Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Avengers: Endgame

Bookmark this: This is going to be the biggest movie of all fucking time.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 601April 28, 2019 1:39 PM

I fail to see why the last movie's cliffhanger was supposed to be very scary. The Infinity Gauntlet is supposed to confer omnipotence, so it should be able to restore all the people it killed.

by Anonymousreply 1March 15, 2019 6:53 AM

End of an era. I'm going to miss Chris Evans in his tight Captain America universe almost as much as I'll miss Chris Hemworth's giant titty muscles.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2March 15, 2019 8:19 AM

^ tight Captain America *uniform*

by Anonymousreply 3March 15, 2019 8:29 AM

It’s a little lazy that they show Nebula and Tony back with the team. We’re not supposed to know whether they make it off that ship 🙄

Hawkeye and BW both seems to be having hair issues.

I guess we can assume that they will use a time vortex in the quantum realm to go back and stop Thanos. Maybe Marvel will be the secret weapon to kicking his ass and taking/destroying the gauntlet. And how will we get our big sacrifice (assumed to be Cap)? Maybe he has to stay behind and fight Thanos in the quantum realm...

Or there are theories that the dusted people exist in the soul stone, and can be freed.

Or we could get the predictable twist that the current Avengers are actually the ones that Thanos killed.

So exciting! My penis is so hard!

by Anonymousreply 4March 15, 2019 9:03 AM

Quite big tits

by Anonymousreply 5March 15, 2019 11:11 AM

[quote]Bookmark this: This is going to be the biggest movie of all fucking time.

Bookmark this: The sun is going to rise tommorow

by Anonymousreply 6March 15, 2019 12:00 PM

cant see a thing that old closet case Downey is in.....fug

by Anonymousreply 7March 15, 2019 12:38 PM

The pretty-faced, likeable, interesting version of Pietro Maximoff/Quicksilver as played by Aaron Taylor-Johnson is dead & gone in this canon, and he was the only 'Avenger' (was he even that?) about whom I gave a single fuck.

So unless they bring him back from the graveyard ENDGAME is, aptly, where I end my interest.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8March 15, 2019 3:02 PM

Good one, R8! I love ATJ!

And while they're at it, could they bring back Eric Bana as the hulk? Go, go, Gauntlet, go!

by Anonymousreply 9March 15, 2019 3:09 PM

Isn’t Downey like 60?

Ridiculous.

by Anonymousreply 10March 15, 2019 3:11 PM

R10 He's 53

by Anonymousreply 11March 15, 2019 3:22 PM

Doesn't Evan Peters play Quicksilver in the X-Men films?? I thought that was why they killed AJT off in Avengers Ultron.

by Anonymousreply 12March 15, 2019 3:35 PM

With Disney acquiring Fox it is possible for AJT-Quicksilver to be resurrected.

by Anonymousreply 13March 15, 2019 3:39 PM

ATJ was killed off based on an agreement made with FOX. They let FOX keep the character if they can use him once. His purpose was to push Wanda’s story. She’s who they wanted.

ATJ was signed onto multiple film deal so he can easily come back

by Anonymousreply 14March 15, 2019 4:11 PM

They are bringing back AJT. He is listed on the film's credits.

by Anonymousreply 15March 15, 2019 4:21 PM

[quote] Bookmark this: This is going to be the biggest movie of all fucking time.

I WILL bookmark that, Marvel Entertainment Shill! I will bookmark that RIGHT NOW!!!

by Anonymousreply 16March 15, 2019 4:21 PM

Wait, WHAT R15?

Before you get all of us in a tizzy, are we certain that AT-J doesn't just feature in a flashback capacity, i.e. in shots taken from AGE OF ULTRON and repurposed because Hawkeye or whoever is having a Feeling in one scene?

by Anonymousreply 17March 15, 2019 5:09 PM

Is it bad that i didn't miss Hawkeye at all in part one??

by Anonymousreply 18March 15, 2019 5:11 PM

No he is near useless in a big battle. But maybe they've amped up his abilities for the next one.

by Anonymousreply 19March 15, 2019 5:16 PM

Can this please be the actual endgame?

by Anonymousreply 20March 15, 2019 5:18 PM

No there are plenty more films to follow

by Anonymousreply 21March 15, 2019 5:18 PM

Wait ,some of them gonna die?

by Anonymousreply 22March 15, 2019 5:35 PM

Lmao I don’t think anyone cares about Hawkeye. And who they cast is a big reason for this.

Hawkeye should be played by a tall, lean, blond model looking guy. Not Renner.

by Anonymousreply 23March 15, 2019 5:36 PM

[quote] Hawkeye is near useless in a big battle. But maybe they've amped up his abilities for the next one.

SPOILER ALERT: from what I hear, following a personal tragedy Barton darksides and takes on the mantle of 'Ronin' (not 'Hawkeye') in ENDGAME, much like Jason Todd became 'Red Hood' when he went rogue.

And yes, he is physically entirely wrong for the part as R23 points out, much like Topher Grace was as 'Venom' in SPIDERMAN III. Still, casting-to-model off comic-book pages isn't always the best approach if you want decent acting in your superhero flick. I don't even dislike Renner in these movies; imo he gives more of a watchable performance than bland Evans, or one-note Jnr, or wangsty Sebastian Stan.

by Anonymousreply 24March 15, 2019 7:28 PM

I disagree R24. Renner has no screen presence. He’s not a star, no matter how much they want him to be.

He fades into the background easily.

by Anonymousreply 25March 15, 2019 7:31 PM

Nowhere is Aaron Taylor Johnson credited for Endgame.

by Anonymousreply 26March 16, 2019 4:31 AM

^^yep, there’s the clincher. Not watching this movie in that case, either.

The rest of the characters are so played out, not entertaining or vigorous, and frankly look exhausted. Maybe Scarlet Witch is ok.

by Anonymousreply 27March 16, 2019 9:58 AM

Means nothing. They didn't credit Henry Cavill in Justice League until the movie was released. So there's that.

by Anonymousreply 28March 16, 2019 10:03 AM

Everyone knew Superman would return due to the last shot of Batman v Superman. Quicksilver was a profoundly inconsequential character compared to Superman.

by Anonymousreply 29March 16, 2019 10:16 AM

I was riveted by AT-J's wooden performance as Vronsky in "Anna Karenina". (It just now occurs to me that "Captain Marvel"'s Jude Law is also in AK as Alexei Alexandrovich Karenin.) I took AT-J's lack of acting talent as actually a benefit to his portrayal of Vronsky.

AK was widely panned, but, I loved it.

Anyway, in "Endgame" I think Nebula will die in the midst of performing a universe saving act, Gamora is resurrected and she and Star Lord go on to have a set of homely little Guardians.

by Anonymousreply 30March 16, 2019 11:12 AM

Hooray for movies made for emotional retards!

by Anonymousreply 31March 16, 2019 11:31 AM

did downey relapse? looks so bad.....2 paks a day will do it to ya......very sad

by Anonymousreply 32March 16, 2019 11:53 AM

Any Marvel cast gossip?

by Anonymousreply 33March 19, 2019 1:12 AM

When are the tickets being sold?

Renner is better as a supporting actor like in The Town. He deserved the Oscar for that role.

by Anonymousreply 34March 19, 2019 2:11 AM

I had to sign up for an email alert, r34.

by Anonymousreply 35March 19, 2019 2:11 AM

Runtime: 3 hours 2 minutes.

Fucking hell.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36March 26, 2019 12:32 AM

Infinity War was already pretty long, that's only about 20 minutes longer

by Anonymousreply 37March 26, 2019 12:36 AM

That "only" is the difference between pissing yourself and not pissing yourself in public. Expect adult diaper stock to surge on this news.

by Anonymousreply 38March 26, 2019 12:38 AM

[Quote] Runtime: 3 hours 2 minutes. Fucking hell.

Jesus, i'm not going to be able to drink anything the whole day lol

by Anonymousreply 39March 26, 2019 12:40 AM

[quote]That "only" is the difference between pissing yourself and not pissing yourself in public.

Just piss in your drink cup.

by Anonymousreply 40March 26, 2019 12:45 AM

Did anyone get tickets?

by Anonymousreply 41April 2, 2019 9:35 PM

are these shit shows released EVERY FUCKING MONTH now?? As a non-retard moviegoer i feel oppressed by this endless comics crap

by Anonymousreply 42April 2, 2019 9:39 PM

This "retard" just got my ticket for April 25th, 2019.

by Anonymousreply 43April 2, 2019 11:33 PM

I can't believe adults like this repetitive mediocrity. These are stupid movies made for stupid people.

by Anonymousreply 44April 2, 2019 11:39 PM

Please kill off every fucking superhero in history, forever, so there are no more of these fucking tedious movies.

by Anonymousreply 45April 3, 2019 4:07 AM

People over the age of 20 who obssess over comic book films freak the shit out of me.

by Anonymousreply 46April 3, 2019 11:20 AM

That's ok, r46. I get it. I didn't think I would ever be a Marvel fan either.

I entertain the deepest respect for skillful, well-written, "important", main-stream pop film.

Here's the thing. I work at a job that I like very much. I have no complaints about it and I'm lucky to have it. It's, however, mentally and emotionally draining. I deal with situations involving child neglect, abuse,; human beings at their worst, and, in some instances, at their best.

The last thing I want when I go to the cinema, therefore, is a drama, no matter how well produced it is.

I just want well-made, big, budget, low-brow schlock.

by Anonymousreply 47April 3, 2019 12:17 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 48April 3, 2019 2:10 PM

There has been an appetite for these fun, blockbuster movies since Jaws and Star Wars. The MCU has figured out how to pump out these movies very successfully. It's almost like a TV show the way people are waiting for the next chapter.

by Anonymousreply 49April 3, 2019 2:16 PM

and now the fucking Joker! But this one looks oh-so-deep, with notorious nut case Joaquin Phoenix. Fuck them all!

by Anonymousreply 50April 3, 2019 3:52 PM

I'll watch it on HBO.

by Anonymousreply 51April 3, 2019 3:58 PM

How old are you? Does your mommy know you're visiting a lounge?

by Anonymousreply 52April 3, 2019 4:00 PM

I agree with you, R49, but at what point will the movie going public become fatigued by the endless superhero CGI messes? I loved comic books when I was a kid and read many of them, so I know a lot of the storylines well. At first, it was kind of fun to see them done as movies. Now it's an endless parade of them. Sometimes there are takes on comic book characters that still work (e.g., Wonder Woman, Black Panther), but most of them are just the same thing over and over. The CGI battle scenes are the worst. I'm just tired of that stuff.

Doesn't matter what I think, though. The studios have hit pay dirt, and until the movie going public moves on, this is what we get. Ugh.

by Anonymousreply 53April 3, 2019 5:10 PM

[quote]The MCU has figured out how to pump out these movies very successfully.

Ironic, since Marvel can't figure out how to revive the dying comics medium.

by Anonymousreply 54April 3, 2019 5:14 PM

This thread and all the ‘squeeeeeee!’ would seem to prove DL isn’t solely the preserve of Eldergays.

by Anonymousreply 55April 3, 2019 5:23 PM

It ain't X2 and it won't be as good, so it may as well not exist. Good night, good luck, the end.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 56April 3, 2019 6:05 PM

R8 we holding that grudge so close it turns into a sword

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 57April 3, 2019 10:31 PM

[Quote] but at what point will the movie going public become fatigued by the endless superhero CGI messes?

They'll probably just churn out even more tv shows.

[Quote] Sometimes there are takes on comic book characters that still work (e.g., Wonder Woman, Black Panther),

That's because WW only had one tv show before. And Black Panther has never been done combined with a lack of poc superheroes.

by Anonymousreply 58April 4, 2019 7:19 AM

Aaron Taylor Johnson has not been missed from the MCU.

by Anonymousreply 59April 4, 2019 7:22 AM

R58 BLLAAAAAAADDDEE. I miss Blade. Even that series on the CW which I would enjoy wild-smacked.

I would like Spawn to remain unfucked-with but of course that won't happen. Fan-films are doing a better job rn, though that HBO animated miniseries was perfectly respectable and idk why more people haven't seen it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 60April 4, 2019 7:44 AM

R60 It's funny that I thought Jill Wagner was the highlight of that show. But it's sad that I keep forgetting about Spawn. If they do another Spawn movie, at least the cgi won't suck.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 61April 4, 2019 10:30 AM

Mark Ruffalo was so hot in YOU CAN COUNT ON ME. He looks like he’s sniffing farts in this trailer. I’m starting to hate him.

by Anonymousreply 62April 4, 2019 10:52 AM

Mark's still attractive. Comparing him to his younger self is unfair.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 63April 4, 2019 11:04 AM

I can't look at him the same way ever since i saw this scene......

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 64April 4, 2019 2:30 PM

R53..

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 65April 7, 2019 8:57 PM

R65 lol

by Anonymousreply 66April 8, 2019 4:47 AM

any major spoilers been leaked yet?

by Anonymousreply 67April 22, 2019 8:36 PM

Why did people enjoy part 1? I don't get it. It had nearly zero actual entertainment value.

by Anonymousreply 68April 22, 2019 8:39 PM

R68 Because Loki played a big part in the first Avengers.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 69April 22, 2019 11:13 PM

If there's no Emma, I'm not interested.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 70April 22, 2019 11:36 PM

Well ... I just watch two reviews of this movie, and both literally were foaming at the mouth about how good this movie is.

I will say both reviewers are partial to comic book movies, but both have given negative reviews to them as well, so I am trusting their judgement. This is gonna be good. I now wish I had got Thursday/Friday tickets instead of Saturday.

by Anonymousreply 71April 23, 2019 10:58 PM

Fake hype... any comments section on an article about this are 100% fawning, no other topic gets that. Beyond being corporate crap, the movies are basically infomercials for the Department of Defense which reviews and revises the scripts.

by Anonymousreply 72April 24, 2019 1:42 AM

So R72 ...

I’m rethinking my view of the anti-smoking troll at this point. You may be the more bat shit crazy one. Still on the fence.

by Anonymousreply 73April 24, 2019 1:55 AM

I got a ticket for Thursday night at 6pm, right after work. I'm lucky because I can walk to the theater after work. But all the other yahoos have to deal with parking HELL that night and it will not be fun.

by Anonymousreply 74April 24, 2019 2:09 AM

I am going Friday morning. Took off work to go

by Anonymousreply 75April 24, 2019 2:10 AM

this is kind of wtf

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 76April 24, 2019 9:59 PM

No one is buying Endgame tickets for $2,000. You could fly from NYC to any small town on the east coast, stay in a nice hotel, see the movie, and still have $1000 left over.

by Anonymousreply 77April 24, 2019 10:13 PM

Watched a cam version just now. Fun but overly talky, the way these Marvel movies always are. I could do with non-stop action, but that's just me. A couple of nice Fuck Yeah! moments in there. I'm excited for what the new era brings.

