Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

British Royal Family Gossip: Part 41

Omid Scobie asserts that the Sussexes aren't going anywhere except for a short stint and any decisions about their lives will be made by them and them alone.

The Omidifier is the mouthpiece for MeAgain.

Given that the Palace itself made the announcement about getting the Sussexes out of Dodge for awhile, his contradiction is amusing, to say the least.

by Anonymousreply 603April 26, 2019 1:33 AM

Baby Sussex is taking forever to appear! I can't wait for the DL threads. I've already bought my popcorn.

by Anonymousreply 1April 23, 2019 8:45 PM

Who cares about the tadpole appearing? I want info on the lot of them leaving.

by Anonymousreply 2April 23, 2019 8:47 PM

The thing is, i don't like her, but I don't really hate MEGalomaniac. She can't help herself, let's face she has always been this way and she won't change for the better. Just like dear hubby, Duke Dim. Contrary to popular belief, he has always been an entitled moron.

What I do HATE though is the legion of MEGalomaniac lunatics. Which in turn makes me dislike their obnoxious heroine.

by Anonymousreply 3April 23, 2019 8:49 PM

R1 - Well, they've missed the Queen's birthday, Louis's birthday, and (so far) St George's Day.

They can still make the Bard's (alleged) birthday on 26 April, though.

Unless, of course, she's already had it, which is quite possible.

by Anonymousreply 4April 23, 2019 8:49 PM

There is a duplicate Part 39 up now in the link. Don't be surprised if Part 41 is shut down.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5April 23, 2019 8:50 PM

There’s still April 29 (Cambridge anniversary) or Charlotte’s birthday (May 2).

by Anonymousreply 6April 23, 2019 8:51 PM

Be proactive and WW every comment whether you like it or not. Perhaps doing so will keep your thread alive.

by Anonymousreply 7April 23, 2019 8:54 PM

Thanks, R41. That still leaves the mystery of Who Killed Part 40?

by Anonymousreply 8April 23, 2019 8:55 PM

Meg lunatics did it, just like they did with the Dangling Tendrils threads.

Granted, I'm not into the surrogacy theories and stuff, but Meg's machinations need to be discussed.

Some don't like that.

by Anonymousreply 9April 23, 2019 8:57 PM

Who da fuq shuttin' da threads down? I see Ima have to go rogue on a ho and slap a bitch Windsor style!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10April 23, 2019 9:02 PM

The posts discussing narcissism are very interesting. One thing I didn't see mentioned was how the narcissist uses gaslighting to confuse their partner. It's insidious. They lie, their actions don't match their words, they deny they said something that they said and they project their feelings onto the partner. They mix in positive reinforcement. If Meghan is NPD, Harry is on a roller-coaster and his self-esteem will spiral downward because he'll always be off-balance and questioning his reality.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11April 23, 2019 9:02 PM

Africa doesn't want them.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12April 23, 2019 9:05 PM

If I were Africa, I'd tell them to stick their patronising shitshow right up where the sun will never shine.

by Anonymousreply 13April 23, 2019 9:06 PM

From Scobie's sycophantic column in HarperBazaar:

"Adds the Sussex friend, “Let’s be clear about one thing: Any decision the couple make about their future will be made by themselves for themselves. Harry and Meghan have always wanted to reach people on a global level and that is the only thing that’s motivating them. Aside from the Queen and Prince Charles, they’re not looking to other family members, or their teams, for guidance.”"

Right - in other words, the spin from the Sussexes is a mad rush to counteract the slightest suggestion that they aren't their own masters, that there have been any problems whatsoever between them and the rest of the BRF over Meghan's behaviour, and they're calling out Geidt and Manning as liars.

The article does, however, point out that BP has neither confirmed nor denied the basis of the story: that the BRF want the Sussexes "focussing" on work outside the UK.

by Anonymousreply 14April 23, 2019 9:07 PM

Ok, I have to ask a stupid question. I did search Post Guidelines but couldn't find it. Please tell me what the WW button does.

by Anonymousreply 15April 23, 2019 9:08 PM

"Aside from the Queen and Prince Charles...." that's a big eff you to everyone else, then. Charming. And she'snot even been a member of the firm for a year, yet!

by Anonymousreply 16April 23, 2019 9:10 PM

Along with the gaslighting there were whispers of concern about Yoga Meg insisting Haz cease taking depression medications. He's no angel but she is devious.

by Anonymousreply 17April 23, 2019 9:10 PM

DL patrons actually moderate the site through use of the WW and FF buttons. WW for liking a comment and FF for not liking a comment. So many FFs will shut a thread down and/or ban a member for a few days. Use your WW button for each comment to combat the trolls who FF constantly to get the thread shut down.

by Anonymousreply 18April 23, 2019 9:11 PM

R15, it's a like button. WW for Wit and Wisdom :-)

by Anonymousreply 19April 23, 2019 9:12 PM

And FF is Flames and Freaks. So a dislike button.

by Anonymousreply 20April 23, 2019 9:14 PM

Thank you, R18, R19 and R20. Is the common practice to use the WW button frequently or is it supposed to be reserved for posts considered above and beyond?

by Anonymousreply 21April 23, 2019 9:17 PM

The article at R12 is interesting. I didn't realize Phillip was such an avid hunter.

by Anonymousreply 22April 23, 2019 9:20 PM

R21 - Only speaking for myself here, I try to use FF sparingly, as I believe in free speech; shutting down threads due to disagreement is something I'm reluctant to do. I use the WW button much more frequently.

by Anonymousreply 23April 23, 2019 9:22 PM

R21 Did you not read R18?

by Anonymousreply 24April 23, 2019 9:22 PM

R22 - Both William and Harry have combined Wildlife Protection stances with quiet trips abroad to hunt. Philip at least had the cover of a different era when such activities were more accepted, and even Charles as a young man growing up in that tradition. But there's no excuse for William and Harry.

by Anonymousreply 25April 23, 2019 9:23 PM

R24, R21 here. Yes, I read R18, but I wanted to make sure that this is the common practice and not just one poster's opinion. Sometime people on this board disagree with one another.

by Anonymousreply 26April 23, 2019 9:28 PM

I'm sure Meghan has told Harry that hunting is now off-brand and completely unacceptable. Leather purses and shoes are another thing.

by Anonymousreply 27April 23, 2019 9:35 PM

Someone posted this on The Frogmore Thread:-

[quote]MM is very abusive, [[R324]]. I wish someone would re-post the link to video showing MM on some red carpet belittling and humiliating a reporter LIVE ON AIR.

Does anyone here have the link?

by Anonymousreply 28April 23, 2019 9:36 PM

The discussion on the previous Pt 40 thread re psychiatric disorders was very interesting and actually educational. I hope those posters find their way here to continue.

Prior thread was only closed but not deleted which is a positive sign. Please keep discussion of certain hot button topics (you know what they are) out of here and we'll be fine.

by Anonymousreply 29April 23, 2019 9:38 PM

There was a top notch thread some time ago about the 1954 visit to America of The Queen Mother. Full of wonderful clips like this.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30April 23, 2019 9:39 PM

Actually should have posted THIS first.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31April 23, 2019 9:40 PM

Here is the link, R28. At 4:44 or so he looks over her shoulder and she gets annoyed. At the end she calls him out for misspelling her name.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32April 23, 2019 9:41 PM

She had THE BEST TIME in NYC

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33April 23, 2019 9:41 PM

R28 , I think it was the video where sh snottily asked the reporter where he had studied. I'm sure I'll find it at some point...

by Anonymousreply 34April 23, 2019 9:42 PM

The Queen Mother appears peaceful in almost every pic. Always dressed to the NINES.

by Anonymousreply 35April 23, 2019 9:42 PM

Thank you, R32.

by Anonymousreply 36April 23, 2019 9:43 PM

[quote]Thank you, [R18], [R19] and [R20]. Is the common practice to use the WW button frequently or is it supposed to be reserved for posts considered above and beyond?

I think we only get two F&F votes per day (is that right, all?) so I try to save mine for egregious racism, etc. I'm not sure whether our W&W votes are limited.

by Anonymousreply 37April 23, 2019 9:43 PM

Have we all seen the new Piers Morgan article? I'm not sure which thread it was posted in. The moderators at the DM had a job on their hands, only two posts got through within the first hour, but it's filling up nicely, now.

by Anonymousreply 38April 23, 2019 9:47 PM

In the Queen Mother Arrives In New York clip, her aide keeps trying to get the Americans to bow to her..

by Anonymousreply 39April 23, 2019 9:50 PM

The Queen Mum looked rather glam in NYC in 1954 - you must admit it.

[quote]1954 Press Photo Queen Mother Elizabeth Commonwealth Ball New York -

and very regal

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40April 23, 2019 9:51 PM

Get your tiaras out R40!

by Anonymousreply 41April 23, 2019 9:52 PM

R38 - And we all know what a great job Meghan did of keeping Piers on side.

by Anonymousreply 42April 23, 2019 9:52 PM

She obviously LOVED being in America - she looked so happy

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43April 23, 2019 9:54 PM

R32 I've lived in the Los Angeles area and worked in education my entire life and never heard of Meghan's high school, Immaculate Heart, which is about 15 miles from where I reside. It is not noteworthy in a city littered with prominent private high schools. Also, Northwestern is not a popular destination for students from this area. I've never known any exceptional students from Southern California that were interested in attending or even applying to Northwestern. On paper, she appears to be educated, but I do not see exceptional intelligence in her writing, or life choices. Her true gift seems to be marketing herself and making connections. Sure seems like her father tried to give her the best he could provide and she really hasn't appreciated his efforts.

by Anonymousreply 44April 23, 2019 9:54 PM

Yikes. Piers better watch his back.

by Anonymousreply 45April 23, 2019 9:56 PM

[R32] She seems coked up in that video. Take a look at her jaw.

by Anonymousreply 46April 23, 2019 9:57 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47April 23, 2019 9:57 PM

Piers really went to town on the Sussexes in that DM piece.

By the time the media is through with this story, which, in the fashion to which we have all become accustomed, after leaking has only resulted in competing PR narratives from Celebitchy to the DM to Harper's, the whole brilliant plan will have to be thrown out by the Palace.

Back to Square One, one can hear the weary sighs from Manning and Geidt.

by Anonymousreply 48April 23, 2019 10:02 PM

R44, I agree that her writing and speaking don't indicate exceptional intelligence, but Northwestern is one of the top-ranked universities in the US so she's no dummy either.

by Anonymousreply 49April 23, 2019 10:02 PM

R44 - "Her true gift seems to be marketing herself and making connections."

In a word: yes.

by Anonymousreply 50April 23, 2019 10:03 PM

[quote]She obviously LOVED being in America - she looked so happy

Pancakes for breakfast with REAL maple syrup. Cheeseburgers for lunch. Crashing out in front of the TV at the end of the day, with popcorn, Tootsie Rolls and Tangerine Life Savers - what's not to love?

by Anonymousreply 51April 23, 2019 10:04 PM

Piers is still salty AF about not getting an invitation to the Sussex wedding.

by Anonymousreply 52April 23, 2019 10:04 PM

It is true Northwestern is a good school, but it's not as if she got a degree in Classics or was going in for pre-Med or pre-Law. She majored in Theatre, didn't she, with some poly sci thrown in? It's like Art History grads - it looks good on paper but compared to some other majors, was probably not that demanding.

by Anonymousreply 53April 23, 2019 10:06 PM

What's that about Art History grads?

Henchmen, ready the dungeons!

by Anonymousreply 54April 23, 2019 10:09 PM

R53 My understanding is that she had a double major in Theater and International Studies.

by Anonymousreply 55April 23, 2019 10:09 PM

She actually majored in Communication Studies. No Theatre. No double major. She's not managed to scrub that. Communication Studies...that's like a filler course in the UK, not great at all. Is it different in the US?

by Anonymousreply 56April 23, 2019 10:10 PM

In fact, I'll see if I can grab a pic tomorrow ( it's my bedtime here ), it's valid proof of her lies.

by Anonymousreply 57April 23, 2019 10:13 PM

R56, she graduated from Northwestern's College of Communications (as opposed to the College of Engineering or College of Arts & Sciences) with a double major in Theater and International Studies.

by Anonymousreply 58April 23, 2019 10:14 PM

Ha!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 59April 23, 2019 10:14 PM

[quote]The source added that there were serious fears Meghan could become ‘bigger than Princess Diana.’

[quote]Oh pur-lease….!

Dear Piers Morgan,

It's PUHLEASE!

If you're going to pick up American expressions, get it right.

by Anonymousreply 60April 23, 2019 10:17 PM

In my experience, most parents would be very proud if their child managed to get admitted to Northwestern and graduate with the double-major that Meghan possesses. I can't knock her degree.

by Anonymousreply 61April 23, 2019 10:17 PM

R54 - I knew someone would bring up Kate's degree . . .

by Anonymousreply 62April 23, 2019 10:18 PM

Hmmm, but I've seen the graduation lists. It really does only say Communication Studies. Listed under her full name, along with the other students. But without my pic, I can't prove anything, so I'll try and find it tomorrow .

by Anonymousreply 63April 23, 2019 10:20 PM

Thanks, R58. Frankly, I remain of the same opinion. But all right, it's still Northwestern, credit where due.

Just remember that David Cameron went to Eton and Oxford.

by Anonymousreply 64April 23, 2019 10:21 PM

R63, On the commencement circular, graduates are listed under the college they attended within the university, not the major they obtained within that college. Hence, Meghan's name would be listed on the circular under the College of Communication Studies, with no reference to her double major in Theater and International Studies.

by Anonymousreply 65April 23, 2019 10:25 PM

Theater, International Studies

Are these even 'real' studies?

by Anonymousreply 66April 23, 2019 10:30 PM

Gays and frauen, can we try to get other Royals up in this mix? I realize the Sussex Scandals are the meat and potatoes of gossip for the time being, but its attracting the undesirables at this point.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 67April 23, 2019 10:32 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 68April 23, 2019 10:35 PM

R67 - All right, then, back to the Queen Mum on tour.

Shortly after she became Queen, very much as Europe was on the brink of WWII, the Queen Elizabeth and King George VI were scheduled to visit France. The Queen's mother, the Countess of Strathmore, however, died just before the trip, leaving the Queen with a choice between not going at all (which the government didn't want her to do), or wearing black for the entire tour. Norman Hartnell, however, who had put together her clothes for the tour, reminded the Queen that white was also considered an appropriate colour for mourning, and turned the entire planned ensemble for the Queen's French visit white with very little time to spare.

The Queen's all-white tour clothes were a huge hit, much admired, as was her fluent French. There is one photograph of her on the tour at a garden party in a beautiful ostrich-feather trimmed white hat, but I can't find it.

by Anonymousreply 69April 23, 2019 10:39 PM

[quote]Gays and frauen, can we try to get other Royals up in this mix?

SURE!

Here's someone was don't seem to talk about much anymore.

We were nuts about her about 18 months ago.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 70April 23, 2019 10:42 PM

The Princess will have a word with you about that photo, R70

by Anonymousreply 71April 23, 2019 10:44 PM

R70 - Well, we know one royal who is definitely not only on the list of possible godparents.

Mother of sorrows, look at those beautiful sugarloaf cut (what look to be) Ceylon sapphires in the earrings!

I suppose they could be chalcedony, but . . . think not.

by Anonymousreply 72April 23, 2019 10:45 PM

Princess Michael's glamorous style

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 73April 23, 2019 10:45 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 74April 23, 2019 10:48 PM

Princess Anne came up with the name "Princess Pushy"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 75April 23, 2019 10:49 PM

R75 - I still like HM's name for her best: "Our Val" (short for Valkyrie).

by Anonymousreply 76April 23, 2019 10:51 PM

I hope when Trump comes for his state visit, The Queen serves him a bunch of fast food hamburgers.

by Anonymousreply 77April 23, 2019 10:52 PM

Has anyone watched the Channel 5 program "The Royal Family at War"?

by Anonymousreply 78April 23, 2019 10:53 PM

Well, all's well that ends well. Looks like SOMEONE will be moving to the colonies soon thanks to the lucky charms of my trusty talisman, er BROOCH! That's right - it's just a brooch.....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 79April 23, 2019 10:56 PM

Apparently Charles speaks fluent French too, at least according to Tina Brown's bio of Diana. I wonder if any of the younger royals are fluent in any other language except English?

by Anonymousreply 80April 23, 2019 11:01 PM

R56 Communications is considered the easiest and most entertaining major on most US campuses. I took 1 communications class, very popular, at UCLA, and we viewed and analyzed advertisements. It is a Social Science major, which earns a Bachelor of Arts. Hard to find employment with just this background, but not too demanding while enjoying your college years. I haven't heard of any college accomplishments for MM while studying at Northwestern, in theater or otherwise. I'm sure she would broadcast them if any existed. So a basic degree, no honors, and just a sorority as an extracurricular. Not even any long term friendships made during those for years of sisterhood. Honestly, not impressive.

by Anonymousreply 81April 23, 2019 11:03 PM

REPORT THIS THREAD TO MURIEL.

