Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Yuzuru Hanyu and other figure skating talk part 17

Let's continue discussion here.

Link to previous thread:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 601December 21, 2018 3:59 PM

[quote]“Schedule Update : December 16 to 30 Japan Nationals : Riona Kato, Kazuki Tomono. ( P.S. Sorry ROI)”

Ge was invited to Revolution on Ice this year? At least Lambiel will also be at nationals.

[quote]Dirt Czar, educate us! There is some scandal involving the commentators at JNats that I'm seeing on twitter but don't have time to figure out. What's going on?

You must be talking about Kato-pan (Ayako Kato). She’s famous for successfully putting the moves on the most popular athletes (although she failed with Ohtani and pissed off his parents instead) and deviating from main topics during interviews to ask her interviewees about their single status and “types.” Women especially dislike her because she acts cutesy and speaks in a high tone when men are around. However, she was a delinquent in high school and worked at a hostess club during university. Her before and after photos are very funny.

As you know, Fuji has a reputation for being not so kind to Hanyu and Katopan’s appointment was seen as yet another move to provoke. It’s rather well known that she’s been after Hanyu since last year, but his team has supposedly been rejecting one-on-one interviews with her lately, despite Katopan’s trips to Toronto. The other issue is that she’s worked with Takahashi and said she was really cheering him on when it was announced she was going to be the MC. Fans wanted someone more neutral and she isn’t a knowledgeable person who could make a valuable contribution to the commentary.

If you want to see interaction between Hanyu and Katopan, she’s the host of “Sports Life Hero’s” and Hanyu’s appearances are probably on youtube or dailymotion somewhere.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1December 12, 2018 9:36 PM

Oh, shit. Shunbun is going to release an article about how Kozuka and Hanyu Yuzurenai (the comedian who imitates Hanyu) took some women back to their hotel together after they did an event on Sunday. Yuzurenai's manager made a preemptive statement on his instagram saying that nothing happened. The women (and a man) were connected to the event and only in their room to discuss a work opportunity for an hour.

I didn't realize Yuzurenai and Kozuka were connected. Kozuka has been teaching him how to figure skate and they occasionally go out. That's going to make Hanyu's fans really hate him now.

by Anonymousreply 2December 12, 2018 9:51 PM

r2 Bunshun supposedly has videos and pics though, so this should be interesting. I've read elsewhere and JDC has also mentioned it, that Bunshun has a good rep and usually has evidence to back up their reporting. Kozuka is just pathetic at this point. So was the man a part of the foursome (in addition to Kozuka and fake Hanyu)?

by Anonymousreply 3December 12, 2018 10:57 PM

Japanese celebrity drama is so exotic. "Women hate her because she speaks with a high voice" made me blink. She puts on the moves right there in front of camera or privately? Pissing off the parents? Lol, how old was Ohtani? Not gonna lie, the image of some random reporter trying to seduce Hanyu in interview is hilarious.

by Anonymousreply 4December 12, 2018 11:06 PM

R1 Thank you for answering my question. I know this is a FS forum so you can ignore this if you want, but how did she piss off Ohtani's parents?

R4 Ohtani is super private and also careful about his image, so I'm not surprised by this.

by Anonymousreply 5December 12, 2018 11:10 PM

R4 I don't know about now, but at some point very recently, Ohtani's parents managed all his money and gave him a $1000/month allowance, which he never spent. He and Hanyu are similar in many ways.

by Anonymousreply 6December 12, 2018 11:14 PM

r6 Match made in heaven.

by Anonymousreply 7December 12, 2018 11:15 PM

R7 Like Hanyu, he also planned at some point to get married at 26. When they asked him recently, he basically said, "Never." hahha.

by Anonymousreply 8December 12, 2018 11:18 PM

R2 Hanyu fans already hated Yuzurenai; they didn’t like that he was using his image to make money in what they considered was a sleazy manner, so this is just the icing on the cake.

I like Ohtani, he seems like a very down-to-earth guy lmao

by Anonymousreply 9December 12, 2018 11:29 PM

r8 brb, starting a folder where all the photographic evidence of their secret love will go. Move away, Med.

by Anonymousreply 10December 12, 2018 11:30 PM

R10 You should watch that one time they had an appearance together in public. The height difference was delicious

by Anonymousreply 11December 12, 2018 11:32 PM

r11 I remember seeing pics. Kinky.

by Anonymousreply 12December 12, 2018 11:35 PM

I don't see that so called charisma in Med, Zagitova, Yulia Lipniskaya,... yet their fans of course see it. Charisma is subjective. Saying someone lacking of charisma as a fact is bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 13December 12, 2018 11:35 PM

R11 We've seen that one a few times, but there's another where they're sitting down next together. Shohei also studiously avoids talking to him, Hanyu eyes him slyly like a delicious fruit tart and makes the decision to play coy and not talk to him either. It all plays out in a matter of seconds, but is funny as hell because with Hanyu everything is written on his face. I'm not able to find it now, but it was maybe part of a video that JDC posted about Hanyu's lip syncing.

by Anonymousreply 14December 12, 2018 11:42 PM

r14 It all means nothing without bracelets.

by Anonymousreply 15December 12, 2018 11:44 PM

R15 Or until Ohtani wears Irene gloves for batting practice.

by Anonymousreply 16December 12, 2018 11:45 PM

R14 Well now I need to see that. Hanyu playing coy is one of my favourites

by Anonymousreply 17December 12, 2018 11:59 PM

Kozuka’s night adventure, wonder if there are more pics to come

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18December 12, 2018 11:59 PM

r18 That's so scandalous. Where are my pearls.

by Anonymousreply 19December 13, 2018 12:16 AM

R19 Up Kozuka's ass, I hear.

by Anonymousreply 20December 13, 2018 12:18 AM

r20 Lol. Thanks for the laugh.

by Anonymousreply 21December 13, 2018 12:19 AM

Looks like they are just heading out for bubble tea, nothing harmful. Where are the juicy pics?!

by Anonymousreply 22December 13, 2018 12:47 AM

R17 Okay, I saw parts of the video I was thinking about and I oversold - Hanyu does not look at Ohtani like a delicious fruit tart, just makes a conscious decision to not engage him. So basically, as juicy as the Kozuka bubble tea pics. Sorry.

by Anonymousreply 23December 13, 2018 1:05 AM

Here's an actual juicy pic. The fabric works like a hammock for Hanyu's butt balls.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24December 13, 2018 1:12 AM

Russian Worlds team is decided at Euros, not RusNats. If someone has a meltdown at Euros, they have a skate-off at the Russian Cup Final.

by Anonymousreply 25December 13, 2018 2:12 AM

R25 I think they just gave Tuk a bye to Euros so she should be fine.

by Anonymousreply 26December 13, 2018 2:45 AM

Did I mention Kozuka is supposed to commentate for nationals? And he’s teaching a skating class right at this moment?

Bunshun rarely shows all of their cards right away. They’ll release a little bit, wait for their targets to issue denials, then completely destroy them with hard evidence over several articles for weeks. Their sources always seem to be very close to their victims.

Kozuka told a reporter that he never cheated on his wife although some of his actions may have caused misunderstandings. Yuzurenai was interviewed on television saying Kozuka told him he wanted to introduce him to the man in charge of the Red Bull Crashed Ice event they’d just participated in, and took him to the man’s hotel with two other members (two women) involved in Crashed Ice to discuss a new “Team Kozuka” project. They did not rent a room.

However, they entered the hotel at 3AM and the two women are believed to be race queens (the sexy models at car races and shows) from Crashed Ice.

The title of the Bunshun article also suggests Kozuka was verbally abusive (guilty of moral harassment) to his wife, which comes as no surprise as he does give off that feeling in his skating columns and commentary.

I’ll have more later when I have time. The full Bunshun article requires payment.

While you’re waiting, someone brought up an old photo of Kozuka from 2013 with a "tenga” (masturbation toy that resembles a red flask) he forgot to crop out of the background. He was celebrating a younger sister's birthday:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27December 13, 2018 2:46 AM

Sister= skater

by Anonymousreply 28December 13, 2018 2:48 AM

R27 Looks like suspicious product placement to me. Like one of Med's shakes on her insta. Kozuka's toy can be purchased on Amazon for $9.97 + free shipping!

R28 It's a shame that was a typo.

by Anonymousreply 29December 13, 2018 2:55 AM

I never knew Kozuka had anything resembling a personality, let alone a sex drive. The lame frau-centric FSU andGS never even scratch the surface of all this Japanese gossip. I mean, it's still all pretty tame by Western standards, but I'm actually glad to know the Japanese skaters aren't all as sanitized and pure as the driven snow as they always came across. Makes them seem far more interesting.

What's the deal with Machida? Gay or just eccentric?

by Anonymousreply 30December 13, 2018 2:56 AM

This site is awesome, no holding back, keep up the good work.

I don’t think Yuzuru,s reputation will be affected by Kozuka, not worried.

by Anonymousreply 31December 13, 2018 3:15 AM

Of all the Japanese skaters, Kozuka's would rank dead last on the list of dick pics I'd like to see. It probably doesn't even get that hard but will insist afterwards that it was your fault for being careless and injuring it.

by Anonymousreply 32December 13, 2018 3:16 AM

Does anyone know what this is about? I think this rumor was going around on weibo long time ago. Javi never really name dropped Yuzuru for attention unless the media brought him up so I don't know why this person hates Javi so much.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33December 13, 2018 3:30 AM

R32 Kozuka will then launch into a confusing speech about how if you had just let him bareback your ass instead of lying there not moving like Japan did with Poland, it would have been a much more enjoyable experience for everyone.

by Anonymousreply 34December 13, 2018 3:36 AM

R30 Machida's looking as fab as a teenage girl after her first free makeover at the Clinique counter. He also seems to have a diehard crush on Dai, and maybe Nathan and maybe Javi. But I'm not one to jump to conclusions.

by Anonymousreply 35December 13, 2018 4:20 AM

R33 They’re delusional, just ignore them. The sane Hanyu fans avoid this kind of bs behaviour / people

by Anonymousreply 36December 13, 2018 5:25 AM

Hanyu has WD from JNats

by Anonymousreply 37December 13, 2018 7:19 AM

R37 Thank goodness. Though maybe not for Brian, who I guess will now have to show up at Russian Nationals.

by Anonymousreply 38December 13, 2018 7:37 AM

its better that way health comes first and I guess that he will not compete at 4CC and get ready for worlds because an injury like his takes time to heal and if he would have competed at JNats he would have aggravated his injury and it would take even more time to heal

by Anonymousreply 39December 13, 2018 7:37 AM

Kozuka’s wife’s is definitely Bunshun's main source because they have literal receipts of Kozuka’s infidelity.

