Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

British Royal Family Gossip: Part 26

Keep Calm and Carry on! For Fun, I have a poll. Who is your favorite British Royal Family Member?

Part 25 thread is posted.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 602March 7, 2019 8:24 PM

WTF You left me out

by Anonymousreply 1March 4, 2019 9:20 PM

R1 - And your York granddaughters, too.

by Anonymousreply 2March 4, 2019 9:24 PM

YOU LEFT OUT DREAMBOAT ANDY!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3March 4, 2019 9:27 PM

Where’s toe sucking Fergie ?

by Anonymousreply 4March 4, 2019 9:29 PM

Wouldn't it be delicious if the public polls for Meghan reflected the way this one is going?

by Anonymousreply 5March 4, 2019 9:35 PM

OP you could at least get the styles and titles correct - most of those don’t exist.

by Anonymousreply 6March 4, 2019 9:44 PM

In fact, all but one are incorrect.

by Anonymousreply 7March 4, 2019 9:44 PM

R7 - "Princess Anne" is correct as she is a blood princess by birth, but more formally, she is The Princess Royal.

by Anonymousreply 8March 4, 2019 9:58 PM

"The Prince's full style and title is: His Royal Highness Prince Charles Philip Arthur George, Prince of Wales, KG, KT, GCB, OM, AK, QSO, CC, PC, ADC, Earl of Chester, Duke of Cornwall, Duke of Rothesay, Earl of Carrick, Baron of Renfrew, Lord of the Isles and Prince and Great Steward of Scotland."

Jesus.

by Anonymousreply 9March 4, 2019 9:59 PM

Prince George and Princess Charlotte, god damn it!

We’ll wee about Prince Louis when he’s older

by Anonymousreply 10March 4, 2019 10:03 PM

Taken from the end of Part 25 the silly sailor suits they put the boys in at Andrew's wedding are only slightly more cringey than Meghan's undertaker uniforms at hers. At least then it was the 80s. What wasn't cringey?

by Anonymousreply 11March 4, 2019 10:07 PM

My favorite, since I had a blinding vision of her surpassing Queen Elizabeth's reign as monarch is:

by Anonymousreply 12March 4, 2019 10:52 PM

R12 that would require HM, Chuck, Will and George to die within the next 20 years and for Lottie to live longer than Gan-Gan. I don't see anyone hitting QEII's record anytime soon.

by Anonymousreply 13March 4, 2019 10:55 PM

Will can die when I am 24, and I will easily live to be 100 with my inherited fortitude. He could fall off a polo pony or get the measles. Georgie will not need to expire, he will need my help ruling and soon destiny becomes obvious to all.

by Anonymousreply 14March 4, 2019 11:21 PM

You fraus better watch out-- the British Royal Family is coming for you and your mortal enemy, "the fraus at Celebitchy."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15March 4, 2019 11:34 PM

If you think that's bad, R11, check out Harry's page boy outfit from his Uncle Charles's wedding in 1989. What kind of special crack was everything on in the 80s?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16March 4, 2019 11:40 PM

Dear God R16!!!

by Anonymousreply 17March 4, 2019 11:45 PM

It’s pathetic that Vanity Fair has become Meghan’s mouthpiece.

I wonder what Tina Brown thinks about Markle.

by Anonymousreply 18March 5, 2019 12:27 AM

R16 - Ah the Spencer flair for drama.

Well, Charles (Papa Charles) did try to warn Harry about drama.

by Anonymousreply 19March 5, 2019 12:47 AM

R18 - Not just her mouthpiece, but one out of whose lips lies blithely fall without the remotest regard for journalistic integrity - such as, to wit, that the Queen has actually leaked to VF that she so admires Meghan for her "energy" that she is planning to write Meghan a note of grateful admiration due to her plucky performance in Morocco . . .

VF has sunk low.

by Anonymousreply 20March 5, 2019 12:50 AM

R15, your WaPo article looks juicy, but it's behind a paywall. Are you able to post the text?

by Anonymousreply 21March 5, 2019 12:55 AM

Here you go:

LONDON — Enough is enough.

With Meghan, Duchess of Sussex, and Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge, increasingly the targets of online abuse, the British monarchy published stern social media community guidelines on Monday in a bid to tackle offensive comments posted to official royal channels.

“The aim of our social media channels is to create an environment where our community can engage safely in debate and is free to make comments, questions and suggestions,” the new policy reads. “In order to help create this safe environment we have set out some guidelines which apply to any engagement with us or other members of the community on any of our social media channels.”

Urging users to show “courtesy, kindness and respect,” the guidelines make clear that vicious comments will not be tolerated and that those found to be leaving abusive messages will have the comments hidden or deleted. Users who flout the new rules will be blocked and possibly reported to law enforcement.

“We also reserve the right to send any comments we deem appropriate to law enforcement authorities for investigation as we feel necessary or is required by law,” the policy warns.

While members of Britain’s royal family are often showered with affection at home and overseas, being a part of it or marrying into it also has its dark side. For Meghan, who married Prince Harry in 2018, and Catherine, who married Prince William in 2011, the abuse isn’t limited to online platforms. Both are frequent targets for the scavenging British tabloids, which in recent months have reported of a purported rift between the two, allegedly instigated by Meghan.

From their clothing choices to their weight, from their family relationships to their student days, both women have been the focus of relentless media attention and social media haranguing.

But even before Meghan married Harry last year, the American and self-proclaimed feminist found herself at the center of unwarranted attention.

Media interest in Meghan’s career, race and precarious relationship with her father, Thomas Markle, reached fever pitch in the days leading up to her royal wedding. Many note that married life has not been easy for Meghan, who is expecting her first child in spring.

Harry and William know firsthand how damaging life in the public eye can be for the women they love.

Before the birth of social media, their mother, Diana, Princess of Wales, was a constant target for British tabloids and paparazzi, who hounded her every move. There are some who blame the media for her death in a car crash in Paris while being pursued by photographers. But a French judicial investigation concluded that the 1997 crash was an accident and cleared the photographers.

Although both Catherine and Meghan do not have their own social media accounts (Meghan deleted hers before becoming a member of the royal family), official accounts run by special aides frequently post updates on the whereabouts of Britain’s royals.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22March 5, 2019 1:00 AM

R18 - I'd give a good bit to know. Brown has never pulled her punches and I doubt she'd be taken in by Meghan, although Brown would probably be delighted to see the BRF's discomfiture at Meghan's antics.

by Anonymousreply 23March 5, 2019 1:18 AM

It’s Prince Henry, Duke of Sussex.

by Anonymousreply 24March 5, 2019 1:29 AM

Im honestly kind of surprised MM didn't win the poll. I thought you bitches lived for the drama

by Anonymousreply 25March 5, 2019 1:47 AM

For what it's worth, R24, Wikipedia now gives his name as Prince Harry, Duke of Sussex (Henry Charles Albert David). Similarly, Meghan is Meghan, Duchess of Sussex, even though her birth name is Rachel Meghan.

by Anonymousreply 26March 5, 2019 1:50 AM

Actually, R24, it’s “HRH The Duke of Sussex”.

This whole “name, title of location” has come about because People, Hello, the Daily Mail etc think (possibly know) that their readers are too stupid to know who a title refers to and need a little prompt with their Christian name.

Not helped by “Diana, Princess of Wales” (her correct title) while people usually and incorrectly call her “Princess Diana”.

Strictly speaking “Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge” refers to the former wife or widow of The Duke of Cambridge.

And don’t get me started on “Duchess Kate” and “Duchess Meghan”, which make my ears bleed.

by Anonymousreply 27March 5, 2019 1:51 AM

Thank you, R22.

In this statement, the BRF lumps Kate in with Meghan, as though the public has been expressing equal dislike for both of them. But it hasn't. As they well know, it is Meghan who is disliked.

Also:

[quote]"Many note that married life has not been easy for Meghan, who is expecting her first child in spring.

Married life has not been easy for the woman who recently had a £150,000 baby shower? Bitch, please.

by Anonymousreply 28March 5, 2019 1:52 AM

I think it's not unreasonable the official websites should take a hard line on abuse and rudeness. It's like coming into somebody's house and insulting them. There are plenty of places to be an asshole about Megantoinette. Like here.

by Anonymousreply 29March 5, 2019 2:35 AM

Exactly, r28. MM's very poor decision to publicize her exorbitant 'private' baby shower, among other things, has led to an avalanche of criticism. Apparently comments regarding this behaviour now constitute 'abuse'. These new rules won't stifle criticism, it'll merely force it to come out in other places. If they are not careful, people will begin saying things at their public appearances. They've already been booed in public, they're practically begging for an even louder response.

by Anonymousreply 30March 5, 2019 2:52 AM

I disagree that Tina Brown doesn't pull punches. Tina has tended to suck up, especially to women she perceives as powerful or iconic in whatever way. She certainly had a thing for Diana, even styled her own look after her.

by Anonymousreply 31March 5, 2019 2:58 AM

Online trolls won’t leave Meghan and Catherine alone. Now Britain’s royal family is fighting back.

By Jennifer Hassan March 4 at 2:31 PM LONDON — Enough is enough.

With Meghan, Duchess of Sussex, and Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge, increasingly the targets of online abuse, the British monarchy published stern social media community guidelines on Monday in a bid to tackle offensive comments posted to official royal channels.

“The aim of our social media channels is to create an environment where our community can engage safely in debate and is free to make comments, questions and suggestions,” the new policy reads. “In order to help create this safe environment we have set out some guidelines which apply to any engagement with us or other members of the community on any of our social media channels.”

Urging users to show “courtesy, kindness and respect,” the guidelines make clear that vicious comments will not be tolerated and that those found to be leaving abusive messages will have the comments hidden or deleted. Users who flout the new rules will be blocked and possibly reported to law enforcement.

“We also reserve the right to send any comments we deem appropriate to law enforcement authorities for investigation as we feel necessary or is required by law,” the policy warns.

While members of Britain’s royal family are often showered with affection at home and overseas, being a part of it or marrying into it also has its dark side. For Meghan, who married Prince Harry in 2018, and Catherine, who married Prince William in 2011, the abuse isn’t limited to online platforms. Both are frequent targets for the scavenging British tabloids, which in recent months have reported of a purported rift between the two, allegedly instigated by Meghan.

From their clothing choices to their weight, from their family relationships to their student days, both women have been the focus of relentless media attention and social media haranguing.

But even before Meghan married Harry last year, the American and self-proclaimed feminist found herself at the center of unwarranted attention.

In 2016, Harry issued a rare but powerful statement in which he defended his then-girlfriend and attacked the British press and online trolls for their racist and sexist abuse. He expressed worry for her safety and evinced hope that his statement would force the press to reflect before publishing harmful stories about Meghan.

“He knows commentators will say this is ‘the price she has to pay’ and that ‘this is all part of the game.’ He strongly disagrees,” the statement read. “This is not a game — it is her life and his.”

'Just send me a text': Meghan Markle's father asks for contact Meghan Markle's father, Thomas, appealed to Britain's Queen Elizabeth II to help end his estrangement from his daughter, wife of Prince Harry. (Reuters)

Media interest in Meghan’s career, race and precarious relationship with her father, Thomas Markle, reached fever pitch in the days leading up to her royal wedding. Many note that married life has not been easy for Meghan, who is expecting her first child in spring.

Harry and William know firsthand how damaging life in the public eye can be for the women they love.

Before the birth of social media, their mother, Diana, Princess of Wales, was a constant target for British tabloids and paparazzi, who hounded her every move. There are some who blame the media for her death in a car crash in Paris while being pursued by photographers. But a French judicial investigation concluded that the 1997 crash was an accident and cleared the photographers.

Although both Catherine and Meghan do not have their own social media accounts (Meghan deleted hers before becoming a member of the royal family), official accounts run by special aides frequently post updates on the whereabouts of Britain’s royals.

by Anonymousreply 32March 5, 2019 3:25 AM

At the end of the last thread, the clip posted of Fergie and Andrew's wedding showed the *massive* crowds on the Mall. I don't thing Harry's wedding got the same reception in Windsor?

btw, the link in the last thread pointing to this one doesn't work.

by Anonymousreply 33March 5, 2019 5:57 AM

KP has the right to delete any offensive posts from their site, just as DL does. Good luck to them. But the DM article doxing the off-site MM trolls is a step way, way too far.

by Anonymousreply 34March 5, 2019 6:12 AM

My favorite: snatchy queens who get riled up if you don't get the titles/names EXACTLY right every time you refer to a royal.

Unclench the stick in thy buttocks.

by Anonymousreply 35March 5, 2019 7:15 AM

R27 here, R35 - you’ve proved my point. Perfectly.

by Anonymousreply 36March 5, 2019 8:19 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37March 5, 2019 10:32 AM

Where does all this malarkey come from? Is she feeding it to the DM? Why are they accepting the bait? What the fuck is going on?

by Anonymousreply 38March 5, 2019 10:41 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39March 5, 2019 10:45 AM

R37, that’s hilarious. As if Camilla would permit that.

by Anonymousreply 40March 5, 2019 10:53 AM

Light reading while I'm on the treadmill

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41March 5, 2019 10:54 AM

Is The Telegraph trolling or is William trolling? Somebody is definitely trolling.

[quote] Prince William opens new Foreign Office facility named after pioneering female diplomat who gave up career for marriage.

[quote] After the Second World War, she joined the Foreign Office and travelled behind the Iron Curtain to Belgrade where she met Christopher Mayhew, minister and Labour politician and accepted his proposal.

[quote] The decision meant she had to give up her career, going on to have four children, supporting her husband’s political career and, in later life, interviewing candidates for the Foreign Office.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42March 5, 2019 11:03 AM

Simon Heffer at the The Telegraph doesn't think much of Anna Pasternak's new biography of Wallis Simpson.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43March 5, 2019 11:11 AM

The Telegraph's version of the Meghan and Charles friendship story that sparked the DM article at R37.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44March 5, 2019 11:16 AM

Royals and politics

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45March 5, 2019 11:21 AM

FYI - Meghan has had Braxton Hicks contractions and may be going into labour early... I don’t remember who, but someone called this LONG ago. She was pregnant on her wedding day.

by Anonymousreply 46March 5, 2019 11:29 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47March 5, 2019 11:33 AM

[quote] My favorite: snatchy queens who get riled up if you don't get the titles/names EXACTLY right every time you refer to a royal.

Yes! Other guaranteed crowd-pleasers:

Refering to British/European accents

Tunnels

by Anonymousreply 48March 5, 2019 11:36 AM

If she truly was pregnant at the time of her wedding (and I'm not disputing that possibility by any means), maybe that would explain the need for moon bumps?

by Anonymousreply 49March 5, 2019 11:36 AM

Hmm but isn't it ten months since the wedding? I don't know how this stuff works.

by Anonymousreply 50March 5, 2019 11:41 AM

It's no wonder people have speculated that she was pregnant at the time of her wedding and lost the child, because the time line is just so weird.

by Anonymousreply 51March 5, 2019 11:47 AM

Her hair and eye makeup make it look like she just rolled out of bed, r47. Also, that coat clashes with that dress. It almost looks like a lab coat. And, once again, her shoes are too big. This wasn't exactly a hard event for which to dress. Why must she make everything so difficult.

I wish there was video of this event so we could see just how ignored they were at this gathering. You just know that no one in that crowd wanted to be seen with them.

by Anonymousreply 52March 5, 2019 11:47 AM

i would think she would be dressing to look less pregnant, not more, R49?

by Anonymousreply 53March 5, 2019 11:49 AM

God, that dress is ghastly - one of her worst. Yes, the coat sucks. The hair looks dirty and messy. The makeup looks clownish. What the fuck? She's disgusting.

by Anonymousreply 54March 5, 2019 11:52 AM

Hmmm I don’t know what all of you are seeing but I think she looks great. I love the coat with the dress. Btw so she’s disgusting because her clothing taste isn’t what you prefer? Got it.

by Anonymousreply 55March 5, 2019 11:58 AM

You're too stupid to warrant a reply, R55.

by Anonymousreply 56March 5, 2019 12:00 PM

I ought to have written "You're too stupid to warrant a serious reply."

by Anonymousreply 57March 5, 2019 12:01 PM

I like the dress, mostly because it skins over the problem areas.

The coat doesn’t work with the dress.

Shoes look very cheap and also clash.

Is she wearing.... SUNTAN PANYYHOSE??? (Asked in the voice of Jessica Lange’s “. Knotty piiiiiiine!”)

by Anonymousreply 58March 5, 2019 12:01 PM

Sure r56. Whatever you say. Love how the insults start when someone disagrees with the fraus on here.

by Anonymousreply 59March 5, 2019 12:02 PM

Skims

by Anonymousreply 60March 5, 2019 12:02 PM

I'm disagreeing with you because you're wrong.

by Anonymousreply 61March 5, 2019 12:07 PM

R61 that’s fine but don’t say “you’re too stupid to warrant a reply.” Some might take that as an insult. Really.

by Anonymousreply 62March 5, 2019 12:09 PM

Interesting story about Charles and Meg being friends. Is there PR pushback coming from KP? I don't like MM at all but I do think she's a person who is capable of charming certain people. Has she charmed Charles? The Queen? It's pretty obvious to me William doesn't care for her (and i bet that's the reason for the reported Cambridge-Sussex tension).

Either way, character will out, imo. She's an insincere attention whore with a taste for flash and finery, and she hasn't done anything to make me think she understands her role as a member of the RF is not the same as it would have been had she become Hollywood A-List off the back of her acting. I also think the marriage itself is likely doomed, because I think she and harry are both attracted to each other for childhood-damage-related reasons. He failed at saving the first princess (his mother, and there's no implication he could have saved her, I'm mainly talking psychologically), can he save this one and heal that old wound?

by Anonymousreply 63March 5, 2019 12:19 PM

I don't give a fuck, R62. And if you're that sensitive, go away. DL isn't the place for you.

by Anonymousreply 64March 5, 2019 12:20 PM

I must say her dress reminds me of my Nana's curtains. Whoever said the coat looks like a Lab coat nailed it. Is this another pair of nude shoes, these seem to have a suede effect? Kate on the other hand looks lovely.

by Anonymousreply 65March 5, 2019 12:26 PM

The overtired and overfraued "Keep calm and carry on" can go die in a grease fire. Some originality and wit would be nice for a change. The last batches of these threads have been tedious as fuck with the constant circular arguments and Tumblr snooze worthy content and fan fiction. Step it up! More Queen Mary! More...anything.

by Anonymousreply 66March 5, 2019 12:33 PM

Meghan

The shoes are ok. They're court shoes. There really isn't much to like or dislike. I like the dress and the coat. The pattern and embellishing on the dress camouflages the belly button. There is so much I really approve of in this outfit.

And then there are the tights. I hate "nude" tights generally and these are the wrong shade for her. I can't unsee them and that ruins the entire outfit for me.

Kate

The top of her dress is hideous. Death to school marm attire. The 1940s are so far in the past that they're not even in our rear view mirror. Let them fade away. Why a lovely young woman would choose to dress like a spinster from more than half a century ago is beyond me. That aside, the colour and the skirt are splendid. The flow of the skirt is particularly appealing.

HM

I shamelessly love polka dots and I'm happy to see Liz in a fun frock today.

by Anonymousreply 67March 5, 2019 12:34 PM

ITA with the assessment of Kate's frowzy frock. I really like the way she dresses for the most part, but she does seem to have an unhealthy affinity for old lady stuff. That particular dress, with the high neck, is an epic fail. They both looked underwhelming, but Kate still looked better than...you know who.

by Anonymousreply 68March 5, 2019 12:42 PM

R63 "Interesting story about Charles and Meg being friends. Is there PR pushback coming from KP?"

Yes, it absolutely is. The Telegraph which published the column has a direct line to Clarence House, and Charles is at pains to protect Harry and Harry's kids from the blowback from MM's lousy PR. The Telegraph, oblivious to the ire and jeers btl of pieces like this, like VF and PEOPLE and Lainey, is strictly Camp Meghan.

The comments btl of the piece give you an idea of the fact that the Telegraph doesn't care about what its readers think, only about its obligations to the PR office at Clarence House.

by Anonymousreply 69March 5, 2019 12:45 PM

Kate is a wonderful lady but her dress is too conservative&boring.Meghan and Camilla look much better.

If Kate was wearing Meghan's dress,Kate fanatics would be talking about how great&appropriate she looks.

by Anonymousreply 70March 5, 2019 12:47 PM

Meg’s coat can’t be fastened over her belly. It’s pointedly drawing attention to the miraculous messiah brewing within. At Eug’s wedding there was nothing going on belly-wise but she wore that great big maternity coat to draw attention from the bride. At this point I believe she really is just a dumb narcissist.

by Anonymousreply 71March 5, 2019 12:49 PM

R54 - I agree Meghan looks awful. Her hair looks like she's just given up on it, the dress is vulgar, the coat OK. Kate looks lovely overall, her "affect" shows through nicely, but I also agree with others that it's a bit too maidenly. And if my sainted Mum were nearby she would stick her thumb into Kate's spine and shout, "Stand up straight, Miss!"

Neither woman looks spectacular today, although at least Kate looks pulled together. Meghan's look has no coherence to ti.