PAYBACK TIME.

by Anonymousreply 82April 23, 2019 11:08 PM

[quote]Apparently Charles speaks fluent French too,

Fluent? I doubt it.

by Anonymousreply 83April 23, 2019 11:10 PM

The Kate and William thread was closed at 307, Kensington Palace isn't playing around with these rumors.

by Anonymousreply 84April 23, 2019 11:10 PM

^ Okay R82. Like. What......A.......FREAK! haha

by Anonymousreply 85April 23, 2019 11:11 PM

Nevermind. Let's hijack this one.

by Anonymousreply 86April 23, 2019 11:14 PM

Well, folks. I guess you know what to do.....

by Anonymousreply 87April 23, 2019 11:15 PM

Meghan is apparently withholding pics so that SohoBebe can be put immediately to work raising Mommy's international celebrity profile (and bank account) via a 'baby reveal!' Vogue cover

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 88April 23, 2019 11:16 PM

[quote]Gays and frauen, can we try to get other Royals up in this mix?

I'll never forget when someone here saying to me "How DARE YOU bring up King George on an American website!"

I'll risk it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 89April 23, 2019 11:16 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 90April 23, 2019 11:19 PM

The CHEATING rumours are ALL over Europe and America.

They can try to silence it but it's everywhere.

More is coming and this whole Africa thing was a cover.

by Anonymousreply 91April 23, 2019 11:19 PM

Carole is still living in her granny flat in KP. She has not moved yet.

Mike is in the big house with his new toff bird.

James is a gay leaning bi.

And will is still in touch with rose and one other woman. More to come on that.

by Anonymousreply 92April 23, 2019 11:25 PM

Really, never heard that about James.

by Anonymousreply 93April 23, 2019 11:30 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 94April 23, 2019 11:34 PM

Why wasn't Prince Philip at the Easter Service?

[quote] These days the Duke of Edinburgh reportedly operates on a "'wake up and see how I feel' basis."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 95April 23, 2019 11:34 PM

They have chapels in or very near most of their homes. His wife is the head of the church so he can call for a private service in his bedroom, why waste the time putting on a suit for the cameras?

by Anonymousreply 96April 23, 2019 11:37 PM

My God the arrogance. These two with a tiara on their instagram and forever self-referencing as "their royal highnesses" and Meghan trying to make "Duchess Meghan" happen not only call HM "Granny" as part of their birthday wishes (making "Her Majesty" just another cute endearment and not full of respect), calling Prince Louis "Louis" on his birthday, but "Let's make one thing clear" William is not the boss of them and they go where they want and do what they like and other people fund it and that's the way it is. There is nothing even lip service there about say, taking the actual needs of the destination in question under consideration.

Under all of this is the incessant thirst and demand to be treated as celebrities without incurring any obligation to earn it or heed those who pay their way. It's what has always been evident about Harry. He wants to be a rich layabout, kick British dust off his heels, and go around doing what he wants on the U.K. taxpayer's dime. He also wants a forum where he can show up and get attention and applause and praise where he wants.

This being evident, and having BEEN evident for years, still it looks like the royal family is trying to contain Meghan while pretending Harry is still their boy and giving him a route back home. It's futile. He needs to be cut loose. Off the list. I am so fucking tired of hearing that generic, entitled, unsupported crap about "global superstars". They're not, and furthermore, it entitles them to nothing. They think that entitles them to top dollar and to command their own way while someone else pays the check? Let them get another sponsor - a non BRF sponsor. See how many are willing to step up.

by Anonymousreply 97April 23, 2019 11:38 PM

Shop like the royals do! The Royal Warrant always reminds me of Hyacinth.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 98April 23, 2019 11:40 PM

Royal Mysteries.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 99April 23, 2019 11:43 PM

R94, Those are exceptionally good by British standards!

by Anonymousreply 100April 23, 2019 11:45 PM

Pakistan wants the Koh-i-Noor diamond back. Some believe it's cursed.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 101April 23, 2019 11:49 PM

Harrods is GHASTLY these days.

It's a travesty really.

I doubt any Royal goes near it.

Maybe Fortnum's.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 102April 23, 2019 11:50 PM

But even Fortnum's has been fucked over badly.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 103April 23, 2019 11:52 PM

R92 who is the other woman? Any hints? Has Rose been seen publicly since all this broke?

by Anonymousreply 104April 23, 2019 11:59 PM

[quote]She obviously LOVED being in America - she looked so happy

You can see they gave her a fuck of a good time, you can see from the clips and photos.

PLUS she was recently widowed and all that.

by Anonymousreply 105April 24, 2019 12:04 AM

R105 - One thing no one ever accused the Queen Mum of was not being able to enjoy herself - wherever she was. Her gift was to look as happy at a boring official event as at one of her own legednarily sumptuous dinner parties.

by Anonymousreply 106April 24, 2019 12:10 AM

R101 - Pakistan has as much chance of getting the Koh-i-Noor back as the Lakota in America do of getting the Black Hills back.

by Anonymousreply 107April 24, 2019 12:16 AM

If Meghan wants to do everything contrary to how it’s always been done...

Why is she so eager for blood diamonds?

Why is she using the stuffy old title “Duchess” and ROYAL MAJESTIES?

I hope they crush her.

by Anonymousreply 108April 24, 2019 12:21 AM

That Guardian article posted upthread compares Kate and Harry's photography efforts and Harry doesn't come out well at all. Reviewer didn't take into account that getting close to a sleeping rhino is considerably more dangerous than wee Louis in the garden.

by Anonymousreply 109April 24, 2019 12:37 AM

Why would the reviewer take that into account? It’s the nature of the actual photographs he’s talking about not how they were achieved.

He’s right. Harry’s are pretentious while Kate’s are real.

by Anonymousreply 110April 24, 2019 12:52 AM

[quote]These days the Duke of Edinburgh reportedly operates on a "'wake up and see how I feel' basis."

I would too if I was 97.

by Anonymousreply 111April 24, 2019 12:52 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 112April 24, 2019 12:55 AM

By the time the Sussex birth is announced, no one will care any longer.

by Anonymousreply 113April 24, 2019 1:04 AM

THIS QUESTION IS PRINCE CHARLES APPROVED:

Now that Phillip is getting close to the century mark, in the event that he dies before Elizabeth, do you think she will go shortly after? A lot of long term married people usually die pretty close to one another. Do we think she will hang on because she has her position to keep her going, or will she die with in the year after Phillip passes?

by Anonymousreply 114April 24, 2019 1:09 AM

Is this thread closed now too?

by Anonymousreply 115April 24, 2019 1:16 AM

I'm not sure R115 but you did just post on it, so my best guess is NO.

by Anonymousreply 116April 24, 2019 1:18 AM

R115 - Apparently not.

by Anonymousreply 117April 24, 2019 1:19 AM

You're right, r113. She's overplayed her hand on the birth hype. And, if she does end up "premiering" the baby via Vogue cover, the British public will be apoplectic. They pay for her, and all her unnecessary luxuries, whether she wants to acknowledge that fact or not. I predict if she actually does the Vogue cover route, instead of a normal photocall, that will finally be it for her. It will offend even more people the the 500,000 NYC pap walk baby shower. It will be the final insult to the British people, and she will be well and truly finished. She can hire as many PR people as she likes, but they will still be universally loathed by the people who pay their bills, and there will be no coming back from that - ever - for either of them. There will be nothing but mounting calls from millions of people - including from Royalists - to cut Harry loose from the taxpayer money. And even though that seems inconceivable now, just wait - the heat on the BRF will increase and increase, andthey will have to respond to save themselves from being dragged down with the Hated Harkles.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 118April 24, 2019 1:20 AM

I like Gary Janetti's Instagram. Prince George is the star and Gary's captions are funny.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 119April 24, 2019 1:23 AM

[quote]Is this thread closed now too?

Are you retarded?

by Anonymousreply 120April 24, 2019 1:24 AM

I picked up news about Harry Markle website in DM comments section. Worth a read.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 121April 24, 2019 1:29 AM

I am always amazed that people refuse to believe Harry and Meghan are partners in crime so to speak.

by Anonymousreply 122April 24, 2019 1:36 AM

Amazing that the Queen Mum was pudgy all her life, known to have indulged in sweets as well as alcohol, yet she lived to be 101. It's been written that QE2 also has a sweet tooth and eats desserts yet avoids starchy vegetables and pasta, so WTF.

by Anonymousreply 123April 24, 2019 1:51 AM

R123 Maybe starchy foods give Ol Lizzy gas? I read that she avoids onions and garlic because they give you bad breath. So its not a stretch to think maybe she does not want to be passing wind on public occasions. Phillip on the other hand, he just lets them rip.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 124April 24, 2019 2:08 AM

R114 The Duke of Edinburgh will never “pass”.

He will, however, die.

As will you, me and everybody else, . He wouldn’t have time for such ridiculous euphemisms as “pass”.

by Anonymousreply 125April 24, 2019 2:16 AM

Prince Louis is fugly. It pains me to say it. Charlotte dominates that family.

by Anonymousreply 126April 24, 2019 3:39 AM

Riiiiight.

by Anonymousreply 127April 24, 2019 4:04 AM

R126, I agree. George is the cutest. Then Charlotte. And then Louis, poor little mite. I don’t think he’s cute at all.

by Anonymousreply 128April 24, 2019 4:27 AM

Why is Harry’s hair so fuzzy?

by Anonymousreply 129April 24, 2019 4:27 AM

What hair? He has lost so much of what he had over the past year-and-a-half. Hmmm wonder what could've caused that. Poor widdle mite.

by Anonymousreply 130April 24, 2019 4:48 AM

Harry's body language and self-isolation from his cousins when they all walked together after church are all very telling. Even if we don't know the full set of details about the brothers' fallout, we can infer a lot from it from body language. Human nature can be easy to decipher sometimes without the necessity of words.

Harry's body language paints him as a man who's insecure, his self-confidence has been taken down a few notches by recent turn of events. His awkwardness betrays the planned nature of the avoidance, but once undertaken he appears to be having some regrets about the whole situation. Though not enough to stop the foolish display for all to see. Harry as the person doing the actual avoiding, is the more active party in this feud, in that he's the one who feels like he's been wronged. Essentially this means that he either doesn't fully realize the awfulness of his/ Meghan's behavior let alone the consequences, or he just doesn't care. But his avoidant behavior suggest that he just doesn't care, and is in fact intent on mirroring Meghan in the I-Hate-My-Family department. If he was confused about it then he'd be still in the midst of things, trying to at least find out why he's on the outs with rest of the family.

In any case his petty actions that have far more serious implications than his dim bulb of a brain can process, really speaks of a man who has too much time on his hands and too little substantive endeavors to keep him occupied. Therefore it makes it that much easier for him to fall under the (mis)guidance of Meghan, and the mirroring of family strife/ avoidance may be Harry subconsciously showing solidarity with her. He's already shown himself to be easily shaped into her own ideas of who he should be as befitting his title, 6th in line be damned. Harry is all in with the Sussex branding, no doubts about it now. That is why the BRF is scrambling to distance him from William.

by Anonymousreply 131April 24, 2019 4:50 AM

^^^ meant to say falling out not fallout.

by Anonymousreply 132April 24, 2019 4:52 AM

Is there another thread on the Cambridges? Part 2 was closed.

by Anonymousreply 133April 24, 2019 6:45 AM

Harry has always been labeled “the spare.” It’s a shame he never stepped outside this label and determined a career to focus his energy on. I suspect Meghan was an answer to his question of what he can do. She is driven and has sold her goals to him and he has adopted them as his own. Unfortunately, her goals are those an actress has: theatrical, ego feeding, celebrity, applause. I don’t see this ending well for him because they want the taxpayers to pay for this “brand.” If they continue this path, they need to get off the taxpayer dole or be prepared for the increasing public outcry. Genuine humanitarians don’t advertise. Genuine humanitarians are too busy doing the work.

by Anonymousreply 134April 24, 2019 8:31 AM

R32 MM was so bitchy there, and her accent was so different... Wow, karma chameleon, isn't she?

by Anonymousreply 135April 24, 2019 8:46 AM

r134 is on point.

by Anonymousreply 136April 24, 2019 9:14 AM

Meghan always said how much she dislikes Trump but at the core is just like him .They both lie and believe their lies . They both are full of themselves and think anybody else is at fault . They want to be at the center of attention and will do anything to accomplish that . They trow everybody under the bus who isn.t with them . Sociopaths both of them .

by Anonymousreply 137April 24, 2019 9:24 AM

True, r137, but at least Trump had to get tens of millions to vote for him in order for him to be thrust upon us.

Meghan just gaslighted one person - ONE - and now we none of us can escape her.

by Anonymousreply 138April 24, 2019 9:27 AM

[quote][R32] MM was so bitchy there, and her accent was so different... Wow, karma chameleon, isn't she?

I think you're all making something out of nothing RE that clip.

She's fine with the guy. A little flirty and pushy, but why not?

by Anonymousreply 139April 24, 2019 9:28 AM

I was blathering on last night about MM at Northwestern, and mentioned I had seen something that only suggested that she had received a degree in Communication Studies. I've done some sleuthing, and here it is. Two pics, so I'll put it in two posts. Maybe someone here can shed light on to it? Firstly, the graduation programme cover.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 140April 24, 2019 9:36 AM

When you look that those clips of The Queen Mum in NYC you can see how our present Queen had such a good teacher. She had a natural charm and grace about her. Terrific woman.

Of course she was so well loved for the way she behaved in London during WWII. It was due to that, that the Royal family were so well loved for so many years after.

They were terrific, it's true. Staying in London for the whole war...

& Buckingham Palace was also bombed, of course (see pic)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 141April 24, 2019 9:36 AM

In London during The Blitz.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 142April 24, 2019 9:38 AM

Well chosen headgear always.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 143April 24, 2019 9:38 AM

And secondly, in alphabetical order, her name appears in the final column towards the bottom ( Rachel Meghan Markle ) ....Bachelor of Science in Communication Studies.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 144April 24, 2019 9:39 AM

She was disgustingly behaved in that clip, r139. Just as she now as she sticks two fingers up to the BRF who took her in, and to the British taxpayers who support her extravagance. Why do you make excuses for her? Because she's mixed race? All you Megstans are utterly racist, and see only skin colour. You excuse even her worst behaviour simply because her mother was black. Megstans defending Meghan are not unlike the KKK defending horrible behaviour simply because the perpetrator is white.

by Anonymousreply 145April 24, 2019 9:40 AM

The class of 2003. All graduates are listed with a BS of Communication . None have understudy degrees listed.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 146April 24, 2019 9:41 AM

Why is everyone going on about Northwestern? It's not as if it's an ivy. It's a good second-tier. But Kate went to a genuinely great university that leaves Northwestern in the dust.

by Anonymousreply 147April 24, 2019 9:43 AM

The Queen Mum's War.

The bombing of BP in her own words. Brings tears to your eyes :-

"It all happened so quickly that we had only time to look foolishly at each other when the scream hurtled past us and exploded with a tremendous crash in the quadrangle," she wrote.

While her "knees trembled a little bit", she was "so pleased with the behaviour of our servants", some of whom were injured as one bomb crashed through a glass roof and another pulverised the palace chapel.

Hours later, after lunching in their air-raid shelter, she and the King were visiting West Ham in London's East End. She wrote: "I felt as if I was walking in a dead city... all the houses evacuated, and yet through the broken windows one saw all the poor little possessions, photographs, beds, just as they were left."

The bombing, along with the royal family's refusal to flee Britain against Foreign Office advice, was to win the King and Queen affection and fellow-feeling across the country. [bold]The Queen declared: "The children will not leave unless I do. I shall not leave unless their father does, and the king will not leave the country in any circumstances, whatever."[/bold]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 148April 24, 2019 9:45 AM

So wouldn’t theater be in the Arts Department? Was she in any plays at Northwestern? I see her more as her wanting to be a celebrity and not really developing her theater craft.

