Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Mid-Treason Replacement (The Mueller Investigation Part 76)

Continued Discussion

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 603January 19, 2019 9:51 PM

Link to previous thread for reference:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1January 16, 2019 4:46 AM

Previous thread titles for reference:

First Charges Filed in Mueller Investigation (10/27/17)

First Charges Filed in Mueller Investigation, Part Two (10/28/17)

The Four Treasons: Mueller Investigation, Part 3 (10/31/17)

A Man For All Treasons: Mueller Investigation, Part 4 (11/5/17)

It's Beginning to Look a lot like Treason! The Mueller Investigation Part 5 (12/4/17)

Treason Is The Reason For The Season! The Mueller Investigation Part 6 (12/16/17)

Treason to Believe (The Mueller Investigation Part 7) (12/26/17)

I Love You For Sentimental Treasons (The Mueller Investigation Part 8) (1/3/18)

Give Me One Treason To Stay Here... (The Mueller Investigation Part 9) (1/15/18)

Treasons of Love (The Mueller Investigation Part 10) (1/24/18)

For Treasons Which Are Well Known To Them (The Mueller Investigation Part 11) (1/30/18)

Come on and Treason Down, Treason Down the Road (The Mueller Investigation Part 12) (2/6/18)

13 Treasons Why (The Mueller Investigation Part 13) (2/18/18)

By Treason of Insanity (The Mueller Investigation Part 14) (2/23/18)

The Edge of Treason (The Mueller Investigation Part 15) (2/28/18)

A Treason to Live; A Treason to Die (The Mueller Investigation Part 16)…(3/10/18)

Treasons of the Heart (The Mueller Investigation Part 17) (3/17/18)

A Stormy Treason (The Mueller Investigation Part 18) (3/21/18)

Lovin', Touchin', Treason (The Mueller Investigation Part 19) (3/26/18)

Everything Happens for a Treason (The Mueller Investigation Part 20) (4/4/18)

For All the Right Treasons (The Mueller Investigation Part 21) (4/11/18)

Treasons Change (The Mueller Investigation Part 22) (4/16/18)

Dangerous Tre'asons (The Mueller Investigation Part 23) (4/22/18)

Don't Stop (the) Treason (The Mueller Investigation Part 24) (5/1/18)

Got This Treason in My Body (The Mueller Investigation Part 25) (5/7/18)

I'm Treason on a Jet Plane... (The Mueller Investigation Part 26) (5/14/18)

Treasonnaires' Disease (The Mueller Investigation Part 27) (5/21/18)

You've Lost That Lovin' Treason (The Mueller Investigation Part 28) (6/2/18)

Multiple Treasons Why (The Mueller Investigation Part 29) (6/9/18)

For Undisclosed Treasons (The Mueller Investigation Part 30) (6/18/18)

The Apple Doesn't Fall Far from the Treason (The Mueller Investigation Part 31) (06/23/18)

Treason d'être (The Mueller Investigation Part 32) (06/30/18)

My Treasons Are Not My Own (The Mueller Investigation Part 33) (07/08/18)

The Treasons a Baby Cries (The Mueller Investigation Part 34) (07/13/19)

Get to Know Your Family Treason (The Mueller Investigation Part 35) (07/15/18)

All You Got To Do is Hold Him And Kiss Him and Treason (The Mueller Investigation Part 36) (07/17/18)

Fall or Spring? Which Would / Wouldn't Be Your Favorite Treason? (The Mueller Investigation Part 37) (07/18/18)

It's the Time of the Treason (The Mueller Investigation Part 38) (07/21/18)

My Treasonal Summer Job Abroad (The Mueller Investigation Part 39) (07/25/18)

Yellow is the Color of the Treason (The Mueller Investigation Part 40) (07/27/18)

The Treason for my Life's Trials and Tribulations (The Mueller Investigation Part 41) (07/31/18)

Hunting Treason (The Mueller Investigation Part 42) (08/04/18)

It's Swimsuit Treason (The Mueller Investigation Part 43) (08/07/18)

Treasonably Priced (The Mueller Investigation Part 44) (08/12/18)

Tre45onal Affective Disorder (The Mueller Investigation Part 45) (08/16/18)

A Plea for Treason (The Mueller Investigation Part 46 (08/21/18)

Untreasonably Hot (The Mueller Investigation Part 47) (08/22/18)

There is a Treason... Turn, Turn, Turn (The Mueller Investigation Part 48) (08/24/18)

The Voice of Treason (The Mueller Investigation Part 49) (08/28/18)

by Anonymousreply 2January 16, 2019 4:46 AM

The Golden Age of Treason (The Mueller Investigation Part 50) (09/03/18)

Treasons for Remaining Anonymous (The Mueller Investigation Part 51) (09/08/18)

Hurricane Treason (The Mueller Investigation Part 52) (09/16/18)

All Natural Mushroom Treasoning (The Mueller Investigation Part 53) (09/22/18)

Treasoning with an Alcoholic (The Mueller Investigation Part 54) (09/28/18)

Judicial Treasoning (The Mueller Investigation Part 55) (10/06/18)

Treasons for Hidden Genius (The Mueller Investigation Part 56) (10/15/18)

Trick or Treason (The Mueller Investigation Part 57) (10/25/18)

Several Treasons to Get Out and Vote in the Midterms (The Mueller Investigation Part 58) (11/5/18)

Heading Back to the Magical Keebler Elf Treason (The Mueller Investigation Part 59) (11/11/18)

It's Turkey Picking Treason (The Mueller Investigation Part 60) (November 18, 2018)

Stepping into the Holiday Treason! (The Mueller Investigation Part 61) (November 26, 2018)

Treason's Greetings! (The Mueller Investigation Part 62) (November 29, 2018)

Spirit of the Treason (The Mueller Investigation Part 63) (December 3, 2018)

'Tis the Treason to be Jolly (The Mueller Investigation Part 64) (December 5, 2018)

Celebrate this Holiday Treason (The Mueller Investigation Part 65) (December 8, 2018)

Treasons to Get out of Solitary (The Mueller Investigation Part 66) (December 10, 2018)

Numerous Treasons For Silence (The Mueller Investigation Part 67) December 12, 2018)

Treasons We Celebrate This Season (The Mueller Investigation Part 68) (December 15, 2018)

Trimming the Treason (The Mueller Investigation Part 69) (December 19, 2018)

O Christmas Treason, O Christmas Treason (The Mueller Investigation Part 70) (December 22, 2018)

Treasons We'll Be Ringing in the New Year (The Mueller Investigation Part 71) (December 27, 2018)

Treasons I'm Coming For You (The Mueller Investigation Part 72) (January 3, 2019)

A Shutdown is Perfectly Treasonable (The Mueller Investigation Part 73) (January 6, 2019)

Treasons I'm Focused (The Mueller Investigation Part 74) (January 10, 2019)

Treasons We Need A Wall (The Mueller Investigation Part 75) (January 13, 2019)

Mid-Treason Replacement (The Mueller Investigation Part 76) (January 15, 2019)

by Anonymousreply 3January 16, 2019 4:46 AM

Excellent thread title, OP!

by Anonymousreply 4January 16, 2019 5:01 AM

Love the title.

by Anonymousreply 5January 16, 2019 5:06 AM

Speaking of Jared.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6January 16, 2019 5:07 AM

Perfect title.

by Anonymousreply 7January 16, 2019 5:28 AM

Not sure that Mueller and Barr knowing each other means anything. In politics you don't have any friendships or obligations.

- Howard Baker

by Anonymousreply 8January 16, 2019 5:51 AM

Washington Post opinion piece on Lindsey Graham.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9January 16, 2019 9:59 AM

Mitch prolongs shutdown.

Sides with Trump & Mnuchin to lift sanction on Russia.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10January 16, 2019 10:21 AM

Disgusting. These geriatrics have been in power so long, and have amassed do much wealth and yet, it still isn't enough?

by Anonymousreply 11January 16, 2019 10:47 AM

The nasty republicans.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12January 16, 2019 11:42 AM

Not addressed in the below article, but I've seen messanging that right-wing evangelical organizations from the U.S. are organizing these caravans that first coincided with the 2018 midterm elections, and now for supporting DJT's position on the Wall funding per the shutdown. Alledgedly, some of the travelers, maybe involving a measure of recruitment, from these Central American locales are given compensation from these right-wing groups to participate. There are stories of the groups providing vehicles, drivers, and gas to help finance movements. Obviously, many of the migrants are self-motivated to leave due to poverty, finding jobs, escaping crime and gangs, etc. But mass and timed movements looked structured. This matter needs to be investigated if these manipulated caravans are a timed and financed political tool intended to benefit DJT and his operatives.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13January 16, 2019 11:45 AM

[quote]I will save my judgement until I hear everything.

You can start here with the most recent summary.

-She has formed a close connection to the senator from Vermont and is currently a fellow at the Sanders Institute.

-it is her embrace of authoritarian dictators such as Syria’s Bashar al-Assad, Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi, and Egypt’s Abdel Fattah el-Sisi that is most troubling.

-she was raised as part of a group called the Science of Identity Foundation, led by a man named Chris Butler.

-As Representative Tulsi Gabbard’s aunt, it gives me no pleasure to publicly air my doubts regarding my niece’s political agenda,

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14January 16, 2019 12:13 PM

What is this kid hearing at home?

[quote]P.S. I think Rusha's people are fine. It is the government is the problam.

His mom is Mary Barr Daly, daughter of Attorney General nominee William Barr, who is a federal prosecutor working for deputy attorney general Rod Rosenstein.

His dad, Michael Daly, is a Justice Department lawyer.

The Attorney General is the head of the Justice Department (though is not called the Secretary of Justice).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15January 16, 2019 12:25 PM

The Justice Department is closed in the partial government shutdown.

Leading to, among other things, a Justice Department request to delay the lawsuit over the department being led by acting Attorney General Matthew Whitaker.

The case is brought by Sens. Richard Blumenthal of Connecticut, Sheldon Whitehouse of Rhode Island and Mazie Hirono of Hawaii. They argue Whitaker's appointment violates the Appointments Clause of the Constitution.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16January 16, 2019 12:28 PM

Although the Justice Department is indeed part of the government shutdown, they are making federal criminal prosecutors (and a bare-bones support network) come in to work (without getting paychecks on-time). The civil cases are not considered crucial, so they have been put on hold during the furlough. So, I suspect that the lawsuit against Whitaker will be moot by the time this nonsense is over. Barr will probably be confirmed in the next few weeks. They'll finish the hearing today, and then he has about a week or 10 days to answer written follow-up questions. Committee votes on nominees are on Thursdays. The Dems can delay that a week, perhaps, but I'm not sure why they would. Whitaker is awful -- just in different ways from Barr.

by Anonymousreply 17January 16, 2019 1:02 PM

Love the new title OP!

ummm...Thread related....Barr sucks.

by Anonymousreply 18January 16, 2019 1:12 PM

247sports forum discussing LG related matter.

Server error indicated, but click link should connect to forum discussion..

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19January 16, 2019 2:02 PM

States that hate the federal government the most are the ones that depend on it the most, and are suffering the most in the shutdown.

Idiots.

by Anonymousreply 20January 16, 2019 2:36 PM

The Republican Senators who voted with Schumer to deny the lifting of the Russian Sanctions on Oleg Deripaska's companies, ought to go on strike until McConnell allows a vote to re open the government. This is the most urgent business Congress can do right now. So start making phone calls and please do not stop. We need to bully McConnell into either putting it on the floor for a vote, or face Congress shutting down.

Tulsi Gabbard is a front. She is a divisive extreme conservative who is a bad actor and is not in this Presidential race to do anything other than disrupt and mislead. So put her on ignore. If she does raise money the media better figure out who and how she gets the $$$ and she better not get one fucking vote in any primaries. Same with Bernie. Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice well fuck it.... (quoting W.)

I fully expect a third party challenge from the left too. Be ready for it. Ignore it. The media will hype it to make it seem legitimate. It isn't. And it's an old trick to siphon votes. I hope people realize that a lot of the hacked votes didn't go from Hilary to Trump, most of them went to people like Stein or Johnson, which was a smart way for the bastards to do it.

On the caravans, yes this is the Evangelical Trumpists, but the migrants themselves are innocent dupes. They are exploiting desperate peole and wowo how Christian is that.

by Anonymousreply 21January 16, 2019 2:38 PM

I have to re-post r447 from the previous thread..,it distills Trump’s efforts to make Russia great again:

[quote]The goal is obviously to break the government, to eliminate jobs, to privatise government services so that they can be profited from. Ten years from now, we won’t recognize this country. We’re being merged with Russia.

by Anonymousreply 22January 16, 2019 2:40 PM

I have to re-post r447 from the previous thread..,it distills Trump’s efforts to make Russia great again:

[quote]The goal is obviously to break the government, to eliminate jobs, to privatise government services so that they can be profited from. Ten years from now, we won’t recognize this country. We’re being merged with Russia.

by Anonymousreply 23January 16, 2019 2:40 PM

Can you post it again?

Can you post it again again?

by Anonymousreply 24January 16, 2019 2:42 PM

Thank you for re-posting it R22, because that is exactly what's happening. What we're experiencing with the Republicans in Congress, is the complete agreement of those aligned with the Kochs. Because their goal is to privatize everything and dismantle our government, so this shutdown plays right into their hands. We have to push back. We have no choice. This is it. How long before we will start seeing Trump and his minions announcing plans to hire private contractors to do the work of the furloughed government workers? The people in his cabinet are all part of this conspiracy and we are literally fighting for our lives.

by Anonymousreply 25January 16, 2019 2:53 PM

It was never about a Wall.

by Anonymousreply 26January 16, 2019 2:53 PM

R20...hard to believe there are so-called “patriotic” Americans who are anti-government...

I first encountered these types in the 1980s in Kansas. One guy hated the American government for insisting people wear seatbelts in cars. This was about the same time that “militia men” in isolated parts of Nebraska or Michigan or other places like that were training themselves to fight in case of a government take over of their rights.

These are people who sympathized with the Ruby Ridge, Waco & even OKC characters.

One chick I know from back in she day ...she’s educated but isolated & surrounded by deplorables...she is posting things on FB that are paranoid. Like...she’ll say something and then get an ad targeted to her about that something. She jokes that the fridge or microwave are listening to her.

I bet she can’t accept the truth about Trump & is instead choosing to believe the Deep State Conspiracies. She comes from a very patriarchal background. Never underestimate the power of denial for these types. They can’t let it go. Even if daddy hits mommy & cheats on her...he knows best.

by Anonymousreply 27January 16, 2019 2:59 PM

[quote]hard to believe there are so-called “patriotic” Americans who are anti-government

Their Saint Ronnie pointed the way: "The most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help."

by Anonymousreply 28January 16, 2019 3:07 PM

Some thoughts to pull together:

Michael Cohen is scheduled to testify before the House Oversight Committee on February, 7th.

It was reported a couple of days ago that Mueller may restrict Cohen's testimony on certain aspects of the investigation.

If Spurs & Putty are blackmailing certain individuals in and out of the goverment, Cohen would have knowledge about this. He may have had some role. Think sex (poolboy, kink, etc.) and monetary transactions. Whatever may be true, Mueller knows by now.

The hearing could be explosive. It depends on what Cohen says, or is allowed to say. Spurs and his camp are terrified about this. One may expect some in the House and Senate are also worried.

by Anonymousreply 29January 16, 2019 3:11 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30January 16, 2019 4:04 PM

Nancy is trolling the fuck out of him. I love her.

by Anonymousreply 31January 16, 2019 4:06 PM

One of the best thread titles EVAH, OP. Congrats.

Pence is looking quite the idiot today claiming that “the caliphate has crumbled and ISIS has been defeated” after reports came in that American soldiers have been killed in Syria by...ISIS.

by Anonymousreply 32January 16, 2019 4:11 PM

It's too bad those good men and women, serving their country with honor and probably without pay, had to pay the ultimate price so some fucking fake evangelical asshole looks like what he truly is.

by Anonymousreply 33January 16, 2019 4:13 PM

I love Nancy P., too.

by Anonymousreply 34January 16, 2019 4:16 PM

[quote]Their Saint Ronnie pointed the way: "The most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help."

And yet worship a very specific set of government: "the generals," thank-you-for-your-service military folks, policeman, firemen.

BATF, IRS, TSA, teachers? Fuck those leaching scum and their luxury fringe benefits!!!

I always feel badly for children raised in split-personality homes like these. Fuck the gub'mint; gimme my handout. Pray to Baby Jesus; let's go bash the faggots and Mescins.

And I know many posters here still maintain remnants of early warped worldviews like this. It colors your comments, I feel sorry for you, but let it go.

by Anonymousreply 35January 16, 2019 4:16 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36January 16, 2019 5:54 PM

Trump can intimidate and bully and get his way with so many. Not with Nancy Pelosi. Her State of the Union message was a clever pre-emptive move to zing Trump.

by Anonymousreply 37January 16, 2019 6:14 PM

True r35.

“Border patrol” is another deplorable wet dream job.

by Anonymousreply 38January 16, 2019 6:26 PM

Poor Junior Mint, must feel frightened by YouTube videos of Maxine Waters and David Hogg.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39January 16, 2019 6:27 PM

That sofa in OP's picture is HIDEOUS.

by Anonymousreply 40January 16, 2019 6:28 PM

^Obviously, no one consulted with Miss Lindsey in selecting that sofa.

by Anonymousreply 41January 16, 2019 6:31 PM

Isn't that Lindsey's office?

by Anonymousreply 42January 16, 2019 6:35 PM

r40, do not blame the sofa for the shit-stains on it...

by Anonymousreply 43January 16, 2019 6:58 PM

Thanks for the chuckle, R43. And thanks OP, both new and old for the threads.

by Anonymousreply 44January 16, 2019 7:12 PM

AND....of course the GOP blocked the effort to keep sanctions in place for Derapaska.

by Anonymousreply 45January 16, 2019 7:20 PM

NY TImes' Ken Vogel:

In a twist emblematic of the TRUMP era, Dems & 11 GOP defectors today voted in line with the traditional REPUBLICAN hardline vs Russia.

