Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

"Fleabag" on Amazon Video

It's really good. She's like a DLer.

The "very good-looking" fuckbuddy isn't that hot, though.

She's self-destructive, makes huge mistakes, but is also surrounded by sociopaths who've done their part to make things shitty.

Fleabag - Season 1 Official Trailer | Amazon Video

Award-winning writer, Phoebe Waller-Bridge, writes and stars as Fleabag, an unfiltered, dry-witted woman who hurls herself at modern living in London as she ...

by Anonymousreply 14606/25/2019

Here's the series on Amazon.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 101/12/2017

It's very good OP and very funny.

And you can understand the accents without much trouble.

by Anonymousreply 201/12/2017

"Chewing Gum" in Netflix is similar in a way (breaking the fourth wall, UK, sex-obsessed). Both leads wrote their respectives series (both started as playwrights).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 301/12/2017

Is Fleabag on BBC1 in the UK?

by Anonymousreply 401/13/2017

The trailer has kind of a Peep Show vibe...and I see Olivia Colman (Sophie) is in this too. I didn't think the trailer was as funny as Peep Show, though. Maybe I'll give it a shot, though.

"Very good-looking" means something different on British tv than it would in America, in any case.

by Anonymousreply 501/13/2017

[quote]Is Fleabag on BBC1 in the UK?

Ya, it is. I watched the whole thing the night of the election. It sure helped with the anxiety.

by Anonymousreply 601/13/2017

Ben Aldridge is the "very good-looking" "Arsehole Guy" (character's name). He's okay.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 701/13/2017

I can't wait to watch it, looks right up my alley. And everyone should watch Chewing Gum, btw, it's absolutely amazing-- quick, quirky, sexy, but a bit grungy and realistic. Love it.

by Anonymousreply 801/13/2017

Season 2 has been announced today!

Unfortunately, we'll have to wait until 2019 to watch it.

Fleabag series 2 is officially confirmed

But it's AGES away.

by Anonymousreply 908/26/2017

Very funny but very uncomfortable to watch.

by Anonymousreply 1008/26/2017

I thought it was awful.

by Anonymousreply 1108/26/2017

I watched it last winter when it was first on Amazon. Hilarious and squirm-inducing in the best way. I look forward to Season 2.

by Anonymousreply 1208/26/2017

Not familiar with either 'Fleabag' or 'Chewing Gum' so I decided to check out some clips on Youtube. I was drawn more to 'Chewing Gum', the main actress is both hilarious and fearless.

by Anonymousreply 1308/26/2017

Interview with the producer, discussing the show at length. Second season to air in early 2019 and will be set a year after the first one.

[quote]When I visit Hampson at her London office, I mention the first season’s novelistic qualities. The shock value seems hard to repeat. How will they overcome Difficult Second Album syndrome? “The key is to not retread old ground”, Hampson believes. “Fleabag’s in a very different place in life from where we left her. The whole of the first series, it was a façade. She was shiny and prim on top, but you didn’t know she was grieving underneath it all. In that last episode, we saw she was broken. We can’t go back to pretending she’s fine again.” There will be a time jump, though. “Whatever our story is, we’re going to start a year on from where we left off.” (Does that mean there’ll be a scene with Fleabag pleasuring herself to Donald Trump? I didn’t ask.)

Can't come soon enough!

Producer Lydia Hampson discusses cult sitcom Fleabag
by Anonymousreply 1404/05/2018

I loved both though, without giving anything away, Fleabag is also deeply sad. Chewing Gum is something else altogether and Michaela Cole is terrific in Black Mirror as well.

The Derry Girls is also well worth watching if you haven't yet seen it.

TRAILER | Derry Girls | Starts Thursday 4th January - YouTube

Find out more on All 4: http://www.channel4.com/programmes/derry-girls

by Anonymousreply 1504/05/2018

I binge watched this on election night. I guess this is one show I will never forget.

by Anonymousreply 1604/05/2018

Tracey Ullman was really pushing this show a year ago. Never saw it.

by Anonymousreply 1704/05/2018

Kumail Nanjiani on Twitter:

[quote]I know I’m late, but Fleabag on Amazon is a miracle. There’s a chance I’ve never loved anything more.

by Anonymousreply 1805/14/2018

I was pleasantly surprised to learn this morning that the first episode of the new season is out! On BBC iPlayer and BBC3, that is. It's coming to BBC1 this evening. Can't wait to see Andrew Scott's priest character. And Kristin Scott-Thomas, and Fiona Shaw, and Olivia freaking Colman!