But if she wanted to go be a celebrity why waste her dads money on an expensive school?

by Anonymousreply 149April 24, 2019 9:49 AM

VE day in front of Buckingham Palace.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 150April 24, 2019 9:49 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 151April 24, 2019 9:51 AM

Just unravelling the lies R147

by Anonymousreply 152April 24, 2019 10:00 AM

Understood, r152

by Anonymousreply 153April 24, 2019 10:03 AM

Harry's fuzzy hair and bear remind me of Sugar Bear, Honey Boo Boo's father

by Anonymousreply 154April 24, 2019 10:18 AM

beard not bear

by Anonymousreply 155April 24, 2019 10:18 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 156April 24, 2019 10:24 AM

I wish the Queen would just cut the Sussex's off and let them go. I'm sick of paying for all their bullshit. They can sell the baby photos to Vogue and swan off where-ever they want as long as they're not using my and other taxpayers $$$. I almost hope she does sell the pictures then maybe the massive outrage might spur HRH into action, but I doubt it. Meghan could probably stand in the middle of KP burning cash in an old fireplace and nothing would be done about it.

by Anonymousreply 157April 24, 2019 10:26 AM

What charity work? Writing messages and bananas? And where is she going to put her hands now that the bump isn't around to cradle or rub all the time? Rub her lactating breasts so nobody forgets that she Has Given Birth To A Member of the Royal Family?

by Anonymousreply 158April 24, 2019 10:58 AM

I wonder what Harry does all day? He announced he has taken Paternity Leave, which made me chuckle. Leave from what?

by Anonymousreply 159April 24, 2019 11:08 AM

He smokes weed and plays Fortnite all day. Possibly.

by Anonymousreply 160April 24, 2019 11:34 AM

More fan art. Meghan Markle Beard .

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 161April 24, 2019 11:38 AM

r161 Markle IS Henpecked Harry Harkle's beard!

by Anonymousreply 162April 24, 2019 12:08 PM

R140, what those images show is you're over invested.

Take a step back. There's not that much to prove here. You're not Maggie Haberman. Or Nancy Drew.

And I say this as someone who eagerly awaits the inevitable divorce.

by Anonymousreply 163April 24, 2019 12:11 PM

I understand what you are saying, R163, I'm just passing some time recovering from vertebroplasty before I can get my physio on. And where better place to spend it than on the sofa and on this thread ;-)

by Anonymousreply 164April 24, 2019 12:14 PM

Fair enough. Just don't lose your shit.

by Anonymousreply 165April 24, 2019 12:15 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 166April 24, 2019 12:16 PM

Margaret was psycho, wasn't she? She didn't like chores. She did them like she did anything if it caught her fancy or amused her. She needed diversion. Her life was pretty empty.

I heard this story once from a friend, in a documentary, that at Balmoral she was cast an eye on a footman and stare at him as he made his way around the table and then either make a face or tell a really terrible joke. The intended effect was to make him react. That's just bullying, albeit benignly. Someone in authority creates circumstances to make someone without authority uncomfortable, to remind them of their place.

I don't have a lot of time for Margaret. She had a tough, if comfortable, row to hoe, and she could have made the best of it but really didn't.

by Anonymousreply 167April 24, 2019 12:19 PM

What was so tough about Margaret's row? She behaved disgracefully, iirc. Dai Llewellen, etc, even had a fling with Mick Jagger. Yes, she would have had to give up her royal status and place on the civil list if she married her one true love. Couldn't he support her? Was she totally incapable of contributing to their income?

Between her, Andrew and Harry, there's not a lot to admire or pity.

by Anonymousreply 168April 24, 2019 12:31 PM

I read Dominick Dunne's "Another city, not my own" a while ago and he detested Princess Margaret. She was snobby, rude and only saw other people as somebody who should entertain her.

by Anonymousreply 169April 24, 2019 12:37 PM

I say she had a tough row to hoe in that she was ill educated, spoiled, and raised royal... she lacked any of the skills to escape the life and any of the desire to actually do it. There was not a lot of self awareness there and when you can't figure a way out, when you're really your own worst enemy, to me that's a tough row to hoe, even if you've got somebody else does the cooking and cleaning and washing up.

by Anonymousreply 170April 24, 2019 12:50 PM

I can imagine the refurb and repair work taking a lot longer than has been anticipated.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 171April 24, 2019 12:55 PM

Is it true that most royal children are conceived via IVF?

by Anonymousreply 172April 24, 2019 12:56 PM

Yes, it is true. And then brought to term under grow lights in a secret chamber at Hampton Court. The open for tourists thing is just hiding in plain sight.

by Anonymousreply 173April 24, 2019 12:59 PM

Margaret's father spoiled her, just as Harry was spoiled by Charles. The elder siblings in this game usually are held to higher standards early on for obvious reasons.There were exceptions a couple of generations back. Edward VIII was an exception - in his case, it was the stammering younger brother who was steadier, had a higher sense of duty, and who was able to forge a real family life. And one generation before that, Edward VII's heir, Prince Edward Duke of Clarence (an ill-fated ducal title if ever there was), was dissolute and nervy, but the younger brother who eventually succeeded when "Eddy" died young, George V was much the steadier hand.

By the way, for those who discussed the diaries of the fabled Chips Channon, I broke down and ordered a copy at great expense, and am enjoying them immensely. The chapter on Abdication Year is just delicious, but the rest is well worth the price - for someone my age (cough) many of the names he gossips about (Emerald Cunard, Diana and Duff Cooper, Prince Paul and Pss. Olga of Yugoslavia) are not unfamiliar to me so the gossip is rewarding, but some of you younger foik born in the post-war era may not enjoy it quite so much.

by Anonymousreply 174April 24, 2019 1:00 PM

R172 - Given the very low success rate of IVF, which is mostly kept under wraps by the fertility industry, the comment is absurd. But you already knew that.

by Anonymousreply 175April 24, 2019 1:02 PM

^*younger FOLK

by Anonymousreply 176April 24, 2019 1:03 PM

R173 for the win!

by Anonymousreply 177April 24, 2019 1:08 PM

What is the issue about MM's degree, and her declared majors? Depending on the university's standards, different subjects/ majors are listed under specific degree programs. She chose two groups of study during college, took the courses to fulfill the requirements to earn one degree.

Some folks go the extra step to take additional courses and earn dual degrees. My original majors in college were Zoology and Chemistry. I switched, and earned Bachelor of Science degrees in both Zoology and Animal Science. Then again, I wasn't in a sorority.

by Anonymousreply 178April 24, 2019 1:18 PM

Why do the threads keep getting closed?

by Anonymousreply 179April 24, 2019 1:26 PM

Is this is it, R69?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 180April 24, 2019 1:35 PM

I don't know, but if we get lost from eachother, we are all to assemble in the Frogmore tunnels.

by Anonymousreply 181April 24, 2019 1:35 PM

When I graduated university my majors weren't listed. It would double the length of the program.

by Anonymousreply 182April 24, 2019 1:43 PM

R169 You might appreciate this then...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 183April 24, 2019 1:43 PM

r178 People suspect that she is lying about her degree. She seems to have an interesting relationship with the truth.

by Anonymousreply 184April 24, 2019 1:44 PM

Hahaha R183, brilliant.

by Anonymousreply 185April 24, 2019 1:58 PM

R174, please, for us poors, start a thread and give us the dirt from Chips!

by Anonymousreply 186April 24, 2019 1:58 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 187April 24, 2019 2:03 PM

For those interested in understanding Meghan's degree, I've linked the Northwestern University Department of Theatre page. Notice that the Department of Theatre falls within the School of Communications. Theatre was her primary major and it is the reason she is listed in the graduation circular under the School of Communications.

She also has an Adjunct Major in International Studies, which falls within Northwestern's Weinberg College of Arts & Sciences. At Northwestern, students enrolled in any undergraduate school of the university may elect an Adjunct Major in International Studies. The adjunct major is secondary to Meghan's Theatre degree. Typically, for an adjunct major, students can count some courses from their primary major toward the adjunct major (in essence, double-counting), but I'm not sure if any Theatre courses would qualify to be applied toward the International's Studies adjunct major. Meghan would only be listed once in the graduation circular, not separately under the College of Arts & Sciences for her adjunct major. This information is also available on the NWU International Studies website.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 188April 24, 2019 2:11 PM

Margaret was intelligent, artistic, and witty, but she was given no education to speak of, had no career prospects, and was told her whole purpose in life was to be the 'spare.' That purpose was fulfilled when she was 18 and her sister gave birth to Prince Charles, and after that she was entirely superfluous to the dynastic mission of the Royals. At that point, she was supposed to shut up, get married, and have babies, but unfortunately the man she loved was considered unsuitable.

In other words, Margaret had a lot of brains, creativity, and energy that were given no approved outlets but partying and pettiness. Couple that with a disastrous marriage to a misogynistic social climber and the result is the monster Margaret became in later years.

I doubt I would have liked Margaret if I'd met her, but I do feel a bit sorry for her. A lot of potential wasted.

by Anonymousreply 189April 24, 2019 2:18 PM

To piggyback on R174, I think it's interesting how truly unsuitable Windsor heirs are dealt with. The weird and limited Prince Eddy was merely suffering from a bad cold, when suddenly the Royal doctor shows up, he's given a shot of SOMETHING, and within hours he is dead. And, of course, TPTB manipulated Edward VIII right off the throne. In both cases, they were succeeded by dull, pliable, dutiful younger brothers who were exactly what was wanted by the grey men of the Palace.

It's just as well that Margaret, Andrew, and Harry weren't born first. They might not have survived.

by Anonymousreply 190April 24, 2019 2:23 PM

He died of pneumonia in 1892, penicillin wasn't discovered until 1928.

by Anonymousreply 191April 24, 2019 2:27 PM

[quote]Why do the threads keep getting closed?

I don't know.

But we're a "hardy lot" - we pull through and march on.

It's called [bold]The Dunkirk Spirit.[/bold]

by Anonymousreply 192April 24, 2019 2:29 PM

Edward VIII fooled many, many people with his marriage to Wallis Simpson, and it appears he fooled you as well. What came first? The chicken or the egg? Using a bit of logic and deductive reasoning, we can also conclude that Dear ole Ed actually USED the affair with Mrs. Simpson to his advantage, forcing the outcome entirely. He needed a damned good excuse and he found one. He NEVER wanted to be King.

by Anonymousreply 193April 24, 2019 2:30 PM

My father first started going to New York (from England) in the 1950s.

He said in those days people like cab drivers would always ask him about Princess Margaret - which is sort of funny.

When I started going in the '70s it was always The Beatles.

by Anonymousreply 194April 24, 2019 2:32 PM

I only ever saw Princess Margaret in the flesh once. In the record department in Harrods, in the '70s. She was with Roddy Llewelyn. She was wearing a brown fur coat. All the staff were making a great fuss of her. Faffing about.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 195April 24, 2019 2:37 PM

And a few months ago I almost ran over her daughter in a side street in Chelsea.

by Anonymousreply 196April 24, 2019 2:39 PM

[quote]Why do the threads keep getting closed?

No idea.

The also grayed out the Frogmore Thread Part II.

They took away our photograph. Everyone was most upset.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 197April 24, 2019 2:43 PM

Our beloved photo from the Froggy thread *sigh*

by Anonymousreply 198April 24, 2019 2:47 PM

Edward VIII was extremely ambivalent about being king. He wanted the deference and the money, but he didn't want the duty or the sacrifices required for the job. By the time the Abdication Crisis happened, Parliament knew he'd be a Nazi-loving disaster, so they sold him a bill of goods: He could abdicate but live in the UK (after a short time abroad), and enjoy most of the privileges and influence of being King without having to do the work. This was a total lie, because as soon as he signed the papers they forced him out of England for good and used his Parliamentary-granted income to control him for the rest of his life. The grey men of the Palace don't play.

by Anonymousreply 199April 24, 2019 2:48 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 200April 24, 2019 2:55 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 201April 24, 2019 2:58 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 202April 24, 2019 3:01 PM

R193 - I agree completely that Wallis served Edward's purposes perfectly, but Edward's brother didn't want to be King, either - he and Elizabeth were living lives, as biographer Robert Lacey put it, "as close to paradise as the human condition allows". Albert was forced onto the throne - but did a much better job.

In the case of William and Harry, the shoes are on the other feet. Harry doesn't have to worry about not wanting to be King, but it appears he also doesn't want to be royal except under certain terms that allow him to retain his privileges whilst sticking two fingers up to the restraints. And in that sense, Harry does seem to be repeating family history.

by Anonymousreply 203April 24, 2019 3:04 PM

R186 - "please, for us poors, start a thread and give us the dirt from Chips!"

I shall try, but I need to wade through more of Chips' journal entries before it makes sense to do so.

by Anonymousreply 204April 24, 2019 3:07 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 205April 24, 2019 3:08 PM

This weekend, The Duchess of Gloucester (the tiny lady in the middle) attended the Fed Cup, the largest annual team competition in women’s sport, as Honorary President of The Lawn Tennis Association. She's the wife of the Queen's cousin, Richard, Duke of Gloucester.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 206April 24, 2019 3:20 PM

Diana in polka dots.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 207April 24, 2019 3:26 PM

I may purchase this book. I think it would be an interesting read.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 208April 24, 2019 3:28 PM

The headline is "No Room At The Palace For Trump". I wish he'd fucking stay home then. Brits don't want him here.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 209April 24, 2019 3:30 PM

Photos of Wallis Simpson, friend of Hitler and Nixon.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 210April 24, 2019 3:31 PM

Prince Andrew when he really was "Randy Andy".

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 211April 24, 2019 3:32 PM

A new public event has been announced for Kate.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 212April 24, 2019 3:36 PM

The beloved pic of Plane Over Frogmore was repeated within that civilized thread. Small consolation but it's still around.

by Anonymousreply 213April 24, 2019 3:42 PM

Pss Margaret and her 8 year affair with gardener turned pop star 17 years younger than her.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 214April 24, 2019 3:57 PM

Margaret looks like his mom in that pic.

by Anonymousreply 215April 24, 2019 4:06 PM

What's really sad is how much Llewellyn looked like her estranged husband, Lord Snowdon. Snowdon was such a shit to her, but part of her never got over him.

The one positive thing I will say about Snowdon is at least he kept his mouth shut. Jackie O offered him a two-million dollar advance to write a tell-all about Margaret, but Snowdon wouldn't.

by Anonymousreply 216April 24, 2019 4:09 PM

I never noticed before how much Andrew resembled the Queen Mum. It's all in the coloring and the eyebrows.

by Anonymousreply 217April 24, 2019 4:10 PM

Well R212, guess we now know when Smegma will announce the baby.

by Anonymousreply 218April 24, 2019 4:55 PM

R205 that photo of young Meghan really show her to be cross-eyed especially the left eye, wonder if she had the usual treatments for it as a child.

by Anonymousreply 219April 24, 2019 4:57 PM

Do we like the idea of Helena Bonham-Carter as Margaret? (I’m still not over her as Elizabeth Taylor, which to me was just no, no, and more no. I liked Lohan better.)

by Anonymousreply 220April 24, 2019 5:21 PM

There are really not a lot of good choices to play Margaret due to a dearth of established actors who are short/ dumpy with slightly close-set eyes.

by Anonymousreply 221April 24, 2019 5:23 PM

Any messages of condolences ever result from FrogWhore mcmansion? No? Guess tragedies only matter if the HazBeans have gone on tour to the location.

by Anonymousreply 222April 24, 2019 5:26 PM

^^^^ Regarding Sri Lanka

by Anonymousreply 223April 24, 2019 5:29 PM

I love Bonham-Carter, but wonder how she will play it. I was worried that maybe it would be a caricature, but after reading the article above, I'm hoping a sway from that, and an authentic performance.

by Anonymousreply 224April 24, 2019 5:35 PM

Good point re. Sri Lanka. She's not Christian Dior-ed herself for those people, so she's not interested.

by Anonymousreply 225April 24, 2019 5:38 PM

Bonham-Carter played the Queen Mother in the Kings Speech.She seemed to do an ok job.

by Anonymousreply 226April 24, 2019 5:38 PM

FrogWhore McMansion.

