Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

British Royal Family Gossip: Part 42

Continuing our discussion...no news about Baby Sussex-Soho (yet).

by Anonymousreply 603April 27, 2019 9:24 PM

Previous thread Part 41 is in the link.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1April 25, 2019 10:57 PM

Many thanks, OP!

by Anonymousreply 2April 25, 2019 11:32 PM

Regarding r585's comment on thread #41 how threads can be studied from anthropological perspective. I agree, somewhat. I peeked over there and noticed --

1 [bold]Mostly black twitter that all a twitter[/bold] about PW infidelity.

2 Most [bold]don't seem to know much about the BRF - one even refers to a Princess Kate Middleton.[/bold]

3. Some real funny, stuff. And I learned [bold]new phrase "glo down" - refers to how fast someone loses their looks.[/bold] (See below in refrence to Prince William.)

4 [bold]Many posts feature the same sentiments[/bold] such as:

*Meghan does something inconsequential > British press goes insane; William cheats on Kate > Nothing

*"I didn't waste time on (Kate/Will love story) for this to happen

*How can some who looks like William cheat on Kate (pic of William looking horrible w/pic Kate looking gorgeous)

* How can William cheat on (pic of Kate looking amazing) with this (pic of Rose looking stupid and chinless)

*How can William cheat on Kate after what his father did to his mother.

[bold]It appears the posters are following templates. [/bold]

My question [bold]Why Now - this has been news for few weeks? Why the Twitter onslaught today?[/bold]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3April 25, 2019 11:50 PM

Charles cheated on Diana with the Rottie who smoked and had dandruff. Yet, he respects the Rottie, he didn't respect Diana.

by Anonymousreply 4April 25, 2019 11:55 PM

Can there be any doubt this twitter campaign is orchestrated. JFC, it feels like 2016 all over again with the social media manipulations and the gullible swallowing framed indignations.

by Anonymousreply 5April 26, 2019 12:05 AM

[quote] My question Why Now - this has been news for few weeks? Why the Twitter onslaught today?

Because W&K both had high profile solo engagements today and she or her handlers wanted to take them down a bit. And then H shows up unannounced with with K both looking so great and happy! It was unannounced because M would have stalked him there if she had known about it.

by Anonymousreply 6April 26, 2019 12:08 AM

The tumblr frauen are all a flutter. Mr. Megan is not wearing his wedding band.

Discuss!

by Anonymousreply 7April 26, 2019 12:19 AM

William was decent looking when he still had hair.

Both Louis and George have inherited Kate's terrible eye bags.

by Anonymousreply 8April 26, 2019 12:22 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9April 26, 2019 12:26 AM

The only reason the “no wedding ring” thing is striking, is that surely Harry knows the shit that would stir. A wedding ring is not something most people casually take on and off. Is he trolling?

by Anonymousreply 10April 26, 2019 12:33 AM

The ring was there. It didn't show up well in some photos because of lighting and glare but it's obviously there in most.

by Anonymousreply 11April 26, 2019 12:35 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12April 26, 2019 12:41 AM

[quote] All this talk about Prince William just reminds me about how he’s had the worst glo down in history 🤧

Imma cosign on Sabrina's glo down comment.

by Anonymousreply 13April 26, 2019 12:43 AM

That is not a good photo to show whether or not he is wearing the ring. Got another one?

by Anonymousreply 14April 26, 2019 12:44 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15April 26, 2019 12:49 AM

Have your eyesight checked or you screen recalibrated, r14. The band is plain as day.

by Anonymousreply 16April 26, 2019 12:49 AM

R12 That's not what happened. Clearly Harry wasn't wearing the ring. He only wears it in public because he doesn't live with Smega. Today he was so happy to see Kate that he forgot to wear the ring. When Sara Latham and Smega's PR and Sunshine Sachs saw the photos on our Tumblr page they photoshopped the ring into some photos but we have the screenshots before the internet was scrubbed.

by Anonymousreply 17April 26, 2019 12:52 AM

Where are the receipts?!!

by Anonymousreply 18April 26, 2019 1:11 AM

There are hilarious spaztastic Megan Markle trolls all over other social media platforms who really believe she's not pregnant and is going to present the royals with a smuggled in surrogate. They were all delighted when she announced she was having a home birth.

by Anonymousreply 19April 26, 2019 1:14 AM

This hilarious blog is from one of the anti Megan Tumblr trolls.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20April 26, 2019 1:23 AM

Prince William's Scarf on Twitter. @prince_scarf

[quote] MEGBOTS ARE REPORTED AND BLOCKED, so don't bother. Move along.

by Anonymousreply 21April 26, 2019 1:29 AM

R3 Thank you for that twitter thread. So many chuckle worthy gems. Besides the aforementioned glo down, there are

[quote] Looked like his mum..then turned into his dad..😅😅😅

[quote] He had so much potential. With each strand, it all just went away🥴

[quote] Princess Diana took back her genes

[quote] He aged like an avocado tbh. Reached his optimum condition then boom, rotten.

That avocado one💀💀💀

by Anonymousreply 22April 26, 2019 1:29 AM

Speaking of problemmatic looks, Haz will be bald by the end of the year; his no lip beady eyes possum lookin' style will be in full bloom.

You could see the huge bald patch in back and the thinning all over as he almost fell over in the Easter lineup. Teehee

by Anonymousreply 23April 26, 2019 1:30 AM

Maybe Haz and Kat having a bit of fun while the spouses are away.

by Anonymousreply 24April 26, 2019 1:31 AM

Aww

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25April 26, 2019 1:36 AM

Well since I am Team Kate- seems like she is getting some Twitter support.

Maybe Haz, MeGain, AND Kate are behind the affair rumours. Just joking. Lol!

by Anonymousreply 26April 26, 2019 1:38 AM

R25 - Lord, look at the stars in young Pss. Elizabeth's eyes in that photo.

by Anonymousreply 27April 26, 2019 1:39 AM

R25 Cheaters never prosper, except in the BRF.

by Anonymousreply 28April 26, 2019 1:39 AM

Word of the day: Scarfed

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29April 26, 2019 1:41 AM

Oops. Looks like the NFL draft knocked the anti-William trolls off the Top 20 trending....

by Anonymousreply 30April 26, 2019 1:47 AM

Jesus, R20 is a find. True Postcards from the Edge territory. We need to check that blog regularly especially after the baby is born.

by Anonymousreply 31April 26, 2019 1:47 AM

So is Princess Kate the frauiest frau that ever fraued, or is she just the most famous?

by Anonymousreply 32April 26, 2019 2:02 AM

R32, huge frau. Markel is a hoe.

by Anonymousreply 33April 26, 2019 2:06 AM

What a nightmare

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34April 26, 2019 2:14 AM

r29. Ouch. W seems to be morphing into Edward.

by Anonymousreply 35April 26, 2019 2:15 AM

Happy Families

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36April 26, 2019 2:16 AM

R34. The press knew about the affair forever but choose (willing or unwilling) not to disclose it.

by Anonymousreply 37April 26, 2019 2:20 AM

Geez, one affair? Seriously, one? The hell is wrong with royalty these days?

by Anonymousreply 38April 26, 2019 2:21 AM

Kate has a gay (or bi) brother she loves so much she insisted he give a reading at her her wedding. My kind of frau. My sister demanded that I sing The Lord's Prayer at hers (demands a trained voice with a wide range, which I only half have) forcing me to embarrass myself. My sister is very passive aggressive and controlling, probably a narc. I'd much rather have a sister like Kate than my own personal Meghan.

by Anonymousreply 39April 26, 2019 2:22 AM

Yeah, I am sure that they spent Easter with Me-Gain and not family and their 3 kids. Totes plausible.

Thought William is known for planting stories to test people. Guess we all learned a lot, sadly, not surprising.

by Anonymousreply 40April 26, 2019 2:22 AM

I know he's a bald bitch and well past it, but still, he's the future King of England. Come on, hos, throw yourself at this man, what is going on in the Royal Court of the Sceptered Isle?

by Anonymousreply 41April 26, 2019 2:25 AM

Harry eye fucking his brother's wife

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42April 26, 2019 2:26 AM

and Kate, while we're at it, you've pumped out three urchins, get a little sumpin, sumpin going on, girl. What the hell is going with this alleged Royal family?

by Anonymousreply 43April 26, 2019 2:26 AM

Is that Harry biting his lip as Catherine approaches?

by Anonymousreply 44April 26, 2019 2:28 AM

Whoa, there is an actual Megan truther here on this thread. They all believe Harry and Kate are in love.

by Anonymousreply 45April 26, 2019 2:29 AM

R34 juicy blind. Pretty much what I imagine happened.

by Anonymousreply 46April 26, 2019 2:31 AM

Will and Kate have to do something, anything, to be interesting. Somebody fuck somebody interesting. Por Favor.

by Anonymousreply 47April 26, 2019 2:34 AM

I can't believe they know who spilled the beans. It could be anyone.

I find it hard to believe that they hung out in Frogmore.

by Anonymousreply 48April 26, 2019 2:35 AM

There are endless visual examples of Harry's obvious infatuation with Kate over the years and her always caring but restrained responses.

by Anonymousreply 49April 26, 2019 2:38 AM

He looks more in love w Kate than Will does.

by Anonymousreply 50April 26, 2019 2:40 AM

I'm not even that big a fan of Harry or Megan, but come on, they are infinitely more fun, and the proof is kind of all these threads. People on these threads don't actually care about Will or Kate. They just really hate Megan. Why? Or is it Meghan? Oh, who cares, they still matter more than that other couple. It's weird and funny.

by Anonymousreply 51April 26, 2019 2:40 AM

It's like watching a train wreck.

by Anonymousreply 52April 26, 2019 2:51 AM

In slow motion.

by Anonymousreply 53April 26, 2019 2:53 AM

A reminder that this is a soap opera. And wouldn’t it be a sly twist if the rogue brother were to publicly show interest in his allegedly estranged brother’s allegedly wronged wife?

by Anonymousreply 54April 26, 2019 2:54 AM

slow motion is pretty much Will and Kate's sex life. Amiright?

by Anonymousreply 55April 26, 2019 2:54 AM

A colossal, slow motion train wreck.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 56April 26, 2019 3:03 AM

well, since it's just me here, can I say, why exactly does everyone have to ape middle class Victorian values until the end of time? why is that? why is fidelity suddenly the be all, end all of every British Royal family?

by Anonymousreply 57April 26, 2019 3:03 AM

Who said fidelity was the be all, end all R57? Are you referring to the Twitter spike?

by Anonymousreply 58April 26, 2019 3:05 AM

every frau on this and every other thread r58

by Anonymousreply 59April 26, 2019 3:10 AM

A new take from Mirror.

[quote] Insiders said the brothers had a “disastrous row that could not be defused” over the different paths in life they are now on.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 60April 26, 2019 3:27 AM

Hmm. I’m not a big fan of Blind Gossip - it often seems they trawl headlines and then compose unfalsifiable “blinds” from them.

But it’s not very often they come back with added details on something just a day or so later, so maybe this has legs.

We already know that Markle has a blabbermouth. Remember Lainey & the lift to the shops story? That could only have come from Meghan and Lainey has a direct connection to her via Ben Whatsit, the one married to that annoying balloon faced woman.

For what it’s worth (not much, I know) I now firmly believe that William had some kind of dalliance with Rose - and I think the entirety of the British media knows it. It’s very naive to take the view that they’d definitely run it if they knew because we don’t know what actual evidence there is & whether the sources would hold up if legal action were taken.

There would also be a comeback on any outlet making direct accusations because they run the risk of losing access altogether....not just to W&K but to the whole family. And by no access I mean not invitation to photo calls and so on.

The media do not, and never have, published everything they know. That’s why blind items were invented. The secrets of Fleet Street are vast.

I don’t think that Harry has fallen out with William because he’s taken a moral stance on cheating - I think it’s all because of Meghan. William can’t stand the cunt and finds it impossible to hide that.

by Anonymousreply 61April 26, 2019 3:55 AM

So from that article, Harry said “I feel there is just a smallish window when people are interested in me before [William’s children] take over.” Pretty much confirms that he and Meghan are all about maximizing their marketability before the Cambridge children gain attention and leave them in obsolescence. Dim dim Harry just laid it out there confirming what we've been seeing/ saying all along.

by Anonymousreply 62April 26, 2019 3:56 AM

What is the root of the colossal falling out though? Not even hinted at.

If the affair were true, and the Dims were behind the reveal, why would Kate seek to staunch the wound?

But undeniably, Harry and Kate seemed entirely comfortable in one another's company today.

I don't think the affair did happen and, with regret, I don't think Meagain leaked this one. If Meagain was the culprit behind the leak, I can't see Kate and Harry thrown together in public. If Kate is pushing out Rose Cholomondeleymanderlywhateverthefuckery, maybe Rosie got set up to leak something and did? There's never been any stories about Kate falling out with people... the whole freeze out thing seems out of character.

I do believe Meagain is causing discord and unhappiness within the ranks - probably largely because she won't fall into line and ideas for brand Sussex are repugnant to William. And maybe she is leaking. I do think it's fair to say, after the scarf incident, William has no time for her. It's natural Dim would resent it, because he's whipped.

Boil it down, William, deeply suspicious by nature and maybe even a bit of dick by temperament, does not like the ignorant theatrics of his sister in law. It's probably not all Macbeth, just general tedium.

by Anonymousreply 63April 26, 2019 4:18 AM

An Iraqi male. Young. Baby from India? Encephalitis. Prince Harry and Miss Markle. Fluid on the brain. Yes. Prince Harry flash image and boy is he bitter

by Anonymousreply 64April 26, 2019 4:43 AM

Something wrong with head. A small malformed head? Middle Eastern/Indian appearing infant. A male. Swathed in jewel or bead encrusted shawl. Maybe not fluid on the brain. Something with skull shape. It's odd.

Flash of Prince Harry in casual suit jacket. No tie. Navy dark button up shirt. His feet face us (no socks), torso, fave twisted to the right (his left) A grand pastel pink decor, walls, drapes room behind him. His face is so contorted with bitterness. Disgust. Heavy on bitterness focused on Queen and mostly himself. Can't believe he could make such a facial expression. Deranged. He motions with right hand to the empty Queen bedroom on his left then looks at us for a response. Completely dehydrated with hollowed eyesockets as we make eye contact with him, we're stunned. We move in to focus on his eyes. We're now in a blue version of the pink room above. Psychotic break. Bath salt stare. Gripped by fear for our personal safety, the background is now in a less formal light green room.

12/10/18

by Anonymousreply 65April 26, 2019 4:46 AM

Hey girl...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 66April 26, 2019 4:49 AM

Only because it came in at R10 on this thread & the vision right before at R7 hung, haunted and happened. So keep an eye out

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 67April 26, 2019 4:51 AM

Did Harry wonder if he should grab Kate's hand as they were walking together?

by Anonymousreply 68April 26, 2019 5:03 AM

William and Kate pay Meghan a visit at Frogsville

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 69April 26, 2019 5:46 AM

I really doubt that visit happened.

by Anonymousreply 70April 26, 2019 5:53 AM

Good point made upthread - that if it were known that MM leaked the story about Wills' infidelity, Kate would find it hard to be on good terms with Harry. My take on their recent appearance together is that they are both battle-scarred warriors, having been publicly humiliated in recent times.

I don't think it's any mystery as to the source of the rift between PW and PH. MM's behaviour is pulling them all down and PW wants her gone.

by Anonymousreply 71April 26, 2019 6:21 AM

Yet another fake drop by MEghan to steer the narrative. Don't believe it for a minute. She's a lying cunt who's going stir crazy confined to maternity leave. She was pissed at not appearing with the family on HM's birthday so she put out this bullshit about W&K dropping by FrogWhore McMansion.

by Anonymousreply 72April 26, 2019 6:24 AM

Maybe they visited to point and laugh.

by Anonymousreply 73April 26, 2019 6:48 AM

If Frogmore has been decorated to look like Soho farmhouse, I'd be laughing too.

by Anonymousreply 74April 26, 2019 6:55 AM

Unusual portrait of Diana

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 75April 26, 2019 7:01 AM

We never saw her ears much. She looks like a beautiful boy.

by Anonymousreply 76April 26, 2019 7:02 AM

[quote]Something wrong with head. A small malformed head? Middle Eastern/Indian appearing infant. A male. Swathed in jewel or bead encrusted shawl.

In other words, SohoBébé is a pre-Datalounger. Look at that xxl pencil dialer!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 77April 26, 2019 7:05 AM

I'd bet anything that baby was born over a week ago. MM just wants to wait til she and it are camera-ready to give the biggest impact. No wobbly post-preg belly on the steps of the Lindo Wing for her.

by Anonymousreply 78April 26, 2019 7:16 AM

Following on from my post at R71...

I can also see what PH might have replied - "All very well for you... Why shouldn't I try to make the most of my position and carve out my own brand whilst I can? What have I got to lose?'"

Wills - "We'll see about that, mate. Don't shit where you eat."

by Anonymousreply 79April 26, 2019 7:25 AM

[quote] Wills - "We'll see about that, mate. Don't shit where you eat."

That's rich, coming from you.

by Anonymousreply 80April 26, 2019 7:32 AM

I kept that one as well R65.

by Anonymousreply 81April 26, 2019 7:42 AM

She's wearing the same pin in both photos at R25.

by Anonymousreply 82April 26, 2019 8:07 AM

I was looking at the video on the last thread of The Queen Mum unveiling a portrait of The Queen at the Canadian Embassy in NYC and thinking thank God The Queen was a nice looking woman. Imagine if she's been a fugly old cow and all these portraits all over the place of some hideous old bat...."and here she is in New York, unveiling the portrait of her daughter The Queen Of England" - everyone gasping in horror.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 83April 26, 2019 8:40 AM

[quote]One must love a woman whose favourite phrase, regardless of the circumstances, was "Isn't this fun!"

Yes, indeed!

