Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Yuzuru Hanyu and other figure skating talk part 24

Let's continue here with our world's discussion.

by Anonymousreply 603March 24, 2019 7:02 PM

Jason Brown above Hanyu. Wow.

by Anonymousreply 1March 21, 2019 11:40 AM

The Russian popping game is strong today.

by Anonymousreply 2March 21, 2019 11:42 AM

Messing is visibly weak in PCS skating with the highest ranked guys.

The Russians will be lucky to keep 2 worlds spots at the rate they're going.

by Anonymousreply 3March 21, 2019 11:49 AM

With how Brown is performing now, Kolyada might benefit from adopting Brown's trajectory and playing it safe with PCS.

by Anonymousreply 4March 21, 2019 11:50 AM

So Chen will lead the SP

by Anonymousreply 5March 21, 2019 11:53 AM

and by a large margin

by Anonymousreply 6March 21, 2019 11:54 AM

Hate Chen's costume, but there's no doubt who the King of the ice is tonight.

by Anonymousreply 7March 21, 2019 11:55 AM

Looks like he is likely gonna defend his title this year.

by Anonymousreply 8March 21, 2019 11:55 AM

Competiton closed

by Anonymousreply 9March 21, 2019 11:56 AM

Three US men in the top four. Wasn't expecting that.

by Anonymousreply 10March 21, 2019 11:58 AM

Is it just me or are his landings still ugly? I don't understand how he is so consistent in landing them.

by Anonymousreply 11March 21, 2019 11:59 AM

only 1 UR for Vincent

by Anonymousreply 12March 21, 2019 12:09 PM

1 UR for Shoma fall

2 Urs for Cha (quad and Axel)

by Anonymousreply 13March 21, 2019 12:13 PM

When was the last time Uno skated clean?

by Anonymousreply 14March 21, 2019 12:16 PM

Cha's jumps were visibly UR in real time, unfortunately.

by Anonymousreply 15March 21, 2019 12:16 PM

Hanyu's gonna be fire in the free now that he's coming from behind. I wonder if he'll just say fuck it and go for five quads.

by Anonymousreply 16March 21, 2019 12:18 PM

I agree with the calls on Zhou as well - 4lz combination was beautiful, 4S was UR in real time to my eyes.

Jason Brown's triple axel has really improved under Orser and deserved all the +GOE thrown at it.

by Anonymousreply 17March 21, 2019 12:19 PM

R16 He only has 4L, 4S,4T so he can't do 5 quads. R17 I would have called his 3A under. His combo looked fine to me.

by Anonymousreply 18March 21, 2019 12:20 PM

Yuzuru must be steaming in rage.

by Anonymousreply 19March 21, 2019 12:23 PM

Pressing questions for the long program tomorrow:

Can Nathan Chen withstand the pressure and defend his world title?

Can Hanyu come from behind after the tragic pop? Will his ankle let him?

Will Jason Brown become the first quadless world medalist in years?

Will Matteo sneak in for yet another surprise bronze?

Are the Russian men going to hang in there or bomb and go from 3 to 1 worlds entry?

Is Shoma ever going to skate clean again?

What inspiring wisdom will Vincent share with us in his insta-journal?

by Anonymousreply 20March 21, 2019 12:26 PM

Oh wait, the long program's Saturday. Pressing questions still apply.

by Anonymousreply 21March 21, 2019 12:27 PM

R18 4Lz or 4A. That would be where the 'fuck it' part especially comes in.

by Anonymousreply 22March 21, 2019 12:29 PM

R11 Not just you. Those landings are obscene. But he do stay on his feet. What offends me more are his Vera Wang monstrosities...he's so much better than what she throws on his body. R19 I hope he doesn't kill himself trying to put in a thousand quads and a 4A in the FS to catch up.

by Anonymousreply 23March 21, 2019 12:29 PM

R14 Didn't he manage a clean Free at 4cc? I thought that's how he won there, beating future champion Vincent.

by Anonymousreply 24March 21, 2019 12:34 PM

Looks like you're right about Shoma's clean LP at 4CC R24. I didn't watch the competition but just looked up the reports. These days there are so many mistakes in the men's event I honestly consider it a miracle when the guys stay upright.

Over on the ladies side of things, the allegations against Mariah Bell are getting picked up by the mainstream US media today. Maybe this could be our new Tonya vs. Nancy scandal that revives the sport!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25March 21, 2019 12:41 PM

Anyway, I'm sad for Yuzuru but glad for Nathan, he's a good sport.

by Anonymousreply 26March 21, 2019 12:42 PM

Nathan’s definitely a king today and he seems really relax and enjoy skating, his costume is like a Malayan tapir tho.

by Anonymousreply 27March 21, 2019 12:54 PM

His costume earlier in the season was definitely better. The program is fun and relaxed, and Vera Wang designed a stiff looking geometric tux to go with it. What gives?

by Anonymousreply 28March 21, 2019 12:59 PM

Jason Brown after Yuzuru and Shoma showed who is better skater. he was fantastic

by Anonymousreply 29March 21, 2019 1:00 PM

R28 Despite being ugly af I still prefer this costume than the previous one. Vests simply shouldn't be allowed on the ice.

by Anonymousreply 30March 21, 2019 1:03 PM

Vests are the costume of a true gentleman skater.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31March 21, 2019 1:06 PM

R29 Jason Brown was always strong in the SP this season though. His quadless FS is another issue entirely.

by Anonymousreply 32March 21, 2019 1:07 PM

The beginning of Nathan's choreo looks something that you would see in the likes of German Nationals

by Anonymousreply 33March 21, 2019 1:10 PM

R32 I dont mean jumps. I say overall as a skater. He is not gonna keep second place after FS, thats for sure

by Anonymousreply 34March 21, 2019 1:10 PM

R31 well, I mean, at least that looks like it's part of XVIII century inspired costume. But what Nathan wore was probably the same thing he took to his Yale admission exam.

by Anonymousreply 35March 21, 2019 1:12 PM

And yuzuru still has the best PCS , with a flop. LOL And stans here claim that he is ALWAYS underscored. Pathetic

by Anonymousreply 36March 21, 2019 1:20 PM

R36 when did they add jumps to PCS components? Did I miss something?

by Anonymousreply 37March 21, 2019 1:22 PM

R37 What? When you make mistakes like UR , pops, falls it should impact PCS , right?Thats how it works, pal

by Anonymousreply 38March 21, 2019 1:25 PM

Actually I dont care so much but crazie fans here say that Yuzuru is always underscored. Actually I dont see it. Even with such big mistake he kept the best PCS. But we are in Japan, let's face it

by Anonymousreply 39March 21, 2019 1:27 PM

R38 oh, I thought the PCS was just a way for the judges to bypass the system and choose whoever they wanted to win. Thanks for the edumacation

by Anonymousreply 40March 21, 2019 1:34 PM

R40 You are right. That why they gave the best PCS to Hanyu, besides his big mistake to keep him close to the 1st place as much as possible. You are not wrong.

by Anonymousreply 41March 21, 2019 1:39 PM

Should UR impact PCS? If the UR is not coupled with a messy landing, I don't think it should lower marks in Interpretation, etc

by Anonymousreply 42March 21, 2019 1:42 PM

Breakdown

Croatia-Israel-France: Chen #1 PCS

Switzerland-Taipei-Spain: Brown #1 PCS

Czech-Mexico-Canada: Hanyu #1 PCS

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43March 21, 2019 1:43 PM

R22 4Lz and 4A? Seems like a good way to fuck up free skate and say goodbye to medal.

R41 LOL if so, giving Nathan the score he deserved is a better way to keep Yuzuru close to 1st but they didn't.

by Anonymousreply 44March 21, 2019 1:46 PM

Bettina from Switzerland put Cha #27 in PCS. 31th in Interpretation

by Anonymousreply 45March 21, 2019 1:46 PM

R42 So why Vincent and Satoko has low PCS? We dont mind that Vincent has low PCS coz he is weaker. skater, but Satoko is amazing but her PCS is getting lower because of those URs. For instance if Zhou stopped doing UR, his PCS would increase immediately

by Anonymousreply 46March 21, 2019 1:47 PM

Uuuh what are you all talking about. Messed up jumps don't impact PCS. Jumps get judged by TES. That's how it is wtf

by Anonymousreply 47March 21, 2019 1:47 PM

R46 because judges are incompetent?

Satoko was under-rotating also when her PCS were higher

Zhou's PCS are already too high. He shouldn't score higher than Rizzo or Aymoz

by Anonymousreply 48March 21, 2019 1:50 PM

R48 "Messed up jumps don't impact PCS". Seriously/ Were you born yesterday?Maybe udges get judges by tes or base value? Mistakes impact performance , skating skills. And Hanyu had the best of that night with a pop.

R46. Of course, they are incompetent. Thats the meritum.Zhous PCsa are too high, yes, but for us, nor for judges. If he jumped clean, his pcs would increase for sure

by Anonymousreply 49March 21, 2019 2:00 PM

I guess I'm in the minority, but I don't find all of Satoko's PCS skills great. She's very slow and skates over the ice rather than skating deeply with strong edges. Her ice coverage is noticeably weak as well. I would give her very high PCS marks in areas like interpretation and performance.

by Anonymousreply 50March 21, 2019 2:04 PM

R16, Hanyu loves coming from behind, I should know

by Anonymousreply 51March 21, 2019 2:12 PM

R50 ????? She is the fastest skater of all girls right now. Especially in short. her short is too fast :) I dont know what you mean. If Satoko is slow what about Medviedeva?

by Anonymousreply 52March 21, 2019 2:12 PM

R49 calm down, take a breath, Subjective judging is a part of FS, we all get it. That’s why besides at the Olympics, most people don’t know it exists

by Anonymousreply 53March 21, 2019 2:13 PM

R49 if everything is judged by jumps what's the point of having TECS and PCS? That's why you see skaters splating but surviving because of PCS. It's fucking obvious judges overlook bad jumps while scoring PCS. That's why the they are so controversial amongst fans, no one agrees on elements like Performance because it's so subjective. But whatever, you're hell bent on this so I'm not even going to try change your mind. As you were.

by Anonymousreply 54March 21, 2019 2:14 PM

R53 I am calm, whats your problem? I am just pointing out your being biased. If Chen would get the best PCs with a pop , higher then clean Yuzu... believe me , you would go mad. I just find it funny

by Anonymousreply 55March 21, 2019 2:18 PM

R55 breath....breath....Chen did great

by Anonymousreply 56March 21, 2019 2:21 PM

*than

by Anonymousreply 57March 21, 2019 2:21 PM

On another note, not sure if it was already mentioned but Eric Radford was elected to the ISU Athletes Commission.

by Anonymousreply 58March 21, 2019 2:24 PM

R56 LOL I dont care. I care about James short. He was fantastic.Nathan, Yuzuru or Shoma could clean his shoes ;)

by Anonymousreply 59March 21, 2019 2:24 PM

R56. Nathan was good but still overscored. He should be first but 5 points lower.

by Anonymousreply 60March 21, 2019 2:26 PM

R58 but he is not coacheographer of best skaters except “ that one skater”

by Anonymousreply 61March 21, 2019 2:28 PM

Only 50 skaters bothered to vote in the Athlete commission election

well, it is better than Ice Dance where they barely got a candidate at all

by Anonymousreply 62March 21, 2019 2:32 PM

Protocols for y'all to argue over. Seeing the 2S* and 0.00 for Yuzu is kind of gross but unfortunately, he did what he did. Given that, the rest of his TES were mostly +4 and +5, while Chen despite his clean performance was scored kind of all over the place. The PCS I won't even get into because I don't have the energy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 63March 21, 2019 2:42 PM

Don't know why the main figure skating thread is so dead, so I'm joining this one. Thank God the frauness seems to have leveled here, and the cuntiness increased.

I'm so glad for guys like Kevin and Matteo to nail their quads, since I'm so sick of the JP-RU-US troika in singles. Also LIVING for the Bell/Lim drama!

by Anonymousreply 64March 21, 2019 2:49 PM

Dang, the Mariah/Eunsoo story made it to TMZ!

Maybe Mariah is an undercover bitch from hell, but if she's not and this was all some kind of big misunderstanding/fake news, I feel very sorry for her...those Korean antis are going to make her life miserable.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 65March 21, 2019 2:50 PM

It seems Aratunyan is saying the incident during warm up was not intentional.

by Anonymousreply 66March 21, 2019 2:51 PM

R52 Med has even bigger issues with PCS than Satoko, they've always been overmarked, especially this season as her skills decreased. Prior to this season she at least had intricate, difficult transitions. Her performance and interpretation were once strong points but felt diminished this season, however her performance quality improved in the SP at worlds.

by Anonymousreply 67March 21, 2019 2:54 PM

R66 where? Source?

by Anonymousreply 68March 21, 2019 2:57 PM

R64 that thread has always been slow.

by Anonymousreply 69March 21, 2019 2:59 PM

I heard Bell didn’t even apologize, that says a lot about her

by Anonymousreply 70March 21, 2019 3:01 PM

R68 Russian media

via Google translate

SAITAMA (Japan), March 21 - RIA Novosti, Elena Vaytsehovskaya. Coach Rafael Harutyunyan, under whose leadership Mariah Bell and Ynsu Lim work, commenting on what happened between figure skaters in rolling out, told RIA Novosti that they had never had any conflicts before in the training process and the American could not intentionally injure a South Korean athlete. Earlier, Yonhap reported that Bell deliberately injured Einsu Lim during rolling out before performing a short program at the World Championships held in Japan at the Saitama World Championships these days. According to the agency, an American woman drove too close to her Asian colleague and purposely injured her with a skate blade. As a result of the incident, Ince Lim required medical assistance. “The fact is that Mariah has a movement in this place of the program, which she very much pulls back her leg and pulls her out. So it turned out that she slightly struck the skate blade on Einsu Lim. Of course, it was not intentional,” said Harutyunyan correspondent agency.

by Anonymousreply 71March 21, 2019 3:03 PM

ISU statement

The ISU has been made aware of a statement published on March 20 by All-That Sports, and subsequently by the Korea Skating Union on March 21 about an incident which happened between Ms. Mariah Bell and Ms. Eun Soo Lim, during their practice on March 20 at the ISU World Figure Skating Championships.

The incident was verbally reported to the ISU by the Korean Team Leader however no formal complaint has been received.

Based on the evidence at hand at this point in time, which includes a video, there is no evidence that Ms. Bell intended any harm to Ms. Lim.

The ISU met with delegates from both USA and Korea and urged both parties to find an amicable solution. The ISU maintains that this remains the appropriate approach.

by Anonymousreply 72March 21, 2019 3:06 PM

https://sports.v.daum.net/v/20190321174052360 ISU meeting was held with representatives from KSU and USFSA. According to the USA officials Mariah was unaware her skate blade had hit Eunsoo and she apologised for the incident. The KSU official said they communicated the apology to Eunsoo (through her agency) and that the agency had accepted it. Both skaters are going to meet and sort things out after the free skate tomorrow. There was no mention of the allegations of bullying.

by Anonymousreply 73March 21, 2019 3:08 PM

R63 Calm down, breath... Yuzuru is able to win overall. i bet he will

by Anonymousreply 74March 21, 2019 3:12 PM

Won't it be awkward for them to be in the same warmup group tomorrow?

What if it turns out that ATS completely exaggerated all this "bullying" stuff? I'm just so leery of any story these days, like the whole Jussie Smollet hoax. If you are going to put this kind of thing out there, it's very dangerous in today's culture, so you'd better be able to back it up.

by Anonymousreply 75March 21, 2019 3:15 PM

R74 hey! Don’t take my schtick and tell others to breath. Lol.

How hard is it for bell to apologize in person after cutting someone

by Anonymousreply 76March 21, 2019 3:16 PM

Nathan overscore as fuck in PCS .How his stiff knee and hundred crossovers have same scores of skating skill as Hanyu who put lots of one foot skating and more difficult transitions. I'm watching sport or dancing on ice show. Nathan still have to lead because hanyu pop 4sal, But that PCS score is a joke to this sport. Some people here even said Hanyu overscored,excuse me , but do u really know figure skating. Do u know what is skating skill ,what is transition. In what world Nathan get 9+ in transitions same as Hanyu . Some comment said Hanyu pop 4S so he should be cut in PCS as a new rule, sure Jan , he can be cut in PCS under Performance score , but not with skating skill score,and of course not with transitions scores? his performance score was lower than Nathan, and this was a pop not a fall.

Hanyu still was underscored in his fucking back-counter same foot take off 3 axel , the fucking hardest entry to go with 3A, that only him can do in competitions in history of this joke sport.He got the highest 3A (70 cm)compare with other men and most difficult entry and whats with stupid GOE 3.43 . In beginning when ISU introduced 5 GOE systems they used his 3A to demonstrated how is +5 GOE for 3A should look like. And now what? They sure really want this show sport to be popular again in America

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 77March 21, 2019 3:44 PM

I'm on Team Eunsoo. Mariah should have apologized - but even before that, she should have stopped and understood it was a big deal and she should have been calling for help, acting like she felt awful about what just happened, etc. (now I haven't seen footage so I'll take it back, but if she just went blithely on with her practice, then fuck her.)

