Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Supernatural - Part 4

Congrats on 300 episodes, boys!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 600March 3, 2019 3:55 AM

Link to Part 3...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1December 18, 2018 9:29 AM

Jeffrey Dean Morgan is coming back!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2December 18, 2018 9:30 AM

For Jeffrey Dean Morgan, I'll watch Supernatural again. I gave up on it years ago. Never really liked all the angel stuff. But Daddy Winchester!

by Anonymousreply 3December 18, 2018 10:50 AM

Morgan looks younger than Jensen.

by Anonymousreply 4December 22, 2018 7:47 PM

Part 3 hasn't filled up yet??

by Anonymousreply 5December 22, 2018 8:25 PM

When does it come back on? I can't wait to see more of Michael!Dean and his shatnerian delivery!

by Anonymousreply 6December 22, 2018 9:38 PM

I don't know why but the Shatner comparisons kill me.

by Anonymousreply 7December 27, 2018 9:43 AM

i was gonna start a thread but found this one so i figured i'd ask here. i swear i'm not trying to be snarky or a cunt but is something wrong with jared, the guy that plays Sam on supernatural? he was on Kelly & Ryan and he acts so weird and odd. he looks (to me anyway) like he's in his 40s and he's only 35 because I looked it up. i don't know anything about him other than he's supposed to be a dick on social media and that he says he has depression. is it the meds that make him look bad?

by Anonymousreply 8December 27, 2018 3:37 PM

I hate these goddam frau Supernatural threads more than the Janet - Madonna threads.

MURIEL, PLEASE, FOR THE LOVE OF DL, BAN THEM!!!

R8 Padalecki is a no talent hack who thinks he's a major celebrity and deserves STAH treatment. He claims he suffers from depression but has said awful things on Twitter. Philip Seymour Hoffman's death springs to mind but there have been others. He's criticized restaurants for not giving him better tables and even cell phone companies and airlines. I think he's taking some kind of medication that ages him and makes his hair fall out. It's impossible not to catch a glimpse of him while changing television stations and the difference in his appearance between the older and more recent episodes is huge.

by Anonymousreply 9December 27, 2018 3:46 PM

[quote] i swear i'm not trying to be snarky or a cunt but is something wrong with jared, the guy that plays Sam on supernatural? he was on Kelly & Ryan and he acts so weird and odd

When was Jared on Kelly and Ryan? I want to look up that episode.

I love Jared!

by Anonymousreply 10December 27, 2018 5:13 PM

To each his own I guess but I can't believe people on datalounge watch this shit. Those 2 actors are so bad it hurts to watch them and the tall one hit the aging wall so hard he splatted.

by Anonymousreply 11December 27, 2018 5:19 PM

It's so funny the caftan wearing, cheeto munching, Quasimodo brigade here on DL have the temerity to criticise Jared and Jensen's looks.

by Anonymousreply 12December 27, 2018 11:08 PM

Jensen looks older to me that just 40 but he's got a lot of reddish brown/blonde in his hair and people like that don't age well. I think he's still very handsome, just not super sexy like he used be in his 20s and early 30s. Jared's looks have totally changed since the show premiered. He really does look like a completely different person. That's an interesting theory about the psychiatric meds, R8, I never thought of that before. Are there really meds that can do that? Seems like his doctors would give him something else since he's on tv.

I follow Jensen on Twitter and he caught a lot of shit for posting a tribute to George Bush. I'm never going to believe Jen's a Democrat. I think he just wants to be in a Marvel movie, lmfao!

I've been watching this show since I was 15 which means that I've been watching it for almost half of my life. I can't help it. Sam and Dean are my OTP. It'll freak me out when it finally goes off. I figured out I was gay because of Sam and Dean and the thoughts I had about them being together.

People think it's a bad show but I don't care. It works just fine for me.

by Anonymousreply 13December 28, 2018 1:07 AM

It's not a bad show, but you just have a lot of jealous people on DL who hate Jared and Jensen's success.

Like they believe they deserve it more. LOL.

by Anonymousreply 14December 28, 2018 1:10 AM

Re-run episode on CW tonight.

"Slice and dice!" lol

by Anonymousreply 15December 28, 2018 2:25 AM

I used to watch this ages ago but got turned off by too much fan service and all the crazy women convinced the leads are in some big epic gay romance.

by Anonymousreply 16December 28, 2018 4:07 AM

I'm one of the posters from the Gossip threads (no, I don't know anything about this guys). I enjoy the show. Is it cheesy? Its a big 'ol fucking hunk of Gouda, but its fun. The only one I actually follow is Misha Collins, who seems like a really decent guy. Lots of local charity works, brutally honest about his teen years (homelessness and cutting). Cooking show on YouTube (Cooking Fast and Fresh with West) is fun to watch just for the unfathomable patience he has with really young kids. That being said, the fan girls are seriously crazy. I generally don't read the replies to his tweets because they are cringe worthy and embarrassing.

Whichever one of you bitches coined Jensen's Batman acting, I actually snorted soda out my nose. Ever inhale soda? Hurts like a motherfucker. I smirk my way through his "acting" even more than I did before.

by Anonymousreply 17December 28, 2018 6:19 AM

I think Jensen is more likely to land a role on another DC show before a Marvel movie.

by Anonymousreply 18December 28, 2018 6:45 AM

R18, Jensen has a bright future career in Hallmark Channel Christmas movies and SyFy Channel schlockfests.

by Anonymousreply 19December 28, 2018 6:52 AM

R19 lol

by Anonymousreply 20December 28, 2018 8:38 AM

R13, Stephen Colbert did a tribute to George Bush, and he's famous internationally for his pro-Democrat views. Jensen's Twitter followers need to get out more.

by Anonymousreply 21December 28, 2018 11:57 AM

Yeah big deal if you don't find them attractive, some of us do. I'm not going to stop lusting after them just because someone said they're ugly or lost their looks.

by Anonymousreply 22December 28, 2018 12:10 PM

[quote] The only one I actually follow is Misha Collins, who seems like a really decent guy. Lots of local charity works, brutally honest about his teen years (homelessness and cutting)

Wow, I never heard this story about Misha's homelessness and cutting, R17.

Could you please elaborate?

by Anonymousreply 23December 28, 2018 12:13 PM

I just wanna be double penetrated by these 2 hot fuckers and be split wide open

by Anonymousreply 24December 28, 2018 12:25 PM

Jesus, it's too early for this shit. This show and everyone on it are just epically bad.

by Anonymousreply 25December 28, 2018 12:33 PM

I never realized what a cute little butt Jensen had, until I watched the opening scene of last night's SPN episode called "Mint Condition."

He's laying on his stomach, eating pizza, and they show his perky little ass a few times. Damn!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26December 28, 2018 12:38 PM

R17 i prefer Misha to J2 as well. And he's one of the few actors i can think of that isn't dishonest about having threesomes.

by Anonymousreply 27December 28, 2018 12:42 PM

[quote] Stephen Colbert did a tribute to George Bush, and he's famous internationally for his pro-Democrat views.

Stephen Colbert has not been plagued with rumors that he is anti-gay or an Evangelical Republican, dimwitted R21. The difference between those two circumstances is glaring.

[quote]It's not a bad show, but you just have a lot of jealous people on DL who hate Jared and Jensen's success.

No, R14 it is absolutely a bad show, tragically horrible, in fact. And the ridiculous attempt at a riposte that you continually make: [italic]Everybody is just jealous of Jensen and Jared's success and good looks[/italic] is beyond juvenile and absurd.

by Anonymousreply 28December 28, 2018 2:14 PM

"Whichever one of you bitches coined Jensen's Batman acting, I actually snorted soda out my nose. Ever inhale soda? Hurts like a motherfucker. I smirk my way through his "acting" even more than I did before."

What's funny are the people who scream that Jared is such a terrible actor, while praising Jensen's 'purses his lips, scowls, and growls out his lines' performance. Padalecki's no master thespian, but at least he sounds like a normal person.

by Anonymousreply 29December 28, 2018 3:59 PM

R23, He was homeless with his mom for a portion of his teen years and spent a night in jail with her. He has the word "why" cut into his leg from his cutting period, which was fairly brief, but there are several stories of him noticing cutting scars on fans getting autographs, stopping everything to pull them aside and talking to them privately. That's why he advocates so heavily for food banks, homeless charities (especially for kids) and anti-bullying campaigns. He just is a really, really nice guy.

by Anonymousreply 30December 28, 2018 5:03 PM

That's awesome, R30.

by Anonymousreply 31December 28, 2018 5:17 PM

I just watched an episode called "Remember the Titans," and the actor who played Prometheus (John Reardon) is HOT!

Damn, his body is amazing, and he wore the tightest shirts which highlighted his amazing nipples!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32December 28, 2018 6:30 PM

Here's Dean, bending over a shirtless Prometheus!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33December 28, 2018 6:42 PM

Love John's nipples....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34December 28, 2018 6:43 PM

Zeus and Prometheus....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35December 28, 2018 6:43 PM

Nipples for days!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36December 28, 2018 6:55 PM

John reminded me of a younger, hotter Christian Bale. I agree - gorgeous and that chest!

by Anonymousreply 37December 28, 2018 7:15 PM

Jensen & Jared struck pay dirt when they were cast in Supernatural.

Most normal, level headed people have a good luck to them attitude.

It's only those embittered little failed loser types on Datalounge that begrudge them their undeniable success & fame.

A kind of why wasn't it me attitude. Striking out at those who have what you don't.

I guess Jensen & Jared can continue on making the show for a ground breaking season 15 late next year and the datalonge losers can keep typing on a keyboard all their woes to brighten up their miserable day.

by Anonymousreply 38December 28, 2018 7:17 PM

I've decided that I want Dean and Jack to DP me.

by Anonymousreply 39December 28, 2018 7:20 PM

Is Jack a Belami Boys type?

Dean is obviously a Sean Cody type.

by Anonymousreply 40December 28, 2018 10:50 PM

[Quote] but there are several stories of him noticing cutting scars on fans getting autographs, stopping everything to pull them aside and talking to them privately.

I would freak out if an actor did that to me.

by Anonymousreply 41December 29, 2018 2:02 AM

lol, This show and the actors on it are so shitty. Why would anyone talk about it on Data Lounge? You know you're going to be endlessly made fun of.

by Anonymousreply 42December 29, 2018 6:03 AM

Just here to say I think the show this season has sucked balls.

by Anonymousreply 43December 29, 2018 6:25 AM

Actually, if a fan read that he pulled fans aside and talked to them personally if he noticed that they were cutters, wouldn't that encourage more crazed fan-girls to cut themselves to get some personal time?

by Anonymousreply 44December 29, 2018 7:03 AM

Ranked: 10 Most Powerful Villains In Supernatural

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45December 29, 2018 7:20 AM

R42, you mean unlike the umpteen chapters of the ultra obsessive threads about Henry Cavill, Luke Evans and Lee Pace? The Knots Landing threads? The 100 Meghan Markle threads?

Bitch, please. I've been on DL since 1998. There are threads about everything here. As long as it doesn't turn into Pony madness, its fine. There's room for everyone.

by Anonymousreply 46December 29, 2018 7:29 AM

R41 - I've heard a couple of the stories. IIRC from a post (shared by a anti-self harm page) one young woman was handing him something and her sleeve came up and he noted the cuts. He asked what had happened and she told him nothing. He asked if she wanted to talk out of earshot of the other folks in line, basically told her she was a worthwhile person, to stop hurting herself and to get some help. I saw the story way after the follow up was posted, but apparently she did seek help and at the time, hadn't cut in over two years. I remembered the story because I thought it was sweet. Per same page, Russell Brand and Colin Farrell have apparently also talked to fans about self harm from personal experience. I know there were other celebs mentioned, I just can't remember who. Was a while ago.

R44 - That's really scar y thought. I'd hope nobody would be crazy enough to do that. The lady in the above story said she was pretty embarrassed he had noticed and it was the needed kick in the ass.

by Anonymousreply 47December 29, 2018 7:47 AM

Should have mentioned as a note to the above, I do volunteer counseling and I had to look up the reasons for self harm to try and understand the people I'm trying to counsel. I was surprised at how many celebs have admitted to it. I still don't really get the driving force behind the whole thing, but I want to help best I can.

by Anonymousreply 48December 29, 2018 8:02 AM

R13, you type like a woman. This show made you realize you were gay?

Let me guess: you’re a straight woman and this show “made you realize” that you are really a gay man in a woman’s body, right?

by Anonymousreply 49December 29, 2018 10:43 AM

Not R13, but how the fuck does one "type like a woman"? Pink keyboard? I'm a dyke and I watch the show. Its mindless entertainment. Most of the geeks/nerds/D&D folks I know watch the show too. Every fandom attracts some crazies. Ever see the Jason Momoa fangirls? That whatshisface dude from that 50 Shades movie? The Outlander fans? Cause damn, that shit is crazy. This fandom is pretty tame compared to a lot of them.

by Anonymousreply 50December 29, 2018 11:43 AM

Read R13’s post.

Reeks of a straight woman tumblr.

by Anonymousreply 51December 29, 2018 12:21 PM

R44 Yes and i've seen some say that fans aren't allowed to approach Jared about their mental health problems because it's too much for him. And i appreciate actors that advocate for mental health issues but i could never talk about something so personal. At the end of the day, they're strangers.

R47 That's nice of them.

R50 I'm going to have to disagree with you on the SPN fandom being tame.

by Anonymousreply 52December 29, 2018 2:25 PM

Jensen made a funny reference to internet trolls in that "Mint Condition" episode.

I love how the writers always manage to incorporate real life aspects of the actors lives, into the writing of the show.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 53December 29, 2018 3:26 PM

Jensen really does have a cute little butt.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 54December 29, 2018 3:28 PM

No one ever talks about Jensen being business partners with the homophobic Duck Dynasty family. Why not?

by Anonymousreply 55December 29, 2018 3:30 PM

Nice picture, R45. What the hell happened? Jensen looks as if he's aged 25 years since then, while Jared turned into a troll.

by Anonymousreply 56December 29, 2018 3:48 PM

R52, "tame" is a relative term. The SPN folks are definitely tamer than the Outlander fans, who think the leads belong together IRL, despite one of them being gay and the other in a relationship. I don't think anything will ever beat the Twihards. Utterly batshit and creepy. SPN fans are definitely in the top 10 of lunatics though.

by Anonymousreply 57December 29, 2018 7:07 PM

Jensen lost weight for a marathon he recently ran.

Will age him a bit at 40 years of age.

A few pounds put on and he will look his usual younger self.

by Anonymousreply 58December 29, 2018 9:01 PM

Going back to that Instagram post that Jensen did about H.W: I thought it was a rather pointed quote he chose to use.

All those things the Cheeto are not. That was a dig for sure.

That’s how I chose to look at it. I can recognize that while a horrible president, he did serve his country and did his duty to it.

by Anonymousreply 59December 29, 2018 9:02 PM

[quote]type like a woman

Misogyny is the hatred of, contempt for, or prejudice against women or girls. Misogyny is manifest in numerous ways, including social exclusion, sex discrimination, hostility, androcentrism, patriarchy, male privilege, belittling of women, violence against women, and sexual objectification.

by Anonymousreply 60December 29, 2018 9:08 PM

Who says that Jensen isn't gay friendly?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 61December 29, 2018 11:34 PM

R42, the show provides lots of good snarking material.

by Anonymousreply 62December 30, 2018 1:06 AM

Jesus Fucking Christ on a Crutch, this thread is like the Data Lounge's very own Island of Misfit Toys. Someone on the thread "What’s the Single Best Scene of Acting on a TV Series" posted a You Tube link to some schlocky scene from that idiotic demon hunter show that had Ackles crying over his tv brother. That poster essentially got MASSACRED by the other posters. During said massacre someone said that there were entire threads on Data Lounge of people agreeing that Ackles deserves Emmys and that he's a better actor than just about anyone out there, including Daniel Day LewisB, rian Cranston and anyone on Game of Thrones, but I had to see it for myself. I just spent the last hour reading these threads. I haven't laughed this hard in a REAL long time. You guys saying how great of an actor Ackles is and how no one is better looking have THOROUGHLY entertained me.

You know you're crazy, right?

by Anonymousreply 63December 31, 2018 5:18 AM

[quote]Ackles deserves Emmys

He deserved Emmys nod for Season 4 and 5

by Anonymousreply 64December 31, 2018 5:20 AM

Well, goddam....Just when I thought I was all laughed out! Thanks for proving me wrong, R64. Honestly, I am not usually a bad guy on forums and I don't want to make fun of anyone's taste but it's hard not to in this case. The mere notion that someone really does believe Ackles is Emmy worthy is totally astounding to me. Thanks for sending me to bed with a smile on my face.

by Anonymousreply 65December 31, 2018 5:26 AM

I must check out that singe best scenes thread to see what the Supernatural selections are.

I am sure I can add some of Jensen's Emmy deserving scenes.

by Anonymousreply 66December 31, 2018 5:53 AM

Jensen's perky little ass deserves an Emmy.

by Anonymousreply 67December 31, 2018 11:04 AM

[Quote] The SPN folks are definitely tamer than the Outlander fans, who think the leads belong together IRL, despite one of them being gay and the other in a relationship. I don't think anything will ever beat the Twihards. Utterly batshit and creepy. SPN fans are definitely in the top 10 of lunatics though.

SPN shippers think J2 and Misha are gay and have secretly been fucking since the show started. Then you also those fucking idiots who try to start some drama with Danneel at conventions or girls kissing Jensen without his permission.

by Anonymousreply 68December 31, 2018 3:52 PM

[quote] SPN shippers think J2 and Misha are gay and have secretly been fucking since the show started

But they are, and have been.

by Anonymousreply 69December 31, 2018 7:01 PM

The Chicago episode full of hot guys is on Monday morning.

It's one of my favorites!

by Anonymousreply 70January 7, 2019 1:37 AM

! would love Matt Lanter to join the cast!

by Anonymousreply 71January 7, 2019 2:45 AM

Supernatural should be nominated for a Golden Globe for Best Drama and Best Actor. Period.

by Anonymousreply 72January 7, 2019 2:52 AM

Jensen has actually grown hotter for me, over the years.

In the early seasons of Supernatural, I was all about Jared. He was so handsome, and his character was so cute.

Nowdays, I'm finding the more mature Jensen, very attractive.

by Anonymousreply 73January 7, 2019 3:12 PM

Same person, posting over and over and over; starting thread after thread.

I see you made it back from your out of town trip.

by Anonymousreply 74January 7, 2019 3:52 PM

The irony being the above poster is the same one posting over and over and over how bad Jensen & the show is. LOL

by Anonymousreply 75January 7, 2019 7:25 PM

[quote] I see you made it back from your out of town trip.

R74 is a creepy stalker.

by Anonymousreply 76January 7, 2019 8:34 PM

I can't believe that Jared Padalecki was the $2000 answer to a Double Jeopardy question on "Actors and their TV roles", and nobody was able to answer the clue!!!!

"Rory Gilmore's boyfriend Dean; Hunter of Supernatural Beings, Sam Winchester" It's at the 13 minute mark in the video.

WTF??? That question was so easy!

I was so pissed.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 77January 8, 2019 2:34 AM

R69 I think you've been reading too much fanfic.

by Anonymousreply 78January 8, 2019 10:07 AM

LOL, I can't believe this shitfest is still on! And I thought *I* had a good gig!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 79January 8, 2019 12:01 PM

r63 I don't think those fat ulgy old ladies know they're crazy and not welcome on a gay website.

by Anonymousreply 80January 8, 2019 12:13 PM

Gay men love Supernatural. It's a fun, campy show.

Wake up, R80.

by Anonymousreply 81January 8, 2019 6:12 PM

Supernatural is the number one show among Gay men according to the International Statistical Bureau of Gay viewing Habits.

It beat out The Walking Dead & Ru Paul's Drag Race by a significant margin.

by Anonymousreply 82January 8, 2019 7:48 PM

I'm wish that the show producers would throw the "Mint Condition" episode into consideration for an Emmy.

I would have suggested the "Scoobynatural" episode, but since it was from last season, I think it might be too late.

However, both episodes were outstanding and very entertaining.

by Anonymousreply 83January 9, 2019 12:37 AM

R81 If by gay men you mean straight women who "ship" men together, yeah sure.

by Anonymousreply 84January 9, 2019 1:10 PM

Jensen could be the new Batman. He has the deep voice for it and the gravitas the part demands.

by Anonymousreply 85January 10, 2019 1:41 AM

Jensen could actually play Batman.

