Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

British Royal Family Gossip: Part 40

Currently on "As The Palace Burns", we hold our breath for the newest newt at Frogmore. Will Harry and Meghan be exiled? Does William have Phillip gassing up the Mercedes? Has Charles started digging his mothers grave? Is Elizabeth hiding all the jewels in coffee cans in the back yard to keep that Markle womans mitts off them??

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 336April 23, 2019 6:54 PM

Hats off to OP. That descriptor literally made me spit up my wine. Excellent work.

by Anonymousreply 1April 22, 2019 3:18 AM

Oh dear...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2April 22, 2019 12:56 PM

That article says they've already moved into Frogmore.

by Anonymousreply 3April 22, 2019 1:00 PM

Lol, OP.

I think the move to Africa is a done deal and has been for a while. They've made it a point to give Eugenie several events of late, including one with HM. She is who they'll use to fill the hole that Harry leaves. So, they've at least had this plan in the works since they started using her again so prominently.

by Anonymousreply 4April 22, 2019 1:07 PM

The royal reporter who broke the Africa story in the Times is the same one who broke the Royal Household Split story. So yes, I think it's a done deal, too.

by Anonymousreply 5April 22, 2019 1:09 PM

Are H&M just looking at each other going, "Uh.Oh. What the fuck have we DONE??"

by Anonymousreply 6April 22, 2019 1:13 PM

[Bears repeating:

Birth will be announced on Prince Louis' 1st birthday (23rd) As having occurred on the 21st (HMTQ's birthday) With official photos released on the 29th (William & Catherine's anniversary) And first public appearance on Charlotte's birthday (May 3rd)]

You’re probably not wrong.

by Anonymousreply 7April 22, 2019 1:14 PM

That's tomorrow!!

by Anonymousreply 8April 22, 2019 1:15 PM

"What, precisely, are Harry and Meghan supposed to do there? You can only Instagram so many pictures of elephants ." Lol.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9April 22, 2019 1:15 PM

Seconding R1's kudos to OP for that priceless opening!

If reports are to be believed, William is gassing up not the black Mercedes but the Jeep heading into the brush . . .

by Anonymousreply 10April 22, 2019 1:18 PM

Nobody wants her. Perhaps Siberia?

by Anonymousreply 11April 22, 2019 1:18 PM

From the previous thread.

I'm not wading into "the queen gifts houses based on who she loves more" argument. From a tax point of view, it is wise not to give the Sussexes very expensive gifts because the BRF will have to pay US taxes on those gifts. They will be paying taxes on whatever the fair market rent for a property like Frogmore would be. They would have had to pay that on NottCott or a Kensington apartment. If the Sussexes received a home like Anmer Hall, the tax bill would be significantly more. All things being equal, if Meghan intends to renounce her US citizenship, it would make better financial sense to wait until after that fact and then take advantage of the UK's preferential tax system for the BRF.

by Anonymousreply 12April 22, 2019 1:23 PM

R4 - I agree. They may deliberately have left timelines and actual agendas blurry, but it this wasn't sprung on the HazBeans just over the weekend. The TIMES story was just the BRF easing the information to the public, and I agree that Yuge's recent appearances indicate bringing another member of the family forward to take up some slack. Andrew must be thrilled, especially as his feelings toward MeAgain must have hardened for life after her Mean Girl pregnancy stunt at Yuge's wedding. Man, Meghan must really have pissed the Queen off.

by Anonymousreply 13April 22, 2019 1:24 PM

Well, they gave her a year to prove herself. She proved to be unsuitable for the job.

Now they move to Plan B.

by Anonymousreply 14April 22, 2019 1:28 PM

Unsuitable for the job. What a delicate way of putting it!

by Anonymousreply 15April 22, 2019 1:30 PM

R12 - Fair points, generally, but just the same, the Queen also bears in mind who is where in the hierarchy. She has a nice sense of such things. But the thing is, the fair market value on something like Frogmore Cottage, attached to a royal estate whose provenance jacks up its actual value, might be a hard thing to evalute. The Cottage itself might be worth this or that in and of itself, but its position as part of the Crown Estates and half a mile from Windsor Castle (and probably not available for ordinary rental) plus its recent renovation, may make it just as expensive to the IRS.

At this point, given what a disaster Harry's marriage has turned out to be for the BRF, which in some sense means for Harry himself even if he won't admit it, I am wondering if the Africa Plan is meant to give Harry time to regroup before exiting the family for real, i.e., waiving his place in the succession and just moving out wholesale with wife and child, which is what he should have done before he married her.

They can come back from their secondment in Africa and announce that they enjoyed their time as "private citizens left alone to do Good Work" so much (funded by the UK taxpayer, of course), that they have taken the decision that they would be much happier continuing to live their lives that way.

I think it a distinct possibility. Everyone (except Meghan who will no longer be an official working member of the BRF and no longer entitled to its perks and status even if she keeps her title nominally) will be better off.

by Anonymousreply 16April 22, 2019 1:33 PM

Harry goes where his ho tells him to go.

by Anonymousreply 17April 22, 2019 1:37 PM

R16, it does seem that the Africa secondment is a second chance (it’s also a velvet hammer).

MM will see it as a challenge, though. I expect a full double-down in the near future.

It’s getting interesting...

by Anonymousreply 18April 22, 2019 1:40 PM

Perhaps H&M were told of this plan following the Prince of Wales investment anniversary ceremony, r13. That was the event where they tried to jump the line and William barked "not allowed!". They showed up at that event the next day where Harry pulled Meghan on stage and she looked like she had been crying all night. That was when all the nasty rumors started to fly, probably leaked by H&M because they were pissed and they blame William for their exile and not their own behavior. The BRF are only releasing the plan now to 1) ease the public into the idea, and 2) overshadow the birth so that Meghan cannot make it into the 3-ring circus she so desires.

by Anonymousreply 19April 22, 2019 1:50 PM

Hi, posters who informed us of supposed truths such as the BRF has no one "in charge," or that they and the tabloids will have a "hands off" position on the Markles until way after a sprog arrives! How do you like the BRF now? Informing the public of the Africa Plan on the eve of her majesty's birthday, Easter Sunday and tadpole springing was served in that charming British way, with just a tinge of frost.

by Anonymousreply 20April 22, 2019 2:23 PM

I Loved it R20 . The best easter gift that HM could give to us . I want to see more of that !

by Anonymousreply 21April 22, 2019 2:27 PM

It probably wouldn’t have happened if they had just accepted their position instead of promoting themselves as a celebrity “brand” sanctioned by the BRF when it wasn’t true. The only “brand” allowed is to support the Queen or King. They can do as they like if they step out from under their BRF umbrella and the taxpayer dime.

by Anonymousreply 22April 22, 2019 2:32 PM

R20, it pleases me immensely.

by Anonymousreply 23April 22, 2019 2:37 PM

Watching the Celebitchy crowd lose their minds is a bonus R20. They’ve cast William as the villain of the piece, because of course MM is so close to the Queen and Charles. The Commonwealth will rise up and protest this treatment of a WoC!

by Anonymousreply 24April 22, 2019 2:37 PM

That’s the saddest part of all this.

Sparkle has reinforced so many negative stereotypes about Americans, Millenials, women, and people of color.

by Anonymousreply 25April 22, 2019 2:42 PM

Nah, she's a dumbass with no talent. You can find that all over the world.

by Anonymousreply 26April 22, 2019 2:43 PM

Sparkle’s goal was hollywood style fame. Now it’s international fame.

by Anonymousreply 27April 22, 2019 2:44 PM

So, this Africa move probably means that Sarah Latham's days working for Sparkle are numbered.

Didn't this rash of negative stories about the Cambridges started after SL went on the payroll?

by Anonymousreply 28April 22, 2019 2:48 PM

And as if by magic, the Markle rears its head on Insta, to turn Earth Day into a celebration of " Their Royal Highnesses" .

by Anonymousreply 29April 22, 2019 2:52 PM

I've mentioned before that Youtube documentary "Reinventing the Royals" which went into detail about the PR person Charles brought on to improve the PR of Camilla.

The method that the PR guy used was to throw other members of the RF under the bus. These included William, Harry, and Edward.

Finally, the Queen insisted that the PR guy be fired and reminded Charles that all members of the RF were to support each other and not improve their own situation by attacking other RF members.

Sparkle and her PR bring strong echoes of that same situation.

The Queen probably saw early on that this was happening again and brought in heavy hitters to stomp it out.

by Anonymousreply 30April 22, 2019 2:52 PM

"Wallis Loved and Lost" is an interesting documentary. It is too easy on Wallis Simpson and the Duke of Winsor but the photographs and film footage are worth seeing.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31April 22, 2019 3:04 PM

Daily Beast's article about the Africa exile is that William was jealous of Harry's popularity. I wonder of the exile will be a PR disaster.

by Anonymousreply 32April 22, 2019 3:04 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33April 22, 2019 3:07 PM

R31 The women authors interviewed in the documentary discount the rumors about Wallis having worked in a Chinese brothel. I remember reading long ago that the way Wallis snared David was not only her skill at oral sex, but that she indulged his fetish of wanting her to treat him like a baby. He wore a diaper and she wheeled him around in custom-made pram. He called her "Mommy."

by Anonymousreply 34April 22, 2019 3:08 PM

MONDAY, APRIL 22, 2019 Blind Item #6 Apparently the source for a lot of anti brother and sister in law gossip is coming straight from the alliterate former actress. The tips have really ramped up since getting a social media account again. POSTED BY ENT LAWYER AT 8:00 AM

Well, I've just opened a bag of Walkers Marmite crisps, while I await the comments to roll on to this new CDAN blind. Hardly a blind really, but the comments are always SUCH FUN!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35April 22, 2019 3:09 PM

Yes R28 I think that too . Latham moved in and suddenly William and Kate are trown under the bus . I think that was too much for HM . If Markle had stay humble and did what was expected of her she would have had a very nice life . Nice clothes no money worries never have to work again and all on the taxpayers dime . But it was not good enough for her . I always have this feeling that she didn’t wanted to stay in the BRF . It was just a money grab and status grab for her nothing more . And Harry wanted a kid and a greater profile . They helped each other out . There are lots of woman who wanted what he had to offer . They always say no one wanted him but there are actresses enough and bimbos enough who wanted him and the lifestyle . He choose Markle so she could bring him further as a celebrity on the world stage . IHe is surely not in love with her . Its just a business deal for these two . I know i’m ranting away !

by Anonymousreply 36April 22, 2019 3:11 PM

Charles sends his condolences to Sri Lanka.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37April 22, 2019 3:19 PM

To which I would reply to Enty, R35:

NO SHIT, SHERLOCK!

by Anonymousreply 38April 22, 2019 3:20 PM

R32: "...I wonder of the exile will be a PR disaster."

It will be a disaster to the already shoddy reputation of the MegFraus, who are starting to display their racism.

The rest of the workd will applaud all the humanitarianism to come from Their Royal Highnesseses.

by Anonymousreply 39April 22, 2019 3:21 PM

Hello mag (aka Royal Central) has not one but THREE royals on their cover.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40April 22, 2019 3:26 PM

Elizabeth's father gave her the first corgi. I love dogs but of all the breeds that could be chosen, I don't see why corgis became Her Majesty's favorite???

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41April 22, 2019 3:28 PM

Kate at Buckingham Palace after her wedding.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42April 22, 2019 3:32 PM

It's so fucking obvious that the ROYAL FEUD is between the BROTHERS. This is the video of the royals walking to church yesterday. Harry can't seem to get far enough away from his brother and sister-in-law. They're not even trying to play "Happy Families" anymore.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43April 22, 2019 3:36 PM

The Cambridges message to Sri Lanka.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44April 22, 2019 3:37 PM

I wandered over to CB as mentioned upthread and the MEg-stains are losing their shit over this potential "move" to Africa. It is comical. They are incoherent in their outrage not realizing how racist they sound painting Africa as a country and seeing the continent only through a skin tone prism. The humanitarian possibilities are endless there for the self-promoting Sussex fauxmanitarians and besides, Harry has stated repeatedly how much he loves Lesotho and Botswana. Meg stains are profound hypocrites.

by Anonymousreply 45April 22, 2019 3:38 PM

^ Cambridge

by Anonymousreply 46April 22, 2019 3:38 PM

The reactions of the fraus on CB were totally predictable. They accept as gospel anything bad about the Cambridges and reject as "smears" anything bad about Meghan and Harry. They reject the knowledge that in a hierarchical monarchy, "popularity" means nothing and birth order means everything and you undermine the system at your own peril. Systems like that supporting the BRF are more interested in long-term survival than catering to the whims and needs of one member and his wife far down the line of succession.

It doesn't seem to occur to those fraus that William may have demanded action on Meghan's antics, but he wouldn't have gotten anywhere if the Queen and even Charles hadn't agreed that something had to be done.