Fifty years as Prince of Wales - what a ghastly fate.

by Anonymousreply 72March 5, 2019 12:49 PM

The dress is vulgar how?

by Anonymousreply 73March 5, 2019 12:54 PM

Oh, I know, R72! I do feel for Charles in a way. He's in such a strange position.

by Anonymousreply 74March 5, 2019 12:54 PM

My 2c: I like Meghan's brocade, at least the cut is demure for a "heavily pregnant" woman, but her hair is a mess and the makeup is too heavy. LOVE Kate's super-minimalist look, with the buttons up to her chin– what a statement, she was going for full contrast to whatever Meghan wore, heh heh. Though it does suggest to me Wallis Windsor's wedding dress a bit.

by Anonymousreply 75March 5, 2019 1:12 PM

Kate's retro direction is welcome in my book, because I think fashion went too far in the other direction. Personally, I always hated strapless wedding gowns with plunging décolletage and belly-hugging maternity wear. Then again, I'm so old-fashioned I'd like for 18th-century finery to come back, so....

by Anonymousreply 76March 5, 2019 1:21 PM

R73 - Full disclosure: I loathe brocade AND I loathe metallic decoration on clothes. It's makes the wearer look like an ornament, or alternatively, very Mother of the Bride. Together with the disgracefully messy hair the overall look to me is cheap (although the dress probaby is anything but). Just my taste.

by Anonymousreply 77March 5, 2019 1:22 PM

I never realised how much Charles is like his mother.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 78March 5, 2019 1:24 PM

Couple more observations from the photos released so far: none with the two duchesses together, in one group shot they are as removed from each other as possible...Meghan can't resist some bellycupping and Harry-clutching.....while photos can be deceiving, Harry is drinking wine and looks in a foul mood in every one.....Meghan's face looks curiously thinner than it did a few days ago, not that it means anything.....as for Kate's posture, I think some of it may be a tall girl leaning in for conversation, but who knows....

by Anonymousreply 79March 5, 2019 1:27 PM

So when Meghan greets Kate, do they do the girl thing of complimenting each other's dresses, or is that not the done thing amongst royals? Certainly in LA it's all "you look amAAAAzing." I doubt Meghan could muster a sincere compliment for Kate's dress at this event, it's so not what she's into.

by Anonymousreply 80March 5, 2019 1:31 PM

There's a pic of Anne talking to H&M.I think she's the only one who can stand them.

by Anonymousreply 81March 5, 2019 1:32 PM

Meghan's dress matches the grand gilded decor. I don't mind it, though it makes me smile.

I'm guessing Anne talks to whomever she likes, with zero fucks given for how it looks. She's above petty snobbery.

by Anonymousreply 82March 5, 2019 1:34 PM

Wheres the Duke of Edinburgh (sic) ? I know he has retired, but this is his son's celebration.

by Anonymousreply 83March 5, 2019 1:38 PM

"Kate's super-minimalist look, with the buttons up to her chin– what a statement, she was going for full contrast to whatever Meghan wore"

- All the better to showcase her head of full, loose, lush, glorious hair. It's the equivalent of a beautiful woman wearing minimal makeup and no jewelry - "Look at me, I don't need embellishment." Anyway, well done Kate, I approve!

by Anonymousreply 84March 5, 2019 1:39 PM

"Kate's super-minimalist look, with the buttons up to her chin– what a statement, she was going for full contrast to whatever Meghan wore"

And all the better to showcase her head of full, loose, lush glorious hair. Like a beautiful woman in minimal makeup and no jewelry - "Look at me, I don't need embellishment." Well done, Kate, I approve!

by Anonymousreply 85March 5, 2019 1:42 PM

Double post, sorry. Why does it do that?

Anyway, I'll take the opportunity to add that Theresa May is wearing rather cute shoes.

by Anonymousreply 86March 5, 2019 1:49 PM

If you look at what the Queen and Kate are wearing, Meghan is overdressed for the occasion - again. Look at the smirk on her face.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 87March 5, 2019 1:59 PM

Eugenie visited a Nottingham hospital recently.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 88March 5, 2019 2:01 PM

R87, yeah, but look at the "heavyset" gal in black behind Harry.

by Anonymousreply 89March 5, 2019 2:01 PM

Eugenie, like Kate, has the "kind affect" Imo

by Anonymousreply 90March 5, 2019 2:02 PM

"Look everybody, I'm having a baby", says Meghan.

"We know woman", yells everyone everywhere.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 91March 5, 2019 2:07 PM

This video is very interesting. No interaction between the Cambridge and the Sussex couples. Harry and Meghan seem to be shuttled off to the side while the main players (The Queen, Charles, Camilla, Will and Kate) are the centre of attention.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 92March 5, 2019 2:17 PM

Charles looks as old as his mother The Queen.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 93March 5, 2019 2:19 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 94March 5, 2019 2:46 PM

R94 - In that photo, Meghan has the Julia Roberts pout down pat.

by Anonymousreply 95March 5, 2019 2:47 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 96March 5, 2019 2:48 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 97March 5, 2019 2:50 PM

[quote]The Duchess of Sussex was pictured looking down at her bump as she met Welsh Secretary Alun Cairns, who congratulated her on her pregnancy, as they mingled at the reception.

[quote]'I look rather different than the last time you saw me', she joked gesturing at her bump. 'Yes it's sweet, we're nearly there', Meghan added.

What an asset she is, so certain that everyone is fascinated by her breeding status.

by Anonymousreply 98March 5, 2019 2:53 PM

During the musical performance, The Queen fiddles with her black handbag, Charles looks lost in space and Hazbean is as far away from the Will and Kate as possible.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 99March 5, 2019 2:58 PM

Camilla wears jewels once worn by Diana.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 100March 5, 2019 2:59 PM

The reception line. Theresa May got the memo to wear purple to match the Queen. I think Prince Charles noticed and commented to the Prime Minister.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 101March 5, 2019 3:01 PM

Is Charles going to make it? He looks like he's ready to expire at any moment.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 102March 5, 2019 3:03 PM

You're so right about the Julia Roberts pout. They are similar facially. And how is it NO photos of the Cambridges and Sussexes interacting? Surely they said hello to each other? Or maybe it was done "offstage."

And yes, R92, the video is interesting, clearly the entrance had been choreographed in advance. Charles makes an effort to chitchat with Harry and especially Meghan as he comes in. Kate looks great, but is so damn thin, like an ironing board from the side; also I wish she wouldn't touch her hair. Meghan is taking those long, Kathy-Griffin-imitating-Paris-Hilton strides, what's up with that?

Also, this is random, but can someone explain something I've never understood about DL: So when you press "WW" it's a "like" for someone's post? And FF is a dislike? I get laptop notifications that people "like" a post of mine, but can't seem to determine which post was liked. Anyone?

by Anonymousreply 103March 5, 2019 3:06 PM

Kind of poignant, seeing those pictures of young Charles getting crowned by the Queen, and then to see them today, both elderly. Being old myself, I still sometimes think of Charles as that pre-Diana young man, the one everybody wondered who he'd marry someday.

by Anonymousreply 104March 5, 2019 3:13 PM

I think MM her dress was beautiful and her coat . But the dress should even be better when worn not pregnant . No and i’m not a fan of her . And Kate who I really admire was a bit off with that dress . She looked painstakingly thin . Please Kate put some flesh on these bones ! She looked like a grandmother in that dress . Color was also not vivid enough for her .

by Anonymousreply 105March 5, 2019 3:17 PM

R100, lol that side by side! “Got your jewels, bitch!”

by Anonymousreply 106March 5, 2019 3:19 PM

Minor quibble: I thought metallics were not to be worn during the day? So, why the metallic brocade dress?

Sparkle looks like she’s barely restraining herself from running to the front of the group as they enter the room (in that choreographed group entrance)

by Anonymousreply 107March 5, 2019 3:30 PM

Nutmeg's brocade dress blended in well with the furniture at Buck House.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 108March 5, 2019 3:52 PM

Why do some people salivate over Kate and her rather ordinary looks? She’s not ‘refreshingly’ average, bitch is just plain. Shapeless and plain featured. Her celebrated brunette locks are supplemented with extensions. Without them, she’s even more mediocre, if that’s possible.

by Anonymousreply 109March 5, 2019 4:04 PM

Why must Meghan wear a coat at all? Does she not realize she's indoors and it's not a church? Nobody else is wearing one. I'm sure the palace has a cloak room for guests. This is the woman who was wearing spring clothes to her winter engagements. Remember that super tight dress with a small flower print and cap sleeves? She had no problem wearing that without a coat. Jesus.

by Anonymousreply 110March 5, 2019 4:09 PM

R85, you are aware that she can’t read this and if she could, she wouldn’t give a rats ass about you. The stans are worse than the people that they stan over.

by Anonymousreply 111March 5, 2019 4:15 PM

R85 is one of the new Kensington Palace social media interns.

by Anonymousreply 112March 5, 2019 4:26 PM

Sorry, meant R111 is the KP intern. At any rate, thank you, R111, for your contribution.

by Anonymousreply 113March 5, 2019 4:27 PM

This word "stan" is so insipid and annoying.

by Anonymousreply 114March 5, 2019 4:30 PM

R109 - I'd like some proof on the extensions, given that photos of her from her teens on show a woman born with beautiful hair. And the point about her looks is that they are perfect for her position: attractive, pleasant, unthreatening, and she's smart enough to have crafted an identifiable look that supports that persona.

I take it you're a Meghan Markle stan visiting from Celebitchy? We know how you all feel about Kate.

Give our best to Kaiser.

by Anonymousreply 115March 5, 2019 4:58 PM

R100 - So does Kate. The only major jewel of Diana's ever worn by Sparkle is the giant aquamarine Diana purchased to replace the sapphire engagement ring after the divorce. Kate, of course, wears the iconic sapphire now, and also has some of the Saudi suite sapphires on lone and the Cambridge Lovers Knot tiara. The aqua is much too big for MM's hand and I believe she's only worn it twice. I'm sure Harry will get her something nice for bearing his first-born - or rather, Charles's money to Harry will.

by Anonymousreply 116March 5, 2019 5:03 PM

R116 - Kate didn't sleep with Diana's husband. Spot the difference?

by Anonymousreply 117March 5, 2019 5:05 PM

R102 - He's always looked like that. He got the ruddy Windsor cheeks - in fact, Harry and William have them, too. He eats nothing but organic food and is probably in the best of health, not to mention taken care of by the best medical care money can buy in the UK.

by Anonymousreply 118March 5, 2019 5:05 PM

R117 - So what? What they are, in fact, are jewels from the royal collection that Diana sometimes wore, not personal gifts her husband gave Diana. It's not as if Charles gave Camilla the sapphire engagement ring, or as if Camilla came out in the Cambridge Lovers Knot Tiara.

Spot the difference?

by Anonymousreply 119March 5, 2019 5:07 PM

R111 Put a sock in it, MEGHAN!

by Anonymousreply 120March 5, 2019 5:07 PM

I'm not going on cb but are they saying the queen, Charles, will and Kate are staying away from meghan and Harry because they are sooooo jealous of their blinding light.

by Anonymousreply 121March 5, 2019 5:19 PM

Hard to believe William is now almost a year older than his mother when she died.

by Anonymousreply 122March 5, 2019 5:24 PM

R121 - LOL. I wouldn't put it past some of the diehards on CB.

When and if this goes south, most of those posters will have to be put on tranquilisers.

by Anonymousreply 123March 5, 2019 5:24 PM

R116 did Diana have to give back the engagement ring? Or she was no longer able to wear it because the marriage was over? I wonder how they divided up all her jewels etc after her death.

by Anonymousreply 124March 5, 2019 5:26 PM

The sapphire ring was left to William and Harry. I remember reading that the brothers agreed that whoever married first would give it to his fiancee.

by Anonymousreply 125March 5, 2019 5:31 PM

[quote] attractive, pleasant, unthreatening

R115 One assumes this is meant to be complimentary of the Duchess of Cambridge but it's so regressive it hurts.

Who the hell, male, female, gender fluid, traditional, conservative, progressive or any other damn thing in between, would want to be described as attractive and "unthreatening" (sic)? That doesn't even describe an English rose because they have thorns.

No smart person is ever truly non-threatening. She knifed all other contenders to become queen in waiting and the mother of a king. Bow Down, Bitches.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 126March 5, 2019 5:36 PM

Edward II and Victoria are the only ones I've ever been interested in.

by Anonymousreply 127March 5, 2019 5:39 PM

Oh my, the video of the BRF walking into the event today is delicious. Meghan tried to walk in front of William and Kate under the guise of continuing a conversation with PC (who was really only talking to Harry anyway). Harry goes to hold her back, because even he is not so dim to realize jow wrong that would be. Two aides quickly come up to them, one of them literally running, to have a discussion and keep them in the corner while principals of the BRF reviewed the display.

HM gave them nary a glance and appeared to tell PC to stop talking to them. Harry appeared grim. He probably quite well understands how much disregard they have for him at this point. Also, kudos to them for no longer forcing Kate to act friendly towards MM. The gloves have come off. After the christening, they will really relegatecthem to the shadows.

by Anonymousreply 128March 5, 2019 5:43 PM

Where's the video please?

by Anonymousreply 129March 5, 2019 5:51 PM

I saw the video on DM and also noticed her walking alongside William and wondered is she supposed to be up there with him? He didn't acknowledge her but boy she has some nerve. She will never ever stay in her lane, will always try to be equal or parallel to Wm/Kate. BRF will need to assign someone full time to play goalie and keep her in her assigned space.

by Anonymousreply 130March 5, 2019 5:56 PM

Nobody looked in her direction except PC and he was hurried along by HM.

by Anonymousreply 131March 5, 2019 5:57 PM

R129, it's on the DM. Sorry, I don't know how to link it.

by Anonymousreply 132March 5, 2019 5:57 PM

It appears they had two aides waiting to stop MM should she pull such a stunt. They weren't allowed with the rest of the family and instead were escorted to another area. Harry kept looking at the group to catch their eye as if he couldn't believe it was happening. Serves him right for foisting MM on them.

by Anonymousreply 133March 5, 2019 6:00 PM

R129 - the video is @ R92.

by Anonymousreply 134March 5, 2019 6:04 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 135March 5, 2019 6:09 PM

R129 - here's the video. Watch the black footman try to steer the Sussex couple away from the five main members.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 136March 5, 2019 6:11 PM

The reason HazBean was stopped is because William is next PoW and Charles is the current. Was not their photo op!

by Anonymousreply 137March 5, 2019 6:13 PM

R135 - the only "culture" Nutmeg knows is the fake Hollywood/Soho type.

Meanwhile, didn't Kate graduate with a degree in ART HISTORY? She's quite a photographer too. But the story wants us to believe that it's Nutmeg who is the artsy and cultural daughter-in-law? Oh my sides. Yet another Sparkle PR falsehood.

by Anonymousreply 138March 5, 2019 6:17 PM

If you watch Meghan in R136 though, she is desperate to get in on that photo op. She doesn’t care in the slightest that it’s for the Queen, Charles, & William as the current and next two monarchs.

by Anonymousreply 139March 5, 2019 6:18 PM

I thought Camilla looked quite good today in green. Here is a description of her brooch.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 140March 5, 2019 6:20 PM

I imagine 3-5 years from now the Duchess of Frogmore will be doing an Oprah "special" where she "opens up about life behind palace doors" and cries and dabs at her tears while lamenting how she tried to fit in and they just blocked her at every turn, she just wanted to be a part of the family. Amal will be at her side to counsel her so as not to violate any terms of the divorce and jeopardize future installment payments.

by Anonymousreply 141March 5, 2019 6:27 PM

R111, as it should be, since Kate stans are insipid and annoying.

Kate is a courtesan who married well. Courtesan is a fancy word for WHORE.

by Anonymousreply 142March 5, 2019 6:38 PM

50 years waiting to be the king must be such fun for PC.Why make such a big fuss over this accomplishment?

by Anonymousreply 143March 5, 2019 6:39 PM

Kate hair secrets

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 144March 5, 2019 6:40 PM

I wonder if Philip is actively in the process of dying these days?

by Anonymousreply 145March 5, 2019 6:41 PM

Until now r137, Harry had been included. They're making clear he's a minor royal and they are not.

by Anonymousreply 146March 5, 2019 6:48 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 147March 5, 2019 6:48 PM

Maybe Harry and Meg are soulmates? Similar maternal names: Diana/Doria Similar noses: sloped I can imagine these facts really made Haz think it was fate.

by Anonymousreply 148March 5, 2019 6:49 PM

I wonder if Sparkle wore the coat because the dress is sleeveless? Perhaps not the right thing for such an event.

Re the video...

1. Glad to see that Kate no longer has to be the one chosen to walk beside and talk to Sparkle. Note that it is the brothers who are side by side (and not talking to each other).

2. Harry looks back as they enter the room, clearly waiting for the footman(?) to direct them as to where they should stand.

All very tightly controlled.

No more going rogue for you know who.

by Anonymousreply 149March 5, 2019 6:50 PM

R126 "Who the hell, male, female, gender fluid, traditional, conservative, progressive or any other damn thing in between, would want to be described as attractive and "unthreatening" (sic)?"

Ans.: Someone interested in not rocking the boat of monarchy as it careens dangerously off the cliff of modernity, trying desperately hard not to make it to obvious that the whole thing is a scam that mostly benefits the monarch and her descendants.

You're looking at this from a pleb's point of view. They're looking at it from a survival point of view - something Meghan Markle either does not get or, because she doesn't expect to be there for the long haul, doesn't care about.

Kate's job was to make William happy, make sure that unlike his own family experience, she gave him a stable, secure family life as a bulwark against his increasing "responsibilities".

This is a job she accepted of her own free will and she has done superbly.

Your horizons need expanding. Being King William IV's Consort and the mother of a future kings, as well as being rich as Croesus and enjoying a life of privilege mostly beyond the reach of most people's imaginations, is not the same thing as being barefoot and pregnant in a cabin in Ozarks.

by Anonymousreply 150March 5, 2019 6:51 PM

*too obvious

by Anonymousreply 151March 5, 2019 6:52 PM

*William V, sorry, not William IV

Typing too fast.

R150

by Anonymousreply 152March 5, 2019 6:54 PM

R109:

"Ms Wilkins went on to add: “There are rumours that she might have hair extensions but I’ve never found anyone to confirm that.”

by Anonymousreply 153March 5, 2019 6:55 PM

R142 - Oh, please. Kate was William's girlfriend, just as Meghan was Harry's, and Fergie was Andrew's, and Sophie was Edward's, etc., etc., ad nauseam ad infinitum. If girlfriend is synonymous with courtesan, the definition has expanded well beyond reasonable borders. She was his girlfriend and eventually, he married her. Happens all the time everywhere on the planet every day. Meghan was Harry's girlfriend and eventually he married her.

If it comes to whoring, name three other men Kate slept with. If there's a whore in the room screwing men randomly for advantage, her name doesn't start with "K".

by Anonymousreply 154March 5, 2019 6:59 PM

Oi R150 that's the Dowager Queen Adelaide to you!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 155March 5, 2019 7:01 PM

[quote] You're looking at this from a pleb's point of view.

[quote] Your horizons need expanding.

One can only assume that you, R150 are viewing this matter from the vista that only royals possess. How shall we plebs who are here speculating properly address you?

Your Royal Highness? Your Grace? My Lady? Your Majesty?

We await your instructions.

by Anonymousreply 156March 5, 2019 7:02 PM

Kate’s dress - IMHO - would look better if the prim neckline wasn’t joined with a pleated, billowy skirt. Before I saw the pics, I had imagined more of an Audrey Hebpurn line, in which case a high neckline could look gorgeous and sleek. This is definitely marmish

by Anonymousreply 157March 5, 2019 7:03 PM

Kate most likely had her drunken whore past cleaned up by The Firm. And she does wear extensions. She’s probably had sex with her brother.

by Anonymousreply 158March 5, 2019 7:05 PM

R143, Kate waited fifty years to be Williams wife, aye, she bloody did.

by Anonymousreply 159March 5, 2019 7:07 PM

Kate Rules. Meagain Drools.

by Anonymousreply 160March 5, 2019 7:07 PM

Stop responding to trolls, it's tiresome to read and you're just feeding them. Worse thing is these influx of anti-Kate trolls aren't even funny or bitchy, just pathetic. It'd be one thing if they were entertaining but they're not even that.

by Anonymousreply 161March 5, 2019 7:12 PM

R136 - That video is quite amusing. First off, Meghan should have curtsied, however briefly given her gravid state, to both Charles and the Queen as they passed, and second, yes, it's quite obvious that she thought she and Harry should be included and had to be stopped from heading over to the table. That was Earl Snowden, speaking of minor royals, stopping to chat with them both as he and the Sussexes headed in behind the More Important People.

