Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

—Official— Project Runway Bravo Reboot thread, part 3

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 600May 28, 2019 6:30 AM

Part 2.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1April 27, 2019 11:43 PM

I’m watching because the editor of Teen Vogue is a WOKE sister. I get my political opinions from Teen Vogue.

by Anonymousreply 2April 28, 2019 1:33 AM

This season a BORE, just dull. I don’t think I’ve ever been so bored by any other season of this show.

by Anonymousreply 3April 28, 2019 2:36 AM

Get rid of Elaine.

She ruins the show for me.

Such a fucking downer.

by Anonymousreply 4April 28, 2019 3:23 AM

Re: Tessa

I'm glad she said what she said. It's true that they need to design for all body shapes. On the other hand, they only have a short amount of time to work and they all get the same amount of money, when their models need more fabric and more attention to their shapes.

There have been designers who were able to fit their plus size models, but they are few and far between. Plus, I noticed that if they had a choice, the plus size models aren't going to be the first choice, as we saw on this episode.

Either they give everyone a plus size at the same time, or they allow more time and money, so the designer can present a decent final look.

by Anonymousreply 5April 28, 2019 6:02 AM

90 minutes is way too long. Too much filler, and it’s not good filler because these designers all get along.

I’m stunned at how bad Christian Siriano is at this. He completely fades into the background and makes no impact at all. Really disappointing. The editing makes it look as if all the judges pretty much agree on whether or not a design is good or bad, but that’s so hard to believe. I’m waiting for one of them to call a dress “divine” and then have Nina trash it.

These was NO elegance on that runway in the last episode. None. Most of these designers don’t have it, or anything near it. Sebastian is the only one who’s really good.

by Anonymousreply 6April 28, 2019 6:29 AM

Christian seems like a robot. 0% of his former personality, which was grating, but was a personality. He's as boring as Oscar red carpet fashion is these days.

by Anonymousreply 7April 28, 2019 6:46 AM

I love that the show is 90 minutes long, always had. The format has nothing to do with things being boring. If it were an hour, it will still be lacking, because there is no excitement in the clothing.

Christian was fawning all over this drab. He needs to earn his keep and give constructive criticism.

by Anonymousreply 8April 28, 2019 6:48 AM

This version is terrible. It's really lacking without Tim & Heidi.

by Anonymousreply 9April 28, 2019 7:17 AM

I see it's missing Tim, because too many garments are making it to the runway. Before, most of this dribble wouldn't pass snuff. The worst was last week.

by Anonymousreply 10April 28, 2019 7:46 AM

I actually love Christian. He's kind of funny. I love how he just buzzes around, making snippy comments lol.

And if you compare his comments to the actual judging, he's pretty accurate.

by Anonymousreply 11April 28, 2019 10:35 AM

It's obvious that getting a plus sized model is horrifying for the designers. How does that make the model feel? Do they feel exploited? " Oh no, I get a fat girl." Better they have the regular sized models and have a couple of challenges with "real" women.

by Anonymousreply 12April 28, 2019 12:50 PM

I think Christian is bald. His hair is parted at the back, combed forward, and swirled around his forehead.

by Anonymousreply 13April 28, 2019 1:58 PM

Tessa always making smartass cracks about the other designers. I bet they're pissed watching the show with the rest of us. Her "elegant" outfit for the big girl was ridiculous. Why not just throw a tarp over her and cut a hole for the head, Tessa. Ironically, Sonia's dress came close to elegance. Too bad she couldn't do the kimono. She might've been Top 3.

by Anonymousreply 14April 28, 2019 4:19 PM

None of the designers this week had “elegance “. Not by a long shot. It was more fancy dinner than a grand ball.

I like Christian, he knows of what he speaks. If it wasn’t for his commentary, that dude that made the drapey plaid dress wouldn’t have made it at all.

Next weeks preview was ridiculous. Christian looked like a hobbit standing next to the 50-ft woman😳😳

by Anonymousreply 15April 28, 2019 8:31 PM

Are we even halfway into this season yet? I wonder if the eliminated designers are coming back for a challenge before the end. I want that first eliminated one to make a spectacle of herself one last time.

by Anonymousreply 16April 29, 2019 12:14 AM

The most recent episode was the best so far. Less sensitive, less woke, more emphasis on craft and personal interactions between the designers. Back on board.

by Anonymousreply 17April 29, 2019 1:23 AM

I liked Garo this episode..that model has been really looking lost and unhappy. He made her feel pretty which was sweet. She really isn't a great model though.

by Anonymousreply 18April 29, 2019 11:34 AM

[quote]I want that first eliminated one to make a spectacle of herself one last time.

Better yet, have the girl with the dreadlocks back so we can watch her rip dresses, break lights and knock over the set.

by Anonymousreply 19April 29, 2019 11:38 AM

We're beginning to question your taste level. All of you.

by Anonymousreply 20April 29, 2019 3:33 PM

[quote]It's obvious that getting a plus sized model is horrifying for the designers. How does that make the model feel? Do they feel exploited? " Oh no, I get a fat girl." Better they have the regular sized models and have a couple of challenges with "real" women.

The funny thing is that Tessa herself is no waif. She can be a bitch, but you know that all the other designers secretly think the same way. (Or at least 90% of them). I think that within the constraints of this competition, it's unfair to have a couple designers working with plus sized just because they got the short end of the stick. And then there's the fact that one of these models on the show is just a terrible model, full stop. If they have a couple challenges where everyone has a plus size model, like they used to do, then fine.

I think anyone who chooses to be a model has to have very thick skin- you're never going to be right for every client and they are bound to pick apart your physical appearance. If it's not your weight, it's your height, your face, your walk, etc. That's just life. Nobody would ever hire me as a model, and I would have never expected otherwise.

by Anonymousreply 21April 29, 2019 3:35 PM

There is so much hypocrisy in the fashion industry.

On the surface, you see all of this body-positive, "big is beautiful" bullshit on shows like America's Next Top Model and Project Runway.

Yet underneath, there exists the same attitude of preference for size minus zero models.

This is all a P.R. campaign by the fashion industry, which got flack for promoting anorexic looking models.

So in response, they created all of this "woke" shit and "fat models are IN" campaigns, to counter the criticism. But in reality, it's still just the same old, same old.

This past episode, wherethe designers all chose the thin models, aand Tessa's complained about getting a large model, is proof that nothing in the industry has changed.

by Anonymousreply 22April 29, 2019 3:43 PM

[quote]The funny thing is that Tessa herself is no waif.

YOU, bitch!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23April 29, 2019 3:43 PM

I really like Christian. I liked Tim, but it felt like he never actually gave advice. He would hem and haw and frown then tell them to make it work with a concerned expression. Christian actually tells them their fabrics are shit and what to edit out. And when to stop taking a break and to finish their damn garmet instead of eating.

by Anonymousreply 24April 29, 2019 3:49 PM

[quote]I liked Garo this episode..that model has been really looking lost and unhappy. He made her feel pretty which was sweet.

He REALLY did!!! Her smile put a smile on my face because it was so obvious that she was so happy. I saw the "little girl living her dreams" type of smile.

by Anonymousreply 25April 29, 2019 3:54 PM

I've actually liked Christian more than I thought. He's really quite a Miss Thing and has a wicked sense of humor. I disagree with people saying he doesn't do much. He's been giving quite strong advice all the time. And obviously we only see a small part of what's happening. Tim Gunn once said he usually spends hours in the workroom with the designers and we're only shown a few minutes of it.

I love Gunn although the whole deal with that Indian designer supposedly upsetting that cunt from the production and the way Gunn sided with her considerably lowered my opinion about him. I'm quite ok with this new version since I've grown tired of the format over the years. They actually have done a good job modernizing the show slightly, even though not much has changed.

And yes, Maxwell chastising Tessa for not wanting a fat model seemed so hypocritical I was rolling my eyes. Obviously he wasn't wrong since most clients don't have a model figure but most designers in PR most definitely want to work with the thin girls.

by Anonymousreply 26April 29, 2019 4:52 PM

And of course, as it's been said, it's not about designing for a big girl, it's designing for a big girl when almost everyone else has these wafer thin models that really make the dresses look so much better. That's what it's about.

by Anonymousreply 27April 29, 2019 6:39 PM

I still prefer Tim as the mentor. I think he's much better at it than Christian.

I think Christian should've been a judge instead of Elaine.

I also prefer Heidi to Karlie. Heidi actually gives opinions on the clothes like the other judges. Karlie basically says hello designers & says who's in the top/bottom and who wins/leaves. She doesn't really critique the clothes she giggles with Brandon.

And I want the real Nina Garcia back. WTH did her bite go?

by Anonymousreply 28April 29, 2019 9:29 PM

Karlie gives off a ‘fake’ vibe. Heidi was worlds better (and better looking)...

by Anonymousreply 29April 29, 2019 9:40 PM

To be fair no one thought too much of Heidi when PR premiered. Kloss wouldn't be my first choice to replace Heidi but she's still better than Alyssa Milano. Kloss at least lives and breathes fashion and has met everyone. Without the Kushner connection I'd like her way more but I'm getting used to her by now.

by Anonymousreply 30April 29, 2019 9:49 PM

I thought Heidi was always well received. I always liked her. Didn’t she win Emmys for hosting PR?

by Anonymousreply 31April 29, 2019 9:53 PM

R31, obviously I could be remembering it wrong but wasn't Heidi practically unknown when PR premiered? I'm not saying people didn't like her as a host but she was still only a model and suddenly she was an expert on fashion. Obviously many models are but at least for me it always takes a little bit of time to get used to seeing a model being treated like she understands design as well as designers or industry professionals. I was really only talking about my own opinion although I said it like it was a common opinion, sorry for that, since I didn't follow online conversations about PR at the time. Still, I'm just saying that in her own way Kloss is doing a good enough job as a replacement Heidi.

by Anonymousreply 32April 29, 2019 10:21 PM

Heidi was one of the most famous super models in the world. Kloss is a peon in comparison.

by Anonymousreply 33April 29, 2019 10:22 PM

If I remember correctly Heidi wasn't really an haute couture model. She was a bit like Tyra Banks. Sure I'm sure whe walked for everyone but she wasn't exactly Linda Evangelista or Christy Turlington.

by Anonymousreply 34April 29, 2019 10:25 PM

What was the story about Swapnil and the production person? The only thing I heard to explain Tim's dislike was when he said Swapnil was lazy. Or he didn't try "hard enough". He made some beautiful clothes but I guess he'd take a long smoking break or something when he was done. I took it to mean he didn't go along with the fake reality show bs.

He was a fan favorite but he was never asked to come back for All Stars. now that it's back to the original production company, we'll never see any of those Lifetime designers again. I will miss Dmitri 's dry sense of humor.

by Anonymousreply 35April 29, 2019 11:00 PM

Heidi was the worst host I've ever seen that first season. It was horrible. I wasn't sure I could sit through another season based on her, but she obviously watched herself and realized how bad she was, so she came into the second season about a 100% better.

by Anonymousreply 36April 29, 2019 11:02 PM

Give Karlie and Christian a minute to find their voice. Christian might be holding back a little even.

by Anonymousreply 37April 29, 2019 11:06 PM

I'm now a big fan of Garo. He wanted to make his model feel good. Isn't that what a professional fashion designer is supposed to do for every client?

by Anonymousreply 38April 30, 2019 2:26 AM

R32 You're right she wasn't well known outside her circle and her first year of hosting was a little rough. A lot of people have rose tinted memories of the early seasons. Though the show wouldn't have existed without her so I always gave her a pass for giving critique based only on her taste rather than on an actual understanding of fashion. I don't mind Karlie though she gives terrible interviews and is generally awkward but with her career it makes more sense to cast her as a fashion judge than Heidi. We'll see if she actually lives up to potential and becomes better at it than Heidi was.

by Anonymousreply 39April 30, 2019 5:11 AM

If the show lasts that long.

by Anonymousreply 40April 30, 2019 8:34 AM

I expected to hate Karlie, but I don't mind her really. The first couple episodes she was a little stiff, but she seems to be settling in. And I think Heidi was quite overrated. Karl Lagerfeld said it best:

[quote]"Heidi is no runway model. She is simply too heavy and has too big a bust. And she always grins so stupidly. That is not avant-garde - that is commercial!" and now he claims not to know who she is, "I don't know Heidi Klum. She was never known in France. Claudia Schiffer also doesn't know who she is."

by Anonymousreply 41April 30, 2019 12:44 PM

R39, Heidi received an Emmy nomination for the first four years of PR, winning for the fifth. When she started with PR, she had already been on numerous SI swimsuit issues and numerous Victoria’s Secret shows. She had a much bigger career when she started PR than has.

by Anonymousreply 42April 30, 2019 12:50 PM

But Karlie is related to the Trump clan.

by Anonymousreply 43April 30, 2019 12:55 PM

than Kloss has^^^^

by Anonymousreply 44April 30, 2019 1:03 PM

I want to dislike Karlie because of her Swift and Trump connections, but she's doing ok. Better than poor man's Rachel Ray Alyssa Milano and her trademark waddle across the catwalk. Karlie is like a giant blonde Geico gecko.

by Anonymousreply 45April 30, 2019 1:52 PM

Heidi never walked the Paris/NYC/London/Milan shows as far as I know, which is what Lagerfeld means. Those models are basically walking clothes hangers and they don't get paid much. The modeling money/fame is in editorial spreads and covers of magazines. Those print models might also do the runway as a favor to the designer/to build name recognition but it's magazines that pay the bills. I think Claudia S was considered a bad walker and Kate Moss is short but they'd still show up for Fashion Week.

Heidi was a Victoria's Secret/swim suit model. Entirely different. But she was smart enough to build a business around herself once she got older which few other models have been able to do.

by Anonymousreply 46April 30, 2019 2:30 PM

r33 Heidi was a Victoria's Secret model with "only" a global name recognition elevating her to the level of a supermodel. I'm not the biggest fan of Karlie but she's definitely not just a lingerie model.

by Anonymousreply 47April 30, 2019 3:14 PM

R46

You couldn't be more wrong about how models are paid. They make bank doing the Paris, Milan, NYC shows. It's not a 'favor'. They make diddly for editorial fashion spreads, & covers. They make HUGE bank when they land the big deals like the face of Calvin Klein perfume.

by Anonymousreply 48April 30, 2019 3:27 PM

Karl Cuntyfeld says 'Claudia S also doesn't know who she is.' Cracks me up!!

by Anonymousreply 49April 30, 2019 3:32 PM

Heidi did give a little bit of cunty when she hosted. For that I loved her. "Michael, who do we hate?"

by Anonymousreply 50April 30, 2019 3:52 PM

Of definitely, getting a cosmetics or perfume contract is the ultimate prize but I have heard NYC runway models who get paid in eg, shoes. I only know one, not full time, she's a student but she walked for a well known name and she got paid virtually nothing.

by Anonymousreply 51April 30, 2019 3:56 PM

R49

When did Lagerfeld say that quote about Claudia? He used her all the time especially for Chanel.

by Anonymousreply 52April 30, 2019 5:51 PM

R52, Lagerfeld was dissing Heidi saying Claudia doesn't know who she is.

[quote]Heidi did give a little bit of cunty when she hosted. For that I loved her. "Michael, who do we hate?"

She can be quite cruel but she does it so beautifully it's charming. Heidi used to host Germany's Top Model (maybe she still does) and I watched one whole season on Youtube where some big hearted person posted it and had translated all episodes to English. The models were mostly like real life models i.e. teens and thin. They went to go-sees in at least Paris and possibly in Milan which was awesome. The show felt way more real than Tyra's shows which are more reality shows than modeling competitions. But Heidi certainly could act quite bitchy and it seemed quite natural when she was among her own people.

by Anonymousreply 53April 30, 2019 8:40 PM

Oh, for the good old days.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 54April 30, 2019 9:09 PM

Watched R54's video. The fake tan is super tragic more often than not. A couple of his comments haven't aged well. 'no woman wants to look like they have a big ass'. Pre-Kardashian obviously. 'no woman wants cancelled written across their crotch'. Some of the millennials for sure do. And stewardess was probably out of style then.

Ok, so he was good and cunty. Not afraid to read what he's seeing. I'm sure this has been covered a thousand times but it's funny when you look at what he makes. Built up in part by the show. I guess a lot of women respond to his handbag but you wear his mens stuff? It's like the blandest shit ever. Oh right, sellable. But to whom.........

by Anonymousreply 55April 30, 2019 10:08 PM

It was great seeing Kors in action again.

by Anonymousreply 56April 30, 2019 10:58 PM

Why are they so worried about overlapping their design fabrics? Did the actress or the judges say it had to be a cohesive collection? Actress wanted three different looks for different purposes. Just because there has to be a stupid storyline created (thanks producers), doesn’t mean the actual designs have to be cohesive.

Also, Actress is a skinny chick. Why did they even bother having Curvy Clumper on? They’ll have to redesign of their line wins!

by Anonymousreply 57May 3, 2019 1:22 AM

Does anyone have the live stream link--the bootleg one?

by Anonymousreply 58May 3, 2019 1:23 AM

r58 123tvnow.com /watch/ bravo/

by Anonymousreply 59May 3, 2019 1:27 AM

Thank you, R59!

by Anonymousreply 60May 3, 2019 1:28 AM

Garo really looks HOT in this episode!

by Anonymousreply 61May 3, 2019 1:50 AM

Okay, the producers are testing Elaine. Maybe the show is getting some Karli backlash because of her Kushner/Trump connection? OR, it comes down to a money issue?

by Anonymousreply 62May 3, 2019 2:04 AM

I hated all of the looks tonight. Just didn’t like any of them. Too much color,

by Anonymousreply 63May 3, 2019 2:16 AM

Hester again. And they kept saying how well constructed it was???!! It bunches up in the ass!

by Anonymousreply 64May 3, 2019 2:26 AM

And of course Renee lost - and guess who was her model...

by Anonymousreply 65May 3, 2019 2:27 AM

Well that sucked. I really liked Renee.

by Anonymousreply 66May 3, 2019 2:29 AM

How. The. Fuck. Did. Sebastian’s. Team. Not. Win??? Baccarin has no fucking taste. She’s a slut too, isn’t she?

That Hester swimsuit looked like a clown Suit. The flowery top Renee did was fine, not the pants, though.

The whole lot of them are over Hester and her weirdo Ways.

And once again, Renee with the curvy girl loses. 🙄🙄

by Anonymousreply 67May 3, 2019 2:29 AM

THAT WAS SUCH A WRONG CALL!!!! SHE WAS ROBBED!!! ROBBED, I TELL YOU!!!

by Anonymousreply 68May 3, 2019 2:32 AM

[quote]That Hester swimsuit looked like a clown Suit.

In the official photo it looks nice but during the show it just looked complicated and it would be a pain in the ass to get in and out of.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 69May 3, 2019 2:36 AM

Hester's swimsuit was absurd. And then they were raving over those strangely fitting white pants? That team shouldn't have won. The safe team was so much better. I don't like Tessa but I don't blame her for saying "I'm confused" - cuz I was too.

Jamal's "swimsuit" was even worse I think. The first time I ever agreed with bad ice skater uniform...and wtf was with the boob area being highlighted in yellow?

Brandon is trying so hard to be Michael Kors with his diatribe on Renee's pants.

Almost ALL of the looks sucked, except maybe Sebastian. I wonder what sjw sin he'll commit for them to justify kicking him off so the "outsider weirdo" Hester can win.

It's getting harder and harder to watch this show. I am not sure it's worth it anymore. I am already just fast forwarding to the runway since the other scenes add nothing, but now the judging is so moronic - I don't even want to watch that part.

by Anonymousreply 70May 3, 2019 3:44 AM

Everything was trash.

by Anonymousreply 71May 3, 2019 7:36 AM

Well, I've tried to like it, but they're making it tough. I miss Heidi and Tim and even Zac. Karlie and Elaine are bland. Christian is good, but I agree with a poster above that he would be better served as a judge. The clothes are mostly not up to par. Everyone has to be so careful what they say. It is unfair that some designers are put at a disadvantage by using the "curvy" models. (Perhaps not the most apt term, as slim models can also be curvy.)