He has the right look, and he's the right age.

If Val Kilmer could do it, Jensen definitely could do it.

by Anonymousreply 86January 10, 2019 10:02 AM

R85 and R86.......it ain't happening!

by Anonymousreply 87January 10, 2019 1:01 PM

Jared would be a good Riddler.

by Anonymousreply 88January 10, 2019 1:08 PM

Jared cant act

by Anonymousreply 89January 10, 2019 3:15 PM

Does the new season start tonight?

by Anonymousreply 90January 10, 2019 7:58 PM

Next week.

by Anonymousreply 91January 11, 2019 12:58 PM

So it looks like Jack will get his "mojo" back, and somehow, Sam and Cass will get Dean in handcuffs and haul him back to the bunker.

Sounds good!

by Anonymousreply 92January 13, 2019 12:18 PM

😍 The men are certainly great to look at.

by Anonymousreply 93January 13, 2019 12:21 PM

Someone tell Jared to cut his damned hair!!!! He would look so much better!

Why does he insist on this ridiculous "page boy" style??

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 94January 13, 2019 8:22 PM

Jared looks so much better with short hair.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 95January 13, 2019 8:32 PM

Someone should be able to photoshop him with a shorter cut.

That said, Sam's look/character is his long hair, and I suppose as a defining character trait, he sticks with it for the show.

by Anonymousreply 96January 13, 2019 9:42 PM

Sam's hair didn't always look like Conan the Barbarian, R96.

In the earlier seasons, he was sporting a sort of "Justin Bieber" hairstyle, and he looked really good.

Over the years, he has let it grow longer and longer, and now it just looks messy. It actually accentuates his large forehead.

As men get older, long hair looks less appealing on them. He needs to cut it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 97January 13, 2019 10:09 PM

He looks great here with this hairstyle...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 98January 13, 2019 10:10 PM

Does Sheriff Jody Mills run a boarding house for wayward lesbians?

It sure seems like she does.

by Anonymousreply 99January 16, 2019 5:29 PM

It's funny how Amara was supposed to be this irresistable sex symbol for Dean, but she was SO unattractive.

She was not appealing at all.

by Anonymousreply 100January 16, 2019 6:54 PM

Season 14 returns tonight!!

And Michael is back inside Dean, quite deeply.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 101January 17, 2019 11:54 AM

I absolutely love this poster photo of Sam, Dean, and John Winchester.

It makes me excited that JDM is returning this season!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 102January 17, 2019 11:55 AM

I'm so happy my boys are back!

I missed my Sammy. :o)

by Anonymousreply 103January 18, 2019 12:58 AM

FYI - tonight's episode was really good.

by Anonymousreply 104January 18, 2019 2:41 AM

Did Jensen's acting skills improve, over the break R104? lol

by Anonymousreply 105January 18, 2019 2:56 AM

[quote] tonight's episode was really good

Did Dean and Cass finally hook up?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 106January 18, 2019 3:44 AM

I can't believe that the show let Dean advertise Jensen's beer on the show!

That line about "here, try this IPA from Austin, called 'Cosmic Cowboy.'" That was so blatant!!

by Anonymousreply 107January 18, 2019 4:39 AM

I absolutely adore Jack's red jacket.

Anyone know where I can get one just like it???

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 108January 18, 2019 4:40 AM

I've never seen a red jacket with a white fur lining like that. I love it.

Although, I must admit he looks like Santa Claus.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 109January 18, 2019 4:41 AM

This episode really was good.

What I love about SPN is how they can keep building and building and building on the so-called "canon" of Supernatural. And the writers are loyal to the characters, so they rarely fuck it up.

This episode built on storylines from years and years ago, and they are still managing to keep it fresh and interesting. That's why I love this show.

by Anonymousreply 110January 18, 2019 5:00 AM

R110 you crack me up.

by Anonymousreply 111January 18, 2019 12:21 PM

Best episode of the season, so far.

It really felt like classic Supernatural.

by Anonymousreply 112January 18, 2019 12:21 PM

This shit needs to go off the air. Good shows like True Blood and Downton Abbey get four or five seasons while utter and complete garbage like this gets fourteen years? Jesus, the dumbing down of America is so evident.

by Anonymousreply 113January 18, 2019 3:09 PM

The show has had 14 years because the writing has been consistently good, and the characters have a lot of chemistry with each other.

No huge egos on the lead actors, either. That's why it works so well.

by Anonymousreply 114January 18, 2019 3:38 PM

lmfao, R114. The writing "consistently good??" You're crazy. I will say that, yeah, those two guys do have decent chemistry but they are both dreadful, dreadful actors. The real reason why that show is still on the air is because of L-U-C-K, plain and simple. If it had been on CBS or ABC or HBO or anything than the shitty CW, it would have been long gone, and you and all your SPN fan-fraus know it.

by Anonymousreply 115January 18, 2019 4:02 PM

Jensen posted this cool preview link on his Instagram page....

"It's gettin real!!!"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 116January 18, 2019 4:10 PM

I never realized how much Alexander Calvert looks like Misha.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 117January 18, 2019 4:12 PM

Here's Jensen's "controversial" George H.W. Bush post on Instagram.

I don't think it's that bad, but he had a lot of nasty comments on the post, and surprisingly, he left them all up.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 118January 18, 2019 4:17 PM

The same demented, totally hideous and completely unfuckable frau posting over and over again, trying to draw some kind of interest in this god awful show with its god awful cast.

Do you daydream of spreading your ancient, frau legs for Jensen, Jared and Misha, little SPN Frau? Do you?

by Anonymousreply 119January 18, 2019 6:05 PM

Alexander Calvert looks like young DiCaprio.

by Anonymousreply 120January 18, 2019 10:13 PM

Lol r119. I like supernatural ok but that really made me laugh. The rating was only 1.44 and I was really hoping it works be bigger. The episode after the Hellatus usually is. I know next year will be the last and it's gonna be sad. 😭😢😢😢😢😢😢

by Anonymousreply 121January 18, 2019 11:59 PM

[Quote] Good shows like True Blood and Downton Abbey get four or five seasons while utter and complete garbage like this gets fourteen years?

Ehh True Blood went downhill pretty fast. It had a good run. SPN is still going because the actors haven't left and because it's on the CW.

by Anonymousreply 122January 19, 2019 12:46 AM

Wow, that episode was a shit fest. I've always liked SPN but goddam Jensen Ackles is so bad! He is just awful at trying to pay anything other than Dean. I seriously can't believe some of you liked it. I will say that Pamela looked great though. She looked better than she did years ago. Those arms of hers were buff as fuck!

Sad to say it, but it's time for this show to end. It's really struggling and it's getting embarrassing.

by Anonymousreply 123January 19, 2019 6:23 AM

I thought that Jensen was sexy as fuck, playing Michael.

And yes, the actress playing Pamela Barnes looks exactly the same as she did 10 years ago.

She's pretty damned hot, and I'm gay!

by Anonymousreply 124January 19, 2019 10:55 AM

"The same demented, totally hideous and completely unfuckable frau posting over and over again"

Unlike the same poster who comes back over and over whining about how bad the show is and bitching that there's a thread about it? Guess who the fuck is more annoying. It ain't the frau.

by Anonymousreply 125January 19, 2019 3:21 PM

Thank you for saying that, R125.

I don't get why this show and its fans, bother people like R119 so much.

It's just a harmless and fun little show. Nothing more, nothing less, and certainly nothing worse than a lot of the other crap shows being discussed on Datalounge.

by Anonymousreply 126January 19, 2019 10:34 PM

R125/R126 I honestly doubt it's the same person bitching about the show.

I'm one of those on-and-off-again Supernatural fans who runs both hot and cold, but even I can say that the major things the naysayers are bitching about are kinda accurate. Jensen [italic]is[/italic] really dreadful as Michael and there's no denying that. Even fans on some of the Supernatural boards are copping to it, and the writing on the show, which has never been great, has taken a nosedive. You're right R126 that it can a fun lil show but you have to realize that this is DataLounge and DataLounge has never been a fan of Supernatural, Jensen or Jared. DL tolerates Misha because he was a Clinton staffer and he's very vocally criticized Trump, but Jensen has political baggage and Jared has social media baggage. That baggage is like blood in the water for the sharks on DL.

Just watch the show and enjoy it if you want to and ignore the critics here and everywhere else. People have made such fun of me for being a fan and going to a convention or two. I come from a family of university professors and oddly enough most of my friends are professors too and they are constantly making fun of me for getting off on Supernatural. I say FUCK 'EM! No, Jensen can't act and yeah Jared is probably a douche and no the show isn't in the same league as True Blood or Downton or Americans but so the fuck what? I happen to like it and that's all the counts.

by Anonymousreply 127January 20, 2019 1:17 AM

I will never understand how people stand to watch this show. The short guy was hot for a minute but the tall one has always looked weird to me. And the show is just so formulaic. It seems like the same thing over and over. It's always been a hard pass for me.

by Anonymousreply 128January 20, 2019 1:56 AM

[quote] the show is just so formulaic

I think that's why the show has lasted so long.

People actually find comfort, when they know what to expect from the characters.

It's when a show starts to veer too far from where it started (ex: Walking Dead), is when fans start to revolt.

There's something to be said about consistency.

by Anonymousreply 129January 20, 2019 9:54 AM

Take a tour of the Ackles home with Jensen and Danneel.

It's not as nice as I thought it might be. Kinda tacky and outdated, actually.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 130January 20, 2019 10:28 AM

[Quote] And the show is just so formulaic. It seems like the same thing over and over.

That's why i gave up.

[Quote] I think that's why the show has lasted so long. People actually find comfort, when they know what to expect from the characters.

I don't get that impression from fans on tumblr.

by Anonymousreply 131January 20, 2019 1:07 PM

R127 is right. The DL has never cared for supernatural or any of the actors except maybe Misha.

How can Jensen be so good at Dean but so bad at everything else? They need to wind up the whole Michael subplot. It's embarrassing how bad JA is. 😳😳😳

by Anonymousreply 132January 20, 2019 10:50 PM

Jensen was fantastic last ep as Michael.

An Auteur of acting without question.

by Anonymousreply 133January 21, 2019 4:42 AM

Why is Castiel still alive? Misha's so ulgy!

by Anonymousreply 134January 21, 2019 3:41 PM

Jared really could have been a big star.

He was cast in House of Wax (2005) and then also in Friday the 13th (2009). It seems like he was on track to become a leading man, but something happened.

Maybe it was his depression that got the better of him? What a bummer.

by Anonymousreply 135January 21, 2019 7:23 PM

[quote]The same demented, totally hideous and completely unfuckable frau posting over and over again, trying to draw some kind of interest in this god awful show with its god awful cast. Do you daydream of spreading your ancient, frau legs for Jensen, Jared and Misha, little SPN Frau? Do you?

This is so mean but it made me snort. R133, R134 and R135 are the same spindly legged Supernatural Frau. It's also the same moron who kept posting links to Jensen's Supernatural scenes on the thread about the best actors on TV. He got FF'd because they're all lined through now.

You morons and this show are crazy.

by Anonymousreply 136January 22, 2019 1:59 PM

[Quote] Why is Castiel still alive? Misha's so ulgy!

Ugly??

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 137January 22, 2019 2:04 PM

R135 is not the same person as R1333 and R134.

And Misha is NOT ugly. He's a fan favorite, and the subject of much fan fic, fyi.

by Anonymousreply 138January 23, 2019 1:43 PM

Yeah, the show is formulaic and Ackles' house is a bit silly. But, I would still love to spend a party weekend with any of the three leads... Ackles- first, Pad++== second and the angel last.

by Anonymousreply 139January 23, 2019 2:01 PM

[Quote] He's a fan favorite, and the subject of much fan fic, fyi.

Lol Misha's pride & joy.

by Anonymousreply 140January 23, 2019 2:02 PM

Hey fans in Louisiana - Jensen will be the Bacchus King in the upcoming Mardi Gras celebration in New Orleans this year.

I don't know what that means (don't pay attention to the MG phenomenon), but I see that other male celebs have been given this honor over the years were: J.K. Simmons; Danny Kaye, Bob Hope, Will Ferrell, Anthony Mackie, Harry Connick Jr., Perry Como, Andy Garcia, Ron Howard, Henry Winkler, Val Kilmer, Raymond Burr and many more.

by Anonymousreply 141January 23, 2019 9:54 PM

His wife is from Louisiana.

by Anonymousreply 142January 24, 2019 2:37 PM

R138 Hi Misha.

by Anonymousreply 143January 24, 2019 7:02 PM

lmfao, R143. That's probably THE shittiest Mardi Gras krewe, R141. I live in Metarie, LA. The past "kings" have gotten more and more D list as the years have gone by. Nobody knows who the hell J.K. Simmons is, just like nobody knows who Ackles is. Bachus is generally comprised of VERY politically conservative people.

by Anonymousreply 144January 24, 2019 9:16 PM

[quote] Jensen will be the Bacchus King in the upcoming Mardi Gras celebration in New Orleans this year

I would LOVE see Jensen shirtless, wearing only a gold speedo, and holding a "sceptre" while riding a float. That would be hawt!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 145January 24, 2019 10:19 PM

[quote] Nobody knows who the hell J.K. Simmons is, just like nobody knows who Ackles is

Are you referring to Academy Award winner J.K. Simmons? I'd say that LOTS of people know who he is.

Sorry, but you just lost that argument.

by Anonymousreply 146January 24, 2019 10:20 PM

[quote]I'd say that LOTS of people know who he is.

And I'd say you're nuts, R146. At best people might recognize him from the goddam Farmer's Insurance commercials. Nobody saw the film Whiplash for which he won the Oscar for supporting actor in 2014. His work since then has consisted of a riveting performance in Ku Fu Panda and voiceover work for a video game.

[quote]I would LOVE see Jensen shirtless, wearing only a gold speedo, and holding a "sceptre" while riding a float. That would be hawt!!

Do you know who still uses the satiric misspelling "hawt," R145? Sad, lonely and friendless Supernatural Fraus, that's who.

by Anonymousreply 147January 24, 2019 11:02 PM

Was the name "Pamela Barnes" supposed to be a joking reference to Dallas when it was first used whenever that was?

She was hideous. Was that Jensen's wife?

Jack is a Mary Sue.

Is Jared's hair a wig yet?

I liked the scene at the end where Dean has Michael trapped inside. Jensen did a good job of portraying that internal Hell.

by Anonymousreply 148January 24, 2019 11:09 PM

There's a new episode tonight on the CW!

by Anonymousreply 149January 25, 2019 12:26 AM

[quote] Jensen did a good job of portraying that internal Hell.

I think it's because he was playing Dean, and not Michael.

by Anonymousreply 150January 25, 2019 12:27 AM

I kind of like Dean's "Batman voice." It's sexy.

by Anonymousreply 151January 25, 2019 2:46 AM

I'm kind of shocked that Mary Winchester is actually starting to look younger than Dean. Jensen is really aging. He still looks the same, but he must spend a lot of time in the sun, because he's getting a lot of wrinkles.

by Anonymousreply 152January 25, 2019 4:18 AM

Nope, R148, matter of fact, I don’t think anybody, ever has made that connection. Neither had I, to be honest.

Jensen’s wife has been on the show but Tracy Dinwiddie is not her.

Does anybody know if Jensen is leaving the show?? The storyline is really hinting at a long-term absence of Dean/Jensen.

by Anonymousreply 153January 25, 2019 4:25 AM

Christ, this is the worst shit on tv. Who the fuck watches this shit?

by Anonymousreply 154January 25, 2019 5:31 AM

I watch Sups every now and again and it really has gotten terrible. I watched tonight and felt nostalgic and heartsick. No, it was never going to win acting awards but wow, I felt embarrassed watching Jensen and Jared. This show has blown its wad. It needs to end.

by Anonymousreply 155January 25, 2019 5:50 AM

[Quote] And I'd say you're nuts, [R146]. At best people might recognize him from the goddam Farmer's Insurance commercials. Nobody saw the film Whiplash for which he won the Oscar for supporting actor in 2014. His work since then has consisted of a riveting performance in Ku Fu Panda and voiceover work for a video game.

I'd say he's best known for Spiderman but he's been in a shitload of movies since then like Juno, Terminator Genisys, Justice League, and La La Land.

by Anonymousreply 156January 25, 2019 6:30 AM

Jensen playing Michael inside of Dean should finally get him the emmy for his work on the show.

by Anonymousreply 157January 25, 2019 7:18 AM

R130 Damn he looks awful (relative to when he was hot). Is he using botox or something?

by Anonymousreply 158January 25, 2019 8:20 AM

[Quote] Is he using botox or something?

I can't believe this is only being asked now lol

by Anonymousreply 159January 25, 2019 8:43 AM

Thanks for the Pamela Barnes clarification. It stood out to me, but, yeah, Eldergay.

Jensen is still very handsome.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 160January 25, 2019 11:23 AM

I watch this show out of habit. I've watched it for years. It's gotten really depressing for me because it's obvious how bad these 2 really are at acting. Sam trying to play the devil was sooooo bad but I thought Jensen was a decent actor, not great but ok. Him doing his Michael shtick is almost worse than the deep voice he fakes for Dean. I just googled When Will Supernatural Go Off and this dl thread was one of the results, lol. I post here all the time and surprised I hadn't seen it.

Jensen looks rough r160 without good lighting and photography. Yeah, I know he lost some weight for the marathon but he's been looking old and drawn to me for a while. He was soooooo hot back in the day. I didn't like his politics or religion but liked to look at him that's for sure.

Spn should definitely end either this year or next. It's time. They have both made more money than they ever really should have.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 161January 25, 2019 2:15 PM

Looking old and drawn.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 162January 25, 2019 2:16 PM

Oh, but for 40 he still has really cool hair. It look thick for somebody his age.

by Anonymousreply 163January 25, 2019 2:17 PM

[Quote] Spn should definitely end either this year or next. It's time. They have both made more money than they ever really should have.

I wonder how much the cons will decrease once the show's off the air?

by Anonymousreply 164January 25, 2019 2:18 PM

I've thought about that before r164. I've been to several. They are sooooo $$$$$! Because it's in syndication I think they will continue as long as their is a demand. I don't see them going more than a couple years though.

by Anonymousreply 165January 25, 2019 3:01 PM

[Quote] I've thought about that before [R164]. I've been to several. They are sooooo $$$$$!

Oh i know. There's no way i would ever pay to meet a celeb.

by Anonymousreply 166January 25, 2019 3:06 PM

I'd pay to meet someone really famous like Madonna, Brad Pitt, Angelina Jolie, or Sean Penn. But usually fees charged for meet and greets for big celebs are donated to charity and don't go in their pockets. I would never, not in a million years, pay anything at all to meet someone from TV. And from the CW? Hell no. I watch spn sometimes but face it. The actors on it are just a half step up from people on a reality show. These guys just got really lucky money-wise.

by Anonymousreply 167January 25, 2019 4:28 PM

Goddam he looks terrible in those pic R162 posted.

Jesus.

by Anonymousreply 168January 25, 2019 5:12 PM

They should retire these two (to Heaven!), and do a reboot with two hot young things!

by Anonymousreply 169January 25, 2019 8:35 PM

[Quote] I didn't like his politics or religion but liked to look at him that's for sure.

R161, Please direct me to a link or something about Jensen's political beliefs, aside from his donation to a Democratic candidate, which is on record.

by Anonymousreply 170January 25, 2019 10:24 PM

I would pay to fuck Jensen's ass R167.

by Anonymousreply 171January 26, 2019 2:58 AM

Jensen looked so bad in this week's episode! They need to stop filming him outside. His undereye area looked like a wraith had drained every last vestige of his youth and left dry, wrinkled skin in its wake. He looks so much older than 40.

R161 there was a lady on the IMBD Supernatural thread who went on and on for like 20 comments saying that those photos were photo shopped to make him look bad. Then people told her she was crazy as fuck because the photos actually came from Jensen's own Instagram!