It will be available internationally on Amazon Prime Video from 17th May.

Meet the cast of Fleabag season two

The second season stars Phoebe Waller-Bridge, Andrew Scott, Kristin Scott-Thomas, Fiona Shaw and Olivia Colman

by Anonymousreply 1903/04/2019

i Watched season 1 when it came out, i thought the actress playing the stepmother was awful. then i found out she was Olivia Colman.

by Anonymousreply 2003/04/2019

I couldn't get into it...it is really dark. I love I'm Sorry though.

by Anonymousreply 2103/04/2019

I watched it and didn't like it. The chick Fleabag is completely unlikable, no redeeming qualities. Maybe if she seemed more horrified by the fucked up behavior of others but she didn't. It was almost like she was getting off on others bad behavior and was amused by her own.

Killing Eve is great though.

by Anonymousreply 2203/04/2019

Is this another one of those "Oh hi everyone, we're all charmless sociopaths doing shocking things in a repulsive way!" sitcoms?

by Anonymousreply 2303/04/2019

The first episode of the second season sure is promising. Andrew Scott looks cuter than ever, although the bad hair genes are slowly coming home to roost, unfortunately.

r22 I love that with this show because I know people like that who are natural disasters manifest. It's all fun and games until shit blows up massively. I don't think the showrunner is sympathetic to the main character she plays at all. She's judging her by showing the consequences of her actions at the very end.

r23 There are great moments of sibling and just human connection throughout. The cuntish behaviour makes those moments stand out even more.

by Anonymousreply 2403/04/2019

I prefer my tv shows about mentally ill women with music, I love Crazy Ex Girlfriend. Similar to Fleabag it's about a hot mess of a woman but with musical numbers.

by Anonymousreply 2503/04/2019

The second and the third episode have been so, [italic]so good[/italic], I can't wait for more people to see this in May. A couple of gags almost made me choke on my food, but it's brilliant and snappy throughout.

by Anonymousreply 2603/19/2019

I loved Derry girls too R15. I especially love the main blonde girl's Mom.

by Anonymousreply 2703/19/2019

Male nudity quotient?

by Anonymousreply 2803/19/2019

The BBC made her cut out the word "cunt" while referring to the priest in the second season. So you can imagine how much nudity there is. There's lots of prosthetic penises, though.

by Anonymousreply 2903/19/2019

I got some misinformation and thought Fleabag was on Amazon Prime as of now, waah! Counting down to May. Derry Girls' next season is another one I'm looking forward to. I also loved Toast of London...yes!

by Anonymousreply 3003/19/2019

I hate this shit.

I tried twice to watch it.

Gave up after 3 minutes.

by Anonymousreply 3103/19/2019

It's just not for you and that's fine. But saying you hate it after only having seen three minutes of it seems odd.

by Anonymousreply 3203/19/2019

I only need 3 minutes to know something's shit.

And this is VERY shit.

by Anonymousreply 3303/19/2019

It’s not shit.

by Anonymousreply 3403/19/2019

It is shit.

by Anonymousreply 3503/19/2019

r33 Good for you.

by Anonymousreply 3603/19/2019

Suburban frau humour.

by Anonymousreply 3703/19/2019

Nope.

by Anonymousreply 3803/19/2019

Yep.

by Anonymousreply 3903/19/2019

The second episode had Olivia Colman and Fiona Shaw both revelling in their respecting roles and I thought my brain might explode from all the delight. Same for Kristin Scott-Thomas in the third episode. I just want to throw a truckload of hard cash at Phoebe so she can continue making this with these fabulous actresses.

I wish Miriam Margolyes were on this show as well.

by Anonymousreply 4003/19/2019

[quote]The second episode had Olivia Colman

Oh, God - she's in EVERYTHING. I'm so sick of her.

by Anonymousreply 4103/19/2019

It’s not shit but since you think it is why are you even on this thread?

by Anonymousreply 4203/19/2019

You're here to stay, aren't you, r41?

by Anonymousreply 4303/19/2019

[quote]It’s not shit but since you think it is why are you even on this thread?

