Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Jussie Smollett Updates Part 11 (Not Without My Sammich)

You know the drill.

Link to Part 10 below:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 604February 22, 2019 11:51 AM

All hail Our Boo

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1February 21, 2019 2:22 PM

I want to know what toppings he got on the tuna sub!

by Anonymousreply 2February 21, 2019 2:24 PM

What about that conservative chick who said that someone carved an O in her cheek during Obama’s first electoral campaign? Found to be a hoax.

by Anonymousreply 3February 21, 2019 2:25 PM

r3 it was a backwards B, not an O.

by Anonymousreply 4February 21, 2019 2:26 PM

Oh thank god, they gave the other guy the hook.

by Anonymousreply 5February 21, 2019 2:29 PM

Oh right R4...because it wasn’t backwards in the mirror when she did it.

by Anonymousreply 6February 21, 2019 2:29 PM

Now that it's out there that this was all about Jussie wanting more money, I wonder if Fox and Daniels, et al will still stand by their brave little soldier?

by Anonymousreply 7February 21, 2019 2:33 PM

Laughing my ass off here over the downfall of this stupid asshole.LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL Stupid idiot fucked up real bad. Rot in hell you stupid fool.

by Anonymousreply 8February 21, 2019 2:36 PM

I'm boycotting this thread over the "sammich" spelling. I'll see you in the next one, "Lesbian hoedown"

by Anonymousreply 9February 21, 2019 2:38 PM

"It's shameful...despicable"

by Anonymousreply 10February 21, 2019 2:41 PM

Watch for defense attorneys press conference to follow.

by Anonymousreply 11February 21, 2019 2:41 PM

Lights just turned briefly off in the room of the press conference

by Anonymousreply 12February 21, 2019 2:41 PM

OMG the token lesbian behind him is HILARIOUS!!

by Anonymousreply 13February 21, 2019 2:42 PM

If the MAGA hat don't fit, you must acquit

by Anonymousreply 14February 21, 2019 2:43 PM

The brothers thought we'd never be able to track them down

by Anonymousreply 15February 21, 2019 2:43 PM

The press conference is trending on Twitter

by Anonymousreply 16February 21, 2019 2:43 PM

Gonna be tough for even the most ardent SJWs to defend Jussie when it's a matter of money rather than "racial awareness" ... though I suppose they can pivot to the terrible salary imbalance between the races. Then again, there aren't any white people making more than Jussie on Empire.

by Anonymousreply 17February 21, 2019 2:44 PM

Fuck an apology, I want him to pay. Though with Jussie, an apology might actually be the hardest part, so there is that.

by Anonymousreply 18February 21, 2019 2:44 PM

The brothers need to be forced to do community service at Bromo. At least 50 scenes, and yes, they fuck each other.

by Anonymousreply 19February 21, 2019 2:44 PM

What is justice in your eyes? Apology to the city, admitting what he did, be man enough to offer money for the resources used to investigate this

by Anonymousreply 20February 21, 2019 2:45 PM

I will say that the fact that this is a black guy on the CPD it is helpful...

by Anonymousreply 21February 21, 2019 2:45 PM

[quote]Police have the check Jussie wrote to pay the Nigerian brothers.

I posted on a previous thread that the police probably had a money trail between Jussie and the brothers.

Multiple posters responded that there was no way he was stupid enough to not pay in cash.

Looks like he was that stupid.

by Anonymousreply 22February 21, 2019 2:46 PM

I keep forgetting this is only the CPDs part. The big guns (Feds) are next to come down on Jussie. Hopefully really fucking hard.

by Anonymousreply 23February 21, 2019 2:47 PM

MSNBC reporter repeatedly calls him “Jesse Slomett.” LOL

by Anonymousreply 24February 21, 2019 2:47 PM

Why don't they call him by his given name, Justin? 'Jussie' is just a nickname.

by Anonymousreply 25February 21, 2019 2:49 PM

The fact he's sitting in jail right now and didn't bail out immediately brings a smile to me and warms my heart

by Anonymousreply 26February 21, 2019 2:49 PM

R24, it's such a typical, stupid-sounding midwestern straight white male-- reminds me of my brother--- Mary!

by Anonymousreply 27February 21, 2019 2:50 PM

Is the defense team going to speak? All feeds that I have are now over.

by Anonymousreply 28February 21, 2019 2:50 PM

That's because they have't had the bond hearing R26.

by Anonymousreply 29February 21, 2019 2:50 PM

My uneducated guess is they will wait until he posts bail

by Anonymousreply 30February 21, 2019 2:51 PM

This whole thing is truly vile.

False accusations negate or call into question any real incidents of hate crimes.

Fuck him.

by Anonymousreply 31February 21, 2019 2:51 PM

I'm sorry r9 there was a last minute vote for Sammich on thread something or other (9?) I try to be fair.

by Anonymousreply 32February 21, 2019 2:51 PM

Jussie's affectless face, especially his eyes - he looks cunning, amoral, lacking in empathy. Someone who would lie with ease.

by Anonymousreply 33February 21, 2019 2:53 PM

He still looks good, even in the mugshot. If I was on the jury, I would never vote to convict. He is hot and has a big cock to boot!

by Anonymousreply 34February 21, 2019 2:53 PM

Jussie's lunatic defenders on twitter still grasping at straws:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35February 21, 2019 2:55 PM

He looks very good. Perhaps he's convinced himself he's innocent?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36February 21, 2019 2:55 PM

R34 Maybe some community outreach allowing disadvantaged gays in Chicago to suck him off?

by Anonymousreply 37February 21, 2019 2:55 PM

Do these people realise how this makes them look? They obviously would lie to further their agenda as well.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38February 21, 2019 2:56 PM

R36 I'm sure he still thinks he's the victim and always will. We'll never see admit he was wrong.

by Anonymousreply 39February 21, 2019 2:56 PM

In what may be the ultimate insult to a star, desperate for more, Jesse Smollett has simply become: “Chicago Man.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40February 21, 2019 2:56 PM

Isn’t he one of the stars/main characters of the show Empire? How much was he making that he needed to stage a hate crime to somehow increase his salary?

What a selfish cunt.

by Anonymousreply 41February 21, 2019 2:56 PM

This whole thing is so fucked up. Truly.

FUCK HIM for exploiting real pain and racial animus, especially in the age of Trump.

by Anonymousreply 42February 21, 2019 2:57 PM

We can already rely on Ira to flip the narrative.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43February 21, 2019 2:57 PM

BREAKING: Kamala Harris is still "Waiting for more facts" before deleting her lynching tweet.

by Anonymousreply 44February 21, 2019 2:57 PM

Is his hole being passed around in jail?

by Anonymousreply 45February 21, 2019 2:59 PM

R43 why should we be discussing the history lynching when no lynching or attempt occurred and in fact has nothing to do with the matter at hand, which is that he orchestrated a hoax and even lied on national TV?

by Anonymousreply 46February 21, 2019 2:59 PM

Jussie's defenders need to acknowlwdge their "unconscious biases".

by Anonymousreply 47February 21, 2019 2:59 PM

Check out the police report. His height is 5'11, if you google him he listed himself as 6'0

The lies continue

by Anonymousreply 48February 21, 2019 3:00 PM

I can't believe Kamala's tweet is still up. Pelosi isn't even running for president and she knew to take hers down once it became obvious it was a hoax.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 49February 21, 2019 3:01 PM

Why is it that the lightest black people and the whitest liberals tend to be the nuttiest left-wingers. Probably trying to overcompensate with the former and white guilt with the latter.

by Anonymousreply 50February 21, 2019 3:02 PM

Y’all is hurt! Y’all need some music to calm down.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51February 21, 2019 3:02 PM

Cory's is still up too...is this really a hill that they want their presidential attempts to die on?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 52February 21, 2019 3:03 PM

Kamala has really fucked herself on this one. That video of her acting all dumb when asked about her supportive tweet is apparently unavailable now (but we all saw it).

by Anonymousreply 53February 21, 2019 3:03 PM

Kamala is already a mess of a candidate. It's better we found out this early.

by Anonymousreply 54February 21, 2019 3:03 PM

Some perspective from someone who has been duped by a friend with factitious disorder who convinced me she had cancer:

It's very, very hard to get over being deceived by someone like this. You hear their story, you get involved. You feel compassion, and pain. You comfort them, cry with them, ride the rollercoaster of emotion with them.

And then you realize you been duped; that they've shitted on your empathy; that you've wasted warmth and concern for someone who actively deceived you -- in some cases for months or even years.

That is awful to reconcile.

by Anonymousreply 55February 21, 2019 3:05 PM

Kamala will NEVER be President

by Anonymousreply 56February 21, 2019 3:05 PM

Kamala's a bad candidate, palatable only in California, Trump would make mincemeat of her.

[Margo Channing voice]: "She WON'T play."

by Anonymousreply 57February 21, 2019 3:05 PM

As soon as they said they could not find a corroborating video, I thought it smelled fishy. Cameras are everywhere,

by Anonymousreply 58February 21, 2019 3:05 PM

More than once, R22, I said Jussie could not have been so stupid as to do something that we now know he WAS stupid enough to do.

I thought the attack was real but that he was exaggerating it, because I had no idea anyone could be as successful as he was and also be that damn dumb.

by Anonymousreply 59February 21, 2019 3:06 PM

Cook County jail is NOT someplace you want to be.

by Anonymousreply 60February 21, 2019 3:06 PM

I just saw the police press conference and THEY ARE PISSED. He did this because of a salary dispute? Now I really do hate him.

by Anonymousreply 61February 21, 2019 3:07 PM

So much for Kamala.

What a dope. And I'm truly sorry about her. She seemed to have a lot of promise.

This is not about race.

We, as a whole, are a vulnerable population. This isn't making things easier for real victims of real crimes.

And again, fuck him. And now, unfortunately, fuck her.

by Anonymousreply 62February 21, 2019 3:08 PM

R50 I live in Marin County. Home of the white liberal. We got rid of that pesky white guilt by only surrounding ourselves with other white people.

by Anonymousreply 63February 21, 2019 3:09 PM

How pissed do you think the family of James Byrd feels?

by Anonymousreply 64February 21, 2019 3:10 PM

R40, did his booking report indicate if he’s cis?

by Anonymousreply 65February 21, 2019 3:10 PM

Is Jussie biracial?

by Anonymousreply 66February 21, 2019 3:12 PM

Don Lemon was laughably bad last night during his show.

by Anonymousreply 67February 21, 2019 3:13 PM

R62 this won't hurt Kamala, but her professor father slamming her might. I liked her but signs aren't good.

by Anonymousreply 68February 21, 2019 3:13 PM

Kamala needs new friends if Jussie is the "kindest, sweetest" person she knows.

by Anonymousreply 69February 21, 2019 3:13 PM

A lot of you sound like the crazy angry Susan Dey troll, the original one.

Politicians gotta politic. If they deleted the tweet you'd be crabbing about them trying to pretend they never supported him; if they leave it up, you act like they committed the crime themselves.

Pelosi is not the kind of politician people like you will hold responsible for Chicago crime, for caring more about race, etc. etc. Kamala and Cory ARE politicians who get that kind of scrutiny.

You can guarantee that in the primaries, trolls will be saying, "I'm a Democrat but I just can't vote for Kamala, not after she left that tweet up for a week." Ridiculous.

by Anonymousreply 70February 21, 2019 3:14 PM

I'm a Democrat but I just can't vote for Kamala, not after she left that tweet up for a week.

by Anonymousreply 71February 21, 2019 3:15 PM

[quote]Some perspective from someone who has been duped by a friend with factitious disorder who convinced me she had cancer:

My sympathies to you for your experience, but Jussie is not afflicted with factitious disorder. He's a man who wanted to pressure his employer into paying him more money, and chose the worst possible way to do it. That makes him stupid, not mentally ill.

by Anonymousreply 72February 21, 2019 3:16 PM

R36, we're so pretty, oh so pretty, ah -- we're VA-CUNT!

Dead eyes aren't pretty unless you jack to The Walking Dead.

by Anonymousreply 73February 21, 2019 3:17 PM

He is not mentally ill; he’s a (very bad) con artist.

by Anonymousreply 74February 21, 2019 3:17 PM

R70 Because by leaving it up, the media will ask about it every day. And as we saw from the video, she is ill-prepared to handle this question. She needs to delete the tweet and when asked about the deletion say the tweet was based on the available information at the time and has been deleted as more information came to light showing it as a hoax. This is not a good look:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 75February 21, 2019 3:17 PM

So that little cunt wan't worried about being written out (the rumors an Empire spokesperson said was not so, he was in fact not only being written out, but locked into a contract). This spoiled bitch wanted MORE money. I get that I am saying nothing new here. He just gets more detestable as it goes on.

by Anonymousreply 76February 21, 2019 3:18 PM

[quote]I'm a Democrat but I just can't vote for Kamala, not after she left that tweet up for a week.

I'm an actual Democrat, and I don't give a damn what Kamala or any other Democratic politician does or has done regarding Jussie Smollett.

by Anonymousreply 77February 21, 2019 3:18 PM

That makes him a malinger I suppose r72

But to the one deceived, there really isn't much difference between a factitious disorder and malingering.

by Anonymousreply 78February 21, 2019 3:19 PM

I still don't know how he thought this would get him a pay raise.

by Anonymousreply 79February 21, 2019 3:19 PM

R66 I think his dad is white? (Jussie is the baby here.)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 80February 21, 2019 3:20 PM

Woof those are some ugly kids

by Anonymousreply 81February 21, 2019 3:23 PM

[quote]I still don't know how he thought this would get him a pay raise.

Just a guess – maybe he thought it would raise his profile and lift Empire’s ratings, which would justify a higher salary.

by Anonymousreply 82February 21, 2019 3:24 PM

R79 He probably saw the current "victimhood chic" (coined by The Atlantic) and thought Fox would give him a raise in order to keep him on Empire so that Fox could virtue signal to the media how woke they are by having this celebrated civil rights activist/victim on the payroll.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 83February 21, 2019 3:24 PM

Jussie was dissatisfied with his salary. That is the only reason (plus he is stupid)

by Anonymousreply 84February 21, 2019 3:25 PM

His dad is really cute in that picture. I would have hit that.

by Anonymousreply 85February 21, 2019 3:25 PM

r41 Exactly, and even if he isn't highly paid, he's still more highly paid than most Americans and for not really doing a lot. I'm sure the Darfur orphans and the PA coal miners really feel his pain.

by Anonymousreply 86February 21, 2019 3:26 PM

Unfortunately, optics carry a lot of weight in politics today. None of the way Kamala has handled this will do her any favors. It looks bad to anyone but her most ardent supporters. They'd do well to acknowledge their unconscious biases.