Suck a dick R170. I love me some Supernatural but I saw Jensen's Republican registration with my own eyes back in the day when it was ALL OVER the internet. You put in his DOB and other info and BAM it popped up on the Los Angeles County Supervisor of Elections website. I love love love that he supported Beto O'Rouke recently but it's just not accurate to say that Jensen has not been a conservative Xtian Republican for most of his adult life.

by Anonymousreply 172January 26, 2019 3:31 AM

R172 What IMDB Supernatural thread? I thought they killed the discussion boards?

by Anonymousreply 173January 26, 2019 3:38 AM

Sorry 172. I still call it the IMBD thread because that's where most of us went afterwards. It's technically the Fanforum thread. I really miss the IMBD boards. They were awesome. There was another site that was devoted to Supernatural too and it shut down. Can't remember the name, but the message board there was great, if a little conservative. Lots of religious Republicans there. "Supernatural" was in the actual title. I think it was Supernatural.tv

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 174January 26, 2019 3:46 AM

I meant.... Sorry R173

by Anonymousreply 175January 26, 2019 4:43 AM

I used to post regularly on the forum at Supernatural.TV R174 and you are right. It was made up of LOTS of religious conservatives. I remember there was a Catholic lady on there who went on and on about how Jensen was a Republican like her and a Christian like her. Someone posted something about gay marriage and she went OFF and said that the gays had forced her religious ceremonies to be "watered down" and how "sad God must be" and all kind of just stupid shit. Then there was dude who HATED the 200th episode because it showed Wincest and Diestiel and he called the Js "sellouts." Then one day that site just vanished. I never knew what happened.

by Anonymousreply 176January 26, 2019 5:10 AM

I can't believe you fags watch this horrible show.

by Anonymousreply 177January 26, 2019 6:43 AM

R177 I can't believe you troll waste your time typing that out. Nobody cares what you think.

by Anonymousreply 178January 26, 2019 7:37 AM

[Quote] but I saw Jensen's Republican registration with my own eyes back in the day when it was ALL OVER the internet. You put in his DOB and other info and BAM it popped up on the Los Angeles County Supervisor of Elections website.

So, R172, the same as "A guy my sister works with said..."

by Anonymousreply 179January 26, 2019 1:02 PM

[Quote] I'd pay to meet someone really famous like Madonna, Brad Pitt, Angelina Jolie, or Sean Penn.

Sean Penn?? Really??

[Quote] I would never, not in a million years, pay anything at all to meet someone from TV. And from the CW? Hell no. I watch spn sometimes but face it. The actors on it are just a half step up from people on a reality show.

I get what you're saying but i think a lot of these CW actors are probably nicer than the a-listers you mentioned.

by Anonymousreply 180January 26, 2019 2:25 PM

R157 "Jensen playing Michael inside of Dean should finally get him the emmy for his work on the show."

Oh my sides!

The guy upthread who wants a reboot with new, hot young actors is right. They've already gotten a younger version of Misha, time to get a new Sam and Dean. I wouldn't mind seeing a hot daddy type playing the New Bobby either.

by Anonymousreply 181January 26, 2019 8:03 PM

I wish that you haters would stop saying horrible things about Jensen and Jared.

I'd feel really bad if one of them was reading this thread, and knew what you people are saying about them. They have feelings, just like the rest of us.

Stop being so mean.

by Anonymousreply 182January 27, 2019 12:47 AM

[quote] They've already gotten a younger version of Misha, time to get a new Sam and Dean.

Sorry, but Misha never looked this smoking hot....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 183January 27, 2019 12:50 AM

Just look at this adorable pic....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 184January 27, 2019 12:51 AM

Yeah Misha never was that good looking. And with the years, he's ulgy now.

by Anonymousreply 185January 27, 2019 2:11 AM

I want Jack to look like this on the show.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 186January 27, 2019 6:26 AM

R186 He looks so much more attractive in these photos posted here. I actually gave this show another go when they introduced him a couple of years ago, but they wrote him as so whiny and styled him so badly that he turned me off even more than tired-looking Sam and Dean!

by Anonymousreply 187January 27, 2019 7:10 AM

[Quote] The guy upthread who wants a reboot with new, hot young actors is right. They've already gotten a younger version of Misha, time to get a new Sam and Dean. I wouldn't mind seeing a hot daddy type playing the New Bobby either.

They've already tried to do a spin-off with Bloodlines and Wayward Sisters.

[Quote] Sorry, but Misha never looked this smoking hot....

I'm sorry but i don't think he's cute at all. Misha on the other hand.......

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 188January 27, 2019 1:50 PM

Has the show ever addressed why there are supposedly only a few angels remaining in heaven?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 189January 27, 2019 2:34 PM

All the angels have fallen.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 190January 27, 2019 2:35 PM

I wonder if Jared or Jensen have ever visited these Supernatural threads?

I'll bet they have.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 191January 27, 2019 9:43 PM

R182, I think you may be in the wrong place. Stop being so mean? What part of "pointless bitchery" did you not understand when you entered the site? I've been on DL since the 1990s, This is Mean Girl Central.

Supernatural is mindless entertainment; popcorn for the brain. I don't watch it for the acting. I watch it to look at pretty men and shut off my brain for an hour.

And ugly? Bitch, please. I would fuck Misha six ways from Sunday.

by Anonymousreply 192January 28, 2019 12:33 AM

[quote] I would fuck Misha six ways from Sunday.

I imagine it would look something like this...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 193January 28, 2019 4:31 PM

This must be what it's like to give Castiel a blowjob...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 194January 28, 2019 4:32 PM

[quote]So, [R172], the same as "A guy my sister works with said..."

No it isn't R179 and you know it. I'm not the posters up thread but I've been a Supernatural fan since it started airing and I've been on the Data Lounge since the 90s. Lot of us here saw the thread Jensen Ackles is a Homophobic Douche. Someone on that thread provided a link to the Los Angeles County Voter's Registration website and when you entered JA's dob and street address (which people got from the real estate agent's website that was selling his LA house) his political affiliation popped right up. R E P U B L I C A N it said, plain as day. I saw it and so did many others. Jesus, the whole fandom saw it, so don't claim that it's idle gossip. Now, did he actually vote Republican? That's anyone's guess but it doesn't make sense for an actor in Hollywood to register as a Republican if they aren't actually voting that way.

I was so glad to see Jensen supporting Beto O'Rourke. It made me ridiculously happy. Like I said, I've been a Supernatural fan since the beginning. Even so, I do believe it's time for the show to end.

[quote]I used to post regularly on the forum at Supernatural.TV

I used to post there too R176 and then one day the entire site just vanished. I remember the Catholic female you're talking about too. Her user name was something like Animalus. I remember because I thought it sounded like the word animus!

by Anonymousreply 195January 28, 2019 5:43 PM

[quote] I used to post regularly on the forum at Supernatural.TV R174 and you are right. It was made up of LOTS of religious conservatives.

It's boggling to me why a bunch of religious fundies would watch a show called "Supernatural," with demons, witches, and monsters.

That's quite a contradiction.

by Anonymousreply 196January 28, 2019 5:55 PM

I know a lot of former Republicans these days -a lot of conservatives don't want any association with Trump. They're still conservative, but they're not supporting.

by Anonymousreply 197January 28, 2019 5:58 PM

Catching up here, R23, about Misha's homelessness; there's a video he posted not long ago when he was running past a house in Mass. where he said the owners were kind enough to allow his mom to pitch their tent in the backyard and would allow them in to use the bathroom and shower..

That's a pretty fucked up way to grow up. No wonder he's so hardcore on charity work now. A lot of the fans may be batshit, but he seems really appreciative of them. They've donated a large amount of money, stuff and volunteer hours to his fave charities. Anyone who can raise that much for food banks gets a pass for being on a goofy ass, eye roller of a show. I still watch it anyway. As R192 put it, its popcorn for the brain.

by Anonymousreply 198January 29, 2019 2:59 AM

I just realized that Sammy gets knocked out by someone, in almost every episode. Wtf??

by Anonymousreply 199January 30, 2019 6:30 PM

On spn-gossip, someone is saying there's a rumor that JA is being considered/has already been chosen as the next Batman! The word is that he was suggested to be the Bacchus King by JK Simmons, who gets to recommend someone after being a previous King. They say that this honor is given to hot celebs or to someone who has an A-List role coming up. JK is supposed to play Commissioner Gordon in the next Batman movie and him nominating JA for Mardi Gras is to get JA some good publicity to get his name a wider social media awareness for the announcement that will be coming. Believe this if you will.

by Anonymousreply 200January 31, 2019 7:20 PM

I doubt it R200 , official news just dropped 20 minutes ago that Supernatural was renewed for another season.

You hear that bitches? More SPN threads are coming. MUHAHAHAHAHA. That is all.

by Anonymousreply 201January 31, 2019 9:20 PM

No, I don't believe it, r200. The only place Jensen's going is either the Hallmark Channel or direct to video crap.

by Anonymousreply 202January 31, 2019 10:03 PM

R202, don't forget SyFy Channel! Where actors go to die...

by Anonymousreply 203January 31, 2019 10:16 PM

R200, one of the top candidates for Batman is actually Jamie Dorman. He's British, but handsome and does dark and broody well.

by Anonymousreply 204January 31, 2019 10:18 PM

How any sane person could stand to watch this juvenile monster shit is totally beyond me. I'd rather watch paint dry or fucking grass grow.

by Anonymousreply 205January 31, 2019 11:02 PM

R305, yet you gladly expend the time to deride it instead of being an adult and moving on to a thread that interests you.

Just sayin'.

by Anonymousreply 206January 31, 2019 11:29 PM

[quote]The word is that he was suggested to be the Bacchus King by JK Simmons, who gets to recommend someone after being a previous King.

First of all, R200, this notion among you SPN Frauen that J.K. Simmons is somehow this big, instantly recognizable movie star is just ridiculous. Each time I see his name typed out the words "Harry Potter" spring to mind and I think that someone has misspelled J.K. Rowling's name.

Okay, so some people might recognize him but almost nobody is going to know his name, so give it up.

[quote]They say that this honor is given to hot celebs or to someone who has an A-List role coming up.

Secondly, no one is ever going to use the words "hot celeb" or "someone who has a A-List role coming up" to describe Jensen Ackles. Not unless you enter an alternate reality. I live in the New Orleans and will tell you honestly that Bachus has a laughable reputation for their practically unknown "celebrity" kings (Ackles is perfect, by the way). Rex and Comus are much more exclusive. No "celebrities" but lots and lots of very old, local money.

by Anonymousreply 207February 1, 2019 12:09 AM

I want Jared inside me deeply.

by Anonymousreply 208February 1, 2019 12:20 AM

Gross, R208. Jared's looks have changed so much that he now looks like a special needs person. I see nothing appealing about him at all. But to each their own.

by Anonymousreply 209February 1, 2019 12:44 AM

Renewed for season 15.

Suck it up haters!

by Anonymousreply 210February 1, 2019 12:55 AM

I like watching every now and then but it's time for it to end. It really should go off after season 15. Anything else is just beating a dead -- a VERY DEAD -- horse.

by Anonymousreply 211February 1, 2019 4:00 AM

Yesterday's episode was too good and it was a wincest fest. Sam and Dean were hugging like lovers and it was cute...

by Anonymousreply 212February 1, 2019 7:58 AM

[Quote] This must be what it's like to give Castiel a blowjob...

Apprently Misha is also flexible enough to give himself a blowjob lol

[Quote] I wonder if Jared or Jensen have ever visited these Supernatural threads?

I think twitter is enough for them. I really doubt they've been here.

[Quote] On spn-gossip, someone is saying there's a rumor that JA is being considered/has already been chosen as the next Batman!

That sounds like complete and total bullshit.

[Quote] don't forget SyFy Channel! Where actors go to die...

I'm pretty sure Misha's already done a movie for the sci fi channel so i guess he's one step ahead.

by Anonymousreply 213February 1, 2019 12:10 PM

Thursday's episode was probably the best episode all season.

It was extremely dark at the very beginning. So much so, that it was out of character for SPN. The show isn't usually so gory.

But the melodrama between the two brothers in this particular episode, was off the charts. I've never seen them so emotional (and affectionate) with each other, and it was a nice throwback to earlier seasons. Sammy was genuinely upset, and when Dean grabbed him and held on to him for dear life, I thought that it was such an intimate moment between them.

If you didn't catch the episode, this one was a good one to watch.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 214February 1, 2019 1:37 PM

Season 14 has been so much better than 13 (with the exception of the "Scoobynatural" episode), and I'm not surprised that the show has been renewed for a season 15.

Congrats, boys!

by Anonymousreply 215February 1, 2019 1:38 PM

As much as I like this season, the acting has actually gotten worse.

Both Jared and Misha are reading their lines as if they're reading off of cue cards. They ..... talk.... like..... this.... It's terrible! And no, they didn't always do that.

I guess that being on the same show for fourteen years can do that to an actor. And Misha didn't even join the cast until at least five years into the show.

Surprisingly, the only one who was reading his lines well, was Jensen. He seems to be quite the professional. He's not the BEST actor in the world, but his version of "Dean" has been very consistent. Even now.

by Anonymousreply 216February 1, 2019 2:01 PM

Jared will get an Emmy for this week's show.

He was heartbreaking.

by Anonymousreply 217February 1, 2019 2:01 PM

each time I see a Supernatural thread show up in the recents I immediately think, for lack of a better phrase, Frau Thread, and I dismiss it and move on. Today I realized I'd never actually read any of the posts in one of these threads so I endeavored to do so. I must say that my initial thoughts are still the same. I understand that life is made up of different strokes for different folks, but, man, this is a really bad show. The premise itself is bad, as is the writing, and don't even get me started on the acting. I feel like the same people that watch soap operas are it's main audience. I've watched dumb shows because hot guys were in them but those shows could never sustain my interest. And these Supernatural dudes are not even hot anymore!

I'm really curious. What other shows do you watch?

by Anonymousreply 218February 1, 2019 2:13 PM

R161 Jason Todd is one of my favorite comic-book characters, and tbh I hated how Jensen chose to VA Jason for UNDER THE RED HOOD. Knowing Jensen from SPN - a show I already disliked - I went into UtRH prepared to give him the benefit of the doubt and try hard to appreciate his effort, but even still it just didn’t work for me.

Yes, Jason is supposed to sound worn & gritty from his time on the streets and in the underworld of crime, as well as list & confused due to amnesia and deeper down embittered toward The Batman and his subsequent Robins. However, he’s also still a very young man with a lot of emotional naïveté left intact and a heart that is essentially reborn (thanks to the Lazarus Pit). Jason’s idealistic vigour and calloused yearning for a family’s love did not come through in Jensen’s performance, even if the regret and distress did.

Also, Jensen-as-Jason sounded far too similar to Dean Winchester. He didn’t disappear into his character at all. By contrast, NPH was so well-cast and gives such a solid performance as Dick Grayson/Nightwing in this movie that I usually totally forget I’m listening to the erstwhile Barney Stinson/Doogie Howser.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 219February 1, 2019 2:15 PM

[Quote] I feel like the same people that watch soap operas are it's main audience.

That's most CW shows are.

by Anonymousreply 220February 1, 2019 2:24 PM

So what's the deal with the Lucifer guy?

I didn't get the scene between him and his "ghost" wife, back in his home in Delaware.

In fact, I'm not understanding any of those scenes with him.

by Anonymousreply 221February 1, 2019 6:20 PM

R200 you cant take SPN Gossip word for shit!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 222February 1, 2019 6:58 PM

Not sure how far you go back in the show, but back in S11 or so, Lucifer was looking for a vessel. Lucifer visited Nick, who had lost his wife and infant to a home invasion and used the body of his murdered wife to convince him that God didn't care - He let Nick's wife and infant get murdered. Nick was at such a low point from losing his family, he took Lucifer's offer.

Now the wife's ghost is angry that Nick is still doing evil in Lucifer's name - that even though Nick has snuffed the demon that killed Nick's family under Lucifer's orders, she senses that Nick still has some Lucifer feelings. That's what I picked up from that scene.

by Anonymousreply 223February 1, 2019 8:32 PM

Thanks, R223.

So what you just explained, makes me wonder. Do the men who get inhabited by "their" spirits, also fall in love with them?

It's weird, because this is the second time that it has been hinted at in SPN.

by Anonymousreply 224February 2, 2019 12:27 AM

You people do realize that there are actually good shows on TV right? I never understand why people choose to eat gruel when Kobe beef is so readily available.

by Anonymousreply 225February 2, 2019 12:56 AM

Gruel?? Please. More like Doritos. Junk food for the brain.

by Anonymousreply 226February 2, 2019 1:12 AM

[quote] Gruel?? Please. More like Doritos. Junk food for the brain.

I prefer truffle macaroni and cheese.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 227February 2, 2019 2:10 AM

I'm still waiting for the episode where Sam and Dean make out.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 228February 2, 2019 2:47 AM

Yes, boys!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 229February 2, 2019 2:48 AM

R223

Lucifer got inside Nick in season 5 and not 11.

You find being penetrated does bring a certain wistful pining.

I guess Nick chose Lucifer over his ghost wife now.

Supernatural is so gay!!

by Anonymousreply 230February 2, 2019 3:32 AM

[quote] You find being penetrated does bring a certain wistful pining. I guess Nick chose Lucifer over his ghost wife now. Supernatural is so gay!!

I guess you could say that Nick wants Lucifer (back) in him, quite deeply!

He's dickmatized.

by Anonymousreply 231February 2, 2019 3:39 AM

This was another SPN episode where a man wanted "his demon" back, because he loved him.

It was a very interesting episode.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 232February 2, 2019 3:40 AM

Supernatural is so straight.

by Anonymousreply 233February 2, 2019 4:30 AM

The same 50 year old fan frauen posts over and over trying to generate some kind of interest in this horrid show. You can tell it's the same damn person.

Jesus, nobody watches this train wreck of a show.

by Anonymousreply 234February 2, 2019 5:10 AM

A bit like R234 posts over and over and over trying to give the impression the haters are legion.

Too bad.

Season 15 is coming and there is absolutely nothing you can do about it.

by Anonymousreply 235February 2, 2019 5:44 AM

R230 demonic possession was a plot point in Season 15 of DOCTOR WHO first aired in the late 1970s, where the Fourth Doctor (played by Tom Baker) faces an ancient force known as The Fendahl. It was an allegory for suicidal ideation. You’ll find later examples of possession plots in certain television arcs shown on TWIN PEAKS, BUFFY THE VAMPIRE SLAYER & ANGEL, CHARMED, and SMALLVILLE.

From a more scientific perspective STAR TREK DS9 was airing symbiont plots with the Trill species of alien back in the early ‘90s, and Eddie Brock of SPIDERMAN found his symbiont Venom in the late ‘80s.

I’m afraid this isn’t a fresh idea unique to SPN, and in terms of plot devices to look to is rather a lazy, hacky genre staple. By all means enjoy it but know that it’s old hat.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 236February 2, 2019 8:20 AM

[Quote] WIN PEAKS, BUFFY THE VAMPIRE SLAYER & ANGEL, CHARMED, and SMALLVILLE.

And some of those shows are far more superior than SPN (depending on who you ask lol). I sometimes forget Jensen was on Smallville and that his mother was played by Jane Seymour.

by Anonymousreply 237February 2, 2019 12:57 PM

[quote] nobody watches this train wreck of a show

Yeah, that's why Supernatural is being renewed for a 15th season. Because nobody watches the show. Pffft.

If nothing else, the show should be recognized for its longevity and staying power. There isn't any other show on like it on television, except for maybe Law & Order: SVU.

[quote] With its eleventh season, Supernatural became the longest-running American live-action fantasy TV series. On April 2, 2018, The CW renewed the series for a fourteenth season, which premiered on October 11, 2018, and will consist of 20 episodes. On January 31, 2019, The CW renewed the series for a fifteenth season.

That's quite an accomplishment for a show that "nobody watches."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 238February 2, 2019 1:12 PM

Funny little tidbit from the SPN wiki page:

[quote] Before the debut of the series' fifth season, in which Lucifer is finally freed from his imprisonment, fans attempted to promote the show through Twitter. Enough fans posted the hash tag "#LuciferIsComing" that it made it into "trending topics" – a list depicting words and phrases posted with the highest frequency on the website. However, Twitter users who were unaware of the fans' intentions responded with numerous posts of "#GodIsHere", and the topic was blocked from Twitter's trending topics after complaints. Actor Misha Collins, who portrays Castiel in the series, tried to continue the campaign by requesting that fans post "#PDiddyIsScaredOfHisTV", rapper P. Diddy being the one whom many fans believe to be the instigator of the initial backlash. However, after an hour, this attempt to trend the topic was also stymied by Twitter.