And look at them - a plain-Jane ageing-out has-been - and a much younger, prettier, up-and-comer - I mean, not that it's understandable, but it kind of suggests there could well be some major jealousy going on.

by Anonymousreply 78March 21, 2019 3:45 PM

R77 Breath , man , chill out. You are pathetic

by Anonymousreply 79March 21, 2019 3:48 PM

I'm not a regular on this thread, but the Mariah Bell story is the front headline on the Daily Mail right now. I don't think I've ever seen a figure skating story on the front of the Daily Mail website ever.

by Anonymousreply 80March 21, 2019 3:52 PM

You are absolutely right. It is joke of a 'sport' for a long time already. Save your nervous energy, nothing can be done about it. As for me I just see Hanyu as someone who has already transcended the sport itself (so fuck scores, and politicking and ISU bullshit). Just watch Hanyu's art and enjoy.

by Anonymousreply 81March 21, 2019 3:53 PM

Just when I thought the frauness had died down R77 came along.

by Anonymousreply 82March 21, 2019 3:57 PM

Wow, top billing on the DM site, that's nuts. I guess people really want to make a new Tonya & Nancy happen.

by Anonymousreply 83March 21, 2019 3:58 PM

I don't see how Lim can go back to Raf now. He came down clearly on one side - collision wasn't intentional and there haven't been problems during practices at home. The details of Lim's story aren't clear, but wasn't a big part of it that she was being bullied and they had to put the two in separate practice sessions etc.? Raf seems to be denying this.

by Anonymousreply 84March 21, 2019 3:59 PM

R77 Nice try, troll.

by Anonymousreply 85March 21, 2019 4:00 PM

R77 Hanyu's axel got 4 and 5 GOE and thats bad? I dont understand some ubers. Not only entry and hight counts . Also positions in the air, landings . his combo got 4 from some judges . Thats ridicolous. Nathan's goe was also overscored at times,sure.

by Anonymousreply 86March 21, 2019 4:05 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 87March 21, 2019 4:08 PM

Whoever would have guess that sweet little milquetoast Mariah Bell, of all skaters, would be embroiled in this kind of international controversy?

What has that cunt Dave Lease said about all of this?

by Anonymousreply 88March 21, 2019 4:10 PM

I wish they would publish the video. The photos of the practice shows plenty of people in the audience, so I wonder why there hasn't been a fancam out there already.

by Anonymousreply 89March 21, 2019 4:11 PM

The number of Koreans who think Mariah's pussy smells and she should die has reached almost 4500 in one post on her instagram.

by Anonymousreply 90March 21, 2019 4:15 PM

R90 Why have they not turned off comments on her IG?

by Anonymousreply 91March 21, 2019 4:17 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 92March 21, 2019 4:19 PM

Don't worry Mariah Bell, the Korean peoples are known for their ability to forgive and let things go.

by Anonymousreply 93March 21, 2019 4:21 PM

R91 Because I have her phone and I think the drama is just delicious.

by Anonymousreply 94March 21, 2019 4:22 PM

Holy shit, the story made the Washington Post as well.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 95March 21, 2019 4:26 PM

slashing lol

by Anonymousreply 96March 21, 2019 4:27 PM

part of the FreeSkating draw

The referee can't pronounce Kvitalashvili

why was Deniss wearing a kimono?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 97March 21, 2019 4:30 PM

Mariah's being labeled a racist on Instagram and Twitter, lol the insanity. Nancy/Tonya was pre- social media. Where is Mariah's PR person? It's too late to get ahead of this story, but at least try and do some damage control!

by Anonymousreply 98March 21, 2019 4:31 PM

R77. Agree. It is a joke. Reason I'm done once Hanyu retires.

by Anonymousreply 99March 21, 2019 4:38 PM

R98 I am Mariah's PR person and I have said to press a thousand times - fat American cow too lazy to bully or raise her hooves to slash the Oriental. What is problem here?

by Anonymousreply 100March 21, 2019 4:41 PM

Hanyus transisitions are Irina Bauer 90 % of the time. For years.

by Anonymousreply 101March 21, 2019 4:43 PM

There’s photos of the incident. Love the Japanese ignoring the “injured” Korean skater.

by Anonymousreply 102March 21, 2019 5:06 PM

Holy sh*&! American media is eating this up, its on all their major online news sites too- nbc, Newsweek, etc

by Anonymousreply 103March 21, 2019 5:36 PM

Jackie Wong said he was in the arena at the time but didn't notice anything unusual. Nor did he hear any gasps from the audience like you would if there was a serious collision.

by Anonymousreply 104March 21, 2019 5:40 PM

R103. Let them. Their guy Nathan will never ever be a two time Olympic champion. Sucks for them.

by Anonymousreply 105March 21, 2019 5:51 PM

R105 You idiot, he meanteun soo - maria. No gives a fuck about hanyu now

by Anonymousreply 106March 21, 2019 5:53 PM

R106 it takes an idiot to know another one.

by Anonymousreply 107March 21, 2019 5:57 PM

Pointing finger at you R106.

by Anonymousreply 108March 21, 2019 5:58 PM

R108 Yeah. I got it. You posted it once already. No everyone is not able to read carefully like you

by Anonymousreply 109March 21, 2019 6:00 PM

I'm perplexed - what's happened to the love affair between Uno and Meriguet? I was expecting ropes of 10s and +5s from the usual Meriguet orgasm over Uno. Has true love died? /sob

by Anonymousreply 110March 21, 2019 6:03 PM

R109. Here's the thing nobody's perfect. Make mistakes. But if someone wants to call someone an idiot for that then they are one as well. Like I said only an idiot knows other idiots.

by Anonymousreply 111March 21, 2019 6:09 PM

R109 Whats your problem? The world doesn not revolve around Hanyu. You are angry because Chan scored more then Yuzuru but anybody cares if Hanyu was underscored or not, or he has 2 Olys medals. Get a life

by Anonymousreply 112March 21, 2019 6:20 PM

R112 No, the world does not revolve under Hanyu. However, this thread with his name in the title does. If you're not a fan, why are you posting here instead of the general figure skating thread? Could it be because, with the notable exception of Hanyu, figure skating is boring as fuck now?

by Anonymousreply 113March 21, 2019 6:58 PM

R87, clearly the beginning of WW3. R100, thanks, I cackled

by Anonymousreply 114March 21, 2019 6:59 PM

R113 " with the notable exception of Hanyu, figure skating is boring as fuck now? " Hihi Hanyu is boring as well, on and off the ice. No skater nowadays has personality.

by Anonymousreply 115March 21, 2019 7:12 PM

There a video Bell slashing Eun something

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 116March 21, 2019 7:22 PM

I'm doing my best to change that but I'm only one girl, R115.

by Anonymousreply 117March 21, 2019 7:23 PM

R88 TSL posted a grainy video of the Bell/Lim incident.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 118March 21, 2019 7:26 PM

Looks from the video like Bell didn't even realize her blades had cut Lim.

by Anonymousreply 119March 21, 2019 7:34 PM

Now that I see that Mariah Bell's music was playing and she was practicing her program at the time I'm less inclined to believe it was intentional. She was doing her run-through and concentrating on that.

by Anonymousreply 120March 21, 2019 7:35 PM

Yet people were so quick to blame Mariah. I'm so mad at Lim's agency for giving such statements between SP and LP. It's actually Lim who is going to look bad in this, due to her agency.

by Anonymousreply 121March 21, 2019 7:39 PM

But she should apologize. Lim didnt get any so she didnt knew it was intentional or not. Thats marias fault and she can blame herself now. But if bullying took place earlier, maybe lim thought thast was intentional , especially when Bell didnt care

by Anonymousreply 122March 21, 2019 7:42 PM

so who will be Lim's coach next season?

by Anonymousreply 123March 21, 2019 7:44 PM

DL fave Jonathan Beyer has weighed in from his bathroom stall in Grenoble: "Creating this scandal has done nothing for these two skaters except ruin their worlds experience. A real error in judgement on the Korean Agency. Raf will have to make some tough calls. Who would want a garbage agency like that affiliated with his rink?!"

Also: "There is a video. It answers all the questions, which is why no one important in the sport believes this nonsense."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 124March 21, 2019 7:44 PM

Lim's people were really quick to bring up bullying accusations. It seems like they were ready to tear Bell down and were just looking for an excuse. Maybe this is a proxy hit on Raf?

by Anonymousreply 125March 21, 2019 7:46 PM

Phil Hersh is on a roll with the breaking news: "I have seen video, such as it is, of the Mariah Bell - Eunsoo Lim “incident.” Not having seen it live, not being able to ask the principals directly what happened and having seen the ISU statement that Bell “intended no harm,” I don’t know what else useful to say."

by Anonymousreply 126March 21, 2019 7:46 PM

is the number of openly gay skaters going down?

I think no-one in Single

2 pairs guys.

and a very glass closet in ice dance...

and that's it?

by Anonymousreply 127March 21, 2019 8:04 PM

R127

[quote]I think no-one in Single

Ahem. Do I have to set myself aflame like a Vietnamese Buddhist for you whores to get the message?

by Anonymousreply 128March 21, 2019 8:13 PM

Jason is just waiting for the right girl

by Anonymousreply 129March 21, 2019 8:41 PM

I cannot believe Jason Brown is first. WHERE is he getting points from? He doesn't even do a bloody quad!!! How can anyone not realize this is being rigged for him?!?!?!

by Anonymousreply 130March 21, 2019 8:45 PM

Kim is an Olympic hopeful, bell maybe not so much? Raf choice will be interesting

by Anonymousreply 131March 21, 2019 8:55 PM

R131 *lim

by Anonymousreply 132March 21, 2019 8:56 PM

R129 I totally agree. When I met Caroline, it felt so good and right, just like the uncut, well-hung Puerto Rican in the Wayne State library stacks back in the day.

by Anonymousreply 133March 21, 2019 8:59 PM

Bell and Lim skates back to back tomorrow

I hope Bell will fake a broken lace to delay everything

by Anonymousreply 134March 21, 2019 8:59 PM

The IceScope 3A data is very interesting; here is a list from Twitter user basevalue1. The size of Hanyu's Axel is obviously astounding-- covers TWO METERS more than Dr. Valtter's. No offense, Quad Doc. We know 3A is not your area of expertise.

Also interesting but unsurprising: Hanyu's speed is not as high as many of the others. He's actually sort of mid range, requiring only that much speed for that huge jump. He leaves ample room to add more speed to get the height and distance the quad will need. Messing will have a harder time of it because he's already at a higher speed with lower stats.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 135March 21, 2019 9:27 PM

R123 Obviously, she should go to me.

by Anonymousreply 136March 21, 2019 9:37 PM

I think the stats about Yuzuru’s speed out of 3A might be affected by his going into a twizzle immediately. I just wonder how they measure that speed...

by Anonymousreply 137March 21, 2019 9:38 PM

[quote] covers TWO METERS more than Dr. Valtter's. No offense, Quad Doc. We know 3A is not your area of expertise.

especially given Valtter did a 2A today

by Anonymousreply 138March 21, 2019 9:47 PM

R89 Fancams weren't allowed although TSL managed to get their hands on one. There were people tweeting the practices, but no one seemed to notice the actual collision, including media persons like Jackie. The photographers, at least from what they've shared, only captured the before and after.

R119 That's what Bell claims. She didn't know and wasn't informed after, so that's why she didn't apologize until now. That still leaves the bullying allegations. ATS says the home rink knew about it and took measures to separate the two, so it shouldn't be hard to verify if that's true. I want to know what Ponsart was talking about. Does this mean Lim will be going to Z? Maybe Ge will offer his services.

by Anonymousreply 139March 21, 2019 10:00 PM

R138 Maybe the data's from practice. It should all be 3As.

by Anonymousreply 140March 21, 2019 10:03 PM

R138 I don't know...Maierhofer also did a 2A today. But I don't think Maierhofer has a 3A yet. I don' t recall if Virtanen had it in his millennial career, but I don't think he has recently done it.

by Anonymousreply 141March 21, 2019 10:10 PM

[R130] Nobody cares enough to be rigging for Brown. The fed has moved on to younger skaters. But he has fantastic skating skills and a killer short program that shows them off. When he hits, he deserves the marks.

by Anonymousreply 142March 21, 2019 11:06 PM

R112 nobody is mad because Chen is first. He was overscored. I'm not surprised. I expected the judges to do that shit. Reason nobody takes this sport seriously. The judges have made it into a joke. You don't like Hanyu but are in this thread? But I'm the...... Nevermind.

by Anonymousreply 143March 21, 2019 11:08 PM

R143 I like Hanyu, but his stans make me sick

by Anonymousreply 144March 21, 2019 11:22 PM

Responding to some 30 comments up: are you my good folks engaging the daitroll - orcsome other trollin- again? Because I'm following a very one-sided exchange, lol, some troll doesn't seem to like our favorite ass? I mean skater?

Besides, telling people world doesn't revolve around Hanyu has always been MY shtick, I feel insulted.

by Anonymousreply 145March 21, 2019 11:23 PM

Oh , thread cop showed up. We missed you

by Anonymousreply 146March 21, 2019 11:27 PM

R145 Yes, people are engaging Daitroll for whatever reason and subjecting the rest of us to its psycho word salads, while bringing out the worst in the ubers.

by Anonymousreply 147March 21, 2019 11:28 PM

R144 Is definitely daitroll, he’s been on both sides and trolling all day and even trying to act like he’s other posters

by Anonymousreply 148March 21, 2019 11:29 PM

R145 I was called thread cop in the last thread, which I believe, is also your schtick, so you should be doubly insulted.

by Anonymousreply 149March 21, 2019 11:31 PM

R148 If you could read, youd find out that something , but you re too stupid

by Anonymousreply 150March 21, 2019 11:31 PM

R139 What is this about Lim and Tom Z? What have you heard?

by Anonymousreply 151March 21, 2019 11:36 PM

Hanyu was awful. Totally underserved scores.

by Anonymousreply 152March 21, 2019 11:36 PM

R149 It was not me who first called you like that in the last thread, but that poster was right. And I quessed It is you?, right? lol. So I am blocked by you or not? why you see my posts? Oh it seems you re liar

by Anonymousreply 153March 21, 2019 11:36 PM

r149 Nah, you're good, I'm happy to have influenced others, just not the daitroll.

by Anonymousreply 154March 21, 2019 11:38 PM

R149 Why you saw my R146 post , stinking liar if i am blocked by you?

by Anonymousreply 155March 21, 2019 11:39 PM

That guy was right. you re a miserable thread cop. Who are you to tell others who to block or not... I am not blocked by anyone here , because they talk to me lol and some troll shows up and make others aware with whom they talk to. What a fucking dumbass . And sudenlly EVERYONE( most probably his alter ego, because the other one only anwers along with him) realize "who I am" because some asshole knows for sure.. Loser .

by Anonymousreply 156March 21, 2019 11:44 PM

So, I see that there are 156 replies in this thread and the last I see is my own comment at #154. Either the people I blocked are duking it out or the daitroll is having a fit.

by Anonymousreply 157March 21, 2019 11:47 PM

R157 Are you 13 years old???Stop pretending that you blocked me. Yuu mentioned my post and what was in it. Actually no one care who you blocked. Believe me. Yuu can always pretends that you cannot see my posts , because you see them and you know wrote them, so stop that chidlish behaviour

by Anonymousreply 158March 21, 2019 11:51 PM

*who wrote them

by Anonymousreply 159March 21, 2019 11:53 PM

I don't see many comments either. I'm almost curious.

by Anonymousreply 160March 21, 2019 11:56 PM

Now suddenly we have so "many" people who don't see posts. Who is that troll?

by Anonymousreply 161March 21, 2019 11:57 PM

Christine Brennan weighed in on the Lim/Bell incident. I'm kind of feeling bad for both Lim and Bell at this point. Sure, the Korean mob has been crazy and I think it was an accident, but maybe there's something more going on at the rink that made Lim think it was intentional.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 162March 22, 2019 12:01 AM

Lim was close to the board AS SHE WAS SUPPOSED TO, right? She avoided other skaters.. Actually, she doesnt has to know EVERY part of the choreo Maria has to execute. If someone is close to you , you CANNOT perform it if theres a chance to hit someone.I understand that part of choreo Bell performed close to the board, but IF somone stand there ,you cannot hurt others becasue it is just YOUR TURN. It is rude. NO skater perform 100% of choreo during practises. It is impossible.Too many people around

by Anonymousreply 163March 22, 2019 12:11 AM

R162 I feel bad for both of them too. I don’t think Bell is a Harding who was too cheap to hire her boyfriend so cut her competition herself. I do think bell is a bit of an odd ball- did you not see her in the K&C at nationals FS?? Obviously there was some tension there for the KSF to say something. I also think when people say they know someone else’s intention- that’s kind of naive- no one know an intention but the individual who created the action- wow I sounded kind of deep.

by Anonymousreply 164March 22, 2019 12:23 AM

Does Med have a deal with Nike? I don't remember.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 165March 22, 2019 12:25 AM

R165 No, she doesn't. That's just her audition tape, filmed by famed documentarian, Misha Ge. (j/k I'm pretty sure she does have a Nike deal).

by Anonymousreply 166March 22, 2019 12:28 AM

R166 confirmed by her agency , yes to Nike and this article talks a lot about her finance

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 167March 22, 2019 12:34 AM

R165: Med hasn’t progressed from childhood. It is still sloppy. I want to root for her, but its such bad skating. I am hoping ZagMed ends soon.

by Anonymousreply 168March 22, 2019 12:34 AM

R160 I mean, if you're truly curious, you can always go to the ignored posts and read them. I did, and the experience was akin to walking through a psych ward cafeteria while the patients hurl feces and insults at you. If that's your thing, go for it!!

by Anonymousreply 169March 22, 2019 12:37 AM

R168 the only problem is they are eteri girls and eteri pipeline has the same skating skills. AND Russia kind of “runs” ISU which is why they always steal gold

by Anonymousreply 170March 22, 2019 12:44 AM

R169 You made it up very nice. And you answered to my post, not posting to me directly.You think nobody wont notice it? And it means you read my posts anyway. But you need explain yourself. You are dumb , seriously. And again , liar, ugly liar

by Anonymousreply 171March 22, 2019 12:47 AM

Absolutely scandalous that Hanyu is anywhere near the top after popping a jump in the short program. The COP needs to be reworked in order to repair such a gross loophole.

