Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

British Royal Family Gossip: Part 39

Carry on!

by Anonymousreply 600April 22, 2019 12:50 PM

Link to part 38

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1April 19, 2019 2:05 PM

Would “Royal gossip” include Pippa?

by Anonymousreply 2April 19, 2019 2:21 PM

R2 Why not? I think the thread is open to all players in this soap opera, including peripherals. Whatcha got?

by Anonymousreply 3April 19, 2019 2:22 PM

Can we please discuss Eugenie's floral flop from yesterday? How does she always get it so wrong?

by Anonymousreply 4April 19, 2019 2:25 PM

Do we think Eugenie might've looked a tad enceinte? Hard to tell.

As for Bea, I wonder if her new beau (a builder/designer type who favors sleek, modern, minimalist interiors with lots of white and neutrals) will influence her style of dress?

by Anonymousreply 5April 19, 2019 2:31 PM

Can we also talk about Kate's refusal to admit that ponytails are NEVER appropriate in public?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6April 19, 2019 2:37 PM

How to manage your hair in public:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7April 19, 2019 2:39 PM

A low, sleek pony is acceptable.

But not withe a fucking velvet hair bow! I agree with you on that.

by Anonymousreply 8April 19, 2019 3:31 PM

R602 is trying to insinuate that Eugenie and Beatrice attended a shower for Meghan. They didn't. R6, like it or not, many actresses have been wearing ponytails to red carpet events for some time now.

by Anonymousreply 9April 19, 2019 3:55 PM

Do we have two part 39 threads?

by Anonymousreply 10April 19, 2019 3:58 PM

WHAT no second shower for Markle with royals friends and fans gathered round? I cannot believe it. And after the 5,000 hints she left strewn around about it, too.

by Anonymousreply 11April 19, 2019 4:02 PM

I worry that Will will replace Kate with Rose!

by Anonymousreply 12April 19, 2019 4:06 PM

[quote]As for Bea, I wonder if her new beau (a builder/designer type who favors sleek, modern, minimalist interiors with lots of white and neutrals) will influence her style of dress?

A precedent has been set.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13April 19, 2019 4:11 PM

R9 - yes, I made another thread for Part 39. For some inexplicable reason, when I looked for "British Royal Family Gossip", Part 39 didn't show up. My apologies.

by Anonymousreply 14April 19, 2019 4:11 PM

^ I meant R10

by Anonymousreply 15April 19, 2019 4:12 PM

I liked Eugenie's dress yesterday. I've gotten used to the whole Erdem and Erdem-esque thing. I don't think the idea is to show off the figure (obviously) or look stylish. But look bright, appropriate, cheery, expensive, and almost like you don't need to show off (anything but your bank account, I guess). It's kind of a reverse-trendy trend. Sort of a Laura Ashley throwback (remember her)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16April 19, 2019 4:15 PM

R6, you make a lot of things up. Ponytails have been appropriate not just in public, but as a dress up look since the 1960s and possibly even before.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17April 19, 2019 4:18 PM

Julie Christie. Famous for having 100% 1960s blond bouffant hairstyles in the period movie Dr. Zhivago.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18April 19, 2019 4:18 PM

Crown Princess Victoria (Sweden)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19April 19, 2019 4:21 PM

Oh let's do all the Swedish princesses.

I must admit it took a lot of ignorance, R6, making that statement and assuming nobody knew how to google.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20April 19, 2019 4:23 PM

Princess Sofia (also Sweden).

R6, just go back to saying reports of Prince William's cheating has been discussed for AT LEAST a year, even though that's not true. Throw in a county, like it's been the talk of Norfolk! Or the Cotswolds. When it hasn't.

That's how it works. A rumor drops, in this case a typical Sparkle Smear, and in jump trolls: "Oh everybody knows about it - it's been constantly discussed!"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21April 19, 2019 4:25 PM

The only ponytail that looks good here is Princess Victoria, and she's done it with the casual look. What's the point of having beautiful glossy hair if you can't keep it sleek and open or do sexy French-girl hair?

by Anonymousreply 22April 19, 2019 4:28 PM

Why, even (many times, in fact)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23April 19, 2019 4:28 PM

Just to remind r6 that shady as fuck narcissists also wear ponytails.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24April 19, 2019 4:28 PM

You didin't say it looked BAD, R6, you said it was never appropriate. You are wrong. And IMO they all look good, except for Princess Sofia, whose hair looks a bit scrawny for the style.

by Anonymousreply 25April 19, 2019 4:29 PM

Snap r23!

by Anonymousreply 26April 19, 2019 4:29 PM

Kate looks so much more sophisticated here.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27April 19, 2019 4:29 PM

I'm R27 and R6.

by Anonymousreply 28April 19, 2019 4:30 PM

Yes, yes they do, R24.

Here's another. And for fairness, I chose ponytails where Missy's hair was actually groomed. There are many ponytails where her hair ... is not.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29April 19, 2019 4:30 PM

I think there’s a difference between “pulled back” and “ponytail”.

A “pulled back” style can be perfectly appropriate for any event or occasion. As r8 pointed out, a low sleek ponytail is fine. A simple fastening, no escaping tendrils, it has to look “done”.

The higher a ponytail sits on the head, the more girlish and frivolous it appears. For a serious or professional occasion, it’s not appropriate. Especially on a middle-aged woman.

by Anonymousreply 30April 19, 2019 4:51 PM

Do any of the Queen's great-grandchildren resemble her? Click on the link below and swipe for photos and post your opinion.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31April 19, 2019 5:03 PM

Now it's time for the Queen's grandchildren. I think Lady Louise resembles her.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32April 19, 2019 5:04 PM

Lastly, here are comparisons of the Queen and her children. I think Prince Edward resembles her the most.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33April 19, 2019 5:05 PM

Princess Michael of Kent sure knows how to make an entrance.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34April 19, 2019 5:07 PM

Harry and Meghan look-alikes with Baby Sussex.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35April 19, 2019 5:12 PM

First pic of Baby Sussex , found in a charity shop in Petersfield, East Hampshire.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36April 19, 2019 6:18 PM

I bet r24 was born wearing a ponytail...

by Anonymousreply 37April 19, 2019 6:32 PM

an interesting read after the event

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38April 19, 2019 7:11 PM

R12 - I'd relax if I were you. Kate and William aren't getting divorced and - there isn't a shred of proof that the Will-Rose affair was anything but a spiteful piece of gossip helpfully spread by Meghan stans and minions to pay back the BRF for the negative Meghan press that the BRF did little to nothing to stop. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if the Clooneys had a hand in it.

Kate's an old-fashioned sort. She has three children under five with William, and she's not going anywhere but inexorably toward Princess of Wales and then Queen Consort. Sooner rather than later, Charles is going to be a doddering old King presideing over a bridge reign. When William gets in, he'll pay back the Sussexes in full.

by Anonymousreply 39April 19, 2019 7:25 PM

R38 In what way is that an “interesting read”? It’s sychophantic rubbish.

by Anonymousreply 40April 19, 2019 7:53 PM

Agree R40.

by Anonymousreply 41April 19, 2019 9:22 PM

Thanks for saying that R40 and R41. The rest of us won't even bother. Probably a CB acolyte for which we recognize are all lunatic fraus.

by Anonymousreply 42April 19, 2019 9:33 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43April 19, 2019 11:01 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44April 19, 2019 11:08 PM

R44, if you weren't trying to mislead, you should have added more detail to your post. However, it seems your churlishness might be inhibiting your thinking, so we can overlook it.

by Anonymousreply 45April 20, 2019 12:51 AM

R45 Oh, stop it. There was no attempt to “mislead” and you know it. That poster just linked to a DM story about the royals. You sound like a right twat.

by Anonymousreply 46April 20, 2019 1:30 AM

Is there a left twat too? You insist that someone "stop it" and then add fuel by name-calling. That certainly encourages better behavior.

by Anonymousreply 47April 20, 2019 1:47 AM

Has this been shared? Is Sparky planting stories linking her beloved hubs to illegal residue?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 48April 20, 2019 1:58 AM

Is Sohobebe going to share a bday with the Queen?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 49April 20, 2019 2:06 AM

I think we should number the SohoNannies.

by Anonymousreply 50April 20, 2019 2:19 AM

Excellent idea, R50!

by Anonymousreply 51April 20, 2019 2:32 AM

R27, if I had to caption that photo, it would be

Meghan: So, how's your friend Rose?

by Anonymousreply 52April 20, 2019 5:11 AM

My God, Bea and Euge look fucking HUGE in those recent pics. If I knew I was going to be photographed everywhere, I'd make damn sure I was a normal weight. It's not like they're over 40 and a mother of 3 or post-menopause. Greedy-guts!

by Anonymousreply 53April 20, 2019 5:14 AM

R35, fantastic! The look-alikes are pretty good, as well.

by Anonymousreply 54April 20, 2019 5:20 AM

Someone said back on the previous thread : "If MM actually had her 12-week scan before the wedding as she claimed, that puts her around 13 weeks at the wedding. Which puts her a little over 40 weeks now. Is she gestating an elephant?"

MM never claimed she was pregnant at the time of her wedding. Are you crazy?!

by Anonymousreply 55April 20, 2019 5:22 AM

And I'd caption this one,

Kate: So, when are you moving into Frog Holler?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 56April 20, 2019 5:25 AM

Dumbass R55, MM announced her pregnancy at EUGE’S wedding.

It was a huge scandal.

Where have you been?

by Anonymousreply 57April 20, 2019 5:47 AM

Dumbass, MM didn't announce her pregnancy at Eugenie's wedding. H&M had told family members days BEFORE Yuge's wedding because they were leaving on the Commonwealth tour. Yes, MM wore the I Love Lucy Coat but she didn't take away from the wedding; Eugenie looked the best she has ever looked and Jack was sweet.

I believe that H&M are using a surrogate, anyway.

by Anonymousreply 58April 20, 2019 6:54 AM

Yes but she wore a pregnancy coat ! She knew everybody would be talking of it . And by the way she could easily waited till after the tour didn.t she ? But than none had looked at her !

by Anonymousreply 59April 20, 2019 7:07 AM

She just can’t stand it when attention is not on her . Always want to be in the center of it . That’s why I laugh at her shyness now when it comes to the birth . She uses a surrogate and that’s why everything is secret now . And all this different birth methods just a tool to avert the eyes from her using a surrogate .

by Anonymousreply 60April 20, 2019 9:40 AM

Yes! My cheek is smarting!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 61April 20, 2019 10:08 AM

Yeah, I think this one is going to explode. People will think they've been tricked and outsmarted somehow when it becomes universally known that the whore used a surrogate. I'm predicting some major, major backlash.

by Anonymousreply 62April 20, 2019 10:14 AM

I think MM's face could be puffy and fatter than normal because she's taking IVF drugs so they can harvest more eggs. It's possible that the eggs she had frozen a while back were all used to create this baby that the surrogate is carrying.

There is a rumor that I had never heard before that there are 2 surrogates. All of the waffling, non-committal due date, etc. comes from H&M trying to coordinate the deliveries and then say that the babies are twins. That is too bizarre. .

by Anonymousreply 63April 20, 2019 10:30 AM

I don't think anything is too bizarre R63 when it involves the Markle.

by Anonymousreply 64April 20, 2019 10:33 AM

I was watching some old videos , from when she was a lot younger ( maybe a teenage Markle? Can't remember) and her constant way of referring to herself in the third person is bizarre.

by Anonymousreply 65April 20, 2019 10:36 AM

Another far-fetched idea is whether MM has been wearing the Moonbump as a way to try to trick her body into producing breast milk so she could breastfeed the new baby. Is that even physically possible?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 66April 20, 2019 10:39 AM

[quote] Someone said back on the previous thread : "If MM actually had her 12-week scan before the wedding as she claimed, that puts her around 13 weeks at the wedding. Which puts her a little over 40 weeks now. Is she gestating an elephant?"

No one said she had her 12 week scan

[quote] I think MM's face could be puffy and fatter than normal because she's taking IVF drugs so they can harvest more eggs. It's possible that the eggs she had frozen a while back were all used to create this baby that the surrogate is carrying

Stop being a jackass. No her face could not be puffy from IVF drugs. A person doesn't continue to take IVF drugs for 10 months. Some of you people are fucking morons. Her face and her ass are fat because she's pregnant

by Anonymousreply 67April 20, 2019 10:39 AM

I just don't get why it is so awful to use a surrogate. Would people not be understanding if she said, as Emma McQuiston did, that her body wasn't up to carrying a child? Are surrogates some shameful secret?

I recall people said the same of Kate, that Tamara Fogle was carrying Prince George. But it's clear that Kate has borne all her children.

by Anonymousreply 68April 20, 2019 10:41 AM

Jackass R67 ,MM's face has not be fat the whole 10 months.

She had a wide ass and fuller face when she was 20 lbs heavier in her early headshots. I'm blokcing you because it's obvious you keep repeating the lie that ONLY pregnant women have fat faces and fat, wide asses.

by Anonymousreply 69April 20, 2019 10:43 AM

typo: been fat

by Anonymousreply 70April 20, 2019 10:43 AM

It isn't wise to completely disregard the possiblity, R67. You have no way of knowing any more than the rest of us what's actually going on. Best to keep an open mind, especially with this bitch.

by Anonymousreply 71April 20, 2019 10:44 AM

typo: blocking.

by Anonymousreply 72April 20, 2019 10:44 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 73April 20, 2019 10:47 AM

She’s obviously pregnant, and Will’s cheating has been common knowledge for ages. NEXT!

by Anonymousreply 74April 20, 2019 11:14 AM

LOL, R74!

by Anonymousreply 75April 20, 2019 11:16 AM

What a beautiful woman that Marchioness . M can learn from her !

by Anonymousreply 76April 20, 2019 11:55 AM

"You make me feel like dancin ' ...."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 77April 20, 2019 12:10 PM

I think the baby has been born.........or *ahem* delivered.

We'll see some lovely snaps within a week.

by Anonymousreply 78April 20, 2019 12:16 PM

Reeeeeally, R78! When do you think Mother Goose delivered the precious bundle?

by Anonymousreply 79April 20, 2019 12:20 PM

Use of a surrogate would take the baby out of the line of succession. That is why is is a big deal. That and the OTT padding, clutching, etc, from the time Sohobebe was the size of a pumpkin seed, if in MeMe at all at the wedding. Shitty thing to do to Yuge. HAS to be the center of attention even at the wedding of a cousin. And certainly amped up the covverage for the tour.

She is awful.

by Anonymousreply 80April 20, 2019 12:24 PM

Dorito handles Sparkle's dirty work for her.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 81April 20, 2019 1:23 PM

So every time a story critical of the British royal family runs in a tabloid, it's the work of Meghan Markle? You people are pathetic.

by Anonymousreply 82April 20, 2019 1:30 PM

It's funny you calling people pathetic, R82.

by Anonymousreply 83April 20, 2019 1:39 PM

Is R82 a bot?

by Anonymousreply 84April 20, 2019 1:40 PM

Trevor's doing a film? Well, all RIGHT! This I gotta see.

by Anonymousreply 85April 20, 2019 1:48 PM

Yes I am a bot deployed by Meghan's people at Sunshine Sachs. Celebitchy notified me that some very smart ladies on Datalounge were getting close to the truth. I came here as soon as I could.

by Anonymousreply 86April 20, 2019 1:51 PM

Agreed, R82. Some of us have been trying to make this very point but the refugees from Royal Gossip with their batshit conspiracy crap have taken over.

It’s a shame and I really, REALLY wish they’d fuck off.

by Anonymousreply 87April 20, 2019 1:54 PM

Thanks, r87. I am not a fan of the BRF or any royal family in general, but the level of conspiracy stuff is hilarious and astonishing at the same time. There is no way MM and her team are planting stories about William. He’s her meal ticket, and she knows it. Are we sure these posters aren’t refugees from Weekly World News?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 88April 20, 2019 2:01 PM

From Weekly World News: Yowie spotted in London! Thirty threads down, someone will say this is MM’s surrogate, and then it will become “truth.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 89April 20, 2019 2:04 PM

R82 It wasn't clear from your comment which story were you referring to, so it appeared that your comment came out of nowhere.

by Anonymousreply 90April 20, 2019 2:04 PM

Oh my, this looks truly awful, even for Lifetime....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 91April 20, 2019 2:13 PM

r68 The use of a surrogate is not a problem in of itself. However it would take the baby out of the royal line of succession something MM couldn't have. Hence all the secrecy. If you believe the surrogacy conspiracy theory.

by Anonymousreply 92April 20, 2019 2:24 PM

Is this a loony conspiracy theorist thread or what? I’m here to snark on Meghan and Harry as well as BRF, but now the thread has deteriorated into conspiracy theory central. Not a Meghan fan far from it, but she IS pregnant by the looks of it. Far-fetched conspiracy involving batshit crazy speculations that veer into News of the World territory only makes you guys look both idiotic and insane. That’s not a good combination of traits, same thing with Meghan’s narcissism and bitchass fakery.

Is there a conspiracy theory thread you guys can start and leave this thread the fuck alone? Gossip and loony conspiracies are not one and the same nor are they related.

by Anonymousreply 93April 20, 2019 2:34 PM

Fuck right off with your hall monitor bullshit, R93!

Scroll and roll. Or block, like many just did with you.

by Anonymousreply 94April 20, 2019 2:45 PM

Thanks, r93...I’m totally in agreement. I want to snark on the BRF (ALL of them), and I even enjoy the older pics that are posted here, but the conspiracy stuff is beyond nutty. Some pregnant woman is standing outside when pics are taken and all of a sudden she’s the surrogate? That’s nuts! DL is a place for wit and snark, not flat

I often thought if starting a MM conspiracy thread, hoping these people would be drawn to it like flies. But it needs a catchy name: how about some suggestions?

by Anonymousreply 95April 20, 2019 2:46 PM

r93 There were MM threads - Dangling Tendrils which folks seemed quite happy to restrict their MM related chatter to. However other folks were not happy with those threads and they got shut down around the 22nd / 23rd thread mark. A number of attempts to create specific MM threads have resulted in them being shut down for whatever reason.

This is a gossip site, people speculate. Some speculation goes as far as conspiracy theory. If it's a problem for you, why not just block the posters? This site for whatever reason doesn't want a seperate MM thread running at the same time as BRF thread, so you're going to have to deal with it one way or another.

by Anonymousreply 96April 20, 2019 2:48 PM

No r94, fuck off yourself... go ahead and make a new thread where you and your flat earth friends can talk about surrogates to your heart’s content. I promise, I won’t FF your new thread.

by Anonymousreply 97April 20, 2019 2:49 PM

Philip The Grim Reaper has hit a royal milestone - he's now the longest lived descendant of Queen Victoria.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 98April 20, 2019 2:50 PM

R34

by Anonymousreply 99April 20, 2019 2:52 PM

This is a very plausible timeline.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 100April 20, 2019 2:54 PM

Well well well, every day is a learning day.

"According to anecdotal evidence, the full moon’s gravitational pull can impact on the amniotic fluid surrounding the baby.

The impact is similar to the way it affects the sea and rivers, as well as influencing the levels of the hormone melatonin which regulates sleep cycles.

Maternity wards are also allegedly busier during a full moon.

However, there is debate in the medical industry whether the moon actually encourages women to go into labour. "

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 101April 20, 2019 2:55 PM

R100 Dare she? I bet she would.

by Anonymousreply 102April 20, 2019 2:56 PM

Randy Andy before he went to pot.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 103April 20, 2019 2:58 PM

The Queen as a child.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 104April 20, 2019 2:59 PM

Diana Fan Art.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 105April 20, 2019 3:03 PM

R100 it wouldn’t surprise me if she did announce her spawn’s arrival on Louis’ birthday. It would be totally consistent with her character. She’s an asshole.

by Anonymousreply 106April 20, 2019 3:39 PM

A lot of people would rather it was you who fucked off, R94.

by Anonymousreply 107April 20, 2019 3:46 PM

Advice to all of the tedious name callers here. Please follow it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 108April 20, 2019 4:00 PM

It’s not people wanting to discuss or gossip about MM though. It’s two or three mentally unwell obsessives who despise her to a frightening degree, and spend a terrifying amount of time trying to spread lies and vitriol about her. You see them everywhere online, posting fake BIs to Enty, creating dozens of fake twitter accounts, starting hundreds of threads on other forums, emailing journalists, everywhere. It literally is Cumberbatch 2.0 and it’s probably some of the same people doing it.

