Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Jussie Smollett Updates Part 16 (Grab 'Em by the Jussie)

You know the drill.

Link to Part 15 below:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 459April 23, 2019 3:55 PM

All hail Our Boo

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1March 29, 2019 9:04 PM

Tweaked out punchable dork:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2March 29, 2019 9:09 PM

r1 he's MUCH cuter in his "Eskimo" pic. Too bad he doesn't always look like that. This doesn't even look like the same guy.

by Anonymousreply 3March 29, 2019 9:17 PM

R3 Sadly, I agree. It's sweet that he was at opening day, but it just doesn't have the same vibe. We could continue to use his Eskiboo photo. I hate change and I hate breaking with tradition. We could go back to his Seximo photo for future threads, or not post it entirely (makes me a bit sad) or...thoughts?

by Anonymousreply 4March 29, 2019 9:22 PM

I prefer the original picture

Meanwhile:

'It's atrocious and offensive': Lawyer for Nigerian brothers involved in Jussie Smollett hate crime 'hoax' slams Empire actor's legal team for saying they could have worn whiteface to disguise themselves during attack

by Anonymousreply 5March 29, 2019 9:25 PM

R4 no thoughts. Now I see what he really looks like, the fixation is ended.

by Anonymousreply 6March 29, 2019 9:27 PM

Not a good idea of Jussie's legal team to goad the brothers... regardless of what they signed there's a massive payoff for them if they talk right now.

by Anonymousreply 7March 29, 2019 9:33 PM

not sure if it's been mentioned, i read that the empire ratings are in the toilet!!

by Anonymousreply 8March 29, 2019 9:37 PM

You better strut thru that airport queen! YASSSS

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9March 29, 2019 10:08 PM

Does Jussie have the big dick energy?

by Anonymousreply 10March 29, 2019 10:17 PM

SPLC hires the fixer.

The Southern Poverty Law Center (SPLC) has hired Tina Tchen, a former Obama staffer who recently tried to intervene in the Jussie Smollett hate-crime-hoax case on the actor’s behalf, to conduct a review of workplace-harassment allegations in the wake of co-founder Morris Dees’s firing.

Last Thursday, the SPLC announced Dees’s dismissal for unspecified violations of company policy and said that Tchen, who served as chief of staff to Michelle Obama and now runs a firm focused on “workplace cultural compliance,” would conduct a “comprehensive assessment of our internal climate and workplace practices.”

That announcement came one day after the Chicago Sun Times obtained communications between Tchen and Cook County state’s attorney Kim Foxx in which Tchen asked Foxx to persuade Chicago Police Department superintendent Eddie Johnson to turn the investigation of Smollett’s case over to the FBI.

by Anonymousreply 11March 29, 2019 11:04 PM

Just leave this here:

STATEMENT ON JUSSIE SMOLLETT CASE DISMISSAL

The events of the past few days regarding the Cook County State’s Attorney’s handling of the Jussie Smollett case is not condoned by the IPBA, nor is it representative of the honest ethical work prosecutors provide to the citizens of the State of Illinois on a daily basis.

The manner in which this case was dismissed was abnormal and unfamiliar to those who practice law in criminal courthouses across the State. Prosecutors, defense attorneys, and judges alike do not recognize the arrangement Mr. Smollett received. Even more problematic, the State’s Attorney and her representatives have fundamentally misled the public on the law and circumstances surrounding the dismissal. The public has the right to know the truth, and we set out to do that here. When an elected State’s Attorney recuses herself from a prosecution, Illinois law provides that the court shall appoint a special prosecutor. Typically, the special prosecutor is a neighboring State’s Attorney, the Attorney General, or the State Appellate Prosecutor. Here, the State’s Attorney kept the case within her office and thus never actually recused herself as a matter of law.

Additionally, the Cook County State’s Attorney’s office falsely informed the public that the uncontested sealing of the criminal court case was “mandatory” under Illinois law. This statement is not accurate. To the extent the case was even eligible for an immediate seal, that action was discretionary, not mandatory, and only upon the proper filing of a petition to seal. [T]he process employed in this case by the State’s Attorney effectively denied law enforcement agencies of legally required Notice and the legal opportunity to object to the sealing of the file. The State’s Attorney not only declined to fight the sealing of this case in court, but then provided false information to the public regarding it. The appearance of impropriety here is compounded by the fact that this case was not on the regularly scheduled court call, the public had no reasonable notice or opportunity to view these proceedings, and the dismissal was done abruptly at what has been called an “emergency” hearing. To date, the nature of the purported emergency has not been publicly disclosed. The sealing of a court case immediately following a hearing where there was no reasonable notice or opportunity for the public to attend is a matter of grave public concern and undermines the very foundation of our public court system. Lastly, the State’s Attorney has claimed this arrangement is “available to all defendants” and “not a new or unusual practice.” There has even been an implication it was done in accordance with a statutory diversion program. These statements are plainly misleading and inaccurate. This action was highly unusual, not a statutory diversion program, and not in accordance with well accepted practices of State’s Attorney initiated diversionary programs. The IPBA supports diversion programs, and recognizes the many benefits they provide to the community, the defendant and to the prosecuting agency. Central to any diversion program, however, is that the defendant must accept responsibility. To be clear here, this simply was not a deferred prosecution.

Prosecutors must be held to the highest standard of legal ethics in the pursuit of justice. The actions of the Cook County State’s Attorney have fallen woefully short of this expectation. Through the repeated misleading and deceptive statements to the public on Illinois law and circumstances surrounding the Smollett dismissal, the State’s Attorney has failed in her most fundamental ethical obligations to the public. The IPBA condemns these actions.

This irregular arrangement was an affront to prosecutors across the State, the Chicago Police Department, victims of hate crimes, and the people of the City of Chicago and Cook County. We strongly encourage our members and the public to review the National District Attorneys Associations statement on prosecutorial best practices in high profile cases.

by Anonymousreply 12March 29, 2019 11:48 PM

"To be clear here, this simply was not a deferred prosecution."

There's damning and then there's DAMNING

by Anonymousreply 13March 30, 2019 12:06 AM

I think Kim Foxx is looking at substantial disciplinary action by the state bar association.

by Anonymousreply 14March 30, 2019 1:40 PM

I kiss the Eakiboo pic. It’s so HOT!

by Anonymousreply 15March 30, 2019 1:57 PM

I still love Our Boo. I like either picture,but the eskimo one seems more familiar. It's like the mascot of the Jussie threads.

by Anonymousreply 16March 30, 2019 2:35 PM

Smollett is such a creepy smirking asshole. So self reverential. The ridiculous Michael Jackson level of security men to flank him in public. Him sniping at paparazzi “my fans already know how much I love them. “

Most everyone thinks he’s a pathetic liar.

by Anonymousreply 17March 30, 2019 2:43 PM

I agree r16. So we will keep using the Eskiboo one.

Feeling very ripped off Jussie didn't get a Friday night roust from the FBI. Do they work on weekends? Fingers crossed.

All hail, our Eskiboo:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18March 30, 2019 2:43 PM

Your eskiboo is hot in either picture.

I find the “winter one” cuter, only because of the facial expression (damn, it’s cold!) and the fact that it’s cutesy.

by Anonymousreply 19March 30, 2019 2:54 PM

His fans? Who on earth is a Jussie Smollett fan? Bitch thinks she’s Beyoncé.

by Anonymousreply 20March 30, 2019 2:58 PM

It is absolutely essential that we believe Jussie Smollett. If we don't, other people who haven't been attacked might not have the courage to come forward.

--Titania McGrath

by Anonymousreply 21March 30, 2019 3:02 PM

LOL!

by Anonymousreply 22March 30, 2019 3:08 PM

I do not know 1 person who believes that Jussie didn’t do this. Everyone who I have talked about this with thinks he’s guilty and think he’s a smug asshole who got away with the crime. They all can’t stand him.

by Anonymousreply 23March 30, 2019 3:26 PM

You clearly don't know people like some of the "justice for Jussie" posters on these threads.

by Anonymousreply 24March 30, 2019 3:27 PM

The same type of people who were supporting OJ are supporting Jussie aka complete morons.

by Anonymousreply 25March 30, 2019 3:53 PM

I’m hoping he appears at the awards show because I’m DYING for the audience reaction shots!

by Anonymousreply 26March 30, 2019 4:54 PM

He did not show up.

by Anonymousreply 27March 30, 2019 5:31 PM

Nor did he win.

by Anonymousreply 28March 30, 2019 5:33 PM

[quote]You clearly don't know people like some of the "justice for Jussie" posters on these threads.

I believe most of them are doing it just to yank your chain. Don't engage.

by Anonymousreply 29March 30, 2019 5:39 PM

Who cares about some blacks-only NAACP Awards?

That’s like saying you won an IQ test amongst a class of retards.

by Anonymousreply 30March 30, 2019 6:26 PM

Thursday, March 28, 2019 Blind Item #3

Arguably the biggest agent in town is doing his best to make sure this A- list mostly television actor never works again. Family bonds and all that.

Ari Emanuel Co-CEO of William Morris Endeavor (character Ari Gold on "Entourage") (brother Rahm Emanuel Mayor of Chicago/Jussie Smollett

Friday, March 29, 2019 Blind Item #6

This network gave a huge "donation" to this organization to try and fix the outcome of an award show. I'm not sure the award show though is prepared to give the actor in the news the most over the past few days, an award.

FOX/NAACP/Jussie Smollett

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31March 31, 2019 12:42 AM

Can we even pretend that Jussie is A-list? Did he write that blind item himself?

by Anonymousreply 32March 31, 2019 1:08 AM

It's totally incoherent, and no, there's no way Jussie is A-list.

by Anonymousreply 33March 31, 2019 1:39 AM

A-list jail dodger.

by Anonymousreply 34March 31, 2019 2:07 AM

Jussie is hot, I'm glad he isn't being prosecuted!

by Anonymousreply 35March 31, 2019 2:12 AM

Michelle Obama is going to be sorry she got involved in this... once the federal charges start coming.

by Anonymousreply 36March 31, 2019 3:02 AM

[quote]Jussie is hot,

That's a good one. Now tell another one.

I'm glad he isn't being prosecuted!

You crack me up!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37March 31, 2019 7:29 AM

Says Jussie: "If even a drop of this was true, I would not be my mother's son."

Maybe it's time for DNA testing……

by Anonymousreply 38March 31, 2019 8:21 AM

Can The FBI still charge him?

by Anonymousreply 39March 31, 2019 8:28 AM

Sure, r39. The FBI has been investigating the anonymous letter, not the fake attack (which is a state crime)

by Anonymousreply 40March 31, 2019 12:50 PM

There are no further charges coming Jussie's way!! Chicago will be paying him restitution. The brothers composed and mailed the letter with the white powder. But they cut themselves a sweet deal in the CPD's attempt to frame Smollett. Rahm Emanuel and the police captain's "outrage" does not manage to cover their lies and corruption. They should try not committing crimes (murder) against black men, women and youth for a month. At least their careers are over and they are once again public embarrassments. Charges pending.

Some good will come of this. There's a new mayor in town. Jussie is an anti-hero, but still a hero.

by Anonymousreply 41March 31, 2019 4:33 PM

What is your source, r41?

by Anonymousreply 42March 31, 2019 4:35 PM

There is no source for r41. It's Jussie's publicist.

by Anonymousreply 43March 31, 2019 4:38 PM

I figured as much, but thought I'd ask just for the hell of it.

by Anonymousreply 44March 31, 2019 4:39 PM

R41 If he's such a hero, why isn't he back on SM crowing about his heroics, doubling down on his Twitter mission statement of being here to "help save the world", and promising to donate all of this fabled "restitution" money you say he will be getting to good causes? Why is this liar lying low like a guilty sack of shit waiting for the other shoe (size: FBI) to drop?

by Anonymousreply 45March 31, 2019 5:20 PM

The fact that he didn't show up at the NAACP Awards was telling.

by Anonymousreply 46March 31, 2019 5:22 PM

Empire's ratings are in the toilet, they have PR flacks everywhere working overtime...

by Anonymousreply 47March 31, 2019 5:23 PM

He's counting on r41 and his ilk for that, r45. There were some folks on the Image Awards telecast saying they "stand with Jussie. They are the idealogical offspring of the OJ defenders.

by Anonymousreply 48March 31, 2019 5:24 PM

I hope that dumb Taraji cunt goes down too.

by Anonymousreply 49March 31, 2019 5:25 PM

I love the Jussie defenders! They offer the comic relief in this shit show.

by Anonymousreply 50March 31, 2019 5:26 PM

For what, r49?

by Anonymousreply 51March 31, 2019 5:29 PM

No one was worried about Jussie not attending the Image Awards. Chris Rock went in on him and said he has to call himself Jessie now, because the U was pushing it. The great Beyonce was there to accept her award for Entertainer of The Year and to give a most gracious and inspiring speech. Jussie will make his reentry into celebrity society at a less hot time for the CPD and the others who've conspired against him. And he'll be welcomed back.

by Anonymousreply 52March 31, 2019 5:32 PM

Oh, knock it off, r52. The only conspirator in this mess is Jussie, and all your rhetoric won't change the facts.

by Anonymousreply 53March 31, 2019 5:52 PM

Does the truth threaten you R53? We shall never stop speaking it. You are free to listen or put on your robe and go burn a cross on a lawn. Like your mommy and pappy did before you. White Trash.

by Anonymousreply 54March 31, 2019 6:03 PM

None of this threatens me. I just find it--and you--tedious, and your post egregious. Have a swell day.

by Anonymousreply 55March 31, 2019 6:09 PM

Fully one quarter of the posts on this thread are yours R55. Along with your hundreds and hundreds of posts on other Smollett threads. Chronic race baiters can't stop baiting. Perhaps you are something more than tedious? Though certainly that too.

