Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Yuzuru Hanyu and other figure skating talk part 23

We can continue discussing here.

by Anonymousreply 601March 21, 2019 11:48 AM

Link to previous thread.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1March 8, 2019 7:45 PM

So 2020 Junior Worlds

3 spots for USA

3 for Russia

2 for Italy

2 for Canada

2 for France

2 for Georgia

2 for Japan

rest with 1

JUNIOR GPs....

2 spots in each GP: USA, Russia and Italy

1 spot in each GP: Canada, Francia and Georgia

(Canada would be entitled to fill in top 3 leave some spots vacant which will be likely for Italy)

1 spot in 6 GPs out of 7: Azerbaijan, Czech Republic, Ukraine, Israel

1 spot in 5 GPs: Austria, Turkey, South Korea, Sweden, Germany

1 spot in.4 GPs: China, Estonia, Thailandia. Belarus

1 spot in 3 GPs: Switzerland, Kazakhstan, Croatia, Spain, Bulgaria, Great Britain, Poland

I may have got something wrong with the GPs entries.

by Anonymousreply 2March 8, 2019 8:50 PM

R2 The Italian men did very well this week. I can't wait to see more meltdowns from Rizzo once Grassl starts surpassing him. Those Italians know how to do K&Cs (looking at you, Marilu).

by Anonymousreply 3March 8, 2019 8:58 PM

Rizzo upped his game after being beaten by Grassl at Nationals. At this speed, they will do 4As before everyone else just not to lose the inter-regional competition

by Anonymousreply 4March 8, 2019 9:03 PM

Does anyone know how do spots/quotas for JGP work?

by Anonymousreply 5March 9, 2019 2:55 AM

It’s Jun in the background of the bunny ear video

by Anonymousreply 6March 9, 2019 4:20 AM

Thanks R6!

Ladies FS at Universiade streaming live now, with P. J. commentating.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7March 9, 2019 4:39 AM

R6 It's Yuzuru. Not sure about shoes but I noticed his bag. And the hair is also more like Yuzuru's. especially the bang.

by Anonymousreply 8March 9, 2019 5:15 AM

WTF was Savosin's coach wearing? A full on military ensemble with a bandolier slung over his shoulder like a beauty pageant sash (with what looks like actual bullets).

R8 it's definitely his ass.

by Anonymousreply 9March 9, 2019 5:46 AM

I could have sworn I heard the Russian commentators say "Vladimir Putin" while they were showing the K&C with the guy in the military regalia R9.

by Anonymousreply 10March 9, 2019 5:53 AM

You guys would make great bird watchers. I can't tell if it's Yuzu or Jun. The long legs make me think Jun - but Yuzu has long legs too - they just look so alike from a distance, especially when you can't see the face very well.

by Anonymousreply 11March 9, 2019 5:56 AM

Late to this game but loved Hiwatashi's reaction to his win. So glad for him. It's been a tough few years.

by Anonymousreply 12March 9, 2019 6:03 AM

3rd group of 4 ladies' warmup at Universiade now - Soyoun Kim of Korea; Gjersen of Norway; Gabryszak of Poland; Kuchvalsas of Latvia; MARIA SOTSKOVA of Russia is last of the five. (one withdrew: Ziquan Zhao of China.

Final group has Mihara, Konstantinova, Tursynbaeva, Meite (France) - forgot who else.

by Anonymousreply 13March 9, 2019 6:08 AM

Sorry - So-youn Park (not Kim)

by Anonymousreply 14March 9, 2019 6:10 AM

I think I'm the only one who likes Sotskova. I just like how happy she looks whenever she thinks she's done well, until she sees her scores.

by Anonymousreply 15March 9, 2019 6:23 AM

R9 better compare to verify

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16March 9, 2019 6:29 AM

Sotskova into second behind Park - lots of jump issues. She's the same height as Yuzuru! 5ft 8.

by Anonymousreply 17March 9, 2019 6:49 AM

R15, I have a soft spot for Sotskova. I like it when tall skaters compete.

by Anonymousreply 18March 9, 2019 7:16 AM

Tursy attempted a quad salchow and fell - looked better than last attempt to me.

1 Mihara 220.68, 2 Tursy 214.77, 3 Konstantinova 205.91, 4 Meite 179.56, 5 Park 175.66, 6 Takeno 175.38, 7 Sotskova 170.20, 8 Galustyan 161.89

by Anonymousreply 19March 9, 2019 7:49 AM

Sotskova is beautiful and always has great dresses so she's pleasant enough to watch but she's a rather boring skater tbh.

by Anonymousreply 20March 9, 2019 8:28 AM

r17 She looks even taller to me. Maybe because the other girls are so short. r18 I’m glad I’m not alone. r19 I wouldn't argue she's an exciting skater.

Fuji TV has upset figure skating fans (mainly Mao fans) again for using Mao, Hanyu, and Kihira to promote their latest episode of “Chokugeki! Shinsou Sakagami,” which was mainly about retired USM skaters, although it was supposed to serve as promotion for Worlds. But the first part of the show was actually quite informative.

Ito and the 3A was the topic of the first segment. Chokugeki interviewed Ito and showed footage of her performance as a special guest at the 1980 NHK Trophy when she was in 5th grade. Her jumps were great even then, though she fell on a spin. When she first went skating, she thought it was easier than walking. Then they showed her 1988 Calgary Olympics FS where she jumped five different triples seven times. In-studio guests Suzuki and Takeshi Honda pointed out she would’ve easily been a top skater today with such tech and jump GOE potential. However, Ito placed 5th in Calgary due to her lack of artistry and poor figures, and that was why she decided to focus on the 3A. She knew she wasn’t elegant or naturally artistic, but could increase her tech difficulty. They briefly showed Kihira doing the 3A when they were explaining the difficulty of the jump.

After Ito medaled at the 1992 Olympics, the JSF started the Nobeyama Gasshuku project (“Zenkoku Yuubou Shinjin Hakkutsu Gasshuku”), an intensive summer camp in Nagano for the most promising young skaters from across the country where they train all aspects of skating and performance, and seeded novices are decided. (You’ve probably seen footage of Hanyu there.) At first, they didn’t mention names, but showed images of top skaters who went through the camp: Ando, Hanyu, Kihira, Kanako, Oda, Takahashi, Asada, and Uno. Then they showed footage of a rough Ando (15), Kanako Murakami (11), Sara Honda (9), and Arakawa (11?) at Nobeyama, as well as some of the training and food. Apparently, the Russians based part of their system on the camp.

After they showed Arakawa’s Sochi FS and suggested the camp had a hand in her win, they then named the other top skaters from the camp who medaled at international events: Suzuki, Asada, Ando, Kozuka, Takahashi, Oda. No Hanyu or Uno despite their Olympic medals and theme.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21March 9, 2019 9:22 AM

[quote] Does anyone know how do spots/quotas for JGP work?

they take Junior World results. One skater per country and order them

top 3 countries : 2 entries in all GPs

countries ranked 4-6: 1 entry per GP

countries ranked 7-10: 1 entry in 6 GPs (they miss one)

rest of countries with a skater in the FS: 1 entry in 5 GPs (miss 22)

rest of countries with a skater between 25th and 30th in the SP: 1 entry in 4 GPs

rest of country with a skater at Junior Worlds: 1 entry in 3 GPs

rest: 1 entry in 2 GPs

that is for Ladies and Men

by Anonymousreply 22March 9, 2019 9:26 AM

I'm watching the Universiade gala and Stanislava skated to MJ...she looked like she was having an epileptic fit. I really can't stand her skating.

Kind of funny that Russia couldn't win gold in ladies or mens' singles here, at home.

by Anonymousreply 23March 9, 2019 11:49 AM

MJ ?That pedo? BLeeee

by Anonymousreply 24March 9, 2019 1:52 PM

Unless I made a mistake in my calculations (PCS factoring and the missing choreo difference), Mihara and Tursy would win junior worlds.

by Anonymousreply 25March 9, 2019 2:35 PM

r23 Lol, Russian champion couldn't win over a runner-up from Italy.

by Anonymousreply 26March 9, 2019 2:37 PM

There is an archived thread at GS titled "Chan v. Hanyu 2015-16" which has *1639* posts.

by Anonymousreply 27March 9, 2019 6:15 PM

4LZ UR 3 loop UR

by Anonymousreply 28March 9, 2019 6:28 PM

150 lol her 3l3loop got - 0.15 GOE, what a joke

by Anonymousreply 29March 9, 2019 6:31 PM

3lo considered rotated. All 0 goe except for negative by judges 1-4-9..belarus, hungary and mexico

Judge 7, turkey, gave +1 to Shcherbakova's 4lz

by Anonymousreply 30March 9, 2019 6:48 PM

this is pathetic

by Anonymousreply 31March 9, 2019 6:49 PM

Congrats to Ting Cui on her bronze medal. The US regains 3 jr worlds spots for next year and 2 spots on every JGP in the fall.

by Anonymousreply 32March 9, 2019 7:01 PM

So you can now do 3 lutzes during one program? Two of them in combo? Only 1 axel?

by Anonymousreply 33March 9, 2019 9:05 PM

r33 Well, if you do a 4Lz and 2 3Lz, then yes, you can do 3 lutzes. In order to repeat a jump, for example a 3Lz, one of them must be in a combo but nothing says both of them can't be. The triple jump that Nathan Chen repeats is a 3T, both part of a combo. He also does 2 4Ts so altogether he does 4 toeloops. Hanyu and Fernandez had layouts with 3 salchows, two 4S and and one 3S. Hanyu habitually puts both his 3As in combos.

by Anonymousreply 34March 9, 2019 9:31 PM

That's so frustrating, JDC, that Fuji would be so open in disrespecting their double Olympic gold champion (and their #2 man). WTF? Just based on jealousy? And yet use him to promote the thing. At least they used a bit of footage of Hanyu at the camp - they used Mao to promote the show and never mentioned her at the camp - OR her 3A prowess? How can you do a long segment about Ito and the 3A, then show Kihira to demonstrate it, and not mention Mao Asada at all?

I'm a fan of both, but I'm almost relieved they also left out Uno along with Hanyu when they listed the "medalists" from the camp. I'll just tell myself they're so mega-mega-famous that nobody needs to be reminded of their medals. Wish I could believe that though. Is it what they call in the west - well UK/Australia anyway - the "tall poppy" syndrome, when the society doesn't really like for anybody to get super-famous and the instinct is to cut them down when they do?

by Anonymousreply 35March 9, 2019 9:32 PM

Shcherbakoba had two solo 2A's in a row - and they both counted - so that's ok? But only for axels?

by Anonymousreply 36March 9, 2019 9:35 PM

r36 I believe the "thou shalt only repeat it in a combo" rule is only for quads and triples.

by Anonymousreply 37March 9, 2019 9:39 PM

* oops now I see that Asada was shown in the footage of students at the camp. At least there's that - but leaving her out of the 3A discussion still pisses me off.

Thanks R37 - now I see (darkly through a smudged mirror). But sometimes I think I understand judging about as well as the judges do, when I look at range of scores for the same elements.

by Anonymousreply 38March 9, 2019 9:41 PM

Looking at Shcherbakova and Trusova's layouts, it's remarkable how the -3Lo combo frees up a jumping pass for a higher-rated double. Or a quad. Now, if they could do a 3A.

by Anonymousreply 39March 9, 2019 9:49 PM

Shimada officially confirmed he will be going senior next season and his sponsor this season was the insurance company his dad worked for before he died. Shimada was 13 when his dad passed away from lung cancer. Dad was the managing director at Ehime Bank, and director and managing executive of Sompo Japan insurance. He used his son’s photo for his facebook profile and gave updates on competitions in his timeline.

R35 I haven’t posted part 2 yet. Mao is treated like Japan’s sweetheart by almost everyone other than Fuji, so it’s not tall poppy syndrome. Most likely, there was some kind of agency or managing dispute a long time ago that involved Fuji and they’ve held a grudge. (Mao’s agency is IMG.) Probably the same for Hanyu as Fuji also treats him more poorly than the other stations. Uno’s treatment was interesting given the time devoted to the other USM skaters (Arakawa, Takahashi, and Kanako Murakami).

by Anonymousreply 40March 10, 2019 12:45 AM

Part 2 about Chokugeki:

Honda was asked to describe Arakawa's personality when she was younger. He said Arakawa was very mischievous when they trained together and despite her outward demeanor, liked to pull pranks. She’d make tiny holes in the ice and Honda once got stuck and fell. Their coach berated him thinking he was goofing off while Arakawa just laughed on. (I'm not sure why Honda chose to tell this particular story. He was supposed to make Arakawa sound like a warmer person.)

Second segment was about Takahashi. They talked about Honda just missing the podium due to a step out at the 2002 Salt Lake City Olympics. Then they showed Takahashi, with Miyamoto (introduced as Mao and Hanyu’s choreographer) describing the beauty of his step sequences. A month before the Vancouver Olympics, Takahashi’s boots broke and his new boots were impeding his jumps and steps. (The boot company had changed the model he usually wore.) He tried over 10 different pairs, but couldn’t find one that properly fit. Honda (who was his jump coach) gave him a pair of his own he’d purchased for an ice show but hadn’t worn and they fit just right. Takahashi went on to win bronze at the Olympics and Honda said this was a particularly emotional moment because foreign coaches had always been saying that a Japanese man would never medal. They briefly showed Hanyu’s SP at Sochi and FS at Pyeongchang, then Uno’s FS and the Olympic podium, to illustrate the progress of the Japanese men since Vancouver. However, Honda said he didn’t receive anything in return from Takahashi even though Takahashi technically medaled with his boots.

Then in the final minutes of the show, Ito had been asked to choose what she thought was the most legendary Japanese figure skating performance. She chose Mao’s FS at Sochi. They made it sound like they were going to air the full program, but first they showed Mao’s falls in the SP. Then they showed her landing the jumps in her FS. That's all.

Some news sites have been reporting the complaints regarding Mao's treatment by the show. However, nothing about Hanyu, Uno, or Kihira who all received even less screen time, though I don't think Uno was used in the promos.

by Anonymousreply 41March 10, 2019 2:52 AM

What does Honda mean he didn't get anything in return? He got the gig as special judge at Super Japan Cup that neither Takahashi nor Arakawa wanted! lol

I'm wondering why they regurgitate these old anecdotes that we've already heard at least a dozen times (the boots story and Arakawa's penchant for pranks*) to promote this year's WC? Seems like they didn't have/communicate a clear concept of what the show was supposed to be about. Either use the history and development of figure skating in Japan since the days of Ito until present times as the main selling point or focus on current skaters with brief mention of their successful predecessors. The 2nd option would've made more sense, if they intended to generate excitement for worlds. But then they would've had to show more footage of Hanyu and they likely tried to avoid that, if there was a dispute with his management (his mom/Shirota?). All the politicking going on in the background is making my head spin. Wasn't Shirota responsible for the development of the Nobeyama Gasshuku project before she was demoted due to the misappropriation scandal she was involved in?

* At least they could've chosen the fun anecdote of when Arakawa and a bunch of other skaters shaved Dai's legs while he was asleep:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42March 10, 2019 11:13 AM

@Benoitrichaud 6h6 hours ago Congratulation to my little boy Daniel Grassl for his first medal at his first Jr World 🇮🇹👍🏻🥉

Is Benoit the French Misha Ge? lol

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43March 10, 2019 2:17 PM

Did Stephane choreograph this Elvis Costello ex for Koshiro? He's 17 years old skating around to some sentimental ballad sniffing a piece of fabric for 4 minutes? Yuck...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44March 10, 2019 4:11 PM

R43 Maybe I've just missed it, but I don't see Richaud overstepping in the way Ge has. He choreographed both of Grassl's programs and congratulated him. Didn't pretend to coach him through social media, try to eclipse Grassl's coaches or go on at length about their "journey" together (when he had been associated with Tomono for just a few months). Richaud's also worked a lot with Sakamoto and seems genuinely fond of her, so I'm not surprised he's raved about her on social media.

R42 The story about Honda's boots was new to me, so I found it amusing. The leg shaving thing with Dai was funny, but not the hole in the ice. It's dickish to find humor in someone falling and possibly getting injured. Lots of skaters have injured themselves seriously because of holes in the ice.

by Anonymousreply 45March 10, 2019 7:16 PM

44, that does seem weird for him to be skating around with a hanky. I can't help but get creepy vibes when I see Lambiel now after his weirdness with his other student, Deniss.

Congratulations to Tomoki on his win. Too bad about Camden and Alexei melting down. Alexei's future in the sport doesn't look promising. He needs to work on his basic skating and carriage. I've seen adult skaters with more grace and control.

by Anonymousreply 46March 10, 2019 7:52 PM

R46 same for Camden’s future. His spins moved so much it looked like a step sequence

by Anonymousreply 47March 10, 2019 7:55 PM

r46 I saw Krasnozhon live in 2015 at a JGP, and my impression was "dude's heavy, this Anna Karenina program really needs a different skater". He was 3rd in the FS after Yamamoto and Vasiljevs, and the difference between him and Vasiljevs was like night and day. I kinda kept an eye on him to see whether he'd improve, but the only thing that seemed to improve is that he occasionaly tries to be engaging. The rest - posture, carriage, spins etc seems worse. Somebody at FSU who was at Junior Worlds said that Krasnozhon skates like a truck driver, not a figure skater and I agree.

by Anonymousreply 48March 10, 2019 10:05 PM

Kolyada skated a new Chaplin ex at the jubilee for Mishin and Moskvina. Is he trying to copy Javier's whole career? I'm sorry, but I don't understand his popularity. Cringeworthy and corny af (not to mention how many other shitty Chaplin programs we've had to suffer through already).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 49March 10, 2019 10:27 PM

R49 I never want to see another Chaplin program again but otoh, it is nice to see Kolyada for once not looking like he's praying for his soul to leave his body.

by Anonymousreply 50March 10, 2019 10:41 PM

r49 What's with thast camera work...

You'd think an exhibition program would do a better job of building the movement to the music but Javi and Keegan 's programs were miles ahead in that regard.

by Anonymousreply 51March 10, 2019 10:56 PM

[quote]The leg shaving thing with Dai was funny, but not the hole in the ice. It's dickish to find humor in someone falling and possibly getting injured.

Exactly. It's weird they chose to portray her in such a bad light. Maybe USM's influence on which content gets a greenlight on Fuji TV isn't that extensive after all.

by Anonymousreply 52March 10, 2019 11:27 PM

r42 They just used worlds as an opportunity to promote their own skaters and added a little bit of Mao and Hanyu at the end to get people to tune into the show. They apparently showed Hanyu at the Nobeyama camp in one of the promos, so they had the permission and footage, but aired Murakami’s interview at camp during the actual show instead. Shirota is the one who started Nobeyama. I don’t think she had anything to do with Fuji’s antagonistic relationship with Hanyu, since it started a long time ago with Mao. I think it’s about Mao and Hanyu not joining USM and maybe turning down some exclusive Fuji offer, therefore becoming the competition. But some higher ups must’ve taken it very personally given the extreme way they’ve treated Mao and Hanyu in the past. They were also against Hanyu receiving the People’s Honor Award. R52 They used it to make Arakawa seem less rigid. They actually said, "Arakawa seems cold and mean on the outside but..." so I think it's more Fuji being tonedeaf, which they often are. Part of the show was devoted to her Olympic win. That was the purpose of the focus on the Nobeyama camp, which they also used to tie her and Takahashi to Ito.