August 4, 1980

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 84April 26, 2019 8:44 AM

Lovely, lovely, lovely.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 85April 26, 2019 8:46 AM

This photo was laughed at endlessly in England and could often be found in souvenir shops on a postcard.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 86April 26, 2019 8:49 AM

Why should the BBC be running an article on surrogacy today? Is this topical??

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 87April 26, 2019 9:06 AM

The latest pics of William from Australia and New Zealand show him in ill-fitting and cheap looking suits. I hope Catherine and his staff will encourage him to hire a decent tailor. And I am otherwise on team W&K.

by Anonymousreply 88April 26, 2019 9:26 AM

William should seek sartorial advice from his father, who is otherwise a douche bag, but is always impeccably dressed.

by Anonymousreply 89April 26, 2019 9:33 AM

Oh loooool at Duchess Yoko Ono in Givenchy throwing out that Harpers story through Omid Scabies! She was PISSED not to be included on Sunday, and there most probably was an informal lunch for HM later on that day. William and Kate wouldn't have wellied up to visit her in an empty Froggy cottage that shows no sign of habitable life, according to the Windsor dog-walkers of the DM, Twitter and Insta.

by Anonymousreply 90April 26, 2019 9:38 AM

She was updating her Insta all day on Sunday. From 5 photos to 10, and maxed it out. If Doria were here, she would have sent her on a Whole Foods pap walk. Or at least a dog walk around Swampy Hollow.

by Anonymousreply 91April 26, 2019 9:41 AM

Duchess Yoko Ono. That's intensely perfect.

by Anonymousreply 92April 26, 2019 9:43 AM

So a 30 min tea for the Fab 4 at Frogmore? Would her PR lie about that?

by Anonymousreply 93April 26, 2019 9:48 AM

I ship Harry and Kate. I don't understand why William turned into such a miserable, humourless and mean man with no feelings. Meghan is the same. No wonder will and meghan don't get along.

William is the type that would intentionally hurt people and cause trouble.

by Anonymousreply 94April 26, 2019 9:51 AM

William wouldn't look at Hazza on Easter Sunday, and vice versa. There will be no crumpets and Earl Grey for them , together, any time soon.

by Anonymousreply 95April 26, 2019 10:00 AM

God , I wish Tommy Lascelles would return from the afterlife to sort them all out! On a more serious note, over the last say... 11 months.. .we have had more stories and rumours to destabilise the monarchy than we have had for decades. Obviously, we can time them with the arrival of Duchess Yoko ( that's a DL fave name now!) but also, could there be more sinister forces at work for whom Markle is either a happy 'coincidence ' or an active conduit? This sudden nasty targeting of Prince William for example. where previously he and Kate represented all that was stable, pleasant and British and PW was a fresh, more relevant successor to the throne than Charles. As always I go to the phrase 'cui bono'. Who benefits...?

by Anonymousreply 96April 26, 2019 10:02 AM

" Cui bono".... we have to follow the money, maybe? It all is very bizarre. Can one woman alone be such a wrecking ball? I don't know.....

by Anonymousreply 97April 26, 2019 10:11 AM

Might be nothing, might be something....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 98April 26, 2019 10:12 AM

Is that ambulance really outside Frogmore Cottage? Looks more like Windsor walls? #FakeNews

by Anonymousreply 99April 26, 2019 10:15 AM

NHS Ambulance #FakeNews

by Anonymousreply 100April 26, 2019 10:16 AM

MeAgain is going to ramp up the 'Imminent Arrival ' drama and leaks to the tabloids all weekend now, especially if she and her team are the ones behind casting William as 'villain of the Royal Soap Opera'. In contrast, Smeg can smile extra smugly as the 'Madonna Of Toad Hall'

by Anonymousreply 101April 26, 2019 10:22 AM

I've had a nose on Twitter and all the MM stans are congratulating themselves on a job well done. re the trending topic.

by Anonymousreply 102April 26, 2019 10:25 AM

That says it all, doesn't it?

by Anonymousreply 103April 26, 2019 10:32 AM

Well, having surfed all the " baby imminent" headlines, I can confirm that each publication / press story has various random pictures of ambulances in their stories. Nothing factual. I wouldn't be at all surprised if Yoko was up to mischief again.

by Anonymousreply 104April 26, 2019 10:50 AM

She MUST be. She's been too quiet for too long.

by Anonymousreply 105April 26, 2019 10:53 AM

Blind gossip is confusing the shit out of me? Did will cheat or not? Was it just a Meg leak?

by Anonymousreply 106April 26, 2019 11:41 AM

I'm still of the mind, and age, to remember what Will used to do......plant fake stories to see who squealed. It's obvious he never felt that MM was right for the Firm. And she has been getting away with too much self promotion, for so long. It's so tacky. How do you get rid of her? Or at least banish her? Prove that she squeals on the family she never had. Prove she takes sides. In her case, her own side. Proof enough to show that is all all out for herself.

by Anonymousreply 107April 26, 2019 11:45 AM

* that she is all out for herself.

by Anonymousreply 108April 26, 2019 11:46 AM

Still no sign of the Bébé?

by Anonymousreply 109April 26, 2019 11:47 AM

Nah, she's busy updating her Insta with pictures of herself. Again.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 110April 26, 2019 11:55 AM

The ambulance picture is from yesterday, the press have just run away with it, that's all. Camilla Tominey explains it here.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 111April 26, 2019 12:06 PM

NB Ambulance spotted near Frogmore Cottage yesterday is a driver training vehicle picking up food for students while out and about all day, according to South Central Ambulance Service. Keep calm tweeps. It could be another few days yet #royalbaby #BabySussex #ticktock

4:43 AM - 26 Apr 2019

by Anonymousreply 112April 26, 2019 12:06 PM

This made me HOWL.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 113April 26, 2019 12:32 PM

So was the cunt even pregnant when she went to the wedding? It's been so fucking long! what a fame whore.

by Anonymousreply 114April 26, 2019 12:46 PM

That “Will and Kate visited Meghan at Frog Cottage because they missed her at Easter” is a crock. I don’t even believe she is living there.

I think she’s somewhere else “for security reasons”.

by Anonymousreply 115April 26, 2019 1:14 PM

I don't think she's at Toad Hall, either. She never WAS.

by Anonymousreply 116April 26, 2019 1:17 PM

The cringe-worthy, nakedly self-serving captions on those Sussex Instagram are truly beyond awful.

by Anonymousreply 117April 26, 2019 1:20 PM

The RF must be laughing at how many pieces she puts out about Swampy Hollow, trying to convince everyone. She's a figure of loathing and ridicule. I'm with R115 , she's hidden somewhere for " security reasons ".

by Anonymousreply 118April 26, 2019 1:22 PM

I hope someone really Fugly eventually plays her on The Crown.

by Anonymousreply 119April 26, 2019 1:23 PM

I posted this on another thread, but figured people would find it interesting here too.

Ok, I have a little gossip... not much, but my connection is sort of a six degrees of separation thing with someone close to William and Harry. People talk, and those people talk and before you know it, lots of people know stuff. There is a significant rift between William and Harry; the reason is indeed over MM. William was very wary of her, but he’s been openly antagonistic lately, and it was all after the NY baby shower. He’s not necessarily jealous that they get the attention—he’s even supportive of their proactive charity work—but he feels she’s not conforming to what he thinks a Royal should be (which is obviously more Kate-like). The other interesting thing is MM is liked by a lot of the family. She is very pleasant and fun to be around, and believe it or not, Harry loves her and she loves him. But the family are in line with William’s thinking, and are trying to help her conform more, which she’s willing to do.

This is the reason why she’s retreated for the birth.

William and Kate are still having troubles, but everyone is confident they’ll resolve them (remember, I only heard about the problems, I never heard directly about William’s cheating).

by Anonymousreply 120April 26, 2019 1:24 PM

She's not retreated. She's antagonising the public with her self serving Instagram posts, and putting puff pieces out. That's not retreating , nor is it confirming.

by Anonymousreply 121April 26, 2019 1:26 PM

^ btw my impression is, more than anything, it’s MM’s extravagance that William has a problem with. Didn’t hear anything about leaked stories or PR issues. MM would be gone if she leaked stories, and there would be nothing Harry could do to save her.

by Anonymousreply 122April 26, 2019 1:28 PM

This is the part I absolutely refuse to believe:

The other interesting thing is MM is liked by a lot of the family. She is very pleasant and fun to be around, and believe it or not, Harry loves her and she loves him. But the family are in line with William’s thinking, and are trying to help her conform more, which she’s willing to do. This is the reason why she’s retreated for the birth.

All of that is complete bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 123April 26, 2019 1:28 PM

^ R122 Post is by r120...

by Anonymousreply 124April 26, 2019 1:29 PM

The baby shower was a major self-own on Meghan's part. Completely clueless.

by Anonymousreply 125April 26, 2019 1:31 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 126April 26, 2019 1:41 PM

I reckon the trips will go to Will and Kate. H and M's trips have been a disaster.

by Anonymousreply 127April 26, 2019 1:48 PM

Did they have US and Canada trips lined up for sure? I thought that was just Markle drip feeding the press with what she was after. Like Doria's Christmas visit. Like Frogmore HOUSE. Like their own court.

by Anonymousreply 128April 26, 2019 1:51 PM

Just tossing another thought into the ring: Duchess Yoko tried to seduce William and she seeks revenge by starting vicious rumours about him. Harry doesn't believe what William tells him, causing those two to fall out. Sparkle convinces Harry that William made a pass at her, and Harry's affection towards Kate on Anzac day is either pity or flirting to make his brother jealous. Sorry if I don't sound very eloquent, it's very nearly midnight in Australia and I'm ready for bed.

by Anonymousreply 129April 26, 2019 1:56 PM

That wasn't Madonna, it was Jessica BalloonFace doing the dirty work.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 130April 26, 2019 2:02 PM

R123, I don’t believe that bullshit, either. If the family is willing to give her another chance, it’s because they are aware of the optics. It’s not because she’s “willing to conform” — all of a sudden.

R129, people have joked about it, and I think it’s possible. That’s just the kind of thing a grifter like Meghan would do. “I don’t want this to affect your relationship with your brother, God knows, but I love you so much and we promised to be totally honest with each other. William made a pass at me. He thinks that just because he’s going to be The King someday and I’m a Woman Of Color that he’s entitled to have me. He has no respect for you, Harry.”

by Anonymousreply 131April 26, 2019 2:06 PM

Was there avocado toast r93? Was it kind?

I really think there is nothing she wouldn’t lie about. There is no substance to her, everything is a facade.

by Anonymousreply 132April 26, 2019 2:08 PM

Don't forget we are dealing with a grifter who shagged Weinstein for a 30 second movie part. Allegedly.

by Anonymousreply 133April 26, 2019 2:10 PM

R120 I might find your “inside info” slightly more believable if Markle had shown any indication that she was willing to conform. She hasn’t. And obsessively posting flattering pictures of yourself on IG is hardly “retreating for the birth”.

So either you or your “source” are full of shit.

by Anonymousreply 134April 26, 2019 2:11 PM

The "inside info" is so earnest, isn't it? NOBODY believes that Harry's family "likes" her.

by Anonymousreply 135April 26, 2019 2:17 PM

She's getting backlash from posting irrelevant pics of herself on Insta, and yet she is doing it again, today,. That's not conforming. That is defiance.

by Anonymousreply 136April 26, 2019 2:18 PM

R134, it’s not the Instagram stuff that is the big issue with William. It’s not even the attention. It’s the appearance of extravagance. It’s the private jet and baby shower that was held in the most expensive hotel room in NY. It’s the expensive clothes. Will doesn’t even care that MM didn’t pay for the trip; he’s all about the optics (and also money, but mostly about the optics of money).

Btw I said a lot (not all) like MM personally. Not sure who does and who doesn’t but I guess we can figure that out.

by Anonymousreply 137April 26, 2019 2:18 PM

She wouldn't watch the Christmas edition of Eastenders with the Queen! I was absolutely DONE with her then. DONE.

by Anonymousreply 138April 26, 2019 2:20 PM

They like her...you mean she fooled them LOL.

by Anonymousreply 139April 26, 2019 2:20 PM

^ sorry meant to add my take on the money thing. It makes perfect sense—the BRF live off the largess of the British taxpayer. With Brexit, that’s in jeopardy so it’s understandable that William is hyper aware of the optics of extravagance. It is by far the biggest issue with him.

by Anonymousreply 140April 26, 2019 2:21 PM

R120 Why is it only William that would be appalled by the extravagance? I can’t imagine any of them are any less than repulsed by it.

by Anonymousreply 141April 26, 2019 2:22 PM

That post from our friend-of-friends sounds reasonable to me. And indeed, the extravagance is a real, concrete issue. She's behaved like a kid in a candy store, it ain't right n' proper!

by Anonymousreply 142April 26, 2019 2:23 PM

I always have told in previous threads that she is after William from the beginning . She knows he will have the money once he is prince of Wales and the duchy of Cornwall . I even think its for that she married Harry . She would make him a bigger player and he would introduce her in the RF . That’s why they have a fall out H and W . She made passes to William and he didn’t react to her passes . Now she is making him pay for that . M thinks in her head that everybody is delighted with her and that she is beautiful .

by Anonymousreply 143April 26, 2019 2:24 PM

R141 I think the family is in agreement...William will be king, so he has the biggest say, but no doubt they follow his lead.

by Anonymousreply 144April 26, 2019 2:25 PM

A wonderful photo of Sophie, Alexandra, Camilla and the Duchess of Gloucester. It's like a parade of hats.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 145April 26, 2019 2:25 PM

According to the Daily Express, an ambulance and helicopter have been seen heading toward Frogmore. Make of that what you will.

by Anonymousreply 146April 26, 2019 2:26 PM

Which of the Royals would like her? I’m sure she’s focused her charm offensive on the men and only the “important” ones.

I’m sure Camilla has her eye on Charles, because she knows what Meghan is.

Will and Kate can’t possibly like her. I’m sure she over-confidently overstepped in some private moment with William. I guarantee she did some vulgar thing that totally turned him off. She miscalculated because subtle isn’t her thing. And the whole Charlotte thing

She pissed off the Yorks with her maternity coat. Maybe Bea still likes her. They were friendly at SoHo for a bit. Megan leveraged it and I bet they’re sorry.

by Anonymousreply 147April 26, 2019 2:28 PM

William's speech in New Zealand.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 148April 26, 2019 2:30 PM

R143, I have no way of knowing for sure, but I’ve never heard a squeak about your scenario. It is way out of left field. MM might be money hungry but she isn’t stupid. (And yes, I’m sure Harry’s money made him very attractive).

Will and Kate might be fighting but the marriage isn’t going anywhere.

by Anonymousreply 149April 26, 2019 2:31 PM

^oops meant to sign r149 as r120.

by Anonymousreply 150April 26, 2019 2:32 PM

Kate and Harry singing. She's solemn, he's nervous.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 151April 26, 2019 2:32 PM

Kate and Harry arriving and leaving the church service yesterday. Very chatty.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 152April 26, 2019 2:33 PM

oh c'mon, don't be fucking naive....they "like" her to her face.

She is trying to stir the pot, she aims to be the more popular couple, she wants to overtake Harry and Kate. She is a fame whore. Did you watch the very first interview they gave to the press and the pictures released? OMG, she was so fake! I'm sure William being the smarter of the brothers saw right through her and was right to have concerns. Harry is a dumb fucking cunt, who deserves this whore.

by Anonymousreply 153April 26, 2019 2:33 PM

You dudes seriously need to unplug from this situation for a bit. You're giving yourselves over to wild, fantastical speculation now. Go watch some old episodes of "Dynasty" for a bit. Take a deep breath and let go.

by Anonymousreply 154April 26, 2019 2:34 PM

R143, I was drafting my comment when you posted yours. Personally, I think she has a huge grudge against Kate. And I feel sorry for Kate, because when some crazy bitch like Meghan decides to come for you, bunnies get boiled. P

by Anonymousreply 155April 26, 2019 2:35 PM

Baby Sussex Soho will be called Lady Elizabeth, she will wear bright colors, hats and gloves to give the finger to her mother Duchess Yoko. She will have a corgi to play with as she grows. She will be very amused to do so. Thank you.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 156April 26, 2019 2:37 PM

This droopy chip must remind Camilla of her husband Chuck these days.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 157April 26, 2019 2:38 PM

This tabloid headline doesn't even make sense.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 158April 26, 2019 2:39 PM

These are early days, of course everyone is gonna say, "yes, she's lovely, I like her", they know how the game is played.

by Anonymousreply 159April 26, 2019 2:40 PM

Cheating, who is cheating now? I need a stiff drink.

by Anonymousreply 160April 26, 2019 2:41 PM

Cheating, who is cheating now? I need a stiff drink.

by Anonymousreply 161April 26, 2019 2:41 PM

Let's try that again.

"Cheating, who is cheating now? I need a stiff drink".

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 162April 26, 2019 2:42 PM

Diana knew how to steal Charles' thunder.

I've always thought Charles admitting his adultery with Camilla on camera was a terrible mistake. He should have kept his mouth shut and followed his mother's guidance: don't complain and don't explain.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 163April 26, 2019 2:47 PM

I suggested the name Phillipa for a girl weeks ago. Rumor is that name is a contender - if it's a girl. Hopefully, they don't pick Rose for a middle name!

by Anonymousreply 164April 26, 2019 2:50 PM

Old girl (hasn’t she been 37 for several years?) is slipping. The latest SussexRoyal IG post includes a link to the nonexistent @queenscomtrust.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 165April 26, 2019 2:52 PM

Diana Rose. Have the bets closed?

by Anonymousreply 166April 26, 2019 2:52 PM

This is the best account on Instagram.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 167April 26, 2019 2:53 PM

R164 I doubt they’ll pick Phillipa, that’s Pippa’s real name.

by Anonymousreply 168April 26, 2019 2:56 PM

R164 I didn't know that. Scratch Phillipa off the list.

by Anonymousreply 169April 26, 2019 2:59 PM

Just saying....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 170April 26, 2019 3:06 PM

Harry used to make fun of William going bald. Surprise!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 171April 26, 2019 3:07 PM

Keep calm. It's a false alarm.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 172April 26, 2019 3:09 PM

Here is a link just in case anyone is wondering why Harry Half Wit is wearing all of those medals on his suit.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 173April 26, 2019 3:13 PM

A royal birth guessing game. I say "B".

