Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Let's talk about Shan'ann Watts

She is (was) fascinating.

From her sketchy past and grifting ways, to the possible Munchausen Syndrome or Factitious Disorder, to the MLM scheme she was knee-deep in, to her dozens of vapid Facebook livestreams and Instagram posts now eternally available for public consumption and dissection, to her manipulation of "friends" and family, it's evident she was at best a woman desperate to appear more successful than she was ever capable of being, and at worst, a straight up con woman.

OF COURSE SHE DIDN'T DESERVE TO DIE!

But DL is the only forum that doesn't immediately shut down even the slightest criticism of this woman. Of course we can say nice things about her, too.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 270September 10, 2022 3:25 PM

Millennial frau.

by Anonymousreply 1January 11, 2019 12:05 AM

Can we get a link to something about her. Never heard of her.

by Anonymousreply 2January 11, 2019 12:22 AM

She's the murdered frau of Chris Watts, who also killed their two tots.

Today would've been her 35th birthday!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3January 11, 2019 12:26 AM

What's fascinating about her, OP? Facebook & its ilk are full of fraus like her -- none of them deserve to die but all of them are annoying as hell. Her husband should have left her & divorced her, or never married her in the first place. But murder isn't the answer -- & didn't he kill their kids too?

by Anonymousreply 4January 11, 2019 12:26 AM

The husband looks hot, she's not, R3, whoever she is.

by Anonymousreply 5January 11, 2019 12:27 AM

From the People arricle posted today:

"When Shanann Watts blew out the candles on her birthday cake on January 10, 2018, with her two young daughters by her side, she had no idea it would be her last birthday — or that all three of them would be dead in the coming year.

In a video posted online of her 34th birthday celebration, Shanann’s little girls, Bella, 4, and Celeste, 3, sang a sweet rendition of Happy Birthday to their mom as Shanann’s own mother, Sandra Rzucek, joins in via Facetime on Shanann’s phone.

Shanann’s husband, Chris Watts, 33, can be heard singing in the background."

---

"Last summer, Shanann and her daughters spent six weeks in North Carolina with her parents and brother before returning to the Frederick, Colorado, home she shared with Chris on Aug. 7. She left home again to attend a quick work trip on Aug. 10, returning home just before 2 a.m. on Aug. 13. Hours later, Chris killed her and the girls.

Authorities still do not know exactly what led Chris — who was having an affair with a co-worker — to kill his whole family that fateful morning, after which he went on TV news to plead for her safe return."

by Anonymousreply 6January 11, 2019 12:29 AM

Husband had crazy eyes. Easy to say in retrospect I suppose. A prick from my town did this a few years ago too.

What MLM scam was she caught up in?

by Anonymousreply 7January 11, 2019 12:31 AM

So she's the Laci Peterson of this generation?

by Anonymousreply 8January 11, 2019 12:31 AM

[quote]Of course we can say nice things about her, too.

Eh, that won't be happening.

by Anonymousreply 9January 11, 2019 12:32 AM

Here's the latest of countless DL threads on that hot, murdering husband for you, r5.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10January 11, 2019 12:33 AM

Jesus. The description of what he did to those little girls. Holy fuck.

by Anonymousreply 11January 11, 2019 12:35 AM

Her husband clearly wasn't as smart as this guy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12January 11, 2019 12:37 AM

That wasn’t a real work trip, it was a boondoggle to cavort with her fat friends.

The only people making money from LeVel are the owners and top tier people.

by Anonymousreply 13January 11, 2019 12:41 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14January 11, 2019 12:41 AM

Let us help you get fit with THRIVE!!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15January 11, 2019 12:47 AM

They declared bankruptcy a couple of years ago, and, in 2018, they were already in debt to the tune of almost 500K. They owed Toys R Us a shitload of money.

Now, I'm not saying the kids deserved to die - but the wife just seemed like a massive pain in the ass. She wanted the large house. She wanted a Lexus. She shared every fucking thing on social media. I know that being a pain in the ass isn't grounds for death; if it were, I'd have been dead long ago. I just think he lost it. Imagine sitting in a house you cannot afford with two kids and another on the way, and a wife who spends money like it is going out of style and who keeps texting you non-stop about why you aren't responding to her texts, etc....essentially, he married a harpie. Nag, nag, nag. I think he snapped. He definitely deserves life in prison - what he did was disgusting. The moral of this story? I don't know...don't strive to live in the suburbs in a big fucking house with a spouse who spends money or one who is mentally unstable and has access to oil vats, and, most importantly, don't fucking have kids.

by Anonymousreply 16January 11, 2019 1:01 AM

They all look like a ringing endorsement of health, R15. Mrs. Watts is the smallest one.

by Anonymousreply 17January 11, 2019 1:17 AM

I'll be back. Just bookmarking threads for future reading when I have time.

by Anonymousreply 18January 11, 2019 1:32 AM

[quote] in 2018, they were already in debt to the tune of almost 500K.

I had no idea it was that much! I've been following the story somewhat closely, too. What's the source on that 500k figure?

by Anonymousreply 19January 11, 2019 1:33 AM

Ugh time to FF the troll who is obsessed with this “sexy” murderer

by Anonymousreply 20January 11, 2019 1:36 AM

R19, my mistake. The 500K was in 2015...as of 2018, they were about 100K in debt (student loans, etc.) and missed three mortgage payments on the house that they couldn't afford.

Please accept my contrition. D'oh.

by Anonymousreply 21January 11, 2019 1:41 AM

^ Thanks for clarifying. 500k is insane, no matter what year it was! And it was mostly consumer debt, no?

by Anonymousreply 22January 11, 2019 1:48 AM

r22, I saw some special on tv about the murders, it mentioned medical bills for her.

by Anonymousreply 23January 11, 2019 2:04 AM

Her eyebrows really bother me.

by Anonymousreply 24January 11, 2019 2:06 AM

She has a pretty face. How did they pay off the $400k debt?

by Anonymousreply 25January 11, 2019 2:09 AM

R23, the medical bills were because she had factitious disorder. She talked in one of her videos that Chris accompanied her to a colonoscopy as one of their first dates. She was 25. Unless there’s a strong family history and a red flag symptom, no one that age has a fucking colonoscopy. That was also around the time she was “diagnosed” with “lupus”. Fast forward to her “fertility treatments”. Because intferile people have three pregnancies in a five-year span.

Don’t get me started on this grifty broad.

But I do wish he had let them live, and just walked off with his truck driver girlfriend.

by Anonymousreply 26January 11, 2019 2:11 AM

The Websleuths crazies who want to blame the victim come here.

The hetero ladies who get their panties wet over a guy who murdered his wife and kids are creepy. My partner's half sister is like this.

by Anonymousreply 27January 11, 2019 2:17 AM

She’s the most interesting one, isn’t she? I got smacked around for saying it, but Chris is boring and she’s much more interesting. And even though I can’t stand her, I kind of like how demanding and grifty she was. She tore through life, grabbing grabbing grabbing, and demanding.

That whole stunt with the MIL was something my mother would have done. A big fat scene to get away from the MIL, complete with an ultimatum. It’s something Borderlines do, although I don’t think she was one. But the whole alienating and making people choose.

The MIL was a cunt to her, too, but I think it’s because MIL recognized a fellow manipulator. Oh yes.

by Anonymousreply 28January 11, 2019 2:17 AM

How did they qualify for such a large mortgage with the former bankruptcy etc. It wouldn't seem with the way she spent money that they would have a large down payment. I don't get it. I doubt she sold that much Thrive! shit, and Chris made, what around 90,000 a year? (not sure if that is accurate)

by Anonymousreply 29January 11, 2019 2:18 AM

FREE CHRIS WATTS

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30January 11, 2019 2:24 AM

R28, I think they bought the house before the bankruptcy. She had sold her mansion in NC after they hightailed it outta there, in a hurry. The house in CO was purchased under Chris’s name, guaranteed by Shanannas mom, and then Shanann was added to the deed later.

What’s even MORE puzzling is how she bought that first house. No college degree, working as a manager of a tire/rim shop, builds a gigantic house. It was Bumfuck, NC, but still worth $400k.

But yeah. I can’t figure out how they got so deeply in debt AGAIN after the first bankruptcy. Who extends credit to a bankrupt couple living in a gigantic home? The interest must have been insane.

(And they kept spending!)

by Anonymousreply 31January 11, 2019 2:25 AM

R30, were you shilling that onesie on the old Topix forum?

And isn’t it a fucker that the Topix forums went away? I wish I had screenshot some of those comments.

by Anonymousreply 32January 11, 2019 2:27 AM

Yes I was.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33January 11, 2019 2:37 AM

She had DOUBLE Munchausen's! Munchausen's, and Munchausen's By Proxy!

by Anonymousreply 34January 11, 2019 2:43 AM

She must have been extremely annoying when alive.