[SPOILER]

My favourite MCU character makes a guest appearance and she's more radiant than ever! A true Norse goddess.

by Anonymousreply 78April 24, 2019 10:35 PM

Capt Marvel saves Tony and Nebula and brings them to Earth. She goes with all the Avengers to get the stones and reverse the snap, but he already destroyed them so Thor decapitates him out of anger. 5 years later A RAT accidentally flips the switch on Ant Man;s machine and brings him back from quantum realm, for him only a few hours passed. He joins Avengers and along with Tony and Hulk they use QR to create a time machine, they go to 3 different periods to retrieve the stones: Battle of New Yoirk ( they get the Mind Stone but Loki escapes with Tesseract so Tony and Cap go back to 1970 to steal it from SHIELD lab where Howard Stark worked, Hulk convinces Tilda Swinton to give him the Time stone after telling her Strange gave it up willingly), The Space in 2014 ( Natasha sacrifices herself for the Soul Stone instead of Hawkeye, Rhodey gets the Power Stone and returns but Nebula gets stuck because her memory file gets read by Thanos, old Nebula and Gamora , they know the future and send old Nebula to 2019 instead), Asgard in 2013 (Thor gets last talk with his mother, Rocket extracts Reality Stone from Portman's body), they all come back, build another glove, Hulk snaps and brings all dusted back (they don't return there immediately) old Nebula brings old Thanos and his army through the time machine and all hell breaks lose, however old Gamora and new Nebula team up and kill the 2014 one, the fight seems hopeless for the heroes but Strange opens dozens of portals and all dusted from the past including armies of Asgard, Wakanda and Wong's sorcereres come back and join the fight, Carol destroys Thanos ship and attempts to bring the gauntlet to Ant Man and Wasp so they could return the stones to past realities, but Thanos assaults her with Power Stone. Tony throws himself at him but Thanos wins and snaps again but Tony somehow stole the stones and attached them to his Iron Man suit so he makes the final snap killing Thanos and his army however it's too much for his body and later dies. There is a funeral, and at the end Steve returns the Stones to the past but he comes back being a Grandpa because decided to live his life and have a family with Peggy in the past, he will die soon, so he passes his shield to Sam (Falcon). THE END

by Anonymousreply 79April 25, 2019 1:19 PM

I'll wait for the dollar theatre or in about 2 wks, catch the earliest showing while kids are in school. I don't know any of their backstories and hardly remember the first two.

by Anonymousreply 80April 25, 2019 1:25 PM

I forgot to say Thor decapites Thanos obviously and the beginning, and later they return old Nebula to 2024 not 2019, as I wrote above.

by Anonymousreply 81April 25, 2019 1:26 PM

As America quietly transitions from a superpower to a vassal state up for grabs, its man-children bask in fantasies of neverending cosmic wars.

by Anonymousreply 82April 25, 2019 1:37 PM

Big movie studios, video games and the whole online gaming thing is kinda scary. How much it consumes the youth and adults. Used to be fun. Last video game I played was in 8th grade. I got mad at the game and threw the controller at the console breaking it. That was it, thank goodness.

by Anonymousreply 83April 25, 2019 1:51 PM

[quote]This is going to be the biggest movie of all fucking time.

Yes, until next year’s blockbuster. Movie prices keep going up, so the “biggest movie” keeps changing.

by Anonymousreply 84April 25, 2019 1:53 PM

Avatar is coming up with like 3 or 4 fucking sequels in the coming year or two. *gags*

by Anonymousreply 85April 25, 2019 2:10 PM

I've got better things to do with my 3 hours, thank you.

by Anonymousreply 86April 25, 2019 4:02 PM

Imagine with previews its probably close to 4hrs and in a packed theatre. Naw I'm good.

by Anonymousreply 87April 25, 2019 4:23 PM

I think my favourite scene was a little showdown between Wanda and Thanos where she would singlehandedly tear him to little pieces if he didn't shout for the ship to fire missles at her (also killing several soldiers from his own army by doing this). Also the talk between old Gamora and current Nebula about Quill: 'HE is the one ?' 'Look, it was either HIM or the tree !' Can't get over the fact that it all hapened because of the fucking rat flipping the switch by accident on some dirty basement. Also loved that Portman, after slamming MCU and hating her character and movies she was in, apparently was bribed enough to return for literally 5 second scene where she wakes up in bed and realizes she is free from the Aether. Bitch must be desperate.

by Anonymousreply 88April 25, 2019 7:46 PM

Will not top Bohemian Rhapsody.

by Anonymousreply 89April 25, 2019 7:51 PM

I doubt money was a deciding factor when it comes to those cameos. Actors know what this would mean to the fans. More importantly, who would be against having their mug featured in this behemoth of a movie? It's literally free publicity.

by Anonymousreply 90April 25, 2019 7:52 PM

meh, i feel sorry for the dumbasses who buy into this type of hype, making something the finale is a bs marketing ploy, they might reboot in a few years.

by Anonymousreply 91April 25, 2019 7:55 PM

Portman showing up at the premiere caused an uproar on social media

by Anonymousreply 92April 25, 2019 8:06 PM

Kids/teens and their parents will flock to this this summer. Bohemian Rhapsody had more negative fanfare but somehow won an Oscar which led to more box office worldwide.

by Anonymousreply 93April 25, 2019 9:34 PM

I refuse to watch it and pay these fascists anything for mediocre filmmaking with a military-industrial message so R88 or someone please spoil it for me and tell me if my beloved Pietro appears or is mentioned. Then I can die.

by Anonymousreply 94April 25, 2019 10:34 PM

No, he doesn't, Wanda says to Thanos 'You took EVERYTHING from me'. I was like, sure he killed Vision, the boyfriend you were with for about a year but what about your beloved twin you had such a close bond with ? I guess she did avenge him by killing Ultron but still that line made it seem like she forgot about his existence.

by Anonymousreply 95April 25, 2019 11:01 PM

marvel movies are just good action sequences, i dont take them seriously and neither should you.

by Anonymousreply 96April 26, 2019 12:33 AM

It's going to push into #2 position, but it's not going to pass Avatar's $2.7 billion worldwide.

Titanic is #2 at $2.2 b and Force Awakens #3 at $2.1 b.

Part I of Infinity War is just below Force Awakens, so will easily surpass that one.

by Anonymousreply 97April 26, 2019 12:37 AM

So Iron Man and Caps are gone?

This honestly makes me not wanna watch ever again.

by Anonymousreply 98April 26, 2019 12:41 AM

The CGI is over the top. The characters bounce up and down like a cartoon. It didn’t hold my interest the last one.

by Anonymousreply 99April 26, 2019 1:00 AM

I was surprised at how much of this movie was not an action movie. It isn't like Infinity War with its nonstop action, it takes it's time to let these characters breathe and for the audience to spend some time with them as they react to what's happened. It really is a love letter to all the Marvel movies that have come before it, so many damn call backs. And then the final climax I found very satisfying, my theater cheered when Cap wielded the hammer.

Overall I thought Marvel managed to land it again, and these Infinity movies have carried more emotional weight than they have done before.

Also, did not expect there would be so much talk about Chris Evan's ass!

by Anonymousreply 100April 26, 2019 2:41 AM

What about his ass?

by Anonymousreply 101April 26, 2019 2:50 AM

You could tell from the trailers this one was going to be a lot of talking.

I’m sad Evans truly left. I know he’s been dying to get out for years but it’s finally here and it’s so sad.

by Anonymousreply 102April 26, 2019 2:51 AM

This is the series that killed off my husband Aaron Taylor Johnson early on right? I'd watch it if he was still in it.

by Anonymousreply 103April 26, 2019 4:29 AM

Getting rave word or mouth

by Anonymousreply 104April 26, 2019 4:47 AM

[quote]What about his ass?

Tony said Capt's old suit did nothing or his ass. Then another character - I think AntMan - said Capt. had a nice ass, it was truly's America's ass. Then a callback scene where Capt says he does have America's ass.

by Anonymousreply 105April 26, 2019 7:10 AM

Ugh. Paul Rudd needs a slap.

by Anonymousreply 106April 26, 2019 7:22 AM

R106

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 107April 26, 2019 7:29 AM

What happened to Gamora at the end?

She wasn't on the ship with Quill, Drax, Rocket, Groo, Nebula, Mantis & Fat Thor.

Peter had that image up of her that read "SEARCHING..."

Where did she go after the battle?

by Anonymousreply 108April 26, 2019 7:32 AM

She doesn't know any of those people in this timeline r108. I'm sure she just ran off at the first opportunity.

Plotline for Guardians 3.

by Anonymousreply 109April 26, 2019 7:43 AM

[quote]Plotline for Guardians 3.

Yeah, I can see Quill having to make her fall in love with him again. I wonder if Thor will actually factor into Guardians 3 as I thought this was Hemsworth's last outing too.

by Anonymousreply 110April 26, 2019 7:46 AM

I tried to stay as unspoiled as I could but I saw a headline where it talked about the first openly gay character in the MCU. I thought it would be a new character or we'd find out one of the existing characters was gay, but no, it was just one of the directors giving himself a cameo as a gay man in a Snap Survivors Support Group. I hope Marvel/Disney isn't patting itself on its back for that mess.

by Anonymousreply 111April 26, 2019 7:57 AM

It was really, really good! I'll watch it again as soon as it's released to be downloaded. Probable the best Marvel movie ever.

by Anonymousreply 112April 26, 2019 7:58 AM

When I saw the wedding ring, I thought for a second that Cap got married to Bucky. But nope, it was Carter. Boring.

by Anonymousreply 113April 26, 2019 9:05 AM

Yeah R103. Avengers did ATJ like GOT did Sean Bean. Both outrageously poor moves.

by Anonymousreply 114April 26, 2019 10:23 AM

It was alright not a bad send off for some characters like Tony or Steve. But by trying to wrap up all the main Avengers stories in a satisfying way they spent way too much time with people I doubt anyone cared about. Hawkeye's family scenes were particularly annoying, and no I don't give a shit that Tony's daughter I've seen for all of 5 minutes likes Cheese Burgers. Who was that really tall young guy at the funeral btw?

by Anonymousreply 115April 26, 2019 10:38 AM

Nobody want to talk about that gratuitous scene focusing on Captain America's ass?

by Anonymousreply 116April 26, 2019 10:39 AM

Ok, so Cap and his sergeant won't end up together, it was too much to ask. Do we at least get to see more scenes of Bucky ?

Heterosexuality was save !!

by Anonymousreply 117April 26, 2019 11:01 AM

[Quote]Who was that really tall young guy at the funeral btw

The kid from Iron Man 3.

by Anonymousreply 118April 26, 2019 11:28 AM

So who died? Can’t keep up with all the spoilers.🤷🏻‍♂️

by Anonymousreply 119April 26, 2019 11:41 AM

Natasha and Tony died r119. Captain America decided to stay in the past with Peggy and is now an old man so retired from the movies.

by Anonymousreply 120April 26, 2019 11:53 AM

r118 Huh he grew up pretty well. I'd forgotten him after how much I hated that movie. Wonder if it was just an Easter Egg or setting something up.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 121April 26, 2019 12:00 PM

R121 I think they wanted everyone from all previous films that aren’t dead characters or villains. This is the final send off.

Glad Natasha is dead. She should have died years ago.

He’s grown up a lot since 2015 Jurassic World, huh.

by Anonymousreply 122April 26, 2019 12:40 PM

Natasha being killed is weird since she has a solo movie coming out. I get it will be set in the past but still, the character is dead so are audiences supposed to be that invested...?

by Anonymousreply 123April 26, 2019 12:47 PM

Saw it last night. People were yelling at the screen, whooping it up the whole time like a panto. I'm guessing the fan base loves it. I thought it was overly complicated plot-wise and it didn't get good until the final battle. Hawkeye talked too much, not enough War Machine.

by Anonymousreply 124April 26, 2019 12:48 PM

R116 People seemed to think it was comedy gold.

by Anonymousreply 125April 26, 2019 12:50 PM

I can’t stand Hawkeye. He’s a part of the original group but no one I know cares about him, and part of that is cause of who was cast as him.

Renner was miscast.

by Anonymousreply 126April 26, 2019 12:51 PM

[quote] audiences supposed to be that invested.

r124 Have audiences ever been invested in Black Widow in the MCU? Or Clint as well for that matter. My main thoughts during the big emotional scene with Hawkeye over who should be the sacrifice was "Why don't you both fucking jump. It's been 10 years and I still don't care about either of you".

by Anonymousreply 127April 26, 2019 12:53 PM

I just realized Caps gives Falcon the Captain America role... the hardcore fans that are racists are about to have seizures

by Anonymousreply 128April 26, 2019 12:54 PM

R126 weird that they bookended the movie with his family drama, I guess he's supposed to be the most relatable one?

by Anonymousreply 129April 26, 2019 12:55 PM

R127 I agree with you. But she has fans. He doesn’t.

Again, Renner was miscast. He lacks charm or charisma.

Hawkeye in the comics was tall, lean muscled, blue eyed blond small town boy that looked like a top model but was a superhero.

Not Renner.

by Anonymousreply 130April 26, 2019 12:56 PM

does robt downey make anyone else puke???

he shoulda been put to pasture with goop yrs ago......FIRE THEM

by Anonymousreply 131April 26, 2019 12:56 PM

R131 yeah, I was unmoved at the end. I've seen plenty of Tony Stark, glad they're moving on.... beyond the obligatory references and flashbacks.

by Anonymousreply 132April 26, 2019 1:00 PM

He's apparently meant to be a pretty nice guy IRL, though he does come across as a bit smug whenever I see him. Anyway the high point of his career has definitely passed now. Only other things he's got up coming is another Sherlock Holmes sequel and this upcoming flop that has the voice talent of everyone in Hollywood involved.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 133April 26, 2019 1:04 PM

[quote]I thought it was overly complicated plot-wise

The confusing moment for me was the Capt elevator scene with Crossbow. IIRC that scene takes place in Winter Soldier but in Endgame it happens during Avengers.

And while I like they didn't timey-wimey it so that everything reverts back to a pre-snap timeline, it's strange that Peter and friends have missed 5 years of their lives and are just back in high school like nothing happened.

by Anonymousreply 134April 26, 2019 1:53 PM

Russo was great.

"Eat a salad."

by Anonymousreply 135April 26, 2019 1:59 PM

r134 I'd just accept it as a generic happy ending and move on without thinking about it too much. Otherwise the implications of 4 billion people suddenly turning up for a world that's likely only just adjusted to feeding half of that, the resulting economic disaster, and people who were in air planes when they dusted suddenly reappearing a mile in the sky really do bring a downer on the whole thing.

by Anonymousreply 136April 26, 2019 2:04 PM

R130 I like Renner as Hawkeye but the problem is that he was not given something interesting to do and was instead given a stupid family. The Hawkeye character should have been introduced at the same time BW was or he should have had a bigger role in Thor.

It could have been worse he was in the running for the role of Captain America!

R134 No the scene was a joke or nod to the scene in Winter Soldier.

by Anonymousreply 137April 26, 2019 2:07 PM

I didnt know it going in and was pleasantly surprised when I realized that extra was gay r111. But my friend I watched the movie with completely missed it. Definitely a subtle thing to pick up.

by Anonymousreply 138April 26, 2019 2:18 PM

I loved the part where Zorp and Gurkel captured the Girdle of Time and went back to destroy the portal to Sneeb. The fight scene with the snibbets was a little OTT, but when Dunk kissed Lady Hammerthighs, the whole audience stood up and cheered!

by Anonymousreply 139April 26, 2019 2:54 PM

[Quote] Captain America decided to stay in the past with Peggy and is now an old man so retired from the movies.

Does she know he kissed her niece? Does Sharon make a cameo??

by Anonymousreply 140April 26, 2019 3:27 PM

[quote]Does Sharon make a cameo??

Thankfully, no.

Neither does Coulson. Another welcome subtraction.

by Anonymousreply 141April 26, 2019 3:29 PM

The cameo I was thrilled by was Jarvis (James D'Arcy). Glad that "Agent Carter" got some MCU love.

by Anonymousreply 142April 26, 2019 3:34 PM

[Quote] Thankfully, no.

I don't get the hatred for her.

[Quote] Neither does Coulson. Another welcome subtraction.

Aww i like Coulson and i want Melinda May to show up in the next batch of Marvel movies.

by Anonymousreply 143April 26, 2019 3:53 PM

R139 Essentially

by Anonymousreply 144April 26, 2019 3:54 PM

It's a shame Aaron Taylor Johnson wasn't cast as Hawkeye - he would be a much better match for the comic version.

by Anonymousreply 145April 26, 2019 4:17 PM

The movie is overrated by many critics. I guess for a superhero movie it is a good one but it's not that it's miles better than Wonder Woman, Black Panther or Infinity War.

by Anonymousreply 146April 26, 2019 4:48 PM

Nice haircut, Carol.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 147April 26, 2019 6:20 PM

Carol went full dyke in this.

