Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

comedy central gay centered character THE OTHER TWO

REALLY ENJOYING this new show. gay guy is too cute, and his "gay" roommante is a hoot

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 310April 10, 2021 2:45 AM

I enjoy it a lot, the lead characters are endearing fuck-ups (the sister in particular is a huge hot mess) and I like the fact that while they’re a little bewildered by their tween brother’s success, they love him and are proud of him. Same with Molly Shannon’s mom character — she loves all three of her kids.

And you’re right, OP, the roommate is a hottie and steals all his scenes.

by Anonymousreply 1February 10, 2019 3:17 PM

Sadly it's on late where I live and I haven't seen any episodes.

by Anonymousreply 2February 10, 2019 3:19 PM

R2 You can watch episodes online with a cable/satellite login.

by Anonymousreply 3February 10, 2019 3:27 PM

It will never become a huge classic, but it was a very enjoyable diversion. While I enjoy the sister's character she overwhelms everything so far in the first two episodes. For me at least I need more of the very hot roommate, who wasn't even mentioned in the second episode, and Cary the gay brother whom it appears the story is suppose to revolve around and more of Wanda Sykes.

I was pleased by the gay kiss in the first episode, and the two jack-off scenes (no they don't actually show cock but kudos for fitting in two jack-off scenes in a half hour comedy) I am hoping for more gay kissing rather than just a quick kiss in the restroom of a bar. I will be watching it again.

Oh, not a fan of Molly Shannon it would be nice if she could develop a new persona and not play the same person in every roll she does. Thankfully her roll isn't huge.

by Anonymousreply 4February 10, 2019 3:42 PM

r2: Watch it online at their website:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5February 10, 2019 3:54 PM

Molly Shannon probably got the mom role because she was in Other People written and directed by Chris Kelly. The movie was based on Kelly's real life experiences with his mother's illness and later death and also how he dealt with homophobic parents. I totally recommend it.

by Anonymousreply 6February 10, 2019 3:56 PM

When I tried R5's link it asked me to sign in with my cable provider, which I have but at this link below it asked me no such thing, so hopefully those of you without cable can view it here. I had not seen this episode only the first two episodes listed on IMDb.

It starts out looking like an episode of the Today Show but don't be fooled it is actually the pilot of The Other Two.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7February 10, 2019 4:22 PM

It is a fun concept. Episode ended nicely for Cary.

by Anonymousreply 8February 10, 2019 4:26 PM

Typo: It is a fun concept. Episode 3 ended nicely for Cary.

by Anonymousreply 9February 10, 2019 4:27 PM

I haven't heard of this show. Appreciate the heads up.

by Anonymousreply 10February 10, 2019 4:59 PM

Lame!

by Anonymousreply 11February 10, 2019 5:02 PM

thanks r11 for you terse and complete review!

by Anonymousreply 12February 10, 2019 6:20 PM

Where can I watch this in Canada, aside from The Comedy Channel?

by Anonymousreply 13February 10, 2019 8:13 PM

I love this show. Can you be addicted after only 3 episodes?

by Anonymousreply 14February 10, 2019 8:36 PM

R13 your only option is most likely to use a VPN with a US based server.

by Anonymousreply 15February 10, 2019 11:32 PM

I was put off from watching this show because I wasn't interested in seeing the birth of a Justin Bieber-wannabe's career or the lives of his sad-sack siblings who were jealous of his success.

But I finally watched the first few episodes on demand and really liked it. The young kid is not irritating and the series is not heavily focused on him anyway. The older gay brother (bonus points: played by a self-described "queer actor") could have been the stuff of several gawd-awful Datalounge threads and are played for laughs in the show. "My Straight Roommate is Coming onto Me- Should I Go for It?" The standard DL reply of "This will end in tears" seems to be the eventual answer here, too.

Watch it, if you have the time. There are so few good network series with major gay characters.

by Anonymousreply 16February 11, 2019 3:08 AM

R16, I think you are onto something, as I got DL vibes from the show with the Beiber-like story line. I wonder if they are going to delve into the his bearding or trans claims that DL obsessed about at one time. I kind got a weird vibe from the manage storyline though... Molly was funny. I like the show.

by Anonymousreply 17February 11, 2019 3:21 AM

Agree. Great show, and the roommate is major eye candy. I suppose Justin Theroux signed off on using his name in Ep. 3? But the depiction of "his" house is not exactly flattering.

by Anonymousreply 18February 11, 2019 3:31 AM

OMG, they said pussy on network television! I'm scarred for life.

by Anonymousreply 19February 11, 2019 3:59 AM

I have seen one dick in 4 years.

This summer, I'm going to see 50 dicks.

It's empowering.

by Anonymousreply 20February 11, 2019 4:10 AM

I fucking LOVE this show. The "straight" roommate is hottie Andrew Ridings who was, in his young twink years, on ALL MY CHILDREN for a few months as JR Chandler. He played the role between out actor Jonathan Bennett and closet case Jacob Young.

He was pretty awful on AMC and I'd never predicted he'd ever act again, but he's worked pretty steadily over the years. He appears to be straight, has a cute wife. I think he is HOT and is just the ambiguous type I would have fallen for when I was in my 20s--so, perfect casting!

(Oh , and I LOVE Molly Shannon, and OTHER PEOPLE was amazing.)

by Anonymousreply 21February 11, 2019 4:12 AM

I also love this show and did not know Drew Tarver (the gay brother) identifies as bisexual. Cool.

by Anonymousreply 22February 11, 2019 5:14 AM

Surpringly engaging. Where are they going with the “straight but gay” roommate story arch? In the last episode the straight roomie unzipped his pants and had the gay roommate jerk him off.

A scenario many gay men are familiar with...

by Anonymousreply 23February 11, 2019 5:27 AM

Yup. Like straight out of my college years.

by Anonymousreply 24February 11, 2019 5:33 AM

Never saw Molly Shannon on “SNL”, though I was familiar with her. She was outstanding on “Enlightened”, wouldn’t have guessed she had that in her. And she was funny on that SJP show (“Divorce”? “The Divorce”?)

by Anonymousreply 25February 11, 2019 11:50 AM

Maybe a buysexual.

by Anonymousreply 26February 11, 2019 12:20 PM

Thanks for the heads up DL! I've set up for recording

by Anonymousreply 27February 11, 2019 1:03 PM

why are the only links to pictures, and not actual pictures within the threads?

by Anonymousreply 28February 11, 2019 6:05 PM

Not gay - bisexual according to a recent reddit AMA and a Slate podcast but he hasn't been very clear about the subject and maybe that is why his sexuality hasn't been featured as a part of the PR rollout for the show. The emphasis has been on the out gay former SNL writer who co-created and writes the show but not so much on Tarver - even in the Advocate advertorial for the show, there was a vague reference to casting gay actors but no specific reference to Tarver. Considering the Advocate wrote an entire article about a straight actor confessing to fooling around one time with a guy in high school as somehow representing a brave new wave of bisexual/fluidity, you know they would have made him the "out male bisexual" posterboy but I get the feeling he isn't all that comfortable with the subject. When I googled his name and bisexual, the only thing that came up was an odd reddit thread claiming that he was engaged to another female UCB comic but the only evidence was an instagram post that I could never find. If he is indeed engaged to a woman, that might explain the mystery.

by Anonymousreply 29February 12, 2019 1:37 AM

Everyone in this show is perfectly cast.

by Anonymousreply 30February 12, 2019 2:33 AM

Loved how Justin Theroux's house had only one bedroom but three saunas. And dozens of pairs of black boots.

The kid is sweet and not a brat at all. The siblings all love each other, which is nice.