And Michael Kors was right: women do not want to look like we have enormous asses. Well, most of us anyway!

by Anonymousreply 72May 3, 2019 8:32 AM

None of Hester’s winning looks deserved their win. There was always some look that was much better, and twice it was Sebastian’s.

by Anonymousreply 73May 3, 2019 8:50 AM

R62 These episodes were filmed months before it started to air so it's not a reaction to her Trump/Kushner connection. She's also producing so they can't easily boot her out of any hosting spot.

by Anonymousreply 74May 3, 2019 10:26 AM

I just don't understand how the panel continues to praise Hester. I hate everything she does and I especially hate how it's all gone to her head. Cocky people who act like they're better than is such a turn off to me.

Not to mention we have 1 Betsy Johnson in fashion. Betsy's designs look like Givenchy compared to the crap Hester creates.

I also hate Tessa's bitchy attitude. People need to quit doing her work. Why help someone who's a cunt?

by Anonymousreply 75May 3, 2019 12:10 PM

Last episode was unwatchable.

by Anonymousreply 76May 3, 2019 12:28 PM

[quote]I also hate Tessa's bitchy attitude. People need to quit doing her work. Why help someone who's a cunt?

Could it be that it shows the quality of humanity and that people are generally nice and can easily be taken advantage of? It's interesting how many people have helped her so far. I don't recall her ever helping anyone else thus far and that would be because she can't.

I actually liked her creation this go around. But, hasn't she done this before? They definitely caught her attitude with that model; "I got you again."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 77May 3, 2019 12:29 PM

Except for the ridiculous outdoor challenge, Sebastian, imo, has won every week. This show is more joke than woke...

by Anonymousreply 78May 3, 2019 12:49 PM

Here's the episode for those who may have missed it and would like to see it. Or, for those who would like to watch it again.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 79May 3, 2019 12:51 PM

[quote]Except for the ridiculous outdoor challenge, Sebastian, imo, has won every week.

I think that they realize that Sebastian is FAR above the rest of the group and the show therefore refrains giving him too much airtime. Why on earth are they pushing Hester is beyond me.

by Anonymousreply 80May 3, 2019 12:53 PM

I don't get the love for Hester at all. I've had some issues with her personality from day one, but in fairness to her, that doesn't matter because it's a fashion competition. That being said, I've disliked nearly everything she has put out, and this week was no exception. Sebastian should have won this week.

by Anonymousreply 81May 3, 2019 4:32 PM

[quote]Sebastian should have won this week.

Sebastian should win every week but if you thought the show was boring before....

I think Hetster's WINS (she has 3 now?) is once again an homage to the celebration of differences. The show wants to encourage the many little boys and girls out there watching in television land to live their lives and just create!

by Anonymousreply 82May 3, 2019 4:42 PM

I totally agree with everyone on Sebastian. He's by far the best. He should've won again (and his team) last night. Hester's clown bathing suit being praised by the guest was even more surprising.

Did you see the preview for next week? They're getting male models and they showed a clip of Sebastian being all flustered / excited around them. I was thinking - wait, you're just as good looking! Or is that just me? Maybe he doesn't have a 6-pack like all those models who paraded in - but anyway, I think he's pretty attractive. It's funny how the pecs & abs parade was just done last night on RPDR and now PR is doing it next week. But if it was women... NEVAH. Exploitation! Anyway, why am I on this tangent...

by Anonymousreply 83May 3, 2019 5:17 PM

Are people still actually watching this mess?

by Anonymousreply 84May 3, 2019 5:42 PM

[quote]they showed a clip of Sebastian being all flustered / excited around them. I was thinking - wait, you're just as good looking! Or is that just me? Maybe he doesn't have a 6-pack like all those models who paraded in - but anyway, I think he's pretty attractive.

Sebastian IS HOT!!!! On one of these episodes they showed a picture of him when he was younger. If you think he's hot now? Had he used his ass correctly back then he would have OWNED GUCCI!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 85May 3, 2019 5:42 PM

R83

I am convinced the producers told Morena to praise Hester's swimsuit.

I have followed Morena for years going back to her time on Homeland. She has never worn anything as garish or clowny.

I 'd bet money on it.

by Anonymousreply 86May 3, 2019 5:44 PM

I think Garo's hot.

by Anonymousreply 87May 3, 2019 5:48 PM

Morena said that she would prefer Hester's simsuit in a dark color and then praised Hester for having the swimsuit be reversable and black being the second option.

While I hate Tessa I must admit that I thought her team's designs were more appropiate and elegant for the client. But man, Tessa is really a cunt for cunting at Hester for her, though undeserved, win (seriously, that bathing suit was ill fitting even with straps!)

I am sad to see Renee go, because she was really a decent designer on her own. Why she chose to make pants in a totally new, different way in a one day competition was so fucking stupid of her. But then even with well fitted pants the design still would have looked like a mantronly shopping mall look. She's so not a team person.

I look forward to the next episode with male models! Why the fuck is there no competion show for male fashion? I would totally watch that for the obligatory new, fashion forward underwear challenge alone. Just make it a mini series with fewer episodes, but kick ass challenges each season.

Regarding last week's episode. Once again Tessa was her cunty self, but none of the designers, who were able to pick their models before Tessa, fought over picking one of the regular sized models. Quite frankly I am surprised that Kate, the model, keeps her cool being treated like the unfair disadvantage of the challenges. In this episode Vinnie's flustered "ok, ok, ok!" when discovering his team's models said it all.

by Anonymousreply 88May 3, 2019 6:36 PM

Thanks r85 - I didn't think I was alone in this!

Interesting, R86 - wouldn't surprise me - though maybe she liked the black side. Still - it looked clowny and weird... maybe a bit 90s Sports Illustrated swimsuit issue... or maybe Hustler before they take it off on the 2nd page.

by Anonymousreply 89May 3, 2019 6:50 PM

[quote]Quite frankly I am surprised that Kate, the model, keeps her cool being treated like the unfair disadvantage of the challenges.

I agree. Kudos to her. You can see it in her face how much she is being affected by this. What's interesting is that the fat black woman doesn't seem fazed by it at all.

by Anonymousreply 90May 3, 2019 6:50 PM

Is the large model named Kate? Hasn’t Kate been the model for every contestant aufed?

by Anonymousreply 91May 3, 2019 9:08 PM

Practically, R91.

by Anonymousreply 92May 3, 2019 9:09 PM

LOL. "The butts are loose!"

by Anonymousreply 93May 3, 2019 9:14 PM

Contestants are no longer aufed.

by Anonymousreply 94May 3, 2019 9:15 PM

Damn. Sorry, wrong thread.

by Anonymousreply 95May 3, 2019 9:16 PM

What, is aufed too socially unjust?

by Anonymousreply 96May 3, 2019 9:22 PM

No. “Aufed” is German. D’aint no Germans in da house.

by Anonymousreply 97May 3, 2019 9:25 PM

aufed is not German.

by Anonymousreply 98May 3, 2019 9:34 PM

Auf wiedersehen, R97.

by Anonymousreply 99May 3, 2019 9:36 PM

Sure. Auf Wiedersehen is German. It means Goodbye.

by Anonymousreply 100May 3, 2019 9:42 PM

Kate has become a cause célèbre.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 101May 3, 2019 10:12 PM

I wonder what made her think to become a model? Her walk is really bad, more like a cross between a lumber and a clomp...

by Anonymousreply 102May 3, 2019 10:47 PM

But, here's the catch, R102...

She's on the television. You are not. You're watching her. She doesn't even know who you are.

by Anonymousreply 103May 3, 2019 10:58 PM

Sounds like someone hit a fat nerve...

by Anonymousreply 104May 3, 2019 11:01 PM

[quote] I agree. Kudos to her. You can see it in her face how much she is being affected by this. What's interesting is that the fat black woman doesn't seem fazed by it at all.

Maybe she's just a sour cunt. If she's affected by anything happening in the show she's clearly not professional enough to keep it all to herself. OR she's not even thinking about it and is just happy to get the paycheck.

I did wonder why on earth did they use the fatter models in this challenge. If Baccarin was really going to wear to clothes what was the point of showing them on a totally different body type?

by Anonymousreply 105May 3, 2019 11:09 PM

I love how the show gives the trans model the being accepted by everybody edit where the judges comment about her favoribly during the runway presentation. I wouldn't be surprised if for a surprise twist there will not be a winning designer but the winner will be Mimi, the trans model.

by Anonymousreply 106May 3, 2019 11:28 PM

Sorry, favorably.

by Anonymousreply 107May 3, 2019 11:29 PM

Jesus. Sebastian's team was the most cohesive. Tessa and Lela's looks were the most similar and Lela's picked up Sebastian's quilting. None of the other looks on the runway had jack shit to do with each other. I can't believe Elaine said Hester's team was cohesive. That's not what cohesive is.

by Anonymousreply 108May 3, 2019 11:50 PM

I get the Elaine hate now. She is not a good judge. She wanted Renee "to go all the way". What? You are unprofessional. I have never heard a judge side with any contestant so casually. If you really like a contestant you say "I'll miss you! We'll all miss you!" Elaine is sloppy. Hester winning three times shows how not competitive the competition is.

by Anonymousreply 109May 3, 2019 11:56 PM

I hate Elaine. Her wokeness compels her to be friends with certain contestants.

by Anonymousreply 110May 4, 2019 12:08 AM

I hope Karli is gone more often and we can see how Elaine says goodbye to non-black designers for comparison.

by Anonymousreply 111May 4, 2019 12:10 AM

Sebastian saying "escalator" instead of "ladder" was about the cutest shit ever. That is all.

by Anonymousreply 112May 4, 2019 12:22 AM

I don't know if you have that right, R109. I could be wrong but I thought it was Elaine who pushed Renee out even though she said what she did. Look... the show is rigged. And, I'm not really having an issue with that because I get all of the social statements that the program is trying to put forth. With that said, it appears to me that the show wants to invest in and groom a diverse audience. That's the primary objective. It's the first season back on BRAVO and so I'm willing to give it a pass.

But, I'm trying to figure out why they are holding on to Bishme & Venny. Black male fashion designers who give the appearances of being heterosexual? Anyway, at least one of them should have been gone long ago. Actually both of them. Renee made a bad pant but I saw more of Rio and carnival in her submission than that adolescent whatever thing that Venny submitted. Even the other contestants were surprised by her elimination. Again, it seems as "if you should know better" the contestant is punished. I think that with Renee in the finals she could have given Sebastian a good run for the money. Renee, Tessa, Lela, and Sebastian, all have that taste for classicism. Tessa will lose because she doesn't have the skill set. Lela, might lose because she isn't really daring enough. Sonya should have stayed in this too. But, I think the show wants to send that message out of diversity.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 113May 4, 2019 12:22 AM

The PR thread gets much more attention than the RHONY thread does. Controversy propelling this one, or is RHONY jumping the shark?

by Anonymousreply 114May 4, 2019 12:23 AM

The moment it was revealed that it's a team challenge I knew the team that has the one with immunity in it will be the losing team. For some reason that seems like a sure bet.

by Anonymousreply 115May 4, 2019 12:25 AM

Venny, should have been gone after this monstrosity--Episode 1

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 116May 4, 2019 12:34 AM

Great. Now I'm in trouble. Imagine Michael Kors telling a white gay male contestant "I wanted you to go all the way". Renee's winning look for the survival challenge best fit that challenge but I didn't love it. Renee's looks for the elegance, video game, and Dapper Dan challenges are all good. Stylist for sure, not too exciting. It never occurred to me she was obviously in the finals.

by Anonymousreply 117May 4, 2019 12:40 AM

[quote] It never occurred to me she was obviously in the finals.

Given the creativity and skills of the other contestants she should be right in there. Maybe it's a question of taste but I look at many of these submissions to have a level of class, elegance, and "can it sell". Tessa, Lela, Sebastian, Renee, Sonya, all pretty much hit that mark. Hester's and Garo's audiences/buyers is a special niche club type girl. The others? Well,they can make a dress...

by Anonymousreply 118May 4, 2019 12:48 AM

No, you're right. Renee is up there in the competition. Garo has taste questions. Not sure what Lela's really about yet..

by Anonymousreply 119May 4, 2019 12:50 AM

R113 Exactly how I understood the judging as well it was Elaine that wanted to keep Venny over Renee. Maybe they ousted Renee to give her a nice comeback in the next episode or something.

by Anonymousreply 120May 4, 2019 1:05 AM

Kate is an undressable beast none of them can design for. I liked Renee's top but the pant was the worst thing this week. Venny's dress was clearance rack at Forever 21 but it was well made and fit perfectly.

by Anonymousreply 121May 4, 2019 1:14 AM

[quote]the pant was the worst thing this week.

It really wasn't that bad and I think if executed properly, the "look" works well on Kate. But, that's just my opinion.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 122May 4, 2019 1:20 AM

I can see from here it's hemmed nicely and she thought about Kate's shape but the crotch was too low and there was something going on with the side seams.

by Anonymousreply 123May 4, 2019 1:24 AM

[quote]Kate is an undressable beast none of them can design for.

Garo did and it was beautifully executed!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 124May 4, 2019 1:27 AM

Justice for Kate!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 125May 4, 2019 1:31 AM

No one mentioned it on the show or here on this thread but I loved Hester's homage to Carmen Miranda.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 126May 4, 2019 1:42 AM

I thought I heard someone say something with 'banana' in it when Hester was cutting and everyone was waiting for her to stop and pay attention. I took it to be a Carmen Miranda reference.

Did anyone else hear what was said?

by Anonymousreply 127May 4, 2019 1:46 AM

Happens in the workplace. Such an amateur mistake. People are so into being likable and being cool and have bought into some everyone's friends bs they forget to maintain authority.

by Anonymousreply 128May 4, 2019 2:11 AM

No! Everyone is equal! We're all the same even I have no experience! There is no hierarchy.

by Anonymousreply 129May 4, 2019 2:13 AM

Venny has no taste at all. He deserved to go a long time ago. Jamall sucks too. Renee fucked up this week, but the odds were stacked against her with that bovine model. I feel sorry for her.

I must admit I'm getting a kick out of Tessa. She makes a good villain without being a straight up bully.

by Anonymousreply 130May 4, 2019 4:06 AM

[quote] I hated all of the looks tonight. Just didn’t like any of them

Okay, here's the thing.

FIRST. These people are completely clueless. They were designing a day, swimsuit, and evening look for Rio. And they chose the WORST color palettes EVER!!! Nobody in Rio would ever wear that shit.

These people were designing for American tourists, and not Rio natives. The look that Morena had on her face, was the same look that I had. It was all crap!

The colors, the outfits, everything... it was UGLY.

Here's what they have to ask themselves. Would I wear this myself? Would I wear this to the beach? Would I wear this to lunch in my city? Would I wear this outfit out at night??? It really is that simple.

The fact that they are designing for Rio de Janeiro does not mean that it has to automatically look tacky as shit.

The only factors would probably be weather and culture. I would have done white for the daytime, something perhaps less than conservative for the beach (Rio is the thong capital after all), and then something elegant and comfortable for evening. Boom. Done.

These designer chose the ugliest colors and the ugliest clothes. I wanted to fucking GAG.

What they made was basically tourist wear for Americans traveling abroad, and not something a Rio native would wear.

SECOND. I knew Renee was a goner.

I said before that it's pointless for older designers to be on this show. First it was Nadine (47/48). Then it was Sonia (53). Now Renee (51). These designers are only put on the show as tokens, no matter how good they are.

That's why Venny and Bishme are still on the show. It's because they're younger. That's the only reason.

If it was being judged fairly, then Renee would still be there, and either Jamal, Venny, or Bishme would have been gone.

by Anonymousreply 131May 4, 2019 5:12 AM

Bishme has had a few ok looks. I think he actually has some potential, but Venny is just designing tacky hoochie-wear and Jamall seems totally clueless

by Anonymousreply 132May 4, 2019 5:23 AM

[quote]But, I'm trying to figure out why they are holding on to Bishme & Venny. Black male fashion designers who give the appearances of being heterosexual?

On what planet are they considered straight?

This thread took a turn to alt-right, apparently. People bitching about Elaine rigging the competition seem to forget that A) a black designer was auffed and B) a black designer didn't win. It's like watching Nazis argue about Jews causing problems when listening to you racist hens here. And I say this as a white miggle-aged man. Renee was one of the most solid designers in the lot so saying she could've gone all the way wasn't unusual at all. But you decide to read way too much into Elaine's words. The garment Renee made was absolutely horrendous. Those pants were made for a diaper wearing 90 year old.

by Anonymousreply 133May 4, 2019 7:38 AM

[quote] I say this as a white miggle-aged man.

I think you meant "muggle," R133.

by Anonymousreply 134May 4, 2019 7:40 AM

I wouldn’t mind being miggle-aged. It beats the hell out of being 59.

Garo, do you like older men? I can heat up your iron, pull on your strings, slug Sonia.

Call me!

by Anonymousreply 135May 4, 2019 8:37 AM

Oh geez, I didn't even notice I'd written it like that. It seems I'm getting dyslexic in my older years. I try to go through my text before posting but I still miss things. Oh well.

by Anonymousreply 136May 4, 2019 8:42 AM

r131, I think what threw the designers off was the stuff Morena showed off in her own closet. The moment she said "I love prints" I was like "Oh fuck, you just opened a can of worms, Missy!" and then was surprised that most designers didn't go full on print (but the losing design did have a tacky print as blouse).

And while I love Morena Baccarin (like, in Gotham), I thought the whole backstory (design three looks for me and my trip to my home country ... where I take lots and lots of pictures being out and about for the press!) for the challenge was a bit tacky. But then the runway with those terrible designs was kind of a karmic response to that.

by Anonymousreply 137May 4, 2019 9:35 AM

Are Karlie and Nina gone for good ?

by Anonymousreply 138May 4, 2019 9:36 AM

Things go back to normal next week since they were in the next week's preview.

by Anonymousreply 139May 4, 2019 9:50 AM

I need to stop hanging on every word of this shit. I'm sure Elaine is a lovely person, I do not think she's rigging the competition.

by Anonymousreply 140May 4, 2019 11:08 AM

Marni's Christ earrings. Apparently there's a pearl where the head is supposed to be.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 141May 4, 2019 11:10 AM

She didn't say Renee could have gone all the way, she said she wanted her to go all the way. On one hand it's a fine and honest thing to say. Elaine thought Renee was one of the top people. On the other hand, a judge doesn't and shouldn't reveal they have a picture of the outcomes. It's not done.

by Anonymousreply 142May 4, 2019 11:15 AM

How is that any different than saying to the designers that you want them to succeed and go further in the competition?

by Anonymousreply 143May 4, 2019 11:22 AM

I would not hire someone like Marnie who name drops Kendall Jenner being one of her clients. She may be some A-List superstar in some circles, but not with me.

by Anonymousreply 144May 4, 2019 11:25 AM

Obviously I'm reading too much into it. I want you to "succeed and go further in the competition" is a smoother line.

by Anonymousreply 145May 4, 2019 11:28 AM

It's not a big deal. Elaine lowered the boom a little for Renee because she was leaving and it didn't matter.

by Anonymousreply 146May 4, 2019 11:34 AM

Last week Christian told the designer who got eliminated that her dress was great and he knew clients who'd want to wear that dress. Sometimes the judges, the host, or the mentor show some emotion when a designer they like has to leave. No reason to push them into a grease fire.

by Anonymousreply 147May 4, 2019 11:38 AM

Yes, of course. There's lots of room and a number of great ways for a judge to convey approval for both a person and their work. It's a subtle distinction. Not everyone has this kind of finesse. Spliting hairs looking at 97% vs. 100% judging.

by Anonymousreply 148May 4, 2019 11:44 AM

Every week I come into this thread, there's a full-blown intifada against Elaine going on. She really pisses some people off, doesn't she?

