Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Game of Thrones - SPOILERS Part II

Please share any spoilers.

*Read at your own peril*

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 602May 6, 2019 6:27 PM

Part I

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1April 20, 2019 5:39 AM

This is a rumor, spoiler for episode 3.

Per a rumor, Cersei sends the Golden Company north to mop up the Northern forces after their battle with the AOTD (Episode 3). The Golden Co. waits until the AOTD is defeated and attacks Winterfell.

Unfortunately, the Night King knows about dividing his forces and his main force attacks the Golden Company during a siege of WF and cuts them to pieces. The WW overrun WF and survivors flee.

Cersei is left without troops after Ep. 3. The NK's way to KL is open. Another stupid Cersei plan that backfired.

As for the GC - suckers!

by Anonymousreply 2April 20, 2019 11:50 PM

Episode 2 preview

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3April 21, 2019 12:25 AM

I’m loving Dany vs Sansa!

by Anonymousreply 4April 21, 2019 12:31 AM

Jaime in trouble ?

by Anonymousreply 5April 21, 2019 12:33 AM

Ep 3 will be the massive Battle of Winterfell, apparently the longest battle ever shot for television or film.

by Anonymousreply 6April 21, 2019 12:41 AM

Prediction 1 - Jon and Daenerys will, as the surviving Targaryen heirs, become royal consorts, the Song of Ice and Fire. They don’t have to fall in love (ew, she’s his aunt!). But their lives will affect the fate of the 7 kingdoms.

Prediction 4 - Daenerys will not live long at Kings Landing as her home. Daenerys will head north of the wall in order to do battle with the Others.

Prediction 5 - Daenerys will sacrifice herself to save the 7 kingdoms from the Night King and the Others, as her noble duty and higher calling.

Prediction 6 - In the end, Daenerys will not be the one to sit on the Iron Throne. It will be someone from the North that will be sitting on the throne. It might be Jon. Or it might be Sansa.

Daenerys’ visions and premonitions are preparing her to meet Jon, and her higher calling, a destiny north of the wall, if she chooses it.

Daenerys’ visions in GOT gives lots of metaphors symbols that have powerful foreshadowing.

So here are the vision and premonition details shown in GOT, broken down:

In Daenerys’ first vision at the House of the Undying, she goes through a door, and, upon opening it, the very first thing she sees on the far wall is the of the palace, a symbol of Ice and Fire. This metaphor tells us a couple of things, at least:

In the wintery part of the dream she doesn’t turn away. Dany keeps on going, something unseen and strong pulls her forward. She feels it. She heard something calling.

This is another symbol that she continues to move forward through storms/war, not clearly seeing the outcome, bit still she moves with deliberateness and purpose because of a “calling.” More foreshadowing for Prediction 5.

Mysteriously and intentionally, by powers unseen, Daenerys finds a Dothraki hut, her home in the middle of the storm. This foreshadows her “coming home” in the middle of a storm.

As a premonition this prepares Dany that going North will bring her closer to “home” because of the duty she will fulfill in the North.

In the hut, Daenerys finds her beloved Khal Drogo and her son alive and well.

This place represents home and a place of happiness. The “coming home” could represent her passage into the night lands.

But Dany tears herself away from the vision of loved ones to leave and find her baby dragons. This foreshadows that D will sacrifice her desires and ambition to rule in order to serve a higher purpose. Prediction 5.

This sacrifice will be all the easier because she won’t be afraid to die, believing that happiness lies on the other side of the veil.

And as per Prediction 5. I will expound a little, taking it from the other symbols and “coincidences” that crop up in the series and the books.

So far, the visions, clues and our hunches have established that Jon and Daenerys’ lives intertwine as THE Song of ice and Fire. Together they will save the 7 kingdoms.

But now, we get to where Dany is called to fulfill a higher purpose out of noble love for the subjects within the 7 kingdoms…

This is where the talk of the Prince who is promised and the return of the Azor Ahai comes in. The legend of Azor Ahai and his wife Nissa Nissa foreshadow Jon and Daenerys’ fate together and how they save the world.

It will be Daenerys’ magical, pure royal, blood sacrifice that consecrates and empowers Jon to save the kingdom from overwhelming, supernatural powers. Jon is the son of Ice and Fire and is Azhor Ahai, all over again.

Daenerys is Mhysa, Myhsa!

The scene where her people call to her “Myhsa! Myhsa!” creates a rhyme to Nissa Nissa. This is NOT a coincidence in the world of GOT’s meticulously crafted settings, dialogues and scenes.

Daenerys’ visions will prepare her fully for such a sacrifice. She will not turn away from this duty and will be prepared to sacrifice herself willingly to save the 7 kingdoms.

Jon can only defeat the Night King and white walkers because of Daenerys’ magic and power, her life, consecrating the “flaming sword,” Lightbringer, literal or not.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7April 21, 2019 12:42 AM

Prediction 6.

The bitter-sweet ending GRRM has promised his ASOIAF and GOT fans will come through her death and the victory over the winter threat.

With Dany’s sacrifice in death, she will not sit on the throne. And it might not be Jon either. They both might die to save the 7 kingdoms. Bitter. Very bitter.

After all, the book series is called The Song of Ice and Fire. And the stained glass window represents the Song of Ice and Fire and the 7 kingdoms.

In this seeming minor GOT S1E1 scene, Varys and Little Finger face each other off as under-handed players in the Game of Thrones. It could be a foreshadowing as to what the last pieces on the game board are going to be, so to speak.

By season 6 we know that Varys is working to get a Targaryen back on the Iron Throne. And that Little Finger is working to pull everyone off of the throne to put himself there, and is now smitten with Sansa Stark promising her power and glory, some sort of twisted displacement of his un-requieted love for her mother Caitlyn.

With the snow-in-the-throne-room scene, and the possibility that it will take the magical alliance of the Song of Ice and Fire (Jon and Dany) to defeat the powerful wintry enemy… plus everything else we suspect and know, we might end up seeing Sansa sitting on the Iron Throne in the end.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8April 21, 2019 12:44 AM

Cersei Lannister From 'Game Of Thrones' Is Based On A Real-Life Evil Queen

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9April 21, 2019 1:36 AM

Loved the posters on the first thread but opting out for now. I am afraid this season is going to be unexceptional and I don’t want spoilers to confirm it. Wishing everyone happy viewing!

by Anonymousreply 10April 21, 2019 2:05 AM

That fat guy that gossiped to Jon Sno asking if Daenerys would sacrifice her crown for her people will get an answer soon enough. Daenerys’ will make the ultimate sacrifice!

by Anonymousreply 11April 21, 2019 4:32 AM

I was re-watching the episode "The Door". This is the episode where Hodor dies. it's also the episode that features the spiral pattern that we see at the end of season eight episode one "Winterfell".

Even though I've watched this scene a half dozen times I noticed something tonight that I had not noticed before.

In the background of one of the shots is the same "arrowhead" mountain peak that the Hound sees in his fire vision.

I had not realized that the children of the forest were that far north of where the wall would be built.

by Anonymousreply 12April 21, 2019 6:28 AM

Good catch! Arrowhead Mtn may be critical to the denouement. According to a rumor, Jon's Valyrian Steel sword(Longclaw) shatters when fighting the NK in WF. The heroes leave WF not knowing how the Night King and his army can be defeated. However, Bran reveals the existence of the "heart of winter" as the source of the NK's power.

The rumor alleges that Jon and/or Dany fly north and destroy the "heart of winter" (the altar where the WW converted Craster's baby) and an adjacent weirwood tree. This makes the Night King vulnerable. In this rumor, several heroes go at the NK and Arya is the one that finally kills him with her Valyrian steel dagger.

by Anonymousreply 13April 21, 2019 7:47 AM

Episode 2 has leaked. Spoilers galore in the usual places.

by Anonymousreply 14April 21, 2019 5:35 PM

Yeah, and someone's claimed to have seen episode three. This link includes the deaths in the Battle of Winterfell.

Everyone on the list I expected. But I also expected one or two more main characters. Guess they'll die later.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15April 21, 2019 6:24 PM

Arya and Gendry are gonna fuck in episode 2. Good for her, get that dick.

by Anonymousreply 16April 21, 2019 6:27 PM

Just watched episode 2. Another reunion/exposition ep. It would've been cool to get another 30 minutes or so here- there's just so many characters and so much going on we only get a few minutes with each. All of it takes place in Winterfell.

Podrick is definitely dying next week- he got some good screen time in ep 2 and even had a song, haha.

Jorah too. He encouraged Dany to make up with Sansa and show Tyrion she valued him. Also had a chat with Lyanna and got a sword from Sam. See ya, J.

by Anonymousreply 17April 21, 2019 7:33 PM

The Theon/Sansa reunion in E02 brought a tear to my eye. Are those two going to end up together?

by Anonymousreply 18April 21, 2019 8:11 PM

The major and minor deaths in the battle of Winterfell (E03) have leaked as well. Check the justwondered1 twitter account.

by Anonymousreply 19April 21, 2019 8:24 PM

Ep 2 was terrific. Loved it. Brienne and Jaime *tears up*

by Anonymousreply 20April 21, 2019 8:28 PM

I don't even care about Jon/Aegon and Dany... I'm here for Sansa + Theon, and Jaime + Brienne

by Anonymousreply 21April 21, 2019 8:43 PM

I'm here for Sansa, Arya, little Miss Mormont, Theon and Brienne.

by Anonymousreply 22April 21, 2019 9:15 PM

I don't see how Theon can survive. He's pretty much volunteered for the most dangerous job: guarding Bran as the Night King goes after him.

by Anonymousreply 23April 21, 2019 9:20 PM

Gendry got some--which means he'll be killed in episode 3. I bet he is turned into a wight and he's the one who chases Arya in that scene from the trailer.

by Anonymousreply 24April 21, 2019 9:20 PM

Jaime and Brienne are my favorites, one of the best arcs in the show

by Anonymousreply 25April 21, 2019 9:36 PM

That's all the spoilers we have...really?

by Anonymousreply 26April 21, 2019 9:37 PM

Jaime is beautiful but I want giant ginger babies so Jaime must die so Briennmund can be born.

by Anonymousreply 27April 21, 2019 10:01 PM

Theon survives -- he was spotted filming the final episode with the others.

Jorah Mormont is the big death in E03.

by Anonymousreply 28April 21, 2019 10:05 PM

It’s clear they’re aiming for something with Brienne and Jaime. I don’t know what tho there’s a rumor they bone in Ep 4

by Anonymousreply 29April 21, 2019 10:44 PM

R24 I think it's Gendry chasing her as well

by Anonymousreply 30April 21, 2019 10:48 PM

Poor Tormund. So into Brienne but she only has eyes for Jaime.

She and Jaime are definitely going to hook up. Hopefully we'll get naked Jaime.

Naked Arya I could've done without. I know the actress is an adult, but isn't Arya supposed to be like 16?

by Anonymousreply 31April 21, 2019 10:52 PM

R28 that's interesting. I would've bet good money that Theon died this season. He has 'tragic character' written all over him.

It was brave of him to volunteer to guard Bran. I hope he does survive.

by Anonymousreply 32April 21, 2019 10:57 PM

I liked the mini Night's Watch reunion- Edd, Sam, Jon. Good to see the guys together again.

Also good to see Ghost just chilling. Usually we only see him fighting.

by Anonymousreply 33April 21, 2019 11:03 PM

Jorah dying isn't that surprising. He will die trying to save others. Maybe that will redeem him and he'll be able to have his ashes spread or be buried (whatever is left of him) on Bear Island.

I hope Beric gets an epic death.

by Anonymousreply 34April 21, 2019 11:11 PM

Both Jamie and Theon have been given redemptive arcs for ~reasons. Probably because they will end up as partners to Brienne and Sansa.

by Anonymousreply 35April 21, 2019 11:29 PM

Nah, Sansa deserves someone with a dick at least.

by Anonymousreply 36April 22, 2019 12:16 AM

She does deserve someone with a dick, but I can also see her opting to fly solo for a while after being forced to marry certain people and being repeatedly raped by Ramsay.

She was a total bad ass this week's episode. Dany didn't know what to do. She was not buying her bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 37April 22, 2019 12:18 AM

Missandei dies, too.

by Anonymousreply 38April 22, 2019 12:35 AM

In the previous thread, people mentioned Cersei having had three children. She has had four children. When Bran was still unconscious, Cersei visited Catelynn in the sick room. She talked about her son dying after an illness. In a later seen with Robert, they discussed the death of their child.

by Anonymousreply 39April 22, 2019 12:38 AM

Sansa will end the series single. Unless they do a massive time jump and check in with her like five years after the final battle.

Sansa and Dany were making progress until Sansa brought up the North not bending the knee. She's not budging. She probably won't have to if Dany dies.

by Anonymousreply 40April 22, 2019 12:44 AM

Im sorry but the Cersei worship by some gay men is ridiculous. Cersei is an impulsive, self sabotaging idiot. She's not half as smart as she thinks she is. All her problems are her own fault

by Anonymousreply 41April 22, 2019 12:48 AM

People telling me Jorah and Missandei die in episode 3? Are you just giving theory or are you giving fact? And HTF do you know? I don't want Jorah to die. Period. I want him to live at least until they get to Kings Landing. And Missandei? No dying for her. No way.

by Anonymousreply 42April 22, 2019 12:58 AM

[quote]Sansa and Dany were making progress until Sansa brought up the North not bending the knee. She's not budging. She probably won't have to if Dany dies.

Or if Jon, now that Dany knows who he is puts his foot down. He doesn't have to make a claim to the throne to let her know that leaving the North alone is part of his wishes.

by Anonymousreply 43April 22, 2019 1:00 AM

Jorah dies in Ep 3, it is known. The living lose Winterfell to the Others and the few survivors that remain escape through the crypts/tunnels. Jorah offers to stay behind and fight, allowing this escape (Hodor 2.0).

Never heard that Missandrei dies.

by Anonymousreply 44April 22, 2019 1:01 AM

I will speculate and say that we are going to see some familiar faces among the zombies. Like, Hodor. And if any of the people around Winterfell now go down, some of them will get re animated by the Night King and be blue eyed devils.

by Anonymousreply 45April 22, 2019 1:02 AM

So when Winterfell falls where will the survivors go? What's the closest castle that we know? Riverrun?

Then leave the people there and the main crew go down to King's Landing to fight Cersei?

by Anonymousreply 46April 22, 2019 1:08 AM

[quote]So when Winterfell falls where will the survivors go? What's the closest castle that we know? Riverrun?

Probably some will go to the Iron Islands. Part of the reason Yara said she was going to retake them was because they didn't think the dead could swim.

by Anonymousreply 47April 22, 2019 1:10 AM

But they can ride on boats, right? They can sail to the iron islands.

by Anonymousreply 48April 22, 2019 1:12 AM

I did like Brienne's beaming smile after her knighting. That was nice. She deserves it.

Tormund wants that badly, lol.

by Anonymousreply 49April 22, 2019 1:18 AM

Bran : The things we do for love lol

by Anonymousreply 50April 22, 2019 1:22 AM

The Iron Islands are pretty far away. Bear Island (home of Lady Lyanna) is pretty close, though. That might be where they immediately go.

Haven't heard specific spoilers for Ep 04.

by Anonymousreply 51April 22, 2019 1:28 AM

Wait, apparently Bear Island is northwest of Winterfell. I don't think they'll head that way.

by Anonymousreply 52April 22, 2019 1:31 AM

tormund! LOLOL! Watching him tell his story to Jaime & Brienne & the gang.Hilarious.

by Anonymousreply 53April 22, 2019 1:41 AM

Ugh Arya

by Anonymousreply 54April 22, 2019 2:01 AM

How are these episodes getting leaked? This is pissing me off.

by Anonymousreply 55April 22, 2019 2:05 AM

A female knight. Is that a thing ?

by Anonymousreply 56April 22, 2019 2:07 AM

The one that leaked online R55 was German.

by Anonymousreply 57April 22, 2019 2:09 AM

Not in real life no. Outside of Scandinavia, female warriors were EXTREMELY rare in medieval times. They would never have been accepted as knights.

by Anonymousreply 58April 22, 2019 2:09 AM

r28, just after Samwell gave him the family sword.

The scene between Jorah and Little Bear was epic.

Arya giving her virginity to the last of the Baretheons was surprisingly unsexy.

Poor Dany. Her wonderful convo with Sansa soured at the very end.

Her convo with Aegon soured at the very end.

Sophie has matured Sansa beautifully.

Tormund makes me hurl.

Still pulling for House T.

by Anonymousreply 59April 22, 2019 2:15 AM

I think most people could've done without partially naked Arya. Personally I still think of her as a kid. I know Maisie Williams is in her 20's, but she looks young.

That little girl with the facial scar must've reminded Davos of Shireen. Poor kid.

I want to see Melisandre. I bet she's planning something big.

Pod has a nice singing voice.

by Anonymousreply 60April 22, 2019 2:58 AM

MY prediction, the Night King wakes all the dead Stark Kings in the crypt. That's why they've gone out of their way to talk about it and show it in the opening

by Anonymousreply 61April 22, 2019 3:01 AM

Is there an episode 2 thread? I searched, hut couldn't find one

by Anonymousreply 62April 22, 2019 3:04 AM

R61, that's pretty good. That would explain why they keep saying, "you'll be safe in the crypt" over and over again. Sure, that's where you want to be when the dead walk--underground, in a CRYPT.

by Anonymousreply 63April 22, 2019 3:05 AM

Here you go, R62.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 64April 22, 2019 3:05 AM

after 7 to 8 years Ned Stark would be too badly decomposed to rise again. Of everyone that's in the crypt I would think only Rickon would be in one piece.

by Anonymousreply 65April 22, 2019 3:29 AM

Thanks r64!

by Anonymousreply 66April 22, 2019 3:32 AM

Am I the only one here rooting for the Hound to live? I am really hoping the big guy makes it.

by Anonymousreply 67April 22, 2019 3:52 AM

Next week's preview showed Beric and the Hound entering a room together ready to fight. I bet Beric dies saving the Hound. Didn't he say Hound had some special purpose? Or was that someone else?

That purpose is probably killing the Mountain. If he does that and survives, I wonder what he will do with his life.

by Anonymousreply 68April 22, 2019 3:57 AM

The last episode was partially filmed in Seville. Leaks: Tyrion is on trial for treason. The trial is held in Dragonpit. Ser Davos (presiding over it all, no Hand of the King pin), Brienne, the Golden Company leader whose name escapes me, Grey Worm, Robyn Arryn (!!!), Samwell, Bran, Sansa and Arya are present at this trial. There were no green screens used for this scene, but there was a little bit of fake snow, like winter was already over. Jon and Dany were not present for filming this.

Tyrion's execution was filmed in a closed set in Belfast, no information available about who does it or how.

Rumor has it that at the same time this trial was happening, Winterfell was being rebuilt. So characters not present at the trial could have been there.

