Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Boy oh boy, wondering about the Boise Boys designer Luke.

Happened to catch an episode of the home reno show Boise Boys, and I was, shall we say, somewhat mystified by co-host designer Luke. Apparently married, six kids, four of them adopted with special needs, home schooled. Based on those facts, you'd assume some kind of fundy-dad type, but boy oh boy, does Luke sound and look as gay as floral wallpaper. So what's his story? Does anybody know? And if you don't know, care to speculate?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34September 14, 2020 3:10 PM

I agree, but there's that family - hard to refute it.

by Anonymousreply 1April 24, 2019 3:53 AM

Uh, is the name of the show a clue? A pretty overt reference to the I famous 1955 Boise Boys gay sex scandal?

by Anonymousreply 2April 24, 2019 3:58 AM

Gay.

by Anonymousreply 3May 15, 2019 2:07 PM

Is he on the left or right?

by Anonymousreply 4May 15, 2019 2:14 PM

Mormon closet cases?

by Anonymousreply 5May 15, 2019 2:25 PM

Shes as gay as an Easter bonnet and the fat one is skeezy as fuck. He gives off fat pedo vibes big time. I dont care if that queen fucks pussy 3 times a day,hes as gay as a goose.

by Anonymousreply 6May 15, 2019 3:01 PM

Luke sort of reminds me of Shuga Cain from Drag Race.

by Anonymousreply 7May 15, 2019 3:14 PM

He's VERY religious. Insta pic of a rainbow with #Godspromise.

I'm guessing Luke & the wife are another "We fell in love in conversion therapy" couple.

by Anonymousreply 8May 15, 2019 3:38 PM

What a fresh, imaginative idea for a reality show. It truly is the new golden age of television.

by Anonymousreply 9May 15, 2019 3:39 PM

Hilarious, HGTV actually has a full 'apologia' on why you need to love this show. It holds our hand through the episode and tells us exactly which saccharine heart-warming moments are supposed to make us go aww and how to properly fall in love with the show.

For example: "Clint and Luke are all about their families... Luke takes his son Tucker with him to shop for tile. And both Boise Boys bring their boys to help build the treehouse. It’s heartwarming to watch Clint’s sons help Luke’s younger sons hammer in nails."

Aww!! My heart just exploded <3! And yes R6, if it's a thing, the hefty one has 'pervface'.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10May 15, 2019 3:55 PM

I'm watching it for the first time at this very moment. I cannot lie, I was surprised to see Luke was married with a big family. Both of them seem like nice guys.

by Anonymousreply 11May 15, 2019 3:58 PM

Oh honey

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12May 15, 2019 10:09 PM

everybody is unique. I dont know that they shove their born again crap down the viewers throats quite as nauseatingly as the Gaines of fixer up fame..................or infamy? The skinny one seems like a nice harmless guy, leave it alone.

by Anonymousreply 13May 15, 2019 11:07 PM

This couple isn't half as annoying as that Pushy-Philipino-Bitch or the painfully-squeaky-voiced-Barbie-Doll-with-bald-husband or the Ancient-Texan-Hags.

by Anonymousreply 14May 15, 2019 11:13 PM

They arent a "couple" R14. They are allegedly straight. Though I swear Ive seen the skinny one prancing around the bath house in leather nazi gear calling herself Dwan Wand !

by Anonymousreply 15May 16, 2019 12:00 AM

I just started watching this show. It certainly seems to gear to catch a gay audience. The title alone, reminiscent of the scandal. The boys' outfit (clothes and hair cut) have definitely been selected from gay instagram. Then the editing: One shrieking all the time while the other is accusing him of "being drama". Not sure if they're really gay. But the gay angle is certainly more than accidentally played up.

by Anonymousreply 16September 13, 2020 8:43 PM

The one on the right is SEX ON A STICK!!!!

by Anonymousreply 17September 13, 2020 8:45 PM

He's as gay as the floral display at a same-sex wedding!

by Anonymousreply 18September 13, 2020 8:47 PM

We have talked about him in the HGTV thread(s).

He definitely breaks my gaydar - Hipster, or Gay?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19September 13, 2020 9:04 PM

Is the one on the right special needs?

by Anonymousreply 20September 13, 2020 9:20 PM

no, just fat.

by Anonymousreply 21September 13, 2020 10:26 PM

Ugh, I didn't know Clint was on the Apprentice

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22September 13, 2020 10:29 PM

The skinny one in an ex gay conversionist. God you would think HGTV would vet these people

by Anonymousreply 23September 13, 2020 10:52 PM

R23 Are you certain on that?

I thought it was that his minister father was involved in that bullshit or something. There was a controversy about it when the show came out.

by Anonymousreply 24September 13, 2020 11:14 PM

The skinny one is a flaming homosexual and the fat, Downs-looking one is a typical reality show grifter. Case closed.

by Anonymousreply 25September 14, 2020 4:11 AM

The fat one's sons are all blond and cute. So was he in pictures when he was younger, not sure what happened

by Anonymousreply 26September 14, 2020 12:24 PM

It's called flyover aging disease, R26.

by Anonymousreply 27September 14, 2020 12:32 PM

I think they do vet these people and intentionally hire them. I think they are aiming for the fundie audience. Maybe because they watch television more often?

by Anonymousreply 28September 14, 2020 12:58 PM

r28, then they really hit the jackpot with this casting. They lure in the fundie and the gay community at the same time. These guy's interaction plays exactly into the dynamic that I find so funny in House Hunters (International) when the straight couple so clearly has a flaming husband. Sometimes that's the only interesting thing in an episode.

Closeted or not, I like both guys. In a different way I find them quite inspiring. Be they openly gay or not, they both ooze a genuine positive attitude that I can appreciate. And the designs they deliver usually is pretty appealing to me.

by Anonymousreply 29September 14, 2020 2:34 PM

HGTV has that weird fundie layer, for sure.

Its HQ moved some years ago to Tennessee and they have a few fundie stars, including Chip and Jo and that couple from Fixer to Fabulous. And Luke Caldwell of Boise Boys.

But they also have a big gay audience, too.

by Anonymousreply 30September 14, 2020 2:37 PM

Let me barf a few times before I leave this unnecessary thread. My mind should be used to wonder about better looking men.

by Anonymousreply 31September 14, 2020 2:43 PM

I enjoy seeing these queeny straight guys on TV--reminds the straights that not all straight men are butch and that not all gay men are femme.

by Anonymousreply 32September 14, 2020 2:47 PM

Luke has been around a cock before, I'm willing to bet on it

by Anonymousreply 33September 14, 2020 3:03 PM

Boishe Boysh! Musht-she teevee!

by Anonymousreply 34September 14, 2020 3:10 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!