Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Chilling Adventures of Sabrina Part 2

Continue the deviltry!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 175January 12, 2020 9:17 PM

Link to Part 1

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1January 3, 2019 5:08 PM

Interestingly, you can buy a statue of Baphomet at Walmart. Didn't they ban some books for being too sexual, not ten years ago? Note that it is not cold cast bronze, it is a resin sculpture with a bronze finish, inappropriately labeled.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2January 3, 2019 5:10 PM

Here's Harvey and Ambrose enjoying a little man-on-man action

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3January 3, 2019 5:15 PM

Links to the casts' social media accounts

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4January 3, 2019 5:17 PM

Comparing the comic book characters to their counterparts

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5January 3, 2019 5:19 PM

So was Aunt Hilda adding love potion to a customer's coffee?

by Anonymousreply 6January 3, 2019 5:20 PM

Yes of course She gave Luke a potion to make him really into Ambrose r6. Remember Ambrose complaining to her that Luke was brushing him off and how lonely he was?

by Anonymousreply 7January 3, 2019 5:35 PM

Ah, thanks, r7

by Anonymousreply 8January 3, 2019 5:37 PM

Ross Lynch is dating Jaz Sinclair.

by Anonymousreply 9January 3, 2019 5:51 PM

Kiernan Shipka is a terrible actress. She’s not Emma Watson bad, but I wish she were less sassy young teen and more dreamy young witch.

I love her outfits though, and indeed all the costumes.

by Anonymousreply 10January 3, 2019 7:47 PM

[quote]Jaz Sinclair

cunt

by Anonymousreply 11January 3, 2019 10:07 PM

R2 that is fucking creepy.

by Anonymousreply 12January 4, 2019 1:32 AM

Prudence is such a ham.

by Anonymousreply 13January 4, 2019 8:27 AM

R13 Prudence is awesome!

by Anonymousreply 14January 4, 2019 3:58 PM

Prudence WANTED to be eaten, she is such a ham .

She needs cloves...

by Anonymousreply 15January 4, 2019 5:53 PM

She has cloven hooves!

by Anonymousreply 16January 4, 2019 6:43 PM

Bronson Pinchot is oddly hot as Principal Hawthorne.

by Anonymousreply 17January 6, 2019 3:18 AM

R2 It is because Walmart, Sears, Kmart, and a few others allow third parties to sell things through their sites without any oversight as to what they are selling. That statue is actually sold by Atlantic Collectibles. Whenever you see articles about them selling racist items, etc... it is because they have failed to provide oversight.

by Anonymousreply 18January 6, 2019 3:25 AM

Can’t wait for Aunt Hilda to rep the BBW and get down with Dr Saperstein.

by Anonymousreply 19January 6, 2019 10:02 AM

I guess there won't be a Mr Kraft in this version.

by Anonymousreply 20January 6, 2019 12:02 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21January 6, 2019 10:06 PM

Honestly, Melissa Joan Hart barely even exists. Where the fuck was this dug up from?

by Anonymousreply 22January 6, 2019 11:07 PM

And here I thought she was one of the good ones R21

by Anonymousreply 23January 6, 2019 11:09 PM

Does anyone else think that Harvey didn’t really shoot his zombified brother.

We only heard the shot, and there was a fumbly explanation of using another funeral home outside of town.

by Anonymousreply 24January 6, 2019 11:11 PM

You're probably right, r24.

Harvey reminds me of a cuter, dumber, less talented Evan Peters.

by Anonymousreply 25January 7, 2019 12:46 AM

R24, if Tommy zombie was still around, wouldn’t Agatha still be vomiting gravel?

by Anonymousreply 26January 7, 2019 1:19 AM

I love how autumnal this series looks.

by Anonymousreply 27January 15, 2019 5:07 AM

[Quote] Harvey reminds me of a cuter, dumber, less talented Evan Peters.

Lol perfect description.

by Anonymousreply 28January 15, 2019 5:17 AM

I want to bed wrestle Chance Perdomo.

by Anonymousreply 29January 15, 2019 5:25 AM

Chance has that look where he could actually be 75 and you can't really tell. He doesn't look young, but has that sort of ageless quality about his face where he could be 20 or 200.

by Anonymousreply 30January 18, 2019 3:14 PM

I enjoyed it, but two things from the end of the season have potential to bog things down.

Sabrina already is too obsessed with Harvey, but now that they have broken-up, I am afraid they will really go all out on the Harvey-angst. I thought his brother was hotter, too bad that actor is not playing the part.

I really liked how Hilda was fleshed out and shown to be more three dimensional as the season continued. However, I am not thrilled with the baby development. Babies rarely add anything to a show and often bring things to a halt. I kind of wish her affair with the High Priest would have continued longer, and I think his wife had potential to be an antagonist and would have rather had both of her babies die and she live..

Definitely went darker than I would have guessed and it has a decent cast. They will never be able to do a cross-over with Riverdale, since Sabrina and her friends actually look like they could be in high school and are not models who look like they are too old to be in college much less high school.

by Anonymousreply 31January 18, 2019 3:25 PM

Isn't Bronson Pinchot dead?

by Anonymousreply 32January 18, 2019 3:41 PM

[quote]Definitely went darker than I would have guessed and it has a decent cast. They will never be able to do a cross-over with Riverdale, since Sabrina and her friends actually look like they could be in high school and are not models who look like they are too old to be in college much less high school.

