Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

British Royal Family Gossip: Part 29

Keep calm and carry on!

A new poll - how long will the Sussex marriage last?

by Anonymousreply 602March 19, 2019 3:44 PM

20% think they're madly in love. Oh my sides.

by Anonymousreply 1March 15, 2019 8:12 PM

I didn't mind Princess Margaret's wedding dress, it was the HUGE false hair she had on the top of her head that ruined the look for me.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2March 15, 2019 8:15 PM

Believe The Queen. She knows of what she speaks.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3March 15, 2019 8:16 PM

I wonder if Carole Middleton has ever had PC and Camilla to the Middleton home for Sunday dinner over the years...is that something that could realistically happen?

by Anonymousreply 4March 15, 2019 8:58 PM

R3. When photographers in Australia caught her and Prince Philip in the midst of a massive row, she collected herself, and went out to request the film, saying, "Of course, these things happen in every family." Including thrown tennis rackets.

by Anonymousreply 5March 15, 2019 9:14 PM

I am watching the documentary 'Reinventing the Royals' mentioned by another poster. Charles was a swine in the way he used his sons to boost his reputation after Diana's death. Really disgusting. It's no wonder that William has turned out to be so guarded and Harry is a train wreck.

by Anonymousreply 6March 15, 2019 9:35 PM

Meghan has pregnacy-related bowel problems (the runs) but she tells people it's irritable bowel syndrome and appears to be angling for a gig as an IBS spokesman after the baby is born. Harry has put his foot down and said no, but she's been lobbying Charles directly for his support.

by Anonymousreply 7March 15, 2019 9:37 PM

According to this article, Charles allows red squirrels inside his house in Scotland. That seems as unlikely as Doria's little brindle horse traversing the tunnels between Frogmore Cottage and Frogmore House. I wonder if that poor creature is equipped with a miner's helmet. ;-)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8March 15, 2019 9:53 PM

Charles certainly wouldn't let squirrels run around Highgrove. He doesn't even let Camilla's grandchildren visit. It is supposed to be like a museum.

In the T and C pic, it really looks like his rosacea is getting worse. He has a growth on the tip of his nose.

by Anonymousreply 9March 15, 2019 10:07 PM

Isn't it odd that Lady Gabriella doesn't have an engagement ring or at least isn't wearing it in her engagement photo? Her hand is situated as though to display one, but there's nothing there. Weird. A very handsome couple. She's 37, somewhat old for marriage in the RF. I looked up her Wiki bio and it appears that she is the best educated member of the RF -- she has a BA from Brown and a Masters from Oxford. Most interestingly, she had a long term relationship with British/Indian/Pakistani writer. I wonder how her mother handled that!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10March 15, 2019 10:12 PM

George is so cute in R3's shot. I guess he can be a bit of a rascal sometimes.

by Anonymousreply 11March 15, 2019 10:18 PM

Oh, my goodness! The author who dated Lady Gabriella is apparently well-known. He wrote a widely condemned kiss and tell article about their relationship for Vanity Fair. And get this:

[quote] Taseer, 38, once tipped to marry the daughter of Prince and Princess Michael of Kent, is now living in America as a gay man "happily married" to a white husband, 32-year-old lawyer Ryan Davis.

[quote]the tabloid newspaper, whose Eton-educated editor Geordie Greig has excellent royal contacts, implied that Gabriella may have started having doubts about her boyfriend's sexuality.

[quote]The suggestion has always been that Gabriella's mother, Princess Michael of Kent, blocked the marriage because she did not want an Asian son-in-law.

I love being off work and having a lazy Friday afternoon to dig around and post on DL.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12March 15, 2019 10:19 PM

The baby is a girl and her name will be Meghan Diana. You heard it here first.

by Anonymousreply 13March 15, 2019 11:00 PM

Apprx a year before their engagement was announced, Kate began preparations to enter the BRF, including being confirmed by the Church of England.

After the engagement was announced in Nov 2010, Will had a 3-month affair with an as yet unidentified woman. Kate only later had her first official public event on Feb 2011 by inaugurating a rubber raft. Will's participation in the wedding preparations was minute, allowing his father to pick out the music. Kate & Will waited 10 days to leave on their honeymoon, not b/c Will went right back to work as a pilot but b/c there were no honeymoon plans and there was a 10 day before they could get into the appropriate place in the Seychelles.

This is what is meant when people say "just look at way Will treats Kate." And yes, I am sure Charles sees her as ideal.

by Anonymousreply 14March 16, 2019 1:20 AM

Apart from the one about her having the shits, your trolling is annoying because they could conceivably be true R14.

I can believe Markle asking for a white pony & I can believe William would shag around.

But you ruined it with the runs. Markle is the type who wants every one to believe she emits rose petals.

Ah well....

by Anonymousreply 15March 16, 2019 1:35 AM

For those new to Datalounge or haven't been here long, the pony story is a classic bit of DL trolling. The hey day of the EST was about 8-10 years ago; we don't get them much anymore.

by Anonymousreply 16March 16, 2019 1:44 AM

That picture of the "pony" was from the site of a Welsh farm that raises quarter horses.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17March 16, 2019 1:59 AM

[[R15]]

I am not the pony person and I don't joke about IBS.

by Anonymousreply 18March 16, 2019 2:20 AM

Quite right. No one should ever joke about IBS. That’s a line that no decent person would cross.

Sincerest apologies, R18.

by Anonymousreply 19March 16, 2019 2:33 AM

R9 It's getting so much worse that I'm starting to think there is some other issue going on too other than the rosacea. His fingers do look oddly plump. Either way I'm not really worried about his health because his family have always had access to the best doctors. Though Charles believes in some forms of alternative medicine like homeopathy and he's really stubborn about it. If he ever does get sick I wonder whether or not he'd actually accept treatment other than homeopathy.

by Anonymousreply 20March 16, 2019 3:24 AM

[quote] I can believe Markle asking for a white pony & I can believe William would shag around.

I never said anything about William. You've got your trolls crossed.

by Anonymousreply 21March 16, 2019 3:30 AM

[quote]Charles allows red squirrels inside his house in Scotland.

That is adorable and he is now my favorite royal.

by Anonymousreply 22March 16, 2019 4:15 AM

To the posters speculating that Senior royals would attend Ella Windsor's upcoming wedding: likely not. None of them attended her brother's wedding a few years ago, to Sophie Winkelman. The closest we'll see to immediate royals there will probably going to be Bea and/or Eug.

by Anonymousreply 23March 16, 2019 4:56 AM

Might that not depend on how well-liked Lady Gabriella is?

by Anonymousreply 24March 16, 2019 6:20 AM

Wills and Kate, sham marriage.

by Anonymousreply 25March 16, 2019 6:51 AM

R4, I don't know but can easily imagine it. Carole seems like she would be very keen and experienced at having dinner parties and entertaining, eg, Christmas trees in all the bedrooms.

by Anonymousreply 26March 16, 2019 7:11 AM

On the previous thread was a picture of the Queen on a dazzlingly beautiful black horse. Her dogs and horses always look so healthy and content.

by Anonymousreply 27March 16, 2019 7:24 AM

She loves them, R27.

by Anonymousreply 28March 16, 2019 10:53 AM

R28, Yes, she does!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29March 16, 2019 11:32 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30March 16, 2019 11:42 AM

The DM also said Hazbean moving into KP, Doria coming for Christmas, and Christian Jones is devoted to Megs. Waiting now for the water birth at Frogmore Palace. When will the crap PR come up with believable lies?

by Anonymousreply 31March 16, 2019 12:14 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32March 16, 2019 12:15 PM

That footage is wonderful R29. Seeing her run is one thing but seeing her being handed 16 quid is beyond!

by Anonymousreply 33March 16, 2019 12:39 PM

Such a sweet video at r29. Is that Lord Porchester watching the race with her? Handsome man.

by Anonymousreply 34March 16, 2019 1:25 PM

I really hope that Meghan won't be allowed to take the baby back to LA,especially if it's a girl.If she takes her to LA,she'll become the typical stupid,shallow LA/American teen who posts sexy bikini/thong pics on Instagram.The baby has to stay in the UK.

by Anonymousreply 35March 16, 2019 1:38 PM

Love that, R29. I'm always struck by HM's cute high-pitched voice. This is where I always wonder how Meghan manages in this crowd. Being from LA, she has nothing in common with them in terms of their horsey, country interests. What does she do when they all start enthusiastically discussing horses and hunting and polo and breeding etc? Diana wasn't into that stuff either, but at least she grew up in it.

by Anonymousreply 36March 16, 2019 1:41 PM

I look forward to Lady Gabriella's wedding, can't wait to see the dress. Handsome couple. Does she get a tiara?

by Anonymousreply 37March 16, 2019 1:42 PM

So will Meghan have to curtsy to her own daughter??

by Anonymousreply 38March 16, 2019 1:45 PM

R31 - Truly. The story about Will's three-month affair after his engagement (to an as-yet unidentified woman, and she's unindentifiabe not "as yet" but because she never existed); Doria at Sandrigham for Christmas; the Queen writing an admiring letter to Meghan after the Morocco tour; William calling his 97 year old grandfather who is probably barely able to remember what day it is for "advice" about Harry - because, as we all know, William immediately called his contact at the DM to tell them about a personal family call he made; Christian Jones was devoted to Meghan; Meghan is going to have a doula rather than a traditional midwife-nurse-nanny . . .

This stuff comes from people who get everything they know about life from radaronline, Lainey, the DM, Katie Nicholls at VF, and Kaiser on Celebitchy.

by Anonymousreply 39March 16, 2019 2:03 PM

R36 I doubt she spends much time with the RF, she doesn't seem in sync when they are around her for official events. And I guess when she's with Harry he doesn't get a word in edgeways.

by Anonymousreply 40March 16, 2019 2:03 PM

R30 - That is the funniest of the many outright fictions the DM have printed recently. Clarence House is the private residence of Charles and Camilla - and it will probably remain so even after Charles is King. The idea that Camilla would have been just delighted to have a wing of her home renovated to accommodate her stepson and his hated wife and their sprog is beyond laughable.

And if it HAD been offered, Meghan would have jumped at it in order to keep her claws in her father in law and his purse strings. She would have seen it as proof of how much Charles loves her.

by Anonymousreply 41March 16, 2019 2:08 PM

R33, Yes, I love that little head bob she gave when she was given her winnings! Her enthusiasm can be so infectious, when she drops her guard a bit. She was such a distant mother with Charles and Anne, but that when she was just getting used to her duties as Queen. Later on, she became a very hands-on grandmother.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42March 16, 2019 2:21 PM

R30 - The article has all the earmarks of PR staff leaks in an effort to reset the public image of the family relationships.

The only things in it that are worth retrieving is that the UK taxpayer is paying for Sarah Latham, whilst the Queen and Charles are paying for the rest of the Sussex staff at BP; that other royals also have their staff in offices at BP so it's no biggie that the Sussexes got a few offices, too; and that the "offer" of Clarence House wasn't an offer at all - the assumption is that Charles will move to BP when the Queen dies, and at that time, Wills and Kate would have been in line for CH but have insisted they will stay on at KP (due to the four million quid the taxpayer shelled out for its renovation), and then it was suggested the Sussexes could have CH but they declined - a theory so at variance with reality it beggars description.

No one would have offered the sixth in line Clarence House even if Charles did leave it, which he may not do at all as no one wants to live in BP. Charles will likely have a large official suite and offices in BP once he comes to the Throne but "live" at CH.

You have to be really careful with the DM, which turns abstract theory into hypnotic suggestion. Buried inside the fairytales they spin are always a few nuggets of truth and you have to pry them out to get the real gist.

Which are, in this case: the new Sussex "household" is little different from the other minor royals whose "offices" are based in the old pile; the Queen and Charles have to support most of it (which means revenues from the Duchies of Cornwall and Lancaster, which, if you go far enough back, are taxpayer money), and the Sovereign Grant will directly pay Sarah Latham. Whilst, a few streets away, the Cambridges keep their independent staff with them, a team that doesn't have to report to the BP Communications Chief, and will by all odds get Apt 1 when the Gloucesters leave after a decent interval, and will then have a vast holding in KP of about 40 rooms, half of which will be their official residence and half reception rooms and staff quarters as their public life steps up as the inevitable looms.

In other words, in real terms, this is more marking of the Sussexes as minor royals.

by Anonymousreply 43March 16, 2019 2:21 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44March 16, 2019 2:23 PM

And was I asleep that I somehow missed that Lady Davina Windsor and her hot Maori husband, Gary Lewis, were quietly divorced last year?! The announcement was just released by Buck House!

Does this mean he's available now??!!!

by Anonymousreply 45March 16, 2019 2:27 PM

R38 Technically yes, but that's unlikely.

You don't see Kate curtsying to George or Charlotte. I've never seen photos flying around of Fergie curtsying to Bea and Eugenie. If they exist I'd love to see them. I've read that the Queen Mother curtsied to HM twice, once when Liz returned to the UK as queen after her father's death and again at her coronation.

by Anonymousreply 46March 16, 2019 2:29 PM

Is it true that Prince Harry reached out to Jussie Smollet's camp to offer words of support from him and Princess Meghan?

by Anonymousreply 47March 16, 2019 2:30 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 48March 16, 2019 2:30 PM

The used "cultural differences" to call time on a relationship after 15 years (they met in 2000)? That's like the politicians who quit "to spend more time with my family."

by Anonymousreply 49March 16, 2019 2:36 PM

Kate would be better off without William. She comes from a wealthy family and could enjoy a nice upper middle class life with a well to do husband living in the countryside. Wills is a ugly drip. And apparently according to some threads he is a cheating ungrateful dog. She already popped out the future King of England she could also play up a divorced Duchess persona and ride on that aristo wave to capture romantic and business opportunities. So what else is there for her to do and hang around for? I hope she leaves him when the kids are a bit older.

by Anonymousreply 50March 16, 2019 2:40 PM

R47 - Oh, I do hope so - it would them look like the reflexive shallow idiots they are.

R49 - Who knows - Lewis is easily the most attractive person to marry into the famil in the modern era. I can only imagine the young Davina's reaction to him - you can see her dazzled eyes as she looks up at him as they leave the chapel after the wedding servce. I remember when they were married looking at the photos and thinking, You go, gurl!

Maybe he wants to go home and she wants to stay here. They lived in NZ for awhile and then moved back to Britain. Maybe he wants to go home.

by Anonymousreply 51March 16, 2019 2:42 PM

How pathetic is Kate for hanging around years for a man that never really wanted her until he had no options! She deserves her fate with shitty William.

by Anonymousreply 52March 16, 2019 2:44 PM

Peter and Autumn Phillips attended the Cheltenham races. There are other photos of Zara and Anne at the same event. Sometimes I wonder how Zara can afford all of those outfits and hats? Where does she get her money?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 53March 16, 2019 2:44 PM

R52 - Go back to TUMBLR.

by Anonymousreply 54March 16, 2019 2:46 PM

I think Charlotte looks like William's side of the family.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 55March 16, 2019 2:51 PM

One of my favorite photos of the Queen and Prince Philip. This was taken in Scotland in 1996.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 56March 16, 2019 2:51 PM

Cheeky George with Saucy Savannah.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 57March 16, 2019 2:53 PM

A young Elizabeth with her grandparents, King George V and Queen Mary.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 58March 16, 2019 2:55 PM

Lipstick Lizzie!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 59March 16, 2019 2:55 PM

Multiple photos of the Meander Tiara - worn by Prince Philip's mother Alice, Princess Anne and her daughter Zara.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 60March 16, 2019 2:58 PM

You can tell William didn't want Kate because he had three children with her.

by Anonymousreply 61March 16, 2019 2:59 PM

New engagement for Harry. It's like they're trying to find him something to do with his time.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 62March 16, 2019 2:59 PM

Kate's Jamaican midwife gets a promotion.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 63March 16, 2019 3:03 PM

Meghan meeting Obama. Look at the look on her face.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 64March 16, 2019 3:05 PM

Charles and Camilla get in a fit of giggles.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 65March 16, 2019 3:07 PM

People, don't forget the DM note about the deeply religious Markle and her close relationship with the Archbishop. Everybody believes that.

by Anonymousreply 66March 16, 2019 3:06 PM

I don't know if they're dancing or greeting each other.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 67March 16, 2019 3:07 PM

R61, men never needed a reason to have easily available sex with someone they’re ambivalent about.

by Anonymousreply 68March 16, 2019 3:12 PM

You heard it here first: baby name (for girl) is Lady Keisha Windsor-Ragland. The tradition in black American matriarchies (because let’s not face it, most of them are) is to take the motner’s name and append it to the father’s. Usually this is done by middle class and upper middle class professional women.

If it’s a boy it’s going to be Lord Darnell Windsor.

by Anonymousreply 69March 16, 2019 3:14 PM

Actually, r66, that tidbit came from one of Meghan's friends in that article to People. She no doubt fed that to her friends and wants that circulated. As if...

by Anonymousreply 70March 16, 2019 3:15 PM

R66 - Actually, in fairness, that was one of MeAgain's anonymous "friends" in the now infamous PEOPLE Magazine Defence of Meghan article. So that time it wasn't really the DM's fault.

by Anonymousreply 71March 16, 2019 3:31 PM

Oh thank you both so much. I stand corrected. Markle's crap PR had the Archbishop lie placed in the infamous People Five Friends article, not in the DM.

by Anonymousreply 72March 16, 2019 3:46 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 73March 16, 2019 3:55 PM

Is Gabriela bearding or just delusional. Her ex bf and now her fiancé are both gay...good taste though, Tom Kingston is delicious.

by Anonymousreply 74March 16, 2019 4:04 PM

Probably Madam MEgain R73. She's just gone on maternity leave and is pumping that press out today.

by Anonymousreply 75March 16, 2019 4:23 PM

She will have time now to spread rumors around and certainly of Kate . We will be vigilant 😂

by Anonymousreply 76March 16, 2019 4:46 PM

As irksome as Meghan has been, one benefit is that everyone questions any bad press about the other royals and assumes it's Meghan feeding the stories.

by Anonymousreply 77March 16, 2019 4:53 PM

R64 - PhotoShop

by Anonymousreply 78March 16, 2019 5:04 PM

R77....which makes zero sense and not even the most vicious of meghan frau haters believe she is feeding the daily fail of all places. That story came from a friend in Kate's circle which was confirmed by the reporter.

by Anonymousreply 79March 16, 2019 5:11 PM

Are you fucking dense, r79? Of course Meghan is feeding the DM.

by Anonymousreply 80March 16, 2019 5:21 PM

Lol. The DM is a Sussex favorite.

by Anonymousreply 81March 16, 2019 5:37 PM

William was at the rugby match to see Wales beat Ireland.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 82March 16, 2019 6:02 PM

Markle is not feeding the DM, R80. They can’t stand her. If she’s feeding anyone it’s Vanity Fair & People.

And, to be honest, I don’t think you, of all people, should be calling anyone “dense” given the tedious bullshit you insist on bringing to this thread.

by Anonymousreply 83March 16, 2019 6:04 PM

How did William garner such a bad reputation? Are there any examples of his bad behaviour? I always read he was quite down to earth and preferred a quiet life. I understand why he needed to toughen himself up though from the sensitive, shy boy he was.

by Anonymousreply 84March 16, 2019 6:08 PM

The "bad rep" stems primarily from sources related to Charles' biographer, Robert Jobson, that said Williams can be grand and somewhat imperious. But Charles in the past has thrown his sons under the bus to paint himself in a positive light so I see much of this as spin. And should it be 100% accurate I think it comes from his circumstances. He lived through his mother's impulsiveness and emotional instability and his father's rash behavior re: Camilla--all played out too visibly on the world stage. Such piss poor examples of parenting is no wonder he feels like he has to always be the goddamn grown-up in the room.

An FYI on "Turnip Toffs," an appellation I was not familiar:

[quote]The 'turnip toffs' are the landed gentry of the Norfolk area where the land is good for growing crops such as turnips. Norfolk people are often characterised as being 'country bumpkins' and so it does indicate that they are going to a rural area.

by Anonymousreply 85March 16, 2019 6:28 PM

I agree he had an unstable home but I can't imagine either of them doubt their parents loved them. It must be difficult knowing you have an unavoidable but daunting life ahead of you and you are always being judged. Harry, in some ways, got it much easier. William could never afford to outwardly rebel or disgrace himself so I guess in many ways that can put a lot of strain on a person. I can see how he might have gone the other way and started to take himself very seriously.

by Anonymousreply 86March 16, 2019 7:00 PM

“Turnip Toffs” is a Daily Mail invention which, like “fetch”, they keep trying unsuccessfully to make happen.