DL has never taken kindly to tinhats or obsessive of anyone, especially when most tinhats are women (and often quite homophobic, see the comments talking about rimming as though it’s such a vile act it can barely be alluded to) who do not otherwise engage with DL at all. If you come here, start a dozen threads on the same subject, and never post on any other thread, you can’t expect DLers to make you welcome

by Anonymousreply 109April 20, 2019 4:19 PM

Is Charlotte's bday coming up? Can MeMe wait til then, seeing as how her frog will be more impactful anyway? It would make a purpose driven statement of her embryonic feminism, and everything.

by Anonymousreply 110April 20, 2019 4:21 PM

R110, she better not pick December 25!

by Anonymousreply 111April 20, 2019 4:27 PM

I hope that the birth is safe and uneventful - I was just reading what Mercedes from Shahs of Sunset went through, possible uterine bleed and a stay in the ICU. She and the baby are ok now. The Shahs lady is obese and in her late 40's so that was a high risk pregnancy.

by Anonymousreply 112April 20, 2019 4:47 PM

Team Meghan.

by Anonymousreply 113April 20, 2019 5:03 PM

The BRF members are all assholes.

by Anonymousreply 114April 20, 2019 5:04 PM

R113, how many more times will you tell us that you're in love with that shameless and obnoxious grifter?

by Anonymousreply 115April 20, 2019 5:26 PM

Colombia created some currency with pictuers of the Queen on it last year.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 116April 20, 2019 5:35 PM

Team Anne.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 117April 20, 2019 5:48 PM

She's probably not due until early May, and it's her PR pushing stories that the baby is "due any minute" and may be coming this weekend (!). The "late April" is a red herring to build anticipation for the big Instagram debut.

by Anonymousreply 118April 20, 2019 5:49 PM

Anticipation by who exactly? Her army of ineffective publicists?

by Anonymousreply 119April 20, 2019 6:01 PM

The Sussex Instagram followers of course. Who are hopefully increasing at a rate that will soon eclipse the number of KP Instagram followers. Who tells people that their due date is late one month or early the next? The doctor calculates an actual date. Why the fudge factor?

by Anonymousreply 120April 20, 2019 6:05 PM

I meant to add at R120 that this seems like her modus operandi, but maybe she's not trying to use her baby to increase her profile and I should be ashamed of myself for entertaining the thought.

by Anonymousreply 121April 20, 2019 6:09 PM

Re r67 “no one said she had her 12-week scan.”

Wrong. Markle announced that tidbit in People on Oct 15. This means the information re: scan was related to the magazine well before the 15th.

Which means— according to Markle’s own claimed timeline— she was more than 12 weeks on Oct 12, the day of the wedding.

This also makes sense as we would assume she waited until 12 week scan to announce to family, as most normal people would.

She supposedly announced to family “a few days before the wedding.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 122April 20, 2019 6:35 PM

Of course it could be as simple as this: the tacky bitch announced her pregnancy way early to maximize attention at Euge’s wedding and on tour.

Announcing prior to 12 weeks is a big no-no, especially for higher risk pregnancies. She would have faced a lot of disapproval (and accusations of attention whoring) if she announced, “Hey, guys! I’m six weeks pregnant!”

by Anonymousreply 123April 20, 2019 6:41 PM

While I do think lunacy has taken over, I have to admit that I would chuckle if Eugenie announced she was expecting twins on the date Meghan delivers or announces or whatever she intends to do.

by Anonymousreply 124April 20, 2019 6:41 PM

If her timeline is as she claims, then the baby has already been born or is literally due any minute.

by Anonymousreply 125April 20, 2019 6:43 PM

Many first babies are 1 or 2 weeks late, so 42 weeks gestation is not uncommon.

by Anonymousreply 126April 20, 2019 6:50 PM

Whether it’s Markle or a surrogate who’s pregnant, either way there would be a known due date, correct?

So why all the hemming and hawing about the due date?

Most suspicious pregnancy since TomKat.

by Anonymousreply 127April 20, 2019 7:07 PM

MEghan is a cunt with shit for style married to a gumby with shit for brains.

by Anonymousreply 128April 20, 2019 7:12 PM

Don’t be ridiculous, no one knows her due date and they’d be crazy to release that info to the media.

The only ones who think it’s “suspicious” are the tinhats.

Remember royal stans were also convinced Kate faked all three of her pregnancies.

by Anonymousreply 129April 20, 2019 7:32 PM

Jesus, I'm gone for one day and the thread is once again taken overy by the surrogate lunatics.

I can't stand MeAgain but the surrogate bullshit is just that, bullshit. Why the fuck would Harry agree to something like that, and no matter how many times you are told that in the UK the woman giving birth is considered the legal parent until she signs a waiver, which has to be duly legally recorded, you just don't seem to grasp what that means.

She was only 37. Women that age get pregnant for the first time every day of the week. Fraud of that magnitude perpetrated on the taxpayers who funded the renovation of her home would finish the Sussexes off for good. It isn't something they could possibly hide.

And last, but not least, the hugely competitive MeAgain wouldn't want to be shown up the fecund Kate and her three natural deliveries, and look like less of a woman than Kate.

She's hiding out first and foremost because she wants to control the imagery herself; second, she may have scheduled an elective C-section so she could give birth on the Queen's birthday - something I absolutely wouldn't put past her, or she may already know that she's going to need a c-section; third, given Kate's stellar appearances on the steps of the Lindo Wing 8 hours after giving birht, she didn't want unfavourable comparisons made, something she somewhat rightfully fears given the taboids' glee at tossing shade at her by printing side by side photos.

But a surrogate is just lunacy, that's all it is.

by Anonymousreply 130April 20, 2019 7:34 PM

R128 - On that we are absolutely agreed.

by Anonymousreply 131April 20, 2019 7:35 PM

just a up date

beutifull wive is in yogastudio on the sprung flor standing on top her head with her leg twisted tight. she said she will stay this way untill 1 minet passed 12 to night? i dont know why? she been like this for forty 8 hours now?

she didt tell me to say this. this is %100 my own thots...

beutifull wive is wating bcuz somthing somthing something.....having babby tomorow is the bestday? babby is a 1# inflencial babby born on the world and if babby come tomorrow it can be humantarain act to make some old queen revelant again or something? yes. that is what i belive. Its filanthopy and humantarain for old queens and thats a good thing thats why i marryed her.

wiat isnt grannys' birth day tomorow too?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 132April 20, 2019 7:39 PM

^^^^^i forget to sign my name becas shes screaming at me agin. fuck!!!!

by Anonymousreply 133April 20, 2019 7:40 PM

I know a number of women enjoy pregnancy, but is there really a competition to be "more of a woman" by having natural childbirth? Are women who have epidurals or C-sections "less of a woman" and women who use surrogates the "least womanly of them all?" And the peasant who gives birth squatting in a field, no painkillers or medical assistance, and goes right back to work immediately after wins the crown?

by Anonymousreply 134April 20, 2019 7:54 PM

Many women make a competition out of everything to do with childbirth and motherhood.

by Anonymousreply 135April 20, 2019 7:57 PM

Ha ha, well, that wouldn't work on me! I'd as soon have a root canal without anaesthesia. A surrogate - where do I sign up?

by Anonymousreply 136April 20, 2019 8:01 PM

^^^^ R134

by Anonymousreply 137April 20, 2019 8:04 PM

Amen R130.

Being “too posh to push” is definitely a thing in the UK. I would not be even slightly surprised if she went for an elective c-section.

Can anyone really imagine Markle being willing to huff and puff for hours then push a rugby ball out of her snatch - possibly having an accidental shit at the same time? Childbirth is not pretty. Most women don’t care, but Markle is vain beyond all reason, remember?

A c-section is a major operation & there’s no way she’d be able to stroll out the following day...which would explain the whole “you’ll know when we deign to tell you”.

by Anonymousreply 138April 20, 2019 8:05 PM

R180

Agree with every word you said.

In the area of the US that I live in, doctors insist of inducing labor within one week past delivery. So she could somewhat control the date with a natural labor. Brits, is that the case in England?

by Anonymousreply 139April 20, 2019 8:07 PM

Of course they can hide things. Look at Randy Andy. Press are zipped shut, but the internet knows all. Just like MeghAntoinette.

by Anonymousreply 140April 20, 2019 8:08 PM

And Cliff, I'm looking at you, too, Kitty.

by Anonymousreply 141April 20, 2019 8:09 PM

R139 I think it’s more or less the same. They prefer not to induce if possible, so will hang on for a natural birth if things like blood press and so on are OK. Two weeks is the max they’ll wait I believe.

(But I don’t know for certain).

by Anonymousreply 142April 20, 2019 8:13 PM

>>>>Can anyone really imagine Markle being willing to huff and puff for hours then push a rugby ball out of her snatch - possibly having an accidental shit at the same time?

Funniest line ever written in the history of DL.

by Anonymousreply 143April 20, 2019 8:13 PM

R134 - I'm afraid R135 is correct. No one will admit it in public, but it's there.

As far as "hiding things" goes, Andy's perfidies weren't hidden, they did come out, he just hasn't paid any price for them except to lose his "Ambassador for British Business" post and to have lower his profile for awhile.

Hiding a legal record of a waiver of parental rights to a child in line, however far back, for the succession and a future king's grandson and nephew is another matter. And absolutely no one will answer the question, why bother when you're perfectly capable of having it yourself?

No one, absolutely no one, has come up with a good reason why Meghan wouldn't want to have the bloody kid herself. If she was healthy and not infertile, which there is every reason to suppose she is not, why bother with what would take enormous effort, strategising, co-opting of friends and family - it's ludicrous. It's easier to have it yourself, however irksome.

I'm still of the opinion that she's scheduled an elective c-section, after which most women don't look good, can't get up and smile at photogs 8 hours later, allows her to make her grand gesture of giving HM some huge birthday present and pretending it was Meant To Be.

She's a self-serving twat, but it's far more in her interests to have the kid than have someone else have it. She and Harry don't need another few people knowing another huge secret about them that they can live the rest of their lives in fear of being revealed.

It's nonesense. Having it herself is far less bother and far less dangerous in the long term. Besides, MeAgain probably wants to be able to boast that she's now a real woman, too.

Sorry, the surrogate stuff makes no sense on any front.

by Anonymousreply 144April 20, 2019 8:18 PM

[quote]Most suspicious pregnancy since TomKat.

Those were the days! Second photo from the right looks like she just shoved a balloon up there.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 145April 20, 2019 8:21 PM

I kissed a soldier, and I liked it....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 146April 20, 2019 8:21 PM

I do think a C-section makes the most sense. I have no doubt the “birthday” will be HM’s birthday, Louis’s birthday, or Charlotte’s birthday.

by Anonymousreply 147April 20, 2019 8:36 PM

I don't think she's using a surrogate. Here's why: every time she does something different, she wears that as a badge of honor (or "wokeness"). If she were using a surrogate, I think she would talk frequently about it, about all the reproductive options available to women because of science, and she'd raise awareness for whatever condition prevented her from carrying the child herself, making her a champion for women in the same situation. Getting knocked up and having a baby is one of the most "traditional" things she's done since her wedding.

by Anonymousreply 148April 20, 2019 8:39 PM

[quote] She had a wide ass and fuller face when she was 20 lbs heavier in her early headshots. I'm blokcing you because it's obvious you keep repeating the lie that ONLY pregnant women have fat faces and fat, wide asses

you're blocking me because I said something you don't like. Are you sitting their holding your breathe until I'm blocked or you pass out? You little snowflake cunt

You don't like facts or the truth (are you a fucking trump supporter?you a lot in common with them). Her face and ass were not that fat when she got married. And her ass does not look like women who have just gained weight. She has a fat pregnancy ass. I'm sure your a man (because you are so stupid when it comes to things like pregnancy), and a gay man at that. I am a woman. I know more about pregnancy than you could ever learn in 3 lifetimes. Part of that is because I'm in the medical field (although you think you know better than I do. I'm sure you have your M.D from Google University. Mine are from Cornell & Rockefeller), the other part is because I'm a woman and I've been pregnant

by Anonymousreply 149April 20, 2019 8:52 PM

R130, I was looking through this thread, and the last, for some sanity with the whole surrogacy issue, which I know has been discussed.. I thought we had discussed the points you made previously, before, and thought you had settled them.. So, Bravo! And I say that in sincerity.

by Anonymousreply 150April 20, 2019 8:56 PM

"I'm sure your a man (because you are so stupid when it comes to things like pregnancy), and a gay man at that."

R149 Do you know where you are, love?

by Anonymousreply 151April 20, 2019 9:02 PM

Harry needs some of this.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 152April 20, 2019 9:03 PM

[quote] In the area of the US that I live in, doctors insist of inducing labor within one week past delivery.

It didn't used to be that way when they considered a pregnancy as a 9 month term (36 to 38 weeks). Now they measure it as a 10 month term (40 weeks)

by Anonymousreply 153April 20, 2019 9:03 PM

^It doesn't seem to like me.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 154April 20, 2019 9:05 PM

[quote] Do you know where you are, love?

Yes I do. I generally think gay men are smarter in so many ways than straight men. But, there are exceptions. And being gay would make me think you know less about women than other women do. But I'm sure you think you are more of an expert on women and their bodies than I do, despite the fact that I'm an actual woman and I've been pregnant

by Anonymousreply 155April 20, 2019 9:06 PM

Not only that, R98 - he's also become the third oldest British royal ever, and the oldest male.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 156April 20, 2019 9:06 PM

Now it's not funny anymore.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 157April 20, 2019 9:07 PM

R122 - I thought she had announced to family at the wedding? I remember the scan being before so past 12 weeks but hearing that she told family at the wedding really soured things for me. I don’t feel too bad for the mistake though because I still think she clearly wore the coat in order to get the world speculating too... which is bad enough. And she made the announcement the monday after so still stole Eugenie’s thunder.. just was curious if one of the mean girl things I was hating on her for wasn’t as accurate as I thought haha

by Anonymousreply 158April 20, 2019 9:07 PM

R155

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 159April 20, 2019 9:21 PM

R132 - your posts in Harry's voice are legit fucking hilarious. I have belly laughed at every single one of them. Please keep posting. In fact I think you should write a whole Diaree of a Prints and put it up on Amazon as an ebook and I WILL BUY THAT SHIT.

R130 - yup. and yup to all those who see this ridiculous cow for who she actually is as well as seeing the surrogacy stories for the ridiculous bullshit they also are.

As for the wedding, I also remember it being reported that it was at the wedding itself that she was telling family. Not that it matters too much, imo, because the main thing she did at that wedding was consciously choose to wear a maternity-looking outfit over a 100% nonexistent bump and get everyone speculating on Yuge's day. I watched that wedding with friends (yes, sad fat fraus, yes, yes...) and as soon as she got out of the SUV someone yelled PREGNANT! There's just no universe in which that outfit choice was innocent or an accident. There's also no universe in which it's OK to pull that shit at someone else's wedding. She's a garbage human.

by Anonymousreply 160April 20, 2019 9:30 PM

R134 the woman that carries a fetus exerts enormous genetic effects on the fetus - it's called "epigenetics". The woman carrying the child turns on and off multiple genes that affect the physical development of the child, based on her own genetic profile.

We now know the surrogate exerts considerable genetic effects on the fetus even if she is not the genetic parent.

Those who have the money chose the surrogate with utmost care due to epigenetics. Even if you are using your own egg, you would want a surrogate who is physically healthy, slim, tall, high IQ, no family history of any physical or mental conditions, etc.

Wealthy whites no longer choose impoverished, short stature, non white, low IQ surrogates in third world countries like India and Thailand. They also do not choose low IQ, short, unattractive, overweight white women in the US.

If you are tall, attractive, athletic, slim, woman with a high IQ and no family history of physical or mental conditions, you can earn in the six figures for carrying an unrelated child to term.

They pay for very healthy, athletic, high IQ young women from America/Europe due to the importance of epigenetics.

by Anonymousreply 161April 20, 2019 9:34 PM

Doctors in the US won’t allow a woman to go past 42 weeks. They’ll induce, because the amniotic fluid gets low and it’s dangerous.

And yeah, r160, that maternity coat stunt was transparent and MEAN.

by Anonymousreply 162April 20, 2019 9:37 PM

r149 is everything wrong with these threads.

by Anonymousreply 163April 20, 2019 9:40 PM

No one in the US or UK cares about Pedophile Prince Andrew's obese, work-shy, poorly dressed offspring and their future offspring.

One of Pedophile Andy's offspring married a bartender. The other is marrying a piece of Eurotrash/grifter with a very young child.

The York offspring lack intelligence, style, attractiveness - in fact, they lack any qualities that would lead the populace to be interested in them.

They are royalish flotsam and when Charles becomes King, they will be cut off completely from any official royal activities.

by Anonymousreply 164April 20, 2019 9:43 PM

Well, nobody in the entire world cares about R164 either, so ...

by Anonymousreply 165April 20, 2019 9:54 PM

That was the plan, R164, til MM showed up and derailed Harry, who was going to be Charles' 2iC after William. So now a Plan B has to be found, and the fat, frumpy Yorkies may be seconded for royal duties.

by Anonymousreply 166April 20, 2019 10:05 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 167April 20, 2019 10:07 PM

The article at R167 also states that only 12% of Sussex Instagram followers are from the UK.

by Anonymousreply 168April 20, 2019 10:12 PM

R165 Is that you Edoardo Mozzi?

Sorry, fellow, but you are never getting aboard the BRF gravy train!

by Anonymousreply 169April 20, 2019 10:15 PM

Same lower case drops as on the Sussex Royal account , lol

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 170April 20, 2019 10:18 PM

R169 - Dickie Arbiter, once part of the inner royal circle, said the same thing about Meghan Markle when the news came out Harry was dating her: that she was just one of Harry's flings and he would never marry her.

As a friend of mine who has lived in Manhattan for his entire life once said, "Never say you'd "never" date this or that kind of guy, because ten minutes later you'll meet him on the checkout line at Fairway and end up with egg on your face."

by Anonymousreply 171April 20, 2019 10:29 PM

Is Harry that dim? But love the satire posts

by Anonymousreply 172April 20, 2019 10:35 PM

R167 - Deah, deah how terribly unflattering! I'm sure that's not what the former Miss Markle wanted her name to come to represent.

I'm sure she was expecting something more along the lines of, "To be aspirational" "To break molds" "To trend set" "Fashion icon"

"Best head giver on two continents . . ."

Ooops, oh not that last, perhaps . . .

by Anonymousreply 173April 20, 2019 10:36 PM

I am not at all surprised that so few of their followers are from the UK. They are really not that popular here....and they are becoming less and less liked by the minute.

by Anonymousreply 174April 20, 2019 10:38 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 175April 20, 2019 10:40 PM

Another reason for Meghan to control the birth narrative by keeping it under wraps and refusing to pose outside the hospital according to modern tradition is that the crowds may not be as large and enthusiastic as the were for the Cambridge appearances. That would be the most direct metric of Sussex vs. Cambridge popularity in the UK . And worse, what if they get booed? If some some well-heeled audience members at the Royal Albert Hall were audacious enough to boo, it's certainly possible that members of the unwashed masses might also be tempted. It's all about image and brand management for her, and this scenario would not be a good look. It would also poke some very large holes in her inflated self-image. Too risky.

by Anonymousreply 176April 20, 2019 11:01 PM

R176, like Trump’s crowds on the mall? And her baby shower in Manhattan? My SIL is on the next block up from The Mark and she didn’t even notice anything special going on. I asked specifically.

by Anonymousreply 177April 20, 2019 11:16 PM

Frogmore to Africa?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 178April 20, 2019 11:26 PM

Doria has arrived!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 179April 20, 2019 11:27 PM

R178, wow. All I can think is, I KNEW they’d never stay at Frog Hollow. She has no intention of ever living there.

by Anonymousreply 180April 20, 2019 11:31 PM

r175 - Harry should just power through w/Apple TV. If the offer for Meghan to voice a cartoon is true, she should do that, too. The couple is obviously on their way out -- they must take advantage of all the money making opportunities that come their way. Same goes for profile-raising activities. This is not going to last.

r176 - There are a million valid reasons for Meghan to control the birthing narrative. Including your good points about the size & reaction of the crowd to the possibility the baby may not look initially attractive.

by Anonymousreply 181April 20, 2019 11:42 PM

R178 is big. It's The Times.