Kiernan Shipka auditioned for Betty on Riverdale. She was probably rejected because she looks very young.

by Anonymousreply 33January 27, 2019 9:34 PM

So Zelda gave the baby to the weirdo in the forest?

by Anonymousreply 34January 28, 2019 3:14 AM

Part 2 trailer.

Supposedly very romance-heavy so I'm not that excited about it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35March 18, 2019 2:05 PM

Hopefully a lot of romance between Ambrose and Luke

by Anonymousreply 36March 18, 2019 2:09 PM

APRIL 5TH!

by Anonymousreply 37March 18, 2019 6:01 PM

Not too long of a wait then.

by Anonymousreply 38March 18, 2019 7:40 PM

add GoT and April is going to be exceptional.

by Anonymousreply 39March 18, 2019 7:43 PM

And Killing Eve! And Fosse/Verdon! And new She-Ra! Busy month.

Les Misérables is coming to PBS as well, although I didn't like that one at all.

by Anonymousreply 40March 18, 2019 7:49 PM

[Quote]Hopefully a lot of romance between Ambrose and Luke

I've said this before but Ambrose and Luke isnt a romance, Luke is under a potion! But the fall out from that plotline should be fun, I'm fairly certain Luke is going to be a villian and was involved in his ex's death.

Also I am hoping the Sabrina/Harvey/Nick triangle just leads to a threesome.

by Anonymousreply 41March 18, 2019 7:51 PM

Why is Baphomet wearing pants? He’s embarrassed by his hairy legs?

by Anonymousreply 42March 18, 2019 7:58 PM

R41 she didn't participate in the orgy......

by Anonymousreply 43March 18, 2019 7:58 PM

Yeah but that was before the character broke bad r43, now that she is on the walking on the wild side part of her arc.

by Anonymousreply 44March 18, 2019 8:04 PM

R44 I guess?? She didn't seem that wild in the Xmas episode.

by Anonymousreply 45March 18, 2019 8:09 PM

The View on Friday!

by Anonymousreply 46March 31, 2019 8:33 PM

Nine new episodes of second season are out today. I've decided to take it slow this time around, so it'll last longer.

by Anonymousreply 47April 5, 2019 1:59 PM

Its already out today? I know what I'll be doing after work.

by Anonymousreply 48April 5, 2019 2:02 PM

I don't think i'll start it until next week. Doesn't feel like that long of a wait from when it finished.....which isn't a bad thing.

by Anonymousreply 49April 5, 2019 4:30 PM

So... is this season void of anything gay? Ambrose is spending all his time kissing women and not once a guy. Fuck this shit. Once again a bi character is bi in name only, seems like the "bi" character always prefers just one sex and never the other, why is that? And why is that one sex always female and not male? Again; FUCK THIS SHIT.

by Anonymousreply 50April 5, 2019 4:37 PM

[Quote]Once again a bi character is bi in name only,

But in season 1 we only saw Ambrose with men, wouldn't showing him with women now be the definition of bisexuality....?

(I haven't started the season yet, but you seem hysterical)

by Anonymousreply 51April 5, 2019 4:43 PM

We saw Ambrose in a mixed orgy kissing a woman in the first season. And no, r50 isn't hysterical. The first season has zero gay guys apart from that horrifically murdered uncle and the forcibly outed bully. Plus it features homosexuality as the butt of a joke with that cave prank. So its record on male gay representation isn't that great at all. Which is bizarre for a show with four gay writers and a gay showrunner, but whatever.

by Anonymousreply 52April 5, 2019 4:56 PM

NINE episodes dropped today!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 53April 5, 2019 11:21 PM

I’m sitting down to watch s2 and I’m struggling to get through the first ep. Drubbing the viewer over the head with male chauvinism circa 1970 — is that what girl power is all about on teevee?

by Anonymousreply 54April 6, 2019 12:16 AM

Ambrose is seen dating both a man (his boyfriend from last season) and a woman (Prudence) this season.

by Anonymousreply 55April 6, 2019 3:02 AM

Gavin Leatherwood as Nick Scratch is really cute, but his ethnic identity has been more mysterious than Soledad O'Brien's.

I finally discovered he's mixed race: Native American and white.

by Anonymousreply 56April 6, 2019 3:04 AM

Alessandro Juliani from Battlestar Galactica got really fat! :-(

by Anonymousreply 57April 6, 2019 4:05 AM

That's where I recongized him from r57.

Been bringing through this season tonight, after a string of episodes that varied in quality, episode 6 was absolutely bonkers.

by Anonymousreply 58April 6, 2019 4:22 AM

Gavin Leatherwood was hitting the weights between filming the seasons, way more buff than he was in Season 1.

by Anonymousreply 59April 6, 2019 4:33 AM

I want to watch Harvey ride some satanist D.

by Anonymousreply 60April 6, 2019 9:17 AM

Alright, I've finished the season so some scattered thoughts.

The beginning with the Susie/Theo basketball plotline was weak. As the coach rightly points out Theo is short and sucks at basketball, it is exactly the wrong plotline to argue gender inclusion because it is completely unmerited. Sabrina helps him cheat to get on the team but it is never brought up again the rest of the season even though Theo would go back to sucking at basketball and bringing down the team without Sabrina's help.

