Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Edmonton Gay Pride CANCELLED - Due To Push Back By QTBIPoC (Queer/Trans/Two Spirit/Black/Indigenous/People of Color) Faction

The Edmonton Pride Festival Society (EPFS) says its board of directors has decided to cancel the 2019 parade and party due to the “current political and social environment”, but there has been criticism from other groups about whether or not that’s the real reason.

Meanwhile, the Edmonton Pride Festival and Pride Society of Edmonton has been surrounded in controversy after being accused by other LGBTQ groups of racism and transphobia.

Shades of Colour and Radical Queer Scholar speculate there’s more to the cancellation than meets the eye and are calling EPFS to be honest about its true reasoning.

Shades of Colour is calling the decision appalling.

“We are calling this decision for what it is: namely, a disavowal of deep systematic problems in the framework of EPFS as well as an attempt to dismiss, target, and put out of play the efforts put on the part of Black, Indigenous, and People of Colour in the LGBTQ2S+ to point towards alternatives on how this organization carries out its activities…

We believe this announcement is an attempt to redirect the discontent arising from the cancellation of the Pride Festival onto communities that have done nothing but speak their truth. We will see blanket statements such as “letting the haters win”, but the problem is much more profound than that. In the decisions carried out by the EPFS, no one won, except some lost systematically more deeply than others.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 600June 18, 2019 12:01 AM

We’re in a weird period of transition. I don’t know how it ends. I think white people should get out of leadership roles in theLGBT etc and let the POC take over. See what happens. Why fight? Let those who feel outside inside and see what they can make of it.

by Anonymousreply 1April 11, 2019 3:09 AM

The "G"s are just going to start saying "eff" it. its just not fun anymore with these "queers' ruining everything.

by Anonymousreply 2April 11, 2019 3:09 AM

This is why we can't have nice things

by Anonymousreply 3April 11, 2019 3:11 AM

The wokescolds are at it again

by Anonymousreply 4April 11, 2019 3:12 AM

“I think this is an important turning point in the pride culture we have perpetuated over the years. Pride was founded upon fighting for rights of QTBIPOC,

by Anonymousreply 5April 11, 2019 3:14 AM

Sigh.

by Anonymousreply 6April 11, 2019 3:14 AM

The Gay Community - LGBT - has become so fragmented and beset with infighting that it is imploding. So sad to see us torn apart by radicals.

by Anonymousreply 7April 11, 2019 3:15 AM

QTBIPOC the fuck outta here

by Anonymousreply 8April 11, 2019 3:15 AM

Fucking Canadians can't do anything right.

by Anonymousreply 9April 11, 2019 3:17 AM

R4 your coining is deliciously apt! I want to use that phrase

by Anonymousreply 10April 11, 2019 3:25 AM

Or r1, they can start their own festival and parades instead of appropriating the decades’ worth of work the gay community— you know, gay men and lesbians— have put into these events to make them viable.

So tired of this shit. I don’t remember it being like this in the 90s and 00s. People came out for Pride, black, white, whatever.

by Anonymousreply 11April 11, 2019 3:28 AM

These cunts only know how to complain. They know nothing about creating and building.

by Anonymousreply 12April 11, 2019 3:34 AM

Are they as crazed about Pride as they are about the Stampede? Cuz that shit is boring as hell.

by Anonymousreply 13April 11, 2019 3:34 AM

this new "queer" movement has no end game and it is an insatiable monster of anger and rage

by Anonymousreply 14April 11, 2019 3:35 AM

Why doesn’t Shades of Colour take up the cause and do the work to put on the parade? Make lemonade out of lemons.

by Anonymousreply 15April 11, 2019 3:38 AM

What city's pride parade HASN'T been accused of "racism and transphobia" at this point?

[quote]Are they as crazed about Pride as they are about the Stampede?

You're thinking of Calgary.

by Anonymousreply 16April 11, 2019 3:40 AM

Everything was good when people were Gay, Lesbian, Straight or Bi....the "others" have ruined it for everyone

by Anonymousreply 17April 11, 2019 3:43 AM

Agreed r17

by Anonymousreply 18April 11, 2019 3:44 AM

Gay people of colour ruin everything!!

by Anonymousreply 19April 11, 2019 3:44 AM

Toronto is next, I'm sure. So much dissent.

by Anonymousreply 20April 11, 2019 3:46 AM

Let them have it. Let it implode. We'll rebuild when they're whipped.

by Anonymousreply 21April 11, 2019 3:46 AM

R20 actually Toronto Pride is like a house of cards right now, After BLM protests, donations plummeted and now they are barely able to make ends meet and is running a budgetary deficit

by Anonymousreply 22April 11, 2019 3:47 AM

What problems do "People of Colour" have in Canada? I thought Canada was the humanist utopia we strive to become...

by Anonymousreply 23April 11, 2019 3:47 AM

Mainstream gay guys need to move on, take over new cities.

by Anonymousreply 24April 11, 2019 3:48 AM

R23 it is just the Social Justice Warriors that every country has

by Anonymousreply 25April 11, 2019 3:48 AM

[quote]an attempt to dismiss, target, and put out of play the efforts put on the part of Black, Indigenous, and People of Colour in the LGBTQ2S+ to point towards alternatives on how this organization carries out its activities…

So start your own better LGBTQ2S+.

by Anonymousreply 26April 11, 2019 3:50 AM

It's not people of color (whom I love) that cause the problems: It's the transgenders.

EVERYTHING has to be about them.

So fucking sick of their bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 27April 11, 2019 3:50 AM

Canada is what happens when SJWs are completely in charge.

I like balance. We need SJWs to widen society's circle of compassion over time, but when they completely reign, chaos ensues.

by Anonymousreply 28April 11, 2019 3:50 AM

Has Helen Reddy put out a statement?

by Anonymousreply 29April 11, 2019 3:50 AM

It's the trans and queer crowd.

Don't associate with them. Show them their oppressive behavior isn't acceptable.

by Anonymousreply 30April 11, 2019 3:51 AM

Their leader? Or is he too white?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31April 11, 2019 3:52 AM

R27 They're hijacking any civil rights movement that doesn't openly reject them.

by Anonymousreply 32April 11, 2019 3:52 AM

Yup, it's just people whining r23. Everybody's trying to outwoke each other and be the loudest and the wokest and everybody has to live by what they decree is woke.

The New Fascism.

by Anonymousreply 33April 11, 2019 3:52 AM

R23 They are radical hateful people......and fucking ugly as sin! Most are a bunch of angry black dykes who ruin a great celebration for everyone. In Toronto, hundreds of thousands of people line the streets for Pride...Gay and Straight and People of Colour, Black Lives Matter, ruin a beautiful celebration to advance their own agenda. I have no respect for them and wouldn't piss on them if they were on fire!

by Anonymousreply 34April 11, 2019 3:52 AM

r2 the Ls have already started where have you been? But yeah the Gs are starting to wake up and see the Ts abd beyond are starting to ruin the community from within and outside to others

by Anonymousreply 35April 11, 2019 3:53 AM

[quote]Shades of Colour is calling the decision appalling.

[quote]“We are calling this decision for what it is: namely, a disavowal of deep systematic problems in the framework of EPFS as well as an attempt to dismiss, target, and put out of play the efforts put on the part of Black, Indigenous, and People of Colour in the LGBTQ2S+ to point towards alternatives on how this organization carries out its activities…

In other words, you morons, you got EXACTLY what you asked for and now you're pissed. You screeched about how terrible things were. Well buck up.

You can always run your own festival, but that takes actual work, time, and effort - more than tweeting how awful other people are.

by Anonymousreply 36April 11, 2019 3:54 AM

They're not even that woke. They defend the seal hunt because it's a First Nations thing supposedly. They're not all vegan, for example. If you're going to be woke, you should be vegan — like Common and Colin Kaepernick.

by Anonymousreply 37April 11, 2019 3:55 AM

BLM + "queer" and trans = No fun

by Anonymousreply 38April 11, 2019 3:58 AM

R37 Think of all the chemicals in their hair dye too, not eco-friendly.

by Anonymousreply 39April 11, 2019 3:58 AM

R39, and probably not cruelty-free.

They're completely inconsistent and blind (oh no, is that offensive?!)😒

by Anonymousreply 40April 11, 2019 4:00 AM

First Halloween... Now Pride.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41April 11, 2019 4:01 AM

R41 I wonder of a lot of what's pushing wokeness is anxiety about social status and a desire to control competition. It seems like a power game more than a coherent ideology.

by Anonymousreply 42April 11, 2019 4:04 AM

R23 they'd say Canada was built on stolen land and with a history of genocide perpetrated by white settlers and their ancestors. And that institutional racism exists in Canada.

by Anonymousreply 43April 11, 2019 4:06 AM

They say that now. They screamed "NO HATE SPEECH ON STOLEN LAND" at Jordan Peterson.

by Anonymousreply 44April 11, 2019 4:11 AM

This is the cult.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45April 11, 2019 4:11 AM

Watch R45 at 4:30.

by Anonymousreply 46April 11, 2019 4:14 AM

Can’t Bugs Bunny saw them off like he did the state of Florida?

by Anonymousreply 47April 11, 2019 4:19 AM

Gee, and on the 50th anniversary of Gay Pride!

by Anonymousreply 48April 11, 2019 4:21 AM

These people are really mentally ill. And not in a feel bad for them kind of way. In a dangerous way. I guess this needs to come to a head for gays and lesbians to really wake up and fight back. Make no mistake, they are the enemy. At this point they seem like a bigger enemy than conservatives. This will get worse no doubt. You cant fight or reason with crazy. Just make sure to hold your ground now. Let your friends know what they're enabling. Remind people you are gay or lesbian and it's very simple. Distance yourself from any of this nonsense.

by Anonymousreply 49April 11, 2019 4:22 AM

Agree with this! It is horrifying.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 50April 11, 2019 4:22 AM

I hear they have a banging pride parade in Lethbridge.

by Anonymousreply 51April 11, 2019 4:25 AM

"Trans" closed down MitchFest as well. Hmmmmm . . .

by Anonymousreply 52April 11, 2019 4:28 AM

R50 The dear author Daryl Bruce is completley oblivious to the insider feuding that resulted in the cancellation. ;He thinks its some national political agenda shift that caused it.

by Anonymousreply 53April 11, 2019 4:28 AM

We are too basic for these people. We are just gay guys and lesbians. Let these freaks have their circus.

by Anonymousreply 54April 11, 2019 4:28 AM

They're not interested in THEIR circus. They want to destroy YOURS.

by Anonymousreply 55April 11, 2019 4:29 AM

Nice find R45. That pretty much nailed it. I think I remember when all this went down a few years back.

by Anonymousreply 56April 11, 2019 4:33 AM

R45 That video is everything. Appalling is not the word - we're all being bullied by people who imagine themselves bullied, it's so backwards.

by Anonymousreply 57April 11, 2019 4:34 AM

These people are begging for everyone else to put them in concentration camps.

by Anonymousreply 58April 11, 2019 4:34 AM

Ooooh the irony. I love sitting back and watching this all crumble to the ground lol.

by Anonymousreply 59April 11, 2019 4:45 AM

It is indeed sad to watch the stock price of LGBT & Co, Inc. decline. The last Pride I visited seemed cheap and empty, similar to the way that once high-end shopping malls feel once they decline and all that rents the space is endless t-shirt and ball cap stores and nail parlors.

by Anonymousreply 60April 11, 2019 4:50 AM

Pride is over.

by Anonymousreply 61April 11, 2019 4:51 AM

The first five paragraphs of OP's article made me want to get my head removed.

A study of transgender "women" found very high rates of narcissistic personality disorder. Here's an interesting piece about collective narcissism and identity politics.

[quote] Western colleges are littered with tales of destroyed reputations and careers, any hint of non-conformity is swiftly punished through a series of reprisals. The use of an opaque, malleable language, ensures that any individual caught in this web of lies is unable to escape these allegations of racism, sexism and the deadly accusation of being transphobic. Cultural appropriation, privilege theory, critical theory, intersectional feminism, micro-aggressions and the use of safe-spaces are all tools used to obfuscate the purpose of identity politics from the masses, while simultaneously justifying their beliefs. These incidentally are classic techniques used by narcissists, the end result is rather like 1984, you are left questioning your own name or indeed how many fingers are held up.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 62April 11, 2019 5:05 AM

r43 That is irrelevant to a SEXUAL ORIENTATION issue.

This is about gay, lesbian and bisexual people. That's it. Transgender is also not about sexual orientation.

by Anonymousreply 63April 11, 2019 5:40 AM

r62 What a perfect picture for everything that's wrong with liberals today. These look like the same nutjobs from r45. Can you imagine seeing this picture (of yourself) and thinking "yes! this is a good representation of what I am about!" I would be thinking something between "I can't believe I agreed to pose for this, what is wrong with me" and "if I kill the photographer, how many more people would I have to get to to destroy every copy?"

by Anonymousreply 64April 11, 2019 5:41 AM

R64, that's the same clique as R45. They're mentioned in the article.

by Anonymousreply 65April 11, 2019 5:43 AM

R64, they're clearly reveling in their 'queerness' and feel empowered. But I guarantee that the black "femme" jacks his dick, of which he probably has a love-hate relationship with, to someone like Chris Hemsworth every night.

Would love for DL's Douchequeer to offer their two cents on this whole situation in Edmonton. "Divide and conquer" indeed!

by Anonymousreply 66April 11, 2019 6:04 AM

A minuscule percentage of people in a group insists on calling the shots for the whole group -- and it is Actual Violence if this is not acceptable.

Fuck 'em.

by Anonymousreply 67April 11, 2019 6:16 AM

Having been a pride organizer in a large city in the 90's we were dealing with some of these same issues. As a gay man, after 10 years I eventually had enough of those who wanted to be properly represented along with the GLBT rainbow and resigned. It was at that time we referred to ourselves as LGBT, because women felt they were not fully represented. Our planning meetings were taken over by these self-identified marginalized groups to the extent that we had difficulty even planning the most basic parts of the annual event. A group of women wanted to have their own parade and they did. Though they also wanted to be part of pride parade that we were organizing and have a say in our planning efforts. Looking back, I should have advocated cancelling pride altogether and forming a new organization that planned Gay Pride (not other initials) and let anyone else who wanted to plan their own parade do just that.

by Anonymousreply 68April 11, 2019 6:27 AM

That whole article is infuriating. No explanation from the pride organization, just accusations and insinuations from others about how racist and transphobic they are.

When was gay history completely rewritten? These assholes are coming in and acting like white gay men and women had absolutely nothing to do with gay advancement at all. It was all trans WOC fighting for rights. And now white gay men and women should STFU and step down from the organizations they largely built.

Bullshit, and fuck them.

by Anonymousreply 69April 11, 2019 7:01 AM

Just withdraw your participation and support.

Starve the fuckers out.

by Anonymousreply 70April 11, 2019 7:18 AM

[quote]The Pride Society’s decision not to act on a call to ban police and military officers from taking part in the festival boiled over during the Pride Parade last summer.

When did pride become exclusionary? There are gay military and police officers.

by Anonymousreply 71April 11, 2019 7:44 AM

I'm surprised Edmonton even had a large Pride celebration. It's a conservative area.

by Anonymousreply 72April 11, 2019 7:53 AM

If they can't weasel their way in, then they try to destroy it.

by Anonymousreply 73April 11, 2019 8:06 AM

Oh, NOW pride parades are important again? Before that they were sad, embarrassing and outdated to you trolls.

Guess the old saying is true "You never know what you've got until it's gone".

You didn't bother, but others did.

by Anonymousreply 74April 11, 2019 8:26 AM

It's Canada. The anti trans troll is making a case based on scandalized speculations.

by Anonymousreply 75April 11, 2019 8:34 AM

What should be done is exactly what MichFest organisers did. Rather than acknowledge the usurper scolds, simply say we've had a good run and now we're retiring, closing up shop. Cut off their raison d'etre and any possibility of future exposure.

by Anonymousreply 76April 11, 2019 8:35 AM

The new leadership team.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 77April 11, 2019 8:38 AM

R68 What other groups were interfering,? Trans or something like that?

by Anonymousreply 78April 11, 2019 1:07 PM

Those are some dour, humorless specimens r77

by Anonymousreply 79April 11, 2019 1:18 PM

[quote]Has Helen Reddy put out a statement?

No, but Julie fucking Andrews helped enable this shit by pushing non-binary propaganda on her and her daughter’s (the white biological one) Netflix puppet show.

by Anonymousreply 80April 11, 2019 1:31 PM

I feel like the only solution is to allow them to go off and create their own events and pride celebration. And leave Gay Pride to the cis people who created it in the first place.

by Anonymousreply 81April 11, 2019 1:41 PM

Spell it out for me like I'm six... Why did they cancel the parade?

by Anonymousreply 82April 11, 2019 1:49 PM

R82 QBITPOC got particularly noisy about lack of representation and creating general havoc so organizers said EFF it, festival canceled due to unrepentant demands not being met by said provocateurs.

by Anonymousreply 83April 11, 2019 1:53 PM

[quote]Why did they cancel the parade?

Because people "who aren't oppressed" weren't able to represent people "who are oppressed" while the people "who are oppressed" didn't lift a finger to do anything except blame /other/ people for their own lack of action, I'm assuming.

If Tranny needs their stupid float then tranny can get off their mangled pussy and build a fuckin' float instead of expecting everything to "just be there". Sorry, when /there aren't enough of you in existence/ there isn't that much infrastructure established that's /all about you/. Get used to it.

by Anonymousreply 84April 11, 2019 2:01 PM

I might add as has been eluded to in above posts, I think this trend will spread as this cult of anger and absurdity will "disrupt" as much as possible until eventually they fade or there is a crack down on their protests, a al France yellow vests.

by Anonymousreply 85April 11, 2019 2:01 PM

All those g*nd*r clinics need to be forcibly shut down along with the pseudo-academic g*nd*r studies racket.

by Anonymousreply 86April 11, 2019 2:23 PM

R86 Gender clinics are eugenics centers. We'll remember them in the future the way we remember asylums.

by Anonymousreply 87April 11, 2019 2:30 PM

What's QBITPC?

by Anonymousreply 88April 11, 2019 2:35 PM

[quote][R86] Gender clinics are eugenics centers. We'll remember them in the future the way we remember asylums.

They should be looked upon that way RIGHT NOW. I’m ready to throw a fucking Molotov cocktail into one of them.

by Anonymousreply 89April 11, 2019 3:05 PM

Gays will win the War on Homosexuality. Here is how.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 90April 11, 2019 3:06 PM

Oh, great, the anarchist cookbook.

by Anonymousreply 91April 11, 2019 3:08 PM

They can't get anything done with the people they should be going after, so they attack their own because we're an easy target.

At this point the biggest danger to gays and lesbians are trans and queers.

by Anonymousreply 92April 11, 2019 3:11 PM

They sure love living in white-majority countries, though!

by Anonymousreply 93April 11, 2019 4:57 PM

Yes they are so oppressed and marginalized that it is absolutely IMPOSSIBLE for them to raise any funds for a permit and insurance to host a pride parade. Yes maybe it’d be tiny BUT guess what the first gay parades in sf were pretty small.

by Anonymousreply 94April 11, 2019 5:02 PM

R45 Part of me laughs hysterically at how a small group of people have taken over just because they’re the loudest ones in the room but when I see the principal completely capitulated and practically been over a barrel and lubed up I lose faith in adults… They need to tell these little sissies to grow the fuck up and that the world is not our utopia. I bet they’re all commies too. Who the fuck do these kids think they are? They’ve done nothing in life so far and they know nothing about life so far. Hell, I’m 30 and I still don’t know much about life. These people are fucking idiots and they would do well to listen to people that are older than them about how civilizations can collapse when there’s too much division As a starter.

by Anonymousreply 95April 11, 2019 5:14 PM

Since we're picking on the Brits now, english muffins are the worst bread on the planet. You'll break your teeth trying to chew one, regardless of how fresh it is.

by Anonymousreply 96April 11, 2019 5:19 PM

So they’ve done the Right’s work for them. Muppets.

by Anonymousreply 97April 11, 2019 6:21 PM

Here's the list of demands.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 98April 11, 2019 6:28 PM

QTIBPoC stands for Queer Trans Intersex Black and People of Color.

omg

by Anonymousreply 99April 11, 2019 6:32 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 100April 11, 2019 6:34 PM

Wow....so many demands!

