Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

DC’s Crew Club

Any personal experiences or stories? It’s billed as DC’s last gay bathhouse and it’s in a good neighborhood, along the trendy 14th St. corridor.

Various online user reviews paint a mixed picture - some positive experiences, but also warnings about run-down facilities, rude staff etc.

I’ll be spending some time in DC next year and am curious if it’s worth a visit or visits. Not looking for sex partners, I just like the voyeurism and weird camaraderie of naked gay men sharing space.

by Anonymousreply 37September 4, 2019 12:30 PM

Ewww gross dude

by Anonymousreply 1December 13, 2018 1:37 PM

Fuck off, R1 and go clutch your pearls elsewhere.

by Anonymousreply 2December 13, 2018 1:38 PM

Having trouble posting in this thread.

by Anonymousreply 3December 13, 2018 2:58 PM

I go there probably 2-3 times a month. It's very clean and has the usual - TV lounge with comfortable couches, private room (both large and small), both wet and dry saunas, showers, a dark sling room, etc. There is also a gym which literally no one uses as well as an outdoor smoking area that faces 14th Street. Compared to the horror shows I experienced at the East/West Side Clubs in NYC, The Crew Club is a much nicer experience and the staff if friendly. It is near an affluent, up-and-coming area of D.C. so, the heterosexual date taking place at the Thai restaurant next door will literally watch you walking into the place, so if you don't mind that, go for it.

Tuesday nights are half off and very popular for that reason. It can get quite crowded and there is a ton of cock and ass to choose from. Sunday afternoons can be quite busy as well, I've discovered.

by Anonymousreply 4December 13, 2018 2:58 PM

Thanks r4.

by Anonymousreply 5December 13, 2018 4:01 PM

if you have any other questions, let me know.

I have seen Congressional staffers there during lunch.

by Anonymousreply 6December 13, 2018 4:13 PM

Went once years ago. Pleasant but not very exciting. Maybe it wasn't just my lucky day.

by Anonymousreply 7December 13, 2018 5:05 PM

Bump

by Anonymousreply 8January 8, 2019 3:15 PM

It's a lot of fun. I used to live in DC. I've only been to a handful of bathhouses but the Crew Club is by far the best one I've been to.

by Anonymousreply 9January 8, 2019 3:45 PM

I used to frequent the Safari Club in Boston (Same owner).

If you’re hot, be careful which room they put you in. I was put in one with floor to ceiling mirrors and later had people swearing they saw sex videos of me years later and am convinced they were videotaped from that room based on descriptions.

by Anonymousreply 10January 8, 2019 4:06 PM

Been there I think 3 times. As with anything in DC parking was an hassle. I think twice I just did the locker thing and that was fine. The one time I got a room I had a hot daddy eat my ass,finger fuck and edge me for a long time.

Hit or miss it seemed (like all of them are) but it was an impulse stop in each time.

by Anonymousreply 11January 8, 2019 4:22 PM

Pretty good bathhouse. Clean. Always had fun. Havent been to DC in a few years so it’s been a while. I’m mid-40s and pretty cute.

by Anonymousreply 12January 8, 2019 4:36 PM

[quote]Not looking for sex partners, I just like the voyeurism and weird camaraderie of naked gay men sharing space.

Right. You're a whore, darlin'.

by Anonymousreply 13January 8, 2019 5:15 PM

I remember when it first opened. It didn't have "changing rooms" then. And the 14th Street corridor was sleazy AF. It was fun back in the "old days." I saw a lot of action in the "dungeon areas" downstairs. And the dark rooms upstairs were a blast. They had medical exam tables with stirrups - it was really romantic.

They also had lounge and TV areas then, and I met a lot of interesting people there (who I then fucked / got fucked by).

Those were the days...

by Anonymousreply 14January 8, 2019 5:36 PM

Wasn't John Barrowman seen there years ago? I think someone here reported that.

by Anonymousreply 15January 8, 2019 5:41 PM

[quote] I used to frequent the Safari Club in Boston (Same owner).

Wow, haven't thought about the Safari Club in years. I think it closed for good around 2000

by Anonymousreply 16January 8, 2019 5:52 PM

OP , DROP YOUR PRETENTIOUSNESS, GRAB THE LUBE AND POPPERS AND GO.

by Anonymousreply 17January 8, 2019 5:52 PM

I haven't been to the Crew Club in a decade but it was much nicer than the older DC bath house in the seedy part of the city (in the same complex that has the gay movie theatre and the glory hole floor).