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 174April 26, 2019 3:14 PM

I can only imagine how awful her body looks now (assuming she IS pregnant—I have no idea). She was terribly boxy to begin with and that Morocco (supposed to be Oscars) dress showed off lumps and bumps poking out in every direction.

by Anonymousreply 175April 26, 2019 3:15 PM

If she's not due until early May, and she goes over, there could be two or three more weeks of ambulance sightings and random tweets that she's gone into labor.

by Anonymousreply 176April 26, 2019 3:16 PM

The American tabloids are going after William big time.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 177April 26, 2019 3:18 PM

Prince Charles wears more medals than a 5 star General and the highest rank he ever attained was Capt of a minesweeper.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 178April 26, 2019 3:20 PM

Little Harry gets to hold the Queen's hand and car ride with Granny.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 179April 26, 2019 3:21 PM

[quote]Cholomondeleymanderlywhatevert - hefuckery

Made my day, r63.

by Anonymousreply 180April 26, 2019 3:24 PM

There was a megstan here who thought that Meghan and Harry where privvy to an apt in KP . Meghan thinks when she tells the press something it will eventually happen . Remember she would have a nice House in the country like W and K and nothing happened . Then it was Frogmore Palace they would move too not Frogmore Cottage . Oh and that the queen who loves her soo much had invited her mom to Christmas at Balmoral .

by Anonymousreply 181April 26, 2019 3:24 PM

I see that nobody proofread Meghan's caption on the Sussex Instagram today.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 182April 26, 2019 3:26 PM

She likes to toss in a lot of big words that sound good together, but she still breaks grammar rules by ending sentences with prepositions.

by Anonymousreply 183April 26, 2019 3:34 PM

The BRF must singlehandedly keep the British millinery industry in business.

by Anonymousreply 184April 26, 2019 3:36 PM

Eliza if it's a girl.

by Anonymousreply 185April 26, 2019 3:38 PM

I like Alexandria and Emily for a girl

by Anonymousreply 186April 26, 2019 3:39 PM

😢🔫

by Anonymousreply 187April 26, 2019 3:40 PM

R185 - Camilla has a granddaughter named Eliza.

by Anonymousreply 188April 26, 2019 3:40 PM

"My bean, Lady Nevaeh will soon be born. That's "heaven" spelled backwards. I wanted to honor my great friend, The Archbishop of Canterbury in some way".

by Anonymousreply 189April 26, 2019 3:42 PM

Eliza *Frances*

(On preview, damn.)

Frances Eliza then. Frances was Diana's middle name.

by Anonymousreply 190April 26, 2019 3:43 PM

That entire Instagram account is nothing but an advertisement for the wonderfulness of Meghan and Harry.

by Anonymousreply 191April 26, 2019 3:43 PM

Maybe US tour was cancelled by BRF. They don't want to pay for security and aides and commotion if they are on the outs w MM.

And Harry's annual pay from his trust is not large enough to support the trip

Really MM and Harry are at the mercy of Will and Charles for money. $300k trust stipend is not much for the lifestyle they lead.

by Anonymousreply 192April 26, 2019 3:52 PM

R120

[quote]The other interesting thing is MM is liked by a lot of the family. She is very pleasant and fun to be around, and believe it or not,

So, it's the help to whom MEghan is an outright bitch? Because for someone so damn pleasant, we've seen plenty of resignations from the "lessers" in her wake.

And this is not directed to you R120 in animosity. Grazie mille for passing us the gossip. It's just it seems conflicting to much of what we have seen from her.

by Anonymousreply 193April 26, 2019 3:53 PM

I'd also like to know more about the cancellation of the tour. I would bet that MM was looking forward to returning to her native country --and probably LA--as an internationally-known, titled, member of the BRF.

I can see William not wanting to pay for trip to gloat in the biggest US cities. And I'd bet she's PISSED.

by Anonymousreply 194April 26, 2019 3:59 PM

The cancellation of the US tour is blowback for the Twitter offensive against William. Again, I don't understand what her endgame is here: Why is she continuing to piss off the people who hold the purse strings? She truly is like Diana, a tactician, not a strategist.

by Anonymousreply 195April 26, 2019 4:02 PM

"She breaks grammar rules"

It's part of her plan to modernize the monarchy...

by Anonymousreply 196April 26, 2019 4:11 PM

Did she make a statement about modernizing the monarchy? I don’t think that she did...most of the dirt the anti MMers have on her and Harry is between their own ears.

How about a Q-tip?

by Anonymousreply 197April 26, 2019 4:15 PM

Because R195 she isn’t in for the long haul I guess . She wants to make money as fast as possible so she can get out . All that merching she does is only to line her own pockets . And my opinion is that she made a pass at William but he didn’t want her . You know what they say about a scorned woman . And now she will destroy them or make an attempt to do so . Its war between her and William . She hates Kate also with the heat of a thousand suns . Kate and her beautiful kids . Kate is everything she isn’t . Its going to be very ugly .

by Anonymousreply 198April 26, 2019 4:16 PM

She's not trying to modernize it. She's trying to meghanize it.

by Anonymousreply 199April 26, 2019 4:16 PM

The megstans all have said that she would modernise the royal family not the Kate fans R197 .

by Anonymousreply 200April 26, 2019 4:19 PM

I don't think she would make a pass at William while she's married to Harry. But I wouldn't be surprised if she desperately stalked him 10 years ago, before he was married. He's closer to her age, he's a much bigger prize than Harry, and he was quite good looking then. She may even have had a crush on him when she was a teenager.

by Anonymousreply 201April 26, 2019 4:21 PM

Good point Meganize is...so modern.

Agree about the Kate hate -- she wrote about her in her toilet room musings otherwise known as her lifestyle blog, something like Kate is only a princess, and Megula will be superwoman.

by Anonymousreply 202April 26, 2019 4:21 PM

What scheduled USA/Canada tour?

There WAS no scheduled USA/Canada tour. There never was a USA/Canada tour scheduled.

If it was for real, it would be on the RF Calendar with all the other RF appearances.

by Anonymousreply 203April 26, 2019 4:22 PM

Indeed, I think it is the rabid MEghan sycophants who has been cheering on her flouting of convention because in their blinding madness they believe she and Harry are the future of the monarchy.

by Anonymousreply 204April 26, 2019 4:23 PM

Modernizing the monarchy, one poorly written insta post at a time. Or in the case of AnzacDay, one insta post stolen from another source at a time.

by Anonymousreply 205April 26, 2019 4:24 PM

Even so r200, Meghan never said anything about it. She’s probably not a perfect person but I doubt she’s the harpy you are making her out to be...

by Anonymousreply 206April 26, 2019 4:25 PM

I would also like to know the real reason for the tour cancellation, R194. Wouldn't any monetary decision be the Queen's rather than William's?

by Anonymousreply 207April 26, 2019 4:27 PM

Why is the Royal Family still paying for Sparkle's PR?

All of these nasty stories have appeared after that Latham PR person came on board.

Stop the checks. Thanks for your service. No go back where you came from.

by Anonymousreply 208April 26, 2019 4:28 PM

In R206 's assessment, all negative press of MEghan is sure fake news... but I'll bet she believes the Rose story without question.

by Anonymousreply 209April 26, 2019 4:28 PM

* surely fake news

by Anonymousreply 210April 26, 2019 4:29 PM

THERE NEVER WAS A USA/TOUR!

Just like Doria was never invited for Christmas.

by Anonymousreply 211April 26, 2019 4:29 PM

[quote]there could be two or three more weeks of ambulance sightings and random tweets that she's gone into labor.

And Mega will love every second of it.

by Anonymousreply 212April 26, 2019 4:30 PM

I'm just going by her modern dressing style, her modern PR shill approach personified by People magaxine, the rampant staff leavings, and how little she thinks of Britain and the BRF, courtesy of Miss Harpy.

by Anonymousreply 213April 26, 2019 4:30 PM

Meghan's PR is Pitching Millennials 101.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 214April 26, 2019 4:35 PM

Yes but but....MeMe should be putting her efforts toward Pitching William instead of acting like she's working for votes on American Idol.

by Anonymousreply 215April 26, 2019 4:40 PM

About the weird pregnancy timeline,I have 2 theories;

(1) Meghan got pregnant much earlier than we were told, gave birth some time ago, and is now hiding the baby a la Suri Cruise until enough time has passed and we can’t tell the exact age. Would explain a very fit woman looking so huge so “early” in her pregnancy. Would also explain the padding.

(2) At the other extreme- she announced pregnancy way early, which is very tacky and almost tempting fate with a high risk pregnancy. But then, why lie about the 12 week scan? She had to know people can count to 40.

by Anonymousreply 216April 26, 2019 4:43 PM

MM makes me laugh, how consistently she plays up to the media. She is over-the-top aware of where the cameras, as well.

And it shows. Rarely have I seen anyone come across so consistently fake. It's remarkable.

I mean... who is MM, really? I'm not talking about what trend, position, or person she is chasing at the moment... but, who is she, in her heart of hearts? I doubt she'll ever let anyone know. She may not even know.

by Anonymousreply 217April 26, 2019 4:48 PM

[quote] But then, why lie about the 12 week scan? She had to know people can count to 40.

Because she thinks she's smarter than anyone, simple as that.

Look at Trump and his antics - it's pretty much typical behaviour for narcs.

by Anonymousreply 218April 26, 2019 4:49 PM

Elizabeth Diana Doria - you heard it here first

by Anonymousreply 219April 26, 2019 4:51 PM

R219, I don't think she wants "Doria" in there.

It will probably be Diana Elizabeth Grace, and they'll call the kid by her middle name, Gracie.

by Anonymousreply 220April 26, 2019 4:53 PM

Victoria Elizabeth Beyonce - You heard it here first

by Anonymousreply 221April 26, 2019 4:54 PM

Whatever name that they pick, I am sure that it will be appropriate and QE approved.

by Anonymousreply 222April 26, 2019 4:55 PM

Still think it will be Alexandra shortened to Sasha.

by Anonymousreply 223April 26, 2019 4:56 PM

I'm sensing ARETHA right now.

by Anonymousreply 224April 26, 2019 5:00 PM

Why r224, because Aretha is a black womans name? You all say that race has nothing to do with your dislike for Meghan...not so sure I believe you.

by Anonymousreply 225April 26, 2019 5:02 PM

A bi-racial woman named Rachel Meghan Markle does not name her child any whacked-out African American name ie Shaquan, Tavion, Naquasia, or Quantrelle

by Anonymousreply 226April 26, 2019 5:06 PM

R226, I lost it at “Quantrelle”.

by Anonymousreply 227April 26, 2019 5:07 PM

Caroline Diana, because she is intent this will be Charles favorite grandchild come hell or high water. Caroline in primary honor of Charles so he won't care that Diana (dog whistle to her lunatic stans) is the middle name.

by Anonymousreply 228April 26, 2019 5:09 PM

If it's a boy I can see Alexander, as an FU to Kate who couldn't name her kid that.

by Anonymousreply 229April 26, 2019 5:10 PM

Sasha Sussex. Hmmm. Sasha is rather chic.

by Anonymousreply 230April 26, 2019 5:18 PM

Felicity Rose Ophelia Grace.

by Anonymousreply 231April 26, 2019 5:18 PM

Caroline Diana sounds like the child is named for Kate's mother.

Charlotte Elizabeth Diana has the maximum sucking-up points possible for a female baby name and it's already taken.

by Anonymousreply 232April 26, 2019 5:19 PM

Alexandra Elizabeth Diana. Meghan won't be able to resist the Influencer-ready name of Sasha Sussex.

Alexander Henry Charles if it's a boy.

by Anonymousreply 233April 26, 2019 5:24 PM

Grabbed a little Q and A from Tumblr.....

{Q} How can Sara Latham be going so rogue with all the dirty PR if she's meant to be reporting to the Palace? Is that just for official releases (and this is definitely NOT official business)? I expect Lord G et al are keeping tabs on her movements as well? And any other PR people who are doing MM's dirty work for her? {A} SL is working for Megs private PR. Meg has never had Royal PR. There was an article a while back where a palace source confirmed she would not use it because she would not follow their advice. My guess is they never allowed her to use it.

it’s LG v SL. Let the games begin….

by Anonymousreply 234April 26, 2019 5:26 PM

But WHO is funding her private pr?

by Anonymousreply 235April 26, 2019 5:30 PM

I thought the baby’s actual surname would be Mountbatten-Windsor. Will it be Sussex?

by Anonymousreply 236April 26, 2019 5:31 PM

I just can’t imagine being in her position (new life, new home, new job, new baby) and WANTING to handle my own PR.

Why does she need PR?

Only if this marriage is a stepping stone to be leveraged for something else.

by Anonymousreply 237April 26, 2019 5:32 PM

You know what with this attack on William nobody is speaking of the surrogate anymore . Latham is good .

by Anonymousreply 238April 26, 2019 5:34 PM

I don't know how the surname thing works, exactly. I know Harry used Wales as a last name in the military, and Beatrice and Eugenie are often referred to as the York sisters. What their legal surnames are I don't know. Anybody else understand the etiquette of this?

by Anonymousreply 239April 26, 2019 5:36 PM

Nobody’s talking about the sex tape either.

You know that skank has a sex tape of some kind.

by Anonymousreply 240April 26, 2019 5:36 PM

R236 They're from the House of Mountbatten-Windsor. That's the official surname. William and Harry used Wales as their surname at school. It wouldn't be unusual for William's children to use Cambridge as a surname and Harry's children to use Sussex.

FWIW R233 Sasha Sussex isn't an influencer name, it's a porn star name.

by Anonymousreply 241April 26, 2019 5:38 PM

Porn star, influencer, whatever. As long as it gets clicks, Meghan won't care.

by Anonymousreply 242April 26, 2019 5:41 PM

Is anybody else amused that the press keeps using those awful photos in which MM is dressed like an Imam? (White hat and billowy white outfit.) She looks like an obese man in those photos!

by Anonymousreply 243April 26, 2019 5:44 PM

"Latham is good."

Haha. Latham just got backhanded with the phantom US tour cancellation, and then there's the banishment to another continent thing. Stuff like referring to the Queen as a "patron" of the Commonwealth group and spreading lies about William...I reckon that she's in a heap of horse manure right about now.

by Anonymousreply 244April 26, 2019 5:46 PM

Princess Wallis Savile Dorian dePantulf d’Amours Primus FitzAlan Foulques FitzWarin Radlan Ragland Açaí, not to be confused with Princess Tiaamii Crystal Esther Andre

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 245April 26, 2019 5:46 PM

Alexandra/Sasha was my suggestion upthread, and I think it’s gorgeous.

But Sasha Sussex sounds fucking awful.

by Anonymousreply 246April 26, 2019 5:48 PM

Should have said....I didn’t really think it through.

by Anonymousreply 247April 26, 2019 5:49 PM

It's in-your-face awfulness is exactly why Meghan will love the idea, R247.

by Anonymousreply 248April 26, 2019 5:51 PM

With any luck, maybe little Sasha Sussex can one day be an “alliterative actress” just like Mom!

by Anonymousreply 249April 26, 2019 5:54 PM

alliterative = specializes in double-penetration

by Anonymousreply 250April 26, 2019 5:55 PM

Sasha Sussexxx

by Anonymousreply 251April 26, 2019 5:55 PM

Initials SS?

I doubt anyone will agree to that, but anything is possible.

by Anonymousreply 252April 26, 2019 5:57 PM

Oohhh Sasha Mountbatten-Windsor. VERY chic, I must say. Sasha could be boy or girl, right?

by Anonymousreply 253April 26, 2019 5:58 PM

Technically the name will be Alexandra (or Alexander) Mountbatten-Windsor, so the SS thing wouldn't be a problem.

by Anonymousreply 254April 26, 2019 5:59 PM

If they name the child Alexandra or Alexander, the press will call the child Sasha. It's not a big leap.

by Anonymousreply 255April 26, 2019 6:02 PM

R253 Yes. In other countries (esp. Russia & France) Sacha is a male diminutive of Alexander and a boys name in it’s own right (Sacha Distel).

Sasha is the girl diminutive and not used very often. In the UK it’s starting to be used as a standalone name for a girl. I think it’s lovely.

I think one of the Obama girls is Sasha...short for Natasha.

by Anonymousreply 256April 26, 2019 6:03 PM

wait wat? is their a problem with a SS? huh? why?

by Anonymousreply 257April 26, 2019 6:05 PM

Yes their is.

by Anonymousreply 258April 26, 2019 6:06 PM

No problem with SS, Harry!

Go wear your favourite uniform at the christening!

by Anonymousreply 259April 26, 2019 6:08 PM

Sasha Ursula Cecilia Kara

by Anonymousreply 260April 26, 2019 6:08 PM

Does anyone else think that if Harry hadn’t married a hard-faced American social-climber he might have become Duke of Windsor? A way of getting rid of unpleasant associations with the family name.

Sussex is quite crap, really. It’s not even a proper place name anymore. Theoretically it is, but the county is divided into East and West now so the blanket “Sussex” seems almost pointless. (Although not as pointless as Wessex, to be fair).

I live in West Sussex and I fucking hate those two arseholes having that title.

#NOTMYDUCHESS

by Anonymousreply 261April 26, 2019 6:10 PM

R236 - The baby's formal name would be Lady Diana Mountbatten-Windsor. Informally, she'll be known as Diana Sussex, just as Fergie was called Sarah York for short by the family. Just as at school, William was William Wales.

by Anonymousreply 262April 26, 2019 6:14 PM

Yes, from my Americam point of view, the Sussex title was a downward dog.

#NOTYRDUCHESS

by Anonymousreply 263April 26, 2019 6:16 PM

They could name the child Dash. Queen Victoria's beloved dog.

by Anonymousreply 264April 26, 2019 6:18 PM

R261 - No one would resurrect the Duke of Windsor even if Harry had married Cressida Bonas. The BRF are nothing if not superstitious. Maybe next century, if the Windsors last that long.