Meghan has no one but herself to blame for being unable to hide that in her view, her marriage was only another stepping stone in a personal agenda, and the obligation to put the institution first wasn't something she was willing to do. William, who grew up with the same narcissistic mother that Harry did, probably recognised the signs and warned his brother. Harry rejected the warning, and the brother, and William turned out to be right.

Although Harry will go to his grave refusing to admit that William was right. And, in the amazing way of such things, he will simply heap more blame on the family he has privately blamed for his mother's ill-starred membership in the family, repeating the family history.

I know there is a very decent roman a clef in here.

by Anonymousreply 47April 22, 2019 3:39 PM

I thought Kate looked lovely yesterday. Her face is fuller and she seems to have more color in her face. I loved her brooch and her wedding earrings.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 48April 22, 2019 3:42 PM

So, will the Sussexes post about Sri Lanka on their instagram? Will they end the message with "We are with you."? Will they brag about their past connections with the country?

by Anonymousreply 49April 22, 2019 3:45 PM

100% R47 - that dumpy Celebitchy frau was the biggest cheerleader for H and M setting up their own operation, taking charge of their own social media, doing their own thing. What did she think the reaction was going to be? For a website that has closely followed and obsessively posted about the RF for years, there is a shocking lack of understanding with regards to the actual roles and duties of the various members. She/they fundamentally don't grasp that celebrity and fame levels are not the arbiters of power in the RF that they are for regular folks. In Hollywood, uneducated but good-looking and charismatic trash can rise to the very top. In the RF how far you will rise is strictly pre-determined by your position. Meghan's role was baked-in before she even stepped forward to take it.

by Anonymousreply 50April 22, 2019 3:46 PM

R48 - Yes, Kate looked very, very happy yesterday at Windsor. Probably relieved at not having to play Happy Families for the cameras with Meghan, and happy in the knowledge that the BRF have clearly backed the Cambridges, agree that the Sussex marriage has not been good for the Firm, and publicly slapped Meghan's and Harry's hands. Given that this emerged on the eve of Meghan giving birth, the Powers That Be at the top must have felt that the situation was critical and no time to lose. The whole family must hate that grasping self-promoting bitch like anything - she's just poisoned the well for all of them - and the family well for Harry, probably for the rest of his life. It's incredible how much damage Meghan inflicted in less than a year.

by Anonymousreply 51April 22, 2019 3:57 PM

I'm puzzled as to why the article in the Times posed the problem as being one of Harry and Meghan's popularity, while casting William as insecure and jealous. Why would BP allow this to stand?

by Anonymousreply 52April 22, 2019 4:01 PM

Where is that baby, anyway? This is getting ridiculous. She can't have had it yet ( we know she won't announce it till she's Instagram ready, or got the cash in a secret account) , as we can watch closely the videos of yesterday, and there wasn't a hint of a congratulatory hand on the shoulder , even, for Prince Dim.

by Anonymousreply 53April 22, 2019 4:04 PM

R29 - and someone needs to talk to her about caption length. Trying way too hard. I wanted to read it all (to be able to criticize it, of course) and my eyes glazed over and I just skimmed.

by Anonymousreply 54April 22, 2019 4:04 PM

They’ve always seen it through the Hollywood lens R50. They have no understanding of how the BRF works and not much understanding of how the UK works. It goes back to them crowing about the wedding sticking it to the stuffy, racist royals when actually people were just laughing at how tacky it was. There was a wonderful shot during that tedious and overblown sermon of Kate and Camilla exchanging glances of barely-restrained laughter.

Autumn Phillips did an interview where she talked about getting advice on appropriate clothes, and if she has access to that type of support MM certainly does, meaning that the inappropriate clothes and behaviour are a deliberate choice to go against royal protocol. She and Harry will be eased out because they don’t matter, in the end. All that matters to the BRF is the Crown as an institution: MM is supporting cast, not the star.

by Anonymousreply 55April 22, 2019 4:08 PM

The African continent is supposedly near and dear to Harry's heart. I'm sure a part of him wholeheartedly bought into the humanitarian impact he could potentially make as his mark on the world. The thing is, Smeggy feigned the affection for the Savannah she played up for Harry. Has she once been back since the courtship? No. Joined Harry on his multiple return trips? Nope. She has no interest whatsoever in pulling up stakes to go languish in the "bush." The BRF are calling her bluff on the line she fed Harry, maybe hoping it will open his eyes some to the liar she is.

by Anonymousreply 56April 22, 2019 4:08 PM

Prince Louis' 1st birthday photos seem to have been leaked early. When I first saw them, I thought it was a child imitating George.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 57April 22, 2019 4:08 PM

Yes, I glazed over, too R54.

by Anonymousreply 58April 22, 2019 4:10 PM

Those Louis photos are the perfect antidote to all the negativity.

by Anonymousreply 59April 22, 2019 4:13 PM

Where did that kid get his eyebrows from?

by Anonymousreply 60April 22, 2019 4:13 PM

Preemptive strike knowing Smegma would pull a stunt on his actual birthday?

Nevermind because damn if the Cambridges don't make beautiful children. Prince Louis is absolutely adorable.

by Anonymousreply 61April 22, 2019 4:13 PM

R57 Louis is going to end up looking like Kate's brother instead of like her adorable dad + George.

by Anonymousreply 62April 22, 2019 4:14 PM

Perhaps at this point the Queen is fed up with both William and Harry.

by Anonymousreply 63April 22, 2019 4:15 PM

The eyebrows come from Kate Middleton's ancestor, the tall guy on far camera right

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 64April 22, 2019 4:17 PM

Nice work if you can get it R62. Thank God those Middleton genes are no shrinking violets!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 65April 22, 2019 4:18 PM

Kate's dad is quite the silver fox! Louis looks so much like Baby Kate, in my opinion. Isn't he adorable. He seems such a happy child, and I'm sure I've read that Kate has also mentioned that. Aww.

by Anonymousreply 66April 22, 2019 4:18 PM

The Middleton genes are great, but I always think Pippa looks " pinched ". I don't think she does herself any favours in the make-up department. It's not hard to change the style, Kate did, and looks so more natural, and beautiful, for it. That pinched look is so harsh on a young (ish) face, the eyeliner , yukky.

by Anonymousreply 67April 22, 2019 4:22 PM

I think the BRF knows better at this point than to get into more weeds on this and try counteracting the bullshit about this being about William being jealous of his brother's popularity. They would only make matters worse. It's only about the damage Meghan keeps inflicting on the family image and on family relationships, and they can't really come out and say that. So they've tried to make the plan as complimentary to the Sussexes as possible in the formal announcements, whilst knowing full well the fallout will end up on William's head.

It doesn't matter. The fallout will die down and the Sussexes will find that no one in Britain is suicidal over their absence from the front pages after awhile.

I stand by my belief that this "sabbatical", which will come handily on the heels of Meghan's lengthy maternity leave, so that there is a long period when she isn't soaking up the headlines with appearances, is laying the groundwork for the Sussex departure from the royal family in fact as well as on geographical terms. I do not see the family damage Meghan did being healed, or anyone welcoming her back as an active member of the family. Harry, of course, has backed himself into this corner and will, somewhat understandable, stand by wife and child, just as William is doing. The family probably already has a settlement being drawn up.

There will be a divorce, all right: just not the one we have been imagining.

by Anonymousreply 68April 22, 2019 4:22 PM

^*somewhat understandably

R68

by Anonymousreply 69April 22, 2019 4:24 PM

The Sussex plan is looking at which Commonwealth country Harry and Meghan might go to in order capitalise on their global celebrity, their interest in young people and their desire to bring attention and change to the causes closest to their hearts.

That country is most likely to be in Africa.

Loooool! ( ITV's take on the debacle).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 70April 22, 2019 4:26 PM

Nicely said R68

by Anonymousreply 71April 22, 2019 4:28 PM

Do we think H and M even got permission to do their own IG account?

Or did they just launch it out of the blue?

I can see them doing that.

Also, it’s super creepy that several of the photos in HM ‘s IG message for the Queens birthday feature MEGHAN front and center.

She really should not be inserting herself into a post that’s supposed to be about the Queens role as Grandmother.

by Anonymousreply 72April 22, 2019 4:40 PM

I hope you're right, R68, that the full departure of Wallis the Second and her Handbag is proceeding. Haz will love the nice weather and lovely people in Los Angeles -- it's the perfect spot for the young family.

by Anonymousreply 73April 22, 2019 4:43 PM

I don't understand the Harry and Meghan dynamic.

She's obviously the Boss calling the shots - strong willed, pushy and pigheaded. So why does he feel "protective" towards his wife? It's not because she's pregnant because this habit started BEORE the engagement (remember the ill advised press announcement to back off). Why does he feel like she needs protection when she obviously can take care of herself? I think he has it all wrong. It's Harry that needs protection from HER. God, he's so confused. It's like he has arrested development.

by Anonymousreply 74April 22, 2019 4:51 PM

I think she has long been gaslighting, him, R74, which is horrific.

by Anonymousreply 75April 22, 2019 4:55 PM

I wonder what the specific reasons for Charles' "I like her but I hope he doesn't marry her" comment were. What did she say or display to him to lead to this conclusion and the "tungsten" comment (doesn't bend, the nicer way of saying pig-headed.) How many times did they meet to even give such a bad impression.

by Anonymousreply 76April 22, 2019 4:59 PM

Wow that baby looks just like Kate's brother. The youngest is the most Middleton, Charlotte is the most Windsor, and George is a mix of both. To my eye.

by Anonymousreply 77April 22, 2019 5:01 PM

The Queen arrives at Easter service and bows and curtseys follow. Well, it looks like some forgot.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 78April 22, 2019 5:02 PM

They only have to bow or curtsey the first time they see the Queen. The ones who didn't had already seen her that morning.

by Anonymousreply 79April 22, 2019 5:08 PM

Isn't there a rule that says they only curtsey the first time they see her that day? Pretty sure Edward, Andrew, Louise, Bea et al would not forget protocol.

by Anonymousreply 80April 22, 2019 5:08 PM

Also note Harry leaning out to say something to Kate who smiles and responds.

by Anonymousreply 81April 22, 2019 5:10 PM

I've lived in Southern California for over 50 years, and can't imagine MM and Haz making a splash here. Most of us actually detest royalty as useless and arrogant. A 37+ former minor actress and ginger hubby will not stand out in any way, and its hard to be rich enough to be exceptional. Already full of insta-celebs, so what would they do? We'e been over Oprah for years, and Serena is an unattractive former athlete. She couldn't make it here when she was at her prime, so Africa could be a good fit for her, but a problem for that host.

by Anonymousreply 82April 22, 2019 5:12 PM

I think this Celebitchy item is true: it's Prince Harry who wants to move to Africa.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 83April 22, 2019 5:18 PM

R82 - That's the fundamental miscalculation that I think Sparkle made. She isn't Diana Spencer by a long shot, and even Diana wasn't quite as desirable as a former future Queen. She doesn't realise that no one will give fuck all about her "brand" if she exits the family as quickly as she entered it. They're a pair of shallow trendy twats and God knows in L.A. those litter the streets. What gave Harry his mojo as a catch is exactly what Meghan set out to diminish. He's not George Clooney, he never will be.

I'd bet anything that in the event Harry departs the family, he retains the title of HRH Prince Harry, but Meghan, like Wallis, is constrained by the terms to retain "Duchess of Sussex" but like Fergie and Diana, has to surrender the HRH.

by Anonymousreply 84April 22, 2019 5:20 PM

Omg, howling!!! Twitter is on fire!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 85April 22, 2019 5:31 PM

I keep wondering about torontopaper. Did she really have inside info or did she just get lucky with events that made her look as if she had inside info?

Torontopaper ‏ "9 months are over! Your husband is on his family's side! No paycheck! Your threats are making them laugh! They have more against you and you are alone! And now? Game over! Checkmate!"

"Darling, so you are sitting there alone and humiliated in your house of glass with cracks everywhere. People have seen that the rumours became true. Lord Watchdog has shut you down!"

by Anonymousreply 86April 22, 2019 5:35 PM

I'm suspicious of Toronto Paper, all the info it tweets is from Tumblr. I even suspected it was Skippy, for a bit. Especially with all the exclamation marks when excited ( !!!!! ).

by Anonymousreply 87April 22, 2019 5:41 PM

That's what they call Geidt on Tumblr , Lord Watchdog.

by Anonymousreply 88April 22, 2019 5:43 PM

Does anyone know if the author of the Times article, Tim Shipman, has an axe to grind with the BRF or a political stance that would make him favor particular royals over others?

by Anonymousreply 89April 22, 2019 6:12 PM

Harry has said in the past that he'd like to live in Africa for awhile. Now, it appears his dream is coming true.

by Anonymousreply 90April 22, 2019 6:16 PM

Happy Easter, Ma'am.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 91April 22, 2019 6:19 PM

R89 Roya Nikkhah ,who also is involved with The Times article broke the Royal Household Split story. In The Times.

by Anonymousreply 92April 22, 2019 6:23 PM

#JeSuiSriLanka

Their Royal Highnesses' terminally downcast hearts beat in lockstep unison with yours, Columbus. Step, step, touch, step-ball-change, step, step, touch, ad infinitum. Their Royal Highnesses see you, Sri Lanka.