The rest of the story is the usual Mail non-story. It doesn’t even make sense, as the comments rightly point out.

by Anonymousreply 87March 16, 2019 7:00 PM

R73 - at least if DM is going to make up a story, they should try to make it believable.

David Cholmondeley, 7th Marquess of Cholmondeley, acts as Lord Great Chamberlain of the United Kingdom, a role he is entitled to hold for the duration of present Queen's reign. Yeah, like he and his wife would want to compete with William and Catherine. He serves the Crown, he doesn't compete with its future monarch. Duh.

by Anonymousreply 88March 16, 2019 7:12 PM

For the most acurate Meghan news, I rely on no one but myself. No one can analyze a photo like I can-- not the Daily Mail and CERTAINLY NOT the fraus on Celebitchy!

by Anonymousreply 89March 16, 2019 7:12 PM

R88 - forgot to mention that Marchioness is a patron of the EACH charity, along with the Duchess of Cambridge. They're most probably friends.

by Anonymousreply 90March 16, 2019 7:13 PM

The Marchioness looks like a young Alex Kingston in one of the DM photos.

by Anonymousreply 91March 16, 2019 7:19 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 92March 16, 2019 7:26 PM

How long of a drive is it from Frogmore Cottage to London?

by Anonymousreply 93March 16, 2019 7:32 PM

And I’m sorry, Frogmore Cottage looks like a depressing dump from the outside. It’s so obvious The Queen as sending the Sussexes a message

by Anonymousreply 94March 16, 2019 7:37 PM

R92 Puke, MeeAgain will probably be the first and last recipient of said Amal Award. I am sure it was discussed on the long private jet ride back to London from NY.

by Anonymousreply 95March 16, 2019 7:38 PM

These self-proclaimed humanitarians are so full of themselves it's beyond belief.

by Anonymousreply 96March 16, 2019 7:40 PM

[quote]How long of a drive is it from Frogmore Cottage to London?

Depending on traffic it's about an hour, but it's only 20 minutes via the subterranean network.

by Anonymousreply 97March 16, 2019 7:42 PM

OMG Meghan Markle and her familiars have fed stories to the Daily Mail since time. You'd think her sugars could keep up.

That "Kate's rival" story is a non-story. As EVERYONE knows, in a tabloid, "Friend of" most frequently means "This reporter." As we can see, they haven't even had the time to come up with a reason for the rivalry, what they might be rivalring about, etc.

It is Megsy, OR, if one wants to let Meg off the hook for this one, it is the tabloid which recently discovered that Kate and Will had a neighbor where the wife was Kate's age and decided, "Well, let's do a story, that could be a change of pace." Third is Rose (the rival) put it out herself, to advance herself, which often happens. Someone puts out a story that someone high status is "jealous" or "threatened" by them to get publicity for themselves.

Kate's friends don't talk unless they put their names to the quotes. Certainly they don't do a story that is, "BTW, in the same county as Kate is a woman Kate's age. Here is her entire biography. and her husband's biography. Kate seems to see her as a rival but we don't know what about or why. Do a story on this, will you?"

by Anonymousreply 98March 16, 2019 8:00 PM

R96 over the past few years I had hoped the celebrity humanitarian bullshit was finally being called out. I am in New York and I trace it to post-9/11. The number of mediocre celebrities who descended upon ground zero and madly virtue signaled got to be insufferable, and then of course came hangers on who followed. Then came Katrina and fucking Sean Penn in a motorboat with a camera crew following him. Then Angelina Jolie's long long turn posing in drapery in third world countries. I would think a "woke" mindset would put the spotlight on people who have dedicated their lives to humanitarian causes - not outsiders, but people in those communities.

by Anonymousreply 99March 16, 2019 8:03 PM

To top it off, Kate and Rose look friendly in what appears an unforced way to me.

by Anonymousreply 100March 16, 2019 8:09 PM

Who is Wills having an affair with? The real scandal is btween Kate and Wills. Their marriage is BS! Harry and Meghan at least were/ are in obvious lust, sexual attraction. Not true with the Cambridges.

by Anonymousreply 101March 16, 2019 8:20 PM

And dont give me crap about " but they have 3 kids". Waity Katy probably is obliged to roll over for Wills 24/7! Not necessarily out of love either.

by Anonymousreply 102March 16, 2019 8:23 PM

You and me both, r96. I don't understand how many folks cannot see that it is a shtick. Angelina, Amal and Meghan, among others, are transparently using 'causes' to build their image. I think it stems in part from Diana. The difference being; however, that Diana seemed to care about her causes and the people affected. AIDS sufferers, landmine victims...She had many faults, and perhaps she was just a very good actor, but she seemed to really connect with people and want to help them or bring attention to their plight. (And perhaps this was so because she was already the most famous woman in the world and did not need the build her image.)

by Anonymousreply 103March 16, 2019 8:23 PM

Harry may have had true lust for Meghan. Meghan did whatever she had to do and acted however she had to act to get the ring. That woman has no true emotions for anyone.

by Anonymousreply 104March 16, 2019 8:25 PM

I really do think that Diana had the capacity for empathy and it showed. People with borderline features are capable of experiencing it, unlike true narcissists or sociopaths. Diana had an excess of emotion, in general, and she could feel on behalf of others.

by Anonymousreply 105March 16, 2019 8:30 PM

Nope R99, now they have college courses in how to virtue signal. It's a thing.

by Anonymousreply 106March 16, 2019 8:33 PM

It made me sad when I read that Camilla wears Diana’s jewelry.

by Anonymousreply 107March 16, 2019 8:36 PM

Does anyone think that Amal looks like Joan Crawford? Can't stop seeing that. She and Meghan are using each other and their respective hubbies.

by Anonymousreply 108March 16, 2019 8:39 PM

To me it is clear that Diana really had empathy for others by her work to bring awareness to AIDS and to humanize those afflicted. There may be those on this thread who were not alive then. She had no way of knowing that her efforts would be lauded. The fact that she touched AIDS patients could have led to much criticism. People were hysterical back then and used the disease as an excuse to exercise their homophobia. It was a little thing she did, but it meant a lot to me back then.

by Anonymousreply 109March 16, 2019 8:52 PM

I doubt Will is cheating on Kate.

by Anonymousreply 110March 16, 2019 8:56 PM

You are all committing treason and are all going to jail!!!!

by Anonymousreply 111March 16, 2019 9:10 PM

I see nothing to indicate the Cambridges are in a sham marriage. If anything, they are rather warm toward one another and in sync in every manner as to suggest a deep intimacy and connection without even physically touching, unlike the fuckups who must paw and handle each other as if desperate to prove their "love story." And before you pounce that they are simply acting, then it reflects even more poorly on MEghan's shitty acting skills that she is so much less convincing than amateur role players William and Catherine.

by Anonymousreply 112March 16, 2019 9:13 PM

40 minutes R 93

by Anonymousreply 113March 16, 2019 9:16 PM

How does the aristocracy or the landed gentry regard extramarital affairs these days? My understanding is that they were expected and accepted in older times partly because marriages weren't love matches, rather business arrangements or were based on need (think of poor Consuelo Vanderbilt forced by her mother to marry the impecunious Duke of Marlborough). Is there a greater expectation of fidelity now? I watched the documentary "Margaret: The Rebel Princess." One of the older ladies interviewed, her name escapes me, rued for the day when people went off and had their discreet affairs. It was preferable to the tawdriness of the Charles and Diana mess.

by Anonymousreply 114March 16, 2019 9:28 PM

Old quirk of common law-- women in the royal family can be publicly whipped for adultery by an agent designed by the monarch. Queen Elizabeth has never exercised her privilege and used the law, but there was talk that she might back in the days of Diana.

by Anonymousreply 115March 16, 2019 9:32 PM

R88 David (Rocksavage) Cholmondeley, 7th Marquess of Cholmondeley has always been widely assumed to be Gay, he's never really denied it and even made a gay themed movie called Other Voices, Other Rooms based on a Truman Capote novel in the 1990's

His wife conveniently conceived non-identical twins shortly after they married in 2009 when he was already 48 (almost 49).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 116March 16, 2019 9:45 PM

^^Shortly Before they married^^

by Anonymousreply 117March 16, 2019 9:56 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 118March 16, 2019 10:08 PM

Yes R116 because producing a gay themed movie automatically brands the producer as gay.

Rolling my eyes as I type.

by Anonymousreply 119March 16, 2019 10:16 PM

Nothing's pulsing here, I'm afraid R118

by Anonymousreply 120March 16, 2019 10:19 PM

R108 Yes! Now I cant unsee that. Also... a drag queen Anne Hathaway who is set on playing Crawford in a Hallmark movie.

by Anonymousreply 121March 16, 2019 10:27 PM

R33 the head nod is something else! I love seeing candid moments like that. A family friend had dealings with the Queen and adores her. His anecdotes showed her to be genuinely interested in others and good company.

R109 I agree with you. At the time it was an incredibly bold move that no other royal would have considered. She will always have my respect for that.

This might be an unpopular opinion but I think Angelina Jolie has genuine empathy which is the real reason for her eating disorder.

by Anonymousreply 122March 16, 2019 10:34 PM

[quote] I think Angelina Jolie has genuine empathy which is the real reason for her eating disorder.

or drugs ¯_(ツ)_/¯

by Anonymousreply 123March 16, 2019 10:48 PM

Actually most of the time in a story about Meghan, "Friend of" means Meghan herself. Particularly when there are certain key words.

by Anonymousreply 124March 16, 2019 10:49 PM

Who is the person here who whenever a royal or royal-adjacent is said to be gay, waxes scathing?

Such as

All men even in their thirties love to vacation and travel together and goof around pinching each others nipples and joke kissing each other! You are a fucking cunt to think that means they're gay! Harry, gay? You are fucking deranged! Go die! You know nothing about men, who share beds all the time when they are on the road. You fucking rube! All men, from Ohio to Manchester routinely share beds and tweak nipples! It's what men do! Have you ever even MET a man?

or

Just because a guy produces gay porn or gay themed movies doesn't mean he's not straight as a ruler! You are naive and need to get out of your small fucking town!

Etc. Really reationary shit. Kind of off-brand for a poster on a gay forum.

by Anonymousreply 125March 16, 2019 10:53 PM

R114, I think a lot of that - that in aristocratic circles infidelity is accepted and not a big deal - is myth, just as it is myth in France that infidelity is no big deal.

Case in point. Yves Montand had an affair with Marilyn Monroe while his wife, Simone Signoret was out of town. Marilyn was staying with them and ostensibly friends with both. When Simone Signoret commented on it, she was very French - two people alone together, close friends - it is insignificant that they slept together, only puritans don't understand, etc. She made out like she was being wordly. Years later, I read an interview with Yves Montand that surprised me. Signoret had been sexy and beautiful when young, and then gained a lot of weight. Montand said he believed his affair with Marilyn Monroe devastated Signoret, that she acted out against herself by gaining weight and she stopped caring. He spoke of the affair with Monroe with a lot of regret.

The biographies I've read of the royal family show that infidelity is very hurtful. Andrew Parker Bowles is sort of the poster boy of what is assumed about infidelity in those circles - fucking around on his wife, unruffled about who else his girlfriends are banging or what his wife is doing. But his chronic infidelity apparently devastated Camilla, who was very much in love with him. As a young woman, she was more in love with Parker Bowles than with Charles, but PB's infidelity drove her and Charles back together.

I think it's wishful thinking, that there's a universe where among "mature" and "sophisticated" people, one can have the best of both worlds - a marriage/family while fucking outside the relationships, and everybody understands and it does no damage. But that is just not born out in real examples. If it's happening there is real dysfunction going on at some level.

by Anonymousreply 126March 16, 2019 11:01 PM

R108, since you mentioned it, now I can't stop seeing the resemblance either. Bone structure, eyes, lips. Her face is a little longer than Crawford's, even though Crawford had a somewhat mannish face too.

by Anonymousreply 127March 16, 2019 11:06 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 128March 16, 2019 11:14 PM

I 😍 Meghan. I think she is hot.

by Anonymousreply 129March 16, 2019 11:18 PM

Kates face sometimes looks like its melting on one side. She is not always photogenic. Wills must be embarassed by her photographs.

by Anonymousreply 130March 16, 2019 11:23 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 131March 16, 2019 11:23 PM

Take your meds, R125 - it’s obviously very important to you but you’re possibly, maybe, slightly overreacting.

by Anonymousreply 132March 16, 2019 11:28 PM

I remember reading that when William was at Eton, he had regular scheduled lunches with the Queen. That she, knowing that he was next in line after Charles, began to prepare him and educate him as to what to expect.

Given Diana's instability, which even loving her fiercely, William would have witnessed, together with Charles' PR strategy (after Diana's death) to rehabilitate Camilla (See excellent 2 part documentary on Youtube "Inventing the Royals" for that whole story of Charles willingly throwing his sons as well as his brother Edward under the bus), William quite likely looked to his grandmother for stability and strength and support. As someone he could trust.

I find all these recent negative posts about William pretty amusing (he's grand, he's cold, he's a cheater, etc. etc. etc.). As far as I can see, he's done what's been expected of him. And without making other family members look bad (which is more than can be said for Charles). It's not difficult to believe that he's not fond of Sparkle who seems to disdain the very cause that he has committed himself to in order to seek out endless cheap publicity.

There always appears to be a real warmth between him and his wife. And the way he interacts with his children indicates a healthy family life. Kate and the Middletons most likely played a huge, huge part in this, rather than his father.

by Anonymousreply 133March 16, 2019 11:37 PM

I think what’s going to happen after QEII dies is that Charles III will usher in a very brief period that will be something like the Edwardian Age. By this I mean I think the court will become very glamorous, Camilla will drip with diamonds, and the new king’s more sophisticated tastes and hobbies will take center over the things his mother liked such a her dogs, horses, country, etc. After a brief reign, I believe William’s reign will be a complete return to QEII’s style, very staid and boring but very dependable.

by Anonymousreply 134March 16, 2019 11:43 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 135March 16, 2019 11:52 PM

The Markus Anderson article is yet another dish of shade at Meghan expertly served up by the DM. It mentions that MM and Anderson met at Soho House; calls him her "fixer"; calls Latham "controversial"; and mentions the £140,000 salary the Sovereign Grant will be paying Latham.

And right next to that article is this: "Duchess of Sussex defies her critics and plans SECOND baby shower weeks after she caused controversy with £350,000 New York bash."

I wonder if Latham is prepared for the fact that the DM will be going after her, as well.

by Anonymousreply 136March 17, 2019 12:04 AM

Why did the audience laugh during Harry's vows?

by Anonymousreply 137March 17, 2019 12:05 AM

They’re obviously all LGBTQI:

The Queen - always had short hair. Dyke! Prince Philip - used to be very good looking. Was gay! Now old so who cares? Prince Charles - married Diana who was a major fag hag (e.g. friend of Elton). Gay! Diana - married gay guy (see above). Lezzo! Prince Andrew - used to be good looking. Gay! Prince Edward - actually... Countess of Wessex - married to Edward and has short hair. Rug muncher!! Prince William - was good looking. Gay! Aged and got ugly to cover it up - closeted gay! Duchess of Cambridge - played hockey. Dyke! Prince Harry - travels on lads’ weekend with good looking friend. Gets drunk and acts up for camera. Poof!

And don’t get me started on the Queen Mum. Surrounded by gay staff! Functioning alcoholic! Over the top femme dress style. Feathered hats. Post op M to F! And probably gay!

Everybody’s gay.

by Anonymousreply 138March 17, 2019 12:07 AM

Ever since Meghan announced her pregnancy, there have been rumours that she's further along than she's letting on because her bump got so big so quickly. If those rumours are true, SohoBébé will appear soon.

by Anonymousreply 139March 17, 2019 12:07 AM

The corgi's were gay too!

by Anonymousreply 140March 17, 2019 12:11 AM

Do you think the brothers would wife swap? That level of illuminati royalty and power are known to be kinky and perverse...

by Anonymousreply 141March 17, 2019 12:13 AM

R136 What I think is curious about the Markus Anderson DM story is that Charlotte Wace has a hand in it, she who did the doxxing article on some Twitter users. I can't tell which way this current article is trying to swing. It doesn't help that in the comments people are presuming he now has a taxpayer funded post at BP, lol

by Anonymousreply 142March 17, 2019 12:15 AM

To R137

Someone on this or another thread posted that section of the wedding video

I'm no fan of Sparkle and Dim, but truth to tell, this is what happened. The same thing that happens at most Royal weddings and not just in the UK.

Since there are crowds of people outside the church listening to the wedding service, people outside react by cheering when the bride and groom each reply "Yes" to the question "Do you take this person....?"

People inside the church can hear the reaction of people outside and usually laugh or chuckle in reaction.

The exact same thing happened when Prince Willelm-Alexander of the Netherlands married Maxima. See at the 4:43 - 6:27 mark. Vows are taken in Dutch.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 143March 17, 2019 12:20 AM

I don't think we're discussing Kate's anorexia enough, as she is looking absolutely ghastly lately. Every dress she wear hangs off of her pathetically. She should really start padding like MM. The hair is definitely buffered by tons and tons of extensions; you can't have a head of full hair while maintaining a BMI below 18.

by Anonymousreply 144March 17, 2019 12:22 AM

R140 The corgis are all bossy bottoms. Obvs.

by Anonymousreply 145March 17, 2019 12:27 AM

Oh well, R144, c'est la vie.

by Anonymousreply 146March 17, 2019 12:27 AM

R144

I agree with you. Something "im terribly unhappy with something in my life, Dianaish" is going on.

by Anonymousreply 147March 17, 2019 12:27 AM

Its the "Wills is straying" BMI

by Anonymousreply 148March 17, 2019 12:30 AM

R142 Is it really that curious? She's been trawling tumblr looking into Anti's. Some of them may be crazy but they are fanatical about gathering receipts and digging into MM's known allies. Tumblr anti MM's have had issue with Markus Anderson from the start, there are numerous timeline and posts digging into his background and links with MM. Stuff that is a readymade story (even without the crazy tumblr logic), a journo like Wace would need to do minimal additional research to corroborate it all.

by Anonymousreply 149March 17, 2019 12:30 AM

Recent comments...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 150March 17, 2019 12:29 AM

R147 Unless she has Graves' disease following Louis' birth, then yes, I agree. Unless it's a metabolic thing like hyperthyroidism, she must be spiraling down some dark hole.

by Anonymousreply 151March 17, 2019 12:31 AM

Wouldnt Ma Middleton step in and get Kate back on the horse sort of speak?

by Anonymousreply 152March 17, 2019 12:33 AM

R150 what are they even saying? I need a translator.

by Anonymousreply 153March 17, 2019 12:32 AM

Its funny weird that Kate is dressing like she took a time machine to Karen Carpenters closet and stole her clothes and now her weight loss

by Anonymousreply 154March 17, 2019 12:34 AM

R152

Ma Middleton wouldnt care about Kate imprsssing William anymore. Deed was done.

by Anonymousreply 155March 17, 2019 12:36 AM

R154

Thats funny, sad.

by Anonymousreply 156March 17, 2019 12:38 AM

R142 - Interesting observation, I missed that it was Wace. I think the swing, however, is fairly clear: Meghan ran with a sleazy crowd, she brought them with her into the BRF, and her new communications chief is already not only tainted with Meghan's and Markus's Soho House past, but Meghan's aim to make her image as political as she can.

I can understand the Queen shrugging her shoulders at the sleaze element - the BRF is no stranger to sleaze in its midst - but for the life of me, I cannot see her shrugging her shoulders at the political element. I am beginning to think Charles is at the bottom of this, and using Meghan and Harry to get his political licks in whilst he still can, as he will be utterly precluded from any further indications of how he feels once Mum is raptured.