I loved Wanda vs Thanos. Great scene. Loved how she wasn’t backing down to him

by Anonymousreply 148April 26, 2019 6:32 PM

I'm glad Carol Danvers despite being the most powerful character only played a small role in the movie. Pity that Capt ended up with a fish rather than Bucky.

by Anonymousreply 149April 26, 2019 6:32 PM

R149 he’s hetero. He’s always been hetero. Why would he fuck a man when he’s literally ALWAYS been in love with a woman?

You all can’t handle straight men like women and their best and closest friends are usually other men.

by Anonymousreply 150April 26, 2019 6:36 PM

Wouldn’t Nebula killing her 2014 self make her dead?

Or was she ok cause she killed her in modern day?

by Anonymousreply 151April 26, 2019 6:39 PM

R146 It's definitely not as good as Infinity War but more fun than Black Panther.

Wonder Woman was a bad movie altogether. Talking about overrated.

by Anonymousreply 152April 26, 2019 6:42 PM

I love Wonder Woman. I think it’s beautifully executed.

I liked Infinity War more than this one but this one was tragic and really made me feel heartbroken.

by Anonymousreply 153April 26, 2019 6:44 PM

There is nothing to like about Renner as Hawkeye. They didn’t give him much to do cause Renner has zero presence.

ScarJo can be standing there with zero lines and you still take notice of her. She has that natural “it” factor and presence. Renner doesn’t. He has zero business being in these big blockbusters

by Anonymousreply 154April 26, 2019 6:46 PM

I feel like it would be such a chore to sit though.

by Anonymousreply 155April 26, 2019 6:47 PM

Changing the past doesn't affect their present was the guiding rule of this movie r151, instead it just creates alternate timeline when you go back. They went in a different direction than most movies, no Back to the Future rules.

They jump into the past in one timeline, then jump back into their timeline.

Though their rule was violated at the end with the Captain America ending which doesn't fit with the time travel rules they established

by Anonymousreply 156April 26, 2019 6:57 PM

R156 I guess when it comes to Caps it’s different cause he stayed behind and never jumped back to modern day, so he aged.

by Anonymousreply 157April 26, 2019 6:59 PM

Yes, but Captain America should be old in an alternate timeline r156. In their timeline Captain America would just be gone. Those seem to be the rules they were making, ie why going to kill a baby Thanos wouldn't help their timeline.

by Anonymousreply 158April 26, 2019 7:02 PM

R157* I mean

by Anonymousreply 159April 26, 2019 7:03 PM

They really fucked up the rules in the end I guess.

by Anonymousreply 160April 26, 2019 7:03 PM

I don’t think I can watch Marvel films after this one. The loss of Caps really hit me hard.

by Anonymousreply 161April 26, 2019 7:04 PM

Doesn't Loki escaping with a Tesseract already fuck up the timeline even before Cap? I don't think they mentioned recapturing him.

by Anonymousreply 162April 26, 2019 7:05 PM

They should have killed off The Hulk instead. I can't stand insufferable Bern bro Mark Ruffalo's portrayal.

by Anonymousreply 163April 26, 2019 7:06 PM

No that fits their rules r162, there is an alternate timeline where Loki has the stone. It doesn't affect their timeline.

by Anonymousreply 164April 26, 2019 7:07 PM

In the comics I believe Hulks arm gets blown off when he snaps his fingers. They should have done that here instead of it burning down

by Anonymousreply 165April 26, 2019 7:07 PM

How did they get the stone back from Loki?

by Anonymousreply 166April 26, 2019 7:08 PM

They didn't r166, they just jumped into another timeline in the 70s in order to get the stone r166.

by Anonymousreply 167April 26, 2019 7:09 PM

The idea you can jump back in time to a moment in time where you were present and it not affect your present or future bothers me.

If I jump back in time and drop out of school it should result in my present being different. Not the same.

by Anonymousreply 168April 26, 2019 7:12 PM

R145 ah but then how would my erotic Hawksilver fantasy scenarios work?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 169April 26, 2019 7:12 PM

Captain Marvel is such an empty, pointless character. I'm glad she was mostly left out.

by Anonymousreply 170April 26, 2019 7:13 PM

I was glad she was hardly in the movie also. They would have made the movie all about her. Glad she was left out of most saving other planets.

However, them sending Nebula back to where she came from was a mistake.

by Anonymousreply 171April 26, 2019 7:14 PM

The movie focused on the original Avengers, this was meant to their send off. All the newer characters were kept to small roles.

by Anonymousreply 172April 26, 2019 7:15 PM

The thing is now they've shown Loki one of their more popular villains walking off alive even if it is an alt tiimeline. I can't see anyway they won't role him back into the main universe.

by Anonymousreply 173April 26, 2019 7:15 PM

Geeks

by Anonymousreply 174April 26, 2019 7:17 PM

Definitely the loudest yells and cheers in my theater came when Cap commanded Mjolnir.

by Anonymousreply 175April 26, 2019 7:22 PM

Unmmm Rocket, Nebula and Ant-Man had major roles

by Anonymousreply 176April 26, 2019 7:32 PM

When Cap went ape shit on Thanos and had Thor’s hammer... the theater went nuts.

I personally didn’t like him holding the hammer.

by Anonymousreply 177April 26, 2019 7:33 PM

Let me clarify, I didn’t mind him being worthy to hold the hammer. I minded him being able to use electricity also.

by Anonymousreply 178April 26, 2019 7:33 PM

They should have paired Thor and Rocket as a couple. I'd ship Thorcket.

by Anonymousreply 179April 26, 2019 7:46 PM

R127 Best comment. But BW has fans. Hawkeye was not missed from Infinity War. At all.

R148 YES Loved that scene. This has not nearly enough Wanda.

R154 AGREED

Infinity War > Endgame.

For an Endgame, this had a pitiful body count: 2.

by Anonymousreply 180April 26, 2019 7:47 PM

the fucking time travel shot makes no sense! if they killed 2014 thanos, none of this would have happened along with the other stuff

by Anonymousreply 181April 26, 2019 7:49 PM

R181 that would make sense but they decided that killing 2014 Thanos doesn’t change current timeline.

by Anonymousreply 182April 26, 2019 7:55 PM

I enjoyed it. It's a pretty overwhelming experience with a lot of captivating moments. I liked it less than Infinity War, but only by a small margin.

Whoever keeps going on about Aaron Taylor Johnson is confounding. Dude's a boring actor who could barely manage that accent. I'm glad he's gone.

I thought Chris Hemsworth was perfect throughout. Hilarious and heartfelt performance. His scene with Renee Russo was surprisingly moving, especially since Thor: The Dark World is definitely one of the lesser MCU films.

Banner/Hulk was hot as fuck. That selfie scene might have been my favorite moment of the whole film. Someone on Reddit mentioned how bummed they were that Hulk and Thanos didn't have their own showdown during that final battle and I agree, though I didn't even notice it at the time.

Cool movie. Tasteful and touching sendoffs for both Tony and Steve. I didn't see Downey Jr.'s death coming to be honest. He's given so much to this franchise and never phoned it in, which is impressive. I'm glad Evans gets to leave on such a solid note.

Also, co-director Joe Russo playing a gay man during the group session was trippy. I was like, "Is that the director playing a gay man in one of the most anticipated films of all time?" There were actually a couple bones thrown to the LGBTQ: The repeated comments on Cap's ass, Captain Marvel's butch cut, and Valkyrie being King of Asgard.

by Anonymousreply 183April 26, 2019 9:04 PM

The more I think about it the more dumbfounding it is for me that they had so much trouble with Thanos when he didn't have any of the Stones ! Seriously they did more damage to him in IW when he had almost full gauntlet. Now he is just a giant with physical strength and all of them with supernatural powers couldn't manage ? Also they perspective on the nature of time is more accurate to reality and multiverse theory that even Einstein thought was real. Only human's simplistic brain can think of time as one straight line, because it is easier to grasp, but that is not how it really works.

by Anonymousreply 184April 26, 2019 9:22 PM

Sounds confusing as fuck. Are the action scenes good at least?

by Anonymousreply 185April 26, 2019 9:35 PM

Didn't feel like it had the same directors as Infinity War. It had a lot of highlights but felt kind of hollow.

by Anonymousreply 186April 26, 2019 9:39 PM

I'd argue that the action scenes in Infinity War are better than the ones in Endgame, though Endgame has way more dramatic weight.

by Anonymousreply 187April 26, 2019 9:45 PM

And still no one cares about Hawkeye.

by Anonymousreply 188April 26, 2019 9:51 PM

Hawkeye should have been taller, leaner, blonder, more handsome in the face.

Renner is looking ROUGH on top of having no charisma or presence.

by Anonymousreply 189April 26, 2019 10:06 PM

I'm still not that happy on the Spider-Man Iron Man relationship. I finally came round to having him be his mentor. But this pretty much completed making him into Uncle Ben.

by Anonymousreply 190April 26, 2019 10:07 PM

R190 agree.

My theater went nuts when each dead character came back in the final battle, but Spider man got the loudest claps and screams.

by Anonymousreply 191April 26, 2019 10:09 PM

People love Spidey. Also, his dusting in the last film was the most emotional, mainly because of his relationship with Tony.

by Anonymousreply 192April 26, 2019 10:11 PM

I found it very hard to follow. They practically broke the fourth wall to give a middle finger to how other movies handled time travel (far enough since time travel is impossible), but I guess it's better to think they went to multiple realities than simply traveled through time. I found the whole "if we alter the past it doesn't change the future" concept strange.

by Anonymousreply 193April 26, 2019 10:15 PM

What Hawkeye should have looked like

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 194April 26, 2019 10:51 PM

Needed more...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 195April 26, 2019 10:54 PM

The whole "multiverse" way of thinking is the more modern take on it than the idea that there is one singular space-time r193. Most theoretical physicists these days are preaching the multiverse dogma.

by Anonymousreply 196April 26, 2019 10:55 PM

I would’ve been moved by Tony or Nat’s death, had a datalounge thread title not spoiled it for me on Wed. I had stayed away from risky social media and almost made it, but my craving for celeb gossip ended up being my undoing. I almost threw my fucking phone lol

Anyway, the Captain America violation of the whole “separate timelines” concept did annoy me. Although it’s possible that he lived out his life in an alternate timeline and came back to the current timeline at some time in the past and sat his old ass down waiting for them.

Cap wielding Mjölnir was weird as well. Catching it and fighting with it was okay, but yeah...where TF did the lightning come from?? Seems like pure fan service.

by Anonymousreply 197April 26, 2019 11:01 PM

She died for Hawkeye...who nobody cares about.

by Anonymousreply 198April 26, 2019 11:03 PM

The inscription on the hammer r197, is "Whosoever holds this hammer, if he be worthy, shall possess the power of Thor."

So Cap inherits the power of Thor, the god of lightning.

by Anonymousreply 199April 26, 2019 11:04 PM

Why do people shit on Natalie Portman in Thor? I am watching the first right now and she’s so likable and fun in it. Her scenes are the best in the movie.

by Anonymousreply 200April 26, 2019 11:07 PM

Well that's the problem r198. Hawkeye's death wouldn't have had the same emotional weight as Nat's death. They didn't want to take the easy way out, they wanted to try to move the audience.

by Anonymousreply 201April 26, 2019 11:10 PM

Red Witch had the best fight sequence. Badass.

Totally lost on why Captain America using Thor's hammer got such a huge reaction, people cheered in my theater too.

by Anonymousreply 202April 26, 2019 11:10 PM

r198 But he has a family now! A daughter who practices Archery, and sons who play Baseball! We all know having a family is the only path to being a real human. Like Tony Starks daughter who loves him 3000.

by Anonymousreply 203April 26, 2019 11:10 PM

Also was it implied that Hawkeye and BW were secretely fucking/in love? Kinda strange given he has a wife, yet the whole Soul Stone sacrifice is about losing that which you love the most. And after Tony's funeral their relationship was compared to Wanda/Vision which was definitely romantic.

by Anonymousreply 204April 26, 2019 11:16 PM

R204 if you watch the first Avengers you get the sense they’re fucking also after his spell wears off. But in reality they’re old good friends and she was the only person to know he was married with kids, and is close to his wife and his kids call her “Ant Nat”

by Anonymousreply 205April 26, 2019 11:17 PM

People can love each other a lot without fucking. Personally I liked the twist that they weren't a couple, just close friends.

by Anonymousreply 206April 26, 2019 11:19 PM

His family had been dead 5 years. And outside of erotic fanfiction it's not like she could ride Banner. So I don't see why not.

by Anonymousreply 207April 26, 2019 11:19 PM

Clint and his wife also named the youngest child Nathaniel as a way of honoring Natasha in Age of Ultron. I admit reading fanfic is a guilty pleasure of mine and there were fanfics I read a couple of years back where Clint's wife dies and Natasha steps in to play mommy and eventually marries Clint.

by Anonymousreply 208April 26, 2019 11:22 PM

Erotic fanfic? Like hetero fucking? Or was it just a story?

by Anonymousreply 209April 26, 2019 11:25 PM

But did they love each other the most? You have to sacrifice what you love most for the stone... neither sacrificed the other, they sacrificed themselves. So wouldn’t that mean they loved themselves the most? Lol

by Anonymousreply 210April 26, 2019 11:26 PM

R305, why do you jump to the conclusion they were having sex? Do you not love most people in your life without having sex, or is sex the only deep bond you have with others? I don’t think Most would think they had sex.

by Anonymousreply 211April 26, 2019 11:27 PM

I also thought it was very lame to basically just repeat Gamora's death. The first time it packed a punch, this time...seen it.

by Anonymousreply 212April 26, 2019 11:29 PM

R209 There weren't erotic stories. They were basically stories using the single woman dates and marries widower dad trope.

by Anonymousreply 213April 26, 2019 11:29 PM

It doesn't say the most, just a soul that you love r210.

[Quote]"To ensure that whoever possesses it understands its power, the stone demands a sacrifice.""Of what?" "In order to take the stone, you must lose that which you love. A soul for a soul

by Anonymousreply 214April 26, 2019 11:33 PM

So in addition to being ugly and boring, Hawkeye is an adulterer? 'Cause they were banging.

by Anonymousreply 215April 26, 2019 11:37 PM

I meant erotic fanfic in the fact that. Banner/Hulk was her designated love interest for most of the series. But come Endgame that clearly wasn't happening in any way that Disney would portray because he's permanently Hulked out now.

by Anonymousreply 216April 26, 2019 11:38 PM

I wouldn’t be shocked if Nat let Hawkeye hit it a few times, the way I’m sure she wanted to fuck Caps but he won’t cause he has old school high morals.

It was a huge deal to even kiss Sharon for him, so he’s not just fucking.

by Anonymousreply 217April 26, 2019 11:52 PM

Was Captain marvel really saving other planets for the entire film or was she busy eating Alien snatch on other planets?

by Anonymousreply 218April 26, 2019 11:57 PM

So Captain America marries a woman, but what happens to Bucky?

by Anonymousreply 219April 26, 2019 11:59 PM

r219 Nothing. Actually he's kind of forgotten about. Cap's last words in the film are to pass his legacy to Falcon. Bucky is pretty much a third string character in this.

by Anonymousreply 220April 27, 2019 12:01 AM

R218 The haircut says it all.

by Anonymousreply 221April 27, 2019 12:02 AM

I wish Bucky would have been the one to see old Cap.

by Anonymousreply 222April 27, 2019 12:02 AM

R219 they’re both straight.... so....

Buckey saw him but let Falcon speak to him. Falcon was his best friend in modern day, Buckey in the past.

by Anonymousreply 223April 27, 2019 12:09 AM

This frees Bucky to head down to the newly repopulated Hell’s Kitchen and finally just have some mansex.

Random thought: the Wakandan funeral dresses were magnificent. Completely inappropriate lol, but magnificent.

by Anonymousreply 224April 27, 2019 12:11 AM

Why wasn’t Lupita in this? She could have made a cameo.