Why, it seems like only yesterday that the Duchess — whom we must acutely remember whom was at that time merely a barely ten-year-old fatherless mite with the roaring heart of a bellowing lion and the turbid determination of a Rhoda Penmark — was chosen to benevolently preside over the universally vaulted United Nations' [italic]Tamponning of Sri Lanka[italic] initiative.

No doubt you remember this, as the Duchess's tireless childhood work on behalf of the world's downtrodded girls, women, boys, and men whom were in propeciouslly dire need of immediate tamponnage is universally regarded as a turning point in the Menstrual Justice movement; that one singular sensation, the only one, in time whereupon a fatherless girl scribing calligriphized verbiage at a wobbly desk suspended betwixt peeling linoleum floor and unadorned hanging bulb quite literally materialized the discursive shift which turned back the red tide!

As such, when their Royal Highnesses saw a Tweet about something bad happening in Columbus last Friday their collective heart chakra sinked to the lowest, deepest, farthest down, fathomless, subterranean, deep-down depths of despair; literal denizens of the deep they were.

#Hope. Their Royal Highnesses do so hope that the literal labour about to be under taken by the fecund Duchess will provide, once again, this time in the form of a tiny saviour, deep healing to Sri Lanka. The Duchess has requested that we preeptorively close with these soulborne words — the words of a little girl with nothing a dream to her name and a fight for justice in her heart— from her planet-healing [italic]Tamponning of Sri Lanka[italic] essay:

Pray for peace, people everywhere

Listen to what I say

The child, the child

Sleeping in the night

Xy will bring us goodness and light

Xy will bring us goodness and light

#LockstepHearts #WeSeeYou #JeSuiSriLanka #Namaste #Hope

by Anonymousreply 93April 22, 2019 6:23 PM

R89, it's interesting that he is the political editor, and NOT a royal respondent , per se.

by Anonymousreply 94April 22, 2019 6:28 PM

Why does the HM IG refer to them as “Their Royal Highnesses”?

Is MM a “Royal Highness”? Or does she get to huddle under that title if she’s lumped with Harry?

by Anonymousreply 95April 22, 2019 6:35 PM

R95 - She is Her Royal Highness Duchess of Sussex. It's actually an HONORARY title until she becomes a British citizen. I wonder if the Royal Family can take away both HRH and the Duchess titles if the marriage breaks up BEFORE she can get her citizenship. Is that their secret wish?

by Anonymousreply 96April 22, 2019 6:45 PM

R74, here’s how I see their dynamic:

She’s a wolf in sheep’s clothing posing as a sheep in wolf’s clothing. She talks the talk of “I’m a strong independent woman who’s bright and ambitious, but underneath it all, I’m a sad little girl who is vulnerable.” Men LOOOVE a damsel in distress. He’s privy to the “secret Meghan” that no one else knows. It makes him feel special and privileged and powerful. He’s the one who truly understands her. (By the way, the same dynamic goes for women who love bad boys.)

She also gives him the “it’s us against the world” treatment, which isolated him from anyone else. She’s able to point to Will and Kate and say “See? She doesn’t like me. And she’s turning your own brother against you!” This gives him permission to indulge in all the resentment he’s built up over the years, too.

by Anonymousreply 97April 22, 2019 6:47 PM

What's really sad is that after alienating him from the Royals and, potentially, convincing him to give it all up and move to LA or wherever with her, she'll dumps his ass for the first tech billionaire who comes along, and take the baby too.

At least Wallis STAYED with the Duke of Windsor. Harry won't even come out of this with a family.

by Anonymousreply 98April 22, 2019 6:59 PM

Oh hilarious namaste R93 bless.

by Anonymousreply 99April 22, 2019 7:02 PM

R97 - so she LIES to him.

by Anonymousreply 100April 22, 2019 7:03 PM

ALWAYS refers to herself in the third person. " Their Royal Highnesses", and years back " This is Meg's coat ", " Those are Meg's legs, such long legs", " This is Meg's new outfit, Meg might wear this on Sunday. ". fucking disturbed.

by Anonymousreply 101April 22, 2019 7:12 PM

R101 - to whom are you referring?

by Anonymousreply 102April 22, 2019 7:14 PM

Meg, lol R102

by Anonymousreply 103April 22, 2019 7:15 PM

Narcissism 101: Love-bomb target partner so they feel special and understood. Isolate partner from friends and family so they become totally reliant on you for support. Convince partner that you are better than them. Begin mistreating partner, alternating mistreatment with periods of good treatment. Check, check, check and (coming soon) check.

by Anonymousreply 104April 22, 2019 7:16 PM

I'm hyped up on Easter chocolate, ha.

by Anonymousreply 105April 22, 2019 7:16 PM

Exactly R104

by Anonymousreply 106April 22, 2019 7:17 PM

Goddamnit R93 I thought that was a quote from the ig account FOR WAY TOO LONG.

Also completely agree with R197 - the psychology of their relationship it obvious. She's strong and smart and proud and blah blah but he sees her vulnerable little girl side, the side only HE can protect and cherish and keep safe. This dynamic serves both of them. I doubt it's even conscious on her part, they both just allow and aid each other in indulging their specific damage from childhood. I bet he totally gets off on being protective of her. It makes him feel manly and useful.

by Anonymousreply 107April 22, 2019 7:26 PM

R107 - he must be the only one who sees himself as "manly and useful". Numerous people are calling him "pussy whipped" and "useless".

by Anonymousreply 108April 22, 2019 7:29 PM

Again, where;s the baby? It's getting ridiculous, now.

by Anonymousreply 109April 22, 2019 7:37 PM

Narcissists have an uncanny ability to figure out how to hook a person.

by Anonymousreply 110April 22, 2019 7:37 PM

Probably tomorrow R109, hence the early leak of little Louis birthday pics.

by Anonymousreply 111April 22, 2019 7:38 PM

I believe the theory that Meghan had a scheduled C-section, and she's not going to show herself until she has recovered from that. A c-section is major surgery, so she may not be ready to show herself for some time, and she certainly won't let anybody see the baby without Mummy right there grinning into the camera.

by Anonymousreply 112April 22, 2019 7:39 PM

R110 Do you think Narcs can change? I often think I was a narc, once. I've done all the bad stuff. The love bombing. The isolating of peers and family. I'm not proud. I was wild. But if I recognise myself as a narc previously, maybe I wasn't? I's chillingly similar to how I have behaved, though. I'm happily settled now, have been for fifteen years. But, my past is similar, and quite chilling when I think about it. I guess there is a line between tendencies and clinical behavior.

by Anonymousreply 113April 22, 2019 7:44 PM

This is the way I view the Africa move...

I think Harry wanted some job to do so he could live in Africa for awhile (on the taxpayers dime of course) and get away from his family/montonous public life/being a rudderless spare. I think this "move" was in the works BEFORE he met Meghan. Now that he has a bi-racial wife, he has a great excuse to do charity work for his "Sussex Brand" in the continent where he's at home and can be his true self. It's almost like a natural transition.

However, the timing of the story is strange because they're probably not going to move to Africa until 2020. It's a shame that some nuts are calling it a "banishment" and labeling the Royals as "racist". We live in very strange times and it's getting ugly.

by Anonymousreply 114April 22, 2019 7:46 PM

R112 Mummy won't be ready till the reveal money is firmly deposited in a secret bank account. Maybe Doria's.

by Anonymousreply 115April 22, 2019 7:46 PM

Harry probably does want to move to Africa: He's talked about it before. I doubt Meghan does, though, and that may be where the problems are coming from. You can't build a global celebrity brand living in Lesotho, whose capital city only has about 300,000 people. If they get her to agree, they're going to have to give them a base in Johannesburg or Nairobi or some city with more infrastructure and media access. She'll only fly to the boonies for very short photo ops.

by Anonymousreply 116April 22, 2019 7:53 PM

Seriously R115? I have seen this suggested other places. The reveal money better be contingent on DNA tests and a trustworthy birth witness who will swear that they saw Meghan give birth.

by Anonymousreply 117April 22, 2019 7:55 PM

R114 - He has a biracial wife who leans white and whilst interested in a few photo ops in the Third World isn't interested in being sent there actually to live for extended periods of time. Her natural milieu is upper class social circles, The Mark Hotel in Manhattan, the material fleshpots and excitement of London, Kensington Palace, designer clothes, and a first-class life on someone else's dime. Her first disappointment was the emerald tiara, her second was what, compared to the Cambridge's country home in Norfolk was a dump in a dull but pretty suburb with no base in London, her third was refusal of the Queen for permission to set up an independent court so she could mould her own "brand", and floating the prospect of a very long period of time in Africa after giving birth to her first child, right at the time she is supposed to give birth, whether she likes it or not, was the next disappointment.

She married Harry to wear the tag of some fabulous humanitarian, not to do the actual slogwork of it. She wants to show up in designer clothes and see her face on magazine covers in the First World, not disappear into the Third World.

She envisioned living Kate Middleton's life. She forgot to factor in that Kate Middleton is a future Queen and kept her copybook clean, whilst Meghan set out to craft her "brand", wore inappropriate clothes, stuck two fingers up to protocol, and made it clear she was going to go her merry way.

It's a safe bet she leaked that rumour about William and the Marchioness. She went too far, and she and Harry are being marginalised.

A few years in Africa are NOT what she worked her way up the social circles in Toronto for.

She should have kept her mouth shut and her profile low. Instead, she leapt for a Vanity Fair cover article in which she discussed her relationship with Harry before they were even formally engaged, and got him to threaten the British press so she could make it clear she was The One.

She made more mistakes than can even be counted. Now, she's paying for them.

by Anonymousreply 118April 22, 2019 8:13 PM

Nicely put, R118. What's ironic is that if she'd behaved herself well and sucked up to Will and Kate, she would have had the big Kensington Palace apartment (as they clearly originally intended to give Apartment 1 to Harry and Meghan), possibly a country base as well, access to the good jewels, etc. All she had to be was pleasant and patient and listen to good advice, and she could have had most of what she wanted. Maybe never quite equal to Kate--the hierarchies have to be preserved--but definitely an important part of the Royal Family, at least for some years to come. Her disappointments are punishments being meted out for her bad behavior, but she never seems to see that.

Meghan Markle should have been a good thing: American, biracial, modern. Exactly what the Royal Family needs to keep itself modern. On paper she looks great, but in reality she's a nightmare. And all because she just can't help herself.

by Anonymousreply 119April 22, 2019 8:21 PM

R113 From what I've read and experienced, NPD is a personality disorder, in other words a toxic personality, in which the narc cannot feel empathy and has no awareness of their deficiencies. They can only change if they choose to and have to intentionally act differently. Most choose to spend their lives with other narcissists, so never need to change unless they cannot function in society. If you can look back and reflect on your youthful mistakes and feel regret or remorse, I don't think you are a true narcissist. You matured and evolved.

by Anonymousreply 120April 22, 2019 8:22 PM

[quote] no awareness of their deficiencies

by Anonymousreply 121April 22, 2019 8:25 PM

I think it’s true that it’s Harry who wants to go to Africa.

I remember reading a few years ago that the BRF “almost lost him” when he was in his 20s because he was on the verge of giving up his HRH and disappearing to Africa....around about the time that he was getting lots of negative press.

Well, I think he’s back in that mindset. He wants out and sees Africa as his salvation, a way to escape all the negativity....but he’s had to sell that to Smeghead as a “humanitarian mission” and find a way to achieve the escape while still being part of the BRF because she won’t give that up.

For all the press telling us that he’s “besotted” with her, I think he’s actually a very unhappy man.

by Anonymousreply 122April 22, 2019 8:25 PM

Thank you for your reply R120.

by Anonymousreply 123April 22, 2019 8:34 PM

I just had a quick look at "luxury real estate Botswana" and let me tell you..... it's nothing even as good as Frogmore Cottage. That's not to say that the BRF doesn't have some home in Botswana or Lesotho that H&M can use or whatever, but Frog Cott is 100% more luxurious than what's on offer in Africa. I've spent some time in Africa and I love it, but I also know to keep my expectations in check. Even if they are decked out in the lap of luxury on a compound, it's still a compound. If you ever leave the compound, well.... For me it's great. For Harry, it also seems great. For MM, not so much.

by Anonymousreply 124April 22, 2019 8:34 PM

He may see Africa as his salvation R122 but I wonder how different it would look if it wasn’t just an occasional bolt hole for a prince.

by Anonymousreply 125April 22, 2019 8:35 PM

Meghan is resilient and sees how the wind is blowing. Taxpayer-funded time in Africa and travel throughout the Commonwealth to build the global Sussex brand may appeal to her at this stage of the game. No more being sidelined in Frogmore.

by Anonymousreply 126April 22, 2019 8:37 PM

I completely agree with you R125. I love visiting various countries in Africa, feel a real connection to the people there, however, I would be very hard pressed to live there full time and I'm no prince(ss).

by Anonymousreply 127April 22, 2019 8:39 PM

Oh, I agree, R122 - but it would be very easy for him to convince himself it would be nirvana compared to life here.

