Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Drew Tarver

Any gossip, he’s adorable

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 102November 30, 2019 11:14 AM

He needs a much better stylist. The hair is awful. And there's not much good to be said about his wardrobe.

by Anonymousreply 1January 13, 2019 1:47 PM

^^Geez. Harsh. I like his low-key look. Besides, with a face that cute you can get away with anything.

He's openly gay -- he mentions coming out in this Vulture interview. So glad he's on our team.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2January 24, 2019 9:42 PM

He parties with Jody Sweetin.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3January 24, 2019 10:38 PM

He's great in The Other Two on Comedy Central. Drew Tarver and Heléne Yorke play the two older siblings of an their Instagram kid brother who is breaking out big and they're hoping to ride the wave in showbiz.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4February 3, 2019 10:05 PM

Insatiable bottom.

by Anonymousreply 5February 3, 2019 10:07 PM

You make it sound like that's a bad thing.

by Anonymousreply 6February 3, 2019 10:18 PM

Love him and hope the show succeeds. Great cast, including the kid's sleazy manager. I jut hope the wonderful Molly Shannon appears more often as Mom.

by Anonymousreply 7February 3, 2019 10:20 PM

Drew is very charming on The Other Two. I hope the show is a success.

by Anonymousreply 8February 9, 2019 12:21 AM

Not gay - bisexual according to a recent reddit AMA and a Slate podcast but he hasn't been very clear about the subject and maybe that is why his sexuality hasn't been featured as a part of the PR rollout for the show. The emphasis has been on the out gay former SNL writer who co-created and writes the show but not so much on Tarver - even in the Advocate advertorial for the show, there was a vague reference to casting gay actors but no specific reference to Tarver. Considering the Advocate wrote an entire article about a straight actor confessing to fooling around one time with a guy in high school as somehow representing a brave new wave of bisexual/fluidity, you know they would have made him the "out male bisexual" posterboy but I get the feeling he isn't all that comfortable with the subject. When I googled his name and bisexual, the only thing that came up was an odd reddit thread claiming that he was engaged to another female UCB comic but the only evidence was an instagram post that I could never find. If he is indeed engaged to a woman, that might explain the mystery.

by Anonymousreply 9February 12, 2019 1:34 AM

I mean it’s 2019, he should be able to self identify any way he wants

But I mean, his gay face is so extreme is actually goes into the category of “gay skull”. I mean when he’s dead and buried and the dig up his skeleton in twenty years, they would be able to tell he’s gay by the shape of his skull. (See also Andrew Rannells.) I respect bisexuals and believe they exist, but this cutiepie looks gay gay gay gay gay. Even his sister looks more like a straight man than he does.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10February 12, 2019 2:35 AM

The gay guy in love with his straight-curious roommate is a hot story, but dumb. After the age of like 23, you should know better. He'll get naked with you, but he's not gonna date you.

by Anonymousreply 11February 12, 2019 5:50 AM

R10 every second ‘gay gay gay’ looking and acting guy I meet these days identifies as bi so who knows. Interesting how he has never really labeled it until now....

by Anonymousreply 12February 12, 2019 6:56 AM

According to some random - I mean very well respected - internet authority, Tarver is engaged to one of his fellow UCB comedians but I think whoever wrote this misunderstood an in-joke among friends. Never heard of Betsy Sodaro but she probably likes her ladies a bit more butch than Drew :)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13February 15, 2019 11:19 PM

r13 I've heard of Betsy Sodaro and there's no fucking way that wasn't a joke.

by Anonymousreply 14February 15, 2019 11:22 PM

After he won some CBS "diversity" award in 2013 for the LGBT category, someone (a DLer perhaps) started a rumor that he was faking it in order to finally breakthrough in Hollywood. He was apparently a ladies man and dated a soap actress for ten years before coming out...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15February 15, 2019 11:26 PM

He was cast in a pilot as a gay character in a spin-off of How I met Your Mother that was never picked up in 2013 - notice the bitchy comments at the end of the article!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16February 15, 2019 11:28 PM

Random reddit shade:

thenewiBall 9 points · 1 day ago I think Joel Kim Booster said something like Drew always plays straight for female casting directors. I hope this line sparks some more stupid drama for this sub