R44 That ex is actually over two years old, before he moved to Lambiel, so he was 14/15 when it was choreographed. Could be Morozov’s, Miyamoto’s, or Sato’s. I guess he never got a new one choreographed. He didn’t perform at the GPF gala because he had nothing prepared.

Was Chaplin, Elvis, and Nightmare Before Christmas Kolyada's idea?

Trusova as Sia

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 53March 10, 2019 11:46 PM

Thanks, R53. I'm glad to know Lambiel didn't choreograph that program, but it's even creepier to think of a 14/15 year old skating it. It's kind of odd that they couldn't come up with something else after all this time.

by Anonymousreply 54March 10, 2019 11:58 PM

Oh, and Rabbitt finally got his wish. He's skating in a show in Japan at the annual Kyoto Figure Skating Festival with Tomono, Shiraiwa, Tokura (Oda's big girl), Sasahara and some others. March 31st. It's free.

by Anonymousreply 55March 11, 2019 12:15 AM

Hanyu apparently has a surprise new endorsement: Kose's Sekkisei skincare line. After all the chocolate, bath salts, mattresses etc, this is an endorsement that actually suits him considering how nice his skin is.

by Anonymousreply 56March 11, 2019 12:43 AM

TSL 3/10 Jr Worlds – Part 1 – Dave thinks the original report that Kostornaia fractured her fibia is correct, but Danlil changed the story due to talk of Sambo overtraining. 6 They’re bored w/Trusova vs Shcherb but D thinks Trusova is built like a little gymnast and has a better chance of keeping her jumps – he can already see Shcherb torquing her body into jumps plus she already broke her leg– similar problems as Zag and Med have. They find Shcerb more musical but Trusova’s body’s stronger. 9 D compared their components. 11 Danlil says all 3 (Trusova, Kostornaia, Shcherbakoba) are going to seniors and they’re all working on the 3A this summer. 16 Ting – beautiful arms and unlike Russians, great posture. D thinks she shd hurry and work on knees/ edges (maybe w/Lori) because there’s a small window for it. She cd be the next Kostner. You can see what happens when you miss the window like with Krosnozhon and Max Aaron. 19 D’s heard they want Ting to go to Raf. 20 D fussing about Tom Z’s failings. Ting hasn’t spent time in Colorado since Jr Worlds. 21 Both fussing about Facebook/Instagram self promotion of skaters/clubs. 23 Hanna Harrell has potential/needs to work on SS. 26 Mao/Yuna/Vancouver reminiscing. 33 Sinitsyna – weird jumps/has potential. 35 Young You should straighten her legs.

by Anonymousreply 57March 11, 2019 4:52 AM

TSL 3/10 Jr Worlds – Part 2 - 37 UNIVERSIADE. Jon thinks Mai is improving. Her triple-triples are impressive. 39 Tursy resurgence interesting. (It’s “Eteri’s FU to BO”) 43 Denis Ten had quite a nice apartment in LA so Kazakhstan can come up w/the money when they want to. 46 Med v Tuk. 56 D talking about ¾ siblings – like when two Jackson brothers (Randy & Jermaine) had kids w/the same woman ?? Then “Leaving Neverland” gossip. 1Hr Then about “Losers” about Surya Bonaly and her really bad SS, even worse than Max Aaron! Lots about Surya. 1:13 D & J are judging the Nagano Olys for their Patreon viewers. (I skipped ice dance and pairs) 1.21 MEN JUNIORS. Gogo, hates to lose, dull samey costumes. He stabbed his leg and kept going! What a fighter! Camden – J thinks it’s mental; D thinks it’s Tom Z prob not having him do full runthrus & he needs a sport psychologist, before it’s too late like it became for Jeremy. 1.33 Gracie said Tomoki was the only skater yelled at by Ourashov more than she was. He said Tammy and Tom must hate him (Tomoki) – same rink and they were so close to winning. Tomoki’s the little engine that could/nice skating. 1.36 The Russian Roman Savosin: good jumper. J: He has weird looking coaches. They love Danielian – lots of potential. Another who shd do full runthrus. They think he cd be a superstar. 1.42 They’re wondering what kind of name Grassl is – he needs SS but has talent. They prefer Matteo’s skating. Eteri was not as Jr Worlds (or Universiade). 1.45 Coaches not going is a good sign – lesser coaches want face time. Then a gabfest about adult coloring (Dave shows off his work) and Golden Girls’ episodes. END

by Anonymousreply 58March 11, 2019 4:52 AM

"Because we are the people who are alive,we need to live life fully,to those who passed away,and to those who are living in pain now,I strongly believe we need to live in a manner that we can be proud of."-Yuzuru Hanyu

His voice made me sad Today is Tōhoku earthquake day 3.11

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 59March 11, 2019 10:59 AM

Are senior girls allowed to attempt quads in SP ? I'd like to see Trusova add 4T to SP layout next season. 4T is her best quad jump so far( high and the most stable quad)

by Anonymousreply 60March 11, 2019 1:55 PM

R58, adult coloring? What is it Dave does exactly? Thanks for the recaps!

R60, women can't do quads in the SP yet. It'd be great if Trusova could get a 3Axel to put that in the SP.

by Anonymousreply 61March 11, 2019 2:03 PM

[quote] adult coloring? What is it Dave does exactly?

He buys coloring books and uses colored pencils I guess - but maybe crayons - to color the way children do. He has a Golden Girls' themed one. Oh, and he also wants to get a Victorian doll house to decorate because his mother would never let him get one when he was a child.

by Anonymousreply 62March 11, 2019 3:26 PM

R59. Thanks for sharing. Makes me sad too. I can't even imagine what he and others went through that day. So many lost their lives. We are lucky that Hanyu is still here and skating.

by Anonymousreply 63March 11, 2019 3:46 PM

Fingers crossed that Hanyu will be inspired to emulate more than just Plush's programs and haircut.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 64March 11, 2019 5:29 PM

r64 French stalker! But why was she crowdfunding for new skating boots? She’s still a student but started figure skating last year, went to ACI and half of the GP, going to TCC again this summer to stalk Hanyu, claims to be friends with the owner of the largest figure skating store in Paris, who might arrange for her to interview Hanyu and Uno for Patinage. (I’ll be shocked if the Patinage job turns out to be true.)

Whoever leaked about Hanyu and Kose in December on 5ch was right. Not that he needs the money, but the Sekkisei products are hugely popular. He said he's glad they used his performances in the CM. He doesn't actually like to act in commercials. Sekkisei:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 65March 11, 2019 10:09 PM

R65 I hate to be bitchy about a 20 something rando, but I'm gonna: you have money to go galavanting around the world to eavesdrop on and stalk figure skaters/coaches (not just Briand, but also Fernandez, Lambiel and Vasiļjevs to name a few), attend various camps at exclusive clubs even though you're a recreational skater, but you want to crowdfund to buy an expensive pair of boots? I don't understand kids these days.

I'm surprised a skincare line hasn't snapped up Hanyu before, given his frauen fanbase. I wonder if Hanyu's careful about his image and doesn't want to appear frivolous or vain - it's funny that he tries to tie in his philosophy regarding pursuing beauty in skating with the product, but he doesn't actually talk about using the product or his skin care regimen.

by Anonymousreply 66March 11, 2019 11:15 PM

r65 I suspect he doesn't have a skin care regimen. But maybe he'll start one now, because otherwise that fresh-faced look will be gone in a few years, and it'll be bye bye endorsement.

However, commercials often rather make comparisons or imply rather than mention using the product directly, it's less heavy handed. Though that commercial could use a 3 seconds image of Hanyu putting that cream into his luggage next to his skates or something.

by Anonymousreply 67March 11, 2019 11:28 PM

I can't remember the product but I love the one where he was ironing - oh yeah, it was colorful detergent "pods" - they also show him doing laundry before he takes out a white shirt and starts ironing it, all while wearing an apron. That one was fun! Better than the chocolate-making or the head-measuring for pillows (and sleeping on the magic mattress or whatever)

by Anonymousreply 68March 11, 2019 11:38 PM

R66 Supposedly Kose has made multiple offers over the years but he's refused them until now.

by Anonymousreply 69March 11, 2019 11:39 PM

Kose is a sponsor of Team Japan too.

I'm guessing Hanyu feels the end approaching and is looking to the future -- he's going to need some cash to finance any future editions of Continues with Wings, and though he can't always depend on his ankles he can depend on his skin for a while longer.

by Anonymousreply 70March 11, 2019 11:43 PM

R69 Good. I hope he's making a bundle out of it. Is this first new endorsement he's picked up since the Olympics?

R70 I highly doubt Hanyu has to finance CWW out of pocket. That cash cow will fund itself and then some whenever he decides to take it up again. Hanyu has the gift of gab and the talk show segments of CWW made it very interesting to me, even though I usually find the ice shows corny and boring.

by Anonymousreply 71March 12, 2019 12:26 AM

ANA and Kose are also collaborating on amenities for their business class starting this month, so maybe that’s why he said yes.

by Anonymousreply 72March 12, 2019 3:58 AM

Long but heartwarming interview with Tracy Wilson. Here's a link to the transcript that you can use 'search' on if you're just interested in one skater or whatever. She's so Zen.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 73March 12, 2019 1:22 PM

Yuzuru: "The Olympic SEIMEI was about how to communicate the beauty of Japanese things to the world" "It’s when non-Japanese people speak Japanese to me saying things like: Konnichiwa, Arigatou or Sayonara. Surprisingly, Japan seems to be of interest them. Even if it is very basic Japanese, when anyone speaks to me in Japanese I feel proud that I am Japanese."

by Anonymousreply 74March 12, 2019 6:11 PM

How did ESPN figure out Hanyu's endorsements? They have him at $13.41M

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 75March 12, 2019 6:40 PM

Or, ESPN could just be guestimating and no one has a clue what Hanyu's worth: "Now for the fine print: If we could not find accurate endorsement figures, we estimated an athlete's endorsement dollars based on the search, social and endorsement data for all athletes under review. For Chinese athletes, we used the Baidu search score and Weibo social numbers because Google and Western social platforms have been blocked in China."

by Anonymousreply 76March 12, 2019 7:01 PM

R70 I don't think Yuzu care much about money, the man gave all prize money from 2 OGM to charity right?

If he want to have money without doing anything, either competing or doing those cms, all he has to do is selling his skates, gloves or whatever he want to sell. Now his skates was sold at 64,000 usd for charity

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 77March 12, 2019 9:04 PM

R77 Kose announced they will be donating some of their Sekkisei proceeds from last December to January to “Mori ha umi no koibito (mori-umi. org).” The NPO’s latest project is reforesting the devastated areas of the Tohoku region. The Hanyu-Kose deal was leaked in December, so that’s probably not a coincidence.

Russian pairs are already in Japan but down in Fukuoka. Someone said the rest of the Russian team will arrived in Tokyo on the 16th.

Medvedeva should replace her manager with Tracy. Med and Ge unfollowed Tuk on IG yesterday. There was some kind of meme contest on VK for Tuk and maybe they didn’t like the memes Tuk was reposting? Anyway, Med later started following Tuk again. Sometime between or after, some Med fans began harassing Tuk on her account.

Meanwhile, Med’s manager immediately told Russian media Med never unfollowed Tuk. She can’t follow or unfollow anyone because she’s too busy preparing for Worlds and she doesn’t use IG before competitions. Maybe it was a technical error by staff.

If he had to comment on it, the manager should’ve just said he messed up and accidentally unfollowed Tuk since he claimed to personally run Med’s social media accounts during his last big interview. I don’t have an IG, so I don’t know if Ge is also following Tuk again, but Tuk never unfollowed both.

Statement from Med’s manager:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 78March 12, 2019 10:53 PM

r78 Drama! Misha is not following Tuk. I didn't pay attention to whether he did before. I hope it gets even pettier. Someone check to see if Lazukin's been unfollowed!!! Won't anyone think of Andrei's feelings?

by Anonymousreply 79March 12, 2019 11:02 PM

I looked at Tuk's twitter and instagram and the memes were just self-deprecating stuff. I don't see the offense.

by Anonymousreply 80March 12, 2019 11:09 PM

Hanyu is writing blog posts for Kose! Here's one: "I like pussy. They are healing/rejuvenating because they are soft and fluffy. However, I can also be healed/rejuvenated by other living things that rise with genuine/honest enthusiasm [at the touch of my hand or my eager tongue]."

Hopefully, that Dirt Czar isn't around to nitpick my translation. So annoying!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 81March 12, 2019 11:49 PM

R81. Lmao! I hope this is something Hanyu continues doing. I love hearing and reading what he says.

by Anonymousreply 82March 13, 2019 12:21 AM

R81 We know its wrong because obviously Hanyu likes D like Javi's.

by Anonymousreply 83March 13, 2019 1:06 AM

HANYU LIKES CATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ... sorry for yelling

by Anonymousreply 84March 13, 2019 1:35 AM

D as in DOG. But I was wrong because Javi actually has a cat. I meant to say Hanyu likes C...ock-- I mean, Cats... like Javi's.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 85March 13, 2019 3:04 AM

I can't fucking believe following/unfollowing someone on social media is something a manager has to address. The whole drama belongs in middle school.

by Anonymousreply 86March 13, 2019 8:22 AM

Is Yuzuru going to demonstrate the use of skincare products on this doll?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 87March 13, 2019 12:52 PM

Agreed R86. I can't believe people even take the time to notice that stuff.

by Anonymousreply 88March 13, 2019 1:35 PM

Kovtun has withdrawn from Worlds due to medical reasons. Andrei Lazukin will take his place.

by Anonymousreply 89March 13, 2019 4:05 PM

Kind of feels like karma...well, I never liked Kovtun. I knew his "comeback" was going to be a bust.

by Anonymousreply 90March 13, 2019 4:10 PM

I wonder if Kovtun's "medical reasons" were caused by his 14th place at Europeans. I doubt Lazukin will do much better but I suppose better to take a chance on something new than trying again with a proven choker

by Anonymousreply 91March 13, 2019 8:49 PM

First skaters announced for Dreams on Ice 2019. Men: Kazuki Tomono, Tatsuya Tsuboi, Shun Sato, Sora Tarumi. Ladies: Yuna Shiraiwa, Yuhana Yokoi, Tomoe Kawabata, Nana Araki, Rika Tejima. Synchro: Jingu Ice Messengers. June 28-30 at the Kose Shin-Yokohama Skate Center.

Fuji TV (@online_on_ice) will be live streaming pairs, ice dance, groups 1-3/4 for ladies and men SP, the opening ceremony, warm up areas and K&C on their Worlds website. (The K&C stream shows the entire K&C which you can’t see on broadcast.) Should be region-free. Times are approximations in Japan time.

March 20 (Wednesday)

10:30AM Pairs SP

2:15PM: Opening Ceremony

3:05PM Ladies SP (Groups 1-4), Ladies SP Warm up Area, K&C

March 21 (Thursday)

10:30AM Pairs FS, Medal Ceremony

4:00PM Men’s SP (Groups 1-3), Men SP Warmup Area, K&C

March 22 (Friday)

12PM Ice Dance RD

5:30PM Ladies FS Warmup Area, K&C

March 23 (Saturday)

12:30PM Ice Dance FD, Medal Ceremony

5:30PM Men FS Warmup Area, K&C

Commentators: Takeshi Honda (Men), Shizuka Arakawa (Ladies), Miyamoto Kenji (Ice Dance), Narumi Takahashi (Pairs). Guest commentators: Takehito Mura (Men), Kanako Murakami (Ladies)

Fuji Worlds Website (video will appear on page during streaming time):

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 92March 13, 2019 11:27 PM

R81 Glad to emerge from a 5 day blackout to find this thread is as fun as ever.

by Anonymousreply 93March 13, 2019 11:56 PM

R92 oohh, is this the first time K. Murakami is commentating? I can't wait for when a jelly and territorial Arakawa starts leaking anonymous stories about how sloppy, old, fat and barren Murakami's been looking.

by Anonymousreply 94March 14, 2019 12:10 AM

I'm so glad Mura is the secondary commentator instead of Kozuka. He was such a good sport when Yuzu was bullying him into trying a spread-eagle 3A in CWW.

by Anonymousreply 95March 14, 2019 1:27 AM

r95 Mura just seems like a nicer person in general. Glad that little bitch Kozuka orgied himself out of a job.

R92 Thanks for the streaming link. So glad we won't have to scramble for live streams for at least some of the events. Apparently, the ISU will be streaming the competition through Eurovision Sports Live for countries that don't own broadcasting rights. Anyone know which countries don't own broadcasting rights (ie which country I should set my VPN to)?

by Anonymousreply 96March 14, 2019 1:41 AM

r96 Singapore used to work for me, but also try South America.

by Anonymousreply 97March 14, 2019 8:24 AM

Tamura in full make-up - enough for Ru Paul's show. God, he's beautiful!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 98March 14, 2019 9:56 AM

I'm not a fan of Kovtun's skating but am sorry he got injured. Lazukin might end up placing about the same. A shame Voronov wasn't on the alternate's list. Is he injured too?

by Anonymousreply 99March 14, 2019 12:10 PM

Yes, Voronov apparently tore a ligament in his knee.

by Anonymousreply 100March 14, 2019 1:32 PM

Time zone converters for the Men's SP and FS. Totally ungodly hours for me, but likely for the best. I think I'm going to quickly check in here first before I watch the whole thing. Can't stand the suspense.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 101March 14, 2019 4:38 PM

Sui was injured in a practice fall after a show on Feb 15. S/H didn't start training again until last week.

by Anonymousreply 102March 14, 2019 5:22 PM

R101. I will have to watch the replay on NBC gold. There's just no way for me at that time. People have to work lol. I will stay off any social media until I watch.

by Anonymousreply 103March 14, 2019 5:42 PM

I can't face it live either. I foolishly watched the practice at Rostelecom where Yuzuru injured his ankle again. I have NBC and NBCSN, so I assume they'll show the main events - the next day or something.

by Anonymousreply 104March 14, 2019 6:50 PM

TCC just had a sendoff for Orser, Tracy, Ghislain, and the Worlds skaters, except Hanyu didn't appear to be there. I think the photos have been deleted by the original account (Mexican skater at TCC).

Ge said he’s going to Worlds on Jackie’s twitter. He also hinted he’s performing at the gala on IG. Maybe he deleted his original post about worlds because no one was supposed to know about the gala at the time.

Hanyu’s junior high school classmates talk about him tonight at 6:10PM on NHK Sendai’s Teremasamune. Clip at @nhk_sendai.

Zhou is in Osaka.

Kozuka is going to appear on “Koujou he ikou” (@koujouheikou) next Saturday. They’re doing a mini-drama special on Kozuka Blades on TV Aichi (local broadcast only).

R94 She’s done it many times now. I think it’ll be like nationals where she did commentary for the early groups and Arakawa did the last two groups. Murakami is also doing the commentary for the exhibition.