I just can't see HM missing the signs. Perhaps she really is just too damned tired at this point.

by Anonymousreply 157March 17, 2019 12:40 AM

Fatties here complaining about Catherine's weight, oh my sides! She is slim and trim, hardly anorexic. In fact, she looks pretty damn terrific. But maybe some feel the need to blur lines of a healthy figure to overcompensate their own ever expanding wide girth?

by Anonymousreply 158March 17, 2019 12:40 AM

Kate is losing weight because she is competing with a ln attractive Hollyweird actress. MM knows how to make love to the crowds and cameras. That would make a woman who is not those things feel insecure, From what I know, Kate doesnt exactly have the greatest self esteem to begin with.

by Anonymousreply 159March 17, 2019 12:42 AM

R159

An*

by Anonymousreply 160March 17, 2019 12:42 AM

In R143's video, why does the minister say "They heard your answer!" in English instead of Dutch at 5:28?

by Anonymousreply 161March 17, 2019 12:42 AM

Curious about the DM and why their talons are out so hard for Sparkle. Are they typically anti-crown and of after any target? Conservative? Did they have other targets before MM? Are they Murdoch owned?

by Anonymousreply 162March 17, 2019 12:49 AM

What are you on, R158. Kate has been getting skinnier and skinnier. It's glaringly obvious and really unattractive.

by Anonymousreply 163March 17, 2019 12:49 AM

R158, I have a BMI of 18.4 and I think Kate looks unwell.

by Anonymousreply 164March 17, 2019 12:52 AM

Thanks R157. To me it's quite heartbreaking that all this is happening in her last years considering how hard she has worked. And yes, I'm expecting a backlash of " funny" comments. But hey ho.

by Anonymousreply 165March 17, 2019 12:56 AM

If you compare the images of Kate in the McQueen dress ( off the shoulder) to the same dress (with capped sleeves) there is no difference, really.

by Anonymousreply 166March 17, 2019 12:57 AM

Whats with the "Ma Middleton" ? Is this Little House on Frogmore?

by Anonymousreply 167March 17, 2019 12:59 AM

R162 I was curious as it was a Charlotte Wade article, usually pro MM , for her part. And it does look as though MM has been hard at work today, releasing various articles across the board. Maternity leave- no time for idle hands ;-)

by Anonymousreply 168March 17, 2019 1:00 AM

R159 Markle is charismatic and good with the cameras? Oh so that’s why she was SUCH a successful starlet and starred in so many blockbuster movies during her long and illustrious career. Oh wait, she didn’t and hasn’t . She’s just a C- celeb pushing 40 who had a middling tv career along with some laughable Hallmark movies.

GOD the delusion of some fraus. Markle was nada before she hooked up with the BRF.

by Anonymousreply 169March 17, 2019 1:02 AM

Meh, the Duchess of Cambridge had no problem playing soccer with Will during that school engagement. She's fine. Even Zara's husband, Mike Tindall, picked Catherine to be on his fantasy rugby team along with William and Harry (but snubbed Harry's athletically deficient wife).

Again, projecting much?

by Anonymousreply 170March 17, 2019 1:04 AM

It's about time the DM dropped a dime on Markus Anderson. He looks as sleazy as hell, he's Soho House personified, it appears she would have never gotten within blow job distance of Harry without Anderson, and he's pretty much a purveyor if not a downright pimp. Meghan came into this marriage with two people stuck to her like glue, one of them absolutely sleazy and the other in a blatantly bearding marriage so it's completely reasonable to look at it, even in the DM's sleazier than thou tabloid fashion. Don't forget tabloids often do the dirty work for "respectable" publications who then get in on the act via talking about what the tabloids have said. Not to mention it was Markus and an orange filter who comprised the "Golden Girls" instagram pic captioned by Meghan "He wears it well" that was meant to get people speculating the guy in the tee shirt was Harry.

by Anonymousreply 171March 17, 2019 1:06 AM

Waity Katy to Weighty Katie

by Anonymousreply 172March 17, 2019 1:06 AM

R134 Camilla is already dripping with diamonds. On diamond occasions, she wears heavy duty stuff - the heaviest tiara, the heaviest necklaces. Even her engagement ring is a boulder. I think she carries it off well. She wears that stuff comfortably and naturally. Looking back, so did Diana. In the 1980s, on paper, sometimes Diana looked almost costumed, and then in the evenings she'd be dripping in jewelry and glitter and beading. Goes to show what marrying the heir does - he's the one kid of Phillip and HM who has serious income of his own.

by Anonymousreply 173March 17, 2019 1:10 AM

Before she met Harry, Markle was unsuccessfully trying to crash Golden Globe parties. Not even at the level where she'd crash the actual Golden Gloves. Furthermore, her "celebrity chef" boyfriend was more of a Toronto celebrity than she was, in a nothing part on a cheap show filming in Toronto because Toronto is cheaper than the states, cheaper even on basic cable. Oh, I forgot, she earned five million dollars on that show (as eyeballs roll clear down the street).

by Anonymousreply 174March 17, 2019 1:14 AM

I love Kate, I am completely “team Kate” but I do wish she would gain some weight. She’s making me nervous. Just 5 pounds would do.

by Anonymousreply 175March 17, 2019 1:20 AM

"Did they [the DM] have other targets before MM?"

No, she's the very first one R162. They are a popular tabloid based in London, just getting their feet tentatively wet in the gossip business.

by Anonymousreply 176March 17, 2019 1:25 AM

R159 - Meghan has nothing to do with it. Kate had a thing about slimness long before Megham Markle got her mouth around Harry'd cock. If you look at photos of her in the Cambridge's first tour of Canada and America shortly after their marriage, you'll see her figure looks very much the way it does now. And as, no matter what kind of sex Meghan has with cameras, she'll never be anything but the wife of the spare. Something Kate also knows - Meghan should enjoy her time in the limelight, because when Kate and William become Prince and Princess of Wales, the handwriting will be on the wall.

R162 - The DM goes after royals when it suits them. But they do have it out particularly for the Sussexes because Harry, at Meghan's instigation, threatened the British press in November 2016, a year before the engagement. The British press didn't take kindly to it and the tabs, especially, have long memories. It was Harry's and Meghan's first big mistake.

R176 us pulling your leg: The Daily Mail was founded in 1896, and is the United Kingdom's second-biggest-selling daily newspaper. It has a long history of setting people up, especially royals, and then tearing them down. You should look up their coverage of Fergie.

by Anonymousreply 177March 17, 2019 1:30 AM

There is a rumour that the DM dropped $1m on a dossier on MM when she was still Harry's girlfriend, they were about to run with it when the engagement was announced. They've been keeping their powder dry ever since. Allegedly.

by Anonymousreply 178March 17, 2019 1:33 AM

LOL LOL LOL R176. Thanks for that.

by Anonymousreply 179March 17, 2019 1:40 AM

R178 - "There is a rumour that the DM dropped $1m on a dossier on MM when she was still Harry's girlfriend . . ."

Then the DM was had. They don't have anything MI6 of the BRF's Internet scrubbers didn't get to first. And as everyone knew several months before the engagement that one was imminent, the idea that the DM was taken by surprise is ludicrous.

If they do have something really damaging, beyond Tiaragate, merching, the price of her clothes, her absurd pretentiousness, her shallow celebrity hunger, the Clooneys, etc., it wouldn't be the first time the journos have held back, unwilling to risk going beyond spiteful innuendo. They do know that really ruining someone's life and calling down the wrath of the BRF could be more trouble than it's worth.

But they are watching her like hawks, and if she ever gives them enough ammo to take the responsibility off them (cf. Fergie and the toe-sucking scandal), they will be merciless.

R176 - adding my chuckles to those of 179.

by Anonymousreply 180March 17, 2019 1:49 AM

Anyone else spot this in the Sunday TIMES about the duelling Duchess Garden Designs at the Chelsea Flower Show?

"It is a problem many gardeners would recognise: your prize bloom takes pride of place until, out of nowhere, an unexpected interloper appears, thrives and overshadows it.

Until this weekend the highlight of the Chelsea flower show was expected to be a family-friendly classic English garden co-designed by the Duchess of Cambridge. But The Sunday Times can disclose there is a second garden enjoying royal patronage at Chelsea this year — and it is already causing a kerfuffle.

A charity supported by the Duke and Duchess of Sussex is to showcase an African climate change garden — just a stone’s throw from Kate’s garden, where children can pick wild strawberries and toast marshmallows over an open fire."

Notice that you don't find out until a couple of sentences in, that it isn't Meghan who designed the other garden near the one Kate designed, but a charity the Sussexes support.

Shame on the TIMES. This could have been done by the DM.

by Anonymousreply 181March 17, 2019 2:12 AM

I think the whole public shower in NYC with all the photo's of the rich and famous attending - was to show that MM has a strong/powerful support base in America. And whatever the Clooney's are now. It was a chess move. I wonder who in that crowd thought of it. There should have been some charity involved though.

by Anonymousreply 182March 17, 2019 2:18 AM

It's a growing crescendo on LA against our grifting narcissist:

[quote]William is an ass kicker taking names and numbers. Heads gonna roll in the future. I like him a lot. He knows a trick when he sees one MM can never play him.

[quote]I’m liking him more and more, he saw right through that social climber the second he met her. For years the press portrayed him as the moody and petulant brother but that applies to Harry more IMO

by Anonymousreply 183March 17, 2019 2:26 AM

Has anyone else noticed that posts betwee R149 and R180 have disappeared?

by Anonymousreply 184March 17, 2019 2:30 AM

Never mind - those posts suddenly reappeared.

R184

by Anonymousreply 185March 17, 2019 2:32 AM

R181. That Times story is the kind of petty bitchery I so enjoy.

Venerable newspaper of record but not above a bit of shit stirring as needs must. I see you Sunday Times and I tip my hat to that click-baity move. Sometimes the masses need light entertainment.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 186March 17, 2019 2:35 AM

Smirkle's thespian prowess at the end of the clip.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 187March 17, 2019 2:45 AM

R172 what "photos of rhe rich and famous" at the infamous Baby Shower? Jessica Mulroney? We must have been watching two different manufactured events. That wasn't a chess move, or even checkers. Parchisi, perhaps.

by Anonymousreply 188March 17, 2019 2:46 AM

Camilla working some major diamonds. Girlfriend’s not afraid of bling.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 189March 17, 2019 3:04 AM

And then there’s

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 190March 17, 2019 3:05 AM

One of the comments in the DM article about Markus Anderson said that two of Harry's oldest friends were not invited to his wedding because they had known Meghan "intimately". Who were these friends?

by Anonymousreply 191March 17, 2019 3:42 AM

Link, R191?

by Anonymousreply 192March 17, 2019 3:50 AM

Barack Obama was one, r191. That is why Meghan had to ambush Michelle when she met her in London.

by Anonymousreply 193March 17, 2019 3:52 AM

Obama is obviously not one of Hs oldest friends.

There were 2 I saw in an article recently although I recall they were invited to the church and not the reception. Felt they must not have been fancy enough for his new life.

TS was one who has always been mentioned as familiar with her yatchting days, was he at the wedding?

by Anonymousreply 194March 17, 2019 4:00 AM

TS? Tom Inskip?

by Anonymousreply 195March 17, 2019 4:07 AM

Take you freeper, rightwing, nazi, white nationalist bullshit somewhere elsr, r193.

by Anonymousreply 196March 17, 2019 4:08 AM

Hmmm...

She was based in Toronto, would that many from his set spend time there? Or was it from when she was at the various Soho houses?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 197March 17, 2019 4:14 AM

[quote] Take you freeper, rightwing, nazi, white nationalist bullshit somewhere elsr, [R193].

How is it "freeper" and "nazi" to make that assertion? The British Royal Family are trashy, the Obamas are elegant. The friendship elevates Harry. Isn't it more "nazi" to assume they aren't friends?

by Anonymousreply 198March 17, 2019 4:17 AM

This Instagram page has the video of Charles and Camilla greeting the Cambridges and Sussexes at the Commonwealth Day service in Westminster. Camilla is so warm and friendly and affectionate with Kate and William chit chatting, little squeezes and whatnot, but decidedly quite frosty with the Sussexes. You can clearly see when Harry and Camilla turn to each other they both stiffen, Camilla greets him and the wife with requisite kisses and then pauses with a, "I have nothing to say to you two" and promptly turns her back on them. You then see her place her hand on her abdomen with the look of relief on her face and then Camilla moves eagerly toward Kate with a, "Thank God that's over!" expression. I noticed, too, that although Charles made quick small talk with Harry, he entirely blew off MEgsy by looking at his wristwatch while she tried in vain to engage him in conversation. Quite astonishing really.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 199March 17, 2019 4:54 AM

The Daily Mail is infamous here in the U.K. for being a far right wing, openly racist publication. It’s basically our version of Fox News. There’s only one reason they hate Meghan.

by Anonymousreply 200March 17, 2019 5:15 AM

R199, was Camilla putting her hand on her middle to mock Meg? I hope so.

by Anonymousreply 201March 17, 2019 5:21 AM

Some juicy gossip from a tabloid even worse than the DM.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 202March 17, 2019 5:25 AM

That article in r202 credits Page Six.

by Anonymousreply 203March 17, 2019 5:27 AM

Yes, and it’s still a worse tabloid than the DM.

by Anonymousreply 204March 17, 2019 5:30 AM

And Page Six credits The Times.

“The Duke and Duchess of Sussex cut ties with the Cambridges, revealing plans last week to create their own household — but when it came to seeking total royal freedom, the answer was a resounding “no”.

Harry and Meghan are understood to have lobbied for an autonomous new court, but the Queen and the Prince of Wales, who will jointly fund their office, thought otherwise.

A royal source said: “They wanted their household to be entirely independent of Buckingham Palace, but were told ‘no’. There is an institutional structure that doesn’t allow that kind of independence. The feeling is that it’s good to have the Sussexes under the jurisdiction of Buckingham Palace, so they can’t just go off and do their own thing.”

The couple are keen to build a global “Sussex brand” of philanthropy and humanitarianism, with a new style of work distinctive from other members of the royal family. Meghan, a former actress and campaigner on gender equality and female empowerment, is also understood to want to continue in her role as an “activist”.

The Sussexes will soon move from Kensington Palace to Frogmore Cottage in Windsor, before the birth of their first child, expected next month. Their split from William and Kate was officially announced last week, but was revealed by The Sunday Times last year.

by Anonymousreply 205March 17, 2019 5:30 AM

Is The Times worse than the DM?

by Anonymousreply 206March 17, 2019 5:32 AM

Oh and R200...The DM isn’t “openly racist”. No news outlet in the UK is. Of course, ranting members of the regressive left insist it’s written and read by knuckle draggers (whose only possible reason for disliking Markle is melanin) but it’s not actually true.

by Anonymousreply 207March 17, 2019 5:35 AM

Baby name guess: Eliza

by Anonymousreply 208March 17, 2019 5:39 AM

So their brand was blocked. Wonder what is next? Juicy story to spell it all out.

Remember H going on about on @ menstruation at the memorial for that young guy? Fucking opportunists masquerading as do gooders.

by Anonymousreply 209March 17, 2019 5:44 AM

[quote]The couple are keen to build a global “Sussex brand” of philanthropy and humanitarianism

OH

MY

SIDES

by Anonymousreply 210March 17, 2019 5:52 AM

They must be furious

by Anonymousreply 211March 17, 2019 5:53 AM

The DM has been throwing shit at the BRF (and especially married ins) immemorial. And it damn well isn't racism when people criticize MEghan for her abject fakeness and hypocrisy.

by Anonymousreply 212March 17, 2019 5:54 AM

In the U.K. the Daily Mail is very widely considered a racist newspaper that is only read by far right wingers and trashy gossip hounds.

by Anonymousreply 213March 17, 2019 5:57 AM

I read it every day.

by Anonymousreply 214March 17, 2019 6:14 AM

R213 = Russian bot

by Anonymousreply 215March 17, 2019 6:15 AM

This thread is crawling with Meghan's cunt lickers.

by Anonymousreply 216March 17, 2019 8:49 AM

The Queen may have blocked them for now.. Just wait until Charles takes reign... Snarkles will be running the show!

by Anonymousreply 217March 17, 2019 10:19 AM

Charles may well like MM and enjoy her flattery, and he loves his son, but the huge public and press backlash against them in less than a year ensures that they will always be under official control as long as they are receiving royal funds and housing.

by Anonymousreply 218March 17, 2019 10:46 AM

Baby name guess: Lily

Trying to use a classic flower name, but still trendy, hinting at Elisabeth. Ending up going all wrong.

by Anonymousreply 219March 17, 2019 10:57 AM

The 16 y.o. Edward VIII as the Prince of Wales. Why do I find him so annoying-looking?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 220March 17, 2019 11:09 AM

Wow Meghan and Harry getting their own royal house.That’s a big deal,you dummies were wrong it looks like her Majesty's privy purse will be spending alot of money for that very esteemed privilege. Serves you bitter cows rights.Go back and tell the freeloading cousins,their days are numbered. A new inner circle is being established and it won’t include Blackamoor jewelry wearers nor stuck up little tarts.This is so funny.....King Charles has spoken

by Anonymousreply 221March 17, 2019 11:17 AM

Um not exactly R221. The Sussex brand will be under BP with the other minor royals. Their Comms reports directly to the Queen's Comms. Good luck with getting by Mr. Fletcher; the clampdown has already begun.

by Anonymousreply 222March 17, 2019 11:24 AM

R220, I see rich boy arrogance and insipidness in that face.

by Anonymousreply 223March 17, 2019 11:39 AM

R222

Mark my words: when the Queen dies the Monarchy will be modernized via Charles, Meghan and Harry. Charles' ego will prevail. His high and mighty environmental and scaled back approach will resonate with the youth etc. Meghan with Harry will champion his vision. Charles doesnt give a fig about William's reign or if he will even have one.

by Anonymousreply 224March 17, 2019 11:54 AM

R224 Yeah because Charles is all about what young people want. The same guy who couldn’t deal with his wife listening to Duran Duran 40 years ago. The same guy who whines about modern architecture and other new fancy stuff. Nothing more mordern and into what cool young people like than a British aristo over 70. So hip with his foxhunting and, like, stuff.

by Anonymousreply 225March 17, 2019 12:04 PM

If his Royal Rosacea lasts that long, which seems rather unlikely given his unhealthy appearance. And then the whore and the bore will be Royally Fucked, and hooooray to that.

by Anonymousreply 226March 17, 2019 12:04 PM

Oh my sides, the 'youth' cares not what a geezer and his middle-aged son and daughter-in-law are up to.

Although, I do agree Charles does not care if the monarchy survives past his reign and will try to revamp it to suit his political tendencies and to promote his pet projects as soon as QE2 is gone. Hopefully, he goes before HM.

by Anonymousreply 227March 17, 2019 12:06 PM

R216, what would be an expected distribution for you in this thread? 80% Anti-Meghan vs 20% Pro-Meghan?

I think it’s closer to 90/10, but you seem to get very upset with any opinions that don’t paint this lady as the anti-Christ.

by Anonymousreply 228March 17, 2019 12:11 PM

If HM were to die tomorrow and Charles lives to his father’s age, that’s a 27-year reign. That’s a respectable amount of time on the throne and way more than his grandfather George VI, and great-great-grandfather Edward VII. He might be doddering by the end though, and doesn’t even look healthy now. He must be so frustrated that the best years of his life were spent waiting and only as an old man will he get the crown.

by Anonymousreply 229March 17, 2019 12:31 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 230March 17, 2019 12:33 PM

Sparkles must be really insufferable if William would rather make smalltalk with Horsey Camilla.

by Anonymousreply 231March 17, 2019 12:35 PM

What r228 said.

I'm the first to be critical of the DoS, however, my criticisms are based upon the optics of her questionable sartorial and showerial (the NY round-up of camera hogs) choices. More significantly, I'm interested in how she'll play the hand she's wanted- Harry's, and those she's drawn.

Apparently, The Dook and Dookess of Sussex have misplayed a powerful card- that which contains the likeness of the future King William. Where he once was a dullard, he's grown interesting to me, now that it's revealed he has a mean streak. Not that he should, gratuitously, be mean to his brother and his bother's choice of a wife.

It's clear, nevertheless, he ain't down with nonsense they want to pull; that celebrity, A List, Show-Folk Trash Shower in NYC, being exhibit A. What a huge mistake the DoS made with that debacle.