However, anyone who devotes MONTHS to harping on how annoying a dead woman was when she was alive, has all the screws loose.

by Anonymousreply 35January 11, 2019 4:15 AM

He should have snapped and just taken off. She and the kids would still be alive and he wouldn't be spending the rest of his life in jail.

by Anonymousreply 36January 11, 2019 4:29 AM

She was an odious frau and I could believe she was a Munchausen's case. It makes the story a little more interesting, that she wasn't the perfect victim. It does seem like a few people are looking to justify her murder so that they don't feel guilty about their attraction to Chris, seriously--but I'm assuming it's mostly tongue in cheek, since even if you can feel sympathy for someone snapping and killing a bitchy frau, there's the two innocent children and all...

by Anonymousreply 37January 11, 2019 3:40 PM

r29 I believe Chris only made 60k/year and Shan'ann MAYBE made anither 30k with the Thrive! crap but that is highly unlikely as MLMs are notorious for not producing actual living incomes for their dupes. So Shan'ann's Thrive income was and remains, a mystery. Safe to say they were actually depending on Chris's 60k, which didn't cover their oversized suburban lifestyle.

by Anonymousreply 38January 11, 2019 3:43 PM

Oh I hear you R26. I wrote that R420 post on the last thread, out of ballistic anger at how this confidence woman (conwoman) is getting canonized on other forums. My dear Lord, she set the most amazing trap on Chris, by putting them in crushing debt AGAIN, which prohibited him from even being able to come up with a measly 10k to hire a lawyer to start the divorce process. Why can’t people see this?

Shannon Shan’ann Rzucek King Watts was a con. A financial, medical, and emotional con!

by Anonymousreply 39January 11, 2019 4:54 PM

I’m R39, so just to add - one of the most pathetic things about this case is Chris saying “we never go on hikes.”

WHAT? You live in Colorado and you don’t go on hikes? Ack I live just north of Shannon Shan’ann Rzucek King Watts and there are lots of places to hike around.

No wonder Chris was amazed with NK. NK was a normal, healthy, financial-responsible woman who loved Colorado sightseeing, hiking, camping, probably skiing, exploring natural resources, and all things normal people do in Colorado.

But Shannon was not normal, since she had her whole materialistic/“I and my kiddos are so sick” con gig going.

by Anonymousreply 40January 11, 2019 5:05 PM

Crime Junkie podcast just did an episode on this case.

by Anonymousreply 41January 11, 2019 7:34 PM

Oops... The link

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42January 11, 2019 7:35 PM

R39 / r40, can you imagine Shanann hiking?

And it’s interesting to see how people defend her nauseating videos (“it was for her JOB!”) and bitchiness to her husband and children (“I boss my husband. Does that mean he should kill me, too?”). And everything is LUPUS.

I’m sure NK wasn’t blaming everything on some imaginary disease (yes, I know lupus is REAL, but Shanann didn’t have it). She was game to go camping and didn’t take five hours to do her makeup and hair and nails. Her mother wasn’t meddling in her business. I do not like her, but I can see why she was a breath of fresh air for Chris.

by Anonymousreply 43January 11, 2019 7:39 PM

R38, I’d love to know how they were able to afford their lifestyle, too. It was probably some scam.

Maybe some day we’ll get to the truth about the Dirty South business. I believe the rumor that she was embezzling money, and that’s how she got that first house. And she had some scam going in CO. My guess is she was using the kids’ SS# to get clean lines of credit. Even with a high-interest, low-limit card available to bankrupt consumers, they wouldn’t be able to afford the airfares to NC for their summer trip!

by Anonymousreply 44January 11, 2019 7:44 PM

[quote]However, anyone who devotes MONTHS to harping on how annoying a dead woman was when she was alive, has all the screws loose.

True, r35. So does anyone who thinks a guy who murdered his whole family should go free because he's marginally attractive and his murdered wife was annoying.

by Anonymousreply 45January 11, 2019 8:04 PM

He is average, and he brutally murdered his entire family. BABIES. Then, he crams them all down an oil tank. Sorry, anyone that feels for this monster needs his or her head examined, pronto.

by Anonymousreply 46January 11, 2019 8:26 PM

^ Nobody "feels for him," simpletons.

I haven't seen a single post on DL or anywhere else demanding that Chris "should go free" (tasteless DL bitcherous joking aside) for any reason whatsoever.

Every real life character in this story is interesting, especially the victim. Not only the people, but the backdrop to the story: middle class striving, cheap looking overpriced McMansion, Colorado oil country, an MLM scheme financially bleeding the couple, the killer husband's mistress, strife with the in-laws, posing on Instagram as if you've got life all figured out, showing off all the materialistic crap you charged on credit cards, etc. etc.

Being fascinated by all this doesn't mean we want to FREE CHRIS or Shan'ann DESERVED TO DIE, let alone the two innocents.

Go back to your thoughts and prayers and handwringing over how things like this can happen, while never trying to actually make sense of it beyond coming to the conclusion of CRAZY. And that anyone who wants to dissect the situation, including dissecting the victim, is also CRAZY and therefore thinks the perp should go free and the victim deserved to die.

But that's a lot to expect from some people's mental faculties I guess.

by Anonymousreply 47January 11, 2019 9:00 PM

I'm a Frau who loves THRIVE! patches and has fibromyalgia and once walked past a man who was later discovered to wear women's underwear. Does that mean my husband should kill me, too?!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

by Anonymousreply 48January 11, 2019 9:20 PM

"Red-Handed" has a pretty good podcast about the case. I like it - two snarky, bitchy Englishwomen can be quite entertaining.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 49January 11, 2019 9:32 PM

You can try and shame me for being obsessed with this case, but it won’t work. As r47 says, this case is chock-full of CHARACTERS. And no one to root for except those poor kids. Everyone’s awful. It’s endlessly fascinating.

by Anonymousreply 50January 11, 2019 9:34 PM

Until her murder, her biggest problem in life was the spelling of her name.

by Anonymousreply 51January 11, 2019 9:36 PM

Agree with r47

by Anonymousreply 52January 11, 2019 9:38 PM

I'd consider being three months behind on her mortgage, a husband cheating on her, credit card debt in the tens of thousands at least, and being pregnant were a few of her bigger problems, r51.

by Anonymousreply 53January 11, 2019 9:39 PM

r50 frankly even the kids seemed hard to root for.

by Anonymousreply 54January 11, 2019 9:52 PM

Banks have a duty to keep you from insolvency when you buy a house. Mortgages became harder to get after the 08 recession. How did they swing this house?! I don't get it. It's very hard to lie your way through a mortgage loan process.

by Anonymousreply 55January 11, 2019 9:55 PM

Maybe they had a parent cosign for them, or something. I can't imagine after bankruptcy etc. that they could have a credit rating for a house like that. Can a Realtor pull the sale records for the house?

by Anonymousreply 56January 11, 2019 9:56 PM

"The hetero ladies who get their panties wet over a guy who murdered his wife and kids are creepy."

I think men (more than women) think Chris Watts is attractive.

by Anonymousreply 57January 11, 2019 10:18 PM

R3 goddamn those are some ugly kids

by Anonymousreply 58January 11, 2019 10:28 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 59January 11, 2019 10:46 PM

Does anyone think Shan'ann killed her ugly kids, like Chrissy claimed?

by Anonymousreply 60January 11, 2019 10:52 PM

No R60.

"Omg, I was so horrified that my wife killed our kids that I crammed them in an oil tank"

by Anonymousreply 61January 11, 2019 10:55 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 62January 11, 2019 10:58 PM

^ to be fair, Trent Bolte has them all beat in the crazy department. And that’s saying a lot.

by Anonymousreply 63January 11, 2019 11:25 PM

True R63. Idk how that bitch is still getting TV interviews after the cops were like...yeah this is bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 64January 11, 2019 11:32 PM

This YouTube channel has tons of Shan'ann's Facebook Live videos where she's blathering about those sketchy Thrive products.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 65January 11, 2019 11:37 PM

I thought it was hilarious when detectives had Chris in for questioning and they briefly questioned him about Nichol Kessinger. Chris kept going on and on about how attracted he was to her, even though the detectives had moved on and started questioning him about Shannan. One of the detectives admonished him, "Yes, but we I am asking you about Shannan now".

by Anonymousreply 66January 11, 2019 11:55 PM

R55, Shanann’s mother signed as a guarantor for their CO home. (And filed for bankruptcy in 2015!)

