Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

When you were a child, what were some clues that you might be gay?

I was fascinated by Wonder Woman and made a tiara and bullet bracelets out of aluminum foil. One day, in order to perfect her spin, I put a t-shirt on my head, tied it in a bun, and kept spinning until I could get the bun to come undone. The problem, I got dizzy and fell down and hit my head. My Mom came into the room and found me on the floor with aluminum foil on my wrists and a t-shirt on my head.

by Anonymousreply 496April 23, 2019 8:33 PM

I wanted a boy baby sitter in the worst way

by Anonymousreply 1March 27, 2019 2:01 PM

When I looked forward to daddy’s cock being in my mouth.

by Anonymousreply 2March 27, 2019 2:02 PM

In third grade, I opened the class bathroom where a little girl was doing her business. I said "Eeew!" to myself outloud as I closed the door.

by Anonymousreply 3March 27, 2019 2:14 PM

OP sounds like me.

by Anonymousreply 4March 27, 2019 2:14 PM

OP, I probably shouldn’t be laughing, but that’s hysterical!

Well done!

by Anonymousreply 5March 27, 2019 2:16 PM

I collected napkins.

by Anonymousreply 6March 27, 2019 2:22 PM

I was an 8 year old white boy obsessed with the movie Mahogany. I used to act it out in my room by myself.

by Anonymousreply 7March 27, 2019 2:23 PM

Op, I loved Wonder Woman too, far more than any of the male superheroes.

by Anonymousreply 8March 27, 2019 2:23 PM

I made Wonder Woman bracelets out of soup cans that I dug out of our trash. Cutting them with scissors made the seam jagged and dangerous, and I broke the scissors.

by Anonymousreply 9March 27, 2019 2:23 PM

I loved Wonder Woman too. And the Wizard of Oz. I wanted toys from the Sears Christmas catalogue girls section for Christmas. I saved my allowance and slowly bought all the Mego Oz dolls and I really begged my parents for the fold-out Emerald City play station. When it would come on TV it was the hugest deal for me.

I would wear a long towel on my head like it was long hair and walk around in my room like I was a celebrity on television, talking to myself. Sometimes I sat in front of a little table in front of a mirror and put on a "cooking TV show." I distinctly remember using plastic Easter eggs.

The clothes I always wanted (but never got) were like velour hot pants or a silver satin jacket. I wanted disco lights in my room at one point.

I acted incredibly effeminate. Looking at photos of myself as a child I'll admit I cringe a bit.

ALL the signs were there.

by Anonymousreply 10March 27, 2019 2:35 PM

I was fascinated by dresses and makeup. I also preferred She-Ra over He-Man.

by Anonymousreply 11March 27, 2019 2:35 PM

My female cousins were boy crazy and we’d look at their teen magazines with pix of Rob Lowe and other hotties of the day.

by Anonymousreply 12March 27, 2019 2:41 PM

Is this the sequel to the "Dialing A Phone With a Pencil" thread?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13March 27, 2019 2:48 PM

I screamed a lot. I had sisters, and my best neighborhood friend was a girl. People were always telling me, "Stop screaming like a little girl!".

I also had no interest in sports. And by age 6 or 7 the little boys were all getting nuts about sports, joining flag football, etc. I did not; I was over in a corner of the playground playacting with the girls.

My teacher recommended to my mom that I join Cub Scouts. I did and lasted a couple days. It was the same mean boys from school doing boring shit.

by Anonymousreply 14March 27, 2019 2:50 PM

I loved my little pony, JEM, SHE-RA, and ALL barbie dolls. At one point I was obsessed with Jasmine Guy. I thought she was so beautiful. Like OP, I put a t shirt on my head and was lipsynching for my life to one of her pop songs (I know, don't judge) and my dad walked into my room with my older brother. My dad looked and said, "what the fuck is this?" I ran under the desk in my room and just hid in shame. I don't remember how long I stayed there. haha. gay ass.

by Anonymousreply 15March 27, 2019 2:50 PM

I wanted to be Judy Garland for Halloween.

by Anonymousreply 16March 27, 2019 2:50 PM

I cried when pointy toed stilettos went out of style circa 1967 only to be replaced with ugly busy thick heeled square toed shoes with too many straps.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17March 27, 2019 2:54 PM

Mommie got mad when I tried her diaphragm and placed it n my anus. She threw it out and was fitted for another and I was told to never, ever touch her things again !!

by Anonymousreply 18March 27, 2019 2:56 PM

I was fascinated by how women on TV would always take their earring off before answering the phone. I thought that was the height of elegance.

by Anonymousreply 19March 27, 2019 3:00 PM

R19 = Original Recipe Donna

by Anonymousreply 20March 27, 2019 3:25 PM

I was a little boy and found some books in our collection that we inherited. One had Grecian statues of men that I found fascinating but didn't know why.

by Anonymousreply 21March 27, 2019 3:37 PM

R20 She was the only Donna who mattered, and look who she's married to in real life! Still as awesome and beautiful as she was in 1971 when she first appeared on "The Doctors".

I knew I was gay for sure in January of 1983 when I followed Anna onto "Another World" and got drag queen vibes from newbee Linda Dano as well.

I would have loved to have seen their production of "Mame"! (You can't get any gayer than that!)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22March 27, 2019 3:38 PM

I cut the crotch on a fabulous pair of 80's colorful print shorts, trying to make them into a miniskirt.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23March 27, 2019 3:41 PM

R23 Ethel's party pants! (And you thought you'd look better wearing a toaster!)

by Anonymousreply 24March 27, 2019 3:43 PM

I thought the incredibly sexy security guard at the bank was a policeman. He had a fish bowl of candy he'd pass out to the little ones and I thought he was soooo nice. One time he let me sit on his lap while my mom did her banking. I remember my head spinning and almost being out of breath as I sat on his big, beefy thighs. Mom would say, "You're like him don't you? I bet you want to be a policeman someday."

by Anonymousreply 25March 27, 2019 5:24 PM

R10 "I would wear a long towel on my head like it was long hair and walk around in my room like I was a celebrity on television, "

I wore a yellow towel and pretended I was Nancy Sinatra.

by Anonymousreply 26March 27, 2019 5:38 PM

I was a child in the late 70s, and I would take a turtleneck shirt with long sleeves and pretend it was long hair by slipping the turtleneck on my head and letting the long sleeves hang down over my shoulders. Then I would take a belt, put around my head like it was a tiara to look like Wonder Woman.

by Anonymousreply 27March 27, 2019 6:10 PM

At 8 I got so excited after watching “ Cinderella “- with Lesley-Ann Warren- my father thought there was something wrong me.

by Anonymousreply 28March 27, 2019 6:11 PM

As a pre-teen in the 60's, I would find all sorts of reasons to hang around in the men's locker room at the country club my parents belonged to. I would spy on the men in the shower. At that young age, the sight of a hairy, muscular chest would give me palpitations.

Around the same age, I had a major crush on the young handsome priest at our church. As much as I tried, I could not get him to take advantage of me.

by Anonymousreply 29March 27, 2019 6:25 PM

When I was about 7, I was in a thrift shop with my mom and saw an attractive yellow teacup for something like a dime, and then noticed that near it was a saucer that matched, only it was green. I bought them both, to my mom's puzzlement. Yes, they were Fiestaware®. No, I had no idea what Fiestaware® was. I now know. My collection now totals nearly 100 pieces. I guess gaydar extends to items as well as people. That cup and saucer practically screamed out for me to buy them.

by Anonymousreply 30March 27, 2019 6:27 PM

I was 7. I spent the entire morning helping my dad doing yard work. When finished, he decided to reward me by taking me to the local k-mart-type store where I could pick out my very first record album. It was the late 60s. What would i pick out? Would it be The Beatles? Beach Boys? Elvis? I knew exactly what I wanted and headed straight to the right bin.

JUDY LIVE AT CARNEGIE HALL!

When we got home, my dad said to my mom, "Uhh.... we might have a problem with our little boy...."

by Anonymousreply 31March 27, 2019 6:28 PM

At age 10 or 11, during Sunday dinner, by way of casual conversation, I stated to my family that I wanted to be Carmen Miranda when I grew up. You could have heard a pin drop. Actually, I was more fascinated with the name “Carmen Miranda” than I was with the person.

by Anonymousreply 32March 27, 2019 6:36 PM

I was 5 or 6 and totally infatuated with a tow-headed boy the same age. I wanted to be around him a lot and smiled every time I saw him. This lead to "I'll-show-you-mine-if-you-show-me-yours" about a year later. Only happened once. My family moved shortly afterward. Never saw him again.

by Anonymousreply 33March 27, 2019 6:44 PM

60s baby here. Interesting the many gaylings using a towel to substitute for long, flowing luxuriant hair. I too did this.

Also, starting at age 5, I played "Shoe salesman" with my mum. I would pretend to measure her foot, caress it a bit, and then go to her cupboard to suggest a shoe for her to purchase. I would then model said shoe for her, and then help her try them on. Inevitably I came down the stairs in all the high-heeled pumps first.

When I was six my mother was pregnant, and I included playing "Hairdresser" with her. I would back-comb and tease her hair, trying to make her look like one of the popular models of the time.

At age eight I was making pancakes from scratch for weekend breakfasts (granddad was a baker), but I don't necessarily see that in the same way as the Shoe Salesman and Hairdresser playtimes.

Funny, when I look back, that both these role-modelling behaviours were encouraged, yet my mum was shocked when I came out to her!

by Anonymousreply 34March 27, 2019 6:54 PM

Not sure but I think it was my overwhelming desire to suck cock.

by Anonymousreply 35March 27, 2019 7:01 PM

Anthony Recker

by Anonymousreply 36March 27, 2019 7:04 PM

This thread explains all the trans hatred on DL

Because most all of you would have been diagnosed with gender dysmorphia and been given breasts and puberty blockers.

by Anonymousreply 37March 27, 2019 7:08 PM

Even as a gayling I was mesmerized by man azz.

by Anonymousreply 38March 27, 2019 7:11 PM

Serious question, given today's environment-- do any of you budding Wonder Women and Nancy Sinatras wish that you had been given the opportunity to transition to women at a young age so that you'd be able to pass?

Do you think you'd have been happier being female and actually being able to have long hair and velour hot pants and the like?

by Anonymousreply 39March 27, 2019 7:16 PM

For some ungodly reason I still don't understand, I out of the blue told my uncle that I'd like to see Ponch's "tinkler and butt" when I was around 5. I was a big Erik Estrada fan and loved seeing him in his tight uniform pants on CHiPS. Rather than get rattled, Uncle Rick thought my remark was funny.

by Anonymousreply 40March 27, 2019 7:32 PM

At the age of 5 I knew I felt something strange and exciting any time I saw a grown man with his shirt off. I didn't know what it was, but I knew I liked it.

by Anonymousreply 41March 27, 2019 7:48 PM

I heard the song "My Boyfriend's Back" by the Angels and begged my mother to buy it for me. I wonder what they all thought as I put that thing into 24/7 rotation on my little record player. I hope one day that I would have a boyfriend who would stick up for me and fight my enemies just like in the record.

by Anonymousreply 42March 27, 2019 7:52 PM

When I was about 8 my mom walked in on me putting on her lipstick and mascara in the bathroom mirror. She looked at me and chuckled. The second time, not only did she not chuckle, she took me to a psychologist. I went to him for three years. Didn't work.

by Anonymousreply 43March 27, 2019 7:54 PM

My Christmas wish list, 1970's: Eight-track tape player & two cassettes, "Judith " by Judith Collins & "Songs For The New Depression" by Bette Midler.

My parents later had the nerve to claim they didn't know I was gay...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44March 27, 2019 8:14 PM

This thread is too funny. I love it. R39 You know, I used to think I would end up wanting that but decided I loved my dick and wanted to be a man at any costs. It was tough but I became one. That's why I think trans is a mental illness. You have to accept you are a man and learn to love it and understand it. And I did. I look back and cringe and am baffled at my mental illness that went on for far too long. I laugh too. I also regret all the guy bonding I missed growing up because I was afraid of men and felt uncomfortable around them because i thought they would figure me out. It's so funny, those days are long gone. Doing feminine things was only part of it. I had a lot of trauma and shame to overcome and it involved a lot of suffering but I'm so glad I did.

by Anonymousreply 45March 27, 2019 8:15 PM

[quote] Serious question, given today's environment-- do any of you budding Wonder Women and Nancy Sinatras wish that you had been given the opportunity to transition to women at a young age so that you'd be able to pass?

I am not anti-trans and think that is all nonsense. However, even though I loved to play Wonder Woman and was drawn to girly things, I never had any desire to be a girl. There was never any confusion or doubt that I was a boy and that I liked being a boy.

by Anonymousreply 46March 27, 2019 8:15 PM

As a '70s sissy kid who preferred watching TV to playing outside, I developed obsessions with certain shows early on.

I loved [italic]The Flying Nun,[/italic] which was still airing in reruns, and I decided I had to have Sister Bertrille's headdress. I was raised by my grandmother, a retired nurse, so I took her old cap, which was the next best thing, and tried running around the backyard and launching myself from our chainlink fence to see if I could get airborne.

I also loved [italic]I Dream of Jeannie[/italic] and wanted her bottle/bachelorette pad in the worst way. Decades later in my middle age, I learned that it wasn't a one-of-a-kind prop but a dressed-up limited-edition Jim Beam bottle. Occasionally I'm tempted to buy one online.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47March 27, 2019 8:26 PM

For a while when I was about 9, whenever I was in a photograph I would insist on looking back over my shoulder at the camera as if someone had just called my name and caught me off guard.

by Anonymousreply 48March 27, 2019 8:46 PM

I would stage the Miss Universe Pageant on our home staircase and I'd play all the contestants.

by Anonymousreply 49March 27, 2019 8:50 PM

I wet my towel at our pool and wore it like Cher’s hair. Whoa!

I identified with Mary Richards and Jaime Sommers, good girls of the 70s.

by Anonymousreply 50March 27, 2019 8:51 PM

I LOVE this thread because, in my mind, I still feel that I was a weird kid because I didn't do and like what all my other friends did.

I smile with complete understanding as you tell your stories. THANK YOU, DLers!

by Anonymousreply 51March 27, 2019 8:52 PM

[quote] That's why I think trans is a mental illness. You have to accept you are a man and learn to love it and understand it.

WTF?

by Anonymousreply 52March 27, 2019 8:53 PM

"Serious question, given today's environment-- do any of you budding Wonder Women and Nancy Sinatras wish that you had been given the opportunity to transition to women at a young age so that you'd be able to pass?"