Another thing: HBO sent actors and their body/stunt doubles to Seville to try to deceive and confuse leakers. Lena Headey, the dude who plays Varys, the lady who plays Yara Greyjoy, the guy who plays Gendry... they were all spotted in Seville but they did no filming, just hung out.

by Anonymousreply 69April 22, 2019 3:58 AM

What I would love is if the trial scene was a total farce to throw leakers off. No CGI, no Jon or Dany, just a handful of major characters. That would be kind-of awesome.

by Anonymousreply 70April 22, 2019 4:01 AM

Harry Strickland is golden company leader

by Anonymousreply 71April 22, 2019 4:01 AM

Is Conleth Hill (Varys) family? He doesn't look half bad when he has hair.

by Anonymousreply 72April 22, 2019 4:06 AM

Missandei dying follows an old Hollywood war trope - the hero goes to battle only to return to find that his girl died at home. Mrs. Miniver - anyone?

by Anonymousreply 73April 22, 2019 4:13 AM

Where is Melisandre? Doesn't she still have some kind of role to play?

by Anonymousreply 74April 22, 2019 4:20 AM

Melisandre left Westeros, however she said to Varys that both of them must die in Westeros so I'm guessing we'll see her again.

by Anonymousreply 75April 22, 2019 4:21 AM

If Sansa survives, will she scissor Theon?

by Anonymousreply 76April 22, 2019 4:22 AM

Oh and there is another unknown character at the trial. (Well there were two unknown characters but we now know that Harry Strickland is one of them.) So we have yet to meet someone in this show. Can't imagine who it could be.

by Anonymousreply 77April 22, 2019 4:22 AM

I keep hoping Daario will make a cameo. Kit shot sceneswithLenaat Kings Landing and they weren't battle scenes.

by Anonymousreply 78April 22, 2019 4:51 AM

That would be Tyrion's THIRD trial.

by Anonymousreply 79April 22, 2019 5:31 AM

Melisandre will be burnt at the stake to distract the Night king while our heroes flee.

by Anonymousreply 80April 22, 2019 6:12 AM

How about instead of WightGendry chasing Arya through the crypts, it's WightRickon instead? That'd be a surprise! She'll have to put down her little brother.

by Anonymousreply 81April 22, 2019 6:25 AM

R81, I was thinking it might be Podrick, not Gendry.

by Anonymousreply 82April 22, 2019 12:44 PM

Maybe Arya is running in the crypts to warn and evacuate those hiding there. She could just be looking back at the battle, not anyone in particular.

by Anonymousreply 83April 22, 2019 12:54 PM

I'm interested in the strategy Bran chose to lure the Night King to the Godswood. It sounded like Bran wants to do this to make the Night King vulnerable to attack. If I had to guess (these are not spoilers, just pure speculation), the Night King does come for Bran and they'll end Episode 3 with that. Episode 4 will be the lingering of the battle and the Night King coming for Bran. The Night King is somehow wounded which exposes a vulnerability, but he gets away and maybe even retreats. The forces at Winterfell are decimated at that point, but the White Walkers retreat and maybe continue to head south because the Night King knows his vulnerability has been exposed.

by Anonymousreply 84April 22, 2019 1:51 PM

I am hoping that Bran does something interesting with his warging, getting a pack or several direwolves involved. Some kind of call to nature to help in the fight for the living would be (very expensive) but would be a great twist.

by Anonymousreply 85April 22, 2019 4:13 PM

Arya looks terrified and she is being chased.

by Anonymousreply 86April 22, 2019 4:21 PM

Why do people assume Arya's in the crypt?

by Anonymousreply 87April 22, 2019 4:22 PM

R87 Because she's in the crypt?

by Anonymousreply 88April 22, 2019 4:36 PM

I thought she could have been running through the hallways of Winterfell.

Asfor Jaime and Brienne, I think they will both survive the battle in Episode 3, and they will have sex in Episode 4. Which people are referring to as the Exodus. I bete Yara shows up to help evacuate them.

There's been no mention of pitch. When Dany and the Dothraki &Unsullied came to King's Landing, Bronn was putting down barrels of pitch, remember? So it begs the question with all the preparations they've been doing for weeks, why has no one mentioned spreading pitchin the forests and on the trees so at the appropriate time the dragons or the archers could light up the zombies?

by Anonymousreply 89April 22, 2019 4:44 PM

Apparently in Episode 3, the living win the first battle against the Army of the Dead (Night King isn't with them). Then the Golden Company mercenaries arrive and attack Winterfell. Then the Night King shows up with a second army of wights and wipes out most of the mercenaries outside of Winterfell. The living lose Winterfell to the Night King after Bran tells them to flee.

Gendy gets stabbed by a White Walker and Arya gives him a merciful death.

by Anonymousreply 90April 22, 2019 4:48 PM

She doesn't give him a merciful death unless she burns his body...

by Anonymousreply 91April 22, 2019 7:46 PM

Battle of Winterfell is apparently only one episode. Ep 4 is the aftermath and regrouping down to King’s Landing. Ep 5 is confronting Cersei and the Battle of KL (also possibly the ep where Jaime dies) Ep 6 is the finale and Tyrion’s trial.

by Anonymousreply 92April 22, 2019 8:06 PM

The Night King has to be defeated somewhere in Episodes 4-6. It seems like he survives E03.

by Anonymousreply 93April 22, 2019 8:11 PM

Yeah the reason for Tyrion’s trial is supposedly him locking the city gates to KL keeping the population in as the White Walkers lay siege. The suggested reason is to protect the citizens, but somehow the WW/NK get in and the dragons are used to burn down much of KL. It sounds like the NK is most likely defeated in Ep 5.

by Anonymousreply 94April 22, 2019 8:22 PM

R8 no to everything. No one will sit on the Iron Throne in the end. All that war,all that death and all that sacrifice yet the idea of a monarch is dead. The Seven Kingdoms will exist as seven kingdoms without a ruler.

by Anonymousreply 95April 22, 2019 8:37 PM

What the point to have a sex scene with Gendry if they don't show his ass?

by Anonymousreply 96April 22, 2019 8:40 PM

R94 That would be so Mad King of him, letting them all burn. According to the prophecy that she got in the House of the Undying, Dany will be betrayed three times, once for blood, once for money, and once for love. She still needs to be betrayed for love. I think that will be Tyrion, as he is clearly infatuated with her.

by Anonymousreply 97April 22, 2019 8:40 PM

Someone made this video about Dany illustrating how much she doesn’t make sense.

This is in Re: to the last thread’s comments on Dany being mad

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 98April 22, 2019 8:52 PM

[quote]That would be so Mad King of him, letting them all burn.

I don’t think Tyrion means to kill the population of KL. His intentions are noble, like quarantining to keep out a plague, but it backfires. It would also be a nice poetic bookend to Jaime’s begging Aerys to close the gates to Tywin, which of course Aerys didn’t do.

by Anonymousreply 99April 22, 2019 9:00 PM

Since Bran said the Night King is targeting him to wipe out memories of all the human race, I hope that puts the "Bran is the Night King" speculation to rest. I really don't think Bran is the Night King, and I'd be disappointed if the show went that way.

by Anonymousreply 100April 22, 2019 9:46 PM

R96 Needle should have been shoved up his ass.

by Anonymousreply 101April 22, 2019 10:01 PM

[quote]I don’t think Tyrion means to kill the population of KL. His intentions are noble, like quarantining to keep out a plague, but it backfires. It would also be a nice poetic bookend to Jaime’s begging Aerys to close the gates to Tywin, which of course Aerys didn’t do.

Actually, one of the spoilers from the last episode is that Tyrion flips out at his trial screaming "they deserved it" over and over again.

by Anonymousreply 102April 22, 2019 10:22 PM

Hidden meaning in song ?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 103April 22, 2019 10:33 PM

r81 WightRickon probably wouldn't work since the actor was still a kid starting puberty when he last filmed over 3 years ago so he's probably grown considerably since then. I suppose they could CG all of it but...no one really remembers/cares about Rickon anymore so I doubt it.

by Anonymousreply 104April 22, 2019 10:37 PM

[quote]Actually, one of the spoilers from the last episode is that Tyrion flips out at his trial screaming "they deserved it" over and over again.

Right, at the trial. Remember how he reacted at his S4 trial when he was bitter about being accused and shunned by all the nobles even after winning Blackwater and saving the city?

Granted, I’m just speculating but him purposely burning KL as an act of revenge makes little sense, while him making the “hard choice” to close the gates as strategy seems more plausible. That it backfires and he’s then accused of treason or whatever, well yeah he’s going to lash out.

by Anonymousreply 105April 22, 2019 10:39 PM

[quote]Actually, one of the spoilers from the last episode

or is it a diversion alternate ending???

by Anonymousreply 106April 23, 2019 12:31 AM

So if Tyrion' burns them all' in KL and then rants they deserve it - is that meant to indicate that Tyrion is actually a Targaryan and that his mother did in fact cheat on Tywin with the Mad King? That would also mean he didn't kill his own father, but instead, Jaime killed his father. And it would mean he is Dany's half-brother.

by Anonymousreply 107April 23, 2019 1:55 AM

In the books, Tyrion will be a Targ and be a dragon rider. The soap opera trope is too late in the game on the TV show.it would be nice to see him finally fry.

by Anonymousreply 108April 23, 2019 3:02 AM

r108 Do you remember where you read that in the books Tyrion is a Targ and will fly? Is there a website I can go to?

by Anonymousreply 109April 23, 2019 3:14 AM

If these leaks are true I hate everything about where Tyrion's story is going. He was all set up to be the hero of this whole series. It's not that I'm opposed to him going down the hero to villain path, it's just that it's so unearned. It feels forced. They've really dumbed down Tyrion. He should be flawed, but his flaws should make sense for the character. The writers have lost the plot with him, having him do stupid or uncharacteristically naive and ill-considered things just because it adds shock value or forces conflict. Disappointing.

by Anonymousreply 110April 23, 2019 4:31 AM

Clue hints at Daenerys’ fate

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 111April 23, 2019 10:56 AM

I thing the Tyrion dies stuff is producer misdirection.

Filmed in secret, no green screen, bla bla bla.

Believe it when ya see it.

by Anonymousreply 112April 23, 2019 10:02 PM

I genuinely hope Cersei is the first Lanister to die this season. Just glad she isn't adding damned elephants to the army of the deads arsenal.

by Anonymousreply 113April 23, 2019 10:21 PM

[quote]I thing the Tyrion dies stuff is producer misdirection. Filmed in secret, no green screen, bla bla bla.

His trial wasn’t filmed in secret tho. It was filmed at the Dragonpit set, the sort of decrepit colosseum arena from last season where Jon and Dany brought the zombie to show Cersei. True, a trial is not an execution but they did shoot some stuff in the open.

by Anonymousreply 114April 24, 2019 2:34 AM

Why on earth would Harry Strickland, the guy who's the head of the Golden Company, be at Tyrion's trial? They should at least make misdirection credible.

by Anonymousreply 115April 24, 2019 2:39 AM

I don’t think it’s Strickland at the trial. There are two unidentified characters at the trial, a man in gold colored clothing and a man in green. The gold, which was thought to be Harry, is supposed to be someone possibly from Dorne. I think something was lost in the spoiler translation on that one.

by Anonymousreply 116April 24, 2019 4:40 AM

One of the spoilers for this Sunday's episode seems to indicate that a lot of the Golden Co mercenaries get wiped out by the NK's army but Harry Strickland survives. He realizes that Cersei sent them to be slaughtered and switches alliances. If Tyrion was in cahoots with Cersei somehow (and that is the betrayal and why he's on trial), I could see why Stickland would be there.

by Anonymousreply 117April 24, 2019 5:02 AM

r114, I still believe it is an 'alternate' plot line.

by Anonymousreply 118April 24, 2019 6:21 AM

According to an interview or two that I've read, the cast hasn't seen the final version of the season. Several of them have commented on it, talking about shooting the scenes in different ways from different angles and points of view. So some misdirection is possible.

My latest theory, of my own making, not something I've read, altho it isn't terribly original, is that there are multiple endings.....They get to a point, it ends, and then it ends again in a different way, and then once more. And viewers can chose the ending the want. It doesn't even have to be elaborately done.

by Anonymousreply 119April 24, 2019 12:03 PM

Three different possible endings. One for each eye of the raven.

by Anonymousreply 120April 24, 2019 12:13 PM

LOL! I can see it in my mind's eye right now. The story ends... and two seconds later Euron Greyjoy pops up on your screen and says, "You didn't like it? Fine. Try this one..." And then.... next time it's Tormund saying essentially the same thing.... after which The Hound comes on and says"You didn't like that one either? Well, fuck you!" Then fade to black...

by Anonymousreply 121April 24, 2019 2:19 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 122April 24, 2019 2:53 PM

R121, surely you mean ...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 123April 24, 2019 6:57 PM

R117 for what season would Cersei want the Golden Company to die? Because she didn't get the elephants? It seems like she wanted them to attack Winterfell to kill the good guys. The NK and his army take care of the Golden Company instead.

by Anonymousreply 124April 24, 2019 7:45 PM

R15 can you post his info here? He has a blocked account.

by Anonymousreply 125April 24, 2019 7:57 PM

[quote]for what season would Cersei want the Golden Company to die? Because she didn't get the elephants? It seems like she wanted them to attack Winterfell to kill the good guys. The NK and his army take care of the Golden Company instead.

That is literally what I said.

by Anonymousreply 126April 24, 2019 7:59 PM

R126 no. Are you R117? Why would Cersei want the Golden Company to be slaughtered? She is sending them to kill the human survivors of the battle.Not for the GC to be used as cannon fodder OR to be slaughtered.

by Anonymousreply 127April 24, 2019 8:07 PM

I don't understand why she'd want them killed either. Hasn't she just paid a huge amount for them and they're practically the only army she's got left?

by Anonymousreply 128April 24, 2019 8:27 PM

Cersei doesn't want them killed. She is executing her plan which was to have the Gold Company attack what's left of them. But she didn't figure on the Night King arriving on the scene just in time to slaughter her people.

by Anonymousreply 129April 24, 2019 9:04 PM

This is a great photo of some of the actors out of character.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 130April 24, 2019 9:50 PM

At the end of episode 2, it looked like Tyrion's eyes turned blue and then back to normal. I think he will die and be turned into a whitewalker. I think he will kill Cersei while he is a whitewalker.

I've read a spoiler that the bodies in the crypt where the women, children, and Tyrion are supposed to go will be reanimated. Will the headless Ned Stark make an appearance?

by Anonymousreply 131April 24, 2019 9:59 PM

[quote]Why would Cersei want the Golden Company to be slaughtered? She is sending them to kill the human survivors of the battle.Not for the GC to be used as cannon fodder OR to be slaughtered.

Slaughtered by the AotD.

by Anonymousreply 132April 24, 2019 10:19 PM

R132 that is a fair accompli. Cersei sent them to kill human survivors of the battles. Not for the GC to be killed by the NK and his army. She paid a lot of money for them and made a mistake. She is not that smart....

by Anonymousreply 133April 24, 2019 10:26 PM

Why would crypt bodies be reanimated? Wights are made by white walkers who kill them, or they were killed by other wights. . None of tbe Starks in the crypt were killed by white walkers or wights.

by Anonymousreply 134April 24, 2019 10:33 PM

R134 Is that actually a rule? I haven't heard anyone say that before

by Anonymousreply 135April 24, 2019 10:38 PM

Well, long dead Nights Watchmen never reanimated at Castle Black. Only recently dead

by Anonymousreply 136April 24, 2019 10:54 PM

Doesn't the Night's watch burn their dead? Or was that only since they got confirmation of the Night King's existence?

by Anonymousreply 137April 24, 2019 11:00 PM

R134, in most recent zombie movies, zombies are created by infection -- you're bitten, you turn. Traditionally, though (that is, in Haitian legends), zombies were created by black magic. Any corpse could become a zombie with the right incantation. The Night King seems to practice magic, and may raise the dead through magic. We have seen him create White Walkers from the boys he took from Craster, Gilly's incest-practicing father, and he appeared to raise an instant army of the dead at the end of the Battle of Hardhome. The dragon he killed seemed to be resurrected by his touch. Also, a giant is a part of his current army of corpses, and I seem to recall the last giant being killed by the Night's Watch, not the Night King. So it may be an open question.

by Anonymousreply 138April 25, 2019 12:29 AM

Wouldn't the majority of the Starks in the crypts be just bones by now? Rickon and Catelyn would probably still have some meat on them, but the rest have been decomposing for a while. How are bones supposed to get out of the tombs or coffins? I'm sure they're closed with a very heavy stone slab.

The wight the Hound was toting couldn't even get out of a wooden crate. I think his hands were shackled, but couldn't he kick a hole in the wood?

by Anonymousreply 139April 25, 2019 1:56 AM

OK, I just read another serious spoiler. I mean it seems plausible. The Night King doesn't show up at Winterfell, because he is going to Kings Landing.

by Anonymousreply 140April 25, 2019 1:57 AM

So do we really think the Boltons really had Robb Stark, and Caitlyn brought to Winterfell and buried? I don't.

by Anonymousreply 141April 25, 2019 1:59 AM

I wonder if Ramsey Bolton and Roose Bolton are in that crypt?

by Anonymousreply 142April 25, 2019 1:59 AM

Fuck naw. Ramsay is in dog shit all over Winterfell. Roose- maybe they burned him or buried him elsewhere.

by Anonymousreply 143April 25, 2019 2:14 AM

R141 not Robb. Maybe his mother.

by Anonymousreply 144April 25, 2019 2:15 AM

[quote]OK, I just read another serious spoiler. I mean it seems plausible. The Night King doesn't show up at Winterfell, because he is going to Kings Landing.

That’s not a spoiler, that’s speculation.

And it doesn’t totally fit with the actual spoilers which has the survivors of the battle of Winterfell going first to Dragonstone, then to Kings Landing (this is based on filming info and from extras who were on set). Why would they bother going to KL if it’s already been taken by the Night King.

by Anonymousreply 145April 25, 2019 2:16 AM

Davos said something about an honorable man and a just woman. I know he was referring to Dany and Jon but I predict it will be a man and woman left on the throne to rule together

I don’t think it’s D and J

by Anonymousreply 146April 25, 2019 2:18 AM

[quote]Doesn't the Night's watch burn their dead? Or was that only since they got confirmation of the Night King's existence?

They always burned their dead with a, "And now his watch has ended!" as they go up in flames on a pyre. We saw this in the show.

[quote]The Night King seems to practice magic, and may raise the dead through magic. We have seen him create White Walkers from the boys he took from Craster, Gilly's incest-practicing father, and he appeared to raise an instant army of the dead at the end of the Battle of Hardhome. The dragon he killed seemed to be resurrected by his touch. Also, a giant is a part of his current army of corpses, and I seem to recall the last giant being killed by the Night's Watch, not the Night King. So it may be an open question.

The Night King: Leader of the White Walkers + Wights. He's not dead.

White Walkers: Can turn the dead. They're also not dead. They're a special magical being.

Wights: Are the reanimated dead. They're dead.

The Night King and the White Walkers can resurrect any dead being without touching it, through sheer force of will, whether or not they killed it.

It doesn't have to be a whole corpse, it doesn't have to be recently dead.

If it's just a bunch of bones and nearly all rotted flesh they can still bring it back.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 147April 25, 2019 5:12 AM

I hope we see some resurrected skeletons. I want a scene like this!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 148April 25, 2019 6:03 AM

Plus keep in mind the Starks in the crypt might not even be that decomposed. The North is below freezing most of the time and they are kept surrounded by stone, not accessible to worms and maggots.

by Anonymousreply 149April 25, 2019 11:59 AM

The Night King raises the Starks from the crypt but Bran uses his power to warg into them and use them to fight for Winterfell and against the army of the dead

by Anonymousreply 150April 25, 2019 12:05 PM

Does Jaime bang Brienne like someone said in the previous thread? Are we going to see his fine ass on screen before he dies?

by Anonymousreply 151April 25, 2019 12:08 PM

Can Bran warg into more than one thing at one time? That'd be cool. I'd always assumed he could only do one at a time.

by Anonymousreply 152April 25, 2019 1:58 PM

I want Bran to warg into Vyserion the dead dragon, and burn up all the zombies and the White Walkers, leaving only the Night King and then allowing Jon or someone with a Valerian steel sword to destroy the dragon...and the Night King. Or bury that fucker in a pile of Dragon Glass.

by Anonymousreply 153April 25, 2019 2:02 PM

[151] God, I hope.

by Anonymousreply 154April 25, 2019 4:09 PM

OK. You want a spoiler? Here's one I found that seems believable: Podrick dies and Brienne is distraught. She just breaks down. Jaime is there for her....

by Anonymousreply 155April 25, 2019 4:11 PM

Like Podrick has never NOT been a Red Shirt. Yawn...

by Anonymousreply 156April 25, 2019 4:13 PM

What do you mean a Red Shirt? Is that like, a Trump supporter?

by Anonymousreply 157April 25, 2019 4:14 PM

Urban Dictionary: red shirt

A character in a science fiction or adventure story whose sole dramatic purpose is to get killed by the story's villain and/or itinerant monster. Taken from the propensity of security officers on the original Star Trek series (who typically wore red uniform tops) to be killed in the epsiode

by Anonymousreply 158April 25, 2019 4:30 PM

Cersei, Jon and Dany all die. Ser Davos is elected by the remaining VIP to rule Westeros.

by Anonymousreply 159April 25, 2019 4:53 PM

I like your plot, R150.