Meanwhile, most Republicans sided with the TRUMP administration to ease sanctions against Kremlin-allied companies.

by Anonymousreply 46January 16, 2019 7:30 PM

Notable Russian skeptics/hawks Lindsay Graham, Rob Portman and Mitt Romney voted to back the TRUMP administration's move to lift sanctions against Oleg Deripaska's companies.

by Anonymousreply 47January 16, 2019 7:33 PM

rob Portman is as useless as tits on a nun

by Anonymousreply 48January 16, 2019 7:46 PM

How can any of them justify voting to lift the sanctions?!

This is at the very heart of the Trump/Russia investigation. These assholes MUST explain themselves.

Also, I hate to be that guy, but R35:

[quote]I always feel badly for children raised in split-personality homes like these.

You feel bad, not badly.

by Anonymousreply 49January 16, 2019 7:48 PM

The Deriposka vote shows that there are 42 Republican Senators that fear Trump and/or received Russher oligarch funds for their political PACs. Some, have that kompromat going on.

by Anonymousreply 50January 16, 2019 7:59 PM

What was the breakdown of the vote, R v D?

by Anonymousreply 51January 16, 2019 8:01 PM

Im most shocked about Burr not voting to keep sanctions....especially since he is head of the Senate IC and KNOWS whats up.....then I have to remind myself, that no matter how bipartisan he tries to project himself, he WAS a member of Trumps transition team.

by Anonymousreply 52January 16, 2019 8:02 PM

One interesting point is that the usually deplorable Tom Cotton was one of the 11 Senators who broke ranks, but then he's an obsessive hawk.

by Anonymousreply 53January 16, 2019 8:05 PM

Ah, I didn’t realize the vote to rebuke the Mnuchin-drafted sanctions lift required 60 votes and that’s why it failed. I was so confused. “If 11 GOP Senators joined with democrats, how did it fail?” No one mentioned it needed 60 votes but I found an article on Politico. This story isn’t getting much coverage.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 54January 16, 2019 8:07 PM

Saw this posted in one of the groups I follow.

Basically, McCarthy had the nerve to call what Nancy did, "unbecoming."

Please remind them that it's unbecoming of a Majority Leader to hold the Nation hostage by refusing to allow votes on the floor (as McConnell has done for years) and that it's also unbecoming to rip children from their families and keep them in cages and well... it's probably also unbecoming to continue supporting someone you have been caught on tape suggesting has been receiving Russian money.

The hypocrisy is unbelievable and yet totally believable.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 55January 16, 2019 8:10 PM

There’s a new NYT story from Peter Baker highlighting five times Trump met with Putin.

After one, he called the NYT on a flight from Germany to tell them “Putin said Russia didn’t interfere.” He insisted to them Russia didn’t do it. He asked that most of the phone call be off the record but he later echoed some of the same talking points later.

Can’t find the article online but they’re discussing on Nicolle Wallace now with Jeremy Bash and Chuck Rosenberg.

by Anonymousreply 56January 16, 2019 8:10 PM

R51, the 11 votes were sufficient to get the legislation out of committee but not enough to pass it. Schumer thought he could snag a few more votes, but I assume McConnell made enough threats to keep them in line.

Still, any fissure in the GOP is interesting.

by Anonymousreply 57January 16, 2019 8:12 PM

To the previous thread's "JFK pardoned...." troll:

Wrong again, moron. The very Wikipedia link you posted states that Pres. Kennedy ordered Kawakita released from prison aftercare decade and DEPORTED to Japan, forever barred, even including being allowed to visit his parents' graves. No pardon involved.

by Anonymousreply 58January 16, 2019 8:18 PM

God, Jeremy Bash is gorgeous. It needs to be said again and again. Not from the side, and not from the neck down, but straight-on, he is an Adonis.

by Anonymousreply 59January 16, 2019 8:19 PM

"after a decade...."

by Anonymousreply 60January 16, 2019 8:19 PM

R59, I hope you're not joking, because I think Jeremy is cute as a button! He mustn't revert to his not-hot fuller-faced younger self!

by Anonymousreply 61January 16, 2019 8:23 PM

I wasn’t joking R61. I’ve had the hots for him since the first time I saw him. He’s SMOLDERING. I just wish he would join social media. He’s famously not on any platforms.

by Anonymousreply 62January 16, 2019 8:32 PM

R52 - Of all US politicians, Burr has received the most money from (Russia) NRA.

by Anonymousreply 63January 16, 2019 8:35 PM

THIS guy? Really? Wow you must be blind.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 64January 16, 2019 8:39 PM

They already had the real vote on the Deripaska sanctions? What happened?

by Anonymousreply 65January 16, 2019 8:39 PM

Whoa. Guess who owns the GOP. Dear god.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 66January 16, 2019 8:40 PM

Nice, Karen.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 67January 16, 2019 8:41 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 68January 16, 2019 9:02 PM

LOL @ R68.

Yes, R64, we’re serious. Have you never watched him on MSNBC? He’s very handsome and intelligent. Chief Of Staff at CIA. His face is perfectly symmetrical. You think his hairline or his few extra lbs mean he can’t be found attractive?

Speaking of, John McLaughlin is on with Chuck todd now talking about Trump/Putin.

by Anonymousreply 69January 16, 2019 9:06 PM

[quote]Speaking of, John McLaughlin is on with Chuck todd now talking about Trump/Putin.

By this, I meant John McLaughlin is also ex-CIA. Sorry for the awkward transition.

by Anonymousreply 70January 16, 2019 9:07 PM

Yeah, whatevs r59, he ain't got that thic King dick

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 71January 16, 2019 9:12 PM

The one Senator who missed voting on the effort to prevent the Trump administration from lifting sanctions on the Deripaska company: Guess?

Bernie Sanders

He claimed he was meeting with women who were harrassed by his campaign staff. Couldn't he have worked around that to go vote on this matter?

Sanders has a record of opposing sanctions on Russia. Was he avoiding going on record in this particular matter?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 72January 16, 2019 9:20 PM

Because Bernie Sanders is still working for Putin. Fucking traitor. He better not show up at the Democratic primary.

by Anonymousreply 73January 16, 2019 9:25 PM

This article lists the 11 Republican Senators who broke with Trump/Putty/Mnuchin/McConnell and opposed lifting sanctions on the Russian oligarch.

Romney of course, says one thing and does another.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 74January 16, 2019 9:31 PM

R59: ITA! When he is on the screen, I am mesmerized. WTF was Dana Bash thinking by leaving him?!

by Anonymousreply 75January 16, 2019 9:33 PM

Fucking Bernie. I will NOT let the Bernie Bros on FB make excuses for this.

by Anonymousreply 76January 16, 2019 9:33 PM

Romney! The guy who got laughed off the stage in a presidential debate suggesting Russia was our worst enemy (for which he was accidentially correct) goes and votes like a turkey for Christmas.

by Anonymousreply 77January 16, 2019 9:35 PM

[quote]He claimed he was meeting with women who were harrassed by his campaign staff. Couldn't he have worked around that to go vote on this matter?

Those buildings run on the bells. When it's time to go vote, Members move and other activity ceases. They have armies of people who get them there, on time and without distraction or interruption. That is the people's business.

If I lived in Vermont, I'd be emailing and on the phone until I got a satisfactory answer about how and why ONE of my Senators was not representing my interests.

(If told he was meeting on a 2016 presidential campaign issue, I'd also want to know why that business is being conducted in a Vermont Senator's office on Vermont citizens' time and dime.)

[quote]Was he avoiding going on record in this particular matter?

Sure looks that way.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 78January 16, 2019 9:37 PM

Dana Bash was married to John King (CNN) and Jeremy Bash. Big difference.

by Anonymousreply 79January 16, 2019 9:40 PM

R79: Jeremy worshipped her (don't know why) and John dumped her. Big diff. there too!

by Anonymousreply 80January 16, 2019 9:44 PM

From Evan Wolfson.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 81January 16, 2019 9:49 PM

Remember, Jeremy used to be "chunky".

by Anonymousreply 82January 16, 2019 9:50 PM

Fuck Bernie for this. I now believe he is a plant like Stein.

by Anonymousreply 83January 16, 2019 10:00 PM

Fake editions of Washington Post falsely claim Trump steps down

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 84January 16, 2019 10:03 PM

I don't believe he was ever knowingly a plant. A large number of his followers were and are useful idiots.

by Anonymousreply 85January 16, 2019 10:04 PM

You just know that the minute Trump gets impeached, every headline on every medium worldwide will read "YOU'RE FIRED"....He might stroke out at that point.

by Anonymousreply 86January 16, 2019 10:06 PM

R83 May 2019? Wouldnt it be great if those paper time traveled to us? Or a glitch in the Matrix gave us something we aren't supposed to see until May?

by Anonymousreply 87January 16, 2019 10:07 PM

That was meant for R84.

by Anonymousreply 88January 16, 2019 10:08 PM

Are the GOP senators voting with Dems on Russia sanctions either those up for reelection in purple / Dem leaning states, some hardline hawks or maybe ppl who're not going to run for re-election.

Those who voted to lift sanctions are probably the Trumpists, those who get Russian money / have related business interests, and those who want to avoid being primaried by the ultra-deplorables in 2020. And fucking hypocrite Mittens.

by Anonymousreply 89January 16, 2019 10:09 PM

How did Romney vote?

by Anonymousreply 90January 16, 2019 10:10 PM

r90....to lift

by Anonymousreply 91January 16, 2019 10:12 PM

r91, did he spit or swallow?

by Anonymousreply 92January 16, 2019 10:17 PM

Disgusted by sanders and Romney but not the least bit surprised. Bernie is only for Bernie and Romney is a big talking pussy.

by Anonymousreply 93January 16, 2019 10:26 PM

Sooooooo wow. Only 4 voted to actually lift sanctions, then. Who were the 4?

Pres Bone Spurs is really true sociopathic scum bag.

Should I be shocked at Bernie? Has he ever been held accountable for his seemingly pro-Russian votes?

by Anonymousreply 94January 16, 2019 10:26 PM

This article might hold the REAL reason Romney sides with Russia.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 95January 16, 2019 10:29 PM

^^^Good catch

by Anonymousreply 96January 16, 2019 11:00 PM

Boris & Foka

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 97January 16, 2019 11:06 PM

OK. I have read and heard and seen ad nauseam all the pundits, members of Congress, and TV reporters asserting that there is NO BORDER CRISIS, that Trump is lying and that the numbers he and his HS Secretary are quoting are fabricated, false, a lie. I have heard them talking about the fact there is unspent money sitting in the DHS for two years unspent for border security. I have listened to the Democrats talk about border security measures that are more effective and less costly and clearly demonstrate that Trump's assertion that Democrats don't care about security is false. In spite of all of that, Trump has decided to shut down the government and he has inflicted great harm on the American people and even the rate of economic growth. Not to mention the more than 800,000 including the Coast Guard, the TSA, and even the Border Patrol. So since he is lying to Congress and the American people, and falsifying the facts, and he has misused his authority in shutting down the government, WTF can't they start impeachment proceedings? This is grounds for impeachment. I am tired of all the talk about Trump's latest outrage. Let's DO something.

by Anonymousreply 98January 16, 2019 11:08 PM

How is it legal that many of these people are working without being paid - even if they will be paid at some point in the future?

by Anonymousreply 99January 16, 2019 11:19 PM

r98, Talk to Nancy Pelosi then because impeachment begins in the House.

by Anonymousreply 100January 16, 2019 11:21 PM

Impeachment is futile with the R Senate.

by Anonymousreply 101January 16, 2019 11:34 PM

Jill Stein's people have been curiously updating her Facebook page to distance herself from some ultra-racist, white supremacist Green News Network. It wouldn't surprise me if this was just more from the Russian playbook she was given. She also says she should not trust voting machines - but only after the last election go round.

by Anonymousreply 102January 16, 2019 11:36 PM

I imagine the biggest factor in breaking Trump on this standoff will be his addiction to rallies. There has to be huge security concerns about any public events during shutdowns and it’s been soooooo long for him going without a fill-up of his bottomless love tank...

by Anonymousreply 103January 16, 2019 11:38 PM

How on earth did I not know this ?......It explains A LOT.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 104January 16, 2019 11:38 PM

Trump’s lawyer Rudy Giuliani has told people privately that he expects Robert Mueller to deliver the first installment of his report, dealing with obstruction of justice, “within the month."

Giuliani, of course, has been wrong before about Mueller’s timing. This time, however, Giuliani’s forecast about Mueller’s next move seems to be driven by his fears that the report will be “horrific” for Trump. According to a source, Giuliani recently told a close associate that he’s “very worried about the report.” The mounting pressure has also strained Giuliani’s relationship with Trump. “Rudy hates the job,” a Republican briefed on Giuliani’s thinking told me. “Trump is very hard to deal with.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 105January 16, 2019 11:39 PM

R105: LOL, WTF did Rudy expect? Good, Fuck him.

by Anonymousreply 106January 16, 2019 11:42 PM

With the recent filings in the Manafort case, I think we inadvertently learned how Pence figures in to all this.

Manafort had a man on the inside of Trumps administration who he was passing info and appointment recommendations through to Trump.

I always assumed it was Gates, but it very well could be Pence. Manafort brought Pence into the campaign with no reason as to why. What if Pence was to be the backup in case Trump failed at his mission ? They would always have a man on the inside who has Trumps ear whether Manafort and/or Gates were still there or not.

by Anonymousreply 107January 16, 2019 11:44 PM

There was a Daily Beast article in 2016 reporting that Manafort was in regular touch with Pence and providing input into the new administration.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 108January 16, 2019 11:52 PM

Rudy deserves a job like this. Lying, senile troll working for angry, lying, kompromised senile troll.

by Anonymousreply 109January 16, 2019 11:52 PM

Im starting to understand why Mueller hasnt interviewed Pence yet....hes a target.

by Anonymousreply 110January 16, 2019 11:55 PM

Uh, R104, look up who McConnell's wife is. It'll blow your mind!

by Anonymousreply 111January 16, 2019 11:58 PM

Funny that Pence was the Back Channel...

by Anonymousreply 112January 16, 2019 11:59 PM

Tick-tock, motherfuckers.

by Anonymousreply 113January 17, 2019 12:00 AM

Rudy probably doubly hates his job because you know Bone Spurs isn't paying him.

by Anonymousreply 114January 17, 2019 12:02 AM

r104...I knew about Chao....I didnt know about the BIL.

by Anonymousreply 115January 17, 2019 12:04 AM

R105, etc. I'm betting this is the beginning of Rudy discreetly distancing himself from Trump. He knows he is going down, wants to jump ship.

by Anonymousreply 116January 17, 2019 12:05 AM

I am conflicted. On the one hand I would kill to be a fly on the wall to watch Trump go nuts every time Pelosi or some media type pisses him off. He probably goes apeshit. OTOH, If I was in the WH, I would be hiding in a closet or under a desk, because no way would I want to catch the full brunt of his tantrums. He probably gets violent, throws shit knocks shit down, and if Melania is in range I betcha he kicks her ass.

by Anonymousreply 117January 17, 2019 12:08 AM

Does Dotard have a nickname for Nancy? Odd that I haven't seen one? Or at least recently?

by Anonymousreply 118January 17, 2019 12:17 AM

There was a Republican Congressman interviewed by Wolf Blitzer earlier saying he supports having the full Mueller report released so the public could see it. I missed his name. Then he said (paraphrasing) that he heard through various channels of casual contact to expect a "whimper". He spoke as if to expect Mueller will be bland and deliver a mundane report.

Whether this is hopeful commentary, or some kind of preparation for Congressmen not to expect profound findings, is unclear.

On the other hand, there are those anticipating strongly negative findings about DJT and cohorts, with devastating details concerning all the shady characters who will face indictments.

The expectations among politicians and media talking heads certainly have opposite tracks in messaging.

by Anonymousreply 119January 17, 2019 12:19 AM

If I recall right, a week ago CNN was reporting on the oddity of Trump *not* having a nickname for Nancy, R118. He clearly respects or at least fears her on some level.

by Anonymousreply 120January 17, 2019 12:24 AM

Pelosi has put the fear of god into that traitorous Fuck. And I am very glad.

that's ironic, isn't it, r112? Back door pence.

by Anonymousreply 121January 17, 2019 12:28 AM

Mother doesn’t like it when I put things in my back channel.

by Anonymousreply 122January 17, 2019 12:32 AM

Nancy Pelosi is the bane of Trump's existence. It makes me sleep better.

by Anonymousreply 123January 17, 2019 12:33 AM

I’m dead, r122.

by Anonymousreply 124January 17, 2019 12:41 AM

So McConnell keeping the GOP members in line - does Turtle play the Kompromat game too?

Are the closets of the 11 defectors skeleton-free?

by Anonymousreply 125January 17, 2019 12:44 AM

I didn't think he had a nickname for her and after today, I think I might know why.

Dotard's whole life has been spent getting away with whatever he's wanted to do. No consequences.

How did Nancy treat him today? Like a mother who knows how to deal with a petulant child.

He's like one of those insane fucking kids with no boundaries who in reality wants boundaries.

I bet he simultaneously hates Nancy and respects her --- or at least gets off on the discipline.

by Anonymousreply 126January 17, 2019 12:48 AM

turtle is probably in Russia's pocket AND he is also terrified of being primaried from the right.

He knows he has the bites to override the veto but he has decided not to do anything since the only choice he has is going to piss fat Donnie off. So he does nothing.

For what ever reason, this human slime thinks he is going to live to be reelected in 2020 and win.

by Anonymousreply 127January 17, 2019 1:02 AM

Ahhhh, love it...

Today, in an interview with CNN’s Anderson Cooper, Jerry Nadler - Chairman of the U.S. House Judiciary Committee said no matter how hard anyone tries to suppress the Mueller report from going public, it’s going to be made public. Period. The House will subpoena the report, and summon Robert Mueller to testify.