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17February 15, 2019 11:31 PM

I initially decided to try watching The Other Two because of good review for a new show, but Drew's looks and charm became a big plus.

by Anonymousreply 18February 16, 2019 12:04 AM

Oddly enough I thought the show’s approach to the roommate was surprisingly biphobic given our dear Drew’s orientation. But it’s not like he wrote it.

by Anonymousreply 19February 16, 2019 12:09 AM

I found some photos of his heterosexual brother and it just really throws into relief how incredibly gay faced Drew is.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20February 16, 2019 12:19 AM

R18 not being bitchy, but what looks and charm? He is borderline fug and comes across as a stuck up philosophizing queerdo

by Anonymousreply 21February 16, 2019 12:29 AM

R21 That's my opinion and I'm sticking with it. And yes, you are being bitchy.

by Anonymousreply 22February 16, 2019 1:13 AM

R22 oh well, poor taste can’t be helped......

by Anonymousreply 23February 16, 2019 1:55 AM

18 year old Drew with his girlfriend

How could she not know?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24February 16, 2019 7:44 PM

To be fair r24 she allegedly has very bad taste in men (made vague claims to Hoyt from True Blood being abusive)

by Anonymousreply 25February 16, 2019 7:51 PM

r24, he's so adorable in that pic. Looks like a member of a boy band.

by Anonymousreply 26February 16, 2019 8:03 PM

You could just say GAYYYYY R26

by Anonymousreply 27February 16, 2019 8:06 PM

Is he lying about his age? Says dob is Dec 4 1988 but here he is at allegedly age 16 drinking champagne at a party?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28February 16, 2019 8:16 PM

R28, he was probably just drinking champagne at 16.

by Anonymousreply 29February 16, 2019 8:27 PM

Here he is at the opening of a bar in 2007, allegedly at 19.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30February 16, 2019 8:27 PM

He doesn’t look 16.

I’m going to go out on a limb and say he’s at least 35.

by Anonymousreply 31February 16, 2019 8:30 PM

Also the 2005 part is a party hosted by Veuve Cliquot, they probably aren’t going to let a 16 year old kid in there.

He’s 35.

by Anonymousreply 32February 16, 2019 8:31 PM

He strikes me as one of those charismatic shifty people who will do anything to get ahead - probably has more in common with the Brooke character than with Cary.

by Anonymousreply 33February 16, 2019 9:57 PM

R28 wow, good spy. He most defiantly isn’t a 16 year old there! In terms of both his appearance and as others have said, I doubt an event like that would allow a 16 year old there, let alone to be photographed (and named) holding alcohol.

The plot thickens

by Anonymousreply 34February 17, 2019 12:53 AM

R17 - re: the Reddit shade... nothing wrong with flirting with female casting directors to get a role, especially if you identify as bisexual and would actually have some interest in fucking them.

by Anonymousreply 35February 17, 2019 5:38 AM

His sisters were on American Juniors in 2002 and after that the family relocated to New York to get them started on a recording career. He says he moved to New York at 18. The clip of him graduating shown on TOT looked like Georgia. So I’m going to say he graduated in 2002 and was born in 1984.

by Anonymousreply 36February 17, 2019 5:44 AM

R2 No. He's openly bisexual. So how dare they get a bisexual actor to play a gay man, instead of an out and proud gay actor.

Fuck The Other Two.

by Anonymousreply 37February 17, 2019 5:46 AM

R37 Seriously? It has to be gay or nothing? Isn't it enough that he fucks men?

by Anonymousreply 38February 17, 2019 5:48 AM

Or 1983, since sometimes people born in December are allowed to go to the following years’ school group.

by Anonymousreply 39February 17, 2019 5:48 AM

skip a rope

twang twang twang

by Anonymousreply 40February 17, 2019 6:01 AM

R38 I’m not r37 and don’t care even if straight play gay. But we are constantly told how bi isn’t half gay and it’s like it’s own thing and erasure blah blah, then on the flip side being gay isn’t the same. That means just ‘fucking’ men isn’t enough, no.

by Anonymousreply 41February 17, 2019 6:03 AM

R41 especially considering he is a nobody. It’s not like they were getting star power for this role that literally any gay man could have done. I’m sure there are many who would have loved to take he role and probably do a better job.