Did they not like the actor that plays Luke? It seemed that was building to a bigger plotline but they changed course and decided to quickly get rid of him. They pretty unceremoniously just killed him off. Also it is weird they had Prudence ask Ambrose if she "could convert him", when they have done an orgy together already and she knows he isnt strictly gay. I wonder if they were nervous about blowback, I noticed they went out of their way to show male/male couples in background scenes and played up the bisexuality of the new Dorian Gray character.

Michelle Gomez continues to fucking own this show. Lilith was a fascinating character and glad they fleshed out more of her backstory. Seeing her cry at the play was a great moment.

MAJOR SPOILERS ahead.

Once we got the witch hunter showdown in Ep 6, I figured Sabrina must have been Satans daughter. How very Luke Skywalker of the show. Interesting that my blood now she isnt even a Spellman. Also the reveal that Nick Scratch was ordered to get close to her makes sense, they had obviously been teasing something there. Though the fans wondered if he was Satan, and he literally becomes Satan at the end.

Which damn, thanks for making Satan sexy as fuck and walk around naked showing off his ass. Times like that you can tell the writing room is gay guys.

I was surprised how much of a reset this season was. Huge changes in the conclusion and it feels like it could have been a series finale yet there are many seasons to go.

by Anonymousreply 61April 6, 2019 1:47 PM

[Quote]I finally discovered he's mixed race: Native American and white.

I always assumed he was half asian, but now that you say that his last name is very Native American.

by Anonymousreply 62April 6, 2019 3:31 PM

They killed off Ambrose's boyfriend. Another tv show killing off its gay characters. I won't watch it anymore.

by Anonymousreply 63April 6, 2019 7:56 PM

[quote]Drubbing the viewer over the head with male chauvinism circa 1970 — is that what girl power is all about on teevee?

It's obviously based on the Catholic Church structure, which is still a very chauvinistic organization in which women aren't allowed in any top positions so that theme was okay for me.

by Anonymousreply 64April 7, 2019 3:00 PM

Too much trans this season

by Anonymousreply 65April 7, 2019 5:40 PM

Hey, trans happens...

by Anonymousreply 66April 7, 2019 6:04 PM

Wonder if the showrunners were told to tone down the gay

by Anonymousreply 67April 7, 2019 6:06 PM

Suzy/Theo ended up being the least annoying mortal character imo, even with the after school special-ness of his coming out. Roz and Harvey were petulant whiny dweebs this entire season. Anytime the show went back to them was such a bore.

by Anonymousreply 68April 7, 2019 6:06 PM

They were a bore, but Harvey looked fine as fuck in those little gym shorts. Lynch has nice legs :)

by Anonymousreply 69April 7, 2019 6:42 PM

So they killed off one of two gays and not a single gay kiss the entire season. Zzzzzzz. I'm so over this shitty show. Goodbye, I won't miss ya.

by Anonymousreply 70April 7, 2019 6:44 PM

There was actually a few gay kisses r70, but they were all in the background.

And I don't think there is an actual *gay* witch character. Ambrose, Luke, and now Dorian Grey are all bi. Though even Nick Scratch is a little bi. It seems to be all about pansexuality with the witches.

by Anonymousreply 71April 7, 2019 6:47 PM

[Quote]Wonder if the showrunners were told to tone down the gay

Literally what I was thinking. They killed off Ambrose's boyfriend and he didn't get a love interest all season long. Not even a single gay kiss. Fuck this shit. I'm so over this show. What was a great first season turned out to be such a boring second season devoid of anything gay.

by Anonymousreply 72April 7, 2019 6:49 PM

Agree with this Twitter thread

[quote]Season 2 of Sabrina creates conflicting feelings as it handles wonderfully the coming out of a trans character while contradicting their own setting rules with the portrayal of gay and sexually powerful characters?

[quote]Like ok you establish that witches are pretty open with indulging in sex and pleasure yet multiple witch characters engrained in and shown to enjoy the openness are suddenly jealous, disloyal, and the only gay couple suffers the villainization of one that leads to bury your gays

[quote]This show is mostly really solid and does some interesting world building in using the witch world as a way to talk about how performative empowerment can be a cover for deep rooted patriarchal systems but when they drop the ball they do it in really weird and clumsy places

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 73April 7, 2019 6:52 PM

Spoilers for the second season ahead.

Overall I like the second season very much (Satan in angel form is hot as fuck, would serve that guy any day! *LOL*). A bit bummed that there was no gay content this season.

So I guess they completely dropped the guy's, and his familiar's, murder in season one (Luke's ex). Also, barely any Salem. I was hoping they'd do more with him and his shape shifting. Getting rid of Luke felt like a strange afterthought. I thought they would go somewhere with Dorian (Jedidiah Goodacre is also in the Netflix show The Order as entitled douche bro magician) but nothing came out of it. Adam DiMarco (The Magicians, The Order) has a brief cameo as one of the Judas brothers who attack Mandrake Sabrina. LOVE the "Invasion of the Body Snatchers" tribute and the guest appearance of Veronica Cartwright.

I was a bit underwhelmed by Lilith this season. Not much camp and dark humor, but all about humanizing her.