If it's been kept up, the Crew Club would be a nice place to check out.

by Anonymousreply 18January 8, 2019 5:54 PM

[quote]I met a lot of interesting people there (who I then fucked / got fucked by).

R14, that's impossible. Pursuant to the Rules of DataLounge, Section 4A, all gay men are either tops or bottoms.

by Anonymousreply 19January 8, 2019 5:56 PM

"—but yes, you're an eldergay"

Well pass the caftan and the earrings! Momma's moist mussy is leavin' a trail on the bedspread like a ravenous gastropod in a romaine patch!

by Anonymousreply 20January 8, 2019 6:32 PM

Can we get back to discussing the bathhouse and drop the annoying drag queen shtick?

by Anonymousreply 21January 8, 2019 6:34 PM

I was just there this past Friday. I'm a power bottom and got fucked by seven different tops. I think the Crew Club is so popular lately because there's so much back-and-forth using the apps and sometimes it just doesn't pan out, people flake, people misrepresent themselves with old pictures. At a bathhouse, you know what you're getting and there's a nice immediacy to it. The CC is close by several gay bars like Trade and Number Nine, so if you are tipsy and horned up after leaving the bar, it's a nice quick way to get laid.

Tonight is half-price night and it's always hopping.

by Anonymousreply 22January 8, 2019 6:38 PM

Wrong thread, R21.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23January 8, 2019 6:42 PM

I remember lots of cute, youngish guys there. Some military guys too.

by Anonymousreply 24January 8, 2019 6:59 PM

Speaking of military dudes--years ago, I was at a conference in DC and this very cute Marine gave a speech. That night, I encountered him at the Crew Club. We had fantastic sex. I didn't tell him I was at the same conference and he kept pretending he wasn't in the military...

The next day, I see him at the conference, and his face drop. Then, we laugh it off. Sadly, that day, he had to fly back to Texas.

by Anonymousreply 25January 8, 2019 7:06 PM

Yep, I've encountered tons of butch military guys there. Very hot and down for lots. Also, Sundays seem to be straight curious married men afternoons lately. I got fucked by some guy who said he told his wife he was at the Home Depot for the afternoon.

by Anonymousreply 26January 8, 2019 8:23 PM

Blind item during the run of COMPANY alluded to Barrowman face down, ass up at CC’s during the run.

by Anonymousreply 27January 8, 2019 11:12 PM

Anyone go this weekend?

by Anonymousreply 28January 14, 2019 6:43 PM

Did you reserve the Lindsey Graham Suite?

by Anonymousreply 29January 14, 2019 6:57 PM

R27, It was when he was appearing at the Kennedy Center in that Sondheim musical "Putting It Together."

by Anonymousreply 30January 14, 2019 7:29 PM

The Crew Club will be PACKED this weekend because it's Mid-Atlantic Leather weekend in D.C.

by Anonymousreply 31January 16, 2019 8:20 PM

Crew Club is superfluous when there's so much in-room fuck partying going on.

by Anonymousreply 32January 16, 2019 8:39 PM

So random this thread pops up, then someone I follow on Twitter posted this from Crew Club

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33January 17, 2019 11:41 PM

Bump for new Crew Club experiences. Visiting DC for a couple weeks in early September and wondering if it’s worth a visit, was glad to see this thread exists ...

by Anonymousreply 34August 30, 2019 6:54 PM

I go once every couple of years. It’s way nicer than anything we have in New York. (I don’t understand why we can’t have a decent bathhouse here in NY with many times the population of DC.) I’ve always had a good time at the Crew Club. Men are there to play, not just S and M. But I never found the staff particularly nice. They’re rather snotty. But other than when you enter or leave, you have no need to interact with them.

by Anonymousreply 35August 30, 2019 7:30 PM

I have lived in DC for 12 years and have never been. Doubt I’d go on a Tuesday when it’s hopping, so I wonder what the odds are of getting fucked any other time.

by Anonymousreply 36September 4, 2019 11:59 AM

I enjoy a good bathhouse and there just aren't many left in this country. My favorite was Club New Orleans which has, alas, been turned into fancy condos.

The pickings are better in Europe. The Kaiserbrundl in Vienna is a favorite and its fun to know you're in a place that's been in continuous operation for well over a century.

by Anonymousreply 37September 4, 2019 12:30 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!