Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Jussie Smollett Updates Part 16 (Grab 'Em by the Jussie)

You know the drill.

Link to Part 15 below:

Jussie Smollett Updates Part 15 (Little Miss Jussie, Hitting Her Strutty)

You know the drill.Link to Part 14 below:

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 45904/23/2019

All hail Our Boo

Offsite Link
by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 103/29/2019

Tweaked out punchable dork:

Offsite Link
by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 203/29/2019

r1 he's MUCH cuter in his "Eskimo" pic. Too bad he doesn't always look like that. This doesn't even look like the same guy.

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 303/29/2019

R3 Sadly, I agree. It's sweet that he was at opening day, but it just doesn't have the same vibe. We could continue to use his Eskiboo photo. I hate change and I hate breaking with tradition. We could go back to his Seximo photo for future threads, or not post it entirely (makes me a bit sad) or...thoughts?

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 403/29/2019

I prefer the original picture

Meanwhile:

'It's atrocious and offensive': Lawyer for Nigerian brothers involved in Jussie Smollett hate crime 'hoax' slams Empire actor's legal team for saying they could have worn whiteface to disguise themselves during attack

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 503/29/2019

R4 no thoughts. Now I see what he really looks like, the fixation is ended.

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 603/29/2019

Not a good idea of Jussie's legal team to goad the brothers... regardless of what they signed there's a massive payoff for them if they talk right now.

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 703/29/2019

not sure if it's been mentioned, i read that the empire ratings are in the toilet!!

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 803/29/2019

You better strut thru that airport queen! YASSSS

BREAKING: Jussie Smollett Arrives in LA After All Charges Were Dropped

3/28/19 - Jussie Smollett touches down at LAX airport after all criminal charges were dropped in his Chicago case. When asked if he has a message for his fan...

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 903/29/2019

Does Jussie have the big dick energy?

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 1003/29/2019

SPLC hires the fixer.

The Southern Poverty Law Center (SPLC) has hired Tina Tchen, a former Obama staffer who recently tried to intervene in the Jussie Smollett hate-crime-hoax case on the actor’s behalf, to conduct a review of workplace-harassment allegations in the wake of co-founder Morris Dees’s firing.

Last Thursday, the SPLC announced Dees’s dismissal for unspecified violations of company policy and said that Tchen, who served as chief of staff to Michelle Obama and now runs a firm focused on “workplace cultural compliance,” would conduct a “comprehensive assessment of our internal climate and workplace practices.”

That announcement came one day after the Chicago Sun Times obtained communications between Tchen and Cook County state’s attorney Kim Foxx in which Tchen asked Foxx to persuade Chicago Police Department superintendent Eddie Johnson to turn the investigation of Smollett’s case over to the FBI.

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 1103/29/2019

Just leave this here:

STATEMENT ON JUSSIE SMOLLETT CASE DISMISSAL

The events of the past few days regarding the Cook County State’s Attorney’s handling of the Jussie Smollett case is not condoned by the IPBA, nor is it representative of the honest ethical work prosecutors provide to the citizens of the State of Illinois on a daily basis.

The manner in which this case was dismissed was abnormal and unfamiliar to those who practice law in criminal courthouses across the State. Prosecutors, defense attorneys, and judges alike do not recognize the arrangement Mr. Smollett received. Even more problematic, the State’s Attorney and her representatives have fundamentally misled the public on the law and circumstances surrounding the dismissal. The public has the right to know the truth, and we set out to do that here. When an elected State’s Attorney recuses herself from a prosecution, Illinois law provides that the court shall appoint a special prosecutor. Typically, the special prosecutor is a neighboring State’s Attorney, the Attorney General, or the State Appellate Prosecutor. Here, the State’s Attorney kept the case within her office and thus never actually recused herself as a matter of law.

Additionally, the Cook County State’s Attorney’s office falsely informed the public that the uncontested sealing of the criminal court case was “mandatory” under Illinois law. This statement is not accurate. To the extent the case was even eligible for an immediate seal, that action was discretionary, not mandatory, and only upon the proper filing of a petition to seal. [T]he process employed in this case by the State’s Attorney effectively denied law enforcement agencies of legally required Notice and the legal opportunity to object to the sealing of the file. The State’s Attorney not only declined to fight the sealing of this case in court, but then provided false information to the public regarding it. The appearance of impropriety here is compounded by the fact that this case was not on the regularly scheduled court call, the public had no reasonable notice or opportunity to view these proceedings, and the dismissal was done abruptly at what has been called an “emergency” hearing. To date, the nature of the purported emergency has not been publicly disclosed. The sealing of a court case immediately following a hearing where there was no reasonable notice or opportunity for the public to attend is a matter of grave public concern and undermines the very foundation of our public court system. Lastly, the State’s Attorney has claimed this arrangement is “available to all defendants” and “not a new or unusual practice.” There has even been an implication it was done in accordance with a statutory diversion program. These statements are plainly misleading and inaccurate. This action was highly unusual, not a statutory diversion program, and not in accordance with well accepted practices of State’s Attorney initiated diversionary programs. The IPBA supports diversion programs, and recognizes the many benefits they provide to the community, the defendant and to the prosecuting agency. Central to any diversion program, however, is that the defendant must accept responsibility. To be clear here, this simply was not a deferred prosecution.

Prosecutors must be held to the highest standard of legal ethics in the pursuit of justice. The actions of the Cook County State’s Attorney have fallen woefully short of this expectation. Through the repeated misleading and deceptive statements to the public on Illinois law and circumstances surrounding the Smollett dismissal, the State’s Attorney has failed in her most fundamental ethical obligations to the public. The IPBA condemns these actions.

This irregular arrangement was an affront to prosecutors across the State, the Chicago Police Department, victims of hate crimes, and the people of the City of Chicago and Cook County. We strongly encourage our members and the public to review the National District Attorneys Associations statement on prosecutorial best practices in high profile cases.

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 1203/29/2019

"To be clear here, this simply was not a deferred prosecution."

There's damning and then there's DAMNING

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 1303/29/2019

I think Kim Foxx is looking at substantial disciplinary action by the state bar association.

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 1403/30/2019

I kiss the Eakiboo pic. It’s so HOT!

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 1503/30/2019

I still love Our Boo. I like either picture,but the eskimo one seems more familiar. It's like the mascot of the Jussie threads.

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 1603/30/2019

Smollett is such a creepy smirking asshole. So self reverential. The ridiculous Michael Jackson level of security men to flank him in public. Him sniping at paparazzi “my fans already know how much I love them. “

Most everyone thinks he’s a pathetic liar.

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 1703/30/2019

I agree r16. So we will keep using the Eskiboo one.

Feeling very ripped off Jussie didn't get a Friday night roust from the FBI. Do they work on weekends? Fingers crossed.

All hail, our Eskiboo:

Offsite Link
by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 1803/30/2019

Your eskiboo is hot in either picture.

I find the “winter one” cuter, only because of the facial expression (damn, it’s cold!) and the fact that it’s cutesy.

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 1903/30/2019

His fans? Who on earth is a Jussie Smollett fan? Bitch thinks she’s Beyoncé.

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 2003/30/2019

It is absolutely essential that we believe Jussie Smollett. If we don't, other people who haven't been attacked might not have the courage to come forward.

--Titania McGrath

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 2103/30/2019

LOL!

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 2203/30/2019

I do not know 1 person who believes that Jussie didn’t do this. Everyone who I have talked about this with thinks he’s guilty and think he’s a smug asshole who got away with the crime. They all can’t stand him.

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 2303/30/2019

You clearly don't know people like some of the "justice for Jussie" posters on these threads.

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 2403/30/2019

The same type of people who were supporting OJ are supporting Jussie aka complete morons.

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 2503/30/2019

I’m hoping he appears at the awards show because I’m DYING for the audience reaction shots!

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 2603/30/2019

He did not show up.

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 2703/30/2019

Nor did he win.

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 2803/30/2019

[quote]You clearly don't know people like some of the "justice for Jussie" posters on these threads.

I believe most of them are doing it just to yank your chain. Don't engage.

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 2903/30/2019

Who cares about some blacks-only NAACP Awards?

That’s like saying you won an IQ test amongst a class of retards.

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 3003/30/2019

Thursday, March 28, 2019 Blind Item #3

Arguably the biggest agent in town is doing his best to make sure this A- list mostly television actor never works again. Family bonds and all that.

Ari Emanuel Co-CEO of William Morris Endeavor (character Ari Gold on "Entourage") (brother Rahm Emanuel Mayor of Chicago/Jussie Smollett

Friday, March 29, 2019 Blind Item #6

This network gave a huge "donation" to this organization to try and fix the outcome of an award show. I'm not sure the award show though is prepared to give the actor in the news the most over the past few days, an award.

FOX/NAACP/Jussie Smollett

Blind Item #6

This network gave a huge "donation" to this organization to try and fix the outcome of an award show. I'm not sure the award show though is...

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 3103/30/2019

Can we even pretend that Jussie is A-list? Did he write that blind item himself?

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 3203/30/2019

It's totally incoherent, and no, there's no way Jussie is A-list.

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 3303/30/2019

A-list jail dodger.

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 3403/30/2019

Jussie is hot, I'm glad he isn't being prosecuted!

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 3503/30/2019

Michelle Obama is going to be sorry she got involved in this... once the federal charges start coming.

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 3603/30/2019

[quote]Jussie is hot,

That's a good one. Now tell another one.

I'm glad he isn't being prosecuted!

You crack me up!

Laughing Hahaha GIF - Laughing Hahaha Pointing - Discover & Share GIFs

Click to view the GIF

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 3703/30/2019

Says Jussie: "If even a drop of this was true, I would not be my mother's son."

Maybe it's time for DNA testing……

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 3803/31/2019

Can The FBI still charge him?

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 3903/31/2019

Sure, r39. The FBI has been investigating the anonymous letter, not the fake attack (which is a state crime)

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 4003/31/2019

There are no further charges coming Jussie's way!! Chicago will be paying him restitution. The brothers composed and mailed the letter with the white powder. But they cut themselves a sweet deal in the CPD's attempt to frame Smollett. Rahm Emanuel and the police captain's "outrage" does not manage to cover their lies and corruption. They should try not committing crimes (murder) against black men, women and youth for a month. At least their careers are over and they are once again public embarrassments. Charges pending.

Some good will come of this. There's a new mayor in town. Jussie is an anti-hero, but still a hero.

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 4103/31/2019

What is your source, r41?

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 4203/31/2019

There is no source for r41. It's Jussie's publicist.

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 4303/31/2019

I figured as much, but thought I'd ask just for the hell of it.

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 4403/31/2019

R41 If he's such a hero, why isn't he back on SM crowing about his heroics, doubling down on his Twitter mission statement of being here to "help save the world", and promising to donate all of this fabled "restitution" money you say he will be getting to good causes? Why is this liar lying low like a guilty sack of shit waiting for the other shoe (size: FBI) to drop?

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 4503/31/2019

The fact that he didn't show up at the NAACP Awards was telling.

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 4603/31/2019

Empire's ratings are in the toilet, they have PR flacks everywhere working overtime...

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 4703/31/2019

He's counting on r41 and his ilk for that, r45. There were some folks on the Image Awards telecast saying they "stand with Jussie. They are the idealogical offspring of the OJ defenders.

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 4803/31/2019

I hope that dumb Taraji cunt goes down too.

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 4903/31/2019

I love the Jussie defenders! They offer the comic relief in this shit show.

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 5003/31/2019

For what, r49?

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 5103/31/2019

No one was worried about Jussie not attending the Image Awards. Chris Rock went in on him and said he has to call himself Jessie now, because the U was pushing it. The great Beyonce was there to accept her award for Entertainer of The Year and to give a most gracious and inspiring speech. Jussie will make his reentry into celebrity society at a less hot time for the CPD and the others who've conspired against him. And he'll be welcomed back.

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 5203/31/2019

Oh, knock it off, r52. The only conspirator in this mess is Jussie, and all your rhetoric won't change the facts.

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 5303/31/2019

Does the truth threaten you R53? We shall never stop speaking it. You are free to listen or put on your robe and go burn a cross on a lawn. Like your mommy and pappy did before you. White Trash.

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 5403/31/2019

None of this threatens me. I just find it--and you--tedious, and your post egregious. Have a swell day.

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 5503/31/2019

Fully one quarter of the posts on this thread are yours R55. Along with your hundreds and hundreds of posts on other Smollett threads. Chronic race baiters can't stop baiting. Perhaps you are something more than tedious? Though certainly that too.

Ask yourself why you carry such hatred. Fear is the root of your decline. You may be done with God, but God's not done with you. We pray that he will deliver peace to your obviously troubled mind. In Jesus name. Amen. Enjoy your day sir.

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 5603/31/2019

I think you're mistaken, r56, but in any case you ought to have something better to do than count posts. As for the remainder of your sentiments....yawn.

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 5703/31/2019

R56 Fuck you are really stupid

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 5803/31/2019

Chris Rock’s slam at the NAACP Image Awards show over the weekend:

"They said 'No Jussie Smollett jokes,' " said Rock, who was there to present Outstanding Comedy Series. But that didn't stop him. "What a waste of light skin," Rock cracked. "Do you know what I could do with that light skin? That curly hair? My career would be out of here! I'd be running Hollywood."