Gotta love Misha, that little shit stirrer.

by Anonymousreply 239February 2, 2019 1:14 PM

Don't forget, y'all!

[quote] In honor of the series' season 14 renewal, Mayor Steve Adler of Austin, Texas declared June 23, 2018 as "Supernatural Day" in the city, as the show's stars Ackles and Padalecki are both Austin residents. The day, which coincided with the duo participating in local charity events, also recognized Supernatural for, as the declaration proclaimed, "bringing the best fans in the world" to the city.

I wonder what the Mr. Mayor will do for them this year?

by Anonymousreply 240February 2, 2019 1:15 PM

"Supernatural future teased by The CW boss after season 15 renewal"

The CW president Mark Pedowitz has confirmed the network's commitment to cult TV favourite Supernatural.

Recently renewed for its 15th season of moody monster hunting, fans can feel safe in the knowledge that the guys working behind the scenes on it are just as excited about continuing the show as they are.

Via Deadline, Pedowitz explained: "As long as the ratings hold up and the guys (stars Jared Padalecki and Jensen Ackles) want to do it, it's really that simple. They have created something about these two brothers that actually transcends."

The big boss was also keen to mention Supernatural's impressive ratings statistics, adding "The show has been the lead-in or lead-out to all the successful shows on the network, it has one of the most balanced audiences."

Meanwhile, what does Pedowitz think about another spin-off attempt, following The Wayward Sisters' unfortunate lack of popularity?

"If there was a spin-off to be had, I'd love to have it," he noted. "That said, I've come to somewhat of a conclusion that the show is the two brothers."

Reflecting on the future of Supernatural, Pedowitz then said "If I can find a way, that (the show) stays the whole time on, and still holds up and the studio can figure out how to do it, we're all in."

Supernatural season 14 continues Thursdays on The CW, with its 300th episode airing on February 7. The series airs on E4 in the UK.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 241February 2, 2019 1:46 PM

"Supernatural future teased by The CW boss after season 15 renewal"

The CW president Mark Pedowitz has confirmed the network's commitment to cult TV favourite Supernatural.

Recently renewed for its 15th season of moody monster hunting, fans can feel safe in the knowledge that the guys working behind the scenes on it are just as excited about continuing the show as they are.

Via Deadline, Pedowitz explained: "As long as the ratings hold up and the guys (stars Jared Padalecki and Jensen Ackles) want to do it, it's really that simple. They have created something about these two brothers that actually transcends."

The big boss was also keen to mention Supernatural's impressive ratings statistics, adding "The show has been the lead-in or lead-out to all the successful shows on the network, it has one of the most balanced audiences."

Meanwhile, what does Pedowitz think about another spin-off attempt, following The Wayward Sisters' unfortunate lack of popularity?

"If there was a spin-off to be had, I'd love to have it," he noted. "That said, I've come to somewhat of a conclusion that the show is the two brothers."

Reflecting on the future of Supernatural, Pedowitz then said "If I can find a way, that (the show) stays the whole time on, and still holds up and the studio can figure out how to do it, we're all in."

Supernatural season 14 continues Thursdays on The CW, with its 300th episode airing on February 7. The series airs on E4 in the UK.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 242February 2, 2019 1:46 PM

I know multiple people who watch the show, and they are all across the spectrum. My younger gamer friends watch it. One of my oldest friends watches it with her two preteens.. She watched Buffy with her own mom. Every Sci-Fi/D&D nerd (me included) watches it. Is it schlock? Sure, but so is Godzilla and I love that shit too.

Personally, I wish they'd bring back Constantine (and not just on Legends of Tomorrow). Grimm was brilliant in its early seasons. It got a little off track, but NBC shoved it on to Friday nights and didn't give it a chance.

by Anonymousreply 243February 2, 2019 3:43 PM

I had no idea that the 300th episode is going to air this Thursday!!

I wonder if that's when John Winchester will make an appearance?

If so, then it's going to be a surprise appearance, because no one knows about it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 244February 2, 2019 4:23 PM

Strap yourself in this Thursday R244, because that's when John Fucking Winchester returns to the show for its 300th episode. It's been all over social media for the last 6 weeks that JDM was coming back to the show.

by Anonymousreply 245February 2, 2019 4:54 PM

I haven't read any of these Supernatural threads (because I don't watch the show), but isn't one of the 2 leads reportedly a raging homophobe?

by Anonymousreply 246February 2, 2019 4:57 PM

[quote] John Fucking Winchester returns to the show for its 300th episode.

I was wondering why Dean was talking to Sam about "dad" in this latest episode.

He was in the car with Sam, and said something about how he was sorry he wasn't always around, because whenever Dean screwed up, their dad would get pissed and then send him "away."

Dean never elaborated on what "away" meant, but I found the whole conversation to be strange and out of place.

Hopefully, it will make sense after the next episode.

by Anonymousreply 247February 2, 2019 5:02 PM

[quote] Every Sci-Fi/D&D nerd (me included) watches it. Is it schlock? Sure, but so is Godzilla and I love that shit too.

R243 happy you’ve amassed a tribe who enjoy a show in common, that’s a cool thing to have in one’s social life. I wish I had similar in my hometown around my niche theater interests. However I must disagree with you and say that as a lesbian sci-fi (and formerly RPG) nerd myself I just don’t ever watch SPN and actively dislike it, and so it is with many of our sisters.

My sweet but frauey straight sister once sat me down to try out a season, and though I did diligently endure the run and try hard to enjoy and make sense of it I could not get there. The same happened when she tried to get me into PRISON BREAK. I’m sure I’m the one missing out on something but for me the SPN experience was just so po-faced & joyless, and left me feeling only irritation and boredom.

I prefer my schlock fantasy/-fi to have some gleeful high-camp and some joie-de-vivre, as well as a sturdy 4th wall and less reliance on #nostalgia & retro over world-building and sociopolitical color. I guess I’m just old-fashioned and sentimental.

As for Japanese fiction, I love Super Sentai (aka Power Rangers before America got hold of it) and get mocked for that soundly. Good for you standing by your interests; just because everyone else likes oranges..

Anyway, as you were.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 248February 2, 2019 6:03 PM

I can't wait to see the 300th episode, although I doubt that it will be as good as the 200th "Fan Fiction" episode.

That one still stands as my all-time favorite.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 249February 2, 2019 10:21 PM

Sweet Christ, you know it's got to be a slow night on Datalounge (and in my life) when I'm reading AND posting in a thread on Supernatural. How anyone stands to watch this garbage is beyond me. My partner's 36 year old daughter (from his first marriage) is completely obsessed with this crap. I'm 2 years older than she is and wouldn't watch it if someone paid me. She's a trust fund baby and my partner cut her "allowance" off because she was using tens of thousands of dollars to go conventions where these actors make appearances. You can buy photographs with them and other kinds of bullshit ephemera. I can't believe people on Datalounge watch this show. I guess I should refer my partner's daughter to this thread. Maybe she'd like me better.

by Anonymousreply 250February 3, 2019 5:22 AM

Not sure why your comment made me laugh so hard r250 but it did. Yeah, spn is not my cup of tea either. It is definitely a slow night here. When I see these threads I envision old queeny gay men in caftans! This idiotic show wouldn't have made it a full season if it was on one of the main networks. Any show out there could last 15 yrs if the network just kept renewing it, like they do spn. The ratings are horrible, 1.38 this last weel so nobody really watches it. I think CW keeps it on for nostalgia. It's usually 3rd or 4th for them.

by Anonymousreply 251February 3, 2019 5:40 AM

Jensen Ackles couldn't act his way out of a high school play. He's so bad it's not even funny. He and the tall dude have to be the most fortunate guys in H Wood. They had decent chemistry on a shitty network. Otherwise they'd be selling shoes at Payless in Richardson, TX

by Anonymousreply 252February 3, 2019 8:27 AM

worst show on tv. only reason it's still on is that it's on the WB. Good shows get cancelled and this shit gets 15 years.

by Anonymousreply 253February 3, 2019 9:28 AM

Ha Ha

Haters having a meltdown-as usual.

Episode 300 this week!

Can't wait! My Jensen and Jared cushions are ready for some hugging next Thursday .

My neighbours complain about my squealing but I don't care!!!!

by Anonymousreply 254February 3, 2019 10:12 AM

I honestly don't get this irrational hostility from the haters, towards this show. It's mind boggling.

Jared and Jensen certainly aren't any worse actors than Lady CACA, who's nominated for an Academy Award.

So yes, I truly believe that they are capable of the same, or at least an Emmy one day.

All of the ridicule in the world, isn't going to make me stop liking this show. So suck it, haters!

by Anonymousreply 255February 3, 2019 10:51 AM

R250, don't you dare. We get enough fangirls as is. You try and Prancing Pony this thread, I will go Liam Neeson on you.

Worst show on TV? I got two words for you - Dynasty. Reboot. Fucking terrible.

SPN is utter schlock, but its fun schlock. I couldn't imagine going to a fan convention though. I went to a couple of Trek conventions, but that was a couple of decades ago and those weren't full of raging fan girls. I'd be afraid to go to an SPN convention. I think I'd be running out the door screaming in five minutes.

by Anonymousreply 256February 3, 2019 12:34 PM

[Quote] I went to a couple of Trek conventions, but that was a couple of decades ago and those weren't full of raging fan girls.

Anything interesting happen??

by Anonymousreply 257February 3, 2019 12:52 PM

R257, meh. I did get to meet John DeLancie (Q) in the hallway. My best friend was with me (she's not particularly a Trek fan) and remembered him from his soap opera days. They were laughing hysterically for a half hour over some of the terrible storylines he was forced to do. He's a super great guy. Also got to meet Majel Barrett Roddenberry, who was just beautiful and so kind. I just remember that shit was outrageously expensive. The souvenir folks make a mint.

One of my friends is a HARD CORE Trek fan. His whole family goes to the huge Vegas con every year. Costumes, the works. He has a really stressful job, so the conventions and cosplay allow him to step out of himself for a while. I know they spend a couple thousand going to Vegas con every year. As for fan conventions in general, I guess its some kind of fan bonding experience where you don't have to feel like a weirdo because everyone else is there for the same reason. Thanks, but I'd rather spend that kind of money on a real vacation, not four days of fan-o-rama.

by Anonymousreply 258February 3, 2019 1:43 PM

R257, meh. I did get to meet John DeLancie (Q) in the hallway. My best friend was with me (she's not particularly a Trek fan) and remembered him from his soap opera days. They were laughing hysterically for a half hour over some of the terrible storylines he was forced to do. He's a super great guy. Also got to meet Majel Barrett Roddenberry, who was just beautiful and so kind. I just remember that shit was outrageously expensive. The souvenir folks make a mint.

One of my friends is a HARD CORE Trek fan. His whole family goes to the huge Vegas con every year. Costumes, the works. He has a really stressful job, so the conventions and cosplay allow him to step out of himself for a while. I know they spend a couple thousand going to Vegas con every year. As for fan conventions in general, I guess its some kind of fan bonding experience where you don't have to feel like a weirdo because everyone else is there for the same reason. Thanks, but I'd rather spend that kind of money on a real vacation, not four days of fan-o-rama.

by Anonymousreply 259February 3, 2019 1:43 PM

R258 thanks for sharing. You're friend is definitely one of the more [italic]dedicated[/italic] Trekkies.

by Anonymousreply 260February 3, 2019 1:59 PM

R258/259, what sorts of things sell at these conventions?

I'd love to become a collector.... especially of Supernatural show-related items.

I want to make some MONEY!!

by Anonymousreply 261February 3, 2019 5:36 PM

R261 have you ever heard the tale of Rob Zombie & his erstwhile trove of memorabilia? Or that of the fictional Fillyjonk? It might do to read them.

by Anonymousreply 262February 3, 2019 5:43 PM

Never, R262. Not the slightest clue.

by Anonymousreply 263February 3, 2019 5:51 PM

261, if you're on Twitter, search under #SPNSEA - its all about the Seattle convention. Some of the vendors are posting.. Everything from clothes, buttons (pins), pictures (to get signed), jewelry - they even have a "glam camp" with professional makeup artists and hairdressers (all who are other fans attending) to make sure fans look good in the pictures I saw pictures of the Trek convention in Vegas last year and they had it too; however just more "space-y" makeup . Hell, if I was artsy, I'd go sell shit too, since I'm in Seattle. I was on Twitter this morning and spotted the hashtag, so followed it. So much crap. So much money to be made. I wish.

Some guy asked Jim Beaver (plays Bobby) if hes ok doing photos with guys. Jim's reply made me laugh: "I don’t like to look stupider than I am, but I’m pretty easy. I like to keep my hat on, though. " (for those who don't know Jim's an old Marine; he's also super Liberal. By all accounts, a genuinely nice man).

by Anonymousreply 264February 3, 2019 6:29 PM

That's awesome, R264. I'll check it out.

Do you know what sells? Like what are the big ticket items?

I don't want to waste my time trying to get small time crap. I want to buy things with a high re-sell value.

by Anonymousreply 265February 3, 2019 6:44 PM

R265, one of my friends went to a convention two years ago here and got a funny picture with Misha. She said it was fun bonding with people over the show, but doubts she will go to another because some of the rabid fangirls were just too much. I asked her if she remembers what the hot sellers were.

Big sellers are jewelry. of all kinds. You can find stuff on Amazon and resell it; however, the biggest moneymakers are the good jewelry from Etsy-type creators. The fancier stuff. I know there's an official SPN charm bracelet for charity with official charms, but people are making their own stuff to add to it. Other thing that was super hot that you don't need talent for were the temporary tattoos - the good ones that last for several days and look real. They have SPN themed ones like the anti possession tattoo and stuff. Those were HUGELY popular.

by Anonymousreply 266February 3, 2019 8:35 PM

Thanks so much, R266!!

Time to get crackin', lol.

by Anonymousreply 267February 3, 2019 8:39 PM

R267, Hell I might consider being a vendor at next year's Seattle Con. Do the temp tattoo thing. There are some great makers who do sleeves that look totally real (designs done by actual tattooists). Stuff like this (link). Laid face down on skin and use a damp sponge on back to transfer. Last a few days to a week, so definitely long enough for the whole convention.

I know a couple of the actors who had smaller roles on the show do stuff like Ghost Hunt at supposedly haunted properties around Seattle and stuff. A much more personal experience.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 268February 3, 2019 8:49 PM

This is the creepiest thread on the site. Supernatural weirdos everywhere

by Anonymousreply 269February 3, 2019 11:18 PM

R269, creepiest? Have you read the Henry Cavill/Luke Evans/Lee Pace stalk-o-rama threads? This is pretty fucking tame. At least we're just talking about a t.v. show .

by Anonymousreply 270February 3, 2019 11:20 PM

This week's episode Prophet and Loss was surprisingly very good. I thought SAM and DEAN were going to kiss in that last scene. That hug had so much punch. Damn.

by Anonymousreply 271February 4, 2019 3:11 AM

R271, If I wasn't anonymous, I would never admit that I actually teared up at that scene. The really good performances came out of nowhere.

by Anonymousreply 272February 4, 2019 3:17 AM

lmao, this has got to be saddest, fucking frauiest thread in the history of data lounge. I can't believe I haven't seen it before.

I feel like Joan Didion seeing a Thomas Kinkade painting for the first time.

by Anonymousreply 273February 4, 2019 4:42 AM

Of course you "haven't seen it before". *eyeroll* Your writing style is still the same. Ignore threads that don't interest you. Pay attention to ones you do. How fucking hard is this concept?

by Anonymousreply 274February 4, 2019 4:53 AM

[quote]I feel like Joan Didion seeing a Thomas Kinkade painting for the first time.

This is one of the best, snarkiest, cuntiest comments I've ever seen on datalounge. It's given me life, R273, so thanks for that.

Carry on.

by Anonymousreply 275February 4, 2019 4:10 PM

These spn threads are all the same. A handful of people ranting about how spn deserves Emmys and how underappreciated it is, and then the rest of Data Lounge making fun of them. Why do you spn fans post here? Why not go to another site where people aren't antagonizing you? Makes no sense to me.

by Anonymousreply 276February 4, 2019 4:51 PM

How could anybody but a 13 year old girl stand to watch anything on the cw network?? Its all bad. Supernatural included.

by Anonymousreply 277February 4, 2019 5:00 PM

Why would keep posting over and over how much you hate the show? Why wouldn't you go to a thread that interests you? Are you that much of a loser you feel the need to troll threads where nobody gives a shit how much you whine about how you hate it?

by Anonymousreply 278February 4, 2019 5:56 PM

R278 this is Datalounge. If you think there's only 1 person on here busting your balls for fawning all over this shitty show your crazy.

by Anonymousreply 279February 4, 2019 6:55 PM

Just block the haters 278 and move on. Quit complaining so much, sheesh.

by Anonymousreply 280February 4, 2019 6:56 PM

R276 - Newsflash sweetums, the "rest of DataLounge" doesn't give a flying fuck about this thread. Its just you.

by Anonymousreply 281February 4, 2019 7:12 PM

TNT is airing some favorite Supernatural episodes this week, in anticipation of the 300th episode on Thursday.

Today they showed three good ones: Scoobynatural, Tall Tales (where they meet the Trickster), and Mystery Spot (where Sammy watches Dean die over and over again).

The best of SPN episodes are going to be airing all week on TNT, both mornings and late night, if anyone's interested.

by Anonymousreply 282February 4, 2019 9:36 PM

I love all three of those R282. Scoobynatural makes me laugh every time.

I watched Mystery Spot ton Netflix he other day, right after I watched the promo for Netflix's series Russian Doll. Which has the exact same premise (lead character dies every day). Yeah, Twilight Zone did it first, but they died the same way each time there. Dean getting squished repeatedly in different ways was amusing in a twisted sort of way.

by Anonymousreply 283February 4, 2019 10:00 PM

You sure are living up the Supernatural Fan stereotype, R281. My comment at 276 is the one and only post I've made on this thread. Be my guest and do whatever sleuthing you want to verify that. The only reason I'm back here now is that I just logged on a home at saw that I had 9 likes on it! I personally wouldn't watch Supernatural if someone paid me, but if you like it that's cool by me. I just don't know why you'd want to post on a board where people are bound to make fun of you, that's all.

by Anonymousreply 284February 5, 2019 12:44 AM

[quote] I just don't know why you'd want to post on a board where people are bound to make fun of you, that's all.

If that's the case, then why does ANYONE post on this board?

by Anonymousreply 285February 5, 2019 1:01 AM

"I just don't know why you'd want to post on a board where people are bound to make fun of you, that's all."

I'm sorry, are you new here? Because EVERYTHING is fair game on DL.

by Anonymousreply 286February 5, 2019 1:01 AM

High ^ to R285, Someday I will figure out that stupid quote function. It used to be easier. Is it still [ quote ] (no spaces) and the same at end with / before quote? Tx.

by Anonymousreply 287February 5, 2019 1:33 AM

[quote]I'm sorry, are you new here? Because EVERYTHING is fair game on DL.

So everything is fair game but you whine like a little bitch because people make fun of you for watching this abortion? r284 the most 'likes' I've ever received was on a thread like this one. This show is horrible. The two brothers gotta be the worst performers on tv.

by Anonymousreply 288February 5, 2019 2:08 AM

Don't they throw SPN fans off the roofs in Iran? It would be fun watching their caftans flutter. They'd look like that time on the show when the angels all fell from heaven.

by Anonymousreply 289February 5, 2019 2:23 AM

Like R289, a lot of the haters who swear they hate the show, don't watch the show and yet they can quote something about the show from a story line that only a fan would know about.

How would you know about the angels falling from heaven?

They are so easy to catch out.

by Anonymousreply 290February 5, 2019 2:54 AM

I've been here for about that same about of time R286. The site is so different now. Now it's nothing but threads arguing about aging pop stars, Donald Trump, what porn star is hottest, what tv show is best, etc. I miss the way it used to be. I guess that's just part of getting old.