Tess is such a dark cloud of a person, I feel tense watching people argue with her. And what's the gray-haired Whatsherface's problem with Garro in the next week's preview? I don't like that either.

by Anonymousreply 149May 4, 2019 1:38 PM

I might find Elaine slightly less insufferable if she actually had some fashion background lending credence to her opinions. But she doesn't. She would have been ok as a guest judge alongside all the irrelevant bloggers and Z-listers they've paraded out there before, but there is no good reason for her to be there permanently.

by Anonymousreply 150May 4, 2019 1:48 PM

Is Marni being played by Toni Collette?

Why did they all choose the same colors? That was fucking weird.

by Anonymousreply 151May 4, 2019 2:28 PM

If you look at Hester’s bathing suit compared to Sebastian’s, the push to make Hester happen is obvious. Only a blind fool would choose hers over his...

by Anonymousreply 152May 4, 2019 3:57 PM

The judges are new. Brandon was working on a colorful Kors-like description/put-down or two.

by Anonymousreply 153May 4, 2019 4:29 PM

Marni is one of those old people trying so hard to still be young. I cringe when she's on.

by Anonymousreply 154May 4, 2019 4:32 PM

Thank Oprah the male models are coming next week. The show needs some oomph.

by Anonymousreply 155May 4, 2019 4:36 PM

Elaine’s professional focus has been on politics and social justice, even though she has worked at fashion magazines. Let’s hope she moves on soon. PR should be a show about design.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 156May 4, 2019 4:40 PM

Marni is a very very old looking 47 if that's her real age.

by Anonymousreply 157May 4, 2019 4:42 PM

Will there be fat men next week?

by Anonymousreply 158May 4, 2019 5:26 PM

[quote] Will there be fat men next week?

Probably not. Elaine only cares about fat women. She's only half-woke.

#allfatlivesmatter

by Anonymousreply 159May 4, 2019 5:36 PM

Great question. And if not, why not?...

by Anonymousreply 160May 4, 2019 5:38 PM

Jamal has to be the least talented designer they've had in years. That swimsuit was so bad.

by Anonymousreply 161May 4, 2019 8:44 PM

Finally watching this. Man the judges are so in love with Hester for a reason I don't understand. This is her second underserved win after ridiculously picking her look over Tessa in the video game challenge.

Also this was yet another underwhelming runway. I'm so rarely impressed by the actual fashion this season.

by Anonymousreply 162May 4, 2019 8:55 PM

Would someone please give Tessa a swift kick in the cunt. She deserves one badly and immediately.

by Anonymousreply 163May 4, 2019 9:03 PM

I think you’d have to mark it off....

by Anonymousreply 164May 5, 2019 12:57 AM

Does anyone know the names of the male models appearing in the next episode?

by Anonymousreply 165May 5, 2019 1:03 AM

Bishme should have won. For all of you Sebastian's lovers, I like his work too, but this week. . .

I saw some poor construction in Sebastian and Hester's droopy bottom look. In Sebastion's top, he has seams right in the front. Too tacky and amateurish.

by Anonymousreply 166May 5, 2019 6:06 AM

The actual designs don't wow me this season. But that happens when you pick designers who can't do their best under pressure and stress.

by Anonymousreply 167May 5, 2019 6:31 AM

They should give them two days. My goodness! One day is not enough to film, sketch, shop for fabrics, sew, model fit, and hair/makeup.

by Anonymousreply 168May 5, 2019 6:35 AM

[quote] Does anyone know the names of the male models appearing in the next episode?

Sleve McDichael

Todd Bonzalez

Mike Truk

Ray McScriff

Those were the only ones I recognized..

by Anonymousreply 169May 5, 2019 12:32 PM

R168,in every other season designers have been given the same time, but were able to come up with true fashion. This season's contestants are just inferior talents. But then, they get inferior judging, so everything works out.

by Anonymousreply 170May 5, 2019 12:44 PM

[quote]This season's contestants are just inferior talents.

Why do you think that is?

Once again, I'm led back to the discussion of what is the value of this show to the fashion industry. To my knowledge there has been only one breakout star and that us Christian. I know I did post an article (maybe it's in thread one) that featured 10 contestants (it included Christian) that are doing well.

But, I'm getting the feeling that this show isn't really held in high regard by the industry. Am I wrong? Are there any fashion insiders that could and would like to share their view with us?

by Anonymousreply 171May 5, 2019 12:54 PM

In previous seasons, many of the guest judges were esteemed members of the fashion industry , people who have actually accomplished something. The show is a gimmick, not held in high regard by those who put in more than a few hours designing clothes. The Lifetime experience weakened the franchise and this year's emphasis on social statements further weakened the pool of those selected.

by Anonymousreply 172May 5, 2019 1:05 PM

People constantly complained about the "inferior talents" during the Lifetime years. Come on...Anya? Ashley? You think those seasons had more talent? I didn't even finish watching Ashley's season and I still haven't looked at S15 or S16.

by Anonymousreply 173May 5, 2019 2:07 PM

But, R173, were they all in the same season? The Lifetime years really took the shine off of the legitimacy of the fashion aspect, with a few exceptions. Bravo had a chance to restore the luster, but chose to go on a different path.

by Anonymousreply 174May 5, 2019 2:20 PM

It may take some time for them to rebuild their reputation...or it may be too late. I guess we'll see after the finale. I think Sebastian and Garo (especially Sebastian) are legitimately talented designers. Tessa has done some good work, even if I dislike her as a person.

by Anonymousreply 175May 5, 2019 2:29 PM

I remember an opening episode (might have been an All Stars) in which they got a video-taped message from Valentino. The guest judges used to be recognized names in fashion, not reality stars. No, no one in the fashion industry takes this program seriously. It might even be a detriment. Designers from various states use it to get publicity for their own small businesses.

Leanne Marshall is successful with her own bridal line. Sirano, I don't know. He presents at fashion week, I assumed he has a backer/partner who funds that collection but is it manufactured and sold in shops/department stores? Or it publicity for his red carpet business which is a lot of one-off gowns individually designed for the client. He's smart to go after the actresses who *don't* get free gowns thrown at them by big name designers. He gets massive publicity for dressing not-model-size women. The best thing he's ever done IMO was the outfit for Billy Porter at the Oscars. But it means he doesn't have a distinctive style. Styles change every season but you can generally pick out a Marchesa gown or a Herrera or an OdlR or Chanel because they have an overall house look. Maybe that's not important, I don't know.

How many top models have come out of America's Next Top Model?

by Anonymousreply 176May 5, 2019 3:22 PM

[quote]How many top models have come out of America's Next Top Model?

Touché, R176. The same question could be asked of all of these reality shows. The only ones that I can think of that have had a breakout star; "American Idol" (what? Maybe 4 at most given its number of years?); "Survivor" (2? I can only think of Elisabeth Hasselbeck & Reichen Lehmkuhl--boy! Did he crash & burn); " I think the Food Network had one or two

My point being that maybe what I think is a terrific runway platform for many is probably a death knell for most. I'm just mystified why there aren't more stars from these programs. Susan Boyle sure is doing well!

by Anonymousreply 177May 5, 2019 3:58 PM

Whatever happened to Jay? He looks great, though.

That's another thing. The contestants (and I guess, throw in the talent too) from season one were treated so shitty compared to everyone's treatment now. The creators of this show are reaping millions upon millions as it is franchised everywhere. The contestants from Season 1? Oh, well....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 178May 5, 2019 4:10 PM

Top Chef seems to produce a lot of successful restauranteurs, though the contestants are typically already on their way—sous chefs to big names or executive chefs.

by Anonymousreply 179May 5, 2019 4:15 PM

As others have said, the move to Lifetime stopped the PR train dead on. When they got it back, the people at Bravo and Magical Elves knew that they had some work to do to reestablish the brand. First thing they did was reconnect the show back to CFDA with the mentorship, which is huge. The second thing they did was go with what the current trend in fashion is right now... and yes, I said trend... being woke... social justice... celebrating diverse bodies, urban wear as high fashion. That is where the industry is right now and so that is the direction Bravo decided to take it in.

I know some of you hate the whole "woke" thing and I don't really care why it bothers you so much, but this is where fashion is. So Bravo was smart to go down this path. What they are also doing is what they have consistently been doing on Top Chef. They are telling you who these people are based on their creativity. Where it comes from. How they design. What inspires them, etc.

But make no mistake, it is also a reality competition show. So you are going to have one day challenges and voting that doesn't always make sense. And they are going to drive the "contestants" to physical exhaustion and see what happens when creative people are forced to create in a high stress environment for ratings.

During Bravo 1.0 most of these designers were already connected in some way to some "name" in fashion and that's how they ended up on the show. Lifetime was casting a reality show and took anybody. As you can see many of this seasons designers already have lines out there or they've already shown at fashion week. Most of these people want to use PR as a means of getting some cash, meeting some people, making some good contact and doing their own thing. I don't think someone like Tessa wants to design for Calvin Klein. She wants to design for herself. And a lot of that generational.

by Anonymousreply 180May 5, 2019 6:11 PM

That's true, Top Chef seems to be the only one with credibility.

Definitely see the new theme.. a judge from Teen Vogue, a real effort to recruit minorities (note that all the older women are gone though so it's as ageist as ever), Hester's success (and I like her), the super hero challenge, the streetwear one. They are really trying to revitalize the show but they ended up with a bunch of very uneven designers. A good look one week and a disaster the next. Sebastian is the most skilled and talented but he doesn't fit the "woke" image. He's classic, not trendy, women over 30 will like his stuff.

by Anonymousreply 181May 5, 2019 7:09 PM

[quote]Sebastian is the most skilled and talented but he doesn't fit the "woke" image. He's classic, not trendy, women over 30 will like his stuff.

And, that's why they are keeping him out of the limelight. I believe the winner will be Sebastian but as I posted earlier, the show is looking to attract and groom a diverse audience. I don't know what happened over there at LifeTime but it sounds as if the show and concept did suffer.

I am pissed though that they let Renee go but kept those 3 talented black males. It's ageist and since they're wholly on this "let's make a social message" kick, then let's make a social message. I mean, (and please correct me if I'm wrong), was Wendy Pepper the oldest contestant to ever make it through to the end? Come to think of it, did PR ever give an acknowledgement of her death and her contribution as a season one contestant?

by Anonymousreply 182May 5, 2019 7:29 PM

[quote] "Survivor" (2? I can only think of Elisabeth Hasselbeck & Reichen Lehmkuhl--boy! Did he crash & burn); " I

Reichen was on The Amazing Race (Season 4)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 183May 5, 2019 7:30 PM

^ OOPS! "but kept those 3 talented black males." S/B "3 talentless balck males"

by Anonymousreply 184May 5, 2019 7:30 PM

When Sebastian does make it out of "safe" hell, he's going to be hit with the dreaded "matronly" critique. Not that his designs have been matronly, the only challenge he's really flubbed has been the video game one, but that will be his label. He's def going to make top three though.

I hope he gets hired on at a design house. Plenty of designers come up through the ranks that way. It's a good way to learn the business before starting your own label. right now he's cleaning houses.

I've looked at a few contestants ' websites. They are indy designers with a business but their stuff looks kinda ordinary? Very small lines. It's tough.

by Anonymousreply 185May 5, 2019 7:47 PM

I wonder how the finale will work, it wasn't timed around Fashion Week (which is in February and September) for this season. So I guess it will just be a private show like they do for All Stars.

by Anonymousreply 186May 5, 2019 7:52 PM

[quote]I hope he gets hired on at a design house. Plenty of designers come up through the ranks that way. It's a good way to learn the business before starting your own label. right now he's cleaning houses.

But, he's worked for a design house in the past. I don't know what the story is that got him to cleaning houses but I agree with you. I would like to see him work for like a Carolina Herrera or someone of the level for a year or two prior to launching his own label.

by Anonymousreply 187May 5, 2019 7:53 PM

I didn't know that. I also wonder how he got a work visa even pre-Trump unless it was via the fashion house.

by Anonymousreply 188May 5, 2019 7:58 PM

"Fashion designer Sebastian Grey is no stranger to the high-end market, with 10 years’ experience working with renowned designers like Lina Cantillo and Andres Otalora. Colombian-born Sebastian worked in his family’s leather business while growing up, learning his skillset for detail and precision by listening to what the customer wanted and keeping up with pop-cultural trends."

So, he definitely knows what he is doing. I truly believe, (given his background), that he could be a breakout star that would rival Christian.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 189May 5, 2019 8:04 PM

There has been actually been a fair number of nicely pedigreed contestants that have come through Project Runway. And plenty of them have perfectly fine careers in fashion after the show. But becoming a true fashion industry break out isn't easy.

by Anonymousreply 190May 5, 2019 8:26 PM

I've decided that I will buy something of hers. Aside from being a beautiful lady, she just seems to have a beautiful spirit to me, and it's captured in her design work

She got into the industry later in life.

While many designers begin their careers in their 20s or 30s, Hill decided to pursue her true passion when she was 47 years old. After ending a 20-year marriage and raising nine children, four of which are her own and five who are her ex-husband’s, she enrolled in Moore College of Art and Design, followed by Made Institute, studying pattern making and tailoring.

She eventually decided to go on Project Runway.

But she didn’t want to participate at first. “A friend of mine sent in my name and the producers reached out to me via email. I was reluctant at first. I watched the show and thought, ‘Do I want the pressure and stress?’ But I knew that I wanted my brand to gain a substantial amount of traction quickly... So I decided this is a no-brainer and decided to just go ahead and do it,” she revealed. And since she’s had that experience, she couldn’t be happier: “This is a platform for people to know who I am. For people to see me and know what I can do. It was truly an experience.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 191May 5, 2019 8:31 PM

I really liked Renee.

Would you call what she wears a turban or does it have another name? They're very pretty & I'd like to buy a fre for a relative that's facing chemo.

by Anonymousreply 192May 5, 2019 8:34 PM

I would call it a turban, R192. I think with a hijab you should have a scarf to go along with it. I'd say give her a call or send her an email.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 193May 5, 2019 8:41 PM

Head wrap? There are videos on YouTube on how to do it. I 'm pretty sure it's just a length of cloth.

by Anonymousreply 194May 5, 2019 9:43 PM

OH! Let us only mourn so much for Miss Renee! She slipped in here and did Brooklyn Fashion Week. She had a nice crowd too. But, did she have buyers?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 195May 5, 2019 10:16 PM

I have no idea how fashion really works but incorporating the CFDA seems cool. Could be a path into the industry beyond doing a DIY line?

by Anonymousreply 196May 5, 2019 10:21 PM

I'll miss Renee because I agree that her thing just isn't team challenges. I'd like to have seen what she came up with on her own.

by Anonymousreply 197May 6, 2019 2:17 AM

[quote] was Wendy Pepper the oldest contestant to ever make it through to the end?

No. Wendy was 39 during season one.

Emilio Sosa was the oldest contestant to make it to the finale, at 43 years old. In fact the top 3 of Season 7 were all a bit older at 40, 43, and the winner (Seth Aaron Henderson ) was 38 years old.

Vincent Libretti made it to 6th place in Season 3, and he was 49.

Bert Keeter appeared in Season 9, and he was 57 years old. He made it to 6th place.

Cindy Marlatt was the oldest contestant ever on the show in Season 11. She was 59 and she finished in 14th place.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 198May 6, 2019 10:57 AM

Poor Garo Sparo.

He's 45 years old, and the bell is tolling for him!

by Anonymousreply 199May 6, 2019 10:58 AM

Thanks, R198 & R199!

by Anonymousreply 200May 6, 2019 11:06 AM

For R192

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 201May 6, 2019 11:19 AM

I also asked what that fabulous turban thing is called and I'm glad I finally got the answer, three threads later.

by Anonymousreply 202May 6, 2019 12:31 PM

R201

Thank you so much!!

by Anonymousreply 203May 6, 2019 2:14 PM

Wasn't Patricia in her late 40s?

by Anonymousreply 204May 6, 2019 2:16 PM

Yes r204. Patricia was 46 and was the runner up that season.

by Anonymousreply 205May 6, 2019 2:22 PM

I like Garo's looks & he seems talented. I wonder if they're going to use the corset thing against him eventually ("same looks" and "objectifying women" or whatever). He's also the only one who made that "curvy" model look good.

by Anonymousreply 206May 6, 2019 6:22 PM

Not that it matters, but I did a deep dive on Christian Sirianos brand. He’s been inducted into the CFDA. He doesn’t just do dresses for people that can’t get stuff, he did Michelle obamas dress for the DNC and a million others (Gaga, Janet, Tswift, Metcalf and basically everyone tbh). Hes partnered with Payless, Macy’s, Nordstrom, Neiman Marcus, Kleinfelds, Victorias Secret, Disney, etc and has his own store in NYC. Also has makeup, shoes, purses, and fragrance. And bedding sold at Walmart. He also founded a company that was bought out by QVC.

Anyway, he’s doing fine and better than I thought honestly. In 2012 his brand profits were 5 million so I would guess they are much higher now.

by Anonymousreply 207May 7, 2019 9:40 PM

Yeah, Siriano is quite the success story.

by Anonymousreply 208May 7, 2019 9:45 PM

[quote] has his own store in NYC.

His store is only a few blocks away from where I live on the lower east side. I pass by it daily. Yep! He's quite successful and he probably took this gig in order to enhance his name recognition. He's known but he is not known. I place him on the level where I would have placed Michael Kors (in my opinion) when Michael first started with PR.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 209May 7, 2019 9:57 PM

I really liked Garo's gown. The color choice wasn't great but it was cool and very 70's

by Anonymousreply 210May 7, 2019 9:58 PM

Here's something fun and something that everyone can help with--if you would like to;

Apparently, the cartoon series in the link is in its 2nd year, and is trying to get a 2nd book into production. She, ( a Owens Elliott), is looking for pre-orders (she only needs 90 more sales) to get her project into production. Besides the cartoon being entertaining, I believe it's empowering for men and women--especially young black girls, and it teaches a lot of about fashion, the movers and shakers of fashion, and desirable fashions, trends, and items. Okay....

But, what I thought was very intriguing (I've never really seen this before and used in this way) is what I'm guessing is her revenue model. As the author tells the story of her Winona character, and name drops the "who's" who of fashion, the story links to the topic designer's home page or the item being featured or discussed.

So for example:

"Winona had lunch with her friend (Anna Wintour) at the (Four Seasons) and Anna noted the (Kate Spade bag) she carried..." (think of the words in parenthesis as links)

The reader can, (at their option), click on the link and be taken to that person's site and/or product to learn more! I just think that this an ingenious "click-to-pay" model.

Anyway, I'm just learning about this cartoon serial through my friend Lisa McFadden of LISA MCFADDEN MILLINERY because her work is being featured in this week's serial.

It would be great if people could pre-order to help a reach her goal. But, it's even more important (in my opinion) that more people are learning about this series and can pass it on to others. Look through and tell me what you think. I'll make sure that the creators get the feedback.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 211May 7, 2019 10:15 PM

Inside Christian's store

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 212May 7, 2019 10:33 PM

Last one. Inside Christian's store

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 213May 7, 2019 10:35 PM

I’d eliminate the zebra rug

by Anonymousreply 214May 7, 2019 11:31 PM

Christian has a personality like a wet rag. Ugh!

by Anonymousreply 215May 8, 2019 5:29 AM

Thank you for the links to the store photos. Also if he has a makeup and fragrance line, that's where he's making his money. Since Payless has gone bust, I wonder if another shoe company has picked him up.

by Anonymousreply 216May 8, 2019 3:19 PM

Why does Marnie wear a dildo on her head, obnoxious anti-Christian earrings, and a bath rug as shoulder covers? She is too old for this crap. She isn’t attractive. She’s dumb as a rock.