Uh, maybe go out and raise your own damn money for the events they want to do? And, get government grants.

by Anonymousreply 101April 11, 2019 6:40 PM

"Two weeks ago, the Shades of Colour Community and refugee-advocacy group RaricaNow published a list of demands sent to the EPFS. They said the society had already agreed to two of their demands, including removing police and military from Pride, and encouraged people to come to a community meeting on April 4. The demands focused on funding and making space for QTBIPOC at Pride." (R100)

Refugees want in, too.

by Anonymousreply 102April 11, 2019 6:41 PM

"In this context, not only do we need to fund the Pride space on June 8th, but we also need to follow up with an action plan to sustain the community, a community that will be guaranteed to grow on this day. This action plan could take months to properly develop and organize, and therefore we believe $20,000 for each of our organizations is necessary. While we feel that $20,000 is necessary – we are open to negotiations."

by Anonymousreply 103April 11, 2019 6:42 PM

"Finally, Pride in the Park needs to end with a vigil to honour the lives lost due to numerous forms of oppression (transphobia, racism, colonization, queerphobia, capitalism, classism, ableism, Islamophobia, homophobia, etc.). Part of this would include setting up a memorial wall listing the names of LGBTIQ2S+ lives lost including those in other countries where their identities are delegitimized and punished. Moving forward, we desire Pride in the Park to continue this activity and make it a tradition in the following years."

by Anonymousreply 104April 11, 2019 6:44 PM

Holy crap. They're like a self-parody. Or a troll organization. How is that shit for real?

by Anonymousreply 105April 11, 2019 6:44 PM

Love that they just shut it down. Like good parents. Enough of the nonsense, we're taking the toy away.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 106April 11, 2019 6:47 PM

Note the order of 'phobias' within those parentheses and where homophobia is placed. Very telling.

No wonder the Pride committee threw their hands up and walked away.

by Anonymousreply 107April 11, 2019 6:48 PM

They've taken over the mainstream gay organizations, too, right?

Fuck it. I'm done with all that for now.

by Anonymousreply 108April 11, 2019 6:50 PM

Edmonton Pride is oddly fantastic. I'm from Vancouver & attended Edmonton Pride last year. It's much better than Van or Toronto Pride which are mainly corporate sponsored events now. Does a float with logos for banks do it for you? It doesn't for me. Edmonton Pride is very grassroots and exciting. Probably made more so because Alberta is a the conservative armpit of Canada. This is sad to see. Solidarity is everything - but activists can be their own worst enemies.

by Anonymousreply 109April 11, 2019 6:58 PM

"Both sides have said they would be willing to work towards creating an inclusive Pride in future years."

Well then, they should have taken their cue from the Women's Victoria March. O, Canada!

#NotTheOnion

Women’s March Victoria would like to make a public statement about the pink “pussy hats” that many people have chosen to wear at previous Women’s Marches.

We realize that for some the hats have been a symbol of unity. Unfortunately, the symbolism of the pink “pussy hats” is based around the idea of biological gender essentialism, which excludes trans women and non-binary folks. The pussy hats perpetuate the concept of shared womanhood, which ignores the complex ways in which women face different levels of marginalization based on race, sexual orientation, gender presentation, class and disability status. This notion is detrimental to our mission of inclusivity and intersectionality. We want everyone to feel safe and welcome at the march. Wearing one of these toques displays a lack of empathy and understanding towards the various manifestations of gender.

Not every woman has a vagina, and not every person who has a vagina is a woman. In addition, not every pussy is pink. Symbols that equate uteruses, vulvas and vaginas with womanhood are transphobic. Women’s March Victoria strives to be inclusive of all women, including trans women and women of colour (as well as sex workers, women with disabilities, queer women, poor women, etc.), and in that effort, we ask that attendees think about how they can work towards making the march as inclusive and intersectional as possible.

The theme of Women’s March 2019 is Ending Violence, and our chapter has taken this theme very seriously and we want to remind everyone planning on attending that trans people and non-binary people encounter more acts of violence and discrimination on a daily basis, which is why we all should take a firm stance on this issue.

by Anonymousreply 110April 11, 2019 7:12 PM

Their financial demands appear to be some combination of extortion and rent-seeking.

by Anonymousreply 111April 11, 2019 7:16 PM

Let them have their own, weak Q2SATJIEBF&2!? Pride parade.

by Anonymousreply 112April 11, 2019 7:19 PM

This thread is catnip for anti-trans bigots and stupid trolls.

by Anonymousreply 113April 11, 2019 7:32 PM

You need to reacquaint yourself with the actual and proper definition of the word "bigot".

by Anonymousreply 114April 11, 2019 7:34 PM

That's rich saying an anti trans person is a bigot when...well, I think it's all been said in here. You're too far gone. RIP.

by Anonymousreply 115April 11, 2019 7:36 PM

Man, it's the 60s all over again: we're going to co-opt your thing, and make it OUR thing, and you're gonna do all work and pay for it, too!

And if you don't like it, you're on the side of the pigs!

by Anonymousreply 116April 11, 2019 7:36 PM

Laugh it up but this is the wedge that will be used by Nazis to undo all our gains of the last 50 years--same sex marriage, gays in the military, all of it.

And by Nazis, I mean the real deal, not garden-variety conservatives who are tired of illegal immigration or whatever and who've been branded as such by hysterical Evergreeners. I'm talking real Aryan Nations types who ten years ago were totally marginalized, who are now finding a receptive audience because the left has become so extreme. It's been said (because it's true) that Weimar Germany was what made Hitler possible.

A big part of the problem, as brought up by R95, is that the gay community has always been too willing to take in anyone marginalized under our big umbrella, regardless of whether or not their particular issue was directly related to homosexuality. Every viewpoint was equally valid, every opinion carried the same weight, even when it was patently stupid. No one could be told to sit down and shut up, that their problems belonged in a therapist's office, not in an organization for achieving political, legal, and social change for gay people. That all-inclusivity and managing by consensus is a very female thing, so it's especially ironic that this aspect of the architecture of the gay rights movement was designed primarily by lesbians, and they're the ones who have been most negatively affected by it.

by Anonymousreply 117April 11, 2019 8:36 PM

The LGBTQ Community keeps growing because of one good reason: The GOP using its members as scapegoats to further their own agenda and distract from their own crimes.

The individual members of the LGBTQ Community put their own issues aside and come together to fight against conservatives and their supporters (say, through boycotts, rallies, etc.

Of course the conservatives HATE that and try to weaken the LGBTQ Community with desperate Divide & Conquer schemes to "drop" the individual letters one by one.

Social media platforms like Datalounge are used by trolls to establish the obviously false narrative that their Divide & Conquer schemes work.

by Anonymousreply 118April 11, 2019 8:46 PM

The "Queer-POX" has to have it their way or they get angry.

by Anonymousreply 119April 11, 2019 8:46 PM

Given enough time, every group defaults to the extreme.

by Anonymousreply 120April 11, 2019 8:48 PM

[quote]No one could be told… that their problems belonged in a therapist's office, not in an organization for achieving political, legal, and social change for gay people.

Jesus, that’s a knife of truth right there.

by Anonymousreply 121April 11, 2019 8:53 PM

It seems what they really want is not Pridefest, but Oppressionfest where they belittle others for not being as oppressed as they are. They are welcome to go and create it.

by Anonymousreply 122April 11, 2019 8:59 PM

[quote]When did pride become exclusionary? There are gay military and police officers.

Because when military and police officers are present, crazy assholes who cry oppression while smashing things up with baseball bats get arrested. When they make a public disturbance that anyone else would get arrested for in any other situation, they would ALSO be arrested.

They basically want the ability to physically / mentally harass anyone in an incredibly aggressive manner without the police stepping in. But they pretend like it's about oppression.

by Anonymousreply 123April 11, 2019 9:00 PM

R118, are you really that deluded to believe that conservatives aren't sitting back, watching this and laughing? Has anyone "put their own issues aside and come together to fight" in this situation? No, the problems came from one side and one side only, and a PRIDE PARADE was CANCELLED because of it. But, I suspect that deep down, you're happy about this (for what reason, I don't think I want to know).

by Anonymousreply 124April 11, 2019 9:03 PM

Yup Ottawa Pride went through that “ban the cops” thing a few years ago - because marginalized vilnerable queer sex-workers something something word salad.

by Anonymousreply 125April 11, 2019 9:05 PM

Vancouver Pride went through the same thing last year, even though the Black population there is minuscule.

by Anonymousreply 126April 11, 2019 9:06 PM

r120 This is different, because my inference is you mean a homogeneous group drifting to a pole. This is people who have not one fucking thing to do with sexual orientation pushing themselves into our space because they can. This is particularly ironic in the case of BLM, who are radical racial exclusionists.

Flip the poles on this, so to speak, and imagine what would happen if, say, male sexual abuse victims, or male PTSD veterans shut down the Million Man or BLM Ferguson Marches to insist their issues be addressed.

by Anonymousreply 127April 11, 2019 9:09 PM

In Toronto they managed to get Sky Gilbert to walk away from his own playhouse. If they can take him out I imagine others won't be able to handle them.

by Anonymousreply 128April 11, 2019 9:10 PM

Who's funding these organizations? We need to get them to stop. The lies they spread that they started Stonewall alone should infuriate every gay, white man.

by Anonymousreply 129April 11, 2019 9:11 PM

[quote]Who's funding these organizations?

The members' parents, I'm assuming.

by Anonymousreply 130April 11, 2019 9:15 PM

I think we need to do a classic zap at the Human Rights Campaign or GLAAD to let them know that the T, and their lies about gay history/culture, have got to go.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 131April 11, 2019 9:21 PM

So lemme get this right - the current full form of the Alphabet Soup is [bold]LGBTQBIPoC2S+[/bold]?

Did we include everyone now? Raise you hand if there are any other fringe movements that we need to cram in there.

by Anonymousreply 132April 11, 2019 9:26 PM

Oh, damn I forgot the Asexuals... ok, let's try this again: [bold]LGBTQIABPoC2S+[/bold]?

Have I PC-included everyone now?

by Anonymousreply 133April 11, 2019 9:28 PM

But why on earth did they include "Two Spirit"? Isn't that a RELIGIOUS idea? What does that have to do with SEXUAL ORIENTATION?

What next, are we going to have "6-spirited people"? Because Buddhists believe we all go through 6 re-incarnations in our overall existence - i.e. 6 bodies of different sex. Is "6S" the next acronym that will be added to the LGBTQIABPoC2S+ Alphabet Soup?

by Anonymousreply 134April 11, 2019 9:30 PM

Uh, r133, I hate to be nit-picky, but you forgot me.

by Anonymousreply 135April 11, 2019 9:40 PM

How about this: Gay Pride be just that. Let the focus be on gay rights, celebration of gay life, etc. Gay = biological men who are attracted to men, and biological women who are attracted to women. Eliminate this cluster or random letters from having any association with GAY PRIDE. Just call it GAY PRIDE. Anyone who wants to attend and celebrate alongside is welcome. If you want to disrupt, BYE.

If other lettered groups want their own celebrations, then go ahead and fund them, get all the city permits, plan and organize, and create your own thing. And if their event seems interesting and fun, maybe others (even gay people) would join. But...it's not really about that, now is it?

by Anonymousreply 136April 11, 2019 9:42 PM

R136

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 137April 11, 2019 9:50 PM

No. Gay and Lesbian. But that's it.

by Anonymousreply 138April 11, 2019 9:52 PM

They're sad, bitter losers who are insanely jealous of people they perceive as being successful in life, and just want to create chaos in an attempt at "getting even."

by Anonymousreply 139April 11, 2019 9:59 PM

It amazes me that these activists use such long words.

That makes me feel excluded from their debate.

These are angry people, trying to coattail onto sexual orientation celebrations. Fuck in!

Well done Edmonton Pride for not playing ball.

by Anonymousreply 140April 11, 2019 10:03 PM

Pride being cancelled by an mostly-white board because they don't want to listen to marginalized, racialized queer folks talk about their safety is the epitome of white privilege. Y'all can do better, Edmonton is more than this.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 141April 11, 2019 10:07 PM

[quote] marginalized, racialized queer folks

Is "racialized" even a word?

Like: 'Officer, I went to a local bar yesterday and someone racialized me!'

by Anonymousreply 142April 11, 2019 10:11 PM

It doesn’t matter what the group/cause is, the lunatics always ruin it for everyone else. Always.

by Anonymousreply 143April 11, 2019 10:19 PM

So is Nisha trans or lez or what..?...oh wait, , just "queer"

by Anonymousreply 144April 11, 2019 10:21 PM

I don' think Nisha understands what racialized means.

by Anonymousreply 145April 11, 2019 10:23 PM

Did you see the list of demands they sent to Pride Committee? First they wanted to open the pride with a protest - by them. Then they wanted several donations (up to $20,000) for their group to create 'spaces' for them. $1500 for a 'sober' party for their group on Pride evening. Feature their group and photos on the first four pages of the Pride Guide.

It goes on and on - seriously fucked up and selfish.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 146April 11, 2019 10:26 PM

Yeah r146, we saw it way back at r98.

by Anonymousreply 147April 11, 2019 10:40 PM

Is this comment on the tweet above a troll post?

[quote]It's not drama, it's fucking SURVIVAL for BIPOC in this community. Calling the cops on queer indigenous folx in Edmonton is an act of violence. It shows that this board was willing to risk the lives of protesters. That's not some fictional bullshit.

LOL

by Anonymousreply 148April 11, 2019 10:42 PM

Yes we read their deluded demands.

There are people reading this thread, who set up Pride events over many years on a shoestring, who had to fight bureaucracy every step of the way to get their event on.

On the back of those years of efforts, come groups trying to muscle in on the event, who think that the world owes them finance and a lead role in it. I think I would be pretty pissed off to, if I were the Edmonton Pride organisers.

by Anonymousreply 149April 11, 2019 10:46 PM

"Folx" (!!!)

by Anonymousreply 150April 11, 2019 10:47 PM

R150 Queer as Folx

by Anonymousreply 151April 11, 2019 10:49 PM

They can start their own parade and events if they want.

Oh, wait. They're all broke-ass, lazy fucks who want $$$$ handed to them by...........you guessed it.........white people.

by Anonymousreply 152April 11, 2019 10:50 PM

[quote]Oh, wait. They're all broke-ass, lazy fucks who want $$$$ handed to them by...........you guessed it.........white people.

I think this is a fabulous idea.

by Anonymousreply 153April 11, 2019 10:52 PM

Extortion Li(v)es Matter

by Anonymousreply 154April 11, 2019 10:55 PM

This is the icing on the cake - they want the Pride Festival to write a public accountability statement of how they harmed them.

Dear Sir or Madam,

I'm writing to you to demand large sums of money, the right to protest you, I want to you to pay for a party for me, then I want you to apologize publicly and in written form for the harm you've done to me. Thanks in Advance! Please sign here...and here...and here.

Where's my money? Why are you looking at me like that? Geesh - see? Oppression never stops.

by Anonymousreply 155April 11, 2019 11:01 PM

Inclusion = get rid of the fags and dykes

by Anonymousreply 156April 11, 2019 11:06 PM

Seems like it's time for LGBTQ to just be LG. Or GL. Or just plain old gay (which includes both may and female homosexuals). Or gay and lesbian. Whatever.

T and Q and I and QTBIPoC and XYZPDQLMNOP and any other clumps of letters can step off and figure out their own shit. Just go away.

by Anonymousreply 157April 11, 2019 11:09 PM

If they cared about people of color, then they would have been up in arms about the two black lesbians and their black son murdered in cold blood by a white trans-identified male.

by Anonymousreply 158April 11, 2019 11:18 PM

These people are fucking insufferable.

WTF is not being safe to move your body in a mainstream queer space? They mean Alok type shit don't they?

DEMAND # 4 - $1500 to fund a SOC organized QTIBPOC sober dance party on the evening of pride Our vision is to provide QTIBPOC with a space to move their bodies in ways that they may not feel safe doing in everyday life or mainstream queer spaces. When people face queerphobia, transphobia and racism collectively, it can be difficult to form positive relationships to their bodies. For some, dance offers a way to work through those difficult feelings.

by Anonymousreply 159April 11, 2019 11:20 PM

LMFAO, R159. Maybe one of the QTBIPoC's should just have a party at shis (I made up a pronoun there) house. They can all attend and move their bodies however they want. Nobody else will want to come, so they will be totally free to express hishersheselves.

by Anonymousreply 160April 11, 2019 11:23 PM

Here's the thing - even if they did have a dance party - they act like their group are the only ones free of judgment. Sure - this utopia group of people who don't judge and there is no politics or anyone left out. Bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 161April 11, 2019 11:38 PM

They sure aren’t very GLAAD are they?

by Anonymousreply 162April 11, 2019 11:45 PM

Tr*nsph*b** is a sexist and homophobic unword. Using it is engaging in both false equivalence and psychological projection.

by Anonymousreply 163April 11, 2019 11:53 PM

[quote]Maybe one of the QTBIPoC's should just have a party at shis (I made up a pronoun there) house. They can all attend and move their bodies however they want.

QTBIPOCs have to have someone white around to date, fuck and bitch at simultaneously or else they go insane....er.

by Anonymousreply 164April 11, 2019 11:55 PM

Invite Caitlyn there to provide healing and unity.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 165April 12, 2019 12:04 AM

[quote]Here's the list of demands.

[quote]a bunch of virtue signalling nonsense.

Demands...or else what, they would go and protest and disrupt the parade and entire event? I have to laugh. The organizers looked at the demands, decided they couldn't or wouldn't meet them, so cancelled.

Now, the fools are protesting that the the organizers cancelled it because their demands couldn't be met. Now they are DEMANDING to know why the event was cancelled - how about playing chicken and blackmailing people to make them do what YOU want doesn't work with people. Sometimes, it just pisses them off and they say it's not worth it, so screw it and you. When you don't have any Fs left to give.

The stupid is breathtaking. What did they suppose would happen with their threats?

by Anonymousreply 166April 12, 2019 12:12 AM

[quote][bold]You know what's next: cis white gays™ & co. blame us.[/bold]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 167April 12, 2019 12:24 AM

R167 Saba is a raging lunatic

by Anonymousreply 168April 12, 2019 12:32 AM

The tranny brigade are Trumps true children. Out in the world...doing his chaos. Taking everything they can from the gays and lesbians. They feel more EVOLVED.

Creeps.

by Anonymousreply 169April 12, 2019 12:32 AM

[quote]I can't even get through buying a sandwich or voting without a white person saying something fucked up to me

Yes, yes you can. Especially if you're /Canadian/. Fucking idiot.

by Anonymousreply 170April 12, 2019 12:32 AM

They hate white people, but they LOVE living in white countries!

by Anonymousreply 171April 12, 2019 12:34 AM

Who the fuck do they think they are with a list of fucking demands. They all need to be laughed at and ignored. Let them come up with their own parade. They would have a parade of what.. a hundred at most? Stop using G and L as your stepping stone.

by Anonymousreply 172April 12, 2019 12:39 AM

Is Saba a Rachel Dolezal transracial?

by Anonymousreply 173April 12, 2019 12:41 AM

They say they hate the old white guys on the board but at the same time they act like those guys are their daddies who are supposed to open their wallets to them when they whine.

by Anonymousreply 174April 12, 2019 12:42 AM

R173 Her last name appears to be of of Eritrean heritage., just north of Ethiopia and used to be part of Ethiopia for a while. She must be a refugee.

by Anonymousreply 175April 12, 2019 12:43 AM

These uglies induce my gag reflex - I’ve had sufficient of them.

by Anonymousreply 176April 12, 2019 12:45 AM

shocker, she's bi!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 177April 12, 2019 12:47 AM

Seriously though, who the fuck is going to show up to some event where people whine about how oppressed they are? They're missing the original point of pride altogether. You show up, you throw a huge party and you act outrageous in the face of oppression. And if the oppressors don't like it,well fuck them. Straight people came to pride because it was a wild fucking party - the best of the year. It was outrageous and it was a blast. That's how we won allies, not by whining and making people feel guilty for existing.