Yeah, you fat fucking candy-Barr, Nadler is talking about YOU!

by Anonymousreply 128January 17, 2019 1:09 AM

Giuliani is on Cuomo right now (CNN,). He's again attacking Steele Dossier and F-B-I. Good grief he's irritating.

by Anonymousreply 129January 17, 2019 1:14 AM

R129

I would love to watch the carnage between Cuomo and Giuliani, but quite frankly I can barely handle one of those two personalities, let alone the both of them at the same time.

R128

by Anonymousreply 130January 17, 2019 1:18 AM

S. E. Cupp was on Cuomo as well. They keep bringing in all these Republicans, some as regulars. Then Trump calls them fake news, bans their reporters, etc. What is CNN trying to do? Some matters "both sides" are not equivalent arguments.

by Anonymousreply 131January 17, 2019 1:39 AM

[quote]Rudy probably doubly hates his job because you know Bone Spurs isn't paying him.

You probably don't remember . . . who's working for Trump for free. Always a good idea!

by Anonymousreply 132January 17, 2019 1:51 AM

[quote]S. E. Cupp

That shit-flavored chunky fluffernutter. She has been wrong about everything for as long as she's been given a microphone. She simultaneously said Pelosi is scared of Trump and that the SOTU thing is a big mistake.

by Anonymousreply 133January 17, 2019 1:54 AM

Guiliani now claims he never said there was no collusion.....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 134January 17, 2019 2:01 AM

Trump is afraid of those with power. This is why he's afraid of Pelosi and Cortez. Cortez's family has money and I'll bet they are connected. He has said Nothing about Cortez who has said some pretty bad things about him.

by Anonymousreply 135January 17, 2019 2:02 AM

The report may be more of a summary and a warning, definitely some criticism of Congress for their lack of oversight, and chastising the President and his collaborators, and even going so far as to say Congress has been derelict and that he found gross negligence. Maybe even criminal negligence. He may even list the Laws and the rules that were ignored. He may define the entire period beginning in 2016 campaign season as one of the lowest and most dangerous points in our history. But if you want a juicy condemnation we might not get it in the way we hope for. That's why reading the court filings and the indictments and sentencing documents is important. He is going to "report" all we hope for in those. The final report may be nothing more than technical summary. The one thing I am really bothered by is the reports I've read that Barr insists a POTUS cannot be indicted. Because if he blocks Mueller from indicting the President, then I want his lard ass hung over a hot fire.

by Anonymousreply 136January 17, 2019 2:03 AM

Giuliani is about to stroke out on TV, Jesus.

by Anonymousreply 137January 17, 2019 2:08 AM

Pelosi says you can indict trump. Barr is AG, not the Supreme Court. I put my money on mueller indicting people. Remember also, NY AG is going to burn trump and there is nothing the Feds can do about it.

by Anonymousreply 138January 17, 2019 2:09 AM

^^^^^^^^^ Yes! Go NY Feds!

by Anonymousreply 139January 17, 2019 2:10 AM

No, dear, at R139, I think we mean The state of NY's attorney general.

Trump is good at getting other people to pay his bills. We sit here talking about Giuliani is unpaid, but Giuliani has Russian clients. He's making big money on "security" projects internationally. The Extreme Right Neo Fascists take care of their own.

by Anonymousreply 140January 17, 2019 2:21 AM

By can block Mueller from indicting Trump and insist it does not rise to the level of criminal wrong-doing. I do believe that there is a stipulation in the regulations governing the SC, that requires Barr to notify Congress if there is a difference of opinion.

by Anonymousreply 141January 17, 2019 2:23 AM

I meant "Barr can block Mueller..."

by Anonymousreply 142January 17, 2019 2:23 AM

R133 I was flabbergasted when I recently learned that the bird-like looking repug, SE Cupp has a one hour show on CNN no less!!! Saturdays @ 6pm

I was like, wtf? So, I tuned in to her middle of the road show. I don’t know where she stands politically anymore.

by Anonymousreply 143January 17, 2019 2:27 AM

I'm starting to like this chick.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 144January 17, 2019 2:52 AM

Mitch is busy working for Russia!

by Anonymousreply 145January 17, 2019 2:54 AM

It was Mitch's turn today to fluff Oleg Derapaska.

by Anonymousreply 146January 17, 2019 2:59 AM

When it comes to member of Congress, it's not all about Russia. Trump is so limited in his attention span and so totally corrupt, that as long as they cater to his whims, they can pretty much do what they want in terms of corrupt interests, money, deals, etc. he has made it possible for them to believe they can do anything they want, just like Donald. A true inspiration.

by Anonymousreply 147January 17, 2019 3:00 AM

R144 = A0C

by Anonymousreply 148January 17, 2019 3:04 AM

The question of indicting a president is not law. It is justice department policy. Pelosi and others have said you can indict. Barr can say whatever he wants regarding policy. He cannot decide the law. I believe the Supreme Court would have to. And is the Supreme Court going to rule a president is beyond the reach of the law? Chief Justice Roberts has already said the courts are free and independent. 9 justices. Maybe gorsuch and kavanaugh side with trump, no way do the other 7 violate the concept of equal before the law.

by Anonymousreply 149January 17, 2019 3:07 AM

Unless those arguing that a president can't be indicted agree that Trump could throw Melania off the balcony in front of cameras and then watch her die and still not be indicted, then they are disingenuous.

by Anonymousreply 150January 17, 2019 3:14 AM

It's infuriating that we won't see the Mueller report.

by Anonymousreply 151January 17, 2019 3:14 AM

AOC has been trolling the Repukes pretty hard -- and has been incredibly effective at it. She has shut down some of these sleazebags. I'm not all in for everything she says or does, but she is doing a damn good job so far getting under the Rethugs' skin.

by Anonymousreply 152January 17, 2019 3:14 AM

[quote]It's infuriating that we won't see the Mueller report.

I'm not so sure. There are a large number of Dems in Congress who are determined to get the information out there.

by Anonymousreply 153January 17, 2019 3:16 AM

R151 - Read R128 response. Not to worry. We will see this report.

by Anonymousreply 154January 17, 2019 3:18 AM

I keep picturing that scene in RoboCop when the chairman of the board fires the CEO and RoboCop says "Thank you." and shoots the motherfucker out the high-rise window because once he was fired he was no longer protected by the programming that said RoboCop couldn't harm any employees of the corporation.

by Anonymousreply 155January 17, 2019 3:20 AM

R148 = Mitch McTurtle

by Anonymousreply 156January 17, 2019 3:20 AM

Streisand 2020

by Anonymousreply 157January 17, 2019 3:23 AM

Gillebrand sounded ok on Rachel tonight..

by Anonymousreply 158January 17, 2019 4:27 AM

Kirsten dear at R58, go away. You're a non-starter and frankly a waste of time, pixels, and ink on ballots.

by Anonymousreply 159January 17, 2019 4:32 AM

I think the Democrats are purposefully flooding the field with female candidates, even the ones that don't have a chance, in order to, ironically, make it less of a focus. One woman on the stage with a bunch of men stands out. Five men and five women on stage is just ten people on the stage.

by Anonymousreply 160January 17, 2019 5:19 AM

I was half asleep when Gillibrand came on Rachel, but omg her voice. I'd never heard it before. It's the worst, she sounds like Meghan Mc Cain. She also has a "can I speak to your manager?"tone, but seemed to be kissing up to Rachel and turned up the fake nice.

by Anonymousreply 161January 17, 2019 6:04 AM

Only 2-3 posts in this thread so far about Fruity Ghouliani’s MAJOR admission tonight on CNN? He’s basically come out and said YES there was collusion during the campaign.

Which means that destroys the “it’s all a witch hunt!” narrative, it justifies the warrant granted by FISA court and destroys that talking point, and it means there are indictments coming that will show collusion at the top of the campaign.

Good god, wake up, DL!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 162January 17, 2019 6:16 AM

Mimi Rocah:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 163January 17, 2019 6:17 AM

WaPo covers Rudy’s collusion confusion:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 164January 17, 2019 6:19 AM

Congressman Ted Lieu:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 165January 17, 2019 6:21 AM

More coverage from Ron Reiner’s Investigate Russia:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 166January 17, 2019 6:25 AM

Matt Miller speculates more shocking news is coming soon:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 167January 17, 2019 6:28 AM

DL fave Joy Reid raises an eyebrow:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 168January 17, 2019 6:30 AM

What's Matt Miller hinting at?

by Anonymousreply 169January 17, 2019 6:32 AM

I’m hoping indictment of junior, R169.

by Anonymousreply 170January 17, 2019 7:00 AM

Marsha Warfield:

[quote]SOTU

[quote]Trump: "I'm still president!"

[quote]Nation: "Ah, fuck!"

[quote]The End

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 171January 17, 2019 10:52 AM

Remember this?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 172January 17, 2019 11:01 AM

R148.

by Anonymousreply 173January 17, 2019 11:31 AM

This is a must read. He summarizes the problem very clearly. I get so damned frustrated at the wishful thinking and obtuseness of Democrats sometimes. It's like they are always hearing what they want to hear and hoping for the best. Never bring a knife to a gun fight. The staff from the Senate judiciary committee ought to be investigating the shit out of Barr.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 174January 17, 2019 11:37 AM

Rudy is so full of shit. This nonsense about, "I never said that there was no collusion" is such a blatant lie. You fucking prick. There are clips all over the news of you and the obese orange Dotard claiming "there was no collusion WHATSOEVER." Peter Alexander clarified that this morning when he gave his report on the Today Show that they both said this numerous times.

GUILTY. Lock 'em all up.

by Anonymousreply 175January 17, 2019 12:39 PM

An indictment today would be nice.

by Anonymousreply 176January 17, 2019 1:04 PM

I want Rudy to appear on some show today or tonight (he seems more comfortable after dark, like the vampire he is) and have to sit there through a montage of clips of Rudy, tRump, and the rest of these lying liars boasting about "no collusion whatsoever." And at the end, the interviewer would turn to Ghouliani and ask, "so what about your intention was unclear?"

And, yes, I agree, there must be something big coming out if he is making this kind of admission "spontaneously."

by Anonymousreply 177January 17, 2019 1:16 PM

r158, Nice try, but I will never vote for her.

by Anonymousreply 178January 17, 2019 1:19 PM

Michael Cohen:

As for the @WSJ article on poll rigging, what I did was at the direction of and for the sole benefit of @realDonaldTrump @POTUS. I truly regret my blind loyalty to a man who doesn’t deserve it.

by Anonymousreply 179January 17, 2019 1:28 PM

^^Cohen's testimony before Congress is going to be yuuuuuuuge.

by Anonymousreply 180January 17, 2019 1:32 PM

Oh, you don't say, Michael. . . .

Two bit criminals the whole lot of them. I'm glad Cohen is coming forward, but they are all a bunch of sleazes.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 181January 17, 2019 1:37 PM

Bill Kristol:

This is like late-stage Nixon. First Nixon didn’t know what Liddy & Hunt were doing. Then didn’t know what Coulson & Mitchell were doing. Then didn’t know what Haldeman & Ehrlichman were doing. Problem: Nixon did know what they were doing and they were doing it at his direction.

by Anonymousreply 182January 17, 2019 1:38 PM

The cover of the new issue of The Atlantic:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 183January 17, 2019 1:45 PM

If I'm not mistaken, the House can vote to impeach Dump. If they do and the majority vote is 'Yea', then what happens next? Wouldn't it be up to the Senate to actually convict? If the answer is yes, then it's time for the House to vote for impeachment. Then, the Mueller report can fill in the Why's.

by Anonymousreply 184January 17, 2019 1:49 PM

Yes, it's up to the Senate to convict. I'm wondering if McConnell can refuse to bring the matter to the floor in the Senate, just as he doesn't let any bills he doesn't like get a hearing (or a vote).

by Anonymousreply 185January 17, 2019 1:52 PM

Gee, R183, that’s sure subtle. I wonder what they mean?

The first person that should be impeached is McTurtle. Nothing can happen if he refuses to bring a vote.

by Anonymousreply 186January 17, 2019 2:02 PM

Did Ghouliani follow up with his "collusion is NOT a crime!" refrain from July?

by Anonymousreply 187January 17, 2019 2:10 PM

Did Rudy just throw Jared and Don Jr under the bus? He's such a snake. But can't believe he said that without the Donald knowing he would. But you never know.

by Anonymousreply 188January 17, 2019 2:11 PM

McTurtle must be getting himself some of that OO, Oligarch Orleg. So are a bunch of other Capital Hill GOPers, apparently.

by Anonymousreply 189January 17, 2019 2:19 PM

Hey Nancy, have you see this? r183

by Anonymousreply 190January 17, 2019 2:21 PM

[quote]Nice try, but I will never vote for her.

Even if it's her or Forrest Trump?

by Anonymousreply 191January 17, 2019 2:32 PM

WSJ _

Cohen Hired IT Firm to Rig Early CNBC, Drudge Polls to Favor Trump

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 192January 17, 2019 2:51 PM

Washington Post -

‘She wields the knife’: Pelosi moves to belittle and undercut Trump in shutdown fight

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 193January 17, 2019 2:55 PM

From R192's article:

[quote] In his Trump Organization office, Mr. Cohen surprised the man, John Gauger, by giving him a blue Walmart bag containing between $12,000 and $13,000 in cash

JFC, these fuckers can't even grift with any degree of class.

by Anonymousreply 194January 17, 2019 2:56 PM

Would you expect anything less (or more?) from these rubes?

by Anonymousreply 195January 17, 2019 3:15 PM

[quote]JFC, these fuckers can't even grift with any degree of class.

And who will ever forget Trump's version of WH hospitality this week? Deplorable is as deplorable does.

by Anonymousreply 196January 17, 2019 3:26 PM

[quote]Would you expect anything less (or more?) from these rubes?

Frankly, I give them credit for being that discreet. I would have expected a big, gold rhinestone briefcase with Drumpf's name on it.

by Anonymousreply 197January 17, 2019 3:29 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 198January 17, 2019 3:33 PM

r191, I meant in the primaries. Of course if it were her or Trump in the general (not likely to ever happen) I would hold my nose and pull the lever for her.

by Anonymousreply 199January 17, 2019 3:33 PM

Isn’t the Michael Cohen Tweet ENORMOUS???????

by Anonymousreply 200January 17, 2019 3:38 PM

R200, yes, but the Deplorables poo-poo it as a nothing burger.

by Anonymousreply 201January 17, 2019 3:54 PM

From the story at R193, more about Cohen's IT guy:

[quote]Mr. Gauger owns RedFinch Solutions LLC and is chief information officer at Liberty University in Virginia, where Jerry Falwell Jr., an evangelical leader and fervent Trump supporter, is president.

by Anonymousreply 202January 17, 2019 4:04 PM

[quote]So the embodiment of all that is ethical and righteous and justice-y drops by for ONE HOUR during an all day meeting with NEARLY TWO DOZEN former staffers, during the legislative action part of the day in the House, coincidentally missing an important, very close vote to sanction a Russian oligarch. And they gave the women less than 48 hours notice of the meeting and that they would be flown out, and not given an agenda or any list of people who would be at the meeting. And they confiscated the women's phones during the meeting.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 203January 17, 2019 4:17 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 204January 17, 2019 4:24 PM

[quote]Isn’t the Michael Cohen Tweet ENORMOUS???????

Not the way I see it.

by Anonymousreply 205January 17, 2019 4:27 PM

PBS' Amna Nawaz:

New report from HHS watchdog group on #separatedchildren in US govt custody has this stunning takeaway: "thousands" of kids may have been separated at the border *before* administration began tracking. In other words: the 2,737 # administration provided could be massive UNDERcount.

(It is nigh impossible to keep track of the massive scandals originating from this administration every damn day!)

by Anonymousreply 206January 17, 2019 4:29 PM

R206: Why isn't this front page news anymore? New Media just forgot about the missing children?! I know there are new scandals every day, but 1000+ missing children shouldn't be yesterday's news if they are still missing.

by Anonymousreply 207January 17, 2019 4:32 PM

The story just broke, R207, so we'll see how much (if any) traction it gets today.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 208January 17, 2019 4:34 PM

[quote]Isn’t the Michael Cohen Tweet ENORMOUS???????

Yes -- not just because it accuses the President of rigging polls, but also because it may implicate rabid Trumpist (and pool-boy admirer) Jerry Falwell, Jr.

by Anonymousreply 209January 17, 2019 4:36 PM

WaPo: The Trump administration separated thousands more migrant children from their parents at the U.S. border than has previously been made public, according to an investigative report released Thursday, but the federal tracking system has been so poor that the precise number is hazy.

The report estimates that thousands of other youngsters were taken starting early in the Trump administration, months before the government announced it would separate children in order to criminally prosecute their parents, through late last spring.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 210January 17, 2019 4:38 PM

R208: The story about the *additional* children just broke. What about the previous missing children from a few months ago? That is out of the news. I hope they are still looking for those kids...

by Anonymousreply 211January 17, 2019 4:40 PM

I have no doubt Trump did this to traffic them r206.

No. Fucking. Doubt.

by Anonymousreply 212January 17, 2019 4:49 PM

McConnell works for Putin, long time. Hope Mueller caught the bastard.

by Anonymousreply 213January 17, 2019 5:01 PM

I don't know if it's been actually stated or just alluded to, but Nancy Pelosi and most of the Dems are against Impeachment. They believe they won't get the Repug votes needed from the Senate, and not only will it be a waste of time, but it will take up too much time. I believe their plan is to go straight for indictment, force the MF to resign, (then hopefully throw him in jail). Many believe The Constitution prohibits indicting a sitting President, but there are arguments just as strong in favor, and this is a very special and specific case.

I think they should just go straight for indictment.

by Anonymousreply 214January 17, 2019 5:05 PM

These atrocities are out of the news because of fatigue and exhaustion.

Trump, a sociopath, is grooming citizens with a constant barrage of ill. The goal is to desensitize, to completely challenge boundaries of behavior and standards, and wear down emotions and resistance. He and his authoritarian advisors will attempt to minimize one awful event by enacting another, more awful event. In the case of these missing children, there is an entire swath of citizens who have already shut down and don't care any longer.