These threads are fun and I'll continue to read, and, once in awhile toss in a few observations, but, I get it already: the DoS haters gonna hate. The absence, however, of any nuance or depth to what they post is tedious.

by Anonymousreply 232March 17, 2019 12:39 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 233March 17, 2019 12:39 PM

All the "oh my sides" posters regarding Charles reign looking specifically for Harry and Meghan's influence and input that will reflect changing, SJW times and what nots will rue the day they doubted this scenario. Charles will align with the Sussex duo. They are more in sync with enviro/political sensitivities (youth minority culture) and Charles needs them to reach that population within the Commonwealth. Get ready for change nay sayers.

by Anonymousreply 234March 17, 2019 12:46 PM

I love Kate's coat, another winner. The shaping is done very well in that mid-weight melton fabric.

That dog...my neighbor had an Irish wolfhound that I sometimes walked, or sprinted really at his normal pace.

Happy St Pats!

by Anonymousreply 235March 17, 2019 12:46 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 236March 17, 2019 12:59 PM

I'll give you this, r234- I respect you're sticking to your guns and I too am bemused by your prediction.

by Anonymousreply 237March 17, 2019 12:58 PM

I like Kate's coat and love the hat. The colour look quite flat on my monitor, but I think it must be a clear forest green. A nice change from the Catherine Walker coats, which, though gorgeous, are starting to look all alike.

And to the person above ho suggested that Kate would be better off if she dumped her dull bald king-in-waiting husband - honey, you'd have to pry that crown off her cold, dead head. She hasn't put her entire adult life into this project to end up a gay divorcée.

by Anonymousreply 238March 17, 2019 1:02 PM

I'm a fan of the DoC's choice of garments. The green of the fabric, however, is just a touch too dour. Spring is almost here. It could be lightened a bit. That choice of green depicted at r236 signals that Winter is coming.

by Anonymousreply 239March 17, 2019 1:03 PM

If King Charles raises the profiles of the Sussex ducal couple, then they will be in for a rude surprise when King William basically banishes them from court, and King George VII after him, should they live that long.

by Anonymousreply 240March 17, 2019 1:06 PM

R234 I agree that Charles isn't likely to die soon. He could, but given his genetics, his lifestyle and his access to healthcare, odds are good that he'll hang on for a while yet. In that case, William will probably be in his 60s before he gets the throne. The posters who are making fun of Charles for spending his entire life preparing for a job he will only hold for a short time, should consider that a similar fate awaits William.

by Anonymousreply 241March 17, 2019 1:13 PM

What r238 said with respect to their 2nd paragraph. I could take a running start, flap my arms and fly over Lake Michigan before the Duchess of Cambridge files for divorce from the Duke. Hell, she'd gladly take a beheading before that.

And what r240 said. It's a harsh reality but once you're in your 40s young people tune you out and the D&D of S aren't, say, Barack Obama, who will never have his popularity decrease among young and old no matter how old he gets. True, that height of admiration is rare, however, and Harry and Meghan simply will NEVER have that much, no matter how many philanthropic endeavors they create.

It's Prince George, Princess Charlotte and Prince Louis who will either capture the popularity of young people, or not.

by Anonymousreply 242March 17, 2019 1:15 PM

Correction R241 was referring to R229's post about the possible length of Charles' reign.

by Anonymousreply 243March 17, 2019 1:16 PM

Williams reign either will not be or wont matter. So everyones dream of William's revenge is not realistic. William, by the time he turns king (which may never be) will be irrelevent and Harry and Meghan (thanks to Charles reign elevating them ) will be much more important long term. George and his siblings will be a whole different generation than their great grandma and even their stuffy parents. They more akin to Haz and Bean like philiosophies .

by Anonymousreply 244March 17, 2019 1:22 PM

R244

They will be* more akin

by Anonymousreply 245March 17, 2019 1:23 PM

R247 Youth is relative. Kate and William seem to have turned themselves towards Sophie and Edward's generation, the over 50 crowd who hate Charles. Kate supplements that by seemingly becoming Mom in Chief. That's fine but there isn't a member of the BRF focussed on the 20-48 demographic. These are people who have power and influence in the Commonwealth because generally these countries have younger populations. Mega and Harry could be good for this group.

by Anonymousreply 246March 17, 2019 1:38 PM

R246

Yes!!

by Anonymousreply 247March 17, 2019 1:44 PM

R186 - All right, I'll accept your argument - and kudos for putting the delicious Andrew Scott up to illustrate . . .

by Anonymousreply 248March 17, 2019 1:53 PM

I really don't think Charles has another couple of decades in him. PP and HM have lasted so long in part because they have remained active their entire lives. Charles reportedly eats well, but what does he do these days to keep active? I don't even think he skis anymore. Compare him now to his parents at his age. They look practically spry. Charles looks older than his years. I give him to his esrly 80s, tops.

by Anonymousreply 249March 17, 2019 1:54 PM

Harry' s Happy Dance when PaPa becomes King!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 250March 17, 2019 2:08 PM

Hahaha! Foreshadowing!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 251March 17, 2019 2:09 PM

And more...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 252March 17, 2019 2:11 PM

R244 - They said the same thing about Edward VIII (and Mrs Simpson the seven-eights) and Margaret and Fergie and Andy. The monarchy isn't about modernisation: it's about tradition and stability. And it's based on birth order and nothing else. People like Meghan and Harry always end up overreaching themselves. My sense is that Charles doesn't give a damn about anyone but Charles and like his sons, he has a couple of axes to grind about the very institution that gave him all his wealth and status and privilege - it's only withheld one very, very important thing from him: kingship, which to some degree understandably, he feels he was born forn.

He probably resents William profoundly underneath it all, as it's clear from his mother's refusal to abdicate, and her frustratingly lengthy life, that his own reign will be a short one, and William will succeed earlier and reign longer. Charles isn't above weaponising Harry and Meghan out of spite, strategy, and anger and pitting his sons and their wives against each other, knowing full well that in the end, the game goes to William no matter how Charles indulges his unresolved issues re Mum and the throne.

And if they can't see that he's exposing them to danger as he does so, as in the end only birth order matters and he can't leave the Duchy of Cornwall or the Duchy of Lancaster to Harry - he and the Sovereign do not "own" those things in that sense, the importance in the end won't be determined by popularity polls, the youth vote, or who gets more media headlines.

Diana was 1,000 times the star Meghan Markle ever was, is now, or ever will be, no matter what George Clooney says about her to pay off Charles for advancing him and his famewhore wife socially in the upper tiers of the UK. And Diana couldn't do it - and overreached herself, and lost it all. Harry is much more her son than Charles's - ironically, William is much more Charles's son than Diana's.

And if Charles's health doesn't hold up . . . Harry and Meghan will be, as they are now with their PR chief reporting to the Buck House communications chief amongst several other royal "households" located there, increasingly restrained and put in their place.

Charles is a petulant angry resentful twat underneath it all.

by Anonymousreply 253March 17, 2019 2:11 PM

Remember, the wild card in all this is Harry and Meghan themselves, and their union.

by Anonymousreply 254March 17, 2019 2:14 PM

R250 - When Papa becomes King, Big Brother becomes Prince of Wales, notches up his status, and inherits the wealth of the Duchy of Cornwall.

by Anonymousreply 255March 17, 2019 2:17 PM

R188 - You must have missed Serena Williams and Amal Clooney.

by Anonymousreply 256March 17, 2019 2:19 PM

R200 - Please. No one is safe from the DM - they sneered at Kate, they eventually turned on Diana, they pilloried Sarah Ferguson, and asserting that the only reason they don't like Meghan is that she's mixed race is to pretend that Meghan never put a foot wrong. Forgot that she got Harry to threaten the British press with legal actions a year before they were even engaged? The Sussexes dug their own print grave right there. Let's see, then there was Tiaragate, announcing her pregnancy with the coat at the Queen's granddaughter's wedding, the astronomical price tags on mostly atrocious non-British clothes, the OTT baby shower the same week 3,500 auto workers in Swindon found out that they were losing their jobs, squawking about climate change whilst taking a private plane from America back to the UK, her eager camera seeking, whilst the UK taxpayers pay for the renovations on her cottage at Windsor . . .

Please. She gave them more ammo than they needed.

by Anonymousreply 257March 17, 2019 2:27 PM

R236 - Looking like Honeysuckle Weeks on Foyle's War is a stroke of brilliance on Kate's part - you just can't see it.

by Anonymousreply 258March 17, 2019 2:30 PM

Agree with everything you say, r253. At best, he may indulge some of Harry and Meghan's whims because it irks William. As well, if they grant him unlimited access to their kid, he will probably abuse that privilege and play up the doting grandfather role to the hilt. But he will never give them as much as they want because he must know that it would affect his popularity. As much as he seemingly resents William, I think he realizes Harry is a mess. Also, he seems to quite like Kate and must appreciate that she carries out her role with no fuss. I don't for a minute believe he likes Meghan. When they were walking away from Eugenie's wedding he literally recoiled from her touch. Meghan is a headache for him, no more, no less.

by Anonymousreply 259March 17, 2019 2:40 PM

He won’t have time ro be a doting grandfather once he is king .

by Anonymousreply 260March 17, 2019 2:43 PM

What r254 said, which, depending on if there's a divorce renders all of this fun predictions stuff moot.

by Anonymousreply 261March 17, 2019 2:43 PM

R258 If dated is what you're going for then it's brilliant indeed.

by Anonymousreply 262March 17, 2019 2:44 PM

True, r260, but he'll make time to have pictures made of him being a doting grandfather if he thinks it will boost his image.

by Anonymousreply 263March 17, 2019 2:47 PM

Don't forget Camilla, she who mocked preggo Meggo in front of everyone, and couldn't get away fast enough, either. Cam would cut a bitch.

by Anonymousreply 264March 17, 2019 2:49 PM

It's brilliant because there are none like her. There are a million Kardashian clones, Real Housewives wannabes, fauxmanitarians, Instagram influencers and the like. There's only one BRF and Kate does her best to embody the mystique of that role and represent her monarch. She's a symbol. She's a cipher. No one really knows what she thinks and we can only guess who she is because she doesn't tell us. That is how it should be as she is a representative of millions of people with different thought, beliefs, etc.

by Anonymousreply 265March 17, 2019 2:54 PM

According to the Daily Express, which is citing the Sunday TIMES, the Sussexes lobbied to set up their own autonomous court, but were stopped by the Queen and Charles:

"Now, the Sunday Times has revealed the Duke and Duchess of Sussex wanted to distance themselves even further from Kate and William, but the Queen intervened to block the plans.

Harry and Meghan are understood to have lobbied for an autonomous new court, but the Queen and Prince of Wales, who will jointly fund their office, thought otherwise."

For those thinking Charles is Meghan's pushover - and for Harry and Meghan, read Meghan - because only Meghan Markle would really have supposed that the sixth in line to thte throne and his wife were entitled to their own "court".

And you wonder why William, Kate, and Camilla can't stand the grasping grifter, and why the Queen let them know where they stand in this game.

by Anonymousreply 266March 17, 2019 3:01 PM

R262 - One person's "dated" is another's "classic". The suit is beautiful, simple, elegant, tailored to perfection, and the hat is adorable. She looks timelessly British, not dated. The secret is to resist trendiness, which always dates one. She's wearing the suit, it isn't wearing her. She could pull that suit out twenty years from now and it will work. True class is indifferent to style.

by Anonymousreply 267March 17, 2019 3:04 PM

Let’s play amateur psychologist. Could both Charles and Harry be working out their unresolved Diana issues through Meghan?

by Anonymousreply 268March 17, 2019 3:04 PM

^I will add to that I think Will worked out his Diana issues by marrying Kate.

by Anonymousreply 269March 17, 2019 3:07 PM

Lets face it, they were stopped because they (HM etc) fear Frank and Bean's growing public popularity having their own court, would outshine Charles and Williams. Dont think Bean doesnt know this. The war has just begun.

by Anonymousreply 270March 17, 2019 3:06 PM

R270 I think embarrass is the worry rather than outshine.

by Anonymousreply 271March 17, 2019 3:09 PM

I agree, R267. What I wonder is, is this move toward timeless and queenly Kate’s own instinct, or her mother’s, or a stylist’s? I am betting mum has a big hand in this.

by Anonymousreply 272March 17, 2019 3:12 PM

R264 is how shit becomes fact. Re the video he/she cites, there is not an iota of Camilla making fun of MM. But 50 posts later, it’s fact.

by Anonymousreply 273March 17, 2019 3:19 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 274March 17, 2019 3:20 PM

The histrionic Meghan hatred comes from just a couple of very dedicated posters.

However. Posts claiming H&M will be more important are delusional. They will be the next Andrew and Fergie. At best they will become respectable royals and celebrities. They certainly won’t have real significance.

by Anonymousreply 275March 17, 2019 3:44 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 276March 17, 2019 4:06 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 277March 17, 2019 4:09 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 278March 17, 2019 4:10 PM

He’s taking two weeks off from what, exactly? He’s just so “modern.”

by Anonymousreply 279March 17, 2019 4:11 PM

God, Fergie is just terrible with money.

by Anonymousreply 280March 17, 2019 4:10 PM

It doesn’t matter which couple is more “popular”. The order of succession isn’t a popularity contest.

And r264 reminds us of what’s been said a few times here. MEghan misunderstands/underestimates the power of other women. Instead of making strategic alliances with the women of the family, she bulldozes in and assumes she holds all the cards.

I wouldn’t tangle with any of the women in that family. Better to go in and make friends. Instead she’s pulling stunts left and right, like the maternity coat at the wedding. I know how women hold grudges and a nasty surprise will be served ice cold someday.

by Anonymousreply 281March 17, 2019 4:11 PM

I think Kate’s rather formal outfit today is very appropriate given that she is seen in a military context, surrounded by uniforms.

by Anonymousreply 282March 17, 2019 4:13 PM

The wedding maternity coat and pregnancy announcement stunt (assuming it all went down as rumor has it) took astonishing balls. If I had just married into the royal family I would be on pins and needles, terrified to call untoward attention to myself or put a foot wrong. Can you imagine feeling comfortable and confident enough to pull that?

by Anonymousreply 283March 17, 2019 4:16 PM

R282 - yeah, Kate's completely surrounded by uniforms. Lucky woman!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 284March 17, 2019 4:17 PM

R283 - I think the opposite. It's my opinion that anyone who does that (eg. calls attention to themselves on someone's special day) is actually VERY INSECURE.

by Anonymousreply 285March 17, 2019 4:18 PM

Kate's outfit has a spartan military feel to it. Good choice and appropriate for the occasion.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 286March 17, 2019 4:19 PM

The Cambridges were in a jovial mood.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 287March 17, 2019 4:19 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 288March 17, 2019 4:21 PM

They tried the Guinness.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 289March 17, 2019 4:20 PM

I find Markle fascinating In character and pure grasping ambition but does anyone else find her PR articles mind numbingly BORING. Harry taking two weeks maternity leave, Frogmore renovations, Meghan invites her mom for Xmas, What’s Meghan were in tribute to Diana. How the eff can the DM write a whole article on such a mind numbingly boring topic. These topics appeal to such a narrow range of people and could be summed up in a sentence rather then taking up so much print. Also her speeches! They have no concrete examples or stories or inspiring catchy phrases, just word salad. She must be so boring to talk to as a person. Shallow as an Instagram post.

by Anonymousreply 290March 17, 2019 4:23 PM

I meant to write “What Meghan wore in tribute to Diana” but just have stroked out because recalling the PR non-articles that Meg puts out are THAT boring.

by Anonymousreply 291March 17, 2019 4:27 PM

Kate's St Patrick's Day outfits over the years. I think this year's is my favorite.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 292March 17, 2019 4:27 PM

R288 they’re making Kate and MM to be the Jennifer Aniston and Angelina Jolie of Great Britain. They think it sells newspapers, and I don’t think that’s a wrong assumption. I’m an equal opportunity disliker of the Royal Family, but the weird feud they have set up between the women strikes me as fake and stupid.

R275 you’re right too. I’ve noticed how they rehash stuff from even a year ago to keep the talk going, not to mention examining videos and making up scenarios that fit what they believe, but don’t have any basis in reality.

by Anonymousreply 293March 17, 2019 4:30 PM

In the R284 pic it is evident how brilliant Kate's styling is here. She could not have put together a more flattering or complimentary attire appropriate to the engagement. She fits right in to her environment and that photo shows how she contributes the perfect combination. Bravo.

by Anonymousreply 294March 17, 2019 4:30 PM

Will looks rather splendid too in his regalia.

by Anonymousreply 295March 17, 2019 4:33 PM

in 29 threads I can't be sure this hasn't been mentioned, but surprised to see it's not discussed more: Prednisone to make MM's face swell up to complement the Moonbump.

It's odd how she had several days/weeks of being papped with a huge, swollen face only for it to recede out of nowhere. A pregnant woman in her final weeks will get a fat face that will not go away until she gives birth (and sometimes several weeks postpartum).

by Anonymousreply 296March 17, 2019 4:32 PM

[quote] How the eff can the DM write a whole article on such a mind numbingly boring topic.

DM journalists write 10-12 articles per day. Their articles include such scintillating reads as "J-Lo and A-Rod's date night." Harry's possible paternity leave is more grist for the mill.

FWIW, I doubt the story is rooted in fact or is even a PR placement based on the quotes.

[quote] A friend of Harry's told the Express: 'He doesn't need to take paternity leave because he doesn't work in the way most people do, but he thinks it's a very modern Dad thing to do.'

It sounds like the kind of story they can get away with because the BRF wouldn't sue for such a frivolous thing.

by Anonymousreply 297March 17, 2019 4:35 PM

Love her earrings.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 298March 17, 2019 4:36 PM

^Exactly what I mean about fantasy, r296, there are a million reasons to put on and take off water weight (pregnancy being the biggest), so the conspiracy theorists think up the most inane reasons for it. No proof whatsoever, but this crackpot theory will become “fact” 30 posts later.

by Anonymousreply 299March 17, 2019 4:37 PM

Kate wore a Shamrock brooch too.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 300March 17, 2019 4:39 PM

This outfit is an A+ for Kate. Appropriateness being an underrated virtue in my opinion.

by Anonymousreply 301March 17, 2019 4:40 PM

Will and Kate the staid,, steady traditional ones, Meghan and Harry the cool, cosmopolitan ones. I mean, in theory it could work…

by Anonymousreply 302March 17, 2019 4:42 PM

R302, it captures a nice, big demographic, if they could make it work.

by Anonymousreply 303March 17, 2019 4:43 PM

Wonder is Carol is sitting somewhere mad at Meghan's sudden elevation.I know the Blackamoor Princess is......seeth you trolls.Long may Duchess Meghan reign......

by Anonymousreply 304March 17, 2019 4:44 PM

Someone put together a lot of photos of Harry and Meghan's SohoBébé. I don't know if the baby will look like any of these children. These children look more like half black/half white as opposed to all white/biracial of the Sussex couple.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 305March 17, 2019 4:46 PM

This baby is not a fan of Charles.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 306March 17, 2019 4:46 PM

Camilla looks good here.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 307March 17, 2019 4:47 PM

R297 The Avacado Toast photo leak by her makeup artist and the table spread shared by an Instagram fan account of Meg’s baby shower were definitely released or approved by her PR and are perfect examples I think of how boring the subject matter her PR is. None of these were aspirational in any way to fans. Do you think any one of us was like: OMG craving avocado toast now! Or I just Pinterest that baby shower table, those cookies and decor! What cutting edge must haves.

by Anonymousreply 308March 17, 2019 4:48 PM

Charles was NOT the cutest baby.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 309March 17, 2019 4:48 PM

R299 can you explain how a pregnant woman would LOSE water weight (in the face only, btw) during the third trimester?

by Anonymousreply 310March 17, 2019 4:49 PM

R293 Brexit is a bitch. People need light entertainment. The royals are fair game. Cue the fake feud.

William and Harry should have separate offices. They have different trajectories. In any other family, it wouldn't be seen as odd for two grown men to have different roles and living miles apart without people thinking they're at war. Even in a boy band, it would make sense to have different roles lol. This fantasy of Will and Harry as a duo and their wives becoming fast friends has no basis in reality.