Lusting after the dudebro roommate with the hairy chest. But I think, yes, it will end in tears.

by Anonymousreply 31February 12, 2019 2:46 AM

Is it just me, or is the sister character a blatant rip-off of Dee from It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia?

by Anonymousreply 32February 12, 2019 3:35 AM

R32 I even thought it was the same actress

by Anonymousreply 33February 12, 2019 3:47 AM

I thought the sister character is a blatant rip-off of Julie Klausner's Julie from Difficult People. Just look at the scenes from the movie premiere party like her "put it on Billy Eichner's tab!" line. The whole show feels very Difficult People with famous name droppings and mocking them. They even did that tourist bus bit where tourists watch a played out scene from their bus.

by Anonymousreply 34February 12, 2019 8:42 AM

LOL. Sorry, ... with famous name dropping and mocking them.

by Anonymousreply 35February 12, 2019 8:44 AM

R32 you’re not alone, I also thought it was a lazy rehash of Sweet Dee. I bet even the casting notice was for a “Sweet Dee” type.

by Anonymousreply 36February 12, 2019 9:46 AM

R34 you are also correct that this concept is a retread of Difficult People. This show seems like something that was developed ages ago a finally greenlit, I mean is there a more dated cultural reference than pre-tattoo Justin Bieber? Kids don’t even like that kind of bubblegum pop anymore, it’s all these SoundCloud rappers with handrawn tattoos now.

by Anonymousreply 37February 12, 2019 10:09 AM

ScreenRant also noticed the resemblance

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38February 12, 2019 10:11 AM

The two leads were very well cast.

by Anonymousreply 39February 12, 2019 10:29 AM

While I do mourn the loss Difficult People, this Other Two is quite a bit less venomous. They'll name drop/pop culture refer, but their insta-famous sib kinda sweetens the funny, bitter-ish escapades.

by Anonymousreply 40February 12, 2019 12:11 PM

Yeah, Difficult People was full on mean in an AbFab kind of way where you loved to hate the leads and enjoyed them failing at whatever they wanted to accomplish.

The Other Two seems more sweet with the leads having some kind of redeemable character traits (like their love for their younger brother).

by Anonymousreply 41February 12, 2019 12:34 PM

The problem I have with the little brother is by making the age difference 15 years it doesn't seem like the older siblings would be close to him.

by Anonymousreply 42February 12, 2019 12:45 PM

Helene York who plays the sister dated Bobby Flay for awhile. I also remember her when she played the barely seen girlfriend of the lesbian lawyer on The Good Fight.

by Anonymousreply 43February 12, 2019 2:38 PM

Heléne Yorke is a gay icon in the making and was incredible in the American Psycho musical on Broadway.

by Anonymousreply 44February 12, 2019 2:42 PM

I hope the flight attendant guy played by Beck Bennett pops up in another episode.

by Anonymousreply 45February 12, 2019 2:48 PM

R44 She also played the fuck-up daughter of a former president, I absolutely loved her in it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 46February 12, 2019 3:11 PM

I think because of the age difference, the older two would have doted on their baby brother. And it sounds that they all loved the dead father, while tolerating the crazy mom.

by Anonymousreply 47February 12, 2019 3:14 PM

Love the show, too, but so very tired of Molly Shannon.

by Anonymousreply 48February 12, 2019 3:21 PM

[quote]I think because of the age difference, the older two would have doted on their baby brother.

My mother had a new baby when I was 16. I doted for two years, then went to college. Never lived at home again. Never close.

by Anonymousreply 49February 12, 2019 3:31 PM

That says more about you, r49.

by Anonymousreply 50February 12, 2019 3:38 PM

Of course it does, r50. It's about me.

More than about what, though, or whom?

by Anonymousreply 51February 12, 2019 3:40 PM

It says more about your frigid personality, r49, than about other people in a similar situation, who would remain close to a younger sibling. Is that clear enough for you?

by Anonymousreply 52February 12, 2019 3:50 PM

Well in all likelihood these two characters, who are both written as selfish, would not be close to their 13 year old brother given respective 15 and 17 year age difference as well a difference in geography.

It would have been better to make the brother 18 or 19.

by Anonymousreply 53February 12, 2019 4:01 PM

Already renewed for a second season.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 54February 12, 2019 4:45 PM

Everything is renewed for a second season these days.

In all likelihood this will die a slow and quiet death after two seasons because you can't launch anything on basic cable anymore.

by Anonymousreply 55February 12, 2019 4:50 PM

I watched the panel discussion of the show on YouTube. They panel includes the two SNL creators of the show and the two lead actors. Fred Armisen is the panel discussion leader.

It is revealed (no specific spoilers) that the comedy series takes a turn around episode 8, maybe into something dramatic. The panel won't say anything specific. But this show is not a 100% light comedy series.

Heléne said something interesting about her character. She said that her character doesn't realize that she is one of "The Other Two." Her character sees her older gay brother as struggling and maybe a loser, but she thinks she and her younger brother are doing great, even though she's actually as fucked up as Cary. Anyway, that's how she's playing it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 56February 12, 2019 6:12 PM

That's exactly what Sweet Dee would think.

by Anonymousreply 57February 12, 2019 6:14 PM

My brother is 13 years younger than me. As adults, we're much closer to each other than to our older brother.

by Anonymousreply 58February 12, 2019 6:48 PM

[quote]It is revealed (no specific spoilers) that the comedy series takes a turn around episode 8, maybe into something dramatic. The panel won't say anything specific. But this show is not a 100% light comedy series.

I'm guessing an illness hits one of characters. I'm going with the little brother getting cancer and then the mom and older siblings exploit it.

by Anonymousreply 59February 13, 2019 3:32 AM

My brother is 16 years older than me and was a wonderful big brother. Even when I was a little kid and he was a swinging single 20something, he would make an effort to spend time with me.

by Anonymousreply 60February 13, 2019 4:36 AM

I guess at some point the younger brother becomes a brat by letting fame and fortune go to his head and the siblings turning on him.

by Anonymousreply 61February 13, 2019 11:16 AM

Here's the preview for Thursday's episode. Cary's younger pop-star brother releases a viral video "My Brother's Gay."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 62February 13, 2019 5:48 PM

In this Out.com article, Drew Tarver talks about his queerosity--

[quote] When I read the script, I was like, "Oh, this feels like some real queer issues that I haven't seen.” It’s not as shied-away from. There's straight-up kissing. There's masturbation to men. I needed to see this on TV as a queer person growing up. This is very important and exciting for me to get a chance to do this. And I've dealt with, in my real life, internalized homophobia that I think Cary is going through and trying to figure out.

I wonder if he was semi-forced to talk about his bisexuality to ward off accusations that a straight man was taking another gay person's job.

The Other Two's next episode is Thursday at 10:30 pm EST on Comedy Central.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 63February 15, 2019 2:08 AM

“As a queer person”

by Anonymousreply 64February 15, 2019 2:28 AM

A gay man pushing 30 should know better than to think his closeted/curious/horny roommate will end up being his boyfriend. Enjoy the playtime, but don't expect a disney happy ending. That said, I do like the show.

by Anonymousreply 65February 15, 2019 2:39 AM

It's a comedy about clueless people, for god's sake.

by Anonymousreply 66February 15, 2019 2:45 AM

Fair point R66

by Anonymousreply 67February 15, 2019 2:48 AM

"a little dry. Like a turtle chewing a carrot" ?

by Anonymousreply 68February 15, 2019 3:03 AM

Even if a little dry, I would have given the boy a chance. He can learn.

by Anonymousreply 69February 15, 2019 5:01 AM

That interview is all over the place - you can tell the "reporter" emailed some generic questions and cut and pasted the replies. You can tell the reporter wanted to play up the gay vs bi angle with the evil privileged biphobic gays oppressing the poor virtuous bisexuals but Tarver to his credit didn't take the bate. It sounds like he is still dealing with some internalized homophobia as he avoids any details of his personal life - does he a boyfriend? There is an entire reddit thread speculating that he is engaged to a woman so who knows. His answers were so generic - the only thing we really learned is that he watched that Brit bisexuality series and then everything is bi-phobia and bi-erasure, etc.