Clarence might have been a possibility but between the early death of the more recent holder, and the fate of the less recent one (drowned in a butt of malmsey, allegedly by his brother, Richard, Duke of Gloucester on his march to the throne as Richard III), someone thought NOT.

by Anonymousreply 265April 26, 2019 6:19 PM

R245 - You do know that "Fitz" in front a surname was used to indicate the holder had been born on the wrong side of the blanket, yes?

by Anonymousreply 266April 26, 2019 6:23 PM

“The BRF are nothing if not superstitious”. Really? Says who?

Sorry but disagreement is one thing but THIS WOULD NOT HAPPEN is actually pretty arrogant considering you’ve never actually met any of the people involved.

by Anonymousreply 267April 26, 2019 6:24 PM

No, they are superstitious about names. That's the same reason you won't see a Royal son named John anymore.

by Anonymousreply 268April 26, 2019 6:27 PM

I thought that was because they didn’t want a King Toilet.

by Anonymousreply 269April 26, 2019 6:36 PM

You all have entirely too much time on your hands.

by Anonymousreply 270April 26, 2019 6:38 PM

R267 - Just so you know, I'm not R268 who is also contradicting you, and actually, the BRF are supersitious, particularly about names - they have too much invested in symbolism not to be. Of course I've never met any of them, we've never met most of the people we gossip about here.

Most royalty are superstitious because the very foundation of their place in life is based on superstition: royal blood.

That said, these days, when history is taught so badly it may be true that there aren't enough people who even recognise the history attached to certain names, so it doesn't matter as much, particularly past Charles's era.

Looked at historically, there's hardly a suitable male royal name that isn't attached to an execution, a rebellions, an abdiation, or an early death.

"William" was, therefore, an excellent choice by Charles and Diana - it is definitely one of the least attainted by history and also was a nod to Scotland.

Let's face it: the royals were all once a band of tribal thugs jostling for power led by men with the same names.

by Anonymousreply 271April 26, 2019 6:43 PM

^*abdication

by Anonymousreply 272April 26, 2019 6:43 PM

The whole baby names postings are getting tedious.

by Anonymousreply 273April 26, 2019 6:45 PM

What are the odds that Bea closes the deal with that Edo character? Won’t that be encroaching on Meg’s territory?

I don’t think that family’s big enough for the two of them...

by Anonymousreply 274April 26, 2019 6:49 PM

1969 - with the swinging set in LA.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 275April 26, 2019 6:51 PM

She'll marry him, have 1-2 kids with him, and then the marriage will go south. I think she knows that already and doesn't care. In her set, it's better to be divorced with kids than a spinster.

by Anonymousreply 276April 26, 2019 6:51 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 277April 26, 2019 6:52 PM

"How very nice to see you here!"

Camilla dances the "Hava Nageela"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 278April 26, 2019 6:58 PM

R271 You may be right...but a gossip site is a place for opinions not pronouncements of fact. It’s arrogant.

And I think you “won’t see a royal baby called John” is as much to do with the fact that you would be hard pressed to find ANY baby being named John these days.

Before the wedding, quite a lot of historians (you know, REAL experts) discussed the issue and all put Windsor on the table as a possibility.

Oh, and it’s so annoying when people patiently explain something under the assumption that you don’t already know. Most Brits of a certain age know about Clarence and the vat of malmsey as Richard The Third is frequently on the English Lit curriculum.

by Anonymousreply 279April 26, 2019 6:58 PM

Someone on DListed said Meghan resembles Octomom andnow I cant unsee it

by Anonymousreply 280April 26, 2019 7:02 PM

John isn't a super common first name for a male baby these days, but neither are George or Louis. The Royals go by different rules when naming babies than commoners do, and there is definitely an element of superstition to go along with all of the tradition.

by Anonymousreply 281April 26, 2019 7:03 PM

George is a top 10 UK baby name now, but that might be because of Prince George. Louis doesn't seem to be making much of an impact, though.

by Anonymousreply 282April 26, 2019 7:06 PM

Any Royal 'expert' who thought that Duke of Windsor was a for-reals title possibility for a man marrying a divorced American actress of uncertain reputation, deserves to be soundly cracked on the head with a copy of Debrett's.

by Anonymousreply 283April 26, 2019 7:07 PM

George is a nice name.

It’ll be interesting to think of Kate as Princess of Wales. But you know what? Diana has been gone a long time.

by Anonymousreply 284April 26, 2019 7:08 PM

R271 - Diana supposedly wanted to name William either John or Oliver. Of course, John is a bad luck name in the British Royal Family and Oliver reminds people of nasty Oliver Cromwell.

by Anonymousreply 285April 26, 2019 7:09 PM

Diana will have been dead for at least 25 years by the time Kate makes Princess of Wales. It will be time and past time for a new one.

by Anonymousreply 286April 26, 2019 7:09 PM

Girl: Lady Alice Diana Elizabeth Mountbatten Windsor

Boy: Alexander Charles Henry

by Anonymousreply 287April 26, 2019 7:12 PM

[quote]Diana supposedly wanted to name William either John or Oliver.

Ew, she usually had good taste.

by Anonymousreply 288April 26, 2019 7:20 PM

R283 - Amen. You'd think it would have been obvious.

by Anonymousreply 289April 26, 2019 7:20 PM

I'm predicting:

Christopher Philip Charles

or

Lady Grace Doria Diana

by Anonymousreply 290April 26, 2019 7:22 PM

I can't remember if anyone posted this comment by Sussexsquad (@PositiveSussex) on Omid Scobie's Twitter. She says her goal was to "make the affair trend."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 291April 26, 2019 7:25 PM

I might be willing to concede a little in HazBean favor if they name their tadpole something decidedly non-royal. It would befit their future irrelevant station.

by Anonymousreply 292April 26, 2019 7:28 PM

What if Diana were still alive now, and the Queen passed away. Charles would become King. And William would then be invested as the Prince of Wales. But, Catherine couldn't be named Princess of Wales, because Diana still held the title. So the Prince and Princess of Wales would be William and his mother?

by Anonymousreply 293April 26, 2019 7:39 PM

R293 - in that scenario, wouldn't Diana be the Dowager Princess of Wales?

by Anonymousreply 294April 26, 2019 7:48 PM

I am going to add to the name guessing game, to maximize the political correctness:

For a girl, Alexandra Catherine Anne or Alexandra Mary Katherine.

For a boy, Charles William Phillip or Philip William Charles.

by Anonymousreply 295April 26, 2019 8:00 PM

R295 - Charles Henry Philip (fixed it). FWIW, that's my guess for a boy, as well.

The girl is almost too boring to go over again, as wel all know it is likely to be some combination of Diana and Elizabeth, with one other "please yourself name" which could be anything from Rachel to Jessica to more trad royaliste selections such as Alice, Victoria, and Mary.

by Anonymousreply 296April 26, 2019 8:09 PM

Do these people even have passports? Does the queen? They are issued in her name.

by Anonymousreply 297April 26, 2019 8:16 PM

R294 Dowager means widow and that would not apply in Diana's case.

One assumes that the situation would have been resolved at some point in the intervening 25 years. Had Diana lived, one would not have expected her to remain unmarried all this time. It's likely Diana would have remarried, the title would have reverted to the crown and would have been available for Charles' second wife. As it was, Charles didn't remarry until almost a decade after the divorce. That gave plenty of time for the Princess of Wales issue to be sorted even if Diana had not died.

by Anonymousreply 298April 26, 2019 8:18 PM

R283 and R289 Good grief, what a couple of morons you are.

I asked whether if Harry hadn’t married Meghan he might have been given the title Windsor.

Now read slooooooowwwwly....I asked this because it was indeed obvious that the American social-climber connection was too strong, so the reality is that this was never on the cards realistically.

But no expert would have included this reasoning before the wedding., would they?! They included it because, in fact, Windsor was entirely possible...and not ruled out because of “superstition”. If Harry had married Chelsy, Windsor would have been quite possible.

Understand?

Doubt it, tbh. In any event, stop pretending to be experts in things you know fuck all about.

by Anonymousreply 299April 26, 2019 8:20 PM

So, uh, Princess Michael... that’s a male name. How did that happen?

by Anonymousreply 300April 26, 2019 8:35 PM

I betting it will NOT be Alexandra.

That is the name of the Queen's beloved cousin. They are very close.

I can't see Alexandra being happy that her name is hijacked by Sparkle and Dim.

Appeals to the Queen will be made to stop this.

by Anonymousreply 301April 26, 2019 8:36 PM

Had Diana lived and not remarried she would have remained Diana, Princess of Wales.

Any subsequent wife of a Prince of Wales would have been styled [BOLD] HRH [/BOLD] Camilla/Catherine, [BOLD] The [/BOLD] Princess of Wales.

The HRH and The make the difference between a current and former wives.

by Anonymousreply 302April 26, 2019 8:37 PM

I’m just looking forward to all the fun that’s coming down the pike. Meghan is an asshole, but she has made the Royals interesting again. She is the best thing that’s happened to that family. I love a good villainess.

by Anonymousreply 303April 26, 2019 8:37 PM

R299 I think the point R283 and R289 are trying to make is that Duke of Windsor isn't a "real" peerage. It was created specifically for Edward VIII. Edward could have been given an existing title, but George VI chose to give him a title that no one had held before and that is linked to the name of the castle, rather than a geographic region. It fits with royal superstition that no region would want to be connected to the king who abdicated and no future member of the BRF would want the association. I assume the title was meant to die with him. He was already in his 40s when he abdicated so children were only a very slim possibility.

It is unlikely that Harry would have received the title "Duke of Windsor" had he married someone else. The discussion of Harry receiving that title was probably tongue in cheek and or aimed at drawing comparisons between Meghan and Wallis.

by Anonymousreply 304April 26, 2019 8:44 PM

R300, When a woman marries a prince in the BRF, she is not Princess (insert female name). That’s reserved for born blood princesses. Married-ins get the title of Princess (husband’s name). Marie Christine married Prince Michael and therefore, became Princess Michael of Kent. Catherine and Meghan are Princess William and Princess Henry in reality.

by Anonymousreply 305April 26, 2019 8:55 PM

Of course William cheated he’s an entitled and bored middle aged man whose wife will never leave him Eventually Harry will also cheat the difference being that Meghan won’t stand for it and will leave creating a scandal in her wake The English press has clearly looked the other way at William the heir and would to an extent protect Harry just as Andrew is protected but any misstep by Meghan will be fair game.

by Anonymousreply 306April 26, 2019 8:56 PM

Alexis Carrington Fucking Colby Mountbatten-Windsor

by Anonymousreply 307April 26, 2019 9:01 PM

It'd make a nice modern disney movie, like sleeping beauty (love that) or cinderella.

by Anonymousreply 308April 26, 2019 9:08 PM

Meghan is ballsy to get involved with the lizard race so publically. She wants to join the ranks, but she'll be tested.

by Anonymousreply 309April 26, 2019 9:11 PM

Sorry ‘insider’, your gossip is shitty and unbelievable.

by Anonymousreply 310April 26, 2019 9:11 PM

Prince Michael Paris Blanket, Earl of Dumbarton

Lady Melania Khloé Oprah Mountbatten-Windsor

by Anonymousreply 311April 26, 2019 9:21 PM

MM is perfectly capable of cheating. The question is, will Hax cheat first?

by Anonymousreply 312April 26, 2019 9:52 PM

William's hair does not want to be implicated in the scandal.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 313April 26, 2019 10:09 PM

^ love the comment at r313 video that says rumors on social media have a 100 percent accuracy rate.

by Anonymousreply 314April 26, 2019 10:15 PM

What is she now? 42, 43 weeks pregnant?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 315April 26, 2019 10:18 PM

If it were me, I would name them -

Lady Margaret Rose Mountbatten-Windsor and call her Maggie.

Lord Charles Henry Mountbatten-Windsor, Earl of Whatever and call him Charlie.

I also like

Lady Elizabeth Anne Mountbatten-Windsor and call her Beth.

Three names is really too much, we are streamlining the monarchy after all.

by Anonymousreply 316April 26, 2019 10:26 PM

The announcement was made 27 weeks and 4 days ago. If the reports are true she had just passed the 12-week mark, she's between 39-40 weeks now. So why does it feel like an eternity?

by Anonymousreply 317April 26, 2019 10:43 PM

Keeping history in mind, I'd say the BRF are going to take their sweet time dealing with MM. The Queen, for example, is well-known for waiting... and waiting... and waiting. Well past the point most would wait.

To her credit, it appears that most of the time, her waiting has paid off. In the long run.

by Anonymousreply 318April 26, 2019 10:52 PM

Here's what's happened. The surrogate had the baby weeks ago, but now refuses to hand it over - she's keeping it. MM is in a tail spin as no amount of pleading with gifts of mega money will entice the woman to give the baby to her. Therefore, just as the bump shown on the Duchess' belly these 32 months, I submit the first pic of baby Sussex to the world:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 319April 26, 2019 10:54 PM

Meggers has been preggers for 2 years. The kid has grown claws by now - first thing it will need will be a manicure!

by Anonymousreply 320April 26, 2019 10:58 PM

If it’s a girl, they should name the child Diana after his mom. Maybe Daniel for a boy. He should stand his ground- he loved and lost his mom.

It’s not like this kid is going to be Queen or King.

by Anonymousreply 321April 26, 2019 11:33 PM

At least claws can be filed down. What are they going to do about the teeth?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 322April 27, 2019 12:00 AM

Jesus, r322.

by Anonymousreply 323April 27, 2019 12:26 AM

I don't think the name Rose is going to fly right now. Would be rubbing William's nose in it.

by Anonymousreply 324April 27, 2019 12:30 AM

Perfect, R324! Name settled.

by Anonymousreply 325April 27, 2019 12:32 AM

[quote]I've had a nose on Twitter and all the MM stans are congratulating themselves on a job well done. re the trending topic.

by Anonymousreply 326April 27, 2019 12:52 AM

This Friday is exactly 40 weeks, folks... if 12 weeks was at Eugenie’s wedding.

by Anonymousreply 327April 27, 2019 1:38 AM

I counted too it’s 40 weeks today. What’s up with all the nut cases who thought it was way more? Can’t count?

by Anonymousreply 328April 27, 2019 1:53 AM

Bang on R201. I can guarantee that in her fantastical brain she believed that William would be sitting upstairs in his room at the palace, pensively looking down on the tourists and perchance upon her breathtaking beauty. I fully believe too it was William she wanted, but Harry she managed to bag. That's why she hates Kate so, because she got the prize. Meg hates her family for not being as seemingly perfect as the Middleton's. All her blather on The Tig about her wonderful childhood conceals her true jealousy and anger over not being born into the sort of circles as Kate. Meg had to claw to get where she is, and still ended up with the booby prize. Her rage will only swell when her child ends up not being as cute and beloved by the populace as Kate's three. Everything about Meghan is inferior to Kate, and being publicly derided by William is what truly sent her over the edge.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 329April 27, 2019 1:54 AM

Off topic, but were Diana still alive, I can see her being bold enough to explore her bisexuality and have a public relationship with a woman. She had great power lesbian hair.

by Anonymousreply 330April 27, 2019 1:57 AM

R329 just typed out a fantasy which confirms his bias that Meghan is pure evil.

by Anonymousreply 331April 27, 2019 1:57 AM

Well, isn't that what we've been doing for the last 40 threads R331?

by Anonymousreply 332April 27, 2019 1:59 AM

MM is amazing IMHO to start off upper middle class and ending up as a princess. Sort of like a real life Princess Diaries.

by Anonymousreply 333April 27, 2019 2:02 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 334April 27, 2019 2:10 AM

Meghan's family on Doria's side is lower class, on Thomas's side lower-middle class if only for Thomas's profession as a technician. But both sides are definitely NOT middle class. Upper-middle in her dreams maybe.

by Anonymousreply 335April 27, 2019 2:11 AM

But then how to explain the expensive Catholic schooling and Northwestern? And if she is lower middle class, a more amazing achievement. And in that high school photo, she wasn’t even that attractive.

by Anonymousreply 336April 27, 2019 2:13 AM

R336 Her dad got lucky and won a small fortune in a lottery, which he spent on Meghan's education (kudos to him for that). But then he blew the rest on bad investment, I think I'd read that somewhere. He also made a great salary on Married With Children working behind the scenes. In the entertainment industry these technician jobs are often well-paid and don't require college education just training/ certificate. For all that Meghan/ her Stans bad mouth Thomas Markle, he did right by raising her when Doria was AWOL and when he invested in her education. That's what made her gaslighting him more disgusting.

by Anonymousreply 337April 27, 2019 2:17 AM

Also forgot to add R336, what's so fucking amazing in achievement in what Meghan did? If she wasn't married to Harry, she'd be another fading, never-was (not even has-been) actress. If by her own "feminist" definition she's not achieved anything on her own except all her fame/ fortune arrived via marriage to a high-born/ wealthy man. Some fucking feminist all right.

What IS amazing is that dumbass Harry fell for this narcissist, even when William warned him to slow down and get to know/ see Meghan for who she is before marrying her. That is the amazing part, nothing Meghan has achieved on her own is remotely amazing.

by Anonymousreply 338April 27, 2019 2:22 AM

If a girl named "Sasha Sussex," I hope she doesn't have a lisp.

by Anonymousreply 339April 27, 2019 2:24 AM

R337 - I had a flakey mom who bailed on my family when I was young. My dad provided for me, just like Meghan’s dad did for her. It really bothers me to see how Meghan has rejected her father. He might be a little nutty, but he doesn’t deserve that. Meghan is a piece of work.

by Anonymousreply 340April 27, 2019 2:32 AM

Marriage isn't success or and achievement IMO but overall,Meghan's life seems fine.

Even as a small time fading actress, Meghan managed to do something with her life. Compared to the rest of her family, she worked hard and was moderately successful at her chosen field. I don't see you bitches telling all the academics on these threads that they're failures because they didn't win a Nobel or a MacArthur so don't start with the "she was a d-list actress" shit. She made it to a decent show, she managed to keep the damn job and when it was ending she figured out a transition to the next phase of her life.