Hee hee.

by Anonymousreply 227April 24, 2019 5:39 PM

I will miss Vanessa Kirby as Margaret. I still think they could have gotten ONE more season out of the original cast, with some reasonable aging makeup. But since that's not going to happen, I'll give HBC a chance. She WAS an excellent Queen Mum in the King's Speech.

by Anonymousreply 228April 24, 2019 5:39 PM

There's something of early 20s William in some of those young Andy pics. In the lower face, and not including the mouth. That jawline. William was very Diana when he was younger, but I see that jawline is the Windsor side.

by Anonymousreply 229April 24, 2019 5:41 PM

I think HBC will do haughty vulnerability really well. I also think Olivia Coleman will be outstanding as HM. She’ll do that Helen Mirren thing of looking nothing like HM but nevertheless being 100% convincing.

by Anonymousreply 230April 24, 2019 5:44 PM

“She’s pencilled in three months, but she’ll most likely return to public life in six weeks — on the Queen’s official birthday, Trooping the Colour, in June.”

Well she won't want to miss that, will she?!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 231April 24, 2019 6:11 PM

Meghan needs to be back at work after three months leave or the world will stop turning , duh!

by Anonymousreply 232April 24, 2019 6:11 PM

R230, none of the people in The Crown looked like their characters, but they all were so convincing in their portrayals. In fact, I think John Lithgow may have been my least favorite. He played Churchill more like a caricature than a person, but everyone else was pretty much flawless...

by Anonymousreply 233April 24, 2019 6:16 PM

FrogWhore McMansion. AKA Fuckmore Cottage.

by Anonymousreply 234April 24, 2019 6:34 PM

[quote]There's something of early 20s William in some of those young Andy pics. In the lower face, and not including the mouth. That jawline. William was very Diana when he was younger, but I see that jawline is the Windsor side.

They used to write about Princess Anne in this way in the papers in the '60s. Private Eye used to spoof it.

"A touch of Louis Mountbatten in her eyes and her Aunt Margaret when she smiles...and just a suggestion of her mother's mother in her gait".

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 235April 24, 2019 6:41 PM

Is this REALLY Part 41? Or is that a joke?

by Anonymousreply 236April 24, 2019 6:42 PM

R69 - Yes, that's the garden party from the French tour in which Hartnell turned the entire wardrobe white. I don't think that's the exact photo I remember but it is definitely from that event on that tour.

by Anonymousreply 237April 24, 2019 6:43 PM

R233 I don’t agree at all. Claire Foy was outstanding, but nobody else was. Not terrible or anything but you have to be exceptionally talented to play a real life person so well that the lack of physical resemblance is totally irrelevant.

Matt Smith as PP came over as Matt Smith playing PP. Same for everyone else, imo - except for Claire Foy,

by Anonymousreply 238April 24, 2019 6:46 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 239April 24, 2019 7:04 PM

Princess Anne was naming a brand new fishing vessel in Greenwich, today. Slacks on today, no skirt!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 240April 24, 2019 7:06 PM

I really liked Vanessa Kirby as Margaret. And Matthew Goode brought a creepy charm to Snowdon.

by Anonymousreply 241April 24, 2019 7:06 PM

There's been a lot of talk about MM's diplomatic stint in Brazil? Argentina? and how she leveraged her uncle to get a position in the embassy but then didn't invite him to the wedding. I'd always assumed she was there for a year or two since the story was promoted so heavily before the wedding as one of her qualifications along with the double major in International Relations. Then I read somewhere that she was only there for two months, it was basically an unpaid internship. Good for resume padding but hardly a real qualification.

Does anyone have more details?

by Anonymousreply 242April 24, 2019 7:10 PM

R241 yes, Vanessa Kirby was great... I actually felt for Princess Margaret—her wedding to Snowdon seemed like it was the apex of her life. Nowhere to go but down from there, and she did.

by Anonymousreply 243April 24, 2019 7:12 PM

I also want to chime in about one of my favorite movies, The King’s Speech. You can really see that Albert really did not want to be king at all. The fact that he helped guide England through WWII was an incredible feat. And Elizabeth had her hand in that. I think that’s really where royalty shines (unfortunately I don’t think it shines much elsewhere). They can either help propel its people through tough times, or they can instigate them. Today’s modern royals (all of them, not just the BRF) have to figure out how to be useful in a world where stability is desired.

by Anonymousreply 244April 24, 2019 7:17 PM

What do you do if you press the ff button by mistake, as I just did a few minutes ago?

by Anonymousreply 245April 24, 2019 7:19 PM

R242, she was only there for a short time. Failed any necessary tests. So it was a short unpaid position, got with her uncle's help. There is a story that she went off somewhere else to live with a much older wealthy man, for a bit, and that was covered up and the period of time was explained as still being in the intern position.

by Anonymousreply 246April 24, 2019 7:21 PM

Don't worry R245, you won't combust! Nothing happens.

by Anonymousreply 247April 24, 2019 7:22 PM

R245 - you do nothing as there is nothing to do. Be careful with that, however. You don't want to accidentally get someone banned from the site, do you?

by Anonymousreply 248April 24, 2019 7:22 PM

Thanks, R245. Actually, whenever I hit the WW button, its fading both the WW and FF buttons. No idea why.

by Anonymousreply 249April 24, 2019 7:23 PM

R249 It does that so you can’t press them again.

by Anonymousreply 250April 24, 2019 7:25 PM

^ That's normal

by Anonymousreply 251April 24, 2019 7:25 PM

Ah. I thought only the one you pressed would fade. New at the use of the buttons, obviously. Thank you all for the help.

by Anonymousreply 252April 24, 2019 7:26 PM

I WW'd a great number of posts on a particular thread, because I thought they were all so funny, and as a result of that, could not post for a few days. I did it again some months later, and the same thing happened, so I am sure that was the cause.

by Anonymousreply 253April 24, 2019 7:30 PM

It's you R253. I just unlit ww on half of the posts in this thread, and I am still he

by Anonymousreply 254April 24, 2019 7:54 PM

LOL R254.

by Anonymousreply 255April 24, 2019 7:59 PM

For the record MM always says that she was was in Argentina for 6 mths. She what was supposed to be doing a 10 week internship. She quit after 2.5 weeks to go to Madrid with a man she met.

by Anonymousreply 256April 24, 2019 8:00 PM

Oh my God, who cares what MM did in Argentina? We've beat that topic to death on at least 3 other threads. If you're going to continue to rake her over the coals, can't you at least come up with a new angle?

by Anonymousreply 257April 24, 2019 8:01 PM

Margaret's wedding to Snowdon on the Crown was so sad. She's glowing and happy, thinking she's finally fulfilled her purpose in life (marriage and soon babies, as any 50s woman would think), AND she's escaped the Royal Family's confines by finding an unconventional man who loves her despite her title, not because of it. Then we get the scene with Snowdon and his mother in the car, where it's clear he's an ice-cold social climber with raging mommy issues he'll soon taking out on his wife. Tragic.

by Anonymousreply 258April 24, 2019 8:04 PM

R257, I disagree. Her diplomatic service (haha) has been discussed rarely, and not for many threads. I’d forgotten all about it, actually.

And r256, that made me LOL. No surprise.

Her stint as a suitcase girl seemed pretty abbreviated, too.

by Anonymousreply 259April 24, 2019 8:07 PM

R256 - This was always Meghan's m.o. - fibbing about putting herself through school, about her career, about her height, about when she started dating Harry, about the scope of her "humanitarian" career. She's mostly hot air and It's pathetic that Harry fell for her line. I wonder if, as the truth came out about all those fibs, he realised how he'd been snowed, or if he's still in denial, or he's persuaded himself that he doesn't care, she's still what he wanted.

by Anonymousreply 260April 24, 2019 8:07 PM

More rumours abound in the press of Randy and Fergie re-marrying, and also this. Does anyone here believe they will? What would be the purpose? They live together, anyway. Not looking to go down the Epstein route, as it would hardly give him a defence.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 261April 24, 2019 8:11 PM

R257 lol. I'm waiting for more analysis of the investiture video and Brown Velvet Lady. I don't think those two have been discussed enough.

by Anonymousreply 262April 24, 2019 8:16 PM

Not Allowed! There you go, R257

by Anonymousreply 263April 24, 2019 8:20 PM

Haha

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 264April 24, 2019 8:21 PM

R257 - FFS. If someone asks a question, we can’t answer it? Stop policing threads.

by Anonymousreply 265April 24, 2019 8:24 PM

I've read along since the Dangling Tendrils and didn't know she lasted only 2.5 weeks to go screw some rich guy. So she has a LOT in common with Haz, who also refused to take his military exam.

by Anonymousreply 266April 24, 2019 8:29 PM

R257 There are no new angles so posters replay their favourites. It's like greatest hits.

by Anonymousreply 267April 24, 2019 8:31 PM

R98 Harrods lost all royal warrants in 2000. Mohammed Fayed publicly burned the signs in 2010 claiming he had ditched them. Just another fantasy from him. (And I refuse to use his self appointed honorific of ‘Al-Fayed’)

I will laugh my ass off when the Di-stans have a collective stroke when Camilla is crowned.

by Anonymousreply 268April 24, 2019 8:33 PM

Yes I believe Fergie and Andrew will remarry, after Philip passes. I got this impression by reading a suggestion about it in one of the tabs around the time of the York wedding.

by Anonymousreply 269April 24, 2019 8:33 PM

If the reports that Sparkle had a "12-week" scan just before Yuge's wedding in mid-October, it means she got pregnant in mid-July, and would have been due in mid-April., which was last week. So, either she's had the baby already, or the baby is quite late, which isn't uncommon in first babies, but again would probably have prompted inducement or a c-section in someone so small.

by Anonymousreply 270April 24, 2019 8:34 PM

We know absolutely nothing about her college years, except her sorority and major. Wonder what she was up to then? Obviously nothing to brag about.

by Anonymousreply 271April 24, 2019 8:34 PM

She was in a white sorority at Northwestern.

by Anonymousreply 272April 24, 2019 8:35 PM

R271 - If the language she used in TIG is anything to go by, she was hardly a scholar. Those "communications" degrees are notoriously shallow and easy to get through. She is so thoroughly artificially constructed that she reminds me of the robots in Ex Machina. There's no "there" there. Good God, Harry. How the fuck did you get so thoroughly snookered by such a shallow, lying twat?

by Anonymousreply 273April 24, 2019 8:37 PM

How? He's shallower and lies even more.

by Anonymousreply 274April 24, 2019 8:38 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 275April 24, 2019 8:42 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 276April 24, 2019 8:43 PM

MM and Harry both deserve each other. One is narcissistic and the other is pathologically clingy; both are inveterate prevaricators. And the British taxpayers are very unfortunate to have to foot their bills.

by Anonymousreply 277April 24, 2019 8:47 PM

R268 - By the time Camilla is crowned, those Diana-stans will either be dead, ga-ga, or permanently pissed.

What's more interesting to contemplate is how William and Harry will feel watching Camilla be crowned - I imagine it will be hard for them not to keep imagining the scene with the originally anticipated blonder under the crown.

Perhaps Charles, in his advancing "Woke" old age, will simply forego the whole hoop-la of the coronation, settling for Accession Proclamation (although it lacks force of law):

"Whereas it hath pleased Almighty God to call to His mercy our late Sovereign Queen Elizabeth the Second of Blessed and Glorious Memory by whose Decease the Crown is solely and rightfully come to the High and Mighty Prince Charles Philip Arthur George: We, therefore, the Lords Spiritual and Temporal of this Realm, being here assisted with these of Her late Majesty's Privy Council, with representatives of other members of the Commonwealth, with other Principal Gentlemen of Quality, with the Lord Mayor, Aldermen, and citizens of London, do now hereby with one Voice and Consent of Tongue and Heart publish and proclaim that the High and Mighty Prince Charles Philip Arthur George is now, by the Death of our late Sovereign of happy Memory, become King Charles III, by the Grace of God King of this Realm and of all His other Realms and Territories, Head of the Commonwealth, Defender of the Faith, to whom His lieges do acknowledge all Faith and constant Obedience, with hearty and humble Affection: beseeching God, by whom Kings and Queens do reign, to bless the Royal Prince Charles the Third with long and happy Years to reign over Us.

Given at St. James's Palace, this [day] [month] in the year of our Lord Two Thousand and One and [year].:

by Anonymousreply 278April 24, 2019 8:50 PM

^*blonde (not blonder)

R278

by Anonymousreply 279April 24, 2019 8:51 PM

Charles read your comment, R278, and is having a temper tantrum.

by Anonymousreply 280April 24, 2019 8:59 PM

I think William and Harry will never truly get over Diana's death and the shitshow that happened right before and after it. William is bitter and guarded, Harry is emotionally stunted and needy. They should give both of them the heave-ho and have Anne succeed the Queen. At least her son seems reasonably normal, and he's aged better than William.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 281April 24, 2019 9:00 PM

Anne will always be my Queen. And my King.

by Anonymousreply 282April 24, 2019 9:07 PM

R280 - LOL. At this rate, by the time it rolls around, Charles may be ga-ga or permanently pissed.

by Anonymousreply 283April 24, 2019 9:10 PM

You should be advising the Queen, R281. Imagine the rapidly renewed bond between William and Harry if Queen Anne were a possibility.

by Anonymousreply 284April 24, 2019 9:10 PM

And so many heart-warming news stories about the strong bond between Kate and Meghan! The Sussexes would be moving into Apartment 1, Kensington Palace in no-time flat.

by Anonymousreply 285April 24, 2019 9:11 PM

I thought he already was, R280.

by Anonymousreply 286April 24, 2019 9:12 PM

Charles' sausage fingers strongly indicate he'll stroke out before he becomes truly demented with age.

by Anonymousreply 287April 24, 2019 9:13 PM

Just looking for news of Charles, as he was absent over Easter. It looks as though he's staying in Scotland for quite a length of time ( don't blame him really) as his next engagements are there ( 29th). Then he goes to Germany on the 7th May. So he's keeping far away from the bizarre birth, then.

by Anonymousreply 288April 24, 2019 9:17 PM

R278, had Diana lived she was never going to be Queen.

by Anonymousreply 289April 24, 2019 9:19 PM

William and Harry really do need a wake up call. Both of them seem self-indulgent and ungrateful.

by Anonymousreply 290April 24, 2019 9:20 PM

WTF?!?!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 291April 24, 2019 9:20 PM

I wondered if Charles was steering clear because of Africagate.

by Anonymousreply 292April 24, 2019 9:22 PM

R289 - I was including in that imagined scenario a still-wed Charles and Diana, in which case she would likely have both lived and become Queen.

Constitutionally speaking, I wonder what the case would have been had the two only separated, and never legally divorced; this would have precluded either remarrying, and, technically, even with the marriage broken down, Diana would still legally have been entitled to have been crowned Queen Consort, although admittedly it would have been, er, awkward. But without a divorce, technically, she still would have moved on from Princess of Wales to Queen.

by Anonymousreply 293April 24, 2019 9:25 PM

Many of the twats who work in PR or in the industry as they say in Hollywood, get undergrad degrees in communications. Let's not pretend it's a rigorous major, so it afford someone to double major easily, more so than say, microbiology which was my major. Only managed to also do minor in Russian language and doing so really knocked any chances for social life because I worked part-time too. I mention this because if Meghan was putting herself through college as she claimed, how did she have time for White sorority life, work, and double major? She's such a liar.

by Anonymousreply 294April 24, 2019 9:26 PM

R288 - Yes, that is interesting. Anyone would think Charles would have planned to be in town for the birth of Harry's first child. Although, of course, they'd copter him in quickly from Mey or Balmoral, wherever he is. And I agree he was strangely MIA as AfricaGate broke.

There is a strange aura of isolation around the Sussexes at the moment.

by Anonymousreply 295April 24, 2019 9:28 PM

The wind has been knocked out of their sails. I'm sure it will start up again soon enough.

by Anonymousreply 296April 24, 2019 9:30 PM

Here's some gossip food: Harry and his fucked-up testicle.

Enjoy. (Scroll down a bit for the story.)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 297April 24, 2019 9:33 PM

Very strange Charles not being at Easter services. There was a rumor awhile ago that Camilla was ill. Or maybe they were in a bitchy mood.

by Anonymousreply 298April 24, 2019 9:37 PM

R296 - Personally, I think the insistence on keeping the birth more private and less royal is a silent gesture of payback by the Sussexes to the Queen for the (by now obvious) refusal to grant Harry's children the coveted HRH (I don't care what Meghan publicly pretends about not wanting titles - she lives for status and would have creamed in her knickers at having given birth to real Princes and Princesses).