"Nancy" here: Simple answer, no. I just remember that fascination at a young age. Attraction to men presented in my early teens. I also wanted to be like the men I was attracted to: built and masculine, so that was the direction I went in.

I didn't retain the stereotypical femme types as some. No interest in Barbra, Madonna, show tunes, etc. I liked to say that the only real gay thing about me was my desire to suck dick.

by Anonymousreply 53March 27, 2019 8:53 PM

You should all check the original dialing with a pencil thread linked above. It’s a DL legend with many stories like these.

by Anonymousreply 54March 27, 2019 8:54 PM

Yeah we do a thread like this every couple of years or so, sort of to refresh the Dialing With A Pencil thread.

by Anonymousreply 55March 27, 2019 8:55 PM

When I was about age 13 or 14, I developed this massive crush on the male cousin of my best friend. The cousin was somewhat older (maybe 16 or 17) and muscular. I had no idea why I was feeling the way I did. I thought that it was because he was nice to me. He was spending the summer with my friend so I'd see him alot.

I wrote him an anonymous love note (and, looking back, it was pretty graphic sexually) and it was written as if it was from a girl. I left the note on the stoop of the house.

In the attached house next door lived two elderly sisters. They were very welcoming and would have the kids of the block over every so often. Imagine my surprise when I went over one day and saw my note in their stack of letters. Somehow it got to the other house. I wonder what they thought as they read about what a girl apparently wanted to do with him.

by Anonymousreply 56March 27, 2019 9:03 PM

R56- the girls knew exactly who that letter was coming from. Your thirteen year-old ingenuity fooled no one. It would be interesting for you to contact one of those girls and see what went down, how they ended up with the letter.

But my bet is that they purposely let you notice they had it.

They seem cool.

by Anonymousreply 57March 27, 2019 9:28 PM

So many DL Queens wanted to be Wonder Woman didn't anyone want to be Diana Prince?

by Anonymousreply 58March 27, 2019 9:33 PM

r58 How about Princess Diana instead? Does that count?

by Anonymousreply 59March 27, 2019 9:39 PM

I loved riding with my parents and looking out the window at the hot tanned construction workers in their cutoffs, workbooks and no shirts.

by Anonymousreply 60March 27, 2019 9:40 PM

I was 11. 6th grade. All I could do was stare at Fred L.'s crotch. I had SUCH a crush--everything about him fascinated me. 8th grade. Steve. Same thing. One day I caught a glimpse of him in the shower. That was it. Signed, sealed, delivered.

by Anonymousreply 61March 27, 2019 9:53 PM

I didnt want to be a girl. I just wanted to play doctor with the boys. That worked up to the 7th grade. Then most of my friends got interested in girls.

My friend Skip was the exception. We continued to play doctor. The, his mother caught us playing with each other and we were outted.

by Anonymousreply 62March 27, 2019 10:17 PM

Wow. Literally every last one of us would be transgender today.

by Anonymousreply 63March 27, 2019 10:38 PM

Well, I wanted to be Olivia Newton-John when I was 9 years old. I’d put on a headband and belt out “Physical” to whoever would listen.

by Anonymousreply 64March 27, 2019 10:39 PM

I was 6 and saw two hot construction workers while I was sitting in the back seat and took all my clothes off. Yeah, I started whoredom early

by Anonymousreply 65March 27, 2019 10:43 PM

I don't know about gay guys being potentially transgender. I grew out of it pretty fast. After my mom caught me putting on her makeup and sent me to a shrink, I stopped doing it. Not because they wanted me to. I just lost interest and graduated to trying to get my cute friends to sleep over instead.

by Anonymousreply 66March 27, 2019 10:52 PM

I hated sports.

I loved fairy tales, among other types of literature. I not only collected Classics Illustrated comics, but also Classics Illustrated Junior, which was their fairy tale brand.

Someone upthread mentioned liking "My Boyfriend's Back" as a clue to his gayness. My first 45 was "I Will Follow Him," by Little Peggy March (prophetic, unfortunately). Next came Lesley Gore, then the Angels (I LOVED "My Boyfriend's Back"), and then the Phil Spector girl groups. 1963 was a very good year for popular music. I have long wondered where music would have gone if the British Invasion hadn't happened. I did love the Beach Boys, too, but I wouldn't discover them until Christmas.

by Anonymousreply 67March 27, 2019 11:02 PM

These stories are hilarious!

by Anonymousreply 68March 27, 2019 11:07 PM

One of the best things about the original Dialing the Phone With a Pencil thread is it wasn't packed with right-wing/Russbot trolls.

by Anonymousreply 69March 27, 2019 11:16 PM

I LOVE reading all of these storys! I see myself in so many of them and now im curious to read thread, as it has been mentioned so often. Tank you Datalounge

by Anonymousreply 70March 27, 2019 11:21 PM

R63: No we wouldn't. You're a bigot. Now sit down, shut up and fuck off.

As a kid, I always wanted to powder my nose with my grandmother's compact. She'd let me, lightly. And I also always helped her with laundry and vacuuming and all that. I was domestically inclined before age 10.

by Anonymousreply 71March 27, 2019 11:24 PM

My parents knew before I did, but were supportive. They even bought me a doll. I liked to wear my mom's high heels, but that was just a phase and never had a desire to cross-dress as I got older. Like several of you my best friends were girls. No sports for me, but I enjoyed cub scouts. The defining moment was when I liked to play with the neighbor boy and we would get naked. I continued to find opportunities to get naked with my young friends. There was no question that I was gay. Ever.

by Anonymousreply 72March 27, 2019 11:26 PM

"I collected napkins."

This is one of the sweetest posts I've ever seen on DL.

by Anonymousreply 73March 27, 2019 11:43 PM

No, R63, but most are bottoms, right?

by Anonymousreply 74March 27, 2019 11:44 PM

R72: See, I didn't have many friends as a kid, if any. And if I did, I wouldn't even know under what pretenses to have gotten naked with them. That aspect is fascinating to me because I never experienced that. You must of have been in the accelerated gayling program.

by Anonymousreply 75March 27, 2019 11:49 PM

Probably when I fell head over heels in love with Ricky Schroder as soon as [italic]Silver Spoons[/italic] went into syndicated reruns.

by Anonymousreply 76March 27, 2019 11:59 PM

I loved watching the marching bands in college football halftimes when I was young; a particular favorite was that of Ohio State and their spelling of 'Ohio' in script every weekend. I picked up the clarinet in 4th grade with the hope that I could one day make it into the Ohio State Marching Band. After one term I grew tired of the clarinet, and then became fixated on becoming a Drum Major. He wore a great costume, got TV screen time, and started out the line of the script 'Ohio'. I asked my parents if I could take twirling lessons to increase my chances of getting a college scholarship to be a drum major. I have no idea today if drum majors got scholarships, but 9yo me was convinced they did and would be my way to go to university.

My parents were supportive of my desire to get a college scholarship at age 9, but told me that I did not need to take twirling classes to go to college.

by Anonymousreply 77March 28, 2019 12:07 AM

I pretended I was Cher and acted out a video of "Gypsies,Gramps and Thieves" alone in the bathroom. Would play "Charlie's Angels" with my sister and a friend and would pout if I wasn't Farrah. Then I would insist that they recognize that I was wearing my hair like she did in "Logan's Run" and NOT as it was styled on CA. And no I never wanted to be a girl or wished I was one, so you can knock that shot right off.

by Anonymousreply 78March 28, 2019 12:17 AM

r67 Wow. I could've written every word of that. We must be about the same age (I was born in '52.)

by Anonymousreply 79March 28, 2019 12:23 AM

From age 5 and on I was a huge fan of the swim relay on Battle of the Network Allstars, specifically all of the guys in speedos! I asked for a "swimsuit like that" for Christmas and God love my parents, they got me a pair of yellow speedos that I strutted around in all summer! I don't even know where they found yellow speedos in Utah in December, but it was 1981 so it was a different time. Then around age 7 while bathing I discovered the pleasures to be had by sticking things up my butthole! To this day I still enjoy toys at bath time!

by Anonymousreply 80March 28, 2019 12:33 AM

R80: Dear Lord In Heaven!!

by Anonymousreply 81March 28, 2019 12:40 AM

R52 what don't you understand?

by Anonymousreply 82March 28, 2019 12:41 AM

I had a “free fucks stand” instead of a lemonade stand.

by Anonymousreply 83March 28, 2019 12:44 AM

In fifth grade we had to read a biography and do a “wax museum” presentation as the person (dress up like them, etc) and I picked Andrew Lloyd Webber. I can’t believe it took me a failed heterosexual marriage to realize I was gay.

by Anonymousreply 84March 28, 2019 12:46 AM

R79, I'm one year older.

by Anonymousreply 85March 28, 2019 12:51 AM

[quote]Wow. Literally every last one of us would be transgender today.

No, not at all. Just because I was spinning around like Wonder Woman, it doesn't mean I wanted to be a woman. I even somehow instinctual knew that I had to play these games in secret, and not to let adults see me and my fascination with dolls and Wonder Woman's bracelets. Playing pretend is not wanting to be a girl. By the time I was a teenager all of that went by the wayside. The only time I ever envied girls was post puberty and everyone started fucking and girls started getting the hot guys I wanted. So what I did was become friends with them and listened to their hookup stories.

It's not a phase you grow out of for transgender people.

by Anonymousreply 86March 28, 2019 12:53 AM

R56 what did you say in the letter?

by Anonymousreply 87March 28, 2019 12:54 AM

when I was 7 ide lay on the couch pinching my tittys to the sound of uncle alvins voice....

by Anonymousreply 88March 28, 2019 1:01 AM

I must have been 4 or 5 and my father bought the obc of Guys and Dolls for my mother. I began for some reason I know not why to listen to it obsessively. I even liked More I Cannot Give You. To this day decades later it is one of the few Broadway scores I still love while most of them I never need to hear again.

by Anonymousreply 89March 28, 2019 1:01 AM

Concerned Up-The-Butt-At-Bathtime Team Mom: R81 you just made my night!

by Anonymousreply 90March 28, 2019 1:04 AM

So, we're saying that all the stereotypes are true, that gay is about being effeminate?

by Anonymousreply 91March 28, 2019 1:07 AM

While at the kitchen table doing my homework around 8 I mindlessly stuck a thick jumbo pencil in my ass... it felt interesting.

by Anonymousreply 92March 28, 2019 1:10 AM

This one time . . . at band camp.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 93March 28, 2019 1:19 AM

Wasn't it Rock Hudson who said gays have a little girl inside named Debbie and we have to constantly hold her back.

by Anonymousreply 94March 28, 2019 1:21 AM

R37, That's the problem with today's push to tans kids. Should wait until their 18 in almost all cases. Very common for some straight, bi, as well as gay very young children to enjoy non-stereotypical forms of play.

Next-door-neighbor said she always preferred her train set to feminine dolls. Grew up to be an art professor. Other little girls wanted to play sports with their brothers. Nothing wrong with it.

by Anonymousreply 95March 28, 2019 1:22 AM

R73 I just hope somewhere out there there was a little boy who collected napkin rings and he grew up to find napkin boy and they lived happily ever after.

by Anonymousreply 96March 28, 2019 1:23 AM

Forget Laurie. Couldn't take my eyes off Keith.

by Anonymousreply 97March 28, 2019 1:24 AM

How come no one in my family appreciated how well i could redecorate Barbie's Dream House, but they all thought it was so cute that my female cousin could tear a lawn mower apart and rebuild it with her bare hands?

by Anonymousreply 98March 28, 2019 1:38 AM

What R86 and you other elders forget is that you grew up in an era where being gay was shameful and your parents and family would not have been accepting, let alone the other kids at school, so subconsciously you made a decision to not be Cher or a cheerleader or Wonder Woman.

But in 2019, your parents would likely be cool with it, think it was just you expressing yourself, they'd be okay with you calling yourself Xie or They and you'd be encouraged to become your true female self.

by Anonymousreply 99March 28, 2019 1:39 AM

Is R99 parody?

by Anonymousreply 100March 28, 2019 1:42 AM

No R100.

Most of the posters on this thread, were they living in upper middle class liberal homes in 2019, would be taking puberty blockers and their parents would eagerly be anticipating their new lives as their true female selves.

What rock are you living under?

by Anonymousreply 101March 28, 2019 1:44 AM

I fantasized about kissing Donny Osmond while listening to his song "One Bad Apple".

by Anonymousreply 102March 28, 2019 1:48 AM

R77 - I had a friend who was USC’s Tommy Trojan - he indeed got a scholarship.

by Anonymousreply 103March 28, 2019 1:49 AM

My favorite car in Wacky Races

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 104March 28, 2019 2:06 AM

My favorite Flintstones episode

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 105March 28, 2019 2:08 AM

Anyone here who came of age after 1990?

by Anonymousreply 106March 28, 2019 2:08 AM

I wanted to be Sonja Henie! Would make my own skating skirts from my grandmother's slips. I'd pose sans skates but with gloves on and I'd twirl.

by Anonymousreply 107March 28, 2019 2:36 AM

I love that damned episode R105. Thanks for posting it. The Boulderettes!!!!

by Anonymousreply 108March 28, 2019 2:37 AM

[quote]...made a tiara and bullet bracelets out of aluminum foil.

Ah, shiny foil. The fantasy crafting material of gaylings worldwide since who-knows-when.

by Anonymousreply 109March 28, 2019 2:42 AM

I enjoyed playing equally with GI Joes (he was such a hot alpha) and Tippy Tumbles a toddler baby doll that did forward and backward roll somersaults. My amazingly homophobic dad was shockingly nonjudgmental about it.

by Anonymousreply 110March 28, 2019 3:01 AM

R101: God, you're full of shit. All you anti-trans bigots are fantasists. And since this thread has nothing to do with trans issues, GET THE FUCK OUT!!

by Anonymousreply 111March 28, 2019 3:08 AM

R98: Girls can wear jeans, cut their hair short, wear shirts and boots, because it's ok to be a boy. But to like (and act) like a girl, is degrading, because you think that being a girl is degrading. But secretly, you'd love to know what it's like, would you? What it feels like for a girl...