"What the hell was he thinking? You're 'Jessie' from now on," Rock continued, as cameras showed Trevor Noah cracking up in the crowd. "You don't get the 'u' no more. That 'u' was respect. You ain't getting no respect from me!"

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 5903/31/2019

R59, Chris Rock has no fear!

Chris Rock: Jussie Smollett, You Don't Get No Respect From Me | Image Awards 50

Visit http://tvone.tv/ for more.

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 6003/31/2019

Chris Rock is awesome.

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 6103/31/2019

2 Prosecutors’ groups rip Cook County State’s Attorney’s handling of Smollett case:

2 prosecutors' groups rip handling of Jussie Smollett's case by state's attorney's office

National and state prosecution associations ripped the Cook County state's attorney's office for its handling of the Jussie Smollett case.

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 6203/31/2019

R60 The audience ate it up too. This little shit is a laughing stock.

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 6303/31/2019

R45 I'm sure he agreed to file any lawsuits in order to have these charges dropped

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 6403/31/2019

R56 you’re not black, are you?

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 6503/31/2019

Not r56, but why would you say that, r65?

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 6603/31/2019

R66, it was sarcasm. Of course R56 is black AND racist.

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 6703/31/2019

R64, God I hope you’re right! The discovery process alone will get us to 100 threads!

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 6803/31/2019

[quote]They are the idealogical offspring of the OJ defenders.

Oh, dear!

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 6903/31/2019

Chris Rock, like Richard Pryor, says what he wants. So refreshing and funny and rare.

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 7003/31/2019

Chris Rock for President!

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 7103/31/2019

It would probably better if Rock and SNL just ignored Smollett rather than give him any importance at all. Let him be forgotten.

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 7203/31/2019

The State Supreme Court has an attorney discipline committee that exists to catch people embezzling funds , ignoring their caseload or impaired by drugs or alcohol. Nothing Foxx did arises to that level. The state bar is for rubber chicken luncheons, continuing education, referrals and judicial evaluation.

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 7303/31/2019

I disagree. He needs to be publically ridiculed by his peers. He’s an embarrassment and deserves to recognized as such.

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 7403/31/2019

Did SNL shame his loser ass?

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 7503/31/2019

R71 Chris is ready.

Head of State (2003)

Head of State (2003)

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 7603/31/2019

R72 Fuck off Jurnee, mocking your brother will be a full time job for comics, you stupidly named garbage

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 7703/31/2019

“Jurnee” is a known casting couch slut.

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 7803/31/2019

[quote]Nothing Foxx did arises to that level.

Oh, dear!

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 7903/31/2019

R78 She must be, saw her in that fucking boring slavery tv show, she stunk and must have sucked mucho cock to get the role

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 8003/31/2019

I would love to see him mom interviewed

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 8103/31/2019

I think the only reason JEssie didn't attend the NAACP awards was because he was tipped he wouldn't win.

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 8203/31/2019

You may be right, r82.

I don’t know why Kim Fixx didn’t do something about that, too.

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 8303/31/2019

Chris Rock hilariously summed this up. This privileged, light skinned stunt queen has some nerve. Better call Stacey Dash bitch. He will likely never gain black people's respect again. Jessie it is.

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 8403/31/2019

If he thought he had a 1% chance of winning, his C-list (at best) attention craving, sorry ass would have been there. He was spared the embarrassment of being laughed at by all those attendees, by being given a courtesy heads up,.

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 8503/31/2019

Jussie - just go away. Thank you.

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 8603/31/2019

CHICAGO (AP) – The Rev. Jesse Jackson and other clergy are planning a rally in support of Cook County State’s Attorney Kim Foxx, who’s faced criticism since her office dropped charges against actor Jussie Smollett. Jackson’s Rainbow/PUSH Coalition says the civil rights leader will join fellow clergy, elected officials, attorneys and community activists for a Monday morning rally at the Chicago Temple supporting Foxx.

Conmen (and women) gotta stick together.

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 8703/31/2019

Really, now? Jackson's caught up in this sorry mess, too; he's the one who wrote the letter saying Jussie did community service for Rainbow/PUSH and subsequently said he had no idea the community service had anything to do with getting the charges dropped. What the fuck did he think he was writing the letter for?

Foxx earned this criticism fair and square, and she'd do well to step up and take responsibility.

r73, if that's the way attorney discipline works in Illinois, then so be it. In DC, the Bar Association hears and decides discipline cases, including conflicts/appearance issues. If the Illinois State Supreme Court has that function, I'm sure it considers alleged conflicts of interest as well.

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 8803/31/2019

SNL.

Network Meeting - SNL

Jussie Smollett (Chris Redd) explains why he was late to a meeting. #SNL #SandraOh #TameImpala #SNL44 Subscribe to SNL: https://goo.gl/tUsXwM Get more SNL: h...

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 8903/31/2019

U.S. Rep. Maxine Waters, D-Calif., was honored over the weekend at the NAACP Image Awards, where Smollett was also nominated -- but lost -- for best-supporting actor in a television drama for his role as Jamal Lyon on the Fox series. He was edged out by "Grey's Anatomy" star Jesse Williams.

In an interview with "Extra," Waters said it was the "correct thing" for prosecutors to dismiss all 16 felony counts against Smollett, who is black and gay.

Maxine Waters says it was 'correct thing' for Jussie Smollett charges to be dropped

The decision to drop charges against “Empire” star Jussie Smollett may have stoked controversy in Chicago, but the actor still has the backing of a prominent California Democrat.

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 9004/01/2019

That SNL skit was good.

“I’m the gay Tupac.”

“Jussie, nobody knows what that means.”

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 9104/01/2019

Oh Maxine. Just stay quiet next time. Jesus.

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 9204/01/2019

She's not capable of exercising judgment, r92. Add to that shortcoming the fact that she's a dimwit. Her heart may be in the right place, but.....

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 9304/01/2019

I can’t stand Maxine. Anyone have any updates on the protest that we’re supposed to happen today in Chicago?

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 9404/01/2019

Stupid Jussie. He’s bringing Empire’s ratings down. Just about everyone hates him. He’ll never recover from these lies. What was he thinking? Oh yeah. He wasn’t.

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 9504/01/2019

[quote]U.S. Rep. Maxine Waters, D-Calif., was honored over the weekend at the NAACP Image Awards

When is this worthless bitch finally going to die?

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 9604/01/2019

Chicago police call for state's attorney to resign in Smollett controversy

Chicago police call for state's attorney to resign in Smollett...

Protesting Chicago police officers on Monday called for Cook County State’s Atto...

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 9704/01/2019

So what they are saying by dismissing the charges is that there WAS an attack and Wussie was telling the truth......I'm confused by the dropping of the charges.....

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 9804/02/2019

He Smelled My Hair and Whispered, "This Is Biden Country!"

Offsite Link
by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 9904/02/2019

No,r98. I don't think anyone in law enforcement/prosecution has said that Jesse was attacked and there was no hoax. They have said variously that they believe he committed the hoax and that the dismissal is not an exoneration--the State's Attorney just decided to dismiss the case. First she said it was because he did his community service and forfeited his bond so they'll call it square. Next she said maybe they couldn't prove up the case in court.

But nobody other than Jesse's family and friends and a couple of posters on this thread has said he didn't do it.

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 10004/02/2019

Gloria Schmidt, attorney for the Osundairo Brothers, laughed out loud at the continued lies by Jussie Smollett and his attorneys tonight on Tucker Carlson’s show.

Schmidt said the brothers stand by their testimony that this was a staged hate hoax by Smollett. The brothers regret their role in the hate hoax. Their attorney also said the Osundairo brothers are not homophobic, not racist and they are not anti-Trump.

Attorney for Nigerian Brothers: They Stand By Their Testimony That Jussie Smollett Staged a Hate Hoax (VIDEO)

Gloria Schmidt, attorney for the Osundairo Brothers, laughed out loud at the continued lies by Jussie Smollett and his attorneys tonight on Tucker Carlson’s show. Schmidt said the brothers stand by their testimony that this was a staged hate hoax by Smollett. The brothers regret their role in the hate hoax. Their attorney also said …

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 10104/02/2019

R101 Well that sounds off. I have a hard time believing they aren't "Anti-Trump" by the standards of Carlson's audience. The hell was that interview for even?

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 10204/02/2019

Everybody is confused by the dropping of the charges, r98.

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 10304/02/2019

As a panelist on Bill Maher's show last Friday, former New York attorney general Preet Bharara was asked if he could help explain what happened in the Smollett dismissal. He just shook his head in disbelief and said "Nope. Not a single thing about it makes any sense and I have no explanation at all. In all my years of prosecuting I've never seen anything like it."

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 10404/02/2019

Thanks R100......some folks are talking as if he is exonerated and that he told the truth, etc. Crazy.....

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 10504/02/2019

Tracy Morgan is not a fan of Jussie either

Tracy Morgan Takes Down Jussie Smollett On ‘The Tonight Show’

Tracy Morgan sat down with The Tonight Show host and fellow Saturday Night Live alum to talk about his latest gig: a new role on Empire. “Contractually, all I have to do is fake a hate crime,…

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 10604/02/2019

I love how the black community is now openly laughing at what a pathetic mess Jussie is (save queen cunt Ana DuVernay).

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 10704/02/2019

Has Oprah had anything to say recently?

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 10804/02/2019

It’s pretty obvious that Michelle Obama spoke to the State’s Attorney and “suggested” that the charges be dropped.

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 10904/02/2019

[quote]I love how the black community is now openly laughing at what a pathetic mess Jussie is

The black community is homophobic, and is taking advantage of this opportunity to openly mock a gay person.

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 11004/02/2019

You really think the black community is that homogeneous, r110?

I think he has plenty of support among black folks--mostly the ones who won't ever concede that a black person has done something wrong---or if he did, it was because of years of oppression and injustice, so he shouldn't be blamed.

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 11104/02/2019

I always knew MO's schmoozing with black Hollywood would come back to bite her

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 11204/02/2019

Black people always go to bat for lightskin blacks. Lee Daniels loves Jussie because of his looks. Chris Rock was right.

If Jussie was a darkskin gay man, he wouldn't be as coddled or supported.

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 11304/02/2019

Not obvious at all , r109; don't present it as fact. It may be true, but I think it's unlikely that she would have exercised such poor judgment.

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 11404/02/2019

𝑬𝒗𝒆𝒏 𝑻𝒓𝒂𝒄𝒚 𝒏𝒐𝒕𝒊𝒄𝒆𝒅 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒔𝒂𝒎𝒎𝒊𝒄𝒉.

Fallon then asked: 'You don't buy that story?' - referring to Smollett's claims that he was the victim of a racist, homophobic attack by two men in downtown Chicago in January.

Morgan replied: 'Nah man! First of all, racist people don't be jumping nobody in the polar vortex. It's too cold. You be racist in the spring.'

'Racists don't be watching Empire,' the Last O.G. star added.

Morgan also joked that the story didn't add up because Smollett was seen holding his Subway sandwich after the attack.

'He didn't let that Subway sandwich go,' he said before Fallon changed the subject.

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 11504/02/2019

[quote]Morgan replied: 'Nah man! First of all, racist people don't be jumping nobody in the polar vortex. It's too cold. You be racist in the spring.'

I can actually hear him saying this, and it’s hysterical.

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 11604/02/2019

And these were EACH points raised early in the original Jussie thread. And earned the posters a reply calling them racist.

Now is that guy going to call Tracy racist too ?

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 11704/02/2019

Tracy Morgan is a piece of shit. This is the same guy who said he would “pull out a knife and stab” a son of his if he turned out gay.

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 11804/02/2019

Yeah, not sure I'd be so quick to jump on a Tracy Morgan bandwagon.

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 11904/02/2019

True R119, but at least he was saying what everyone was thinking.

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 12004/02/2019

Is Tracy Morgan still milking that car crash for every cent it’s worth?

Wear your seat belt next time, asshole.

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 12104/02/2019

Remember when we were DL famous for a glorious yet fleeting time? I found the anonymous letter thread and got a bit misty.

Sending an anonymous note through the mail

What's the best way to do it? With disguised handwriting, or should you print it out from a document?

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 12204/02/2019

I love the new mayor already

CWBChicago on Twitter

“Breaking: #Chicago mayor-elect Lori Lightfoot says @jussiesmollett "should be held accountable" and @SAKimFoxx owes the public "more information." "Very compelling case" that #JussieSmollett "staged a hoax." STORY: https://t.co/B7VIwz1c1I”

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 12304/03/2019

Link to full article:

Lightfoot: Smollett should "be held accountable"; Foxx owes public "more information"

Lori Lightfoot and Jussie Smollett | Lightfoot for Chicago; CBS Fresh off her victory to become Chicago’s next mayor, Lori Lightfoot o...

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 12404/03/2019

Can she revoke his Chicago privileges?

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 12504/03/2019

R93, R94, and R96, wave that Russian troll flag!

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 12604/03/2019

Who the f--- is in the OP pic? He somewhat resembles the notorious Venomfang X, aka Shawn Karon.

"Boo"? WTF?

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 12704/03/2019

R121 has never been in a tour bus nor an RV.