Same for Sharon Carter, cause last we saw of her she got to kiss Caps who was really into her. Then she vanished.

by Anonymousreply 225April 27, 2019 12:13 AM

Sam and Bucky are getting their own show, which could be fun.

by Anonymousreply 226April 27, 2019 12:17 AM

Apparently all of them are getting their own show...

by Anonymousreply 227April 27, 2019 12:19 AM

[quote] Sharon Carter

You know the fact she had to have known old Captain had been screwing her aunt for 70 years and was probably in the background at the funeral somewhere really make her seem fucked up. The relationship was creepy before. But now Jesus fucking Christ she's like someone out of a horror movie.

by Anonymousreply 228April 27, 2019 12:19 AM

R228 Caps never fucked Peggy lmao. Not her niece.

by Anonymousreply 229April 27, 2019 12:20 AM

Goop has completely lost her youth. At 40 you can look good.

Portman has the saddest cameo only a few seconds and in the dark.

I like Renner but he is looking rough but after all he is pushing 50. His scene with Scarlette fighting over who was going to die was the movie’s best

Too many dopey scenes between Spider-Man and Tony. I saw the trailer for the new Spidey. Why does Nick Fury have to be in it ?

Yeah I thought they was going to make a couple with Caps and that Revenge girl.

by Anonymousreply 230April 27, 2019 12:21 AM

Was Liv Tyler in the funeral pan at the end? Pretty sure I saw her father.

by Anonymousreply 231April 27, 2019 12:21 AM

R230 why wouldn’t Nick Fury come to Tony’s funeral? He worked with him before anyone else minus Natasha...

Hawkeye should have been played by a younger guy. Idk why they cast a 40 year old when starting it all for a character that isn’t old...

We haven’t seen Liv Tyler since Incredible Hulk, but have her father. They’ve spoken about bringing her back but never do, and at this point they won’t. Evangeline Lily looks a lot like Liv Tyler to me.

by Anonymousreply 232April 27, 2019 12:25 AM

I wonder how much these big stars made for 3 seconds of work. If you read the credits they all had assistants.

by Anonymousreply 233April 27, 2019 12:25 AM

Portman doesn’t wanna do these movies. Hence why she left. She agreed to do the cameo simply cause it was so small and she didn’t have to do lines.

by Anonymousreply 234April 27, 2019 12:26 AM

[quote] Caps never fucked Peggy

r229 So they just spent the rest of the 20th century dancing together in a suburban living room and never got to third base?

[quote] Not her niece

Great niece who was close enough to her to be the lead in her funeral.

by Anonymousreply 235April 27, 2019 12:27 AM

Lib Tyler has been in several the Hulk movie is not considered part of this series.

by Anonymousreply 236April 27, 2019 12:27 AM

Fun Fact - The love interests were not supposed to be in Avenger films originally but RDJ was so outraged Goop wouldn’t be in Avengers that he said he won’t do it unless she’s in it.

The studio wanted Avengers movies to be solely about them without their personal lives originally.

by Anonymousreply 237April 27, 2019 12:28 AM

231 I was talking about the next Spider-Man. The first had Ironman the next Firy. I’m thinking everyone loves Tom and he can carry the movie by himself.

by Anonymousreply 238April 27, 2019 12:30 AM

R236 false. They added her father to Civil War to show that Incredible Hulk is canon in this universe...

R235 I am referring to him and Peggy before he went back in time. In the original timeline he died before they could be together. Then he comes back and she’s old and dying.

In the new timeline Sharon and him probably never happened.

by Anonymousreply 239April 27, 2019 12:30 AM

R238 I think most love Nick Fury also.

by Anonymousreply 240April 27, 2019 12:30 AM

I know Pepper was given a Ironman suit briefly but now she is suddenly a superhero without a name ? She actually looks more ragged than Jeremy Remner ?

by Anonymousreply 241April 27, 2019 12:33 AM

Have I lost my mind? Steve Tyler was in a Marvel movie? Or we taking about about her chsracter’s father ?

I thought Ang Lee’s Hulk was universally hated ?

by Anonymousreply 242April 27, 2019 12:37 AM

R241 she wore his suits and saved his ass in Iron a man 3.

I don’t think she’s a superhero but she showed up for this final battle to help out. She probably feels guilty that Tony is always having to kill himself while she’s chilling in luxury.

She’s also always been willing to help him.

by Anonymousreply 243April 27, 2019 12:37 AM

R242 Ang Lee’s Hulk movie is not a part of MCU, THE INCREDIBLE HULK is however.

Her characters father, not Steven Tyler.

by Anonymousreply 244April 27, 2019 12:37 AM

r239 If him and Sharron never happen that means Steve's actions have changed the past. Which they said was bad. On the other hand this film ignored that rule as soon as they said it so I guess it doesn't matter.

[quote] more ragged than Jeremy Remner

r241 Speaking of. Did he suddenly look really old and bloated towards the end? When he was killing Yakuza he looked pretty good. Then he suddenly seemed to age a decade for the last 30 minutes.

by Anonymousreply 245April 27, 2019 12:39 AM

R245 he should have been killed off instead of Nat

by Anonymousreply 246April 27, 2019 12:41 AM

R245 I think it might just be you. He still looked haggard in that scene to me. It's probably the haircut too though. It looked atrocious on him.

by Anonymousreply 247April 27, 2019 12:42 AM

I assumed Portman didn't film any new scenes- that they just pieced together Thor: The Dark World footage. Her scenes were so inconsequential.

by Anonymousreply 248April 27, 2019 12:43 AM

R248 she filmed the scene waking up. That’s it.

by Anonymousreply 249April 27, 2019 12:45 AM

[quote] Tesseract

Was this ripped off of A Wrinkle In Time?

by Anonymousreply 250April 27, 2019 12:46 AM

I think they didn’t use any old footage. Everything was new.

Oops. Getting Jennifer Connelly and Liv Tyler mixed up is easy.

by Anonymousreply 251April 27, 2019 12:47 AM

Was Chris Rvans’ hair A wig or CGI ?

I didn’t like the way CA ended. They could have done something better.

by Anonymousreply 252April 27, 2019 12:52 AM

R250 No, Samuel Beckett's "Endgame"

by Anonymousreply 253April 27, 2019 12:52 AM

R252 yes. He’s used a wig in every CA and Avengers movie.

by Anonymousreply 254April 27, 2019 12:54 AM

Jennifer Connelly's in the MCU as the voice of Peter Parker's suit.

[quote]I know Pepper was given a Ironman suit briefly but now she is suddenly a superhero without a name ? She actually looks more ragged than Jeremy Remner ?

Pepper wearing a suit was a nod to her Rescue alter ego from the comics:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 255April 27, 2019 12:55 AM

So, they decided not to feed the Steve/Bucky slashers. Pity. I didn't expect them to end up together, but they could have given us some smoldering looks like in the other films.

by Anonymousreply 256April 27, 2019 12:55 AM

Bucky and Steve are BEST FRIENDS. NOTHING MORE

by Anonymousreply 257April 27, 2019 12:58 AM

If they'd set it up properly, they could have had a Frodo kissing Sam moment between Steve and Bucky. That'd have been hot. This was already the gayest MCU movie yet.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 258April 27, 2019 12:59 AM

Has it leaked online anywhere?

by Anonymousreply 259April 27, 2019 1:01 AM

Ok, R257. But does it show ? Or is the friendship stumped, because they fear it will come across as gay ?

by Anonymousreply 260April 27, 2019 1:02 AM

Stucky shippers remind me of those rabid fangirls who wrecked Sherlock, Teen Wolf, Voltron and God knows what else. Bless Marvel for giving them nothing.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 261April 27, 2019 1:02 AM

Pretty sure I saw Lord Elrond at the funeral.

by Anonymousreply 262April 27, 2019 1:07 AM

Nah, R261. It's just a super heroes movie and we are just having fun. Don't take it so seriously. Let people ship whoever they want. It is just a game.

I never thought they were gay, but he clearly loved his best friend and it was nice to see feelings. Tis all.

by Anonymousreply 263April 27, 2019 1:08 AM

Bucky couldn’t even speak to Caps in the end. I think seeing him like that broke his heart.

by Anonymousreply 264April 27, 2019 1:09 AM

I felt Pepper telling Tony they will be fine, not to worry, for him to get rest now was lovely. It really broke my heart. Then he just... went.

by Anonymousreply 265April 27, 2019 1:10 AM

r264 Seeing him old, happy and going by the smile having had a lot of good sex?

by Anonymousreply 266April 27, 2019 1:12 AM

R266 seeing him old. I’m sure he was happy for him, that he lived his life and got his girl, but sad that he was now old, would be dead soon etc.

He lost his best bud for good pretty much.

People forget they didn’t meet like the rest of the Avengers. They’ve been best friends their whole lives. They’ve known each other since small children.

by Anonymousreply 267April 27, 2019 1:13 AM

Bringing my pathetic attempt at continuing the Liv Tyler joke (R262) full circle with a serious question...

Did cap just hand the soul stone back to Red Skull on Vormir?

by Anonymousreply 268April 27, 2019 1:15 AM

r259 Yes, I watched the cam version on Thursday already.

by Anonymousreply 269April 27, 2019 1:16 AM

R268 who knows how he went about it lmao. But honestly someone should have thrown them into the sea and let them Be lost.

Did Strange get back the time stone?

by Anonymousreply 270April 27, 2019 1:18 AM

Did anyone else love seeing Tilda Swinton? She was my fav part of Doctor Strange

by Anonymousreply 271April 27, 2019 1:19 AM

I'd certainly forgotten how weird she looks bald.

by Anonymousreply 272April 27, 2019 1:20 AM

Swinton is a handsome woman. Yeah, that’s it, I think. She’s captivating, but in a sexless, alien way.

by Anonymousreply 273April 27, 2019 1:21 AM

Swinton is a terrific actress. She can do anything.

She was badass in Doctor Strange.

by Anonymousreply 274April 27, 2019 1:22 AM

In our main timeline the infinity stones, including Strange's timestone, should be gone. They were destroyed by Thanos. They only exist in other timelines now.

And yes I loved seeing Swinton again, so captivating.

by Anonymousreply 275April 27, 2019 1:23 AM

Yeah, the Infinity Stones no longer exist in our timeline, and Steve returned the Time Stone back to the Ancient One.

I loved seeing Tilda again as well. She was listed in the IMDb credits last year, but I wasn't sure how they'd incorporate her into the plot. Loved the way she pushed Banner's astral form out of The Hulk.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 276April 27, 2019 1:28 AM

r271 LOVED seeing her in this! A small cameo but her delivery elevated it, as per usual. I find her voice just magical. Thought she was the best part of Doctor Strange as well.

by Anonymousreply 277April 27, 2019 1:30 AM

how did the shield get repaired?

by Anonymousreply 278April 27, 2019 1:42 AM

Probably just made a new one...or stole the one from himself in another timeline...and then killed his other self in another timeline...and enlisted Peggy’s help in the cover up. And after they washed the blood off their hands...they danced.

by Anonymousreply 279April 27, 2019 1:50 AM

Stark said that his father made a few Shields for Caps.

by Anonymousreply 280April 27, 2019 1:51 AM

Can John Slattery play anything other than high brow WASP playboy?

by Anonymousreply 281April 27, 2019 1:52 AM

The ending was a nice conclusion for me after 11 years of films to drop out of the Marvel Cinematic Universe once and for all. The films currently in the pipeline suck (third Spider-man series in less than 20 years, homophobic Chris Pratt in Guardians and more sequels) and I think this a great film to conclude the saga. There was no cliffhanger post credit scene to keep me wanting more and there were no real unanswered questions in the film. Sure, some of the characters will go into their own projects, but none of them are compelling enough for me to continue patronage. I'm sure I'm not the only one who feels this way and I predict that the Marvel films are going to start to tank at the box office starting next year. Marvel is currently at its all time high now. It can only go down from here.

by Anonymousreply 282April 27, 2019 2:01 AM

R282 I said the same thing. The movies won’t make nearly as much as they have in the future.

Many have been watching these characters for 11 years.

They won’t connect with most of the new ones like they did these.

by Anonymousreply 283April 27, 2019 2:05 AM

Black Panther's insane box office says otherwise.

by Anonymousreply 284April 27, 2019 2:06 AM

I’ll do what I’ve always done: watch the ones they look interesting and ignore the rest

by Anonymousreply 285April 27, 2019 2:11 AM

R282 I agree. I was looking forward to GOTG3, but it isn't rumored to start filming until 2021. I doubt I'll still care by the time that it's released. As they were passing the torches, so to speak, at the end, I couldn't help but feel uncompelled by the characters.

Also, speaking of GOTG3 do we think Gamora was snapped at the end or ran away? Seems a bit odd for her to run away and leave her sister and not try to make some kind of a relationship with Quill--even if just to say "Well, other me was wrong, nothing here." I got the impression that she was snapped, but I don't think that the sentiment elsewhere.

by Anonymousreply 286April 27, 2019 2:12 AM

Downey and Paltrow both looked sick.

by Anonymousreply 287April 27, 2019 4:10 AM

[quote]I'm sure I'm not the only one who feels this way and I predict that the Marvel films are going to start to tank at the box office starting next year. Marvel is currently at its all time high now. It can only go down from here.

I have a feeling that will happen too.

by Anonymousreply 288April 27, 2019 4:12 AM

[quote]Did anyone else love seeing Tilda Swinton? She was my fav part of Doctor Strange

I was very angry and I started screaming. I had to be escorted out of the theater by security.

by Anonymousreply 289April 27, 2019 4:22 AM

I didn’t start liking the movie until Chris’s scene with Renee. That is a bit of a soft spot for me since my mother / best friend died 3 years ago. Russo is turning into an interesting actress. This is the third time she has been very good I know her husband is a director and I noticed who did this movie has the same last name as her. Is that him ?

Hemsworth was also good and I don’t think he is getting much credit for it....

by Anonymousreply 290April 27, 2019 4:57 AM

Russo is married to Dan Gilroy.

by Anonymousreply 291April 27, 2019 5:23 AM

[quote] Hemsworth was also good and I don’t think he is getting much credit for it....

Hemsworth was very good. He is a surprisingly effective in comedic mode. He has all the charm that the franchise pretends Pratt has but doesn't.

by Anonymousreply 292April 27, 2019 6:04 AM

R198 there’s been about four character sacrifices in this MCU series to ‘save’ Clint Barton’s life despite the fact that he’s an Unfavorite, so I would posit that he acts as a mere cipher for the salt-of-the-Earth heteronormative humanity of the majority watching these films. It’s meant to be reassuring, I suppose, that Good Dad Good Employee Man’s Man Average Dude survives the Apocalypse. However, neither Natasha Romanov nor Phil Coulson had superpowers or represented nonconformity either, so that sends my theory to Hell.

by Anonymousreply 293April 27, 2019 6:57 AM

After watching the last movie I though ALL the Asgardien were dead? It's not like Thanos snaped Asgard, he intercept their ship and killed every body but Thor. Valkyrie is not dead? Stone guy is alive?

by Anonymousreply 294April 27, 2019 6:58 AM

[quote] there were fanfics I read a couple of years back where Clint's wife dies and Natasha steps in to play mommy and eventually marries Clint.

I have read several similar, only with Pietro taking the place of Laura and not Nat.

I’ve also read one where Laura is retconned as Clint’a sister that he isn’t fucking.

by Anonymousreply 295April 27, 2019 6:59 AM

Pratt seems to be an awful person in real life....

by Anonymousreply 296April 27, 2019 7:19 AM

Fun movie!!

by Anonymousreply 297April 27, 2019 7:23 AM

[Quote] Stucky shippers remind me of those rabid fangirls who wrecked Sherlock, Teen Wolf, Voltron and God knows what else. Bless Marvel for giving them nothing.