Her siblings got money from Tom Sr's winnings and did fuck all with it.

If bitch is a social climbing grifter, she seems to be doing well at that too.

by Anonymousreply 341April 27, 2019 2:34 AM

Interesting take on MM:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 342April 27, 2019 2:36 AM

Girl: Victoria Diana. "Vicky."

Boy: Alfred Charles. "Alfie."

by Anonymousreply 343April 27, 2019 2:46 AM

R341 Are you seriously comparing what Meghan did as a small-time actress to what academics achieve on their own merits? Meghan got some help/ made contacts via her first husband, the guy she promptly dumped when he was no longer of use. Since you brought up academics, please understand that most of them achieved their credentials on their own, aside from financial aid no one helped me write research studies or clinical practice. As for the types of academics that you mention, not everyone has goal of winning Nobel Prize or awards, as those things are not viewed as end-all and be-all. Finally, sorry to tell you that yes, in the celebrity world there are designations, from A to D, to describe the status of actors. It's also a pop culture point of reference so if you have a problem with people using the term then take it up with the internet police, not those of us posting on a fucking gossip thread. Y

No one is raving about her fucking siblings either, all of whom are disturbed individuals, something they have in common with Meghan. So I don't know why you're conflating different issues.

by Anonymousreply 344April 27, 2019 2:59 AM

R344 LOL.

Meghan had help. Everybody gets help. Most academics don't start from nothing. In the US education system, it's likely they lived in neighbourhoods with adequate or above average school districts. They may start out with parents who at least had college education and can help them navigate the system. They had some support to pursue graduate education rather than seek adequately paid employment as soon as possible. They may have had help the secure an internship or meet an academic advisor. It's help in various forms.

My general point is that Meghan's success as an actress is comparable to those who make achieve moderate success but do not achieve the greatest heights. It's fine but not spectacular.

Since I made no reference to you (or anyone) specifically, I'm not sure why you're so triggered. If you don't like my point of view you can simply ignore it.

by Anonymousreply 345April 27, 2019 3:16 AM

R341, What about the diplomat uncle in Argentina? What about her father? And who knows what other relatives you just shat on? How do you know how hard they worked? Just because they didn’t open a suitcase on a game show or marry a prince they’re lazy?

No doubt Meghan has hustle. But she was a C-list actress at best.

by Anonymousreply 346April 27, 2019 3:25 AM

Markle had a minor part on a cable show not widely watched, THAT HER HUSBAND GOT FOR HER. So no, the 40 year old Suitcase Girl was not doing "fine."

by Anonymousreply 347April 27, 2019 3:31 AM

Who cares if she was a C-list or a D-list actress? She’s kinda moved beyond that now. Why even argue the point? It doesn’t matter.

by Anonymousreply 348April 27, 2019 3:34 AM

R347, she’s not even 40 now, let alone when she started on Suits. She did fine, not amazing, but fine. Geez.

by Anonymousreply 349April 27, 2019 3:36 AM

R346 Meghan is a princes of England. She has surpassed even her diplomat uncle in wealth and fame.

I was thinking of her immediate family in terms of hard work and moderate success. I concede that there may be many members of the Markle and Ragland families who may be hardworking and have achieved moderate success in their chosen field. Point taken.

R347 see my comment at R345 about many people getting help. She managed to hold on to the bit part in the basic cable show, pay her bills and move on in life. You may not consider than fine but I hold a different opinion on the matter.

by Anonymousreply 350April 27, 2019 3:36 AM

^^^ Princess

by Anonymousreply 351April 27, 2019 3:37 AM

Oops before the title and peerage monitors come for me, I think the correct title is "Princess of the United Kingdom"

Many apologies to the posters for whom it matters.

by Anonymousreply 352April 27, 2019 3:43 AM

I, for one, would love to know what Princess Anne really thinks of MM.

by Anonymousreply 353April 27, 2019 3:50 AM

There's some fucking idiot going back to Part 41 and WW-ing all the posts. Anyone else getting them?

He's the new "found a way to be incredibly annoying" troll.

by Anonymousreply 354April 27, 2019 3:53 AM

R333 is right. She’s a world-class mountaineer, one of the all-time greats.

by Anonymousreply 355April 27, 2019 3:56 AM

R343 Vicky or Alfie would be cute.

by Anonymousreply 356April 27, 2019 3:57 AM

[quote] Many apologies to the posters for whom it matters.

You go through the trouble of using "whom" but you can't get the preposition right. It's "to whom," not "for whom."

by Anonymousreply 357April 27, 2019 3:59 AM

R357 LOL I know, right. I didn't want to make another correction post so I said "fuck it"

by Anonymousreply 358April 27, 2019 4:06 AM

Did MM's mother, Doria, really take off one day with some yoga guy, leaving Meghan to be raised by her father, or is that just a baseless rumor?

by Anonymousreply 359April 27, 2019 4:10 AM

I get a very distant, disconnected, and cold vibe from Doria.

So far, people tend to read this as “dignified.”

But I wonder.

by Anonymousreply 360April 27, 2019 4:12 AM

I agree r360, never got the dignified, angelic vibe from Doria, definitely leaned towards cold for me to.

If Pa Markle is to be believed, she's the one who advised her baby girl not to bother with people who can't do anything for you.

by Anonymousreply 361April 27, 2019 4:16 AM

[quote]she's the one who advised her baby girl not to bother with people who can't do anything for you.

That's VERY L.A.

by Anonymousreply 362April 27, 2019 4:20 AM

R353 I picture Anne as....bemused.

by Anonymousreply 363April 27, 2019 4:22 AM

R353 I'd be surprised if Anne thinks of Meghan at all.

by Anonymousreply 364April 27, 2019 4:25 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 365April 27, 2019 4:25 AM

It looks like Doria's getting ready for takeoff in that photo @ R365.

by Anonymousreply 366April 27, 2019 4:30 AM

Interesting, the tweet at R291 has disappeared.

by Anonymousreply 367April 27, 2019 4:36 AM

R365, she looks "special" in that photo.

by Anonymousreply 368April 27, 2019 4:51 AM

The photo at R365 is from Meghan's uncle. It's release suggests he's still salty about not getting a wedding invitation.

by Anonymousreply 369April 27, 2019 4:54 AM

Haha just noticed .....baby in the photo, can be authenticated, just look at the scrawny bird legs. How old was she when gave birth? She appears quite young, like a kid holding baby. I really doubt she was a professional makeup artist at that time.

by Anonymousreply 370April 27, 2019 4:55 AM

Which one of the lovely ladies looks special r368?

by Anonymousreply 371April 27, 2019 4:57 AM

Doria does seem distant. I don’t feel mother and child vibe when I see them together. Maybe after she had M she realized motherhood was not for her? Which is fine, at least didn’t have any more kids. Maybe the desertion, or distance, from mother is the origin of her narcissism?

When I saw Doria in the Church, she had dignity, but also a can’t believe she pulled this off and wanting to get out before they got to know the real M. Like, good luck, peace out, when does my plane leave?

by Anonymousreply 372April 27, 2019 5:04 AM

I found it very odd that Meghan neither invited her mother to her shower, nor did she take that private jet to go see her in the five days she was in the U.S. very strange for someone claiming to be "close" to her mother.

by Anonymousreply 373April 27, 2019 6:23 AM

MEghan is only out for herself, she is a social climber, she leaves people behind all the time, she stays with a man until a better one comes along and upgrades, that's been her MO. But I think Harry is the best she can do for now. Her mother is no different. If she thinks the mother will drag down her image, she will definitely cut her out.

by Anonymousreply 374April 27, 2019 6:33 AM

Her first husband Trevor gave her the job at Suits . And she paid him back with dropping him like a hot potato.. Nothing came from her own achievement . Everything she got in life came from the hands of a man . Her father gave her good tuition , her first husband gave her the job at Suits and PH gave her money and status . But oh i’m just the biggest feminist on this earth .

by Anonymousreply 375April 27, 2019 7:46 AM

Meghan’s whole personality makes more sense if she had a cold and emotionally distant mother...

by Anonymousreply 376April 27, 2019 8:23 AM

r374, it is true that Harry is the best she can do FOR NOW. Because I don’t think she’s found her soul mate and partner for life. He’s her springboard. I think she wants to leverage the royal connection to the next level. She’s got amazing fame now, but her hands are tied and there’s little money. She wants a billionaire like Ohanian or Clooney or Winfrey.

I’m cheering her on. I want her to do it.

by Anonymousreply 377April 27, 2019 9:07 AM

R375, Don't forget Corey who gave her access to the Dim Prince. He was responsible for catering at the IG games. She tagged along to meet him. And passed him her fucking phone number.

by Anonymousreply 378April 27, 2019 9:13 AM

Yes, good luck and Godspeed, MM. As long as I don't have to hear about you, read about you, or support you with my taxes.

by Anonymousreply 379April 27, 2019 9:15 AM

I don't think she will ever have a soul mate as a partner. As a friend, maybe. Like her friend, Markus Anderson. But, love and relationship-wise, I don't think she's cut out for a long term relationship or marriage. Long term anything, in fact. Itchy feet syndrome.

by Anonymousreply 380April 27, 2019 9:17 AM

Wondering if Storm Hannah has cut down the wifi at Swampy Hollow #PleaseGod

by Anonymousreply 381April 27, 2019 9:20 AM

Obviously not, R381, as "friends" are leaking. And we all know what that means.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 382April 27, 2019 9:28 AM

^^^^^^ PRINCE HARRY lived as a “prisoner” in Kensington Palace for months before meeting Meghan Markle and finding his life companion, a friend of the Duke of Sussex claimed.

What friend? He hasn't got any left.

by Anonymousreply 383April 27, 2019 9:30 AM

Meghan has infamy not fame. Add that to her weird body and unattractive manly face and I can't see anyone interested in her, especially men who can get any woman they want.

by Anonymousreply 384April 27, 2019 9:40 AM

R384 Everything you said plus she’s pretty much near her expiration date. She’s not getting any younger and soon enough, only men Rupert Murdoch’s age would find her exciting.

by Anonymousreply 385April 27, 2019 9:54 AM

I have faith in MM's pulling power. She'll land buttered side up.

by Anonymousreply 386April 27, 2019 9:57 AM

Never mind teeth, this baby is going to be born walking ., by the looks of things.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 387April 27, 2019 10:04 AM

Yes and with a handprint on his head If she is the mother 😂

by Anonymousreply 388April 27, 2019 10:36 AM

Dianus, Earl of Dumbarton

by Anonymousreply 389April 27, 2019 10:52 AM

Frogmella Diana, The People's Princess, Future Global Queen of Hearts.

by Anonymousreply 390April 27, 2019 11:00 AM

What about Buffy, as in the BRF slayer? Buffy Sussex, or Bex.

by Anonymousreply 391April 27, 2019 11:14 AM

Sounds about right.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 392April 27, 2019 11:48 AM

I KNEW I'd seen that jaw before....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 393April 27, 2019 11:49 AM

R382., friends as in Megs is leaking, but really, what did he do without a girlfriend for two years? And he couldn’t snag one all of that time? Seems like he must have had action,

by Anonymousreply 394April 27, 2019 11:54 AM

Having a self image as a victim who was hard done by does not get one far in life, never mind to happiness. Bad things are simply a part of life, none can avoid them. Combined with the reality of his astonishing privilege and it seems mental. She clearly stokes it, it is part of her control over him, no doubt.

by Anonymousreply 395April 27, 2019 12:05 PM

Megs likes to be a victim, too. Depending on the press / the day of the week / the DM comments....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 396April 27, 2019 12:15 PM

R395, agreed and shows yet again Dimwit is spoiled. A prisoner? Really? He has no need for a job. So why not do some real humanitarian work and volunteer and work at soup kitchen/tutor/museum docent. Please.

by Anonymousreply 397April 27, 2019 12:17 PM

He wasn't imprisoned for years, such Meg spin. He was off, all the time, be it in Africa, or wherever. She should know, she stalked him enough. So easy to see that the imprisonment angle is her work.

by Anonymousreply 398April 27, 2019 12:21 PM

And R398, probably getting as many ladies as he wanted. Does MM even use her PR for guidance? That leak was not flattering to PH at all!

by Anonymousreply 399April 27, 2019 12:24 PM

Didn't he choose to live in Nottingham Cottage when the Cambridges moved out? For more freedom? To get pissed and stoned, probably.

by Anonymousreply 400April 27, 2019 12:25 PM

He must have enjoyed bachelor life. All that polo, and women hanging around. All those trips abroad, and women hanging around. All those private clubs, and women hanging around. He was hardly sex starved. Look at Vegas.

by Anonymousreply 401April 27, 2019 12:29 PM

Yes, she does use her crap PR for guidance. They are on the same wavelength anyway, all subpar product.

by Anonymousreply 402April 27, 2019 12:29 PM

The Daily Express thinks we are on the wrong track, so come on, playful African middle names, please.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 403April 27, 2019 12:37 PM

That article makes it sound like Prince Harry was so lonely he would have married the first woman who came along. If it's her PR, she needs to do better.

I don't believe it anyway. Harry had his social circle and well as Eugenie and Beatrice. Also, weren't Harry and Chelsy hooking up again before he met Meghan?

by Anonymousreply 404April 27, 2019 12:37 PM

I wonder what he was searching for, when he called Chelsy the night before the wedding? The spin by Markle was it was to tell her " Not allowed! " at the evening reception. But I'm sure she had that memo months in advance. Only half of Hollywood were allowed to that.

by Anonymousreply 405April 27, 2019 12:45 PM

Fox News being "fair and balanced." Worth a read. Relax haters, it's not like it's Cryptonite

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 406April 27, 2019 12:47 PM

I know the "not allowed" video has been posted on here already, but I've never been able to access it on here. Can someone post the link itself (in the post, not the "web site link" bar). I'm curious to see it, but find it to be un-google-able.

I've watched the entrance vid many times and can't hear it. At least can someone tell me at what point does William say "not allowed"?

by Anonymousreply 407April 27, 2019 12:54 PM

Guys, too, R401. Adam is HOT!

Her PR is often quite unflattering to her hubs. She seems to hold him in contempt and wants the rest of us to do so as well, apparently.

by Anonymousreply 408April 27, 2019 12:55 PM

Fox is quoting Katie Nicholl, a Vanity Fair royal correspondent, who is on the publicity trail for her new book about Harry and Meghan. It's funny because the Celebitchy posters often claim that Katie is in Carol Middleton's pocket.

by Anonymousreply 409April 27, 2019 12:57 PM

R407, watch starting at 2:00 or so. Meghan begins to step to keep up with Charles and that's when the supposed "Not Allowed!" is barked by William.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 410April 27, 2019 1:00 PM

Thank you, R410. Wow. Admittedly the context is unclear, but if it's an admonition to Meghan, it's pretty devastating. What an ice-cold tone. LOL!

by Anonymousreply 411April 27, 2019 1:04 PM

The staff running up to contain them was clearly planned for. She is shameless.

by Anonymousreply 412April 27, 2019 1:05 PM

Adam IS hot! Maybe Haz will go to Africa alone.

by Anonymousreply 413April 27, 2019 1:05 PM

Hmmm in the video at r410 it seems as though Charles gave a sort of nod to Harry and Meghan to follow him. They probably got confused. But whatever.... it can’t be an honest mistake it has to be Meghan making a grab for the throne.

by Anonymousreply 414April 27, 2019 1:06 PM

Harry clearly stays behind to walk behind Will and Kate. It's Meghan trying to engage with Charles and step ahead of the Cambridges. She knows that's Not Allowed!

by Anonymousreply 415April 27, 2019 1:12 PM

Thing is, she shouldn't have been there. She should have been seated, with Anne, with the rest of them. This was for the the Prince of Wales, the future PoW, The Queen, and spouses. She clung on that viewing party, hence the staff up in arms.

by Anonymousreply 416April 27, 2019 1:14 PM

I'm loving barking Not Allowed! in such random places, myself.

by Anonymousreply 417April 27, 2019 1:15 PM

Plus that video at r410 happened months ago and was talked about ad nauseam. But let’s talk about it some more since it proves what a horrible person she is. Now I expect the Megaloons on this thread to call me a Sugar. At least I’m sane.

Whatever with the video. It wasn’t like she’s invaded Poland. She and Harry made a mistake in a stupid ritual.

by Anonymousreply 418April 27, 2019 1:16 PM

But Harry knows NOT to make a mistake.

by Anonymousreply 419April 27, 2019 1:17 PM

This is back from R382 ’s posted article..

“Even if he was buzzing from performing in front of the adoring crowds, this development in his personal circumstances simply underlined the void in his life.”

The “adoring crowds” part cracks me up. Seemed a necessary detail, clearly.

by Anonymousreply 420April 27, 2019 1:18 PM

Not like we don't revisit things all the time here, R418.

by Anonymousreply 421April 27, 2019 1:18 PM

Wtf, Harry the Rockstar, lol.

by Anonymousreply 422April 27, 2019 1:19 PM

R410, thanks for posting that. Gave me a good laugh. I thought the admonition was just as much for Harry as it was for Meghan.

In all fairness, I was confused by the fact that they were all a group but Harry and Meg were not allowed to look at the shit on the table? Were they not supposed to even enter the room? Then again, I’m a clueless American. Then again, I would have asked what was expected of me, and followed instructions.

by Anonymousreply 423April 27, 2019 1:21 PM

Poor Harry was becoming a veritable recluse until saved by his She-Ra in shining armor.

by Anonymousreply 424April 27, 2019 1:22 PM

Right up there with Mick Jagger!

by Anonymousreply 425April 27, 2019 1:22 PM

Not if your oft stated goal is to SHAKE THINGS UP, R423.

by Anonymousreply 426April 27, 2019 1:23 PM

Good point, r426. What I see happening is Meghan trying to be classy and proper. But when she puts a foot wrong, that’s the go-to explanation. She’s modern! She is defying useless stuffy tradition! She’s dragging the Royal Family into the 21st century with her feminist ways.