R98 Hide from X-Japan:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 105March 14, 2019 10:25 PM

People speculated that Hanyu was standing between Briand and Cha (you can see a tuft of hair).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 106March 14, 2019 10:41 PM

Then someone found this picture.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 107March 14, 2019 10:41 PM

R107 Hanyu looks like shit. Kose should pull the deal.

by Anonymousreply 108March 14, 2019 10:43 PM

Surprise twist: Hanyu was actually the one taking the photo.

by Anonymousreply 109March 14, 2019 10:46 PM

Ge is going to Saitama also because The vote between him and Redford will take place there.

by Anonymousreply 110March 14, 2019 11:06 PM

[R105] The Mexican skater didn't delete anything. It's in her Story.

by Anonymousreply 111March 14, 2019 11:19 PM

r106 Poor Lee! Everyone forgets about him. Me included.

R110 Thank you. So it was inevitable. Strange that he deleted the original post in that case, but now I remember he also didn't allow comments on it. Maybe it was to avoid questions about the gala.

Coupe de Printemps today.

by Anonymousreply 112March 14, 2019 11:21 PM

R111 Thanks. Is there a reason why people aren't crediting the original accounts on twitter?

by Anonymousreply 113March 14, 2019 11:27 PM

Checked PH and sorry ??? What tf with people crying over Hanyu not being there ?

by Anonymousreply 114March 15, 2019 2:34 AM

R114. I don't go to PH. What happened with Hanyu not being where? I'm lost. sorry.

by Anonymousreply 115March 15, 2019 2:37 AM

R114 Are you talking about Hanyu not being in the TCC Worlds Send Off pic? I just checked and seems like people are bored and having a bit of fun speculating where he is. Kind of like when we're bored and post ass pics.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 116March 15, 2019 3:16 AM

More on Sui/Han. I guess Han's injuries are getting worse too. Wtf??? Are they going to last through the quad?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 117March 15, 2019 4:30 AM

"Hello everyone this is Yuzuru Hanyu. It's Friday, the latter half of the week. What are everyone's plans on their days off? When I have nothing on, I play games a lot. To me, it's 'my time' to restore my energy. Hope everyone has a wonderful break."

by Anonymousreply 118March 15, 2019 8:52 AM

'When I have nothing on, I play games a lot.' Hmm...OK, Yuzu, whatever you say... It definitely sounds like fun.

by Anonymousreply 119March 15, 2019 9:40 AM

"It's Friday, the latter half of the week."

Stop the press at that breaking news.

What will we learn tomorrow? That the sun rises in the east? That it's windy? That he likes listening to music?

by Anonymousreply 120March 15, 2019 3:50 PM

R120

Today is Saturday. A different day of the week from Friday. But do you know what will stay the same no matter the day of the week? DL will still be filled with shallow, ungrateful cunts who don't care about my views on meaningful issues like cats, games and days of the week, and only concern themselves with my sweet sweet voluptuous ass, that's pert and soft like a baby's bottom, but legal to touch. You can't satisfy everyone I guess. But here's a gif to keep you warm til you see me next at an airport with my creepy stalker(s) in tow. HUGZZZ & LUV

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 121March 15, 2019 4:41 PM

R120 Excuse me, but we learned a lot from his riveting personal statement. First of all, that he plays a lot of games naked. Secondly, he needs serious "me time" to "restore his energy". The one thing I actually wish he included was a video/detailed photographs of said naked game playing and/or "me time" for the purposes of scientific research.

by Anonymousreply 122March 15, 2019 5:32 PM

Is this photoshopped or did Gabby loot Med's shit shake supply?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 123March 15, 2019 5:59 PM

r123 It's not on her instagram so chances are it isn't photoshopped. She looks thinner than Med in that photo,mdefinitely stole the shake from her. I didn't realize she was so short.

by Anonymousreply 124March 15, 2019 6:16 PM

R124 Unfortunately, it originated from Gabby's Instagram, so likely ps. Someone tell her she looks fine and doesn't need to do this shit.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 125March 15, 2019 6:19 PM

r125 Hopefully, she's just sucking in her stomach in that photo. I guess we'll know when we see her on the tv broadcast.

by Anonymousreply 126March 15, 2019 6:29 PM

Med's legs look skinnier. Gabby is showing good muscle on her thighs.

by Anonymousreply 127March 15, 2019 6:37 PM

Definitely photoshopped.

by Anonymousreply 128March 15, 2019 7:17 PM

Old Junhwan Cha's interview with the Olympic Channel. His English is impressive.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 129March 15, 2019 11:32 PM

And here an interview from a month ago, after one of those competitions his fed made hi. do, maybe it was posted before. Basically he says he's been injured since Skate Canada but had no time to rest, and that his boots are falling apart at an alarming rate.

He's got a very pleasant manner of speaking and those cheekbones are to die for - though a haircut of some sort might be in order.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 130March 15, 2019 11:37 PM

R97 Thanks so much. I'll try those countries.

R129 Cha moved to Canada when he was 13, so I guess I'm not surprised.

R130 This is totally annoying. Poor Cha has had to go back and forth for a million national competitions when there is no other South Korean man on his level. Don't know if I'm misremembering, but I think he's in Korea now to check his injury.

by Anonymousreply 131March 16, 2019 12:21 AM

The skater who posted the ig story at r106 said Hanyu isn't in the picture because he was already on his way to Japan. When will we see Sadako and her fab mask?

by Anonymousreply 132March 16, 2019 12:40 AM

Jun's English is actually about what you'd expect for someone who moved to Canada at a young age. I was more impressed with Eunsoo Lim's interview with TSL after only a few months of living in the US.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 133March 16, 2019 1:27 AM

Useful time zone conversion chart for all events

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 134March 16, 2019 2:48 AM

Mainstream news is reporting that Takeyama has already notified JOC executives of his intention to retire in June. The board of directors will be meeting on Tuesday to discuss possible replacements. It’s between Yamashita and Hashimoto with Yamashita in the lead. Takeda was absent from the Olympic Council meeting in Bangkok earlier this month.

r132 I was wondering if the latest photo was taken at a different time and Hanyu had already left. They lose a day when they fly from Toronto to Japan to the time zone change. The rest of the TCC team is really cutting it close if they haven’t left yet. Practice starts 8AM on Monday.

The coach/choreographer has returned:

[quote]From staff: @mishageofficial has arrived at Japan to attend three skaters as their coach/choreographer at ISU World Figure Skating Championships 2019 in Saitama. Also, he will work for other things. Hongyi Chen (CHN) SP/FP Eliska Brezinova (CZE) SP/FP Evgenia Medvedeva (RUS) SP

Sort of sneak preview of the Worlds opening ceremony with Mura and sopranista Okamoto:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 135March 16, 2019 2:48 AM

Takeda, not Takeyama. Sorry.

by Anonymousreply 136March 16, 2019 2:57 AM

R136 Is Ge the coach for any of these skaters? With Tomono, I think you mentioned there was at least an actual arrangement to help with the coaching.

by Anonymousreply 137March 16, 2019 3:18 AM

R137 I said that Ge's deal with the JSF was a packaged deal that included choreographing for a number of skaters (mainly juniors and novices) in addition to Tomono, which is supposedly for two seasons. Ge claimed on TSL that the JSF asked him to help improve Tomono's spins and skating skills in the process, which he interpreted that as becoming Tomono's coach. Maybe he doesn't know how other choreographers work or wasn't aware of how often Japanese skaters meet with their choreographers throughout the season, but he hasn't worked with Tomono any more than Miyahara and Kihira have worked with Dickson, or Richaud has with Sakamoto. Probably less in Richaud's case. There's an interview with him and Tomono that just came out in Quadruple magazine that might tell more, although you can't completely trust Ge's word. Thinking back, despite all the IG posts, he didn't use the word "coach" until Skate Canada, almost half a year after he started "coaching" Tomono. Ge has only been referred to as Tomono's SP choreographer on the Japanese side. I don't know about these worlds skaters but I assume that's just Ge's interpretation again.

by Anonymousreply 138March 16, 2019 4:21 AM

R138 Thanks for the clarification. Okay then, sounds like Ge's just an insufferable twat.

by Anonymousreply 139March 16, 2019 4:44 AM

Why so much hate for Ge ?

by Anonymousreply 140March 16, 2019 5:19 AM

R140 Because I don't know. Always I try to put positive into the world, but sometimes, negative just come back to you from unhappy people. What can you do? I tell my students including two-time World Champion and special artistry genius from Russia Evgenia Medvedeva who is also coached by Brian Orser at TCC along beside two-time Olympic Champion *somebody*, just keep to work hard, grind hard, striving for excellent, and you will succeed! Some of my students KAZUKI needing to take this message a little more to their heart KAZUKI but we will work on it. Love and light!

by Anonymousreply 141March 16, 2019 1:09 PM

R141 Clearly, you're just misunderstood, Misha. You're my light and inspiration. Hopefully, you can be my coach someday, even though I don't skate and never intend to learn. It will be a perfect match!!

by Anonymousreply 142March 16, 2019 2:29 PM

R141 Thank you Misha. I shedded my tears reading your post. Such an honor for Yuzuru to have a friend like you ( and Evgenia Medvedeva) who support him through all the ups and downs. Please don't care about some crazies Fanyus, they all envy you for your wonderful friendship with Yuzuru. I miss your skating and I LOVE your choreo. Please do choreo for Yuzuru !!! Looking forward to your collab with Yuzuru in the future. Please upload trio pictures too. I always support you. Go go go Misha. On behalf of Yuzuru, his fans and Team Japan, thank you so much. Fanyus, share my post to spread positive energy.

by Anonymousreply 143March 16, 2019 2:44 PM

R143 I've actually seen posts like that around the webs. Specially the 'spread positive energy' part.

by Anonymousreply 144March 16, 2019 3:41 PM

we are ignoring Coupe du Printemps...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 145March 16, 2019 6:30 PM

If I were a skater, I would want Daniil G. to give me private lessons. The guy is so handsome.

by Anonymousreply 146March 16, 2019 6:39 PM

Ok, I just saw the ranking of Junior Synchronized Skating Worlds... a selection of the names of the teams..

TEAM HOT SHIVERS JUNIOR

TEAM JEANNE D'ARC JUNIOR

TEAM SEASIDE JUNIOR

TEAM ZAGREB SNOWFLAKES JUNIOR

TEAM ILLUMINETTES JUNIOR

TEAM GOLDEN ROSES JUNIOR

by Anonymousreply 147March 16, 2019 7:39 PM

Team Jeanne D'Arc? Who skate to popular hits about teenage martyrdom?

by Anonymousreply 148March 16, 2019 8:00 PM

R148 We are fabolous

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 149March 16, 2019 9:13 PM

TSL 3/16/19 Worlds Preview – Part 1. 3 Dave (very manic this episode) starts off by excitedly showing off his Itsuki/Shoma book, sent by “one of our favorite viewers” – he shows off some photos from book, then onto lots about Aljona Savchenko, hiking in ‘Hello Kitty’ pants etc... 8 Her first husband Ingo, a real jerk, was in the Stasi and he spied on Katarina Witt for East Germany! 9 Nam’s last name is pronounced Win. 22 PAIRS. Will Sui be healthy? – off ice 10 days since 4CC. J: It’s Vanessa/Morgan’s to lose even if S/H have finer qualities. D: It’s now or never for J/C. 32 D: Peng has sex appeal/Ashley Cain has none: he hates their 1920s theme short and wonders if they can make top 10 to get the US 2 places next yr. 33: D misses Alexa and loves her energy, she’s exciting – J wonders why she blocked him in Instagram. 38 ICE DANCE. D: May be the deepest discipline. D: P/C win by landslide. 41 C/B vs H/D. 42: D says TAT really did good work in fixing the vote for Med. [somewhere in first part,Dave said he had to learn to run without his limp wrists flopping all over]

by Anonymousreply 150March 17, 2019 12:35 AM

TSL 3/16/19 – Part 2. 54 MEN. Chen’s been sick and didn’t get to go work w/Raf. He’s gonna go for clean, not for broke, and he’s using his Nationals’ layout. 57 Chen isn’t 100% sure he’ll be taking all his classes next yr. 58 Hanyu: it’s good for him that he had the time to heal for 2 mos in one spot w/his team whereas Nathan’s had more indecision.“It comes down to what he’s risking in this chess game against Nathan.” 59.30 Uno: J: This will be the rare event where it all depends on the skating that evening so it’ll be exciting – Uno’s right there w/other two – D: Jin cd be a spoiler as he seems to be on an upward trajectory. 1.01 Zhou has been with Mie Hamada & it’ll be interesting if she’s in K&C w/him whichD says has been discussed. 1.23 They’d much rather watch Aliev than Samarin. 1.03 Jason – D: How will he do without Kori. Will he do the fake quad? Should he? 1.05.50: D is giving Hanyu an edge (in Japan/they’ll want Hanyu to win “he’s the king”) J: “It’s just a matter of his health. If they both skate clean, I think there’s no question that Hanyu will win.”

by Anonymousreply 151March 17, 2019 12:37 AM

TSL 3/16/19 – Part 3. 1.06 LADIES. D wonders why they haven’t yanked Gabby; he thinks they should have. Her situation has become alarming: she photoshopped half of her body out of the group photo on IG. J doesn’t look forward to watching her. 1.08 American girls. Can they get 3 spots? 1.10 Bradie shd do lutz-toe but will she? If she goes for lutz-loop again and misses it, a lot of ppl will want to wring her neck. But her coaches are inexperienced so may not advise well. They mention again they want Ashley to make a comeback, and she or Ting cd get that 3rd spot. 1.12 D: The spoiler will be Tursy (if she does quad). She’s improved w/Eteri though they don’t like her skating: juniorish, bent legs but her choreo is much better than it was with DW. 1.14 D: Where is Tursy in Eteri’s pyramid? (Trusova is the top – she was the only one to get a phone call from Eteri at Jr Worlds). D thinks Tursy’s in the 2nd row because Zag has just been “a problem for them” - a lot of pressure’s on Alina. 1.16 D loves Japanese fluff piece that implies her dog plays around on ice during practice, all fun and games. 1.17 D tells Doug Haw to shut up & not tell him again that Med will win (D doesn’t think TAT has enough money for that) – D: the Japanese may take top 3 (but Zag cd make it) END

by Anonymousreply 152March 17, 2019 12:36 AM

Very uncomfortable TSL- Jonathan rolling his eyes and not engaging half the time

by Anonymousreply 153March 17, 2019 3:01 AM

What was up with him? He looked like he was jumping out of his skin. He's talked before about rehab for an Adderall addiction (also problems with alcohol but he didn't seem drunk - just wired - like a cat on a hot tin roof ;) I shouldn't scoff though if the guy's got problems. Jonathan was very gentle with him - but had his hands full keeping a relatively even keel with Dave all over the map.

by Anonymousreply 154March 17, 2019 8:36 AM

R152 Thank you. Your post prompted me to check on Doug Haw and he and Orser were in Vegas together earlier this month.

The FS Branch conference is on Tuesday, same day the JOC board is having their meeting.

Part 2 of the Plushenko/Sasha games in the last 30 minutes of “Honoo no Taiikukai” yesterday. I haven’t seen any uploads yet, so I don’t have anything to link to right now, but they showed Sasha’s room and visited Plushenko’s academy which looked very fancy.

Sasha had the fan drawing from FaOI last year of him, Hanyu, and Plushenko, on display in his bedroom. Sasha said he likes Hanyu because his skating is beautiful and he’s really nice to him.

Angels of Plushenko has a big training room above the rink, ballet room, meeting and banquet room, a restaurant, and some fancy hotel rooms. Sasha practices 5 hours a day. (It’s 9-10 hours a day for the 9 year olds at Sambo, so that might be standard for elite skating clubs in Russia, though I don’t see how their little bodies are going to last.) There are 100+ students.

Back in Tokyo, Plushenko and Sasha did the skating obstacle course together and like Zagitova and Medvedeva, failed the first time and finished it on their second try. (Sasha tripped the first time.) As a reward, the show took them to the Bic Camera in Yurakucho where Sasha was allowed to choose whatever toy he wanted. He chose a bunch of Takara Tomy minicars (they’re less than 500 yen each) and insisted on carrying the shopping bag himself. For some reason he knew the Japanese word for “Don’t worry, it’s OK.”

Sasha also came out in a Cheburashka costume and gave the Honda sisters one of his creepy “ChebuSashka” dolls.

Chebusashka:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 155March 17, 2019 9:04 AM

I don't know how to judge - how is Jason's Japanese? (at the airport) Is it comparable to Yuzuru's English? (love his little waddling run)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 156March 17, 2019 10:58 AM

Thread pet and esteemed Coach/Choreographer Misha Ge, Esquire, is there for his three students.

Benoit is also there - he posted his badge on IG, which said "Coach/Choreographer"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 157March 17, 2019 12:14 PM

I hear Hanyu’s ice show starts this week.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 158March 17, 2019 4:01 PM

Where is this gorgeous ass..? I am starting to worry.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 159March 17, 2019 4:35 PM

I want to pat that butt. With love.

by Anonymousreply 160March 17, 2019 5:02 PM

Anyone else nervous for worlds? I'm so nervous I don't think I can watch live. We haven't seen Hanyu in months. It would be nice to see him win this competition. I just worry about Hanyu so much.

by Anonymousreply 161March 17, 2019 7:04 PM

Don't worry, they won't give URs in Japan.

by Anonymousreply 162March 17, 2019 7:30 PM

For Hanyu, of course.

by Anonymousreply 163March 17, 2019 7:31 PM

Nice photo.....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 164March 17, 2019 7:42 PM

Thank you! Staring at this delicious peach eases my nervousness...

by Anonymousreply 165March 17, 2019 7:51 PM

First practice in about 3 hours and still no Hanyu- he’s such a tease.

by Anonymousreply 166March 17, 2019 8:41 PM

British skater Philip Harris announces retirement

Peak of his career

22th at 2016 Worlds

24th at 2018 Worlds

13th at 2018 Euros

15th at 2015 Euros

18th at 2016 Euros

1 GP (2018 Finland)

won Mladost Trophy 2013 ...whatever it is...

Hi everyone! The time has finally come to hang up my boots and officially retire as an athlete ⛸ I was waiting to announce anything because if none of our current senior men qualified for the World Championships I was going to make the trip and represent the country one last time, however, a huge congratulations are in order for @pj_hallam for recently qualifying and saving me the trouble! Your hard work has gone a long way and you deserve it buddy, have an amazing time in Japan! Since the #isugrandprix event in #Helsinki I have backed away from the competitive scene and I will now continue to put all my focus into coaching and choreography full time. Of course, I will still train on occasion, I always will, and I’m always available to perform if the opportunity arose, but the pressure is off and it’s time to relax. Looking back from where I started in Blackpool it has been one hell of a ride! National titles, major championships, injuries, travelling the world and meeting so many incredible people just to name a few. I will be forever grateful of the journey I’ve had, and for the people involved. We have been on this journey together and I really do love you all! ❤️❤️ It’s time to wave goodbye to these moments for now, and move on to the next stage of my career ��������#thankyounext .

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 167March 17, 2019 9:16 PM

Who will retire after Saitmana?

Majorov...only him?