But the BRF thread isn't a stranger to people with a tenuous hold on reality.

by Anonymousreply 311March 17, 2019 4:49 PM

Costume and pageantry are a military's stock and trade. Had the Duchess of Cambridge worn a Dior or Oscar de la Renta or God forbid Givenchy, how incongruous would that have been? She would have looked like a complete fool. So however Honeysuckles Weeks costume-y it may feel to some, it blends seamlessly and appropriate at their engagement.

by Anonymousreply 312March 17, 2019 4:49 PM

R310, she hasn’t, she’s as big as ever. There’s enough fun to be had without your bringing in conspiracy shit you made up in your own mind.

by Anonymousreply 313March 17, 2019 4:52 PM

Catherine and William in their younger days (when he had hair and she had some skin on her bones).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 314March 17, 2019 4:55 PM

How to spot Meghan PR trolls aka the talking points they share with numerous Twitter Bot Meghan trolls:

They talk up the rivalry between Harry and Wills, Charles and his sons or Meghan and Kate (divide, conquer and elevate. Classic Sunshine Sachs pr tactic used in the past with Beyoncé vs Rihanna and Angelina vs Jennifer.)

They INSIST Meghan is really pregnant, not because it’s so uncommon for celebrities to use surrogates, it is very common and acceptable even in Harry’s social circle. But because at this point when we insist she may be using a surrogate we are implying Meghan is guilty of being a liar if true. Which, let’s face it she most likely is.

Hammering the point home that Meghan and Harry are truly in love. Anyone with two eyes can tell they are not.

Insisting they great sexual chemistry. First of all barf. I’d pay not to watch that sex tape. I think this is just something Meg wants out there so she stays “sexy” and desirable and wanted in the eyes of others.

She is loved and supported by other celebrities who are close friends, guys!

If you have the unfortune pleasure of reading Twitter you can see the bots all hammering out the above points. These are all the current points of the month. Feel free to add more.

by Anonymousreply 315March 17, 2019 4:59 PM

I am not a bot, R315, amd I think anyone who insists Markle isn’t really pregnant is a pig ignorant moron with a questionable grasp on reality.

Can’t you take your lunatic ramblings and fuck off?

by Anonymousreply 316March 17, 2019 5:03 PM

Pig ignorant morons who take issue with the wobbly bump constantly changing sizes, the ability to defy basic center of gravity physics, and the fact that MM is exactly the type of lying grifter who would perpetrate such a fraud. What lunatics they are.

by Anonymousreply 317March 17, 2019 5:06 PM

I didn't consider R236 a rapier, but the flood of posters commenting on how "appropriate" they find Kate's coat sounds like multiple posters are feeling wounded by a single criticism. Doesn't take much to trigger this lot.

by Anonymousreply 318March 17, 2019 5:06 PM

Another Meg PR talking point not grounded in reality: Hey everyone. Meghan is so intelligent! More so then anyone in the BRF.

Reality: Eyes glaze over with boredom when associating with the unwashed masses and regularily starts conversations with gems such as “Hi, my name is Meghan.” and “Wow, I’m feeling really pregnant today.”

by Anonymousreply 319March 17, 2019 5:07 PM

I am staggered by the story in The Times today.

What it’s actually saying is that Countess Cunt and her pocket prince want to hang on to the free house, clothing allowance, police protection and titles yet want to dump the BRF and go their own way?

She is worse than I ever imagined. Truly.

by Anonymousreply 320March 17, 2019 5:07 PM

R319 - well, George Clooney is on record saying that Meghan is intelligent so it must be true.

by Anonymousreply 321March 17, 2019 5:09 PM

R317 Pig ignorant morons who don’t understand that such a fraud would be impossible in the BRF and that babies in bumps move.

Seriously, fuck off. There are entire forums set up for deluded cretins like you. Why do you have to come here as well?

by Anonymousreply 322March 17, 2019 5:09 PM

R270 - You have no idea what MM's popularity is. If the DM's and Telegraph's and DE's btl comments are anything to go by, their alleged popularity is, shall we say, illusory.

And yes, I think both Charles and Harry are using Meghan to sort out their Diana AND Mummy issues.

by Anonymousreply 323March 17, 2019 5:10 PM

Hey guys, we have a Meg PR bot right here. R322. A troll straight off the boat from Celebitchy! Y you so mad, girl.

by Anonymousreply 324March 17, 2019 5:10 PM

R320 - obviously Harry is in on her devious shit. She has filled his Dim Head with all sorts of delusions.

As I predicted in an early thread, once she got the ring on her finger and a taste of royal life, she would become quite insufferable. I was correct.

by Anonymousreply 325March 17, 2019 5:11 PM

How much do you get paid per post, R322?

by Anonymousreply 326March 17, 2019 5:12 PM

Well you know George was always a dear close friend and on first name basis with Meghan since she arrived in Hollywood.

by Anonymousreply 327March 17, 2019 5:11 PM

I wish DL wouldn’t delete at least one MM thread so that the crazies can post their fantasies in there, and leave these threads for the sane ones, MM fans or not.

by Anonymousreply 328March 17, 2019 5:12 PM

Go away, cunt. You are not interesting enough to engage with.

by Anonymousreply 329March 17, 2019 5:12 PM

Children, children. Stop fighting. Do you want to be shut down like the Dangling Tendrils thread?

by Anonymousreply 330March 17, 2019 5:12 PM

R326, it looks like R322 doesn’t get paid ENOUGH to be a Meg PR troll as she doesn’t seem to be able to afford even the generic Xanax. R322: Relax honey. Anyone with two eyes knows Meg isn’t pregnant.

by Anonymousreply 331March 17, 2019 5:13 PM

R270 - They were stopped because Meghan has delusions of grandeur that she is feeding the hapless Harry. She's married to the sixth in line; sixths in line don't get their own court. Margaret didn't get her own court, the Yorks didn't get their own court, when Edward was booted out of Britain after the Abdication he didn't get his own court.

What Meghan is doing is more Lady MacBeth than Diana. And we know how that turned out eventually for the Thane of Cawdor for whose wife his title wasn't quite enough.

by Anonymousreply 332March 17, 2019 5:15 PM

Please someone onDL start a thread for r331 and the rest on the tin foil hats. Call it the MM conspiracy theory thread. It could be like the infamous Angelina Jolie thread on LSA

by Anonymousreply 333March 17, 2019 5:17 PM

Agree R333.

by Anonymousreply 334March 17, 2019 5:18 PM

R318 sounds the one who is triggered. Adulation for Catherine knowing how to exactly dress for an occasion wounding your fragile MEgantoinette soul dear?

by Anonymousreply 335March 17, 2019 5:18 PM

Honestly, isn’t this all just classic Lady Macbeth territory? We’ve seen this play out in history over and over again.

Man with a bit of “power” marries ambitious, social-climbing woman who pushes, pushes and pushes. Man remains enthrallled while everyone else looks on, appalled.

by Anonymousreply 336March 17, 2019 5:22 PM

It’s basically the entire plot of Evita....right down to “They need to adore me...so Christian Dior me”.

by Anonymousreply 337March 17, 2019 5:26 PM

Somebody help R333!!! She is poor and can’t afford a Datalounge membership in order to start her own thread! (eyeroll)

by Anonymousreply 338March 17, 2019 5:33 PM

Hazbean had the gall to believe they could separate from the Royal Family and yet still receive support from the them and the British taxpayers? The more I think about it the more unbelievable it is. Their arrogance and self-entitlement boggles the mind.

by Anonymousreply 339March 17, 2019 5:34 PM

R335 As you are the one who responded to my original post at R236 you seem to be mistaken about who has triggered whom.

I've been playing nice, but bitch don't make me take off my earrings.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 340March 17, 2019 5:35 PM

R338 do you think the MM tin foil hat conspiracy theorists will all flock to the post I would start?: “Post Your Batshit Meghan Markle Conspiracy Theories Here and Watch Them Become Facts in 50 Posts or Less!”

by Anonymousreply 341March 17, 2019 5:46 PM

R341 - ok you've stated your fucking conspiracy theory/theories. We get it. Now, do shut the fuck up unless you have something important and educational to impart. We don't need to hear the same crap over and over again.

by Anonymousreply 342March 17, 2019 5:47 PM

Spot someone with issues and too much time on their hands:

See r315.

by Anonymousreply 343March 17, 2019 5:48 PM

The Criminal Fraud on the British People troll is back!

by Anonymousreply 344March 17, 2019 5:50 PM

So far, the poll option of "Divorce is coming within 2-4 years" is winning with over 25%.

by Anonymousreply 345March 17, 2019 5:52 PM

R342 in this thread??? Seriously? Along with the “MM took prednisone to fake a pregnancy” poster? Thanks for the biggest laugh I’ve had all week!!!

by Anonymousreply 346March 17, 2019 5:53 PM

R346 - yep, I read every post, dismiss the nuts and usually learn something new everyday. You should try it.

by Anonymousreply 347March 17, 2019 5:54 PM

[quote] do shut the fuck up unless you have something important and educational to impart. We don't need to hear the same crap over and over again.

R242 Not that I totally disagree, but this is the BRF thread; repeating the same shit ad nauseam is in the unwritten rules

by Anonymousreply 348March 17, 2019 5:55 PM

That should have said R342. Sorry

by Anonymousreply 349March 17, 2019 5:59 PM

R337 “It seems crazy but you must believe...there’s nothing calculated, nothing planned.”

by Anonymousreply 350March 17, 2019 6:07 PM

Yep, R337. Yep.

“I’d be surprisingly good for you”.

by Anonymousreply 351March 17, 2019 6:09 PM

Please, the Prednisone claim is nothing new. This was said the same thing about Beyonce when she faked her pregnancy and used a surrogate.

by Anonymousreply 352March 17, 2019 6:26 PM

Markle is far too vain to fatten up her face for any reason, including fraud.

by Anonymousreply 353March 17, 2019 6:33 PM

I'm going to get roasted I know, but I bet she wouldn't be averse to Cinderella saline fillers / salt water fillers that aren't as permanent, literally would last a couple of days, as opposed to using Prednisone.

by Anonymousreply 354March 17, 2019 6:41 PM

R337 “I’m still called an admiral, yet I gave up the sea long ago”

by Anonymousreply 355March 17, 2019 6:49 PM

I would bet money that the post Sohobebe story narrative was part of the PR plan from the jump, along with daddio and sis being stock actors on the team.

After all the we are with you blather to the kids, what are the next moves for Dim & Co?

by Anonymousreply 356March 17, 2019 6:55 PM

>>>>I've been playing nice, but bitch don't make me take off my earrings.

HILARIOUS!

by Anonymousreply 357March 17, 2019 7:01 PM

R253, why would Charles resent William? Charles has only himself to blame for his mother's stubborn refusal to abdicate, because of his own scandalous past, and William can't help where he is in the line of succession any more than Charles or George or Harry can.

Re the HazBeans' desire to do their own thing and remain on the royal payroll - they have not yet come to grips with their place in the hierarchy, precisely that they are lumped in with the rest of the minor royals. Their thinking is, "The Cambridges have their own court, why not us?" Good luck to them, though - the squeaky wheel gets the grease.

by Anonymousreply 358March 17, 2019 7:08 PM

R354 you're probably right

by Anonymousreply 359March 17, 2019 7:16 PM

The things is (and this is what Markle will never understand) they are working for the Queen. Every time we see them, they are there as her representatives. Every bow and curtsy is actually for her.

So to declare that they want their freedom to work on Brand Sussex, all the while enjoying the privileges she grants them, is a tremendous smack in the face for HM.

by Anonymousreply 360March 17, 2019 7:16 PM

R355 Hee hee. Yes. One of the cleverest lines in the whole thing!

by Anonymousreply 361March 17, 2019 7:18 PM

If Harry and Meghan want to leave the Royal Family, have their own court and go it alone, thhe Queen and Charles should tell them: "OK then, give up your titles, we won't be paying you any more money, leave Froggy Cottage and go earn your own living somewhere else. We've washed our hands of the two of you. There's the door, goodbye, good luck and good riddance".

That's what needs to be done with these two ungrateful shits.

by Anonymousreply 362March 17, 2019 7:39 PM

^ then the Queen

by Anonymousreply 363March 17, 2019 7:41 PM

No one will do anything of the sort, we all know it.

by Anonymousreply 364March 17, 2019 7:42 PM

Why on earth are the shamrocks given out so big? It looks like a bush is growing on Kate's chest?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 365March 17, 2019 7:49 PM

I'd like to see the bush growing on William's willy.

by Anonymousreply 366March 17, 2019 7:53 PM

R358, it has been speculated that he resents William and Harry for speaking out about mental health as he feels this subject is unbecoming of their positions. He is said to resent both of them for frequently bringing up their mother. They've never publicly blamed Charles for their mother's treatment by the BRF or her death nor so much as alluded to that there are any ill feelings towards him. (Which is very generous considering how Charles used them repeatedly to bolster his image after Diana. It cannot be an accident that we only see the Cambridge kids very infrequently. William will not let them be used how he and his brother were used by their parents.) However, he has let it be known through his mouthpieces that their remembrances of her are slight upon him, sort of a "I was their parent, too" temper tantrum.

He is said to resent William for not seeing his grandchildren frequently and for letting them spend so much time with the Middletons, even though his schedule would not permit seeing those kids with any regularity anyway AND it's rumored he did not ask for more time. Apparently, William and Kate were supposed to do all the work of bringing Charles together with his grandchildren. This, opposed to the Middletons, who have helpfully made themselves available whenever needed and actively sought out a relationship with the kids.

Oh, and it does not help that both sons are more popular than him and that people have openly expressed over the years that they would prefer William to succeed the throne after HM.

Charles is a whiny, perpetual victim. He seemingly takes no responsibility for his relationships nor his unpopularity. I imagine William is sick of his bullshit. I have often wondered if William has made mental health one of his causes because of the family dysfunction he and Harry had to endure growing up. Perhaps he has made use of mental health resources to work through these issues.

by Anonymousreply 367March 17, 2019 8:05 PM

R367 - Charles should talk about mental illness.

I read that friends were so worried about his mental state and thought that he was on the verge of a nervous breakdown when his marriage to Diana was on the skids. That's when Camilla stepped in to save the day. Yeah, one door closes and another door opens. He's a spoiled, selfish, jealous, petty little man who always plays the victim in every story.

He's not only unfit to sit on his mother's throne, he's not fit to shine his mother's shoes.

by Anonymousreply 368March 17, 2019 8:13 PM

From the beginning, some posters have said that Meghan's intention in marrying Harry was to build a Brangelina-type brand. With this latest news that they wanted autonomy to build a 'global philanthropy' brand, this seems true. This idea was reportedly shot down by HM and now we all know they are being 'put in their place' at BP to toil in minor royal obscurity with Anne, Andy and Edward. So, what happens now that Meghan knows she cannot achieve her goal? History shows she jumps ship rather quickly, but only if she has a better option. That we know of, she has no better options. She's trapped unless she is willing to lower her station in life (in her eyes).

by Anonymousreply 369March 17, 2019 8:32 PM

R358 It's doubtful Charles has anything to do with the queen's refusal to abdicate. It is more likely affected by the fact that her father reigned for only 15 years and her uncle for less than a year. When she ascended to the throne in 1952 she became monarch of nation that had just come out of the upheavals of a war, was in the midst of losing its empire and had had 4 monarchs in less than 20 years.

She made a vow in 1947

[quote] I declare before you all that my whole life, whether it be long or short, shall be devoted to your service and the service of our great Imperial family to which we all belong

I don't know the queen and refuse to speculate too much on her way of thinking but I suspect the vow of duty to the UK and to the Commonwealth is more important than Charles and his tampon twins days of yore.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 370March 17, 2019 8:39 PM

It all comes down to money, I think R369.

If Harry won the Euromillions tomorrow I am certain they’d ditch the UK and decamp to LA without a backward glance. They probably fondly imagine themselves as a cross between Bill Gates & Oprah Winfrey.

They are stuck doing as HM says because she & Charles are the ones paying their exhorbitant bills.

I do still think Markle will be off within a year or two when she realises her dreams of being Diana 2.0 are simply not going to happen. She is arrogant and narcissistic enough to truly believe she doesn’t need the BRF and can make more money & achieve more influence without them.

Most people would know that the BRF is as good as it gets for someone like her, but she is not most people.

by Anonymousreply 371March 17, 2019 8:40 PM

R370, it was most certain,y a different time when the Queen ascended to the throne. Thanks for the insightful post. Charles has had it much easier, and he doesn’t seem to quite understand that.

by Anonymousreply 372March 17, 2019 8:56 PM

I never bought the notion that Charles wants his mother to die so he can ascend to the throne. To the contrary, I think it's more likely he wishes she were immortal.

I don't think he minds a bit being Prince Charles. He's had a front row seat watching QE II's endless duties, obligations and worries which, yes, do exist in tandem with her unmatched privileges, but still, he's had a long life being Prince Charles, not King Charles. He knows that life.

I wouldn't be surprised one iota if he, in fact, dreads QE II's death, and wouldn't mind dying first.

by Anonymousreply 373March 17, 2019 8:57 PM

She's his mother so of course he's conflicted.

by Anonymousreply 374March 17, 2019 9:07 PM

R373, yes, I absolutely believe that. I believe everyone in the royal family is dreading her departure, much more so than any other successions in European—or any—royal families. Charles probably most of all.

by Anonymousreply 375March 17, 2019 9:16 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 376March 17, 2019 10:32 PM

I don't like the buttons on Meghan's coat.

Not a fan of the texture of Zara's coat either. Love the colour of the hat and shoes though.

by Anonymousreply 377March 17, 2019 10:40 PM

So does it say something that they didn't make meghan godmother? Or no big deal? Will her and her fans be smug that they didn't make will and Kate godparents?

by Anonymousreply 378March 17, 2019 10:48 PM

The buttons on the coat Meghan is wearing look like they are about to fall off, and the fabric looks awful. Zara's coat looks like she dug it out of a box in the garage.

by Anonymousreply 379March 17, 2019 10:49 PM

Why the fuck would the Tindalls make Meghan the godmother? She hasn't known Zara and Mike long enough to go on holiday much less be godmother to their child. It's not usually a couple thing as far as I know.

Not a Meghan hater or a stan, before the tin hat brigade on either side decide to get riled up. Also not a bot from Russia, or anywhere else.

by Anonymousreply 380March 17, 2019 11:05 PM

Meghan's coat is horrible - the colour makes her look dull and the buttons look loose.

Zara and Harry have always been said to be close, so no surprise at Harry being made godfather. I wouldn't be surprised if Zara were chosen as one of the Sohobebe's godparents in return - that is, if there's a slot left that hasn't been taken by Jessica Mulroney, Serena Williams, and Amal Clooney.

Married couples aren't necessarily put together as godparents so I wouldn't read too much into Meghan not being made godmother. Zara and Harry have known each other all their lives.

by Anonymousreply 381March 17, 2019 11:12 PM

Usually the Dad choses a godparent or two from close friends & family and likewise for the Mum, similar to bridesmaids etc. I think it’d be very unusual for Meghan to be considered.

Zara is probably the royal least likely to be interested in any feud. I don’t expect to see her ‘choose sides’.

by Anonymousreply 382March 17, 2019 11:26 PM

[quote] Equestrian Zara recently became a brand ambassador for trendy pram and buggy firm iCandy.

Tucked at the end of the DM story is that tiny morsel. Does this thicken or thin the plot?

What to make of the branded car at the gates of Windsor? Did Zara have a hand in it? Was it there at Meghan's request or was it there for someone else? Are H and M supporting the cousins in their new business venture as good members of the Firm? Is Meghan trying to steal the contract away from Zara?

by Anonymousreply 383March 17, 2019 11:29 PM

The Duchess of Frogmore will spin even the losses such as not being allowed to start her own "global philanthropy" initiative and court into a talking point after the divorce. She'll do a very special Oprah interview where she will dab at tears while lamenting "I just wanted to help people all over the world and they wouldn't let me....I tried...really I tried...I don't know why they were so mean to me...there were dozens of us in the marriage, his grandmother, his father and evil stepmother, his bully brother, his non-ride offering sister-in-law, misbehaving Lottie....."

by Anonymousreply 384March 17, 2019 11:41 PM

Why doesn't she use her 5 million to start her global philantropy initiative?

by Anonymousreply 385March 18, 2019 12:06 AM

R385 - "Why doesn't she use her 5 million to start her global philantropy initiative?"