Except Sherlock and Teen Wolf didn't give into those idiotic shippers.

by Anonymousreply 298April 27, 2019 8:12 AM

How was Voltron shipped?

by Anonymousreply 299April 27, 2019 8:44 AM

R294 no, half of them escaped. Valkyrie is still alive cause she escaped with them.

by Anonymousreply 300April 27, 2019 8:59 AM

I like the Dr. Strange character. I just don't like Benedict Cumberbatch playing him. Or Tilda as the ancient one.

by Anonymousreply 301April 27, 2019 9:18 AM

I was really surprised at how bad Gwyneth looked. I know she's not 20, but she looked downright haggard. Couldn't they have taken care of that with some more makeup or something? Yikes.

by Anonymousreply 302April 27, 2019 9:22 AM

I don’t think her performance was very good either.

by Anonymousreply 303April 27, 2019 9:31 AM

I like how Gwyneth looked tired. I think she’s a good foil for Tony’s enthusiasm and resilience. She’s 100% an introvert and prefers the simple life. The snap gave her the things that she wanted in life but she knew it couldn’t last. So she just bears it all, and the lines in her face deepen.

by Anonymousreply 304April 27, 2019 9:37 AM

R300 really? When ? How?

by Anonymousreply 305April 27, 2019 9:37 AM

loki in it much? odd, he used to be such a big part, dam taylor swift episode ruined his career.

by Anonymousreply 306April 27, 2019 9:38 AM

not only has goop got more old fugly, she is ugly inside.....its in her eyes and tits

by Anonymousreply 307April 27, 2019 9:48 AM

R306 he was always the bad guy. There was a new bad guy now, that killed him. Hence why he’s barely in it.

He’s dead.

Vision wasn’t in it at all. Cause he’s dead.

by Anonymousreply 308April 27, 2019 9:51 AM

capt America is more coveted to the franchise than c hemsworth? they made chris look like shit

by Anonymousreply 309April 27, 2019 9:53 AM

paul rudd. I love him!!! so real and hot and sincerely funny

by Anonymousreply 310April 27, 2019 9:55 AM

did miss marvel have a cold? her mumbly scratchy throat was hideous

by Anonymousreply 311April 27, 2019 9:56 AM

I FAST FORWARDED THRU ALL THE R DOWNEY PARTS

HE BELONGS IN THE HOME FOR RETIRED CLOSETS

by Anonymousreply 312April 27, 2019 9:58 AM

Maybe Carol had throat inflammation from alien vag squirt juices.

by Anonymousreply 313April 27, 2019 10:00 AM

R309 you didn’t know this? Iron Man and Captain America are their two most popular characters. One is a smart mouthed rich genius who has a lot of heart and drive and is troubled but wants to do good, the other the overcomer of bullying with a high moral compass, and All American good looks. Captain America stands for what many All Americans do, or did.

Thor is considered boring outside of Ragnarok and this. His first two solo films are some of the least popular while all three Caps films are celebrated.

by Anonymousreply 314April 27, 2019 10:09 AM

downey is #4 in most polls of popularity

by Anonymousreply 315April 27, 2019 10:18 AM

Watching it now, the first 51 minutes could easily have been chopped off

by Anonymousreply 316April 27, 2019 10:21 AM

Iron Man is what started the MCU and RDJ gets a lot of credit for that because he popularized the character with his snark and attitude.

His movie was the first to also pass the $1 billion that was not Avengers.

Iron Man movies destroyed the box office while the others did decent. It wasn’t until Civil War that another characters film would cross $1 billion, and that was as much Iron Mans movie as Caps.

by Anonymousreply 317April 27, 2019 10:27 AM

incorrect data sir

by Anonymousreply 318April 27, 2019 10:28 AM

Im halfway thru, where fuk is loki????

by Anonymousreply 319April 27, 2019 10:30 AM

Correct data.

by Anonymousreply 320April 27, 2019 10:39 AM

reckon there will be more avengers flix after this so big??

by Anonymousreply 321April 27, 2019 10:48 AM

R261, I'm not sure what is happening here ? I don't hear clearly what is said. They are not happy because he states Cap loves Peggy Carter ?

by Anonymousreply 322April 27, 2019 10:51 AM

pratt seems like such a creep now that we now he a right wing churcher…

fire her asap

by Anonymousreply 323April 27, 2019 10:56 AM

Cheadle alwys seem so out of place, not know why, likeable enuf…..

by Anonymousreply 324April 27, 2019 10:57 AM

Iron Man - $585 million

The Incredible Hulk- $263 million

Iron Man 2 - $623 million

Thor - $449 million

Captain America - $370 million

The Avengers - $1.5 billion

Iron Man 3 - $1.2 billion

Thor: The Dark World - $644 million

Captain America: TWS - $714 million

Guardians of the Galaxy- $773 million

Avengers: Age or Ultron- $1.4 billion

Ant-Man- $519 million

Captain America: Civil War- $1.1 billion

Doctor Strange - $677 million

GOTG Vol 2- $863 million

Spider-Man Homecoming - $880 million

Thor Ragnarok - $853 million

Black Panther - $1.3 billion

Avengers Infinity War -$2 billion

Ant-Man and the Wasp- $622 million

Captain Marvel- $1.1 billion

Avengers Endgame- TBD

So where was the data wrong? He was the first solo movie to cross the billion mark in the MCU, and the only one for years until Civil War, which was as much about him as Captain America. I remember at the time people said it should have been “Avengers Civil War” cause it was an Avengers movie minus Hulk and Thor only.

by Anonymousreply 325April 27, 2019 10:58 AM

R323 that’s his personal life. Idk why people act like you do, he’s an actor doing his job. He owes us nothing.

by Anonymousreply 326April 27, 2019 10:59 AM

from whence came ur info sir

by Anonymousreply 327April 27, 2019 10:59 AM

I saw it today

wtf is the plot ????

why loki not in much

by Anonymousreply 328April 27, 2019 11:02 AM

R327 are you dumb? You can’t even type.

Box Office Mojo, sir. Its easy to find, in case you don’t know how to use the internet for something other than porn.

by Anonymousreply 329April 27, 2019 11:02 AM

R328 learn English.

Why would Loki be in it when he’s dead? Clearly you saw this without seeing Infinity War, which makes no sense.

by Anonymousreply 330April 27, 2019 11:03 AM

honey, plots don't mean shit in this comic world

by Anonymousreply 331April 27, 2019 11:04 AM

kool ur jets mary its only movie $$$$$, which is fake as mammys fritters

by Anonymousreply 332April 27, 2019 11:05 AM

OMG scarlett is so funny, her expression we describe as: constipated rhythm.

by Anonymousreply 333April 27, 2019 11:06 AM

seriously are you all like 11 years old? who gives a shit....

by Anonymousreply 334April 27, 2019 11:07 AM

mr bow and arrow looks like he crawled out of a piss tub in an all niter sex club ecapade.

by Anonymousreply 335April 27, 2019 11:07 AM

I agree with R326. It is personal.

by Anonymousreply 336April 27, 2019 11:08 AM

that Scarlett dies says

there is a god

by Anonymousreply 337April 27, 2019 11:08 AM

Hulk should remake On the Waterfont.

by Anonymousreply 338April 27, 2019 11:10 AM

Yeah, all that “fake money” in RDJ bank account. Lmao.

He didn’t get paid the way he did for nothing. Movies with him make more

by Anonymousreply 339April 27, 2019 11:13 AM

yes mrs downey….

so whut

he still a creep old man who smokes 2 paks a day and chews out da crew with gusto.

yea

by Anonymousreply 340April 27, 2019 11:14 AM

Am dying to see captain America in drag, god what a queen!

by Anonymousreply 341April 27, 2019 11:15 AM

R341 false.

by Anonymousreply 342April 27, 2019 11:16 AM

shit, Hellboy has more heart than this bloated mess.

by Anonymousreply 343April 27, 2019 11:17 AM

Downey alwys looks like he cant wait to go take a nappy poo.

by Anonymousreply 344April 27, 2019 11:18 AM

falsies I tell u, falsies !

by Anonymousreply 345April 27, 2019 11:18 AM

Flying white horses cussin racc(coons)

dear god what must the aliens thing of our ways????

by Anonymousreply 346April 27, 2019 11:21 AM

I want to go on record as NOT believeing the filth that's said bout eroticism tween chris evans and downey, NO Way

by Anonymousreply 347April 27, 2019 11:24 AM

Interesting that in the end a man like Captain America belongs in the past. You had a good run, but you should go back to the 40s propaganda you came from and leave the path to a new generation. And he does, gracefully.

by Anonymousreply 348April 27, 2019 12:04 PM

[quote] 40s propaganda

Is that what Peggy calls her vagina?

by Anonymousreply 349April 27, 2019 12:11 PM

is this really the end? no more capt America or rocketman???

they were our first gay duo.

by Anonymousreply 350April 27, 2019 12:18 PM

Does second fiddle Bucky gets to do anything at all ?

Does he get any interaction with Iron Man who wanted to kill him last time he saw him ?

by Anonymousreply 351April 27, 2019 12:26 PM

Terrence Howard got screwed

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 352April 27, 2019 12:32 PM

[quote]pratt seems like such a creep now that we now he a right wing churcher…

Don't be ridiculous. Chris Pratt is perfect as Star-Lord. Plus he's handsome and straight. I'm wondering about his dick, though. I'm guessing 6-7 inches.

by Anonymousreply 353April 27, 2019 12:35 PM

This thread becomes much more pleasant once you ignore that annoying poster than can barely write in English.

by Anonymousreply 354April 27, 2019 1:00 PM

R354 That poster is clearly not a native English speaker. Probably a bigot from a homophobic country who just stumbled upon our site.

by Anonymousreply 355April 27, 2019 1:24 PM

may the lord have mercy on them that's ridicule the witty ones.

go fuk ur wife.

by Anonymousreply 356April 27, 2019 1:28 PM

Terrence Howard was an awful Rhodey. Glad they got rid of him.

And he wasn’t screwed. He wanted to make the same as RDJ or more for the sequel and they wouldn’t give it to him, of course. He made a big deal, so they said fuck you and recast him to show how unimportant he is as opposed to RDJ

by Anonymousreply 357April 27, 2019 2:19 PM

R351 Bucky was Caps best bud and they clearly still love each other but in modern day Caps and Sam became best friends and I’m sure Sams been there for his more “modern” growth out of his full on 1940s mentality.

He clearly grew closer to Sam over Bucky.

by Anonymousreply 358April 27, 2019 2:20 PM

Chris Pratt is awesome

by Anonymousreply 359April 27, 2019 2:34 PM

Don Cheadle was looking ultrabuff

by Anonymousreply 360April 27, 2019 2:35 PM

PS can you all stop bitching about Caps having a 40s mentality? That’s his era! He grew up in the 30s and 40s. Of course he has their mentality but not the bad stuff. He was all about overcoming and proving people wrong. He roots for underdogs.

He’s not racist and he’s not homophobic.

by Anonymousreply 361April 27, 2019 2:37 PM

Bucky’s role was a little more than a cameo. I’m sure he fought in the big battle but I don’t remember it when CA time travels and doesn’t come back when he is supposed to Bucky seems amused and then he is the one to say where he is. Then he watches over when a not very interesting but diverse actor gets picked as the new CA.

by Anonymousreply 362April 27, 2019 2:38 PM

They found a way to make Chris Hemsworth look unattractive

by Anonymousreply 363April 27, 2019 2:38 PM

[quote]He clearly grew closer to Sam over Bucky.

I don't he grew closer to Sam over Bucky. Civil War is about Capt fighting hard for Bucky to the extent Bucky even says he's not worth it.

I just think he knows that Sam is the one who is suited to carry on his tradition versus Bucky who was still grappling with being a brainwashed assassin.

by Anonymousreply 364April 27, 2019 2:40 PM

I thought goop was only 40 but actually she is closer to 50.

by Anonymousreply 365April 27, 2019 2:47 PM

Goop is almost 50 fools. She was in her 20s 25 years ago.

Caps is close to Sam and Bucky. They’re his two people. He loves Sam and always keeps him and Bucky around.

It’s Bucky and Sam who can’t get along but Caps deals with it to keep his two amigos around.

by Anonymousreply 366April 27, 2019 2:53 PM

R362 you dumbass. In the comics Sam becomes Caps for a while also.

by Anonymousreply 367April 27, 2019 2:54 PM

Thor should have grew his hair back

by Anonymousreply 368April 27, 2019 2:57 PM

The first Thor was good and I liked Natalie Portman in it. She was good and smart and beautiful. It was the sequel that was awful, and she phoned it in.

Mainly cause the script was bad, she knew it was bad, she spoke up about it being bad, and they still kept it and made her do it.

After that she was done.

by Anonymousreply 369April 27, 2019 2:57 PM

I tried to get tickets today every theater in downtown NYC is sold out.

by Anonymousreply 370April 27, 2019 2:58 PM

Why do you losers love terrible CGI and clunky dialogue so much?

by Anonymousreply 371April 27, 2019 2:59 PM

$349 million weekend.

by Anonymousreply 372April 27, 2019 2:59 PM

R370 it’s sold out all over. People preordered.

You can probably find some seats for tomorrow.

by Anonymousreply 373April 27, 2019 2:59 PM

$1 billion global.

by Anonymousreply 374April 27, 2019 3:00 PM

Make it stop. Fucking comic book movies. I was hoping "Bohemian Rhapsody" proved that a film about real adults could make a billion dollars but no... more of this shit.

by Anonymousreply 375April 27, 2019 3:00 PM

The CGI was actually better in this film than it was in Infinity War. I was genuinely impressed, which is saying something because the CGI in these Marvel movies is rarely spectacular.

by Anonymousreply 376April 27, 2019 3:01 PM

R376 agree. This one looked better than Infinity War and I think it’s cause they had more time to finish the product.

IW and this were filmed back to back, no time in between.

by Anonymousreply 377April 27, 2019 3:04 PM

Strange has to be the sorriest Sorcerer Supreme evah. Although I know there’s always the issue of how to treat characters with magical or cosmic powers (Strange, Wanda, Carol, even Phoenix in her upcoming film). You can’t just have them use their powers to end the story, even though it would be the most logical thing to do IRL.

by Anonymousreply 378April 27, 2019 3:04 PM

Fun Fact, when this makes $2 billion Zoe Saldana will be the only actor ever to be in 3 films to cross that much.

by Anonymousreply 379April 27, 2019 3:04 PM

Strange can cast spells and do so much with his powers and he doesn’t.

He could have easily cast a spell on Gauntlet-less Thanos

by Anonymousreply 380April 27, 2019 3:05 PM

I saw a showing at 1:30 this morning, god help me. Disney owns us all.

I liked it but wanted to feel a bit more stirred. It was too long, and the first two hours are slowwwwwwwww.

Plenty of great moments and all that, and clever in how they brought it back to the very beginning of the Marvel film universe.

Exactly, r380. I know it's silly to bitch about things that don't make sense in a superhero movie. And I understand they needed a couple major player deaths to achieve the kind of impact they wanted. But Tony's sacrifice felt a bit inexplicable to me given there were multiple superhuman beings in his direct vicinity. Why couldn't he have just wrapped Danvers in an Iron Man suit with a gauntlet for the stones?

by Anonymousreply 381April 27, 2019 3:07 PM

Danvers would be able to take the snap. But it was in the moment and Tony has a HUGE EGO so I’m not shocked he needed to save the day lol

by Anonymousreply 382April 27, 2019 3:10 PM

Guys thanks for the reviews. You just saved me money. All the Marvel Zombies will eat this shit up. Fuck Disney and fuck Marvel.

by Anonymousreply 383April 27, 2019 3:11 PM

R79 what a dumb and convoluted plot. What a bunch of cunts at Disney.

by Anonymousreply 384April 27, 2019 3:16 PM

I can’t stop crying, why am I such a baby?? 😩

by Anonymousreply 385April 27, 2019 3:19 PM

Not all of us read comic books , dear. I still think the actor is uninteresting r367.

by Anonymousreply 386April 27, 2019 3:19 PM

My friend is still going on an anti Carol Danvers rant and making derogatory statements about her haircut.

by Anonymousreply 387April 27, 2019 3:19 PM

Is Sam in the comic books black ?