Or will Virtanen finally stop?

by Anonymousreply 168March 17, 2019 9:20 PM

World men planned programs out. Hanyu- Helsinki layout with 4A-3A

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 169March 17, 2019 9:24 PM

Oops 4T-3A- Freudian slip

by Anonymousreply 170March 17, 2019 9:26 PM

Feds drawn for judging panels

Men: Canada, China, Taipei, Croatia, Czech Republic, France, Georgia, Israel, Mexico, Poland, Spain, Switzerland, Turkey

Ladies: Austria, China, Taipei, Czech Republic, Estonia, Germany, Great Britain, Kazakhstan, Latvia, Norway, South Korea, Slovenia, USA

Pairs: Australia, Austria, Canada, China, Germany, Great Britain, Hungary, Israel, Italy, Japan, South Korea, Russia, Switzerland

Ice Dance: Australia, Bulgaria, China, France, Germany, Hungary, Israel, Japan, South Korea, Poland, Russia, Turkey, Ukraine

45 minutes before the SP 9 of them will be drawn to sit on the panel. The remaining 4 will judge the FS along with 5 out of the 9 who judged the SP. This draw will take place 45 minutes before the FS

by Anonymousreply 171March 17, 2019 9:28 PM

So glad there’s no US judge for men. Also glad no JPN judge, don’t want to hear about bias.

by Anonymousreply 172March 17, 2019 9:31 PM

I guess Buldge Judge is retired from active duties. He has not judged anything this season. Spain will send someone else

Philippe was at Junior Worlds being referee for Pairs. If France send someone else, it is a blow for Shoma.

by Anonymousreply 173March 17, 2019 9:41 PM

R170 you almost gave me a heart attack with that 4A 3A LMFAO

by Anonymousreply 174March 17, 2019 9:44 PM

My heart jumped in my throat too with the 4A.

Shoma's ankle must still be bothering him. While Yuzu and Nathan are doing 2 quads in short, 4 in free - Shoma is planning 1 quad in short and 3 in free. He's not doing any kind of Lutz and instead of tacking a triple onto his quad combo in the free, he's planning a double toe. That's not like him, typically, is it?

Chen layout: 3A, 4F, 4T+3T – 4Lz, 4F, 4T+3T, 3A, 4T, 3Lz+3T, 3F+eu+3S (2/4)

Hanyu layout: 4S, 3A, 4T+3T – 4Lo, 4S, 3Lo, 4T, 4T+3A, 3F+3T, 3A+eu+3S (2/4)

Uno layout: 4T, 3S+3T, 3A – 4F, 4T, 3Lo, 4T+2T, 3A, 3A+eu+3F, 3S+3T (1/3)

by Anonymousreply 175March 17, 2019 9:51 PM

Pairs practice now.

Fuji reported late last night that Hanyu hadn’t arrived in Japan yet because they didn't catch him at the airport. Their promos are also getting more intense. Keep an eye on their twitter and IG: @online_on_ice and Mura’s IG: @takahitobh5d

r156 Jason is a beginner. He speaks as if each word is its own sentence though you can always tell he’s memorized what he’s going to say. “Good morning. It’s 5:30AM. I’m at the airport. I’m going to Japan soon. I’m excited!” Hanyu’s been living in Canada for years, so it’s not a fair comparison.

Fernandez is commentating on Hanyu’s programs for S1 on TBS this weekend. S1 focused on Kihira’s training in Colorado last episode. A lot of nice footage, including a little from the worlds arena last night:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 176March 17, 2019 10:08 PM

Omg. Now I'm more nervous looking at his layout. 😱

by Anonymousreply 177March 17, 2019 10:19 PM

R169 you almost gave me a heart attack!

by Anonymousreply 178March 17, 2019 10:20 PM

Shoma usually does two quads in the short, but sounds like he's still having trouble with his 4F. Strange that he chooses to do such an easy combo as 3S+3T when he used to do 3F+3T. The free layout is the best he can do without a 4S since he doesn't do lutz jumps anymore and repeats both 4T and 3A.

by Anonymousreply 179March 17, 2019 10:20 PM

Boyang may be the dark horse. His layout is impressive too

by Anonymousreply 180March 17, 2019 10:23 PM

Boyang may be impressive on paper but he's not landed 4S since the Olympics.

by Anonymousreply 181March 17, 2019 10:28 PM

everyone will splat and Matteo Rizzo will randomly finish in top 5

by Anonymousreply 182March 17, 2019 10:32 PM

Rizzo? I doubt it. Keep bringing us the inside scoop on Worlds, JDC. Your news is much appreciated. I really wanted to attend worlds but couldn't even get 1 ticket. The time difference is going to be dreadul but I'm going to try to get up early to watch those short programs.

by Anonymousreply 183March 17, 2019 10:35 PM

Sponichi is reporting from the men's practice rink. Deniss and Lambiel are there.

Plushenko was left out of the updates on Hanyu's bio, oops.

R183 Thanks.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 184March 17, 2019 10:37 PM

I read practice starts soon for the men?. I heard no video allowed so hopefully anyone who is lucky to be there can let us know if Hanyu went to practice and how he did. 🙏

by Anonymousreply 185March 17, 2019 10:40 PM

Practice for the first mens group already started but apparently only Deniss and Lambiel showed up just to take a look at the rink. Too early in the morning for anyone who arrived yesterday. Lots of press waiting, so there will be video on news programs later.

by Anonymousreply 186March 17, 2019 10:51 PM

[quote] I read practice starts soon for the men?. I heard no video allowed so hopefully anyone who is lucky to be there can let us know if Hanyu went to practice and how he did.

Jackie Wong reports on training at his "rockerskating" site (and on Twitter.)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 187March 17, 2019 10:53 PM

Everyone gets two practice sessions per day. The morning session is only at the practice rink. The afternoon one will be at the main rink, so it's likely more skaters will show up.

by Anonymousreply 188March 17, 2019 10:56 PM

Nathan is there.

by Anonymousreply 189March 17, 2019 11:03 PM

Ghislain is also there.

by Anonymousreply 190March 17, 2019 11:06 PM

Jackie Wong ‏ @rockerskating 47s47 seconds ago

It's official: Yuzuru Hanyu is not here (wait for reaction)

by Anonymousreply 191March 17, 2019 11:07 PM

Nathan showed up well before his time to practice?

Tracy Wilson showed up and then left.

Jackie Wong: On practice ice: Deniss Vasiljevs has the rink (and the adoration of the practice crowd) on itself; none of the Japanese men and Igor Reznichenko are on this practice.

by Anonymousreply 192March 17, 2019 11:17 PM

r175 Uno has to tack a 2T onto his quad because he's already has a 3T combo and repeats 4T and 3A. Without a lutz, that's indeed the best he can do.

by Anonymousreply 193March 17, 2019 11:31 PM

How reliable those planned layouts are ? Aren't they usually outdated ?

by Anonymousreply 194March 17, 2019 11:44 PM

Shoma doesn't do lutzes at all? Or just because of his ankle? Does he have edge issues? I don't pay much attention to his layouts.

by Anonymousreply 195March 17, 2019 11:50 PM

r195 Edge issues. He seems to have dropped the lutz completely in the 2017/18 season.

by Anonymousreply 196March 18, 2019 12:01 AM

Shoma flutzes so badly Stevie Wonder could spot them from the opposite side of the rink.

by Anonymousreply 197March 18, 2019 12:01 AM

Shoma is Yuzu’s successor for japan in 2022, he better get his act together. He needs to take better care of that ankle. No one else is really on the horizon, though i still have hopes for shun sato.

by Anonymousreply 198March 18, 2019 12:06 AM

R198 If he can fend off any other major injuries, Sota Yamamoto is going to be a surprise to us and to Shoma in the next couple of seasons, mark a random anon's words.

by Anonymousreply 199March 18, 2019 12:19 AM

Yeah, I was going to say Sota seems to be getting back on track.

by Anonymousreply 200March 18, 2019 12:23 AM

r199 I think he lost too many years to that injury, it broke his technical progress trajectory. I don't think it can be resumed.

by Anonymousreply 201March 18, 2019 12:23 AM

R192 Maybe he overestimated how long it'd take to get to the rink? It's about 40 min by train or car if no traffic from hotel, though they're commuting during rush hour. Luckily, most commute into Tokyo from Saitama in the morning. Samodurova was told it'd take 1.5 hours one way.

Lambiel and Ghislain were sitting together. Only Chen now, everything good until last combo. Raf not even there. No Brown. No music submitted for no-shows.

Promo for Uno for worlds has been surprisingly subdued considering the first half of the season.

by Anonymousreply 202March 18, 2019 12:24 AM

R199 I see your hopes. But shun is only 15 and kind of has a quad already, sato is 19 and comparing him to a 19 yo nathan is really not a realistic competitor

by Anonymousreply 203March 18, 2019 12:27 AM

Jackie is reporting Zhou and Cha, but haven't see any Japanese reports yet. Britschgi?

by Anonymousreply 204March 18, 2019 12:30 AM

Japanese skaters are still sleeping

by Anonymousreply 205March 18, 2019 12:32 AM

Sorry, I meant Japanese twitter not reporting on anyone except Chen. Press also only interviewing Chen so far.

by Anonymousreply 206March 18, 2019 12:36 AM

Why is she such a creep, always imitating his every move or gesture. There is nothing cute about it. I know that account on insta is run by a loon but Med is giving her plenty of ammunition for her ramblings.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 207March 18, 2019 6:59 AM

Hamada with Zhou at the boards; Med with Tracy and Ge (coach/choreographer); no Hanyu to be found. Wtf is this??

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 208March 18, 2019 7:31 AM

FNN news (@FNN_News) will be livestreaming the Japanese men’s press conference tomorrow at around 12PM. IF Hanyu doesn’t show up at practice later tonight or first practice tomorrow, we will definitely see or hear from him then. Nothing really notable about the ladies press conference, except Miyahara said her steps in SP have changed.

Orser also hasn’t shown up and didn’t arrive with Tracy and Med at the airport. Zagitova has finally appeared. Ghislain also currently at the subrink?

Tech panel has been added to Worlds results page: www. isuresults. com/results/season1819/wc2019/

Men: TC – Leena Laarksonen (Finland), TS – Evgeny Martynov (Ukraine), ATS - Masako Kawai (Japan). Mao ubers absolutely hate Kawai and are going to go crazy.

Ladies: TC – Mami Maeda (Japan), TS – Vanessa Gusmeroli (France), Katerina Kamberska (Czech Republic)

Hanyu found! (sort of):

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 209March 18, 2019 8:36 AM

Still no Eteri or Orser. Dudakov is coaching Zagitova while Tracy is coaching Med again. Ghislain was at the rinkside while Hamada and Tamura were there for Kihira and Miyahara, but now sitting.

by Anonymousreply 210March 18, 2019 8:50 AM

R209 Was Kawai strict on Mao's URs or was it something else? Thanks for all the updates.

by Anonymousreply 211March 18, 2019 8:53 AM

I want the bitching for all involved in the race for the 24th because Nicole Schott has Gusmeroli, her choreographer, in the Technical Panel

by Anonymousreply 212March 18, 2019 9:04 AM

r207 I find people obsessed with criticizing Med's every move far creepier than her juvenile behavior.

by Anonymousreply 213March 18, 2019 9:15 AM

R211 Yes.

R212 What?! She was also on the ladies Sochi panel...

by Anonymousreply 214March 18, 2019 9:20 AM

R212 LMAO. That Emmi bitches about everything though.

by Anonymousreply 215March 18, 2019 9:22 AM

This season track record for the TPs

Kawai: no event

Martynov: Salt Lake City challenger (Ladies)

Gusmeroli: Rostelecom (Ladies)

Kamberska: Warsaw Cup (Ladies), Nepela (Ladies)

---

Laarksonen: Autumn Classic (Ladies), Finlandia Trophy (Ladies), Universiadi (Ladies)

Maede: JGP Richmond (Men)

by Anonymousreply 216March 18, 2019 9:44 AM

Uno and Tanaka have arrived.

R216 Thank you. So there's no doubt about Gusmeroli.

by Anonymousreply 217March 18, 2019 9:54 AM

Come on, you must remember me

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 218March 18, 2019 9:59 AM

Hanyu arrived in Japan today.

by Anonymousreply 219March 18, 2019 10:01 AM

Prime News showed Zagitova arriving at the airport at 11AM today. I didn't see Eteri or Daniil, only Dudakov was with her. Masaru doesn't listen to Eteri by the way. Had footage of Japanese ladies, Medvedeva and Chen at first practice and interview with Kihira.

R218 0.0 0.0 Go back to the circus, VANESSA.

by Anonymousreply 220March 18, 2019 10:18 AM

Hanyu at the airport:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 221March 18, 2019 10:39 AM

The Swan has landed.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 222March 18, 2019 10:46 AM

R207. I'm to the point where I don't even like her anymore. Something is wrong with her. She isn't some little child. She's an adult.

by Anonymousreply 223March 18, 2019 1:05 PM

R222 It is to be expected but damn he looks tired.

by Anonymousreply 224March 18, 2019 1:27 PM

Even thinner than he was at Pyeongchang. When Hanyu rolls up to a competition with his double chin mostly gone you know he means business and shit's gonna be real. He's drawing on his fat reserves like a polar bear. We can only hope and pray his ass has survived.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 225March 18, 2019 1:34 PM

R225 why do you put the fear of God on me but implying his ass may have not survived

by Anonymousreply 226March 18, 2019 1:42 PM

R226 Upon reflection I realize since it appears to be pure muscle rather than fat, his ass should be fine. I hope that makes you feel better.

by Anonymousreply 227March 18, 2019 1:46 PM

Jackie Wong @rockerskating

Nathan Chen's current program layouts look to be:

SP: 3A 4F 4T3T

FS: 4Lz 4F 4S 3A 4T3T 4T3T 3F1Eu3S

by Anonymousreply 228March 18, 2019 1:47 PM

R227 Thank you, I appreciate it.

by Anonymousreply 229March 18, 2019 2:20 PM

Yuzu gave an interview. He's officially back.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 230March 18, 2019 5:19 PM

R230 I really don't get why he arrived so late. He might not have jetlag issues like Shoma but anyone will feel tired for one or two days after such a long flight. It's almost like he wants to stay at little as possible in his country nowadays. I know that's probably not it but still, the past year out of 12 months he barely spent 3 months in Japan. Same the one before. I also don't get how his mom can stand being away from her husband for months at a time since 2012. I understand being there for your son especially when he is such a high level athlete who needs a huge support system but sacrifying 7 years of your married life as well as the time with your other child is really crazy to me. I mean when he was a minor (so until his 20th birthday) it made sense but he will be 25 this year and has won 2 OGMs, does he really still need mommy to be there and hold his hand 24/7. I'm admittedly one of his biggest fans but this familial arrangement is really strange. But maybe I'm just too narrow minded.

by Anonymousreply 231March 18, 2019 6:14 PM

Wong "Shoma Uno's quad salchow is back in his free skate, right in time for Worlds" - he also did a run-through of his short program with two quads. And Wong said Nathan was doing FS run-throughs with five quads.

by Anonymousreply 232March 18, 2019 6:34 PM

R231 There's a cultural difference - many Asians don't see this arrangement as out of the ordinary. I went to a school where there were quite a few Chinese mothers who accompanied their children while the husbands stayed to work in their home country. The school was middle school through high school, so we're talking about 8 years abroad. I imagine as an elite athlete, the stakes are even higher. Hanyu's case is well advertised, but there are plenty of athletes living away from their families with one parent. Also, the arrangement seems to work for them and it's none of our business.

R232 I saw that Jackie tweet too. I think Shoma's doing 2 quads for his SP, but I don't see Nathan doing 5 quads.

by Anonymousreply 233March 18, 2019 6:51 PM

Maybe you mean you don't see it as a likelihood or possibility? But just in case - here's the tweet where Jackie guessed Nathan's 5-quad FS plans, I assume by watching what he's doing in practice (I added commas to make it easier to read):

Jackie Wong @rockerskating 9h9 hours ago

Nathan Chen's current program layouts look to be:

SP: 3A, 4F, 4T3T

FS: 4Lz, 4F, 4S, 3A, 4T3T, 4T3T, 3F,1Eu3S

by Anonymousreply 234March 18, 2019 7:48 PM

Oops too many commas - the last jumping pass is 3F1Eu3S

by Anonymousreply 235March 18, 2019 7:48 PM

R230 I thereby confirm that I have no chill and I can't skate for fun. Also, I'm only happy when I see my competition perish.

by Anonymousreply 236March 18, 2019 7:50 PM

Asian culture is a thing where even 30 or 40 year olds may still live at home as long as they want to, even if they are already making bank or have a career and can live independently. Of course, not everyone lives like that, but it isn't considered out of the ordinary. Nowadays some may see it as strange.

Also, doesn't Hanyu's mother also play a dual role as a manager of sorts for him? Especially since he doesn't have an agency so that he can focus on his skating and studies and she does a lot of everything else. He probably trusts her plenty as she's his mother.

by Anonymousreply 237March 18, 2019 8:16 PM

What is up with Team Japan men and terrible orange highlights?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 238March 18, 2019 8:20 PM

R233 I know perfectly well about Asian parents going abroad with their children while the other stays home, that's why I mentioned that it made sense while Yuzu was a minor so until 20 or even let's say until his 2nd OGM as it was his life goal. That she is still with him all the time nowadays and especially given that they stay in Japan less and less as years go isn't normal even by Japanese/Asian standards. Not only that, she still goes with him to TCC and stays and watches his every practise, same with literally every where he goes. She is always somewhere in a corner. You don't see other Asian tiger moms or Medvedeva's Russian bear mom do that.

by Anonymousreply 239March 18, 2019 8:22 PM

R231. I understand what you're saying. I think even though he is 24 he does need his mom. She is like his guardian angel. He's been through so much. He probably feels better having her there with him.

by Anonymousreply 240March 18, 2019 8:28 PM

The only place free from mama Hanyu's clutches is the locker room. Just imagine all the things that may have happened there

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 241March 18, 2019 8:31 PM

R234 Yes, I meant I think it's unlikely that Nathan is planning a 5 quad program. I saw the Jackie tweet too, so I'm not questioning your info. I just think that with the already shortened time frame, the greater penalties for falls, and all his talk about wanting to build his artistic side, it just seems odd to fall back on that now. Maybe Nathan's practicing in case he needs to trot out the 5th quad if he's behind/close after SP and wants to pull out the big guns.

R239 Med's mother is in Toronto with her and is very involved in her career; Jin's mother had planned to move with him to Toronto even though he's 21 now; Yuna is 28 and her mother runs her business and was/is probably even more involved in her training, life and career than Hanyu's. Maybe Hanyu's mother wants to be there? Who knows. I guess Hanyu's unusual in that he's not retired at an age when many skaters retire, so maybe they're just continuing the routine they are used to. I don't understand the fascination with their relationship/living arrangement when the details we have are at best sketchy.

by Anonymousreply 242March 18, 2019 8:42 PM

Oh sorry R242 - I do think it means he's trying to keep his 4S on the backburner - I mean, it's definitely what Yuzuru would do - pull out all the stops.

