Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Fleabag

I'm watching the second season of Fleabag, written by and starring Phoebe Waller-Bridge.

She skillfully is able to "wink" at the viewer and does it several times in each episode. Is she able to do it because the show is so quirky? I think of Sarah Jessica Parker during Season 1 of SATC trying to talk to the audience and it didn't work at all. But PW-B breaks the fourth wall brilliantly.

And it has an excellent cast, including Olivia Colman as her step-mother.

by Anonymousreply 93July 25, 2020 3:28 PM

Where are you watching it?

by Anonymousreply 1March 19, 2019 5:45 PM

its on the BBC Iplayer if you have a VPN. Its 6 episodes a series so very bingeworthy, Colemans character is brilliantly despiseable!

by Anonymousreply 2March 19, 2019 6:02 PM

Yeah, I need to see it. Loved the first season.

by Anonymousreply 3March 19, 2019 6:04 PM

Her stepmom is EVIL....

by Anonymousreply 4March 19, 2019 6:10 PM

So not on Amazon Prime yet? Waaah. Love this show.

by Anonymousreply 5March 19, 2019 6:16 PM

Hugh Skinner from the first series was so hot. He seems to keep his private live well guarded.

by Anonymousreply 6March 19, 2019 6:27 PM

We have an older thread here.

It comes to Amazon Prime Video from 17th May.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7March 19, 2019 6:27 PM

Hugh Skinner is awesome. Loved him in W1A.

by Anonymousreply 8March 19, 2019 6:28 PM

[quote]Where are you watching it?

BBC Iplayer using a VPN.

by Anonymousreply 9March 19, 2019 6:31 PM

Wait just read Hugh Skinner is openly gay, cool.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10March 19, 2019 6:32 PM

[quote]We have an older thread here.

Oh, thanks. With DL search function broken, I wasn't able to locate a previous thread.

by Anonymousreply 11March 19, 2019 6:32 PM

Please tell me that Olivia Colman is playing the stepmom as a petty cunt just as well as she did in the first series.

by Anonymousreply 12March 19, 2019 6:33 PM

Wows.

by Anonymousreply 13March 19, 2019 6:33 PM

This second series has openly gay Andrew Scott playing a priest and Kristin Scott Thomas playing a lesbian.

by Anonymousreply 14March 19, 2019 6:39 PM

Hugh Skinner needs to be on my pole

by Anonymousreply 15March 19, 2019 6:47 PM

Andrew Scott did Hamlet to raves ? He seems very average. Do priests say fuck repeatedly ? I’m on on e6 even though the show is good there is still a 2nd season slump.

by Anonymousreply 16May 18, 2019 8:25 PM

I watched it all last night and thought it was good. Loved the cute Irish priest.

by Anonymousreply 17May 18, 2019 9:58 PM

Shes able to do all that winking/looks to camera because the writing is so good, unlike shows like Sex and The City or House of Cards where it was just an empty gimmick, Waller-Bridge takes the audience into her confidence from the very first scene (of S1) to let us know what she's really thinking. Wait until you get near the end of S2, you'll be aching for her to turn around and look at the camera. It's all in the writing.

by Anonymousreply 18May 18, 2019 11:49 PM

The second season is so much better than the first. And I loved the first.

The very last shot made me feel both sad and hopeful.

by Anonymousreply 19May 19, 2019 1:27 PM

The reviews have been GLOWING .

I love this show so much that I am waiting until Christmas to binge it.

And for fuck sake it was well over 2 years between season 1 and season 2!

by Anonymousreply 20May 19, 2019 1:29 PM

the rodent bro in real life is quite studly

by Anonymousreply 21May 20, 2019 12:13 AM

Is the lead actress trans or just what they call a "British beauty"? I watched a few eps but I couldn't get past her face. Same with Sandra Oh in Killing Eve.

by Anonymousreply 22May 20, 2019 12:44 AM

r22 is your face a giant dick?

by Anonymousreply 23May 20, 2019 12:56 AM

So fit

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24May 20, 2019 12:57 AM

Sadly the rodent boy wasn’t in S2 and the dead best friend was in it not as much. Is she working on another series.. olivia’s Part wasn’t as well-written as first season. I think Phoebe is Beautiful. If Woody Allen was in his prime she probably be his new Diane Keaton.

by Anonymousreply 25May 20, 2019 5:12 PM

I hoped Kristin Scott Thomas would appear in more than just one episode.