Remember when messing up a jump actually meant a penalty?

by Anonymousreply 172March 22, 2019 1:21 AM

I just hit blocked on Daitroll. I think it's the only troll here. All the posts from it are gone now.

by Anonymousreply 173March 22, 2019 2:28 AM

Popping a jump should incur a -10 penalty. So really he should be in 16th place.

by Anonymousreply 174March 22, 2019 2:32 AM

He must be getting on different computers cause he’s back. Everyone block... so we can have conversations.

by Anonymousreply 175March 22, 2019 2:55 AM

I hit block on R171. Who else is daitroll?

by Anonymousreply 176March 22, 2019 3:17 AM

R175 Nah, there is a difference between Daitroll and the ice dance queens who drop in here occasionally to protest Hanyu's failure to point his toes. I don't give a shit about them.

Anyway, thought it might warm your slutty hearts to hear the kind words that thread benefactress, Alexia Paganini, had for her loyal fans: "I’m very thankful for all your sweet messages and gifts. I’m sorry for disappointing you with my performance. I will remember this experience. Thank you for your unconditional support, see you next season ❤️"

WC2019 is all the poorer without her masterful, ground breaking la la land.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 177March 22, 2019 3:18 AM

Statement from USFigureSkating re Bell/Lim: “The athletes met this (Friday, Japan time) morning and good luck wishes were exchanged. Mariah is looking forward to competing tonight in the ladies free skate.”

So basically, "Good luck with the Korean mob, whore." and "Good luck with the nuclear bomb next door, once Raf ships you back, cunt."

by Anonymousreply 178March 22, 2019 3:25 AM

And that was it. Well, this is very disappointing and unsatisfactory.

by Anonymousreply 179March 22, 2019 3:37 AM

Nobody seems care Shoma got almost 45PCS for a perf with a fall on underrotated jump, no transitions. And his fans are screaming he was underscored. His 4F even when landed is heavily underrotated most of times but never got called.

by Anonymousreply 180March 22, 2019 3:45 AM

I don't know, R179. We're in the social media age now so I don't think this is the end of it. It's also a really odd statement. They only said good luck? Nothing else, along the lines of, say, I'm sorry I cut you like a bitch etc? And why is only Mariah looking forward to competing? Is Eun Soo not looking forward to it? Is Eun Soo sick and tired of Mariah's shit and not looking forward to competing with her fat ass in the FS?

by Anonymousreply 181March 22, 2019 3:45 AM

Speaking of my favorite orange-tipped goblin. I'm mesmerized by this video of him. Where do I sign up for the job to lightly caress a skater's ass. Will I need a written resume or can I just show them how good I am with my hands?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 182March 22, 2019 3:51 AM

R180 Well Shoma still got lower PCS than Nathan if that makes you feel better.

by Anonymousreply 183March 22, 2019 3:53 AM

Again, failed jumps don't affect PCS, that's the whole point of it.

by Anonymousreply 184March 22, 2019 3:59 AM

R182, yes and yes , and you have to interview with the Bro and make sure it hasn’t been massaged already

by Anonymousreply 185March 22, 2019 4:08 AM

Adam Rippon's mom has now weighed in, with some more footage of the Lim/Bell incident.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 186March 22, 2019 4:18 AM

R186 I call American spin and bs. When your skating that fast, how do you not feel a resistance when you hit someone. Lim was about as close to the boards as she could be, is she supposed to jump over the boards? There is still some responsibility for any skater especially when they have vision and others in their sight. There is something odd here.

by Anonymousreply 187March 22, 2019 4:46 AM

R184 but a serious mistake (fall) and lack of transitions did. But it seems not affect Shoma's PCS. He get overscored so many times that his scores when judged more fairly a bit looked low. The truth is he still got overscored on both TES and PCS yesterday.

R183 As for Nathan, his scores are too absurd for me to start a complaining discourse.

by Anonymousreply 188March 22, 2019 5:37 AM

R24 no, he stepped out of the 3f

R42 the guidelines say that, in regard to PCS, a serious error is an “ error that impacts the integrity / continuity / fluidity of the composition and/or its relation to the music” so neither underrotations nor pops should impact those scores provided that the skater is still able to make the jump look good.

R63 the only terrible scoring was on Chen’s 3axel and footwork. Chen has a long prep + one of the smallest axels in the field and it was landed a little forward but a bunch of judges gave him 4’s and his footwork doesn’t have deep edges or deceleration so shouldn’t have gotten higher than a 3 (per guideline bullets). The Chen ubers are bitching that Hanyu should have gotten lower PCS but the judges deducted quite a lot for the pop even though the rules don’t say they have to. The Hanyu ubers are bitching about Chen’s PCS being too high but this is one of his rare programs that actually does have choreography.

R70 r78 There’s a video that shows Bell clearly felt the impact because you could see her free leg sort of jerk right after she cut Lim but just kept going as if nothing happened. The cut was likely unintentional and it was half Lim’s fault for being in the path, but it never looks good when someone doesn’t care that they hurt someone else. There should still have been an apology at the very least.

R92 I’ll never understand why Nancy was regarded as a great beauty. She’s just as horse faced as Bradie Tennell. Bradie at least seems like she’s nice.

R107 r113 best just to block r106 and move on. Daitroll must have gotten a new device - would explain why she disappeared for a while. She’s mildly entertaining at first for the level of crazy she brings but the same old schtick gets boring and it’s pretty obvious she doesn’t actually know anything about skating. For those of you from the other thread, she’s the crazy P/C fan that you guys all blocked.

R127 People shouldn’t be required to attention whore to be considered “out”. I wouldn’t accuse Cizeron of being in any type of closet when he’s posting public couples pictures. Raya has pics of him kissing or cuddling his boyfriend.

R168 pretty sure Zag/Med will be done next year. Question is will they both get ousted by the kids?

R172 Hanyu spotted the field about 16.5 points with that pop. It’s not IJS’s fault that most of the field choked yesterday.

by Anonymousreply 189March 22, 2019 5:54 AM

here's the video of Bell cutting Lim. The board blocks the slash, but you can see Bell shaking her leg as she skates away

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 190March 22, 2019 6:00 AM

The injury didn't look intentiona,l but it was negligent for Bell to be skating so close to Lim as if she weren't even there. It's not like that area was so crowded, and even if so, Bell should've been paying more attention to her surroundings. Is she that stuck on herself and oblivious?

by Anonymousreply 191March 22, 2019 8:17 AM

R177, thank you for posting that touching and beautiful statement from our favorite skater. I'm sitting here crying as I watch the first group of ladies because our beloved Alexia Pagnini hasn't claimed her rightful place there. I need to see her gliding across the ice in her Emma Stone clone blue dress to feel all is right in the world.

by Anonymousreply 192March 22, 2019 8:49 AM

20 10s for Papadakis/Cizeron

there was a general orgasm on the judges tables

they were very nice with everybody. Also the Tech Panel was giving out key points during the Tango Romantica patterns like candies.

17 out of 20 who made the FS got a SB score.

by Anonymousreply 193March 22, 2019 8:52 AM

Ladies judges

compared to SP

out: China, Latvia, Great Britain, Estonia,

in: Austria, Taiwan, South Korea, Germany

stay: Kazakhstan, Slovenia, Czech Republica, USA, Norway

by Anonymousreply 194March 22, 2019 8:56 AM

not flying pig on ice

by Anonymousreply 195March 22, 2019 9:34 AM

More on the Bell-Lim drama by Ponsart (Bell's boyfriend)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 196March 22, 2019 9:35 AM

Ge's student needs to lay off on the heavy eye makeup and lipstick.

by Anonymousreply 197March 22, 2019 9:39 AM

oooh it's Misha Ge!

by Anonymousreply 198March 22, 2019 9:44 AM

Love me some Leona Hendrickx.

by Anonymousreply 199March 22, 2019 10:05 AM

Forget my sister...concentrate on my qualities

and don't forget my Titanic program!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 200March 22, 2019 10:08 AM

the coach-boyfriend of the Slovenian girl is good looking

the thing he is basically a fitness coach...and he didn't have a clue about figure skating before meeting her...

so she basically trains herself in terms of skating specific features...

she does her own choreography

I guess they don't have a lot of budget in Slovenia.

Glad she managed to qualify for the FS

by Anonymousreply 201March 22, 2019 10:16 AM

Bradie Tennell looks more relaxed on warmup today. She and Mariah are going to need to be 110% if they have any prayer of gaining back the 3 spots for the US.

Rika Kihira is tossing out triple axels like they're nothing.

by Anonymousreply 202March 22, 2019 10:41 AM

let's see if Daleman keeps the 2 spots for Canada....because Chartrand is not going to help

by Anonymousreply 203March 22, 2019 10:44 AM

She didn't have any more energy in the last minute

by Anonymousreply 204March 22, 2019 10:48 AM

TES held. I thought she was getting an UR on the 2A+3T combo.

Into the lead...Ithanks to PCS

It is enough for 2 spots

by Anonymousreply 205March 22, 2019 10:51 AM

Daleman was on fire in the first half, had a stepout and then popped 2 jumps but recovered in step seq. Not a meltdown but whether she makes top 10 is unknown.

by Anonymousreply 206March 22, 2019 10:51 AM

Gabby's effort was admirable given all the struggles she's faced this season. She just didn't have the conditioning to finish as strong after not training for so long.

She did just enough to keep 2 spots for Canada. They should send her a gift basket and a spa weekend in thanks.

by Anonymousreply 207March 22, 2019 10:51 AM

R206 Daleman only needed to be top 12 for the 2 spots, I think.

by Anonymousreply 208March 22, 2019 10:52 AM

Chartrand will count as 16.

So Daleman needs 12 to stay within 28 points limit

by Anonymousreply 209March 22, 2019 10:52 AM

Tennel had a great skate, she'll be close to 150 if they don't call anything.

by Anonymousreply 210March 22, 2019 10:57 AM

What a great job by Bradie Tennell. I still don't like this program, but this is the first time I saw her truly commit to the performance of it all season. Makes me wonder what might've been if not for all the undue focus on the 3lutz/3loop combo.

by Anonymousreply 211March 22, 2019 10:57 AM

213, new SB, for a very solid Tennell

by Anonymousreply 212March 22, 2019 10:59 AM

toilette break now

by Anonymousreply 213March 22, 2019 11:00 AM

Ah, Bradie made me cry. So happy for her.

by Anonymousreply 214March 22, 2019 11:01 AM

R213 = Dick Button

by Anonymousreply 215March 22, 2019 11:02 AM

this program is choreographed by the technical specialist

by Anonymousreply 216March 22, 2019 11:03 AM

but who cares!

by Anonymousreply 217March 22, 2019 11:03 AM

I keep thinking my phone is ringing every time the axel cam makes its noise.

by Anonymousreply 218March 22, 2019 11:06 AM

Why did Sofia's 3flip get 0 points?

She must be nervous for worlds. Normally I find her Sofia entertaining to watch, but she was really stiff here in the short and long programs.

by Anonymousreply 219March 22, 2019 11:12 AM

Bradie Tennell slay count - 1

by Anonymousreply 220March 22, 2019 11:15 AM

Satoko first. 2 points ahead of Bradiue

by Anonymousreply 221March 22, 2019 11:22 AM

Satoko is lucky this comp was in Japan. Her performance was great but she should've been called for multiple URs.

by Anonymousreply 222March 22, 2019 11:22 AM

Kira fell on the second 3A

by Anonymousreply 223March 22, 2019 11:23 AM

72.4 were her PCS in the GP Final. Without the fall.

what will she get today?

by Anonymousreply 224March 22, 2019 11:29 AM

That probably wasn't enough, unfortunately. Beautiful 3A/3T combo at the beginning, but she's going to need multiple mistakes from the top skaters for any hope of winning.

by Anonymousreply 225March 22, 2019 11:29 AM

by Anonymousreply 226March 22, 2019 11:30 AM

My stream stopped working after Rika. Where are you guys watching?

by Anonymousreply 227March 22, 2019 11:33 AM

R176 What you mean who else? I have only one IP. and I am not Daitroll. If you had that person blocked, so it is not me

by Anonymousreply 228March 22, 2019 11:35 AM

I dont get PCS . Satoko has the same as Rika? joke. She is so juniorish, and yes , she has 3a3t from time to time, but today she performed 3l2t and 3l3t3l and 82 TES?

by Anonymousreply 229March 22, 2019 11:37 AM

R228 here

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 230March 22, 2019 11:40 AM

Thanks R230.

by Anonymousreply 231March 22, 2019 11:44 AM

I guess Med is back? Until the 3As burst on the scene next year, anyway.

by Anonymousreply 232March 22, 2019 11:46 AM

Medvedva into the lead

by Anonymousreply 233March 22, 2019 11:46 AM

by 0.31

by Anonymousreply 234March 22, 2019 11:46 AM

Beautiful program by Mariah Bell. Too bad she lacks the tech content to be truly competitive at the top level.

by Anonymousreply 235March 22, 2019 11:52 AM

the GOE that Satako and Med get on their shittastic cheated jumps is absolutely criminal. Meds 2A was nearly a full rotation cheated and didn't get called. That is bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 236March 22, 2019 11:54 AM

Bradie Tennell slay count- 2, unfortunately slaying her teammate doesn't help much for 3 spots. Oh well.

by Anonymousreply 237March 22, 2019 11:56 AM

Trial by God in favor of Mariah Bell.

by Anonymousreply 238March 22, 2019 12:00 PM

Bell beats Lim

by Anonymousreply 239March 22, 2019 12:02 PM

I preferred Mariah today. Roast my Instagram, Korea.

by Anonymousreply 240March 22, 2019 12:03 PM

We want the split judge by judge on Bell vs Lim

by Anonymousreply 241March 22, 2019 12:05 PM

Sakamoto's knees looked so tight, I knew it was just a matter of time until she made a mistake. :-( Good fight all in all, but I think she just gifted Med a world medal.

by Anonymousreply 242March 22, 2019 12:09 PM

med 223.9

kira 223.49

sakamoto 222.83

by Anonymousreply 243March 22, 2019 12:11 PM

Let's see if Zag can hold it together.

by Anonymousreply 244March 22, 2019 12:11 PM

Props to Zagitova for staying on her feet.

by Anonymousreply 245March 22, 2019 12:16 PM

Tursy landed the Quad.

Japan left out of the podium now?

by Anonymousreply 246March 22, 2019 12:20 PM

HOLY SHIT

by Anonymousreply 247March 22, 2019 12:20 PM

Tursy second

1) Zag

2) Tursy

3) Med

by Anonymousreply 248March 22, 2019 12:26 PM

Trail by God in favour of Eteri Tutberidze.

by Anonymousreply 249March 22, 2019 12:28 PM

Tursy got second!!!! Love it!

by Anonymousreply 250March 22, 2019 12:28 PM

After all the drama this season, who'd have thought Zag and Med would end up on the podium together again, Japan would get no world medals, and Lilbet would be landing quads and on the podium? Now Zag can retire happy anyway, she's won all the major events.

by Anonymousreply 251March 22, 2019 12:28 PM

jesus Medviedeva had UR , why it wasnt called?

by Anonymousreply 252March 22, 2019 12:29 PM

Judges were quite generous with evgenia from my screen..... I'm over the moon for Tursy tho !!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 253March 22, 2019 12:30 PM

Finally figured out who Zag reminds me of--her smile is very similar to Dorothy Hamill's. She really is a knockout.

by Anonymousreply 254March 22, 2019 12:30 PM

Med's scoring is the same as always--over, over rated.

by Anonymousreply 255March 22, 2019 12:31 PM

R253, I'll never understand the judges' love affair with Med. But given that she was pretty clean in both programs and there were lots of errors (in either SP or LP) from the skaters below her, I don't have any huge issues with her final placement.

by Anonymousreply 256March 22, 2019 12:34 PM

Pressing questions, ladies edition:

Now that she's won everything, should Zag's next career move be modelling or dog lifestyle Instagram influencer?

Did Lilbet just own the 3As by landing the quad at worlds first? Did Eteri also just own Orser, or did he get her back with Med's bronze?

Will Kihira ever manage a triple axel in the short program?

Can Japan get over the pain of having no ladies' medalists?

What will Canada gift Daleman for saving their second spot?

How many new hate comments will Bell get on her Instagram for beating Eunsoo?

by Anonymousreply 257March 22, 2019 12:50 PM

Eteri just kicked Orser's ass. I like Brian but he deserved it for those comments he made about her.

I also have to say that both Brian & Tracy clearly did not do well by Tursy if Eteri could take her so far so quickly.

by Anonymousreply 258March 22, 2019 12:54 PM

Protocols

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 259March 22, 2019 1:10 PM

Judge 3 and 9 only -3 for Rika's fall

2A by Med was called under

Judge 3 gave a -1 to Tursy's quad after a -3 to RIka's fallen 3A

by Anonymousreply 260March 22, 2019 1:12 PM

LOL.