On a radio show, Bunshun revealed the wife’s sister was Kozuka’s manager and he’d give her all of his crumpled up receipts and papers for processing. There was a 1,000 USD receipt for a hostess club visit, receipts for bars specifically for meeting people for sex, many hostess business cards, and a hotel receipt under a woman’s name. Bunshun said they also thought it was weird that he chose Yuzurenai as his wingman as they were tailing him and are very sorry to Hanyu fans about the fuss caused.

According to the Bunshun article, Kozuka started renting an apartment in Tokyo in January and would only spend a week out of a month in Nagoya with his family. He would come home early in the morning after a night of partying and just sleep on the couch, failing to take care of his daughter or help around the house. When confronted about his behavior, he’d refuse to apologize.

In the early hours on the 9th, Kozuka went to a club (hostess club?) after appearing on S1 to talk about Uno’s performance at the GPF, drank with Yuzurenai, and met up with an older man and two women. The five went to Donki to buy more alcohol and cup noodles before they checked into a room together at The Intercontinental at 4:30AM. (When approached by Bunshun, Kozuka claimed it was just a work meeting with a sponsor.)

Commentator (lawyer) on a Fuji talk show covering the Kozuka news, “Really? With that face?” Also, “Unlike Hanyu, he’s not famous.”

R39 It’s also good for his mental health as the Japanese media will be dying to ask him about Yuzurenai.

by Anonymousreply 40December 13, 2018 8:12 AM

R40 Dirt Czar, for all the time and effort you put into these posts, you should start your own blog and make some easy cash. I'm totally serious about this. I'm glad Kozuka's wife is fighting back. What a total dick.

by Anonymousreply 41December 13, 2018 8:20 AM

Kozuka later issued a statement.

-He’s worked very hard since he missed making the Sochi team.

-Regarding his club activities (he doesn’t specify if he’s referring to hostess clubs or regular clubs): he went to these clubs to attend birthday parties of important work people and informal events by sponsors. Skaters would also go to such clubs following banquets.

-As for why he was seen leaving these clubs with other women: he’s very forgetful, even more so when he’s drunk. It’d be dangerous if he went home alone, so a friend would accompany him back to his hotel.

-As for why he had a hotel receipt under a woman’s name: he drank too much at a World Cup viewing and a staff member at the venue got him a room at a hotel and it was put under her name.

Kozuka’s father on his son’s nighttime activities: “Who cares about that? It’d be against common sense and common society to divorce when a young child is involved. At least, no one around me would do such a thing.”

A little preview from Bunshun (they ambush him at the end):

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42December 13, 2018 8:21 AM

R42 Kozuka and his father sound like people who lie so often they can't tell the difference between a credible and a transparently implausible explanation. I think the lies and the lack of remorse make the situation worse, if that's possible.

by Anonymousreply 43December 13, 2018 8:38 AM

It's funny about the recipts and wife's sister. Duuude.

Why did Kozuka even get married if he didn't care. And wow, at the fathers "against society" card. Serves him right the wife's independent person and can say "fuck society" while ensuring she'll come out crystal clear out off this and still have career prospects.

I wonder how long Kozuka will keep his comentating gig. Reputation seems to matter in Japan.

But I'm curious what about Kozuka's commentary gives off a vibe that he'd be verbally abusive?

by Anonymousreply 44December 13, 2018 9:06 AM

I wonder if Hanyu saw the news about his impersonator and was like, “Mmm fuck that,” like that was the last straw that broke the camel’s back with regards to his withdrawing lmao.

by Anonymousreply 45December 13, 2018 9:30 AM

R45 exactly. He probably caught wind of that nonsense and was like, quick! Announce I'm withdrawing from Jnats.

by Anonymousreply 46December 13, 2018 10:27 AM

Lol. Didn't Kozuka have a crush on Mao when they were younger? She avoided a douche.

by Anonymousreply 47December 13, 2018 11:02 AM

Why are some fans so sure about him competing at Worlds? Last season, he was extremely motivated for Olympics, this season not much ( don't get me wrong, he surely wants to compete but he has no reason to push himself now and won't be as fierce and hungry as last season. I won't be surprised if he withdraws from Worlds due to the injury.

by Anonymousreply 48December 13, 2018 11:13 AM

R48 I think maybe because it's a Worlds where it's held in Japan. Some fans are even worried that he may retire afterwards because of it.

Hanyu hasn't competed at home for a while now, but I'm glad he WD for himself and now he wouldn't have to deal with the circus brewing currently as well as the Uno and Dai ubers at Nationals that are his antis.

by Anonymousreply 49December 13, 2018 11:20 AM

Streaming for Italian Nationals. Juniors are right now

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 50December 13, 2018 11:28 AM

Is it me or are Charlie White and Tanith the bitchiest commentators on the Olympic Channel? A failed ice dancer and her closeted husband have a lot of weird criticisms for other skaters.

by Anonymousreply 51December 13, 2018 11:31 AM

i guess that he would like to compete at Worlds in Saitama Jp: because it is held in Japan and he has not competed there since NHK 2016 and he also he Won his 1st Worlds in 2014 in Saitama !

by Anonymousreply 52December 13, 2018 11:53 AM

R52 Of course he wants but whether he can or not is different.

One of the reasons his fans bother me is that they're always so sure about everything. Like GPs just started, they already thought about GPF, like today he just announced his withdawal, they already think about Worlds. During last off-season, I saw many Twitter posts saying GPF SP day is his birthday, he will enjoy gifts, singing from fans at the competition rink. And I thought: "Don't freak out if he doesn't compete at GPF for some reasons" and well, I turned out to be right. Life teaches us not to take things for granted and they, his fans, should know that better than anyone else because many things having happened to him are unexpecting and random. Can't they let him do his things and just see and enjoy. In the end, they still put immense pressure on him without being aware of that and dig themselve a dark hole of depression and lay in it when things don't go well for him, because they took many things for granted.

by Anonymousreply 53December 13, 2018 11:58 AM

I had a similar injury as his and in my case it took 6 weeks for it to heal and afterwards I had to build up my muscles in my food what took about 6 weeks as well until I could fully return to do sports like before ! yes I could do light exercises before but it took 3 month to almost fully recover from it !

by Anonymousreply 54December 13, 2018 12:15 PM

R53 Well, many of them do have to think ahead, also many FS fans in general, when you have to fight to get good tickets without knowing who will attend. Several fanyus are probably contemplating buying 4CC tickets now in case Hanyu goes, or hope he goes (only if his injuries are fine) so they see more of him later in the season, and that's not an expectation or taking it for granted. A fandom that has spent much money and time on him know nothing is set in stone but are taking their bets, or otherwise just wish to see more of him. It's wishful thinking and speculation. Better to be optimistic about the future than grumble about it.

by Anonymousreply 55December 13, 2018 12:50 PM

I think it'd be perfectly reasonable for Hanyu to retire after worlds in Japan. It's amazing that he stuck around at all after the Olympics, especially given his injury.

by Anonymousreply 56December 13, 2018 1:22 PM

I would also be in favour of Yuzu retiring rather than getting his ankle to such a state that even his career as a pro skater would be threatened but he has mentioned several times how big of a goal landing the quad axel is for him so if physically he can hold on, I think he will try to stay one more season but let's see.

by Anonymousreply 57December 13, 2018 1:42 PM

R57. I also think Hanyu will try for one more season only because of how many competitions he has or will have to miss this season. However, if he feels his body can no longer hold up then he will retire.

I also think if he can do 4cc he will do it. Johnny will probably be there and how he would love to perform Otonal to Johnny.

by Anonymousreply 58December 13, 2018 2:33 PM

Just thought some beauty wouldn't hurt...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 59December 13, 2018 3:03 PM

In reference to JDC's comment: "It’s also good for his mental health as the Japanese media will be dying to ask him about Yuzurenai."

I'm intrigued - well concerned - that whatever that "entertainer" Yuzurenai did, that it would have any impact on Yuzu - and that it could impact his mental health. Surely he wouldn't feel responsible?? Or is he somehow officially involved in that guy's "act". Comedians have always included impersonations in their acts - I mean, I get that Yuzuru is this guy's entire act, but nobody thinks Elvis impersonators have anything to do with Elvis, or the many drag artists who pick a diva to "play" on stage, like Cher or Barbra Streisand or whatever -- I can't imagine that they would be affected by anything copycats might do... Oh I don't know how to explain it. I'm just surprised that it would matter to him.

Kazuka being critical of Yuzuru - now THAT is just beyond the Pale. Glad he's been found out for the asshole he is. Maybe he'll either shut up about Yuzu -or nobody will give him any attention anymore. He deserves to be ostracized. A part of me is relieved Yuzuru won't be there competing against Dai at Nationals, though I guess they could meet a Worlds in Saitama. OTOH, that would mean Yuzu was well enough to compete in March so I'd be happy about that - but more worried than ever.

R51, I saw Charlie interview Yuzuru and he was so sweet to him - I really go the impression he was a nice guy. And I watched a little of his and Tanith's commentary but not enough to form much of an opinion. Interesting that they were bitchy. As much as Dick Button in the good old days?

by Anonymousreply 60December 13, 2018 4:10 PM

R59 Beautiful lines. I need more like this.

by Anonymousreply 61December 13, 2018 4:13 PM

R60 What do you mean? That old cunt Dick Button never had a harsh word for anyone.

by Anonymousreply 62December 13, 2018 4:18 PM

LOL. I was so nervous about what Button might say about Yuzuru. Back in the day, I believe he'd make snarky comments about men needing to look like men when they skated. Maybe being beat up at the Ramble in Central Park at midnight when he was 40 - well, that might have caused him to shut up with the shade. But you never know what an old man might babble on about. Anyway, he was very nice, calling Yuzuru "elegant" - and very much behaving himself, despite his record being tied.

by Anonymousreply 63December 13, 2018 4:45 PM

New interview with Boyang:

About Lori Nichol: “It turned out my crazy matches her crazy. That’s how we came up with the two programs for this season”.