Shanann was running another scam, I’m positive. What was she doing? Selling prescription meds? Stealing the kids’ identities?

Oh, and one of her friends was a tanning salon owner. Another person she was using?

by Anonymousreply 67January 12, 2019 12:30 AM

How many times did this trashy couple declare bankruptcy? And, the deceased woman's mother did, as well? WTF.

by Anonymousreply 68January 12, 2019 12:33 AM

Let’s ask her accountant of 14 years!

Yes, this is real.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 69January 12, 2019 12:46 AM

Of course what Chris Watts did in murdering his family and especially his children was horrendously wrong. But I do view him as a victim.

He saw no way out of the disastrous mess ( bossy shrew wife with hypochondria, destroying them financially and alienating the children from him while destroying their characters). He probably considered the kids' murders as a mercy killing.

Financially she had left him no way out. And he knew that in her vindictiveness she would use the children as pawns and weapons.

by Anonymousreply 70January 12, 2019 3:08 AM

That's idiotic R70. Walking away from his family would've left him (and then, obviously) far better off than where he is now

by Anonymousreply 71January 12, 2019 3:53 AM

Don’t forget Primrose Academy — the girl’s $500 a week pre-school.

by Anonymousreply 72January 12, 2019 4:21 AM

[quote] Of course what Chris Watts did in murdering his family and especially his children was horrendously wrong. But

"But"???

by Anonymousreply 73January 12, 2019 4:23 AM

[quote] But I do view him as a victim.

The poor darling!

I'm crying for him as I type!

by Anonymousreply 74January 12, 2019 4:25 AM

lol, Chris Watts is a victim of his own choices, that's about it.

by Anonymousreply 75January 12, 2019 5:26 AM

Batalounge😂

by Anonymousreply 76January 12, 2019 5:26 AM

Sham'ann was a phony OCD bossy frau. not likable and i dont care that she is dead. She was a miserable user. Someone who was asking for a murderous rage. I think he did the world a favor by offing her. If he had killed Sham'ann before she was pregnant and left the kids alive, he wouldve had a chance at pleading temp insanity.

That said, my pity and heartbreak goes out to those kids and Nico.

by Anonymousreply 77January 12, 2019 1:11 PM

Oh to be a remotely attractive straight white man.

by Anonymousreply 78January 12, 2019 1:37 PM

Agreed R75.

by Anonymousreply 79January 12, 2019 2:51 PM

R59: Why is there a photo of a black woman and child on the shelf?

by Anonymousreply 80January 12, 2019 3:05 PM

^ That's a pic of Shan'ann. The digital quality of the photo makes it look dark.

by Anonymousreply 81January 12, 2019 8:25 PM

R75 is correct

by Anonymousreply 82January 12, 2019 8:58 PM

I would wager that no gay here appreciates that type of reasoning when it goes against your own practices ( as on forums where it's said, they make that choice, nothing excuses it).

by Anonymousreply 83January 12, 2019 9:14 PM

According to Shanann’s mother, the surgery on her neck cost them $100. The girls needed two years of doctor visits before they finally received the “correct” diagnosis of “asthma” (the diagnosis was made by a PA). I’m not an expert, but I don’t think asthma is terribly elusive (it’s not LUPUS). Pediatricians screen for it as a matter of course. Two years to get the diagnosis she wanted. Maybe she wasn’t very good at Munchhausening.

by Anonymousreply 84January 12, 2019 10:09 PM

Whoops. ^^The surgery cost them $100k.

I don’t know what kind of insurance they had, but... wow.

Someone on a FB forum had the same thing and said that their out-of-pocket/co-pay was like a thousand dollars.

by Anonymousreply 85January 12, 2019 10:11 PM

Is she related to Rolonda Watts?

by Anonymousreply 86January 12, 2019 11:56 PM

R73 But I rightly view him as a victim.

by Anonymousreply 87January 13, 2019 12:02 AM

R78 You're probably not nearly as bad as you think you are.

by Anonymousreply 88January 13, 2019 12:05 AM

R84, "asthma" is a generic and very general diagnosis. The underlying issues can be difficult to fully define, and for some, may take several years/ repeat doctor visits. That doesn't mean that is what happened here, but it's not that cut & dry.

What evidence is there that Shanann was making up her diagnosis of Lupus, whether or not she was "a hypochondriac and OCD"?

by Anonymousreply 89January 13, 2019 12:28 AM

I can't believe this thread got GRAY-LINED!

by Anonymousreply 90January 13, 2019 12:34 AM

I think if Shan'ann had lived she would have ended up being another Dee Dee Blanchard.

by Anonymousreply 91January 13, 2019 12:50 AM

I think if Shannan had lived she would have continued with her hypochondria, her over-spending, her delusional thinking, and would have made her children neurotic messes.

by Anonymousreply 92January 13, 2019 12:54 AM

R89

The fact that she had 3 pregnancies when she'd told everyone her Lupus doctor said she'd never have children. The fact that the physician performing her autopsy found "no evidence of disease". Lupus usually involves disease and loss of major organs.

by Anonymousreply 93January 13, 2019 12:57 AM

R90 What does that mean?

by Anonymousreply 94January 13, 2019 1:00 AM

R89, what EVIDENCE is there that Shanann had lupus or infertility?

FFS, asthma is not so elusive and rare that several doctors over two years failed to recognize it. It’s pretty simple. But a physician assistant diagnosed it when all the MDs couldn’t. Okay.

She was pretty smart with her lupus act, because, like fibromyalgia, it has broad diagnostic criteria that mostly depends on patient reporting.

Lucky for these scammers there’s HIPAA. It’s very difficult to call out liars unless there’s a criminal act like fraud. Otherwise they can claim whatever and who’s to say they are lying?

by Anonymousreply 95January 13, 2019 2:34 AM

Why are some posters feel the need to say that the toddlers are "ugly". Why are you so concerned about what these children look like? R58 even sounds offended that they don't meet his standards for child attractiveness. Is R58 a ped-o?

by Anonymousreply 96January 13, 2019 3:18 AM

CBI interview with Shan'ann's childhood friend.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 97January 13, 2019 4:23 AM

I think Chris is secretly relieved to be in prison.

by Anonymousreply 98January 13, 2019 5:13 AM

what happens to all their debt now? does Chris slowly pay it back by making license plates?

by Anonymousreply 99January 13, 2019 5:31 AM

R98 I agree.

by Anonymousreply 100January 13, 2019 9:50 AM

Well then, he’s the ultimate dumbass R98

by Anonymousreply 101January 13, 2019 2:19 PM

R96 I think it’s because Chris and Scam’anne were relatively attractive people and yet their union produced such unfortunate looking kids. Plus the kids looked unusually old in their faces. It was all so odd.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 102January 13, 2019 2:37 PM

R102: Leave the angel babies alone!

by Anonymousreply 103January 13, 2019 3:28 PM

I listened to the RedHanded podcast posted upthread. Thanks for mentioning that, whoever you are.

by Anonymousreply 104January 13, 2019 5:19 PM

Would you know my name if I saw you in Heaven?

by Anonymousreply 105January 13, 2019 5:52 PM

Would you know my name if I saw you thriving in heaven?

by Anonymousreply 106January 13, 2019 5:53 PM

“All until they were diagnosed w/asthma then Shanann w/ her neck surgery which out of pockets 25,000. - they owed. So that’s why there was so much debt.”

Sandra Rzucek wrote that in her 2018 letter to the DA. First of all, it’s doubtful a 100k surgery, or whatever, resulted in a 25k debt. Chris had a gold policy through Anadarko. Also, the surgery was in autumn, 2017, two years after the 2015 BK.

So is Sandra referring to new debt that Shanann told her about? Probably. Is it from medical? Doubtful, and is most likely the second (or third or fourth...) time Shanann lies about medical costs to cover her ridiculous spending habits. I have to wonder if she didn’t try to historically get some cash contributions from her parents by asserting she had medical debt.

Only they know, but I bet that is the case. They were good marks, since they sold everything in 2015, quit their jobs, and moved in with Chris and Shanann for 15 months while Shanann was pregnant with CeCe, who was born July, 2015. They filed for chapter 7 BK in 2015 too, same year as the Watts.

So I put her parents in the same category as all of the other people and businesses she has conned. Considering how Shanann gained the confidence of others and used them, I have no doubt she would’ve alienated the girls against Chris.

Just the fact that she texted a friend, mulling about where to move should they divorce, (but not NC for some reason) tells me she was used to getting her own way. But Colorado courts would’ve absolutely not allowed her to move out of state and take the girls, unless there was a good reason (“my parents will provide day care for the kids” - but they couldn’t, since they both had to work) or Chris agreed.