South Korea judged voted Bell over Lim in PCS. well, expect 1, I think all other judges marked Bell higher

by Anonymousreply 261March 22, 2019 1:14 PM

Seems like med injured her hip during warm up

by Anonymousreply 262March 22, 2019 1:18 PM

To be fair the tech panel was incredibly lenient the whole event, they didn't call anything.

by Anonymousreply 263March 22, 2019 1:29 PM

R258: Eteri isn’t responsible for that quad.

by Anonymousreply 264March 22, 2019 2:08 PM

I hope the Zag retires after this. I just can’t take both of Zagmed’s ugly skating and overscoring in one event.

by Anonymousreply 265March 22, 2019 2:46 PM

Alina is just so blah to me...nice girl but zero charisma. She always just looks like she is going through the motions. Though I feel somewhat the same way about Tursynbaeva.

by Anonymousreply 266March 22, 2019 2:55 PM

This podium is the reason why no one enjoys watching figure skating anymore.

by Anonymousreply 267March 22, 2019 2:58 PM

World Championship Medalist Choreographer

by Anonymousreply 268March 22, 2019 3:00 PM

Med's 2019-20 FS will be Memoirs of a Geisha

by Anonymousreply 269March 22, 2019 3:09 PM

But Med got flutz , it was not called!!Whats more she got +2.11 for it.. +3, 4 GOE and even one +5 goe. Pathetic. Whole season judges called it, now not, even in Japan. Russian Federation pays much

by Anonymousreply 270March 22, 2019 3:13 PM

Memories of a geisha. Love it but I don't really see her fiton it Killerr look won't fit that kind of deep music

by Anonymousreply 271March 22, 2019 3:17 PM

German judge put Mariah Bell second in PCS With a 9.50 in Interpretation

by Anonymousreply 272March 22, 2019 3:17 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 273March 22, 2019 3:19 PM

Is Tursynbaeva the new queen now

by Anonymousreply 274March 22, 2019 3:35 PM

R266, no charisma? Just put my good looks next to my cute dog, and my future is served.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 275March 22, 2019 3:35 PM

Those eyebrows are fabulous. She could get into make-up as well, she once said she loves it.

by Anonymousreply 276March 22, 2019 3:39 PM

If eyebrows are all that matters, then where's my gold medal?

by Anonymousreply 277March 22, 2019 3:44 PM

R264 Hi Brian!

by Anonymousreply 278March 22, 2019 3:44 PM

R277 I hear you. No one appreciates a good sharpie eyebrow nowadays.

by Anonymousreply 279March 22, 2019 3:48 PM

The judging has been a fucking mess. No doubt there's corruption/fed politicking etc., but I think the main problem is judges just don't know what to do with all the things they have to decide on. They're old and tired and there are just too many buttons to push. Maybe they should have a separate panel for PCS so each panel is focusing on different things.

by Anonymousreply 280March 22, 2019 3:53 PM

I think they once tested the "2 panels" solution at Nebelhorn Trophy. Also someone (Netherlands, IIRC) proposed it at Congress last season but it was voted down.

The Dutch proposal was only for ISU Championships, meaning they wouldn't require International events (some of them probably struggling with budget) to find and pay more judges

by Anonymousreply 281March 22, 2019 4:04 PM

R281 How did the 2 panels thing work out at Nebelhorn?

R275 That dog looks like an attention whore and a slut.

by Anonymousreply 282March 22, 2019 4:10 PM

if you want to see the faces of judtes

Ladies SP here at Worlds

from 3.39 you can see the presentation of the panel

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 283March 22, 2019 4:12 PM

it was Nebelhonr 2014

that's how it worked:

The two judging panels will be selected by the Technical Committees and will be trained at a one-day seminar before the start of the event.

 The panel will consist of 12 judges

 GOE is evaluated by 5 judges

 Four of these 5 Judges also evaluate one component different from the components evaluated by the other of these 4 Judges  The 5 components are also evaluated by the remaining 7 judges

- Each of these 7 judges is evaluating only 3 components

- The assignment of these components is done so that each component is finally evaluated with 5 scores.  The final result is calculated according to the current ISU system using the trimmed mean of the GOE and components scores.

by Anonymousreply 284March 22, 2019 4:20 PM

The Men SP protocol with that method

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 285March 22, 2019 4:21 PM

Which one of the men yelled in Boyang's ear during practice? When do we get an update on the Lim-Bell situation?

Useless news:

Ge went into the warmup room while Hanyu (who either didn't notice or ignored Ge) was there, briefly chatted with some lady skater (not one of his "students" I think) and just silently stared at Hanyu for some time, then left.

Kozuka and Ando are commentating for JSports... via twitter.

Yagudin was doing a report on the food stalls and the status of the line to the ladies washroom, and randomly interviewing people who were eating.

Ladies GOE for jumps, spins, step sequences and choreo:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 286March 22, 2019 4:34 PM

R284 R285 Thank you for this. I'll have to look at it more closely later, but just looking at the protocols (and without seeing the performances), the scores look a little more consistent to me. Of course there are judges that are more strict (like J7), but they are strict for all competitors. If there are 12 judges, that's just 3 more than on a regular panel. I wish they would test drive this approach in a few competitions at least. The current system has to change.

by Anonymousreply 287March 22, 2019 4:35 PM

Brian reached orgasm from Medflation.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 288March 22, 2019 4:39 PM

Dutch Fed proposed this last summer

Judges will mark Grade of Execution (GOE) and Program Components.

b. For all ISU Events and the (Youth) Olympic Winter Games the panel of Judges will be split as follows:

i. Five (5) [for Junior and Senior Grand Prix] to seven (7) Judges [for ISU Championships and (Youth) Olympic Winter Games] will mark only GOE.

ii. Five (5) [for Junior and Senior Grand Prix] to seven (7) Judges [for ISU Championships and (Youth) Olympic Winter Games] will mark only Program Components.

iii. If the number of Judges entered for a Junior Grand Prix is fewer than ten (10) for one discipline (e.g. in Ice Dance), it is acceptable to work with fewer Judges, but no less than three (3) for GOE and/or Co mpo ne nts.

iv. The draw whether a judge is assigned to judge GOE or Program Components will be made 45 minutes prior to the start of each Segment.

v. Each individual Judge will be acting in each Segment.

.... as at Euros and Worlds there are already 13 judges....it wouldn't cost too much as it is only adding one more

by Anonymousreply 289March 22, 2019 4:40 PM

R287 eccentric Yagudin is my favorite Yagudin. R288 lmao that's gross.

by Anonymousreply 290March 22, 2019 4:42 PM

R288: blocked forever!!!

Aren’t they embarrassed by what ladies skating has become? Both coaches looking that shocked isn’t a compliment to the skater

by Anonymousreply 291March 22, 2019 4:48 PM

Speaking of Lim, here she is with Raf at the end of her FS. I don't have the whole clip, but they didn't seem to talk to each other at all during the K&C.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 292March 22, 2019 4:53 PM

I just talk to skaters when I have to compare them with animals

by Anonymousreply 293March 22, 2019 4:54 PM

R286 Those charts piss me off. It is not at all what I saw out there on the ice.

by Anonymousreply 294March 22, 2019 4:56 PM

I don’t speak language of hippo.

by Anonymousreply 295March 22, 2019 4:57 PM

R269 I thought this was a joke. It isn't. I hope she goes out in white face. Will JDC survive this? I'm concerned.

by Anonymousreply 296March 22, 2019 5:10 PM

After training under Eteri, I deeply know the pain and suffering that Geishas felt.

by Anonymousreply 297March 22, 2019 5:17 PM

Med should be skating to Hunchback of Notre Dame or a truck driver anthem.

by Anonymousreply 298March 22, 2019 5:20 PM

R297 Would you say you're more of a Pumpkin or a Sayuri?

by Anonymousreply 299March 22, 2019 5:21 PM

Can someone explain how Kazakhstan gets 3 spots for ladies next year? I thought two competitors had to have 13 points or less, and I don't see any other KAZ skaters in the top 11.

by Anonymousreply 300March 22, 2019 5:22 PM

The judging is a joke for everyone. Except for. U.S. skaters and Russia skaters. I'm worried about Hanyu tomorrow. I don't want him to go in being reckless. I really don't even care if he wins. I want him to have the origin performance he's been looking for. Finish with a smile on his face. He must know the judges are on crack this competition. Or hitting the bottle while judging the performances. I just don't want Hanyu to hurt himself trying to make up ground.

by Anonymousreply 301March 22, 2019 5:22 PM

Memoirs of a hunchback truck stop waitress.

by Anonymousreply 302March 22, 2019 5:22 PM

R269, yawn

by Anonymousreply 303March 22, 2019 5:27 PM

Oh but will it be choreographed by world medalist choreographer Misha Ge?? So exciting!

by Anonymousreply 304March 22, 2019 5:29 PM

R301 I think he will be fine. Whatever happens his performance will be the biggest thrill of the night. I'm looking forward to it.

by Anonymousreply 305March 22, 2019 5:31 PM

R300 if you have only one competitor it is

top 2: 3 spots

3-10: 2 spots

11-etc: 1 spot

by Anonymousreply 306March 22, 2019 5:34 PM

Maybe 2 of the Eteri juniors can become a Kazakh

by Anonymousreply 307March 22, 2019 5:36 PM

I don't know a lot about the Lim/Bell fiasco, but the North American superiority and pile-on are starting to grate.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 308March 22, 2019 5:41 PM

I think if Hanyu goes clean, he's got this in the bag, so he better not take silly risks, for the sake of his remaining ligaments. Surely what we've seen today means the ladies were sacrificed for the men. We are still in Japan and most of that crowd are here to see him after all. The only question for me is how bad his ankle is really, enough to even worry about jumps he had no issues with recently, like the 4s? But of course his team is very secretive, and we won't find out anytime soon.

by Anonymousreply 309March 22, 2019 5:43 PM

Med should skate to that infamous Japanese art house porn - In the Realm of the Senses. Then her open-mouthed skating would actually make sense.

by Anonymousreply 310March 22, 2019 5:46 PM

Thanks R300. I'm 35, used to skate, and can run a 5k in 30 minutes on the treadmill. Think I can convince Kazakhstan to agree to let me represent them in 2020? Assuming I get those nasty tech minimums, of course.

by Anonymousreply 311March 22, 2019 5:53 PM

R311 you can

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 312March 22, 2019 5:54 PM

R310, yes but that would still take maturity to interpret, which she doesn't have

by Anonymousreply 313March 22, 2019 5:55 PM

I'm going to Worlds next year!!!! But first, I might have to go to Mentor Cup or Cup of Tyrol or whatever cup you go to to get the TES.

by Anonymousreply 314March 22, 2019 6:01 PM

R308 if this is an example of skating culture, then they have no consideration of teenage kids and don’t even know that they are bullying

by Anonymousreply 315March 22, 2019 6:11 PM

R315 It's not just that - it's the fact that there might be a larger context here that we don't know anything about. They're setting up a straw man argument - two skaters accidentally colliding - and acting like that's all there is here. Whether or not it's true, Lim and her team are saying there's more to this.

Does anyone remember whether the original reports of slashing/stabbing came from the tabloids/news reports or did Lim's agency also describe it dramatically in their statements?

by Anonymousreply 316March 22, 2019 6:22 PM

R312 Huh. She's not bad at all. More pleasant to watch than certain very successful others. I like that layback position at the end.

by Anonymousreply 317March 22, 2019 6:27 PM

R317 she finished last. She is still round, I think. But minimums for Worlds were too diffiult.

by Anonymousreply 318March 22, 2019 6:31 PM

R311 Darling, you left out the most important info. How much do you weigh?

by Anonymousreply 319March 22, 2019 6:40 PM

That bitch Med needs to stop stalking my programs and copying me. What will be her SP next year, something from Yentl?

Emmi P.

2018-2019 Memoirs of a Geisha FS 2016-2017 Libertango SP 2014-2015 A movie soundtrack SP 2012-2013 Something from Chopin SP

by Anonymousreply 320March 22, 2019 7:02 PM

R308 Well, basically all skaters know it was an accident and Eunsoo was in the way during Mariah's run through. Eunsoo's agency made a really stupid move by a) creating the controversy and b) publishing it during Worlds. What coach in their right mind will touch Eunsoo now, when they can't know if their reputation could be threatened by ATS sending out ridiculous press releases?

by Anonymousreply 321March 22, 2019 7:12 PM

R321 Eunsoo was not on her way. She was very close to the board, as she was supposed to. She doesnt has to know every part of Maria's choreo. Maria was rude. She saw SOMEONE standing close to the board so she could avoid that person.

by Anonymousreply 322March 22, 2019 7:21 PM

Is this Ge’s official ringside uniform?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 323March 22, 2019 7:23 PM

R322 You're right; she's wasn't in Mariah's way at all. And I find it hard to believe that Mariah didn't notice that her foot hit something.

One thing I noticed about Mariah this season is that the way she behaved in the K&C with Raf was different--she seemed to be teasing, almost flirting with him. I didn't think much of it at the time but now I wonder if she wasn't going out of her way to curry favor with him. In any case, I wouldn't be surprised if there was tension between her and his other female skaters. Even Yuzu and Javi apparently had their stressful moments with each other.

by Anonymousreply 324March 22, 2019 7:28 PM

R324 God, there was tension like you wouldn't believe. But we found creative ways to release it.

by Anonymousreply 325March 22, 2019 7:31 PM

R324 Yeah, you cannot hurt someone no matter what, because it is your turn. Maria had ocassion to hurt her and she did it. Maria couldnt has to move her leg so widely because she KNEW that someone stand there. It could be anyone. And I find it strange that she didnt apologized to her. No skater perform whole program in 100%. during practices . Too many people around. So saying that Maria is innocent is pathetic

by Anonymousreply 326March 22, 2019 7:37 PM

Skating order for men's. I'm relying on the hilarious play-by-play posters here. There's no way I can watch this live.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 327March 22, 2019 7:43 PM

1 Hanyu 2 Chen 3 Uno Mark my words

by Anonymousreply 328March 22, 2019 7:48 PM

R285 I looked at the protocols you posted again, and you know what else struck me? The numbers for components actually vary. Some skaters are stronger in performance and interpretation than say, skating skills or transitions, and you can see different numbers for those components here. Compare that to the Men's SP at GPF 2018 (I just randomly selected this). See, no range in the PCS numbers. If a judge decides someone is in the high 8/9 range for PCS, all their numbers will be the same even if they are stronger in some areas than others.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 329March 22, 2019 7:58 PM

R322 and R323 why are you here when you clearly don't know anything about figure skating? Eunsoo a) should have known Mariah's program and b) jumped over the boards if necessary. She wasn't paying attention, standing with her back to the skater running through her program.

by Anonymousreply 330March 22, 2019 8:06 PM

Take Brezina for example - his PCS in 2014 Nebelhorn were: SS 7.50; TR 6.50; PE 7.17; CH 7.08; IN 6.75. His scores at GPF 2018: SS 8.71; TR 8.29; PE 8.75; CH 8.61; IN 8.71.

by Anonymousreply 331March 22, 2019 8:09 PM

R330 Romain, how is it possible that Didier freed up your mouth long enough to come here to defend your cabbage patch gf honor?

by Anonymousreply 332March 22, 2019 8:12 PM

I can't remember if I hate more Ponsart or Aymoz. And I can't remember the reasons. But I will try to piss them off anyway.

by Anonymousreply 333March 22, 2019 8:14 PM

r330, you must be talking to the daitroll at 322, and we know very well it isn't here to talk about skating, just to make you waste your time. Just block it and carry on with more sensible people.

by Anonymousreply 334March 22, 2019 8:17 PM

R322 is the troll, R330

by Anonymousreply 335March 22, 2019 8:18 PM

R330 What you mean? I dont know anything about figure skating? You are american, I suppose? And you feel offended?Sorry, you cannot hurt someone NO MATTER WHAT . Maria in that part of program is very close to the board , yes . but korean didnt has to know it . she didnt realize it. You think she was standing there for purpose?Gimme a break.

by Anonymousreply 336March 22, 2019 8:23 PM

R335 You are the biggest troll of all here

by Anonymousreply 337March 22, 2019 8:25 PM

A crazy, broken clock can be right twice a day I guess because I agree with Daitroll here - you guys expect Lim to jump up on the boards to avoid a skater she can't see behind her? I understand Bell was doing her rt, and while skaters are generally expected to get out of the person's way and be aware of them, Lim doesn't have eyes in the back of her head and was just skating close to the boards minding her own business. It wasn't as if she was actively pursuing Bell and getting in her way.

by Anonymousreply 338March 22, 2019 8:25 PM

To clarify, I agree with the one thing Daitroll said that R335 referenced. I have no idea what other shit it's been spewing.

by Anonymousreply 339March 22, 2019 8:31 PM

And I believe Eunsoo that Maria COULD bully her. Thats why she made of that situation a shitstorm. Maybe she has enough?No one behaves like Maria. It was rude.And whats more Bell didnt apologize to Korean

by Anonymousreply 340March 22, 2019 8:42 PM

r340: Maria is the best skater ever. She transcends gold— the universe. It’s like Maria doesn’t exist.

by Anonymousreply 341March 22, 2019 8:50 PM

Doubt it was intentional, but why would she skate so close to the barrier when eunsoo was there though? Its almost threatening. I can see why she would be threatened, shes old and her ceiling is low and this little girl whos not even american is taking coaching time away from her.

