Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Yuzuru Hanyu and other figure skating talk part 22

Let's continue discussing here. As always anything related to figure skating can be discussed on this thread.

by Anonymousreply 600March 9, 2019 3:50 AM

Link to previous thread.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1February 18, 2019 2:05 PM

I guess this is the controversial part of the Daniil interview posted in the last thread, a comment regarding how puberty will affect Shcherbakova: "The technique doesn't need to be changed, it must be set from childhood. As for Anya, if you look at her mother, you can hardly assume that she will grow much or gain weight."

by Anonymousreply 2February 19, 2019 5:36 PM

R600 from last thread: I didnt change anything. What is your fucking problem?

by Anonymousreply 3February 19, 2019 5:42 PM

More weird news about or from Shoma and his brother. I'm baffled as to how or why any fans think it's cute or endearing when a 20-something year old man has such odd behavior. His brother doesn't even look good enough or tall enough to be a model. But I'm not a 15 year old Japanese girl, so what do I know.

JDC, thank you for the dirt about Nanri and Ando. It was probably actually for the better that Nanri get a real job instead of skating in shows. What great opportunities were there for him when he'd never been an international contender? This is why it's crazy that an American like Sean Rabbitt thinks he has a shot at professional skating in Japan. If they want to see a white American male skater in an ice show, you'd think someone like Adam Rippon, Johnny Weir, or Jason Brown would be the ones. Abbott is still skating too, but unfortunately his jumps aren't good anymore.

by Anonymousreply 4February 19, 2019 6:25 PM

I'm impressed Hanyu's already given away $1 million. He obviously has money, but I suspect that's not an insignificant percentage of his net worth. Most people wait until they're rolling in it before giving away that much. His family sounds impressive too - sacrificing a lot but never taking advantage of him, his fame or his money. If anything, they seem to be the ones putting the brakes on money-maker activities like ice shows or CMs, that come at the expense of his training or health.

by Anonymousreply 5February 19, 2019 6:45 PM

What’s Derrick Delmore up to?

by Anonymousreply 6February 19, 2019 6:59 PM

R6 He's coaching Starr Andrews.

by Anonymousreply 7February 19, 2019 7:06 PM

I wonder how many people is going to download this exercise app just to put him in the cat ears.

by Anonymousreply 8February 19, 2019 7:41 PM

R8 Not like you need an app to see the guy in cat ears.....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9February 19, 2019 8:02 PM

R8 .....he was into the cat thing as much as Shoma was into the crossdressing.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10February 19, 2019 8:06 PM

Not that anyone was holding their breath, but Kostner is out of Worlds. Injury took longer than expected to heal.

by Anonymousreply 11February 19, 2019 9:34 PM

R10. LOL! Now I need to look for more photos of kitty Hanyu.

by Anonymousreply 12February 19, 2019 11:18 PM

R12 does this count?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13February 20, 2019 12:22 AM

R13. He is half human. Half cat. His ears were hiding all this time and decided to show itself. lol

by Anonymousreply 14February 20, 2019 4:29 AM

Higuchi is going back to her Skyfall FS for Challenge Cup. Kihira is still going. Yuma Kagiyama (15) will be there with Sota Yamamoto for seniors. Yuhana Yokoi and Shun Sato, who just turned 15, for juniors.

JSF released a new statement from Hanyu at their conference in Tokyo today. He said he returned to training on ice at the beginning of the year and he’s adjusting his jumps for Worlds. (“Adjusting” can mean anything in this context.)

Itsuki spoke little on “The Sekai Gyouten News,” but he did share that the Uno brothers were allowed to eat only what they liked, which is how Shoma managed to avoid eating vegetables.

R4 I also was surprised that Itsuki told the story about the wet laundry again because it’s one of the reasons why some people think his brother has a developmental disorder. (The comment about how they often bathe together at home didn’t help, either.) As for Itsuki’s modeling career, he wasn’t scouted. He just joined a local kid’s modeling agency and modeled for a school pamphlet. His brother has gotten him some nice TV work, however.

This photo came up again today:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15February 20, 2019 8:25 AM

If Shoma did have a developmental disorder, his achievements would seem even more impressive and inspiring to me.

by Anonymousreply 16February 20, 2019 9:03 AM

The JSF statement sounds very promising. If Yuzuru's been back on the ice this long, he should be in fine shape for the competition.

by Anonymousreply 17February 20, 2019 9:12 AM

r17 Unless "being on ice" means skating around on one leg.

by Anonymousreply 18February 20, 2019 10:56 AM

Itsuki is such a famewhore, shamelessly leeching off his brother career lmao

by Anonymousreply 19February 20, 2019 12:59 PM

Glad to hear about Higuchi - I loved that Skyfall program. Hope she makes a comeback!

Yuzuru adjusting his jumps, oh boy, be still my heart. Could mean 3 quads with no 4Lo or 4Lz - could mean Nessie! (4A) Speaking of which, I think Dmitriev is competing in that Russian Cup that's going on right now with Med and Tuk - wonder if he'll hurl himself into a Nessie like a wildman again. I'll never forget his father saying "we have three weeks to 'conjure' up a quad axel" before a comp last year. Oh well, why not I guess (esp in his case because he's not going to podium anyway and who needs a silly old skeleton...) but be safe Yuzu!

by Anonymousreply 20February 20, 2019 4:46 PM

R15 Hanyu's body is amazing and, like most things about him, nothing I've ever seen before in its mix of muscularity and voluptuousness.

I like Skyfall but Higuchi is just going through a horrible year. Isn't this her third FS? Is she still injured?

by Anonymousreply 21February 20, 2019 4:54 PM

He didn't go into detail on which jumps he is practising because he doesn't want his others to know his strategy, which his team has done like forever and it's unnecessary to publicize that kind of info. It's kinda funny ( and delusional) that many of his fans already assumed it could be 4A.

by Anonymousreply 22February 20, 2019 6:04 PM

I wish people would stop with the 4A talk or assume he will come back to slay at the WC. What he pulled off at Olys was nothing short of a miracle given his condition, but it was a once in a lifetime sort of thing that I don't expect to see again. I'm just glad he did it when it mattered most. I want Hanyu to go out on a high note and float off to a peaceful life somewhere outside the public eye, but he is scrappy and will fight on to the bitter end, I'm afraid, and it's going to be so hard to watch.

by Anonymousreply 23February 20, 2019 6:23 PM

Wtf, the people who are thinking he'd go for a 4A at Japanese Worlds, freshly out of injury, are delusional. I hope "adjusting jumps" means getting rid of the -3A combo, not getting rid of the 4Lo. He needs the 4Lo as well 2 fully-credited 3As to get ahead. With current judging doing anything less means relying on others' mistakes.

by Anonymousreply 24February 20, 2019 7:12 PM

Hanyu is not so good jumper as we thought. With new rules ,he had UR this season, like many other skaters. He is not that good is seems... He wouldnt have them last season . Now we see that hanyu underrotates as every one else..

by Anonymousreply 25February 20, 2019 7:16 PM

R25 Oh yeah, totally. He's the original Vincent Zhou.

by Anonymousreply 26February 20, 2019 7:20 PM

R26 I didnt say Vincent Zhou, only everyone else.. Zhou is not everyone else. He is exceptional in that matter :P . Please , read carefully

by Anonymousreply 27February 20, 2019 7:22 PM

Yeah the best jumper this season is definitely Uno. Now we see this season he’s been getting the amazing GOE on his jumps.

by Anonymousreply 28February 20, 2019 7:25 PM

R24 Agreed. Anyone who believe his clean 3-quad program will win agaisnt everyone no matter what because new GOE judging benefit him and who believe he only a couple weeks of training to peak and slay at Worlds is also delusional. Better pray for 4lo comeback ( I'm not convinced he get it consistent by Worlds tho).

by Anonymousreply 29February 20, 2019 7:29 PM

Uno also had UR this season. Whats your point? He is a terrible quad jumper , bu judges dont care about pre rotations..The sama will be with little young russian in a year. What we can do? Nothing. And hanyu also pre rotate , lets not forget it. Not so much like Uno but still . Now Boyang jin is the best jumper , if we think of PR

by Anonymousreply 30February 20, 2019 7:31 PM

Gracie was on some morning show today. Anyone watch it or have details re what she talked about?

Are we trolling the troll now?

by Anonymousreply 31February 20, 2019 8:16 PM

r30 Lol, you and the poor ignored poster from GS who tries to push the idea that Hanyu prerotates and underrotates should set up a club. Unless you're the same person, then I guess a club of one would be sad.

Btw, r31 Was that Daitroll? It writes like the Daitrol but I thought I had them blocked.

by Anonymousreply 32February 20, 2019 8:19 PM

R32 Yes, R3, r25, R27, R30 etc. are Daitroll. It just clears its cookies or uses a different browser, but the stench of cray is hard to miss.

by Anonymousreply 33February 20, 2019 8:49 PM

R32 I am not on GS. Thats not my fault that Hanyu also UR. Do you wanna see the protocols? Do you think i made up something? Personally I never would think of the fact that Hanyu UR. But it seems he does. Or you think judges lie?

by Anonymousreply 34February 20, 2019 9:09 PM

r33 Thanks for the warning, blocked again it is.

by Anonymousreply 35February 20, 2019 9:26 PM

R20 "Adjusting" can also mean he's just practicing and checking his jumps. It's a vague term athletes often use when they're talking about getting ready for competition. As for the 4A, Hanyu has already said he's saving it for next season.

Has Canada announced their ladies team for Worlds?

by Anonymousreply 36February 20, 2019 9:33 PM

Italian ladies team for Worlds

Roberta Rodeghiero

Marina Piredda

by Anonymousreply 37February 20, 2019 9:37 PM

R31 Gracie's interview wasn't shown on Today today. Probably got bumped for some reason and will be shown later this week.

by Anonymousreply 38February 20, 2019 10:06 PM

r36 Canada has Ladies?

by Anonymousreply 39February 20, 2019 10:10 PM

R36 They haven't announced it yet. Chartrand, Cotop and who knows. Austman is in Cup of Tyrol but I think it's too late for her to get her TES minimum. Gabby is posing pantsless on social media.

by Anonymousreply 40February 20, 2019 10:13 PM

r40 Pantsless? Does she seem to have regained her right mind yet or not?

by Anonymousreply 41February 20, 2019 10:28 PM

R41 Here, you can judge for yourself. I think there were other pictures, either on her instagram or twitter but she deleted them.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42February 20, 2019 10:32 PM

R38 Thanks!

Someone on GS also said Gabby is promoting a MLM, making it sound like something sketchy. What's MLM?

by Anonymousreply 43February 20, 2019 10:34 PM

r42 Thanks. Looked at her other pictures and boy, girl does seem to be busy looking for validation.

by Anonymousreply 44February 20, 2019 11:03 PM

R42 Wonder if she knows how weird those makeup filters look on a computer screen. She even puts fake eyelashes, brows, contour, yellow eyes, etc on action shots of herself mid-skate and on studio photos. I hope she ditches that crutch one day but it doesn't seem like she's there yet.

by Anonymousreply 45February 20, 2019 11:27 PM

MLM = Multi-level marketing (MLM), also called pyramid selling, network marketing, and referral marketing, is a marketing strategy for the sale of products or services where the revenue of the MLM company is derived from a non-salaried workforce selling the company's products/services, while the earnings of the participants are derived from a pyramid-shaped or binary compensation commission system. [from Wikipedia, there's lots more about it]

Looking at Gabby's Instagram, I'm worried about her. The photographs with the waist that looks like it's 16 inches around - she doesn't look like that on live video.

by Anonymousreply 46February 20, 2019 11:41 PM

r45 r46 I thought her waist looked abnormal with those abs, and she looked scarecrow-y in some of those photos. So it's filters? Better filters than reality, but shit.

by Anonymousreply 47February 21, 2019 12:28 AM

I'm not sure but I think she's "photoshopping" her body to look so emaciated. You can take a photo and just trim off pieces of yourself. Though maybe there's a filter... but R45 mentioned "makeup filters" which sounds like adding makeup to videos/photos.

It's sad that she thinks looking that thin = looking good.

by Anonymousreply 48February 21, 2019 1:55 AM

JDC, you had a question about who runs the podcast, In the Loop. I just saw this on my TL and thought it might answer your question. tl;dr - basically 20+ people who met each other on twitter. Their bios are on the website.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 49February 21, 2019 3:58 AM

It seems Japanese media is filming new documentary/ promotion on Alina's dog. The dog looked hilarious. It helped its owner not to have to claim herself a Japan lover or Yuzuru Hanyu fan to get some PR in Japan.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 50February 21, 2019 4:50 AM

R50 Lol I think it helps that said owner is also an OGM. Chiddy aside, I think most people do not think two OSMs are better than gold.

by Anonymousreply 51February 21, 2019 5:33 AM

So apparently the coach going to Russia with Med is Tracy Wilson, not Orser. Probably good thing to diffuse the drama a bit.

by Anonymousreply 52February 21, 2019 9:34 AM

Starting order for ladies SP in Russian Cup, begins in about 15 mins.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 53February 21, 2019 2:44 PM

R23 I agree that there will be no 4A, but obvious you haven’t been following Hanyu. Otherwise, you would know some of his other “miracles” - 2012 Worlds FS, 2014 GPF, 2017 Worlds. Speaking of once in a lifetime, 2015 NHK, until we had 2015 GPF. And as you mentioned, the Olympics.

by Anonymousreply 54February 21, 2019 3:46 PM

Who's watching the competition? I'm hearing through the grapevine that Med has returned to her old glory.

by Anonymousreply 55February 21, 2019 3:53 PM

Evgenia Medvedeva 76.89, Elizaveta Tuktamysheva 72.21, Anastasiia Guliakova 70.74 lead after 1st group; Konstantinova up next

Tuk has the worst fucking luck.

by Anonymousreply 56February 21, 2019 3:57 PM

R55 If by "old glory" you mean the same opened mouth shit with ugly jumps but no splats, then yes.

by Anonymousreply 57February 21, 2019 4:00 PM

R57 that’s as good as it gets, so “old glory” it is!

by Anonymousreply 58February 21, 2019 4:12 PM

Kostantinova 75.47

by Anonymousreply 59February 21, 2019 4:15 PM

Lazukin leads among Men with 91 points.

Aliev in last place after SP with 67 points

by Anonymousreply 60February 21, 2019 4:16 PM

Medvedeva SP

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 61February 21, 2019 4:19 PM

Hmm I guess my dream of seeing Aliev's beautiful ass succeed is never going to come true.

by Anonymousreply 62February 21, 2019 4:25 PM

Did Kevin Van Der Perrin and that homely British skater he married have kids yet? He really lost his hotness after he got married. He was so cute and had a nice, trim body.

by Anonymousreply 63February 21, 2019 4:29 PM

R63 He lost his hot about the time he lost his hair. Don't know if that occurred pre- or post- nuptials. I don't think they have kids yet.

by Anonymousreply 64February 21, 2019 4:44 PM

Med- the jump preps are so telescoped and ugly. I miss Yuna Kim

by Anonymousreply 65February 21, 2019 4:47 PM

R65 Hi Brian.

by Anonymousreply 66February 21, 2019 4:48 PM

R54 Please, stop with the unnecessary and unrealistic expectations. I've followed Hanyu long enough to know that of the comebacks you named, only one (2014 GPF) was skated while he was severely injured (and yes, I know about the sprained ankle in 2012, but in the order of severe Hanyu injuries, that's like a paper cut). 2014 GPF was also over 4 years ago, before the injuries mounted and while he still had an edge technically. But that was 2014. We're now in 2019, when injuries have accumulated and he's reinjured himself in the same fucking place, his closest rivals are overscored in areas where he is supposed to have an advantage and ISU is eager to anoint the next star.

It would be amazing to see Hanyu make a great comeback at Worlds, but the fact that some fans like you simply take it as a matter of course is immature and annoying.

by Anonymousreply 67February 21, 2019 5:26 PM

Shit I hope Tuk fights back in the free. What rotten luck. She's been unlucky her whole damn career.

by Anonymousreply 68February 21, 2019 5:34 PM

R67 you're also being annoying with that rain cloud.

by Anonymousreply 69February 21, 2019 5:50 PM

You can tell how much RusFed wants Tuk to do well though. As much as I want her to do well, she was also overscored.

by Anonymousreply 70February 21, 2019 6:08 PM

WTH is this weird account? Is this a Hanyu's anti account..? It seems to post the same stuff on a loop lol

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 71February 21, 2019 6:49 PM

r69 I'm looking at it as a beam of much-needed realism here.

by Anonymousreply 72February 21, 2019 7:45 PM

r60 Wtf happened to Aliev? Did he fall on every single of his elements?

by Anonymousreply 73February 21, 2019 7:49 PM

R73 protocols say

3S with +2/+3 GOE

2T with fall and no combo. 0.65 points

3A with -2/-3

by Anonymousreply 74February 21, 2019 7:51 PM

Actually I guess step-out/very messy landing in the 2T instead of fall.- Because he doesn't have a -1 deduction. But he got all -5s and didn't attach another jump

by Anonymousreply 75February 21, 2019 7:52 PM

r75 Do you have the link to the performance? I feel like watching a trainwreck.

And how come the 2T was even valid? I thought the only valid doubles in SP are axels.

by Anonymousreply 76February 21, 2019 7:59 PM

R71. Not sure what that is. I tried looking at the follower list and I am not seeing any antis I recognize. 😕

by Anonymousreply 77February 21, 2019 8:04 PM

R57 Thank you for posting that so I don't have to.

by Anonymousreply 78February 21, 2019 8:16 PM

R76 here is Aliev.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 79February 21, 2019 8:18 PM

r79 Thanks, I managed to find it. Other than jumps, he seemed to look ok, the shadow of a beard/moustache makes him look kinda hot, but what's up with him? Is he recovering from an injury or is he THAT much of a headcase? All the Russian guys are fucking up left and right. Do they need an Eteri to stand with a whip over them so that they'd train more efficiently or what? Get all of them under one coach and tell them there's only one spot so better step it up, like the girls do?

by Anonymousreply 80February 21, 2019 8:20 PM

Aliev has been a major headcase since juniors. I think they gave him credit for a 3S, 2T+combo, 3A because it scores a little better than 3S+combo, 2T*, 3A.

by Anonymousreply 81February 21, 2019 8:23 PM

[quote] And how come the 2T was even valid? I thought the only valid doubles in SP are axels.

in the combo they can do a 2+3 (or 3+2). When you fail to do the second jump of the combo they give you a +COMBO and give you the points of the first jump (or what is left after the - GOEs)

by Anonymousreply 82February 21, 2019 8:28 PM

r82 Ah, ok, only the solo doubles are invalidated, and the solo jump was the 3S, got it.

by Anonymousreply 83February 21, 2019 8:32 PM

Meh, Lazukin's choreo is the epitome of forgettable mediocrity, I must have seen it before but I remembered literally nothing.

I don't know what's worse, the Carmens and Put- a-Spell-on-Yous or the obscure piano pieces that all sound the same from Daniil. When he's not doing the Carmens, of course. Jesus fuck, Mariah Bell's Celine Dion program is a breath of fresh air by comparison.

by Anonymousreply 84February 21, 2019 8:46 PM

R50 - in the third of those videos, is that Danlil carrying the dog as he skates in a circle? That guy is growing on me. And I prefer his music/choreo to David Wilson's, not that that's saying much.

Misha congratulated Med with a "Thank you [prayer hands emoji] #choreographer"

At least he didn't call her one of "his skaters".

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 85February 22, 2019 6:34 AM

juicy thigh

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 86February 22, 2019 7:36 AM

Hanyu sucks in comparison to the great Alexei Yagudin. Plus, Alexei didn't splat on the ice when he win his gold (with two quads in long).

by Anonymousreply 87February 22, 2019 7:47 AM

2010 Medalists on Ice bus video: It's Evan's birthday and everyone signs his card. Adam writes in the card: "If I had to be second, I'm glad it was to you, xoxo Plushenko." LOL.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 88February 22, 2019 8:07 AM

Canon did an interview with Brown. Some interesting points:

Brown researched coaches from around the world and had many tryouts.

It took Brown three weeks to be able to jump the 3A again after he changed his jump technique. Orser showed him how to do it.

Orser, Preston, and Barkell help him with his quads. He’s starting with the 4S because he practiced the 4T too much in the past and can’t break his bad habits. He used a harness over the summer. Orser and Tracy told him to watch how Hanyu, Cha, Gogolev, and Javier each do the jump.

When David Wilson first brought the Simon and Garfunkel music to Brown, Brown was completely against it, which surprised Wilson. “There’s no way I’m skating to this. I don’t like this at all.”

Preston and Tracy coach Brown everyday, while Orser advises him on the larger aspects of his skating, such as how to increase his tech and make his programs more complete. Orser is like a “grandpa” or someone watching over him from above (dead grandpa?). Tracy, who focuses on skating skills, is like a mom, but does not compromise during lessons. Preston films and watches his runthroughs, and points out all of the little tech issues that need to be fixed or improved.

This is kind of strange. Brown said he didn’t know at the beginning of the summer when he arrived at TCC if Hanyu and Fernandez were going to continue skating competitively. But for sure Hanyu had already announced that he was going to continue competing by then and I think Fernandez had already made it clear he was going to at least be doing Euros.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 89February 22, 2019 8:22 AM

R23 Not strange at all. Who would care what other skaters are going to do tbh ?

by Anonymousreply 90February 22, 2019 8:46 AM

r39 r40 r49 Thank you.

R71 It’s an anti-account.

Oda (@nobutaro1001) played the Buddhist goddess Benten in a commercial for Solaniwa Hot Springs. It’s interesting to say the least. I think Solaniwa also has a sauna…

Gallagher interviewed Daisuke Murakami for his podcast and they talked about his relationship with Hanyu.

Uno is coming out with a DVD and Blu-ray of his best hits.

Price Ice World Sapporo guest cast: Arakawa, Takeshi Honda, Plushenko, Alexander Plushenko, Kanako Murakami, Oda, and Honda sisters (Sara and Miyu only one day each). Musical guest is Ms.OOJA.