R290, people can have some familiarity with a television program and not be a fan of it. You do realize that don't you? I enjoy watching Sam and Dean in the mornings but don't watch current episodes. I watch it to pass the time but don't consider myself a fan. It's not one of the better programs on television but if you like it so be it. Just stop engaging people who have different opinions and leave it be. You're on Data Lounge for God's sake.

by Anonymousreply 291February 5, 2019 5:02 AM

Jesus Christ - I was curious so I checked out how much these conventions actually cost. I pulled up Seattle, which is coming up. $1650 for a front row seat???? $200-$500 for photo ops? EACH? Jared and Jensen only sign for gold and silver package holders = $$$$$$, etc. etc. No wonder they want to keep this cash cow of a show going!

With hotel, this is like a $4000 three day weekend. Fuck that shit, you know what kind of awesome vacation I could do for $4k?? 16 day New Zealand and Australia cruise on Celebrity. Airfare included. Plus I'd have money left over to buy gifts for my friends. Shaking my damn head here.

by Anonymousreply 292February 5, 2019 7:34 PM

I don't think that Jared and Jensen make very much money from these shows, to be honest.

I'm guessing that the promoters and vendors make the bulk of the money, and that J&J probably make a flat fee plus a commission on sales.

Not sure why they show up for these conventions, though. Do they really need that couple extra thousand dollars? It seems like it would be a waste of their time. Unless they are contractually obligated to attend a certain number of conventions per year.

by Anonymousreply 293February 5, 2019 7:41 PM

It's enjoyable monster-fluff, and the boys are mostly cute.

by Anonymousreply 294February 5, 2019 7:42 PM

R293, no. I looked. Hollywood Reporter did an article on this a couple years ago. It was stated that Stephen Arnell from Arrow can walk away with $250K from ONE WEEKEND fan convention.

"Here's how it works: Actors typically ask for a price guarantee — often paid up front — to show up, sign autographs, pose for photos and sometimes take part in a panel discussion or two. Most conventions charge an entry fee, collect $5 for every autograph and $10 per photo (with a photographer taking another $10). The stars — who receive luxury travel and accommodations — pocket the rest. Anything over the guarantee is icing on the cake."

So the actors are making a SHIT TON of money off of this. I guess that's why they happily suck it up and deal with the crazy fans. I would too!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 295February 5, 2019 7:56 PM

[Quote] one of my friends went to a convention two years ago here and got a funny picture with Misha. She said it was fun bonding with people over the show, but doubts she will go to another because some of the rabid fangirls were just too much.

Lol why am i not surprised??

[Quote] Not sure why they show up for these conventions, though. Do they really need that couple extra thousand dollars? It seems like it would be a waste of their time. Unless they are contractually obligated to attend a certain number of conventions per year.

I think they're making the most of it. Who knows what will happen after SPN ends. And they've got families to support.

by Anonymousreply 296February 5, 2019 8:00 PM

[quote] Stephen Arnell from Arrow can walk away with $250K from ONE WEEKEND fan convention.

O.M.G.

Proof that how good of an actor you are doesn't make a shit ton of difference, when it comes to making BANK.

by Anonymousreply 297February 5, 2019 8:08 PM

R297 seriously!

by Anonymousreply 298February 5, 2019 8:30 PM

No kidding R297! If I were in the shoes of the lead actors, I'd be milking this shit for at least another few years!!

Even for the smaller parts, the actors/actresses use these conventions to pay their bills! Even when Rowena or Mary aren't actively on the show like now, the actresses still make a ton of money from appearances. Rachel Miner (Meg) still happily appears at as many Cons as she can as she has MS now and this pays her bills (plus she has been very public that the hardcore fan support is what has helped her deal with her illness).

I've heard Misha donates a large portion of his take from the Cons to Random Acts (the charity org he established).

by Anonymousreply 299February 5, 2019 8:55 PM

[Quote] If I were in the shoes of the lead actors, I'd be milking this shit for at least another few years!!

So would i. And it's funny because fans sometimes get upset that their fave actor is doing so many cons instead of getting roles. But you can see why they do.

[Quote] Rachel Miner (Meg) still happily appears at as many Cons as she can as she has MS now and this pays her bills (plus she has been very public that the hardcore fan support is what has helped her deal with her illness).

I'm glad to hear that because some fans were really mean when she got sick. Calling her moonface and of course some were upset because of Meg/Castiel.

by Anonymousreply 300February 5, 2019 9:21 PM

I find it hard to believe that a convention can even generate a total of $250,000, let alone pay an actor that much.

by Anonymousreply 301February 5, 2019 11:02 PM

R300 - the haters got chewed a new one by a lot of the cast. Caused a domino effect from the fans turning on the haters too. I follow Rachel on Twitter just because she is fun and seems to be a total doll (ditto Ruth Connell - Rowena. Very funny).

R301, look at the article that was linked at R295 that we're discussing. You may find it hard to believe, but you get 3,000 fans shelling out almost a thousand a pop just for admission to get a gold pass so they can got an autograph from Jensen/Jared (let alone a picture, autographs from other cast, etc.), they're making a shit ton of cash.

by Anonymousreply 302February 5, 2019 11:24 PM

[quote] Proof that how good of an actor you are doesn't make a shit ton of difference, when it comes to making BANK.

Being really hot helps a lot, I'm sure.

by Anonymousreply 303February 6, 2019 1:23 AM

Episode 300 today!

Suck it haters!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 304February 7, 2019 1:03 PM

I'm excited for it!

Are we sure that Negan...oops, I mean John Winchester is coming back?

Or is that just speculation?

I know that Negan's bat "Lucille" has already made a guest appearance on SPN.....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 305February 7, 2019 1:07 PM

Dean and Lucille....lol

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 306February 7, 2019 1:08 PM

I would love to see Sam and Dean make a cameo appearance on The Walking Dead. Maybe make them part of The Saviors gang.

That would be awesome!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 307February 7, 2019 1:12 PM

300 episodes is pretty impressive.

Not many television shows have had anything even close to that.

Sam and Dean Winchester will go down in television history.

by Anonymousreply 308February 7, 2019 5:38 PM

#spn300 on Twitter

Congrats, SPN!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 309February 7, 2019 9:37 PM

Jared and Jensen were both SO adorable in season one.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 310February 7, 2019 9:38 PM

Jared has posted a ton of "behind the scenes" information from SPN at the link at R309.

He wrote that the show was supposed to end with season five, after 100 episodes.

But it's still going strong!

by Anonymousreply 311February 7, 2019 9:40 PM

What time is SPN on the East Coast?

by Anonymousreply 312February 7, 2019 11:15 PM

Tonight's episode is entitled "Lebanon." Curious.

by Anonymousreply 313February 8, 2019 12:01 AM

Lebanon is just the town their bunker is in.

by Anonymousreply 314February 8, 2019 12:04 AM

I tried several times this season, but I just couldn't sit through an entire episode. Need some eye candy, which over-the-hill J2 can't really provide anymore.

by Anonymousreply 315February 8, 2019 12:04 AM

My own version of hell would be having to sit through one single episode of this banal bullshit. Having to watch 300 of them is unconscionable.

by Anonymousreply 316February 8, 2019 12:43 AM

There are many wildly successful shows that I think are crud for my own personal tastes.

With that, I don't watch them and have no interest in them or their fans.

You have to ask yourself why would people come to a thread about a show they supposedly dislike.

It has to go beyond not liking a show because you just wouldn't find them here.

There is some deep animosity toward the show beyond just the show-if you like.

They despise the people in it.

I don't buy he's an alleged republican and he tweets about unsatisfactory service at a cafe as an excuse to be absolutely obsessed by these actors.

It all boils down to just plain petty jealousy at their success.

Most of us level headed people will say good luck to them even if you don't watch the show.

The deranged Datalounger haters are obviously so embittered with their own mediocrity that anyone with a modicum of success is fair game for their own failures.

Fans of the show here and generally polite, but those against the show are the rudest, most miserable and spiteful people I have come across here.

It's kind of pathological.

by Anonymousreply 317February 8, 2019 1:02 AM

So was John resurrected from hell, brought down from heaven or was he just an entity that Dean's mind created? Whatever he was, I liked the episode overall but I they used John horribly - his time onscreen was much too short and pretty generic. They could have gone into so much more family stuff. They gave S&J a big deep convo, but the one with Dean was pretty meh. I guess I wanted an angstfest.

by Anonymousreply 318February 8, 2019 1:14 AM

Wow that was a let down! Compared to the 200th episode this one stunk. I'm really disappointed. I expected more.

by Anonymousreply 319February 8, 2019 1:18 AM

Jesus fuck, R317, did you forget where you are? The idea that people on DL are jealous of these 2 actors and therefore stalk this thread posting "hater" stuff is so stupid. I mean, really? That's what you believe? Face the music--Supernatural is a dumb show that is endlessly made fun of. If you like it then fine, but you're on DATALOUNGE and when something about Supernatural shows up in the recents, bored guys are gonna come in here and fuck with you. I've never posted on this thread before but I can bet you money that I wouldn't have to go far back to find a post that says the short dude with the fake voice deserves an Emmy. Or the show itself deserves an Emmy. That kind of stuff cracks people up and they're gonna mess with you for it. Either ignore it or stop posting.

And you might want to go look up the word "pathological."

by Anonymousreply 320February 8, 2019 1:31 AM

I haven't watched the new ep yet (west coast) but I have enjoyed some of the fan pictures on twitter under the SPN300 hash tag, including a super cute baby dyke who brought her gf (at the time) in for pictures. Her picture with smooching her gf with Misha and Jensen (and the narrative of how super supportive they both were) was cute. Apparently they did the pic three times to make sure they had it perfectly. Misha very teasingly told them to "not fuck this one up:" on the second take due to long hair obstructing the perfect kiss shot. Was super supportive. Jensen was apparently was "what?' at first, but then immediately thought the idea "awesome" and told them over and over how sweet it was. Even cuter was her bringing a pride flag to her pic with Jared - the picture of them both wrapped in it, hugging. He was happily grinning with her tucked under his chin. It honestly was adorable (and I'm the old lesbian from upthread), Still will never, ever make me go to a con, but the photos were cute.

by Anonymousreply 321February 8, 2019 1:59 AM

R319 and R318 I agree!!! I am disappointed and so surprised. I thought it was a shitty episode other than JDM and he was not used well. I've been looking forward to this for a long time so I am shell shocked!

R317 You have to be less thin skinned. Lots of people don't care for spn and think it's terrible. Don't take it so personal.

r321 I know Misha is totally cool with gays but I'm just never going to completely believe that Jensen is altogether okay with gay marriage. I'm the first to say I could be wrong and hope so. The support he showed for Beto warmed my heart.

by Anonymousreply 322February 8, 2019 2:07 AM

I'm so disappointed to hear that the 300th episode sucked.

I haven't seen it yet, but it's a bummer that it didn't measure up to the fantastic 200th episode.

Somebody must have dropped the ball. This episode should have been epic.

by Anonymousreply 323February 8, 2019 2:24 AM

The episode didn't completely suck - it had some humor and an old character pop in for a short visit. It's just that John's return should have had us fans rapt and a mess of smiles and tears, but it was all potatoes and hardly any meat.

by Anonymousreply 324February 8, 2019 2:46 AM

Yeah, the episode was okay, not great. For the brothers it was fantastic because dad finally vocalized the fact that he was so very proud of them. That was great.

I loved that apparently the Men of Letters have crystal and candelabra and cloth napkins in the bunker 😛

Maybe the fact that John “remembered” his dream will lead to subtle changes in the boys’ current life.

by Anonymousreply 325February 8, 2019 3:11 AM

Compared to the other big one, the one with the school play about Wincest and Diestiel this episode tanked big time.

by Anonymousreply 326February 8, 2019 3:18 AM

WEHT Jeffrey Dean Morgan's movie career?

by Anonymousreply 327February 8, 2019 3:35 AM

I thought the episode was OK, but then again I was meh about episode 200.

by Anonymousreply 328February 8, 2019 3:44 AM

[quote] WEHT Jeffrey Dean Morgan's movie career?

In case you've been living under a rock, he currently plays Negan on The Walking Dead.

by Anonymousreply 329February 8, 2019 3:54 AM

Why did John Winchester look older than he did when he when he was last on the show?

by Anonymousreply 330February 8, 2019 4:04 AM

[quote] Why did John Winchester look older than he did when he when he was last on the show?

Lol, probably because it was over ten years ago.

by Anonymousreply 331February 8, 2019 4:12 AM

It was disappointing that the writers didn't pay homage to the history of the show, with this 300th episode. They could have done a lot more.

However, I am thinking that they might be setting up those young kids as the future of the show. Especially since they're from the Winchesters' home town. Maybe they're laying the groundwork for when Jared and Jensen decide to leave.

The line where one of the kids referred to Jack as "that kid who looks like Bambi" made me giggle.

by Anonymousreply 332February 8, 2019 4:21 AM

So those two girls were definitely a couple at the end of the episode.

by Anonymousreply 333February 8, 2019 4:22 AM

[quote]I was meh about episode 200.

How could any SPN fan, especially one posting on a gay website, think that "Fan Fiction," the 200th epi, was "meh?" It and Swang Song are two of the most iconic episodes of SPN.

Tonight's 300th epi, "Lebanon," was awful. It was just a shitty filler epi that happened to have John Winchester in it. Laugh all you want but I feel let down big time.

by Anonymousreply 334February 8, 2019 4:41 AM

Eric Kripke and Robbie Thompson, two of the absolute best writers for Supernatural, collaborated on Fan Fiction, the 200th episode. Lebanon was written by Andrew Dabb and Meredith Glynn who have not written any episodes that I particularly cared for. Can't figure out why they gave them the privilege of writing the 300th.

by Anonymousreply 335February 8, 2019 4:49 AM

I liked 300th episode. At least it wasn't boring like that 200th. It was so boring I could have cried. I can't believe people liked that damn episode and comparing that with 300th. 300th episode isn't great but much better than 200th in my opinion.

by Anonymousreply 336February 8, 2019 5:00 AM

I do have to admit that this episode made me cry.

There was so much nostalgia by bringing John back, and oh the tears shed by the cast. You can tell that it was real and there was a lot of emotion going on with the cast.

Overall, I thought it was a good episode. Not really 300th episode worthy, but it was good.

I guess they just wanted to go with subdued, and not epic.

by Anonymousreply 337February 8, 2019 5:02 AM

The show isn't coming back until March 7. WTF??

by Anonymousreply 338February 8, 2019 5:02 AM

And POOF! Just like that, quicker than Dean can decapitate a vamp, R336, troll that he is, is blocked and gone.

by Anonymousreply 339February 8, 2019 5:03 AM

This episode left me feeling nostalgic and sentimental.

It was the first time that the entire Winchester family was reunited as adults, and it was an interesting look at how the family dynamic would have been, if everyone had lived.

It was like Dean's "dream come true," and it was a feel good episode.

I think, though, that it might have played better as a series finale, rather than a celebration of their 300th episode.

by Anonymousreply 340February 8, 2019 10:41 AM

[Quote] 300 episodes is pretty impressive. Not many television shows have had anything even close to that. Sam and Dean Winchester will go down in television history.

I wouldn't say impressive. SPN isn't the first CW show to go for more than 10 seasons. And they all went on for far too long.

by Anonymousreply 341February 8, 2019 1:36 PM

Maybe not the first for 10, but I think the first for 14

by Anonymousreply 342February 8, 2019 1:48 PM

Last night was a really disappointing episode. Especially when the 100th episode (The Point of No Return) and the 200th (Fan Fiction) were so amazing. I agree with the poster upthread about the writers. Jeremy Carver wrote the 100th episode and he's one of the best Supernatural has ever had.

by Anonymousreply 343February 8, 2019 3:04 PM

I thought the episode sucked tragically bad. Nothing even close to what I expected. There's not going to be a 400th so I thought they'd pull out all the stops. But the ratings were definitely up with a 1.61, which is the highest rated episode of this season. Still, when I compared those numbers to the 200th episode it's jarring. The ratings have [italic]definitely[/italic] taken a dive. The 200th episode had over two million viewers and the highest rated episode that season was 2.65. Several episodes hit the two million mark last year and so far none have come anywhere close to that this season.

It really is time for Supes to come to an end. Dragging it out is become too painful for this uber fan.

by Anonymousreply 344February 8, 2019 5:29 PM

is *BECOMING* too painful for this uber fan.

by Anonymousreply 345February 8, 2019 5:30 PM

The way that the storylines have been going this season, I almost think that they're truly setting season 15 up to be the last for Sam and Dean.

Supernatural - the series - may not end, but the the Winchester saga could end.

I honestly think that Alexander Calvert (Jack) might become a lead, with those young kids introduced in the 300th episode, taking over as hunters.

Then Sam, Dean, and Cass will ride off into the sunset. That's my prediction.

by Anonymousreply 346February 8, 2019 5:44 PM

I can't see that happening, R346. Sam and Dean [italic]are[/italic] Supernatural. The idea that the show would continue without one of both of them is unimaginable to me. Perhaps a spinoff or something, but I'm doubtful of even that. Jared and Jensen have made more money than their talent really justifies so I think they should just call it a day.

by Anonymousreply 347February 8, 2019 6:04 PM

Oh please R344

All the CW shows have half the audience they used to.

You fail to put that little detail in.

The delivery of shows and how they are accessed by the audience has and is changing.

I think the haters are confronted by Sam & Dean's masculinity.

It makes them very uneasy.

So used to watching & squealing at stuff like Ru Paul's Drag Race and admiring Drag Queen's in pretty dresses, they become uneasy and unhinged when faced with real men like Jared/Sam & Jensen/Dean.

by Anonymousreply 348February 8, 2019 7:45 PM

Has the Duck Dynasty gang appeared yet?

by Anonymousreply 349February 8, 2019 11:58 PM

[quote]All the CW shows have half the audience they used to.

No, they don't.

[quote]The delivery of shows and how they are accessed by the audience has and is changing.

Really? So in one year those things have changed? Because Supernatural's ratings are significantly down from last year. It never ceases to entertain me how you guys prattle on, trying to deflect by using your word salad when confronted with this kind of thing. "Oh, it's on the CW; every show has low ratings there," or "Oh, there are conventions and it's syndicated so ratings don't matter" blah, blah, blah. I actually consider myself a fan but I'm not functioning under the delusion that Supernatural is a wildly popular, highly rated show. The ratings have steadily declined over the years and it ain't because people access things differently. It's because people quit watching!

[quote]I think the haters are confronted by Sam & Dean's masculinity. It makes them very uneasy. So used to watching & squealing at stuff like Ru Paul's Drag Race and admiring Drag Queen's [sic] in pretty dresses, they become uneasy and unhinged when faced with real men like Jared/Sam & Jensen/Dean.

I think you're batshit crazy and precisely why the fandom has a bad name. You think you're just goofing off on Dataounge but in reality you're obsessed. There's no telling how many times you've posted bizarre, stupid stuff on this thread arguing with people you refer to as 'haters.'

For god's sake, get a life! It's just a stupid tv show.

by Anonymousreply 350February 9, 2019 1:23 AM

My R350 seems rather defensive.

You seem more obsessed with Supernatural's comings and goings than the fans.

I mean, tracking ratings from year to year etc.

I'm sure you have a prepared spreadsheet for all of us.

Haven't you got anything else to do?

by Anonymousreply 351February 9, 2019 1:30 AM

Your typical Supernatural fan

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 352February 9, 2019 4:36 AM

Ratings are down across the board for the CW. That´s fact. Supernatural ratings are getting worse every year. Hopefully it is the end next year.

While they will be known for having one of the longest running shows in tv history, it will be embarrassing that the ratings were pretty much in the cellar the last years it was on. They should have left while they still had some dignity and viewers.

by Anonymousreply 353February 9, 2019 4:41 AM

Fandom is bigger than a same day rating in the U.S.

Rather myopic view of a show's success.

There is a world outside the U.S., you know.

by Anonymousreply 354February 9, 2019 5:13 AM

How the hell can fandom be bigger than the ratings??