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 12804/03/2019

I missed this nugget. Something may go down on Thursday. Thread:

CWBChicago on Twitter

“Son of a BANANA! Hearing that attorneys have filed for *another* emergency hearing in the #JussieSmollett case for Thursday. Initial word is that the topic is expungement, but judge who handles those in county was very clear last week: No shortcuts to long process. Developing...”

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 12904/03/2019

R124 She basically came out and said he staged a hoax...on her first day in office:

“I saw…a very compelling case, with videotapes, witness statements, and other information that looked like he had staged a hoax. And if that happens, he’s got to be held accountable.”

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 13004/03/2019

That States’ Attorney, Ms. Foxx, has a lot to explain.

She was definitely pressured, or bribed, into dropping this case.

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 13104/03/2019

Michelle Obama pressured Kim Foxx because she's friends with the Smollett family .

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 13204/03/2019

I don't think this is anything more than your speculation, r132. I'm sure the Obamas are too smart to get involved in this nonsense.

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 13304/03/2019

Jussie oh dear. You need to re-think the hoax.

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 13404/03/2019

If Ari Emmanuel destroys Jussie's career in Hollywood, we'll know Rahm's rage was real.

If Jussie thrives in Hollywood, it can only be with Ari Emmanuel's say-so, which would mean Rahm's rage was staged to deflect attention away from Rahm's cronies who may have pulled strings on Smollett's behalf.

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 13504/03/2019

R135............?

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 13604/03/2019

Was Jussie getting personal training to lose weight for another role? He did look a little heavier in tonight's episode, whenever it was filmed. Maybe he was stress eating or he is just starting to look like a regular 36 year old.

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 13704/03/2019

Why are you watching that trash?

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 13804/03/2019

It's Thursday....what happened????

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 13904/04/2019

Suburban police chiefs expected to blast Kim Foxx at afternoon press conference. Recent "no confidence" letter previews law enforcement's concerns.

"No confidence": Suburban police chiefs blast Foxx on Smollett, felony procedures, and more

The letter sent to Kim Foxx by north suburban police leaders. | Provided New details are out this morning about the specific issues that...

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 14004/04/2019

[quote]I'm sure the Obamas are too smart to get involved in this nonsense.

From what we know to date, it was a former assistant of Michelle’s that got involved. I think had that woman not worked for Michelle, the Obamas name wouldn’t have even been brought up, but it’s “sexy” for the press to bring them in. The fact that this woman worked for Michelle has no bearing. Why didn’t they say she was a former assistant to Joe Higenbother. Because people would say, “who?”

I don’t see the Obamas even caring enough about this particular circumstance to care to get involved.

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 14104/04/2019

I couldn't agree more, r141, but posters like r132 keep insisting that somehow Michelle went to bat for Jussie because of their "family friendship." Doubtful, indeed.

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 14204/04/2019

Henson declares Jussie WILL be back on Empire

Taraji P. Henson Says Jussie Smollett Will Return to 'Empire'

Taraji P. Henson says Jussie Smollett's returning to "Empire."

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 14304/04/2019

Jussie will now strut away quietly while the Chicago police, state attorney, and municipal leaders snatch each other's wigs off over longstanding failures and issues that have plagued the city for years. It only took one attitudinal queen to start all this mess.

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 14404/04/2019

Taraji has been a total mess during all this. No, honey. As Dorinda Medley would say, CLIP.

Her new movie with Sam Rockwell looks awful. Somehow an even cheesier version of Green Book.

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 14504/04/2019

Looks like bad Oscar bait released in April.

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 14604/04/2019

I think Empire producers are going to throw their hands up in the air and cancel the show. Damned of they do and damned if they don't.

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 14704/04/2019

Not surprising, they are calling for Foxx to resign

CWBChicago on Twitter

“So the reporter's next steps should be: - Determine how many suburban police departments have black police chiefs. - Confirm that they are members of the represented associations - Contact them to ask for their points of view. https://t.co/2THrM5FBn9”

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 14804/04/2019

Jussie is getting sued by the City of Chicago! This is going to be so much fun.

City of Chicago Will Sue Jussie Smollett over Alleged Attack

City of Chicago to sue Jussie Smollett for cost of investigating 'attack.'

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 14904/04/2019

And we thought this ended when the charges were dropped and we’d be done with these threads. Silly us, this shit is just getting started!

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 15004/04/2019

Holy fuck is this guy STUPID! For whatever (corrupt) reason, this asshole managed to get a mind numbing 16 charges totally dropped. All he had to do was pay the 130k and this bit would have been done and dusted. He didn't, so what happens? Check this out:

In addition, in order to win, the City must prove that it's more likely than not that Jussie faked the "attack." This, in effect, puts Jussie on trial before an administrative law judge.

So basically this dumb fuck is going to end up on trial anyway! And the FBI hasn't landed yet, so still more to come there! There is joy back in the Jussie thread!

Offsite Link
by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 15104/04/2019

R151 Cheap dumb fuck

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 15204/04/2019

Jussie done fucked up, as the old folks would say.

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 15304/04/2019

I don't know what the rules of evidence/discovery are in an administrative case, but it's possible that all the secrecy will be blown up so the state can prove its case. This should be interesting. I honestly didn't think there could be a cause of action like this.

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 15404/04/2019

Yes! And let the record show, there were some of us on this thread that knew he wouldn’t get away with it even after they dropped the charges.

Also, where is the cunt who called anyone against Jussie a racist?

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 15504/04/2019

[quote] This should be interesting. I honestly didn't think there could be a cause of action like this.

And I still don't think there is a cause of action, thanks to DA Foxx's corrupt deal. Had reimbursement been a condition of the deal he would be stuck, but otherwise citizens aren't usually billed for direct police services other then in general taxes.

HOWEVER, the thought occurs to me people whose own negligent actions get themselves trapped on mountains and forests will sometimes be billed for the cost of rescue. Maybe an argument along these lines could be made.

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 15604/04/2019

Also, r156, anyone (or entity) can sue anyone for anything.

Whether or not they’ll prevail, that’s another matter.

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 15704/05/2019

So how’d this work out for the dumb fuk Jussie? This is hardly over. Stupid idiot.

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 15804/05/2019

That's true up to a point, r157, but most frivolous suits don't survive the Clerk's Office, and if they do they're dismissed by the Court with costs imposed for wasting the Court's time.

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 15904/05/2019

[quote]thanks to DA Foxx's corrupt deal.

Thanks to Michelle Obama’s corrupt deal.

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 16004/05/2019

So many dead horses beaten on these Jussie threads.

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 16104/05/2019

If you want to take my comment literally, r159, but that’s not how I meant it.

This would not be a case that would be considered frivolous and immediately dismissed. This may even set a precedent.

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 16204/05/2019

Foxx's dismissal of the charges was so nakedly, brazenly corrupt, she must be protecting more than a B-list actor's reputation and career. Jussie really is buddies with Barack and Michelle and he is close to Kamala Harris as well. It is entirely possible that he staged the attack to coincide with Harris's anti-lynching bill. It would not be the least bit surprising if the Obamas and/or Harris pressured Foxx to torpedo the case against him.

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 16304/05/2019

I can't be expected to vet your comments for subtleties, r 162. And if you're correct in your evaluation of this case, I'll be as interested as anyone to see how it plays out. I still think that it may suffer from something akin to ripeness because neither the courts nor the settlement agreement have established that Jussie in fact perpetrated the hoax. I'm not sure how it can be alleged that he wasted the city's resources without those findings of fact.

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 16404/05/2019

Wouldn’t that be the thrust of the complaint?

City of Chicago intends to prove he committed a hoax and, by doing so cost the city XX dollars and we want that money back?

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 16504/05/2019

Well, that's the question, isn't it? I really do think this is an interesting wrinkle, but maybe it's just a question of proving civilly what wasn't provable (because of the dismissal) criminally. It will certainly be an effective way of bringing out all the pertinent facts -- unless Jussie's team decides the better part of valor is to pay the $130,000 and avoid airing any more dirty laundry.

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 16604/05/2019

R163, I don't think it's Barack. Barack is too smart and nerdy to get involved in this mess. He probably has never watched an episode of Empire before. He is too busy writing his memoirs. Barack once said (referring to Hillary's emails) that he never does anything questionable via email.

It's Michelle. She is the one with all the black Hwood friends. She loves low level Hollywood shit. She's become quite the narcissist lately. I hate to say it. One of the things I liked about her was she seemed far more down to earth than Barack. Now Michelle is becoming the arrogant one. Oprah levels of celebrity worship/star fucking in MO now

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 16704/05/2019

Just look at the entitlement. The Smollett family reaching out to Michelle Obama for help getting Jussie out of trouble and forever insecure Michelle doing so because deep inside she enjoys finally being the popular girl or in the "cool crowd" at 50+ years old.

Another insecure over 50 is Lee Daniels-the show's producer who projected everything he wishes he could be (mainly light skin and curly hair as Chris Rock aptly noted) in Jussie Smollett his biracial savior

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 16804/05/2019

Interesting scenario, r168, but I believe it takes place entirely in your imagination.

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 16904/05/2019

It sounds ridiculous perhaps to white people but trust me- how Jussie Smollett is being treated and coddled by black people has everything to do with his looks and colorism. Biracial or lighter skinned African Americans are treated better by black folk than very dark skinned people. White savior isn't the only phenomenon. There's also a thing called biracial savior where biracials have white guilt and overcompensate for their white side by being a very pro black activist and "leader".

There's a reason Oprah was starry eyed and acted like a schoolgirl over Barack. Guarantee you if Barack looked like Martin Luther King or Clarence Thomas- she would not have endorsed him.

Chris Rock's joke was more spot on than people want to admit. We can't ignore cultural nuances and the subtext they bring to this discussion.

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 17004/05/2019

This has great promise to go far fucking deeper than if he had just gone to trial for his stupid hoax. Heads are going to roll. I can't wait.

Chicago attorney calls for Jussie Smollett to be RE-CHARGED with staging alleged attack and calls for investigation into whether city's top prosecutor interfered in controversial decision to drop felony charges against him

Attorney calls for investigation alleging interference in decision to drop charges

Saani Mohammed filed petition asking for a special prosecutor to investigate

He called for Jussie Smollett to be re-charged over allegedly staging an attack

Chicago police chiefs associations called for the resignation of Kimberly Foxx

Police unions passed 'no confidence' vote in the Cook County State's Attorney

Chicago will sue Smollett for costs of police time spent investigating his claims

Empire actor told police he was the victim of a racist and homophobic attack

Chicago police demand resignation of top prosecutor over Smollett case

Chicago police chiefs called for Cook County State's Attorney, Kimberly Foxx, to step down and a city attorney has called for an investigation into the dropping of 16 charges against Jussie Smollett.

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 17104/05/2019

Tribune coverage. I want to smack that woman holding the sign. Though she looks like she's getting paid for it.

Attorney calls for special prosecutor to investigate if Kim Foxx interfered in Jussie Smollett investigation

An attorney is asking that a special prosecutor be appointed to look into whether Jussie Smollett should be recharged with staging a hate crime as well as whether State’s Attorney Kim Foxx or her subordinates interfered with the investigation.

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 17204/05/2019

She looks like someone's holding a gun to her head.

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 17304/05/2019

Have we seen one fact that Michelle Obama is involved in this? Why does this keep getting stated as fact? Please stop until you have some serious receipts, otherwise you sound unhinged.

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 17404/05/2019

Thanks, r174

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 17504/05/2019

It's a discussion board. Nothing is fact, unless backed with a link to a reputable news article. But MO is involved.

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 17604/05/2019

R176 Your post contradicts itself.

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 17704/05/2019

I thought I recognized the woman in r172. A little research on the web and, I knew it!

Offsite Link
by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 17804/05/2019

You freaks are ridiculous with your Michelle Obama bullshit. Of course she was not involved.

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 17904/05/2019

Geragos is threatening to sue the city of Chicago for defamation

Jussie Smollett Says Chicago is Trying to Maliciously Intimidate Him

Jussie Smollett's lawyer Mark Geragos says City of Chicago's lawsuit is malicious and defamatory.

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 18004/05/2019

[quote]Geragos is threatening to sue the city of Chicago for defamation

Come at me, bro!

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 18104/05/2019

If Geragos is indeed the co-conspirator of what Avenatti is apparently facing, re: extortion charges, he's got more to worry about than trying to stare down the city of Chicago.

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 18204/05/2019

Tina Tchen is an assistant to Michelle Obama.

She reached out and emailed Kim Foxx on behalf of the Smollett family.

It is safe to assume Tina Tchen-an aide to Michelle Obama- was doing this for Michelle Obama

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 18304/05/2019

R183 I don't think it is "safe to assume". That's some guilt by association shit. Nice try.

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 18404/05/2019

Even People Magazine is reporting it.

Why Former Michelle Obama Aide Was in Contact with the State Attorney for Jussie Smollett's Case

"My sole activity was to put the chief prosecutor in the case in touch with an alleged victim’s family," Tina Tchen said in a statement to PEOPLE

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 18504/05/2019

[quote]Tina Tchen is an assistant to Michelle Obama.

Is? Or was?

[quote]FORMER Michelle Obama aid...(emphasis added.)