A new interview (sheesh I'm becoming the Chen troll and I'm more of a Yuzu fan, but anyway)"

"How well Chen skates at worlds will factor “to some degree” in his decision about whether to enroll at Yale for next fall. He has until August to decide. “It depends on what my goals are in skating,” Chen said. “I can always find time to continue my education. Skating has more of an end date.” His skating schedule after worlds is to include appearances in nine of the 13 Stars on Ice shows in April and May, and he might return to Japan for the World Team Trophy in mid-April. Both are lucrative gigs.

And about not seeing Chen before Worlds, Raf said “I didn’t want to see him right before a competition because he would try too hard to impress me and get tired.” [yeah, right]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 243March 18, 2019 8:52 PM

R239 I'm not sure why this topic is getting your panties riled up, but obviously Yuzu is not just any “Asian”. He’s a star athlete and essentially a family business. He’s not just some Asian kid coming to the US to study abroad. If she wants to watch her kid skate everyday, so what?? Hanyu has had injury issues and with any aging athlete it gets harder and harder and he needs to invest more time to do as well. If it makes you feel any better, I’m sure when he retires, he’ll return to Japan. I mean technically it is the only language he speaks.

by Anonymousreply 244March 18, 2019 8:58 PM

I don't know why Hanyu attracts all the creepy analysis into his personal life. Every gesture, every person he trains with, encounters or looks at. Even his mother, father and sister who eschew the spotlight and don't invite the intrusion. The only creepy analysis I make an exception for is his ass - he clearly invites deep and penetrating inquiries into this particular area.

by Anonymousreply 245March 18, 2019 9:13 PM

>I also don't get how his mom can stand being away from her husband for months at a time since 2012.

You must be quite young to make a comment like this.

by Anonymousreply 246March 18, 2019 9:14 PM

R245 Disgusting. And you think you are not creepy?

by Anonymousreply 247March 18, 2019 9:16 PM

R247 This a Hanyu ass lusting thread, what are you doing? Get out if you are going to clutch your pearls like that. More ass pics meanwhile, please.

by Anonymousreply 248March 18, 2019 9:27 PM

R248 You're talking to Daitroll at r247, given the fact that it doesn't appear for me. Please have a heart - Daitroll probably grew up with warty, hairy asses that smelled of low tide and undigested orphaned children, so it just doesn't know any better.

Not ass, but perhaps a glimpse of abs will do for now?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 249March 18, 2019 9:38 PM

i hear 200 people showed up to the first Yuzu non-practice, I wonder how many will be there today -a 1000?

by Anonymousreply 250March 18, 2019 9:42 PM

R248 You are disgusting. Hanyu farts as well and takes a shit, you realize that?

by Anonymousreply 251March 18, 2019 9:43 PM

R249 Ah damn. I had forgotten about the daitroll lol. Blocked now.

by Anonymousreply 252March 18, 2019 9:46 PM

R252 LOL What Daitroll? Ha, ha assHOLE , you are pedophile like Jackson. Kids have buttoms like that. Hanyu like all those losers from Japan , lives with mum because she has to do laundry for him. He is useless. He is a bore.

by Anonymousreply 253March 18, 2019 9:50 PM

R249 You, whore live with mum as well? Maybe Hanyu should go to school, like Nathan or other skaters , not to listen music and play games all the time. He is grown up man, who doesn't even know how to clean dishes.

by Anonymousreply 254March 18, 2019 9:54 PM

Well well well who do we have here. What is pouty face up to, JDC? Is he sitting or standing? At the boards rearranging skate guards or just looking poutily into the distance. Spare no detail!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 255March 18, 2019 10:16 PM

Something a little different from the usual ass shot to tide the thread over for a few hours.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 256March 18, 2019 10:22 PM

R256 His ass doesnt look like that in reality. Everything is bigger and rounder in camera . Close up does the work. Keep dreaming that he looks like that

by Anonymousreply 257March 18, 2019 10:26 PM

r231 r239 Medvedeva’s mom is at practices, accompanies her daughter on show tours, and involved in all aspects of Med’s career, while Hanyu’s mom doesn’t touch the skating. It's rather well-known in Russian fs. Med’s grandma even shows up sometimes. Chen’s mom has also gone with him on tour, not just to practices and competitions, and she’s the one who kept changing his program layouts at the Olympics. Both skaters have an IMG agent who accompanies them.

Hanyu suffers from non-injury-related medical issues (such as asthma attacks induced by air travel) and that’s why the family has always insisted mom accompany him. She’s not just his agent/manager, but also acts as his bodyguard. She’s had to stop fans from grabbing him, and not even TCC is safe from stalkers.

(Speaking of asthma, it’s cherry blossom season which is absolute hell if you have allergies or asthma.)

And Hanyu “goes home” more frequently than most who live abroad. Three months is a very long time, especially considering his training base is in Toronto and Sendai doesn’t have the facilities to allow him to regularly practice and keep his ass in shape.I

Anyway, some bad fan behavior going on reserving seats.

by Anonymousreply 258March 19, 2019 12:19 AM

R258 LOL Nice try, but you forgot to mention that she is a housekepper for him and he is an adult

by Anonymousreply 259March 19, 2019 12:26 AM

OK, I don't really care about Hanyu's life but you can't compare him to Med and Chen who are both still teenagers.

by Anonymousreply 260March 19, 2019 12:27 AM

R259 you must be poor. I’m an adult and I have a housekeeper.

by Anonymousreply 261March 19, 2019 12:32 AM

R261 hah so Hanyu is stingy, too , his mommy does everything for free. Or maybe not. She is wasting her life , so maybe our loser pays her

by Anonymousreply 262March 19, 2019 12:37 AM

Usually when you're successful you have people take care of you. Cook, clean, do laundary, get feet massages. When your child is providing for your entire family, they make sure they do whatever they need to do to help him succeed. Plus he’s pretty much a national treasure so they are being good Japanese citizens.

by Anonymousreply 263March 19, 2019 12:36 AM

R260 Med/Chen and their families have invested and been involved in every aspect of their lives since they were young. If they go on to be OGMs in 2022 and then continue to skate and become multimillionaires, their families will not stop managing their lives and say, you've turned that arbitrary age where it is deemed by certain cultures that you're adults and must live independently on your own; so while this arrangement might have worked out for us for the last 20+ years of your life, and no one seems to be complaining, we're going to up end your life and ours, just because a few Americans can't wrap their heads around the fact that other cultures/families have different values and dynamics. Even now, as Nathan's living "independently" in New Haven, Raf is still grousing about the family council making skating decisions for him. Anyway, it was R239 who brought up Med and other Asian tiger moms, not R258.

by Anonymousreply 264March 19, 2019 1:13 AM

[264] That may or may not happen but the point is until they turn 24 the comparisons are not valid.

by Anonymousreply 265March 19, 2019 1:17 AM

R264: Win gold in 2022?! Ha ha They’ll be done by 2020.

by Anonymousreply 266March 19, 2019 1:23 AM

Yuzuru is on MR!!

by Anonymousreply 267March 19, 2019 1:29 AM

R267 Has the ass survived all the weight loss?????

by Anonymousreply 268March 19, 2019 1:29 AM

He came earlier , only to see P/C, as always!

by Anonymousreply 269March 19, 2019 1:31 AM

Med and Zag won’t be able to compete with up and coming quadsters and 3 axelers from Japan, US, and Russia.

Chen, however, does not have real threats on the horizon til 2022. Hanyu likely retire, Shoma back to silvers, Jin’s PCS is always gonna be low except with Chinese judges, Gogo is dull with low PCS. Anyone else?

by Anonymousreply 270March 19, 2019 1:30 AM

R270 Jun Hwan?

by Anonymousreply 271March 19, 2019 1:38 AM

Jun barely has 2 quads

by Anonymousreply 272March 19, 2019 1:39 AM

To compete with Nathan a skater will need to have 3 solid quads. I mean assuming Nathan doesn’t get injured and can keep his current skills.

by Anonymousreply 273March 19, 2019 1:42 AM

R265 There are no easy comparisons because there hasn't been another skater with Hanyu's level of notoriety, money and responsibility who has had to live and train abroad continuously from their teens until their mid twenties. I can only think of Yuna, but Yuna returned to Korea when she was 19 and even then her mother continued to be extremely hands-on.

by Anonymousreply 274March 19, 2019 1:48 AM

Freakin Japan with their no phone rules. We’ve resorted to hand drawings, really!?!?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 275March 19, 2019 1:52 AM

R275 The drawing looks hilarious. Is that Hanyu bending over? If so, ass is still +5.

by Anonymousreply 276March 19, 2019 1:55 AM

R275 that's hilarious

by Anonymousreply 277March 19, 2019 2:02 AM

The King is back!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 278March 19, 2019 2:21 AM

Crazy eyes in top form. He looks to be jumping well too. All his planned quads + a 4T-3A-high kick.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 279March 19, 2019 2:35 AM

Our bro Radford knows what the people want and has his eye on the ball, as it were.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 280March 19, 2019 2:40 AM

Olympic Channel on top of it as well

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 281March 19, 2019 2:41 AM

R281 Great pic.

Someone google translate Ge for me. WTF is he trying to say? I hope Radford wins. Ge will be insufferable.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 282March 19, 2019 2:50 AM

PC stream:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 283March 19, 2019 3:01 AM

Last five questions only for Hanyu, including one from Chinese reporter about 2022.

by Anonymousreply 284March 19, 2019 3:10 AM

Uno thanked a reporter for being so considerate when he was finally asked a question.

by Anonymousreply 285March 19, 2019 3:16 AM

R285 oh does he care about attention now

by Anonymousreply 286March 19, 2019 3:17 AM

R284 China wishes for Yuzu cash cow in 2022.

by Anonymousreply 287March 19, 2019 3:22 AM

Exactly R287. Wish they would stop asking him about 2022. Leave him alone about it.

by Anonymousreply 288March 19, 2019 3:23 AM

Stream was in and out. The only new info is Hanyu started jumping the loop about 3 weeks ago, landed 1 out of 50. Then slowly strengthened his ankle and increased his endurance and stamina to withstand the jump because he needs to do the loop this time unlike the Olympics.

by Anonymousreply 289March 19, 2019 3:28 AM

r285 Uno and Tanaka are good sports. It would be understandable if they were sick of all the attention Hanyu gets, but they seem to take it in stride.

Mama Hanyu's gotten some attention here for her attentiveness, but she has clearly failed in teaching her son how to comb his hair. He's like those young children with underdeveloped fine motor skills who take a comb to their heads and just roughly pull straight down.

Ugh, Hanyu talking about how the fire in him almost died after COR. I now want to vomit each time I see him jump. Does this make me a fan or not, I can't tell.

by Anonymousreply 290March 19, 2019 5:50 AM

I'm on edge too. There was a collective gasp in the arena after that quad where Jackie Wong said he grimaced.

I'm remembering a recent interview with Tracy Wilson. I think she had watched a rugby game or something - and she said she thought of that, skated up to Yuzuru, and told him to think about the Japanese rugby team. "At least no one is going to hit you" I think she said. WTF? I keep wondering about the why's of her doing that. Was he down or worried or something? Surely he knows about Japanese rugby already, and race car drivers, and that fellow-medalist skateboarder he grilled about rotations - lots of sports are brutal. Remember Yuzuru saying "Try something new" in the boxing gloves...

I guess that's the thing about sports superheroes - we empathize more with them - why don't I feel sorrier for Boyang being fourth at the Olys (surely one of life's big blows) and then talking about his depression? Or the scores in skating who've dedicated their lives but will never get anything near as much back from it as Yuzuru already has.

Oh never mind. I need to chill out (and not watch till after it's done). He's the reason I'm keeping my over-priced satellite dish so Worlds will be on my DVR. Dammit with all the geoblocking and then after, taking youtube videos down.

by Anonymousreply 291March 19, 2019 7:05 AM

Skating order for ladies SP out.

r290 [quote]Ugh, Hanyu talking about how the fire in him almost died after COR.

Where did that come from? I hope that’s not being passed around. That’s not what he said.

He said he was able to use up a lot of his competitive “fire” when he performed in Rostelecom and a small part inside him that had been smoldering was finally freed after he was able to get through his FS even though it was tough. But it was hard watching competitions while he was unable to compete because he still had the fire and the oil, but was like a single flame burning in a tiny room. Now he’s like a violent blaze burning brightly in a large box. (Yeah, his choice of “large box” was weird. I think he meant to say “tiny box” and “large room.”)

No wonder you guys are always panicking and find everything he says tragic.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 292March 19, 2019 8:31 AM

I'm going to wait til Gabby Daleman to tune in. Word is that none of the Canadians have been doing well in practice though.

by Anonymousreply 293March 19, 2019 8:46 AM

Nathan Chen was in the next group to practice after Yuzuru's.

Sina Sports headline: "Yuzuru Hanyu's first practice to thousands of cheering fans. After he got off the ice all 50 cameramen left"

Wonder if them leaving had any psychological affect on Nathan. And did some of the audience leave as well?

by Anonymousreply 294March 19, 2019 10:45 AM

I hope I'm wrong, but it looks like Gabby has been starving herself.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 295March 19, 2019 10:48 AM

R294 cue all the gatekeeping and raging that Fanyus (and JPN media) suck despite this being practice

R292 Zhenya - Kihira - Zags. Will be very interesting. Let's see if the glaring differences in their condition or skills will affect their scores or not, skating after one another.

by Anonymousreply 296March 19, 2019 12:23 PM

R295, Gabby probably photoshopped herself in that photo, which she often does. It's concerning that she does that but better than her arriving to worlds emaciated, I guess. I wish her the best this week.

I'm so excited for worlds. I delayed the start of my new work gig to next Monday so I can watch everything.

by Anonymousreply 297March 19, 2019 12:32 PM

R292 Lol it's also no wonder that people messed up the translation of all that, he sounds like purple prose.

by Anonymousreply 298March 19, 2019 1:31 PM

R298 No, 'tis I who is the prince of purple prose.

by Anonymousreply 299March 19, 2019 1:36 PM

Fuj, yellow teeth , wrinkles, he looks like 35 years old

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 300March 19, 2019 1:55 PM

omg

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 301March 19, 2019 1:56 PM

R300. Really? He looks good to me. Glad to see him smiling.

by Anonymousreply 302March 19, 2019 2:07 PM

R302 Seriously? He looks terrible

by Anonymousreply 303March 19, 2019 2:08 PM

I think he's beautiful.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 304March 19, 2019 2:36 PM

He looks very, very thin. Even more slender than before...I think. Maybe a bit too tired and stressed but absolutely breathtaking all the same, imho.

by Anonymousreply 305March 19, 2019 2:40 PM

R304 This is photoshopped

by Anonymousreply 306March 19, 2019 2:41 PM

R305. I admit he lost weight. He must have done that for a reason. I'm guessing because of his ankle. He doesn't look horrible though.

by Anonymousreply 307March 19, 2019 2:45 PM

That was for R303.

by Anonymousreply 308March 19, 2019 2:47 PM

Maybe there are new people in this thread, so let this be a public service announcement to you all - it is never worth it to respond to Dailtroll (r300/r301/r303 etc), even about seemingly innocuous things like someone's looks. It will inevitably end in an inchoate shitstorm that is at best mildly entertaining but never ever worth the trouble. The other thread managed to get rid of our psych ward friend because people just blocked it and stopped responding to it. Please help the rest of us out and do the same.

by Anonymousreply 309March 19, 2019 2:51 PM

R308 I dont care he lost weight or not. He looks old . Obviously ,he sometimes wears make up , but not on practises.

by Anonymousreply 310March 19, 2019 2:51 PM

R292 Thank you for clarifying. It was from this tweet. I get what he's saying now that you've put it in context.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 311March 19, 2019 3:00 PM

R309. It reminds me of one of those anti trolls on Twitter that make fun of how he looks and saying things about his teeth. Will block now.

by Anonymousreply 312March 19, 2019 3:00 PM

R309 The point is I am not some daitroll. you block many posters here , because they claim something you dont like. And later you think all of those people are one person

by Anonymousreply 313March 19, 2019 3:01 PM

R312. You realize there are more people who think that his teeth are disgusting? Fuj, they are yellow

by Anonymousreply 314March 19, 2019 3:04 PM

...he didn't go to their hairdresser for the highlights

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 315March 19, 2019 3:04 PM

R305 That's from him training at 120%. His 120% is probably my 920% which means it would kill me, but it was just weight loss on Hanyu.

by Anonymousreply 316March 19, 2019 3:26 PM

R316 That thin , short japs is stronger then you? You re such a cunt

by Anonymousreply 317March 19, 2019 3:35 PM

R291 I understand what u mean, that some skaters may never get anything back after all the hard work. But Yuzuru get much back that because he has more talent and hard work. What he is doing right now, put difficult entry to quad, is the hardest thing, but didn't get reward that much compare to how hard it is. 4T+3A seq is also difficult but the point is stupidity low. Basically because it's new thing and the rule maker never do theses thing by themselves so they don't know how hard it is.And I don't know how he survived many years of competition with skater that get candy score from judges many time. Anyway his fame also come from his personality, His charity giving all the money from 2 OGM.

Can u quess what height is his jump?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 318March 19, 2019 3:41 PM

R250 more than 3000 people showed up for Yuzu practice, that’s more than some competitions (combined)

R304 Beautiful GOATzuru! The majority of the world agrees with you . He is also the rare one without any plastic surgery on that list.

by Anonymousreply 319March 19, 2019 3:45 PM

R319 Majority? No one know him. Even in Japan he is hardly known

by Anonymousreply 320March 19, 2019 3:49 PM

Laureus jumping on the bandwagon

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 321March 19, 2019 3:55 PM

R313: Yeah, getting tired of the thread cop.

by Anonymousreply 322March 19, 2019 4:07 PM

I don't mind others having different opinions. But it's disgusting to make fun of how someone looks. I don't find it funny at all. The one doing that needs mental help. Being obsessed with teeth? Wow.

by Anonymousreply 323March 19, 2019 4:12 PM

Lol, I am not obssesed. So who are you then if I am obsessed one ? I am just pointing out his bad aging

by Anonymousreply 324March 19, 2019 4:21 PM

R311 Thank you. Oh, god. Everything in that tweet is wrong, every sentence. And so many have retweeted it. I don't even know where they got "It was very painful."

R321 Laureus is shameless.

by Anonymousreply 325March 19, 2019 4:42 PM

R325 I smirked a little at Laureus as well, but below is their mission. If they can make Yuzu and figure skating known more world-wide, it's a win-win IMO.

Our vision is: “using the power of sport to end violence, discrimination and disadvantage. Proving that sport can change the world”.

We Support more than 100 sports-based community programmes in 35 countries to combat social challenges facing children and young people, such as violence and crime, discrimination, lack of education, unemployment and preventable diseases.