I’ve also spent time in both Botswana & Lesotho...and I tried to make the point on the last thread that they don’t have the infrastructure to provide luxury of the kind the Madam Markle would expect.

Botswana, in particular, is my favourite country and I would happily live there forever - but I doubt Markle would love it for long.

by Anonymousreply 128April 22, 2019 8:39 PM

If TPTB convince the Sussexes to move to Africa, they're done. The Queen doesn't have many years left in her, and Charles will probably leave Harry in Lesotho forever. William certainly will. The only way Meghan will get out of Africa is by divorcing Harry, which may be the point of sending her there.

I can't wait to read the amazing book that's going to be written about the shitshow that is the Sussex marriage, about 20 years from now.

by Anonymousreply 129April 22, 2019 8:45 PM

R122 It might not even have internet access!

by Anonymousreply 130April 22, 2019 8:48 PM

It does seem to be a little cruel to leak all this just days before she gives birth. It's a huge - We don't give a fuck!

by Anonymousreply 131April 22, 2019 8:50 PM

Why do you think it was a leak, R131?

by Anonymousreply 132April 22, 2019 8:52 PM

As she was the one not giving a fuck, my heart bleeds. Not.

by Anonymousreply 133April 22, 2019 8:52 PM

Agree with everything you’ve said r118 except that her natural milieu is upper class social circles. She aspires to that but it is not natural to her. If it was she wouldn’t be so crass about her social mountaineering. She’s a grasping striver not one of ‘to the manor born’. Nothing wrong with being a striver but she strikes me as just plain unpleasant in every aspect of her personality.

by Anonymousreply 134April 22, 2019 8:53 PM

They dropped it now because she probably doesn't have time or energy to wage a full-scale PR counterattack. Not even Duchess Tungsten can handle all that and give birth, too, especially if she's having a C-Section, which takes a while to recover from. It really was wickedly clever timing. Just like releasing Louis' birthday photos early, so she couldn't steal the limelight with pictures of her baby.

The big guns are in it now, and they aren't playing around.

by Anonymousreply 135April 22, 2019 8:56 PM

I'm still struggling with the thought that BP leaked a story that made William look so bad and cast Harry and Meghan as victims. I could see Charles doing it though.

by Anonymousreply 136April 22, 2019 8:58 PM

For months we've been wondering why the BRF didn't do something about her, wondering if behind the scenes they were circling the wagons, and assuming they were just sitting back with crossed fingers hoping it would get better, or figuring it really didn't matter because Harry was sixth in line, or they were too cowed by the possible backlash to do anything at all.

There's a great deal of dross covering this announcement, mostly from tabloids making up bullshit from "sources" from "They're terrified she will be bigger than Diana!" to "Why, this is what Meghan and Harry wanted all along!"

Most if it is just that, dross. You have to read between the lines to decode the BRF, and the only nuggets gleaming amongst the dross, as far as I am concerned are these:

-floating this just as she's about to give birth smells - for them to do that means that they felt speed was important, that things were reaching a crisis point behind the scenes (and I'm sure that means that H&M were as unhappy as William and Kate), probably a major crisis behind the scenes, and they didn't want to wait until adorable photos of Meghan and the new baby flooded the headlines. They could easily have waited, with Meghan settling in for maternity leave, a christening in the offing . . . why just now?

-No matter what Harry and Meghan wanted or didn't want, if they'd been a great success this year, they'd keep them here to do their bloody jobs for the monarchy; Harry doesn't need to live in Botswana to carry out his duties as Commonwealth Youth Ambassador. But the rush to announce this means there was some impetus behind it. Otherwise, they'd have waited to announce it, with Meghan going on maternity leave. There would have been plenty of much better moments. Why this moment and why all the speed?

I think there were a couple of turning points when the BRF realised Meghan was always going to be rogue. One was the ghastly PEOPLE Magazine article with anonymous "friends" "defending" Meghan, which was cheesy beyond belief and in which they had the appalling gall to drop the Archbishop of Canterbury's name in connection with Meghan's "closeness to God". It was so huge a PR mistake you could see it from outer space and it did backfire. The other signpost, I think, was the luxe celebrity conspicuous consumption baby shower in New York City and the private jet home. I'm guessing these two signposts probably set off the circling of wagons and conferencing with men like Geidt and Manning about solutions.

Getting the Sussexes out of the UK spotlight was a great idea, and perhaps it even was met with relief by Harry and Meghan. Nothing about this first year went the way they imagined or hoped. I doubt it would have been Meghan's first choice but by this time, perhaps everyone is so tired of the PR wars, carping, division, etc., that everyone, including the HazBean's will be glad of a breather - even it is being shoved down their throats by people they thought they could ignore.

The only thing to me that's relevant is that this plan was a response to a crisis, or they wouldn't have leaked it now.

by Anonymousreply 137April 22, 2019 9:01 PM

R136, the story that leaked - Harry and Meghan’s “bespoke” assignment in Africa - has been spun two different ways, though. One version paints Sussexes as villains to be exiled. The other version paints Cambridges as the villains who are threatened by Sussexes (Celebitchy).

by Anonymousreply 138April 22, 2019 9:02 PM

who said 23rd ?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 139April 22, 2019 9:03 PM

sorry link to twitter didn't work. Twitter said she was in labour

by Anonymousreply 140April 22, 2019 9:05 PM

R138, I thought the story itself made William look jealous and insecure. Not the spin. But I agree with R137 that there was a crisis of some sort and at the end of the day, they are handling it as best they can.

by Anonymousreply 141April 22, 2019 9:08 PM

R136 - I think BP knew that William would take a hit on this, and William knew it as well. But there wasn't any way to avoid that, the BRF know the fuss will die down, and that it's more important to make clear to Meghan and Harry that they can either play by the rules or take the THIS WAY OUT door. It was also more important, I think, to make it clear that they are standing by the Cambridges, which means they believe the Cambridges had just cause for their anger at Meghan and Harry. (Just as they stood by the aide who quit after the Down Under Tour with that press release praising her, without ever contradicting the leaks about how badly Meghan treated staff.)

None of this would have happened without the Queen being in favour of it. None of it. That being the case, the stans and fraus blaming William are barking up the wrong Royal Oak.

by Anonymousreply 142April 22, 2019 9:10 PM

Queue stories about how the bad press put Meghan into labor.

by Anonymousreply 143April 22, 2019 9:10 PM

^or labour, if you prefer.

by Anonymousreply 144April 22, 2019 9:13 PM

Yes I can see her spinning that, blaming the press. But it is hardly an early labour. Even I am exhausted by it.

by Anonymousreply 145April 22, 2019 9:30 PM

About time for the surrogate to hand over, I reckon, bury the Africa press.

by Anonymousreply 146April 22, 2019 9:31 PM

R145 - Exactly, it isn't an early labour - this is precisely the time they mentioned: early spring, late April. I always thought "early May" was way too late given how she looked.

But I stand by my theory that they rushed this story out to make sure it arrived before the baby did, and the ensuing ooohs and ahhhhs and photo ops and congratulations and cooing got started.

I wonder if they heard she was having early sporadic contractions in the last couple of days and made a dash for it, so to speak.

This way, the fuss over the baby will refocus attention in another direction. They'll have gotten the story out, and the baby's arrival will override it quickly.

by Anonymousreply 147April 22, 2019 9:40 PM

I also wouldn't be surprised by a false alarm or two to put the focus back on the impending birth.

by Anonymousreply 148April 22, 2019 9:44 PM

It's coming.....Push!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 149April 22, 2019 9:46 PM

Excellent post R137 - you summarized a lot of my own thoughts on this situation. I, too, lie a few others here, was a little head-scratchy about the tone of that Times article, which did not flatter William in any way. That said, I don't expect that The Times is a paper in the business of employing reporters who will allow themselves to be spoonfed an entire narrative and then bark it all back out onto the page verbatim.

It matters that The Times reported this. It means the info is mostly good, imo. (good as in true)

I also think those blaming William for this are just wrong. William, although in a more important position than Harry, is neither the monarch nor the heir. He simply does not have the power to do something like order H and M to be exiled.

I got exactly the same thing from reading between the lines that R137 did - H and M will be going, for some lengthy period of time, abroad. This is huge news. No matter what we here feel about Harry, he was and is a very popular and major member of the RF. I'm sure everyone would have preferred it if he and his insufferable wife could have been kept in the UK and convinced to carry out their duties. It's a huge story that they will not be, even if it turns out to only be a few months. That Della character here posted a long time ago with the comment that the fun part was waiting and watching to see if Meghan could be brought around. I think this Africa story is definitive proof (along with the Sussex ig account, which is showing every sign of being a Meghan mouthpiece) that not only can she NOT be brought around, but that she doesn't want to be. '

So, off to Africa with the two of them.

And if William comes out looking a little petty or jealous (I have no idea of he is, and suspect he might just want to be shot of them at this point, too), so be it in the eyes of the courtiers and men in grey. That will blow over. The main thing is finding something H and M can and will do. It's actually a bit of a brilliant play, imo. No matter what the online gossips speculate about, we are nowhere near seeing Harry and his wife booted out of the RF. I don't even know if that's possible. If it is, it's a long way off. The RF wants things to run smoothly. The very last thing they want to deal with is the utter shitstorm that would ensue if things really came to a head with H and M. Sending them to Africa actually gives them something to do (Harry, anyway) that they have expressed interest in doing. And it puts Meghan into the position of having to be OK with it, if it's something Harry wants - which I believe it may be.

This is all deliciously entertaining and I'm loving the BRF soap opera right now. Meghan has played herself, badly. That People mag stunt, and then the baby shower and the ig account - how stupid can you be? It's equally delicious watching the Stans rage on Celebitchy. They know what's up, even if they'd prefer not to. Yum.

by Anonymousreply 150April 22, 2019 9:47 PM

So I guess all those Sussex followers on Instagram got the Royal Family a little green. Jealousy is an emotion that the jealous person doesn't realize is jealousy. They just know they resent that person/couple a whole lot and think they deserve that resentment. But it is jealousy. We all do it but I think William has it bad. Just like Charles was jealous of Diana and how the crowds loved her.

by Anonymousreply 151April 22, 2019 9:53 PM

They have to weigh up the bad optics of packing H&M off to Africa with the bad optics of them staying in the UK R150

She is not loved in the UK. Most people are indifferent to her but particularly at the moment a direct comparison is being made between the vast sums of money she’s been spending and the case of a disabled man who died in poverty after being refused benefits. The UK has had years of austerity: that’s why the likes of Kate and Anne make a point of wearing “recycled” and high street clothes for public appearances. The BRF know they can’t look too profligate but MM didn’t read the memo.

by Anonymousreply 152April 22, 2019 9:58 PM

The UK will be facing austerity for at the VERY least the next decade, the sensible thing to do is to get Madam, and her disgraceful optics, out of our faces. I think the public love for Harry has long gone.

by Anonymousreply 153April 22, 2019 10:05 PM

R152 - She isn't that loved in the UK, either, she's no Diana, and the recent YouGov poll in March showed that. She didn't rocket up to 1st place - she was down in fifth, with William and Kate in front of her as well as the Queen and Harry. The fraus on CB think she is an adored rock star from Devon to Inverness - she isn't. The Wessex wedding got higher ratings than the Sussex wedding inside the UK, even including streaming and recording for later viewing.

She's a much bigger story outside the UK, which is probably another reason why she and Harry are better off going where they're viewed more positively and why the plan makes so much sense. The rest of the stuff about William's jealousy getting them voted off the island is bollocks. I'm sure William is angry with Meghan's antics, especially about how they impacted his family and the institution, but that's not the same thing as sibling envy. If Harry had wed Cressida Bonas or Chelsy Davy (both of whom must be grinning like Cheshire cats now), this obvious crisis likely wouldn't have occurred.

Meghan Markle is too interested in herself and crap like "branding" ever to have done well as a representative of the BRF and the monarchy. She was always going to be too busy representing the Meghan Markle Brand.

by Anonymousreply 154April 22, 2019 10:10 PM

Just after I posted that I saw the Daily Fail story about Louis and his £35 jumper R153. They’re really emphasising how - relatively - frugal the other royals are.

by Anonymousreply 155April 22, 2019 10:15 PM

R153 - Surprisingly, the UK economy is holding up quite well despite all. We're at nearly full employment and most of the jobs that were trumpeted to be lost by BREXIT have been filled - by Brits.