I can on some level understand their reasoning: if we aren't that royal, why should we agree to the tiresome royal parade?

Of course, Anne's children had no titles, not even the "Earl" or "Lady" that Harry's children will have, and it didn't stop her from leaving the Lindo wing with the new baby and enduring some photos.

Everything about Harry and Meghan seems petulant and angry.

by Anonymousreply 299April 24, 2019 9:37 PM

R291 - I keep telling myself that torontopaper is living on Jupiter but can't quite escape a niggling doubt that perhaps she does know something.

Leave it to Meghan to turn having her first child into some sort of EastEnders episode.

by Anonymousreply 300April 24, 2019 9:41 PM

R180 - It dawns upon me that I replied to myself earlier in acknowledging your posting of then Queen Elizabeth in her white mourning wardrobe on the French tour. Apologies.

R69

by Anonymousreply 301April 24, 2019 9:44 PM

Remember when Charlene tried to escape Monaco on the eve of her wedding? Good times.

by Anonymousreply 302April 24, 2019 9:46 PM

Torontopaper is NYCRealRoyal...the barely literate liar that so many cretins fell for before.

by Anonymousreply 303April 24, 2019 9:55 PM

R303 - Is she? I never knew about NYCRealRoyal. I'll look it up. Why would anyone in NYC call herself "realroyal"??

I'll be interested to see what lies she posted.

by Anonymousreply 304April 24, 2019 10:03 PM

Yeah, I can't believe Torontopaper, who seems convinced that Meghan isn't really pregnant. Meghan may be a liar and a grifter, but she is a PREGNANT liar and grifter. Unless she's already had the baby, which is possible.

by Anonymousreply 305April 24, 2019 10:04 PM

R303 - All right, I've looked NYCRealRoyal up - she sounds more like skippyisheretostay, who is certifiable, than torontopaper. As you know, I'm convinced skippy moved over from the cumberbatch coven after getting bored waiting for Mr C to divorce Mrs C and announce that the Billy Isn't His.

by Anonymousreply 306April 24, 2019 10:09 PM

Of course she's pregnant... she's too vain and shallow to fake her present state.

by Anonymousreply 307April 24, 2019 10:13 PM

You don't often see people KISS The Queen. She doesn't seem to happy about it

and what would you call that colour she's wearing? Plum? Magenta?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 308April 24, 2019 10:14 PM

My English grandmother used to say "I love her in yellow". Things like that.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 309April 24, 2019 10:17 PM

R302 - That WAS scandalous, and that undoubtedly was an IVF rescue. She was 35 when they married and her ONLY function was to give Albert heirs so that Monaco could avoid returning to a French protectorate, as the succession in Monaco still goes completely through the male line. I don't think Caroline's or Stephanie's (talk of too much backstory!) sons would have been eligible unless France agreed on a one-time basis.

Charlene at 35 would have gotten pregnant as soon as possible after the wedding but it took I think three years. So there's little doubt in my mind that those twins were IVF.

But much more was at stake for Albert (who would never have married at all left to his own devices) than Harry.

by Anonymousreply 310April 24, 2019 10:18 PM

R308 - That hand kiss is not only allowed, it's a formal custom albeit only up the royal food chain. Charles kisses his mother's hand like that (he's done so accepting prizes from her at polo matches), and there is a photograph of Philip kissing the widowed Queen Mother's hand at her husband's funeral. It's a permitted gesture - King Felipe of Spain doing it would have been completely in line with custom.

by Anonymousreply 311April 24, 2019 10:21 PM

[quote] That hand kiss is not only allowed, it's a formal custom albeit only up the royal food chain.

Mary WATCH the fucking video before you comment next time.

by Anonymousreply 312April 24, 2019 10:23 PM

R308 - "what would you call that colour she's wearing? Plum? Magenta?"

IMHO - Too much red for plum, too cool for magenta.

I believe I would have to go with unromantic plain old purple - or perhaps iris - or deep violet.

Della?

by Anonymousreply 313April 24, 2019 10:24 PM

No, Albert's sister's children could have inherited the throne if Albert never married. Monaco practices male-preference primogeniture but does not exclude female lines completely. If Albert had remained a bachelor, the line would have gone through Caroline and then her son Andrea and then his son Alexandre.

Fun fact: Illegitimate offspring can be legitimized in Monaco if their parents marry later. That's what happened with Andrea's son Alexandre. I don't think British laws of succession work that way, which is why Christopher Guest has the title rather than his older brother Anthony.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 314April 24, 2019 10:25 PM

She went from this

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 315April 24, 2019 10:26 PM

To this

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 316April 24, 2019 10:26 PM

R312 - I just watched the "fucking video". She looked perfectly fine with the gesture, and yes, it wasn't Felipe, but whoever it was, was clearly on close enough terms to do so.

What the fuck is your heat on this?

by Anonymousreply 317April 24, 2019 10:26 PM

R307 - Has been my point from the beginning. She's in competition with Kate the Perfect Breeder.

by Anonymousreply 318April 24, 2019 10:28 PM

He gave her a smacker on the cheek and you're saying all this bullshit about kissing on the hand.

[quote]She looked perfectly fine with the gesture,

No , she looks most put out.

by Anonymousreply 319April 24, 2019 10:28 PM

Some people are accusing Harry and Meghan of stealing Kate's Head's Together campaign by doing the Oprah documentary. Wasn't Head's Together supposed to be both couples coming together to raise awareness of mental health issues?

by Anonymousreply 320April 24, 2019 10:32 PM

She's not unhappy about it at all. That's often how queens are greeted. Usually kiss on both cheeks and then the hand. I've seen video of Charles doing and I think the Queen of Denmark being so greeted as well.

A bit of a fuck up here, but it's the form...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 321April 24, 2019 10:41 PM

some of it here too... she's quite used to it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 322April 24, 2019 10:43 PM

R319 - If you look up the fucking photos of Charles doing the same thing (he also greeted Queen Letizia that way) you'll see that the "smacker" on the cheek goes along with the kiss on the hand. It's a cheek/hand gesture allowed to an inner crowd of intimates.

by Anonymousreply 323April 24, 2019 10:49 PM

R308 is a perfect example of an American who has no fucking idea pontificating upon a subject on which they have limited understanding and looking like an idiot.

King Felipe is not just a fellow monarch, but family, as most of the European monarchs are. That’s how they greet each other.

by Anonymousreply 324April 24, 2019 10:59 PM

R324 - The Queen Mother allegedly allowed long-time higher level members of her household to greet her with the hand-kiss.

by Anonymousreply 325April 24, 2019 11:01 PM

Doria, finally spotted at Froggy Hollow!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 326April 24, 2019 11:22 PM

I'm sure that Frogmore is lovely inside, but from the outside, it looks like dumpy public housing.

by Anonymousreply 327April 24, 2019 11:27 PM

Meghan has a B.S. in Communications period. It is a degree itself, not some placemaker for any "understudy". If she had a B.A. in theater it would say so. I have a B.S. in Communications myself and that is how it works. Meghan also claims she studied international relations at Northwestern when they did not even offer that degree when she was there. They had a minor in international studies, which is not the same thing at all. I myself have a masters degree in IR from Northeastern. She LIED. No double major no double degree, just ONE B.S. in Communications period. Additionally the uncle for her the internship in which she lasted less than 6 months. She failed the foreign service exam to boot. Again, she LIES.

by Anonymousreply 328April 24, 2019 11:34 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 329April 24, 2019 11:34 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 330April 24, 2019 11:50 PM

Any Rose sightings in NZ?

- Not Fergie

by Anonymousreply 331April 25, 2019 12:02 AM

New Zealand is about as far off as you can get from FrogWhore, and Charles is in Scotland. Damn, ain't nobody want to be around for the blessed event.

by Anonymousreply 332April 25, 2019 12:05 AM

Aww...You can keep trying with the Rose nonsense but better if you just fuck off back to celebitchy.

by Anonymousreply 333April 25, 2019 12:22 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 334April 25, 2019 12:25 AM

Meghan's degree is in b.s., all right.

by Anonymousreply 335April 25, 2019 12:30 AM

Meghan is a minimally talented spoiled brat... a camp event and a celebrity and that’s all and the last thing anybody needs is to make a giant bomb with her that any fool could see coming.

There is no making a sow's ear into a silk purse. Time for her to be the one ghosted for a change (and how that is a bad thing given the insanity and rampaging ego of this woman and the cost of this mudslinging is beyond me).

by Anonymousreply 336April 25, 2019 1:16 AM

It would seem "the family she never had' wants nothing to do with her lying ass.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 337April 25, 2019 1:20 AM

R337, oof. It seems obvious.

But is the rumor about the family member true? And how do they know it’s her? I’m curious to see what they’re going to do about it.

by Anonymousreply 338April 25, 2019 1:26 AM

Maybe Blind Gossip has been reading these threads. Is the site even reliable?

by Anonymousreply 339April 25, 2019 1:49 AM

R221 Imelda Staunton - if you squint. Seriously though, BC is a better fit than the willowy Kirby.

by Anonymousreply 340April 25, 2019 1:59 AM

R338 her nincompoop husband might have come clean to his family, probably confessing that his wife is such a lying, conniving cunt.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 341April 25, 2019 2:04 AM

It's been said BlindGossip doesn't post blinds without corresponding evidence. DLers with inside scoop who have tried to drop to BG have been told they won't post unless more proof is provided from other sources.

by Anonymousreply 342April 25, 2019 2:19 AM

Hmmm. Will she be popping in to the trooping of the colours.

by Anonymousreply 343April 25, 2019 2:27 AM

You mean “Trooping the colours”, R343?

by Anonymousreply 344April 25, 2019 2:29 AM

Ah yes!

by Anonymousreply 345April 25, 2019 2:32 AM

Of course she'll be at Trooping the Colours. She's not going to pass up another balcony photo. It would be ridiculous to take a tiny baby out in front of that crowd.

by Anonymousreply 346April 25, 2019 2:37 AM

I know she missed the Easter service, but what was the other event?

by Anonymousreply 347April 25, 2019 2:40 AM

R347, I’m not an expert and don’t know for sure (so pointless to reply), but I assumed the Queen’s birthday celebration. Or perhaps an Earth Day event?

by Anonymousreply 348April 25, 2019 2:43 AM

You mean Trooping the Colour.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 349April 25, 2019 2:51 AM

That makes sense. It will be fun if the blind item is true and and it becomes public.

by Anonymousreply 350April 25, 2019 2:52 AM

So wonder what crappy spot on the balcony she will get this year. What if she is MIA per the Blind Gossip item?

by Anonymousreply 351April 25, 2019 2:53 AM

Two weeks from today William and Catherine are heading to the Welsh island of Anglesey for a joint engagement.

Hmm, wedding earrings making an appearance at the Easter service. A visit to the place where the couple lived as newlyweds...

Parry and thrust, point to the Cambridges.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 352April 25, 2019 3:30 AM

The color is fuschia.

by Anonymousreply 353April 25, 2019 4:08 AM

You win, R353!

by Anonymousreply 354April 25, 2019 4:27 AM

R344 Actually, it’s “Trooping The Colour”.

by Anonymousreply 355April 25, 2019 5:05 AM

Kate’s hair always looks fabulous.

by Anonymousreply 356April 25, 2019 6:33 AM

R308 going by that photo, and we all know how colours can change between photos, it’s Magenta.

by Anonymousreply 357April 25, 2019 7:04 AM

At R308, it appears very close to Pantone 2405 C.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 358April 25, 2019 7:34 AM

Fuschia and Magenta are more pink. This is more like dark lilac.

by Anonymousreply 359April 25, 2019 8:47 AM

Can you imagine how twisted Megsy is feeling, being left out of big events? As she'll certainly have no shame for what she has done / continues to do.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 360April 25, 2019 8:59 AM

[quote][R308] is a perfect example of an American who has no fucking idea pontificating upon a subject on which they have limited understanding and looking like an idiot.

Except I'm as English as crumpets for tea.

Think again, Mary.

Only idiots on DataLounge race around calling people idiot, I've noticed.

by Anonymousreply 361April 25, 2019 9:04 AM

Have you noticed that everybody is out of town when the baby will arrive ! Charles is in Scotland William and Kate are in Anglesy for an event and the queen will not be feeling well when the time is due . Nothing but Anne and Andrew and they also hate her .

by Anonymousreply 362April 25, 2019 9:15 AM

Lol, R336!

I really miss the Scott Rudin/Amy Pascal/Sony leaks drama; those were some good times here on DL!!

by Anonymousreply 363April 25, 2019 9:23 AM

I've just spotted rumours of Gayle King coming over next week. Oh great, this would isolate her further from the family she never had.

by Anonymousreply 364April 25, 2019 9:31 AM

r362 Princess Anne hates Meghan? Why?

by Anonymousreply 365April 25, 2019 9:58 AM

R365 Possibly because she is everything that Anne and Zara aren’t.

And would never be.

by Anonymousreply 366April 25, 2019 10:00 AM

I'll never forget the video of Anne, circling the party that MM was in the middle of at Ascot (?) like a predator circling its prey. MM was so animated in the face of the Queen, right in her face. Anne did the stealth walk in full circle, eyes on her, as she watched MM then turn her back to the Queen, despite being right in her face, literally inches away.

by Anonymousreply 367April 25, 2019 10:08 AM

Really that grifter cunt ! Go back to whatever you came from .

by Anonymousreply 368April 25, 2019 10:09 AM

Sounds like an interesting watch r367 - Do you have a link by any chance please?

by Anonymousreply 369April 25, 2019 10:11 AM

I'm actually looking for it R369, I'll find it eventually. One of those moments I wish I had saved! I posted it here way back when, but god knows where. I'll continue my search.

by Anonymousreply 370April 25, 2019 10:17 AM

Cheers! 👍 r370

by Anonymousreply 371April 25, 2019 10:30 AM

MM turns her focus and BACK to the Queen at Ascot.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 372April 25, 2019 10:49 AM

Anne was right outside that group, doing a full 360 circle, watching, damn, wish I could find the video.. I will, I'm free today, lol.

by Anonymousreply 373April 25, 2019 10:54 AM

Has anyone pointed out yet that it's trooping the colour?

by Anonymousreply 374April 25, 2019 10:57 AM

R362, yes. In their defense, the family must keep their busy schedules. They can’t all clear their calendars for a month.

And considering that MM is rejecting everything royal and traditional, she shouldn’t expect more than the minimum correct welcome from the family. Perhaps a casual tweet. “Congrats, Harry and Meghan, on the birth of your child! Xoxo Will and Kate”

by Anonymousreply 375April 25, 2019 11:07 AM

Do the royals generally suspend their activities when a new baby is expected?

by Anonymousreply 376April 25, 2019 11:17 AM

R376 Not really. This time, however, they seem to be going as far away as they can.

by Anonymousreply 377April 25, 2019 11:20 AM

A few times now, R374.

by Anonymousreply 378April 25, 2019 11:23 AM

Is Mulroney still hanging around? Or did MM ghost her, too?

by Anonymousreply 379April 25, 2019 11:23 AM

I think Mulroney is now surplus to requirements R379.

by Anonymousreply 380April 25, 2019 11:27 AM

Auntie Anne... disliking Megantoinette?

by Anonymousreply 381April 25, 2019 11:32 AM

Really R377, Scotland and Wales are "as far away as they can"?

by Anonymousreply 382April 25, 2019 11:32 AM

whoops...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 383April 25, 2019 11:32 AM

Does Pimp Mama Carole Middleton still live in in Kensington Palace? I quite like her bearish husband Mike.

by Anonymousreply 384April 25, 2019 11:32 AM

R379 JM seems to be turning into a lollipop

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 385April 25, 2019 11:34 AM

I will not reveal my source but Mulroney claims to still be in the picture. Now she seems the type to claim what is... less than so. But that is what the person told me who was told so by her. That said, she never says much about it, because word gets round. You gotta figure Mulroney is exactly what Meagain wants... totally subservient, totally sucking up. No one sucks up like a Mulroney... the old man was found during a colonoscopy on Ronald Reagan.

by Anonymousreply 386April 25, 2019 11:35 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 387April 25, 2019 12:01 PM

R372, there’s also a man in a top hat with his back to the Queen.

by Anonymousreply 388April 25, 2019 12:28 PM

Charles has done a reality show!