And using Queer as some kind of universal identity just papers over significant life differences, especially between bi and gay men. Heterosexuality is still privileged and that will always cause a conflict between those men who only have sexual and romantic relationships with other men and those who lead basically a heterosexual life except for sex with men on the side. The only thing we have in common is homophobia - or is that biphobic?

by Anonymousreply 70February 15, 2019 5:01 AM

R6, yes, Molly worked with Chris before plus Lorne Michaels is one of the executive producers for this show.

by Anonymousreply 71February 15, 2019 5:11 AM

My problem with the latest episode is that they’re sort of writing Cary at a level of integrity higher than he should be for the show to work. The sister occupies the same moral (or amoral) universe as the show business people which made her story tonight more amusing, while Cary’s seemed like something from a more serious or earnest show. What made Difficult People or Always Sunny was that both stars or all five stars are at the same level of awfulness.

by Anonymousreply 72February 15, 2019 10:33 AM

Anyone else chortle when the guy at the bar said he didn’t know Cary was gay when they did the play together?

“What is he, headless?” To paraphrase Karen Walker

by Anonymousreply 73February 15, 2019 10:54 AM

r72, but I think that there is great potential for conflict there when the leads operate on different levels of integrity for serious drama purposes and comedy.

by Anonymousreply 74February 15, 2019 10:55 AM

I disagree because they don’t share the same storyline in the episode, so it felt like watching two different shows.

by Anonymousreply 75February 15, 2019 11:09 AM

That's the whole point, r72. To have both the older siblings as craven, clueless opportunists would be ridiculous and tiresome. r74 has it right.

by Anonymousreply 76February 15, 2019 2:18 PM

r73, the friend said that because he obviously was not interested in Carey at the time, but after Carey's sudden elevation to "gay icon," he was more famous and hence, more fuckable.

by Anonymousreply 77February 15, 2019 2:23 PM

R76 = idiot

by Anonymousreply 78February 15, 2019 2:25 PM

I'm with r76 et al. The clueless double act has been done with Edina and Patsy and most recently with Difficult People. I like this fresh new spin with one in the pair still being thirsty but also a decent and relatable person deep down. And it makes the other one look even more cartoonish in comparison. So I guess that makes him half of a straight man?

by Anonymousreply 79February 15, 2019 2:39 PM

I think that I would have let the roommate finish the blowjob before I pushed him away, but that's just me.

by Anonymousreply 80February 15, 2019 3:33 PM

Call me a creep, but I really wish the show was on HBO or Showtime then you'd get at least ass (the roommate's?) and maybe flaccid dick from an extra or two.

by Anonymousreply 81February 15, 2019 3:37 PM

^^^ I’m watching on Xfinity and they have episodes listed as explicit versions. So far I think it’s just been language, but who knows?

by Anonymousreply 82February 15, 2019 4:43 PM

I love how maturely that lusting after the straight/closeted guy situation was dealt with. It's all fun and games until you start catching on that internalized homophobia and the desire to "pass" as straight. That scene should be linked to every time a thread about chasing after a straight guy appears here on DL.

The little exchange at the end when that guy responded with disgust after Cary had said "Thanks" was some really biting commentary. You rarely see subtle gay interaction like that in other mainstream comedies. And that agent treating Cary as her newest pet fag hit close to home.

r80 That actor basically has no upper lip so the BJ was most likely toothy in addition to being dry. Still, I'll miss seeing his bod going forward. They could make him come out and start dating a hot gay guy who constantly hangs around the apartment, but I think that would take away from Cary's growth. On the other hand, the roommate should do whatever the fuck he wants with his life.

I love this show.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 83February 15, 2019 6:00 PM

Me, too. This last episode suggests it may have darker undertones going forward.

by Anonymousreply 84February 15, 2019 9:45 PM

I think the darker undertones of the show have to do with the father's death. In the last episode it was mentioned that lied about the dad dying of cancer.

by Anonymousreply 85February 16, 2019 1:09 AM

The gay curious roommate is a total butter face. As hot as his bod is, that face is tragic.

by Anonymousreply 86February 16, 2019 1:16 AM

Youre blind R86

by Anonymousreply 87February 16, 2019 1:29 AM

In the panel discussion video upthread, the actor playing Cary talked about preparing for a later episode where he had to cry for several days of filming. They didn't say much about why he was crying in that episode, but it appears the crying wasn't comical.

by Anonymousreply 88February 16, 2019 1:39 AM

I get a weird vibe from the actor playing Cary - there are short segments after the show online where the two writers and the two main actors provide some behind the scenes commentary and the guy who plays Cary is very coy about his sexuality. He mentions internalized homophobia at one point but at such an abstract level that it almost seems like scripted irony. I read somewhere that he only came out at 27 but claims he was never hiding anything and that his attraction to men is a recent development. In the clip below after the pilot aired, the all talk about how similar they are in real life to the show but he talks about having a sort of famous sister but never mentions the obvious. In a later segment he vaguely talks about "queer" actors but never in the first person...odd.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 89February 16, 2019 3:05 AM

I don't find Cary to be very attractive and his neediness doesn't help. He should have been grateful the hunky roommate wanted to experiment with him. He'd never get another guy as hot as him.

by Anonymousreply 90February 16, 2019 2:04 PM

While the sister has her moments, her un-self aware crassness relegates her to side show status. Cary may have his flaws but he is definitely smarter and has more of a moral compass. To reject the handsome roommate who he rightfully knew was only using him was smart and self-protective.

by Anonymousreply 91February 16, 2019 2:23 PM

I think the latest episode is very entertaining, but also telling. That rollercoaster of Cary wanting the clip to be taken down one moment and then letting it stay online the next shows how fickle he (and the media industry itself represented by Wanda's character Shuli Kucerac) is. Also the scene at the end where his response, to his colleague not knowing he was gay when they worked together, was a bit too enthusiastic was hilarious and telling. That awkward moment afterwards was priceless. Craig standing up for himself and pushing his roommate away was pretty epic (yeah, Mary!) given that it's a brand new show that hasn't even established itself yet.

by Anonymousreply 92February 16, 2019 3:47 PM

There apparently has been some chatter online about Tarver’s sexuality, this is also being discussed in his own separate thread

He was discovered by CBS in a talent showcase in which he participated as an LGBT member, and is criticized in the Deadline article because someone knew him as having had a girlfriend. Other people chimed in to defend him and allude to only recently having come out.

My personal opinion is this: many people who pursue careers in front of the camera in show business are very, very ambitious and usually around high school have already developed a self-image centered around being bound for stardom (Lea Michelle’s character in Glee is a good example). So the idea of Drew being someone who did not identify as gay or bi for a long time and then comes out and vaults to the head of the line in this showcase while not being completely comfortable publicly with his sexuality, fits to me this profile of the ambitious ingenue.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 93February 16, 2019 3:52 PM

Here's a Youtube video from 2016 where Drew Tarver plays a character, Drew, who talks about his new gay relationship. The title of this comedy routine is "When Your Whore Friend Gets Into a Relationship."

I don't know when he discovered he was gay-ish or bi, but it appears he's been very gay-friendly for a while.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 94February 16, 2019 5:54 PM

r95 That UCB/alt-comedy crowd is very gay friendly so it is strange that he would have been closeted so long or that the other gays wouldn't have suspected. He was in a longterm relationship with a soap actress so that might have delayed his coming out (There is reference to his IG post from Oct. 2014 saying Happy 10th anniversary to Levin Rambin (now deleted) but there is also her IG post from Nov 2013 with his picture captioned as ex-boyfriend so who knows). He had to be out on some level on Feb of 2014 because he won the CBS diversity award for an LGBT that year. I think he is 33 so if he came out at 26 that would be around 2012.