Why would anybody even care, Mariah’s been around forever she is a frigging grandma in figure skating years, only reason she is here is because of the vacuum created by the imploded promise of Gracie Gold, Karen Chen and Polina Edmund. She is filler material only, the opening act, except there is, no main star in the US that is a headliner. Hopefully hanna harell and ting cui will be more exciting, even if they probably wont be as good as the russian quad queens or the triple axel girl japanese girls. Shes not going to be anybody more than she is right now,

by Anonymousreply 342March 22, 2019 8:51 PM

I wouldnt say it was intentional, but I think Bell...(in other words ) didnt mind ;)

by Anonymousreply 343March 22, 2019 9:03 PM

Any comments on this? If true. It's sickening but not surprising.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 344March 22, 2019 9:28 PM

R344 hmm? They just say that without explanation and/or proof

by Anonymousreply 345March 22, 2019 9:55 PM

SP PCS compared to season best ()

Chen 46.42 (44.64)

Brown 46.15 (45.75)

Hanyu 46.71 (48.09 )

Zhou 41.68 (42.25)

Rizzo 40.96 (39.55)

Uno 44.89 (46.50)

Aymoz 40.15 (41.04 )

Brezina 41.57 (43.07)

Jin 39.89 (42.32)

Kolyada 43.08 (46.44)

Cha 39.86 (42.81=

Tanaka 39.53 (40.49)

by Anonymousreply 346March 22, 2019 10:13 PM

r344 The panel is rigged towards Nathan Chen, not against the Japanese. Boohoo, they called Uno's UR.

by Anonymousreply 347March 22, 2019 10:19 PM

The 4 new judges for the Men FS will be Turkey, Georgia, China and Poland

by Anonymousreply 348March 22, 2019 10:38 PM

I'm glad the judges didn't go out of their way to prop up the Japanese skaters. Watching worlds live online has been exhausting this week. I couldn't get up for the ladies this morning but look forward to seeing the videos, esp of the top 4.

by Anonymousreply 349March 22, 2019 10:43 PM

Iron Klaus is right.

by Anonymousreply 350March 22, 2019 10:48 PM

R345 it would be easy to find out I guess. Where could we find the scores? I feel she might be right only based on what I witnessed in the men sp.

by Anonymousreply 351March 22, 2019 10:53 PM

[quote] Why did Sofia's 3flip get 0 points?

because the technical specialist or the data operator imputed her 3Lz as 3F....so the 3F went to repetition....they corrected it during the review and her score jumped. I hope it was a mistake of the data operator rather than technical specialist confusing flips and lutzes

by Anonymousreply 352March 22, 2019 10:53 PM

Zhou's score is at least ten points too high and Chen probably shouldn't have broken 100. The other guys' scores are acceptable. I would actually have had Brown in first. The Japanese ladies got fucked but in men's it's just the two U.S. quad stars getting grossly inflated.

by Anonymousreply 353March 22, 2019 11:32 PM

No way should Brown be in 1st. He's got the tech content of two decades ago. I'm sure all the skaters who've ever done quads were cringing at Brown's retro jumping.

by Anonymousreply 354March 23, 2019 12:16 AM

R354 Not first by much, but Brown's skating is so damn smooth and that program is great. The quality of his elements outclasses Chen by a mile. If Chen were scored correctly in both PCS and GOE then his quads should just about make up for Brown's everything else and they'd be close.

by Anonymousreply 355March 23, 2019 1:16 AM

Ass for good vibes.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 356March 23, 2019 3:18 AM

r296 Nooo! I also thought it was a joke. Well, it isn’t really Japanese, but I won’t stand for her skating to Perlman with Ge’s choreography and getting higher PCS than Miyahara’s version (which I don’t even like). But this is Japanese TV’s fault. They once introduced her to real geisha and dressed her up as an apprentice.

Ge and Med were also in the warmup room when Hanyu was getting ready for practice on Tuesday. Med had already finished her practice. Hanyu put his bags down in the opposite corner of the seating area where they were hanging out and ignored them. The same thing happened before his SP. Med had finished her FS practice and I don’t know why Ge was even there. Tracy also joined them, but Hanyu kept away until Med and Ge left. Then he went over to greet Tracy.

Meanwhile, Russian media still trying to ship, asking Med if she’s going to go on “walks” with Hanyu. Mama Ge, I still don’t get why Russian media doesn’t ship Med and Ge. They have a good story there! He got her on the podium! in his mind, anyway.

R310 She does like to use props.

Memoirs of Med, The Geisha:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 357March 23, 2019 3:28 AM

Is it not working? Let's try this instead:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 358March 23, 2019 3:35 AM

Love it. Yuzuru doesn't want any GErms on his person.

by Anonymousreply 359March 23, 2019 4:13 AM

So this could mean we might go back to pantomiming Geisha Med next season as she defines PCS with exaggerated on ice acting and somehow for the judges its the epitome of artistry. Yea. Can't wait to see her open mouth Geisha.

by Anonymousreply 360March 23, 2019 4:29 AM

Isnt that cultural appropriation, lol snicker

by Anonymousreply 361March 23, 2019 4:43 AM

R357 Where did you get the footage of Med, Ge, Hanyu, Tracy? I only saw a glimpse where he was at the main rink watching ladies SP practice when only Med and Zag were on the ice, and the camera filmed him when he was about to leave.

by Anonymousreply 362March 23, 2019 5:23 AM

Is it me or Hanyu's English isn't getting any better, more like the other way around?! Makes me wonder how can he have proper conversation with his friends (no hate here I'm really curious about that ) I haven't seen anything about the warm-up events. But I imagine he would support his Japanese team instead the Russians girls. Not like I care lol

by Anonymousreply 363March 23, 2019 6:40 AM

I don't think learning English is high on his list of priorities at the moment.

by Anonymousreply 364March 23, 2019 7:09 AM

No way Hanyu will win. I predict another splatfest like his 2014 Olympics (worst winner ever).

by Anonymousreply 365March 23, 2019 7:17 AM

My guess, it has never been on his list.

Nathan is gonna win except if I fucked up is program big time.

by Anonymousreply 366March 23, 2019 7:29 AM

Sadly I predict Nathan on top and some less skilled skaters who score average lower PCS and TES filling out the rest of the podium due to the splatfest from the top men. Not sure I even want to watch and be disappointed.

by Anonymousreply 367March 23, 2019 7:31 AM

r363 I think his English has gotten rusty since Rostelecom. He doesn't really interact with the other skaters outside the rink or competition, so his English is slow to improve.

r362 There’s a camera in the warmup area and another in the K&C streaming on Fuji’s youtube channel. Both streams have audio, so you can listen to the skaters whine and gossip if they’re near the mic. They’ll go live again in about half an hour. The regular Japanese broadcast and news also periodically cut to Hanyu during the competition to see how he’s warming up.

Warm-up area (remove the spaces): https://www.youtube .com /watch?v=4K3cpLpnOcg

K&C: https://www.youtube .com /watch?v=H1ZLH9YJxn0

Here’s a brief clip from the warmup area yesterday. Ge is in the coat:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 368March 23, 2019 7:58 AM

Don't you have a version not geoblocked? Can't watch a thing lol I never thought he could be that calculated about avoiding people tho. I never really follow this topic but now I'm being curious

I think he doesn't plan to stay in an English country after he retires, so why bother lol

by Anonymousreply 369March 23, 2019 8:05 AM

It's hilarious how Ge walks like a grandpa now. With the beard, it seems like he's trying to age himself up to be taken more seriously.

by Anonymousreply 370March 23, 2019 8:15 AM

Alexei Bychenko's bloody Dracula shirt never ceases to amaze.

by Anonymousreply 371March 23, 2019 8:45 AM

Vasiljevs 143.78 - boring at the beginning, only step seq worth watching. Lambiel at the boards was more engaging.

by Anonymousreply 372March 23, 2019 9:02 AM

Julian Yee caught his blades and fell skating backwards. Ouch.

by Anonymousreply 373March 23, 2019 9:15 AM

Greatest Showman, my ass...cannot stand his skating

by Anonymousreply 374March 23, 2019 9:25 AM

R374, I was just going to post how ironic I find that Samarin skates to The Greatest Showman. Great quad lutz, but the rest of the program was dull and forgettable.

by Anonymousreply 375March 23, 2019 9:27 AM

Keegan Messing skated well at Skate Canada then basically bombed the rest of his season. What's up with that? Too distracted by wedding planning?

by Anonymousreply 376March 23, 2019 9:40 AM

We are ready for Majorov's last International event of the career

by Anonymousreply 377March 23, 2019 9:49 AM

Azerbaijani boy did really well for his 1st senior Worlds, and he's damn cute too.

by Anonymousreply 378March 23, 2019 9:50 AM

Majorov is retiring? Not a bad skate for his last one.

by Anonymousreply 379March 23, 2019 9:55 AM

Bychenko posted in his Instastory that he will keep skating. I guess he has to since Daniel is a disaster 90% of the time.

by Anonymousreply 380March 23, 2019 10:03 AM

Looks like Israel is probably going to lose its second entry. Maybe Bychenko can retire for real now.

by Anonymousreply 381March 23, 2019 10:04 AM

Samohin managed to fall behind Yee

by Anonymousreply 382March 23, 2019 10:04 AM

LOL R380, I should've read your post before posting Bychenko should retire.

by Anonymousreply 383March 23, 2019 10:05 AM

the preparation of the first combo of Nguyen is long almost half of the program

by Anonymousreply 384March 23, 2019 10:05 AM

Canada's also at risk of losing their second spot.

by Anonymousreply 385March 23, 2019 10:10 AM

he started well with the 2 quads. But then he messed almost all landings

by Anonymousreply 386March 23, 2019 10:11 AM

This is news to me. Nam is an inferior skater to Keiji?

by Anonymousreply 387March 23, 2019 10:12 AM

R385

they are 3 and 4 now with 13 to skate.

So 16th and 17th...

they need to be...13 and 14th...

they are so close that I guess it is difficult someone will finish in between them

by Anonymousreply 388March 23, 2019 10:14 AM

R387 Tanaka PCS have always been higher than Nguyen's

by Anonymousreply 389March 23, 2019 10:16 AM

Cha must be injured or unwell, he's really lacked his usual spark this week.

by Anonymousreply 390March 23, 2019 10:18 AM

The real mystery is how Samarin has the 2nd highest PCS. What a joke.

by Anonymousreply 391March 23, 2019 10:19 AM

Cha goes behind the Canadians...

15-16

they need 2 others to flop

by Anonymousreply 392March 23, 2019 10:20 AM

R392, I see some candidates for that in the next group.

by Anonymousreply 393March 23, 2019 10:21 AM

I heard that KSF was making Cha come home for all sorts of frivolous competitions and wearing him out while he was also struggling with injuries. He looked like he was limping.

by Anonymousreply 394March 23, 2019 10:33 AM

I read somewhere that Cha is injured, so Orser was relieved and satisfied enough after his short program.

As for Yuzu ignoring Ge/Med... that doesn't sound out of the ordinary for skaters to be in the zone and focused during their warmups. It's not socializing time.

by Anonymousreply 395March 23, 2019 10:34 AM

Kolyada actually skated pretty well. Sucks to be Canada!

by Anonymousreply 396March 23, 2019 10:48 AM

A tired Kolyada managed to stay on his feet

by Anonymousreply 397March 23, 2019 10:49 AM

I am happy for Kolyada. Also, is it the general consensus here that he pings?

by Anonymousreply 398March 23, 2019 10:51 AM

I have a hard time telling with Russians. Some of the really flamboyant ones turn out straight.

by Anonymousreply 399March 23, 2019 10:51 AM

Majorov confirms retirement to Swedish TV after the FS

by Anonymousreply 400March 23, 2019 10:54 AM

Kolyada just seems asexual to me.

by Anonymousreply 401March 23, 2019 10:58 AM

I will not miss Majorov...but when are we going to finally be rid of Virtannen???

by Anonymousreply 402March 23, 2019 10:59 AM

R402 I think they have only two men and the other didn't get the required tes for worlds so maybe in ten years or so. Now what I want to know is do we have to watch the same program from him for as long.

by Anonymousreply 403March 23, 2019 11:03 AM

I suppose Lazukin will be between Kolyada and Samarin

by Anonymousreply 404March 23, 2019 11:04 AM

Respectable worlds debut for Lazukin. I'm so happy to hear someone skating to Tchaikovsky instead of all these Romeo & Juliet movie soundtrack versions.

by Anonymousreply 405March 23, 2019 11:04 AM

Top 10 finish for Aymoz. Woohoo, I'm going to worlds next year!

by Anonymousreply 406March 23, 2019 11:15 AM

R406 he can still finish 11th

by Anonymousreply 407March 23, 2019 11:16 AM

And forget Worlds anyway, Romain

by Anonymousreply 408March 23, 2019 11:17 AM

Boring program from Jin but it was exciting to watch him jump, "will he or won't he?" TES initially over 100 but went down.

by Anonymousreply 409March 23, 2019 11:19 AM

Nice comeback from Boyang...this group is doing well, do we think the final group can keep it together?

by Anonymousreply 410March 23, 2019 11:20 AM

And ahead of Kolyada by 0.3 pts.

by Anonymousreply 411March 23, 2019 11:21 AM

Wow so close. Didn't Boyang have higher tech content?

by Anonymousreply 412March 23, 2019 11:22 AM

Nice jumping clinic for Jin. He probably lost out to Kolyada (and deservedly so) in PCS.

Brezina is always entertaining.

by Anonymousreply 413March 23, 2019 11:27 AM

I'm not one of the biggest Hanyu stans on here but I can't stand the thought of him losing to Nathan. Prayer circle time...

by Anonymousreply 414March 23, 2019 11:32 AM

I want Zhou to fall if only to see his diary entry later.

by Anonymousreply 415March 23, 2019 11:38 AM

How does Zhou get higher TES than Boyang??

by Anonymousreply 416March 23, 2019 11:41 AM

Fuck. Please tell me he had a bunch of URs...

by Anonymousreply 417March 23, 2019 11:43 AM

We'll see about that, R416.

by Anonymousreply 418March 23, 2019 11:43 AM

Well, the score is dropping, that's good.

by Anonymousreply 419March 23, 2019 11:43 AM

TES went down by 6 points so far

by Anonymousreply 420March 23, 2019 11:44 AM

Zhou into the lead

TES at 99 in the end

by Anonymousreply 421March 23, 2019 11:46 AM

Shoma bombing?

by Anonymousreply 422March 23, 2019 11:48 AM

He looks pretty badly in pain. fell twice I think

by Anonymousreply 423March 23, 2019 11:54 AM

Shoma behind Zhou. Good 2nd half of the program after starting out sloppy.

by Anonymousreply 424March 23, 2019 11:54 AM

Behind Zhou by 11 points

by Anonymousreply 425March 23, 2019 11:54 AM

the diary entry of World Medalist Vincent Zhou will be epic

by Anonymousreply 426March 23, 2019 11:55 AM

Not the biggest Shoma fan but am appalled Zhou is ahead of him. I don't know how you guys can stand to watch this live but I appreciate the updates.

by Anonymousreply 427March 23, 2019 11:57 AM

Oh come on. Shoma looks injured, but even at his best his landings sucked. Zhou doesn't have the smooth command of the ice but his jumps were a lot better than Uno's.

by Anonymousreply 428March 23, 2019 11:59 AM

R427, Shoma made a number of mistakes. Sadly, the result is fair in this case.

by Anonymousreply 429March 23, 2019 12:00 PM

Rizzo would make a good twink.

by Anonymousreply 430March 23, 2019 12:01 PM

Two spots for Italy next year

by Anonymousreply 431March 23, 2019 12:02 PM

I can't wait to go to worlds next year! Thanks Rizzo. Tough luck Romain.

by Anonymousreply 432March 23, 2019 12:02 PM

Good luck Nathan, you're going to need it after that skate.

by Anonymousreply 433March 23, 2019 12:08 PM

I guess some of you will be gifing that ass shot right now, lol

by Anonymousreply 434March 23, 2019 12:08 PM

Yuzu makes a comback. I'm going to bed.

by Anonymousreply 435March 23, 2019 12:12 PM

Yuzu is truly beautiful. Glad I forced myself to watch.

by Anonymousreply 436March 23, 2019 12:15 PM

Chen is going to win

by Anonymousreply 437March 23, 2019 12:16 PM

Chen has won

by Anonymousreply 438March 23, 2019 12:16 PM

He will win even the FS

by Anonymousreply 439March 23, 2019 12:17 PM

TES is 11 points higher. Dominated

by Anonymousreply 440March 23, 2019 12:17 PM

Those GOEs they were giving him are some BS! What the fuck

by Anonymousreply 441March 23, 2019 12:18 PM

As much as I love Hanyu's artistry, it's hard to argue with Nathan's level of tech. Congrats on holding it together after Hanyu's masterful skate.

by Anonymousreply 442March 23, 2019 12:18 PM

323 for Chen

by Anonymousreply 443March 23, 2019 12:19 PM

Hanyu is pissed!

by Anonymousreply 444March 23, 2019 12:20 PM

Chen is the personification of everything that is wrong with figure skating today. Little wonder that the sport is on life support.

by Anonymousreply 445March 23, 2019 12:23 PM

Damn! He really wiped the floor with Hanyu. Totally owned him.

by Anonymousreply 446March 23, 2019 12:23 PM

Jason Brown's old friends didn't help him this time. Will he stay in the top 10?

by Anonymousreply 447March 23, 2019 12:26 PM

Nathan was way overscored on GOE and PCS. I'm not saying he didn't deserve the win, but definitely not by that margin. It's disgusting how unfair the scoring is.

by Anonymousreply 448March 23, 2019 12:26 PM

1) Chen

2) Hanyu

3) Zhou

4) Uno

5) Jin

6) Kolyada

7) Rizzo

8) Brezina

9) Brown

10) Lazukin

11) Aymoz

12) Samarin

these will be assured of 2 GPs next season

by Anonymousreply 449March 23, 2019 12:28 PM

The scoring is totally unfair. Nathan is and will be overscored always. Yuzu did amazing and if he is pissed he has every right to be.

by Anonymousreply 450March 23, 2019 12:29 PM

Where did you get the pissed part?

by Anonymousreply 451March 23, 2019 12:30 PM

I can't believe Zhou is on the podium. This was a cursed season and next one will be too because we will have geisha med.

by Anonymousreply 452March 23, 2019 12:32 PM

Ubers are furious !hahahahaha

by Anonymousreply 453March 23, 2019 12:33 PM

Pressing questions after the men's LP:

Will Nathan Chen get death threats from Hanyu's fans?

Will Hanyu come back with a vengeance and a full arsenal of quads?

How pissed is Canada after losing their 2nd spot?

Will Kolyada ever skate semi-clean again?

Just where were Jason's old friends?

Will we get to see Junliet in all its glory again next season?

Now that he's a world medalist, what special message will Zhou have just for us Dataloungers?

by Anonymousreply 454March 23, 2019 12:35 PM

Two of them Nathan and Yuzuru are sucha a bore. Chen is typical athlete with wooden legs, but Hanyu otherwise is too lyrical for my taste also. It is annoying at times. He copies Weir so much. And he should shut his mouth during skate , because we know medviedeva copies it from him

by Anonymousreply 455March 23, 2019 12:36 PM

I still can't believe Zhou is up there.

by Anonymousreply 456March 23, 2019 12:41 PM

Does Brian Orser drink a lot? He has that bright red face and a bloated, expanding belly.

by Anonymousreply 457March 23, 2019 12:41 PM

This season really sucked overall. Insufferable Zhou on the podium and sloppy Nathan getting outrageous scores? Fuck everything.

by Anonymousreply 458March 23, 2019 12:42 PM

R456 I agree but who else should be? Shoma and Boyang screwed it up

by Anonymousreply 459March 23, 2019 12:42 PM

Good job to Nathan. It’s nice to see the US get a win.

