Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Richard Madden and "buddy" Brandon Flynn part 5

Keep going here.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 600April 19, 2019 7:43 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1April 16, 2019 5:45 PM

Someone in the previous thread asked if Madden knew many people in LA.

He’s an actor. He’s in LA. Just because he’s from the UK doesn’t mean he’s never crossed paths nor worked with people in Hollywood. Plus he’s been living in the US for a couple of months now.

by Anonymousreply 2April 16, 2019 5:46 PM

[Quote]Ha, well it doesn’t surprise me that Flynn follows Madden like a starry-eyed pup, Bigger question is if Madden reciprocates.

Madden is coming out of the damn closet for him. He had the world convinced he was straight before this.

by Anonymousreply 3April 16, 2019 5:50 PM

Was that Brandon’s tweet he was reading?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4April 16, 2019 5:54 PM

Brandon should consider sporting bangs like Richard does in OP's photo, so as to bring his face into proportion.

by Anonymousreply 5April 16, 2019 5:56 PM

So who else does Madden know in LA (besides Bell and Mara)?

Brits are cliquey.

by Anonymousreply 6April 16, 2019 5:56 PM

Has he been hanging out with Douglas? And it seems Finn Jones is friends with quite a few people. I was actually checking Brandon's comments on Finn's posts after someone mentioned their theory about Finn possibly being the one who introduced them, and it seems like Richard likes many, many pictures of Finn's so they could certainly be close enough to hang out... So yeah, I doubt Richard is lacking in friends.

And yes, true, R3! Starry-eyed pup is a good description for Brandon though, he really seems to be very sweet and maybe triggers some protective instincts, haha?

by Anonymousreply 7April 16, 2019 5:57 PM

Shopping trips for cannabis cigarettes is considered romantic now?

Blech. Cannabis stinks.

by Anonymousreply 8April 16, 2019 5:57 PM

libera and Gemini Brandon Flynn and Richard Madden Kim and Kanye Paul Macartney and John Lennon Stevie Nicks and Lindsey Buckingham

by Anonymousreply 9April 16, 2019 5:58 PM

Gemini are cray-cray (Angeline Jolie, Kanye, etc).

Avoid at all costs.

by Anonymousreply 10April 16, 2019 6:00 PM

At least Brandon upgraded to hotter dick.

by Anonymousreply 11April 16, 2019 6:01 PM

Douglas Booth is the most beautiful of that group

by Anonymousreply 12April 16, 2019 6:04 PM

R2 Isn't Madden good friends with Gemma Chan? She lives in LA doesn't she? It seems as though Douglas Booth lives in LA as well. So I'm not buying the explanation being put out most likely by Madden's people that he was some wide eyed Brit in the states with no friends and so he moved in with Brandon

by Anonymousreply 13April 16, 2019 6:05 PM

pagesix

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14April 16, 2019 6:06 PM

Booth played Pip in Great Expectations. I liked him as Pip, he fit the role.

by Anonymousreply 15April 16, 2019 6:06 PM

Did he fuck. Pip should not be prettier than Estella.

by Anonymousreply 16April 16, 2019 6:08 PM

Since when does Booth live in LA?

Last I checked, he lived in south London.

by Anonymousreply 17April 16, 2019 6:09 PM

pagesix not even mentioning there is rumors about him and brandon is interesting since they usually love to spread gossip

by Anonymousreply 18April 16, 2019 6:10 PM

He doesn't live in LA, R17, but seems to be there a lot.

by Anonymousreply 19April 16, 2019 6:11 PM

The Page Six piece is literally just regurgitating his interview with Elle, I'm not sure why r14 posted it.

by Anonymousreply 20April 16, 2019 6:12 PM

Hadn't read the Elle piece

by Anonymousreply 21April 16, 2019 6:15 PM

True, R16. Estella in that adaptation was so below average in looks. Vanessa Kirby was miscast. Sacrilege.

Booth looked like a 19th C painting. Costume dramas suit him. So purrrty.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22April 16, 2019 6:15 PM

I am still surprised at the eonline article honestly. It really seems unlikely they would openly speculate like that without tacit approval.

by Anonymousreply 23April 16, 2019 6:17 PM

Didn’t I read somewhere that Sophie Turner lives in LA now? And yeah, I think Gemma Chan does, too.

by Anonymousreply 24April 16, 2019 6:20 PM

This may be Richard's first time living in Los Angeles, but it's not like it's his first time there and he knows nobody. He's been acting for a long time and has made plenty of friends and connections both in England and America. As people upthread have already mentioned, some of his closest friends from England spend a lot of time in Los Angeles themselves these day for their own careers. And I was following awards season as it happened and according to more than one entertainment journalist, behind the scenes, hot off Bodyguard, he was someone a LOT of people wanted to meet. He is NOT that dependant on Brandon as being the ONLY person he can possibly spend all that time with.

by Anonymousreply 25April 16, 2019 6:24 PM

Yep r23. It can't be repeated enough how neither Brandon, Richard or their PR teams have tried to push back against the widespread speculation. They are okay with what is happening.

by Anonymousreply 26April 16, 2019 6:25 PM

R23 E! vary. Sometimes they go the celeb-friendly route, other times they push it a bit. It's People that are ALWAYS the outlet that go with the celeb-approved version of the story, so if THEIR site runs with any speculation, then it's very safe to say it was with quiet approval.

by Anonymousreply 27April 16, 2019 6:26 PM

Booth has only been good in one thing. Worried About the Boy.

His banker father must invest in his projects.

by Anonymousreply 28April 16, 2019 6:29 PM

the dailymail loves to stir shit and they didn't mention Brandon in their latest Richard story so...

by Anonymousreply 29April 16, 2019 6:31 PM

Buying dog supplies together (source: @stylishflynn/ twitter).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30April 16, 2019 6:32 PM

Booth has mainly been in LA for the past several months. Though he seems to be touring Yosemite according to his IG. Not sure if Finn Jones is based in LA or NYC. Gemma Chan mainly lives in London but she’s been in LA a lot lately too. I don’t know about Sophie Turner though.

by Anonymousreply 31April 16, 2019 6:32 PM

Interesting about People, R27! We need to keep an eye on that for sure then.

Thanks, and aww, R30!

by Anonymousreply 32April 16, 2019 6:34 PM

Why would Madden hang out with Asian Chan (who is now busy #MeToo-ing and bashing “toxic men”) or that poker-faced Turner (who’s busy promoting her new popcorn film despite being a one-note actress)?

If I had to choose between the 3 of them, I’d choose Flynn too. The other 2 seem insufferable. Lads gravitate towards other lads.

by Anonymousreply 33April 16, 2019 6:40 PM

R33 I realise you're probably just stirring for the sake of it, but you're insulting people who he genuinely cares about there. That's not cool. Gemma in particular has been one of his closest friends for a long time now.

by Anonymousreply 34April 16, 2019 6:43 PM

@r33 Richard has been very close with Gemma for years and she has even posted pictures of Brandon's dog

by Anonymousreply 35April 16, 2019 6:43 PM

even Brandon and her often comment on eachothers Instagram photos

by Anonymousreply 36April 16, 2019 6:44 PM

So Gemma Chan posted a picture on Instagram like one second ago and both Richard and Brandon liked it already. They are always online at the same time.

by Anonymousreply 37April 16, 2019 6:44 PM

Brandon even joked that his dog was asking about her

by Anonymousreply 38April 16, 2019 6:45 PM

[quote]This may be Richard's first time

Pics please.

by Anonymousreply 39April 16, 2019 6:45 PM

Yeah cos they're sharing a bed together duh, and what does someone do before bed, r37? Check their Instagram feed of course.

by Anonymousreply 40April 16, 2019 6:45 PM

R34, what are you doing on DL? Is Tumblr down? Read the entry-door disclaimer on this forum. Or let Andy Cohen paraphrase it for you.

by Anonymousreply 41April 16, 2019 6:46 PM

Ok I realized its not bedtime though lol

by Anonymousreply 42April 16, 2019 6:46 PM

From the previous thread:

[quote]Eonline openly floating them as a couple R521. It's really obvious how their teams are okay with this speculation, likely planned it.

[quote]They are not denying it, their pr team let E! online write about the speculation so they want people to know

[quote]Props to E! Online for finally addressing the elephant in the room.

Interesting new article -and hot pics- from PR-driven, E!Online......

Richard Madden Says 'There’s No Difference' Between Filming Sex Scenes With Male and Female Co-Stars" ALYSSA MORIN | Mon., Apr. 15, 2019 1:33 PM

[quote]Just last week, the two were seen taking a stroll in L.A. The Bodyguard actor had his arm wrapped around Flynn's neck, while the Netflix star had his arm on Richard's waist. However, both stars have yet to address the rumors about them.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43April 16, 2019 6:48 PM

Anyone heard anything on 1917? I find it a little curious how the announcement of his casting made it sound like Madden is a main role or not far off it and yet the movie has been filming since the April 1st in the UK and he's been in Los Angeles the whole time. Is that common?

by Anonymousreply 44April 16, 2019 6:51 PM

Why does Richard look exceptionally good in the Elle photos? I don't find him this handsome usually. Must be the photoshop, his face doesn't look as wrinkly as it does in real life.

by Anonymousreply 45April 16, 2019 6:52 PM

Brandon now commenting on Taron's post.

by Anonymousreply 46April 16, 2019 6:53 PM

@r44 Richard said he cannot talk about the film yet but I've read that will film in several locations across the uk so maybe his role takes place later on down the shoot

by Anonymousreply 47April 16, 2019 7:01 PM

R47 I see, thank you!

by Anonymousreply 48April 16, 2019 7:01 PM

R44 Richard was in second wave of casting, the two stars of the film are presumed to be the young actors who were cast first months ago

by Anonymousreply 49April 16, 2019 7:03 PM

[quote] Richard has been very close with Gemma for years

Very close? How many times have you seen them hanging out together by themselves?

Madden and Chan are part of the elite new British clique of actors (the new-generation ‘Primrose Hill set’) that includes Matt Smith, Cressida Bonas, etc. They might go for brunch in London (as a big clique), but we’ve never seen him hang out with her individually.

Liking each other’s posts is just kids’ play.

Who are Madden’s actual best friends, from the lads?

by Anonymousreply 50April 16, 2019 7:03 PM

[quote] He's been acting for a long time and has made plenty of friends and connections both in ... America

Like who, R25? Who are his “American friends”?

by Anonymousreply 51April 16, 2019 7:07 PM

R50 how do you think she came to be on a hike with Brandon's dog if she were not close with Richard? She tweeted about his golden globe win and has talked about him in interviews. it is ridiculous to think all his closest friends must be 'lads'

by Anonymousreply 52April 16, 2019 7:07 PM

r50 Freddie from skins second gen

by Anonymousreply 53April 16, 2019 7:08 PM

Haha at Brandon's comment here. I wasn't aware he'd been commenting for a while.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 54April 16, 2019 7:09 PM

If we're only counting people he's ever been seen alone with it's Jenna, Ellie, and now Brandon. I don't think he has no friends though so it's ridiculous to measure it that way.

by Anonymousreply 55April 16, 2019 7:12 PM

R52, Of course they’re going to talk and tweet about each other - she landed a Marvel gig and he landed a Golden Globe. 2 successful actors from the same clique are going to pat each other on the back. They get a boost from each other’s fame.

Gee, where are Madden’s less successful friends from drama school and Scotland? Discarded because they don’t carry any popularity caché and are not Instagram-worthy?

by Anonymousreply 56April 16, 2019 7:17 PM

R56 nah maybe they just aren't get pap'd with him cus they aren't famous... use your head, famous people have famous and non famous friends but only the former get media attention because the latter live privately. and Richard only attended drama school for one year btw so...

by Anonymousreply 57April 16, 2019 7:20 PM

R50 If you saw any of the pics of them hanging out at various awards ceremonies this year Gemma posted, it was very clear they're very close and comfortable with each other, not just politely posing. Some of them were instastories, however, so they may be gone now unless some fans saved them, sorry. As someone pointed out above, she did also tweet at least once with a lovely photo of the two of them. Pretty much every article that wrote about them referenced their friendship as being a longtime one. She's also clearly been spending time with him AND Brandon, to go by her budding friendship with Brandon on Instagram and her commenting that she misses Brandon's dogs

R56 Plenty of his stories he tells in interviews involve old friends. He seems to have a wide and varied bunch of them. We may not hear about all of them because they're not famous, doesn't mean he doesn't have them. Instagram won't tell you much because as has been said many times here, he's a pretty private guy. He's not out there instagramming most of his life.

by Anonymousreply 58April 16, 2019 7:21 PM

[quote] Plenty of his stories he tells in interviews involve old friends. He seems to have a wide and varied bunch of them.

Like who?

by Anonymousreply 59April 16, 2019 7:24 PM

R56 is trolling. Why is anyone continuing to engage with him?

by Anonymousreply 60April 16, 2019 7:27 PM

He did not attend drama school for only one year. Johanna from Sweeney Todd, OTOH...

by Anonymousreply 61April 16, 2019 7:28 PM

r61 in a podcast posted only the other day he said he did and that he graduated buy using his theater work as credits

by Anonymousreply 62April 16, 2019 7:30 PM

R59 Dude, I'm not actually IN his life. I can't actually name who is on his "favourites" list in his phone. I've simply read plenty of interviews with him where he referenced things he's done with friends, or friends points of view on stuff he's done, or whatever. Sometimes there was quotes included by more famous friends like Lily James or whoever. If you wanna go and trawl back through years of Richard Madden reporting to satisfy your seemingly insatiable curiosity as to who EXACTLY it is he calls friends, be my guest. I don't have that kind of patience.

by Anonymousreply 63April 16, 2019 7:30 PM

R63, oh, calm down. All these claims on this thread that he has lots of friends and especially a trillion friends in the States are not backed up by much.

by Anonymousreply 64April 16, 2019 7:35 PM

R64 I don't think anyone thinks he does have a billion friends. However I think it's also pretty safe to say he has more people than just Brandon to spend time with there, and I believe that the topic of friends was originally raised by someone wondering DID he have anyone to hang out with other than him.

Anyway, it's fairly tiresome as a topic, since unless one knows him personally we can't actually who he knows "behind the scenes" or know how many people he knows or whatever. He's too private for that, there isn't enough of his life out there for that.

by Anonymousreply 65April 16, 2019 7:39 PM

[quote] nah maybe they just aren't get pap'd with him cus they aren't famous... use your head, famous people have famous and non famous friends but only the former get media attention because the latter live privately.

The new batch of London set actors are cliquey. Just like their predecessors (Jude Law, Sadie Frost, Kate Moss, Helena Bonham Carter, etc). Usually no ‘random plebeian friends’ with them at restaurants or outside Mayfair clubs. The jetset stick together. And they mostly only date actors as successful as them, to opportunistically maximise their cache. No plebby “jobbing actors” allowed into the clique.

by Anonymousreply 66April 16, 2019 7:40 PM

[quote] unless one knows him personally we can't actually who he knows "behind the scenes" or know how many people he knows or whatever. He's too private for that, there isn't enough of his life out there for that.

R65, when it comes to his fuck life, everybody here knows everything, but when it comes to his best lad friends “he’s too private”? Pffft.

by Anonymousreply 67April 16, 2019 7:43 PM

What is with that poster and 'lads' ...calm down

by Anonymousreply 68April 16, 2019 7:44 PM

R67 Ummm, no, actually. I never said anything about "lad friends"- just friends and stuff in general. What is it with you and lad friends anyway? Not sure why it matters so much to you, but it definitely doesn't to me. He's friends with whoever he's friends with.

And I've never claimed to KNOW anything unless it's confirmed by a picture or whatever. That's all I figure you can do with something like this- I can only go on what bits we DO know. The rest is fun speculation and hoping the speculation is right!

by Anonymousreply 69April 16, 2019 7:48 PM

R66 you seem to have made up your mind that Richard is apart of a clique of actors from wealthy English families who hate regular folk and no one will be able to dissuade you from that now, even though he is from a working class family in Scotland

by Anonymousreply 70April 16, 2019 7:49 PM

I haven't listened to the podcast interview but I agree with you R62, I think I've read him say something similar in older interviews too, that he left after the first year but they counted work he was doing outside of it towards him completing the course. I think he said he popped back in when he could from time to time or something.

by Anonymousreply 71April 16, 2019 7:50 PM

Holy shit this thread is moving fast. They’ve officially become DL royalty.

by Anonymousreply 72April 16, 2019 7:56 PM

R70, that’s because you lack reading comprehension. A clique doesn’t mean “coming from money”. E.g. Jude Law and Kate Moss didn’t come from money - but everybody in Britain knew they were part of an exclusive club in North London. And if you think successful British actors are not cliquey - I’ve got a bridge to sell you.