Plushenko and son are appearing on “Honoo no Taiikukai” on TBS on March 2nd at 7PM. @taiikukaitv

They played capture the flag on the ice:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 91February 22, 2019 9:17 AM

r89 Brown should have stuck to his guns. Wilson chooses music that HE likes, not necessarily the music that his students like or fits them. Like the Orange Sky for Med. At least the FS was Med's choice, even if not a particularly inspiring one. At least Brown's SP is good, hopefully he won't break his cooperation with Ward, somebody should offset the Wilson programs. Read somewhere that Jeff Buttle also usually chooses music for his clients but somehow he seems more attentive to what suits them.

by Anonymousreply 92February 22, 2019 9:52 AM

Tuk wins the FS. Med wins overall by 1 point. Kostantinova nowhere

I guess it should Tuk for Worlds. Her advantage in the GP season is larger than losing by 1 point.

by Anonymousreply 93February 22, 2019 12:04 PM

Heard that Med got some freebies in the FS that allowed her that 1 pt advantage though. So what's the truth?

by Anonymousreply 94February 22, 2019 1:33 PM

Russian Universiadi entries

Samarin, Kovtun, Lazukin (same as announced in December)

Konstantinova, Sotskova (No Tuk as announced in December and no Med who was the first alternate)

Efimova/Korovin, Poluyanova/Sopot, Koshevaya/Bushlanov (E/K instead of Ozerova/Bobrov)

Evdokimova/Bazin, Popova/Mozgov, Shpilevaya/Smirnov (S/S instead of Skoptsova/Aleshin as announced in December)

by Anonymousreply 95February 22, 2019 1:46 PM

Live stream from Ice Mall Cup here

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 96February 22, 2019 1:51 PM

Livestream from Challenge Cup here

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 97February 22, 2019 1:51 PM

R67 r69 that’s the attitude that’ll keep you from succeeding in life.

R71 it’s an anti-account in disguise, like some posters here posing as Hanyu fans then passive- aggressively handing out digs

R90 then why are you on this thread, LOL

by Anonymousreply 98February 22, 2019 1:54 PM

sorry r69, wrong tag

by Anonymousreply 99February 22, 2019 1:55 PM

Aurora Cotop and Gabrielle Daleman are added to Canada World roaster

by Anonymousreply 100February 22, 2019 4:00 PM

Russian Team for Universiade:

Men: Samarin, Kovtun, Lazukin

Ladies: Konstantinova, Sotskova

Pairs: Efimova/Korovin, Poluyanova/Sopot, Koshevaya/Bushlanov

Ice Dance: Evdokimova/Bazin, Popova/Mozgov, Shpilevaya/Smirnov

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 101February 22, 2019 4:36 PM

R94, I missed Tuk, but Med has some obvious URs in real time. If I were the fed I'd send Tuk, she's been consistent aside from illness recovery all season and has higher scoring potential with the 3A. But who knows what they'll do.

by Anonymousreply 102February 22, 2019 4:38 PM

"Ice Buddies"?? Who would be willing to purchase a movie called "Ice Buddies" ? Olympic Channel should learn how to pick a better name for their movie. Otherwise only buddy Mishe Ge would give a shit to it.

R102 And an uncalled flutz which got more GOE than "lutz queen" Tuk's. To be fair, Tuk's PCS is a joke but Med's TES shouldn't have been anywhere near hers.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 103February 22, 2019 4:49 PM

That's alarming, r100!! I know Daleman and Cotop haven't had the best season but do they need to be dealt with so harshly??

by Anonymousreply 104February 22, 2019 4:58 PM

R103 - Every single day I dream about a Yuzu and Javi movie. It would have to be done by Disney, and I would say that even if Hanyu wasn’t a Winnie-the-Pooh enthusiast.

It wouldn’t be called “Ice Buddies,” because that doesn’t acknowledge that they were rivals too. And it sounds dopey. 😁

by Anonymousreply 105February 22, 2019 5:56 PM

R105. LOL. What would you name the movie? I do agree ice buddies is not something I would call their movie. The movie would need co stars too. Misha Ge and Med for sure. They can play the antagonists.

by Anonymousreply 106February 22, 2019 6:18 PM

R106 "Fuck Buddies," "Hanyu and Fernandez: The Hole Story," "Hanyu and Fernandez: Did They or Didn't They and How Does Eric Radford Fit into All of This" and this might be too long, but I'll throw it out there: "Hanyu and Fernandez II: We're Pretty Sure They Did It At Least Once, Right? Fernandez Is Always Feeling Him Up and Fucking Him with His Eyes, But He Also Dates Girls? WTF? So Confusing"

by Anonymousreply 107February 22, 2019 7:09 PM

Yamamoto leads in the Netherlands with 82.24.

Kagiyama is second with 78.97

Britschgi (70.43) and Zandron (69.56) follow

it is the last week to achieve minimum TES for Worlds.

Last chance for Raya, Boe, the British men and the Slovak guy. Bulgarian is trying it in the Israel competition and the 2 Estonians are trying in Tallin

The Estonian dance team got the minimum in Israel. Everybody was so over-scored that I would have made the minimum too.

by Anonymousreply 108February 22, 2019 7:16 PM

R107 Both Hanyu and Fernández can have movies of their own, if a single film couldn’t do both of them justice.

“I Put My Hands on My Girlfriend’s Abdomen Even If It Makes People Think She’s Pregnant Because the Only Waist I Touch Is Yuzuru’s: The Javier Fernández Story”

“I Want to Go to Toronto to Have Fernández Touch My Waist (and Also Learn His Quad Salchow Technique): Yuzuru Hanyu’s Inspirational Journey”

by Anonymousreply 109February 22, 2019 7:40 PM

Gracie Gold Access Interview Part One

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 110February 23, 2019 12:15 AM

Gracie Gold Access Interview Part Two

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 111February 23, 2019 12:16 AM

Scott Moir was training Nishiyama and Yoshida at TCC today.

The camerawork for Challenge Cup is giving me a headache. Sara Honda (11) won Advanced Novice Ladies with 124.07. Shun Sato won Junior Men with 199.84. Yuhana Yokoi Junior Ladies with 179.90.

Kozuka was possibly creeping on Li Zijun, although he made sure to remind everyone (twice) that Li’s team accompanied them when he was showing her around Tokyo.

R94 In addition to the lack of calls, Medvedeva also received some help in GOE for her jumps. (J7 in SP and FS gave her almost all 4’s and wouldn’t give a full -5 for her fall). But both received ridiculous PCS again and the PCS gap probably should’ve been a little wider between them.

Skating scores has added more charts to compare season’s best and mean scores, as well as PCS over the season between the Russian ladies.

It’s possible the fed will send one to Worlds and the other to WTT. Both will be in Japan for SOI Japan anyway. I don’t know why some people are saying Zagitova or Samodurova should be dropped, so both can go to Worlds.

Skating scores comparing Med and Tuk SP and FS:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 112February 23, 2019 12:38 AM

R112 the people who think Zags or Samodurova should be dropped are ridiculous. Med had one okay, but still shaky outing where, as you point out, she was propped up by shady judging and tech calls and her fans are already heralding the return of the queen. One idiot on Twitter even said Med is responsible for making figure skating popular in Russia. I'm not a fan of Tuk, Zags or Samo, but those three deserve to be assigned based on their record this year.

R110 R111 Thanks for posting the Gold interview. Haven't had a chance to watch but I'm curious as to what she has to say.

by Anonymousreply 113February 23, 2019 12:59 AM

R112 Is Moir transitioning into coaching now?

by Anonymousreply 114February 23, 2019 1:04 AM

It's hilarious that all the Med fans are now concern trolling Zag's physical and mental condition.

by Anonymousreply 115February 23, 2019 2:37 AM

There are rumors that Zag has some kind of injury (knees?) and that there is a possibility she will not go to WC (Med and Tuk are out of Universiade lists, even as substitutes, though initially they have been listed). Some say WC team is Tuk, Samo and Med and the others consider that Eteri would never let Zag withdraw from WC because it is a matter of ambitions and coaching prestige... The others also mention that she still have Turs with quad Sal attempt as her representative there. She needs three quotes for her junior babyquadsters who are to appear on the seniors next season. Anyway, nothing is known for now and the teams should be announced on 25-26 bit there is a possibility of pulling one out in two weeks before the WC to be replaced with a substitute..so... They say they can watch Zag closer to WC (even if she initially is announced as a part of a team) and then decide to withdraw her or not. Also some draw parallels with Tsurskaya withdrawal from JWC when the decision was made by a doctor at the last moment but her then coaching team was insisting that she compete... It's a mess for now, thought I"d throw in some rumors. We'll wait and see.

by Anonymousreply 116February 23, 2019 5:43 AM

Ridiculous...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 117February 23, 2019 5:56 AM

That always shocked me how she tries to act like him all the time, like when now she show off her coaches in the K&C..... No personality.

by Anonymousreply 118February 23, 2019 7:55 AM

I wish Gracie would stop wearing head to toe black. She's beautiful, but it really isn't her color.

by Anonymousreply 119February 23, 2019 8:10 AM

R118, lol as if Yuzuru doesn't imitate other people's poses all the freaking time That being said, Med's skating bores me to tears

by Anonymousreply 120February 23, 2019 9:07 AM

Sure but as far as I care heracts quite like an usual Japanese person. Thing is to me it just looks like Med tries too hard to get attention with the way she acts. Her skating is deadly boring and i never felt any emotions watching her. Fake pantomimes, arms flying all over like she doesn't know what to do with its. And I never felt like she was the cute sweet girl everybody thinks she is.

by Anonymousreply 121February 23, 2019 9:14 AM

R117 Lmao. I checked the acc and I laughed off the lastest post that is about her imtimating "Hey hey hey people. Make some noiseee, I'm listening" because I wondered wtf she was doing when I was watching her performance yesterday. C'mon it is tango, girl.

by Anonymousreply 122February 23, 2019 10:08 AM

And god knows there's nothing to go crazy about her FS. Not selling tango at all

by Anonymousreply 123February 23, 2019 12:20 PM

To people complaining about Evgenia being overscored at Russian Cup - this is RUSSIA. Of course they're going to score ridiculously most of their skaters. Do you all also think Tukt deserved nearly 150 points for her FS? Pipe down, will you. This always happens in Russia.

by Anonymousreply 124February 23, 2019 1:34 PM

R124 Everybody here fuckin know both of them got overscored af. You can rest.

by Anonymousreply 125February 23, 2019 2:29 PM

No thanks, I won't rest since not everybody seems to realize that

by Anonymousreply 126February 23, 2019 2:37 PM

R126 Are there any problems with not everyone being aware of that ?

by Anonymousreply 127February 23, 2019 2:43 PM

r117 I'm looking at that stupid photo and I'm not seeing it, what's Hanyu's "achievement pose"?

by Anonymousreply 128February 23, 2019 2:47 PM

R128 I'm with you. I'm not sure he has one.

by Anonymousreply 129February 23, 2019 4:01 PM

One has to be blind to not notice the way Med is imitating Hanyu: his little gestures, the way he takes his bows etc. For what reason she is doing it, I sincerely have no idea…

by Anonymousreply 130February 23, 2019 4:06 PM

Sota won! He landed his quad!

by Anonymousreply 131February 23, 2019 4:06 PM

R131 And almost clean.

by Anonymousreply 132February 23, 2019 4:18 PM

Raya failed to clear the TES minimum. So Spain doesn't have anyone to send?

by Anonymousreply 133February 23, 2019 4:19 PM

Kolyada scored 93.63 at Tallin Cup

by Anonymousreply 134February 23, 2019 4:29 PM

Nope, Spain doesn't have anymore. Montoya doesn't have his minimum scores either.

by Anonymousreply 135February 23, 2019 4:29 PM

*anyone, not anymore ...

by Anonymousreply 136February 23, 2019 4:30 PM

R133 yes, no Spanish man at Worlds.

Peter James Hallam from Great Britain got the minimum. All other men trying for it today failed.

A couple (Estonian guys and Belarus skater) will try in Tallinn tomorrow

by Anonymousreply 137February 23, 2019 4:31 PM

R130. Agree. I see what she is doing. Maybe trying to get his attention even if it's negative attention. I saw a clip of her telling the audience to be quiet. I remember Hanyu doing that at one time at a competition. I bet Hanyu pretty much ignores her in Toronto and she is now playing a new game. I honestly believe she has some weird obsession with Hanyu. I feel sorry for him.

by Anonymousreply 138February 23, 2019 4:44 PM

[R138] she seems so desperate for attention and HIS probably. It's even more obvious now she's at TCC. hanyu lives in a bubble, I doubt he pays attention to her at all except when it's about denying false rumors she's feeding.

by Anonymousreply 139February 23, 2019 4:51 PM

r137 Am I a Polyanna to think that she's not playing a game, just trying to be cool? Maybe seeking attention in general. I don't know, maybe it's because I'm not as infatuated in Hanyu as the fangirls here, despite being a great fan of his ass, but I swear there are few places are as obsessed with hating everything about Med as here.

by Anonymousreply 140February 23, 2019 5:10 PM

Aimed at r138 and r139, sorry

by Anonymousreply 141February 23, 2019 5:11 PM

Javier#2 and Sondre fail to get the minimum. Grind activities at Saitama rink will take a downturn

Ah, I think some wondered about him in a previous thread, either this or the other version...Grassl's coach was one of the technical specialists at Challenge Cup and yes, he was on Grindr yesterday

by Anonymousreply 142February 23, 2019 5:16 PM

R124 I don't think anyone is surprised by the general overscoring in Russia. The issue is that Med beat Tuk by just over a point, with the help of generous judging and uncalled URs. Yet her fans are crowing about how this means she should be sent to WC over Tuk and basically everyone else.

R140 even if Med is copying him I don't see the big deal. That Instagram account someone linked to up thread is creepy actually, with the over analysis. I half expected to see pictures of her in crosshairs for the offense of shushing the audience.

by Anonymousreply 143February 23, 2019 5:16 PM

R142 Lorenzo's on Grindr?? Not surprised, I guess. Definition of butterface though.

by Anonymousreply 144February 23, 2019 5:22 PM

At the Open Ice Mall Cup in Israel they are really skating in the middle of a mall

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 145February 23, 2019 5:36 PM

R140 not infatuated with any of them actually, not hating on her neither, she's just needs attention and uses what she can for it. I don't like her skating but not spending hate about it tho it's just a matter of taste

by Anonymousreply 146February 23, 2019 5:43 PM

Challenge Cup SP

1) Amber Glenn 70.25

2) Rika Kihira 66.44

3) Starr Andrews 64.76

4) Wakaba Higuchi 62.70

5) Karly Robertson 57.28

by Anonymousreply 147February 23, 2019 5:51 PM

r116 There are rummors that Zag suffers from Osgood-Schlatter's disease.

by Anonymousreply 148February 23, 2019 5:52 PM

R140 Agreed on the part she is trying to be cool. But those small gestures are pretty much like Hanyu's. That may tell she watches him and finds what he usually does "cool" then she tries to imitiate, as you said not necessarily she is playing game but she obviously tried to imitiate many of his "exclusive" gestures. Whoever watching Hanyu in practice knows that he blows his nose constantly. And in the interview at Russian Cup, media even asked Med why she was constantly wiping her noses with tissues during practice.

by Anonymousreply 149February 23, 2019 5:54 PM

Gonna make it more clear. All skaters blow their nose in practice but skaters doing that too often like Hanyu are quite rare. And that russian media even noticed that Med suddenly blew her nose constantly and had to asked her is something.

by Anonymousreply 150February 23, 2019 6:01 PM

Kira popped the 3A into a 2A. The second jump of the combo was called UR. Problem on a spin, level 2 with negative GOE

PCS dropped from 35.15 at GPF to 32.32 here

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 151February 23, 2019 6:08 PM

R147 I know she popped her 3A and messed up a spin, but Kihira's PCS are in the shitter. Haven't had a chance to watch. Was it deserved?

by Anonymousreply 152February 23, 2019 6:10 PM

r150 r149 That's... puzzling. There's nothing cool about blowing your nose.

r151 The PCS power of a 3A. Or lack thereof. But that SP is awful, so 32 is more or less (well, more) what it deserves.

by Anonymousreply 153February 23, 2019 6:11 PM

Ann from Belgium was on the panel today. Judge #6

Judge 1: Ms Bol from Netherlands

Judge 2: Mr Fernandez from Great Britain

Judge 3: Ms Gallandat from Swtizerland

Judge 4: Mr Glen from USA

Judge 5: Ms Horiuchi from Japan

Judge 6: Ms Musing from Belgium

Judge 7: Mr Schandenbauer from Austria

Technical controller: Ms Jensen from Norway

Technical specialists: Ms Aalders from Netherlands, Mr Magri from Italy.

Rika 's SP

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 154February 23, 2019 6:21 PM

Amber Glenn is ahead of Kihara? Hell has just frozen over!

by Anonymousreply 155February 23, 2019 6:35 PM

r155 The FS has 7 jumping passes. 7 opportunities to fuck up.

by Anonymousreply 156February 23, 2019 6:39 PM

R155 Raf was wrong then! Or was that elephants?

R154 Did someone speak to Ann from Belgium? She still hates everyone but seems a lot nicer to the Japanese ladies.

by Anonymousreply 157February 23, 2019 6:46 PM

Rika probably didn't pop her 3a, she said she was going to decide in the warm up whether to do a 2a or a 3a, so I guess she decided to just stick with the 2a.

by Anonymousreply 158February 23, 2019 6:49 PM

r131 He also landed it in the SP. Tomono is even more in trouble.

r133 Maybe he shouldn’t have skated to “I Have Nothing.”

R151 A hole in the ice caused the botched spin. Her 3T didn’t look under, but the video quality is very low. At least the placements seem fair.

R154 Ann! But Ann wasn’t that bad compared to the other judges, especially the American judge who didn’t even give Kihira credit for the layback (the spin that wasn’t botched) and gave PCS not much higher than Starr Andrews. 7.00-7.50?

R157 Maybe Tamura worked his magic.

Skating Scores for Challenge Cup Ladies SP:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 159February 24, 2019 2:02 AM

R159 JDC, Is Tamura straight?

by Anonymousreply 160February 24, 2019 5:47 AM

r160 He supposedly dated Arakawa in high school and university (and maybe again later), but I don’t think there have been rumors of other women since and he’s turning 40 this year.

Footage of Tamura when he was in junior high and high school. (Just ignore the teeth.) He was quite shy back then despite the bad boy image:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 161February 24, 2019 8:59 AM

More Universiadi teams being announced

Japan, Russia and South Korea already announced

FRANCE

Maé Berenice Maé

Adrien Tesson

Adelina Galayavieva/Louis Thauron

Julia Wagret/Pierre Souquet

FINLAND

Roman Galay

Juulia Turkkila/Matthias Versluis

ITALY

Matteo Rizzo

Mattia Della Torre

Elettra Maria Olivotto

Chiara Calderone/Pietro Papetti

GERMANY

Katharina Muller/Tim Dieck

SWITZERLAND

Victoria Manni/Carlo Röthlisberger

by Anonymousreply 162February 24, 2019 10:40 AM

Ladies are on right now in the Challenge Cup. Maé Berenice skates next, then the final group with Kihara, Wakaba, Andrews, and Glenn.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 163February 24, 2019 10:54 AM

187 Andrews 186 Higuchi

by Anonymousreply 164February 24, 2019 11:38 AM

R163 I am in the last group too

by Anonymousreply 165February 24, 2019 11:39 AM

141 in FS for Kihira

by Anonymousreply 166February 24, 2019 11:45 AM

TES over 77 but PCS dropped from 72 at GPF to 64 here

by Anonymousreply 167February 24, 2019 11:48 AM

Starr Andrews gets the silver with a solid skate behind Kihira. Good way for her to finish out the season. Another poor effort from Glenn and she's off the podium.

by Anonymousreply 168February 24, 2019 11:55 AM

I see -6 deduction for Kolyada...what the hell did he do?

by Anonymousreply 169February 24, 2019 2:35 PM

The TES is only 60. I guess he fell right and left

by Anonymousreply 170February 24, 2019 2:39 PM

4 falls for Kolyada including all the last 3 jumping passes.

by Anonymousreply 171February 24, 2019 2:42 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 172February 24, 2019 2:44 PM

Kolyada should count his lucky stars that Aliev fucked up so much at the Russian competition, otherwise he might not be going to worlds.

by Anonymousreply 173February 24, 2019 4:17 PM

r176 Russian fed must be in quite a pickle, 2 slots to fill and a choice between: splatting headcase Kolyada, splatting headcase Kovtun, splatting headcase Aliev or better-than-splatting-headcases-recently-but-not-exactly-consistent-and-no-chance-for-top-ten Lazukin?

They gonna lose their 3 spots, aren't they.

by Anonymousreply 174February 24, 2019 4:46 PM

Deadline for entries at Worlds is tomorrow at 8PM Saitama time

Ladies: expected entries 39. Sophia Schaller and Kyarha Van Tiel got the minimum at Challenge Cup

Men: expected entries 35. Pj Hallam and the 2 Estonian guys (Naurits, Selevko) got the minimum this weekend

Pairs: expected entries 21 as Abrazhevich/Bidar got the minimum at Ice Mall Cup

Ice Dance: expected entries 28. Bunina/Frolov got the minimum at Ice Mall Cup

Definitely less men, pairs and ice dancers compared to 2018 Worlds. Ladies it depends on how many will withdraw in the coming weeks (37 skated in Milan)

by Anonymousreply 175February 24, 2019 5:19 PM

R161 Thanks for that video. Dang, Pouty Face was even more pouty as a teenager. I think the odd looking teeth was just a lighting thing - his teeth look fine in some other videos around the same time, but with the same imperfections, so it's not like he had any major dental work done. He went through a period of wearing makeup and tweezing his eyebrows to high heavens (I think this was even before the full on drag costumes), so I would be surprised if he's straight (although, it was the 90s, so who knows). Is there enough interest in Tamura in Japan for people to know anything about his dating life, even if he were open about it?