Madonna sang about this 20 years ago...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 112March 28, 2019 3:12 AM

When I was a baby and child I would stick anything up my butt that fit. And I mean anything.

by Anonymousreply 113March 28, 2019 3:20 AM

R112 should be hanged for bad taste. There is never any reason to post songs by that old cuntbag.

by Anonymousreply 114March 28, 2019 3:21 AM

R114: WRONG! The answer is it's a very good reason.

by Anonymousreply 115March 28, 2019 3:27 AM

R115 needs to go in front of a firing squad. She's cuckoo for ole cuntbags.

by Anonymousreply 116March 28, 2019 3:28 AM

When I was around 6 y.o. I was in love/lust with an older cousin (by 7 years) and would hop up in his lap when he was sitting down and play with his titties and grab his dick thru his jeans, giggling and having the BEST time, while he's trying to act nonchalant and slapping my hands away. Understand, this is at Grandma's house while everyone's sitting around watching the spectacle. I didn't care.

by Anonymousreply 117March 28, 2019 3:46 AM

R117 has a self-lubing anus, so she is the best bottom. Ask her cousin.

by Anonymousreply 118March 28, 2019 3:48 AM

Damn, some of you bitches started ho'ing right out of the birth canal.

by Anonymousreply 119March 28, 2019 3:51 AM

I did a FULL CAVITY strip search on my GI JOE doll.

by Anonymousreply 120March 28, 2019 3:53 AM

(R19) I hope you're talking about Angela Bower.

by Anonymousreply 121March 28, 2019 4:01 AM

In second grade, I showed the first 5 positions of ballet for Show and Tell. Then the school kids ostracized me for the next 5 years.

by Anonymousreply 122March 28, 2019 4:13 AM

Well, there a few I can think of right off the bat.

Foot racing with my friends when I was 7 with my hands tuned to the side and extended in front of me like an ax because I'd seen Susan Anton run that way in the movie "Golden Girl" on the NBC Sunday Night Movie.

Wearing a blue terry headband to Easter services when I was 8 because I loved ONJ's style.

When I was 11 taking lessons in how to lasso from a local, old time rodeo cowboy who thought I wanted to learn how to rope cattle when what he DIDN'T know was that I was ACTUALLY obsessed with Lynda Carter and Wonder Woman reruns.

by Anonymousreply 123March 28, 2019 4:21 AM

I just remembered a particularly embarrassing one.

Being 8 or 9 and singing "Hot Stuff" by Donna Summer at the top of my lungs while walking down a side street. Some teenagers in their backyard overheard me and started laughing. I was mortified.

by Anonymousreply 124March 28, 2019 4:32 AM

r121 Angela [italic]who[/italic]?

by Anonymousreply 125March 28, 2019 6:46 AM

Flew around the house in my mom’s satin bathrobe because I was Storm, Mistress of the Elements!

by Anonymousreply 126March 28, 2019 6:53 AM

Him!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 127March 28, 2019 9:41 AM

[quote]([R19]) I hope you're talking about Angela Bower.

It was a move popularized by clunky workplace clip-on earrings of the 80’s and the entire roster of career soap divas, from Lauren Fenmore to Ashley Abbott, from Jill Abbot to Alexis Morrell Carrington Colby Dexter Rowan, ALL did it. Bonus points if their careers were non glamorous, like doctor or college professor.

by Anonymousreply 128March 28, 2019 9:49 AM

fags are a hoot!

by Anonymousreply 129March 28, 2019 10:58 AM

Batman. But more than that, Batman's bulge! I remember we were going to the mall to "meet" Batman and all I could think about was his bulge. There's a photograph of me and Batman and I am literally staring at his crotch. I was about 5 years old.

by Anonymousreply 130March 28, 2019 11:17 AM

Not seeing the “axe hands” on Miss Susan Anton, r123.

Maybe you got that from watching female gymnasts - don’t they run like that on the way to the vault?

In any case...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 131March 28, 2019 11:23 AM

R112 That quote is from Ian McEwan's The Cement Garden. The sample is from the film of the same name, spoken by Charlotte Gainsbourg. It's not Madonna.

Madonna wrote the song around that quotation.

by Anonymousreply 132March 28, 2019 11:30 AM

I love to watch wrestling on TV, in the early days the cameramen were not discrete and you got to see a lot of crotch shots of muscular men in their tight speedos. Sometimes you could see some of them get hard when they were down on the mat.

by Anonymousreply 133March 28, 2019 11:31 AM

[quote]Not seeing the “axe hands” on Miss Susan Anton, [R123].

She starts running like that later in the film as her training technique improves. More like a robot with super efficiency. I thought it looked so cool.

by Anonymousreply 134March 28, 2019 12:33 PM

When I was 5 or 6 I would perform spontaneous, interpretive dances to Gershwin's "Rhapsody in Blue" in the living room for my parents.

They were so wonderful. Every time they would just sit and watch for the entire piece and applaud at the end. They told me they loved my energy.

by Anonymousreply 135March 28, 2019 12:41 PM

Having amassed a collection of movie musicals on videotape and disc from every decade since sound film was invented by the time I was a teenager.

by Anonymousreply 136March 28, 2019 12:47 PM

R31 I laughed out loud at that recollection.

Similarly, when I was about 12 a neighbor kid injured himself and his mother rushed him to the emergency room. On their way out the door, she called and asked me to keep an eye on her younger son. No big deal, we watched cartoons all afternoon. When they got home, she was so grateful, she gave me $5. I immediately got on my bike and rode down to the little record store in the strip mall and bought HELLO DOLLY, with Pearl Bailey.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 137March 28, 2019 1:35 PM

When we were about 8 or so my, best friend and I would imitate Marilyn Monroe (Or Ginger from Gilligan's Island). We got really good at it..we both would make anything said sound like a Blonde Bombshell. He's straight.

by Anonymousreply 138March 28, 2019 3:03 PM

R31 it reminded me of the first LP I purchased, Ella Fitzgerald Sings Cole Porter instead of a Beatles album.

by Anonymousreply 139March 28, 2019 3:46 PM

R139, that’s a fantastic album.

by Anonymousreply 140March 28, 2019 4:44 PM

You guys are just ridiculous. I enjoyed and did most of these things, too. And I am DEFINITELY not gay!

by Anonymousreply 141March 28, 2019 4:57 PM

I used to put on shows using the front porch of my Mom's antique shop as a stage. I'd put an album on the inside stereo as my backing track and sing with all the greats - Judy, Lena,, Patsy, Marlene - but my "go-to" performance piece was singing along to "Je m'appelle Barbra." I didn't speak French.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 142March 28, 2019 4:59 PM

I used to ask my mom to get me panty liners.

by Anonymousreply 143March 28, 2019 5:00 PM

Putting on my grandmother wiglets. I thought they were so glamorous.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 144March 28, 2019 5:27 PM

I have a vague recollection of being attracted to one of the black hosts on Sesame Street or Electric Company and wanting to see his dick.

Then my swim teacher got naked with us in the showers and I was smitten. I was about 8.

by Anonymousreply 145March 28, 2019 5:31 PM

I was in summer camp and we were all talking to one of the cute counselors whose name was Gil. I asked him what his last name was and he said "Horn." My next question: Can I blow your horn? (!!) I was 9. He gave me a smile and opened his legs a little wider. I about died.

by Anonymousreply 146March 28, 2019 5:38 PM

R145 - the OG Gordon on Sesame Street was hot. I was into him when I was 8 or 9 because my kid sister watched the show.

by Anonymousreply 147March 28, 2019 5:39 PM

Pasted link in the wrong spot - dohhh

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 148March 28, 2019 5:40 PM

I used to take the clothing off my Ken and my GI Joe and rub them together. When I would put them away, they went in the box naked and on top of each other. Barbie had to stay in another box. Absolute truth.

by Anonymousreply 149March 28, 2019 6:02 PM

^^^That is hilarious

by Anonymousreply 150March 28, 2019 6:05 PM

There was a guy in 9th grade who was smokin' hot. He had a 5 o'clock shadow, hairy chest, and a big bubble butt. I think he was a year ahead of me. I'd stare at him in class and swoon. If I passed him in the hall it felt like I was at the top of a ferris wheel.

by Anonymousreply 151March 28, 2019 6:07 PM

R151 - there were 3 brothers like that in my HS; the two younger ones were identical twins - they all must have started shaving in 6th or 7th grade. By freshman year the older brother looked about 19 or 20 - heavy beard, hairy chest & beefy muscles, with a cocky attitude and an ugly handsome face. The twins were less hairy but much better looking - with huge pecs and arms. One twin was douchey like the older brother, but the other was quiet and in my after school art class - he wore the tightest t-shirts & it was very hard for me not to stare.

by Anonymousreply 152March 28, 2019 6:23 PM

Am I the only one who spent my days cycling and buying candy and not discovering sex until after puberty?

by Anonymousreply 153March 29, 2019 1:09 AM

When I was in high school and if I ever saw a teen boy with chest hair or facial hair it was too much to take. Hot hot hot. I didn't start growing body hair until I was 27! wtf! A full beard didn't come until I was 29.

by Anonymousreply 154March 29, 2019 3:32 AM

I could have written r154.

by Anonymousreply 155March 29, 2019 7:06 AM

Being turned on by men.

by Anonymousreply 156March 29, 2019 7:07 AM

I liked look at nude men and used to hang around the swimming pool change rooms.

by Anonymousreply 157March 29, 2019 7:29 AM

I had a crush on my 5-year-old cousin when I was 4.

by Anonymousreply 158March 29, 2019 7:34 AM

I played hockey but was fascinated by the figure skaters. I stayed after practice to watch what they did, and though I never tried myself I became good at identifying all the jumps and spins. My teammates thought I was interested in the girls!

by Anonymousreply 159March 29, 2019 8:03 AM

I was obsessed with Xanadu. We couldn't afford a video player so I would go around to my brothers house when he was at work, climb through a window and watch my copy of Xanadu on his video player. Then I'd pack up and leave before he got home. When Olivia's "Physical" album video came out I used to do the same thing.

by Anonymousreply 160March 29, 2019 8:21 AM

I used to lie on my back in the bathtub with the water hitting my anus at about 10. I knew I was gay and a bottom.

by Anonymousreply 161March 29, 2019 8:24 AM

At the local public pool, I wrapped my beach towel around myself, and imagined I was a damsel in distress on the Poseidon Adventure. My BF still calls me a 'damsel in distress'.

by Anonymousreply 162March 29, 2019 8:58 AM

R161 will let anything in the universe hit her anus.

by Anonymousreply 163March 29, 2019 9:16 AM

I hated sports until I discovered Ice Skating. I managed to fine a loophole in the high school PE program to do off campus sports as long as it was signed off by an adult. Although, looking back, I probably missed out on a lot of locker room activity. Back then, everyone was required to shower after PE, and they were not private showers like they have today.

To be honest, I put in about 20 hours or more a week on the ice. Way more than the 5 hours of PE I would have done if I stuck with the school program. My legs were shredded with muscle and it gave me a skaters butt AKA bubble butt for days. People always grabbing my ass. Sadly, I haven't skated in decades. I still keep the blades up on a shelf for memories.

by Anonymousreply 164March 29, 2019 10:07 AM

Teenage me used to think Timothy Goebel was cute. It was cathartic when I found out he was a real gay bull. I also wanted the Hamm gymnast twins to spitroast me.

by Anonymousreply 165March 29, 2019 10:57 AM

For you R165, Timothy was the first person to ever land a quadruple salchow in a competition. When I was young, a triple was considered almost unobtainable by most serious skaters. Its just very difficult to jump that high without any kind of boost and spin that many times in the air before you hit the ground. All on a blade on ice no less.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 166March 29, 2019 11:06 AM

[quote]I still keep the blades up on a shelf for memories.

That’s good, dear. They’ll be handy when it’s time to end it all.

by Anonymousreply 167March 29, 2019 11:55 AM

When I realized there was show on Broadway called Hello Dolly. I didn't even know what Broadway was, what a Broadway musical was or who Carol Channing was. This was a year after it opened and had already seeped itself into the public consciousness through the title song alone. I knew this was some sort of cultural milestone in the history of the world and the world would never be the same again and it hasn't.

by Anonymousreply 168March 29, 2019 12:07 PM

R168,I was about 8 years old when Mary Martin came to my town for a week in the National Tour of "Hello, Dolly!" Like you, I didn't know really what it was. But the Louis Armstrong recording was everywhere and Mary Martin was Peter Pan and I knew I just had to get there for "Hello, Dolly!," whatever it was. I staged a week long campaign of distress and manipulation and pleading... all to no avail. The week after the show left, I was distraught.s

It turned out not to be entirely in vain. The following year, Florence Henderson came to town in an outdoor stock production of "The Sound of Music" and that time... I got there!

by Anonymousreply 169March 29, 2019 12:17 PM

Very early on I would wear my dad's large t-shirts like a dress and run around in the backyard much to the horror of my older brother and his friends. I once also begged my mom to curl my hair so I looked like this kid in my class that had tight curls,she tried pin-curls but it didn't work and I remember crying about it.

When I was a young teen I had a paper route and I would bike past a house that had a camper like the one pictured and dream that my best friend and i would live in it and just drive around the West and kiss all night. And I am a GAY MAN not a lesbian!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 170March 29, 2019 12:22 PM

^^^ Did she play one of the Nazis?

by Anonymousreply 171March 29, 2019 12:22 PM

[quote]Very early on I would wear my dad's large t-shirts like a dress and run around in the backyard much to the horror of my older brother and his friends. I once also begged my mom to curl my hair so I looked like this kid in my class that had tight curls,she tried pin-curls but it didn't work and I remember crying about it.

Today, you would be taken to the nearest gender clinic and "reassigned". No questions asked.

by Anonymousreply 172March 29, 2019 1:27 PM

R160 I wish I knew you as a kid. We would have been best friends. We would watch Xanadu and sing “Physical” together!

by Anonymousreply 173March 29, 2019 1:31 PM

[quote]Today, you would be taken to the nearest gender clinic and "reassigned". No questions asked.

And they wonder why we want nothing to do with them.

by Anonymousreply 174March 29, 2019 2:36 PM

Like you R47, TV shows in reruns were an inkling. it was "Bewitched" for me. Thoroughly delighted with the current thread on Elizabeth Montgomery.

And I loved "Batman." Friends would say that they loved Batgirl in her tight costume. But for me it was Batman, whose costume wasn't tight enough. I loved it when when he and Robin were in peril in a trap. Just loved when any handsome hero type was in peril on TV or the movies. The probably led to an interest later in life with non-vanilla sex.

I was obsessed with "The Wizard of Oz," and I waited with eager anticipation when they would show it on TV. I loved Broadway shows.

At 13, I fell for my tennis coach. He was 23, 6'3", so handsome...and he looked so great in his tennis shorts.

by Anonymousreply 175March 29, 2019 3:20 PM

When I was around 12 my parents took me to see Hello Dolly with Carol Channing the big finale where she decends the staircase dressed in red and the entire cast sings Hello Dolly blew me away. I still remember it today.

by Anonymousreply 176March 29, 2019 4:42 PM

Very good, R16!