Counting the seconds until someone calls me a racist.

by Anonymousreply 388April 27, 2019 3:24 PM

Yes. Falcon has always been black.

by Anonymousreply 389April 27, 2019 3:25 PM

I agree Endgame is better than Infinity mainly because Guardian of the Galaxy scenes in the 2nd were done better.

by Anonymousreply 390April 27, 2019 3:27 PM

Endgame box office total so far is $643M worldwide.

by Anonymousreply 391April 27, 2019 3:27 PM

Sorry Falcon didn’t live up to your misplaced sense of racial grievance r388.

by Anonymousreply 392April 27, 2019 3:27 PM

I liked when Captain America admired his own ass. This really happened.

by Anonymousreply 393April 27, 2019 3:29 PM

r393 Is that gay or just narcissism?

by Anonymousreply 394April 27, 2019 3:33 PM

Besides the cameo from the past MCU-ers, I liked that the Russo Bros included their "Community" stars. Danny Pudi was in one of the Captain America films and Endgame has Ken Jeong and Yvette Nicole Brown.

by Anonymousreply 395April 27, 2019 3:36 PM

R394 do you know what gay means? Cause if he’s attracted to women and acknowledging he has a great ass, that’s not homosexual, that’s a man acknowledging he has a great ass. Narcissism.

by Anonymousreply 396April 27, 2019 3:41 PM

Yvette looked very pretty.

What does Joel McHale have to do for a job ? The poor thing is reduced to doing an animated Star Wars series.

by Anonymousreply 397April 27, 2019 3:41 PM

R388 why does it matter?!

Yes, he was always black and introduced after Bucky dies and him and Caps become best friends that fight off racists and Nazis. He was also a black activist in the comics and Steve Rogers always attended with him and marched with them etc. for acceptance and equality.

by Anonymousreply 398April 27, 2019 3:42 PM

[quote] Portman has the saddest cameo only a few seconds and in the dark.

$500k for a day's work? I am not sad for her.

by Anonymousreply 399April 27, 2019 3:44 PM

Nothing sad about Portman making 6 figures for 10 seconds of screen time.

Shows how much they wanted her to at least make a cameo for fan service.

by Anonymousreply 400April 27, 2019 3:49 PM

I hated how forced that women’s assembly felt during the battle. Very #metoo.

I was waiting for Beyoncé to make a cameo singing “Run The World (Girls)”

by Anonymousreply 401April 27, 2019 3:50 PM

[quote] Watching it now, the first 51 minutes could easily have been chopped off

It could have been an action-packed dazzled if edited down to 110 mins. 3 hrs was too long and it dragged. A shorter length also would have forced a little more rigor in the time travel exposition -- too much and still confusing.

by Anonymousreply 402April 27, 2019 3:51 PM

Black Widow also changed her hairstyle in movie but it wasn’t as severe as Carol’s.

by Anonymousreply 403April 27, 2019 3:52 PM

They made it long so we can spend time with these characters we’ve watched for 11 years before we say bye to some of them for good.

by Anonymousreply 404April 27, 2019 3:53 PM

My favorite line:

Heroine: "You've cost me EVERYTHING! " Villiain : "[Gurl,] I don't even know who you are." Heroine: "You're about to..."

by Anonymousreply 405April 27, 2019 3:54 PM

Black Widow changes her haircut for every movie. She’s never had the same haircut twice.

Her best look to me was Winter Soldier. Very sexy Russian spy

by Anonymousreply 406April 27, 2019 3:54 PM

Wonder why Liupita didn’t make an appearance.

by Anonymousreply 407April 27, 2019 3:55 PM

R407 I said the same thing. She wasn’t in Infinity War or this.

Did T’Challa and her end their romance yet again? Lol

by Anonymousreply 408April 27, 2019 3:57 PM

A 5 second cameo of Jon Favreau would have been better.

by Anonymousreply 409April 27, 2019 4:01 PM

We see him r409 he’s at the funeral and chats with Tony’s daughter

by Anonymousreply 410April 27, 2019 4:03 PM

It reminds me of some people's reaction to the most recent Game of Thrones episode r404.

What is this character development and emotional beats stuff?! I need nonstop action!!!111!!

I expect children to behave that way but not anyone over the age of 20.

by Anonymousreply 411April 27, 2019 4:03 PM

why they included harley from iron man 3 in the funeral

was that kid snapped too or was tony trying to fill his hole mentoring him instead of peter

by Anonymousreply 412April 27, 2019 4:07 PM

[quote] I hated how forced that women’s assembly felt during the battle. Very #metoo.

I found it very corny -- like how is the The Wasp gonna run interference for Capt Marvel. I wish there was more Capt Marvel. I was so excited by her hand-to-hand with the Villain I screamed out loud.

by Anonymousreply 413April 27, 2019 4:07 PM

I never could get into GOT. I really don’t see what’s so amazing about it.

by Anonymousreply 414April 27, 2019 4:07 PM

[quote] why they included harley from iron man 3 in the funeral

He will be the new IM.

by Anonymousreply 415April 27, 2019 4:08 PM

They probably plan on including the kid in the future somehow.

Plus he was a big part of IM3 with Tony. Tony seems to have stayed in contact with him after.

by Anonymousreply 416April 27, 2019 4:09 PM

I'm sure seeing the assembled female superheroes was a powerful moment for the little girls in the audience, especially given how historically male dominated these marvel movies were.

by Anonymousreply 417April 27, 2019 4:10 PM

Wanda went apeshit on Thanos and still she didn’t let completely loose and let her powers absolutely fuck shit up.

I hope one day we get “The House of M” saga in film form with her. I saw a little bit of that in her while battling Thanos.

One day she’s gonna just lose her shit and go nuts and start killing everyone

by Anonymousreply 418April 27, 2019 4:10 PM

I should have posted I wish it was a 5 second cameo instead that dumb scene with Tony’s daughter.

by Anonymousreply 419April 27, 2019 4:10 PM

Because they’re men... reality is men are naturally stronger physically.

by Anonymousreply 420April 27, 2019 4:11 PM

Is this a boxing documentary r420? It's a fantasy universe with sci fi tech, super powers and magic.

by Anonymousreply 421April 27, 2019 4:15 PM

R414 You’re not alone

by Anonymousreply 422April 27, 2019 4:16 PM

R406 I [italic]hated[/italic] that hairstyle. My favourite was in Civil War.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 423April 27, 2019 4:16 PM

Nat dealt with her grief by having a ugly dye job and Thor dealt with his by becoming a fat drunk.

by Anonymousreply 424April 27, 2019 4:20 PM

R424 she cried a lot.

Caps was going to those sessions.

Thor became a drunk.

Iron Man moved to the middle of nowhere and lived a quiet and secluded life.

Hawkeye started killing everyone.

Bruce was the only one that was doing better lmao

by Anonymousreply 425April 27, 2019 4:22 PM

R423 really?! I thought she looked smoking hot in Winter Soldier!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 426April 27, 2019 4:23 PM

I wonder how much money he left for harley/spiderman, who was the favorite and who's gonna be Morgan's adopted brother. I can see spiderman dying to save Morgan in the future, when his contract is over. but don't really know what they're planning with this multiverse. the moment these movies start flopping (cast too young, more like riverdale/descendants) they're bringing cap/tony back

by Anonymousreply 427April 27, 2019 4:25 PM

I liked at the end when Meryl Streep showed up in a Batman suit.

by Anonymousreply 428April 27, 2019 4:28 PM

Why couldn't Thor warn his mother about Malekeith (?) going there and killing her? It's not like she is some very important character that would mess up the timeline much.

by Anonymousreply 429April 27, 2019 4:30 PM

Good question.

by Anonymousreply 430April 27, 2019 4:33 PM

ScarJo reminds me why I am robustly bi. Hot hot hot

by Anonymousreply 431April 27, 2019 4:34 PM

r429 it's very easy to understand why he couldn't, it's explained in the movie in great detail, time for a rewatch

by Anonymousreply 432April 27, 2019 4:38 PM

R426 it makes her look like she has a fivehead.

by Anonymousreply 433April 27, 2019 4:43 PM

[quote]I was really surprised at how bad Gwyneth looked. I know she's not 20, but she looked downright haggard. Couldn't they have taken care of that with some more makeup or something? Yikes.

They could have done something, but maybe she didn't allow them to.

by Anonymousreply 434April 27, 2019 4:49 PM

R420 look out! We got a badass over here.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 435April 27, 2019 4:57 PM

You can't mess up the timeline r429. You only create new timelines.

Thor could have told his Mom so she could try to survive in that timeline, but it wouldn't help his timeline, his mom would still be dead.

You can't fix your present with time travel. What has happened in your timeline has happened, the only thing you can change is the future direction of a timeline.

by Anonymousreply 436April 27, 2019 5:02 PM

I think if they really did have Beyoncé pop up and make a cameo singing Run The World (Girls) that most of DL would have meltdowns.

Or if they just used the song for that scene.

by Anonymousreply 437April 27, 2019 5:04 PM

[quote] I'm sure seeing the assembled female superheroes was a powerful moment for the little girls in the audience, especially given how historically male dominated these marvel movies were.

OK, I'll allow it. It was painfully contrived for everyone but girls aged 6 to 15.

by Anonymousreply 438April 27, 2019 5:04 PM

And yet, R436, old Cap is in the main timeline. His staying in the past should have created a new timeline. Unless he found a way to visit the main one.

by Anonymousreply 439April 27, 2019 5:06 PM

It was contrived period. They can see the female superheroes kicking ass. They don’t need some metoo moment

by Anonymousreply 440April 27, 2019 5:07 PM

R439 I take it as Caps stayed in the other TL, where there were now two Caps.

He stayed with Peggy while the other was frozen.

At some point he found his way back to the main TL where he knew they would eventually be there and waited for them.

by Anonymousreply 441April 27, 2019 5:08 PM

It was a nice nod to the Lady Liberators.

by Anonymousreply 442April 27, 2019 5:08 PM

Yeah off screen Cap had to have jumped back into the main timeline maybe when Peggy died so he could come to the funeral and drop off that shield, but it was handled confusingly, that ending seemed to violate what they spent the whole movie saying.

by Anonymousreply 443April 27, 2019 5:09 PM

Thor started to tell his all knowing Mother who reminded him it wouldn’t do any good.

by Anonymousreply 444April 27, 2019 5:11 PM

I wish we saw more Maria Hill in these movies.

I love her! So pretty!

by Anonymousreply 445April 27, 2019 5:41 PM

I enjoyed Fat Thor.

by Anonymousreply 446April 27, 2019 5:43 PM

I liked Fat Thor. At least he had personality

by Anonymousreply 447April 27, 2019 5:49 PM

I know we figured out what great comic timing Hemsworth had a while back, but his moments with Rene Russo really showed how far he's come as an actor.

I know the Joe Russo cameo from up top was going to be treated as tokenism, and I guess it was, but it also seemed very deliberate to use a gay guy as our window into how the Devastation had affected the regular people. I didn't hate it. I also knew as soon as he started talking that his date was a man.

by Anonymousreply 448April 27, 2019 5:57 PM

Hemsworth was always good with comedy. He sucks at drama.

by Anonymousreply 449April 27, 2019 6:00 PM

R448 in that scene, with the french subtitle, we knew from the start that he was talking about a date with a guy, the pronoum being male/female in french even when it's not in english.

by Anonymousreply 450April 27, 2019 6:31 PM

[quote]You can't mess up the timeline [R429]. You only create new timelines.

So, how do the dusted Avengers eat all come back to the film’s timeline?

by Anonymousreply 451April 27, 2019 6:33 PM

Yeah, R44, just like when we see just the male super heroes together in a fight. Contrived.

by Anonymousreply 452April 27, 2019 6:33 PM

What do you mean? They were brought back to life with the gauntlet r451.

There was no time travel to make it not happen. They all died, and were dead for 5 years til they picked the stones out of other timelines and used their power to bring them all back from the dead.

by Anonymousreply 453April 27, 2019 6:37 PM

And yes, you have to ignore the fact they had the gauntlet right there and say Captain Marvel could have grabbed it and brought Stark back to life.

by Anonymousreply 454April 27, 2019 6:44 PM

For anyone that doesn’t know “The House of M” story, it’s Scarlett Witch (Wanda) finally loses her damn mind and pretty much kills fucking EVERYONE.

They have to stop her cause she’s lost it. They come to the conclusion the only way to stop her is to kill her. Later they show up to speak to her and she’s missing and one by one they start to evaporate, minus Spider-Man, who she doesn’t kill.

It’s an interesting story.

by Anonymousreply 455April 27, 2019 6:45 PM

R454 no she couldn’t.

by Anonymousreply 456April 27, 2019 6:45 PM

I wonder what was their experience while 'dead' and will it ever be mentioned.

by Anonymousreply 457April 27, 2019 6:46 PM

Yes she could have r456. There was nothing stopping them from using the gauntlet again before Cap returned the stones.

by Anonymousreply 458April 27, 2019 6:47 PM

R458 was he dusted by the stones? No. So he can’t be brought back.

R457 they were alive within the stone. Spidey said Doctor Strange kept making portals in there to get them out but it wasn’t working.

by Anonymousreply 459April 27, 2019 7:02 PM

The Stones make you omnipotent, you can do whatever you want, certainly resurrect anyone in anyway.

by Anonymousreply 460April 27, 2019 7:14 PM

Lies r460. That’s why Natasha and Gamora and Vision are permanently dead.

by Anonymousreply 461April 27, 2019 7:21 PM

The stones didn't kill any of them, so the stones can't bring them back.

I can't believe I'm saying this, but Pepper finally getting to be in her Rescue armor was surprisingly delightful.

Namaste.

by Anonymousreply 462April 27, 2019 7:25 PM

Natasha and Gamora were explicitly said they couldn't be brought back because it was a sacrifice to the Soul Stone. That's the reason.

Vision is the mindstone, they would have had to keep the stone to bring him back to life which they wouldn't have done.

Dude, you don't have a leg to stand on. I don't know what you are trying to argue.

by Anonymousreply 463April 27, 2019 7:26 PM

R462 thanks for getting how the stones work.

I am watching The Winter Soldier right now and I forgot how good this one is!!! Amazing. The sexual tension between Steve and Nat is intense at times in this.

by Anonymousreply 464April 27, 2019 7:26 PM

[Quote]The stones didn't kill any of them, so the stones can't bring them back.

Lol, yes the stones that the power to destroy all life in the entire universe. They make you omnipotent, they easily could have brought back Tony.

by Anonymousreply 465April 27, 2019 7:28 PM

Omfg. No they couldn’t.

by Anonymousreply 466April 27, 2019 7:32 PM

[Quote]Spidey said Doctor Strange kept making portals in there to get them out but it wasn’t working.

Uh, you are making up dialogue. Spidey said about all of a sudden he woke up and then Strange showed up making portals and saying they had to help.

by Anonymousreply 467April 27, 2019 7:34 PM

I loved it. Felt overwhelmed by what a downer Infinity Wars was, so this felt more balanced and less like a placeholder. I cried a lot in it - have seen all the movies so really sad to see this come to an end, sort of.

Loved Thor throughout, love him with Rocket. Is Hemsworth going to be in the next Guardians movie? Ending set that up.

Renner and Goop looked a decade older than the others, except RDJ and Cheadle who are actually a lot older. Goop has aged terribly, which I love.

I’ve always been a big BW fan, so her end came as a brutal shocker to me, esp to save someone as useless and out of place as Hawkeye. I liked having one woman in the original Avengers and I loved her dynamic with Hulk.