What the fuck are they doing if not watching the show? Obviously they did watch at some point. Many people used to watch, the point I’m trying to make is that the show has lost viewers because of the decline in storytelling. The storylines are repetitive and they keep insisting on bringing in characters we don’t give a shit about, looking at you, Lucifer and Jack and those new hunters, Mary, too.

by Anonymousreply 355February 9, 2019 6:58 AM

That definitely sucked. I thought maybe since spn isn't that well liked on DL that people were being overly critical but I just watched it and, yeah, it sucked. It was like emotional porn, Winchester style. From the heavy-handed sappy and overly dramatic music, to Jared's excruciatingly awful acting in the scene between his character and JDM, to the plot bunnies and inconsistencies ..... yeah, it all sucked. Plus, isn't John Winchester supposed to be in hell??? I thought he went to hell to save Dean? Yet they summoned him from 2003? WTF? Sam even told his dad he often thought of him lying on the floor of the hospital (where he made his deal), yet 2003 John hadn't even made that sacrifice yet. And John's being summoned changed heaven, Zachariah and Cas but not Sam and Dean? Oh I forgot. THAT was the temporal paradox. Silly me. I should have known. I should have known that "temporal paradox" means huge gaping plot hole.

I work during the week and can't watch on Thursdays so I always watch it after work on Friday. I should have skipped this episode because it was nowhere near the caliber that the other milestone episodes have been.

I've always loved JDM but he looked REALLY old here and gaunt.

The writing was not what it should have been for this.

Oh, and R354, you're bonkers if you don't think viewers and numbers matter. Only a tiny percentage of fans actually generate money for the network. Just having a bunch of fans worldwide doesn't really mean a damn thing.

by Anonymousreply 356February 9, 2019 7:09 AM

'Just having a bunch of fans worldwide doesn't really mean a damn thing'

Dynasty rang to ask for your quote back.

by Anonymousreply 357February 9, 2019 7:30 AM

r357 that makes no sense! r356 is right. Viewers make networks money. People who watch when a show airs and suffer through the commercials. We talk about having such a big fandom. Where the fuck are they when the show is on? Not in front of their tvs that's for sure. Sure there are cons and stuff but don't lie and say ratings aren't important.

by Anonymousreply 358February 9, 2019 8:07 AM

It's funny how upset the anti Supernatural dataloungers are when you read their angry, ranting posts.

The show powers on and they get even more steamed. LOL!

by Anonymousreply 359February 9, 2019 8:17 AM

[quote] isn't John Winchester supposed to be in hell??? I thought he went to hell to save Dean? Yet they summoned him from 2003? WTF? Sam even told his dad he often thought of him lying on the floor of the hospital (where he made his deal), yet 2003 John hadn't even made that sacrifice yet. And John's being summoned changed heaven, Zachariah and Cas but not Sam and Dean? Oh I forgot. THAT was the temporal paradox.

This whole plot was so confusing to me, as well. Especially because I've watched the entire series over and over again on TNT, so I'm pretty familiar with the timeline.

Is there a specific reason why John had to be summoned from 2005? Or is it just because that's the year the show started?

I want to question that whole part of the episode, but I don't even know where to start, because the premise itself does not make sense to me.

by Anonymousreply 360February 9, 2019 8:32 AM

I didn't think episode 300 sucked.

by Anonymousreply 361February 9, 2019 12:49 PM

Real "men" don't harass servers on social media because they feel slighted and not having received enough attention.

by Anonymousreply 362February 9, 2019 4:10 PM

Oh lord, please move on R362.

That was over five years ago, and Jared has issues with depression.

He's human, and everybody goes off the rails now and then. Nobody's perfect.

by Anonymousreply 363February 9, 2019 5:11 PM

I agree, R361.

I thought that it was a very touching episode.

by Anonymousreply 364February 9, 2019 8:59 PM

Apparently Misha's car ended up in a ditch when he was driving down to Seattle Con (he's fine) so it looks like he may not be coming. He ordered pizzas for everyone this afternoon as an apology. J2 may not make it either because of the state of emergency here. Roads are a mess. I'm in the area but home and hibernating.

by Anonymousreply 365February 9, 2019 10:32 PM

Jared and Jensen just sent a video message apologizing to everyone. Roads are just not safe here as everything is going to ice up tonight. Samantha Smith (Mary) did a message on Twitter she hadn't even made it out of Vancouver. A con goer replied, "we're making our own fun. Weed's legal here." Fans are just getting baked. The few actors (mostly lesser known cast) who actually made it are just hanging out with the fans.

Just wondering if Creation is going to give partial refunds, especially for the people who shelled out almost $1000 for gold packages to meet J2.

by Anonymousreply 366February 9, 2019 11:05 PM

That episode was pretty bad considering it was the 300th. I went to a viewing party and no one there liked it. A couple thought it was ok but nobody was impressed. Everyone was pointing out the same thing someone up thread did about John being transported from 2003 and not hell. Sam even referenced his dad's sacrifice in a convo w his dad but a 2003 John wouldn't know anything about that sacrifice.

A few of us thought the Pearl giving Dean his heart's desire would make a good wincest story but that's not much of a consolation when you're expecting an episode as good as 200 was.

Agree that it should end next year. Nobody is hardly watching now and I don't want to it to have to limp out with ratings totally in the can.

by Anonymousreply 367February 10, 2019 12:08 AM

Jared is a big stah, baby! And if being a big stah means having to bully a lowly service worker then that is his prerogative.

by Anonymousreply 368February 10, 2019 12:44 AM

R367 It's a mystery how they get renewed year after year. Did J2 make some deal with demons?

by Anonymousreply 369February 10, 2019 12:54 AM

It gets renewed because it makes a profit. I know a lot Dataloungers don't like that uncomfortable fact. You think they make a show to lose money? The sooner you all accept Supernatural is a profitable world wide hit, you may rest a little easier.

by Anonymousreply 370February 10, 2019 1:10 AM

[quote]Just wondering if Creation is going to give partial refunds, especially for the people who shelled out almost $1000 for gold packages to meet J2.

Three friends of mine are actually in Seattle at the Westin right now. They got there yesterday and I was supposed to go to but I suffer from basilar migraines and got one and couldn't fly. Because of the weather, my package will be completely refunded because I never checked in and had a gold package with premium front row seating that cost $1,700. My friends only paid $1,075 because they didn't care about the front row but only a portion of their money will be refunded because they already checked in! Lots of people are complaining about it so they may end up changing this. The thing to do seems to just reschedule the Seattle con but the word there is that Creation don't want to because they would have to pay all the actors again because they got to keep the appearance money from today even thought they didn't show up. My friends say that the reps are calling it Force Major and nobody understands. There are lots of pissed off people there. The hotels are not refunding 100% either.

by Anonymousreply 371February 10, 2019 1:47 AM

[quote] A few of us thought the Pearl giving Dean his heart's desire would make a good wincest story

Wait, what?

I'm a huge Wincester, and even I don't understand what you mean by this. Could you explain?

by Anonymousreply 372February 10, 2019 1:52 AM

[quote]Supernatural is a profitable world wide hit

LMFAO 370, what are you, 12? Do your mommy and daddy know that you're still up and on the computer? At this point it probably breaks even and the CW keeps it on as their token "successful" series, just to say that they have a long running show.

JFC Rose @372, he means that in Wincest parlance Dean would have held the pearl and it would have recognized that Dean's heart's desire was SAM so Sam would have been affected by the peal and started sucking his brother's dick. Reading all that Wincest and watching this dumb show has obviously impacted your ability to think.

by Anonymousreply 373February 10, 2019 2:00 AM

***faints at R373's post***

by Anonymousreply 374February 10, 2019 2:02 AM

R373 is delusional.

The show is on air because it makes money. No other reason.

Then again, I could hear the desperation in the language you used R373.

Struggling for a reason to dispute its longevity.

by Anonymousreply 375February 10, 2019 2:14 AM

R371, You paid 1700 to go to a Supernatural Convention???? Goddam wasting $1700 on something so stupid would give me a migraine too. That's just plain insanity.

by Anonymousreply 376February 10, 2019 2:14 AM

I'm going to buy up big when I visit Jensen's brewery.

Maybe $2000 worth of liquor to take home.

I wonder if he has beer named up himself on sale there. A Jug Of Jensen!

If so, I am going to lay down some big dollars for that!

by Anonymousreply 377February 10, 2019 6:18 AM

I'm out of the country for work and haven't been able to watch the episode yet. I guess I could find it online but I like watching from the comfort of my own home.

I'm disheartened to hear that the episode is not up to par. I've been looking forward to it all season. R371 I cannot believe tickets to those conventions are that expensive! I knew cons were spendy but Jesus. For that kind of money I'd expect Cindy Sampson and Kim Rhodes to sleep with me. (Yeah, I'm a lesbian so shoot me.)

I personally think R373 is right about the show breaking even, if it even does that these days. I think the CW sees Supernatural as its trophy show, the one that has lasted the longest and had the most success, and they're hesitant to pull the plug. Once they do they'll no longer have one of the longest running shows in tv history. They really should though. This season has been weak IMHO and if the 300th was questionable that's the final nail in its coffin for me.

Why is it that I've blocked R375 who is also, among many others, R377 a million times but he keeps showing up every time I read this thread? I'll never understand what joy it brings someone to say ridiculous things on an anonymous board. They're nothing but little keyboard warriors, as a friend of mine calls them.

by Anonymousreply 378February 10, 2019 9:42 AM

"and they're hesitant to pull the plug. Once they do they'll no longer have one of the longest running shows in tv history"

LOL. CW is a business, not a sentimental charity.

You just cant accept the show is super successful and it keeps on keeping on.

Accept the truth and it will set you free.

by Anonymousreply 379February 10, 2019 11:52 AM

Jared is only truly happy when he is roughing up the wait staff.

by Anonymousreply 380February 10, 2019 12:21 PM

[Quote] The thing to do seems to just reschedule the Seattle con but the word there is that Creation don't want to because they would have to pay all the actors again because they got to keep the appearance money from today even thought they didn't show up.

I don't understand Creation's appeal at all. I've heard nothing but bad stories about them.

[Quote] I wonder if he has beer named up himself on sale there. A Jug Of Jensen!

[Quote] I cannot believe tickets to those conventions are that expensive! I knew cons were spendy but Jesus. For that kind of money I'd expect Cindy Sampson and Kim Rhodes to sleep with me. (Yeah, I'm a lesbian so shoot me.)

LOL

by Anonymousreply 381February 10, 2019 1:32 PM

Of course the show makes money. There's the commercial money, the syndication money, foreign broadcast money, netflix money, merchandise money, and the convention money from idiots who pay $1,700 to see actors they can see for free every week. The show is a goldmine. It'll never go off the air.

by Anonymousreply 382February 10, 2019 3:34 PM

R373 has no clue what the fuck he's talking about and is obviously just making shit up.

by Anonymousreply 383February 10, 2019 4:25 PM

"Jared is only truly happy when he is roughing up the wait staff."

That sounds like the beginning of an awesome gay porn. Like prison bitch, but with wait staff. 10/10 would watch.

by Anonymousreply 384February 10, 2019 9:29 PM

[quote] Jared is only truly happy when he is roughing up the wait staff.

Don't be mean to my Sammy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 385February 10, 2019 11:21 PM

I never realized that there was such a thing as a "Sam face."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 386February 10, 2019 11:22 PM

Post some pics of Jared with a grin right after he has doxxed a local waitress.

by Anonymousreply 387February 11, 2019 12:25 AM

Most if not all of today's posts are from the same person. What do you do? Set an alarm to remind you to answer yourself?

I'll never understand what joy people get out of this kind of thing. Life is too short. Get out and do something constructive.

by Anonymousreply 388February 11, 2019 1:35 AM

I can't remember if it was on tis thread or one of the others but someone was complaining about there not being any interest in spn anymore on another board he posted on. He was bitching that back in the day there were hundreds of comments but none now. That poster said he would even post nonsense things to rile people up but still couldn't troll people into posting. That person is just doing the same thing here and posting stupid stuff and photos to get people to post. There are probably only a super small number of people posting here regularly. The rest of the posts are that person and people coming in to snark on the show. Just ignore and move on. Blocking them doesn't seem to work.

by Anonymousreply 389February 11, 2019 1:46 AM

R288, no, there's at least two, probably three, of us. Maybe even four, if you want to get all crazy about it.

by Anonymousreply 390February 11, 2019 2:00 AM

I've blocked R390 more times than I can remember, but in typical Supernatural fashion he always finds a way to come back from the dead.

Just ignore the freaks and move on.

by Anonymousreply 391February 11, 2019 2:10 AM

It's funny how the people accusing pro SPN people of being multiple posters are indeed multiple posters themselves.

Their anti Jensen/Jared whine is quite obvious.

They certainly swear a lot in their multiple postings.

Nasty people.

by Anonymousreply 392February 11, 2019 3:33 AM

[quote] Post some pics of Jared with a grin right after he has doxxed a local waitress

Here you go.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 393February 11, 2019 5:29 AM

I guess like they same upthread, your alarm went off R392 R393. You are so tiresome and why us fans get talked about so bad.

by Anonymousreply 394February 11, 2019 3:27 PM

I thought SN fans got talked about so badly because they support a right wing troll and a looney who gets his rocks off on tormenting servers.

by Anonymousreply 395February 11, 2019 5:40 PM

R391, you've definitely got me confused with someone else.

by Anonymousreply 396February 11, 2019 7:33 PM

The anti-SPN trolls on this thread are becoming unhinged, and making false accusations left and right.

They are completely bizarre.

by Anonymousreply 397February 11, 2019 8:09 PM

Success breeds contempt-especially on Datalounge,

by Anonymousreply 398February 11, 2019 11:41 PM

What doesn't breed contempt on DL?

by Anonymousreply 399February 12, 2019 12:03 AM

I think the anti-SPN trolls get up each morning and do a mirror, mirror on the wall, who is the fairest of them all?

When the word comes back -JENSEN- they lose their minds and head straight here.

by Anonymousreply 400February 12, 2019 2:21 AM

i want to ride jensen's cock, while i suck off jared.

is that too much to ask?

by Anonymousreply 401February 12, 2019 2:39 AM

why are you people so mean to jared?

its like being mean to a puppy.

i think hes lovely.

by Anonymousreply 402February 12, 2019 2:41 AM

[quote]I can't remember if it was on tis thread or one of the others but someone was complaining about there not being any interest in spn anymore on another board he posted on. He was bitching that back in the day there were hundreds of comments but none now. That poster said he would even post nonsense things to rile people up but still couldn't troll people into posting. That person is just doing the same thing here and posting stupid stuff and photos to get people to post. There are probably only a super small number of people posting here regularly. The rest of the posts are that person and people coming in to snark on the show. Just ignore and move on. Blocking them doesn't seem to work.

You're right r389. I remember that comment and thought that that's what was going on here. I love talking about the show but with all these gibberish posts it's no use. Sometimes I just really really hate people!

by Anonymousreply 403February 12, 2019 3:05 AM

Like another guy said, I block the same posters over and over and it never works!

by Anonymousreply 404February 12, 2019 3:06 AM

That's because the pro SPN people are many.

As much as the anti SPN crowd would like to believe it's just two people posting over, obviously it's not.

You blocked one but the other 100 are still ready at the keyboard.

by Anonymousreply 405February 12, 2019 4:26 AM

LOL, R389, that’s me. I was talking about the TVLine pages. I only post occasionally here.

The comments on TVL have gotten rarer and rarer. People just don’t seem to care. There were about three articles about the 300th episode and it garnered maybe 20 comments total.

People disliked the 300th for many reasons.

The fact that Jensen might really leave the show is even worse and will cause even more people to tune out.

I also agree that the absolutely bat-shit crazy people who pay those exorbitant prices are sad.

by Anonymousreply 406February 12, 2019 5:14 AM

It's all relative, but you could argue one is batshit crazy for paying $18 to join an internet board for the privilege of starting a thread.

Those that pay $1700 for a Con pay get their money's worth if it holds a great meaning for them.

Sure, you and I think it a huge waste of money, but for them it's nirvana. Whatever floats your boat.

by Anonymousreply 407February 12, 2019 6:54 AM

[Quote] no, there's at least two, probably three, of us. Maybe even four, if you want to get all crazy about it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 408February 12, 2019 12:44 PM

I'm surprised that in all of these threads, no one has mentioned Sam's batshit crazy fangurl Becky.

I love her... she's freakin' hilarious. What ever happened to her, anyway? She was one of my favorite characters.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 409February 12, 2019 1:35 PM

R409 didn't she try to rape Sam?? And i remember a lot of shippers/tumblr fans getting offended because they thought Becky was the writers way of making fun of the fandom.

by Anonymousreply 410February 12, 2019 1:58 PM

Only on datalounge would gay men argue viciously about this shitty little show.

by Anonymousreply 411February 12, 2019 2:14 PM

R411 are you new here?? Did you miss all of the Janet vs Madonna threads?

by Anonymousreply 412February 12, 2019 2:30 PM

Forgive the repetition, but what don't we argue viciously about?

by Anonymousreply 413February 12, 2019 6:23 PM

Lol no, R410.

She drugged and kidnapped Sam because she wanted to show him off at her high school reunion as her "husband."

Becky made a deal with a demon for a love potion, which would make Sam fall in love with her. In return, she would lose her soul.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 414February 12, 2019 6:49 PM

PS, the Becky character is so good, because it illustrates that Supernatural knows its fans VERY well.

She is the perfect personification of the crazed SPN fan, for better or for worse.

I can understand why fans would think that her character was making fun of them, but it's pretty much 100% spot-on and true-to-life.

by Anonymousreply 415February 12, 2019 6:52 PM

Did the episode end with Sam doxing Becky cause that would have been both hilarious and very true to life.

by Anonymousreply 416February 12, 2019 7:54 PM

I finally got a chance to watch Lebanon. I may or may not have cried like a little bitch. Something about JDM just hit me right in the feels, since I lost my own dad in 2003. Him telling Sam and Dean how proud he was had me sobbing, as it was one of the last things my own dad said to me.

Also thoroughly enjoyed watching Castiel in true form, kicking the ever living fuck out of the boys like it was nothing.

I can understand some of the criticisms based on past landmark episodes, but honestly, I thought it was well done.

by Anonymousreply 417February 12, 2019 8:50 PM

Exactly, R417. I felt the same way about the episode.

I guess we were all expecting some mind-blowing epic 300th episode full of fireworks and fury.

However, there really was a very subdued and emotional quality to this episode, that I think was very nice - and somewhat unexpected for Supernatural.

by Anonymousreply 418February 12, 2019 9:10 PM

I've noticed three things that the anti-SPN troll tends to drone on about (ad nauseum), with laser-like focus:

1) Jared's encounter with a RUDE Minneapolis waitress, which happened like 100 years ago,

2) Jensen's political leanings, and

3) There is no worse show on television than Supernatural (which is an absolutely LUDICROUS statement).

Just so the real SPN fans know who to block, from now on.

by Anonymousreply 419February 12, 2019 10:45 PM

I think it silly to block people.

If people are that thin skinned then datalounge is not the place for them.

Both sides have to be rather weak of character to not have the fortitude to deal with some annoying posts here and there.

by Anonymousreply 420February 13, 2019 12:42 AM

Its not so annoying as it is lame. The same thing over and over. Its not even witty DL-worthy troll posting. Its like we're being trolled by Justin Bieber lame.

by Anonymousreply 421February 13, 2019 2:26 AM

Jared has had several documented incidents where he has gone after people who he perceived as having slighted him.

Then there is the whole Philip Seymour Hoffman debacle.

by Anonymousreply 422February 13, 2019 2:58 AM

[Quote] She drugged and kidnapped Sam because she wanted to show him off at her high school reunion as her "husband." Becky made a deal with a demon for a love potion, which would make Sam fall in love with her.

That's fucked up.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 423February 13, 2019 12:48 PM

Padalecki is always just basically a half step ahead of being carted off to the looney bin.

by Anonymousreply 424February 13, 2019 1:18 PM

For you, R424....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 425February 13, 2019 6:44 PM

Many fans are tickled that J2 are being featured in ads for an upcoming Seattle marathon. The company behind the race has pictures of J2 when they ran a marathon last year - they ran side-by-side the whole race, with JP grabbing JA's hand as they crossed the finish line together. The ad says this race is the perfect Valentine event for couples to do something special together - they even added little hearts with the J2 photos. It is cute that they're using the guys to push this run... there's no better couple whether you see them as friends or more.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 426February 13, 2019 7:20 PM

I'm not that deep into the various ships who likes/hates the wives, etc., and I find all that inter-fandom fighting very silly, but I read that the situation at R426 has set off the people who follow the wives social media stuff. The wife stans are salty because they hate to see J2 portrayed as a couple and they are flooding Twitter, etc. with statements to highlight how in love the Js are with their wives. Really? This side of the fandom just puzzles me - people who put so much energy into the lives of some actors. Who gives a shit. Gay, straight, Republican, beard(?) wives, raging waitress abuser... I just watch the show.

by Anonymousreply 427February 13, 2019 7:45 PM

Let's be clear.