Phooey.

by Anonymousreply 427April 27, 2019 1:26 PM

R420, the work "performing" is an interesting choice as well.

by Anonymousreply 428April 27, 2019 1:27 PM

R265 It was Edward IV who had his brother Clarence executed for treason, and he allowed Clarence to chose his means of death, hence the drowning in the barrel of malmsey wine. Clarence was married to a daughter of the Richard Neville, 16th Earl of Warwick, and conspired with Warwick to take Edward's throne. Richard III grew up in Neville's household and married his other daughter, Anne. By all accounts, Anne was much loved by Richard and she is buried in a place of honor in Westminster Abbey despite the fact that her father was a traitor.

by Anonymousreply 429April 27, 2019 1:38 PM

Oof.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 430April 27, 2019 1:47 PM

Nope, the goal is to brand build and it is cloaked in modernizing and shaking things up, all stated explicitly.

When did she try to act classy and proper? I must have missed it.

by Anonymousreply 431April 27, 2019 1:48 PM

The taxpayer of the UK mistakenly believed that Harry represented the BRF.

When did he become a performer?

To whose benefit?

by Anonymousreply 432April 27, 2019 1:49 PM

Home birth it is?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 433April 27, 2019 1:51 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 434April 27, 2019 1:52 PM

No, that is not being a prisoner – he could leave anytime he wanted and invite any friends he wanted. He had security so was not in any danger other than from his own juvenile needy boy syndrome that he has every opportunity to resolve. He could have left the royal family and taken up a career and earned his own living and made his own way in life but he wants it all and then throws it back in their faces all the while complaining.

I’ve met women who literally could not leave their homes because of the high crime rate in drug ridden housing schemes and had to wait until a relative came to house sit before they could go to the shops, doctors or anywhere else. As soon as they left a house unattended the junkies came in and cleared it out. This is normal everyday life for thousands in this country and it is a national disgrace. THEY WERE AND ARE GENUINE PRISONERS IN THEIR OWN HOME SO SORRY HARRY NOT FALLING FOR THIS STORY. He has top security, many friends and no shortage of places to go and people to see.

by Anonymousreply 435April 27, 2019 1:54 PM

We have all known people like Harry, albeit less privileged. He is unlikely to ever change. A petulant, resentful boy in the body of an aging man.

Narcissists suck.

by Anonymousreply 436April 27, 2019 1:57 PM

R429 - Yes, I know. Historically, that is the case, and in fact, Clarence rather deserved it. But I was referring to the Bard's mesmerising if historically totally inaccurate portrait of Richard III, who is portrayed as being behind Edward's suspicions about George. Remember the "G" that is mentioned in the prophecy that Edward thinks stands for George (Clarence's first name) when of course Richard's was Gloucester.

Richard was held to be behind Edward's murder of his brother, just as he was held to be responsible for the murder of the two little Princes in the Tower (my guess it was Buckingham, frankly).

But in fact Clarence had been meddling and conspiring behind the scenes and remember had switched sides a couple of times at least, and richly deserved his fate.

by Anonymousreply 437April 27, 2019 1:59 PM

With these 2 as parents and Chuck as the grandparent, I fear this child has no chance. What cousins or family friends will it grow up spending time with, share memories with? Regardless of who it comes out of or how much $ it may end up with, seems like the odds for a happy life are poor already. Shame he used such poor judgement in picking a wife. Had he married someone who shared the goals of the BRF it would all have been 180 degrees different.

She is after quick attention, negative preferred. Better to isolate him and to justify bouncing before too long. She has contempt for him, one of the 4 horsemen of divorce. It is publicly expressed in her PR. Double ruh-roh.

by Anonymousreply 438April 27, 2019 2:00 PM

R428 - I didn’t even think about that! Good point. Pretty sure he said something Meghan being prepared or up for the role or job in the engagement interview too... went and found the quote:

“The fact that she, I know that the fact that she'll be really unbelievably good at the job part of it as well is almost is a huge relief to me because she'll be able to deal with everything else that comes with it.”

I’m not saying there isn’t a “job” component of being a royal (disagree on amount of actual work involved maybe). But interesting if Harry thinks of those public appearances as performances. And also. She has failed at being “unbelievably good at the job”; so sorry, Harry.

by Anonymousreply 439April 27, 2019 2:03 PM

Comment on Harry being a prisoner at KP:

[quote]. They should have kept him there

by Anonymousreply 440April 27, 2019 2:15 PM

r306 Arguably similar to the different attitudes and treatment that the press gave Fergie for her misdeeds compared to other royals.

by Anonymousreply 441April 27, 2019 2:29 PM

I do not believe that Fergie wanted to bring down the BRF or to build a brand at their expense as a primary goal.

by Anonymousreply 442April 27, 2019 2:39 PM

R225 Aretha is a Greek name, dear. Not everything is a conspiracy.

by Anonymousreply 443April 27, 2019 2:42 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 444April 27, 2019 2:43 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 445April 27, 2019 2:47 PM

r442 That is not the point being made. The point being made is the harsh difference in moral treatment by the press for transgressions like adultery or being seen as vulgar or letting the Royal family down of people who marry into the royal family and people who are born into it. Princess Margaret and even Prince Charles arguably behaved morally much worse than Fergie but she is the one who has been ostracised by the british press as shameful. If Prince William commits adultery and Meghan commits adultery (not together) morally there is no good reason why he should be protected and she should be villianised for it. Its double standards and moral hypocrisy.

by Anonymousreply 446April 27, 2019 2:52 PM

Siren r443, that’s what they were referring to. Sure.

by Anonymousreply 447April 27, 2019 2:52 PM

Hah, siren=sure at r447. I’m sure r447 is complimented though.

by Anonymousreply 448April 27, 2019 2:54 PM

Ok I’m done for today, second r447 at r448 should have said r443.

by Anonymousreply 449April 27, 2019 2:55 PM

R446 - the reason for the hypocrisy...

The males are BORN into the Royal Family so they get away with all types of shitty behavior. The females MARRY into the Royal Family so they're "outsiders" who better behave or they'll be cut loose. There is also a question of legitimacy of any children born from these marriages so the ladies better keep their panties on or else.

by Anonymousreply 450April 27, 2019 2:58 PM

r450 I'm well aware of the rationale for the hypocrisy but it's still worth pointing out it's hypocrisy and outdated moral reasoning.

Plus since when has Princess Margaret been male? A lot of her worst misbehaviour didn't come out at the time the press knew and some not until after she'd died. It's not also just about being born into the royal family. I bet the press has covered far more sexual misbehaviour by Prince Philip than Fergie has ever indulged in when she was married into the royal family.

Treating the misbehaviour of more easily dispensable members of the royal family as a million times worse than the less dispensable ones indicates great moral hypocrisy at its worst. That may just be the way it is but it should be challenged and pointed out rather than accepted as OK.

by Anonymousreply 451April 27, 2019 3:04 PM

r451 ^^Sorry I meant the press has covered up far more of Prince Philips misbehaviour.

by Anonymousreply 452April 27, 2019 3:07 PM

R410 In the video most people are looking at Harry and Megs and how they are held back but it's better to watch Wills and Camilla, turn the sound up. At about 2:23 William realises what Haz and Markle are up to and tries to get Kate's attention and tries to cock block them. At 2:34 Camilla is on to Megs and starts whispering to William, can't hear all Wills says back but you can hear him say ...to get attention. Then Wills pretends to be interested and point but you can clearly hear Camiila say it's so awkward! William and Camilla are so annoyed with the pushy twits behaviour

by Anonymousreply 453April 27, 2019 3:07 PM

William's **scary** note inside Charlotte's playroom.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 454April 27, 2019 3:15 PM

The problem is that since Phillip's retirement, the BRF hasn't had a family enforcer. It looks like William is stepping up to take on that role, but he's not quite there yet.

by Anonymousreply 455April 27, 2019 3:26 PM

I keep thinking that all is going to pot, without Phillip R455, but it does look like William is making moves in that direction. Even if it earns him a bit of a reputation, rather to be known as strong, rather than weak.

by Anonymousreply 456April 27, 2019 3:29 PM

R410. Also before William loudly says "not allowed" Sparkles is told off by Charles. She is all flirty and smiley but watch her face when he turns to her and says something she doesn't like. It wipes that maniacal grin off her face and you see her get flustered.

by Anonymousreply 457April 27, 2019 3:29 PM

That story about Harry being a prisoner in KP - just another step on the road to totally emasculating him.

By the time this episode ends whatever affection the public held for Harry will be greatly diminish if not dissolved.

He's looking more and more like a Sad Sack.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 458April 27, 2019 3:32 PM

In the investiture video, Sparkle very dramatically says, “YEEEEEEEEES” in a faux deep, serious tone.

I’m dying to know what she was responding to!

by Anonymousreply 459April 27, 2019 3:34 PM

And again

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 460April 27, 2019 3:35 PM

Harry the Handbag. And she's not even giving him the dignity of being a Dior handbag. H&M tat.

by Anonymousreply 461April 27, 2019 3:36 PM

The revealing Investiture video continues, when the innocent and unknowing Sussexes actually try to leave the room in front of the Queen. They planned for that though, and a footman rushes up to stop Hazbean and hold them there until the group exited.

by Anonymousreply 462April 27, 2019 3:39 PM

You know, I find I'm actually thawing out a little after all these years, re: Camilla. Really couldn't foresee this happening a few years ago. Funny how things change.

by Anonymousreply 463April 27, 2019 3:40 PM

Same.

by Anonymousreply 464April 27, 2019 3:40 PM

Not sure which is more obnoxious— the article’s claim that Harry can’t stand to be alone (the hallmark of a true idiot is not enjoying time alone.)

OR

The fact that MM in the article is basically making fun of Harry for hanging out alone. (We can agree the article camefromher, yes?)

She strikes me as someone who wants to be constantly entertained and would mock a more homebody type for hanging out at home.

by Anonymousreply 465April 27, 2019 3:42 PM

I love how Camilla stops dead in her tracks when she rounds the corner and sees those two assholes lying in wait. 😂

by Anonymousreply 466April 27, 2019 3:44 PM

There was a clip posted here recently, within the last two weeks I think. It was taken with a smartphone and it showed MM in her Suits years. She's sitting indoors at a bar or restaurant, across the table with a person on either side of her (women I think). It's a close up view, just her and the two others in the frame. I think she's just listening to someone talk but when she catches sight of the camera, her whole demeanor changes and she tucks her chin down and looks into the camera wide-eyed like she switched into "I'm so sexy" mode. It's a trick of acting I know but the thing is, she was totally serious. She wasn't on set, she was out with friends. She wasn't playing it up for laughs. It was very calculated.

I'd like to see the clip again to see if I'm remembering it correctly. I saw it here or maybe LSA. It factors in to why she's so controversial. For 15-20 years, her go-to persona was sexy babe. a few years ago, she added an allotment of charitable endeavors but she can't shake the sexy babe instinct. I guess it comes from growing up in LA. Trouble is, that's the antithesis of the BRF.

by Anonymousreply 467April 27, 2019 3:45 PM

I would expect that all these public appearances are choreographed so that everyone involved knows where the cameras will be, where to stand, when to shift to the next room. The speed at which those footmen(?) come up, leads me to believe that Sparkle and Dim just decided to ignore those instructions and station themselves in the doorway.

This kind of behavior would, of course, throw off everyone's else's movements.

And if you are someone who just wants to get in the shot and doesn't care about disrupting the whole picture, you might bet that the others will not cause a fuss and let you get away with your shenanigans.

Trouble is, though, that you have exposed yourself as someone who will not follow the instructions and therefore, minders will henceforth be assigned to be sure you are standing, moving, etc as you are supposed to do and not anywhere else.

by Anonymousreply 468April 27, 2019 3:48 PM

R466 I didn't notice that but Camilla really does stop when she sees them. I get the feeling they should have been in the other room with the lesser royals and guests but they arrogantly decided they should be there with Charles and the Queen. LOL Charles and William basically told them to F off. The best is William saying "obviously for attention and Camilla's loud whisper of " its so awkward".

by Anonymousreply 469April 27, 2019 3:59 PM

Yes, they were supposed to be sitting in the next room with the others.

by Anonymousreply 470April 27, 2019 4:11 PM

Said it before and will say it again: the difference between Meghan and Kate is that Kate is one generation removed from the hungry "Wannabee" smell, but Meghan is first-generation "Wannabee" and she reeks of it, and in British top-tier social circles, that's disastrous. The narcissism and craving of hourly assurance of her value and ruthlessness where self-promotion are add-ons to what in someone less psychologically damaged would be simply understandable social ambition. Carole Middleton is a perfect example harbouring those ambitions but smart enough to leave the baggage at the door. She stayed completely quiet whilst Kate hung on to William for 8 years, through thick and thin. And once in, Kate behaved, for the most part, perfectly.

Meghan, however, having fulfilled her social ambitions as far as possible, is never going to have to think about money again, has a title, will have children with titles even if they aren't HRHs, will live a life unimaginable to 99% of the planet - yet can't stop the self-promotion and competitive shit - and that's the product of her narcissism, not her ambition. Ambition is a common enough characteristic.

A social climber who gets there and then does what she's expected to do isn't objectionable. Meghan, however, can't control herself. The intensifying branding of herself and her husband is what is objectionable because, fundamentally, who really gives a fuck? It's so nakedly about them and especially her, and not the work, which, like the BRF, is just a stepping-stone to the attention Meghan craves.

My personal fantasy is that Charles dies unexpectedly either before the Queen or ten minutes after becoming King, and William then has no contraints from above telling him to make a show of familly unity or else . . . and starts cutting the Sussexes down to size.

In that eventuality, my prediction is that Harry and Meghan announce they are leaving the BRF to become private citizens, Harry waives his rights and his children's rights to the succession, and they go on their merry way.

by Anonymousreply 471April 27, 2019 4:16 PM

The mature William is turning into Phillip, part 2: The ruthlessness, the snobbery, the infidelity. That's not necessarily a bad thing, as someone has to be the family hammer. The BRF also needs an iron-fist-in-velvet-glove type, like the Queen Mum. I wonder if Kate has the stones to become that.

by Anonymousreply 472April 27, 2019 4:21 PM

[quote]Girl: Victoria Diana. "Vicky." Boy: Alfred Charles. "Alfie."

That's terribly English. I can't see Megantoinette going for that. Not her parlance and she isn't even trying to integrate into the country.

by Anonymousreply 473April 27, 2019 4:22 PM

Princess Eugenie of York looking like a prim and proper lady.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 474April 27, 2019 4:23 PM

Darlings, can someone link to the video with William's 'to get attention' and Camilla's "It's so awkward.'

by Anonymousreply 475April 27, 2019 4:27 PM

Maybe Camilla is the iron-fist-in-a-velvet-glove now, r472. At least, kinda.

I tend to think Kate really dislikes conflict in a family, and tries to avoid scenes, just breezing past them like she doesn't notice them, much like The Queen.

by Anonymousreply 476April 27, 2019 4:27 PM

I think she will try to dump Dim. I do not see it lasting. She has contempt for him and frames him as ridiculous and pathetic. She will get to play the victim when it is over, her favorite role.

by Anonymousreply 477April 27, 2019 4:31 PM

Kate isn't quite secure enough to be any kind of enforcer. Also, it would be weird to have both family enforcers (ruthless dick and iron fist/velvet-glove) in one marriage. William being like Phillip and Kate being like Elizabeth makes sense. A Queen Mum type would have to be married to a more passive and needy person, like George VI. Which means the Camilla theory might make sense: Prince Charles always wanted a wife who was bossy and supportive, like his grandmother.

by Anonymousreply 478April 27, 2019 4:31 PM

R474 - That's a sweet photo of Eugenie. Of the two York girls, she is definitely the more likely candidate to be moved forward as "something" goes on with the Sussexes that is still wrapped in foggy surmising. She's prettier, appears less feckless, under 30, and recently married.

by Anonymousreply 479April 27, 2019 4:32 PM

If Eugenie produces a couple of photogenic babies, she's in like Flynn.

by Anonymousreply 480April 27, 2019 4:34 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 481April 27, 2019 4:35 PM

R478 - "Security" has nothing to do with it. Kate has no business being the family "enforcer". She's a future Queen consort, not an Heir in her own right. The Queen is a different matter, she's a Queen Regnant, and Philip was a far different creature from Kate and a man of a different era, and the Queen allowed Philip to take on the position of the family power as he felt emasculated enough having to walk behind her, figuratively and literally.

The gender issues and the era were completely different.

by Anonymousreply 482April 27, 2019 4:36 PM

I've thought for a while now that William is a bit of a prick. There was a moment at Eugenie's wedding where the bridesmaids and page boys were walking down the aisle, and you could see most of the royals (including Kate) smiling at them, but William stayed stony-faced. I know it's a small thing, but seriously, wouldn't you instinctively smile at your young kids when you saw them as part of the wedding party?

by Anonymousreply 483April 27, 2019 4:38 PM

R453 after watching the clip about 10 times as if it were the Zapruder film, I see you are absolutely right. It’s very sotto voce, but yes, William says “to get attention,” and then Camila whispers “so awkward.” I suppose it could be about something else but it’s exactly the kind of shitty thing you whisper about pushy relatives.

What stands out for me in this clip is the way Harry and Meghan are starkly positioned right at the door, indeed making themselves the center of attention.

by Anonymousreply 484April 27, 2019 4:39 PM

Kate met this little boy and when he died she wrote to his mother.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 485April 27, 2019 4:39 PM

Princes Andrew and Edward were very close to Princess Margaret's children, David and Sarah Armstrong Jones growing up. Here they're all on the royal yacht Brittania.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 486April 27, 2019 4:41 PM

Lady Sarah is close to the Queen as well. She was never a looker but she seems to be a nice person judging by her interviews.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 487April 27, 2019 4:42 PM

I see your point, R482, but the Queen Mum wasn't the heir either, and she wielded a great deal of power behind the scenes. However, I agree that Enforcer, velvet-gloved or otherwise, is not a role Kate will ever take on. Anyway, she won't need to: William is developing into the role quite nicely, and he WILL be King.

by Anonymousreply 488April 27, 2019 4:42 PM

What cousins will Sohobebe grow up with?

by Anonymousreply 489April 27, 2019 4:43 PM

I'm glad William has balls - someone in the family should have some strength of will. God knows his brother Harry has lost his balls when he married Duchess Yoko.

by Anonymousreply 490April 27, 2019 4:44 PM

That video at R410 is amazing: You can tell something is really wrong by the odd and hesitant body language of the Royals, who generally know precisely how to enter a room. Charles was surprised and off-kilter by the presence of Harry and Meghan by the door, as the Sussexes were supposed to be seated in the next room like the other minor royals. It took William and the handlers combined to sort everything out, but everyone except the Queen looks discombobulated.