Also he is fug and is clearly lying about his age, if not a whole host of other things

by Anonymousreply 42February 17, 2019 6:05 AM

Leven Rambin was just shy of her 17th birthday in the bar photo at R30 so...are they both faking their ages? EYE ROLL.

by Anonymousreply 43February 17, 2019 6:08 AM

r42 I had never heard of him prior to this new show but his fans sure do pipe up everywhere I look for The Other Two content. So I wouldn't exactly say he's a nobody.

by Anonymousreply 44February 17, 2019 10:17 AM

Leven is lying about her age, the bitch did not just turn 16 in the photo at R24.

by Anonymousreply 45February 17, 2019 10:44 AM

I wonder if Drew ever hooked up with gay UCBer Mano Agapion. He's the guy in the green stripe shirt.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 46February 20, 2019 8:41 PM

Go away, Mano Agapion.

by Anonymousreply 47February 20, 2019 8:42 PM

Something tells me Drew is probably into black dick. A lot of Southern gay guys are.

by Anonymousreply 48February 20, 2019 9:19 PM

R48 = bi-eraser

by Anonymousreply 49February 20, 2019 9:27 PM

Fine -- the gay half of him is probably into black dick. Hapy?

by Anonymousreply 50February 20, 2019 9:40 PM

Half gay?!!? Half gay?!! I am neither gay or straight you evil biphobic cunt. How dare you reduce my infinite, complex and fluid sexuality into such crass and limiting boxes. Young bi folx literally kill themselves over such rhetoric

by Anonymousreply 51February 20, 2019 9:47 PM

^^"Young bi folx literally kill themselves over such rhetoric"

If they are anywhere near as annoying as you, that's a good thing

by Anonymousreply 52February 20, 2019 9:49 PM

Loved Bajillion Dollar Listing.

by Anonymousreply 53February 20, 2019 10:39 PM

I LOL’d when Drew’s character said he was 28 tonight

Lying 34 year old bitch.

by Anonymousreply 54February 22, 2019 3:03 AM

I chuckled at that too R54

Though it's not unusual for people to play younger

by Anonymousreply 55February 22, 2019 3:12 AM

Those are some thick fingers in the sib photo. Some nice fingering in the future for a lucky guy.

by Anonymousreply 56February 22, 2019 3:19 AM

R56 get better taste, sweetie.

by Anonymousreply 57February 22, 2019 3:40 AM

He was on the Las Culturistas podcast recently, talking about his super religious family back in Georgia.

He sounds like an average straight guy to me, and that's while being in the company of two queens.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 58February 24, 2019 5:01 PM

He sounds like an average gay man to me.

by Anonymousreply 59February 24, 2019 5:08 PM

I'm glad The Other Two has been picked up for a second season. It's hilarious.

by Anonymousreply 60February 24, 2019 5:22 PM

Well his voice first of all is affected because he is a Deep Southerner who is trying to talk without an accent. Matt Bomer, another Southerner, actually sounds similar. It’s a kind of colorless, Midwestern or Canadian inflection. But once they talk Southern, they become Lindsey Graham.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 61February 24, 2019 5:23 PM

He reminds me of a gay Jason Bateman.

by Anonymousreply 62February 24, 2019 5:25 PM

r61 Yeah, that probably explains it.

by Anonymousreply 63February 24, 2019 5:27 PM

He’s more of a gay Adam Scott.

by Anonymousreply 64February 24, 2019 5:31 PM

But Jason Bateman is the gay Jason Bateman...

by Anonymousreply 65February 24, 2019 6:04 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 66February 25, 2019 9:24 PM

r58 is it worth 81 minutes?

by Anonymousreply 67February 25, 2019 11:02 PM

r67 I found it entertaining enough, so it flies by. Then again, I listen to this podcast whenever I recognize the guest they have on, so I'm used to the banter. I do miss Bowen Yang, though.

by Anonymousreply 68February 26, 2019 12:58 PM

[quote]is it worth 81 minutes?