This is only for fangurls who say how great it is?

by Anonymousreply 4403/19/2019

How many different ways can you say it’s shit though?

by Anonymousreply 4503/19/2019

This show is incredible.

by Anonymousreply 4603/21/2019

Incredibly bad.

by Anonymousreply 4703/21/2019

There's always Greg Berlanti's Arrowverse for the jackasses who've come to this thread to shit on something they watched less than 10 minutes of. Or some Andy Cohen-produced garbage on Bravo.

by Anonymousreply 4803/21/2019

I watched the first three episodes of season 2, and I cannot stop thinking about it. Probably the most engaging and exciting thing I have watched in awhile.

by Anonymousreply 4903/21/2019

The kind of woman housewives find “edgy”. The show has some moments but it’s that same old Brit cunty-mannish-women-are-hilarious humour. Breaking the 4th wall is tired.

Overall the show is feh.

by Anonymousreply 5003/21/2019

My fiends and I certainly aren't housewives and we all find it amazing. But good for you for dismissing everyone who likes this show as a housewife; it's not misogynistic at all or anything. It also speaks volumes about why you probably don't enjoy this show. In any case, it's more incisive than edgy. Who even says "edgy" anymore, really?

r49 Agreed! Nothing profound has happened yet but I find myself thinking about it constantly as well, and about all the vicious cycles in my own life. The sibling dynamic is incredible, with a devastating remark always coming at the perfect time. Already excited for the big finish.

[SPOILER] Her breaking the fourth wall is being addressed by another character in the second season, so that's something we haven't seen before.

by Anonymousreply 5103/21/2019

[quote]Who even says "edgy" anymore, really?

He was being ironic.

But anyone who likes this sort of tired cliché unfunny rubbish wouldn't get that.

by Anonymousreply 5203/21/2019

R51, you certainly write like one.

by Anonymousreply 5303/21/2019

R7 looks good to me. Except for the dweeby way he's buttoned the top button.

by Anonymousreply 5403/21/2019

r53 And you type extremely old. But enough about our writing styles. Back to the show, dear!

by Anonymousreply 5503/21/2019

I had no idea Skinner was gay. Here with another one who's been making waves on DL recently - Jonathan Bailey. I wish he had an Insta, though. He seems fun.

r52 Why are you still here? You're just making a spectacle of yourself, honestly.

@hughskinnernet on Instagram: “A late entry for #SuitSunday: Hugh and Jonathan Bailey at the press night for American Psycho at the Almeida Theatre five years ago this…”

403 Likes, 2 Comments - @hughskinnernet on Instagram: “A late entry for #SuitSunday: Hugh and Jonathan Bailey at the press night for American Psycho at…”

by Anonymousreply 5603/21/2019

Is Skinner gay, or out?

by Anonymousreply 5703/21/2019

Think both r57.

by Anonymousreply 5803/21/2019

You can see how hysterically funny she is from this clip. I managed just under 2 minutes of this,

73 Questions With Phoebe Waller-Bridge | Vogue

While rehearsing at the Soho Theatre in London, actress and playwright Phoebe Waller-Bridge answers 73 questions. Phoebe talks about the success of her play-...

by Anonymousreply 5903/22/2019

The main actress and Andrew Scott have incredible chemistry. They've used it in an interesting way, really playing with the audience. I gasped at the last scene of the last episode.

by Anonymousreply 6003/27/2019

I will check out Fleabag. I have an Amazon recommendation: the tv show Tokyo Girl.

by Anonymousreply 6103/27/2019

Andrew Scott last night: a more convincing heterosexual male than *any* heterosexual male alive. Blimey!

by Anonymousreply 6204/02/2019

r62 Right?! That shit was crazy hot.

by Anonymousreply 6304/02/2019

Just binge-watched Season 1. Cannot wait for Season 2.

by Anonymousreply 6404/02/2019

She's currently in NYC doing the stage version at Soho Playhouse. It's sold out.

Season 2 is interesting. There are some funny bits, but there are also some moments where someone should have reigned her in a bit. As usual, Olivia Colman does excellent work.

by Anonymousreply 6504/02/2019

[quote][SPOILER] Her breaking the fourth wall is being addressed by another character in the second season, so that's something we haven't seen before.