These people really are fucking nuts. Gays and lesbians need to let them have it and reform their own organizations and get back to having fun in the face of oppression.

by Anonymousreply 178April 12, 2019 1:23 AM

[quote]Seriously though, who the fuck is going to show up to some event where people whine about how oppressed they are?

Poetry slam fans?

by Anonymousreply 179April 12, 2019 1:25 AM

[quote]I can't even get through buying a sandwich or voting without a white person saying something fucked up to me

Well, perhaps if she didn't say rude and offensive things to people around her, they might not feel the need to comment. Or perhaps if she were a decent human being and stopped screeching at everyone all the time for every perceived and imagined slight, they might not feel the need to comment.

She should go over to reddit and read some of the stories about /choosingbeggars or /entitled parents. She might understand how other people see her antics.

by Anonymousreply 180April 12, 2019 1:46 AM

Another shocker: has a male partner.

by Anonymousreply 181April 12, 2019 1:49 AM

RE: R177

by Anonymousreply 182April 12, 2019 1:49 AM

Splitter!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 183April 12, 2019 1:57 AM

Being bi had nothing to do with Stonewall

by Anonymousreply 184April 12, 2019 1:59 AM

My partner and I are about as leftist as you can get. A couple of years back when it became obvious that the T's, Q's and POC were taking over what was formerly the LGB movement, we decided to just "walk away" from all of it. No more donations to HRC or any other national groups that have, essentially, become mouthpieces for T, Q, POC. No more fundraisers, no formerly gay establishments, etc. We'll take our chances on our own.

by Anonymousreply 185April 12, 2019 2:07 AM

You can't just scratch "PRIDE" from thin air. You must first have experienced it in your daily life; in your bones. These people have no idea where pride even begins. They scream discrimination, threaten to sue, pound their fists. Disgusting!!! Ignore them, and hope they soon run out of steam.

by Anonymousreply 186April 12, 2019 2:17 AM

[quote]"Finally, Pride in the Park needs to end with a vigil to honour the lives lost due to numerous forms of oppression (transphobia, racism, colonization, queerphobia, capitalism, classism, ableism, ISLAMAPHOBIA, homophobia, etc.)"

Yet later:'

"Let us also acknowledge the LGBTIQ+ refugees who have suffered not only in refugee camps but also within their own countries due to their sexual orientation."

Wonder what countries those might be that torture people due to their sexual orientation??? Hmmmmm. Islamist countries maybe???

by Anonymousreply 187April 12, 2019 2:40 AM

Queerphobia is something you would expect to hear from a right wing douche who is poking fun at people who experience /real/ homophobic treatment.

by Anonymousreply 188April 12, 2019 2:52 AM

DEMAND # 3 - Provide the SOC Team and the RaricaNow team with money to access ongoing training so we can best create these spaces for our communities.

How's about you get your lazy motherfuckin' asses off of the non-gender specific seating apparatus and start soliciting donations for your "ongoing training" instead of demanding funds from the LGB community.

Honestly, have you ever?!

by Anonymousreply 189April 12, 2019 2:53 AM

They hate the so-called "establishment" gays and lesbians who built the movement and keep it going, but then they turn around and want tons of money from them. JFC the nerve of these idiots!

I think deep down they know they could never raise the money themselves, because the remaining 99% of the population is just not into them, and that infuriates them. They know trying to shake down GLB people is they only way that they can get any funds.

by Anonymousreply 190April 12, 2019 3:02 AM

My favourite bit:

Demand #3: Training 'Often, the knowledge we’re desperately seeking isn’t here yet, and can only be found outside of Edmonton. In these situations, we realistically may need to travel to larger more established cities such as Brooklyn, Oakland, etc where this knowledge exists. Our demand is that the Pride Board funds these learning opportunities so that we can bring the knowledge back to our own communities.'

by Anonymousreply 191April 12, 2019 3:25 AM

[quote]Brooklyn, Oakland, etc

Where the demographic is completely different.

by Anonymousreply 192April 12, 2019 3:28 AM

[quote]Another shocker: has a male partner

Lemme guess, he’s white.

[quote]They hate the so-called "establishment" gays and lesbians who built the movement and keep it going, but then they turn around and want tons of money from them. JFC the nerve of these idiots!

Ah, but that what makes it such a win-win for them: they justify the demand for money by claiming it’s what is owed to them by the establishment anyway.

You cannot win with these cultist. They will have an out, a loophole, a justification for anything and everything. There is no logic because you’re dealing with people for whom there are no logical arguments. Best to just not to play their game.

by Anonymousreply 193April 12, 2019 3:30 AM

I'm pretty sure the knowledge they desperately seek in Brooklyn and Oakland could transmitted by Skye or e-mail, but I don't want to cast oppressive aspersions on their committed grifting,

by Anonymousreply 194April 12, 2019 3:33 AM

Right - they need to go on cultural vacations to Brooklyn and Oakland. We can't invite them here and no, we can't live cam or communicate over email and phone. Has to be face to face. In another country. Thousands of miles away.

The names of these people should be published to shame the shit out of them.

Meanwhile, I feel REALLY bad for other gay people of color who are going to feel this blow back that was none of their doing.

by Anonymousreply 195April 12, 2019 3:34 AM

I think it's safe to say that anyone identifying as "gay" like your average, well adjusted gay person and not a "queer POCIDKWTF" won't have anything to fear.

by Anonymousreply 196April 12, 2019 3:37 AM

R196 at this rate the acronym may just cycle back around to POCKETGAY!

by Anonymousreply 197April 12, 2019 3:41 AM

The magazine formerly known as Scientific American has apparently been taken over by the QTBIPosC;

[quote] Why We Should All Use They/Them Pronouns Using gendered identifiers, even if we get to choose our own, can reinforce bias and discrimination

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 198April 12, 2019 3:44 AM

Cancel heterosexuality

by Anonymousreply 199April 12, 2019 3:46 AM

The demands list is like something from The Onion, not sure even DL could come up with a satire as hilarious as the real thing. 'We may need paid holidays to California and New York to obtain information', I mean, talk about shameless cheek!

The most satisfying bit however, must be the sputtering, raging, slack-jawed disbelief that someone had the temerity to say not only no, but 'no, fuck off and get out'. Refusing to be blackmailed is literal violence!!

by Anonymousreply 200April 12, 2019 3:50 AM

Trannies and breeders ruin everything. I genuinely wish there was such a thing as ex-str8 therapy.

by Anonymousreply 201April 12, 2019 3:53 AM

What do you think it would take for r75 and r113 to wake the fuck up? I wonder if they even read these threads, or just immediately assume that everyone who could possibly disagree with "QTBIPOC" must be a summary bigot. I have to believe that they're ignorant and not purposefully malicious, but I'm not so sure anymore. Maybe they're the trans-damage-control brigade. It's not working!

by Anonymousreply 202April 12, 2019 3:57 AM

This is what gays deserve. You reap what you sow.

by Anonymousreply 203April 12, 2019 3:59 AM

[Quote]I can't even get through buying a sandwich or voting without a white person saying something fucked up to me

If everyone you meet is an asshole...

by Anonymousreply 204April 12, 2019 4:04 AM

No we don’t, R203. Not all of us gave the thumbs up to the institutionalization of child mutilation. As if adults doing it to themselves wasn’t bad enough to begin with.

TRANS.

IS.

ANTI-GAY.

CONVERSION.

THERAPY.

YOU.

ARE.

A

BIGOT.

IF.

YOU.

SUPPORT.

IT.

by Anonymousreply 205April 12, 2019 4:05 AM

Doesn't happen in Canada.

by Anonymousreply 206April 12, 2019 4:06 AM

Madison, Wisconsin PRIDE also canceled because of the outraged, the mendacious and the mentally-ill.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 207April 12, 2019 4:06 AM

It's nice how Edmonton Pride basically said "fuck you, cunts" to these freaks instead of backing down.

by Anonymousreply 208April 12, 2019 4:08 AM

R75 and R113 are just far too afraid of being called 'transphobic' by their LGBTQIA+ peers to stick up for gay people. It's easier to scream "BIGOT!!!" on Datalounge.

by Anonymousreply 209April 12, 2019 4:08 AM

Why are trans etc so offended by things like pride that they don't want anybody to enjoy themselves? They must understand that older white gays are not their enemies. This is as dumb as the trans community getting so offended over Ru Paul's language. People are going to say insensitive things and disagree with you but when it comes right down to it they're not the ones who want to see you dead.

by Anonymousreply 210April 12, 2019 4:09 AM

I think it's kind of sad we have to turn the station wagon around and go home because the kiddies ruined it once again for the adults. Now Edmonton G&L don't have their annual PRIDE activities to look forward to. Why can't we (all PRIDE cities planning parades) just tell them we don't want them involved in PRIDE and let the chips fall where they may?

by Anonymousreply 211April 12, 2019 4:12 AM

They want everyone to be as miserable as they are.

by Anonymousreply 212April 12, 2019 4:13 AM

[quote]Cancel heterosexuality

Heterosexual sex is repugnant unless it involves a female penis and a male vagina.

--Titania McGrath

by Anonymousreply 213April 12, 2019 4:15 AM

[quote]I think it's kind of sad we have to turn the station wagon around and go home because the kiddies ruined it once again for the adults.

If the gays would accept that pride isn’t about joy, freedom, and fun and get on board with a parade of anger and exclusion, there wouldn’t be a problem.

by Anonymousreply 214April 12, 2019 4:15 AM

Transgender "women" have more of a chance of being a murderer than be murdered in both the US and UK, R210

by Anonymousreply 215April 12, 2019 4:16 AM

This list of demands are ridiculous. The absolute opposite of the spirit of inclusivity and togetherness.

by Anonymousreply 216April 12, 2019 4:17 AM

Because so many of them are fucking crazy who go nuts in public r215. That's going to get a person killed in many cases.

by Anonymousreply 217April 12, 2019 4:17 AM

And most of the trans people who are murdered are prostitutes, which they never seem to mention when talking about how much people like to murder them. Don't be a prostitute and you won't get killed. It's so simple!

by Anonymousreply 218April 12, 2019 4:19 AM

JFC they have some nerve demanding fully-funded trips to NY and LA to "do research." Yeah, right. Research. You know they just want to party.

by Anonymousreply 219April 12, 2019 4:19 AM

Perhaps the organisers knew it might attract a Muslim terrorist attack as pay back for Christchurch?

by Anonymousreply 220April 12, 2019 4:21 AM

As a bi man, I've never understood how Trans got lumped in with Gays, Lesbians, and Bisexuals? Our issue was having pride in our sexual orientations and demanding that we had the right to experience our orientation without interference from the government or others, and that we should have the same rights as straight people.

Trans is completely different, it is about gender identity and they seem to want rights above that of straights or LGBs.

Also, as a bisexual, what exactly is a pansexual and how are they different from a bisexual?

Furthermore, why were they demanding a sober party? I would think they would need copious amounts of alcohol and drugs to stand to be around each other, I know I would the equivalent of every drug and drink ever taken by all the members of The Rolling Stones, just to make it through thirty minutes with these people.

by Anonymousreply 221April 12, 2019 4:23 AM

R217, trans are more likely to be the killer than the victim. That's using HRC and US census statistics.

The whole Victim-est Victim That Ever Victimed schtick that Trans Activists have going is a bald-faced lie.

by Anonymousreply 222April 12, 2019 4:25 AM

If I didn't know it was real, I would have thought that list was satire r219. And the very fact they itemize the list by "Demand #1".

Yeah, that really makes one want to open a dialogue with them.

They must have learned well from their bullies growing up because they are no better. Kudos to Edmonton.

Now these fuckers can go to NYC - on their own dime.

by Anonymousreply 223April 12, 2019 4:27 AM

R221, Once Upon a Time, there was only L and G, actually G, but that's another story.

Then Trans Activists realized they could use the hard work, $$$ and good will of gay activism to get their way, and so they very deliberately cemented themselves to L and G. There was a lot of pushback, but not enough, and here we are.

How the T got into LGBT (article from the New York Times).

Note how one of the T activists who made it happen is proud of doing a con job on the L and G:

[quote] But this moment — when transition stories are increasingly and empathetically featured in the media, campuses buzz with gender politics and the president condemns transgender persecution in the State of the Union address — did not materialize out of thin air. It evolved over the last quarter-century as Ms. Frye and others built a transgender civil rights movement, fighting dexterously to rebrand a highly marginalized group; demand, and increasingly win, equal protection under the law; and put the T in L.G.B.T. Despite a historic affinity between gay and transgender people, mainstream gay rights groups did not initially embrace the transgender cause as their own. They saw it as a liability. Yet from the time their far younger movement coalesced, most transgender advocates felt kinship and a practical need to ally themselves with the large, relatively well-financed gay movement. “We realized that we should have a parallel movement, but also needed to be dug into the L.G.B.T. movement,” said Mara Keisling, the executive director of the National Center for Transgender Equality. “The folks I work most closely with are all very nice, sweet people, but we had to be such hard asses. At a certain point, we said, ‘No more moving gay people ahead without trans people.’ ” Having felt the sting of gay groups’ rejection long ago, Ms. Frye led some of the earliest sorties in what became a pitched battle for transgender inclusion. She repeatedly argued that homophobia and transphobia were entwined, and made the case that many transgender people are themselves gay.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 224April 12, 2019 4:29 AM

As the Stonewall anniversary gets closer, you know the Ts are ready to move front and center and give themselves all the credit.

by Anonymousreply 225April 12, 2019 4:31 AM

R225, and who's going to believe us when we push back and say they're lying?

by Anonymousreply 226April 12, 2019 4:34 AM

r226 I know... I know. I totally agree with you.

This is when I feel a board like Datalounge is very important. I giggle when I hear the term "eldergay" but the truth is there are a lot of eldergays who lived through Stonewall and can verify what happened. Plus, you know, all those pictures of gay men...

by Anonymousreply 227April 12, 2019 4:38 AM

R225, this sub Reddit is tracking the Trans-Washing of gay history and also the absurdities of the Alphabet Soup.

Pls bookmark it and spread it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 228April 12, 2019 4:38 AM

[quote]The absolute opposite of the spirit of inclusivity and togetherness.

All that “inclusion wins” crap is what allowed them to simultaneously walk all over us and pull the rug out from under us.

by Anonymousreply 229April 12, 2019 4:43 AM

I wrote an event series for Norman Lear years ago about the women's movement in the 1970's. This EXACT same thing happened to that group. What was once an exciting, thoughtful equal rights movement, began to fracture when those within the movement attacked the "mainstream" feminists like Gloria Steinem.

We really can't have nice things.

by Anonymousreply 230April 12, 2019 5:15 AM

R230 prior to that the feminists were busy kicking out all of the lesbians because they didn't want them to be the face of the women's rights movement.

by Anonymousreply 231April 12, 2019 5:35 AM

SjW are like radical muslins. They are joy killers.

by Anonymousreply 232April 12, 2019 5:46 AM

Goddamn muslin..... always causing trouble!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 233April 12, 2019 5:47 AM

Superstar leader Bradley Manning is getting top service in prison.

He gets better healthcare than a lot of us.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 234April 12, 2019 6:05 AM

That's actually not exactly how it happened, R231. Betty Friedan was certainly homophobic. She felt catering to lesbians and blacks would hurt middle America support. But Friedan was rendered moot during the ERA 1970's.

Steinem was the exact opposite. She would ONLY speak at events if women of color could speak as well. Dorothy Pittman Hughes was a dear friend (look her up, she's awesome). Lesbians began to attack Steinem in 1975 because they weren't getting all their needs met. Look up the Redstockings and their treatment of a Gloria and others who were trying to help them as best she could.

by Anonymousreply 235April 12, 2019 6:11 AM

I wish they'd all move to one state in the US. Just let them take over... South Carolina or something. Like the Mormons in Utah.

That way they won't destroy the mainstream gay community.

by Anonymousreply 236April 12, 2019 6:26 AM

ETTD

Everything Trans Touches Dies

by Anonymousreply 237April 12, 2019 6:27 AM

Boston, Chicago, New York and San Francisco Marathons will allow runners to compete based on self-identified "gender identity."

The Alphabet Soup takes down women's sports

[quote] “We take people at their word,” Boston Athletic Association (BAA) Chief Tom Grilk told National Public Radio. “We register people as they specify themselves to be. Members of the LGBTQ community have had a lot to deal with over the years, and we’d rather not add to that burden.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 238April 12, 2019 6:39 AM

"queer" is such bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 239April 12, 2019 6:41 AM

I just don't understand the language some of these militant SJW use.

I like turn off in 2 seconds flat when they use it.

by Anonymousreply 240April 12, 2019 7:54 AM

[quote]Lesbians began to attack Steinem in 1975 because they weren't getting all their needs met.

They still aren’t, and she’s part of the problem.

Camille Paglia sided with Friedan over Steinem. And after Steinem appeared with a tranny convicted of murder at the Women’s March, that proved she was a fraud.

by Anonymousreply 241April 12, 2019 8:03 AM

R190 you are 100% correct that the root of their anger is they know they can't raise these funds on their own because their cause isn't popular with the general population.

by Anonymousreply 242April 12, 2019 1:42 PM

This thread in particular has convinced me that the queer-trans shit is horrible. I think it was seeing the two-spirit thing added to the alphabet soup that cinched it. It's just too out there (yes, Canada, but whatever).

by Anonymousreply 243April 12, 2019 1:58 PM

I've mentioned this before, but I feel it needs to be repeated:

The two-spirit concept of the Native Americans has been incredibly misconstrued -- it wasn't the exalted status that modern day "queers" promote, rather it was utilized in two, largely negative, ways: first, boys who displayed femme behaviors were raised as girls due to the strict binary conception of the sexes and thus were seen as "lesser" compared to the male warriors that dominated tribal society; second, warriors from enemy tribes, when taken captive, were forced to adopt a female role as a way of punishing them for failing as a man.

by Anonymousreply 244April 12, 2019 2:15 PM

I haven't had a chance to watch this all the way through, but here is Gad Saad's interview with Olympian Ana Paula Henkel regarding trans infiltration of women's sports and other issues. Thought some of the posters here might find it interesting.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 245April 12, 2019 2:18 PM

Thankfully, the sports issue is proving to be the Achilles heel of the trans movement. The vast majority of people can see clearly why it is wrong for men to compete in female sports.

It will be a jumping off point to have further discussion about the fundamentally anti-female and anti-gay nature of the trans movement.

Basically, why should females have to make ANY accommodations just because a male THINKS he is female?

by Anonymousreply 246April 12, 2019 2:27 PM

Laughing my ass over these SJW’s “demands” of Edmonton Pride.

Such entitlement.

by Anonymousreply 247April 12, 2019 2:40 PM

R236 They already took San Fran and Atlanta May be next

by Anonymousreply 248April 12, 2019 2:52 PM

Trans et al, please move to Iowa.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 249April 12, 2019 2:55 PM

London Pride wouldn't do what they were told and just carried on, so the trans-dominated UK Stonewall is huffily backing some miniscule rival event. I fully expect an attack on Pride by Owen Jones in the Guardian at some point. He's a sucker for micro-pressure groups' briefing notes.

by Anonymousreply 250April 12, 2019 5:27 PM

r211 that was my view. They're allowing our community to be destroyed.