But the real prize is the story that truly breaks the basis for the feud. Who is it really between and why?

by Anonymousreply 182April 20, 2019 11:43 PM

The Mail reacts to The Times' story.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 183April 20, 2019 11:45 PM

I agree...wow.

If they go to Africa, that is essentially banishment. Markle will hate it there. She likes travelling when it involves luxury. Lots of African countries offer luxury but Botswana (my favourite country EVER...it’s wonderful) and Lesotho have limited infrastructure. The lifestyle, even for a royal, will be nothing whatsoever like she’s accustomed to.

I think they want out.

by Anonymousreply 184April 20, 2019 11:45 PM

R183 - I agree. Although the story does mention "easing the tensions" of the alleged Cambridge-Sussex feud, reading between the lines it says to me that the BRF wants the Sussexes out of the way so the Cambridges can continue to entrench themselves without constant distraction from the Meghan PR machine, which has clearly shown it will not stay in its lane.

It's another startling parallel with the Edward-Wallis story as they were sent off to the Bahamas during WWII. Get the troublemakers out of the way.

And I agree, although it will suit Meghan's "brand" wishes, it's not something she's going to like long-term.

I am guessing that the Cambridges won this battle, if this is true.

by Anonymousreply 185April 20, 2019 11:52 PM

Wow. That Times story must really be something To actually name the tension a feud is quite a step to take, isn't it? Frogmired, then exiled.

by Anonymousreply 186April 20, 2019 11:53 PM

Or maybe it's a plot to speed up the demise of the marriage.

It does seem really wow... banishment or some thing. I think they almost have to, sooner rather than later, allow the reasons for the feud to emerge (which will be confirmed by the fact no one official will challenge them.) Because the banishment will reflect badly, potentially, and not always fairly, on everybody associated... Charles, William, Kate, the two problem children.... if this happens, wow.

Not since the Duke and Duchess of Windsor.

by Anonymousreply 187April 20, 2019 11:53 PM

Ayayay. No one is going to Africa. I repeat. NO ONE is going to Africa.

by Anonymousreply 188April 20, 2019 11:53 PM

The idea of Governor General isn't on. The Commonwealth countries would regard a Royal as Governor-General as an affront... a throwback to the imperial days. Plus Harry's too stupid. There is the very low risk the Governor General is actually called on to exercise some Constitutional powers. It is low risk, but if it happened, high stakes. Dim could never manage that.

by Anonymousreply 189April 20, 2019 11:56 PM

Well, if it is true, in less than a year of marriage, MM has managed to get Harry excommunicated from his family and friends.

by Anonymousreply 190April 20, 2019 11:57 PM

Agree, R189.

Years ago, it was suggested that Charles become GG of Australia. Australians were outraged as they felt (quite rightly) that they’d rather have one of their own. Can’t imagine Canada would feel differently.

Very surprised if this was genuinely suggested.

by Anonymousreply 191April 20, 2019 11:59 PM

The Palace will have to deny this, or not. The implications are pretty big. Things so churned up in the ranks it has come to this.

by Anonymousreply 192April 21, 2019 12:04 AM

Well, doesn’t Harry LOVE Africa? He feels a special bond to the continent?

And wouldn’t it be the perfect place for Megain’s child to have “global impact”? And she can practice endless humanitarian good deeds for oppressed women!

by Anonymousreply 193April 21, 2019 12:05 AM

No royals will be named Governor General of anything. It would be seen as colonialism, despite Meghan's mixed ancestry. They just don't do that anymore.

It will, of course, if it's announced, be phrased as it has in the TIMES piece as a "major" international job, but in fact no one in Britain gives f.a. about what goes on in Botswana, and it will pretty much identify the Sussexes as caring more about Outside Britain than Inside Britain, and if that's the case, why should the British taxpayer support their lifestyle here?

I'm also guessing that behind the scenes, William confronted his father and/or went directly to the Queen about the negative impact the Sussexes were having with their incessant PR war, their tarnishing the brand with celebrity, and the impossibility of Meghan using her position for anything but her own agenda.

Faced with the next heir threatening rebellion, Charles and the Queen probably realised that the only path forward was to get the Sussexes out of Dodge.

I'm sure the CB crowd will spin this as the "Look who the real humanitarians are!" and set aside that this leaves the home field clear for the Cambridges and that the Sussexes will live in luxury in Africa just as they do here, and that people don't care what they're doing in Africa.

I also suspect that this gives Harry something he's always wanted - to retain his royal status but get out of the home game.

by Anonymousreply 194April 21, 2019 12:09 AM

It's so wonderful. They can't wiggle out of it. Ah, the heat, the insects, the spotty wifi. Oh, this is going to be fun!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 195April 21, 2019 12:11 AM

This is something of a master stroke from whoever devised the idea. From the "put your money where your mouth is" and "don't just talk the talk, walk the walk" perspective, it's rather delicious. There are dozens upon dozens of opportunities for more nitty gritty do-gooderism, not just banana sloganeering and hob-nobbing with celebrities at fundraisers. I can already imagine horrified Meghan's protestations about sanitation, cleanliness, diseases, health care available to baby in case of an emergency, etc., etc.

by Anonymousreply 196April 21, 2019 12:12 AM

You are my spouse...

Good bye, Soho House!

Lesotho, we are theeeeeeere.....

by Anonymousreply 197April 21, 2019 12:16 AM

If they leave Toad Hall after a year, the public will be outraged. £3m for a few months of residence?

by Anonymousreply 198April 21, 2019 12:17 AM

Before it goes behind the pay wall. He doesn't sound like a usual courtier.

[quote]The plan has been drawn up by Sir David Manning, the former British ambassador to the US and special adviser on constitutional and international affairs to the two princes.

by Anonymousreply 199April 21, 2019 12:21 AM

Lon-don is where I'd rather stay....

it wasn't planned to end this way...

When I talked about commonwealth

What I meant was money that's for myself...

by Anonymousreply 200April 21, 2019 12:23 AM

R195, R197, R200 win the Internet today.

by Anonymousreply 201April 21, 2019 12:26 AM

Maybe they can found the next Soho House?

by Anonymousreply 202April 21, 2019 12:30 AM

For Meghan Markle, this comes under the heading, "Be careful what you wish for."

by Anonymousreply 203April 21, 2019 12:33 AM

Lesortho is the place to be...

Us saving all humanity...

Days helping in the blazing sun...

that's a black mamba there, honey, you better run.

by Anonymousreply 204April 21, 2019 12:36 AM

If she read this in the Times I'd say it's a safe bet her water just broke like Niagara fucking Falls.

by Anonymousreply 205April 21, 2019 12:39 AM

R199 - The SUN has it in full. The spin is so glaring you need eye shades to get through it.

by Anonymousreply 206April 21, 2019 12:39 AM

Do you mean these two gems?

[quote]“How do you harness this phenomenon that has emerged? You make it productive.”

[quote]The proposed role has been named the couple’s ‘Malta moment’, a nod to the Queen and Duke of Edinburgh’s time on the island from 1949 to 1951.

by Anonymousreply 207April 21, 2019 12:43 AM

What will happen to her PR machine?

by Anonymousreply 208April 21, 2019 12:45 AM

[quote] And yeah, [R160], that maternity coat stunt was transparent and MEAN.

And straight out of DL's well loved I Love Lucy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 209April 21, 2019 12:49 AM

It does not sound optional.

Markle is a threat to the monarchy, esp, with, as The Sun notes, William stepping up preparations to become the monarch. It seems clear where the Rose story originated, no?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 210April 21, 2019 12:50 AM

R207 - Exactly - talk about damning with faint praise!!!!!

R208 - I was wondering the same thing - are they taking Sara Latham with them?

And if this is true, what's the use of the PR team over the next year? And who the fuck wants to take an infant to Africa to live in one of the poorest areas of the world. She didn't spend all this time and effort dating white men and climbing the social ladders of white society (all right, she let Serena Williams in) to end up taking the baby to Africa for the first couple of years of its life, instead of going to high society events in London, wearing fabulous clothes and jewels, and being chauffeured around . . .

And what about her newly granted four patronages?

by Anonymousreply 211April 21, 2019 12:52 AM

R208, probably something like this....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 212April 21, 2019 12:54 AM

R207 - LOL, the reference to the Queen and Prince Philip is nothing short of ludicrous. The Queen was still Princess Elizabeth at the time, and Philip was a serving officer in the Royal Navy and that's why they were there. And or Pss. Elizabeth, it was a much needed and the last private family time she would ever have. It was the closest to being an ordinary upper-middle class wife and mother she would ever experience. She wasn't there to establish a "brand". Quite the contrary.

And lastly, Elizabeth and Philip weren't being sent there to get them out of the way, and Malta wasn't Botswana. It was still very British at the time (in fact, still is), and Elizabeth and Philip were hardly slogging through the brush to prove their humanitarian creds.

by Anonymousreply 213April 21, 2019 12:57 AM

Whoever came up with the plan to send the Sussexes to Africa should get some kind of award. It’s a genius move.

by Anonymousreply 214April 21, 2019 12:58 AM

R214 - It certainly is. I've been wondering all this time what the fuck the BRF could do to possibly contain the L.A. grifter, and stating myself here that they were basically helpless once she got herself up the duff. I wonder if they traced nasty stories about the Cambridges back to her.

I say - do you think the BRF found out that the sex tape really does exist and got their hands on it, and told the Sussexes either they accepted the "major international job" and stopped the PR bullshit or the BRF would let it rip?!

by Anonymousreply 215April 21, 2019 1:06 AM

I had bought into the theory that it would all be a bit hands off while she was knocked up. Guess she forced their hand.

The Rose story was the straw. Or maybe it was the salad tossing?

by Anonymousreply 216April 21, 2019 1:09 AM

Oh please god let this be true, it would be the sidiest side-eye to a BRF couple in recent times. Meghan/ Harry made a stink about Frogmore not being up to par with their perceived importance. They got an answer back of "since you two are such great humanitarians and all, why not Africa?" Now Meghan's backed up into a corner. No fucking way did she weasel her way into the BRF only to be sidelined in a 3rd world country where there's a paucity of paps at the ready to photograph her on shopping trips to new age wellness shops or over-dressed in designer outfits while visiting charities. How is she going to merch expensive/ useless wares and outfits while in Africa?

Your move Meghan/ Harry, put action to your words and no cheating a la glamping while living there. Do as real humanitarians do, live amongst real folks.

by Anonymousreply 217April 21, 2019 1:13 AM

R216 - I thought the same, and I suspect your guess is correct: the Rose Chomondeley story was the last straw. I'd be surprised if William and Kate even showed up at the christening in July (or thereabouts) - as soon as the date is set, Kensington Palace will announce that William and Kate will, unfortunately, be out of the country on a state visit to Canada that week.

by Anonymousreply 218April 21, 2019 1:16 AM

MM ain't going to no Africa! She'll come up with an excuse --- she has allergies; post-partum depression, the Soho bebe has health problems that require London doctors; she has chronic fatigue -- anything at all to avoid Africa. But it won't work. It won't work at all because she is up against a nation state. She's accustomed to using men to get her way. Loved up her father and got him to pay the bills; loved up first husband and got him to get her on Suits; probably used other men to get places but she has never dealt with a nation state. They will nail her one way or the other. They will reach out to other foreign intelligence services to take her down, if necessary. And, there are a million ways to skin this MM cat; she won't even know how it happened.

by Anonymousreply 219April 21, 2019 1:26 AM

The timing is genius. Her PR response in the US will be slowed by Passover/Easter and whoever the kid comes out of, MM will have her hands full with it and with her planned PR surrounding it. This was all so clever.

If she was the source of the Rose story, I do not see how William or Catherine could forgive Harry. She has turned him into someone shunned by family and friends, just like her.

This story is a beautiful thing. Although William barking Not Allowed is still good for a chuckle.

What a world.

by Anonymousreply 220April 21, 2019 1:31 AM

The term "bespoke" (for you Yanks) means tailor-made for the buyer, a one-off. It's usually a term denoting special status (as in bespoke suits, bespoke gowns, bespoke shirts, etc.). In this case, it's meant to make the appointment sound special, but I suspect it's also a sly reference to "we had to come up with something to get this impossible pair out of the UK and out of the BRF's hair, and we came up with this "especially" for them".

The whole thing if true reeks of shade that the fraus on CB will undoubtedly dismiss, insisting on turning it around into some huge compliment to Meghan and the BRF's faith in and admiration for her.

by Anonymousreply 221April 21, 2019 1:37 AM

The only way these threads could be more crazy frau is if Prince Harry married a hobbit.

by Anonymousreply 222April 21, 2019 1:40 AM

R222 - Prince Harry is a hobbit.

by Anonymousreply 223April 21, 2019 1:43 AM

The Frogmore thread reports that the New York POST on Page Six has the story with the headline, "Royals reportedly want Harry and Meghan ‘as far away as possible".

If the American papers are interpreting it this way, it's going to be hard for the British press to spin this as some marvellous new post for the Sussexes.

You'd have to be blind to miss the implications of the announcement.

by Anonymousreply 224April 21, 2019 1:47 AM

Lots of detail from The NY Post

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 225April 21, 2019 1:48 AM

According to the NY Post article, the BRF is sending the terrible twosome away to try to “contain their popularity.”

HILARIOUS!

by Anonymousreply 226April 21, 2019 1:56 AM

Contain their PR smear jobs on the BRF is more like it.

by Anonymousreply 227April 21, 2019 1:57 AM

R225 - The American media gets a few things wrong: they keep talking about trying to contain Meghan's and Harry's "popularity" whilst forgetting to check recent polls, which put Meghan well behind her husband, the Queen, William, and Kate in the UK. And, they float the Governor General shit about Australia and Canada, which would never ever have been floated by the BRF. Canadian law doesn't recognise titles, by the way. So their "source" is crap and knows nothing about the relationships amongst Britain, its monarchy, and the Realm Commonwealth countries.

That said, the POST article does make a nice point about this being "peak Harry" and likely to fade with a few years, and quite baldly asserts that the Sussexes viewed their boot out of London to Frogmore Cottage as "as much an exile as an escape".

What a come-down if the BRF deny the story, leaving egg all over the TIMES' face!

by Anonymousreply 228April 21, 2019 1:58 AM

I posted this on the other thread, but meant to post it here:

Does anyone wonder if this is the inside "betrayal" that torontopaper has been gleefully asserting is coming at Meghan just about the time the baby arrives?

by Anonymousreply 229April 21, 2019 2:01 AM

So maybe BRF specifically William and Charles did get confirmation that Meghan was the one spreading/ slinging shit about him and Kate. Because why spend money renovating FC and then make plans to banish them a continent away? This can't be seen as anything other than a big fuck you to Duchess of Sux.

by Anonymousreply 230April 21, 2019 2:04 AM

By the way, it does bear repearing that only 16 Commonwealth countries have the Queen as Head of State, and none of them are African Commonwealth countries. Lesotho is not a Realm Commonwealth country like Canada or Australia.

by Anonymousreply 231April 21, 2019 2:16 AM

The timing of this news is so cold. Meghan incapacitated for all intents and purposes by the impending birth.

by Anonymousreply 232April 21, 2019 2:32 AM

But she's not pregnant.

by Anonymousreply 233April 21, 2019 2:36 AM

The Times report and Page Six piece take pains to stress Haz & Meg's "rock star status" and popularity as the reason for the proposed move, to spin it as a positive. Why on earth would the exile a young attractive royal couple with a newborn infant to a third world country (no media coverage) if they were so popular? Wouldn't they keep them in the UK and capitalize on their profile for as long as possible? This all HAS to be a last-ditch effort to contain their antics. The Pg Six piece states that they seem to be setting up a 'separate enterprise' entirely.

Another nugget dropped is that William has apparently fully embraced his role as heir and future monarch, in opposition to the trepidation he used to feel about it. Is going full guns on the power thingy. Pop that popcorn I say, the sparks are ready to fly and I'm frankly excited about it.

by Anonymousreply 234April 21, 2019 2:40 AM

R198, she doesn’t give a flying fuck. It was fun to decorate and flex on designers and workmen. Maybe she thought Froggy Bottom - one of her homes - would be featured in Architectural Digest or Vogue, with gushing praise.

Or, like a picky child, dictating a precise and detailed menu of things it would like to eat, watching its anxious mother prepare it painstakingly, pronouncing they’re not hungry after all. Just utter brattishness.

I suspect their bluff was called.

by Anonymousreply 235April 21, 2019 2:53 AM

fast i need help!

paddy pourer will close bedding soon and i need to know if firsed babby comes out from pee hole or poo hole? firsed babby not second. i need to bed on this to make money becaus beutifull wive is scrimming her fuckn head of at me again now for africker this time. i dont even no what the fuck??? somthing about old queen dare to fuck i and beutifull wive off to africker shes' going to drag effry body down with her if she has to go to africker and if i dont beleaf her i can ask geye and borgrat then she scrimt 'ASK THEM ASK THEM ASK THEM ASK THEM O YOU CANT THEIR DEAD!!!!!!" fuuuuuuuuuck!

pls help! does firsed babby come out from pee hole or poo hole? im stuppid i shoud have cosentrated in pregnatcy class but i was so stuppid and i only cosentrate on fortnite on my phone. beutifull wive is rite im stuppid! im stuppid im stuppid im stuppid now im fuckt!

by Anonymousreply 236April 21, 2019 2:53 AM

MM is being **erased** from any close visual association with the BRF and it's a form of exclusion. Basically Sparkles f***** up. So much for being marketed by Harry as being able to "Hit The Ground Running..."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 237April 21, 2019 3:00 AM

[quote]The timing of this news is so cold. Meghan incapacitated for all intents and purposes by the impending birth.

She's having a baby, not a coma. In any event, what's she going to do? Raise an army?

by Anonymousreply 238April 21, 2019 3:00 AM

R237 reminds me of the nonexistence of old video of MM curtsying to the Queen at her wedding. I get it now.

by Anonymousreply 239April 21, 2019 3:04 AM

We're four hours in. The clock is ticking.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 240April 21, 2019 3:09 AM

[quote]She's having a baby, not a coma. In any event, what's she going to do? Raise an army?

Don't put it past her to try.

by Anonymousreply 241April 21, 2019 3:11 AM

It’s so bitchy and delicious.

Baby Sussex will have more global impact than Charlotte? I think THAT was the final straw.

by Anonymousreply 242April 21, 2019 3:12 AM

Oh to have been a fly on the wall when this was put to them! Harry's excitement at returning to a place where he has great memories helpings the kids, and Megan's face realising she'd been out manoeuvred probably for the first time in her life by people much smarter. Can't exactly pull her face about it to Harry either, when her whole pitch to him was her bleeding heart 'humanitarian' next Diana persona! Lol. Excellent (doctor evil voice)

- Great DM Comment

by Anonymousreply 243April 21, 2019 3:30 AM

I’m sure the BRF sees it as a brilliant move, but it’s Meghan we’re talking about here. I’m sure she will find a way to make it backfire. Either she will be travelling to the US or Canada all the time getting up to no good, or she’ll try to make Lesotho a new celebrity hotspot. The Clooneys will probably love it, hasn’t he basically singlehandedly funded the Sudan war? She will be wearing entirely inappropriate and outrageously expensive outfits the whole time, of course.

by Anonymousreply 244April 21, 2019 3:34 AM

Oh, please let them soon announce that W&K are going to tour the US this year. That would be even more salt in MMs wounds.

by Anonymousreply 245April 21, 2019 3:38 AM

This move has the Queen written all over it. When Charles is the king, he will probably want Harry back at his side asap, and you just know Meghan will be insufferable. If she manages to work in references to her two brief charity trips into her and Harry’s every speech, imagine how much worse it’s going to be after she does her time in Africa for real.

by Anonymousreply 246April 21, 2019 3:38 AM

Twitter is all atwitter.