Will Meagain narrate? Will Charlotte pull focus?

Camilla will not throw wine. She's a gin drinker and waste not, want not.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 389April 25, 2019 12:30 PM

[quote]When she's not intentionally being animated, Kate's face is so severe.

That's not true at all. It's just a bad photo...or rather bad moment captured. She never looks like that.

by Anonymousreply 390April 25, 2019 12:31 PM

Your ass or your face. I'm not sure which one she's chosen. Her fact can be really hard... very pronounced features, yet rounded. Like her mother's wide, often harsh edges and her father puffiness. She can look great but she's not beautiful and never will be. She is attractive, wth terrific eyes and gorgeous hair. It pains me to say, but Megantoinette is more naturally pretty. But then she opens her mouth and it nothing else matters.

by Anonymousreply 391April 25, 2019 12:34 PM

She looks like someone who never enjoys a pudding...or a bag of Minstrels. A little sugar in the diet is a GOOD THING.

by Anonymousreply 392April 25, 2019 12:38 PM

I doubt she would be animated during a sombre service. After that, her face can light up, of course. One thing, she doesn't look like a blow up doll, which unfortunately MM did, during Commonwealth Day.

by Anonymousreply 393April 25, 2019 12:40 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 394April 25, 2019 12:46 PM

She looks quite animated chatting to Harry. Of course, it could be that they were instructed to act for the cameras to show there is no rift, like during Christmas church walk, but even then, it only shows that Kate is a better actress than Meghan.

by Anonymousreply 395April 25, 2019 12:48 PM

R391 has venom for everyone and I love it.

by Anonymousreply 396April 25, 2019 12:56 PM

God, that blue coat is stunning on her.

by Anonymousreply 397April 25, 2019 1:00 PM

It’s all relative, R382, in the scheme of things. They aren’t exactly hanging around Frog Manor are they?

by Anonymousreply 398April 25, 2019 1:06 PM

Long Live the Queen!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 399April 25, 2019 1:16 PM

R398 Relative to what? Why would they be hanging around? Not many people plan their "work" commitments around the due date of their sister-in-law.

by Anonymousreply 400April 25, 2019 1:25 PM

We called it! The Duchy of Suck Sex has updated her Insta, for Anzac Day.....al about herself and Harry the Handbag. She's added a pic of Kate, surprisingly, from today. And LOADS of herself, not from today.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 401April 25, 2019 1:40 PM

"The Duke and Duchess of Sussex attended this service last year in addition to the dawn service. They also paid their respects at the #ANZAC memorial in Sydney during their official tour last fall. Having devoted ten years of service to military duty, including two tours in Afghanistan, The Duke completed his time of service with four weeks with the Australian Defence Force. Their Royal Highnesses remain committed to supporting serving members of the Armed Forces, veterans and the families that support them BLAH BLAH BLAH "

by Anonymousreply 402April 25, 2019 1:41 PM

She's not in attendance, yet turns it into a day about herself, knowing she'll grab headlines with her posts. She is truly disgusting.

by Anonymousreply 403April 25, 2019 1:45 PM

The Queen attends the funeral of her close friend Jeanie, Countess of Carnarvon in Highclere, Newbury.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 404April 25, 2019 1:48 PM

From Tumblr

The Instagram posts on the separate accounts really reflect the values of the Cambridge’s and Sussex... KP’s pics are all from today and inclusive of Harry. Of course Meg who’s not in attendance has to include 3 or 4 pics of herself from past events on SussexRoyal. It’s amazing how people can’t see right through this woman.

by Anonymousreply 405April 25, 2019 1:51 PM

R344 - Actually, it's Trooping the Colour (no plural).

by Anonymousreply 406April 25, 2019 1:54 PM

The KensingtonRoyal Instagram is a nice contrast. It only shows photos from this year's service and actually describes what ANZAC Day commemorates in the first paragraph of the caption.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 407April 25, 2019 1:55 PM

I bet today is another event where MM was famously told " Not Allowed! " She's being cold-shouldered. And about time. Suchh a contrast in the KP account, R407. Professionally done with courtesy. Not the ramblings of a lunatic, like the other page.

by Anonymousreply 408April 25, 2019 1:58 PM

R391 - "Naturally" pretty? You overlooked the brutalised hair, the nose jobs, and the veneers. Her breasts are low-placed on her sternum, she has ghastly legs, no waist, and is built like a box between the shoulders and hips.

Both women are, in fact, reasonably pleasant looking, hardly classic beauties, and mostly forgettable without all the effort both go to for presentation. Girls who look like Meghan litter the streets of south L.A., and girls who look like Kate litter the nice suburbs of the Home Counties.

Diana outclassed both of them to the 10th power.

by Anonymousreply 409April 25, 2019 2:01 PM

I hope nobody at Frogmire is checking out the photos on the Kensington Insta. Yoga mats will fly.

by Anonymousreply 410April 25, 2019 2:07 PM

She included pictures of herself from a year ago to commemorate the day. What a freak.

by Anonymousreply 411April 25, 2019 2:09 PM

So what's up with this conspicuous display of warmth between Harry and Kate? Let's have fun speculating on this latest installment in the soap opera.

Is he sheepishly doing penance for his and Meghan's misdeeds toward the family? Are Kate and William allowing him to redeem himself (if not his wife), with an eye to the future?

by Anonymousreply 412April 25, 2019 2:10 PM

MM will use that, on divorce, and screech " Look! They were having an affair! "

by Anonymousreply 413April 25, 2019 2:12 PM

Re Diana's looks - she was a perfect storm of great attributes. I would say the two most important were her height and her long English nose with its aristocratic bump. Without either of those, she wouldn't have been the same striking beauty.

by Anonymousreply 414April 25, 2019 2:13 PM

Imagine the state of Markle's wig, right now, in shreds.....

by Anonymousreply 415April 25, 2019 2:14 PM

Wow. They should have put the paragraphs about ANZAC day above the paragraphs describing the stuff that H and M have done on ANZAC day in the past. I cannot believe that she put up year-old photos of herself at the event last year. And of course one photo shows William standing behind H and M.

by Anonymousreply 416April 25, 2019 2:15 PM

I picture Meghan regally composing her photo captions. She also likes to use the Instagram filters and editing tools. She's good at social media, and clearly enjoying being back at it, in an official capacity.

by Anonymousreply 417April 25, 2019 2:16 PM

Huh? Did we forget about Chris Ship's tweet pre-Morocco? 8 months?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 418April 25, 2019 2:19 PM

That makes her 10 months pregnant lol

by Anonymousreply 419April 25, 2019 2:20 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 420April 25, 2019 2:32 PM

R387, that’s a Remembrance Day service, should she be leading a conga line and mixing cocktails?

by Anonymousreply 421April 25, 2019 2:36 PM

That's a beautiful teal colour on the DOC.

by Anonymousreply 422April 25, 2019 2:39 PM

The baby’s birth— if it ever happens— is going to be completely anticlimactic.

I don’t think anyone cares anymore.

I’m reading a lot of, “well, if she wants privacy, so be it.. I’m so bored with this anyway” comments online.

by Anonymousreply 423April 25, 2019 2:45 PM

Kate really needs help in the makeup department! The heavy brows and smoky eye, plus nude lips make her look 100x worse than she needs to. One small vial of Juvederm in the lips would work wonders, as well.

by Anonymousreply 424April 25, 2019 2:46 PM

Don't be a twat R421. The post was about how severe the DoC's face LOOKS. It didn't say she should have been animated. In the images from the same event when she's speaking or smiling, her face looks different.

I agree somewhat with R390's accusation of it being a bad photo. The image is over-saturated and that makes the lines of Kate's face and her makeup look more severe. She's been photographed looking like this many times though so it's not a one-off. I agree with R391 that Kate looks more like Carole as she ages.

by Anonymousreply 425April 25, 2019 2:47 PM

Ten pounds of weight would do wonders for Kate's face. I also think it's about time she went with shoulder-length hair rather than the long curls, and I agree she should soften the eye makeup. All of these changes together would easily take 5 years off her, if not more.

by Anonymousreply 426April 25, 2019 2:52 PM

I think it's just the lighting. She looks great in other pictures.

by Anonymousreply 427April 25, 2019 2:53 PM

I would LOVE Kensington Palace (aka Cambridge Central) to congratulate Harry and Meghan on the birth of their "insert gender here" BEFORE SussexRoyal can release the details themselves. Oh bring on the bitchiness!

by Anonymousreply 428April 25, 2019 2:56 PM

I think it's safe to say that it might be torture for a sensitive woman to appear in public with tons of photographs all over the world, whose husband has been exposed for having an affair with one of her close friends. People laughing, sneering or pitying her all over the world.

Same for MM. Whilst she's undoubtedly a lot harder and less sheltered than Kate, the horrible attacks in the press and the internet must make it an ordeal to appear in public and appear carefree.

by Anonymousreply 429April 25, 2019 2:57 PM

But she brought many of the attacks on herself, with her cluelessly entitled behavior. Anybody with half a brain should have known a half-million-dollar baby shower was a really, really dumb move in the age of Brexit.

by Anonymousreply 430April 25, 2019 3:01 PM

In the other hand, some people don’t have enough money to buy food for their kids and have to work 2 jobs today. So, the royal family’s “suffering” is relative.

by Anonymousreply 431April 25, 2019 3:02 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 432April 25, 2019 3:03 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 433April 25, 2019 3:06 PM

Agree 100& R423. A sleek 'do, just above shoulder length, with height and fullness. Sort of Jackie-esque. Long and lush enough to still be youthful and sexy, but a little more mature and polished. DOMINANT hair. Kate's locks are versatile, with great body, and can do this.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 434April 25, 2019 3:06 PM

Oops sorry meant for R426, my Kate hair comment.

by Anonymousreply 435April 25, 2019 3:07 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 436April 25, 2019 3:10 PM

R429, has the affair been confirmed? I thought it was just a rumor at this point.

by Anonymousreply 437April 25, 2019 3:14 PM

Oooh, I like it, R434! And both Jackie and Kate are natural brunettes with olive skin complexions; I think that hair would look lovely on Kate...

It would be nice if she would change/lighten up her makeup routine too (less dark, less smokey); it would do wonders for her look in general (and I already think Kate is very naturally attractive).

by Anonymousreply 438April 25, 2019 3:14 PM

R432, thanks for that. That poor, little girl... a nice moment for William, for a change.

by Anonymousreply 439April 25, 2019 3:15 PM

Much is being made at Celebitchy of this Instagram post.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 440April 25, 2019 3:17 PM

Kate looks great!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 441April 25, 2019 3:18 PM

Kate looked very elegant! The color is gorgeous.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 442April 25, 2019 3:20 PM

Diana looked lovely in blue too!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 443April 25, 2019 3:21 PM

Will looks like he's kneeling on the floor with this little patient.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 444April 25, 2019 3:22 PM

The young Queen was pretty.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 445April 25, 2019 3:23 PM

The "Sussex Smirk" on display.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 446April 25, 2019 3:25 PM

Had they let her MEghan would have been right there front and center smirking. I am surprised they've been able to reign her in for the time being. This famewhore would love for her water break in front of the cameras. Imagine the headlines! It would be talked about forever and she could play off how incredible relatable and committed she pretends to be.

by Anonymousreply 447April 25, 2019 3:34 PM

Perish the thought, but if she were there today, would her and Harry not have been walking and seated ahead of Kate, as Wills is away? She would NEVER have let her walk alongside them.

by Anonymousreply 448April 25, 2019 3:39 PM

Catherine Walker seems to be a one-trick pony.

by Anonymousreply 449April 25, 2019 3:47 PM

Pfft. Lea Seydoux, again, why?

by Anonymousreply 450April 25, 2019 3:54 PM

Kate has a signature look for the events, much like the Queen, and I think it suits her. She looks polished and appropriate.

by Anonymousreply 451April 25, 2019 3:56 PM

R414 - Re Diana's looks, I agree on the height, but not on the nose. You forget the gorgeous skin, gorgeous legs, and huge blue eyes. The nose went with it all but wasn't defining. It was the height, the legs, the colouring - and that complexion.

I love Kate's outfit today, the colour is one of her best, and the coat itself has a very 1940s Retro look, finished off nicely with the covered buttons.

I think the matey chatting between Kate and Harry is perhaps only slightly forced - they're clearly aware they need to keep the side up to offset the feud but it's also likely that the issue probably was never between these two, anyway, but between Harry and William, and William and Meghan.

R450 - wrong thread.

by Anonymousreply 452April 25, 2019 3:57 PM

R437 - The affair would never be "confirmed" by anything other than assertions by people in Meghan's camp. There isn't a shred of evidence or William's lawyers wouldn't have sent off that warning to the press, who have since laid off. If the press knew they had proof of any other sort than Mean Girl Gossip, they'd have told William to stuff it and gleefully went forward.

Just as they would if and when they get their hands on Megha's sex tape.

by Anonymousreply 453April 25, 2019 4:00 PM

I disagree that MEghan is a more natural beauty. Like oft repeated, she is completely manufactured. In fact, look at her interaction with children, they literally recoil from her as if she was a malevolent presence. Meanwhile, Catherine carries an easy grace about her, and I appreciate that she is not afraid of having defining features that some imagine as looking harsh. I have no problem with her slender figure either but I come from a culture where we are simply very thin. I clearly remember Diana when she went through her gaunt phase and I just don't see it with the DoC. She owns her own unique style with gives her an air of authenticity that is sorely lacking with the DoS.

by Anonymousreply 454April 25, 2019 4:06 PM

And what a year it was!

This will take you spinning back in time!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 455April 25, 2019 4:07 PM

^^^correction: ...WHICH gives her an air of authenticity that is sorely lacking with the DoS.

by Anonymousreply 456April 25, 2019 4:08 PM

Fashion plate.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 457April 25, 2019 4:12 PM

She always had a way with children.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 458April 25, 2019 4:13 PM

Lovely, lovely, lovely.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 459April 25, 2019 4:15 PM

Worn more than once.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 460April 25, 2019 4:17 PM

Yet again, my favorite photo of Anne.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 461April 25, 2019 4:19 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 462April 25, 2019 4:20 PM

No greige for these two.

(I Love the Queen in orange)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 463April 25, 2019 4:26 PM

Princess Anne has BDF for days!

by Anonymousreply 464April 25, 2019 4:29 PM

1966 - when Warren first saw Julie.

& Julie met The Queen.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 465April 25, 2019 4:29 PM

Re the Morocco tweet that put MM around 8 months as of Feb 23: that would makes her around 44 weeks now.

Sure, the timelines are fuzzy, but we’re getting into some weird territory here.

Also, her whole body was fucking huge in Morocco. The kind of huge, ungainly bloat you usually only see in the week or so before birth.

Yet, that was almost 10 weeks ago...

by Anonymousreply 466April 25, 2019 4:33 PM

Why does Anne dye her hair that monotone, dark brown color? Most women go lighter when they go gray but not Anne. Very odd.

by Anonymousreply 467April 25, 2019 4:37 PM

Is the British press generating fewer stories about the upcoming birth in protest to being frozen out? It feels that way to me.

by Anonymousreply 468April 25, 2019 4:41 PM

*to protest being frozen out.

by Anonymousreply 469April 25, 2019 4:42 PM

Well, they did explicitly say they wanted their privacy, so... Besides, in MEghan's millennial mind, she doesn't need them. She is going to break the internet releasing the baby photo on her IG to demonstrate the sm powerhouse she believes herself to be. She's living her wet dream!

by Anonymousreply 470April 25, 2019 4:46 PM

If torontopaper is to be taken seriously (and I don’t know if it is), then MM seems to be trying to extort some sort of payment from the RF.

Wouldn’t it be fabulous if she faked the pregnancy, then threatened to reveal the fakery unless they cut her a check?

But what would the exit plan be? Fake miscarriage? Bit late for that (and unbelievably bad juju.)

Though I suppose it’s probably more a run of the mill “pay me to go away” divorce situation.

by Anonymousreply 471April 25, 2019 4:47 PM

I was just thinking, what scandal if there was no baby AND no surrogate.

by Anonymousreply 472April 25, 2019 4:50 PM

She's getting a lot of backlash on her Anzac Day Instagram post.

by Anonymousreply 473April 25, 2019 4:51 PM

Not only did MM feature pics of herself on the ANZAC post, one of them is her front and enter with a full on smirk, looking directly into the camera.