R156 - Hey, you can address me as Not Wearing Politically Correct Handcuffs. Who the fuck died and made you the Emperor of how any woman on earth should view her life?

by Anonymousreply 162March 5, 2019 7:16 PM

R161 - Point taken. They are pathetic, are they not?

by Anonymousreply 163March 5, 2019 7:17 PM

I voted for Camilla. She seems fun. Diana isn't fun anymore.

by Anonymousreply 164March 5, 2019 7:20 PM

Whilst one may be residing in the Afterlife , one is still somewhat aggrieved to discover one's name is not placed at the very top of your 'poll'. Why, this might as well be Romania!

by Anonymousreply 165March 5, 2019 7:23 PM

Neither duchess has gravitas. Although they're both 37, they give off ditzy schoolgirl vibes. Meghan's dress is whatever, but her makeup and fake smiles are garish. Kate looks like Karen Carpenter in the 70s, barrel curls, prairie dress, and hunched from anorexia. They are vapid girls playing at being women of substance.

by Anonymousreply 166March 5, 2019 7:29 PM

R101 - That video is interesting, too - I noticed that the PM did not curtsey to Camilla, William, or Kate, only to HM and the PoW.

by Anonymousreply 167March 5, 2019 7:29 PM

.......Maybe DoM isn’t as admired as her Datalounge ass kissers would love to think...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 168March 5, 2019 7:32 PM

She’s looking rather haggard in the Newsweek photo as well.

by Anonymousreply 169March 5, 2019 7:33 PM

AntiKate trolls are only as pathetic and tiresome as their subject and the losers who slobber over her.

by Anonymousreply 170March 5, 2019 7:35 PM

Kate has done well, and we can see how tiresome a more entertaining personality would have become.

by Anonymousreply 171March 5, 2019 7:39 PM

Dear dear non-royal R162. The comment at R126 wasn't about how Kate should or shouldn't view her own life. It merely derided R115's compliment, if one can call it that.

It is you, my dear who seems intent on telling others how they should view the world rather than vice versa.

And for the record, no one merely died and made me Empress. I murdered my way to the top.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 172March 5, 2019 7:43 PM

R168 - That article is from 2014 when Kate was 32.

by Anonymousreply 173March 5, 2019 7:44 PM

I watched the video on DM's website. Harry and Meghan were awkwardly waiting at the door for the rest of the group to enter the room. Charles appears to be speaking to Harry, and then Meghan and Harry start walking with Prince Charles so that they can continue the conversation. (Must have been important!) They got behind Charles so that they were side by side with William and Kate. To be exact, Harry was now walking side by side with William but neither acknowledged each other. Then the two assistants came and directed Harry and Meghan towards an empty area further back in the room, whileHM, PC, Camilla, and William and Kate browsed items displayed on a table towards the front. At one point, William was walking side by side with Camilla along the table, chatting contentedly, while Kate trailed behind, and HM and Charles walked in the lead. William would rather talk to CAMILLA than Harry or Meghan. That says it all.

As the the five senior royals were leaving the room, Harry appeared to make an annoyed hand gesture to his minder, as if to say, "Can we go NOW?" Welcome to the second tier, Harry. If he were still single, he would have been walking alongside Camilla in a group of 6.

by Anonymousreply 174March 5, 2019 7:45 PM

Hopefully Harry and Meghan had the opportunity to circle back to the table later to finally view those displayed items which had Camilla and William so chatty with each other.

by Anonymousreply 175March 5, 2019 7:48 PM

If George were old enough to behave properly, he would have been permitted to walk alongside William, as a direct heir, while Harry and Meghan watched from the back.

by Anonymousreply 176March 5, 2019 7:49 PM

R174 - As has been mentioned before in these threads, nothing is openly stated in these circles, but a form of code used instead to put people in their place. Those pretending that the balcony optics on Remembrance Day, their placement in the last row of the box at Albert Hall half-hidden by a curtain for same, the absence of the Sussexes from Balmoral this summer (their first as a married couple, remember), the offer only of Frogmore Cottage as a home base with nothing in London, and the (so far) absence of any hint of an HRH for the SohoBebe don't mean anything are naive.

Meghan started by insulting the Queen's generosity with Tiaragate, then pissed off the family, especially the Yorks, at Yuge's wedding, flouted protocol by wearing black all the time, fucked up on the Antipodean Tour several times including with leaks of abuse toward staff, and capped her first year off with the Five Friends From PEOPLE Magazine article and the $500,000 Manhattan Celebrity Baby Shower.

Did I forget to mention sowing the seeds of discord between Harry and his brother, and antagonising the Cambridges so badly with nasty PR leaks that the Cambridges made it plain they wanted the Sussexes nowhere near their family - thus doing the Sussexes out of Apt. 1 in KP, which is adjacent to William's and Kate's grand 21-room apartment?

by Anonymousreply 177March 5, 2019 7:55 PM

I totally agree R177 , well said.

by Anonymousreply 178March 5, 2019 7:57 PM

R176, George?!? That fucking little brat?!? Don't you know that I AM having a baby, that MY baby will be so much more important than THAT IRRELEVANT STRAWBERRY BLONDE WORM ?!?

by Anonymousreply 179March 5, 2019 8:01 PM

R179, please move to the back of the room. You're blocking the photographers' lighting.

by Anonymousreply 180March 5, 2019 8:03 PM

The Daily Express has gotten ahead of the gushing on the DM with a story pinned to the "isolating" of Meghan and a "grim-faced" Harry:

"Meghan Markle 'put in corner' with 'grim-faced' Prince Harry as Kate takes centre-stage

MEGHAN Markle was “put in the corner” with Prince Harry looking “grim-faced” while the rest of the Royal Family took "centre-stage” at Prince Charles’ party, claimed body language expert Judi James.

By KATIE WESTON

PUBLISHED: 19:42, Tue, Mar 5, 2019 | UPDATED: 20:17, Tue, Mar 5, 2019

Meghan Markle appeared isolated and alone at Prince Charles’ party on Tuesday, claimed a body language expert. Judi James described Meghan and her baby-bump as “put in the corner” and Prince Harry as “grim-faced” during the first joint engagement with their in-laws since Christmas Day. This is not the first time Meghan has been isolated during a Royal engagement, with the Duchess of Sussex standing on a separate balcony to the Queen, Kate and Camilla during the Remembrance Day parade. Meghan stood beside Elke Büdenbender, the wife of the Germany's president Frank-Walter Steinmeier, as the pair paid their respects to those who lost their lives during World War 1."

As Prof. Higgins sighed, "How delicious!"

by Anonymousreply 181March 5, 2019 8:05 PM

How many cream, beige, black and brown coats does Meghan have at this point? Is the one worn today a repeat or a new one?

Don't get me wrong I feel Kate also has too many similar coats in her closet as well. All of them pricey.

by Anonymousreply 182March 5, 2019 8:07 PM

R182 The coat is a repeat.

by Anonymousreply 183March 5, 2019 8:09 PM

Remember how jealous Charles was when he married Diana and the crowds wanted her instead of him? That was a huge strain on their marriage.

I can‘t imagine spoilt Harry likes reading about himself as the dimwit who fell for a grifter. And he has less impulse control than Charles. This marriage will be hell soon.

by Anonymousreply 184March 5, 2019 8:14 PM

Laughing at how Smuggan got sidelined today. Charles can be heard saying, “Stand right there,” as the rest of the group goes to look at the regalia. The officer comes running to escort them away. Must have been galvanized by a certain Moroccan courtier who had them on their merry way last week.

by Anonymousreply 185March 5, 2019 8:14 PM

I am of the opinion that the PEOPLE Magazine article dropping the Archbishop of Canterbury's name through the mouth of an anonymous "friend" of Meghan's to promote Meghan's image (which by all odds was not vetted with the Palace, although it was probably informed just before the article dropped), and the Manhattan Celebrity Baby Shower, were the last straws for the BRF. Despite tepid attempts to offset those two blisteringly bad sets of PR, (cf. "The Queen is So Impressed With Meghan She's Going to Writer Her an Admiring Letter!" and "Meghan Soothed Tensions Between Charles and Harry!" and "Charles and Meghan Share a Special Bond!"), it is beginning to be obvious that Meghan has overplayed her hand and landed herself and Harry in the soup.

Even the BRF's determined Happy Families Facade seems to have its limits. Those videos today are damning, just damning. The BRF is pissed off at the Sussexes, which really means Meghan, and the pitiful Harry is caught between his blood family and his pregnant wife. I don't envy him the spot.

by Anonymousreply 186March 5, 2019 8:25 PM

How do you know any of this R177? How the fuck do you or any other pro-Kate Meghan-hate losers know any of this shit? You are all so pitiful, but I want you to continue to post more so we can have some laughs.

by Anonymousreply 187March 5, 2019 8:27 PM

R187 You are a waste of space and contribute zero wit or insight to this thread. Blocked.

by Anonymousreply 188March 5, 2019 8:30 PM

What R188 sees when it looks in the mirror...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 189March 5, 2019 8:32 PM

R188 - Ditto. Asking how anyone "knows" any of this shit on a fucking gossip site!

by Anonymousreply 190March 5, 2019 8:35 PM

It's a pity that those teens stabbing people in London parks can't get a hold of any of you Kate lovers. Not one of you deserves to live.

by Anonymousreply 191March 5, 2019 8:38 PM

Haha, MM is finally getting her just desserts and her fans are livid that people are laughing at her!

by Anonymousreply 192March 5, 2019 8:39 PM

Charles looks so aged compared to his parents when they were 70. He moves slower than Trump and that's saying something. I think he will die shortly after QE.

by Anonymousreply 193March 5, 2019 8:43 PM

Meghan hasn't done anything wrong except not be snow white....she may be calculating and shrewd but Kate isn't? Oh wait, Kate is WHITE...I'm sorry. None of you are laughing at her - you are cruelly mocking her. It kills me that most of the royal stans are white Americans...it's so hypocritical to overlook Kate's manipulative behaviors.

Tis a pity she's a whore.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 194March 5, 2019 8:46 PM

R192 - " . . . her fans are livid that people are laughing at her!"

Her fans, if the posts on this event on CB are anything to go by, are convinced that the Sussexes were hugging the wall in the corner to avoid contact with the Cambridges, blind to the obvious attempts to keep them in that corner and away from the exhibit table.

by Anonymousreply 195March 5, 2019 8:46 PM

Can anyone bring over or perhaps summarize the gist of the Camilla Tominey piece in the Telegraph, about Meghan and Charles's friendship? It's behind a paywall.

by Anonymousreply 196March 5, 2019 8:50 PM

From that video, it appeared to me that Harry knew as they entered the room, that he and his wife were supposed to stand back from the main group. In the doorway, Harry turned back and motioned to someone in the other room to come and escort him and his wife. This was followed shortly by the footman coming in.

These events are all choreographed.

by Anonymousreply 197March 5, 2019 8:51 PM

Tee tee, Kate's beautiful hair makes people so mad.

by Anonymousreply 198March 5, 2019 8:53 PM

Were Anne, Andrew, and Edward there? You'd think the Queen's other kids and the prince's other brothers would be more important than Harry, since they were there for the original ceremony.

by Anonymousreply 199March 5, 2019 8:54 PM

Oh, the Meghan lunatic is back. The moron has finally managed to build up a few posts in order to be able to post all that tedious bile again.

Ignore the idiot and keep on with the witty and bitchy remarks and the insightful assertions, though personally I'd prefer them to be dealing with the entire BRF, not just with the wannabe celebrity grifter bitch.

by Anonymousreply 200March 5, 2019 8:55 PM

I think I agree with your reading of the video, R197. I'd say Meghan should have waited and stayed absolutely put at Harry's side, taken her cue from him instead of venturing forward with Charles.

by Anonymousreply 201March 5, 2019 9:01 PM

Ha!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 202March 5, 2019 9:01 PM

R201 - She can't, that's the problem. Like a laserbeam, she heads for the limelight. She can't control herself.

by Anonymousreply 203March 5, 2019 9:02 PM

R197 - Well, that's a softer view of the episode and you may be right. Just the same, Harry does look sour and Meghan did try to head off after Charles. The gap between the brothers, and the Cambridges and Sussexes, hierachically, is rather starkly drawn in this event. It cannot have been lost on Harry and Meghan.

by Anonymousreply 204March 5, 2019 9:06 PM

Meg is picking up British speech. In the vid of her talking to that guy, she says things like "as well" and "when I saw you last." She does have a pretty, musical speaking voice. And we know from that old Christmas play vid that she's a good singer.

The other thing I notice from video of the crowd is that in conversation, all the younger royals gesture wildly with their hands. This is generational, the older ones were more reserved in that regard.

by Anonymousreply 205March 5, 2019 9:10 PM

The Big 5 have apparently set out to make certain Harry fully understands that he is the spare. It seems, from the video, that Harry wasn't certain what to do, but the footmen clearly knew. Sadly, it appears to be an intentional humiliation of Harry. Despite the problems caused by Meghan, public mistreatment of a son, brother, and grandson is not a way to handle the situation. They may be royal but they are not gracious or enviable. If the Big 5 can't be courteous to Harry and Meghan, they shouldn't have been invited. You do not mistreat people invited into your home.

by Anonymousreply 206March 5, 2019 9:16 PM

I thought about this, R206. Perhaps Harry and Meghan should have been with Anne and others? Tough one to navigate. They're sort of in-between in terms of familial rank, or perceived rank.

by Anonymousreply 207March 5, 2019 9:20 PM

Would it really have been so bad to let Harry and Meghan look at the stuff laid out on the table? It's not like they were going to get a good photo with all five of the others within a single frame.

by Anonymousreply 208March 5, 2019 9:21 PM

While the queen is alive, Harry should rank no higher than Andrew. Andrew is the queen's spare. Harry is the POW's spare.

by Anonymousreply 209March 5, 2019 9:22 PM

If Harry is more important than Andrew, then George is more important than Harry.

by Anonymousreply 210March 5, 2019 9:23 PM

Well, George is in fact much more important than Harry, dynastically speaking.

by Anonymousreply 211March 5, 2019 9:25 PM

There needs to be added that dynastically speaking, Charlotte and Louis are already more important than Harry.

Take a look at the line of succession.

by Anonymousreply 212March 5, 2019 9:28 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 213March 5, 2019 9:29 PM

Did The Duchess give the beneficence of her sage counsel by imparting her unique recipe for avocados on toast?

by Anonymousreply 214March 5, 2019 9:36 PM

The best I can say for the group is that Charles is always beautifully and immaculately dressed. Why does the queen always wear black shoes?

by Anonymousreply 215March 5, 2019 9:39 PM

Charles looks fit to drop and he really isn't that old at 71. Harry needs to work on looking more pleasant and stop scowling so much. Glad Theresa didn't make a fool of herself with a wild curtesy this time but doesn't she have more pressing issues to attend to? Tick Tock, Tick Tock.

by Anonymousreply 216March 5, 2019 9:41 PM

I think holding them back might have been a last minute thing, something HM told the courtiers to look for in case Meg did what she was trying to do. Harry held her back for his dad, but it was Meg who kept talking to Charles, as if she was going to use talking to him as an excuse to walk and talk with him to get to the table before or with Will and Kate instead of after. I think that was the nail in the coffin and they were held completely back for fear she would try to use talking to Charles again as an excuse to walk with him ahead of Wills. I think that maybe they were just supposed to wait to walk after Will and Kate, but after Megs little move they were kept apart from the 5 and the table. And Harry wasn't happy. Just a thought.

by Anonymousreply 217March 5, 2019 9:44 PM

So, was Harry waving the footman in because he knew that speaking to his wife about where they were to stand was not going to work?

Or was the footman part of the plan all along?

by Anonymousreply 218March 5, 2019 9:50 PM

How rude to talk constantly during someone else's ceremony.

by Anonymousreply 219March 5, 2019 9:50 PM

I hope Chuck hangs on for at least another 15 years. Let the grandkids grow up

by Anonymousreply 220March 5, 2019 9:54 PM

For the first time, the Queen seemed a little frail to me.

Is William a stick in the mud? Charles is more gracious than William.

by Anonymousreply 221March 5, 2019 10:03 PM

Is The Duchess of Frogmore trying to push William's buttons to the point he explodes in public and then she can cry victim as is typical M.O. of Narcs? Takes some nerve to try and orchestrate walking ahead of William at an official ceremony. If the stories of William's temper are true, Bean needs to rethink her game playing.

by Anonymousreply 222March 5, 2019 10:06 PM

Interesting that the poll shows Meghan as being relatively popular (only a little bit behind Kate, and miles in front of Charles and Camilla and even Princess Anne). Just goes to show the Meghan-bashing threads are just a couple of highly prolific posters.

Surprised Diana is not more popular.

by Anonymousreply 223March 5, 2019 10:09 PM

Don't know to link the photo without linking the whole article...but on the DM pictures, the grifter has a big hole in her tights.

by Anonymousreply 224March 5, 2019 10:16 PM

I like Meghan's dress. It's ugly in an interesting way. The same cannot be said for her face, however. It's ugly in an unforgivable way.

by Anonymousreply 225March 5, 2019 10:19 PM

1. Meghan looks like she is wearing a table cloth over cheap curtain.

2. Harry looks like a scrubbed up drunk who had to look "professional" on his visit to his probation officer, after his last DUI.

3. Kate looks like a spinster with an eating disorder.

4. William looks like he hates life in general.

by Anonymousreply 226March 5, 2019 10:21 PM

What was the point of today’s event? What is the Queen trying to rub it in Charles’s face that she is still alive and he doesn’t have the top job?

by Anonymousreply 227March 5, 2019 10:21 PM

R206 - Actually, I think the BRF have bent over backwards for Harry and this marriage, despite most of them probably having a pretty good idea that Harry was making mistake and refusing to countenance questioning. Permission was given by the Queen without a murmur, Charles was extremely welcoming and warm and stood in for her father at the wedding, she was given a high profile patronage and responsibility. Throughout, Meghan kept crossing lines, and if she finally crossed too many, why are they at fault for finally making their own lines clear? After the tirara shit, the maternity coat at Yuge's wedding, the constant wearing of black, the outrageous wardrobe costs combined with next to no effort to support British fashion names, and the that baby shower and the PEOPLE Magazine article, how far are they supposed to go?

I think the BRF finally realised that being gracious about it all was the wrong approach. Perhaps the only way Meghan will realise that she isn't the one with the power, and learn that there is a price to pay for sticking two fingers up to the institution that finally gave her what she craved, A-list global status, is a bit less cowering from the BRF.

by Anonymousreply 228March 5, 2019 10:27 PM

Kate’s not wearing hosiery.

by Anonymousreply 229March 5, 2019 10:29 PM

Today was the 50th anniversary of Charles investiture as Prince of Wales. William will succeed him as Prince of Wales when he becomes monarch.

I really do think while this protocol stuff is necessary sometimes, it's not so necessary at other times. What's so big deal about a father, Charles, showing his artifacts to both his sons. It's not like Harry doesn't know William will succeed to the throne. It just seems like such a rude, divisive thing to do at times. For big pubic ceremonies yes, but shit. This was a family gathering.

Andrew and Edward were not there. Some people say they stayed away because they were not part of the original ceremony, and Anne was. But I call bullshit on that weak explanation. I think Charles needs to reform some of the protocol instead of setting up situations that make it ever more difficult for people to be natural together.

I think honestly, that the public adores William and Harry, and it would go a long way with the public if Harry and William were still seen as being together at times when their father is being honored. This is such bullshit.

The real problem is Harry is way more popular than William, and is being forced to assume a reticence completely at odds with his personality and his place in the public's eyes. Harry is a dutiful, loving son, and a loving brother, and he came to support his father. But he is rarely rewarded for it these days.

by Anonymousreply 230March 5, 2019 10:30 PM

R224 - " . . .but on the DM pictures, the grifter has a big hole in her tights."

Are you serious? See, this is the thing. Labels hanging from clothes, coats with the kick pleat still sewn, horrendously messy hair, tights with holes, scuffed shoes . . . is the woman really that detached from reality?

R229 - The skirt of the dress is nearly to her ankles, and what you can see of her legs and feet are clearly three shades darker than her hands. She is wearing hose.

by Anonymousreply 231March 5, 2019 10:31 PM

Will someone succinctly explain to me 'tiaragate'? I wasn't really paying attention when it happened, but what was the big deal? Meghan wanted to wear a specific tiara for her wedding and wasn't allowed?

Thanks.

by Anonymousreply 232March 5, 2019 10:41 PM

r232 Tiaragate was the rumour that she had requested a tiara with emeralds and was told no because of the provinance of the stones. She threw a tantrum, Harry threw a tantrum - "What meghan wants Meghan gets". The Queen heard about all this and got involved to tell no she gets what I give her amongst other thing. Around November time articles came out that seemed to indicate the tiara she had wanted was the Vladimir. This tiara is only worn by the Queen, she would not have been offered it as a choice which meant she researched it and demanded it off her own back.

by Anonymousreply 233March 5, 2019 10:48 PM

Is that really a hole in her stocking? Looks like it could be a boo-boo or something. What I do see is Meghan standing with Anne, legs spread apart like her water is about to break. Yet another one of her odd little things. She keeps doing them!

by Anonymousreply 234March 5, 2019 10:48 PM

Re the entrance video:

At thebeginning, HazBean are waiting for the others at the entrance. So, someone clearly told them “Park it here and wait for the others.” I would LOVE to know exactly what they were told.