[quote]I guess they forgot Williams other lover Jecca lives in Africa with his other child. I Hope they come forward soon and claim their rightful place. Africa seems to be his place of choice to cover his deeds. Meghan is an American citizen Harry is welcome in the USA.

[quote]Lies I’m sure and if not look out royals you’re days are numbered we don’t want a Whiny baby as king and what because she’s black send to Africa , so he married a white girl this would not be a story .. I’m done writing to Clarence House , the queen .. we want Meghan and Harry

[quote]The UK is the world #1 tourist destination thanks to #Harryandmeghan. HM are certainly contributing a tremendous amount of money to the British economy, however, they are not getting the respect they deserve! My question here is how can you bite the hands that feeds you?🤔

[quote]Yes and if they leave UK KP , BP , Clarence House etc can try all they want but the reason is Will . His insecurity , jealousy and lack of work ethic . What has he accomplished as a future King ? Then look at what Harry has achieved

by Anonymousreply 247April 21, 2019 3:42 AM

Are those FOR REAL r247? Ho-lee SHIT if so. "How can you bit the hand that feeds you" - as if H&M "feed" the rest of the BRF! Other way round I'm afraid. And they are finding this out the hard way.

"Then look what Harry has achieve" - oh my SIDES!! Delusions are real. Not that any of them have done much - but Harry?

by Anonymousreply 248April 21, 2019 3:59 AM

Now in Australian media. Love the Aussie proposal rejection slant. lol

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 249April 21, 2019 4:26 AM

So, any bets on when the divorce announcement comes? I didn't think that this would be a long marriage, but I thought she would try to stick it out for a year or two after the kid was born. No way is she spending the last years of her 30s exiled in Africa. She can't build any sort of lifestyle brand from there.

by Anonymousreply 250April 21, 2019 4:33 AM

Maybe she can try to bring the Dashiki back in vogue, from hippy fashion hell?

by Anonymousreply 251April 21, 2019 4:37 AM

All real tweets, R248. They were from different accounts so I couldn't link, but if you search 'Meghan' and 'Africa' then scroll through some of the accounts posting and their retweets you'll find nuttery of the highest order.

Here's another:

[quote]Does KP think sending Harry, Meghan & Baby away will change the "rockstar" popularity? Does KP think people can't see what's going? Do they think this will seat well w/the Commonwealth & the World by sending their only Biracial Duchess, Harry & baby away 2 "Somewhere in Africa"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 252April 21, 2019 4:56 AM

Anyone know what’s up with the Toronto Paper twitter account? Who do you think is behind it?

by Anonymousreply 253April 21, 2019 5:00 AM

Those two are NEVER ever in a million years coming back to the UK to live.

- Princess Charlotte

by Anonymousreply 254April 21, 2019 5:01 AM

Toronto Paper posts, and writes very frau. I would not be shocked if one of the Tumblr loons is behind it.

by Anonymousreply 255April 21, 2019 5:03 AM

I don’t expect anything to come of this Africa thing.... this has just been put out there as a warning to Meghan to stop her games or this is how we will make you irrelevant

by Anonymousreply 256April 21, 2019 5:07 AM

The comments under the Out To Africa article in the Daily Mail are fantastic.

by Anonymousreply 257April 21, 2019 5:08 AM

R148 Surrogacy isn’t considered “woke” in most feminist communities. Surrogacy is quickly moving to being seen as the taking advantage of another woman (usually a wealthy woman using a low income woman as an incubator). There’s a lot of backlash growing in the type of communities making up her focus group/audience.

by Anonymousreply 258April 21, 2019 5:09 AM

If the Africa story turns out to be true, Meghan done played herself. Ha ha ha!

by Anonymousreply 259April 21, 2019 5:18 AM

I am the "Charles is a pussy" troll. Even The Times article refers to what I have oft asserted:

[quote]"Only the Queen can exercise any control over William or Harry,” a source said. “The father can’t and there is no mum.”

[quote]Nothing is set in stone. No one has yet decided who would pay for the African enterprise or how the couple’s security would be organised. The host country and other Commonwealth nations would have to approve. But what everyone seems to have realised is that the project is a way of managing the swirling relationships between the royal brothers, their wives, their father and the palace officials in a way that is needed.

FFS, Charles is an impotent pussy who can't even get a handle on his own sons. Even fuck-ups extraordinaire like Fergie and Air Miles Andy could teach muttering Chuck a thing or two.

by Anonymousreply 260April 21, 2019 5:58 AM

Agree with r256. This news presents as delicious gameplay from the wearers of velvet gloves.

by Anonymousreply 261April 21, 2019 6:00 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 262April 21, 2019 6:04 AM

OMFG. I'm sooo sorry...I didn't realize this had already been posted. I'm way tooo stoned!

by Anonymousreply 263April 21, 2019 6:08 AM

Time for bed, r263?

by Anonymousreply 264April 21, 2019 6:11 AM

"Thought you'd fuck with us, did you? Hope you got plenty of mosquito spray, Royal Rockstars!

Oh, and Happy Easter, ha ha!"

by Anonymousreply 265April 21, 2019 6:34 AM

I'm afraid racism w/in the BRF is entrenched. Yes, Markle is aggressive; she made a huge mistake outshining Kate (who has her problems evidently). Nor did she follow there many protocols. Harry, too, is more popular than William. Yet in the final analysis, the racism is the problem.

BRF probably hoped she would sit in the back of the bus and take over thankless duties and not create a fuss. In reality, Meghan had every right not to be relegated to the unpleasant, low-profile work. They would have piled it on, too.

And, William has shown his true colors. What has he done? At his age, Charles had numerous accomplishments. All William has is an evidently false image of a family man who wed his college sweetheart and had three adorable children. All wanted, I'm sure. His PR is working overtime. I saw an article about how he pops into his local pub for quiz night and beer - just like a regular bloke.

hahahaha hahahaha hahaha

by Anonymousreply 266April 21, 2019 7:02 AM

I'm praying, PRAYING, I tell you, that R266 is a parody post.

by Anonymousreply 267April 21, 2019 7:04 AM

This is a good documentary about Prince John who died at age13 of epilepsy. It is thought that he also was autistic. It's a sad story. He seemed to be quite a sweet boy.

There are lots of pretty shots of York Cottage (gifted by Queen Elizabeth to Harry & Meghan after their wedding).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 268April 21, 2019 7:06 AM

Looks like the "rural rival" exposé was a bridge too far. Moral: never take on someone bigger than you.

by Anonymousreply 269April 21, 2019 7:07 AM

R101 Ok. The baby will be named Luna Elizabeth Doria Diana Sussex in honor of the pink moon or the Moonbump.

by Anonymousreply 270April 21, 2019 7:12 AM

R123 If you believe MM's really pregnant, a much bigger no no is risking a royal baby the threat of Zika.

by Anonymousreply 271April 21, 2019 7:19 AM

The “feud” must be much, much bigger than we realised if banishment to another country is even being considered.

I think the Rose thing is a red herring. Maybe something happened, maybe it didn’t (although the press certainly seem to think it did) but I find it very unlikely that it came between William & Harry. Why would it? Harry is no arbiter of moral standards & I can’t see them falling out in any major way over it.

No...this is all down to Markle, imo.

She showed up, not even a British citiizen and claiming she “knew nothing” about the BRF, then immediately started throwing her weight around, upsetting staff and disrespecting HM, taking control of hers and Harry’s role in a way that she has no business doing (their role is to support HM, nothing else) & going over everyone’s heads when she wants to get herself some glowing publicity.

R271 What? Even if it’s a surrogate baby, Zika woukd be a problem. So what’s your point exactly?

This is enough to make anyone despise her - and I think they do. Knowing that nobody likes his wife is humiliating for Harry and he’s gone on the defensive, blaming the wrong people.

That’s how family feuds happen & that’s what’s happening here, I think.

Anyone remember in Spinal Tap where one of the girlfriends shows up, immediately appoints herself manager and starts coming up with new ideas? The boyfriend is too weak to stop her and everyone falls out. It’s funny & a comedy but it’s a truism that that kind of thing happens all the time.

by Anonymousreply 272April 21, 2019 7:21 AM

Have no idea how the comment to R271 got spliced into the middle of my posr...should have been at the end.

by Anonymousreply 273April 21, 2019 7:22 AM

Meghan is the Yoko Ono of the BRF.

by Anonymousreply 274April 21, 2019 7:23 AM

I think Prince Andrew should have married Koo Stark.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 275April 21, 2019 7:24 AM

Look how young Harry looks and with a full head of hair in 2011...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 276April 21, 2019 7:31 AM

I have never heard that QE "gifted" York Cottage to the Sussexes. It is 100 m2 and has been a temporary home for many people. Not big enough for a family.

I don't think racism is involved at all, though there may well be some strong anti-American feeling due to MM's outrageous behaviour. She was rightly expected to fit in, not "sit at the back of the bus." She should thank whomever she believes in that she married into the BRF and not the Mafia; Africa wouldn't even be an option.

The "Rose thing" is probably the worst that has happened to the Cambridges, even if not true. It puts the BRF right back where it started with Charles/Diana/Camilla. Considering the timeline, I'd bet pounds to sixpence (or dollars to doughnuts) it originated from MM's PR. But it's just a smear campaign, not a moral judgement from PH to PW.

MM is indeed the Yoko Ono of the BRF. Thanks, Harry. We knew we could count on you.

by Anonymousreply 277April 21, 2019 7:37 AM

R266 Playing the race card, I see. MM’s situation has nothing to do with racism and everything to do with hierarchy. That is how the monarchial systems work—on hierarchy.

If she wanted Hollywood-style glitz and glamour, she should have married an A-list actor, director or power agent. Instead, she married the quickly falling, numpty grandson of the Queen. She should consider herself lucky that she even gets to do the “low-profile” jobs, as you describe them. And exactly WTF is wrong with the low-profile jobs? The same ones that are carried out by the Queen’s own children? Anne, Andrew and Edward and their spouses do nothing but smaller jobs and they don’t seem to be complaining. As a matter of fact, Anne is lauded for her work ethic at these not-so-grand events. And Edward and Sophie get to travel the world on behalf of the Queen...not a bad gig if you can get it. (Sophie is a great example for Markle to follow). Also, these latter two of the Queen’s offspring have declined titles for their children. They don’t try to compete with Charles’ kids for name or fame. They know their place and they carve out a niche and stay there.

And here we have Meghan Markle, bitch extraordinaire, who waltzes in thinking she deserves top level assignments, when in the hierarchy of things, she is the Fergie once Charles is king. If she wishes to survive the BRF, she needs to stay in her damn lane, be eternally grateful that the taxpayer is funding her decadent lifestyle and shut up and do as she is told. Otherwise, be ready to be the next Fergie. The race card is a cheap ploy to dismiss Markle of any personal responsibility for her shitty actions.

by Anonymousreply 278April 21, 2019 9:04 AM

Agree with your post, R278, but Anne and Edward do not have the huge chip on their shoulder that Harry does, no doubt because their mother wasn't used, victimised and then killed as a result of the BRF's actions. So it's not business as usual regarding the hierarchy for him; he feels he is entitled to compensation. And his wife just plain does not get it, and never will. The BRF is not a meritocracy. Not a tin hatter here - I don't think there is a surrogate - but I think the "Rose thing" was a warning shot over the bow, letting the BRF know that he can and will air dirty family laundry that they would prefer to never see the light of day.

by Anonymousreply 279April 21, 2019 9:17 AM

So in effect, R279, Harry is holding his own family hostage because he knows where the skeletons are buried? That's an interesting theory. I hope there's truth to the rumor that they're being shipped to Africa - just get 'em the fuck out of Dodge.

by Anonymousreply 280April 21, 2019 9:36 AM

R279 You claim not to be a tin-hatter while announcing that Diana was “killed as a result of the BRFs actions”.

No. She got rid of her police security (her choice), used the Al Fayed’s instead and was killed by a drunk driver.

Not buying the “used and victimised” either. Six of one and half a dozen of the other.

by Anonymousreply 281April 21, 2019 9:50 AM

You know...for all the spin suggesting that their “popularity” needs to be managed, I think it’s precisely the opposite.

They are not popular in the UK. In fact, resentment against them is building quite substantially. I think it’s their rising unpopularity that needs to be managed, to be honest.

If they are out of the UK, writing on some other nation’s bananas, then the taint of their vainglorious, self-important showboating will hopefully have less of an effect on the rest of the family.

by Anonymousreply 282April 21, 2019 9:54 AM

All those lovely black kids Harry likes and now in abundance ! He will be divorced in 3 months . She wants to be a humanitarian in London not in Lesotho . The heath and no WiFI she needs for her Instagram . She will be out as soon as fuck and come back to Frogmore Cottage that will be a luxury hotel after Lesotho . 😂 ! Oh boy that’s the best easter gift of all .

by Anonymousreply 283April 21, 2019 9:54 AM

I don't necessarily see it that way - I believe Harry does, R281. But Charles and Diana certainly used Diana shabbily when she and Charles married. Most would agree on that.

by Anonymousreply 284April 21, 2019 10:17 AM

Nothing to speed up labor as this info 😂

by Anonymousreply 285April 21, 2019 10:36 AM

They can renovate a House in Lesotho on the taxpayers dime also . Because it won’t be at their likings . When you a week or 3 days you can live poorly as a prince but actual living there oh my !

by Anonymousreply 286April 21, 2019 10:39 AM

I think what the BRF has on Harry is also alot and i’m not talking a naziuniform and his Vegas party or drugs . I’m talking more serious stuff .

by Anonymousreply 287April 21, 2019 10:42 AM

Charles and Camilla

by Anonymousreply 288April 21, 2019 10:48 AM

Fair enough, R284.

I think Harry blames the media more than he blames his family. Bear in mind that he has direct access to his family & has information about his mother and the marriage that we don’t have.

Mind you...I was struck by him saying how awful it was that a 12 year old had to walk behind his mother’s coffin in front of the world (& I agree with him] and it wasn’t the media that forced that.

But he dows most certainly have a chip on his shoulder...you are right about that.

Thing is.....putting himself front and centre as a “global humanitarian” won’t help at all. A quietish marriage to someone who cares more about him than their public image might have done.

by Anonymousreply 289April 21, 2019 10:49 AM

They are cutting the cancer out of the BRF before it spreads .

by Anonymousreply 290April 21, 2019 10:51 AM

God, you fraus are extraordinarily naive. Anyone who believes this, I have a lovely bridge in central London to sell you.

They are obviously not going to Africa. She is about to give birth, they just spent a fortune renovating Frogmore, the Queen and PC both adore her, and they’re both work horses putting the lazy Cambridges to shame. They aren’t going anywhere.

This is obviously someone being bored and malicious, either Wills team trying to detract attention from the fact he’s been caught having an affair and his marriage is hanging by a thread, or some vindictive courtier having fun. Most likely the former due to the obviously fake nonsense about Will being ready to be King (he’s clearly not, and doesn’t matter how ready he is, he’s not going to be King probably for decades). And yes absolutely there is a serious problem with racism both here in England and within royal circles. The fact posters deny racism exists and throw terms like “playing the race card” around proves what kind of agenda some of these trolls have.

Meghan has not put a foot wrong, and she’s not going anywhere. It’s not her fault the Cambridges are workshy and in a toxic marriage.

by Anonymousreply 291April 21, 2019 10:58 AM

No way is her BRF funded PR spreading gossip about Will-

but the BRF sounds like they are finally sick of her- her assholish behavior w the maternity coat , tiara gate, not wearing a hat when asked to by the Queen, rude behavior in Morocco, rude behavior to staff , insulting the NHS , getting involved in politics, the pap stroll in NYC for a baby shower...

Darn that’s a long list. And they can’t publicly complain about the banishment . I am sure the BRF has sex tape on MM. I mean how did she support herself all of those years w a middling career....sex tape is completely believable.

And w their humanitarian bragging....

Whoa! The BRF really did checkmate them.

by Anonymousreply 292April 21, 2019 11:00 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 293April 21, 2019 11:16 AM

Meet the delusional Meg lunatic at R291

Btw, you've got no idea what a Frau is, how this term is being used here respectively.

by Anonymousreply 294April 21, 2019 11:17 AM

Oh wow the sugars are invading this thread ! Yo really are naïeve are you at R291 ?

by Anonymousreply 295April 21, 2019 11:19 AM

Harry probably thinks Monaco is somewhere IN Africa.

by Anonymousreply 296April 21, 2019 11:19 AM

Harry uses his mothers death as an excuse for everything . Oh look poor me my mother died 25 years ago and I.m still shocked I say shocked till this day . What an excuse for not growing up as William did .

by Anonymousreply 297April 21, 2019 11:22 AM

It's delicious to behold how outraged the lunatic deluded Megstans like r291 are at the Africa proposal: The Queen adores her! She hasn't put a foot wrong! You're all racist!

by Anonymousreply 298April 21, 2019 11:25 AM

Whoever came up with the "Banish them to Africa" plan is a right numpty. It sounds imperialistic and out of touch to shuffle the problematic spawn off to the "Dark Continent." Add the "G-G of Australia or Canada" idiocy to it and you have a proper fuck up.

For what it's worth, rich people anywhere have great amenities. The alarmists on the thread who seem to think all of Africa is a mosquito-infested village must also think Prince George wears stab-proof clothing because of all the knife crime in London.

If the Sussexes end up in Africa, it would be easy for them to spin it: Will the jealous bore, Kate the vicious ice queen, Charles the ineffectual meddler. OTOH, Meghan and Harry are dutiful. They moved out to Frogmore as requested. They will move out to Africa as requested. They are not afraid to be one with nature and Mother Africa. BTW, there will be less oversight so they will have more control of their own image. They can host celebs and influencers from their home in the cradle of civilization, post images from their latest environmental campaign blah blah yada yada.

It takes some skill to move from a childhood living in a one- bedroom flat over a garage in LA to a adulthood living on a royal estate. The BRF shouldn't expect Meghan to go away quietly unless that's what she wants and what she's chosen.

End note: the BRF asked the taypayers to pay millions renovating Frogmore and then decide to relocate the Sussexes to Africa? Of all the parts of this plan that sound implausible or out of touch, that has to be the biggest one.

by Anonymousreply 299April 21, 2019 11:27 AM

Renovating Frogmore was good for placement purposes.

Stans and shills are pissed? GOOD.

by Anonymousreply 300April 21, 2019 11:31 AM

Perhaps R291's phrase "has not put a foot wrong" is code for "has not done one single thing in the proper, acceptable way and has no intention of starting now."

by Anonymousreply 301April 21, 2019 11:31 AM

Oh shut the fuck up, R299. You have no idea what tou’re talking about.

I have been to Botswana and Lesotho - and they do not have the infrastructure to provide the kind of lifestyle Markle clearly wants.

It’s not all about a nice, big house, you ignorant cunt.

And the BRF didn’t “ask” the taxpayers to do anything.

Go arse lick “Meghan” elsewhere.

by Anonymousreply 302April 21, 2019 11:31 AM

Harry gettin' dinner for Megs on first day in AFRICA.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 303April 21, 2019 11:39 AM

I almost hope, for AFRICA'S sake, that this doesn't end up happening. Yes, it would be wonderful for us, but that poor country will end up suffering even more than it already has.

by Anonymousreply 304April 21, 2019 11:42 AM

R302 Not sure why you think my post is a personal attack on you. Simmer down honey.

I don't know Meghan's wants, but I do know Botswana and I know that with enough money it's possible to build luxury anywhere.

The BRF have funded some of the renovations of Frogmore from tax dollars and relocating the Sussexes in any official capacity will take more tax dollars. The security cost alone will be fairly sizable. Criticism of the cost will be on the BRF rather than on the Sussexes. So far, the spin is that they are being "sent." If the story had been that the Sussexes had thrown a fit and demanded a relocation, the condemnation for the cost would partly be on them and partly be on Charles/Liz for acquiescing.

by Anonymousreply 305April 21, 2019 11:46 AM

Why not have the Queen use her personal cash for the transfer of the Sussexes? That would also seem gracious and humanitarian.

by Anonymousreply 306April 21, 2019 11:48 AM

R306 She should, but when has the BRF ever willingly paid their own way?

by Anonymousreply 307April 21, 2019 11:50 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 308April 21, 2019 12:08 PM

[quote]I think Prince Andrew should have married Koo Stark.