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 18604/05/2019

r185 Yes, note: "former aide"

Ex-Michelle Obama aide explains why she reached out to Kim Foxx regarding Jussie Smollett case - theGrio

Speculation on why the one time staffer for the former First Lady was involved with the Jussie Smollet case, but she tries to explain why

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 18704/05/2019

Jussie Smollett and Michelle Obama once danced on stage, and he performed musically at the Obama White House in honor of Ray Charles.

Offsite Link
by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 18804/05/2019

Jussie and his brother at The White House

Jussie Smollett on Twitter

“With my big bro Jojo, @MichelleObama & @BarackObama back when the White House was the Kingdom of Wakanda...????????????????????????????????????????????????????????”

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 18904/05/2019

Jussie had his nose up everyone's asses. Please can we stop with the non facts?

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 19004/05/2019

No such thing as a "former" lackey/ chief of staff.

Interesting that Barack's former chief of staff Rahm is on the opposite side of the Jussie Smollett debacle

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 19104/05/2019

Both Smollett sisters also worked for the Obama campaign in 2008 and 2012.

Jussie Smollett & Michelle Obama: What’s the Link?

Michelle Obama's former chief of staff communicated with the Cook County prosecutor who recused herself in the Jussie Smollett case.

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 19204/05/2019

Oh, well, if *PEOPLE* is reporting it, it must be true. And even HEAVY. Oooooh.

Re Geragos suing the city for defamation, lotsa luck to him. The standard of proof for defamation is a lot stricter if the defamed person is a public figure. Whether Geragos is suing on Smollett's behalf or on his own, he would be held to that standard.

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 19304/05/2019

Everyone is reporting it, R193. You can't play dumb. The optics point to Obama meddling.

It doesn't matter if Tina Tchen was a former chief of staff or not. Once a lackey, always a lackey!

Do you really think Michelle would email Kim Foxx herself? She called in a favor. Who says no to Michelle Obama? Tina Tchen and Kim Foxx had to do what was asked

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 19404/05/2019

OK Michelle Obama troll, you've made your point. Come up with some new material now.

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 19504/05/2019

Well, this is a good example of why state, government and bar association ethics regs speak to "appearances of impropriety" as well as actual impropriety. Obviously, the optics aren't good, and they're being spun as in your post and some of the links posted above. Tchen shouldn't have made the call and Foxx shouldn't have acquiesced---and since she did, she should have done a proper recusal applicable to her entire staff and requested an independent counsel.

Nevertheless, optics aren't receipts, and I find it hard to believe that either Obama would risk damaging their brand by getting involved in this nonsense, however indirectly.

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 19604/05/2019

And "everyone reporting" something doesn't make it true, r194. You can't be that naive, can you?

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 19704/05/2019

R188 how embarrassing -Michelle shucking and jiving

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 19804/05/2019

[quote]Geragos is threatening to sue the city of Chicago for defamation

Bitch, I’m black. And a woman. And a lesbian. You think I got where I am today by not being a fighter?!

Sit your old ass down.

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 19904/05/2019

[quote]Do you really think Michelle would email Kim Foxx herself? She called in a favor.

So let me get this straight. Instead of Michelle, with all her influence and name cache, picking up the phone and calling directly, where there would be no trace of what was discussed, she instead called a former aid of hers? And says, what, “Hey, girl. I know you don’t work for me anymore, but can you find the time to write an email for me? But it has to be an email so there’s a paper trail, mkay”? And then, this former aid never mentions her name, such as “I’m writing on behalf of...” or anything? I guess Michelle just assumed that, since she once worked for her in the past, they would put two and two together and realize it was actually on Michelle’s behalf?

You know what, you may be onto something here. SMH.

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 20004/05/2019

Of course Michelle Obama was NOT involved....but you can bet your ass that woman used her NAME when she made the call.

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 20104/05/2019

Tchen may have enough name recognition in Chicago (she certainly does in some DC legal/SJW circles) that she wouldn't have to drop Michelle's.

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 20204/05/2019

Oh Maxine I loved you with all my heart. Sorry but this time you are on the wrong side , dear.

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 20304/05/2019

LOL.....yes her name alone would have more influence than dropping the name of the former First Lady of the United States...for sure...especially in Chicago where she has name recognition. Haahahahahaha.

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 20404/05/2019

[quote]but you can bet your ass that woman used her NAME when she made the call.

Except she didn’t make a call. She sent a text.

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 20504/05/2019

A full investigation needs to be done.

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 20604/05/2019

Foxx has got to fucking go. She's a disaster. The full article is at the link, but some tidbits about her rally:

Despite promises made to the media, no police chiefs showed up to support Foxx. Rev. Jesse Jackson Sr. organized the event but offered no explanation for the African American police chiefs' absences.

After days of mixed messages and conflicting statements from Foxx and her top leadership, the state’s attorney made no effort to set the record straight regarding the Smollett case.

Instead, she repeatedly stated that she had "recused" herself from the Smollett case, when, in fact, she has already admitted that she did not recuse herself. The term was used "colloquially," her office clarified after the truth came out, not in the legal sense that would require an outside attorney's office to take over the case.

Foxx also once again dove for cover behind the volume of cases her office handles and, sickeningly, the children who are regularly shot on the streets of Chicago. Of course, diverting precious resources from "real" crime victims is precisely the reason Smollett was charged in the first place. Want to show the public that you're serious about the judicious use of resources, Ms. Foxx? Prosecute celebrities who tie up those resources to bolster their shrinking fame.

CWBChicago on Twitter

“African-American police chiefs no-show at Kim Foxx rally. Foxx says she didn't have the resources to prosecute Jussie Smollett for (wait for it) wasting police resources. STORY: https://t.co/l9rZqZcZHX Video grab via (and more coverage available) from @NaderDIssa”

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 20704/06/2019

The CWB Chicago Twitter guy is in a mood today.

CWBChicago on Twitter

“Dispatch: "Units in 18, fresh donuts in the kitchen." #ChicagoScanner #Chicago”

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 20804/06/2019

Foxx looks like something out of Planet of the Apes

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 20904/06/2019

Hi, Roseanne!

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 21004/06/2019

Yeah, but r209 is right.

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 21104/07/2019

Foxx looks like a Harvey Comics character.

Offsite Link
by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 21204/07/2019

wow. yes.

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 21304/07/2019

Fixx is now saying race is behind the criticism of her.

Kim Foxx suggests race a factor in Jussie Smollett criticism

The Chicago prosecutor whose office dismissed charged against Jussie Smollett defended the decision on Saturday, saying the “Empire” actor was treated no differently than thousands of other defendants whose charges were similarly dropped since she took office.

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 21404/07/2019

She has some fucking nerve playing the race card when the very case she's under fire for was a FAKE RACE-RELATED HOAX!

Why isn't she out on her ass yet?

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 21504/07/2019

Of course she's playing the race card. There are so many race cards out there that somebody must have gin rummy.

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 21604/07/2019

It’s the only card Fixx has to play!

Isn’t one of the most vocal critics of her a BLACK police chief?

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 21704/07/2019

Picky, picky, r217. I have to say, anyone with half a brain must realize by now that she was either influenced, racially motivated or is stupid--or some cocktail of of all the above. Whether or not one thinks Smollett is guilty, her actions in summarily dropping the charges and then constantly revising her justifications are insupportable.

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 21804/07/2019

I just know the CWB Chicago twitter guy is a datalounger.

CWBChicago on Twitter

“Guess we'd better read this so we know what we're supposed to think. https://t.co/Br5NqeCY9i”

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 21904/07/2019

Picky, picky about what, R218? That comment makes no sense whatsoever.

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 22004/07/2019

It was mild sarcasm directed toward Foxx, r218. Not about you , so please sit back down.

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 22104/07/2019

More Jussie collateral damage. Jussie's defender is falling on his face.

𝗖𝗼𝗿𝘆 𝗕𝗼𝗼𝗸𝗲𝗿’𝘀 𝗙𝗶𝗿𝘀𝘁 𝗤𝘂𝗮𝗿𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗙𝘂𝗻𝗱𝗿𝗮𝗶𝘀𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗶𝘀 𝗢𝘂𝘁 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗜𝘁’𝘀 … 𝗟𝗮𝗰𝗸𝗹𝘂𝘀𝘁𝗲𝗿

Presidential candidate Cory Booker‘s first fundraising total for his 2020 run for president is out, and it’s not promising for the Senator. He’s well behind the totals of his fellow high name-recognition candidates.

With just $5 million raised raised, it’s looking more like a “who is Spartacus moment” than the “incredible energy and enthusiasm” Booker cites in announcing the numbers.

Booker isn’t even at a third of what Sen. Bernie Sanders ($18.2 million) has pulled in. He’s slightly over 1/3 of the total amount brought in by Sen. Kamala Harris ($12 million).

In fact, he’s only at about half that of failed senate candidate Beto O’Rourke ($9.4 million), and isn’t even neck-and-neck former mayor Pete Buttigieg ($7 million). He is beating relative unknown Andrew Yang’s $1.7, though.

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 22204/07/2019

There's no reason to think that Booker's floundering because of Smollett.

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 22304/07/2019

I've always loved Chris Rock's commentary on the shit/topic of the day, particularly the 'Hollywood' shit. He is always the first to take down that shit when other people won't.

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 22404/07/2019

Cory Booker is floundering because he’s an annoying, drama queen who inspires ZERO passion in voters this year. Compared to someone like Mayor Pete, he very much comes off as a humorless scold who takes himself way too seriously. And that desperate Rosario Dawson business? Please. The supposed friendship with Jussie and the “high-tech lynching” coents are not major deleterious factors but they are certainly not helping matters.

Sorry, honey, it’s not happening this year.

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 22504/07/2019

R217 Yeah the Police Chief and the newly-elected Mayor are both black. That’s gonna make it hard for this scumbag to play the race card. And the new mayor has already spoken about this—she wants answers and shs’s seen the voluminous evidence that this was a hoax.

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 22604/07/2019

R226 that all the power players in this whole scenario are black and but they still try with the knee jerk “it’s cuz I’m black” reaction is what makes this case so delicious 😋

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 22704/07/2019

𝗖𝗵𝗶𝗰𝗮𝗴𝗼'𝘀 𝗽𝗼𝗹𝗶𝗰𝗲 𝘂𝗻𝗶𝗼𝗻 𝗶𝘀 '𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝘀𝘄𝗼𝗿𝗻 𝗲𝗻𝗲𝗺𝘆 𝗼𝗳 𝗯𝗹𝗮𝗰𝗸 𝗽𝗲𝗼𝗽𝗹𝗲,' 𝗥𝗲𝗽. 𝗕𝗼𝗯𝗯𝘆 𝗥𝘂𝘀𝗵 𝘀𝗮𝘆𝘀 after protest of Jussie Smollett case

After a week of heated protests and calls for her resignation, Cook County State’s Attorney Kim Foxx and African-American leaders condemned Chicago’s police union and defended how the prosecutor’s office addressed an actor’s alleged hate crime hoax.

Foxx vowed to remain at her post during a Saturday news conference, despite intense controversy sparked in March when her office dropped a 16-count indictment that accused television actor Jussie Smollett of orchestrating a racist and homophobic attack on himself to advance his career.

Foxx declined to address “the substance of the case” with reporters gathered at the Rev. Jesse Jackson’s Rainbow/PUSH Coalition headquarters, though she’s faced mounting pressure to specify why Smollett’s prosecution was so quickly abandoned.

But U.S. Rep. Bobby Rush, activist Ja’Mal Green, Jackson and a group of other Foxx supporters blamed the city’s Fraternal Order of Police for a Monday confrontation over the Smollett case that displayed some of the city’s racial and political divisions.

“The FOP is the sworn enemy of black people, the sworn enemy of black people,” said Rush, who drew criticism in the city’s mayoral election when he suggested supporters of Mayor-elect Lori Lightfoot would have the blood of African-American youth killed by the police on their hands.

“The FOP has always taken the position that black people can be shot down in the street by members of the Chicago Police Department, and suffer no consequences,” 𝑹𝒖𝒔𝒉 𝒔𝒂𝒊𝒅, 𝒂𝒔 𝒂𝒏 𝒂𝒊𝒅𝒆 𝒑𝒖𝒍𝒍𝒆𝒅 𝑭𝒐𝒙𝒙 𝒐𝒖𝒕 𝒐𝒇 𝒕𝒆𝒍𝒆𝒗𝒊𝒔𝒊𝒐𝒏 𝒄𝒂𝒎𝒆𝒓𝒂𝒔’ 𝒗𝒊𝒆𝒘. “Let’s be clear: Kim Foxx, her battle, is with the FOP and all of their cohorts.”

The injection of white nationalists in this conversation for me, I will tell you personally, I was afraid,” Foxx said Saturday.

“I would certainly hope that the FOP and whatever their disagreements with me may be, whatever concerns that they may have about my ability or leadership, would at least expect the people of their union to not inject racism or white nationalists into the conversation.”

The union on Saturday described Rush’s comments as “ignorant, offensive, malicious, and false,” and continued to demand that Foxx resign from office.

“These outrageous and irresponsible comments have demeaned each and every Chicago Police Officer, regardless of their race,” the union said.