Rudd was brilliant. He handled a fab dramatic scene at the beginning and showed range I never dreamed he had. He also delivered a lot of great comic lines throughout.

Robert Redford has also aged terribly.

I loved the Cap/Iron Man relationship throughout - have shipped their love/hate since Civil War.

Loved seeing Tessa Thompson but was she going for an Aussie like accent? Cause that didn’t work. And did Wanda redevelop her accent too? Sounded like that when she fought Thanos.

Brie Larson should fire the folks that let her don that shit short hair. She’s only marginally attractive with long hair.

Goop in the final fight scene was random and bizarre.

Cap should have had that last scene with Bucky and Bucky should have received the shield. If only for more sexual tension and as a nod to their shippers.

by Anonymousreply 468April 27, 2019 7:55 PM

Black Widow dying for Hawkeye was bullshit. No one in the audience cares about him.

Black Widow basically repeating Gamora’s death scene was double bullshit. Somebody at Marvel hates ScarJo.

by Anonymousreply 469April 27, 2019 8:13 PM

I had to check the cam version to make sure I wasn't crazy, r459 is definitely just makin shit up. There was no alive in the stones bullshit that Spidey talks about, they were dead for 5 years.

by Anonymousreply 470April 27, 2019 8:14 PM

R455 House of M wrecked X-Men. It’s really overrated as an Arc.

On Earth-58163 Bobby Drake is a straight and also an asshole, acting like a proudboy in abetting Apocalpyse in trying to conquer Wakanda. My OTL John Allerdyce becomes a genocidial visier murdering aboriginals. DNW.

by Anonymousreply 471April 27, 2019 8:14 PM

[quote]Black Widow dying for Hawkeye was bullshit. No one in the audience cares about him.

So you answered it yourself why Black Widow was the one to die.

[quote]Black Widow basically repeating Gamora’s death scene was double bullshit

Someone had to repeat Gamora's death. As soon as you saw it in Infinity War you just knew there was going to be a scene like this in the sequel where someone dies.

by Anonymousreply 472April 27, 2019 8:16 PM

The parallel of the deaths were meant to show you want real sacrifice looked like and how wrong Thanos was. Natasha killed herself because she wouldn't let her best friend die and did it to save the world. Thanos chucked her daughter off a cliff to destroy the world. As Gamora said, "This isn't love." One was an act of love, the other wasn't.

by Anonymousreply 473April 27, 2019 8:19 PM

I mean it is Chekhov's gun, everyone was predicting who would die for them to get the soul stone. I remember the theories after Infinity War came out everyone thought it was going to be Steve and Tony in such a scene.

by Anonymousreply 474April 27, 2019 8:22 PM

[quote]Brie Larson should fire the folks that let her don that shit short hair.

Let her live her dyke life. I swear nothing made me think the character might be gay until they gave her that haircut, now I wonder if Marvel is actually going there.

by Anonymousreply 475April 27, 2019 8:25 PM

For a scene like that to work, you have to be invested in both characters. Find me 5 audience members who care about Hawkeye

by Anonymousreply 476April 27, 2019 8:25 PM

R475 no mirrors in space

by Anonymousreply 477April 27, 2019 8:26 PM

Doesn’t Captain Marvel have a short haircut in the comics?

by Anonymousreply 478April 27, 2019 8:28 PM

[quote]I wonder what was their experience while 'dead' and will it ever be mentioned.

Spidey tells Tony that he thought he just feel asleep but when he woke up Tony was gone.

The ramifications of the 5 years gone thing will have to play out in every movie though. I mean half of Spidey's highschool class will be long graduated and gone and the peeps who were dead will now be with new classmates.

by Anonymousreply 479April 27, 2019 8:32 PM

[quote]There was no time travel to make it not happen. They all died, and were dead for 5 years til they picked the stones out of other timelines and used their power to bring them all back from the dead.

Killing billions of people seems so much easier to swallow than recreating each of them, intact, from nothingness. How did they know the stones would be able to do that?

So many questions. No ill effects from being dusted and recomposed five years later? Did they age? Where does everyone reappear? Where they vanished? What if they vanished on a crashing vehicle?

The heroes sure seemed to have hit the ground running, getting everyone and their armies together and transported to the battle in mere minutes. I’m impressed.

Think of the legal mess: Where they What happens to all their stuff? Do they get it back from the people who’ve owned it for the past five years? Are subsequent marriages annulled? What a mess.

I think messing with the time line would be much neater.

Glad it’s just a comic book movie.

by Anonymousreply 480April 27, 2019 8:35 PM

The CGI that made Michael Douglas look young was really good.

I remember him from The Streets of San Francisco, tv show from the 70s, and he really did have that hair and look like that.

Slattery’s was a little fuzzy.

by Anonymousreply 481April 27, 2019 8:40 PM

[Quote]The heroes sure seemed to have hit the ground running, getting everyone and their armies together and transported to the battle in mere minutes. I’m impressed.

This was Doctor Strange's whole plan remember, he was ready to spring into action as soon as he was back. And helpfully he has teleportation skills.

by Anonymousreply 482April 27, 2019 8:45 PM

Why the fuck is Chris Evans so good looking? Life isn’t fair.

by Anonymousreply 483April 27, 2019 8:47 PM

Money helps r483. He wouldn't have that "hair" without money, it started leaving him years back.

by Anonymousreply 484April 27, 2019 8:49 PM

If this was all Dr. Strange’s plan, why didn’t he brief Tony or Bruce so that they could have executed the time travel more promptly instead of just hoping they might figure it out some day and letting every being in the universe suffer for five long years?

by Anonymousreply 485April 27, 2019 8:50 PM

R484 I always bring that up and people think I’m lying. I remember in the early 2010s him being honest about losing his hair and going bald.

by Anonymousreply 486April 27, 2019 8:50 PM

Because it happening this way was the only way they were successful r485. Strange looked at what, 14 million timelines and it happening this way was apparently the only time it worked out. Just got to go with it.

You know they just had to wait 5 years for a rat to let out Ant Man apparently lol.

by Anonymousreply 487April 27, 2019 8:54 PM

R487 exactly. Don’t mess with it. Just let it flow and hope it works.

by Anonymousreply 488April 27, 2019 8:57 PM

I am watching Winter Soldier and I forgot how hot Frank Grillo is in this.

by Anonymousreply 489April 27, 2019 8:57 PM

does Evans get his tits out for this one?

by Anonymousreply 490April 27, 2019 8:58 PM

R490 no.

by Anonymousreply 491April 27, 2019 8:58 PM

Evans has gotten hotter with age. I find him sexier than Hemsworth in these movies.

by Anonymousreply 492April 27, 2019 8:59 PM

I suppose the “answer” is that Dr. Strange simulated the outcome if he told them what to do, and it didn’t work. Only the rat stepping on the control board five years later would do. Hmph.

by Anonymousreply 493April 27, 2019 9:01 PM

Evans is the hottest. Most people would say that. All over the internet he worshipped as Caps. Go on “Ladyboners” subreddit and he’s posted there numerous times daily. He’s literally their most posted male celeb ever.

R490 here, for you.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 494April 27, 2019 9:02 PM

You all are forgetting it was better to let fate run vs. try to take control of it cause maybe it needed to be the right TIMING also.

by Anonymousreply 495April 27, 2019 9:03 PM

r491 fack! i am not gonna watch it then

by Anonymousreply 496April 27, 2019 9:07 PM

Yep r411, Chris Evans gave an interview about how he was going bald and he was nervous about how that would affect playing Captain America. Of course, Marvel is able to just give him gorgeous locks anyway.

[quote]I have no problem saying this, but I'm losing my hair," Chris Evans "The fear is this [role] can span 10 years, so I can be doing this character until I'm 40," he explained. "I'm supposed to be like this superior human. He can't be balding." "How horrible would it be if this superior man has male pattern baldness?"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 497April 27, 2019 9:13 PM

Chris Evans has actually never been shirtless outside of the first Captain America movie, it is Chris Hemsworth who takes his shirt off in every Marvel movie.

by Anonymousreply 498April 27, 2019 9:15 PM

Anyone in this trashy movie get their tits out? Please don't tell me everyone's favourite Asian actress Scarlet shows em

by Anonymousreply 499April 27, 2019 9:17 PM

Hemsworth is shirtless again, but it is to show off how they made Thor fat now.

by Anonymousreply 500April 27, 2019 9:18 PM

This movie doesn’t show off it’s cast in a sexual way. I loved it.

And Evans has to be shirtless all the time in Fantastic 4. Not as Caps.

by Anonymousreply 501April 27, 2019 9:21 PM

[quote]This movie doesn’t show off it’s cast in a sexual way. I loved it.

Cap's ass gets lots of love.

by Anonymousreply 502April 27, 2019 9:25 PM

Chris Evans doesn't even have that great of an ass is the ironic part of all the attention in this movie, he is no Henry Cavill or something. He even used a butt double for that one movie he did so it would look better.

by Anonymousreply 503April 27, 2019 9:29 PM

My only hope would have been to have black panther and bucky dping cap

by Anonymousreply 504April 27, 2019 9:33 PM

r416 There's a theory that goes around every now and then they're setting up a Young Avengers group, now that Cassie Lang is older, as well as Hawkeyes daughter, all they need is the Scarlet Witch to get menopausal andcreate some twins, and it'd work with Harley in the role as Iron Lad. Failing that just make him a side character in Spider-Man. Where preferably they both realise they're gay.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 505April 27, 2019 9:40 PM

[quote]and it'd work with Harley in the role as Iron Lad.

Yeah, I jus saw one theory that the hammering sound you hear at the very end of the film is Harley making an Iron Man suit. I don't know if I believe that theory especially since if Harley was so important to Phase 4 of the MCU they would have him interact with someone versus giving him a no dialogue cameo.

by Anonymousreply 506April 27, 2019 9:44 PM

Ty Simpkins grew up. I remember first seeing him as Patrick Wilson's son in Little Children.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 507April 27, 2019 9:46 PM

r506 He's in some sort of weird place as a character. They invited Simpkins to the 10 years of Marvel group photo (3rd row middle left behind Falcon) which to me implies the character is still vaguely important. But if they were actually planning anything big with the character it would have been pretty easy just to give him a line in Endgame, or have Tony name drop him as a lead to that.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 508April 27, 2019 9:58 PM

Just saw it ...

I'm assuming from previous posts we are going all in on spoilers.

The time travel "rules" were bullshit. That said - I still really enjoyed this move.

To those who say, "another comic book movie" .... this film had a LOT of genuinely good acting and emotional payoff. I was as shocked as anyone, so don't discount it.

We will see as the year goes on, but RDJ (as of now) deceivers an Oscar nom. Of course, more movies will come out as the year goes on, but as of now, he was pretty damn good.

Didn't use Brie much, and with a character with her power-set, I'm not sure it worked plot wise, but had they used her more, it just wouldn't have worked. Karen Gillan was amazing.

by Anonymousreply 509April 27, 2019 10:31 PM

[quote]The time travel "rules" were bullshit.

Maybe, but they're also pretty consistent with how time travel is portrayed in Marvel Comics generally.

by Anonymousreply 510April 27, 2019 10:35 PM

"Flick me" - Ant-Man, bending over, ass akimbo in Tony Stark's face as he's on his shoulder had to be an inside joke.

Bucky knew Cap wasn't coming back in real time, or if he did he wouldn't be current Cap. "I'll miss you" he tells Cap, even though Cap was supposed to be back in 5 seconds. You could tell Bucky's facial expression with that slight smile.

Lord help me I actually liked Gwyneth Paltrow in this. I like how she didn't make a big fuss during Stark's last moments.

Thanos was the most compelling character in both Infinity War and Endgame. I don't know how they outdo Thanos when it comes to another villain. I'll watch for the new villain to be gendered as a female.

by Anonymousreply 511April 27, 2019 10:38 PM

Well, unless they do Doctress Doom or Miss Galactus....

by Anonymousreply 512April 27, 2019 10:42 PM

I liked GOOP in this too. R511

Her subtlety was lovely as he died. She remained calm but looked sad. But she had already came to terms with it, almost as if she has prepped for this moment each time he goes on a mission.

I think that’s why she came to help on this one, maybe she had a feeling something was wrong.

by Anonymousreply 513April 27, 2019 10:49 PM

Frank Grillo is so hot

by Anonymousreply 514April 27, 2019 11:06 PM

I thought for sure Gamora would be back permanently.

by Anonymousreply 515April 27, 2019 11:07 PM

I can't imagine she won't be. But it's going to be Gamora 2.0.

by Anonymousreply 516April 27, 2019 11:10 PM

No. Gamora can’t come back and 2014 Gamora doesn’t know these people.

by Anonymousreply 517April 27, 2019 11:10 PM

She knows Nebula.

by Anonymousreply 518April 27, 2019 11:13 PM

[quote]2014 Gamora doesn’t know these people.

True, but Gamora will obviously be in Guardians 3 so I assume it will be a redux of the first Guardian with Gamora forging a new relationship with the team and Nebula.

by Anonymousreply 519April 27, 2019 11:15 PM

We're basically going to get Gamora without the character development seen in Guardians, Guardians 2, and Infinity War, which... is kind of tragic, but hopefully they'll be able to keep the character compelling going forward. It'll be a unique challenge.

I remember reading that Guardians 3 already had a script by Gunn. I assume he already solved these problems if he was privy to the events in Endgame, which would mean he's already written a script with new Gamora and Thor in it?

by Anonymousreply 520April 27, 2019 11:17 PM

No, Gunn’s script has no Thor and has the old Gamora. He didn’t know what would happen in Xfinity War or Endgame.

[quote]There was no alive in the stones bullshit that Spidey talks about, they were dead for 5 years.

Of course they were alive in the stones. If they were really dead, they can’t be resurrected. Scott’s daughter even calls him from inside the stones.

by Anonymousreply 521April 27, 2019 11:20 PM

why such emotion, there will be MANY MORE SEQUELS.

FOLLOW THE $$$ BB

by Anonymousreply 522April 27, 2019 11:20 PM

[quote]why such emotion, there will be MANY MORE SEQUELS.

More sequels but without RDJ and Chris Evans unless Marvel wants to give RDJ another $80 million contract and get Evans a deal on par with that. This is the end of Phases One through Three. No one things the MCU is ending especially since The Black Widow standalone, Guardians 3 and Shang-Chi are in the pipeline.

by Anonymousreply 523April 27, 2019 11:24 PM

Scott's daughter was alive the whole time. What are you even talking about? Are you just going to keep making up bullshit to support your "they were alive in the stones" fairy tale? ( Also do you realize the stones were destroyed so your story of them being asleep inside doesn't even make sense)

Guys, do you remember the scene where Stark sneaks and and gives Peter a wedgie while he is asleep inside the stones!

They were dead Rose.

by Anonymousreply 524April 27, 2019 11:27 PM

Meant his wife, not daughter.

by Anonymousreply 525April 27, 2019 11:29 PM

Rewatching Infinity Wars .

by Anonymousreply 526April 27, 2019 11:32 PM

America’s ASS

by Anonymousreply 527April 27, 2019 11:33 PM

I'd disagree with that strenuously R510 going off the "Age of Ultron" storyline where it was established that changing the past, changes the future.

That said, it's a move. I'm not going to get that into the quibbles.

by Anonymousreply 528April 28, 2019 12:02 AM

I think they way they handled time travel was wise. It circumvents the whole "why can't they just go back in time to fix this" problem of introducing time travel. It's not a deus ex machina that can fix everything.

Plus it didnt cheapen the climax of Infinity Wars, those deaths did happen and even though they were brought back there are real repercussions rather than making it so it never happened.

by Anonymousreply 529April 28, 2019 12:10 AM

Did kd lang design Carol's funeral outfit?