I've loved this show since I first saw Series 1 but I'm glad Phoebe Waller-Bridge decided to pull the plug on it and exit on a high note. I was always bemused by the fact that the characters on the show would constantly make some snide remarks about her looks - to me, she has a very aristocratic appearance. Fun fact: she auditioned for "Downton Abbey" but was told she wasn't a good fit since she was "too funny".

by Anonymousreply 26May 20, 2019 10:54 PM

Phoebe Waller Bridge is so beautiful

by Anonymousreply 27May 21, 2019 7:56 PM

I love this show so much. The first season was already great, but the second one was seriously some of the best television I've seen in recent years.

by Anonymousreply 28May 21, 2019 7:58 PM

love Fleabag.

by Anonymousreply 29May 21, 2019 7:59 PM

What are you saying ? Season 2 is the last ?

by Anonymousreply 30May 22, 2019 1:19 PM

Incredible writing and acting. Cannot say enough about it.

by Anonymousreply 31May 22, 2019 1:25 PM

[quote] What are you saying ? Season 2 is the last ?

Yes. Phoebe made it very clear.

by Anonymousreply 32May 22, 2019 1:29 PM

SPOILER

In the very last shot, she asks us (her imaginary audience) not to follow her.

Phoebe was doing everything possible to make sure it would be hard to ever have a 3rd season.

by Anonymousreply 33May 22, 2019 1:51 PM

PWB says there will be no season 3. I am in mourning. And stop making snarky remarks about PWB's looks.--she is striking and unafraid.

by Anonymousreply 34May 26, 2019 4:07 PM

R34- WHAT!!!?????????????????????? FUCK ME!

by Anonymousreply 35May 26, 2019 4:29 PM

She surpassed herself in season two. Her and the priest had wonderful chemistry.

by Anonymousreply 36May 26, 2019 4:43 PM

This is the most insane, wonderful show I’ve seen in years.

by Anonymousreply 37May 26, 2019 5:07 PM

Hated season one, and LOVED season 2. It’s a truly unique and incredibly well made season of tv. Didn’t like PWB much after S1 of Fleabag and wasn’t all that into s1 (watched 2 eps) of Killing Eve, but now I’m going to revisit it because of the 180 I did on Fleabag.

by Anonymousreply 38May 26, 2019 6:27 PM

I watched Season 2 first by mistake, and liked it very much. Watching season 1 after, I’m not sure I would have stayed with it. But it’s overall great.

Olivia Coleman’s character is delicious.

This PWB is a clever writer and she photographs beautifully.

Great casting. Also whimsy touches that freakishly don’t take away from the narrative. The fox appearing in that last scene was impossibly clever.

The is one scene that gutted me, when Fleabag’s father seems on the verge of returning her apology after the dirty narcissistic art show. Olivia Coleman’s nightmarish character comes into frame, and he resigns with “you’d better go...” Ugh....

by Anonymousreply 39May 26, 2019 6:52 PM

[quote]Her and the priest had wonderful chemistry.

I know after his turn as Moriarty on Sherlock, people could either take or leave Andrew Scott, but I'm glad people are responding favorably to this character. And he's openly gay and people are buying his relationship with Fleabag which hopefully will quiet some of those voices who say that gay actors cannot believably play straight.

by Anonymousreply 40May 26, 2019 6:56 PM

R40 I felt the same way. He’s an appealing actor who “inhabited” that character really effectively. He has a great, expressive face and conveyed that deep compromise so authentically. Great casting.

by Anonymousreply 41May 26, 2019 7:01 PM

Hollywood called (she it too good for SW or Bond)but couldn’t she also do six episodes of Fleabag ? First season Colman wasn’t your typical bitch 2nd she was. If Phoebe makes it into the 2019 Emmys she could beat JLD and maybe Pamela Adlon

by Anonymousreply 42May 26, 2019 10:24 PM

Could you imagine if they had cast PWB as Lady Edith on Downton Abbey?

by Anonymousreply 43May 26, 2019 10:26 PM

Scott was trying too hard at first. Someone told him to tone it down at the end and he was great. I had no idea he is the next great English actor.