In my world, it's only 76 minutes.

by Anonymousreply 69February 26, 2019 2:15 PM

r68 Did he talk about his coming out process? Was it mainly about the new show or did he get personal? I would assume he would be more forthcoming on a gay podcast but who knows...Also, I noticed they had like three guests related to that show - did they sponsor it or something?

by Anonymousreply 70February 27, 2019 8:18 PM

[quote] Did he talk about his coming out process?

No they never brought it up. He mentions moving to LA with a girlfriend but then refers to himself as a queer actor playing a queer character. He was comfortable joking around about hot guys and gay sex and sensibilities so I assume he’s at least bi. I got the impression his religious upbringing runs deeper than even he might admit so he probably has issues calling himself gay. If his career flops or he starts on some downward spiral I could see him pulling a Justin Owen and renouncing he evil gay past.

by Anonymousreply 71February 27, 2019 8:34 PM

r71 Yeah, I got the same impression. He'll be queer (not even bi as that sounds too sexual) as long as his parents are alive. After that, who knows.

[quote]Also, I noticed they had like three guests related to that show - did they sponsor it or something?

Doubt it's sponsored, they just all know each other from before.

by Anonymousreply 72February 27, 2019 9:30 PM

r73 Thanks - that is the same vibe I've picked up on as he has been doing interviews promoting the series. I didn't even realize he identified as anything other than straight until I read this thread a few weeks ago! I assumed he was just a dorky straight guy and thought it was just a DL rumor that he was gay or bi (there were conflicting accounts on here and a google search revealed the same confusion in the media). I just find it strange that the series isn't using his sexuality as part of the marketing - I'm sure Comedy Central would jumped on that so the resistance must be from him. The contrast with the Chris Kelly the gay co-writer/showrunner is striking - he clearly based the character in part on himself.

I grew up in Georgia in a fundamentalist family so I empathise but I guess I was lucky that I never believed in that jeebus shit - I came out as an atheist before I did gay :)

by Anonymousreply 73February 28, 2019 8:02 AM

In some of his early videos he looks a bit like Johnny Rapid. Hopefully his hole is equally as accommodating

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 74February 28, 2019 9:39 AM

[quote][R22] oh well, poor taste can’t be helped......

Right. That’s what your mom said, but they had you anyway.

by Anonymousreply 75February 28, 2019 10:08 AM

I disagree about the religious upbringing being at the root of it. The vibe I’m getting from him is Darren Criss - who was raised by San Francisco liberals. Charismatic social climbers who will say or do anything to get ahead. Criss and Tarver might be genuinely talented people, but don’t believe a word they say because it’s calculated to make you buy the narrative they want to sell you at the moment.

Let’s take a look at Tarver. A) has shaved four or five years off his age. B) Was being photographed at parties in New York despite being just arrived from Bumfucke, Georgia. C) Very comfortable taking advantage of diversity program as LGTB talent to get his big break despite being only recently out. Calculating, calculating, calculating.

And also take a look at how gay his voice is in the video at R74 as compared to now - even his voice is completely calculated now.

by Anonymousreply 76February 28, 2019 10:24 AM

Which brings me to my next point, the problem his character on The Other Two, which I will call “Michael Tolliver Syndrome.” In which the gay creator of the show is so clearly in love with Cary, and maybe Tarver, that he’s turned the character into such a sweet little gay puppydog which Tarver can inhabit very well. Same thing with Criss on Glee.

by Anonymousreply 77February 28, 2019 10:41 AM

I thought Criss was perfect on Glee as a fairytale Prince Charming.

by Anonymousreply 78February 28, 2019 10:55 AM

[quote]In which the gay creator of the show is so clearly in love with Cary, and maybe Tarver, that he’s turned the character into such a sweet little gay puppydog which Tarver can inhabit very well.

r77 I disagree with this. The Cary character is clearly pulled from Kelly's own past experience, with some retroactive wish fulfillment sprinkled on top. Kelly doesn't really strike me as a narcissist, so I doubt he's in love with the character that's basically a version of himself. Being written lovingly and being in love with the character are two different things. Strongly doubt he's in love with Tarver either. I could buy some of the other stuff you said in r76, though.