You know the "Let's Pretend..." DL threads? LGBs should play "Let's Pretend We're the Metropolitan Museum" with these people. The Balthus works are still up. The alphabet soup moved on to another bowl of outrage.

by Anonymousreply 251April 12, 2019 5:29 PM

Wouldn't it be hilarious to shove a bunch of these SJWs into a Tardis and dump them in Sheridan Square on a night of the 1969 Stonewall riots? These bitches would shrivel into a corner of the park, demanding a 'safe space.' Not a one of them could toss a brick, either.

by Anonymousreply 252April 12, 2019 5:38 PM

A Women of the World conference is being held right now and former gay boi, now HRC stooge, "Sarah" formerly Tim, McBride gets a platform on the stage, as if he weren't a fake-ass, self-serving castrato. Actually, given that only 11% of transgender "women" get the chop, ol' Timmy probably still has his meat and two veg.

Why aren't women who've suffered true injustice based on the fact that they are women outraged that this flamingly-gay, extremely-privileged man now gets to dominate the conversation on women's rights?

Here's "Sarah" back when he could have been a stand-in for Jack on "Will & Grace."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 253April 12, 2019 5:42 PM

I actually think she wasn't all that bad, R253. Shockingly.

by Anonymousreply 254April 12, 2019 5:52 PM

Tim Sarah McBride is not a she. Would you tell a Black person that they must accept a White person as Black because the White feels Black?

Would you tell a Black person that whatever few legal privileges, such as Affirmative Action, they have must be shared with any White that feels Black, despite the White never having been subjected to the systemic racism that afflicts this country?

Then why the fuck do you think that women, who around the world are subjected to sex selected abortion of female fetuses, infanticide, denial of education, #fgm, child marriage, forced marriage, rape, domestic abuse, honor killings, prostitution, trafficking, indentured labour, unequal pay, lack of property rights, lack of freedom of movement, lack of suffrage, lack of reproductive rights, oppression from patriarchal religions, unequal pay, maternity discrimination, should allow men like Tim Sarah to not only speak for them, but also to steal their rights?

At this very moment, states across the US are stealthily passing laws that will change the definition of "sex" to include "gender identity." The Democrat-pushed Equality Act currently in committees in the US House, aims to do that on a federal level.

Not only will women's rights be destroyed, but gay rights as well, because gay rights and women's rights are "on the basis of sex" - no concrete definition of "sex", no legal categories for women and gays.

So, while all of this seems like a bit of snark, the real life implications of the Transgender Lobby and its Clown Car Alphabet Soup, are disastrous for women and gays.

And Trump will win, because the only people listening to women's concerns are the Republicans.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 255April 12, 2019 6:02 PM

R255 you last line is sad but so very true.

by Anonymousreply 256April 12, 2019 6:04 PM

^your

by Anonymousreply 257April 12, 2019 6:04 PM

Totally agree, R255.

by Anonymousreply 258April 12, 2019 6:08 PM

I passed Peak Trans years ago and now am approaching Peak Hetero as well. This is why.

by Anonymousreply 259April 12, 2019 6:09 PM

This is the ultimate wedge issue, and yet the Democrats are blind.

The Democrats on the House Judiciary Committee- Nadler, Cicilline, that twat from Pennsylvania, and then Jayapal from Washington state, behaved disgracefully when the Committee held hearings on the Equality Act earlier this month.

When Julia Beck, a lesbian of intelligence, courage and grace, was testifying before the Committee pleading for the Democrats to understand what changing the definition of "sex' to include "gender identity" would mean for the rights of women and gays, the Democrats acted as if she were akin to a witch.

But the GOP are welcoming lesbians, parents and feminists with open arms. The Heritage Foundation has held a series of forums in which the implications of the Equality Act on women and parents' rights have been discussed sympathetically.

If I didn't know better, I would say it was Putin behind the Transgender Lobby. But one thing is for sure, this issue will further divide us when we need to be united against Trump, McConnell and the horrors that the GOP have inflicted and will inflict on us.

by Anonymousreply 260April 12, 2019 6:12 PM

Still don’t understand why this coalition cannot start its own event. Yes it will probably be smaller and less “well produced” than the original Pride events. But come on start small and grow. And now that Pride is cancelled this is an amazing opportunity to seize the field. All obstacles are NOT insurmountable!!!

by Anonymousreply 261April 12, 2019 6:19 PM

True, r158

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 262April 12, 2019 6:20 PM

R190 and R242 correct me if I'm wrong but the main donors are billionaires like Soros who have blindly jumped on the bandwagon because trans & queer are the latest flavors of the month. I'm sure if all gays and lesbians stopped donations it would make a dent in their coffers but the BIG money is coming from corporations and billionaires with their own specific agendas and don't think for a minute they give a damn how this affects the LGB community.

by Anonymousreply 263April 12, 2019 6:41 PM

The anti-science wing of the left is already too close to the anti-science far right on this, R263. Do we have to bring Soros into it?

My head is spinning.

by Anonymousreply 264April 12, 2019 7:58 PM

George Soros' Open Society does put tens of millions, if not hundreds of millions, internationally, into transgender issues, R264. It's not a secret - Open Society is very open about it (pardon the pun) and proud.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 265April 12, 2019 8:48 PM

Good, that means everyone else on earth doesn't need to donate.

by Anonymousreply 266April 12, 2019 8:55 PM

Here R264: Jennifer Pritzker (a male who identifies as transgender); George Soros; Martine Rothblatt (a male who identifies as transgender and transhumanist); Tim Gill (a gay man); Drummond Pike; Warren and Peter Buffett; Jon Stryker (a gay man); Mark Bonham (a gay man); and Ric Weiland (a deceased gay man whose philanthropy is still LGBT-oriented). Most of these billionaires fund the transgender lobby and organizations through their own organizations, including corporations.

by Anonymousreply 267April 12, 2019 8:58 PM

News story from yesterday on Edmonton Pride being cancelled

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 268April 12, 2019 8:59 PM

R267 bet there is at least 1 closet trans, cross-dresser, tranny chaser or pedo among those supposedly non-trans people you mentioned.

by Anonymousreply 269April 12, 2019 9:01 PM

TRE. Trannies Ruin Everything

by Anonymousreply 270April 12, 2019 9:10 PM

Little Richard is my favorite colored homosexual singer!

by Anonymousreply 271April 12, 2019 9:20 PM

How did we allow ourselves to be mashed together with these nutjobs? These people should be in the car of a mental Heath facility for the way they behave and their expectations. Fuck off, is what they would have been told a few years ago, let alone in the Stonewall era. Political correctness run amok. We've allowed our idenenty, our parade, and our rights to be taken over by nutjobs. Now everyone loses. GAY AND LESBIAN PARADE. YOURE NOT INVITED.

by Anonymousreply 272April 12, 2019 9:28 PM

Gay pride events are to celebrate ourselves. These messes want an event to hate others. It doesn't mesh.

by Anonymousreply 273April 12, 2019 9:31 PM

R218 true and most of the trans murdered are murdered by.... Black men, they don't talk about that either

Extreme liberalism is just as sick and toxic as extreme conservatism, which I figured everyone knew already

by Anonymousreply 274April 12, 2019 9:38 PM

This supposedly shows how the trans movement is funded.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 275April 12, 2019 9:55 PM

I thought the police and military were already banned from most Prides, isn't that one of the demands these groups in Edmonton have?

by Anonymousreply 276April 12, 2019 10:13 PM

[quote]Little Richard is my favorite colored homosexual singer! —Mamie Easinhower

He’s good, but he’s no Johnny Mathis.

by Anonymousreply 277April 12, 2019 10:16 PM

Oh my stars !!! Johnny Mathis is colored ??? I never knew? And he is a homosexual? I'd better call Inez Perkins now she is sponsorIing the DAR " Spring Fling " at her summer home at the beach. She plans to play his records on her huge Magnavox console stereo while drinks are served!

by Anonymousreply 278April 12, 2019 10:36 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 279April 12, 2019 10:44 PM

The pride parade in Auckland, New Zealand was cancelled because of similar lameness from trans persons whining about the police participating.

by Anonymousreply 280April 12, 2019 11:58 PM

I mean, why are police/military participating in pride anyway, R280? Most people hate them.

by Anonymousreply 281April 13, 2019 12:02 AM

There are plenty of LGB who are police/military.

by Anonymousreply 282April 13, 2019 12:04 AM

Yes, R282, but they don't have to march in uniform. I think that's issue some of the people have with the police participating.

by Anonymousreply 283April 13, 2019 12:06 AM

Why wouldn’t they? Let people see that, unlike the stereotype, there are some gay cops and military. The uniform drives the point home.

by Anonymousreply 284April 13, 2019 12:12 AM

I'd rather see a hot gay police officer or military person smiling and having fun at Pride, than some simpy queen screeching in my ear about oppression.

by Anonymousreply 285April 13, 2019 12:17 AM

R284, the problem is that a lot of people don't feel safe around cops and military in uniform.

by Anonymousreply 286April 13, 2019 12:19 AM

Well they can go live in a country with no cops and military. A civilized country has cops and military. Or stay home.

by Anonymousreply 287April 13, 2019 12:40 AM

R274 that codes liberal racism I see and these queer PoC fight on you and Ts behalf. Ungrateful

by Anonymousreply 288April 13, 2019 12:51 AM

What if these types tried this with NYC Pride?

by Anonymousreply 289April 13, 2019 12:52 AM

It has been a problem in gay politics that outliers try to take over an already existing outfit rather than start one of their own, and some members of the original group are afraid to reject them.

ACT UP was attacked in this way. Suddenly, people you had never seen before at meetings would demand that the org. take up women's rights or racial civil rights, though these had nothing to do with the fight to conquer AIDS and homophobia.

They should have been thrown out on their ear, but too many were fearful. The enemy is not smart or helpful, but it is very, very angry, and a lot of the members--who were courageous when it came to standing up to cops and politicians--just caved.

It was as if strangers just walked into your home and took over.

by Anonymousreply 290April 13, 2019 12:53 AM

WTF is the word salad at r288?

by Anonymousreply 291April 13, 2019 12:53 AM

R281 Not most people.

by Anonymousreply 292April 13, 2019 12:57 AM

I wonder how many more signatures the "Drop the T" petition would get if it were circulated today.

by Anonymousreply 293April 13, 2019 2:54 AM

r293 consider "Drop the T" didn't even go well within the right wing LGBT subreddit, I guess many still have a strong passive support for trans. But something has to give eventually.

by Anonymousreply 294April 13, 2019 3:06 AM

This cannot be the only place where people voice their opposition to this madness.

by Anonymousreply 295April 13, 2019 3:08 AM

R294 they're more likely to be trans on that sub than gay.

by Anonymousreply 296April 13, 2019 3:12 AM

A gay cop. Is there nothing sacred? For all we know he could be in there kissing a suspect!

by Anonymousreply 297April 13, 2019 3:15 AM

There is place to voice your opposition - Go to the "LGB Drop the T" sub Reddit and start posting there. The current posters are great, but it needs YOU, R293, R295, and all of you.

We complain about not being able to have this discussion here, so go there when you want to talk. And be informed - lots of good information.

The Gender Critical (TERF) sub Reddit went from a few thousand subscribers last year to more than 30,000 this year, with a few hundred joining every couple of days, and the wimmin are starting to organize. That's what needs to happen to the "LGB Drop the T" sub Reddit. If more people post, more people will subscribe. This needs to happen.

Many lesbians have abandoned lgbTQ, but are far from inactive - they are joining WoLF (the TERF feminist org), starting lesbian orgs and publications, and protesting at Prides.

The dykes are fearless about tackling the Transgender Lobby, gay men need to be too.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 298April 13, 2019 3:17 AM

I don't get the opposition to police.

They protect you from gay bashers.

The only reason they are "hated" is because they arrest prostitutes or did so when it wasn't legal. Guess what? If you get a REAL job, you won't be arrested for being a hooker.

by Anonymousreply 299April 13, 2019 3:17 AM

Fuck the hookers figuratively.

by Anonymousreply 300April 13, 2019 3:18 AM

[quote]The only reason they are "hated" is because they arrest prostitutes or did so when it wasn't legal. Guess what? If you get a REAL job, you won't be arrested for being a hooker.

Seriously? I didn't know that. But now that I know most of the trans who are killed are prostitutes it makes sense.

by Anonymousreply 301April 13, 2019 3:19 AM

Why else would people hate them, even after they attempted to apologize for past activities, which was OF COURSE protested by queer POC trans everything including the kitchen sink idiots.

by Anonymousreply 302April 13, 2019 3:22 AM

R294 - there is a new sub Reddit specifically aimed at LGBs who are fed up with the T and the rest of the Soup - see the link at R298

If everyone who moans on here supports the new sub Reddit, there's the potential to change this bullshit because gay orgs will have to notice that gays are organizing to oppose the Gender Warriors.

And seriously, the backlash will blame the gays, so the only people who can stop the madness are gays. Lesbians are on it; it's time for gay men to join the fray.

by Anonymousreply 303April 13, 2019 3:23 AM

Pride marches are tacky and dates. They only advance tired cliches. Muscle Marys, Frumpy Queers, Butch Scary Lesbians, Oversexualised Gays and Lesbian, Faggy Twinks.

by Anonymousreply 304April 13, 2019 3:29 AM

Which gays would you rather see, R304?

by Anonymousreply 305April 13, 2019 3:31 AM

What "kind" of gay are you R304?

Giant bug-eyed douche in a button-up shirt who hits on every swinging dick in sight? May as well be trans.

by Anonymousreply 306April 13, 2019 3:38 AM

No cops or military uniforms unless they’re The Village People.

by Anonymousreply 307April 13, 2019 3:43 AM

Joined the Drop the T sub reddit.

by Anonymousreply 308April 13, 2019 3:50 AM

G O A L Gay Officers Action League has been marching in Pride parades for years. Now people have a problem with gay and lesbian cops?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 309April 13, 2019 3:59 AM

R309 Exactly, and whats the problem with the military, one of the biggest fights and successes in gay rights history was gaining the right to serve openly in the military.

by Anonymousreply 310April 13, 2019 4:01 AM

Please post on the Drop the T sub Reddit at R298, too, R308. The sub Reddit has excellent content, but it needs more.

The Gender Critical sub Reddit exploded within the last year, both in numbers and content, and it's really helped organize women from all over the world who were questioning why suddenly the rights of men-who-claim-to-be-women are more important than those of women.

What I'm most worried about is that by the time most people, much less most gays, wake up, our rights will be gone, as will free speech and reality in science, as opposed to #TransBiologyFeelz that even respected publications like Scientific American and Nature are suddenly spouting.

by Anonymousreply 311April 13, 2019 4:04 AM

[quote]No cops or military uniforms unless they’re The Village People.

That's what THEY would want.

Yes to police officers marching, Yes to military marching. IN uniform and not as some homophobic joke like the village people.

by Anonymousreply 312April 13, 2019 4:18 AM

Even in my fly over city, there are gay and lesbian police officers who do outreach with the gay and lesbian community. Those people should be excluded? Fuck that. It is time to split off and do a Gay, Bi and Lesbian parade. Let these losers fund their own demands and parades.

by Anonymousreply 313April 13, 2019 4:54 AM

Could we sue these groups for abandoning gays and lesbians? I think someone could find a legal angle.

by Anonymousreply 314April 13, 2019 4:56 AM

THIS is out of control!

by Anonymousreply 315April 13, 2019 5:24 AM

You have my solemn promise that Ts of either gender are safer with me than with a 99-year-old nun on a respirator, R281.

by Anonymousreply 316April 13, 2019 5:36 AM

Melbourne Pride March, not so long ago. But it could be 1978, 1984, 1993, 2014 - always the same tired cliches, that gay equals hypersexual.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 317April 13, 2019 6:07 AM

Grey fag dressed up as a nun...........check!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 318April 13, 2019 6:08 AM

Ice Queen, sexing the cherry...............check!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 319April 13, 2019 6:09 AM

Fags in Speedos (cause it's all about dick).......................check!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 320April 13, 2019 6:11 AM

Most Pride marches seem to be stuck in an 80s / 90s aesthetic.

by Anonymousreply 321April 13, 2019 6:15 AM

[quote]Grey fag dressed up as a nun...........check!

At least he isn't a tranny i.e. hooker.

Or some FTM that needs an iron pipe to the cunt.

What's the point of that?

by Anonymousreply 322April 13, 2019 6:16 AM

[quote]cause it's all about dick

I'm sorry you're weak and need a man around to lift shit for you?

by Anonymousreply 323April 13, 2019 6:19 AM

Has anyone noticed that these (very legitimate, very timely) threads seems to be surviving longer and longer? Muriel peaked?

Also r320 there is a blatant display of the male body because we are gay men and that is what we WANT. I assume you're also criticism the frankly gratuitous displays of serialized females that our heterosexual counterparts flood literally every other medium with. If gay men ran all sports then (almost) all the cheerleaders would be male cheerleaders with little clothing and that's OKAY.

by Anonymousreply 324April 13, 2019 6:22 AM

[quote]Grey fag dressed up as a nun..

As opposed to Asian tom boy thinks she's a man until she attempts to work out? LOL

Fuckin sad and in the way.

by Anonymousreply 325April 13, 2019 6:29 AM

r324 criticizing not criticism and sexualized not serialized. When the laptop is projecting onto the TV I NEED my glasses, but I never want to go get them.

by Anonymousreply 326April 13, 2019 6:38 AM

Why are we gays discriminating against our fellow gays in the police and military?

I don't get how we change organisation's perceptions of gays if we don't engage with them.

All this baloney about not feeling safe. If you don't feel safe, go and join these organisations and change them for the better.

by Anonymousreply 327April 13, 2019 6:43 AM

[quote]the problem is that a lot of people don't feel safe around cops and military in uniform.

There have been instances of police and military folk attacking people at pride, has there? Or is this imaginary fear formed by mental illness that everyone else must tip toe around?

by Anonymousreply 328April 13, 2019 7:16 AM

Go fuck yourself, r320 et al. Pridefest has always been outrageous-a place to go and be your most outrageous self because every other week of the year you were put in a repressive box. I wouldn't be caught dead wearing any of that in public, but I support those who do. And so do the hundreds of thousands of others who show up for pride.

How many do you think will show up for your poetry circle of Lamentations?

by Anonymousreply 329April 13, 2019 7:37 AM

R329 I think these Pride events do more damage then good. It's a very public 'gay' event, and in a way, a marketing event to the rest of society that this is what being gay is about. It's sad. Tired. It keeps a lot of gay and lesbians in the closet, because saying they gay gets them associated with being perverse, flamboyant, and or hypersexual.

As has been said before, 'this is why they hate us.'

by Anonymousreply 330April 13, 2019 8:42 AM

We're broad community.

I don't think a few feather boas and leather chaps are going to debase our equality struggle. It's a fun event after all.

Those who want to deliver a political message can do.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 331April 13, 2019 9:06 AM

R310, I’m only in my 30s, I served in the closet and it was terrible. My personal experience. I knew others who got by better. But some of the young activists don’t know what a big fucking deal it is for out service people to march in public. Crazy.

Years ago I bought a few books about Stonewall and gay history. I’m gonna finally read them. The updated versions are probably trans washed!

We should have just stuck with gay and lesbian. We all know it. Autogynephiles have a weird fetish where part of the fetish is validation from third parties—a recipe for disaster.

And I’ve subbed to those subreddits, including the rightwinglgbt one. It’s the only gay board the trans don’t control. So many IT nerds are trans so they are often moderators on boards.

by Anonymousreply 332April 13, 2019 11:55 AM

This is what you get for trying to make gay rights into a partisan cause.

by Anonymousreply 333April 13, 2019 11:58 AM

R312, someone should hold an event where they do the complete opposite of their demands.