Wouldn’t they understand this meant they should enter after the others (as protovol probably requires anyway)?

Harry even gives the “after you” gesture.

THEN, it all goes awry as Sparkle seems to do her patented “just keep chattering and smiling and ooze your way into this party you’re not invited to” move.

Then there’s a flurry of actuvity, and HazBean are hustled offstage!

by Anonymousreply 235March 5, 2019 10:48 PM

R232 - Volunteer, here.

Meghan had her heart set on a tiara with emeralds. The Queen offers incoming brides a choice from a limited selection, that never includes (except for her own daughter) tiaras that the Queen herself still wears, or ones that are unsuitably grand, or with tainted provenance.

No tiara with emeralds was on offer, least of all the grander ones, and the less grand and uncontroversial one, the Greville, had already been claimed by the Queen's granddaughter, Pss. Eugenie, for her wedding in October. Apparently, Meghan threw a fit, and Harry, trying to support her in her misery, was heard to bawl, "What Meghan wants, Meghan gets!"

HM had to take Harry aside and tell him that his beloved needed some attitude adjustment: she took what the Queen offered and that was that. In the end, poor Meghan had to make do with the paltry Queen Mary Bandeau Tiara.

The story appeared without contradiction in Robert Jobson's bio of Prince Charles, released in the spring, and has never ever been denied by the Palace.

It was about that time that Harry and Meghan were offered Frogmore Cottage and nothing else for their royal home base. I have always wondered if the boot out of London and the offer of the less than distinguished, although certainly to the rest of us plebs eminently luxurious, Frogmore Cottage and Tiara Gate were somehow connected.

by Anonymousreply 236March 5, 2019 10:49 PM

R232. Megjhan wanted a tiara with emeralds, like Eugenie later wore, and the Queen told Harry that Meghan needed an attitude adjustment. That it was up to the Queen to offer a tiara, not for Meghan to demand one of her own choosing. The story has never been denied.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 237March 5, 2019 10:49 PM

R231, she’s clearly not wearing hosiery. Check again.

by Anonymousreply 238March 5, 2019 10:51 PM

One of the DM COMMENTS says William can be heard to bark, “Not allowed!” at some point in the entrance vid.

Is that true?!

by Anonymousreply 239March 5, 2019 10:59 PM

So strange to think Diana was pretty much pre-internet. Imagine how she would have used social media. Ay-yi-yi.

by Anonymousreply 240March 5, 2019 11:04 PM

Thanks R233 r236 r237

I could see how her being demanding might rub the BRF the wrong way. Asking for the one you like isn't a problem, but when the answer is no, you move on and take one that's available.

Sounds like she had/has a bit of inflated sense of importance.

(Her tiara's not bad, but Eugenie's is definitely more striking. I'd want that one as well)

by Anonymousreply 241March 5, 2019 11:15 PM

Eugenie has inherited her mother's overly pale, soon-to-be ruddy Irish skin; she has winter coloring, and therefore she looks good with blue and green colors and accents.

Why would Meghan even want emeralds? Wouldn't spring colors be more appropriate for her? I think she'd look good with pink or purple or light blue gemstones. Do they make tiaras with amethysts and blue topaz? or pink rubies? (red rubies would be too much.)

by Anonymousreply 242March 5, 2019 11:16 PM

Eugenie's tiara looks beautiful in the natural sunlight (even when it was cloudy). Seems like that thing would give you a hell of a headache if you have a big head, and the ends are pressing into your skull.

by Anonymousreply 243March 5, 2019 11:18 PM

R239, he doesn't bark it, but it does sound like what he said.

by Anonymousreply 244March 5, 2019 11:21 PM

I read somewhere that it was more traditional for wedding tiaras to be only diamond (no colored stones.)

When Markle wore the bandeau tiara, I grudgingly admired her good taste and restraint. (She had already started working my nerves by the time of the wedding.)

Of course we now know she didn’t choose the beautiful, elegant bandeau tiara.

by Anonymousreply 245March 5, 2019 11:23 PM

Aren't these events planned to the last detail? I wonder if Harry and Meghan were not supposed to walk with the major royals but showed up at the appointed spot anyway. They probably would have let them walk behind them and look at the display table had Meghan not pulled that stunt of trying to walk with Charles. She must be utterly exhausting to deal with on a day-to-day basis.

by Anonymousreply 246March 5, 2019 11:26 PM

R242 Sarah Ferguson doesn’t have any Irish ancestry.

by Anonymousreply 247March 5, 2019 11:33 PM

Is Sparkle really that pushy (after all, there’s nothing to gain)?

Or is she just complete clueless trash with no home trading at all?

If the latter, she was always going to have problems in nicer settings.

She wasnt raised middle or upper class, and the entertainment industry isn’t going to encourage good manners. Curious that her college sorority didn’t civilize her a bit— at least enough to teach her not to run ahead of someone’s elderly grandmother and the guest of honor.

by Anonymousreply 248March 5, 2019 11:35 PM

Home training

by Anonymousreply 249March 5, 2019 11:35 PM

r242 Don't know why she wanted emerald's specifically however her dress was very plain and the Vladimir with it's emeralds would have worked improved the overall effect.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 250March 5, 2019 11:36 PM

"Princess Meghan could play a crucial role as an intermediary in securing a post-Brexit trade deal between the UK and the USA. Hopefully Theresa May isn't blind to this fact and will act accordingly."

by Anonymousreply 251March 5, 2019 11:39 PM

[quote]Tee tee, Kate's beautiful hair makes people so mad.

Doesn't Kate wear a weave?

by Anonymousreply 252March 5, 2019 11:42 PM

[quote] Is that really a hole in her stocking? Looks like it could be a boo-boo or something

A boo boo? Are you an adult? What is wrong with you?

You act like a 4 year old. We're embarrassed for you

by Anonymousreply 253March 5, 2019 11:45 PM

Would it have been too much for MeMe to inquire what the other ladies were going to wear to today's event? If she had, she might not have selected a tinsely shiny evening dress while the others were in day dresses. Might have toned down the bucket of makeup and ratty hair too.

by Anonymousreply 254March 5, 2019 11:49 PM

I never understood the rumours that Meghan couldn't wear the emerald tiara because Eugenie had already "claimed" it. Couldn't they both just have worn it if they liked it so much? I don't think many people would even have noticed. Magazines like OK! and Hello! would have spun it as a sweet story: "Meghan and Eugenie are already so close that they wore the same tiara at their weddings!"

by Anonymousreply 255March 5, 2019 11:51 PM

You can tell the optics of the investiture entrance were really bad, because all the Meghan admirers are on here spitting nails. Scram, ladies.

by Anonymousreply 256March 5, 2019 11:56 PM

And the Kate admirers are spitting venom mixed with shit, but that's not really news.

by Anonymousreply 257March 5, 2019 11:58 PM

Like I said - the optics were really, really bad. Ha ha!

by Anonymousreply 258March 6, 2019 12:00 AM

R255 nope, Eugenie called dibs. It was hers.

by Anonymousreply 259March 6, 2019 12:03 AM

For both to wear the same tiara would be unthinkable, at least to moi!

by Anonymousreply 260March 6, 2019 12:06 AM

r234 It does look like it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 261March 6, 2019 12:06 AM

R255 - "Couldn't they both just have worn it if they liked it so much?"

I trust you are being ironic?

Otherwise, what the fuck planet did you grow up on?!

by Anonymousreply 262March 6, 2019 12:23 AM

[quote] Asking for the one you like isn't a problem, but when the answer is no, you move on and take one that's available.

Re Tiaragate

I don't believe that it was ever confirmed that Sparkle wanted the tiara that Eugenie had already "claimed".

I don't believe it was ever confirmed that the Vladimir was the tiara that Sparkle wanted. (Way, way too grand for someone just marrying into the RF.)

The reason for the raised eyebrows for the story was that if you are a new bride and a commoner marrying into the RF, it is a gesture of the Queen's that she selects a few tiaras that she OFFERS for the bride to CHOOSE FROM.

Most people I would guess would be grateful to be given a selection of tiaras to choose from.

It is churlish that someone would, rather than be honored and grateful, throw a fit that they would not be allowed to wear whatever they choose, rather than one of those offered.

by Anonymousreply 263March 6, 2019 12:23 AM

R250 - Sure . . . if only it weren't one the Queen wears routinely and that is far too grand for a 36 year old American divorcee . . . but I don't doubt Meghan was thinking along those same lines: "My elegantly simple gown topped off with the Vladimir! Take it off, Ma'am, and hand it over!"

by Anonymousreply 264March 6, 2019 12:25 AM

R242 - Emerald is the gem of spring: it's the birthsone for May. Green, like the new growth, get it?

by Anonymousreply 265March 6, 2019 12:27 AM

Do we know the tiaras that were on offer? How many were there?

by Anonymousreply 266March 6, 2019 12:27 AM

R262 - a planet where it's completely okay for two grown women to wear the same tiara at their weddings five months apart?

by Anonymousreply 267March 6, 2019 12:33 AM

[quote] Haha, MM is finally getting her just desserts and her fans are livid that people are laughing at her!

You can laugh all you want - for now. If she pushes Harry to leave the Royal family and become a private citizen, the whole entire group of them are FINISHED

Charles and his friends thought they had the upper hand with Princess Diana. She's having the last laugh from the grave with her final gift to Harry. His inheritance from her. The royal family needs him. He doesn't need them. Thanks to Diana, he's worth over $40 Million U.S dollars. He can live a fantastic life with all that money. And he can earn tens of millions more spilling all the royal family secrets with interviews and a book

He who laughs last, laughs best. You may laugh now, thinking you have won, but you may not prevail in the end

by Anonymousreply 268March 6, 2019 12:42 AM

When Catherine Middleton married Prince William, the Queen gave her a choice of a selection of tiaras.

Kate had wanted to wear flowers in her hair as a bride, but because she was marrying the future king, she was expected to wear a tiara.

Kate chose the smallest of the ones that the Queen offered.

by Anonymousreply 269March 6, 2019 12:45 AM

I'm not a fan of Sparkle but the tiara that she wore for her wedding was lovely.

Perhaps the ones that were presented for her to choose from were the most suitable in style and size.

Given what we've seen since the wedding as far as her apparel, etc., someone else's choice was the way to go.

by Anonymousreply 270March 6, 2019 12:49 AM

R241 Are you serious? There’s nothing wrong with asking? There’s EVERYTHING wrong with asking! If the Queen is extending a courtesy, you’d have to be really entitled and arrogant to put a demand in. Like they teach in preschool, you get what you get and you don’t get upset.

by Anonymousreply 271March 6, 2019 12:51 AM

R268 why do you imagine Harry is “needed” by the RF? He’s an embarrassing clown.

by Anonymousreply 272March 6, 2019 12:52 AM

R266 Rumor is she presents 4-6 tiaras to a new bride.

by Anonymousreply 273March 6, 2019 12:52 AM

R268 They’ve been through this with Edward VIII. The BRF thrived after he left. Harry can GTFO if his bitch can’t play by the rules.

by Anonymousreply 274March 6, 2019 12:54 AM

What hat was HM wearing at Prince Charles investiture ceremony in the 1960s? The hat looks like a Star Trek costume.

by Anonymousreply 275March 6, 2019 12:56 AM

Forgetting someone, are we?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 276March 6, 2019 12:58 AM

[quote] a planet where it's completely okay for two grown women to wear the same tiara at their weddings five months apart?

r267, you fail to understand that the royal family are a symbol of and vessel for tradition. Such a deviation from the standards of breeding, class and elegance would have put the final nails in the coffin of the British royal family, and quite possibly, all the grand families of Europe. No, the British taxpayer would never stand for such a slap in the face.

by Anonymousreply 277March 6, 2019 1:00 AM

R267 - I thought so. Because there is no such planet - two globally televised wedding of royal brides five months apart and you think no one would even notice they're wearing the same tiara.

by Anonymousreply 278March 6, 2019 1:01 AM

I am waiting for the day when Meghan exposes those wretched folk.

by Anonymousreply 279March 6, 2019 1:11 AM

[quote] That video is quite amusing. First off, Meghan should have curtsied, however briefly given her gravid state, to both Charles and the Queen as they passed

WRONG. The rules are you curtsy the first time you see them that day. You don't have to the rest of the day. And let's just go with the supposition that you were correct, Harry should have bowed to his grandmother too. The fact that he didn't tells me that they have already seen her earlier in the day

by Anonymousreply 280March 6, 2019 1:11 AM

Not allowed! Are you kidding me.

I'm beginning to feel sorry for Harry. Sounds like a lot has gone to William's head. He is treating his brother horribly. Whether he likes his wife or not.

by Anonymousreply 281March 6, 2019 1:13 AM

R268 - Jesus, where did you drop from? Harry can't trust the principle of that trust, his real income is about £300,000 per year, and his father gives him and William a "supplement" annually so they can keep their wives in nice clothes that are paid for by the Sovereign Grant. Harry's brother got the exact same trust fron Diana, only once the Queen is raptured, William is going to inherit the Duchy of Cornwall with its £20 million a year whilst Harry's income stays the same. Harry bloody well needs them more than they need him - without them he's nobody and without them, Meghan Markle wouldn't have looked twice at him.

If the went merrily on without his mother the Global Star they sure as hell don't need the whingeing sixth in line and his trash wife.

by Anonymousreply 282March 6, 2019 1:15 AM

Lol @ "the Rf needs Harry more than Harry needs the RF." I don't know what's going to happen to the monarchy after the Queen dies, and I'm not certain it will survive. I am fairly certain, however, that Harry won't have much to do with it either way. He's just the latest Prince Andrew, who was in his own time well liked for his youthful hijinks and laddishness. But even Harry has aged out of that now, and has long since begun to take on the sour, put-upon mien of his father and older brother.

by Anonymousreply 283March 6, 2019 1:15 AM

^can't touch the principle . . .

by Anonymousreply 284March 6, 2019 1:15 AM

R280 - The rules are you curtsy in public. They may have had breakfast and lunch with her AND Charles privately, but in a public setting like this, you curtsy when they go by.

by Anonymousreply 285March 6, 2019 1:16 AM

Apparently, Americans aren't allowed to view the Royal memorabilia. I'm starting to get pissed off and I'm no fan of Meghan's.

by Anonymousreply 286March 6, 2019 1:18 AM

[quote]It just seems like such a rude, divisive thing to do at times. For big pubic ceremonies yes

I don't want to know about the royal family's 'big pubic ceremonies.'

by Anonymousreply 287March 6, 2019 1:18 AM

[quote] They’ve been through this with Edward VIII. The BRF thrived after he left. Harry can GTFO if his bitch can’t play by the rules.

You're wrong and don't know what you are talking about. Back when Edward the VIII was around, the British press didn't print a single word about him and Mrs Simpson when they were dating. Not a word. The American press sure did though. All of America knew what was going on. The Brits really only found out about her when he abdicated. Back then the British citizens just went with what ever the Monarchy told them to do. Now is a different time. Charles almost killed the Monarchy. If Harry leaves, there will be a national conversation as to whether the UK needs a monarchy. And this time, the UK media will not be their friend or keep their secrets

And Harry will be only too happy to give interviews and spill all their secrets. He's still resentful of the way his mother was treated. He even talked about how bizarre it was that no one in his entire family talked about his mother in the weeks after her death. Not a single word. And he is still livid that he was made to walk behind his mother's casket in order to prevent his father from being attacked by the crowds. He said it was inhumane to make him do that

by Anonymousreply 288March 6, 2019 1:21 AM

I thought Prince Charles has to curtsy first and then the ladies follow his lead?

by Anonymousreply 289March 6, 2019 1:23 AM

meghan Stan’s are ready to commit hair-Kari over today

by Anonymousreply 290March 6, 2019 1:26 AM

"the UK media will not be their friend or keep their secrets"

I don't know about this at all, the UK tabloids have a very weird relationship with the RF but they (and the broadsheets) are still surprisingly deferential. The tabs also know that their core readership is generally made up of people who unironically support the RF. If anything i think Harry leaving would be used as an excuse for the papers to really go after him and Meghan/side with the establishment.

I'd love the spectacle of Harry selling out his fam for $$$ (that would be the juiciest shit ever) but at the end of the day that dude is British and upper class and subject to all the quirks and foibles his upbringing has given him. I don't see that happening, ever, and I say that believing there is actual, real resentment there.

by Anonymousreply 291March 6, 2019 1:30 AM

R288 "And Harry will be only too happy to give interviews and spill all their secrets."

Like hell he would. He'd never get enough from those interviews to make up for the millions he'd lose as the BRF cut him and Meghan off without another pound. Harry may be dim but he's not that dim. And if you think Meghan Markle is interested in a has-been Prince instead of one looking forward to another trust when his Papa kicks the bucket and all them perks, think again.

She wouldn't have looked at him without his roya life and she'll leave him flat if he ditches it.

by Anonymousreply 292March 6, 2019 1:31 AM

Kate looked terrible. The Queen looked terrible. Camilla looked good. I loathe Megantoinette but I liked the dress. She looked decent. Broken clock, twice a day...

by Anonymousreply 293March 6, 2019 1:32 AM

Fan fiction time!

H: Darling, I’ve a bit of a surprise for you. I’ve just been to see Papa, to tell him I’m walking away from it all. We can finally go where we want, live where we choose, do as we please! Isn’t it marvelous?

M: Uhhhhh.....

by Anonymousreply 294March 6, 2019 1:40 AM

[quote] Harry is a dutiful, loving son, and a loving brother, and he came to support his father. But he is rarely rewarded for it these days.

Harry came to support his father and also to GET PAID. As you know, his appearance at these type of public events are mandatory and part of his role/job. The one that keeps him and his wife in expensive designer clothes, bodyguards, pricey trips, and refurbished mansions in the millions of pounds.

by Anonymousreply 295March 6, 2019 1:41 AM

[quote] Harry can't trust the principle of that trust, his real income is about £300,000 per year, and his father gives him and William a "supplement" annually so they can keep their wives in nice clothes that are paid for by the Sovereign Grant.

The money was in a trust from Princess Diana until they reached the age of 30. When each turned 30, the trust was disbanded. You don't know what he's done with his money. He received 10 Million cash when he turned 30. Trusts can be broken. Of course taxes have to be paid, but a book and a bunch of interviews would take care of the taxes and leave lots left over. Plus Harry inherited about $10 million U.S from the Queen Mum (according to the BBC)

by Anonymousreply 296March 6, 2019 1:43 AM

[quote]You can laugh all you want - for now. If she pushes Harry to leave the Royal family and become a private citizen, the whole entire group of them are FINISHED

Someone has become unhinged. The BRF will continue with or without the DofS and/or his wife. Their absence would make news for a while, then recede into the background. The rest would carry on as before.

[quote]He can live a fantastic life with all that money. And he can earn tens of millions more spilling all the royal family secrets with interviews and a book

Kidding right? He and his wife would be made to sign strict NDAs should they decide to leave the 'official' BRF and make their lives completely private. He'd never get a chance to 'spill secrets', nor would he do that to his father and extended family. He'd earn more scorn than praise there.

by Anonymousreply 297March 6, 2019 1:46 AM

[quot] Must have been galvanized by a certain Moroccan courtier who had them on their merry way last week.

What does this nean?

by Anonymousreply 298March 6, 2019 1:58 AM

R298 Check out videos of Harry and Meghan in Morocco. At their arrival, there was a Moroccan female courtier assigned to Meghan. She prevented Megsy from walking the red carpet, which Harry ended up doing with Moroccan officials. At their farewell, Meghan and Harry were asininely holding hands with their back to the Crown Prince. The lady comes around with a look of scorn on her face, shakes her head and rolls her eyes,and gestures for Meghan to follow her to the car. As she is getting in, you can see Meghan fuming and thunderously pulls her dress in. My point was that finally, today, with the equerry pulling them aside, someone had the balls to put Nutmeg in her place and that they were inspired by the Moroccan protocol lady.

by Anonymousreply 299March 6, 2019 2:06 AM

R296– The Queen Mum had 6 great-grandchildren from Elizabeth and more from Margaret and she only left a trust for a Harry? Just how delusional are you.?

by Anonymousreply 300March 6, 2019 2:06 AM

What did William say 'Not Allowed' to?

by Anonymousreply 301March 6, 2019 2:13 AM

To MM not following the order of precedence and trying to walk in front of William and Kate.

by Anonymousreply 302March 6, 2019 2:16 AM

R300 - It's no use. You can tell trolls like this from now till Kingdome Come that all the outlets used the term "reportedly", there was never the slightest evidence of those trusts, that the Queen Mum was constantly broke and being bailed out by her daughter and never had $14 million to split up, and that if she left trusts it was to the grandchildren, not the great-grandchildren, and certainly not the two great-grandchildren who were going to be richer than the rest. The trusts haven't been dispanded, they are still earning revenue, and that revenue is the two boys' annual real personal income.

You can sing till you're blue in the face. They insist that if the TIMES and the BBC said "reportedly" it must be true - despite the fact that it makes no sense at all.

by Anonymousreply 303March 6, 2019 2:18 AM

[quote] The Queen Mum had 6 great-grandchildren from Elizabeth and more from Margaret and she only left a trust for a Harry? Just how delusional are you.?