Technically, Chris had power in a divorce action, but because he was so trapped financially, he couldn’t even start the process and learn that he did have some options. Colorado takes moving, and parental alienation, very seriously.

And to restate the obvious again - if you are married, make sure you have your own individual accounts. Joint for joint expenses, and yet have your own liquid accounts. And Chris should’ve bolted before, or right after, that ridiculous 2015 BK, where it was largely due to his wife’s spending and the fact that she quit her real job.

by Anonymousreply 107January 13, 2019 6:11 PM

107: Chris was cheating, so he had no power.

by Anonymousreply 108January 13, 2019 6:45 PM

No, R108. Colorado doesn’t care if a spouse is cheating. Unless the new lover is a threat to the kids or is causing financial ruin. Colorado believes a child has the right to love, support, and significant parenting time from both parents. And I’m pretty sure Colorado would’ve ruled that Shanann couldn’t use her kids as props in any more public Thrive videos.

by Anonymousreply 109January 13, 2019 7:32 PM

R109: if Shannnanon filed for divorce claiming adultry, pregnant with 2 children under 5, she’ll get what she wants.

by Anonymousreply 110January 13, 2019 7:45 PM

^ Why? Is Colorado NOT a no-fault divorce state? Most states are nowadays.

by Anonymousreply 111January 13, 2019 8:02 PM

R107, yup yup yup. There was no one in Shanann’s life that she didn’t make use of. Everyone was a useful idiot, to her. Especially Scooby Nickole! Even her poor kids.

And she DID turn the kids against Chris. He did not receive a warm welcome when he reunited with them in NC. And there was that video of them where she encouraged them to “smack Daddy!” And just her overall demeanor that he was a dumb wallet for them to drain.

by Anonymousreply 112January 13, 2019 8:50 PM

R111, no-fault; yes, regarding reasons for separation and division of assets. But judges usually have some discretion in the awarding of child support, which can include maintaining a house for the use of the children. I'm not going to bother researching Colorado's rules. The amount received is based on the proportion each ex spouse earns, and the living arrangements for the children, and the poorer spouse gets the difference.

The real drama would have begun when lawyers and judges began digging in Shan'ann's finances, and discovered she was lying. Chris would have been on the hook for everything. He probably knew that already. The only other option would have been for Chris to be full-time parent. Maybe if he'd convinced a judge that Shan'ann was a dishonest grifter he would have succeeded. Maybe he didn't want to be full-time parent.

by Anonymousreply 113January 13, 2019 8:53 PM

Sorry, but no sorry. Had to say this...

Chris Owns his dysfunctional behavior. No matter what most people do not resort to killing. He was a wimp and trapped himself in a frustrating marriage. Walk away, wimp.

by Anonymousreply 114January 13, 2019 9:01 PM

R102 They could look cuter at times:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 115January 13, 2019 9:54 PM

Re, R113's : "Maybe he didn't want to be full-time parent."

Considering the p.o.s. murdered both kids, killing the one though she fought him, I think it's safe to say he wasn't interested in being a parent AT ALL.

by Anonymousreply 116January 13, 2019 10:11 PM

And worse he crushed his own murdered children’s skulls through a narrow opening into an oil drum.

by Anonymousreply 117January 13, 2019 10:50 PM

R115 can’t see image

by Anonymousreply 118January 13, 2019 11:44 PM

What a shame that you can’t gawk at a picture of murdered children that r116 thinks they look “cuter” in. Because how dare murdered, discarded toddlers not be beautiful.

Jesus Christ dangling from the cross what is wrong with some of you.

by Anonymousreply 119January 13, 2019 11:55 PM

R119 you sound fat and postmenopausal.

by Anonymousreply 120January 14, 2019 12:01 AM

Interesting video of Chris

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 121January 14, 2019 12:08 AM

R218: Consider yourself lucky. That poster has a strange definition for “cuter.”

by Anonymousreply 122January 14, 2019 12:17 AM

Men are just disposing of women like they’re garbage.

by Anonymousreply 123January 14, 2019 12:20 AM

R118 Sorry. In order to post it I had to resize it on a website to get a URL, because the google image links kept being rejected. Strange forum, to have no way to upload images.

Google 'Bella and Celeste Watts People.com' under Google images. They're standing on a porch and look sweet and feminine.

by Anonymousreply 124January 14, 2019 2:39 AM

R122 Well, what is your standard? I think Celeste was adorable.

by Anonymousreply 125January 14, 2019 2:41 AM

This is sweet as well. (where they're hugging)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 126January 14, 2019 2:49 AM

R118 Here is the image.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 127January 14, 2019 2:52 AM

Has there ever been a more inept family killer? He was locked up within 48 hours.

by Anonymousreply 128January 14, 2019 2:53 AM

R128 my thoughts exactly.

by Anonymousreply 129January 14, 2019 2:58 AM

He was a submissive man, and those kinds are always resentful. He was never going to find a normal woman, he was always going to seek out a bossy cunt and then spend the rest of his life being sore at her.

Shanann was going to become just like her mother and Chris’s mother. Controlling and always right.

by Anonymousreply 130January 14, 2019 2:59 AM

R130: if you read the discovery, Shannan was willing to change. She didn’t realize how controlling she became, according to his accusations. Shannan loved her husband. She was working to provide for family while her husband plotted murder.

by Anonymousreply 131January 14, 2019 3:06 AM

R128 Well, his plans were foiled when her flight was delayed hours, and the friend called 911 early the next day. All his plans were thrown off track.

by Anonymousreply 132January 14, 2019 3:11 AM

R132 He didn't plan well enough.

He knows his wife is in CONSTANT contact with her friends

He withdrew the girls from school before the cops got involved.

He buried them at his place of work and left a bedsheet in the field

He was a moron

by Anonymousreply 133January 14, 2019 3:19 AM

OK, but we're talking about SHAN'ANN now.

by Anonymousreply 134January 14, 2019 4:22 AM

What about her pretentious name?

Her folks referred to her as Shannan at Chris's sentencing and she was named in thar lawsuit against the rim shop as Shannan King (her first husband's surname).

Does anyone know when she began calling herself Shan'ann and why? And did she legally change it?

by Anonymousreply 135January 14, 2019 4:25 AM

I wonder if she might have used that Thrive crap on the kids. They seem pale and fought looking—not fat, but just a bit slack, unfocused and just unhealthy. I have friends whose kids have asthma, and they do not have that sort of look. I wish I could describe better—they remind me of some kids I know whose parents are lazy vegans whose idea of dinner for a two-year-old is a baby bowl of lentils with white vinegar sprinkled over and pretty much that all the time. The parents are very proud of their low cost, cruelty free diets, but the kids don’t, well, thrive on it

by Anonymousreply 136January 14, 2019 4:55 AM

She was trying to be cool and ethnic with the new spelling and pronounciation of her name. Shanann to Shan'ann.

by Anonymousreply 137January 14, 2019 11:37 AM

The apostrophe made no fucking sense. Reinventing the spelling of a name is for high school kids. As an adult, your identity basics, like first name, are already established. She wanted her name to be unique and to standout...and to make pharmacists nervous about trying to call it out over the PA system without offending her. She wanted people to ask her, "How should I pronounce your name?" It made her feel special.

Or maybe it was a way to get bill collectors off her tail.

by Anonymousreply 138January 14, 2019 1:06 PM

R138, exactly.

Her high school drama teacher said they called her “Shanna ANN”. Her parents called her “SHANan”.

Identity is an interesting thing. It’s my OPINION that people who mess around with their name are waving a red flag. Like Bunnika. And Shanann. And a few people I know in real life. Another one is when people go around telling you: “I’m OCD” “I’m a straight shooter” “I’m a scatterbrain” “I’m not here for drama”. When they have to explain themselves preemptively or repeatedly, watch out.

by Anonymousreply 139January 14, 2019 1:25 PM

Phil Hartman’s wife was another first name changer. She went through three first names.

by Anonymousreply 140January 14, 2019 1:37 PM

R133

Withdrawal from school because the house would be sold was preparation for divorce; he didn't think anyone would conclude murder. She was supposed to have left with the kids due to being upset. The friend calling 911 early didn't leave him time to dispose of her purse, keys, kids' medicines, etc.

by Anonymousreply 141January 14, 2019 1:37 PM

[quote]It’s my OPINION that people who mess around with their name are waving a red flag.