Cap's old man makeup looked liked it was modeled after Clint Eastwood's face.

by Anonymousreply 530April 28, 2019 12:23 AM

Carol is a dyke now.

by Anonymousreply 531April 28, 2019 12:26 AM

[quote] Did kd lang design Carol's funeral outfit?

lol, r530. I loved it.

Brie Larsen had more charisma here than in CM

by Anonymousreply 532April 28, 2019 12:43 AM

R532 ironically she filmed this one before CM

by Anonymousreply 533April 28, 2019 12:44 AM

I think 2014 Gamora got snapped and Quill was searching for original Gamora at the end...

by Anonymousreply 534April 28, 2019 12:48 AM

So Gamora is done forever? That’s sad.

by Anonymousreply 535April 28, 2019 12:50 AM

No, 2014 Gamora is now in this timeline but she went off somewhere and Quill is trying to find her.

by Anonymousreply 536April 28, 2019 12:51 AM

I don't know a thing about publishing rights as those pertain to use of songs, but, say, is it too much to hope that the now obscure person who wrote "Come and Get Your Love" by Redbone is a sudden millionaire from Marvel's use of that song in GOTG and now A:E?

Or, is it more likely that, long ago, their recording company bought the rights to those songs in those notoriously unfair recording contracts and pockets those proceeds?

by Anonymousreply 537April 28, 2019 12:59 AM

R536 But why would she run off? Why wouldn't she want to be with her sister that convinced her that they were capable of sisterly love? Why wouldn't she want to at least talk to the man who she loved in another life? Running off doesn't make much sense. It makes more sense that Tony snapped everyone who came through from the 2014 timeline, including her. Hence why she was not there at the end, not because she randomly ran away.

by Anonymousreply 538April 28, 2019 1:00 AM

Della, Come and Get Your Love isn’t an obscure song.

by Anonymousreply 539April 28, 2019 1:00 AM

[quote] I’ve always been a big BW fan, so her end came as a brutal shocker to me, esp to save someone as useless and out of place as Hawkeye.

Agree. This would have been the perfect time for Hawkeye to die. I guess in the MCU, an unmarried, barren woman has no value. Filmmakers should have considered that message -which was not sufficiently negated by the all-female attack scene.

by Anonymousreply 540April 28, 2019 1:02 AM

It's a fun idea r538, but Gamora is gonna be in Guardians 3 and you know it. I mean the movie ends with Quill looking for her.

by Anonymousreply 541April 28, 2019 1:02 AM

Why would she wanna know the guys her alternate version loved? She hated him the minute she met him lol

by Anonymousreply 542April 28, 2019 1:04 AM

[quote]why would she run off? Why wouldn't she want to be with her sister that convinced her that they were capable of sisterly love? Why wouldn't she want to at least talk to the man who she loved in another life? Running off doesn't make much sense.

It's a life that and experience that she didn't earn. A life she doesn't know so why would she stay. Her world has been shaken. But you obviously want this to be true so let it be your own head canon.

by Anonymousreply 543April 28, 2019 1:06 AM

R537 The songwriter Lolly Vegas died in 2010. His estate probably received a boost in royalty income after GOTG came out. Hard to tell if it was a large amount.

by Anonymousreply 544April 28, 2019 1:06 AM

Professor Hulk was hot as fuuuuuuuuuuu

by Anonymousreply 545April 28, 2019 1:14 AM

[quote]The CGI that made Michael Douglas look young was really good. Slattery’s was a little fuzzy.

It's easier when they have something to base the look on. That's why Sam Jackson's CGI in Captain Marvel was so good - they based it on how he looked in "The Negotiator".

by Anonymousreply 546April 28, 2019 1:35 AM

I noticed the Mike Douglas young CGI look in one of the Antman movies - and Streets of San Francisco is the first thing that entered my head. One of the Antenna TV stations used to play the Quinn Martin productions - but have not seen any of them in a while.

by Anonymousreply 547April 28, 2019 1:38 AM

[Quote] The sexual tension between Steve and Nat is intense at times in this.

It really was. And I'm sure none of it had to do with the fact that ScarJo's worked with Chris before. There's just no way they haven't fucked.

They should've gone for it and paired them up in these movies.

by Anonymousreply 548April 28, 2019 2:12 AM

R548 Caps wouldn’t date Nat. He has such a strong moral compass it’s insane, he wouldn’t fuck his co-worker friend.

The sexual tension feels more just those two than the characters. It felt NATURAL. And I’ve heard they fucked many times. He also fucked Liz Olsen.

by Anonymousreply 549April 28, 2019 2:40 AM

This could be fake, but....

"Man beaten up outside cinema for leaking Avengers: Endgame spoilers

The man was leaving the three-hour screening of Avengers: Endgame when he revealed several spoilers to crowds waiting to watch the movie in Causeway Bay, Hong Kong. "

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 550April 28, 2019 2:54 AM

Snitches get stitches ^

by Anonymousreply 551April 28, 2019 2:58 AM

I don't think Slattery used any CGI to look younger. Never a good idea to have a big scene with a actor wearing old age makeup or CGI. The only time it worked was that Ben Button movie.

by Anonymousreply 552April 28, 2019 3:04 AM

I wonder since we found out what a terrible person Pratt is I wonder if Hemsworth is a kinda a replacement ? Will he be in the next Guardian ?

by Anonymousreply 553April 28, 2019 3:07 AM

I loved it ! Very entertaining and fun. The elevator scene, cap fighting himself, Tony meeting his father. All excellent scenes. Thor and Hulk are fun. Too much Nebula and Gamora aiming to please their sadistic father. Too long and repetitive. I wish Bucky got a short scene to redeem himself in Tony's eyes, saving Peter or Pepper. Just so people other than Cap get that he was worth saving.

I agree with those who said it was heteronormative, but I still liked it a lot and they made it work.

Oh, I really like Rocket.

by Anonymousreply 554April 28, 2019 3:10 AM

Is Mr. Jennifer Connelly Vision ?

by Anonymousreply 555April 28, 2019 3:30 AM

R555. Yep. AKA Paul Bettany.

by Anonymousreply 556April 28, 2019 3:31 AM

And Connelly's the voice of Spider-Man's suit.

by Anonymousreply 557April 28, 2019 3:32 AM

By the way, what a resurgence Bettany had. I loved him in the early 00s and then he disappeared. I'm glad he got a plum gig in these Marvel movies. Jarvis and Vision were really cool characters.

by Anonymousreply 558April 28, 2019 3:33 AM

[Quote] Caps wouldn’t date Nat. He has such a strong moral compass it’s insane, he wouldn’t fuck his co-worker friend.

Yeah I know.

by Anonymousreply 559April 28, 2019 3:38 AM

Isn’t there a Vision/Wanda movie coming out? I think on TV (wherever the Bucky/Falcon movie will be).

And isn’t there a Black Widow movie in the works with Scar Jo in it?

by Anonymousreply 560April 28, 2019 3:40 AM

A Vision/Wanda series on Disney+ titled WandaVision. Elisabeth Olsen says it will take place in the 50s.

There will also be Loki series and Bucky/Falcon series.

The Black Widow standalone is still casting. David Harbour of Stranger Things, Rachel Weisz and Florence Pugh will costar.

by Anonymousreply 561April 28, 2019 3:43 AM

I thought there was a rumour that Black Widow could be R rated? And I think the same has been said about Birds Of Prey.

by Anonymousreply 562April 28, 2019 4:03 AM

How would the Wanda Vision show be set in the 50s? Wanda going to pull a Cap and go live in the past?

by Anonymousreply 563April 28, 2019 4:07 AM

[quote]I thought there was a rumour that Black Widow could be R rated?

I'm sure with the buying of Fox they will still release R rated films on that shingle but not through Disney/Marvel or LucasFilms.

[quote]How would the Wanda Vision show be set in the 50s? Wanda going to pull a Cap and go live in the past

Don't know but per Olsen. “There’s quite a few other comic books that we’re pulling from and it’s going to be Wanda and the Vision, and I think at the Disney+ launch chat, they showed a photo of us in the ’50s,” Olsen says. “So I think that’s a good teaser.”

by Anonymousreply 564April 28, 2019 4:13 AM

Wait, so these people are reduced to doing streaming TV shows now? What a cum down.

by Anonymousreply 565April 28, 2019 4:16 AM

Olsen is already doing a streaming shows. She has a show on Facebook Watch that was renewed for a second season.

by Anonymousreply 566April 28, 2019 4:17 AM

r539, yes, you're correct of course ad I know CAGYL isn't obscure. It was a huge hit and deserved to be. My use of "obscure" was applied to the songwriter.

Thanks r544.

I was surprised, in a good way, to hear Traffic's "Mr Fantasy" over the intro Marvel Studios logo.

by Anonymousreply 567April 28, 2019 5:09 AM

[quote]Scott's daughter was alive the whole time. What are you even talking about? Are you just going to keep making up bullshit to support your "they were alive in the stones" fairy tale? ( Also do you realize the stones were destroyed so your story of them being asleep inside doesn't even make sense)

Obviously I was referring to his wife, not daughter, and you knew that so stop playing coy. They even had the dramatic scene of his cell phone ringing on the kitchen table with her name and face on it! And I never said they were asleep inside the stones. They were awake and actively trying to get out, hence, Dr. Strangelove making all those portals to no avail. They could’ve had a whole life in there for you you know.

by Anonymousreply 568April 28, 2019 5:26 AM

[quote]They were awake and actively trying to get out, hence, Dr. Strangelove making all those portals to no avail. They could’ve had a whole life in there for you you know.

Everyone has their own interpretation of that but Peter told Tony that he must have passed out and when he woke up Dr. Strange told him it had been five years and he started making the portals and told him that they needed their help. I take that to mean that there didn't exist, the reverse snap brought them to existence again and Dr. Strange got straightaway to getting everyone assembled.

by Anonymousreply 569April 28, 2019 5:55 AM

R566 what the fuck is Facebook Watch?

by Anonymousreply 570April 28, 2019 6:06 AM

I haven't seen any Marvel movies up to this point. Is it possible to enjoy Endgame without knowing anything that has occurred in any of the prior movies?

by Anonymousreply 571April 28, 2019 6:10 AM

571 why would you? It’s like watching the last episode of a show you’ve never seen

by Anonymousreply 572April 28, 2019 7:17 AM

Not sure if you’re trolling, but no...not really, R571. You are going to not only be confused by everyone being sad about the snap, but also by every scene in the past. You will miss almost every single joke in the film.

With that said, your lack of having seen these films demonstrated that you don’t particularly care or take movies very seriously. So maybe you should just go for it.

by Anonymousreply 573April 28, 2019 7:19 AM

I’ve never seen any other Marvel movies and I loved it. My favorites were the talking monkey and the space dyke and the gay archer.

by Anonymousreply 574April 28, 2019 7:44 AM

R568 Hawkeyes got a phone call from his wife just after Hulk "snapped" people back to life. For the wife, she is in the park with their children, and she doesn't understand why her husband is not there, so she try to contact him through his phone. That's how we understand that Hulk's snapped worked without having to get them out of the Avenger's building and get them attacked by Thanos straight away.

by Anonymousreply 575April 28, 2019 7:47 AM

Poor Thor, stuck with a homophobic ass and being fat,

by Anonymousreply 576April 28, 2019 7:49 AM

Pratt has said nothing homophobic

by Anonymousreply 577April 28, 2019 9:21 AM

ITS A PIECE OF SHIT WID OUT LOKI

by Anonymousreply 578April 28, 2019 9:42 AM

R578 whatever you say, Hiddles.

by Anonymousreply 579April 28, 2019 9:56 AM

Pratt = Gay ex-escort

by Anonymousreply 580April 28, 2019 10:11 AM

He's a member of an anti-gay church...

by Anonymousreply 581April 28, 2019 11:38 AM

R581 ok and?

by Anonymousreply 582April 28, 2019 11:50 AM

Small detail that I didn't notice until it was pointed out: None of the characters who were Snapped were in the Marvel Studios logo.

[quote]I don't think Slattery used any CGI to look younger. Never a good idea to have a big scene with a actor wearing old age makeup or CGI. The only time it worked was that Ben Button movie.

They absolutely ran him through the same de-aging filter they've used before. It's amazing how much better it's gotten since Civil War. In addition to Michael Douglas looking like himself from Streets of San Francisco, Stan Lee looked just like he did in the 70s.

I do wonder why they chose to CGI Slattery instead of aging up Dominic West, since that would have been far cheaper.

by Anonymousreply 583April 28, 2019 11:58 AM

Once again you made you made all that up r568, maybe watch the movie again. Thankfully other posters have already corrected you.

by Anonymousreply 584April 28, 2019 11:59 AM

What was the point of Nick Fury paging Captain Marvel at the end of Infinity War? She didn't do shit in Endgame.

by Anonymousreply 585April 28, 2019 12:18 PM

R581 Aren’t most churches anti gay?

by Anonymousreply 586April 28, 2019 12:32 PM

R585 did you miss the opening where she showed up to take Thanos down with them?

by Anonymousreply 587April 28, 2019 12:37 PM

R520 Since James Gunn is executive producer on Infinity war and Endgame, he must have had an idea of who was alive and who was dead/replaced for his next GotG script.

by Anonymousreply 588April 28, 2019 12:43 PM

Here's specifically what Spider-Man told Tony about his experience with The Snap:

[quote]Do you remember when we were in space? And I got all dusty, and I must have passed out because I woke up and you were gone but Doctor Strange was there right? And he was like, "It's been five years. Come on. They need us." And then he started doing the yellow sparkly thing that he does all the time...

He's then interrupted by Tony's hug. The snapped weren't conscious, or stuck anywhere trying to get out. To them it was like no time had passed at all, and they were brought back exactly where they disappeared.

by Anonymousreply 589April 28, 2019 12:47 PM

I think that poster has it set in their mind what they want to believe and no actual facts presented in the movie are going to change that r589.

by Anonymousreply 590April 28, 2019 12:49 PM

Interesting article about the lack of interaction between Steve and Bucky. No, you don't have to be a tin-hat shipper to want the two friends to talk a bit. Or wonder why Bucky didn't get to do anything at all.

Other than that, awesome movie.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 591April 28, 2019 1:03 PM

All those people who were dusted in airplanes, subways, or ships. Dead.

Even if some poor sap's wife moved the furniture, he might have come back in the middle of the coffee table. Dead.

by Anonymousreply 592April 28, 2019 1:05 PM

I’ve been reading comic books since the 80’s. The movie was okay. Some of these nerds are just way over the top about it. Crying? Really?

by Anonymousreply 593April 28, 2019 1:05 PM

[quote]What was the point of Nick Fury paging Captain Marvel at the end of Infinity War? She didn't do shit in Endgame.

Her first act was to save Tony and Nebula.

by Anonymousreply 594April 28, 2019 1:06 PM

I mean the effect on society of half the population reappearing after 5 years is what gets me r592. We are looking at 50% unemployment, school classrooms becoming super overcrowded, rampant homelessness. This is a world has had 5 years to adjust to half as many people existing. The strain of trying to deal would be crazy if you think logically.

by Anonymousreply 595April 28, 2019 1:12 PM

Thanos did nothing wrong.

by Anonymousreply 596April 28, 2019 1:13 PM

Given how much of this movie is fan service r591, it is a little surprising they didn't throw a bone to the Steve/Bucky shippers by giving them some little moment.

by Anonymousreply 597April 28, 2019 1:22 PM

Cap did kind of throw away his career and go into hiding...just for Bucky.

by Anonymousreply 598April 28, 2019 1:24 PM

What got me, is that despite the fact that half the population disapeared, they somehow managed to keep a thrieving automotive industry. The avengers flashing their fancy new cars, when in some place like Antman's street you have rooting cars without their tyres, is a sign that they couldn't finance the movie without product placements.

by Anonymousreply 599April 28, 2019 1:25 PM

I guess we will await the new thread.

Fin.

by Anonymousreply 600April 28, 2019 1:27 PM

ask and you shall receive

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 601April 28, 2019 1:39 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!