Diana was very complimentary about Koo in the Morton book.

by Anonymousreply 309April 21, 2019 12:16 PM

She is a grifter who every grifter in the make can learn from . London air has really go to her head . Frogcottage is the best for a grifter Duchess . And a little Frog to be born in that She and Harry really thinks they are Amal and George Clooney . George Clooney made a lot of money in the film industry and he has the money from the sale of the tequila business . They are more loaded than Harry and his wife . They are more glamorous too . PH and M look like an old hipster couple and he is balding and in a few years bald and 40 . They have not the impact of Amal and George .

by Anonymousreply 310April 21, 2019 12:18 PM

I’m gonna call these two Mr Frog and Mrs Frog who live in frogpalace with their soon to be born little Frog 😂 . I think its not fair for the child but for H and M oh yes .

by Anonymousreply 311April 21, 2019 12:22 PM

OMFG, you are so wrong, R310. They are ROCK STARS, and they are being sent to AFRICA to help the country HEAL itself. Haven't you heard that the fat whore, oops, I mean the benevolent Mother of Ginger Jesus, never puts a FOOT wrong, even when she's flinging poo at the family she never had?!

by Anonymousreply 312April 21, 2019 12:24 PM

Doesn't Harry have money in luxury holiday safari experiences/ places to stay with his side chick, ex rugby player Adam Bidwell, out there in Africa? Bidwell used to have the link on his Insta, he's taken it down, now. Or maybe I sourced the link elsewhere, a good while ago? I see that Fergie still follows him.

by Anonymousreply 313April 21, 2019 12:30 PM

Bea's dress looks lovely.

The hat ... ummm ... well, Bea's hats tend to be, ahem, 'unique'.

by Anonymousreply 314April 21, 2019 12:31 PM

Is the coat Kate was wearing sort of a slimming one?

She's getting thinner again by the day.

Seriously, Kate, go get yourself some chocolate easter bunny and the like. Looking scrawny does NOT translate into looking good.

by Anonymousreply 315April 21, 2019 12:33 PM

Do you think Smugsy will let her hair go au natural in Africa? Would seem weird if she kept straightening while down there, especially if SohoBebe has a bit of frizz.

by Anonymousreply 316April 21, 2019 12:34 PM

What the hell are Sophie and her daughter wearing?

Serioulsy, what THE HELL?!?

by Anonymousreply 317April 21, 2019 12:35 PM

What pics are you guys looking at??

by Anonymousreply 318April 21, 2019 12:35 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 319April 21, 2019 12:36 PM

What a delight the shameless grifter is nowhere to be seen in these pics!

by Anonymousreply 320April 21, 2019 12:37 PM

Everybody looks nice, it's a happy Megless Easter.

by Anonymousreply 321April 21, 2019 12:41 PM

Well well well, Kate together with Will and both are smiling.

If she's just putting on a brave face for the public, she's very convincing.

by Anonymousreply 322April 21, 2019 12:45 PM

Thank you, R319, that was sweet. The Queen looks lovely, she really does. And Kate shines; I think she's beautiful. I would fuck Mike Tindall in a heartbeat. Harry has to do something about the hair, or the lack of it. Maybe everybody looks jubilant because the Sucker of Life Forces is blissfully absent.

by Anonymousreply 323April 21, 2019 12:46 PM

You are right R312 😂

by Anonymousreply 324April 21, 2019 12:46 PM

I would smile too If Megs wasn’t there ! The Sucker of Life Force is a good description of Megs .

by Anonymousreply 325April 21, 2019 12:49 PM

All these black people and the lord knows M doesn’t like black people . Maybe its a way to get rid of her .

by Anonymousreply 326April 21, 2019 12:51 PM

I hear chuckling coming from Royal Lodge...

by Anonymousreply 327April 21, 2019 12:51 PM

shes' going to drag effry body down with her if she has to go to africker and if i dont beleaf her i can ask geye and borgrat then she scrimt 'ASK THEM ASK THEM ASK THEM ASK THEM O YOU CANT THEIR DEAD!!!!!!"

R236 omg looooooool

by Anonymousreply 328April 21, 2019 12:52 PM

R323, Sucker Of Live Forces, hahaha, brilliant!

by Anonymousreply 329April 21, 2019 12:55 PM

Anyone else feel that addressing HM as Granny, on Rachel's Insta account ( first to wish her a Happy Birthday, those 5am starts can be beneficial, I guess *rolls eyes* ) was a bit off?

by Anonymousreply 330April 21, 2019 12:56 PM

I agree that this may simply be a shot across the bow to get Meghan and Harry in line. There are no definite plans yet.

by Anonymousreply 331April 21, 2019 1:02 PM

Harry joined the family for Easter.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 332April 21, 2019 1:09 PM

What about MEEEEEEEE !!!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 333April 21, 2019 1:12 PM

"Happy Birthday Your Majesty, Ma’am, Granny. Wishing you the most wonderful day! 🎈Harry & Meghan"

vs

"Wishing a very happy 93rd birthday to Her Majesty The Queen!"

by Anonymousreply 334April 21, 2019 1:13 PM

R331, that’s likely, IMO. I found it interesting that Geidt and Manning were specifically credited in the DM for drawing up this plan.

It doesn’t matter that the taxpayers spent a fortune renovating Frog Holler. Some other young royal couple might actually enjoy living there...

by Anonymousreply 335April 21, 2019 1:14 PM

Harry must have gotten dressed while his Rubenesque Goddess was busy elsewhere, because he actually looks rather spiffy (from the neck down, of course.)

by Anonymousreply 336April 21, 2019 1:16 PM

R291 - How's the weather up there on Mars?

by Anonymousreply 337April 21, 2019 1:18 PM

I think Harry would look better if he shaved and grew his hair out another inch (and boosted the red color)

by Anonymousreply 338April 21, 2019 1:18 PM

Toad Hall would be a fantastic place for...somebody, especially now that it's renovated. I also never thought she'd be caught dead living there. She's become a tad predictable.

by Anonymousreply 339April 21, 2019 1:19 PM

Oh, that's not Mars, R337. It's some planet that nobody has even discovered yet.

by Anonymousreply 340April 21, 2019 1:20 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 341April 21, 2019 1:24 PM

Kate looks absolutely lovely and very relaxed - simple, tailored, feminine, and completely appropriate, as usual. The absence of Meghan and having to playact with her probably helps. Meghan has been nothing but trouble. Her absence is probably a relief to everyone, including the Yorks.

by Anonymousreply 342April 21, 2019 1:28 PM

R330 & R334 - agreed. Every other official account (Clarence House, etc) and even Yuge’s personal one still is HM The Queen. And there’s no need to sign it- you have your own account now, megs.

by Anonymousreply 343April 21, 2019 1:35 PM

Perhaps the move to Africa was leaked as a shot across the bow; however, the BRF should have figured out by this point that threats don't work on Meghan. I think the decision has been made and now they're slowly easing the idea to the public. There will be more leaks and info as the months pass until it's accepted as a done deal. It's genius, really, because what can Meghan say given her previous ramblings regarding her humanitarian desires?

by Anonymousreply 344April 21, 2019 1:39 PM

R339, I didn’t see *how* she’d get out of living there, but had a feeling she wasn’t going to just lie down and accept it.

Someone called someone’s bluff. I don’t even think Froggy Holler or Rose Chum was the final straw. I think it was the potshot at a 4-year old child. Will and Kate are fair game. Their child is not.

by Anonymousreply 345April 21, 2019 1:40 PM

Why would she bother to get that right when she doesn't bother to get anything else right?

by Anonymousreply 346April 21, 2019 1:41 PM

Agreed - the use of "granny" on the overly casual instagram birthday post is designed - by MeGain, no doubt, to show that she is on affectionate terms with HM the Queen, when every other indicator we've seen so far, from Tiaragate to Out to Africa, implies very much otherwise.

It's probably because the Queen loathes her with the fire of a thousand suns that she went out of her way to use 'granny' - to give the false impression that the opposite is true.

by Anonymousreply 347April 21, 2019 1:42 PM

Also, it forces her hand. If she doesn't want to go to Africa, either she'll have to divorce Harry or they'll both have to leave the BRF. If we start seeing articles that their marriage is troubled, then we'll know what tack Meghan is taking.

by Anonymousreply 348April 21, 2019 1:42 PM

Out To Africa. I love that.

by Anonymousreply 349April 21, 2019 1:45 PM

Doesn't Samantha Markle have a "tell-all" Meghan book coming out at the end of this month?

by Anonymousreply 350April 21, 2019 1:45 PM

Zika has been reported in Lesotho but not Botswana. I think that will figure in their calculations.

by Anonymousreply 351April 21, 2019 1:50 PM

Quick! Mobilize the Kazakhstan bots! Draft talking points about what an honor it was for the Queen to offer the rock star Sussexes such a bespoke assignment!

While you’re at it, spill some tea about Prince George cheating on his pre-prep school girlfriend! That’ll distract ‘em!

by Anonymousreply 352April 21, 2019 1:53 PM

I think she'd be more likely on the brink of divorcing Harry because she can't stand the constant controls and protocols she encounters as part of the BRF in Britain. When Harry explained it all to her during the pre-engagement phase, I'm sure she told him excitedly that it sounded wonderful and challenging and of course she could handle it. Once in, like Diana, she found that what she really wanted was the perks without the restraints.

The marriage is probably under more strain near his family than 5,000 miles away and my guess is that this plan is partly to remove the growing tensions in the Sussex marriage as much as the relationship with the rest of Harry's family, who, it is a safe bet, can't stand her.

It's a great plan: everyone will be happier, including Harry and Meghan. After a few years in Africa and another kid, Meghan can safely divorce Harry in the knowledge that her creds as World Wide Ambassadress For A Woke World (WWAWW, LLC) are firmly established, and she'll get a nice settlement and go on her merry way floating around the world, cameras popping wherever she goes, hanging with people who wouldn't have given her the time of day before she snagged Harry. Or perhaps she'll even drag him out with her.

Maybe she'll love living in Africa, connect with her "other" heritage, and stop feeling as if she has to straighten her hair to feel sexy, as she herself put it on the subject.

by Anonymousreply 353April 21, 2019 1:59 PM

“Maybe she'll love living in Africa, connect with her ‘other’ heritage, and stop feeling as if she has to straighten her hair to feel sexy, as she herself put it on the subject.”

Yeah. And maybe pigs will fly.

by Anonymousreply 354April 21, 2019 2:01 PM

Hazbean is being marginalized. Forever. The "50 year prep" timeline quote relating to William suggests the BRF is sufficiently alarmed and appalled by MM's antics that they are siding with Wills, priortizing him and doing whatever is needed to keep Wills happy. And, also turn the tables on the "rock star" couple, PR-wise, at the same time.

I don't doubt Camilla is also keen to see the "Wills & Rose" story GO AWAY.

by Anonymousreply 355April 21, 2019 2:03 PM

Apparently, Buck House has finally responded to the story:

"Any future plans for the Duke and Duchess are speculative at this stage. No decisions have been taken about future roles. The Duke will continue to fulfil his role as Commonwealth Youth Ambassador."

Translation: Yes, this is in the works, but we're not prepared to confirm the details yet.

If it were not in the works, BP would have come out with a denial, "The story is completely false, the Duke and Duchess will be settling into their new home at Windsor with their growing family for the foreseeable future."

by Anonymousreply 356April 21, 2019 2:04 PM

R354 - Well, it was a thought.

by Anonymousreply 357April 21, 2019 2:05 PM

What kind of things are you referring to, R287?

This placed PR is delicious in the details.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 358April 21, 2019 2:06 PM

R357, that would be totally plausible. For a normal person.

But we’re talking about Smegs here.

by Anonymousreply 359April 21, 2019 2:07 PM

Not r287, but his coke habit, for starters. The way he has treated his former girlfriends and flings, for another.

by Anonymousreply 360April 21, 2019 2:13 PM

R272 - love the "Spinal Tap" reference, good analogy!

by Anonymousreply 361April 21, 2019 2:14 PM

"...The Duke will continue to fulfil his role as Commonwealth Youth Ambassador."

No mention of MM's role.

by Anonymousreply 362April 21, 2019 2:20 PM

Oh yes...good catch, R362.

by Anonymousreply 363April 21, 2019 2:28 PM

r362 Could be meaningful, or could just be the standard form during the period that Megain is officially off work to produce her insurance policy... errr, I mean baby

by Anonymousreply 364April 21, 2019 2:32 PM

Meghan won't be able to get her UK citizenship if she's out of the country.

by Anonymousreply 365April 21, 2019 2:37 PM

From DM

Best photo of the royal family in over a year. Mainly because there isn't someone there staring at the camera holding a cushion.

by Anonymousreply 366April 21, 2019 2:38 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 367April 21, 2019 2:45 PM

That Instagram message was cringe-worthy.

by Anonymousreply 368April 21, 2019 2:46 PM

Good God R149, your prestigious Alma Maters must have dropped the ball when it came to the English requirements. And many others, I would suspect.

by Anonymousreply 369April 21, 2019 2:57 PM

I will be so glad when this baby is born and we can stop discussing pregnancy, yech.

by Anonymousreply 370April 21, 2019 2:59 PM

Kate looks to have put on a couple of pounds, nothing major, just enough to take away the gaunt look. Also has a bit of a tan.

by Anonymousreply 371April 21, 2019 3:01 PM

R365 - I wondered about that. It takes about three years, and she probably only applied in fall 2017 when they got engaged. So 2020 would be three years - perhaps that's why they're putting it off till next year. Of course, she could always get herself up the duff again and then plead that moving to Africa would be too hard on a pregnant woman with a toddler.

by Anonymousreply 372April 21, 2019 3:07 PM

r372 It takes 5 years, not 3.

by Anonymousreply 373April 21, 2019 3:17 PM

Which would put it roughly in the same timeframe as the end of this stay in Africa R373

Is this a BRF test? Fall into line, go where you’re told and do a decent job of it, and in three years you’ll be back in the fold, have your citizenship, and be able to live the life you want. Or, walk and lose the lot.

The BRF give second chances, look at Sophie Wessex, and if MM has any sense she’ll take it.

by Anonymousreply 374April 21, 2019 3:27 PM

[quote]Is this a BRF test? Fall into line, go where you’re told and do a decent job of it, and in three years you’ll be back in the fold, have your citizenship, and be able to live the life you want. Or, walk and lose the lot.

I think Hazbean have been offered one option only. To get out of dodge. I also think the clock is ticking on dear Megs. They want her gone. Permanently.

by Anonymousreply 375April 21, 2019 3:36 PM

Twitter comment "The Sussex’s have been #Meganmarkled"

by Anonymousreply 376April 21, 2019 3:36 PM

[quote]The BRF give second chances, look at Sophie Wessex, and if MM has any sense she’ll take it.

Well, that's settled then.

by Anonymousreply 377April 21, 2019 3:39 PM

Part of the problem?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 378April 21, 2019 3:47 PM

The Express is straightforwardly stating that the Harkles are being exiled

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 379April 21, 2019 3:53 PM

Why is Meghan not with everyone today? Plenty of women work the day before they give birth. Some go into labor at work. This is 1518. Women don’t need to be delicately hidden away unless they’re on bed rest or have a complication.

Walking and sitting through a church service isn’t too much for a pregnant woman. There is no reason for her not to be there.

by Anonymousreply 380April 21, 2019 3:57 PM

r380 Because she ripped out some of her extensions when she read today's papers and isn't photo-ready?

by Anonymousreply 381April 21, 2019 3:59 PM

R380 - My guess is that she doesn't look too photogenic these days, and second, there is so much bad blood now that she doesn't want to be around them any more than they want to be around her. They all look much more relaxed and natural today than they did at that farcical Happy Families facade they were forced to put on at Christmas. And with the news of the Africa Plan out there now, despite denials by the Palace, Meghan probably doesn't want to deal with the happy grins of the Cambriges and the Yorks at the prospect of getting rid of her.

by Anonymousreply 382April 21, 2019 4:03 PM

[quote]This is 1518.

Then off with her head!

by Anonymousreply 383April 21, 2019 4:04 PM

But R379, the article was somewhat flattering to Markle by saying she is drawing to much attention to herself at the expense of Kate.

by Anonymousreply 384April 21, 2019 4:05 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 385April 21, 2019 4:05 PM

I struggle to imagine William cares how much attention or press Dim and Megantoinette get. Popularity is irrelevant to the line of succession (and that's allowing the press was all good, which it certainly wasn't.)

My guess is this grifter has blown in a hurricane, is organ grinder to Dim's monkey, and they're just sick of her and want to nip it in the bud before she causes serious damage. This is a young woman who felt the need to be an actress - without the talent to justify being an actress - who comes from a chaotic family and broken home, from a foreign country with no understanding of her new country or apparent inclination to try. She's a threat but she's in over her head.

I believe they're trying to speed the divorce that is inevitable. Factor out everything except you've got two children of divorce married. Statistically, nothing favours their long term.

As someone who likes the institution of monarchy as structure for head of state, I feel a bit better today. The curtain is already falling on this aberration. Won't be over in a year, but well on the way to being rid of her.

Not to Crown: NO MORE AMERICAN WIVES.

by Anonymousreply 386April 21, 2019 4:10 PM

R297 Yes, Harry's problem isn't that his mother died while he was a child. His problem is that he uses his mother's death as an excuse or pretext for things he's had to deal with in life. Worse yet, Harry springboards off of his mom's death into being somehow of an expert in mental health. While his experience was tragic, it's in no way comparable to what others who have lost parents early in life and what they go through. Most people don't have the resources and tremendous public support and sympathy that he and William had. Those of us who have lost parents or siblings too young will understand that support from others really do make a difference. Too bad that Harry continue to ruminate on something that's in the past, something that he should've put into perspective and resolved whatever issues he's had stemming from it. As a mental health professional, I think it's very irresponsible for Harry to carry on about mental health, but then he's also at the same time sending out a message that past tragedies like what he'd experienced defines a person, and that a person can never fully recover from past traumas. But he's too dim to realize that, for that matter Meghan and her social worker mom Doria (another self-styled mental health expert) are supporting his propensity to live in the past. Harry needed a no-nonsense woman who would steer him back to practicality, not someone who's a devious user intent on exploiting his past trauma.

by Anonymousreply 387April 21, 2019 4:11 PM

Geez, a lot of kids have no mother and grow up in abject poverty and abuse. Dim is supposed to be coddled, sure he lost his mother but he had the entire world supporting him.

by Anonymousreply 388April 21, 2019 4:14 PM

R384 - Only Meghan's most ardent fans will see that as complimentary. She has called too much attention to herself, but in all the wrong ways, and that's kind of the point: royal work is supposed to involve calling attention to the work, not the self.

A yougov poll out in March put her at sixth in popularity in the UK, behind William and Kate and the Queen and Harry. She's actually much more popular outside the UK, especially in America. But Americans aren't paying for her lifestyle or realising that whilst she was off at The Mark in Manhattan enjoying a $500,000 baby shower, taking a private jet back, and enjoying the attention of people who didn't give her a second glance until she married royalty, 3,500 auto workers were being told they were going to lose their jobs in Swindon in England due to Honda closing the plant.

I think that the baby shower was one of the turning points for the BRF - the optics here were unbelievably bad, although I'm sure they played well in L.A. and New York. And suspicion remains that she has used her PR contacts to leak nasty stories about the Cambridges.