Every programme which we support is addressing at least one of the following six social issues, which are aligned with the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals:

Health: Enhancing mental wellbeing and encouraging healthy behaviour change Education: Increased access to and completion of education Women and Girls: Promoting equality, empowerment and safety Employability: Developing skills and creating pathways to employment Inclusive Society: Creating communities which embrace ethnic, cultural and physical differences Peaceful Society: Resolving conflict, promoting community peace-building and creating safe spaces

by Anonymousreply 326March 19, 2019 5:58 PM

Back to the good stuff. After 2 practice sessions I can't believe there aren't more pictures of you know who.

by Anonymousreply 327March 19, 2019 5:59 PM

R327: I know, where is Mischa Ge!

by Anonymousreply 328March 19, 2019 6:00 PM

"crossovers, 2 footed skating, forward skating doesn't matter, it's the hand gestures and face that creates passion"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 329March 19, 2019 6:06 PM

speak of the ~devil~ coachoreographer

by Anonymousreply 330March 19, 2019 6:38 PM

Bless Under Armour forever. Amen.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 331March 19, 2019 7:15 PM

R331. Nice photo! ! I have a question. He looks like he has something under his top. What is that? And for what?

by Anonymousreply 332March 19, 2019 7:41 PM

R332 It's likely a heart rate monitor/sensor or some similar device monitoring his vitals. The ones you wear around your chest are more accurate than something like a fitbit (at least when I looked into them a few years ago).

by Anonymousreply 333March 19, 2019 8:00 PM

Ladies SP starts at 15.05 local time and finish at 20.56

The not to missed first group is

Hongyi CHEN

Elzbieta KROPA

Marina PIREDDA

Julia SAUTER

Valentina MATOS

Second group is maybe more iconic...

Pernille SORENSEN

Dasa GRM

Eva Lotta KIIBUS

Alexandra FEIGIN

Natasha MCKAY

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 334March 19, 2019 8:14 PM

R333. Thanks for responding. I thought maybe it was because of his asthma or something.

by Anonymousreply 335March 19, 2019 9:00 PM

He really looks very thin even by his standards. Hope he is ok. I feel like he is even thinner than he was in Pyeongchang.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 336March 19, 2019 9:04 PM

R336 It's totally photoshopped. The guy's orca fat IRL. Sad.

by Anonymousreply 337March 19, 2019 9:10 PM

Great shot. Old chap behind Yuzu looks like he is enjoying the view.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 338March 19, 2019 9:26 PM

R336 Yeah, his underarmor doesn't look as skin tight and the team jacket looks big on him. I guess it was necessary to keep as much weight off his ankle as possible.

by Anonymousreply 339March 19, 2019 9:27 PM

R258 As another poster said both Nathan and Medvedeva are still teenagers and that's besides the point: Med's mom is divorced and hence not sacrifying her marriage for her daughter. Nathan may have a tiger mom with a dumb understanding of winning Olympic layouts but he is living independently nowadays. Even Shoma is living with his brother not with his mom. The only comparable case was Yuna but that did not last that long. Again this configuration is pretty rare and I am just genuinely curious as to how mama Hanyu copes with it. Staying 9 months per year away from your husband is very long even for a son who brings you glory and money.

by Anonymousreply 340March 19, 2019 9:40 PM

R340 no worries, the Coach / Choreographer / Caretaker will resolve this big issue for ya all folks after this worlds. Only if I win the ISU Athletes Commission though.

by Anonymousreply 341March 19, 2019 9:53 PM

R340 *eye rolls* ...bored...obviously you don’t understand other cultures. People outside of America are used to having to sacrifice for their children - even if that means living apart. You have an unusual infatuation with mama Hanyu and her marital relations.

by Anonymousreply 342March 19, 2019 9:57 PM

Perfect physique and proportions

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 343March 19, 2019 10:00 PM

R340 why do you want him to be alone so bad? I think is nice he has a support system.

by Anonymousreply 344March 19, 2019 10:05 PM

R342 Not American, thank God. I can't deny the "unusual infatuation with mama Hanyu's marital life" bit though. We are all weirdos here anyway.

by Anonymousreply 345March 19, 2019 10:07 PM

R343 Bless. Bringing it back to what this thread SHOULD be focusing on.

by Anonymousreply 346March 19, 2019 10:08 PM

R342 R344 Right? It's just his mom. They make it sound like he lives with someone creepy like Misha Ge or something.

by Anonymousreply 347March 19, 2019 10:12 PM

R231 I think you have your own explanation , you are “too narrow minded”

by Anonymousreply 348March 19, 2019 10:17 PM

r348 That statement, in this thread, takes the hypocrisy to a wehole new level.

by Anonymousreply 349March 19, 2019 10:23 PM

R349- it’s a direct quote!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 350March 19, 2019 10:25 PM

r350 Okay. It's funny AND hypocritical. Like this entire thread. So let's bring on more of that ass before it disappears.

by Anonymousreply 351March 19, 2019 10:29 PM

>Staying 9 months per year away from your husband is very long even for a son who brings you glory and money.

I hate to shock you but, for many married couples, this setup is often ideal and can actually help rather than hurt a marriage.

by Anonymousreply 352March 19, 2019 10:48 PM

asian people dont fuck with each other after 40, so they dont care.

by Anonymousreply 353March 19, 2019 10:52 PM

First time poster. I ask, what this forum is that says laughter things about my handsome son, Misha Ge. He travels world, offering service of art, working bottom hard at low rates or votes to Athletes Commission and for this, he is called "creep"? I am peaceful woman (with much sexy times, unlike mother of unnamed skater), so no hard words - I will win over thread with photos of my boy from the rear. That seems popular on thread, no?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 354March 19, 2019 11:09 PM

A favorite of mine. He looks like angel with ombre panty hose. I said to him, "you go more see through, show them beautiful." But he is shy boy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 355March 19, 2019 11:14 PM

Misha Ge, an angel we don’t deserve

by Anonymousreply 356March 19, 2019 11:27 PM

R355 Well his ass does look rather nice in that picture.

by Anonymousreply 357March 20, 2019 12:00 AM

r340 Uno and his brother are supposed to be living in an apartment near the family home, yet mom still wakes him up, takes care of his food, does his laundry (remember, he doesn’t even know how clothes dry), packs his bags, takes him to and from the rink every day, is known as his “second coach” for instructing him during practices, even carries his wallet because he can’t take care of it himself and it’s not an issue because she’s always around (Uno’s words). Almost every aspect of his life is decided by his mom or team. That's how he gets those crazy hairstyles.

You’re the one who brought up Med’s mom (and the tiger moms) for comparison and erroneously said she isn’t around when she’s always around and more involved than Hanyu’s mom, so it’s rather unfair to turn around and now say we shouldn’t compare them.

It’s also common for dad to be transferred to a different part of Japan or world and live apart from the family for years. I still think you're underestimating the fame/stalker and health factor.

R354 Why does no one ever ship Ge with anyone, not even his “best friend”?

by Anonymousreply 358March 20, 2019 12:10 AM

My boy is getting new fans already! So many good tastes here!

[quote]Why does no one ever ship Ge with anyone, not even his “best friend”?

Good question, Dirty Tsar, I ask my baby all the time, "Why I find so much sticky tissues and socks in your room? The nice girls line up to be your tissue, why not pick one?" He says to me, "Mama, I'm good boy and focus on work. My people see me as figure of authority and pay much respect, unlike unnamed skater who shows off bottom offerings to whores on sodomite forum." This is heavy burden my angel must carry for having noted multi talents.

More present for new friends of this thread

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 359March 20, 2019 12:48 AM

some streams????

by Anonymousreply 360March 20, 2019 1:30 AM

I'm using this stream...it's pretty reliable

Martin Bidar and his brother are super hot! I don't think he was wise to break up with his previous partner, though.

by Anonymousreply 361March 20, 2019 2:01 AM

Sorry, the Bidar boys got me so excited I forgot the link.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 362March 20, 2019 2:01 AM

Or this

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 363March 20, 2019 2:06 AM

Thanks!

by Anonymousreply 364March 20, 2019 2:08 AM

Trennt MICHAUD is cute.

by Anonymousreply 365March 20, 2019 2:32 AM

R92 The Fuji stream is da bomb. Thanks so much. I wish they were streaming for all events. K&C audio is really clear. Pairs results:

1. Evgenia Tarasova/Vladimir Morozov RUS - 81.21 (44.14, 37.07)

2. Wenjing Sui/Cong Han CHN - 79.24 (42.73, 36.51)

3. Cheng Peng/Yang Jin CHN - 75.51 (41.28, 34.23)

4. Kirsten Moore-Towers/Michael Marinaro CAN - 73.08 (38.87, 34.21)

5. Aleksandra Boikova/Dmitrii Kozlovskii RUS - 69.99 (36.95, 33.04)

6. Vanessa James/Morgan Cipres FRA - 68.67 (34.61, 35.06, -1.00)

7. Nicole Della Monica/Matteo Guarise ITA - 67.29 (34.40, 32.89)

8. Ashley Cain/Timothy LeDuc USA - 66.93 (35.81, 32.12, -1.00)

9. Minerva Fabienne Hase/Nolan Seegert GER - 64.28 (34.77, 29.51)

10. Miriam Ziegler/Severin Kiefer AUT - 63.65 (33.62, 30.03)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 366March 20, 2019 4:46 AM

R365 I know. I already got him

by Anonymousreply 367March 20, 2019 7:48 AM

Skater gossiping about Papadakis and Cizeron in front of the warm up camera. Something about Papadakis rooming with her or someone else, something about what Cizeron said, something about talking to someone you don't want to talk to sucking out your energy...

by Anonymousreply 368March 20, 2019 8:42 AM

I think it was Laurence Fournier Beaudry who was gossiping. You could hear the audience screaming for Hanyu in the background. (Men's practice going on).

by Anonymousreply 369March 20, 2019 8:47 AM

" But it's disgusting to make fun of how someone looks. " - Sorry but this line made me laugh, lol. Posters here do plenty of that when it's not Yuzu. At least some people here admit and embrace the thread's hypocrisy.

by Anonymousreply 370March 20, 2019 9:10 AM

I'm here just in time to watch our fave Alexia Paganini!

by Anonymousreply 371March 20, 2019 9:13 AM

Alexia and Emmi in a row now

by Anonymousreply 372March 20, 2019 9:14 AM

Nice photo.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 373March 20, 2019 9:17 AM

R371 did she live up to your expectation?

by Anonymousreply 374March 20, 2019 9:20 AM

Really rough skate for Paganini, it looks like she's not going to make the long program. As her official fan club, we'd better send her lots of hugs and teddy bears.

by Anonymousreply 375March 20, 2019 9:20 AM

Emmi ahahaha

by Anonymousreply 376March 20, 2019 9:28 AM

R368 we want details!

by Anonymousreply 377March 20, 2019 9:30 AM

Still waiting for the full list, but Hanyu going first in last group, then Uno. Chen last.

by Anonymousreply 378March 20, 2019 9:32 AM

the judges in the Ladies SP are

Mr. Yuriy GUSKOV (Kazakhstan)

Mr. Teri SEDEJ (Slovenia)

Ms Yu WANG (China)

Ms Agita ABELE (Latvia)

Ms. Stanislava SMIDOVA (Czech Republic)

Ms. Mary CHAPMAN (Great Britain)

Ms. Deborah CURRIE (USa)

Mr. Nikolai SALNIKOV (Estonia)

Ms. Kari-Anne OLSEN (Norway)

by Anonymousreply 379March 20, 2019 9:38 AM

Nicole Schott in the lead with 63.18

by Anonymousreply 380March 20, 2019 9:48 AM

r377 Two people behind the camera were talking about the Chinese fed earlier: "They can shut it down if they want." Also, something about Deanna telling someone to stop, or someone telling Deanna to stop. Later, I think it was Hubbell who said she went shopping in Shinjuku. Someone else liked the pasta and salads provided.

Stream for the warm up area:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 381March 20, 2019 9:51 AM

"Someone else liked the pasta and salads provided." This is so hilariously random, I love it.

by Anonymousreply 382March 20, 2019 9:52 AM

Rajcova should be out with the popped triple and negative GOE on 3+2 combo

by Anonymousreply 383March 20, 2019 9:52 AM

R381 thanks

Stream is geo-blocked for me.

I rely on you if something juicy will be told later

by Anonymousreply 384March 20, 2019 9:53 AM

Eva Lotta KIIBUS from Estonia is the last qualified so far with 55.38

There are still a couple of skaters at risk

Chartrand, Brezinova and Toth

Then of the last 3 groups...in what shape will Daleman be?

by Anonymousreply 385March 20, 2019 9:54 AM

Toth TES is at the level of those fighting for 24th place

by Anonymousreply 386March 20, 2019 9:58 AM

TES fell 2 points.

Isadora Williams get in

Toth is the first not yet qualified. PCS put her in contention

by Anonymousreply 387March 20, 2019 9:59 AM

Tamura is there! Massaging Kihira's legs. Papadakis and Cizeron were talking to some other people for a long time right in the middle of the room, but too far from the camera to hear anything.

by Anonymousreply 388March 20, 2019 10:06 AM

ah that fat pig now on ice

by Anonymousreply 389March 20, 2019 10:12 AM

So many difficult skates in the Ladies SP today, a lot of skaters I would've expected to make the LP are probably missing it, for example:

Alexia Paganini

Emmi Peltonen

Nicole Rajokova

Kailani Crane

Ivett Toth (on the bubble if a higher ranked skater bombs)

It'll be interesting to watch the long programs of a lot of skaters I'm not very familiar with.

by Anonymousreply 390March 20, 2019 10:12 AM

"pigs can't fly" Brezinova qualifies

She has a Ge's choreo. So she deserves it

by Anonymousreply 391March 20, 2019 10:13 AM

Misha Ge looks to be in high demand. I'm seeing him a lot on the Kiss and Cry.

by Anonymousreply 392March 20, 2019 10:13 AM

Doesn't he have 2 skaters at Worlds? Med and Brezinova. The others he choreographed (Tomono, some Russians) didn't get to Worlds

by Anonymousreply 393March 20, 2019 10:16 AM

McKey and Kiibus are the biggest surprises among those who made the FS?

by Anonymousreply 394March 20, 2019 10:22 AM

Speaking of pigs, who was the stocky girl in the black long sleeved dress? She qualified. If she's working out so much she must have bad genes to still be so chunky.

by Anonymousreply 395March 20, 2019 10:22 AM

Ge is in the warm up area now just standing on the side. Med practicing her jump take off and landing form. Kihira walking back and forth with trainer. Bell doing mat work. Richaud walked through earlier. The ice dancers are gone so no more gossiping by the camera.

by Anonymousreply 396March 20, 2019 10:23 AM

Trqcy just showed up but still no Orser I think.

by Anonymousreply 397March 20, 2019 10:29 AM

Men SO

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 398March 20, 2019 10:31 AM

R397 Orser was with Daleman

by Anonymousreply 399March 20, 2019 10:36 AM

Daleman survives the SP and goes into the lead.

by Anonymousreply 400March 20, 2019 10:39 AM

What's this talk about Mariah Bell purposefully bullying and injuring another skater? Apparently a complaint was filed against USFSA? Anyone got any info?

by Anonymousreply 401March 20, 2019 10:50 AM

r399 Thank you. I tuned into the K&C stream just at the right time, but nothing particularly interesting was said. Daleman just excited and talking fast. The ladies have all left the warm up area now. Samodurova was there for a little while, but Zagitova and Miyahara warmed up in the hall.

Raf to Bell: That was not at all bad. (About ice scope?) It doesn't give you anything.

by Anonymousreply 402March 20, 2019 10:51 AM

Nice skate for Mariah Bell. 71.26 SB into 2nd.

by Anonymousreply 403March 20, 2019 10:52 AM

Turfy into the lead with almost 76. Highest TES and PCS

by Anonymousreply 404March 20, 2019 10:59 AM

Aaaand in comes the Eteri bashing in the skating forums I'm reading.

by Anonymousreply 405March 20, 2019 11:01 AM

Lecavelier at risk to go out

by Anonymousreply 406March 20, 2019 11:01 AM

TES is lower than Toth

by Anonymousreply 407March 20, 2019 11:02 AM

Daniil and Tursy laughed together, Eteri smiled and pat her knee but silent before the main camera was rolling, then pat her on the knee again after scores.

by Anonymousreply 408March 20, 2019 11:02 AM

TES went up

She qualifies

by Anonymousreply 409March 20, 2019 11:04 AM

[quote] Doesn't he have 2 skaters at Worlds? Med and Brezinova. The others he choreographed (Tomono, some Russians) didn't get to Worlds

I think Hongyi Chen of China is one of his?

by Anonymousreply 410March 20, 2019 11:08 AM

R410 You are right. I already forgot her!

by Anonymousreply 411March 20, 2019 11:10 AM

Samodurova behind Bell, into 4th place

by Anonymousreply 412March 20, 2019 11:10 AM

Have any URs been called since Toth?

by Anonymousreply 413March 20, 2019 11:15 AM

I'm glad to see Sofia behind Mariah Bell, her skate was solid but somewhat uninspired. Good judging there.

by Anonymousreply 414March 20, 2019 11:15 AM

ISU president comes to see final group

by Anonymousreply 415March 20, 2019 11:17 AM

Sakamoto into the lead

by Anonymousreply 416March 20, 2019 11:24 AM

Stunning skate by Sakamoto.

by Anonymousreply 417March 20, 2019 11:25 AM

Miss Consistency and nothing else can't rotate a fucking triple toe!?

Jackie Wong @rockerskating

Oh boy, definitely an under on the 3T for Bradie Tennell

by Anonymousreply 418March 20, 2019 11:29 AM

That was probably Bradie's weakest SP this season, UR 3-3 combo and only level 3 steps. Normally I like this program as a vehicle for her strengths as a skater, but today she looked tight and lacked her lacked her usual power. Going after Sakamoto made her PCS qualities look weaker.

69.50 score and into 6th, deservedly behind Bell. It's going to be hard for the US to get 3 spots back now.

by Anonymousreply 419March 20, 2019 11:32 AM

yes, they finally find an UR ...after one hour of sleeping by the panel

PCS higher for Tennell than Bell

by Anonymousreply 420March 20, 2019 11:32 AM

Tiny Queen Satoko - combo looked UR (possibly both jumps?), tiny jumps and visibly poor speed and ice coverage after the last two skaters. 70.50 score into 5th, IMO she was marked generously and is lucky this event is in Japan.

by Anonymousreply 421March 20, 2019 11:38 AM

Medvedeva TES fell by 3 points. PCS highest so far

Third place

by Anonymousreply 422March 20, 2019 11:44 AM

Med - Muscles out her jumps and hangs on, appears stronger and more confident than 6 months ago. She finished with some great footwork, which helped me (and the judges) forget the labored skating up until that point. SB 74.23, into 3rd.

by Anonymousreply 423March 20, 2019 11:44 AM

popped 3A

by Anonymousreply 424March 20, 2019 11:46 AM

And Rika landed three 3As in warmup - says Wong. [pout]

Boy did they reward Med in PCS. More than 2 pts higher than Satoko? Sheesh.

by Anonymousreply 425March 20, 2019 11:51 AM

Med to Orer: I heard you scream. Yeah! Orser: Lots of good hing. Nice performnce, too. Tracy: Good control. After scores. Orser - Not bad.

Hamada gave some advice but can't hear over background music. I think she was telling her to just go for it.

R423 Great footwork?

by Anonymousreply 426March 20, 2019 11:51 AM

Kihira - Once again pops the 3A. I still dislike this program for her, it's too pretty princess, and she's a power skater in a similar vein to Bradie Tennell. 70.90 into 6th.