Back to Jussie. The salary dispute is a wrinkle no one anticipated.

by Anonymousreply 87February 21, 2019 3:27 PM

R86 Thanks for remembering us...but don't forget about the salad

by Anonymousreply 88February 21, 2019 3:27 PM

While Empire is still success on FOX, it isn't as big as it was at the beginning. Jussie likely got scared and wanted to raise his profile. I also understand that there is a nee brother on Empire who was taking a lot of airtime and getting a big storyline. Jussie was probably also jealous.

by Anonymousreply 89February 21, 2019 3:27 PM

New* brother

by Anonymousreply 90February 21, 2019 3:28 PM

From Yashar:

Scoop: A well-placed source familiar with his comp tells me @JussieSmollett was being paid $65,000 per episode for his co-starring role on Empire. Average season has 18 episodes. Police say his dissatisfaction with his salary let him to stage this hoax.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 91February 21, 2019 3:28 PM

No one fucking cares about Kamala or the other candidates' Tweets except for right wing Concern Trolls.

by Anonymousreply 92February 21, 2019 3:29 PM

Yeah. Trump also tweeted his T&P - everyone was duped by Wussie

by Anonymousreply 93February 21, 2019 3:30 PM

Yeah agreed r92, but I am interested in how many black people don't like her because she apparently throws the book at criminals and they think she persecutes blacks. Will she want the book thrown this time?

by Anonymousreply 94February 21, 2019 3:31 PM

R92 = Concern Troll in disguise

by Anonymousreply 95February 21, 2019 3:31 PM

65K is a big check given how many actors they have in the show.

Also I'm sure he wanted Taraji and Terrence money, because in his eyes, he is as big a star as they are.

by Anonymousreply 96February 21, 2019 3:31 PM

Signs and symptoms of narcissistic personality disorder and the severity of symptoms vary. People with the disorder can:

Have an exaggerated sense of self-importance

Have a sense of entitlement and require constant, excessive admiration

Expect to be recognized as superior even without achievements that warrant it

Exaggerate achievements and talents

Be preoccupied with fantasies about success, power, brilliance, beauty or the perfect mate

Believe they are superior and can only associate with equally special people

Monopolize conversations and belittle or look down on people they perceive as inferior

Expect special favors and unquestioning compliance with their expectations

Take advantage of others to get what they want

Have an inability or unwillingness to recognize the needs and feelings of others

Be envious of others and believe others envy them

Behave in an arrogant or haughty manner, coming across as conceited, boastful and pretentious

Insist on having the best of everything — for instance, the best car or office

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 97February 21, 2019 3:32 PM

Is $65K per episode not enough? That seems to be a nice chunk of change.

So, not only was he being given job security with a new contract, he was making thousands of dollars per episode and still wasn’t satisfied. What a greedy asshole.

by Anonymousreply 98February 21, 2019 3:32 PM

🙄 r95

by Anonymousreply 99February 21, 2019 3:32 PM

R83 Similar to the Kaepernick situation. Once he let it be known he was going to opt out of his contract, he started kneeling and wearing the police pig socks. He believed his new found wokeness would get him a higher paying contract in today's climate. Instead teams avoided signing him because of the disruptive circus that he brought with him.

by Anonymousreply 100February 21, 2019 3:32 PM

What about the assholes on the big bang theory? That smirky picture they put out with the huge, "We support Jussie" sign. Fuck I hate that show and everyone on it.

by Anonymousreply 101February 21, 2019 3:33 PM

$65k/episode X 18 eps/season = almost $1.2M year

by Anonymousreply 102February 21, 2019 3:34 PM

65k x 18

So many actors in Los Angeles would kill to have his job. Jussie is a tool.

by Anonymousreply 103February 21, 2019 3:34 PM

I’m worried about him! So much hate going his way, it must feel horrible!

Has he been put on suicide hoax watch yet? What if he scratches his face again?!

by Anonymousreply 104February 21, 2019 3:34 PM

He is stupid. How does being attacked lead to a higher salary. Narcissist is too generous.

by Anonymousreply 105February 21, 2019 3:35 PM

After taxes and fees to agents, managers, etc. He still clears roughly half a million per year. $500k!

by Anonymousreply 106February 21, 2019 3:35 PM

R103 Yep and I'm sure Fox was paying for the luxury apartment in Chicago (probably offset by tax incentives they are probably getting by filming in Chicago)

by Anonymousreply 107February 21, 2019 3:35 PM

R100, that's a good point about Kap. He did end up getting that huge payout from what was it, Nike? And he is an icon to many. Maybe Jussie got inspired by this?

by Anonymousreply 108February 21, 2019 3:35 PM

R100, but he's now making perhaps even more having his STARTLINGLY ugly mug plastered everywhere for Nike. His too-close-together pig eyes stare have been printed at billboard size and plastered in the Times Square subway station, for those who have a great interest in seeing his large pores magnified as if viewed through a microscope.

Jussie will no doubt get some endorsement deals too. At least he's pretty.

by Anonymousreply 109February 21, 2019 3:35 PM

And I can fucking guarantee this investigation (possibly not over if the FBI is still finishing up) cost more than $1,170,000 and counting. Just plea out Jussie. All you are going to do is spend what little money you have (eyeroll) on lawyers. You could save an iota of face if you just throw yourself on the mercy of the court.

by Anonymousreply 110February 21, 2019 3:36 PM

1. Stupid, narcissitic former child actor with the IQ of a pill bug

2. Horrendously executed and obviously fake hate crime that rallies obese, purple-haired intersectional SJWs together.

3. Hot Nigerian Bodybuilding grifters

4. Liberal journalists frantically trying to spin this into a “teachable moment” while Tucker Carlsson et al. have visible on-camera orgasms over every new revelation.

This has every ingredient of a typical South Park episode except for a subplot about the Koch Brothers providing dimwitted Jussie with a lifetime supply of rent boys and drugs to stage this fiasco.

by Anonymousreply 111February 21, 2019 3:36 PM

Narcissists don't commit suicide r104, it goes against their nature.

by Anonymousreply 112February 21, 2019 3:36 PM

I think r104 meant a fake suicide attempt r112, which not only would I not put past him, I'm surprised he didn't already pull it.

by Anonymousreply 113February 21, 2019 3:37 PM

CNN: FBI Director Christopher Wray to Speak on Status of Jussie Smollett Investigation at 12:00pm EST

by Anonymousreply 114February 21, 2019 3:41 PM

Welcome CNN Troll, now the party can begin!

by Anonymousreply 115February 21, 2019 3:43 PM

Trump set this up perfectly....claimed he believed Jussie (when he most likely didn't) and waited for the eventual outcome so that he could do this:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 116February 21, 2019 3:43 PM

The pic of TBBT cast was so obnoxious, they all couldn't decide what look to go with. They settled with smug. They settled with the "We, as actors and rich people, are not like you little people out there. We are loving, caring and peaceful people. You lot are bigots, racists and homophobes. We believe Jussie. We stand by him. You don't. We're not evil Hitlers like you poor folk."

by Anonymousreply 117February 21, 2019 3:44 PM

[quote]Is $65K per episode not enough? That seems to be a nice chunk of change.

A few years ago, Taraji and Terence were each making $175K an episode, so Jussie felt marginalized.

by Anonymousreply 118February 21, 2019 3:44 PM

I'm reminded of a line from The Towering Inferno (1974.) The building was built on the cheap, corners were cut, and then the big corporation pushed for it to open on time, before they were ready, safety inspectors were bought off, ect. Of course, all these things lead to disaster, and it burns.

At the end, someone asks Paul Newman (the architect in the movie) what should be done with the smoldering, useless husk of a burnt out building. Newman replies "Let it stand. As a monument to the bullshit of our age."

I think Jussie is a perfect monument to the bullshit of our age. Now, to be clear, the BIGGEST, main bullshit monument is Donald J. Trump himself. There is no equivalence here. Trump is way worse in every way.

That said, Jussie is really the perfect monument to the increasingly embarrassing excesses of the left. Every, and I mean every, box is checked off here. Entitlement, smug self satisfaction, disingenuousness, lack of self awareness, lack of ability to reason and contextualize, and general obliviousness to the world around him. I could go on and on.

If you wrote Jussie's story as fiction, people would call it too on the nose. It's too perfect. I often joke about us entering another dimension that was more like fiction than reality in November of 2016. If I were making that argument, this Jussie story would be Exhibit B.

by Anonymousreply 119February 21, 2019 3:45 PM

Think he will be bankrupt after his fine?

by Anonymousreply 120February 21, 2019 3:47 PM

[quote]Every, and I mean every, box is checked off here. Entitlement, smug self satisfaction, disingenuousness, lack of self awareness, lack of ability to reason and contextualize, and general obliviousness to the world around him.

And at the bottom of it all, greed. The love of money continues to be the root of all kinds of evil.

by Anonymousreply 121February 21, 2019 3:48 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 122February 21, 2019 3:50 PM

Lesbians didn't create Jussie. That's all I'm saying.

by Anonymousreply 123February 21, 2019 3:51 PM

Does he hate his white father?

by Anonymousreply 124February 21, 2019 3:53 PM

"Make Smollett pay for the investigation?" There's a form for that.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 125February 21, 2019 3:54 PM

Jussie hates every ounce of white blood in his body.

(I think that was a line from Alex Haley's Queen starring Miss Halle Berry.)

by Anonymousreply 126February 21, 2019 3:56 PM

Has his asshole family made any new asshole statements?

All of our boos have gone quiet.

Thanks for bringing that over from the last thread r125!

by Anonymousreply 127February 21, 2019 3:56 PM

He ruined BHM

by Anonymousreply 128February 21, 2019 3:57 PM

Have Journey or Jussilyn Smollett commented yet?

by Anonymousreply 129February 21, 2019 3:58 PM

R3 Reporter Andy Ngo included that in a breathtakingly long and incomplete(!) list of hate crime that turned out to be fakes. He tweeted out the prodigious list of fakery around Feb 18. I was kind of shocked by it actually.

by Anonymousreply 130February 21, 2019 3:58 PM

I think the GMA interview was the biggest mistake and WTF moment during this whole ordeal. That footage will be around forever. He'd still be toast if he didn't do GMA, but he would probably fare better in the long run had he shut his ignorant mouth and laid low. Man, I'm as pissed as everyone about this but I couldn't imagine having all that hatred directed toward me. I'm kind of scared for his safety (and other people's safety).

by Anonymousreply 131February 21, 2019 3:58 PM

Kamala acts both bitchy and silly. She acts like a DOOFUS you would see shopping at Costco...or Target. Not presidential.

by Anonymousreply 132February 21, 2019 4:00 PM

Statement from 20th Century Fox:

"We understand the seriousness of this matter and we respect the legal process. We are evaluating the situation and we are considering our options.”

by Anonymousreply 133February 21, 2019 4:01 PM

They are going to have to fire him. Every time someone sees him they are going to think of his hoax. He is not that great of an actor where he can get lost in the character.

by Anonymousreply 134February 21, 2019 4:03 PM

Trump is having a total lunching fest on Smollett today, which is the reaon why I hate JS the most. Giving Trump satisfaction is really the Debbil's Werk.

by Anonymousreply 135February 21, 2019 4:08 PM

Weigel has pinned the tweet from DeRay Mckesson wherein he claimed "I realized today that Chicago “reporter” @RaferWeigel is responsible for much of the misinformation"...I love these local reporters throwing shade at these clowns who got upset the local reporters were doing actual journalism

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 136February 21, 2019 4:08 PM

I will never be the man this did not happen to.

by Anonymousreply 137February 21, 2019 4:09 PM

The way that chief spoke so passionately about this despicable Jusstine Smoggret, you just know that they have the GOODS. I was worried about the strength of their evidence, but not any more.

I hope the FBI nails this guy to the wall.

by Anonymousreply 138February 21, 2019 4:10 PM

Victimhood Chic= Whereby the coveted status of being a perpetual victim induces narcissistic assholes to fake victimization for personal gains and attention. It's time the Left put its hierarchy of victimhood out to pasture to prevent future Jussies.

by Anonymousreply 139February 21, 2019 4:10 PM

Another reason I hate him is Peter Tork died and that sweet soul, is having to take a backseat because it's once again all about Jussie. FUCK YOU JUSSIE!

by Anonymousreply 140February 21, 2019 4:11 PM

R81 pretty good facial symmetry though.

by Anonymousreply 141February 21, 2019 4:11 PM

Rafer Weigel sounds like a sex act.....and it sounds like it would be fun....especially with the Nigerian Bros.

by Anonymousreply 142February 21, 2019 4:12 PM

R139, he's the best of all possible victims. He's an *intersectional* victim!

One who "goes hard against 45"!

by Anonymousreply 143February 21, 2019 4:12 PM

His career is over.

by Anonymousreply 144February 21, 2019 4:12 PM

[quote] Trump is having a total lunching fest on Smollett today

And is entitled to the feast, since Jussie based the entire scam on blaming white men in MAGA hats.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 145February 21, 2019 4:14 PM

R144, that's what they said about Sharpton after the Tawana Brawley hoax. Yet today his ghoulish, shrivelled face is everywhere.

Of course, Sharpton is clever and slick. Jussie's, well.... Jussie's an idiot.

by Anonymousreply 146February 21, 2019 4:16 PM

Trump is entitled to shit and that's all he'll be lunching on.