He obviously friends with Michael Henry and appeared in one of his videos so you would think he would be more upfront about his sexuality but the same rules don't seem to apply to bisexuals. They get a pass for being in the closet because apparently gays are so mean to them that they cower in fear of being evicted, fired (not that many would have gay bosses but never let logic get in the way of self-pity) or beaten up by those roving packs of militant biphobic gays! I kid but you would assume as much according to bisexual activists - they spend much more time berating gays than straights and invoke biphobia to effectively exempt themselves from any responsibility in working against homophobia and heterosexism.. Why would they - heterosexuality has its privileges and since 90 % of them end up in straight relationships, their interests align much more with the heterosexual majority than with the homos. Anyway, we are constantly told that sexuality is so fluid these days, no one is really gay or straight so problem solved! The Advocate puts a male/female couple on the cover - a lesbian no less married to a man - and deems it the more "queer" than actual same sex couples. But you can't object without being denounced as a privileged cisgendered man! If you didn't know any better, you would assume it was some devious plot by evangelical christians to undermine the gay rights movement from within. Of course that is just a crazy conspiracy theory but we live in bizarre times - who would have ever thought that the FBI would run a counter-intelligence operation against a newly elected president under suspicion of being a Russian asset!

by Anonymousreply 95February 19, 2019 5:49 AM

References for above in the link below - odd page I know, it almost seems like it was computer generated or translated from another language but the links work so....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 96February 19, 2019 5:51 AM

That site is basically a computer generated site

by Anonymousreply 97February 19, 2019 5:54 AM

R95 so if we take everything at face value; he says he is 30. 2014 anniversary is 4/5 years ago depending on when it was. That means he was 26 or 25. So according to that he was 16 or 15 when they got together........ I doubt it.

by Anonymousreply 98February 19, 2019 5:59 AM

He is lying about his age. Being discussed over here

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 99February 19, 2019 9:28 AM

comedy central ran a NEW episode last night, but labeled in as "series premiere". WTF. it appears the ep will rerun Thnurs night. cute highschool dance with a hot drama teacher.

by Anonymousreply 100February 19, 2019 1:15 PM

Daniel K Isaac is cute, and an out gay actor

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 101February 20, 2019 4:14 AM

Wonder if last nights episode was filmed before JJ Totah came out as trans. Also what did these gays do to him to get on that list?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 102February 20, 2019 4:26 AM

he list is men he wants to fuck... ^

by Anonymousreply 103February 20, 2019 1:11 PM

No, that was definitely his shit list.

by Anonymousreply 104February 20, 2019 3:19 PM

who is this jj person?

by Anonymousreply 105February 21, 2019 2:32 AM

I'm really enjoying this. Episodes 3 and 4 seem to hit a stride that episodes 1 and 2 just hinted at.

Molly Shannon's Midwest middle-aged mom 'do is like a cross between Kate Gosselin and Rachel from "Friends" if it had been done at Supercuts.

And I literally laughed out loud when Wanda Sykes attempted to do damage control by taking down Internet photos of the sister who had gone as Terri Schiavo for Halloween.

by Anonymousreply 106February 21, 2019 4:06 AM

You must be the only one who’s never heard of the Can I Speak to the Manager haircut.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 107February 21, 2019 10:08 AM

After the latest episode I stand by my earlier criticism. Cary’s writing is so different from Brooke it’s like watching two different shows when their storylines are separate. Contrast it with say Schitt’s Creek and how David and Alexis are clearly both occupants of the same kind of world.

I’m afraid the show is a bit of a mess.

by Anonymousreply 108February 22, 2019 3:07 AM

That two-tone approach s a big draw for me, to be honest.

Anyone else expected Jackie to do a Mamacita impression when she started talking about accents?

by Anonymousreply 109February 22, 2019 1:36 PM

I loved the running joke of catching all the teachers who snuck off during the dance to have sex.

by Anonymousreply 110February 22, 2019 4:29 PM

So did Drew fuck the teacher? Will we see more of him?

by Anonymousreply 111February 22, 2019 7:02 PM

Jackie Hoffman as Lorraine, Chase's body double, was friggin hilarious.

And Ken Marino as the pathetic, and mildly creepy, manager is pure genius. Richard Kind as Skip is also hilarious doing all these side jobs while acting as Cary's talent manager on the phone.

by Anonymousreply 112February 22, 2019 8:12 PM

r111 Wasn't that school in some suburban area? Which would mean Cary or the teacher would have to travel back and forth to see each other. Not gonna happen, probably. I liked the teacher but he was more of a one-episode writing device to confront Cary with a possible alternative career choice for a drama major.

by Anonymousreply 113February 22, 2019 8:19 PM

I think there is a higher chance to see Josie Totah again for her character to screw with Cary and his career or love life.

by Anonymousreply 114February 22, 2019 8:32 PM

r108, agree to disagree. I think if they were both crass like the sister, it would get old fast. The brother is more is the more centered of the two, and I in no way find it difficult to have them co-exist in the same universe. I don't see the comparison with Daniel and Alexis apt at all.

by Anonymousreply 115February 22, 2019 9:57 PM

Schitt Creek's Daniel and Alexis come from the same level of entitlement and adapt to their new non-glamorous lives in a rather similar way (Oh! How quaint is that! Look at me, I'm doing something totally mundane!).

Brooke and Cary approach life in their own, individual way even though they both try to make it in the entertainment industry. Brooke is more cynical and ruthless and Cary is more whiny, shy, and self righteous.

by Anonymousreply 116February 23, 2019 7:39 AM

Another show DL's gonna run into the ground.

by Anonymousreply 117February 23, 2019 9:49 AM

r111, the diner "the other two" were sitting outside of after the school dance is in Elmont, NY, in suburban Nassau County, Long Island. Not sure if that was intended to be relevant to the storyline as Elmont, per se, or just suburbia in general.

by Anonymousreply 118February 23, 2019 10:04 AM

There are literally 100,000 or more Cary types working as waiters in NYC, waiting around for their big break to happen, living in crappy apartments with roommates. Fun for a while, I suppose.

by Anonymousreply 119February 23, 2019 10:06 AM

There was another new episode last night, it was listed as "First Look" for some reason and will air again during the normal time slot on Thursday.

Lots of shirtless Drew Tarver.

by Anonymousreply 120February 27, 2019 2:53 AM

He’s okay

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 121February 27, 2019 3:12 AM

Huge head body ratio

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 122February 27, 2019 3:18 AM

I'm wondering now exactly how the dad died. Suicide? In a hotel room with disco lights getting fisted?

by Anonymousreply 123February 27, 2019 2:13 PM

It was funny how Patrick Wilson was so supportive of the brother in public but wanted to avoid riding down in the elevator with him.

He's presented as a dolt on the show, but I find the sister's old BF played by Josh Segurra to be very hot.

by Anonymousreply 124February 27, 2019 8:27 PM

I was almost expecting him to kiss Cary in the locker room.

by Anonymousreply 125February 28, 2019 2:15 AM

#metoo, but yeah, i did too. ^

by Anonymousreply 126February 28, 2019 3:11 AM

Very uneven episode. I think the premise is wearing thin fast.

by Anonymousreply 127March 1, 2019 3:03 AM

Patrick Wilson really filled out those jeans. Yum.

by Anonymousreply 128March 1, 2019 3:21 AM

Didn't watch tonight, but is the hot roommate still on the show, of did he disappear after the blow job moment a couple of weeks ago?

by Anonymousreply 129March 1, 2019 3:29 AM

No he hasn’t been on since then

by Anonymousreply 130March 1, 2019 3:32 AM

I lost interest without the hot roommate

by Anonymousreply 131March 1, 2019 8:04 AM

I love how they made Cary look even more unsuitable for the Andy Cohen bartender gig by showing him in the gym with all the muscle guys. The real Andy would have screamed in terror for a guy like Cary (a nobody without a gym bod) to be cast as bartender on his show.

by Anonymousreply 132March 1, 2019 9:03 AM

STINK and how it came to be....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 133March 1, 2019 2:31 PM

[quote]I'm wondering now exactly how the dad died. Suicide? In a hotel room with disco lights getting fisted?