R333 is correct. As far as I’m concerned I owe no party my vote. I’m all about the individual and both the left and right are more about collectives. At least on the right they collectivize by ideology. On the left they’re falling down the same rabbit holes that have hurt China and Russia!

by Anonymousreply 334April 13, 2019 12:02 PM

Maybe we’re just tired of hypocritical sanctimonious bullshit from the same gay white gentile men who enabled this state of affairs.

[quote]On the left they’re falling down the same rabbit holes that have hurt China and Russia!

That was the plan all along. There is Russian collusion, but it is decidedly not from the GOP. Do Democrats really expect us to forget all the years they spent downplaying the threat of Communist imperialism all the years the USSR existed? Do they think we’re stupid? If that’s not psychological projection then psychology is quackery.

by Anonymousreply 335April 13, 2019 12:11 PM

This is what all this comes down to really, see R334 admiring right wing lock step thinking, you sour old queens are basically right wing or at least conservative adjacent and I imagine a lot of you are not even comfortable attending gay events anyway, it's just another excuse to parade your hatred of 'transcult'/sjw/kids on my lawn. There were old queens when I was young as bitter as you lot sound because their time had passed . I'm an old queen now too, but not sour about it, I've had my turn and did the best I could with it, no regrets, it's now the young of today's turn and what they do with it is none of my business.

by Anonymousreply 336April 13, 2019 12:12 PM

R330 - no, they hate you because you have sex with and fall in love with persons of the same sex. They will hate you whether you wear a feather boa, chaps or golf trousers and a cardigan. You might not give them reason to say it to your face or shun you in public but they’ll be doing it behind your back, make no mistake.

They go for the most obvious ones first. But, they’ll come for you eventually.

by Anonymousreply 337April 13, 2019 12:14 PM

“Right wing” is just a Communist buzzword for “not a terrorist-loving, gay-mutilating, wealth-stealing job-killing asshole.”

by Anonymousreply 338April 13, 2019 12:33 PM

Slaveocrats hate gays more because they’re the ones actively collaborating with Big Pharma to erase gay people and call that progress by replacing “Jesus” with “g*nd*r.”

by Anonymousreply 339April 13, 2019 12:34 PM

There is no wing of American politics that supports gays exclusively. Still, you all need to open your eyes to the fact that it is not 1992 anymore. The GOP had an openly gay man as a keynote speaker at its last convention.

by Anonymousreply 340April 13, 2019 12:37 PM

Good point, R340. Also, who is more likely to start a "joke" thread with this title because they believe in 2019 that they are still "oppressed" males: Democrats or Republicans?

Man arrested for flinging child off 3rd floor balcony at the Mall of America

by Anonymousreply 341April 13, 2019 12:40 PM

Replace the wings with open or closed minded. You closed minded queens who are always on the moan about your various hates always chime with the established status quo of knowing your place., you're the type to form an orderly queue to the detainment camp.

by Anonymousreply 342April 13, 2019 3:01 PM

When will these snowflakes start saying their dogs and cats are trans? Wouldn't the same things they are claiming apply to animals also?

Scary times we are living in. Gay men and lesbians, stay strong. Remember these people would try to convince you that you are trans if you were younger and more naive. They are not your friend.

by Anonymousreply 343April 13, 2019 3:08 PM

Nor are you R343

by Anonymousreply 344April 13, 2019 3:12 PM

Trans...Russians....Milo....Church goers....vegans....SJWs......Facebook...they are all the same r344

What are you R344? A Russian Troll or a Trans Troll? We know you can't be both. From your sourness, I would bet that you are man pretending to be a woman.

by Anonymousreply 345April 13, 2019 3:38 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 346April 13, 2019 3:45 PM

R345 I'm a gay man up in years and happy with my life, not threatened by trans or millennials or any of the other things that seem to keep you awake at night You are either a bitter closet case or a shit stirring interloper.

by Anonymousreply 347April 13, 2019 3:49 PM

The T is demonic

by Anonymousreply 348April 13, 2019 3:52 PM

r347, are you not concerned about gay and lesbian youth being mis-identified as trans by parents/health professional and being physically and emotional damaged by it? Are you not concerned about resources meant to benefit gay men and lesbians of all ages being reallocated for straight men with a sexual fetish? Are you not concerned about gay and lesbian history being re-written to emphasize the minimal and possibly nonexistent participation of trans individuals (who themselves may be having their own identity reclassified, despite everything they may have said during their lives)? Are you not concerned about the very definition of biological sex being legally redrawn such that sexual orientation no longer exists as a legal concept?

by Anonymousreply 349April 13, 2019 3:57 PM

Apparently not. The Left hates Republicans more than it loves gay people. It still fetishizes hetero male mass murderers such as Stalin and Castro and downplays the homophobia of Communist countries.

by Anonymousreply 350April 13, 2019 4:00 PM

Don’t be fooled by Mariela Castro invoking The Acronym That Ate Homosexuality to cover up her father and uncle’s war crimes. They’re just as homophobic as ever, and trans is a weapon of war against homosexuality that provides a façade of tolerance to cover up the reality of its inherent bigotry against women and gay men.

by Anonymousreply 351April 13, 2019 4:02 PM

THIS same situation happened in my city. Not full on canceled, however, The queer/trans/POC rallied to get police removed from pride altogether and they protest/hold up the parade every year. Two years going now. Major conflict. So the super left is now fighting the left, on top of everything else.

by Anonymousreply 352April 13, 2019 4:17 PM

R349 None of that concerns me. It literally doesn't concern me and I don't buy into your paranoia that trans is some kind of plague that will wipe out gay. I believe people like you have an all round unpleasant agenda and the trans bashing is merely part of that and an easy target. This is all about your hatred of 'the left'

by Anonymousreply 353April 13, 2019 4:19 PM

R350, spit on

by Anonymousreply 354April 13, 2019 4:21 PM

[quote]Are you not concerned about the very definition of biological sex being legally redrawn such that sexual orientation no longer exists as a legal concept?

They won’t get it until it’s gone r349. It’s going to take us losing our rights for them to wake up.

by Anonymousreply 355April 13, 2019 4:22 PM

You guys have a reactionary agenda, the world is changing, you don't like it, feel threatened by it, sucks to be you.

by Anonymousreply 356April 13, 2019 4:29 PM

Pay attention now, R349. R347/R353 has made himself very clear. He couldn't care less about women, kids and many gay people. Do you want to be on his team? Do you want him on your team?

Do you really think his politics matches your values? Lots of us are in the process of reevaluating our relationship to the community of R347s.

by Anonymousreply 357April 13, 2019 4:29 PM

R356 is ecstatic that Pride gets to be cancelled, because he'd rather see the trannies be happy (which will never happen) than gay people in a conservative area having fun.

by Anonymousreply 358April 13, 2019 4:32 PM

I've made myself clear R357 but you've 'interpreted' me via your reactionary anti modern agenda, I certainly wouldn't want to be anywhere near a 'team' you fitted into or anyone like you. You can stick with the reactionaries and closet cases. that's your team. By the way R358 'gay people in a conservative area having fun' is an oxymoron

by Anonymousreply 359April 13, 2019 4:34 PM

Let me guess.... you live in a liberal bubble.

by Anonymousreply 360April 13, 2019 4:35 PM

R356, hates gays. You’re reactionary

by Anonymousreply 361April 13, 2019 4:37 PM

The worst part about the Equality Act and the similar state legislation that will change the definition of "sex" to include "gender identity" is that it's being pushed by (obviously criminally stupid) gay lawmakers.

Fucking morons, Scott Wiener, Toni Atkins in California, responsible for the "Throw Granny Under the Tranny" bill, Equality Act author, David Cicilline (D-Rhode Island), and other gay lawmakers, proudly claim that they represent the lgbTQ.

And the other worst part is that other lawmakers are terrified to vote against something called the Equality Act, and / or piss off the GAY community, because they are under the misapprehension that it's the GAY community that wants the act passed.

Which is why GAYS need to be vocal: no changing any definitions of "sex" to include "gender identity."

And also, if you really want to save gay rights, get out there and be vocal about saving women's spaces. Because women across the world are starting to push back, and if it looks like its the GAY community making them unsafe, then GAYS will be blamed.

British male gays are out there fighting for women's rights, partially because they know the backlash will engulf them, it's time other male gays do too.

Right now, there's school bathroom stand-offs springing up around the US, some are already court cases. This will be a legal war, and if gays are perceived to be forcing the young, just beginning to menstruate girls of America to share intimate spaces with boys, well, gays will lose. So act.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 362April 13, 2019 4:38 PM

I doubt you are even gay R361 and if you are I bet you are closeted.

by Anonymousreply 363April 13, 2019 4:42 PM

[quote] 'gay people in a conservative area having fun' is an oxymoron

Not everyone has the means to, or desire to, live in WeHo or Hell's Kitchen.

Perhaps, just perhaps, there are gay kids growing up in small towns in Alberta where Edmonton is the closest major city. And perhaps, just perhaps, Pride is as important to them as it was to so many of us in the past. We all have had our own journey.

You don't get to stamp your feet and ruin things for everyone just because you don't get your way. That's not how it works and you're not 5 years old (and by admission, R336 et al is WELL north of that). Maybe reflect back on when you were a fresh young gayling and what Pride meant to you. Now think of how it would have played out if that option wasn't there to begin with.

by Anonymousreply 364April 13, 2019 4:42 PM

R363 I bet you're a tranny.

by Anonymousreply 365April 13, 2019 4:43 PM

I bet you'd want to fuck me if I was one R365 Let's face it , your trans fixation is totally unhealthy

by Anonymousreply 366April 13, 2019 4:45 PM

R366, bingo! So, you are trans! You sure don't talk like any "elder gay" I know. Why do you hide?

For once, stop pretending to be gay and just say you support these laws because you are in fact trans.

by Anonymousreply 367April 13, 2019 4:48 PM

Can't remember if I posted this:

A list of PRIDEs worldwide that will be centering Transgenders

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 368April 13, 2019 4:49 PM

It's not 1950 R364 nobody has to be a silent sad case these days, the internet has revolutionized gay life, we know from an early age we are not alone in the way we oldsters thought we were, this is true of even the smallest towns. You ask me to think back to my first Pride events, they were highly political then in a way that would be offensive to the naysayers here today. It has only been in fairly recent times that Pride has been more a fiesta/celebration, in my day it was much more rights based.

by Anonymousreply 369April 13, 2019 4:51 PM

R367 you don't know any gays at all , you're just here to bang on about trans all the time because you are fascinated by them.

by Anonymousreply 370April 13, 2019 4:54 PM

I just love that R369, despite being an old fart, knows how it is for young people in conservative areas these days.

by Anonymousreply 371April 13, 2019 4:55 PM

At first, it was "being gay and having fun in a conservative area is an oxymoron" and then it transitioned (SEE WHAT I DID THERE) to "the internet has revolutionized gay life and we're not alone even in small towns". HA!

by Anonymousreply 372April 13, 2019 4:56 PM

And yet gays are being defined out of legal existence, R369, and gay rights, lost, because of the Transgender Lobby, shamelessly using money donated for LGB rights.

You really are a patsy, R369.

by Anonymousreply 373April 13, 2019 4:56 PM

R349 turns out R347 is actually trans but pretending to be an "elder gay".

by Anonymousreply 374April 13, 2019 4:58 PM

[quote]Why do you hide?

To be T is to be deceptive.

To be deceptive is to be shameful.

Shame is the opposite of acceptance.

Pride is the extension of acceptance.

GL & TQ are diametrically opposed...as binary as bio sex, whose immutable existence we do not deny.

Pride is for GLs. Bring back Gay Pride. Support Gay Rights. We are still being denied our human rights...yet HRC & GLAAD focus on TQ exclusively now.

Gay, Inc is hostile to gays.

by Anonymousreply 375April 13, 2019 5:08 PM

You are pathetic R374 You won't get any rise out of me, you are someone I would avoid in public life, there is no need for me to waste my time dealing with a loser like you here.

by Anonymousreply 376April 13, 2019 5:08 PM

I should hope so, R374. I no longer trust any gay man that puts the needs of other people (who wouldn't piss on him if he were on fire) above his own and for anyone else like him, only because he was told to do it for "woke" points.

by Anonymousreply 377April 13, 2019 5:11 PM

True, R375.

by Anonymousreply 378April 13, 2019 5:11 PM

Like you old miseries have ever been to a Pride event, or supported gay causes in any way, this thread reeks of the closet.

by Anonymousreply 379April 13, 2019 5:14 PM

But aren't you "up in years", too, R379?

by Anonymousreply 380April 13, 2019 5:17 PM

Well, if you want to assume that, R379, feel free. I won't call the police on you, this isn't Humberside in the UK.

I will, however, in turn assume that you're an angry Trans, perhaps "of color", who is absolutely thrilled about what's going on in Edmonton, because your ilk didn't get your list of demands met, and more importantly, didn't get the $$$$$$$$$$$ you sought from those 'rich white gays'.

by Anonymousreply 381April 13, 2019 5:18 PM

I am indeed R379 I may be older but I'm not a misery or a closet case and still enjoy life you lot are just past it and hate life. for an example of what bitterness sounds like peek at the demented ravings of R381

by Anonymousreply 382April 13, 2019 5:21 PM

You're so woke, R382. Be proud.

by Anonymousreply 383April 13, 2019 5:22 PM

R382, well said! What's your preferred pronouns, granddaddy?

by Anonymousreply 384April 13, 2019 5:26 PM

Don't have one R384 that's the type of stuff you' get off my lawn' types obsess over.

by Anonymousreply 385April 13, 2019 5:28 PM

Whatever you say, R385. Rock on, grandtranny!!

by Anonymousreply 386April 13, 2019 5:30 PM

Is that reactionary comedy R386? very poor, your obsessions reveal you to be a strange and probably very unhappy person.

by Anonymousreply 387April 13, 2019 5:32 PM

R379 is wrong again. I’ve been out & active since the 1990s.

by Anonymousreply 388April 13, 2019 5:36 PM

Strange, R387. You wrote the post at R353 and R366.

by Anonymousreply 389April 13, 2019 5:38 PM

Actively hateful R338 ?

by Anonymousreply 390April 13, 2019 5:38 PM

R387 is R379

by Anonymousreply 391April 13, 2019 5:39 PM

You'll have to explain what it is you find so Aha! about that R391

by Anonymousreply 392April 13, 2019 5:40 PM

R392 maybe R391 is trying to point out that its odd for R387/R379 to be calling anyone "strange" or "unhappy" based on "their" posting history in this thread.

by Anonymousreply 393April 13, 2019 5:42 PM

R353: "It literally doesn't concern me"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 394April 13, 2019 5:43 PM

Then they are failing R393

by Anonymousreply 395April 13, 2019 5:43 PM

R395, say something nice...about anything other than yourself.

Prove you’re not misanthropic, homophobic &/or misogynist.

by Anonymousreply 396April 13, 2019 5:46 PM

It'll probably be about AOC, R396.

by Anonymousreply 397April 13, 2019 5:47 PM

Meh, r397...I think it’d be about zhir lady stick.

by Anonymousreply 398April 13, 2019 5:48 PM

[quote]You guys have a reactionary agenda

Almost everything the Q---whatevers are doing is reactionary, but reactionary to things that don't even have to do with them or already include them anyway.

[quote]the world is changing, you don't like it, feel threatened by it, sucks to be you.

What sucks is the list of demands created by a group of people who haven't raised a finger to do anything but point the blame at others for their own lack of action and inability to take initiative.

The world is their scapegoat, I guess.

by Anonymousreply 399April 13, 2019 5:51 PM

I thought you resented being ordered to do things R396, doesn't that smack of the entitled progressives you so dislike ? I realise my opinion has no more chance of changing your minds than yours does mine, but it can't do you any harm to have a break from your echo chamber sharing jokes about AOC, wokeness and other buzzwords you get a frisson from. Perhaps you prefer to be unchallenged.

by Anonymousreply 400April 13, 2019 5:52 PM

Progressives are the ones that don't like to be challenged.

by Anonymousreply 401April 13, 2019 5:54 PM

r375 there are Gs and Ls still being killed and imprisoned around the world. Hell there are Gs and Ls being kicked out and homeless here. Yet we focus on the absurdity of Ts, Qs, and IAs, XYZ123, and everything Tumblr in-between. Those people are hardly threatened as much as GLs and sometimes the B (if they don't hide behind the opposite sex)

by Anonymousreply 402April 13, 2019 5:55 PM

The sensitive souls, so offended by progressives, posting here tell a different story R401

by Anonymousreply 403April 13, 2019 5:56 PM

Nah it's just you that is so sensitive that we aren't cheering that a pride parade got destroyed because some QTBIPOCs didn't get what they wanted.

by Anonymousreply 404April 13, 2019 5:58 PM

R400, do you have anything nice to say about gays & lesbians?

I’m just curious. Don’t be so paranoid.

by Anonymousreply 405April 13, 2019 5:59 PM

R336 and R342, if only you were half as interesting as you long to be. No wonder you are so keen on role-playing as if you’re part of the French resistance—you’re lame! You have no personality so you pretend to be “queer” or NB. It would be funny if it weren’t so sad. I’m gonna vote for Trump 2020 just to spite you! You want to be oppressed so bad? You SJWs are spineless losers and you’re the first ones to run to the Government or the Principal/Dean/Media because you can’t back up your own deluded arguments with anything resembling facts. But you are living, breathing, salt mines and we here at DL, Inc thank you for that.

by Anonymousreply 406April 13, 2019 6:04 PM

For someone who claims to not be "concerned" about the issue, a certain someone has felt the urge to post over 20 times on this thread in the past hour.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 407April 13, 2019 6:06 PM

R406, it is true that they run to the cops when they get misgendered or deadname.

Yet they don’t want cops at Pride because they’re so dangerous.

🧐

by Anonymousreply 408April 13, 2019 6:07 PM

This, like most things, is so simple to solve. QRSTUVWXYZ: DO IT YOURSELF!

Then you all can make any and all agenda items your hearts desire!

I wish you nothing but good luck.

by Anonymousreply 409April 13, 2019 6:22 PM

Does anyone remember when and how the B was added to the LG? Really, if you're straight today, you don't need a gay rights group. If you're gay today, there it is.

Not to derail, but I've been wondering. And no, I don't trust bi people.

by Anonymousreply 410April 13, 2019 6:23 PM

R396 and other , I'm actually nowhere near the woke merchant you guys think, I am fully aware of the absurdity of some of the extremes going on in sexual politics presently, I just think it is a consequence of the times we live in. The advances in rights such as gay marriage shifted the dial so that the previously unheard got the chance of a voice, the fact that voice can sometimes be shrill and annoying is an unfortunate result of the place it is coming from. It's a teenage voice. It's the same place any newly focused upon group has, gay rights were in that place at one time. I can understand why some people feel resentment at trans being lumped in with gay but sadly we are seen by the majority as sexual misfits and all of a kind. It worked for us as a safety in numbers thing at first, that tradition has led to the alphabet LGBTQetc we have today, which is of course a right daft mouthful to those of us from before. I don't share the view that the trans movement is a threat, but can see why the resentment exists as gay rights just seemed to peak and the attention baton was handed elsewhere. I have a more benign view of the trans movement absurdities, I don't see it as a thin ended wedge that will eradicate being gay, trans people have always existed, there was one in the small town I grew up in in the 70s, so it is an issue that we have not really addressed before. Where everything goes to shit is the definite bandwagon jumping that happens from those wanting to appear cool, very annoying, but an unfortunate inevitability of our age of social media. I can heartily share your disgust at the latter, but I try not to let that taint the real issues underneath.

by Anonymousreply 411April 13, 2019 6:25 PM

an EST and TL;DR award may be in your future R411

by Anonymousreply 412April 13, 2019 6:28 PM

I want it now! R412

by Anonymousreply 413April 13, 2019 6:29 PM

I guess it depends on your view of Pride.