I've also heard a good one where Dany retreats to Dragonstone, in betrayal of the North and Jon, after the battle to focus her attention on the Iron Throne and attack KL only to find out that the GC was turned into wights and is now attacking Winterfell. This is the moment when ol' Mel shows up with the special fire army (couldn't remember their name, sorry) Bran wargs the Winterfell dead (as Sam discovers this is possible in the Legends of the Long Night book) to fight for the living, Glover finally shows up, and Dany arrives in the nick of time. This is when we see our favorites turned wights attacking (sob) and it gets truly bad.

If the NK resurrects the Stark dead in the crypts, only those who've had their swords taken when the boys fled Winterfell will arise to fight the living. The rest will remain in place until warged by Bran.

I like the idea of Tyrion killing Cersei as a wight, but I also think it's possible that Cersei will be a wight and Jamie will kill her as KL is all turned by the NK and marches with the Golden Company in that final attack.

by Anonymousreply 160April 25, 2019 5:04 PM

r116

could the man in green be HOWLAND REED?!?!

please be h. reed

by Anonymousreply 161April 25, 2019 6:42 PM

i believe the honorable man ruling westeros (maybe not on the iron throne, just... casterly rock) will be jaime. the story began with ned findig him sitting on the IT for shits and giggles. he'll be sitting there again. he is honorable and he will be the only living brother of the current queen cersei (tyrion will have been executed by then). his just woman spouse is going to be brienne. lannister babies follow suit.

dany and jon will be up north learning how to be the new night king. jon was the prince that was promised to the night king. when the night king saw the bleeding comet that showed up when jon's half-brother, elia and rhaegar's boy was born, he thought A-HA! the prince that is supposed to resque me from my immortality must be JUST AROUND THE CORNER, WHOOP! since there's probably another prophecy somewhere about the prince having stark or king blood, the NK found a stark/some king's bastard craster and started asking for his baby BOYS because only BOYS can be princes! he's not looking for a boy boy but a PRINCE. so he takes those craster boys and turns them but whatever they become... it's obvious to NK none of the are TPTWP. the years pass... the NK becomes desperate and anguished... so he decides to travel south. where's my prince?! he was promised to me (he thinks.. knows nothing about the ned lyanna promise - maybe it's a thing. maybe a proper NK is supposed to know nothing). so somehow jon/dany get clued in and decide to become the mythical northern ble-eyed cave-dwellers where they could stay for thousands of years without anybody finding out, drawing their stick figures on the cave walls hoping for their own prince in due time i.e. 10.000 years or so.

by Anonymousreply 162April 25, 2019 7:01 PM

and it's been obvious to me that cersei's 'more beautiful queen' was going to be either shireen or brienne - neither conventionally beautiful but sweet-natured people with beautiful souls (compared to cersei's corrupt nature with little to no redeeming anything).

by Anonymousreply 163April 25, 2019 7:03 PM

While this isnt a spoiler WTF is with the cheap wig that Cerseis been wearing for years! Ok so she wants shorter 'militant' Tywin hair but they should be ashamed of themselves for that cheap mop top.

by Anonymousreply 164April 25, 2019 7:12 PM

Lena has complained that it stinks.

by Anonymousreply 165April 25, 2019 7:15 PM

I was hoping she’s would have a blunt bod this season like Rosamund Pike in Gone Girls

by Anonymousreply 166April 25, 2019 7:38 PM

off topic: rosamund is a goddess <3

cersei's hair is not the only thing wrong with her, though... the way she told euron the clown to earn her and then just sold out before he could blink was totally wtf.

by Anonymousreply 167April 25, 2019 8:00 PM

R116 Howland and Edmure Tully are the two men probably.

by Anonymousreply 168April 25, 2019 9:47 PM

R167 Pike is a cold,cold cunt. she would have been fabulous on this show.

by Anonymousreply 169April 25, 2019 11:49 PM

Podrick and Theon are dead men. You heard it here first.

by Anonymousreply 170April 26, 2019 1:26 AM

And Jorah

by Anonymousreply 171April 26, 2019 1:27 AM

NO!!! I like Jorah. Ever since he caught the grey scale, I've liked him. Before that he was tedious.

by Anonymousreply 172April 26, 2019 1:32 AM

Just speculating... I wonder if Dany decides to kill Sansa, and Tyrion instead murders Dany, in order to prevent another war breaking out between the North and the Crown.

Right now, Dany is adjusting to the news that Jon is her nephew. Sooner or later she's going to realize that Jon and Sansa are just cousins, and cousins can legally marry. Jon would then have the army of the North (what's left of it) and the Wildlings, while Sansa has the loyalty of her cousin Robin (army of the Vale) and her Uncle Edmure (whatever army he has left). Theon's loyalty is clearly to Sansa, so while Yara is loyal to Dany, Dany might have some doubts about how well the alliance will stand up if Theon defects. So Jon + Sansa = four armies and from Dany's point of view, potentially a fifth (Iron Islands). Jon by himself would be putty in Dany's hands... but if Sansa gets her hooks into him, she will clearly be fighting for the North to remain independent. So logically, once Cersei is gone, if Dany can get rid of Sansa, she gets rid of the only serious remaining threat. Tyrion would tell her that was an invitation to another Civil War, but Dany can justify it in her own mind, if Sansa won't bend the knee, she gets what is coming to her, just like Sam's family. No exceptions to the rule of law. The same way she previously executed a loyal servant who broke the law, even though it was an unpopular move.

by Anonymousreply 173April 26, 2019 4:36 AM

I'm now seeing a spoiler rumor online that Arya ends up taking Jaime's face (presumably after he's killed by her or something else) and, assuming his identity, ends up killing Cersei when her guard is down--which ends up fulfilling the witch's prophecy that she would be killed by her "brother," and also fulfills Arya's hit list, with Cersei being at the top.

I think that's a brilliant way for Cersei to go out. Ties everything up in a twisted, yet poetic way.

by Anonymousreply 174April 26, 2019 6:34 AM

The people who promote that rumor fail to consider that if Jaime is killed by the army of the dead, there will be no way for Arya to "take his face," He'll either be ripped apart, or turned into a zombie. IMO, if Arya kills Cersei, she will do it by taking Qyburn's face. I've been saying that ever since Qyburn took over. Cersei and Jaime are estranged.If he showed up in KL, he'd be in danger and Cersei would be on her guard. But Cersei would not be on her guard with Qyburn. But I don't think Arya willl be the one to do it. I think Cersei is going to be executed at trial not Tyrion.

by Anonymousreply 175April 26, 2019 11:06 AM

R173 makes a good case. But I just don't see Dany killing Sansa.

by Anonymousreply 176April 26, 2019 11:08 AM

R173, one thing I like about Sansa is that she doesn't grovel. She's not impressed with much, even dragons. It's almost as if once she escaped Kings Landing, she began to transition into a more mature, calculating person. Maybe it started earlier, when she was forced to marry Tyrion after her mother and brother were murdered. If when she and Dany were talking, and she said, "I should have thanked you when you arrived. That was a mistake." Not "I'm sorry." Not, "I was wrong." But, "that was a mistake." She has a lot more self confidence that Dany. It's not flashy. It's just solid.

by Anonymousreply 177April 26, 2019 11:25 AM

"I saw it when she and Dany were talking..."

by Anonymousreply 178April 26, 2019 11:27 AM

As has been pointed out several times in this thread, that theory makes zero sense r174.

by Anonymousreply 179April 26, 2019 12:56 PM

People seem to forget that witch’s prophecy that Cersei will be killed by the “valonquer” (younger brother) was never in the show. In the flashback scene where young Cersei visits Maggie the Frog, she only tells her about the deaths of her children and that she will be cast aside for a “younger more beautiful queen”. There is nothing about Cersei’s death in any of that.

I’m pretty sure the writers purposefully left it out so they could have some wiggle room as to how they wanted Cersei to go.

by Anonymousreply 180April 26, 2019 1:01 PM

R179 It makes plenty of sense. I would be surprised if Arya doesn't kill Cersei at this point.

by Anonymousreply 181April 26, 2019 3:42 PM

Well if Jaime is killed Sunday by Whitewalkers, he won't have a fucking face for Arya to steal. No. And here's another thing. If you want to look at the witch's prophecy: Jon/Aegon is the younger brother. As Rhaegar's last child, he was the youngest child of Rhaegar Targaryen. So he can kill Cersei and fulfill the prophecy.

by Anonymousreply 182April 26, 2019 3:49 PM

“Valonquar” in Valyrian is genderless. It just means “younger sibling”— which could be Jaime. Or Tyrion. Or Sansa. Or Arya. Or Jon. Or Dany. Or Bran, etc, etc.

by Anonymousreply 183April 26, 2019 4:09 PM

R183. I know. And I've heard all those names, except Jon's.

I'm curious. So many people a re dead, but I wonder if Jaime or Varys know anything about Rhaegar they might be able to share with Jon and Dany? Of course BRan could too.

by Anonymousreply 184April 26, 2019 4:13 PM

I have to wonder if Bronn actually succeeds in killing Jaime. Now that would piss me off SO MUCH. I want Jaime's redemption to be complete. He ought to die in a meaningful way. Bran obviously believes he will help them.

by Anonymousreply 185April 26, 2019 4:15 PM

I think he MIGHT try to kill either Jaime or Tyrion but then he is stopped by someone; then he confesses to Jaime and Tyrion about what Cersei wanted him to do. I really don't understand this plot point other than it might be what Jaime needs to completely break from Cersei and move on. And maybe it might further fuel Tyrion's desire to kill Cersei (he already talked about it to Jaime in the last episode).

by Anonymousreply 186April 26, 2019 6:55 PM

There's a particularly brutal passage in the book where he explicitly describes what he wants to do to her, R186. It appears that a wight Tyrion may be in the cards. He does know the back ways into those tunnels.

by Anonymousreply 187April 26, 2019 7:12 PM

I found that passage fascinating R187. For those curious, it basically says Tyrion to brutally rape Cersei.

It establishes, in a fucked up way, that Tyrion is also attracted to her like Jaime is.

by Anonymousreply 188April 26, 2019 11:18 PM

You know, I'd love a brief scene where Bronn arrives at some pier in a seaside town, and loads his casks of gold onto a ship, and tells them to head for Dorne. LOL! Fuck all y'all. Bronn is not a dumb man. He always looks out for #1, and he would never put himself at risk. So he looks at Cersei, both brothers gone, hiring mercenaries to prosecute a war against an opponent with two dragons, and to100000 Dothraki and 8,000 Unsullied, and the Knights of the Vale and other random northern armies, people he just fought at the Loot train battle. He shot the fucking dragon and it still wanted to fight him. AS Jaime said, "we can't win against this enemy." Bronn was there. He knows. Now you add to that some zombie army? Shit. He's not staying in King's Landing and he's not going North. If I were Bronn, I'd haul my ass outa there.

by Anonymousreply 189April 27, 2019 1:47 AM

Ep2 did not include a Hound and Sansa reunion. I suppose he has to rescue her as they flee during Ep. 3.

by Anonymousreply 190April 27, 2019 2:53 AM

I wouldn't be surprised if we didn't get a reunion between those two. Maybe they'll chat on the trek from Winterfell to wherever, but their meeting should've happened in episode 2.

by Anonymousreply 191April 27, 2019 3:26 AM

Sansa and the Hound took a backseat to Arya and the Hound. It never had the same resonance as the latter pair.

by Anonymousreply 192April 27, 2019 4:42 AM

In truth Sansa reminds me of the Marquis de Sade's Justine, who keeps getting abuse, violated and "rescued." The Hound rescues her from getting raped by the mob. Tyrion rescues her from getting beaten by Joffrey and Ser Marren Trent. Ser Dantos rescues her from the Purple Wedding & Cersei, Little Finger Rescues her from Lysa Arryn.Theon rescues her from Ramsey Bolton. IMO she has one more rescue coming. But who ?

by Anonymousreply 193April 27, 2019 10:44 AM

That would be great R189, but Bronn makes it to Winterfell.

by Anonymousreply 194April 27, 2019 11:59 AM

IMO if Bronn truly does head for Winterfell, as per his instructions, he ought to at least go with the Gold Company. That way there's nothing underhanded. He is fighting on the other side. I hope the zombies get him.

by Anonymousreply 195April 27, 2019 12:03 PM

I'm so fed up this Bronn. This character should have been killed off at least two seasons ago. He's only used as a plot device when they run out of characters to accomplish a particular mission.

by Anonymousreply 196April 27, 2019 12:12 PM

i'm with you, r196. cannot stand bronn. what a one-trick pony of a character. can't understand how anyone can find this opportunistic sociopath sympathetic or amusing. ew

want to do evil? do it with style -> tywin

want to do goofy? do it with heart -> tormund

by Anonymousreply 197April 27, 2019 12:25 PM

When Bronn first came on the scene I was amused by him. But no more.

by Anonymousreply 198April 27, 2019 1:18 PM

The drowning scene where he tells Jamie "....only I get to kill you" is the tip off.

I think the poster upthread has it - Brienne takes the bolt and Jamie kills Bronn and goes after Cersei.

by Anonymousreply 199April 27, 2019 3:05 PM

I hope Bronn doesn't really try to kill Jaime and/or Tyrion. Let one good thing happen in the Battle of Winterfell- Bronn fights with the good guys.

by Anonymousreply 200April 27, 2019 3:33 PM

The only reason I like Bronn is because he has racked up the most number of times a character has said CUNT.

I picture him as a closeted Westerosi M4M who is straight-acting but really is a testosterone laden DL MARY who points his heels to the Seven Gods.

by Anonymousreply 201April 27, 2019 3:38 PM

He's said it more than the Hound? Someone should do a final count at the end of the series.

by Anonymousreply 202April 27, 2019 3:41 PM

r202, yes, final count TBD!

by Anonymousreply 203April 27, 2019 3:43 PM

The Hound bs Tormund vs Bronn in the cunt count.

by Anonymousreply 204April 27, 2019 3:53 PM

The more I read about the Tyrion betrayal/traitor supposed spoiler, the more I think it's a false plant. The storyline would make no sense and be a shitty way to end one of the better characters in the show, although the show has turned him into a moron the last couple seasons.

by Anonymousreply 205April 27, 2019 3:58 PM

r204, The Cuntapalooza Countdown!

by Anonymousreply 206April 27, 2019 4:09 PM

It has to be a false plant.

Tyrion is the fictional extension of George RR Martin himself. He's said numerous times Tyrion is his favorite character, the one he most identifies with, and the one easiest to write.

Gee, I wonder why...hmmm...a stubby, trollish-looking man, but with a sharp wit and intellect that makes him valued in a world that doesn't understand him.

Tyrion is basically George inserting himself into his own story.

No way is he going to make himself the villain in his own story. Flawed, yes, but the ultimate bad guy that betrays everyone? Please. I predict Tyrion will end up doing something incredibly heroic at the end.

by Anonymousreply 207April 27, 2019 4:17 PM

OK. I have a question. Do any of you go to other sites where they discuss Game of Thrones with or without spoilers? Can you suggest some to me?

by Anonymousreply 208April 27, 2019 5:34 PM

R208, I've been looking. I haven't found any sites with real spoilers. One guy on Redditt called Frikidoctor (or something like that) leaked an accurate plot line for Episode 1. It's my understanding he's under threat of legal action from HBO, so he's not going to post any more spoilers. He's Spanish, and many of his videos are in Spanish, but he apparently leaked Ep 1's plot in English.

Most of the sites I've accessed have just been fan speculation. Just Google "Game of Thrones Season 8 spoilers" and have fun listening to all the theories. As for real spoilers, I haven't found any other the Episode 1's plot description. I'm sure when Episode 2 leaked early in Germany there were tons of spoilers out there, but I avoided them. Once I get to Sunday, I just figure I'll wait to actually see the show.

by Anonymousreply 209April 27, 2019 5:47 PM

So the spoilers i'm reading here so far: - Jaime and Cersei both gonna die but Tyrion will live - the 2 dragons will die and turned by the NK - The NK will be defeated somehow by Bran - nobody knows yet what will become of Dany and Jon - nobody sure yet who will be sitting at the throne in the end?

by Anonymousreply 210April 27, 2019 7:45 PM

R207 GRRM isn’t writing the tv show. He has also said that he’s unhappy with the shows ending and that it is different from what he had planned.

by Anonymousreply 211April 27, 2019 8:11 PM

Friki is the one who leaked Tyrion's trial in the last episode.

by Anonymousreply 212April 27, 2019 8:29 PM

That's odd, R211, because he stated in a recent interview that if he dies before finishing ASoIF, he'll let the show ending stand.

AND, he did have a hand in planning the finale. The story was that he consulted on all the final season episodes.

by Anonymousreply 213April 27, 2019 8:58 PM

Look. GRRM hand a detailed, meandering saga. So D&D combined certain storylines, and eliminated certain characters, assigning their actions to other characters. They had to translate an epic to an episodic TV series. Martin gave them a detailed outline, he consulted with them all on a regular basis. The books and the TV show will "end up in the same place." There will be some variation but I've enjoyed the TV show so far and I have confidence the writers will do it justice.

by Anonymousreply 214April 27, 2019 10:59 PM

Robb and Catelyn are most likely not buried at Winterfell. They may have statues in their honor there but where they are buried at the twins most likely died with the Freys. I do believe the show did have Sansa say that Catelyn’s body was disposed of in the river, so if any Starks rise it will be Ned and Rickon.

I believe the show left out the part of the prophecy that Cersei was given about the younger brother strangling her with a golden hand. If the show goes that route with Arya, I wish they would have kept that part in.

by Anonymousreply 215April 28, 2019 1:05 AM

I have to wonder if Caitlyn shows up as a zombie with her throat slit. Because there are so many fans who were very vocal about their disappointment that GRRM's Lady Stoneheart was not included in the TV show. Instead some of her revenge was transferred to Arya. Personally IMO I'm glad she was eliminated as were Griff and some other secret Targaryens. I think we may see Hodor and possibly Meera Reed for the shock value. I have no idea where Meera lives, but she and her family might have been zombied. Some so called leakers on FreeFolk are saying Gendry dies and others say he is wounded and lives. The most consistent names leaked for deaths that have been put out here are Podrick, Theon, Jorah, Edd, Beric, and a couple of others, but no one major. I consider Jorah major, so I'm pissed. I really hope Gendry makes it, too. Don't want to see Theon or Pod get killed but I can accept them more readily.

by Anonymousreply 216April 28, 2019 11:48 AM

friki is legit and yes he leaked the bit about tyrion's trial at dragonstone (jonerys nowhere to be seen there - hint-hint!). he supposedly burned KL and screams that they deserved it so he's executed for treason. i really don't see tyrion surviving. his actions have cost the 'good guys' so much by now it's a miracle dany decided to keep him around... she truly is a dumbo (not the cute elephant) just like jon.

tyrion's been sabotaging them for quite some time now.

by Anonymousreply 217April 28, 2019 12:42 PM

and since i don't see the lannisters of castrely rock dying out jaime has to live even though it may seem unlikely as of now - cersei's a goner and tyrion will die a traitor's death.

(and then jaime will sit on the IT AGAIN...)

by Anonymousreply 218April 28, 2019 12:44 PM

As I said on another thread, I want all men with working dicks to survive. Period.

by Anonymousreply 219April 28, 2019 2:06 PM

I can see them killing off the Lannister as a sort of karma for all the shit they’ve put people through. That’s very GOT: for all his blathering about legacy, Tywin won’t have any.

by Anonymousreply 220April 28, 2019 2:50 PM

Yup.

by Anonymousreply 221April 28, 2019 3:22 PM

[quote]Because there are so many fans who were very vocal about their disappointment that GRRM's Lady Stoneheart was not included in the TV show.

I was shocked when they omitted Lady Stoneheart, and frankly a little pissed--because that ultimately meant, in the grand scheme of things, her presence has no major impact on the overarching outcome of the story. Otherwise, they would have left her in the show if she were a vital plot point.

Now when I read the remaining books, I won't be as invested in the character since I know her actions don't ultimately influence or drive the main plot in any real way. Takes away a lot of the suspense and mystery over the character. She ends up feeling like window dressing now that you know she can be omitted without compromising the story.

by Anonymousreply 222April 28, 2019 4:57 PM

No leaks yet?

by Anonymousreply 223April 28, 2019 7:33 PM

I'm impressed.

by Anonymousreply 224April 28, 2019 8:17 PM

I want it to leak so I can watch 90 Day Fiance later. Why must they be on at the same time?

by Anonymousreply 225April 28, 2019 8:22 PM

Screenshots from the episode have leaked. Among the dead— and this is a spoiler threa:

Jorah Lyanna Mormont Theon

Surprise guest: Melisandre

by Anonymousreply 226April 28, 2019 9:44 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 227April 28, 2019 9:46 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 228April 28, 2019 9:49 PM

I don't think there have any real leaks re char deaths, just some astute guesses: Jorah, Missandei, Edd.