Chicago's police union is 'the sworn enemy of black people,' Rep. Bobby Rush says after protest of Jussie Smollett case

After a week of heated protests and calls for her resignation, Cook County State’s Attorney Kim Foxx and African-American leaders condemned Chicago’s police union and defended how the prosecutor’s office addressed an actor’s alleged hate crime hoax. Foxx vowed to remain at her post during a Saturday news conference, despite intense controversy sparked in March when her office dropped a 16-count indictment that accused television actor Jussie...

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 22804/07/2019

r228 Why is Rush saying, "...supporters of Mayor-elect Lori Lightfoot would have the blood of African-American youth killed by the police on their hands" when Lightfoot is black?

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 22904/08/2019

Yeah, but is she black black r229?

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 23004/08/2019

A tidbit:

CWBChicago on Twitter

“Exclusive: Prosecutor in Kim Foxx's office speaks out on #JussieSmollett fallout: "When you demean law enforcement...you also contribute to the violence in the city. " Exclusive letter: https://t.co/WE0BWl93si @SAKimFoxx @JussieSmollett”

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 23104/08/2019

I demand the 𝑷𝒖𝒍𝒊𝒕𝒛𝒆𝒓 𝑷𝒓𝒊𝒛𝒆 for CWB !

Offsite Link
by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 23204/08/2019

That's a pretty powerful piece of writing. I hope the mayor-elect's staff have read it; this is the shit that Smollett has rained on the city.

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 23304/09/2019

Any black person with an ounce of brains should be furious with Smollett for making the black community as a whole look stupid for coming to the defense of an obviously guilty criminal.

Smollett is not a martyr to police brutality or systemic injustice. He is a model of wealth privilege. It is a shame the black community is willing to sacrifice its own credibility defending him.

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 23404/09/2019

[quote]It is a shame the black community is willing to sacrifice its own credibility defending him.

And defending him at the expense of two other black guys.

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 23504/09/2019

[quote]It is a shame the black community is willing to sacrifice its own credibility defending him.

It is only delusional Dataloungers who think black people are sacrificing any credibility defending Jussie Smollett. Chris Rock neatly summed up what the majority of black people really feel about Smollett. His light skin makes his actions even more offensive because he already had that advantage in his career. And he still blew it.

If you hear any black person defending him, they are only doing so because he just happens to be half black, not because they like him. At the end of the day, he knew the black community would make him out to be a soft, light skinned punk. That is why he spends his life overcompensating, calling himself the gay Tupac.

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 23604/09/2019

[quote] Any black person with an ounce of brains should be furious with Smollett for making the black community as a whole look stupid for coming to the defense of an obviously guilty criminal.

The black community as a whole has not come to his defense. I have read numerous comments from black people on social media, in the news, etc. criticizing him for the hoax and stating that he got off too easily,

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 23704/09/2019

Everyday black people do not support Jussie. All of the black forums aren't supporting Jussie. They think he's a messy stunt queen that caused lots of unnecessary drama with police. If anything people are angry he's endangering black gay people and black men in general from being believed by police.

It's the black politicos and Hwood celebs like Taraji P Henson, Tyler Perry, Lee Daniels that support Jussie and that's because Jussie and fam are well connected.

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 23804/09/2019

Are Jussie and his family really all that well connected? I can't figure out what the mother has done apart from dropping a lot of names from "the movement," And apart from Jurnee, what do the other ridiculously named siblings do?

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 23904/09/2019

[quote] If you hear any black person defending him, they are only doing so because he just happens to be half black

Do you not see the problem with that?

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 24004/09/2019

r240 of course there is a problem with that. But in Jussie's mind he believes those people are in love with him and his work. That is why he walks around with that arrogant attitude.

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 24104/09/2019

Well, that, and his parents evidently told him he was Chosen. This save the world nonsense he spouts probably started at a very early age.

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 24204/09/2019

He might as well enter the Presidential race at this point. Everyone else has.

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 24304/09/2019

Including, evidently, Alec Baldwin.

It's the End Times.

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 24404/09/2019

[quote] The black community as a whole has not come to his defense.

The community, no. But the "leaders" like Cory Booker certainly stepped in it. But the primary defenders were the white progressives in media who spent weeks silencing ANY people who tried to discuss the obvious holes in his story.

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 24504/09/2019

[quote]It's the black politicos and Hwood celebs like Taraji P Henson, Tyler Perry, Lee Daniels that support Jussie and that's because Jussie and fam are well connected.

Exactly. It is the black elite who have his back because he is their golden boy. If you're not black and your only perspective on this is through the slanted media, you'd think that the black community supports him. Not true at all. Jussie knew he was about to get the "stunt queen" branding from black people, which is why he mentioned it to Robin Robins. That is a dangerous and wreckless individual that you can't trust.

Jason Lee attempted to hook up with Jussie years ago before he was well known on Empire. Jussie had a roommate and a cat. But years later he doesn't even want to give an interview. He talks about Jussie around 34:00

Jason Lee On Blog Politics, Nicki Minaj, Cuddling With Jussie Smollett + More

Subscribe NOW to The Breakfast Club: http://ihe.art/xZ4vAcA Get MORE of The Breakfast Club: ? WATCH MORE: https://www.youtube.com/user/breakfastclubpowerfm ?...

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 24604/09/2019

𝐂𝐖𝐁 𝐂𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐚𝐠𝐨 𝐬𝐜𝐨𝐫𝐞𝐬 𝐚𝐠𝐚𝐢𝐧

An anonymous attorney in the Cook County prosecutor’s office lambasted state attorney Kim Foxx over her handling of the high profile Jussie Smollett case, and the tendency of her and her allies to resort to accusations of racism when criticized, in an a letter provided to 𝑪𝑾𝑩 𝑪𝒉𝒊𝒄𝒂𝒈𝒐 on Monday.

Foxx’s office dropped all charges against Smollett last month after he was indicted by a grand jury for allegedly staging a bigoted and politically-motivated hate crime against himself with the help of two friends who were paid for their services. Citing his record of community service and the technically victimless nature of his alleged crime, Foxx’s office dropped all charges without requiring that Smollett admit guilt.

After briefly reviewing the history of racial discrimination in Chicago, the unnamed assistant state’s attorney attacked Foxx and her allies for casting criticism of the decision as racist.

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 24704/10/2019

[quote]That is a dangerous and wreckless individual

No, he crashed.

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 24804/10/2019

Jussie's new story is that he refused to testify against the brothers in the state case and that's why the charges against him were dropped.

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 24904/10/2019

r249 Where did you hear that?

God he's such a fucking disease.

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 25004/10/2019

Not the greatest source: someone near me on the subway was reading aloud from an article on his ipad. I haven't had time to google it.

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 25104/10/2019

Interesting article about what's wrong with the kind of people who hang out in this thread:

Jussie Smollett and the Impulse to Punish

Criticism against the Cook County state’s attorney for the handling of Smollett’s case exposes an uncomfortable truth about the depth of America’s attachment to mass incarceration.

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 25204/10/2019

You're here too shitlord at r252, check your privilege and run along, toots.

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 25304/10/2019

White guilt driven articles like the one you posted r252 are also a large part of what "the problem" is.

He broke the law, he deserves to be punished. WHY IS THIS HARD?

Also, what r253 said.

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 25404/10/2019

Yes, I have posted here a few times, r253, but not to call for Smollett's head on a pike.

Why don't you two jokers up there try actually reading the article? Among other things, you will learn that 75 percent of class 4 felony charges in Chicago result in deferred prosecutions; the Smollett case is not some glaring exception to what would normally happen to a person in his shoes.

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 25504/10/2019

Not wasting my free views on it only to find out my take is correct r255. Also, deferred prosecution is far, FAR different from having 16 fucking charges simply dropped. The Smollett case is an absolutely perfect example of a glaring exception to what would normally happen.

Gentle reminder, this cunt wouldn't even pony up the 130k for expenses. He is entitled trash of the highest order.

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 25604/10/2019

[quote] Not wasting my free views on it only to find out my take is correct [R255].

Well, at least you admit you didn't read it.

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 25704/10/2019

[quote] White guilt driven articles like the one you posted [R252] are also a large part of what "the problem" is.

The author is not white, and I doubt she's driven by "white guilt."

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 25804/10/2019

Jesus Christ you are tedious r257. Are you trying to sell subscriptions? Copy and paste some of it, but you'll likely either just cherry pick, or, as I am likely correct, the article is biased as fuck.

I don't care if the author is a Martian. Some of the people defending Jussie to the death were POC. Did that cunt Ava write the fucking thing? Did the asshole who tried to get Rob fired write it? did Maya Angelou rise from the dead and write it? Doesn't matter, It has a slant you can see from space and that you are shoving it down our throats is suspect.

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 25904/10/2019

Who the hell are Ava and Rob?

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 26004/10/2019

Ava Duvernay, shitty movie director and Rob is the guy who was reporting on it before anyone else.

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 26104/10/2019

and Rob is the guy who was reporting on it ̶b̶e̶f̶o̶r̶e̶ ̶a̶n̶y̶o̶n̶e̶ ̶e̶l̶s̶e̶.̶ ̶ when the others were hailing Jussie as a heroic martyr while silencing and attacking anyone who doubted the "lynching" story.

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 26204/10/2019

Rob is also...

...our Eskiboo:

Offsite Link
by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 26304/10/2019

Jussie living it up in Hawaii

Jussie Smollett Living it Up in Hawaii Amid Legal Battle with Chicago

Jussie Smollett's living life in Hawaii despite his furious battle with the City of Chicago.

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 26404/11/2019

Does Jussie have good bussy?

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 26504/11/2019

I really hate him.

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 26604/11/2019

I think that should be the title of the next thread R266. It pretty much sums it up.

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 26704/11/2019

Much better article

How the Jussie Smollett case has become an important story about race

Cook County State's Attorney Kim Foxx's secrecy in the Jussie Smollett case, along with her aligning herself with those who claim criticism of her is race-based, has made a small story very important.

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 26804/11/2019

He's officially been sued by the city of Chicago

Jussie Smollett Sued by City of Chicago for $130k, for 'Attack' Investigation

Jussie Smollett has just been sued by the city of Chicago.

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 26904/11/2019

r269 This is so great, especially as Jussie is currently frolicking in Hawaii without a care in the world. This dumb cunt has now hit Lori Loughlin levels of denial.

Jussie Smollett laughs on Hawaii beach after having charges dropped

The 36-year-old Empire actor was pictured laughing as he ate snacks and talked to his sister, Jazz, at the Kaloko-Honok?hau National Historical Park in Kailua on the Big Island.

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 27004/11/2019

He's hit OJ levels of "looking for the real culprit" the fucking nerve of this guy! He has people thinking the streets are crawling with anti-gay, racist, curb stompers and is off in Hawaii without a care in the world. God I hate him! Yes that should be the next thread title.

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 27104/11/2019

It seems like the hatred for him is growing. This isn't just fading away.

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 27204/11/2019

I think that’s because he’s so smug in spite of getting away with it (for now).

Had he come clean, or even didn’t spout out about the charges were dropped because he was innocent, but instead kept his mouth shut, it probably would’ve gone away already. But he’s too arrogant for that.

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 27304/11/2019

Yep, no need to vote for Part 17. I don't think we could do any better than:

Jussie Smollett Updates Part 17 (God, We Hate Him)

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 27404/11/2019

Our boo Rob just tweeted a link to the full complaint.

Offsite Link
by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 27504/11/2019

More context here:

Jussie Smollett update: City sues 'Empire' actor for cost of investigating alleged staged attack

The city of Chicago has filed a lawsuit against actor Jussie Smollett for the cost of the overtime Chicago police spent investigating an attack they say Smollett staged.

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 27604/11/2019

Who was it who said racists don’t watch Empire ?

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 27704/11/2019

[quote] Who was it who said racists don’t watch Empire ?

Chris Rock

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 27804/11/2019

Damn he's getting fat too

Offsite Link
by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 27904/11/2019

He’s a disgusting piece of shit.

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 28004/11/2019

That fat Foxx woman is now crying racism because she’s being criticized for not doing her fucking job... which is to prosecute criminals. Stupid useless bitch.

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 28104/11/2019

Speaking of Foxx...her chief ethics officer is quitting!

The reporting these guys do is really fucking impressive. Toss a buck or two in their tip jar if you can.

CWBChicago on Twitter

“BREAKING: Kim Foxx's chief ethics officer is leaving for private practice, according to multiple sources. Deputy is the one who said Foxx had "recused" herself from #JussieSmollett case. "Recusal" later found to be "colloquial" and not legal. STORY: https://t.co/zgcVyQo5TO”

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 28204/11/2019

He's gaining weight because he paid his personal trainers to assault him, rather than train him.

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 28304/11/2019

And he gets his sub on white.

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 28404/11/2019

I wasn't joking when I posted earlier CWB should get a Pulitzer.

Offsite Link
by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 28504/11/2019

Wasn't that Kim Foxx kind of forced to do that by someone else? Initially she recused herself and then dropped charges at someone else's behest. I feel bad for her, hope it was worth it, ugly.

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 28604/11/2019

r286 The article at r282 might help shed some light on the shady situation.

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 28704/11/2019

r286 Forgot to add, don't feel bad for her. She apparently has a history of questionable decisions. Something in the milk isn't clean, that is for sure.

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 28804/11/2019

[quote]Wasn't that Kim Foxx kind of forced to do that by someone else?

Michelle Obama was involved.