Is it a march demonstrating for rights or just an excuse to have a bloody good time and have some fun.

by Anonymousreply 414April 13, 2019 6:42 PM

"QTBIPoCs" are not interested in 'fun'.

by Anonymousreply 415April 13, 2019 6:44 PM

I was just ruminating on this: The passage of the Equality Act and all the state legislation that this gay billionaire (last name Gill) is funding to change "sex'" to include "gender identity" leaves a huge hole that the Far Right can drive right through to turn back gay rights.

Think about it: this legislation, some already passed on the local level, allows a 15-year-old, heterosexual girl, as femme as they come, without undergoing any kind of reassignment treatment, to LARP as a gay man, and no one can say that she isn't a gay man because her "gender identity" legally trumps reality.

So despite the fact that your concerns as a gay man, your lived experience as a gay man, your biology as a gay man, differ greatly from a heterosexual female, she is a gay man too under the law. How can gays be protected when anyone can claim to be gay?

Beyond that, gay rights are legally defined "on the basis of sex" - if there is no concrete definition of "sex" how can there be laws and rulings based on the basis of sex be valid?

by Anonymousreply 416April 13, 2019 6:46 PM

I can't remember when I actually demonstrated at a Pride event here in the UK. Maybe around 1993 something like that.

by Anonymousreply 417April 13, 2019 6:53 PM

This old fuck, whatever he is (or isn't) is the enemy. And if that sounds reactionary and paranoid, well, guess what- that's where we've been pushed.

If you support trans, then you are against gays, lesbians and women. They are the ONLY minority who want to take away the rights of others in order to secure their own. It doesn't have to be that way. They could get whatever they need without infringing upon the rights of others. But they don't. And if you can't see that, then you have no right to call yourself one of us. Trans are the enemy and if you support them, then so are you.

End of story, there's no gray area.

by Anonymousreply 418April 13, 2019 6:54 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 419April 13, 2019 6:56 PM

Most old-school transsexuals, the ones with genuine dysphoria who just wanted to get on with their lives, aren't the enemy, R418

It's the autogynephiles, heterosexual (attracted to women) males who have hijacked the gay rights movement and turned it into the Alphabet Soup Clown Car in order to gain numbers, who are the foe of gays.

These straight men get sexually turned on by the thought of being women, and sometimes also by humiliating women by stealing their tampons, or entering their spaces and showing off their penises. Those are straight-up Men's Rights Activists in a different form, and they're the ones who are using gay $$$, gay hard work and gay goodwill to pass laws that will destroy gays.

by Anonymousreply 420April 13, 2019 6:59 PM

As a college teacher, I agree that there are people who are genuinely trans, but there are also people who are NPD cases or BPD cases that are claiming to be trans to get attention and scream at people.

I have many students who are genuinely trans (they genuinely feel gender dysphoria and it becomes apparent in about ten minutes when you talk to them), and they are almost always genuinely good people, though sometimes a bit messed up because they are sometimes so confused and have been treated badly by life.

There are also kids who want to claim a trans identity only because they love social justice activism and claim attention and authority, and because if anyone contradicts them on anything they will scream "TRANSPHOBIA!" (The other teachers and I call them TUGs: "Trans Until Graduation," though the really narcissistic ones like Jacob Tobia or Stefonknee will keep it going as adults). They are the ones who get the headlines and make life miserable for everyone.

by Anonymousreply 421April 13, 2019 7:04 PM

I'd never want to call myself one of whatever you are R418 , as you said you are paranoid and reactionary.

by Anonymousreply 422April 13, 2019 7:04 PM

[quote] Most old-school transsexuals, the ones with genuine dysphoria who just wanted to get on with their lives, aren't the enemy, [R418]

I would think it obvious that I do not count them. They are transsexuals, not transgender. Transsexuals have been around forever with no threat to gays, lesbians or women. I did not feel this way 10 years ago because I had no reason to. This has to do with GENDER, not sex.

by Anonymousreply 423April 13, 2019 7:05 PM

R420 Even the old school ones have a tendency to become tiresome. I had to unfriend one on Facebook because she was constantly bitching and moaning (almost on an hourly basis) about her job and everything else and her family would occasionally comment on her rants and expose as her as a fucking liar. It was funny for a while until it wasn't. People who spew negativity and misery everywhere they go are toxic and I'm not interested.

by Anonymousreply 424April 13, 2019 7:05 PM

[quote] I'd never want to call myself one of whatever you are [R418] , as you said you are paranoid and reactionary.

No one cares. Your input isn't welcome here and you've been dismissed.

by Anonymousreply 425April 13, 2019 7:06 PM

[quote] I have many students who are genuinely trans (they genuinely feel gender dysphoria and it becomes apparent in about ten minutes when you talk to them), and they are almost always genuinely good people, though sometimes a bit messed up because they are sometimes so confused and have been treated badly by life.

Where do you teach that you have this plethora of *genuine* trans? Narnia? Atlantis?

by Anonymousreply 426April 13, 2019 7:08 PM

R410 It is people like you, who keep bisexuals like me from being involved in organizations and being visible. People think we have it so easy, but in reality we face discrimination and prejudice from both straight people and gay people. If you wonder why bisexuals aren't more open about who we are, that is why. We just want to be free to love whomever we want, just like gays and lesbians. There is no reason to not "trust" bi people, other than your own prejudice. Unlike the Trans, etc... people, bisexuality is a sexual orientation.

by Anonymousreply 427April 13, 2019 7:14 PM

R421, your students aren't feeling "gender dysphoria" - they are reacting to the resurgence of sex-role stereotyping brought about by the Queer Theory bullshit. You're a boy who likes ballet - you're really a girl! A girl who likes physics - you're a boy!

It's regressive and flat-out crazy to rename what used to be called having "a personality" into having "gender dysphoria."

After gay marriage, activists who lived off of Gay, Inc., had nothing much to do so became Trans, Inc. That's why you frequently hear that transgender "rights" are THE "civil rights" movement of our time.

And Trans, Inc. is rapidly morphing into Gender, Inc.

Corporations are pouring massive amounts of money into Gender, Inc., because they think it's woke - they think they are helping gays, when, as state ad nauseam, they are actually sending gay rights straight back into the shitter.

by Anonymousreply 428April 13, 2019 7:15 PM

[quote]I have many students who are genuinely trans (they genuinely feel gender dysphoria [bold]and it becomes apparent in about ten minutes when you talk to them),[/bold]

Jesus they must be exhausting. I know very little about anyone within ten minutes of speaking to them, much less their feelings on their gender.

by Anonymousreply 429April 13, 2019 7:16 PM

[quote]I have many students who are genuinely trans

r421 Let's say that "many" in this case means 5 students. Now I've seen the population proportion of transgenders reported anywhere from .5% to .02%. If it's .5% then (assuming five gender-dysphoric students) you must be teaching 1,000 students, or 40 classes (assuming 25 students/class). If the number is instead .02% (the most commonly cited and statistically supported proportion) then you have 25,000 students, or 1,000 classes (again, assuming 25 students/class). That's a lot of students!

by Anonymousreply 430April 13, 2019 7:42 PM

r427 I understand your plight. But bi people need to realize they have some degree of hetero privilege and while they are just as persecuted and judged as gays when openly out, realize that most hide behind a heterosexual relationship and speak of their bisexuality except online, possibly to a partner, or just full on have "another side" and reinforce negative stereotypes. I especially hate it when most bisexuals love to say that they only engage with the same sex when horny and only form a family and relationship with the opposite sex, that's just insulting to gay people.

BTW I'm not r410, just a bi guy that's observed the general behavior of bisexual identified people.

by Anonymousreply 431April 13, 2019 8:02 PM

[quote] we face discrimination and prejudice from both straight people and gay people.

r427, can you elaborate on this? Are you being discriminated against when try to rent an apartment or buy a house? Are you being rejected from potential jobs because you're bisexual?

by Anonymousreply 432April 13, 2019 11:17 PM

It's only in the bedroom, R432, and they still get better treatment than any gay person.

by Anonymousreply 433April 13, 2019 11:20 PM

R431 When a bi person is in a relationship with a person of the opposite sex, they are not hiding they are being their authentic self. Being bisexual means that you are attracted to both sexes.

R432 Never had a problem with renting, because most people I've dealt with just care that you pay the rent. I did miss out on a job, because of a prejudiced gay manager, who knew beforehand that I am bisexual because we met at a mutual friend's party. Several months later, I ran into him again and after a few drinks I asked him why he didn't hire me, he said he didn't "trust" bisexuals and thought all bisexuals were liars, sadly I was in the closet at the time so I didn't pursue it.

But, most of my experiences are of people gay and straight, not believing that my orientation is real, that I must really be gay. How would you feel if 95% of the people you decided to be open about your sexuality to refuse to believe you are that your orientation was even possible. Then there are the ones that think I am some kind of sex addict that can never have a relationship, that I would always want what I can't have. I don't cheat, but even if I did leave a man for a woman, would be no different than leaving him for another man. Then there was a recreational sports team I was interested in joining, but I was told they had their quota of bi men, we were limited to no more than a third of the team, because we were closer to straights and had an advantage, which is totally backward thinking.

by Anonymousreply 434April 13, 2019 11:39 PM

r434 You dodged the question. If they are being themselves then I guess they're being hetero to the world because no one else would know they like the same sex. They won't get discriminated against. Think about it again and I will ask you again.

Why are bi people hiding behind a heterosexual relationship? Why do most bi people only engage with the same sex once it comes to sex and not relationships or settling down? The elephant is in the room but you don't want to admit it, because if you did then your argument is immediately gone.

by Anonymousreply 435April 14, 2019 12:04 AM

r434 There is a reason why bi people love to say "best of both worlds". They want their cake and eat it too. Be damned their LG peers face danger everyday around the world. Bi people need to realize the position they have and whine less about discrimination (only when dating, and it mostly has to do with the opposite sex) and be a better ally to LG people who don't have a choice

by Anonymousreply 436April 14, 2019 12:07 AM

R435 It isn't hiding, people just don't ask or just assumes you are straight if you are in an opposite sex relationship. And it gets ridiculous going around and telling everyone you met that you are bi, when it is only a small part of who your are. Also, I'm very open to relationships with men and women, and I like to have sex with men and women. It is just natural that bi men will end up having more sex with other men, because men are easier to just have sex with without a relationship. In the past I think it was true that bi men were more likely to settle down with a woman if they wanted to get married and have children, because that was the only option, but that isn't true anymore. Just like many gay men used to marry woman, to have a marriage and children.

by Anonymousreply 437April 14, 2019 12:14 AM

I don't get it, I truly don't. Since when are we back to putting all kinds of labels on people? I thought society moved past that in the 60s?

I have two straight siblings, brother and sister. My sister was a bit of tomboy in her childhood. She loved sports, playing outside, getting dirty etc...BUT she also would play with dolls, have tea parties and so on. My brother was also outdoorsy, liked sports, but has also always enjoyed art, indie/artsy movies and fine dining. Point is, people are layered. Should my sister have been transed because she liked playing down by the creek and getting covered in muck because that's what boys do? Should my brother have been transed because he was sensitive and an excellent artist and therefore really a girl?

by Anonymousreply 438April 14, 2019 12:21 AM

Typical bisexual, making this thread about THEM.

by Anonymousreply 439April 14, 2019 12:41 AM

R439 It wasn't me making it about myself, it was others deciding to jump on the bisexual, which has sadly been my experience with many so called LGBT organizations. Starting with R410, I will defend myself and my fellow bisexuals from the ignorance and bigotry of people like R410.

What we really need to do is unite Gays, Lesbians, and Bisexuals, against the rest of the alphabet soup, because we have much more in common with each other than with them.

by Anonymousreply 440April 14, 2019 1:07 AM

[quote]What we really need to do is unite Gays, Lesbians, and Bisexuals, against the rest of the alphabet soup, because we have much more in common with each other than with them.

Yup.

I think if we left out the closet bisexuals, that would help to achieve that goal.

by Anonymousreply 441April 14, 2019 1:08 AM

R441 Who is talking about closet bisexuals, we are discussing PRIDE and LGB(T) Organizations, if they are going to PRIDE or in such organizations they aren't in the closest.

by Anonymousreply 442April 14, 2019 1:13 AM

I mean the negativity revolving around bisexuals being spoken about is generally related to the closet bisexuals?

by Anonymousreply 443April 14, 2019 1:16 AM

Bisexuals are more tiresome than trannies. Everything MUST revolve around them 24/7. God forbid anything or anyone else gets some attention for once. Professional victims to boot as they charge like bulls into threads in order to hijack them.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 444April 14, 2019 1:20 AM

R444 I don't want anything to revolve around me, but again I will defend myself and other bisexuals from people like you and R410.

by Anonymousreply 445April 14, 2019 1:22 AM

R445 No need to always defend yourself especially when nobody was even talking about you in the first place.

by Anonymousreply 446April 14, 2019 1:24 AM

[quote]Bisexuals are more tiresome than trannies. Everything MUST revolve around them 24/7. God forbid anything or anyone else gets some attention for once. Professional victims to boot as they charge like bulls into threads in order to hijack them.

Stupid tranny trying to derail thread. Again.

by Anonymousreply 447April 14, 2019 1:28 AM

R446 If you are attacking bisexuals as a group you are attacking me, do you not feel the need to defend gays if someone were attacking them with prejudice? Would you expect a black person to sit back if someone was attacking their race? Should an individual Jew, not defend all Jews against antisemitism?

People forget that the pink triangle in Nazi Germany was used for bisexual men as well as gay men, they treated us the same and killed us the same.

by Anonymousreply 448April 14, 2019 1:34 AM

Oh Christ. Now we're bringing up the fucking Nazis!

by Anonymousreply 449April 14, 2019 1:37 AM

r437 Yeah and assumptions don't help the cause. So bisexuals that live hetero definitely have a duty to let people know they're not just bi but also help LG people because they are already at a point of hetero privilege within the structure. Bisexual problems are mostly internal and not external unless they have a same sex partner. Dating sucks, but don't moan about it Bisexuals literally have a large dating pool. People assuming hetero or talking ill of L & G need to be addressed so they know Bisexuals do exist and aren't hiding or fronting.

My issue are with the closet bi people that go under hetero privilege then whine and moan that they have problems when it's far from a big issue compared to L & G

by Anonymousreply 450April 14, 2019 1:42 AM

I give up, have fun fighting the Trans take over. Goodnight.

by Anonymousreply 451April 14, 2019 1:46 AM

r451 and this is why some want to drop the B off with the T and never look back

by Anonymousreply 452April 14, 2019 1:49 AM

And bisexual people aren't really the ones who are the primary offenders in this situation, so.

by Anonymousreply 453April 14, 2019 1:58 AM

Back to the queers who don't want to call themselves gay or lesbian and the trannies.

by Anonymousreply 454April 14, 2019 1:59 AM

Oh look. Another bisexual who doesn't want to get his hands dirty doing any fighting but expects gays and lesbians to fight for him. Sleep tight, bitch.

by Anonymousreply 455April 14, 2019 2:01 AM

We need to go back to having Gay Pride Parades- for gay and lesbian men and women.

Let the genderfucks throw a picnic or a potluck or something- somewhere else.

by Anonymousreply 456April 14, 2019 2:07 AM

Can someone please post a link to the document including the demands again?

by Anonymousreply 457April 14, 2019 2:12 AM

I CANNOT believe this thread has touched such a nerve, over 450 responses?

by Anonymousreply 458April 14, 2019 2:14 AM

NVM, found it!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 459April 14, 2019 2:16 AM

[quote]It is essential, and in line with the theme ‘Stonewall’, that Pride is lead with a protest against systemic injustice. This protest will be filmed in the News, and this will give QTIBPOC an opportunity to have our voices heard in the broader community. This protest will be in place of the parade, and anyone who joins must have beliefs that are in line with the message of the protest. Shades of Colour Community and RaricaNow will assess via email who applies to partake in the protest and ensure the applicants adhere to a set of criteria based on the values and principles of the protest. Upon inspection by Shades of Colour and RaricaNow, applicants will be either permitted or denied entry.

If you aren't "woke" i.e. "aware" for people who have a real vocabulary and a brain, then we won't let you speak!

Fuck. We let your ugly, fat, useless, non-working, tranny, hooker, piece of shit, relying on parents, garbage, retard asses speak and smell like fucking BO at every pride even speak. God forbid you let anyone speak who disagrees with you, even though you think you have the right to speak because you disagree with others.

I.e.

People who aren't rich dickless, boobless asian kids who come from parents that don't care about them because they're lazy pieces of shit who don't want to work shouldn't apply. We need to be heard because our parents won't listen to our whining ANY MORE. We are ready for a revolution, and that revolution should be attainable from MY COUCH CUSHION. *tweet* *tweet* *tweet*. Why am I not heard? Why am I not in porno even though I'm unattractive? Why won't anyone fuck me (who is white specifically) WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY? We want this and that and the other thing and we better be FRONT AND CENTRE while we do it because that will show our parents that WE ARE IMPORTANT!!! We MUST be the CENTER of attention at all times! IF you don't want to be attention seeking, whiny-ass brats like us who fuck everyone but our own kin, you better not apply!

We are self-hatred embodied, but you better call us "woke" and "relevant" and.... WHY AREN'T YOU LOOKING AT ME?!?!

by Anonymousreply 460April 14, 2019 2:25 AM

My favorite was stated above, that they want free trips to LA and NYC to "learn" and then they'll come back and "educate" the locals. LOL you can't make this stuff up. Listen, my personal list of demands now includes a free trip to Paris, Milan, and Monte Carlo. All for "learning" purposes, of course. Don't question it, bigot!

by Anonymousreply 461April 14, 2019 3:33 AM

Ok, now the shit has hit the shitter:

This tranny, who already has a Kiwi Farms thread, shot a speaker at University of Missouri Kansas City because the speaker was going to give a speech entitled "Men Are Not Women" -- the NERVE!

Turns out that the Tranny allegedly used a water pistol filled with lavender oil and glitter, but the Tranny assault and its fallout, captured on multiple videos, has been viewed more than a million times in two days, with people all over the political spectrum either laughing or angry or both.

If nothing has made you laugh today, this video will.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 462April 14, 2019 3:59 AM

What you probably have, r421, are a bunch of gay and lesbian students who haven't quite figured it out yet. Get back to them in 10 years. I would bet good money that very few of them are actually trans.

I teach at a women's college and we do allow trans students. We have one, out of a population of 1,000. Lots of lesbians and bisexuals though.

by Anonymousreply 463April 14, 2019 3:59 AM

[quote]Turns out that the Tranny allegedly used a water pistol filled with lavender oil and glitter, but the Tranny assault and its fallout, captured on multiple videos, has been viewed more than a million times in two days, with people all over the political spectrum either laughing or angry or both.

How stupid do you have to be to pull out a gun of any kind at any campus event given how many campus shootings we've had over the past 5 years?

I'm glad that the security tackled the person (and am equally glad security or the police didn't shoot the person when they saw a gun). It could just as easily have been some deranged nutjob with an automatic handgun about the shoot the place up. In the fraction of a second you have to decide what to do to avert a tragedy.

by Anonymousreply 464April 14, 2019 4:13 AM

You can be sure the University and campus security will be sued for assault and battery.

3, 2, 1...

by Anonymousreply 465April 14, 2019 4:16 AM

And R465, the university president, far from apologizing to an invited guest who was assaulted on his campus, instead sent the speaker who was attacked a pissy letter, because apparently, at the Univ. of Missouri - Kansas City, men ARE women

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 466April 14, 2019 4:42 AM

Sorry, got that wrong at R466:

The Chancellor of Univ of Missouri Kansas City sent out an email (linked at R466) that made the speaker's position that men are not women seem as if it were the extremist position. The email also praised most of the protesters and their tactics.