Ask yourself why you carry such hatred. Fear is the root of your decline. You may be done with God, but God's not done with you. We pray that he will deliver peace to your obviously troubled mind. In Jesus name. Amen. Enjoy your day sir.

by Anonymousreply 56March 31, 2019 6:22 PM

I think you're mistaken, r56, but in any case you ought to have something better to do than count posts. As for the remainder of your sentiments....yawn.

by Anonymousreply 57March 31, 2019 7:04 PM

R56 Fuck you are really stupid

by Anonymousreply 58March 31, 2019 7:24 PM

Chris Rock’s slam at the NAACP Image Awards show over the weekend:

"They said 'No Jussie Smollett jokes,' " said Rock, who was there to present Outstanding Comedy Series. But that didn't stop him. "What a waste of light skin," Rock cracked. "Do you know what I could do with that light skin? That curly hair? My career would be out of here! I'd be running Hollywood."

"What the hell was he thinking? You're 'Jessie' from now on," Rock continued, as cameras showed Trevor Noah cracking up in the crowd. "You don't get the 'u' no more. That 'u' was respect. You ain't getting no respect from me!"

by Anonymousreply 59March 31, 2019 7:48 PM

R59, Chris Rock has no fear!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 60March 31, 2019 7:56 PM

Chris Rock is awesome.

by Anonymousreply 61March 31, 2019 8:03 PM

2 Prosecutors’ groups rip Cook County State’s Attorney’s handling of Smollett case:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 62March 31, 2019 8:07 PM

R60 The audience ate it up too. This little shit is a laughing stock.

by Anonymousreply 63March 31, 2019 8:10 PM

R45 I'm sure he agreed to file any lawsuits in order to have these charges dropped

by Anonymousreply 64March 31, 2019 8:10 PM

R56 you’re not black, are you?

by Anonymousreply 65March 31, 2019 8:11 PM

Not r56, but why would you say that, r65?

by Anonymousreply 66March 31, 2019 9:30 PM

R66, it was sarcasm. Of course R56 is black AND racist.

by Anonymousreply 67March 31, 2019 9:33 PM

R64, God I hope you’re right! The discovery process alone will get us to 100 threads!

by Anonymousreply 68March 31, 2019 9:40 PM

[quote]They are the idealogical offspring of the OJ defenders.

Oh, dear!

by Anonymousreply 69March 31, 2019 9:40 PM

Chris Rock, like Richard Pryor, says what he wants. So refreshing and funny and rare.

by Anonymousreply 70March 31, 2019 9:48 PM

Chris Rock for President!

by Anonymousreply 71March 31, 2019 10:12 PM

It would probably better if Rock and SNL just ignored Smollett rather than give him any importance at all. Let him be forgotten.

by Anonymousreply 72March 31, 2019 10:17 PM

The State Supreme Court has an attorney discipline committee that exists to catch people embezzling funds , ignoring their caseload or impaired by drugs or alcohol. Nothing Foxx did arises to that level. The state bar is for rubber chicken luncheons, continuing education, referrals and judicial evaluation.

by Anonymousreply 73March 31, 2019 10:21 PM

I disagree. He needs to be publically ridiculed by his peers. He’s an embarrassment and deserves to recognized as such.

by Anonymousreply 74March 31, 2019 10:23 PM

Did SNL shame his loser ass?

by Anonymousreply 75March 31, 2019 10:25 PM

R71 Chris is ready.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 76March 31, 2019 10:25 PM

R72 Fuck off Jurnee, mocking your brother will be a full time job for comics, you stupidly named garbage

by Anonymousreply 77March 31, 2019 11:06 PM

“Jurnee” is a known casting couch slut.

by Anonymousreply 78March 31, 2019 11:13 PM

[quote]Nothing Foxx did arises to that level.

Oh, dear!

by Anonymousreply 79March 31, 2019 11:14 PM

R78 She must be, saw her in that fucking boring slavery tv show, she stunk and must have sucked mucho cock to get the role

by Anonymousreply 80March 31, 2019 11:20 PM

I would love to see him mom interviewed

by Anonymousreply 81March 31, 2019 11:23 PM

I think the only reason JEssie didn't attend the NAACP awards was because he was tipped he wouldn't win.

by Anonymousreply 82March 31, 2019 11:28 PM

You may be right, r82.

I don’t know why Kim Fixx didn’t do something about that, too.

by Anonymousreply 83March 31, 2019 11:32 PM

Chris Rock hilariously summed this up. This privileged, light skinned stunt queen has some nerve. Better call Stacey Dash bitch. He will likely never gain black people's respect again. Jessie it is.

by Anonymousreply 84March 31, 2019 11:37 PM

If he thought he had a 1% chance of winning, his C-list (at best) attention craving, sorry ass would have been there. He was spared the embarrassment of being laughed at by all those attendees, by being given a courtesy heads up,.

by Anonymousreply 85March 31, 2019 11:49 PM

Jussie - just go away. Thank you.

by Anonymousreply 86April 1, 2019 12:08 AM

CHICAGO (AP) – The Rev. Jesse Jackson and other clergy are planning a rally in support of Cook County State’s Attorney Kim Foxx, who’s faced criticism since her office dropped charges against actor Jussie Smollett. Jackson’s Rainbow/PUSH Coalition says the civil rights leader will join fellow clergy, elected officials, attorneys and community activists for a Monday morning rally at the Chicago Temple supporting Foxx.

Conmen (and women) gotta stick together.

by Anonymousreply 87April 1, 2019 12:15 AM

Really, now? Jackson's caught up in this sorry mess, too; he's the one who wrote the letter saying Jussie did community service for Rainbow/PUSH and subsequently said he had no idea the community service had anything to do with getting the charges dropped. What the fuck did he think he was writing the letter for?

Foxx earned this criticism fair and square, and she'd do well to step up and take responsibility.

r73, if that's the way attorney discipline works in Illinois, then so be it. In DC, the Bar Association hears and decides discipline cases, including conflicts/appearance issues. If the Illinois State Supreme Court has that function, I'm sure it considers alleged conflicts of interest as well.

by Anonymousreply 88April 1, 2019 12:52 AM

SNL.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 89April 1, 2019 1:48 AM

U.S. Rep. Maxine Waters, D-Calif., was honored over the weekend at the NAACP Image Awards, where Smollett was also nominated -- but lost -- for best-supporting actor in a television drama for his role as Jamal Lyon on the Fox series. He was edged out by "Grey's Anatomy" star Jesse Williams.

In an interview with "Extra," Waters said it was the "correct thing" for prosecutors to dismiss all 16 felony counts against Smollett, who is black and gay.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 90April 1, 2019 9:06 PM

That SNL skit was good.

“I’m the gay Tupac.”

“Jussie, nobody knows what that means.”

by Anonymousreply 91April 1, 2019 9:28 PM

Oh Maxine. Just stay quiet next time. Jesus.

by Anonymousreply 92April 1, 2019 9:29 PM

She's not capable of exercising judgment, r92. Add to that shortcoming the fact that she's a dimwit. Her heart may be in the right place, but.....

by Anonymousreply 93April 1, 2019 10:09 PM

I can’t stand Maxine. Anyone have any updates on the protest that we’re supposed to happen today in Chicago?

by Anonymousreply 94April 1, 2019 10:31 PM

Stupid Jussie. He’s bringing Empire’s ratings down. Just about everyone hates him. He’ll never recover from these lies. What was he thinking? Oh yeah. He wasn’t.

by Anonymousreply 95April 1, 2019 10:36 PM

[quote]U.S. Rep. Maxine Waters, D-Calif., was honored over the weekend at the NAACP Image Awards

When is this worthless bitch finally going to die?

by Anonymousreply 96April 1, 2019 10:37 PM

Chicago police call for state's attorney to resign in Smollett controversy

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 97April 1, 2019 10:48 PM

So what they are saying by dismissing the charges is that there WAS an attack and Wussie was telling the truth......I'm confused by the dropping of the charges.....

by Anonymousreply 98April 2, 2019 6:52 PM

He Smelled My Hair and Whispered, "This Is Biden Country!"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 99April 2, 2019 6:59 PM

No,r98. I don't think anyone in law enforcement/prosecution has said that Jesse was attacked and there was no hoax. They have said variously that they believe he committed the hoax and that the dismissal is not an exoneration--the State's Attorney just decided to dismiss the case. First she said it was because he did his community service and forfeited his bond so they'll call it square. Next she said maybe they couldn't prove up the case in court.

But nobody other than Jesse's family and friends and a couple of posters on this thread has said he didn't do it.

by Anonymousreply 100April 2, 2019 7:28 PM

Gloria Schmidt, attorney for the Osundairo Brothers, laughed out loud at the continued lies by Jussie Smollett and his attorneys tonight on Tucker Carlson’s show.

Schmidt said the brothers stand by their testimony that this was a staged hate hoax by Smollett. The brothers regret their role in the hate hoax. Their attorney also said the Osundairo brothers are not homophobic, not racist and they are not anti-Trump.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 101April 2, 2019 7:36 PM

R101 Well that sounds off. I have a hard time believing they aren't "Anti-Trump" by the standards of Carlson's audience. The hell was that interview for even?

by Anonymousreply 102April 2, 2019 7:39 PM

Everybody is confused by the dropping of the charges, r98.

by Anonymousreply 103April 2, 2019 7:39 PM

As a panelist on Bill Maher's show last Friday, former New York attorney general Preet Bharara was asked if he could help explain what happened in the Smollett dismissal. He just shook his head in disbelief and said "Nope. Not a single thing about it makes any sense and I have no explanation at all. In all my years of prosecuting I've never seen anything like it."

by Anonymousreply 104April 2, 2019 9:08 PM

Thanks R100......some folks are talking as if he is exonerated and that he told the truth, etc. Crazy.....

by Anonymousreply 105April 2, 2019 9:11 PM

Tracy Morgan is not a fan of Jussie either

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 106April 2, 2019 9:15 PM

I love how the black community is now openly laughing at what a pathetic mess Jussie is (save queen cunt Ana DuVernay).

by Anonymousreply 107April 2, 2019 9:53 PM

Has Oprah had anything to say recently?

by Anonymousreply 108April 2, 2019 10:03 PM

It’s pretty obvious that Michelle Obama spoke to the State’s Attorney and “suggested” that the charges be dropped.

by Anonymousreply 109April 2, 2019 10:20 PM

[quote]I love how the black community is now openly laughing at what a pathetic mess Jussie is

The black community is homophobic, and is taking advantage of this opportunity to openly mock a gay person.

by Anonymousreply 110April 2, 2019 10:22 PM

You really think the black community is that homogeneous, r110?

I think he has plenty of support among black folks--mostly the ones who won't ever concede that a black person has done something wrong---or if he did, it was because of years of oppression and injustice, so he shouldn't be blamed.

by Anonymousreply 111April 2, 2019 10:27 PM

I always knew MO's schmoozing with black Hollywood would come back to bite her

by Anonymousreply 112April 2, 2019 10:32 PM

Black people always go to bat for lightskin blacks. Lee Daniels loves Jussie because of his looks. Chris Rock was right.

If Jussie was a darkskin gay man, he wouldn't be as coddled or supported.

by Anonymousreply 113April 2, 2019 10:38 PM

Not obvious at all , r109; don't present it as fact. It may be true, but I think it's unlikely that she would have exercised such poor judgment.

by Anonymousreply 114April 2, 2019 10:41 PM

𝑬𝒗𝒆𝒏 𝑻𝒓𝒂𝒄𝒚 𝒏𝒐𝒕𝒊𝒄𝒆𝒅 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒔𝒂𝒎𝒎𝒊𝒄𝒉.