Or repeatedly mess around with their kids’ names.

by Anonymousreply 142January 14, 2019 1:44 PM

R135, the timing of the name change seems to perfectly coincide with her fleeing from North Carolina and the Shan'annigens she had been involved in there.

by Anonymousreply 143January 14, 2019 2:27 PM

R143: She didn’t change her name. She was not fleeing North Carolina. That’s bullshit made up by her crazy ass, psycho in-laws — the ones that raised a murderer.

by Anonymousreply 144January 14, 2019 2:50 PM

My god, as much as I cannot stand Shannan, Jennifer and Sarah Hart were much worse! Jennifer Hart used her adopted children as props in her social media posts. She did everything to come across as the perfect, crunchy-earthy, cool progressive lesbian mom. Meanwhile, she was torturing and starving her children. She stayed at home all day gaming while her wife worked full time at Kohls. These two mothers were hideous; they eventually killed their kids...and themselves.

I started a post on them but apparently they are not as fun to satirize as Shannan.

by Anonymousreply 145January 14, 2019 3:02 PM

R145, you’re right about that. I followed the Hart murders, too. Those kids had a terrible life. At least the Watts kids had a good life while they had one.

by Anonymousreply 146January 14, 2019 3:45 PM

R146 If the Watts murders hadn't occurred I think as time went on the children would've been increasingly, negatively impacted by Shannan's hypochondria, delusional thinking, over-spending, vindictiveness and general megalomania. Watts likely justified to himself (wrongly, of course) their murders based on this.

by Anonymousreply 147January 14, 2019 4:54 PM

R147, I agree with that.

by Anonymousreply 148January 14, 2019 5:04 PM

R141 Your boy was fucked with or without the nosy friend. He left one of their bed sheets in the field with the bodies. The fact that he didn't anticipate her friends blowing up her phone shows how dumb he is.

by Anonymousreply 149January 14, 2019 5:13 PM

R147: Shannan was not any of those things.

by Anonymousreply 150January 14, 2019 6:29 PM

I'm not R147 but the first 3 seem to fit R150. DEFINITELY 1 and 3, probably 2

by Anonymousreply 151January 14, 2019 6:37 PM

I feel like I need to add something special to my name too.

Maybe I will become Jesus. But pronounce it HayZoos.

by Anonymousreply 152January 14, 2019 6:43 PM

R150 The overspending was documented on her social media and records about the financial problems are out there as well.

by Anonymousreply 153January 14, 2019 6:51 PM

R144, Sure she fled. They came out here with no jobs, no place to live, a house to sell in NC, and a wedding to plan in NC. Why the haste to get out of there so quickly?

Plus, there was a newspaper article written about the tire place she worked in in NC, and in the article her name was spelled "Shanann," and a lawsuit filed against her with her named spelled "Shanann."

by Anonymousreply 154January 14, 2019 6:56 PM

I disagree r147, not with your assertions about how the kids would've ended up, but with Chris taking any of it into consideration. The man had the foresight of a gnat and zero sympathy, let alone empathy, for others.

The only thing Chris thought about when he snuffed them out, was his personal freedom as a newly buff beefcake to fuck Nicole Kessinger as well as other women (come on, he didn't just do this for HER only), and enjoy keeping his income for himself and his own pleasures.

by Anonymousreply 155January 14, 2019 7:02 PM

Back to Shan'ann, I think r154 has it right.

by Anonymousreply 156January 14, 2019 7:05 PM

R154: why did Chris have her sell her house, drag her across the country, purchase a $400K house he could not afford in his name only, then murder her and their children?

by Anonymousreply 157January 14, 2019 7:35 PM

R157, you're right. From all that we know, that sounds exactly like CW, and shrinking-violet SW was being dragged along and acquiesced to whatever her man told her to do.

by Anonymousreply 158January 14, 2019 7:43 PM

R150 But she was. Every quality I listed was well-documented in her videos and texts which revealed her dealings with others, as well as her attitude and perspective. She left her own recorded testimony and out of her own mouth she indictes herself.

by Anonymousreply 159January 14, 2019 8:01 PM

R155

His facial expressions reveal that he's more complex than that. You're projecting your own values onto him.

by Anonymousreply 160January 14, 2019 8:06 PM

Why does everyone keep saying, 'But back to Shannan?' I thought this thread was entitled 'Let's talk about Shannan Watts' as an excuse to get back to talking about Chris?

by Anonymousreply 161January 14, 2019 8:09 PM

Back in NC, she was working for Dirty South Customs, managing the store. There were rumors that she was banging her boss, Hisham. There were rumors that they were defrauding employees using payroll/benefit scam.

Fact: Court documents listed Shanann as a “co-owner” of Dirty South. Fact: Hisham Bedwan, “co-owner” and Shanann’s boss at Dirty South joked around with Shanann during one of her FB Live videos. Even after she moved to CO and was a married mother. Fact: Hisham was married and had children when Shanann worked there.

Dirty South is a custom car shop. Rims, tinted windows, etc. It’s a whole subculture, heavy on thuggish bravado and bitches ‘n hoes, etc. There are photos of Shanann in tight dresses and boobs hanging out, standing next to souped-up cars. No wonder Chris’s parents didn’t like her. Divorced and hanging out at da club promoting the rim shop. Living in a huge house she somehow bought on a retail salary. LOL.

This is the business where it’s rumored Shanann

by Anonymousreply 162January 14, 2019 8:15 PM

R162: A woman with a job equals whore in your world.

by Anonymousreply 163January 14, 2019 8:50 PM

R136. Shannan did indeed feed Bella and CeCe Thrive K. Here’s an inspiring video with comments to tell you how wonderful it was. A 12 yo girl took it for one day and felt amazing!

Chris clearly has the right to sue Le-Vel. I sure hope he does.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 164January 14, 2019 9:11 PM

Spot on r147. Had Chris had 30k of his own liquid funds for the divorce and post-divorce actions, he could’ve gotten primary physical custody of his kids, since Shannan would’ve no doubt engaged in parental alienation, factitious disorder by proxy, and financial disaster.

Always always have your own liquid accounts if you are married! Do not let your spouse engage in financial infidelity and ruin you!

by Anonymousreply 165January 14, 2019 9:18 PM

R163, I didn’t say she was a prostitute; she was scamming, embezzling, laundering money. How do you think she bought that house on a retail manager’s salary?

I don’t have anything bad to say about her non-scam job at a call center in a children’s hospital. Didn’t last long, because how can you grift from a call center?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 166January 14, 2019 9:32 PM

R166: Do you have evidence of this scamming and embezzlement?

by Anonymousreply 167January 14, 2019 10:43 PM

R166

Its clear the NC house layout was inspiration to the CO home that was customized.

by Anonymousreply 168January 14, 2019 11:29 PM

I do not, r167.

by Anonymousreply 169January 14, 2019 11:29 PM

R169: I don’t think either one were straight when it comes to spending. Her crazy MIL spread stories about Shannaaaannna.

by Anonymousreply 170January 15, 2019 12:12 AM

i saw a video where Shanann was making protein snacks with that thrive shit and said they were for the whole family to eat. Those girls probably ate it all the time

by Anonymousreply 171January 15, 2019 12:38 AM

r162 I wanna see those pics of "Shannan" posing as a bitch-ho next to the souped up thug rods. Any links?

by Anonymousreply 172January 15, 2019 3:23 AM

I also want to see her car model pictures too. I assume she was young and fit back then?

by Anonymousreply 173January 15, 2019 5:46 AM

She wasn't fat R173

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 174January 15, 2019 5:55 AM

^ Um, yes she was. The women next to her in that pic are just fatter.

by Anonymousreply 175January 15, 2019 6:53 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 176January 15, 2019 7:02 AM

Dirty South has some shitty Yelp reviews.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 177January 15, 2019 7:10 AM

Shan'ann's former boss and lover, Hisham.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 178January 15, 2019 7:14 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 179January 15, 2019 7:25 AM

Heyy Guyzz Just wanted to remind my fave DL'ers..hey Kiki, hey girl, um, hi Missy, hey girl..um, my fave DL'ers to keep on thrivin' cuz you know, um, hey Karen, heyy Shawna..i suffer from OCD, AIDS, Cancer, ADHD, NPD, Lupus and i will tell you that since I started workin for this company, i was in really bad health..hey Buffy hey girl..Wut Chris? Dont interrupt me. STFU go to work and get me some money to keep up the facade .hey Rita, hey Nikki...

by Anonymousreply 180January 15, 2019 7:11 PM

Saw a new video today about Shan'annigan's 4,000 sf starter home in NC that she fled from, leaving most everything in there behind. Nothing suspicious, just a little nest that most single women working in retail buy.