Yeah, I think it was suicide.

by Anonymousreply 134March 1, 2019 8:09 PM

Anyone have YouTube TV? I can't find this show on there. Ugh.

by Anonymousreply 135March 1, 2019 8:25 PM

Josh Segarra was sexy AF in that lockerroom Scene with Cary

by Anonymousreply 136March 1, 2019 9:35 PM

Patrick Wilson looked hella tight in those jeans

by Anonymousreply 137March 1, 2019 9:38 PM

I feel so stupid. Only in the latest episode I realized that I have mixed up Josh Segarra with Jack Kesy. Josh was great in Arrow playing a good guy who turns out to be a bad guy out to take revenge on the Arrow / Oliver Queen.

by Anonymousreply 138March 1, 2019 9:54 PM

I love that Cary didn't realize that Patrick Wilson was totally fake during the AC WWHL segment and didn't give a fuck about Cary at all.

by Anonymousreply 139March 2, 2019 8:03 AM

Thanks for the recommendation, Datalounge. Two eps in, and I love it. And I totally agree that it feels like a sweeter, slightly less cynical version of Difficult People, but... it works for me.

by Anonymousreply 140March 2, 2019 7:12 PM

Helene Yorke should get all those chest moles removed.

by Anonymousreply 141March 2, 2019 7:42 PM

[quote]Wasn't that school in some suburban area? Which would mean Cary or the teacher would have to travel back and forth to see each other. Not gonna happen, probably. I liked the teacher but he was more of a one-episode writing device to confront Cary with a possible alternative career choice for a drama major.

I think the area was somewhere in New Jersey maybe 30 to 60 minutes away from NYC. In the previous episode, Brooke went there to track down that girl who wrote the letter to Chase.

by Anonymousreply 142March 3, 2019 2:26 AM

Never really noticed Helene York in her Broadway shows, but love her! And she can move!

by Anonymousreply 143March 3, 2019 12:47 PM

Josh Segarra Is Zaddy 🔥🔥🔥🔥

by Anonymousreply 144March 3, 2019 1:02 PM

I love how they're always putting drinks on Billy Eichner's tab.

by Anonymousreply 145March 5, 2019 6:46 PM

I screamed when Greta Lee showed up. She was as funny here as she was in Russian Doll. Love that bitch.

by Anonymousreply 146March 5, 2019 6:54 PM

Me too, r146. She's great.

by Anonymousreply 147March 6, 2019 1:32 AM

Episode three was hilarious but I feel like it’s gone downhill from there. I’ve also found myself really disliking Cary and the straight actor playing him.

by Anonymousreply 148March 6, 2019 4:40 PM

Either Drew Tarver is terribly miscast or perfect for the role, because I hate him and his character more than his sister. He isn't an asshole but I still want him to fail at everything he tries, because I find him annoying as hell. So, if that was the show's intention Drew is perfect for that role.

by Anonymousreply 149March 6, 2019 4:44 PM

Drew Tarver's not straight R148

by Anonymousreply 150March 6, 2019 4:53 PM

some of these "viewers" seem to do nothing but bring their politics to watching this show. you may not be aware of this, but this is a sitcom. its funny. is not a thesis on gay/straight world views. it make me laugh. that's the purpose of a FUNNY SHOW.

by Anonymousreply 151March 6, 2019 5:21 PM

R148, he’s either really “queer” with no evidence to back it up or he’s an opportunist who used some vague label to take advantage of situations where he could have some career momentum if he said he was.

The jury is still out but I wouldn’t be surprised if there were some Jussie Smollett type allegations of him exploiting gay visibility for financial gain.

by Anonymousreply 152March 6, 2019 5:24 PM

R151, it’s just a shame the show hasn’t been funny in about four weeks.

by Anonymousreply 153March 6, 2019 5:26 PM

Not funny for you R153

by Anonymousreply 154March 6, 2019 5:27 PM

r151 = Chris Kelly

In all seriousness, there's nothing wrong with talking about the messages in this show, especially because we don't really have (mainstream) sitcoms with gay leads that go beyond stereotypes. So some of us are excited to break it down more than we usually would with other similar shows. That's not "bringing politics into it", you privileged frau cow. Besides, the creators of this show have been writing sketches for SNL for years now and if you think there has never been any social commentary in those, you've been watching the wrong show.

by Anonymousreply 155March 6, 2019 5:28 PM

“Roll” for “role” is the new “loose” for “lose.”

by Anonymousreply 156March 6, 2019 5:45 PM

r155

not a frau, and not a fan of SNL so....

by Anonymousreply 157March 6, 2019 6:08 PM

I hope they don't get rid of the hot roommate. What's his deal? I'd like to see him and Cary get together

by Anonymousreply 158March 6, 2019 6:17 PM

I miss the roommate!

by Anonymousreply 159March 6, 2019 6:50 PM

Uh oh. Y'all making me worried. I've only seen the first four episodes, but I've loved it so far. I guess people who've spent their careers writing sketch comedy may not have the chops to sustain a full show? We'll see. 🤞

FWIW, in one of the after-show talks that Comedy Central puts after every episode, the lead actor described himself as a "queer actor". I know the "q" word is triggering to eldergays, but he's definitely not straight.

by Anonymousreply 160March 6, 2019 6:54 PM

Lots of sources are calling him bisexual, since apparently he either had or has a girlfriend.

by Anonymousreply 161March 6, 2019 6:55 PM

Drew Tarver (Cary) is bisexual

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 162March 6, 2019 6:58 PM

R162 - he looks much better on the show.

by Anonymousreply 163March 6, 2019 7:02 PM

that was the link to the podcast where he says he was bi

by Anonymousreply 164March 6, 2019 7:04 PM

I’ll take Cary over Will and Jack any day.

by Anonymousreply 165March 6, 2019 8:09 PM

Oh hey, it’s Jimmy Fowlie as an Instagay on tonight’s episode!

by Anonymousreply 166March 8, 2019 2:40 AM

And another one is Nick Adams, naked in a church!

by Anonymousreply 167March 8, 2019 2:50 AM

Seeing Brock Yurich fucking a woman was so weird, since he's so gay.

by Anonymousreply 168March 8, 2019 5:50 AM

Love that they actually picked authentic instagays

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 169March 8, 2019 6:29 AM

Is Nick Adams an Instagay??

by Anonymousreply 170March 9, 2019 9:27 PM

didn't one of the "instagays" say he was straight? and one a virgin?

by Anonymousreply 171March 9, 2019 9:33 PM

Yes, Navaris' character did.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 172March 9, 2019 9:50 PM

I want to lick the roommate's chest hair.

by Anonymousreply 173March 9, 2019 9:51 PM

"I used to be fat but now I have two nieces." Off-beat hilarious.

Saw that it was written by Cole Escola of Difficult People. This show is so much better. Loved the burn on THIS IS US.

by Anonymousreply 174March 10, 2019 1:41 PM

[quote]Saw that it was written by Cole Escola of Difficult People.

Knew it would be hilarious the moment I saw that credit. And it was full of his brand of humour, especially the "How can we know you're gay if there's no shame?" bit.

by Anonymousreply 175March 10, 2019 2:24 PM

Last night’s episode was the first I’ve really laughed at since episode three, but I think Difficult People is much superior show, although Helene York is a much better actress than Julie Klausner. DP dealt with serious matters in a much more fluid manner whereas on this show, the dramatic turns feel like authentic. Both shows deal with gay issues in different but very unexpected ways that I haven’t seen a show tackle.