I didn't say that. Where are you getting that crazy nonsense from. You are fucking imagining that. I'd put money on it that reading comprehension has always been a problem for you.

[quote] Plus Harry inherited about $10 million U.S from the Queen Mum

Where does it say she only left money to Harry? NO WHERE. You're imagining that. You're making it all up. If I remember correctly she left 4 million UK to all her other grandchildren and great grandchildren. And as the BBC has reported, she left 10 Million to Prince Harry. You may not like this, but that is the way it is. Now go take your medicine. You are the one having delusions

by Anonymousreply 304March 6, 2019 2:30 AM

Thanks, R299.

I found a video of them arriving in Morocco, but not the one you mentioned about but not the farewell.

Can you link, please.

by Anonymousreply 305March 6, 2019 2:32 AM

R304– Do you have a link for the BBC report which claimed that she left 10 million to Hillary and less than half that to be split amongst a dozen other people. Go back to whatever site you came from because your lack of logic doesn’t fly here

by Anonymousreply 306March 6, 2019 2:36 AM

[quote] It's no use. You can tell trolls like this from now till Kingdome Come that all the outlets used the term "reportedly", there was never the slightest evidence of those trusts, that the Queen Mum was constantly broke and being bailed out by her daughter and never had $14 million to split up, and that if she left trusts it was to the grandchildren, not the great-grandchildren, and certainly not the two great-grandchildren who were going to be richer than the rest. The trusts haven't been dispanded, they are still earning revenue, and that revenue is the two boys' annual real personal income.

You must have missed the bit where the Queen Mum put 2/3 rds of her estate in a trust (that she left to her great grandchildren). She still had a fortune left over to leave her daughter (The Queen). Just because she didn't pay her bills doesn't mean she didn't have any money, just that she chose not to pay her fucking bills. She knew her daughter and grandson would pay her bills. She could have sold a painting (a Monet) or a Faberge Egg to pay her bills. But she didn't want to

You two fucking fools can believe the BBC is lying. Here's the Guardian - they must be lying too by saying her estate was worth estate, valued at between £50m and £70m. The Guardian got this info from Buckingham Palace. I'm sure you think they are lying too. It seems everyone's lying, but you two losers

She put that money in a trust fund. It's not "being reported that she did". It is a fact that she did it. And she did it to screw over the taxman (taxlady actually)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 307March 6, 2019 2:45 AM

I don't know where the BBC's link is, but all the other reports on the internet are siting the BBC as their source for the info (I'm sure you think everyone is lying by quoting the BBC)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 308March 6, 2019 2:52 AM

I know you two drama queens with vivid imaginations aren't able to google anything, so here's the BBC's report

And I am sure you think they (the BBC) are lying - even though they got this info from BUCKINGHAM PALACE - who must also be lying

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 309March 6, 2019 2:54 AM

And here's the Guardian talking about the other grandchildren receiving money from the trust (I NEVER said they didn't. That was your vivid imagination)

But I'm sure you think the Guardian are liars too

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 310March 6, 2019 3:00 AM

[quote] Kidding right? He and his wife would be made to sign strict NDAs should they decide to leave the 'official' BRF and make their lives completely private. He'd never get a chance to 'spill secrets', nor would he do that to his father and extended family. He'd earn more scorn than praise there

Are you out of your mind? They don't have to do shit and no one can force them to sign anything. Harry learned a thing or two from his mother about giving an interview against the royal family without a single soul knowing about it.

by Anonymousreply 311March 6, 2019 3:03 AM

I always thought making William and Harry walk behind Diana's coffin was kind of cruel. As was making them come outside and accept flowers from mourners and smile and shake hands a few days after she died.

I would not have wanted to do that as a twelve-year-old.

by Anonymousreply 312March 6, 2019 3:04 AM

This thread is for bitching about tacky clothes and tiaras! Get with the program!

by Anonymousreply 313March 6, 2019 3:04 AM

[quote] Like hell he would. He'd never get enough from those interviews to make up for the millions he'd lose as the BRF cut him and Meghan off without another pound. Harry may be dim but he's not that dim.

He's very impulsive. Don't underestimate his stupidity or his wife thinking and needling him that they could make it on his money alone plus future earnings from interviews and books. They'd make a fortune from a book

by Anonymousreply 314March 6, 2019 3:08 AM

Yes, R299 - I, too, would like to see the fuming and thunderous dress-pulling!

by Anonymousreply 315March 6, 2019 3:10 AM

R300, R303, R306

This is the part where you say that you were wrong and don't know what the hell you were talking about

by Anonymousreply 316March 6, 2019 3:12 AM

Not walking on the red carpet in Morocco.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 317March 6, 2019 9:28 AM

Now that I’ve watched the entrance video a hundred times, it does look as though Charles and Co are surprised to see the Sussexes looming in the doorway. What were they doing there?

by Anonymousreply 318March 6, 2019 10:23 AM

Did someone fuck up by telling Sussexes to wait there? Or did they just show up? Why not have them wait with Ann and the others? So weird.

by Anonymousreply 319March 6, 2019 10:28 AM

Shouldn‘t a professional actress be able to remember where to stand and know how to hit that mark?

by Anonymousreply 320March 6, 2019 10:29 AM

Whoever does MM's hair should be sacked, pronto.

by Anonymousreply 321March 6, 2019 11:01 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 322March 6, 2019 11:01 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 323March 6, 2019 11:21 AM

r322 My god, wtf was that? He invites her up on stage at the end of his speech. She says nothing and just clings to him and waves at the crowd. WTF? There is something mentally wrong with the pair of them.

by Anonymousreply 324March 6, 2019 11:22 AM

I hate the clingy act she does with him. She probably does it to make him feel like he is her protector. Does he not see that she is perfectly unafraid in front of crowds when he's not there?

by Anonymousreply 325March 6, 2019 11:27 AM

Wow, it's just like Hollywood, or something. Megs got a shiny new plastic wig for the occasion.

by Anonymousreply 326March 6, 2019 11:32 AM

R324 According to the DM, the crowd enjoyed it.

[quote] After calling on young people to engage in social and environmental causes, Prince Harry said: 'I'm now going to drag my wife on stage,' prompting screams of delight from the audience.

[quote] He walked over to Meghan's seat and led her by hand into the spotlight, where they hugged and stood with their arms around each other as Harry told the crowd: 'I am with you, and we are with you'.

[quote] Mother-to-be Meghan, who is due in the coming weeks, beamed with pride during the brief appearance, gazing lovingly at her husband and standing back to allow him to revel in the applause.

by Anonymousreply 327March 6, 2019 11:44 AM

Her hair looks so awful!

by Anonymousreply 328March 6, 2019 11:44 AM

No R185, you are wrong. Don’t make stuff up.

Her family are expected to bow or curtsy to Her Majesty upon first seeing her for the day and upon last seeing her for the day.

Otherwise every family occasion would be a frenzy of bowing and curtsying when HM is sighted which, while being undeniably entertaining to witness, never happens.

So many people on these threads authoritatively quoting manufactured facts. Just stop it!

by Anonymousreply 329March 6, 2019 11:46 AM

Oh my ! I think she ordered him to come for her and get her on stage after the humiliation at the family function yesterday ! You see how much he loves me ? Infantiel behaviour from the two of them to say the least !

by Anonymousreply 330March 6, 2019 11:49 AM

The problem is, Har and Meg are popular with kids and younger generation. In todays SJW climate and race sensitivity, makes Harry and Meghan relatable to liberal youth. Harry was wise (esp for his PR) the older generation who are complaining about her is irrelevant. His popularity will rise because of the youth "vote" and minority "vote". He is playing the long game. Wills and Kate pander to the old generation (i.e.: Kates marmish outfitts). Wills popularity will never match his brothers now. White people power is going extinct and thats what Wills represents in todays culture.

by Anonymousreply 331March 6, 2019 11:53 AM

Yeah that’s what the royal family is all about, pandering to the youth culture of its day. *snort

by Anonymousreply 332March 6, 2019 11:55 AM

Haha that was the deep thinker who believes the BRF will never recover if Hazbean removes itself from the BRF. The problem is, he can ride the coffin following sorrow train only so far. Take your pot of money and go to your people Haz -- George Clooney and Jess Mulroney are waiting for you.

by Anonymousreply 333March 6, 2019 12:03 PM

R332 One word : Internet Another word: Social Media Times have radically changed. Society is different than say 1900s or even 2000!

by Anonymousreply 334March 6, 2019 12:05 PM

He even name dropped her in the same breath as MLK in his speech. "As my wife often reminds me with her favorite Martin Luther King quote, ...." WTF

Doesn't she write his speeches for him? If so, WTF again.

by Anonymousreply 335March 6, 2019 12:13 PM

Hello. I'm the 'Off Topic Troll'. I sometimes find it creepy that May 19th 2018- the date of Harry and Meghan's wedding - was also the date of the execution at The Tower Of London of King Henry VIII's discarded Queen, Anne Boleyn, on May 19th 1536

According to the Venetian ambassador to the Royal Court of Henry VII, Anne Boleyn was:

"..not one of the handsomest women in the world. She is of middling stature, black haired , with a swarthy complexion, long neck, wide mouth, bosom not much raised, and in fact has nothing but the King’s great appetite, and her eyes, which are black and beautiful – and take great effect on those who served the Queen when she was on the throne. She lives like a queen, and the King accompanies her to Mass – and everywhere.’

King Henry VIII ( called 'Harry' by his friends and intimates) was described as: "..the handsomest potentate I ever set eyes on; above the usual height, with an extremely fine calf to his leg, his complexion very fair and bright, with auburn hair combed straight and short, in the French fashion, his throat being rather long and thick. .."

And if you think DL or the Daily Mail comments section are rough on Meghan Markle, then check out what the 'Haterz' said about Anne Boleyn at the time:

"The concubine”, “the she-devil” and “the whore” – Ernest Chapuys, the Imperial Ambassador “The Goggle Eyed Whore” – Margaret Chanseler (quoted in Eric Ives’ “The Life and Death of Anne Boleyn”) “Common stewed whore” – the Abbot of Whitby “The scandal of Christendom” – Catherine of Aragon

I'm just saying. Now, as you were....

by Anonymousreply 336March 6, 2019 12:15 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 337March 6, 2019 12:17 PM

And of course, once she got up there, she couldn't go a minute or two without cradling her bump. Maybe it's an obsessive compulsive thing now.

by Anonymousreply 338March 6, 2019 12:29 PM

Harry compared Meghan to MLK, Jr.? I hope the palace didn't vet that speech. That's horrifying.

R337, Harry's probably happy to drag her on stage as his solo events don't get much press. What a terrible life to lead wherein you greatest concern is 'clicks'.

by Anonymousreply 339March 6, 2019 12:41 PM

R331, R334 - I agree.

by Anonymousreply 340March 6, 2019 12:45 PM

This smacks of “I’ll show YOU!”’after yesterday’s episode.

by Anonymousreply 341March 6, 2019 12:49 PM

R336 They would have been executed if they said anything else about Henry VIII or about Anne Boleyn after her fall from grace .

Kim Jong Un gets great reviews too.

[quote] I'd like to be a journalist so I can spread the greatness of the marshal Kim Jung un throughout the world

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 342March 6, 2019 12:49 PM

R307 - We didn't say the BBC and The Guardian were lying. We said that they used the word "reportedly". And "left to" suggests direction in a will. The terms of the Queen Mum's will were made public. She left everything to her daughter except for a few minor bequests. Not one single shred of paper outlining a gift to Harry of $10 million has ever been seen. It was a widely circulated story that was always carefully couned in "reportedly" terms.

And she "reportedly" left what she had split up between her grandchildren, not her great-grandchildren. And she was constantyly in debt - most of her estate went to pay off those debts.

Every time Harry's worth is quoted in a public forum, only the income from the Trust left him by Diana is mentioned. It was about $17 million when she died, and when he grew up and was able to claim it, it was worth about $30 million which is what it is today.

SHOW ME THE TERMS OF THE QUEEN MOTHER'S WILL ON THE ROYAL WEBSITE SHOWING SHE LEFT $10 million to Harry, whilst she left Eugenie, Beatrice, Sarah Chatto, Earl Snowden, and Viscount Severn and Lady Louise Windsor (Edward and his children) out in the cold.

by Anonymousreply 343March 6, 2019 12:52 PM

Checkmate. This seems like a deliberate show of force—us against them, after yesterday’s slap down.

by Anonymousreply 344March 6, 2019 12:53 PM

*carefully COUCHED in "reportedy" terms. With no backup, no docuentation, and no proof.

by Anonymousreply 345March 6, 2019 12:53 PM

I think this is the best I've seen M look. Kate's dress is hideous

The video is, as others have said, damning. No one even gives them a look except for Charles. I wonder who ordered the choreographing of it.

by Anonymousreply 346March 6, 2019 12:59 PM

R329 - Privately, there is no family "frenzy". Don't go all hyperbolic.

But in a public "entrance" like this, they are supposed to bow and curtsey. The Queen comes into the room in a formal entrance for an event with the cameras rolling passing Harry and Meghan lined up against the wall as she passes - they are supposed to curtsy. No one is going to send them to the Tower if they don't but your assumption that they already saw each other that day is specious. My own view is that Harry and Meghan are privately planning to exit the BRF at some point and are making their lines clear. And the family, I suspect, is ceasing to give a damn and can't wait for them to leave.

by Anonymousreply 347March 6, 2019 1:00 PM

Har and Meh are for "social change?" Are we talking about the people who take a private plane to a $500,000 pappy baby shower? This is their crap PR hoping nobody will notice..

by Anonymousreply 348March 6, 2019 1:03 PM

Or r324 and fellow twat r325, like a lot of wives, she just likes to hold her husband’s arms. You’re so used to being lonely and unloved by anyone, you have no idea about affection. Bitter old sissies.

by Anonymousreply 349March 6, 2019 1:05 PM

R339 - R344 - I agree with both of you. It's becoming increasingly clear that Harry and Meghan are going their own way. They'll get everything they can out of the royal game whilst they can, and then split themselves off. The performance onstage, which must have made Meghan piss herself with joy after being shoved aside yesterday and Harry lit up with the joy of revenge, was nothing short of disgusting.

I have to say, this is the most fascinating episodes in BRF family drama since the Diana and Charles Debacle. And how classic that it should be Harry.

R348 - LOL. I'll believe in their devotion to social change when they start refusing to take funds from the Sovereign Grant, beginning with returning to it the monies used to renovate their little cottage.

by Anonymousreply 350March 6, 2019 1:07 PM

R349 - I think I hear Kaiser over at CB calling you.

Go back to the Figure Skating thread.

by Anonymousreply 351March 6, 2019 1:08 PM

Like it or not, that was a very political speech. Lots of subtext. And yes, I totally agree she wrote it. These two really are out to mess with the monarchy. Yikes, strap in.

by Anonymousreply 352March 6, 2019 1:10 PM

“I have to say, this is the most fascinating episodes in BRF family drama since the Diana and Charles Debacle. And how classic that it should be Harry.”

My thought exactly. Diana’s revenge?

by Anonymousreply 353March 6, 2019 1:11 PM

R316 - No, this is the part where you acknowledge that every one of those stories said "reportedly" not "it has been confirmed by the Palace that" and that no shred of actual evidence has ever been produced, including in any discussions, including on the royal family website where they outline where each royal's money comes from, of such a trust. Only the trust from Diana is mentioned and the supplement from Charles revenues from the Duchy of Cornwall. No paper trail, no document, no nothing.

by Anonymousreply 354March 6, 2019 1:14 PM

Being another odd topic troll here, but I’ve never noticed until now just how well Harry is built. He looks good in everything he wears with those long legs and flat tummy.

by Anonymousreply 355March 6, 2019 1:16 PM

Will Harry still be as popular when he's bald? Serious question. He's going to look like Louis CK.

by Anonymousreply 356March 6, 2019 1:18 PM

R329 DL posters make up hard and fast royal rules as they go.

Re the curtsey. A decade ago Zara said

[quote] I curtsey to her every time I see her," the 12th in line to the throne and champion horsewoman told Majesty magazine

Clearly Zara doesn't actually do that or she would indeed be curtseying up a storm at Ascot every time she catches sight of HM.

All the royals don't curtsey when she leaves a public venue as is evident in the video from Christmas 2018 at Sandringham. The royals in the front row bowed or curtseyed and the ones behind them, including Zara, The York girls and Autumn Phillips, did not bow and curtsey.

Whatever the rules were, they appear subject to change and seem to have done so.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 357March 6, 2019 1:19 PM

As much as I cannot stand the way Harry and Meghan are acting, the HM and PC only have themselves to blame for coddling Harry his entire life. They should have never lumped him with William and Kate so many years ago. Now he believes he is on par with them. I could understand why he has resentment towards HM and PC given what went on with Diana. But what is his problem with his brother?

by Anonymousreply 358March 6, 2019 1:19 PM

R356, nope. At the rate he is going most of his hair will be gone in the next year or so. Unless he can pull off a bald head, he will enter into Prince Edward territory. Meghan has also aged considerably these past couple of years. She's already starting to get that mannish look some women get in middle age. She won't take after her mom (who looks excellent for her age) but instead will age like the Markle side of her family.

by Anonymousreply 359March 6, 2019 1:27 PM

R355 He looks diminutive compared to the swimmers but I like how the leading lines in the photo guide us to the protrusion below PH's belt.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 360March 6, 2019 1:28 PM

R351, what a cornball...

by Anonymousreply 361March 6, 2019 1:33 PM

If he leaves the RF, he--and she--will lose access to palaces, the private jets, meetings (photo ops) with world leaders, and free rent. She'll dump him even sooner. Wallis wanted to leave Edward but stayed with him because she knew how bad it would look after he had "given up everything for her" (even if he was actually pushed because of his Nazi sympathies). Meghan won't care how bad it will look when she dumps Harry for someone with more money, fame, and power.

It would be so cruel if she convinces him to leave the RF for her...just so that can become part of her brand story. (Imagine Oprah voiceover "A prince gave up everything to be with her..."). Later, after she dumps him for someone richer, he won't even be able to afford a lawyer on his own to work out any custody agreements. (You think she's going to obey the Queen's "rules" for royal grandchildren?) Don't do it, Harry.

by Anonymousreply 362March 6, 2019 1:34 PM

I'm an equal opportunity luster.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 363March 6, 2019 1:37 PM

Going by her past behavior, she won't even say goodbye, r362. This time I don't even think she will mail the rings back. He'll have to sue her to get them back.

I hope he does leave the RF. He deserves everything coming to him for bringing her into that family.

by Anonymousreply 364March 6, 2019 1:41 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 365March 6, 2019 1:41 PM

Harry’s goods.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 366March 6, 2019 1:45 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 367March 6, 2019 1:45 PM

R342 One of the haterz I quoted, Catherine of Aragon, was Henry VIII's discarded first wife. She was talkin' smack 'bout that second wife Boleyn way before Henry had Boleyn's head sliced off.... ( she probably said it in in Spanish though, to be fair..)

by Anonymousreply 368March 6, 2019 1:52 PM

R368 When one's nephew is the Holy Roman Emperor, one has more latitude to shit talk the pretender who called herself wife number 2.

But that will not save one from being banished.

Given my fluency in Spanish, English and French, it's incorrect to assume which language I used for bitchery.

by Anonymousreply 369March 6, 2019 2:07 PM

Kate went to Blackpool wearing something by Kors.

"Our Royal correspondent traveled to Blackpool to report on the visit, and revealed on Twitter that Kate and William would be undertaking "4 engagements (1 is embargoed) incl visit to the famous Tower, walkabout on promenade, visit the library and a local park that used to be a druggie hotspot."

So what does "embargoed" mean in this case?

by Anonymousreply 370March 6, 2019 2:10 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 371March 6, 2019 2:15 PM

I liked Kate's buttoned up simple dress at the ceremony. Understated and regal. No hole in her tights or dirty shoes two sizes too big, like Megs sported. Who wears a shiny cocktail dress and ill fitting coat topped by typical ratty hair to a ceremony with the Queen? Megs does, obviously. Kind of puts to rest the PR wish that she is anybody's "favorite."

by Anonymousreply 372March 6, 2019 2:21 PM

Give it up, Harry is not going anywhere. What on earth would he do for money, friends, housing, a job? He will be told, if he hasn't been already, to shape up and make sure his wife shapes up as well. If they don't, they will be sidelined and the only events at which you will see them will be a few public ones; no overseas trips. They will get to stay in Frog Holler, but that will be it. But because they both have titles, they will be prevented from taking part in various enterprises, such as MM returning to acting. So the only choice to be made is MM's, to stay or to leave.

by Anonymousreply 373March 6, 2019 2:29 PM

The Queen Mother’s will.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 374March 6, 2019 2:39 PM

R369 Lo siento, Su Majestad......