Did the show ever tell us why she was called Fleabag ?

by Anonymousreply 44May 26, 2019 10:28 PM

I also wondered by all accounts Fleabag”s mother was wonderful. Why would she be friends with Colman ?

by Anonymousreply 45May 26, 2019 10:30 PM

I can understand why she's bowing out after two seasons (she reportedly had to be convinced to do a second season). As great as it is it really is a simple story of a woman running around in circles. I don't think it would be interesting to watch season after season of Fleabag trying find stability and failing. She put it all on the screen with these two seasons.

[quote] had no idea he is the next great English actor.

How dare you? He's Irish.

by Anonymousreply 46May 26, 2019 10:32 PM

And the two seasons were very different: Series 1 was about a self-centered, self-destructive woman while Series 2 is about her finally realizing what she wants out of life. As such, they complete the story of Fleabag, not much more that can be said without sacrificing the entire concept behind it.

by Anonymousreply 47May 26, 2019 10:38 PM

Fleabag is a family nickname for PWB.

I think she is right that she is getting too old for the character in Fleabag. And after 6 years of playing the character, she is ready to move on---hence the finality of that last shot.

by Anonymousreply 48May 26, 2019 11:46 PM

Since PWB comes from a very posh background, her face seems like that of an aristocratic party girl from the 1920s. Not "pretty", but as they would call it back then, "handsome."

I like Series 2 much better than the first.

by Anonymousreply 49May 28, 2019 1:18 PM

[quote]Fleabag is a family nickname for PWB.

Is it? Because there are a few other characters with no actual names. Her stepmother is just "stepmom" and her father also has no name provided.

by Anonymousreply 50May 28, 2019 1:25 PM

I love Killing Eve so I'd really like to watch this too but it's not available on any of my usual streaming services. I'll just be patient until it is I guess.

by Anonymousreply 51May 28, 2019 1:55 PM

Why is there an obsession here with this movie? Even more dykes on screen, like we don't see enough on tv already?! LOL! Call me when they make a movie about gay MEN. As for this movie: HARD PASS.

by Anonymousreply 52May 28, 2019 1:58 PM

It is not a movie, it is a series.

And it is one dyke. In one episode.

And I suspect that the only thing about you that is "HARD" is this "PASS" you mention.

by Anonymousreply 53May 28, 2019 2:00 PM

R52---No one is going to call you.

by Anonymousreply 54May 28, 2019 2:22 PM

Hard pass is such a tacky expression.

by Anonymousreply 55May 28, 2019 2:29 PM

Wish the priest had been hotter but enjoyed this series.

by Anonymousreply 56May 28, 2019 2:30 PM

This is a GREAT show and a terrific second season. It’s a real shame that she isn’t continuing the series, but she’s so talented and in such high demand I guess its demise was inevitable. Also, when did that little Moriarty queen get so sexy?

by Anonymousreply 57May 28, 2019 2:53 PM

Yeah, it is a shame but, damn, she’s so hot right now. Hope she doesn’t overextend herself or burn out.

by Anonymousreply 58May 28, 2019 2:56 PM

For anyone who say the first season of Fleabag, was Fleabag responsible for Boo killing herself? Did Boo do that because she knew Flea slept with her boyfriend?