If there is a God, these two will have to share a cell.

by Anonymousreply 147February 21, 2019 4:17 PM

I never knew that Jussie was this fucking stupid. Whatever he was making, he was overpaid. I hope he has to pay every cent back to the Chicago PD. What an idiot.

by Anonymousreply 148February 21, 2019 4:17 PM

R131 he ain’t scared for YOU, boo.

by Anonymousreply 149February 21, 2019 4:20 PM

r146 And Al is not an actor, he's a professional rabble rouser and the people who are in want of him are not hollywood people who are scrutinized by the and make money off public perception. Also, as vile as Tawana Brawley was, it was not directly attributed to him wanting money.

by Anonymousreply 150February 21, 2019 4:21 PM

R140 Ugh - terrible news. Tork was a real musician who was accused of being an actor playing a musician, while Jussie is an actor reported as being a real victim, but is actually just an actor playing a victim.

by Anonymousreply 151February 21, 2019 4:24 PM

Speaking of the Rev Al, Kamala and lunching...here they are lunching together at this very moment:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 152February 21, 2019 4:28 PM

Jussie will always have a project with me. All this intersectional hate and dicrimination he continues to face is unacceptable. You all haven't seen the last of him.

by Anonymousreply 153February 21, 2019 4:30 PM

Oh god, r152 glad you shared that but ugh. ew, and gross. Today is not the day you dumb bitch.

by Anonymousreply 154February 21, 2019 4:30 PM

Reverend Al looking good. Probably added 20 years to his life by dropping that weight.

by Anonymousreply 155February 21, 2019 4:32 PM

R152 fucking fame whores!! Casual “private” lunch right by the window. She’ll NEVER be President.

by Anonymousreply 156February 21, 2019 4:33 PM

R137 cue scots in glasses

When I wake up, well I know I'll nevah be, I'll nevah be the man this nevah happened too When I go out, yeah I know I'll nevah be I'll nevah be the man of nevah bringin' tuna truth....

by Anonymousreply 157February 21, 2019 4:33 PM

I'd love for an Empire spokesperson to issue the following statement: "Mr. Smollett never approached us for a pay raise."

by Anonymousreply 158February 21, 2019 4:33 PM

[quote]Does he hate his white father?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 159February 21, 2019 4:34 PM

Christ, Al Sharpton is being discussed in, dare I say, a favorable way? At least he is not being mocked too much, and you even said he looks good. He must be thanking Jussie everyday.

by Anonymousreply 160February 21, 2019 4:35 PM

Al S really lost a lot of weight and kept it off!!! Remember him huge in the running suits and the pink curlers in his hair? Lol He’s kept that weight off. He looks svelt now!

by Anonymousreply 161February 21, 2019 4:38 PM

[QUOTE]fucking fame whores!! Casual “private” lunch right by the window.

Where would you prefer them to eat? By the kitchen with the rest of the coloreds?

by Anonymousreply 162February 21, 2019 4:38 PM

[quote]Daddy was here to help transition us into the world... We are blessed enough to be able to help transition him out of the world.

Everybody, please stop using “transition” as a euphemism for death. Thanks.

by Anonymousreply 163February 21, 2019 4:40 PM

R162 surely you’re joking...

“Jussie done this to open a conversation”

by Anonymousreply 164February 21, 2019 4:41 PM

OK, tedious asshole r162. You can go now. *click*

by Anonymousreply 165February 21, 2019 4:41 PM

One of the black news commentators made the point of how vile it was for this little shit to use a noose in his little publicity stunt, knowing the horrible symbolism that carries. That it adds a whole other level of offensiveness for black people..

by Anonymousreply 166February 21, 2019 4:44 PM

Van Jones called it “the fall of an icon,” saying Smollett was “a Jackie Robinson against homophobia in the black community”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 167February 21, 2019 4:44 PM

Good. Now I don’t have to worry about that jerk at R165 replying to me anymore.

The rest of you hating on Reverend Al need to stop. The man’s been an ally for decades and supported gay marriage before many of these so-called Democratic politicians were willing to. So anyone who has a problem with the Rev can go fuck themselves.

by Anonymousreply 168February 21, 2019 4:44 PM

r167 The fall of an icon? Who here honestly had heard about this "Jussie" before these events? Icon? He was barely C-list.

by Anonymousreply 169February 21, 2019 4:49 PM

R168, I don't think you have a clue the trouble and hatred this man stirred up during the Brawley incident. I will hate on him as much as I like, and you can go fuck yourself.

by Anonymousreply 170February 21, 2019 4:50 PM

Jussie should really consider getting on PrEP before heading to prison (if he isn’t already on it).

by Anonymousreply 171February 21, 2019 4:51 PM

Bravo, R170. Those of us who lived in New York at that time remember the horrible damage Sharpton did to race relations and the lives of New Yorkers. R168 needs to educate himself on the Brawley hoax, which Sharpton has never apologized for, and the other illegal and immoral hustles he's pulled in his long history of grifting.

by Anonymousreply 172February 21, 2019 4:52 PM

If I knew those two bodybuilder trainer extra guys I'd pay them $3500 -- but not to beat me up.

by Anonymousreply 173February 21, 2019 4:52 PM

[QUOTE]I don't think you have a clue the trouble and hatred this man stirred up during the Brawley incident. I will hate on him as much as I like, and you can go fuck yourself.

😂 You’re seriously crying about Tawana Brawley in 2019? What are you, a rightwinger? Who gives a shit? The woman was wanted help and Al came to her rescue. It’s not like she and Al conspired together on the hoax. Get the fuck over it already.

by Anonymousreply 174February 21, 2019 4:52 PM

[QUOTE]Those of us who lived in New York at that time remember the horrible damage Sharpton did to race relations and the lives of New Yorkers.

Yeah, race relations in America were really on the up and up before the Tawana Brawley incident. 🙄

by Anonymousreply 175February 21, 2019 4:54 PM

Van Jones needs to dial it back several notches.

by Anonymousreply 176February 21, 2019 4:54 PM

R174 Rev. Al, is that you?

by Anonymousreply 177February 21, 2019 4:55 PM

"The woman wanted help and Al came to her rescue." You're really showing your ignorance, r174.

by Anonymousreply 178February 21, 2019 4:56 PM

[QUOTE]Rev. Al, is that you?

No.

Pat Buchanan, is that you?

by Anonymousreply 179February 21, 2019 4:57 PM

Agree with an earlier poster; he wanted to make Taraji money.

by Anonymousreply 180February 21, 2019 4:57 PM

[QUOTE]You're really showing your ignorance

You’re showing your ignorance in refusing to acknowledge that Al Sharpton has done way more good than bad with his life.

by Anonymousreply 181February 21, 2019 4:58 PM

Al Sharpton also got a bunch of innocent people murdered in Crown Heights. But since they were jews that didn't bother him.

by Anonymousreply 182February 21, 2019 4:59 PM

The CPD is antisemetic,racist and homophobic. Thy are just realizing that Jussie is part Jewsh so they're now saying the motive was money. This s an outrage.

by Anonymousreply 183February 21, 2019 5:00 PM

That's been discussed here R166 many post ago.

by Anonymousreply 184February 21, 2019 5:01 PM

NY Post cover.

Less is more.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 185February 21, 2019 5:02 PM

[quote]Who gives a shit? The woman was wanted help and Al came to her rescue. It’s not like she and Al conspired together on the hoax. Get the fuck over it already.

Stunning stupidity, right here. He absolutely DID collude with that ghetto whore to tell lies to implicate innocent men. And he did it for his own gain. He's a vile and disgusting pig. I hope he's skinny because guilt is eating him alive.

by Anonymousreply 186February 21, 2019 5:04 PM

[QUOTE]Al Sharpton also got a bunch of innocent people murdered in Crown Heights. But since they were jews that didn't bother him.

Bullshit. Al tried to provide an outlet through peaceful protest. He didn’t grab a gun and go shooting up Jewish neighborhoods. The people who rioted and turned to violence did so despite the efforts of activists who wanted no part in that.

by Anonymousreply 187February 21, 2019 5:04 PM

Big Al gets knocked on his ass @ :25

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 188February 21, 2019 5:06 PM

We have a Sharpton Troll now.

by Anonymousreply 189February 21, 2019 5:06 PM

[QUOTE]Stunning stupidity, right here. He absolutely DID collude with that ghetto whore to tell lies to implicate innocent men.

That “ghetto whore,” eh? Now we can see where your ilk is coming from.

by Anonymousreply 190February 21, 2019 5:07 PM

Anyway, back to Jussie ...

by Anonymousreply 191February 21, 2019 5:07 PM

Actually r174, Al was in on the hoax. Anyone who is interested and likes Joyce Carol Oates should read this book, it's great. That's what makes his coming out against Jussie even better.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 192February 21, 2019 5:07 PM

How long before the SJW “FREE JUSSIE” movement starts?

by Anonymousreply 193February 21, 2019 5:08 PM

It is well known what she was, R190.

by Anonymousreply 194February 21, 2019 5:08 PM

R161, Al Sharpton lost weight and kept it off by eating almost-vegan diet, he eats one egg with salad for lunch every day and eats fish once a week on weekends. Very similar to vegan diet that Penn Jillette lost and kept weight off. Seems like only diets like these are able to let huge fatties keep the weight off long-term.

by Anonymousreply 195February 21, 2019 5:10 PM

The FREE (insert celebration name here) petitions are typically started by celebrities. I doubt any celebrity will stick their neck out for him now.

by Anonymousreply 196February 21, 2019 5:11 PM

It's the extreme diets (keto, vegan, etc.) that seem to work best for people with serious weight problems. I think "one little dessert every few days" or other forms of moderation are just too tempting for some people.

by Anonymousreply 197February 21, 2019 5:12 PM

Poor dumb Kamila committing presidential suicide @ R152. LOL. Getting hoax lessons from the master hoaxter.

by Anonymousreply 198February 21, 2019 5:12 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 199February 21, 2019 5:14 PM

FFS, Al Sharpton is a legendary race-baiter and shit-stirrer. He's worse than a parody of an ambulance-chasing attorney. He made his name and fortune on the backs of poor AAs whom he used to further his fucking career. He has caused irreparable damage to race relations in NY.

R195, I'm surprised he has kept the weight off all of the years but the only reason he lost the fucking weight in the first place was because the attention whore staged a hunger strike in jail in order to garner media attention for another one of his bullshit causes.

by Anonymousreply 200February 21, 2019 5:16 PM

Will Jussie threads outnumber Shawn Mendes and Dylan Geick?

by Anonymousreply 201February 21, 2019 5:16 PM

It's not easy to find, but a reporter named Robert McFadden wrote a very good fact-based account called "Outrage: The Story Behind the Tawana Brawley Hoax" that's well worth tracking down.

by Anonymousreply 202February 21, 2019 5:17 PM

Will he get special treatment in prison because he's pretty and has a nice cock?

by Anonymousreply 203February 21, 2019 5:18 PM

Some idiot says, "and even if it was a hoax, calling it fake news is bs!" Um, what? I think this is the epitome of fake news. Fake noose.

by Anonymousreply 204February 21, 2019 5:18 PM

R152, oh Lord. That picture screams, "THIS IS A STAGED PHOTO OP!" I mean, try to be a little more subtle, Kamala. How can she be this bad at being a candidate so early?

by Anonymousreply 205February 21, 2019 5:19 PM

[quote]Will he get special treatment in prison because he's pretty and has a nice cock?

I’m pretty sure he’s shooting for women’s prison, which is 90% lesbian. More news to come.

by Anonymousreply 206February 21, 2019 5:20 PM

[quote]Fox would give him a raise in order to keep him on Empire so that Fox could virtue signal to the media how woke they are

Fox doesn't "virtue signal." They dogwhistle, always on their news and even in some of their programming.

by Anonymousreply 207February 21, 2019 5:21 PM

FREE JUSSIE!

by Anonymousreply 208February 21, 2019 5:22 PM

Harris was my choice but seeing her with Sharpton, I just can't.

by Anonymousreply 209February 21, 2019 5:24 PM

Tawana Brawley wasn't a woman. She was 15.

by Anonymousreply 210February 21, 2019 5:24 PM

"I would never be brave enough to do what Jussie did. He put his personal freedom at stake to shine a light into some dark corners that needed cleaning. In a way I'm proud of him. Because it doesn't necessarily matter that this didn't happen, it matters that it could have." This is the kind of shit idiots are saying and that was not Titania McGrath.

by Anonymousreply 211February 21, 2019 5:26 PM

Despite their earlier non-committal statement, the announcement is coming very shortly from Fox that Ms. Smollett is being released from her Empire contract. Things be moving fast there. Trust mother kiddies.

by Anonymousreply 212February 21, 2019 5:26 PM

Not even a woman. Not very much more than a child.

by Anonymousreply 213February 21, 2019 5:26 PM

[QUOTE]Harris was my choice but seeing her with Sharpton, I just can't.

😂 Yeah, right.

by Anonymousreply 214February 21, 2019 5:26 PM

[quote]Al Sharpton lost weight and kept it off by eating almost-vegan diet, he eats one egg with salad for lunch every day and eats fish once a week on weekends. Very similar to vegan diet that Penn Jillette lost and kept weight off. Seems like only diets like these are able to let huge fatties keep the weight off long-term.

This isn't a vegan diet. Not even close.

by Anonymousreply 215February 21, 2019 5:27 PM

Juss must have been ecstatic at the initial reaction to the incident, imagine.

by Anonymousreply 216February 21, 2019 5:27 PM

[quote] That picture screams, "THIS IS A STAGED PHOTO OP!" I mean, try to be a little more subtle, Kamala. How can she be this bad at being a candidate so early?

no wonder Kamala's father is so shamed by her

by Anonymousreply 217February 21, 2019 5:27 PM

[quote]Whereby the coveted status of being a perpetual victim induces narcissistic assholes to fake victimization for personal gains and attention. It's time the Left put its hierarchy of victimhood out to pasture to prevent future Jussies.

Let's not pretend that the rightwingers aren't 100% about faux victimhood status. It's 24/7 complaining about how "real Americans" are being victimized by gays threatening "real" marriage, immigrants stealin' their jorbs, LIEberals shutting down coal plants with their lies about the climate, and Christians being persecuted as their religion is BANNED BANNED BANNED especially at Christmas!

by Anonymousreply 218February 21, 2019 5:28 PM

I went in search of The Big Bang Theory cast's photo in support of Jussie and it has been removed. LOL. Maybe they should run for POTUS since they seem to have more sense than Kamala when it comes to removing "oh, shit, I was wrong to defend this creep." social media posts.

by Anonymousreply 219February 21, 2019 5:28 PM

Is it really because of a vegan diet or did he get the lap band surgery?

by Anonymousreply 220February 21, 2019 5:29 PM

Repugs are in heaven.