NO ONE ships Sam and Dean Winchester, more than the writers of Supernatural. It's a fact.

They have been teasing this since the early seasons of the show, and made huge fun of it in the 200th episode.

So don't blame the fans.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 428February 13, 2019 7:54 PM

You cannot understand how much I love the GIF at R428 - the look on JA's face slays me. It's so possessive and sexy.

by Anonymousreply 429February 13, 2019 8:24 PM

What episode is it from, R429?

by Anonymousreply 430February 13, 2019 9:12 PM

It's from the gag reel from the episode where Dean returns from Purgatory - season 8, I think.

by Anonymousreply 431February 13, 2019 9:19 PM

Jensen should be due for People's Sexiest Man Alive by now?

Perhaps he has told them he does not wish to be objectified on the many occasions they have probably asked him..

by Anonymousreply 432February 14, 2019 6:06 AM

[Quote] NO ONE ships Sam and Dean Winchester, more than the writers of Supernatural. It's a fact.

No, it's not a fact.

by Anonymousreply 433February 14, 2019 1:26 PM

Very true, R432.

Jensen should most definitely have been sexiest man of the year by now.

by Anonymousreply 434February 14, 2019 6:19 PM

I can't believe that Supernatural won't return until March. WTF???

It just came back from a long break!

by Anonymousreply 435February 14, 2019 8:40 PM

I fucking loved this album! Smooth and Maria Maria defined the 90s and early 2000s for me. Didn't he do a song with Sheila E. shortly afterward?

by Anonymousreply 436February 14, 2019 9:51 PM

Fuck me twice, this thread is about the Supernatural tv show???? LMFAO, I thought it was about the Santana Album. I definitely do not watch the television show, that's for sure.

I suppose I should feel embarrassed but at least I'm not watching a bad WB show.

by Anonymousreply 437February 14, 2019 9:54 PM

You think Samstiel will ever be a thing?

by Anonymousreply 438February 14, 2019 11:55 PM

[quote]Jensen should be due for People's Sexiest Man Alive by now? Perhaps he has told them he does not wish to be objectified on the many occasions they have probably asked him.

The idea that you Supernatural fucktards really believe that anyone actually knows who Jensen Ackles is makes me laugh.

by Anonymousreply 439February 15, 2019 1:26 AM

I don't think so, R438.

Sam and Cass don't have the same chemistry that Dean and Cass do. In the early seasons when Castiel first made his appearance, he really seemed to be in love with Dean. Not so much with Sam.

by Anonymousreply 440February 15, 2019 2:12 AM

You know, I hate Jared's "I'm a star" tantrum crap, but then he does something that just makes me say awwwwww.....

I have 2 other "secret" Supernatural fans ( are lesbians) followers on Twitter. One of them liked a tweet, so I saw it. This young woman had linked a note for Jared about her own depression battles and that his openly discussing it had saved her life. He had responded to her (super positive message). She met at a con, was going to get a pic (they had met previously at other con and he remembered her note too). He asked if she wanted a pose; she told him to pick. She posted the picture - he had her face in his hands, looking straight at her, with the sweetest smile. Right before the shot, he said "I'm so happy to have you in my life." The smile of utter kindness and understanding on his face and the look on her face actually made me a bit teary. It was incredibly sweet . I think they understand their fans pretty well.

by Anonymousreply 441February 15, 2019 4:40 AM

You know, I hate Jared's "I'm a star" tantrum crap, but then he does something that just makes me say awwwwww.....

I have 2 other "secret" Supernatural fans ( are lesbians) followers on Twitter. One of them liked a tweet, so I saw it. This young woman had linked a note for Jared about her own depression battles and that his openly discussing it had saved her life. He had responded to her (super positive message). She met at a con, was going to get a pic (they had met previously at other con and he remembered her note too). He asked if she wanted a pose; she told him to pick. She posted the picture - he had her face in his hands, looking straight at her, with the sweetest smile. Right before the shot, he said "I'm so happy to have you in my life." The smile of utter kindness and understanding on his face and the look on her face actually made me a bit teary. It was incredibly sweet . I think they understand their fans pretty well.

by Anonymousreply 442February 15, 2019 4:40 AM

Sweet story R441

by Anonymousreply 443February 15, 2019 5:03 AM

Then later he found out she waited tables at Chilis so he ghosted her.

by Anonymousreply 444February 15, 2019 4:07 PM

LMAO^

by Anonymousreply 445February 15, 2019 4:11 PM

[Quote] Jensen should most definitely have been sexiest man of the year by now.

Then he has to pay for it, like every other actor.

[Quote] I suppose I should feel embarrassed but at least I'm not watching a bad WB show.

Sadly CW shows are actually worse than WB shows.

[Quote] You think Samstiel will ever be a thing?

Don't you mean Sastiel??

[Quote] Sam and Cass don't have the same chemistry that Dean and Cass do. In the early seasons when Castiel first made his appearance, he really seemed to be in love with Dean. Not so much with Sam.

Jesus.....😐

by Anonymousreply 446February 15, 2019 5:15 PM

This is always one of my favorite Wincest scenes lol.

The kid's acting is spot on!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 447February 15, 2019 5:26 PM

[quote] You think Samstiel will ever be a thing?

[quote] Don't you mean Sastiel??

You obviously didn't watch the 200th episode, R446.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 448February 15, 2019 5:35 PM

R448 You're right. I didn't.

by Anonymousreply 449February 15, 2019 5:47 PM

I live in W Lake Hills in Austin and I see this guy all over the place. I don't watch his show but I've seen it on in the mornings before. He looks nothing like the photos on this thread. He's a good looking guy still but I'd put him at late to very late 40s. The quality of his skin isn't good and his face looks deflated to me. I saw him about a month ago in the supermarket. I see Matthew McConaughey and Sandra Bullock some too but not as much as this guy. Sandra looks better in person I think. Matthew McConaughey looks pretty rough.

by Anonymousreply 450February 15, 2019 5:50 PM

Others living in Austin report seeing him out and about too.

by Anonymousreply 451February 15, 2019 6:05 PM

Question for (real) SPN fans.

Do you think that Sam had MAJOR chemistry with Sarah from the Provenance episode?

She was the daughter of an art dealer who sold a haunted painting.

That girl was absolutely gorgeous, and she and Sam seemed perfect for each other. They were so much better than Sam and Amelia.

What do you think?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 452February 15, 2019 6:48 PM

[quote]Do you think that Sam had MAJOR chemistry with Sarah from the Provenance episode?

No, there was absolutely no chemistry between them and the pairing didn't seem believable. She seemed out of his league, frankly. Plus, I could never see what she would have purportedly seen in him. Yes, his character is supposed to be cute but she was beautiful, very well educated and wealthy.

by Anonymousreply 453February 15, 2019 6:57 PM

You forget R450 that the typical Datalounger places anyone over 25 looking like they have hit close to 50.

by Anonymousreply 454February 15, 2019 8:31 PM

Don't know that I'm the typical DLer, R454. I only post once in a very blue moon but I get your point. I guess. But the Supernatural guy does look older than just 40. Sorry but I've even heard people who recognize him say the same thing. People with light skin and eyes don't age very well and he looks like he's spent his life in the sun to me. I'm not saying he isn't attractive. He just looks a lot older than 40.

by Anonymousreply 455February 15, 2019 9:00 PM

Recently, he trained and ran a marathon and lost weight. As we all know, it shows on the face quite a lot when you hit 40. Perish the thought, but pleasantly plump would do wonders for his face.

by Anonymousreply 456February 15, 2019 11:37 PM

Who cares R456? The only thing this dude is ever gonna be is the guy with the fake voice from Supernatural. He's about as d list and unknown as possible. Who cares if he looks older than his real years?????

This show is so dumb and so badly executed.

by Anonymousreply 457February 16, 2019 4:23 AM

This show still on? Oh my lord. It’s the fraus I tell ya. Btw are you guys talking about Ackles looking old?

by Anonymousreply 458February 16, 2019 4:27 AM

Yes, you hate the show. We get it. Why you're obsessed with something you claim to hate is beyond me. Bet you secretly jack off to them.

by Anonymousreply 459February 16, 2019 6:06 AM

It's all just plain jealousy at Ackles success.

They are so consumed and bitter about it that they lash out at his fans.

They're quite unhinged. You read their ranting posts and almost feel like they need a sedative or something,

by Anonymousreply 460February 16, 2019 6:10 AM

This was a recent photo at the 300th episode party, both J's look great.

Jensen actually looks FAN-tastic.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 461February 16, 2019 8:33 AM

Jared's wife looks gorgeous here. And I've never cared for her looks.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 462February 16, 2019 8:34 AM

The Winchesters.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 463February 16, 2019 8:35 AM

You cannot tell me that Jensen is unattractive or that he's not well known.

He looks unbelievable at 40 years old, and he's on the cover of Entertainment magazine (this year, by the way).

But keep on hating, haters.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 464February 16, 2019 8:37 AM

So what is the storyline this year?

I haven't watched in years.

What are the Wincest boys up to nowadays?

by Anonymousreply 465February 16, 2019 9:12 AM

Last episodes Sam hugged Dean and said "I wish I knew how to quit you"-I think.

Castiel looked on in a jealous rage and will likely take it out on Jack with a hate fuck.

Daddy Wincest returned and told off Dean for voting Republican,slapped Sam for being mean to waitresses and then the whole scene turned into a Family Dick video.

by Anonymousreply 466February 16, 2019 2:14 PM

[Quote] You cannot tell me that Jensen is unattractive or that he's not well known.

Lol i'd put him at c-list.

by Anonymousreply 467February 16, 2019 3:48 PM

I love that picture at R463!

It's cute how John and Dean are both in fighting poses, and Sam and Mary are just sitting there smiling.

[quote] What are the Wincest boys up to nowadays?

In the episode before the 300th, titled "Prophet and Loss," there was a very intense scene near the end of the episode where Sam got very upset with Dean (for wanting to leave him), and Sam punched Dean in the face. Then they struggled a bit, before ending up in tears and a VERY deep embrace.

Does that answer your question? lol

If you just want to to jump to "the scene," it starts at about the 38 minute mark. You'll probably have to watch a couple of commercials first, though.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 468February 16, 2019 7:39 PM

[quote] there was a very intense scene near the end of the episode where Sam got very upset with Dean (for wanting to leave him), and Sam punched Dean in the face. Then they struggled a bit, before ending up in tears and a VERY deep embrace.

Haha my favorite line from that scene was when Sam said, "I believe in us, Dean. Why don't you believe in us too?"

Oh, my! That must have sent the shippers' panties all aflutter!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 469February 16, 2019 7:45 PM

That was a very nice brother moment for sure.

I thought Sam and Sarah were a beautiful couple. Sam is a graduate of Stanford, don’t know why you would say he was out of her league.

by Anonymousreply 470February 17, 2019 3:56 AM

LOL this is absolutely the shitiest show on television today.

Nobody knows or care who these shitty actors are.

by Anonymousreply 471February 17, 2019 8:50 AM

[quote] this is absolutely the shitiest show on television today. Nobody knows or care who these shitty actors are.

You need to improve your English skills, Boris.

And your spelling, too.

by Anonymousreply 472February 17, 2019 9:11 AM

LOL My spelling or lack thereof doesn't make this shitty show any better.

by Anonymousreply 473February 17, 2019 9:22 AM

I just caught Jared in the 2009 remake of Friday the 13th, and he looked SMOKING hot!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 474February 18, 2019 7:27 PM

the 300th episode was a bore. they brought Jeffery Dean Morgan back because of some magic pearl and he was John Winchester from 2003?? kinda lame.

by Anonymousreply 475February 18, 2019 7:53 PM

Something funny happened -- Jared posted a picture on his Twitter from his bedroom and fans spotted a dildo, some pills and syringes in the background. That photo was removed shortly after, but enough people saw it beforehand to spread the news across social media.

People are speculating that his wife posted the pic by accident while logged into Jared's account. Now the sleuths are wondering what the pills are and who is injecting... something. So far the guess is that Jared or wife may be using some kind of muscle building stuff because they've gotten into running marathons recently.

by Anonymousreply 476February 20, 2019 5:57 AM

Here's the removed photo.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 477February 20, 2019 6:07 AM

Well, we know the dildo is for Jared & Jensen's exclusive use.

The rest? Who cares.

by Anonymousreply 478February 20, 2019 7:07 AM

Oh please, R476.

As. If.

Like Jared would ever post that ridiculous picture at R477 on any social media account - by "accident." On that hideous couch-thingie. With a random dildo, pills, and syringes in full view.

Give me a break.

by Anonymousreply 479February 20, 2019 2:09 PM

this is the straight womens thread they were talking about isn't it.....surely to god these are not gay men on here saying how 'cute' this shit is.....R464 you do know that EW puts out about a thousand different covers every issue, right? its not like actor dean was on the cover of mens vogue or something....and 98% of the population has no idea who that actor is......YOU may be weirdly obsessed but the rest of the world is oblivious....people obsessed by this show have some kind of unfilled need for unconditional love....we talked about it in one of my psych-media classes.....

by Anonymousreply 480February 20, 2019 4:07 PM

You're really over-thinking it, R480.

Maybe it's just that we like the show.

I find it amusing, I absolutely love the characters, and strangely, it almost has a soap opera feel to it - especially with the dramatic monologues.

SPN is a nice mix of sci-fi, horror, and soap opera. So it's no surprise that people are drawn to it. I'm not saying that countless tens of millions love the show, but it does have a good following. Certainly on par with shows like Y&R, DOOL, etc.

by Anonymousreply 481February 20, 2019 6:41 PM

Jensen still looks almost the same as he did when the show first started back in 2005. His looks have hardly changed.

In this way, he reminds me a lot of Justin Hartley from "This is us." They're sort of ageless. Jensen was born in 1978 and Justin in 1977, but both can still pass for late 20's or early 30's.

Good genes, I guess.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 482February 20, 2019 7:01 PM

Jensen looks about 31.

Most would agree with that.

by Anonymousreply 483February 20, 2019 8:09 PM

Jensen looks no older than 32.

by Anonymousreply 484February 21, 2019 1:19 AM

Ackles could easily pass for late 20s.

by Anonymousreply 485February 21, 2019 1:20 AM

I agree, R483.

by Anonymousreply 486February 21, 2019 1:21 AM

I saw the picture when he posted it but I honestly can’t say that I noticed the bottom part of it.

Could it be photoshopped?

Jared was talking about doing laundry!

Is that really a dildo? ☺️😳

by Anonymousreply 487February 21, 2019 5:40 AM

R474 i don't understand all of the hate that movie gets. As far as reboots go, it wasn't that bad. Although the tunnel shit still makes me laugh.

by Anonymousreply 488February 21, 2019 11:24 AM

I think it's because Friday the 13th fans are "purists," like Halloween fans. They don't like it when you tamper with the original movie.

However, I agree with you that it was really good. They changed the story a bit, and I liked it.

by Anonymousreply 489February 21, 2019 10:36 PM

This thread is Frau Central Station.

by Anonymousreply 490February 21, 2019 11:22 PM

And a whole lotta elderly uncle bottoms running around too.

by Anonymousreply 491February 21, 2019 11:23 PM

The Supernatural fans are by and large pretty harmless. Sure, you will get the odd crazy fan but even they still are pretty harmless in the long run.

This thread demonstrates that the pro SPN people are pretty civil by and large The worst you could say were some were annoying.

The ones you would be wary of are the anti SPN posters.

Their posts are filled with such spite and expletive language.

There's a deep bitterness and rage to them.

It's like you feel they would physically attack you at the slightest provocation.

They are quite an unhinged bunch.

by Anonymousreply 492February 22, 2019 4:24 AM

100% correct, R492. The anti-SPN loons are quite scary.

by Anonymousreply 493February 22, 2019 10:16 AM

[Quote] The Supernatural fans are by and large pretty harmless.

Lol i've heard too many con stories to agree with that statement.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 494February 22, 2019 11:52 AM

There's an aggressiveness behind all the anti Supernatural posts which I don't find from those in support.

by Anonymousreply 495February 22, 2019 1:17 PM

Damn, Jensen's wife looks like she needs to be on Botched. Why in the fuck would she post a photo of her with those lips? She looks like a duck AND she's even got feathers.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 496February 22, 2019 4:37 PM

This has got to be the 200th time I've blocked R492. Why do I keep seeing his posts????

by Anonymousreply 497February 22, 2019 4:38 PM

[quote]people obsessed by this show have some kind of unfilled need for unconditional love....we talked about it in one of my psych-media classes.....

This makes a lot of sense. I can easily see people like that gravitating to this show.

R492, do you want to know what is REALLY unhinged? Well I will tell you. It's the insane notion that R482 and R483 seem to have about Jensen Ackles looking like he's in his 20s or 30s! That's such a Supernatural Frau thing to say. "Jensen's like fine wine, he never ages, yada yada yada." I actually enjoy watching this show every once in a while but I'd never say that Ackles looks younger than his years. To me he looks 5 years older, easily.

by Anonymousreply 498February 22, 2019 4:51 PM

I just caught an old episode from season 2, with Linda Blair playing a cop.

She's a pretty good actress. I wonder why she doesn't get more roles? I'm surprised that Supernatural is all she's done, in terms of acting.

by Anonymousreply 499February 22, 2019 5:13 PM

R499 that was 13 yrs ago. Linda Blair is 60 now and looks every single second of it. And I would disagree with you about her being a "good" actress.

by Anonymousreply 500February 22, 2019 5:21 PM

I don't know that I would value your judgement in terms of who is a good actor/actress and who is not. You're on a spn thread yammering on about how Jensen Ackles deserves an Emmy and looks 20. That doesn't bode well for your judgment, R499.

by Anonymousreply 501February 22, 2019 5:26 PM

They both look a good 30s. Maybe if they let themselves go they'd look more 40s. They're actors that take enough good care of their looks, but otherwise may have not cared so much.

by Anonymousreply 502February 22, 2019 6:14 PM

You're bonkers r502. JA doesn't look like he's still in his 30's! I dunno, maybe JP could pass for still 30's but he isn't as good looking as he used to be. Without all the fancy lights, filters and makeup THIS is what JA looks like. I used to watch spn religiously. Then it got to where it sucked and got stupid.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 503February 22, 2019 9:54 PM

Does anyone think the show would have been nearly as successful or enjoyed as much longevity as it has if they had used Madonna's Like A Prayer cast-off track "Supernatural" as an opening credits theme song?

"That supe, supernatural thang..."

by Anonymousreply 504February 22, 2019 11:02 PM

I saw that pic on his Instagram feed r 503. He looks bad there. I knew he lost some weight training for the bad idea tour thing he did but the weight loss aside he really isn't aging too good. I've loved him since he wsa on DOOL but no way he looks 20 or 30 now. He is still a handsome man to me but he looks like he is in his mid 40s at least.

Y'all just because someone doesn't agree with you that Jensen looks like a dewy 12 year old and is a better actor than anyone out there doesn't mean they're a 'hater' or 'anti-supernatural." Jesus.

I really HATED the 300th episode. I am still so damn disappointed. I expected so much more than that clown show.

by Anonymousreply 505February 23, 2019 1:27 AM

I still don't understand why anyone would block anyone on Datalounge.

Are some people THAT fragile in nature?

Will they go to pieces at any moment if poster X writes something?

It's kind of pathetic and weak of character.

The anti SPN people seem very delicate despite their bitterness and lashing out.

To me Jensen looks a beautiful 35.

by Anonymousreply 506February 23, 2019 1:35 AM

I guess that's your choice but some people don't want to be bothered. I block assholes all the time. And if you really do think Jensen looks 35, then, well, bless your heart, r506. Bless your heart.

by Anonymousreply 507February 23, 2019 1:40 AM

Damn the wife looks like SHITE in that gram post. WTF is going on with that winged liner, feathers and MASSIVE duck lips?