*Bows and adjusts codpiece to indicate deepest respect*

by Anonymousreply 375March 6, 2019 2:44 PM

R375 Your Queen is gracious to forgive.

by Anonymousreply 376March 6, 2019 3:06 PM

Kate is wearing a dress with a peacock patterning. Not-so-subtle messaging?

by Anonymousreply 377March 6, 2019 3:14 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 378March 6, 2019 3:28 PM

I like Kate's coat and peacock dress. She's a natural with children.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 379March 6, 2019 3:30 PM

Ah that explains everything. MeMe couldn't bare Kate & Wills to get media attention so rocked up to Harry's event . She needs to watch her back, everyone in that family exists to support the Monarch and the institution. If you're not supporting the institution, you're a problem.

by Anonymousreply 380March 6, 2019 3:33 PM

Harry in his speech goes, "Change your thoughts and you change the world." This is a famous quote by Norman Vincent Peale, the "Power of Positive Thinking" guy, whose self-help philosophies have been essentially repackaged in recent years as "The Secret" or "Law of Attraction," of which I believe Meghan has been a follower (hey, it worked for her!). In other words, she almost certainly wrote the speech.

by Anonymousreply 381March 6, 2019 3:33 PM

Are they at a royal function representing the Queen OR are they going to the mall for some retail therapy?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 382March 6, 2019 3:39 PM

Diana curtseying to the former King Juan Carlos of Spain.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 383March 6, 2019 3:43 PM

New event announced for the Harry and Meghan.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 384March 6, 2019 3:44 PM

Meghan's Motto: Letting It All Hang Out!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 385March 6, 2019 3:45 PM

That onstage performance was the Nickelodeon Kids' Choice Award. I half expected them to get slimed.

by Anonymousreply 386March 6, 2019 3:46 PM

It rained in Blackpool. Kate needs to borrow one of the Queen's see-through umbrellas (a green brimmed one would do nicely).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 387March 6, 2019 3:47 PM

Ok, which one of you DL bitches posted this on Instagram? LOL.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 388March 6, 2019 3:48 PM

Kate's easy rapport with the Blackpool crowd.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 389March 6, 2019 3:50 PM

Gorgeous outfit.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 390March 6, 2019 3:51 PM

An unusual shot of the Cambridges.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 391March 6, 2019 3:53 PM

The peacock dress.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 392March 6, 2019 3:56 PM

Love that peacock dress. It’s a very 70s vibe, very chic.

by Anonymousreply 393March 6, 2019 4:00 PM

Is the BRF trying to make bird fashion vogue this year? Megghead with the blk white bird dress and now Waity Katy with her peacock?

by Anonymousreply 394March 6, 2019 4:01 PM

Kate could definately play as Karen Carpenter in a movie.

by Anonymousreply 395March 6, 2019 4:03 PM

Found this photo on my travels - Lady Sarah curtseying to the late Queen Mum.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 396March 6, 2019 4:06 PM

It's interesting watching MM cycle through the narc phases. At the beginning of their relationship she was clingy and playing the damsel in distress role. Then for a while it seemed as though she 'discarded' Harry. She walked in front of him unaided and basically ignored him at events. Now, with the recent criticism regarding her baby shower and the obvious snub by the BRF at the event yesterday, she is back to the clingy damsel in distress role. The rages she must go into when they are in private. Anyone who has dealt with one of these types knows exactly what's going on behind closed doors.

by Anonymousreply 397March 6, 2019 4:30 PM

They looked very loved up.....can you even have sex whilst that pregnant? She must be verrrrry good in the sack!

by Anonymousreply 398March 6, 2019 4:35 PM

A prominent narc phase we'll be hearing about any day now -- how she SAVED him from his demons.

by Anonymousreply 399March 6, 2019 4:36 PM

The colour of that peacock vest looks wonderful on Kate. She looks so much better in deep/saturated tones.

As of H and M, I don't think the whole 'get Harry to leave the RF then PROFIT' scheme is either her ambition or a thing that would happen. If anything i think what's going on right now is the RF holding back, giving her yet more space and room to 'settle in' etc. They're obviously being pushed as the youth-friendly, 'cool' (lol) reps of the RF - you can see it in the engagements they're being given. Not that ANYONE should mistake this for power. As people keep rightly pointing out in these comments, the Rf cares about one thing and one thing only: the continuation of the RF. It's not in H or M's interests consciously step outside that role.

That said, the independent PR operation that started with the People story and then the baby shower etc., I bet that has got the grey men (and seniors royals) on pretty high alert. She went straight rogue there and I highly doubt it went unnoticed, even if it isn't the RF's way to do anything in your face-y and public in response. Not this soon after anyway, when it would be much more difficult to play off as somehow not a retaliatory response.

Even the speech Harry gave today (?) - that social media friendly, faux-woke pablum is something I have no problem believing the palace is supportive of. Again, they only give a shit about continuing to exist. If that means pandering to the times, you best believe they're going to go there.

And underneath all the analysis and counteranalysis, Meghan remains who she is. An uber-parched attention vacuum more in love with how Harry makes her look than Harry himself. It will be very interesting to see how that marriage goes, once the honeymoon stage of it is past.

by Anonymousreply 400March 6, 2019 4:36 PM

I said GODDAMN! that’s a bad wig!

With her wigs, unwashed hair, orange bronzer, and tight clothes always creeping into some crevice or another, Meghan just looks like she smells bad.

by Anonymousreply 401March 6, 2019 4:38 PM

peacock DRESS i mean

by Anonymousreply 402March 6, 2019 4:38 PM

Getting down to the children's level means that tall William is almost sitting on the pavement.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 403March 6, 2019 4:39 PM

I heard that Harrry asked the Queen Mum to leave hiis dowry money to Senbale but the BBC is too afraid to report the truth.

by Anonymousreply 404March 6, 2019 4:40 PM

Looked is the keyword . Its all too much . The cradling and holding hands . All so everybody thinks they are so in love . She must have go bonkers yesterday when she was snubbed and put in her place by the RF . So Harry had to redeem her on stage at the WE event . So the spotlight was on her and not on the others .

by Anonymousreply 405March 6, 2019 4:40 PM

I would love to be a fly on the,wall after that royal afternoon .

by Anonymousreply 406March 6, 2019 4:43 PM

Oh I totally believe H and M are having a lot of very hot sex and have been since the beginning. In a weird way i think that might actually become part of the problem, eventually. The relationship has been established on very psychodramatic, passion-led foundations. They never got past that phase into the 'OK, so are we actually good and healthy together or do we just love fucking each other a lot?' phase. As said, it'll be interesting. If it goes wrong I think it has the potential to go spectacularly, gossip-juicily wrong.

Someone upthread mentioned builds - both Harry and William are built very well (almost all thanks to Diana). English aristocrats seem to go one of two ways - tall, well-built, broad-shouldered, 'rangy,' vs short , slightly stunted looking and totally lacking chins. The latter type is often either pudgy and red-faced or extremely bird-like and fragile in build.

by Anonymousreply 407March 6, 2019 4:45 PM

If shes actually pregnant, this far along, is penatration a no no? If so, im sure theres a lot of oral sucking and slurping heard behind closed doors..along with hand jobs

by Anonymousreply 408March 6, 2019 4:51 PM

In the video yesterday Harry seemed to question that the courtiers was holding him back with his hand gestures. He did not look happy. Today shows me that Harry is in line with Meg and they are both a problem. You get the feeling they think they are the only ones really in tune with the real world and the younger generation. Who will never have to worry about which of the Queens tiaras they can use.

by Anonymousreply 409March 6, 2019 4:53 PM

The RF are going about this with their usual head in the sand approach and it will cost them dearly just like it did with Diana

by Anonymousreply 410March 6, 2019 4:53 PM

Princess Charlotte resembles her father William.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 411March 6, 2019 4:56 PM

I was about to return to my repose when I was assaulted by the image at R391. Had anyone produced such a rendering of my visage, my husband would have dealt with them accordingly.

I assume my namesake will ensure this slight does not go unpunished.

by Anonymousreply 412March 6, 2019 4:57 PM

She's busting out all over.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 413March 6, 2019 4:59 PM

R410 no, the BRF really don't have their head in the sand. They know what these two are up to every microsecond of the day. Don't know what you mean by "cost them dearly" -- sounds ooooominous.

by Anonymousreply 414March 6, 2019 5:07 PM

R331 - There is no "long game" for Harry and Meghan. The only game he's playing is See How Much More Relevant Meghan and I Are! and he can play that till Domesday. The only long game that matters goes to William and Kate and their kids - it's birth order and nothing else, including popularity polls, that matter.

His mother tried the same thing. She ended up divorced when she didn't want to be, losing her title, and getting involved with men she'd never have looked at before. If the BRF was willing to kick her out, they won't hesitate to kick him and Meghan out.

If Harry wants to be pushed into a PR Popularity War by his wife with his future Sovereign, he's welcome to. All he'll get for it is eventual marginalisation, loss of family, and he'll still end up being pushed down the line of succession whilst his much richer brother and his wife and descendants move up.

by Anonymousreply 415March 6, 2019 5:30 PM

Diana didn't want to be divorced? What did she think was going to happen when she and her friends contributed to Andrew Morton's book and then she gave the Bashir interview? Surely she didn't expect him to ever think of her romantically after all those machinations? Was she hoping for a legal separation, wherein she would still be the Queen once Charles became King? How awkward would that have been at family meetings and events?

by Anonymousreply 416March 6, 2019 5:38 PM

Diana wasn't the brightest bulb, let's be real. She was at height of public sympathy and got greedy of power when she did that interview. She really wanted to twist the knife into PC just a little further. She didn't think things through, divorce wasn't on her radar at least not realistically.

by Anonymousreply 417March 6, 2019 5:41 PM

R416, It was the Queen who wrote to Charles and Diana to request that they divorce, after the last round of bad publicity. I don't see that she had much choice, at that point.

by Anonymousreply 418March 6, 2019 5:41 PM

R416 - Exactly. She really thought in that Alternate Universe her imagination dwelt in that the Morton book would reduce the BRF to jelly, get rid of Camilla, and bring Charles crawling back to her. Once it broke, she realised her mistake - she may have gotten all the public sympathy in the world, but the Queen had had it, called them both in, and said, "Divorce, now."

In the famous Martin Bashir interview she reiterated that she hadn't wanted a divorce, because, "What about the children?"

It was classic NPD short-sighted cunning but failure to grasp or see long-term outcomes. In other words, exactly the way Meghan Markle plays the game now.

by Anonymousreply 419March 6, 2019 5:41 PM

How was Harry snubbed yesterday? I’ve seen videos but I don’t see it. What did I miss?

by Anonymousreply 420March 6, 2019 5:44 PM

Some of you have selective memories - Charles was an ass and he also did his own interview and admitted his adultery. Both Diana and Charles were at fault - in their own special ways. Charles was brought up in the Royal Family and he should NEVER had lowered himself to Diana's tabloid level.

by Anonymousreply 421March 6, 2019 5:49 PM

R412 you had ONE JOB

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 422March 6, 2019 5:50 PM

Yes, I never did understand how Diana thought divorce wasn't a given after what she did.

by Anonymousreply 423March 6, 2019 5:51 PM

Meghan really looks like a hippie on that stage. Just a 180 from yesterday and everything "royal."

by Anonymousreply 424March 6, 2019 5:52 PM

With her behavior, it was almost like she was forcing the Queen to order them to divorce. At least she got to say her piece in the book and the interview before the divorce settlement forced her into a NDA.

by Anonymousreply 425March 6, 2019 5:53 PM

R404 you heard wrong, if you heard that at all and didn’t just pull that factoid out of your arse.

Senatebale was founded in 2006. The Queen Mother died in 2002.

by Anonymousreply 426March 6, 2019 5:56 PM

Looking wan without all of her trademark warpaint on.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 427March 6, 2019 6:00 PM

I hate when Sparkle makes that tard face with her eyebrows scrunched up.

by Anonymousreply 428March 6, 2019 6:11 PM

Black and blue, huh?

Is there no fashion rule Sparkle will obey?!

by Anonymousreply 429March 6, 2019 6:13 PM

r429, She's copying her hero - Diana, again. Which I find really creepy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 430March 6, 2019 6:27 PM

R415 I agree with R331. H&M popularity will "progressively" (and all that word means) outshine W&K. The old days are over. All that matters today is who is more cool, culturally sensitive and relatable for the new generation coming up. IMO I think Wills reign would be more sustainable if he and Harry work together. William will need HArry and Meghans social media and PR cool factor to relate to the next generation. Esp for George's reign.

by Anonymousreply 431March 6, 2019 6:51 PM

R305 This one’s one for you

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 432March 6, 2019 7:08 PM

R305 Im getting a url signature mismatch alert. Cant see the video?

by Anonymousreply 433March 6, 2019 7:15 PM

I meant R432

by Anonymousreply 434March 6, 2019 7:15 PM

R421 - No one has selective memories and no one is defending Charles. What Charles did have, though, was the succession and the BRF in his column. No matter how much of an ass he was, he was still Next In Line, and as some of us keep pointing out, that's all that matters in the end. Diana had an inflated view of how much her "popularity" was worth to the family, the UK public for all its protestations of grief wasn't going to head to Buck House and demand Charles' head and that Parliament change the Order of Succession.

Meghan and Harry are playing the same stupid game. She can lap up all the stage time she wants, Harry can keep sticking two fingers up to the institution and his brother . . . one day, his brother will be King, Kate will be Queen, Prince George will become Prince of Wales, they'll be rich as Croesus, whilst Harry and Meghan and their kids turn into a small footnote in the BRF's history.

Meghan has been a hideous influence on Harry - she's egging him on to think his petulant fuck yous will do him some good down the line. They won't - any more than Diana's did.

by Anonymousreply 435March 6, 2019 7:17 PM

R433 Dang it, it’s been giving me problems all day. Try searching Harry and Meghan meet King Mohammed VI in Morocco on youtube. The Daily Mail has a video up. Watch towards the end.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 436March 6, 2019 7:18 PM

Why are they walking out before the crown prince? Isn’t that a protocol breach?

And then of course Megs wants to gladhand first.

If I were her, I’d be relieved to fade into the background until I got my sea legs.

Maybe she is trying to “manage” Harry? Maybe even with good reason. Problem is, it’s not protocol.

by Anonymousreply 437March 6, 2019 7:20 PM

I never thought of it that way, but R331 is right. All the objections to MM are from people who are either old or conservative. Whatever else the Cambridges may be, cool they are not. William's dad dancing in Verbier put paid to that for good and all. The things we deplore about MM - the excessive spending, the red carpet posturing, the ignoring of protocol, the no fucks given attitude, the sloppy grooming, the lack of respect - these are things that the young and disenfranchised would indeed find cool. HOWEVER - cool does not equal privileged, rich or high-status. The Cambridges own that domain.

by Anonymousreply 438March 6, 2019 7:22 PM

We does kind “huff” into the car.

by Anonymousreply 439March 6, 2019 7:22 PM

She does kinda “huff” into the car.

by Anonymousreply 440March 6, 2019 7:23 PM

Haz and Bean's, "PR cool." Oh my sides! Placement in People magazine and Vanity Fair is the antithesis of cool. Who told you that, their crap PR? They are two middle-aged creepers who were never authentic or interesting. They are a train wreck Kardashian style, let's be clear.

by Anonymousreply 441March 6, 2019 7:31 PM

R331 and R431 are on spot.

Slow clap. People who disagrees with their assessment are equal to a Trumptard in mentality.

William better get on board. His brother will mean more to the younger global public. Harry made a smart move.

by Anonymousreply 442March 6, 2019 7:32 PM

R442 - Meghan Troll #3,532.

by Anonymousreply 443March 6, 2019 7:36 PM

In English please, R442.

by Anonymousreply 444March 6, 2019 7:41 PM

R441 - They do look cheaper by the day, don't they? Anonymous "friends" talking about Meghan's close relationship with God in PEOPLE, made up leaks no one believes to VF and the Telegraph, a $500,000 baby shower in Manhattan the week 3,500 workers find out Honda is closing the plant in Swindon - cheap easy platitudes and appearances like the kid-audience one with the hilarious "drag my wife onstage" as if Meghan wasn't panting impatiently in the wings, a few mentions of MLK - and the British taxpayer shelling out millions to renovate their new home.

You couldn't make it up.

by Anonymousreply 445March 6, 2019 7:47 PM

R442 she’s pushing 40. How young do you think they appeal to?

The fact is most younger people don’t give a rat’s fuck about them, ANY of them. Ultimately they will be as relevant as the Duke of Gloucester. Anyone under 40 will have no clue who that is unless they’re an avid royalty follower.

Harry is the also-ran, he loses relevance every day and his importance fades into the distance with every moment.

by Anonymousreply 446March 6, 2019 7:50 PM

R446 - Hear hear. The irony is, if he'd married the cheerful adoring Chelsy Davy, he'd be in much better position now.

by Anonymousreply 447March 6, 2019 7:55 PM

This video was posted on another forum. Sugars are gunning for the youtuber in the comments. Shallon Lester is an editor of a celebrity magazine and also live in NY discusses how hard or easy it is to be noticed. She gives relationship advice based on the Harkles. Highlights how her feelings for them changed and the things in their relationship that bothered her e.g. "MM was so excited to be interviewed and so excited for the attention during the engagement interview. Not really excited about Harry and was talking over him. Compared to the Cambridges it seemed theatrical." The vid is 25 minutes but it's a good watch.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 448March 6, 2019 8:00 PM

Just looking again at the video from the Investiture ceremony yesterday. The aides were really trying to Harry and Meghan to leave the room as quickly as possible, and Harry and Meghan drug their feet. The exited so slowly that they had to stop in order to let the senior royals pass before them.

I do not envy the BRF having to deal with those two. However, I do wish I had a couple of aides to do my bidding at family get togethers to corral wayward family members. How fun would it be to have a couple of aides to run over and direct your drunk Trumptard of an uncle into the next room and away from you?

by Anonymousreply 449March 6, 2019 8:33 PM

H and M think they are cooler but it will make no difference in the end. Whoever said Will needs Harry to rule is crazy. The whole role is just ceremonial clap trap. That is like saying HM needed Margaret because she was prettier, cooler, and appealed more to young people. I am sure there were people back then that thought Margaret would make a "prettier" queen. But the one in line to the throne is the one that has to take it more seriously, like Will. His grandmother has always dressed conservatively, her hairstyle was old before it's time. I don't think we should be fooled that when she dies the Brits want celebrity seekers like H and M. Most of the young people in GB probably find the whole monarchy and having to pay for it disgusting. Most young brides can't afford a half million dollar bridal shower and the standard of living is lower in GB than the US.

by Anonymousreply 450March 6, 2019 8:51 PM

I love how people are.adamant on comparing yesterdays monarchy with todays radically different social climate and the monarchy now. No one except for people 40 and older care about or even want a "stick up your ass kind of monarchy". Truth is that population is aging out. If the monarchy is to survive and get the youth on board with this OTT pomp and circumstance..there better be scandal, flash and drama. That is what will make the new generation (who have the population numbers) stand up and take notice of this aging out institution.

by Anonymousreply 451March 6, 2019 9:04 PM

R451 Nobody wants Kate Middleton to be Kris Jenner

by Anonymousreply 452March 6, 2019 9:08 PM

I just watched the WE video, where Harry pulls Meghan onstage. In my eyes it looked like she wasn't thrilled to be pulled up. She's not really wearing any makeup, certainly not stage makeup, her hair looks like shit (more than usual), and she doesn't look happy and covers it up by "snuggling" in to him to cover herself. That's my two cents anyway!

by Anonymousreply 453March 6, 2019 9:45 PM

R451 you seem to be confusing a thousand year old constitutional monarchy with Dancing With The Stars.

by Anonymousreply 454March 6, 2019 10:11 PM

HazBean are a flash in the pan. Most who are older have seen these exact games played by familiar characters with it eventually leading to naught, and the youngers always think these pr stunts are so innovative and guaranteed to carry the day. It's all Sussex smoke and mirrors, insubstantive. Inevitably these two famewhores will peter out and fade into obscurity; and 10 years hence they will have dwindled into little more than footnotes of scorn. Their destiny is a sad little beach on Mustique.

by Anonymousreply 455March 6, 2019 10:30 PM

No one wants the monarchy to be edgy, cutting edge, or "modernized". The very reason it exists is to preserve tradition and therefore a feeling of stability.

Imagine if the birth orders had been changed over the past few generations. Imagine if Margaret had been born before Elizabeth. If Andrew had been born before Charles. If Harry had been born before William. Had those three individuals been the oldest child among their siblings, they probably would have been raised with a stronger sense of responsibility. But they would have still had their personality flaws. The monarchy has been able to maintain a stiff upper lip through a queen and the direct heirs who can remain calm and stoic. Is it because of nurture or nature (pure luck)?

by Anonymousreply 456March 6, 2019 10:36 PM

For sure his marriage has showed both how competitive and resentful Harry is and how hopelessly stupid/incompetent/incapable of competing in a meaningful way. It comes down to status and attention for him. I mean come on, this guy thinks Markle is SMART. What does it take, really, to fool him? He's a Dunning-Kruger poster child. He is directly competing with his brother now, dragging his wife onto the stage on the day Catherine and Will are killing it in Blackpool, reading Meghan's word salad instead of a speech. Those were a bunch of banana bromides bullet pointed on a sheet of paper and Harry thinks it's articulate and impressive. The display yesterday, with those two security/guards/aids whatevers rushing in to cut off Meghan and Harry from where the other royals were perusing the table was amazing. Setting aside that the day's events looked so deathly boring it could bore people literally to death, they were frozen out. Meghan tried to start up a convo with PC that would "naturally" carry her into the room ahead of Harry, Will, Catherine and Camilla, but I think PC explicitly told them to stay put (I also LOVED Harry's gesture that his father proceed ahead, good GOD that is condescending and straight out of Meghan's playbook. Probably zoomed over PC's head - would never occur to him). Then there are the pics of a posture-perfect Princess Anne chatting with Harry while Meghan stood almost spread eagled, foursquare to the camera, grinning away and leaning slightly towards PA, hoping to create the impression they were chatty pals.

by Anonymousreply 457March 7, 2019 12:15 AM

Young people in the UK couldn’t give a flying fuck about any of the royals (including Harry) and certainly don’t regard them as “cool”.

