Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

'Archer: 1999' on FXX

Tenth and probably final season.

[quote]This animated comedy spans time and place to navigate Sterling Archer, Lana, Malory, Cheryl/Carol, Cyril, Pam, Ray and Krieger’s misguided misadventures that range from attempting to save the world from nuclear disaster to selling illegal narcotics.

Starts May 29.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20June 6, 2019 9:07 PM

Season 9 thread.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1April 15, 2019 6:30 PM

So, what did you think of the season premiere? I thought it was entertaining enough. Cheryl is a badass pilot now, Ray the ship's courtesan, Krueger an android, Malory a hologram of sorts, and Pam a.... rock? I miss Crackers so much, though.

The animation is just mind-numbingly gorgeous and I hate knowing that this was made in Georgia.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2May 30, 2019 12:03 PM

Archer is the sexually hottest guy on TV. I would so do him. Well, if he were a real person I mean.

by Anonymousreply 3June 3, 2019 6:19 PM

r3 Same, he just does it for me.

by Anonymousreply 4June 3, 2019 6:21 PM

Love this show and love Archer. I'm with you r3 and r4. He's EXACTLY my type. I feel a bit of shame about that.

by Anonymousreply 5June 3, 2019 6:27 PM

Haha I feel like half the audience for the show is gay men. I also am very attracted to Archer despite him being a cartoon.

Which isn't great because he's portrayed as an extreme narcissist. If not a sociopath!

by Anonymousreply 6June 3, 2019 6:29 PM

Verificatia?

by Anonymousreply 7June 3, 2019 6:32 PM

Funnily enough, even knowing that the character is voiced by Chris Parnell doesn't break the illusion for me. Though I only googled him after I was three season into the show. I wonder if the same will happen with Netflix's upcoming gay animated spy comedy Q-Force, with Sean Hayes voicing the male lead. They better make that character sexy af.

by Anonymousreply 8June 3, 2019 6:35 PM

H. Jon Benjamin, not Chris Parnell, sorry!

Parnell is kinda sexy.

by Anonymousreply 9June 3, 2019 6:36 PM

Not yet sold on the "old school" sy fy theme of the season. Will they be able to dazzle us with random trivia like in previous seasons?

by Anonymousreply 10June 3, 2019 6:36 PM

I just watched the episode where Archer was taking a dump in Kurdistan and got bitten on the taint by a cobra. I'm still laughing.

by Anonymousreply 11June 4, 2019 7:07 PM

r11 Ha! I can't believe he actually asked Ray and Cyril to suck the poison out of his taint.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12June 4, 2019 7:14 PM

I'm just so thoroughly entertained by this season, I'm gonna miss the show so much when it's gone.

Archer getting zapped in the dick was great, although the lack of bulge on display was disappointing. Did the prudishness in the Georgian air creep into the animation studio or something? It's the last season - give him a proper COCK, ffs!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13June 6, 2019 7:39 PM

This season is awful. Stop cheerleading for it.

by Anonymousreply 14June 6, 2019 7:48 PM

The last few seasons have been awful. The whole move to private eyes and Archer in a coma has been a disaster from start to finish.

by Anonymousreply 15June 6, 2019 7:55 PM

r14 Care to explain why or is that it and we should all just pack up?

[quote]Stop cheerleading for it.

So I should go with your opinion and not mine because...?

by Anonymousreply 16June 6, 2019 7:55 PM

r15 Agree that most coma seasons have been awful, expect for Danger Island, which I loved precisely because how isolated from the rest of the (bloated) story it was. This one has that same feel and that's exactly why I'm enjoying it so much.

by Anonymousreply 17June 6, 2019 7:57 PM

The AV Club's reviewer seems to agree with me as well. I mean, what's not to love about a gladiator fight and Cheryl taking it SUPER seriously?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18June 6, 2019 8:00 PM

What are the odds of a live action version happening?

by Anonymousreply 19June 6, 2019 8:01 PM

[quote]Verificatia?

Nooooooooope.

by Anonymousreply 20June 6, 2019 9:07 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!