“Jussie Smollett’s legal team asked that the “Empire” actor be given the “presumption of innocence” after he was charged with faking his own hate attack, but one columnist pointed out that the star had no problem rushing to judgment during the confirmation of then-Supreme Court nominee Judge Brett Kavanaugh.”

by Anonymousreply 221February 21, 2019 5:30 PM

Tawana Brawley was a troubled teenager who ran off to party and got scared that she would get hit again, so she made a stupid mistake that adults and the media exploited for their various agendas.

Jussie Smollett is a grown ass man with plenty of money, fame and influence who apparently faked a very similar hate crime just to get a raise.

Not all that comparable.

by Anonymousreply 222February 21, 2019 5:30 PM

* got scared that she would get hit again when she returned home

by Anonymousreply 223February 21, 2019 5:32 PM

Kamala needs to fire her fucking handlers. They are directing the tone deaf moves that are supposed to come off as relatable, but do the opposite. That question about her Jussie tweet. JFC, wasn't this woman a prosecuter? She couldn't think on her feet and come out with a decent response? I think that very public dressing down from her father was a warning shot off the bow that she needs to shape up, and get serious. She is being way too loosey-goosey and it's just not a good look. This photo with Al was so dumb on so many levels. That it looked staged as fucked was just the cherry.

by Anonymousreply 224February 21, 2019 5:32 PM

R221, I always laugh a little when anyone trots out that "presumed innocent till proven guilty" "presumption of innocence" shit. That applies to a court of law. It applies to jurors.

It does not apply to your aunt Lucy 17 states away from the alleged crime, chatting at the kitchen table. She and her friends -- and anyone who's not going to be on the jury -- are free to presume guilt if they want.

by Anonymousreply 225February 21, 2019 5:33 PM

Apparently this is a low level felony and could possibly be plead down to a misdemeanor, per guest on MSNBC.

by Anonymousreply 226February 21, 2019 5:34 PM

Has Jussie ever had a bf?

by Anonymousreply 227February 21, 2019 5:34 PM

R226, I would assume federal charges are pending.

by Anonymousreply 228February 21, 2019 5:35 PM

R228 pending on what?

by Anonymousreply 229February 21, 2019 5:36 PM

The guest was Maya Wiley. R228 I said earlier that is where he will probably get jail time.

by Anonymousreply 230February 21, 2019 5:36 PM

“I’m an advocate.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 231February 21, 2019 5:37 PM

I'm sure it's the white in Jussie that made him act wrong. So this really is a race crime. He was betrayed. How do we free Jussie from his white oppressor?

by Anonymousreply 232February 21, 2019 5:37 PM

R228 CATCH UP! The fucking letter is under the auspices of the Feds. THAT is where Jussie is likely truly fucked.

by Anonymousreply 233February 21, 2019 5:38 PM

R226 He probably has federal charges coming as the Chicago police Superintendent said during the news conference that Jussie sent the letter to himself

by Anonymousreply 234February 21, 2019 5:39 PM

R232, I have an idea.

by Anonymousreply 235February 21, 2019 5:39 PM

[quote] I went in search of The Big Bang Theory cast's photo in support of Jussie and it has been removed

I see it has been removed from Instagram, BUT the internet has many nooks and crannies.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 236February 21, 2019 5:40 PM

NO WAY should prosecutor MAGAts let this plea down to a misdemeanor. He's a FELON! Let the punishment fit the crime for once!

And let the right wing pit bull commentators snap at his ass as long as they want! He's GUILTY!!!

And I hope Chicago hands him a BIG ASS bill for their services. And whatever happened to Geragos? I think he took one look at this stink bomb and headed for the greener pastures.

by Anonymousreply 237February 21, 2019 5:40 PM

All they need to do is insert "were stupid to" on that sign, and they're good to go!

by Anonymousreply 238February 21, 2019 5:41 PM

Once again, this massive cunt was willing to put two innocent white men in prison because HE WANTED A RAISE!.

by Anonymousreply 239February 21, 2019 5:41 PM

Let’s remember him when he was at his pinnacle and not the sad and despised figure he is today. His fall from grace is indeed Shakespearean. And the lyrics to this song take on brand new meaning. Fall on your face indeed, Jussie.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 240February 21, 2019 5:42 PM

Let's be thankful his autotuned recording career is ovah

by Anonymousreply 241February 21, 2019 5:45 PM

It would be instructive to locate the first of these threads and count the number of skeptics vs. number of Jussie's Fanz.

(I was the one who called Jussie "the NEW Aimee Semple McPherson" on the first thread).

by Anonymousreply 242February 21, 2019 5:45 PM

[quote]NO WAY should prosecutor MAGAts let this plea down to a misdemeanor. He's a FELON! Let the punishment fit the crime for once!

I'm kind of hoping he gets off easy just because it'll so much fun watching the meltdowns that will happen on DL.

by Anonymousreply 243February 21, 2019 5:45 PM

R225, is she also Cousin Lucy to anyone? Because if she is, I've got "some" for her.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 244February 21, 2019 5:46 PM

When you use the U.S. Postal Service in the commission of a crime or a fraud, it gives the FBI and the investigative arm of the U.S. Postal Service jurisdiction.

So many of those mafia convictions in the past few decades were attributable to the use of the mails - the federal RICO statute brings mail fraud within its ambit.

by Anonymousreply 245February 21, 2019 5:47 PM

Yeah r243, he should totally get off easy even though he was willing to start a fucking race war and have two people imprisoned, and he will, he will flip on those brothers, all because he wanted more than 65k a month. He should get off easy though, just to spite everyone who is rightfully calling for his head. Fuck you, you are the problem with the victim cultures and the bitter motherfuckers who want bad to happen just to spite someone else.

by Anonymousreply 246February 21, 2019 5:50 PM

Are the people smiling in R236's TBBT pic the ones who thought it might be a hoax?

by Anonymousreply 247February 21, 2019 5:50 PM

R209 This is a huge shock to you that Kamala would be bffs with Rev Al? Really?

by Anonymousreply 248February 21, 2019 5:50 PM

R242, I refrained from posting about my thoughts on Jussie early on because I didn't want to be FF'd or blocked from posting. I wonder how many others worried about the same thing.

by Anonymousreply 249February 21, 2019 5:51 PM

R325 LOL

by Anonymousreply 250February 21, 2019 5:53 PM

I meant 235 LOL

by Anonymousreply 251February 21, 2019 5:53 PM

has a mugshot been released yet?

by Anonymousreply 252February 21, 2019 5:53 PM

R242 Have at it if you're up for it. It would be interesting to see who chimed in and on what side.

by Anonymousreply 253February 21, 2019 5:53 PM

R235 LOL

by Anonymousreply 254February 21, 2019 5:53 PM

R249, can't you just clear your cookies to be "unblocked"?

by Anonymousreply 255February 21, 2019 5:54 PM

R246, $60k per episode, not per month...

by Anonymousreply 256February 21, 2019 5:55 PM

18 episodes a season.

by Anonymousreply 257February 21, 2019 5:57 PM

Right r256, but let's be generous and say per month since there are 18 episodes, at any rate, he's fucking overpaid already.

by Anonymousreply 258February 21, 2019 5:58 PM

r222 and others, I don't think anyone here is going after Tawana Brawley. The real villains of the piece were her despicable, grasping parents; The Reverend Al; and Mason and Maddox, the two lawyers he aligned himself with--they all used Tawana and her story (which of course they knew to be a lie) for their own financial and personal gain.

by Anonymousreply 259February 21, 2019 5:58 PM

I actually half agree with those calling our big names for supporting Jussie. We should all rally behind those who claim to be survivors of hate crimes, and I don't think those big name stars who did should apologize.

The Billy Eichners who called for violence against Trump supporters should definitely apologize. We have enough hate as it is and we don't need to become divided even more.

by Anonymousreply 260February 21, 2019 5:59 PM

R51 This is the first time I saw him performing music outside of Empire and that video seems heavily influenced by Michael Jackson in style, storyline and especially dancing. Also, in one of the earlier threads someone posted the opening credits for the Smollett family sitcom and I noticed a similarity to some of the dancing to MJ’s Black or White video.....very interesting if he is an MJ Superman because that would explain a lot - especially his deny deny deny stance.

by Anonymousreply 261February 21, 2019 6:00 PM

[quote]Also, in one of the earlier threads someone posted the opening credits for the Smollett family sitcom

You remember that?

by Anonymousreply 262February 21, 2019 6:02 PM

So they have records of the many calls he made to the bros both before and after the crime. They also have the check he wrote. Anyone wanna bet that the memo outright says: "for help in staging a fake hate crime" or something?

by Anonymousreply 263February 21, 2019 6:07 PM

R263 wouldn't that be a little obvious?

by Anonymousreply 264February 21, 2019 6:09 PM

Lost in the fray is that the cops apparently have proof that Jussipoo sent that fake letter to himself? If so federal charges are coming soon.

by Anonymousreply 265February 21, 2019 6:10 PM

[quote] It would be instructive to locate the first of these threads and count the number of skeptics vs. number of Jussie's Fanz.

I think this was the initial thread. r 2 "Fake news" was the first skeptic but most posters are like this "These crackers want the 1950s back sooo bad"

My first skeptical post is 220 but i liked my next post 339 more.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 266February 21, 2019 6:12 PM

[quote]Let’s remember him when he was at his pinnacle and not the sad and despised figure he is today. His fall from grace is indeed Shakespearean.

A Winter’s Tail, Qween Leer, Two Gentlemen From Nigeria, The Merchant of Subway, Lynch Labour’s Lost, Ass: You Like It, Othello...

by Anonymousreply 267February 21, 2019 6:12 PM

R266, how do you know which posts are yours without scrolling through them?

by Anonymousreply 268February 21, 2019 6:13 PM

"This stunt is dangerous to actual victims of assault, which does happen, mostly to trans women and trans men of colour."

by Anonymousreply 269February 21, 2019 6:13 PM

[quote]Lost in the fray is that the cops apparently have proof that Jussipoo sent that fake letter to himself?

How is that "lost in the fray" when it's only been mentioned about 85,000 times?

by Anonymousreply 270February 21, 2019 6:14 PM

R267 LOL

by Anonymousreply 271February 21, 2019 6:15 PM

On CNN: cops interviewed 100 people, served 50 search warrants and looked at 24 cctv cameras in this investigation.

by Anonymousreply 272February 21, 2019 6:15 PM

[R267]

Don't forget "A Midsummer's Night Salad".

by Anonymousreply 273February 21, 2019 6:15 PM

Carry Y'all's Anus.

Macbeef.

Tight Ass Andronick Ass.

by Anonymousreply 274February 21, 2019 6:17 PM

Another pic of the Kamala and Al breakfast...very obviously staged:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 275February 21, 2019 6:18 PM

"Once around the garden, forever dragged through the mud: The salad of Jussie Smollett"

by Anonymousreply 276February 21, 2019 6:19 PM

Much Ado About Tuna

by Anonymousreply 277February 21, 2019 6:19 PM

Hi pet salad at r267 You haven't been forgotten (um, well...), I promise the next thread we will do Lettuce Prey for the title, unless anyone has any objections. R267 Thinking "The Merchant of Subway" needs to go on the list for upcoming threads.

by Anonymousreply 278February 21, 2019 6:20 PM

[quote] IQ of a pill bug

Excuse my IQ, but what is a pill bug?

by Anonymousreply 279February 21, 2019 6:21 PM

[quote] Another pic of the Kamala and Al breakfast...very obviously staged:

She's become a huge stunt queen in this scandal.

by Anonymousreply 280February 21, 2019 6:21 PM

Yes r277! Yes! Oh god!

by Anonymousreply 281February 21, 2019 6:22 PM

I'm sorry I think Al Sharpton looks like shit-- just a big head and jowly face-- some people look better fat!!

by Anonymousreply 282February 21, 2019 6:22 PM

WHERE THE FUCK IS ROB ELGAS' SHIRTLESS PHOTO???

by Anonymousreply 283February 21, 2019 6:22 PM

“Which tweet? I mean, which lunch? I mean, where’s my HANDLER?”

by Anonymousreply 284February 21, 2019 6:24 PM

R282 LOL! I was just thinking he reminds me of the animated dogs in those '40s Merrie Melodies cartoons.

by Anonymousreply 285February 21, 2019 6:26 PM

R279 they are small

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 286February 21, 2019 6:29 PM

R270 Of course it’s been speculated from the start that he sent the letter to himself but this is the first I’ve heard it being referred to as a fact, and from the CPB Superintendent himself.

by Anonymousreply 287February 21, 2019 6:30 PM

[quote]WHERE THE FUCK IS ROB ELGAS' SHIRTLESS PHOTO?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 288February 21, 2019 6:33 PM

Brroke Baldwin calling out Booker and Harris for jumping on the bandwagon right from the start and playing soundbites of them squirming now when questioned about it. Kamala’s stammering “Um...uhh...” response is a priceless.

by Anonymousreply 289February 21, 2019 6:35 PM

I cannot and will not support Kamala anymore after that photo. It's all about Bernie now.

What's that you say?

Oh.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 290February 21, 2019 6:35 PM

How about some play on Shakespeare quotes as well:

"The drama queen doth protest too much, methinks."

"Blow, blow, thou Chicago wind! Thou art not so unkind as his ingratitude."

by Anonymousreply 291February 21, 2019 6:36 PM

R289 I have to say, If I was her opponent. I would make that a huge meme, and just hammer her with it. It really was BAD. And not even in the context of Jackass Jussie, but ANY fucking question thrown her way, given her background, she should have been able to field with more aplomb.

by Anonymousreply 292February 21, 2019 6:38 PM

Jussie ought to go full wackjob and claim (undiagnosed by any professional, of course!) Dissociative Disorder, then say that one of his seven personalities is a white, MAGA-er Nazi who hired the brothers and sent him the letter.

At this point, he should get creative so they'd consider housing him in the mental ward for half the time, instead of a full sentence at a federal penitentiary.

by Anonymousreply 293February 21, 2019 6:42 PM

NEW: Our @leahhopeABC7 is in court and says Jussie Smollett is standing before a judge.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 294February 21, 2019 6:42 PM

So far I have:

Lettuce Prey (which I kind of promised r 481 Pt 9)

The Merchant of Subway

Much Ado About Tuna.

Lemme know. Again, I'm sorry R9 a last minute vote tipped it from sandwich to sammich.

by Anonymousreply 295February 21, 2019 6:43 PM

R295 Dial M For MAGA

by Anonymousreply 296February 21, 2019 6:44 PM

Bond time!!!!!!!!!!! Wow, they kept him in for a lot longer than I thought they would.

by Anonymousreply 297February 21, 2019 6:44 PM

R292, the memes will practically write themselves.