Fallon then asked: 'You don't buy that story?' - referring to Smollett's claims that he was the victim of a racist, homophobic attack by two men in downtown Chicago in January.

Morgan replied: 'Nah man! First of all, racist people don't be jumping nobody in the polar vortex. It's too cold. You be racist in the spring.'

'Racists don't be watching Empire,' the Last O.G. star added.

Morgan also joked that the story didn't add up because Smollett was seen holding his Subway sandwich after the attack.

'He didn't let that Subway sandwich go,' he said before Fallon changed the subject.

by Anonymousreply 115April 2, 2019 10:53 PM

[quote]Morgan replied: 'Nah man! First of all, racist people don't be jumping nobody in the polar vortex. It's too cold. You be racist in the spring.'

I can actually hear him saying this, and it’s hysterical.

by Anonymousreply 116April 2, 2019 11:06 PM

And these were EACH points raised early in the original Jussie thread. And earned the posters a reply calling them racist.

Now is that guy going to call Tracy racist too ?

by Anonymousreply 117April 2, 2019 11:13 PM

Tracy Morgan is a piece of shit. This is the same guy who said he would “pull out a knife and stab” a son of his if he turned out gay.

by Anonymousreply 118April 2, 2019 11:18 PM

Yeah, not sure I'd be so quick to jump on a Tracy Morgan bandwagon.

by Anonymousreply 119April 2, 2019 11:30 PM

True R119, but at least he was saying what everyone was thinking.

by Anonymousreply 120April 2, 2019 11:32 PM

Is Tracy Morgan still milking that car crash for every cent it’s worth?

Wear your seat belt next time, asshole.

by Anonymousreply 121April 2, 2019 11:34 PM

Remember when we were DL famous for a glorious yet fleeting time? I found the anonymous letter thread and got a bit misty.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 122April 2, 2019 11:45 PM

I love the new mayor already

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 123April 3, 2019 7:56 PM

Link to full article:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 124April 3, 2019 7:58 PM

Can she revoke his Chicago privileges?

by Anonymousreply 125April 3, 2019 8:01 PM

R93, R94, and R96, wave that Russian troll flag!

by Anonymousreply 126April 3, 2019 8:07 PM

Who the f--- is in the OP pic? He somewhat resembles the notorious Venomfang X, aka Shawn Karon.

"Boo"? WTF?

by Anonymousreply 127April 3, 2019 8:13 PM

R121 has never been in a tour bus nor an RV.

by Anonymousreply 128April 3, 2019 8:20 PM

I missed this nugget. Something may go down on Thursday. Thread:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 129April 3, 2019 8:35 PM

R124 She basically came out and said he staged a hoax...on her first day in office:

“I saw…a very compelling case, with videotapes, witness statements, and other information that looked like he had staged a hoax. And if that happens, he’s got to be held accountable.”

by Anonymousreply 130April 3, 2019 10:29 PM

That States’ Attorney, Ms. Foxx, has a lot to explain.

She was definitely pressured, or bribed, into dropping this case.

by Anonymousreply 131April 3, 2019 10:40 PM

Michelle Obama pressured Kim Foxx because she's friends with the Smollett family .

by Anonymousreply 132April 4, 2019 12:49 AM

I don't think this is anything more than your speculation, r132. I'm sure the Obamas are too smart to get involved in this nonsense.

by Anonymousreply 133April 4, 2019 2:05 AM

Jussie oh dear. You need to re-think the hoax.

by Anonymousreply 134April 4, 2019 2:10 AM

If Ari Emmanuel destroys Jussie's career in Hollywood, we'll know Rahm's rage was real.

If Jussie thrives in Hollywood, it can only be with Ari Emmanuel's say-so, which would mean Rahm's rage was staged to deflect attention away from Rahm's cronies who may have pulled strings on Smollett's behalf.

by Anonymousreply 135April 4, 2019 2:21 AM

R135............?

by Anonymousreply 136April 4, 2019 2:22 AM

Was Jussie getting personal training to lose weight for another role? He did look a little heavier in tonight's episode, whenever it was filmed. Maybe he was stress eating or he is just starting to look like a regular 36 year old.

by Anonymousreply 137April 4, 2019 3:24 AM

Why are you watching that trash?

by Anonymousreply 138April 4, 2019 3:29 AM

It's Thursday....what happened????

by Anonymousreply 139April 4, 2019 4:18 PM

Suburban police chiefs expected to blast Kim Foxx at afternoon press conference. Recent "no confidence" letter previews law enforcement's concerns.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 140April 4, 2019 4:35 PM

[quote]I'm sure the Obamas are too smart to get involved in this nonsense.

From what we know to date, it was a former assistant of Michelle’s that got involved. I think had that woman not worked for Michelle, the Obamas name wouldn’t have even been brought up, but it’s “sexy” for the press to bring them in. The fact that this woman worked for Michelle has no bearing. Why didn’t they say she was a former assistant to Joe Higenbother. Because people would say, “who?”

I don’t see the Obamas even caring enough about this particular circumstance to care to get involved.

by Anonymousreply 141April 4, 2019 5:07 PM

I couldn't agree more, r141, but posters like r132 keep insisting that somehow Michelle went to bat for Jussie because of their "family friendship." Doubtful, indeed.

by Anonymousreply 142April 4, 2019 5:20 PM

Henson declares Jussie WILL be back on Empire

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 143April 4, 2019 5:56 PM

Jussie will now strut away quietly while the Chicago police, state attorney, and municipal leaders snatch each other's wigs off over longstanding failures and issues that have plagued the city for years. It only took one attitudinal queen to start all this mess.

by Anonymousreply 144April 4, 2019 6:31 PM

Taraji has been a total mess during all this. No, honey. As Dorinda Medley would say, CLIP.

Her new movie with Sam Rockwell looks awful. Somehow an even cheesier version of Green Book.

by Anonymousreply 145April 4, 2019 7:36 PM

Looks like bad Oscar bait released in April.

by Anonymousreply 146April 4, 2019 8:25 PM

I think Empire producers are going to throw their hands up in the air and cancel the show. Damned of they do and damned if they don't.

by Anonymousreply 147April 4, 2019 8:31 PM

Not surprising, they are calling for Foxx to resign

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 148April 4, 2019 8:34 PM

Jussie is getting sued by the City of Chicago! This is going to be so much fun.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 149April 4, 2019 11:18 PM

And we thought this ended when the charges were dropped and we’d be done with these threads. Silly us, this shit is just getting started!

by Anonymousreply 150April 4, 2019 11:22 PM

Holy fuck is this guy STUPID! For whatever (corrupt) reason, this asshole managed to get a mind numbing 16 charges totally dropped. All he had to do was pay the 130k and this bit would have been done and dusted. He didn't, so what happens? Check this out:

In addition, in order to win, the City must prove that it's more likely than not that Jussie faked the "attack." This, in effect, puts Jussie on trial before an administrative law judge.

So basically this dumb fuck is going to end up on trial anyway! And the FBI hasn't landed yet, so still more to come there! There is joy back in the Jussie thread!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 151April 4, 2019 11:28 PM

R151 Cheap dumb fuck

by Anonymousreply 152April 4, 2019 11:31 PM

Jussie done fucked up, as the old folks would say.

by Anonymousreply 153April 4, 2019 11:38 PM

I don't know what the rules of evidence/discovery are in an administrative case, but it's possible that all the secrecy will be blown up so the state can prove its case. This should be interesting. I honestly didn't think there could be a cause of action like this.

by Anonymousreply 154April 5, 2019 12:20 AM

Yes! And let the record show, there were some of us on this thread that knew he wouldn’t get away with it even after they dropped the charges.

Also, where is the cunt who called anyone against Jussie a racist?

by Anonymousreply 155April 5, 2019 2:44 AM

[quote] This should be interesting. I honestly didn't think there could be a cause of action like this.

And I still don't think there is a cause of action, thanks to DA Foxx's corrupt deal. Had reimbursement been a condition of the deal he would be stuck, but otherwise citizens aren't usually billed for direct police services other then in general taxes.

HOWEVER, the thought occurs to me people whose own negligent actions get themselves trapped on mountains and forests will sometimes be billed for the cost of rescue. Maybe an argument along these lines could be made.

by Anonymousreply 156April 5, 2019 3:05 AM

Also, r156, anyone (or entity) can sue anyone for anything.

Whether or not they’ll prevail, that’s another matter.

by Anonymousreply 157April 5, 2019 9:07 AM

So how’d this work out for the dumb fuk Jussie? This is hardly over. Stupid idiot.

by Anonymousreply 158April 5, 2019 9:45 AM

That's true up to a point, r157, but most frivolous suits don't survive the Clerk's Office, and if they do they're dismissed by the Court with costs imposed for wasting the Court's time.

by Anonymousreply 159April 5, 2019 12:46 PM

[quote]thanks to DA Foxx's corrupt deal.

Thanks to Michelle Obama’s corrupt deal.

by Anonymousreply 160April 5, 2019 12:49 PM

So many dead horses beaten on these Jussie threads.

by Anonymousreply 161April 5, 2019 1:03 PM

If you want to take my comment literally, r159, but that’s not how I meant it.

This would not be a case that would be considered frivolous and immediately dismissed. This may even set a precedent.

by Anonymousreply 162April 5, 2019 1:39 PM

Foxx's dismissal of the charges was so nakedly, brazenly corrupt, she must be protecting more than a B-list actor's reputation and career. Jussie really is buddies with Barack and Michelle and he is close to Kamala Harris as well. It is entirely possible that he staged the attack to coincide with Harris's anti-lynching bill. It would not be the least bit surprising if the Obamas and/or Harris pressured Foxx to torpedo the case against him.

by Anonymousreply 163April 5, 2019 1:48 PM

I can't be expected to vet your comments for subtleties, r 162. And if you're correct in your evaluation of this case, I'll be as interested as anyone to see how it plays out. I still think that it may suffer from something akin to ripeness because neither the courts nor the settlement agreement have established that Jussie in fact perpetrated the hoax. I'm not sure how it can be alleged that he wasted the city's resources without those findings of fact.

by Anonymousreply 164April 5, 2019 1:49 PM

Wouldn’t that be the thrust of the complaint?

City of Chicago intends to prove he committed a hoax and, by doing so cost the city XX dollars and we want that money back?

by Anonymousreply 165April 5, 2019 1:55 PM

Well, that's the question, isn't it? I really do think this is an interesting wrinkle, but maybe it's just a question of proving civilly what wasn't provable (because of the dismissal) criminally. It will certainly be an effective way of bringing out all the pertinent facts -- unless Jussie's team decides the better part of valor is to pay the $130,000 and avoid airing any more dirty laundry.

by Anonymousreply 166April 5, 2019 2:01 PM

R163, I don't think it's Barack. Barack is too smart and nerdy to get involved in this mess. He probably has never watched an episode of Empire before. He is too busy writing his memoirs. Barack once said (referring to Hillary's emails) that he never does anything questionable via email.

It's Michelle. She is the one with all the black Hwood friends. She loves low level Hollywood shit. She's become quite the narcissist lately. I hate to say it. One of the things I liked about her was she seemed far more down to earth than Barack. Now Michelle is becoming the arrogant one. Oprah levels of celebrity worship/star fucking in MO now

by Anonymousreply 167April 5, 2019 2:06 PM

Just look at the entitlement. The Smollett family reaching out to Michelle Obama for help getting Jussie out of trouble and forever insecure Michelle doing so because deep inside she enjoys finally being the popular girl or in the "cool crowd" at 50+ years old.

Another insecure over 50 is Lee Daniels-the show's producer who projected everything he wishes he could be (mainly light skin and curly hair as Chris Rock aptly noted) in Jussie Smollett his biracial savior

by Anonymousreply 168April 5, 2019 2:12 PM

Interesting scenario, r168, but I believe it takes place entirely in your imagination.

by Anonymousreply 169April 5, 2019 2:15 PM

It sounds ridiculous perhaps to white people but trust me- how Jussie Smollett is being treated and coddled by black people has everything to do with his looks and colorism. Biracial or lighter skinned African Americans are treated better by black folk than very dark skinned people. White savior isn't the only phenomenon. There's also a thing called biracial savior where biracials have white guilt and overcompensate for their white side by being a very pro black activist and "leader".

There's a reason Oprah was starry eyed and acted like a schoolgirl over Barack. Guarantee you if Barack looked like Martin Luther King or Clarence Thomas- she would not have endorsed him.