And some shots of the beautiful black housecoat she was wearing to ANZAC Day last year. 😒

She’s such a dumb and trashy bitch.

by Anonymousreply 474April 25, 2019 4:55 PM

In the last pic in the Anzac post (her in the black housecoat without bulky jacket) she actually looks pregnant. But she’s always been very thick in the middle so who knows.

by Anonymousreply 475April 25, 2019 5:01 PM

She's pregnant. You can't tell me the grey men of the Palace haven't been looking at her medical records since day one, and pregnant women go to the doctor regularly for checkups. No, it's not legal, but they've got the power to get their hands on those records anyway. First babies are often late, and who knows what the real timeline of the pregnancy is? Also, for all we know she's already had the baby.

by Anonymousreply 476April 25, 2019 5:02 PM

That is because Anzac Day to a shitty and narcissistic, fake-ass bitch is of course all about reminiscing how she looked a year ago on Anzac Day. She's pathological as well as being awful trash.

by Anonymousreply 477April 25, 2019 5:02 PM

Nail on the head, R477

by Anonymousreply 478April 25, 2019 5:11 PM

“How do you do?”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 479April 25, 2019 5:11 PM

You know, most of us on any kind of social media are guilty of one selfie too many, perhaps, or a bit too much virtue-signaling or humblebragging or all around doucheyness. If we have a bit of self-awareness, we pull back now and then. “No, I’m not going to post myself here.” Now imagine you’ve joined the royal family. You simply must check that impulse altogether. When in doubt, be humble and self-effacing, it’s the default. But this goes against everything an actress is about.

by Anonymousreply 480April 25, 2019 5:17 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 481April 25, 2019 5:35 PM

Interesting. Prince William is trending on Twitter, and the tweets all seem to be about "cheating."

As we know, Twitter trending hashtags are all 100% completely organic and natural.

by Anonymousreply 482April 25, 2019 5:41 PM

Meghan has pushed the Royal Family's buttons more in 12 months than Diana did in 12 years. If I were Meghan, I'd be very careful about which cars and planes I got into.

by Anonymousreply 483April 25, 2019 5:44 PM

Seriously, check out Twitter if you have it. 223K tweets of the #PrinceWilliam hashtag so far, which is insane. What's going on here?

by Anonymousreply 484April 25, 2019 5:49 PM

R483, here’s where we get to see how low Sunshine Sachs is willing to go for a client.

I predict it will be VERY low.

When Sparkles is out of the family, I hope the funding source for all this P.R. against the RF is revealed. Because you know damn well Sparkles’ take from the “Suits” stint couldn’t cover it a fraction of it.

by Anonymousreply 485April 25, 2019 5:49 PM

Yes, William is also drinking more, according to some. Very low.

by Anonymousreply 486April 25, 2019 5:51 PM

So who’s behind it r485, and what’s their motive?

by Anonymousreply 487April 25, 2019 5:52 PM

R484, I’m guessing it’s about 90% Sunshine Sachs Bots and 10% deranged fangurls.

Who is paying for this behind the scenes? And what exactly is in it for them? At this point, I’m inclined to believe it’s more than just Sparky attempting to extort the RF.

by Anonymousreply 488April 25, 2019 5:53 PM

I went on my twitter and don't see him trending. It's a shame if he did cheat while being married and being a father. (people make stupid mistakes in their youth when teenagers and figuring themselves put. Harry cheated as well).

In that environment it seems to be the norm and accepted so it's not such a big tragedy. My issue is the timing and it seems to me to be leaked by meghan and Harry.

What gnaws at me is that it's a blatant attempt to make william look like villain number 1. And the Cambridge marriage a farce. Its hurtful to the kids as George is getting old enough to understand and may hear things in school. And by making william look bad in turn it makes meghan and Harry look like they are the perfect couple and better in every possible way. And absolves them of any mistakes.

Thats my issue. I think meghan and Harry's nasty victim sociopathic behavior is worse than cheating to me. Sorry to say.

by Anonymousreply 489April 25, 2019 5:55 PM

The belated revenge of Mohamed Al-Fayed? His megabucks could buy a lot of Twitter bots.

by Anonymousreply 490April 25, 2019 5:56 PM

R489 are you in the US? It's happening in "United States trends." (I checked my settings, which are not customized just for me.)

by Anonymousreply 491April 25, 2019 5:57 PM

Sorry, to clarify, I have my settings on the general "United States trends" (as opposed to Los Angeles or something). And PW is trending HARD right now. Am I seeing things?

by Anonymousreply 492April 25, 2019 5:59 PM

The Cambridges will weather this: If they stay together and keep smiling, eventually the rumors will die down. It helps that most of the public doesn't want it to be true. They like the happy families fantasy. All of the power and money is behind Will and Kate, anyway. If Meghan is the source of the rumors, the Powers That Be will deal with her. I'm not saying they've got a tunnel and a Mercedes with her name on it, but they'll figure out some way to shut her up. Could just come in the form of writing her a big check to go away.

by Anonymousreply 493April 25, 2019 5:59 PM

I can't see any news leak that justifies all the tweets?

Poor Meghan if William's cheating overshadows the birth!

by Anonymousreply 494April 25, 2019 6:00 PM

This Twitter trending of William has got to be Markle's PR Cabal and her Flying Social Media Monkeys Jesus, this is all out war, if you ask me. That bitch is truly UNHINGED.....

by Anonymousreply 495April 25, 2019 6:01 PM

It's like an army onslaught. Organised for when William is out of the country. See how all the Meg stans have emojis of "roses" in their names, bios, tweets, etc.

by Anonymousreply 496April 25, 2019 6:02 PM

I know, right? If only Wallis and David had had social media....

by Anonymousreply 497April 25, 2019 6:02 PM

Well if Strong Write / Write Life is her, how unhinged she is , is blatant to see. I notice she goes on lockdown, during an onslaught. Ringleader.

by Anonymousreply 498April 25, 2019 6:04 PM

It's really odd that there are so many comments about him cheating, but no new information is referenced in any of the comments.

by Anonymousreply 499April 25, 2019 6:06 PM

" We have now got delivery dates from 20th April - 20th June "...oh dear God, NOOOO! I can't take any more, lol

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 500April 25, 2019 6:07 PM

Interesting that Prince William isn't trending in the UK.

by Anonymousreply 501April 25, 2019 6:08 PM

Interesting that it's trending in the US.

Where Sunshine Sachs is located.

by Anonymousreply 502April 25, 2019 6:10 PM

It is, it must just be a US campaign. I'm disgusted, to be honest. My partner says they can get rid of Markle in 2020, eaten by a crocodile. That bitch will never stop with the aggression, if if she were to divorce.

by Anonymousreply 503April 25, 2019 6:13 PM

* even if I mean

by Anonymousreply 504April 25, 2019 6:14 PM

However it started, the trend is seriously shitty, unkind on a human level, hurtful to William, his wife and his children, and damaging to the monarchy. Seems to me the BRF were pretty nice to Meghan, until she started with obvious shenanigans. Why all the seething hatred from her fans?

by Anonymousreply 505April 25, 2019 6:18 PM

Her fans have cast William, and to a lesser extent Kate, as the villain in Meghan and Harry's lives.

by Anonymousreply 506April 25, 2019 6:26 PM

Well, the founder of Sunshine Sachs isn’t exactly known for his “take the high road” approach to PR.

And this IS a PR smear campaign, people.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 507April 25, 2019 6:28 PM

[quote]Her fans have cast William, and to a lesser extent Kate, as the villain in Meghan and Harry's lives.

You mean "Fangurls"

by Anonymousreply 508April 25, 2019 6:28 PM

But is Ken Sunshine kind? That is my only question.

by Anonymousreply 509April 25, 2019 6:29 PM

Well, lemme count the ways, R505...no grand 21 room apartment at KP which they had been promised...put in the back row at Remembrance Day with a German prison matron...no country house...given former servants' quarters Frogmore Cottage...."Not allowed!"..."scarfgate"...all the family and friends who told PH not to marry her...no prestigious patronages..and last but not least - shipped off to darkest Africa by the grey men in suits.

Revenge? You ain't seen nuthin' yet.

by Anonymousreply 510April 25, 2019 6:30 PM

I really mean the unhinged people who seem to worship her, R508.

by Anonymousreply 511April 25, 2019 6:30 PM

They're waiting for Meghan to have the baby for the gloves to TRULY come off: Africa was a warning shot. At the rate she's going, she'd better hang onto that child for dear life, because Harry won't give her another one. She may think she has him wrapped around her finger, but Harry's a Windsor born and bred, and eventually he'll fall into line.

by Anonymousreply 512April 25, 2019 6:30 PM

I just don't understand why she started playing dirty like this so quickly?! At least be smart in game playing. If William and Kate did something really horrible but only expressing caution that they rushed in too quickly isn't that bad. William was smiley at the wedding wasn't sending signs that he hates her or is moody. And he was really welcoming to her at that church event after prince Louis was born.

by Anonymousreply 513April 25, 2019 6:31 PM

“German prison matron...”

😂 Love DL.

by Anonymousreply 514April 25, 2019 6:31 PM

How did she even get fangurls? It's not like she was a big star in the US.

by Anonymousreply 515April 25, 2019 6:34 PM

She's a STAR NOW - that's how.

by Anonymousreply 516April 25, 2019 6:35 PM

She's one of the most famous people in the Western World - whether you like it or not.

by Anonymousreply 517April 25, 2019 6:37 PM

R513 Because she wanted to modernise the monarchy? And when she got shot down, the narc in her rose to an unstoppable level?

by Anonymousreply 518April 25, 2019 6:39 PM

She's a ROCK STAR, people! Get with the program.

by Anonymousreply 519April 25, 2019 6:40 PM

I'm seeing some memes on Instagram about the cheating. If these rumours came out before megs was in the picture then I'd be into it and just be like whatever, royal life. But the timing is suspect and only only meghan and her usa gang/stans benefit.

by Anonymousreply 520April 25, 2019 6:44 PM

How to spot a Bot.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 521April 25, 2019 6:47 PM

There are plenty of people who find her skin color significant. There was a comment on the Anzac Day IG post that started out “As a Caribbean person...” and went on to bitch about people complimenting Kate. Some POC find her aspirational and have canonized her already. On the other end of the spectrum are the people who hate her because she’s part black.

It’s not an issue for most people, but it certainly is for some.

by Anonymousreply 522April 25, 2019 6:49 PM

Meghan is cunning and ruthless, but she's up against a 1000-year-old institution. She may have some minor victories in the beginning, but she won't win the war. I wonder if she even knows what her goal is at this point? She has to know they'll never put her on the same level as Kate and Will, no matter how many nasty rumors she starts. In fact, the more she acts out, the more they'll freeze her out. Does she just want money and is angling for a big payout to shut up and go away?

by Anonymousreply 523April 25, 2019 6:55 PM

The person who should suffer for this is Harry.

No matter what happens with Sparky, give him his trust fund (in installments) and kick him OUT.

by Anonymousreply 524April 25, 2019 6:56 PM

R524, while he’s a complete idiot, Harry was also particularly vulnerable to Meghan’s manipulation. Any grifter worth her salt would be able to see his soft spots. The whole world saw the situation with his mother and his subsequent issues. He’d be an easier mark than William ever was.

He would want to recreate a situation where he could protect the charming do-gooder princess from his stuffy old family. This time, he’d be able to soothe her hurt, to save her in time, to be the favorite.

It’s like trying to blame a traffic cone for being crushed by a bulldozer.

by Anonymousreply 525April 25, 2019 7:06 PM

He would want to recreate a situation where he could protect the charming do-gooder princess from his stuffy old family and at the same time fuck his family up the ass.

Fixed it for you.

by Anonymousreply 526April 25, 2019 7:15 PM

While I agree that a traffic cone is smarter, R525, I can’t sympathize. Prince Dimwit treated his past girlfriends poorly and was smart enough to play passive aggressive games with them (“you can accompany me to my buddy’s wedding, but buy your own ticket, Cressida”). Meanwhile we are supposed to feel sorry for him because he can’t disentangle himself from an American grifter everyone else could see from Mars.

The RF should spilling their own tea about his drug issues. Why not? Thanks to his stupidity, everyone else in his family has been thrown under the bus. It’s his turn now.

by Anonymousreply 527April 25, 2019 7:16 PM

R526, haha, no argument from me.

R527, ditto. I’m surprised no one else tried it. Meghan was the only one? Eh. Probably all the other grifters realized it was more trouble than it’s worth.

by Anonymousreply 528April 25, 2019 7:30 PM

Very memorable interview from the mid-80s.

She has a good sense of humour, you'll see.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 529April 25, 2019 7:32 PM

R529...I feel pretty sure it's never , ever been Princess Anne's wish to be Queen... but, by god, she'd be fabulous! There's more than a touch of her Great Grandmother there too......

by Anonymousreply 530April 25, 2019 7:40 PM

So, has the Rubicon been crossed yet? Are the BRF and MEGain never, ever, ever getting back together? (God I hope so.)

by Anonymousreply 531April 25, 2019 7:55 PM

I just watched all three parts of the video at R529. Very enjoyable.

by Anonymousreply 532April 25, 2019 8:10 PM

Yes, I think the Africa announcement was basically the RF telling Meghan and Harry to hit the road.

by Anonymousreply 533April 25, 2019 8:13 PM

Hit the Road, Jack

by Anonymousreply 534April 25, 2019 8:19 PM

Still talled that she refers to Louis and Queen w/o titles but insists on her titles on every IG post! So ends up seeming very passive aggressive

by Anonymousreply 535April 25, 2019 8:19 PM

Buckingham Palace has refused to confirm or deny that Megan is going to name the baby "Lashonda" if its a girl.

by Anonymousreply 536April 25, 2019 8:23 PM

R536, I would love it if Meghan named the baby Aaliyah or Shanice or something. It would be world-class trolling. My respect for her would skyrocket.

by Anonymousreply 537April 25, 2019 8:30 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 538April 25, 2019 8:30 PM

Harry has charisma when he's not being weighted down by Meghan's camera-hogging and desperate clinging.

Oh well: Perhaps he'll do better with the second wife. You know there's going to be one.

by Anonymousreply 539April 25, 2019 8:36 PM

R539, he KNOWS not to outshine her.

by Anonymousreply 540April 25, 2019 8:41 PM

R538 Their looks are looking past the recent trauma and remembering who each other used to be before MeAgain intruded. This is an affirming and normalizing moment for both of them.

Harry has to be becoming aware of how much happier and relaxed he is when Meghan is not pawing at his arm and subtly controlling his every twitch.

by Anonymousreply 541April 25, 2019 8:43 PM

I stumbled on a good Insta account for vintage royalty pix, if anyone’s interested. Feels worlds away from today’s cheap melodramas.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 542April 25, 2019 8:47 PM

No matter if she's as sweet as a newborn baby bunny or if she's actually this ten headed Hydra you all paint her as being, THIS is what accompanies Meghan's every move. She cannot rub her eye without it being known IF there is truth to the possibility that she actually IS a grifting schemer bringing discord to the BRF, leaving trails of destruction in her wake. Surely she must know by now.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 543April 25, 2019 8:48 PM

R541 So then he bids his farewell to Kate, goes home to Twitter drama, and says…what?

by Anonymousreply 544April 25, 2019 8:48 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 545April 25, 2019 8:49 PM

Look who's absent.

by Anonymousreply 546April 25, 2019 8:50 PM

R544 He says, "yeah, it was nice to feel comfortable with Kate and the rest of my family after all this past year's stress. How's the baby coming, honey?"

by Anonymousreply 547April 25, 2019 9:03 PM

Was it someone on DL who posted this? I kept it and seeing Harry with Kate reminded me of it.

[quote]. She steals every scene from him. he just lurks in the background like a sad ginger ghost.

by Anonymousreply 548April 25, 2019 9:05 PM

What is your point, R543? That Meghan is constantly watched? She knew the golden fishbowl was the price of marrying Harry. She gladly made that Devil's bargain in exchange for worldwide fame. In the year she's been married, she's done everything possible to bring even more attention to herself. I can't feel sorry for her if she finds the glare of the spotlight too hot right now.

by Anonymousreply 549April 25, 2019 9:06 PM

Re R549, sorry about the extra periods in the quote.

by Anonymousreply 550April 25, 2019 9:09 PM

Yes -#PrinceWilliam is trending - sample tweet below

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 551April 25, 2019 9:20 PM

R551, “Meghan Markle: Just existing”

Oh, my sides.

by Anonymousreply 552April 25, 2019 9:24 PM

R547 I have two different fan-fiction versions in my head:

#1 [Harry strides into a well-appointed den at Frogmore, where Meghan lies on a divan, scrolling through her phone.] M: Well, hello there. You certainly were BEAMING at your sainted sister-in-law today. H: Not the only thespian in the family, then, eh? M: [giggling salaciously]: Mmmmm, come here, you bad boy! Well done!