Which deficit? What deficit?

Which Putin? What Putin?

Which taxes? What taxes?

Which emergency? What emergency?

Which disaster? What disaster?

Kamala is done.

by Anonymousreply 298February 21, 2019 6:44 PM

Part 12 should be “The Nigerian twins spilled (on my butt”.

by Anonymousreply 299February 21, 2019 6:45 PM

Smollett led into court, wearing black winter jacket, hands clasped behind his back. His supporters take to their feet, per the usual ritual for backers and family in bond court.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 300February 21, 2019 6:45 PM

Who's the new dude?

Hah, in one of the replies someone asks if one of the family present is the brother he tried to frame for a DUI

by Anonymousreply 301February 21, 2019 6:48 PM

r295 don't forget " A modern day lunching" and "Fake news/fake noose"

by Anonymousreply 302February 21, 2019 6:51 PM

Chicago police announced just before 8 p.m. that Smollett was being charged with faking his own attack, prompting Fox News and CNN to cover the story heavily for the remainder of the evening.

But a review by The Hill of all four MSNBC programs from 8 p.m. to midnight showed no coverage of the Smollett story.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 303February 21, 2019 6:53 PM

They’re reading text messages between Jussie and the bros in court right now, and Jussie seems ‘upset.’

by Anonymousreply 304February 21, 2019 6:53 PM

Please don't "help" us, Scarlett.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 305February 21, 2019 6:54 PM

Observation: CNN is devoting a lot of time to covering this while MSNBC is trying hard to ignore it. Must be quite painful for them.

by Anonymousreply 306February 21, 2019 6:55 PM

A Midwinter's Night Tuna Sub.

by Anonymousreply 307February 21, 2019 6:55 PM

I'd say I can't believe they were all dumb enough to text each other about this planned attack, but we established long ago they aren't very smart.

by Anonymousreply 308February 21, 2019 6:56 PM

MSNBC has been covering this R306. CNN is more all around news whereas MSNBC is mostly political news.

by Anonymousreply 309February 21, 2019 6:57 PM

Many thanks and noted for future r302! If you have the R credits please let me know, or are they both yours?

by Anonymousreply 310February 21, 2019 6:58 PM

MSNBC doesn't want to deny Jussie's truth

by Anonymousreply 311February 21, 2019 6:59 PM

r310 they are mine, I was kind of kidding but feel free to use them!

by Anonymousreply 312February 21, 2019 7:00 PM

I have a question that I haven't seen answered yet. I don't watch the show, but is Jussie's character involved in an active storyline at the moment? I know they were to begin filming this week to tape the rest of the season. If Jussie has his contract terminated, what choice does the showrunner have at this point? Off-stage death? Actor double? It seems like the best course of action for them would be to immediately recast the part and just film the rest of the episodes with the new actor. I'm sure there are tons of actor-singers just waiting in the wings who could take over (heck - dig up the list of the final choices for "Jamal" and call the runner-up.) Empire is essentially a soap opera and soap operas do that all the time and the audience just does with it.

by Anonymousreply 313February 21, 2019 7:00 PM

[R305]

Scarlet deserves those ears.

by Anonymousreply 314February 21, 2019 7:02 PM

I'm seeing plenty of coverage of this story on MSNBC.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 315February 21, 2019 7:03 PM

“A Modern Day Lunching: The Jussie Smollett Story” would be a superb title for an unauthorized biography as well. Bravo, R302

by Anonymousreply 316February 21, 2019 7:04 PM

*audience just GOES with it

by Anonymousreply 317February 21, 2019 7:04 PM

R313 All I know is that given this latest development (one we all could see from space a week ago), Empire is now figuring out the best way to proceed or some happy bullshit like that.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 318February 21, 2019 7:05 PM

BREAKING: Bond set at $100,000 for Jussie Smollett. He must give up his passport. Pre-trial monitoring. Will be back in court in March. @cbschicago

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 319February 21, 2019 7:06 PM

R313 Do you really think the show will have much more of a life after this shit show?

'Empire', you in trouble, girl'.

by Anonymousreply 320February 21, 2019 7:07 PM

[quote] a review by The Hill of all four MSNBC programs from 8 p.m. to midnight showed no coverage of the Smollett story.

Can't spare the time from the primetime propaganda shows

Likewise I've seen no new comments from Ellen Page, though her rant on Colbert has 1.5 million views

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 321February 21, 2019 7:07 PM

Obviously a "flighty risk."

by Anonymousreply 322February 21, 2019 7:08 PM

Oh Ellen, you were born for bangs darling.

by Anonymousreply 323February 21, 2019 7:08 PM

Why should MSNBC cover this story? Even when he was the victim, they didn’t cover it much on MSNBC primetime. They’re focused on the Orange Menace, and rightfully so.

by Anonymousreply 324February 21, 2019 7:09 PM

Apparently he’ll be returning later today to the set of Empire. Per @nickwattcnn

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 325February 21, 2019 7:09 PM

You’re probably right, R320. Although I think a very keen and shrewd producer could spin something up to make it “must-watch” television from all this. Like, casting a well-known singer in the role as a stunt casting thing.

Maybe they should approach Jurnee Smollett and say that Jamal transitioned off-screen.

by Anonymousreply 326February 21, 2019 7:10 PM

So does he have to cough up the 100k in his case or only 10 percent of that like us poors using a bondsman?

by Anonymousreply 327February 21, 2019 7:10 PM

R325 Holy fuck. So this shitstain is just going to head back on over to work, no big deal?

by Anonymousreply 328February 21, 2019 7:11 PM

Dying laughing at this poor maroon. It didn’t occur to him that the cops would get those texts? Idiot.

by Anonymousreply 329February 21, 2019 7:12 PM

Here is the proffer that was red in court in Jussie Smollett case. @cbschicago

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 330February 21, 2019 7:13 PM

Our Boo answered my question re: bond. He only has to pay 10%

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 331February 21, 2019 7:14 PM

R321 That aged like fine milk.

I get that many people believed the story from the get go, people have different experiences that shape their views. What I found unpalatable was celebs opining not on why they believe him, but lecturing you on why you should believe him, or why using the word alleged is akin to a hate crime.

by Anonymousreply 332February 21, 2019 7:15 PM

Oh dang, drugs enter the Jussie story

by Anonymousreply 333February 21, 2019 7:16 PM

That proffer is a must read. Jussie likes his Molly.

by Anonymousreply 334February 21, 2019 7:17 PM

What's "pre-trial monitoring" mean? Ankle bracelet? Have to check in with a cop?

And apparently this is going to GO TO TRIAL, meaning it has not been pled down to a misdemeanor?

And I have to say - one of the best things to come out of this situation is that photo of OUR BOO!!

by Anonymousreply 335February 21, 2019 7:17 PM

Yashar Ali:

Illinois State Prosecutor: Smollett texted one of the brothers and said "might need your help on the low...you available to meet face to face?"

Smollett told one of the brothers that he was upset with the lack of response after he received a threatening letter in the mail. And asked him to help stage an attack.

by Anonymousreply 336February 21, 2019 7:17 PM

Any sex?

by Anonymousreply 337February 21, 2019 7:18 PM

R335 Do you really think at this early stage they would have plead?

by Anonymousreply 338February 21, 2019 7:19 PM

"Attack me but don't hurt me too badly", that sure sounds like Jussie!

by Anonymousreply 339February 21, 2019 7:19 PM

Am I supposed to feel sympathy for poor mistreated and upset Jussie now?

by Anonymousreply 340February 21, 2019 7:19 PM

according to the bond proffer, the brothers are born in the US "with Nigerian decent".

I need to know what was decent.

by Anonymousreply 341February 21, 2019 7:20 PM

Yashar again:

The evidence the Illinois State Prosecutor is revealing right now places him directly in the middle of this conspiracy.

BTW State Prosecutor said that Smollett intentionally backdated the check to the brothers.

by Anonymousreply 342February 21, 2019 7:20 PM

[quote] Jussie likes his Molly.

Those reports that the Nigerians ran a "party supply store" were true then.

by Anonymousreply 343February 21, 2019 7:21 PM

[or why using the word alleged is akin to a hate crime.]

I must have missed the people saying this. And I'm glad I did. Idiots.

by Anonymousreply 344February 21, 2019 7:22 PM

Today on Wendy, Finesse Mitchell said that they should have known the story was sketchy when the brothers were caught on video buying ski masks - because "Nigerians DON'T SKI!!!" hahahaha

And Wendy's coming back March 5th!!

by Anonymousreply 345February 21, 2019 7:23 PM

Wow, Risa Lanier the Cook County State Attorney is mad as hell! Smollett's gonna get the book thrown at him. She is dripping with contempt for the little shit.

by Anonymousreply 346February 21, 2019 7:23 PM

Prosecutors cite the Good Morning American interview where Jussie Smollett indicated he was positive the brothers seen in surveillance video were his attackers.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 347February 21, 2019 7:25 PM

R347 The interview that Jussie INSISTED on doing. God he's a fucking disaster. AND I AM HERE FOR IT.

by Anonymousreply 348February 21, 2019 7:26 PM

I don't know who the Cook County official is who's reading the very, very detailed proffer, but my God the cops/investigators/State's Attorney's office have every minute detail and every second covered.

by Anonymousreply 349February 21, 2019 7:27 PM

#Smollett glared at the ASA in the courtroom as she read the evidence against him. She is outside the courtroom reading it now live on @fox32news

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 350February 21, 2019 7:28 PM

Well Geragos is looking dumber and dumber with his stunt on CNN the other night.

by Anonymousreply 351February 21, 2019 7:28 PM

what was the geragos stunt?

by Anonymousreply 352February 21, 2019 7:29 PM

Backdating checks? Obstruction of Jussie!

by Anonymousreply 353February 21, 2019 7:29 PM

NOT THE MOLLY GURLLL!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 354February 21, 2019 7:30 PM

Smollett's family is now gathered in the courthouse lobby. Unclear if they will speak to the media.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 355February 21, 2019 7:31 PM

R355 even Celebrity Icon Journey Smalltit?

by Anonymousreply 356February 21, 2019 7:32 PM

He glared at the ASA? No entitlement there. God, he just digs further and futher.

Revoke this bastard's bond on that alone.

Nope he's just going to go to work, business as usual. Maybe enjoy a tuna sub at the Craft Services table.

by Anonymousreply 357February 21, 2019 7:32 PM

It is beyond belief that Mr. Smollett's African/American Nigerian co-conspirators "ran" a party supply business.

by Anonymousreply 358February 21, 2019 7:32 PM

What is an ASA?

by Anonymousreply 359February 21, 2019 7:34 PM

Jussie Smollett's attorneys left the courthouse with no comment.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 360February 21, 2019 7:36 PM

Assistant State's Attorney r359 There is also a "Google", just FYI. It's new, give it a whirl sometime

by Anonymousreply 361February 21, 2019 7:36 PM

The family looked like idiots, all clustered together with their sunglasses on inside the building. When they turned back and walked in the opposite direction of the cameras the CNN reporter said the press had been assured there would be no special treatment for them...

Oops. And there they go, past the cameras and out the door.

The CNN guy was speculating that they had wanted to leave via a private door, but he didn't think they'd be allowed to. And they weren't.

by Anonymousreply 362February 21, 2019 7:37 PM

Smollett Family: all tryin' to be all biggity!

by Anonymousreply 363February 21, 2019 7:41 PM

I did, R361, and that definition did not come up which is why I quickly asked here.

Are you always such an asshole?

by Anonymousreply 364February 21, 2019 7:41 PM

Yes R364, it's not just you, I promise. Equal opportunity asshole here.

by Anonymousreply 365February 21, 2019 7:42 PM

He looks so angry in his mug. Why does he have so much anger? Is it the molly?

by Anonymousreply 366February 21, 2019 7:43 PM

R289

This is why the incomparable DL reigns supreme.

by Anonymousreply 367February 21, 2019 7:43 PM

Does molly make people stupid?

by Anonymousreply 368February 21, 2019 7:44 PM

So little doucher is also a druggie. Does molly make you crazy? Could explain a lot.

by Anonymousreply 369February 21, 2019 7:45 PM

Spoiled douchebag who jeopardized real hate crimes cases for a bump in salary. He's an absolute vile prick. I'm a Sanders supporting almost SJW and I hope he loses everything. If you can't see the real damage he is doing you're an enabler. Yes, CPD has uses brutal measures against black folks. That is not equal to some marginally talented actor MAKING $65,000 AN EPISODE, the right to lie to increase his own wealth. I hope he falls down a well.

by Anonymousreply 370February 21, 2019 7:45 PM

Sorry meant R275

This is why the incomparable DL reigns supreme

by Anonymousreply 371February 21, 2019 7:45 PM

Smollett family also left courthouse without comment. They were surrounded by a huge group of cameras and reporters as they got in a white van. Now they are waiting for Jussie Smollett to bond out.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 372February 21, 2019 7:45 PM

Where was his nice Jewish father that wrote that angry letter that Jussie read outloud that needed to be bleeped on air? I take it that his father actually wrote it and it wasn't another one of Jussie's handy works.

by Anonymousreply 373February 21, 2019 7:47 PM

When Michael Jackson had to go to court he surrounded himself with Nation of Islam guards. Can Jussie still afford them ?

by Anonymousreply 374February 21, 2019 7:47 PM

Nonstop coverage on MSNBC for the last 30 minutes. Jeeze. Editor in chief of the Advocate is on talking endlessly.

by Anonymousreply 375February 21, 2019 7:48 PM

I can picture JS on Molly, watching old episodes of On Our Own, and regressing back to his sitcom life, ala Bojack Horseman.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 376February 21, 2019 7:48 PM

How funny that he had the wherewithal to back date the checks and then was all willy-nilly in phoning and texting them. So his backdating the checks makes it look pre-meditated. And of course drugs were mentioned, they will make sure that trying to get his sentence commuted to rehab, fines, and community service. Maybe a "the more you know" psa. "Hi, did you know that faking hate crimes can hurt REAL victims? "

by Anonymousreply 377February 21, 2019 7:49 PM

I really believe R377 he thought the police would take his word concerning his phone records.

by Anonymousreply 378February 21, 2019 7:51 PM

This is really disappointing. I supported this man, and not because I’m stupid, but because I’ve lived long enough to meet people from many different walks of life, who have indeed, suffered in ways that I will never truly appreciate, due to being born at a different time and in a different place.