Until the episode airs or genuinely leaks, the chars are all [bold]"Schrödinger's Cast."[/bold]

by Anonymousreply 229April 28, 2019 9:55 PM

There are actual screenshots out r229, tho I guess you must have r227 blocked.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 230April 28, 2019 9:59 PM

I don't see Missandei or Lyanna. I see Theon, and Jorah. I heard it was Theon, Jorah, Edd, Yohn Royce, Podrick, and Beric. Six deaths. I hope they don't kill Lyanna Mormont. If she hooks up with Robyn Arryn of the Vale she will run the place.

by Anonymousreply 231April 28, 2019 10:03 PM

Lyanna is killer by a wight giant. First set of pics, first pic, third row. The giant is holding her up to his face.

by Anonymousreply 232April 28, 2019 10:05 PM

Why kill that child? This show is sick.

by Anonymousreply 233April 28, 2019 10:07 PM

Hell, that last shot in the lower right corner looks like Jon lying on his back, as if he's been knocked down. It looks like he's going to be killed....but we know he doesn't die tonight. So looking at some of these shots is a bit misleading. I will say it looks like Arya is in a real tight spot. Damn.

by Anonymousreply 234April 28, 2019 10:07 PM

R232, I see that he lifts her up, but maybe she doesn't die. Maybe Ser Jorah or someone else drops that fucker with Valerian Steel or Dragon glass. Maybe Lyanna drops him. I don't want her to die. She is way to brave.

by Anonymousreply 235April 28, 2019 10:10 PM

Jon is set on fire, but seems to survive it. This must be what puts him as a Targaryen since surely others will see it.

Lyanna can go, afaic. She was like a sassy sitcom stepkid at this point. The show has always been brutal to kids— you were expecting any different?

by Anonymousreply 236April 28, 2019 10:13 PM

*outs him as a Targ

by Anonymousreply 237April 28, 2019 10:14 PM

I don't think Jon is set on fire. Maybe too close but not on fire. Because he is not immune to fire. He burned his hand when he was saving Lord Commander Mormont from the zombie/wight. I think the Targ side of him allows him to ride dragons. Not as a passenger, but as a driver. Both Drogon and Rhaegal like him.

by Anonymousreply 238April 28, 2019 10:18 PM

Is that Dany looking devastated at a dead Jorah? Of course, she would be. He's been her most loyal follower/aide since the first season (not taking into account when she had him banished for spying on her).

by Anonymousreply 239April 28, 2019 10:19 PM

I thought the same thing, R239. She discovers Jorah is dead and she totally breaks down. I'm having all kinds of feels about this.

by Anonymousreply 240April 28, 2019 10:22 PM

That's going to be very rough to watch. Am I the only one out there who thought Jorah/Dany had more chemistry than Jon/Dany? Yes, Ian Glenn is much older than Emilia Clarke but he's still a handsome man.

by Anonymousreply 241April 28, 2019 10:33 PM

R241, I felt the same, especially after he came back from the Greyscale. He seemed more self assured and less desperate. More detached but still sending out the love vibes. Before that when we first met him, he was a groveling. I hate that. He was tedious and sort of over the top. But after Samwell cured him, he seems different. I did see how panicked he looked when Jon told Dany they needed to sail together to Winterfell, and Jorah looked at Tyrion and Tyrion looked at him, and we all knew, when she said, "We sail together" that they were going to fuck. Boatsex.

by Anonymousreply 242April 28, 2019 10:43 PM

You knew Jorah was a goner last episode after his speech with Dany about keeping Tyrion as her hand. They might as well flashed "Character Arc Complete - Commence Termination for Dramatic effect!" across the screen it was that heavy-handed.

No spoilers needed to know he was toast tonight.

Gendry is the one I'm wondering about. Spoilers said he dies too, but screenshots aren't showing him.

by Anonymousreply 243April 28, 2019 10:48 PM

And, while this is going on, Sansa and Tyrion have a talk in their crypts about their marriage!

by Anonymousreply 244April 28, 2019 10:52 PM

Oh, someone is over on /r/freefolk, too.

by Anonymousreply 245April 28, 2019 10:58 PM

[Quote]Am I the only one out there who thought Jorah/Dany had more chemistry than Jon/Dany?

It’s really a shame that Kit and Emilia have so little chemistry; their hookup was rushed to begin with but them being wooden planks together doesn’t help.

by Anonymousreply 246April 28, 2019 11:01 PM

Jon and Ygritte > Jon and Dany

by Anonymousreply 247April 28, 2019 11:13 PM

Jon and Dany has no chemistry coz they actually look like siblings (though aunt/nephew in the story). So there's that icky factor preventing us of thinking any sexual tension between them.

by Anonymousreply 248April 28, 2019 11:23 PM

Latest leak is that Arya sneaks up on the Night King while he is killing Theon and spears him. The Night King dies this episode!

by Anonymousreply 249April 28, 2019 11:30 PM

Anything about the preview for episode 4?

by Anonymousreply 250April 29, 2019 12:00 AM

R219 most women with working cunts will survive.

by Anonymousreply 251April 29, 2019 12:53 AM

I'll ask the question -- why weren't Jon and Dany on their dragons sooner?

And if something happens to Brienne, there will be hell to pay!

by Anonymousreply 252April 29, 2019 1:23 AM

bump

by Anonymousreply 253April 29, 2019 1:53 AM

More

by Anonymousreply 254April 29, 2019 1:59 AM

Well I don’t think any of the spoilers had Arya killing the NK. Friki’s leaks and a few of the others seem to be accurate, but their info is mostly on the second half of the season.

by Anonymousreply 255April 29, 2019 2:27 AM

Arya killing the Night King (fueled by magic from Melisandre) was a big surprise.

by Anonymousreply 256April 29, 2019 2:30 AM

Meh Arya. It was too easy.

by Anonymousreply 257April 29, 2019 2:43 AM

Arya will kill Cersei as well? Green eyes, brown eyes,blue eyes .........

by Anonymousreply 258April 29, 2019 2:59 AM

can't see a fucking thing in this episode. pitch black.

by Anonymousreply 259April 29, 2019 4:03 AM

Aren't Sansa and Tyrion technically still married?

by Anonymousreply 260April 29, 2019 4:21 AM

I thought so. I liked them together tonight. But they won't end up together, I believe that.

by Anonymousreply 261April 29, 2019 4:36 AM

Rhaegel survives. When you look at the previews for the next episode, there are two dragons in the air in one shot. It's obvi not Viserion who died when the Night King was killed in a rather anti-climatic way if you ask me.

by Anonymousreply 262April 29, 2019 4:40 AM

Yeah, the preview for next week is the only way I knew the other dragon survived. Was he the one who got his neck chomped on this episode? I couldn't tell wth was going on with the dragon fighting.

Glad ghost was there too!

by Anonymousreply 263April 29, 2019 4:43 AM

Rhaegal took half Viserion's face off. Both dragon's fell out of the sky. Rhaegal managed to land w/out dropping Jon; Viserion fell straight down, dropped the NK and plopped into Winterfell's main courtyard. He was partially immobile, could only move enough keep Jon pinned. Not too hard.

[bold] What is Jon's point. I don't understand the hype. [/bold]

by Anonymousreply 264April 29, 2019 5:02 AM

why did red witch take off the necklace?

by Anonymousreply 265April 29, 2019 9:23 AM

ARRRRGGGGH I CAN'T.

dany is a horrible queen. she takes her people (who, due to her stupidity, are without their khal now) to another damn continent and throws them to the lions without proper weapons or anything. even mel-pyromaniac cares more about the poor dothraki and actually bothers to arm them.

jon is the dumbest fuck that has ever walked the planet: oh hai i'm a totally inexperienced dragonrider but imma gonna take this aotd-exterminator into these cold mists where imma gonna get lost and my gf, instead of burning the dead fuckers, will have to search for me half of the episode!!!! derp

fuck jon. fuck dany. because of them winterfell was destroyed and everybody died.

by Anonymousreply 266April 29, 2019 10:29 AM

I'm glad Arya was the hero right--taking it away from Jon and Dany.

by Anonymousreply 267April 29, 2019 12:19 PM

So is Arya Azor Ahai? Did she fit the prophecy?

by Anonymousreply 268April 29, 2019 12:21 PM

More people died when Cersei blew up the Sept than in this “war to end all wars.” Watching Sam wiggle around in a pile of wights yet STILL SURVIVE is ridiculous. Brienne was pinned against that wall for how long?

This show ended in Season 4 when Arya got on that boat to Braavos.

by Anonymousreply 269April 29, 2019 1:20 PM

R269, correct.

by Anonymousreply 270April 29, 2019 1:59 PM

She’s coming for you Green Eyes

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 271April 29, 2019 2:06 PM

r265, she wanted to meet the God of Light as her true self.

by Anonymousreply 272April 29, 2019 2:26 PM

Davos had said that if he ever saw her again, he would kill her. This episode reiterated that when she told him not to bother killing her because she would be dead by morning.

by Anonymousreply 273April 29, 2019 2:30 PM

Sam surviving the battle was beyond jumping the shark. It was just plain fucking silly.

by Anonymousreply 274April 29, 2019 2:45 PM

No matter how it ends, this is how it ends.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 275April 29, 2019 2:47 PM

r274, Sam is a plot device. He is expositional. You cannot kill him.

r275, If Jon had hemis, that would be so soothing.

by Anonymousreply 276April 29, 2019 2:50 PM

Amusing how with all these "spoilers" absolutely no-one said Arya would kill the Night King.

by Anonymousreply 277April 29, 2019 3:11 PM

Arya probably won't kill Cersei now. They can't give her the two biggest kills!

I want Jaime to do it. I like the theory that Bronn accidentally kills Brienne, Jaime kills Bronn and then goes after Cersei because she hired Bronn.

by Anonymousreply 278April 29, 2019 3:20 PM

So Valyrian steel can kill the Night King but dragon fire can't? Why? I know the show runners won't give us an explanation for this, but to me it makes no sense in the show's universe. Valyrian steel is supposedly forged with dragon fire. I guess with magic spells, too. Maybe the magic spells are the key?

by Anonymousreply 279April 29, 2019 4:40 PM

Wasn’t it prophesied that Cersei will be killed by her own brother? It would be most likely Jaime - her one true ❤️. That would be poetic.

by Anonymousreply 280April 29, 2019 4:42 PM

R277 I'd seen a few people theorize that it would go down exactly like that. Because of Sam seeing that very dagger in one of the books he stole.

Also, there was a series of leaks on Reddit that called it EXACTLY. They got many other things right, too.

They claim that Jon Snow will kill Dany. !00% confirmed.

by Anonymousreply 281April 29, 2019 4:48 PM

Yeah, well I have to laugh at all the leaks and speculation because most of it was wrong. And no one needed insider information to figure out that Edd, Theon and Jorah would die. My own list was a little longer because I had Podrick on it and possibly Tormund. I was impressed with the way their shot Lyanna Mormont's death. It was a surprise and very satisfying.

I like the way they handled it. I think a lot of people were predicting, "leaking" that Jon would have this huge confrontation with The Night King and they would fight . Others were sure this would drag out and WInterfell would burn, and they'd flee. So having the Ice dragon pin Jon down, and having Dany fighting for her life just as the Night King walks into the grove by the Weirwood Tree, was well done.

I knew Bran wasn't going to die. But I had no idea how he'd deal with his confrontation. I wondered if he would warg into the Night King and make him kill himself. Or have his own Whitewalkers kill him. Arya was a surprise, but then if you think about it everything she has done from Season one forward, made sens. It was a through line and the writers did a great job of tying up everything in Arya's storyline.

by Anonymousreply 282April 29, 2019 5:02 PM

Are all the Dothraki dead? Or just most of them? A few trickled back with Jorah.

I feel kind of bad for them, the expendable brown people.

by Anonymousreply 283April 29, 2019 5:04 PM

R283, right? I was pissed off with that optic....and how stupid to have your cavalry charge the dead instead of flanking them. I guess there was no flanking to be had with a crowd that big and being unable to see a damned thing.

All that production $$$$$ and you couldn't have lit this a bit better?

I loved how the Unsullied were the fucking bomb in this, protecting the retreat, circling around Mel' while she lit the trenches. I loved Melisandre in this...she redeemed her ass, walked out towards the sun, and crumbled into dust. I remember when Leaf said she had walked the planet for a hundred years.....I think Mel' was one of the Children, and maybe even the Ghost of Highheart.

We better be getting some resolution with who/what she was and the NK's motivation. That he wanted to erase the memory of men from Westeros was a little too cute in my opinion. I want some damned flashbacks from the 3-eyed one.

And what the fuck was with the crows? Did he offer help or was he just flying around to get the details for his memory reel? In a lot of ways I want to kick Bran, but it was obvious that he knew the outcome beforehand. AND, I saw that funny look when he handed the Valyrian blade to her in the Weirwood grove, and after seeing it in the book, next to the 'cure' page, and it had several colors of the dragonglass, I knew it was the weapon to kill the NK. Still, Dany trying to take him out and that smile was everything. Loved it!

by Anonymousreply 284April 29, 2019 6:20 PM

Ugh, I’m pissed Cersei won’t have to deal with the dead.

by Anonymousreply 285April 29, 2019 7:08 PM

Indeed there was no flanking possible, and the Dothraki strength is on horses and on open field. I've said earlier that I think the plan was to send to Doth in, up to most of them survive as they take out as many undead as possible (and slowing them down), then they return on the quick horses. Instead, the swarm was just too much, and I'd be surprised if as much as 25% survived that push. And from the whole battle, I'll predict that Dothraki survived, but almost none enough to be more than possible squads for later. Hopefully they'll stick around because they're smart enough to realize that if the White Walkers were not stopped here, they'd just go south and win there, and freeze the friggin water to cross over and win in the Dothraki Sea.

I don't think Melisandre was a Child. I think she was just a human indoctrinated into the religion, and R'hllor channeled through her - in this case extending her life until her purpose is fulfilled. Classic cleric with the addition of blood magic, prophecy, radicalism, and uncertain boons from her god. GOT won't explain the Lord of Light (except perhaps at the very end), though future media might.

The crows? I really don't know. Recording the memory of the battle? Taunting the Night King towards him? Some other thing we don't have the perspective of yet (as Tyrion alludes) but Bran did?

As for Cersei - I've decided to keep some hope that the story of the undead itself, and even the threat of the Long Night, isn't over. In fact I wouldn't be shocked if the danger maintains after the show and Bran's approach is a balance of all the variables that results in an outcome that only barely pushes and holds back the problem. I still wonder why GOT, a show that by now sidelines SO much book content by now, decided Qybern, the prospective necromancer, should be so prominent.

Like if Cersei turned to killing her own people to fuel an obedient undead army that the surviving troops of Winterfell may outright refuse to tangle with (at first), would that be part of cracking Daenerys as she insists on that throne fucking ASAP? I'm not expecting this, but hoping the actual threat of the Long Night goes beyond the show-exclusive Night King.

by Anonymousreply 286April 29, 2019 7:31 PM

There are so many questions now. Will Jaime's loyalty go back to Cersei? I hope not. Like Theon, I think Jaime remains on a redemptive arc. I'm not sure if he'll be the younger sibling who kills Cersei since the show left out that prophecy by Maggy the Frog.

I think the whole Azor Ahai/Prince Who Was Promised will be ignored by the show runners. They've wrapped up the Night King/Army of the Dead storyline, so they have no need for that prophecy anymore.

Ghost is alive. What will they do with him? Probably not much, but according to articles I read, supposedly Ghost was going to do some really cool things this season. Charging out with the Dothraki in a brief scene doesn't fit the bill in my opinion.

Drogon and Rhaegal are alive. I suspect one or both may be taken down by one of the large crossbows.

Will the show have the passage of time take longer? For example, have those loyal to Daenerys regroup over a few months to prepare for Cersei's army (and just mention that it's been a few months between shows or something). That may allow for a Dany is pregnant storyline. I have a feeling the Dany is pregnant thing might not happen. It would make more sense for Cersei to strike now anyway while the forces are depleted, but two dragons can do a lot of damage. Look what one did to the Lannister forces?

I hope we don't get a power mad Dany getting killed by Jon. We already have a power mad queen in Cersei. I also hope we don't get Tyrion going on trial for treason. It's obvious, though, the remaining episodes will deal with the politics of the Seven Kingdoms and who will rule. Sansa and Dany are still at odds. Jon has a claim to the throne. Cersei and Euron want to hang on to their power. I'll just sit back and watch it play out.

by Anonymousreply 287April 29, 2019 7:37 PM

r267

same. they wouldn't have deserved the laurels anyway. thank god for arya

by Anonymousreply 288April 29, 2019 8:37 PM

r283

ikr? the dothraki lose their leader drogo because dany is a moron and trusts an embittered stranger to take care of him. then they have to follow the dumb blonde because they have nowhere else to go. she refuses to respect their customs and burns their other khals, essentially usurping the tribes. THEN she takes them to another continent that's about to be destroyed by some sort of a zombie army - like, ALL of them would have been better off in essos. srsly. THEN she doesn't even care to arm them with effective-against-AOTD weapons and ignores warfare strategy completely - not even TRYING to make sure the people she has brought to the westerosi hell have a CHANCE to survive or at least fight on more equal footing.... i can't. i just can't. and now the people - a nation basically - has been annihilated because of dany's indifference.

by Anonymousreply 289April 29, 2019 8:44 PM

yes, everyone was saying it was too dark

by Anonymousreply 290April 29, 2019 8:53 PM

The show has become very feminist this season, don't you think? Arya and not Hero Jon saves the day by killing the Night King; Jon slips into increasing irrelevance while the Cersei vs. Dany vs. Sansa battle grows ever more prominent. Tyrion has become a cipher and Jaime has to rely on Brienne to help bail out his cute Danish butt at Winterfell. And, Melisandre also played a key role in the defeat of the Night King. Yeah, women are ruling the final season.

by Anonymousreply 291April 29, 2019 9:21 PM

R291 Well, yes, the show is out of the hands of the rape obsessed icky Martin now.

by Anonymousreply 292April 29, 2019 9:30 PM

It's also true, R291, that the women of the show have stayed dynamic because they haven't been turned into "fan favorites" with "redemption arcs." It's now pretty much forgotten that Tyrion murdered not only his father but also his hapless girlfriend, and that Jamie raped Cersei in front of the corpse of one of their children. They are now sensitive, caring, noble people, and that's the kiss of death in a gory fantasy saga. Characters like that don't make things happen.

Cersei and Dany, on the other hand, are heading into battle because they are never changing or reforming. They started out bad news, and they are staying bad news. Sansa and Arya have had realistic story arcs: they started out innocent girls and became killers over the course of the civil wars.

by Anonymousreply 293April 29, 2019 9:50 PM

Everyone assumes that someone will kill Cersei, but I'm not so sure that is the case; I think being cast out of Kings Landing as some sort of untouchable/pariah would be a worst punishment for her. After the series long quest to kill her, it would be an interesting choice of Arya decided letting her live with no kingdom, family or $$ would be a worst punishment than death.

by Anonymousreply 294April 29, 2019 10:13 PM

If that happened, R294, it would be a veritable death sentence for Cersei. She is hated by the common folk and has made numerous enemies, both high born and low. Someone would kill her if she was left penniless with no protection.

by Anonymousreply 295April 29, 2019 10:26 PM

[quote]Amusing how with all these "spoilers" absolutely no-one said Arya would kill the Night King.

As someone upthread noted, there was actually two freefolk posters that had it months ago— right down to Theon’s death via the NK’s spear, and Arya’s leap and dagger use to kill the NK.

The one that had the Jon and Dany stuff, her brother was a crew member and she says he only heard about the Jon killing Dany from another crew member, so wait and see... but I can buy it.

The show is pointing to a power struggle btw Dany and Sansa with a Cersei side battle, and both Jon and Tyrion caught in the middle. Jon keeps getting hit over the head with family, family, family so yeah if he thinks Dany has betrayed his family or will harm people, he might kill her. Jon is gonna be pretty lost now that his quest is done.