Chris Rock's joke was more spot on than people want to admit. We can't ignore cultural nuances and the subtext they bring to this discussion.

by Anonymousreply 170April 5, 2019 2:19 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 171April 5, 2019 2:28 PM

Tribune coverage. I want to smack that woman holding the sign. Though she looks like she's getting paid for it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 172April 5, 2019 2:31 PM

She looks like someone's holding a gun to her head.

by Anonymousreply 173April 5, 2019 2:33 PM

Have we seen one fact that Michelle Obama is involved in this? Why does this keep getting stated as fact? Please stop until you have some serious receipts, otherwise you sound unhinged.

by Anonymousreply 174April 5, 2019 2:37 PM

Thanks, r174

by Anonymousreply 175April 5, 2019 2:39 PM

It's a discussion board. Nothing is fact, unless backed with a link to a reputable news article. But MO is involved.

by Anonymousreply 176April 5, 2019 2:48 PM

R176 Your post contradicts itself.

by Anonymousreply 177April 5, 2019 2:55 PM

I thought I recognized the woman in r172. A little research on the web and, I knew it!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 178April 5, 2019 2:57 PM

You freaks are ridiculous with your Michelle Obama bullshit. Of course she was not involved.

by Anonymousreply 179April 5, 2019 3:00 PM

Geragos is threatening to sue the city of Chicago for defamation

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 180April 5, 2019 3:33 PM

[quote]Geragos is threatening to sue the city of Chicago for defamation

Come at me, bro!

by Anonymousreply 181April 5, 2019 3:35 PM

If Geragos is indeed the co-conspirator of what Avenatti is apparently facing, re: extortion charges, he's got more to worry about than trying to stare down the city of Chicago.

by Anonymousreply 182April 5, 2019 3:38 PM

Tina Tchen is an assistant to Michelle Obama.

She reached out and emailed Kim Foxx on behalf of the Smollett family.

It is safe to assume Tina Tchen-an aide to Michelle Obama- was doing this for Michelle Obama

by Anonymousreply 183April 5, 2019 3:38 PM

R183 I don't think it is "safe to assume". That's some guilt by association shit. Nice try.

by Anonymousreply 184April 5, 2019 3:41 PM

Even People Magazine is reporting it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 185April 5, 2019 3:41 PM

[quote]Tina Tchen is an assistant to Michelle Obama.

Is? Or was?

[quote]FORMER Michelle Obama aid...(emphasis added.)

by Anonymousreply 186April 5, 2019 3:43 PM

r185 Yes, note: "former aide"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 187April 5, 2019 3:44 PM

Jussie Smollett and Michelle Obama once danced on stage, and he performed musically at the Obama White House in honor of Ray Charles.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 188April 5, 2019 3:44 PM

Jussie and his brother at The White House

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 189April 5, 2019 3:45 PM

Jussie had his nose up everyone's asses. Please can we stop with the non facts?

by Anonymousreply 190April 5, 2019 3:46 PM

No such thing as a "former" lackey/ chief of staff.

Interesting that Barack's former chief of staff Rahm is on the opposite side of the Jussie Smollett debacle

by Anonymousreply 191April 5, 2019 3:47 PM

Both Smollett sisters also worked for the Obama campaign in 2008 and 2012.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 192April 5, 2019 3:48 PM

Oh, well, if *PEOPLE* is reporting it, it must be true. And even HEAVY. Oooooh.

Re Geragos suing the city for defamation, lotsa luck to him. The standard of proof for defamation is a lot stricter if the defamed person is a public figure. Whether Geragos is suing on Smollett's behalf or on his own, he would be held to that standard.

by Anonymousreply 193April 5, 2019 3:50 PM

Everyone is reporting it, R193. You can't play dumb. The optics point to Obama meddling.

It doesn't matter if Tina Tchen was a former chief of staff or not. Once a lackey, always a lackey!

Do you really think Michelle would email Kim Foxx herself? She called in a favor. Who says no to Michelle Obama? Tina Tchen and Kim Foxx had to do what was asked

by Anonymousreply 194April 5, 2019 3:55 PM

OK Michelle Obama troll, you've made your point. Come up with some new material now.

by Anonymousreply 195April 5, 2019 4:02 PM

Well, this is a good example of why state, government and bar association ethics regs speak to "appearances of impropriety" as well as actual impropriety. Obviously, the optics aren't good, and they're being spun as in your post and some of the links posted above. Tchen shouldn't have made the call and Foxx shouldn't have acquiesced---and since she did, she should have done a proper recusal applicable to her entire staff and requested an independent counsel.

Nevertheless, optics aren't receipts, and I find it hard to believe that either Obama would risk damaging their brand by getting involved in this nonsense, however indirectly.

by Anonymousreply 196April 5, 2019 4:02 PM

And "everyone reporting" something doesn't make it true, r194. You can't be that naive, can you?

by Anonymousreply 197April 5, 2019 4:04 PM

R188 how embarrassing -Michelle shucking and jiving

by Anonymousreply 198April 5, 2019 4:09 PM

[quote]Geragos is threatening to sue the city of Chicago for defamation

Bitch, I’m black. And a woman. And a lesbian. You think I got where I am today by not being a fighter?!

Sit your old ass down.

by Anonymousreply 199April 5, 2019 4:10 PM

[quote]Do you really think Michelle would email Kim Foxx herself? She called in a favor.

So let me get this straight. Instead of Michelle, with all her influence and name cache, picking up the phone and calling directly, where there would be no trace of what was discussed, she instead called a former aid of hers? And says, what, “Hey, girl. I know you don’t work for me anymore, but can you find the time to write an email for me? But it has to be an email so there’s a paper trail, mkay”? And then, this former aid never mentions her name, such as “I’m writing on behalf of...” or anything? I guess Michelle just assumed that, since she once worked for her in the past, they would put two and two together and realize it was actually on Michelle’s behalf?

You know what, you may be onto something here. SMH.

by Anonymousreply 200April 5, 2019 4:17 PM

Of course Michelle Obama was NOT involved....but you can bet your ass that woman used her NAME when she made the call.

by Anonymousreply 201April 5, 2019 4:23 PM

Tchen may have enough name recognition in Chicago (she certainly does in some DC legal/SJW circles) that she wouldn't have to drop Michelle's.

by Anonymousreply 202April 5, 2019 4:26 PM

Oh Maxine I loved you with all my heart. Sorry but this time you are on the wrong side , dear.

by Anonymousreply 203April 5, 2019 4:31 PM

LOL.....yes her name alone would have more influence than dropping the name of the former First Lady of the United States...for sure...especially in Chicago where she has name recognition. Haahahahahaha.

by Anonymousreply 204April 5, 2019 4:43 PM

[quote]but you can bet your ass that woman used her NAME when she made the call.

Except she didn’t make a call. She sent a text.

by Anonymousreply 205April 5, 2019 4:51 PM

A full investigation needs to be done.

by Anonymousreply 206April 5, 2019 4:55 PM

Foxx has got to fucking go. She's a disaster. The full article is at the link, but some tidbits about her rally:

Despite promises made to the media, no police chiefs showed up to support Foxx. Rev. Jesse Jackson Sr. organized the event but offered no explanation for the African American police chiefs' absences.

After days of mixed messages and conflicting statements from Foxx and her top leadership, the state’s attorney made no effort to set the record straight regarding the Smollett case.

Instead, she repeatedly stated that she had "recused" herself from the Smollett case, when, in fact, she has already admitted that she did not recuse herself. The term was used "colloquially," her office clarified after the truth came out, not in the legal sense that would require an outside attorney's office to take over the case.

Foxx also once again dove for cover behind the volume of cases her office handles and, sickeningly, the children who are regularly shot on the streets of Chicago. Of course, diverting precious resources from "real" crime victims is precisely the reason Smollett was charged in the first place. Want to show the public that you're serious about the judicious use of resources, Ms. Foxx? Prosecute celebrities who tie up those resources to bolster their shrinking fame.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 207April 6, 2019 9:29 PM

The CWB Chicago Twitter guy is in a mood today.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 208April 6, 2019 9:32 PM

Foxx looks like something out of Planet of the Apes

by Anonymousreply 209April 6, 2019 9:32 PM

Hi, Roseanne!

by Anonymousreply 210April 7, 2019 6:56 AM

Yeah, but r209 is right.

by Anonymousreply 211April 7, 2019 1:02 PM

Foxx looks like a Harvey Comics character.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 212April 7, 2019 1:07 PM

wow. yes.

by Anonymousreply 213April 7, 2019 1:24 PM

Fixx is now saying race is behind the criticism of her.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 214April 7, 2019 4:46 PM

She has some fucking nerve playing the race card when the very case she's under fire for was a FAKE RACE-RELATED HOAX!

Why isn't she out on her ass yet?

by Anonymousreply 215April 7, 2019 4:52 PM

Of course she's playing the race card. There are so many race cards out there that somebody must have gin rummy.

by Anonymousreply 216April 7, 2019 4:57 PM

It’s the only card Fixx has to play!

Isn’t one of the most vocal critics of her a BLACK police chief?

by Anonymousreply 217April 7, 2019 6:05 PM

Picky, picky, r217. I have to say, anyone with half a brain must realize by now that she was either influenced, racially motivated or is stupid--or some cocktail of of all the above. Whether or not one thinks Smollett is guilty, her actions in summarily dropping the charges and then constantly revising her justifications are insupportable.

by Anonymousreply 218April 7, 2019 6:16 PM

I just know the CWB Chicago twitter guy is a datalounger.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 219April 7, 2019 6:27 PM

Picky, picky about what, R218? That comment makes no sense whatsoever.

by Anonymousreply 220April 7, 2019 6:46 PM

It was mild sarcasm directed toward Foxx, r218. Not about you , so please sit back down.

by Anonymousreply 221April 7, 2019 7:24 PM

More Jussie collateral damage. Jussie's defender is falling on his face.

𝗖𝗼𝗿𝘆 𝗕𝗼𝗼𝗸𝗲𝗿’𝘀 𝗙𝗶𝗿𝘀𝘁 𝗤𝘂𝗮𝗿𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗙𝘂𝗻𝗱𝗿𝗮𝗶𝘀𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗶𝘀 𝗢𝘂𝘁 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗜𝘁’𝘀 … 𝗟𝗮𝗰𝗸𝗹𝘂𝘀𝘁𝗲𝗿

Presidential candidate Cory Booker‘s first fundraising total for his 2020 run for president is out, and it’s not promising for the Senator. He’s well behind the totals of his fellow high name-recognition candidates.

With just $5 million raised raised, it’s looking more like a “who is Spartacus moment” than the “incredible energy and enthusiasm” Booker cites in announcing the numbers.

Booker isn’t even at a third of what Sen. Bernie Sanders ($18.2 million) has pulled in. He’s slightly over 1/3 of the total amount brought in by Sen. Kamala Harris ($12 million).

In fact, he’s only at about half that of failed senate candidate Beto O’Rourke ($9.4 million), and isn’t even neck-and-neck former mayor Pete Buttigieg ($7 million). He is beating relative unknown Andrew Yang’s $1.7, though.

by Anonymousreply 222April 7, 2019 9:45 PM

There's no reason to think that Booker's floundering because of Smollett.

by Anonymousreply 223April 7, 2019 10:00 PM

I've always loved Chris Rock's commentary on the shit/topic of the day, particularly the 'Hollywood' shit. He is always the first to take down that shit when other people won't.

by Anonymousreply 224April 7, 2019 11:19 PM

Cory Booker is floundering because he’s an annoying, drama queen who inspires ZERO passion in voters this year. Compared to someone like Mayor Pete, he very much comes off as a humorless scold who takes himself way too seriously. And that desperate Rosario Dawson business? Please. The supposed friendship with Jussie and the “high-tech lynching” coents are not major deleterious factors but they are certainly not helping matters.

Sorry, honey, it’s not happening this year.

by Anonymousreply 225April 7, 2019 11:26 PM

R217 Yeah the Police Chief and the newly-elected Mayor are both black. That’s gonna make it hard for this scumbag to play the race card. And the new mayor has already spoken about this—she wants answers and shs’s seen the voluminous evidence that this was a hoax.

by Anonymousreply 226April 7, 2019 11:29 PM

R226 that all the power players in this whole scenario are black and but they still try with the knee jerk “it’s cuz I’m black” reaction is what makes this case so delicious 😋

by Anonymousreply 227April 8, 2019 1:11 AM

𝗖𝗵𝗶𝗰𝗮𝗴𝗼'𝘀 𝗽𝗼𝗹𝗶𝗰𝗲 𝘂𝗻𝗶𝗼𝗻 𝗶𝘀 '𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝘀𝘄𝗼𝗿𝗻 𝗲𝗻𝗲𝗺𝘆 𝗼𝗳 𝗯𝗹𝗮𝗰𝗸 𝗽𝗲𝗼𝗽𝗹𝗲,' 𝗥𝗲𝗽. 𝗕𝗼𝗯𝗯𝘆 𝗥𝘂𝘀𝗵 𝘀𝗮𝘆𝘀 after protest of Jussie Smollett case

After a week of heated protests and calls for her resignation, Cook County State’s Attorney Kim Foxx and African-American leaders condemned Chicago’s police union and defended how the prosecutor’s office addressed an actor’s alleged hate crime hoax.