That said, your point is taken in some ways: this is still a splintered country with very high levels of income inequality - second only to America's.

If that recession that is threatened across the West comes to pass next year or the year after, it won't be pretty. Kate's clothes aren't cheap, either, but she makes a point of recycling, and knows how to choose outfits that don't LOOK so expensive - the money is in the fit and tailoring. Meghan never grasped that trick.

by Anonymousreply 156April 22, 2019 10:16 PM

On Celebitchy, a poster commented that the "cute baby" photos of Prince Louis released today in advance of his birthday is Cambridge damage control. And the responses were "obvious PR is obvious" and "Sweet Jesus ! They are so pathetic."

by Anonymousreply 157April 22, 2019 11:44 PM

Well, they have to post the photos ahead of the attention grab MM is going to pull on his actual birthday.

by Anonymousreply 158April 23, 2019 12:04 AM

Damage control from what? Celebitches don't seem to understand how the monarchy works, or who Messrs. Geidt and Manning are. Oh well, let 'em stew in their ignorance, who cares. Stop quoting them and bringing their shit here, please.

by Anonymousreply 159April 23, 2019 12:12 AM

R158 - If Kate Middleton found a cure for cancer and gave it away free on streetcorners, the Celebitches would still say, "Obvious PR is obvious" and "Sweet Jesus, they are so pathetic".

Because as we all know, it is unheard of for the Cambridges or any other royals anywhere to release baby photos of their kids on the eve of their birthdays.

by Anonymousreply 160April 23, 2019 12:46 AM

That’s the bit that mystifies me r159 - these people spend an inordinate amount of time discussing the BRF but still have no idea of what they do, where they are situated constitutionally, what their role is, what the hierarchy is, what the limits of power are.... none of it. They think it’s like America’s Got Talent except with real diamonds and a fuckload of horses.

Popularity means NOTHING in the great scheme of things. Charles will be king, Camilla will be queen. William will be the next king and Kate will be queen. George will follow (if there is still a monarchy) - likes and retweets mean fuck all.

by Anonymousreply 161April 23, 2019 12:48 AM

R104 No that's actually not traits of narcissist if we're going by clinical definition. Isolating and emotionally abusing partners are really just plain, old, simple shitty things that bad people do. We in the mental health field have often been accused of pathologizing awful things that awful people do, but no, mistreating spouse is not a mental disorder. What Meghan has is the worst of the worst, she fits the clinical presentation of a narcissist AND she is also an awful person who deliberately does mean, awful things to others.

by Anonymousreply 162April 23, 2019 1:01 AM

Came in as assistant marketing manager, then wants to create her own brand on company dime.. without actually doing the job she was hired for.

Yup.

by Anonymousreply 163April 23, 2019 1:10 AM

That's why my loathing has no limits. When I get a glimmer of empathy for the useless twat, I remember how she is rolling Haz like an alcoholic in the alley, and I quickly snap back. Is this going to be like the Kardashians without money, a never ending bullshit PR carousel that takes all my energy to avoid? If all narcissists could be herded into one area it would save the world from a lot of horror.

by Anonymousreply 164April 23, 2019 1:13 AM

The spin about William being jealous of Harry and Meghan does not make sense. Perhaps they meant to say resentment instead of jealousy. Jealousy trends upwards whereas resentment can be sideways/ up-down. Harry is the one who's jealous, and his jealousy is being stoked by his bougie wife. It makes sense because William has everything that Harry would be jealous of, the top job/ title, caring wife without skeletons/ family drama in her closet, and wonderful children. Harry may also be suffering from a case of Dunning-Kruger effect, in that he overestimates his own abilities and importance. Meghan whispering in his ears like a Lady Macbeth after the royal crown pretty much shows shows the level of his intelligence and maturity. The fact that he married her against William's advice and then proceeds to alienate his own family, in essence taking after Meghan's dysfunctions, is really showing him to be double the craven dunce that he was perceived to be.

Why would William be jealous of Harry and Meghan? If anything he'd be resentful that all the strides the BRF had made post-Diana are now being tested and possibly erased. William knew what type of woman Diana was, he loves her because she was his mother. But a well-adjusted person viewing the past with insightful mind would see that what Diana did to he and his brother was unhealthy and toxic. Does William want a repeat-wash-rinse cycle of another Diana, this time from an overt social-climber outsider? You bet he's resentful, to the point that he's letting his petty side out, we got a glimpse of that at Christmas. Harry not to be outdone in the pettiness department, decides to one-up his brother with his unconcealed, petty displeasure at William at church yesterday.

by Anonymousreply 165April 23, 2019 1:28 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 166April 23, 2019 1:44 AM

The bottom line is Meghan Markle's got no innate class, instead she reeks of Wannabee. That's probably what attracted Harry to her. Say what you want about Diana's mental and emotional issues, Diana was born with it and couldn't hide it or lose it. Meghan wants it desperately and that's partly why she'll never have it. Nothing fails like trying too hard - a quality that Sophie Wessex, e.g., thankfully never exhibited despite being common as common. That's why Sophie after a few bumps succeeded where Meghan constantly fails.

by Anonymousreply 167April 23, 2019 1:51 AM

The BRF are master chess players.

by Anonymousreply 168April 23, 2019 1:59 AM

I agree with everything you wrote, r167, except that Sophie wasn't common as common - she was upper middle class, related to Viscounts, and went to Dulwich Prep, which is fairly tony.

by Anonymousreply 169April 23, 2019 2:01 AM

They would never have given the big KP apartment to Meghan and Harry - that was a grab by Meghan. The BRF has "suffered" for years having extra relatives bunk in at KP. When Her Maj is deceased it couldn't be clearer that Charles will remain largely at Clarence House, and so Will, the next heir, will need his own palace and state apartments, etc., not an aunt pile and not a royal dorm. There are other uses for that large apartment Meghan tried to grab/manipulate herself into. There was no evidence at all it was going to Haz and Sparkle. Just PR "leaks" from Smeg's PR.

In all likelihood they would have remained at Nott Cott with the "Where the fuck is this baby" for another year or two, then Charles would have purchased something suitable for them - not too grand, but definitely in the Sunninghill Farm vicinty, and they would have had some sort of London pied a terre at St. James.

by Anonymousreply 170April 23, 2019 2:04 AM

Where are the receipts that MM is abusive to Harry? We are just assuming that based on gossip that she was abusive to staff?

by Anonymousreply 171April 23, 2019 2:06 AM

R166 SoHo House sounds like a gathering place for pretentious climbers and bored people with money.

by Anonymousreply 172April 23, 2019 2:08 AM

Receipts, R171? We aren't at the grocery store.

by Anonymousreply 173April 23, 2019 2:11 AM

R169 - Well, her father owned a sausage factory - let's say they were more on the level with the Middletons, self-made types just across the line. I think the people who accuse the BRF of snobbery and classicism forget how very fond the Queen is of Sophie, who was an exemplary daughter in law but hardly an aristocrat.

The Queen it was said adored Princess Astrid of Luxembourg ("Asty") they called her, but alas - she was Catholic and it was the late 1970s.

by Anonymousreply 174April 23, 2019 2:13 AM

No, R174 - Christopher Rhys Jones didn’t own a sausage factory. Where does this stuff come from? He was an executive for a type importer. Still not exactly top drawer but a couple of steps up from a butcher!

They seem to have been solidly middle class.

But no sausage factory.

by Anonymousreply 175April 23, 2019 2:19 AM

^^ “tyre” not “type”

by Anonymousreply 176April 23, 2019 2:20 AM

[quote]The bottom line is Meghan Markle's got no innate class

Why would you say such a thing?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 177April 23, 2019 2:21 AM

LOL R160. It's a shameful confession, I know, but I read the comments there because they're often so unintentionally funny and ridiculous.

by Anonymousreply 178April 23, 2019 2:26 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 179April 23, 2019 2:50 AM

Seems the Middleton genes were what was needed to override the horsefaced Windsor ones.

by Anonymousreply 180April 23, 2019 2:54 AM

That kid looks well on his way to a full-on unibrow - and he's only one? By age ten he might well look like Eddie Munster. Still very cute though.

by Anonymousreply 181April 23, 2019 3:00 AM

Remember when Sugars pushed the lie that baby Prince Louis had Downs and was being kept hidden?

by Anonymousreply 182April 23, 2019 3:08 AM

This is a Meghan hating thread and the Will and Kate thread is the Will hating thread.

I am beginning to think they are all assholes.

by Anonymousreply 183April 23, 2019 3:10 AM

Like the Sugars' unibrow lie. Louis' brows are like the Middleton brother, very handsone around the eyes.

by Anonymousreply 184April 23, 2019 3:12 AM

The Sugars may be saying 'unibrow' but I'm no Sugar. I loathe the deluded Sugars even more than I loathe Meghan, which is saying something, because Meghan is the human version of nails down a chalkboard to me.

by Anonymousreply 185April 23, 2019 3:16 AM

Somewhere in these threads someone asked which royal you'd like to hang out with.

I thought about it, and choose Fergie. I figure there's a good chance that after a few drinks, she'd get loose and blab secrets. Even to a nobody.

Or maybe Harry and Meghan. I'd sympathize with the terrible unfair treatment they're getting, and maybe they'd be unable to resist spilling some resentment.

All the others would be too wary and reserved. Rightly so!

by Anonymousreply 186April 23, 2019 3:19 AM

R171, I’m not sure “abusive” is what I’d call it. Maybe “toxic” or “codependent”. We don’t know how she treats him in private. She seems to be fine in public, if not a little clingy.

by Anonymousreply 187April 23, 2019 3:30 AM

R171 I have often wondered what these ‘receipts’ are that some bang on about.

by Anonymousreply 188April 23, 2019 3:55 AM

Louis looks like a little old man. I think it's the dark eyes:light skin, makes him look very intense.

That baby pic of Kate in the DM is comically ugly.

by Anonymousreply 189April 23, 2019 4:07 AM

I would not turn my nose up to hang out with any of them... except maybe Andrew, and well Harry and Meghan. MEghan's voice is grating, this side of pretentious with a perceptible vocal fry register that takes it beyond annoying. Plus, she loves to hear herself talk so no thank you to ad nauseum trite word salad IG blather enough to give a migraine. Plus, give me crumpets with clotted cream and marmalade for my tea, none of this avocado toast whispering bullshit. And Harry is so brain dead I think I would have to be stoned to tolerate his company. Give me access to his drug stash if I would have to stomach his dim but thinks he is so funny schtick or his sidepiece who always thinks she's the smartest person in the room.

by Anonymousreply 190April 23, 2019 4:19 AM

I wouldn't say MM is abusive towards Harry; but she's quite domineering over him. Just watch the revealing of the plaque video, and that's how she treated him in public. Can't imagine some more domineering stuff going on behind the scene.

by Anonymousreply 191April 23, 2019 4:39 AM

Re MM being abusive to staff...I think she desn't get that she and they are both employees; she's just a bit higher up on the food chain. She thinks she's their employer and they have to take orders from her alone. I wouldn't be surprised if she has inadvertently consumed some disgusting things as revenge for this attitude.

by Anonymousreply 192April 23, 2019 4:50 AM

That is one adorable baby, R57. The eyes...he's going to be a heartbreaker. He's handsomer than George already.

by Anonymousreply 193April 23, 2019 6:19 AM

As to how MM treats PH, I think it's 'my way or the highway' with her. He's caught between a rock and a hard place. He knows damn well what what is required from them, and as much as he'd like to give the royal finger to his family, the pecking order and all their rules, his pride is stung that people are jeering at him and condemning his wife. So he feels he has to support her even though he knows she is walking them over a cliff with her ignorance and hubris.

I recall reading that he was really anxious to move into apt 1 at KP, noting that it had one more room than apt 1A, the Cambridges' abode. Frogmore was a giant and likely unexpected step down. Africa? It's unknown as to whether he prefers it to Frogmore, the back row, walking behind the Cambs, and opening Tescos, but I think it's safe to say it is the last place his wife would have chosen to live.

by Anonymousreply 194April 23, 2019 6:31 AM

When have the royals ever “opened a Tescos”?

I’ve seen this before on here. Everything they do has a charitable angle...they don’t open supermarkets, ffs.

by Anonymousreply 195April 23, 2019 6:39 AM

Haha Mr and Mrs Frog couldn.t resist to post instagram pics of earthday and how important they are . Of course all in a bid to shove prince Louis from the headlines .

by Anonymousreply 196April 23, 2019 7:14 AM

The Royal Family does not, repeat, not, have ‘fans’. That word belongs only in is that ghastly Hollywood place.

by Anonymousreply 197April 23, 2019 7:16 AM

Hello Crazy R196 !

by Anonymousreply 198April 23, 2019 7:29 AM

Ah, what could have been...

https://www.hellomagazine.com/royalty/gallery/2018051048484/who-lives-in-kensington-palace/1/

by Anonymousreply 199April 23, 2019 7:59 AM

R199 You need to post the link in the separate box.

by Anonymousreply 200April 23, 2019 8:55 AM

R195 reminded me of this photo; one of my favorites.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 201April 23, 2019 8:55 AM

Meanwhile, in similar surroundings, the face gives it away...