R174 LOL

R174 Wow RusFed is really waiting until the last minute. Can't wait to see twitter blow up over whomever they choose for ladies.

by Anonymousreply 176February 24, 2019 5:30 PM

R161 Thanks! Why does Tamura have a bad boy image? Is it unusual for Jpn celebs (assuming he is one) not to have public relationships or rumors of them before they're officially married? I guess I'm thinking of Miyamoto - didn't hear a peep about him and then out of the blue, he's married.

by Anonymousreply 177February 24, 2019 5:41 PM

[quote] He went through a period of wearing makeup and tweezing his eyebrows to high heavens (I think this was even before the full on drag costumes), so I would be surprised if he's straight

Full on drag?? Well, he's pretty enough, that's for sure. Bit off if he also had a "bad boy" image. He had a quad! Wish he'd had more success. Japan's first skating dreamboat! And his skating is so much prettier than Honda's (who was kinda like Elvis Stojko - the "real" bulldozer - or maybe I just saw him when he'd gotten old and stiff - in that ice show with Yuzuru in 2012)

by Anonymousreply 178February 24, 2019 5:50 PM

R175 Is there deadline for withdawal ?

by Anonymousreply 179February 24, 2019 7:26 PM

WHET Shepherd Clark? Very colorful personality from the 90s mens eligible ranks. Personalities in skating are dead now.

by Anonymousreply 180February 24, 2019 7:28 PM

Oy Kolyada. After a great 93 point short, then -6 on his free! 4T (fall), 3S, 3A-eu-2S, 3F, 4T REP (fall), 3A (fall), 3Lz (fall). I did see this at GS: "After all, the pressure if there was any, has diminished now with all the guys at Russian Cup announcing their utter unwillingness to go to Worlds" Hmm. WTF with Russian men?

Oh well, at the Challenge Cup, the Japanese reign supreme yet again - I really love Sota Yamamoto's style - more mature than Tomono, who has such a baby face. I did think it was cute when his motherly coach told him to zip up his jacket in the K&C. Haven't seen silver medalist Kagiyama's skate.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 181February 24, 2019 7:30 PM

R179 No.

Actually Ladies can be 40. Lithuanian girl got the minimum too in Tallin

181 I am here.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 182February 24, 2019 7:44 PM

R180 "from the 90s mens eligible ranks" is an apt description. He's a jeweler. Talks about God every chance he gets, but is gayer than the basket of gay kittens he adorns in his rhinestone encrusted chokers.

Did someone here take over Zag's account and write birthday wishes to Eteri?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 183February 24, 2019 8:24 PM

Thanks R182. Lord he looks young - like 10 instead of 15. But his jumps high! But skates more bent forward than I think I've seen anyone in the seniors do.

And Zags' praise of Eteri reminds me of how people used to speak to absolute monarchs who could have their heads cut off if they didn't fawn enough - sheesh.

by Anonymousreply 184February 24, 2019 8:43 PM

Does Yamamoto skate his EX in his practice clothes?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 185February 24, 2019 8:50 PM

Misha Ge arrived in Toronto yesterday. Does he know something we don’t? Yagudin had some tough words about Medvedeva and her team about needing to “face reality” after her FS.

R114 I think Moir is just doing training sessions and camps for now.

R166 r167 The landing on the 2Lo they called < didn’t even look ambiguous on video.

r176 Thin eyebrows and eyebrow-tweezing was a thing among teenage delinquents. The makeup was an X-Japan and Japanese rock band thing as well. It’s his later life that’s suspicious. Not even a hint of a rumor about other women after Arakawa. He’s not famous, but the lack of gossip in the figure skating community is surprising, especially when everyone’s curious about his love life.

R177 Part of it was his appearance (see above). He often skipped practice, smoked (he and Honda once got caught smoking in the hotel at worlds), was/is into gambling (pachinko), cars, and motorcycles. Tamura is not a celebrity and even though Japanese actors and actresses often don’t go fully public about their relationships, there’s almost always rumors, paparazzi photos, and other signs.

R185 I think someone forgot his costume or he just wanted to show off his abs on grainy video.

by Anonymousreply 186February 24, 2019 9:18 PM

[quote] The landing on the 2Lo they called < didn’t even look ambiguous on video.

Sorry, I was busy surfing grindr during the review

by Anonymousreply 187February 24, 2019 9:21 PM

By the way, the dinner with Benoit and Gallagher during Worlds will be held in Tokyo on 3/17 and 3/24. I think it was 20,000 yen each last time (including dinner and wine). Email Gallagher at benoitdinner at gmail if interested.

R187 Damn you, Lorenzo. Was Judge Bulge at least on there?

by Anonymousreply 188February 24, 2019 9:30 PM

R183 I'm pretty sure Zag had her manager write those PR posts.

by Anonymousreply 189February 24, 2019 9:51 PM

R186 Exactly what did Yagudin say about Med and her team? What reality aren't they facing?

by Anonymousreply 190February 24, 2019 9:52 PM

I thought I'd seen awful performances from Kolyada but that one takes the cake. How does he survive splatting hard so many times. He can't possibly be much better in practice. A shame because his spins, posture, speed and overall skating look so good.

Shep Clark?? Wasn't he the one who kept saying it was the end of his competitive career, then would show up again at nationals? Glad he has a career going. There was a weird video of him years ago where he was talking vaguely about investments with a creepy former model.

by Anonymousreply 191February 25, 2019 12:43 AM

Yes r183...I've seen several of his youtube interviews. He boasts of being engaged a few times - to WOMEN, he adds. And his jewelry is kind of tacky. He was a big, muscley six-footer, maybe he should have tried pairs?

by Anonymousreply 192February 25, 2019 1:43 AM

The Knierims have started a GoFundMe for their spring and summer expenses. Will God donate or just pretend to have donated under "anonymous"?

by Anonymousreply 193February 25, 2019 2:35 AM

TSL 2/24 Russian Cup Final – Part 1: 4 Konstantinova will be the sacrificial lamb. Generic, nothing special about her. Jon wd say same about SOFIA, but despite the “reductive tackiness and bad music” of Sofia’s skating, Dave finds it more memorable. 12 An ice dance team had one of their mothers as a judge?! 14 TUK needs help from other skaters to do well. Her tweets seemed to have oversight lately because she’s been muted. Her FS was labored and a real struggle; she’s not in peak condition: two foot channel crossovers/no transitions, but her jumps are high quality. 19 ZAG “gave them Europeans” and Dave said she’s on a downward spiral, and not competing here protects her; she was never on the chopping block anyway so why have her do another bad performance in front of people? Dave thinks she’ll be named on the team but may “drop out” (if ‘something’ goes wrong). 25 considering the others, Dave would keep MED on the team. The short brings out a good quality Med has. 27 Med’s landings still not great and she ends jumps hunched over. She’s at least doing the rotation but her double axel has regressed but Med has better programs and better energy than Tuk and is likely to place higher. 31 They cd make Tuk the alternate and either tell Zags to stay home or Mishin cd tell Sofia to stay home. 32 Dave thinks they’ve set up Tuk’s after-skating career as commentator or coach. 37 Dave thinks they might “let” Zag bow out gracefully. 38 They gushed about Tracy in K&C and her wonderful aura.

by Anonymousreply 194February 25, 2019 3:20 AM

TSL 2/24 Russian Cup Final – Part 2: [SHADE TIME] Power struggle with Hanyu between Brian and Orser which is why Brian won’t let Ghislain work with Med? Dave: He worked with Yuna Kim. 40 Dave: there’s clearly a power struggle over Hanyu. Ghislain isn’t even working with Med in the practice rink?? Dickson and Hamada brag on Ghislain as the best. 42 Is Ghislain threatening to move away and steal students? Does he want more money? And how is it affecting Med’s mind that they won’t let Ghislain work with her? 43 Ghislain could be behaving like a pain in the ass in other ways and Brian is punishing him because he’d love to work w/Med - “Doug Haw just had five heart attacks that we said that” 45 GRACIE on Today show. Very glib. Why no mention of Rostelecom disaster? Why have her talk about the coach who fat-shmed her (Aroshov or something) and show a picture of Frank Carroll then when it wasn’t him? 49 Dave hated the fake shock that eating/body issues are a problem by Savannah Guthrie et al. “White girl on tv fake shock” - they all know – it affects their industry too. 51 Other issues of Daleman, and Gold’s dad having substance abuse issues, losing his medical license when Gracie was born and again during her career peak. So Gracie had to be breadwinner of her family. 55 GABBY situation is so unsettling. Dave thinks she’s not ready for Worlds and whoever is making that decision is wrong.

by Anonymousreply 195February 25, 2019 3:20 AM

TSL 2/24 Russian Cup Final – Part 3: 58 Dave: “Remember when Gabby said she was leaving social media and within hours was back on – there’s a lot of “face tuning” that is alarming. The red flag is not that she edits her pictures, many ppl do” it’s the extremes. Yet everybody’s pretending she’s fine. 1Hr: GRACIE should do an honest autobiography, an Andre Agassi type book, and then she cd have a longterm speaking career. 1.04 Dave was hospitalized for Adderall dependency. So he knows how your understanding/perspective of what happened w/your mental-health issue changes over time, and he thinks that’s happening/will happen with Gracie. Dave had to finish his senior year of college from home, then the economy crashed and he had to go on interviews out of his field when his self esteem was very low, so he’s seeing parallels with Gracie at Russia and Gabby at Nats/Worlds – they’re in a low place going in. 1.08 Gracie at Boston Worlds – how that diaster unfolded. 1.12 Michelle KWAN didn’t work with Joe in SLC because of family issues, a “loaded statement” (his interview with TSL has been done/ is coming soon) – again, Danny Kwan got rid of his job to manage Michelle – not normal situations for someone so young to handle and carry on your shoulders. Meryl and Charlie came from means so didn’t have that kind of pressure. 1.14 RIKA won an event that Dave doesn’t know why she went to, she looked exhausted, saved a 3A in FS that got off axis. Wakaba not in great form/not ready. 1.16 Kaori is planning on a 3A next season.

by Anonymousreply 196February 25, 2019 3:21 AM

Thanks TSL recapper.

Why would B and G have a struggle with Hanyu involved when Hanyu's on the way out anyway? Maybe Hanyu does like G and T better than B. Jason seems to like Tracy better and Med with Tracy is something too (although Med having heart to heart talks with B earlier in the season could say otherwise.) What is Brian up to and TCC?

I would still put Liz over Med for Worlds. Med didn't even win in spectacular fashion. She had one good short and that's it for the one event she won by default of being a favorite.

by Anonymousreply 197February 25, 2019 3:33 AM

I "think" what Dave is getting at is that Orser does not want a repeat of the Hanyu situation with Med - Ghislain getting closer to her, taking credit for her success, especially since her jump technique is a big part of the problem. And Dave has been dropping snide remarks about the Hanyu situation for a long time - that Ghislain rubs his hands all over Hanyu every chance he gets, like saying "He's MINE, you know, Brian..." Oh something like that. He's very eyebrow-arched when he talks about this. But I kinda wonder myself - and Dave seems to have some little spies at TCC - I thought it was just Haw, and maybe it is, and he twisted Haw's words - but he's often right about things going on at TCC.

Agree about Tuk but maybe the RusFed knows they'll give Med more legacy marks - and Dave says she deserves higher PCS than Tuk anyway, esp with the new short that suits her - so she's a safer bet for keeping the three spots. BUT then later, I think he was suggesting that they'll name Tuk as an alternate with the plan being - they'll force either Zag or Sofia to step down (Mishin cd put Tuk over Sofia, too) -- so anyway, it seemed like he was really predicting Med + Sofia (or Tuk) + Zag (or Tuk)

by Anonymousreply 198February 25, 2019 3:39 AM

* sheesh didn't finish my thought - I wonder myself WHY GHISLAIN ISN'T TRAINING MED

by Anonymousreply 199February 25, 2019 3:40 AM

All that reminds me of one quick comment that Orser made during a fairly recent interview -- it was something about how Hanyu's "team" handled things, the fanmail, the poohs, the details and stress, -- and then in a kind of nervous way, he said, "At least I hope I'm still part of his team." I thought WTF? You're the head of his team -- or aren't you?

Well, I know at this point, Yuzu is head of his own team -- but you'd think Orser wouldn't suddenly feel uneasy about saying that. It was odd.

Poor Orser. Worries on all sides - Gogo - Gabby - Ghislain - Med and Tracy handling the K&C better than he does with her - Javi 2 can't even meet minimums - Tursy rebound w/Eteri - his baby Javi1 gone...

by Anonymousreply 200February 25, 2019 3:47 AM

TSL Troll - did I hear this right - Dave says Ghislain will be the one to go to Japan with Hanyu for a month. Is Hanyu already in Japan for Worlds?

by Anonymousreply 201February 25, 2019 4:53 AM

I missed that! (I'll go back and try to listen more carefully - thanks for the headsup)

Oh and on the Kolyada thread at GS - a supposed insider said that Kolyada requested a coach change to Stephane Lambiel (and he had the money for it) but the Russian federation said no!

When asked why he didn't go somewhere else inside Russia then: "According to the insider, because they didn't think Lambiel would be an improvement on the current situation. And Misha did not request to move to anyone inside Russia. It's not a case of getting away from his current coach at all costs after all. He wants what he believes is a better option. If he comes up with a better idea than Lambiel within his price range they may approve and he may go."

I guess he can't afford Raf?

by Anonymousreply 202February 25, 2019 5:12 AM

R202 The thing about Ghislain going to Japan with Hanyu starts at 39:45.

by Anonymousreply 203February 25, 2019 5:18 AM

YES! Thanks for the time stamp!! Sorry I missed that. Wow.

Though how could Brian go to Japan with Hanyu for a month... but then, the later comment about "Is Ghislain going to steal some of Brian's students?"

And hasn't Yuzu always preferred training at TCC? Watch all this never become public - but I would LOVE to know where exactly Yuzu will be training/working with Ghislain. And could this be a bit of an inkling to the future - will Hanyu take Ghislain with him when he goes to the next level of his life - a training center in Japan with the best coaches - he said something along those lines once, that that would be what he would love - maybe temporary visiting coaches from all over the world at a center in Japan ??? oh now I don't remember the details.

But damn you, Dave! (and you know I love you god only knows why...) HOW does he know what Hanyu is doing (going to Japan for a month). Doug Haw? I think he may have somebody else at TCC who spills. But anyway, he has that tidbit and buries it -- and then there's like ONE fricking sentence about the men in Russia - Jonathan said "Dammit Dmitry" and Dave mumbles "Kolyada is still struggling but did better than he has for a while this weekend" - that's from memory so prob shdn't have quotes - but anyway, that was IT when it comes to the men.

Anyway, thanks! Now we have a smidge about Hanyu, though I haven't been to PH yet - they probably know.

by Anonymousreply 204February 25, 2019 5:25 AM

R204 Sorry I made you relisten for just that little tidbit. I didn't listen to any other part of the episode, so I wasn't sure whether Dave had expanded on it. Interesting that despite having a spy at TCC, Dave never has any direct dirt on Hanyu.

by Anonymousreply 205February 25, 2019 5:32 AM

Any idea what this tweet by Dave is about?

"I had to delete and edit something out that was said on Patreon. We were discussing a sensitive topic. I am going to re-upload and post again. I apologize for the inconvenience. I am trying to be sensitive. Re-exporting and uploading now."

by Anonymousreply 206February 25, 2019 5:45 AM

Oh that's ok - that was the most interesting part. I had wondered why Ghislain was never in photos with Med etc but just assumed he worked with her - I mean why wouldn't he? Jumps are her main problem for godsake and as Dave said, he worked with Yuna Kim and, well, Hamada and Lambiel students. Some of Dave's rabbit holes are just b.s. but this one has legs I think. Something weird going on with Ghislain/Orser. I wonder if it was Brian's idea for Yuzu to go to Japan for a month and take Ghislain with him?

Orser has said that Yuzu is now his partner, not his student - I imagine this was decided by Yuzuru and Ghislain, but if so, what did Brian think of it? Would they ask his blessing or just decide - I mean, it would affect the other TCC students Ghislain IS allowed to work with. Or being blocked from Med - maybe that's WHY he's going to Japan... Oh I need to take the tin foil hat off, but it's curiouser and curiouser.

by Anonymousreply 207February 25, 2019 5:45 AM

LOL R206 - maybe Dave is leaking little titillating things like that quote to get people to pay for his Patreon content. I think he had to give up putting all his content there, due to lack of interest - but I guess "special" content is there. But I don't pay and have no idea. Hell, I missed the juiciest piece of the latest episode (eternal thanks to R201!)

by Anonymousreply 208February 25, 2019 5:49 AM

[quote] An ice dance team had one of their mothers as a judge?!

I guess they were talking about Jonathan Guerreiro's mother being the technical specialist at 4 Continents. They were obviously not competiting there. I think ISU should assign her only to Junior events until Jonathan retires. Yes, she doesn't call events with him but judging Senior events, she can call events with their direct rivals.

by Anonymousreply 209February 25, 2019 6:30 AM

The Tale of Genji will be the theme of this year’s Hyoen ice show (kabuki on ice) with Lambiel and Lipnitskaya joining the cast. July 26-28, 2019 at the Yokohama Arena.

Cast: Daisuke Takahashi as Genji, Lambiel as Suzaku (Genji’s half-brother)

Yulia Lipnitskaya as Lady Murasaki (Genji’s main lover),

Arakawa as the Kokiden Consort, Reon Yuzuki as Matsuura,

Ayaka Hirahara as Lady Kiritsubo and Lady Fujitsubo,

Seiji Fukushi as To no Chujo, Kazuki Namioka as Nagamichi

Akiko Suzuki as Oborozukiyo,

Oda as Onmyouji (probably a nod to Hanyu playing onmyouji Abe no Seimei),

Kanako Murakami as Sae (I don’t remember this character?), Tokuma Nishioka as Emperor Kiritsubo

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 210February 25, 2019 7:36 AM

Hanyu going to Japan for a month with Ghislain? Away from all he's used to training-wise? That idea is so far out I have trouble believing it.

by Anonymousreply 211February 25, 2019 8:18 AM

From what i saw on twitter people took it as an assumption that Ghislain will go to Worls with Hanyu, not for a month away (which for me makes more sense, cause why will Hanyu be based in Toronto if not to use Club's facilities?). And, if i'm not wrong, Ghislain didn't work with Javi either.

by Anonymousreply 212February 25, 2019 8:29 AM

There’s three weeks between Worlds and WTT and both take place in Japan, though Hanyu’s participation in the latter is questionable.

Didn’t someone overhear Ghislain at ACI saying he’s only sticking around because of Hanyu? He’s not training Brown, either. He’s been getting a lot more attention from the Japanese media and JSF/Japanese skaters this season.

r190 He was positive about the SP, but after the FS, he said she performed like she was trying to find something of herself in the program because no one on her team knows her. Tracy complimented her, but they need to face the truth. She fell on the 3Lo and struggled with the 2A3T, and she’s fighting against time (aging).

R202 Raf seemed lukewarm about Kolyada's issues when he visited and may have not been willing to take him on full time.

by Anonymousreply 213February 25, 2019 8:48 AM

And the Med matter: if Brian ruled that Ghislain should not work with Med because of some power struggle, then he's shooting himself in the foot. Med hardly sets the world on fire under his tutelage, and Brian is evidently losing his reputation. Of course it's not a sure thing Ghislain would actually be able to help, but if he could, isn't it better to take a partial credit and have a TCC as miracle workers rather than take full credit for failure. And what if Ghislain took some of Brian's students? Brian is overstretched anyway, and he could still take partial credit as the head of TCC. And finally, what about Med herself? This is a girl who had the gumption to leave Eteri and go somewhere else. If Ghislain was such a guru, wouldn't she push for working with him as well? Obviously I don't know how much influence skaters do have, but Med decided to quit the Wilson SP and get herself a Misha Ge choreo, so she's not exactly without decision-making power.

r212 That would make more sense. It'll even make more sense if Ghislain goes with Hanyu AND Brian, like at the GP. Brian will obviously be at Worlds unless he has some personal issues that would prevent him from going.

Ehh, it's Orser who's got tons of experience in looking after skaters before a competition, sending them off at the boards, so he'd better be there. But it could be that Ghislain wants to transition to a full-fledged coach and could use the some experience. As I said before, I'm a Polyanna, so maybe it's all logical in the TCC, they could use more high-profile coaches with so many students. I can just never take David Lease without a grain of salt, or the Haw guy who was convinced that Hanyu would retire.

The idea if Hanyu taking Ghislain with him after retirement to kick start his own school is kinda great though. Hanyu could transplant some of the TCC methods. But that's so many years in future it's barely worth thinking about. Does Briand have a family?

by Anonymousreply 214February 25, 2019 8:49 AM

r213 Well, if Ghislain is sticking around only because of Hanyu, disregard my previous post.

by Anonymousreply 215February 25, 2019 8:51 AM

Didn't Hanyu stay in Japan to train right before Worlds 2015?

by Anonymousreply 216February 25, 2019 8:55 AM

R212 R214 Why would it be noteworthy (and worth TSL mentioning it) if Ghislain were just going to Worlds with Hanyu (along with Orser)? Ghislain's been at every competition with Hanyu since NHK 2017. Maybe R213 is right - they're not going for a month before Worlds, but in the time between Worlds and WTT.

In other news, looks like Higuchi is going to university in Japan. So much for those TCC rumors.

by Anonymousreply 217February 25, 2019 9:07 AM

I actually went and watched that part of the TSL. Lol, my god, the way David speaks, his narrowed "intrigue" eyes, he's like a parody of Alexis Colby stirring the pot. I can't take h seriously, despite him making some of the same points as I have. The other guy is actually better to listen to.

r217 You're right, it wouldn't.

by Anonymousreply 218February 25, 2019 9:11 AM

RusFed press sec just came out with this odd statement (which makes me think TSL might be right in that RusFed may do some shuffling yet before worlds, depending on readiness and injury, regardless of the skaters selected by the submission deadline today): “Nothing is clear yet. There is a whole month before Worlds. They could submit an extended application. Anything might happen, e.g. people might get injured. It won’t be a list of exactly three people in each discipline”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 219February 25, 2019 9:22 AM

Well...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 220February 25, 2019 9:24 AM

r219 Well. I guess that's mostly about Zagitova? Her international placements make her a no-brainer on the team, but if her condition is no good by Worlds, she could always withdraw. I suspect even Tutberidze might prefer that she withdraw than finish 6th. Same for Kolyada if his splatting means he hasn't recovered from his sickness yet.