Foxx vowed to remain at her post during a Saturday news conference, despite intense controversy sparked in March when her office dropped a 16-count indictment that accused television actor Jussie Smollett of orchestrating a racist and homophobic attack on himself to advance his career.

Foxx declined to address “the substance of the case” with reporters gathered at the Rev. Jesse Jackson’s Rainbow/PUSH Coalition headquarters, though she’s faced mounting pressure to specify why Smollett’s prosecution was so quickly abandoned.

But U.S. Rep. Bobby Rush, activist Ja’Mal Green, Jackson and a group of other Foxx supporters blamed the city’s Fraternal Order of Police for a Monday confrontation over the Smollett case that displayed some of the city’s racial and political divisions.

“The FOP is the sworn enemy of black people, the sworn enemy of black people,” said Rush, who drew criticism in the city’s mayoral election when he suggested supporters of Mayor-elect Lori Lightfoot would have the blood of African-American youth killed by the police on their hands.

“The FOP has always taken the position that black people can be shot down in the street by members of the Chicago Police Department, and suffer no consequences,” 𝑹𝒖𝒔𝒉 𝒔𝒂𝒊𝒅, 𝒂𝒔 𝒂𝒏 𝒂𝒊𝒅𝒆 𝒑𝒖𝒍𝒍𝒆𝒅 𝑭𝒐𝒙𝒙 𝒐𝒖𝒕 𝒐𝒇 𝒕𝒆𝒍𝒆𝒗𝒊𝒔𝒊𝒐𝒏 𝒄𝒂𝒎𝒆𝒓𝒂𝒔’ 𝒗𝒊𝒆𝒘. “Let’s be clear: Kim Foxx, her battle, is with the FOP and all of their cohorts.”

The injection of white nationalists in this conversation for me, I will tell you personally, I was afraid,” Foxx said Saturday.

“I would certainly hope that the FOP and whatever their disagreements with me may be, whatever concerns that they may have about my ability or leadership, would at least expect the people of their union to not inject racism or white nationalists into the conversation.”

The union on Saturday described Rush’s comments as “ignorant, offensive, malicious, and false,” and continued to demand that Foxx resign from office.

“These outrageous and irresponsible comments have demeaned each and every Chicago Police Officer, regardless of their race,” the union said.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 228April 8, 2019 1:35 AM

r228 Why is Rush saying, "...supporters of Mayor-elect Lori Lightfoot would have the blood of African-American youth killed by the police on their hands" when Lightfoot is black?

by Anonymousreply 229April 8, 2019 1:05 PM

Yeah, but is she black black r229?

by Anonymousreply 230April 8, 2019 2:11 PM

A tidbit:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 231April 9, 2019 2:35 AM

I demand the 𝑷𝒖𝒍𝒊𝒕𝒛𝒆𝒓 𝑷𝒓𝒊𝒛𝒆 for CWB !

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 232April 9, 2019 3:13 AM

That's a pretty powerful piece of writing. I hope the mayor-elect's staff have read it; this is the shit that Smollett has rained on the city.

by Anonymousreply 233April 9, 2019 12:27 PM

Any black person with an ounce of brains should be furious with Smollett for making the black community as a whole look stupid for coming to the defense of an obviously guilty criminal.

Smollett is not a martyr to police brutality or systemic injustice. He is a model of wealth privilege. It is a shame the black community is willing to sacrifice its own credibility defending him.

by Anonymousreply 234April 9, 2019 12:33 PM

[quote]It is a shame the black community is willing to sacrifice its own credibility defending him.

And defending him at the expense of two other black guys.

by Anonymousreply 235April 9, 2019 12:56 PM

[quote]It is a shame the black community is willing to sacrifice its own credibility defending him.

It is only delusional Dataloungers who think black people are sacrificing any credibility defending Jussie Smollett. Chris Rock neatly summed up what the majority of black people really feel about Smollett. His light skin makes his actions even more offensive because he already had that advantage in his career. And he still blew it.

If you hear any black person defending him, they are only doing so because he just happens to be half black, not because they like him. At the end of the day, he knew the black community would make him out to be a soft, light skinned punk. That is why he spends his life overcompensating, calling himself the gay Tupac.

by Anonymousreply 236April 9, 2019 1:09 PM

[quote] Any black person with an ounce of brains should be furious with Smollett for making the black community as a whole look stupid for coming to the defense of an obviously guilty criminal.

The black community as a whole has not come to his defense. I have read numerous comments from black people on social media, in the news, etc. criticizing him for the hoax and stating that he got off too easily,

by Anonymousreply 237April 9, 2019 3:28 PM

Everyday black people do not support Jussie. All of the black forums aren't supporting Jussie. They think he's a messy stunt queen that caused lots of unnecessary drama with police. If anything people are angry he's endangering black gay people and black men in general from being believed by police.

It's the black politicos and Hwood celebs like Taraji P Henson, Tyler Perry, Lee Daniels that support Jussie and that's because Jussie and fam are well connected.

by Anonymousreply 238April 9, 2019 6:46 PM

Are Jussie and his family really all that well connected? I can't figure out what the mother has done apart from dropping a lot of names from "the movement," And apart from Jurnee, what do the other ridiculously named siblings do?

by Anonymousreply 239April 9, 2019 7:04 PM

[quote] If you hear any black person defending him, they are only doing so because he just happens to be half black

Do you not see the problem with that?

by Anonymousreply 240April 9, 2019 7:46 PM

r240 of course there is a problem with that. But in Jussie's mind he believes those people are in love with him and his work. That is why he walks around with that arrogant attitude.

by Anonymousreply 241April 10, 2019 1:01 AM

Well, that, and his parents evidently told him he was Chosen. This save the world nonsense he spouts probably started at a very early age.

by Anonymousreply 242April 10, 2019 1:04 AM

He might as well enter the Presidential race at this point. Everyone else has.

by Anonymousreply 243April 10, 2019 1:30 AM

Including, evidently, Alec Baldwin.

It's the End Times.

by Anonymousreply 244April 10, 2019 1:31 AM

[quote] The black community as a whole has not come to his defense.

The community, no. But the "leaders" like Cory Booker certainly stepped in it. But the primary defenders were the white progressives in media who spent weeks silencing ANY people who tried to discuss the obvious holes in his story.

by Anonymousreply 245April 10, 2019 1:39 AM

[quote]It's the black politicos and Hwood celebs like Taraji P Henson, Tyler Perry, Lee Daniels that support Jussie and that's because Jussie and fam are well connected.

Exactly. It is the black elite who have his back because he is their golden boy. If you're not black and your only perspective on this is through the slanted media, you'd think that the black community supports him. Not true at all. Jussie knew he was about to get the "stunt queen" branding from black people, which is why he mentioned it to Robin Robins. That is a dangerous and wreckless individual that you can't trust.

Jason Lee attempted to hook up with Jussie years ago before he was well known on Empire. Jussie had a roommate and a cat. But years later he doesn't even want to give an interview. He talks about Jussie around 34:00

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 246April 10, 2019 2:16 AM

𝐂𝐖𝐁 𝐂𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐚𝐠𝐨 𝐬𝐜𝐨𝐫𝐞𝐬 𝐚𝐠𝐚𝐢𝐧

An anonymous attorney in the Cook County prosecutor’s office lambasted state attorney Kim Foxx over her handling of the high profile Jussie Smollett case, and the tendency of her and her allies to resort to accusations of racism when criticized, in an a letter provided to 𝑪𝑾𝑩 𝑪𝒉𝒊𝒄𝒂𝒈𝒐 on Monday.

Foxx’s office dropped all charges against Smollett last month after he was indicted by a grand jury for allegedly staging a bigoted and politically-motivated hate crime against himself with the help of two friends who were paid for their services. Citing his record of community service and the technically victimless nature of his alleged crime, Foxx’s office dropped all charges without requiring that Smollett admit guilt.

After briefly reviewing the history of racial discrimination in Chicago, the unnamed assistant state’s attorney attacked Foxx and her allies for casting criticism of the decision as racist.

by Anonymousreply 247April 10, 2019 8:46 PM

[quote]That is a dangerous and wreckless individual

No, he crashed.

by Anonymousreply 248April 10, 2019 8:53 PM

Jussie's new story is that he refused to testify against the brothers in the state case and that's why the charges against him were dropped.

by Anonymousreply 249April 10, 2019 11:09 PM

r249 Where did you hear that?

God he's such a fucking disease.

by Anonymousreply 250April 10, 2019 11:37 PM

Not the greatest source: someone near me on the subway was reading aloud from an article on his ipad. I haven't had time to google it.

by Anonymousreply 251April 11, 2019 12:01 AM

Interesting article about what's wrong with the kind of people who hang out in this thread:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 252April 11, 2019 12:59 AM

You're here too shitlord at r252, check your privilege and run along, toots.

by Anonymousreply 253April 11, 2019 1:00 AM

White guilt driven articles like the one you posted r252 are also a large part of what "the problem" is.

He broke the law, he deserves to be punished. WHY IS THIS HARD?

Also, what r253 said.

by Anonymousreply 254April 11, 2019 1:03 AM

Yes, I have posted here a few times, r253, but not to call for Smollett's head on a pike.

Why don't you two jokers up there try actually reading the article? Among other things, you will learn that 75 percent of class 4 felony charges in Chicago result in deferred prosecutions; the Smollett case is not some glaring exception to what would normally happen to a person in his shoes.

by Anonymousreply 255April 11, 2019 1:08 AM

Not wasting my free views on it only to find out my take is correct r255. Also, deferred prosecution is far, FAR different from having 16 fucking charges simply dropped. The Smollett case is an absolutely perfect example of a glaring exception to what would normally happen.

Gentle reminder, this cunt wouldn't even pony up the 130k for expenses. He is entitled trash of the highest order.

by Anonymousreply 256April 11, 2019 1:18 AM

[quote] Not wasting my free views on it only to find out my take is correct [R255].

Well, at least you admit you didn't read it.

by Anonymousreply 257April 11, 2019 1:20 AM

[quote] White guilt driven articles like the one you posted [R252] are also a large part of what "the problem" is.

The author is not white, and I doubt she's driven by "white guilt."

by Anonymousreply 258April 11, 2019 1:25 AM

Jesus Christ you are tedious r257. Are you trying to sell subscriptions? Copy and paste some of it, but you'll likely either just cherry pick, or, as I am likely correct, the article is biased as fuck.

I don't care if the author is a Martian. Some of the people defending Jussie to the death were POC. Did that cunt Ava write the fucking thing? Did the asshole who tried to get Rob fired write it? did Maya Angelou rise from the dead and write it? Doesn't matter, It has a slant you can see from space and that you are shoving it down our throats is suspect.

by Anonymousreply 259April 11, 2019 1:28 AM

Who the hell are Ava and Rob?

by Anonymousreply 260April 11, 2019 1:32 AM

Ava Duvernay, shitty movie director and Rob is the guy who was reporting on it before anyone else.

by Anonymousreply 261April 11, 2019 1:38 AM

and Rob is the guy who was reporting on it ̶b̶e̶f̶o̶r̶e̶ ̶a̶n̶y̶o̶n̶e̶ ̶e̶l̶s̶e̶.̶ ̶ when the others were hailing Jussie as a heroic martyr while silencing and attacking anyone who doubted the "lynching" story.

by Anonymousreply 262April 11, 2019 2:00 AM

Rob is also...

...our Eskiboo:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 263April 11, 2019 2:07 AM

Jussie living it up in Hawaii

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 264April 11, 2019 6:41 PM

Does Jussie have good bussy?

by Anonymousreply 265April 11, 2019 6:49 PM

I really hate him.

by Anonymousreply 266April 11, 2019 8:44 PM

I think that should be the title of the next thread R266. It pretty much sums it up.

by Anonymousreply 267April 11, 2019 8:52 PM

Much better article

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 268April 11, 2019 10:14 PM

He's officially been sued by the city of Chicago

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 269April 11, 2019 10:44 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 270April 11, 2019 11:04 PM

He's hit OJ levels of "looking for the real culprit" the fucking nerve of this guy! He has people thinking the streets are crawling with anti-gay, racist, curb stompers and is off in Hawaii without a care in the world. God I hate him! Yes that should be the next thread title.

by Anonymousreply 271April 11, 2019 11:08 PM

It seems like the hatred for him is growing. This isn't just fading away.

by Anonymousreply 272April 11, 2019 11:11 PM

I think that’s because he’s so smug in spite of getting away with it (for now).