Cersei is probably going to die, but it’s not going to be at Arya’s hands. That would just be dumb at this point.

by Anonymousreply 296April 29, 2019 11:13 PM

Jon is just dumb beefcake as far as I'm concerned.

by Anonymousreply 297April 29, 2019 11:41 PM

Did anyone manage to obtain clearer pictures ?

by Anonymousreply 298April 29, 2019 11:43 PM

R296 Esquire also called it last week

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 299April 29, 2019 11:58 PM

Wouldn't be surprised if Arya completely turns on Dany and sides with Sansa after that shitshow display of leadership she showed against the Night King. The parallels of Sansa's behavior in the crypt with Tyrion and how Cersei was with Sansa during the Battle of Blackwater seems meaningful, she has evolved into an iron lady. She wants the North independent from the South and she isn't backing down, from Dany or Jon.

Based on the prophecy Dany got way back in Season 1, Tyrion is probably going to betray her, so the treason stuff rings true. Considering how hot headed she was about how his plans failed back before she launched her invasion and how concerned he was about her executions of the Tarlys, it's not out of left field. Maybe he cuts some kind of deal with Cersei to try and keep her alive? Poisons/kills Danys dragons since they're basically living, breathing nukes? Maybe Dany goes after Sansa and or Tyrion and everyone around Jon convinces him that she's just like her father and enough is enough (if the Jon killing Dany thing is legit). Ultimately, I think Dany is a great wartime leader, but her style will cause people to turn on her quick in peacetime. Hell, look at what happened to Winston Churchill in real life

by Anonymousreply 300April 30, 2019 12:54 AM

All good points, R300. It's just that we already have a mad queen in Cersei, who is a twisted, sick fuck. If Dany goes rogue and starts assassinating people or going after them, she'll just be another Cersei. I agree, though, that she's probably not the right one to sit on the throne. She's more of a conqueror. Jon would be a good ruler, but he'd need advisors. Yet Dany freed slaves and is concerned about the people, or has at least shown that she is. She probably truly wants this to be the last war. I hope she comes around to having the Seven Kingdoms be independent, more like a Commonwealth, with their own rulers, but doubtful she gets there.

by Anonymousreply 301April 30, 2019 1:06 AM

I read an article that stated that the darkness of last night's episode was due to HBO and/or cable stations being half-ass regarding compression and band width; elements that would affect the clarity of shows. Considering the battle took place at night, during the winter, Director Extraordinaire Miguel Sapochnik and/or show runners Dan and Dave wanted to portray a realistic look of war at night and to give us, the viewers, some feeling of what it was like from the characters' perspective. I get that but the article implies that the compression/band width issues made it darker than intended.

On the bright side, no pun intended, Miguel Sapochnik will direct Episode 5 which will more than likely be the Battle of Kings Landing in broad daylight.

by Anonymousreply 302April 30, 2019 1:45 AM

Shit show ever since they run out of the book.

by Anonymousreply 303April 30, 2019 2:05 AM

oh yeah? band width problem? I don't know if I buy that? Anyone watch it on stream? was it just as dark?

by Anonymousreply 304April 30, 2019 3:45 AM

R282 this ONE leak has been proven now to be a real actual leak. It said exactly how Arya would kill the NK, and that's also the leak that states Jon will kill The Khaleesi.

I believe that Cersei, Daenerys, and Arya all being pregnant will make Jon consider the future. Each of those children would have a claim to the Iron Throne. Each would wind up in a war with the others over who gets the power. Dany was all about breaking the wheel, freeing slaves, and doing away with birthright succession. The idea was after her reign, the next ruler would be chosen more like how Jon was picked to be King in the North. Something much closer to democracy.

This notion has slowly fallen by the wayside for Dany. When Tyrion attempts to discuss succession with her, but she angrily puts it off until after she's taken the throne. There's been foreshadowing for years of her being like her father, the Mad King. I believe it will become clear to Jon that if Daenerys Targaryen were to become Queen, it would be "more of the same." And, in circumstances I can't currently imagine, decides that her death will lead to a more fair, and decent way of life for the people of Westeros.

by Anonymousreply 305April 30, 2019 3:56 AM

Does anyone have an idea or link as to where I could watch the two past episodes online? I don't have the HBO. Thanks!

by Anonymousreply 306April 30, 2019 4:10 AM

yes i do but I can't put it here or this thread will be deleted.

by Anonymousreply 307April 30, 2019 4:24 AM

Fair enough. Off to Reddit I go...

by Anonymousreply 308April 30, 2019 4:35 AM

R292 Wrong. Martin planned out the series ending with the showrunners. GRRM wants it to be about girl power and the matriarchy. It has ridiculously become too imbalanced in that direction.

by Anonymousreply 309April 30, 2019 4:40 AM

R301 breaking the wheel. No more iron throne and no more King or queen of the 7 kingdoms. Dany and Jon don't show up at Tyrion's trial at the Dragonpit...do they kill each other in a fight? Does TL get fired?

by Anonymousreply 310April 30, 2019 4:48 AM

I don't think the Night King and whights storyline is finished yet. I think Bran was slowly turning into the Night King and the Night King wanted to kill him before he completely took over his body. Wasn't Bran told that if he stays whorged for too long he will become whatever he has turned into?

by Anonymousreply 311April 30, 2019 4:49 AM

The storytelling on the show has gotten worse since they ran out of books to adapt.

There have some great moments but there's no character development or depth of plot now. It's just a race from set piece to set piece.

by Anonymousreply 312April 30, 2019 5:51 AM

R312 I would agree that in season 7, it's not what it was in season 1-4. However, I think the last two episodes have brought us some wonderful character moments- in episode 2 Brienne getting knighted, and I was moved to tears by Theon's end in episode 3.

It was both surprising yet contextually obvious that the last part of the Theon arc was to earn forgiveness - from Yara, from Sansa, from Jon ('I can't forgive everything' - it's obvious in retrospect only Bran could do that) and finally Bran in the heart of the Godswood. "You're a good man." Reek wasn't even a man, if you recall - a GRRM moment, there for sure. Theon won, in a sense, his manhood back. He died whole, forgiven, and yes, loved.

As Brother Ray said to Sandor Clegene 'It's never too late to come back.

by Anonymousreply 313April 30, 2019 5:57 AM

The dead are done. There’s no indication they’ll go back to that story and one of the producers said that ep 3 is the end of it. It’s obvious they wanted to clear the decks for all the interpersonal character battles. Hell the hashtag HBO is using to promote the season is #forthethrone.

Friki, the usually reliable leaker, has revised some of his past info today after getting some of the Winterfell stuff wrong. He had originally stated Jaime dies in Ep 4 but now says he thinks that info was inaccurate. He has no comment on the Jon kills Dany spoiler, but is still saying Tyrion’s trial will happen.

by Anonymousreply 314April 30, 2019 6:06 AM

man, if jon kills dany.... he's beyond redemption. he and his family have only used her. i don't like dany but man... she gave jon her manpower, armies and dragons. he didn't handle them carefully: a dragon and a half+all her people got nerfed thanks to his idiotic strategy. his family has been less than welcoming and THEN he tells her he's a prince more deserving of the throne than her? after using everything she gave him out of love?

she should have stayed in essos. she and her dragons and her people were nothing but tools to jon and his stark siblings. she trusted him and if he kills her...fuck him. i have always disliked jon for being a dumb cunt but... that'd be some next level treason even if dany started going a bit nuts.

wouldn't you go nuts if everything was taken from you like that? everything you had, all the support AND the strength of your claim to boot? i know i would...

poor dany. she's a bit of a dumb blonde herself and only drogo and jorah have ever cared about her...

by Anonymousreply 315April 30, 2019 7:56 AM

The emphasis on how Dany has followed Jon to the North out of love was to make her sound like a tragic figure when she dies.

by Anonymousreply 316April 30, 2019 8:11 AM

i'm fine with dany dying tragically but i'm going to loathe the ending if jon turns out to be a treacherous cunt (and not just an idiot as we have been led to believe so far) and will be whitewashed as the series' hero anyway....

by Anonymousreply 317April 30, 2019 8:17 AM

Except all Dany has talked about was the Throne and bits about Breaking the Wheel. Then she met Jon and leapt into bed with him which seemed a two-bit from her. I'd have an easier time believing she'd sacrifice for Jorah - or even for that sweet side piece she had earlier, than for Jon. I know it's meant to be a love to end all loves but to me she scans ad just his Important Travelling Companion Who Bring Dragons.

by Anonymousreply 318April 30, 2019 8:22 AM

"THEN he tells her he's a prince more deserving of the throne than her" He never said that. He said he's a Targaryen, and they both understand that means he has a claim to the Iron Throne.

Someone with a claim can relinquish that claim. He said nothing about him or her being deserving. Royal thrones usually run by bloodlines by default, and he is notifying her. They will start making decisions about this in the next episode.

If Dany goes conquest-obsessed (especially after losing her earliest positive inspiration about it, Jorah), that's another matter. She may have had her place in the battle, and she may still have her followers, but if she's happily insisting that the survivors of Winterfell must march south ASAP for her manifest destiny, things are getting fucky!

by Anonymousreply 319April 30, 2019 8:25 AM

r319

well what i meant is that the moment he claimed to be a direct desendant of rhaegar (and not a bastard) that'd make him more deserving of the throne than her - ot by the virtue of his wits or character but because in this society stronger legal claim=more deserving, sort of.

by Anonymousreply 320April 30, 2019 8:31 AM

Varys is very much Team Targ. When Tyrion falls out with Dany he will likely be made Hand Of The Queen.

by Anonymousreply 321April 30, 2019 9:53 AM

Varys already declared he's only, and singularly, "for the good of The Realm"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 322April 30, 2019 9:58 AM

Sadly, just watching that teensy, tiny clip I just posted reminds me of how very, very, VERY good it once was.

by Anonymousreply 323April 30, 2019 10:07 AM

Where ARE my undereye bag removing derms??

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 324April 30, 2019 10:09 AM

Just to make up (only somewhat) for the Deus Ex Arya letdown....

I present the top ten most satisfying deaths in what was, up til last night, the best series ever made:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 325April 30, 2019 10:48 AM

Killing off Dany made sense as much as I don’t want it to happen. But Jon doing it? Maybe just a red hrerring? She’s not the rightful heir to the throne. So the only way is to get rid of her to have a ‘bittersweet’ ending. Her, dead. Jon ,sitting on the throne.

by Anonymousreply 326April 30, 2019 11:40 AM

All these people complaining about the Night King getting killed by Arya in Episode 3. It's like you've lived with this existential threat for so long, you get angry when it's removed. Like, "Now what will we do?"

I 'm not worried about Dany going crazy and turning into her father. I think for purposes of this story, Cersei is the Mad Queen. I sincerely hope Tyrion doesn't betray anyone and he survives. But I won't be surprised if he inadvertently backs into some kind of situation where whatever his motivation is, it all backfires and he is fucked.

I was thinking that it would be nice if Dany could give Gendry his father's name and legitimize him, but I don't think she will. She might be insecure enough to think he could make a claim to the throne somewhere down the road. I think Sansa will never give up the North, I agree with that. So now we have two Targaryens, two Lannisters, two Starks, and a Baratheon living, and the guys all have working dicks. My prediction is Sansa becomes Warden of the North. Either that, or she ends up on the Iron Throne. She has emerged as a strong leader.

by Anonymousreply 327April 30, 2019 11:48 AM

In season 7, didn’t Melisandre tell Varys they would both die on the Island of Dragonstone?

by Anonymousreply 328April 30, 2019 12:24 PM

R326 if someone does kill Dany to have Jon on the throne, it could explain why they are girl powering the shit out of it before that happens.

by Anonymousreply 329April 30, 2019 1:15 PM

So when is Euron going to die? I heard some kind of rumor that he hires the faceless men to assassinate Cersei. It turns out Ja'gen H'gar is the guy, but he gives Arya the assignment. She kills Euron, takes his face to kill Cersei. Now that is irony.

by Anonymousreply 330April 30, 2019 1:25 PM

The rumor I've heard is that Cersei kidnaps Dany or Sansa to lure Jon in to trying to rescue them.... I've also heard Cersei blows everyone up with wildfire.

by Anonymousreply 331April 30, 2019 1:26 PM

[quote]In season 7, didn’t Melisandre tell Varys they would both die on the Island of Dragonstone?

She tells him he has to die in “this strange country (Westeros)” same as she. It wasn’t specific to Dragonstone.

[quote]"Oh, I will return dear Spider," she replies. "One last time. I have to die in this strange country, just like you."

by Anonymousreply 332April 30, 2019 2:06 PM

I read a rumor that Cersei has Missandrei executed. That one I can believe. I don't think she and Grey Worm will get their house on the beach...

by Anonymousreply 333April 30, 2019 2:53 PM

I want Cersei to win. If RR were had written these last books, all the Winter-Fell folks would be dead and Cersei would be victorious

by Anonymousreply 334April 30, 2019 3:09 PM

Why did this weeks Battle Episode remind me so much of Dynasty's Moldavian Massacre?

In the end of all the slaughter, the main characters will all get get, dust themselves off, and continue on.

by Anonymousreply 335April 30, 2019 3:10 PM

People have better imaginations than those writing GoT.

None of the interesting predictions have come true. Everyone unfolded in the obvious sequence.

by Anonymousreply 336April 30, 2019 3:11 PM

Arya has finally felt cock and that will become her obsession

by Anonymousreply 337April 30, 2019 3:13 PM

I would like to see Jaqen again. He doesn't need to give Arya that assignment she'll do it gratis!

Cersei win? GRRM planned the ending with the showrunners. The series ending will be similar to the books' ending.

by Anonymousreply 338April 30, 2019 3:13 PM

[quote] I read an article that stated that the darkness of last night's episode was due to HBO and/or cable stations being half-ass regarding compression and band width

There was so much pixelation on my TV, it was obvious the station broadcasted in high compression.

This may be happening all the time, but, since so much happened in the dark this week, it affected the entire episode

by Anonymousreply 339April 30, 2019 3:15 PM

The series will end with ALL of Cersei's enemies vanquished--including her traitor brothers, the Dragon Queen, all the Starks. The final image will be Cersei sitting on the Iron Throne with a Cheshire cat smile of satisfaction toasting her triumph (her 12th glass of wine that day) with loyal and loving consort Euron.

Can you imagine if that will BE the ending? The fan reaction?

by Anonymousreply 340April 30, 2019 4:01 PM

You forgot the part where Cersei learns the secrets of undeath too.

No one will resist her. Muahaha.

by Anonymousreply 341April 30, 2019 5:58 PM

Cersei queen, SHUT UP YOU DUMB BITCH!

by Anonymousreply 342April 30, 2019 7:14 PM

Cersei will not live.

My picture on TV was fine...

The Dwarf will be on the iron throne.

by Anonymousreply 343April 30, 2019 7:21 PM

Cersei not dying would be a bigger surprise

by Anonymousreply 344April 30, 2019 9:01 PM

Arya killing the NK wasn't a deus ex machina. What was lame was his surviving dragon fire. Arya's a trained, experienced magical assassin. Why wouldn't she be the one to kill the NK in a stealth manner?

I think the Battle of Winterfell had to be the intended end of the Winds of Winter--and that would make sense--it's a closer, so it feels really, really weird to have it happen in the middle of a season.

The farther on GOT gets, the more I wish GRRM had finished the series. You can see his plot points--Arya killing the NK by stealth, Viserion becoming the ice dragon to bring down the Wall, amid the cliches of D&D.

If Jon kills Dany, it might be by accident the way she killed Drogo and her own child. But this time, the child lives. It would be Martin-like to have some sort of parallel.

by Anonymousreply 345April 30, 2019 9:01 PM

“It dumbed down everyone from Tyrion to Melisandre”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 346April 30, 2019 11:50 PM

I agree with people who wrote upthread that we're probably not going to get much more explanation about the Night King because supposedly the prequel series is covering the first Long Night from ages ago. They don't want to get locked into anything by way of explanation that they may want to undo in the prequel.

The picture was dark, but it was a fight at night with a snow storm swirling. Visibility was never going to be great. I have seen screen captures of the dragon battle, though, that helped a lot in understanding what was happening. I think that scene was difficult because they kept cutting back and forth AND it was really dark. The screen captures helped me see stuff I hadn't seen, like that Rhaegal had ripped out part of Viserion's jaw.

by Anonymousreply 347May 1, 2019 1:04 AM

Dark screen=cheap production

by Anonymousreply 348May 1, 2019 1:06 AM

Whomever posted those spoiler screen shots from Sunday's episode, I sure hope you can get some from Episode 5 when hopefully Cuntsei gets fucked up.

by Anonymousreply 349May 1, 2019 1:44 AM

Look I get it. They used a lot of extras, but they also used a lot of CGI, and the darker night time attack allows them to cut a few corners.

by Anonymousreply 350May 1, 2019 1:57 AM

R348 No it was quite expensive to do. The German Cinematographer(Fabian Wagner) is a total cunt though. He explained that they used a lot of natural light like Barry Lyndon BUT that was a bullshit excuse.It is true that most people don't have calibrated TVs AND don't have 4K. Using natural light contributed to the darkness but there are ways in post-production to master the film for proper home viewing.

by Anonymousreply 351May 1, 2019 2:27 AM

R349 Empress Dowager Cersei doesn't get fucked up in episode 5 . She is much smarter than she seems. So is Euron......

by Anonymousreply 352May 1, 2019 2:29 AM

R351, and "Natural light" for 55 nights of shooting after dark? Really? He sounds like an ass.

by Anonymousreply 353May 1, 2019 2:38 AM

They said they spent 15-20 million on this episode and 750 people. I was NOT impressed.

by Anonymousreply 354May 1, 2019 4:32 AM

I downloaded a high def copy and it was STILL dark.

Is there a 2Gig copy available?

by Anonymousreply 355May 1, 2019 4:34 AM

I’ve read some spoilers that indicate Cersei dies in Ep 5. It sounds like Arya, Jaime, and the Hound manage to fight through the rioting crowds in Kings Landing on a suicide mission to prevent the destruction of the city, maybe due to Drogon, maybe something else. This is when the two Clegane brothers will meet again. Spoilers indicate Jaime dies with Cersei, which is kinda expected so I’m hoping there’s more to it or it’s wrong info.

by Anonymousreply 356May 1, 2019 5:04 AM

Can someone link to the accurate spoiler person at freefolk?

by Anonymousreply 357May 1, 2019 7:51 AM

Gendry is hot. I’d prefer a hairy chest, but he’s still hot. We need to see him naked.

And, after all this, where is Bronn and his crossbow?

by Anonymousreply 358May 1, 2019 9:21 AM

R357 I don't think they exist. The one guy who was supposed to be the most accurate leak was mostly wrong. Neither Brienne nor odrick died. Jon did not have a major fight with the Night King and kill him. Dany was not inured with both her dragons surrounding her. She did fall off her dragon so it could free itself from the zombies that were climbing all over it, and when Ser Jorah died, Drogon did land and surround her with his protective wings to console her which bears a vague resemblance to a scene that never occured. GIlly did not die. Missandei did not die. Gray Worm did not die. etc.

by Anonymousreply 359May 1, 2019 11:19 AM

Most of those "leakers" are so full of it. One leaker who claimed to be so creditable (cough) said The Night King would not make an appearance in Episode 3; instead he would go directly to Kings Landing. The same fleaker said Melisandre wouldn't show up in the same episode. As we know, that wasn't true.

by Anonymousreply 360May 1, 2019 2:50 PM

Why pay any attention to leakers? The series will be over in 3 weeks. Calm your tits, and enjoy the last three episodes.

by Anonymousreply 361May 1, 2019 2:55 PM

R360 There are correct leakers, so 'most' was right, in that some stuff does get out.

The stuff that does get out from these people does not inspire the most confidence to me. This was a show I enjoyed as a 9/10 (aka really great, even if constrained by television) and now it is more of a 7/10, at least at times (fallen into mediocre writing but with a higher effects budget per episode).

by Anonymousreply 362May 1, 2019 4:06 PM

Right, R362, because dragons don't require a higher special effects budget? Or hordes if Zombies at Hardhome or the Lake don't require a bigger special effects budget? In the early seasons we sent time at The Wall, and King's Landing mostly. Oh. Littlefinger's brothel, too. and the battle scenes were largely guys fighting guys with mace and swordplay. Direwolves.