Hanyu got a well-deserved second. No shade in that

by Anonymousreply 460March 23, 2019 12:44 PM

r458 Ok, I'm a fan of the ass man as much as anybody else here, but Chen wasn't sloppy today. He didn't have the greatest flow but jumps had good height, landings secure,whereas Hanyu landed a few tightly. Chen even had some difficult entries. Perf and steps were pretty good. Overscored yes, but c'mon, definitely not sloppy.

by Anonymousreply 461March 23, 2019 12:51 PM

Wait, you were speaking about Zhou, r458. My bad.

Though I'll give it to Zhou that he was better than usual today. He isn't an unmusical skater and the performance-wise he was quite watchable today. I'm afraid, to me, more watchable than Uno.

by Anonymousreply 462March 23, 2019 12:54 PM

Ok I think I'm over Zhou. Now my hot take on Yuzuru: he did great considering his injury and if this defeat means I'll get to see that ass on the ice for one more season then I ain't mad.

by Anonymousreply 463March 23, 2019 12:57 PM

Though, it's still kinda painful that Fernandez was replaced by Zhou in the top 6. I was really hoping it'd be Cha.

by Anonymousreply 464March 23, 2019 12:58 PM

R458. His scores are ridiculous. (Chen) Hanyu is still the best. I'm just going to ignore the Chen stans that will be on sns today saying Chen is king. Yeah he'll be king after he wins the two straight Olympic gold medals.

by Anonymousreply 465March 23, 2019 1:05 PM

Judges detailed scores

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 466March 23, 2019 1:05 PM

Judge 3 and Judge 7 gave PCS to Chen

Judge 7 also scored a 10 in performance

by Anonymousreply 467March 23, 2019 1:09 PM

6 not 7

by Anonymousreply 468March 23, 2019 1:09 PM

Chen’s landings were so smooth I was surprised. This kid is indeed all that and a bag of chips.

by Anonymousreply 469March 23, 2019 1:10 PM

Hanyu's 4S UR

Zhou got 2 URs

by Anonymousreply 470March 23, 2019 1:10 PM

Uno URs in the first 2 messy quads

by Anonymousreply 471March 23, 2019 1:11 PM

R465 Yuzur had SPLATFEST in 2014 . he didnt win like a king, my dear. And in 2018 we know how it looked like

by Anonymousreply 472March 23, 2019 1:11 PM

Merriguet only -4 on Shoma's first 2 jumps. And a 9.0 in Performance

by Anonymousreply 473March 23, 2019 1:11 PM

Uber are always the same, all over the world! hanyu stans are irritating like V/M stans. they will be saying that they ARE GOATs because they have 2 olympic gols medals.But we know how V/M got that medals and who should have the soecond one in Korea. And their first one from CANADA(lol) Obvious right?? Thats not so simple. Medals are not everything and dont measure everything

by Anonymousreply 474March 23, 2019 1:17 PM

Missed this event but loving the cunty recaps on here. I'd expected a lot of frau outrage given the podium. Wonder where the frau posts had gone to? They always sounded a little too ESL to me.

by Anonymousreply 475March 23, 2019 1:21 PM

the countries qualified for World Team Trophy should be

Russia

USA

Japan

France

Italy

Canada

by Anonymousreply 476March 23, 2019 1:31 PM

r465 Lol, that comment reeks of butthurt. Reminds me of the Patrick Chan stans all "he's a 3-time World champion and Olympic gold medallist and it will always remain so, forever and ever amen."

by Anonymousreply 477March 23, 2019 1:34 PM

Anyone else think figure skating is officially not a sport anymore? Raise hands. ✋

by Anonymousreply 478March 23, 2019 1:34 PM

R477. Yuzuru will be one of the greatest of all-time with everything he has accomplished. Including 2 back to back Olympic gold medals. No one can take that away. Chen has not achieved everything Yuzuru has. And imo never will.

by Anonymousreply 479March 23, 2019 1:38 PM

I can't wait for the junior Eteri bots to come up next year and push the Zagmed out. I find Med and her gaping mouth really distracting. This would probably be the last world for Samodurova as well, although I don't actively dislike her skating.

by Anonymousreply 480March 23, 2019 1:38 PM

R479 You re pathetic. If Chen will be have one olympic gold and for instance 3 world gold medals it will be so worse then yuzuru? Fuck off , you loser.

by Anonymousreply 481March 23, 2019 1:42 PM

You do know everything Yuzuru has accomplished right? How many WR he's broken throughout his career? Like I said yuzuru will be one of the greatest based on everything he has done in his career.

by Anonymousreply 482March 23, 2019 1:54 PM

And whats more Chen goes to school, sorry but i respect it, that winning even more! What Yuzuru does?Listen music all the time? Wathcing anime? Seriosuly. show some respect to other skaters. Nathan could easily lost it but he didnt

by Anonymousreply 483March 23, 2019 1:56 PM

I thought I blocked Daitroll already. That would be R483. I'm not going back and forth with this child.

by Anonymousreply 484March 23, 2019 1:59 PM

R482 Of course, but you cannot treat other skaters like shit because they are not hanyu. Hanyu cannot win just because he steps on the ice

by Anonymousreply 485March 23, 2019 2:02 PM

Lmao at the journalists completely ignoring Zhou.

by Anonymousreply 486March 23, 2019 2:05 PM

Yuzuru now makes of yourself a victim again. He mentions that he has been on pain killers for 2 months . what a shame , hurting your stomach so much for having a silver.lol Yuzu, stop whining, behave like a man. I fell it annoying that he constantly complains how he is sick/on drugs

by Anonymousreply 487March 23, 2019 2:08 PM

Daitroll r485 too.

by Anonymousreply 488March 23, 2019 2:35 PM

Thanks for the Daitroll alert. Blocked it.

What's the story on Shoma? How injured is he?

by Anonymousreply 489March 23, 2019 2:38 PM

R488 And ? Maybe it is not true that you treat other skaters like shit.. Who cares it is Daitroll or not?

by Anonymousreply 490March 23, 2019 2:39 PM

Shun Sato is performing in the exhibition.

by Anonymousreply 491March 23, 2019 2:47 PM

R486 Poet Zhou should regale them with a few of his IG masterworks...then they'll pay attention.

by Anonymousreply 492March 23, 2019 2:50 PM

govincentzhou Oh. My. God. Did that really happen? Am I dreaming?

This is more than I could have hoped for and I am so humbled to share the podium with these two incredible men. It's such a rewarding feeling for the countless hours of hard work and frustration that people don't see to pay off, and boy am I grateful for that feeling to return.

I'm also thankful for my supporters, family, coaching team, and friends back home. Additionally, the volunteers and audience here in Saitama were so kind and polite. For that, thank you so much. You all have a place in my heart!!! Now, it's time to start working on expanding my performance qualities for next season. See you at the gala, and wherever luck may find you next. Thank you again ~ ありがとうございました ~ 谢谢!!!

by Anonymousreply 493March 23, 2019 2:52 PM

Roman Kostamarov really doesn't like Hubbell and Donohue, lol. Damn.

[quote]“Third place Hubbell - Donahue? I don’t like them as a dance couple at all, I even hate to look at them. Therefore, the fact that they are in the top three is on the conscience of judges. My personal opinion is not a dancing couple, they are some kind of disabled people, whatever they do there. Of course, they do everything, the elements are performed, but superficially I don’t like them terribly. I therefore do not even look at them. For me, there are much stronger and more beautiful pairs.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 494March 23, 2019 3:00 PM

No one can believe it, Vincent. No one.

by Anonymousreply 495March 23, 2019 3:02 PM

GALA

Momoka Hatasaki

Brezina

Zabjako/Enbert

Delaman

Tanaka

Hubbell/Donohue

Tennell

Moore Towers/Marinaro

Rizzo

Tursy

Komatsbuara/Koleto

Boyang

Miyahara

Della Monica/Guarise

___

Shun Sato

Sakamoto

Guignard/Fabbri

Uno

Morgan/Cipres

Med

Gilles/Poirier

Zhou

Tarasova/Morozov

Kihira

Sinistina/Katsalapov

Hanyu

Sui/Han

Zagitova

Papadakis/Cizeron

Chen

by Anonymousreply 496March 23, 2019 3:14 PM

From the press conference: so apparently Hanyu was skating on the same painkillers as at the Olympics because his ankle is still fucked (no surprise there) then in the next breath says he still wants to do the 4A, 4Lz and 4F. So basically he's going to kill himself for this sport. The ISU should feel damn lucky this boy decided to stick around after the Olympics so that people actually give a rats ass about FS.

by Anonymousreply 497March 23, 2019 3:29 PM

Brian really cares about Jason Brown.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 498March 23, 2019 3:33 PM

R498 He should stop whining like a baby and Do NOT count that other make mistakes for him. It always was like that!!!!Even last olympics!

by Anonymousreply 499March 23, 2019 3:36 PM

R497 That's what I was afraid of--that he's still skating injured and in pain. Not really surprised about this because I think you can see that in his face.

If I were Yuzu's mother, he would have to skate over my dead body if he wanted to continue competing.

by Anonymousreply 500March 23, 2019 3:37 PM

R488. Thanks. How many browsers is it using? JFC.

by Anonymousreply 501March 23, 2019 3:51 PM

R497. Oh no. I was afraid this was the case. He's going to kill his body for a sport where the isu doesn't care about him or scoring fairly. Please Hanyu retire instead. Do ice shows. Your fans will still be there for you. Oh man this really hurts. Let me go cry now.

by Anonymousreply 502March 23, 2019 3:55 PM

R496 he admits he needs to catch up and upgrade his tech content if he wants to remain competitive. I hope the ankle let's him do that.

by Anonymousreply 503March 23, 2019 3:57 PM

R498 That clip is hilarious.

Boyang revealed he suffered from depression: "Thanks for all these experiences. I had slid into a depression before this season. Now my confidence came back, the figure skating I love came back. I have beaten the worst. And I’m looking forward to the next season.”

by Anonymousreply 504March 23, 2019 4:08 PM

And I think it's admirable he's not letting this injury defeat him.

by Anonymousreply 505March 23, 2019 4:09 PM

Figure skating is dying in the US so I think USFS went overboard on the politicking for the men, since there was no chance in the other disciplines. Nathan is a good competitor, but they didn't need to pad his score like that. PCS and GOE candies go to the "chosen ones" while everyone else is left fighting for scraps. It's such a joke.

by Anonymousreply 506March 23, 2019 4:14 PM

R506 Agreed. Same thing they tried to do at the Olympics but that didn't work out for them because Chen choked so badly.

by Anonymousreply 507March 23, 2019 4:19 PM

R475 GTFO with that flyover state bullshit. Some of the best posters here are "ESL" as you call it. Actual skating fans and not just people popping in every four years wondering whatever happened to "Carrie Gold."

by Anonymousreply 508March 23, 2019 4:21 PM

R488 Browser doesnt work if someone wants to post here "as someone else" .LOLSo if you see some posts you do't like doesnt' mean they are from one prson, dumbass.You know shit about computers and internet, fucking moron hahahaha

by Anonymousreply 509March 23, 2019 4:22 PM

R506 "Try do to the same thing" You think they wanted to give a gold to Chen , but sadly they HAD to give it to Hanyu, "unfortunately" because american choked. Are you serious? Ubers love conspiracies but please kill yourself! You are dumb. YOu re like yunabot

by Anonymousreply 510March 23, 2019 4:24 PM

r498 Isn't that before Chen's skate?

by Anonymousreply 511March 23, 2019 5:59 PM

Nathan's skating leaves me utterly cold inside, and I can't muster up any amount of caring for his success--but he deserved the win.

Hanyu is so much the better skater (in all aspects), but if he wants to remain relevant, he needs to fucking let himself heal.

He should have sat out this season, let his ankle fully heal, and gradually up his technical ante. He's doing himself no favors by stubbornly insisting on competing on an injury which will only continue to get worse.

by Anonymousreply 512March 23, 2019 6:08 PM

Nathan is not a lyrical skater . He will never be. He prefers faster music. It is easier for Hanyu to be "an artist" because slower music is easier to intepret. Nathan choreo sequence was excellent. I cannot imagine Hanyu doing it. Yuzuru has prons and cons and Chen has. Nothing wrong with that

by Anonymousreply 513March 23, 2019 6:12 PM

So apparently in the press conference Hanyu went basically " Bitch please, I've got 2 Olympic gold medals, so who's the champion here." Hah, good to know he isn't made of just sunshine and roses and admiration for his rivals, that shit was getting unreal.

by Anonymousreply 514March 23, 2019 6:20 PM

R514 Only in your imagination. 2 gold olympic medalist CANNOT win with such boring , mediocre skater??LOL no, I dont think so.He wanted to win that, in his country. He was pissed! Pissed because he was hoping that NAthan d screw up. Yuzu was almost perfect and NAthan was not scared of him. Why you are making narrative to have better mood?

by Anonymousreply 515March 23, 2019 6:28 PM

Shoma is also slipping into depression

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 516March 23, 2019 6:30 PM

R514 Did he really? Well, Bravo Mr. Hanyu! About time he said Fuck It to all that humility bullshit.

R512 I think he needs to retire from competitive skating. There are so many things he could do with his fame and fortune that it's insane for him to continue destroying his body this way. I wish those closest to him would get together and stage a much needed intervention.

by Anonymousreply 517March 23, 2019 6:41 PM

R514 I love that. Because during the SP press conference he was all "I like Jason-senshu and training with him is great; I like Nathan-senshu because I know he got really fucking overinflated scores at the US Nationals and that's just bullshit and every knows it but I won't actually say it because I'm too polite, so I'll say I like competing against him because I want to beat his score" and honestly, I just really wanted to see him go full bat shit crazy. This is about as close to that as he can get, so I look forward to watching the whole press conference for this bitch please attitude.

by Anonymousreply 518March 23, 2019 6:41 PM

R516 Ugh. It sucks to see Uno taking this so hard. He should just accept the fact that he's not Hanyu - not the kind of alpha athlete who's always ready with a platitude or an inspirational nugget or is comfortable saying, "I will win this" in the way Hanyu is. He should just do things his way, which is to concentrate on his skating and block out the noise. Shoma skates best under those conditions. For all of his serious flaws, I would watch Shoma over Nathan or Vincent any day.

by Anonymousreply 519March 23, 2019 6:44 PM

R517 R518 He didnt say anything like that on press conference.Stop lyin. Stop that nonsense, losers. Hanyu lost! He is pissed. You are obviously the same person who write such teenaagers messages because you cannot stand that NAthan had BETTER TES !!. PSC doesnt matter. The second mark could be smaller , but doesnt matter You supposedly should have me blocked. but you dont. it is obvious.you are so childish, YOur IP is the same

by Anonymousreply 520March 23, 2019 6:47 PM

Plushenko posted on his IG that Hanyu is the best skater. No congratulations to Nathan either, lol. I don't like Plushy but when you're right, you're right.

by Anonymousreply 521March 23, 2019 7:00 PM

Plush kiss his ass not for free. HE knows what to do

by Anonymousreply 522March 23, 2019 7:04 PM

Hanyu's remarks were great because they were shady but expressed in a classy way, and he sandwiched that gentle reminder about his two Olympic golds between expressions of abject humility so he didn't sound egotistical. He said he wasn't strong enough and needed to get better so he could catch up to the wonderful abilities of Nathan and Vincent, then later he commented that a skater can't call themselves a champion unless they've won at the Olympics, then later he said he must not have skated like a champion because he didn't win. Beautiful.

Kovtun posted a photo of Hanyu captioned succinctly, 'God'. Prime Javi liked it. Lesser Javi has been working that Yuzu adoration hard on social media, clearly still aiming to become #1 Javi in his life (and hopefully in his pants).

Yagudin has also entered the competition for Hanyu's heart. He wants to be a flower boy in Beijing if Hanyu goes, so he can get close to him. Creepy. Just ask TAT for an introduction, Yags!

by Anonymousreply 523March 23, 2019 7:08 PM

R512 I'm inclined to agree. Nathan skates like a piece of wood on blades (so, a bobsled) but he was really solid here and deserved the gold. If only the judges didn't orgasm at the thought of his quads and prematurely shoot him +5 GOEs before his blade touched ice. R519 Poor Shoma. He used up all the energy in his tank at 4CC it seems. I can't help but also feel bad for Boyang because of his depression and that weird thing with TCC/Chinese Federation during the summer before this season.

by Anonymousreply 524March 23, 2019 7:11 PM

R524 A piece of wood doesn't move his arms like Chen. He is quite rhytmic. Hanyu , again moves like ..willow :P He is so thin and long. He cannot skate to fast music.

by Anonymousreply 525March 23, 2019 7:14 PM

It's so much more enjoyable reading these comments with the troll blocked.

R521 I think Plushy may have won me over by doing that. lol

by Anonymousreply 526March 23, 2019 7:15 PM

R526 HAHAAH I know you read my posts, cocksucker! Otherwise you wouldnt mention me all the time and THE FACT that you DONT read me, pathetic whore! you see what I write, faggot! HAHA. GO TO TWITTER posting that hanyu is goat, loser!

by Anonymousreply 527March 23, 2019 7:20 PM

I've been waiting a LONG time to see Jason Brown's "artistry." He skates like one of those stick figures on SOUTH PARK.

And can Weir and Lapinski please stop blowing smoke up his ass and making him believe he is anything but a loser?