Had he come clean, or even didn’t spout out about the charges were dropped because he was innocent, but instead kept his mouth shut, it probably would’ve gone away already. But he’s too arrogant for that.

by Anonymousreply 273April 11, 2019 11:14 PM

Yep, no need to vote for Part 17. I don't think we could do any better than:

Jussie Smollett Updates Part 17 (God, We Hate Him)

by Anonymousreply 274April 11, 2019 11:16 PM

Our boo Rob just tweeted a link to the full complaint.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 275April 11, 2019 11:30 PM

More context here:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 276April 11, 2019 11:31 PM

Who was it who said racists don’t watch Empire ?

by Anonymousreply 277April 11, 2019 11:35 PM

[quote] Who was it who said racists don’t watch Empire ?

Chris Rock

by Anonymousreply 278April 11, 2019 11:44 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 279April 12, 2019 1:28 AM

He’s a disgusting piece of shit.

by Anonymousreply 280April 12, 2019 1:41 AM

That fat Foxx woman is now crying racism because she’s being criticized for not doing her fucking job... which is to prosecute criminals. Stupid useless bitch.

by Anonymousreply 281April 12, 2019 1:43 AM

Speaking of Foxx...her chief ethics officer is quitting!

The reporting these guys do is really fucking impressive. Toss a buck or two in their tip jar if you can.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 282April 12, 2019 2:03 AM

He's gaining weight because he paid his personal trainers to assault him, rather than train him.

by Anonymousreply 283April 12, 2019 2:31 AM

And he gets his sub on white.

by Anonymousreply 284April 12, 2019 2:32 AM

I wasn't joking when I posted earlier CWB should get a Pulitzer.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 285April 12, 2019 2:32 AM

Wasn't that Kim Foxx kind of forced to do that by someone else? Initially she recused herself and then dropped charges at someone else's behest. I feel bad for her, hope it was worth it, ugly.

by Anonymousreply 286April 12, 2019 3:24 AM

r286 The article at r282 might help shed some light on the shady situation.

by Anonymousreply 287April 12, 2019 3:28 AM

r286 Forgot to add, don't feel bad for her. She apparently has a history of questionable decisions. Something in the milk isn't clean, that is for sure.

by Anonymousreply 288April 12, 2019 3:30 AM

[quote]Wasn't that Kim Foxx kind of forced to do that by someone else?

Michelle Obama was involved.

by Anonymousreply 289April 12, 2019 1:41 PM

r289 There is zero proof of that, and your constant insistence that she was, does not at all make it so.

by Anonymousreply 290April 12, 2019 1:46 PM

Drop it, r289. I think it's highly unlikely that she would get involved in this shady business.

r286, do look at the article linked at r282. And keep in mind that Foxx didn't act in good faith from the get-go. She said she recused herself, which is a legal term of art that in this instance would have removed her, her office and everyone in it from the proceedings in favor of a special counsel. She later "clarified" that she was using the term "colloquially." In this case, recusal>colloquially=big fat lie. No one in the legal community, in Chicago or the country, is aware of such a practice or would have any cause to understand what she meant by recusal. So she's either too stupid to know what a basic legal term means (in which case she shouldn't be in her job) or she's venal (in which case she shouldn't be in her job).

by Anonymousreply 291April 12, 2019 2:18 PM

[quote]And he gets his sub on white.

Sigh. Forgotten about. Again.

I’m starting to take this personal.

by Anonymousreply 292April 12, 2019 2:49 PM

The smugness is what gets me. I do believe he has friends in very high places and is ready to spill tea if they don't get him out of this mess.

by Anonymousreply 293April 12, 2019 3:09 PM

Michelle Obama was involved.

She's friends with Jussie Smollett.

by Anonymousreply 294April 12, 2019 4:54 PM

Oh, ENOUGH. Give it up, for chrissakes.

by Anonymousreply 295April 12, 2019 4:55 PM

What “T” does this fat bitch have to drop on anyone? Does he have receipts of who the closeted, downlow guys are in the black acting community or something?

The poster who keeps bringing Michelle Obama into this discussion is deranged.

by Anonymousreply 296April 12, 2019 5:28 PM

R296 Unfortunately we will never know because this case is going to get dropped - the friends in high places will make sure it goes away and the press will drop it like a hot potato so that no one will ever find out the truth.

by Anonymousreply 297April 12, 2019 7:34 PM

How dramatic you are, r297. It's just possible that his "friends in high places" would just as soon get some distance from Jussie.

by Anonymousreply 298April 12, 2019 7:38 PM

I thought Michelle's name was just kind of thrown around too, like I can say I work for (my boss' name) but that doesn't mean I am acting in her capacity. I see no reason why Obama would want to get involved in this shitstorm but maybe she really did because it seemed so heinous, but it also seemed incredibly hinky, I don't think she would be that stu[id.

by Anonymousreply 299April 12, 2019 7:49 PM

Have they found my attackers yet?!

by Anonymousreply 300April 12, 2019 7:52 PM

He is in Hawaii the same place the Obamas go....

by Anonymousreply 301April 12, 2019 9:44 PM

[quote]Does Jussie have good bussy?

Probably not, seeing as how he has never had a man to claim or go out with him publicly!

I will say at least his ass is not flat anymore now that he's getting chunky

by Anonymousreply 302April 12, 2019 10:01 PM

Give it a fucking rest r301

by Anonymousreply 303April 12, 2019 10:09 PM

This man is a sneaky, rat bastard, and I hope Karma finds him soon.

by Anonymousreply 304April 12, 2019 10:17 PM

He’s so saditty 👸🏽

by Anonymousreply 305April 12, 2019 11:15 PM

[quote]This man is a sneaky, rat bastard, and I hope Karma finds him soon.

Karma better watch out cause he, ya know, fights the fuck back.

by Anonymousreply 306April 12, 2019 11:20 PM

R306 whatever.

by Anonymousreply 307April 12, 2019 11:25 PM

Karma will come around the corner when this bitch least expects it, and none too soon.

by Anonymousreply 308April 12, 2019 11:35 PM

Get the forks, hoes, and torches! Burn all the bitches!

by Anonymousreply 309April 12, 2019 11:38 PM

Karma’s coming for the Obamas... and they will regret shilling for this criminal loser.

by Anonymousreply 310April 13, 2019 12:22 AM

So fucking sick of the Obama troll. Get some new material asshole r310

*zap*

by Anonymousreply 311April 13, 2019 12:51 AM

[quote]What “T” does this fat bitch have to drop on anyone? Does he have receipts of who the closeted, downlow guys are in the black acting community or something?

Gurl you know he does. I hope he is forced to spill the teas to the media for money when those Empire checks stop coming in.

by Anonymousreply 312April 13, 2019 3:16 AM

His net worth isn't reported to be very high. He should have been saving. He is done. He can try to write a book. He can try to pretend to be an activist. Nobody in their right mind will hang their star to him. He wasn't all that special to begin with. Now he's just a mental case, drama queen, attention seeking liability.

by Anonymousreply 313April 13, 2019 3:23 PM

We might.

by Anonymousreply 314April 13, 2019 5:02 PM

If we didn't have the lock on white cis-female republican nepotism, Jussie might have been a good replacement for Kathie Lee. Both ...well, actually all 3 of them ... are phony, no-talent schmucks.

by Anonymousreply 315April 13, 2019 5:09 PM

Interesting.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 316April 13, 2019 10:58 PM

People talk about this guy's "light skin" as if police wouldn't treat him just like any other black if he weren't rich and famous. I know he's half jewish, he's still black to anyone who doesn't know him. He's a liar too.

by Anonymousreply 317April 13, 2019 11:12 PM

[quote]People talk about this guy's "light skin" as if police wouldn't treat him just like any other black if he weren't rich and famous.

I dont think anyone is debating that. His skin color is such a hot button issue, for black people especially, because it gave him an advantage as far as his career in Hollywood. And he still walks around with an objectionable attitude despite that.

by Anonymousreply 318April 13, 2019 11:53 PM

[quote]And he still walks around with an objectionable attitude despite that.

Everything about this nasty piece of shit is objectionable.

by Anonymousreply 319April 14, 2019 6:47 AM

Yeah. He “fought the fuck back” against this.

He’s unbelievable.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 320April 14, 2019 11:43 AM

So is his story that the brothers attacked him because he is gay?

by Anonymousreply 321April 14, 2019 4:32 PM

Unless there's been a new development, his lawyers haven't put out a cogent alternative story to the original, in which the brothers were instead a couple of white MAGA supporters who attacked him because he's black and gay. After the brothers were implicated and told their story, I'm not aware that Jussie and his team explained why these two guys he knew attacked him.

Did I miss something?

by Anonymousreply 322April 14, 2019 4:38 PM

I love it when the guy in charge of CWB's Twitter account feels bitchy

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 323April 14, 2019 4:48 PM

His lawyer said something about the brothers doing "white face" like they have done in the past.

by Anonymousreply 324April 14, 2019 4:56 PM

His career is over.

by Anonymousreply 325April 14, 2019 5:06 PM

Well, the "whiteface" suggestion was meant to explain why Jussie told the cops that two white men attacked him.

You just can't make this stuff up.

by Anonymousreply 326April 14, 2019 5:32 PM

It would be delicious if the brothers decided to sue him and his lawyer for publicly slandering them.

by Anonymousreply 327April 14, 2019 9:50 PM

I would imagine the brothers (or their lawyer, who's really done well for them) would see the value in letting sleeping dogs lie.

by Anonymousreply 328April 14, 2019 9:51 PM

r328 Good point, though I do agree with r327 about how delicious it would be.

We have to wait for the suit brought forth by the City of Chicago for reimbursement to get underway, and we are still waiting for the FBI to come down on their own charges for the letter. We need something to chew on while we are waiting!

by Anonymousreply 329April 14, 2019 10:13 PM

Whoa, what do you mean r328? Aren't those guys still in trouble? Or did they let them off too?

by Anonymousreply 330April 15, 2019 6:02 AM

Let them off for what, r330? No crime was committed; Smollett wasn't attacked. If the state's attorney dismissed charges against Smollett involving a "hoax," how could the brothers be in trouble for participating in a non-hoax (even though they concede that they did participate). Basically, the SA's actions have resulted in a nullity: legally, the hoax didn't happen.

If the feds charge Jussie for the threatening letter (a federal crime because it used an instrumentality of interstate commerce--the postal service) I suppose they could charge the brothers as well, but I expect they've already cut a deal on that one: non-prosecution in exchange for their cooperation.

by Anonymousreply 331April 15, 2019 12:28 PM

And people only really care to see Wussie go down anyway.

by Anonymousreply 332April 15, 2019 2:13 PM

Jussies been packing on the pounds

by Anonymousreply 333April 15, 2019 2:41 PM

He sure has, r333. Gettin a little portly.

by Anonymousreply 334April 15, 2019 2:45 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 335April 16, 2019 1:18 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 336April 16, 2019 1:38 AM

Oh shit! Why does anyone want to be famous these days?!?

by Anonymousreply 337April 16, 2019 2:28 AM

What else could Wussie do other than try to become famous. He has proven that he can't make it on intellect. He's a real ding dong.

by Anonymousreply 338April 16, 2019 2:55 AM

I can't believe this queen was out in broad daylight discussing his own tea. Who is Ryan?

by Anonymousreply 339April 16, 2019 4:12 AM

Oh r331, I thought they dropped the hoax charges and conceded that he was attacked, I thought everyone really thought these guys gay bashed him. Well, I guess that's good they aren't in trouble and that this legally never happened. So glad that there was much ado about nothing. I would be fucking furious if I were a crime victim in the period that everyone was just working on his shit.

by Anonymousreply 340April 16, 2019 5:18 AM

R340 Much ado (about hoaxing) still in the wings. Jussie is being sued by the City of Chicago, which means he will actually end up on trial anyway (yay!) The proof of his guilt for these charges to stick is much lower than in a "regular" trial, so he will very likely be found "legally" guilty. All because he wouldn't pay a painfully fair fine of 130k.

We are also waiting for the Fed charges re: the letter to drop. That Jussie really thinks he "got away with it", is fucking laughable. He is just as delusional as Lori and Mr. Lori. They should team up for a reality show together that no-one will watch. Pretty sure the brothers are safe, though I can't find hard proof. But if they indeed made/make a deal to be a witness for the prosecution, which they likely did/will do, they will be fine.

by Anonymousreply 341April 16, 2019 7:55 AM

Absent some sort of finding against Jussie, there's not much to charge the brothers with; if there's no crime, there can't be accomplices or accessories. In connection with the civil suit to collect the $130,000, I'm not sure the city can prevail without establishing that a hoax occurred; otherwise, how can they demonstrate that its time was wasted investigating a crime that didn't exist?