The Queen has probably distrusted her since Tiaragate - still totally undenied by the Palace.

by Anonymousreply 389April 21, 2019 4:16 PM

Anyone know where Doria was during the years Meghan’s dad was a single parent?

by Anonymousreply 390April 21, 2019 4:18 PM

R373 - Well, in that case, they'll come back every six months or whatever the timeframe is that keeps the application alive. Or she'll get special dispensation because she's out of the country on official business On Behalf of the Nation.

by Anonymousreply 391April 21, 2019 4:22 PM

R386 William is only human. Just because he will be POW/king one day doesn't mean he isn't jealous of his brother's popularity or concerned about being overshadowed, or that Kate doesn't feel somewhat threatened by Meghan's ease with public speaking and public appearances. However, at the end of the day, this decision wasn't William's to make, and we still don't know the real reason for the "feud."

by Anonymousreply 392April 21, 2019 4:22 PM

Andrew wishes his Mummy a Happy Birthday! Of course, even though he's an ass, he still knows the correct protocol of publicly addressing her as "HM The Queen" not like the other two rogues.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 393April 21, 2019 4:24 PM

This little guy knows how to bow to his Queen.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 394April 21, 2019 4:26 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 395April 21, 2019 4:27 PM

She made it to 93 years! My wish is that she continues to reign in good health.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 396April 21, 2019 4:29 PM

R395: in that photo I get the feeling Princess Anne just gave Dim a stern talking-to.

by Anonymousreply 397April 21, 2019 4:29 PM

R392 - I agree that this decision had to be directed downward from the top, i.e., the Queen. But that doesn't mean that William didn't register his anger with his father and HM at the impact on his wife and family, about whom he is likely fiercely protective. And Kate's public speaking is much improved these days, she looks more relaxed in her role than she has in years - she seyems to have turned a corner with the birth of the third child.

The fact is that everything Meghan and Harry do seems aimed at PR and self-aggrandisement, and it's absurd to think that the Queen hasn't noticed or that she approves, and in the end, it all goes back to her. They wanted their own court, they want to create a "brand", they wanted their own PR office completely independent of BP - for God's sake, he's sixth in line, and the two of them act like future throne occupiers.

The bottom line is, she wants to matter much more than his position gives her scope for and she just won't accept it.

by Anonymousreply 398April 21, 2019 4:30 PM

R388 Exactly my point, thank you. Apart from financial security, let's also let's not forget both he and William had loving relatives, remember the Queen Mother was still alive then. Tiggy Legge-Bourke, whom they were extremely close to (and who had weathered the wrath of a jealous Diana), also provided them with needed support.

When you compare that to most people who've lost parents early, there's no comparison at all. So for Harry to be coddled and excused for poor behaviors in the past or current, it's really a slap in the face to people who have shared in experience of parent(s) dying young. Many are too busy living their lives rather than Harry seemingly stuck in woe-is-me bullshit since he never has to worry about work or supporting himself. He fits the prototype of wealthy client in mental health clinic always bemoaning how unfair or harsh life is, when the problem is very apparent that they have too much time/ money on their hands to only ruminate on or catastrophic own perceived problems.

by Anonymousreply 399April 21, 2019 4:34 PM

Oh that's a lovely story on Yahoo R358. I especially liked the Easter flashback pictures, including a nine month pregnant Catherine, glowing. Such a shame that the Duchess of Sussex couldn't have rallied to appear on a lovely Easter Sunday to celebrate Her Majesty's birthday.

by Anonymousreply 400April 21, 2019 4:36 PM

R395, he looks like the stereotype we have of him as Dim Harry, scratching his head in confusion,

by Anonymousreply 401April 21, 2019 4:41 PM

Happy Days are here again....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 402April 21, 2019 4:42 PM

I hope the that article about meghan and Harry stealing Kates mental health idea becomes mainstream and is reported in credible news. Hope oprah is questioned.

by Anonymousreply 403April 21, 2019 4:45 PM

Hi Granny, remember me? I'm the asshole who hoisted my bitch of a wife onto our family. Did you like me giving you all the finger?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 404April 21, 2019 4:46 PM

I love this quote from R386 “This is a young woman who felt the need to be an actress - without the talent to justify being an actress”.

After all of the VERY expensive education at Northwestern, with no discernible talent , she wants to pursue acting. Ridiculous,

by Anonymousreply 405April 21, 2019 4:49 PM

R354 True. Though I can see Meghan continuing to straighten her own hair while leaving baby Sux's hair in all its natural kinky glory, just to show to the world how woke she is and how proud of her heritage etc... Don't believe for a minute that baby Sux will not have kinky hair, those hair genes are strong.

Also on the topic of hair, I'm guessing Meghan has been losing a lot of hair which, really bad skin lately, is making her feel really self-conscious about her carefully crafted image that's definitely not steeped in beauty associated with Black women. She hasn't been able to have those toxic (it's carcinogenic) straightening treatments for months now and won't be getting them until at least a week after giving birth. Hence the refusal to do public appearance without her own tightly controlled stipulations. She's probably getting a new wig ready for that moment. Actually Meghan needs to be comfortable wearing wigs in her future because part of the problem with toxic straightening treatments is that they induce hair loss with long term usage. You can already see effects of hair loss in her center/ crown area.

by Anonymousreply 406April 21, 2019 4:49 PM

Rock on, Your Majesty!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 407April 21, 2019 4:52 PM

So everyone called the Queen HM on IG but MM doesn’t? Ok.

by Anonymousreply 408April 21, 2019 4:54 PM

Re R395 It is just a moment in time, but it seems to capture the huge divide between the brothers. Harry looks uncomfortable without Meghan by his side.

by Anonymousreply 409April 21, 2019 4:58 PM

Where the hell are Charles and Camilla on the Queen's 93rd birthday.

by Anonymousreply 410April 21, 2019 4:58 PM

Even future Queens have to pull up their socks once in awhile.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 411April 21, 2019 5:00 PM

I read that they normally spend Easter in Scotland, but I would have expected them to make an exception for the Queen's 93rd birthday.

by Anonymousreply 412April 21, 2019 5:01 PM

No nanny, you say? Yeah right.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 413April 21, 2019 5:02 PM

A manny?

Will he also help Me-gain to get her body back by, ahem, 'working out' with her?

by Anonymousreply 414April 21, 2019 5:05 PM

Kate wore her wedding day earrings.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 415April 21, 2019 5:06 PM

From Enty:

“Don't believe the hype. The talk is Africa, but why is their a Palace employee accompanying a real estate agent around town in Los Angeles looking for a home in the $10M range”.

Probably total shite...where would Harry get $10m?.....but would be nice if it were true.

by Anonymousreply 416April 21, 2019 5:08 PM

R412 - I think Charles and Camilla should have been there to celebrate with the Queen. How many times over the years did her birthday fall on Easter Sunday? Also, how many more birthdays will there be able to mark with the 93-year-old Queen?

by Anonymousreply 417April 21, 2019 5:11 PM

Click on and swipe for some funny memes.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 418April 21, 2019 5:13 PM

It's strange this story broke this weekend, of all weekends. Why wouldn't The Times hold off until after the Queen's birthday?

I agree Charles should have been there, not only for the Queen, but also for his sons.

by Anonymousreply 419April 21, 2019 5:17 PM

R378 Stealing Kate's idea and initiative is one thing, but the more egregious thing Meghan/ Harry are doing is to make mental health awareness less relatable. How much do you want to bet Oprah's program will be the Sussexes and their celeb friends whinging on their own "problems". Look for a segment on healing stones and aromatherapy to better affect mental wellness. This would turn off so many people who are in actual need of mental health interventions, it's dangerous to have celebs talk drivel about mental health as if they're experts by virtue of their own experiences and extrapolating them to everyone else. It will be the height of patronizing ignorance.

by Anonymousreply 420April 21, 2019 5:17 PM

r374 I don't think you can apply for citizenship if you haven't been living in the country for the required amount of years. I could be wrong.

by Anonymousreply 421April 21, 2019 5:17 PM

Oprah is beneath the Monarchy... in the the rubbish she peddles is just... not on brand.

Look at all the stuff piling up... the jet to the baby coronation - erm, shower - in New York... about half a million in (bad) clothes... the rising suspicion she's leaking stuff like crazy (and if she was behind the William affair thing... watch out, lady.)

The news of this at this time suggests there's truth to it. They're being managed away.

by Anonymousreply 422April 21, 2019 5:22 PM

I’ve been doing a bit of research on the citizenship thing. It’s complicated but it seems.....

Normally you have to be living here for 5 years to apply. But if you’re the spouse of a Brit it’s only 3 years.

When you apply you have to have not had more than 270 days out of the country over the past 3 years, and no more than 90 days in the past 12 months.

There’s an exception to this rule.....if your spouse gets a job working for the UK government abroad, then the continual residency rule can be waived.

So....it will all depend on whether the “bespoke role” Harry gets can be classed as working for the government as to whether being out of the UK will screw up her residency requirement.

by Anonymousreply 423April 21, 2019 5:24 PM

r416 Well we don't know yet how much Harry is being paid by Oprah and Apple. I imagine it's a lot. So perhaps that's where he gets 10 Mil. to buy a house in Los Angeles.

A British prince in Los Angeles. He is such a disaster it's not even real.

by Anonymousreply 424April 21, 2019 5:24 PM

Look if they want citizenship for Megantoinette, there'll be a process to get it done. Normal rules won't apply. Jeez.

by Anonymousreply 425April 21, 2019 5:26 PM

He's so thick, it's unreal.

by Anonymousreply 426April 21, 2019 5:26 PM

That Enty piece could be true and it does make sense given what's recently transpired. What's disgusting about it, if true, is that Harry and Meghan are basically using Africa/ helping Africa under the guise of charity work, to further their own brand as posh humanitarians. Posh as in they will have their base in L.A. living in $10 million dollar home hobnobbing with LA celebs, while jetting off to Africa 2-3 times a year for photo ops. LA actually makes a lot of sense because they'll both be where Oprah is for easy filming/ production purposes. Downside is the optics of poor Thomas Markle living by himself few hours drive away from $10 million dollar mansion.

by Anonymousreply 427April 21, 2019 5:27 PM

Harry lost his mother in a very public way. He was forced to walk behind his mother’s casket. I’m sure most of his family told him, “chin up,” and that’s all he got. He also watched his mother being treated poorly by the grey suits and by most of his family. If you don’t think that takes a lifetime toll, you don’t get the reality of parental loss.

Now he sees his wife getting attacked from all directions. I’m sure it hurts the most is that his brother is part of it. I’m sure for some time he and his brother were us against the world. Well, those days are over.

(I actually don’t care about the RF, but the family dynamic is fascinating.)

So now I am TEAM SPARKLE.

by Anonymousreply 428April 21, 2019 5:28 PM

Don’t be stupid, R425. It’s on record that she’ll follow the rules. People will know instantly whether she’s broken them as the rules on citizenship & visas are available for anyone to see.

Bypassing the law is too big a risk for the BRF to take. And why would they be desperate for the old skank to be a citizen anyway?

by Anonymousreply 429April 21, 2019 5:29 PM

Of course they have $10 million to burn on a house in LA. $10 million is spare change for Apple and Oprah, they're getting paid more than that I'd venture to guess twice the amount. Oprah and Apple get a piece or royalty even if it's prince turned royal-shill and his social climber wife, to easily impressed Americans it's still royalty.

by Anonymousreply 430April 21, 2019 5:31 PM

Scottland, R410.

They apparently could not make an exception to their usual routine for the 93rd birthday of his mother.

We are learning a lot about family dynamics, no?

by Anonymousreply 431April 21, 2019 5:32 PM

Talk about stupid, R429. If they want citizenship it will be done, quietly, without anybody knowing.

Btw, it's also on record Camilla will be Princess Consort, come the day.

You really think that's gonna happen, great genius?

by Anonymousreply 432April 21, 2019 5:33 PM

R428, you've been Team Shameless Grifter before, don't bother trying to fool us.

by Anonymousreply 433April 21, 2019 5:35 PM

R428 has some points though. I think Harry sees great similarities between his mother's treatment and his wife's. The difference is he doesn't appreciate is that his mother was, though imperfect, an extremely unique person.

by Anonymousreply 434April 21, 2019 5:37 PM

R427 It works for Angelina Jolie.

by Anonymousreply 435April 21, 2019 5:37 PM

I wouldn't take anything Enty says seriously. He/she/it, whoever owns it now (Enty sold it years ago), prints whatever will get clicks - they have no real sources, just the same gossip sites the rest of us read. As for moving to a $10 million house in L.A., that would essentially mean Harry is throwing in the towel on what wouldhave been his real work on behalf of the institution for the rest of his life, which he has never wanted. He's probably wanted to see the back of it for years but didn't have the guts until he met and married the L.A. grifter. He'd be virtually exiting the family and probably waiving his rights to the succession.

He and MeAgain would just be nailing their We Wanna Be The Clooneys But With Titles flag to the mast. I doubt the Queen, Charles, or the UK taxpayer would indulge them.

So I'd ignore the Enty BI.

by Anonymousreply 436April 21, 2019 5:39 PM

Speaking of... from the Maul:

'There are discussions in palace circles about how do we harness Harry and Meghan and this tremendous global attention they get. How do we draw them back, because laying down the law and ticking them off doesn't work at all.'

The insider added that Meghan, who worked with charities including World Vision before she met Harry, envisioned herself being a global humanitarianism in the 'Angelina Jolie mould'.

I imagine she's got more in common with Angelina Jolie than most people with brains find comfortable.

by Anonymousreply 437April 21, 2019 5:41 PM

The Telegraph has a story today and most interesting:

Growing concern of tension between the two brothers was not aided today by their appearance at St George’s Chapel, Windsor, for the Easter Mattins service, where the Duke of Cambridge and Duke of Sussex did not exchange a word in view of the public.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 438April 21, 2019 5:44 PM

William suffered the same loss and family dysfunction as Harry, R428. It was arguably worse for him as he was old enough to understand what was happening and was at times a shoulder for Diana to cry on. He also had the burden of his future being predetermined. William's wife has also been attacked by the media.

by Anonymousreply 439April 21, 2019 5:52 PM

Oh Crazy, there you are, at R310 and R311 with the now double spacing on either side of your full stops (you still can’t get that right, can you, Crazy?) and completely nonsensical content.

You’re really getting use of “grifter”, Crazy - I know it’s a new word to you but grab a Thesaurus and learn another one, OK?

You need to review what you’ve bashed out with two fingers before you hit the Post button, Crazy! But keep up the good work - you’re a comic genius.

by Anonymousreply 440April 21, 2019 5:53 PM

R432 I have no idea what Camilla’s title will be. She’ll be married to the King, that much is clear.

Let me say this slowly....

The rules for getting a visa are on the government website.

Anyone paying attention can see how long Markle has lived here and how much time she spends in/out of the country (give or take the odd week).

Becoming a citizen is a matter of public record.

So “secret citizenship” is not possible - and why would anyone want that anyway?

Obviously you’re one of the twats who thinks HM is giving the nod to fraud when it comes to Markle having a surrogate, so I doubt you’ll understand a word that I’ve just written. Oh well.

by Anonymousreply 441April 21, 2019 5:54 PM

R428 is Team Celebitchy, or Planet Celebitchy, however you want to look at it.

by Anonymousreply 442April 21, 2019 5:58 PM

R428 Are you as dim as the Dim One? Losing his mom in public way was both a negative and a positive, positive being the extreme amount of public sympathy and good will that allowed him to be excused for his dumbfuckery even now. How do you know most of his family told him "chin up"? Queen mum and Tiggy were both big supports back then, on top of I'm sure Charles taking on the task as best he could. Are the BRF touchy-feely in the trite sense of the word? No. But do I believe that they did the best they could for William and Harry? Yes, from all accounts they did, and William turned out to be well-adjusted more so than Harry. If the brothers were totally left abandoned emotionally in the aftermath, you can bet it'd be both William and Harry acting out being entitled dumbasses, not just Harry.

As for " If you don’t think that takes a lifetime toll, you don’t get the reality of parental loss." GTFO with your trolling. A lot of us understand this reality more than Harry ever will, and we come out of it as well-adjusted, empathetic individuals who don't feel the need to set ourselves apart as victims, in essence using our parents' early deaths as crutches in life. Promoting mental health and awareness is not going out there scoring brownie points because poor-me-my-mum-died, it's about making people aware that one can deal with life events/ traumas with insights and move on from there.

My dad died when I was 10, my mother raised me and my older brother by herself, sometimes working 3 jobs. My brother and only sibling died last year at age 40 unexpectedly from a stroke. One of my best friends from childhood was a refugee from Vietnam, she remembers watching people assaulting her mother before kidnapping her older sister who was later (likely) sold to sex traffickers. She was never found despite the family searching for her for years, probably she's dead. My trauma and my friend's trauma could easily have provided excuses for us to be fuckups in life. But we didn't let that happen because we had supportive loved ones. All it takes is one person to support and care under trying circumstances. Harry had his family and millions of people around the world. If he can't take that goodwill and use it to resolve whatever issues he had/ has, then it's on him. It's really now just him being a whiny, entitled asshole lecturing us on how wonderful he and his bougie wife are as "humanitarians".

by Anonymousreply 443April 21, 2019 6:02 PM

R441, I loathe Megantoinette so scratch that theory, although it's evident once you've decided there shall be nothing else.

Slowly for you: if you think Charles III will settle for a Princess Consort, you've got government websites in your head.

The simple truth is this: Since Adam and Eve were in the garden there's been two sets of rules. And the reptilian Megantoinette is now of the set where the rules get bent.

But by all means you keep relying on cut and paste .com.

by Anonymousreply 444April 21, 2019 6:03 PM

I really like Kate's coat. Very elegant. As much as I love the Catherine Walker retro coats, they are really getting a bit same-y.

Lady Louise really looks like a mini-me, sadly not in a good way. Sophie often looks great, but not today.

I can't really blame the HazBeans for hitching their wagon to Oprah and the American celebs. If you can't bloom where you're planted, and evidently they can't bloom in the BRF, then why shouldn't they try to plant themselves where they think they can bloom? The only problem is money...

The minute I read that Lord Geidt had been pulled in to manage them, I thought, Watch out, HazBeans!

by Anonymousreply 445April 21, 2019 6:07 PM

I posted the original citizenship question and for what its worth, my thought was that the BRF may not want her to get citizenship. Although after thinking about it I'm not sure what difference it would make to them one way or the other.

by Anonymousreply 446April 21, 2019 6:08 PM

R445 I read that Kate wore that coat when she and Will toured Australia in 2014.

On the topic of mental health, I wonder what will become of Harry if he gives up his title and moves to the US or elsewhere with Meghan and the marriage subsequently fails. He will have been isolated from friends and family.

by Anonymousreply 447April 21, 2019 6:15 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 448April 21, 2019 6:21 PM

The dress, its pattern in particular look nice.

The hat is just another of Bea's headgear atrocities.

by Anonymousreply 449April 21, 2019 6:23 PM

R447 If Harry moves to LA, it'd be the beginning of the end of the marriage, and it could be that this is by design what Meghan wants. She knows Harry would be tempted to cheat on her, thus giving her an out from the marriage and be portrayed as victim at the same time. She'll then get the $10 million house in the divorce on top of chunk of cash and continue to be SM influencer merching to her heart's content.

Harry WILL cheat in LA, believe me. Men there are only as faithful as their options, that's the saying in LA.

by Anonymousreply 450April 21, 2019 6:28 PM

Why wouldn't Harry cheat in the UK? Apparently it's common knowledge that all the aristos cheat.

by Anonymousreply 451April 21, 2019 6:32 PM

A video of Charles as a baby.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 452April 21, 2019 6:36 PM

Is anyone feeling charitable on Her Majesty's big day? I'm having trouble posting a quote. The Post Formatting instructions say "[quote]A quote from another poster or an offsite article. Will be in the quote style until you press return twice." I type [quoted language] and press return twice, but it still shows as [quoted language]. What am I missing?

by Anonymousreply 453April 21, 2019 6:37 PM

I like Bea’s Easter outfit.

Who is Lord Geidt?

by Anonymousreply 454April 21, 2019 6:38 PM

In LA the hos will be targeting Harry from all sides in private and in public. He'll be tempted and cave in eventually because he's totally the sort to go for the LA stereotype. Look at his ex girlfriends and how they look, multiply Chelsy Davy's look by tenfold except with liposuction and fillers and you get the LA prototype.

by Anonymousreply 455April 21, 2019 6:39 PM

[quote] If Harry moves to LA, it'd be the beginning of the end of the marriage

Agreed. The Royals sometimes like to bang on about being normal... but they have no idea what normal is, not really. Even when they scale it back, it's not regular life. They are used to deference and protocol and find familiarity inappropriate.