That shit looks busted AF.

by Anonymousreply 508February 23, 2019 3:36 AM

I block bigots and trolls, no sweat here, and I think Jensen looks fine in R503.

by Anonymousreply 509February 23, 2019 4:06 AM

She has horrible fashion sense for sure but that is an odd picture anyway.

She’s pursing her lips and doing some sort of old-timey pose with those antique opera glasses.

by Anonymousreply 510February 23, 2019 4:15 AM

No one with normal eyesight would ever claim that he looked "fine" R509. What is that? Your 400th post on this thread?

by Anonymousreply 511February 23, 2019 8:25 AM

R496 what are you talking about?? She looks fine. Her lips look the same as when she was on OTH.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 512February 23, 2019 1:51 PM

R511, how many is that for you?

by Anonymousreply 513February 23, 2019 2:12 PM

[quote] maybe JP could pass for still 30's but he isn't as good looking as he used to be

Um, Jared could pass for being in his 30's because he IS in his 30's. He's only 35 years old, believe it or not.

He started doing Supernatural when he was only 22 years old!

Damn, to be that young and have a hit show for 14 years. That's pretty amazing. He can retire after this, and still be in his 30's.

Now THAT is a good acting career.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 514February 23, 2019 4:05 PM

Jared is such a beautiful man.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 515February 23, 2019 4:06 PM

Whaddaya know....I finally found a thread on this site that actually makes me feel good about myself! Sure, I may be alone and online on a Saturday night, but at least I'm not alone and online trying to convince people that this craptastic show with its even more craptastic actors is good tv.

by Anonymousreply 516February 24, 2019 2:02 AM

Supernatural is such an anomaly to me. I've taught film and media studies for ten years and I've never seen a show quite like it. It performs poorly in the ratings yet hundreds of thousands of people flock to the conventions and spend huge amounts of money! The shows fans are ardent to say the least and are convinced that Supernatural and its cast are undervalued. Yet from a nonbiased critical perspective there's nothing impressive about the show. The writing is clichéd and overly formulaic and the actors are barely serviceable. My apologies, R515, but every time I watch Jared Padalicki in a scene I'm astounded that he is a working actor, and a well paid one at that. Granted I'm a lesbian but I don't find any of the cast especially good looking.

by Anonymousreply 517February 24, 2019 2:28 AM

[quote]She’s pursing her lips

You might want to look up the definition of "pursing," R510.

by Anonymousreply 518February 24, 2019 2:39 AM

There are so many really good shows out there now, why watch this CW garbage? There's an Australian show called A Place to Call Home that is so good. You guys really should expand and your horizons. This show is just awful.

by Anonymousreply 519February 24, 2019 5:16 AM

Okay, maybe puckering? Is that a better word, R518?

I’m pretty sure no one gives a fuck which word is used. She’s doing something weird with her lips. 🙄🙄🙄

And apparently she’s making another appearance on the show. Great 😐

by Anonymousreply 520February 24, 2019 5:17 AM

Genius is usually met with derision in its time, but comes to light thereafter.

So to with SPN in time.

Its greatness with outstay the bitter old queens who damn the show on Datalounge.

I expect Jared & Jensen to have their own Hollywood Star Walk Of Fame in the next year or two.

by Anonymousreply 521February 24, 2019 6:53 AM

You're about as delusional as R520, R521. You're both examples of our failing public schools. Jesus fucking Christ, R520, you really are just plain stupid. Her lips are not in a "puckering" motion any more than they are a "pursing" motion. You're here on Datalounge so surely you have internet access. Are the dictionary sites down?

by Anonymousreply 522February 24, 2019 8:57 AM

Jensen Ackles is A Homophobic Douchebag

by Anonymousreply 523February 24, 2019 9:44 AM

LMFAO @ R523

by Anonymousreply 524February 24, 2019 10:11 AM

Jensen doesn't look a day over 17.

by Anonymousreply 525February 24, 2019 11:58 AM

[Quote] And apparently she’s making another appearance on the show. Great 😐

Get over it.

by Anonymousreply 526February 24, 2019 12:58 PM

I want both Jared and Jensen in me, quite deeply.

by Anonymousreply 527February 24, 2019 2:53 PM

A lot of the fans seem to like Daneel a lot. I've heard she's very kind to the fans. Gen's page is like home shopping. I get that she's getting paid to promo products, but its gotten too much. She's super cute though,

by Anonymousreply 528February 25, 2019 3:20 AM

SPN should get some kind of Nobel Prize for services to Scif fantasy given its longevity and cultural significance.

More deserving than Bob Dylan getting one IMO.

by Anonymousreply 529February 25, 2019 3:45 AM

I can't believe grown people actually watch this crap. smh

by Anonymousreply 530February 25, 2019 5:12 AM

[QUOTE]Um, Jared could pass for being in his 30's because he IS in his 30's. He's only 35 years old, believe it or not.

Jesus fuck. That's a rough thirty five, for sure. I had to look it up because I didn't believe you.

by Anonymousreply 531February 25, 2019 6:54 PM

The one's complaining abut the ages of J2 are of two datalounge factions.

The queeny twinks who see anyone over 30 as ancient looking.

The other lot are the old pseudo/ pedo queens who pollute the twink threads and drool over young pop stars and the like who may be over 21 but look 15.

by Anonymousreply 532February 26, 2019 7:02 AM

Lmao R529

by Anonymousreply 533February 26, 2019 12:16 PM

R530 I can't believe grown people trolling in Supernatural threads.

by Anonymousreply 534February 26, 2019 12:21 PM

'Supernatural's Jared Padalecki Reacts To 'Captain Marvel' Review Controversy

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 535February 26, 2019 2:27 PM

Will Heaven's storyline now be pushed to Supernatural Season 15?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 536February 26, 2019 2:28 PM

Son of a bitch, I thought the fraus were discussing the syndication episodes. I can't believe this garbage is still being made! WTF, did they strike a deal with the devil? Nobody has ever watched this shit and it can't be winning any ratings wars. How the fuck does the network still pay to make this?

by Anonymousreply 537February 26, 2019 3:39 PM

Some of my favorite episodes of this show are when they incorporate the fanboys and girls.

They just showed the Ghostbusters episode from season 5, where Becky sets up the first annual "Supernatural" convention. I'm sure that it was based on the crazy fans that show up in real life. It was hilarious watching them dressed up as Sam, Dean, hookman, the scarecrow, yellow eyes, etc. And it was especially hilarious when they were all imitating Dean's batman voice. It's nice that the actors can laugh at themselves this way.

The haters don't realize that SPN is a very smartly written show, and it has a very campy sense of humor. Most other shows take themselves way too seriously, but this one pokes fun at itself AND Jared and Jensen, on a regular basis. It incorporates Wincest, Destiel, crazy fans, and all the other things that make the show so much fun, and puts it right back into the story.

by Anonymousreply 538February 26, 2019 3:56 PM

I forgot to mention that SPN has had some of the most unique episodes on television, as well.

Besides Scoobynatural and the 200th episode, another favorite of mine was when Sam and Dean were put into different television shows by the Trickster. That one was very cool because they got to be in their own sitcom, in a medical drama, on a game show, and even Knight Rider - all in one episode.

The writers are so creative, but even in doing a crazy episode like that, it still has purpose to the overall story, which I really like.

by Anonymousreply 539February 26, 2019 4:00 PM

I'm glad it's something you enjoy, R539, and you should absolutely keep enjoying it. But I think a lot of the razzing that fans get stems from the fact that they often overinflate the show's actual critical value and success. All of the "Jensen deserves an Emmy" is a little much for most. And in all honesty, I don't think many would see the show's writers as overly creative--not really by a longshot.

An enormous amount of luck has gone into it still being on the air, R537. Fans frequently have to perform a series of complicated mental gymnastics to answer for its longevity, but the bottom line is that it's on a network that has very few successful shows, so even a modicum of success is something for them. Supernatural is also inexpensive to make given that the principals most likely make far less than most, and it most likely at least breaks even.

I suspect next year will be its last.

by Anonymousreply 540February 26, 2019 4:42 PM

SPN is on air because it makes money for the company. End of story.

If it didn't , it wouldn't be on. The network is a business and they don't put on stuff to lose money.

It's not a charity organisation.

It's rather pathetic the hate club just cant deal with the show's worldwide success, celebrity and longevity.

Suck it up!

by Anonymousreply 541February 26, 2019 9:34 PM

[quote]The haters don't realize that SPN is a very smartly written show

Totally!

It is right up there with House of Cards and The Wire and Breaking Bad.

by Anonymousreply 542February 26, 2019 10:40 PM

I hope you you're kidding r542 because if not you're the saddest person I've ever known. Suepernatural sucks donkey cocks. Nobody but fat old fraus watches it. Flo from the Progressive Insurance commercials is more famous than anybody in it.

by Anonymousreply 543February 26, 2019 11:50 PM

I think this show gets hate here on DL because it's fanbase is largely women. I mean look at how many exploding heads there are in this thread who are just over-the-top angry about 'fraus' who like a TV show.

by Anonymousreply 544February 27, 2019 4:14 AM

This show gets hate because it sucks R544, and idiots want to claim it's Toni Morrison, James Baldwin and Truman Capote all rolled into one.

by Anonymousreply 545February 27, 2019 4:18 AM

R545, I don't think anyone seriously believes that. Anyone who posts nonsense like R529 is obviously trolling, or a blathering idiot.

by Anonymousreply 546February 27, 2019 4:31 AM

R542 House of Cards is a copy.

by Anonymousreply 547February 27, 2019 6:26 AM

R546 still better than Bob Dylan

by Anonymousreply 548February 27, 2019 6:27 AM

Word is Madame Tussauds is working on wax figures of the J2's and Misha in trenchcoat for their British Museum.

I think it'll be the most visited and photographed selfie exhibit in its history!

I can't wait to go.

by Anonymousreply 549February 27, 2019 7:15 AM

R535, why does he always have to insert himself into other people's drama?

Doesn't he have a waitress or barmaid he can go rough up or something?

by Anonymousreply 550February 27, 2019 7:35 AM

Duck Dynasty is cancelled!

by Anonymousreply 551February 27, 2019 9:42 AM

R538 it is really hard to take you seriously every time you mention the word [italic]haters[/italic].

by Anonymousreply 552February 27, 2019 1:14 PM

[quote]I think this show gets hate here on DL because it's fanbase is largely women. I mean look at how many exploding heads there are in this thread who are just over-the-top angry about 'fraus' who like a TV show.

No, R544 that's not right. You see, honey, fraus have no gender here on Data Lounge. 95% of the fraus on this thread are just like you - - swishy, prissy eldergays who have no life so they vociferously scavenge the web each day, looking for tidbits of news on their true loves, Jensen and Jared. Or, even better, perhaps an online poll or website where they can post over and over and over, attempting to sway public perception of their D List Loves. Then, after a hard day online, fingers cramped and bloody, they lie in their cold, lonely beds at night fantasizing about what it must be like to actually [italic]be[/italic] Sam and have someone like Dean Whinchester love them unconditionally. Alas, the poor fraus wake up in the harsh reality of morning and see nothing but their swishy, prissy eldgergay countenance staring back at them in the mirror.

And then it all starts over.

Such is the life of Supernatural Frau.

by Anonymousreply 553February 27, 2019 4:41 PM

No, despite your long-winded bullshit fantasy (or is it projection?), I'm still right.

by Anonymousreply 554February 27, 2019 4:48 PM

R553 that's about equal parts mean and funny so you are the perfect datalounger. Your the same guy who posted something up thread about SPN fraus spreading wanting to spread their spindly elder gay legs for Jensen didn't you? You make me laugh my ass off. I like SPN fine and watch it every once in a while but the 'it's as good as breaking bad' crowd are nothing but fraus and you described them to a T!

by Anonymousreply 555February 27, 2019 5:16 PM

Not every one that watches is a frau, R553. But the ones who harp on and on using words like A N T I - J E N S O N and A N T I - J A R E D and H A T E R S, they are the worst. There lots of trolly posts on this thread too like 547 & 548.

by Anonymousreply 556February 27, 2019 5:29 PM

I think the so called 'Fraus" you speak of R553 spend less time on thinking about The J's than you do composing your little tomes about what losers you think they are each day.

Who are the biggest dolts?

The fans who follow and enjoy the show or the dopes who hate it with a passion and see their mission to follow said fans around the net and tell them how stupid they are. Surely you've got better things to do?

by Anonymousreply 557February 27, 2019 8:00 PM

I would bet money that R553 is a writer for Supernatural.

Just a hunch.

by Anonymousreply 558February 28, 2019 12:13 AM

Supernatural Season 5, Episode 12 recap: The body swap episode

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 559February 28, 2019 12:53 AM

Wraith lore: The Supernatural vs. real mythology

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 560February 28, 2019 12:53 AM

R553, I've been on DL for years. That was straight up, old school DL brilliance. Missed that.

I actually know a lot guys who watch it. Gay and straight. Pretty much all nerds/gamers/geeks. The straight guys enjoy the sci fi aspects and the "fucking awesome car", as my friend put it. A couple have even been to conventions. The rabid fangirls aside, apparently its a pretty good time, especially in places like Vegas. Its just a huge party for the weekend. At least half the crowd is stoned or drunk at all times. Even moderate fans tend to be enthusiastic during the cons because that's what the vibe is - excitement. I've been to Star Trek conventions and its same thing - its a really cool vibe.

As I mentioned above, it appeals to a lot of people who grew up watching Buffy. Now they watch Supernatural with their own kids. I know multiple parents who watch the show with their preteens and teenagers. Its fun and creepy, but not too scary. Buffy was the same way - another CW show with "meh" ratings, but a devoted, hardcore fanbase.

I did hear of a fan giving Misha a butt plug, which was generally considered to be in very poor taste by most of fandom. Even the hardcore fangirls said there had to be a respect line drawn,

Please excuse the long post as I had a really fucking long day at work and am presently stoned outta my fucking mind.

by Anonymousreply 561February 28, 2019 4:21 AM

Did Mischka use said butt plug?

by Anonymousreply 562February 28, 2019 5:00 AM

The faux haters are he most avid viewers

They are more devoted than the fans.

They will be here all the way to the end of this season, feverishly posting how terrible it all is and wanking to Jensen posters on their wall.

by Anonymousreply 563February 28, 2019 8:27 AM

I think Jensen & jared's iconic denim Jackets and Misha's trenchcoat should be in The Smithsonian.

by Anonymousreply 564February 28, 2019 11:03 AM

[Quote] Buffy was the same way - another CW show with "meh" ratings, but a devoted, hardcore fanbase.

Buffy was also a good show and knew when to quit.

by Anonymousreply 565February 28, 2019 1:08 PM

There is a Creation SUPERNATURAL Con in DC this year.

Just to get in the fucking door is $340!!!

Talk about scamming the fans.

I go to a lot of fun cons and never pay over $40 for entry.

by Anonymousreply 566February 28, 2019 1:47 PM

[Quote] There is a Creation SUPERNATURAL Con in DC this year. Just to get in the fucking door is $340!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 567February 28, 2019 2:48 PM

I've saved up $10,000 to spend at SPN conventions over the next few years.

Money well spent for me.

by Anonymousreply 568February 28, 2019 7:57 PM

Wow, R568.

What's the breakdown of spending 10G at the conventions? I'm genuinely curious.

by Anonymousreply 569February 28, 2019 10:14 PM

R568 that is [italic]insane[/italic].

by Anonymousreply 570March 1, 2019 4:03 AM

R536, no one give a fuck! The heaven/angels storylines are beyond tired and lame.

No one, absolutely no one cares what’s going on in heaven. Clearly, the writers can’t be bothered to address those ridiculous issues. How the hell can all the angels be gone? Give me a fucking break.

Jensen will be in New Orleans this weekend. I wonder if Jared will accompany him. Doubtful.

by Anonymousreply 571March 1, 2019 4:12 AM

I hope that one day they'll bring Benny back. Destiel? No, thanks -- I love Denny! Dean and Benny. Mmmm.

by Anonymousreply 572March 1, 2019 4:38 AM

Whoever is still hoping for Destiel to happen is an idiot.

by Anonymousreply 573March 1, 2019 6:23 AM

Destial doesn't mean they have to fuck or anything.

It can simply remain an unexpressed sexual and spiritual desire for one another never to be consummated.

The tragic story of a love that dare not speak its name between a hunter and an angel.

Both thinking I cannot quit you, but unable to say it out loud.

by Anonymousreply 574March 1, 2019 8:55 AM

R574 it would probably help if the characters were actually gay/bi.

by Anonymousreply 575March 1, 2019 9:20 AM

'Supernatural' actor Jensen Ackles has been to hell and back, but is he ready to be King Bacchus?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 576March 1, 2019 9:30 AM

EW Magazine, January 2019

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 577March 1, 2019 9:33 AM

Yes, R572!! I love Dean and Benny. They would make a hot couple.

The pretty boy and the bear.

There was definitely something more to that relationship, but Sam made Dean choose between him or Benny, and Dean chose Sam. Awwwwww, how sweet.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 578March 1, 2019 7:11 PM

More "Denny!"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 579March 1, 2019 7:12 PM

There was a helluva star hovering ⭐️ this morning 41 years ago above Texas... all hail King Baccus. Of course there is a parade...@JensenAckles - many happy returns my perfectly freckled friend - only love ❤️

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 580March 1, 2019 7:27 PM

How cute!

I had no idea it was Jensen's birthday.

by Anonymousreply 581March 1, 2019 8:10 PM

Jensen is SO telegenic.

He looks incredibly handsome in the video at the link...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 582March 1, 2019 8:14 PM

They've resurrected just about every other character on the show multiple times, so it would be dope to see Benny again. This time, Sm wouldn't have to be so jealous. I would love to see Benny again - he and Dean had some great chemistry.

by Anonymousreply 583March 1, 2019 8:42 PM

Every Season Of Supernatural, Ranked

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 584March 1, 2019 11:16 PM

Created a Part 5 thread.

For us fans.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 585March 2, 2019 4:20 AM

But this thread isn't done yet?

by Anonymousreply 586March 2, 2019 5:25 AM

Just in case, R586.

Sometimes this thread is slow, and sometimes it gets about 15 posts in a day. So you never know.

by Anonymousreply 587March 2, 2019 11:30 AM

One more till the 600!

by Anonymousreply 588March 2, 2019 12:19 PM

I could watch Sam and Dean hug each other, all day long.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 589March 2, 2019 12:33 PM

The look on Jensen's face here, is so adorable!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 590March 2, 2019 12:33 PM

The hug at R590 kills me - Sam is actually shaking with relief and love to see Dean. His determined walk from the bed to hold his brother gives me life, this giant 'little boy' who finally has his brother back and grabs him and doesn't want to let go. I love their size difference and it's highlighted here in the best way.

by Anonymousreply 591March 2, 2019 2:06 PM

^^^^Jesus Christ.

And you wonder why they call you fraus?

by Anonymousreply 592March 3, 2019 3:05 AM

[quote]Sometimes this thread is slow, and sometimes it gets about 15 posts in a day. So you never know.

The number of daily posts on this thread is directly proportionate to whether the three Supernatural fraus here take their meds. No meds mean that the same fraus are able to post all day long about how perfect Jensen Ackles is and how much he deserves an Emmy . . . answer themselves . . . then post about how totally awesome sauce Supernatural is . . . answer themselves . . . then post multiple shitty pictures and YouTube clips . . . answer themselves, etc., You multiply all that by three and factor in the people busting on the fraus, and before you know it there are a bunch of posts here.

No posts mean that the Supernatural fraus' moms have gone down to the basement and forced their respective fifty-year old fraus to take their meds.

by Anonymousreply 593March 3, 2019 3:22 AM

That look you get when a waitress is a little slow with your refill and you know you'll spend all weekend doxxing her ass.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 594March 3, 2019 3:29 AM

LMFAO I want a three-way with R593 and R594.

by Anonymousreply 595March 3, 2019 3:39 AM

"And a shitty tip is all you think you'll be getting. Think again, bitch."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 596March 3, 2019 3:39 AM

"I'd like to see a list of today's specials, please. And do be quick about it."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 597March 3, 2019 3:52 AM

"Welcome to TGIFridays! It'll just be about a 5 minute wait til we get the table cleaned up for you."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 598March 3, 2019 3:54 AM

"......"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 599March 3, 2019 3:54 AM

"5 MINUTES!!!!!!!"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 600March 3, 2019 3:55 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!