I'm not sure what the city's burden of proof is, other than a lower standard than for a crime. More likely than not? Weight of the evidence (51%?)? Even if the city meets its burden, Jussie isn't guilty under the law of the criminal offense. It's kind of like the civil damages case against OJ following the not-guilty verdict in the criminal trial. The plaintiffs prevailed civilly, but that finding didn't affect the criminal verdict. (or I'm misremembering the whole thing, which is possible).

by Anonymousreply 342April 16, 2019 11:59 AM

[quote](or I'm misremembering the whole thing, which is possible).

No, you’re not misremembering it.

by Anonymousreply 343April 16, 2019 3:09 PM

I look forward to the MSNBC interview in which former war hero Brian Williams and former celebrity Jussie Smollett discuss the impact of Fake News on US politics.

by Anonymousreply 344April 16, 2019 3:16 PM

r341 r342 et al, thanks, I am glad that at least the brothers won't be in any trouble.

by Anonymousreply 345April 16, 2019 4:21 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 346April 16, 2019 6:27 PM

Guess we know a little bit more about whoever “Ryan” was.

by Anonymousreply 347April 16, 2019 6:45 PM

Or not. It's the Daily Mail, after all.

And being "cut" from a production is one thing; never being cast is another. But I wouldn't trust the DM not to elide the two.

by Anonymousreply 348April 16, 2019 6:57 PM

The DailyMail does a great job of covering stories like this.

by Anonymousreply 349April 16, 2019 7:12 PM

I don't doubt it for a minute - and the call overheard in Hawaii to "Ryan" was very likely related. Boo hoo....

by Anonymousreply 350April 16, 2019 7:37 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 351April 17, 2019 7:08 AM

So Foxx is now trying to throw this asshole under the bus with her own faked. "I RECUSE MYSELF". An action that initially got her accolades, only to until we discovered she LIED. Drops ALL 16 charges for reasons that were never explained, and iit turns out she has a history of this behavior. What A. Dump

by Anonymousreply 352April 17, 2019 9:53 AM

[quote]—Start up the grease fires!

Stoking the flames as we speak.

by Anonymousreply 353April 17, 2019 12:03 PM

On the bright side, Jussie Smollett is three times more famous than he was last year, and his new career as a Hate Crime Hoax Artist is far more entertaining than his old one as an actor-singer.

Tell us again, Jussie, how you fought off the boxing champ and his bodybuilding brother without losing your sandwich. It never gets old.

by Anonymousreply 354April 17, 2019 12:20 PM

“A WASHED-UP CELEB who lied to cops..” Hahahahahaa love it.

She’s admitting he lied, e.g. staged a hoax. ADMITTED IT. Now it’s out there. I can’t decide what’s more delicious, that or the “washed-up” part.

One more nail in Jessie’s coffin.

by Anonymousreply 355April 17, 2019 4:07 PM

r346 and others: Deadline is confirming that Jussie is "no longer in the running" for a lead role in Take Me Out. A source close to the production confirmed that he read for the lead but that no casting decisions have been made--including any decision to cast Jussie.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 356April 17, 2019 4:58 PM

What am I missing? It sounds, again, like she did know he was full of shit and was asked to drop the charges by a higher up, so it wasn't her fault or her doing.

by Anonymousreply 357April 17, 2019 5:30 PM

r357 You are missing reading this thread and the linked articles.

R346 already reported that, but thanks r356 if there are any further tidbits in that article.

by Anonymousreply 358April 17, 2019 5:34 PM

It does sound like she thought he was over-charged, but the 16 counts came from the grand jury, not from the SA's office. She's not wrong that it looks bad, but since she was supposed to be "recused," she shouldn't have initiated or participated in any discussions about Smollett.

r346 reported that the Daily Mail said he'd been dropped from the cast. Deadline clarifies that he was never cast; he's been dropped from consideration. It's a significant difference.

by Anonymousreply 359April 17, 2019 5:37 PM

Thanks for the clarification on the casting r359

It's been reported that Foxx has a dodgy history when it comes to dropping charges as mentioned above. I really don't know why she doesn't completely recuse her ass in the form of a resignation.

by Anonymousreply 360April 17, 2019 5:44 PM

I can't stand the Daily Mail, but credit's where it's due, they're like a dog with a bone when they get their teeth into a story - I don't think they're going to let this Foxx/Smollett saga go, which is bad news for both of them.

by Anonymousreply 361April 17, 2019 5:49 PM

R361. True. Don't forget the CWB Chicago blog too. Here's the latest. They don't back down no matter what. Impressive.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 362April 17, 2019 5:54 PM

I can't imagine what the feds are waiting for. By this time they have to know whether they have enough to charge Smollett or not.

by Anonymousreply 363April 17, 2019 5:59 PM

r363 I am wondering too. Maybe they are letting him get really complacent. Long rope and all that.

by Anonymousreply 364April 17, 2019 6:01 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 365April 17, 2019 6:44 PM

[quote]It does sound like she thought he was over-charged, but the 16 counts came from the grand jury,

Grand Juries don’t decide what to charge or how many counts on their own. They are presented a case by the prosecutor and vote whether to indict or not on the charges presented.

by Anonymousreply 366April 17, 2019 7:06 PM

Interesting, r366. I didn't realize this. I thought I remembered reading that the SA sent fewer charges to the grand jury and the grand jury came up with the final number.

by Anonymousreply 367April 17, 2019 8:01 PM

Contributors to this thread seem to be Jussie experts. Can any of you explain why the FBI hasn't reported on the origin of the threatening letter after so many weeks ?

by Anonymousreply 368April 17, 2019 11:12 PM

Reported to who, r368? The public? What purpose would that serve for them? The FBI doesn’t ordinarily publicize their evidence, investigations or targets.

by Anonymousreply 369April 17, 2019 11:23 PM

r368 To torture us, apparently. I'm sick of waiting. I might DM our buddies at CWB and see if they know anything.

by Anonymousreply 370April 17, 2019 11:23 PM

[quote] Can any of you explain why the FBI hasn't reported on the origin of the threatening letter after so many weeks ?

heck, I'm still waiting on the FBI report for the Russian hacking of Joy Reid's twitter account.

by Anonymousreply 371April 17, 2019 11:29 PM

The FBI doesn't issue public explanations or otherwise report to the public. It's perfectly possible that they've investigated and closed their case already. Or not. And if they don't bring charges, the public has no right of access to the FBI's investigatory files compiled for law enforcement purposes--that's an exception to the Freedom of Information Act's mandate of public disclosure.

by Anonymousreply 372April 17, 2019 11:56 PM

R365 - man that photo makes Jussie look like he has PORKED out in just a few weeks!!! Oink, oink.

by Anonymousreply 373April 17, 2019 11:57 PM

stress eating?

by Anonymousreply 374April 17, 2019 11:58 PM

R 373 again - AND he is wearing black!!! So much for black being slimming.

by Anonymousreply 375April 18, 2019 12:03 AM

He looks so masculine

by Anonymousreply 376April 18, 2019 12:12 AM

[quote] The FBI doesn't issue public explanations or otherwise report to the public

They are under no obligation to do so but they have at times in the past issued a statement that an investigation is concluded and no charges are forthcoming.

But yes the investigative material is exempt from FOIA requests though it could be subpoened for other purposes.

See Brad Pitt, false allegations by baby mama and/or teenage son:

[quote] The FBI is not further pursuing an investigation into an allegation of child abuse against Brad Pitt, the agency announced on Tuesday. The FBI said it had conducted a review of the alleged incident and no charges will be filed. Pitt has been accused of abuse in an alleged altercation involving his son Maddox, 15, aboard a plane that landed in Los Angeles in September.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 377April 18, 2019 12:14 AM

re: the Letter I asked as a Canadian and not knowledgeable about the obligations of the FBI to report on investigations. I just assumed they would have to publicize their conclusions in a timely fashion and indicate whether charges are appropriate.

by Anonymousreply 378April 18, 2019 12:21 AM

No need to explain. It was a reasonable question, r378.

by Anonymousreply 379April 18, 2019 12:22 AM

Is there any consensus ? Is the investigation over or is there more if the offing ?

by Anonymousreply 380April 18, 2019 1:39 AM

whoops: meant to write "in the offing"

by Anonymousreply 381April 18, 2019 1:44 AM

The FBI should comment on cases on great national importance, like Jussie's case or when they reopened the case against Hillary.

by Anonymousreply 382April 18, 2019 2:00 AM

He looks 10-15 pounds heavier. Maybe he's trying to get thick so he can transition into gay black porn. Or bag one of them rich downlow athletes so they can pay his bills when those checks stop coming in. There is a demand out there for light skinned bottoms with phat asses!

by Anonymousreply 383April 18, 2019 2:17 AM

[quote]The FBI should comment on cases on great national importance, like Jussie's case

LOL. I hope you are joking, but given the IQ level in this thread, you're probably not.

by Anonymousreply 384April 18, 2019 5:45 PM

Why is Jussie such a smug cunt? Smoking a joint in Hawaii, really?! Fucking hell, he doesn't even have the decency to lay low.

by Anonymousreply 385April 18, 2019 6:15 PM

R384 I think Jessie brings enough smug to this thread as it is, we sure as fuck don't need yours. Be helpful, and/or be witty, but smug it up elsewhere.

by Anonymousreply 386April 18, 2019 6:31 PM

I'd call my response more sane than smug, lil dimwit at r386, but either way, you can't control what people post here and I will continue to post what I please.

by Anonymousreply 387April 18, 2019 6:34 PM

Chicago Tribune editorial on Kim Foxx:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 388April 18, 2019 6:53 PM

Foxx looks really ratchet for a professional woman. She needs a makeover ASAP.

by Anonymousreply 389April 18, 2019 8:06 PM

I don't post on these threads, but I loved this title so fucking much!

by Anonymousreply 390April 18, 2019 8:08 PM

It seems pretty clear that Foxx either really didn't recuse herself and she doesn't know what the word means.

by Anonymousreply 391April 18, 2019 8:12 PM

Hopefully the FBI will drop the hammer on Michelle Obama for obstructing justice in this case.

by Anonymousreply 392April 18, 2019 8:14 PM

Michelle is currently hiding out in France.

It's not her first visit there.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 393April 18, 2019 8:20 PM

That is one fat (not phat) ass.

by Anonymousreply 394April 18, 2019 8:25 PM

Michelle’s ass is three times as wide as those French women.

by Anonymousreply 395April 18, 2019 8:26 PM

The Michelle Obama obsessive and the no-life OP of these threads are both dumber than Jussie himself, which is quite an accomplishment.

by Anonymousreply 396April 18, 2019 8:31 PM

Got a response back from CWB: "still no word on the fed investigation"

At least hope lives, and they didn't say "forget it, it's OVAH!"

by Anonymousreply 397April 18, 2019 8:44 PM

Maybe Michelle got to the Feds

by Anonymousreply 398April 18, 2019 8:45 PM

It's highly unlikely that the fed investigation is ongoing or will result in any charges against Jussie. If he'd sent a threatening letter to someone else, sure, but they're not going to bother prosecuting him for sending a letter to himself.

by Anonymousreply 399April 18, 2019 8:50 PM

Fed charges that may or may not happen aside, he is still being sued by the City of Chicago, so we have that to look forward to.

Maybe he will end up like O.J. He got off (sort of) for one thing, and years later ended up in the clink for something unrelated.

by Anonymousreply 400April 18, 2019 9:04 PM

r391, it's been established--by Foxx herself--that she didn't properly recuse herself. She has referred to it as a "colloquial recusal" (which isn't a thing, but whatever) and apparently what she did was hand over the case to that guy on her senior staff and tried to behave herself, more or less. As we've seen from the texts and emails released yesterday, she didn't do a particularly good job of butting out.

An actual recusal would have required that the entire SA's office stand down and request a special counsel to conduct the case. That's how you avoid even the appearance of impropriety. This woman may mean well, but she's not very competent.

by Anonymousreply 401April 18, 2019 9:07 PM

R400 - that's what I think. But his career is surely over - at least for now. Maybe he will be kept by some wealthy benefactor

by Anonymousreply 402April 18, 2019 9:31 PM

Kamala Harris really fucked herself by hitching on to this nasty lying shitstain.

by Anonymousreply 403April 18, 2019 11:00 PM

Nobody but you associates Kamala Harris with him, OCD freak.

by Anonymousreply 404April 18, 2019 11:04 PM

I guess I'm an OCD freak, too.

by Anonymousreply 405April 18, 2019 11:39 PM

and Cory Booker.

by Anonymousreply 406April 19, 2019 5:06 AM

No doubt you are, r405.

by Anonymousreply 407April 19, 2019 5:31 AM

𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝒓𝒂𝒕𝒔 𝒂𝒓𝒆 𝒅𝒆𝒔𝒆𝒓𝒕𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒔𝒊𝒏𝒌𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝑭𝒐𝒙𝒙 𝒔𝒉𝒊𝒑

CHICAGO – Two ranking executives inside the Cook County State’s Attorney's Office have submitted their resignations — including State’s Attorney Kim Foxx’s chief ethics officer, April Perry, whom Foxx cited as the person who advised her to “recuse” herself from the Jussie Smollett case that has rocked the Chicago office, Fox News learned Thursday.