From the moment media first described these separations and the volume of missing children I believed they were and are being exploited and used for sex trafficking. Occam's razor. Trump will use anyone or anything at his disposal to make money. Another bonus is that those children will have their psychological development broken, creating another generation of sociopaths vulnerable to authoritarianism.

The GOP has waged psychological warfare against our country.

by Anonymousreply 215January 17, 2019 5:08 PM

The Hill -

Trump lashes out at Schumer: So funny to watch him 'groveling'

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 216January 17, 2019 5:26 PM

What exactly is Rudy getting out of all of this? His reputation is being destroyed. I can't imagine Trump is paying him anything. He clearly lives a comfortable life. Seems like a foolish way to ruin a not so terrible reputation. Is it the attention?

by Anonymousreply 217January 17, 2019 6:04 PM

CNN: Trump is fraying nerves inside the Pentagon:

"Pentagon officials have also been unnerved by requests from the White House National Security Council, which continues to ask the Pentagon for options to attack Iran. Military planners CNN has spoken to say these requests are concerning since there is no real understanding of how Iran might react — or exactly what military objective the Trump Administration is trying to achieve. It's the ultimate worry: the White House orders some type of strike, perhaps against Iranian-backed fighters in Syria, and Tehran retaliates in a counterattack."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 218January 17, 2019 6:21 PM

WAG THE DOG

by Anonymousreply 219January 17, 2019 6:26 PM

[quote]So funny to watch him 'grovelling'

Not close though to the gold-standard grovelling of Trump to Putin.

by Anonymousreply 220January 17, 2019 6:28 PM

If this was Hillary we would still being hearing about every single scandal that just falls to the wayside with Trump. The soldiers that were ambushed, his unsecured phone, Ivankas email, etc.

by Anonymousreply 221January 17, 2019 6:30 PM

The Corrupt Imbecile has "fired back" at Nancy Pelosi with his own letter.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 222January 17, 2019 6:33 PM

She had already cancelled her trip.

by Anonymousreply 223January 17, 2019 6:38 PM

I'm sure Nancy is heartbroken that she can't go to Afghanistan...

by Anonymousreply 224January 17, 2019 6:40 PM

This is like watching parenting from an exceptional mother and a cretin child.

by Anonymousreply 225January 17, 2019 7:11 PM

Have any of the Mercers testified in the House or Senate or to Mueller?

by Anonymousreply 226January 17, 2019 7:21 PM

I thought Pelosi’s reasoning was perfectly sound but of course the GOP just said she was playing politics. She was actually doing him a favour - he’s a terrible speaker, nobody cared when he made his public address last week, he even lost 2% of his already dwindling support.

Telling her to cancel an already cancelled trip - when he should have the larger concerns of the American people in mind - is so petty but of course his base will eat it up. Pelosi will refocus this debate.

I don’t know why they just don’t repeat ad nausuem: YOU SAID MEXICO WOULD PAY FOR YOUR WALL!

by Anonymousreply 227January 17, 2019 7:25 PM

r226....No....but considering how things are going for Cambridge Analytica, I wouldnt be surprised if theyre targets of a segment of the inquiry.

by Anonymousreply 228January 17, 2019 7:26 PM

Some more speculation.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 229January 17, 2019 7:34 PM

Speaking of speculation about Republican lawmakers:

Rep. Tom Marino, a Pennsylvania Republican and avid Trump supporter, announced Thursday he’ll resign from Congress to pursue a private sector job – just days after starting his fifth term in Congress.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 230January 17, 2019 7:43 PM

I wonder if this is what the Russians are holding over Mitch McConnell. I’m guessing the shoe is underage.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 231January 17, 2019 7:49 PM

I am going to post a tweet but they never come up but I keep trying. here is what it says if it doesn't come up

More Trump is running television ads to ask people to call 800-350-6647 and press 1 to DEMAND that Pelosi and Schumer fund the wall. Buried at the end, the announcer says, "press 2 if you do NOT support funding the wall.

Friends, you know what to do.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 232January 17, 2019 7:58 PM

We’re talking about an amoral psychopath who is backed against a wall. Trump will just tally all calls and say they all support the wall. He is totally incapable of dealing with or conveying the truth.

by Anonymousreply 233January 17, 2019 8:12 PM

Philippe Reines is on Nicolle Wallace! Turn it on now! He’s fabulous.

by Anonymousreply 234January 17, 2019 8:25 PM

I think it’s a damn shame that the news from this afternoon (Pelosi, child/family separations, etc.) is overshadowing the news from last night and this morning.

Make no mistake, the Rudy collusion confusion and the Michael Cohen poll-rigging (at Trump’s direction) IS the real story here. All the other stuff is stuff that Trump is pulling because a) he sucks at his job, and b) he’s trying to distract, punch back, etc. But the collusion and paid poll-rigging is part of the large body of evidence we need to take him down. Let’s not lose sight of it. Both of those admissions are HUGE. Stay focused, people.

by Anonymousreply 235January 17, 2019 8:29 PM

[quote]We’re talking about an amoral psychopath who is backed against a wall.

Irony!

[quote]Trump will just tally all calls and say they all support the wall. He is totally incapable of dealing with or conveying the truth.

Or he’ll give someone a Wal-Mart bag stuffed with cash to rig the results.

by Anonymousreply 236January 17, 2019 8:31 PM

Not sure the source for the claim that Pelosi's trip had already been cancelled when Drumpf sent her the letter, but that's not accurate. They were getting ready to depart at 4:30 pm today. It was supposed to be a classified mission to meet allies and gather intel. tRump made it sound like he cancelled her Riviera vacation on the public dime. He is such a petty, childish moron. She was actually doing her job.

by Anonymousreply 237January 17, 2019 9:28 PM

Since Congress is a co-equal branch and since the Constitution also mandates that the Speaker of the House is the second in line of succession if neither the POTUS or the Vice POTUS can serve, it seems like to me Pelosi could take him to court to force him to provide military protection and adequate security to her as a member of Congress and as the Speaker. She's ding her job, and he has no right to interfere with her ability to do her job. He's a despicable piece of shit.

by Anonymousreply 238January 17, 2019 9:35 PM

I'm watching CNN and it seems like they are sorta trying to say both sides are being childish. I'm half listening. Fuck them if they are.

No one is ever held accountable when they do bothsiderism.

by Anonymousreply 239January 17, 2019 9:54 PM

R239 Exactly, the only one obstructing the funding bills is the turd in the WH and the turtle in the Senate. They are the ones holding federal workers as hostages. They are the only villains in any truthful narratives.

by Anonymousreply 240January 17, 2019 10:10 PM

I actually heard a Deplorable say that Nancy and Dotard were both at fault but Nancy was MORE at fault because she has experience and she knows what she's doing. Dotard is just a newbie at this and doesn't understand the ramifications of a shut down so Nancy is the one that's ultimately responsible for hurting so many Americans!

I'm wondering if that's a Fox news talking point.

by Anonymousreply 241January 17, 2019 10:16 PM

r241 Yet this started under total repug control. Fucking idiots.

by Anonymousreply 242January 17, 2019 10:17 PM

R241 Sounds exactly like a Faux News talking point. The woman is a fault for not cleaning up the mess a man-baby made in the first place.

by Anonymousreply 243January 17, 2019 10:23 PM

Model claiming Trump secrets deported from Thailand

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 244January 17, 2019 10:50 PM

Poor woman, she is very much at risk now.

by Anonymousreply 245January 17, 2019 11:00 PM

Wasn’t she sent back to Russia? She’s definitely in grave danger.

by Anonymousreply 246January 17, 2019 11:02 PM

And what does she supposedly know?

by Anonymousreply 247January 17, 2019 11:16 PM

She is saying that she has tapes of Oleg Derispaka talking about working with Trump to rig the election. She claims to be one of Oleg’s girls and that she used her phone to take multiple conversations. No idea if her story is actually true, it sounds too good to be true.

by Anonymousreply 248January 17, 2019 11:19 PM

Would be interesting if true but what took her so long to come out with it? Could she just have been looking to get help from being sent back to Russia?

by Anonymousreply 249January 17, 2019 11:23 PM

She said this when she was first arrested r249, which I think was a year and a half ago. This story has been out for a long time, it never gained traction.

by Anonymousreply 250January 17, 2019 11:25 PM

BREAKING: A federal judge in Wisconsin has just struck down GOP restrictions on early voting put in place by former governor Scott Walker.

by Anonymousreply 251January 17, 2019 11:25 PM

Link please? Thank you.

by Anonymousreply 252January 17, 2019 11:27 PM

link....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 253January 17, 2019 11:29 PM

Fuck cunt Walker.

He looks like he rides the short bus.

by Anonymousreply 254January 17, 2019 11:35 PM

Congresswoman who thinks Graham is 'compromised'.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 255January 18, 2019 12:07 AM

Senator Coons (D) was on MSNBC with Nicole I believe, anyway, he said the Republican House and the Senate both passed the legislation before Christmas and sent it to the WH , and 36 hours later Trump changed his mind and decided to shut down his own government. So there is no "both sides" to this. It was never about a wall. His wall is all he has to rally the base and if he had been sincere about a wall he could have had one when he controlled both houses of Congress for two fucking years. So why now? Because he is dealing with Pelosi. And the other point I want to make once again, because I said this before: The Koch brothers and the GOP hate government and want to dismantle it and they have attempted to starve it out of existence with outrageous tax cuts, and have Medicare and Social Security on the hit list and will privatize everything they can get their hands on. So this shutdown plays into the hands of the anti government extremists. What's going on right now it dangerous shit. We need to kick McConnell's ass.

by Anonymousreply 256January 18, 2019 12:09 AM

Thank you all for this thread. That is all

by Anonymousreply 257January 18, 2019 12:14 AM

I'm watching Monk. There was a shot of his high school yearbook photo. The name of the kid in the photo next to him was........Robert Mueller.

by Anonymousreply 258January 18, 2019 12:17 AM

Hannity, Limbaugh, and Coulter are running the government.

That's what Juan Williams stated on Fox.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 259January 18, 2019 12:30 AM

Interesting, r212, that Junior Mint claimed that the infamous Trump Tower meeting was to discuss Russian orphans.

Orphans. As in, the de facto ones from our Trump border policy.

IOW, the brutal separation of the Central American children from their parents was known and came out as "Russian" via Junior's guilty subconscious.

by Anonymousreply 260January 18, 2019 12:37 AM

I think the key to this may be to publicly mock Trump for being held hostage by Ann Coulter. Given how he feels about women the mere suggestion of some one like COulter running him? He'd be incensed.

by Anonymousreply 261January 18, 2019 12:45 AM

What do you people think he was doing with Trump Model Management ?....he was trafficking underage girls for Epstein and his cabal.

by Anonymousreply 262January 18, 2019 12:46 AM

Rachel has a new jacket - check out the lining.

by Anonymousreply 263January 18, 2019 1:10 AM

I think Pelosi should say that she's willing to go to the negotiating table if the following terms are agreed as a preface to that meeting and make Trump agree to the facts of the shutdown including his stated promise of making Mexico pay for the wall, etc. Bring him to heel. Like with Obama and the birther thing - make Trump say it. And get DACA.

Otherwise, let him twist in the wind.

by Anonymousreply 264January 18, 2019 1:11 AM

Shocking that Rachel's in navy blue tonight, with colorful lining at the sleeves!

by Anonymousreply 265January 18, 2019 1:20 AM

New year, new gear. It’s good to see her in something besides black.

by Anonymousreply 266January 18, 2019 1:22 AM

#Ann Coulter sure has Trump on a short leash.

That might get his attention!

by Anonymousreply 267January 18, 2019 1:32 AM

Accordion Trump .

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 268January 18, 2019 1:55 AM

McConnell, Romney, Graham, etc. in the Senate sure cater to that oligarch, Deripaska. 42 Republican Senators and Bernie Sanders who avoiding voting. Evidence indicates Deripaska received campaign information from Manafort and may go deeper.

Barr intends to protect all these Republicans. That's why he was nominated.

by Anonymousreply 269January 18, 2019 2:02 AM

Clumsy bitch LOL

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 270January 18, 2019 2:06 AM

Thoughts and Prayers to Betsy.

by Anonymousreply 271January 18, 2019 2:10 AM

too bad the hateful cunt didn't break her goddam neck, r470.

A lot of people would have applauded the bicycle.

by Anonymousreply 272January 18, 2019 2:17 AM

Someone please remember to post a photo of a hateful cunt at R470.

Dotard, the Senatrice, Ivanka, Shucksabee, McTurtle... any of them will do.

by Anonymousreply 273January 18, 2019 2:19 AM

as much as people think Nancy should give in, if she does Trump will always hold the country and it's people hostage every time he wants something. She absolutely cannot give in. She is right, he is throwing a childish tantrum hoping it will work.

by Anonymousreply 274January 18, 2019 2:31 AM

r272 She is in a lot of pain. Probably on heavy pain meds. There is a huge opioid crisis and we need to pray Betsy isn't putting a needle in her arm within the year.

by Anonymousreply 275January 18, 2019 2:36 AM

NO, the reference to Russian adoptions, which no one ever seems to care about, is the fact that Russia stopped allowing any adoptions to the United States unless they guaranteed the children never went to gay or lesbian couples. The United States refuses, and Putin then stopped ALL adoptions to the U.S.

Utter, deep-rooted homophobia. No journalist ever brings it up, the same way they never bring up the fact that initially the Guiliani/Trump faction of the FBI were trying to uncover lesbian emails between Hillary and Huma when Wiener’s laptop was confiscated, and thus the GOP’s initial glee.

by Anonymousreply 276January 18, 2019 2:38 AM

Breaking now on buzzFeed: Trump directed Cohen to lie to Congress. And much more detail in the story.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 277January 18, 2019 2:38 AM

Sorry. Proper link without Facebook

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 278January 18, 2019 2:39 AM

Receipts

[quote]The special counsel’s office learned about Trump’s directive for Cohen to lie to Congress through interviews with multiple witnesses from the Trump Organization and internal company emails, text messages, and a cache of other documents. Cohen then acknowledged those instructions during his interviews with that office.

by Anonymousreply 279January 18, 2019 2:41 AM

The stories now are starting to spiral for real. How will we know when it’s “climaxed”?

by Anonymousreply 280January 18, 2019 2:41 AM

As the fabulous Jill Wine-Banks just said on msnbc, this is POTUS directly obstructing justice not before but while in office. And they have the receipts!

by Anonymousreply 281January 18, 2019 2:46 AM

Do you remember last year, Mueller interviewed a woman who was a very long term Trump Org employee. She was an accountant or secretary or something. That woman knows where all the bodies are buried, and Mueller interviewed her months ago.

Why are they leaking this right now? Something to do with the shutdown? I don’t know what they could say to make Trump fold. Nothing, I guess.

by Anonymousreply 282January 18, 2019 2:48 AM

Melania just flew solo on Air Force One to Maralago... for a tan. During the government shutdown. While DJT won't allow Speaker Pelosi and Congressional members, government plane access in order to visit NATO and our troops in Afghanistan.

by Anonymousreply 283January 18, 2019 2:55 AM

Cohen’s lawyer was on MSNBC today saying Trump had made some kind of threat or inviting others to commit violence against Cohen’s family. Then he said Cohen was re-thinking whether he should testify.

The host, horrified, asked, does this mean he’s thinking about not testifying? The attorney answered, I didn’t say that. But also said that he had talked to him today.

The impression I got was that he was saying, he’s scared but will testify. But it was odd that he brought that up as if to say, Cohen was so scared by Trump he might not testify. I wasn’t sure what he was trying to accomplish by putting it the way he did.

by Anonymousreply 284January 18, 2019 2:58 AM

I wonder if the thug that threatened Stormy Daniels was paid cash in a Walmart bag.

by Anonymousreply 285January 18, 2019 3:07 AM

R282 I can't remember her name, but she was on Ari Melber last week along with the true writer of "The Art of the Deal", Tony Schwartz.

by Anonymousreply 286January 18, 2019 3:10 AM

Thanks R286.

Giuliani is claiming Cohen is a liar, but it’s being pointed out that Mueller got his information from various other sources, not just Cohen. Mueller has proof.

by Anonymousreply 287January 18, 2019 3:24 AM

I hate him! I hate him! I just fucking hate him !!!

by Anonymousreply 288January 18, 2019 3:30 AM

Thanks again,to all you posters in this great thread!

by Anonymousreply 289January 18, 2019 3:32 AM

According to the article, Mueller already knew about this from the Trump Org / Cohen stash that FBI seized - documents, emails, texts etc. as well as from other witness testimony. First Mueller confronted Cohen with this evidence, and then Cohen admitted to it.

Rudy was probably trying to get ahead of this news with the crazy denials yesterday.

by Anonymousreply 290January 18, 2019 3:47 AM

Rudy was saying there was collusion, but it’s okay because Trump wasn’t the one colluding. It was everyone else all around him.

Now it turns out Trump was the one colluding, he was right in the middle of it. So did Rudy know something was dropping today but didn’t quite know what it was?

by Anonymousreply 291January 18, 2019 4:10 AM

R284, I think what Lanny Davis was doing is establishing the thuggery of Trump, that is all. I don’t get the feeling they would pull Cohen, but I think they want Trump & Co. to be unsure and unsteady as to whether or not Cohen will still testify.

R291, I surmise yes.

by Anonymousreply 292January 18, 2019 4:17 AM

Mueller has evidence of President Shitgibbon and family suborning perjury. This is fucking enormous.

In any normal political environment the President would resign tomorrow.

Amy Klobuchar sure seems to have known this on Tuesday based on her questioning of Barr.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 293January 18, 2019 4:21 AM

Concerning impeachment, I don't know what to think. This is a Senate where the Repugs just voted for absolutely no reason to give a huge gift to that Russian oligarch and Putin. I don't think there's any chance that they convict Trump, no matter what evidence exists. So, would it actually help Trump if the Democratic lead House impeaches him and then he's found Not Guilty by the Senate? I think it does. And, I think the House Democrats think so too.

by Anonymousreply 294January 18, 2019 4:23 AM

Impeach the traitorous F*cker! It’s Mueller time.

by Anonymousreply 295January 18, 2019 4:28 AM

Robby Mook on CNN tonite. Looked great. Would like to seem him in a jockstrap.

by Anonymousreply 296January 18, 2019 4:31 AM

[quote]Impeach the traitorous F*cker! It’s Mueller time.