About not moving to TCC: “I’ve been asked this question for many times”, Jin commented, like the many other times, “but I don’t think I am in the best position to address it”. [Frankly, this suggests to me it wasn't his choice]

He's not injured: "My physical condition is very good. No, my performance here has nothing to do with physical condition, no worry about it”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 64December 13, 2018 4:51 PM

I don't dare post this on Twitter. But does anyone else think this injury Hanyu has might be career ending (for competitions)? I am concerned that it may very well be. It seems he is still in pain which actually breaks my heart.

by Anonymousreply 65December 13, 2018 5:17 PM

R65 Well, it seems serious at the very least. Here's a translation of his statement. Admitting he's still in pain and stating, "I can't say how things will go" are departures from the usual for him, right?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 66December 13, 2018 5:25 PM

So I should go to 4 Continents and then Worlds?

My 14th place is already booked

by Anonymousreply 67December 13, 2018 5:26 PM

It's time for this sexiesaurus to make his comeback.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 68December 13, 2018 5:32 PM

R65 many don't dare loll. Apparently his tone isn't positive at all.

On a different note: Orser will go to Rus Nats. Give me the drama I want.

by Anonymousreply 69December 13, 2018 5:40 PM

R69 Sorry to disappoint, but my emergency spleen removal surgery is scheduled for whatever day(s) RusNats is.

by Anonymousreply 70December 13, 2018 5:47 PM

R65 I will give you ( 2 ) scenarios which is very probably going to happen next March.

1. He will compete at Worlds on painkillers and admitted that only after the competition. Future is unknown after that.

2. He will be out of Worlds.

There is nearly zero chance of his injury being healed by Worlds. We'll see.

by Anonymousreply 71December 13, 2018 5:57 PM

R66. That statement worries me. And to think this season was supposed to be the no worries have fun season for him. R69. Agree. He doesn't sound at all positive. 💔

by Anonymousreply 72December 13, 2018 5:58 PM

R71. I would hope that if he is not healed he will wd from worlds than compete on pain killers. That will just aggravate the injury more.

by Anonymousreply 73December 13, 2018 6:13 PM

This makes me think of Javi's comment, something like: "If he wants to destroy himself, then he can do so..."

Maybe Javi has more insight into how severe and chronic that ankle injury really is. I'll just say it - I think he should retire and stop landing quads on that ankle. Maybe stop jumping altogether. A lot of uncles still do shows without many, if any, jumps - and he can further develop his artistry and interpretation, for years to come (assuming that's what he'd like to do.)

by Anonymousreply 74December 13, 2018 6:57 PM

R74 Okay but I don't think Hanyu wants to stop doing quads in retirement. He feels like another Nobu.

If he does retire and take his time to heal then start doing quads at ice shows everyone will probably wish he would come back in a much depleted men's field especially if it's still looking sad during Beijing.

Taking a break for a whole season, while not what I think Hanyu would do, is also an option instead of retirement.

Of course everything depends on how bad his accumulated injuries are.

by Anonymousreply 75December 13, 2018 7:06 PM

I believe the 'future' is just the future of this season. I don't think he wants or is ready to retire. Of course, we all may be talking bullshit, but he lives and breathes skating so it looks that way from over here.

by Anonymousreply 76December 13, 2018 7:19 PM

Since it's all gloom and doom in this thread today, I'll post this. The Uno and Kolyada ones are my favorites.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 77December 13, 2018 7:26 PM

It depends on his mindset. If he want, he absolutely can jump only triples while continuing to compete. No one forces him to do quads. Ofc that means saying bye to golds and records and jump only triples doesn't mean no more injuries though.

I have said since the beginning of the season, he has to make up his mind. He has to choose 1. Enjoy skating, no winning, no records. 2. Enjoy competing, continuous pressure, risk of injuries.

by Anonymousreply 78December 13, 2018 7:31 PM

'cool dad a terrible father' hmmm yes.

by Anonymousreply 79December 13, 2018 7:32 PM

R78 I think Hanyu tried out #1 earlier in the season and it didn't take.

R77 I like the Raf one too: "Dad Way Scarier When Controlling Temper"

R79 Unfortunately, that might be an apt description for Lambiel as a coach.

by Anonymousreply 80December 13, 2018 7:55 PM

R80 Inconsistent Stance and self-conflicted at the first competition. Wanted to win with "no need to win" mindset. No wonder it didn't take. He changed back to old mindset (2) later, and you see it worked out immediately, he won.... and got injured.

by Anonymousreply 81December 13, 2018 8:18 PM

R74 Yes. I'm worried that if he continues to compete, he may end up not being able to skate at all anymore. Fuck the jumps. I want to see him continue to develop as an artist and create dazzling ice shows for us.

by Anonymousreply 82December 13, 2018 8:26 PM

What will happen to his ass if he's no longer jumping quads? Focus on the important things, people.

by Anonymousreply 83December 13, 2018 8:28 PM

R83 Oh my God, you're right. I have one (1) fear now.

by Anonymousreply 84December 13, 2018 8:35 PM

-After discovering the Nagoya (!) hotel receipt under a woman’s name in July which Kozuka couldn’t remember, the wife made a contract that said they would divorce and he’d have to pay alimony if he cheated.

-Kozuka came up with his own pledge: he wouldn’t go out drinking if a party started too late, he would thank his wife twice a day, and he would maintain his weight. He came home drunk in the morning again within a week.

-Before releasing his written statement, Kozuka talked to Bunshun on the phone to explain he was too stunned to answer their questions when they ambushed him on the street. He said his mom takes care of his receipts and she must have made a mistake. He admitted he’s been taken to hostess clubs before by work associates and only went thinking they’d result in more work opportunities that would help him support his family, and he works too hard to a fault. (Bunshun thought they heard his mom telling him what to say.)

-He had a skating demonstration just hours after he left The Intercontinental and fell during his performance.

-Best comment from fans: “Well, he couldn’t do a 4T but he [italic]can[/italic] do a 5P!”

R41 Thank you, but all I’ve done is quickly translate/summarize information, much of which has already been put together by other people. It would be difficult to stay anonymous with a blog and there are a lot of crazy fans who wouldn’t like it at all.

Meanwhile, a new banner for nationals by Fuji to get you angry:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 85December 13, 2018 8:38 PM

R85 What's a 5P?

by Anonymousreply 86December 13, 2018 9:07 PM

R85 Why would the banner make fans angry? I thought it came out before the official WD? They probably just haven't changed it yet.

R86 5-people orgy

by Anonymousreply 87December 13, 2018 9:12 PM

Anybody hear about Med changing her SP for RusNats?

by Anonymousreply 88December 13, 2018 10:06 PM

R87 Thank you. Can't believe I've never heard of that.

by Anonymousreply 89December 13, 2018 10:15 PM

R88 Is she going back to her old self?

by Anonymousreply 90December 13, 2018 10:26 PM

R87 Hanyu isn’t the problem. The theme was very obviously chosen so Takahashi could be included, but they should have two men/two ladies instead of three men/one lady if they're only going to use four skaters. They already chose Takahashi over Tomono in their earlier ad and Kihira is the main highlight of the entire competition.

R88 I don't know but her manager recently gave a lengthy interview about her sponsors.

R44 I think he liked the status that came with marrying his famous and good-looking wife. They had a big celebrity wedding. He could never do better than her. Kozuka talks from above in a way that you can tell he’d expect anyone below him to use deferential language. His commentary also has a condescending tone, except when he talks about Uno. Oda once said he’s the bad kind of “S” (sadist).

R47 Although she’s said she’d never date him, Mao and Kozuka are close friends and still hang out privately.

by Anonymousreply 91December 13, 2018 10:48 PM

Has the scandal quieted down yet ?

by Anonymousreply 92December 13, 2018 11:07 PM

r91 Sounds like he won't be getting the deferential treatment anymore because he failed to be deferential to his not-exactly-a-trophy wife. Karma's a bitch.

by Anonymousreply 93December 13, 2018 11:09 PM

R92 I hope the scandal is just getting started. This couldn't have happened to a more worthy person.

R91 of course Mao is friends with Kozuka. He's probably been great for the family business.

by Anonymousreply 94December 13, 2018 11:16 PM

What did the manager said about Med's sponsors?

by Anonymousreply 95December 13, 2018 11:24 PM

*say

by Anonymousreply 96December 13, 2018 11:25 PM

That Hanyu impersonator always weirded me out (not because he was impersonating him, his entire being just gave off a creepy vibe) so I hope this is the end of that particular venture for him.

by Anonymousreply 97December 13, 2018 11:27 PM

This video was just recommended to me on Youtube and the title gave me a shock for a moment.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 98December 13, 2018 11:31 PM

[quote]of course Mao is friends with Kozuka. He's probably been great for the family business.

Maybe he gets a discount.

by Anonymousreply 99December 13, 2018 11:38 PM

Remember Zagitova's disgusted face when she saw him ?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 100December 13, 2018 11:40 PM

r100 Okay, I'm joining the Zagitova bandwagon. Her face reflects my thoughts exactly: "Wtf is that shit and how is it supposed to be even remotely funny, what the ever living fuck is wrong with this country".

by Anonymousreply 101December 13, 2018 11:45 PM

R100 Zags was the only dignified one of the bunch and she was 15 and wearing a cat costume.

by Anonymousreply 102December 13, 2018 11:57 PM

R101 That's nothing compared to when the Hanyu impersonator imitated Hanyu's NHK fall (yes, that one that took him out for half a season) with exaggeration. It was not funny.

by Anonymousreply 103December 14, 2018 12:06 AM

I don't understand. Is that some sort of comedy show in Japan? That "impersonator" doesn't even resemble Hanyu.

by Anonymousreply 104December 14, 2018 12:08 AM

R103, had no idea he even did that. This is gross. Why is he still allowed to be around.

by Anonymousreply 105December 14, 2018 12:18 AM

R92 Given how sloppy he was, I doubt this is the extent of it for Kozuka. I'm sure this has been going on a long time and he was just used to people looking the other way. He fucked with the wrong media-savvy woman, I guess, so it's all unraveling. I don't get how some attractive, accomplished people (men and women) get so dickmatized by obvious creeps. He looks slow-witted, doesn't seem to make a lot of money and is a bad liar. What gives?

R103 I had heard about this but never saw it. What an asshole. No wonder he and Kozuka got on so well.

by Anonymousreply 106December 14, 2018 12:20 AM

r104 r104 He's got smooth young looking face, I suppose that's enough. I don't think the point is to uncannily resemble Hanyu, but rather do exaggerated Hanyu-like or completely un-Hanyu-like stuff for laughs. I could imagine a comedy routine of doing a Hanyu pre-skate ritual, making a mistake, and having to start the ritual again starting from the coach handshake.