I'd give this series a 9/10, and it's been great. I think the special effects have largely been very effective. Last episode, had some incredible scenes. And we've become so accustomed to the brilliant way they do the dragons, it would be easy to believe they're real.

by Anonymousreply 363May 1, 2019 4:43 PM

Hey r227, can you get some screen shots for next Sunday's episode; Episode 4? I'm hearing rumors that Director David Nutter is bringing us another Red Wedding like episode where some major characters die. He directed the Season 3 Red Wedding show The Rains of Castamere.

by Anonymousreply 364May 1, 2019 11:47 PM

Major characters? You mean glorified red shirts die again! What a farce the fucking Long Night was, Rumor is just like the prophecy in the book, Jon will kill Dany. Also many major characters(who actually survive the war) show up at the Dragonpit after the war is over. It is supposedly a trial for Tyrion. Even The Waif and Jaqen showed up in Spain when they shot the Dragonpit sequence!

by Anonymousreply 365May 2, 2019 5:02 AM

Sophie Turner just married Joe Jonas in vegas! what a fucking cliché

by Anonymousreply 366May 2, 2019 5:42 AM

Where are you hearing this r365? I’ve heard Ep 4 is more of a set up to Ep 5, the big showdown in KL where there will be much mayhem and destruction. Dany burning down the city, Cersei locking the gates, stampedes and riots, a suicide mission, etc.

Those screencaps usually don’t come out until the episode leaks, usually sometime Sunday, usually via private discords to start before getting uploaded. If we get them again, I’ll post them.

by Anonymousreply 367May 2, 2019 5:56 AM

The only great thing to come from 8.3 was Arya killing the NK.

4 is the set up for the battle in 5 with the dénouement in 6.

In 6, they sing Kumbayah as Spring is here!!!

Such big surprises abound.

by Anonymousreply 368May 2, 2019 6:03 AM

Love how all these leaks were so off.

by Anonymousreply 369May 2, 2019 6:23 AM

My favorite "leak" is Tyrion kills everyone in the dragonpit (along with himself) with wildfire and the only people left alive are the poor folks and Theon who wasn't in the dragonpit.

by Anonymousreply 370May 2, 2019 12:06 PM

I also like the "leak" about how an undead horse falls on Jaime during the Battle of Winterfell.

by Anonymousreply 371May 2, 2019 12:11 PM

How will Cersei die? Or WILL Cersei die? I think now we've seen how the writers handled the Night King, we need to think of something that makes perfect sense yet we aren't paying much attention to.

by Anonymousreply 372May 2, 2019 5:54 PM

I can see Euron strangling her and trying to get control of the Iron Throne himself. I think the Jaime thing is too obvious.

by Anonymousreply 373May 2, 2019 5:59 PM

R373, I agree with you, except I'm betting Cersei kills Euron before he kills her.

by Anonymousreply 374May 2, 2019 6:41 PM

so many people are predicting that Jamie will kill Cersei.

by Anonymousreply 375May 2, 2019 6:43 PM

It's because the witch's prophecy concerning her, R375; the writers can't really ignore that.

by Anonymousreply 376May 2, 2019 6:46 PM

Except they did by not putting that part of the prophecy in the show r376. Watch that scene again; Cersei’s death never comes up.

by Anonymousreply 377May 2, 2019 6:55 PM

So, after confirming some info I’m 99% certain both Jaime and Cersei die. Not a big leap of course. Don’t know how, just that they both die, most likely in Ep 5.

This info came from someone who had the “Arya kills the NK” back in January. This info also didn’t come from the freefolk reddit.

by Anonymousreply 378May 2, 2019 6:59 PM

That's true, R377, although they may have done so to avoid overforshadowing Cersei's end. Or, maybe Cersei will survive them all, who knows?

by Anonymousreply 379May 2, 2019 7:04 PM

[quote]Except they did by not putting that part of the prophecy in the show [R376]. Watch that scene again; Cersei’s death never comes up.

But she was the one that said the show's early catch phrase, "When you play the game of thrones, you win or you die."

And everyone that's played against her has done the latter as she has continued to win. I feel as if she's going to die.

by Anonymousreply 380May 2, 2019 7:05 PM

So no spoiler yet on who will be sitting on the throne at end?

by Anonymousreply 381May 2, 2019 7:08 PM

Arya killing the Night King was anti-climactic for me. She had no prior history with the NK. I thought it should be Jon or Brann who did it. In fact, I was waiting for Brann to rise out of that wheelchair and put the warger's smackdown on the NK.

Oh well...

by Anonymousreply 382May 2, 2019 7:13 PM

[quote]But she was the one that said the show's early catch phrase, "When you play the game of thrones, you win or you die." And everyone that's played against her has done the latter as she has continued to win. I feel as if she's going to die.

Well yes she’s going to die, don’t doubt it. Just that prophecy of the valonquer has not been introduced in the show. If it happens and Cersei is taken out by a “younger sibling” (which could be any number of people) then we can say in hindsight the valonquer prophecy was part of it. But if you’re just watching the show and had never read the books than the prophecy is meaningless as foreshadowing.

Which I think is the reason they never had it in the witch scene— so the writers could have wiggle room to use it or not.

by Anonymousreply 383May 2, 2019 7:25 PM

Knowing the showrunners, probably an extra, like Cersei's handmaiden or a day player guard, will kill Cersei.

by Anonymousreply 384May 2, 2019 7:33 PM

She'll trip over an empty wine bottle and fall and hit her head and die. Surprise!!

by Anonymousreply 385May 2, 2019 7:41 PM

Jaime’s the surprise survival of the series.

by Anonymousreply 386May 2, 2019 8:03 PM

They'll be no happy ending for Jaime.

by Anonymousreply 387May 2, 2019 8:07 PM

[R385] I wouldn't be surprised if that was her end.

by Anonymousreply 388May 2, 2019 8:28 PM

Well maybe Cersei decides to blow up something with wildfire, after she figures out a way to entice her enemies to go there, but Tyrion gets wind of it and outsmarts her and she ends up blowing herself up. Her father told her she wasn't as smart as she thought, and Olenna chastised her to her face, for bringing the High Sparrow into their lives. She's always creating her own problems. Right now she is in bed with Euron. So maybe she is going to get outsmarted again, this time by Euron? I think the prophesies are not nearly as important as the pattern of behavior, and the past history. That's what the writers are relying on. Continuity.

by Anonymousreply 389May 2, 2019 8:49 PM

There's no point to having Cersei survive and the book prophecy about her has been one of the most accurate. Anyone besides Jaime killing her doesn't work in terms of overall arc. Also goes with each of the seven families being close to destroyed. Dorne's gone, the Martells are gone, only Baratheons left are bastards, the Arryns are one weird, sickly kid, the Greyjoys are soon to be gone except for Asha/Yara. The Lannisters won't survive--maybe Tyrion, since all dwarfs are bastards and the bastards are surviving.

Even the Starks--the girls are what's left since Bran's no longer Bran and Jon Stark is a Targaryen. It's possible that Tyrion could survive and help raise Brienne's bastard from Jaime, but if there's any through-line in the books it's that the seven great families of Essos are weak and on their way out, making way for a new era. It's also why Martin spends so much time with less "important" characters--they're the new era--self-made men like Davos, for instance.

by Anonymousreply 390May 2, 2019 8:55 PM

The TUllys led by Edmure and the Glovers at Mote Cailin might still be around. There have to be more bastards from the Martell line living in Dorne. Someone has to be in charge...maybe Bronn decided to de camp and go to Dorne and take over. Great weather, beautiful women, and lots of corruption.

by Anonymousreply 391May 2, 2019 9:00 PM

The Lannisters are done. Finito.

by Anonymousreply 392May 2, 2019 9:06 PM

R367 what I described happens after the battle. The Dragonpit sequence will feature Arya and Sansa carrying out the sentence against Tyrion. The actors who play Jon,Jaime, the Waif and Jaqen were all in Spain when the new Pit sequences were filmed.

by Anonymousreply 393May 2, 2019 9:38 PM

R390 Jon is half Stark. Tyrion might be fried to a crisp by the end of this. They've setup Tyrion not being so clever in this season. One of the biggest twists will be his trial and his death. I would love to see it happen. A real major character being killed at the end. R389 nobody would expect two things ....Euron to be the one to kill her and Cersei surviving! Her twin killing her is too predictable. Arya and the Hound taking put Mountain and Cersei could happen.

by Anonymousreply 394May 2, 2019 9:50 PM

Aryra's gonna die. Drake just put a curse on her. He gave her a shout out last night at an awards show. You guys know about the Drake curse right? LOL.

by Anonymousreply 395May 2, 2019 9:52 PM

Arya has served her purpose.

by Anonymousreply 396May 2, 2019 11:56 PM

The Jon Snow actor told EW that this Sunday’s episode depicting the aftermath of the Battle of Winterfell and the defeat of the Night King is one of his favorites. “One of my favorite episodes is 4 because the characters have seemingly got what they needed,” Harington says of the roughly 20 main characters still gathered at Winterfell. “The world is safe now. They’re celebrating and saying goodbye to lost friends. But as an audience you’re going, ‘This is only episode 4, something’s going to happen.’ And that’s the cool thing because I think the characters are aware of this as well. There’s something twisted and uncomfortable about it. It’s so Shakespearian.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 397May 3, 2019 12:01 AM

Yes red shirts get killed!

by Anonymousreply 398May 3, 2019 1:00 AM

Everybody gonna fuck!

by Anonymousreply 399May 3, 2019 1:01 AM

Jaime and Brienne. Arya and Gendry. Grey Worm and Missandrei. Dany and Jon. Pod and lots of ladies!

by Anonymousreply 400May 3, 2019 1:05 AM

R381 No one will! There will be separate kingdoms after the war. Though the Snow on the ground in Dany's vision point to Jon Snow being the man after the war. However the throne room is destroyed.

by Anonymousreply 401May 3, 2019 1:36 AM

R39 Arya will probably be the one to take down Cersei in the end. Melisandre telegraphed that plot point in Season 8 episode 3. Remember its all about girl power folks........

by Anonymousreply 402May 3, 2019 1:38 AM

Feminist

by Anonymousreply 403May 3, 2019 1:40 AM

No--Arya is not going to kill Cersei. She also killed the Night King. Someone else is going to get that kill.

by Anonymousreply 404May 3, 2019 1:44 AM

Agreed

by Anonymousreply 405May 3, 2019 1:49 AM

So Cersei most definitely die ?

by Anonymousreply 406May 3, 2019 1:50 AM

Pretty certain Cersei dies in the throne room. It’s speculated she’s either killed by someone or in the building collapse.

by Anonymousreply 407May 3, 2019 2:18 AM

R404 Part of me agrees but something tells me that Arya will do it in disguise. Besides Cersei who else has green eyes on the show? Dany does........can you imagine Arya killing Dany? Wow.....

by Anonymousreply 408May 3, 2019 2:31 AM

“Green eyes” Again with this shit?

She’s already killed someone with green eyes and the whole point of that scene was to get her to go after the Night King. It’s not foreshadowing anything else.

by Anonymousreply 409May 3, 2019 2:34 AM

Yes, the "green eyes" thing has been beaten to death. Arya has killed a LOT people during the course of the show. Didn't the Waif have green eyes? Hell, aren't all of the Lannisters supposed to have green eyes?

by Anonymousreply 410May 3, 2019 2:40 AM

R410 Calm down. The show is not high fucking art. The showrunners brought up that shit for a reason. Don't be surprised if Arya becomes the princess that was promised by killing,Cersei, Dany and Euron by sticking Needle up his bum! Arya for the win....

by Anonymousreply 411May 3, 2019 2:59 AM

I think the dwarf kills Cersei. My gut tells me that.

by Anonymousreply 412May 3, 2019 5:36 AM

But he already killed his father. Not his sis too

by Anonymousreply 413May 3, 2019 5:39 AM

Well the Game of Thrones cast members like Hannah Murray and Emilia Clark and even Kit Harington, are running around to talk shows and doing interviews and they're hyping Episode 5 as "get ready, because it'll be huge..." and saying that the ending of Game of Thrones will be "shocking" and "completely unexpected." So WTF ever that means.

I have no ideas except I keep going back to Qyburn and thinking he has some role to play. Something. Also Varys? He's got a role to play. He was almost without any lines during the first three episodes. Talk about underwriting his part. But then I thought about it, and Varys had nothing to say, because they were in the North, and dealing with the zombie King. But King's Landing is Varys' turf. He knows that dynamic. So I'm expecting him to have a bigger role to play in dealing with Cersei. I'd love to see Varys and his "little birds" kill Qyburn the same way Qyburn killed Pycelle.

by Anonymousreply 414May 3, 2019 12:28 PM

Arya can't do every big kill on the show!! You have to spread the riches.

by Anonymousreply 415May 3, 2019 12:31 PM

I agree, R415. But Arya is a trained assassin. They spent a whole lot of storyline developing her character and training her to kill. No one else can do what she does.

by Anonymousreply 416May 3, 2019 1:52 PM

I just hope it doesn't end with Cersei blowing everything up with wildfire. Been there done that.

by Anonymousreply 417May 3, 2019 1:58 PM

We know Cersei hired 20,000 Golden Company soldiers. But I've read on other sites that she had the Golden Company AND the Lannister forces. Weren't the Lannister forces wiped out last year when Daenerys and the Dothraki ambushed them on the way back from taking out the Tyrell forces? Cersei still has the Golden Company and whatever followers of Euron Greyjoy there are, but I'd say her forces were depleted significantly last season.

by Anonymousreply 418May 3, 2019 2:11 PM

The Dwarf will sit on the Iron throne. I've posted this before...

by Anonymousreply 419May 3, 2019 2:14 PM

I agree, R418. She had to buy an army because she lost so many men. And the Greyjoy men are pirates, and thugs, not known for being a cohesive army. They are "muscle" to supplement someone else's army, but they aren't reliable. I keep holding out hope that we will see Daario and his Second Sons among the Gold Company, and Cersei's shit falls apart.

by Anonymousreply 420May 3, 2019 2:15 PM

Cersei going Mad Queen would be great. Lets see if they have the balls to go there. As for Tyrion sitting on an Iron Throne...will he even be alive to be king? Not only that it seems that there might not be a king or queen of the seven kingdoms anymore.

Arya already killed the Night King...so what? Do you want someone totally unexpected to kill Cersei like Jon Snow to do it instead of JL, TL or Arya?

by Anonymousreply 421May 3, 2019 3:05 PM

Possible deaths to come:

Missandei: beheaded by The Mountain Varys: unsure but death very likely The Mountain: dies in a fire The Hound: dies in a fire or mercy killed by Arya Cersei: crushed by the collapse of the Red Keep Jaime: dies from wounds received in the Red Keep Dany: killed by Jon Tyrion: executed

by Anonymousreply 422May 3, 2019 3:05 PM

I think the criticisms of episode 3 are increasingly absurd. Someone said "If Arya is supposed to be so silent, why did she scream?" It's obvious if you watch it. Arya needed the Night King to turn around and face her so she could stab him in the heart. When she yelled, he turned around and allowed that to happen.

by Anonymousreply 423May 3, 2019 3:10 PM

Spoiler Alert:

S8E4,5,6: In a twist worthy of M. Night Shyamalan a constitutional convention is called, the iron bank is nationalized and replaced with some kind of magic-y crypto currency involving the god of light and Valyrian steel or some crap. The series culminates with the establishment of a constitutional social democracy featuring Sansa as a bored and powerless monarch forced to give state dinners for dignitaries from beyond the narrow sea as punishment for her girlish dreams of being a queen lo those many, many seasons ago. The last scenes consists entirely of union and trade deliberations (written by George Lucas) until the surviving dragons fly away out of boredom - one with a bearded slob on its back swearing to anyone that will still listen that someday soon he will finish the books. Oh, and Arya kills some people for some reason only she can remember.

by Anonymousreply 424May 3, 2019 3:14 PM

Missandei getting killed is a red shirt death..so what? Supposedly The Hound does kill The Mountain as a mercy killing. He gets The Mountain with wildfire(overcoming his fear of fire) and then kills him. Cersei is supposedly pursued by someone while she is running up steps and is murdered. Arya had tons of blood on her on her last day of shooting. Just saying......

by Anonymousreply 425May 3, 2019 3:22 PM

Cersei is the real star of the show

by Anonymousreply 426May 3, 2019 3:25 PM

Jon killing Dany will be hard to pull off. I don't give a shit what prophecy from the books they are following but Dany has her fans. If she is wounded in battle and wants to die that is one thing. However Arya or JON taking her out because of the disaster at King's Landing would not be accepted by fans at this point. especially since she allied with him to fight the Night King.

by Anonymousreply 427May 3, 2019 3:27 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 428May 3, 2019 3:29 PM

R426 actually she is not. She is extremely reviled. Wait till you see the reaction shots when she dies! It will make the Night King's death look like simple childlike applause In many ways, it is Sansa and Arya's story.After the war, their importance will come into greater and more cogent focus.

All that being said, I think Cersei was a fantastic villain. After the Sept exploding she became a much less sympathetic figure and more of a camp act. Lena has been tremendous though even after the changes in her character. . She has taken piss and turned it into chardonnay!

by Anonymousreply 429May 3, 2019 3:34 PM

so it's a female on the Iron throne?

by Anonymousreply 430May 3, 2019 3:40 PM

There will be no one on the Iron Throne. The wheel is broken. Sansa will be the Lady Of Winterfell at the very least . However if someone is to be queen it will be Sansa.

by Anonymousreply 431May 3, 2019 3:43 PM

Wasnt it in character for Cersei to take it that far and blow up the Sept? I'm fine with her being less sympathetic. Shes always been a major cunt.

by Anonymousreply 432May 3, 2019 3:44 PM

So the iron throne is literally and figuratively no more?

by Anonymousreply 433May 3, 2019 4:00 PM

Cersei was a more balanced villain before she stupidly allied herself with The High Sparrow. She was far more interesting and complex. Her killing that many people, fucking Euron and a host of other things have made her a mustache twirling villianess at this point. Lena is still doing a great job in spite of the shift in character. Who was somewhat of a cunt before and Empress of All Cuntesses at this point in the show

by Anonymousreply 434May 3, 2019 4:19 PM

R433 It seems that they will go in that direction.

by Anonymousreply 435May 3, 2019 4:20 PM

Great 6 minute video that goes through the history in Game of Thrones

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 436May 3, 2019 6:29 PM

I'm glad lots of these have proved in correct. I'm looking at these spoilers but still want to be surprised.

by Anonymousreply 437May 4, 2019 3:48 AM

Jon Snow will be killed? But isn't he the rightful King ?

by Anonymousreply 438May 4, 2019 4:24 AM

Cersei is DL kind of a bitch. We love her.

by Anonymousreply 439May 4, 2019 4:35 AM

So Bran did bugger all ? Can someone tell me his contribution during the battle ?

by Anonymousreply 440May 4, 2019 6:56 AM

Cersei a DL sort of cunt? She's much too dumb to be DL anything. She also pumped her brother on a regular basis which we frown upon. Her brother should have been fucking The Mountain instead.

by Anonymousreply 441May 4, 2019 7:30 AM

How was she dumb ? Wasn’t it Cersei who suggested the use of wildfire in the Battle of Blackwater ?

by Anonymousreply 442May 4, 2019 8:16 AM

Cersei is the idiot who thought she could control the High Sparrow and use him to her own ends. She was also certain Tyrion was responsible for Joffrey's murder because she's so blinded by her hate for him. And she never taught Joffrey, that crazed idiot, how to behave like a king or even like a noble, even though he had long been in line for the throne.

by Anonymousreply 443May 4, 2019 8:37 AM

Cersei is nuts. She killed Robert....something I didn't judge her for because he was a drunken, brutal pig. Of course she knew Joffrey would one day be King. So she hastened the day thinking she'd control him, but she couldn't. He was a spoiled, out of control little shit. We saw his sniveling, bullying character when he got in the fight with Arya and Nymeria nipped his arm. So killing Robert and thinking she'd control Joffrey didn't work out. Obsessively hating on the Tyrells to the point that she brought the High Sparrow after them, didn't work out for her. The she blows up the Sept and many of the families she would need as allies blow up with it. She betrays the North with false promises and now they're coming after her. She hooks up with Euron and given her pattern, that's not going to work out. It will be interesting to see how Cersei's world unravels. Because IMO she can't win. Now every time she's been counted out she does something dramatic. I have a feeling she will make an attempt to do it again. I'm sure Sansa is giving words of wisdom to Jon and Dany but he probably won't listen, instead plunging headlong into something stupid. I truly hope she doesn't blow up King's Landing with wildfire. They've used wildfire twice. Can't think think of some other plot device?

by Anonymousreply 444May 4, 2019 12:39 PM

Three spoilers confirmed by a Reddit poster who was accurate with his season 7 info:

Missandei is executed

The Golden Company kills Rhaegal, the dragon Jon rode

Jaime and Brienne will get it on

by Anonymousreply 445May 4, 2019 1:02 PM

Yeah for Jaime/Brienne! Finally. But the Missandei thing is awful. Next to the sadly now deceased Jorah, she's Dany's most trusted aide and confidante. If this is true, Dany will sic Drogon on King's Landing and go rogue.

by Anonymousreply 446May 4, 2019 1:11 PM

I don't see them killing Missandei. Why? She is barely acknowledged. Only Tyrion and Varys know she is important. And Jon. I can see her dying in a fight, but executing her? Not buying it.

by Anonymousreply 447May 4, 2019 1:40 PM

So Brienne's gonna be fucked by the rapist who knighted her. Why the writters hate her so much?

by Anonymousreply 448May 4, 2019 1:47 PM

OK. I can see Cersei having the dragon pit laced with wildfire, and then letting one of Dany's dragons "accidentally" blow it up. We know it gets ignited with fire.

by Anonymousreply 449May 4, 2019 1:47 PM

The Missandei thing is weird. If she's executed, it has to be by the enemy, and I highly doubt that she's captured during a battle. So she has to go to KL for that to happen. And using your most trusted advisor as messenger would be the dumbest move in GoT history. Or maybe Bronn fails to kill Tyrion but brings her back with him to Cersei ?