The point is that those are two separate things. I think the House is waiting to see if Mueller is ready to move (which seems likely due to what is not coming out). If they won't allow the fucker to be indicted, impeachment is the back-up.

If Trump is indicted, he will immediately be impeached to remove him from office. I really think there is a lot of behind the scenes planning going on because of the huge implications of removing the President and Vice President. Has never happened before and would be a monumental moment in the history of the nation. If they blow their wad too early on impeachment, they don't have it as a back up to Mueller. It's one shot and done.

by Anonymousreply 297January 18, 2019 4:34 AM

[quote] R276: NO, the reference to Russian adoptions, which no one ever seems to care about, is the fact that Russia stopped allowing any adoptions to the United States unless they guaranteed the children never went to gay or lesbian couples.

As I recall it, the Russians may use the Gay-parent issue as an excuse, but the real reason is the Magnitsky Act, which penalizes Russian Oligarchs for Russian human rights abuses. So when you hear “adoption”, you should think about Russian fat cats who can’t travel to the US and who have funds frozen here.

by Anonymousreply 298January 18, 2019 4:43 AM

As far as I can tell, the House could impeach Trump, and even if the Senate failed to convict, the next house after the 2020 election, could re-impeach him again on the same evidence. There is no prohibition in impeachment to double jeopardy, except perhaps by public opinion.

The House investigation process should also uncover more evidence of malfeasance that should shift public opinion. With enough evidence revealed before the 2020 election, the Senate will be challenged to act, or face voter wrath.

by Anonymousreply 299January 18, 2019 4:49 AM

So when are we going to start hearing leaks about Mother?

by Anonymousreply 300January 18, 2019 4:55 AM

I think I might be falling for Amy K. She is damn smart and doesn't back down.

by Anonymousreply 301January 18, 2019 4:59 AM

Tonight was my usual overdose of MSNBC while I methodically mutilate my cuticles and pick at various skin issues — a nervous tweak that began during the election.

One thing that came up several times was that Cohen is not only going to testify that Trump instructed him to lie to Congress, but also that he has actual receipts for this. The reporter is that blonde editor from VF, can’t remember which show, I think Chris Hayes. She spoke about how confident she is that Cohen has receipts proving Trump did this, but then pondered what the receipts would be? Is it an email? A text? Neither make sense because Trump famously does neither, so what kind of receipt could Cohen possibly have? She just couldn’t say, but I think I know. ***Another recording***.

by Anonymousreply 302January 18, 2019 5:16 AM

How much longer can he keep up this charade?

by Anonymousreply 303January 18, 2019 5:24 AM

R303 — forever actually. He will just keep marching on, it’s up to us to stop him. And we will.

by Anonymousreply 304January 18, 2019 5:27 AM

R304 That's one of his pathology. He's just too stupid and shameless to know when the jig is up! He thinks (or being told by cronies) that he can't be indicted as President, that he's impeachment proof because of Republican control of the Senate, and that "winning" the Wall fight will grant him some invulnerable shield of popularity which will ward off his enemies. In reality, he's only as safe as the bag of tricks he and his cronies can play. At some point, the bag of tricks will run out, and his cowardly cronies will betray him, leaving Trump to his demise. The plot is almost Shakespearean.

by Anonymousreply 305January 18, 2019 5:49 AM

What I find most interesting in the bit about Cohen above is the that the guy he paid off to fix the polls was one of Falwell's criminal enterprise, especially in light of the recent information showing loans to Falwell from Cohen/Trump to purchase that weird hostel in Florida for the son.

Anybody remember where the hostel is located? It's not anywhere near Maralago, is it? I always figured the choice of an anything-goes hostel on the beach in FL was so weird for a Falwell enterprise that it has to be a cover for something like drug-smuggling.

by Anonymousreply 306January 18, 2019 6:44 AM

Love her.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 307January 18, 2019 6:46 AM

How the fuck can anyone call her homophobic for suggesting Linz is being blackmailed?! It was S.E. Cupp who said that. It makes absolutely no sense.

by Anonymousreply 308January 18, 2019 6:48 AM

Everyone is thinking it. She just has the guts to tweet it.

by Anonymousreply 309January 18, 2019 6:52 AM

Thank God for Dump being such a cheap asshole. If he had treated Cohen better (ie, paying his lawyer's fees), he wouldn't find himself in this situation. Obviously Dump thought he is invincible despite Cohen knowing years of his shit.

by Anonymousreply 310January 18, 2019 6:55 AM

Some of this new piece from Alexandra Petri is very funny.

[quote]When I said there was no collusion by the president, I meant the president AT THE TIME.

[quote]When I said nobody was colluding, I meant literally nobody was colluding at the moment you were asking.

[quote]When I said there was no collusion, I became temporarily confused and thought you were asking if I wanted hot water, and I didn’t, so I said no.

[quote]I thought you were asking if there was NOW collusion. There is NOW collusion, is what I said.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 311January 18, 2019 7:12 AM

What's the NPR podcast with that hipster proto frau who talks about managing her super complex digital life while still having time for self care?

by Anonymousreply 312January 18, 2019 7:22 AM

R312 Note to Self

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 313January 18, 2019 7:26 AM

It's almost one year now since the actor who played Tinky Winky, departed.

Pappa Preacher Jerry was a Tinky Winky basher. That's not Junior's focus, Tinky Winky was no pool boy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 314January 18, 2019 10:29 AM

R294 is right I think. If Trump survives a Dem lead impeachment, he will appear as winning.

by Anonymousreply 315January 18, 2019 10:30 AM

President Trump Directed His Attorney Michael Cohen To Lie To Congress About The Moscow Tower Project

Trump received 10 personal updates from Michael Cohen and encouraged a planned meeting with Vladimir Putin.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 316January 18, 2019 10:47 AM

R308 S. E. Cupp, Fox, Breitbart, RT, Sputnik, Washington Examinter, Free Beacon, and other rightist & pro-Russher media figures, are using the term "homophobic" for 'out' gay writers, a liberal young female congresswoman, and a female news anchor, for speculating Graham may be 'compromised' because of his big flip for Trump. Sounds like they want something aggressively squelched.

by Anonymousreply 317January 18, 2019 10:55 AM

R276, You are stupid if you think any Trump was discussing Russian orphans in Trump Tower. Moreover, as if a Republican would care about gays.

by Anonymousreply 318January 18, 2019 11:28 AM

[quote]Cohen’s lawyer was on MSNBC today saying Trump had made some kind of threat or inviting others to commit violence against Cohen’s family. Then he said Cohen was re-thinking whether he should testify.

Way back when Cohen suddenly became a Person Of Interest - to what extent we didn't yet know - it was notable that in commenting (and distancing), Trump mentioned knowing Cohen's beautiful family. It jarred so much, and was so clearly a message to Cohen demanding omerta.

Mueller of course will have factored this in when interviewing Cohen. It can only have been seen as yet another attempt to obstruct justice.

by Anonymousreply 319January 18, 2019 11:33 AM

This must be the beginning of the end. I agree with R297 that this requires careful planning, because if somehow Pence is also involved in this web of illegalities, then this all has to be coordinated with a high degree of precision. I think we need to know the extent of the crimininality to best know how to proceed.

by Anonymousreply 320January 18, 2019 11:54 AM

Rick Wilson:

I've cautioned everyone to keep your foot off the impeachment pedal because this Senate will never convict.

If this story is true and *proven,* I think there's no choice but to impeach the President of The United States for obstruction and subornation of perjury.

by Anonymousreply 321January 18, 2019 12:02 PM

Chris Hayes:

If I were Trump, Ivanka or Don Jr, this would make my blood run cold:

"The special counsel’s office learned about Trump’s directive for Cohen to lie to Congress through...internal company emails, text messages, and a cache of other documents."

by Anonymousreply 322January 18, 2019 12:03 PM

Yashar Ali reports that BuzzFeed reached out to Trump’s team at 5:15 PM Eastern and gave them about five hours to comment before publishing.

The White House chose not to make any comment -- they were obviously caught flat-footed and didn't know how to respond.

by Anonymousreply 323January 18, 2019 12:05 PM

R318, I'm not R276, but I don't think he/she was agreeing that Russian orphans was the topic of the Trump Tower meeting or denying that some sort of collusion between the Trump campaign and the Russian government was going on there—I think he/she was only clarifying the issue of Russian orphans—significant in its own right—that Jr. and others have used as a pretext when talking about the meeting.

by Anonymousreply 324January 18, 2019 12:39 PM

The Russians at the Trump Tower meeting were there to lobby to get sanctions removed from Russian oligarchs. Since Russia had originally responded to these sanctions by ceasing adoptions of Russian children by Americans, it is a plausible lie to say the meeting was about adoption. It was, in this sense:

Russian agent: “We will give you all this dirt on Hillary if you drop these sanctions on our oligarchs. Once we make this deal, we will resume American adoptions of Russian children, as our prohibition on this will have outlived its purpose.”

by Anonymousreply 325January 18, 2019 1:11 PM

R298, a minor point: The Global Magnitsky Act effectively freezes assets held in other countries, too, not just in the USA.

by Anonymousreply 326January 18, 2019 1:14 PM

Four tweets from Trump so far this morning and not a mention of the BuzzFeed story, not even to call it FAKE NEWS.

That's how you know he's really scared.

by Anonymousreply 327January 18, 2019 1:16 PM

Suborning perjury isn't the only thing Trump has in common with Nixon. "Team of Vipers," a new book by former White House communications aide Cliff Sims, details the creation of Trump's own Enemies List.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 328January 18, 2019 1:28 PM

Hey guys. DC gay here. I hooked up with my Congressional aide again last night and got some tidbits for y’all during pillow talk. Some of this might not be new information but at least bolsters things we’ve already heard.

Apparently, Trump personally interviewed William Barr for work as his attorney (or a U.S. Attorney position? I forgot) several months ago and was put off by Barr’s decades-long friend with Bob Mueller so he was dismissed. THEN TRUMP FORGOT ABOUT THAT ENTIRELY. He was surprised and angry this week while watching the confirmation hearings to hear that little tidbit about Barr and Mueller being old friends all over again. He’s a complete idiot with the memory of a gnat.

The House GOP mistakenly voted for a spending bill that would end the shutdown this week. When they realized what they had done, a couple members yelled at the nearest brown Congressperson, “Go back to Puerto Rico!” (where this person was not even from).

My fuck buddy thinks that Mueller’s report is going to come out soon, within the next thirty days. (Shout-out to the February Troll).

The aide is also very well hung and thick, just as a sidenote.

R214 is strewn with misstatements and lies. Nancy Pelosi has not said that she is “against impeachment.” She has (consistently) stated that the House will wait until Mueller’s report to decide on impeachment. Also, the Constitution does not state that a sitting President cannot be indicted. As has been said many, many times, it is simply DOJ policy. Are you a troll or just grossly uninformed?

by Anonymousreply 329January 18, 2019 1:34 PM

DJT will have Hucksbee Sanders to attack BuzzFeed. Kellyanne is more selective on what topics she chooses for yapping and deflecting.

by Anonymousreply 330January 18, 2019 1:35 PM

R291 from The Daily Show

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 331January 18, 2019 1:38 PM

R301, I love her Middle-Aged, Middle-West Girl Magic. Fell for her during the Kavanaugh hearings.

I would rather see her run than Warren, Harris, and Gillibrand put together.

by Anonymousreply 332January 18, 2019 1:43 PM

On MSNBC they're saying Mueller reportedly has the documents to prove Trump directed Cohen to lie.

by Anonymousreply 333January 18, 2019 1:43 PM

I'm torn between Harris and Klobuchar for Pres. Both are brilliant. Klobuchar probably has a more "friendly" vibe, if that's worth anything.

by Anonymousreply 334January 18, 2019 1:47 PM

I had to re-watch the Klobuchar/Kavanaugh exchange from September last night after I saw her on an episode of TRMS. She was so calm, cool, collected and had receipts. It was a real moment for her to shine. She really got under I Like Beer’s skin.

by Anonymousreply 335January 18, 2019 1:50 PM

AP - Congress to probe report that Trump directed lawyer to lie

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 336January 18, 2019 1:51 PM

Thanks for sharing R329! Keep the inside scoop coming!

by Anonymousreply 337January 18, 2019 1:52 PM

To me the lack of care given to immigrant children is one of the worst and most embarrassing thing our country ever did. How many orphans did we create? We could have done something to help Guatemala, Honduras, El Salvador...these people would rather stay home and be protected from gangs. I guess all we can do is kill gang members? What else can be done? People who are completely bad...earth does not have room for them.

by Anonymousreply 338January 18, 2019 1:56 PM

I want it to be discovered that Trump has secretly taken the immigrant children taken away from the parents to work as slaves at his resorts. At this point, it wouldn't surprise me ONE BIT.

by Anonymousreply 339January 18, 2019 1:59 PM

[quote]The aide is also very well hung and thick, just as a sidenote.

Then what are you doing posting on DL?

by Anonymousreply 340January 18, 2019 2:03 PM

R340, well, because that was last night and this is now the morning. He doesn’t sleep over. We fuck, we chat, and then he goes home.

He also said that he wouldn’t be shocked if Trump were to pull Barr’s nomination. It’s unlikely, but there’d now be a good reason (in Trump’s mind).

by Anonymousreply 341January 18, 2019 2:12 PM

Recall this article from 2017. (There is a link to a 2018 update therein). It notes the Republican political PACs that accepted money from Blavatnik with his connections to RUSAL and Deriposka.

In addition to McConnell, Graham, McCain, and several others accepting major oligarch money for their PAC's; there was also then Governors Scott Walker and John Kasich also receiving such PAC money.

Marco Rubio's PACs took a substantial sum. Yet, a couple of days ago, Rubio was among the 11 Republican Senators who voted against lifting sanctions on Deriposka and RUSAL. Rubio did the right decision with his vote; but it looks unusual given the earlier Balvatnik contributions to his PACs.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 342January 18, 2019 2:20 PM

Is there a new thread for the big Buzzfeed scoop? I can't find it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 343January 18, 2019 2:21 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 344January 18, 2019 2:24 PM

[quote]Is there a new thread for the big Buzzfeed scoop? I can't find it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 345January 18, 2019 2:26 PM

Are PACs only for ads or can line pockets personally of the candidate?

by Anonymousreply 346January 18, 2019 2:27 PM

Louisville newspaper on McConnell.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 347January 18, 2019 2:32 PM

Klobuchar TOTALLY knew when she asked Barr and locked him IN.

by Anonymousreply 348January 18, 2019 2:37 PM

"Why would Nancy Pelosi leave the Country with other Democrats on a seven day excursion when 800,000 great people are not getting paid," the president tweeted.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 349January 18, 2019 2:43 PM

fiddle dee dee

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 350January 18, 2019 2:49 PM

Klobuchar is just brilliant. I love her.

by Anonymousreply 351January 18, 2019 2:53 PM

She is fantastic. Friendly to the good, but lethal to the evil.

by Anonymousreply 352January 18, 2019 2:56 PM

Judging by the look on Barr's face, R348, he knew he was screwed too!

by Anonymousreply 353January 18, 2019 3:05 PM

I hope Rachel Dratch continues to play Klobuchar on SNL.

by Anonymousreply 354January 18, 2019 3:22 PM

Side note: Tina Smith, Minnesota's other senator, gives off Parker Posey in Best in Show vibes,

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 355January 18, 2019 3:48 PM

I need Sen. Smith to be freaking out over a Busy Bee.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 356January 18, 2019 3:49 PM

Lara Trump is on Fox News right now, lying and spinning away about this new bombshell. She looks like a tranny.

by Anonymousreply 357January 18, 2019 3:49 PM

You could tell how uncomfortable Barr was in answering that series of questions from Klobuchar. He tried to narrow his answers as much as possible. But bottom line: what tRump did is a crime and his own Attorney General nominee confirmed it.

by Anonymousreply 358January 18, 2019 4:08 PM

In case anyone missed this story....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 359January 18, 2019 4:28 PM

R329 / DC Gay, that is a juicy post, thank you!!

I can’t believe it’s finally coming to a head, it really is. I do strongly suspect that the stories about the AG’s office leaking preliminary communications required for the Mueller report to take place in February were true. The Mueller Team has never leaked, they are airtight, and they never will. But that story rang true to me because I wouldn’t imagine Mueller contacts the AG “the day of” the report release. There are likely required back and forths between the two offices to check that the report is accurate, follows all DOJ protocols, that the presentation will follow guidelines, that all subjects and events that are still parts of ongoing investigations will be formally acknowledged by the AG’s office as being off the table for Mueller, blahblahblah. Just a TON of preliminary work between the two offices to double and triple check EVERYTHING before Mueller can do it, that’s why I was hopeful on February. However, I also believe this situation is fluid and organic and constantly changing. I fucking hope to hell it’s in February because I can’t fathom this going on for two more years, but it is what it is. Whether the Senate does their duty or not, I’m here to fight like hell no matter how long this takes. Years if I must, and I know you all will too.

Trump and the GOP vastly underestimated the patriotism and outrage of a huge chunk of Americans. I’ll fight til I can’t fight anymore (6 ft under). FUCK Trump and fuck the GOP. Oh, and FUCK Rudy too!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 360January 18, 2019 4:30 PM

On a different note, has Nancy done anything fun today? I’m very curious as to how she will respond to that airplane debacle. The best response might be no response — give him nothing, then he loses media attention on it, and Nancy waits to pounce at the next opportunity and she then continues controlling the media narrative.

by Anonymousreply 361January 18, 2019 4:32 PM

My Unpopular Opinion is that Putin did the US a big favor by stopping the adoptions. A lot of those kids (but certainly not all) were completely fucked up and would never become functioning citizens. Either because of the alcohol their mothers consumed while pregnant, or because of the bad treatment and care they received in Russian orphanages.

by Anonymousreply 362January 18, 2019 4:32 PM

Yes yes r362, now back to the topic.

by Anonymousreply 363January 18, 2019 4:44 PM

[quote]On a different note, has Nancy done anything fun today?