While still in elementary school, I raided my mother's closet and for Halloween was Phyllis Diller.

by Anonymousreply 177March 29, 2019 5:15 PM

Hey R167 - I would ask what crawled up your ass and died but it’s obvious that nothing has been up your ass for a very long time.

Try being less of a needless cunt - you may actually be happier. If not, at least the rest of us will be.

by Anonymousreply 178March 29, 2019 5:20 PM

R178, You can post something like that after literally passing the homepage where it says “pointless bitchery,” and clicking “Join the bitchfest” to come in?

Are you new?

by Anonymousreply 179March 29, 2019 5:34 PM

There’s a difference between a “pointless bitchfest” which implies humor and wit and is therefore enjoyable - and just being the turd in the punch bowl during a thread that has lots of people telling fun, relatable stories about their lusty babygaydom.

by Anonymousreply 180March 29, 2019 5:52 PM

Eh. tomato / tumahto

by Anonymousreply 181March 29, 2019 5:59 PM

R172: Get off this thread bigot.

by Anonymousreply 182March 29, 2019 6:55 PM

When I presented hole in kindergarten.

by Anonymousreply 183March 29, 2019 7:18 PM

[quote]When I presented hole in kindergarten.

You go, gurl! I'm sure the rest of the class did something boring for Show and Tell.

by Anonymousreply 184March 29, 2019 10:35 PM

I just remember, my maternal grandfather had books about art and I remember visiting their house, passing through and coming across this picture, at about age 11 or so and just being mesmerized by it. The bare butt obviously, but the whole picture, a tasteful naked boy, just captured my imagination and steered something in me. I just wanted to stare at this scene. The cat in the painting is just an extra bonus, because I love cats.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 185March 30, 2019 5:53 PM

At the ripe age of 5 or 6 I asked for a Barbie Motorhome for Christmas and Santa brought it to me. I like playing Barbies with neighbor girls and had a young boy fascination with RVs and campers that has lasted until today. Thankfully my parents didn't take me to have my dick cut off.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 186March 30, 2019 6:01 PM

I had a deep crush on Mr. Clean

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 187March 30, 2019 6:39 PM

[quote]At the ripe age of 5 or 6 I asked for a Barbie Motorhome for Christmas and Santa brought it to me.

That was really more of a sign of your "White Trash" future.

by Anonymousreply 188March 30, 2019 6:40 PM

When I was 6, my friend next door said she wanted to play a game. She would go into the closet, I would count to 10, open the door, and she would have her pants down. After the game was over, I asked her if she knew any boys who like to play this game.

Plus, my favorite show was Charlie's Angels, favorite superheroes were Wonder Woman and Batgirl, and for reasons I couldn't understand, really loved the episode of Dukes of Hazzard where Bo and Luke were running around naked.

by Anonymousreply 189March 30, 2019 6:50 PM

I pretended to run a Christmas Hotel for cartoon and comic strip characters. I would take phone reservations from Wilma Flintstone and the Family Circus mom. Book all the rooms then plan seating charts for dinner and plan events.

by Anonymousreply 190March 30, 2019 7:07 PM

R190 — Are you sure you're not Stewie Griffin? I can just see him doing that.

by Anonymousreply 191March 31, 2019 12:19 AM

When I was 12, all the other boys were out playing football, baseball. I was growing african violets by my bedroom window.

by Anonymousreply 192March 31, 2019 12:24 AM

I had to have a pair of hiking boots because I thought Laura Dern's in Jurassic Park were fabulous.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 193March 31, 2019 12:34 AM

When I couldn’t stop staring at the men’s underwear section of the JC Penney catalog.

by Anonymousreply 194March 31, 2019 1:29 AM

For R189 enjoy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 195March 31, 2019 2:09 AM

I am shocked, SHOCKED, that Sam Jones as Flash Gordon hasn't been mentioned yet.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 196March 31, 2019 2:18 AM

Nobody has mentioned the art of quilling yet.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 197March 31, 2019 3:02 AM

I kept trying to kiss my best male friend as a child. Also, a lot of dry humping through wrestling.

by Anonymousreply 198March 31, 2019 3:05 AM

R197 sorry that was meant for the 60s and 70s craft thread, but t in fact works here to. Other boys were out playing baseball and football and I was inside with my quilling needle making art.

by Anonymousreply 199March 31, 2019 3:08 AM

When other boys were reading comic books I was reading the theater grosses in Variety. No No Nanette SRO 98K.

by Anonymousreply 200March 31, 2019 3:13 AM

John Schneider’s pants are visible in the supposed nude scene.

by Anonymousreply 201March 31, 2019 3:26 AM

One Christmas my sister received the "Charlie's Angels" Beauty Hair Care Set as a gift. I was green with envy! I wanted one of my own. I used to sneak into her room and play with it whenever she wasn't home.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 202March 31, 2019 3:36 AM

You are all obviously trans.

by Anonymousreply 203March 31, 2019 3:55 AM

R203, Are boys who are musically super talented and not at all into playing physical sports also trans? Would 100% of all girls who enjoyed field hockey trans?

R203, Plenty of very straight men are metro-sexual (like my BF who taught himself to play the piano, and has always had an excellent sense of style for his model type body.)

by Anonymousreply 204March 31, 2019 4:01 AM

April was my favorite Ninja Turtle. I LOVED Paige Turco in the second and third movies but was SO over Judith Hoag in the first.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 205March 31, 2019 4:13 AM

R204 I think r203 was being facetious by implying that these days all these posters would be considered trans. Which is bullshit of course. Not one of these posters has said they identified as the opposite gender which of course is necessary in order to be considered trans rather than gay.

by Anonymousreply 206March 31, 2019 4:15 AM

R203, REAL trans tape down their growing breasts if they're girls, and try to hide or hurt their genitals if they're boys. They view their sexual equipment as a hindrance, a defect, like a too long fingernail that needs to be cut off so that they can function properly.

by Anonymousreply 207March 31, 2019 4:15 AM

If only penises and teeth just kept growing like fingernails.

by Anonymousreply 208March 31, 2019 4:17 AM

Having a penis is a privilege. Vaginas require too much maintenance. I've never had to see a specialist for penis odor.

by Anonymousreply 209March 31, 2019 4:20 AM

Well then you haven’t seen enough penises r209.

by Anonymousreply 210March 31, 2019 4:38 AM

I fell in love with Tammy Grimes in "The Unsinkable Molly Brown" in 1961 when I was 14. I started talking like her and sticking out my chin and singing "I Ain't Down Yet". Imagined I had red, teased hair too. Did 7th grade book reports on "Around the World with Auntie Mame" by Patrick Dennis and "Cindy and I" by Joey Adams--yes! that Cindy Adams. Had my great aunt Ethel read to me (I was very lazy) Mae West's autobiography "Goodness Had Nothing To Do With It". She was embarrassed reading the chapter entitled "Sex, More Sex and the Cooler".

by Anonymousreply 211March 31, 2019 5:06 AM

I loved playing with my cousin’s fashion plates and looking at her magazines, like Bop, that had pictures of teenage heart throbs of the day.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 212March 31, 2019 5:33 AM

I wore the bed comforter to play Gone with the Wind.

by Anonymousreply 213March 31, 2019 6:08 AM

When I was 10 my parents sent me and my brother into the mens changing room at to local pool to put on our bathing suits. I was blown away at the sight of all the naked men I wanted to stay and see everyone but my parents were waiting outside and I had to leave. That vision has stayed with me.

by Anonymousreply 214March 31, 2019 11:49 AM

When I grew up, I wanted to be Barbra Streisand.

by Anonymousreply 215March 31, 2019 11:51 AM

Clue #1 : I announced, at age 7, that I was going to marry my best (male) friend.

Clue #2 : I was obsessed with dark-haired, hairy chested men, mustaches preferred, plz.

Clue #3 : I was obsessed with this V V V V

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 216March 31, 2019 12:08 PM

When I would stay at my friends houses I always used to sneak into their mother's bedroom/ensuite and try all their expensive skin care. I can still remember sliding back the mirrored bathroom cabinet and seeing a full range of Estee Lauder's Swiss Age Controlling Skincare. I was thrilled out of my mind! She even had the Eyezone Repair Gel!

Just in case you're wondering, I use Olay now and whatever else is on sale. Lauder stuff no longer seems special to me.

by Anonymousreply 217March 31, 2019 12:14 PM

What did you do, R217, if you peeked and only found Maybelline?

by Anonymousreply 218March 31, 2019 12:21 PM

I saw LAWRENCE OF ARABIA and demanded my parents make me a keffiyeh, the Arabian headdress Peter O'Toole wore in the movie. I remember wearing it and running around the long-gone S. Klein's department store parking lot in Woodbridge, NJ, reenacting the scene where he admires himself in the reflection of his dagger.

by Anonymousreply 219March 31, 2019 12:31 PM

I wanted to douche really bad.

by Anonymousreply 220March 31, 2019 12:34 PM

When I was growing up I performed Mame more times in the family living room than The Fantasticks ever played off Broadway. This was before Cats. I was the epitome of chic coquettishness and brazen exuberance combined and unlike Lucy I had youth.

by Anonymousreply 221March 31, 2019 12:47 PM

R220 = Cheryl

Somewhere along the way she lost all desire to douche

by Anonymousreply 222March 31, 2019 12:47 PM

These all sound like, "A Transgender Childhood In Flyoverland".

by Anonymousreply 223March 31, 2019 1:03 PM

So the T would have you think, r223. As for me, I was just gay.

by Anonymousreply 224March 31, 2019 1:06 PM

When I was about 8 years old my mother had my brother and I do needlepoint. It certainly didn't go against my grain to do that. I enjoyed it. My grandmother however did not think it was appropriate for boys do do needlepoint.

by Anonymousreply 225March 31, 2019 1:08 PM

I loved the Barbie isle in Toys R Us.

by Anonymousreply 226March 31, 2019 1:09 PM

Hello Dolly? Jesus Christ a lot of you old bitches are older than dirt!

by Anonymousreply 227March 31, 2019 1:11 PM

I concur r227. but you know we will be there one day too (time goes so fast).

by Anonymousreply 228March 31, 2019 1:12 PM

If you're lucky, R227, you will also be older than dirt one day.

Don't think of us as old. Think of us as extremely lucky.

by Anonymousreply 229March 31, 2019 1:14 PM

I'm still not sure if I think getting old is lucky. If I'm old in age but still feel energetic and healthy, then I'll consider myself lucky.

by Anonymousreply 230March 31, 2019 1:17 PM

McCain's mother is still alive and she's 105 years old. That's older than that LIZARD -Mick Jagger!

by Anonymousreply 231March 31, 2019 1:17 PM

She's older than that TURTLE - Mitch McConnell!

by Anonymousreply 232March 31, 2019 1:22 PM

I'm old. It doesn't make me feel lucky. My health is not good.

by Anonymousreply 233March 31, 2019 1:25 PM

R233-What issues do you have?

by Anonymousreply 234March 31, 2019 1:27 PM

I drank water out of my mom's douche bag hanging in the bathtub. I used the nozzle like a straw.

by Anonymousreply 235March 31, 2019 1:30 PM

R223, At 5, my previous hairdresser told his mother he could roll her hair better than she could. The same with pin curls. She gave him the job after he proved he was right.

DL previous posters, Were any of your parents, family members, or their close friends very creative and/or artistic? You sure must have grown up in super liberal households for them to allow you to express yourself as you chose. Recall boys who preferred to play the piano instead of playing outdoor, physical sports got really picked on, sadly.

by Anonymousreply 236March 31, 2019 1:35 PM

I was not picked on. Later in life, I had it explained to me by one of the kids I grew up with that I was one of two kids in the neighborhood who were considered "special," because we were the smartest kids on the block.

by Anonymousreply 237March 31, 2019 1:37 PM

R10 wins the thread.

by Anonymousreply 238March 31, 2019 1:49 PM

"Were any of your parents, family members, or their close friends very creative and/or artistic? You sure must have grown up in super liberal households for them to allow you to express yourself as you chose?"

Not in the least. In fact, quite the opposite. My parents were fearful, Roman Catholic, Central European immigrants with an us-against-them ghetto mentality once they settled in the US. Culture (via my artistic sensibility) was a buffer and their way of keeping-up-with the-joneses. If I didn't acquit myself in their eyes, it reflected badly on THEM, which I deeply resented. But I managed to forge my own path despite them.

by Anonymousreply 239March 31, 2019 2:53 PM

A lot of the people in this thread were more feminine as children than any girl I know. I don't know too many girls who loved wearing dresses or obsessed over hair care sets. Some of you do sound like you could pass as trans.

by Anonymousreply 240March 31, 2019 2:56 PM

And this thread is now done. When the anti-trans bigots show up to make shit up like the retard above, the thread is finished.

by Anonymousreply 241March 31, 2019 3:01 PM

Growing up in the boondocks in the 60s and 70s, but still managing to become obsessed with movie magazines, Judy, Barbra, Cher, Liza, Bette, Miss Ross, all the usual suspects.

by Anonymousreply 242March 31, 2019 3:02 PM

Because calling transwomen feminine is bigoted?

by Anonymousreply 243March 31, 2019 3:06 PM

R241 The trans troll is looking for .like minded individuals, he/she is definitely trans.

by Anonymousreply 244March 31, 2019 3:06 PM

R241, you are so funny. R240 sounds like a pro-trans bigot.

This was so much easier a few years ago, when everyone understood that "trans troll" referred to people who are pro-trans.

by Anonymousreply 245March 31, 2019 3:20 PM

Isnt it WEHT?

I find Ondine more interesting personally...

by Anonymousreply 246March 31, 2019 4:01 PM

[quote]Isnt it WEHT?

Not here.

by Anonymousreply 247March 31, 2019 4:03 PM

I guess I don't get what is so hard to understand. Trans people feel like they are in the wrong body. I've read stories where many are repulsed by the genitalia they were born with and want it gone. There is nothing trans about any of these stories. I liked playing with girls, but I didn't want to be one. Liking Woman Woman and Batgirl and playing with dolls are kitschy fun memories to discuss on a message board, but you eventually grew out of all of that stuff. And as puberty set in, you begin to realize just how much fun it is to be a boy.

by Anonymousreply 248March 31, 2019 4:05 PM

I didn't need clues. I knew before I even understood what the difference was between boys and girls.

by Anonymousreply 249March 31, 2019 4:08 PM

Had a thing for men's feet. I was 4 and used to follow footprints in the sand on the beach, with a warm feeling in my belly. If it turned out that the footprints had been made by a woman, I would go stone cold and jump out of them. Didn't know what it was all about back then, but definitely not learned behaviour.

by Anonymousreply 250March 31, 2019 4:10 PM

[quote]Isn't it WEHT?

[quote]Not here.