I also loved the giant eyeroll when she found out the British guy was cut

by Anonymousreply 176March 10, 2019 4:47 PM

Bring Saamer back, please.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 177March 10, 2019 5:49 PM

Who was he?

by Anonymousreply 178March 11, 2019 9:35 PM

The British guy r176 mentioned. Although his hair was short on the show.

by Anonymousreply 179March 11, 2019 9:47 PM

Reviews are start to coming in for the upcoming HBO documentary.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 180March 12, 2019 3:14 PM

oops wrong thread

by Anonymousreply 181March 12, 2019 3:14 PM

'HE'S DOING 'CALL ME BY YOUR NAME' AGAIN."

by Anonymousreply 182March 15, 2019 3:30 AM

Comedy Central took the place of my CNN tonight...why does this happen with Spectrum?

by Anonymousreply 183March 15, 2019 3:39 AM

Loved that ending.

I still miss the roommate though.

by Anonymousreply 184March 15, 2019 6:32 AM

AT least the roommate got a mention.

by Anonymousreply 185March 15, 2019 12:44 PM

At least we know Cary keeps his hole clean in anticipation of sex.

by Anonymousreply 186March 15, 2019 1:53 PM

Starving yourself for a full day in case you might have sex in the evening is ridiculous and will reduce your muscle mass and fuck up your blood sugar levels in the long run. But of course that was written comedically; it wasn't an endorsement of this practice.

I think the showrunners were referring to the last scene when they said they had to do it three or four times and Drew was able to cry on cue without menthol every time.

Cary is slowly morphing into something awful but I guess that's inevitable when you're in showbiz.

by Anonymousreply 187March 15, 2019 2:09 PM

I just think this show should already generate a spinoff called "The Roommate "

by Anonymousreply 188March 15, 2019 2:20 PM

Let's face it, neither of those two would have made a convincing top.

by Anonymousreply 189March 15, 2019 4:07 PM

Josh Segarra plays such a sweet character. You just know he would eat your ass forever to make you happy.

by Anonymousreply 190March 15, 2019 4:16 PM

r189 I was expecting that scene to go like "No, you eat the pizza - No, you eat it, go ahead..." ad nauseam because neither wanted to top. It was something different to watch two guys decide on the spot which position they'll take later in the bedroom.

Also, garbage food like pizza lies in your stomach for hours and hours, and after that takes ages to reach your large intestine. They could both have eaten it and then bottom with zero issues.

r190 He's so fucking sweet. He can carry me around like he did Chase anytime.

by Anonymousreply 191March 15, 2019 4:22 PM

The awkwardness when two guys that are attracted to each other discover they are both bottoms.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 192March 15, 2019 9:06 PM

It's a great opportunity to dust off the sybian, though.

by Anonymousreply 193March 15, 2019 9:11 PM

Wasn't there something earth-shattering big promised that changes the show's dynamic or something in episode 8?

by Anonymousreply 194March 15, 2019 10:30 PM

r194 You're right, there's a scene on an airplane that was supposed to happen in the eighth episode. It's the first thing they ever filmed and it's been hyped so much, I'm sure I haven't hallucinated it. Perhaps the reviewers had the episodes available to them in a different order than we do?

by Anonymousreply 195March 15, 2019 11:33 PM

isn't that airplane scene coming up next week?

by Anonymousreply 196March 16, 2019 12:23 AM

Most likely, yes, but I distinctly recall hearing several times that it would be in the eighth one. In any case, I fully expect Ken Marino to jump off the airplane and I won't settle for anything less at this point.

by Anonymousreply 197March 16, 2019 12:25 AM

I hope we haven't seen the last of Daniel K. Isaac

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 198March 16, 2019 3:40 AM

Anyone with a fireplace can do "Call Me By Your Name"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 199March 16, 2019 5:45 AM

Julio Torres' character should have hooked up with Cary.

by Anonymousreply 200March 16, 2019 3:46 PM

r200 I was just assuming that is where the episode was headed. And then nothing.

by Anonymousreply 201March 16, 2019 3:51 PM

Who’s that, R200? I don’t have a shorthand with D-list NY theatre actors.

by Anonymousreply 202March 16, 2019 4:50 PM

SNL writer and comedian of some sort, apparently.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 203March 16, 2019 4:52 PM

Josh Segarra looks so different here on this show. He looks blackish or Blatino. In the past, he looked very white

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 204March 16, 2019 7:51 PM

But he is Puerto Rican r204

by Anonymousreply 205March 16, 2019 7:54 PM

Ahhh hence The hot Blatino swag

by Anonymousreply 206March 16, 2019 9:53 PM

That lockerroom scene with josh was so hot

by Anonymousreply 207March 16, 2019 9:54 PM

I love Cary (looks and personality) and was so sad to see him turn show biz douchey in the last episode. I hope it was just a phase.

by Anonymousreply 208March 17, 2019 8:57 AM

WRONG R155. That’s exactly what this is. Let me tell how this thread is gonna go...

Instead of talking about the quality of the show, this thread will devolve into an “IS Tarver is gay or straight” drama, but he won’t be gay enough for some of you and not straight enough for the rest of you. Someone will cyberstalk him and then keep us updated on his online friends and family (only the cute ones tho). Someone will crawl out of the woodwork proclaiming a friend of a friend saw Tarver at a Singer/Spacey twink party 10 years ago. Then the usual DL gargoyles will jump in with the requisite critique of Tarver’s appearance as if he’s some goddamn porn star or something. Someone will go into the history of queers on TV while mentioning some gay character from the 80s blahblahblahhhhhhh 400 replies later.

by Anonymousreply 209March 17, 2019 9:48 AM

[quote] Let me tell how this thread is gonna go...

Because of DL's format it's not really that evident, but you can have different topics in one thread. If posters discussing one particular topic (like, "IS Tarver is gay or straight") bothers you so much you can put these posters on ignore and focus on appreciating the discussion about the show. Any other approach would force you to come off as unhinged hall monitor trying to control the conversation (and posters posting their disapproval of you trying to be a hall monitor) and that also derails from actually discussing the show.

by Anonymousreply 210March 17, 2019 10:00 AM

r209 There's a special thread for Drew Tarver already.

Also, like r210 mentioned, this isn't Reddit. People have [italic]always[/italic] discussed various aspects of a movie or a TV show within a single thread. That's part of the appeal of DL for me, as there's less discussion overall but it's all in one place.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 211March 17, 2019 10:22 AM

i fell in this love with this show when I saw Molly Shannon's hair in the first minute of the Pilot episode.

by Anonymousreply 212March 17, 2019 11:55 AM

I like that they're using Molly Shannon sparingly.

by Anonymousreply 213March 17, 2019 2:26 PM

This week's episode was boring and lacking in comedy. I don't care if Cary is a rice queen. The molly subplot was lame too.

by Anonymousreply 214March 18, 2019 1:58 AM

love this show

by Anonymousreply 215March 19, 2019 2:36 AM

Best new show of 2019

by Anonymousreply 216March 19, 2019 2:53 AM

Good Trouble is best new show

by Anonymousreply 217March 19, 2019 3:52 AM

R202/R203 he also does occasional standup appearances on Seth Meyers and The Tonight Show.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 218March 19, 2019 4:00 AM

Julio Torres wrote the SNL skit "Wells for Boys".