Mark Rotert, the director of the office's Conviction Integrity Unit, has also submitted his resignation, according to a Foxx spokesperson. Perry and Rotert are scheduled to work their last days on the job in May.

"While I feel lucky to have been able to spend the last 15 years of my career in public service, I am looking forward to my next endeavor in the private sector where I have the opportunity to continue to work toward increasing the safety of our community," Perry wrote in an April 15 letter obtained by Fox News via a Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) request.

by Anonymousreply 408April 19, 2019 6:50 AM

Wow. This is a serious vote of no confidence in Foxx's leadership and integrity.

by Anonymousreply 409April 19, 2019 12:57 PM

This is what happens when you put incompetent, affirmative-action hires in leadership positions.

by Anonymousreply 410April 19, 2019 1:19 PM

[quote]This is what happens when you put incompetent, affirmative-action hires in leadership positions.

She was elected to the office, you moron. While she may not have been a good choice, affirmative action had nothing to do with it.

by Anonymousreply 411April 19, 2019 2:26 PM

R411 you should go take a nap.

by Anonymousreply 412April 19, 2019 4:47 PM

Why should he, r412? He's absolutely right, and it's r410 who's the asshole.

by Anonymousreply 413April 19, 2019 5:45 PM

[quote]not r411, but sick of this race=baiting.

This thread is about Jussie Smollett, a racist black person who faked a hate crime for the purposes of race-baiting.

by Anonymousreply 414April 19, 2019 7:05 PM

Yes, r414. What's your point?

This was in response to an ignorant post about affirmative action--wrong on the facts and in all likelihood designed to appeal to the racists among us. Nothing to do with Smollett's crimes.

by Anonymousreply 415April 19, 2019 7:11 PM

There is a STANK in Chicago and it's not Jussie's over stretched mussy (which has its own unforgettable odor).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 416April 19, 2019 7:15 PM

Uh, r416, scroll on up to r408.

Maybe try, oh I don’t know, reading the FUCKING thread!

by Anonymousreply 417April 19, 2019 7:24 PM

FF r410!

by Anonymousreply 418April 19, 2019 7:45 PM

Affirmative Action is a huge plus for the American work force. It was designed to SEEK OUT those qualified job or school candidates who may not have normally applied for certain jobs or schools. Those who may not have had all the other background extras of other candidates due to past discrimination (internships, fancy schools, etc). It was never designed to put unqualified people in jobs or schools.

Has it gone awry in its implementation? Sure as do all programs and innovations in society. But it was and remains an invaluable tool in leveling the playing field for past racial disparities.

Having said that, Foxx was in the State's Attorney's Office for 12 years giving her a foothold into elected position. I have no idea if AA was used to hire when she came into the office or not. I will assume it was not. But still you can't say for sure that AA played no role in her election. There is formal AA and there is informal AA. Formal MAY have given her an in and informal may have helped her get elected.

by Anonymousreply 419April 19, 2019 9:15 PM

R417. Oh no, I did it to annoy you!!! Big hugz

by Anonymousreply 420April 19, 2019 9:16 PM

Hugs back atcha, Shaniqua at r420. I have to admit, you made me laugh. Nice.

by Anonymousreply 421April 19, 2019 9:20 PM

Another one leaves Foxx.

𝑲𝒊𝒎 𝑭𝒐𝒙𝒙 𝒊𝒔𝒔𝒖𝒆𝒔 𝒂 𝒔𝒕𝒂𝒕𝒆𝒎𝒆𝒏𝒕 𝒕𝒐 𝒔𝒂𝒚 𝒔𝒉𝒆 𝒘𝒐𝒏𝒕 𝒃𝒆 𝒔𝒂𝒚𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒂𝒏𝒚𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒈 - 𝒂𝒔 𝒂𝒏𝒐𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒓 𝒎𝒆𝒎𝒃𝒆𝒓 𝒐𝒇 𝒉𝒆𝒓 𝒕𝒆𝒂𝒎 𝒔𝒕𝒆𝒑𝒔 𝒅𝒐𝒘𝒏

The Cook County state's attorney says she won't comment further on the Jussie Smollett case in Chicago while another deputy from Kim Foxx's office announced she was stepping down as a county inspector general finishes his review of prosecutors' decision to drop charges against the Empire actor.

Kim Foxx said in a written statement Friday that she doesn't want any comments by her to interfere with the inspector general's work compiling 'reliable and accurate records' on the matter.

But she said Friday she would engage in 'a candid conversation' about the case only after the inspector general submits his findings.

Foxx requested the review.

Meanwhile, a third deputy from Foxx’s office is either out of the job or on their way out.

Kiera Ellis, who held the position of director of external affairs, abruptly left her position, the Cook County State's Attorney's Office confirmed to DailyMail.com on Friday.

There was no word as to whether Ellis was fired or she resigned.

Ellis first joined the office in October. She was reportedly on the job as recently as Thursday, according to the Chicago Tribune.

Perry was the officer who wrote a memo to the office announcing Foxx had recused herself from the Smollett case after it emerged she had exchanged text messages with a member of his family in the days after the incident.

Her email read: 'Please note that State's Attorney Kim Foxx is recused from the investigation involving victim Jussie Smollett. First Assistant State's Attorney Joe Magats is serving as the Acting State's Attorney for this matter.'

Foxx then handed the case over to her deputy Joe Magats and weeks later the 16 grand jury charges against Smollett were suddenly dropped.

But while she announced at the time that she was recusing herself, she has since said she meant it in a 'colloquial' sense rather than a 'legal sense' and that it was more an informal decision to 'step away from the decision making' rather than remove herself entirely from it.

And the release of thousands of texts and emails this week show Foxx continued to meddle in the case, calling the actor a 'washed up celeb who lied to cops' and telling Magats that the actor was being overcharged.

by Anonymousreply 422April 20, 2019 5:51 AM

This dumb cunt is potentially in for worse trouble than the dumb cunt we started these threads for.

Ben Bradley, who tweeted this latest development, needs to invest a few coins in getting that luggage under his eyes snipped.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 423April 20, 2019 11:11 AM

I work in NYC outside the entertainment industry, but I know a few people in the theatre, tv, and film world who all seem to have the same opinion that Jussie's career will be negatively impacted no matter what happens in Chicago. Two people I know have actually worked with him. He is considered a middle level talent who is no longer bankable. Apparently there are many other talented gay black men who can play any role that he would be considered for. His sociopathy will have more long term impact on his own career and he will eventually fade away, or at least that is what many people who have worked with him feel.

There are many talented black men in Hollywood (Chadwick Boseman for example) who will continue to grow in popularity with new roles. Jussie will be shut out of these opportunities.

by Anonymousreply 424April 20, 2019 11:35 AM

The rats are fleeing the Titanic.

by Anonymousreply 425April 20, 2019 11:44 AM

Even this dumb moron Foxx knew right away that Smollett was a “washed-up celeb who lied to cops”, yet Kamala Harris was totally bamboozled by him, even using his fake attack that stronger hate crime legislation was needed. Sorry, but Harris has poor judgment and is over.

by Anonymousreply 426April 20, 2019 11:48 AM

Shut up

by Anonymousreply 427April 20, 2019 1:19 PM

No, sorry R427. How is Kamala Harris supposed to be trusted to deal with Putin and Kim Jong Un when she totally fell for the lies of someone as stupid as Jussie Smollett??

by Anonymousreply 428April 20, 2019 1:49 PM

Kamala and Cory Booker.

by Anonymousreply 429April 20, 2019 1:52 PM

His brother wrote an op-ed for BET defending Jussie

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 430April 21, 2019 1:40 AM

JoJo Smollett can go fuck himself.

by Anonymousreply 431April 21, 2019 1:50 AM

A grown man calling himself JoJo? Please.

by Anonymousreply 432April 21, 2019 2:10 AM

Chicago law enforcement has been a collective disaster for many years. It is not limited to Foxx. This case seems like it was just a catalyst in years long saga of mismanagement.

Jussie really fucked himself up beyond repair with the Robin Roberts interview. If he hadn't had done that, he *might* have had a chance now, months later, to do an in depth interview and possibly explain himself post charges being dropped. But that opportunity is gone now, and he will just have to deal with the fallout. He makes really poor decisions for a man his age, and his arrogance sabotages him.

by Anonymousreply 433April 21, 2019 4:55 AM

Has the cast of The Big Bang Theory made another picture yet?

by Anonymousreply 434April 21, 2019 10:53 AM

Based on how JoJo looks - Jussie's brother - Jussie's headed for fat times without the discipline of being in front of a camera And he is well on his way based on the pic from Hawaii

by Anonymousreply 435April 21, 2019 1:18 PM

What is JoJo's claim to fame, apart from that ludicrous name?

by Anonymousreply 436April 21, 2019 3:01 PM

He’s fame-adjacent, r436.

by Anonymousreply 437April 21, 2019 5:19 PM

Yes, but does he do anything besides be the "big brother" to this odd family group? Since they're all adults, that shouldn't even be a part-time occupation.

by Anonymousreply 438April 21, 2019 7:05 PM

Most of the extended family live off govt. programs, like the parents did when Jussie was younger

by Anonymousreply 439April 21, 2019 7:51 PM

Is that true, r439? The three who aren't actors don't have jobs/careers?

by Anonymousreply 440April 21, 2019 7:54 PM

Of course r439 just made all that up.

by Anonymousreply 441April 21, 2019 8:52 PM

What are their careers then?

by Anonymousreply 442April 21, 2019 10:47 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 443April 23, 2019 4:15 AM

They threatened to lynch her! Crackers told her they would be waiting underneath the tunnel. with ropes and masks. But she has to wait till next winter, when its 4 below, if thats ok.

by Anonymousreply 444April 23, 2019 4:26 AM

Sunday, April 21, 2019 Blind Item #1

I kid you not. The family of the disgraced actor is trying to pitch a reality show where they investigate their family member and try and find the "answers." Sounds a whole lot like the OJ book thing.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 445April 23, 2019 5:51 AM

CWB's observation concerning the news posted by r443

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 446April 23, 2019 9:26 AM

I hope she doesn't get a craving for a Subway.....and a salad.....

by Anonymousreply 447April 23, 2019 3:17 PM

r447 You remembered me! *swoon*

by Anonymousreply 448April 23, 2019 3:19 PM

****BREAKING***** The Brothers have filed a defamation suit! Go Brothers!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 449April 23, 2019 3:22 PM

Full story here:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 450April 23, 2019 3:24 PM

Jussie is f'd now

by Anonymousreply 451April 23, 2019 3:24 PM

I predicted that back at R327.

by Anonymousreply 452April 23, 2019 3:24 PM

Yeah, but unfortunately they’re suing the lawyers, not him, so I doubt this will even get to the deposition stage. Even if it did, Jussie would be called as a witness, not a defendant.

by Anonymousreply 453April 23, 2019 3:35 PM

Watch out for that brick wall, Garagos! HAHAHAHA.

by Anonymousreply 454April 23, 2019 3:39 PM

R453 But just like with the suit the City of Chicago has nailed Jussie with, it's the fact that Jussie will have to testify on the stand, and admit under oath that he lied is the beauty of all of this.

by Anonymousreply 455April 23, 2019 3:42 PM

He will have to plead the 5th. He can’t be compelled to testify that he lied to police and therefore committed a crime.

by Anonymousreply 456April 23, 2019 3:47 PM

No, not at all, 455. In the Chicago case, yes, because that’s the very basis of the suit.

In this case, his lawyers are being sued for things they said. Jussie may not even need to testify to prove that A) the lawyers said what they said and B) those statements are demonstrably false and caused harm to Plaintiffs.

But again, this wouldn’t even get to this level. It’ll be settled probably before deposition.

by Anonymousreply 457April 23, 2019 3:49 PM

R456, I thought that also at first. But here’s the rub: Those charges have been dismissed with prejudice, so he cannot be tried for them, in my opinion, negating the protection of the Fifth.

by Anonymousreply 458April 23, 2019 3:51 PM

Good points all, but if he didn't settle with the City of Chicago, I can't see this getting settled before he may or may not be deposed either.

Interesting but long article about pleading the 5th in a civil case, and that it's not always the wisest move.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 459April 23, 2019 3:55 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!