I guessed the twist with Nicholas last season (the Dark Lord not putting all of his trust into Lilith to watch over Sabrina).

by Anonymousreply 74April 7, 2019 11:00 PM

Spencer Treat Clark (Animal Kingdom) makes a guest apperance in one episode.

by Anonymousreply 75April 7, 2019 11:02 PM

SPOILER: They get rid of the Baphomet statue half-way through the season. Praise Satan, I guess.

by Anonymousreply 76April 7, 2019 11:04 PM

I love all the various paintings with dark and witchy subject matter peppered throughout the show. Reminiscint of the art in Minnie and Roman Castavet’s apartment.

by Anonymousreply 77April 7, 2019 11:47 PM

Nikolai Witschl (Dr. Curdle Jr., the coroner, on Riverdale) plays a different character in the second season of this show.

by Anonymousreply 78April 7, 2019 11:52 PM

In one episode they have slightly altered versions of the TAROT RIDER WAITE card deck. That might get our DL tarot fans a bit moist.

by Anonymousreply 79April 7, 2019 11:54 PM

I would like to take a minute to acknowledge Jedidiah Goodacre, who played Dorian Gray in season 2

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 80April 8, 2019 12:16 AM

I like how they dealt with the Susi / Theo storyline and the support Theo received from the others. It was a nice change from all the dark and gloomy stuff.

by Anonymousreply 81April 8, 2019 1:16 AM

The second season is surprisingly chaste even though it includes an "anything goes" witches and warlock version of Valentine's Day episode.

by Anonymousreply 82April 8, 2019 10:22 AM

Swallow that wad in your mouth!

by Anonymousreply 83April 8, 2019 10:25 AM

Finally got to the final episode of the season. Looks like they got obviously gay Australian actor Luke Cook to play Lucifer. He's mostly naked a lot too.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 84April 8, 2019 4:00 PM

R83, and he was cute.

by Anonymousreply 85April 8, 2019 4:44 PM

Alright this post is kinda making me fall for Luke Cook

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 86April 8, 2019 4:50 PM

Most of his Instagram posts are really funny! Hot and hilarious, what a sexy combo.

by Anonymousreply 87April 8, 2019 5:26 PM

Yeah in his instagram story from today he quips about fucking Gavin Leatherwood, I am just gonna decide that's what is really happening.

by Anonymousreply 88April 8, 2019 5:27 PM

r88. Hiding in plain sight. *giggle*

by Anonymousreply 89April 8, 2019 5:29 PM

This show makes me sure that if the supernatural were real, I would be a dark witch for sure.

by Anonymousreply 90April 8, 2019 11:01 PM

My guess is next season Ambrose will be dating Prudence and we'll not have anything gay.

I'm also shocked that they had Dorian Gray this season but didn't have him fuck Ambrose.

by Anonymousreply 91April 8, 2019 11:09 PM

Luke Cook was unbelievably hot. plus we got to see his great ass and his VPL.

Since all the witches are bi, I didn't really miss a gay love story for Ambrose. And there was lots of gay kissing among the extras.

I agree withe person upthread who said the Susie/Theo basketball plot didn't work. Since Theo can only play basketball well when Sabrina is casting spells to help them, it made no sense they kept playing with the team after Sabrina stopped helping. they are too short and uncoordinated to play. I really like the young trans actor who plays Theo, though--they and the girl who plays Roz are two of the best actors on the show. (Ross Lynch is one of the worst.)

Kiernan Shipka is very appealing, but she should have taken time off to take genuine intensive acting lessons after Mad Men. She's going to be one of those child Actors who retains her stardom as an adult but who never learns how to really act, and just relies on appealing mannerisms she did as a child (see also: Elizabeth Taylor, Natalie Wood, Winona Ryder). Your only chance as a child actor to make it as an adult is to take time off--as Jodie Foster and Ryan Gosling did--and re-learn your craft all over again.

I really enjoy the campy performances of Mirando Otto, Richard Doyle, and ESPECIALLY Michelle Gomez. Lucy Davis is appealing as Aunt Hilda, but sometime she is so twitchy as to be distracting and annoying. I wish the Weird Sisters were better actresses.

I enjoyed the cameos by the different actors associated with the horror/surreal genre this season. William B davis loooks like he's about to pop off, but Ray Wise was fun, and Veronica Cartwright stole her entire episode.

by Anonymousreply 92April 8, 2019 11:51 PM

SPOILER: I was hoping Alexis Denisof's character turns out to be a serial killer (killing people while he travels around the world) about to murder Mrs. Wardwell. But then he was just reduced to being a plot device that turns Lilith against the Dark Lord.

by Anonymousreply 93April 9, 2019 9:23 PM

Overall I like the second season, but I found the execution a bit uneven or unpolished like the production struggled with last minute changes and had to scramble to come up with new solutions. But the payoff in the end was pretty great and satisfying. A hot Lucifer Morningstar and Lilith entering hell with pride wearing the crown to the music of The Doors' This Is The End.

by Anonymousreply 94April 9, 2019 9:33 PM

R93 plus he was endlessly pussy whipped. If they added a line about her putting him under a devotion spell, it would've played better.

"Hi, I'm here to please you and have no needs/desires of my own but to be near you"

by Anonymousreply 95April 9, 2019 11:13 PM

[quote]SPOILER: I was hoping Alexis Denisof's character turns out to be a serial killer (killing people while he travels around the world) about to murder Mrs. Wardwell. But then he was just reduced to being a plot device that turns Lilith against the Dark Lord.

He treated her well. He didn't mind her weird quirks. He didn't do it because he was afraid of her. He let her be who she is. He taught Lilith that she could do better than Lucifer who had been treating her horribly forever. For once someone wanted to take care of her needs and she didn't have to do anything for them like she did Lucifer.