I think I saw one of his routines, maybe here? where he was singing something, somebody was skating, there was an Uno impersonator, and Poohs, which I thought was funny. (Unless it was a different comedian.)

by Anonymousreply 107December 14, 2018 12:25 AM

I saw that R107 and he rubbed "Uno" on the head, like that famous picture. I didn't realize there was a cruel edge though - like the injury reenactment. And being with Kazuka, it starts to make sense that he's an anti. That makes me sad.

by Anonymousreply 108December 14, 2018 12:28 AM

R107, these gigs might serve its humor purpose on a one off basis. But seriously this impersonator has been milking hanyu’s image for way too long. I don’t understand the Japan showbiz culture, this guy is not even funny and how he just managed to survive for months after Olympics. At this point I’d rather see Itsuki impersonating his dearly beloved brother.

by Anonymousreply 109December 14, 2018 12:29 AM

Is this the most talked-about and famous Kozuka's ever been his whole life? It must be great to be able to achieve one's childhood dreams. My heart rejoices for him.

by Anonymousreply 110December 14, 2018 12:35 AM

r109 To be fair, that thing up there was embarassing rather than funny. The only funny thing was Zags failing to pretend to be amused.

by Anonymousreply 111December 14, 2018 12:36 AM

Koz and his programs are as interesting as a potato to me. So yes, prob this is the most buzzed moment of his career. Last time he got so much attention was probably when he knocked out takahashi during a GP comp warm up and he was forced by the dai fans to apologize publicly.

by Anonymousreply 112December 14, 2018 12:54 AM

@TedBarton7 21m21 minutes ago I did an interview with Eteri Tuberidze at the GPF. I found it very interesting, revealing, emotional and mysterious. I believe Eteri is very focused on success for her skaters but also very honest and caring. Coming soon to JGP YouTube. Stay tuned!

Emotional and mysterious? I wish he would also interview Daniil...

by Anonymousreply 113December 14, 2018 2:02 AM

Yoohoo...did you all forget about me already?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 114December 14, 2018 2:52 AM

r114 I thought that was a good cover until I clicked on it and realized that the jeans make him look like he has negative ass

by Anonymousreply 115December 14, 2018 5:04 AM

Check out Daniil G's Instagram. He has some photos that show a hot bod underneath. Plus, he's so cute.

by Anonymousreply 116December 14, 2018 5:28 AM

Well, this pic has the actual bod. No need to resort to your imagination. I think I need more data before I can form any conclusions.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 117December 14, 2018 5:37 AM

Fuji TV announced they will be airing a documentary on Takahashi on Dec 22 at 16:30. “Restart 2018 Ashita he no michi wo sagashite” (Restart 2018 Finding the road to tomorrow) follows Takahashi from when he first learned the choreography for his new programs to his competitions this season. Benoit Richaud should be in it. I think Wilson and Daisuke Murakami will also appear. There will be footage from Toronto.

R95 I need to find the link again. I haven't gone through it. It's very long and requires Google translate in my case (it's in Russian).

R117 Wow, he looks much better compared to his earliest photos though I'm still not convinced he doesn't have tens of bodies buried somewhere.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 118December 14, 2018 7:57 AM

R117 there's nothing to see there.

by Anonymousreply 119December 14, 2018 11:35 AM

I had to go look up this Kozuka fellow because I didn't know who you guys were talking about. Meh.

Damn I miss Yuzu.

by Anonymousreply 120December 14, 2018 12:59 PM

Meagan and the guy better watch out, Uno ubers and Chen ubers will rip them apart. But can't say I don't agree with their criticism of the men at GPF. It was oddly satisfying to have some of the things discussed, like PCS scoring.

This was an enjoyable listen even without the TSL level of gossip. I hope they get more views. TSL has competition.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 121December 14, 2018 1:15 PM

I'm watching this in little bits because my attention span sucks. 2 min in and the tech talk is interesting. Nathan did all his just in the same spot? Didn't even notice.

by Anonymousreply 122December 14, 2018 3:02 PM

Jumps*

by Anonymousreply 123December 14, 2018 3:21 PM

How the hell did Kevin Aymoz score 95.40 for this with a 4T, 3LZ3T, and 3A? 52.32 for "technique"??? WTF is that? It was a good skate, but it wasn't nearly THAT good. Can someone explain the scoring system here?

by Anonymousreply 124December 14, 2018 4:54 PM

Oops, forgot Kevin's video.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 125December 14, 2018 4:55 PM

So here is what happened to all those Poohs that were thrown at Helsinki. Sweet.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 126December 14, 2018 4:57 PM

Kolyada posted an Instastory saying that he's in the hospital now. He has some kind of tube going into his nose but I don't know what that means.

by Anonymousreply 127December 14, 2018 5:26 PM

r121 I listen to that show but he's so flat when he speaks and P.J.'s constant "yup" gets annoying so I only watch it in pieces.

by Anonymousreply 128December 14, 2018 5:41 PM

R127 He could be on oxygen or it could be a nasogastric tube. I hope he's doing okay.

by Anonymousreply 129December 14, 2018 5:47 PM

r125 National scoring always tends to be inflated. That's why people only count international results when discussing stats.

by Anonymousreply 130December 14, 2018 5:48 PM

R128 I tolerate him because he's not afraid to criticise but puts it in a digestible way so he doesn't sound bitchy like Dave.

R130 Right. Like that one year Chen in his first senior season beat or came close to Hanyu's World Record at US Nationals and everyone was so hyped about it as if wasn't inflated.

Or that year during Nationals before Sochi Kovtun shaded Hanyu's inflated score at JPN Nats as if his own at Rus Nats wasn't even more outrageously inflated.

Basically, National scores are interesting and gets interesting reactions. I won't be surprised if JP Nats has Rika at a lower score than Alina at Rus Nats and we'll perhaps see the hoopla and partying with their ubers about that.

by Anonymousreply 131December 14, 2018 6:11 PM

Here's a thread on what's happening to Kolyada. I guess he has sinusitis and may miss rusnats

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 132December 14, 2018 6:38 PM

As much as Hanyu idolizes Plushy, it seems his fate will be more like Yags, having to retire after his second Olympics, in the blaze of glory, because of career-ending injury. At this point he IS trying to play the Plushy long game - missing half a season /entire seasons only to return for the important prizes such as Worlds. But I realistically don't think he can do it long term, not unless he gets a new leg or something. Speaking of which - he should consider the latest technological/medicinal breakthroughs when dealing with his situation. As a student of cognitive sciences, I'm sure he's at least looked into it. At the moment, I'm rather pessimistic when it comes to his future, but he's a very resourceful fellow so he may yet end up surprising me.

by Anonymousreply 133December 14, 2018 6:42 PM

R133 Maybe if everyone including Plush didn't put so much pressure on him to continue until Beijing he could chill a bit. He already puts enough pressure on himself but between his fed, sponsors, the media, the Olympic committee, his fans and his biggest idol, he probably only sees messages of people who wish to see him going for a third Olympics even if that could cripple him.

by Anonymousreply 134December 14, 2018 6:48 PM

I'm gonna check that out R121. A piece of Dave Lease's snark about JPF: The men's singles was like the Supremes without Diana Ross -- watching Mary Wilson vs. Florence Ballard or whoever the backups were, lol. If he does have to retire R134, I sure hope he does something where we can still SEE him sometimes - shows, commentary, oh I'd love to see him act or sing or something. We still need to go throw our Poohs at him!

by Anonymousreply 135December 14, 2018 6:52 PM

* I meant GPF not JPF

by Anonymousreply 136December 14, 2018 6:52 PM

R134, I always thought this was a flaw of his: caring too much what people think of him. As much as outside pressure has motivated him on memorable occassions, in the long run it ends up weakening him.

by Anonymousreply 137December 14, 2018 7:03 PM

R133 He doesn't and will never have the consistency which Plushenko has. And his tech ability has been surpassed by younger skaters. I simply don't see how he can consistently land on podium at Worlds if he doesn't do GPs to prepare for it like Yuna Kim or Plush did. So if he want to continue to be competitive, missing half of season isn't a good idea.

by Anonymousreply 138December 14, 2018 7:09 PM

R134. I just want him to heal completely and be happy. I do see a lot of his fans putting pressure on him and it makes me sad. I believe he will think he needs to please everyone and ends up hurting himself so badly that he won't even be able to do ice shows.

by Anonymousreply 139December 14, 2018 7:22 PM

R138, lol. Like Plushy, all he needs to do at this point is show up. Plushy's 'consistency' amounted to nothing more than getting those good old reputation points regardless of how on form he was (or wasn't) during a competition. You guys are probably too young to remember but at some competition, I forget which, Plushenko got an indecent amount of 6.0, including on tech score, despite falling during his program. (6.0 was the holy grail under the old system, btw, virtually unattainable, like +5 goe today or 10 in PCs)

by Anonymousreply 140December 14, 2018 7:33 PM

Also towards the end of his career, Plushenko missed GPs, even entire seasons, as it suited him, without officially retiring

by Anonymousreply 141December 14, 2018 7:36 PM

R138 He may be surpassed in tech but not in complexity or overall quality. The only reason he'll need the GPS or smaller competitions is if judges goes by politics and inflated boosting like Adelina vs. Yuna in Sochi. I don't see Uno's or Chen's jumps and programs becoming magically better with tons of transitions and varied skating in the next few years. They may very well still continue to be coasting on judges' favor if Hanyu takes a break, like when Plush competed and won without Yags, and if Hanyu returns healed and throw down quality just at a Worlds he should in a fair system still be able to beat them.

by Anonymousreply 142December 14, 2018 7:37 PM

R140 LOL if only Yuzuru had that luxury.

by Anonymousreply 143December 14, 2018 7:46 PM

Here is the Ladies version (if you don't care for Ice Dance like me) it starts at 15:15.