The Twitter & IG hysterics are overwhelmingly American. And the BRF really don’t give that much of a fuck what America thinks.

Meghan is “popular” with Mumsnet types...middle-Englanders who virtue signal their tits off to each other all day long in an effort to prove they’re not racists. That’s about it.

And whether people like to admit it or not.....the Daily Mail is massively influential and, in terms of comments, is far more of a barometer than many realise. Brexit was completely predictable by reading what commentors on the DM were saying.

So, getting 8k of comments and 99% of the negative is quite terrible.

Meghan and Harry have another year of honeymoon with the public before they start to feel the results of their unpopularity.

by Anonymousreply 458March 7, 2019 12:16 AM

But let's suppose people WANT the monarchy to be edgy and modernized. Apart from her primary credential - being biracial - how does Markle modernize it? As for edgy, the girl is a Kardashian wannabe and as thirsty and basic as it gets.

While I rag on her, I think she's pretty. I even think the fuller face - injections or baby - can look good. The days when the cheekbones protruded like over-rouged implants and her mouth obtained a rubbery "Madame" sort of appearance seem to have disappeared. HOWEVER, today she looked weird. Not only was the hair terrible, but her eyes looked squinty a la bad facelifts. Since she couldn't have had a bad facelift between yesterday and today, I'll just put it down to not the greatest make-up.

by Anonymousreply 459March 7, 2019 12:21 AM

I was so excited Kate wore boots today I didn't know what to do with myself. While I think her style suits her, the whole insistence on plain pumps thing (no matter how expensive) doesn't work for me. Often her clothes require something less sleek, a little funkier, or they require boots. That said, I read some comments today from "Fans" of hers. As silly as it sounds, she has a lot of fans these days because her clothing style is so conservative. There's not a lot of role models around for younger women who for religious or other reasons dress modestly. I think the long hair helps because that often goes with.

by Anonymousreply 460March 7, 2019 12:27 AM

Perhaps The Duchess of Sussex should have held out to be PH's mistress rather than his wife.

by Anonymousreply 461March 7, 2019 12:30 AM

I have lost all respect I may have had left for Harry following today’s ridiculous speech.

He opens his mouth and her stupid voice comes out.

What a profoundly pathetic man he is.

by Anonymousreply 462March 7, 2019 12:32 AM

In the wealth of idiocy that this thread, and in particular the Duchess of Success, yields to the world, I have never seen stupid like R451. Wow. Do you even understand the basis upon which respect is earned and place maintained? Or do you just live in world where eventually everything gets cancelled?

by Anonymousreply 463March 7, 2019 12:34 AM

R431 Ah, but there is a wild card, and that is Harry and Meghan and their relationship. They both have deep-seated issues with family and identity, and are probably volatile together. My guess, she'll get more and more intoxicated with her fame, while he grows disillusioned.

by Anonymousreply 464March 7, 2019 12:56 AM

R451 - Oh ffs, there's always been scandal flash and drama in the monarchy. Henry VIII ring a bell? Richard III? The Abdication? Princess Margaret and the Mustique crows? What do you think, your generation invented colourful royals?

The fact is, young generations get older and the monarchy continues to enjoy stubbornly high ratings. Young people don't stay young forver, and so far, the monarchy as embodied by the Queen, continues to survive.

Yeah, Harry's and Meghan's cheap flash show will go on - as long as it's not the First Tier show. They'll be the Fergie and Andy of this generatin and no one will care too much as long as the Williams and Kates keep the top places.

Meghan Markle is making a fool of Prince Harry. And she'll make an even bigger fool of him down the road. She nearly fucking forty, for Christ's sake. They can go on doing their dance for awhile and eventually they'll get older, too, and people will get tired of it - especially as the attractive Cambridge kids step into the arena.

The long game still goes to the Cambridges, and Meghan Markle is just making the most of it before the day William and Kate kick her and Harry to the side for good.

by Anonymousreply 465March 7, 2019 12:58 AM

Some here used to froth at the mouth over this middling ginger who coasted on losing his charismatic mother at such a young age. Heard the usual whisperings he was a bit thick in the head (to put it mildly). Now he has become a clown, a simpering buffoon on full display--and in his fucking mid thirties. How pathetic did he and his wife look in front of the cameras at the 2 min mark? A couple of low rent gate crashers who are no longer "on brand" to the regiis inner sanctum. A British equivalent of Tareq and Michaele Salahi. Or for a more up-to-date cultural reference for the Insta set, they have become the uncouth, off-script, trashy Markles to the rest of the sublime and regal Windsors.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 466March 7, 2019 1:00 AM

R436 Ugh, look at the reverence and fuss over these two clowns.

by Anonymousreply 467March 7, 2019 1:06 AM

I think the video at R448 has the basics right and is probably how MM got not just Harry, but her previous relationships. However, I don't think Harry is in love. He looked like he was going to upchuck during half of his wedding. I think he wants money. I think he believes she is savvier about media and marketing, and monetizing than he is. That's where he's blowing it. He got married, he wanted to move to the next step, she was willing, and I really don't think he was looking for love, because that's not his problem. His problem is his poisonous resentment and brattiness. I recall reading from a PR firm that was interviewed by Meghan after the engagement that she saw herself as appealing to young people. That's a lot of hubris from a 37 year old. But listening to this woman in the video talk, it makes sense as a pitch Meghan may have sold Harry. I don't give a fuck about the royal family. I only care about YOU. The "People" (young people) don't give a fuck about the royal family - you're the best fucking thing that ever happened to it! So her gauchery, protocol flouting and attention seeking she's sold to him as appealing to their supposed "young market". He's the people's king! I think he fell for the pitch, not for her. While I think there's a weirdness on a personal level between them, I believe he buys into what she's selling - he thinks it will work. At times it might be embarrassing, but I think overall he's on board.

I was reading about deals with photo agencies and sponsors - for example at polo, that's what the kiss on the lips was about. Here's your picture. That could explain her belly cupping (as Gary Janetti had Prince George say - that kid will be born with a palm print on its forehead). And it could explain the various grotesqueries on their Fiji//Australia/Tonga, et al. tour. Here's the pic. We're the product.

Really at the end of the day, what he said about George and Charlotte sums this all up. He had only ten years til they extinguish his spotlight. With an implied "Unless", IMO. He's the opposite of what he's pretended to be.

by Anonymousreply 468March 7, 2019 1:22 AM

R465 and Queen Victoria's son (or grandson") Edward whathisname. Lili Langtry as a mistress, along with various actress.

There has always been scandals and flash. In fact, outside of the queen herself, her family has been almost nothing but.

by Anonymousreply 469March 7, 2019 1:24 AM

I don't believe Tiaragate ever happened that way at all. If Eugenie had already chosen or was promised the emerald tiara, it would not have even been part of the conversation. I believe the story is a figment of the imagination of Drunk Fergie. She's a known shit stirrer, but even more important, she has been in the habit of feeding gossip to the tabloids whether it's true or not.

Eugenie is a favorite of the Queen. She & Beatrice are very close to the Queen. She likes them. She hardly knew Meghan. The irony in all this is that Eugenie and Harry and Meghan are friends. Harry and the two sisters have been close for years. Eugenie even discussed her wedding plans with the couple and asked for suggestions. It's a clever bit of fiction to assume or to sow discord within the family and blame all on the American divorcee , but I'm not buying it for a minute.

I do believe Harry was nervous and that Meghan was stressed about her family drama. I believe that Harry may have got out of line, been rude overbearing, temperamental, and had to be sat down by The Queen and told to chill, but I think it's all much ado about nothing. Harry has been defensive and combative and tense, over protective of Meghan ever since they got serious. He imagines slights when there are none.

by Anonymousreply 470March 7, 2019 1:35 AM

Oh fuck off R470, the story was long confirmed. Your tired regurgitation is ancient pr shit. Keep up with the program, or do like I said already and fuck off.

by Anonymousreply 471March 7, 2019 1:46 AM

R470 Who invited you Kaiser? Go back to Celebitchy with your “I Believe” and “I don’t Believe” drivel. Your paid regurgitated pablum stands out here like a sore thumb! Your only talent is as a paid pr shrill. Sellout.

by Anonymousreply 472March 7, 2019 1:50 AM

R470 You are plainly a fantasist - how do you know that Princess Eugenie consulted the Harkles for advice about her wedding? We’re you there? Did they tell you? How do you know?

by Anonymousreply 473March 7, 2019 2:13 AM

“Eugenie and Harry and Meghan are friends”

Says who?

I’m with the others. Fuck off R470

by Anonymousreply 474March 7, 2019 2:35 AM

This is bad for Harry on so many levels... It’s obvious from the party at the Palace that Charles and William are not enthralled by HazBean. Given that the Yorks are out to destroy Bean for her shenanigans at Eugenie’s wedding, HazBean really needed Charles and William to have their back

by Anonymousreply 475March 7, 2019 3:20 AM

The Yorkies probably don’t give a fuck. (Andrew is another matter.)

William is the bigger problem. He seems 100% sick of the trash show that is HazBean.

Again: I don’t understand how someone cavorts around in a plastic wig and with skin tight clothes outlining their entire anatomy, all while pawing at their spouse in absolute desperation and thinks they deserve to be royalty.

Sparkle seems completely unhinged. Harry seems painfully, PAINFULLY stupid.

Like off the charts stupid.

by Anonymousreply 476March 7, 2019 3:32 AM

[quote]William will need HArry and Meghans social media and PR cool factor to relate to the next generation. Esp for George's reign.

William will need George, Charlotte and Louis' social medial and PR cool factor to relate to the next generation. There fixed it for you.

Haz & Megs 'cool' factor will be naught with the next generation. The next generation will not be interested in a middle-aged dim floater royal and his attention-desperate, botoxed aging spendthrift wife. For crying out loud.

by Anonymousreply 477March 7, 2019 3:41 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 478March 7, 2019 3:57 AM

It’s hard to know whom to root for.

Wills is a huge dick with no social graces.

Harry and his hoor are just trash.

What to do?

by Anonymousreply 479March 7, 2019 4:18 AM

Huge dick ftw - every time.

by Anonymousreply 480March 7, 2019 4:24 AM

R452. Not yet,. Though it startscwith a gender fluid child...

by Anonymousreply 481March 7, 2019 4:27 AM

Damn R479, you made that too easy.

Smooches to R480.

by Anonymousreply 482March 7, 2019 4:27 AM

A question we haven’t yet addressed;

Who released the video from the botched “grand entrance”... and why?

by Anonymousreply 483March 7, 2019 4:50 AM

William might be a dick, but he is not without cause. HazBean are letting the side down in a big way. It's not as if they don't know the drill or the rules are hard to follow. Put yourself in William's place. Imagine you're the 3iC in an old family business that is not 100% secure, and against your warning, your dopey, difficult younger brother marries a trashy, mouthy, scandal-ridden divorcee whom you suspect is using him and the family to get ahead. The nature of the family business demands that she be part of it and sure enough, she fucks it up. Wouldn't you be pissed?

by Anonymousreply 484March 7, 2019 5:31 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 485March 7, 2019 5:59 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 486March 7, 2019 6:05 AM

R486

Im so sure they authentically cared.

by Anonymousreply 487March 7, 2019 6:39 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 488March 7, 2019 7:16 AM

Yeah, sure R488. But no paparazzi saw them? No neighbors took a pic? Riiiiiiight.

if anything that would make her baby shower look worse. See she CAN travel discreetly

by Anonymousreply 489March 7, 2019 7:28 AM

R489, I felt the same way. Especially, in LA, there are always paparazzi staking out the airport. I wouldn't believe it without some incontrovertible proof.

by Anonymousreply 490March 7, 2019 7:38 AM

Apparently Wills and Kate arrived at the Blackpool slum by helicopter.

by Anonymousreply 491March 7, 2019 7:38 AM

Kate was beautiful with her peacock dress n and black boots . So much better than yesterday !

by Anonymousreply 492March 7, 2019 8:26 AM

I just read somewhere that Prince Harry is in Berlin Germany today . What is he doing there . Some say its for hunting with a guy who lives there .

by Anonymousreply 493March 7, 2019 8:40 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 494March 7, 2019 9:01 AM

Thanks R494 !

by Anonymousreply 495March 7, 2019 9:06 AM

I also think the two idiots will go their own way at some point. The whole thing between them is business. They're building a brand (I fucking shudder to think), and that brand has nothing to do with "love". They'll be off doing their own thing as soon as they possibly can.

by Anonymousreply 496March 7, 2019 9:07 AM

Be sure money is gonna be paid when the baby is born surrogate or real from the magazines . She will use this kid as a prop to make more money . It will be with them all the time. Cause she nows once the baby is there all eyes are gonna be on her baby and not on her .

by Anonymousreply 497March 7, 2019 9:33 AM

What brand could Harry be trying to build, R496? What identity could have have apart from 6th in line to the British throne?

by Anonymousreply 498March 7, 2019 9:42 AM

She's on board with his one overwhelming desire: to stick it to his family. He's not close to any of them anymore (or so it would appear) because he and Smeg are Team Furf now: Fuck You Royal Family. She drove a huge, ugly wedge between William and Harry - how many of us thought THAT would ever happen??

by Anonymousreply 499March 7, 2019 9:43 AM

Well, I'm going to add a bit of skepticism to some of the speculation. In my experience, finances are a driving force behind many decisions in most peoples' lives. Currently, Harry and Meghan are receiving support from the British taxpayer, so whatever they think of the other royals, there are still things they can depend on being provided for them (housing, a clothing budget, travel and lodging expenses for their travels on behalf of the BRF). If they were to ditch the BRF, would they both end up having to find employment? Harry has money, but not (comparatively) that much money, considering the life to which they're accustomed to living.

by Anonymousreply 500March 7, 2019 9:55 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 501March 7, 2019 10:14 AM

I like Wills. He is a tough stud who isn't taken in by MeMe batting her fake eyelashes and flicking her wig, and is not actively undermining his employer, like a certain idiot brother. Shoo, go away Harkles, to Frogmore Palace, and spend your addled energy on "cool" PR in Harpers Bazaar and Elle lol.

by Anonymousreply 502March 7, 2019 10:21 AM

I like him, too, R502. He registers terseness, displeasure and exasperation whenever the Duchess of Dookie is within a 12 mile radius. He so clearly loathes her. Alienating him was a huge mistake on her part, IMO.

by Anonymousreply 503March 7, 2019 10:25 AM

Just to add some non Harry and Meghan discussion into the thread does anyone know if the Queens beloved cousin Princess Alexandra gets along with her two rather different sisters in law - The Duchess of Kent and Princess Michael of Kent? I'm intrigued to know what those relationships between the three royal ladies are like!

by Anonymousreply 504March 7, 2019 10:40 AM

I don’t think either of them have any intention of leaving the BRF. They just think their “Brand Sussex” can bring them the public adulation they’ve decided they’re entitled to. That really is all this shallow, vacuous pair care about.

I don’t think Markle drove a wedge between Harry & William - it was already there. She’s just the straw that broke the donkey’s back.

I know a nanny who works in central London for a very, very rich (but not famous) family. She told me that William threatened to have Harry thrown out of KP a few years ago because he kept showing up drunk in front of the children.

I think people underestimate just how much power William actually has as a direct heir - and it’s that that Harry can’t cope with, imo.

by Anonymousreply 505March 7, 2019 10:42 AM

Interesting, R505. So Harry has been a complete fuck-up for quite awhile and William is pissed at him because of it. Another reason H&M want to go rogue: William. Oh, they'll do it alright. It'll take awhile, especially because they're both such total dolts, but it will happen.

by Anonymousreply 506March 7, 2019 10:48 AM

After the death of his mother, she is the worst thing to ever happen to Harry. When he used to look happy and relaxed hanging out with his brother and Catherine, was that real? Did it mean anything? If yes, wonder if he misses them at all. I had hoped he would be starting to tire of her, but he seems to have doubled down. The optics of the last few weeks are so bad, even the stans see it now.

by Anonymousreply 507March 7, 2019 10:49 AM

Being happy with Catherine and Wills was real at the time, sort of, but that's in the past. Harry is an empty vessel with no talents or passion, so he sways in the breeze. No, he doesn't miss them.

by Anonymousreply 508March 7, 2019 10:54 AM

William is grown-up, something that Harry will never be. He will be king of Great Britain not of instagram. Who knows how long that will las anyway.

by Anonymousreply 509March 7, 2019 11:03 AM

I came to this thread to post that article r501, it was BRUTAL. And nearly 3,000 comments in agreement with it. HazBean are fucked. The DM is the most widely read publication in the world, whether we like it or not that makes it a good barometer of public feeling.

by Anonymousreply 510March 7, 2019 11:07 AM

This came out in January:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 511March 7, 2019 11:13 AM

The piece about his speech was amazing!

The printed text, plus the People article where her PR says she writes his speeches says it all.

Harry has been spiraling down for a very long time. Guess we know why there are not photos of Harry romping with the Cambridge tots, that always seemed odd.

I hope they get and keep a stable nanny for Sohobebe.

The video from the event, let us chat about how that found its way to the DM. Including William saying NOT ALLOWED when she pulled her antics. It is astonishing.

by Anonymousreply 512March 7, 2019 11:18 AM

My instincts were correct! HazBean are riding the SJW agenda for fame and popularity! Pandering to the youth and minority vote! All to outshine and diminish the BRF! Really unbelievable and soooo transparent When will the family put down its foot to Harry? Shape up or Ship out! On another thought: perhaps Wills is secretly on board with this agenda too. Maybe Harry and William made a pact that they will bring to a close the BRF as revenge? Stranger things have happened.

by Anonymousreply 513March 7, 2019 11:28 AM

R510 Exactly. People try to dismiss it as “The Daily Fail” & suggest that no one cares what ‘knuckle-dragging DM readers think” but this is naive & short sighted.

Everyone reads the DM...although 90% pretend they don’t. They also read the comments. The percentage of negative remarks about HazBean has grown from about 60% in the beginning to 99% now. And it’s all as directed at Harry as it is Meghan. That’s astonishing considering his almost universal popularity not long ago.

It’s also clear that virtually all of their columnists are less than enthused by Markle & Harry, even though they continue to politely give her credit for her supposed “charity work”.....but even that politeness will run out at some stage.

If the Daily Mail don’t like you, you are fucked. And they don’t like the Sussexes. Which is fantastic.

by Anonymousreply 514March 7, 2019 11:30 AM

If those two go out and try to build their own brand they're doomed. They'll the the Wallis and Edward treatment. Without the Royal Family they are irrelevant where substance is concerned. Nobody gives a damn if a discarded, balding Duke and his so woke she's insomniac wife (and you will be too) visit slum housing. His unfortunate speech yesterday and her fashionable, ignorant comments about chlorine washed chicken show she's what brains there are behind the operation and she's reading the map but driving them in the wrong direction.

On their own they'll be isolated. Probably quietly, but they will cease to exist. They won't be prevented from entering the United Kingdom but they won't be welcomed, either (in any official sense... there will always be a handful of the stupid think they represent something.) They will keep doing clueless, trashy, annoyingly and mildly controversial things in an increasingly desperate bid for attention and relevance and they will become permanent targets for the press. On their own they will be Wallis and Edward2.0 and it will be a rotten existence.

Good, they deserve it.

by Anonymousreply 515March 7, 2019 11:33 AM

R513 What do you mean "put its foot down to Harry?" Would you like them to take him down to Piccadilly Circus and spank him? Then you speculate that Wills is plotting with MeMe....are you sure this is the right venue for your fan fiction/crap PR?

by Anonymousreply 516March 7, 2019 11:34 AM

Honestly if Harry is looking for celebrity and SJW fame he would actually do better in the states with MEagain. It would be best if he resigned his BRF status and set up shop in California with some daddy payments whilst he and his Douchass made millions acting like the Kardashians in the USA. Americans will pay good money for their antics.

by Anonymousreply 517March 7, 2019 11:36 AM

After he delivered MeMes latest screed, it seems they need to have their public appearances curtailed even further. Divisive, new agey, spotlight seeking, the 2 of them are a JOKE.

She has cut him off from his family and his friends.