For those curious about the Camilla/William exchange about awkwardness and attention, it comes in at about 2:35. I had to turn the sound all the way up to hear it, but it's definitely there.

by Anonymousreply 491April 27, 2019 4:48 PM

Besides having a lot of Phillip's personality in him, William is also half Spencer, and some of those men were truly terrifying. Diana's grandfather wasn't known as the Red Earl simply because of his coloring. His temper was legendary.

It's not surprising that Meghan's PR campaign is focused on branding William a cheater: She knows he's the real enemy. If Charles dies before the Queen or even soon after the Queen, the Sussexes are toast.

by Anonymousreply 492April 27, 2019 4:50 PM

Well let’s face it, in ye olde tymes Kings had to be made of very ruthless stuff, waging war and lopping off heads and whatnot. Some of that must still be in the blood.

by Anonymousreply 493April 27, 2019 4:52 PM

The royals have had a pretty good decade, publicity-wise. The main stories have been weddings and the births of cute kids. The "scandals", like Kate being photographed topless, have been exceptionally tame in comparison to all the drama of the 90s. But on the horizon, we have:

- rumours of William's infidelity

- Beatrice's potential marriage to a man who seems quite dodgy

- turbulence in the Sussex marriage (let's be honest, they got married VERY quickly, considering that their relationship had been long-distance before their engagement. They're loved-up at the moment, but I doubt it'll be plain sailing for them in the future)

- Charles and Camilla becoming king and queen (Charles is nowhere near as respected as his mother and Camilla, while certainly not as hated as she once was, still isn't massively popular)

- the Cambridge kids becoming teenagers towards the end of the decade and, as royal teens tend to do, rebelling in public

Looks like UK taxpayers will be getting their money's worth for the soap opera...

by Anonymousreply 494April 27, 2019 4:58 PM

William's ruthless behavior was evident even as a baby . . .

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 495April 27, 2019 4:59 PM

THIS! Motha Fucka here! You can talk about the Duchess all you want, I don't mind. But, this motha fucka here playing the poor wounded sparrow when word got out that Margaret was fucking Roddy is the very HEIGHT of GRIFTING. He married her to best and impress his mother, who by all accounts was the cuntiest snob who ever cuntily snobbed. THIS motha fucka frontin' like no other in this press conference. He, who continued to slobber on all sorts of chicks and DICKS before and during the engagement, and still more so after and all the while of the marriage - THIS motha fucka put the grift in Grifter.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 496April 27, 2019 5:00 PM

R491 And the *way* they whisper these things - Will murmurs “to get attention” and then swiftly does an “oh look” toward the stuff on the table. Then Camilla says “so awkward” between her teeth as she walks away staring straight ahead.

by Anonymousreply 497April 27, 2019 5:02 PM

Yeah, Snowdon was a slut of the highest order: When he was a young man, a friend said of him that 'if it moves, he'll have it.' This continued throughout his marriage to Margaret, throughout his marriage to his second wife, and into old age. Apparently he was getting it on even when he was ancient and confined to a wheelchair. A legendary libido. Which might have been forgivable, if he hadn't been such an emotionally abusive twat. This was the man who left his wife hate notes comparing her to a Jewish manicurist and telling her how much he despised her.

by Anonymousreply 498April 27, 2019 5:02 PM

Yes, R497, the fact that Camilla and William forgot themselves right in front of the cameras shows how shaken everyone was by the whole exercise.

by Anonymousreply 499April 27, 2019 5:04 PM

The Will-Harry dynamic is on display in the first 10 seconds of this adorable video. Will pounding away on the piano, Harry grinning for the crowd. Will gets exasperated with him and barks, “HAR-ry!”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 500April 27, 2019 5:07 PM

Anyone remember that delicious photo of Wills staring down at MeAgain's dress in a church? Dim is in the background staring at Wills.

by Anonymousreply 501April 27, 2019 5:07 PM

King William the Barker!

by Anonymousreply 502April 27, 2019 5:08 PM

Please find said photo and share with the group.

His wife has nicer tits, tho.

by Anonymousreply 503April 27, 2019 5:11 PM

Say what you like about Fergie but I don't think she is malicious. I think she acts more out of foolishness or haplessness rather than malice or scheming.

by Anonymousreply 504April 27, 2019 5:12 PM

Me-Gain is the literal personification of malice and scheming.

Kate will be Queen, her husband will be rich, she has adorable kids and nicer tits, what is not to hate?

What year did feminist Megs get her implants out?

by Anonymousreply 505April 27, 2019 5:18 PM

I'd like to know if Harry and Meghan were told beforehand that they are to sit with the others? And that the viewing of the documents was to be just the ones to be King one day and their wives. And they ignored it? Or maybe they simply thought they were included? Later at the church service, Harry and Meghan are seated with the Queen and William.

The whole thing seems to be petty to me. And everybody's part.

by Anonymousreply 506April 27, 2019 5:18 PM

Not the photo I was referring to but found this one snapped on the same day. Wills is **not** impressed with MM.

R501

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 507April 27, 2019 5:20 PM

The infamous scarfing, lol.

by Anonymousreply 508April 27, 2019 5:22 PM

In the photo at R507, Will looks fierce and mean. I hope he is not mean to Kate.

by Anonymousreply 509April 27, 2019 5:22 PM

Watching the Not Allowed video, I could not help but wonder about Harry. To deliberately provoke discord in your family, in front of cameras, what is that experience like for him? She loves the attention, she has the mentality of a teen. But just this past week, in his appearance with Kate, his behaviour and affect were very different.

by Anonymousreply 510April 27, 2019 5:24 PM

R506 My guess, the plan was for a commemorative photograph of the present and future monarchs and Princes of Wales and their spouses (minus Philip, of course), together reviewing the Prince of Wales historical artifacts. Harry and Meghan basically ruined the shot.

by Anonymousreply 511April 27, 2019 5:28 PM

It's William's job to keep everyone in line. He's protecting his turf. Nothing wrong with that. Also it shows that he cares and gives two shits about the Royal family business, unlike Harry who is only concerned about partying and drinking...

by Anonymousreply 512April 27, 2019 5:28 PM

The thing that is truly odd about that video (R410) is Harry gesturing to Charles to go into the room. "After you".

WTF?

by Anonymousreply 513April 27, 2019 5:30 PM

In the past he was concerned with partying, now he is concerned with building the brand Markle wants. At the expense of his family, he seems happy to burn it all down, the relationships and the business.

by Anonymousreply 514April 27, 2019 5:31 PM

Wills. Ignoring the b****.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 515April 27, 2019 5:31 PM

Shame that they, and the kids, had to miss out on a nice Christmas with the Middletons. To achieve WHAT, exactly?

by Anonymousreply 516April 27, 2019 5:33 PM

R510, I suspect that Harry enjoys watching Meghan antagonize his family. She’s a proxy for him. She’s doing the things he wants to do, but doesn’t have the balls to. He’s resentful about his place in the line of accession and being the spare, so he enjoys sticking it to them via Meghan.

He’s not even aware he’s doing it.

by Anonymousreply 517April 27, 2019 5:33 PM

^^ ascension. Whoops.

by Anonymousreply 518April 27, 2019 5:34 PM

How does that square with his demeanor at the event with Kate this week, R517?

by Anonymousreply 519April 27, 2019 5:34 PM

Any guesses as to Will's underwear style?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 520April 27, 2019 5:35 PM

Actually, Harry looks a little shook about the whole thing. Especially after Prince Charles speaks to him. He then kind of gets it and panics and waits in the room to be escorted out. I don't think Harry knew what was up at all. Now he knows not to assume he's in the picture. She will never get it. But maybe Harry needs to ask what the protocol the day is before the event starts!

by Anonymousreply 521April 27, 2019 5:38 PM

Little Louis does look like a 55 year old Romanian grape picker.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 522April 27, 2019 5:39 PM

R519, how was his demeanor this week? I saw him looking cordial with Kate. I’d say he has no beef with Kate herself. She’s not the one who treats him as the spare. He didn’t cheat on his mother or treat her with contempt. He probably doesn’t like the way his wife treats Kate, but won’t dare tell her that. He’s probably being punished as I write this, for reaching out for that little olive twig and betraying Meghan.

by Anonymousreply 523April 27, 2019 5:41 PM

MM "feels sorry for Kate" lol

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 524April 27, 2019 5:41 PM

Captions at 515's photo -

William: You pushy bitch!

Meghan: Are you not talking to me! Well I never!

Harry: On no, now she's done it.

Charles: Fuck!

by Anonymousreply 525April 27, 2019 5:44 PM

Will’s job, or future job, may look cushy. But imagine if during his reign, World War III or serious civil unrest breaks out or something. He probably thinks about these things, and it must weigh heavily. Thousands of years of tradition, I for one wouldn’t want to carry that. Maybe he’s decided, ‘I’ll be dutiful but I better be tough. Oh, and may as well enjoy some of the perks.’

by Anonymousreply 526April 27, 2019 5:47 PM

Kate Middleton has lost her looks.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 527April 27, 2019 5:47 PM

How about Markle-Mountbatten-Windsor for a feminist twist to the surname?

by Anonymousreply 528April 27, 2019 5:54 PM

They won’t dare name their daughter Diana. Imagine how that would frost Charles and Camilla.

by Anonymousreply 529April 27, 2019 5:54 PM

R527 Meghan would kill for hair like that.

by Anonymousreply 530April 27, 2019 6:10 PM

Does anybody else find the thought of alpha-dick William rather hot? Just me? Okay.

by Anonymousreply 531April 27, 2019 6:16 PM

R513, the way I read that exchange was Charles looking at Harry like "WTF are you doing here?" Everybody must have known that the table walk was just for the monarch and heirs. Harry's 'after you' gesture could be read as puckish or even bratty: "I'm here, Dad. What are you gonna do about it?"

Then William and the aides stepped in, and Harry saw what they were going to do about it.

by Anonymousreply 532April 27, 2019 6:19 PM

PC meets Hiddles, dec.'18

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 533April 27, 2019 6:20 PM

William went to Eton with both Eddie Redmayne and Hiddleston. Hiddleston said he didn't run in William's circle. No idea if Redmayne did.

by Anonymousreply 534April 27, 2019 6:22 PM

Here's the deal. These folks, the BRF, don't give a good goddamn about family relations in public. In public, they're all about PROTOCOL. And they take that PROTOCOL shit VERY, VERY SERIOUSLY. Yes. They're all about "I go first, you come after me, and so and so after you, and so and so after so and so. If bitch and bastard have no reason to be there, then bitch and bastard need to get the fuck on, NOW! MOVE! NOW! I don't want to see you right now! Even if it's a case of father and son, Charles would be extremely perturbed by having someone in the vicinity who is NOT supposed to be there because it's contrary to the accepted/EXPECTED form. You're fucking up the FORM. The optic. The image of the BRF is the most important thing. R410's video shows everything that I'm writing about.

"The British Royal Family has but one objective: To Survive." Meghan Markle is playing with fire. Meghan Markle is treating her inclusion in the family as if it were her role in "Suits." She is jokeying for more airtime. She wants more lines. More exposure. She's willing to fuck the Producer to get a story-line built around her character. SHE DOES NOT GET IT! This is NOT some bull-shit role being played out on some fly-by-night cable channel. The British Monarch is a world renown HEAD..........OF..........STATE! and as a member of that Monarch's family, she has but one role to play - SUPPORTING role. That's it. They want nothing else from her. Okay. I now throw my hands into the air and say most resolutely "Fuck her." I was rooting for her, but it's obvious that she doesn't get it simply because "getting it" would work against her own, personal objective. She's a dumb-ass. And they're getting fed up with her shit. In R410's video, we can agree that had SHE not been there, then Harry would have been waiting in the other room as he was supposed to be. What happened? "Surely, they don't mean US when they said all the other MINOR Royals should be waiting in the other room, right Harry?" - Meghan.

Meghan - you in danguh, girl.

by Anonymousreply 535April 27, 2019 6:31 PM

I've done more Zapruder-ing of the "not allowed bark" video. When Camilla asks Will something with her back turned to the camera at 2:40, I think he says, "She doesn't know. Or it's to get attention." Any other interpretations?

So many things about the video amuse me. The way the flustered handlers rush in......how Kate knows what's up and just grins sweetly like, "Oh shit, haha".....Will's disgusted smirk.....the way Camilla grits her teeth when she mutters, "It's awkward," sounding like Patsy Stone. A very subtle comedic scene.

by Anonymousreply 536April 27, 2019 6:41 PM

Meghan is going to end up booted out on her yoga-toned ass within 3-5 years and never have the first real clue of why they wouldn't accept her. She'll attribute it to misogyny and racism during her personal victim tour (in service of her best-selling memoir). She may even believe that's true. She'll never, ever understand that it was mostly attributable to her inability to stay in her goddamn lane.

by Anonymousreply 537April 27, 2019 6:42 PM

R536, I think that IS what William said. I find the most amusing part the way the Royals spill into the room in such a higgledy-piggledy fashion, so unlike their usual smooth glide. This is what happens when protocol isn't followed: They have no idea where to go or what to do, and that's why they take protocol so seriously.

by Anonymousreply 538April 27, 2019 6:44 PM

In the part of the video at the end, when they're seated, both Harry and Meghan look upset.

by Anonymousreply 539April 27, 2019 6:45 PM

I can hear to get attention from Will. But can’t hear the nit allowed. And those footmen are scurrying, I do hear the yessss from MM and her trying to make small talk to walk in w PC.

by Anonymousreply 540April 27, 2019 6:45 PM

This week the Duchess of Gloucester attended some special awards at the Lawn tennis association.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 541April 27, 2019 6:46 PM

^ They were not supposed to be a part of that optic. Harry knows the deal. She persuaded him to go against his own better judgement, and the well-known wishes of the rest of those assembled. It's all in that video. They're going to give her a hell of a slap-down one day. Somebody (probably William) is going to jump out of a funky bag on her ass and tell her for once and for all what exactly is up. Then she's going to play the victim. Harry needs to grow some balls and put/keep that chick in check. It's all in that video - her own expectation fueled by her extreme narcissism is betraying her. She's too self-centered to realize it.

by Anonymousreply 542April 27, 2019 6:47 PM

R540, 'not allowed' is right at 2:11/2:12. You'll have to crank the sound to hear it, probably.

by Anonymousreply 543April 27, 2019 6:48 PM

If they can't do anything for me, why should I care?

by Anonymousreply 544April 27, 2019 6:49 PM

William's cold, flat, contemptuous tone is evident even in the fuzzy audio. I'd love someone with video production skills to isolate the sound further. Who knows what we would hear?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 545April 27, 2019 6:52 PM

[quote]William is also half Spencer, and some of those men were truly terrifying. Diana's grandfather wasn't known as the Red Earl simply because of his coloring. His temper was legendary.

R492 William looks like his grandfather, down to the chipmunk cheeks. Let's not forget the Diana's brother - whose wife became anorexic during their engagement and marriage. Lord Spencer responded by ridiculing how skinny she was.

[quote] In the photo at [R507], Will looks fierce and mean. I hope he is not mean to Kate.

[509] He may be. In the video, while Will is scarfing Kate comes up to him, nods and goes to the welcome to look busy. She probably handles him well.

by Anonymousreply 546April 27, 2019 6:52 PM

Whoever commented upthread about Alpha Dick Will - agree, I think I like it. This is going to get GOOD.

by Anonymousreply 547April 27, 2019 6:53 PM

Phillip 2.0?

by Anonymousreply 548April 27, 2019 6:54 PM

MM feels sorry for Kate!

Baby Sussex — the soon-to-be-born child of Prince Harry and Meghan Markle, the Duke and Duchess of Sussex — will be seventh in line for the throne. But don’t expect this child to be anything less than a prince or princess.

Although Queen Elizabeth’s daughter, Princess Anne, opted for her children (and, therefore, grandchildren) not to bear such royal honorifics, sources told The Post that Meghan likely won’t give up the lofty title.

“All royal ranks are at the Queen’s discretion and Princess Anne set an interesting precedent by choosing to raise her children without any royal titles at all,” said Patrick Jephson, the former chief aide to Harry’s mother, Princess Diana. “[But] my guess is that Harry and Meghan’s child will already be a prince or princess by the time we see the first photo.”

According to friends of Meghan’s, who agree the baby will almost certainly be bestowed a title, the California-born actress and her husband have opted not to find out if they are having a boy or a girl.

The tot will also have dual nationality, as the first British royal to meet the criteria for US citizenship.

Meghan is reportedly planning a home birth and without the Queen’s household doctors, Alan Farthing and Guy Thorpe-Beeston, widely considered to be among the best in the business. The duchess will, however, have a helicopter on standby at the Sussexes’ new Windsor home, Frogmore Cottage, should she need to rush to a local hospital.

Since her wedding to Prince Harry in May 2018, the former “Suits” star has rewritten the royal rule book: from walking herself partway down the matrimonial aisle to not planning to pose for public photos shortly after giving birth — and even waiting to announce the baby’s arrival.

In fact, one friend of Meghan’s told The Post that the duchess, a committed feminist, actually “felt sorry” for her sister-in-law, Kate Middleton, having to face the world’s media — while wearing a dress, heels and impeccable hair and makeup — mere hours after giving birth.