Here's more video of the students confronting the speaker - just embarrassing to be affiliated with these "Queer" sad sacks. They need a stylist, and a bath, and maybe a good war to bring them to their senses.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 467April 14, 2019 4:56 AM

The shooter was literally triggered.

by Anonymousreply 468April 14, 2019 4:59 AM

Call me when the Ts are protesting Donald Trump, Mike Pence and this evil administration, not Martina Navratilova, RuPaul, and everyday lesbians and gays.

Until that happens, they're welcome to fuck the fuck off.

by Anonymousreply 469April 14, 2019 5:05 AM

What R469 said.

by Anonymousreply 470April 14, 2019 5:07 AM

R462 I wasn't expecting to laugh but the pose he was in just before being tackled was even stupider looking than I could have ever imagined. I don't want to go look at kiwifarm threads but I can imagine how much fun they are having over that video.

by Anonymousreply 471April 14, 2019 5:13 AM

Good on the security/police for handling the situation. I'm sure the trannies are complaining that the security and police are transphobic and not providing a safe space for trannies.

by Anonymousreply 472April 14, 2019 5:18 AM

R469, You forgot the death/rape/acid attack/ destroy their career threats the Trans have directed at novelist Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie, Janice Turner of the TIMES of London UK, Julian Viggo, who often writes for FORBES, Helen Joyce, Finance Editor of THE ECONOMIST, Rosa Freedman, professor at Univ. of Reading, Graham Linehan, and so many others, including lesbians at the San Francisco Dyke March last year.

No other group could get away with the mayhem the trans threaten and cause.

Which video of the shooting did you look at, R471? Because the two I posted are both hilarious.

There are more videos from many angles. Note to self, if I'm ever caught in what appears to be a school shooting, take out my iPhone and make sure I get some footage before I'm shot.

by Anonymousreply 473April 14, 2019 5:20 AM

R472 The security guard's reflexes were impressive. Considering everything that has happened in the past that guard should be worried for his job because even accidentally misgendering him could put his job in danger.

R473 Sorry it wasn't clear in my reply but I did find the video hilarious. It totally made my day.

by Anonymousreply 474April 14, 2019 5:23 AM

[quote]You forgot the death/rape/acid attack/ destroy their career threats the Trans have directed at novelist Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie, Janice Turner of the TIMES of London UK, Julian Viggo, who often writes for FORBES, Helen Joyce, Finance Editor of THE ECONOMIST, Rosa Freedman, professor at Univ. of Reading, Graham Linehan, and so many others, including lesbians at the San Francisco Dyke March last year.

I was thinking of Jim Fouratt, who actually was AT Stonewall (corroborated by photos and newspaper accounts of the time) and speaks and writes about it interestingly. His calm and reasoned recap of what happened that night (which features lesbians, not Ts) inflamed the T movement and they tried to discredit him.

by Anonymousreply 475April 14, 2019 5:40 AM

I'm confused by all these initials.

Why does everything have to have initials? People are just too damn lazy to say the entire word and speak in full sentences. That's why nobody can add anymore.

by Anonymousreply 476April 14, 2019 5:54 AM

Watch the R467 video too if you want to laugh out loud

by Anonymousreply 477April 14, 2019 6:05 AM

I love the broad in r467's clip in the giant T-shirt that says "FAT."

by Anonymousreply 478April 14, 2019 6:11 AM

R434 bi men ARE hiding if they aren't telling their wife or girlfriend that they like men too. This is frequently the case. Being bi seems to necessitate a life of deciet. Its understandable that you have to protect yourselves, but own up to it. Bisexuals are not opressed by anyone really. Other folk just sometimes choose not to be with you which is their right. Bi men have it easier than gay men.

by Anonymousreply 479April 14, 2019 6:21 AM

This shit is sounding pretty Michfesty...oh wait they ruined that too for women who are such a privileged group!

by Anonymousreply 480April 14, 2019 6:29 AM

My god why does everyone want to be a victim these days? I know a few non whites who happen to also be assholes and every time someone is rude to them they scream racism. No maybe it's because you yell in people's faces and talk down to them.

by Anonymousreply 481April 14, 2019 6:37 AM

R479, your assumption that bi men are routinely lying to their wives or girlfriends about being bi and therefore bi = deceitful is the problem. Your post is really ironic because it just reeks of the prejudice bi people are subject to.

I'm a lesbian and want the trans to go away. My "community" is that of people who love their own sex, not people who hate their bodies. Bi people love their own sex, LGB is fine with me.

by Anonymousreply 482April 14, 2019 7:53 AM

R482 Oh, you can tell me, I have forgotten the name of that famous bisexual women over 30 who is in a relationship with another woman..any idea who I am thinking of?

by Anonymousreply 483April 14, 2019 8:12 AM

The issue is that the LGB community is demonstrating is that it is wrong to be discriminated against simply on sexual orientation.

All these other groups are tagging along on the discrimination badge.

They should fight their own battles, put their own blood, sweat and toil in, under their own banner, not under our rainbow flag.

by Anonymousreply 484April 14, 2019 8:32 AM

I've nothing against bi people and it should go back to being LGB . But for christsake Bi men need to be more respectful. Im talking from ALOT of painful experience.

by Anonymousreply 485April 14, 2019 8:45 AM

R485 was once rough fucked by a bi guy.

by Anonymousreply 486April 14, 2019 9:05 AM

[quote] [R482] Oh, you can tell me, I have forgotten the name of that famous bisexual women over 30 who is in a relationship with another woman..any idea who I am thinking of?

Ok, but what does it matter? If you don't want to be involved with a bisexual, then don't get involved with a bisexual. Otherwise, what are they doing to hamper your rights? What are they doing that makes it harder for you to be gay?

by Anonymousreply 487April 14, 2019 6:16 PM

R487 I think the answer you did not want to state, as it destroys your fantasy bi love is...

'There are zero famous bisexual women over 30 in a relationship with a woman. Nor are there any bisexual men over 30 in a same sex relationship'.

Because they always end up in heterosexual relationships ALWAYS

by Anonymousreply 488April 14, 2019 11:08 PM

Back to the QTBIPoCs...

by Anonymousreply 489April 14, 2019 11:10 PM

R489 No, bisexuals started this distraction, forced their way into LG spaces and they do not have any need to be apart of us.

by Anonymousreply 490April 14, 2019 11:44 PM

r488 I wouldn't say always but it's the majority of the time. Lots of bisexuals go for the hetero privilege. A lot fo the bi defenders and bi people on here fail to admit to this. Wonder why? Countless times especially among porn performers but even on forums, reddit, bi guys say they only fuck other guys and only have a romantic interest in women. It's just how they're made they say. I find that mostly BS when pretty much every single one of them does it.

by Anonymousreply 491April 15, 2019 12:19 AM

Can we cut the pc bullshit and just be real for a second? Pew studies show that almost 90% of bisexuals end up in opposite-sex relationships, that's just the reality of the situation. The hard truth is that the vast majority of bisexual men live their lives as heterosexuals, even if some get some dick on the side in secret or (very rarely) with the knowledge of the wife/girlfriend. Most bisexual women also end up in heterosexual relationships, the only difference being they tend to be more honest with their husband/boyfriend because it doesn't present a threat to these men, in fact, many of them see it as hot and a way to get two women into bed.

by Anonymousreply 492April 15, 2019 3:09 AM

Again- SO WHAT? What does this have to do with anything being discussed?

It doesn't.

by Anonymousreply 493April 15, 2019 3:14 AM

Transgender "woman" sex education teacher is now selling harnesses for dildos to fund lgbTQ sex education in rural Canada

BTW: the Trans in Canada apparently have changed high school GSA- Gay Straight Alliance into Gender and Sexuality Alliance.

[quote] I would love for every school board to have a trans-specific policy that's actually used. I’d like for all teachers to actually be well versed in trans inclusion because that would make a really big impact on those students. I would love for every single washroom to be all gender, every single one of them.

I'd love for some classes, especially in high school, not be divided by gender, at least not in the binary sense. I would love, love, love, love for teachers who are teaching health to not split up into two sexes for those classes. I would love for all the girls to not go and have period talk while the boys go and have the “your testicles are going to drop” talk. ...Changes in language can make a really big difference. So, instead of saying, when a man has sex with a woman, or a man has sex with another man, you could say, when a person with a penis has sex with a person with a vagina

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 494April 15, 2019 4:25 AM

r493 kinda does. There is certainly a new contingent of peeps that don't identify as queer but as bi and are anything but...it mostly among GenZ where peeps say they're bi, but nothing ever convinces me that they have a strong enough attraction to the sex same to even attempt anything (whether sexual or other relations). Makes me think they just say it because it's trendy, gets bonus points, and a way to rebel against parents

by Anonymousreply 495April 15, 2019 5:02 AM

"It is essential...that Pride is lead with a protest..."

I prefer my Pride unleaded.

by Anonymousreply 496April 15, 2019 6:34 AM

The that list of demands is insane. “Give us money, spend parade funds on non-parade travel year round; give us first place in the parade and let us screen attendees for purity. And then you may apologize to us.”

It’s always revealing what people do to others when they have power - or at least think they do.

Pride is for everyone, but these two organizations had no one willing to collaborate. So they attempt to hijack and force the pride board to subjugate the parade to their demands and make people outside their group second class, ban military and police officers from participating, and to top it off, misappropriate donated pride funds to fly them to expensive US cities on non-parade business.

What a money hungry power grab.

by Anonymousreply 497April 15, 2019 6:52 AM

I wonder who I can harass to get "research funds" so I can travel to Europe.

by Anonymousreply 498April 15, 2019 6:59 AM

I always think the use of the + is telling on LGBT+

As we've said earlier, we had LGB then the Trans community made our LGB struggle for sexual orientation rights, their Trans rights struggle.

Now a whole host of other organisations latching themselves into our organisations under the umbrella of +

I hate being used.

by Anonymousreply 499April 15, 2019 7:18 AM

Bit of a dumpster fire this thread. I come for the pointless bitchery, to enjoy the schadenfreude of seeing a bunch of blue haired heterosexuals with oppression fetishes being told to fuck off by Pride. I have a lot of problems with emergent trans theory as it seems to be in complete contradiction to everything gay men and lesbians were working towards with regards to our identities back when I was young enough to give a shit. So much of it seems focused on not self actualisation but controlling the thoughts and actions of those of us not trans. There is real overreach with trans activism and basically I don't give a shit that my belief that a straight bloke wearing his girlfriend's knickers once or twice doesn't makes him a woman is actual violence. We used to have transvestites - what happened to them? On the other hand the more extreme anti trans voices here seem to be just as unstable as the mad trannies. You are not being erased you silly cows. Touting conspiracy theories about trannies taking over your world is laughable. Could we not have a bit more nuance with you not hysterically accusing anyone who doesn't share your paranoid worldview as being a tranny? Thank you for giving this ageing homosexual a space to speak. Now I fully expect some nutcase to call me a tranny. Do your worst.

by Anonymousreply 500April 15, 2019 10:11 AM

R500 I can see why you think it's a conspiracy thoery but it sounds more like you're completely out of touch with what's happening especially to younger kids these days. Ironic that you post that in a thread about T managing to shut down a pride event.

by Anonymousreply 501April 15, 2019 11:27 AM

I keep thinking someone is going to say this is all a joke. Or that list of demands was really someone trolling. They’re so outrageous as to be ridiculous, no one can take them seriously.

Alas, I believe it’s true.

by Anonymousreply 502April 15, 2019 11:33 AM

Dumb fuck r500. Trannies just shut down a pride event. Why are you banging on about lesbos dipshit.

by Anonymousreply 503April 15, 2019 11:52 AM

R501 Glass half full or half empty? I didn't read it as the queers had shut down Pride but as the organisers cancelling it rather than give into these grasping, over entitled grief merchants. Sometimes you just have to walk away from the fuckery. But yes, at 53, I do realise that I am completely oblivious to anything happening on the planet beyond incontinence pads and stairlifts.

by Anonymousreply 504April 15, 2019 11:52 AM

Trans activists, who claim to be lesbians attacked actual lesbians (very noteworthy lesbians) at last years San Francisco Dyke March, R500.

And also in California, Scott Wiener, the self-proclaimed lgbTQ state lawmaker responsible for the "Throw Granny Under the Tranny" bill that forces women in nursing homes and longterm disability facilities to share their rooms and bathrooms with men-who-claim-womanhood, is now sponsoring a bill that would force prisons to put the she-males in with women.

And that's the tip of the iceberg: across the US and many other countries, the Transgender Lobby is getting stealth laws passed that, when people wake up, will cause gays to be hated.

So yeah, we're exaggerating about what the transgender lobby is doing, or you're burying your (elderly) head in the sand.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 505April 15, 2019 5:23 PM

r500 I'm largely with you on that. Some of the trans-skeptical posters are rabid (which is arguably needed, but distasteful nonetheless) and often I just want to laugh at the crazy ish "trans folk" are trying to get everyone to repeat with a straight face. But r501 et. al have a point too, and what is happening to gay youth is horrific and REAL, so there's that.

by Anonymousreply 506April 16, 2019 11:11 PM

I wish they had just responded with a curt "No'" followed by r189's post ("How's about you get your lazy motherfuckin' asses..."). Then, continue planning the event and ensuring a police presence there in case they decide to show up to protest. While I believe these fringe groups were initially instigated by trolls seeking to develop a "far-left" threat for the right to capitalize off of, the IRL members of these fringe groups that genuinely believe in the BS they're spouting need to grow the fuck up, realize that the world isn't going to coddle them, and grasp the fact that bullying people into supporting you is a shit strategy regardless of your cause.

by Anonymousreply 507April 16, 2019 11:22 PM

R506, the GOP is going to use this issue to help win the election. It is the perfect wedge issue given that the antics of the Alphabet Soup are pissing off even some of its members.

That's why some of us on here are frantic to wake people up: we cannot afford four more years of the Bloviating Tangerine Fatso.

Is Gender Ideology the hill the US is going to die on? And by extension the world, because we can't ignore climate change for another six years?

In San Diego, in February, a woman was arrested and held on $30,000 bail for pepper spraying a transgender "woman" in a remote park bathroom. She faces up to 6 years in jail for a "hate crime." She's pled not guilty.

Think about if the GOP got ahold of this one: woman alone in lonely park bathroom is confronted by a man, maybe dressed as a woman, maybe not, because in CA you don't have to do anything except say you're "trans" or "non-binary" and you're allowed in women's spaces. Woman in bathroom gets spooked and does what many women would do when in an enclosed space, half-naked when a strange man shows up, she fought him.

$30,000 in bail for pepper spray. Bit excessive isn't it? And up to six years in jail?

All over America, women, and men, will be WTF? A woman in a bathroom isn't allowed to defend herself any more?!?!?

This week, a girl in a school bathroom in Alaska kicked a boy in the groin after he said he was transgender and entered the girl's room along with other boys. Before that, a transgender "boy" had gone into the boys' bathroom, so the boys had decided to retaliate and enter the girls' bathroom. The girl who fought back, who had nothing to do with the transgender "boy", was suspended, for defending herself against what she thought was a group of boys entering the girls' bathroom.

In Nebraska this week, school girls walked out in mass to protest a transgender, who apparently showed his penis, using their facilities.

The GOP is collecting these incidences, and will use them, guaranteed.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 508April 17, 2019 4:22 AM

I'm not a pride person but I feel compelled to remind everybody of something essencial about transgender. Homosexuality is a fact, vastly observed and documented by science. There is no gene identified but there is biological evidence like our brains in relation to sexual orientation. As for transgender, there is no evidence that transgender is a real and immutable trait like sexual oriwntation is. There is no male brain and female brain as trans activism states. There is no scientific evidence of gender identity. All there is is people claiming to feel like a gender. Even more, there are people detransitioning which shows transgender takes place on a psychological level. Without malice, gender dysphoria is a mental disorder. Denial of biological reality.

T, and the other letters added only occur on a psychological level and this is why they don't belong in the acronym LGB. This is why LGB need to separate from the other letters. Sexual orientation is biological, homosexuality is a natural variant of sexuality. Transgender is psychological and people grow out of it.

by Anonymousreply 509April 17, 2019 5:08 AM

Thanks for the info on the San Diego, Alaska and Nebraska incidents, R508. Had no idea about any of them (and it's not like any threads can be created about them here; they wouldn't last an hour before deletion).

by Anonymousreply 510April 17, 2019 5:23 AM

[post redacted because independent.co.uk thinks that links to their ridiculous rag are a bad thing. Somebody might want to tell them how the internet works. Or not. We don't really care. They do suck though. Our advice is that you should not click on the link and whatever you do, don't read their truly terrible articles.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 511April 17, 2019 5:46 AM

R511 is information on the Alaska bathroom incident.

At the link is information on the school bathroom walkout in Nebraska.

The San Diego incident will be the one that gets people really worked up if it turns out the way I speculated, because it would mean that a woman defending herself from a man in a space where she's vulnerable could be charged with a hate crime. I mean, $30,000 in bail for pepper spraying? The GOP will go to town on that one.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 512April 17, 2019 5:51 AM

This happened here at Auckland Pride festival because the trans activists went mental that the gay police officers were allowed to attend. When they tried to ban them, all the corporate funding was pulled and the whole thing had to be shut down. Trans don't want their own parade, they just want to shut everyone else's down.

by Anonymousreply 513April 17, 2019 9:23 AM

Someone, somewhere has to say No.

by Anonymousreply 514April 17, 2019 11:22 AM

Now that homophobic asshole Jason Kenney is the premier, are they going to have to turn the parade back on?

by Anonymousreply 515April 17, 2019 11:26 AM

R511 link already taken down.

by Anonymousreply 516April 17, 2019 12:24 PM

[quote]walked out in mass

Oh, dear!

by Anonymousreply 517April 17, 2019 12:24 PM

Did they get their Jeebus wafer before leaving mass?

by Anonymousreply 518April 17, 2019 5:40 PM

Julia Beck speech on Committee Hearing on the “Equality Act”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 519April 17, 2019 6:20 PM

With Jason Kenney (who btw is gay just closeted and not very well) winning, Edmonton Pride should reverse its decision.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 520April 17, 2019 6:29 PM

Excellent video and testimony at R519. I hope progressive Ds are listening!

by Anonymousreply 521April 17, 2019 6:42 PM

That speech at R519 says exactly how I feel.

by Anonymousreply 522April 17, 2019 7:06 PM

Who added all the other letters?

by Anonymousreply 523April 18, 2019 3:40 AM

"Hormones and surgeries are not the answers to their discomfort and confusion."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 524April 19, 2019 7:16 PM

[quote]Now that homophobic asshole Jason Kenney is the premier, are they going to have to turn the parade back on?

No, because they are only interested in being stupid and attaking G&L.

by Anonymousreply 525April 19, 2019 7:57 PM

[quote]Who added all the other letters?

Whoever wanted to undermine G&L. I guess we will find out in time.

by Anonymousreply 526April 19, 2019 7:58 PM

Where are gay speaking out? So far it's brave lesbians speaking reason. Gay men are hiding.

by Anonymousreply 527April 19, 2019 9:46 PM

Maybe because there aren't enough FtM to demonize them.

by Anonymousreply 528April 19, 2019 10:01 PM

I assume they don't want to deal with the online attacks. Really unfortunate. I know in my group of friends I'm looked at as crazy, mean...you name it...whenever I talk about the q's and t's. It's like they get off on being super "open minded". I'm just at a loss with it all.

by Anonymousreply 529April 19, 2019 10:44 PM

Excellent article:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 530April 20, 2019 1:46 AM

r530, thank you, a truly fantastic read. What a bizarre world we live in that such an article is even necessary.

by Anonymousreply 531April 20, 2019 10:51 AM

Why Trans Activists Will Destroy Homosexual Rights

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 532April 20, 2019 1:40 PM

And again, why is the conversation taking place in THE FEDERALIST, FOR CHRISSAKE???

by Anonymousreply 533April 20, 2019 8:59 PM

Because the left wing, liberal, and corporate media is pushing an anti-gay, anti-women ideology now and no other viewpoints are allowed.

by Anonymousreply 534April 20, 2019 9:18 PM

[quote]. I know in my group of friends I'm looked at as crazy, mean...you name it...whenever I talk about the q's and t's.