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 28904/12/2019

r289 There is zero proof of that, and your constant insistence that she was, does not at all make it so.

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 29004/12/2019

Drop it, r289. I think it's highly unlikely that she would get involved in this shady business.

r286, do look at the article linked at r282. And keep in mind that Foxx didn't act in good faith from the get-go. She said she recused herself, which is a legal term of art that in this instance would have removed her, her office and everyone in it from the proceedings in favor of a special counsel. She later "clarified" that she was using the term "colloquially." In this case, recusal>colloquially=big fat lie. No one in the legal community, in Chicago or the country, is aware of such a practice or would have any cause to understand what she meant by recusal. So she's either too stupid to know what a basic legal term means (in which case she shouldn't be in her job) or she's venal (in which case she shouldn't be in her job).

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 29104/12/2019

[quote]And he gets his sub on white.

Sigh. Forgotten about. Again.

I’m starting to take this personal.

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 29204/12/2019

The smugness is what gets me. I do believe he has friends in very high places and is ready to spill tea if they don't get him out of this mess.

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 29304/12/2019

Michelle Obama was involved.

She's friends with Jussie Smollett.

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 29404/12/2019

Oh, ENOUGH. Give it up, for chrissakes.

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 29504/12/2019

What “T” does this fat bitch have to drop on anyone? Does he have receipts of who the closeted, downlow guys are in the black acting community or something?

The poster who keeps bringing Michelle Obama into this discussion is deranged.

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 29604/12/2019

R296 Unfortunately we will never know because this case is going to get dropped - the friends in high places will make sure it goes away and the press will drop it like a hot potato so that no one will ever find out the truth.

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 29704/12/2019

How dramatic you are, r297. It's just possible that his "friends in high places" would just as soon get some distance from Jussie.

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 29804/12/2019

I thought Michelle's name was just kind of thrown around too, like I can say I work for (my boss' name) but that doesn't mean I am acting in her capacity. I see no reason why Obama would want to get involved in this shitstorm but maybe she really did because it seemed so heinous, but it also seemed incredibly hinky, I don't think she would be that stu[id.

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 29904/12/2019

Have they found my attackers yet?!

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 30004/12/2019

He is in Hawaii the same place the Obamas go....

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 30104/12/2019

[quote]Does Jussie have good bussy?

Probably not, seeing as how he has never had a man to claim or go out with him publicly!

I will say at least his ass is not flat anymore now that he's getting chunky

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 30204/12/2019

Give it a fucking rest r301

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 30304/12/2019

This man is a sneaky, rat bastard, and I hope Karma finds him soon.

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 30404/12/2019

He’s so saditty 👸🏽

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 30504/12/2019

[quote]This man is a sneaky, rat bastard, and I hope Karma finds him soon.

Karma better watch out cause he, ya know, fights the fuck back.

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 30604/12/2019

R306 whatever.

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 30704/12/2019

Karma will come around the corner when this bitch least expects it, and none too soon.

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 30804/12/2019

Get the forks, hoes, and torches! Burn all the bitches!

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 30904/12/2019

Karma’s coming for the Obamas... and they will regret shilling for this criminal loser.

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 31004/12/2019

So fucking sick of the Obama troll. Get some new material asshole r310

*zap*

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 31104/12/2019

[quote]What “T” does this fat bitch have to drop on anyone? Does he have receipts of who the closeted, downlow guys are in the black acting community or something?

Gurl you know he does. I hope he is forced to spill the teas to the media for money when those Empire checks stop coming in.

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 31204/12/2019

His net worth isn't reported to be very high. He should have been saving. He is done. He can try to write a book. He can try to pretend to be an activist. Nobody in their right mind will hang their star to him. He wasn't all that special to begin with. Now he's just a mental case, drama queen, attention seeking liability.

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 31304/13/2019

We might.

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 31404/13/2019

If we didn't have the lock on white cis-female republican nepotism, Jussie might have been a good replacement for Kathie Lee. Both ...well, actually all 3 of them ... are phony, no-talent schmucks.

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 31504/13/2019

Interesting.

Jussie Smollett: Arrogance Made ‘Empire’ Star Chicago’s Public Enemy No. 1

Actors are often done in by their egos, and in the case of Jussie Smollett, a few moments of arrogance could cost him a lot more than the $130,000 Chicago was demanding last week. The city,

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 31604/13/2019

People talk about this guy's "light skin" as if police wouldn't treat him just like any other black if he weren't rich and famous. I know he's half jewish, he's still black to anyone who doesn't know him. He's a liar too.

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 31704/13/2019

[quote]People talk about this guy's "light skin" as if police wouldn't treat him just like any other black if he weren't rich and famous.

I dont think anyone is debating that. His skin color is such a hot button issue, for black people especially, because it gave him an advantage as far as his career in Hollywood. And he still walks around with an objectionable attitude despite that.

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 31804/13/2019

[quote]And he still walks around with an objectionable attitude despite that.

Everything about this nasty piece of shit is objectionable.

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 31904/13/2019

Yeah. He “fought the fuck back” against this.

He’s unbelievable.

Brother involved in Jussie Smollett's allegedly staged hate crime wins Golden Gloves boxing tournament

Abimbola "Abel" Osundairo, one of the brothers connected to the alleged staged hate crime involving Jussie Smollett, won his Golden Gloves division on Friday.

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 32004/14/2019

So is his story that the brothers attacked him because he is gay?

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 32104/14/2019

Unless there's been a new development, his lawyers haven't put out a cogent alternative story to the original, in which the brothers were instead a couple of white MAGA supporters who attacked him because he's black and gay. After the brothers were implicated and told their story, I'm not aware that Jussie and his team explained why these two guys he knew attacked him.

Did I miss something?

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 32204/14/2019

I love it when the guy in charge of CWB's Twitter account feels bitchy

CWBChicago on Twitter

“For those who have forgotten the horrifying injuries Smollett suffered at the hands of that man...”

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 32304/14/2019

His lawyer said something about the brothers doing "white face" like they have done in the past.

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 32404/14/2019

His career is over.

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 32504/14/2019

Well, the "whiteface" suggestion was meant to explain why Jussie told the cops that two white men attacked him.

You just can't make this stuff up.

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 32604/14/2019

It would be delicious if the brothers decided to sue him and his lawyer for publicly slandering them.

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 32704/14/2019

I would imagine the brothers (or their lawyer, who's really done well for them) would see the value in letting sleeping dogs lie.

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 32804/14/2019

r328 Good point, though I do agree with r327 about how delicious it would be.

We have to wait for the suit brought forth by the City of Chicago for reimbursement to get underway, and we are still waiting for the FBI to come down on their own charges for the letter. We need something to chew on while we are waiting!

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 32904/14/2019

Whoa, what do you mean r328? Aren't those guys still in trouble? Or did they let them off too?

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 33004/14/2019

Let them off for what, r330? No crime was committed; Smollett wasn't attacked. If the state's attorney dismissed charges against Smollett involving a "hoax," how could the brothers be in trouble for participating in a non-hoax (even though they concede that they did participate). Basically, the SA's actions have resulted in a nullity: legally, the hoax didn't happen.

If the feds charge Jussie for the threatening letter (a federal crime because it used an instrumentality of interstate commerce--the postal service) I suppose they could charge the brothers as well, but I expect they've already cut a deal on that one: non-prosecution in exchange for their cooperation.

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 33104/15/2019

And people only really care to see Wussie go down anyway.

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 33204/15/2019

Jussies been packing on the pounds

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 33304/15/2019

He sure has, r333. Gettin a little portly.

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 33404/15/2019

Jussie Smollett appeared tense during a heated phone call on his Hawaii getaway, telling a pal '𝒊𝒕'𝒔 𝒐𝒗𝒆𝒓, 𝑰 𝒈𝒐𝒕 𝒐𝒇𝒇' after all charges against him were dropped.

The 36-year-old Empire actor was spotted pacing back and forth during the animated chat and could be heard insisting: 'I did not do any of this. The charges were dropped.'

In exclusive DailyMail.com footage Jussie, wearing an all black outfit with white sneakers, can be seen walking around a parking lot. An onlooker said: 'He was saying "𝑹𝒚𝒂𝒏, 𝑹𝒚𝒂𝒏. 𝒀𝒐𝒖 𝒉𝒂𝒗𝒆 𝒕𝒐 𝒃𝒆𝒍𝒊𝒆𝒗𝒆 𝒎𝒆".'

The star appeared tense during the conversation, which took place during his family vacation to the islands and came just days after he was pictured all smiles on a trip to the beach.

Smollett's family were dining in a nearby restaurant during the phone call, according to eyewitnesses.

It was a stark difference from the pictures last week which showed the actor laughing, chatting to his sisters and unloading a car for a fun-filled day at the beach.

------------------

Ryan knows he's lying through his teeth

Jussie Smollett heard on a tense call saying 'you have to believe me'

The Empire actor, 36, was spotted pacing back and forth during the animated chat. He could be heard insisting: 'I did not do any of this. The charges were dropped'.

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 33504/15/2019

I love that video @R335 it makes my day.

Smollet looking rough, bruh.

Offsite Link
by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 33604/15/2019

Oh shit! Why does anyone want to be famous these days?!?

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 33704/15/2019

What else could Wussie do other than try to become famous. He has proven that he can't make it on intellect. He's a real ding dong.

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 33804/15/2019

I can't believe this queen was out in broad daylight discussing his own tea. Who is Ryan?

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 33904/15/2019

Oh r331, I thought they dropped the hoax charges and conceded that he was attacked, I thought everyone really thought these guys gay bashed him. Well, I guess that's good they aren't in trouble and that this legally never happened. So glad that there was much ado about nothing. I would be fucking furious if I were a crime victim in the period that everyone was just working on his shit.

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 34004/15/2019

R340 Much ado (about hoaxing) still in the wings. Jussie is being sued by the City of Chicago, which means he will actually end up on trial anyway (yay!) The proof of his guilt for these charges to stick is much lower than in a "regular" trial, so he will very likely be found "legally" guilty. All because he wouldn't pay a painfully fair fine of 130k.

We are also waiting for the Fed charges re: the letter to drop. That Jussie really thinks he "got away with it", is fucking laughable. He is just as delusional as Lori and Mr. Lori. They should team up for a reality show together that no-one will watch. Pretty sure the brothers are safe, though I can't find hard proof. But if they indeed made/make a deal to be a witness for the prosecution, which they likely did/will do, they will be fine.

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 34104/15/2019

Absent some sort of finding against Jussie, there's not much to charge the brothers with; if there's no crime, there can't be accomplices or accessories. In connection with the civil suit to collect the $130,000, I'm not sure the city can prevail without establishing that a hoax occurred; otherwise, how can they demonstrate that its time was wasted investigating a crime that didn't exist?

I'm not sure what the city's burden of proof is, other than a lower standard than for a crime. More likely than not? Weight of the evidence (51%?)? Even if the city meets its burden, Jussie isn't guilty under the law of the criminal offense. It's kind of like the civil damages case against OJ following the not-guilty verdict in the criminal trial. The plaintiffs prevailed civilly, but that finding didn't affect the criminal verdict. (or I'm misremembering the whole thing, which is possible).

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 34204/16/2019

[quote](or I'm misremembering the whole thing, which is possible).

No, you’re not misremembering it.

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 34304/16/2019

I look forward to the MSNBC interview in which former war hero Brian Williams and former celebrity Jussie Smollett discuss the impact of Fake News on US politics.

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 34404/16/2019

r341 r342 et al, thanks, I am glad that at least the brothers won't be in any trouble.

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 34504/16/2019

𝐉𝐮𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐞 𝐥𝐨𝐬𝐞𝐬 𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐝 𝐫𝐨𝐥𝐞 𝐢𝐧 𝐫𝐞𝐯𝐢𝐯𝐚𝐥 𝐨𝐟 𝐓𝐨𝐧𝐲-𝐰𝐢𝐧𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐝𝐫𝐚𝐦𝐚 𝐓𝐚𝐤𝐞 𝐌𝐞 𝐎𝐮𝐭 𝐚𝐦𝐢𝐝 𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐨𝐧𝐠𝐨𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐛𝐚𝐭𝐭𝐥𝐞 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐜𝐢𝐭𝐲 𝐨𝐟 𝐂𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐚𝐠𝐨

Jussie Smollett's future career prospects could be in jeopardy despite the actor managing to avoid criminal charges for allegedly lying about a hate crime attack.

Multiple sources tell DailyMail.com that Smollett has been cut from the upcoming Broadway revival of the 2003 Tony-winning play Take Me Out.

The actor had been in New York to do a reading of that play just 12 hours before he told police that he had been jumped by two racist and homophobic men while walking home to his apartment.

But after investigating, Chicago police alleged that the attack had been a hoax to raise his profile ahead of possible contract negotiations for TV show Empire.

He faced 16 felony counts of disorderly conduct for making a false report, but the case against him was unexpectedly dropped last month by the State's Attorney's Office. Smollett denied the charges.

But it appears his career could have been damaged, even as he faces a lawsuit after refusing to pay $130,106 worth of overtime accrued by police investigating the incident.

'Everything was set to go and the producers were planning to announce that Jussie and Zachary Quinto were starring in the play last month,' said one Broadway insider.

'Everyone was so supportive after the attack and then suddenly, everything shifted.'