So while he was a plot device, he was a clever one, IMHO. It wasn't as simple as, "you killed someone I loved!" it was more, "And he was a way better person that you so now it is I who have no use for YOU."

[quote]And I don't think there is an actual *gay* witch character. Ambrose, Luke, and now Dorian Grey are all bi. Though even Nick Scratch is a little bi. It seems to be all about pansexuality with the witches.

I don't think there is at this point. It's very much like The Magicians where everyone is bi. In a way it's kind of a cop out. They can have their gay moment with a character and then immediately place them with the opposite sex right after like nothing happened.

by Anonymousreply 96April 10, 2019 12:07 AM

Why are you all calling this season 2? This bunch of episodes is the second half of season 1, not season 2.

by Anonymousreply 97April 10, 2019 12:41 AM

R297 I believe you're right but it's being called S1 part 2 and S2 in various parts of the web. Tomato, tomahto. Splitting a season is dumb.

by Anonymousreply 98April 10, 2019 12:57 AM

R98 That's how Netflix does a lot of their original shows. I thought people would be used to it by now.

by Anonymousreply 99April 10, 2019 1:01 AM

R97, Netflix splits seasons for some of their shows. There's a whole financial reason behind it involving promotion costs, production costs, something to do with the actors contracts and it also limits the ability to binge and a show and stretches the product.

Sabrina is unique in that, despite the fact that the season is split and they shot them all at once, their episodes/season numbers are designed with that in mind.

This doesn't happen on every show (since not every show knew that their seasons would be split when they were in production like Kimmy Schmidt or Arrested Development) but they knew the episodes would air this way this time.

The cast, the writers, the articles on it all refer to "Part 2" of Season 1 as "Season 2." They'll shoot Part 3 & Part 4 back to back even though they're technically Season 2 and they'll likely be referred to as "Season 3" and "Season 4."

by Anonymousreply 100April 10, 2019 1:03 AM

R100 yeah, I've seen Season 1 Part 2 and Season 2 in various articles.

by Anonymousreply 101April 10, 2019 1:05 AM

Even Netflix calls it Part 2 on their site.

by Anonymousreply 102April 10, 2019 2:30 AM

[spoiler alert]

What did we think about the last episode? Sabrina wants to go to hell to get Nick back.

by Anonymousreply 103April 10, 2019 4:43 AM

So now we wait another year?

by Anonymousreply 104April 10, 2019 5:28 PM

Yes they haven't started filming season 3 yet so it will be a while.

by Anonymousreply 105April 10, 2019 5:31 PM

R104,

They start filming Season 3 April 29th.

Which means they'll probably get the first half out around Halloween as they did last year.

by Anonymousreply 106April 10, 2019 9:10 PM

[quote] So while he was a plot device, he was a clever one, IMHO. It wasn't as simple as, "you killed someone I loved!" it was more, "And he was a way better person that you so now it is I who have no use for YOU."

It was done to humanize her. Early on we knew she had her own plans since she was quite aware that Sabrina was more important to the Dark Lord than she was. Because of that the humanizing the viewer is more forgiving that she wins in the end even after she killed the principal, Susi's uncle, and various extras.

by Anonymousreply 107April 10, 2019 9:25 PM

[quote]Early on we knew she had her own plans since she was quite aware that Sabrina was more important to the Dark Lord than she was.

I don't know that she truly gets "humanized" as much as she realizes that her boyfriend is a jerk and stops doing what he wants.

First she didn't know the entirety of his plans for Sabrina so she did his bidding with no questions.

When she found out, she thought she could convince him that she should rule beside him.

When that didn't work she held on to the idea that Sabrina would never completely turn to the dark side.

Of course that failed so she decided she was going to kill Sabrina which was interrupted by ... her boyfriend showing up.

And after The Dark Lord killed her boyfriend she finally decided to turn against him.

Sabrina and her friends are left alone because they're no longer part of her plan but the people who died (Like the principal so she could control the school/Sabrina and Susi's uncle to make Sabrina flex her power) were part of the Dark Lord's plan or collateral damage.

The Pizza Guy she killed is a running Riverdale Universe gag with that actor.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 108April 10, 2019 10:46 PM

I enjoyed the naked devil.

by Anonymousreply 109April 12, 2019 4:00 PM

I was really grossed out by that the Devil was going to bang his own daughter. But being the Devil I assume that was the point.

by Anonymousreply 110April 12, 2019 4:19 PM

Finally finished it. It's a fun little romp but puddle-deep when it comes to emotional stakes, same as the first season. I do love the themes being explored, though. Third episode was the worst of the bunch and probably of the entire series.

No gay content of any kind this season, so A+ work from that gaggle of gays (and the showrunner) in the writers room. Splendid work, guys! I actually started howling with laughter when Luke simply got killed offscreen and Ambrose was shown being distraught. They had zero physical interaction this season; in fact, he was shown frenching Prudence instead. And the actor playing Ambrose really needs to stop doing that thing he does with his voice most of the time as it's making me cringe. Just talk the way you do in real life, please.