Which is a really poor concept. The audience doesn't want to share her attention with anyone else.

by Anonymousreply 6604/02/2019

I think Ben Aldridge is HAF!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6704/02/2019

Scott was a great Hamlet on stage and he's a perfect priest in sin here.

by Anonymousreply 6804/02/2019

r66 I disagree; I like that she's experimenting with the form. Besides, it's just six episodes this season and it's probably the last season, so why not go all out.

by Anonymousreply 6904/02/2019

There's only one episode left, R69 ? Now I'm sad.

by Anonymousreply 7004/02/2019

r70 Yes, it's outrageous!

by Anonymousreply 7104/02/2019

[quote]Besides, it's just six episodes this season and it's probably the last season, so why not go all out.

Do you think it is the last season?

by Anonymousreply 7204/02/2019

r72 I think so, yes. She had to basically be harassed into doing this one as a fan service as it is, and has plenty of other projects on her mind. I'd hate to see her make another season while hating the show.

by Anonymousreply 7304/02/2019

I wish she’d get that mole removed on the side of her forehead.

by Anonymousreply 7404/02/2019

She has claimed it is. At least until she is 50. Hopefully not. I agree with r69, it is a clever playing with the form. I think I may be enjoying this season more than the first season. Though I am watching this one weekly, rather than binge watching it, which may be the difference.

by Anonymousreply 7504/02/2019

The tension building over the season has been so satisfying. The culmination last night was so hot.

by Anonymousreply 7604/02/2019

I'm hoping for the same kind of reckoning next week as in the last season. But who knows, she might subvert those expectations and decide on a different ending.

by Anonymousreply 7704/02/2019

I think so. She loves to subvert expectations, so I'm going in with a blank slate of expectations. There will be the wedding.

by Anonymousreply 7804/02/2019

Is season 2 on Amazon now?

by Anonymousreply 7904/02/2019

r76 Who knew the word "kneel" could sound so hot? I was certain he'd be put off by her after he overheard her sex story at the door, but no, it didn't go into that virgin-whore territory at all. Great writing.

r78 I want to see Colman's character HUMILIATED next week so badly, it's not even funny. I want her to stroke out on the spot; nothing less than that will do.

by Anonymousreply 8004/02/2019

r79 May 17th!

by Anonymousreply 8104/02/2019

Thanks r81!

by Anonymousreply 8204/02/2019

You should keep off the thread, there are too many spoilers!

by Anonymousreply 8304/02/2019

I think the priest noticing her asides show he is very observant and attuned to her. It is the first time we have seen anyway get her on that level, and it is a really interesting and original way of showing that.

by Anonymousreply 8404/02/2019

She also wrote and stars in “Crashing” (on Netflix) with the adorable Jonathan Bailey.

by Anonymousreply 8504/02/2019

It's funny enough, but the actors always make a sucking/smacking sound when they deliver their lines. It's so distracting, I had to stop watching.

by Anonymousreply 8604/03/2019

r85 I watched Crashing for the first time just last month. Another little gem of a show and I'm glad Bailey's taut bod got captured on celluloid for posterity. I've seen people calling for a second season of that one as well, but that definitely won't happen as she's matured creatively too much since then.

r86 I hadn't noticed that but I doubt it's specific to this show. Perhaps it's a RADA thing?

by Anonymousreply 8704/03/2019

I don't find it funny at all. I don't know what I'm supposed to find funny.

by Anonymousreply 8804/03/2019

It's just not your type of humour and that's perfectly fine. All sorts of other comedy shows don't work for me either.

by Anonymousreply 8904/03/2019

Maybe the final episode will have all the characters talking to the camera.

by Anonymousreply 9004/03/2019

r90 I was expecting Claire's drunkard husband to address the camera when Fleabag said "It's a hamster" right in front of him. But no, apparently the priest is special somehow in that he alone registers those asides.

On an unrelated note, I just noticed PWB's character's name has never actually been mentioned on this show. How about that?