Instead, Meghan and Harry released a statement, reading in part: “Their Royal Highnesses have taken a personal decision to keep the plans around the arrival of their baby private. The Duke and Duchess look forward to sharing the exciting news with everyone once they have had an opportunity to celebrate privately as a new family.”

It’s expected they will pose for a photo call at Windsor Castle on their own schedule.

“They’re basically conducting the birth in virtual secrecy. I think it’s a bit foolish,” said Duncan Larcombe, former royal editor at The Sun. “Harry absolutely hates being the subject of speculation, and this just shows his petulance to the media . . . it’s just a shame.”

Friends said that Meghan wants to emulate the warm mothering she received from her yoga-teacher mom, Doria Ragland, who has already left her Los Angeles home to be on hand for the birth.

A friend of the family told The Post: “Meghan and Doria are like two peas in a pod. Both perfectionists, both can be controlling, but they know their own minds for sure! They just like things the way they like them. Everyone in the family says that when they’re together, Harry — who is extremely fond of Doria — will have to take a back seat. He won’t be able to get a word in edgewise.”

Meanwhile, a friend of Meghan’s estranged father, Thomas Markle, said the former “Married With Children” lighting director, who has been in ill health recently, is “devastated” at the prospect of never meeting his grandchild.

The father and daughter infamously fell out just days before the wedding when it was revealed Markle had been staging and selling ­paparazzi photos.

The friend said Thomas, who lives in the beach town of Rosarito, Mexico, “has spent the past year going over everything again and again in his head. He feels that the punishment does not fit the crime. He cannot understand why Meghan won’t talk to him. All he wants, all he dreams of, is meeting his grandchild. He is totally and utterly devastated.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 549April 27, 2019 6:55 PM

Not to be a picky bitch, but the Red Earl was Diana's great-uncle John, half-brother to her great-grandfather Charles, who succeeded to the title when John Spencer died without legitimate issue. But the stories of the Spencer temper are accurate, and William seems to have it.

by Anonymousreply 550April 27, 2019 6:56 PM

“While Doria is there, he won’t even know when the baby arrives until the rest of the world is told.”

The two were extremely close when Meghan was little, and, according to the Thomas friend, he claims he paid for his daughter’s education at Northwestern University, as well as covering her car and rent when she returned to LA after school. Things began to go downhill, the friend said, when Meghan later moved to Toronto to film “Suits.” Thomas does not like to travel and, unlike Doria, he didn’t visit his daughter.

The Thomas friend said that Meghan’s “can-do” and sometimes “controlling” attitude was instilled in her not just by Doria, but also by her father, who wanted her to feel proud of her biracial heritage.

“He wanted her to feel she could achieve anything. You have to remember, at the time that Thomas and Doria were together, inter­racial relationships weren’t so common and they faced hardships,” added the Thomas friend. “Now he really thinks that Meghan is ashamed of him.”

Baby Sussex will make history as the first royal of African-American heritage, something Meghan and Harry are hugely proud of. In 2015, Meghan wrote how, “when asked to choose my ethnicity in a questionnaire as in my seventh grade class, or these days to check ‘Other,’ I simply say: ‘Sorry, world, this is not [the TV show] ‘Lost’ and I am not one of The Others. I am enough ­exactly as I am.’ ”

Doria will have her own special bedroom at Frogmore Cottage, which received a six-month, $4 million renovation, believed to have been spearheaded by Soho House interior designer Vicky Charles, a favorite of Harry and Meghan’s friends George and Amal Clooney.

Complete with green-energy utilities, a springy “floating floor” (perfect for Doria and Meghan’s yoga) and nontoxic paint, the cottage is said to marry English and California style.

Meghan plans to return to work commitments, including patronage charities Mayhew (animal welfare) and the National Theatre, after just three months — a not-unusual amount of time for Americans but considered rather short in England. (Middleton, the Duchess of Cambridge, took six months of maternity leave after each of her children was born.) Enlarge Image Frogmore CottageFrogmore CottageGetty Images

Former Royal Editor Larcombe points out that this timing will ensure that Meghan misses a planned early June state dinner for Donald Trump.

“I’m told that there are no plans for Meghan to meet President Trump,” said Larcombe. “Not as a snub [but] — how shall we say — it’s a quite convenient period of maternity leave.”

While campaigning for Hillary Clinton, Meghan called Trump “misogynistic” and “divisive.”

It is not known if Harry will attend the dinner, although Prince William — England’s future king — is expected. Baby Sussex, it’s hoped, will mark a fresh start for the royal family amid reports of a reported fractured relationship between the brothers. The alleged rift has been attributed to everything from William having warned his sibling to take things slow with Meghan during their courtship, to rumors of William possibly having a mistress.

(A palace source said that such rumors are “false, hurtful and defamatory.” Meanwhile, another insider told The Post that “the rift is not as huge as some have made it out to be” and that the brothers sat and joked together in church on Easter Sunday, which was also the Queen’s 93rd birthday.)

As for recent reports that Meghan and Harry are being lined up for a new role that could see them moving to Africa, a highly placed royal source told The Post: “I wouldn’t be surprised if things are put on ice. It’s impossible to exaggerate how the new arrival will affect Meghan and Harry. I’m hearing nothing supporting the argument that an actual move away is in the cards.”

by Anonymousreply 551April 27, 2019 6:57 PM

Don't Charles and Harry both have tempers as well?

by Anonymousreply 552April 27, 2019 6:57 PM

Has anyone noticed that Markle talks to herself, or mimes talking, but pretends she is engaged in conversation with more senior Royals , when she spots the cameras? It's fantastic when you watch videos, especially. She spots a camera, tilts her head towards the nearest senior Royal she could get to....and well, talks to herself. But, she must be miming. Because not one of them takes any notice. She mime talks, for the flash bulbs, ha.

by Anonymousreply 553April 27, 2019 6:58 PM

That article above is such bullshit. If Meghan valued her privacy, she'd do the standard baby photo op a few hours after the birth and get it over with. She's creating MORE publicity and MORE hunger for photos of the baby by holding off the press, and she damn well knows it.

by Anonymousreply 554April 27, 2019 6:59 PM

Penny Junor on Charles:

[quote] Yes, he is spoilt, he is petulant, he is pampered, and there is no denying he takes everything but the kitchen sink when he goes to stay away home for any length to time. He also has a terrible temper and has a great tendency to feel sorry for himself. I have been writing all these for years, and so have others. There are no extraordinary revelations there

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 555April 27, 2019 6:59 PM

"Friend of Meghan" = PR hireling.

by Anonymousreply 556April 27, 2019 7:00 PM

There are no letters patent, it is a matter of public record. The child has not been given a title by the Queen. This PR tactic did not work re: Doria & Christmas either.

Does she not learn?

by Anonymousreply 557April 27, 2019 7:02 PM

She feels sorry for Kate. That’s rich.

by Anonymousreply 558April 27, 2019 7:02 PM

That article is also desperate to squish the Africa rumors. No way in hell will Meghan let herself be shunted off to Lesotho.

by Anonymousreply 559April 27, 2019 7:04 PM

MM is daring to be different. Hitting the ground running. Up at 5, notes in hand. Planning. Plotting. Standing out.

by Anonymousreply 560April 27, 2019 7:04 PM

R557, haha, right? That tactic isn’t going to work.

IF and when the Queen issues whatever it is to grant the SoHoBebe a title, we’d KNOW it. MM would be crowing far and wide. Not that I begrudge an innocent baby a royal title, but just because MM expects it, I hope QE withholds it. I’m sure she is hesitating because H&M aren’t comporting themselves royally, and can’t be trusted to raise the child to behave royally, either.

by Anonymousreply 561April 27, 2019 7:08 PM

Man, Meghan is really gunning for William and Kate.

by Anonymousreply 562April 27, 2019 7:09 PM

I'd bet money that there will be no letters patent. Baby Sussex will become an HRH when Charles becomes King, and not a minute earlier. If Charles predeceases HM, it will never happen.

by Anonymousreply 563April 27, 2019 7:10 PM

For the Cambridges, LP were issued in the first trimester, It is not going to happen for Soho bebe.

Originally the narrative was that Dim and Rach had rejected it.

Now they are doing a 180 so as to whip up their stans, by setting the expectation for it to happen after someone gives birth to Soho bebe. Of course it will not, but then they will lash out.

I do wonder if she is a plant to take down the monarchy. Her actions are consistent with that goal.

All this hypnotic we are with you is cultish.

by Anonymousreply 564April 27, 2019 7:11 PM

I never believed the surrogate rumors, but the home birth with no doctors present IS weird. Especially for a geriatric first pregnancy, where any number of things could go wrong.

by Anonymousreply 565April 27, 2019 7:17 PM

Nothing ever adds up with Meghan Markle, r565.

by Anonymousreply 566April 27, 2019 7:19 PM

And unlimited funds to pay for both home birth and the best doctors to hang around Frogmore. It is weird.

And lol at the hint for a title. If none is granted, the twitter verse will be pissed and claim racism.

by Anonymousreply 567April 27, 2019 7:20 PM

I think she was a pregnant bride and gave birth a couple of months ago. She’s been pulling a Katie Holmes pillow trick ever since.

by Anonymousreply 568April 27, 2019 7:22 PM

If there are serious complications, the best doctor around won't be able to do much without the resources of a real hospital. Look what happened to Sophie Wessex. Even with a helicopter, there might not be time to intervene. I'm not saying she's using a surrogate, but her need to differentiate herself from the other Royal women here is shortsighted and foolhardy.

by Anonymousreply 569April 27, 2019 7:23 PM

Ok, one more comment about the "Not Allowed" video, which I did see when it first emerged, but only now am fully appreciating. The awkward dilemma is, H&M do the whole "after you" move and start to go in, but then are told in so many words - no, wait, you're not supposed to go. So there they are, stuck halfway in the room. What now? They can't retreat back to the previous room. Should they just drift along behind the senior royals? Not allowed! Proceed ahead to the next room? Wait in the background all by themselves, looking like losers? They're stranded. That's when the handlers race in. It's all just very silly, and so easily preventable. I don't get how, having grown up in this milieu, Harry wouldn't have known how things are done. Seated in church, M blinks rapidly, perhaps calculating the error?

The rest of the video makes me think how dull it must be at times to be royal. You have to listen to an endless parade of bores drone on, all thinking they're being exceptionally fascinating, while you nod and smile and make polite chatter. It must be excruciating after a while. Some say being royal isn't "work," but that part of it strikes me as a mild form of torture, utterly draining. I did enjoy seeing King William being very forceful and alpha in conversation. And I was entertained by Meghan's quasi-British intonations, "Oh yes, blah blah as well.....when we saw you last..." I'm not even criticizing her, it's sort of cute.

by Anonymousreply 570April 27, 2019 7:23 PM

A helicopter waiting, in case things go wrong?

Her vanity projects always end up burdening to British people with completely unnecessary added costs, just so she can stand out.

by Anonymousreply 571April 27, 2019 7:24 PM

Can we have a part 43 thread, please? This one is rapidly approaching the cliff.

by Anonymousreply 572April 27, 2019 7:26 PM

William lost his beautiful hair, and his beautiful bone structure is buried under middle-aged spread, but power is always appealing. I, for one, would bang Alpha Dick William.

by Anonymousreply 573April 27, 2019 7:27 PM

R570, Yes the small talk must be excruciating. And why Will and Harry had a challenge finding a mate to put up with it.

by Anonymousreply 574April 27, 2019 7:27 PM

Tina Brown said something about Royal service being like taking all the most boring parts of any normal job, and THAT'S the job. Nothing interesting or inspiring about it. It's the price they pay for their lives of total luxury outside of service.

by Anonymousreply 575April 27, 2019 7:29 PM

They KNEW that they were not to be in the room. It was a calculated power play, not a miscalculation.

She was seething that it was blocked. She may also have heard William and Camilla talking about them.

Narcs do not like looking bad publicly, even if they instigated it!

by Anonymousreply 576April 27, 2019 7:31 PM

Please post here on Part 42 until the thread reaches 600.

Here is Part 43 to continue.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 577April 27, 2019 7:34 PM

Might have already been said but I'm not scrolling through 300 posts to find out, but the Queen doesn't pay for OFFICIAL Royal Tours...the British taxpayer does. An official tour is a WORKING event not a private/personal one, to promote the UK and the Commonwealth and the Crown.

The Queen or Prince Charles aren't writing out checks for airfares and security and hotels for anyone to go on an official tour...the idea is absurd. I think the government even picks up some of the cost of the wardrobe for an official tour.

Now, if they're on a private holiday, that's a different kettle of fish....though Margaret was notorious for booking "official" visits near Mustique to get the government to pay for part of her many holidays.

by Anonymousreply 578April 27, 2019 7:37 PM

Yes, R574, and frankly I totally see how Meghan looked very good for the job, on paper. She does have many of the right qualities – pretty, smart, speaks well, extroverted, hardworking, comfortable on camera. If only she'd be patient, grow into the role (which is what it is), and take advice and direction, which after the Diana debacle I can only imagine the RF have been more than willing to provide. She would truly earn the admiration she seeks. Real admiration, not the "you go, girl" fan nonsense.

by Anonymousreply 579April 27, 2019 7:37 PM

I can't wait to see all of this dramatized in about 20 years. You know it will be.

by Anonymousreply 580April 27, 2019 7:38 PM

Harry knows better. He'd better put a stop to his wife making him look like a chump all the time. Somebody needs to help him out. Chicks like Meghan will never respect the man who gives in to all her whims. He'd better take a few pages from Phil's book to know how it's done, though the Queen was certainly never a Meghan Markle. Phil's Coat of Arms, established at the time of the marriage in 1947, still has me LMAO every time I see it!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 581April 27, 2019 7:38 PM

I wonder if Meghan hasn't yet grown out of the actress mindset: You have to make it NOW, because the clock is always ticking on your fuckability. She doesn't seem to see that she can relax, especially once she's given Harry the requisite two kids. This is a job for life, and if she plays her cards right, she could be relevant for a very long time, as the only Royal person of color and the wife of Prince Harry, son of the beloved Princess Diana. There is no expiration date on her role unless she makes one by being obnoxious.

by Anonymousreply 582April 27, 2019 7:41 PM

That "not allowed" video is just cringeworthy and it's obvious that Meghan is trying to just sneak in, against the protocol, while chatting to Charles.

by Anonymousreply 583April 27, 2019 7:41 PM

She probably talked her way into quite a few VIP rooms in LA. The tragedy of Meghan is not seeing the difference between Skybar and Buckingham Palace.

by Anonymousreply 584April 27, 2019 7:42 PM

R581, is that SERIOUSLY Phillip's coat of arms? It has a caveman on it!

by Anonymousreply 585April 27, 2019 7:43 PM

That is seriously Phil's coat of arms. It's funny to me because of the way his character on the left is looking over at the Queen's character on the right while holding a club. The Queen is the lion. Note the lion on Phil's loin cloth. Haha.

by Anonymousreply 586April 27, 2019 7:46 PM

Well the Queen apparently did not raise pedo Andy very well - he became a globetrotting teen groper and grifter/hanger on to wealthy Middle Easterners.

Haha, Meghan can't comport herself royally. That is a funny one when she has Andrew as a role model. And her own Harry - remember Las Vegas?

Seems like many members of the BRF need to attend a bootcamp on royal comportment.

by Anonymousreply 587April 27, 2019 7:48 PM

Andrew is not her role model. The experts hired to help ease her transition to royal life were her role models. And she ignored them all.

by Anonymousreply 588April 27, 2019 7:50 PM

Well, according to rumor Phillip DOES have a very big club . . .

by Anonymousreply 589April 27, 2019 7:51 PM

R587 Fuck off, you ranting twat.

by Anonymousreply 590April 27, 2019 7:52 PM

Rare archival footage of Doria and Meghan, circa 1992......

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 591April 27, 2019 7:54 PM

The lioness on Phillip's coat of arms has some serious scarlet nail varnish. I thought that was against Royal protocol!

by Anonymousreply 592April 27, 2019 7:58 PM

R581, I honestly thought that was a joke at first.

by Anonymousreply 593April 27, 2019 8:05 PM

Only a man whose masculinity is truly threatened puts a caveman on his coat of arms.

by Anonymousreply 594April 27, 2019 8:08 PM

R545, I hear:

Will: She doesn't know. Or it's to get attention. [Pointing to cameras] That's obviously what she saw. Camilla: It's awkward. Will: I know.

Harry seems to overhear Will say "She doesn't know," because he turns back and looks. Ouch.

Just my humble interpretation. I would love to hear the "not allowed" comments enhanced as Will enters the room.

by Anonymousreply 595April 27, 2019 8:09 PM

Damn R595, you have good ears or good speakers.

by Anonymousreply 596April 27, 2019 8:11 PM

Thanks, R595. William's clipped commentary is brutal. Wow, he really can't stand her.

by Anonymousreply 597April 27, 2019 8:11 PM

She had the hugest of holes in her tights at this event.

by Anonymousreply 598April 27, 2019 8:12 PM

In the R410 video, she and Harry both look miserable in the service after the table debacle. William looks grim. What a shitshow.

by Anonymousreply 599April 27, 2019 8:14 PM

Maybe now I feel sorry for her. Haz is too dim to instruct her... and his family thinks she is a hick.

by Anonymousreply 600April 27, 2019 8:16 PM

I didn't notice this the first 20 times I watched it, but at 2:24 on the video, after Will walks ahead of H &M toward the table, he turns his head all the around and looks back at them.

by Anonymousreply 601April 27, 2019 8:20 PM

Who else is waiting for the footage of the Queen going all Miss Ross on MM like she did with Annie Leibovitz?

by Anonymousreply 602April 27, 2019 8:44 PM

The video is on YouTube, search Royal family marks 50 years since Investiture of Prince of Wales

You can totally hear Camilla whisper 'so awkward' and I could make out W saying 'to get attention.'

Megantoinette and Dim lurk in the background the entire time, she has the glazed, dare I say awkward smile on her face throughout... no one seems to give them a glance. They definifitely weren't intended to be there.

by Anonymousreply 603April 27, 2019 9:24 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!