Pelosi planned to take a commercial flight to Afghanistan since Trump pulled the government plane. But the Trump administration leaked the details of it early this morning, making it unsafe from a security standpoint. A reporter challenged Nancy this morning:

"The White House has denied the leak."

Nancy: "I rest my case."

by Anonymousreply 364January 18, 2019 4:47 PM

Natasha Bertrand:

NEW: In a shift, Dems will not necessarily wait for Mueller's findings to launch impeachment proceedings, I'm told. Barr's refusal to commit to publicizing Mueller's findings combined w/Trump potentially suborning perjury has created new sense of urgency.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 365January 18, 2019 4:51 PM

Question: can a President be impeached more than once? Meaning, if the House impeaches him but the Senate doesn't, can the process start over again if there's more evidence supporting full impeachment?

by Anonymousreply 366January 18, 2019 4:59 PM

r366, Yes.

by Anonymousreply 367January 18, 2019 5:04 PM

That’s a great question r366. Anyone? I would say yes.

by Anonymousreply 368January 18, 2019 5:04 PM

Not Miz Lindzey's South Carolina; it's South Dakota showing the Kavanaugh fever. It's been four months since Kavanaugh was confirmed. The GOP (Government of Putty) still wants to celebrate him rather than focus on the shutdown. At least some are calling them on their behavior.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 369January 18, 2019 5:05 PM

BREAKING: Susan Collins is concerned!

Susan Collins tells @tedbarrettcnn she’s still undecided on the Bill Barr nomination for attorney general.

by Anonymousreply 370January 18, 2019 5:06 PM

Someone should set her on fire. That would be a real concern, yes?

by Anonymousreply 371January 18, 2019 5:09 PM

R370 No one told her she's not the deciding vote anymore.

by Anonymousreply 372January 18, 2019 5:09 PM

I really have to say I am love love loving this thread title.

We used to talk about getting together at a bar (in DC I think?) and I really hope we do and I really hope OP shows up so I can buy them a drink.

Seriously, OP time and time again your titles are spot on. It takes someone sharp and funny to come up with some of these (I know some of them have been suggested but I think the majority you've come up with?) and it tells me you'd be cool as fuck to know and someone I'd be down to hang out with.

Anyway just wanted to say thanks and let you know I'm a fan! These threads have been a life saver!

by Anonymousreply 373January 18, 2019 5:13 PM

Yeah old Sue acts like she's important. Fuck her.

Amy Klobucher may be just was need. I really can't see her getting a nickname or getting in the mud with Trump. I think she could be a untouchable opponent. Assuming he is still pres that is!

by Anonymousreply 374January 18, 2019 5:13 PM

Is the OP a local DC gay?

by Anonymousreply 375January 18, 2019 5:14 PM

On the Stormy front....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 376January 18, 2019 5:15 PM

[quote]Is the OP a local DC gay?

I don't know. I just remember someone on here mentioned we should all get together when it's all over and some bar in DC was suggested. Maybe that was OP?

by Anonymousreply 377January 18, 2019 5:21 PM

r329, Thank you DC Gay Guy!

by Anonymousreply 378January 18, 2019 5:22 PM

Yeah, thanks for the info. I'm assuming that the "source" basically just reads the paper and then reports back a few days later with the news and sometimes confirms with a smirk.

by Anonymousreply 379January 18, 2019 5:24 PM

I agree R373. OP seems like the kind of person you want to know.

I used to want to get in line to blow the Poll Troll but I'll happily move myself over to OPs queue.

by Anonymousreply 380January 18, 2019 5:26 PM

Collins wants to give another theatrical performance like when she declared she's voting for Kavanaugh. She and Miss Lindsey love the camera and drama. .

She makes a display of waffling and concern about tough votes; knowing all-along how she intends to vote.

If one is not comfortable will a matter, you vote "no". Maine voters should know by now the game she's playing.

by Anonymousreply 381January 18, 2019 5:27 PM

R302, Emily Jane somebody...writes for VF. I like her.

by Anonymousreply 382January 18, 2019 5:31 PM

Bar? Did someone say Bar(r)? I wonder if he drinks.

by Anonymousreply 383January 18, 2019 5:38 PM

Stormy isn't going away.

Trump calling her "horseface", makes her more determined.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 384January 18, 2019 5:39 PM

I respectfully disagree, r362.

I know a lesbian couple who adopted two Russian orphans years ago. Yes, they’ve had issues, but are totally worth it. I’m very happy to know them & have no doubt they’ll be successful in life.

by Anonymousreply 385January 18, 2019 5:42 PM

Trump could be huddled with Steve Miller and Sarah Sanders, at this point in time, and on the speakerphones with Sean Hannity and Roger Stone, trying to think up a nasty nickname to call Nancy Pelosi. Of course they are not trying to resolve the shut-down.

by Anonymousreply 386January 18, 2019 5:45 PM

What's the deal with the Trumpies' obsession with Russian adoption? Do they think they can win their existential demographic war with "Mexicans" by importing white babies?

by Anonymousreply 387January 18, 2019 5:47 PM

R374 "Yeah old Sue acts like she's important. Fuck her."

Leave that p-p-p-poorrrr woman a-l-l-l-lone!

by Anonymousreply 388January 18, 2019 5:48 PM

If OP's commitment to these threads is any indication he'd make an excellent boyfriend!

I mean that in the best way possible.

by Anonymousreply 389January 18, 2019 5:50 PM

Surely there's a bar in NYC that caters to elderly cross-dressers. Rudy needs to get his ass down there and chill. Sick of hearing about his shit-flinging on the wall.

by Anonymousreply 390January 18, 2019 5:56 PM

The Treason is about to hit the fan.

by Anonymousreply 391January 18, 2019 5:58 PM

No way out ...

by Anonymousreply 392January 18, 2019 6:05 PM

Reminder: for those interested, Bill Maher's show is back tonight after a two-month hiatus.

by Anonymousreply 393January 18, 2019 6:06 PM

Compromised Susan hasn't received her marching orders from the Kremlin yet. They aren't really sure what to do given that Barr has basically said Trump has committed an impeachable offense.

by Anonymousreply 394January 18, 2019 6:24 PM

THIS is why Republicans always tried to diminish Speaker Pelosi by casting doubts on everything from her age to her wealth. No real Democrat over the age of 13 ever believed that bullshit, because we witnessed better with our own eyes and our own ears.

You can't out-yell a sociopath or fight crazy with more crazy. She knows their game and plays it better, picking up the undecideds along the way. Go, Nancy.

.@GarrettHaake: "Do you view this as retaliation for your letter about the State of the Union?"

Speaker Pelosi: “I would hope not. I don’t think the president would be that petty, do you?"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 395January 18, 2019 6:29 PM

from Senator Jeff Merkley

Merkley Reveals Secret Trump Administration Plan to Create Border Crisis

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 396January 18, 2019 6:52 PM

The "do you?" is perfect there.

by Anonymousreply 397January 18, 2019 6:52 PM

It is r397. It's almost a campaign slogan.

by Anonymousreply 398January 18, 2019 6:56 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 399January 18, 2019 7:31 PM

[quote]from Senator Jeff Merkley

Merkley has formally requested the FBI investigate whether DHS Secretary Kirstjen Nielsen lied under oath to Congress.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 400January 18, 2019 7:35 PM

R399 Trump is getting more jowly like Nixon everyday.

by Anonymousreply 401January 18, 2019 7:44 PM

I would love to see Kjersten Nielsson hanged on the White House front lawn for crimes against humanity. She is a Nazi cunt.

by Anonymousreply 402January 18, 2019 7:47 PM

Doris and Marjie, two blue-haired women, were at the end of the breakfast counter this morning. Doris says it is the devil that is causing all these attacks and problems on Trump and his sweet, lovely wife.

Sitting across the counter I interjected, acting confused, and asked "which of his wives are you referring to?"

Doris looked backed at me annoyed and sternly said "you know who I am talking about.". Marjie added, speaking directly to Doris and ignoring me, "I am not worried, Jesus is going to step in and stop Hillary, that Bill, Obama, and that Peelosi woman from destroying this good man".

I don't know the two very well, but they are regulars at the restaurant. Both are in their 70s and big-time evangelicals, usually gossiping about other members of their chuch. They love their preacher.

The older waitress heard the exchange and winked at me with amusement.

by Anonymousreply 403January 18, 2019 7:52 PM

r403, if one of them had been named Nancy, I would swear you were talking about my mother.

by Anonymousreply 404January 18, 2019 7:57 PM

Dotard is now saying hel’ll have a second meeting with Kim Jong by the end of February.

by Anonymousreply 405January 18, 2019 7:58 PM

Nancy was working, she is always working, that is something that Trump can not figure out. He thinks everyone is as lazy and stupid as he is.

by Anonymousreply 406January 18, 2019 7:59 PM

Richard Nixon and his cohorts did some shameful, rotten acts and broke the law. However, compared to DJT and his fellow scoundrels, Nixon could be viewed as near personally decent. Even prosecutors that are living and worked on the Nixon investigation, note that. Nixon didn't conspire with a hostile foreign power to swing an election, do its bidding, and launder money.

by Anonymousreply 407January 18, 2019 8:09 PM

Michael Cohen legal advisor @LannyDavis tells @AriMelber Trump's threats have made Cohen reconsider testifying before Congress:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 408January 18, 2019 8:09 PM

Of course Trump thought nothing of asking Cohen to lie. He ask everyone to lie and lowlife Sarah Sanders loves nothing better than to lie for him.

by Anonymousreply 409January 18, 2019 8:09 PM

Lanny Davis is a brilliant legal and political strategist. Cohen hiring him was a smart move.

by Anonymousreply 410January 18, 2019 8:13 PM

Trumps crimes are never ending. That is why Ivanka and Jared moved to Washington with him, to see if they could help cover all those crimes up. He was so full of himself...he read Republicans right. Putin helped Trump with that, he knew who he already owned.

by Anonymousreply 411January 18, 2019 8:15 PM

The tide is finally starting to turn. Hang in there, kids. It’s going to be a bumpy ride but we will come back from this. All those traitors in congress will pay for what they’ve done.

The February troll will go down as a legend. It seems to be leading up to a crescendo. We must be getting close.

by Anonymousreply 412January 18, 2019 8:24 PM

Too late, Michael. What is this, the end of The Godfather, Part II?

by Anonymousreply 413January 18, 2019 8:24 PM

Giuliani says Cohen is a liar

Trump says Cohen’s a rat

You can’t get ratted out by a [italic] liar [/italic]

by Anonymousreply 414January 18, 2019 8:25 PM

R414 Deplorable logic is illogical.

by Anonymousreply 415January 18, 2019 8:53 PM

Ditch the Mitch!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 416January 18, 2019 8:55 PM

Thank you R403, you’re actually doing God’s work. Deep down they know the truth. They can’t deal with it but they know.

by Anonymousreply 417January 18, 2019 9:02 PM

Lanny Davis on MTP with Chuck Toad right now will not confirm or deny the Buzzfeed report.

by Anonymousreply 418January 18, 2019 9:05 PM

R396 is stunning!

I am speechless right now.

I mean, we KNEW this was done to create chaos, but to have proof show up...

by Anonymousreply 419January 18, 2019 9:07 PM

R403 - Great story, thanks.

You have a lot more restraint than I do. I would’ve asked those gossip mongers your “which wife” question until they dropped dead, head first, into their oatmeal.

by Anonymousreply 420January 18, 2019 9:10 PM

How Jared Kushner Tried to Stop Me From Running the Trump Transition

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 421January 18, 2019 9:11 PM

R396, it's one thing to, on ad hoc basis, separate families, that then leads to unfortunate death of children, but for it to have been planned, is atrocious. But, then again, I always remember seeing the picture of that child in Vietnam, on fire, crying, and realise that American Presidents have always, neligently, caused the death of children. In view of that, I am not surprised.

by Anonymousreply 422January 18, 2019 9:14 PM

I know it’s a big news day (isn’t every day?) but that story at r396 needs to be getting more traction. Nielsen, Miller and Trump need to be brought before the fucking Hague for this crap.

by Anonymousreply 423January 18, 2019 9:17 PM

r403...you should have asked them where their guardian was....people that stupid should not be walking around in public unescorted.

by Anonymousreply 424January 18, 2019 9:21 PM

Weren’t they taught any manners? You shouldn’t be shouting political opinions across the room. It’s so trashy.

by Anonymousreply 425January 18, 2019 9:25 PM

403 you should have complimented them for their faithful, dogged devotion to their anti-Christ.

by Anonymousreply 426January 18, 2019 9:33 PM

Wait until their social security is on the line. They will be singing a different tune then. Without that, they wouldn’t be so uppity and look down on others.

by Anonymousreply 427January 18, 2019 9:37 PM

What do you gay men think about these drapes I am contemplating having purchased? Many of you are good at interior decorating. I am anticipating moving to a very grand residence soon and want everything to be perfect. Note though, I am not into so much hideous gold; and holiday time, massive red in the foyers and hallways are tacky, freaky, and clash. I prefer the wholesome, family look. Friends and family visiting from Indiana need to feel at home. Thanking you in advance for your aesthetic tips.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 428January 18, 2019 9:39 PM

Gay NYT columnist Frank Bruni, whose political take I've really come to respect and enjoy, has a column today about how it's becoming more and more clear that were in "The Producers" territory: Trump never intended to win, kept getting more and more outrageous in order to ensure that he would not win, saw the whole election as a great marketing scheme that would make him even more of a household name, and was shell-shocked when he won. (Bruni's theory is that if Trump had actually thought he might win he would have at least tried to pretty up some of his unsavory business dealings--several Trump biographers-Michael Lewis and Michael Wolff-are quoted as saying the same, e.g., that Trump did not even consider that he might win.)

It's a tough theory to embrace in that the corollary is that Hillary was such a horrible candidate that she managed to lose to a man who was trying to lose (hence "The Producers" reference."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 429January 18, 2019 9:40 PM

FUCK off, R429. It’s like you’re wilfully ignoring the overwhelming evidence of Putin election interference.

Further, you seem to have forgotten that Hillary beat Trumpo by 3 million votes.

Take your Russian “Producers” theory and fuck off (by your reasoning, BernieBro, what does it say about Bernie, who was so poor of a candidate he lost by 4 million votes to a woman who couldn’t beat a guy who didn’t want to win?).

🦆 YOU.

by Anonymousreply 430January 18, 2019 9:45 PM

Bullshit, r429. Trump was in it to win. He and his campaign sure as fuck didn't collude with Russia to LOSE.

by Anonymousreply 431January 18, 2019 9:50 PM

I posted this in the shutdown thread but I wanted to add to r403's observations.

I am a federal employee forced to work without pay. There are two old, fat white men deplorables on our team.

One is refusing to show up for work. The other is so mad he bitches to anyone who will listen and is growing more angry at the traitor every day.

He apparently was paying close attention over the holiday when the GOP house AND senate had signed the funding bill and took it to the dotard to sign and the dotard refused.

He actually blames the dotard for not signing the GOP bill he said he would in December.

by Anonymousreply 432January 18, 2019 9:57 PM

Deplorables know the gig is up. They will admit it when they are calm and you catch them off guard. Not explicit but in subtle ways. They basically say “well I had two bad choices blah blah blah...” but they know.

Now the fun thing to do is tease and torment them like they did us. I’m relentless. I work with a few and interact with a few and I troll them incessantly. They lady who works the fuel mart that I frequent is a deplorable and she has become a mute. On all things political. Not a peep. Huge change.

The writing is on the wall and the deplorables know it.

by Anonymousreply 433January 18, 2019 10:01 PM

I TOTALLY agree r433. I really believe that we need to leverage their position to our best interest — kick them when they’re down. This is our chance to drive home the point that being ignorant and uneducated is shameful and unAmerican for starters.

by Anonymousreply 434January 18, 2019 10:04 PM

FWIW R430, the two theories are not incompatible.

Trump didn't think he was going to win, Putin played to Trump's greed and vanity by let him think he was offering him help to get his hotel off the ground post-election while working to ensure that the most incompetent man in history actually won the election, undermining the United States.

As for Sanders, it says a lot about Hillary's weakness that a 70 year old Jewish socialist with impractical ideas who was not even a Democrat was able to win several large states (Michigan) and a huge percentage of the youth vote--white, college-educated voters under 30 gave him Stalinesque victory margins with over 80% of the vote.

by Anonymousreply 435January 18, 2019 10:05 PM

Susann Collins will end her career by inadvertently doing a Katherine Hepburn imitation while she gives a speech to the Senate entitled, "On Golden Showers".

by Anonymousreply 436January 18, 2019 10:07 PM

I agree with what you’re saying about Trump r435. And we are posters fighting about that point, I don’t understand the outrage? I have yet to hear ANYONE suggest Putindudnt play a huge role, we all know that! And whatever was driving Trump to run, he’s still a piece of shit.

by Anonymousreply 437January 18, 2019 10:12 PM

R435, Hillary crushed Putin-fellow-traveler Sanders by 4 million votes.