Mariah Bell is going to be in the final warmup group, how cool for her.

by Anonymousreply 427March 20, 2019 11:51 AM

Zagitova will win the SP

by Anonymousreply 428March 20, 2019 11:54 AM

and very easily

by Anonymousreply 429March 20, 2019 11:54 AM

by Anonymousreply 430March 20, 2019 11:57 AM

Was she that much technically superior?

by Anonymousreply 431March 20, 2019 11:57 AM

Zagitova - She did a fantastic job, easily her best outing of the season. Her jumps looked high and fully rotated, with difficult choreography preceeding them. The music cuts remain bizarre, but she performed the hell out it. 82.08 SB, well deserved 1st place.

by Anonymousreply 432March 20, 2019 11:57 AM

Questions going into the long program:

Can Zagitova hold it together, or will she bomb again?

Can Kihira come from behind and win again?

Will Lilbet land a quad salchow and shock everyone by winning?

Will Sakomoto's steadiness gain her a world title?

Will the US have a LP miracle and regain 3 entries in 2020?

by Anonymousreply 433March 20, 2019 12:00 PM

Will Canada lose also the second spot?

by Anonymousreply 434March 20, 2019 12:02 PM

Maybe Rika REALLY trying to follow Yuzu footsteps from 2012 Worlds. At this rate she’ll win gold in 2022.

by Anonymousreply 435March 20, 2019 12:05 PM

Japan is lucky they have Kaori - this season has been a real break-out. At least it seemed to me that in the past, she was second tier, with Mai (who also has a lot of talent.)

The future is a real death-match between Russia and Japan in ladies. Everybody else can stay home.

by Anonymousreply 436March 20, 2019 12:06 PM

Zagitova and Medvedeva's PCS were just silly, as usual, though Med's steadiness impressed me. I didn't know what kind of mess to expect. On the other hand, even though she landed everything I got an uncomfortable vibe off Alina. I don't know how the free will go for her.

by Anonymousreply 437March 20, 2019 12:13 PM

So bigger question going into the free should be, which top 3 lady after the SP will stay in top 3 after FS?

I think it will change.

by Anonymousreply 438March 20, 2019 12:15 PM

Alina deserved to lead after SP. It was the best I've seen her skate all season.

by Anonymousreply 439March 20, 2019 12:17 PM

Hot take: I think Kaori should be leading. PCS gap shouldn't be there because Kaori's superior skating skills should make up for Alina's plentiful transitions. Everything else in components is subjective. Kaori should have had higher GOEs to pull ahead.

by Anonymousreply 440March 20, 2019 12:24 PM

PCS: Zagitova 37.36

Medvedeva 36.63

Sakamoto 34.88

Miyahara 34.23

Tursynbaeva 34.18

Kihira 33.98

Tennell 33.41

by Anonymousreply 441March 20, 2019 12:27 PM

Mariah Bell possibly being a bully will probably get buried.

by Anonymousreply 442March 20, 2019 12:28 PM

Protocols

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 443March 20, 2019 12:34 PM

Where are you guys getting this stuff about Mariah? I want to hear more!

by Anonymousreply 444March 20, 2019 12:35 PM

Judge2 on Tennell's 3F

by Anonymousreply 445March 20, 2019 12:37 PM

Here’s the stuff on Bell and Lim for those interested.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 446March 20, 2019 12:40 PM

I'm not the OP on the Mariah Bell info, but this is what came up when I googled "Mariah Bell bully."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 447March 20, 2019 12:41 PM

Oops R446 just beat me.

by Anonymousreply 448March 20, 2019 12:41 PM

Who is behind Shoma and Keiji ? He looked good !!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 449March 20, 2019 12:46 PM

R449 Maierhofer? But I am sure, I went by exclusion

by Anonymousreply 450March 20, 2019 1:15 PM

Loving this tea on Maria. Why Eunsoo out of everybody though

by Anonymousreply 451March 20, 2019 1:15 PM

R450 It could be him !!! Why I never paid attention to this good looking boy before ????

by Anonymousreply 452March 20, 2019 1:36 PM

Luc is 16 years old, you creep! (and a quite average looking kid in my opinion)

I think Vladimir Litvintsev from Azerbaijan is handsome, and he's 18, at least.

by Anonymousreply 453March 20, 2019 1:42 PM

R451 Could be a jealousy issue. Mariah isn't quite the star student she hoped she'd be after Ashley left and maybe she's jealous also of how kind Raf is towards Marin and Eunsoo. Now she probably wouldn't go after Marin because she's a star in Japan, her brother is there with her and JSF is a strong-ish fed. So why not go instead after Eunsoo whose fed is pretty weak and she's there pretty much alone. What she didn't count on though is how damn vicious Korean fans are. They've already begun posting comments on Mariah's instagram and under videos of her on youtube. You really don't want to fuck with those fans.

This is purely speculation though but I wouldn't be surprised if it was partially true.

by Anonymousreply 454March 20, 2019 1:49 PM

Honestly ironic that prior to the Ladies SP I've seen concerns that Rika might win and get backlash for inflated home field advantage, but the Olympic champion inflation is too strong I guess that all those rash concerns went into the gutter.

by Anonymousreply 455March 20, 2019 2:25 PM

Wow, those Korean skate stans are fucking nuts, looking at some of the stuff they wrote on Mariah's IG.

I hope this isn't all being blown out of proportion...there are always 2 sides to every story. She might be awful, I don't know, but I don't think online bullying and harassment is going to help matters.

by Anonymousreply 456March 20, 2019 3:17 PM

JDC, please, will you comment on the following? As far as I understand there is a whole troll-factory in Japan (people getting paid to appear as Uno fans in social media, commenting favourably about him for money and dissing Hanyu along the way). There is this whole pro-Uno, Dai and Mao fraction who aim to unite their forces in their battle with Hanyu's impressive popularity and say that if you are 'a patriot of Japan it is naturally to hate Hanyu'. I never knew Hanyu's antis are so batshit crazy. Also it looks like 'Nagoya mafia' is really strong and there are some big money behind Uno-Itsuki project and the whole hype over Uno as a 'great skater who is meant to surpass Hanyu'. Looks like in JSF htese forces are quite powerful too. All of the dirt in this sport is disgusting...The poster of the thread is also attacked by antis with threads. I have read the translation in Russian so far and would really like to hear your opinion about the scale of this in Japan.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 457March 20, 2019 3:36 PM

R457: Get some sleep.

by Anonymousreply 458March 20, 2019 3:42 PM

Zagitova cheated the 3L more than 1/4 turn, but gets full credit and a nice +3 for execution.

Sakamoto should be far in the lead.

by Anonymousreply 459March 20, 2019 3:47 PM

R456, I'd also like to see more on this story before drawing any conclusions, particularly citing sources from outside Korea (ideally in English). Skaters do sometimes intimidate each other in practice, but this sounds bizarre.

by Anonymousreply 460March 20, 2019 3:56 PM

R456 I just took a peek at Mariah's instagram too. Wow, the comments are unhinged. Lots of stuff about her pussy smelling, something about her father's dick, apparently she looks like Wayne Rooney, an ape, someone's cock, a pig. My personal fav is someone writing "You're a horrible bitch" followed by a wall of text in Korean. Didn't know the Korean language was that nuanced.

by Anonymousreply 461March 20, 2019 3:58 PM

Korean fan's behavior towards mariah remainds me Sotnikova matter.why are they always like that?

by Anonymousreply 462March 20, 2019 4:02 PM

Just found Adam Rippon's response to the allegations against Mariah Bell - he says it's all a load of crap.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 463March 20, 2019 4:04 PM

Fuck Rippon. His fifteen minutes are up.

by Anonymousreply 464March 20, 2019 4:06 PM

R463 How would Rippon know what's going on? Didn't Lim just join Raf this season after Rippon retired?

by Anonymousreply 465March 20, 2019 4:10 PM

Rippen choreographed Bell's short

by Anonymousreply 466March 20, 2019 4:12 PM

R457 We covered a lot of this in previous threads, so you should reread them, especially JDC's posts. JDC didn't start signing their posts until late into the Hanyu threads (maybe part 6 or so?), but you can isolate their posts by using the block button. When you do this, you can see what they've posted since thread 1 of the Hanyu threads. There are, however, some juicy tidbits from the regular skating threads - I think the posts go as far back as Figure Skating 2018, Pt. XIV. Unfortunately, some good stuff was deleted along with Figure Skating 2018, Part XV.

It's worth a read and if you're a frau, you can cradle your mug of hot cocoa in front of a crackling fire while savoring the warm, comforting bedtime stories full of orgies, hookers, tissue throwing, affairs and (not so secret) abortions.

by Anonymousreply 467March 20, 2019 4:25 PM

Can you unblock people? (I assume that's what the X is for up in the right but I've never used it)

Also, I think when you get blocked, it's a negative mark against your reputation - and if enough people block you, you could be suspended or banned. So using it for a favorite poster to get their posts together might hurt them?

by Anonymousreply 468March 20, 2019 4:29 PM

Holy shit, the James/Guarise crash looked bad.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 469March 20, 2019 4:30 PM

R468 Yes you can unblock people (by clicking the "X" next to the ignored poster). It's unclear what effect the block button has (and how it's separate from the FF (flames and freaks) button).

by Anonymousreply 470March 20, 2019 4:42 PM

R391 Is it pigs or elephants that can't fly? I'm serious. This question has been bedeviling me. I thought he said elephants.

by Anonymousreply 471March 20, 2019 4:47 PM

Or was it cows?? Fuck, someone please put me out of my misery.

by Anonymousreply 472March 20, 2019 4:49 PM

It was pigs - I saw a little fluff piece or fan video or something of Mariah and Nathan Chen, in Japan, out on an excursion during an ice show, and they talked about it, on camera - that Brezinova was told by Raf "Pigs can't fly"

by Anonymousreply 473March 20, 2019 4:52 PM

R473 Thank you! You're a lifesaver.

by Anonymousreply 474March 20, 2019 4:55 PM

Haha. This is why I thought of elephants. It's from the NYT article about Adam's eating issues:

[quote]Arutyunyan said he had since learned to address his skaters’ weight with a new vocabulary, in his nonnative English, and realized that he could not be as blunt as when he worked in the Soviet system and thought nothing of calling an athlete “fat.” In the United States, he said, he has attended seminars that drove home the point that “it’s kind of abusive or maybe they can get sick.” So now Arutyunyan will tell his skaters that they look sluggish or that they need to be in better shape. “But basically,” he said, “same time I’m thinking, ‘O.K., how I can make elephant to fly?’”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 475March 20, 2019 4:59 PM

Maybe he thinks pigs was a nicer thing to compare her to than elephants - so see, he's learning!

by Anonymousreply 476March 20, 2019 5:17 PM

Apparently, Adam has had to take away Mariah's phone so she doesn't see the sns firestorm. Maybe he should shut down her insta comment section too.

by Anonymousreply 477March 20, 2019 5:30 PM

It is 3.am in japan, so i think she has been sleeping

by Anonymousreply 478March 20, 2019 5:32 PM

This might get Mariah on Dancing with the Stars! (Adam has connections)

by Anonymousreply 479March 20, 2019 5:33 PM

Are fans on Twitter getting excited over nothing or is it confirmed that Javier Fernandez will be in Saitama starting tomorrow? I guess it would be a nice way for him to officially say goodbye to his fans since terrible planning prevented him from staying for the gala at euros. It's also smart marketing for his upcoming flamenco show in Japan.

by Anonymousreply 480March 20, 2019 5:44 PM

Is Adam the guardian of raf's team or what. He's acting like a dad

by Anonymousreply 481March 20, 2019 5:44 PM

Sorry to be obsessed over this, but this is where I got cows: Finnish skater Kiira Korpi came out with a skating tell-all, saying Raf regularly called Ashley a cow. Here's the thread. Also some things about David Wilson (nothing too new, just that he's always late and a cunt who doesn't listen to what skaters want). Lord, I love Raf's preoccupation with large flying animals.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 482March 20, 2019 5:46 PM

I'm curious to see whether Adam will eventually back down if ATS takes things further - ATS (Lim's management) is run by Yuna/her mom and Adam's always trying to suck up to Yuna.

by Anonymousreply 483March 20, 2019 5:52 PM

I don't think Adam's had any contact with Yuna for a long time, why would he want to suck up to her nowadays? Also, I'm so fucking tired of this cancellation culture. Go cancel Tessa Virtue as she liked Adam's latest IG post, that's basically the same as slashing Eunsoo's calf according to skater stan logic.

by Anonymousreply 484March 20, 2019 5:58 PM

I saw this on another thread, and the first thing that popped in my head was "She looks like Yuzuru!"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 485March 20, 2019 6:01 PM

Kovtun retired ?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 486March 20, 2019 6:16 PM

How can Adam be the guardian of Raf's team if he is essentially implying Eunsoo aka another rinkmate and student of Raf is a liar or it's all a misunderstanding?

He should've just kept his mouth shut, not to mention that Eunsoo is out of her country and a minor, it's a bad look.

by Anonymousreply 487March 20, 2019 6:26 PM

R484 I guess I got this impression because Adam frequently named dropped her in interviews talked about her on his social media, even after they stopped training together. Or maybe they're just friends. In any case, that would make his vociferous defense of Mariah a little awkward. Are people cancelling Adam? I don't even understand what that means.

by Anonymousreply 488March 20, 2019 6:27 PM

Who is this Jacob skater guy? I remember him getting in trouble on twitter before for implying that besides Zhou, there are lots of other popular skaters with bigoted/problematic views (but refusing to name names). Here's what he said about Lim/Bell

[quote]I have a couple close friends who train under Raf. When I asked them about the Mariah/Eunsoo drama, they said this whole thing is just rumors and there is no bullying going on... Adam has taken Mariah’s phone so she doesn’t see the drama being posted about her. One of them even said Eunsoo has been problematic to not just Mariah but to the rink as a whole. Again, this is all just what I’m being told. This is not in any way my opinion on the drama, just saying what I’ve been told.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 489March 20, 2019 6:32 PM

I'm confused. Does he mean that he as a grown up man is sharing locker with an underage girl on a daily basis or just that when they are not there he sits his ass there as well? In either case it doesn't look good on him.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 490March 20, 2019 6:35 PM

R490 Someone should ask this very important question. Perhaps he also showers with them.

Supposedly Bell's bf also called Eunsoo a liar.

by Anonymousreply 491March 20, 2019 6:37 PM

R489 Looks like flying blue whale. I weep for sport full of fatties.

by Anonymousreply 492March 20, 2019 6:39 PM

And as if the day wasn't dramatic enough. Here's Johnny on the fainting couch. For American celebrities, "exhaustion" usually means "someone filmed me doing lines of coke" or "my sex tape is going to leak in 8 hours." Which is it, Johnny?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 493March 20, 2019 6:47 PM

R491 Yes - someone screencapped Romain's comment.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 494March 20, 2019 6:50 PM

Weird choice of words from Adam-- he "sits in" the same locker room as the girls?? Not having seen video of the incident, it seems unlikely that any skater would deliberately injure a competitor in plain view of thousands of people. I do find Eunsoo to be a better skater than Mariah though. Much respect to her for skating so well in the SP with an injury.

by Anonymousreply 495March 20, 2019 6:50 PM

From what I've seen all of Team Raf share the same locker room. It's more of a place to just store their stuff, so nobody walks around naked or anything like that.

by Anonymousreply 496March 20, 2019 6:58 PM

Lim is definitely a better skater than Bell. And much younger. Lots of potential there.

by Anonymousreply 497March 20, 2019 7:08 PM

R489 A bunch of third party coming to Bell's defense. Why won't the skaters at the rink just speak up instead of telling it through the grapevine?

It's just rumors, so its made up? So then rumors made the separate rinks and training time happen.

Honestly wonder if they will drag Marin into this or ask for her version if there is an official investigation. Despite her season, she's still a star skater.

by Anonymousreply 498March 20, 2019 7:14 PM

Twitter is full of skating stans "cancelling" this skater and that. And calling Adam (!) "an actively toxic presence in the skating community", for example. These people are the toxic ones. During the JC drama in January, they collected lists of skaters who had even "liked" a post about JC's passing and then called upon everyone else to "cancel" these skaters. Soon they will have no one to stan, hopefully then they'll go the fuck away.

People are reprimanding Adam for siding with a bully but Adam seems once more to be on the side of the weaker party, what with the Korean mob in Mariah's mentions.

Also, how the hell would Adam have managed to take away Mariah's phone? He's not in Japan.

by Anonymousreply 499March 20, 2019 7:15 PM

R498 I don't know, I am busy having fun with Sean Rabbitt instead of thinking about these 2 flying cows

And my brother got highlights

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 500March 20, 2019 7:16 PM

[quote]These people are the toxic ones. During the JC drama in January, they collected lists of skaters who had even "liked" a post about JC's passing and then called upon everyone else to "cancel" these skaters.

R499, that is a completely different issue. JC was accused of harassing underage girls. Gross! I am still trying to recover from those disgusting red hats at US Nationals in support of John Coughlin .

Kudos to Deanna Stellato and her partner for not lowering themselves to the vile pit of snakes that is the entire US pairs.

by Anonymousreply 501March 20, 2019 7:39 PM

I'm glad people are calling Adam out. He needs to shut his mouth since he wasn't even there.

by Anonymousreply 502March 20, 2019 7:39 PM

If Adam is the bad guy in skating, soon you'll have no one to stan.

by Anonymousreply 503March 20, 2019 7:47 PM

Adam attacked the person who merely translated those articles saying that the titles are "clickbait". Yeah Adam, because you speak and understand Korean. He doesn't even realize that several of those news outlets are very influential and important in Korea. Also why does an American news outlet need to report on this for it to be believable? Are we really saying that only English speaking newspapers are reliable?

by Anonymousreply 504March 20, 2019 8:21 PM

I don't think you know what the word "attack" means. Oh, and go take a look at what filth is being sent to Mariah on IG. There's your attack. After seeing that, I understand completely why Adam said what he said.

by Anonymousreply 505March 20, 2019 8:56 PM

R504 Adam specifically said he wasn't attacking the translator, and that he was addressing the clickbait articles. I agree that it's ridiculous to say a story isn't reliable until an English language newspaper picks it up. However, as an English speaker, I think maybe what some people are saying is that it's difficult to know the reliability of a newspaper source and/or a translation when you don't speak the language.

by Anonymousreply 506March 20, 2019 9:19 PM

I went to GS to see what theu say about the topic and the thread was locked 3 pages in, lol. Something actually controversial happens so of course purple can't talk about it.

by Anonymousreply 507March 20, 2019 9:44 PM

conclusion of the day

Brezinova is a pig

Rippon in an elephant

Wagner is a cow

by Anonymousreply 508March 20, 2019 9:50 PM

The cow has spoken on today's events

I'm just going to put this out there, there is a real person on the other side of the screen. I understand the anger and frustration some people must feel in the skating universe today, but bullying should NEVER be met with more bullying. Kindness will always go a lot farther❤️💕

I'm just saying be nice, nothing more nothing less. Nothing to read in-between the lines. Just remember that when you feel something very strongly, it is easy to turn towards social media, but words a lot hurt too. Try to turn your frustration into kindness however you can 💁‍♀️

by Anonymousreply 509March 20, 2019 9:55 PM

He didn't call Brezinova a pig, he called Brezinova's sister a pig. Last summer, Alina did an instalive during a tour for an ice show (I think it was FOI??) and you could hear Mariah, Dmitri Aliev, and Nathan talking in the background. Dmitri asked about Raf, if Raf yelled alot and if he was mean, and Mariah said "not really." Then Nathan brought up Brezinova's sister coming for help on her jumps and Raf said "I can't make pigs fly." Nathan said that was super funny, and Mariah insisted it wasn't funny, it was mean.

by Anonymousreply 510March 20, 2019 9:57 PM

R509: So the cow is saying that Bell is a bully?

by Anonymousreply 511March 20, 2019 9:58 PM

They could wait with publishing it after worlds. How she is gonna compete right now? I mean Bell

by Anonymousreply 512March 20, 2019 10:00 PM

R510 Brezina is boy pig. Brezinova is girl pig. Everyone getting fatties mixed up today.

by Anonymousreply 513March 20, 2019 10:00 PM

R510 IIRC they talked about Brezina's sister...who is indeed Brezinova

by Anonymousreply 514March 20, 2019 10:05 PM

and mind you, given who was one of the former coaches of Brezinova...I guess she may be used to be insulted

by Anonymousreply 515March 20, 2019 10:06 PM

Chen: 'Dude the only Russian I know - (mentions Raf) - he called ... you know Michal Brezina - he calls his sister a fat cow.'