Oooh, even more than Chen and Uno ubers, Meagan and the guy should watch out for the toxic Alina stans that can throw death threats. They (satisfactorily) laid it down thick, even implying that Alina got away with URs because the tech caller was Russian. Lol.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 144December 14, 2018 7:56 PM

R142 You're too naive. You still have trust on judges after seeing Uno's "quads" and Chen's stsq getting +4,+5 GOE across the board. Protocols say Uno's and Chen's quality is on par with Hanyu's already.

by Anonymousreply 145December 14, 2018 8:08 PM

Meagan and PJ are just as insufferable as Dave Lease, albeit in different ways.

by Anonymousreply 146December 14, 2018 8:14 PM

What's up with the Russians getting respiratory illnesses? Is there something in the air? If a third falls....

by Anonymousreply 147December 14, 2018 8:20 PM

R145 That's why it's in a fair world. Plush got lucky at Sochi, getting the 2nd highest SP in the Team Event despite skating a 6.0 program because of his reputation. Hanyu might get lucky (though unlikely). Anyway, brought it up because the poster I referenced mentioned Hanyu being surpassed in "tech" as if that indicates anything when Hanyu won his 2nd OGM and held the highest WR in the old system with lesser quads.

R146 There are gray areas. I can still agree with insufferable people if they're laying down facts or reasonable criticism. PJ though is playing the good cop and adds literally nothing interesting to the discussion.

by Anonymousreply 148December 14, 2018 8:28 PM

Get well soon, Russian Elvis.

by Anonymousreply 149December 14, 2018 8:50 PM

r147 Very possibly. Isn't it a flu/sickness season?

by Anonymousreply 150December 14, 2018 9:27 PM

Sorry to change the topic. I only read the part about Rivaland and Medvedeva’s sponsors.

Med’s manager (who also manages Yagudin) emailed a lot of Japanese companies about sponsoring her and Rivaland was one that responded. There were many other offers, including a company that wanted her to fly to Tokyo every month, but they weren’t doable. (I’m skeptical about this part because he admits none of the Japanese sponsors approached him. He had to reach out and ended up with the mail ordering company.) Her Japanese manager assured the team that Rivaland is “large and reputable,” so they first agreed to the IG posts, then Rivaland sent staff to Toronto to shoot the ads. Med’s team does consider the appropriateness of the products being advertised before agreeing to a sponsorship.

They charge Japanese companies more for Med’s IG posts than they charge Russian companies. Her posts are very expensive, far more than even Olga Buzova’s (?), and she won’t work for little money. Orser doesn’t take a cut, but the fed does and they have to approve of each contract. Med has a new big sponsorship that will be announced soon and the manager is now focused on finding sponsors in North America.

I think the purpose of the interview was to reassure certain people that Med has plenty of money to cover training and living costs. The manager kept repeating himself about Med’s high fees and many offers.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 151December 14, 2018 9:59 PM

I read a post saying Kolyada actually has been sick for longer and that's why he's been so shit this season. R151 So should we imply Med's in fact doesn't have high fees and many offers.

by Anonymousreply 152December 14, 2018 11:08 PM

From dribs and drabs I've gathered, Kolyada has had chronic rhinitis ?? But to be in hospital with a tube going down your nose - sounds like something worse.

As of one hour ago (post at link - in Russian - this is from Google translate):

"Silver medalist of the Olympics, figure skater Mikhail Kolyada will perform at the championship of Russia in Saransk, despite his health problems. This Tass reported coach Valentina Chebotareva. Russian Championship will be held from December 19 to 23…

Earlier, the athlete posted a video from the hospital ward on the Instagram social network, to which he added a comment: 'Preparations for the Russian Championship are a little off course. And this happens, you plan to go to Saransk, and you end up in the hospital. Unfortunately, participation in it is questionable be treated on time, friends.'

'Misha had problems with sinusitis, we had to treat now. But we don’t change anything, we are going to the Russian championship,' Chebotareva said."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 153December 14, 2018 11:21 PM

R153 I read silver medalist of the olympics and that threw me off initially. Had to remind myself of the team event.

Well its unfortunate. And during a season where he should be capitalising on his status as Rus man no.1 too.

by Anonymousreply 154December 15, 2018 12:15 AM

R151: When the only company willing to pay the “high” fees is poop tea and leg slimmers, you aren’t doing too well.

What cut do her people get?

by Anonymousreply 155December 15, 2018 1:22 AM

[quote]I read a post saying Kolyada actually has been sick for longer and that's why he's been so shit this season.

What was his excuse the last 2 seasons, then?

by Anonymousreply 156December 15, 2018 1:44 AM

Just in time for your holiday shopping! The Shibs have launched their own Amazon shop selling tacky logo tees, sweatshirts and Popsockets (whatever those are)! Damn, this crap looks cheap, like they aren't even trying.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 157December 15, 2018 1:50 AM

R157 Who would buy that crap? "Family First"?? I'm guessing they haven't been able to cash in much post-Olympics.

by Anonymousreply 158December 15, 2018 2:19 AM

I think it's fine to have your own merch. Even thr most basic youtubers have them. It's easy money. I'm just embarrassed at how little effort there was put into it and the design. I thought Hanyu's Ciontu was overkill. This is underkill.

by Anonymousreply 159December 15, 2018 2:34 AM

Hanyu is back on the ice at TCC.

Video:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 160December 15, 2018 9:42 AM

All I can think of when I see Yuzu on ice now is his damaged ankle.

by Anonymousreply 161December 15, 2018 9:56 AM

I don't think the woman who took the video realizes what she posted and probably doesn't know the filming policy at the club. At least he's well enough for rehab. She also got Med doing what looks like Orange Sky so she must not have changed her SP.

R155 He didn't go into details, just that he gets commission, the fed gets a cut, and the rest goes to Med, all of which goes to training and other related expenses.

by Anonymousreply 162December 15, 2018 9:57 AM

Nevermind. I can't tell if that's Med for sure though the 2A kind of looks like hers but body looks different, bigger legs but maybe she's just wearing more layers. The jazzy sequence with the hands resembles Orange Sky, but with quite a lot of changes to the choreography.

by Anonymousreply 163December 15, 2018 10:19 AM

Nevermind again. It's Ali Schumacher doing her SP.

by Anonymousreply 164December 15, 2018 10:26 AM

Ekaterina Kurakova SP at Four Nationals. The girl changed her country and training club but not SP and dress.

And for a moment I thought it was Orser who sat with her in the KnC lol

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 165December 15, 2018 10:36 AM

R160 Can't they ban fuckers from the premises when elite skaters are skating or kick them out of the club for filming and posting unauthorized videos. You can expect more hate from people seeing that he is already back on ice while skipping nats and writing that withdrawal message where it seemed he was still in a bad shape. Not to mention MedoYuzu shippers who are once again not going to shut up seeing as we haven't seen a single training session where these 2 don't train together since she moved there. How hard is it to impose a total ban really.

by Anonymousreply 166December 15, 2018 11:01 AM

R166 dude c'mon. It's fine. People is always going to write rude shit on the internet anyway.

by Anonymousreply 167December 15, 2018 11:14 AM

R166 Why so serious? Chill, otherwise, this place will stress oversensitive you out.

Did Javier intend to train in Spain for Euro ? Barely 1.5 month until EC and he's still fucking around with events, award ceremony, ice shows in Spain.

by Anonymousreply 168December 15, 2018 11:17 AM

Speaking of, when is spanish nationals gala, anyone know? I cant see the Hanyu vid either, has it already been taken down?

by Anonymousreply 169December 15, 2018 11:28 AM

R167 R168 I just don't get this attention whoring society where for a few quick likes or reblogs some cunt thinks it's fine to post pictures or videos of people without their consent and when she had to sign a fucking non disclosure paper to be in thar place in the first place. Fuck her and all that enable this kind of behaviour. They are no better than stalkers really.

As for Javi, I hope his laziness comes and bites him in the ass and that Brezina takes the gold next month.

by Anonymousreply 170December 15, 2018 11:38 AM

Guys, why are you immediately assuming Someone didnt want this video to get out? People were in the middle of worrying about him, doubting his future etc, and now bam-this video. Are we even sure it's recent? It could have been taken at TCC anytime and posted only now for max effect. Take a selfie on ice with todays paper, Hanyu :)))

by Anonymousreply 171December 15, 2018 11:44 AM

France Nationals

1) Meite 186.46

2) Lecavelier 177.54

3) Frostsicher 149.25

Men

1) Aymoz 262.65

2) Siao Fa 226.36

3) Tesson 204.61

Ponsart withdrew after SP

France have 2 spots at Euros for both Men and Ladies

The 2 Ladies choice are a given. Aymoz will be there. I guess they would go for Ponsart anyway as second man. Fa will do Junior Worlds. But French Fed is French Fed, they can do whatever they want and get away with it

by Anonymousreply 172December 15, 2018 1:00 PM

Anyone know the men's results for Israeli Nats?

by Anonymousreply 173December 15, 2018 1:14 PM

So now naive fanyus are defending the girl who posted that video saying she likely had no clue who he was. Lol yes an Asian girl going to TCC and having no clue about the biggest figure skater in history skating there and by chance out of all the training sessions happening daily posting one where he is there. At this level naivety is a mental issue. She might have thought she was being sneaky by not tagging his name but she put tcc as location and thousands of fans around the world are monitoring tcc activities in general so really no way it wasn't intentional. That's why I can't handle regular fanyus, in particular Western ones. So many of them are dense as brick. I saw recently some of them complaining that poor Kozuka's dad was being attacked by some other fanyus. Not to mention that a lot of them were also defending Kozuka himself despite all the shit he has done and said until the most recent events where they finally discovered he was a piece of trash.

by Anonymousreply 174December 15, 2018 2:40 PM

Is Alysa Liu eligible for US Nats ? I want to see if she can land 3A and beat a flawed Tennel ?

by Anonymousreply 175December 15, 2018 3:08 PM

R175 yes, she is doing Senior Nationals

Italian Nats have started. Livestream is here. Short dance now. Then Senior Ladies SP at 7PM (Italian time) followed by Senior Men SP at 8:40pm and Senior Pairs SP 9.55PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 176December 15, 2018 4:11 PM

Maybe a little off-topic but looking at Japanese skating twitter I've noticed a lot of usernames are just long strings of letters and numbers, as if they keysmashed when they signed up for the account. (Example: naughty Hanyu cosplayer is "b2v9yZOwObxr926" and Minoru Sano is "sbk1DhkiYz0u0aT".) Is it literally keysmashing because of the language barrier (who cares what my handle is in the Latin alphabet because everything else is gonna be in Japanese anyway) or is it a trend or something else?

by Anonymousreply 177December 15, 2018 4:32 PM

what kind of animal has Didier killed for the K&C?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 178December 15, 2018 5:02 PM