Please explain.

by Anonymousreply 217May 8, 2019 4:25 PM

Before Project Runway: Ms. Elsa Klensch

Now, in my opinion, it was this woman and her 15 minute cable show that has had MAJOR impact upon the fashion industry. She's now 85 or 86 years of age. Wouldn't it be nice if some fashion television show would give her some type of recognition?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 218May 9, 2019 8:41 PM

Tessa...oh dear.

by Anonymousreply 219May 9, 2019 8:57 PM

Christian, a great designer, is a real bore on this show as is both the new judges, bring back Tim and Heidi

by Anonymousreply 220May 9, 2019 9:34 PM

I actually enjoy Christian. He has just enough wit and snark to fun.

by Anonymousreply 221May 9, 2019 9:41 PM

Christian isn't a bore. He's interestingly alien, like he always was. I'll bet he's glad that he's not a judge, because he IS a great designer and he wouldn't want to be involved in the bullshit they are made to speak. He's much better as a practical advisor, corrector and quirky little cheerleader. I love him. He should have a better show, I agree. But he has a real career - he's not a fake TV expert.

The dude who is the "designer" on the judging panel designed Gaga's 4 step strip tease Met Gala boring attempt at Camp design. I guess his name is currently trendy. I'm not old but I don't know him and don't like him.

by Anonymousreply 222May 9, 2019 9:42 PM

YAWN! Who the hell is Karli Klutz anyway? Bring back Heidi & Tim!!

by Anonymousreply 223May 9, 2019 9:45 PM

I thought I posted this but now I don't see it... sorry if it is a duplicate but I loved Christian's look at the Met gala. He was one of the few that really did some quality Camp.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 224May 9, 2019 9:52 PM

Was there a reason Karlie and Nina were off the show last week? Did they ever explain why?

by Anonymousreply 225May 9, 2019 9:52 PM

I didn't like Elaine Welteroth until she stood in for Karlie as host last week. I thought she was gracious and well-spoken. She did a great job. I would actually enjoy her as the full-time host.

by Anonymousreply 226May 9, 2019 9:54 PM

I thought Welteroth did an okay job, although she didn't have to do much. But I still hate the bitch. She lost me with the cultural appropriation comment which has nothing to do with fashion.

by Anonymousreply 227May 9, 2019 9:58 PM

R227: True. She did sound like a kindergarten teacher when she admonished with:

"Cultural appreciation, not appropriation."

Or some other bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 228May 9, 2019 10:02 PM

Many DLers are guilty of cultural appropriation.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 229May 9, 2019 10:12 PM

And the very next week she wore a beret....

by Anonymousreply 230May 9, 2019 10:14 PM

R225

Karlie said Nina had a fever & she had to go to a wedding.

by Anonymousreply 231May 9, 2019 10:27 PM

Karlie looked like a big man at the MET gala. Nothing camp or fashion about her. I like her hosting stye ok - though she's a bit too good example of a millenial.

by Anonymousreply 232May 9, 2019 10:45 PM

Christian really scored at the Met Gala, he had at least four looks and they were all very good.

He doesn't really register to me as a mentor though. I wish they gave him more airtime.

by Anonymousreply 233May 9, 2019 10:55 PM

He has so little interaction with the designers and when he does he says nothing..a real bore

by Anonymousreply 234May 9, 2019 10:57 PM

He may be boring but Christian gives much more useful advice than Tim Gunn did. I liked Tim, quite a character. But he knew little about the design process or construction of clothes. He was an administrator with an eye for fabric and silhouette. The math teacher who encourages your writing. Flamboyant presentation of his own tight taste. It's ironic and late for PR to get someone of Christian's caliber as a mentor - when MOST of them can't design, pattern graft or even sew a finished garment.

by Anonymousreply 235May 10, 2019 12:52 AM

If there are not fat male models tonight and Elaine doesn't speak up, then she is guilty of sexism. In her need for female empowerment, the"male privilege" of traditionally shaped models would be inconsistent with her principles.

by Anonymousreply 236May 10, 2019 12:59 AM

Create a larger than life early Elton John performance piece - all presented by the star and designer of .... Rocketman!

READ: Clearly we couldn’t get the real thing so we’re hyping the third rate movie about him.

It’s Beatlemania and Abbaesque all over.

by Anonymousreply 237May 10, 2019 1:09 AM

Especially, r236, since the legend they are designing for was/is quite “curvy” himself.

by Anonymousreply 238May 10, 2019 1:11 AM

No fat males, of course.

The model who got asked about wearing chaps is hot!

by Anonymousreply 239May 10, 2019 1:21 AM

For a program that's so "woke," they certainly have exploited the male model angle. I'm sure no one on the show, or in the SJW sphere would stand for all of the body comments if the models had been women. No comments about asses, etc. No cameras lingering on the bodies.So, the double standard exists, despite the attempt to be PC.

by Anonymousreply 240May 10, 2019 2:07 AM

This has been the best, most fun runway of the season.

by Anonymousreply 241May 10, 2019 2:12 AM

The phrase ‘jumped the shark’ springs to mind.

by Anonymousreply 242May 10, 2019 2:25 AM

The double standard exists with genders just like it exists with races. Mocking, objectifying, discriminating against, or “sexually harassing” the dominating or oppressing party tends to be more acceptable. It’s not necessarily right, but it just is.

by Anonymousreply 243May 10, 2019 2:29 AM

They're kidding me with this decision.

by Anonymousreply 244May 10, 2019 2:30 AM

I really hate Karlie's little prayer/bow namaste 'bye bitch' routine.

by Anonymousreply 245May 10, 2019 2:31 AM

I totally missed Sebastian (with Cavanagh!) and his design. Damn.

by Anonymousreply 246May 10, 2019 2:31 AM

Of course they save the black guy’s ass again. There is a bit of a mission going on. I don’t necessarily condemn it , but notice that it was Elaine who, when it got down to the wire and they couldn’t decide whom to eliminate, made the observation that even though Vennie what’s been inconsistent, Lela has been forgettable (not completely true - she’d been on the top - but mostly true nonetheless).

by Anonymousreply 247May 10, 2019 2:33 AM

Garo deserved the win. Is it his first?

by Anonymousreply 248May 10, 2019 2:34 AM

Garo definitely. First win.

by Anonymousreply 249May 10, 2019 2:36 AM

I noticed too many designers went with more contemporary low waistlines and drooping crotches, when you NEVER saw low waists anytime before the nineties.

The two top designs paid mind to that, besides being flawlessly wonderful, and featured high waists and crotch-hugging inseams, a trademark of the seventies and eighties.

by Anonymousreply 250May 10, 2019 2:40 AM

Yeah I don't get why that has to be said r243. It's like asking why there isn't a white history month.

One is a marginalized group and one is not a marginalized group, its how it always works.

by Anonymousreply 251May 10, 2019 2:41 AM

It's not how it always works. It's how some want it to work.

by Anonymousreply 252May 10, 2019 2:43 AM

This was nothing more than pimp wear redux....

I will give Bishme the T-Shirt design. That's a REAL winner and will sell and that should go into production asap.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 253May 10, 2019 2:45 AM

[quote]Of course they save the black guy’s ass again. There is a bit of a mission going on. I don’t necessarily condemn it

Well, I do. I would really like to know what this mission is, if there is one. That submission by Venny was AWFUL! They get rid of Lela over that thing that Venny created? C'mon, now....

by Anonymousreply 254May 10, 2019 2:51 AM

They'd rather see more designs from Venny than Lela, who the judges basically admitted they forget about.

Not saying it is fair, but they have used the same reasoning before in Project Runway.

by Anonymousreply 255May 10, 2019 2:54 AM

I know Hester's model! What a surprise!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 256May 10, 2019 3:51 AM

UGH! Just a mess! Those pants alone, with a tail, should have eliminated him.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 257May 10, 2019 3:53 AM

Garo should get an award for not having spit in Sonia's face.

by Anonymousreply 258May 10, 2019 4:11 AM

Garo's outfit was the best, hands down. How was it even close to the hillbilly thing in r253 (I liked the t-shirt is cool but the whole outfit was odd). Garo's outfit was better than a few of the actual costumes for the movie which they had months to work on. It's really impressive he did that in 2 days with only 1 person to help him.

And as for that person -- why was Sonia being so bitchy? This wasn't one of the episodes where they bring someone back. What did she want "credit" for - her contribution was already filmed (though I guess she didn't know how they'd edit it... still... it affects nothing if these judges know your contribution.)

I didn't think Tessa's was so bad (and I don't really like her)... but they really hated it. Why was Brandon saying "Nina if you wore this to lunch, I'd be like - take that off..." uh, who is wearing that to lunch in 2019? I think it actually did look like a show piece & wasn't that bland. It was clearly 70s & the same color palette as those infamous dishes (see below). Tessa thirst for straight dick was annoying. I cannot imagine if there were straight male designers acting like that around female models and how they smell so good (repeatedly - did you smell him? he wafted in my direction...I think he smelled the best... yes.. mm...).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 259May 10, 2019 5:52 AM

I meant to say Tessa's outfit made me instantly think of those plates. The stripes & the colors.

by Anonymousreply 260May 10, 2019 5:53 AM

I’m surprised the movie didn’t just use Elton’s actual outfits. Why create new designs he never wore?

by Anonymousreply 261May 10, 2019 6:38 AM

When is the design a new Burger King outfit and btw, here's a BK no-meat burger? Tie ins! Tie ins!

by Anonymousreply 262May 10, 2019 10:21 AM

worse than I could have imagined.

such an untalented bunch of amateurs.

who is the male queen judge??? brandon threads?

by Anonymousreply 263May 10, 2019 10:55 AM

This version of the show is a step down from the Lifetime rendition. They seem to have taken the most absurd aspects of Lifetime and expanded on them. Stupid challenges that have little to nothing to do with fashion, and pushing a woke (I hate that term) agenda that promotes a lowest common denominator approach that reduces fashion from art to arts and crafts. This latest challenge was like an exercise in tacky...ugh...

by Anonymousreply 264May 10, 2019 12:53 PM

Who cares if there is any fashion on this show as long as there is diversity amongst the designers? And, BTW, a woman has to win, or our entire reason for casting will be shot.

by Anonymousreply 265May 10, 2019 1:04 PM

[qoute]fashion from art to arts and crafts.

Fashion isn't art. It's about producing items that are meant to sell.

by Anonymousreply 266May 10, 2019 1:08 PM

Making these type of performance pieces is part of the fashion industry r264. This was a far more interesting challenge than yet another make a pretty dress challenge.

by Anonymousreply 267May 10, 2019 1:24 PM

Ugh! Give me back Heidi, Tim, Nina! I'll even take Zac.

by Anonymousreply 268May 10, 2019 1:31 PM

The challenge was appropriate for this show since it publicized a movie and made sure a couple of people mentioned that Elton John transcended gender roles.

by Anonymousreply 269May 10, 2019 2:18 PM

For those who did not see the episode or those who wish to see it again!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 270May 10, 2019 2:24 PM

[quote]They'd rather see more designs from Venny than Lela, who the judges basically admitted they forget about.

It's unfortunate that we didn't see more from Cavanaugh.

by Anonymousreply 271May 10, 2019 2:38 PM

My, Sonia did NOT come off well this week.

by Anonymousreply 272May 10, 2019 3:21 PM

I don’t think any of them could name an Elton John song.

by Anonymousreply 273May 10, 2019 4:08 PM

Does Garo also make his own teeth?

by Anonymousreply 274May 10, 2019 4:10 PM

Garo did fantastic this week.

I don’t understand why the old lady was going on and on about “her contributions “ who cares?? She wasn’t going to get credit no matter what. Plus she’s leaving again.

They kept showing Sebastian having problems and it made me think he was gonna be going home 😳

Glad that wasn’t the case.

I feel bad that Lela got sent home. She was good. Should we have known who her dad is? Those rockers looked sort of familiar.

by Anonymousreply 275May 10, 2019 4:55 PM

I wonder if the show provides good room service? From the time Cavanaugh was cut to her reappearance is a LONG holding period. Nadine, seemed to have a much better attitude and was much more relaxed. Room service?

Interesting linked article. Scroll down after the article and they even have a story about Sebastian.... already.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 276May 10, 2019 5:10 PM

omg Once again Jamall gets top three for a crap design. It was "design a stage garment for Elton John circa 70s-80s". NOT "design an avant garde sleeping bag that Moncler does so much better".

Garo did an amazing job, but this is his specialty. Lela was only a middle of the pack designer so not surprised she was sent home. But Jamall is waaaaay overdue.

by Anonymousreply 277May 10, 2019 8:46 PM

That was a much better episode. I loved both of the top two. Garo's up close was awesome. So much detail. Really strong. Sonia is totally insane. You're an eliminated helper. No one cares about you!

by Anonymousreply 278May 10, 2019 11:28 PM

Why do old lesbians create so much drama? Sit down, Sonia. Nobody cares.

I was surprised Tessa was in the bottom. Her look was one of my favorites.

My favorite was Bishme. Sheer perfection, capped by the most divine denim-clad ass.

by Anonymousreply 279May 11, 2019 12:07 AM

[quote]My favorite was Bishme. Sheer perfection, capped by the most divine denim-clad ass.

Uh-Huh. Very revealing....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 280May 11, 2019 12:11 AM

Was it cold wherever they filmed Taron? Because all I saw while he was talking was nipples.

by Anonymousreply 281May 11, 2019 12:15 AM

Yes Bishmes was great r279, I don't begrudge Garo his win but Bishme would have been my pick.

It was a very strong top two, for a change.

by Anonymousreply 282May 11, 2019 12:27 AM

I could have seen Bishme's winning. Not sure I needed the visual of Brandon Maxwell slipping into though.

by Anonymousreply 283May 11, 2019 1:11 AM

Garo's was fabulous! But this was his contest to lose. He's really kind of one note. RuPaul creations with a corset. How far is a corset gonna get you? I didn't get Bishme's thing at all. But what do I know?

Next week looks like ground zero for shit show. "Design an out fit that displays your beliefs."

SJW on steroids, so buckle up bitches.

by Anonymousreply 284May 11, 2019 1:15 AM

[quote]How far is a corset gonna get you?

That's his design signature like the jacket is for Chanel.

by Anonymousreply 285May 11, 2019 1:18 AM

It appears to me that Sonia is far behind the other designers, given her skill level. Many of the other designers were already in business (if they were making money is another issue) and had some type of client base. It looks as if she is just catching up.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 286May 11, 2019 1:27 AM

Garo shouldn't lean too heavy of this corset business. He changed the shape a little bit this week. There was a lot of work in that getup. It was smart giving them assistants. The quality went up and they seemed into what they were making.

by Anonymousreply 287May 11, 2019 1:28 AM

I love Garo and Sebastian. They're my reason for feeling invested in this season after not giving a shit in years. Yeah, Garo mostly designs show costumes, but that doesn't make him less of a designer than Tessa who does boring minimal ladies' wear (slim ladies only of course!). Chris March did camp and costumes and he was a great contestant. I have a lot more fun seeing the shit they come up with than the 1000th riff on a cocktail dress.

I could not ever see Elton John wearing Jamall's S&M ponyboy look...but at least he actually did something creative for the first time in this competition. I feel like Venny has gotten way too many passes, but Lela clearly got the loser edit since this was the most airtime they've ever given her. I knew she was toast.

by Anonymousreply 288May 11, 2019 2:28 AM

[quote] I will give Bishme the T-Shirt design. That's a REAL winner and will sell and that should go into production asap.

Are you talking about the sleeves? Nothing new there, although obviously I'm not saying every design should be groundbreaking. I think body builders wear those kinds of tees, or at least used to in the 80s. He bought the fabric with the print of the woman already on it. I was expecting that to come up on the runway but if it did they didn't show it. He bedazzled the picture a bit but not much. However his look was almost perfect and in my eyes was better than Garo's which was a straight-up Kiss style stage piece straight from the 70s. Obviously that was what the challenge was all about but Bishme's look managed to look contemporary and it's pretty much wearable on the street as well, unlike Garo's.

[quote]It appears to me that Sonia is far behind the other designers, given her skill level. Many of the other designers were already in business (if they were making money is another issue) and had some type of client base. It looks as if she is just catching up.

Sonia was annoying in this episode but I don't quite get what you mean. Judging by your link she's been in the fashion business since graduating from Parson's in 1985. Not all designers end up becoming huge names. I like Garo but every week I keep thinking he can be quite a handful. He seems reserved in a way and could very well be quite passive aggressive.

Jamall jokingly stumbling around in those high rainbow colored platformers saying "I need my scissors" was so funny I laughed out loud. Compared to others his look was a step into much darker place but there's no denying he's got talent that might grow into something big one day. He's only in his early 20s but looks like he's 35 which makes it all a bit strange because he's being treated like a fledgling designer he is.

I liked Tessa's look. Not perfect but very stylish and contemporary to a point. I liked Sebastian's as well. Others were very costume-y and quite sad. BTW, I've been trying to give Elaine a chance but it was very cunty of her saying to Lela she was trying to cover an imperfection when Lela was talking about the glue on the ironing board incident. And then she had the nerve to smile like a fucking narcissistic power-tripping lunatic. She seems to be a person who loves to put others down. I don't mind when she's doing that with assholes like Trump but she seems to be doing it to everyone else as well. I'm starting to think she definitely should not return next year. And ditch Kloss and Maxwell as well. Maxwell was a fucking stylist up until 2015 but he's being treated in the show like he's the new Tom Ford. He's not. His ridiculously boring and ordinary Gaga at Met Ball 2019 costume showed his true lack of talent.

And bring us more male model challenges. I was immediately reminded how boring it is to see the same faces of those female models in the next week's preview. Oh, those ones again, *sigh*.

by Anonymousreply 289May 11, 2019 2:53 AM

Sonia should have realized every move which was televised will impact a viewer’s decision to hire her for a custom outfit. It was not a good look. Did she understand her role?

...talk about raining on Garo’s parade.

by Anonymousreply 290May 11, 2019 5:20 AM

Sonia thought they were partners, when, in reality, she worked for him.

by Anonymousreply 291May 11, 2019 5:32 AM

R289 I don't really understand Garo's personality but I suspect you're right about his passive aggressiveness because the producers seem to be able to him make him say passive aggressive stuff when he is alone in interviews. Like last week when he said he was just making Hester think she was the leader of the team when it's really him.

Agree about Elaine I wanted to like her but she is just giving off weird red flags and I don't understand why she's so hellbent on protecting Bishme while throwing other people under the bus first with Renee and then with Lela.

by Anonymousreply 292May 11, 2019 5:46 AM

I already forgot what the judges had to say about this. I thought they liked it, didn't they? Who could perform on stage in that, though? And Elton John? I am not seeing it at all. It just looks incredibly weird.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 293May 11, 2019 6:21 AM

I was confused by that too, R293. It's a dramatic, memorable look but it'd be impossible to perform in. Also, the zippers on the chest don't line up.

by Anonymousreply 294May 11, 2019 1:16 PM

Jamal and Venny are not good designers and this last episode was more a bedazzle-fest than a serious design exercise. Jamal’s look was ridiculous and Venny’s and Lela’s were in such poor taste and construction that they made themselves look inept and foolish. After his revelatory conversation with Christian, Jamal seems to have taken to draping and pinning/tacking fabric rather than construct at all. Contrast this draping mess to Rami from Christian’s season who could really drape and construct. I don’t see the talent that a poster upthread referenced regarding Jamal...

by Anonymousreply 295May 11, 2019 1:22 PM

Those are the trashiest tattoos I have ever seen in my life. Portrait tats are the grossest of them all and he's covered in them.