Another source close to the production reiterated this, and said that the events of the last few months have left them in shock.

'Here is a kid who is on a hit television show, has made a name for himself, and gets the chance of a lifetime,' said that source.

'He would have come off the sixth season of Empire and kicked off the next leg of his career with a role on Broadway. And not just that, the lead role in one of the best plays of the century in his Broadway debut.'

That source then added: 'Why on earth would someone throw that all away.'

A source involved in the production would only say that no casting had been announced or confirmed at this time. That individual also confirmed that Smollett took part in a reading of the play in January.

There was also no response from Smollett's crisis manager.

Jussie Smollett loses lead role in Broadway revival of Take Me Out

Multiple sources tell DailyMail.com that Jussie Smollett has been cut from the upcoming Broadway revival of the 2003 Tony-winning play Take Me Out, which is set to debut in March 2020.

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 34604/16/2019

Guess we know a little bit more about whoever “Ryan” was.

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 34704/16/2019

Or not. It's the Daily Mail, after all.

And being "cut" from a production is one thing; never being cast is another. But I wouldn't trust the DM not to elide the two.

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 34804/16/2019

The DailyMail does a great job of covering stories like this.

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 34904/16/2019

I don't doubt it for a minute - and the call overheard in Hawaii to "Ryan" was very likely related. Boo hoo....

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 35004/16/2019

BREAKING! Foxx and Jussie are both totally fucked!

As CWB has been reporting, but now being reported elsewhere:

Prosecutor Kim Foxx said Jussie Smollett was a 'washed-up celeb who lied to cops' just two weeks before dropping the hoax attack charges

Foxx wrote to prosecutor Joe Magats after claiming she had recused herself

'Sooo......I'm recused but when people accuse us of overcharging cases' she says

She is later understood to have compared Smollett's charges to that of R. Kelly

Magats replies: 'Yes. I can see where that can be seen as excessive'

Thousands of texts and emails about the case were made public Tuesday

Foxx argued the messages were part of a 'review of office policies to assure consistencies in our charging and our use of appropriate charging authority'

Two weeks later Magats said all 16 charges against Smollett had been dropped

The Empire actor was accused of staging an attack on himself on January 29 He has always maintained his innocence and insisted he was attacked

Kim Foxx said Jussie Smollett was 'washed-up celeb who lied to cops'

Foxx, left, wrote to prosecutor Joe Magats after claiming she had recused herself. She is later understood to compare Smollett's (right) charges to that of R. Kelly.

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 35104/16/2019

So Foxx is now trying to throw this asshole under the bus with her own faked. "I RECUSE MYSELF". An action that initially got her accolades, only to until we discovered she LIED. Drops ALL 16 charges for reasons that were never explained, and iit turns out she has a history of this behavior. What A. Dump

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 35204/17/2019

[quote]—Start up the grease fires!

Stoking the flames as we speak.

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 35304/17/2019

On the bright side, Jussie Smollett is three times more famous than he was last year, and his new career as a Hate Crime Hoax Artist is far more entertaining than his old one as an actor-singer.

Tell us again, Jussie, how you fought off the boxing champ and his bodybuilding brother without losing your sandwich. It never gets old.

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 35404/17/2019

“A WASHED-UP CELEB who lied to cops..” Hahahahahaa love it.

She’s admitting he lied, e.g. staged a hoax. ADMITTED IT. Now it’s out there. I can’t decide what’s more delicious, that or the “washed-up” part.

One more nail in Jessie’s coffin.

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 35504/17/2019

r346 and others: Deadline is confirming that Jussie is "no longer in the running" for a lead role in Take Me Out. A source close to the production confirmed that he read for the lead but that no casting decisions have been made--including any decision to cast Jussie.

Jussie Smollett No Longer In Dugout For Broadway’s ‘Take Me Out’ Revival

Deadline has confirmed that Empire actor Jussie Smollett read for a leading role in next year’s Broadway revival of Richard Greenberg’s 2003 Tony-winning play Take Me Out but is no long…

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 35604/17/2019

What am I missing? It sounds, again, like she did know he was full of shit and was asked to drop the charges by a higher up, so it wasn't her fault or her doing.

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 35704/17/2019

r357 You are missing reading this thread and the linked articles.

R346 already reported that, but thanks r356 if there are any further tidbits in that article.

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 35804/17/2019

It does sound like she thought he was over-charged, but the 16 counts came from the grand jury, not from the SA's office. She's not wrong that it looks bad, but since she was supposed to be "recused," she shouldn't have initiated or participated in any discussions about Smollett.

r346 reported that the Daily Mail said he'd been dropped from the cast. Deadline clarifies that he was never cast; he's been dropped from consideration. It's a significant difference.

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 35904/17/2019

Thanks for the clarification on the casting r359

It's been reported that Foxx has a dodgy history when it comes to dropping charges as mentioned above. I really don't know why she doesn't completely recuse her ass in the form of a resignation.

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 36004/17/2019

I can't stand the Daily Mail, but credit's where it's due, they're like a dog with a bone when they get their teeth into a story - I don't think they're going to let this Foxx/Smollett saga go, which is bad news for both of them.

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 36104/17/2019

R361. True. Don't forget the CWB Chicago blog too. Here's the latest. They don't back down no matter what. Impressive.

CWBChicago on Twitter

“State's attorney Kim Foxx dumps thousands of pages of Jussie Smollett documents. Top aide calls CPD detectives "the worst" as he falsely accuses them of leaking info to CWBChicago. See it all: https://t.co/1EUYYF10o0 @JussieSmollett @SAKimFoxx”

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 36204/17/2019

I can't imagine what the feds are waiting for. By this time they have to know whether they have enough to charge Smollett or not.

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 36304/17/2019

r363 I am wondering too. Maybe they are letting him get really complacent. Long rope and all that.

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 36404/17/2019

God, we hate him...

Jussie Smollett relaxes in Hawaii with a suspicious looking cigarette

The Empire actor, 36, was seen relaxing on his own with what looked like a rolled-up cigarette while taking some time out from his family during their vacation on the Big Island in Hawaii.

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 36504/17/2019

[quote]It does sound like she thought he was over-charged, but the 16 counts came from the grand jury,

Grand Juries don’t decide what to charge or how many counts on their own. They are presented a case by the prosecutor and vote whether to indict or not on the charges presented.

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 36604/17/2019

Interesting, r366. I didn't realize this. I thought I remembered reading that the SA sent fewer charges to the grand jury and the grand jury came up with the final number.

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 36704/17/2019

Contributors to this thread seem to be Jussie experts. Can any of you explain why the FBI hasn't reported on the origin of the threatening letter after so many weeks ?

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 36804/17/2019

Reported to who, r368? The public? What purpose would that serve for them? The FBI doesn’t ordinarily publicize their evidence, investigations or targets.

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 36904/17/2019

r368 To torture us, apparently. I'm sick of waiting. I might DM our buddies at CWB and see if they know anything.

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 37004/17/2019

[quote] Can any of you explain why the FBI hasn't reported on the origin of the threatening letter after so many weeks ?

heck, I'm still waiting on the FBI report for the Russian hacking of Joy Reid's twitter account.

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 37104/17/2019

The FBI doesn't issue public explanations or otherwise report to the public. It's perfectly possible that they've investigated and closed their case already. Or not. And if they don't bring charges, the public has no right of access to the FBI's investigatory files compiled for law enforcement purposes--that's an exception to the Freedom of Information Act's mandate of public disclosure.

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 37204/17/2019

R365 - man that photo makes Jussie look like he has PORKED out in just a few weeks!!! Oink, oink.

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 37304/17/2019

stress eating?

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 37404/17/2019

R 373 again - AND he is wearing black!!! So much for black being slimming.

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 37504/17/2019

He looks so masculine

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 37604/17/2019

[quote] The FBI doesn't issue public explanations or otherwise report to the public

They are under no obligation to do so but they have at times in the past issued a statement that an investigation is concluded and no charges are forthcoming.

But yes the investigative material is exempt from FOIA requests though it could be subpoened for other purposes.

See Brad Pitt, false allegations by baby mama and/or teenage son:

[quote] The FBI is not further pursuing an investigation into an allegation of child abuse against Brad Pitt, the agency announced on Tuesday. The FBI said it had conducted a review of the alleged incident and no charges will be filed. Pitt has been accused of abuse in an alleged altercation involving his son Maddox, 15, aboard a plane that landed in Los Angeles in September.

FBI ends child abuse investigation of Brad Pitt

Pitt had been accused of abuse of his son, Maddox, 15, in an incident in Sept., and he has since been cleared by the L.A. County Department of Children and Family Services

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 37704/17/2019

re: the Letter I asked as a Canadian and not knowledgeable about the obligations of the FBI to report on investigations. I just assumed they would have to publicize their conclusions in a timely fashion and indicate whether charges are appropriate.

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 37804/17/2019

No need to explain. It was a reasonable question, r378.

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 37904/17/2019

Is there any consensus ? Is the investigation over or is there more if the offing ?

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 38004/17/2019

whoops: meant to write "in the offing"

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 38104/17/2019

The FBI should comment on cases on great national importance, like Jussie's case or when they reopened the case against Hillary.

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 38204/17/2019

He looks 10-15 pounds heavier. Maybe he's trying to get thick so he can transition into gay black porn. Or bag one of them rich downlow athletes so they can pay his bills when those checks stop coming in. There is a demand out there for light skinned bottoms with phat asses!

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 38304/17/2019

[quote]The FBI should comment on cases on great national importance, like Jussie's case

LOL. I hope you are joking, but given the IQ level in this thread, you're probably not.

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 38404/18/2019

Why is Jussie such a smug cunt? Smoking a joint in Hawaii, really?! Fucking hell, he doesn't even have the decency to lay low.

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 38504/18/2019

R384 I think Jessie brings enough smug to this thread as it is, we sure as fuck don't need yours. Be helpful, and/or be witty, but smug it up elsewhere.

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 38604/18/2019

I'd call my response more sane than smug, lil dimwit at r386, but either way, you can't control what people post here and I will continue to post what I please.

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 38704/18/2019

Chicago Tribune editorial on Kim Foxx:

Kim Foxx's office and the truth. The whole truth. Under oath.

Imagine prosecutor Kim Foxx in a courtroom interrogating a public official who changes her stories.

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 38804/18/2019

Foxx looks really ratchet for a professional woman. She needs a makeover ASAP.

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 38904/18/2019

I don't post on these threads, but I loved this title so fucking much!

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 39004/18/2019

It seems pretty clear that Foxx either really didn't recuse herself and she doesn't know what the word means.

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 39104/18/2019

Hopefully the FBI will drop the hammer on Michelle Obama for obstructing justice in this case.

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 39204/18/2019

Michelle is currently hiding out in France.

It's not her first visit there.

Offsite Link
by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 39304/18/2019

That is one fat (not phat) ass.

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 39404/18/2019

Michelle’s ass is three times as wide as those French women.

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 39504/18/2019

The Michelle Obama obsessive and the no-life OP of these threads are both dumber than Jussie himself, which is quite an accomplishment.

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 39604/18/2019

Got a response back from CWB: "still no word on the fed investigation"

At least hope lives, and they didn't say "forget it, it's OVAH!"

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 39704/18/2019

Maybe Michelle got to the Feds

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 39804/18/2019

It's highly unlikely that the fed investigation is ongoing or will result in any charges against Jussie. If he'd sent a threatening letter to someone else, sure, but they're not going to bother prosecuting him for sending a letter to himself.

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 39904/18/2019

Fed charges that may or may not happen aside, he is still being sued by the City of Chicago, so we have that to look forward to.

Maybe he will end up like O.J. He got off (sort of) for one thing, and years later ended up in the clink for something unrelated.

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 40004/18/2019

r391, it's been established--by Foxx herself--that she didn't properly recuse herself. She has referred to it as a "colloquial recusal" (which isn't a thing, but whatever) and apparently what she did was hand over the case to that guy on her senior staff and tried to behave herself, more or less. As we've seen from the texts and emails released yesterday, she didn't do a particularly good job of butting out.

An actual recusal would have required that the entire SA's office stand down and request a special counsel to conduct the case. That's how you avoid even the appearance of impropriety. This woman may mean well, but she's not very competent.

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 40104/18/2019

R400 - that's what I think. But his career is surely over - at least for now. Maybe he will be kept by some wealthy benefactor

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 40204/18/2019

Kamala Harris really fucked herself by hitching on to this nasty lying shitstain.

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 40304/18/2019

Nobody but you associates Kamala Harris with him, OCD freak.

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 40404/18/2019

I guess I'm an OCD freak, too.

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 40504/18/2019

and Cory Booker.

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 40604/18/2019

No doubt you are, r405.

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 40704/18/2019

𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝒓𝒂𝒕𝒔 𝒂𝒓𝒆 𝒅𝒆𝒔𝒆𝒓𝒕𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒔𝒊𝒏𝒌𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝑭𝒐𝒙𝒙 𝒔𝒉𝒊𝒑

CHICAGO – Two ranking executives inside the Cook County State’s Attorney's Office have submitted their resignations — including State’s Attorney Kim Foxx’s chief ethics officer, April Perry, whom Foxx cited as the person who advised her to “recuse” herself from the Jussie Smollett case that has rocked the Chicago office, Fox News learned Thursday.