r74 Holy shit, he looks exactly like Rapid there!

by Anonymousreply 79February 28, 2019 11:07 AM

And the odd pattern continues - I just got around to watching the last episode about the high school dance. In the post-episode segment, the two writers and actors are joined by Ken Marino and all have anecdotes from the past that involve gayness - Helelene York went to a drama school and joked about all of her dates being closeted guys, Kelley mentioned hooking up with a high school guy who was also in the closet and even straight Marino had a bit about his high school basketball coach giving him an ultimatum (choose the team or that fag play) but nada from Tarver. He looks uncomfortable any time gay stuff is brought up...

Also, disagree about Kelley lusting after Tarver - I think he resents casting him now because of Tarvers obviously has issues around his sexuality. He probably knew him vaguely because they were all UCB alums (not at the same time though) and that got him an audition.

I still like the show - Helene York and Marino are great but Tarver is becoming a distraction.

by Anonymousreply 80February 28, 2019 5:56 PM

While my opinion of Drew Tarver in general is that he is a lying bitch, not everybody is comfortable talking about their sexuality for a broad audience.

by Anonymousreply 81February 28, 2019 6:09 PM

And frankly if Kelley wanted someone who was going to do that he should have just played the role himself.

by Anonymousreply 82February 28, 2019 6:26 PM

Well if you don't feel comfortable discussing your sexuality, don't take a role where you play an out gay man, where the issue is going to come up whether it is fair or not...And arguing in 2019 that asking about an actors sexuality, especially when the actor is playing a gay man, is somehow improper is just homophobic. And if you are a bisexual playing a gay man don't use that soapbox to whine about "biphobia" and "bi-erasure" like he did on Slate's The Gist podcast. He did mention internalized homophobia which should be our focus rather than attacking gays and lesbians from a heterosexually privileged position dating or married to a person of the opposite sex - but don't expect HRC or GLAAD to make that argument!

by Anonymousreply 83March 1, 2019 12:51 AM

Are some of you joking? I know "gay voice" is a triggering term to some but he has that unmistakeable lilt in his speech. It's there plain as day in the Michael Henry sketch.

by Anonymousreply 84March 1, 2019 12:59 AM

Ugh, he has one of those huge navels.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 85March 1, 2019 1:18 AM

At least it draws your eyes from the weird nipple placement, r85

by Anonymousreply 86March 1, 2019 11:07 AM

They actually joked about his nipples on the show.

by Anonymousreply 87March 1, 2019 1:46 PM

His brother got the good nipples in the family.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 88March 1, 2019 1:56 PM

The brother is hot in a white trash sort of way....

by Anonymousreply 89March 1, 2019 10:41 PM

Drew Tarvers real name is Kenneth A. Tarver Jr. and he is 32 years old.

by Anonymousreply 90March 2, 2019 8:38 PM

and......?

by Anonymousreply 91March 2, 2019 9:33 PM

He’s not a day younger than 34.

by Anonymousreply 92March 2, 2019 10:35 PM

Throwback to an old Michael Henry video

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 93March 19, 2019 4:32 AM

Drew looks really cute with his new haircut

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 94April 18, 2019 8:36 PM

Was surprised to see Drew guest starring on Brooklyn 99 tonight.

by Anonymousreply 95April 19, 2019 4:21 AM

R94 I caught that. Drew has done comedy routines with Adam Samberg before such as Comedy Bang Bang.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 96April 21, 2019 12:03 PM

Andy Samberg R96

by Anonymousreply 97April 21, 2019 4:07 PM

Thanks. I thought the name looked funny.

by Anonymousreply 98April 21, 2019 4:38 PM

He has no ass

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 99July 5, 2019 9:53 PM

That jellyfish sting's gotta hurt.

by Anonymousreply 100July 5, 2019 11:54 PM

I'm very much an ass man, but I would not pass up Drew Tarver, he is super cute and very funny.

by Anonymousreply 101July 6, 2019 12:05 AM

Here he's kissing his hot and cold straight flirty roommate on The Other Two.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 102November 30, 2019 11:14 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!