The Duke of Windsor was miserable in private life/exile - after he threw it all away he spent the rest of his life trying to reclaim some of it. Whatever Harry thinks - and introspection doesn't strike me as a strong suit - he will not cope with a life that isn't tied to the Crown.

To say nothing of the contempt from her once he's served his purpose.

by Anonymousreply 456April 21, 2019 6:41 PM

R453 type the word quote in square brackets [ ] then paste the quoted text.

[quote] A quote from another poster or an offsite article.

See the text from your post above. I added a space.

by Anonymousreply 457April 21, 2019 6:44 PM

Harry seemed to function in the army for 10 years. Will functioned as an air rescue helicopter pilot. Andrew was in the navy. I doubt their bosses and colleagues were deferential. Certainly didn't call them Your Royal Highness.

by Anonymousreply 458April 21, 2019 6:46 PM

^ And now they're out.

by Anonymousreply 459April 21, 2019 6:47 PM

Thank you, R453.

by Anonymousreply 460April 21, 2019 6:49 PM

"[R428], you've been Team Shameless Grifter before, don't bother trying to fool us. —Anonymous reply 433”

I never posted about them before my post.

I lost a parent as a small child and I was told to get over it. My parent wasn’t famous or died in a public way. Children deal with it in different ways, including siblings, and I think as the younger son he saw it differently than William. He may also have looked at William as his protector.

A person’s grief is their grief and comparing them is not helpful or insightful.

And, if you think William is well adjusted, let me point out that half the posts are about his cheating. That whole family is a hot mess.

Why can’t I be team SPARKLE? The royal family seems to be mostly useless and lives off English taxpayers. She, at least, is more entertaining at the moment.

by Anonymousreply 461April 21, 2019 6:56 PM

Team MEgxit

by Anonymousreply 462April 21, 2019 6:59 PM

R461 Just because you were told to get over it, it doesn't mean William and Harry were told to do the same. You've applied your own experiences onto theirs, which is in direct contradiction to your own words later on "A person’s grief is their grief and comparing them is not helpful or insightful." So you're talking out of both sides of your mouth.

William is well-adjusted and more so than Harry, yes. A person can be well-adjusted and cheat on spouse, if indeed he cheated on Kate. Cheating does not fall under the jurisdiction of DSM-5 which is our bible for diagnosing mental health disorders. That's what I meant by well-adjusted mentally. Now if you want to make a case of cheating being a personal failing as opposed to well-adjusted vs. maladjusted mental state, then that's another story.

by Anonymousreply 463April 21, 2019 7:06 PM

Team I Want The Thread Back To How It Was Before The Nuts Landed In Here.

by Anonymousreply 464April 21, 2019 7:08 PM

R461 I assume you're new. This isn't a space made for consensus-building.

It's moved from being a general discussion about the BRF; to a discussion that's mostly about the Cambridges vs the Sussexes; to a discussion mostly about The Duchess of Sussex; to a haven for anti-Meghan Markle conspiracy comments.

Be on whichever team you like. Tell people who don't like your views to fuck off.

by Anonymousreply 465April 21, 2019 7:14 PM

R373, yep. It's 5 years. With a check-in at 2.5 years to make sure the marriage is still valid and meets the financial requirement.

by Anonymousreply 466April 21, 2019 7:15 PM

R461 types like a shill/troll.

R453, sorry for your loss. Agree with what you have said.

by Anonymousreply 467April 21, 2019 7:16 PM

r454 Lord Geidt is the Queen's former Principal Private Secretary. Andrew and Charles ganged up and forced the Queen to ask him to resign - I believe it was something to do with him trying to streamline offices. The Queen has brought him back, rumour is as a minder for the Harkles. He is credited as being one of the few people able to get Harry to behave. Also rumours that he is a spook (spy).

by Anonymousreply 468April 21, 2019 7:40 PM

He has a bit of a terrifying vibe. Can see why Charles and Andrew felt nervous about his power.

by Anonymousreply 469April 21, 2019 7:43 PM

Nice to know I’m a shill. If only I was getting that paycheck.

by Anonymousreply 470April 21, 2019 8:00 PM

Two videos of Her Majesty's birthday celebrations from various regiments.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 471April 21, 2019 8:15 PM

OT - It's kinda sad really to see the British Royal Family reduced to a scintillating tableau of Shakespearean level pathos. The relationship between Will and Harry is seemingly so toxic to each other, their families and the BRF, that they must be physically separated - for years. And where is Charles "take charge" leadership direction in all of this mess? Oh Right....MIA.

Suspecting the public is only seeing 1% of what's going on.

- Canadian

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 472April 21, 2019 8:31 PM

That Charlie, weak as water.

by Anonymousreply 473April 21, 2019 8:40 PM

Part of the problem too is how pared down does Charles want the BRF to be? As of now Harry is useful and so is Meghan by extension of. being married to him, but does that mean that when the Cambridge children are older the Sussexes get automatically "demoted" for lack of better term? If that's been made clear to Harry then I could see it triggering a time bomb ready to go off if given the right sort of ignition in Meghan. He. just comes across as more image-conscious and entitled than William, having grown accustomed to publicity even as he constantly denies it.

by Anonymousreply 474April 21, 2019 8:51 PM

The pared down thing is a problem... there's only so many working Royals to go around. I question the likelihood of Charles dispensing with Anne and the practicality of Charles' dispensing the Wessexes (York is he who is, but those girls are done as part of the system, if not the family.) In that sense Harry and that woman are useful, yet not if they become disliked. I can see her going down just by being her. He goes down because he's so thick he's totally on her side.

I wish there'd be new polling re. rankings of the Royal Family. It would be good to have some data. Maybe the horrible creature is actually the best thing since Diana. Doubt it, but who knows?

by Anonymousreply 475April 21, 2019 9:17 PM

If she is leaking stories attacking the Cambridges and even their children, what does a poll matter, R475?

by Anonymousreply 476April 21, 2019 9:28 PM

The stupid story about Princess Charlotte wasn't "leaked." It's the opinion of a royal commentator. These threads treat every statement about the royals as if they were uttered by the royals themselves.

The BRF's preference for making statements through courtiers plays poorly in an age of conspiracy theories. It becomes hard to get out their intended message because competing and conflicting messages are also assumed to be coming from them.

by Anonymousreply 477April 21, 2019 9:52 PM

I've scrolled back and can't see if anyone posted this? This is from People magazine

Harry and William did not speak to each other at the Queen's birthday church services. They wouldn't even stand next to each other. Harry did speak to Kate. Meghan didn't come.

Anyway, the article says there are rumors that Harry and Meghan will be sent to Africa to live. The Palace didn't dispute just said they don't comment on future plans. WHOA

by Anonymousreply 478April 21, 2019 9:52 PM

Link

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 479April 21, 2019 9:54 PM

They will be sent to Africa. We've been asked to supply a car.

by Anonymousreply 480April 21, 2019 9:54 PM

My driver is at their disposal!

by Anonymousreply 481April 21, 2019 9:55 PM

Bwaa ha ha ha ha!

by Anonymousreply 482April 21, 2019 9:56 PM

I think the move to Africa isn't an attempt to get Harry and Meghan to behave and work as the humanitarians they claim to be. I think it's an attempt to get them to break: No way, no how are they going to live in a place so far from the spotlight they both so desperately crave. They'll flee to LA and the waiting arms of Oprah before they'll ever let that happen, and that may be exactly what TPTB really want.

William's three adorable tots make Harry completely dispensable. If he'd married an acceptable wife and behaved himself, no doubt they'd have been happy to have him on board: Edward and Sophie and Anne won't live forever, and somebody has to open all those shopping malls. But if he won't be a team player, why put up with any bullshit from the sixth in line and his grifting bride?

The warning shot in this situation was the move to Frogmore. Meghan and Harry's response to being shut out of KP was the Rose Cholmondeley whispering campaign, and that really was the last straw. Branding William a cheat, TRUE OR NOT, strikes at the heart of everything the Royals have been building since Kate and William got engaged. They were finally going to have a seemingly stable, happy, photogenic young family at the center of things, something they haven't had since at least the early 80s, and the Rose story is bollixing everything up.

The Africa move is the final shot, a nuclear strike at everything Meghan and Harry are trying to build. It's classic old-school British spook: subtle, vicious, devastating. I'm not a bit surprised to hear that Geidt is ex-Intelligence.

by Anonymousreply 483April 21, 2019 10:02 PM

It is a stunning move. I'm kind of speechless. And kind of feel sorry for Harry. I don't think he thought any of this could happen. I wonder if Charles and Camilla not attending the event had anything to do with this? Surely it wouldn't happen without his consent? The Royal Family is seriously pissed.

by Anonymousreply 484April 21, 2019 10:10 PM

It’s amazing how much narcissists (like Sparkles) can fuck things up.

by Anonymousreply 485April 21, 2019 10:16 PM

I don't feel sorry for Harry. He's a spoiled, ignorant asshole who does nothing but whine, despite being one of the most privileged people on the planet. Fuck him.

by Anonymousreply 486April 21, 2019 10:17 PM

It's not just Geidt, but also "Sir David Manning former British ambassador to the US (and Israel, as well) and special adviser on constitutional and international affairs to the two princes." These men are not meddling courtiers out of their depth. They are the heavy artillery with enough experience and connections to make things happen.

[quote]Harry and William did not speak to each other at the Queen's birthday church services. They wouldn't even stand next to each other. Harry did speak to Kate.

So at Christmas, Kate spoke to both Harry and Meghan as Will uncomfortably fumbled with his scarf and Harry spoke to Kate today. It doesn't appear that Kate's the issue. Does anyone know if the siblings interacted with each other at the Attenborough premiere a couple of weeks ago? As someone mentioned upthread, we don't come even close to knowing a fraction of what is going on between the brothers. But Meghan does seem to be the catalyst. What else has changed in the span of a few years?

by Anonymousreply 487April 21, 2019 10:17 PM

Charles would have had to sign off... wouldn't be you be surprised if he hasn't been involved since the idea formed? For all our speculation we don't know a tenth of what they know on the inside, so she probably got put on the watch list as far back as tiara gate.

What amazes me is the leak. Why did they do it? Why now, right before the baby? Safe to assume the people planning this don't leak for the fun of it.

Unless Megantoinette leaked it in a bid to head it off?

by Anonymousreply 488April 21, 2019 10:19 PM

Let us ponder the BRF before MM and the BRF after the inclusion of MM. Hmmmmm. Most spectators thought the following was cute, but I thought it offered a glimpse into the Duchess' character. Who the hell did this kid think she was to tell a billion dollar company what they shouldn't be saying to advertise their own product? Meghan has a strong propensity to dictate her surroundings according to her own desire? No. I don't believe it!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 489April 21, 2019 10:19 PM

[quote]Does anyone know if the siblings interacted with each other at the Attenborough premiere a couple of weeks ago?

More importantly - how did that event time against the affair story? (I can't remember how to spell Cholomnodey or whatever the fuck it is.)

by Anonymousreply 490April 21, 2019 10:21 PM

R487, William had children in the last few years, rendering Harry's entire purpose for existing moot. Part of the issue here is an extended tantrum by the no-longer needed spare. Margaret had some of the same problems, as did Andrew. Harry spent the first 29 years of his life being told how special he was, and then he was coddled even more after Diana's death, and now he's no longer very important at all. Maybe the public likes him, but the Firm's interest follows the line of succession, and nothing else.

No wonder Meghan was able to snag Harry, with her tales of them establishing a global brand apart from the Royal Family. That must have been music to Harry's ears, the idea that he wouldn't meet the fate of other spares: his spotlight dimming further and further, his engagements growing less and less important, the press not caring about him at all unless he royally fucks up. But the way he's going, he may find himself falling farther and faster than Margaret or Andrew ever did.

by Anonymousreply 491April 21, 2019 10:23 PM

Is Harry pussy whipped?

by Anonymousreply 492April 21, 2019 10:24 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 493April 21, 2019 10:25 PM

The Sun says 4 months.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 494April 21, 2019 10:27 PM

Dimwit has been pussy-whipped for a while now, r492.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 495April 21, 2019 10:30 PM

This bit of shade from the article in the Times gives a glimpse into how some of the BRF feel about Meghan: “Some members of the royal family, no fans of Meghan, have even speculated she might one day run for president of the United States.”

by Anonymousreply 496April 21, 2019 10:32 PM

Well, if Africa is their own idea, maybe they see it as somewhere they can really have an impact. I can't stand them, but it's not the worst idea – if they're sincere, that is.

by Anonymousreply 497April 21, 2019 10:38 PM

The Meghan for Pres. notion sounds so ridiculous to us Americans to the point that I was incredulous that the RF could even think such a thing, R496. Then I stopped and thought a bit. Fuck, if Reagan and Trump can get elected and Don Jr. and Ivanka are squabbling about which Trump will run for office next, of course, they think can speculate such a thing.

by Anonymousreply 498April 21, 2019 10:42 PM

The expectation was gloves would stay on until after the christening. The timing of the article is so very curious...

I don't think SMEgs has given birth otherwise we would have seen family members talking cheerily to Harry in the spirit of congratulations at the church. Actually, I am surprised Harry even showed his face. He could just as easily have stayed home with his about to pop wife; although being rather stupid, he is probably prone to all sorts of manipulation.

by Anonymousreply 499April 21, 2019 10:44 PM

Don't be distracted by AFRICAN move duration, the **issue** is Hazbean is being controlled by BRF crisis intervention operatives. Not only humiliating, demeaning but disenfranchising MM in particular from BRF daily high profile branding activities.

by Anonymousreply 500April 21, 2019 10:46 PM

R498 I took it that they were saying she's so full of herself that she thinks it's a possibility.

by Anonymousreply 501April 21, 2019 11:10 PM

the citizenship dance is hilarious. She’ll be gone before it’s granted.

I find it interesting that Geidt and Manning are named as the architects of this “solution”. It’s pretty bold to put names to it. It’s not “palace sources”; it’s specific. Thanks to the other commenters who provided a little background. If their names mean nothing to MM, they must mean something to Harry. This is like “wait until your father gets home” and he’s pulling into the driveway...

by Anonymousreply 502April 21, 2019 11:16 PM

Wow, those pics of the family at the Easter service are very telling. The Cambridge’s look positively jubilant. Harry looks miserable for a man supposedly deeply in love and about to be a father for the first time. Meg glaringly absent.

by Anonymousreply 503April 21, 2019 11:20 PM

R499, I’m not so sure family members would be buzzing cheerfully around Harry if the FrogBaby had arrived already. If I were a family member who’d been subject to MM, I’d give Harry the requisite “Congratulations” with a smile and handshake and continue my business. I wouldn’t be fawning over the moron who subjected the family to the Markle horrorshow. No fangirling.

by Anonymousreply 504April 21, 2019 11:20 PM

Where are Charles and Camilla? Apparently, he was okay with a 2 to 3 year safari. And remember - Camilla didn't attend the wedding and she had a very lame excuse. I do think Charles does love Harry but he seems to have given up on him.

by Anonymousreply 505April 21, 2019 11:21 PM

Camilla did attend the MM/Harry wedding. She was absent from the Eugenie/Brooksbank wedding.

by Anonymousreply 506April 21, 2019 11:23 PM

Oh right R506. I got my royal weddings mixed up. Thanks. But why do you think Charles and Camilla did not attend the Queen's birthday celebration today?

by Anonymousreply 507April 21, 2019 11:25 PM

Who but Will would benefit from leaking this, especially at this time. Whoever did it has a cruel streak that rivals Meghan's.

by Anonymousreply 508April 21, 2019 11:31 PM

Frankly, I have to hand it to Harry for showing up today. It is a pretty drastic step. And Kate and William seem to be thrilled with the whole thing.

by Anonymousreply 509April 21, 2019 11:37 PM

[quote]Frankly, I have to hand it to Harry for showing up today.

Harry did it or else, r509.

- DoS

by Anonymousreply 510April 21, 2019 11:49 PM

I swear I’ve read about the Sussexes looking at properties in LA before. Maybe a few months ago? And the property was $5 million.

by Anonymousreply 511April 21, 2019 11:56 PM

I think the property thing is her fishing. Like the 36 million divorce settlement that was mooted some time back.

by Anonymousreply 512April 22, 2019 12:17 AM

Divorce settlement already? They have only been married months.

by Anonymousreply 513April 22, 2019 12:48 AM

Was just watching a clip on CNN and someone who doesn’t follow the royals at all said “she looks like Chris Kattan.”

The mugging, askew headwear, tendril...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 514April 22, 2019 12:54 AM

The $37m was mooted around various interwebs gossip / blind items sites. Made it to New Idea which I am aware is not reputable but it's the only place that I can find it being mentioned. I know I saw it elsewhere.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 515April 22, 2019 12:54 AM

A "secondment" of four-six months is basically giving the Sussexes an extremely expensive vacation on the UK taxpayers' backs (because it's "official" work) that will mean little to nothing either to the Sussexes or the BRF in real terms. HazBean will be beautifully housed, fed, served, and clothed while packing in some glamping with the baby and the nanny in tow, whilst building up their photo album of Humanitarian Works. If the BRF is doing it to let the PR wars calm down, those wars will start up again the moment Meghan is back on UK soil. She can't control herself and the media can't control itself.

There was no $36 million divorce settlement discussed, that was a Globe article, I believe. They make stuff up out of whole cloth, and that's basically what Harry is worth on paper. They've been married one year and have one child. She'd be lucky to wring $10 million out of the BRF, who learned a thing or two from the Diana and Charles debacle.

The real question is, is this a mutual arrangement on the part of the BRF and Harry ("Tell you what: you give us a nice long well-paid job in Botswana where we can at last do our own thing, and we'll leave the UK territorty to William and Kate") or was it really the BRF booting them out and is the media just spinning the "Just what Harry and Meghan have wanted all along "! "They're afraid she'll be bigger than Diana that's why they're sending them off!" - or did HazBean really come to some agreement with the BRF as the Queen put her foot down about the PR wars and Meghan's instransigence?

As always, the question is, Cui bono? Is it everyone or really the Cambridges?

by Anonymousreply 516April 22, 2019 12:55 AM

I think this could backfire. Paps will follow them to Africa and there may be many wonderful photos and stories of their selfless work (remember Diana and the land mines). If they play this right, H and M could become humanitarian leaders while Will and Kate just swan around. I think Kate is probably smart enough to see the possibilities here.

by Anonymousreply 517April 22, 2019 1:04 AM

R516, I don’t believe Meghan would want to ship off to Botswana. Ever. She’s about to embark on a whirlwind of coy mommyhood. She doesn’t want to leave London’s cameras behind. There are only so many posts they can make on their IG account. She needs the daily appearance on the tabloid covers.

So I don’t think the Sussexes approached the BRF with that offer. It’s possible, but ehhh.

by Anonymousreply 518April 22, 2019 1:05 AM

Batswana? With a newborn baby?

by Anonymousreply 519April 22, 2019 1:07 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 520April 22, 2019 1:11 AM

It's a power play between Sussex's and Cambridge's. This is just getting started.

by Anonymousreply 521April 22, 2019 1:18 AM

[quote] As for Bea, I wonder if her new beau (a builder/designer type who favors sleek, modern, minimalist interiors with lots of white and neutrals) will influence her style of dress?

Let's hope he suggests this to her.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 522April 22, 2019 1:21 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 523April 22, 2019 1:27 AM

Dearest Megs,

Take your “brand” and stick it where the sun don’t shine.

by Anonymousreply 524April 22, 2019 1:33 AM

It's evident that the feud is between the brothers, with Kate thrown into the mix for good measure. Kate appears to be the mediator at this point seeing as she's still making an effort with Harry. Kate is the one who comes out of this looking the best, she doesn't have a petty or mean bone in her unlike the other three parties involved. I'm sure with her past history of being bullied factored into it as well. Meghan with her history of ghosting or tossing people aside, well it's clear now now she's the source of the problem. Don't believe this Africa discussion came about past few days, I'm guessing it's something that's put aside as Plan B, as in slash and burn then start anew with new seeds. Plan A was containment e.g. give Sussexes time to calm down with their antics.