F&F now that you’ve clearly revealed yourself, troll.

by Anonymousreply 438January 18, 2019 10:16 PM

Who the hell cares if Trump wanted to be president or not? This presidency is still something that's unholy and evil.

by Anonymousreply 439January 18, 2019 10:18 PM

Putin put Russian resources at Trump's disposal prior to and during the campaign because he intended for Trump to win. Trump and Trump's henchmen all knew this and worked to make it happen. Trump wanted Russia's money. And Putin wanted Trump to lift the sanctions - which Trump had to be elected President in order to do. No President Trump, no sanctions lifted, no Russian Trump Tower.

by Anonymousreply 440January 18, 2019 10:19 PM

Hey a ticket with Klobuchar and Harris is a win for me no matter who's on top. I love them both. I love Elizabeth Warren too, but I'm voting for who ever the nominee is.

by Anonymousreply 441January 18, 2019 10:19 PM

Trump to make a "major announcement about the humanitarian crisis at the border" and the government shutdown at 3 pm Saturday.

by Anonymousreply 442January 18, 2019 10:20 PM

Let me guess, R442... national emergency about to be declared.

by Anonymousreply 443January 18, 2019 10:22 PM

R440 has nailed it. But IMO it went beyond sanctions. Trump is Putin's asset long term. His pulling out of Syria, the trade wars the tariffs, and so many other moves are all to Putin's benefit. Let's not even talk about Trump attacking NATO, threatening to pull out, the support of extreme Right leaders worldwide including South America where Putin has a foothold. Yes. South America.

by Anonymousreply 444January 18, 2019 10:22 PM

The vote was fixed in 2016 and in 2018, for the Senate. Trump needed the Senate.

by Anonymousreply 445January 18, 2019 10:22 PM

Thank you r329! Your info is always appreciated by a lot of us here.

by Anonymousreply 446January 18, 2019 10:22 PM

I would imagine, R443. Which is fine with me, it gets people back to work and lawsuits against the emergency declaration filed immediately, so the wall will never get built.

by Anonymousreply 447January 18, 2019 10:23 PM

R387, see R325 for an explanation about why “adoption” keeps coming up.

by Anonymousreply 448January 18, 2019 10:23 PM

Republicans in congress REALLY don't want Trump to declare a national emergency, because of the precedent it will set for future presidents.

by Anonymousreply 449January 18, 2019 10:26 PM

David Frum:

Declaring a national emergency as a way to spend $5 billion without congressional authorization is also spectacularly unpopular: 51-36 against; 41-20 strongly against

by Anonymousreply 450January 18, 2019 10:27 PM

Deplorables must be given enough rope to hang thrnsekves. Trump is the rope.

by Anonymousreply 451January 18, 2019 10:30 PM

They already have.

by Anonymousreply 452January 18, 2019 10:43 PM

[quote]As for Sanders ... he won a huge percentage of the youth vote--white, college-educated voters under 30 gave him Stalinesque victory margins with over 80% of the vote.

I assume you do not mean that Bernie won his votes by force and intimidation.

Yeah, that Bernie was EVERY BIT AS GOOD AS STALIN.

by Anonymousreply 453January 18, 2019 10:44 PM

LOL

Meaning that outside of communist systems it is very rare for candidates to win by margins of that size.

by Anonymousreply 454January 18, 2019 10:47 PM

Moscow Mitch created this...never forget!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 455January 18, 2019 11:03 PM

Jake Tapper will be having Tulsi Gabbard and Kirsten Gillibrand on his Sunday show. They have their favorites. One once strongly opposed gay rights, the other led a bandwagon to rid Al Franken from the Senate. There are, and will be, better Democratic candidates running.

by Anonymousreply 456January 18, 2019 11:04 PM

Half the GOP should be jailed for obstruction.

by Anonymousreply 457January 18, 2019 11:06 PM

[quote]Meaning that outside of communist systems it is very rare for candidates to win by margins of that size.

You are forgetting to mention in this statement that when you say size you are speaking of a particular subset/particular group of numbers.

You're also failing to mention that Hillary Clinton routinely beat Sanders in several states (about 17) by over 60% of the total number of votes - meaning she kicked his ass.

by Anonymousreply 458January 18, 2019 11:09 PM

Half, R457? You're awful generous.

by Anonymousreply 459January 18, 2019 11:11 PM

And let's not forget that Hillary didn't have to steal Bernie's data or illegally use campaign funds to stalk the Pope to give him that ass kicking.

by Anonymousreply 460January 18, 2019 11:11 PM

Mitch has a spouse in the Cabinet, a brother-in-law with a senior job at the Department of Labor, and another relative with a political appointment in the federal government.

As with ex-Clerk Kim Davis, nepotism must run deep for those from Kentucky in government jobs.

by Anonymousreply 461January 18, 2019 11:12 PM

Notice the Bernie shouter is a cookie clearing troll.

by Anonymousreply 462January 18, 2019 11:12 PM

RICO, r457, and have been saying that from the beginning. The whole Republican Party leadership is a criminal enterprise.

by Anonymousreply 463January 18, 2019 11:14 PM

Mitch makes me smelly down there.

by Anonymousreply 464January 18, 2019 11:15 PM

Sanders should never have been a viable candidate.

Hillary did very well with some groups--older black women--but her problems with Millennials remained an issue.

Winning by over 60% of the vote is a normal margin of victory. Winning by over 80% indicates there's a problem.

Why does pointing that out anger so many of you and make you immediately default to shreiking "BERNIE BRO!!!" "TROLL!!!"

Do you live in Flyoverstani villages where the Deplorable castes taunt you about the 2016 elections on a regular basis?

Do you have hipster dudebro friends who mock you for supporting Hillary still?

I mean two years later, you'd think we could discuss this rationally. On a board for gay men where there are no Republicans.

by Anonymousreply 465January 18, 2019 11:18 PM

It's sort of funny that two of the bigger news items in this whole thing were broken by Buzzfeed.

by Anonymousreply 466January 18, 2019 11:19 PM

[quote] Winning by over 80% indicates there's a problem.

And he didn't. But once again convenient that you're leaving out that the number you're using is a particular subset from a total number.

I'm sorry you don't understand in reality - he wasn't a viable candidate and that you can't get over that she kicked his ass....

by Anonymousreply 467January 18, 2019 11:21 PM

The irony of the troll claiming people can't get over something.

by Anonymousreply 468January 18, 2019 11:22 PM

Bernie Sanders did NOT win one southern state Democratic primary. He also had Russkies and far right operatives on social media promoting him and helping to generate rally crowds for him while suppressing the black vote in certain locales. Republicans largely avoided criticizing him. He and Jane were not that special. Financially, a lot of questions surround that campaign.

by Anonymousreply 469January 18, 2019 11:23 PM

And despite all the help he got R469, she still kicked his ass.

by Anonymousreply 470January 18, 2019 11:24 PM

This one went quick. Any new title suggestions for threads?

by Anonymousreply 471January 18, 2019 11:25 PM

[quote]....Graham may be 'compromised' because of his big flip for Trump. Sounds like they want something aggressively squelched.

I'll take "Miss Lindsey getting aggressively plowed by 3-5 300-pound black linebackers on 4K video" for $400, Alex.

by Anonymousreply 472January 18, 2019 11:27 PM

AND TAD DEVINE FOR FUCKS SAKE !....One of Manaforts Ukrainian associates.

by Anonymousreply 473January 18, 2019 11:29 PM

[quote]....Graham may be 'compromised' because of his big flip for Trump. Sounds like they want something aggressively squelched.

A tape of Graham being aggressively felched. Then returning the favor.

by Anonymousreply 474January 18, 2019 11:31 PM

r442, He's trying to change the subject from what's come out in the last few days.

And knowing our media it will probably work.

by Anonymousreply 475January 18, 2019 11:38 PM

It is really interesting when stuff like this comes out he doesn't scream, "Fake News!!!" He screams it about every other truth that's told about him.

So why isn't he trying it with this news? Or is someone sitting on him while someone else keeps his phone away?

by Anonymousreply 476January 18, 2019 11:51 PM

Why do they have to be black r472, you're not being racist are you?

by Anonymousreply 477January 18, 2019 11:52 PM

So Mueller issues a statement about Cohens congressional testimony....NOTE...Mueller DID NOT deny...he only said the description of the evidence is not accurate.

by Anonymousreply 478January 18, 2019 11:54 PM

Senate Republicans, minus eleven, sure are enthralled with that Deripaska guy. With what's known, that's shocking and shows the depth of Putty's penetration into the U S. government. Three-fourths of the Republican party's apparatus is under his direct influence in certain ways.

by Anonymousreply 479January 18, 2019 11:54 PM

"BuzzFeed's description of specific statements to the Special Counsel's Office, and characterization of documents and testimony obtained by this office, regarding Michael Cohen's Congressional testimony are not accurate."

~ Counsel spokesman Peter Carr

by Anonymousreply 480January 18, 2019 11:56 PM

Not to mention that they infiltrated the NRA and Evangelical Christians groups which drive the GOP.

by Anonymousreply 481January 18, 2019 11:56 PM

Bernie's role in this is not getting the attention it deserves. He was one of only 2 to vote against the original Russian sanctions. WTF???????

Pres Bone Spurs is now doing another huge distraction by making this huge "announcement" tomorrow and said Pelosi may want to hear it. He is textbook with the distracting tool and it is so poorly done and obvious.

Pelosi is getting to him in a big way.

by Anonymousreply 482January 18, 2019 11:58 PM

Thank you r480.....and it needs to be said again....NOTE...Mueller DID NOT deny...he only said the description of the evidence is not accurate.

by Anonymousreply 483January 18, 2019 11:59 PM

I love that Mueller did that. It's almost as if he's trolling Bone Spurs.

by Anonymousreply 484January 19, 2019 12:00 AM

He better be announcing that Mexico is sending pesos for the wall.

by Anonymousreply 485January 19, 2019 12:02 AM

Bernie lost the minority and female vote across the country. He only won the white male vote and as a result got trounced in the primary.

Bernie Lost:

Hispanics

Females in general

African Americans

Asian Americans

He might have won the Arab-American vote since historically they vote Republican. The trend only reversing in the last two elections.

Jews

by Anonymousreply 486January 19, 2019 12:08 AM

Mueller is only releasing this statement because the Senate wrote to Mueller today and asked that he immediately turn over evidence of what Cohens claiming ...Whether its part of his report or not. Why are these idiot reporters not noting that ?

by Anonymousreply 487January 19, 2019 12:10 AM

Buzzfeed is standing by their article. They put in the Muller denial but basically double down around it.

This is just to brush off the Senate request.

by Anonymousreply 488January 19, 2019 12:13 AM

What was the purpose of the Mueller statement?

by Anonymousreply 489January 19, 2019 12:27 AM

Juliette Kayyem says it's this, R499:

Clarity. For two years, stories, whether accurate or not, had no political consequences b/c Ryan didn't do anything. When House Dems start to take news stories as potential evidence to start essentially legal proceedings, Mueller's office has an interest in correcting.

by Anonymousreply 490January 19, 2019 12:28 AM

R490....however....if anything, news reports would be the start of an inquiry...ala Benghazi....hardly legal unless they uncover evidence...which they would. And Mueller didnt correct....he only said the description of certain things was not accurate.

by Anonymousreply 491January 19, 2019 12:33 AM

To be clear: Mueller is not disputing that Cohen says Trump told him to lie. He’s disputing the line about corroborating evidence taken from Trump Org emails, texts, etc. Still a huge deal. But not a total refutation. In fact, Cohen’s 11/30 memo says Trump directed him to lie.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 492January 19, 2019 12:38 AM

Calling on Miz Lindzey........

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 493January 19, 2019 12:39 AM

You just have to wonder -- how many of these idiots are going to go down with the ship?

by Anonymousreply 494January 19, 2019 12:43 AM

Good keep it out of the Senate's hands. What are they going to do with it anyway aside from turn it all over to Dotard.

by Anonymousreply 495January 19, 2019 12:43 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 496January 19, 2019 12:47 AM

I think the Mueller investigation comment had to do with the reporting that Cohen had "receipts". I don't think it's a piece of paper of any kind like email or memo or anything. I think it's a tape. Therefore, saying there was a paper trail or receipts is, technically, inaccurate.

by Anonymousreply 497January 19, 2019 1:10 AM

let's hope they ALL do, r494.

by Anonymousreply 498January 19, 2019 1:14 AM

DVR alert: For anyone interested, MeTV is showing the "Trackdown" episode that was in the news this past week because it features a character with a great resemblance to our current Con Artist-in-Chief. It airs tomorrow morning at 8 a.m. EST.

by Anonymousreply 499January 19, 2019 1:37 AM

Treason is going to get you

State of the Treasonous Union

Treasonal Emergency 🚨

by Anonymousreply 500January 19, 2019 2:08 AM

Treas de Resistance.

by Anonymousreply 501January 19, 2019 2:16 AM

Have we completely glossed over the fact that Michael Cohen showed up in court today with a black eye and arm in a sling??

He's claiming it was "scheduled shoulder surgery".

by Anonymousreply 502January 19, 2019 2:20 AM

He was talking when he should've been listening.

by Anonymousreply 503January 19, 2019 2:21 AM

What do you tell a Cohen with two black eyes?

Nothing, you already told the bitch twice!

by Anonymousreply 504January 19, 2019 2:23 AM

In related news, looks like Mueller isn't protecting Cohen.

Could be reasons for that of course. He's a pathological liar, so his value as a witness is low.

by Anonymousreply 505January 19, 2019 2:31 AM

Lying is for presidents, right r505?

Actually, he's an extremely valuable witness as we all know, including you, of course. Can't wait for that public hearing.

by Anonymousreply 506January 19, 2019 2:33 AM

[quote]Actually, he's an extremely valuable witness as we all know, including you, of course. Can't wait for that public hearing.

For the court of public opinion? Sure. As a witness in court not so much. Lawyers don't put demonstrated liars on the witness stand for very good reasons.

Now if Cohen's making accusations that are backed up by corroborating evidence (say, phone calls/texts), that's a different story. That can most certainly be used against Trumptio. But Cohen's word is useless against Trump by itself.

Sorry, that's just how the courts work.

MSNBC was just now saying that unless they have evidence in the form of communications, Cohen's testimony alone would be useless in an impeachment trial.

by Anonymousreply 507January 19, 2019 2:45 AM

Which is why we don't just rely on Courts for truth. It actually is a combination of what you are allowed to say in Court, all carefully circumscribed and full of objections and all sorts of obstacles to what may or may not be the truth, and public opinion, which is sometimes too loose but does allow for some actual to truth to slip out now and then.

We know that Trump is an inveterate liar. It's constant with him, it's not even a question any more. He lies as a hobby and pretty much as a profession. And his ex-lawyer, who did definitely lie on his behalf for many years, cause that is the job of being Trump's lawyer, or Trump's anything, but may be willing to tell the truth now. Should be interesting.

by Anonymousreply 508January 19, 2019 2:50 AM

Again, the fact that Bone Spurs didn't start screaming Fake News at the Buzzfeed article tells you all you need to know.

by Anonymousreply 509January 19, 2019 2:52 AM

[quote] You just have to wonder -- how many of these idiots are going to go down with the ship?

Scary but we all know most of them are corrupt, criminals. Traitors. I hope every possibility is covered including how to legally replace every expulsion due to criminal behaviour

You're right r509. Something has changed. Which makes me wonder about tomorrow.

by Anonymousreply 510January 19, 2019 2:58 AM

We do not know that no corroborating evidence exists for the subornation of perjury claims, and I don't know why people are assuming that it doesn't. Mueller's statement fell far short of saying that there was no supporting evidence.

And lawyers put liars on the stand every day of the week, when they can show that the witness now has every incentive to tell the truth.

by Anonymousreply 511January 19, 2019 3:05 AM

i don't know that we are assuming anything, r511. there are big questions, and we will work through them in the next few months, especially once the impeachment begins.

by Anonymousreply 512January 19, 2019 3:06 AM

Any predictions for tomorrow's announcement?

by Anonymousreply 513January 19, 2019 3:26 AM

emergency bullshit, and then the bitch gets slapped down, and we all have a good laugh, r513

by Anonymousreply 514January 19, 2019 3:27 AM

Treasons of Love-in honor of the live Rent telecast next Sunday night?

by Anonymousreply 515January 19, 2019 3:46 AM

R515 that was already used early on. See R3.

by Anonymousreply 516January 19, 2019 4:24 AM

CNN and MSNBC collectively used the word “impeach” nearly 200 times on Friday before the Special Counsel’s office disputed a bombshell report by BuzzFeed News.

CNN mentioned impeachment 82 times while MSNBC mentioned it a whopping 97 times.

While some anchors and pundits hedged that the BuzzFeed story could only lead to impeachment proceedings “if true,” others repeated the story more uncritically and suggested that the president would be forced to resign and might even face obstruction of justice charges.

MSNBC’s Katy Tur, for example, stated at the top of her show that “Donald Trump is facing the most damming report to date for his presidency. A story that could lead to his impeachment.”

MSNBC host Chris Matthews Matthews was perhaps the most eager cable television host to prop up BuzzFeed’s report, even insisting after the Special Counsel’s office’s statement that, “not accurate … it doesn’t mean it’s not true.”

by Anonymousreply 517January 19, 2019 4:36 AM

Every surprise announcement from the White House freaks me out.

by Anonymousreply 518January 19, 2019 4:40 AM

Lindsey is in Turkey. Hammams... Maybe a rendezvous with one of the Spaniards who usually work Dubai?

by Anonymousreply 519January 19, 2019 4:46 AM

R519, did he fly commercial or did Cheetolini let him use official government planes? Hope someone finds out.

R517, that's a lot of words for no point. You could just type "NO COLLUSION" and be done with it. Did you happen to read the article in The Atlantic that they were all talking about? I doubt it. Go back to your Trump licking.

by Anonymousreply 520January 19, 2019 4:51 AM

R520, government plane. He left before the halt.

by Anonymousreply 521January 19, 2019 4:55 AM

R521, he was just at the hearings earlier this week. He had to have flown in the last two days. Melania and Lindsey fly on government planes but the second in line to the presidency is grounded by the giant pouting baby in the White House. Trump's transparency is actually hilarious.

by Anonymousreply 522January 19, 2019 5:00 AM

I’m goddamn glad they’re using the word impeach over and over r517. Rudy is trying to numb the public to Orange Marmalade’s high crimes, like a pedophile grooming their victim for abuse? Well, we are doing the same, grooming the public to become so comfortable with hearing Impeachment that when Congress *does* vote to Impeach him, the public will already be over it. Both sides can play and inoculate the public reaction — it works both ways.