R69 can’t follow threads. People started saying: “Oh, why would Madden hang out with Flynn other than for fucking - he has SO many friends, including male friends, on both sides of the Atlantic.” But from general observation - no, he doesn’t.

He might be fucking Flynn for all I care, but he doesn’t have many best mates either, especially in the US. Guys (lads in British, why does that surprise you - Madden is a laddish guy) usually have at least one best mate. But Madden seems to just have hens around him.

by Anonymousreply 73April 16, 2019 8:03 PM

R73 I am British I know all this.. still don't get why you keep asking about lads though? he can have mostly female close friends...your decision to say he's laddish is on you not him

by Anonymousreply 74April 16, 2019 8:11 PM

their arent photos of him with his 'lad friends' because the social media we see isn't his private one which likely has photos of Brandon on it too...

by Anonymousreply 75April 16, 2019 8:13 PM

Part 5! Madden really is the new Hiddleston.

by Anonymousreply 76April 16, 2019 8:14 PM

gotta love tabloid sensationalism

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 77April 16, 2019 8:17 PM

Sophie Turner lives in LA with her fiancé Joe Jonas

by Anonymousreply 78April 16, 2019 8:19 PM

R74, read the reply at R73. Second paragraph. The question about his male friends is because people keep saying that Madden has so many other mates to hang out with instead of Flynn, if it were just casual. Well, fine, so I ask like who? Because Flynn sure seems to be the only (male) mate in his immediate vicinity. Booth is the other one - but he’s busy tripping around mountains.

by Anonymousreply 79April 16, 2019 8:21 PM

More Richard/Brandon sightings to add to the timeline, March 21, 2019:

[quote]Richard went with Brandon back in late to a Wallows concert :)

[quote]Here is the tweet where she saw Richard too! Wallows is a band with some 13RW members in it :)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 80April 16, 2019 8:24 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 81April 16, 2019 8:25 PM

R79 He has friends who aren't actors but still work in the film and tv industry, they aren't recognisable eg he seems friendly with the guy behind the Netflix film he made

by Anonymousreply 82April 16, 2019 8:25 PM

R80 / R81 There's a picture of them at that concert.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 83April 16, 2019 8:30 PM

R83 That wasn't a concert, that was the album release party for that band. Unless maybe they did a concert as part of it?

by Anonymousreply 84April 16, 2019 8:33 PM

R81 We can also add the sighting of them shopping together at the pet shop with "together vibes" from R30 to the sightings list.

by Anonymousreply 85April 16, 2019 8:36 PM

R79 If Booth is busy tripping around, then you would think Richard could stay at his place.

by Anonymousreply 86April 16, 2019 8:37 PM

R86 in London?

by Anonymousreply 87April 16, 2019 8:38 PM

What place, R86? Booth lives in South London. I have no idea where (or with whom) Booth himself stays when he visits LA for auditions, promotions and the like.

by Anonymousreply 88April 16, 2019 8:42 PM

BF catching RM checking him out.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 89April 16, 2019 8:42 PM

The British film and TV industry is much much smaller than Hollywood's and a lot of these late 20s to early 30s British B- and C-listers have known each other for years while they have all been trying to make it bigger than the UK scene. Gemma Chan, Richard Madden, Finn Jones and Rose Leslie and most of the second and third tier GOT cast with any promise, Colin Morgan, Taron Egerton, Ophelia Lovibond, Lily James, Jack Fox, Oliver Jackson-Cohen, Florence Pugh, Gwylim Lee, Jack O'Connell, Lucy Boynton, Jameela Jamil, Douglas Booth, Imogen Poots, Phoebe Waller-Bridge, even Carey Mulligan though she's "made it" more than most of the others have - most of these people have all known each other for years, promote each other, and socialize with and yes, sometimes sleep with and date each other.

That Richard brought in a younger outsider, and an American streaming TV actor at that, says a lot IMO.

by Anonymousreply 90April 16, 2019 8:42 PM

Madden is part of the so-called North London glitterati ‘Brit Pack’ (play on words from the American ‘Brat Pack’). Out of all the men in the clique, he only seems to be mates with Booth. To the point that they even shared the same girlfriend (Ellie Bamber).

The Sun has an infographic about the group’s quasi-incestuous ties:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 91April 16, 2019 8:53 PM

R90 And it's not like Brandon is loaded and has a guest room already for his new British friend. All Brandon's got to offer is... well himself.

by Anonymousreply 92April 16, 2019 8:53 PM

...And his 5 million followers.

High-flying British actors don’t befriend or date obscure actors without a big fanbase.

by Anonymousreply 93April 16, 2019 8:56 PM

this has turned into a conspiracy thread like so many others hahaha ,Douglas booth is dating bel powley (who was still with another boyfriend when she was first pap'd kissing booth)

by Anonymousreply 94April 16, 2019 8:58 PM

R93 Was there no one else with millions of followers who's not a gay twink for Richard to befriend?

by Anonymousreply 95April 16, 2019 8:59 PM

There's no conspiracy that I can see. It's a fact that all these people hang out or at worst are a degree of separation away from each other.

Right, Brandon's not a nobody, but he is an outsider.

by Anonymousreply 96April 16, 2019 9:00 PM

That Richard is doing for this to get Brandon's "fans" is ridiculous. To get his fanny is more likely.

by Anonymousreply 97April 16, 2019 9:02 PM

If anything Richard is the outsider in LA, his golden globe didn't make him suddenly a Hollywood actor he's still working on that

by Anonymousreply 98April 16, 2019 9:03 PM

Gemma's Instagram from today at Brush Canyon Trail... guess she and Booth are both back in LA.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 99April 16, 2019 9:07 PM

R91 Um, that very article that you point to as saying he's only friends with Booth describes him as an old friend of James Norton.

Besides, what does it matter? It's The Sun! They're writing about a small handful of people there. So he's not friends with some of the people in the article. That means nothing when it comes to who he IS friends with. They haven't even included people like Matt Smith or Lily James or Gemma Chan or Dominic Cooper (who is a bit older but is also friends with some of them, I believe.) who are all friends of Richard (except maybe Cooper. I've no idea if he knows him. I guess he WILL get to know him if he doesn't already though, if DC and Gemma stay together.)

by Anonymousreply 100April 16, 2019 9:08 PM

R100, I would imagine Madden’s and Norton’s relationship is awkward since they were competing against each other for Bond and the multi-million set-for-life salary that comes with it.

by Anonymousreply 101April 16, 2019 9:12 PM

R95 and R97 are missing the point. The point was that if Flynn wasn’t on a hit show with a huge American fan following - not a chance in hell that anyone from the Brit Pack, including Madden, would give him the time of day.

Notice that Madden is not hanging out or dating some hot non-actor or actor from some daytime soap. You need to bring a popular fan caché to the table to be by his side - just like his ex Coleman.

And Flynn is not a complete random ‘outsider’. He’s Sam Smith’s EX. Smith is adjacent to the Brit Pack. The Pack loves quasi-incestuous relationships - sleeping with each other’s exes. So Flynn qualifies for entry.

by Anonymousreply 102April 16, 2019 9:14 PM

R102 what was coleman's popular fan cache when they were dating? Didn't they start before she hit it big in the uk

by Anonymousreply 103April 16, 2019 9:19 PM

R102 barely anyone knew who Ellie Bamber was when they were together and even now lol , plus Richard has been friends with the likes of chan before she got her big break in America

by Anonymousreply 104April 16, 2019 9:21 PM

R102 I think you're not giving Madden enough credit there, and possibly Flynn's cache too MUCH credit. I promise he's really not that well-known. Great actor, sure, on a popular show, but there's a reason all the headlines referred to him as "Sam Smith's ex". It's because nine out of 10 regular people reading the tabloids wouldn't have known who he WAS otherwise. That Sun article describing him as influential or super well-connected or whatever it said was pure bunkum.

And R103 is right, Madden was with Jenna long before she was as big a name as she is now, they were together before she ever got her big break on Doctor Who. And Ellie Bamber? She's not anybody yet. She might go on to be big, but very few people knew who she was when he got together with her. She'd hardly done anything big.

by Anonymousreply 105April 16, 2019 9:22 PM

R103 / R105, Coleman had a fan following way before her Victoria gig. Before she and Madden started dating, she was LITERALLY nominated for the "Most Popular Newcomer" award at the British National TV awards, as well as for the “Best Actress" award. And same year that they stated dating, she made a feature film debut - straight away in a Marvel film (Captain America). And while they were dating, she landed a main Doctor Who gig, which is very popular in Britain. That’s why they likely lasted 3 years. They utilised each other’s fame.

by Anonymousreply 106April 16, 2019 9:36 PM

Who is advising Richard? How is Brandon an "influencer" and "super well connected"? unless he is a secret drug dealer to the hollywood it crowd thn yea maybe. if he keeps getting paps with other netflix folk/ than this might be arranged by netflix as they want their star to only be photogragh with each other i mean Madden used to attend HBO GOT but not anymore.

by Anonymousreply 107April 16, 2019 9:44 PM

r106 stop reaching they seemed a genuine relationship at the time and didn't court press, it wasn't for fame

by Anonymousreply 108April 16, 2019 9:45 PM

Some of y'all are so cynical, damn.

by Anonymousreply 109April 16, 2019 9:46 PM

Is r107 for real..?

by Anonymousreply 110April 16, 2019 9:46 PM

[auote] barely anyone knew who Ellie Bamber was when they were together and even now lol

He started dating her right after she appeared in Tom Ford’s film and Sam Mendes’ music video. She was going places. But her career stalled a bit and they broke up. She’s of no help to anyone.

[quote] Bamber’s not anybody yet. She might go on to be big ... [But] She'd hardly done anything big.

And that could be why she was unceremoniously dumped :)

by Anonymousreply 111April 16, 2019 9:47 PM

Jesus, what a bunch of buzz kills.

by Anonymousreply 112April 16, 2019 9:48 PM

R106 She was in Captain America for MAYBE three minutes. Sure, technically she was "in" a big Hollywood movie, but nooo way was it in any way a claim to fame. And I'm not saying she had no following, but she was also not in any way a big NAME when they got together. You referenced him not dating anyone off a daytime soap- well, up until she got cast in Doctor Who (the year AFTER they got together) her biggest claim to fame- her only real claim to fame- WAS a role on Emmerdale, a popular UK soap.

They were also pretty low-key together for most of their relationship, they didn't exploit the hot young British couple thing the way you're making it sound like they did. Sure, they did some events and carpets together, but they could've got WAY more press out of it if they had chosen to. They didn't.

by Anonymousreply 113April 16, 2019 9:51 PM

[quote]R56 is trolling. Why is anyone continuing to engage with him?

R56 has posted 25 comments in this new thread pushing ridiculous conspiracy theories to deny that Richard and Brandon are really dating.

Madden's fangirls must be desperate......

by Anonymousreply 114April 16, 2019 9:52 PM

Geez, someone is invested in portraying Richard as a social-climber who uses people for fame. I just think he's a dude who follows his dick.

by Anonymousreply 115April 16, 2019 9:54 PM

[quote] they seemed a genuine relationship at the time and didn't court press, it wasn't for fame

Uh-huh. Out of all the other candidates (there are lots of people in London), he just happened to pick one of the most promising-career actresses for his partner. And of course he never dated any regular film crew - only popular TV faces. Sure, no fame considerations in that equation at all. *eye-roll*

by Anonymousreply 116April 16, 2019 9:59 PM

R115, and only actors on Netflix shows possess dick? All the regular guys in gyms, clubs, etc don’t?

You’re all getting so touchy over Madden. He’s an actor and 99% of them are social-climbers. The fact that you think he just dates totally random people for cock or pussy is cute.

by Anonymousreply 117April 16, 2019 10:03 PM

R116 an actor dates a fellow actor call the police! people date inside their profession all the time it's not some sort of elitism it's because they can relate to eachother and sorry but two attractive people dating doesn't mean they are shallow...

by Anonymousreply 118April 16, 2019 10:05 PM

r117 if he was a real social climber he should have dated one of those Instagram influencer actor crossovers, Brandon has 5 million followers but his posts don't get that much interaction and he doesn't churn out multiple sponsored posts a week

by Anonymousreply 119April 16, 2019 10:08 PM

Most people don’t date only within their profession, R118. If you’re an accountant, are you ONLY dating other accountants, one after the other?

Come on, now. DL is not a place to deny the frequent opportunism of actors. Their sex lives are built on navel-gazing elitism.

by Anonymousreply 120April 16, 2019 10:10 PM

The hand placement of Richard and Brandon strolling through LA reminds of the Architectural Digest video of Ricky Martin and his husband Jwan. it was when they were going inside the house after showing the backyard I notice Jwan place his hand on Ricky's neck similar to Richard and Ricky had his hand on Jwan's waist and they are similar heights.

by Anonymousreply 121April 16, 2019 10:15 PM

popular actors are usually attractive and so date other attractive people because they can, why is that bad? I'd do the same

by Anonymousreply 122April 16, 2019 10:16 PM

Photo from Brandon's Instagram Story. Where the heck is he?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 123April 16, 2019 10:20 PM

also when Ricky Martin announced he was engage on the Ellen show they showed a black and white photo of him and his fiance and he had his hand on Ricky's neck.

by Anonymousreply 124April 16, 2019 10:21 PM

R120 Actually, people don't date ONLY in their own professions, but yes, they do date within them all the time. Actors dating other actors isn't any different to two doctors dating, or two lawyers dating, or whatever, we just HEAR about the actors and not the doctors. For them, it's still just meeting at work, or meeting at work functions, or meeting through friends. Normal people also meet people through people they work with and socialise with. It's just at a more glam level for those in Hollywood, maybe. It's not a shock that actors socialise with other actors a lot, which is presumably how BF and RM met.

by Anonymousreply 125April 16, 2019 10:22 PM

So much white-nighting for Hollywood actors, R125 :). Most of them are narcissists and opportunists. It’s part of the game. Gays beard, straights fake relationships - and the gullible audience laps it all up. Even if they meet the hottest guy in a gym, they’d still usually choose a less attractive, but more famous fellow celeb to date. Exhibit: Flynn dating Sam Smith.

by Anonymousreply 126April 16, 2019 10:33 PM

R126 yes all celebrities are bad and fake, great let's move on

by Anonymousreply 127April 16, 2019 10:40 PM

R113, Coleman started out on a soap - and that was fine at the time because when they started dating (2011), he was just starting out too with GoT. For him back then (he was largely an unknown before his HBO role), she (with her nominations and rising fanbase) was a good pairing in fame.

And her debut in Hollywood’s Cap America was a big deal for any actor in Britain. Especially, again, because they were just starting out.

But now why would he date someone on a day soap like Emmerdale.

by Anonymousreply 128April 16, 2019 10:41 PM

Feel free to provide new info, R127.

But Madden and Flynn are not that active on SM, so it’s not like there’s anything new to discuss.

And random Twittersti gurls stalking them in shops and tweeting ‘sightings’ is not exactly reliable and veering towards restraining order territory.

by Anonymousreply 129April 16, 2019 10:48 PM

R129 sightings from twitter girls who's accounts don't revolve around the actor they claim to see don't come off as false to me, why would they lie? most sightings have turned out true

by Anonymousreply 130April 16, 2019 10:56 PM

Don't let the troll derail this thread.

[quote]The hand placement of Richard and Brandon strolling through LA reminds of the Architectural Digest video of Ricky Martin and his husband Jwan. it was when they were going inside the house after showing the backyard I notice Jwan place his hand on Ricky's neck similar to Richard and Ricky had his hand on Jwan's waist and they are similar heights.

Yes. At min 2:42:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 131April 16, 2019 10:57 PM

R129 who has stalked them other than the paps? Tweeting about seeing a celebrity or taking a photo of/with them doesn't bring fame and certainly doesn't amount to stalking

by Anonymousreply 132April 16, 2019 10:58 PM

Are we now back to psycho-analysing “hand positions”, R131? Slow news day?

by Anonymousreply 133April 16, 2019 10:59 PM

...is this a Ricky Martin thread now? He's as gay as they come whereas the common opinion on Richard now is that he might be bisexual (I know not everyone agrees)

by Anonymousreply 134April 16, 2019 10:59 PM

R133 It's better than endless analysis of ex-girlfriends and just how many friends Richard has and just what "fame level" apparently qualifies one to attract Richard's attention.

by Anonymousreply 135April 16, 2019 11:01 PM

No, it’s not “better”, R135. We already analysed hand positions 2 threads ago. But if you want to run these threads in circles, go ahead.

by Anonymousreply 136April 16, 2019 11:03 PM

R114 Yeah, I muted the troll in the previous thread and my feed has cleaned up nicely.

by Anonymousreply 137April 16, 2019 11:06 PM

R130, “why would they lie”? Because it’s TWITTER, lol. Seriously, how old are the ppl here? Did we learn nothing from the last election? Some people on Twitter love spinning tales. They probably get a kick out of it.

by Anonymousreply 138April 16, 2019 11:07 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 139April 16, 2019 11:07 PM

R138 how old are you? The types of sighting that people have been sharing aren't anything that people would bother lying about and madden is hardly a Clinton, simmer down

by Anonymousreply 140April 16, 2019 11:09 PM

R136 Well, maybe not better, but certainly not worse! (And it wasn't my post, so I'm not running anything in any circles. It was just a relief to see something different on THIS thread.)