She needs the money for her new wardrobe of de la Rentas, Diors, Givenchys,and Laurens after the baby is born. And of course to pay her new communications guru 140,000 quid annuallly . . . .

oh, wait, I forgot: the Sovereign Grant is paying Sarah Latham.

by Anonymousreply 386March 18, 2019 12:31 AM

Why should she? They were dumb enough to let her in. Pay the piper! Besides its more fun to use the Sovereign Grant fund.

by Anonymousreply 387March 18, 2019 12:31 AM

I actually rather like MMs coat, especially the color. I always liked deep maroon anyway. But the buttons do look ill-sewn. I think Zara looks just ok, but her shoes are fabulous.

by Anonymousreply 388March 18, 2019 12:33 AM

[quote]—I do know Macbeth isn’t history, btw.

Actually, it is. Although Shakespeare's account is somewhat fictionalized, like modern docudramas, for both dramatic effect and political reasons, MacBeth was a real Scottish general who became King of the Scots in 1040 and remained so until his death in 1057, although styled King of Alba. Shakespeare's primary source was Holinshed's Chronicles, which he also used as a primary source for several of his plays, as did other Elizabethan playwrights.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 389March 18, 2019 12:44 AM

Harry is as much involved in this as Meghan. I suggested a few weeks ago that this is all a long con to get out from under the BRF but with their money. They will continue to push the envelope until they get want, they split or the BRF wears them down. Even without Meghan, I think Harry will continue to look for a way out.

by Anonymousreply 390March 18, 2019 12:56 AM

R389 But in the context of my post, Macbeth is not history. No Lady Macbeth pulling strings and manipulating a weak man....which is the comparison I was making. Shakespeare did not write history, he wrote drama with the odd real name & event thrown in.

by Anonymousreply 391March 18, 2019 12:59 AM

The Daily Express has an article up expanding on the NO from BP to Meghan's and Harry's request for an independent court - they really did want to starty their own "brand", the "Sussex brand" of "work" for the BRF.

"Royal ROW: Meghan Markle BLOCKED from launching scheme by Queen - 'Can’t do her own thing'

THE QUEEN and Prince Charles have allegedly put a stop to Meghan Markle and Prince Harry’s plans to set up their own global “philanthropy brand” separate from the Royal Family, according to sources.

he soon-to-be parents wanted to create their own “Sussex brand” that was completely independent from the Royal Family, according to online gossip magazine Page Six. A royal source told the Sunday Times: “They wanted their household to be entirely independent of Buckingham Palace, but were told ‘no’. “They can’t just go off and do their own thing.” Instead, the Sussexes’ will have their own separate offices away from the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge but will still be under the Royal Family."

You know, this is how Meghan probably hooked Harry: she told him that with her help they could strike out on her own and he wouldn't be in his brother's and father's shadow.

She really has the balls of a brass gorilla - take the UK taxpayer money to renovate her cottage, take the Sovereign Grant and her father in law's money to drape herself in Dior, and then take off on her own using the platform their name has given her.

That Harry, who grew up in the institution, thought for a moment the BRF would let his scheming bitch of wife get away with this shows how blindered he was.

They have ALL got her number now, including Charles. Because anyone who thinks that the ego-driven Charles will let his younger son and daugher in law build some brand that will overshadow him as well as the future monarchs whilst within the family, underestimates Charles's loyalty to the crown and his own sense of importance.

So she's been stopped, for now, by both HM AND Charles, which means that she won't get any farther with King Charles than she did with Prince Charles.

There probably isn't a single member of the BRF now that doesn't loathe and distrust Meghan, which means she's alienated him from his entire blood family.

After this roadblock, battlelines have been drawn. Eventually, either Harry will realise his mistake and divorce her, or she'll drag him out of the line of succession so they can pursue their "brand".

The only problem is, neither of them have the charisma or money to do what she's been scheming to do since the day she met him. Diana tried it. It didn't work.

by Anonymousreply 392March 18, 2019 1:10 AM

R390 - You kind of beat me to it. I totally agree. And I said from the start that Harry hated the work and should have just left to marry Meghan. I forgot that he'd want to get out having made her a royal Duchess and given his kids their little titles, and gotten out with money and a nascent brand.

The BRF has its just desserts for not having the balls to tell Harry NO - you want her that bad, give up your place in the line of succession, Parliament will pass your Uncle Andy and Bea and Yuge will be thrilled to be bumped up a couple of places, and you and MeAgain can go live in Botswana or LaCa or anywhere else she thinks she can leverage you into her A-list fantasies.

How could they have been so utterly stupid?!

by Anonymousreply 393March 18, 2019 1:16 AM

I read that when Meghan first met the Queen and attempted to curtsy, she bowed her head too low and her hat fell off. Can anyone confirm?

by Anonymousreply 394March 18, 2019 1:19 AM

R376 Zara's shoes are a little inappropriate for church,yes?If Meghan was wearing them they would be called slut shoes.

by Anonymousreply 395March 18, 2019 1:26 AM

R392, I think you fail to realize that he is in it as much as she is. I think her appeal to Harry was her raw ambition and audacity as much as anything else.

by Anonymousreply 396March 18, 2019 1:43 AM

R395 hah they probably are, but they’re still fabulous!

by Anonymousreply 397March 18, 2019 1:44 AM

Get your stories straight, girls: yesterday Harry was annoyed and embarrassed by her and wanted to divorce her, today he’s in cahoots with her and they are conspiring to rule the world together.

by Anonymousreply 398March 18, 2019 1:49 AM

R395 They are quite slutty and I like that. The church has survived worse things than a pair of sexy heels. It'll be fine.

Most of Kate's pumps annoy me. I loved the boots she wore with the green dress recently. It was different and it worked with the outfit. I also like the Prada Scalloped Suede Sandals she was rocking hard in 2017. I'm also a fan of her Russell and Bromley boots, esp when she wears them with a dress of skirt.

Meghan's shoe game is tight in my opinion. The black strappy Tamara Mellons and the brown velvet Jimmy Choos are both divine.

by Anonymousreply 399March 18, 2019 1:59 AM

^^^^ dress OR skirt

by Anonymousreply 400March 18, 2019 2:00 AM

I don't think MM's choice of headgear is flattering. For some reason, every time I see her in a beret type hat --- I see images of Patty Hearst with the machine gun robbing a bank. Maybe that's what MM is really doing --- she's a revolutionary holding up the BRF and robbing the bank!

by Anonymousreply 401March 18, 2019 2:17 AM

She never stops, it must be exhausting. Watching the vid of her charging ahead at that ceremony, in light of all of this and the blathering we are WITH YOU speech, we have all known people a bit like this but she really takes the cake. When is grasping baby shower round 2?

They really should not have ruined the holidays of the Cambridges and Middletons, you give people like her an inch and they take a mile anyway. They are trying to control the optics to make it happy families and only 1 side has that goal, has ever had it.

The photos, the one that looked like a car advert, or the fireworks one, wonder if that was branding set up?

by Anonymousreply 402March 18, 2019 2:25 AM

The fireworks one was so embarrassingly photoshopped. Harry's legs! Almost all the currently available images on Google and Bing are cropped from the waist down. Click the image for the original full view.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 403March 18, 2019 3:43 AM

MeAgain probably did it herself, R403.

by Anonymousreply 404March 18, 2019 3:53 AM

Wow, Harry looks as bald as William in that stupid Christmas card photo.

by Anonymousreply 405March 18, 2019 4:22 AM

What do we all think of this move both Kate and Meghan do of squatting down to talk to children or accept flowers? I'm old school, think it looks a little ridiculous. The Queen never did this, it must be a Diana thing.

by Anonymousreply 406March 18, 2019 5:02 AM

Zara’s slutty shoes must have been difficult to walk in. I don’t get spike heels anyway - don’t they sink into the grass and the cracks in the concrete?

by Anonymousreply 407March 18, 2019 5:20 AM

R406 The idea is that you are at the same eye level as the kids and it’s less intimidating and more engaging for them instead of someone standing over them.

by Anonymousreply 408March 18, 2019 5:22 AM

I get why they squat but think it looks undignified unless the child is upset or injured in some way. I’m with the Queen, who saw William crouched down with George on the balcony and told him to get tf up!

by Anonymousreply 409March 18, 2019 5:26 AM

Sorry, R409. I particularly thought William's moving down to George's level to talk to him was the right move for father to son.

Yes, William was briefly not visible to the crowd, but he thought it more important to talk to George at that moment. When the Queen was a young parent, she obviously would not have done it.

by Anonymousreply 410March 18, 2019 5:31 AM

Yeah, and the Queen raised some fucked up kids, so maybe kneeling down and interacting with them like that is the way to go.

by Anonymousreply 411March 18, 2019 5:34 AM

The queen does not kneel down, because a sovereign not kneel to subjects.

by Anonymousreply 412March 18, 2019 5:55 AM

^does not kneel

by Anonymousreply 413March 18, 2019 5:58 AM

William's not a sovereign.

by Anonymousreply 414March 18, 2019 5:59 AM

MeAgain her hair looks odd . It looked like it wasn’t washed .

by Anonymousreply 415March 18, 2019 6:20 AM

Those big, loose dangling buttons on Meghan's coat look like teats or udders.

by Anonymousreply 416March 18, 2019 6:30 AM

The coat...what color is that?

by Anonymousreply 417March 18, 2019 6:37 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 418March 18, 2019 6:44 AM

Pardon me as I don a tin foil chapeau for a moment:

Royal Dish stated they were henceforth ceasing any and all discussion regarding Harry and MEghan without giving an explanation why. The website made this notice on March 9th.

Lipstick Alley had a rapid fire thread going called "unpopular opinion" about MEghan Markle which coincidentally also got closed to further replies. Last post was on March 8th.

by Anonymousreply 419March 18, 2019 7:00 AM

What is going on with her hair ! It looks greasy as hell and that for a christening ? Couldn.t she be bothered with washing her hair?

by Anonymousreply 420March 18, 2019 8:45 AM

Given how trendy the girl is, she's probably into the "no poo" thing, which is when you don't use shampoo because it's bad for your hair.

by Anonymousreply 421March 18, 2019 8:52 AM

I have a hard time making up my mind about MM. I can't decide whether she is really very intelligent and driven and her every move is calculated, or whether she is just a simple-minded whore with a certain low cunning, who actually believes her own bullshit, trades on her looks and sex appeal and doesn't understand why others resist her corny attempts at manipulation.

One thing I have no doubt about is how angry Harry is. He's bitter about being the "red-headed stepchild" in his family compared to his brother; about how he feels the RF treated his mother whom he imagines would have protected him as an adult; about his dismal prospects as a minor royal ribbon cutter with no status; and lastly about the backlash of public rejection of his marriage. He would love to forge a cool new brand with MM - adored celebrity philanthropists who live lives of untold luxury and freedom when they aren't doing their good works. But the powers that be have proven entirely resistant to this plan and clearly it's NOT HAPPENING.

by Anonymousreply 422March 18, 2019 8:54 AM

I bet Mike Tindall is a beast in bed.

by Anonymousreply 423March 18, 2019 8:54 AM

I was the last person on DL who still liked George Clooney. But I've had it with Hollywood Royalty, and I finally recognize him as a creep. He needs to stop shooting off his mouth, but he won't. He's too enamored with himself.

by Anonymousreply 424March 18, 2019 9:12 AM

And I bet both Zara and he love it, r423. I wouldn't be surprised if she is often the aggressor.

by Anonymousreply 425March 18, 2019 9:12 AM

What a great life Zara must have. Tons of money coming in from endorsements, an easygoing husband who is a hands-on dad, lives on a gorgeous estate owned by her mother, free to pursue her costly passion, riding, at which she excels, no tedious royal responsibilities or accountability, and extremely well-liked.

by Anonymousreply 426March 18, 2019 9:13 AM

Right? Forget being a freaking duchess - I want Zara's life!

by Anonymousreply 427March 18, 2019 9:15 AM

Not exactly true R419. The LSA Unpopular Markle was never down, and continues 80 pages or so a week. It's very strong.

by Anonymousreply 428March 18, 2019 11:25 AM

Forgot to say, LSA thread went to Part 2.

by Anonymousreply 429March 18, 2019 11:38 AM

Separated at birth? LOL

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 430March 18, 2019 11:42 AM

Not really seeing it, R430. There are similarities, but not enough to be separated-at-birth.

by Anonymousreply 431March 18, 2019 11:46 AM

Presuming Pippa loves her husband, she made a much better choice than Harry would have been. No ribbon cutting, no scrutiny, no RF or courtiers to deal with, plenty of dosh apparently.... And her husband is quite successful and probably does not have a drug or alcohol problem, since he's a keen athlete.

by Anonymousreply 432March 18, 2019 11:48 AM

Raging Harry shines through a lot these days, the drugs and drink just tamp it down a bit.

He and his father truly believe that they are hard done by. SMDH.

by Anonymousreply 433March 18, 2019 11:52 AM

What is SMDH ?

by Anonymousreply 434March 18, 2019 12:16 PM

Let me guess: So Much Drama Here??

by Anonymousreply 435March 18, 2019 12:32 PM

[quote] probably does not have a drug or alcohol problem, since he's a keen athlete.

That logic is ridiculous. There are so many professional and recreational athletes who do drugs.

by Anonymousreply 436March 18, 2019 12:32 PM

SMDH = Shaking My Damn Head

by Anonymousreply 437March 18, 2019 12:33 PM

You’re all wrong... SMDH=So much damn hate.

by Anonymousreply 438March 18, 2019 12:38 PM

What good is an acronym if it has multiple meanings and everybody differs on what the meaning is?

by Anonymousreply 439March 18, 2019 12:41 PM

I hate acronyms. Way too many today.

by Anonymousreply 440March 18, 2019 12:47 PM

I think few if any of us realised how angry and ill-done by Harry felt until he showed up with Meghan, and that includes me and I've been watching and reading for a long time. I wonder if that also included his own family. It speaks to his immaturity, because his advantages are staggering and he seems not to be able to bring any mature perspective to the whole picture. Meghan in less than one year has already done major damage to his relationships with his family, and like Diana before her, clearly underestimated the power of the system she was trying to bend to her own will. I can imagine that at this time it takes all the Queen's and William's years of public self-discipline to keep a straight face whilst in the same room with her.

Either the marriage or Harry's willing membership in the BRF will end within five years. Meghan isn't one to take defeat kindly, and she will, like Lady Macbeth, make his life hell, incessantly urging him to assert his independence and "stand up to your father and William and that old lady" and when it becomes clear eventually that the institution is bigger than Harry, she'll walk, and he can either go with her or wave bye bye and try to retrieve the shards of his former life.

He should have married Chelsy or Cressida. He was a fool.

by Anonymousreply 441March 18, 2019 12:51 PM

Could not agree more, R441.

There are flashes of actual rage on his face at times. It goes way beyond peevishness. He truly is the WORST of both of his parents and seems actually unstable. She is the worst thing that ever happened to him. Now grandiosity is added into the mix. WE are WITH YOU! Sit down old balding dude, you aint young.

The lack of closeness between him and the Cambridge kids makes more sense now, he has been spiraling for a long time. There is video of William running up to Andrew to be picked up when he was a page in his wedding, nothing like that with George or Charlotte.

Have we figured out what 2 friends were excluded from the wedding cuz she allegedly blew them at Soho?

What plans were she and Marcus hatching in the Big Apple?

I was on the fence about the gender fluid thing but if the stories about a brand have not been denied and that one was, it was shot down too. I feel for that poor kid. Narcissists are brutal parents. The video of her charging ahead at that ceremony was astonishing in light of it all. They keep gaining ground in my experience because people like this do not back off once a line is drawn, the push, push, push is exhausting.

Welp, they should have known from Diana, and, like a vampire, she was invited in, lol.

by Anonymousreply 442March 18, 2019 1:06 PM

Meghan is planning to partner with Victoria's Secret and develop a "fair trade" line of lingerie. Victoria's Secret is desperate to save its brand and well we all know that Meghan is also desperate.

by Anonymousreply 443March 18, 2019 1:13 PM

The ads will all be her flashing at public engagements, sure to be a hit!

by Anonymousreply 444March 18, 2019 1:20 PM

Harry has probably always had mental health issues, but my own personal theory is that he went of the rails when the Cambridge kids came along. Until they came along Harry was the 'kid' of the BRF and was treated with adoration no matter what he was up to. Now the Cambridge kids have supplanted this adoration. They are a reminder to Harry that he is irrelevant in the scheme of things. He could have accepted his position and lived an admirable life. Instead, he got with Meghan and bought into her global philanthropy brand dreams.

by Anonymousreply 445March 18, 2019 1:23 PM

She could always be a spokesmodel for Nair Bikini Cream.

by Anonymousreply 446March 18, 2019 1:29 PM

I think one of the excluded friends was Tom Inskip.

by Anonymousreply 447March 18, 2019 1:30 PM

R442 and R447 is how fictions become fact. Tom Inskip and his wife Laura attended Harry and Meghan's wedding.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 448March 18, 2019 1:43 PM

I can understand social media closing down "bash Meg" enthusiasts.They all sound like nutters with delusions of being with the ginger Prince.He choose Meghan,get over it.Then mix in the Blackamoor racist,yeah close those idiots down.All of them.

by Anonymousreply 449March 18, 2019 1:50 PM

Why did Zara have to name her kid Lens?

by Anonymousreply 450March 18, 2019 2:04 PM

R395 We don't really have a 'dress code' for church any longer in the UK, they're just glad if anyone turns up, whatever they are wearing.

by Anonymousreply 451March 18, 2019 2:05 PM

I hope that Edoardo guy marries Bea. He looks fun. More entertainment for us.

by Anonymousreply 452March 18, 2019 2:08 PM

Let's have a throwback moment for the Duchess of Kent's choice of pearls and trainers to accessorize her Erdem dress at the Sussex wedding.

Cute AF.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 453March 18, 2019 2:10 PM

Anyone else think beas guy eddie is a cake-boy?

In the words of Sir Murray Duvall: He's a disco-dancing, Oscar-Wilde-reading, Streisand ticket-holding friend of Dorothy....know what I'm saying? He's gay.

by Anonymousreply 454March 18, 2019 2:18 PM

To the poster that thinks we want to be with Harry nooo we don’t ! I personally find him fugly and greasy . He was cute when he was 25 but after that downhill .

by Anonymousreply 455March 18, 2019 2:19 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 456March 18, 2019 2:38 PM

Photos and video of Charles in St Lucia. He and Camilla are beginning a ten-day tour of various Caribbean islands.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 457March 18, 2019 2:56 PM

Photos of the Queen driving Kate and Carole Middleton around the Balmoral estate a couple of years ago.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 458March 18, 2019 3:02 PM

HM and Kate have an event together tomorrow at Kings College!

by Anonymousreply 459March 18, 2019 3:02 PM

The unamused Queen with one of her see-through umbrellas. She was at the Tindall christening.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 460March 18, 2019 3:04 PM

The young Queen with her two oldest children. I love the outfits that Charles and Anne are wearing.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 461March 18, 2019 3:06 PM

Say "cheese", Lilibet!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 462March 18, 2019 3:08 PM

She's pissed because the paps showed up. Wonder who tipped them off. This was supposed to be a private event. Even church staff have commented that they were not given forewarning by the Vicar about the royals.

by Anonymousreply 463March 18, 2019 3:09 PM

R459 - yeah, and let's see if Nutmeg's PR leaks some story to the press to knock them off the front pages.

by Anonymousreply 464March 18, 2019 3:10 PM

R463 - Meghan;s PR tipped the paps off, silly.

by Anonymousreply 465March 18, 2019 3:11 PM

^ Meghan's

by Anonymousreply 466March 18, 2019 3:12 PM

Kate wore the look better.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 467March 18, 2019 3:12 PM

For all of Harry's resentment towards his family, I don't think that includes Zara. They supposedly have a good relationship. I wonder if he can admit to himself that Meghan called the paps for what was supposed to be a private event?

by Anonymousreply 468March 18, 2019 3:14 PM

This week it's Kate's turn to grace the Hello magazine cover.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 469March 18, 2019 3:17 PM

Beatrice and Eduardo remind me of Phillipe Junot and Princess Caroline. He was another social climber who got bounced out after a short period of time.

by Anonymousreply 470March 18, 2019 3:23 PM

The Sun is on a tear:

Meghan Markle ‘was a failure’ and ‘over the hill actress’ before meeting Prince Harry, Andrew Morton claims

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 471March 18, 2019 3:37 PM

^sorry, that is the Irish Sun.

by Anonymousreply 472March 18, 2019 3:40 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 473March 18, 2019 3:43 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 474March 18, 2019 3:53 PM

r448, the word is the two friends did not get an invite to the exclusive evening reception! That's where the real important "friends" were assembled, not the stuffy, smelly chapel.

by Anonymousreply 475March 18, 2019 4:07 PM

Thank you for explaining that R428. I don't go over to Lipstick Alley, am not registered nor do I browse there or anything; but when I when I googled the thread and popped over there for a looksie, I saw that it said "Not open for further replies" which gave me pause.