Livestream from Spanish Nationals

now warm up of Senior Ladies and Senior Men...yes, they are so few that they do a single group for Men and Ladies.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 179December 15, 2018 5:15 PM

Raya 64.61

Hector something...."muy muy charismatico" according to the commentator 70.75

by Anonymousreply 180December 15, 2018 5:26 PM

FINLAND

Virtanen lost the SP to Galay

Lindfors 62 Peltonen 58 in Ladies SP

SWEDEN

Old Majorov 82 Young Majorov 71 the third place is at 55

Algotsson leading easily among Ladies

AUSTRIA

Zandron 82 Meierhofer 71

Zandron's last competition for Italy is 11th February 2018. So he can't go to Euros. He can go to Worlds

4 NATIONS

Matyas Belohradsk wins with 206 points. Ihor Raznichenko is the top Polish man

SWITZERLAND

Paganini lost SP to Lehmann

Britschigi leading among Men with 71. Sahaka second with 68

by Anonymousreply 181December 15, 2018 5:49 PM

R181 a day of major upsets I see.

by Anonymousreply 182December 15, 2018 6:55 PM

Will Raya always be the Spanish #2 man no matter who's active or retired?

by Anonymousreply 183December 15, 2018 7:05 PM

Grassl scored 81 in the SP

Rizzo is in the next group

by Anonymousreply 184December 15, 2018 7:06 PM

87 for Rizzo

by Anonymousreply 185December 15, 2018 7:40 PM

r176 I find it puzzling that you managed to find a Kozuka-defending fanyus. Over at PH they either couldn't care less or sympathize with the wife.

r172 Is the reason for Pontsart's withdrawal known? His programs are awful this season, the only good things are the ass and face and Raf's pep talk. If Siao Him Fa does well at Junior Worlds maybe they'll send him to senior ones.

r162 One more confirmation that Feds take a cut of a skater's earnings.

by Anonymousreply 186December 15, 2018 8:05 PM

R186 Ponsart has problems at his backside. I don't know the details.

France have just 1 spot at Worlds. I guess it is Aymoz's to lose

by Anonymousreply 187December 15, 2018 8:10 PM

r187 Ah, thanks! I hope Aymoz gets the chance, he's been doing way better all season.

by Anonymousreply 188December 15, 2018 8:27 PM

r174 It isn't comparable to the Chinese skater and the bus stop poster fan who only went to TCC to stalk Hanyu and shared video with fan groups. This person was invited to some holiday party at the club. Her camera followed Schumacher and the video was posted among several photos she took at TCC. It's too early to assume she wasn't just a guest with poor filming etiquette. Hanyu isn't famous everywhere and she could be a Canadian local.

Johnny Weir announced he's going to be on a Fuji special with Kozuka (nice timing with the name drop, Johnny), Ando, and Sarah Meier. The show is hosted by the same host of Fuji's "Viking," the afternoon talk show where Bunshun was invited to share their findings and the host completely ripped Kozuka to shreds for half an hour because he's a big fan of the wife. What's more, Kozuka is also scheduled to appear on Viking this week, but the host said he'd better not show up. No cancellations have been announced yet.

Kozuka was at the Rise skating rink yesterday where he signed the wall, promising to upload a video of himself to IG if he lands a 3A. (You can see photo and video from Uno fans with #小塚崇彦 )

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 189December 15, 2018 9:41 PM

R186 Not 174, but I've seen fanyus defending Kozuka's father - usually the young, western variety who think they're setting an example for what a good skating fan should look like - one who cheers for many skaters, who emphasizes only the good, who doesn't indulge in nasty gossip. Also, I think they're just uninformed about Kozuka's father. If it weren't for JDC, I wouldn't have known about him.

by Anonymousreply 190December 15, 2018 9:47 PM

See, if it weren't for JDC, I would have thought this was just a picture of Kozuka holding a mic and not a remote controlled vibrator he's promoting and that he's writing on the wall - "pay me and I'll put whatever you want up my ass because I have a family to support. xoxo Kozuka 12/15/2018."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 191December 15, 2018 9:55 PM

190 those fans are killjoys. I ended up here trying to run away from them.

by Anonymousreply 192December 15, 2018 10:05 PM

R165 Thanks for posting the Kurakova video. I'm curious about what will happen to her, now that she's changed countries and can take more time to develop. I like her skating, but her jumps seem small and UR. However, I think someone in another thread mentioned that she's jumping quads, so maybe was just uncharacteristic.

by Anonymousreply 193December 15, 2018 10:48 PM

Mucho-hetero Javi makes an appearance after maybe-hetero Javi eye-fucked Eric on Instragram. Javi has something for everyone, I guess.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 194December 15, 2018 11:34 PM

Lmao. Oh, javi...

by Anonymousreply 195December 16, 2018 12:16 AM

R194 LOL

I hope Brezina steps up at Europeans and kicks some Spanish ass.

by Anonymousreply 196December 16, 2018 12:16 AM

R174. I'm a western fanyu and there is no way this person didn't know who Hanyu was. She never should have posted the video on sns. I saw people defending her and I just won't. The guy will probably get more shit from his antis now.

by Anonymousreply 197December 16, 2018 2:47 AM

Is the ‘Gram post in [R194] proof that Javi reads here? If so, ¡Hola, Javi! 👋 Don’t forget to bring an SP to Minsk next month!

by Anonymousreply 198December 16, 2018 2:50 AM

R197 I think it's likely she might not know Hanyu but the toxic backlash from the crazy ubers as well as the overeager sympathizers trying to act like the perfect fan are both equally annoying.

by Anonymousreply 199December 16, 2018 2:59 AM

R197 The person went to a holiday party at TCC, took pictures of the food and seemed to be filming another skater as Hanyu briefly came into view. I think it's plausible she didn't know she was filming Hanyu.

He's in his rehab period, which includes skating on ice. He also looks like he's skating very carefully. How does this contradict his WD statement in any way? The antis will come after him for breathing, why blame it on this person?

by Anonymousreply 200December 16, 2018 3:03 AM

Guys I think you need to think outside of a FS fan perspective sometimes. Really, to a total stranger who likely had no clue who he is. This must have scared the shit out of her.

As for the camera policy, I honestly don’t know if the club actually informs all the guests who goes there for holiday party. Not trying to come up with excuses for this person. But I’m trying to relate to my other experiences going to private golf club for holiday dinner/wedding banquet, really, the last thing I have on my mind is to take sneak shots of the club members, however famous that person is in his/her own field. Hanyu was in his team japan jacket but he’s so low profile on ice, even many fans didn’t manage to spot him in the video first round. I really doubt she did this on purpose. Anyways she deleted the post now, so can we move on and stop debating who are the better fans in this scenario. Let’s not be so obssessed about the fans. This talk really getting stale.

by Anonymousreply 201December 16, 2018 3:13 AM

Okay but since I haven't thrown my 2 cents yet, let me just say two things then I'll move on: There's no way she could've 'not known' who was training at TCC, because if she was there for a party, I'm sure TCC was previously discussed and the fact that the 2 time OGM trains there would've surely popped into convo. Second, there's just no way she could've not known about the TCC policy of not filming the skaters without their permission, because I'm sure she was informed about this. But I agree that this may have been done with Hanyu's knowledge and could be a way of letting us know, without being too forward about it, that Hanyu has started ice rehab and we shouldn't hold a career funeral for him just yet.

by Anonymousreply 202December 16, 2018 6:42 AM

So I basically agree that Hanyu's 'superfans' should learn to chill from time to time. Anyway, hi Javi! Damn but you got some fine weather in Spain for this time of year, so jelly!

by Anonymousreply 203December 16, 2018 6:49 AM

r202 You sure know a lot and are sure of a lot for a person who never set a foot in there.

by Anonymousreply 204December 16, 2018 7:37 AM

Even though Brezina is a 28 year old married guy, would he still be considered a twink?

by Anonymousreply 205December 16, 2018 7:44 AM

R173 according to a report on FSU, Samohin won with 243.56 and Bychenko was second with 237.24

by Anonymousreply 206December 16, 2018 7:49 AM

R202 Hanyu is not using random guests to send out secret messages to fans and TCC is not a skating rink but a large country club with many different facilities used by wealthy and influential people from the area. They're can't shut down the club and debrief everyone who enters whenever Hanyu's around.

R205 He needs to look like one first.

Fuji released a new nationals CM which only features Takahashi:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 207December 16, 2018 7:52 AM

Is there a second, more obscure definition of twink that I don't know about that means "regular looking 28 year old dude in a button up shirt"? If so, then yes.

by Anonymousreply 208December 16, 2018 7:54 AM

R207 I like Takahashi's skating, but the promo around him is so out of proportion with his impact on the field that it's annoying me. Given the depth of the ladies' field and Rika's rise, they should have shifted focus to the ladies.

by Anonymousreply 209December 16, 2018 7:59 AM

Schedule of the Day (Central Europe Time)

9:15 Ladies FS Belarus

10:40 Free Dance Italy

11:30 Ladies FS Sweden

11:55 Ladies FS Italy

12:20 Ladies FS Austria

12:49 Pairs FS Switzerland

13:02 Men FS Switzerland

13:47 Ladies FS Switzerland

13:50 Men FS Austria

13:55 Men FS Italy

14:00 Men FS Sweden

12:30 Men FS Belarus

14:45 Free Dance Spain

15:15 Pairs FS Spain

15:25 Pairs FS Italy

14:34 Free Dance Finland

14:43 Men FS Finland

14:00 Free Dance Belarus

15:30 Ladies FS Finland

17:15 Men FS Spain

17:15 Ladies FS Spain

by Anonymousreply 210December 16, 2018 8:19 AM

R204, R207, I've never been at TCC but I have been in other clubs and I know that organizations can't afford to be lax these days about privacy issues. It may be more so in Europe due to GDPR but still. Agree to disagree.

by Anonymousreply 211December 16, 2018 9:06 AM

If I were Uno, I would be shitting kittens right now. His own country no longer seems interested and the tech panel is suddenly onto him (could be related). What's next, will Meriguet ghost him and not show up to any of his competitions? Will Itsuki have to drum up interest by revealing increasingly intimate details about their relationship, like that time mom found them spooning naked in bed and completely overreacted? So strict!

by Anonymousreply 212December 16, 2018 9:09 AM

R211 I don't understand why GDPR would apply in this context, even if TCC were in Europe. GDPR pertains to a company's handling and processing of personal data. Even assuming a video of a barely recognizable Hanyu could be considered "personal data," TCC isn't the one handling/collecting that data.

by Anonymousreply 213December 16, 2018 10:04 AM

Kurakova's FS. 1st place for her. Her jumps have been small like this like forever. Still juniorish. Better than Med anyway, she should be the top female skater at TCC.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 214December 16, 2018 11:16 AM

Lukas Britschigi is the new Swiss Champion

Matilda Algottson has won in Sweden

Alessia Tornaghi has won in Italy. She was born on 3 July 2003...so not yet age eligible for Euro? Second place is also from 2003. I am not sure who will be selected (they have 2 spots. Kostner can have one if she wants). They use a ranking system with sum of Nationals + 2 best International events (minus choreo sequence in Senior scores).