But that info about Kolyada wanting to go Lambiel was interesting. I agree though with the Rus fed, that Lambiel wouldn't help much for splatting on quads. Unless what Kolyada believes he needs is getting out of Russia, changing the environment so that he can focus. Hey, maybe he's gay and needs to get laid, it'd probably be easier in Switzerland.

by Anonymousreply 221February 25, 2019 9:43 AM

R216 That was an unusual situation due to the unexpected surgery and ankle injury. He would have stayed in Toronto otherwise.

R221 Kolyada visited Lambiel and Raf before the season. Lambiel said his problem was psychological. Raf said it was a training issue. Maybe he thinks Lambiel is right. Lambiel also choreographed for him, so they must have a close relationship. Deniss 2.0?

by Anonymousreply 222February 25, 2019 10:39 AM

There's some guy named Artem that I think I remember Kolyada Instagramming about their holiday together, seeing the sights, etc. But just like so many skaters, his private life is obscure - probably as it should be, especially if he's gay and going to continue to live in Russia.

by Anonymousreply 223February 25, 2019 10:40 AM

Honestly think Ghislain going with Hanyu's team is all part of TCC's plan going forward and making sure no skater is unattended by a coach after Worlds 2016 where both Hanyu and Javi were affected by injuries and fans made a ruckus that Brian didn't care about Hanyu enough. Tracy will probably go to Worlds with Brown. Brian with Cha (and Med if she makes the team). Also the old Japanese guy that used to follow Hanyu around has retired so instead of bringing someone new onboard at competitions Ghislain is probably just replacing a hole on the team.

by Anonymousreply 224February 25, 2019 11:07 AM

r223 If I remember correctly, that was Artem Lezheev, another Russian skater. He just finished last at the Russian Cup final. It's more likely it's a training friendship. Like Hanyu and Fernandez. Which is pretty gay, so who knows. Tuk and some others are open about their relationships but we haven't heard anything about Kolyada dating, have we?

by Anonymousreply 225February 25, 2019 1:28 PM

56% of voters on this site think Kolyada is gay.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 226February 25, 2019 1:43 PM

Apparently, Brian unfollowed TSL on Instagram a few weeks ago and they unfollowed him as well. There's some teen girl drama afoot!!!

by Anonymousreply 227February 25, 2019 2:05 PM

R226 that's a very interesting website

by Anonymousreply 228February 25, 2019 2:11 PM

Am I seeing this right, for now RusFed is sending the EC team to WC - Konstantinova, Samodurova and Zagitova?

by Anonymousreply 229February 25, 2019 2:18 PM

A tiny town in conservative Switzerland is not going to be much more gay friendly than St. Petersburg, lol. Otherwise you'd think Stephane would be a little more open after all these years.

I don't like Kolyada so I'm glad he's not going to Stephane. I just find him so boring, passionless and lacking any kind of character, and I don't want Deniss to have to vie for attention with another top skater.

by Anonymousreply 230February 25, 2019 2:19 PM

R229 No. Euros line up + Med +Tuk. Basically 5 ladies with equal opportunity. I think one of them will ( be forced to ) pull off because of "injury" in the end.

by Anonymousreply 231February 25, 2019 2:29 PM

They're sending Stanislava again??? WTF? I would have been ok with either Liza or Evgenia, but Stanislava sucks. Neither Liza or Evgenia ever came close to bombing at Worlds the way she did last year.

by Anonymousreply 232February 25, 2019 2:38 PM

If rumours about the condition of her health were true it might well be Zag at the end of the day. They'll just wait with the announcement to delay the shitstorm that will inevitably come (from her crazy Rus stans) when Zag will be chnged to Med...It looks like the drama is ahead.

by Anonymousreply 233February 25, 2019 2:38 PM

[R227] Is that why Tracey is being fawned over so much?

by Anonymousreply 234February 25, 2019 2:41 PM

WC team (as of 2/25/19) according to RusFed. Subject to change because RusFed didn't have time to meet after Russian Cup:

Ladies: Konstantinova, Samodruova, Zagitova (alt: Tuktamysheva, Medvedeva)

Men: Kolyada, Kovtun, Samarin (alt: Lazukin, Aliev, Voronov)

Pairs: Boikova/Kozlovskii, Tarasova/Morozov, Zabiiako/Enbert (alt: Pavlichenko/Khodykin, Mishina/Galliamov)

Dance: Sinitsina/Katsalapov, Stepanova/Bukin

by Anonymousreply 235February 25, 2019 2:51 PM

R234 That might explain it. They did say that Tracy is now the star of TCC. Most of the sympathy I had for TSL after the Coughlin brouhaha has now dissipated. They like fucking with people's minds and relationships and careers for sport.

by Anonymousreply 236February 25, 2019 2:54 PM

Med updated IG saying something like If she gets chosen she will do her best. 90% she will be sent to Worlds. And the post is a PR move.

by Anonymousreply 237February 25, 2019 3:31 PM

r226 Well, I need to marry Kolyada because the users of that website also say that Kolyada is worth $1548231109.

by Anonymousreply 238February 25, 2019 8:43 PM

First round of skaters announced for Fantasy on Ice. Men: Oda, Lambiel, Buttle, Weir, Balde.

Ladies: Arakawa (Makuhari, Sendai only), Suzuki (Kobe, Toyama only), Kostner (Makuhari, Sendai only).

Ice Dance: Virtue/Moir (Sendai, Kobe, Toyama only), Cappellini/Lanotte (Makuhari, Sendai only).

Tickets for Makuhari (Tokyo area) are cheaper than the other locations. A certain someone has talk shows at Toyama and Kobe, and is unlikely to miss the Sendai show.

At the “Hyoen” press conference, Takahashi said that he plans to compete for as long as he’s able to skate and will participate in what competitions he can.

The Tokyo government is considering converting the Tokyo Tatsumi International Swimming Center in Koto-ku into an ice rink after the 2020 Olympics. There are few rinks open year-round in Tokyo, despite a local population of 13 million (or over 38 million for greater Tokyo).

New video of Zagitova practicing 3Lz3T3Lo:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 239February 25, 2019 9:30 PM

R213 Thanks for the information about what Yagudin said about Med & her team. Interesting.

R227 Good to hear that Brian finally got a clue and unfollowed TSL. No wonder Dave--who I'm becoming more and more convinced is a sociopath--is now trying to spread gossip about the coaches at TCC. He's so wasting his time--Brian and Tracy are very close and very old friends who have said repeatedly in interviews that they would never let skating negatively impact their friendship. And I think Brian was the best man at Ghislain's wedding so they are probably very close too. As for Ghislain's relationship with Yuzu, I think right now he's actually filling the void left by Tracy having to babysit Med--something she probably isn't thrilled about but willing to do so Brian doesn't have to.

by Anonymousreply 240February 25, 2019 9:33 PM

Pogorilaya should be a movie star.

As enjoyable as she was when she skated clean, and as trainwrecky as she could be when she splatted, she was wasted on skating.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 241February 25, 2019 9:44 PM

I had no idea Brian was Ghislain's best man. That means they're actually close friends and usually friends that close don't play power games. So I don't think Brian is deliberately keeping Ghislain away from Med just to diminish Ghislain professionally.

What annoys me about David Lease is that assumption that Ghislain being affectionate with Yuzu is just marking his territory and a mind game with Brian. Like, has Lease never seen people being affectionate because, well, they have affection for somebody?

David Lease is literally the only source of those rummors and I think he sees what he wants to see and interprets facts so they fit his theory.

by Anonymousreply 242February 25, 2019 10:03 PM

Kind of sad Kolyada interview (about 4 minutes) that's been subtitled in English - after his latest FS disaster in Tallinn. He can still smile - sorta. Talked about what happened (that it would be easier to say what went right with his FS than all the things that went wrong) and his plans for Worlds.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 243February 26, 2019 6:08 AM

I'm so torn between wanting the clear file of Shoma in his wedding dress top - or one of the "couple" clearfiles with him and Itsuki.

But if they only had one of Shoma in wedding dress and holding flowers, with Lazukin looking lovingly down on him on the podium, like a bride and groom at a wedding. Now that I might spend the real bucks to Japan for!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 244February 26, 2019 6:59 AM

[quote] Good to hear that Brian finally got a clue and unfollowed TSL. No wonder Dave--who I'm becoming more and more convinced is a sociopath--is now trying to spread gossip about the coaches at TCC.

You’ve given me a lot of food for thought. I’d been thinking Narcissistic Personality Disorder which I, unfortunately, have a lot of personal familiarity with. They assume everyone else is like them – that others are also filled with rage, envy and paranoia – they can’t imagine anyone not being like that. There’s a lot of projection and also a kind of sadistic pleasure at other people’s misfortunes and so they like bullying, like a cat playing with a mouse, every chance they get. And they crave attention like a junkie craves his next fix.

There are often addiction problems, which Dave has talked about, both with alcohol and Adderall, because they’re so bored with their empty selves (that emptiness is also why they love to stir up trouble and chaos). Oh well, I shouldn’t be armchair diagnosing – your sociopath label suits just fine. All sociopaths are narcissists anyway, though they say the reverse isn’t true, but I wonder…

by Anonymousreply 245February 26, 2019 7:31 AM

Worlds entries

35 men

40 ladies

19 Pairs...all qualified for FS...no Australians and Japan

27 Ice Dance

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 246February 26, 2019 8:25 AM

I don't understand what Russia is doing. Not naming their team until the last second is going to make it hard for any of their skaters to train and prepare properly. Sounds like a recipe for failure.

by Anonymousreply 247February 26, 2019 10:04 AM

It's been obvious to me that Dave Lease is a toxic narcissist from day 1. I'm always amazed that there are so many people out there who don't get it and keep feeding his ego, but then I remember all the Trumptards we have in this country.

Maybe the Russian Fed is waiting to see who gives them the biggest and best bribe...it's so stupid. What was even the point of having the Russian Cup Final?

by Anonymousreply 248February 26, 2019 12:10 PM

Kihira is going to Colorado in a few days to practice her planned elements for WC. I know team JPN sometimes goes abroad to train for various things, but it seems Kihira is away a lot, and so close to Worlds. Are there any rumors of her leaving Hamada? I hope that isn't the case.

by Anonymousreply 249February 26, 2019 8:16 PM

I hope Kihira stays put. Hamada is able to develop what Kihira needs - refinement, polish and artistry. Kihira doesn't have serious issues with her technique, so the occasional brush up with Ghislain or whomever seems adequate. Or, maybe Hanyu and Ghislain can move to Hamada. Hanyu and Tamura at the K&C would blow some people's minds around here.

by Anonymousreply 250February 26, 2019 9:07 PM

Is she going to Colorado to learn some URs? Oh well, the Challenge Cup panel took note

by Anonymousreply 251February 26, 2019 9:27 PM

r244 Kihara hasn’t fully recovered from the concussion he sustained during a twist lift before 4CC. They tried to return to practice last week, but realized he wasn’t well enough. I don’t know what the Japanese team is going to do if he doesn’t recover by WTT. I don’t think there’s another pair that can take their place.

R248 It’s not just Lease. Haw also seems to be feeding him something, and he has his own agenda and (sometimes false) assumptions. Both Orser and Haw were fully aware of how Lease can be yet they used him to leak info about their skaters.

r249 Her choreographer, Tom Dickson, is based at the Broadmoor Skating Club and Coach Hamada is with her. (Miyahara is probably with them, too). They’ll be there for 10 days. It’s very common for top skaters to meet with their choreographers throughout the season between competitions. Benoit is currently in Japan with Sakamoto and Wilson periodically goes to Japan, but I think the skaters always have to go to Colorado to see Dickson. The other advantage to training in Colorado is the ability to train at high altitude and use the rink for longer hours. (Rink space and time is very limited in Japan.)

r251 Those were dirty judges! They weren’t URed according to video, at least.

by Anonymousreply 252February 26, 2019 10:56 PM

[quote] I don’t know what the Japanese team is going to do if he doesn’t recover by WTT.

It is time for a comeback for Arai/Amano!

by Anonymousreply 253February 26, 2019 11:00 PM

R241 lol I was just watching a compilation video of her jump falls. She should have gone into modeling, girl's gorgeous.

by Anonymousreply 254February 26, 2019 11:04 PM

Actually, it is time to resurect the slutty pair skater who used to proudly show his butt on IG...Ryo Shibata

by Anonymousreply 255February 26, 2019 11:09 PM

R254 Or high end prostitution - certainly better pay and working conditions than skating.

R255 You called?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 256February 26, 2019 11:19 PM

Are the Zag and Med camps just going to duke it out on Instagram until RusFed makes up its mind?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 257February 27, 2019 5:19 AM

R257 Didn't Med say in a interview that Tuk deserved Worlds spot ? And now she said she want edto go to Worlds, which means one of three including Tuk who she said to deserve the spot more than her could be kicked out.

by Anonymousreply 258February 27, 2019 5:32 AM

Council of Russian Fed have decided

19 votes for Medvedeva

7 for Tuktamysheva

1 abstaintion

Med goes to world along with Zagitova and Samodurova

by Anonymousreply 259February 27, 2019 12:25 PM

r259 Well. This thread is going to go into hysterics, lol.

But if I were Tuk, I'd be mad.

Still, there's a possibility of Zag withdrawing if the rummors about her health are true.

by Anonymousreply 260February 27, 2019 12:34 PM

As if we didn't know Med was the darling. I'm an asshole so I'm looking forward to Sofia placing higher than the two saved by PCS Queens, Alina and Med. Both of their messy seasons can be summed up by them eking higher totals based on their reputation.

by Anonymousreply 261February 27, 2019 12:44 PM

At 261: I am with you!

by Anonymousreply 262February 27, 2019 12:49 PM

Looking forward to seeing Russia losing three spots next season.

by Anonymousreply 263February 27, 2019 12:52 PM

Lol poor Tuk

by Anonymousreply 264February 27, 2019 1:09 PM

Honestly, if Russia loses 3 spots, it'd be hilarious seeing the backlash especially with the quad Queens coming next season so the fight for 2 Worlds spots would be even more of a bloodbath.

by Anonymousreply 265February 27, 2019 1:26 PM

I'd be pissed if I were Tuk too. I like Med, but this hasn't been her season. R261, I'll laugh if Sofia has the highest placement of the Russians. She's the most consistent of all the senior women this season, and her program is fun to watch.

by Anonymousreply 266February 27, 2019 1:41 PM

Well, Tuk is taking it well: "Inside myself still was a little girl who naively believed. You’ve killed her. But I’m a fighter and will return." I feel bad for her. What bs

by Anonymousreply 267February 27, 2019 1:42 PM

R267 So she is pissed

by Anonymousreply 268February 27, 2019 1:45 PM

People that said Tuk doesn't have the PCS cushion if her 3A fails unlike Med is basically saying Med got in because she has reputation PCS.

Anyway, Med making the Worlds team after a bad first half season is a smaller story than if Tuk made the team after falling off the radar for a few seasons. Missed opportunity to show how (Russian) senior ladies can make a comeback.

by Anonymousreply 269February 27, 2019 1:50 PM

R267 Wow that's dramatic. I like her fire though.

by Anonymousreply 270February 27, 2019 2:29 PM

Apparently Brian made a stupid remark about Zhenya being chosen for Worlds? I didn't usually mind his PR for his skaters but this year it's been really annnoying.

by Anonymousreply 271February 27, 2019 2:34 PM

Brian Orser on Russian ladies Worlds team: “I’m really happy! It was an interesting and fair process [of choosing the spot]. Now we go back to work with precise understanding. See you all in Japan!”

by Anonymousreply 272February 27, 2019 2:36 PM

LOL @ Brian Orser calling the process fair.

by Anonymousreply 273February 27, 2019 2:56 PM

does anyone know the Russian selection process? most countries do have rules. Hanyu made it based on the actual Japanese selection criteria for Worlds. I'm wondering is Med makes it based on her Olympic showing. If it is just willy nilly- agree its BS for Tuk

by Anonymousreply 274February 27, 2019 3:02 PM

The council who made the selection is supposed to be composed by

Chairman: Leonid Khachaturov

Deputy Chairmen: Galina Golubkova, Alexei Urmanov

Members: Irina Absalyamova, Svetlana Alexeeva, Viktor Anikanov, Valery Artuykhov, Evgeny Bezmenov, Elena Buyanova, Liudmila Volkova, Aleksandr Zhulin, Gennady Korponosov, Viktor Kudriavtsev, Aleksandr Kusnetsov, Elena Levkovets, Alexei Mishin, Nina Mozer, Tamara Moskvina, Evgeni Rukavitsin, Aleksandr Svinin, Mikhail Stifunin, Alexei Suchkov, Tatiana Tarasova, Eteri Tutberidze, Valentina Tiukova

The vote tally reported totals to 27...so there must be 2 more people somewhere

by Anonymousreply 275February 27, 2019 3:05 PM

Mozer and Zhulin have told the press they have voted for Medvedeva

by Anonymousreply 276February 27, 2019 3:07 PM

Eteri voted for whom?hahahahah

by Anonymousreply 277February 27, 2019 3:11 PM

Apparently that's Hanyu in the background at r257. I'm sure he's delighted to have those two insta-whorelets filming their little stunt during his ice time.

by Anonymousreply 278February 27, 2019 3:44 PM

How well do the Russian ladies have to perform to keep their 3 spots?

by Anonymousreply 279February 27, 2019 4:12 PM

I'm curious to now how the selection process worked as well. Did Mishin have to make a Sophie's Choice between Tuk and Samo?

by Anonymousreply 280February 27, 2019 4:18 PM

R279 sum of the positions of their top 2 skaters must equal to 13 or lower

by Anonymousreply 281February 27, 2019 4:43 PM

lower? i dont think so

by Anonymousreply 282February 27, 2019 4:53 PM

a lower number of 13

12 is ok

11 is ok

if the sum is 14 is not ok

by Anonymousreply 283February 27, 2019 5:08 PM

oh i thought you mean place

by Anonymousreply 284February 27, 2019 5:10 PM

the combination are

if 2 Russians are in top 6 3 spots assured

the other acceptable combinations are

6+7

5+8

4+9

3+10

2+11

1+12

by Anonymousreply 285February 27, 2019 5:14 PM

Thanks, R281, R285. Unless all three bomb, I think they're going to keep their spots. Other than the JPN ladies, who are the other threats?

by Anonymousreply 286February 27, 2019 5:19 PM

The Russians bombing our could happen. They’ll get propped up as always.

by Anonymousreply 287February 27, 2019 5:28 PM

R287 Yes, I should have been more clear - they need to bomb so badly that most judges can't justify propping them up. I think that's unlikely.

by Anonymousreply 288February 27, 2019 5:39 PM

Interview with Shimada:

Everyone calls Stephane "mom"

Deniss bakes every day, so much that Stephane tells him, "you are baking too much!"

Stephane likes to clean

They watched Bohemian Rhapsody together and Stephane was like, we're using this boys!

Champery sounds gayer than the cum on Paul Poirier's moustache.

by Anonymousreply 289February 27, 2019 6:41 PM

R257: Both should be embarrassed by that.

by Anonymousreply 290February 27, 2019 6:43 PM

r278 It's also her ice-time. Whole world doesn't revolve around Hanyu. (I feel compelled to repeat it every now and then.)

by Anonymousreply 291February 27, 2019 7:06 PM

Maybe they were taking turns doing their thang and he was up next so he was warming up in the background a little? He was well away from where she was skating. And I'm impressed that someone figured out it was him - I tried - recently, Med posted a picture with Junhwan saying one of her buddies was back, but Jason and Joseph were still missing. So anyway, how did they tell Yuzu from Jun? Though I guess he'd be more likely to stand aside but with Yuzu, NObody should put baby in the corner! He's earned it.

by Anonymousreply 292February 27, 2019 7:15 PM

[R292] I believe that was Gabby who posted the picture with Junhwan

by Anonymousreply 293February 27, 2019 7:22 PM

R291 Please, save your sanctimony for a more deserving object of DL scorn. if Med didn't have a history of sucking the oxygen out of every situation, no one would care about this particular bit of attention whoring: she's not the OGM, but it's all about her loss and her journey; she fucks up her season, but it's all about her minor comeback in a minor national competition (and really, in just the SP, still propped up by judges and the tech panel); she campaigns for a spot she doesn't deserve by clearing the ice so she could ugly skate an ugly step sequence choreographed by her third rate choreographer/personal documentarian/coach to the stars.

I don't like Tuk's skating, but I can appreciate that her comeback this season was amazing, for both her age and everything she's gone through. I can't believe the comeback people are now talking about is Med's at fucking Russian Cup.

by Anonymousreply 294February 27, 2019 7:49 PM

Oh you're right, R293. Sorry about that.

by Anonymousreply 295February 27, 2019 7:55 PM

R294: Amen

by Anonymousreply 296February 27, 2019 8:04 PM

r294 And it all still doesn't make the world revolve around Hanyu. Or make the ice-time just Hanyu's.

Saying that as someone who actually much prefers Tuk's slutty skating to Med's.

by Anonymousreply 297February 27, 2019 8:05 PM

On another note, women's gold is wide open for the first time in years. Any predictions?