I can see the Rhaegal thing happen, he's in bad shape and Dany is way too confident in the abilities of her children. Viseron got killed with one spear, Drogon was easily wounded with one. Surely Cersei has a lot of scorpions by now.

The Jaime/Brienne thing is old though, everyone is expecting this.

by Anonymousreply 450May 4, 2019 1:54 PM

Missandei is apparently beheaded by The Mountain on Cersei’s orders. It is a public execution ala Ned. It’s alleged this is the catalyst for the Greyworm-led Unsullied to go rogue and start killing people in KL, soldiers and smallfolk both.

[quote]So Brienne's gonna be fucked by the rapist who knighted her. Why the writters hate her so much?

Oh shut the fuck up.

by Anonymousreply 451May 4, 2019 2:16 PM

Brienne happens to be in love with "that rapist who knighted her."

by Anonymousreply 452May 4, 2019 2:28 PM

I'm about as nervous about this Sunday's Episode 4 as I was about last Sunday's Episode 3. Just as long as they don't kill Sansa, Arya, or Brienne, I'm good. If Bronn acccidently kills any of them, I want him killed and quickly.

I can't wait for those screen shots. My nerves!

by Anonymousreply 453May 4, 2019 4:58 PM

If Bronn shows up and kills Jaime I am going to be really pissed off. As for the "leak" or prediction about Missandei, I find it unbelievable. As in, I don't believe it. Missandei doesn't hang out and socialize. The only people who appreciate her importance are Varys, Tyrion, Davos, Greyworm and Jon. Period. Sansa and the others seem to dismiss her as someone loyal to Dany, but don't seem to assign importance to her. So I don't see how she might fall into Cersei's orbit, and the Mountain kill her. I don't buy it. It's stupid.

And Dany dying is stupid. The writers have to know that for at least two years tons of fans are predicting Dany dies. Or Jon dies. So it's a lazy way out. As for Jaime, again, why kill him off when his arc demands he have one last confrontation with Cersei. It makes no sense from a story point of view. None. IMO, Bran is going to tell them Bronn was sent to kill them by Cersei. Podrick might even be the one to kill Bronn,. Or, he might catch Bronn in the act and die himself, and it alerts Tyrion and Jaime. Plus Bronn wouldn't use a cross bow. Tyrion and Jaime know that. So if they see him with one, the one that killed Tywin, they will know.

by Anonymousreply 454May 4, 2019 5:37 PM

^^ Screen-capped to show again when M & D J are killed.

R454 thinks Cersei is the only death still to come "because she deserves it." Everyone else gets a happy ending!

by Anonymousreply 455May 4, 2019 6:32 PM

I can believe Missandei gets killed. Maybe she gets captured by the Golden Company and killed as a warning/punishment to Dany.

I think that would be a good 'oh shit' death b/c we know and like (or are ambivalent about) her and more people will definitely be dying.

by Anonymousreply 456May 4, 2019 6:56 PM

Jon dies?

by Anonymousreply 457May 4, 2019 6:59 PM

you're wrong. I know we can expect more deaths. I look at Tormund, Podrick, Varys, Bronn, Cersei, Euron, The Mountain, even possibly The Hound, and Tyrion, and I expect them to die. But Jaime, Brienne, Dany, Jon, Arya, Sansa, Sam Gilly, Gendry, Davos, I want/hope/expect them to live. And honestly, if they can throw Samwell on his back and pile zombies on top of him stabbing and biting, and all he does is cry like a baby, and he lives through that, well shit. They can certainly let some others live.

by Anonymousreply 458May 4, 2019 7:06 PM

[quote]But Jaime, Brienne, Dany, Jon, Arya, Sansa, Sam Gilly, Gendry, Davos, I want/hope/expect them to live.

You’re getting 8 out of 10 on that list, which is pretty considering this is GOT we’re talking about.

by Anonymousreply 459May 4, 2019 7:48 PM

*pretty good that is

by Anonymousreply 460May 4, 2019 7:48 PM

Arya, Sam, Gilly, and Sansa will definitely survive. Jaime will die. The others are up for grabs.

Either Jon or Dany will die. Probably Dany.

by Anonymousreply 461May 4, 2019 8:13 PM

Of the Big 5, most likely Jon will live.

by Anonymousreply 462May 4, 2019 8:14 PM

I sincerely hope the show defies our expectations and allows everyone except Cersei, The Mountain, and Qyburn to live. I've heard the show runners, GRRM, and the actors all say it's either "bittersweet," or "very satisfying" or "Perfect, brilliant!" so I'm going to be an optimist.

by Anonymousreply 463May 4, 2019 11:15 PM

If Missandei is killed KL will burn!

by Anonymousreply 464May 5, 2019 1:09 AM

I don’t care much for her tbh

by Anonymousreply 465May 5, 2019 1:26 AM

Same. But Dany does so there will be vengeance.

by Anonymousreply 466May 5, 2019 1:43 AM

Maybe Missandei's execution is the treason Tyrion is executed for after the conclusion of the battle or something? Again, I can see Tyrion bitching out on wanting to see his sister killed or trying his hand at negotiation. Can also see the Unsullied and Dany going apeshit on KL over Missandei dying, creating a rift between Dany's side and her Westerosi allies, they've been playing up this "ruthless, foreigner queen" angle with Dany. If all that happens, I can see a lot of people getting in Jon's ear about killing Dany

Also, Yara is probably gonna get curbstomped for good by her uncle, considering the Iron Isles have no importance to the plot anymore really. Euron mops her up and then joins the fight with Cersei against Dany (until shit goes sideways, I can totally see him just looting KL and ditching Cersei)

by Anonymousreply 467May 5, 2019 4:27 AM

R451/R452 hates Brienne.

by Anonymousreply 468May 5, 2019 11:15 AM

I wonder if the Tower of Joy still exists in the story? It would be interesting if the HBO version had Jon and Dany fly over to Dorne to see the place where he was born.

by Anonymousreply 469May 5, 2019 11:30 AM

I also hate Brienne.

Burn them all, Cersei!

by Anonymousreply 470May 5, 2019 12:06 PM

I love Brienne. Yes, she needs a make over, but I do see some potential there.

by Anonymousreply 471May 5, 2019 12:08 PM

Fluff her hair up, put some mascara on, a little blush, eyeliner and lipstick and you got madeover Brienne!

by Anonymousreply 472May 5, 2019 12:21 PM

R472, she needs to deal with posture and carriage issues. Her walk is all wrong. She needs better dresses too.

by Anonymousreply 473May 5, 2019 12:24 PM

R467 it is all about girl power now. Yara will kill Euron. The matriarchy will prevail.

by Anonymousreply 474May 5, 2019 12:31 PM

You can have a show with dozens of men vying for power, and it’s just plain storytelling. Give power to a small number of women, and it is “all about girl power now.”

by Anonymousreply 475May 5, 2019 12:34 PM

R475 Wrong. GRRM planned this to be the matriarchy winning over the patriarchy. The show has very strong male and female characters. However the balance is going torwards the women. Even Tyrion has become really stupid al of a sudden.

by Anonymousreply 476May 5, 2019 2:41 PM

Episode 4 has leaked (no links yet, but it's a matter of time), and that set of spoilers from 4chan that everybody blew off about Dany going mad queen are apparently legit.

Clip of Rhaegal's death. Damn, this sucks.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 477May 5, 2019 2:44 PM

That was brutal.

by Anonymousreply 478May 5, 2019 2:46 PM

The 4chan leaks:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 479May 5, 2019 2:48 PM

^Sorry, those are the leaks just for this episode, not the rest of the season.

by Anonymousreply 480May 5, 2019 2:50 PM

R477 Nooooooooo. We need a diving team and a red priestess to work her magic.

by Anonymousreply 481May 5, 2019 2:58 PM

Ooh, Dany's gonna go all 'a pair of pliers and a blowtorch' on Euron's ass. Sucks for Rhaegal, but I always expected Drogon to be the last dragon alive. But he's going to die too.

by Anonymousreply 482May 5, 2019 2:58 PM

Too bad they did not shoot khalissi vagina

by Anonymousreply 483May 5, 2019 2:59 PM

Wouldn't Lyanna Mormont have shattered when the Night King died? She had turned into a wight by that point.

Theon and Jorah died after he raised the dead, so they'd still have bodies to burn.

by Anonymousreply 484May 5, 2019 3:00 PM

No wonder why Emilia initially sounded disappointed in how her character wound up.

by Anonymousreply 485May 5, 2019 3:00 PM

I'm glad Bronn didn't kill Jaime or Tyrion. I was 75%/25% that he wouldn't but you never know.

by Anonymousreply 486May 5, 2019 3:01 PM

Die, Missy! Die!!!

YAY!!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 487May 5, 2019 3:03 PM

At least Jaime and Brienne get to have sex once before he dies! Unless they bang a lot on the boat to KL. I want to see some Jaime ass.

by Anonymousreply 488May 5, 2019 3:03 PM

'There must always be a Night King' (ROFL WoW-quality storytelling) is only good to me if it is part of a 3ER secret plan that is morally grey at best.

by Anonymousreply 489May 5, 2019 3:05 PM

Here is a compilation of spoilers for the rest of the season from the Freefolk sub on Reddit. We'll see how many of them turn out to be true...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 490May 5, 2019 3:05 PM

I wonder whom Bran is going to designate be the new Night King?

by Anonymousreply 491May 5, 2019 3:06 PM

Bran is dead. The three eyed raven possessed his body and is the real villain.

by Anonymousreply 492May 5, 2019 3:07 PM

Villain how? What would he want?

by Anonymousreply 493May 5, 2019 3:09 PM

No kidding r485. Danerys spent her whole life trying to get the Iron Throne, and when she's close she goes mad and probably wants to kill/burn everything. I'd be pissed at that storyline too, if I was Emilia.

by Anonymousreply 494May 5, 2019 3:11 PM

R490 they sound legit, but I wonder what it means when Jon 'sees' Arya? Sees her as the assasin she is?

by Anonymousreply 495May 5, 2019 3:12 PM

Read the Reddit spoilers, I'll wait and read the reviews after tonights episode, if these spoilers are right I'm not watching the rest of this series. The entire series has been ruined. If this is all really based on Martin's outline then fuck him. What a shit ending.

by Anonymousreply 496May 5, 2019 3:15 PM

Jon should be the new Night King.

by Anonymousreply 497May 5, 2019 3:17 PM

Or Tormund. Man's has to do something now that Brienne is taken.

by Anonymousreply 498May 5, 2019 3:17 PM

R491, my money is on Jon being the new Night King. 'The Prince Who Was Promised' - promised to whom? Promised to the White Walkers. Craster gave his boys to the WWs, and was left in peace. Westeros gives them their prince/king, and is left in peace for another zillion years. Or maybe, since they emphasized that 'prince' could be male or female, dead Dany gets raised and becomes the Night Queen, redeeming herself by taking on the burden so Westeros will be safe again. The ending given to Jon in the spoilers sounds pretty lackluster - could be a misdirection to keep his fate a secret.

by Anonymousreply 499May 5, 2019 3:18 PM

OFF WITH HER HEAD!

Cersei and Jamie dying by dragon fire together is a good ending for them.

Khaleesi just getting to barely touch the Iron Throne before she dies is a just ending for her vicious self.

by Anonymousreply 500May 5, 2019 3:18 PM

Oh hell, another clip - Missandei's death:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 501May 5, 2019 3:22 PM

Jon should be the new Night King, but I could see it being Dany. In A Song of Ice and Fire- the fire (Dany) turns into ice (Night Queen). So she is Ice and fire. How poetic.

by Anonymousreply 502May 5, 2019 3:22 PM

Nice r501. Now Dany has snapped and Grey Worm is right there with her. There will be a reckoning!!

I do wonder what Tyrion will do to be executed. I can see him defying mad Danny's orders, but if she's dead, who will enforce his execution?

by Anonymousreply 503May 5, 2019 3:24 PM

People are losing it...E03- no one/nothing dies...whaaaaaa...E04- the wrong people/things die.....whaaaa. I guess that is the challenge at the end of a show/books that are not finished people were that invested in.

by Anonymousreply 504May 5, 2019 3:28 PM

R475

Yeah. It is as if they didn't notice the reason most of the women are in power at this point is because guys got in pissing matches that turned into wars and killed each other off. Joffrey and Dany's brat brother did not die because 'yas queen! girl power!' -- but because they both dun fucked up at trying to be men.

I hope to death that the last shot of the show is some fresh dragon eggs being warmed in a fire as one starts to hatch. The dragons were my favorite part of the show.

by Anonymousreply 505May 5, 2019 3:29 PM

I wonder who will die in the Golden Company attack on Winterfell? Not my boy Ghost!

Maybe Davos, Tormund, or Podrick. They probably didn't go there just to snatch Missandrei.

by Anonymousreply 506May 5, 2019 3:36 PM

Jaime and Brienne doing the wild thing. Get it, girl:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 507May 5, 2019 3:41 PM

He's hot

by Anonymousreply 508May 5, 2019 3:45 PM

R505 You are missing the point completely. The women can do no wrong yet the men are all fucked up. Jon snow is brave but stupid! Tyrion is the smartest guy UNTIL Sansa becomes the smartest woman in that world and then seems like a dope,

by Anonymousreply 509May 5, 2019 3:48 PM

To continue the discussion of who will replace the Night King - one of the spoilers mentions that after Dany dies, Drogon carries her away (and no one knows where). Beyond the wall, to be the Night Queen?

Maybe I should switch my bet to Dany...

by Anonymousreply 510May 5, 2019 3:48 PM

Someone escort the incel @ r509 out.

by Anonymousreply 511May 5, 2019 3:49 PM

R511 someone tell the feminazi to get her ass back to L CHAT! Touche'.......

by Anonymousreply 512May 5, 2019 3:57 PM

Dany becomes the Night queen...why couldn't have been my love, Cersei? She would make a much better Night Queen......

by Anonymousreply 513May 5, 2019 4:00 PM

People who are complaining about "girl power" and how "good" all the women are, apparently, been watching a different show. It's been quite obvious since the first season that virtually everyone will turn out to be a vindictive psychopath and/or dead.

by Anonymousreply 514May 5, 2019 4:02 PM

The Night King is irreplaceable. The Children of the Forrest created him to protect them. They are gone. He is gone.

Discussions of a Night Queen are stupid.

by Anonymousreply 515May 5, 2019 4:02 PM

Nah, R484

Only the dead who were dependent on the ice magic to hold together as well as move would shatter (ie the old or very frozen or broken weights as well as white walkers) -- freshly dead, like Lyanna would only collapse.

by Anonymousreply 516May 5, 2019 4:05 PM

Look. One more time: The Night King was immune to fire but could be killed by dragonglass and Valerian steel. His Whitewalkers, the guys with long hair who are like his generals, also immune to fire but not immune to dragonglass or Valerian steel.

Samwell killed one with dragonglass, and John killed one with Valerian steel. The Night King and his generals, the White Walkers, all shatter when killed. Gone. crushed ice. The wights, or zombies are actual dead people that can be re animated by the Whitewalkers or the Night King. They can be destroyed by fire or dragon glass. (Jon showed us this at King's Landing.) wights or zombies either burn up if killed by fire, or flop down dead if killed by dragon glass. OR if the Whitewalker who reanimated them, or the NightKing is killed. Capish?

by Anonymousreply 517May 5, 2019 4:12 PM

Well, there was no way this show (or the books for that matter) was going to end in a way that made everyone happy. Dany going mad seems a bit blah to me. I knew they'd take down another dragon. Both surviving the Battle of Winterfell just set us up for the disappointment. Ghost will probably be taken out at some point as well leaving Nymeria the only surviving direwolf because she's in the wild and safe from the machinations of men. I doubt we'll see Nymeria again anyway. We'll just know she survives offscreen.

Sansa playing Tyrion then betraying him makes sense. Sansa trusts no one but her family now. The lone wolf dies, but the pack survives. That's Sansa's creed. She'll get her family on board with her plans. After all, she's the smartest woman in Westeros now. Getting the Lannisters taken out will in her mind be the best way to ensure the Starks to survive. Take out all the enemies you can, including Dany because Jon has a more legitimate claim to the Iron Throne. The Starks would never be safe with Dany's claim to the throne at risk.

There must always be a Night King, although I hate that storyline, kind of makes sense, at least from the standpoint that killing off the Night King in Ep 3 seemed a bit abrupt. But if that's the case, how do they explain the Night King taking down the wall and coming south the kill Bran? If there must always be a Night King, why didn't he just stay north? I imagine that will all be somewhat fuzzy because the prequel is supposedly about the time of the first Long Night, so we'll find out more about all that in the next show. You have to watch to find out! Love, HBO.

by Anonymousreply 518May 5, 2019 4:14 PM

One other thing. It appears Dany getting pregnant is not going to happen.

by Anonymousreply 519May 5, 2019 4:16 PM

What are you talking about? Both others dragons did survive Winterfell.

by Anonymousreply 520May 5, 2019 4:18 PM

Where is the spoiler that said there will be a new Night King? And everybody is definitely dying except the 2 Starks sisters and Jon?

by Anonymousreply 521May 5, 2019 4:22 PM

Rhaegal got killed by Euron Greyjoy. The Night King couldn't take him out, but Euron could.

This fucking show.

by Anonymousreply 522May 5, 2019 4:24 PM

Are female incels called Fraus?

'Cause we got a few of them on this thread!

by Anonymousreply 523May 5, 2019 5:00 PM

Take some of those reddit leaks with a grain of salt. For example the Jaime betrayal is now seeming more and more like a plot to trap Cersei, not him willingly going back to her. Same with the Jon Dany stuff. The spoilers leave out the context and without that they read as pretty haphazard and nonsensical.

by Anonymousreply 524May 5, 2019 5:36 PM

I hope that they spent the money for a Rhaegal fake death.

Please.

Please .