Guignard/Fabbri won Ice Dance in Italy. Fioretti/Tessari and Moscheni/Fabbri go to European with them

Manni/Rothlisberger win Ice Dance in Switzerland. They go to Euro. IIIRC they don't have minimum TES for Worlds yet.

by Anonymousreply 215December 16, 2018 12:09 PM

Swedish livestream has even the live TEX box

oh well, a guy just splatted

by Anonymousreply 216December 16, 2018 12:23 PM

r211 And the country clubs you were at warned the guests about who the members are and issued a ban on videoing for the holiday-dinner guests. And that's how you know that TCC does it too because all country clubs are the same. Got it.

by Anonymousreply 217December 16, 2018 12:28 PM

Sweden

1) Alexander Majorov 253.20

2) Nikolaj Majorov 196.30

So Majorov brothers will go together at Euros

by Anonymousreply 218December 16, 2018 12:54 PM

R217 I live and work in the EU and that was the etiquette even before the new data protection regulation. Unless it's a public setting no pictures are allowed to be taken and reposted without explicit approval. And believe me I have seen pictures or videos with faces way more blurred still get cut off because we did not have the authorization from the participants to get their pictures taken. Nowadays most events or places in Europe will have clear paragraphs on that in their rules which you need to sign. But I guess elsewhere people don't give a shit about respecting privacy. I don't care who that lady was and if she knew Yuzu or not (I don't buy it tbh) but you don't post footage from inside a private place without the consent of whomever you shot. And if you don't have it, then you restrain your attention whoreness and don't post it.

by Anonymousreply 219December 16, 2018 1:27 PM

Italy

1) Grassl 246.10

2) Rizzo 241.62

3) Della Torre 191.27

Rizzo didn't take it well. He stormed off the K&C

by Anonymousreply 220December 16, 2018 1:32 PM

Is Daniel Grassl going to Worlds and EC ?

by Anonymousreply 221December 16, 2018 1:38 PM

R209 I understand the promo around Dai over Uno. Dai was the first medalist for Japan at Olympics, Worlds, and GPF. At one time he was the face of men's figure skating for Japan. Dai has a story about coming back that the media can spin a narrative around. Uno is the OSM who yet again failed to win another big medal internationally. If we're talking about gold medals at the big ISU events only it's still Dai>Uno. Uno's only compelling narrative at Nats would be making bets about how much he can fall and still win another Nats title. His best performances doesn't necessarily come at Nats either.

I would prefer if they focused on the ladies, but when in the 4 people promo poster they had Satoko over Rika, well they're a little behind on the hype. Rika is Japan's only hope for gold at Worlds, but I fear the Japanese judges at Nats won't get the memo and lower her internationally earned PCS or put Satoko over her if she falters a little. This is the time to support their no.1 ladies skater.

R212 Uno is probably happy to hide behind Rika and Dai's shadow with Hanyu's WD. I think the GPF calls was just to make sure Chen gets at the top of the podium, not necessarily an indication of how judging will go regarding him. Although it's a headscratcher how he doesn't have a reputation for bad quads yet internationally despite already 4 seasons of doing the same thing.

I wish Dai would focus on his renown performance abilities during Nats. It'd be interesting to see the copycat and the original back to back, and if Dai fans will rage if Uno gets higher PCS than Dai, which they were gearing up to do if Hanyu scored higher than Dai in PCS anyway.

by Anonymousreply 222December 16, 2018 1:38 PM

R221 Euros for sure as Italy have 2 spots.

Senior World spot will be decided after Euros. Based on a ranking summing

Nationals

Best international result in an event taking place before Nationals

Best international result in an event taking place after Nationals

another international event regardless if it is before or after

by Anonymousreply 223December 16, 2018 1:43 PM

Alexia won!

by Anonymousreply 224December 16, 2018 2:27 PM

R224 Yay!!!

by Anonymousreply 225December 16, 2018 2:28 PM

Viveva Lindfors beats Emmie Peltonen by 11 points. Do Finland have 2 spots at Euros?

Roman Galay is the new Finnish Men Champion

Oh well, Switzerland have 2 Ladies spots at Euros...who will do a trip to Minsk with Alexia?

by Anonymousreply 226December 16, 2018 2:59 PM

What is the difference between figure skating and ice dancing?

by Anonymousreply 227December 16, 2018 3:16 PM

Poor Shoma. Never seems to get a break.

by Anonymousreply 228December 16, 2018 3:16 PM

R227 Pair skating is boy lifts the girl + boy throws the girl + boy and girl jump

Ice Dance is boy lifts the girl. And that's it

by Anonymousreply 229December 16, 2018 3:19 PM

R227 this is ice dancing

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 230December 16, 2018 3:24 PM

Hector Alonso is the new Spanish Champion and will get second spot at Euro

by Anonymousreply 231December 16, 2018 3:30 PM

You're kidding! What the fuck, Raya? Can't you even win against 1 (one) guy? I watched his FP at Golden Spin and it wasn't half bad... Did he fuck up entirely or was Alonso just better?

by Anonymousreply 232December 16, 2018 4:25 PM

Javier Fernandez should stay to win more 20 Nationals titles and set WR for that.

by Anonymousreply 233December 16, 2018 4:28 PM

R232 Raya won FS but it wasn't enough to make the SP deficit

Alonso 191.8 Raya 189.22

Protocols of the FS here

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 234December 16, 2018 4:56 PM

Here's Hector's FS.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 235December 16, 2018 4:59 PM

Grassl FS at Italian Championships today

The female coach took an hour to understand the score

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 236December 16, 2018 5:02 PM

Oh Javi 2. Sheesh. Maybe too much time on Grindr?

Another proof that TCC isn't a magic elixer - the magic is in 'em before they get there. (I think Med's magic might have been the wicked witch of the east Eteri.)

by Anonymousreply 237December 16, 2018 5:05 PM

So who won, Hurtado or Diaz?

by Anonymousreply 238December 16, 2018 5:09 PM

R238 Hurtado 180.16 Diaz 178.68

by Anonymousreply 239December 16, 2018 5:10 PM

the guy who was second (out of 2) in Pairs in Spain

Check the stylish hashtags

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 240December 16, 2018 5:24 PM

R239 Oh noes! Turkish judge strikes again?

by Anonymousreply 241December 16, 2018 5:26 PM

R237 If you follow Russian novice/ juniors, I bet it will take you a century to find the answer to the question why bad skaters like Med and Zag, especially Med with her shitty technique and spins, can rise to the top and be considered as one of the best just by their consistency. Russia has a lot of talented skaters whose qualities are way better than those two. It's laughable they win Worlds, Olympics medals, set WR here and there, get absurd scores, win tons of competitions by a large margin just because they are consistent.

by Anonymousreply 242December 16, 2018 5:26 PM

R205, see r240 for definition of "twink"

by Anonymousreply 243December 16, 2018 5:28 PM

R240 you must have selected that post for the hashtags, because our friend Pedro has a few more DL-appropriate pictures, like this one.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 244December 16, 2018 5:37 PM

The Spanish judge

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 245December 16, 2018 5:42 PM

R242 I'm newly back to skating and never followed it seriously before - but I'm more stunned about Med's successes than anything else in skating. At least Patrick really did have good skating skills. So it's merely the consistency? Eteri saw that was what was needed at that point? And now she's developing tech in her girls because that's the new thing - or at least it was under the last set of ISU rules where rotating a quad and falling was still just fine...

Oh I don't know. I assume Med was more fetching as a youngster - and now she just looks a mess - her flaws are much more apparent as a senior. I can't believe she ever beat Satoko because her [Med's] jumps suck too. Was Satoko inconsistent? or her fed just didn't bother with her? I should stop with all this guessing because I don't know enough... But you'd think Brian Orser could objectively watch Med skate and realize he was on a fool's errand to turn her into a winner if she skates for RUSSIA.

Now 'maybe' past glories could have carried her through to Beijing if she were skating for Armenia, but how is she ever going to compete with all the up-and-comers Kihira, Eunsoo Lim, Kostornaia, Trusova, Scherbakova, hell even Tuk or Zags or Kaori? I just don't see it. She's not as good! Even skating for Armenia, I doubt she'd make the podium. Skating for Russia, I can't imagine her even making the team. I agree with Dave Lease: Russia should send the three from GPF to Worlds - not Med.

by Anonymousreply 246December 16, 2018 6:17 PM

R246 I've followed Brian Orser as a coach for years and I don't know what the hell he was thinking when he agreed to take on Evgenia. Her technique was never good to begin with and was failing her even before she was injured.

by Anonymousreply 247December 16, 2018 6:50 PM

But how many Orser's students have good technique ?

by Anonymousreply 248December 16, 2018 6:55 PM

R246 I’ve never watched skating in my life, but I’m more stunned about Hanyu’s successes than anything else since I discovered sliced bread. At least Patrick did have good skating skills. Is it merely that others sucked more? Plus an added Orser bonus? I could sorta see past glories carrying him through to Beijing if he skated for the US, but how could he ever hope to compete with all the talent in JAPAN? Mind boggles! Boggles, I tell you!