Here we twist it into "What Hever Eappened To...?"

by Anonymousreply 251March 31, 2019 4:18 PM

What The Hell Ever Happened To ...?

What the Hell Ever happened To ...?

WHET?

It makes no sense, but it's what DL insists on.

by Anonymousreply 252March 31, 2019 4:26 PM

We need a DL dictionary for newbies

Porn is Pron

WEHT is WHET

Etc, etc, etc

by Anonymousreply 253March 31, 2019 4:35 PM

Sorry for derailing this was meant for the WHET Viva thread.

But thank you for clarifying the acronym issue for me!

by Anonymousreply 254March 31, 2019 4:35 PM

Shorter R241: shut up faggot and cut your dick off

by Anonymousreply 255March 31, 2019 4:39 PM

Liking boys makes you a girl.

by Anonymousreply 256March 31, 2019 4:40 PM

[quote]Having a penis is a privilege. Vaginas require too much maintenance. I've never had to see a specialist for penis odor.

Should I consider transitioning?

by Anonymousreply 257March 31, 2019 5:46 PM

By age ten, or eleven I had an unusual appreciation for The Merv Griffin Show.

by Anonymousreply 258March 31, 2019 5:47 PM

Like the others, I liked playing girl games, but this was possibly due to the fact that my sister and I were isolated expat kids in rural Africa up till the age of about 8. We attended a local convent school and we would both dress up like nuns by putting towels on our heads for wimples, which made my dad mad since he was very anti-religion, but he never actually tried to stop me or interest me in more manly stuff. I never developed an interest in sports or other boy games even after we returned to America, but I definately never wanted to be female. If anything, the female body repulsed me from the very start. I can’t imagine transitioning simply because of one stage in my life which I quickly outgrew and never looked back upon except as an internal cringe.

by Anonymousreply 259March 31, 2019 7:00 PM

R257: You should consider a feminine hygiene spray. In your case, an industrial strength one. The hole in the ozone layer will be worth it not to have to smell your hole.

by Anonymousreply 260March 31, 2019 7:12 PM

When the other little boys were outside playing football we were in our room listening to show tunes and Judy Garland records.

by Anonymousreply 261March 31, 2019 7:22 PM

R261, give me a frame of reference. What is your age?

by Anonymousreply 262March 31, 2019 7:48 PM

So what that tranny that said "a lot of gay men are only gay as a consolation price for not being women". And that constant hate of women and the obsessive talk of them. Well, i am a masculine straight(ish) guy and am putting all of this together. For you women at here, do not get angry at many of these envious gay men because they hate what you are and have "womb envy". Seriously. Also, not all gay men are effeminate but a lot are of a varying degree. Not all straight men hate women like not all gay men hate women but they have different reasons. The former could be that they feel that their power is being reduced and the latter because of envy. Just stating an opinion and this is not necessarily a fact

by Anonymousreply 263March 31, 2019 8:13 PM

As a child we believed that homosexuals were that way because they were too ugly to get a fish. Then we saw that it was just the opposite, that many were so hot that they did not want a fish!

by Anonymousreply 264March 31, 2019 8:23 PM

In middle school I was collecting Partridge Family records... in the year 2000. My sixth grade girlfriend's mother, who was a teacher at our school gave me a few of hers, orignal promotional shopping bag included. I was very non threatening.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 265March 31, 2019 8:31 PM

I remember little kids (kids even younger than I was and I was young) asking me if I was a girl. I looked nothing like a girl but I guess I was such a sissy that that was the only way they could express their puzzlement. Man, that one always stung a bit.

by Anonymousreply 266March 31, 2019 8:31 PM

When I was 7 a waitress in a restaurant referred to me as a she. I made her work extra hard by asking her to bring me shit. No tip!

by Anonymousreply 267March 31, 2019 8:38 PM

When we were 11 fish would call us nelly. That is why we hate fish to this day!

by Anonymousreply 268March 31, 2019 8:40 PM

R265 “I Think I Love You”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 269March 31, 2019 8:52 PM

Well I didn't have the classic signs of being a gay kid. Not of course unless playing with a neighbor qualifies. The basement had become essentially my lair.

by Anonymousreply 270March 31, 2019 9:16 PM

R263, wrong thread?

by Anonymousreply 271March 31, 2019 9:17 PM

(R271) no, but it is related to it. Moreover, a study in the 80's followed a couple of children until adulthood amd they found: 90% of the gay boys were gender non-conforming as children while 90% of straight boys were. So i guess the gay men have to look for those 10% of gay men who were born masculine. This is why you see some gay men here commenting that they never experienced any "girly" events as children. Similiar non-conforming gender behaviors with lesbians but i did not bother to search much for them because they are not interesting and not something i can get a chance with if you understand. Anyways, i have nothinf bad against effeminate gays and thing they are something i can and will want to know as i explore this new sexuality in have in my mid 20's. Please take no offense to this and sorry if it hurt.

by Anonymousreply 272March 31, 2019 10:07 PM

Thanks R195 I was also intrigued by Gregory Harrison stepping out of the shower in the credits of "Trapper John" and when Hawkeye and BJ would be showering next to each other on M*A*S*H.

by Anonymousreply 273April 1, 2019 11:33 AM

I don't know, Barbie dolls are as big as ever and girls are as much into princesses as they ever were, meeting Mr Right is still a thing and having a pretty dress for occasions and a fabulous wedding are a thing. Where is the person above speaking from that they claim this is a gay boy thing? Women use attractiveness and sex as power like always and the #metoo movement will shortly become irrelevant. You can't change human nature. Sex and money are the only things that matter in life. Until you lose your health. Well for most people.

by Anonymousreply 274April 1, 2019 12:08 PM

R274 Jordan Peterson is that you?

by Anonymousreply 275April 1, 2019 1:05 PM

I had to look him up. No I'm not. You'd really have to be dim not to realize this is how it is. I mean if you are an idiot righteous agenda driven millennial you need to mature and be like oh now I get it.

by Anonymousreply 276April 1, 2019 1:09 PM

I liked to piss sitting down on the toilet.

by Anonymousreply 277April 1, 2019 2:02 PM

There were several more before this, but I remember being in my best friend's family room watching MTV and acting out a flawless impersonation of Madonna in the Material Girl video in front of the television, and my best friend telling me to stop it because "my mother might walk in, and she already doesn't like you." The implication being, of course, that she thought I was a little fag. I was highly insulted, but chose not to say- Are you kidding? Everyone is school thinks YOU'RE gay!!! (Which they did. I flew under the radar in school until my senior year because I was very shy.)

by Anonymousreply 278April 1, 2019 3:27 PM

^^^ So was he?

by Anonymousreply 279April 1, 2019 3:53 PM

[quote]I liked to piss sitting down on the toilet.

I like to do this as an adult. So much neater, and my bladder empties more completely. It occurred to me to start doing it when I quit drinking.

by Anonymousreply 280April 1, 2019 4:02 PM

Had the same male babysitter for 4years. My dad was a big work out guy and we had a lot of gym equipment in the basement. He would come over and workout. I was 10 he was 14. I would sit in the basement and watch him work out in gym shorts and shirtless. I used to pray for my parents to go out so I could see him.

by Anonymousreply 281April 1, 2019 4:16 PM

Did he ever let you...spot him, r281?

by Anonymousreply 282April 1, 2019 4:17 PM

Did any of you posting the lovely stories here ever just start wearing girl clothes?

Like your parents acknowledging and going along with your choice?

I’m terrified that my 4 year old nephew is going down that path. Don’t hate, but I know if that’s the case my brothers’ family life will be turned upside down.

by Anonymousreply 283April 1, 2019 4:34 PM

[quote]I’m terrified that my 4 year old nephew is going down that path.

Four year olds have no idea of the difference in gendered clothes. If it’s got a cartoon character on it that they like, they want it. Doesn’t matter if the character is on a dress, a girl’s top or a boy’s pajama set. They only see the cartoon.

by Anonymousreply 284April 1, 2019 4:51 PM

my brother's friends used me as a cmmm dump,,,everyday after school.:)

by Anonymousreply 285April 1, 2019 4:54 PM

r285 same here

by Anonymousreply 286April 1, 2019 4:58 PM

I wanted the Easy Bake Oven a girl down the street had gotten for a present.

by Anonymousreply 287April 1, 2019 5:05 PM

Another sign was my attraction to my Adventure People Scuba man who I named Christopher after actor Christoper George who I thought it looked like.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 288April 1, 2019 5:06 PM

When told to go out to play, I'd go to the school yard, and when not sitting on the swings, would take note of all the guys' hairy armpits as they played basketball and paddle ball.

by Anonymousreply 289April 1, 2019 5:08 PM

I usually had my girl friends than boys (didn't like sports that much), and when we didn't have toys, taught some boys how to play charades.

by Anonymousreply 290April 1, 2019 5:16 PM

had "more" girl

by Anonymousreply 291April 1, 2019 5:16 PM

Half of you belong in a thread called, what were some clues that you might be a cross dresser.

by Anonymousreply 292April 1, 2019 5:17 PM

So many gay men want to be female. It’s pathetic.

by Anonymousreply 293April 1, 2019 5:18 PM

When I was five, I wrote to the Louvre requesting that they glue some arms on the Venus de Milo. I thought it was sloppy of them to let her be out in public looking like that.

When I was a little older, I wrote to the Queen to ask for an autograph but received a letter back from one of her ladies-in-waiting informing me that One didn't give autographs. She was nice about it, though, and I was happy enough to have something "royal."

by Anonymousreply 294April 1, 2019 5:18 PM

This is why the Trans movement is gaining traction. Gay people want to be the opposite sex

by Anonymousreply 295April 1, 2019 5:19 PM

I grew out of it, r295. You'll recall the headline started "When you were a child."

by Anonymousreply 296April 1, 2019 5:21 PM

Fuck off flamer!

by Anonymousreply 297April 1, 2019 5:22 PM

We would give permanents to our sister's barbie dolls and then the hair would fall out.

Our sister was the first fish we hated!

by Anonymousreply 298April 1, 2019 6:06 PM

I would stare at naked men in the locker room after swim lessons at the Y.

by Anonymousreply 299April 1, 2019 6:15 PM

R299 was it fun to stay at the YMCA?

by Anonymousreply 300April 1, 2019 6:35 PM

We were 'getting busy' in the T rooms in the upstairs part of the Y when we were 13!

by Anonymousreply 301April 1, 2019 6:51 PM

I burst into tears when Catwoman fell into that chasm in that cave when watching the Batman TV reruns in the seventies.

by Anonymousreply 302April 1, 2019 7:16 PM

I would sneak into our family driver's room and sniff his used underwear.

by Anonymousreply 303April 1, 2019 7:39 PM

R295 ever wonder why 4% of the whole thai population is trans?

by Anonymousreply 304April 1, 2019 7:56 PM

R296 i doubt you much did. I just do not believe that you can just switch like that. Just like i cannot become fem since i never had those traits. My role models were and are still men. Maybe that has to do with me not being a gay man ( i am a straight(ish) guy), whom most have transgender like behaviour. What i do believe is that many gay boys get out of that phase on wanting to be a girl while some do not amd take it further. Not saying that all gay boys are or were girly but that 80's study that showed that 90% of all the gay men showed "gender non-conforming" is something. Like i have said in my previous posts: "Nothing wrong with being a fem gay boy". Fakeness is a ugly trait for sure; I hope more of those fem gay guys can be treated better by society and be welcomed more easily.

by Anonymousreply 305April 1, 2019 8:09 PM

[quote]Maybe that has to do with me not being a gay man ( i am a straight(ish) guy), whom most have transgender like behaviour.

Oh, dear!

[quote]that 80's study

Oh, DEAR!

[quote]Fakeness is a ugly trait for sure

Oh, DEAR, DEAR!!

by Anonymousreply 306April 1, 2019 8:21 PM

(R306) Ok. LOL you cannot beat the effeminate gay boy humor. I very much enjoy your stuff. Keep it up

by Anonymousreply 307April 1, 2019 8:45 PM

Hugs r307.

by Anonymousreply 308April 1, 2019 8:48 PM

When I was 6 or so, I thought I sang ‘Somewhere Over The Rainbow’ so much better than Judy that the director would have me do that song in the movie when they made it every year. I thought they had to remake it every year before they showed it in TV.

I was always domesticity-inclined and when I was 9 or so, my grandmother was letting me ice a chocolate cake she’d just baked and, while I was engrossed in what I was doing, she looked at me and said, “One day son, you’ll grow up and make some man an excellent wife.” She knew what was in store.

by Anonymousreply 309April 1, 2019 9:13 PM

(R308) no problem, love.

by Anonymousreply 310April 1, 2019 9:19 PM

[quote]I thought they had to remake it every year before they showed it in TV.

Isn’t it amazing what we thought as kids? We had a thread on this type of thing recently.

by Anonymousreply 311April 1, 2019 9:30 PM

I sucked every boys cock that I could.

by Anonymousreply 312April 1, 2019 9:34 PM

[quote] ^^^ So was he?

I don't know. I obviously knew from that it was nothing I could ever discuss with him and we lost touch after high school. But he was obsessed with nighttime soaps, hated sports, had a very effeminate voice and manner, didn't date, and was very pop culture savvy. And even more than that, I just knew.

In hindsight I realized his mother must have been concerned about his own effeminacy and was not thrilled he was friends with me as opposed to some douchebro football player. I'm sure she told herself that if only her sone didn't hang around with me, he'd be more masculine. And I was always considered a bad influence among the other parents because of my family. They were very loose and permissive with me and treated me like an adult (I'm an only child). After a certain (fairly young) age I had no structured bedtime, I was allowed to see R rated movies (my mom used to buy tickets for all of us to the R rated movie and leave us there, until someone's mom found out and ruined it for all my friends). In short, I was allowed to come and go as I pleased because my parents knew I was mature enough to handle it and I wouldn't abuse the privilege which I rarely did.

I remember once coming home very very late on a Friday night when I was 16 and my mother going apeshit on me. And I very calmly told her- you're a little too late to start playing mother with me! Now if THAT wasn't a sign I was gay, I don't know what was!

by Anonymousreply 313April 1, 2019 9:56 PM

Two song stories - one from me and one from my brother who was also gay, but no longer here to post.

In 1972 my favorite song as a 7 year old was I am Woman, by Helen Reddy, which I would walk around the house belting, “I am woman, hear my roar in numbers to big to ignore.” I remember being overwhelmed when she won the Grammy award for best female pop vocalist the next year and that being one of my first exposure to award shows, which became a big part of my young gay life. My father was not happy.