Also a little insight into her horrendous personality from someone who knew her way back when.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 181January 15, 2019 8:56 PM

R181 what was the friends account of her?

by Anonymousreply 182January 15, 2019 9:05 PM

I truly hope a movie is made of her in an honest light.

by Anonymousreply 183January 15, 2019 9:53 PM

R181, basically what we already knew. She alienated Chris from his friends. She would have freakouts where he’d have to drop everything to console her. Chris’s friend’s wife hugged Chris and Shanann forbade him from seeing that friend anymore. She’d go to his friends’ houses and make fun of them after, for being too small or not having proper china or their decor for being “quaint” (that’s rich). So basically being a condescending bitch.

Also said that she claimed to have been a domestic violence victim but was friendly with her ex husband.

by Anonymousreply 184January 15, 2019 10:06 PM

^^ he would excuse her cunty behavior by saying she was having a bad day but it happened all the time.

There was also a history of her old house’s sale price. And wondering how she could purchase the house on a retail manager’s salary. Which is what no one can explain.

by Anonymousreply 185January 15, 2019 10:08 PM

R181: The friend is Chris Watts ‘ ex-girlfriend

by Anonymousreply 186January 15, 2019 11:17 PM

She did not "purchase" any house. She likely gathered up a down payment from the funds she embezzled from the rim shop, then didn't pay the mortgage. And charged all the furnishings on credit. Then lived there as long as she could before filing bankruptcy. Rinse and repeat in Colorado except the down payment probably came out of Chris's and/or her parents (who also filed bk) bank accounts.

by Anonymousreply 187January 15, 2019 11:18 PM

R187: Hi, Chris’ mommy!

by Anonymousreply 188January 15, 2019 11:28 PM

All her bad decisions and shadyness led her to her violent death.

by Anonymousreply 189January 16, 2019 12:07 AM

So no pics from her rim job?

by Anonymousreply 190January 16, 2019 4:45 AM

The discovery docs included an interview with the ex. He said they hadn't spoken since they split and he didn't even know her current name.

by Anonymousreply 191January 16, 2019 5:11 AM

Shannan and the ex's wife were FB friends, she signed her up to Thrive but she didn't do very well with it. This was from an interview with one of Shanann's Thrive friends, that they all were friendly.

by Anonymousreply 192January 16, 2019 5:30 AM

From the docs:

"ACTION TAKEN: CBI Agent GALBRAITH interviewed LEONARD KING by phone on 08/15/2018. I spoke with LEONARD KING ( ) by phone on 08/15/2018 at 1427 hours. He had heard about the case in which SHANANN and her children were missing. LEONARD reported that he and SHANANN married in 2002/2003 and divorced in 2007/2008 in SC. They had no children from their marriage together and have not communicated in over ten years he estimated.

LEONARD’s current wife, dabbled in Thrive, which was the same employment as SHANANN WATTS. LEONARD had heard that SHANANN was really involved in Thrive. LEONARD actually did not know SHANANN’s last name until a few days ago. He learned of this case from social media and news. He had already been contacted by NBC News. LEONARD agreed to share my contact information with his wife for her to call, if she knew anything about SHANANN, possibly through Thrive."

by Anonymousreply 193January 16, 2019 5:36 AM

I would love to hear about shanann's personality from her call center colleagues. I bet those bitches have some stories to tell.

by Anonymousreply 194January 16, 2019 4:19 PM

R194, the Murder Rap Sesh lady interviewed Candice “Cans” Nantz, who claims to have dated Chris on and off for two years in NC. She has a few anecdotes that ring true to me, but I wouldn’t vouch for her absolute truthfulness. The other thing that made me think he dated her because her nickname implies she has hanann was bitchy and competitive and condescending. Made disparaging remarks about the size and decor of others’ homes and cars. A friend’s wife hugged and kissed Chris and Shanann forbade them from socializing with that couple again. Didn’t like his Mustang, “made” him sell it.

The reason I halfway believe her is that her description fits exactly a couple I know IRL. The alienation, the excuses “she’s having a bad day”, all of it. Of course, I could make up a few believable stories about someone like this, too. She seems like an attention whore.

Interestingly, she (allegedly) “dated” Chris, and was supposed to tak about what he was like, but all she talked about was Shabann. Chris was a real bore, apparently.

Even NK barely talked about what he was like. He was an empty canvas, grey rock, cipher.

by Anonymousreply 195January 16, 2019 6:11 PM

All i could think of while watching this video, is what was going thru the minds of financially strapped husbands watching their wives spend money they didn't have on these scams? Clothes, protein bars, vitamin supplements, make-up. How much did Shanann have wrapped up in inventory?

Fucking insanity.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 196January 16, 2019 6:13 PM

R181, the house is surrounded by water on 3 sides? Talk about flood irrigation!

by Anonymousreply 197January 16, 2019 6:58 PM

What's kind of interesting is that on the body cam video Chris was saying he was locked out of the bank account (didn't have the password) because he "got into trouble a long time ago" (he was implying financially). I thought it was very telling of Scam'Ann's personality: SHE, and she alone, will lord over the money; yet, she was such a financial liability that her name wasn't even on the house (and I'm assuming the mortgage.)

by Anonymousreply 198January 16, 2019 7:00 PM

R197, If you watch the videos when she live-streams from the deck, back beyond their house looks like a dump -- literally, the city dump. Someone in one of the threads said they drove through the area and it's pretty barren and underdeveloped. I looked on Google Maps, and boy were they right!! It looks like they plopped a development in the middle of nowhere. I should have been tipped off when I saw how close the Watts' house was to Nosy Nate's; they could have passed a cup of sugar without leaving their kitchens. The Watts' house reminds me of a size 14 girl squeezing into a size 6 dress.

by Anonymousreply 199January 16, 2019 7:14 PM

R199, I saw that. So depressing. It reminds me of the wasteland between Gatsby’s mansion and the City.

But then it was built up with more McMansions pretty quickly, though.

by Anonymousreply 200January 16, 2019 8:50 PM

R198, I think Chris was better with money, for sure. I’ll bet he tried so hard to keep his 401k funded.

by Anonymousreply 201January 16, 2019 8:52 PM

Shan-Ann-igans

by Anonymousreply 202January 16, 2019 9:00 PM

Imagine giving up coffee, snacks, trivial shit -- all to save money, only to come home to the latest $10,000 shipment of Lularoe "inventory". No wonder murder seemed like a reasonable option.

by Anonymousreply 203January 17, 2019 3:44 PM

Auto mechanics are catnip to gold diggers.

by Anonymousreply 204January 17, 2019 4:23 PM

He was obviously still fucking his wife yet he was still a crazy horn dog. That can occur when a nerd suddenly becomes hot or he's just a crazy. Like he obviously must be to kill people.

by Anonymousreply 205January 18, 2019 4:03 AM

Thank you all for this thread. It's 2:50 am and I can't sleep. This has kept me entertained

by Anonymousreply 206January 18, 2019 9:53 AM

Ryan The Hack Murphy needs to do a Netflix melodrama about this case.

by Anonymousreply 207January 18, 2019 10:01 PM

I'm laughing at Scam'Ann and Sham'Ann😂😂. She was a little grifter bitch.

Let's get back to hawtie Chris 😍

by Anonymousreply 208January 19, 2019 2:01 AM

She. And Meghan Markel are soul sisters.

by Anonymousreply 209January 19, 2019 2:08 AM

A Ryan Murphy miniseries on this needs to happen.

by Anonymousreply 210January 19, 2019 4:52 AM

Rewatching the confession viedo. The FBI agents are being complimented as ingenius interrogators, but their smarminess is also cringeworthy. Grahm Coder says repeatedly, Help us bring them out of the cold." to which CW sensibly says "there's no bringing them back. ". HE is not getting this media-inspired bullshit.

Makes me want to slap those agents silly.

Together with the idiotic sheriff from the Jayme Closs story, I cannot help but think, "Holy crap, Law Enforcement in this country is populated with total idiots."

by Anonymousreply 211January 19, 2019 8:38 PM

R211, they should have used a female investigator with gigantic breasts, grating voice and bossy demeanor. Women like that can get him to do anything.

by Anonymousreply 212January 19, 2019 9:07 PM

[quote]All i could think of while watching this video, is what was going thru the minds of financially strapped husbands watching their wives spend money they didn't have on these scams? Clothes, protein bars, vitamin supplements, make-up. How much did Shanann have wrapped up in inventory?

It was probably thousands of dollars in inventory combined with all that other crap they spent their money on. I remember there was some anti-Lularore/MLM site that had stories of men divorcing their wives due to MLM debt.

by Anonymousreply 213January 19, 2019 9:25 PM

I wondered why, on the initial Officer Coonrod bodycam videos, there was no furniture in the dining room. I thought, "huh. Maybe Shanann was exercising a little self-discipline and not buying dining room furniture till they could afford it?"