If I had to wager, I'd put my money on a podium of Zagitova, Kihira and Sakamoto. Not a large amount though, and I wouldn't bet on the order.

by Anonymousreply 298February 27, 2019 8:18 PM

Gold to Alexia Paganini

Silver to Viveca Lindford

Bronze to Matilda Algotsson

by Anonymousreply 299February 27, 2019 8:25 PM

R297 I already explained at R294 that I'm not saying the world revolves around Hanyu - just that it shouldn't revolve around Med. The Hanyu thing was just a throw away aside the you're choosing to hang your tiresome-cunt badge on.

by Anonymousreply 300February 27, 2019 8:28 PM

R300 So why you bring HAnyu into that blaming those people that they record him for purpose , asshole?

by Anonymousreply 301February 27, 2019 8:40 PM

Are you distraught and don’t know what to do with yourself? Frustrated by the latest announcement?

How about channeling your anger at another fed?

It’s Bunshun’s 60th anniversary and the magazine is asking readers to vote on the “scoops” they’d most like to see again. Subscribers to their email list can vote for six scoops out of a list of 60, and 60 voters will receive a gift certificate of 10,000 yen! Deadline is today (Feb 28) at 6PM, Japan time. One of the scoops on the list is Number 33: (2014/8/28) “Seiko Hashimoto Forcibly Smooches Daisuke Takahashi.” To vote, go to: bunshun. jp/articles/-/10246 (delete the space) Click the red ”投票する” and sign in.

(By the way, you can subscribe to their email list and vote even if you live overseas. Click the メールマガジン link under the red “投票する” to register and select海外 at the very bottom when it asks where you live.)

Oda sobs in every commercial on savings and asset formation by the Japanese Bankers Association: @zenginkyo

Was it the German doctor to the Russian Olympic athletes who just got arrested for helping skiers dope?

R256 That’s tame (and boring) compared to what was on his old account…

R259 I hope Tuk still gets WTT. Medvedeva tango vs. Miyahara tango should be interesting, although Ge is probably going to do everything he can to be there. (Please don’t show up at the banquet.) I can’t believe some Med fans are still claiming she isn’t favored by Russian fed and now complaining about the results from Pyeongchang again.

R257:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 302February 27, 2019 9:27 PM

R302 Anger??stop seeing hanyu everywhere. You behave like stupid 12 years old frau

by Anonymousreply 303February 27, 2019 9:46 PM

French CBC is reporting that Medvedeva's quitting Canada and going back to train in Russia. As if there wasn't enough drama around her today.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 304February 27, 2019 10:21 PM

R301 I mentioned Hanyu because I found it hilarious that a known pissant about both being filmed and his ice time was lurking ominously in the background while those two acted like they were filming the ending to Ice Castles.

R302 LOL is there a word for "smooch" in Japanese that's different from "kiss"? In English, smooch is perfect for that situation, both for the sloppiness of the effort and the sad, girlish pucker of her wizened lips.

You're right, r302, for some reason the Tuk thing did put me over the edge. I honestly don't know why since I'm not invested in the situation. But anyway, I'm sorry r297 for calling you a tiresome cunt in a negative way. You should wear it as a badge of honor.

by Anonymousreply 305February 27, 2019 10:24 PM

[quote] French CBC is reporting that Medvedeva's quitting Canada and going back to train in Russia.

Whoa. Just because Hanyu wouldn't get off the ice for her "It's time for my closeup, Mr DeMille" moment?

j/k

by Anonymousreply 306February 27, 2019 10:25 PM

R304: I hope she finds what she’s looking for in life. I bet she’s broke and had to move back.

by Anonymousreply 307February 27, 2019 10:27 PM

R304 Sounded fishy.

by Anonymousreply 308February 27, 2019 10:35 PM

The Skating Lesson @SkatingLesson

Update: Brian Orser taught Evgenia all afternoon and discussed scheduling arrangements. This news story by Radio Canada appears to be a bad translation at best.

by Anonymousreply 309February 27, 2019 10:36 PM

Peace r305, it may look like our differences are about to be solved in the most dramatic and hilarious way if what r304 and CBC report is true. I have trouble believing it though, because it'd mean that Med has given up - unless by some cosmic twist of fate Eteri would take her back.

by Anonymousreply 310February 27, 2019 10:37 PM

r309 Well damn. The drama strangled in its infancy.

by Anonymousreply 311February 27, 2019 10:38 PM

Probably Med has just given her temporary promise to CSKA to be their star skater next season in exchange for the worlds team votes. She can very well announce she changes her mind after her Saitama trip and will continue to train in Canada. It’s not like she hasn’t been changing her mind left right and upside down in the past 12 months anyways.

by Anonymousreply 312February 27, 2019 10:41 PM

How would Dave Lease know that? He must have someone on sight at TCC feeding him info, which wouldn't be Doug Haw, surely.

by Anonymousreply 313February 27, 2019 10:42 PM

* oh crap - I think I should have said "on site"

by Anonymousreply 314February 27, 2019 10:42 PM

R312: Yeah, there’s something fishy about it. It’s a strange story to brush away with bad translation.

by Anonymousreply 315February 27, 2019 10:44 PM

R313, wild guess that it’s Misha Ge the coach and mentor of every skater.

by Anonymousreply 316February 27, 2019 10:44 PM

That's the first thing I thought of R312. That in some kind of closed door meeting, Med agreed to come back to Russia if they'd vote her through to Worlds. I don't suppose she'd have to work with Eteri. Surely not Mishin though. ...How about Plushy? :) Or that lady's who's having so much success with Kolyada and Konstantinova.

by Anonymousreply 317February 27, 2019 10:44 PM

Ah... brilliant deduction R316. If those are birds of a feather, I don't know who is.

by Anonymousreply 318February 27, 2019 10:45 PM

* If those AREN'T birds of a feather...

by Anonymousreply 319February 27, 2019 10:46 PM

R317, there’s a reason for her prolonged stay at CSKA after Rus nationals. And it has nothing to do with “visa” issues. Isn’t it true the club/coaches in Russia gets a cut of their skaters’ earnings from prize money and shows? With Med’s sponsorships and ice show offers, I’m sure CSKA would gladly take her on since there’s really nothing happening on their end at the moment.

by Anonymousreply 320February 27, 2019 10:48 PM

I thought it was weird that Med had no social media comments today.

by Anonymousreply 321February 27, 2019 10:49 PM

r317 In other words, if she goes back to Russia, her career over? Other than Tutberidze and somewhat Mishin there are no truly successful ladies coaches in Russsia.

by Anonymousreply 322February 27, 2019 10:50 PM

Can she skate for cska and continue training in Canada?

by Anonymousreply 323February 27, 2019 10:52 PM

r323 Theoretically, yes. If I'm not mistaken, right now she represents Sambo.

by Anonymousreply 324February 27, 2019 10:54 PM

Rafael Arutyunyan interview 27 Feb 2019:

Some excerpts: “I see a serious problem in that people who come up with the rules do not really understand figure skating.” “...no one thought that for nearly 16 years, coaches raised their athletes in the previously existing rules that are not very well connected with new ones.”

[How will this affect Nathan Chen?] “yesterday we were offered to grow up fearless racers, and when we did this, we were suddenly told that now we don’t need racers, we need slow movers” “What could be interesting here? We are offered to stop storming the most complex elements and start to show off in public. Is it not noticeable that almost everyone lowered the bar. and began to flaunt?”

“For success, it is very important that the athlete has complete confidence in the coach, and not engaged in the activity behind his back.” [end of excerpts]

I wonder which specific skaters he had in mind when he said that about not engaging in activities behind the coach’s back. Also boo hoo for his poor baby Nathan. Actually, not letting them repeat two quads but only one helped Nathan in comparison to Yuzuru, who must feel pressured to keep the 4Lo despite the risk because he can't have a 4-quad program without it (or the 4Lz or 4A - assuming he doesn't want to learn the 4F and he's said 3F is problematic for him.)

The interview's linked and is in English.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 325February 28, 2019 1:30 AM

R302 I take voting very seriously, so I'd like to know what #42 is - "(42) January 14, 2016 Becky forbidden love The opponent is a red and white singer." That sounds like it might have been a bigger scoop than "(33) August 2014 28 Seiko Hashimoto who had been impossible to talk to the day issue Daisuke Takahashi."

I've seen Oda up close and maybe it was the shock of it, but he's actually not as odd looking in real life as he appears on screen. His features don't seem as exaggerated. I would even go so far as to say he was kind of attractive in a non ugly way. He was also standing next to Shuzo Matsuoka, so that's saying a lot.

by Anonymousreply 326February 28, 2019 1:45 AM

I would love for Med to go back to Russian. So sick of constantly hearing about such a mediocre skater.

by Anonymousreply 327February 28, 2019 7:34 AM

[quote]Or that lady's who's having so much success with Kolyada and Konstantinova.

Thanks for the laugh.

by Anonymousreply 328February 28, 2019 1:15 PM

Transcript of Jason Brown's interview on Jack Gallagher's "Ice Time" podcast. He talks about how his quads are coming + Yuzuru, Med, Takahashi, Mao, Brian and Tracy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 329February 28, 2019 6:29 PM

Cup of Tyrol this week!

Are you excited?

Men SP tomorrow

Starting Order

Zandron

Maszljanko

Virtanen

Vanz

Dimitrescu

Burghart

Vasiljevs

Murashow

Live stream here

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 330February 28, 2019 8:06 PM

wrong link

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 331February 28, 2019 8:08 PM

Was anyone asking themseves why on earth Kihira took part in that Challenge Cup like me? Well, turns out there was a point to it after all. With the points she earned for the win, her world standing gets her in the last skating group for the SP at worlds.

by Anonymousreply 332February 28, 2019 11:22 PM

R330 [quote]Cup of Tyrol this week! Are you excited?

No. Snore. I miss Yuzu and can’t wait for Worlds.

by Anonymousreply 333February 28, 2019 11:24 PM

R332 Yup, shows a lot of foresight on the part of JSF

R333 Speak for yourself! I'm calling it now: G- Burghart, S-QuadDoc and B-Maszljanko. It' going to be an exciting fight for Bronze though. Is it tomorrow yet in Austria?

by Anonymousreply 334February 28, 2019 11:28 PM

And I'm guessing world standing points are the reason Vasilievs is doing the Tyrol Cup. He needs a whooping 6 points to get ahead of Kvitelashvili and into the 2nd to last group. Even if r334 predictions come true, Vasiljevs should still get it.

Cha did what he could, but it'll be 3rd to last group for him. What hurt his standing the most was no action last season. His current season ranking is actually #2 right behind Shoma Uno.

by Anonymousreply 335February 28, 2019 11:42 PM

Dear god, why is Virtanen competing again??? When the fuck does he have time for doctoring?

by Anonymousreply 336March 1, 2019 12:57 AM

r336 He's trying to get into the fourth to last group, obvs.

by Anonymousreply 337March 1, 2019 1:38 AM

r336 He'll have time for doctoring when he grows old. Seize the ice when you can.

by Anonymousreply 338March 1, 2019 10:43 AM

They really should think of expanding the rules concerning jump combinations and sequences. Shit like this would be awesome to see in a program, choreographed with music.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 339March 1, 2019 11:18 AM

WC is coming...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 340March 1, 2019 1:14 PM

TSL Troll, I'm curious...they used to be obsessed with the fact that Liza took meldonium. Dave harped on it constantly and was certain that she was no longer successful because she had stopped taking it. So what does he say now? Does he accuse her of doping again or is he being faux-supportive because that is the general trend, and pretending like that never happened?

by Anonymousreply 341March 1, 2019 1:54 PM

R341 I'm not TSLT, but iirc Doug hasn't talked about Russian doping in his appearances after Med joined TCC.

by Anonymousreply 342March 1, 2019 2:55 PM

R341 duh disregard my comment at r342. I thought you were talking about Doug and not Dave Lease.

by Anonymousreply 343March 1, 2019 3:39 PM

I'm TSL Troll (who's been a bit sheepish about him lately...) He can turn on a dime, that's for sure. Kaori was a boring, useless skater in his eyes, till she wasn't (he lumped her and Mai together as "nice but boring")- and now he's all about how vibrant she is, with a great presence and personality. Other turnarounds...

And again, one sentence about the men, mainly pushed by Jonathan who was sad that his favorite Aliev is not even the first alternate but the second. You'd think Kolyada's meltdown would have merited at least a couple comments but nope, nothin'

He was on about some "premium content" on his Patreon page where the paid guests could ask him questions directly in a Q&A. Oy. Between that and the ads every 5 or 10 minutes to "skip" through - I don't know how much longer I'll hang in there. I skipped his interview with that guy Joe (who submitted questions for the ISU before the recent changes? at least I think that's what he said in the Russian world pick video) and I'm certainly not joining Patreon!

Oh! And on his Instagram, "TSL" posted something about drinking wine. Which means Dave may be off the wagon? He's talked recently about his addiction problems with both alcohol and Adderall. Hmm.

by Anonymousreply 344March 1, 2019 3:50 PM

R344 Why they call you a troll? They are fucking lazy , you give them a favor , what is their problem??

by Anonymousreply 345March 1, 2019 3:53 PM

r345 I don't know why we're calling r344 a troll but it's with great love, we appreciate them very much.

344 You don't have an adblock that's effective on Youtube, r344? I use one both on windows and android and almost never see the ads.

by Anonymousreply 346March 1, 2019 4:08 PM

Ah, thanks R346! I'll get on that!

I did listen to the newest TSL (not the Joe one though.) He read off the names of the voters (on the Med v Tuk issue) at about the 15 minute mark, and they wondered who voted for who. They decided they thought Eteri voted for Med, for various reasons. Dave even suggested that she voted for Med thinking she'd screw up and make Eteri look like more of a genius lol. And a lot of stuff about Tessa Scott and how charistmatic yet scripted she is. I 'think' Dave said that Scott wears lifts while he's skating? That took me by surprise, IF that's what he said. Oh and Scott finished high school at age 27 (because of taking time out for skating.)

When he talked about the rumor that Med was quitting Canada, he immediately mentioned Doug Haw, so I thought that might mean that's where he got confirmation that Med had NOT left TCC and what Brian and she had been doing that afternoon. So I guess Doug could have read the rumor and called Brian right away - maybe Haw's the only connection after all. Not sure though. Misha Ge was a good guess. Dave did a one-on-one interview with Misha so probably would answer him right away if Dave contacted him. Anything to keep your publicity up.

Oh and thanks R346 about the troll thing, though I feel like one, and a bit icky, because he is obs a narcissist who makes crap up sometimes, and holds grudges. I can't believe he got through an episode without insulting Tom Z in some way. I really can't remember much that was interesting about this one - he's slipping with the shade!

by Anonymousreply 347March 1, 2019 4:33 PM

R 347: Is Med leaving TCC? Nobody thought she fled this past month.

by Anonymousreply 348March 1, 2019 4:41 PM

I have a huge crush on Dave's partner in crime, Jonathan Beyer. He's so handsome (with his beard and cleft chin). Even his queeniness is endearing.

by Anonymousreply 349March 1, 2019 4:44 PM

R347: Another thing, why didn’t Med refute the claim directly with the CBC?

by Anonymousreply 350March 1, 2019 4:49 PM

R348 R350 French CBC did correct its article, stating: "Radio-Canada Sports wants to correct an article published Wednesday. We wrote that Evgenia Medvedeva was leaving Canada to continue her career in Russia. This is not the case." So someone from the Med camp probably did reach out to them directly.

by Anonymousreply 351March 1, 2019 4:52 PM

Tuk posted this recently. Is she hoping for WTT or for Zags to literally break a leg?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 352March 1, 2019 4:54 PM

That's a good point - are we 100% sure the Canadian thingy was wrong? Oh and Dave got after the Quebecois, talking about what weird people they are. (pot, kettle)

Oh... thanks R351. As I was typing I saw your post.

And I agree R349. At first, his manic way of speaking bothered me - but he's either calmed down or those curls won me over. He has a sweetness that's a nice counterbalance to Dave. I didn't watch many episodes with Jenny, but I actually didn't like her all that much (maybe because she wouldn't shut up about Yuzuru not pointing his toes - she even had the nerve to ask Tracy Wilson about it when they interviewed her and Tracy looked a bit startled, and replied something about - "He has to worry about the jumps".

And oh my god, I tried to listen to Jack Gallagher a few minutes, and just never mind. The In the Loop women - well, I like the written transcript but not listening live, and P J whoever ruins the one with that guy who hates Dave so much that he gets on FSU to bring up old news to insult Dave with ouch!! Especially during the recent drama over John Coughlin.

by Anonymousreply 353March 1, 2019 4:56 PM

R351: Thank you!

by Anonymousreply 354March 1, 2019 4:59 PM

R352 She is hoping to get assigned to the Rriglav Trophy & Narcisa Cup in April

by Anonymousreply 355March 1, 2019 6:02 PM

R355 LMAO. I love you.

by Anonymousreply 356March 1, 2019 6:10 PM

Cup of Tyrol Short Programs

Ladies

1) Nicole Rajcova 63.18

2) Marina Piredda 56.43

3) Larkyn Austman 55.19 (again below minimum TES)

Men

1) Deniss Vasiljevs 82.23

2) Maurizio Zandron 68.44

3) Catlin Dimitrescu 64.04

(Virtanen 62.08)

by Anonymousreply 357March 1, 2019 6:30 PM

R353 I love the guy with PJ Kwong though, or more like his opinions. He isn't afraid to criticize, but doesn't fall into TSL territory.

by Anonymousreply 358March 1, 2019 6:31 PM

That's Tony Wheeler. I like him too.

by Anonymousreply 359March 1, 2019 6:43 PM

Danielian replaces Erokhov for Junior Worlds next week

by Anonymousreply 360March 1, 2019 9:38 PM

R341 Dave Lease definitely alluded to doping when he talked about Tuk in the most recent TSL, but it's subtle and you need to have known the background to catch it. At about 19:00, he says that back in 2015, she had all this energy to her skating that she doesn't have know. He repeats and circles around that word "energy" about 5,000 times and, then finally says, "she had all sorts of energy [back in 2015] but that's been debated."

by Anonymousreply 361March 1, 2019 9:43 PM

So.

Cha had the temerity to be filmed while Hanyu ghosted in the background, and a TCC instructor dared to post it on twitter.

Incosiderate attention whores.

by Anonymousreply 362March 1, 2019 9:51 PM

Oh, and Medvedeva had the gall to skate behind him.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 363March 1, 2019 9:53 PM

Ugly spin position.

by Anonymousreply 364March 1, 2019 9:56 PM

r364 Huh. I actually like that variation.

by Anonymousreply 365March 1, 2019 9:58 PM

R363 Well, one difference is that Cha is not flailing all over the rink, and Paige isn't pretending to be Stanley Kubrick filming a tracking shot in The Shining.

R364, I think that is a nice variation on the donut.

by Anonymousreply 366March 1, 2019 10:01 PM

C'mon Yuzuru give us a video too, you cryptid.

by Anonymousreply 367March 1, 2019 10:58 PM

Gallagher is interviewing Oksana Baiul this week. His latest interview was with Moa Iwano.

Tat says Tuk deserves to go to WTT. (How about Worlds instead?)

The 8th anniversary of the Tohoku Earthquake and Tsunami is coming up. Hanyu’s skates will be auctioned on Yahoo Japan for charity again. If you don’t have much money to spare, but would like to make a charitable contribution, you can download LINE’s official Hanyu stamps (“Yuzuru Hanyu 3.11 Smile Stamps”) for 240 yen or 100 LINE coins (about 2 USD) from March 7 – April 11. LINE hasn’t shared the designs yet.

Mura and sopranista Tomotaka Okamoto (who sings the Bolero theme for Fuji’s figure skating broadcasts) will be performing in the opening ceremony for Worlds.

Since Worlds will be broadcast on Fuji TV, we’ll hopefully get to see Ice Scope in action again.

Miyahara updated her blog. She’s in Colorado with Kihira and Hamada.

Maybe mishage_coach_fan really is Ge himself. Latest post: “Our life is our art.” (Probably just a coincidence, but they also make the same grammatical error when it comes to quoting.)

R305 “Smooch” was my choice of words, but fans like to refer to the infamous kiss(es) as the “Octopus Kiss.”

R363 I really wonder how TCC practice is going for Medvedeva right now. She spent most of her time in Russia between nationals and RCF, and Orser was gone to 4CC even after she returned to Toronto, so they only spent a couple of weeks together before she left for TCF. They supposedly skyped while she stayed in Moscow, but she was being coached by someone from CSKA.

Trailer for Uno’s Blu-ray/DVD:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 368March 1, 2019 11:23 PM

R368 Miyahara has a blog? Is it like Uno's blog where it's clearly run by someone else or does she appear to actually write in it?

R367 Here, something to make you thankful Hanyu likes to stay in his cave.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 369March 1, 2019 11:43 PM

R361 that went totally over my head! I remember thinking he's sure making a big deal of how she used to be... One of the pitfalls of being so new to skating fandom (since Pyeonchang)

That's my Dave - couldn't stand not injecting the scandal overtly, so he got it in there anyway lol. Towards the start, he also said he himself had body dysmorphia "like most skaters"

by Anonymousreply 370March 2, 2019 12:03 AM

R369 Hanyu's ass was the only thing that came off well in that cm.

Vintage Cizeron:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 371March 2, 2019 12:43 AM

R362 R363 Give it a rest. Plenty of TCC skaters have posted videos of themselves, some with Hanyu in the background. None was called an attention whore except the one who was actually attention whoring.

by Anonymousreply 372March 2, 2019 1:03 AM

R326 Becky is a TV personality who was caught dating Enon Kawatani, vocalist of Gesu no Kiwami Otome, who was married at the time. (To be fair, Kawatani hid his marriage and had other affairs, but Becky still stuck with him even after his marital status was revealed.) After Bunshun first alleged the affair, Becky held a press conference in which she denied their relationship, while privately mocking Bunshun (which she dubbed “Sentence Spring,” a literal English translation of the magazine’s name) on LINE, not realizing that Bunshun’s source had access to her texts as well as other evidence.

Since Becky was more famous and her selling point was her squeaky-clean brown-nosing image, which everyone had always found incredibly annoying and fake, she received the brunt of criticism and “Sentence Spring” became the expression of the year. The “scandal” was also shocking because no one could understand why anyone would risk their career for a guy who looks like a mushroom and sweaty balls. Anyway, Becky announced her engagement to a former pro baseball player turned coach last week and is trying to make a comeback. Meanwhile, Kawatani got divorced and was caught drinking with a minor (she was 19, drinking age is 20) not long after. He should start a cult because he’s also somehow managed to date several other women since.