My brother was five years older, and throughout the 1970s would tell anyone he could that he sung Somewhere Over the Rainbow so beautifully that he was asked to sing it at Judy Garlands funeral when he was nine. There must have been a follow up story to how my patents didn’t let him, but I don’t remember that part.

And finally, much younger, we both got toy razors for Christmas and we both pretended to shave our legs and not our faces.

by Anonymousreply 314April 2, 2019 2:33 AM

I loved Cher... (very original, I know...)

by Anonymousreply 315April 2, 2019 2:41 AM

All of them.

by Anonymousreply 316April 2, 2019 2:59 AM

Kept inserting the weeble wobbles

by Anonymousreply 317April 2, 2019 3:05 AM

"Mo longer here to post." Awww, r314.

by Anonymousreply 318April 2, 2019 3:47 AM

I'm wondering if the desire to imitate beautiful young women had anything to do with the fact that subconsciously you already knew you would one day compete with them for masculine men. Or was it that in that era women were encouraged to be much more sexual and were far often center stage while most men were generally taking a back seat.

by Anonymousreply 319April 2, 2019 4:20 AM

I’d always be peach in Mario Kart.

by Anonymousreply 320April 2, 2019 4:22 AM

The mentality of true trans is very different then gaylings imitating the best traits of women in the media. None of the previous posters talked about taping up their penises under their skirts, insisting on wearing girly, frilly, lacy panties, going to sleep with taped on pads for breasts.

There are adult straight, bi, and gay cross dressers who love their dicks. Do those who go to adult parties dressed as cartoon animals or real ones actually want to still have that identity 24/7? Extremely few outside of playtime.

by Anonymousreply 321April 2, 2019 4:25 AM

I used to choreograph dance moves for me and my siblings to perform at home.

by Anonymousreply 322April 2, 2019 4:26 AM

Oh and mime to Hey Big Spender while prancing around the living room.

by Anonymousreply 323April 2, 2019 4:28 AM

I used to direct plays on our side porch. I cast the kids in the neighborhood. I used my Classics Illustrated comic books as scripts. I was somewhere between 5 and 10 years old.

by Anonymousreply 324April 2, 2019 4:29 AM

I loved the poster on another Thread who told about, as a gayling, doing an exact imitation of the Lucille Ball dancing puppet in the opening credits to the "Here's Lucy" show...

And later, he precisely imitated all of Doris's moves, including her high fashion show poses, during the opening credits of "The Doris Day Show".

He said his mother went to bed in tears on that particular Monday night.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 325April 2, 2019 4:37 AM

[quote]anything to do with the fact that subconsciously you already knew you would one day compete with them for masculine men

Playing for different teams. Competing for different players.

by Anonymousreply 326April 2, 2019 8:06 AM

Just found r322 and his friends.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 327April 2, 2019 1:00 PM

[quote]I remember being overwhelmed when she won the Grammy award

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 328April 2, 2019 1:03 PM

[quote]I remember once coming home very very late on a Friday night when I was 16 and my mother going apeshit on me. And I very calmly told her- you're a little too late to start playing mother with me! Now if THAT wasn't a sign I was gay, I don't know what was!

That was very Diana Fairgate of you. LOL

by Anonymousreply 329April 2, 2019 1:05 PM

I'd hid my cock between my legs and pose as a woman in front of the mirror - something I imagine every gay & straight child for that matter has done.

by Anonymousreply 330April 2, 2019 1:06 PM

Not me, r330.

by Anonymousreply 331April 2, 2019 1:11 PM

I can remember as a little boy thinking that hairy men were kind of gross - my dad was pretty smooth so that was what I was used to seeing.

Then around 6th grade hairy guys sudddnly became very intriguing. Hmmmmmm...

by Anonymousreply 332April 2, 2019 5:04 PM

[quote]I can remember as a little boy thinking that hairy men were kind of gross - my dad was pretty smooth so that was what I was used to seeing.

Same here, except my father wore a hair suit when naked. I used to get so depressed as a child, worrying that that was what was going to happen to my body. And then it didn't. YAAAAAAY! Oddly, it never became a deal breaker with other men. I prefer smooth, but if you've got a pretty face, I'm in, regardless of your hirsuteness factor. Kind of like circumcision: I prefer cut, but a foreskin isn't something I'll throw you out of bed for.

by Anonymousreply 333April 2, 2019 5:14 PM

[quote]Same here, except my father wore a hair suit when naked.

He what?!

by Anonymousreply 334April 2, 2019 5:17 PM

[quote] That was very Diana Fairgate of you. LOL

That's hilarious! And I was a huge Knots Landing fan at the time (as well as Dynasty), so I'm sure they rubbed off on me.

Oh, that reminded me of another incident. My friend and I in the 9th grade decided for picture day we were going to give our best Alexis Carrington and Dominique Devereaux smoldering looks to the camera. (I was Alexis, he was Dominique.) We were at an all boys Catholic school. I still have that yearbook and every now and then I'll trot it out and the photos will make me laugh. We just look constipated.

by Anonymousreply 335April 2, 2019 5:18 PM

"Hair suit," R334. It's another way to spell "hirsute." Look it up.

by Anonymousreply 336April 2, 2019 5:19 PM

But you tried to overcome your Catholic school training. And that's what counts, R335.

by Anonymousreply 337April 2, 2019 5:20 PM

I put a detour sign outside my house while a men’s cycling event was going by. I wanted all of them! I was 12 and fit to be tied!

by Anonymousreply 338April 2, 2019 5:31 PM

I sucked men’s feet while I got off

by Anonymousreply 339April 2, 2019 5:35 PM

[quote]So what that tranny that said "a lot of gay men are only gay as a consolation price for not being women". And that constant hate of women and the obsessive talk of them. Well, i am a masculine straight(ish) guy and am putting all of this together. For you women at here, do not get angry at many of these envious gay men because they hate what you are and have "womb envy". Seriously. Also, not all gay men are effeminate but a lot are of a varying degree. Not all straight men hate women like not all gay men hate women but they have different reasons. The former could be that they feel that their power is being reduced and the latter because of envy. Just stating an opinion and this is not necessarily a fact

Wow, you hate gay men. You have absolutely nothing nice to say to them.

[quote]The former could be that they feel that their power is being reduced

It's actually because they consider women to be their possession and were raised to be assholes with no real ability to self reflect.

by Anonymousreply 340April 2, 2019 5:46 PM

[quote]Wow, you hate gay men.

And the English language.

by Anonymousreply 341April 2, 2019 5:48 PM

I always thought Whoopi Goldberg stole that routine about putting a towel on her head and pretending that it was her beautiful blonde hair from me.

by Anonymousreply 342April 2, 2019 6:19 PM

[quote] Anthony Recker

What does this mean?

by Anonymousreply 343April 2, 2019 6:29 PM

R343, you haven't received your gay card yet, I see.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 344April 2, 2019 6:37 PM

[quote] you haven't received your gay card yet, I see.

I know who Recker is what I don’t get is how attraction to him as a kid could occur given the average ages of the posters here. He was an active player from 2006 to 2018 and only made it to the majors in 2011. So a poster here would have to have be quite young to have Recker as an imprinting model and for possibly a very short time frame when he became known to the wider public.

by Anonymousreply 345April 2, 2019 7:16 PM

When our parents went out for the evening we would put on our mother's clothes and high heels.

At other times we would dress as a nun!!

by Anonymousreply 346April 2, 2019 7:29 PM

Stinkfish

by Anonymousreply 347April 2, 2019 7:41 PM

Reading Nancy Drew as well as Hardy Boys.

by Anonymousreply 348April 2, 2019 7:43 PM

I tried to go out as a femme fatale for Halloween one year when I was about 11 and I put on one of my mother's faux Chanel outfits -- from the pearls to the pumps. When I got halfway down the street it hit me just how ridiculous I looked and I remember kind of seizing up and running home as fast as my kitten heels would carry me. Plus, I forgot to bring one of her handbag for the candy.

by Anonymousreply 349April 2, 2019 7:46 PM

r345 may not have "received (his) gay card," but r344 seems to lack a smart card. Or he is only 16 years old.

by Anonymousreply 350April 2, 2019 8:47 PM

Our parents went out of town for a few days. It was the first time they had left my teenage brother and I alone. My brother had a few buddies around and they sat out the back with a few bottles of cheap wine someone managed to steal and drank until they threw up. By comparison, I decided it would be the ideal time to makeover the dining room. I rearranged the furniture, bought flowers and placed them in vases strategically, used some good sheets to make a tablecloth and redrape the windows.

I was so excited to see my mothers reaction. She just looked disappointed and I remember her just staring at me for what seemed like and eternity.

by Anonymousreply 351April 2, 2019 11:53 PM

So your decorating skills sucked even back then, R351?

by Anonymousreply 352April 3, 2019 1:10 AM

I told my parents I wanted to marry Gil Gerard (Buck Rogers), I was 7. That same year, I performed a lip-synch concert for my parents and some of their neighborhood friends, of Olivia Newton-John’s Totally Hot album, in its entirety. There was even an intermission as I turned the record over.

by Anonymousreply 353April 3, 2019 1:25 AM

R383 and I are twins!

by Anonymousreply 354April 3, 2019 1:30 AM

I would do, "The Strip", from "Gypsy".

by Anonymousreply 355April 3, 2019 1:30 AM

Well, there's the scalping of every Barbie I had, playing football and beating up boys with my female friend (who, it turns out, is pure lesbian) playing trucks with my brother.

I knew I was not "normal" if you will when all the high school girls wanted to be Madonna and I daydreamed about being Simon LeBon or Jimmy Somerville (yes, Jimmy Somerville.)

But then I'm just a freak. How many females are males in their imagination (like I said, when I imagine myself, I see a muscular dude), identify most with gay men, identify least with straight females but get along well with butch lesbians?

Now you know my deepest, darkest secret.

by Anonymousreply 356April 3, 2019 1:31 AM

Somehow I just knew...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 357April 3, 2019 1:12 PM

When Kim Carnes had a #1 hit with "Bette Davis Eyes" in 1981 and the video was being played all the time on TV, I put on a lavish performance/lip synch to the song in front of the neighborhood kids. I wore a velour blazer and had one leather glove on my hand with my Ray-ban sunglasses. I was really convincing as Kim Carnes! I had the slap down too. I was 9 years old. Quite confused.

by Anonymousreply 358April 3, 2019 1:15 PM

[quote]R383 and I are twins!

Great. When he (eventually) shows up, we'll ask him all about you.

by Anonymousreply 359April 3, 2019 1:29 PM

I always knew who Ann Miller was. Always.

by Anonymousreply 360April 3, 2019 1:36 PM

I was the only 7-year-old boy in class who cared:

-Eva Gabor made a [italic]Green Acres[/italic] reunion and a [italic]Rescuers[/italic] sequel in the same year.

-Thanks To OG Nick at Nite (pre-Viacom/Paramount merger), I recognized [italic]Saved by the Bell[/italic], the show NBC threw [italic]Gummi Bears[/italic] on the sword for, as a pallid, stupid, unfunny, and sanctimonious ripoff of [italic]Dobie Gillis[/italic].

by Anonymousreply 361April 3, 2019 2:00 PM

Plenty but my favorite….When I was 10 my favorite Lipstick Lesbian cousin died suddenly and my parents had to clean out her house, taking what the wanted and sending the rest to charity. This included all her clothes, shoes, etc which were stored in MY bedroom closet till they could be donated. Wrong decision Mom and Dad….the walked into my bedroom soon after and…..fill in the blanks….still LOL remembering their faces….Also, I was obsessed with JUDY and played all her albums night and day in my bedroom, but most obsessed with Get Happy for some reason. Halloween 1971 with Dad's tux jacket, Mom's heels and a thrift shop black fedora…….yeah…..

by Anonymousreply 362April 3, 2019 2:08 PM

R358 has style and class!

by Anonymousreply 363April 3, 2019 5:32 PM

At age 12 we were plucking our eyebrows, sometimes wearing Maybelline eyelash mascara and had a compact for face powder!

by Anonymousreply 364April 3, 2019 5:39 PM

But does he still have Greta Garbo's stand up size?

by Anonymousreply 365April 3, 2019 5:39 PM

[quote] I always knew who Ann Miller was. Always.

Summer of 1969, at age 12 I was away at summer camp. Everybody was swimming, but I had forgotten a towel or suntan lotion or something and went back up the hill to the boys' cabins to get it. I was walking back down the hill as another boy was walking up. He said to me 'Did you hear? Judy Garland died?'

He must've mistaken my stunned silence for ignorance, because he continued 'Judy Garland? You know, THE WIZARD OF OZ?' And as clear as if it had happened yesterday I remember putting my hand on my hip and hissing 'I KNOW who Judy Garland is!'

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 366April 3, 2019 6:21 PM

[quote]He was an active player from 2006 to 2018 and only made it to the majors in 2011. So a poster here would have to have be quite young to have Recker as an imprinting model and for possibly a very short time frame when he became known to the wider public.

Someone who was 10-11 in 2011 could be 18-19 now. The math works

by Anonymousreply 367April 3, 2019 6:33 PM

R351, I can totally relate. I thought it was perfectly normal for an 8 year old to constantly rearrange the furniture. My parents finally gave up and let me do it. Got a degree in architecture, then moved into corporate interiors. My mother later claimed credit for "encouraging" my creative side.

by Anonymousreply 368April 3, 2019 7:01 PM

My lips were a sweet surprise.

by Anonymousreply 369April 3, 2019 7:09 PM

I dressed up as Paul Lynde for Halloween one year

by Anonymousreply 370April 3, 2019 7:14 PM

I hated sports, and asked for an Easy-Bake Oven for my fourth birthday. My dad was appalled, and it drove something of a permanent wedge between us, one which only grew as the years went by. Both of my parents said 'hell no' to the birthday request, but my mom's reasoning was that, rather than cooking with that piece-of-shit toy, as she called it, it would be better if I learned to cook for real. So she started teaching me how. (That too just killed my dad.)

by Anonymousreply 371April 3, 2019 7:17 PM

I’d beg adult men to take off their shoes and socks so I could get off looking at their feet!

by Anonymousreply 372April 3, 2019 7:25 PM

Whenever our parents would take us along to visit their friends we would ask what kind of vacuum cleaner they had and ask to see it!

by Anonymousreply 373April 3, 2019 7:31 PM

Stinkfish

by Anonymousreply 374April 3, 2019 7:44 PM

I made a “purse” out of a styrofoam cup and some yarn and walked around the block carrying it! I was in first grade. I didn’t “notice” other boys until we moved to the country the next year and had sleepovers with other boys in the area. We would make pallets and watch movies and lay together on Saturday night and one night my friend Joe asked me to “taste” his weeny and I said I would if he would!! The rest is history.

by Anonymousreply 375April 3, 2019 8:21 PM

R248 Would you defend other forms of body dysmorphia with the same fervor? Should kids and adults who for example feel "disconnected" to one of their legs (BIID) be encouraged to cut it off?