The juicy part is what might have transpired between Suxxes and William? Some serious shit went down and they were able to trace it back to the Suxxes. Did William plant story about Rose to them to test their loyalty in not spreading false rumors? It's sad that the brothers were once close and yet here's Meghan causing strife in relationships as only a narcissist can do.

by Anonymousreply 525April 22, 2019 1:47 AM

Preach, R525.

by Anonymousreply 526April 22, 2019 1:48 AM

Please, please, please, may this woman go away.

Not long ago, no one knew who she was, and, we were good.

by Anonymousreply 527April 22, 2019 1:49 AM

[quote] What's the point of having beautiful glossy hair if you can't keep it sleek and open or do sexy French-girl hair?

Because they're royalty. They set the fashions; they do not follow them.

by Anonymousreply 528April 22, 2019 1:51 AM

And R525, about the Rose affair rumour being a plant. But unlikely though because of the Giles Coren tweet,

by Anonymousreply 529April 22, 2019 1:51 AM

Not sure that William would start a rumor that would hurt his wife and her friend. Maybe he would.

It seems to me that MM was identified as a problem early on, but the BRF was optimistic and didn’t realize how bad she was going to be. It’s a rescue mission now, to save Harry and his heir.

It’s getting good.

by Anonymousreply 530April 22, 2019 1:57 AM

The “Sussex’s”? The “Cambridge’s”?

And dear God in Heaven - the “Suxxes”?

I swear some of the posters on these threads were raised in caves.

by Anonymousreply 531April 22, 2019 2:00 AM

R529, thought he had ties to Soho? Not sure I consider that tweet organic. It certainly had the effect of greatly amplifying the story and I do not believe in coincidences.

What was the timeline between the sex tape story and the Rose story?

by Anonymousreply 532April 22, 2019 2:06 AM

"R531 Sux" is an American slang for sucks as in this movie sucks. Add an extra X as homage to the entitled titled royal couple and you get the Suxxes.

by Anonymousreply 533April 22, 2019 2:07 AM

FWIW, Giles Coren is a known piece of work. Not saying he had no insider info, I have no idea if he did or not but he's a gossipy, angry bitch and it wouldn't be at all out of character for him to tweet out what he did based on nothing but his own pissiness.

by Anonymousreply 534April 22, 2019 2:11 AM

William is the only one who benefits and he has the male Spencer cruel streak. Kate does what ever he tells her. She's not influential.

Remember Diana's father, who's first wife "bolted" and the brother has been cruel to both of his previous two wives. Plus, there's a strong resemblance between William and his grandpa Spencer.

by Anonymousreply 535April 22, 2019 2:17 AM

Kate is always publicly and obviously trying to bridge the gap between the brothers. Of all these messy people, she comes out looking the best. I don't think she likes Meghan, but she realizes the importance of the brothers being there for each other.

by Anonymousreply 536April 22, 2019 2:19 AM

Kate comes from a close and happy family, by all accounts. It would logically trouble her to see the the brothers at odds. Plus, they were a trio of sorts for awhile.

I said it upthread, I will say it again: Megantoinette is playing that dimwit like a violin. I almost feel sorry for him. This foreigner from a broken home doesn't even know what she's doing, though it is obvious she knows what she wants. The sooner it's all done the better, but sooner seems a few years away. It's his fault, really... he married her. Though I have no doubt he saw only what she wants him to see.

by Anonymousreply 537April 22, 2019 2:28 AM

William does NOT benefit from the Rose story, are you mental? It goes against every bit of the image that has been carefully created by the BRF to underlie his reign - that of a strong, stable, loving young family.

And to somehow try to smear him by invoking the family of his dead mother is daft.

Your post smacks of Me-Gain PR tactics.

by Anonymousreply 538April 22, 2019 2:34 AM

It is baffling, R534, why his tweet was treated as if it was carved on a stone tablet. He has ties to Soho. Something in the milk is not clean re: that story and how it was put out in the public sphere.

by Anonymousreply 539April 22, 2019 2:36 AM

I did not know that Coren was Soho adjacent . His tweet sounded very insider so that’s why it is repeated as gospel.

by Anonymousreply 540April 22, 2019 2:39 AM

Giles Coren is just another nepotism-based Sunday newspaper journo-hack. He comes from a Hampstead journalist family, who got him all his first gigs, then he maintained his job by being 'shocking'.

He is no Royal insider - he's a seriously alcoholic food and wine reviewer who is known for alienating friend after friend. He's exactly the sort of phony snob that the BRF would run normally a mile from if they found themselves so much as in the same building. His sister Victoria they would probably like, but that's only because she is on an 'intellectual' gameshow, has never put a foot wrong, and is married to a 'national treasure' comedian. Polar opposite of the mess that is GC. Probably why she is never seen with him.

by Anonymousreply 541April 22, 2019 2:55 AM

I don't get how William the cheater is somehow the victim in this? But he seems to be quite convinced that he is. Talk about entitled.

by Anonymousreply 542April 22, 2019 3:03 AM

That's because you're too incredibly naive to understand that those "cheating" stories are nothing more than Meghan's ridiculous attempt at going after the Cambridges. I know y'all aren't very bright over there at celebitchy but do try to keep up.

by Anonymousreply 543April 22, 2019 3:08 AM

I posted this on a few other threads—So this is the original poster of the Cambridges going through a “rough patch.” Got a little more info... not a ton, but interesting. BTW my contact is NOT connected to the Sussexes, in case you’re wondering.. A different angle altogether. The Cambridges are still in the middle of the rough patch, with things not really better, but not worse either. The interesting tidbit I got was that William could be “difficult and stubborn” and Kate tries to be very accommodating when he’s being difficult. That’s it folks.

by Anonymousreply 544April 22, 2019 3:12 AM

It's no use, r543, the Megstans only see one thing in Meghan: her skin colour. They are bald-faced racists who will excuse absolutely ANYTHING Meghan does the same way a Klan member will excuse any white person, no matter what they do. The Megstans are the real racists here and there is no more point talking to them than there is in talking to any other blind racist.

by Anonymousreply 545April 22, 2019 3:13 AM

Part 40 is up when this shit show hits 600

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 546April 22, 2019 3:16 AM

Hahaha still trying to sell Giles Coren as a fount of knowledge i see. Good luck with it.

by Anonymousreply 547April 22, 2019 3:22 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 548April 22, 2019 4:37 AM

Why does Harry hate his family so much? I thought that they were to be the family Rach never had?

How did it come to this? So quickly?

And, of course, wet Charles is nowhere to be seen, leaving everything on his mother and William.

by Anonymousreply 549April 22, 2019 4:42 AM

Me-Gain looked to having a loving family as a child, as did Harry.

Thanks to MeMe, what will their child have? Oprah?

by Anonymousreply 550April 22, 2019 4:44 AM

Thank goodness for all you posters who see Coren for what he really is. That guy will say anything when he’s drunk.

by Anonymousreply 551April 22, 2019 4:48 AM

How do we feel about body language experts? Always seemed like a bullshit racket to me.

by Anonymousreply 552April 22, 2019 4:51 AM

For those who think the HazBeans have been condemned to live in mud huts in the jungle - I don't think so! Do you think Chelsy Davy lives in a mud hut? Rich people can have a ball in Africa, in the right places of course.

by Anonymousreply 553April 22, 2019 5:15 AM

Bears repeating:

Birth will be announced on Prince Louis' 1st birthday (23rd) As having occurred on the 21st (HMTQ's birthday) With official photos released on the 29th (William & Catherine's anniversary) And first public appearance on Charlotte's birthday (May 3rd)

by Anonymousreply 554April 22, 2019 5:19 AM

Meg wasn’t at church because she was at home delivering the baby by herself. She’s Superwoman!

by Anonymousreply 555April 22, 2019 5:24 AM

r554 You know, I think you might be onto something there

by Anonymousreply 556April 22, 2019 5:26 AM

37 million pounds for M when she divorces PH ? I don’t think Charles is gonna pay that amount of money for a woman who was a pain in the ass from the beginning . Princess Diana only got 20 million pounds and she was married to the heir for 15 years and was the mother of the future heir . Bwaahaha when M gets 1 or 2 million pounds that would be more than sufficiënt .

by Anonymousreply 557April 22, 2019 6:57 AM

r554, if you’re right, it would be straight out open war, wouldn’t it? I get the feeling Meghan always lived with raging drama circling around her.

If she and Harry are really humanitarians, they should welcome securing a place in Africa. It sounds perfect actually and fits the “brand.” So let’s see if they’re willing to walk the talk.

by Anonymousreply 558April 22, 2019 7:01 AM

L.A. is where this woman wants to eventually be, not London and not Botswana. When she can swan back into town, having morphed into a fucking Duchess, and rule the world. You think I'm kidding, but I'm perfectly serious. All the connections she'll need to put her plans for world dominance into play are in that town.

by Anonymousreply 559April 22, 2019 7:04 AM

Africa could be great for them. Every interaction with needy locals a photo op to promote their "brand", but no paps circling around like buzzards. If they are near a place with wealthy locals or rich expats, social life could be excellent.

I mean, what are the options? Living at Frogmore with the planes buzzing overhead, no great patronages or galas, no red carpet, lots of senior care homes up north in the rain, British public getting increasingly angry at her inevitable faux pas, in-laws with the knives permanently out for her....have I left anything out?

Or of course she could try to go back to acting or yachting.

by Anonymousreply 560April 22, 2019 7:19 AM

I think this story was floated out as a ruse to distract from the recent stories about William's affair. There is probably some kernel of truth in this story, but it was leaked this week as chum for the gossip papers.

by Anonymousreply 561April 22, 2019 8:02 AM

When M announces the birth at Prince Louis birthday she will squander any of the goodwill left for her .i don’t think so ! And showing the pics of her baby at W and K anniversary a big no no ! They can move out of the BRF immediatly when they do so .

by Anonymousreply 562April 22, 2019 8:22 AM

Is that what they're saying over at Celebitchy, r561? You do realize that there were two courtiers' names attached to this plan in the Times report about 3 years banishment. Names are never, ever named unless it's thisclose to being a very firm plan. But, believe what you like. I think it's fun to watch all the Megstans make up fictions for themselves to explain away all the stories about Meg's horrible behavior, and explain away all the negative comments about her online.

by Anonymousreply 563April 22, 2019 9:56 AM

I do too, R563. They're so adamant, so trusting, so naive.

by Anonymousreply 564April 22, 2019 10:05 AM

Question for the posters in all these BRF threads - would you ever want to be friends with any of these people? If so, who, and why? It is plain to me that many of them are dull or obnoxious.

by Anonymousreply 565April 22, 2019 10:29 AM

I think theyre all assholes but I think what Harry and meghan are trying to do and what they want their stans to believe is that william is the villain (I can believe he's stubborn and mean) and that means Harry and meghan are hero and saints and fighting against Williams nefarious ways. Whereas HM are just as bad.

It's seems so clear that William and Harry were fine and close but as soon as meghan is in the picture, there's tension. And meghan is the issue. If it was the other way round, these people would have no problem blaming Kate.

by Anonymousreply 566April 22, 2019 11:16 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 567April 22, 2019 11:22 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 568April 22, 2019 11:25 AM

I note that Frogmore was a gift from HM to the Sussexes. If so, can they sell it, now that it's had such an extensive upgrade courtesy of the taxpayers? I wonder what it would be worth. Then they could buy a place in London or LA, no problem.

by Anonymousreply 569April 22, 2019 11:30 AM

Charles is dropping H&M in the grease. I believe he's thrown up his hands in despair and has simply decided to walk away from it/them. He'll let William and Queenie and their advisors sort it out, which is so annoyingly typical. God, that man is weak.

by Anonymousreply 570April 22, 2019 11:34 AM

They'll never be able to get Smegz into Toad Hall. She won't live there because it's beneath her.

by Anonymousreply 571April 22, 2019 11:36 AM

r569 Frogmore is a loan, so are any of the Queen's possessions she may have 'gifted' them. They are responsible for the upkeep and infrastructure, but nothing that comes from the Queen aside from the Sovereign Grant cash allowance is theirs to keep. She can take it back at any time. If she decides they are out by three o'clock today, for example, then that's it - they're out by three. If they, say, refused to leave, they could be taken by the Queen's guard. She wouldn't ever do that, but just to give you an idea.

by Anonymousreply 572April 22, 2019 11:38 AM

Frogmore is part of Windsor Great Park, which is part of the Crown Estate. It cannot be sold.

by Anonymousreply 573April 22, 2019 11:44 AM

R565, I’d like to get drunk with Camilla and hear all the gossip.

by Anonymousreply 574April 22, 2019 11:46 AM

So Her Maj is an Indian Giver. Typical of rich people...

by Anonymousreply 575April 22, 2019 11:48 AM

I wouldn't mind spending a few hours with Fergie. We could have a few laughs.

by Anonymousreply 576April 22, 2019 11:49 AM

Huh? Frogmore was never given to the Markles, racist R575. They own no property anywhere.

Chaz has washed his hands of H&M? Very good, Sirs Geidt and Manning, with Will steering the goodbye party, sounds excellent.

by Anonymousreply 577April 22, 2019 11:51 AM

In that video of MM as a kid stating that, essentially, women should not be counted on to do womanly things unless of course she elects to do those things of her own accord, I find her values in this regard to be self-serving and a great deal unrealistic. It all goes back to girls being able to ride both a girl's and boy's bike, yet if the boy rode the girl's bike he was teased for it. What that kid is really saying in that video is that women can do whatever the fuck they want while its the MEN who have to stick rigidly to the prescribed behavior for "manliness." That chick has been SERIOUS about her feminism since childhood. Poor Harry doesn't know what he got himself into with this one. AND....AND she's a Leo female? Oh good God! I guess it will be no surprise when we see poor Harry sporting this contraption in the coming months - HAHA!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 578April 22, 2019 11:54 AM

I don't believe that Frogmore has been renovated at all. In the Charles at 70 programme, he and the Queen were talking about it ( the Queen kept saying " it's very small, very small" ) and they were talking about it getting painted. Interior work was a paint job. Nothing more, I believe.

by Anonymousreply 579April 22, 2019 11:56 AM

I don't either, R579. Nothing has happened there, and nothing will happen there.

by Anonymousreply 580April 22, 2019 11:59 AM

I am certain, r579, that it is now been made as luxurious as humanly possible. And in the worst possible SoHo House taste. It only took 3 million pounds (5 million dollars) to get it Meg-ready.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 581April 22, 2019 12:00 PM

About Giles Coren. Not only is he a nasty drunk, but he is Cotswolds set. Not Norfolk set. Nowhere near the land of the Turnip Toffs. In an interview, he spoke of living in the Cotswolds. [quote] They do drugs and sleep with each other’s wives. I don’t know why they do that in the Cotswolds instead of Notting Hill; but that’s what they do. And they’re lovely. They’re not lovely but they’re fine. The man is a moron. Basically in one sentence he brought down not only Soho Farmhouse , which he has strong links to, but the whole of Chipping Norton. On returning to the article in question, I can now guess that he was drunk when being interviewed.

by Anonymousreply 582April 22, 2019 12:09 PM

R565 - Of all of them I'd probably be friends with Phil, Camilla and HM. HM for fun nights in watching GOT or whatever, getting a little tipsy. Camilla and Phil for longer and more serious conversation (and gossip). Charles might be good value as a dinner guest. None of the younger royals seems interesting AT ALL. William, if he trusts you, strikes me as capable of being a HUGE gossipy bitch so that could be fun. Kate seems like she would just want to talk about her kids. Meg isn't the type who can have a conversation, she's just the type who needs an audience for whatever persona she's wearing that night, which is super boring for the audience, and Harry just seems too fucking dumb to live. Yuge is rumoured to be charming but neither York girl seems very interesting so the olds it is.

by Anonymousreply 583April 22, 2019 12:09 PM

I'd be willing to wager that she's already started verbally abusing him months ago. Women like MM don't just assert dominance, rather their aim to to acquire it no holds barred and operate from that attained stand-point in relationships. They think they know everything and they always know best. She will exploit his weaknesses against him. She's probably methodically chipping away at his self-esteem by design. "Harry, you're such a dumb-ass!"

by Anonymousreply 584April 22, 2019 12:10 PM

Couldn't get my quote in properly, ha, but it's there.

by Anonymousreply 585April 22, 2019 12:10 PM

Agreed R582. Giles Coren just seems to be a deeply unpleasant human being. One where his class doesn't matter, and I would be surprise if he was well liked no matter who his 'set' was. That said, you are correct that his set is not the Will and Kate set at all. Totally different part of the country. Coren is running with posh media types etc. Tbh I don't like his apparently beloved sister much more. She's better value than he is, entertaining and witty, but she's got a bit too much of the Imperious Head Girl about her for my liking.

by Anonymousreply 586April 22, 2019 12:13 PM

Keep it up Sparkles, so that the divorce comes sooner rather than later. At that point Harry will come back to his family in a way that will make the current knives that are out for you now appear dull.

by Anonymousreply 587April 22, 2019 12:15 PM

That Enty blind about LA....I think that could have come from MM herself. I thought the voiceover one ( Five million quid to voiceover an animated kids film ) also came from her, trying to force the RF's hand, by getting it out there.

by Anonymousreply 588April 22, 2019 12:15 PM

Oh no don't get me wrong, r586, Victoria Coren is insufferable. I was merely saying the Royals wouldn't run screaming from her the way they would from her 'shock-jock' alky brother.

by Anonymousreply 589April 22, 2019 12:15 PM

Ewwww. I thought Giles Coren was kind of cute in that show he did with Sue Perkins. Fuck. I have the worst taste in men.

by Anonymousreply 590April 22, 2019 12:21 PM

Eh, it happens.

by Anonymousreply 591April 22, 2019 12:22 PM

What’s with the “Giles Coren is a cunt” stuff? So what? That does not mean that everything out of his mouth can’t be trusted.

Ad hominem: “is a fallacious argumentative strategy whereby genuine discussion of the topic at hand is avoided by instead attacking the character, motive, or other attribute of the person making the argument“.

In other words...it’s a stupid, illogical way of addressing an issue. Beloved of cretins everywhere.

by Anonymousreply 592April 22, 2019 12:25 PM

You're not English and know people who went to school with him and seen him at parties, have you, r592?

by Anonymousreply 593April 22, 2019 12:27 PM

"What a perfect opportunity, with a new life, a new child, a new opportunity, a marriage only a year old, to propel forward whatever service that the the Duke and Duchess can gift to the Queen in her new birthday year.”

Such spin on the Africa move in the Express, hahaha.

by Anonymousreply 594April 22, 2019 12:35 PM

I for one don’t mind Eugenie and Jack to do some work for the royal family . I like her better than Meghan and Harry . And If H and M move to Africa they’re gonna need someone to do public events and HM loves her . She is used to be in public . So you don’t need her to learn protocol and all the rules .

by Anonymousreply 595April 22, 2019 12:35 PM

Yikes!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 596April 22, 2019 12:37 PM

R529 - "O Kate, nice customs curtsy to great kings. Dear Kate, you and I cannot be confined within the weak list of a country's fashion. We are the makers of manners."

by Anonymousreply 597April 22, 2019 12:39 PM

R574 - If her aspect is anything to go by, she's likely to drink you under the table and pry out all your family skeletons before you cay say, HazBean?

by Anonymousreply 598April 22, 2019 12:42 PM

R569 - Forgmore isn't the Queen's to give, except as a residence to live in, it is part of the Crown Estates, whose revenues go back into the Sovereign Grant to support the costs of the monarchy. She can "give" Anmer Hall to the Cambridges because it is her personal property on the Sandringham estate, which is also her propertly, as is Balmoral and its 40,000 rich acres of timber and game. But Frogmore isn't hers, any more than Kensington Palace is. She has the power to loan it to anyone as a lifetime residence, but that's all.

Meghan and Harry have nothing, in fact, that's their own. That's part of the problem. Everything they have comes from the Fount of All Good Things, the Sovereign and her Heir. Meghan in one year of entering the institution led by said Fount, assumed she could bite the hands that are feeding her with impunity, and thus has left her husband and child open to the wrath of the people (like his father, and the elder brother the next heir to the wealth of the Duchy of Cornwall and then the Duchy of Lancaster as King) who will be way ahead of her husband in 20 years.

by Anonymousreply 599April 22, 2019 12:48 PM

r599 is on point

by Anonymousreply 600April 22, 2019 12:50 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!