R138 That latest sighting isn't actually from twitter. It's from another site. Whoever runs that account simply screenshotted it and posted it.

by Anonymousreply 141April 16, 2019 11:09 PM

R138 what posts do you believe to be false? Nearly every sighting is pretty much confirmed at this point

by Anonymousreply 142April 16, 2019 11:11 PM

R138=R129=R56.....= TROLL who has posted 35 comments trying to derail this thread about Richard and Brandon. I wonder why....

Going back to topic.

asia_chow: We can’t ~all~ be as lucky as Brandon💫 @flynnagin11 @maddenrichard

flynnagin11: #blessed 22w 18 likes Reply

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 143April 16, 2019 11:20 PM

R114 doesn’t know how to read. He thinks making making fun of thirsty actors like Madden equals “fangurling” for Madden. Irony is that R114 is the real Madden fangurl. Desperate.

R137, no one cares who you mute. The fact that you take R114 seriously means you can’t read either.

R143 - there’s NOTHING to derail. You haven’t posted anything new. What you just posted was in the first thread. [bold]You keep recycling the same identical IG posts over and over and over... It’s like Groundhog Day, stuck in a repetitive loop.[/bold]

by Anonymousreply 144April 16, 2019 11:25 PM

[quote] who has stalked them other than the paps? Tweeting about seeing a celebrity or taking a photo of/with them doesn't bring fame and certainly doesn't amount to stalking

The furtive, underhand photo at R83 appears like stalking, R132. Even another IG commentator pointed this out: “I saw this. I wonder what else will this person post to proof whatever he/she wants to proof. Some fans don't know about boundaries.”

by Anonymousreply 145April 16, 2019 11:46 PM

When is the next sighting!? I’m dying.

by Anonymousreply 146April 16, 2019 11:46 PM

R145 I'm not saying you're wrong- I hadn't thought about it myself, I would need to give it a little more thought- but um, it's maybe worth noting that the person who left that comment loved Ellie Bamber and HATES Brandon. I have no idea why, she never actually gave any REASON, she just does. She hates him, she hates him being around Richard, she doesn't like ANY photos of them and absolutely *hates* any insinuation that they might be more than friends. She made her feelings very clear about it on twitter. (Or at least, she did. I think she later closed her twitter account when the paparazzi photos of them came out. Have no idea whether she ever came back or opened another one or whatever.)

I'm not saying she doesn't legitimately care about Richard's privacy and have concerns there, but it is worth factoring in that her feelings about Brandon seem to colour the whole thing pretty strongly for her.

by Anonymousreply 147April 16, 2019 11:53 PM

R146 No idea when we'll get to see them together, but I'm hopeful that at least when Richard is back in the UK for filming we might get some pics of him then.

by Anonymousreply 148April 16, 2019 11:57 PM

[quote]and she HATES Brandon. I have no idea why, she never actually gave any REASON, she just does. She hates him, she hates him being around Richard, she doesn't like ANY photos of them and absolutely *hates* any insinuation that they might be more than friends.

She hates Brandon because she hates the idea of Richard being gay.

She's one of these Madden's fangurls who have been reporting the Brandon/Richard IG account:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 149April 17, 2019 12:04 AM

[quote]The furtive, underhand photo

Get a grip, lol someone saw them in the background of the photo and pointed it out. How awful!

by Anonymousreply 150April 17, 2019 12:06 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 151April 17, 2019 12:14 AM

R151 none of those photos are a type of stalking you describe...its laughable that you are still pushing this, a sneaky photo taken when you are surprised to see someone famous might be seen as rude but it isn't stalking, if they had been following them to deliberately take their photo like an amateur paparazzo then yea that's stalking

by Anonymousreply 152April 17, 2019 12:20 AM

[quote] someone saw them in the background of the photo and pointed it out.

“Saw them in the background of the photo”? R150, that’s just disingenuous. It wasn’t a photo of a waterfall with the celebs ‘accidentally’ in the background. It was an intentional furtive photo of the celebs.

by Anonymousreply 153April 17, 2019 12:22 AM

Take a picture and find out some celeb happened to be in it is not stalking at all. It’s not doing on purpose. It’s just someone got good eye.

by Anonymousreply 154April 17, 2019 12:22 AM

So It was taken at an album party and then zoomed and cropped later?

by Anonymousreply 155April 17, 2019 12:24 AM

Taking out your camera and snapping pics is “not on purpose”, R154? Lol.

by Anonymousreply 156April 17, 2019 12:24 AM

R155 Yes.

by Anonymousreply 157April 17, 2019 12:26 AM

What are you for abolishing cameras at promotional events now? R156

by Anonymousreply 158April 17, 2019 12:27 AM

If it was “zoomed and cropped”, where’s the original photo?

by Anonymousreply 159April 17, 2019 12:28 AM

I watched Richard in that stupid British thriller series Bodyguard. I had no idea the actor is gay. He's hot but had or has bad skin. And short? He's got a few years on this guy Brandon, no?

by Anonymousreply 160April 17, 2019 12:31 AM

The fact is that Richard is in LA for a few months now and he has no reason to be there, interviews and promotion can be done in a week, but he lives there since February, why live there if you have your family, friends and especially work in another country? Richard doesn't need to date Brandon for his fanbase, especially after the success of the bodyguard. Brandon has taken a lot of hate from Sam's fans and Richard's fans that are angry with him for putting a spell on Richard lol. Richard was considered absolutely straight before Brandon and I don't understand why he should take such a big risk unless he was really into Brandon. They are in love get over it!!

by Anonymousreply 161April 17, 2019 12:36 AM

R159 Instagram. And no I don't have a link, but if you so invested go and find it, stalker.

by Anonymousreply 162April 17, 2019 12:38 AM

R152 / R158, are you folks all American or young? Serious honest question - how old are you?

I was on the same tube (subway) with Kit Harrington once. Nobody took photos of him or bothered him. Normal grownups let him have his privacy.

Saw Colin Firth in an airplane lounge, Colin Farrell in a restaurant, Tom Daley in Whole Foods, Jensen Ackles in a bar. Most in London, some in TX - again, nobody whipped out their phones and started taking unsolicited photos of them as they were going round their business.

Leave that shit to the paparazzi on public streets. It’s not criminal, but it’s behaviour that reeks of needy desperation.

by Anonymousreply 163April 17, 2019 12:41 AM

Well is Richard "going gay" for 1 guy or was he a big closet case for years. Who cares, really? I hope they are having fabulous falling in love sex.

by Anonymousreply 164April 17, 2019 12:41 AM

Unsupported claims like yours are useless, R162.

by Anonymousreply 165April 17, 2019 12:45 AM

R163 wow thanks for the celeb spotting recaps ..not... I'm mid twenties but the photo you are angered about wasn't taken on the tube or an airport it was at a album promotion party, the only photo that's even iffy is the one with Richard walking the dog

by Anonymousreply 166April 17, 2019 12:46 AM

Ask the account on Instagram and stop shooting the messenger on here

by Anonymousreply 167April 17, 2019 12:46 AM

R164 I’d wager a bet that he’s been getting man meat on the side for years. Then something happened to make him so smitten with Brandon...so much so that they appear to be in an exclusive relationship.

:: cue Elvin Bishop’s “Fooled Around and Fell in Love:”::

by Anonymousreply 168April 17, 2019 12:49 AM

Yes, I gathered you were young, R166. I’m Madden’s age and you can bet he doesn’t take unsolicited pics. Or zoom and crop and like an anal person.

by Anonymousreply 169April 17, 2019 12:52 AM

R163 It was a public event and photo of two people, Richard and Brandon were it the background, no one secretly take picture of them, they just stood in the back and got into the photo. Maybe someone remember where this photo is and post it here.

by Anonymousreply 170April 17, 2019 12:54 AM

just a thought: Richard's PR could never put out a statement denying this without it seeming like a big NO HOMO thing that would damage his online rep with rocketman out soon. I think they are together but just a thought I had when thinking about how much Twitter hates people "coming out as straight"

by Anonymousreply 171April 17, 2019 12:55 AM

seems the same people who complain there is no photographic proof are the ones that get mad when photos are taken...

by Anonymousreply 172April 17, 2019 12:58 AM

R172, a photograph of them proudly holding hands on a red carpet is not the same as someone anally zooming in on them (not even DOING anything that merits zooming) at a simple gig.

by Anonymousreply 173April 17, 2019 1:02 AM

R173 the picture has them in the background it was not a photo of them, it has been explained but you continue to rant and seemingly find excuses to use the word anal?

by Anonymousreply 174April 17, 2019 1:05 AM

Lol, Zooming in & Cropping photos of the backs of unsuspecting celebs is the definition of an anal fandom, R174.

Why don’t you just put tracking devices on them?

by Anonymousreply 175April 17, 2019 1:26 AM

r175 It's often done so people don't spread pictures of some random person online everywhere. You're really upset about this, though. Maybe just a take a walk or something.

by Anonymousreply 176April 17, 2019 1:28 AM

for the Hollywood PR expert: what does it mean when "both reps couldnt be reach"? how could they not be reach when its their job? Im confuse?

by Anonymousreply 177April 17, 2019 1:29 AM

R177 it means they probably ignored the questions as they didn't want to make a statement about it.

by Anonymousreply 178April 17, 2019 1:33 AM

Here, hopefully I can settle some of R159's bother, I found the original pic, but sorry, last time I tried to post a link it didn't show up right- can anyone tell me is there something specific I need to do?

by Anonymousreply 179April 17, 2019 1:41 AM

is Richard back in Europe? i was checking twitter and in the caption dated April 15: "isaac Hemptstead-Wright photograph with Richard Madden and Alfie Allen with a fan today".

by Anonymousreply 180April 17, 2019 1:42 AM

It’s weird how E!News of all places legitimized them in my eyes. Surreal.....

by Anonymousreply 181April 17, 2019 1:43 AM

[quote] It's often done so people don't spread pictures of some random person online everywhere.

R176, so instead they’re just spreading unsolicited pictures of celebs at a private indoor gig who didn’t ask to be photographed?

Btw, it appears it wasn’t a “public event”, R170 - it was a private event with entry by application / invitation only.

I feel sorry for #Harddon. It’s fanatical followers will use any excuse to not allow them to even shit in private.

by Anonymousreply 182April 17, 2019 1:45 AM

*Its

by Anonymousreply 183April 17, 2019 1:47 AM

Ok, R159, hopefully this works: here is the original pic. It's the second in the gallery. It wasn't taken to stalk them- it was a picture legitimately being taken of these people in the picture. Richard fans realised it was him in the background after seeing a bunch of tweets about him being there with Brandon.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BvTJRZWlUjX/?utm_source=ig_embed

by Anonymousreply 184April 17, 2019 1:47 AM

r182 Fans had the ability to be invited. That's why there are pictures in the first place. It wasn't some celebrity only event.

by Anonymousreply 185April 17, 2019 1:48 AM

Why are you all indulging this person who is infuriated over a nothing-photo?

by Anonymousreply 186April 17, 2019 1:50 AM

R178 exactly. I work in public relations and I can’t count the number of times I’ve been instructed by a client to ignore an email or voicemail from a reporter. Not for general questions, but for touchy, controversial subjects that the client either didn’t want to address or hadn’t yet figured out how to answer.

by Anonymousreply 187April 17, 2019 1:50 AM

R185, no one said it was a “celebrity-only event” as you called it. Upthread a poster said it was a public event, like a pavement walk, and it wasn’t. Invitation/application-only events are private events.

by Anonymousreply 188April 17, 2019 1:53 AM

Here's the tweet R180 was talking about. No idea where they are though.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 189April 17, 2019 1:56 AM

R184, thanks, I already found the photo earlier. Which is why I referenced the anal zooming & cropping by desperate “Richard fans” up at R175.

by Anonymousreply 190April 17, 2019 1:57 AM

R184, you need to post the link in the "web site link" box below the text box, then it should work :).

by Anonymousreply 191April 17, 2019 1:58 AM

r188 And a fan caught them in the background of a picture. Not like someone was in there stalking them as implied multiple times today. The person wanted to share their photos. It's that simple.

by Anonymousreply 192April 17, 2019 1:58 AM

R190 Oh, you're welcome! But then I'm not sure why you think it's stalking- the people in the photo weren't even taking a pic of him, it was with a member of the band. They didn't even tag him or Brandon. It's not stalking for a bunch of Richard fans to realise it was him later after seeing a bunch of tweets about him at the party.

by Anonymousreply 193April 17, 2019 2:02 AM

R192, why would you want to share a photo of the backs of celebs, taken without their consent or knowledge at a private gig?

Madden sure has some desperate “fans”.

by Anonymousreply 194April 17, 2019 2:02 AM

R191 Oh, thank you so much! I didn't realise that was what that was for, stupid of me! Really appreciate it :)

by Anonymousreply 195April 17, 2019 2:03 AM

r194 Why are you so upset? People recognized Brandon first anyway. It was only later people recognized Richard's jacket since he wears it a lot.

by Anonymousreply 196April 17, 2019 2:03 AM

R194 stop it. Lol

by Anonymousreply 197April 17, 2019 2:05 AM

R189. The lighting’s bad but Richard looks younger there. Not sure.

by Anonymousreply 198April 17, 2019 2:05 AM

R189 it's a misdated post , I don't believe that photo is recent

by Anonymousreply 199April 17, 2019 2:07 AM

GOT just had their redcarpet at Belfast a few days ago so the cast is either there or now in the uk as its close to there.

by Anonymousreply 200April 17, 2019 2:08 AM

R196, why are you so upset by my comment?

People recognised Flynn (unsuspecting of being photoed, at a private gig), well good for those people. Then some OCD person cropped it and people started circulating it - via other IG accounts, posting it on DL, other forums too apparently.

I don’t understand - do you people want these 2 to have a normal relationship (whatever it is) with moments in private. Or do you want them to be monkeys in a glass zoo, with even regular (non-paparazzi) people editing and circulating photos of their unsuspecting backs?

by Anonymousreply 201April 17, 2019 2:17 AM

Good god, whats this discourse about one particular photograph? Who cares how or why it was taken? Whatsmatters is the subject in the photograph.

by Anonymousreply 202April 17, 2019 2:19 AM

R201 I pick monkeys in a glass!!! Welcome to Hollywood.

by Anonymousreply 203April 17, 2019 2:19 AM

You're very welcome, R195 :)! And don't worry about it, I think it makes instinctive sense to just post it with the text like in other forums.

As for where they both are today...I just want them to both be in England soon to visit the Langmead/Rayner house, haha.

by Anonymousreply 204April 17, 2019 2:21 AM

r201 I just don't think one picture is suddenly ruining anything. It's not as serious as you're making it out to be.

by Anonymousreply 205April 17, 2019 2:21 AM

R202, what exactly about the subject of the photograph? What ‘new depths’ of their relationship did that unnecessary, superfluous crop photo reveal?

by Anonymousreply 206April 17, 2019 2:23 AM

R205, do you really think it’ll stop there? I bet the OCD fans will monitor every shit they take :).

by Anonymousreply 207April 17, 2019 2:29 AM

Anyways Brandon has assumed position and ready to go

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 208April 17, 2019 2:30 AM

So Sam Smith unfollowed Madden. Sorry I’m old, but how do people know these things?

by Anonymousreply 209April 17, 2019 2:56 AM

sam unfo and follow richard twice. the last time he unfollowed Richard is in February. If you follow Sam on ins you can see these statusR209

by Anonymousreply 210April 17, 2019 3:00 AM

R209 we all get alerted if a celeb unfollows someone.

by Anonymousreply 211April 17, 2019 3:00 AM

I thought Sam followed and unfollowed Richard again the day or fews after Brandon and Richard pic got out?

by Anonymousreply 212April 17, 2019 3:06 AM

R212 correct, I forgot that one

by Anonymousreply 213April 17, 2019 3:17 AM

[quote] When is the next sighting!? I’m dying.

MadFly’s fervent, sectionable stans are working on it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 214April 17, 2019 3:42 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 215April 17, 2019 4:56 AM

Is Richard in Europe?

by Anonymousreply 216April 17, 2019 5:22 AM

R216 I don’t think he is in Europe . Still in la

by Anonymousreply 217April 17, 2019 7:48 AM

R209 but Richard still following Sam smith, isn't that odd?

by Anonymousreply 218April 17, 2019 9:37 AM

R201 It was never going to be a totally private gig. Fans were always invited, and anyone attending the party knew that. Flynn posed for a couple of photos with fans that asked him to. If he really didn't want to be seen or photographed there, he wouldn't have gone, or he wouldn't have taken RM. It's not like someone sneaking a photo of them at Soho House where that's totally forbidden and people have an expectation of that level of privacy or something.