This is why the lead character in Fleabag doesn't have a name

Have you ever noticed?

by Anonymousreply 9104/03/2019

R62 yes so damn hot! He is a fantastic actor

by Anonymousreply 9204/03/2019

r91, did you notice at the end of episode 5 how she not only acknowledged the camera, but actually pushed it out of view? She's a sly one with playing with the form!

by Anonymousreply 9304/03/2019

r93 Yes! She's been gradually escalating the effect from the first episode of this season onward. I like how she basically implied with that gesture, "This moment is something special and so is just for me." Or perhaps it's a sign that she's moving on from having an audience altogether.

by Anonymousreply 9404/03/2019

Or maybe the last episode will be her trying to look at the camera and not being able to do so! Oh, I've got you figured out Phoebe Waller-Bridge.

by Anonymousreply 9504/03/2019

Or, that for the first time that we've seen, she had no intention of disassociating during sex. She was going to give him all of herself in that moment. Clever!

by Anonymousreply 9604/03/2019

The next episode is the end, apparently.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9704/05/2019

[quote]I don't find it funny at all. I don't know what I'm supposed to find funny.

You need to be under 25 and femme.

by Anonymousreply 9804/05/2019

[quote]The next episode is the end, apparently.

Thank God for that.

by Anonymousreply 9904/05/2019

[quote] surrounded by sociopaths who've done their part to make things shitty.

Yeah I posted here enough years to know what that feels like.

by Anonymousreply 10004/05/2019

R100 haha

by Anonymousreply 10104/05/2019

R99 are you watching it? You seem very invested!

by Anonymousreply 10204/05/2019

I put little faith in trailers and usually just skip them. However watching this trailer it looks like it might be good. That one fellow briefly seen also played Prince William in The Windsors. He seems to get steady work.

by Anonymousreply 10304/05/2019

I would absolutely recommend it if the trailer is appealing to you. I think people can tell pretty quickly if it is a show they'll respond to. I find if you like it, you love it. I absolutely do.

by Anonymousreply 10404/05/2019

Yup, it ends on Monday. But we'll always have these twelve perfect episodes, rather than twelve seasons of it slowly dying on its ass, were this an American production.

The (two) crazy posters who keep railing against the show in this thread remind me of those people who feel personally attacked when you inform them you don't do anal (or oral, in my case). It's like they feel anyone who doesn't have the exact same preferences as them is broken somehow and they make it into their personal mission to pester you into changing your mind. Quite infantile, really.

Though on DL I've noticed this phenomenon mostly on threads about shows with strong female leads. Figures.

'It is complete': final episode of Fleabag to air on Monday

Phoebe Waller-Bridge’s hit BBC show bows out after two series with a ‘beautiful, perfect ending’

by Anonymousreply 10504/05/2019

Yes, r94 but Andrew also acknowledged her acknowledging the camera, screaming at her stop doing it.

by Anonymousreply 10604/05/2019

[quote]The next episode is the end, apparently.

Oh, she'll be back when the money dries up. Look at the cast of Cold Feet. Every one of them came back for the reboot. (They even asked Helen Baxendale back and she said, "Are you out of your fucking mind? I'm not coming back as a ghost.")

by Anonymousreply 10704/05/2019

They wrapped it up pretty perfectly and I think conclusively.

by Anonymousreply 10804/08/2019

When she shook her head at the camera in the ending smiling with tears in her eyes, pretty much saying "no, you can't follow me anymore," and then walked off, turned and waved bye. Brilliantly done.

by Anonymousreply 10904/09/2019

I'm sorry, I didn't like the ending. In fact, I didn't like the whole episode.

r109 is correct in the description of the last scene, but I felt it was too tied to her thinking she found love and then didn't. I got more of a feeling of "I want to be alone for a bit" rather than "This is goodbye."

by Anonymousreply 11004/09/2019

Standing ovation. The scene where they were sitting at the bus stop and he clasped her hand. The look they exchange was really beautiful and nuanced.

by Anonymousreply 11104/09/2019

R110, I thought the talking to camera was linked to her feeling grief, shame, loneliness, worries she would ever love someone again and that she was quite broken. It was her way of coping, and a sign of her issues. She needed the camera less and less as she made peace with and connected with her family. Which had been eluding her since season 1. She also saw with the priest she could love again, and as the priest said in his sermon, love means hope.