[quote]As god is my witness, as god is my witness, they're not going to lick me. I'm going to live through this and when it's all over, I'll never work retail again. If I have to lie, steal, cheat, or kill, as god is my witness I'll never work retail again!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 202April 23, 2019 9:03 AM

Relax guys, Harry's just fine.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 203April 23, 2019 10:14 AM

LOL r202!

by Anonymousreply 204April 23, 2019 10:26 AM

Ignorant people (read Meghan stans) use the word "receipts" for the word "proof" which is ridiculous because they don't mean the same thing at all.

by Anonymousreply 205April 23, 2019 10:45 AM

Meg missed this one out of her #EarthDay Insta post.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 206April 23, 2019 10:50 AM

When I looked at R206's picture I immediately envisioned Smegz laying where the animal is.

Yes, I'm a horrible person and I'll rot in hell....

by Anonymousreply 207April 23, 2019 10:55 AM

Mr and Mrs Frog and the little froglet go to Africa. See their adventures when they overcome the wild continent . Frogs live there too you know . They will feel right at home . 😂

by Anonymousreply 208April 23, 2019 11:04 AM

Do you think anyone in the RF likes Sparkles? I doubt even Lady Louise the ‘tard has any use for her.

by Anonymousreply 209April 23, 2019 11:05 AM

Maybe a better place for Hazbean would have been the wilds of New Zealand or the Australian outback. They probably don't even have Wifi out there. (Or do they?)

by Anonymousreply 210April 23, 2019 11:09 AM

We don't want them!

by Anonymousreply 211April 23, 2019 11:19 AM

I love the subtlety of choosing somewhere in Africa for exile. Meg can’t complain because it’s what she represented herself to be, great humanitarian, look at me humanitarianing all over the place...

But she will be thousands of miles from any of the big hubs of power like New York, London etc. A long way away from Soho, unless they start up a SohoSafari.

by Anonymousreply 212April 23, 2019 11:24 AM

Could someone be a love and either upload a link or tell me where to find the video of William telling the two dimwits they're "not allowed" where he is or whatever he's looking at. I can't remember what the event was.

by Anonymousreply 213April 23, 2019 11:27 AM

It was at the ceremony to mark the 50th anniversary of the Investiture of The Prince of Wales, at Buckingham Palace in March. I'm having a look for some links, but someone might grab one in the meantime R213

by Anonymousreply 214April 23, 2019 11:34 AM

R212 Yep. Remember when she proclaimed that she divided her life between “red carpets and refugee camps” (after having been to Rwanda for three days)? Since working amongst the poor (nameless) unfortunates was all her soul yearned to be able to do, living in Lesotho ought to suit her down to the ground.

Quite funny to think she may actually have to start living the life she was pretending she lived in her sanctimonious Tig blatherings.

Careful what tou wish for (or lie about), Smeghead.

by Anonymousreply 215April 23, 2019 11:34 AM

Cheers R214! I just found it on YouTube. Damn I can't stand that obnoxious, goofy smile of hers.

by Anonymousreply 216April 23, 2019 11:38 AM

Between red carpets and Rwanda? I can't believe it.

by Anonymousreply 217April 23, 2019 11:40 AM

Here is another link, R216, enjoy!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 218April 23, 2019 11:47 AM

Whoops, could be a broken link, but you've seen it now.

by Anonymousreply 219April 23, 2019 11:47 AM

From today's Daily Mail, lol.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 220April 23, 2019 11:50 AM

R209, Louise is fine, you twerp.

You probably had her brother, Viscount Retard, in mind though.

by Anonymousreply 221April 23, 2019 11:51 AM

We don't want them either.

Canada (still embarrassed about trashy Suits show)

by Anonymousreply 222April 23, 2019 12:14 PM

Direct quote from her:

“And while my life shifts from refugee camps to red carpets, I choose them both because these worlds can, in fact, coexist. And for me, they must. My eleven year old self would be proud, because while I may not have realized it at the time, I, in fact, have always had a foot in the world of entertainment as well as the world of public service; my life now is simply a more heightened version of the very reality in which I grew up. And, truth be told, it’s the most beautiful gift I never knew I always had”.

🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮

She really is the most obnoxious, self-important cunt imaginable. I thought AJ was bad but she’d never write something as repulsive as this about herself.

Also.....worth bearing in mind....this was posted to The Tig in October 2016, a matter of days before her “secret” relationship was leaked.

by Anonymousreply 223April 23, 2019 12:16 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 224April 23, 2019 12:27 PM

Of course, birthday wishes for Louis center on Me-Gain.

She really is one for the books.

by Anonymousreply 225April 23, 2019 12:28 PM

I wouldn't put it past her at all....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 226April 23, 2019 12:32 PM

A shameless lesbian whore .

by Anonymousreply 227April 23, 2019 12:32 PM

She a fucking psychopath.

by Anonymousreply 228April 23, 2019 12:35 PM

That's IT.

She's got to go.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 229April 23, 2019 12:38 PM

She is getting into "Risking her own life" category. A widowed Prince who occasionally brings out the baby as a single Dad, is far more positive heart pulling public relations for the Crown then this mess.

by Anonymousreply 230April 23, 2019 12:44 PM

If she does put a pic of her baby on the cover of whatever that magazine is now that USED to be Vogue, they can forget Africa. Siberia is where they'll be heading. Let's see the phony cunt build her brand in 80 degree below weather, wrapped in reindeer guts.

by Anonymousreply 231April 23, 2019 12:48 PM

Oh please. Drama drama drama.

by Anonymousreply 232April 23, 2019 12:51 PM

^ you all did see where the Palace denied the Vogue story... didn’t you?

by Anonymousreply 233April 23, 2019 12:52 PM

Piss back off to Celebitchy, r232.

by Anonymousreply 234April 23, 2019 12:53 PM

R223 Meghan’s narcissism and bitchass fakery on full display there in one paragraph of her own writing. In one paragraph she managed to use “I, my, and me” a total of 10 times. While describing her supposed humanitarian work. Just wow, I mean no filters in hiding self-promotion at all, which leads one to think she’s not at all as highly intelligent as she and her friends say she is. She must have some dumb friends if they think she’s intelligent.

by Anonymousreply 235April 23, 2019 1:01 PM

R202 for the win!

(You could have added, "or fuck smelly old men in hopes of getting a part . . . "

by Anonymousreply 236April 23, 2019 1:03 PM

Why is r232 racist, r234? Curious to know... btw this is the interesting new tack by racists. Not only deny you're a racist, but proactively accuse others of being a racist. “I’m not a racist...you’re the racist!”

by Anonymousreply 237April 23, 2019 1:04 PM

If Meghan could, she would’ve posed nude on VF a la Demi Moore. But next best thing would be doing baby photo shoot with VF or Vogue, both highly aspirational magazines that likely Meghan deems acceptable among American ones.

by Anonymousreply 238April 23, 2019 1:04 PM

The palace haven't denied the Vogue story, only a rep of of MM's. who is probably Scobie. And she and him are as thick as thieves.

by Anonymousreply 239April 23, 2019 1:05 PM

R232 is the person who proclaims on a gossip website that it's all drama, drama, drama. You just don't get it, do you, honey?

by Anonymousreply 240April 23, 2019 1:06 PM

Yes...no Palace denial.

by Anonymousreply 241April 23, 2019 1:06 PM

R233 - In fairness, the Palace has in the dim reaches of the past, denied stories that turned out to have legs. And if fairness, it must bear reminding that Meghan broke a cardinal rule for royal girlfriends before a formal engagement has been announced: never, ever discuss the relationship with the press. Instead, she got herself a Vanity Fair cover article (something she would never have gotten via her own status in the industry in a million years) and openly discussed the relationship, including in the last quoted lines virtually announcing a private engagement.

So it's not beyond the reach of imagination that Meghan had received an offer from Vogue for those first baby photos at an astronomical price that the Palace knows all too well Meghan would have leapt at left to her own devices - if the BP PR Chief that Meghan's PR must report to told Ms Latham in no uncertain terms that any such venture would finish off the Duchess's duchessing days instantly, as well as Ms Latham's 140,000 taxpayer funded position in BP.

So, yes, in this case, it's likely the Palace denial is reliable. And it wil again remind Meghan of how much she has to sacrifice for this bloody institution, conveniently forgetting that the only reason Vogue would have been interested is because that bloody institution let Meghan into it.

by Anonymousreply 242April 23, 2019 1:11 PM

What was wrong with the Louis birthday tweet? (Aside from being a totally inappropriate way to communicate with a baby family member...)

by Anonymousreply 243April 23, 2019 1:12 PM

Maybe the denial is true...she’s not planning a big reveal on Vogue.

It’s Vanity Fair. Maybe.

Oh.......PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE let it be true!

by Anonymousreply 244April 23, 2019 1:12 PM

It’ll be on the cover of People.

But seriously, is there a LAW that says she can’t pull an Angelina and donate the “photo fee” to a “charity”? Of course it’s not royal protocol, but she regularly thumbs her nose at THAT.

And I’m assuming that any publication who makes a deal with Meghan that goes against royal protocol will be frozen out by The Firm.

by Anonymousreply 245April 23, 2019 1:17 PM

R212 It’s my experience with people who actually spend large portions of their lives being hands-on humanitarians, that they never talk as Meghan does when describing what they do. I know a fellow NP who before finishing postgraduate studies, spent almost 2 years in Haiti running a primary care health clinic. When talking about experiences, it was mostly focused on the people she met/ helped there, or how specific things necessary to affect long term, positive change. I have 2 other friends who are RNs, they go on medical missions twice a year, staying a month each at a time. None of them talk like Meghan, me me me I I I etc.....

Fuck, this fake ass bitch grates on my nerves. Every true humanitarian worker or volunteer should feel anger when Meghan and Harry pops off about being fucking humanitarians.

by Anonymousreply 246April 23, 2019 1:17 PM

R244 - I very much doubt it. As I said upthread, the "optics", literally and figutatively, would scream self-serving narcissist exploiting her child and her position for personal attention and gain so loudly that even the tin-eared Meghan couldn't miss it.

by Anonymousreply 247April 23, 2019 1:18 PM

[quote]Ignorant people (read Meghan stans) use the word "receipts" for the word "proof" which is ridiculous because they don't mean the same thing at all.

“Receipts” is well-known slang, famously used by DL fave Whitney Houston. Are you a thousand years old or what?

by Anonymousreply 248April 23, 2019 1:19 PM

R239 - Ah, is that the case? Interesting.

by Anonymousreply 249April 23, 2019 1:20 PM

My experience too, r246. Lots of talk about the work that is done and what more is needed. No phrases like ”It’s so important for me” or ”I am so compassionate about”. And none of them would ever call themselves humanitarians, not in a million years.

by Anonymousreply 250April 23, 2019 1:35 PM

Answered your own question R243

by Anonymousreply 251April 23, 2019 1:37 PM

R205 Is angry that informal language has moved on and left her behind.

by Anonymousreply 252April 23, 2019 1:47 PM

*gag*

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 253April 23, 2019 2:08 PM

^^^Only bougie Meghan and her frau fans would generate something so tacky as that sort of "art". That, ladies and gents, is the main distinction between Kate and wannabe celebritard Meghan. Once you go the Kartrashian route, you can never go back, and unfortunately Harry will come to regret his choice in wife sooner or later. I don't expect him to be welcomed back into the fold after the inevitable divorce.

by Anonymousreply 254April 23, 2019 2:20 PM

“These discussions, which the couple are driving, are very much embryonic,” says the source, who is familiar with a number of their future endeavors.