R204 Ha, couldn't agree with you more there! Hopefully soon!

by Anonymousreply 219April 17, 2019 10:47 AM

Richard will probably adressed the rumors during the Rocketman promos the lgbt press will be interesed and he will provide the statement during that time.

by Anonymousreply 220April 17, 2019 11:08 AM

R219, it was an application- / invitation-only gig = private gig. A public gig is when anyone can just buy a ticket themselves and show up. A private gig doesn’t necessarily mean a secret Illuminati gathering or a family-only event. As for the rest - so actors should just sit at home or go to Soho House? The fans are just becoming desperate, no need to deny that: obsessively cropping out & circulating photos of his (unsuspecting) back on all forums. They can go ahead, but it’s something that teen fangurls would do, not adults.

by Anonymousreply 221April 17, 2019 11:36 AM

Re: why Richard and Brandon all of a sudden started to like each other's posts. I think it's because the cat's out of the bag. Everyone knows about them now, there's no reason to keep it a secret anymore. Besides, they might have planned the pap stunt because they wanted to be more open. It makes sense that they're also more open on Instagram.

by Anonymousreply 222April 17, 2019 11:39 AM

R221 Look, I'm not going to debate the rights and wrongs of taking a picture of someone without them knowing it with you. There are different points of views on that. You're perfectly entitled to yours. I'm just saying, this wasn't a picture sneakily taken at an event which they expected to be private, or even a picture sneaked of them out a restaurant just getting dinner or something. This was an album release party which yes, by invitation, fans were always going to be invited to. And LOTS of the fans of that band are fans of 13 Reasons Why and the other actors on that show too. Flynn would not be unaware of that fact.

And as for cropping the photo and circulating that version, I don't think any Richard or Brandon fans actually did that, I only saw them comment that that was them in the background. It was the account dedicated solely to their relationship that cropped it, I think.

by Anonymousreply 223April 17, 2019 11:51 AM

This thread has gone downhill fast. You become the troll when you argue with the troll. Stay on topic.

by Anonymousreply 224April 17, 2019 12:14 PM

Richard is not in London, R189 that picture it's old. they are both in LA, they liked same posts at the same time. I don't' understand this big deal about that picture on the concert, it was a public thing, they weren't pictured in their bedroom while having sex (I wish)

by Anonymousreply 225April 17, 2019 12:24 PM

[quote]You become the troll when you argue with the troll.

Truth.

by Anonymousreply 226April 17, 2019 12:33 PM

Richard's on TIME100 list!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 227April 17, 2019 12:40 PM

R227 Wow, that’s a big deal! He’s really moving up in the world. And thank you for bringing actual news over to this thread.

by Anonymousreply 228April 17, 2019 12:54 PM

His PR has been way too much this past few weeks the overexposure is making him unlikeable to many. if he's on that list and hasn't even come out...what is it for? just being an actor???

by Anonymousreply 229April 17, 2019 1:03 PM

He looks great in the picture they chose. And the blurb by by Kenneth Branagh is... interesting...

[quote]But he is also innately courtly and courteous, and mindful of others. This is a distinct part of his intense sex appeal, which combines those bedroom eyes with a romantic sensitivity.

by Anonymousreply 230April 17, 2019 1:05 PM

r230 so he's on the list because they think he's sexy?

by Anonymousreply 231April 17, 2019 1:07 PM

R229 Wtf are you talking about? He's a golden globe winning actor. Don't be pathetic and jealous.

by Anonymousreply 232April 17, 2019 1:07 PM

I like the “most dangerous gentleman” part!

by Anonymousreply 233April 17, 2019 1:09 PM

R231 Because he fucking succeeded as an actor. Kenneth thinks sexiness and devotion at acting are Richard's main appeal.

by Anonymousreply 234April 17, 2019 1:11 PM

r232 ...I'm a fan...what about winning a golden globe makes him one of the 100 most influential people of the year? I would understand if he heavily participated in charity work or voiced his opinion on humanitarian issues or was 'bravely' openly lgbt or something like that. But he is literally just an actor? I'm sure he loves all this but I'm not sure it's the right type of thing for him right now in his career sorry!

by Anonymousreply 235April 17, 2019 1:13 PM

Richard deserves all these recognitions and compliments. He started acting from young age and progressed a lot. Some article said he's "the most wanted actor in UK".

by Anonymousreply 236April 17, 2019 1:15 PM

The list is for 2019!? Is it who they expect yet to be most influential this year? He is fine actor, sexy and snart man but I still don't get why he got there.

by Anonymousreply 237April 17, 2019 1:16 PM

R235 Do you even understand that list? He is on "Artist" list, not "pioneer" or something like that. And TIMES voted him cause he's talented.

by Anonymousreply 238April 17, 2019 1:16 PM

r236 most wanted actor in the uk? well that simply isn't true...its PR speak...

by Anonymousreply 239April 17, 2019 1:17 PM

R238 it's a PR driven list I'm sure, and he's not the only questionable inclusion by any means

by Anonymousreply 240April 17, 2019 1:18 PM

R239 Bodyguard was the most watched show in UK in 15 years. There are many stars but not "new stars" so Richard got much attention.

by Anonymousreply 241April 17, 2019 1:19 PM

That list includes bts, mahershala ali, rami malek etc so they voted new stars for sure.

by Anonymousreply 242April 17, 2019 1:20 PM

R241 and yet it was keeley who got the bafta nomination ...

by Anonymousreply 243April 17, 2019 1:21 PM

Times is UK publication. Sure they chose RM.

by Anonymousreply 244April 17, 2019 1:22 PM

R242 Rami and Mahershala won Oscars and golden globes and bts has the biggest online fanbase I've ever seen

by Anonymousreply 245April 17, 2019 1:23 PM

R244 it was TIME magazine not the Times

by Anonymousreply 246April 17, 2019 1:23 PM

R245 ....And Khalid, Emilia clarke, Ozuna.

by Anonymousreply 247April 17, 2019 1:25 PM

R229 Overexposure? Up until recently, most of his exposure has been in the British media. He has a new movie coming out that’s been getting a lot of hype, he won a Golden Globe for outstanding lead actor, and he’s in consideration for an Emmy nom. And, seeing as he only recently moved stateside, it makes sense that he’s starting to get some U.S. press.

Unlikable to many? To whom, exactly? Where are you hearing this?

by Anonymousreply 248April 17, 2019 1:28 PM

hmmm I doubt he will evet come out now.

by Anonymousreply 249April 17, 2019 1:32 PM

R248 within the uk he's been constantly in the press

by Anonymousreply 250April 17, 2019 1:34 PM

The first thing Richard sees in the morning

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 251April 17, 2019 1:36 PM

He will get a lot more exposure than now considering he's filming movie with Colin Firth&benecucumber etc.

by Anonymousreply 252April 17, 2019 1:36 PM

Richard to Brandon

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 253April 17, 2019 1:37 PM

Richard's career is really taking off and soon he will be too busy and Brandon will be in the background. i dont want Brandon to be brokenhearted again. first with a openly gay man and now with a closeted one.

by Anonymousreply 254April 17, 2019 1:42 PM

I just came here to say that Bran is a lot hotter when he’s scowling on GOT.

by Anonymousreply 255April 17, 2019 1:43 PM

That's an adorable picture, R251! Lucky Richard ;).

by Anonymousreply 256April 17, 2019 1:47 PM

R255 ... Bran stark? wrong thread buddy

by Anonymousreply 257April 17, 2019 1:49 PM

tbh Richard should just work his ass off now. It's rare chance.

by Anonymousreply 258April 17, 2019 1:52 PM

R257 I got distracted at r189. Carry on.

by Anonymousreply 259April 17, 2019 1:54 PM

When they went to the Wallows concert, Brandon made an ig story about it, so they weren't hiding they were there

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 260April 17, 2019 1:56 PM

R260 right, they want to keep their life private but they are not hiding from anyone

by Anonymousreply 261April 17, 2019 2:34 PM

The full Time 100 Most Influential of 2019 list...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 262April 17, 2019 2:42 PM

Bodyguard was that big a hit? I watch about 1/2 of it. It was sexy but in a sleazy pulpy way and the plotting was ridiculous. Obviously a series made for female viewers.

by Anonymousreply 263April 17, 2019 2:43 PM

Bodyguard was massive in the UK.

by Anonymousreply 264April 17, 2019 3:08 PM

R264 yup everyone I knew watched it including my mother who never watches tv except for the news, it was a massive thing that caught on via word of mouth and from advertising (which there wasn't that much of as it was BBC)

by Anonymousreply 265April 17, 2019 3:25 PM

Agree with R263. Couldn't get through it. This is what passes for award-winning these days?

by Anonymousreply 266April 17, 2019 3:50 PM

I loved Bodyguard...thought it was really suspenseful.

by Anonymousreply 267April 17, 2019 3:53 PM

it was better watching week by week it was so tense and had cliffhanger type scenes, can't imagine it would be fun to binge on Netflix

by Anonymousreply 268April 17, 2019 3:54 PM

I binged it and liked it, I guess political drama is not for everyone

by Anonymousreply 269April 17, 2019 4:15 PM

The NYTimes gave it a pretty meh review, so you are far from alone if it didn't do it for you.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 270April 17, 2019 4:19 PM

It is confusing!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 271April 17, 2019 4:50 PM

R270 Thanks for the NYT review...

[quote]...his storytelling trademarks include severe psychological duress, inappropriate sex among public servants and the ease with which major characters are killed off.

LOL nails it

by Anonymousreply 272April 17, 2019 5:04 PM

I mean Lainey isn't wrong, that Madden made the list is a little perplexing.

by Anonymousreply 273April 17, 2019 5:16 PM

Madden has a Disneyesque career arc, so not surprised he somehow 'magically' made it onto that list and yeah, the Branagh review is thin. Angels in high places?

by Anonymousreply 274April 17, 2019 5:21 PM

Well, at least one certain person is happy he made the list! :D Liking posts about it before RM has posted anything about it himself!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 275April 17, 2019 5:24 PM

R274 You mean Fairy Godmothers in high places.

by Anonymousreply 276April 17, 2019 5:28 PM

do they have the same PR company?

by Anonymousreply 277April 17, 2019 5:28 PM

Something definitely stinks. He's a good actor but he's not the fucking second coming.

by Anonymousreply 278April 17, 2019 5:30 PM

Bodyguard was a huge hit in the UK and did well on Netflix here. He won a Golden Globe and was nominated for a Critics Choice Award for the role. I think he filled Time’s slot of actor about to make a big breakout.

by Anonymousreply 279April 17, 2019 5:31 PM

R279 Right. He’s also one of the few breakout stars from Game of Thrones. (I’m not counting veterans like Sean Bean, who was already a star when he was cast.)

by Anonymousreply 280April 17, 2019 5:37 PM

[quote]I think he filled Time’s slot of actor about to make a big breakout.

If he breaks out and proud, that'll be something.

by Anonymousreply 281April 17, 2019 6:02 PM

And to also keep in mind, Time selects people from different categories (arts, politics, etc) so RM being included doesn’t seem that odd to me.

by Anonymousreply 282April 17, 2019 6:02 PM

R282 he sticks out like a sore thumb even in the artist section

by Anonymousreply 283April 17, 2019 6:04 PM

R283 no he doesn’t. He has more reason to be on the list than Emilia Clarke, for example.

by Anonymousreply 284April 17, 2019 6:08 PM

[Quote]He has more reason to be on the list than Emilia Clarke, for example.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 285April 17, 2019 6:12 PM

R284 nope she does a lot for charity and recently opened up about her brain aneurisms as well as being able to keep up her career during that hard time

by Anonymousreply 286April 17, 2019 6:14 PM

What R283 said. If people think Branagh wrote a light weight blurb on Madden, Emma Thompson’s blurb on Emilia could float away (one could have mentioned the charity she started for stroke awareness and sharing her own health issues but that’s nowhere to be found). Branagh should have woven in Bodyguard and Madden’s performance in that as a part of his piece.

by Anonymousreply 287April 17, 2019 6:15 PM

Brandon started to follow the photographer that did the portrait of Richard, the boy is sure in love!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 288April 17, 2019 6:15 PM

R284 r287 it's not just about the blurb, Emilia is definitely more deserving of her place on the list

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 289April 17, 2019 6:17 PM

R288 awful photo! hope he doesn't go for the dark hair and eyebrows again

by Anonymousreply 290April 17, 2019 6:19 PM

He’s so supportive of his boyfriend. :)

by Anonymousreply 291April 17, 2019 6:20 PM

Awww, he really seems to be, R288.

by Anonymousreply 292April 17, 2019 6:23 PM

R287 Anyone know how far in advance these things are arranged and written, actually? Emilia just opened up about that very recently, Emma may not have even known about it when she wrote her piece- or may not have thought it her place to include it if Emilia hadn't made it public at that time. Taylor Swift said on instagram she didn't even know Shawn Mendes was writing about her (I don't know how it all works, so I don't know how to gage whether that's true or not.) Emilia's health issues were pretty staggering to learn about and what she has achieved in the face of them is amazing, and what she's trying to do NOW to help others is amazing- but may be nothing to do with her selection for the list.

by Anonymousreply 293April 17, 2019 6:24 PM

R293 most magazines work at least two months in advance.

by Anonymousreply 294April 17, 2019 6:28 PM

I'm sure some descions are made earlier than others while some were last minute additions, remember Richard was assumed by many to be getting a bafta nomination

by Anonymousreply 295April 17, 2019 6:33 PM

R294 Ok, thank you! So it sounds like Emilia's place on the list had nothing to do with that part of her story then.

by Anonymousreply 296April 17, 2019 6:38 PM

R296 that's not really true though, I'm sure it did affect why she was on the list,people in media knew what was going to be published

by Anonymousreply 297April 17, 2019 6:46 PM

Ok, so obviously it's The Sun, but it's got a fun blurb from a former coworker who says Richard pinged back in the day - said he was camp and "not an obvious ladies' man."

Brandon is adorable. I am too invested in this. I love it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 298April 17, 2019 6:57 PM

R298 pretty sure that's been posted before but it's funny the streak in his hair made them think he was gay I thought it was natural. Also it's likely Richard wasn't 'a ladies man' probably because he was very overweight as a teen

by Anonymousreply 299April 17, 2019 7:00 PM

R288

Awww....Brandon is so proud of Richard.......

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 300April 17, 2019 7:01 PM

Did he and Kit rub nubbins after a long shoot? All that leather and hair gel must have smelled HAAAWWWT!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 301April 17, 2019 7:01 PM

R298 the pics of him with his niece are so sweet.

It’s interesting that back then he was perceived as flamboyant, camp, etc., so much that friends thought he was gay. People change over time, but most people don’t change THAT much. I think he’s deliberately toned it down, at least in interviews and public appearances.

by Anonymousreply 302April 17, 2019 7:07 PM

Well, the bullies were right i. thinking Richard was gay.

by Anonymousreply 303April 17, 2019 7:09 PM

r303 It was his coworker and uncle that said he was camp, at school he was bullied for his weight and acting

by Anonymousreply 304April 17, 2019 7:12 PM

It looks like the Time photo was taken months in advance when his hair was dyed

by Anonymousreply 305April 17, 2019 7:27 PM

Cute old photo...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 306April 17, 2019 7:39 PM

R305 I don't think the photo with dark hair is even the TIME pic I think it's just an edit? The photo accompanying the piece he has his light brown hair

by Anonymousreply 307April 17, 2019 7:45 PM

Someone was actually wondering if those two were a couple at some point

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 308April 17, 2019 7:48 PM

Ew Marc Sebastian is a gross anorexic eldertwink who thinks her shit don't stink. She's distasteful and ugly, inside and out.

by Anonymousreply 309April 17, 2019 7:53 PM

Oh, I don't know him at all, R309.

by Anonymousreply 310April 17, 2019 7:58 PM

Oh now I want to see pictures of Richard and Brandon on the beach

by Anonymousreply 311April 17, 2019 8:01 PM

Interesting that Brandon like Richard's time pic at Narrative PR instagram account it makes u wonder if they are both clients at that Pr firm.

by Anonymousreply 312April 17, 2019 8:22 PM

r312 Brandon followed the PR company almost immediately after they posted Richard's Interview shoot so I don't think they both are.

by Anonymousreply 313April 17, 2019 8:31 PM

I want Brandon to comment on this post "Congratulations baby"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 314April 17, 2019 8:54 PM

If only, R314, if only!

by Anonymousreply 315April 17, 2019 9:00 PM

Seems like The PR company follows and posts about their clients, i don’t see any posts about BF and they don’t follow him

by Anonymousreply 316April 17, 2019 9:24 PM

Taron on IG

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 317April 17, 2019 9:31 PM

Taron sure loves to gaybait, wonder if that makes Richard uncomfortable

by Anonymousreply 318April 17, 2019 9:51 PM

R318 It's more like friends teasing each other for a laugh.

by Anonymousreply 319April 17, 2019 10:02 PM

well Richard isn't asian or in his 20's so we can put that whole "this is PR to get the openly gay marvel role!" theory to rest

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 320April 17, 2019 10:58 PM

I really enjoyed this Brandon interview (from last June). He is quite lovely, really thoughtful and quite well-spoken.