The painful truth is that America’s very recent history is marred with acts of violence toward minorities, and because of our recent sociopolitical climate, what Jussie claimed happened to him, was not out of the realm of possibility.

I have nothing else to say. Jussie fucked up, big time, however, his actions in no way erase any of the actual real and true shit gay men and women, or people of color, have to put up with regularly.

Jussie Smollet in no way whatsoever, makes a racist, less racist, or a homophobe, less homophobic.

by Anonymousreply 379February 21, 2019 7:52 PM

Chris Brown is another molly user. He is probably thrilled that he is no longer the most hated light skinned black man in America!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 380February 21, 2019 7:52 PM

What r373? I am at work and can't watch anything. But I know his dad is dead so...

by Anonymousreply 381February 21, 2019 7:54 PM

R373 His dad died some time ago. (Or faked his death which I would if I was attached to this shit show of a "family")

by Anonymousreply 382February 21, 2019 7:54 PM

Why hasn’t Empire put him on “administrative leave” until this trial is over and they can fire him? When Rosanne tweeted about Valerie she was let go hours later. Even after profusely apologizing. She basically was begging to keep her job and keep the show intact. No one gave a shit and she was done.

Yet this guy - who could have cause a lot more damage than rosanne with this hoax of a story is going back to work? That’s is so messed up:

Empire can fuck right off , as can the rest of Hollywood.

by Anonymousreply 383February 21, 2019 7:56 PM

Oh thanks asshole at R361... here is my google search:

American Society of Anesthesiologists (ASA)

by Anonymousreply 384February 21, 2019 7:56 PM

His bail is going to be paid with a check whose memo says "Letting me out so I can flee the country".

by Anonymousreply 385February 21, 2019 7:57 PM

What sucks is that his "supporters" are making this about whites hating blacks-- WTF!!!!

by Anonymousreply 386February 21, 2019 7:59 PM

If he’s not let go, all this does is create more division. But, that’s what’s wanted. People like division. It’s what people want. I’m for division because it’s what people want and this may lessen real hate crimes.

by Anonymousreply 387February 21, 2019 8:00 PM

Who could possibly be supporting him now?

by Anonymousreply 388February 21, 2019 8:01 PM

R386, those people are as dumb as Jussie because we believe the 2 black guys who said Jussie staged this.

by Anonymousreply 389February 21, 2019 8:01 PM

I'm so proud of Pelosi deleting her support tweet with no fucks given. It was such a "flicks unworthy bug off shoulder" move.

by Anonymousreply 390February 21, 2019 8:01 PM

[quote]Oh thanks asshole at [R361]... here is my google search: American Society of Anesthesiologists (ASA)

How about using context clues, moron, to figure out for yourself what ASA likely stands for in this instance? Or adding a term such as "courtroom" to your Google search to find the right definition of ASA? It's not r361's fault that you are ignorant and unresourceful.

by Anonymousreply 391February 21, 2019 8:02 PM

R387 Many thought that at first, but it turns out all he wanted was a raise. No division, no wokeness, no "opening a conversation. He just wanted more money. Full stop.

by Anonymousreply 392February 21, 2019 8:03 PM

This is different R383. Roseanne wrote those tweets. With Jussie there has been no trial or conviction. How is it going to look if they fire him before he has had his day in court? Based on what the prosecutors laid out I think they have a very strong case.

by Anonymousreply 393February 21, 2019 8:04 PM

[quote]Kamala has really fucked herself on this one. That video of her acting all dumb when asked about her supportive tweet is apparently unavailable now (but we all saw it).

The Trumpkins apparently really, REALLY don't want to see Trump have to debate Kamala, lol!

(Assuming he hasn't resigned or been impeached by then, I mean -- not a safe assumption.)

by Anonymousreply 394February 21, 2019 8:04 PM

Media outside waiting for #Smollett to come out of the courthouse

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 395February 21, 2019 8:05 PM

I don’t buy that R392. Smollett is exceptionally anti-white.

by Anonymousreply 396February 21, 2019 8:05 PM

Wow, he is getting his attention!!

by Anonymousreply 397February 21, 2019 8:06 PM

Is he seriously going to go film episodes of Empire now after all this?

by Anonymousreply 398February 21, 2019 8:07 PM

I can't believe he let the resentment of a pay disparity build up to this. We have all been there. He clearly has deeper issues and frustrations with himself.

by Anonymousreply 399February 21, 2019 8:07 PM

Just lies on lies on lies. Palm Springs, predominantly gay, predominantly white but now it’s supposedly a “sanctuary city” (I read that here), and it’s probably going to end up a shit hole in 10 years.

by Anonymousreply 400February 21, 2019 8:08 PM

OMG, he couldn't act before, can you imagine how he is going to look on camera trying to play another person... MARY!

by Anonymousreply 401February 21, 2019 8:08 PM

R396 You can buy it or not buy it, but that is what the Police Superintendent said today. Jussie's insane reason for this stunt is that he wanted more money.

by Anonymousreply 402February 21, 2019 8:09 PM

Smollett insisted that his Empire character be paired with a black boyfriend, despite being of mixed heritage himself. Yet he has no trouble claiming “sexual fluidity” and having his character show the same. What a surprise.

I’m still not hearing from the “Chicago PD confirmed it wasn’t a hoax!!!” posters, where are you??? Reality bitten or something?! Frankly it concerns me that people who genuinely believed this story at the outset and/or thought Chicago PD had said it was true are able to vote, drive, take part in human society etc, you’re too stupid to function to be honest.

by Anonymousreply 403February 21, 2019 8:09 PM

The pay issue is a complete lie. It’s so funny hie people still believe this asshole. People learn nothing.

by Anonymousreply 404February 21, 2019 8:09 PM

[quote]Is he seriously going to go film episodes of Empire now after all this?

He's been acting all through this investigation, it cant be that hard for him to show up on set and just continue acting. Nobody knows the real Jussie Smollett!

by Anonymousreply 405February 21, 2019 8:10 PM

I heard on some cable show he did this to get more money per episode. Really? This can’t be the reason.

by Anonymousreply 406February 21, 2019 8:10 PM

The Smollett fam has gone very silent. Where’s your “WE SUPPORT JUSSIE” statement now, assholes?

by Anonymousreply 407February 21, 2019 8:10 PM

Reading the police proffer, Smollet unfortunately didn't text about the attack. There is only circumstantial evidence to support the testimony of the brothers. I think he might try to go for a story about the brothers attacking him of their own accord, however unlikely that story would be.

by Anonymousreply 408February 21, 2019 8:11 PM

I believe the police statement about the outcome of their investigation over this asshole r404 but you do you.

by Anonymousreply 409February 21, 2019 8:11 PM

It’s not R406. He is racist againat whites.

by Anonymousreply 410February 21, 2019 8:11 PM

R407, they even quoted Malcom X is Jussies defense. 🙄

by Anonymousreply 411February 21, 2019 8:11 PM

[quote] I heard on some cable show he did this to get more money per episode. Really? This can’t be the reason.

believe it

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 412February 21, 2019 8:12 PM

He blamed whites for bashing him.

by Anonymousreply 413February 21, 2019 8:12 PM

No, R412. Blocked. Not sure who you are but blocked.

by Anonymousreply 414February 21, 2019 8:13 PM

Courtroom sketch

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 415February 21, 2019 8:13 PM

R47 Hi Titania!! Welcome to DL!

by Anonymousreply 416February 21, 2019 8:15 PM

The courtroom sketch version of Jussie is hotter than the real version.

by Anonymousreply 417February 21, 2019 8:15 PM

The judge in that sketch looks like he wants to rip Jussie's smug face off. If only!

by Anonymousreply 418February 21, 2019 8:15 PM

[quote]The Smollett fam has gone very silent. Where’s your “WE SUPPORT JUSSIE” statement now, assholes?

Wait, seriously? I called BS on this story from the start but even I know there's such a thing as "support one of your own family." Is that a concept that's not familiar to you? Was this your mother?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 419February 21, 2019 8:18 PM

Hopefully they expose the “money” lie now. FOX might, CNN, etc will not. There needs to be a discussion for the hate of white people and this BS “white privilege” crap and this anti-white rhetoric.

by Anonymousreply 420February 21, 2019 8:18 PM

Lol @ R414 triggered by Liza in Cabaret. I don’t blame you though - her performance is severely overwrought.

by Anonymousreply 421February 21, 2019 8:20 PM

I mean....nooooooo

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 422February 21, 2019 8:20 PM

More sketches

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 423February 21, 2019 8:20 PM

Reread the comment you are commenting on R419.

by Anonymousreply 424February 21, 2019 8:21 PM

His primary motive could have been the pay raise but he probably thought he would kill two birds with one stone by blaming MAGA attackers. His SJW complex seems real enough.

by Anonymousreply 425February 21, 2019 8:21 PM

R418 The judge said what he did was “despicable” in court. He’s pissed.

by Anonymousreply 426February 21, 2019 8:22 PM

This is causing DLers to turn on each other and malign Liza. LIZA!!! With a Z!

by Anonymousreply 427February 21, 2019 8:24 PM

Reminder, the now deleted in shame account of @joshofanarchy cunt is one of the people who called for Our Boo's job. Other show people backed up that call, including this official Empire account run by the writers, that Rob even replied to. Scroll down a bit.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 428February 21, 2019 8:24 PM

[quote]Reread the comment you are commenting on [R419].

I read it the first time. Saying that they are assholes for having supported him. The post I was replying to was NOT saying they're assholes because they haven't put out a supportive statement now.

by Anonymousreply 429February 21, 2019 8:25 PM

I was molested!

by Anonymousreply 430February 21, 2019 8:26 PM

You lack reading comprehension R429.

by Anonymousreply 431February 21, 2019 8:26 PM

The "our boo" troll should be run over by a truck.

by Anonymousreply 432February 21, 2019 8:27 PM

I’m sure his people told him to say “money” as to make him look sympathetic and not have a real discussion about his true motive which he is anti-white. He is Twitter is loaded with anti-white sentiment, the “fuck no whites” interviews he gives. People will buy anything even if the truth is right in front of them.

by Anonymousreply 433February 21, 2019 8:27 PM

Girls! Girls! We are all retards! Back to the subject at hand.

FUCK YOU JUSSIE!

by Anonymousreply 434February 21, 2019 8:28 PM

I know it's a tiny detail, but I wonder why he asked the police to turn off their body cameras? Just a celebrity douche thing? Or didn't think his performance would be that convincing? I'd imagine someone asking that would raise police suspicions.

by Anonymousreply 435February 21, 2019 8:28 PM

R428, I liked Rob's response to @joshofanarchy's tweet. He's been keeping tabs. "The account is now deleted. It was the account that said I should be out of a job."

by Anonymousreply 436February 21, 2019 8:28 PM

Did they use real lions for that photo, R428? Cunts.

by Anonymousreply 437February 21, 2019 8:28 PM

[quote]You lack reading comprehension [R429].

There's no way to read it other than that they were assholes for supporting him, r431. Unless you'd like to elaborate? (crickets)

Sorry, but it's fucking ridiculous to call a family assholes because they issued supportive statements about their son/brother.

by Anonymousreply 438February 21, 2019 8:28 PM

I have to agree with r434, that guy seems a good reporter but the boo shit is obnoxious, up there with "bae".

by Anonymousreply 439February 21, 2019 8:28 PM

He hasn't confessed as far as we know, R433, so the police didn't get the motive from speaking to him. They likely got it from the brothers or some other source.

by Anonymousreply 440February 21, 2019 8:31 PM

No it's not r438, it's fucking indicative of the enabling, victim culture we live in. Did La Toya ever tweet out MJ supports or whatever the tweet thing would have been back then? No, cause she fucking knew he was guilty. Asians would commit hari kiri or publicly disown their spawn for that shit. My mom would too, it's a privileged shitlord thing to do and they should have just fucking not said anything.

by Anonymousreply 441February 21, 2019 8:31 PM

[quote]I’m sure his people told him to say “money” as to make him look sympathetic and not have a real discussion about his true motive which he is anti-white.

He told the brothers he did it for money before he had any "people" advising him.

by Anonymousreply 442February 21, 2019 8:32 PM

Agreed. Take your pubescent, fantasy romances elsewhere. The adults are talking.

by Anonymousreply 443February 21, 2019 8:32 PM

[quote] he judge said what he did was “despicable” in court. He’s pissed.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 444February 21, 2019 8:33 PM

I love Jussie’s expression in courtroom sketch R423. Blue Steel?

by Anonymousreply 445February 21, 2019 8:33 PM

If his handlers thought it would be a good idea for a man who makes a million dollars a year to fucking tell people he almost started a race war because he wanted money then they're even fucking dumber than he is. If anything they would say to go with drugs or mental illness.

by Anonymousreply 446February 21, 2019 8:33 PM

"You're dead, son. Go out and get yourself buried."

by Anonymousreply 447February 21, 2019 8:34 PM

Anyone remember that Joe Frank radio play, "Rent a Family?" It's too bad we don't have such a thing for real, so we could rent a family for r441, I mean other than her fellow Trump suopporters, so she could experience human family closeness, and discover what the term "blood is thicker than water" means.

Apparently r441 thinks parents should pursue Trump's agenda or they're "assholes."

by Anonymousreply 448February 21, 2019 8:36 PM

R236, thank you that was my post. I don't Mayim in the the shot. Smart girl.

by Anonymousreply 449February 21, 2019 8:38 PM

More sketches here. The artist is quite good.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 450February 21, 2019 8:39 PM

Hmm, it seems racist to single out Kamala when Trump was also duped.

by Anonymousreply 451February 21, 2019 8:40 PM

She's in it R449. Lower far right.

by Anonymousreply 452February 21, 2019 8:40 PM

She's in the picture r449, must be cut out, she's on the right on a separate chair.

by Anonymousreply 453February 21, 2019 8:40 PM

To end the laundry list of Jussie’s stupidity, has he not considered the ramifications of turning on two MASSIVE Nigerian bodybuilding criminals-for-hire, (and god knows who else they’re connected to.) He nearly sent those young men down the river!

by Anonymousreply 454February 21, 2019 8:41 PM

Spike Lee hired Jussie for "Chiraq." Spike's gonna be asked about Jussie before the Oscars.

by Anonymousreply 455February 21, 2019 8:42 PM

Ugly dwarf-y body Kaley looks smuggest of all in the pic at r436.

by Anonymousreply 456February 21, 2019 8:42 PM

[quote]Hmm, it seems racist to single out Kamala when Trump was also duped.