The last episode looked like a million bucks and that shot with Michelle Gomez carrying Nick to hell was iconic. The actor playing Lucifer (Luke Cook) is gorgeous and has the perfect body. He was more than competent for an Australian actor as this could easily have gone (overly) camp really quickly.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 111April 12, 2019 4:47 PM

I hope Luke Cook is back next season. He did a great job and I admit based on his Instagram, I have a massive crush on him. He deserves more exposure and roles. I think he’d kill in a comedy.

by Anonymousreply 112April 12, 2019 4:52 PM

He can even sing!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 113April 12, 2019 4:58 PM

R94 Sure, season 2 was great. They erased everything gay, but never mind that.

by Anonymousreply 114April 12, 2019 5:05 PM

I’m bored as shit by her friends and their hs problems.

I don’t understand all of you distraught over the gay stuff. From what I can see the witches and warlocks are all sexually fluid and they have to think of ratings.

by Anonymousreply 115April 12, 2019 5:45 PM

I wish Susie would have been killed off in part 2.

by Anonymousreply 116April 13, 2019 6:48 PM

r116, did you actually SEE the season?

SPOILER: Susi is no more. He is Theo now. So yeah, in a way Susi is dead.

by Anonymousreply 117April 13, 2019 6:51 PM

They gave up the gay storyline for the transgender one, what a shame.

It was completely stupid for Sabrina to help Susie/Theo in the basketball trials. S/he would always need Sabrina's help after that.

by Anonymousreply 118April 13, 2019 8:20 PM

I don’t think Luke is gone for good. It was too ambiguous. Died doing “the Dark Lords work”? Like what?

by Anonymousreply 119April 14, 2019 3:16 PM

I hope there is less Sheo crap next season.

by Anonymousreply 120April 14, 2019 3:26 PM

They may as well just get rid of Salem. As her familiar he’s been eessentally useless as guardian, spy and deed doer.

by Anonymousreply 121April 14, 2019 3:36 PM

Did you miss the scene where it showed him getting murdered by the witch hunters r119?

by Anonymousreply 122April 14, 2019 5:48 PM

Season 2 sucked. Nothing gay whatsoever. I will boycott the show for killing yet another gay character. I hope they're proud they took advantage of the "bury your gays" trope.

by Anonymousreply 123April 14, 2019 5:51 PM

[quote]They gave up the gay storyline for the transgender one, what a shame.

They didn't "give up" anything! All of the witches are bisexual. It's annoying but they've made that pretty clear.

Also since this was all written as "Season 1," Theo was always going to be transgender. They just hadn't gotten to that part yet.

[quote]I hope Luke Cook is back next season. He did a great job and I admit based on his Instagram, I have a massive crush on him. He deserves more exposure and roles. I think he’d kill in a comedy.

It seems like the cast (especially Gavin Leatherwood and Kiernan) like him a lot. He'll likely be back.

Gavin Leatherwood did an interview where he stated that he was only contracted for 4 episodes of the series, but he started hanging out with the cast and then Chance Perdamo spoke up and they started adding him into more and more scenes, even if he had nothing to do just to have him around on set. He wasn't even supposed to be in the orgy scene.

Come "Part 2 of Season One" or "Season 2" he became a major part of the cast and story.

The two were very friendly as all the guys seem to be.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 124April 14, 2019 6:10 PM

From Kiernan's instagram, she invited Luke Cook to hang out with her friends yesterday.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 125April 14, 2019 6:15 PM

That "all witches are bisexual" line is such a cop out.

by Anonymousreply 126April 14, 2019 6:16 PM

R126, I feel the same way as when a show reveals that they are going to tells us that a character that we've known for years is GAY but then it turns out to be a woman who has a lesbian makeout scene in an episode because straight men don't care about that. Shows making everyone bisexual is another cop out.

by Anonymousreply 127April 14, 2019 6:44 PM

I love this show so much. Strong women, hot men.

by Anonymousreply 128April 16, 2019 2:15 AM

Judging by his IG comments, I'm pretty sure Luke Cook is one of us

by Anonymousreply 129April 16, 2019 3:02 AM

Theo is blah, but the actress does quite well

by Anonymousreply 130April 18, 2019 8:55 AM

I don't even know where to begin....

I enjoyed these latest eps but it felt very rushed. I didn't care for Ambrose/Prudence and i can't remember if he finds out the truth about Luke's death? I'd like to see him with Dorian next season.

The Susie/Theo shit was silly and that speech she gave to her dad....😑

They defeated Satan very quickly and i think they should've brought him in earlier.

Hilda is a badass and i hope we see more of her [italic]cooking[/italic] next season.

They made Faustus ott and i hope he gets killed off sooner rather than later.

Sabrina constantly rushing into situations headfirst got tired real quick (the Mandrake episode). And so did the constant backtalk she did with the older characters. I feel like they let her get away with it too much.

Roz/Harvey came out of nowhere.

I was glad to see Wesley join the show. Wish he'd stayed longer.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 131April 18, 2019 9:28 PM

Will Sheo be recast for season 3?

by Anonymousreply 132April 20, 2019 9:08 PM

R132 no

by Anonymousreply 133April 21, 2019 10:23 AM

r132, Sheo? How old are you, 10? Isn't the show a bit too mature for you?

by Anonymousreply 134April 21, 2019 10:42 AM

I don't take any of it seriously. It is fun comic romp no matter who is gay and who is not.

Sabrina is a decent enough actress and is surrounded by a great cast of scenery chewers.

I do miss Bronson Pinchot as the principal, maybe he can ghost next season, he was quite good.

by Anonymousreply 135April 21, 2019 10:53 AM

[Quote] Sabrina is a decent enough actress and is surrounded by a great cast of scenery chewers.