Despite that, everyone on the judging panel apart from Nina and the costume designer seemed to have been completely dickmatised by him. I loved when the costume designer asked him to cover back up and Nina exclaimed "YES, PLEASE!" so she wouldn't have to look at those horrible tats on his chest under the sheer blouse anymore.

I bet he's as dumb as a box of rocks. Dumber, even. And also a fantastic fuck because of that.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 296May 11, 2019 2:44 PM

It's really dumb as an aspiring model to cover your body with that many tattoos. Getting these non-paying gigs like Runway is gonna be the highlight of his career.

by Anonymousreply 297May 11, 2019 2:47 PM

R296 I'm amazed that he gets work as a model with those tattoos.

by Anonymousreply 298May 11, 2019 2:48 PM

R296. yet not one of them would tell a female model to cover up. Several models over the years have walked the runway with their ass in plain sight. Yet, when it comes time for judging, they were never told to cover up. Talk about double standard.

by Anonymousreply 299May 11, 2019 2:51 PM

r299 I'm pretty sure the costume designer wanted him covered so he could assess the whole look again. It was one of the female judges who immediately asked him to take the jacket off because the cutie was obviously sweating and they felt bad for him.

And taking into account how those male models were basically treated as pieces of meat to fawn over when they were walking down the runway, or how Tessa said one of them smelled great, I wouldn't be bitching about a double standards just yet. That never happens with the female models.

by Anonymousreply 300May 11, 2019 3:02 PM

It doesn't happen because pussys stink.

by Anonymousreply 301May 11, 2019 3:05 PM

The masterpiece on his back.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 302May 11, 2019 3:42 PM

r298 I'm the one who posted the screenshots with the tattoos but I can easily see how he gets work. His face is [italic]super[/italic] handsome and I bet he radiates crazy sex appeal in person (both Elaine and Karlie got hot and bothered). They can always use him for designs that cover the whole body. Definitely not a swimwear model, though.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 303May 11, 2019 3:42 PM

I loved this challenge but cringed towards the start when it was obvious no one recognized Taron Egerton.

That costume designer seems like such a cool, no-nonsense kind of guy. I want to see more costume designers as guest judges now. I know Terry Dresbach has semi-retired recently, so maybe Michele Clapton, Jane Petrie, Sandy Powell, Ruth E. Carter, Gersha Phillips...? Anyone have any favourite costume designers they'd like to see on this show?

by Anonymousreply 304May 11, 2019 4:03 PM

Why should anyone recognize Taron Egerton? Never heard of him before this Runway ep.

by Anonymousreply 305May 11, 2019 4:56 PM

That model is hot. The ground has shifted a bit on model's tattoos I think. A bunch of high end designers seem to incorporate tats as edge or the idea of individuality. You could also do coverup makeup for jobs too, right?

by Anonymousreply 306May 11, 2019 5:02 PM

Lots of old posters here. Tats are not stopping that handsome dude from getting modelling jobs. But the one who looked the hottest to me was Garo's gorgeous tall dark and handsome rocket man.

I preferred Bishme's design AND the way it looked on his model. Garo's was just a little too on the nose. The guest judge was fantastic and sincere, a true creative and thoughtful man.

by Anonymousreply 307May 11, 2019 5:27 PM

R304

I'd love to see Bob Mackie as a guest judge. I can't believe it's never happened .

by Anonymousreply 308May 11, 2019 5:34 PM

[quote]Lots of old posters here.

Not really, we just have different tastes and preferences. You know, a bit like judges on the PR judging panel. The easiest explanation usually does the trick, dear, so no need to dart straight to ageism.

by Anonymousreply 309May 11, 2019 5:59 PM

r305 Not a movies person, are you? Nor a regular DLer, I'd imagine.

by Anonymousreply 310May 11, 2019 6:00 PM

If the model was getting jobs they wouldn't be on Runway. Runway gets the models that don't have other gigs, you don't get paid, but at least you get TV time.

by Anonymousreply 311May 11, 2019 6:01 PM

[quote] Christian isn't a bore. He's interestingly alien, like he always was.

Christian cracks me up. I laugh whenever he just flutters around the workroom and says, "fabulous!" lol "The male models are coming in. Fabulous!" He's a very cheerful and positive person, which I like.

To be honest, he only speaks up when he sees a problem with a design. Otherwise, everything is fabulous.

[quote] No fat males, of course.

Well, ELAINE?

This is probably the reason why all the designers did such a good job. Which tells me that they should go back to this format with female models. It's just fucking easier. There. I said it.

[quote] I'm sure no one on the show, or in the SJW sphere would stand for all of the body comments if the models had been women. No comments about asses, etc. No cameras lingering on the bodies.

If the panel was made up of all straight male judges watching female models walking down the runway, and the same comments were made, women all over the world would be having an absolute SHIT FIT.

This bullshit double standard has to stop. Otherwise, I will have no sympathy anymore when sexism happens to females. Either make it fair, or then don't cry when it happens to women.

[quote] I don’t think any of them could name an Elton John song.

Garo could. Probably Renee, Sonia and Nadine too. Jamall and Rakan were definitely clueless when Christian made his "I'm Still Standing" reference.

[quote] I don’t understand why the old lady was going on and on about “her contributions “ who cares??

I like Garo, but he should have been honest about Sonia's contributions. That's all she was asking. It's kind of shady that he didn't. It also speaks to his character. Jamall certainly gave Rakan credit for his help.

[quote] Design an out fit that displays your beliefs." SJW on steroids, so buckle up bitches.

Oh it's going to be a real shit show, that's for sure. Elaine will be in her glory, sitting atop all of her righteous indignation!!!

[quote] I've been trying to give Elaine a chance but it was very cunty of her saying to Lela she was trying to cover an imperfection when Lela was talking about the glue on the ironing board incident. And then she had the nerve to smile like a fucking narcissistic power-tripping lunatic.

In this last episode, she just stood there yapping, trying to sound smart. And I've noticed that she really isn't all that smart. She drops her typical "I think he's found himself as a designer" comment, but doesn't really contribute anything else in terms of actual design.

I've also noticed that she's being marginalized by the other judges, which tells me that they probably don't like her very much either.

by Anonymousreply 312May 11, 2019 6:27 PM

As a big boy who shops at DXL and who has to pay premium for nicer clothes, I can tell you that fashion designers are not designing for big people in any meaningful way. Our selections are limited, but that's the trade off for that cheeseburger and extra piece of cake. I can't be mad at designers for my own personal choices.

I like it that PR is trying to be inclusive, but they can have a plus size competition each season where each designer has a plus size model, and check off that inclusion box. Like Top Chef has Restaurant Wars, PR can have the big girl challenge each season. The designers who get the bigger models are always at a disadvantage and it's not fair. And quite frankly, the clothes don't look as good.

by Anonymousreply 313May 11, 2019 6:47 PM

[quote] The designers who get the bigger models are always at a disadvantage and it's not fair. And quite frankly, the clothes don't look as good.

Agree 100%.

by Anonymousreply 314May 11, 2019 7:27 PM

Tessa and Bishme had the hottest models.

Bishme's model really worked that outfit!

Tessa's model had the most beautiful face.

by Anonymousreply 315May 11, 2019 9:20 PM

Sorry, but Christian is a total BORE, as interesting as plywood

by Anonymousreply 316May 11, 2019 9:47 PM

R316 = Tim Gunn, drunk posting again.

Do you need another band aid, Tim? That first step is a DOOZIE.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 317May 11, 2019 10:09 PM

God, I miss Michelle Lesbiak with her bitchy attitude and sassy hair-do.

by Anonymousreply 318May 11, 2019 10:09 PM

Anyone else shocked by the total lack of drama coming from Cavanaugh? I swear she got just one confessional about how lucky Sebastian was that she worked for Elton or something. What happened, gurl?

And she really needs to lay off the acids; her cheeks were completely burnt.

by Anonymousreply 319May 11, 2019 10:34 PM

R319, she had the most beautiful pair of jeans on... I love sparkle!

by Anonymousreply 320May 11, 2019 10:59 PM

Are the helpers told not to give opinions? Cavanaugh and Kovid really seemed like they were holding back , but then again Sonia and a couple of others had quite a bit to say. I couldn't figure it out. I thought Cavanaugh was going to be a total bitch about everything & would've also not wanted to pick her & have to listen to all that for the whole challenge. But she seemed fine.

by Anonymousreply 321May 11, 2019 11:01 PM

I thought she was a bit of a bitch...

by Anonymousreply 322May 11, 2019 11:32 PM

I'd bet money that Venny is the next to go.

He just doesn't have what it takes to compete against the remaining designers.

As we near the finish line, I'm thinking that the final three could be Hester, Bishme, Sebastian, or Garo. They have been doing consistently well.

The rest? Not so much.

by Anonymousreply 323May 11, 2019 11:35 PM

Who's the lucky guy who is married to Sebastian?

by Anonymousreply 324May 11, 2019 11:54 PM

This is all I could find, R324.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 325May 11, 2019 11:59 PM

helpers are allowed to give opinions but trying to direct the project or trying to get public credit for part of the whole = not done. The judges should only talk to the helper if for some reason it seemed especially appropriate to give them a hattip. OR if there had been a major problem and somehow the helper had done everything.

by Anonymousreply 326May 12, 2019 12:06 AM

I really didn't understand Jamall's look. It looked like something for the Andre Leon Talley collection. Hideous.

by Anonymousreply 327May 12, 2019 1:01 PM

Regarding tattoos on models. did you guys already forget about "Zombie Boy" Rick Genest? He was in a Gaga video and modeled for Thierry Mugler...then he died.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 328May 12, 2019 2:59 PM

Here is another article about male models with tattoos. Tattoos are so mainstream these days. Of course not every client is going to go for a model that has them, but sometimes they might be exactly what the client is looking for.

Back in the day I remember Jenny Shimizu and Eve Salvail, who had the shaved head with the dragon tattoo.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 329May 12, 2019 3:03 PM

[quote]I'd love to see Bob Mackie as a guest judge. I can't believe it's never happened .

He was a guest judge in Season 6.

Fashion is a rough business. These contestants talk about dressing famous people, designing for performances and concerts, etc., but they’re still going on a reality show and struggling to keep businesses afloat. I’m in a boring, stable profession and glad for it; I couldn’t handle the unpredictability and sacrifice artists face.

by Anonymousreply 330May 12, 2019 3:18 PM

[quote]I'm thinking that the final three could be Hester, Bishme, Sebastian, or Garo. They have been doing consistently well.

Hester consistent? She had three wins, I’ll give you that. But in my opinion all three were undeserved and the person who deserved them was truly more consistent than her. She’s been told twice that she was lucky to have immunity because of the horrible poorly constructed designs she came up with in those instances. And she was a mess for the first two episodes. She is nothing if unpredictable and inconsistent, which shouldn’t be mistaken for quirky edge and talent.

by Anonymousreply 331May 13, 2019 11:31 AM

But, she's a female. Elaine wouldn't stand for an all-male finale. Nor would the female viewers.

by Anonymousreply 332May 13, 2019 12:13 PM

But will Elaine stand for a finale without any black people? Someone is going to get sacrificed, I'm afraid.

by Anonymousreply 333May 13, 2019 2:04 PM

r325 I will find that man, hunt him down and kill him so Sebastian can be all MINE!!!!

by Anonymousreply 334May 13, 2019 2:20 PM

There have been some pretty hot designers - i wonder if there was ever any fucking going on - either between designers or crew (like how Willam fucked a producer on Drag Race).

by Anonymousreply 335May 13, 2019 2:21 PM

Carol Hannah and Logan?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 336May 13, 2019 2:53 PM

R335, Season 5 - Daniel Feld and Wesley Nault met, fucked, and became a couple.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 337May 13, 2019 2:57 PM

What do we want? This model's OnlyFans content. When do we want it? NOW!

r337 I wouldn't mind travelling back in time to watch their OnlyFans vids as well. Had such a huge crush on both of them.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 338May 13, 2019 3:04 PM

Here is the final runway from Season Four.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 339May 13, 2019 10:41 PM

I'll pass on tonight's show, since the theme is designing an ensemble which reflects what social justice theme is most identifiable to you. Ugh.

by Anonymousreply 340May 16, 2019 10:26 PM

Please tell me r340 is joking.

by Anonymousreply 341May 16, 2019 10:28 PM

People can bitch all they want about Elaine and a more socially aware fashion construct, but the fact remains that the PR reboot is bad because the designers are SHITE. Even the extravances of last week took two people two days, lots of money and the creations were still (mostly) glued together. Yes Sebastian can make clothes fast and well and the bitchy one is a better designer who can't finish her hems. But they ALL failed given $400 and two days to make a "pretty" dress 2 weeks ago. Unheard of on any season of Project Runway.

by Anonymousreply 342May 16, 2019 10:35 PM

*extravagances

by Anonymousreply 343May 16, 2019 10:36 PM

My cable guide shows that the Elton John episode is running again tonight. I hope it's a mistake.

by Anonymousreply 344May 16, 2019 11:23 PM

R344 they show last week’s episode first and then they follow it at 9:00 pm / 8:00 pm central with this week’s new episode.

by Anonymousreply 345May 16, 2019 11:32 PM

R342, that happens when people are cast to fulfill an agenda, rather than fashion design talent.

by Anonymousreply 346May 17, 2019 1:53 AM

Unbelievable! I actually like all of the designs!

by Anonymousreply 347May 17, 2019 2:03 AM

The judges are playing identity politics:

Nina is rooting for the Colombian designer whose minor flaws were pointed out by the guest judge (I honestly didn’t see any) and Elaine is fiercely protective of Jamal’s political stance, which is unclear to everyone else.

One thing is true - both designs are gorgeous, painstakingly executed, and what Project Runway should be about.

So Bishme’s Miss Venezuela Purple Pageant dress will probably win.

by Anonymousreply 348May 17, 2019 2:25 AM

Called it.

by Anonymousreply 349May 17, 2019 2:26 AM

And we knew Venny would be out since two weeks ago.

by Anonymousreply 350May 17, 2019 2:27 AM

I liked the concept behind Venny's submission but it was poorly, poorly, executed. I really liked his T-Shirt though.

by Anonymousreply 351May 17, 2019 2:33 AM

I love this!

I Have A Name Men's T-Shirt By Vinny Etienne

$35.00 -- Originally $45.00

How do you already have a markdown on something that just premiered? Fashion.... one of the biggest scams going...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 352May 17, 2019 2:41 AM

This was really a beautiful dress by Sebastian. To me, this is A LOT of work to do in just 2 days.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 353May 17, 2019 3:02 AM

All the judges are assholes, with the possible exception of Nina... she’s too anal retentive to even have one.

by Anonymousreply 354May 17, 2019 3:23 AM

Who is Hester's odd little girlfriend?

by Anonymousreply 355May 17, 2019 3:31 AM

Why does Elaine hate Garo?

by Anonymousreply 356May 17, 2019 3:35 AM

Some good designs, but what a boring episode.

Sebastian should have won, again.

Hester... I still don't get what they see in her work.

At least the right person went home.

by Anonymousreply 357May 17, 2019 3:37 AM

It's the corsets R356. These objects of torture humiliate all women by their very existence.

by Anonymousreply 358May 17, 2019 3:38 AM

There is clearly something that we're missing about Sebastian. Maybe his clothes don't look as polished in person as they do on TV. Or maybe they waiting to focus on him as we get rid of more designers. He has gotten very little focus this season. I suspect that there is something else at work here.

by Anonymousreply 359May 17, 2019 4:29 AM

The episode felt like a parody of PC culture. Everyone has to have a cause because making beautiful clothes isn't enough. The guest judge was the worst. I wanted to reach through my screen and punch her in her smug face.

by Anonymousreply 360May 17, 2019 4:35 AM

I don’t understand why bringing politics and social justice to Teen Vogue is considered an accomplishment. It’s a fashion magazine.

by Anonymousreply 361May 17, 2019 4:43 AM

brandon Maxwell is who????

why was this furd made a judge, he is repulsive dimwit.

by Anonymousreply 362May 17, 2019 7:31 AM

Now you know why he loves the shit.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 363May 17, 2019 10:19 AM

Brandon Maxwell has more talent and credibility than any of the judges and designers put together. He also looks like a white Tyler Perry.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 364May 17, 2019 10:20 AM

R359, his clothes are tasteful. Look at the panel and you'll know why he is not popular.

by Anonymousreply 365May 17, 2019 10:21 AM

I'm going to say something nice about Elaine.

When she visited the workroom and got all those closeups I was struck by how beautiful she is. He skin is gorgeous. She also seemed without pretense. She was much more relatable & free of her stick up her butt when she was in the workroom.

by Anonymousreply 366May 17, 2019 11:49 AM

^What I noticed was how short she is when standing next to Karlie. But yes, Elaine is a very pretty woman.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 367May 17, 2019 11:55 AM

This was a beautiful dress submitted by Bishme. I didn't think he had it in him....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 368May 17, 2019 11:59 AM

It looked very eighties. Miss Venezuela to be more specific.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 369May 17, 2019 12:35 PM

how much did brandon pay gaga to get on her gravy train for that dress he 'made'...

by Anonymousreply 370May 17, 2019 1:59 PM

So basically, Tessa made it through to next week because she was molested?

That's the only reason I can think of for why she survived elimination, because I thought she was a goner for sure.

Her dress was HIDEOUS!!!

by Anonymousreply 371May 17, 2019 2:50 PM

[quote] The judges are playing identity politics: Nina is rooting for the Colombian designer whose minor flaws were pointed out by the guest judge (I honestly didn’t see any) and Elaine is fiercely protective of Jamal’s political stance, which is unclear to everyone else.

Absolutely, R348.

This stood out to me like a sore thumb. They were really going to bat for their favorites in this episode.

Funny thing is that the only impartial judges were Brandon and Karlie.

by Anonymousreply 372May 17, 2019 2:51 PM

[quote] I'm going to say something nice about Elaine. When she visited the workroom and got all those closeups I was struck by how beautiful she is. He skin is gorgeous.

Actually, I noticed the opposite. Her face had a bit of acne, which I noticed during the judges' critiques.

You can kind of see it here.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 373May 17, 2019 2:55 PM

[quote]Tessa--Her dress was HIDEOUS!!!

And, I can easily envision the dress being worn at some art gallery in SoHo or some modern art museum event. I get a slight feel of Matisse's "Female Nude In Blue". But, that's me...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 374May 17, 2019 3:07 PM

I feel bad for the designers stuck with the fatties.

by Anonymousreply 375May 17, 2019 3:42 PM

I loved Garo's cause. It was very cute. Save the bees!

Too bad he didn't execute his design well.

by Anonymousreply 376May 17, 2019 3:44 PM

Save the bees, because without bees, we’ll have no food!!!

When was the last time you saw a bee cooking you a steak or mixing you a glass of Kool-Aid?

by Anonymousreply 377May 17, 2019 5:42 PM

Tessa was hoping for a Mondo Moment with her big reveal.

by Anonymousreply 378May 17, 2019 6:13 PM

Ok, so I have to give props to Karlie for that great adlib, "So that your resting Bishme face?" Perfect.

by Anonymousreply 379May 17, 2019 7:11 PM

‘Project Runway’ designer Sebastian Grey has yet to land in the bottom 3: How long will he stay bulletproof?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 380May 17, 2019 7:26 PM

I like Sebastian's T-Shirt

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 381May 17, 2019 7:30 PM

I actually love Hester's shirt and slogan:

"It's OK 2 B Gay!"

Perfect for PRIDE.

by Anonymousreply 382May 17, 2019 10:02 PM

I noticed this last episode that Christian really seems to get on well with Tessa, oddly. He was also flirting quite a bit with Garo.

by Anonymousreply 383May 18, 2019 12:05 AM

Oh man. That exchange, guys. Guest judge: I don't like designers telling women how to look. Tess: I was molested. Elaine: So brave.