R369 I’ve posted from it a couple of times, but it’s on ameblo which is popular blogging site among Japanese celebrities and figure skaters. She updates it herself. She’s the one who wrote about Deniss’ lime avocado tarte and has those nice photos of Champery.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 373March 2, 2019 1:32 AM

R373 OMG. Hahaha!! Thank you for the dirt on Becky and Enon. You weren't kidding when you said he looked like a mushroom and sweaty balls. Too bad I missed the deadline for voting, but I think I would have voted for Hashimoto and Takahashi. Becky/Enon are just your typical sleazy musician and his tartlet. In addition to the sexual harassing cougar angle, Hashimoto/Takahashi has that great gay twist.

Satoko seems kind of hilarious, actually. Too bad we'll never know much about her because of the language/cultural barrier and her own shyness. I've always loved her refined skating, minus the jumps.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 374March 2, 2019 2:00 AM

Thanks for all the info on Japanese skaters, JDC! Do you live in Japan? Going to worlds? I tried to get tickets but couldn't get any.

by Anonymousreply 375March 2, 2019 2:01 AM

Is there any official entry list for Universiade? Starts Wednesday, along with Junior Worlds.

by Anonymousreply 376March 2, 2019 12:36 PM

The whole first group of Men at Tyrol Cup couldn't reach the Worlds minimum TES of girls

by Anonymousreply 377March 2, 2019 1:47 PM

1) Vasiljevs 238.08

2) Zandron 212.83

3) Murashov 209.59

Ladies

1) Lecavelier 161.46

2) Schott 159.73

3) Piredda 159.33

4) Rajcova 156.88

5) Rodeghiero 154.88

by Anonymousreply 378March 2, 2019 2:09 PM

Has Hanyu seen this? Shoma, you in danger gurl.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 379March 2, 2019 8:49 PM

is he spanking pooh?

by Anonymousreply 380March 2, 2019 8:54 PM

I like how it takes him awhile to muster up the courage to spank a novelty tissue box and once he does it, he quickly stuffs his hands in his pocket pretending like nothing happened.

by Anonymousreply 381March 2, 2019 9:01 PM

Should we comment about the range of Interpretation marks for Doctor Virtanen going from 4.75 to 7.0 today? Oh well, Performance mark for Dimitrescu ranged from 4.75 to 7.25. Interpretation for Lucrezia Gennaro's Dracula went from 3.75 to 6.0

Mind you....ISU recommendations are "In a program containing Falls or Serious errors the score nine-fifty (9.5) or higher should not be awarded for Skating Skills, Transitions and Composition and the score nine (9.0) or higher should not be awarded for Performance and Interpretation."

Deniss fell twice....and Judge 1 and 2 gave him 9.0 in Interpretation....

let's name names...Ms. Aniela HEBEL-SZMAK from Poland and Ms. Dagmar KOTNAUER from Austria are our two genius.

by Anonymousreply 382March 2, 2019 9:17 PM

For men's, Judge #4 (Heck, GER) who gave our QuadDoc a river of 4.75s, was tough on everyone, but his scores for QuadDoc were especially harsh compared to the other judges.

Awarding 9+ for programs with falls has been happening in the major comps too. All of a sudden, the judges are closely reading the rule book and hanging their hats on the word "should."

by Anonymousreply 383March 2, 2019 10:09 PM

yes, Heck was generally 0.5-0.7 below the average for top 3 but for QuadDoc was 1.5 points below

by Anonymousreply 384March 2, 2019 10:21 PM

Apparently, RusFed pays people to be Med stans, in order to make her a star like Yuzu. Misha Ge was hired by them too as her PR specialist.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 385March 2, 2019 11:29 PM

R385 C'mon that whole diatribe looks patently ridiculous. Where's the proof? She has plenty of uber fans who would rush to her defense. No need for conspiracy theories. Latching himself onto more famous/accomplished skaters has been Ge's schtick for ages now. I highly doubt he's being paid especially to do what he just normally does.

by Anonymousreply 386March 2, 2019 11:41 PM

You need a better sarcasm reader, r386. I wasn't being serious and the Twitter poster is obviously a nutjob of the "North Korea hired 300 people to cheer for Virtue/Moir" variety.

by Anonymousreply 387March 3, 2019 12:00 AM

R387 Cherie, you are sadly mistaken. There were 3000 Koreans, not 300.

by Anonymousreply 388March 3, 2019 12:19 AM

R286 Unless your post is also a sarcasm, you need some lessons on how to identify sarcasm and irony.

by Anonymousreply 389March 3, 2019 12:46 AM

R385 r387. I got it right away. No one can ever be as big a star as Hanyu. Muahaaahaaaahaaa

by Anonymousreply 390March 3, 2019 12:58 AM

R389 Actually, aside from the nutjob link, it wasn't clear from R386's post that they were mocking it or being sarcastic. Fine, they were being sarcastic, no big deal. What I do find ironic, is that you R389 would be giving lectures on nutjob theories when you earlier criticized Med for trying to imitate Hanyu and act "cool" for blowing her fucking nose.

by Anonymousreply 391March 3, 2019 1:08 AM

I don't know, R385, we're talking about figure skating fandom here and upthread at R117, someone linked to a crazy instagram account full of conspiracy theories about Med and Hanyu and a few posters here were like, yeah totally, that girl is a whore. I'm relieved you were being sarcastic, but you can hardly fault other people for not seeing it right away, in this particular context.

by Anonymousreply 392March 3, 2019 1:18 AM

R391 So you are the one who denied that she tried to imitate Hanyu ? If so, we can't talk because to my eye her trying to imitate some of his gestures can't be more obvious. And we sure won't come back to the topic whether she imitated him or not.

by Anonymousreply 393March 3, 2019 1:23 AM

R392 You are relieved ??? Lmaooo. Is there something which worried you ?

by Anonymousreply 394March 3, 2019 1:28 AM

R394 Yeah, I was relieved this thread wasn't being invaded by crazy conspiracy trolls. Why so touchy - are you one of the ones that got on the R117 bandwagon?

by Anonymousreply 395March 3, 2019 1:35 AM

r393 Nope, I didn't deny it, but I also didn't think it was a big deal. Good god, please do not go back to the topic of Med imitating Hanyu.

by Anonymousreply 396March 3, 2019 1:50 AM

If she could successfully imitate his quads and 3A, hell, his jumps in general, she'd wipe out the field at Worlds. Imitate the right Yuzu things, Med, and we'll all be cheering! (and I'm not saying she imitates him - just that she could do worse than try to, when it comes to skating)

by Anonymousreply 397March 3, 2019 2:04 AM

Who is the dumbass who thinks Yuzuru is the only skater to ever blow his nose??? I've been to several skating competitions and watched plenty of practices and skaters constantly blow their noses. I have the photos to prove it. Duh...you don't think that being around cold rinks and travelling around the world might cause one to occasionally have a runny nose? And who the fuck wants to have that show up on TV?

by Anonymousreply 398March 3, 2019 2:18 AM

Someone find us that picture of Miki Ando with snot coming out of her nose to demonstrate the importance of blowing your nose.

by Anonymousreply 399March 3, 2019 2:24 AM

I'm just happy no one is asking about that picture where my feminine pad is sticking out of my costume.

by Anonymousreply 400March 3, 2019 2:29 AM

R400 No need to be embarrassed, Miki. It was one of the rare occasions when you weren't knocked up.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 401March 3, 2019 2:44 AM

How about a skater who picks her nose?

Kanako Murakami was a guest on Fuji TV’s “Downtown Now” where she talked about her skating career and love life. She named Kihira as the top skater right now. While she was competing, Murakami dated a classmate. She’s single now and wants a boyfriend, but spends all of her time with gay men. She was asked if she thought having a love life can negatively affect one’s skating career. Murakami said it depends on the person, but she thinks it (she almost said “sex”) can actually help skaters improve their ability to convey emotion on the ice.

One of the hosts then asked if feelings can develop between skaters and their coaches. Murakami, laughing: “Well, there was that one person, wasn’t there?” (Everyone was laughing because they all knew who she was talking about.) Host: “Could you tell by the way they looked at each other?” Murakami: “You could tell just by looking at her. It was really obvious.”

A friend of Murakami's gave the show three reasons why the skater can't get a boyfriend: 1. Murakami expects her boyfriends to work as hard as she did as a competitive athlete. 2. She’s extremely unladylike. She picks her nose in front of other people and isn’t embarrassed about it. 3. Her jokes are terrible. She always wears gag socks (socks that say “poop”, etc), and often makes funny faces out of nowhere and no one knows how to react.

Murakami talked about her old crush on Gachinski again. (Wasn’t he a narcissist?) She lso really likes the actor Masaki Suda (who is a total narcissist). She said she loves the comedy group Yonsen Toushin and then one of its members appeared. He said he likes Marin Honda. Then the hosts asked the comedian whether he prefers Murakami or the female announcer (Minami Tanaka) who was also on the show. He said he preferred the announcer, “Obviously.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 402March 3, 2019 2:45 AM

R402 Lol, poor Kanako. From the stills, it looks like she took it well, but that was COLD.

by Anonymousreply 403March 3, 2019 3:09 AM

Poor Kanako, she's looking more like a dowdy housewife each year. But if doughy Takeshi Honda is still skating in shows, why not her too. At least she seems chatty and fun.

by Anonymousreply 404March 3, 2019 3:13 AM

I pick my nose, too!

by Anonymousreply 405March 3, 2019 3:33 AM

Vincent Restencourt posted a pic of Gracie Gold on Instagram where it looks photoshopped. She was just on Today and Access looking dumpy, but in the photo, her waist looks oddly tiny with a still pudgy face. Doesn't look like Vincent's really helping her if he's posting altered pics of her in tight leggings.

by Anonymousreply 406March 3, 2019 4:32 AM

R395 Sad news for you, there is a lot of crazy conspiracy trolls in this thread and it isn't a big deal here.

by Anonymousreply 407March 3, 2019 6:16 AM

I was bored and went back to watch an old TSL that I'd miss - on the Russian juniors - and just this bit really caught my attention:

TSL on Russian Jrs, 2/5/19: Around 45 minutes in: Plush is such a chaotic person, even if he knows a lot of good stuff about technique etc., and he doesn’t seem like a coaching personality. The wife seems to be in charge, using Plush and the little boy. They’re just looking for “a star” and the skater turnover is ridiculous, and Plush is too busy doing other things - so many shows/tv. For an ideal coach, it isn’t about “you” but with Plush?? It’s interesting that some of the better coaches are the ones who didn’t quite make it (not the stars like Plush) – like Orser and Marie France – they made it but they were the silver, not the gold, and that drives them in their organization and the motivation. Maybe someone w/god given talent who would just wing it, like Javi, also wouldn't do as well as a coach as someone who really had to study and work for it, like Orser for whom nothing came easy.

Dave’s curious to see what happens when Plush’s son Sasha goes up against other kids – and he wonders if performing so much is really helping the little boy develop. Jon: Could lead to entitlement or burnout, could go either way. Dave's not sure you should get the attention that young. Some Eteri boy who won something or other was doing a double axel-triple toe at 8 years old, with incredible showmanship. He has that ‘it’ factor in a boy but Danny G is saying, “Don’t ask about him, it’s inappropriate.” Well, Danny, uh, you did just put him on tv in front of millions of people...

TSL Troll: I always think about Brian saying that he thinks of Javi as his cute son who needs looking after - and he thinks of Yuzuru as himself as a young man. OTOH, there's no bigger star than Yuzuru, so I wonder if he could excel as a coach? or if he would like it? He has said he kept skating because he loved having all eyes on himself. What a transition it would be, to be behind the boards. Or even running a school. It's gonna be interesting... but in the meantime, I'm working up a ridiculous amount of anxiety over Worlds.

by Anonymousreply 408March 3, 2019 6:59 AM

Plushenko, Sasha and the younger two Honda sisters were on Honoo no Taiikukai yesterday and it’s worth a watch even if you don’t understand Japanese. The usually sour-faced Sasha was having more fun than everyone else by the end. However, they filmed right before Challenge Cup and Sara looked tired.

It was Sasha’s first time on a Japanese variety show and his second time visiting Japan. He’s already performed 100 times in ice shows in over 7 different countries. He has 4 sponsors while dad only has one. He models? The show had footage of Miyu visiting the Plushenko home and holding 1-year old Sasha. Miyu has also performed in Plushenko’s shows and received some private instruction in the past. (The Hondas, Plushenko, and Weir have appeared on Japanese TV together for a number of years.)

It was Honda sisters and the Honoo regulars vs. Plushenko and Sasha. There were three challenges this episode. (The Plushenkos will also appear in the next episode on March 16 and the show will visit their home.)

The theme of the first challenge was “expression.” Each skater had to dance to a song and their teammate had to guess which song (out of three) they were dancing to without being able to hear the music. They made Plushenko dance to Japanese country music.

The second challenge was a three-legged race with the Plushenkos on ice and the Honoo regulars in sneakers. The third challenge was tag rugby on ice with Sasha vs. 5 regulars and Plushenko vs. 7 regulars.

Honoo no Taiikukai (figure skaters part only):

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 409March 3, 2019 8:20 AM

r388 My apologies for underestimating North Korea.

by Anonymousreply 410March 3, 2019 10:53 AM

r406 The ice around her isn't distorted, so maybe the photo isn't photoshopped. Sucking in your stomach and turning at the right angle can go a long way.

r408 Is the little boy they're talked about Samsonov? On GS they say that RusFed only care about Samsonov now and just play the waiting game with the splatters until Samsonov grows up, but I don't follow pre-juniors at all so I don't really know who that is.

Entitlement or burnout are likely but not the only possible outcomes for Sasha Plushenko. It could make him simply accustomed to performing and being looked at so that eventual competitions wouldn't phase him. Provided that he'd turn out talented enough to compete. At least I hope so, for the kid's sake.

I've also wondered how Yuzu would cope with not being the center of attention after retiring, but I think he'll his fix by doing shows for a few years. I think he might be successful as a coach because his studies point that way and he seems the type to set himself a goal and then follow the plan to achieve that goal. So if started coaching, then he'd do his damnest to coach.

r409 Japanese shows always look so bizarre. I had no idea Hondas and Plushenko's were so close. Must be the result of the two PR-savvy families banding together.

by Anonymousreply 411March 3, 2019 11:29 AM

No - Samsonov is 13, but Dave and Jonathan did gush about him, as their favorite Russian male junior. They might have mentioned the 8 year old's name but I didn't catch it.

And "it could go either way" just sort of slipped out of Jonathan's mouth (I think it was him that said it), the way you casually say stuff when you're talking. I assume they understand that the kid could end up doing quite well - Jonathan usually isn't mean, so I'd be surprised if he really believes that whatever happens to Sasha, it'll be bad. Even Dave just blames the dad (or mom) for using that kid, like the stage-moms of old. Or maybe they're still around? Like Vincent Zhou's mom being around the practice ice all the time.

I think Yuzuru would be a very hard-working coach, but wouldn't be surprised if there were a big learning curve. I get the idea he likes to be in control, and as a coach, there's so much you can't control. If I had to guess, I'd think he would be an "over seer" type with coaches working under him - and those periodic visiting coaches from all over the world - like he talked about one time. It's hard for me to see him being the main coach of several students that he follows around to comps, though who knows? It's not that he couldn't do it, I just think overall he could accomplish more for Japan in a more executive kind of role - a bit like Plush's apparent "plan" but done right, with Yuzuru as a travelling representative of his school, still doing shows or some kind of appearances, and making plans for a comprehensive school or skating academy.... Oh I'm being silly. It's just so hard waiting to see what's next (and fretting about the immediate future). Why can't med science get better at repairing ankle ligaments? (Uno's have been quite a problem lately too)

Thanks so much JDC. I'm always happy whenever that little kid seems happy. My heart does go out to Plush's older son, but maybe he doesn't have custody of him?

by Anonymousreply 412March 3, 2019 9:26 PM

Plushenko is a narcissist and they are forcing the poor kid to be his carbon copy. They give him only something like 30 minutes a day of free time. That's nuts! The child doesn't know any other life. To be forced to do all these shows like a little circus monkey and have such a regimented schedule when you're only 5 fucking years old, is pure child abuse imo. And I shudder to think what Plush and Yana will be like once he gets to the age where he is doing serious competitions.

As for his school, it seems more like a vanity thing to me where he gets the credit for his students if they do well, even though other coaches are doing 90% of the work. Then again, there hasn't really been a true success story yet, unless you count Tarakanova. We'll see how long she lasts there.

by Anonymousreply 413March 3, 2019 9:50 PM

R411 TSL was talking about Arseny Fedotov, this kid here.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 414March 3, 2019 10:02 PM

Oh wow! That kid is good!!

And he's 3 years older than Sasha Plushenko. I bet Plush is eyeing him and hoping he'll be the Javi to his own little Yuzu.

Thanks for posting it R414!

by Anonymousreply 415March 3, 2019 11:00 PM

I somehow can't see Hanyu being a kiss and cry coach but some school needs to snap him up as a jump specialist. Imagine a generation of kids learning his pristine technique and his reverence for the Axel. If the TCC crew are smart they'll get him on the payroll and continue their association with him.

by Anonymousreply 416March 3, 2019 11:11 PM

The TSL guys said Plushenko should have started out working with Mishin and only later tried to go it alone, having served his internship so to speak. But like you say R413, it doesn't seem like an authentic ambition to be a great coach, a la Mishin or Eteri. Probably just wants a home base for his budding little genius. Or for himself, to brag about being a serious person. Oh well, we'll see.

Yuzu is really nothing like Plush, that I can see, though I see Weir's skating and, uh, costuming influence. I guess he's like Brian in some ways - a bit neurotic? Oh I don't know any of these people enough to compare - but can anybody imagine Yuzu being as slipshod as Plush is with that skating school of his? And Japan needs facilities - I just can't imagine Yuzu NOT wanting to create a new skating academy/opportunity in his home country. Working for Brian up in Canada would seem like too lowly a position for him - and he goes on and on about wanting to give back, honor his medals, he donates so much money to Sendai -- it's hard to imagine him not trying to give back to Japan, as his main ambition.

by Anonymousreply 417March 3, 2019 11:22 PM

Hanyu, a star? LMAO. No one outside of Japan knows who he is.

by Anonymousreply 418March 3, 2019 11:30 PM

Being able to land jumps is not the same as being to teach jumps. How many technical coaches have ever landed a quad lutz? It seems like being a good jump coach has more to do with understanding the physics and biomechanics jumps rather than being able to do them oneself.

by Anonymousreply 419March 3, 2019 11:33 PM

Au contraire, R419. I show Hanyu my 4lz all the time for image training. I think it's helping.

by Anonymousreply 420March 3, 2019 11:37 PM

Did someone here say that Doug Haw is helping Med with her jumps? Did he say this in one of the TSL videos?

by Anonymousreply 421March 3, 2019 11:38 PM

Streaming and other info for Junior Worlds and Universiade

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 422March 4, 2019 1:08 AM

I don't remember Dave saying that, R421, but I haven't listened to all his videos and a lot that was said I've forgotten.

by Anonymousreply 423March 4, 2019 1:23 AM

R419 Hanyu *is* known to study the physics and mechanics of jumps. That's why he'd be a good technical coach. He has practical experience, he's clearly internalized a lot of good advice over the years that he's probably ready to dispense, and he approaches the sport from all angles.

by Anonymousreply 424March 4, 2019 1:56 AM

[R421] For some reason I think it was spins that Doug was helping with. I think Paige was away.

by Anonymousreply 425March 4, 2019 2:06 AM

TSL 3/3 Part 1: Guest Joe Inman (judge and architect of ISU PCS rules) – Minute 6: His judging technique – how he would draw a picture of the skate while barely looking down, holding the paper up high so he could glance over to draw/write while keeping an eye on the skater at the same time. 30 Tuktamysheva: she has terrible skating skills, no transitions, etc., and Joe hates it when they break the fourth wall. 1.09 Joe: Plushenko performances – they're the same thing over and over again; there’s not much choreography there. The step sequence he [Plush] lives for – but that’s it. D: He does have beautiful quads. Joe: Plush’s 2006 performance doesn’t make any sense – there’s no variety in the movements. 1.10 Inman sent out an email (to other judges I think?) on how to evaluate Plushenko. [email: “look what they say about their own skaters!”] Plushenko said, “He [Evan] doesn’t have transitions; I don’t have transitions; so why are his component marks higher than mine for transitions?” Dave: "I think Evan did have more transitions than Plush." 1.11: He describes how he and Lori Nichol created the new ISU PCS rules when they converted from 6.0 judging system. Joe @ 1.19: Joe about the Russian girls: None of them interpret the music and they don’t have skating skills. They have speed but they don’t have power because they don’t get into the ice to get that “push” -- they’re so little, they don’t have enough muscle.

by Anonymousreply 426March 4, 2019 6:07 AM

TSL 3/3 Part 2: Earlier, Joe talked about the skater who tends to drop everything but the jumps. He doesn’t like that. The interpretation of the music should be the #1 thing. Later he admitted he was talking about Nathan. 1.23: Comparing Hanyu Chen Uno, “They’re all good, they all have the guns. Hanyu feels and hears the music – but then all of a sudden, he lets his body go. His carriage gets lost. His shoulders go forward, then he comes back up, and that bothers me a lot. (“lack of tension, he’s noodly,” says Dave) Joe: “and he has a disconnect with the music – when he makes a mistake, all of a sudden there’s quite a disconnect. But Shoma is the worst for that: when he misses, he really disconnects. And his phrasing is just gone. I rarely feel that Nathan gets off his phrasing – he just doesn’t carry the emotion through every aspect of the movement. Sometimes he just does a movement – but they’re all good and any one of them could win. Shoma is in and out of his music all the time – he leaves his music – he’s not always in it. Then look at the 2 foot skating – how many times is he on 2 feet?” 1.40: Joe: “A lot of people are afraid to work with Tom Z but I just told him to shut up and listen. I’m the daddy here. He finally realized I was there to help his skaters… He’s never been nasty/derogatory to me, which I know he has with some people…” 1.44 Dave “Tonya had more inherent grace than Midori Ito did.” – Joe: “Without question. She just never believed in herself – that was her problem. And her background was rough.” END

by Anonymousreply 427March 4, 2019 6:10 AM

R418 u maybe right to say no one outside Japan know who Hanyu is , but that people also never watch figure skating or didn't watch this sport for a long time. How Hanyu is known to the world depend on how the world know this sport

by Anonymousreply 428March 4, 2019 10:49 AM

Tech Panels at Junior Worlds

Men

Controller: Ms. Emilie BILLOW (Sweden)

Specialist: Ms. Annemie de PRETER (Belgium)

Assistant Specialist: Ms. Sandra PAVICIC (Croatia)

LADIES

Controller: Mr. Attila SOOS (Hungary)

Specialist: Ms. Myriam LORIOL-OBERWILER (Switzerland)

Assistant Specialist: Ms. Monika KUSTAROVA (Slovakia)

PAIRS

Controller: Mr. Fabio BIANCHETTI (Italy)

Specialist: Mr. Alexander KUZNETSOV (Russia)

Assistant Specialist: Mr Simon BRIGGS (UK)

ICE DANCE

Controller: Ms. Ingrid Charlotte WOLTER (germany)

Specialist: Mr. Philipp REY (USA)

Assistant Specialist: Mr Rock LEMAY (Canada)

by Anonymousreply 429March 4, 2019 11:41 AM

I'm supposed to take this Inman guy seriously when he turns a blind eye to Nathan's plentiful flaws and nitpicks everyone else? Oh, he's American. Of course he is.

by Anonymousreply 430March 4, 2019 12:22 PM

Kostornaia has WD from JWC due to injury - I'm hearing ligament and fibula, but I don't know if there's an official statement.

by Anonymousreply 431March 4, 2019 1:46 PM

New Brennan article:

[quote]The U.S. Center for SafeSport delivered a chilling assessment of sexual misconduct in the sport of figure skating Monday morning, saying that in the course of its work on sexual misconduct allegations against the late national pairs champion John Coughlin, as well as other figure skating cases, it discovered “a culture in figure skating that allowed grooming and abuse to go unchecked for too long."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 432March 4, 2019 2:14 PM

Should also add - as far as I could tell, the quote above is the only new thing in the article, as no details are provided.

by Anonymousreply 433March 4, 2019 2:19 PM

Lubov Ilyushechkina and Charlie Bilodeau will skate together

Yikes at that pic...are there really people who find him attractive?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 434March 4, 2019 2:34 PM

Why does the figure skating community seemingly dislike Brennan so much? I like her writing.

by Anonymousreply 435March 4, 2019 2:57 PM

[quote] Is there any official entry list for Universiade? Starts Wednesday, along with Junior Worlds.