But THEN, I saw her have a combination Lularoe clothing party and Pro-Bar taste testing party. And she had turned thee dining room into a clothing store with commercial racks filled with clothes. TONS of clothes. Like an entire store's worth.

She would terrify me. I don't think sshe would EVER have been satisfied with any sense of "enough".

by Anonymousreply 214January 20, 2019 3:39 AM

It would be the only thing to do, R213. I mean to stay would be commiting to hell.

by Anonymousreply 215January 20, 2019 3:19 PM

Why is this thread greyed out?

Anyway, Chris apparently told detectives some more details about his crime according to local news reports today, but the reports didn't say what.

by Anonymousreply 216March 1, 2019 4:29 AM

Here's the thread to dish about Shan'ann...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 217March 2, 2019 5:52 AM

^ Oops!

by Anonymousreply 218March 2, 2019 5:53 AM

Chris is lookin good in 179s pic, YUM!

by Anonymousreply 219March 3, 2019 4:42 AM

I'm surprised there is so much suspicion about how Shannan afforded that big house in NC. Has everyone already forgotten the sub prime mortgage explosion of the early 2000s? Everybody was buying houses they couldn't afford and hoping to flip them for an easy profit.

by Anonymousreply 220March 3, 2019 7:03 AM

This is a good thread! I still find this case fascinating. I can hardly wait for the new details of what Watts just told the cops to be released on March 8th (Or is it March 10th?)

Anyway, it’s amazing that there’s another chapter to this story; I wonder what the CO investigators could have possibly flown out to Wisconsin to hear, or what Chris could possibly think is “big enough” to have them come out there for....

I’m linking the other active DL thread (focused on Chris Watts) below....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 221March 3, 2019 10:43 AM

R220, did you see that house? And she wasn’t flipping. She built it. And furnished it (with tacky shit, oh my goodness that woman liked purple and aqua). On a waitress/retail manager’s salary.

What bank is giving a 20-something single woman making, what, $40k/year TOPS? a loan to build this house? Yes, people were buying things they could afford, but this... That doesn’t make sense.

She was a grifter with her buddy Hashem. That makes sense.

I also love when people say she got a huge settlement from her first husband in their divorce.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 222March 4, 2019 11:57 AM

Look at how Shanann tells Cassie to ask if she can buy a house using her Mother, since Cassie and Josh Rosenberg under went a foreclosure 3 years ago. And Shanann invites Josh and Cassie to live with them so Josh can get a job with Ace Hardware.

I’ll correct this post if I have to - it’s a three -way conversation with Shanann, Cassie, and Nickole so it’s confusing. But Good Lord - Cassie and Josh MOVE IN? Just like Shanann had her parents Sandra and Frank move in in 2015/2016 meanwhile while Shanann/Chris and Sandra/Frank file BK?

This gal always lived on the financial edge. She was a malignant narcissist who wrecked havoc when she was questioned. No wonder Cindy and Ronnie Watts said she was bipolar. I bet Shanann whacked out a lot.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 223March 4, 2019 10:54 PM

R222 everybody was exaggerating the crap out of their income and assets when applying for loans back then and getting away with it. I'm not at all surprised she was able to get the $ to build and furnish that house. Foolish and impulsive on her part, but not at all impossible at the time.

by Anonymousreply 224March 4, 2019 11:15 PM

The video of Chris and family at Myrtle Beach has been now taken down from YouTube, as well as most of the videos put up courtesy of Plunder.

In the August, 2018 video, Chris was was stunningly buff. Just stunning.

Man, I wish he had consulted a lawyer. He could’ve extracted himself from Shanann without too much damage. Long gone are the days where a Dad is left penniless and without children, although so many posters think that is the deal. Perhaps Chris thought that as well. What a tragedy.

by Anonymousreply 225March 4, 2019 11:45 PM

I feel really sorry for poor Chris, he should not be serving a life sentence!

by Anonymousreply 226March 9, 2019 9:32 PM

Daddy, no...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 227March 9, 2019 11:13 PM

That was a detailed and well written article, R227; better than most others I have read about his new confession. Thank you for posting it!

I’m male & a longtime DLer and you can “MARY!” me all you want to (I’m sure I deserve it), but this confession is extremely emotionally upsetting to me to read.

It is so fucking disturbing. Worse than anything that I or any “DL detective squad member” dreamed up—and we had a lot of theories about what went down since this happened. (And I say all this as someone who intensely dislikes Shan’ann and thinks she was a fucked up and manipulative (likely narcissist) who was probably Munchausen-ing the shit out of those two poor sickly little girls and mind fucking her henpecked husband on a daily basis...

I thought that we at DL had “figured out” what likely happened months ago (had pretty good, comprehensive theories about that night that made sense): he covered the girls faces while they were asleep in their beds (possibly even after sedating them) so they quickly died practically in their sleep and never knew that it was “daddy” who did it. Also thought they were killed before Shan’ann got home and so “never knew mommy was dead”.

But OH MY GOD! How wrong we all were. What a fucking nightmare! Chris Watts displayed Ted Bundy level coldness and emotionally tortured those girls before making them watch him killing each other and throwing their dead mother’s body around like trash.

He even put her body next to their feet on the floor of the truck with her head & feet covered with *trash bags* and took an hour driving them to the site they would be murdered at.

The coldness is just stunning. And it goes beyond coldness even—there’s almost like a sadistic quality to the whole thing. Like he wanted the toddlers to suffer.

Bella especially went through absolute hell. Chris even said to the investigators at one point: “Bella’s a smart girl, she knew what was going on”.

WTF?!? Why did he hate those little girls so much? He must have hated them, because he spared them no suffering and didn’t every try to shield them from their mother’s murder in any way.

And he killed Cece right next to Bella in the backseat. Why? I just don’t get the callousness towards the girls.

With Shan’ann (disclaimer: no, of course she didn’t deserve to die!) I could see there being an inexplicable level of anger there that could explode inside Chris & make him “snap”and be crazy & cold as fuck with her, but two scared little girls?

I just don’t get that at all. Their last hours were terrifying & uncomfortable & their deaths were neither quick or painless. That really upsets me.

Anyone have a guess as to why Chris was so brutal with his daughters?

It doesn’t appear that there was any history of beating or physical or sexual abuse with them & Chris (that we know of), so what the fuck happened?

How does he go from doing their hair every morning and making sure they had baths & snacks everyday (and reading them bedtime stories, etc.) to brutally cutting off their air supply & feeling nothing as they “grunt” and “move around under the Yankees blanket” struggling to breathe? It’s crazy & I just don’t understand it.

Not for one second did I think that the “big confession” Watts gave cops would be so brutal and nasty. I really didn’t. I had trouble sleeping after reading it. I know...MARY!

But it’s true. And even during the confession, he still doesn’t seem to feel bad for the two little girls. He just doesn’t. It’s very clinical and he doesn’t sound like he has real empathy for what they went through.

And I still think that he lied about some things and left details out of this confession.

I don’t trust every single thing he said & I still think he cares enough (for whatever reason) about his reputation & how people view him (close friends, family members like his mom & dad, and even Nichol K. and the public) to leave certain things out/fudge the truth about some of the incidents he described. I also think those same things motivate him to not be completely truthful about his true motives, etc.

by Anonymousreply 228March 10, 2019 12:37 AM

I do, r228.

by Anonymousreply 229March 11, 2019 12:40 AM

I’ll never get tired of speculating about her Munchhausen’s. Even her own mother admitted she shopped around until she got the “correct diagnosis”. And nursing school, befriending nurses and working in a children’s hospital?

by Anonymousreply 230March 11, 2019 7:50 PM

R230, Guuurrrl, this is the only place we're allowed to talk about her Munchausen's and Munchausen's by Proxy.

How hard is it to diagnose asthma? That was the elusive diagnosis that put them in debt this time. Why did her kids always have parallel medical problems? They BOTH needed surgeries at the same time; they BOTH had life-threatening allergies; they BOTH were rushed to the hospital on the same night for the same thing; they BOTH needed the same breathing treatments.

by Anonymousreply 231March 11, 2019 7:55 PM

Well said, R228.

by Anonymousreply 232March 12, 2019 3:35 AM

R231, that’s a very good point. My sister and I both had asthma when we were kids in the 80s. There were no albuterol pumps or nebulizers then. A bad attack meant a trip to the emergency room. Despite having the same triggers, we never had attacks at the same time. We never had to go to the ER together. Not even once.

by Anonymousreply 233March 12, 2019 12:34 PM

Yes, R231, good point! I can only imagine the medical problems that Nico would be “born with”...

by Anonymousreply 234March 12, 2019 12:53 PM

R231, yes! There is a FB group that has mentioned the Munchhausen, but it’s also something that the famous troll talks about and goofs on, so it’s been derailed a bit. I SWEAR she had it.