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 219March 19, 2019 4:00 AM

I'm becoming obsessed with Drew Tarver. He is so cute. I started watching his skits with UCB on YouTube. Some of them are pretty good.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 220March 19, 2019 4:24 AM

Did Drew's thread get deleted?

by Anonymousreply 221March 19, 2019 4:31 AM

Never mind, I found it

by Anonymousreply 222March 19, 2019 4:32 AM

OK, after the post-show bit on Comedy Central's website I am totally in love with Alex Segarra. What a doll.

by Anonymousreply 223March 19, 2019 3:18 PM

Oh yeah?

by Anonymousreply 224March 19, 2019 3:23 PM

I think it's Josh Segarra. And he's so beautiful and magnetic, I can't keep my eyes off him when he's on screen.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 225March 19, 2019 3:24 PM

I first thought Josh Segarra was full-on Blatino. He's Puerto Rican, European Spanish Dominant. He's a chamelon!

by Anonymousreply 226March 19, 2019 3:31 PM

Google Images reveals Josh's beautiful and suprising BLUE eyes.

by Anonymousreply 227March 19, 2019 3:33 PM

He was on a show called Sirens a few years back and the running joke was that he was fantastically well-endowed. Nice hairy chest.

by Anonymousreply 228March 19, 2019 3:34 PM

He needs a thread

by Anonymousreply 229March 19, 2019 3:48 PM

Is the big plot twist that Sweet Dee the 2nd is actually Chase’s mother? In the last episode she said to a mollied-out Molly Shannon, “I’m Chase’s sister, not his mother. Remember?” Did she say that because she was afraid something would slip out of her mouth?

by Anonymousreply 230March 19, 2019 5:18 PM

I doubt she'd forget giving birth and then never wonder why her vagina was ruined. She also doesn't strike me as someone who would be consciously keeping such a secret for so long.

by Anonymousreply 231March 19, 2019 5:22 PM

she was just reminding the mother that she had responsibility for the kid. (my take)

by Anonymousreply 232March 19, 2019 6:37 PM

R230 I thought the plot twist was let slipped that the father was an alcoholic? And that his death must have been related to that.

by Anonymousreply 233March 19, 2019 10:40 PM

YAYYY!! I did not know we have a thread for this. The dead girl sequence is funny AF

by Anonymousreply 234March 20, 2019 7:30 AM

So good, I’m sad there’s only one more episode left.

by Anonymousreply 235March 22, 2019 3:38 AM

Hopefully we won't have to wait a year for season 2.

by Anonymousreply 236March 22, 2019 4:08 AM

That was the big secret that was supposed to change the trajectory of the show?

Pretty underwhelming.

by Anonymousreply 237March 23, 2019 12:06 AM

r237 Agreed, I was very underwhelmed. Shouldn't have been hyped so much. I was losing it whenever the pilot and the co-pilot spoke, though. That was genius.

The opening cum joke made me cringe because the word "cum" is not really used in that context in reporting and just in general. I guess an "et alii" joke would fall flat?

by Anonymousreply 238March 23, 2019 12:13 AM

[quote] Helene York who plays the sister dated Bobby Flay for awhile. I also remember her when she played the barely seen girlfriend of the lesbian lawyer on The Good Fight.

I saw her on an episode of Beat Bobby Flay today (probably a repeat), and she was really funny. She has tons of character and she gave Bobby shit throughout the show.

by Anonymousreply 239March 23, 2019 5:49 AM

I thought the mom's freakout was hilarous sharing the details of her husband's death and how she had to unfreeze his dick from the roof.

by Anonymousreply 240March 23, 2019 8:21 AM

I loved the return of Beck Bennett's flight attendant character.

by Anonymousreply 241March 23, 2019 3:35 PM

I am at episode 8 and I also think they’re heading in a “Chinatown” direction with the sister.

by Anonymousreply 242March 24, 2019 9:10 PM

r240 Those details were hilarious but the fact she was saying that in front of all those kid actors made me cringe so bad I couldn't even look at the screen.

by Anonymousreply 243March 24, 2019 9:23 PM

One of the things I like best about this show are all the cringe-worthy moments, R243 - like when Cary sang Happy Birthday to Chase.

Priceless.

by Anonymousreply 244March 25, 2019 4:51 AM

R241, am I the only one who finds him super sexy?

by Anonymousreply 245March 25, 2019 6:38 PM

There are times on SNL I think so, particularly his Putin impression. R245

by Anonymousreply 246March 25, 2019 6:40 PM

I find the manager rather sexy.

by Anonymousreply 247March 25, 2019 6:42 PM

I thought Beck Bennett looked different in this episode than he did in the pilot, to the extent that I thought she had the two confused and the joke would be that she's such a slut for flight attendants she mixes them up all the time. I found him sexy in the pilot but he looked washed out and a bit sickly here.

by Anonymousreply 248March 25, 2019 6:49 PM

^^^ The lighting on planes does no one any favors.

by Anonymousreply 249March 25, 2019 9:04 PM

A couple of Gold Derby editors are predicting that Molly Shannon will get an Emmy nomination for this show. I doubt it. Comedy Central is one of the networks that gets ignored by Emmy voters and the Academy.

But, I would love it if Molly Shannon or actresses from streaming shows or sitcoms shoved out the SNL women out of the nominations. I'm tired of overrated people like Kate McKinnon and Leslie Jones getting nominated.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 250March 26, 2019 1:30 PM

Shannon was just spectacular in Episode 9.

by Anonymousreply 251March 26, 2019 1:50 PM

Molly Shannon is brilliant. The only other actress who could have pulled off a scene like the "rooftop dick" one is Lily Tomlyn.

by Anonymousreply 252March 26, 2019 4:10 PM

Just hours away from the finale on the east coast, who’s going to be watching? I’m going to miss this, I hope it gets a second season stat!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 253March 28, 2019 10:38 PM

Meh

by Anonymousreply 254March 28, 2019 10:49 PM

r253 The second season has been confirmed and is currently being written, but I doubt they're going to release it sooner than a year from now, if that's what you meant by stat.

by Anonymousreply 255March 28, 2019 11:26 PM

Ugh, it kind of went out on a wimper, not a bang.

by Anonymousreply 256March 29, 2019 4:17 AM

Yeah the ending pretty much reiterates my issues with the season in general, it’s wildly uneven in direction and story. Like they just found out now that the kid can’t sing? That couldn’t have been the running joke all season? It seems they flail wildly with ideas. The show was not quite ready for Primetime, but the creators were SO confident and self congratulatory. Ughh. I won’t be watching Season 2.

by Anonymousreply 257March 29, 2019 11:09 AM

well, that will just free up you time for watching more "reality" programs. i will stick with this show. its funny and touching, and often shoots off in directions that i didn't expect. like the "shoe" man turning her down.

by Anonymousreply 258March 29, 2019 6:04 PM

Sad they just dropped the whole subplot about the roommate

by Anonymousreply 259March 29, 2019 6:27 PM

Yeah that’s bizarre

by Anonymousreply 260March 29, 2019 6:34 PM

Im not sure why you all think that. Cary realized his relationship with the roommate was unhealthy, put an end to it, and moved on. Seems like that part of Cary's emotional development was over.

by Anonymousreply 261March 29, 2019 6:36 PM

he still lives or did with the roommate when the drama teacher came to date him. the reason they went to the loft was because "my roommate" won't want us in my apartment.

by Anonymousreply 262March 29, 2019 6:54 PM

Yeah, the last episode was definitely the weakest one, humour-wise. I don't think I laughed once, actually.

Isn't the teenage actor who plays Chase an aspiring singer in real life? Was he fucking it up on purpose on the show? Didn't sound too bad for me for the most part. Like your average person doing a bland cover on YouTube. Certainly nothing worse than what we hear from established singers whenever their live vocals get isolated.

by Anonymousreply 263March 30, 2019 3:18 AM

No roommate for several episodes, and then the adorable Josh Segarra breaks up with the sister? I don’t like the direction the show is going!

by Anonymousreply 264March 30, 2019 8:41 PM

Wasn't the entire show filmed before the pilot aired?

by Anonymousreply 265March 30, 2019 8:43 PM

Two things. So, nobody knew that he couldn't sing live after all this time? And, they were promoting it as his "live" debut, but hasn't he done concerts or shows before the VMAs, so they just admitted to the world that he normally lip-syncs at his appearances?

by Anonymousreply 266March 30, 2019 9:52 PM

Have you ever heard Miley Cyrus sing live? Worse than a karaoke singer.

by Anonymousreply 267March 30, 2019 9:55 PM

Funny end to a delightful first season

Looking forward to season 2

by Anonymousreply 268March 30, 2019 10:33 PM

I am curious how they can get a second season out of the premise especially since the kid wants to go to college and give up his fame? Without him there's no other two.

by Anonymousreply 269March 31, 2019 1:17 AM

I hate the sister. Why do they have to make her be such a nasty bitch all the time?

by Anonymousreply 270March 31, 2019 1:25 AM

R269 I took the end shot to mean that Molly Shannon’s mom character was going to be a famous talk show host and they would be overshadowed again, The Other Two.

by Anonymousreply 271March 31, 2019 4:55 AM

Just finished watching the finale. Enjoyed it a lot, especially Streeter.