He also mentioned a house and a roommate. I think in a previous thread someone said he doesn't have a roommate anymore... Honestly though, I am firmly convinced now that he and Richard are a couple so even if he still lives in a house and not an apartment that would not change my mind as to the status of their relationship, haha.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 321April 18, 2019 12:02 AM

In other interviews Brandon seems to have said middle school was tough for him and that he self-medicated he but doesn't mention that at all in the R321 interview, and says he was at a great high school, but he does mention therapy. I am guessing he enrolled at this art-based high school to avoid repeating his middle school experience.

by Anonymousreply 322April 18, 2019 12:35 AM

R321 he seems like a sweet kid. And he looks good in glasses...he should wear them more often.

by Anonymousreply 323April 18, 2019 1:04 AM

[quote]well Richard isn't asian or in his 20's so we can put that whole "this is PR to get the openly gay marvel role!" theory to rest

Well, and one name on top of the list for the role is reportedly Conrad Ricamora, who is 40 years old. So it seems that Marvel doesn't actually quite know what they're searching for.

It would be hilarious if Madden planned his sudden "perhaps I'm dating Brandon, perhaps not. Let the magazines and people speculate about it to give me more exposure" PR blitz to have a chance at the Marvel role. But it is just now revealed that they're actually looking for an Asian guy, and noone knew about that before.

I was always of the opinion that those pap photos were clearly staged. Richard and Brandon called those paps and wanted to have people speculate about them. The reveal was carefully planned and just in time for Madden's Rocketman promo, in time for his Emmy Awards campaign and in time for the reveal of his Times cover (his publicist deserves a big raise. First the GG campaign for an ok but clearly not great acting performance and now this cover, although he hasn't really done anything that would make him deserving of a place on that list). And he got 100k new instagram followers from it after just two days. So it clearly gave him a lot of exposure.

I actually think he also thought he'd have a chance at the Marvel role. If he had gotten the role he would have come out as bisexual, gender fluid etc. (no matter if true or not). But if he doesn't get the role he can still say "we're only friends. Nothing happened". He likely won't confirm anything concrete.

by Anonymousreply 324April 18, 2019 1:10 AM

Definitely, R323! He is adorable in general and in glasses!

I just saw that he is following Andrew Hawley. He really is pretty much following everyone in Richard's circle.

by Anonymousreply 325April 18, 2019 1:11 AM

R324 that's a lot of conjecture...I don't think that marvel role was ever anything to to with him though. I think he could be planning on coming out or having a public appearance with Brandon and doesn't want it to appear out of nowhere. gay twitter and Instagram picked up on r&b in an unprecedented way that couldn't have been planned...but that doesn't mean the pap shots weren't completely random.

by Anonymousreply 326April 18, 2019 1:18 AM

he has done so many cover and photoshoots so early for an Emmy campaign which makes me think he will be busy around voting

by Anonymousreply 327April 18, 2019 1:20 AM

R324 Talk about a reach.

by Anonymousreply 328April 18, 2019 1:30 AM

R326 No matter if he really tried to get the Marvel role or not I think most of us can agree that the pap shots were planned. And they were also very well timed. Just when Madden started campaigning and his covers and photoshoots came out. This is not a coincidence.

He and Brandon definitely didn't need those pap pics if he just wanted to come out. For that he could just attend an event with Brandon looking couply, an interviewer would ask, he could confirm that they're a couple. Or they could just post a couple photo on instagram. But with those pap pics he got buzz, people are speculating and talking about him, everyone is paying more attention to his interviews and magazine articles looking if he'll say something...

R328 It's not a reach that the paps were called by them and that it was carefully timed. Brandon and Richard aren't so famous that paps would follow them to take photos on a random street. Paps don't even follow A-listers like that.

by Anonymousreply 329April 18, 2019 1:37 AM

Ok I've never paid attention to Brandon because I don't watch 13RW and who cares about Sam Smith, but holy shit @ R321 he is fucking adorable.

by Anonymousreply 330April 18, 2019 1:37 AM

Richard is never going ~come out~ because he never talks about his personal life period. Everyone wants a label or statement, but you'll never get one. At most he'll say there are pictures like he did with Ellie.

by Anonymousreply 331April 18, 2019 1:39 AM

R324 "First the GG campaign for an ok but clearly not great acting performance ..."

I disagree. I thought he did an outstanding job with Bodyguard. In fact, that's what made me a fan. I liked Richard in Game of Thrones and I saw him in that terrible movie with Idris Elba and that other terrible movie where he played a DJ. But it wasn't until Bodyguard came out that I realized he had a lot of range and the ability to play many subtle emotions.

by Anonymousreply 332April 18, 2019 1:41 AM

R330 If you ever get the urge to watch 13RW, I think you'll really enjoy Brandon's performance as Justin. He had a few scenes -- in particular the ones with his crack whore mother and her drug-dealing boyfriend -- that nearly brought me to tears.

by Anonymousreply 333April 18, 2019 1:44 AM

R321 Awwww he used to be a chubby kid growing up too. That's another thing they have in common.

by Anonymousreply 334April 18, 2019 1:58 AM

its intresting that Brandon is following most of Richard's circle of friends now. I think he's startin to dressed like him and he likes the same things Richard likes ....does he even hang with his costars anymore? it seems he gives 100% to a relationship was he like this with Sam?

by Anonymousreply 335April 18, 2019 2:01 AM

[quote] I thought he did an outstanding job with Bodyguard.

I disagree with that. But opinions are subjective. I thought he did a good job in Bodyguard but there was nothing award-worthy in his performance. His acting wasn't bad by any means but it wasn't anything special either. And it certainly wasn't special enough to win a Golden Globe against many much more deserving actors. But Bodyguard was a splashy drama that got many viewers in the UK just from its subject matter alone. And then Netflix jumped on the train and sent him to do a big promo tour in the US. No wonder that GG voters nominated him. After all the GGs are known for often giving awards to actors who are "in" and hyped at the moment instead of giving awards to the actors with the best acting performance.

by Anonymousreply 336April 18, 2019 2:05 AM

R335 He gave 100% to the relationship with Sam too. Traveling around with him. He is such a sweet bf.

by Anonymousreply 337April 18, 2019 2:06 AM

i think it was planned but not the way they thought it would be. Richard's PR prob wanted to create buzz with the weed cigrarettes and if you notice it was what the Daily Mail pointed out more. Celebs do have deals and take pics with their products .

by Anonymousreply 338April 18, 2019 2:10 AM

He most certainly is, R330. I was already curious about him before and followed his vague flirt with Aron Piper that others have mentioned, but never made the effort to watch any interview etc... till now and I am glad I have, regardless of how this Richard situation evolves. Brandon is worth paying attention to in his own right and I am happy to have made that "discovery".

Yes, I noticed that too, R334! It links him to both Richard and Sam...

R335, I would love to know that too...does he completely immerse himself in the guy he's dating and everything related to him or is this unique to Richard. It would be interesting to find out more...and it seems R337 answered while I was writing this...he definitely sounds like a sweet bf.

by Anonymousreply 339April 18, 2019 2:10 AM

Brandon also follows British actor Freddie Highmore.

by Anonymousreply 340April 18, 2019 2:22 AM

Brandon has a strong UK gaydar.

by Anonymousreply 341April 18, 2019 3:24 AM

Brandon seems like a known quantity, open and engaging. Madden, like all Geminis, is subject to change every other minute.

The article linked @R298 suggests RM was playing up his gray hair streak to be campy. Was he prematurely gray?

by Anonymousreply 342April 18, 2019 3:49 AM

Ok, is this happening to anyone else? My “Articles for You” on my Google homepage are flooded with links about RM, everyday for the last week, two at the top right now! Does Google know I’m reading this on DL and hooking me up, or is there really a RM zeitgeist going on at the moment?

by Anonymousreply 343April 18, 2019 4:17 AM

Big Brother (Google) is always watching

by Anonymousreply 344April 18, 2019 4:18 AM

RE IG following: Brandon is IG following huge number of accounts (~2800). I think he is very quick to click Follow on anyone who comes his way one way or another. I wouldn't take too significantly that he recently followed few people (stylists, photographers, other actors) who worked with RM. 2800 accounts is a lot of often random people. I don't know how many he actually actively follows in terms of reading/commenting/liking. But it proves he clicks Follow easily. Don't read too much into it.

Richard follows ten times less IG accounts (~280) and still far less are the ones Brandon also follows. Some of them they may have started following independently to whatever their recent relationship is. I can share with you the common list next time. They both follow their ex, Richard also still SS. My point: who they both follow or "follow" doesn't help answer the question about what sort of relationship they have.

Before someone starts screaming whatever to me: yes, I have read all the threads, know all the facts. Despite I would love them to be boyfriends, my logic says I don't know that yet, all the "evidence" is circumstantial. Yet. If Brandon is really his boyfriend, Richard should behave just like he did with his last girlfriend: hold hands occasionally in public.

by Anonymousreply 345April 18, 2019 7:03 AM

R345 wants a sex tape and keeps reaching and making excuses.

All the kissing, holding hands, etc......etc............didn't make HiddleSwift real......

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 346April 18, 2019 7:52 AM

R346 you mean holding hands wouldn't make R & B real?

by Anonymousreply 347April 18, 2019 8:05 AM

HiddleSwift was a SummerFling. It wasn't meant to be! (the negative chemistry didn't help; they looked like two 4-year-olds forced by their moms to hold each other's hand after fighting in the sandbox.)

by Anonymousreply 348April 18, 2019 8:13 AM

R345 From the first thread

I'm bored and stuck in the house, so here's a timeline, for those who don't want to read the whole damn thread:

Richard and Brandon have known each other since at least November 2018 because that's when photos of them surfaced from a party. (R was still dating his girlfriend at the time, though.) I think I read somewhere (maybe here) that they started following each other on Instagram in October.

Sometime around New Year's, Richard and his gf Ellie Bamber break up. At a few social occasions after that, Richard and Brandon appear together. Then in March, a photo surfaces of Richard walking Brandon's dog in LA. And shortly thereafter, an article pops up that says Richard is "crashing" with his "pal" Brandon in LA while Richard looks for work in Hollywood. Except Richard is apparently not looking for work in Hollywood, because he's landed a movie gig in London.

Richard flies back to London to start production on a new movie he's in with Colin Firth and Bumblesnort Cabbagepatch. But on Saturday night, a photo surfaces of him and Brandon sitting together at a play in London, so apparently Brandon has traveled to London with Richard. And now, just a few days later, they're both back in LA, walking down the street with their arms around each other.

A DL poster claims to have seen the two of them together at a restaurant recently, acting all cozy and intimate. DL poster says he assumed they were just another gay couple, but then he recognized Richard.

One of Brandon's friends posted a pic of Brandon and Richard together (not romantic, just hanging out) and commented that Brandon was lucky. Brandon replied back "blessed."

Brandon has a Spotify play list of love songs titled "Richard."

Sometime in February, Brandon's ex, Sam Smith, unfollowed Richard on Instagram. (lololol) And speaking of Instagram, Brandon follows Richard's dad on Instagram, and Richard's dad follows Brandon -- which is notable in that his dad only follows a handful of people, mostly family and close friends.

In the Vogue interview that just came out a week or so ago, Richard is asked point-blank if he's ever questioned his sexuality, and he flatly refuses to answer the question.

Did I miss anything?

by Anonymousreply 349April 18, 2019 8:37 AM

R335 To be fair, we can't really know who Brandon's spending time with. We haven't actually seen him since the paparazzi photos came out- he could be seeing different friends every day! But as for hanging with his co-stars, the one he's closest to is Alisha Boe, and she's not even in Los Angeles at the moment. Dylan Minette is another one he's close to, but he's been spending all his time with his band and his girlfriend. They all seem like a really nice bunch who are genuinely friends, but they're not living in each other's pockets either.

R342 Nah, the grey streak is definitely natural. He dyes it when he needs to for roles and work stuff (I think I remember reading something years ago about Disney wanting him to dye it for Cinderella promo) but otherwise I think he just leaves it alone.

by Anonymousreply 350April 18, 2019 9:55 AM

[quote]In the Vogue interview that just came out a week or so ago, Richard is asked point-blank if he's ever questioned his sexuality, and he flatly refuses to answer the question.

Refusing to answer means he's not straight. Why would a straight guy have any reason to be mysterious about being heterosexual?

by Anonymousreply 351April 18, 2019 10:15 AM

R351 It could mean that he's not straight. But it could also mean that he just likes the speculation from people and press because her certainly gets a lot of attention for that topic at the moment. And he also plays a gay character in Rocketman. He might just want to leave it ambiguous so that people don't complain again about straight actors playing gay characters.

He could be gay or bi. I'm not denying that. But I'm just saying that there could be multiple reasons for his evasive answers about the topic in interviews at the moment.

by Anonymousreply 352April 18, 2019 10:19 AM

Even if Richard is going to bring Brandon to the premiere and make out on the red carpet people will say "Oh but it's for publicity, he's playing a gay man and he's jocking with his pal". Even with a sex tape "Oh but he's rehearsing a sex scene for a movie, Brandon is helping him with the gay sex" Richard as soon as he met him dumped his gf, they are inseparable since December, in February Richard gave him the necklace and started to live with him, this is not a publicity stunt and they are not friends! Brandon is going to go with him to London.

by Anonymousreply 353April 18, 2019 11:33 AM

Any new BRICHARD sightings?

I think Madden is actually a ginger and colours all visible hair. He has the freckles and vivid blue eyes of a redhead. Might be hiding a fire crotch.

by Anonymousreply 354April 18, 2019 11:41 AM

Anyone who wants to see Douglas Booth's ass should watch him in the new Motley Crue biopic, The Dirt. It's on Netflix or Amazon, can't remember which one. Booth plays Nikki Sixx.

by Anonymousreply 355April 18, 2019 11:44 AM

Frau alert at R353.

by Anonymousreply 356April 18, 2019 11:45 AM

Perplexing

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 357April 18, 2019 11:54 AM

'So much white-nighting for Hollywood actors...'

Oh, dear.

by Anonymousreply 358April 18, 2019 11:58 AM

The same batshit frau who ships Charmie and thinks Shawn Mendes is gay is posting here non stop. Illiterate and obsessed with beards.

by Anonymousreply 359April 18, 2019 11:59 AM

'Richard gave him a necklace...' Did he fuck. You sound like a spazzy little girl.

Madden came to LA for work, as do many actors. We have no evidence that he's even living with Brandon. He will have plenty of friends who don't want to be posted on IG. Scottish men generally despise social media.