And I still want to know more about the drugs in bins in their basement. There’s a story there. Maybe that’s how she could afford to get manicures while their finances were in the shitter.

by Anonymousreply 235March 12, 2019 9:52 PM

I’m new to DL, didn’t even know it existed until 2 days ago whilst I was googling all that spoke about Frau Shan’ann Watts, asides from reddit then this is the best place to talk about her, YouTube is full of irrational crazy people that cut you down if you say anything less than Shan’ann was a Saint, thankgods I can be real here.

I didn’t like her at all, I basically agree with half the folks on here in that she was an attention seeking, materialistic, annoying AF Frau.

The real victims of this horrendous crimes are the wee girls, may their souls rest in peace.

Gone is HottieWattie and the FattieWattie (pronounce it like Whattie and it rhymes) is back in his rightful place, the guy went crazy being hot, fugly is where he belongs.

by Anonymousreply 236March 21, 2019 10:13 PM

Replying to myself - FattieWattie should be pronounced Fatty Watty as in Wat that rhymes with Fat..I’ve fucked up on the first post already :/

by Anonymousreply 237March 21, 2019 10:14 PM

I hope Chris is released someday, he shouldn't have to spend the rest of his life in prison.

by Anonymousreply 238March 22, 2019 12:41 AM

Shanann was such a grifter. I’m sorry she’s dead, but she was shady as fuck.

by Anonymousreply 239March 22, 2019 6:13 PM

R238 Um.......

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 240March 22, 2019 8:54 PM

Excellent observation, R228. I feel kind of the same way.

I posted earlier extensively about my suspicion that Chris went BALLISTIC about financial stress after getting the mail and seeing the Younique, Le-Vel, etc, charges on ballooning credit cards and then forging (I think) Shanann's signature when she was in NC, on the summons for the lawsuit by the Wyndham Hills HOA. Meanwhile, he’s doing the financial math about a divorce.

But Chris was so lackadaisical about the finances in the Feb 18 interview. Was he down-playing them because his brain could not process some inner rage about finances? Or was he completely oblivious and just filled with utter rage at Shannan and her doppelgänger kids dissing him?

He mentioned the girls mimicking Shanann, in that they threw chicken nuggets at him, so maybe it was all rage against Shanann and her public humiliations?

I will be curious to know if he was on the spectrum in some way. He was so clinical in throwing away his wife (understandable) but the kids? Maybe it was a neat and tidy rule.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 241March 31, 2019 5:49 PM

Chris should be let out of prison and given the chance to be hot again.

by Anonymousreply 242March 31, 2019 8:39 PM

[quote]I don’t trust every single thing he said & I still think he cares enough (for whatever reason) about his reputation & how people view him (close friends, family members like his mom & dad, and even Nichol K. and the public) to leave certain things out/fudge the truth about some of the incidents he described. I also think those same things motivate him to not be completely truthful about his true motives, etc. Anybody else feel this way? Think he’s still lying about some details?

Yes, R228, I agree with everything you wrote.

by Anonymousreply 243April 2, 2019 6:20 PM

I feel it’s a form of abuse to film and live broadcast your family at all times. Jesus. No doubt he snapped. She was a creep who wound up getting her kids killed for her control freak fuckery.

I have no use for him, but if the tables were turned, and the husband was filming, it’d be seen as abusive. Just saying

by Anonymousreply 244April 2, 2019 6:35 PM

R244 Like that YouTube family whose kid died of a random heart or brain condition and they livestreamed his funeral "for the fans"

by Anonymousreply 245April 2, 2019 6:47 PM

I wish I hadn't read that final interview with the murderer.

by Anonymousreply 246April 2, 2019 6:52 PM

R244, I firmly believe she was emotionally abusing and exploiting him. Not that he should have killed them, but she was a cunt to him and then when she realized he wasn’t going to take it anymore, she backpedaled furiously. “Why is he being so cold?” And then she does the usual bulldozer thing (she just couldn’t help it) and buys a self-help book and demands he read it and write a fucking book report on it.

If the tables had been turned, you bet it would have been called abuse.

by Anonymousreply 247April 2, 2019 8:53 PM

R247 I agree

by Anonymousreply 248April 2, 2019 11:28 PM

The girl who had it all.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 249April 7, 2019 12:43 AM

Here is a entertaining video of hausfraus selling Luluroe via MLM.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 250May 27, 2019 3:13 AM

Chris is a total hottie, Shanan was a a lucky gal.

by Anonymousreply 251May 28, 2019 1:13 AM

SOOOO lucky R251

by Anonymousreply 252May 28, 2019 5:25 AM

Chris watts should never get out of prison. However his mistress and HER boyfriend (Jim Gotuski), should also be in prison for the rest of THEIR lives. This was all a conspiracy to defraud Anadarko out of hundreds of millions of dollars in a wrongful death suit.

Chris Watts is not a sociopath. He is a greedy as fuck sociopath.

by Anonymousreply 253May 28, 2019 5:13 PM

R253, what’s the Anadarko lawsuit angle? Was he going to explode them in a tank and then sue? What do you mean? I’m not doubting exactly, I just need it explained.

I do agree that Kessinger had more involvement than she pretended. I’m not saying she killed anyone, but I think she goaded him. And Jim... I’d love to know more. Was she banging him, too?

Chris isn’t going anywhere, so he should turn her in.

by Anonymousreply 254May 28, 2019 5:20 PM

Fyes R254.

Look up the Anadarko explosion that occurred at battery in Mead, CO, about 20 miles from Cervi 319, the battery Chris Watts buried his wife at, and at which he dumped his daughters bodies into tanks. The Mead, CO explosion occured a year before the Watts murders.

I think he was planning to make it look like an accident, that Shanann Wayts came out looking for him, to confront him about his affair maybe. In reality they were all already dead. The girls in the tanks, neatly hidden from view. Shanann hidden in a very shallow grave. Why? Why would you bury your dead wife only a foot and a half underground? To hide her, not to inter her.

An accomplice would have driven her car out to the site, they would have detonated the explosion and voila. Grieving husband and father. Negligence. Suffering. Billions of dollars..... Ok, well millions anyway.

by Anonymousreply 255May 29, 2019 4:27 PM

You give him WAY too much credit R255

by Anonymousreply 256May 29, 2019 9:44 PM

No, not at all R256. The person who deserves the credit for masterminding this sick scheme is Nichol Kessinger. The woman who started googling Chris Watts and Shanann Watts just after the Mead explosion. More than a half year before their affair began. The cops never made her google searches public, but i am guessing she did a LOT of searches on her milquetoast co-workers, looking for just the right pigeon to pluck.

by Anonymousreply 257May 30, 2019 4:23 PM

Where are you getting this, R255/257?

by Anonymousreply 258June 4, 2019 5:26 AM

From the more than 2000 page discovery file published by the DA months ago.

by Anonymousreply 259June 5, 2019 5:35 PM

I would love to have a conjugal visit Chris Watts!

by Anonymousreply 260June 6, 2019 5:26 AM

r255/r257 is a moron. There's no such suggestion of that scenario in the discovery.

by Anonymousreply 261June 9, 2019 9:48 PM

No, but the evidence to support it is in the discovery, R261. I assure you i am not a moron. Unlike you, who apparently defines his evaluation of a situation by what he is spoon-fed, rather than by investigating for himself, or by asking questions about the LE interpretation of data.

by Anonymousreply 262June 12, 2019 4:33 PM

Happy deathaversary, Shanannanananananana!!

by Anonymousreply 263August 18, 2019 2:13 AM

THRIVE with me!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 264August 18, 2019 2:20 AM

I hope Chris is okay.

by Anonymousreply 265August 18, 2019 2:38 AM

Still thriving! And preggo!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 266August 18, 2019 2:50 AM

R263 Lol.

This thread is hilarious.

by Anonymousreply 267April 22, 2021 12:28 AM

If you had to list her good points, she had a social life. She wasn't some hermit shut in who posted incessantly on DL.

How many of us could say we have friends that would be there the next day looking for us with cops?

by Anonymousreply 268September 10, 2022 3:07 PM

Her story is that of the majority of bisexual men living a lie. I followed the guy who was having an affair with Chris for over a year after he came out and he never changed his stories and would go on many details. Too bad there wasn't a trial so we can hear it all, because it was too actual to be ignored.

by Anonymousreply 269September 10, 2022 3:24 PM

*living a lie with a woman.

by Anonymousreply 270September 10, 2022 3:25 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!