And clearly you've been watching too many Discovery documentaries if you still believe in the whole "my kid will LITERALLY castrate her(him)self if I don't do it first!" narrative. If you take a look at the most popular Facebook group for parents of "trans kids" you'll see the ones who are obsessed with genitals are actually the twisted parents and frankendoctors, not the kids.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 376April 3, 2019 8:25 PM

I was mesmerized by the sight of hot men in shorts manspreading, subtly checking to see what was under there without being caught.

by Anonymousreply 377April 3, 2019 10:19 PM

I would love to sit in grown men’s laps( everyone one of my fathers or mothers male friends and uncles) and I liked it ALOT when i could feel their stuff on my bum:/

by Anonymousreply 378April 3, 2019 11:14 PM

When I was 9 or 10, I discovered a great new trick when getting my hair cut at the barber's. I simply rested my arms alongside the armrests of the barber chair, and when the barber moved in to get closer, I wouldn't move as he brushed his crotch against my arm. Most of the barbers simply backed up slightly at that point, but there was this one young, really nice-looking guy who wouldn't. He'd just stand there pressing his dick against my arm, and would even slightly move sideways, so I could feel the whole thing. I'm sure he knew exactly what I was up to, but he never called me on it. I also don't think he was any kind of pedo, he was just humoring me. We never, ever talked about it. I still occasionally will think about that when I jack off, even though it happened over 30 years ago.

by Anonymousreply 379April 4, 2019 12:18 AM

I was 10 and cried when my parents wouldn’t let me watch Madonna’s Blonde Ambition Tour when it aired on HBO in the summer of 1990. Eventually they relented, but with the caveat that I was not allowed to watch the notorious performance of “Like a Virgin”.

by Anonymousreply 380April 4, 2019 2:07 AM

All the kids calling me "Sissy!" was a huge clue!

by Anonymousreply 381April 4, 2019 2:25 AM

My oldest sister is 12 years older than I. She’s attractive and used to bring home boyfriends and I behaved as though they were there for me. I liked how handsome, nice, and willing they were to interact with me. Looking back, I understand now that they didn’t have much choice if they wanted to stay on my sister’s good side, and some if not most must have thought it was quite a chore to have to entertain the young boy who seemed fascinated with them.

In short, my first crushes were a series of young men from high school and college my sister brought home.

by Anonymousreply 382April 4, 2019 2:31 AM

R379 I was a very brazen 4-6 year old, I’d touch any guy guy( I thought was hot) in the junk or ass. Most guys would squirm away asap but there were a few that didn’t seem to mind lol Then my mother finally put a stop to it.

by Anonymousreply 383April 4, 2019 2:55 AM

When I was a newborn baby and squealed with delight when the handsome doctor slapped my bare ass.

by Anonymousreply 384April 4, 2019 3:30 AM

F&F the cretin at R305

by Anonymousreply 385April 4, 2019 6:48 AM

When we were 7 and the cute boy next door was 12 we would sometimes wrestle on his front lawn. He would always pin us down in conquest and we still recall those 'special feelings' we experienced at those moments. That was when we knew for sure that we liked boys and hated fish!

by Anonymousreply 386April 4, 2019 8:04 AM

I played with barbie

I put glitter on my shirt

I sucked at sports

I was very neat

I was very sweet and shy and touchy feely

I sucked at sports

by Anonymousreply 387April 4, 2019 8:25 AM

My ability to coordinate teals and aquas.

by Anonymousreply 388April 4, 2019 8:53 AM

I ruuled at sports especially basketball and soccer.

by Anonymousreply 389April 4, 2019 8:56 AM

[quote]My oldest sister is 12 years older than I.

Oh, dear!

by Anonymousreply 390April 4, 2019 11:19 AM

My cousin and I are the same age I grew up in the burbs he grew up in Greenwich Village. Occasionally my parents would drive into the city to visit them, when I was about 12 my cousin and I would wander around the Village while our parents spent time together. It was the period when the clone look was in. I loved seeing all the men in their tight jeans with no underwear and their cotton flannel plaids with the top 3 or 4 buttons open to show off their hairy chests. I wanted to go home with a few of them.

by Anonymousreply 391April 4, 2019 2:35 PM

Actually, no, r390.

[quote]She’s older than me / I. While most of us say, “She’s older than me,” it’s wrong. What’s missing is the verb at the end of the sentence, and even if we neither write nor say this verb, it governs the choice of the pronoun.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 392April 4, 2019 3:23 PM

I saw Ann "Sugar Babies" Miller in Follies.

by Anonymousreply 393April 4, 2019 3:26 PM

r392 is correct and we would also like to point out another very annoying common error: "Give the customer whatever they want" is incorrect. A plural pronoun does not refer to a singular noun except in the moronic world of PC. The correct form is "Give the customer whatever he wants"

by Anonymousreply 394April 4, 2019 3:49 PM

[quote]The correct form is "Give the customer whatever he wants"

Except in Chicago, r394 (and, by association, Seattle).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 395April 4, 2019 4:18 PM

Alas, Erna, you are, as usual, quite incorrect. "Give the customer whatever they want" is, in fact, correct usage.

Better to be thought a fool than to continue to post here and prove it.

by Anonymousreply 396April 4, 2019 4:20 PM

Recognizing the unfair and arbitrary nature of saying some colors, toys, hobbies, books, movies, and TV shows are just for boys or just for girls when a female friend of mine said “I thought boys hated Barbie dolls.”

“So? Girls play with cars and trucks all the time,” is what I wish I had said.

by Anonymousreply 397April 4, 2019 4:21 PM

[quote]“I thought boys hated Barbie dolls.”

I did. I hated all dolls. They smelled. And looked dirty.

by Anonymousreply 398April 4, 2019 4:22 PM

Most of the girls I was friends with were tomboys or out-and-out lesbians anyway.

by Anonymousreply 399April 4, 2019 4:27 PM

R227: MARY!

by Anonymousreply 400April 4, 2019 4:32 PM

Someone please start a thread on “What we thought as kids”.

by Anonymousreply 401April 4, 2019 4:55 PM

R381 - Same here, but the word they used was “faggot.”

by Anonymousreply 402April 4, 2019 5:44 PM

when my family would go to the beach every summer, I would hang around an extra long time in a public shower/changing room and loved getting naked around other males even at 11 years old. As I got older, I’d jack off in the shower stalls and once caught a man staring. I still use that occasionally to masturbate!

by Anonymousreply 403April 4, 2019 5:58 PM

I completely forgot this year.

The highlight of the end of the year/Holiday season, was watching them change the number of the year on Match Game. Luckily, it usually happened while we were still on Christmas Break.

by Anonymousreply 404April 4, 2019 6:51 PM

I remember being so nervous around my coach in 6th grade.....he was a masculine, muscled ex-athlete with a great smile. Every time he would touch me (to correct an exercise routine) I would get HOT!

by Anonymousreply 405April 4, 2019 6:59 PM

I had a huge crush on my middle school science teacher and would get hot whenever he talked to me. *sigh* I was crushed he announced his wife was pregnant.

by Anonymousreply 406April 4, 2019 7:20 PM

I had a boyfriend by the time I was 10. I was like a child predator, except for the fact that I was a child also. Always after other guys my age. The BF and I would do it anywhere Sometimes we'd swim out to my dad's little sailboat and lay naked next to each other on the deck. Other boats would be motoring by and I can only imagine what they thought of us. Probably nothing since we were so young. I didn't know about "real" sex but I loved lying on him and humping him. One day while we were doing this he suggested I put my dick in his ass. I was horrified. He was embarrassed. I just couldn't see any way this could be a sexual thing. Ha! He went on to like women (exclusively, I think) and still lives nearby with his wife and grown kids.

by Anonymousreply 407April 4, 2019 7:57 PM

I blame my parents for giving me this.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 408April 4, 2019 11:59 PM

r390 r392 Shouldn't it be "eldest sister" rather than "oldest?"

by Anonymousreply 409April 5, 2019 12:00 AM

Yes, r409, "eld..." is correct. It has just never sounded as authentic as "old...", kind of like "Hello, it's me" sounds better than "Hello, it is I," even though the latter is correct.

by Anonymousreply 410April 5, 2019 4:53 AM

This thread took an ugly turn...

So many stories

And then the Grammar Nazi storm troopers marched in

by Anonymousreply 411April 5, 2019 5:37 AM

I hated sport (and still do) but I think that was more down to me being shy and bookish than anything to do with my sexuality. I knew I was gay before I knew what gay meant, if that makes sense? I always wanted to be with boys. I was fascinated by cowboys and soldiers and policemen.

In my teens I also loved Kenneth Williams, John Waters, the B-52's and a whole lot more that is associated with camp, but I never equated it with my wanting to have sex with men. I suppose I always felt like a misfit or outsider, but I was never interested in playing with dolls (Action Man aside of course) or wearing dresses or anything like that.

by Anonymousreply 412April 5, 2019 8:31 AM

We continued sucking our thumb until we were 12.

by Anonymousreply 413April 5, 2019 8:37 AM

In first grade, my heart skipped when I first saw our ex-military gym teacher. I thought he was gorgeous, Greek God face, flat top haircut, nipples poking though his white tee-shirt. At our first gym class he showed us how to put our clothes in a locker, by demonstrating. First the shoes and socks, then he took off his tee-shirt. A triangle of hair on his chest, tight-as-a-drum areolas, a treasure trail. He was wearing boxers when he took off his pants. Can you imagine a teacher dropping his boxers in this day and age? It was a different time. He dropped the boxers. I never saw pubic hair before, and there was a lot of it, much different than his flat top. Yes, there was a cock and balls, too. But I was fascinated with his bush. Then he showed the correct way to wear a jockstrap. I still recall it. I am a bush-lover now, such an impact. He married our first grade teacher during Christmas break. That was 53 years ago. I had no doubt I was different than the other boys in that moment. I was the only one swooning for the rest of the day.

by Anonymousreply 414April 5, 2019 8:54 AM

Did you blow him?

by Anonymousreply 415April 5, 2019 8:58 AM

[quote]We continued sucking our thumb until we were 12.

More importantly, you still use the Royal "we" pronoun.

by Anonymousreply 416April 5, 2019 9:03 AM

[quote]I knew I was gay before I knew what gay meant, if that makes sense?

So did I, r412. I had a crush on my five-year-old cousin when I was four. I didn't know from "gay," but I knew it was something to keep to myself.

by Anonymousreply 417April 5, 2019 11:48 AM

I penciled in nipples and chest hair on my G.I. Joes and my sister's Ken dolls. Thank God I could erase it all; I envisioned my sister showing my "design improvements" on Ken to my parents. I tried to find some object I could glue onto my G.I. Joes to look like a cock. I would have added pubic hair with my trusty pencil.

by Anonymousreply 418April 5, 2019 11:46 PM

I also knew at 4. It's weird how you can know, but you just do. I kept it to myself until I turned 18.

by Anonymousreply 419April 5, 2019 11:54 PM

Similar to R414 and in the same time period. My high school's swim team practiced nude. The coach, a PE teacher, got naked too, so we'd feel less insecure. He was a beach blond, surfer/lifeguard type, with puka beads around his neck. He had what looked like a bale of hay around his big-headed cock. I did my best to prevent myself from getting an erection.

I never minded swimming laps. Cocks and bushes of all sizes and shapes would pass by. I didn't have goggles, so I matched them up with their owners when we were neck-deep in the water. The amazing thing, we all looked at our coach when he was talking; I could see his crotch for five-ten minutes while he "lectured".

by Anonymousreply 420April 5, 2019 11:56 PM

When I was 12 I went into the boys locker room after a high school basketball game. I stood there and watched them strip and shower.

by Anonymousreply 421April 6, 2019 12:00 AM

Just a horny man!

by Anonymousreply 422April 6, 2019 1:00 AM

This photo. I already knew him as a hall of fame football player. I saw this while sneaking a look at a Playgirl in the magazine rack in a drug store in the city we were vacationing in. This photo was imprinted on my brain. I was fourteen years old.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 423April 6, 2019 4:32 AM

R423, I didn't believe he was posing full-frontal when I heard he was going to do it in Playgirl. Imagine my shock when I saw the spread. All I could think was "Holy Shit!" There he was in that photo, full-on. I took care of business instantly.

by Anonymousreply 424April 6, 2019 4:40 AM

Jim Brown had already done a nude for Cosmopolitan the year before, in conjunction with the John Davidson nude. Both men covered the naughty bits in their posters. Then Jim Brown's good friend, Fred Williamson, boasted he was going to show everything in Playgirl. "He wasn't going to be like Jim Brown. He would deliver." Then that issue of Playgirl was released and there was no full-frontal of Williamson.

Jim Brown then decided, "If Williamson chickened out, I won't." That's why he agreed to be totally nude in all of the shots in the spread, no holding back. It was upmanship at its best.

by Anonymousreply 425April 6, 2019 4:55 AM

We are shocked and disappointed to be reminded that Jim Brown appeared to be a tinymeat with a semi.

by Anonymousreply 426April 6, 2019 9:23 AM

Then you would be wrong Erna

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 427April 6, 2019 9:27 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 428April 6, 2019 9:28 AM

perhaps avergemeat (7 inches hard) at best.

by Anonymousreply 429April 6, 2019 9:35 AM

Where do you get your average penis statistics from, r429?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 430April 6, 2019 11:21 AM

R414 That sounds like an intro to a story on Nifty.org.

by Anonymousreply 431April 6, 2019 11:56 AM

People actually say "eldest?" in 2019?

by Anonymousreply 432April 6, 2019 12:15 PM

It does sound kind of archaic, r432, but it is still correct. As to whether people actually say it, well, I'm one of the Oh, Deariest of the Oh, Dears, and I usually say "oldest." I might say "his elder son," though. It's one of my squishier areas.

by Anonymousreply 433April 6, 2019 12:22 PM

First graders wear jockstraps? 5 and 6 year olds? And teachers did a fully nude striptease to demonstrate taking clothes off and putting them in a locker?