Brichard is not real, frau.

by Anonymousreply 360April 18, 2019 12:04 PM

What's with killjoy cunts who come to a gossip and speculation thread to piss all over gossip and speculation?

by Anonymousreply 361April 18, 2019 12:06 PM

R349, the account with the Richard playlist was set up by a fangirl. It's fake, Fuglicia.

by Anonymousreply 362April 18, 2019 12:07 PM

R361 gossip is one thing, pathetic fangurling the other.

by Anonymousreply 363April 18, 2019 12:12 PM

R360 why would he be walking Brandon's dog all the time if they don't live together? face the facts

by Anonymousreply 364April 18, 2019 12:14 PM

R360 I understand not believing they are fucking but why are you denying them rooming together? makes you look dumb at this point

by Anonymousreply 365April 18, 2019 12:15 PM

R361 is all over the Charmie thread too, screaming about Armie Hammer and Chalamet being in a relationship. Hysterical frau.

by Anonymousreply 366April 18, 2019 12:17 PM

r362 it was made from his actual account which he's been using for a long time, there are screenshots of it when it was still called 'Richard' back in Feb

by Anonymousreply 367April 18, 2019 12:17 PM

R365, one guy meeting up with a friend and his dog does not mean automatically mean that they are co-habiting! Madden is well paid and can afford to rent his own place, like most 32 year olds.

by Anonymousreply 368April 18, 2019 12:20 PM

R368 but Richard walks the dog without Brandon, that is what I'm referring to...there is more than one photo of this

by Anonymousreply 369April 18, 2019 12:22 PM

R354 he is a ginger but his hair isn’t bright red — more of a light reddish brown. You can tell that’s his natural color because his chest hair is reddish, too.

by Anonymousreply 370April 18, 2019 12:24 PM

I'm tired of repeating the same thing, you are a troll and I don't care what you believe, but if you think I'm a frau and they are friends I don't understand what are you doing here posting about them and tried to convince us that we are crazy, I think you are one of Richard's fan that believes that he's straight, they are fucking and Richard likes dick get over it!

by Anonymousreply 371April 18, 2019 12:28 PM

Anyone who's still insisting they're not romantically involved is either a troll or hopelessly naive.

by Anonymousreply 372April 18, 2019 12:43 PM

Just block the troll(s) and watch a third of the thread disappear. They post here obsessively.

by Anonymousreply 373April 18, 2019 12:45 PM

R372 They’re homophobic trolls.

by Anonymousreply 374April 18, 2019 12:50 PM

R373 Literally what I did. I blocked the fangirl claiming Richard is straight and several posts disappeared. Good riddance.

by Anonymousreply 375April 18, 2019 1:12 PM

BTW, it's funny that the obvious "Richard is straight!" fangirl likes to claim everyone else is a fangirl when she's clearly one herself. Pot, meet kettle.

by Anonymousreply 376April 18, 2019 1:13 PM

I wish he was gay just so he can fuck up the trolls. Like not bi, GAY.

by Anonymousreply 377April 18, 2019 1:17 PM

R376, I'm not a fan of his. I merely detest Tumblr fraus like you who assign a sexuality to a guy you've never met. It's ugly. Your posting history shows that you post obsessively on the Charmie and Shawn threads too.

by Anonymousreply 378April 18, 2019 1:18 PM

So true

by Anonymousreply 379April 18, 2019 1:23 PM

[quote]Re: why Richard and Brandon all of a sudden started to like each other's posts. I think it's because the cat's out of the bag. Everyone knows about them now, there's no reason to keep it a secret anymore. Besides, they might have planned the pap stunt because they wanted to be more open. It makes sense that they're also more open on Instagram.

I bet his PR are spooked and weighing down hard on him (like they’ve done with so many before who ended up fizzling, amounting to nothing and trapped in a lie) how coming out would be bad for his career. Expect Madden to explain it away during promotion and expect the fraus here to take it at face value as the final truth because it came from his own mouth and he would never deliberately lie or mislead.

The truth as we know it now, is Richard Madden, who’s previously publicly only dated women, is currently dating Brandon and the gossip media don’t know how to handle it because it is typically something potential leading men are supposed to hide. Don’t ever forget it even when the PR overlords prevail and he’s forced to walk it all back.

by Anonymousreply 380April 18, 2019 1:34 PM

R378 why are you on those so called charmie threads? You must be a fangirl yourself

by Anonymousreply 381April 18, 2019 1:37 PM

R380 I would be surprised if he ever addressed it one way or another. Richard is famous for “no comment” when it comes to his personal life.

by Anonymousreply 382April 18, 2019 1:46 PM

R380 PREACH!

by Anonymousreply 383April 18, 2019 1:51 PM

R382 He doesn't have to say anything, actions speak louder than words. Holding Brandon's hand would send a clear message. All I want is for him to act the same as if he was dating a woman.

by Anonymousreply 384April 18, 2019 1:53 PM

R382 Agreed.

by Anonymousreply 385April 18, 2019 1:55 PM

I wonder if they are being careful not to be seen or if they just haven't been spotted out together since those pictures.

R384 Seeing them holding hands would be really nice.

by Anonymousreply 386April 18, 2019 1:55 PM

They only got "spotted" in the first place because they called the paps. They don't need to be careful not to be seen because paps don't follow them around normally. As long as they don't call the paps and don't visit the few known pap spots in LA together we most likely won't get any photos.

by Anonymousreply 387April 18, 2019 2:05 PM

R384 I would not count on that. Richard could certainly keep using the “I don’t discuss my personal life” line when directly asked about Brandon or reporters will be told by PR not to ask about his personal life. Don’t get your hopes up on him confirming anything. It would be nice if he could and would—but being positioned to possibly break through as an A list leading man—he is going to be advised not to. It sucks and it’s a sad reality.

by Anonymousreply 388April 18, 2019 2:11 PM

Didn’t the article that wrote about them living together say Richard didn’t like LA at first or was disinterested but fell in love lately and that turned out to be true when he talked about it in his interview

by Anonymousreply 389April 18, 2019 2:12 PM

[quote]why are you on those so called charmie threads? You must be a fangirl yourself

[quote]They’re homophobic trolls

Yep, they are. R359/R360/R362/R366/R368/R378...-....is the infamous homophobic SpazPurvMuso troll who has been trying for years, to close and derail threads about certain gay actors, here in DL. This troll doesn't like the gay discussions -in a gay board, lol- and is always causing troubles. You only have to click 'ignore' and it will show the troll post story -although the troll is using different IPs- the wording is always the same . It's obsessed with Prancing Ponies, Larries, Charmies, Shawn Mendes, Sam Heughan................ and now, with Richard and Brandon. This homophobic troll hates the idea of them being gay and thinks that bearding and beards don't exist in Hollywood world.

Report and F&F their posts and threads. This homophobic troll shouldn't be allowed to post in a gay board like DL.

Here's troll's new thread.-

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 390April 18, 2019 2:17 PM

Also, Richard’s relationship with Brandon could very easily run its course and if the next person he dates is a woman, expect it to be on full blast and Brandon to be erased.

by Anonymousreply 391April 18, 2019 2:32 PM

R389 it said he fell in love with LA, not just fell in love.

by Anonymousreply 392April 18, 2019 2:37 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 393April 18, 2019 2:57 PM

[quote] I want to be in a solid place where I can keep trying to get better at what I'm doing.'

You gotta admire a man who wants to improve his cocksucking skills.

by Anonymousreply 394April 18, 2019 3:00 PM

[392] yeah I was talking about the city

by Anonymousreply 395April 18, 2019 3:22 PM

R394 wins the thread. *confetti*

by Anonymousreply 396April 18, 2019 5:09 PM

Brandon can tell us of the progress of his boyfriend's skills!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 397April 18, 2019 6:05 PM

New picture of Richard

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 398April 18, 2019 6:07 PM

Some dates and location information about 1917 filming but still don't know how big Richard's role is or how much he will be on set

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 399April 18, 2019 7:14 PM

People keep saying he doesn't have to confirm anything because he didn't talk about his private life in the past, which is true but he went with his girlfriends to premieres and parties so he will confirm if he does the same with Brandon

by Anonymousreply 400April 18, 2019 9:05 PM

R400 we don't know how long he waits to go public public with relationships though, two isn't really enough to establish a pattern and this situation is certainly very different, if he's going public he could bring Brandon to Cannes (I think Richard is going because he retweeted something about it) but I doubt it, maybe the american premiere?

by Anonymousreply 401April 18, 2019 9:40 PM

I think is going to bring him with him! They seem serious and I think that Richard doesn't want to hide his relationship with him and Brandon is not the type to stay in the closet, he's a very supportive boyfriend, I think he wants to support his man publicly.

by Anonymousreply 402April 18, 2019 10:22 PM

R402 maybe we will see Brandon at Cannes, lots of celebrities flock there for the vip parties during the festival anyway.

by Anonymousreply 403April 18, 2019 10:32 PM

These are IG accounts that both R and B have in Follow lists. Make of that what you will.

alishaboe animalsdoingthings Armani asia_chow barbaraguillaume belpowley Brandon Flynn britishgq caradelevingne charley.mcewen Chris criticschoice damon_baker davidfurnish dexfletch dickmadden dominiccoop douglasbooth drgotts drunkpeopledoingthings duncmil ellenvonunwerth eltonjohn ferragamo finndenh finnjones florence frame fuckjerry.tv gemma_chan gillianjacobs h_a_w_l_e_y iamlenaheadey isaachwright jaguarusa jasperconran jeremylangmead johnbradleywest johntiffany justinrcampbell karengillanofficial katemorr15 kevmanrios Lena Headey lilyjamesofficial Luke Day maisie_williams margaretqualley michael mrporterlive mrsamclaflin narrativepr natgeo ollyyears orlebarbrown pascalispunk paulandrewprivate Pedro Pascal pyrrhajewelry richard.e.grant ritaora rocketmanmovie russelltovey SAINT LAURENT samsmith sharonstone simondct stylegazer1 taron.egerton teovandenbroeke thefatjewish thereallukeevans TIME tomdaley vanessa__kirby westerpants ysl

by Anonymousreply 404April 18, 2019 10:38 PM

Old pic

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 405April 18, 2019 10:41 PM

Old pic 2

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 406April 18, 2019 10:42 PM

Richard is so dashing. I’m so jealous of Brandon and his hole.

by Anonymousreply 407April 18, 2019 10:46 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 408April 18, 2019 11:13 PM

R408, one more like from Brandon ;)

R400, that would happen in a perfect world where Hollywood and public weren't homophobic anymore. You can't compare the two situations. Just look at the homophobic posts in this thread.

by Anonymousreply 409April 18, 2019 11:51 PM

R390 is the paranoid, misogynist, homophobic, 63 year old Sam frau who thinks all actors and musicians she finds attractive are GAY AND BEARDING. Dare to disagree and she screams that you are a SHILL who is being paid to post.

She is the OP of the horrendous Sam Heughan is Gay, Let's Out Him threads. F and F this nightmare frau.

by Anonymousreply 410April 19, 2019 5:37 AM

Brandon doesn't have chicklet perfect teeth, so that's nice.

by Anonymousreply 411April 19, 2019 6:15 AM

R404 - you're a creepy stalker.

by Anonymousreply 412April 19, 2019 6:41 AM

R412 It is just few clicks and copy&paste work, could not be easier. It's to offer something to speculate about here in dry season. Better than the catfight.

by Anonymousreply 413April 19, 2019 6:54 AM

R410 is the infamous homophobic and misogynistic PurvMuso troll. Everybody can trolldar R410, and see that what I've said about it in R390 is true.

The ultimate proof is that this troll have just started a new thread -linked in R390- where they're asking people to close these threads because the actors that he/she finds attractive are -god forgive- GAY and that's something that this homophobic troll just can't stand stand. so the troll has started a cruzade against the GAY talk about these GAY actors in a GAY board like DL.....LOL

Those of us who have been disagreeing with this troll, are now the victims of their constant insults and bullying. 'Demented 'illiterate fraus'.........this troll even wishes that we are dead in the Sam Heughan threads.

R410 is the real homophobic and misogynistic deranged troll in DL and now she/he is also attacking these Richard/brandon threads, the Charmies, the Shawn Mendes threads.....etc..........REPORT AND F&F THEIR POSTS so their posts can be greyed out and even removed.

We've been suffering this trolling in the Sam Heughan threads since years ago.-

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 414April 19, 2019 6:58 AM

La Hu Man EEE Tay

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 415April 19, 2019 7:08 AM

R408, One more like from Brandon for Richard's new pic..;)

R400, that would happen in a perfect world, where Hollywood and public weren't homophobic anymore.You can't compare the two situations.

Just look at CERTAIN homophobic posters in this thread who are trying to close the GAY discussion about these GAY actors in a GAY board like DL.

by Anonymousreply 416April 19, 2019 7:49 AM

Hey, DL is a gossip board. Let's ban gossip 'cos it's annoying!!!!! Fantastic idea

For future reference any future post about a given individual can only concern those that everyone on DL has heard of (because if some 60 year old hasn't heard of Shawn Mendes then surely he must be irrelevant) and will require named witnesses and sources. Speculation is forbidden because speculation does not involve clear evidence and may even lead to inferences that those involved might be gay which is obviously impossible because no-one in TV or film is gay, has lied about being gay, or has hidden being gay.

by Anonymousreply 417April 19, 2019 8:47 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 418April 19, 2019 9:45 AM

Finally new photos

by Anonymousreply 419April 19, 2019 9:53 AM

R418 Richard really doesn't look happy, what do we think the pap situation is here?

by Anonymousreply 420April 19, 2019 9:55 AM

He shaved...Hmmm prefer him with a bit of beard

by Anonymousreply 421April 19, 2019 10:00 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 422April 19, 2019 10:00 AM

People were convinced they called the paps. I never believed it.

by Anonymousreply 423April 19, 2019 10:02 AM

R422 what about it?

by Anonymousreply 424April 19, 2019 10:03 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 425April 19, 2019 10:06 AM

Yeah, there's no way in hell they called the paps. They both look miserable.

by Anonymousreply 426April 19, 2019 10:07 AM

R424 Brandon liked the photo of Richard's former GOT co-star Isaac Hempstead Wright.

by Anonymousreply 427April 19, 2019 10:13 AM

do we think someone is trying to out him by making him out himself? Dailymail can't say "he's gay!" But they are doing their best to imply it to the point he might want to state he's bi so as not to publicly embarrass his ex girlfriends

by Anonymousreply 428April 19, 2019 10:15 AM

R427 Brandon likes got related posts often

by Anonymousreply 429April 19, 2019 10:16 AM

R428 Oh, the DM are absolutely trying to out him. They can't come right out and SAY it, but they're dancing around it as much as possible with the pictures and the hints.

Actually, I've been thinking, what DOES happen if they get their hands on a photo of them kissing but Richard still isn't out? Can they run it? Would they? That WOULD be outing him beyond a doubt. I don't know how it works for the media in a situation like that. I know there are probably ethical guidelines and stuff, but are there actual rules?

by Anonymousreply 430April 19, 2019 10:18 AM

Im happy there are new pics but i feel so bad for Brandon, you can tell Richard is not ready to come out and he is in the closet. Notice when they saw the paps they went feets apart from each other. It must be humiliating for Brandon as he was in an open relationship with Sam.

by Anonymousreply 431April 19, 2019 10:18 AM

R431 they seem to be open with friends and family though which is a start and I don't think Richard will be closeted for long if this continues

by Anonymousreply 432April 19, 2019 10:22 AM

The Daily Mail comments are fucking gold.

[Quote]"Roommate". Hmm sure. They are clearly sharing more than just a room.

[Quote]His room mate is clearly something more and the DM knows is, but is trying to provoke a reaction from him.

[Quote]Lol so subtle DM .......bout as subtle as captain obvious ....

[Quote]Room mate?! Yeah. Right.

[Quote]Roommate lol

by Anonymousreply 433April 19, 2019 10:23 AM

R431 I agree. I feel bad for Brandon too. Richard cares more about his career than being out and proud. Brandon wants a public relationship. This won't end well.

by Anonymousreply 434April 19, 2019 10:26 AM

Richard is clearly annoyed I hope they dont break up soon because of this.

by Anonymousreply 435April 19, 2019 10:27 AM

r435 more than break up...move away. I wonder how permanent Richard's LA stay will be

by Anonymousreply 436April 19, 2019 10:29 AM

R432 People already know. He might as well come out as "queer" or "bi" or even the dreaded "sexually fluid." If he comes out as bi the most delusional fangirls will still believe they have a chance with him. As long as he is attainable to the fangirls, everything will be ok. He might lose 1 % of the fangirls, but if they were homophobic to start with they aren't worth keeping anyway.

by Anonymousreply 437April 19, 2019 10:31 AM

R431 Brandon's not an idiot. Whatever is going on with them has been going on for months quietly and seemingly happily. I doubt Richard made any false promises here- this is arguably the biggest year of his career so far, with the Golden Globe win, TWO big Hollywood movies, and possibly an Emmy nomination. PLUS he is legitimately a private man, he's never been super super public with ANY relationship. I don't think he ever wanted to do some big public coming out (I never thought those paparazzi pictures were some organised coming out) or promised anything like that. Their relationship has seemed to make him and Brandon very happy so far just as it is (or was before the press got involved.)

I do kind of agree that sadly I'm not sure this is gonna end well, looking at their faces in the pictures, but I don't think we should drag Richard through the mud for being ready to come out or anything. That's a personal thing.

by Anonymousreply 438April 19, 2019 10:34 AM

Two broos, chilling on the sidewalk, five feet apart 'cause they're "not gayyyy"

by Anonymousreply 439April 19, 2019 10:40 AM

I read numerous articles that sometimes its the celebrities publicist who tipped the paps without their clients consent. I guessed in this situaion they did this to teach him a public lesson and let him be aware of the consquence if he step out of line and come out. It is Richard who has to decide does he want a career in hollywood as a leading man or does he chose love?

by Anonymousreply 440April 19, 2019 10:42 AM

Also from the comments on the DM new article posted today:

"He will lose work flaunting it like that.... He obviously knows he was never a contender for Bond or he would be living on his own."

Then someone replies:

"Are you living in the dark ages?"

It really makes me sad to believe that an actor coming out, or simply having a relation with another human being, can have a negative impact in his career. I thought those days were over.