Who is paying Sunshine Sachs? It is so funny that all her supposed friends are also clients or have a financial interest, like JM. She has put Harry is the same isolated, combative, holier than thou position. But she is a survivor and he has always seemed broken.

by Anonymousreply 518March 7, 2019 11:37 AM

I think the Mail is paying her to say this shit. She gets money, they get clicks. Win, win.

by Anonymousreply 519March 7, 2019 11:38 AM

Apparently the bookies odds on Prince Andrew and Sarah Ferguson remarrying are now at 2/1!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 520March 7, 2019 11:38 AM

Seems to me that the DM are slowly but surely building a narrative of a profligate Meghan who spends money for a living and a weak Harry controlled by his wife.

Thing is...it’s true so there’s fuck all HazBean and their PR drives can actually do about it.

by Anonymousreply 521March 7, 2019 11:40 AM

R516

Calm down. Just a off the cuff speculaton. Thats how I took it.

by Anonymousreply 522March 7, 2019 11:40 AM

R522 *speculation

by Anonymousreply 523March 7, 2019 11:41 AM

"Maybe Harry and William made a pact that they will bring to a close the BRF as revenge" is not the kind of bizarre word salad I would characterize as off the cuff speculation. Are you sure you're on the right forum? CB is a couple doors down on the right.

by Anonymousreply 524March 7, 2019 12:04 PM

At some point, R517, I can really see something like that happening.

by Anonymousreply 525March 7, 2019 12:06 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 526March 7, 2019 12:13 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 527March 7, 2019 12:16 PM

Now that I think of it, the happy third wheeling snaps with Harry/William/Catherine were all pre-George. We had speculated on these threads why H never interacted with the kids in photos or videos.

Harry being a lush runs in the family and explains his slovenly appearance.

by Anonymousreply 528March 7, 2019 12:17 PM

I think Harry is a regular cocaine user....and I think the press knows it.

Popbitch claimed he meets his dealer at the gym;- which may or may not be true as per blind items - but the DM had a couple of picture stories of him leaving a gym last year, and slyly pointing out how he was wiping his nose.

Which he does an awful lot, actually. In almost every series of pictures of him that are published, he’s wiping his nose with his hand. Even did it a lot at the wedding.

He clearly has rhinitis which can be caused by quite a few things, including regular cocaine use.

I am speculating, of course.

by Anonymousreply 529March 7, 2019 12:25 PM

It wouldn’t surprise me a bit If he is a lover of cocaïne . I think she uses too . The way they look so “I just rolled out of bed and put some clothes on “ .

by Anonymousreply 530March 7, 2019 12:34 PM

If i was in the shoes of Kate and William i wouldn’t let these two be in the same room as my children .

by Anonymousreply 531March 7, 2019 12:36 PM

Harry in Berlin - visiting Soho House.

by Anonymousreply 532March 7, 2019 12:38 PM

I wonder if he wore his Nazi uniform.

by Anonymousreply 533March 7, 2019 12:53 PM

[quote] H never interacted with the kids in photos or videos

Can't say if Harry is a danger to the Cambridge kids. Don't know the guy, but seems a stretch to say he's a danger because he isn't photographed playing with them. Are there videos and photos of Pippa, Zara, Mark etc playing with the Cambridge kids?

Mostly they're seen with their parents or their nanny. Notably, they're photographed with super gran, Carole. I can't remember seeing the Cambridge kids with Michael Middleton. Occasionally they do special events with the family and the press get shots of the cousins interacting. Does anyone else have shots of George and Charlotte with other family?

by Anonymousreply 534March 7, 2019 12:58 PM

It would not surprise me at all if H is bipolar. He is clearly unstable and also seems to lack a clear sense of self. Every BP person I have known uses coke and is a heavy drinker, seems to go with the territory. Could be self medicating, dunno. H has always done stupid, self destructive things, but MeMe is the cherry on the sundae.

I do not think that they spend time with the Cambridge children, we saw how carefully Catherine and William shepherded them personally at the wedding. Probably so as to not put their nanny in that position and so as to minimize exposure to JM.

Marcus was well in evidence in NY while Harry seems to have not been included. Make of that what you will.

The photos of her with Marcus were relaxed and one might read in, conspiratorial. The grifter and her handler, reunited and plotting the next round perhaps?

For those who speculate that they do not live together full time, at this point, I would believe it.

by Anonymousreply 535March 7, 2019 1:01 PM

For real, R532? Soho?

They can be the global brand ambassadors!

In a few years they can stash Sohobebe in boarding school and move from one location to another spouting New Age platitudes.

by Anonymousreply 536March 7, 2019 1:04 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 537March 7, 2019 1:10 PM

Harry looks like a seedy Muppet.

by Anonymousreply 538March 7, 2019 1:15 PM

Fuck, R538. You made me laugh right out loud!

by Anonymousreply 539March 7, 2019 1:17 PM

If Anne can have a civil conversation with Harry so can William.Why is he bring so hostile?William and Harry are both immature and stubborn.Regardless of how he feels about Meghan,she'll give birth to his niece or nephew and that child will need stable,decent people in it's life and we all know that it's not going to find that on Meghan's side.

by Anonymousreply 540March 7, 2019 1:18 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 541March 7, 2019 1:19 PM

Does anyone have a link for the photo of Meghan, legs spread, talking with Anne at the reception? I haven't seen it and can't find it. TIA!

by Anonymousreply 542March 7, 2019 1:21 PM

Ah, here it is. I always find that as soon as I ask for help with something, the problem solves itself. Enjoy!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 543March 7, 2019 1:24 PM

That.Is.RIDICULOUS. What the hell - is she about to take a piss??

by Anonymousreply 544March 7, 2019 1:26 PM

I don’t think they were snubbed at the ceremony. The event was for Charles and Haz is his son. Why would he not be allowed to be there?

by Anonymousreply 545March 7, 2019 1:27 PM

Not so much him being snubbed as them trying to muzzle his bitch.

by Anonymousreply 546March 7, 2019 1:39 PM

They wanted to be in the room before William and Kate . So she used PC whilst speaking to him to get in the room before anyone else ! Its first HM than PC and Camilla than William and Kate and then the others . Its not yet sunken in in their heads that they will be second tier from now on . From now on they will be at James Palace and under the reign of Princess Ann . Haha 😂

by Anonymousreply 547March 7, 2019 1:41 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 548March 7, 2019 1:43 PM

And If she could muster that it would be look i’m great friends with PC and he loves me sooo ! More than William and Kate . That was what she wanted but they riled her in .

by Anonymousreply 549March 7, 2019 1:44 PM

I would gladly offer up my virginity to Meg.

by Anonymousreply 550March 7, 2019 1:47 PM

Sophie is joining Angie's in fighting sexual violence against women in conflict zones.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 551March 7, 2019 1:47 PM

Liz is on the Gram. 😲

What next, leather pants?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 552March 7, 2019 1:50 PM

R540 I think after their mother died Harry was forced on William . I don't think Harry was supposed to go to Eton (no offense but he wasn't exactly the greatest student ) but the decision was made that the boys should stay together . So in a way William became his brother's babysitter . And then William grew up into an adult while Harry mentally never did . And having them do engagements together (implying an equal status) made sense as long as it was just the two of them . Then William and Kate got engaged and Kate officially became William's plus 1 , leaving Harry in the position of court jester . I believe William is simply over dealing with Harry's antics because he was the one who had to deal with them the most .

by Anonymousreply 553March 7, 2019 1:52 PM

What’s this business about Americans not being allowed to look at whatever the rest of the family were looking at on the table. Is that true? Can’t find any mention on Google and can’t see why that would be true.

If the above isn’t true then it’s hard not to see the way HazBean were treated the other day as anuthing but a snub.

by Anonymousreply 554March 7, 2019 1:53 PM

That makes a LOT of sense, R553, and I've never thought about it in quite that way before. It totally fits.

by Anonymousreply 555March 7, 2019 1:55 PM

R504 - The Duchesses of Kent and Gloucester have been dutiful and low-profile. So far as I know, no tensions have ever been reported between them and Pss. Alexandra. By the way, the Duchess of Gloucester is not Alexandra's sister-in-law, she's her cousin-in-law. It's the Duchess of Kent and Pss. Michael of Kent who are Alexandra's sisters in law. The Duchess of Gloucester is a well educated former Danish commoner that the Duke met as a student. The Duchess of Kent has had some troubling psychological issues - apparently a deep depression after a miscarriage and she is also, and very quietly, a convert to Catholicism. But both women have behaved admirably in the family's eyes, so far as I know.

Princess Michael of Kent, on the other hand, as we know is quite another kettle of fish.

by Anonymousreply 556March 7, 2019 2:11 PM

R501 - And then some. Actually, Glover bent over backwards to include the usual caveats about how thoughtful and mature Harry USED to seem.

Willliam and Kate, by comparison, seem more like Harry's exasperated but helpless parents than his brother and sister-in-law, and I suspect that there is more than a bit of substance to that because Charles, who really IS Harry's father, has been completely absent in this from what we can tell. If he's had a word with his son and daughter-in-law, it didn't work. If he has refused to do so, then it is hardly surprising that William is forced to behave in loco parentis. In that sense, William is already being set up, albeit unconsciously by Charles's abdication of parental duty, as Head of the Family.

Which, of course, will infuriate Harry even further, exacerating his determination to rebel whilst he can and foster the illusion of independence.

Because his only real independence is to leave the family - only all of his status and wealth beyond that trust is rooted in the family.

Quite a fascinating family drama playing out before our eyes.

If Charles should depart this world unexpectedly before the Queen, or even sooner than expected after finally becoming King, and William and Kate are rushed up to the top spots, Harry and Meghan lose their last sort-of ally in the BRF, and their goose will be cooked.

by Anonymousreply 557March 7, 2019 2:35 PM

*exacerbating

by Anonymousreply 558March 7, 2019 2:36 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 559March 7, 2019 2:49 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 560March 7, 2019 2:51 PM

"You bitches won't have any trouble seeing me today".

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 561March 7, 2019 3:01 PM

Charlotte is so cute, but I wouldn't want to mess with her, even at 4yo. She's got ths death stare like her great gran.

by Anonymousreply 562March 7, 2019 3:01 PM

Ffs I hate it when guys think it‘s manly or relatable to be bad at stuff. What‘s difficult about putting a kid‘s hair in a fucking ponytail or a braid? If you‘ve been able to learn how to drive it stands to reason you can master the motoric skills to brush your daughter‘s hair and tie it in a ponytail.

by Anonymousreply 563March 7, 2019 3:02 PM

R562 "You're not coming" - Charlotte's remark to press, as the family walked by during I think Louis' christening.

by Anonymousreply 564March 7, 2019 3:05 PM

Charles looking tipsy at a Brit-Irish do. Click for a photo of Camilla in a green caftan type dress.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 565March 7, 2019 3:06 PM

Can understand Charles being reluctant to reign in H & M. Besides being reserved, somewhat New-Agey and perhaps sympathetic to MM himself, let's not forget he got seriously burned by a certain loose cannon type gal in the 80s and 90s. I wonder what Camilla thinks.

by Anonymousreply 566March 7, 2019 3:10 PM

A younger Charles with a beard (two photos) and without.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 567March 7, 2019 3:13 PM

Zara looks good in this photo.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 568March 7, 2019 3:14 PM

William with child on a walkabout.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 569March 7, 2019 3:15 PM

A couple of sneaky pics of George and Charlotte with their nanny Maria.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 570March 7, 2019 3:16 PM

Tina Brown has already weighed in on Markle. She made no value judgments, just assessed her as super-driven, particularly when one sees that she didn't even get a decent job in the industry until she was nearly hitting the wall, which only intensified her focus. And clearly Trevor Engelson was a starter husband from the start. It sort of sits in the middle between admiring her and dispassionately assessing it. Basically she sees her as pure drive, pure climb.

by Anonymousreply 571March 7, 2019 3:38 PM

R570 those pictures are old.

by Anonymousreply 572March 7, 2019 3:38 PM

Camilla pulling herself together and reading to schoolchildren.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 573March 7, 2019 3:58 PM

R571 - Thanks - Brown is spot on with that analysis, and not one particularly surprising or opposed to the evidence, except of course to the fraus on CB who think Harry and Meghan are a Great Love Story and social climbing and A-List ambitions played little to no part in Meghan's pursuit of this marriage.

For the moment, except for being a bit more open about their loathing for Meghan and their anger at Harry, the BRF can do nothing until the Sussex baby is born, christened and the fuss over Harry's first child has abated somewhat. Philip will probably die this year, which will interrupt that, and given how close the Queen and her husband were, she may weaken as a long-time spouse so often does when this loss occurs. Philip's death will represent another rubicon of sorts that marks that passage of time and the changes ahead looming closer.

The weaker the Queen gets, the closer William comes to being Prince of Wales, the bolder the family will get. Harry and Meghan have maybe two-three years to play their Let's Try To Take Centre-Stage and Undermine the Cambridges game. It had no chance of success from the start, except to set up Meghan for the profile she wanted. She'll come out a winner no matter what; Harry will come out the loser.

by Anonymousreply 574March 7, 2019 4:00 PM

Yeah, but did William and Harry reunite? That is the question.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 575March 7, 2019 4:02 PM

I think they ARE reining in H&M, it's just in a BRF sort of way and not a way that's satisfying to observers. The BRF are about face-saving at all costs. If a family member is a miscreant, they aren't punished in any visible way. It's more common to repackage them and find another way to sell them to the public.

No matter what blind items say on the one side, and Meghan PR on the other, Charles' accounts people aren't fools, and will not pay off Meghan's clothing invoices (which don't exist anyway) blind to Meghan and her bestie splitting the money since the clothes are actually freebies. AND he would never spend the amounts it is claimed she is spending. And Meghan pretends she is spending all this money on her clothes, when the majority are free and go back to the label, which is why they're not altered to fit. The question is - is this arrangement, which is a hodgepodge of Jessica Mulroney, direct one-off dealings with a label, or relationships with a label (a la Claire Wright Keller) a paid arrangement, or quid pro quo clothes for PR?

Meghan isn't getting any special jewelry (but I think that's normal - I don't think Fergie got a lot from the vault - did she?). She and hubs are banished from London and placed in a relatively humble dwelling out in Windsor, no doubt the home she will get to stay in when/if they ever divorce. Their engagements aren't important.

That's about all the BRF will do until HM and PP AND PC die. When it's Will's turn, it might go harder for PH and MM, but many think MM won't stick around to find out. Good luck prising go away $$$ out of Will if the marriage endures that long.

by Anonymousreply 576March 7, 2019 4:15 PM

[quote]So what does "embargoed" mean in this case?

Probably that the specifics weren't announced in advance.

by Anonymousreply 577March 7, 2019 4:21 PM

R574 I think Meghan will come out a winner in some ways, but not at the level she expects. She doesn't have any star quality as a person. It's all her circumstances and juxtaposing her Kardashian-esque behavior vis a vis the traditions and protocol of the Windsors. While she'll have the sprog, she'll no longer be part of the BRF or participating in BRF occasions, and her Kardashian tastes and demeanor won't distinguish her.

by Anonymousreply 578March 7, 2019 4:21 PM

r556 Thank you very much for your thoughtful reply its appreciated but if you double check you will see I did not get confused over the duchess of Gloucester as I didn't mention her! I'm aware she is married to the Duke of Kents cousin the Duke of Gloucester not his brother!

by Anonymousreply 579March 7, 2019 4:52 PM

Can any of more expert royal watchers answer to the following? At this late date, it appears HM is not going to bestow an HRH on Harry's kid. Apparently, this kid is entitled to the HRH upon HM's death/Charles' ascension to the throne. What happens if Charles dies before HM? Does the kid get the HRH anyway?

by Anonymousreply 580March 7, 2019 5:27 PM

LOL @ Harry being in Germany for a 'sustainable tourism' event after his wife's private jet-enabled jaunt to NYC. And for any stans who are gonna pull a Kaiser and start whining about buuuuut they allll do it! Yeah, they do. Surprise, mega rich people are fucking hypocrites. The point is the unspoken agreement between the BRF and the public - we'll do our best not to flaunt our great wealth and luxury travel, and you do your best to do what we say, not as we do. Anybody who actually pays any attention to the RF sees that Charles spouts environmental platitudes out of one side of his mouth while making, over the years, basically zero attempt to streamline his own ridiculous traveling protocols (yes, I read that article about him transporting basically an entire bedroom suit with him when he visits someone - and y'alls know Charles ain't traveling economy/commercial when he flies!). Harry and Meghan are now doing the same. The difference is Charles isn't preening, sunglasses-on, in front of banks of paparazzi.

I'm amazed that people like Kaiser don't actually understand this. It truly isn't about H and M being any more indulgent in their lifestyle. It's simply about being SEEN to do as much. Most of the British public aren't on gossip websites and the RF knows it. As long as they keep their shit mostly on the DL, they'll get away with it. Meghan doesn't seem to get it, either, which is surprising - and worrying for the RF.

Also: "Be braver. Be stronger. Be kind to each other. Be kind to yourselves. Have less screen time and more face-to-face time. Exceed expectations. Eliminate plastics. Conserve water. Protect wildlife and their unique habitat. Keep empathy alive. Ask your friends how they are doing and listen to the answer. Be honest. Take risks. Change your thoughts and change the world. Dare to be the greatest generation of all time."

That reads like a straight-up parody of right-on gobbledygook. Truly banana-worthy.

by Anonymousreply 581March 7, 2019 5:30 PM

580 No, the child will only get the HRH as a grandchild of the sovereign, so if Charles dies before he the Queen that means no HRH

by Anonymousreply 582March 7, 2019 5:37 PM

Thank you, r582.

by Anonymousreply 583March 7, 2019 5:42 PM

Gays, and Fraus!

I am considering writing a letter to Dreamboat Andy, to inform him of how he makes my erogenous zones tingle. Do you think he will be flattered? Should I include nudes?

Thanks in advance, for your suggestions.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 584March 7, 2019 5:57 PM

R584 Whilst this may not be the definitive answer to your enquiry , please be advised that on more than one occasion We were most gratified to receive intimate, 'au naturel' photographic reproductions directly from Mr. Ronald Colman, Mr Charlie Chaplin and Commonwealth Subject Mr Errol Flynn.

There is Royal Precedent in this matter.

by Anonymousreply 585March 7, 2019 6:11 PM

Ok, it's been obvious from the get-go what MM's agenda is, using the BRF as a launching pad to her next step toward worldwide fame and mega-wealth, but what is Harry's? Just sticking it to his family? Does he expect the marriage to last? Did he at one time?

by Anonymousreply 586March 7, 2019 6:48 PM

This is the next thread Part 27. Please fill this one up first. Thank you.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 587March 7, 2019 6:52 PM

Gee thanks your Royalness! Im going to book a photographer just as soon as I can. I hope Dreamboat Andy enjoys fan boudoir portraits.

by Anonymousreply 588March 7, 2019 7:03 PM

MM has no agenda. And if she does, it pretty tame compared to Kate’s.

by Anonymousreply 589March 7, 2019 7:06 PM

R588 We will not presume to speak on behalf of Our somewhat errant great grandson, but We do recall that many of the photographic items kindly sent to Buckingham Palace did indeed feature fans. We seem to recall an image of Mr Errol Flynn striking a pose with a particularity prominent fan...

by Anonymousreply 590March 7, 2019 7:23 PM

It's like the fates conspire against these two trailer park "royals" and names naturally roll off the tongue:

HazBean

Duke and Duchess of Sux

Imelda Markles

Ginge and Cringe

Earl and Countess Dumbarton--a case of truth being stranger than fiction

Duke and Duchess of Frogmore

The Frog Prince

MEgantoinette

Dim and Sparkle

Clueless and Classless

A greedier, graspier, trashier wannabe celebrity act you could not make up.

by Anonymousreply 591March 7, 2019 7:54 PM

Here she is with her wide legged stance pretending PA is chatting with her and not Harry.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 592March 7, 2019 8:00 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 593March 7, 2019 8:08 PM

Is she standing like that to air out her cooter?

Looks ridiculous

by Anonymousreply 594March 7, 2019 8:09 PM

Do pregnant women sometimes stand with their legs apart because the baby is pushing on them weird from the inside? Maybe its jammed up someplace, and standing like that takes the pressure off? It seems like carrying a baby would make your hips and lower back hurt.

by Anonymousreply 595March 7, 2019 8:11 PM

Ugh, the most sycophantic, obsequious, gag-inducing PR piece on the repulsivista, Jessica Mulroney.

Try to to curdle your stomach too much while you look it over.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 596March 7, 2019 8:13 PM

R 591 What about Ginge and Minge?

I think she was expecting her waters to break dramatically when she stands legs akimbo but the button got stuck

by Anonymousreply 597March 7, 2019 8:14 PM

Charles looks thrilled with this scientist.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 598March 7, 2019 8:18 PM

Princess Anne was in a good mood at the reception for Charles on Monday.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 599March 7, 2019 8:20 PM

The Queen rocks!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 600March 7, 2019 8:20 PM

Maybe Anne just had a few shots of tequila because she knew she had to handle the Sussex problem.

by Anonymousreply 601March 7, 2019 8:22 PM

Nah R592, the cunt is so used to spread eagling in order to "get what MEghan wants," it's become subconscious. Pic below was taken October 2018.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 602March 7, 2019 8:24 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!