(That version is inspired by accounts I've read of Diana looking at morning headlines where she outshines Charles, and crowing, "Done it! Done it, done it, done it!")

#2. [Harry slowly enters a well-appointed den at Frogmore, where Meghan lies on a divan, scrolling through her phone.] M: Well, hello there. You certainly were BEAMING at your sainted sister-in-law today. H: Never mind that. What the FUCK is Twitter on about? M: [coldly] I'm sure I have no idea what you're talking about.

by Anonymousreply 553April 25, 2019 9:26 PM

R543 That’s absolute rubbish.

It really grates when people claim the BRFs every move is watched. It’s not. We see around 1% of their lives - and, since Diana, they have more privacy than they’ve ever had before.

by Anonymousreply 554April 25, 2019 9:29 PM

R549, exactly. She WANTED IT.

I keep thinking of her snide commentary about princesses on the now-cached “The Tig”. How superior she supposed she was, to Duchess Kate. She already had a chip on her shoulder about Kate.

Sometimes women do this thing that has nothing to do with men, but about other women. For instance, we all know the saying that women don’t dress for men; they dress for other women. And I had a friend who was carrying on with a married man. One day I realized that she rarely talked about this man. She mostly talked about what a bitch his wife was, and how miserable his wife made him and what a cunt and why was he even with her when he could be with my friend who was so much sexier and better than THAT frau. Once in a while she’d mention a restaurant he took her to, or how they had to fuck in his car because he was too broke for a motel. Point is, she didn’t care about HIM, she cared about besting this woman she’d never met.

So I think it was with Meghan. Kate represents something to her, and she resents it and she wants to get AT it and destroy it. I’d guess it was a class thing, but Kate is not a true generational aristocrat. She should be shooting her arrows at another target, but they seem mostly focused on Kate.

by Anonymousreply 555April 25, 2019 9:33 PM

I do think that perhaps the previous poster was implying that MM is being watched by British Intelligence, or some such other agency.

by Anonymousreply 556April 25, 2019 9:37 PM

The Queen sent a message of condolence to the Luxembourg Royal Family on the death of Grand Duke Jean at 98 years old.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 557April 25, 2019 9:41 PM

Although not an aristocrat, Kate by all reports had a very loving, sheltered, and supportive family life and childhood. That is very hard to find.

MM had the opposite. Dysfunctional, trashy, chaotic, and splintered childhood and family. I can see why MM envies Kate.

I still get a very “off” vibe from Doria. Her whole backstory seems sketchy and sleazy.

Then we have Mr Trashbag himself, Thomas.

by Anonymousreply 558April 25, 2019 9:42 PM

April at R551 describes herself as a "Christian minister and teacher", on her, WAIT FOR IT....GoFund Me page. I'm going to troll her on behalf of the UK.

by Anonymousreply 559April 25, 2019 9:42 PM

So fickle that you have all forgotten about me.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 560April 25, 2019 9:45 PM

MM!s level of narcissism would usually be an “equal and opposite” reaction to something undesirable in her upbringing.

That is, true narcissists react to horrible childhoods by basically saying to themselves, “I’m a perfect, Pretty Princess. This can’t be happening to me because I’m perfect.”

So I wonder what provoked this overcompensation from MM?

by Anonymousreply 561April 25, 2019 9:47 PM

R552, that's a keeper.

by Anonymousreply 562April 25, 2019 9:49 PM

It could also be that Meghan resents Kate because Kate ISN'T an aristocrat. She sees them as equals and doesn't understand why Kate gets all of these extra perks that are denied to Meghan. She doesn't seem to understand that 1) Kate has been putting the time in for going on 20 years now and 2) in a monarchy, marrying the heir gets you thinks that marrying the spare will never, ever get you. Ironically, if Meghan had behaved herself well with Kate and Will, she'd have lost out on so many perks, like the big apartment at Kensington and access to the good jewelry.

by Anonymousreply 563April 25, 2019 9:55 PM

gets you THINGS and WOULDN'T have lost out on so many perks. Christ, we need an edit button.

by Anonymousreply 564April 25, 2019 9:56 PM

It's funny that in a few recent articles that Doria's " missing in action " days have been briefly explained as her being an air stewardess and away a lot. I mean, in each article, just a tiny throwaway sentence, but it got it in there. This isn't the first time that MM has tried to copy Kate's background narrative ( and didn't Carole work ground, anyway? ). But these few sentences were bandied about when the " Doria the Jailbird " rumours picked up traction again. Such a crock of crap. As is the Doria the Make-Up Artist crap, when it's transparent that Thomas just banged up a teenage Doria.

by Anonymousreply 565April 25, 2019 10:03 PM

" Don't do anything for anyone, Flower, unless they can do something for you ".

by Anonymousreply 566April 25, 2019 10:05 PM

R565, I caught that. Doria wasn’t any flight attendant. Not buying that story. Makeup artist, if we’re using the most liberal definition possible.

I think she was really wrapped up in that... religious organization.

It’ll come out eventually.

by Anonymousreply 567April 25, 2019 10:15 PM

[quote][R536], I would love it if Meghan named the baby Aaliyah or Shanice or something. It would be world-. ztrolling. My respect for her would skyrocket.

She can't do anything like that though I wouldn't put it her past her to try so she can have another grudge to hold. Harry is close enough in the line of succession that HM has to approve the child's name. It will be a traditional royal name.

Andy and Fergie wanted to name one of their daughters Annabel and HM wouldn't allow it. At the time, Annabel's was the most popular nightspot in London.

by Anonymousreply 568April 25, 2019 10:17 PM

Those photos of Harry and Kate from today. Wow. It's shocking how different his demeanor is with her. Relaxed and happy. He's making eye contact with Kate in a way he never does in public with MM. He barely even speaks to MM in public and here he and Kate are today, making jokes, enjoying each other's company. The entire energy and vibe is completely different.

by Anonymousreply 569April 25, 2019 10:18 PM

R568 - The Queen does not have to approve the name for Harry's kids. It's still thought courteous to ask her, but they don't have to change it if she doesn't agree and at this point, even if she didn't agree, she'd probably let it go.

For William and Kate, it's different. I'm sure they wanted to be sure the Queen approved the next Heir's name, and the name they chose for the first-born and third in line was safe as houses, as it was the name the Queen's father ruled by.

For the other two Cambridge kids, there was less pressure, but still, the other two names weren't likely to offend. Charlotte was clearly a nod to "Charles" and as for Louis, that was also a nod to Charles, it was the name of his beloved Great-Uncle Lord Louis Mountbatten, the one murdered by the IRA, who had such a profound influence on Charles.

The Sussexes have a freer hand but I suspect Meghan will Go Royal with the first name and indulge her Woke Minority Persona with a second name. And of course, if it's a girl, we all know what the betting is on the first name.

Although, if she's smart, Meghan will go with Elizabeth to flatter HM - if it isn't too late to mend fences with BP.

by Anonymousreply 570April 25, 2019 10:34 PM

I wonder if the Queen "not allowing" a certain name really just amounts to the parents proposing it, and her making a grimace of dislike or some mild (but devastating) comment. "Annabel. Hem. Isn't that a discotheque of some sort?" That's probably all it would take.

by Anonymousreply 571April 25, 2019 10:34 PM

Anne was a hottie back in the day. And still a handsome older woman. The message from the Anzac Day service seemed to be that Harry was/is still loved & welcome in the BRF - but only on his own.

by Anonymousreply 572April 25, 2019 10:35 PM

I’m starting to really think she is going to slink away fairly quietly (with a check, of course.)

It could be a combination of two or more of the following:

(1) pregnancy sketchiness of some kind, (2) sex tape of some kind, and/or (3) MN leaking Will’s affair.

Any combination of the above would cause HM to command them to divorce (a la Charles and Diana.$

MM is completely silent. That’s not like her, even if she is on maternity leave.

Something is up.

by Anonymousreply 573April 25, 2019 10:37 PM

Huff, puff. Baby tomorrow?

by Anonymousreply 574April 25, 2019 10:40 PM

The Queen was right: Princess Annabel was too trendy to do anything but pall in later life.

The last time a perfectly acceptable name was really nixed by the Sovereign's disapproval was when Margaret was born in 1930. The then Duke and Duchess of York wanted to name her Anne, but King George V didn't like it, and the Yorks changed the new princess's name to "Margaret Rose".

I'm not too far younger than that era and I can tell you that in England and Scotland, the double name was incredibly popular and Margaret Roses sprang up like weeds. I even rant into an American woman in the 1960s whose Mum named her Margaret Rose after the new princess. The woman hated the name and went by Marnie or Marna or something like that, can't quite remember.

by Anonymousreply 575April 25, 2019 10:41 PM

I believe Kate wanted to name her first son Alexander, but that got nixed fairly early on.

by Anonymousreply 576April 25, 2019 10:48 PM

R573 - "'Tis a consummation devoutely to be wished," but I doubt it. My guess is that everyone has been told to cool it and let the fires die down. The baby will come, everyone will be ga-ga, MM will be on maternity leave, there will be a christening and only next summer and fall will we find out what's in the pipeline for the Sussexes. NN just got four patronages in January and if you want to believe Kaiser on CB she has been busy meeting with her patronages whilst on leave waiting for the birth.

It's way too soon for the divorce and payoff - the optics would be blinding for the BRF. No, the Africa Plan was the hint of how they're planning to contain the Sussexes.

And I doubt highly that there is a pregnancy hoax. Who knows about the sex tape?

by Anonymousreply 577April 25, 2019 10:49 PM

Can someone make us a thread 42, pretty please? This one will be full in no time.

by Anonymousreply 578April 25, 2019 10:51 PM

I am genuinely very curious about the baby name and honestly can't begin to predict it. I think it will be somewhat original, a surprise. Imagine, this time next month we'll be throwing it around like crazy. I do wish Mrs. Sussex a nice, easy, safe delivery of a bonny, healthy baby. Then- back to the razzing!

As for royal women inspiring baby names, correct me if I'm wrong, I don't see a great many Dianas in their mid-late 30s. That name never did get trendy, which is odd.

Funny, Alexander/Alexandra is something I could definitely see Meg going for. But wait -- Alex Sussex? Maybe not. If she chooses Alice for a girl, it just might endear her to me. Love that name.

by Anonymousreply 579April 25, 2019 10:51 PM

Why am I addicted to these threads? I have been a DL lurker for years and have avoided all the fan fiction threads ..but this story has me hooked. I need help.

by Anonymousreply 580April 25, 2019 10:53 PM

[quote] Its hurtful to the kids as George is getting old enough to understand and may hear things in school.

I'm seriously worried about the 5 year-olds that R489 knows if they're talking about the bedroom habits of their parents or the contents of the tabloid press.

by Anonymousreply 581April 25, 2019 10:54 PM

I've posted Part 42 in link when this thread reaches the magic number of 600 posts.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 582April 25, 2019 10:56 PM

William's luckiest moment was the day Catherine Elizabeth Middleton entered his life. His defining moment was making her his wife. It is no small feat--in fact remarkable--that she continues to look increasingly better and better in her role in spite of an unrelenting harsh media glare. She is no show boater but damn if everyone always wants to look at her. She has become a model of restraint and easygoing grace all while being put in the awkward position of playing mediator between Wills, Harry, and the salad tossing frogwhore

by Anonymousreply 583April 25, 2019 11:02 PM

The rumors aren't hurtful to the kids, at least not now. It will be a tad embarrassing for their mother when they get old enough to know what's up. But they'll be so rich and privileged that it won't matter. (It's like saying Apple Martin or Blue Ivy will get teased about their names - by who, their friends, the similarly rich, jaded kids of eccentric celebrities?) The real potential damage is to the family image (if not the actual family) of the Cambridges, which is important to their future role. The last thing the BRF need is another tense family situation like Charles and Diana had. One hopes they'll just shrug it off.

Today's Twitter assault, though, is most nefarious! William has got to be livid pissed.

by Anonymousreply 584April 25, 2019 11:07 PM

R580. I understand. I justify it, at least in large part, as a social anthropologist who has stumbled onto a major cultural event. If posters were easier to research, an PhD candidate would be thrilled to stumble onto these threads. I feel like Jane Goodall.

by Anonymousreply 585April 25, 2019 11:08 PM

Kate will shrug it off: The Queen is her role model. Elizabeth shrugged off decades of infidelity by Phillip, and came out of it looking all the more strong and gracious. Hopefully, if the infidelity rumors ARE true, William will learn to keep his fly zipped or at least unzip it in a more discreet manner. As a future King, he should have some fucking dignity about his fuckbuddies.

by Anonymousreply 586April 25, 2019 11:10 PM

I know absolutely nothing about fashion but even I can tell that Kate’s dress (or coat? Told you I know nothing) is beautifully made. Of course it helps that she’s stick thin.

by Anonymousreply 587April 25, 2019 11:11 PM

I'm intrigued, R585. What are the themes you see in these threads, that you would study? Serious question.

by Anonymousreply 588April 25, 2019 11:12 PM

^^ In R545, I mean...

by Anonymousreply 589April 25, 2019 11:13 PM

#PrinceWilliam is still in the Top 10 US Twitter trends for today, at 357K tweets. That's a very high number. Someone's got to be catching shit for this.

by Anonymousreply 590April 25, 2019 11:17 PM

R44 You must be very sheltered. Everyone in LA knows about Immaculate Heart High School. You can't miss it. It sits up on the hill above Franklin at Western in Los Feliz near Griffith Park. Other than Marymount across from UCLA, it's the place where Catholic girls go if they want to go to a girls' school.

I know people who have left LA to go to college at Northwestern. It's highly regarded for theater and communications.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 591April 25, 2019 11:21 PM

I have a friend who is a sophomore at Immaculate Heart. She had a lot of trouble with LA public schools but is doing well after switching to IH.

by Anonymousreply 592April 25, 2019 11:22 PM

Well, nobody can say that Meghan isn't making, um, effective use of her maternity leave. How many other 9 months pregnant women have the energy and focus to start a Twitter war? She really is made of Tungsten.

by Anonymousreply 593April 25, 2019 11:22 PM

Maybe the scullery maid saw Prince William and Rose and told Rose's sister who in turn wrote a letter to the Ambassador and the Ambassador's Valet saw the letter and told another Valet....and that's how Prince Williams reputation was sullied.

by Anonymousreply 594April 25, 2019 11:30 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 595April 25, 2019 11:50 PM

Warm wind caress him

His lover it seems

Oh, Andy

Dreamboat Andy my little ship of dreams

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 596April 26, 2019 12:00 AM

So far i have seen a half dozen media/kneepad outlets stating there is no truth to the Markle-originated lying William rumors, that it was just, you know, an opinion. Love seeing attorney slapdowns

by Anonymousreply 597April 26, 2019 12:13 AM

The Twitter storm is still rolling out in the US.

How is this allowed to continue? She is doing real harm to the carefully crafted family image of the future King of England.

Just like Frogmore was not enough to contain the harm, nor will the Africa in a few months plan suffice.

Watching it all play out in real time is something.

by Anonymousreply 598April 26, 2019 12:18 AM

Eh, lyin' liars gonna lie, and be aroused by activated bots.

by Anonymousreply 599April 26, 2019 12:20 AM

By staying away on Easter, Charles, as ALWAYS, did his oldest son no favors.

This is a sample tweet

Rose Mur ‏

@RoseMur89 Apr 21 More Now I know why celebrities dont like & refused to work with #PrinceWilliam. They already knew that he's selfish, arrogant, vindictive and racist. This why they prefer #PrinceHarry because he's genuine. If H&M move away, celebrities will black ball William.

by Anonymousreply 600April 26, 2019 12:21 AM

Is there a thread 42?

by Anonymousreply 601April 26, 2019 12:54 AM

#42.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 602April 26, 2019 1:00 AM

R597, wait so they admitted he spread lies about Will?

by Anonymousreply 603April 26, 2019 1:33 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!