I think Richard is humble, genuine and so incredibly hot! I wish him the best and im sure his talent will win over any kind of prejudice.

by Anonymousreply 441April 19, 2019 10:43 AM

Richard can’t put this genie back into the bottle. Did he honestly think it was never gonna come out?

by Anonymousreply 442April 19, 2019 10:44 AM

R440: Sorry, but that doesn't make sense at all. Once you start the gay rumours (and those rumours are based on reality) there's no way they stop.

by Anonymousreply 443April 19, 2019 10:46 AM

[Quote] It is Richard who has to decide does he want a career in hollywood as a leading man or does he chose love?

I think it's time we say it's the 21st century and actors don't have to choose anymore. He can have both. Especially in this case, where Madden is most likely "just bi". He doesn't stand to lose much as long as the delusional fangirls still think they have a chance with him.

by Anonymousreply 444April 19, 2019 10:49 AM

R442 Literally what I've been saying. The cat's out of the bag now so he might as well come out. Like, everyone knows anyway, so what's the point in continuing to keep it a secret?

by Anonymousreply 445April 19, 2019 10:51 AM

Once the British tabloids are willing to pay for Richard/Brandon photos, you can be sure the LA paps will be on the look out for them... No needs for anyone to call them.

by Anonymousreply 446April 19, 2019 10:54 AM

aint no way in fuk that hottie madden gonna lay down with that fug dog flynnn

he done been nastified by sammi smith

by Anonymousreply 447April 19, 2019 10:55 AM

Im now convice more than ever that they are a couple because look at their body language when they spot the paps like they are trying to hide something....friends dont act like this.

by Anonymousreply 448April 19, 2019 10:58 AM

Richard looks like a "dad" or "uncle" next to twinky Brandon in these photos. And Brandon is carrying bags of dog food in some of them... how much does this little dog eat anyway? lol

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 449April 19, 2019 11:07 AM

Also, Richard is bulging bigly in those jeans!

by Anonymousreply 450April 19, 2019 11:09 AM

so domestic and coupley!

by Anonymousreply 451April 19, 2019 11:09 AM

Once they get home, Brandon will have to service that bulge.

by Anonymousreply 452April 19, 2019 11:13 AM

that article says he is tipped to win a bafta...have they not checked the nominations? hahahaha

by Anonymousreply 453April 19, 2019 11:33 AM

R453 It's okay. He already won a Brandon to keep him warm at night.

by Anonymousreply 454April 19, 2019 11:35 AM

but smith touched brandon!!!!!!

ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

by Anonymousreply 455April 19, 2019 11:37 AM

They are a good looking pair. I can see it.

by Anonymousreply 456April 19, 2019 11:38 AM

Who is the troll that keeps trying to act like Brandon is somehow tainted. Please go away.

by Anonymousreply 457April 19, 2019 11:39 AM

odd that Brandon's ex is mentioned multiple times but they don't mention Richard's exes at all even though they post stories about Ellie and Jenna from time to time

by Anonymousreply 458April 19, 2019 11:41 AM

Sam is a bigger star, and Brandon was in a relationship with Sam before there is no such tainted feelings. Pls respect both of them

by Anonymousreply 459April 19, 2019 11:43 AM

Finally new pictures, I think Richard is very private and it's the first time that is "out" with a man, so obviously it's a bit difficult for him, Brandon was papped a lot of time with Sam but he was annoyed too in some of the pictures, they want to keep their private life, but they are hot stuff now. Richard with Charlie, so sweet, they are a very sweet couple!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 460April 19, 2019 11:43 AM

I understand the troll's misgivings,,,just look at mr smith..

by Anonymousreply 461April 19, 2019 11:44 AM

Primal nuggets indeed!

by Anonymousreply 462April 19, 2019 11:47 AM

In response to the comment upthread about whether the media can/would take and post kissing pictures which would out Richard: they did it to chloe grace moretz recently

by Anonymousreply 463April 19, 2019 11:48 AM

Bodyguard Richard

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 464April 19, 2019 11:49 AM

R464 he certainly has his David Budd face on

by Anonymousreply 465April 19, 2019 11:51 AM

Is Richard looking at Brandon's ass?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 466April 19, 2019 11:51 AM

Is that Brandon with him at the NTAs?

by Anonymousreply 467April 19, 2019 11:51 AM

Modeling

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 468April 19, 2019 11:54 AM

R467 no

by Anonymousreply 469April 19, 2019 11:54 AM

R464 That's a common plot in those gay romance novels written by frau.... young twink star gets a hunky bodyguard for whatever reason and before you can say cliche, they are fucking like there's no tomorrow.

by Anonymousreply 470April 19, 2019 11:54 AM

R458: That's very easy to understand, Brandon's ex is way more famous than any of Richard's exes. In fact Sam is way more famous than Brandon and Richard

by Anonymousreply 471April 19, 2019 11:54 AM

R463: If you are kissing on a public place it's fair game

by Anonymousreply 472April 19, 2019 11:56 AM

Big Richard and twink Brandon

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 473April 19, 2019 11:57 AM

I think Brandon is good support for Richard in this situation since he’s always been out and it hasn’t seemed to ruin his life or his pursuits. He also is an actor so they have a shared perspective.

by Anonymousreply 474April 19, 2019 11:57 AM

R471 it's not odd that Sam is mentioned I mean it's odd that Richard's ex isn't especially because that relationship ended recently

by Anonymousreply 475April 19, 2019 11:57 AM

R471 Not to everybody especially Americans... I did not know or care who Sam was until Brandon dated him. Of course, I knew Richard from GoT way before Brandon came along in 13RW.

by Anonymousreply 476April 19, 2019 11:59 AM

R472 the chloe gm photos look like they were taken at night from quite a distance so I think some paps think anything is fair game

by Anonymousreply 477April 19, 2019 11:59 AM

Brandon isn’t that much of a twink and Richard isn’t that masc so stop it with that silly narrative. It’s very frau-harlequin romance book.

by Anonymousreply 478April 19, 2019 12:00 PM

I think they already have the pictures where they are kissing, I hope they will share them with us!

by Anonymousreply 479April 19, 2019 12:00 PM

R474 More than support, Brandon must be giving him good sex! It must be worth all the brouhaha.

by Anonymousreply 480April 19, 2019 12:02 PM

R476: You didn't care, but the truth is Sam sold more than 7 millions of albums in the USA. He is the most famous of the three and the he has a fanbase very wide in terms of age unlike Brandon who is well known between young people but you can't say the same about adults

by Anonymousreply 481April 19, 2019 12:02 PM

R478 he looks even more masc reccently and Brandon is twinky even though they are the same height

by Anonymousreply 482April 19, 2019 12:04 PM

R481 You must be one of his fans. To non fans, he's a tubby nobody.

by Anonymousreply 483April 19, 2019 12:06 PM

Brandon didn't hide the necklace very well this time. Brandon is walking a little funny, Richard must be big!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 484April 19, 2019 12:09 PM

R483: It's not a question of being fan or not fan, it's a fact that he is very successful. Right now he has a song that is 12 on the billboard hot 100 and top 10 on the pop chart.

And you can say exactly the same about everyone. The "I don't know him so he is not famous" is simply absurd

by Anonymousreply 485April 19, 2019 12:10 PM

R485 just ignore the crazies. Sam is very successful and more known than Richard or Brandon. Fact.

by Anonymousreply 486April 19, 2019 12:14 PM

Lol

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 487April 19, 2019 12:14 PM

Invest in some tote bags, Brandon.

by Anonymousreply 488April 19, 2019 12:17 PM

R487 Brandon is the cute squire to the King of the North!

by Anonymousreply 489April 19, 2019 12:20 PM

R487 hopefully soon it will be Richard's hand he'll be holding..

by Anonymousreply 490April 19, 2019 12:22 PM

Charlie and his two daddies! I’m glad Richard seems to be fond of the dog as well.

by Anonymousreply 491April 19, 2019 12:33 PM

^^^ More like the other way around, if the dog doesn’t like the new boyfriend that’s a big red flag!

by Anonymousreply 492April 19, 2019 12:36 PM

wtf with these trolls hating on Brandon. Must be jealous Madden stans.

by Anonymousreply 493April 19, 2019 12:36 PM

Observations about the new pics:

1. YAY! New pics! 2. Jesus, how many blocks did the photographer follow them? 3. Yes, I think RM has gained some weight since Bodyguard but he's still in pretty good shape. He just looks "fatter" next to Brandon bc BF is so slim. 4. I'm sure they're not happy with the paps intrusion, but because RM has resting bitch face, it's hard to tell if he's really pissed off or only mildly annoyed. (I've noticed he always looks pissed off if he's not smiling. I have RBF, too, so I sympathize.) 5. I noticed the bulge right away. That DL poster from another gossip thread way back who claimed to have a FWB relationship with Madden years ago claimed he had a big cock. I have no idea of the authenticity of that poster but I'm choosing to believe that part. ;-) 6. As much as I enjoy seeing photos of them together, I kind of want them to head back to the UK soon so perhaps they can get a little more privacy as a couple. I don't want them breaking up over gossipy bitches like us!

by Anonymousreply 494April 19, 2019 12:36 PM

R494 why would Brandon "head back to the uk" his life and work is in Los Angeles?

by Anonymousreply 495April 19, 2019 12:40 PM

R495 Richard will be filming over there soon so I assume Brandon will visit him there when he's able and not busy with his own work. Also, Brandon mentioned in an Instagram post of one of Richard's friends who lives in Sussex, "Is this my view where I'll be staying?" So it's obvious he's planning on visiting there soon.

by Anonymousreply 496April 19, 2019 12:45 PM

Brandon is going with him, they are inseparable at this point, he left a comment on ig that implied that he's going. I think they are going to be papped at the airport and even in the UK they are going to be followed, Richard better be ready!

by Anonymousreply 497April 19, 2019 12:47 PM

Summer is here so we will likely get some vacation pics wherever they choose to go because paps now are onto them. Richard is super paranoid about paps though so all this must be taking his paranoia to the next level. Tbh, not sure I care though. Happens to all celebs.

by Anonymousreply 498April 19, 2019 12:47 PM

R495 Brandon is not working right now... so he's free to go to the UK to support his "roommate". But what about Charlie?

by Anonymousreply 499April 19, 2019 12:48 PM

R499 he's rumored for the new American horror story season based on 80's slasher films

by Anonymousreply 500April 19, 2019 12:50 PM

R500 Unless he's getting the lead role in AHS, it wouldn't be that much work.

by Anonymousreply 501April 19, 2019 12:53 PM

R501 I don't think Richard has a main role in his upcoming film either

by Anonymousreply 502April 19, 2019 12:55 PM

He leaves Charlie with a friend of his, r499. The friend has appeared on his IG and I’m pretty sure has another dog himself, so Charlie would at least have a buddy.

by Anonymousreply 503April 19, 2019 12:56 PM

omg look at sam smith....

nuff said.

by Anonymousreply 504April 19, 2019 1:12 PM

[quote]People were convinced they called the paps. I never believed it.

Of course they called the paps when they were photographed the first time. Because at that time noone was interested in Madden and his roommate.

This time it could be either way. It could be that they were spotted by paps accidentally because everyone is now very aware that photos with both of them sell very well. But it could also be very likely that they (or their agents) called the paps again. Celebs who call the paps themselves often try to look unbothered or surprised when photos are taken. Of course they wouldn't want it to look too obvious that the pap pics were planned. Everyone has to act like they were caught accidentally. And I don't think Madden looks annoyed like someone here said. He has that face that he often has in pictures.

by Anonymousreply 505April 19, 2019 1:39 PM

R505: Sorry but the "they called the paps" never made sense, you only call the paps when you want to promote something, if you want to come out you want to control the situation and you never control anything if there are paparazzi involved.

And coming out is not a career killer anymore, but for sure it's not something that bust your career either, specially if that career is going perfectly ok without any publicity.

They are in LA, there are paps everywhere, and not all pap pics are staged, sometimes they caught people. And it doesn't matter if they are A list or not, if they are famoust they took the pics, you never know when those pics can be useful to you

by Anonymousreply 506April 19, 2019 1:45 PM

I wish them the best, and hope they share with us the honeymoon pix of madden fuking the shit out of flynns ho asshole

by Anonymousreply 507April 19, 2019 1:49 PM

I tend to agree with you R506 but still would like to know: why do you think he or they would call the paparazi for themselves R505 ?

by Anonymousreply 508April 19, 2019 1:50 PM

Sam waking up to these pics...OUCH

by Anonymousreply 509April 19, 2019 1:51 PM

do you fellows post anything, just anything, words, to be able to continue to keep posting 24/7, 7 days a week, for months about these two guys?

by Anonymousreply 510April 19, 2019 1:52 PM

R506 Right. I don’t believe they called the paps. I don’t follow Brandon closely, but I know Richard had plenty of publicity lined up before those photos surfaced. He doesn’t need any help.

The fact that he gained 100,000 new Instagram followers is a nice side effect, but I don’t for one second believe he thought, “Hey, let’s plan a pap shoot so I can pretend like you’re outing me and it’ll gain me a bunch of new followers on Instagram!” He was already getting plenty of press before those photos surfaced.

by Anonymousreply 511April 19, 2019 1:54 PM

Usually, PR can decide if they want those pictures to be out or not, first, we have the article of Richard rooming with Brandon, then the first set of pictures that created buzz, the one with the pizza and this new one...They sure are enjoying this publicity.

by Anonymousreply 512April 19, 2019 1:55 PM

R512, the PR agencies are powerless to stop pictures being released. What is the matter with you?

by Anonymousreply 513April 19, 2019 1:57 PM

R512 they are okay with this publicity at least. Otherwise they wouldn’t repeat the same situation over and over. Brandon can go buy food for Charlie alone but they keep going together knowing the end result.

by Anonymousreply 514April 19, 2019 1:57 PM

I randomly blocked 3 posters and over 200 posts disappeared. What is the diagnosis?

by Anonymousreply 515April 19, 2019 2:00 PM

R506 They are in LA, there are paps everywhere

Sorry but there aren't paps everywhere in LA. They're at the airport and at a few specific spots like famous restaurants or clubs for example. But paps aren't just walking or driving around LA in search of celebrities. That wouldn't make sense for them. Because the possibility to run into a celebrity randomly isn't very big.

90% of all pap pics are staged. That's why you see so many C- or D- list actors getting papped on random streets and A-listers who don't want to be papped don't get papped on random streets. There's no way that a pap was randomly at the street where Brandon and Richard where papped for the first time.

[quote]you only call the paps when you want to promote something,

You call the paps when you want to sell something. Meaning you either need promo for your projects or you don't have projects but you want to stay relevant or you want to sell a certain narrative. Those photos for sure gave Madden a lot of PR. People and magazines are talking about him everywhere. He had interviews and magazine covers as well. But do you really think people would be this interested in him with only those?

No matter if they called the paps in preparation for him to come out or if they just called the paps because they wanted buzz from people speculating. He benefitted from it and it can't be a coincidence that those photos came out just when he started with his Emmy and Rocketman promo.

by Anonymousreply 516April 19, 2019 2:02 PM

R513 Ask Simon Halls!

by Anonymousreply 517April 19, 2019 2:02 PM

R516 I think it’s a coincidence and this has nothing to do with rocketman. Sometimes the truth is not as complex.

by Anonymousreply 518April 19, 2019 2:03 PM

There is such a fucking annoying little spaz on this thread who is semi literate and keeps calling BF a 'ho' and going on about his hole, whilst also body shaming Sam. Must be someone very young and dumb.

by Anonymousreply 519April 19, 2019 2:04 PM

his agency does not want him to be seen as gay, mr madden.

by Anonymousreply 520April 19, 2019 2:05 PM

R431 is correct. If a romantic relationship is going on here, Brandon is going to be the one hurt. I like Richard and all but these photos (at the surface) look like two guys out taking the dog for a walk and running errands. Madden does not look happy. Brandon took a brave step in coming out so early in his career, why should he waste his time on someone who will not come out of the closet for him. R441, I agree with you, I wish it didn’t matter. The longer this speculation about Flynn and Madden go on, the more I think Brandon oughta tell Madden either be brave, and be honest or get a move on outta my life

by Anonymousreply 521April 19, 2019 2:08 PM

[quote]I randomly blocked 3 posters and over 200 posts disappeared. What is the diagnosis?

You like blocking people?

by Anonymousreply 522April 19, 2019 2:12 PM

R518 It doesn't have to do with Rocketman specifically. It's just that he's getting a lot of exposure with those photos. Exposure is good for award campaigns, good for getting ad campaigns or sponsored deals and most importantly it's good for getting new and high profile roles. It's not a coincidence that after Bodyguard he was immediately offered Rocketman and now this new movie with very high-profile actors. It's all about your celebrity status.