Sometimes she's a bit much when giving a speech. I noticed it a lot more in this second half of eps.

by Anonymousreply 136April 21, 2019 4:44 PM

First batch of episodes was fun. This second batch was a slog. It felt really disjointed, like they were making up the arc episode-to-episode and sometimes within the episode. The devil was hot and I'm glad I have seen his Instagram.

by Anonymousreply 137April 21, 2019 7:09 PM

Sending your boyfriend to hell to save the world. How Buffy Season 2.

by Anonymousreply 138April 21, 2019 9:10 PM

R138 I didn't even think of that lol. So far the writing for Buffy is still better.

by Anonymousreply 139April 22, 2019 4:02 AM

The Melissa Joan Hart series was better. At least, the first 4 seasons.

by Anonymousreply 140April 22, 2019 4:09 AM

I'm still surprised by how many fans Salem has. I mean, I wish he had a bigger part too. But it's not ruining the show either.

by Anonymousreply 141April 22, 2019 4:28 AM

I am almost to the end of the season. I hope they destroy Blackwood.

by Anonymousreply 142April 22, 2019 8:19 AM

R138 - not only that and the Wesley connection. But when Harvey asked what their human supernatural fight club should be called I almost thought he'd say...the Scooby gang. But the humans on this show are pretty underwritten and useless. The action grinds to a halt every time we have to check in with Roz, Theo and Harvey at Baxter High.

by Anonymousreply 143April 22, 2019 2:59 PM

Except Buffy didn't immediately try to undo the apocalypse because she wasn't an idiot.

by Anonymousreply 144April 22, 2019 3:12 PM

Garrett Clayton Praises Ross Lynch's Harvey in 'Chilling Adventures of Sabrina'

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 145April 22, 2019 11:17 PM

Ross is so sexy. Is his hair dyed brown for the show (I read) and in those blond pics? It looks too yellow to be real.

I searched for his dick pics but all I could find were blurry :(

The Satan guy was the hottest of all the hot guys on the show!

by Anonymousreply 146April 23, 2019 12:09 AM

Fuck Ross get Satan's dick pics.

by Anonymousreply 147April 23, 2019 8:07 AM

R76 They were sued for unauthorized use by the people that own the real statue.

by Anonymousreply 148April 23, 2019 4:38 PM

Love it!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 149April 23, 2019 6:07 PM

I didn't like Sabrina's blouses this season

by Anonymousreply 150April 27, 2019 2:38 PM

[quote]Fuck Ross get Satan's dick pics.

[quote]I didn't like Sabrina's blouses this season

DL in a nutshell.

by Anonymousreply 151April 27, 2019 2:42 PM

So Sabrina is the Antichrist? Never saw that coming.

by Anonymousreply 152April 27, 2019 2:51 PM

R152 I found that less shocking than the angels. There was no build up to them. I hope that's more fleshed out next season.

by Anonymousreply 153April 27, 2019 5:01 PM

Yeah Sabeina being the child of Satan was the only thing that made sense given Satans obsession with her.

by Anonymousreply 154April 27, 2019 5:04 PM

I’m surprised this show hasn’t gotten boycotts from OMM or similar groups. They portray Christians as being more evil and losing their faith pretty easily in the face of death. The “angels” sure turned when faced with death.

And why doesn’t satan make himself more attractive Why the goat thing? All I could think was “Zelda's about to get fucked by an ugly goat”.

Haven’t finished the season yet though.

by Anonymousreply 155April 29, 2019 1:24 PM

Is Chance Perdomo part of the family? He's just my type.

by Anonymousreply 156April 29, 2019 1:30 PM

[quote]And why doesn’t satan make himself more attractive Why the goat thing? All I could think was “Zelda's about to get fucked by an ugly goat”.

Wait til you see him in human form!!!!! We'd all be lining up to get raped by him!

by Anonymousreply 157April 30, 2019 12:04 AM

[quote]Is Chance Perdomo part of the family? He's just my type.

Ugly?

by Anonymousreply 158April 30, 2019 1:48 AM

[Quote] We'd all be lining up to get raped by him!

[Quote] Ugly?

Speak for yourself.

by Anonymousreply 159April 30, 2019 2:00 AM

^ legally blind

by Anonymousreply 160April 30, 2019 1:56 PM

Ross sings too. If you like him, just watch on youtube. The girls go crazy for him. He isn't very good looking but he's multi-talented. He's dating the black chick on the show.

by Anonymousreply 161April 30, 2019 2:07 PM

Watching s2 now, basically one ep a week or so.

Indifferent to the first three eps but the one I’m watching now, with Veronica Cartwright as the medium, is suck-ass awful. I’m literally sitting here saying END to my tv.

Is this ep an aberration or does Sabrina s2 continue to be dogshit after ep4?

by Anonymousreply 162May 3, 2019 2:41 AM

It picks up a little as it goes along but S1 was definitely better.

by Anonymousreply 163May 3, 2019 2:50 AM

R162 definitely the most boring episode of the season.

by Anonymousreply 164May 3, 2019 6:10 AM

I hope a Halloween episode drops tomorrow.

by Anonymousreply 165October 29, 2019 10:36 PM

I love that Anne Boleyn and Montgomery Clift are witches.

by Anonymousreply 166October 29, 2019 10:38 PM

(x-posted to the wrong thread, I'm in the right place now non?)