Maybe Jason and Asslee Wagner can go on a loser's tour of backwater towns and get lost....permanently.

by Anonymousreply 528March 23, 2019 7:50 PM

As a follow up to R523, this was that elegantly shady "fuck you all, I won two OG golds, all of you are losers" moment. Btw, the interpreter has been really good at this press conference.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 529March 23, 2019 7:56 PM

R529 What he could say ? He is a loser. Chen didnt choked as he hoped for. He will be mumbling about 2 gold medals. Of course..he doesnt care that he couldnt have won, yeah sure. So why he was pissed? hahahah

by Anonymousreply 530March 23, 2019 8:03 PM

R529 Fucking brilliant, Yuzu!

by Anonymousreply 531March 23, 2019 8:04 PM

R529...that is some shade. Saying you're not a true champion unless you won the Olympics--that's excluding a lot of great past champions.

So, Sarah Hughes is a true champion...but Michelle Kwan isn't?

Love you, Hanyu, but that's some cray cray logic there. Hopefully his meaning was lost in translation.

What Hanyu has accomplished is amazing and I do think he'll go down as one of the greatest skaters of all time--if not the greatest.

But the Olympics in itself is not the litmus test for champions. There have been so many great skaters who have won, but just as many mediocre ones who managed to (somehow) walk away with that title.

by Anonymousreply 532March 23, 2019 8:05 PM

R532 Sorry but you're wrong. In figure skating it's all about winning that OGM. One thing I've always admired about Brian Orser is that he's been honest about how nothing will ever make up for not winning gold.

by Anonymousreply 533March 23, 2019 8:15 PM

R532 He LOST . In his country.What a loser he is. His japanese pride hurted him. HE excuses himself now that he has 2 olympic gold medals. If he have won here he would say that he is the best because he is injuried. Butthurted man he is.

by Anonymousreply 534March 23, 2019 8:17 PM

R421. I think I am now a fan of plushenko. What a nice thing to do for Hanyu.

by Anonymousreply 535March 23, 2019 8:19 PM

I hope hanyu will retire and he will stop doing bore stuff and he will take his ubers with him , those are pathetic

by Anonymousreply 536March 23, 2019 8:20 PM

R532 I agree many mediocre skaters have won the title.

by Anonymousreply 537March 23, 2019 8:26 PM

So do you think Evan Lysacek is a greater skater than Kurt Browning or Javier Fernandez, R533? Nobody thinks that, except perhaps Evan himself.

by Anonymousreply 538March 23, 2019 8:28 PM

KAtherina wItt is the GREATES FEMALE SKATER OF ALL TIME SHE HAS 2 GOLD MEDALS!!!!JESUS< How could i miss it?

by Anonymousreply 539March 23, 2019 8:31 PM

Are you all dumb whores? Of course Olympic gold is the only true gold, and only way you can be called champion of everything. This is why I only like Brian Boitano and not that silver medallist, loser non-champion whats-his-name other Brian. My girls are not forced to do quads to get only silver at Olympics and be mega losers. You can all go to hell.

by Anonymousreply 540March 23, 2019 8:38 PM

Lol, of course it was kinda a dumb thing to say, I seriously doubt Hanyu would have said that if it was Fernandez standing next to him with gold around his neck. I like to think that he wanted to stress that Chen may have won but he's actually the best.

Now, Japanese Dirt Czar, is Japan going to erupt into controversy over him being prideful or did he humble himself enough before and after to satisfy the sense of propriety?

by Anonymousreply 541March 23, 2019 8:50 PM

Sure many less than great skaters have won the OGM. That's also true of many Oscar winners. Yet for actors winning an Oscar is considered the ultimate prize, the ultimate achievement.

Same with figure skaters. Why do you think Nathan is sticking around until the next Olympics? And little Alyssa Liu has already declared winning an OGM as her ultimate goal, although I believe Med is hoping to keep her from achieving that goal.

I do think though that two OGMs are more than enough and I wish Yuzu would give his poor body a rest.

by Anonymousreply 542March 23, 2019 9:18 PM

GPs 2019/20

Seeds

1-3: Chen, Hanyu, Zhou (can't meet each other)

4-6: Uno, Boyang, Kolyada (can't meet each other)

2 GPs guaranteed: Rizzo, Brezina, Brown, Lazukin, Aymoz, Samarin

Top 24 in Season Bests are guaranteed 1 GP....at the moment it is:

Messing, Cha, Voronov, Tanaka, Aliev, Kvitalashvili, Kovtun, Nguyen, Tomono, Hiwatashi, Grassl (may stay Junior)

These will likely get 2 GPs. However, I think WTT scores (less pressure, over-scoring) will count for SBs, so it is not final but many of these who will do WTT are already in the top 24

by Anonymousreply 543March 23, 2019 9:42 PM

Ladies

Seeds 1-3: Zagitova, Tursynbaeva, Medvedeva

Seeds 4-6: Kihira, Sakamoto, Miyahara

2 GPs also to: Tennell, Samodurova, Bell, Lim, Daleman, Hendrickx

Top 24 SBs at the moment...1 GP assured...not all Russian girls can take 2 because there is a maximum of 18 skaters per Fed in the whole GP series... I don't know who will stay Junior though

Trusova, Shcherbakova, Tuktamysheva, Kostornaia, Mihara, Yamashita, Sakhanovich, Cui, Tarusina, Gubanova, Kanysheva, Kostantinova, Kim

by Anonymousreply 544March 23, 2019 9:52 PM

When do you think we'll find out who is going to WTT? It's less than 3 weeks away.

by Anonymousreply 545March 23, 2019 10:10 PM

R526 agree about reading without daitroll. He must be on fire cause I only have him blocked and I’m missing like every third post

by Anonymousreply 546March 23, 2019 10:23 PM

R545 Worlds was last stage of qualification. I think it is Russia, USA, Japan, France, Italy and Canada that qualified.

by Anonymousreply 547March 23, 2019 10:27 PM

TSL 3/23 – Worlds: Ladies – Part 1: Guest: Jenny Kirk - Starts with updates on Jenny’s life/has trained to be a sports psycho-therapist. Then lots about Gabby and what shd be done about her mental issues. Up to 15. Then Dave describes Mariah-gate. They mostly side with Mariah – say there’s no evidence of the bullying. D thinks that now Raf is upset with Eunsoo based on how distant he was w/her in the K&C. Jon said in K&C Mariah was asked to promise Raf’s wife “No I won’t go on social media” like they were anxious to shield her. 27 Jenny thought Mariah shd have gotten some 9s in PCS but they missed a UR on her lutz/toe. Then they discuss Eunsoo’s skating, her lack of emoting. 31 D says the drama definitely makes him want to watch her more now and they should compete against each other at every comp from now on. 33 Sofia. Jenny wondering why Aguilera keeps saying “Get it up” for so long. Discusses her weird arms. They don’t like her bent arm tano and low jumps. Dave thinks Sofia is one-and-done and won’t be on podium in future. 38 Bradie. D: her skating is stiff and forced; hard to watch. And they haven’t found the’real’ Bradie. Dave wd send her to Lori. J: Or Tom Dickson, to soften her moves. 45 Satoko. Jon thought rest of top girls looked juniorish but Satoko was the only sophisticated one – Dave thought the cutout costume emphasized her slightness/small jumps. Kaori: Dave wants stronger music like Adele for her, not wimpy piano music. Not enough tension w/spirals etc. She needs to get rid of Edea skates which make her look boxy; she and Bradie need ballet classes. 53 Rika. She jumps too much in practice and her body gets used to popping. They saw videos of Rika training 4S and 4T.

by Anonymousreply 548March 23, 2019 10:46 PM

TSL 3/23 – Worlds: Ladies – Part 2 - 58 Med. D loved her ballsy salchow loop in the long. They think this bronze was a huge deal – most ppl had counted her out. Dave thinks she needs a 4S for next yr. 1.03 Jon said the short choreo was “yuck” (ha ha Misha Ge) Jon: When the scores came up and they have Tursy just barely over Med, you can hear Brian say “Well they did that on purpose” Dave says Brian is an “Eeyore” ‘woe-is-me type. And Tracy is more Piglet. 1.07 Tursy. D doesn’t understand why now she gets Sotoko level PCS despite bent knees/arms. They think it’s politics – suddenly at 4CC, Tursy’s PCS jumped way up. Dave says Tursy is like Kendall on Dance Moms – a girl trying to be like the others but she’s “a hot mess.” Jen’s not a fan of her skating. Jen: In her spread eagle, she needs to get her butt in; nice back though. 1.11 Alina. Jon’s takeaway: “This does nothing for the sport. Choppy, choppy, choppy, flaily, flaily, flaily.” Dave doesn’t like her hunch – he thinks she’s hit the wall. They blame Danlil’s busy choreo. Jen: Too rushed. But this season has been so hard on Alina, she shd quit now. 1.17 D: “We can’t know what Eteri’s thinking because she uses fillers – but she deserves as academy award” Alina’s probably aged 50 years this year – and so has Danny G and have you noticed Eteri has a new hottie male coach working w/the young ones? (like maybe DG will be cycled out) Jenny’s moment of event: She liked the drama. But in terms of skating, Rika’s 3A/3T. D’s moments are Raf keeping his distance from Eunsoo, handing her blade covers; and when Eteri thought Med effed up, and sitting there so gleeful w/Tursy. His skating moment was Med’s salchow/loop. Jon’s was Satoko just being beautiful, esp her lunge in the short. END

by Anonymousreply 549March 23, 2019 10:46 PM

^^

Am I the only one who actually quite likes Tursy? I'm a full-time Orser apologist, but I'm glad she's fulfilling her potential. And the judges were throwing scores at Med quite happily too.

by Anonymousreply 550March 23, 2019 10:56 PM

The "new hottie male coach" has been with Eteri's team since 2017 or so. Gee, aren't they observant. And Daniil's not going anywhere. Their team is huge, 3 people can't possibly do it all.

by Anonymousreply 551March 23, 2019 11:11 PM

ISU quick quotes after FS

Tanaka: still had several mistakes in my free program, and this reminded me to train harder. I was calmer down in the free program compared to my short program, so the support from the audience should have empowered my performance, but it didn't to the full extent. I have some regrets that I couldn't finish Worlds with my best performance, but the experience of skating in front of that big crowd was good for me. I changed my training methods this season, but the changes did not necessary lead to good results all the time, but I tried my best throughout the reason, regardless. I was not fully confident for the first quad Salchow, and went in carefully. I wanted to try the second quad Salchow, but didnt feel great, so changed to a triple, instead. Skating in front of a home crowd was special, and I felt more pressure than in other competitions. I respect other skaters who can perform their best in this type of environment. For next season, I would like to change my program and challenge myself with something new. I hope to grow in the process from the change

Vasiljevs: We were talking in general about my skating life (with his coach), how to improve constantly. Basically the whole idea was looking back on the years, any kind of failure makes you look closer what was behind, it is like an extra motivator. Looking through this whole process I found certain things to improve, my coach helped me put some pieces together that I was missing, and hopefully now I have more things to digest for the next season. I am honestly feeling happy with my performance, because I felt really bad after my short program. That all is hard to deal with, and today what I showed, was better than yesterday. Not perfect, but it is a build up in a sense, and that is what matters to me. How fast, I don’t know, but I will keep improving. The whole concept is if it is better, it gives me satisfaction the most. About the elements, I know how to do them, I learned it in the practices. Too bad I could not manage to make it right now in this moment, but this is a place to improve. I think I improved much this season than I expected. I just did not find the way yet to bring that all to the ice in the moment. I am open to the experience to figure it out.

Samarin: I have difficult feelings, I have made two big mistakes, and at the same time landed three combination jumps. It feels weird, actually. I am angry with myself what what happened in the short program. I was really disappointed with it. It was the first time I missed the quadruple Lutz, I have always landed it. I lost 20 points. If you add these 20 points to my score, you will see that I was supposed to be in a totally different position. After all, I am the European silver medalist. With the new rules, everything has become stricter, but I am moving forward and taking risks. I will not give up. With my failure in the short program, I feel that I took away a medal from myself and gave it to the guys. It is a very disappointing fact. I want to become stronger. I want to have consecutive strong results. I want to be like Nathan Chen. Someone said after the short program that this guy did not care about anything around him, he just performed and did his best. I also want to be able to show my best no matter what happens.Keegan

by Anonymousreply 552March 23, 2019 11:16 PM

Majorov: I am fantastically happy because when I went out for this performance I did not feel very good. I felt ill, I felt a strong headache. I felt that I was going to be really sick. When I went to the ice, I did not know what would happen. how I would skate. I do not remember anything from skating. I am shocked, surprised and really happy. I have been preparing for this since summer. It was one of the hardest seasons to prepare myself for. You need to be smart not to get injured, you need to be smart to learn the new system and program, and the new system is really hard. The free program is so much harder than before. You used to skate it in 4.5 minutes for 10 years, and then I have to skate it in 4 minutes. It is really hard to adapt to it. Last year when I skated my free program in the end of the season it felt so easy to perform, and this year the free program does not get any easier. That was my last competition in my life. I am retiring. I have no idea what I will do next. At first I want to rest a little bit. I have a physical therapy diploma, and I can get a work as a physio. I want to go to some summer camps as a coach. i want to start a normal life. I have been doing this for 21 year, and it has been a long period of my life. My body feels tired, because it has endured a lot of jumps, a lot of spins, a lot of efforts. I want to enjoy my life now. I may have one more competition, the Swedish nationals in two weeks, but I do not think I will go there. I feel it is enough. I want to thank all the fans for their support on the rink and through their messages in Line, Twitter, Instagram, everywhere. Japanese fans, arigato.

Nguyen: I feel pretty good about the performance I put out today, obviously I gave away a lot of points for the Axels and the Lutz but that’s just due to mental fatigue, I kind of lost my focus there a little bit, but other than that, in terms of trying to deliver it feel like I have done a much better job than at Four Continents so I’m hoping to improve in the off season and get ready. (On coming back to Saitama for Worlds after 2014) Five years ago, I skated really well and the audience was just electric. Unfortunately, I wasn’t as strong in terms of the energy. I mean it’s like five years ago, and this time around it’s a lot different than back then so I’m not sure but I always love performing for the Japanese audience. (on his comeback from the past season) Just being easy on myself and a day to day basis and whenever I go to a competition, I try to have a relaxed mindset just so that my body is calm and ready to take on each element.

Cha: I feel pretty happy today. It was not my best performance in the season, but I fought through. I competed on a lot of competition this year, and I got boots problem in middle of the season and that caused the injury. For today, I forgot boots and injuries, and tried my best, so I am satisfied today. It was amazing today at my first Worlds. I had very long season and this marks my last competition of the season, I was getting tired coming into it. (on his season overall) This season was great one for me. Almost everything was new for me like two Grand Prix, the Grand Prix Final, Four Continents and Worlds and I learned a lot this season. My goal for next season is that I want to skate better than this season. Keep working hard, and keep fighting through and don’t give up. I am already excited for next season.,

by Anonymousreply 553March 23, 2019 11:16 PM

Ready to have your heart broken, my fellow fraus?

Although he seems to have recovered enough to shade his rivals, Yuzu didn't originally take that loss well at all.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 554March 23, 2019 11:18 PM

Kolyada: It was hard to prepare myself (after the disappointing Short Program) but I did it. I went out with a clear mind. Obviously, there were some little technical issues, but overall I am pleased with how I did. The audience was very supportive and I felt that. (on the Short Porgram) The short program didn’t work, although I was calm, but it just didn’t happen. (on the season) The season was not good overall, it was below average. (on future plans) I need to strive for skating clean without popping jumps and for that I have to work, work and work. If I’m sent to World Team Trophy I will attend and if I’m not sent, I won’t go. I don’t know. My skating boots are actually almost done, these are the ones from last year, the ones I skated in at the Olympic Games. The other ones just fell apart.

Kvitalashvili: I made a weird mistake on the first combination jump when I added a triple toe loop. It turned to be shaky. I feel the entrance to it was technically wrong. I was performing freely and emotionally. i wanted to make all the elements clean, but unfortunately, I feel on the quadruple toe loop. But I fought till the end and was trying to show all of my potential. I am really thankful to all of those who supports me. I am satisfied with season. I managed to get silver at the RostelecomCup in Moscow and bronze at the Universiade. I wish I could show my best at all the competitions and could stand on the podium of each event

Lazukin: We made the program a little simpler as I was facing some difficulties with the second triple Axel. With the change I felt better both mentally and physically. This season I have got a lot of experience and learnt many things I can use in my future career. I feel I have found the good mood for the competitions, and managed to make my quads more consistent. I still need to fix my triple Axel, though. I am dreaming to win all the competitions I take part in. I think every athlete thinks the same. I promise I will work hard for it

Aymoz: I’m really happy because I was here to show who I am and I know I have some regrets on some stuff today, but in general no regrets. I am really happy to be here in Japan. It’s really cool to skate in front of a lot of people. (On his injured finger) It’s fine! (On his goals for next season) Next season, I want to be on podium at the European Championships and try to come in the last group for the long program at Worlds. And I want to show more difficult technical elements and get a bigger (higher) component score.