Noone was interested in Brandon and him at the beginning until the first pap photos appeared. And they're clearly ok with being papped again because otherwise they wouldn't walk around so openly again doing mundane things like buying dog food. They're clearly not trying to hide. But even if they confirmed a relationship Madden wouldn't be "tainted" by those speculations. If anything people would think that he's bi because he had girlfriends before. And a bi actor (who already has played a lot of roles as a hunk and looks like a hunk) doesn't have to fear anything concerning roles. And if they don't confirm anything people will forget about it soon and not think about it anymore.

by Anonymousreply 523April 19, 2019 2:14 PM

those who block are weak fuks who should be banned.

READ THE CONSTITUTION BITCH

by Anonymousreply 524April 19, 2019 2:15 PM

I adore madden, I hope he not hurting his career by being with this ho twink..

wise up Richard, it wont last another month, think of ur stunning career mate.

Bond!

by Anonymousreply 525April 19, 2019 2:16 PM

Why is it ok for actresses like Chloe Grace Moretz to kiss her girlfriend in public, but not Richard? Same with Cara Delevingne kissing her girlfriend in public. The double standard is both sad and mind boggling. It's hypocritical for it to be ok for lesbians to show affection in public, but not for gay men.

by Anonymousreply 526April 19, 2019 2:27 PM

please Richard, don't go for chalamet unless ur sure, u have Flynn, seducing tim can only lead to trouble from armie, I beg u, leave them alone in their passion.

by Anonymousreply 527April 19, 2019 2:29 PM

R526, and the list goes on: Miley Cyrus kissing Stella Maxwell, Ruby Rose, Kristen Stewart, Sophie Turner admitting to same sex experiences. None of that effects their career. It’s one of the few area where female stars have an advantage over their make counterparts

by Anonymousreply 528April 19, 2019 2:30 PM

*male, not make

by Anonymousreply 529April 19, 2019 2:31 PM

They are fine, do you think they care about the paps? They are walking all over LA TOGETHER and they don't care if they see them. I mean they are buying dog food. this is not something you do with your roommate or friend, so they are aware people know. We will see if Richard is going to bring Brandon with him to official events

by Anonymousreply 530April 19, 2019 2:31 PM

R526 there are plenty of gay men who kiss in public. Neal Patrick Harris and his husband. I just saw some of Troye kissing Jacob. Brandon and Sam Smith used to kiss in public. The difference between them and Richard is that Richard isn't out.

by Anonymousreply 531April 19, 2019 2:32 PM

R551 You don't get it, Chloe wasn't out when she was caught kissing her girlfriend either. She still did it, unlike Richard.

by Anonymousreply 532April 19, 2019 2:33 PM

theyr secure in theyr mere friendship, if they were fucking u know 4 dam sure they would be hiding out.

madden trying to help Flynn heal from smith givin him the boot. Flynn taking it hard.

by Anonymousreply 533April 19, 2019 2:33 PM

r526 Not only that, but bisexual females or those with same sex experiences (regardless of how they identify) are often seen as MORE desirable than just plain straight females. It’s mostly down to horny straight guys imagining being with 2 women though imo. Girl on girl has been somewhat normalized because of that, just look at how two girls kissing on tv or in movies is always presented as sexy.

by Anonymousreply 534April 19, 2019 2:35 PM

R528 that must be related to the male gaze and how lesbians can be seen as entertainment for an heterosexual male. Shame that homophobia against man is still so deeply internalized in our world.

by Anonymousreply 535April 19, 2019 2:36 PM

Richard did not look happy. Probably took his frustrations out on Brandon when they got home. Brandon’s hole was not ready.

by Anonymousreply 536April 19, 2019 2:40 PM

R533 that is the dumbest thing I have ever heard. Brandon and Sam broke nearly a year ago. You honestly believe he’s still so heartbroken that he’s leaning on his straight friend for comfort?

More like he’s leaning on his “straight” friend to give him a good dicking down.

by Anonymousreply 537April 19, 2019 2:41 PM

Women are braver when it comes to being out tbh. Most men..weak and lack the integrity.

by Anonymousreply 538April 19, 2019 2:43 PM

R537 Please ignore R533. She's a straight fangirl troll. I already blocked her.

by Anonymousreply 539April 19, 2019 2:46 PM

R538 Not really. It's just that it's more accepted for women to be out than men. Lesbians are more accepted in society, it's just how it is. That's also why they outnumber gay men on tv, there's like one gay male character for every 10 lesbian characters. Straight men find lesbians hot. There is less stigma. Women are more accepting of lesbians too. However, gay men are not usually as accepted, that goes for both straight men and women. The shipping culture you see online is a VERY small but vocal minority of women. Most women are actually quite homophobic. Again, mostly they don't like gay men (probably because they see gay men as a "threat"), while they seem to accept lesbians.

by Anonymousreply 540April 19, 2019 2:50 PM

I doubt Madden was ever in contention for the Bond role. That was just his publicist and fans hyping him up because of his role in Bodyguard.

by Anonymousreply 541April 19, 2019 2:58 PM

R540 Closeted gays (especially those who can “pass”) are problematic and there is no defending that level of cowardice when you live in progressive society that has almost no penalty for being out. Like if Richard wasn’t gay and came out, what would he really lose? I mean look at the multitude of out gays leading and succeeding. I mean Tim Cook, most powerful CEO, the prime minister of Ireland, presidential candidates.... time have changed. I repeat it’s cowardice.

by Anonymousreply 542April 19, 2019 2:59 PM

^i meant If Richard was gay...

by Anonymousreply 543April 19, 2019 2:59 PM

If Richard came out he'd most likely come out as bi or gender fluid. Noone would see him as gay. It wouldn't do any harm to his career. He has already played leading man roles where he looked like a Hollywood hunk. That's what people remember about him. He wouldn't have any problems with getting roles like that again and it would be believable for people. And now that he's gotten so much hype he has been offered different roles as well that aren't only based on his hotness or looks. It's ridiculous to think that him coming out as bi would be dangerous for his career. He's not an unknown actor who is trying to get his foot into the door of the acting world.

by Anonymousreply 544April 19, 2019 3:08 PM

saying closeted people are cowardly...someone lives in an online bubble

by Anonymousreply 545April 19, 2019 3:12 PM

R545 In the US, in a place LA and in the UK and having a job and surrounded by friends and family, what is the reason to be closeted? I fully understand around certain parts of the the world and in certain cultural and socialist-economic communities there is real threats to being out. But outside of that, what is this risk?

by Anonymousreply 546April 19, 2019 3:21 PM

Tyler Blackburn finally came out. Now it's Richard's turn.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 547April 19, 2019 3:24 PM

Having issues with my damn phone. I hope this link posts.

by Anonymousreply 548April 19, 2019 4:01 PM

Richard looks fat.

by Anonymousreply 549April 19, 2019 4:14 PM

R549 His cock does.

by Anonymousreply 550April 19, 2019 4:26 PM

There should be a drinking game of how many times the word friends shows up on this article LOL

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 551April 19, 2019 4:27 PM

R549 the Sun says "Showing off his toned gym body"

by Anonymousreply 552April 19, 2019 4:29 PM

Fuck. I laughed out loud when I read “attempts to crack Hollywood,” prompting my stuffy co-worker to ask what’s so funny.

RM is attempting to crack something, all right.

by Anonymousreply 553April 19, 2019 4:32 PM

I just love how domestic this couple is.

It seems the media knows they're possibly lovers but are very careful with their wording. Seems as if every article mentions the fact that they're "roommates" and "pals" and "friends" also implying that Brandon is Sam's ex in an effort to get the reader to assume that something could be there.

I doubt Richard would ever publicly come out but it would not surprise me if we soon get pics of them in a more friendly nature like hand holding or kissing. I don't think Richard is that deeply closeted. If he were he'd be hiding from family and friends and not doing couply stolls.

by Anonymousreply 554April 19, 2019 4:45 PM

Richard isn't denying the rumor, he could post a story goofing around with Brandon or Brandon could post something about his "pal", but they continue to live their life and let people believe what they want so I think Richard is not bothered about the idea that people may think he's with a man.

by Anonymousreply 555April 19, 2019 4:47 PM

Richard looks delicious, y’all just love those twink bodies

by Anonymousreply 556April 19, 2019 4:58 PM

R554 I prefer Daily Mail's "roomates" to The Sun's "friends". Roommates is such a coded word, it's obvious they mean something more when they use it. Not so much for the word friends.

by Anonymousreply 557April 19, 2019 5:01 PM

R540: Sorry but that's not true. Lesbians are not more accepted at all. Lesbians are only accepted when they feel certain straight male fantasy (and most real lesbians don't fit that role at all).

The only space of society where lesbians are more accepted is sports, and the main reason is there are way less money in female sports than in male sports.

When it comes to singers and actors there's a certain pose of lesbian chick. And that burned sometimes, like Jessie J (who suddenly is not bisexual at all) or Nicky Minaj (who never was but thought it was a good idea)

by Anonymousreply 558April 19, 2019 5:01 PM

R558 LOL BYE. Of course lesbians are more accepted.

by Anonymousreply 559April 19, 2019 5:03 PM

R558 attractive lesbians are but not normal looks women

by Anonymousreply 560April 19, 2019 5:05 PM

I truly think gay men and (maybe) bi women are the most accepted.

by Anonymousreply 561April 19, 2019 5:05 PM

*r559

by Anonymousreply 562April 19, 2019 5:06 PM

R542: In which universe?

R542: All the people you are mentioning needing quite some time to come out.

For an actor is quite simple, once you establish yourself as a good actor and non problematic coming out is a minor risk.

by Anonymousreply 563April 19, 2019 5:07 PM

R563 you can count the famous out actors on your hand, it's hardly proven not to affect their careers

by Anonymousreply 564April 19, 2019 5:08 PM

[quote]."He never really used to like Los Angeles, but went there a couple of times at the end of last year and fell in love with the place."

It seems that Richard not only fell in love with the place........

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 565April 19, 2019 5:08 PM

R561 Tell that to Hollywood or the sports world. Tell me again how many out gay athletes exist, or even gay actors? Not many. Compare that to the THOUSANDS of lesbian athletes and actors who are out. Then come back to me with your bullshit claim that gay men are more accepted.

by Anonymousreply 566April 19, 2019 5:10 PM

R566 athletics for women is nothing like acting... I don't know why they are being compared. In real life it is very hard to be a lesbian, I know quite a few who are constantly discriminated against in the same way that gay men are.

by Anonymousreply 567April 19, 2019 5:12 PM

R564: There are a lot of out gay actors living of their work.

For some people if there's no A list it doesn't matter, but it matters. No everyone wants to beard and lie all his life just to be the main actor in a crappy blockbuster

R567: In fact there are a lot more openly gay actors than lesbians. The trend in women is to be bi, queer, fluid and most of those women are dating men

by Anonymousreply 568April 19, 2019 5:14 PM

no need to bring up lesbians at all. We know it is hard for gay men it doesn't need to be compared just because some idiot on here think it's easy to be out.

by Anonymousreply 569April 19, 2019 5:14 PM

Sports are the last resort of homophobic masculinity.

Right now you can be an openly gay singer or actor and having a good career. Coming out it's not the end of your career like it was in the past.

It's funny to watch American idol. I remember when they went in circles and circles to avoid the fact that some contestants (in every season) were gay. That doesn't happen anymore. It's true there still a lot of problems but in the last ten years things improved a lot

by Anonymousreply 570April 19, 2019 5:15 PM

Anyway, going to Brandon and Richard again, i think we'll knew soon how far they are going to be in their relationship, both have things to promote in the following months. I think it's a little too late to be discret. Of course they can simply live their life, and if they are caught, well, it's not a problem anymore

by Anonymousreply 571April 19, 2019 5:17 PM

There are ZERO out gay athletes in ANY of the major sports, NFL, NHL, NBA, MLB, ATP. Lets repeat: ZERO gay athletes who are out. Then compare to the thousands of lesbians who are out in soccer, hockey, handball etc. The list goes on and on and on. Please tell me again that it's soooo much harder to be a lesbian than a gay man and that lesbians are not at all more accepted than gay men!

by Anonymousreply 572April 19, 2019 5:18 PM

R554 and R571 - agree

Richard must know by now that everyone who’s seen those photos have either figured out they’re lovers or are openly speculating about the nature of their relationship. If he were that deeply closeted, I think he’d avoid being seen out with Brandon in very public areas (which, while not a smoking gun, continues to fuel the fires of the rumor mill).

I’m very curious to see if they’ll be attending any promotional events together.

by Anonymousreply 573April 19, 2019 5:28 PM

When did Richard break up with Ellie? January right?

by Anonymousreply 574April 19, 2019 5:30 PM

Or I guess I should say, when did they split since I think her team said she broke up with him lmao.

by Anonymousreply 575April 19, 2019 5:32 PM

R572 stop talking about sports. everyone knows the stereotype that gay women gravitate towards sports as an outlet whereas gay men go towards the arts. it's always stupid argument when you have to put down another section of lgbt, think about how the oppression is from straight people and leave it at that

by Anonymousreply 576April 19, 2019 5:32 PM

Brandon walks very gay, Richard is very masculine next to him. The latter does look pissed

by Anonymousreply 577April 19, 2019 5:34 PM

R575 suspected to be early January as she didn't go to the globes with him. But could have been December as that's the last time they interacted on Instagram

by Anonymousreply 578April 19, 2019 5:34 PM

R577 "Gay" not being considered masculine is still the funniest thing to me

by Anonymousreply 579April 19, 2019 5:35 PM

RIchard and Ellie broke up in Jan, according to the media.

by Anonymousreply 580April 19, 2019 5:36 PM

Interesting. I think maybe broke up before January. I know Brandon went to Scotland for New Years and a few people saw him lol (Richard stans were mad lmao. Granted lots of them don’t like Brandon. They even accused him of stalking Richard when it was reported he was with Richard in London for All About Eve play and then went to dinner with an actress from the play.) Richard doesn’t seem like the type to cheat but who knows tbh. (also I accidentally muted someone who didn’t make a bad comment and I don’t know how to undo that ;;;;)

by Anonymousreply 581April 19, 2019 5:46 PM

I read one article where it said they broke up in December.

R581, go to the ignored users page and click on the x beside their posts :).

by Anonymousreply 582April 19, 2019 5:50 PM

I think they broke up in December. It's often not reported that celebrities break up until months later. When in fact they were done way before the time it's reported which was January.

by Anonymousreply 583April 19, 2019 5:51 PM

[582] thanks!!! :)

by Anonymousreply 584April 19, 2019 5:52 PM

r583 I think so too. I know some salty Richard stans blame Brandon but he can’t make someone break up with someone lmao. Also for them to be convinced Richard isn’t into men but then blame his breakup on a man is funny lol.

by Anonymousreply 585April 19, 2019 5:56 PM

What is a stan?

by Anonymousreply 586April 19, 2019 6:02 PM

r586 internet speak for an intense super fan. Regular young people use it to describe themselves too but I mostly use it in an insulting manner lol. It’s usually not used that way though.

by Anonymousreply 587April 19, 2019 6:07 PM

looking at Instagram the last post Richard liked from Ellie Bamber is in late November (and he likes her posts pretty often) so yeah I also think they broke up in December and the media started asking questions in January because of her absence from award shows

by Anonymousreply 588April 19, 2019 6:12 PM

R587 thanks! I must be old, lol.

by Anonymousreply 589April 19, 2019 6:15 PM

r589 you’re welcome :) now you’ll know what people are talking about when they say a Taylor Swift stan or a Bieber stan lmao.

r588 yah he regularly liked her stuff (even though I don’t think Instagram likes are the end all be all for a relationship but because he regularly liked her stuff and then suddenly stopped makes me think they called it quits around that time)

by Anonymousreply 590April 19, 2019 6:20 PM

You're welcome, R584!

What I find interesting is that even someone like Andrew Hawley, who I doubt has actually met Brandon yet, is following him, as is the case with the previously discussed Jeremy Langmead. It is as if there is an expectation that this will last. It's sweet.

by Anonymousreply 591April 19, 2019 6:27 PM

I’m a romantic at heart. I’m rooting for them.

by Anonymousreply 592April 19, 2019 6:35 PM

R588 poor Ellie. Brandon’s dick sucking skills are unparalleled, she couldn’t compete.

by Anonymousreply 593April 19, 2019 6:42 PM

I'm watching Bodyguard again. I'm so happy Richard plays for our team. He's gorgeous.

by Anonymousreply 594April 19, 2019 6:56 PM

[quote]I’m a romantic at heart. I’m rooting for them.

Me too.

by Anonymousreply 595April 19, 2019 6:56 PM

R592 Me three

by Anonymousreply 596April 19, 2019 7:10 PM

Part 6

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 597April 19, 2019 7:21 PM

R592 Me too.

by Anonymousreply 598April 19, 2019 7:36 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 599April 19, 2019 7:39 PM

Thread closed

by Anonymousreply 600April 19, 2019 7:43 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!