Really?

by Anonymousreply 434April 6, 2019 12:27 PM

I waked in to a swimming pool change room to find a hot life guard completely naked with his legs spread wide. I got a eye full and hurried home to my room where I masturbated for over 2 hours.

by Anonymousreply 435April 6, 2019 12:31 PM

As a “child” r435?

by Anonymousreply 436April 6, 2019 12:37 PM

i was fucking 12!!!!

by Anonymousreply 437April 6, 2019 12:38 PM

r430: when ornamentals and mexicans are excluded from the survey the average is a LOT more than 5.1

by Anonymousreply 438April 6, 2019 12:59 PM

one day i put my mom's Mary Kay mascara on, out of the blue. god what was i thinking? i was like 7 years old.

by Anonymousreply 439April 6, 2019 1:01 PM

I must have been about 5 when my family went to dinner at the house of one of my dad's co-workers. It was something we never did, so it was a nervous experience. They had a boy about my age who was cute, blond and outgoing and I think I was immediately in love. Because after we were outside for a while some of his buds came around and he went off with them- and I burst into tears. No one knew what was wrong with me, and everyone acted tense and uncomfortable through dinner.

by Anonymousreply 440April 6, 2019 1:04 PM

r440 are you me? That happened to me too.

by Anonymousreply 441April 6, 2019 1:05 PM

That's what happen when you didn't blow him right away

by Anonymousreply 442April 6, 2019 6:54 PM

In fifth grade back in 1961, we boys were going to have an hour focused on puberty in gym class. Our parents needed to sign permission notes before we could attend it. Two male gym teachers walked into the gym wearing robes. Then, when the class started, they removed their robes. They were naked. Thank goodness they were young, muscular and good looking. Otherwise I might have turned into a straight man. They talked about how our bodies would change and look like theirs. They pointed out how our genitals would get larger in shape. They told us why we will have underarm, chest and pubic hair in varying degrees. They described how a male body functions when having sex. They explained how we had to check for venereal diseases. Back then they never thought a boy would have erotic interest in a male body, gay guys were so deep into the closet. It was purely a learning, scientific experience.

I do remember one boy asking why one of the teachers didn't have Brylcreem in the hair down there, too. The other teacher had a real helmet head, and it twisted sideways as his cock dropped. He also had feathery pubic hair. I wanted to run my fingers through it. Every time we saw them through the rest of the year, they acted normally, not like they shared a secret with us. It was just a regular day to learn something.

by Anonymousreply 443April 6, 2019 10:58 PM

I undressed some of my male teachers with my eyes. The images were probably disappointing compared to the reality. On of the social studies teachers was well hung. He tried to mask it with tight underwear, but there was no denying there was a snake in the grass.

by Anonymousreply 444April 6, 2019 11:03 PM

[R382] I was a bit like this too. I used to love it when my sisiter's boyfriend came around. i would get out my collection of Abba magazines and show him what pictures I liked best. He was always really kind and would spend time with me. I thought he was a great guy and even though he was very much a straight mn, he talked to me like my interests were no big deal, and worthy of discussion. I always remembered him with great affection.

Unfortunately, the story has a sad ending. Two years ago when my sister died he was at her funeral. We hadn't seen each other for many years. He was talking to my brother near me and I could hear him saying "So is he a faggot or what ?". Then came over and started asking me loudly in front of a few people. I refused to acknowledge him.

Only 15 minutes before I had given the eulogy for my sister.

by Anonymousreply 445April 7, 2019 8:10 AM

A few of the brethren here would have escorted him away. At a funeral no less. What an asshole.

by Anonymousreply 446April 7, 2019 8:23 AM

Yes they do r432, lots of people. It’s grammatically correct.

by Anonymousreply 447April 7, 2019 8:38 AM

Sure, r432. My oldest shirt. My eldest brother.

by Anonymousreply 448April 7, 2019 8:40 AM

As a child we strove to imitate our mother, not our father. Neither of them appreciated this.

by Anonymousreply 449April 7, 2019 9:07 AM

I'd steal all of my male friend's used socks and underwear.

by Anonymousreply 450April 7, 2019 11:13 AM

^^Dayum

by Anonymousreply 451April 7, 2019 11:18 AM

R450 was a pervy kid. Love it! How old?

by Anonymousreply 452April 7, 2019 11:28 AM

oh i started doing it when i was 10.

by Anonymousreply 453April 7, 2019 11:30 AM

I wanted a mood ring more than anything. I begged and begged but my mom was she's stingy and cheap. She finally relented, but then I was too self-conscious to wear it to school.

I kept that ring for years. She probably sold it in a garage sale.

by Anonymousreply 454April 7, 2019 11:54 AM

When we were in the eighth grade we blew a horse-hung classmate.

by Anonymousreply 455April 7, 2019 2:24 PM

Maybe R414 grew up in the Renaissance period, R416. We do have elders on this list.

by Anonymousreply 456April 7, 2019 2:27 PM

R332: You'd love me. Italian-American, hairy as all hell since I was about 13 years old. It just sprouted out and wouldn't stop growing. Had to start shaving at 13 too.

by Anonymousreply 457April 7, 2019 4:41 PM

R332, I would have loved you, but I was terrified to show any interest in another guy while I was in junior high school. Guaranteed, I would have caught glimpses of your body hair in the locker room after gym class. I would have known how hairy you were. I would have given you a blow job in an ideal world. I wouldn't know the proper techniques, but I would be happy to practice on you.

by Anonymousreply 458April 9, 2019 11:47 PM

Rather, I'd blow you, R457. Since I refered to R332, I would feel obligated to blow you, too. It's the honorable thing to do.

by Anonymousreply 459April 9, 2019 11:51 PM

I can just hear the moaning sounds coming from the Jr high school restroom

by Anonymousreply 460April 10, 2019 7:32 AM

My first word was "dong."

by Anonymousreply 461April 10, 2019 7:41 AM

When we were 12 we blew an Italian 13 year old number in our same 8th grade class - he had a solid 8 inches and we swallowed every drop!

by Anonymousreply 462April 10, 2019 8:39 AM

R462 🤮

by Anonymousreply 463April 10, 2019 8:45 AM

When I was about 12, a friend of mine from up the block cJe over for a sleepover. He’d slept over plenty of times before, as our parents were good friends. I had recently discovered masturbating and soft corn porn on Cinemax late at night. Turns out, he had discovered masturbating too. I’ll never forget under a bunch of blankets on my bedroom floor, daring each other to take out dicks out and jerk off. From there it escalated quickly. With a few more sessions, we were full on naked sucking each other, 69ing, even fucking (using baby oil as lube!). The only thing we never did, because it never occurred to us, was kiss each other! He turned out straight somehow , married with kids now. Me on the other hand...

by Anonymousreply 464April 10, 2019 11:46 AM

you discovered masturbation at 12? lmao. I was fucking 3!!!!

by Anonymousreply 465April 10, 2019 11:50 AM

My gay friends in the Navy used to brag about how fabulous their lives were growing up whenever I complained about being bullied or mistreated by family and neighbors for being gay...”YOU were the problem, not THEM!”, one of them would say. “My life was FABULOUS...music, friends, movies, and all the cock I wanted...”. I’d torture myself with jealousy because my life as a child had been so devastating.

By the time I realized that they were lying, most of them were dead. Or discharged. But mostly dead.

by Anonymousreply 466April 10, 2019 12:34 PM

R357, that video is disturbing.

by Anonymousreply 467April 10, 2019 1:06 PM

[quote]By the time I realized that they were lying, most of them were dead.

Told you I was hard core.

by Anonymousreply 468April 10, 2019 1:32 PM

I started going through puberty at ten. For some reason I did not start masturbating untiil I was almost 16 years old.

by Anonymousreply 469April 10, 2019 1:38 PM

Is that physically possible, r469?

by Anonymousreply 470April 10, 2019 1:39 PM

The first thing I masturbated to was my brother's skanky porn magazine using COPPERTONE lotion. For years the smell of that stuff TURNED ME ON.

by Anonymousreply 471April 10, 2019 1:41 PM

I starting shaving like an adult a month after I turned 14. I hated it. I knew I had to shave when I couldn't get these crumbs off my face. They weren't crumbs I was growing a beard. At the same time hair starting growing on my chest , stomach , back, shoulders. I was practically a teen werewolf by or before the age of 15 years old.

by Anonymousreply 472April 10, 2019 1:44 PM

R77 - are we the same person?

by Anonymousreply 473April 10, 2019 3:57 PM

I organised my 4 girls and myself to dance to Eurythmics Missionary Man for the school talent quest.

My heart breaks for that little boy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 474April 10, 2019 6:40 PM

^^^ But did you win?

by Anonymousreply 475April 11, 2019 1:34 AM

I knew all the words to the ending of Natalie Cole's This Will Be, the part she sings really quickly, by the 3rd time I heard the song & sang along at the top of my lungs with as much glee as Natalie every single it came on the radio. Ever since I've had a digital library this song has been on my playlist & I still that part of the song as if there's a cash prize.

by Anonymousreply 476April 11, 2019 1:59 AM

R464 We had parallel lives I would sleep over my best friends house in the summer. We discovered masturbation then we did it to each other. I was fascinated by there hair sprouting from his thighs and balls and his bush we spent many hours under the covers examining each other.

by Anonymousreply 477April 11, 2019 11:31 AM

I stole every used pair of socks from cute guys as I could!!!

by Anonymousreply 478April 12, 2019 2:24 PM

Goldie Hawn had a running bit on Laugh-In where she would go-go dance in a bikini while her skin was covered in body painted phrases and images.

When I was about 11 years old, I organized a show in the basement of my home for the other kids in the neighborhood. I ripped off Goldie's dancer routine, covering myself in phrases and images of my own creation and dancing in my bathing suit.

I did not have access to body paint. I had markers. And I looked like a gay 11 year old Goldie Hawn drag queen wannabe for the next several weeks. Looking back, the whole episode was a dead give away.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 479April 12, 2019 2:35 PM

I never saw body hair on another guy my age until middle school introduced us to group showers. One guy I just met that first week, Scott, was very handsome and quiet. Acne covered his face. Maybe he was self-conscious about it.

When we took off our gym clothes, I was shocked. He had a bush, dark, thick and expansive. He also had a big cock, but I was captivated by that bush. No one else in the class had any body hair at all. Another guy noticed where my eyes were affixed. “Bill likes Scott” he chanted. I was embarrassed. Scott tried to be more friendly with me afterward, but I was too embarrassed to get closer to him. I was afraid I would get myself in more trouble.

I am kicking myself now for not reciprocating his advances. I might have fallen in love. I imagine how I’d explore his crotch, I think he might have let me do it. I still have the first sight of that bush in my head. I haven’t seen a bigger one, and we didn’t manscape then, since.

by Anonymousreply 480April 17, 2019 2:55 AM

Some of the male teachers in my elementary school did not wear t-shirts under their shirts. I enjoyed watching the fabric moving across their stiff nubs when they moved around in class. I would look closely to see if I could identify some teachers' areolas. Sometimes I was able. I took mental notes on the size, shape and color. I hoped it would start raining hard at recess so I could see through the teachers' wet, transparent shirts. It never happened.

I still got good grades. I fantasized while doing my homework.

by Anonymousreply 481April 18, 2019 12:54 AM

I used to like holding in my shit for as long as possible

by Anonymousreply 482April 18, 2019 4:43 AM

R481, I have a similar memory. About the time I was 8 years old, my family went to a festival where a dunk tank was present. I liked to see the people volunteer to get up on the seat wearing all of their clothes, then fall into the water and get drenched. Three guys in white t-shirts approached the tank. They looked like they were military, young, well-muscled, buzz cut hair. They goaded each other to enter the tank while the others pitched. Each would fall into the water, then when they rose up, their t-shirts had a low thread count, revealing their nipples plainly. One had a hairy chest, too. I was a mess the rest of the day, recalling what I just saw. 8 years of age, I was all tingly. I knew what I liked to see.

When I was young and muscular myself, I always volunteered to get into the tank if I saw one at a festival. I wasn’t always dressed in clothes which could be see-through when wet, but it was fun when I did. Once I even went in a tank in a white dress shirt, a tie and dress pants. I felt just as tingly as I did at 8 after getting out of the tank.

by Anonymousreply 483April 19, 2019 12:44 AM

I like guys like you R483. You thumb your nose at convention and get into a dunk tank all dressed up in short and tie. Dunk tanks usually earn money for a worthy cause, thank you for that. Did your chest show thru your dress shirt after you were dunked? I think that would look hot with a wet tie dividing it. I wonder what clues your wet crotch gave away. I hope you wore dress shoes to complete the look.

by Anonymousreply 484April 19, 2019 8:26 AM

I meant to say shirt and tie.

by Anonymousreply 485April 19, 2019 8:27 AM

My mother had a brass bell with a wooden piece to hit the bell. I used to cover the wooden piece with Vaseline and insert it in my anus.

by Anonymousreply 486April 19, 2019 8:30 AM

^^^ How did she call you to dinner then?

by Anonymousreply 487April 19, 2019 12:38 PM

Well, thankfully she never used that for dinner - it was just an decoration.

by Anonymousreply 488April 19, 2019 1:12 PM

I also used good ol Vaseline to slather on anything that I could shove up my ass!! It was so natural and I just loved the feeling. I had never seen porn so I don’t know how I got the idea, but once I put that first carrot up there, it was on to zucchini, large potatoes, even broom handles! It’s a miracle I never injured myself. I was 14.

by Anonymousreply 489April 19, 2019 1:35 PM

t482, no that was a clue that you are stupid.

by Anonymousreply 490April 19, 2019 4:28 PM

So hot, R483. I'm going to have to hang around the dunk tank the next time I go to a festival. I'll dress for it, just in case.

by Anonymousreply 491April 19, 2019 11:36 PM

I thought Chad Everett was the most handsome man alive when I was about 12 years old. I watched an episode of Medical Center (alone) when Everett appeared bare chested in a scene. It was the first time I saw his exposed torso. I stared at his nipples and the thick hair under his arms and I got my first erection. I played with it for the rest of the episode and when I went to bed. I couldn’t climax, as much as I tried. That happened a few weeks later, face down, sliding my cock along the soapy bottom of the bathtub. It was heaven. I took a bath every night for the next 3 weeks.

by Anonymousreply 492April 20, 2019 7:17 AM

My mom tells me that when I was an infant I was sick or colicky or something and wouldn't stop crying and making a fuss. She decided to take my temperature (rectally), and apparently the second she inserted the thermometer up my ass, I not only stopped howling, but smiled. Which is interesting, because I grew up to be pretty much a total Top.

by Anonymousreply 493April 23, 2019 7:28 PM

nasty fucker r493

by Anonymousreply 494April 23, 2019 7:59 PM

The very first item I ever stuck up my ass was a toothbrush. The first lubricant I ever used to masturbate was COPPERTONE. For years the smell of the white lotion COPPERTONE turned me on!

by Anonymousreply 495April 23, 2019 8:14 PM

nasty fucker, r495.

by Anonymousreply 496April 23, 2019 8:33 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!