Elaine is very pretty. Why is a judge doing consults though? I guess it's her expertise. I don't really need Christian pointing Sebastian to the nude fabrics in Mood either.

Hester's looked terrible and trashy. Garo is frustrating. He can construct with the best but he's making trashy costumes.

by Anonymousreply 384May 18, 2019 12:22 AM

Some of the looks this week were really good but this kind of reminded me that there's limits to connecting cause messaging and fashion or commerce in the first place. The cause T-shirt in general needs to be put out of its misery. It's facile and more often than not no one cares where the money is going. If the designers were higher quality, they would have had them make a Real second look.

by Anonymousreply 385May 18, 2019 12:38 AM

I disagree, R385. I thought it was interesting and revealing to learn what the designers feel important about and what they have a passion for. I suppose one would have to have experienced oppression or have some empathy towards these people given some of their backgrounds. I thought that Sebastian's personal interaction with discrimination was moving. And, while I have been critical of Bishme's and Venny's tastes, I understand why they do what they do given where they come from. I also can empathize with their feelings, as they were growing up, that sense of what and where you live is your reality and that you will never escape it.

I have a friend who told me a story of when he was having breakfast--he's a white male from Australia, who was stunned when he overheard a white mother dining with her child and her mother say to the child; "Hurry up and eat all of your food before the illegals come and take your plate and take the food for themselves." Another friend of mine who is a bartender (white too) recounted to us how he overheard this white group laugh about going to an overcrowded emergency room and how they hated waiting. So! One of them just said; "Let's just use our white privilege and go ahead of everyone else." I guess it worked because according to my friend they were laughing because they did not have to wait. Stories like this can go on and on...

So, I thought it was nice to hear everyone's personal reason(s) of why they are so passionate about the causes that they are involved with and believe in. Even Garo's choice too.

by Anonymousreply 386May 18, 2019 1:15 AM

[quote] I suppose one would have to have experienced oppression or have some empathy towards these people given some of their backgrounds.

I liked hearing there points of view but in a few cases it was pretty vague language. A few of them could dig deeper and think about more specific directives.

I don't like hearing that's happened to someone. It's terrible that happened to Tessa, but it's also a TV show. We live in a culture where reality show contestants are encouraged to unveil deeply personal points of their past. Is it even appropriate or cleansing or healing for the person? I'm not sure. There's not even room or time to examine these things seriously. Elaine might well be thinking Tessa is brave. The snark crowd on twitter uses the response 'so brave' as a joke when people are inappropriately personal or focused on superficial levels of social justice.

by Anonymousreply 387May 18, 2019 1:31 AM

I don't see how Nina was the only one who saw that Sebastian's piece was obviously the winner.

Bishme's look was nice, but come on.

Also the judge telling Tessa they need to hear more of her story felt so damn produced.

by Anonymousreply 388May 18, 2019 1:39 AM

Tessa was just thinking "Damn, these guys are copping to some heavy shit. I better come up with something." The figure painted on her dress was smaller than the model, once again displaying Tessa's distaste for larger women.

by Anonymousreply 389May 18, 2019 1:41 AM

As you point out R387 it is a TV show. What we're not seeing are their thoughts as each designer constructs their piece. We can't see what is going through their minds as they sew each stitch.

[quote]Also the judge telling Tessa they need to hear more of her story felt so damn produced.

Probably because it was. The designer spoke with the producer. The producer spoke with the judges. The executive producer told the judges that someone had better drag that secret out of her.

by Anonymousreply 390May 18, 2019 1:42 AM

Well yes of course that is how it works r390, everyone realizes how reality TV goes.

I was just pointing out that it felt too produced, they aim to make those things feel more natural.

by Anonymousreply 391May 18, 2019 1:48 AM

Is Garo straight?

by Anonymousreply 392May 18, 2019 1:59 AM

Girl what r392?! C'mon now.

by Anonymousreply 393May 18, 2019 2:09 AM

Siriano himself did a much more beautiful take on Sebastian's dress on his own PR season, 11 years ago. Of course there was no DNA skin tone reason for it, though the palate was similar. I think Sebastian's dress was just too heavy looking with so many layers. It looked like it would stand up on it's own. Stiff. His T-Shirt was great though. They didn't design their own t-shirts obviously. The graphic designs were just too good.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 394May 18, 2019 8:07 AM

What’s so spectacularly bra ve about admitting you got molested? Maybe it’s because I was molested myself and for some reason I figured out a LONG time ago that talking about it is the healthy and socially productive alternative but I don’t see where all the tears and stroking needs to come from:”

by Anonymousreply 395May 18, 2019 8:39 AM

What was clever about Sebastian’s dress was the fact that all the strips were the same color, and the hues became deeper as you added more of them. The parallelism to the symbolism was pretty cool,

by Anonymousreply 396May 18, 2019 8:42 AM

Yeah, we know R396. It was clever symbolism that took way too many layers of fabric to achieve. The dress ended up having a folded looking form and no movement. It was thick as hell looking.

by Anonymousreply 397May 18, 2019 8:46 AM

They had to acknowledge Tessa's soul-baring in some way. If this was an episode of Oprah they could have actually discussed it.

by Anonymousreply 398May 18, 2019 10:48 AM

These shows now involve buttering people up to believe they're massive icons. How many gay Colombian boys are we supposed to think are tuning in to this show? It's a lovely thought: maybe there is a gay Colombian kid taking pride in seeing Sebastian specifically. It's almost strange though, you don't have to share Sebastian's exact origins to enjoy his "journey".

by Anonymousreply 399May 18, 2019 11:09 AM

It would have been more resonant if Sebastian references being Colombian or South American in his work.

by Anonymousreply 400May 18, 2019 12:02 PM

I was surprised to hear that Sebastian is in his early thirties. I thought the dude was about 50. The right design won on the right model. That's about all I can say. The designers this year can't execute a finished look with double the money and time they have been given in the past. Not one impresses. Bishme and Hester are the best designers though. Sebastian is likely to not make top 3. Does he even have a win?

by Anonymousreply 401May 18, 2019 6:25 PM

I guess we all have our opinions R401, but in my opinion Sebastian is light years ahead of the other contestants. The techniques that he has successfully executed are quite good. I think it's interesting that you view Bishme and Hester as the best designers. In my opinion, Hester is good but I'm not a fan of her quirky taste. But, that doesn't take away from her skills and abilities, Bishme? He's a hit or miss in my view.

by Anonymousreply 402May 18, 2019 10:23 PM

R402, well said.

by Anonymousreply 403May 18, 2019 11:00 PM

I see Bishme as potentially commercial, but not innovative. If I were a hooker, I’d want Garo’s number. Hester’s work is too annoyingly whimsical, and suffers for insufficient time to give it the level of finish it would require to show well. Tessa’s subtle designs would improve if she spent more time on finish, and less on on snark. Sebastian is creative, produces flattering, interestingly chic, wearable garments, so he’s clearly the next to go. Jamal is a singularly untalented poseur. His ultimate win is guaranteed.

by Anonymousreply 404May 18, 2019 11:13 PM

Hester should go work for Mackenzie-Childs and call it a day.

by Anonymousreply 405May 18, 2019 11:20 PM

MMPH! I don't see "commercial at all with Bishme--yet. In my opinion, Bishme needs to work under another designer for a few years. Only for just a few years. A design house/designer in the likes of the late Patrick Kelly and/or Willi Smith. He really hasn't had any type of "real" work experience;

Bishme Cromartie

Baltimore, Maryland

Bishme Cromartie is a self-taught designer from Baltimore, Maryland. At the ripe age of eight, he realized that he was interested in fashion and by nine was already learning how to sew. He loved the feeling that fashion gave him, from sketching to sewing. Bishme received no formal fashion training, only that of his Great-Aunt Faye Dean Lacy, who taught him his initial sewing basics. He credits growing up in a rough neighborhood for finding his love for fashion. He used it as an escape; sketching would bring him to a place that he couldn’t explain but felt right to him. Bishme’s first solo fashion show was in 2007 at 16 years old, and the clothes showcased his chic, edgy, and unexpected fashions. He has grown beyond his local fame in Maryland and has dressed such celebrities as Andra Day, Mel B, and Niecy Nash.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 406May 18, 2019 11:31 PM

[quote]Tessa’s subtle designs would improve if she spent more time on finish, and less on on snark.

Agreed. But, Tessa is a perfect fit for Talbots (or, what I remember of Talbots.) Her designs come across to me as perfect for the upper middle class woman.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 407May 18, 2019 11:38 PM

I loved Sebastians dress. It was beautiful.

The purple dress was very nice as well, especially because he tied the little face to his shirt.

Garo needs to step it up.

by Anonymousreply 408May 19, 2019 5:43 AM

[quote]Oh man. That exchange, guys. Guest judge: I don't like designers telling women how to look. Tess: I was molested. Elaine: So brave.

Don’t forget what came next, a shot of the guest judge looking annoyed. Sorry, lady. Molested beats sexism, everyone knows that.

Elaine was positively unctuous during her rounds in the workroom. She comes off as so fake to me, the kind of person who slithers up to you at a party, makes too much eye contact while smiling maniacally, and likes to touch. She gives me the heebies for real. I can’t stand her.

Poor Karlie is just dim. She doesn’t have Heidi’s wit or brains, and that is really saying something.

I felt bad for the designers in this challenge. Art is not necessarily about social justice, you know? But they put everyone on the spot and judged them as much on their politics as on their work. And it culminated in someone talking about being molested. She was standing right next to the #wearebees guy. Sexual abuse and bee genocide. They skipped over that lightly and went right back to judging zippers and hemlines. This show has turned preachy and joyless and it’s not just a drag, it’s starting to get disgusting.

by Anonymousreply 409May 19, 2019 5:49 AM

[quote]Funny thing is that the only impartial judges were Brandon and Karlie.

Get out of here with that! He was clearly voting for the gay, Hester!

by Anonymousreply 410May 19, 2019 6:58 AM

[quote]What’s so spectacularly bra ve about admitting you got molested? Maybe it’s because I was molested myself and for some reason I figured out a LONG time ago that talking about it is the healthy and socially productive alternative but I don’t see where all the tears and stroking needs to come from:”

Tessa just found out three years ago that she was molested and not everyone is ready to sing like a canary. Since some trauma effects people differently and some people heal longer. Plus, she said she kept this secret much to herself, with just a few knowing.

by Anonymousreply 411May 19, 2019 7:15 AM

[quote]Tessa just found out three years ago that she was molested

Am I missing something here?

by Anonymousreply 412May 19, 2019 8:12 AM

She said she had a memory.

by Anonymousreply 413May 19, 2019 8:20 AM

A misty, watercolor memory?...

by Anonymousreply 414May 19, 2019 2:19 PM

" Let's see.....in kindergarten a boy tried to hold my hand. I'll use that . I was molested! They'll buy that,since they're so stupid and woke."

by Anonymousreply 415May 19, 2019 2:29 PM

I hated the theme, but I don't doubt Tessa's history or her emotion. Hers was the most literal interpretation, but it was very well realized. She, Bishme and Hester are the finalists, with Sebastian winning the dressmaker award. Don't confuse what he does with great fashion. The judges won't.

by Anonymousreply 416May 19, 2019 8:03 PM

[quote] I don't doubt Tessa's history or her emotion. Hers was the most literal interpretation, but it was very well realized

You have GOT to be fucking kidding me. That shit looked ridiculous. SJW bullshit and she got a pity vote from the judges.

And by the way, the motherfucking fashion runway is NOT the place to talk about being molested.

I'm so fucking sick of this victim culture on reality shows.

by Anonymousreply 417May 19, 2019 8:08 PM

I was molested.

by Anonymousreply 418May 19, 2019 8:12 PM

Blame Elaine for the challenge, R417, not Tessa. And let’s be frank, if Tessa weren’t white, they all would have praised her courage.

by Anonymousreply 419May 19, 2019 8:46 PM

[quote] if Tessa weren’t white, they all would have praised her courage

Um, but they DID, Blanche. They DID praise her for her courage. In other words.... "so brave."

Pfft. Give me a fucking break.

And her look SUCKED ASS. I could have drawn that shit on a black dress with a crayola crayon, and called it fashion. It really didn't take much.

by Anonymousreply 420May 19, 2019 8:49 PM

If you chopped of the top and bottom of Garo's dress, I thought the symmetrical stitching he did in the body was very cool. It's too bad he turned her into an actual Halloween bee. I guess he couldn't envision it before he put it together....and the week right after the Rocketman hit.

A "save the bees" dress might have been better done with floral patterns, as matronly as that sounds...I think it's a cool idea to bring to fashion, but yellow and black don't really work in anything other than gymwear...and even that is kidna ugly.

by Anonymousreply 421May 19, 2019 9:15 PM

CALM DOWN E420. You're such an asshole. Look at the pretty dress. I represents nothing, but it was well made.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 422May 19, 2019 9:33 PM

That's Sebastian's dress, R422. Not Tessa's.

Sebastian's was in the top 3.

by Anonymousreply 423May 19, 2019 9:41 PM

I was happy to see Tom and Lorenzo also agreed that Sebastian's look was the obvious choice for winner.

But then, who would want to disagree with Nina.

by Anonymousreply 424May 19, 2019 9:43 PM

I'd forgotten Siriano's ruffle-y dress, same colorway, lol.

I think Sebastian will be in the final three. I thought Hester would be too but it sounds like she's falling apart again. She's much trendier than Sebastian. TLo says her look is vintage club style, which I know nothing about but it's cheerful and fun. I really liked her winning gingham look early on, it's been one of the standout designs. Her team win, bathing suit, was not good. The producers are clearly favoring her. If she gets her confidence back, she'll be a finalist. I guess Bishme for the third? Maybe Tessa. As long as it's not Jamall.

by Anonymousreply 425May 20, 2019 1:53 AM

A woman had better win or the entire year's theme of female empowerment will all be for naught.

by Anonymousreply 426May 20, 2019 2:01 AM

I missed the episode, but the pic at r422 shows Sebastian’s design to be stunning. r416 must be on crack with his dressmaker award comment....as if these judges were about fashion...

by Anonymousreply 427May 20, 2019 2:22 AM

R416 is the one who posted the photo of Sebastian's dress at R422. It is a clumsy heavy affair, especially from the side. I'm also the one who posted Siriano's gorgeous, stunning and fluid dress from his Project Runway days at R394. Artistry, with a more beautifully realized pallette. In the end, Sebastian's DNA statement didn't even register as his layered dress just looked muted and muddy. In addition to its design flaws. Sebastian is a skilled dressmaker, not a modern designer. As his work proves each week. I'm not on crack. That's a drug from your generation dude. @ r427

by Anonymousreply 428May 20, 2019 4:09 AM

I don’t know R428. Sometimes a skilled dressmaker is a skilled designer when allowed to make his own collections. You keep bashing his most recent dress, but that’s a lapse in your judgment, not his. The gown was (and I usually dislike this word) sculptural and even poetic compared to the ham-handed approaches of most of the other designers. Siriano’s dress utilizing similar colors in a less sophisticated way looked like a belted shower puff. We’ll have to wait until the finale to see what Sebastian’s got.

by Anonymousreply 429May 20, 2019 4:33 AM

I remain dumbfounded that the judges keep praising anything Hester does. I think she is awful.

She makes Betsey Johnson look like Chanel.

by Anonymousreply 430May 20, 2019 12:28 PM

Christian Siriano Spring/Summer 2019 Collection.

Love it or hate it?

I quite hate it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 431May 20, 2019 12:32 PM

Christian’s collection looks cheap.

by Anonymousreply 432May 20, 2019 2:22 PM

^You can tell it’s for spring cause flowers.

by Anonymousreply 433May 20, 2019 3:18 PM

Christian has emerged as a better mentor than Tim. I like how he's in the workroom the whole time with the designers. He gives them better advice than Tim did. Karlie Kloss, on the other hand, is really terrible.

The judge got fired from Teen Vogue.

by Anonymousreply 434May 20, 2019 4:19 PM

[quote]The judge got fired from Teen Vogue.

Interesting. I noticed they stopped mentioning Teen Vogue after the first episode.

by Anonymousreply 435May 20, 2019 4:26 PM

[quote] I noticed they stopped mentioning Teen Vogue after the first episode.

Probably because it ceased publication back in 2017

by Anonymousreply 436May 20, 2019 4:45 PM

[quote]The judge got fired from Teen Vogue.

I don't know if it is fair to say that she was fired--although, I guess technically she was fired. Most magazines became extinct because of the internet. Conde Nast, which at its high had about 50 different publications, shut over half of them down to save costs. Teen Vogue was one of those shut down

by Anonymousreply 437May 20, 2019 4:52 PM

[quote] I noticed they stopped mentioning Teen Vogue after the first episode.

They mentioned Teen Vogue in the most recent episode. It is still published online, r436

by Anonymousreply 438May 20, 2019 4:54 PM

^ I meant when they introduce her as a judge. IIRC at first it was “Former Editor-in-Chief of Teen Vogue” and now it’s something like “fashion journalist.”

by Anonymousreply 439May 20, 2019 5:26 PM

I think that the show started positioning her that way because she has a book that will be published very soon. In fact, the release date is June 11th.

More Than Enough: Claiming Space for Who You Are (No Matter What They Say)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 440May 20, 2019 5:38 PM

[quote]You can tell it’s for spring cause flowers.

Florals for spring? Groundbreaking.

by Anonymousreply 441May 20, 2019 6:14 PM

[quote]She makes Betsey Johnson look like Chanel.

Classic. Just classic shade. This will undoubtedly go into the "Best Of DL" quotations book.

by Anonymousreply 442May 20, 2019 6:19 PM

[quote] ^ I meant when they introduce her as a judge. IIRC at first it was “Former Editor-in-Chief of Teen Vogue” and now it’s something like “fashion journalist.”

Ah; did not notice that.

by Anonymousreply 443May 20, 2019 6:47 PM

R431, " Side boobage is not attractive for any woman." - Michael Kors.

by Anonymousreply 444May 20, 2019 7:25 PM

Teen Vogue is still published online.

by Anonymousreply 445May 20, 2019 8:02 PM

Looks like Elaine will get on her self-righteous high horse again, next episode.

"You're not a designer, if you can't design for all sizes."

Fuck you, bitch. Let's see YOU design something. Then you can talk. Until then, shut the fuck up!

by Anonymousreply 446May 23, 2019 12:44 AM

How many judges or hosts were replaced after one season?

Brian Dunkleman - AI

Kelly Choi - Top Chef Masters

Ellen - AI

by Anonymousreply 447May 23, 2019 12:16 PM

Fuck you all. I'm the best!!

by Anonymousreply 448May 23, 2019 3:16 PM

Also, r4447, Billy Joel's ex-wife (can't remember her name), Top Chef.

by Anonymousreply 449May 23, 2019 3:41 PM

Just saying.... I went on Brandon Maxwell's page. Fun how the porky designer, who tells everyone beauty comes in all sizes, has nothing but 5"10 size 2 models in his show.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 450May 23, 2019 3:47 PM

^^^Brandon doth protest (and eat) too much, methinks.

by Anonymousreply 451May 23, 2019 3:52 PM

I'm available!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 452May 23, 2019 4:48 PM

God, the politics of the show this season. So whiney. "Equality! Gay as Fuck! Mommy, He Was Mean to Me!" Are none of these babies aware of how good we have it these days, how much progress has been made? Why I loved the Bee guy; he almost seemed to be mocking the whole bullshit "cause" theme (as I would have too).

by Anonymousreply 453May 23, 2019 5:11 PM

The bee guy is a fat tasteless old queer who puts every woman in a corset. He's an anachronism, not an advocate for sense. He's next to go.

by Anonymousreply 454May 23, 2019 6:46 PM

The bee guy, every fucking challenge is a corset challenge for him, I cant believe that he has an actually money making store.

by Anonymousreply 455May 23, 2019 6:51 PM

Fat Brandon Maxwell needs a personal stylist, he dresses like shit...... always.

by Anonymousreply 456May 23, 2019 6:52 PM

R449, Katie Lee, who is a regular on Beat Bobby Flay.

by Anonymousreply 457May 23, 2019 9:10 PM

No matter if he wins or loses, Garo will benefit from the show. He has already built a great reputation among drag queens; he designs for a lot of them. Now, there's probably more waiting in the wings. The costume designer of the Elton John film was very impressed with his work. It wouldn't surprise me if he spread the word about Garo's design in the film industry. He may hire Garo, himself.