I just don't remember the first season that well and I don't want to watch it again.

by Anonymousreply 59June 2, 2019 2:32 AM

She deliberately doesn't answer the question in the series as to why "Fleabag" but I'm assuming someone in her life, maybe when she was a kid, turned" Phoebe " into "Fleabag. "

It's a wonderful series and I'm so glad she didn't run into the ground.

by Anonymousreply 60June 2, 2019 2:39 AM

If we're being honest, Fleabag, the role, the character, is mid-to-late twenties. It doesn't work any other way.

by Anonymousreply 61June 4, 2019 2:19 PM

R59, it’s not clear to me whether Boo knew that it was Fleabag specifically that slept with Boo’s boyfriend or just that he cheated. And it’s not clear to me whether Boo really did intend to kill herself or whether it was accidental (attention l-seeking) as Fleabag claims. I think Fleabag is an unreliable narrator because it’s obviously so painful....

by Anonymousreply 62June 4, 2019 2:24 PM

Her memories of Boo this season done through silent quick cuts were painful and sad.

by Anonymousreply 63June 4, 2019 3:48 PM

It's pretty apparent that Boo didn't know it was Fleabag that slept with her boyfriend. Boo says "someone" slept with him when she tells her. That last episode of series 1 was great as was all of season 2. I'll binge it again at some point.

by Anonymousreply 64June 4, 2019 4:17 PM

I rewatch Catastrophe sometimes.

by Anonymousreply 65June 4, 2019 4:23 PM

Just binged watched both seasons. Loved it

by Anonymousreply 66June 8, 2019 4:00 PM

I liked Season 1, but I loved Season 2. Is it hokey of me to find it sweet that she made a success of her little cafe?

I hated Andrew Scott's Moriarty, but he really sold me on his conflicted, sweary Irish priest.

by Anonymousreply 67June 10, 2019 1:02 AM

I was getting ready to stop watching (at least for a bit) because I found it depressing AF. Then I watched S2, Episode 3. Fucking hilarious.

by Anonymousreply 68June 11, 2019 12:46 AM

Nominated for an Emmy for best series. I’m positive it will win. It really is one of the best shows in recent memory. It’s out there but yet still accessible. Amazing show.

by Anonymousreply 69July 16, 2019 4:35 PM

I'm so happy for Fleabag's showing! They got 11 nominations in total across all major categories, which is quite the feat. Competition's strong though. Veep had its final season and it was such a dominant force whenever it was eligible. Barry and Marvelous Mrs. Maisel are strong contenders as well. I hope it doesn't go home empty handed.

by Anonymousreply 70July 16, 2019 4:46 PM

Hope they win - Best TV show i watched this year! Andrew Scott was a hot piece of preist ass - but alas no nomination for him.

by Anonymousreply 71July 16, 2019 4:54 PM

Scott's snub makes me so sad!

by Anonymousreply 72July 16, 2019 4:55 PM

Season 1 was okay, but Season 2 was wonderful. All the actors were terrific, but especially Clare (not Klare) and the step-mom, which was the best presentation of passive-aggressive behavior I've ever seen in a tv character. If I were a shrink I would show this program to my students. Perfect!

by Anonymousreply 73July 16, 2019 5:15 PM

TV writers on Twitter - among others - went crazy over the second season when it aired on Amazon, so I'm not surprised at all that's translated into Emmy noms. Still, I'm glad and hope it actually wins some of them.

by Anonymousreply 74July 16, 2019 5:24 PM

I actually do believe it was last season’s best comedy and it will win. The plot lines were outrageous, creative and hysterical. Most creative comedic series in my recent memory.

by Anonymousreply 75July 16, 2019 6:35 PM

[quote]Scott's snub makes me so sad!

Agree. He was such a fundamental part of the second season. For everyone else around him to get nominated and for him to get snubbed is sad.

by Anonymousreply 76August 17, 2019 5:03 PM

I guess I'm in the minority, I preferred Season 1 over Season 2 (although I still enjoyed it). Felt to me based on S2 that it was obvious she never wanted to go beyond S1 in the first place.

As for this:

[quote] it’s not clear to me whether Boo knew that it was Fleabag specifically that slept with Boo’s boyfriend or just that he cheated. And it’s not clear to me whether Boo really did intend to kill herself or whether it was accidental (attention l-seeking) as Fleabag claims. I think Fleabag is an unreliable narrator because it’s obviously so painful....