Please.

by Anonymousreply 525May 5, 2019 5:43 PM

R524, the spoilers are consistent with the show’s original, dark view of humanity. The first thing we see Ned Stark do is unjustly execute a man for telling the truth. And he is, ostensibly, a hero. The artistic strength of the show was that it didn’t back down from that vision.

by Anonymousreply 526May 5, 2019 5:45 PM

Khaleesi murdered people left and right because of her whims. She deserves her death at the hand of her nephew that she fucked.

by Anonymousreply 527May 5, 2019 5:48 PM

I just saw Episode 4 leaked. I don’t know where but it’s all over Twitter. I’m going to wait until Sunday but it’s good news for those of you who wanted info

by Anonymousreply 528May 5, 2019 5:50 PM

[Quote]so all the leaks were true and euron kills rhaegar after all

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 529May 5, 2019 5:52 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 530May 5, 2019 5:54 PM

R526 Unjustly? The Crow deserted the Night's Watch. If you wanted to use the example of Ned Stark being wrong, he started The Game Of Thrones when he wouldn't name Joffrey as heir. He was honorable to a point. Even Ned had a chink in his armor.

by Anonymousreply 531May 5, 2019 5:58 PM

At least Tyrion evades execution so he can give advice to King Bran Flakes.

by Anonymousreply 532May 5, 2019 5:59 PM

Jon "takes the black"? Um, the Night's Watch no longer exists as the wall no longer exists. Fake.

by Anonymousreply 533May 5, 2019 6:07 PM

Cersei dying together with her twin...how fucking corny.If she is not mangled by someone the reaction will be extremely negative. The showrunners are both fucking dopes.

by Anonymousreply 534May 5, 2019 6:11 PM

Yeah I want her beheaded and her naked headless body dragged through the streets.

by Anonymousreply 535May 5, 2019 6:12 PM

I love how EP4 plays out.. so far. Missandei and Rhaegal's death are so satisfying

by Anonymousreply 536May 5, 2019 6:17 PM

So it it has leaked, where are the links to the full episode?

by Anonymousreply 537May 5, 2019 6:23 PM

MIssandei is a glorified red shirt. Everyone thought Rhaeghal died last episode! Wow great writing guys.

by Anonymousreply 538May 5, 2019 6:27 PM

I don't know how creditable those "leaks" to episodes 5 and 6 are but episode 4 has leaked and I believe the summary. FYI, Bronn doesn't kill Jaime or Tyrion. He does aim his cross bow at Jaime and decides not to fire it. Instead, he tells Jaime and Tyrion about Cersei putting a hit out on them. Somebody gets punched here (the translation to the leak was iffy) and I think (again-iffy translation), there was something about Bronn getting a raven to Cersei telling her both brothers have been killed.

The Missandei/Rhaegal clips were awful. I'm sure they come at the end. I believe the director of the episode (same one who directed the Red Wedding episode) said there would be a dark twist at the end.

by Anonymousreply 539May 5, 2019 6:28 PM

Jon taking the black again is bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 540May 5, 2019 6:29 PM

Even the spoilers are meh.

by Anonymousreply 541May 5, 2019 6:30 PM

R538 but we didn't expect Missandei to be executed, right?

by Anonymousreply 542May 5, 2019 6:30 PM

Pod is still alive? Amazing.

by Anonymousreply 543May 5, 2019 6:32 PM

The spoilers say that when Dany attacks Kings Landing than it’s “one sided as fuck”. Are we to assume that the Golden Company is destroyed.

Cersei poking Dany by killing Messandei makes me think back to what Tywin Lannister said. “You’re not as smart as you think you are.”

by Anonymousreply 544May 5, 2019 6:38 PM

I heard Tormund and the remaining Wildlings are given northern castles and they leave Winterfell in episode 4. Some go to Castle Black and restart the Night's Watch. Jon gives Ghost to Tormund.

If that's true, it would make sense that after Jon kills Dany and Grey Worm, he takes the black again. He'll end up basically where he started- in the Night's Watch.

But this time he'll have his comic relief-Tormund.

by Anonymousreply 545May 5, 2019 6:38 PM

So happy. Kill them all!

by Anonymousreply 546May 5, 2019 6:40 PM

Cleganebowl is basically Hound mercy killing his brother. The last we see of Hound he's building a house somewhere in the countryside.

That may have been a fake spoiler, but if not, good for him. He can be the new Brother Ray.

by Anonymousreply 547May 5, 2019 6:41 PM

I love that "leak" of the Hound building a house. Probably false. I want to know who ends up ruling. Will it be a small council? Here are some other supposed leaks: Jaime apparently doesn’t betray anything or anyone, in fact he vouches for Jon to Cersei in a scene where Jon had voluntarily surrendered himself. Bran tells Jaime that Cersei’s ‘pregnancy’ was a ruse.. Jaime doesn’t actually kill her, but sets the trap that seals her fate.

What about someone slipping poison into the wine she guzzles nonstop?

by Anonymousreply 548May 5, 2019 6:55 PM

I will be hugely disappointed if the final three episodes of this show end up being"Let's see, who can we kill next" and then they come up with bullshit to do that. And further more, how do we know this is episode 4? If these a re authentic leaks, I would think they would be about Episode 5. I See 4 as being a build up, so it might end with them getting ready to deal with the GC.

by Anonymousreply 549May 5, 2019 7:03 PM

Restarting the Night's Watch?

WTF will they be watching for?

by Anonymousreply 550May 5, 2019 7:27 PM

Totally OOT - i didnt know that GRRM is an American and born in New Jersey? Lol. I've always assumed he's British. Anyhu, he also said he's voting for Biden.

by Anonymousreply 551May 5, 2019 7:29 PM

Supposedly Bran says there must always be a Night King and WWs, so maybe they'll keep an eye on them? Who knows.

by Anonymousreply 552May 5, 2019 7:31 PM

R530

Ok, so it's been established by HBO and George Martin that the show and books will ultimately end in the same place in terms of major plot points.

If these spoilers are true...then that means the story of A Song of Ice and Fire ultimately ends with:

- The Night King/White Walkers being defeated before Cersei

- Tyrion and Jaime betray Dany due to family loyalty

- Jaime and Cersei die, most likely together

- Dany goes mad (or at least gets drunk) with power like her father did

- Jon kills Dany

- Bran Flakes takes the iron throne

- Tyrion lives

How we get to those points could be vastly different between the show and books...but...that is essentially the skeleton of how things turn out in the end.

Maybe George will write his way to these plot points beautifully, and it'll all make sense and seem plausible in context...but on the surface, it sounds like a pretty lame ending to such an epic story. Lame as in bad writing kind of lame.

Oh well, George basically ran out of gas after Book 3 anyway. Books 4 & 5 were a meandering mess, so I expect the rest to be relatively the same--if he even manages to finish the last book, which I don't think he will.

by Anonymousreply 553May 5, 2019 7:31 PM

Yeah, Bran ending as the one sitting on the throne is lame (pun intended lol). He seems the least likely and most reluctant king - so maybe that's what's they're aiming for.

by Anonymousreply 554May 5, 2019 7:37 PM

Yay! No miracle babies for Khaleesi and Jon Snow!

Yay! No HEA for Brienne after her pity fuck!

Well them all, Khaleesi, prove you are as mad as your father!

Bran Flakes will make a very soggy king!

by Anonymousreply 555May 5, 2019 7:40 PM

KILL then all, Khaleesi!

by Anonymousreply 556May 5, 2019 7:40 PM

R551

I think he lives in New Mexico now and the only specifics I know is that he marched with other writers in 2008 and is presumably a staunch union supporting democrat. He will vote for Biden and then whoever wins the Dem primary.He is according to one of the people he marched with a very nice guy. (He didn't have to go out of his way for the WGA strike that year because he was doing his book thing then.)

I don't think we can predict or judge how the show ends just because we know about his personal politics. The show-runners are doing what they want.

by Anonymousreply 557May 5, 2019 8:07 PM

You would know he's American if you followed football. He's a HUUUUUUGE Jets fan.

by Anonymousreply 558May 5, 2019 8:15 PM

Benioff and Weiss wrote today's episode.

My favorite fleak is Jon speaks to Cersei to try to get her to agree to stop the war. He tells her his lineage. And she agrees but only if they marry. Jon is crowned King but Cersei remains Queen.

The evil side of me loves this and hopes it's true.

by Anonymousreply 559May 5, 2019 8:49 PM

Hahahaha! Jon having to marry Cersei would be all sorts of fucked up. I love it.

by Anonymousreply 560May 5, 2019 8:53 PM

I'd love it too R559.

by Anonymousreply 561May 5, 2019 8:59 PM

I'm not in love with all these spoilers for the ending, but George RR Martin has always explored the them of how war changes people. Lady Stoneheart in the books was supposed to be symbolic of that. So, you have characters who go on a redemption arc (Theon, Jaime) and characters who go mad (Dany), and people who were always mad about power (Cersei, Euron). At least from that perspective, it is not surprising that you have a noble character making a big sacrifice (Jon killing Dany to stop her vengeance, perhaps Arya doing something, too?), the mad with power ones dead (Dany, Cersei, Euron) and the redemption arc characters dead (Theon, Jaime). Still, I hate that they're taking out another fucking dragon after mostly wiping out the direwolves. Boo!

I do think that George RR Martin will probably write it better. I feel for the producers, though. They lost their source material, which wasn't what they signed up for. Martin was supposed to finish the book series while the show was ongoing. I know that Martin is a slow writer, but come on. He could have gotten at least one more book out. The show also had to be adapted for television. There was no way it could do all the plotlines from the books, which are very dense.

by Anonymousreply 562May 5, 2019 9:15 PM

^theme of how war changes

by Anonymousreply 563May 5, 2019 9:16 PM

So excited for new ep

by Anonymousreply 564May 5, 2019 11:12 PM

R559 Too much water has passed under the bridge to make such an arrangement work. In addition the GOT faithful will say that both Sopranos and Dexter ended better than GOT! It is too late in the game to be that cheeky with the audience. It would be far more fun for Snow to kill Cersei by decapitation. Just like she did to his dad/uncle.

by Anonymousreply 565May 5, 2019 11:33 PM

[quote] I know that Martin is a slow writer, but come on. He could have gotten at least one more book out. The show also had to be adapted for television. There was no way it could do all the plotlines from the books, which are very dense.

I know, right? Yes, the producers are shitty writers and the last 2 seasons of the show have been a hot mess in terms of plot holes and character inconsistencies, but in my opinion that blame falls to George. The guy had a five year head start to produce more source material and he still couldn't finish the books.

But over the last 8 years, he had plenty of time to do press interviews, multiple speaking engagements, write for the show, write several ***OTHER*** books about Westeros, developing prequel and spinoff shows with HBO...pretty much everything you can imagine except finishing the rest of the god damn story.

Talk about being drunk on power. It's obvious he's lost control of his story and let it balloon out of control, and now he's having trouble bringing all the pieces and loose ends together in a meaningful way that justifies the long gap between books. Classic avoidance behavior. Otherwise he would be done by now. He wouldn't be so easily distracted by other endeavors if he knew how to finish out his story.

I don't begrudge George for enjoying his success and living it up for a while, but that shit should've ended after a year (maybe two) and he should've went back to the writing room to focus on finishing--the singular most important task he needed to do. Then after that, develop all the GoT ancillary bullshit no one really cares about (prequels, spinoffs and anthologies) to your heart's desire.

by Anonymousreply 566May 5, 2019 11:41 PM

R566 Martin met with B and W to write the ending. Can you believe that? Pretty shitty writing George. The Jets suck George stop watching them and finish the fucking books!

by Anonymousreply 567May 6, 2019 12:48 AM

It’s on

by Anonymousreply 568May 6, 2019 1:06 AM

Melisandre could have brought Jorah back

by Anonymousreply 569May 6, 2019 1:08 AM

Part III

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 570May 6, 2019 1:25 AM

Brienne and Jaime. Eww

by Anonymousreply 571May 6, 2019 1:30 AM

Why didn’t she go with Jaime ?

by Anonymousreply 572May 6, 2019 2:16 AM

I think Jaime genuinely cares for Brienne but he realized he cannot escape his past so he is going back to deal with Cersei who he recognizes as poison, but he feels like he is poison too for his complicity. I think he just feels like a lost soul. I was heart broken when Brienne told him he was a good person, please stay here. When he heard Dany had been attacked he felt like he had to go back not to support Cersei, but to finish her.

by Anonymousreply 573May 6, 2019 2:31 AM

People who ship Jaime-Brienne are forgetting what an awful person Jaime as been his whole life, and how the Lannisters have been raised to be loyal only to each other.

by Anonymousreply 574May 6, 2019 2:35 AM

I mentioned in the other thread, Missandei got Rickon'd. Once they had her, she was never going to get out of there alive.

So my speculation is, if they are following the pattern of the Battle of the Bastards, Sansa will show up at the end with an unexpected army of her own. She has her uncle Edmure in the Two Rivers and cousin Robin in the Vale, so between the pair of them, she might be able to scrape enough forces who are loyal to …. her. So the plan is, Dany kills Cersei, and after her armies are weakened and tired, Sansa comes in with her own forces... basically using the same template as Cersei. Sansa is crowned queen and Jon bows to her, because that's who Jon is.

by Anonymousreply 575May 6, 2019 2:56 AM

Hey, Bronn said Cersei gave him RiverRun. That was the Tully Castle. So where is Edmure if Bronn has Riverrun?

by Anonymousreply 576May 6, 2019 3:02 AM

R575 No because Cersei wanted both of her brothers dead and Tyrion killed their father! Not to mention Jamie strangled his own cousin. So that Lannister loyalty is a big bag of bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 577May 6, 2019 3:04 AM

Why did Jaime strangled his cousin ? I forgotten.

by Anonymousreply 578May 6, 2019 3:16 AM

To escape from the Starks . They had him in a pen, remember?

by Anonymousreply 579May 6, 2019 3:27 AM

[quote]The Night King/White Walkers being defeated before Cersei

Cersei, in the books, is currently pretty downtrodden and has maybe one big move left in her. She's not stupid, but she's impatient and short-sighted, not the Tywin with Tits of the show. The show version of Cersei is being combined with the plots for at least one other character, and is buffeted by the producers' adoration of Lena Headey. In other words, Cersei of the books is not the Bad That Is Bigger Than The Night King.

by Anonymousreply 580May 6, 2019 5:04 AM

I still think Lena is crazier than Cersei.

by Anonymousreply 581May 6, 2019 5:07 AM

No. Lena is a fucking character and is cock crazy like Cersei is but that is about that Then again she won't work with Bronn after their breakup. There must be some nuttiness there.

by Anonymousreply 582May 6, 2019 5:30 AM

Coffee cup, production blunder

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 583May 6, 2019 7:54 AM

So, the show is playing out exactly according to the Reddit spoilers, despite the differently shot endings. These last two episodes are going to suck. Has there ever been a show so widely popular become so widely hated at the end?

by Anonymousreply 584May 6, 2019 12:02 PM

So far, I love s8.

by Anonymousreply 585May 6, 2019 1:13 PM

There was no way for them to maintain the show's momentum to the end -- this is why they are rushing the ending. To bring everything to a violent climax because motives and characters have all been destroyed.

I missed it -- did Dany hopefully leave half her Dothraki where they could get to King's Landing in a day only losing half to the Night King? Because that would have been smart. Even if they don't show us the Golden Company (20,000 men) being slaughtered by 50,000 Dothraki on an open field it would make sense.

I do not understand why anyone is talking about the people of King's Landing and warning Dany not to anger them after Cersei blew up the Sept. Are we to believe that the explosion only killed the characters we know and not hundreds of citizens who happened to be near the explosion? They already have a Mad Queen and everyone knows it.

Is everyone acting as if they don't think Cersei did it?

by Anonymousreply 586May 6, 2019 2:37 PM

They've really flubbed the last season. It sucks that it was such a good show for so long, only for the creators to miss the ending.

by Anonymousreply 587May 6, 2019 2:42 PM

So where the hell are the leaks? All I can find in this thread are speculations and people making up things.

by Anonymousreply 588May 6, 2019 3:50 PM

[quote] Cersei poking Dany by killing Messandei makes me think back to what Tywin Lannister said. “You’re not as smart as you think you are.”

Benioff and Weiss on the aftershow clip said she killed Missandei almost completely out of childish petulance at Tyrion telling her not to do it.

by Anonymousreply 589May 6, 2019 3:55 PM

I hope these spoilers about the ending are true as they would make much more sense narratively and hopefully satisfy the fuming fans.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 590May 6, 2019 4:38 PM

I've decided they jumped the very big shark they have sitting in a kiddie pool out in back of King's Landing Amusement Park.

That ridiculous queen and her flunky, miscast monkey-faced viking are cartoon characters now. And no reconnaissance into Dragonstone? They really fucked up with bad battle tactics for the Long Night and now this POS.

Cancelling my subscription now. Fucking killing Rhaegal and then Missandei? AND NOTHING done to those fucks in King's Landing who betrayed everyone? Done and done. I really wanted to like the end of this, bittersweet or not, but this is too much. Too fucking much. One of the Unsullied could at least kill a mofo with a spear. NK can throw one like a missile, so why not? Cersei right through the heart.

Characterizations aside, I don't think it's possible to hate someone as much as I hate Cersei, hence I'm finished with this shit. Tywin dies but she's still around? Give me a fucking break. Liars and cheaters living too long in real life being fucking bad enough with all the assholes running around. This stopped being shocking or fun quite some time ago. Bran is fucking worthless.

by Anonymousreply 591May 6, 2019 4:43 PM

OK, GoT has now turned into a Dumb and Dumber shit fest.

The Starbucks cup on the Stark high table was hilarious. And FUCKING STUPID

Euron magically showing up to kill Rhaegal and magically showing up back at KL. FUCKING STUPID.

Bron showing up magically, negotiating a castle and poof disappears. FUCKING STUPID.

Killing Missandei and then NOT shooting off those thousands of arrows. FUCKING STUPID.

This is like the last season of Roseanne was written by the CGI staff at Lucas. Visually stunning but FUCKING STUPID.

So sad that GoT jumped the dragon so close to the end.

by Anonymousreply 592May 6, 2019 4:58 PM

R583

Concrete proof that the producers/crew don't give a shit anymore. They are all probably tired as fuck to be filming in the damp Irish moors and freezing mountains of Iceland for the last 8 years and just want the bloody thing to end at this point.

by Anonymousreply 593May 6, 2019 5:29 PM

We had to wait almost two years for this?? Holy fucking shit.

by Anonymousreply 594May 6, 2019 5:42 PM

You could have had the same exact plot but with better writing and no Starbucks cups (yes, Jamie had one in an earlier episode).

I have no expectations and wanted to enjoy the end game of what was a pretty good show up until Season 5 (when they went off books, so no surprise here).

Maybe the Starbucks cups were purposefully allowed considering how shitty the show is and how John Oliver himself knows the jig is up for HBO in the next two weeks. Looks like D&D engineered a quicker end for the show and the network.

by Anonymousreply 595May 6, 2019 5:44 PM

It so far has been disappointing.

by Anonymousreply 596May 6, 2019 5:50 PM

Imma be so depressed if/when Tyrion is executed.

by Anonymousreply 597May 6, 2019 5:50 PM

I want them all to die, now.

by Anonymousreply 598May 6, 2019 5:56 PM

I want a buddy comedy with the Hound and Arya as she takes him to train with Jaqen H'ghar

by Anonymousreply 599May 6, 2019 6:24 PM

The fat coward Sam survivinh the Long Night was a joke. Tyrion's betrayal and punishment will be fabulous. Sneaky fucking dwarf,he turned out to be dumb like Cersei. Cersei must be killed savagely by Arya. None of this corny bullshit with her and Jamie dying together or her being killed by him. She needs to be put down brutally.

by Anonymousreply 600May 6, 2019 6:26 PM

You know, that one "leak" I just read sounds very believable. Cersei is bringing everyone in to the Red Keep not as a human shield to prevent Dany from burning the Keep, but as a sacrifice, daring Dany to burn it. Planting wildfire all over the city is something we know about. Tyrion also knows and Jaime does too. So setting things up for the fires to burn, would definitely be something Cersei is capable of and something she would use. She has proven this. And then blaming Dany for it.

I have to wonder though. Tyrion is also up to something. He's devious too. And maybe he'd rather have to deal with Cersei and Dany, than Jon, so maybe he wants Jon out of the picture? Face it, he'd have no role in Jon's kingship, and he would definitely have the whip hand in Dany's now that she's lost everyone. How did they know to kidnap Missandei? Who knew how important she was beyond Varys, Tyrion, Davos, and Jon? I have a feeling bread crumbs are being laid out and we need to find them and follow them.

by Anonymousreply 601May 6, 2019 6:27 PM

[quote]I want a buddy comedy with the Hound and Arya as she takes him to train with Jaqen H'ghar

The Road To Many Faces.

by Anonymousreply 602May 6, 2019 6:27 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!