Men

Hayrapetyan

Drechsler

De Oliveira De Lima

Li

Liu

Madejon Cambra

Naurits

Galay

Tesson

Kvitalashvili

Lee

Yuen

Dalla Torre

Rizzo

Nakamura

Sato

Tomono

Byun

Lee

Kovtun

Lazukin

Samarin

Huber

Klepoch

Demirboga

by Anonymousreply 436March 4, 2019 3:04 PM

R435 because people in the skating world know what Safesport said is true and she’s the messenger. It’s unfortunate that USFS can’t clean their own house and continues to point fingers. Coughlin lies about not being able to talk, kills himself without fighting the allegations, and then community victim blames. The reaction of his previous coach would support a culture that Safesport described.

by Anonymousreply 437March 4, 2019 3:13 PM

Ladies

Galustyan (Armenia)

Jackson (Australia)

Roth (Austria)

Barceira Moreira (Brazil)

Gospodinova (Bulgaria)

Zhao (China)

Brezinova (Czech)

Matos (Spain)

Liinamee (Estonia)

Meite (France)

So (Hong Kong)

Putri (Indonesia)

Saemusdottir (Iceland)

Olivotto (Italy)

Mihara

Taneko

Mambkova (Kazakhstan)

Tursy

Kim (Korea)

Park (Korea)

Kucvalska (Latvia)

Kaiser (Liechtenstein)

Kropa (Lithuania)(

Chew (Malaysia)

Dieck Huiler (Mexico)

Gansukh (mongolia)

Gjersem (Norway)

Fabia (Philippines)

Kostantinova

Sotskova

Udrih (Slovenia)

Dobiasova (Slovakia)

Lamsam (Thailandia)

Kuyucu (Turkey)

Lari (United Arab Emirates)

by Anonymousreply 438March 4, 2019 3:15 PM

R435 R437 I think FS's wariness of CB goes back further than Coughlin. She wrote that book years ago exposing the seedy underbelly of FS and people resented her for it. The book talked about Chris Bowman's drug habit, Rudy Galindo's homosexuality and how he was treated, how Scott Hamilton used makeup to cover his bald spot, how Nancy Kerrigan could be a rude bitch, eating disorders etc. In articles, she's also been critical of US skating and how there haven't been any stars since Michelle Kwan.

by Anonymousreply 439March 4, 2019 4:19 PM

Brennan is also one of those fans who prefers figure skating from the Cold War era and is still bemoaning the "new" scoring system.

by Anonymousreply 440March 4, 2019 4:42 PM

R440 Yes, totally agree and forgot to mention that. She's from a bygone era and it shows in her biases and writing.

by Anonymousreply 441March 4, 2019 4:53 PM

[quote] I'm supposed to take this Inman guy seriously when he turns a blind eye to Nathan's plentiful flaws and nitpicks everyone else? Oh, he's American. Of course he is.

He also said he himself was a relatively bad pairs dancer, back in the day, and never got out of sectionals to make it to nationals.

But most of it was about the music, the music, the music. He seems to not even like jumping. He also said he doesn't watch much skating anymore! It was Dave who kind of forced him to talk about today's skaters, about which he didn't know much. He talked a lot about people I don't know much about the skating of - Buttle, Janet Lynn, Bonaly (whose skating he hated), Ryan Bradley (whose skating he really hated!) oh I can't remember and didn't know half the names. A lot of old days stuff that Dave loves.

I didn't mean to take notes and post... which is why there's so little from the beginning of the video.

by Anonymousreply 442March 4, 2019 5:53 PM

Junior Worlds won't be the same without Kostornaia. Get well soon.

by Anonymousreply 443March 4, 2019 8:23 PM

Another Arseny Fedotov video. This kid is superb.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 444March 4, 2019 9:32 PM

Aw, Kostornaia out? I was low-key hoping for her to win it. Well, I hope it goes to my other fav, Shcherbakova. But yikes, those injuries are cropping up more and more among the Eteri girls.

Also, Tursy is doing the Universiade? I'd think she'd be preparing for Worlds. But looking at the list, she has a chance of winning it. Do medalists of Universiade get a monetary prize?

by Anonymousreply 445March 4, 2019 10:52 PM

R444 He has a Javi vibe about him.

by Anonymousreply 446March 4, 2019 10:53 PM

Has SafeSport discovered a sport yet in which grooming and abuse has not been allowed to continue for years?

Asking for a friend.

by Anonymousreply 447March 4, 2019 10:57 PM

Trusova looks like Chucky. This is a close up of her here. I defy you to tell me the difference.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 448March 5, 2019 12:00 AM

R439 so people hate CB for telling the truth? Ok

R447 that’s their job, they are not going to bother mentioning sports that don’t abuse young girls, they are already understaffed, so when they do mention a sport, people need to listen

by Anonymousreply 449March 5, 2019 12:40 AM

Sorry if this messes up your office pool, R299, but Viveca Lindfors just WD from WC.

by Anonymousreply 450March 5, 2019 5:58 AM

According to Shukan Shincho, a war has been brewing between JOC president Tsunekazu Takeda and Yoshiro Mori, president of the Tokyo 2020 Organizing Committee. Although Takeda has reportedly been trying to find a way to stay in office after his term ends in July, it’s believed he will be forced to retire due to a rift with Mori that developed after Takeda was indicted on corruption charges in France. A successor will be appointed in early May.

Mori is expected to select the next president, a committee member under retirement age (70). Of the three JOC vice presidents, Hashimoto is the only member under 70, but sources say Mori has been trying to persuade Hashimoto to remain in the Diet instead. This means the most likely successor is Yasuhiro Yamashita, president of the Japan Judo Federation and senior JOC member. Although Yamashita doesn’t appear interested in the position, he’s also not one to refuse Mori. However, there is a dark horse in this race: foil fencer and Beijing & London Olympics silver medalist, Yuki Ota (33). Ota was recently elected as Vice president of the International Fencing Federation and also serves as president of the Japan Fencing Federation.

Ota was recently quoted saying that management organizations need to stop relying on superstars like Hanyu, who only come once a blue moon, and adopt a sustainable model that focuses on improving the overall group and quality of events.

R425 I also remember Haw was working with Medvedeva on spins. I think it was between IDF and Nationals, and he was helping her with the tango.

So Ge plans to go to Worlds (but not to Universiade where his “student” is competing). Does the hashtag mean he thinks he’s Med’s coach now? Interesting that he disabled comments on that post:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 451March 5, 2019 8:38 AM

R450, it's a shame to hear Lindfords is withdrawing after she was so strong at Europeans. Between that and Med going to worlds over Tuk, the USA's chances of regaining 3 spots have gone up a bit.

by Anonymousreply 452March 5, 2019 8:58 AM

Peltonen batter rotate some jumps now that she is using my spot again

by Anonymousreply 453March 5, 2019 9:09 AM

R451 Shits gonna happen.

by Anonymousreply 454March 5, 2019 10:45 AM

Junior SP starting order

Gogolev is in group 5 (third to last)

last group is the 3 US boys, Siao, Savosin and Grassl

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 455March 5, 2019 12:51 PM

Olympic Channel Universiade streaming now - tried to do a link but it was too long - starts with https then www then olympic then channel then com

by Anonymousreply 456March 6, 2019 10:43 AM

Trying link another way

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 457March 6, 2019 10:44 AM

Kovtun in the lead - Samarin up now

by Anonymousreply 458March 6, 2019 10:57 AM

Kovtun looks vulnerable all the times.

by Anonymousreply 459March 6, 2019 11:13 AM

Ugh I just missed the Russian guys, tuned in right before Tomono was skating. What happened to Samarin?

by Anonymousreply 460March 6, 2019 11:18 AM

Samarin looked kind of wild - I wondered if the ice was more slippery than it usually is? Can't remember his score but Kovtun till 1st and Lazukin 2nd. Poor Tomono had a bad langing on his opening quad but otherwise looked good to me, but he's 10 points out of the lead in 6th I think. NO Misha Ge in the K&C! Just hottie coach wearing a baseball cap.

by Anonymousreply 461March 6, 2019 11:27 AM

* sorry for all the typos - till shd be still and langing = landing. Sheesh I need coffee.

Bunch of nobodies in this next group. Wonder why they don't put the highest ranked ones at the end? I've never heard of anybody in this group (Tomono was last in the previous group). He was only a point or two off his season's best. Would have been so good if he just landed that quad.

by Anonymousreply 462March 6, 2019 11:29 AM

Samarin fell on a 4F attempt (I don't remember him trying that before) & his landings on the other jumps weren't great.

by Anonymousreply 463March 6, 2019 11:52 AM

1 Kovtun 2 Lazukin 3 Sato 4 Kvitelashvili 5 Samarin 6 Tomono

by Anonymousreply 464March 6, 2019 11:55 AM

Hiroaki is the highest scoring Japanese guy? I thought he was always kind of a mess. But Kazuki hasn't been doing so hot lately, either. Can't wait for Misha to tweet about his "student"'s performance.

by Anonymousreply 465March 6, 2019 11:57 AM

Two more blah groups at Junior Worlds to go before we get to the interesting skaters like Gumennik, Gogolev, Grassl, Shimada, etc. The 3 Americans skate back to back in the last group? Weird...

by Anonymousreply 466March 6, 2019 12:02 PM

Final group up at Universiade - includes Grassl and Hayreptian or something from Armenia the only ones I've ever heard of.

Kovtun leads with 91.74, skated third lord knows why so early.

Anybody have a link to junior worlds?

by Anonymousreply 467March 6, 2019 12:14 PM

* Oops not Grassl - it's Matteo Rizzo

by Anonymousreply 468March 6, 2019 12:15 PM

Laerte Ruanh DE OLIVEIRA DE LIMA vs. Gaizka MADEJON CAMBRA in the last group is quite a gem

by Anonymousreply 469March 6, 2019 12:20 PM

I don't remember seeing a male skater from Brazil before.

Link for Junior Worlds

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 470March 6, 2019 12:25 PM

Nice skate by Rizzo. He's really improved in the second half of the season.

by Anonymousreply 471March 6, 2019 12:38 PM

90.78 for Rizzo, second place - jumps looked great! as did the rest of his skate.

by Anonymousreply 472March 6, 2019 12:38 PM

God the Brazilian is awful - are those waltz jumps?

by Anonymousreply 473March 6, 2019 12:39 PM

His tech score was 1.70 at the end!

by Anonymousreply 474March 6, 2019 12:42 PM

Oh wow. 1.70 tech score??? I didn't know that was even possible and I've seen the junior skaters from India before. Well, he's brave.

by Anonymousreply 475March 6, 2019 12:42 PM

Brazilian's total was 12.41 (with a final tech score of 1.71)

by Anonymousreply 476March 6, 2019 12:45 PM

In the Junior Men's event, is there an ice resurface before group 5? Trying to figure out if I have time to get a few things done before Gogo skates.

by Anonymousreply 477March 6, 2019 12:47 PM

NM, just looked at the time schedule and it looks like there is a resurface.

by Anonymousreply 478March 6, 2019 12:51 PM

They're resurfacing now. Thanks R470 for the link! I left Universiade after the Brazilian - wonder if the Armenian can beat Kovtun?

by Anonymousreply 479March 6, 2019 1:01 PM

R476 Oops, will we see Phil's new post asking why these skaters are still dreaming of skating competitively?

by Anonymousreply 480March 6, 2019 1:04 PM

R479 Armenian 8th with78,.73

by Anonymousreply 481March 6, 2019 1:05 PM

there were 26 skaters at Universiadi. The Brazilian has been eliminated. We won't see his FS!!

by Anonymousreply 482March 6, 2019 1:07 PM

He did look so happy - really heartwarming (even if it looked like someone at the local mall ice rink)

by Anonymousreply 483March 6, 2019 1:27 PM

only 2 valid elements for the Brazilian: a base value Flying Upright spin and.the base value step sequence

Judge6 gave him 1.25 for Skating Skills and Transitions. Judge 1 was generous: 3 for Interpretation

by Anonymousreply 484March 6, 2019 1:32 PM

R482, that is a travesty! I'm crying as I type this.

by Anonymousreply 485March 6, 2019 1:42 PM

Gogo time! And thanks R481 - the Armenian guy did pretty good!

by Anonymousreply 486March 6, 2019 1:53 PM

Gogo is boring as fuck

by Anonymousreply 487March 6, 2019 2:13 PM

Gogo might well be out of the final warm up group in the LP. (He'll come back if he lands all the quads, though.)

by Anonymousreply 488March 6, 2019 3:23 PM

does anyone have link for the Brazilian skate.

by Anonymousreply 489March 6, 2019 3:26 PM

R489

he starts at 1:37:30

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 490March 6, 2019 3:32 PM

r490 thanks! he's so cute! but sadly a Javi -2.0

by Anonymousreply 491March 6, 2019 3:40 PM

I love how quiet the commentator got during the Brazillian's performance. Not much to compliment except the "expressive footwork" and the "warm crowd reception."

Jr Men's SP:

1. PULKINEN

2. HIWATASHI

3. GRASSL

DL fave Gogo in 8th. Scores are close together, so things could change a lot tomorrow. We'll see if Camden can hold it together this time after bombing three competitions in a row.

by Anonymousreply 492March 6, 2019 4:07 PM

Oops, forgot to link to Jr Men's SP results. And it turns out Gogo is in 10th, not 8th. I got a phone call and got distracted during the last two skaters.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 493March 6, 2019 4:08 PM

Camden Pulkinen will flop in free skate. We all know that.

by Anonymousreply 494March 6, 2019 5:17 PM

I can't watch now, so somebody tell me how Krasnozhon got better PCS than Siao Him Fa and Gogo. I know most of you here don't think much of Gogo's skating but I refuse to acknowledge that he could be worse than Krasnozhon.

by Anonymousreply 495March 6, 2019 7:22 PM

Grassl PCS

Japanese judge: 15th place

Ukraine, Turkey and Great Britain: 1st place

Krasnozhon PCS

Italian judge: 1

British judge: 18th

Gogolev PCS: second for the Estonian and 17th for the Croatian judge

by Anonymousreply 496March 6, 2019 9:21 PM

Yuna Kim was in Toronto. Wilson said he and Bezic worked with her for 10 days (at the Granite Club) on two new programs. Then he deleted his post.

Orser won the Mizuno Sports Mentor Award 2018. He gets a trophy and 2,000,000 yen (18,000 USD).

Bidding for Hanyu's skates has gone up to 3,001,000 yen. Auction ends on the 11th.

Kagiyama (yuma_kagiyama15) posted a video of himself landing the 4T just as Tsuboi bombed into 20th.

Was Tom Z with Pulkinen? What was Inman referring to when he said Z is derogatory to other people?

r465 Sato was 13th at nationals, 10th at NHK. This is Tomono's last chance to shine this season. At least his coach seemed more relaxed.

R496 What the hell is going on?

Unless Lambiel shrunk since JGP, Shimada is taller than he was during nationals:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 497March 6, 2019 9:32 PM

R497 What's the reason for sending Tsuboi instead of Kagiyama? They weren't that far apart in points at Nats, but I thought Kagiyama looked a lot better and more mature.

by Anonymousreply 498March 6, 2019 9:55 PM

I watched the Inman interview and he didn't elaborate beyond just the statement that Tom Z had been nasty or derogatory with other people - but Inman told him to shut up and they got along. In an earlier TSL but fairly recently, talking about Vincent Zhou, Dave said there was a lot of yelling going on at practice in Colorado. Dave has a grudge against TZ but it sounded like Inman agreed that he could be a jerk.

Lambiel looked gaunt to me - under his suit jacket, his top half was like skin and bones. But maybe he always looks like that - he's usually all wrapped up in a scarf or something. In that hug, Shimada does have on skates I guess, but maybe he's had a growth spurt - so thin - oh and in a couple of pictures, his face reminds me of Yuzu's. I think Shimada's music for his short is too fast for him and it seemed like he was rushing to keep up with it.

I hope Tomono has a good free skate - he's in a virtual tie with a couple others right above him on the leaderboard. It was nice to see him with just his real coach, and like you say, he looked a lot calmer than when he's had to share the K&C with MG.

Interesting to see Ghislain with Joseph Phan, who I've never seen skate so well!, while Barkell was with Gogo, who looked annoyed at his scores, like he expected higher marks. But watching Phan, I thought I heard TAT in the distance saying "He's too fat"

by Anonymousreply 499March 6, 2019 9:56 PM

Oh now I remember - I think it was Ting Cui - the minute she got off the ice Tom Z was harping on her - "You just can't let a skate go like that!!" Maybe it was somebody else - one of the Korean girls? Anyway, it was the worst thing to do - harange a poor young skater the second she gets off the ice after a bad skate.

by Anonymousreply 500March 6, 2019 9:59 PM

Anyone come across a still-working link to men's JWC? Previous links are dead and I'm curious as to why Krasnozhon got higher PCS than the other guys as well.

by Anonymousreply 501March 6, 2019 10:03 PM

r501 Try the official stream, works for me. If it's blocked in your country, maybe VPN will help.

I had to try to look past my irrational hatred of Krasnozhon's Neanderthal posture and ugly spins, and I'll give it to him, it was one of his better skates. Though he looks like such a douche bro that it's really hard for me to get into him doing more sensitive music. I still liked Siao Him Fa's steps better, very engaging, but the beginning of the program was empty. Gogo didn't project much but he was on point, and had a busier program which floats my boat. Gogo being 2 pts lower on PCS than Siao Him Fa and Krasnozhon may have been due to skating much earlier.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 502March 6, 2019 11:11 PM

R502 Thanks so much, that worked for me. Krasnozhon was fine, but I still liked Siao Him Fa more.

R497 Yes, Tom Z was with Pulkinen. Tom Z has classic gayvoice and his children's' names are something like Tyler and Madelyn, which are typical of closet case spawn. Are we sure he's not family?

by Anonymousreply 503March 7, 2019 12:46 AM

R497 He is Japan Junior Champion.

by Anonymousreply 504March 7, 2019 1:42 AM

Sorry. I mean R498.

by Anonymousreply 505March 7, 2019 1:44 AM

Ge might not be going to Saitama after all. He deleted the post (r451) about going to Worlds. Maybe Orser said no K&C?

R498 Kagiyama also did better in the JGP and at Senior Nationals, but as r504 said, Tsuboi won junior nationals and it’s kind of hard to deny the champion (although Sato would’ve won if his PCS had been just half a point higher). I think Tsuboi is also a school year ahead of Kagiyama. But some feel Tsuboi was set up to go from the start. Tsuobi trains in Toyota (Nagoya) while Kagiyama trains in Yokohama.

R499 r500 Thank you. I thought Cui was leaving Z?

Hanyu LINE stamps now available: line. me/S/sticker/13629

Close up of stamps:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 506March 7, 2019 2:40 AM

Skating after Tomoki and Camden didn't help Alexei K one bit. Even as he skated around waiting to begin his SP, Alexei seemed so choppy and awkward, with poor basic skating skills. He looks better suited for ice hockey. So much for Russians having elegant style! Camden Pulkinen has the best poise and finished look about him. Let's see if he can finally skate a great free skate.