Mark Rotert, the director of the office's Conviction Integrity Unit, has also submitted his resignation, according to a Foxx spokesperson. Perry and Rotert are scheduled to work their last days on the job in May.

"While I feel lucky to have been able to spend the last 15 years of my career in public service, I am looking forward to my next endeavor in the private sector where I have the opportunity to continue to work toward increasing the safety of our community," Perry wrote in an April 15 letter obtained by Fox News via a Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) request.

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 40804/18/2019

Wow. This is a serious vote of no confidence in Foxx's leadership and integrity.

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 40904/19/2019

This is what happens when you put incompetent, affirmative-action hires in leadership positions.

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 41004/19/2019

[quote]This is what happens when you put incompetent, affirmative-action hires in leadership positions.

She was elected to the office, you moron. While she may not have been a good choice, affirmative action had nothing to do with it.

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 41104/19/2019

R411 you should go take a nap.

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 41204/19/2019

Why should he, r412? He's absolutely right, and it's r410 who's the asshole.

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 41304/19/2019

[quote]not r411, but sick of this race=baiting.

This thread is about Jussie Smollett, a racist black person who faked a hate crime for the purposes of race-baiting.

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 41404/19/2019

Yes, r414. What's your point?

This was in response to an ignorant post about affirmative action--wrong on the facts and in all likelihood designed to appeal to the racists among us. Nothing to do with Smollett's crimes.

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 41504/19/2019

There is a STANK in Chicago and it's not Jussie's over stretched mussy (which has its own unforgettable odor).

Kim Foxx's chief ethics officer, integrity unit director resign following Smollett controversy

Two ranking executives inside the Cook County State’s Attorney's Office have submitted their resignations — including State’s Attorney Kim Foxx’s chief ethics officer, April Perry, whom Foxx cited as the person who advised her to “recuse” herself from the Jussie Smollett case that has rocked the Chicago office, Fox News learned Thursday.

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 41604/19/2019

Uh, r416, scroll on up to r408.

Maybe try, oh I don’t know, reading the FUCKING thread!

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 41704/19/2019

FF r410!

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 41804/19/2019

Affirmative Action is a huge plus for the American work force. It was designed to SEEK OUT those qualified job or school candidates who may not have normally applied for certain jobs or schools. Those who may not have had all the other background extras of other candidates due to past discrimination (internships, fancy schools, etc). It was never designed to put unqualified people in jobs or schools.

Has it gone awry in its implementation? Sure as do all programs and innovations in society. But it was and remains an invaluable tool in leveling the playing field for past racial disparities.

Having said that, Foxx was in the State's Attorney's Office for 12 years giving her a foothold into elected position. I have no idea if AA was used to hire when she came into the office or not. I will assume it was not. But still you can't say for sure that AA played no role in her election. There is formal AA and there is informal AA. Formal MAY have given her an in and informal may have helped her get elected.

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 41904/19/2019

R417. Oh no, I did it to annoy you!!! Big hugz

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 42004/19/2019

Hugs back atcha, Shaniqua at r420. I have to admit, you made me laugh. Nice.

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 42104/19/2019

Another one leaves Foxx.

𝑲𝒊𝒎 𝑭𝒐𝒙𝒙 𝒊𝒔𝒔𝒖𝒆𝒔 𝒂 𝒔𝒕𝒂𝒕𝒆𝒎𝒆𝒏𝒕 𝒕𝒐 𝒔𝒂𝒚 𝒔𝒉𝒆 𝒘𝒐𝒏𝒕 𝒃𝒆 𝒔𝒂𝒚𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒂𝒏𝒚𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒈 - 𝒂𝒔 𝒂𝒏𝒐𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒓 𝒎𝒆𝒎𝒃𝒆𝒓 𝒐𝒇 𝒉𝒆𝒓 𝒕𝒆𝒂𝒎 𝒔𝒕𝒆𝒑𝒔 𝒅𝒐𝒘𝒏

The Cook County state's attorney says she won't comment further on the Jussie Smollett case in Chicago while another deputy from Kim Foxx's office announced she was stepping down as a county inspector general finishes his review of prosecutors' decision to drop charges against the Empire actor.

Kim Foxx said in a written statement Friday that she doesn't want any comments by her to interfere with the inspector general's work compiling 'reliable and accurate records' on the matter.

But she said Friday she would engage in 'a candid conversation' about the case only after the inspector general submits his findings.

Foxx requested the review.

Meanwhile, a third deputy from Foxx’s office is either out of the job or on their way out.

Kiera Ellis, who held the position of director of external affairs, abruptly left her position, the Cook County State's Attorney's Office confirmed to DailyMail.com on Friday.

There was no word as to whether Ellis was fired or she resigned.

Ellis first joined the office in October. She was reportedly on the job as recently as Thursday, according to the Chicago Tribune.

Perry was the officer who wrote a memo to the office announcing Foxx had recused herself from the Smollett case after it emerged she had exchanged text messages with a member of his family in the days after the incident.

Her email read: 'Please note that State's Attorney Kim Foxx is recused from the investigation involving victim Jussie Smollett. First Assistant State's Attorney Joe Magats is serving as the Acting State's Attorney for this matter.'

Foxx then handed the case over to her deputy Joe Magats and weeks later the 16 grand jury charges against Smollett were suddenly dropped.

But while she announced at the time that she was recusing herself, she has since said she meant it in a 'colloquial' sense rather than a 'legal sense' and that it was more an informal decision to 'step away from the decision making' rather than remove herself entirely from it.

And the release of thousands of texts and emails this week show Foxx continued to meddle in the case, calling the actor a 'washed up celeb who lied to cops' and telling Magats that the actor was being overcharged.

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 42204/19/2019

This dumb cunt is potentially in for worse trouble than the dumb cunt we started these threads for.

Ben Bradley, who tweeted this latest development, needs to invest a few coins in getting that luggage under his eyes snipped.

Ben Bradley on Twitter

“NEW: Emails appear to show Cook County State's Attorney Kim Foxx's office considered appointing a special prosecutor in #JussieSmollett case ONE HOUR after a top deputy questioned Foxx's recusal. Special prosecutor was never appointed. https://t.co/tXvK9yIUta @WGNInvestigates”

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 42304/20/2019

I work in NYC outside the entertainment industry, but I know a few people in the theatre, tv, and film world who all seem to have the same opinion that Jussie's career will be negatively impacted no matter what happens in Chicago. Two people I know have actually worked with him. He is considered a middle level talent who is no longer bankable. Apparently there are many other talented gay black men who can play any role that he would be considered for. His sociopathy will have more long term impact on his own career and he will eventually fade away, or at least that is what many people who have worked with him feel.

There are many talented black men in Hollywood (Chadwick Boseman for example) who will continue to grow in popularity with new roles. Jussie will be shut out of these opportunities.

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 42404/20/2019

The rats are fleeing the Titanic.

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 42504/20/2019

Even this dumb moron Foxx knew right away that Smollett was a “washed-up celeb who lied to cops”, yet Kamala Harris was totally bamboozled by him, even using his fake attack that stronger hate crime legislation was needed. Sorry, but Harris has poor judgment and is over.

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 42604/20/2019

Shut up

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 42704/20/2019

No, sorry R427. How is Kamala Harris supposed to be trusted to deal with Putin and Kim Jong Un when she totally fell for the lies of someone as stupid as Jussie Smollett??

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 42804/20/2019

Kamala and Cory Booker.

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 42904/20/2019

His brother wrote an op-ed for BET defending Jussie

JoJo Smollett: What If Jussie Is Telling The Truth?

In an exclusive Op-Ed for BET, JoJo Smollett says his brother Jussie was wrongfully convicted in the court of public opinion.

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 43004/20/2019

JoJo Smollett can go fuck himself.

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 43104/20/2019

A grown man calling himself JoJo? Please.

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 43204/20/2019

Chicago law enforcement has been a collective disaster for many years. It is not limited to Foxx. This case seems like it was just a catalyst in years long saga of mismanagement.

Jussie really fucked himself up beyond repair with the Robin Roberts interview. If he hadn't had done that, he *might* have had a chance now, months later, to do an in depth interview and possibly explain himself post charges being dropped. But that opportunity is gone now, and he will just have to deal with the fallout. He makes really poor decisions for a man his age, and his arrogance sabotages him.

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 43304/20/2019

Has the cast of The Big Bang Theory made another picture yet?

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 43404/21/2019

Based on how JoJo looks - Jussie's brother - Jussie's headed for fat times without the discipline of being in front of a camera And he is well on his way based on the pic from Hawaii

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 43504/21/2019

What is JoJo's claim to fame, apart from that ludicrous name?

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 43604/21/2019

He’s fame-adjacent, r436.

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 43704/21/2019

Yes, but does he do anything besides be the "big brother" to this odd family group? Since they're all adults, that shouldn't even be a part-time occupation.

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 43804/21/2019

Most of the extended family live off govt. programs, like the parents did when Jussie was younger

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 43904/21/2019

Is that true, r439? The three who aren't actors don't have jobs/careers?

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 44004/21/2019

Of course r439 just made all that up.

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 44104/21/2019

What are their careers then?

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 44204/21/2019

Cook County State's Attorney Kim Foxx has reportedly received 'racially charged' death threats since her office's decision to drop all charges against Empire star Jussie Smollett.

Her staff said the death threats began shortly after the office dropped Smollet's 16 counts of lying to police on March 26.

'We can confirm that the State's Attorney has received threats to her personal safety and security, a number of which have contained racially charged language,' Foxx's office told the Chicago Sun Times.

And undoubtedly the threats all came from MAGA hat wearing Nigerians

Kim Foxx received 'racially charged' death threats after Smollett case

Staff said the death threats began shortly after the office dropped Smollet's 16 counts of lying to police. The Empire actor was accused of staging an attack on himself to get a raise on the show

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 44304/22/2019

They threatened to lynch her! Crackers told her they would be waiting underneath the tunnel. with ropes and masks. But she has to wait till next winter, when its 4 below, if thats ok.

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 44404/22/2019

Sunday, April 21, 2019 Blind Item #1

I kid you not. The family of the disgraced actor is trying to pitch a reality show where they investigate their family member and try and find the "answers." Sounds a whole lot like the OJ book thing.

Blind Item #1

I kid you not. The family of the disgraced actor is trying to pitch a reality show where they investigate their family member and try and f...

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 44504/22/2019

CWB's observation concerning the news posted by r443

CWBChicago on Twitter

“Proof that the highest levels of Kim Foxx's office will leak to the press when it benefits them. https://t.co/I7pV7J7OlJ”

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 44604/23/2019

I hope she doesn't get a craving for a Subway.....and a salad.....

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 44704/23/2019

r447 You remembered me! *swoon*

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 44804/23/2019

****BREAKING***** The Brothers have filed a defamation suit! Go Brothers!

CWBChicago on Twitter

“BREAKING: The Osundairo brothers have filed a defamation suit against #JussieSmollett lawyers @markgeragos and Tina Glandianin federal court in Chicago. Read the full complaint here: https://t.co/ymbhkn6GUz”

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 44904/23/2019

Full story here:

"Nigerian brothers" sue Smollett attorneys for defamation

Tina Glandian and Jussie Smollett appear in court. | Reasonable Doubt Podcast Two Lakeview men who police and prosecutors said helped TV...

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 45004/23/2019

Jussie is f'd now

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 45104/23/2019

I predicted that back at R327.

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 45204/23/2019

Yeah, but unfortunately they’re suing the lawyers, not him, so I doubt this will even get to the deposition stage. Even if it did, Jussie would be called as a witness, not a defendant.

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 45304/23/2019

Watch out for that brick wall, Garagos! HAHAHAHA.

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 45404/23/2019

R453 But just like with the suit the City of Chicago has nailed Jussie with, it's the fact that Jussie will have to testify on the stand, and admit under oath that he lied is the beauty of all of this.

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 45504/23/2019

He will have to plead the 5th. He can’t be compelled to testify that he lied to police and therefore committed a crime.

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 45604/23/2019

No, not at all, 455. In the Chicago case, yes, because that’s the very basis of the suit.

In this case, his lawyers are being sued for things they said. Jussie may not even need to testify to prove that A) the lawyers said what they said and B) those statements are demonstrably false and caused harm to Plaintiffs.

But again, this wouldn’t even get to this level. It’ll be settled probably before deposition.

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 45704/23/2019

R456, I thought that also at first. But here’s the rub: Those charges have been dismissed with prejudice, so he cannot be tried for them, in my opinion, negating the protection of the Fifth.

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 45804/23/2019

Good points all, but if he didn't settle with the City of Chicago, I can't see this getting settled before he may or may not be deposed either.

Interesting but long article about pleading the 5th in a civil case, and that it's not always the wisest move.

Pleading The Fifth Amendment And Adverse Inferences In Civil Litigation | Litigation & Trial

Ken over at Popehat has been chronicling the implosion of Prenda Law, a law firm that, on paper, represented copyright holders (particularly of adult

by The usual suspect. Title credit: R564 Part 12 reply 45904/23/2019
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Don't you just LOVE clicking on these things on every single site you visit? I know we do! You can thank the EU parliament for making everyone in the world click on these pointless things while changing absolutely nothing. If you are interested you can take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT and we'll set a dreaded cookie to make it go away. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!