I experienced this, too. They are 100% BRAINWASHED.

by Anonymousreply 535April 20, 2019 9:19 PM

I wrote here a couple of years ago about a falling out with a WOKE acquaintance - straight and a veteran - who dropped me because I tried to explain the deal. He just could not wrap his head around what I was saying. Finally he accused me of being a right-wing trump supporter and told me to get off his FB page.

The only reason I cared is that he was very cute.

by Anonymousreply 536April 20, 2019 10:13 PM

[quote]He just could not wrap his head around what I was saying.

This is it. They can't get it, and are so proud that they are able to repeat some of the brainwashing lines.

by Anonymousreply 537April 20, 2019 10:16 PM

R508, thanks for the info.

I saw recently this case is still alive:

Club Industry: Planet Fitness Transgender Locker Room Case Can Go to Trial, Michigan Supreme Court Rules

A former member of Planet Fitness has won her latest appeal to get her case against Planet Fitness tried. The case involves her termination from the club after she warned other members about the club's locker room policy to allow transgender members to choose the locker room that matches their identity.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 538April 20, 2019 11:23 PM

That woman has ovaries of steel, R538. I hope she takes them to the cleaners!

by Anonymousreply 539April 20, 2019 11:31 PM

R538 R539 Really hope it sets a legal precedent, along the lines of they are still fucking men

by Anonymousreply 540April 20, 2019 11:33 PM

People think transgender is just like homosexually; they think it is biological so logically the body has to be fixed. This is why every time people show opposition they lose because they think you are attacking a biologically-based identity and it reminds them when homosexual people were told homosexuality was a choice.

by Anonymousreply 541April 20, 2019 11:43 PM

I just got into it with my eighty-something mother last night, R541! "Oh, nice Mrs. So-and-So has twins and one of them is a transgender girl; she's known she was a girl since she was three. All the kids at school treat her like a girl and don't think anything of it." I said, "Oh, Jesus Christ, you, too?" She said, "Well, I don't agree with the bathroom thing or the locker room thing or sports team thing," and I replied, "THEN YOU DON'T AGREE WITH THE THING, PERIOD."

by Anonymousreply 542April 20, 2019 11:54 PM

This is all so new. The lawsuits are only beginning to bubble up now. The resistance will be led by those on the right and moderates will fall in line behind them because common sense is on their side.

I think Martina pushing back against the trans cyclist will be seen as an important turning point.

WSJ: The Transgender War on Women

The Equality Act sacrifices female safety in restrooms, locker rooms and even domestic-violence shelters.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 543April 20, 2019 11:55 PM

If this is wokeness then call me Sleeping Beauty.

by Anonymousreply 544April 21, 2019 12:03 AM

Okay, and I hate to sound like a broken record, but WSJ's editorial board is another right-wing outlet.

Catch up, MSNBC. LA TIMES. NYT.

by Anonymousreply 545April 21, 2019 1:59 AM

They are not going to "catch up". They have a chosen a side and it is pro-trans and anti-female.

They are not stupid. They know the trans movement infringes on women's rights but their attitude seems to be that women just need to put up with it because only the Left will support things like abortion. But the Left forgets that most women never get an abortion. But all women need to use female spaces such as bathrooms and hospital rooms.

But if the trans movement insists that women are not allowed to occupy bathrooms and hospital rooms outside of the presence of male co-inhabitants then how long will it be until they weigh in and decide that they are also anti-abortion? Most trans"women" are straight like Bruce Jenner so it's not far-fetched to think that they will eventually push more conservative views.

by Anonymousreply 546April 21, 2019 2:16 AM

Bruce Jenner is neither straight nor female. His relationship with another trans-identified male is not my idea of heterosexuality, just internalized homophobia on a massive scale.

by Anonymousreply 547April 21, 2019 2:25 AM

"Bruce Jenner is neither straight nor female. His relationship with another trans-identified male is not my idea of heterosexuality"

But it *is* his idea of heterosexuality. These men fetishize what they believe womanhood *should* be, not what it really is. It's sick and twisted, but it doesn't make them any less heterosexual, and it sure as hell doesn't make them gay. Another example of this would be DL "fave" Zinnia Jones and his sidepiece, Miss Penny Robo. They are not a gay couple. They are two heterosexual men enacting a heterosexual fantasy together.

by Anonymousreply 548April 21, 2019 2:55 AM

Riley Dennis?

by Anonymousreply 549April 21, 2019 2:58 AM

Trans start their own London Pride and are miffed that "Cis" Pride isn't upset enough that the trans are breaking off.

Trans author, Amelia Abraham, who calls himself "a lesbian" i.e, cross-dressing straight man, attacks actual lesbians for daring to speak out against transgender harassment. Abraham also repeats the myth that Stonewall was started by a trans woman of color.

From the Guardian, which seriously must be paid in gold ingots by the Transgender Lobby for the daily pro-trans ball-licking it spews.

[quote] Love says they felt “disappointed” and “upset”, not only because the protest took place, but because Pride’s reaction was not strong enough. “That really reflects the cis dominance of London Pride, as I perceive it. If there were trans people calling the shots it wouldn’t have happened in that way. And if those protesters were coming out against gay people the reaction wouldn’t have been the same, but people value gay rights more than trans rights. That’s a fact.”

[quote] Still, I wonder if it would be necessary in the first place if Pride in London made trans people feel sufficiently welcome. This year marks 50 years since the Stonewall riots – the LGBTQ+ uprising in New York. Stonewall is why we have Pride, and crucially, it was led by trans women, mostly trans women of color.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 550May 18, 2019 11:48 PM

R29, I think she roared...

by Anonymousreply 551May 18, 2019 11:52 PM

[quote]crucially, it was led by trans women, mostly trans women of color.

No, it wasn't.

by Anonymousreply 552May 18, 2019 11:56 PM

This 'trans women of color started Stonewall' is such nonsense. There are photographs from that night. No trans women of color are in them. And even if trans women of color HAD started Stonewall, where did they all disappear to for the next several decades, because they aren't in any of the archive footage from various Pride rallies/parades and gay/lesbian organizations.

by Anonymousreply 553May 19, 2019 12:14 AM

Men cannot be lesbians. Sexual orientation is an inborn trait that requires having been born female. Claiming to be something aren't cannot be equated to sexual orientation.

by Anonymousreply 554May 19, 2019 12:19 AM

r550, fantastic! And they can take the rest of the ever-expanding initialism that has nothing to do with sexual orientation with them. So that would leave LGBs alone.

And, quite frankly, the bis are so annoying with their constant complaining that if they want to separate and leave it as L&G then that's fine too.

by Anonymousreply 555May 19, 2019 2:00 AM

[quote]Trans start their own London Pride and are miffed that "Cis" Pride isn't upset enough that the trans are breaking off.

Buh-bye.

by Anonymousreply 556May 19, 2019 4:12 AM

Trans has no sound scientific evidence to back up its claim that some people are born in the wrong body even though their biological sex is not an impediment to do most anything humans do. It all comes down to gender stereotypes and, for a fraction of them, some kind of fetish, especially a fetish with lesbians whose very nature as women attracted to women has no desire for male bodies.

Homosexuality works based on biology; not psychology. What trans activism claims and demands is against homosexual people; it disregards our nature.

by Anonymousreply 557May 19, 2019 5:04 AM

Gender reassignment surgery rarely leads to true happiness.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 558May 19, 2019 6:44 AM

r558, pretending to be something you're not doesn't lead to positive results? Who would have thought?

by Anonymousreply 559May 19, 2019 3:32 PM

I was in Canterbury England today and they were having their pride celebrations. It was bizzare as I'd say around 70% in attendance were teenage girls in glitter and covered in rainbow flags. Not many men. Also many looked 13 or 14 years old. Has gay pride become a kids event now? Hardly anyone over 25, and I wondered how many were actually gay or bisexual. Very odd. I felt quite detached from it.

by Anonymousreply 560June 15, 2019 1:28 PM

[quote]It was bizzare

Not half as BIZARRE as your spelling.

by Anonymousreply 561June 15, 2019 1:47 PM

I'd be interested to know how many of the non big city prides are being invaded/rebranded by the usual suspects as "QTBIPoC Pride." The big cities have enough gays around to at least partially dilute the takeover, but the smaller pride governing committees can probably more easily be taken or cancelled by the usual suspects, as in Edmonton.

by Anonymousreply 562June 15, 2019 1:51 PM

This gay pride in Canterbury was packed with young girls. Maybe they were sisters of gay people etc?. It just felt strange, like a school picnic. I'm sure many of them were straight though.

by Anonymousreply 563June 15, 2019 1:56 PM

r563 I bet many of them didn't "identify" as straight, despite the fact that they are. "Queer" is the new fad (or is it an aging fad now?). So ridiculous that people would fetishize the very real struggle our community has faced and continues to face, but teen girls certainly aren't known for their good decision making skills.

by Anonymousreply 564June 15, 2019 2:03 PM

R564. Exactly. Maybe they think they are being supportive. However it just undermines such occasions, and I just felt so disinterested. So weird really. Has anyone else been to a pride event like this?

by Anonymousreply 565June 15, 2019 2:14 PM

When you have men who cannot control their exhibitionism in public there's no activism there anyway.

by Anonymousreply 566June 15, 2019 3:16 PM

R566 is any gay activism necessary now anyway?

by Anonymousreply 567June 15, 2019 5:13 PM

Lets be honest most of the gays and bis at pride are the geeky woke political ones, who look like they never get laid....with anyone.

by Anonymousreply 568June 15, 2019 5:16 PM

Of course. There are still many injustices homosexual people face. And it is time to show support for homosexual people living in places such as the Middle East where homosexuality is criminalised and persecuted with death. R567

If you ask me, Gay Pride should be an ocassion to spread awareness and show we are just like anybody else. Unfortunately, Gay Pride has long been hijacked by fetishists with no decency in public. Just give it a thought, do you think a gay boy or girl born into a homophobic household would dare come out to there parents if what they see is men and women oversexualised and literally naked?

by Anonymousreply 569June 15, 2019 5:29 PM

No.....pride has been hijacked by straight people who fetishise victimhood.

by Anonymousreply 570June 15, 2019 6:15 PM

This is fucking bullshit. Why bend over to demands of the fringe of LGBT? Then again, with the wildfires maybe it's for the best. Not the best air quality for a parade.

by Anonymousreply 571June 15, 2019 8:31 PM

Autogynephiles and self-identifiednon-binary people are recent phenomenon infiltrating Pride. Fetishism invading Pride has been a complaint for longer time.

by Anonymousreply 572June 16, 2019 3:07 AM

I sort of avoided this thread but I gave it a look earlier today and thanks for the Evergreen College nonsense. I googled it and found some youtube videos. Hilarious but frustrating. They got rid of a fabulous professor of biology - his Rate My Professor reviews are extremely complimentary about his teaching skills and his classes. He and his wife sued the College and settled for near $500k which can't replace their tenured professorships jobs but it's something.

The school has dropped attendance by some 37% which caused it's budget to be seriously cut back. It's a state college.

by Anonymousreply 573June 16, 2019 4:00 AM

r573

We've talked about Evergreen a bit in the Bakery thread too, it might be worth a read.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 574June 16, 2019 4:33 AM

Oh thanks, R574.

by Anonymousreply 575June 16, 2019 4:42 AM

Lesbians, real ones, jumped in front of Euro Pride with signs that said "Lesbian, Not Queer" and "Lesbians don't have penises" and "Cotton Ceiling = Rape."

Needless to say, the cocks in frocks and their Trans Maidens were outraged!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 576June 16, 2019 4:54 AM

The extreme victimhood played by transactivists in the comments is disgusting. They are saying they support the killing of transpeople merely for stating a biological truth that lesbianism is attraction to female bodies. One was so stupid as to suggest lesbians sided with evangelicals. Evangelicals. The nonesense has no limits. So much lesbophobia R576

by Anonymousreply 577June 16, 2019 5:13 AM

[quote]Where are gay speaking out? So far it's brave lesbians speaking reason. Gay men are hiding.

It's a complicated thing but speaking from my own perspective as a gay man I'd say that I totally get that some men are not happy living as men. We've all met super femme guys who seem to not be happy in their bodies. I understand if they want to change their gender. If they so hate being men then good riddance. That's why I'm feeling quite ambivalent about the whole issue. However I think it is ridiculous that MtFs expect to be treated like natural women from the get-go. And I do agree with Navratilova.

by Anonymousreply 578June 16, 2019 5:14 AM

R578, lesbians and feminists are saying that we all need to change society so that people can be as "masculine" or "feminine" as they want, and those with genuine dysphoria who really want to mutilate their bodies should go ahead once they're adults.

But those with genuine dysphoria are a tiny minority and not the violence-threatening trans activists we're seeing today.

The new trans activists are called autogynephiles, they are sexual fetishists who get off on the thought of themselves as women. Most of them are attracted to women. Some of them also get off on hearing women pee, or wearing women's used tampons or underwear. Go to the Reddit ask transgender thread if you want to see them in action.

90% of transgender "women" keep their male genitalia and 63% are attracted to women (source :National Center for Transgender Equality, a trans advocacy group)

Feminists and lesbians are determined to hold onto same sex spaces, because of the millions of years of sexual violence biological females have been subjected to (because you know our non-human ancestors were the same), and to hold onto the rights women have fought so hard for, but these trans activists have managed to stealthily push through legislation that's already taken an axe to women's athletics, safety and rights.

by Anonymousreply 579June 16, 2019 5:27 AM

I wish more people would raise their voice. Who would have thought Pride would become a homophobic event.

What lesbians are fighting for today is the same battle homosexual people fought in the past. We, homosexual people are attracted to people of our same biological makeup, hence HOMO (same) SEXUAL (primary and secondary sex traits = body, anatomy). We lack attraction to the opposite sex. Lesbians don't desire male bodies because they lack attraction to male bodies. Surgeries, hormones, makeup are cosmetic changes, but they can't replicate a body that was determined as female since conception with all that entails. Stating our boundaries and being respected for our nature which is innate and cannot be unlearn is the battle homosexual fought in the past and now once again.

by Anonymousreply 580June 16, 2019 10:06 AM

Pride isn't for us anymore. It's all straights ("queer") and trans.

by Anonymousreply 581June 16, 2019 10:34 AM

I remember about 10 or 15 years ago straights with their kids would come with lawn chairs to sit and watch the "Pride" parade. Just a harmless circus. Let's face it, it has just been dumb and embarrassing for decades. In recent years, it has become something much worse - straight people from demented autogynphiles and "transkids" and their parents, plus people who want to attack the police and the whole event. No gay and no self-respect - as existed in the 70s and 80s. The only actual self-respect and gay content now are the lesbians who have signs that say "lesbians do not have penises" and "lesbian = female homosexual" and "transactivism erases lesbians." And of course the angry autogynphiles hate them and want them kicked out and enlist help in doing so from politicians, media, etc. It has become a completely stupid and vicious anti-gay and anti-lesbian event.

by Anonymousreply 582June 16, 2019 11:05 AM

There's two types of pride. The smaller ones have been hijacked by the QT contingent for sure and turned it into a joke. But the bigger ones are where the embarrassment lies with wannabe porn stars. instawhores, exhibitonists, .etc, make it look like all we're about is sex and only sex.

by Anonymousreply 583June 16, 2019 12:59 PM

[quote]The cisters are doing it for themselves

I love that, R576.

by Anonymousreply 584June 16, 2019 1:06 PM

The #brave and #stunning organizers of Euro Pride are standing with the homosexuals against the men who think they're lesbians!

Oh, wait...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 585June 16, 2019 3:58 PM

GL people were completely fine with transgender people until transactivists such as Riley Dennis began to push ideas, especially on lesbians, that their lack of attraction to penis is a trauma, that lesbians should work through that "trauma" and include people with male bodies in their dating and sex lives. Homosexuality is not a trauma. Homosexuality is an inborn trait that determines exclusive attraction to the same sex.

Vilifying lesbians for a trait they have no control over is reviving the homophobia that gave birth to gay liberation.

by Anonymousreply 586June 16, 2019 4:22 PM

Part of me wishes they had told them to go to hell and went ahead with the parade anyway.

But given the choice of acquiescing to ridiculous, extortionary demands, or ugly protests, Edmonton did the right thing.

by Anonymousreply 587June 16, 2019 5:05 PM

r560 I was at LA DragCon a couple of weeks ago and there are a lot of very young girls with parents who are attracted to the queens. Young girls also tend to love glitter and if you think about it the drag queens are an empowering female driven force to behold for young girls. Those queens are proud and strong and creative. Where else can a young girl experience such a gathering of female empowerment that is not some women in business event or other gathering that would be over their heads?

by Anonymousreply 588June 16, 2019 5:36 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 589June 16, 2019 8:16 PM

It's amazing how all these young, fierce gender variants instead of going after the straight males who actually attack them, direct their vitriol and threats of violence towards the mostly middle-aged or elderly, middle-class feminists, AKA TERFs, who if they weren't fighting to save women's rights would be docents at the museum or volunteering at their local community gardens.

by Anonymousreply 590June 16, 2019 8:23 PM

The "TERFs" are a range of all intelligent, self-respecting women from all classes and ages.

The sort of thing written at R589 is the trendily ignorant thing to spout.

by Anonymousreply 591June 16, 2019 10:22 PM

Anyone still writing "Pride was started by black transwomen" is being intellectually and historically dishonest.

The NY times (among other media) have dispassionately and methodically dismantled that narrative.

by Anonymousreply 592June 16, 2019 10:30 PM

Does anyone have good links how Pride was NOT started by black transwomen

and the lies re Trans "suicides"?

thanks

by Anonymousreply 593June 16, 2019 10:34 PM

R593

The following needs to be verified (!) but claims, using UK statistics, that the suicide rate/attempt rate among "trans kids" in the UK is a big fat fib.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 594June 16, 2019 11:16 PM

Pictures I have seen of that Stonewall riot thing mostly show it was full of ordinary homosexual men. No transgenders.

by Anonymousreply 595June 17, 2019 3:58 AM

Is this unbiased and sound science?

I thought scientists agreed there are no male and female brains. Also, what about detransitioners who once felt dysphoric and convinced the were the opposite gender and later they no longer feel dysphoric and desire to regain their biological sex.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 596June 17, 2019 11:12 PM

There have been so many bogus "brain scan" claims about this and that. This is really gay holocaust if they keep going on with this bullshit.

PS: "lgbtqnation" is a low-quality junk trans propaganda site.

by Anonymousreply 597June 17, 2019 11:15 PM

Yeah, apparently not a sound study.

by Anonymousreply 598June 17, 2019 11:17 PM

Re the article at R596 "The researchers said that their technique could be used to help transgender children at an earlier age." [HELP...]

This is real gay cleansing.

It has been shown that if you leave kids alone, they get over their "gender" obsession and get on with their lives and usually turn out to be gay adults.

When they push trans on them at a younger age, there is more of a chance that they stick with trans (frankly they would have to for many reasons...)

- POOF! - Homosexuality is gone! This is evil!

by Anonymousreply 599June 17, 2019 11:19 PM

Something very sinister is definitely going on.

In England and Scotland, there is now considerable pushback against the Trans Lobby, or Gender Lobby, or whatever you want to call the Spay Away the Gay movement, but in Canada, the Orwellian policies pushed by the Trans Lobby are adopted at full speed, and in the US we are only just starting to become aware of gender ideology, even though so many laws have already been passed, pushed by its cultists.

Here, three prominent Brits speak out against the Gender Lobby.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 600June 18, 2019 12:01 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!