I'm a fan of the show. It's not perfect -- even though it's meant to be a parody of a pop star's life, it has some issues with basic realism (such as the fact that no family members realized Chase couldn't sing before now). That said, I find the premise of exploring the lives of the relatives of a famous person intriguing; I find the jokes funny more often than not; I find the supporting characters hilarious; and I find Drew Tarver massively adorable.

I'll definitely be checking it out when it returns. I don't understand some people on here saying they're giving up after one season. Lots of shows try to find their footing in their first season. Here we have a show with a gay showrunner and gay lead, a rarity on TV, and some people can't stop taking shots at it. Let's give it a chance, huh?

by Anonymousreply 272March 31, 2019 6:58 AM

[quote] I don't understand some people on here saying they're giving up after one season.

It's mostly people who only watch tv shows/movies for the male 'eye candy' and don't care much about the story, jokes etc. Sadly, there's quite a few of them

by Anonymousreply 273March 31, 2019 7:20 AM

Or maybe the show just sucks?

by Anonymousreply 274March 31, 2019 8:35 AM

R273 OR maybe people's lives don't revolve around mediocre TV shows. Sadly, there's quite a few of them.

by Anonymousreply 275March 31, 2019 9:41 AM

Meanwhile, RIP Broad City. But there's no gay white characters played by straight men, so you guys probably don't watch it.

by Anonymousreply 276March 31, 2019 9:43 AM

r276 RIP Broad City, indeed. I stopped posting in that thread a year or so ago because there was simply no interest in it from others. But the last season was outrageously strong, on par with the first one. Most shows only wish they could go out on such a strong note.

I'll watch the second season of this show, of course. Even though I don't like the fact that Josh Segarra might not return one bit.

by Anonymousreply 277March 31, 2019 10:44 AM

One thing I don't get is Chase is 14 and has already been accepted to NYU? Did he finish high school already? Doesn't he still have 3-4 years to go?

by Anonymousreply 278March 31, 2019 12:56 PM

^^^ In an earlier episode the sister learned that Chase had completed high school on Streeter’s phone, which he was shown doing multiple choice test questions on previously.

by Anonymousreply 279March 31, 2019 1:04 PM

I like the show quite a bit, too. Not perfect, but well worth the time invested.

by Anonymousreply 280March 31, 2019 4:02 PM

The best parts of Season 1 to me were when Cary was interacting with his "straight" roommate. So uncomfortable yet sexy, and very funny in an OMG! way.

by Anonymousreply 281April 2, 2019 9:22 PM

Broad city is he funniest show around, R276. Those women are masters of anti-comedy. While I wish I had more seasons to enjoy, it’s going out on a strong note which is the best thing.

by Anonymousreply 282April 2, 2019 9:36 PM

Josh Segarra is not returning for the second season? Why?!

by Anonymousreply 283April 6, 2019 12:11 AM

Hopefully it's because he was cast in another show.

by Anonymousreply 284April 6, 2019 5:36 AM

No one confirmed Josh is leaving. The poster above just suggested he might be leaving because he declined to get back together with the Brooke character in the season finale. Of course, he can always change his mind. Doubt they'll get rid of him; I saw when he guested on the after show and the creators/cast clearly like him a lot.

by Anonymousreply 285April 6, 2019 5:58 AM

He was cast in Rupaul's upcoming Netflix series as his boyfriend R284

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 286April 6, 2019 5:59 AM

Really good show.

by Anonymousreply 287April 6, 2019 12:55 PM

Agree that the final episode was disappointing. Hopefully it will rally and improve again for season 2. Drew is so adorable!

by Anonymousreply 288April 6, 2019 5:43 PM

I was really surprised at how opposite Josh Segarra's personality and demeanor are in real life (as seen on the after-show specifically) than his character.

I'd love to see outtakes and bloopers from this show; they must be hysterical.

by Anonymousreply 289April 8, 2019 2:47 AM

Segara is gay right? When he was on the Comedy Central after show for like the 3rd or 4th episode, he talked about going on a family vacation to Disney World when he was a kid and it was Pride weekend and how he surrounded by all these gorgeous men - could he have telegraphed it any more?

by Anonymousreply 290April 8, 2019 3:12 AM

Was it this video R290?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 291April 8, 2019 3:18 AM

r291 Yes - he is very likeable...

by Anonymousreply 292April 8, 2019 3:41 AM

I'm not saying that Josh Segarra isn't gay, but he is married to a woman with a kid.

by Anonymousreply 293April 8, 2019 3:48 AM

BROAD CITY had one of the best series finales ever.

by Anonymousreply 294April 8, 2019 4:00 AM

No r290. He is a married straight dude with a child.

by Anonymousreply 295April 8, 2019 9:43 AM

Son

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 296April 19, 2019 4:45 PM

The actor who plays Carey was somewhat featured in last night's Brooklyn Nine-Nine. He was a bit dry and robotic; not as funny as he is on The Other Two.

by Anonymousreply 297April 19, 2019 5:27 PM

I am late to the party but just discovered this show. It is so charming and so fucking gay. I fell in love, can't wait for season 2.

I did think it was weird how the roommate plotline was dropped in episode 4(?) and never brought up again though.

by Anonymousreply 298April 23, 2020 4:40 PM

Has season two been delayed due to covid-19?

by Anonymousreply 299April 23, 2020 4:52 PM

Scuttled to HBO Max

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 300August 13, 2020 6:31 PM

R300 - Great news! Comedy Central didn't seem to know what to do with this show and did a terrible job promoting it. It should have gotten as big as Schitt's Creek, but perhaps because of production agreements (just guessing) it didn't make it to streaming services like Hulu or Netflix where it could have built up a bigger audience. Now it might be able to via HBO Max!

by Anonymousreply 301August 14, 2020 7:03 AM

I hope fucking Xfinity and Fire TV can figure out how I can watch HBO Max before this premieres! I know...I can watch it on my computer, but..blech.

by Anonymousreply 302August 15, 2020 12:26 AM

Looks like there'll be plenty of time for that, R302....

[QUOTE]The first seasons of The Other Two and South Side, which aired on Comedy Central last year, will begin streaming on HBO Max in 2021, followed by new seasons to stream exclusively as Max Original series. Both shows, produced by Comedy Central Productions, had been renewed by Comedy Central for a second season but neither new season has aired. (Season 2 for The Other Two is yet to be completed).

by Anonymousreply 303August 15, 2020 6:03 AM

The Other Two (season 1) is FINALLY on HBOMax y'all. Gonna rewatch the shit out of this show. Do we know when season 2 will arrive?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 304April 9, 2021 10:17 PM

R304 Don't think there's been an announced date but it should be sometime later this year.

by Anonymousreply 305April 9, 2021 10:32 PM

Thanks, pal!

by Anonymousreply 306April 9, 2021 11:24 PM

I was wondering about season two just the other day. Good to know.

by Anonymousreply 307April 10, 2021 1:20 AM

Rewatching on HBOMax! It’s really good, and Andrew Ridings is HOT!! I hope he’s in season 2.

by Anonymousreply 308April 10, 2021 1:30 AM

The Andrew Ridings scenes are hilarious because of his passive aggressive latent homosexual advances.

by Anonymousreply 309April 10, 2021 1:33 AM

Which character does he play?

by Anonymousreply 310April 10, 2021 2:45 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!