I'm probably biased. I think Garo is the hottest man on TV right now. I look forward to watching the show just to see him.

by Anonymousreply 458May 23, 2019 11:52 PM

He has the worst caps.

by Anonymousreply 459May 24, 2019 12:44 AM

Mondo also dresses mostly (only) drag queens now. That's not exactly big success. Or real fashion.

by Anonymousreply 460May 24, 2019 12:46 AM

I have to say, I’m loving the new Project Runway. I guess I’m so exhausted by the daily Dump train. I love how these designers are all competing against each other, but still like and support each other. There’s enough crazy, real life drama in our daily lives, I don’t need it on my tv.

by Anonymousreply 461May 24, 2019 1:01 AM

I got the baseball question wrong. I'm such a maroon!

by Anonymousreply 462May 24, 2019 1:36 AM

I love all of the models but I REALLY loved the teacher! She has such a happy attitude.

by Anonymousreply 463May 24, 2019 1:52 AM

Please let this be the day that Jamal goes home.

by Anonymousreply 464May 24, 2019 1:52 AM

MMPH! Bishme came through again....

by Anonymousreply 465May 24, 2019 2:00 AM

The top 3 were the ones with experience making custom dresses. The teacher was good. I liked Bishme's. It looks really elegant. Garo's was good. That's awesome his model loved it but it was kind of similar idea to last week's dress.

Tessa sucks. Your model is an EMT fire fighter looking for a dream dress. She doesn't want pants. She said pink is her favorite color. Give her a pink dress damnit. Jamaal's was hilariously bad. I haven't made a body con dress but that's a piece of fabric with a zipper in the back. 11 hours on the second day. Even a strap would have helped.

And Elaine should be a one season judge. Sebastian's did not look like a poodle skirt. It was 50s-ish but not the shape of a poodle skirt really at all. The Sebastian detailing, the color, the material, the shape. Nothing about it is poodle skirt. I'm sorry my dear, you are out.

by Anonymousreply 466May 24, 2019 2:38 AM

I loved Sebastian’s. I think Elaine crapped on it because she wanted the black model to win.

by Anonymousreply 467May 24, 2019 2:45 AM

Tessa and Elaine have to go. Next week if possible.

by Anonymousreply 468May 24, 2019 2:45 AM

THE WINNER!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 469May 24, 2019 2:46 AM

It seemed Elaine had an Uber bitchy moment when she was the only one to say it was a poodle skirt. No one backed her up.

It was as if her mask slipped off for those few seconds. It was weird.

Sebastian ‘s dress was so, so beautiful . Did like Garo’s as well. Tessa is getting on my last nerve, bitch, they told you they wanted a pink dress. Not a Morticia Adams black monstrosity.

Jamal failed to understand that big boobies need extra support. Bye, bye.

by Anonymousreply 470May 24, 2019 2:48 AM

She'll blame it on the editing but Tessa was shown to lie again, and again, and again! Or, she hears what she wants to hear. To say (at the beginning of the show) that her color of choice for most of her designs was not black was delusional.

by Anonymousreply 471May 24, 2019 2:53 AM

It doesn't matter what you do for the big gals. It always ends up looking like a potato sack.

by Anonymousreply 472May 24, 2019 2:59 AM

The woman never said she wanted a dress with pops of pink...she wanted a pink dress. Not pants, not a car wash fringe jumpsuit. She did want she wanted, not what the client wanted, and she did it poorly.

by Anonymousreply 473May 24, 2019 3:00 AM

Maybe they gave Jamaal a big girl to push him to the edge

by Anonymousreply 474May 24, 2019 3:09 AM

Whoever gets the hefty model always seems to be on the bottom.

by Anonymousreply 475May 24, 2019 3:13 AM

Hefty requires support, boning, and a lot more work, but there’s a reason models have been thin—a clothes hanger is better than a clothes hangar

by Anonymousreply 476May 24, 2019 3:21 AM

Elaine said Sebastian's looked dated. It does look like a mid-century silhouette but the construction is not of those years. The way its rendered is quite chic.

by Anonymousreply 477May 24, 2019 3:22 AM

I totally did not get the Jamall hate. He definitely needs to grow as a designer but he is not an unlikeable person.

by Anonymousreply 478May 24, 2019 6:51 AM

Someone tweeted tonight should gave been a double elimination, and a couple of the judges agreed

Tessa is a talentless cunt.

by Anonymousreply 479May 24, 2019 7:10 AM

Tessa is a liar, a crybaby, and an arrogant bee-yotch. She definitely should have been Auf'ed for trying to obfuscate about her "client's" preference for PINK.

The judges were way wrong, and so was the producer if he thinks Tessa draws viewers.

by Anonymousreply 480May 24, 2019 7:20 AM

R476, What?

by Anonymousreply 481May 24, 2019 7:21 AM

Garo, seemed as if he really was "getting off' working with his model. I guess since he's into the dominatrix world and costuming them, the Rubenesque woman is a disireable specimen. He most certainly made her quite happy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 482May 24, 2019 10:33 AM

Truth is they were all bad, except once again Sebastian's was very well made. But a putrid color and a very silly design. Worked for his pageant girl disney princess teamster, but no one else. That was the challenge but the dress was ugly. Both Garo and Bishme's dresses looked bridal boutique. Not good. NONE of the top three garments would win a challenge on any other season of PR.

Hesters was ill fitting and a terrible design, Tessa should have been booted for not even attempting the challenge & making something so casual. Jamal has been a joke all along. He is not an artist. He drapes sleeping bags on women. His dress was a disgrace. It seems retarded to think that he is a fashion designer when he can't even put in a zipper. They babied him far too much.

Danielle Brooks looked beautiful. Made me miss Tastee and the three good seasons of OITNB. Love her, she was the right guest judge for this challenge. She wanted Garo to win and I would agree with her.

I get a little tired of whoever keeps saying the large models sabotage the designers. Garo had the second largest woman and she was the only one who looked good in her dress and personally transformed. That color was right, as was her styling. They just preferred Sebastian's drippy junior design better. Every single item that Kenley designed was better than his retro dress.

They're all mediocre to terrible - but I hope Bishme wins. He lowkey has the best ideas, he always executes and he's a cute, nice guy.

by Anonymousreply 483May 24, 2019 10:35 AM

I think what they like about Jamal is his passion for what he is doing. My sense of him is that he is taken somewhere to a place/marker in his own life when he designs. Each piece (whether you like it or not isn't the issue) is a representation of him. Now, I get Elaine's comment from the past episode when she said 'That's how Jamal approaches his work." Jamal is still trying to find himself. That was something that many of the judges have pointed out.

by Anonymousreply 484May 24, 2019 10:46 AM

[quote]Jamall Osterholm is a Rhode Island native whose designs focus on futurism. Always creating art, Jamall realized that working with fabric and thread as a medium allowed him to connect with his work on a deeper and more personal level. He draws inspiration for his designs from his personal experiences as a queer black man, and it has allowed him to create art that not only is meaningful to him but also inspires others. Since graduating from the Rhode Island School of Design, Jamall has focused on designing futuristic pieces that draw from the past. His designs reinterpret various time periods in which he places himself in a position of power.

If Jamal wants each piece to be a representation of himself but he can't design or construct or pattern draft or drape or articulate his idea plus he understands nothing about fabrics or notions or women's bodies - then write poetry or make pottery instead. Design sleeping bags but STOP calling it clothing. And stop encouraging it.

by Anonymousreply 485May 24, 2019 11:14 AM

Jamall seemed sweet and he came in with an interesting take and rationale for working with puffer. The judges really enthused about him at the end partly because they didn't want him to feel discouraged I suppose. His last dress was still bad. Maybe a body con dress is hard but it wasn't required. He didn't know what to do with his model's shape. A decent designer could have come up with a strap or straps in an hour.

by Anonymousreply 486May 24, 2019 11:46 AM

[quote]but I hope Bishme wins. He lowkey has the best ideas, he always executes and he's a cute, nice guy.

MMPH.... I don't think that it's all that hard or creative to design from a ghetto street view and/or the Pentecostal church view. That's all Bishme has done. He's exposed people to those views who normally don't see them. His execution has improved a lot! But, out of all of his submissions there have only been two that I have liked.

I think the winner will be Sebastian. As I posted earlier, he is LIGHT YEARS ahead of the rest of them. If nothing else, that boy can make a well constructed dress--and in record time. Either the show is fattening him up for the kill or he is going to be the Kara Saun of the season. His story is too good. A gay man who lived in a homophobic country, failed in two business ventures, suffered discrimination, a great talent, who is now cleaning toilets. BUT, he has what it takes to persevere.... If that doesn't read movie of the week...

by Anonymousreply 487May 24, 2019 11:58 AM

[quote]Either the show is fattening him up for the kill or he is going to be the Kara Saun of the season.

S/B; and the Kara Saun of the season.

by Anonymousreply 488May 24, 2019 12:00 PM

Bishme's dress this week wasn't street. It was flattering, his teacher was happy. It had construction and real style.

by Anonymousreply 489May 24, 2019 12:08 PM

^Yes! It was a nice dress. It's just one of the two that I like from him.. The teacher WAS VERY HAPPY!!! I just loved her too! But, Bishme's design is nothing more than a dress he would design for the Bishop's wife. But, someone up thread pinned it better by saying that the dress reminded them of bridal wear.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 490May 24, 2019 12:14 PM

I really can't stand Tessa.. She was completely dismissive of her client in every way.. The client wears a black pants set as a uniform every day and what does Tessa want to put her in? A black pantsuit. Forget the fact that the client wanted pink and the challenge was create a fancy DRESS..

Jamal is just out of his depth. His dress actually made the client look larger . The show did a side by side of her in her uniform & her in the dress and she looked a good 25lbs heavier. Curvy women need structure and his dress was a straight up disaster.

Tessa and Jamal both need to go.

Garo and Sebastion and Bishme are heads and shoulders ahead of the others.

by Anonymousreply 491May 24, 2019 12:16 PM

Kara Saun was a cheater and a bully

by Anonymousreply 492May 24, 2019 12:21 PM

[quote]She was completely dismissive of her client in every way..

Which I think really makes this challenge hard--although it didn't seem so during the program. Unlike professional models, whose job is to just stand there and wear what is put on them, these were everyday normal people. That type of client will just come out and say what they like and what they don't like. I get the feeling that Hester's police officer, Tessa's model, and Jamal's were not too enthused about what they were wearing. Garo's woman was sincerely and genuinely in heaven with her outfit.

by Anonymousreply 493May 24, 2019 12:23 PM

[quote]Kara Saun was a cheater and a bully

I don't remember her being a bully. She did cheat because she had someone make some shoes, if I remember correctly. But, my point in mentioning her was that she was getting all of the compliments, the publicity, and her designs were definitely leading everybody else's. Everyone just assumed that she would be the winner, and then.... KABOOM!

From what I have quickly read it seems as if she has floundered ever since Project Runway. Alas, she's not the only one from that season.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 494May 24, 2019 12:30 PM

Tessa should have been auf'd. The bottom line is her client hated the look, while Jamal's at least said she liked hers. Tessa imposed her love for black on someone who wanted color.,

by Anonymousreply 495May 24, 2019 12:58 PM

She and Jay bullied Wendy mercilessly at the end, r494.

by Anonymousreply 496May 24, 2019 12:59 PM

Tessa showed herself to be a liar in addition to her other despicable qualities.

by Anonymousreply 497May 24, 2019 1:01 PM

Tessa's client looked better in her uniform and so did Jamal's. I hope Cristian gave each of those poor women something from his collection.

by Anonymousreply 498May 24, 2019 1:02 PM

Could have been a double elimination. Jamall's was still the worst one. As bad as you can make a dress like that.

by Anonymousreply 499May 24, 2019 1:21 PM

[quote] Jamall's was still the worst one. As bad as you can make a dress like that.

It was like he short-circuited.

by Anonymousreply 500May 24, 2019 1:38 PM

Tessa is so smug that even her defensive posture, when questioned about her shitty design, was arrogant.

by Anonymousreply 501May 24, 2019 2:15 PM

Tessa probably cried about being molested again and they edited it out.

by Anonymousreply 502May 24, 2019 2:17 PM

I wonder what set Sebastian off so much that he wants to quit the show.

by Anonymousreply 503May 24, 2019 2:18 PM

^ Probably stress, R503. The contestants are on tight deadlines, have a lack of sleep, and no outlet to relax and blow off steam. No phone. No television, etc. It gets to you. The contestant Nadine had a melt down too.

by Anonymousreply 504May 24, 2019 2:21 PM

[quote]She and Jay bullied Wendy mercilessly at the end, [R494].

But, wasn't Wendy Pepper the Omarosa of the show before there was an Omarosa?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 505May 24, 2019 2:59 PM

It's pretty simple to make a bigger gal look good. First of all, no strapless. Make a nice fitted top where she can wear her own bra. (You only have a day, not a week) Then a fluid, form accentuating shaped skirt. Nice fabric and you have a winner. Queen Latifa and Octavia Spenser come to mind. They always look great. Just make it younger, the models are young.

by Anonymousreply 506May 24, 2019 4:50 PM

[quote]It's pretty simple to make a bigger gal look good.

I agree. the first thing is to approach them and the project with a good attitude. Garo, demonstrated that he can make much heavier women look and feel really good about themselves. Unlike a Tessa or a Nandine who could not make their distaste for such type women known anymore plainly.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 507May 24, 2019 5:59 PM

Not to body shame, but Tessa is not slim hipped and weighing in at 105. She should know how to fit a fuller figure. Much more than a man just out of design school who used size two bust forms.

by Anonymousreply 508May 24, 2019 6:51 PM

^She has to learn how to accept facts first. Like... when her client tells her that she likes the color pink but she hears the client say she likes black & gray. I'm sure she views herself as a size 2

by Anonymousreply 509May 24, 2019 6:55 PM

I don't agree with this at all. There is a reason why when you go to fashion week, you see a bunch of size zeroes walking down the runway. No one appreciates diversity and inclusion more than I do, but the big girls are not fair to the designers who get them. It should be all or nothing. It's like if it were a making fire challenge. The two people with two sticks are going to have a harder time than those with zippos.

by Anonymousreply 510May 24, 2019 8:00 PM

It’s not good for Elaine that they edited in her getting slapped down over the poodle dress remark.

by Anonymousreply 511May 24, 2019 8:06 PM

R506

Not to mention Jamal's client said she wanted to hide her arms but he gave her a strapless dress. Stupid.

by Anonymousreply 512May 24, 2019 8:06 PM

If I were on that show I'd have a bunch of ideas in my head of what to do if I got one of the heavier models. No excuse for Tessa and her crappy designs.

by Anonymousreply 513May 24, 2019 11:04 PM

Not only should she be aufed for pushing her aesthetic on her client in violation of the challenge, but she lied to the judges, and they should send her packing for that...

by Anonymousreply 514May 25, 2019 12:34 AM

The judges are not supposed to be aware when contestants lie. Remember the bald crazy twins? They lied and cheated and copied and it took another contestant to call them out. It didn't end well for any of them.

I'm not defending Tessa. But Jamal made the worst dress in the history of any final 6 contestant in PR history. I don't know that for a fact, but it's a fact. Nothing "got away from him" because he doesn't know anything. Had nothing to do with his model's size either. Her hair and makeup were beautiful. The dress was a tube that was too BIG for her. Oh the draping around the neckline? Jamal makes accidents, and that sometimes can be art. But it wasn't design or construction. Or a dress.

by Anonymousreply 515May 25, 2019 12:44 AM

The poor girl looked like a tomato. And not heirloom.

by Anonymousreply 516May 25, 2019 1:50 AM

The "Dress"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 517May 25, 2019 1:54 AM

Tessa should have gone home. She and Jamall both made terrible dresses, but part of the challenge was also to please the client. Jamall's client tried to defend him, while Tessa's was clearly unhappy.

by Anonymousreply 518May 25, 2019 1:59 AM

Tessa wasn’t sent home because cunts create good TV drama.

by Anonymousreply 519May 25, 2019 2:01 AM

Tessa was a guest bartender on WWHL last night.

by Anonymousreply 520May 25, 2019 2:03 AM

So, there are only 5 contestants left?

Bishme

Garo

Hester

Sebastian

The Bitch... I mean... Tessa

by Anonymousreply 521May 25, 2019 2:05 AM

In a twist, Miss Vangie wins.

by Anonymousreply 522May 25, 2019 2:08 AM

I have to admit that I do like her personal style.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 523May 25, 2019 2:17 AM

Tessa is good tv in a love-to-hate-her way. Jamall seemed slow and dull witted, like a stoner with permanent brainfry, and definitely not ready for prime time. I was praying for him to go home since the beginning.

by Anonymousreply 524May 25, 2019 3:36 AM

Tom and Lorenzo on Elaine:

[quote]And we’ve gotta say, after last week’s “talk about your feelings” session and this week’s complaining that Sebastian simply made a pretty dress when that was exactly what the challenge asked him to do, we’ve gone kind of sour on Elaine Welteroth’s contributions. She’s much more focused on image and story than she is on matters of design and fashion. There’s a bit of a tendency to criticize her for being the “woke” judge, but we don’t it’s that so much as she’s the social media-influenced judge. Everything’s an Instagram story waiting to happen with her. We could feel Nina’s annoyance seeping through the screen last night.

by Anonymousreply 525May 25, 2019 3:56 AM

I am sure Sebastian will get a pep talk from someone (probably Christian) to convince him not to leave. No, we can't have the best designer quitting in a hissy fit right before the finalists are decided. They always love to tease fake (or at least exaggerated) drama in the previews.

by Anonymousreply 526May 25, 2019 4:03 AM

Tom and Lorenzo are crazy for the lisping Sebastian like that persistent poster here who keeps insisting he is head and shoulders above the rest? Elaine and Karlie and all the damn contestants should go!! Sebastian is kinda plump and handsome. I can see how an older gay with old fashioned taste would take to him. But he's not a winning designer.

Keep Christian and the workroom. FIRE the rest of the show. Christian saved Sebastian this week by literally telling him what fabric to buy, then later advising that he needed to modernize his goofy dress by adding the cross shoulder straps and wide belt stitching. I don't mean he saved him from elimination, but he more than mentored his victory. It's a weak field, still Sebastian is not the best.

by Anonymousreply 527May 25, 2019 4:08 AM

R527, you’re so wrong.

Sebastian is so far ahead of the rest of the designers it’s ridiculous.

by Anonymousreply 528May 25, 2019 4:49 AM

Funny. Even if I didn't post in a week - HOW are you always instantly available to refute me R528? Within minutes. Kind of sad for you. I don't find it creepy. I know what I know and you know what you f e e l. Y'all have an obsession with Sebastian. AND over one hundred posts on this thread. He's aiight. But nothing special. I don't care who wins but I don't imagine it will be a designer as old fashioned and mediocre as Sebastian. He's a good seamstress. This week's flashback to designs from HIS previous business were so cha cha cha. I suspect he will end up another drag queen designer. A lot of PR gay contestants who can sew well and fast get work that way now. He's cute if he went to the gym, but not heads above anyone there or here.

by Anonymousreply 529May 25, 2019 5:22 AM

R529, don’t flatter yourself. I haven’t posted on this thread for weeks. I refuted you because you’re wrong.