She walked away, with healing, closure, hope and piece of her mother with her still. Fleabag no longer needed us, so she said goodbye. It was a very positive thing for her. If there were another season, it would mean that she had backslid, which wouldn't be necessary. I thought it wrapped it up well.

by Anonymousreply 11204/09/2019

Fleabag's Salvation Was Always In Her Own Hands

Some thoughts on Phoebe Waller-Bridge's perfect goodbye

by Anonymousreply 11304/09/2019

I liked the finale, but it didn't have the bite I always love. It was really tying up loose ends, giving it a finality. I was not as electrified as I have been by previous episodes, which is disappointing. But dysfunction makes the most engaging fiction for me. Anyway the season as a whole was absolutely an A+.

by Anonymousreply 11404/09/2019

The brother-in-law scene went on waaaaaaaaay too long in the final episode.

by Anonymousreply 11504/10/2019

The frocks the sisters wore at wedding were HIDEOUS. Cliaire looks like she's in a peach pastel crochet coathanger coverlet.

It must have been a freezing location shoot though and not the ostensibly summer garden wedding too - I found myself distracted by all the red tipped noses and clearly cold chillled faces.

Second season improved on first by miles.

Worth it for the hot Finn and nothing was hotter than PWB Scott "kneel" confessinal scene.

by Anonymousreply 11604/11/2019

The second series was perfect.

It's insanely big news here in the UK. Surprised they chose to air Killing Eve in the US first rather than capitalise on PWB being front page news at the moment with Fleabag.

Also surprised it didn't leak that this would be the last series since the ending is so "final".

by Anonymousreply 11704/11/2019

I'm firmly in the camp that loved that finale! It's less showy than the first season's, but also more mature in a way. When they sat down at the bus stop and she asked, out of nowhere, "It's God, isn't it?", something just exploded inside me. It seemingly came out of nowhere because he was such a relaxed priest and he was kissing her just before the ceremony. When was the last time faith and romantic love were explored in such a way? And PWB is the last person I'd expect this from.

And her dad finally stringing a full sentence together, only to tell her she feels love deeply and that's why it hurts her so much. And the little statue being a substitute for her mother, eugh. What a perfect little treasure of a show.

Farewell Fleabag: the most electrifying, devastating TV in years

Phoebe Waller-Bridge raised the bar so utterly with her hit show’s second, and final, series that you have to shake your head in astonishment … then go back to the start

by Anonymousreply 11804/11/2019

She may be being brought into punch up the latest Bond script.

Phoebe Waller-Bridge brought in to liven up new Bond script

Fleabag creator, writer and star asked to add her offbeat style to script of new 007 film

by Anonymousreply 11904/14/2019

I don't think most Americans get British humor. I hated this series, especially the female lead. I thought she was crass and unlikeable, there was something creepy about her. Killing Eve is way more popular here in the US, rarely was Fleabag talked about.

by Anonymousreply 12004/14/2019

Long after the first season aired, Fleabag was talked about by everyone I follow on Twitter and listen to on the podcast who just discovered the show. And those were very much all Americans. We just happen to follow different circles, that's all.

[quote]I don't think most Americans get British humor.

I really wouldn't speculate and generalise like that without a quality representative survey before me. That's an anecdotal statement based on a sample of one.

by Anonymousreply 12104/14/2019

I hate Fleabag. Everything is so mannered about it and you can tell this girl is someone who loathes anything genuine or emotional.

by Anonymousreply 12204/14/2019

Some people are hardened and damaged, and are drawn to that sort of fiction. I know I am. It is very soothing and cathartic to experience how you feel inside, outside of yourself. It allows you to question and interrogate what that is. This show blew me away, but I don't expect this show to have a universal appeal.

by Anonymousreply 12304/14/2019

A conversation and Q&A with Andrew Scott of Fleabag.

Interesting that SAG-AFTRA is doing these events for British shows as well, especially those that haven't aired in the US yet.

Conversations with Andrew Scott of FLEABAG

A Q&A with Andrew Scott of FEABAG. Moderated by Lesley O'Toole. Fleabag (Phoebe Waller-Bridge) is back for a second bite, and this time she is going toe to t...

by Anonymousreply 12404/26/2019

Just watched that video all the way through. Andrew Scott is pure sex. Handsome, intelligent, cool. funny. My God!

by Anonymousreply 12504/26/2019

Does Andrew Scott wear a very bad hairpiece or has he got the worst possible style?

by Anonymousreply 12604/26/2019

Out on Amazon today!

by Anonymousreply 12705/17/2019

I rewatched Season 1 of Fleabag again because I didn't remember anything from the first season. The motorcycle guy that likes fucking her asshole and doesn't have a name is very good-looking.