Jin: The program looked like a good performance, but there are several areas that I lost additional points and some levels. So this is not ideal performance, but at the end, I skated till the end, so I guess I am satisfied with today. I actually felt better, more relaxed for the short program, but didn’t lead to actual good performance. I did these mistakes in the past, but I just want to skate better and show clean performances in the future. With the new rules from this season, I need to continue to improve in things like speed, technique, style etc. My training gave me a lot of confidence, but once at the competition, I guess I couldn't quite keep my confidence. My coach keeps telling me that I just need to be myself and try my best. Takeaway of this season is that I finally gained good feeling in the last few competitions, and I tried to skate my best. I just need to skate better in my next competition

by Anonymousreply 555March 23, 2019 11:19 PM

Brezina: From the get go it felt really good out there. When I started I had in my head, just do it, and I kept repeating it throughout the program and it felt really good. Just one stupid mistake towards the end of the program (fall on triple flip), but you know what, I am happy the season ended the way it did. It was a really good competition, I got two standing ovations, which especially in Japan is really amazing. Since I moved to Rafael (Arutunian, coach) being in that environment helped me a lot to push myself in practice. I think my skating improved a lot, I am not feeling in the jumps, but in my skating, I became more confident. I am definitely going to take a break, I need it. I am not sure if I am going to keep going, Rafael really wants me to. If my body can take it, if my mind is ready for it and if it is completely on the ice and prepared to work, then I will keep going. If there is even a little bit of a doubt in my mind, or my body is not working the way that it needs to, I don’t think I am going to continue, everyone wants to finish with a great performance.,

Zhou: t wasn’t perfect but I am more than happy with that. It felt unbelievable doing that out there. I’m really proud. (looking at the whole season) It was definitely a difficult season. Pretty much a lot of people know about my rough summer and a rough start and the Grand Prix series in the first half of the season. But just like I have been saying, I had a good Nationals and Four Continents and used the momentum to build and build, and finally, I was able to put out two great performances in the same competition, here at Worlds. I really couldn’t be happier to do what I did here. (on goals for next season) Definitely continuing to expand my artistry. I finally have a foundation to build upon and I’m grateful that I have accomplished this here.

Uno: I am very disappointed with myself. I think I lost confidence and I lost to myself. I didn’t have a good images of those first two jumps (quad Salchow and flip), although I landed them successfully during the six minutes warm up. From this experience, I think I don’t have the mentality of the top level skaters. Other than that, it was okay overall . Yet, if I recall, there are more competitions that I got disappointed over joyful ones in this season. I really admire Yuzuru Hanyu who always seeks for high scores and good results, which made me realize I am still immature. Overall I am still disappointed in myself. I need to become mentally much stronger. I want to skate better next year so that when I look back this World in the future, this would be a good lesson for my skating career

Rizzo: I am a little bit upset, because the first quad (toe) was not good, so I lost my concentration and I had to fight through the program. At the end, it is a great result, of course right now I am upset, but I will be happy tomorrow being in the top ten at the World Championships. I would like to be in the top three next year. I am going to work hard. I need to work on more quads of course, to achieve my dream to be a World Champion

by Anonymousreply 556March 23, 2019 11:22 PM

Hanyu: I had one mistake in my free program, but I am pleased that I could perform well on the World Championships. I was thinking about Pluschenko when skating this program, because I am somehow lending it from him, and I feel that I have done what I could in this free program. I think a lot of people have been watching the competition since the official training session and were worried about my quadruple loop, but I somehow managed to land it. I really wanted to win when I was skating. There were no problems with loop until coming here. However, during the official training, I was making a lot of mistakes when I skated to the music, but I am content that I landed it at the competition. But I lost, that is about it. To tell the truth, it is like death to me. I really want to win. I think I did my best, but the problem is that in figure skating competition consists of two days, and I am losing in both. It means that I simple do not have enough strength to win. When I was going through my rehabilitation, I watched the American Nationals where Nathan Chen was performing. I am a really competitive person, and I want to compete with a strong opponent. I respect Nathan in this sense. Now I will have enough time until the next season, and I will try not to get injured and do my best to get stronger

Chen: I’ve been in this position before, of course Yuzu being Yuzu is definitely going to get the crowd up and on their feet. As soon as I stepped on the ice, I felt that energy already there. He (Hanyu) has been pushing the sport making the sport so enjoyable so competitive and that definitely made me so much better of a skater. Skating after that, of course there was pressure but a huge honor. (On competing with Hanyu at the World Championships this time) Every competition is different. Every time we all compete. They might have an amazing skate or they might not so regardless of who is there, I’m glad I was able to put out two strong skates both here and last year and I hope to be able to compete against Yuzuru further in the future. It feels amazing to be able to put out a strong skate and like I said earlier, every time Yuzu skates, he does something amazing and incredible and it’s just a huge honor to be able to skate with him, skate after him, especially knowing that how he sets the bar. It’s great to be able to follow that.

Brown: To be honest I feel great, it is not the performance that I had wanted, but I am so proud of the fight that I put out there, the growth that I made this year. Also I am so proud at my teammates. It feels amazing to perform here, I love the Japanese crowd, I love the feeling of performing out on that ice, especially in Japan. So I just kind of row on that wave of love and encouragement during the whole program. This season I was constantly pushed out of my comfort zone, we are constantly changing things, adapting things. Every time we go out to compete, it’s like we are trying something new. That has been the steps along the way, and I took another step today. Next season I hope everyone will see how much progress I have made thus far, and this was kind of a glimpse what to expect in the future.

by Anonymousreply 557March 23, 2019 11:22 PM

R554 my god that's too much

by Anonymousreply 558March 23, 2019 11:34 PM

[quote] Am I the only one who actually quite likes Tursy?

The TSL folks did say she should put her 4S in her short program and that quad is enough to give her a place at the table - oh something like that - a positive spin on her. I like her too and think it's great for her that she skates for Kazakhstan instead of Russia. Hopefully she'll have a good season next year, when some of the Russian girls will have to go under, due to the amazing juniors aging up there. I think/hope Eteri will still feel obliged to push her/prop her, just to keep sticking it to Brian ;) I don't mind when Tursy is the beneficiary of her pique.

Thanks for the ISU notes! It's funny how Samarin said "I feel that I took away a medal from myself and gave it to the guys" -- like he gave away a medal to Chen and/or Hanyu? WTF?? Even Zhou has more tech.

by Anonymousreply 559March 23, 2019 11:47 PM

Ladies cannot have quads in short, jesus

by Anonymousreply 560March 23, 2019 11:55 PM

R554. Why are you doing this to us? Omg. I seriously hope be will be ok. 😢😢

by Anonymousreply 561March 24, 2019 12:01 AM

A look at how ISU works ....livestream of Ice Dance Technical Committee presenting requirements for new season

Mind you, the Single/Pairs committee is usually more clueless and out of its depth.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 562March 24, 2019 12:02 AM

As for Hanyu pointing out that a champion has to win at the Olympics- let’s be real. Yes- some mediocre skaters have won the Olympics, but for those even considered to be the GOAT - they have to have an Olympic win.

by Anonymousreply 563March 24, 2019 12:22 AM

I see the Russians Sinitsina/Katsalapov jumped over Hubbell/Donohue in ice dance. H/D had been beating them all season, but suddenly at Worlds Russia has the #2 team. I expect next season the other Russian team will be in 3rd. Papadakis/Cizeron seem safe at the top for now.

by Anonymousreply 564March 24, 2019 12:39 AM

R564 I don't mind it. H/D looked like 2 truck drivers more than Romeo and Juliet

by Anonymousreply 565March 24, 2019 12:48 AM

r565 I agree. If H/D actually had decent programs I might care. wish it was S/B instead of S/K though

is PH not working for anyone else?

by Anonymousreply 566March 24, 2019 2:25 AM

Glad I'm not the only one that feels like H/D skate like truck drivers. I'd watch C/B over them any day.

by Anonymousreply 567March 24, 2019 2:36 AM

These are Hanyu's remarks about being an Olympic champion. Frankly, I don't find them shady in context. It's the standard he had set for himself - clearly, he wouldn't have considered himself a true champion unless he had won the highest prize in his sport. It's sad that Hanyu can't just express his true feelings without having to think about the 20 people he might be offending or the fandoms he might set off.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 568March 24, 2019 3:54 AM

This thread is going fast so I just made a new thread before going to bed.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 569March 24, 2019 4:04 AM

R568. You're right I didn't find anything offensive in what Hanyu said either. Haters are always going to try to twist his words to make him look like a jerk.

by Anonymousreply 570March 24, 2019 4:08 AM

Face it DL whores, you miss me. When I was around, no one needed a microscope to find my shade. My billowing, wide-set cunt provided shade for the entire men's field.

by Anonymousreply 571March 24, 2019 4:23 AM

R563 Tell me about it. I won worlds a bajillion times and now not even Rhode Island wants me.

by Anonymousreply 572March 24, 2019 4:30 AM

[quote]KAtherina wItt is the GREATES FEMALE SKATER OF ALL TIME SHE HAS 2 GOLD MEDALS!!!!JESUS< How could i miss it?

Se her Buster!

by Anonymousreply 573March 24, 2019 4:32 AM

r541 It doesn’t sound that shady in the original Japanese and context (which r568 pointed out). Actually, Hanyu did a studio interview with Fuji right after and it seems like people who didn’t care for him before found him unpretentious and kind of like him now. (They also liked the way he handled the interviewer (Miyane) who’s an arrogant prick everyone hates.)

r545 Japan is announcing their team on Monday. Also, according to JSports or JCast, Medvedeva said she's part of this year's FaOI but no official announcement has been made.

r554 He’ll be OK. He was half-crying, but also half-laughing at himself. He’s being interviewed again right now and better today. I would be more worried about Uno who seems to be in a darker place.

R571 Chiddy, I hear you injured your foot and canceled your SOI appearance. What did you do?

Full K&C cam with some funny moments:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 574March 24, 2019 5:02 AM

Hanyu and Zagitova (Hubbell also has a story of him jumping into the poohs):

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 575March 24, 2019 5:05 AM

R574

[quote]Chiddy, I hear you injured your foot and canceled your SOI appearance. What did you do?

Okaaay, JDC, I see what you're doing there - you're suggesting that I injured my foot putting it in my mouth again. But that's where you're wrong. I didn't injure my foot at all. I just think that SOI is more of a world medalist gig and not for true champions*.

*team event

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 576March 24, 2019 5:25 AM

R574 You know what? I appreciate this. For some reason it made me feel better about Hanyu. I'm not a frau but I can out-frau the frauiest frau on this board when it comes to freaking out over Hanyu.

by Anonymousreply 577March 24, 2019 5:37 AM

Aw, r568, you ruined my glee at the prospect of Hanyu being capable of at least some cuntiness.

Zhou's exhibition going on now, his type of program is very similar to Uno's. To be honest, it has more cool moments than Uno's. IIRC, Nathan has something similar, a modern slow pop song. If you put them all together, would you get something actually intersting? Thank god for Hanyu and his insitence on being dying swans, angry sea sea waves or cherry blossoms.

by Anonymousreply 578March 24, 2019 8:13 AM

Huh, I find Zhou and Uno's skating nothing at all alike. Zhou and Chen seem more similar to me in how stiff they are. His jumps are horrid but Uno's skating skills are top notch. I wonder about his choice of gala program this time around though... he did seem to be in a dark place. Hanyu seemed pretty recovered and bouncy.

Also his costume looked like either a fish, or a like a shark ripped off most of his sleeves. So a fish.

by Anonymousreply 579March 24, 2019 9:47 AM

r579 Watched Chen's EX. I didn't think think he was stiff. Of course he's not as fluid as Hanyu, few are, but he def wasn't stiff. He even ripped into some parts of that EX.

Sorry, I just find that "there's absolutely nothing good about the skating of XYZ" attitude tiresome.

by Anonymousreply 580March 24, 2019 11:13 AM

R550, I like Tursy too. I always found her hilarious and adorable, and I love that she's pushing the envelope with the quad sal. It's exciting to see an adult woman capable of landing one, not just young teens.

I'm have zero problems with H&D getting passed by the Russian team this year. Their programs were awful. I think they can move up to #2 again next year with improved vehicles.

by Anonymousreply 581March 24, 2019 11:38 AM

Tursy is as tiny as a junior.

by Anonymousreply 582March 24, 2019 1:13 PM

Remember when Tursy first came to Orser and was wearing a baby doll costume while skating to a lyric version of Send in the Clowns? She was SO excited to have been accepted as a student of Brian's because he had been her idol Yuna's coach. I'm so happy she won silver this weekend and I'm pretty sure Brian and Tracy are too. I just wish I could have seen her lovely mother's face when she found out her daughter was now a silver world medalist.

R554 That clip just breaks my heart. I don't know if I can continue to watch FS anymore. There's something about Yuzu that makes me fiercely protective of him and watching him in pain is just too much for me.

by Anonymousreply 583March 24, 2019 1:38 PM

Mariah finally turned off the comments on her Instagram. I'm glad, those comments were vile--death threats, hopes that she would be raped, threats to kill her pet....those fans were fucking crazy,

by Anonymousreply 584March 24, 2019 3:54 PM

R583. I want to protect him too. That clip killed me. I hate seeing him like that. being so hard on himself. When he said after Olympics he would now skate for himself and didn't care about winning I was relieved. I don't know what happened? Now winning is again what he cares about.

by Anonymousreply 585March 24, 2019 5:00 PM

R585: Reality happened. He is getting older and his body is breaking down. Will Hanyu stay too long or know when to exit?

by Anonymousreply 586March 24, 2019 5:10 PM

I know it's probably just me being a bitter cunt but I can't help but think that Javi suddenly posting a picture on his insta with Yuzu after 5 years, accepting a commentary gig on jp tv to sing his praise and the same with the Olympics channel has more to do with some PR for his upcoming flamenco show than genuine affection. When he was dating Miki he obviously did not need Yuzu for extra pr so he always ran his mouth. Nowadays he can't do that anymore and the extra tickets he will sell thanks to his platitudes about Yuzu being a special existence for him will more than make up for the few comments by crazy yuzu/Javi shippers he will get on his account.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 587March 24, 2019 5:13 PM

R586. Yes definitely his body is breaking down. I do think we don't have many more seasons left with him. The upcoming season may even be his last. If somehow he can win worlds next year I believe he will retire. If not God knows what he'll do. Keep killing his body?

by Anonymousreply 588March 24, 2019 5:31 PM

Yuzuru really be out there making love to the ice huh

by Anonymousreply 589March 24, 2019 5:42 PM

R588 The fact that he managed to have a cleanish fs and landed 3.5 quads on a fucked up ankle is already a miracle. I was in pain for him when I saw him landing that 4loop. It's clear at this point that his ankle is not going to heal anymore so what, is he going to keep competing using painkillers? That's not exactly healthy. I guess that with Shoma and the rest of team Japan underwhelming showing at Worlds jsf will probably pressure Yuzu into continuing as long as possible even more. He was their only medal this time and they know that even with a fucked up body he will still podium. I wish he himself will set a deadline not too far from now to this madness.

by Anonymousreply 590March 24, 2019 5:47 PM

Missed the gala. Can someone sums up what happened?lol

by Anonymousreply 591March 24, 2019 5:51 PM

He has one (1) injury, a serious injury sure but you guys are making it sound as if he's a old man with back, hip, neck, knee, and internal organs issues and is about to die at any moment.

by Anonymousreply 592March 24, 2019 5:53 PM

Just think he should really give himself time to heal properly if he wants to be there in the future.

by Anonymousreply 593March 24, 2019 6:09 PM

This season made him awared of the fact that clean Yuzuru can't beat clean Nathan anymore. Next season might be his last attempt to learn new quad, land 4A, beat clean Chen before resigning himself to falling behind Chen forever if the latter doesn't make mistakes and accepting that his body is breaking down. R592 And you sounded like he only needs to stay healthy enough to walk.

by Anonymousreply 594March 24, 2019 6:16 PM

R594 Yuzu was not clean and that's what cost him. I still believe that if he had had 2 clean perfs a la gpf 2015 he would have won. In any case the award for the dumbest post of the thread goes to R592 Congrats. I mean yes, it's just a long lasting injury that refuses to heal and that has prevented him from training for months during the past 2 years. It's just his right ankle which he needs for all his jumps no biggie. As long as you don't have metal pieces in your back like Plush you shouldn't complain after all, right?

by Anonymousreply 595March 24, 2019 6:23 PM

R592 Well the injury is bad enough that surgery is no longer an option. And while I agree that people are often full of sound and fury signifying nothing, I think this time it's justified. Injuries are really nothing to take lightly in figure skating and especially in a person who will literally force himself to skate until he dies trying to win and outdo others, it's alarming. Yuzu absolutely needs rest and if he retires tomorrow, I wouldn't blame him in the least either.

by Anonymousreply 596March 24, 2019 6:29 PM

Chen won because he was the most consistent and most clean both programs at Worlds. He's actually been really consistent this year. That made him a threat and put him over Hanyu. In the last few years, the men going against Hanyu imploded too often. Hanyu knows he needs to be consistently good and clean, and it's what's been missing for him despite being at the top, and is really the difference that Chen is bringing against him.

by Anonymousreply 597March 24, 2019 6:30 PM

[quote] The fact that he managed to have a cleanish fs and landed 3.5 quads on a fucked up ankle is already a miracle.

What nonesense are you spewing? Hanyu skated one of his all time great programs. Other skaters were also carrying injuries or were severely undertrained, like Nathan Chen, it was deep field and a better skater won that night. It's all.

by Anonymousreply 598March 24, 2019 6:34 PM

Lolll No no no, with such a shitty judging won't let clean Hanyu beat clean Chen. You guys should deal with that. There will be one day in near future, likely next season Chen PCS will surpass Hanyu no matter he deserves it or not. Apparently Yuzuru is fully awared of that after Worlds. That's why he said he needed to learn more quads.

by Anonymousreply 599March 24, 2019 6:42 PM

R597 Chen's consistency wasn't that great earlier in the season though. It wasn't until US Nationals that he really was once again considered the saviour of all things figure skating according to the US media like before the Olympics last year. He was solid here, everyone else kinda pooped all over the ice. Therefore, he won.

by Anonymousreply 600March 24, 2019 6:48 PM

Chan's athletic peak happened to coincide with Hanyu's injury. That's what happened here

by Anonymousreply 601March 24, 2019 6:49 PM

The problem isn't Chen winning but he won by a large margin. Got high PCS and GOEs for everything jumps, spins, steps.

by Anonymousreply 602March 24, 2019 6:57 PM

Had he won with deserving scores, no one should worry about clean Hanyu being unable to beat clean Chen.

by Anonymousreply 603March 24, 2019 7:02 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!