Well, we can guess who the source is ! #Spin #Spin

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 255April 23, 2019 2:30 PM

That fan fiction "art" at R253 is amazing. I love when the nutters get their creative juices flowing in ways that need to be studied by psychiatrists.

by Anonymousreply 256April 23, 2019 2:30 PM

Diana's ghost-cupping is a nice touch. Hahaha.

by Anonymousreply 257April 23, 2019 2:31 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 258April 23, 2019 2:36 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 259April 23, 2019 2:39 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 260April 23, 2019 2:40 PM

More from Kate's artistic fans

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 261April 23, 2019 2:43 PM

From the Scobie article at R255, which says William has nothing to do with the Africa plans::

[quote] Adds the Sussex friend, “Let’s be clear about one thing: Any decision the couple make about their future will be made by themselves for themselves. Harry and Meghan have always wanted to reach people on a global level and that is the only thing that’s motivating them. Aside from the Queen and Prince Charles, they’re not looking to other family members, or their teams, for guidance.”

by Anonymousreply 262April 23, 2019 2:46 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 263April 23, 2019 2:47 PM

Oh I do like this one.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 264April 23, 2019 2:50 PM

R261 Nah, that Diana overlooking Meghan cradling her bump is a lot worse because it's based upon element of reality and the "artist" actually wrote words to demonstrate her earnestness. That is the cringeworthy part. The example you'd posted of Kate's fan art is quite funny compared to scary Meg-stan who did that cringeworthy piece.

by Anonymousreply 265April 23, 2019 2:50 PM

Personally, I would be very surprised if Harry & Meghan MOVE to Africa. I think they'll TRAVEL there a lot.

by Anonymousreply 266April 23, 2019 2:50 PM

Babies grow up so quickly! Louis through his first year of life.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 267April 23, 2019 2:53 PM

I think Louis is the BEST LOOKING Cambridge child.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 268April 23, 2019 2:54 PM

Buck Palace says it isn’t true. But I think it is. This reminds me of how they shoved The Duke of Windsor off to The Bahamas.

by Anonymousreply 269April 23, 2019 2:55 PM

R255, good catch. Meghan is to embryonic as Pence is to lodestar.

by Anonymousreply 270April 23, 2019 2:56 PM

Does Her Royal Highness The Duchess of Sussex have any tattoos?

by Anonymousreply 271April 23, 2019 2:59 PM

666 on her head.

by Anonymousreply 272April 23, 2019 3:02 PM

R264 That drawing captures Meghan's slightly crossed eyes to perfection. Between Meg's cross-eyes and Harry's close-set eyes, that poor child. Kate at least has given all of her children good Middleton genes, hopefully through them the direct line will be free of those dominant Windsor close-set eyes genes for good. Both Will and Harry also got a heavy dose of long, bulbous nose genes from Diana and Charles, but the Cambridge children seem to have escaped that too.

by Anonymousreply 273April 23, 2019 3:04 PM

Crap PR in full overdrive this Tuesday after Easter!!

How about using all the elements: Banished royal family members in a Reality Show panning back and forth between chosen-by-most-likes Refugee Camp and Hollywood red carpet hijinx featuring You Know Whos.

Covered on a rotating basis by formerly respected highly aspirational magazines Vogue and Vanity Fair, with think pieces and iconic photography reserved for People. All family members need not apply for parts, only adorable poors and ultra influential top billionaires welcome. STAY TUNED

by Anonymousreply 274April 23, 2019 3:09 PM

R273, usually genetic diversity brings beauty. But I don’t know how that baby will avoid the close-set eyes and Bob Hope nose.

by Anonymousreply 275April 23, 2019 3:09 PM

The shitshow continues...Trump will be getting a State Visit to Britain in June. Plug your nose, Queenie! This will be a time when she'll have to "keep calm and carry on".

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 276April 23, 2019 3:11 PM

Andrew and Edward in kilts with the Queen.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 277April 23, 2019 3:13 PM

R265 It's all cringy IMO. Some posters seem to think tacky art from royal fans is limited to Meghan. There has always been and will always be a nutter segment of the royal fan club.

by Anonymousreply 278April 23, 2019 3:16 PM

If anyone is in the UK, there is a docu on Yesterday channel, right now, " Private Lives : Princess Margaret ".

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 279April 23, 2019 3:19 PM

Prior to the internet, who knows what people were sketching about Action Man Charlie and Randy Andy. Ooohh

That would make for some fun posts.

by Anonymousreply 280April 23, 2019 3:19 PM

My opinion: Charlotte resembles William more, Louis is more of a Middleton and Georgie is a mix of both parents. One thing they all have in common: HUGE CHEEKS. LOL..

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 281April 23, 2019 3:21 PM

R252 Many people are annoyed by the use of Millenial slang such as receipts, woke, lit, salty, yaas, cancelled and other slang of the moment (see Celebitchy for endless examples.) It's trendy slang that will be soon be replaced by a new set of trendy slang, and is best left to the 25 and under crowd. There is actually research on this if you care to look.

by Anonymousreply 282April 23, 2019 3:22 PM

Fan art of Meghan at her wedding.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 283April 23, 2019 3:32 PM

R282 has joined R205 in the "Angry At Language Flexibility" Society. Meetings held at 8:30 a.m on Wednesdays in the Luddite Room.

by Anonymousreply 284April 23, 2019 3:38 PM

Clarity is important, R284.

If people don't know what the fuck you are talking about, you may think you are clever, but in reality your point is not gotten across.

People are free to write in Egyptian hieroglyphs if they wish. Knock yourself out.

by Anonymousreply 285April 23, 2019 3:54 PM

Nice clap back R284. But really, there's no need to be salty. I wasn't throwing shade, just trying to explain. I know adulting is hard.

by Anonymousreply 286April 23, 2019 3:54 PM

I’m neither old nor r282, r205 or r284 but I just see receipts, tea, salty etc., as cringeworthy and dull. As soon as something becomes common currency it ceases to be cool.

by Anonymousreply 287April 23, 2019 3:57 PM

R285 / R2285 Yass queen! I see you've been taking lessons from your grandchildren. Well done. You may not be joining Wednesday's meeting. R285 will be taking your place

by Anonymousreply 288April 23, 2019 3:59 PM

That compliment was meant for R286/ R282

by Anonymousreply 289April 23, 2019 4:00 PM

R287, R282 and R286 here. I was searching for the correct word and you nailed it. Cringeworthy.

by Anonymousreply 290April 23, 2019 4:03 PM

The Cambridge children, with their bright eyes are rosy cheeks, are very attractive.

Harry and Meghan's child will probably be either very good-looking or very odd-looking. With that mix of genes, a simply plain child isn't likely.

Of course, who knows how they'll all look as adults? My guess is that Louis will be the looker in the Cambridge group, simply because he seemed to take after the fine-looking Middletons more. However, we all remember how much William looked like his mother as a young man. Those Windsor genes lie in wait, and the results are never pretty.

by Anonymousreply 291April 23, 2019 4:04 PM

Bright eyes AND rosy cheeks. Sorry.

by Anonymousreply 292April 23, 2019 4:04 PM

R291, George and Louis better hope they inherited the Middleton hair.

by Anonymousreply 293April 23, 2019 4:06 PM

The exile is going to backfire on the BRF.

by Anonymousreply 294April 23, 2019 4:07 PM

Newest blind:

[quote]Two more royals added to the bald man's team. All it took was an annual "stipend," of a little over $100K. That also brought their parents firmly to his side.

So is this a case where we shall see Beatrice and Eugenie take on more prominent roles?

by Anonymousreply 295April 23, 2019 4:11 PM

I don’t think so, R294.

It’s going to lead to the divorce everyone has been praying for since last May.

by Anonymousreply 296April 23, 2019 4:11 PM

R290 don't regress. "Cringeworthy," as opposed to "cringe worthy" was the "cool" language of the late 1970s. "Cool" is also a trendy term from the period.

Cringey is the term for you.

by Anonymousreply 297April 23, 2019 4:12 PM

The blind at R295 sounds like a Sparkle dropping.

Honey, the Yorks have been against you since you pulled the maternity coat stunt at Eugenie’s wedding. “The bald one” (as Sparkle so delicately puts it) wouldn’t need to give anyone in the family a single cent to hate that grifter.

by Anonymousreply 298April 23, 2019 4:15 PM

Straight to the point.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 299April 23, 2019 4:16 PM

R285 You make an excellent point. This is a British site with posters from many countries. Everyone may not know or care to know the latest US slang.

by Anonymousreply 300April 23, 2019 4:17 PM

Merriam-Webster is your friend, R297.

by Anonymousreply 301April 23, 2019 4:20 PM

On a gay internet anonymous posting site, let's not get our knickers in a knot that people use slang.

Respond to the things that make sense to you and leave the ones that don't.

Don't be all triggered.

by Anonymousreply 302April 23, 2019 4:26 PM

Of course you are right, R302.

by Anonymousreply 303April 23, 2019 4:29 PM

Speaking of the Yorks choosing a team... we never did get an official story as to how Meghan and Harry met. It was heavily implied that one of the Yorks (they’re as interchangeable to me as the Olsen Twins) introduced them. Or was it some friend of Harry’s?

It should be straightforward. It’s not as if she FORGOT. The vague and shifting narrative is fishy.

by Anonymousreply 304April 23, 2019 4:33 PM

I love how Harry professes to love Africa and considers the continent his second home, but main reason for the lengthy time he'd spent there for "conservation projects" are really nothing but covers for his love of big game hunting. How did Meghan reconcile being a so-called animal lover yet was okay with dating a man who's into blood sport? So now dim Harry either wants to go live in/ spend large chunks of time in Africa, is that another cover for him spending his time hunting there while his wife promotes the shit out of their extended stay as "humanitarian work"?

by Anonymousreply 305April 23, 2019 4:35 PM

R304 - the "WHO introduced them" is not the only story they can't get straight about their meeting. The month they met seems to change too so the "WHEN" is suspect too.

by Anonymousreply 306April 23, 2019 4:38 PM

Harry would definitely be doing some big game hunting while in Africa with Meghan and baby, bet on it. How are Meg-stans going to spin that one? By all accounts they're the sort that are all SJW up in arms about hunting (most are not vegetarians and have no problem eating meat), so I'm waiting for the cognitive dissonance when photos os Harry with his kills/ trophies leak out.

by Anonymousreply 307April 23, 2019 4:39 PM

Bald One = William? How does the 2nd in line have any authority to pay anyone stipends? That story smells. Try harder Sparkles.

by Anonymousreply 308April 23, 2019 4:45 PM

In a new article about the Africa scenario, People magazine quotes an anonymous source as saying people depend on the existence of the Commonwealth and its continued success. I was under the impression that the Commonwealth is more a friendly alliance than something that benefits people in a direct way. What is the perception in the UK and Commonwealth countries?

by Anonymousreply 309April 23, 2019 4:48 PM

How they met is inconvenient to Meghan's bullshit version. She was still fucking her chef boyfriend/ fiancé when she set sights on dim Harry. If they told the truth it'd be like telling their kids that mom was a ho-bag. I know someone who met her boyfriend at a hookup site (sleazy, worse than Tinder), they're still together but also don't tell others how they met.

I think the issue of how Harry and Meghan met rests with Meghan not Harry, she must have instructed him to let her control that narrative. This is a woman who has no problem being a social climber, but she's also self-aware enough to want to cover up the tracks. This is why although I do think she is clinically a narcissist, at core she's an awful person first and foremost because she knows the shitty things she does are wrong.

by Anonymousreply 310April 23, 2019 4:49 PM

I don't think she cares if she did shitty things. I think she cares how it looks and affects her brand.

by Anonymousreply 311April 23, 2019 4:52 PM

The more important you make the York girls (as the second son's offspring), then the more importance you assign to Harry's kid (also the second son's offspring).

The family needs more temporary help now because Charles and Diana didn't create enough kids to carry out the workload. The York girls are the most obvious choice. When William's king, he'll have three (maybe four) kids to help with the workload, so he won't have to dig into the nieces-and-nephews bin for temporary help.

by Anonymousreply 312April 23, 2019 4:58 PM

What is the work load though? Shouldn't streamlining the BRF include ways to reorganize the charities and organizations they patronize? I don't know how they do things, I'm just throwing out questions.

by Anonymousreply 313April 23, 2019 5:02 PM

Can’t altogether agree, R310. A narcissist cannot accept, on any concious level, that they are anything less than perfect. If they did a thing that society would consider “bad” (like cheating or fucking men for money) they would have some convoluted way of explaining that to themselves which absolves them of any blame at all. If confronted by others they simply lie. And lie. And lie.

What is so extraordinary in the true narcissist is their complete lack of self-awareness or any comprehension of how others might be viewing them.

Markle has bare-faced lied in several interviews. She claimed she was setting up a “girls’ program” in India & she also said that she’d been volunteering in a Toronto soup kitchen for the wholle time she was on Suits.

Neither were true. Most of us simply couldn’t/wouldn’t lie in such visible circumstances - but a narcissist will because it will simply not occur to them that anyone would doubt them, even when their lies can be easily exposed.

It’s the blatant lying together with the truly sickening “How To Be Both” tribute to herself that convinces me she has pathological NPD. An active, real personality disorder.

I genuinely, and sincerely, feel sorry for the child she’s having.

by Anonymousreply 314April 23, 2019 5:05 PM

R309 For your reading pleasure. A Canadian opinion on the Commonwealth.

Summary: It's a soft power organization. It allows the bigger members to feel powerful in a world where they lack other avenues of power.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 315April 23, 2019 5:11 PM

Hmmmmm. ( This isn't just a random Twitter account, btw, it's one of a few suspected to be Megalomaniac ) .