Yup, he's very very good-looking, handsome, etc.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12805/19/2019

Agreed, he's delicious.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12905/19/2019

Such a shame this show is not eligible for any of the US awards. I've seen nothing but praise for the second season.

by Anonymousreply 13005/26/2019

Hated season 1 but loved season 2 of Fleabag. I gave season 2 a chance after so many people said it was good and I was not disappointed. Don’t really like Killing Eve but I am going to give it another shot.

by Anonymousreply 13105/26/2019

The AV Club has such nice write-ups of the episodes. I only realised when reading them that Fleabag isn't the only one who's not named on the show; Dad and Godmother are the same in that regard.

In fact, in the last-ever episode, Olivia Colman seems to have a little meta moment of breaking the fourth wall herself when she looks at Dad while she's introducing people, stops for a moment and goes "This is... this is... God, how extraordinary... I always just call you darling..." And we get a glance from Phoebe in that moment.

TV Reviews - Fleabag - Pop culture news, movie, TV, music and gaming reviews. | The A.V. Club

Recaps from The A.V. Club's TV experts

by Anonymousreply 13205/26/2019

Has anyone managed to track down the Insta of the extra who plays Asif, the gorgeous bisexual Syrian refugee, in the finale?

by Anonymousreply 13305/26/2019

R94 and r106, I took the priest’s detection of Fleabag’s breakage of the fourth wall as a sign of deeper connection to her than the other characters.

by Anonymousreply 13405/26/2019

r134 Yes, you're right, but we weren't as far along into the season at that point to recognise that yet. He's the one who got the closest to her and saw the wall breaking as a defence mechanism. The rest were too involved with themselves to notice.

There's also been some speculation that she started with the glances after Boo's death and that she's actually addressing her. Note that she never looks into the camera in the flashbacks before Boo died.

by Anonymousreply 13505/26/2019

Asif, for reference.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13605/26/2019

Bring me his Insta!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13705/26/2019

R131 I tried and I don't like Killing Eve either. Sandra Oh drives me nuts.

by Anonymousreply 13805/29/2019

"Where's Claire?!"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13905/30/2019

I don’t like it much. She has a Lena Dunham meets Bridget Jones vibe I can’t get behind. At the start of the first episode when she had a late night breakdown on her dad’s door stoop it was all too predictable.

by Anonymousreply 14005/30/2019

I didn't like her at first but she kind of grew on me. It's the sister who is an unpleasant bitch. Anyway,, I rewatched the first season and found it funny. The second season with Andrew Scott---who was extremely good-- was more mature and heartbreaking.

by Anonymousreply 14105/30/2019

Her sister, Isobel Waller-Bridge, is a composer and even wrote the dirty lyrics for the choral music.

[quote]Director Harry Bradbeer said, “Iso wrote the lyrics for it. But all the words are basically Latin or Greek words for private parts of the body, repeated at various intervals. They’re basically saying, ‘Cock, cunt, arse.’ So there’s a little detail that not everybody knows.”

‘Fleabag’: Of Course Isobel Waller-Bridge Wrote That Divine Score With Dirty Greek Lyrics

The composer’s work can also be heard on the upcoming season of “Black Mirror.”

by Anonymousreply 14206/04/2019

Jake G meeting with Phoebe last week. New project?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14306/10/2019

Halfway through Season 1.

She's great and I find it generally fascinating. She has a knack for taking a very well worn story path or idea and just taking it slightly in a different direction.

by Anonymousreply 14406/10/2019

Watched both seasons this weekend. So good! I definitely preferred the second season. Andrew Scott was delicious as the priest, I had not thought about him since Sherlock, shame on me.

by Anonymousreply 14506/25/2019

It's incredibly well written, but awkward, I think someone way upthread said the same thing.

by Anonymousreply 14606/25/2019
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Don't you just LOVE clicking on these things on every single site you visit? I know we do! You can thank the EU parliament for making everyone in the world click on these pointless things while changing absolutely nothing. If you are interested you can take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT and we'll set a dreaded cookie to make it go away. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!