I have no issue when a perceived conspiracy can be reasonably explained as R428 did. I am still wondering about this however

[quote]In her Daily Telegraph story on Saturday, reporters Camilla Tominey and Hannah Furness report that "suspicious 'bot-like Twitter accounts and handles linked to Russian conspiracy theories have been 'obsessively' tweeting" positive remarks about the Duchess of Sussex, an investigation has found.

[quote]The article goes on to state that "analysis of accounts interconnected into a 'Meghan Markle' Twitter community found around 1000 'highly-connected' accounts which have tweeted more than two and a half million times since September."

[quote]"One account with the second highest number of pro-Meghan followers, which also tweets about US politics from a pro-Democratic perspective, appears to indicate 'bot-like activity' while the fourth most shared account frequently tweets from Russia Today.'

Two school of thoughts on this for me, 1) Is MEghan's pr paying for this and if so how is she paying them? -because ME certainly isn't flush with petty cash to burn as much as she would have us believe. 2) Or is this more Russian meddling meant to destabilize the west? In this case to add more upheaval and confusion in the case of Brexit and rock the BRF establishment that was always relied upon for stability and continuity?

by Anonymousreply 476March 18, 2019 4:23 PM

^^^^ that was meant to read as "Two schools of thought"--pardon

(I'm not going to fuss about the grammatical errors though.)

by Anonymousreply 477March 18, 2019 4:27 PM

I would think that Russian bots would more likely be in the racist, anti-Meghan, let's divide people camp.

by Anonymousreply 478March 18, 2019 4:44 PM

Russian bots are in the "anything that pisses people off" camp IMO. Nothing gets the DM commenters going like a seemingly pro Meghan story. The commenters double down on their dislike. Even the moderately disinterested become more passionately in-hate because they think she's being forced on the public. The DM has been running that play for months. I highly doubt the DM is pro Meghan or being paid by her staff. The stories about her just generate so much traffic that they're irresistible from a financial standpoint.

by Anonymousreply 479March 18, 2019 4:54 PM

You might presume that R478 but the facts are proving otherwise. Most delude themselves into thinking criticisms of Markle are reduced to race based versus simply not liking the woman because she is a phony and people are on to her tricks. She has lost exponentially more fans over the course of her entering the BRF than gained new supporters who were formerly against her or even ambivalent. Russia isn't playing some white supremacy long game schtick, they play the Russia supremacy power dominance full stop. Putin's play book from the beginning has translated into spitballing on every front and then see what sticks to destabilize the West.

by Anonymousreply 480March 18, 2019 4:58 PM

The new classic "Bitch I ain't talkin' to you" gif

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 481March 18, 2019 5:06 PM

R481 - Will looks like he's tempted to take his scarf off and wrap it around the neck of you-know-who.

by Anonymousreply 482March 18, 2019 5:07 PM

In the Queen's day, when royal children went out in public, they usually wore more formal attire including little gloves. She looks like a little woman.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 483March 18, 2019 5:11 PM

R354 - never heard of short-term saline fillers. That would make sense. There are days her face and lips look absolutely stuffed with filler and then a day or so later, not. If she's using saline then it makes sense.

by Anonymousreply 484March 18, 2019 5:11 PM

I always liked the quiet dignity of Princess Alice, formerly the Duchess of Gloucester. She nearly drowned as a child and died at 101 years old, beating the Queen Mum's record of longevity. There are numerous photos of her here and a little information on her.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 485March 18, 2019 5:15 PM

I think you might be on to something R445.

by Anonymousreply 486March 18, 2019 5:15 PM

Some lovely photos of Princess Alice of Gloucester.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 487March 18, 2019 5:18 PM

Of course, Alice was the mother of the handsome Prince William of Gloucester.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 488March 18, 2019 5:21 PM

R441, I believe Harry has inherited his mother's instability and he is also at or near the age she was when her marriage was over and she set out on her own. She did some good things, but in her personal life she went off the rails. She, like him, seemed to have a chip on her shoulder and expect to be catered to and also the center of attention. During her affair with Hasnat Kahn he had an extremely busy hospital schedule and apparently she absolutely battered him with constant texts, which is something Harry already is in the habit of doing. She also wanted to transform him into a celebrity doctor where the two of them would travel the world doing their humanitiarn thing. He would be the brains, so to speak, and she'd use her global celebrity to shine the light. Of course in the end she ghosted him (according to Kahn himself) which is when she turned up on Dodi's yacht. Looking back, I think the media had their knives out for her with that one, and were just waiting for the summer to be over to let her have it. It was truly an epic misstep. And then of course turned out to be a misstep on a tragic scale that interrupted where her media trajectory was taking her. She was going to be pilloried. She completely overreached. You're not showing the BRF a thing or two by flaunting yourself around Cannes (or wherever she was) on the yacht of an arms' dealer's yacht with his cocaine addled son, particularly when that rumored arms dealer has always been refused British citizenship. That was a case where she wasn't going to elevate the Fayeds. They were going to drag her down.

Yes, she was in an impossible position or so it seemed, but I think if she had been a different personality she may have been able to find a loving relationship after Charles that was based in reality. So she and her son have that issue in common.

by Anonymousreply 489March 18, 2019 5:28 PM

R489 - Great post. The parallels are incredibly striking.

by Anonymousreply 490March 18, 2019 5:41 PM

I never found either of the Wales boys hot, but MM stans can go ahead and think people don't like Meghan because they want that rashy, sullen, no lipped Cyclops for themselves. He is the only famous rich person on this planet and everybody's Cinderella fantasies about marrying well centered on him, both in the U.K. and all over the world. We will never forgive that Smeg.

by Anonymousreply 491March 18, 2019 6:09 PM

If she got banished from court and took that idiotic jester with her, he would hardly be missed. In fact, I hope those two never divorce. May they rot together in marital bliss like the Duck and Duchess of Windsor and enjoy a wasted lifetime miserable in each other's company. I can't think of two people who deserve it more. Vive la Sussex matrimonium!

by Anonymousreply 492March 18, 2019 6:19 PM

MM not being 100% white is what’s sticking in the throats of her haters. They’re just too arrogant to admit it. And too afraid of being seen as politically incorrect.

by Anonymousreply 493March 18, 2019 6:27 PM

MM has done nothing wrong but be a biracial divorcée. No one in Harry’s social circle was willing to spend life in a fishbowl or put up with such an immature but likable bloke like Prince Harry. Maybe she is an adventuress, so what? Most of you are probably the same ones posting racist bullshit on the other forums. Do it here and you’ll be banned. You post just enough shit about MM to get away with it elsewhere. So sad, really. Your hatred of Meghan is psychotic and cruel. I doubt that Kate is any picnic either. Her single minded pursuit of William at the expense of her self respect is proof of that. She has no soul.

by Anonymousreply 494March 18, 2019 6:34 PM

Therein lies the fractured logic from a substandard education, nameless posters with impunity "too afraid" of their anonymous image. WTF?

by Anonymousreply 495March 18, 2019 6:37 PM

Please. Meghan applied for this job and she is not meeting the standards for this job. Yes, job. She could chosen a situation such as Anne's husband and lived a predominantly private existence. Granted, with her background, she would have naturally received more publicity. But she chose to accept the position and take the title and all that comes with that title. She represents the monarchy. She chose a publicly-funded job and, as such, is open for criticism as to how she carries out that job. Of course, she has her racist detractors. Her being biracial; however, has nothing to do with the fact that she is a fuck up. If she wanted to succeed at her role, all she would have to do is just follow the rules. She could be an incredible asset but all she is interested in doing is promoting herself.

by Anonymousreply 496March 18, 2019 6:46 PM

R495 is racist, assuming that I have a substandard education. What a twat you are.

How is human uterus Kate much better.

by Anonymousreply 497March 18, 2019 6:53 PM

J'adore the word "adventuress"!

by Anonymousreply 498March 18, 2019 7:00 PM

You’re the racist R495 and should be deeply ashamed of yourself.

Markle is more than a skin colour - she’s a human being. She has a personality like everyone else and is as subject to criticism as any other public figure.

You have chosen to “other” her by deciding that the only significant thing about her is how much melanin she has in her skin and therefore this is the only possible reason anyone could dislike her.

So take your racist rantings and fuck off.

by Anonymousreply 499March 18, 2019 7:03 PM

Oh, and you’re a misogynist to boot,

Most women have children...including your mother.

Refer to all of them as “human utereses”, do you? (A stupid, meaningless phrase).

So in a couple of posts you’ve revealed yourself as a misogynistic, racist cretin. Lovely.

by Anonymousreply 500March 18, 2019 7:07 PM

R493 - Yes, that's why they ripped Fergie to shreds - they knew somewhere underneath it all she wasn't all white.

Please. Take your reductionist crap back to Celebitchy. By your lights, anyone with a smidgin of nonwhite DNA gets a pass on narcissism, bad dressing, bawling about climate change but taking a private plane across the Atlantic, sticking two fingers up to the Queen, and asking to function outside the BRF whilst still taking its money and UK taxpayer money.

by Anonymousreply 501March 18, 2019 7:10 PM

R498 One is also rather fond of the term too.

"In the months running up to his father’s death, Edward had flaunted his attachment to this plain but fascinating American. His family was used to his mistresses, but this was different. Edward’s mother, Queen Mary, denounced Mrs Simpson as "an adventuress..."

by Anonymousreply 502March 18, 2019 7:18 PM

You know, I've been a frequent contributor to these posts, often participating in a long conversation with just a couple of posts in between what I've just said and what I'm saying now. But I have never thanked myself for saying something and then said, "About time someone said it." Nor have I ever waited a few posts after something I've said and then posted in agreement with myself. I with this was something others would also avoid doing.

by Anonymousreply 503March 18, 2019 7:24 PM

Personally, I think you’re all insane...obsessing over royal families who would be happy to run you over with their Mercedes.

by Anonymousreply 504March 18, 2019 7:25 PM

Maybe so, r504, but it beats thinking about Trump, climate change, income disparity and on and on...

by Anonymousreply 505March 18, 2019 7:27 PM

R504 Land Rover, darling.

by Anonymousreply 506March 18, 2019 7:30 PM

As a regular contributor, I tend to agree R504. But in the UK, Markle & the pocket prince are hard to avoid. As are the “you’re racist if you don’t like her” knobs. It’s nice to have somewhere to come to have a little vent. But I am aware that if I were a busier person, I probably wouldn’t bother. Can’t say I’m obsessed though.

by Anonymousreply 507March 18, 2019 7:35 PM

R493 and R494. People's dislike of Meghan is not due to her race. It's because she's a social climber who has a documented history of using and dumping people. She LOVES the cameras, and doesn't read as genuine.

Bea's new (pale) boyfriend is getting the exact same treatment. They were papped walking together in NY, and in every pic he's looking at and gesturing towards the camera, smiling. If you read the top posts, people are accusing him of using Bea, and they're comparing him to you-know-who.

by Anonymousreply 508March 18, 2019 7:58 PM

R493 - For me, her mixed race is one of her better qualities so it's a plus. I had high hopes in the beginning that she would be a good addition to the Royal Family. Unfortunately, her character/personality, her conspicuous consumption, her inability or unwillingness to follow some simple guidelines, her merchandising, her disrespectful attitude towards the family which supports her etc...has considerably diminished my enthusiasm for her. She had such promise but she's squandered it in my opinion. She's not a team player. She's a rogue. Her delusions of grandeur, sense of entitlement, self-importance and - yes - arrogance will be her downfall.

by Anonymousreply 509March 18, 2019 8:06 PM

Dismissing MEghan's piss poor behavior with

[quote]MM has done nothing wrong but be a biracial divorcée.

is enough to make reason stare. Smirkle is all lip service and made up persona dressed in self-serving finery--no substance. Take, take, take. A do as I say not as I do bullshitter like that other human fool Trump.

by Anonymousreply 510March 18, 2019 8:14 PM

R508 I can't WAIT until Edoardo marries his way into the BRF! It'll be like the best ever stage production of 'Dirty Rotten Scoundrels'

by Anonymousreply 511March 18, 2019 8:23 PM

So the Duchess of Cambridge will be in a joint appearance with Her Majesty tomorrow at King's College. Anyone wanna place bets what type of pr will drop from MEghan's camp? Cuz you know it's coming...

by Anonymousreply 512March 18, 2019 8:26 PM

R390, agreed, this is all about Meghan and Harry doing exactly what they want (no more working royals - they set their own agenda under the umbrella of their own enterprise) and become global celebrities, while having the BRF pay for it.

by Anonymousreply 513March 18, 2019 8:29 PM

Fortunately the British Taxpayer may take a less benign view of this approach R513 - of course they are free to do what they like at their own expense. I am sure no-one will stop them.

by Anonymousreply 514March 18, 2019 8:33 PM

R508, one difference being Bea is seemingly good-natured and decently educated, while Harry is an asshole who buys into his own press. I myself am enjoying watching Harry think he's playing us - if he indeed still thinks that. I'd feel badly for Bea.

But, there is this in common - if Meghan were the paragon her PR claims she is, why in God's name would she want to marry Harry? He's not bright, he's spoiled, he's a rich loser, and he couldn't get anyone to marry him despite searching high, searching middle, searching lower middle, and searching trash bin. But this global superstar model-level beauty wanted to? Oooookay. I think Bea's boyfriend isn't nearly as good-looking as some pretend - he's only got one good angle, and in others he looks kind of gape-faced. But the fact is outside of the princess he's dating he doesn't seem to have dated anyone who looks like the princess he's dating.

by Anonymousreply 515March 18, 2019 8:36 PM

R505 R506 - Hear Hear!

by Anonymousreply 516March 18, 2019 8:37 PM

Maybe Bea’s boyfriend and La Markle will run off together in a few years. They do seem like soul mates.

by Anonymousreply 517March 18, 2019 8:39 PM

that picture of beatrice and her boyfriend upthread is sad. bea looks so happy and radiant... and he's just smug. they'll get married because she's smitten with him and he's a shameless opportunist. then her heart will be broken (again) because he will continue to be the scoundrel he's proven he is, casting bea aside just like he did with his baby mama while taking advantage of all the privilege bea's bestowed on him. i mean... she's done nothing to deserve anyone's admiration or respect but she hasn't done anything terrible enough to deserve this. he's such a user.

by Anonymousreply 518March 18, 2019 8:39 PM

Poor Bea has got "victim" written all over her open, trusting face. Spending 10 years with a guy who wouldn't propose marriage...nearly all her 20s.

by Anonymousreply 519March 18, 2019 8:57 PM

Beatrice has been given some of the best education that money can buy and has an enviable personal network. People have done more with a lot less. Nothing is stopping her from getting a real job and trying to build a career like a normal person. Bea seems to have sat around waiting to get married. She traipsed after Dave Clarke to the US, was crestfallen when the relationship ended and now she seems to be waiting to marry Edoardo. He would be a scoundrel if he breaks her heart, but she should have been less naive.

by Anonymousreply 520March 18, 2019 8:59 PM

r520

you are right about bea having a lot going for her... clearly in many ways she has been lucky, she has had great opportunities... but her life must have been pretty sheltered, too, in many other ways. i think that's why she is so easy to dupe and why she is naive. i don't think she's had the opportunity to really learn how to read peole... she's a princess and other people will probably always be at least a little bit dishonest with her to make a good impression and milk the prospective friendship.

by Anonymousreply 521March 18, 2019 9:06 PM

I am crying for the sheltered princess.

by Anonymousreply 522March 18, 2019 9:11 PM

i also think that this edoardo guy has already proven he's a scoundrel - the sheer disregard and disrespect with which he has treated his former fiancee (?) and their child is all the proof one needs. he will never be able to erase that blemish, no matter how nice he is to bea (which he won't be, i think).

by Anonymousreply 523March 18, 2019 9:12 PM

R521 Bea and her parents seem committed to using her status as a princess to marry men who would hardly give her the time of day if she were not the queen's granddaughter. That's on her. She is not the first plain-looking aristo woman in history. Nor is she even the only such in the extended family. Celia McQourdale happily walked down the aisle a few months ago. She is no fashion model and she seems to have made peace with that.

Bea is not an attractive woman and she has little wealth, relative to the cost of her lifestyle. Edoardo and Dave Clarke are solid 6s or7s at best. She is a 4 or maybe a 5. Why has she never dated anyone remotely in her league? Like her mother, Bea appears unable to cut her coat according to her cloth.

Her time would be better spent getting a real job and trying to build a real career even if she continues to seek a rich and or gorgeous man to marry. Her mother and Diana are all the cautionary tales she should need to learn that everyone should develop a backup plan.

by Anonymousreply 524March 18, 2019 9:37 PM

^^^^McCorquodale

by Anonymousreply 525March 18, 2019 9:40 PM

R524 - Hence my previously shot-down notion that instead of trying to be one of the jet-set, Bea should have looked for a nice old-fashioned country squire or even an earl amongst the old gentry with lots of land and animals, an old-fashioned sort who would appreciate her pedigree, her sweetness, her buxom figure, and her lovely skin, and a couple of times a year she can show up at BRF events wearing his coronet. She'd look much better in Wellies out at the paddock than she does in absurd clothing that make her look like a dumpy Eurotrash wannabee.

She's a pathetic fool trying it on with a lounge-lizard who only needs a handlebar moustache to twirl.

by Anonymousreply 526March 18, 2019 10:37 PM

What's the male equivalent of "adventuress"? Bea's BF needs a label. So far we've got:

Lounge lizard

Mountebank

Scoundrel

He reminds me of the Frank Langella character in Diary of a Mad Housewife (only not as tall and not as devastatingly handsome).

by Anonymousreply 527March 18, 2019 10:41 PM

i like the sound of lounge scoundrel

by Anonymousreply 528March 18, 2019 10:54 PM

or dead-beat lounge lizard. or smuggo.

by Anonymousreply 529March 18, 2019 10:59 PM

[quote] an old-fashioned sort who would appreciate her pedigree, her sweetness, her buxom figure, and her lovely skin, and a couple of times a year she can show up at BRF events wearing his coronet.

R526 has never met any men. No man, gay or straight, who isn't a serial killer, has ever married for lovely skin. Fuckable is what they're looking for.

by Anonymousreply 530March 18, 2019 11:01 PM

Yeah, but Bea's also a princess with big tits and a trust fund. I could see some ruddy-faced squire going for that.

by Anonymousreply 531March 18, 2019 11:35 PM

What 496 said and I write this as someone who knows damn good and well that if the DoS had not set one high-heeled foot wrong since the day she met PH and decided to take him by hook or by crook, she'd STILL have some haters who hate her because she's 1/2 African-American.

by Anonymousreply 532March 18, 2019 11:39 PM

What r496 said ^

by Anonymousreply 533March 18, 2019 11:40 PM

Interesting how R494 goes from MEghan has done nothing wrong to Kate has no soul.

by Anonymousreply 534March 19, 2019 12:04 AM

Bitch think she got game. SMDH

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 535March 19, 2019 12:09 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 536March 19, 2019 12:12 AM

R531 Princess just means Bea needs a security detail and she doesn't get any money from the Sovereign Grant to pay for it. She shares £3.6m with her sister and loves vacationing on yachts. Champagne taste with a Crémant de Loire budget.