Do the American girls have a chance of medalling at jr worlds? Is it only Ting and Hannah Harrell?

by Anonymousreply 507March 7, 2019 2:46 AM

[quote] Thank you. I thought Cui was leaving Z?

[R506] Many people would like Cui to leave Z but I haven't heard anything but wishful thinking. Hopefully after Worlds....

by Anonymousreply 508March 7, 2019 3:46 AM

Dave seemed to know something "after the K&C" regarding Tom Z and Ting Cui. From my notes: "Things are going badly for Ting in Colorado – the k&c was awful – and what happened afterwards was awful – expect a coaching change." Dave thinks it desperately needs to happen (the change.)

But it doesn't seem all that definitive.

by Anonymousreply 509March 7, 2019 6:18 AM

Are all Russians doing the "National University of Physical Education"?

by Anonymousreply 510March 7, 2019 8:34 AM

R500, that was Ting Cui Tom Z was going off at, right after her skate and in front of the cameras. I'm sure Ting's inconsistency must make her frustrating to coach, but she seems very sensitive and not a skater who benefits from a tough love approach.

R507, without Kostornaia it's possible but unlikely a US woman could sneak in for WJC bronze. They have a better shot of regaining additional JGP slots or 3 spots for next year's world juniors.

by Anonymousreply 511March 7, 2019 9:55 AM

Perhaps the closest thing we’ll ever get to coming out from Hanyu.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 512March 7, 2019 11:21 AM

Kvitalashvili in the lead with top 3 left to skate.

by Anonymousreply 513March 7, 2019 2:34 PM

The Russian guys both look exhausted. I wonder if they'd have been better served by getting some rest before worlds.

by Anonymousreply 514March 7, 2019 2:37 PM

Kovtun in the lead by 1 point thanks to the SP advantage

by Anonymousreply 515March 7, 2019 2:39 PM

Kovtun PCS 4 points higher than Kvitalashvili. MK is a bit crap, but Kovtun too

by Anonymousreply 516March 7, 2019 2:41 PM

Rizzo will take the lead now

by Anonymousreply 517March 7, 2019 2:45 PM

are Junior Worlds planned FS layouts for boys reported yet?

by Anonymousreply 518March 7, 2019 2:46 PM

r512 I think it is more so Hanyu is like a JPOP idol. It would be published and then everyone would try to find his celebrity match and then hate on them on SNS.

by Anonymousreply 519March 7, 2019 2:47 PM

ok, Rizzo has won this. Lazukin is not beating him

Podium should be Rizzo-Kovtun-Morisi

by Anonymousreply 520March 7, 2019 2:53 PM

Moris fucking deserved the silver here. His PCS should in no way be 4 points below Kovtun (and giving Samarin higher PCS was also ridiculous). I don't agree that Moris is "a bit crap"...he's very entertaining when he isn't falling on his ass. And he actually has choreography, unlike some others.

by Anonymousreply 521March 7, 2019 3:11 PM

r521 I actually agree about Kvitelashvili.

by Anonymousreply 522March 7, 2019 4:27 PM

The Zagreb rink looks really high quality, it could easily hold a GP or Europeans. Has there ever been Europeans in Zagreb?

by Anonymousreply 523March 7, 2019 4:32 PM

R523 Yes, quite a few times actually. 2021 Euros will also be in Zagreb.

by Anonymousreply 524March 7, 2019 4:53 PM

When Tom Z was scolding Ting, he actually stopped looking at her for a moment and looked directly into the camera. He clearly wanted his words to her to be heard by everyone. What an ass.

by Anonymousreply 525March 7, 2019 4:54 PM

R518 You can find the planned content for everyone here. Under "For Media," click on "Planned Program Entries" and you can see the SP/FS layouts for all participants.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 526March 7, 2019 5:01 PM

Just watched Joseph Phan's SP. He did a really nice job. I had no idea Orser was coaching him now. Ghislain looked his usual cheery self in the K&C.

by Anonymousreply 527March 7, 2019 5:14 PM

I can't find the Universiade protocols but I did find a video of Kovtun's skate - I 'think' he was the only man who tried two quads (though he fell on the second, a 4S). His quad toe was good - and so was the winner Rizzo's, who got a TES over 95 yet he just had one quad in his program.

Kovtun's a bit awkward - Wikipedia says he's 5'11" but he looks like a gawky giant! Still, I don't mind him getting silver though I haven't found Kvitelashvili's skate yet. Like P J, I liked his step sequence which was fairly ambitious.

Having >2 quads seems limited to just a handful - Hanyu, Chen, Jin, Uno, Zhou, and ??

Trusova and Scherbakova may be the next most likely to join the club lol.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 528March 7, 2019 10:10 PM

R528 Protocals for FS are here

Kvitalashvili did 4S (negative GOE) and 4T (solo and combo). Samarin did 4Lz (negative GOEs) and 4t

From 1 to 7 judges are Hungary, China, Korea, Switzerland, France, Russia and Estonia

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 529March 7, 2019 10:22 PM

Thanks R529! So Morisi had three quads here (and at Rostelecom). Guess I need to add him to my 3+ quadster list - probably a lot more I didn't think of. (He's pretty tall too)

But it does seem quads are being de-emphasized a bit, but I guess that was the point of the ISU rules change.

by Anonymousreply 530March 7, 2019 10:29 PM

r528 5'11"is only an inch away from 6 feet. I'd say he's verry tall for a skater. The impression of a giant must come from the fact that he's quite solidly built. I don't particularly like his LP, it's Carmen, but I'll give him points for the costume. It's not a half-assed effort and it makes him look good.

by Anonymousreply 531March 7, 2019 10:37 PM

I like the little twirl in the middle of his step sequence. So cool! You just don't see little touches like that anymore, alas. Especially from a 6 foot hunk!! (Morisi is the same height)

I don't know who, but some female coach said the future of men's skating is now short guys (because quads). At some point, there's just too much body to fling in the air and rotate three or four times.

by Anonymousreply 532March 7, 2019 11:53 PM

* ooops - I meant to say four or five times. Obviously they can do triples

by Anonymousreply 533March 7, 2019 11:59 PM

R512. Probably. 😊 He answered brilliantly though.

by Anonymousreply 534March 8, 2019 12:02 AM

Why does the cunty, homophobic Kovtun receive so much sympathy around here?

by Anonymousreply 535March 8, 2019 7:30 AM

My excuse is I never paid any attention to him before and don't know anything about him. Well, I knew there was some controversy about Plushenko taking his spot in Sochi? Then they reconciled and Plush coached him for a while - plus TAT loves him. That's the extent of my knowledge. But I'm willing to learn.

by Anonymousreply 536March 8, 2019 7:49 AM

We are bestest of friends. I admire Kovtun for being a good average skater.

by Anonymousreply 537March 8, 2019 8:40 AM

ladies SP at Universiadi

so far

Kostantinova 70.25

Takeno 67.69

Tursy 67.57

Meite 62.73

by Anonymousreply 538March 8, 2019 8:49 AM

R536 Kovtun once said Dai skates like a "fag."

by Anonymousreply 539March 8, 2019 8:52 AM

Thanks for the headsup R539. I won't forget!

And why are they talking about Krasnoyarsk on a big screen in ENGLISH ?

by Anonymousreply 540March 8, 2019 9:24 AM

Breakdown of points so far:

Konstantinova 70.25 (TES: 37.93 PCS: 32.32)

Takeno 67.69 (TES: 38.25 PCS: 29.44)

Tursynbaeva 67.57 (TES: 35.89 PCS: 32.68 -1.00 deduction)

Meite 62.73 (TES: 34.17 PCS: 28.56)

Is there video of the Cui-Z exchange? Can't find anything for Cui from this years nationals while performances from other skaters are available.

Jackie is having a meet and greet brunch at 10AM near Tokyo Station on Sunday, March 24 (before the Worlds gala and same day as Richaud’s second dinner). Estimated cost is 2,000 yen.

Oda is going to be playing China’s last emperor, Henry Puyi, in the TV Tokyo 55th anniversary drama special based on Toyoko Yamazaki’s novel, “Nation of Two (Futatsu no Sokoku), about a second generation Japanese-American reporter during WII and the American occupation. He’ll be speaking in Chinese for the first time. (It’s not a comedy.) March 23rd and 24th, 9PM-11:24PM on TV Tokyo.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 541March 8, 2019 9:27 AM

The Brazilian girl in the next group has a 1A in the planned content

by Anonymousreply 542March 8, 2019 9:29 AM

The result page of Universiadi is good

if you click on the names, you can see the content done with GOEs or the planned one if they have not skated yet

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 543March 8, 2019 9:30 AM

LOL they eliminated the TES box for the Brazilian girl!

1.97 TES

She has beaten the boy

by Anonymousreply 544March 8, 2019 10:11 AM

But her total was 8.21 points so he beat her in components. He had 12 something.

by Anonymousreply 545March 8, 2019 10:12 AM

R545 but men PCS are factored by 1.0 while women by 0.8

However, he is still in the lead...he got low 2s. She got high 1.

by Anonymousreply 546March 8, 2019 10:16 AM

So even with a disadvantage like that, Zags beat Javi at the Japan Open (I think she beat Nathan Chen as well!)

by Anonymousreply 547March 8, 2019 10:22 AM

Mihara in the lead with 75 points

by Anonymousreply 548March 8, 2019 10:35 AM

R547 In FS the factor is 2.0 for Men and 1.60 for Ladies.

by Anonymousreply 549March 8, 2019 10:38 AM

64.15 for Galustyan

by Anonymousreply 550March 8, 2019 10:39 AM

Fyeah Mihara. I don't like her programs but I have a soft spot for her. She is the better version of Tennell skating-wise.

by Anonymousreply 551March 8, 2019 12:46 PM

R541 Here is a video of the Tom Z/Ting Cui exchange.

I recall an Oda CM where he skates around with an egg on top of his head (sunny side up). Am I dreaming this?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 552March 8, 2019 2:23 PM

Trusova yet to skate - link to ladies short at junior worlds

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 553March 8, 2019 3:11 PM

I haven't had a chance to watch, but saw a picture of Lambiel with Shiraiwa at the K&C. Why did they replace hot coach with hot coach??!!!

by Anonymousreply 554March 8, 2019 3:22 PM

Our leader Shcherbakova - but she's only a smidgen ahead of the other baby jumping bean Trusova.

Apparently they both watered down their content a bit - no Lutz-Loop combos. But being head to head, maybe it'll be lights out in the FS.

US Ting Cui in 3rd, Russia's Sinitsyina in 4th, US' Hanna Harrell 5th, Japan Shiraiwa in 6th

by Anonymousreply 555March 8, 2019 3:47 PM

Forgot Shcherbakova link

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 556March 8, 2019 3:48 PM

Trusova has 3 quads planned, including 4lzs in the FS. Shcherbakova has two 4lzs planned. Her jumping is certainly impressive, but I hope Trusova's not the future of ladies skating; aside from the jumps she's boring as hell.

by Anonymousreply 557March 8, 2019 3:57 PM

R504 R506 Thanks. I had forgotten about the placement at Junior Nats. WTF with Shiraiwa's score?

by Anonymousreply 558March 8, 2019 4:03 PM

R554 - I have no idea! At the ISU site, Shiraiwa's bio lists her coaches as: Mie Hamada, Yamato Tamura, Haruko Okamoto

Jack Gallagher on Twitter 15 Nov 2018 :

How deep is the love for Japanese skaters? Yuna Shiraiwa started a crowdfunding account on Thursday seeking ¥4 million ($35,000) for training expenses. Her goal has been nearly doubled in 1 day! It's at ¥7.2 million. Link to her fundraising site (in Japanese)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 559March 8, 2019 4:06 PM

Top PCS for ladies sp Trusova 31.34 Shcherbakova 31.33 Shiraiwa 28.98 Cui 28.89 Sinitsyna 27.06 Kawabata 26.94 You 26.32 Harrell 26.22

I can't believe Chucky topped everyone in PCS.

R559 I think Lambiel is just filling in. Tamura is at Universiade with Nakamura and Hamada's probably prepping Miyahara and Kihira for WC.

by Anonymousreply 560March 8, 2019 4:19 PM

Wow, I didn't even think about the amount that crowdfunding site has raised thus far: about ¥14.8 ($133,267).

And as Nathan Chen would tell you, if you can land enough quads, the PCS will take care of itself.

by Anonymousreply 561March 8, 2019 4:22 PM

It'll be an exciting battle between the Russian young women for the gold. I'm also crossing my fingers for Ting Cui that she finally holds it together in an entire competition with a great long program. Ting is such a joy to watch, she practically floats over the ice. I'd hate to see her turn into a long term headcase with all her talent.

Looking forward to watching the men now.

by Anonymousreply 562March 8, 2019 4:35 PM

Well, that was interesting. A German skater dressed up like a sailor skating to "Pearl Harbour"

by Anonymousreply 563March 8, 2019 5:26 PM

One more skater in this group - then the next group has: Shimada, Gogolev, Maysuradze, Danelian, Siao Him Fa, Phan; then final group: Gumennik, Krasnozhon, Savosin, Grassl, Pulkinen, Hiwatashi

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 564March 8, 2019 5:51 PM

R563 I think it is a recycle...he was dressed as a sailor also at 2018 Jr Worlds

by Anonymousreply 565March 8, 2019 6:15 PM

Judges draw for FS compared to SP

In: Belarus, Bulgaria, Australia

Out: Italy, Azerbajan, Japan

Stay: Croatia, Great Britain, Israel, Turkey, Estonia, Sweden

Hong Kong was drawn in October but didn't send a judge in the end (they have 2 ISU judges)

by Anonymousreply 566March 8, 2019 6:20 PM

Gogo 220.66

Georgian guy 217.79

Shimada 212.78

by Anonymousreply 567March 8, 2019 6:42 PM

Danielian first by 0.02!

by Anonymousreply 568March 8, 2019 6:49 PM

quite an opening splatted pop for Phan

by Anonymousreply 569March 8, 2019 6:57 PM

Some wicked falls from the TCC boys - I thought Gogo might not be able to get up from his massive splat.

by Anonymousreply 570March 8, 2019 7:04 PM

Just ban the quads from juniors. They did fine in the short without them and this is a complete mess.

by Anonymousreply 571March 8, 2019 7:20 PM

I'm back to hating Krasnozhon's skating. There was literally nothing good about that skate. Ugly jumps, ugly spins, ugly posture, no interpretation.

by Anonymousreply 572March 8, 2019 7:23 PM

SPLATFEST!!!!

by Anonymousreply 573March 8, 2019 7:23 PM

Grassl's program is boring as fuck and the cameraman decided to show only the upper part of the only intersting thing about ot, the cool last spin.

by Anonymousreply 574March 8, 2019 7:37 PM

New thread.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 575March 8, 2019 7:45 PM

Wooohh Camden didn't disappoint me. He messed up.

by Anonymousreply 576March 8, 2019 7:45 PM

r576 Can Hiwatashi please learn more quads and replace Zhou? He was by far the most enjoyable guy to watch.

by Anonymousreply 577March 8, 2019 7:53 PM

Hiwatashi is world champion!

by Anonymousreply 578March 8, 2019 7:54 PM

Savosin silver. Grassl bronze

by Anonymousreply 579March 8, 2019 7:55 PM

Hiwatashi wins, good. Savosin was fine but forgettable. And kinda good for Gogo to be 5th by 0.02 points, I'd hit the roof if I were 4th and just off the podium by 0.02 points.

It was kinda enjoyable in the shadefreude way to watch this splatfest.

by Anonymousreply 580March 8, 2019 7:59 PM

PCS Hiwatashi vs Savosin

Judge 1, Ms. Nadezhda FIODOROVA from Belarus: Savosin

Judge 2, Ms. Inger ANDERSSON from Sweden: Hiwatashi

Judge 3, Mr. Josip CEROVAC from Croatia: Savosin

Judge 4, Mr. Nikolai SALNIKOV from Estonia: Savosin

Judge 5, Ms. Vessela POPOVA from Bulgaria: Hiwatashi

Judge 6, Mr. Albert ZAYDMAN from Israel: Savosin

Judge 7, Ms. Kylie Anne YACOPETTI from Australia: Savosin

Judge 8, Ms. Claire SHEPHERD from Great Britain: Hiwatashi

Judge 9, Mr. Osman SIRVAN from Turkey: Hiwatashi

by Anonymousreply 581March 8, 2019 8:07 PM

I like Hiwatashi and am glad he won, but he's 19. It's like a thrice held-back kindergartener winning the sight words spelling bee.

Too bad I don't really like Gogo's skating - he has a great eeyore-like personality: "Scratched my leg with a blade on the axel. Well, I don't know yet. Feels okay." "It's my first Junior Worlds and it doesn't feel like a very big competition.Anyway, I was a bit nervous, as usual."

by Anonymousreply 582March 8, 2019 8:35 PM

R575 Thank you for always keeping track of when we need a new thread.

by Anonymousreply 583March 8, 2019 8:38 PM

So apparently some time ago, Plush's wife was asked by a provocative tv host what she'd do if her son turned out gay. She said that at if he started playing with makeup and such past childhood, she'd at first try to discourage him, but if that didn't work out, she'd advise him to live in another country where it'd be easier. For a mother who seems to have her child's future all mapped out, I guess that's not such a bad answer.

by Anonymousreply 584March 8, 2019 10:25 PM

No son of mine is moving to Canada.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 585March 8, 2019 10:42 PM

I'm surprised the tabloids haven't run with this one. Med and Misha would be seething! (unless they've busted up)

Is that real R585? It's hilarious!! At least Shoma's drag was tasteful :)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 586March 8, 2019 10:49 PM

R586 She's a whore, darlin. But the situation's under control.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 587March 8, 2019 10:54 PM

r586 That makes me realize that there actually is a costume Hanyu could still surprise his fan with: he could wear Zag's tiger catsuit.

by Anonymousreply 588March 8, 2019 11:05 PM

Hitawashi was the only remotely watchable guy the entire night. Glad he won.

by Anonymousreply 589March 8, 2019 11:48 PM

Hiwatashi almost lost with that time violation deduction. Russian PCS game is strong at JW. Shiraiwa PCS at Helsinki was 30.48, Rostelecom 30.17. Trusova’s hardly took a dip despite lowering her jump content. JGPF was 31.55. Order may have been a factor except Cui and Shiraiwa skated between Shcherbakova and Trusova. Eteri’s juniors don’t need the help, but I hope this isn’t a sign of what will happen at senior Worlds.

R586 I think that was when Medvedeva started her solo jumping contest in the back and Ge kept interfering with Hanyu’s photos so much earlier during practice that one of the Japanese photographers complained.

R554 Lambiel is like an honorary member of Hamada’s team. He was also sitting with another member, Ghislain.

R552 Thank you. I wasn’t even looking for the right competition. Z was so creepy in addition to being an asshole.

Here’s the Cerafit CM you were talking about. They even had a fake Plushenko:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 590March 8, 2019 11:53 PM

R586 Zagitova's "I didn't talk to Hanyu, I don't talk to anyone except my coaches", "I don't care about man so stop asking me questions about boyfriend" and her "manner hands" when taking photo with Yuzuru are enough to keep both of them safe from tabloids and Russian ubers. I think.

R588 I would like it but it is unlikely. He is still playing safe with costume choices.

by Anonymousreply 591March 9, 2019 12:04 AM

R590 OMFG. That is a great cm. I laughed so hard and understood nothing. The competition is called "Top of the World" 2016. Fake Morozov looked properly jerky too.

[quote]I think that was when Medvedeva started her solo jumping contest in the back

Lord, that was funny. Here's a video (I've seen a clearer one, but can't find it). DL's favorite attention whore jumps in the background and zips by while the champs take their pictures at 16:22.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 592March 9, 2019 12:16 AM

R591 It didn't save Zags from fans shipping her with Chen and Uno though. Only a matter of time before the tabloids follow like how it did with Hanyu and Med.

by Anonymousreply 593March 9, 2019 12:25 AM

You're welcome R583

by Anonymousreply 594March 9, 2019 1:21 AM

R592. Oh my. :( thanks for sharing. I enjoy rewatching these clips. I find that I always find something I missed the first time watching.

by Anonymousreply 595March 9, 2019 1:29 AM

That is such a pathetic - and clear - example of how narcissistic MG is. He was probably burning up with envy, while they were taking the champions' photos. Maybe I'm projecting, but I think you can see how annoyed Yuzu is when Misha forces him to do the selfies with him and Med at the end - and then, we know what happened at the ice shows.

Somebody with that kind of desperate need for attention and awe - you just know he would be at Worlds IF he could be. It was such a frickin' relief to see Tomono's hottie coach, looking happy and relaxed, and alone with Kazuki in the K&C - and then him deleting those posts about being at Saitama - am I remembering that right? Anyway, I hope he isn't there at all.

I'm a bit curious about Benoit too. He seemed like a neat guy in the interview with Dave, in November I think, but WHY is he going to these comps with the students he choreographs for? with a baby that was just born a few months ago? And he left like a month after, but that sounded like something he needed to do for the money - classes and choreographing in China. But why is he needed when the vast majority of choreographers are NOT? Is he just trying to make his brand? And he's never alone with the student - as he might be if he were standing in for the real coach.

Oh well, I don't know the backstory with him - but I think I know enough about Misha Ge to be disgusted.

by Anonymousreply 596March 9, 2019 3:04 AM

Well this thread might be dead - but here's (maybe) a new video with Yuzuru in the background, doing something with his backpack, while Med has bunny ears on and is playing with some guy - is that Conrad Orzel? Someone in the comments seems to be saying that Med says something about Yuzuru, the "goat", but I can't hear her saying anything - just giggling.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 597March 9, 2019 3:24 AM

Well, actually she does seem to be saying something - to the girl on the floor (maybe the one who skates for Poland who might understand Russian?)

by Anonymousreply 598March 9, 2019 3:26 AM

Yuzuru flirting with Akiko - kind of.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 599March 9, 2019 3:48 AM

Link to new thread:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 600March 9, 2019 3:50 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!