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 316April 23, 2019 5:14 PM

R314, agree. There’s something very wrong with her. I watched (on DVR) the Dateline episode about Elizabeth Holmes and Theranos last night. I kept thinking about Meghan the entire time. Not that they’re the same, but they’re these women who have gigantic balls and fool people.

by Anonymousreply 317April 23, 2019 5:14 PM

[quote]How did Meghan reconcile being a so-called animal lover yet was okay with dating a man who's into blood sport?

Contrarily to Her Royal Highness's propitiously vast brainheld vocabulary — the vastest brain of all awash in vainglorious verbiages, adjectival modifiers, and simple nouns all lapping languidly against a rocky shoreline as they're tossed by a briny tempest of juniper-infused CSF, so redolent of lazy late-summer days spent daydreaming of stealthily stowing away on a Japanese whaling ship; yummy dreams of being held tenderly betwixt sea and sky as nature's great beasts are blasted by explosive rounds before being lovingly winched, lungs slowly filling with their life's very blood, by their gossamer whaletails as their heads are gently forced under the lapping waves wherein they shall fight in vain to breathe before finally succumbing to blissful suffocation one halfed hour or so later, all the while feeling sublimely blessed that Her Royal Highness was there to bear witness to their peaceful transition whereupon which they shall never be forced to suffer the moribund indignities of old age — Her Royal Highness knows not this word, "reconcile."

#BeautyInAllThings

by Anonymousreply 318April 23, 2019 5:19 PM

R314, Respectfully disagree about perfectionism-narcissist connection because there is none. I think Meghan is also a controlling perfectionist but that has nothing to do with being a narcissist by clinical definition. I have a few patients with NPD and BPD, both of these cluster B personality disorders are hell to deal with. One of them, a BPD patient, will even call me on my off hours and accuse me of everything under the sun (serious abandonment issues).

With narcissists, one of the supporting diagnostic features is vulnerability in self-esteem. This will often manifest in how sensitive they are in private to every sort of perceived criticism, even ones that are constructive or deserved. Narcissists will often react by counterattacks or being defiant. Because narcissists have a grandiose regard of self-importance (opposing their vulnerable self-esteem), they believe they are unique and deserve praise and admiration from others. However, they do not associate themselves as being perfect, rather it's that they consider themselves unique. This means that all their faults are just part of their uniqueness to be excused away as such, not so much lapses in perfectionism. People with NPD are also envious of others or believe that others are envious of themselves, that, coupled with insensitive disregard for other people's feelings and contributions, is what leads to problems in interpersonal relationships. Meghan and her family strife now extending it to the BRF, this is also in keeping with the diagnosis.

If anything the narcissist is very much self-aware, especially in the sense that they are preoccupied with how they are viewed and perceived by others. It's when they do not receive fawning admiration from others that they become perplexed. But on the whole, the classic narcissist does understand the wrongness of their own behavior, it's just that they disregard or even justify it. It's why many of us in the mental health field will often hesitate to take on cluster B personality patient, because there's nothing that we can do to treat them except psychotherapy such as DBT for desired behavior change, and even that is ineffective. That's Meghan in a nutshell, she'll likely never change for the better because like I said, she's at core an awful person, and second she has a personality disorder that's one of the worst types to have.

by Anonymousreply 319April 23, 2019 5:35 PM

Is the kind MEghan presents a learned trait or does it stem from congenital sociopathy? I know this is armchair pyschoanalyzing but I am interested in speculating if you will indulge me.

by Anonymousreply 320April 23, 2019 5:42 PM

Thanks for your reaponse R319.

You are considerably more fluent in your writing than me & I don’t think I explained myself well.

Perhaps “self-awareness” wasn’t the right term.

Most people...as in 99.9999999999% ...could never, ever write something so blatantly self-congratulatory as that How To Be Both article, and neither would they fill it with lies that could easily be exposed. I’ve read plenty of brags & boasts, some stealthy, some not - but I have never come across anything quite like that. Has anyone else?

It’s almost as if she has no real conception of how awful it makes her look - and it does. It’s that seeming lack of insight into other people’s perceptions...or rather her complete disregard of it. I called that “lack of self-awareness” but it may have been the wrong term.

Most of us are quite capable of a bit of a boast...IG & FB is full of it....but even the biggest braggarts around wouldn’t actually write.....”Why am I so devoted to charity work? Well, I was born that way, according to my mummy”. I mean......WTF?

Also, I wasn’t talking about perfectionism, I’m a bit of a perfectionist but I don’t have NPD (I fecking hope!). No, I meant the “I can do no wrong. I am superior...and even when I do things that other people might consider wrong, I am justified because everything I do and am is right, because I am Meghan Markle”.

How do you think Harry is coping with her behind the scenes. He seems to have completely capitulated to her in every possible way.

by Anonymousreply 321April 23, 2019 5:53 PM

I'm afraid she isn't being given a choice this time, ha.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 322April 23, 2019 5:54 PM

All these relatives! Where have they come from?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 323April 23, 2019 5:57 PM

R321 I am not the poster you're speaking to but I just wanted to hop in to confirm that you are not American, are you? I'm not, either, but I spent almost a decade there in the 00s and, although this should not be interpreted as a defense of the awful MM, that 'tone' in the article is very, very American. Culturally, it's not seen as cringey or bad form to boast like that in the US. I'm sure some Americans will pop up no with "yes it is!" and yes, I know there are probably many US folks who find it distasteful. But in the larger culture that kind of thinking is almost seen as aspirational. It's seen as high self-esteem and self-belief. Americans are culturally able and unashamed to 'sell' themselves, as MM is doing in that me-so-charitable write up. As a non American, I was never able to settle into a level of comfort with it. You couldn't pay me to talk about myself that way - and that doesn't mean I don't feel I have anything to brag about, or am incapable through inborn humility of bragging. Not at all. But that in your face language and tone is very offputting to me.

Again, this is not a defense of the cringey duchess. Her apparent unwillingness to recognize that she now swims in an entirely different cultural pool reflects badly on her, as does Harry's seeming reaction of cheerleading the worst of her American tendencies rather than helping her to understand why they do not go over so well with a UK audience.

by Anonymousreply 324April 23, 2019 6:03 PM

Well, the Ducharse has removed her birthday message to Louis.

by Anonymousreply 325April 23, 2019 6:06 PM

No, I'm wrong, she hasn't. Carry on!

by Anonymousreply 326April 23, 2019 6:08 PM

R320, Current evidence support cluster B personality types to be partly influenced by genetics as well as social environment. There has been some discussions about how a person with genetic predisposition can go on to develop NPD with the right social environment, and one of them being an inadequate bond in the parental-child relationship early on. That's the older model of thinking, as there are recent studies that make the argument of childhood over-gratification as being main contributory cause. So this can be someone who was very much made to feel that she's unique, in other words self-esteem overload. I think this may be true in Meghan's case, the timeline of her upbringing falls under the child psychology trend at the time (employed at schools as well as parents), which has since been debunked, that has to do with constant praising of children to instill self-confidence. If I had to play armchair psychotherapist with Meghan's childhood, I'd be inclined to think that her parents, Doria with her cult/ new-age/ free-spirit mindset fit into that whole movement. Thomas too, with his casual attitude for drug use and being in Hollywood milieu, I'm also inclined to think that he'd be more of the praise your child to the hilt type. Remember, LA in the 1980s/ 90s was awash in trendy psychology shit, and Meghan grew up in that environment on top of her dysfunctional parents.

With Meghan, it is scare how much she fits into the NPD criteria, one of the ones that feature prominently with her is this: individuals with NPD tend to form friendships and romantic relationships only if the other person is likely to enhance their self-esteem or advance their purposes. In Meghan's case this purpose is attainment of social status/ wealth/ fame. She has other criteria for the diagnosis too, but that one just jumps out.

by Anonymousreply 327April 23, 2019 6:11 PM

Yes, I’m British R324 - and I get what you’re saying. But - it’s the lying too. Surely there’s a difference between extreme self-promotion & “I went to Rwanda for 3 days, now let me tell you about how I divide my time between red carpets and refugee camps”.

She’s essentially inventing or exaggerating things to brag about & I think that’s unsual.

Although you make a good point so thank you for that.

by Anonymousreply 328April 23, 2019 6:12 PM

With regards to Meghan's hands-on ways with Harry, even in public, my interpretation is somewhat different to the 'she's domineering' take on it. That is not to say that I don't think she's domineering, or that this marriage isn't inevitably going to crash and burn (I do, on both counts), just that I think there are other dynamics at play in their relationship as well.

I think Meghan is behaving maternally towards Harry with some of the public handsiness. It makes sense, too. The big strong protector protecting his secretly fragile l'il lady vibe is real between them. But I think it is layered with the one whereby she fusses over and mother-hens him. Some men really love that, and for obvious reasons it would not be surprising if Harry was one of them. Throwing intense sexual chemistry (something I not only believe these two have, but the foundation i think they've built their relationship on - mistakenly, as i see it) into that personal dynamic is probably, for childhood baggage reasons, intensely pleasing for both of them. They're in one of those relationships where the other person is Everything and you are Everything to them. These are the unions that end in absolutely ice cold resentment. I do not think it's 100% inevitable that the marriage will fail but I think it very likely. They're both in love with the way the other person sees them, and not the actual other person.

by Anonymousreply 329April 23, 2019 6:13 PM

R328 - yes, you're right regarding the lying, which I didn't touch on. I don't think that's cultural and it does stand out that Meghan seems so at ease with it. I'm honestly quite genuinely baffled that she appears to have the number of fans that she does. There is not often a public figure who seems so almost instantly and thoroughly as unlikable as she did to me. She's smarmy and fake and everything Brits generally disdain and I do think, if she continues to double, triple and quadruple down on doing things 'her way' that she will eventually find herself deeply unpopular with the more general UK public.

by Anonymousreply 330April 23, 2019 6:19 PM

The thing is, R329 - I cannot see chemisty between them. The body language is always off...especially from him.

I think your analysis is probably spot on - but I cannot imagine the two of them having fun together. Lots of performance sex, yes....but truly intimate fun? I don’t think Markle could let go enough for that.

I could, of course, be completely wrong but I have never seen Harry display positive body language towards her. And hers towards him is the identical over-expressive, twee, in-your-face forced intimacy she inflicts on everyone.

JMO.

by Anonymousreply 331April 23, 2019 6:21 PM

On their social media they're always "their royal highnesses" "the duke and duchess", but when talking about other members of the Royal family it's "granny" or just "Louis".

The narcissism is strong.

by Anonymousreply 332April 23, 2019 6:22 PM

R321, I have no idea how Harry is coping with being married to/ living with a narcissist. But if I have to guess and going by what I see with my patients and their families, it's likely a combination of resignation and constant reevaluation. I say resignation because yes, believe it or not some people are in love with narcissists, they may think their partners are able to change or at least be redirected at the beginning. In later stages of life together, there's resignation that they'll never change so it's a matter of dealing with poor behavior or crisis at each given time when it happens. Reevaluation often comes when the person cannot live under such stress anymore, and is thinking of bolting for good. It's hard because I have adult children of BPD and NPD parents who come for psychotherapy themselves. The disregard for others' feelings and sensitivities extend to their own children too unfortunately. Such is the impact of having parents with personality disorders. People living with/ married to NPD often develop low self-esteems themselves because of their partners' lack of sensitivity eventually take its toll. When you have to stoke your partner's inflated sense of self-importance all the time, it wears on you.

by Anonymousreply 333April 23, 2019 6:26 PM

Thanks for the explanation. Poor kid.

by Anonymousreply 334April 23, 2019 6:34 PM

R333 - "When you have to stoke your partner's inflated sense of self-importance all the time, it wears on you."

I think that is precisely what happened between Charles and Diana. The parallels, for all the seeming differences between the lives of Meghan and Diana, are too striking to contemplate comfortably. A courtship during which the NPD partner cloaks her determination to win the other party to her by exhibiting empathy, adoration, understanding, and devotion; then, once attached, especially publicly so that it is next to impossible for the other party to back out, shifts and begins exhibiting a bottomless demand for reassurance of her value through any and all circumstances, as well as behaviours that isolate the new partner from family and friends, leaving him completely dependent on her for attachment.

In Charles's case, however, the isolation technique didn't work. His friends were too loyal and he had Camilla in the background to run back to as Diana made his life at home increasingly unbearable. But that was the 1980s and the media culture didn't intrude quite so heavily or so instantly. And Charles was the Heir Apparent, so he wielded more power within the family structure.

But Harry is sixth in line and the family is much more likely to be willing to abandon him to his fate. Ultimately, they won't care that much what Harry's daily existence is like, especially as unlike Charles, who shared his despair with the close friends who turned on Diana, Harry appears to be doubling down and pursuing a course that he thinks will allow him to keep Meghan and his privileges and turn his back on his blood family.

It's going to be interesting to watch.

by Anonymousreply 335April 23, 2019 6:48 PM

Still recovering from previous thread post where link stated Bea "desperate" to get married and **pregnant" lol

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 336April 23, 2019 6:54 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!