Just came in to say my Gen Z niece guilted me into watching it with her for Hallowe'en. Even as a Pagan I'm finding it unimaginably boring and something of a disappointment. I'm not hating on it, just curious to see if it was just me who came out of watching it totally cold.

If you take out the little Ottman-esque flurries of score (seriously, I swear I have heard some X-Men movie cues in a good few episodes), occasional gratuitous gore (not so much 'chilling' as just gross enough to lose the audience) and the #SPOOKY oversaturation aesthetic, it's just a lot of po-faced dreary people talking and talking endlessly about the grim constrictions of magickal ethics over teas & grimoires. If you broadcast it in black & white with no music and no jump -scares it would be unwatchable. I suppose it's all well & good if you're a Wiccan or a fan of the comics or an angsty teen, but it doesn't draw me in as an outsider to these groups unlike say an X-Men book or movie to return to my previous example. There's no dynamics (especially humor). no interesting side-stories, no new approach to storytelling, not even clever cross-referencing to anything in the contemporary world as we've come to expect in the post-post-post modern. I'm surprised that something with such a niche left-of-field subject matter turned out so linear & dull. Even the gay content is woefully pandering. It feels like a show that was made so little girls & gays could make moodboards & GIFsets, and Wiccans could fill in the many plot blanks with their fanfiction. As a project it hasn't got over itself, at least in my view.

The most interesting parts for me have been watching adorable Harvey go down mines with his Dad; I'm driving my niece crazy with questions only about his family backstory and the logistics/economic viability of the mining industry in this particular universe, and she keeps telling me to stop focussing on that because he's not that relevant to the main themes of the show. Every time he's on-screen I look at him and think, "oh, THERE'S your show/movie/main character". I suppose I do enjoy Aunt Hilda and her British fuddy-duddyness, too, though she could with more comedic material (I know the show isn't a sitcom like the old one before you groan me), it would make sense to hear jokes from her character. It's the one and only time I've ever rooted for a Frau on a tv show to have more lines and more to do than anyone else.

Maybe I'm way too old or too-light-hearted or just not trying hard enough, and I should just go back to my HBO. So I'll just be over here with my cute quick-witted Teen Angel boys, refreshing my spirit with some nice & easy homoerotic jests & japes about God & Death & pop-culture.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 167October 31, 2019 3:10 PM

[quote] I’m surprised this show hasn’t gotten boycotts from OMM or similar groups. They portray Christians as being more evil and losing their faith pretty easily in the face of death.

R155 even more baffling is that no-one is talking about how the Coven operates I the same creepy way as the Catholic Church do in America & Europe. I mean, the 'Anti-Pope'? A negative image of something is not an opposition to it. I'm no Christian but the heavy RC overtones of the 'witchcraft' in TCAOS smack me right in the face. Why aren't the non-Christian witches worldwide also annoyed? (maybe they are, I haven't dug too deep or taken a poll).

by Anonymousreply 168October 31, 2019 3:17 PM

Satanism is very much about inversion, or perversion, of what is considered good. Like, say, the upside down cross is a symbol of evil.

And, yeah, Satanism is the other side of the Christianity coin. Heaven wouldn't be so much preferable without hell as the other option.

by Anonymousreply 169October 31, 2019 3:44 PM

R169 exactly. Maybe that's what's bothering me about it so much.

As I don't subscribe to Christian/Satanist doctrine & dogma/Sin Concept in the least (not even anything to do with the 'light' fluffy stuff like marriage or Christmas) I'm just sat in front of this show getting more and more disgusted and annoyed and pissed off if I think about it too hard. To me - and this may be a dangerous opinion but where else am I gonna say it? - from this perspective it is not dissimilar in agenda to the T movement, in the way it dresses up something malign & conservative as Christianity in 'edgy' alternative clothing to make it attractive & palatable to rebellious youngsters.

Where's the teen programming about kids who don't even know any Commandments, and who don't dress up and go to religious meets, and who haven't ever knelt to pray at an altar in their lives whether to Satan or God or whatever entity? Where's the show about young people with no tomes and no creepshow 'Elders', about kids who make up their own rituals making no reference to extant religion? TCAOS is regressive, let's be honest.

by Anonymousreply 170October 31, 2019 4:05 PM

Halloween episode or no?

by Anonymousreply 171October 31, 2019 4:19 PM

knock knock knock on the gates of hell. see you Jan 24, witches.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 172December 9, 2019 2:06 PM

So they did a music video to preview season 3.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 173January 12, 2020 8:44 PM

It says a lot of Christianity when people rather cheer for "Hail Satan!" and make flippant jokes about priests molesting little boys. We live in a society where previously highly regarded institutions like the Christian Church, and religion in general, are no longer respected or even feared. That is what makes Chilling Adventures of Sabrina possible in the first place. The only thing the show has to fear are stealth one million mom losers who pretend to be part of the show's demographic and badmouth the show, because they damn well know that a Christian led backlash or boycott would only create more positive buzz for the show.

by Anonymousreply 174January 12, 2020 8:58 PM

[quote]We live in a society where previously highly regarded institutions like the Christian Church, and religion in general, are no longer respected or even feared.

Agreed. This is very, VERY good news. I'm glad to be alive to witness this change. How exhilarating.

And here's the season 3 thread, so people can find It more easily in the search.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 175January 12, 2020 9:17 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!