Are you suggesting our Kamala troll has less-than-honorable intentions? I'm shocked.Shocked, I tell you!

by Anonymousreply 457February 21, 2019 8:42 PM

Spike's a known racist, race baiter r455. He won't give a shit.

by Anonymousreply 458February 21, 2019 8:43 PM

[quote]Hmm, it seems racist to single out Kamala when Trump was also duped.

Basically everyone in public service supported him, despite whatever misgivings they might have. This is just some agitprop being used by trumpkins or democratic rivals because they see Kamala as a serious threat.

by Anonymousreply 459February 21, 2019 8:43 PM

Here is his smug as fuck family wearing shades inside the courthouse (tacky and disrespectful as fuck) as they saunter out the front door. It was reported that they expected to go out a private exit (because they are superstars, obviously.) but were DENIED!

by Anonymousreply 460February 21, 2019 8:45 PM

Bernie Sanders on the "attack"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 461February 21, 2019 8:45 PM

BREAKING: Jussie Smollett has posted bond.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 462February 21, 2019 8:46 PM

Jussie Smollett bonds out. @cbschicago

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 463February 21, 2019 8:49 PM

I'm sorry some of the newer folks here are displeased with the "insider" stuff that has developed over the many, many threads (Our Boo Rob, The Salad, etc.) but hey, you can just scroll past, or ignore, or whatever. No need to heckle. There's always room for new material, feel free to contribute some.

by Anonymousreply 464February 21, 2019 8:52 PM

When did "bond out" become acceptable grammer?

by Anonymousreply 465February 21, 2019 8:52 PM

He should flee the country and hole up in the Equadorian embassy in London.

by Anonymousreply 466February 21, 2019 8:53 PM

Sorry, this time with link

Here is his smug as fuck family wearing shades inside the courthouse (tacky and disrespectful as fuck) as they saunter out the front door. It was reported that they expected to go out a private exit (because they are superstars, obviously.) but were DENIED!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 467February 21, 2019 8:55 PM

In fairness Trumps Tweet is still technically the right thing to say after all new developments. Kamala came off like a pol grifter. Isn't there anyone better than her running?

by Anonymousreply 468February 21, 2019 8:56 PM

Make sure to listen to Police Superintendent Eddie Johnson.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 469February 21, 2019 8:57 PM

That's a lot of family members, R467.

by Anonymousreply 470February 21, 2019 8:59 PM

R167 That is the absolute biggest load of horseshit I have heard yet.

Jussie's name should not even be spoken in the same sentence as Jackie Robinson's name and memory. The man was scrupulously principled and had not so much as a grey mark in the totally of his short life. Which is precisely why Branch Rickey selected him to be the first black man to cross MLB's color line.

Even before the Smollett scandal he did not measure up to being a pimple on Jackie Robinson's behind.

by Anonymousreply 471February 21, 2019 8:59 PM

"Bond out" is an expression meaning you got out of jail by posting bond.

When did grammar start being spelled "grammer?"

by Anonymousreply 472February 21, 2019 9:02 PM

R470 Yep, they are a pretty big clan. Of course, I am sure they hired some security because, again, Superstars!

by Anonymousreply 473February 21, 2019 9:04 PM

R472 you got me

by Anonymousreply 474February 21, 2019 9:04 PM

How would being the victim of a hate crime result in a pay hike on Empire? It makes absolutely no sense.

It’s about building his celebrity brand making himself a hero in the culture war. He spelled it out for Robin Roberts like he was reading from the SJW playbook. He’s been ticking off intersectionality demographics to widen support.

He could envision what being a martyr could do to his image and his endorsement prospects after seeing Colin Kapernik star rise after not getting a spot in the NFL. And he could guess at the wildfire social media reaction following the Covington kids fiasco.

In theory, it’s a solid plan to manipulate the public’s thirst for new outrages related to suffering of racial and sexual minorities in a patriarchal, homophobic, white supremacist culture.

But in practice... His actor ego, vanity, and near complete disconnection with believable narrative sank him.

He and Roseanne make a fascinating comparison of crash-and-burn actors who have exalted themselves to a position that they can’t see the full consequences of their actions.

by Anonymousreply 475February 21, 2019 9:04 PM

The Kamala troll at r468 is nothing if not persistent. She seems to have taken Kamala's campaign against lynching as a personal affront.

by Anonymousreply 476February 21, 2019 9:08 PM

Has Jussie blamed Ambien® yet?

by Anonymousreply 477February 21, 2019 9:09 PM

I suspect the pay motive is BS. It's something they can argue to claim he could benefit from his hoax.

The real reason is fairly obvious, but harder to show as motive in court.

by Anonymousreply 478February 21, 2019 9:10 PM

Because R46, lynching was seared into the minds of older generations. Blacks from the South migrated en masse to northern cities around 1910. Illinois exploded.

When American DNA was researched on these populations to discover cures for diseases they found that blacks who migrated had lost their immunity to some strains of Malaria present in southern blacks and those in Africa. However there's always that silver lining in the US. Those who migrated have produced DNA which is resistant to diseases found in the population as a whole. One of those miracles is a gene resistant to forming high levels of cholesterol. There's a few other gems in there. The group who demonstrated these natural cures are descendents of the 1910 migration to the northern midwest.

Here's their basic DNA recipe-

83% Black

1.7% NA

Remainder white northern European (mostly originally from South)

White northern European high in German and Scandinavian DNA (Majority southwestern Sweden)

DNA researchers are determining the traits of these genes so they can be replicated to eliminate certain diseases.

As always the US always manages to turn lemons into lemonade 😎

It's what they do

Suck it World!

by Anonymousreply 479February 21, 2019 9:10 PM

There are some very fine people on both sides.

by Anonymousreply 480February 21, 2019 9:10 PM

R457 I think the SJW angle was something he assigned to it to sound good in the media, but behind closed doors venality was the driving force. I agree about the disconnect re: how he ever thought getting attacked would mean more money in his pocket, but Jussie isn't dealing with a full deck, apparently.

by Anonymousreply 481February 21, 2019 9:11 PM

I know r476. It'd be nice to focus on Jussie rather than how "concerned" some trolls are about random presidential candidates or rehashing centuries old news events.

by Anonymousreply 482February 21, 2019 9:11 PM

The police were skeptical from the start. It was a like a script was written. (and maybe there was. the brothers supposedly told the grand jury that they rehearsed the scene)

"this is MAGA country" and MAGA hats. This is just the opposite of what Chicago is.

The rope and bleach - too obvious

One chicago policeman was interviewed. He said that if you were to see a real mugging in Chicago, Jussie would be far more messed up.

by Anonymousreply 483February 21, 2019 9:12 PM

R475 is sage wisdom

by Anonymousreply 484February 21, 2019 9:12 PM

Robin Roberts looks like a major FOOL!

by Anonymousreply 485February 21, 2019 9:14 PM

This queen makes 100K AN EPISODE and she thinks she deserves more? I don't know what's worse: the delusion or the sense of entitlement. Fuck this cunt.

by Anonymousreply 486February 21, 2019 9:14 PM

R468 she should have focused on higher standards & qualifications for police hires.

by Anonymousreply 487February 21, 2019 9:15 PM

R483 That was one tidbit I learned reading the proffer. The bleach was originally supposed to be gasoline, but, change of plans! Maybe the tuna sub was indeed supposed to be a meatball sub but... change of plans!

by Anonymousreply 488February 21, 2019 9:15 PM

[quote] Robin Roberts looks like a major FOOL!

Experience shows it won't hurt her in the long run

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 489February 21, 2019 9:16 PM

[quote]How would being the victim of a hate crime result in a pay hike on Empire? It makes absolutely no sense.

Because he made sure to paint himself as the guy who "fought the fuck back", and who "didn't run. They ran." He was making himself out to be a gay hero, and thereby raising his profile to be used as a bargaining chip in salary negotiations.

by Anonymousreply 490February 21, 2019 9:16 PM

Funny how skin color can even effect how people decided when they knew his story was bullshit.

On a show today a white panelist said that it was when he seemed less concerned about the horror of the attack than he was about the questioning of his veracity by some.

On the other hand a black male attorney's answer was less complex: "When the fool called himself the Gay Tupac" I knew he was (redacted.)

by Anonymousreply 491February 21, 2019 9:17 PM

Excuse me everyone, I need to take a big shit and I'm trying to fight it the fuck back, but it's not going so well and my coworkers are looking annoyed

by Anonymousreply 492February 21, 2019 9:19 PM

We'll wait for you R492.

Enjoy!

by Anonymousreply 493February 21, 2019 9:24 PM

I'm sorry but Fuck Bernie Sanders-- I agree we should end racism and homophobia, but it's a different fucking issue than this- he committed a fucking crime and should be prosecuted- why are people supporting this/??

by Anonymousreply 494February 21, 2019 9:28 PM

If you look at Bernie's link he got a lot of pushback when he originally posted this thoughts. Just as here on datalounge mostly the public KNEW from the start.

by Anonymousreply 495February 21, 2019 9:30 PM

Robin Roberts doesn't look like a fool at all. Her body language and posture said "all knowing". She just landed the gig.

Now Oprah Winfrey has been exposed as gullible in so many instances. James Frye and recently a Brazilian faith healer. Can't think of the others off hand but O's credibility is shot.

Regardless this JussieGate will be the instigator and vehicle to expose the leftist media who has been playing the whole country for damned fools. Gleefully dividing us to line their pockets. Watch for new laws being put into effect re: reporting.

This low standard in reporting flies in Britain though. Not France, Germany or US. In a grab for $ and persuasion power the US media has tilted to the lowly standards acceptable in England.

by Anonymousreply 496February 21, 2019 9:34 PM

Some fascinating stuff in the proffer. In addition to gasoline being the original plan before settling on bleach, he never intended the noose angle either. The Brothers Nigerian were to kick him in the nuts while wearing Katy Perry's blackface shoes, but they didn't come in Abimbola's size!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 497February 21, 2019 9:35 PM

R448 Nope. The truth matters. Right vs. wrong still matters. Honest, ethical people turn their family members in all the time - the first high profile one that popped into my head was the family member (brother, I think) of The Unibomber dropped dime on him. I would do the same thing.

If this family will probably take a play from the Jackson family playbook and show up to his trial all wearing white.

by Anonymousreply 498February 21, 2019 9:38 PM

There is not going to be any new laws regarding reporting R496. Take your hysteria someplace else.

by Anonymousreply 499February 21, 2019 9:39 PM

Any comments yet from Princess Michael of Kent's brooch?

by Anonymousreply 500February 21, 2019 9:40 PM

Princess Michael's Blackamoor brooch emphasized, "Not our sort, dear. Party planning is a Middleton thing."

by Anonymousreply 501February 21, 2019 9:44 PM

A piece of minutia that popped up on twitter earlier today: the tuna sub was for Frank. The salad was for Jussie.

You're welcome.

by Anonymousreply 502February 21, 2019 9:48 PM

Princess Michael (and brooch) makes the scene! Yes!!!!

by Anonymousreply 503February 21, 2019 9:48 PM

Wow, his vacant, dead eyes in the mugshot and photo at r463 are chilling. That is what a sociopath looks like when he takes off his “mask”.

by Anonymousreply 504February 21, 2019 9:49 PM

But what was the protein on Jussie's salad?

by Anonymousreply 505February 21, 2019 9:49 PM

This hasn't aged well

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 506February 21, 2019 9:50 PM

Thanks R502 I did wonder. He really is such a delicate flower, our Jussie. Then Lettuce Prey for Part 12 it is!

by Anonymousreply 507February 21, 2019 9:50 PM

You're late R502. I posted that yesterday or early today.

by Anonymousreply 508February 21, 2019 9:51 PM

We've got more important things to talk about than Jussie. Why is everyone so focused on this?

by Anonymousreply 509February 21, 2019 9:55 PM

Well, by all means don't let me rain on your parade, r508.

by Anonymousreply 510February 21, 2019 10:00 PM

You predictably without fail go to extremes, America. Still problems get faced and fixed. The SJWs and globalists took it too far and the correction will be extremist right wave until it eventually settles in center. Then we will continue our search for the next hot topic. Rinse & repeat.

However, hope we stay focused on insisting that police recruits undergo intense psychological evaluations along with a minimum 2 year college requirement. This will weed out the dangerous duds.

These psychopathic simpletons are the SOURCE, GROUND ZERO of our country's racial tensions. Not the citizens. Law enforcement. The media has perpetrated a sin by exaggerating a racial disparity onto the people. This prevents us as a whole to getting back to the business of being great and setting global standards.

by Anonymousreply 511February 21, 2019 10:03 PM

R393 I said he should be put on “administrative leave” until the trial is over THEN (when he is found guilty which is most likely) they can fire him.

It’s funny - suddenly people are talking about innocent until proven guilty - but in today’s world as we’ve seen so much - certain people are found guilty in the court of public opinion - only certain people.. you know who they are

The difference between Jussie and Rosanne - Jussie is a complete fraud, cost the city of Chicago a fortune in investigating this case (and now money on prosecuting it) and despite all of this he still doubled down on this lie with a tv interview

Roseanne fucked up, Immediately apologized, begged the public for forgiveness and still was told to fuck off.. Roseanne also had a history of advocating for gays and some real true groundbreaking tv and storylines back in the day - but no one cared about that. All they cared about was she voted for Trump. There was no hope for redemption in the media’s public opinion or agenda.

Oh yeah... and let’s not forget Joy reid, ... she didn’t even apologize for her homophobia and no one blinked an eye.

It’s a fucked up world.

Anyone advocating this losers “comeback” is delusional. He’s a sociopathic creep that deserves jail.

by Anonymousreply 512February 21, 2019 10:05 PM

[quote] I’m sure his people told him to say “money” as to make him look sympathetic and not have a real discussion about his true motive which he is anti-white.