Mariah: 'When she first came to the rink, he said - I don't know why you're here - pigs can't fly ... He's so mean.'

by Anonymousreply 516March 20, 2019 10:06 PM

and anyway I am outraged that useless Nathan Chen has downgraded Brezinova to just being "Michel Brezina's sister"

by Anonymousreply 517March 20, 2019 10:08 PM

R515 Jesus, that's right - Fajfr. Where is that fucker now? Hopefully in prison.

by Anonymousreply 518March 20, 2019 10:10 PM

Methinks there's going to be a booing show for Mariah.

by Anonymousreply 519March 20, 2019 10:12 PM

R518 still coaching in Oberstdorf

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 520March 20, 2019 10:19 PM

Kovtun retired?

Toshi (from X Japan) is one of the Fantasy on Ice musical guests. Tamura must be jealous. Beni and May-J were also added.

Bell is supposed to perform in The Ice again with Uno, Chen, Boyang, Ponsart, and Marin Honda, but that was announced before the news about Lim…

R457 Tweeter claims their brother’s friend and friend’s classmates were looking at recruitment ads for part-time work and came upon an ad about making multiple fan and anti SNS accounts to praise or bash athletes in certain sports, figure skating in particular. A classmate emailed the company behind the ad for clarification and the company said they wanted people to create SNS accounts and post comments on twitter, IG, blogs, articles and videos bashing Hanyu and promoting Uno, while also praising Takahashi and Mao. Pay would be per account, comment, and like. If they kept at it, the company would gift tickets to shows or competitions, and provide 2000 yen for transportation. The company claimed their trolls have already generated 1000-1500 accounts. Average troll earns 60,000 yen a month or 150,000 yen a month if they get their family or coworkers involved.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 521March 20, 2019 10:41 PM

R457 First of all, I’ve never heard of a “troll factory” for figure skating or any kind of sports fandom in Japan. It’s true the JSF and Hashimoto (JSF president) have treated Uno and Takahashi better than Hanyu and the media has been supporting the two. (Even the performance in the opening ceremony yesterday was an ad for Takahashi’s show “Hyoen.”) But Hanyu has had social media antis for at least seven or eight years. Why would the JSF need to hire internet trolls when it’s already being done for free? Hanyu antis usually are a combination of Takahashi, Uno and Mao ubers, but Mao is not in the same agency as Takahashi and Uno. If some organization was trying to recruit trolls to bring down Hanyu and bring up Uno, and it wasn’t just some crazed Uno uber, it’s far more likely that Uno’s agency or Dad's company would be behind it and bringing Mao into the situation doesn’t make sense.

Here's my problem with the screenshots of the supposed recruitment ad and emails from the company:

The first screenshot (recruitment ad) came from the tweeter’s younger brother’s friend. The second (company’s email) came from the younger brother’s friend’s classmate. The name of the company that placed the ad, the URL of the ad, and sender’s email address have all been cut out, so there’s no identifying information to verify if it’s real or where it came from. What’s the point of the screenshots if you’re going to cut out the most important part?

by Anonymousreply 522March 20, 2019 10:48 PM

Fajfr managed to get an accreditation for Pyeongchang. I guess it was from Czech Republic

Germany Olympic Committee wouldn't allow that like when they had to step in and embarrassingly get rid of him ahead of Sochi because well, German Skating Fed was (and is) not chalant about that.

And even more embarrassingly for them was what happened during the Wende/Wende's K&C after the FS

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 523March 20, 2019 10:51 PM

r521 Does that online anti stuff actually has any effect? Hanyu's reputation seems untouchable. The recent Japanese music ad for Worlds, the one of the with the opera singer and Mura randomly doing some show, still manages to kinda present Worlds as a Hanyu show. All those magazines, awards, charity reports, international adoration, etc. Looks like poor Uno doesn't stand a chance.

by Anonymousreply 524March 20, 2019 10:59 PM

r457 The email from the company sounds too unprofessional. “Why does Hanyu need to be criticized? To be frank, he’s in the way.” “You see, we have big plans for Uno.” “We want Itsuki to become a famous celebrity.” “We want people to think Hanyu’s time is over and it’s Uno time now.” Would a professional organization or company say that? They also claim they’ve been trying to lower the reputations of Kihira and other skaters. Why would the JSF do that to Kihira?

The pay is too good. 200 yen per blog entry after 10 articles. 100 yen per twitter or IG account, 500+yen a month for keeping accounts active, 25-150 yen per comment on a video or article, and they’ll even pay you (OK, only 2 yen) for just liking an article?

As for the DMs from Takahashi and Uno ubers calling the tweeter a traitor to Japan, the usernames have been blocked out, so we can’t verify if those are real, either. Even if they are, what does that prove?

I’d believe it if it was something like USM trying to recruit people to write positive amazon reviews about Itsuki’s book. (They were definitely behind those series of weird articles calling Itsuki a hot supermodel.) But this seems too good to be true, like someone’s trying to provoke Hanyu fans into causing drama.

by Anonymousreply 525March 20, 2019 10:59 PM

R520 R523 Thank you. JFC I thought the Americans had a monopoly on embarrassing displays of support for sexual miscreants.

R524 "Poor Uno doesn't stand a chance?" Please, don't feel sorry for "poor Uno." I think he gets plenty of chances with all the uncalled URs (that are visible to anyone with eyes). I actually like his skating quite a bit and love his personality, but even I recognized he is an overscored little troll.

by Anonymousreply 526March 20, 2019 11:08 PM

R524 didn’t you hear Hanyu’s ice show is going on his week in Saitama?

by Anonymousreply 527March 20, 2019 11:15 PM

r527 To a sold out crowd too, I heard.

r526 Lol, by "poor Uno doesn't stand a chance" I meant that all the antis efforts to get him more popular than Hanyu are bound to fail.

by Anonymousreply 528March 20, 2019 11:29 PM

R480 This article says Fernandez will be in Saitama. Probably there to promote his ice show, but the yuzuvier fangirls will read into everything he does.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 529March 20, 2019 11:32 PM

Oh yes, I forgot, I guess he's also there to commentate on Hanyu's performance.

by Anonymousreply 530March 20, 2019 11:34 PM

R524 Media uses him and his fans as much as possible in both positive and negative ways to sell whatever it is they're selling. Often when there's the slightest reaction or even no reaction to something anti by Hanyu fans online, its picked up by the mainstream media and used to bash Hanyu and characterize his fans as crazy. (I don't share everything here because it happens too often.) Many people do still seem to be duped by rumors on twitter about him lying about the earthquake. I'm surprised Uno hasn't done any commercials yet, not even for Toyota. I'm sure he's had at least one offer.

by Anonymousreply 531March 20, 2019 11:45 PM

R531 This is precisely why I'm happy to be distracted by Raf's penchant for flying animal analogies and the Bell/Lim drama. Hanyu's skating and career trajectory have been dramatic as hell, but he has never personally courted or encouraged any of the shit that swirls around him. It's sad that people aren't going to leave him alone until he stops skating and is out of the public eye.

When you say there are people who "seem to be duped by rumors on twitter about him lying about the earthquake," do you mean sane people? Or are these people just crazy antis who will believe anything bad about him, no matter how preposterous?

by Anonymousreply 532March 20, 2019 11:58 PM

I know no one here cares about Satoko, but why the fuck is she getting the same PCS as Tursy now.

by Anonymousreply 533March 21, 2019 12:02 AM

r531 Huh, I didn't realize Shoma hasn't done any ads. Really surprising, given his family's push and his management. But maybe he's actually thinking about his skating and doesn't want distractions? That's probably the reason why Yuzu has so few endorsement deals.

533 I actually think Tursy's PCS were fine. She deserved her PCS more than Med or Alina. But Satoko was way underscored.

by Anonymousreply 534March 21, 2019 12:05 AM

r534 Or rather, I should have said, Tursy's PCS were fine given the general inflation, and Satoko should be getting 40 by comparison.

by Anonymousreply 535March 21, 2019 12:08 AM

R535 Yes, this is what I meant - I'm used to her getting underscored compared to MedZags, but now Tursy too?

by Anonymousreply 536March 21, 2019 12:13 AM

Satoko got what she deserved

by Anonymousreply 537March 21, 2019 12:13 AM

How will the Japanese react if Satoko is underscored in the LP?

by Anonymousreply 538March 21, 2019 12:14 AM

R537 Ann, darling. I thought we came to an understanding.

by Anonymousreply 539March 21, 2019 12:18 AM

It is a joke. Med with UR got such big PCS , but Satoko also with one UR has gotten much less. Seriously? Why? Satoko is a porsche comparing her Evgenia who skates like a truck

by Anonymousreply 540March 21, 2019 12:22 AM

R538 Sorry, no one gives a shit about a barren has-been who can't jump.

by Anonymousreply 541March 21, 2019 12:26 AM

[R540] I do agree that Med skates like a truck. Thanks for that.

by Anonymousreply 542March 21, 2019 12:27 AM

OMG - the hate messages on Mariah's instagram has reached almost 2K on one post. I'm not counting the hate messages on the other posts.

by Anonymousreply 543March 21, 2019 12:28 AM

In latest news, Pogo had slut-shamed Liza and so Liza shaded her on Twitter.

Ladies is much more interesting this season.

by Anonymousreply 544March 21, 2019 12:31 AM

R544 Thanks for bringing this up. Apparently Pogo said she would never do a strip tease like Tuk on ice and she's glad Med is going to WC. So Tuk responded with this (microsoft translated): "Anya, you've been paying too much attention to me lately. Although I have no problem with attention. Are you worried about my future children? First of all, I will teach them to respect their elders, their coaches and the work of other sportsmen, not to seek excuses for their failures in other people."

I've read in passing that people think Tuk's sluttiness might have cost her the worlds spot. Has anyone else seen this or believe it? I mean, I love to call her slutty and fat, but that's because she's neither. She's 22 and people are alarmed she talks about having sex?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 545March 21, 2019 12:37 AM

But she has to talk about sex? Who cares anyway? She thinks if she has saggy tits she can behave like that?

by Anonymousreply 546March 21, 2019 12:41 AM

Made a new thread. We'll be needing it soon.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 547March 21, 2019 12:44 AM

R543 don’t mess with Korean netizens. They will take you down !

by Anonymousreply 548March 21, 2019 12:49 AM

R548 Do you think japanese ones wouldnt behave like that? They are nuts, too

by Anonymousreply 549March 21, 2019 12:55 AM

R532 A mix of people who just lack critical thinking skills and people who need a better reason to hate him.

R533 The writing was on the wall with that tech and judging panel. I don't think I'll watch until the scores are out. Don't even feel like eavesdropping in on the warm up room even if there's gossip about Bell.

R534 Uno has done fashion shoots, other sporting events, and some TV (non CM). Maybe family insists Itsuki should also be in the commercials.

r538 That depends on Uno's scores and placement. If he's overscored, JSF will be accused of selling out the women for him. Also depends on others PCS (Med especially, it'll be tango vs tango).

R545 No, it was all TAT and Russian sponsors. Also, Pogo is probably regretting her marriage at 19.

Figure skating charts:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 550March 21, 2019 1:04 AM

Satoko's tango is exquisite - one of the most beautiful programs I've ever seen. In a fair world, Med would never be able to touch it, PCS-wise.

by Anonymousreply 551March 21, 2019 1:15 AM

I hate nbc commentary

by Anonymousreply 552March 21, 2019 1:47 AM

Anyone watching pairs?

by Anonymousreply 553March 21, 2019 2:51 AM

I'm watching, but I'm very tired. I'm afraid the Austrians and Germans are going to put me to sleep...and if they don't, Z/E will for sure! And I want to watch at least the last 2 or 3 groups of men live. This schedule is a pain.

by Anonymousreply 554March 21, 2019 3:09 AM

No comments.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 555March 21, 2019 3:36 AM

Anyone else annoyed by Kristen Moore-Towers and her plastered on cheerleader smile? You're skating to Dark Side of the Moon and The Wall, dear. I really hate that cheesy North American style. Bring on the Chinese and Russians!

by Anonymousreply 556March 21, 2019 4:19 AM

Worst Cain & LeDuc could finish at this point is 9th, so 2 spots for US Pairs in 2020.

by Anonymousreply 557March 21, 2019 4:40 AM

The judges really don't like giving points to the Chinese pairs teams...

by Anonymousreply 558March 21, 2019 4:53 AM

I'm guessing this is the last season for Michael Jackson programs.

by Anonymousreply 559March 21, 2019 7:52 AM

Philippe Meriguet is among the judges today

by Anonymousreply 560March 21, 2019 7:54 AM

Judge No.1 Mr. Miroslav MISUREC

Judge No.2 Ms. Antica GRUBISIC

Judge No.3 Mr. Albert ZAYDMAN

Judge No.4 Ms. Bettina MEIER

Judge No.5 Ms. Ariadna MORONES NEGRETE

Judge No.6 Ms. Cynthia BENSON

Judge No.7 Ms. Anny HOU

Judge No.8 Ms. Saioa SANCHO

Judge No.9 Mr. Philippe MERIGUET

by Anonymousreply 561March 21, 2019 7:58 AM

Redford 27 votes

GE 23

Rest didn't bother to vote

by Anonymousreply 562March 21, 2019 9:16 AM

Glad Cain & DeLuc got the the 2 pairs spots back for the US. I wish it was that easy to win back the 3 ladies entries.

by Anonymousreply 563March 21, 2019 9:18 AM

We'll find out soon if I can make it to the free skate this year!

by Anonymousreply 564March 21, 2019 9:57 AM

So Cha kinda bombed. 79 points. 8th place. Aymoz is leading with 88

by Anonymousreply 565March 21, 2019 10:06 AM

Tanaka obviously bombed because he performs well only when it counts (for him)...at Nationals to get the selection

by Anonymousreply 566March 21, 2019 10:07 AM

Look at me, skating my way into 5th place and the FREE PROGRAM!

by Anonymousreply 567March 21, 2019 10:12 AM

So the cut off will be after Yee (73.63)

by Anonymousreply 568March 21, 2019 10:16 AM

Cha looked nervous.

by Anonymousreply 569March 21, 2019 10:20 AM

Given Orser's comment in the K&C about pain management and Cha's interview from 3 wee ago, they must have been expecting this.

by Anonymousreply 570March 21, 2019 10:27 AM

One big splat for Boyang. He is not going to beat Aymoz today

by Anonymousreply 571March 21, 2019 10:36 AM

That was a spectacular looking fall from Jin. Kind of epic, even.

by Anonymousreply 572March 21, 2019 10:37 AM

This is the weirdest men's ranking I've seen in a long time.

by Anonymousreply 573March 21, 2019 10:38 AM

84.26. Third behind Aymoz and Brezina

by Anonymousreply 574March 21, 2019 10:38 AM

Vasijevs fucks up his axel and combo. They really need to invest in the jump coach or just stick to shows.

by Anonymousreply 575March 21, 2019 10:44 AM

Vasiljevs barely over Julian Yee

by Anonymousreply 576March 21, 2019 10:45 AM

yes, Vasijevs should change coach if he wants to improve.

by Anonymousreply 577March 21, 2019 10:45 AM

Deniss was lucky to qualify for the free skate with that effort.

by Anonymousreply 578March 21, 2019 10:46 AM

Nice skate from Rizzo. I hope he ends up top 10 so he and his teammate can both go next year.

by Anonymousreply 579March 21, 2019 10:49 AM

Rizzo 52 TES. Respect, even though the program's a bit boring.

by Anonymousreply 580March 21, 2019 10:50 AM

Matteo is very bland in my opinion, but he's one of the most consistent men in awhile.

by Anonymousreply 581March 21, 2019 10:50 AM

ok, Rizzo in the lead now. 93.37

by Anonymousreply 582March 21, 2019 10:51 AM

Bychenko looks improved from earlier in the season. Guess he's back to training hard again and partying with his girlfriend less.

by Anonymousreply 583March 21, 2019 10:57 AM

Up next: DL fave Vincent Zhou!

by Anonymousreply 584March 21, 2019 10:59 AM

What are they smoking with those GOEs?

by Anonymousreply 585March 21, 2019 11:03 AM

Looks like we can look forward to a happy journal entry, I mean instagram post, from Vincent later.

by Anonymousreply 586March 21, 2019 11:05 AM

Tough break for Samarin popping the quad.

by Anonymousreply 587March 21, 2019 11:09 AM

The King is on the ice!

by Anonymousreply 588March 21, 2019 11:12 AM

I assume you mean me, R588!

by Anonymousreply 589March 21, 2019 11:14 AM

Sorry, I just finished.

by Anonymousreply 590March 21, 2019 11:17 AM

POP.

by Anonymousreply 591March 21, 2019 11:20 AM

Wow, what a shock to see Hanyu pop a jump like that.

by Anonymousreply 592March 21, 2019 11:23 AM

Planet Hanyu must be losing it right now.

by Anonymousreply 593March 21, 2019 11:24 AM

Zhou may have said he proved he could podium at Worlds, but Hanyu just proved that he can do half the number of quads and still beat him.

by Anonymousreply 594March 21, 2019 11:26 AM

Is Hanyu really in first after popping a jump? That's amazing.

by Anonymousreply 595March 21, 2019 11:27 AM

and Uno goes down

by Anonymousreply 596March 21, 2019 11:27 AM

I like Shoma's costume, it gives his body more elongation and the royal purple suits him. Too bad about the fall.

by Anonymousreply 597March 21, 2019 11:31 AM

Did they inflate Hanyu's scores?

by Anonymousreply 598March 21, 2019 11:32 AM

Jason Brown in first place

by Anonymousreply 599March 21, 2019 11:38 AM

R598, depends on how much of a Hanyu fan you are.

Is Jason Brown going to go into the lead with his quadless program?

by Anonymousreply 600March 21, 2019 11:38 AM

R600 nah either they did or didn't.

by Anonymousreply 601March 21, 2019 11:48 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!