And we do need to talk about how to foment division in their ranks. Strike now while their weakness is exposed. Turn their own PsyOps right back at them. Anyone remember the name of the AA gentleman who is running an organization that tracks all of these stories and helps manipulate social media? They are citizen online activists who do deep-dive research, but all as volunteers. He worked for the Obama campaign I believe, and I think the article on him was in either Business Insider or Bloomberg News. We need more of this.

by Anonymousreply 523January 19, 2019 6:57 AM

Knicks star Enes Kanter wants some face time with Lindsey Graham.

Getting an appointment with Lindsey nowadays must be really tough though.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 524January 19, 2019 9:25 AM

Thank you R523!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 525January 19, 2019 11:23 AM

I completely agree with R523. Let's use impeachment over and over again so the public becomes used to it by the time it happens. This traitorous felon belongs in jail, not in the White House.

by Anonymousreply 526January 19, 2019 12:51 PM

[quote] Lindsey is in Turkey.

And they said I couldn't get any action in a Turkish prison at midnight. I guess I showed those wiseacres.

by Anonymousreply 527January 19, 2019 1:05 PM

Russian State TV Honoring 8 of Their 42 American Senatorial Assets

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 528January 19, 2019 1:10 PM

The QAnons are revealing that THIS is where Mueller reveals himself as working with Trump to take down the Deep State - AS THEY KNEW ALL ALONG!

They feel this is the vindication.

I feel sick.

by Anonymousreply 529January 19, 2019 1:27 PM

why do we care about QAnon? They're fucking loons.

by Anonymousreply 530January 19, 2019 1:34 PM

They are still at it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 531January 19, 2019 1:40 PM

R528

Execute them all.

by Anonymousreply 532January 19, 2019 1:41 PM

When is his distraction announcement scheduled for?

by Anonymousreply 533January 19, 2019 3:29 PM

r533.....Its now 4:00 pm

by Anonymousreply 534January 19, 2019 3:30 PM

Well he's going to the air force base to greet the coffins of the four dead Americans killed in Syria by ISIS. More PR. He's definitely going to be doing as much propaganda as possible to stay in the news and be seen by his followers as "presidential."

Here's the thing. I love Pelosi and I think the Democrats were masterful in the 2018 midterms at every level. But I hope their strategists are at least two steps ahead of the Republicans. I'll give you an example. Nancy wrote a letter to Trump telling him that until the gov't was reopened the SOTU speech should be rescheduled. He retaliates by breaching national security and endangering the lives of members of Congress who were going to a war zone, by cancelling their trip as they were heading to the fucking airport.

That's low. But I'm glad he did it. Because he has now set the bar so that Pelosi and other members, especially the newer members, understand what they're dealing with. Behind the scenes I'm sure Pelosi and Schumer and the veterans who have their own sources internally in various departments, they know stuff we may never hear about. But now the public and other, newer members of Congress can see what a fucking monster he truly is and deal with him accordingly. Personally I'd ignore the fucker and focus all attention on McConnell. And I'd never plan a trip right now, until they get a new Secretary of Defense and get rid of that fucking lobbyist who's a toady and a placeholder.

by Anonymousreply 535January 19, 2019 3:45 PM

suddenly I find myself thinking about Turkish oil wrestling.

by Anonymousreply 536January 19, 2019 4:04 PM

Just the thought of our Miss Lindsey, all greased up and ready to go, makes me want to vomit.

by Anonymousreply 537January 19, 2019 4:10 PM

R535, Agree that Congress and Senate members must make McConnell feel hotter heat. Ignore Trump's game, and press McConnell. McConnell is suppose to work for "the people", not as Trump's stooge. If there's a veto, push for an override.

by Anonymousreply 538January 19, 2019 4:14 PM

And now that fuck head Pence is saying it is deeply offensive for people to criticize his wife for her job at the anti-LGBTQ school.

Fuck off, closet case.

by Anonymousreply 539January 19, 2019 4:22 PM

Between Pence and Graham, I can't decide who I want to be outed more.

by Anonymousreply 540January 19, 2019 4:45 PM

She's back in Turkey again?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 541January 19, 2019 4:48 PM

R523 is spot on - drive that word impeachment into people’s brains so that when it comes it’s not an OMG THE DEMS ARE DESTROYING THE COUNTRY moment but rather “the Dems are doing their job to save the country” moment.

by Anonymousreply 542January 19, 2019 4:56 PM

Pence, his Frau wife and their bigotry offend ME

by Anonymousreply 543January 19, 2019 5:18 PM

Love this.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 544January 19, 2019 5:41 PM

R544 I'd rather that pie go to Mama Pence.

by Anonymousreply 545January 19, 2019 5:43 PM

How is the BuzzFeed release different?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 546January 19, 2019 5:47 PM

Buzzfeed's release states what the evidence is / where they got it from.

by Anonymousreply 547January 19, 2019 5:52 PM

I didn't realize Bone Spurs addressed the Buzzfeed article this morning --- and still failed to call it Fake News.

by Anonymousreply 548January 19, 2019 5:58 PM

Yes r542, we need to pound that word into people’s brains, and Dems must repeat phrases that frame this battle correctly. The sound bites. Whether Dems are ready to pull the trigger on Impeachment *this week* doesn’t matter — we’ve crossed the line now in terms of conversation. It’s here. It’s the conversation now, it’s the discourse, it’s the water cooler talk, you can’t put the genie back in the bottle. So even if they must wait a couple more weeks to Impeach, the conversation is CRITICAL as are the sound bites and the framing of the case for the Average Joe. We will have a small window to drive the narrative, it could be as small as a week or two, we have to set up the shot.

The GOP and Russia will be doing every single thing imaginable to drive the narrative. We’ve GOT to stay ahead of them. And what each of us must do is help the Dems in our circles of coworkers friends and families by driving the right narrative. Yes, you can make a difference just by influencing your circles of contacts. Remember, this really is a PsyOps game, and whomever controls the message wins! Prepare your contacts that Impeachment is coming, and that Impeachment is not only necessary to save our country, but that Impeachment is a mother fucking GIFT to Trump!!! He deserves to be tarred, feathered, and hung. Again, impeachment is the humane way to treat this level of treachery — he deserves far worse, so it is a fucking GIFT. Reframe everything. Yes, it’s terrible our country is going through this, but Trump and the GOP and Russia did this!!! Dems are the heroes, the Rethugs are traitors — keep saying it. Let’s be thankful we have the balls to stand up for what right, and the sooner we get it over with, the faster we can move forward. Keep saying that too — the only remedy for treason is Impeachment, and the longer we drag this out, the more damage to our country.

by Anonymousreply 549January 19, 2019 6:02 PM

WaPo reporting that Twitler will offer some sort of reprieve on DACA (Dreamers program) in exchange for $5.7 billion for his wall when he addresses the nation at 4PM Eastern today.

With the giant caveat that the only thing that's certain with Trump is that nothing is certain.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 550January 19, 2019 6:03 PM

BuzzFeed’s article had alleged, citing two unnamed law enforcement officials involved in an investigation of the Trump Tower Moscow effort, that Trump told Cohen to lie to Congress under oath, about negotiations with Russians to build a Trump Tower in Moscow, saying they had ended before the primaries in the U.S. presidential election.

The sentencing document simply states that Cohen lied to Congress at the direction of Client-1. What is the big deal except that the BuzzFeed article is wrong int the teensey weency details?

Trump told Cohen to lie to Congress. Cohen lied to Congress. Obstruction of Justice proved.

by Anonymousreply 551January 19, 2019 6:04 PM

Goddamn it, Donald! We're tired of you using addresses to hold your personal swap meets.

by Anonymousreply 552January 19, 2019 6:04 PM

I am seeing more and more "both sides" are to blame bullshit from the repugs and media. FUCK THEM. As long as they do this, nothing will ever change. This long time repug strategy needs to be called out and called out loudly.

by Anonymousreply 553January 19, 2019 6:06 PM

Him offering DACA protections will not go over well with his idiotic “base.” Thankfully, he’s now in a lose-lose situation with them. They will screech about him finally making an art of a deal or something, but this is capitulation against the Democrats who have not wavered at all from their original stance.

Also, why has he not said, “I never directed Michael Cohen to lie”? If it never happened, why not deny it?

by Anonymousreply 554January 19, 2019 6:09 PM

I thought Wallace was better than this

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 555January 19, 2019 6:10 PM

Even with DACA they still shouldn't give him the money for the wall.

by Anonymousreply 556January 19, 2019 6:10 PM

Doesn't Sarah Huckabee Sanders bake pies? Trump may not need any from Minnie.

Guarantee, Minnie is a way better cook and baker.

by Anonymousreply 557January 19, 2019 6:12 PM

How soon til Orange Marmalade’s presser?

by Anonymousreply 558January 19, 2019 6:17 PM

4 pm EST

by Anonymousreply 559January 19, 2019 6:19 PM

$5 M is not enough for the fucking wall anyway

by Anonymousreply 560January 19, 2019 6:35 PM

While DJT has been damaging and alarming with his Putty-luving shit and related, seeing Pence & Mother in the WH residence offers no comfort whatsoever. There's passionate gay hate there. He would get to appoint more anti-gay, anti-choice, and pro-corporate judges. The way Pence stares at Trump adoringly, and then re-hashes or justifies the lies, is sickening. Pence had to have a hand in this mess. He can't claim he was above it all. At a minimum, he saw and heard things that were illegal. It may have went way beyond that given his prior connection to Manafort and what he really discussed with Flynn. If he claims "saw no evil, heard no evil", it would be bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 561January 19, 2019 6:36 PM

If that is the offer that Orange puts on the table I don't know how the Dems don't accept it without Deplorables screeching that is proof that they're trying to keep the Shut Down going. And if they do accept it, Orange will claim victory and use it as proof that he's the great Negotiator.

Those of us with brains know this to be false - however his cultists, aka Rethugs, will eat it up.

by Anonymousreply 562January 19, 2019 6:38 PM

Trumps wall has nothing to do with politics, his base, or anything other than lining his own pockets....you just know hes in a hurry to get it approved so his kickbacks are paid before hes thrown out of office. Remember, hes already granted several contracts for the construction.

by Anonymousreply 563January 19, 2019 6:40 PM

I'm with you R561

Trump is largely ineffectual and if there's one small positive thing you can say about him, it's that he doesn't seem to dislike gay people any more than he dislikes anyone else.

Pence, OTOH, is a serious closet case with a hard-on for the gay community.

by Anonymousreply 564January 19, 2019 6:48 PM

Can you even imagine what kind of porn is on Pence's computer?

My guess is he has a penchant for humiliation porn.

by Anonymousreply 565January 19, 2019 6:51 PM

THIS:

"The GOP and Russia will be doing every single thing imaginable to drive the narrative. We’ve GOT to stay ahead of them. And what each of us must do is help the Dems in our circles of coworkers friends and families by driving the right narrative. Yes, you can make a difference just by influencing your circles of contacts. Remember, this really is a PsyOps game, and whomever controls the message wins! Prepare your contacts that Impeachment is coming, and that Impeachment is not only necessary to save our country, but that Impeachment is a mother fucking GIFT to Trump!!! He deserves to be tarred, feathered, and hung. Again, impeachment is the humane way to treat this level of treachery — he deserves far worse, so it is a fucking GIFT" R549 excellent post. I'm on twitter doing everything I can. We need to mobilize. Work with Indivisible, and MoveOn. They're legit.

by Anonymousreply 566January 19, 2019 7:00 PM

And it pisses me off that they keep allowing him these stupid press conferences to announce this shit. There's no reason for it.

by Anonymousreply 567January 19, 2019 7:00 PM

It's not really a deal, as with all things Trump it's a scam. He will insist on his $5.4 Billion and his wall, and offer the Dems 3 years of temporary stays with no path to citizenship for Dreamers. A temporary stay for three years IF he gets the billions fr his permanent wall.

by Anonymousreply 568January 19, 2019 7:03 PM

The thing that makes Pence much more dangerous than Trump is that Trump is so disorganized, he starts doing something and then drops it in the middle, or Ann Coulter tells him no and he stops. Because of this, a lot of the really horrible things he’s proposed have never come to pass. He does this because of mental illness of some sort, he’s unable to focus and follow through.

Pence may be a horrible person, but he’s not crazy. He would quickly and efficiently tear through the list of right wing judges and appointees and get them all in as quickly as possible. Nobody would stop him or hold him back. All Republicans would go along.

Trump hasn’t gotten everything he wants because he is so crazy even people inside his own party and administration have stopped him. A lot of those people have resigned or been fired now, but there’s still a few here and there. A sort of passive resistance. No Republican is resisting Pence.

If he wants to bring the Handmaids Tale to life, which he does, they’ll gleefully vote for it. And gays will probably all end up arrested and sent to some re-education camp if he gets his way.

He is obsessed with gays and sex. He thinks oppressing anyone who isn’t a straight evangelist white male Christian proves his supremacy and power. It’s like Nazis thought getting rid of Jews would make them more powerful. But all they got was a wrecked country to show for it.

by Anonymousreply 569January 19, 2019 7:06 PM

Tim Kaine suggested Trump's proposal may be an opening for renewed negotiation. The offer may be similar (DACA, Bridge Act plan, etc.) That was offered a year ago when Trump flipped at Steve Miller's behest. Probably, the Democrats will at some point agree to another billion for boarder security (more immigration judges, more authorized ports of entry, improved fencing and barriers, etc.). It won't be called a wall, but DHT may claim that; and 5 billion+ will certainly not be acceptable to Democrats.

Trump is stubborn and a horrible negotiator. And if he agrees to something, he can later reject it two hours after after listening to Miller and right-wing pundits

The House and Senate need to be pressuring McConnell big-time to do his job.

by Anonymousreply 570January 19, 2019 7:06 PM

[quote]The House and Senate need to be pressuring McConnell big-time to do his job.

They can pressure him all he wants - McConnell doesn't care.

by Anonymousreply 571January 19, 2019 7:10 PM

Agree 100% R569

by Anonymousreply 572January 19, 2019 7:13 PM

Updated statement from @BuzzFeedNews: “As we’ve re-confirmed our reporting, we’ve seen no indication that any specific aspect of our story is inaccurate. We remain confident in what we’ve reported, and will share more as we are able.” --Matt Mittenthal, spokesperson.

by Anonymousreply 573January 19, 2019 7:24 PM

Durbin: "First, Pres. Trump and Leader McConnell must open the government today. Second, I cannot support the proposed offer as reported and do not believe it can pass the Senate. Third, I am ready to sit down at any time after the gov't is opened and work to resolve ... issues."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 574January 19, 2019 7:26 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 575January 19, 2019 7:31 PM

r573, if the BuzzFeed statement is true, then they are coordinating with the Mueller investigation for some purpose.

I wonder what that would look like?

by Anonymousreply 576January 19, 2019 7:36 PM

Mueller's report in summary: Trump: I'll give you the United States if you give me wealth. Putin: Deal. Handshake.

by Anonymousreply 577January 19, 2019 7:39 PM

Thanks for the new thread!

by Anonymousreply 578January 19, 2019 7:40 PM

Well, you've forgotten to add where the Pee Pee tapes fit into it.

by Anonymousreply 579January 19, 2019 7:45 PM

Link to new thread for when this one maxes out.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 580January 19, 2019 7:46 PM

Lawyer alert: The Supreme Court, yesterday, decided to not take the DACA case, leaving DACA in place for at least another year

Trump offering to extend DACA for a year is like me offering to not lasso the moon. He’s offering to allow something he can’t stop anyway

#TrumpShutdown

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 581January 19, 2019 7:53 PM

Supreme Court inaction suggests DACA safe for another year

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 582January 19, 2019 7:54 PM

Ooooh thank you.

by Anonymousreply 583January 19, 2019 7:56 PM

Someone please fill us in on what Orange has to say. I won't be tuning in.

by Anonymousreply 584January 19, 2019 8:08 PM

Why did he just smile when he said women were being raped and assaulted?

by Anonymousreply 585January 19, 2019 8:10 PM

R585, happy memories.

by Anonymousreply 586January 19, 2019 8:11 PM

He is speaking with a thick tongue again.

by Anonymousreply 587January 19, 2019 8:16 PM

He's not offering DACA, as I understand it it's something to do with Bridge which again, is bullshit with no path to citizenship and only for three years. Durbin is absolutely right. Re open the government and then we can talk about immigration and border security. I think they'd give him more money too.

by Anonymousreply 588January 19, 2019 8:19 PM

Link to new thread for when this one maxes out.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 589January 19, 2019 8:21 PM

The SCOTUS turned away the DACA challenge.

DACA recipients are safe for a year.

by Anonymousreply 590January 19, 2019 8:46 PM

Damn, I loved this thread title! I wish it were time for Season of the Witch, but I am patient.

Glad we have so much fodder for discussion here, though. The Mueller threads have kept me going, so, thanks!

by Anonymousreply 591January 19, 2019 8:49 PM

[quote]He is speaking with a thick tongue again.

That happens when they administer the tranquilizer dart too soon before broadcast.

by Anonymousreply 592January 19, 2019 8:54 PM

I knew they were going to get her. So young and not very smart

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 593January 19, 2019 8:56 PM

Poor thing! She's got a very short, very unpleasant future.

by Anonymousreply 594January 19, 2019 8:57 PM

The attorney who was negotiating with the sex worker from Belarus fell out of his apartment window this week.

Remarkable just how many Russians keep doing that.

by Anonymousreply 595January 19, 2019 8:59 PM

Yikes!

by Anonymousreply 596January 19, 2019 8:59 PM

Closing.

by Anonymousreply 597January 19, 2019 9:00 PM

This.

by Anonymousreply 598January 19, 2019 9:00 PM

Thread.

by Anonymousreply 599January 19, 2019 9:00 PM

Out.

by Anonymousreply 600January 19, 2019 9:00 PM

why do you do that? let the thread play out instead of taking up the last posts.

by Anonymousreply 601January 19, 2019 9:36 PM

Sometimes it's necessary. There is a method.

by Anonymousreply 602January 19, 2019 9:51 PM

Link to new thread.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 603January 19, 2019 9:51 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!