Oh what planet is "I staged a faux hate crime because I wanted a raise" sympathetic? If he'd done it to call attention to the racism and homophobia of Trumpsters, at least there'd be a principle besides greed involved, even though the way he went about it was as twisted and wrong-headed as could be. But committing a felony, duping a lot of good people, and causing all that trouble because he wasn't happy with $65,000 an episode? That just makes him look like the world's most selfish and mercenary asshole.

by Anonymousreply 513February 21, 2019 10:05 PM

I like Jussie's side eye in the sketch at R450.

by Anonymousreply 514February 21, 2019 10:08 PM

Titania McGrath is mining gold out of this.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 515February 21, 2019 10:14 PM

R513 delivered that nicely.

R509, you poor sweet thing. POOR.

maybe because this is a discussion America needs to have so we can put this planted false narrative of common racial strife to bed and move on to investing in fixing our real problems.

See the big picture. Can you do that?

by Anonymousreply 516February 21, 2019 10:14 PM

R471 here. Thanks for not "oh dearing" me you guys. I meant totality not totally.

by Anonymousreply 517February 21, 2019 10:25 PM

R511, your statements only serve to illustrate that you have no real idea of what you're talking about. Part of what you thought you profoundly stated is actually in the exact opposite direction of identifying the problem and the solution.

by Anonymousreply 518February 21, 2019 10:26 PM

Kamala speaks (or wrote):

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 519February 21, 2019 10:30 PM

Poor Kamala is a dumb as Jussie, what a stupid statement, but more importantly I can’t wait for his lube free prison wake up call, atta gurl!

by Anonymousreply 520February 21, 2019 10:32 PM

CBS Evening News: "fall of an Empire... star"

by Anonymousreply 521February 21, 2019 10:32 PM

I see his career circling the drain and jail in his future.

by Anonymousreply 522February 21, 2019 10:35 PM

As long as there's no hate, Jussie—

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 523February 21, 2019 10:40 PM

There's nothing wrong with Kamala's statement, obsessed right wing Concern Trolls.

by Anonymousreply 524February 21, 2019 10:41 PM

This will bring to light a comfort to the black community. Because racist, profiling sociopath police drawing salaries from all of us no less (never mind paying out billion$ in compensation law suits) have terrorized our black citizens. Undoubtedly an act of domestic terrorism. You cannot deny the consequences on the black community. Imparts fear and derision. The media sees a lucrative industry by playing on this mind fuck. Highlighting petty tiffs among town folks of different races. So the swj and MSM goes on witch hunts to further this agenda and the black community is switched into high defensive mode.

That's where we were. That's where we are. That's not going to be where we will be tomorrow.

We'll fix this.

Hopefully by revamping our law enforcement structure. Once we attend to that pressing issue in unison it'll all work itself out. Then onto the next. As you do.

by Anonymousreply 525February 21, 2019 10:43 PM

R66, from Wikepedia: "Justin "Jussie" Smollett was born [6-21-1982] in Santa Rosa, California, and is the third of six children of Janet (née Harris) and Joel Smollett. He has three brothers and two sisters: Jake, Jocqui, Jojo, Jurnee, and Jazz, several of whom are also actors. Smollett is biracial.] His father was Jewish (his family emigrated from Russia and Poland). Smollett's mother is African-American. He graduated from Paramus Catholic High School in Paramus, New Jersey." The kids names all start a J! And Jussie is a nickname, it's really Justin.

by Anonymousreply 526February 21, 2019 10:44 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 527February 21, 2019 10:44 PM

Link.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 528February 21, 2019 10:44 PM

R497 Yikes. Those actually exist???

by Anonymousreply 529February 21, 2019 10:46 PM

Empire needs to end production immediately. It could be reimagined as a new show without Jussie, perhaps called The Lyons, but it needs to be done in such a way that Jussie has no financial benefit.

by Anonymousreply 530February 21, 2019 10:46 PM

When a kid, was Harris in the slow classes or something?

by Anonymousreply 531February 21, 2019 10:47 PM

Rome Flynn should play Jussie

by Anonymousreply 532February 21, 2019 10:47 PM

The biggest fuck you Empire can do to Jussie is to recast the role.

by Anonymousreply 533February 21, 2019 10:49 PM

They should recast it with a Lesbian.

by Anonymousreply 534February 21, 2019 10:50 PM

I thought they only had 2 episodes left to film R530. A 5 year old show is not going to make much money in syndication, if it even gets to syndication.

by Anonymousreply 535February 21, 2019 10:51 PM

The entertainment industry is starting to turn on him.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 536February 21, 2019 10:51 PM

He already back on set at Empire. I don't see how they can't just phase his character out.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 537February 21, 2019 10:51 PM

I wonder if he has admitted it's a hoax yet?

Or if he ever will.

by Anonymousreply 538February 21, 2019 10:53 PM

Hasn't Empire tanked in the the ratings this past season?

by Anonymousreply 539February 21, 2019 10:55 PM

He needs to just be recast. The characterbis too big of a role on the show.

by Anonymousreply 540February 21, 2019 10:56 PM

$65,000 times 18 episodes = barely over 1 million dollars a year ......Before he pays his agent, publicist, food, board. ........It is a falsehood that people on tv are rich.....Even the Riverdale cast barely make 40,000 an episode....LoL

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 541February 21, 2019 10:57 PM

R491 Tupac was the Gay Tupac

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 542February 21, 2019 10:57 PM

R526 explains EVERYTHING!

Polish and New Jersey elements.

Kid never had a chance

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 543February 21, 2019 10:59 PM

R510 I appreciate you.

I somehow missed the previous mention of whom the sub and salad were requested.

As angry as I may be at Jussie, I feel somewhat relieved that he is not a tuna man.

by Anonymousreply 544February 21, 2019 10:59 PM

So he's a Catholic Jew, or a Jewish Catholic?

by Anonymousreply 545February 21, 2019 11:00 PM

R541/R543

by Anonymousreply 546February 21, 2019 11:00 PM

While some of R511's initial postings were a tad heavy handed, he is starting to grow one me.

by Anonymousreply 547February 21, 2019 11:01 PM

R547, anyone who is using the term “globalists” is an anti-Semitic Deplorable. That is one of their code words for a Jewish person.

by Anonymousreply 548February 21, 2019 11:02 PM

Seems to me that the police spent more time investigating Jussie than his story. They were more interested in busting him than investigating the assault against him.

by Anonymousreply 549February 21, 2019 11:03 PM

So interesting to watch this now

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 550February 21, 2019 11:03 PM

Don't click my R543, it downloads. Sorry.

Newark!

by Anonymousreply 551February 21, 2019 11:03 PM

He’s back at work? WTF

by Anonymousreply 552February 21, 2019 11:04 PM

I wonder if there is any way to book Rob Elgas as a guest on DL for an AMA session.

by Anonymousreply 553February 21, 2019 11:05 PM

Empire is casting Cookies gay nephew, Biscotti Lyons......

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 554February 21, 2019 11:05 PM

So Justine just went right back to work straight from the courtroom today, no problemo. And his lawyers are doubling down on their “he’s INNOCENT!” gameplan.

Shameless.

by Anonymousreply 555February 21, 2019 11:07 PM

R548 Well he made one very good point I thought.

by Anonymousreply 556February 21, 2019 11:07 PM

They can recast with Jack Coleman, Emma Samms, or Karen Celini.

by Anonymousreply 557February 21, 2019 11:10 PM

Part 12 scratching post is up: Lettuce Prey

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 558February 21, 2019 11:11 PM

QUESTION: Are the Nigerian brothers gay, gay for pay, or 100% straight (leaving Jussie with a perpetual hard on for them)?

by Anonymousreply 559February 21, 2019 11:12 PM

R553, do you really think a civilian could survive a DL AMA?

And he’d need a cultural translator for terms like “blown-out hole” and some sort of explanation for when Mrs. Patsy Ramsey, formerly of Boulder, CO makes her pithy, ambiguous posts.

We know it’s inevitable.

by Anonymousreply 560February 21, 2019 11:12 PM

I didn't realize Jussie Smollet played "Ricks" in Alien: Covenant (2017) who is attacked in the shower while making love to his wife, near the end of the film.

by Anonymousreply 561February 21, 2019 11:13 PM

I love R497...looool

by Anonymousreply 562February 21, 2019 11:14 PM

Do you think he is telling the Empire cast he was framed? It’s very strange and reminds me of how people deal with retarded children 👶

by Anonymousreply 563February 21, 2019 11:15 PM

SOLVED = Jussie texted one of the brothers with a “down low” offer and the brother met him to hear about the offer?....I’m calling Gay For Pay...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 564February 21, 2019 11:15 PM

Crazy scene outside the courthouse

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 565February 21, 2019 11:17 PM

The Empire cast is probably being faux-concerned for him and pretending to believe his story while badmouthing him behind his back.

Except for the showboating idiot who plays his father or whatever who started crying in that video he made seconds after Jussie's story came out.

by Anonymousreply 566February 21, 2019 11:17 PM

[quote]It’s very strange and reminds me of how people deal with retarded children

R563 LOL! How do you mean?

by Anonymousreply 567February 21, 2019 11:20 PM

His family looked terrible coming out of court. They should have consulted the Jacksons on how to dress for court when you know your family member is guilty!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 568February 21, 2019 11:21 PM

Thanks r565 ! That was great!

by Anonymousreply 569February 21, 2019 11:21 PM

So the brothers were dealers....

by Anonymousreply 570February 21, 2019 11:22 PM

How long will the queen be in prison? Is it tru she did this for some thug prison cock???

by Anonymousreply 571February 21, 2019 11:22 PM

Everyone walks on eggshells around a special needs child. Nodding their head when they speak as not to upset the retarded child 👶 That’s So Jussie. 🍆🍆

by Anonymousreply 572February 21, 2019 11:24 PM

They should tell her she can stay on Empire but turn her into a nasty tranny to torture the bitch......

by Anonymousreply 573February 21, 2019 11:26 PM

Link to Part 12: Lettuce Prey

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 574February 21, 2019 11:27 PM

[quote]I feel somewhat relieved that he is not a tuna man

I fear that Tuna may be the nickname his inmate buddies give his likely exhausted b-hole.

by Anonymousreply 575February 21, 2019 11:30 PM

Good point, r573. They should let him stay, but get into a horrible accident so he's prone in traction and all you see and hear is him breathing through a straw. And for reasons, this should be filmed underwater, in a tank with electric eels.

by Anonymousreply 576February 21, 2019 11:32 PM

He seems like one of those sociopathic bisexuals that uses gay men!

by Anonymousreply 577February 21, 2019 11:32 PM

A little context:

Of the 7,175 reported hate crimes reported nationwide in 2017, only 23 were found to be false.

In 2016, 16 of the 6,121 reported hate crimes turned out to be hoaxes.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 578February 21, 2019 11:34 PM

Bajussieour!

by Anonymousreply 579February 21, 2019 11:35 PM

R578 Those statistics suggest the hoaxes are increasing!

Next year will be worse.

by Anonymousreply 580February 21, 2019 11:37 PM

Now why can't Ann Coulter be charged with lying with impunity for saying all hate crimes are hoaxes. It's so obscene.

by Anonymousreply 581February 21, 2019 11:39 PM

I think that Ann was using exaggeration to make a point that most of the ones making the national news turn out to be hoaxes.

by Anonymousreply 582February 21, 2019 11:49 PM

R578 doesn't factor in the % of cases that were never followed up after the initial reporting of said hate crime.

by Anonymousreply 583February 21, 2019 11:50 PM

Jussie's mussy is a fussy hussy

by Anonymousreply 584February 21, 2019 11:51 PM

Or the 200 million trans women of color who were murdered just LAST MONTH! Y'all need some PRIORITIES!

by Anonymousreply 585February 21, 2019 11:52 PM

Racists who don't believe the federal government takes hate crimes seriously can pore over the FBI statistics.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 586February 21, 2019 11:54 PM

Entering Jussie’s Wet Mussy will be the #1 goal in prison

by Anonymousreply 587February 21, 2019 11:55 PM

The federal charges are coming! The federal charges are coming! He won't be able to wiggle out of those so easily.

by Anonymousreply 588February 21, 2019 11:56 PM

Yes, 575. I think his prison nickname should be Tuna.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 589February 21, 2019 11:58 PM

Add an Office reference to things this case has.

by Anonymousreply 590February 22, 2019 12:01 AM

Is there a new thread up yet?

by Anonymousreply 591February 22, 2019 12:06 AM

Has Antoine Dodson commented on this yet?

by Anonymousreply 592February 22, 2019 12:09 AM

ObviousLy! We have a Rapist in Lincoln Park!

by Anonymousreply 593February 22, 2019 12:14 AM

I thought he was making over $100K an episode. What's all this $65K crap.

by Anonymousreply 594February 22, 2019 12:15 AM

Let him stay on the show, but he must dress as Medea on her period....tampon hangin from his butthole (hole is cut in dress in back to show it)

by Anonymousreply 595February 22, 2019 12:15 AM

Why did the 2 nigerians say jussie paid them to cornhole him in the dressing room at Empire? dat aint right.

by Anonymousreply 596February 22, 2019 12:17 AM

What kind of a name is Smollett??? Does it mean his mullet smells? like jerry curl? his pussy mullet will be grabbed by inmates for maximum thrust fuk.

by Anonymousreply 597February 22, 2019 12:18 AM

Jussie, im here to help you son, there are men in prison who are murderers and they have nothing to lose by tearing u a 2nd asshole. be brave, be a hero to ur race, and hold ur head high when ur ass is draggin the ground from over use. GOD BLESS AMERICA.

Send me some fuk pix from jail, and I will put some $ on the books for u honey.

by Anonymousreply 598February 22, 2019 12:20 AM

New thread:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 599February 22, 2019 12:22 AM

no, we keep going....

by Anonymousreply 600February 22, 2019 12:24 AM

The statement by KH at r519 is fine.

Her original tweet will be used against her, but even 45 had to tweet out something, and to his rate credit, he did - so of course it turns out to be a hoax. That shows him what happens to extend sympathy to a hate crime victim!

by Anonymousreply 601February 22, 2019 12:24 AM

Bajour Salad!

by Anonymousreply 602February 22, 2019 12:46 AM

Girl, u better watch your way round em' slick talkin high yella fellas.

by Anonymousreply 603February 22, 2019 1:22 AM

What was his not-enough salary?

by Anonymousreply 604February 22, 2019 11:51 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!