It is clear. Boo said she didn't know who it was he had slept with. And we see Boo say she's going to get hit by a cyclist to get attention. I don't think Fleabag is an unreliable narrator. In fact, I think she's the only reliable character because she's the only one willing to be honest.

by Anonymousreply 77September 9, 2019 2:44 PM

Congrats on Fleabag's Emmy. Btw, I thought PWB had good chemistry with Bill Hader while they presented...

by Anonymousreply 78September 23, 2019 11:01 AM

I watched both seasons, liked hem, but I don’t get the hype. PWB is a genius, giving a new voice to women? Really? It’s Girls meets Bridget Jones.

by Anonymousreply 79September 23, 2019 11:05 AM

I saw her one woman show before the TV version was created.

It’s amazing that she was able to tell the entire story with just her on the stage

by Anonymousreply 80September 23, 2019 11:13 AM

Loved the gorgeous guy who fucked her up the arse

by Anonymousreply 81January 5, 2020 5:50 PM

Ben Aldridge, last seen playing Thomas Wayne in Pennyworth. Gorgeous.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 82January 5, 2020 5:56 PM

I realized she was a major writer before this. I assume this was her chance to get in front of the camera. It is good writing. But very British. Hard not to like it.

Even though it’s all people with money which is always annoying. No one seems to have to work constantly for the money - which is the reality in US anyway. They talk about the sister being stressed by work - yet she has plenty of time to “hangout” with her sister and family. Bunch of toffs with toff problems.

by Anonymousreply 83January 5, 2020 6:03 PM

I don’t get it, it’s boring and she is annoying.I don’t wanna see her get fucked every episode. i did like the episode with Kristin Scott-Thomas though.

by Anonymousreply 84January 18, 2020 8:24 AM

I'd suck the Priest off.

by Anonymousreply 85January 18, 2020 12:10 PM

Okay the episode with the sister’s bad haircut and the season 2 finale were pretty good.

by Anonymousreply 86January 18, 2020 1:05 PM

Ben Aldridge, aka the anal sex obsessed Arsehole Guy, is LGBTQIA!

[quote]The journey to pride was a long one for me. I love the LGBTQ+ community and am incredibly proud and thankful to be a part of it. So much won. So much more to fight for.

Now, I'm guessing he's not trans or a lesbian, so does that mean he likes cock some of the time, most of the time, or none of the time but wants a bit of attention and has done a Jameela.

by Anonymousreply 87June 29, 2020 9:51 PM

Wow, he's lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, questioning/queer, Intersex, asexual?

by Anonymousreply 88June 29, 2020 9:56 PM

Ben Aldridge AND Andrew Scott aka Hot Priest are both gay.

Ben's character is described as enormously endowed so of course the idea of him fucking me in the ass is....lovely

by Anonymousreply 89June 29, 2020 10:02 PM

Totally got "Fleabag" as a nickname. I used to call my cat Phoebe Fleabag. She didn't approve....

by Anonymousreply 90June 29, 2020 10:22 PM

So many gay men were on this show.

by Anonymousreply 91June 30, 2020 7:16 PM

Fleabag And The Hot Priest Are Returning To Screens (Sort Of)

Alas, there is no third season of Fleabag in the pipeline. But fans will be pleased to hear that a mini cast reunion is on the cards. The star of – and brains behind – the hit comedy, Phoebe Waller-Bridge, has teamed up once again with her on-screen love interest the Hot Priest (aka Andrew Scott), for the second season of His Dark Materials.

A trailer for the new series was screened as part of Comic-Con@Home, a four-day virtual entertainment event that’s running until 26 July. Scott plays Jopari in the show, and fans learned that PWB voices his character’s dæmon (the animal-shaped manifestation of his soul, for the uninitiated), in the TV adaptation of author Philip Pullman’s beloved trilogy.

Scott referenced their creative history when acknowledging her involvement, describing her as “someone who is very close to me in my real life: a young performer and writer called Phoebe Waller-Bridge”. He added: “I’m really thrilled about that because it’s all about companionship and friendship and loyalty, and that’s what I feel about Phoebe in real life.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 92July 24, 2020 6:16 PM

The return of Hot Priest.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 93July 25, 2020 3:28 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!