Why you’re so obsessed with Sebastian’s looks is sad. I think he’s the best designer in a very weak field of contestants. None of the others excels every week. He does.

If it makes you feel special to call him a seamstress who designs for drag queens, that’s on your bitch ass. Tell us who you think should win instead of hating on Sebastian in all your posts.

by Anonymousreply 530May 25, 2019 6:18 AM

Go back to your printed palace R530. I won't address a liar. I await your response whenever I post again.

Why would I be flattered by a 70 + year old white man's argument? Don't kid yourself. I see you dude.

by Anonymousreply 531May 25, 2019 6:38 AM

Sebastian is the best of this group, which is kind of like being the tallest dwarf.

by Anonymousreply 532May 25, 2019 9:39 AM

R532 Agreed. At this point I'm just watching out of habit and because I've become attached to the leftover contestants even though they are underwhelming.

by Anonymousreply 533May 25, 2019 10:14 AM

I knew they wouldn't get rid of Tessa for the simple reason that there would only be one woman left in the competition.

by Anonymousreply 534May 25, 2019 11:12 AM

Do they pick 3 or 4 to go to NY Fashion Week?

by Anonymousreply 535May 25, 2019 11:15 AM

There is no Fashion Week this time.

by Anonymousreply 536May 25, 2019 12:28 PM

Do they not have to make a collection?

by Anonymousreply 537May 25, 2019 1:44 PM

This week was a fashion black hole.

by Anonymousreply 538May 25, 2019 3:56 PM

[quote]Brandon Maxwell has more talent and credibility than any of the judges and designers put together. He also looks like a white Tyler Perry.

Spoken like a true Lady Gaga fan. And no, he doesn't have more talent and credibility than any of the judges and designers put together.

[quote]how much did brandon pay gaga to get on her gravy train for that dress he 'made'...

Maxwell apparently used to be Gaga's stylist before becoming a fashion designer in 2015. Yes, he's apparently been a designer for 4 whole years. At the Met Gala Gaga was pulling around a trolley filled with those ridiculous transparent Brandon Maxwell plastic 'handbags' he was promoting in PR.

[quote]Christian has emerged as a better mentor than Tim. I like how he's in the workroom the whole time with the designers. He gives them better advice than Tim did.

Where do you get the idea Christian is in the work room all the time? He's shown to be there probably as much as they did with Gunn. In any case Tim Gunn once said in an interview he spends hours in the work room with the designers but they only show a tiny bit of it in the show. I do like Christian, though, but it's hard to say if he's better or worse than Gunn. They both have their strengths.

[quote]The bee guy, every fucking challenge is a corset challenge for him, I cant believe that he has an actually money making store.

While watching the latest episode I was thinking the exact opposite: After the show he'll ALWAYS have work. He's technically good, gets along great with the clients and makes them look great.

[quote]Sebastian

I wouldn't really say he's the best designer in the lot but he's good enough. As a human being he's like a super likeable giant toddler. He seems to be effortlessly boyishly masculine which possibly comes from living in a homophobic culture where gay men have to blend in. Or not, who knows, but still, I like men who are like him and he's the sexiest guy of them all although Garo is not that far behind. There's something innocent about Sebastian which is very appealing. Garo seems more like a club kid who's seen it all and done it all ten times over. They should start a clothing brand together.

by Anonymousreply 539May 25, 2019 5:56 PM

I think some of you need to let the past of this show go. The truth is, PR was good for it's first 5 seasons. Lifetime beat it and abused it and just about killed it. Bravo is trying to resurrect the walking wounded.

They wanted Tim and Heidi. Tim and Heidi said no and it looks like they said no because of money. So they moved forward. Christian is not Tim, but Christian has a different skill set than Tim and as we've seen Christian has gotten better as the season has progressed. Karlie is not Heidi, but at the same time if you watched this show from the beginning, in those early seasons Heidi wasn't Heidi. My point is, a lot of this stuff takes time. Personalities develop and people get more comfortable as they get more shows under their belt. The only thing that Heidi and Tim brought to this show was a certain comfort level. Karlie and Christian will be fine and even better next season and the season after that.

While I'm not sure why it offends some of you so much, Bravo has decided to go all in on the diversity and inclusion thing. This is a "woke" PR. It is a "trend" in fashion now and it's what everyone talks about so they are smart to embrace it. I understand that Elaine isn't everyone's cup of tea, but some of the over the top reactions to her are just silliness. Let someone like Nina, with skill and experience, put Elaine in her place. But there is nothing wrong with having a judge on that panel who is there to simply say, the optics of this may get you in trouble.

I appreciate what Brandon brings to the table, because he's not that far removed from the designers. This business is all about being in the right place at the right time and having the right connections. Hell, 5 years ago, Brandon may have been a contestant on this show.

The early days of Bravo are gone. The nightmare that was Lifetime is best to be forgotten. Let Bravo do this rebooted version of the show. And remember that ultimately this is nothing more than a gameshow about people sewing. You may get one or two breakouts, but for the most part these people are just looking to boost their local/regional/online businesses.

by Anonymousreply 540May 25, 2019 6:26 PM

[quote]But there is nothing wrong with having a judge on that panel who is there to simply say, the optics of this may get you in trouble

Moron.

by Anonymousreply 541May 25, 2019 6:46 PM

If you’re not production/public relations, r540, send them your resume...

by Anonymousreply 542May 25, 2019 6:47 PM

I like your post and agree with most of it R540. Heidi's sarcasm, goofy laugh, flirting with contestants, liking things plastic because she's German, not to mention her legs made the show more fun and humane in a way that Elaine, Karlie and the badly dressed designer guy CAN'T. They are the ones who take it all too seriously. Someone needs to say "THIS IS SHIT, you can't sew, HOE. Thanks for playing." Also, it does make the show more enjoyable when a few contestants can make a decent dress. Not this season. BOOT.

by Anonymousreply 543May 25, 2019 10:13 PM

Notice the difference in thoughtfulness between r540's and r541's posts.

by Anonymousreply 544May 25, 2019 10:16 PM

What is hate-worthy about Tessa is her fat-faced delusional arrogance. She wouldn't take herself on as a client.

We know why you always wear black, Lady Jane.

by Anonymousreply 545May 25, 2019 10:21 PM

It was apparent last night several of the designers valued their personal style and vision over the desires of their customers. Who succeeds in the real world if you don't please your customers? They are living in their own bubbles. It's insane.

by Anonymousreply 546May 25, 2019 10:55 PM

I'm now liking this season better than the old one with Heidi and Tim. The old series had gotten so tired and predictable. I love Siriano as the mentor now. He's better than Tim was towards the end. He gives them great advice. Karlie is still the weakest link.

I'm amazed at how nice Siriano's showroom and office is. He's even more successful than I thought. He's still the ONLY success story of the show.

by Anonymousreply 547May 25, 2019 11:03 PM

R546, I'm always amazed when people take part in these reality contests fully well knowing certain challenges will be happening every season, like the unconventional materials challenge and designing a look for a client, and they come in saying they've never done anything like it. It's like going to Masterchef not knowing the basics of cooking. Why not rehearse at home? Then again I guess not all people are organized, or some enjoy the adventure of doing things pretty much blind. Still, it was surprising to hear Tessa, Hester and Jamall had never had clients. I mean seriously, they've never made clothes for anyone besides themselves and their collections? I find that a bit hard to believe, especially with Hester since she's not exactly in her 20s any more.

by Anonymousreply 548May 25, 2019 11:23 PM

I'm most amazed every time someone says they've never designed men's clothes before. In their entire life. How can you even call yourself a designer if you've never made anything for men? I'm sorry but it just pissess me off when a person like that is allowed into a design competition. I understand never trying your hand at kids' clothes, beachwear, sportswear, bridal gowns... but not ever making a simple pair of men's pants? Or a fucking shirt? Come on!

by Anonymousreply 549May 25, 2019 11:31 PM

[quote]There's something innocent about Sebastian which is very appealing.

Yeah, and he's generous to a fault. Like with Tessa, when she made him her little sewing slave. But I think he's smart enough to pull back when he realizes he's not appreciated. And you'll never hear him say a bad word about anyone, unlike Tessa who has something snarky to say about everyone. I hope she fucks up next week and gets kicked off.

As far as Brandon Maxwell goes, anyone who takes a look at the people he dresses has to agree he's done pretty well for himself in such a short time. In fact, with those kinds of clients, I'm surprised he took on Project Runway.

by Anonymousreply 550May 26, 2019 12:20 AM

"Notice the difference in thoughtfulness between [R540]'s and [R541]'s posts."

But, R540 IS a moron.

by Anonymousreply 551May 26, 2019 12:26 AM

ITT . . .

by Anonymousreply 552May 26, 2019 12:29 AM

r551 Their thoughtful post would suggest otherwise. Why can't you respond to the quoted assertion that bothered you so much using an actual argument instead of going straight to name calling?

by Anonymousreply 553May 26, 2019 12:33 AM

I was a bit pissed at Christian for reminding Tessa that it was a dress challenge. would have loved to have seen black pants going down the runway, when the client asked for a short pink dress.

by Anonymousreply 554May 26, 2019 12:38 AM

R548

Exactly. I'll never forget Gervais on Survivor. He went on there not knowing how to swim. Who would do that?

R554

Yeah, Christian helps them too much. He actually picked out Sebastian's fabric. That was straight up bullshit. Tim was a better mentor. He made them think through things.

by Anonymousreply 555May 26, 2019 12:59 AM

R554 R555 Agreed. I think Christian is responsible for helping the underperforming designers last so long in the competition. Better designers got eliminated just because Christian told the struggling designers exactly what they needed to do to make their outfits better.

by Anonymousreply 556May 26, 2019 9:18 AM

CunTessa is a big, fat liar and a fraud.

She stood up on that stage LYING to the judges, with footage that proved she was lying.

Not to mention that her dress itself was HORRID!

And yet Jamal got eliminated.

FUCKING BULLSHIT.

by Anonymousreply 557May 27, 2019 6:19 PM

R557: Agree. Feels like the producers kept her around because of her constant drama and her watch-worthy effect on the other contestants.

by Anonymousreply 558May 27, 2019 6:25 PM

It would be terrible for the show if, during this season of female empowerment, the women were eliminated before the finale. So, Hester and Tessa have an advantage already. One, if not both, will make the finale.

by Anonymousreply 559May 27, 2019 7:14 PM

Well that certainly seems fair, R559.

Haha, rigging the competition so that the females can stay in. These idiot producers just can't comprehend that keeping women in the competition (for the sake of keeping women in the competition) is the ANTITHESIS of female empowerment. It's more like "helping the damsels in distress."

Goddamned idiots.

by Anonymousreply 560May 27, 2019 7:23 PM

[quote]Yeah, Christian helps them too much. He actually picked out Sebastian's fabric. That was straight up bullshit. Tim was a better mentor. He made them think through things.

His job is to be a mentor and help them. Tim told designers what fabrics to use all the time. Christian gives great advice because he's actually a successful designer with a multi-million dollar company. The designers smart enough to listen to his advice do well.

Please don't confuse Christian's expert advice with a former instructor(Tim), who couldn't make it as a designer.

by Anonymousreply 561May 27, 2019 7:28 PM

[quote]Do they not have to make a collection?

It will just be the own little runway show like they did for the All Stars finale, Project Runway didn't participate in Fashion Week for this season.

by Anonymousreply 562May 27, 2019 7:32 PM

I hope they have it in a decent size space with room for a couple hundred people to watch and cheer. The All Star finales always seem a bit sad with just the judges.

Needless to say, I hope they get a couple months to create their final collection. I mean, why not? It's not like they have the FW deadline.

by Anonymousreply 563May 27, 2019 7:46 PM

R561

Christian is a fantastic designer. Tim is a better mentor.

Christian's expertise would be better used on the judging panel.

by Anonymousreply 564May 27, 2019 7:50 PM

[quote] It will just be the own little runway show like they did for the All Stars finale, Project Runway didn't participate in Fashion Week for this season.

How disappointing.

Part of the lure and the grandeur of competing for the show, was the promise of competing at Fashion Week.

Without that, it's just another reality competition.

Although there's still the $250,000 prize. Not bad for walking a few dresses down the runway.

by Anonymousreply 565May 27, 2019 7:52 PM

I thought the whole point of moving it back to Bravo was so that a gay could win without issue again. Lifetime was the female bias network, right? I see a sweet Sebastian victory ahead.

by Anonymousreply 566May 27, 2019 7:52 PM

[quote] Although there's still the $250,000 prize. Not bad for walking a few dresses down the runway.

They probably have to pay taxes for all the prices they win in the show.

by Anonymousreply 567May 27, 2019 8:08 PM

Of course they have to pay taxes.

by Anonymousreply 568May 27, 2019 8:10 PM

[quote] Haha, rigging the competition so that the females can stay in.

That is someone's speculation, not necessarily reality, r560. No need to lose your shit before we even know who's in the finale.

by Anonymousreply 569May 27, 2019 9:58 PM

Jamall had a few nice looks but he was more miss than hit. Tessa does have a clear design language so I've no problem with her staying over Jamall.

by Anonymousreply 570May 27, 2019 10:02 PM

[quote] That is someone's speculation, not necessarily reality, R560. No need to lose your shit before we even know who's in the finale.

Oh, please.

We've been watching this shit on Lifetime for almost 10 years now. We all know how this lame story is going to end. Wither either Fester or Cuntessa winning the 250K.

Especially with SJW's at the helm of this shit show.

by Anonymousreply 571May 27, 2019 10:13 PM

Yes, Jamall also had a major lack of confidence. You could easily tell he was barely out of design school and lacking in life experience. Tessa is a lot of things, but one thing she's not is wishy-washy.

by Anonymousreply 572May 27, 2019 10:15 PM

[quote] Jamall also had a major lack of confidence

And Cuntessa has unfounded OVER confidence. She's so fucking full of herself, with absolutely nothing to back it up.

[quote] Tessa is a lot of things, but one thing she's not is wishy-washy.

I'd rather have wishy-washy over a LIAR and SCAMMER, any day of the week.

by Anonymousreply 573May 27, 2019 10:17 PM

"Tessa does have a clear design language"

Her language is ," I don't care what the client wants. I will do things my way, so I don't have to stretch myself. You will get black or gray clothes, which is my design element, because I was abused."

by Anonymousreply 574May 27, 2019 10:18 PM

Liar I can see, but scammer?

by Anonymousreply 575May 27, 2019 10:19 PM

But, R571, both Hester and Tessa are ( bum, bum, bum)................ white ( AAAAAAAAH). What a dilemma for Elaine.

by Anonymousreply 576May 27, 2019 10:20 PM

[quote] both Hester and Tessa are ( bum, bum, bum)................ white ( AAAAAAAAH). What a dilemma for Elaine

But they're both female.

So at least one of her SJW boxes are checked off.

by Anonymousreply 577May 27, 2019 10:22 PM

[quote] We all know how this lame story is going to end. Wither either Fester or Cuntessa winning the 250K.

Doubtful.

by Anonymousreply 578May 27, 2019 11:05 PM

Men have won PR 7 times (including last season), women have won 9 times. I don't think it's been that unbalanced overall. And no way are they going to give the win to Tessa with that stank attitude. Sebastian at least has a good backstory going for him. I'm pretty sure the final 3 will be Sebastian, Bishme and Hester. Garo will probably be the sacrificial lamb, though I much prefer him to Hester. He's an older white guy who already had a decent career and his corsets are not exactly mainstream, forward-looking fashion.

by Anonymousreply 579May 27, 2019 11:27 PM

What a dumb discussion. More men than women won PR during the Lifetime era. Bishme or Hester will win the reboot and either will be correct. But it's a let down when they don't get the time to conceptualize and present a proper collection. (There has not been one great garment made this season. on the fly but Bishme and Garo's costume look for Elton John.)

Sebastian will show some well made clothes in his golden girl fabrics and cha cha style. DL will be outraged when he doesn't make he finale!

by Anonymousreply 580May 27, 2019 11:30 PM

Hester's designs remind me so much of the blonde chick with the glasses who won a couple seasons ago. What was her name?

by Anonymousreply 581May 28, 2019 12:20 AM

Erin. Something.

by Anonymousreply 582May 28, 2019 12:30 AM

Yeah, Erin Robertson.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 583May 28, 2019 12:33 AM

That shit is fashion?

by Anonymousreply 584May 28, 2019 1:52 AM

Who do we hate?

by Anonymousreply 585May 28, 2019 1:53 AM

I loathed those banana cartoon clothes.

by Anonymousreply 586May 28, 2019 2:17 AM

It didn’t take long for R531 to expose his true agenda. One word - “white” - said it all.

by Anonymousreply 587May 28, 2019 2:32 AM

I see Bishme as potentially commercial, but not innovative. If I were a hooker, I’d want Garo’s number. Hester’s work is too annoyingly whimsical, and suffers for insufficient time to give it the level of finish it would require to show well. Tessa’s subtle designs would improve if she spent more time on finish, and less on on snark. Sebastian is creative, produces flattering, interestingly chic, wearable garments, so he’s clearly the next to go. Jamal is a singularly untalented poseur. His ultimate win is guaranteed

by Anonymousreply 588May 28, 2019 4:42 AM

Jamal was already eliminated, NIMROD at R588.

by Anonymousreply 589May 28, 2019 4:44 AM

You bore us R589. Your posts are so long and your thoughts dull and repetitive. Do you have brain disease MATT? You do use CAPS everywhere you go! ALL OVER THIS SITE!!!

by Anonymousreply 590May 28, 2019 4:52 AM

Created a thread for Part 4.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 591May 28, 2019 4:54 AM

[quote] You bore us [R589]. Your posts are so long

Uh, the post you just responded to was one sentence long. And Jamal was eliminated, nimrod.

by Anonymousreply 592May 28, 2019 5:08 AM

I think that those of us who are expecting legitimate fashion should not be disappointed in that we are not the target demographic of this show any longer. Elegance has been replaced by quirky, as the producers are trying to win over younger viewers by presenting what they would think is fun to wear. And, by adding the social justice aspect, they are playing to the SJW women, who would never be caught in anything formal or "fashionable." So, to think that anyone is going to produce a Laura Bennett -type creation is a fantasy. It's a new world and a new show, made for a younger crowd who neither knows or cares about fashion. Don't expect a Sebastian win, because his clothes are too well made and not geared for the demographic.

by Anonymousreply 593May 28, 2019 5:24 AM

Ancient queen.^

by Anonymousreply 594May 28, 2019 5:39 AM

^ Elaine

by Anonymousreply 595May 28, 2019 5:58 AM

I see Bishme as potentially commercial, but not innovative. If I were a hooker, I’d want Garo’s number. Hester’s work is too annoyingly whimsical, and suffers for insufficient time to give it the level of finish it would require to show well. Tessa’s subtle designs would improve if she spent more time on finish, and less on on snark. Sebastian is creative, produces flattering, interestingly chic, wearable garments, so he’s clearly the next to go. Jamal is a singularly untalented poseur. His ultimate win is guaranteed.

by Anonymousreply 596May 28, 2019 6:01 AM

R 594

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 597May 28, 2019 6:03 AM

It didn’t take long for [R597] to expose his true agenda. One word - “white” - said it all.

by Anonymousreply 598May 28, 2019 6:14 AM

Blame Elaine for that, not Tessa. And let’s be Frank, if Sebastian weren’t white, they all would have praised his courage.

Jamall for the win.

by Anonymousreply 599May 28, 2019 6:20 AM

Inclusivity is where it's at. Jamal was already eliminated, NIMROD at R599.

I'm rooting for Tessa. She's white.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 600May 28, 2019 6:30 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!