Landed gentry with money can buy big breasts with a better face than Beatrice's.

by Anonymousreply 537March 19, 2019 12:14 AM

Shut up, Della. America may be groaning under the weight of racists, but the UK isn’t. If you are trying to say that some people hate her because of her black mother then you may as well go the whole hog and admit that some black people will hate her for her white father. The percentage is probably about the same.

The fact is...like it or fucking don’t, it’s still a fact...99.9% of those who dislike Markle do so because she’s a lying, greedy, showboating narcissist whose only talent in life is self-promotion and (probably) epic blow jobs.

by Anonymousreply 538March 19, 2019 1:00 AM

"...whose only talent in life is self-promotion and (probably) epic blow jobs."

Both, r538, are valuable skills. You seem to think those who develop them are worthy of scorn. Wrong. They're to be admired, IF wielded with shrewdness and subtlety; two skills, that apparently the DoS hasn't developed but I'll stay tuned to see if she does

I get it. You're invested with hating the DoS ( and I didn't infer you do so because she's 1/2 African American.) I'm not. I'm invested in seeing how she plays the hand of cards she's both asked for and drawn.

I recommend you -re-read r496, which, as I stated in my earlier post at r533, is right-on.

As for "Shut-up, Della", with the exception of this sentence , I'll pass over that with the bemused silence it deserves.

by Anonymousreply 539March 19, 2019 1:50 AM

R530 - Fuckable is what they look for in mistresses - wives are a different matter in that set.

Yeah, SOME people with no lives and no imagination would have hated Meghan for being mixed race even if she never put a foot wrong and they can go bemoan the end of the BRF's pure bloodlines with the boys on Stormfront.

But she HAS put more than a foot wrong and interested gossipy folk have a right to point that out and talk about it.

Because not a single chromosome of Meghan's DNA could possibly be as interesting as labels hanging off the hem of her clothes, her incredible pretentiousness, some of the outfits she's left the house in, that fucking OTT baby shower, showing up at the RAF's 100th birthday celebration dressed like a rich widow, and her delusions of grandeur in thinking the BRF would just let her and Harry go off and turn into a "brand" without any accountability to the people whose money would be funding their brand.

And to top it all off, she's just like his narcissistic, attention craving, Queen of People's Hearts Mum - yes, him Mum, with her alabaster skin, large blue eyes, fantastic legs, and blonde hair.

That's what's so incredibly juicy about it all - Sigmund Freud would be having a blast.

by Anonymousreply 540March 19, 2019 1:55 AM

Does anyone want to hasten a guess as to what happened to Meghan's beagle Guy. Is he still around and we just don't see him? Asking because Lainey today seemed to lay into W&K by asking where their dog Lupo has been, since he hasn't been photographed with them in a while. Well, where are BOTH dogs?

by Anonymousreply 541March 19, 2019 2:00 AM

They are at a farm in the country, happily fucking either other.

by Anonymousreply 542March 19, 2019 2:01 AM

R539 - Come on , Della - self-promotion has its uses, but not when it takes the place of an authentic persona, and not when it tries to make victims of other people. Harry was just a mark to Meghan. Meghan exhibits the persona of someone in whom self-promotion has replaced the self. Her shallow pretentious easy claptrap, her ridiculous clothes . . . she's a massive hypocrite taking the BRF and the UK taxpayer for a ride.

There's an old Nordic saying: a sharp weapon is ever a danger to the hand that wields it.

Meghan doesn't know when to stop. Knowing when to stop is a useful skill, too. Having pulled off a marital coup that would have satisfied another woman, instead of relaxing into it and showing some gratitude to the peoople who gave her what she's wanted all her life, Meghan sticks two fingers up to them and pushes forward, unable to hide her voracious appetite for MORE!

In Megnah, the useful skill turns into pathology.

by Anonymousreply 543March 19, 2019 2:02 AM

Agreed, r540

But, damn if she hasn't kept my attention. She's a real-life supporting player whose story line keeps the whole soap-opera afloat.

by Anonymousreply 544March 19, 2019 2:05 AM

Forgot to add at r544-

But that's not to suggest the DoS keeps the BRF afloat. Good Lord, no. They'll make small work of her if it becomes necessary. I meant she keeps the current drama afloat.

by Anonymousreply 545March 19, 2019 2:10 AM

R538, I couldn't agree more. Bravo.

by Anonymousreply 546March 19, 2019 2:20 AM

No, I don’t think self-promotion is a particularly admirable trait. It’s useful if you have a particular talent to share, but Markle doesn’t. She thinks she’s enough...and such people are generally selfish and unpleasant.

Being epic at blow jobs is fine...but when you use this “skill” to land a famous moron with lots of money and then expect people to respect you for it, then it’s not something I find especially worthy either.

No, I am not “invested in hating Markle” (to give her her actual name and not the one she doesn’t yet have by right)/- if I am invested in hating anyone who keeps reducing the opinions of others down to “racism” in a spiteful and undue attempt to appear morally superior themselves.

Do you not think that there were more than a few racists around who hated Idris Elba being voted Sexiest Man in the World? Bet there were...but we don’t keep fucking hearing about them because it wasn’t the overwhelming, prevailing thought.

And it isn’t with Markle.

So take your irritating, virtue-signalling bullshit and fuck off, please.

Oh...and I am sorry you chose to ignore any part of my previous post so let me repeat...SHUT THE FUCK UP, DELLA.

by Anonymousreply 547March 19, 2019 2:25 AM

Most of the time, I tend to agree with Della. We're sort of kindred souls. But one thing I will disagree about. I've posted this before, I think in one of the older threads. I had read that Meghan was mixed race or biracial. I had no idea what that was about, until I saw a photo of Meghan and Doria at the Invictus Games. It was only then that it sank in. And I thought "wow, this is going to be tough". But I never really thought much about her racial background. I'm a white guy, with a black BF of 35 years. I mean, I guess her racial heritage bothers some people, but how many people like that are there? Both the US and the UK seem to have plenty of mixed raced couples, living happily and minding their own business. My next-door neighbors are a mixed race couple, and they're sweet as can be.

Anyway, I was hoping for the best for Meghan, to be honest. I watched the wedding with DL for company, and I got misty-eyed. I really wasn't expecting the debacle that she's delivered.

by Anonymousreply 548March 19, 2019 2:26 AM

*if I am invested in hating anyone it’s those who keep reducing....”

by Anonymousreply 549March 19, 2019 2:29 AM

r547, marry me. Lol.

by Anonymousreply 550March 19, 2019 2:33 AM

r548, Smooches, Doll.

I never wrote anywhere that ALL criticism of the DoS is because the criticizer is bigoted. I didn't write that because I know that's not correct. I've always consistently sated that SOME of it is.

I totally agree with your words: "Anyway, I was hoping for the best for Meghan, to be honest. I watched the wedding with DL for company, and I got misty-eyed. I really wasn't expecting the debacle that she's delivered."

by Anonymousreply 551March 19, 2019 2:36 AM

Your patience with our more unhinged posters is impressive, Della. (Are they typing drunk?) I don't always agree with you, either, but I appreciate your well-composed comments on these threads.

R526, I'm a bit late to the party, but this entire post is genius, not to mention delightfully worded. Can we send it to poor Bea in the form of an emergency telegram? The people who love her should have been steering her in this direction from the beginning. I agree that her jolly, healthy looks could be appealing to the sort of man that you describe, and that pedigree and compatible values/interests matter vastly more in such a marriage than Kardashian fuckability.

Furthermore, "fuckable" is in the eye of the beholder: Zara doesn't fit the contemporary model of feminine beauty, but she's a hearty and handsome woman, and Mike Tindall seems to be rolling her in the hay with enthusiasm.

by Anonymousreply 552March 19, 2019 4:00 AM

[quote] Fuckable is what they look for in mistresses - wives are a different matter in that set.

If that were true Bea wouldn't have had such trouble finding a match. I think she is neither rich enough nor conventionally attractive and she doesn't bring anything that a rich landed aristocrat needs or desires.

[quote] a nice old-fashioned country squire or even an earl amongst the old gentry with lots of land and animals, an old-fashioned sort who would appreciate her pedigree

To R552's point, I can't believe this must be stated on DL, Zara is much more conventionally attractive than Bea. Besides, Mike wasn't in the old fashioned category at all. He has no land or title. He is a top athlete and so is she. Celia McCorquodale's husband is in horse racing but not landed gentry either.

To return to my original position at R520, IMO Bea isn't a tragic figure at risk of having her heart broken by a scoundrel. This isn't 1700. Other women in a similar position, like Celia or Zara, have made different choices. Bea is a woman who has had the privilege of a top quality education and then chosen to avoid gainful employment while she tries to marry a rich and or hot guy. She may have found that in Mozzi, but it's doubtful that fidelity and happiness will be part of the package. It may be enough for her and I wish her the best of luck.

by Anonymousreply 553March 19, 2019 6:05 AM

Oh, I like her face, R485. Quiet dignity, indeed, and a little melancholy, too. She was pretty.

by Anonymousreply 554March 19, 2019 7:02 AM

My belief is that Me isn't bothering to assimilate or learn (about the BRF) because she has no intention of sticking around. She's just there to collect whatever she can, be it a title, or money, or connections, and then she'll be on her way. That's how grifters operate. Whether she'll take no-lips with her is the question.

by Anonymousreply 555March 19, 2019 7:09 AM

Even if MM's only around temporarily, I would think it would be a lot easier for her if she hadn't been, and continues to be, so provocative. She's lost nearly all the initial goodwill she had. What's so hard about dressing correctly and following some very simple rules related to protocol?

by Anonymousreply 556March 19, 2019 7:30 AM

Even if Prince Dum-Dum was only ever meant to be a stepping stone to the real Mr. Right, MM could have managed the situation a lot more gracefully. Just as Fergie will forever be remembered for having her toes sucked and getting caught trying to sell access to Andrew, MM's current reputation and public condemnation will remain in people's memories, just as all the photos and things written about her will remain on the internet.

by Anonymousreply 557March 19, 2019 8:03 AM

r541 There are two unpleasant rumours about Guy - 1) The dog was unsupervised and got hit by a car in the grounds of KP and had to be put down. 2) Harry attacked the dog and it had to be put down. Both are unpleasant but the latter paints Harry and MeMe in an awful light.

by Anonymousreply 558March 19, 2019 10:02 AM

WHAAAAAT??? Surely you jest! Harry attacked the dog?!

by Anonymousreply 559March 19, 2019 10:05 AM

I just don.t know If Harry would do such thing . On the other hand he is agressive I read here on the threads . I don.t know If its true . One thing I know now is If he didn’t married MM we wouldn’t know that he is moody is agressive arrogant and sulky narcissistic alcoholic and a drug user and he is mentaly ill . I think he will need a good schrink after the divorce . 😏

by Anonymousreply 560March 19, 2019 11:59 AM

You know who MM reminds me of that is Veda from Mildred Pierce . A narcissistic streber who wants everything and will do everything to succeed .

by Anonymousreply 561March 19, 2019 12:14 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 562March 19, 2019 12:15 PM

Pink and grey. What a classic combo. They look wonderful together.

by Anonymousreply 563March 19, 2019 12:17 PM

It's a happy day to see them together.

by Anonymousreply 564March 19, 2019 12:31 PM

I like Elizabeth's outfit better.

by Anonymousreply 565March 19, 2019 12:33 PM

Love that gorgeous fucking State Bentley. Just run me over ma’am!

by Anonymousreply 566March 19, 2019 12:38 PM

They both look really good. I love Kate's flippy little skirts and black tights. The Queen is quite stooped, but she looks adorable.

And yeah, the BRF has impressive automobiles. I've thought that before!

by Anonymousreply 567March 19, 2019 12:47 PM

It is really amazing how Kate gets it right on these occasions. This coat-dress is perfection.

by Anonymousreply 568March 19, 2019 12:51 PM

Rebecca English is teasing us on Twitter!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 569March 19, 2019 12:51 PM

Kate gray outfit with Her Majesty's pink is perfect.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 570March 19, 2019 1:29 PM

I love this photo. I'll caption it: "Is it time to come out now?"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 571March 19, 2019 1:28 PM

From Duchess Dolittle to Duchess Do-Right.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 572March 19, 2019 1:29 PM

"The Duchess of Cambridge has become Patron of the Foundling Museum. The new patronage has been announced ahead of her visit there later today where she will learn how the organisation works with art and artists to transform the lives of vulnerable & marginalised young people" But I doubt that was the tea spitting news.

by Anonymousreply 573March 19, 2019 1:30 PM

The Queen is so small and getting smaller.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 574March 19, 2019 1:30 PM

If the Palace tells you to wear a hat and hosiery when on a jaunt with The Queen, then you goddam wear them. Are you listening, Sparkle?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 575March 19, 2019 1:33 PM

I'm sure MeMe is ghashing her teeth at seeing the Queen and the Future Queen looking so lovely together after getting her hands slapped by Her Majesty and the Prince of Wales about an independent Sussex "brand" of philanthropyand independent PR team, and the imminent move to the dullness of Windsor from the excitement of London. Not to mention the sweet new patronage for Kate. And I assume it is now fairly obvious the Sussex baby isn't getting an HRH from the Queen, or the Letters Patent would have been issued by now. I noticed that TQ didn't so much as look at the Sussexes behind her at the Tindall christening, and H&M looked distinctly glum.

Overreach - the downfall of narcissists everywhere. All Meghan has managed to do in her first year of marriage is piss off the Queen,alienate the future Prince and Princess of Wales, make clear to the next King that he indulges MeMe at his own and the BRF's peril, get herself booted out of London, deprive her kid of an HRH, and make Kate look like the Perfect English Princess.

by Anonymousreply 576March 19, 2019 1:38 PM

Love Kate, love the Queen. I have a minor quibble, though, with a certain look all these young female royals go for, which is long hair with a little beret or fascinator plunked on top at an angle. It just looks wrong to my eye, out of proportion somehow. I want to change the hat or cut the hair. I liked when Kate had her hair a little shorter a year or two ago; she should cut it, coming up on 40, but she probably wants to flaunt her good hair in front of her sister-in-law.

As far as "hating Meghan," I don't at all! I view her as an exciting nighttime soap opera vixen, introduced to the cast to spice things up, like Joan Collins. The only downside to her being mixed race is the fights people have about it. I love "adventuress," such a fabulous word, putting her right up there in the pantheon with Becky Sharp, Eve Harrington, Ann Grenville....other great literary/movie adventuresses I can't think of right now. I'm fascinated by people who marry way up, it's such an impressive feat in a way.

I'm also quite excited about Eddo, the Scoundrel! Why do people think Bea being a Princess is no big deal? You marry into royalty, the best royalty, it's so rare. You get to be a little famous, if that's your thing. You get to go to family gatherings with the Queen of fucking England and future Kings. You have access to the most powerful people. Actually, with Bea you wouldn't even have to work that hard on duties, you can be relatively private and have a cushy life. Heck, I'd do it.

by Anonymousreply 577March 19, 2019 1:56 PM

Here is how unreliable the media are today: the DT has it up that this is the first duo outing by Kate and the Queen, when in fact, it is their third. The DT journo, Hannah Furness, has in the past printed sloppily researched stuff on the royals. Kate and the Queen travelled alone together twice in 2012, once to a children's sporting event in Vernon Park, Nottingham, and once to Leicester. Both Celebitchy and the DT, both of which are solidly in Meghan Markle's corner, are trying to make it look like the Queen is doing this to offset the HUGE POPULARITY of Meghan and score some points for Kate, and both describe it (although Kaiser on CB says she "seems to remember" vaguely that one might have occurred in 2012) as Kate's "first" and to make a HUGE DEAL out of the fact that the Queen did a solo event with Meghan after fewer months of "duchessing" than the Queen did with Kate.

The DT and CB are doggedly staying on the wrong side of history, despite the fact that recent events clearly demonstrate that the Queen and Charles have told the Sussexes to sod off and behave.

by Anonymousreply 578March 19, 2019 2:02 PM

As evidenced by this video, Kate didn't have to ask who should get in the car first. Even a half wit should know that answer. It's just common sense. I don't think the Queen will be doing too many more walkabouts. Age has slowed her down.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 579March 19, 2019 2:03 PM

The Queen with Kate in Leicester in 2012.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 580March 19, 2019 2:05 PM

Here's another event at which the Queen and Kate appeared together.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 581March 19, 2019 2:10 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 582March 19, 2019 2:12 PM

R582 I like how Kate's hair is done here, with a chunk of the front pulled and pinned back. So much better than locks hanging straight down. You can see the earrings better, too.

by Anonymousreply 583March 19, 2019 2:14 PM

Neither Kate nor Meghan are classic beauties by any stretch of the imagination. Only Princess Grace was.

by Anonymousreply 584March 19, 2019 2:17 PM

R579, It's touching to see the "two Queens" (yes, yes, I know - one is merely the future consort). Love how somebody hollers, "God Save the Queen!"

by Anonymousreply 585March 19, 2019 2:17 PM

Kate always gets it right. The Queen looks beautiful and happy.

by Anonymousreply 586March 19, 2019 2:22 PM

There’s nothing “mere” about being a Queen Consort. Most Queens in history have been. Only a very few have been regnant.

Kate will be the actual Queen - she’ll be crowned and everything.

by Anonymousreply 587March 19, 2019 2:23 PM

R587, hear hear! I agree. Was just trying to stave off "correctors."

by Anonymousreply 588March 19, 2019 2:27 PM

This is filling up fast so here is Part 30 to use when this thread reaches 600 posts.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 589March 19, 2019 2:29 PM

If Harry likes peen, it's because he's bi, not gay. He never had a gayface. No gayface, not gay.

by Anonymousreply 590March 19, 2019 2:30 PM

R577 I noticed Kate's hair looked longer, out of proportion with the lovely jaunty hat, but I have a theory about it, and it makes sense. She hadn't had her big bouncy blow dry, which shortens length as much as it gives height, fullness, and width. I'm guessing she didn't go for an intricate french bun, or lower slung up do, as it was very soon after similar on St, Patrick's Day. And I believe hat she has another engagement later? Maybe clean and natural was the order of the day/morning. I still think she looked delightful, and complimented the Queen in her chosen outfit. Maybe we will see a big bouncy do, later, and you will see how the length looks drastically different.

by Anonymousreply 591March 19, 2019 2:30 PM

Kate looks good today.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 592March 19, 2019 2:32 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 593March 19, 2019 2:31 PM

The Queen looks like she has osteoporosis.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 594March 19, 2019 2:33 PM

Her Majesty is passing her gauntlet. An Kate is right there to except.Poor Camilla,she is probably somewhere trying to get her PR friends to release more Meghan hit stories.To deflect from the fact that her Majesty hates her.

An i notice they are all loving tweeds lately.Is that in fashion in England lately.It looks so ....dull Thank good Queen Elizabeth II decided to add a dash of color.Wonder if Cam will follow suit with her Bermuda tour snaps.

by Anonymousreply 595March 19, 2019 2:34 PM

Jumping ahead, do we suppose when Will takes the throne, will people generally (not officially) call her "Queen Kate" or "Queen Catherine"? Or will there still be some who refer to her as "Kate Middleton." She'll be a wonderful Queen, in any case. I can't wait, honestly, hope I'm around when it happens.

by Anonymousreply 596March 19, 2019 2:33 PM

Nice flowers.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 597March 19, 2019 2:34 PM

The pink and grey are lovely together. The grey is dignified and discreet, rightly allows lets the Queen's pretty shade to shine visually.

I wonder who helps to advise Kate on dress - Carole? A stylist? I'd love to hear those discussions ahead of a public appearance.

by Anonymousreply 598March 19, 2019 2:37 PM

The poll results: over 23% think that Harry and Meghans marriage will only last 2-4 years.

by Anonymousreply 599March 19, 2019 2:38 PM

Not very optimistic.

by Anonymousreply 600March 19, 2019 2:39 PM

I agree R594, my mother has it. Wedge fractures of the spine cause the height loss, and " hump" shape at the top of the spine. Some fractures can be painful, others not so, depending how active a person is. And of cause, OP can occur at any stage in life, it's not just a condition reserved for the elder;ly. It just becomes more apparent in the elderly, as bone density decreases so much.

by Anonymousreply 601March 19, 2019 2:40 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 602March 19, 2019 3:44 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!