Now I’m off to watch artistic gymnastics. Never watched it before, but I’ve got half an hour to spare, so hopefully I’ll be able to figure out how the past champions all suck!

by Anonymousreply 249December 16, 2018 6:56 PM

Thanks for the non-squitur, r219. How does that all make r211 anymore knowledgeable about whether the video taker had any idea who Hanyu was or whether TCC actually issued a video-taking ban to their holiday-dinner guests?

by Anonymousreply 250December 16, 2018 7:04 PM

R222 I'm not questioning Dai's legacy vs. Uno. I wasn't clear, but I was talking about Dai's current and future competitiveness outside of JNats and his impact on the field there (although, with everyone dropping like flies this season...). Compare this to someone like Rika who has a chance to win Worlds this year and has a bright future. I think I'm just annoyed that the ladies aren't being promoted more than the men, STILL.

by Anonymousreply 251December 16, 2018 7:10 PM

R246 Consistency is a thing when almost no skaters consistently pulled off 2 clean skates in one competition, which is still considered as "rare" until now, but obviously there are more and more skaters managing to skate clean 2 programs in a row. Then we have some skaters like Kihira with three 3As who even didn't need Med's level consistency to get PCS boost and win. Consistency is still important but with recent FS revolution you need more. I think Eteri foresee it and let her girls train quads and 3A.

by Anonymousreply 252December 16, 2018 7:13 PM

R252, No way Eteri's kids are keeping those quads. Even Trusova's quads are mainly a huge swing and a miss, especially in international comps, and she's about to hit puberty (already growing at a great rate). I really don't understand how the Eteri fan girls are so convinced that the quad girls are going to be winning everything next year, when the strongest skater by far in that group is kostornaia.

by Anonymousreply 253December 16, 2018 7:21 PM

I'm sorry, it's really hard to follow this conversation or give a shit about Russian girls when I keep staring at the judge's monster bulge @ R245.

Spanish guys are so fucking hot.

by Anonymousreply 254December 16, 2018 7:24 PM

R254 I've been trying to figure it out myself. It looks like a bowling pin.

by Anonymousreply 255December 16, 2018 7:27 PM

Hasn't Kostornaia been training a 3A? I hope she (and Rika) stay healthy. If Hanyu retires, women might make it worth continuing to watch. After GPF, I'm a little bummed with the men. Could change if Jin and Kolyada ever get back on track. (I was just reading about Kolyada and he took trains to all his comps except Zagreb because planes are making his health problem worse - nose/ears/whatever it is - and Yuzuru complained about needing a day or two for his ears to recover from flying - I think he said that in Russia but maybe Finland.) I hadn't thought about that before but a lot of people have that problem w/flying.

by Anonymousreply 256December 16, 2018 7:28 PM

Whether it's worth doing or not, Rika's training quads (4T and 4S). She said Ghislain used videos of Hanyu to help her. I guess their body types being so similar? (j/k)

by Anonymousreply 257December 16, 2018 7:30 PM

Although... I saw a photo of that girl flexing her arm muscles, and Rika is ripped! Her biceps might actually be comparable to Yuzu's.

by Anonymousreply 258December 16, 2018 7:32 PM

R254 It doesn't make up for his busted face and flat ass.

R257 I think Hanyu has a more girlish figure than Rika.

by Anonymousreply 259December 16, 2018 7:32 PM

Are you all really advocating Kihira's overscoring? She's getting just as overscored as Med and Zag were, is it to satisfy some weird sense of justice that Japanese skaters should get overscored too?

r248 Good question, but kinda hard to answer because Orser mostly gets the ready-made material. Hanyu got the 4S and 4lo and 4Lz under him and Briand so there's that. I guess we should be looking at Cha, who's got a bit of an UR problem, but his take-offs seem fine.

r253 Well, given the trends, they probably will be winning, one or another because there are many of them and bad technique won't be punished. They won't last long, but they'll be winning. The Japanese are still a bit behind, and one Kihira may not be enough.

by Anonymousreply 260December 16, 2018 7:32 PM

R252 I'm right there with you. I waiting for someone to mention it.

by Anonymousreply 261December 16, 2018 7:33 PM

R253 Whether or not her girls can keep their quads when they hit puberty is another story. But Eteri obviously foresaw quad and 3A rise in ladies and that consistency isn't enough. In a way she was right. So far junior skaters like Alysa Liu, You Young already landed their 3As and "quads". Kihira has been training quads ( and landed them in practice) too.

by Anonymousreply 262December 16, 2018 7:34 PM

Yes, thanks R252. I finally understand! Interesting that that's been Bradie's calling card too, with a few slip-ups this year.

by Anonymousreply 263December 16, 2018 7:41 PM

I don't care about Kihira's overscoring because compared to Alina and Med's ugly skating, she is at least watchable. Med has her open mouth choreography and ugly tanos that are hard to miss although this season without that she is a cardboard mess. Alina has the ugliest bent over posture that is also hard to miss and the most labored skating - her 9's in skating skills are the most wtf and her stans comparing her to Hanyu are missing screws. Thank god the judges are gifting Kihira. If Med and Alina deserved 9's in their prime I shrug my shoulders at the much more deserving Kihira. The ubers screaming favorites when their Russian girls aren't the exception can get mad all they want.

by Anonymousreply 264December 16, 2018 7:45 PM

Kihira is overscored but compared to Zag or Med level of overscoring, hers appears more forgivable. I dislike overscoring generally so for me, overscoring is overscoring regardless of who get those bonus.

by Anonymousreply 265December 16, 2018 7:53 PM

Kihira's PCS was almost equal to Zags, despite being a better skater imo. Looking at the leap from Kihira's actual skills to her scores vs Zags' actual skills to her scores, or even Med's actual skills to her scores, the latter is much harder to believe.

by Anonymousreply 266December 16, 2018 8:10 PM

They wouldn't have to overscore Kihira if they hadn't been overscoring Med for years and years and then Zags when she started rising. If you look at the placement rather than the numbers then it's more than fair even though like r266 I think Kihira is better. In a fair world Satoko would beat all of them.

by Anonymousreply 267December 16, 2018 8:15 PM

The podium at French Nationals....really, from which basement they brought it out?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 268December 16, 2018 9:24 PM

Well, maybe Fuji does have something against Tomono. New ad features seven ladies in small and three men: Takahashi, Uno, and… Sota Yamamoto.

They’re also reluctant to promote Kihira despite her being the main focus for the rest of the media. The banner on Fuji TV’s main page only has Uno, Miyahara and Takahashi.

The ticket ads by Lawson (not Fuji) took a very different approach although they were made earlier in the season. Competition: l-tike. com/sports/mevent/?mid=382362 Gala: l-tike. com/sports/mevent/?mid=384416

r268 I like that they decorated the first storage box, then gave up on the rest, unless they’re backwards?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 269December 16, 2018 9:45 PM

Here’s the ad for 2017 Japan nationals (even Tanaka made it!) for comparison:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 270December 16, 2018 9:47 PM

R269 if the silver and bronze boxes are backward, they placed backward for eveyrone. It was the same for Men.

I see no plastic stars. But no flowers, too expensive and they don't have a purpose

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 271December 16, 2018 9:55 PM

Poor Tomono. Why do they hate him

by Anonymousreply 272December 16, 2018 10:01 PM

French fed spent all their money on the lit horse (literally)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 273December 16, 2018 10:07 PM

Does anyone know at what age or year Yuzu started appearing on JNats ads?

by Anonymousreply 274December 16, 2018 10:10 PM

In Sweden they stole the flowers from some cemetery along with the whole bush

I love the 1-2-3. Just in case somone gets confused

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 275December 16, 2018 10:11 PM

R272, Tomono could be the threat to takahashi’s ticket to worlds, at least from Fuji’s perspective perhaps. I don’t imagine JSF has to worry much about who they will end up sending since results can be easily manipulated with the GOE+5 system. Some Dai fans are already pre-celebrating his National title on twitter.

by Anonymousreply 276December 16, 2018 10:12 PM

R273 wow, I want the lit horse presenting the plastic stars next year!

Apparently, France had Pogosplat as special guest at the Gala

by Anonymousreply 277December 16, 2018 10:13 PM

[quote] Tomono could be the threat to takahashi’s ticket to worlds

to go to Worlds, Takahashi first needs to show up to one of the shitty competitions in Europe earlier this year to get the minimum TES. Japan usually do the Challenge Cup in the Netherlands (it ends on 24th Feb, the last week to get the TES in order to qualify for Worlds).

by Anonymousreply 278December 16, 2018 10:17 PM

R278 I was wondering about this. Will JSF wait to announce the World's team if Takahashi does well enough at Nats to justify sending him over younger skaters? Or will they just name him and send the alternate if he can't get the minimum TES.

by Anonymousreply 279December 16, 2018 10:24 PM

r274 Posters from 2010 to 2012:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 280December 16, 2018 10:29 PM

r273 No wonder they couldn't decorate the rest of the boxes. But you do have to admire their creativity.

I forgot that it was Sota's performance that supposedly inspired Takahashi to return to competitive skating and Fuji is promoting them together now (or more like using Sota to promote Takahashi). Uno is on his own though Itsuki does have his second book signing on Sunday.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 281December 16, 2018 10:34 PM

[R280] thanks! So it’s definitely not junior -senior thing . Just blatant favoritism.

by Anonymousreply 282December 16, 2018 10:48 PM

Did anyone catch Javier's gala performance or have a link to it?

by Anonymousreply 283December 16, 2018 11:21 PM

LOL should Kazuki care about not being on the poster? If anything, it's his self appointed coach Misha Ge being afraid his student doesn't get enough spotlight so that he can steal some.

by Anonymousreply 284December 16, 2018 11:23 PM

This should be the poster!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 285December 16, 2018 11:30 PM

Misha Ge was a bit creepy at Rostelecom cup. IMO

by Anonymousreply 286December 16, 2018 11:38 PM

R284 I think the question is more, will the marketing push for Dai coincide with a PCS push that will be unfair to the younger guys? I want Dai to just do well and get to Worlds on his own merits. It would suck if Tomono gets unfairly overlooked since he helped secure that third spot. None of the younger guys are looking great or consistent this season so I'm not ready to cry foul on sending Dai yet. Dai winning nats over Shoma is not something I can see though.

by Anonymousreply 287December 16, 2018 11:44 PM

R287 WTF with being on the poster having something with PCS boost ? If so, Yuzuru should get PCS as big as his face on posters.

by Anonymousreply 288December 16, 2018 11:51 PM

I think JNats isn’t thinking internationally, just increasing national viewership - which is fine.

The only Japanese skaters who are true competitors for Worlds are Yuzu and Shoma. Geez- Shoma needs some consistency though.

by Anonymousreply 289December 16, 2018 11:51 PM

R289 Shoma has been getting the 275-277 total score range in all competitions this season. He has also been the go to silver medalist for any GPF/Worlds/Olympics/4CC comps in the past 18 months. I can’t think of a skater that has been more consistent.

by Anonymousreply 290December 17, 2018 12:04 AM

R289 Just no. He already got overscored. Imagine if he is more consistent...

by Anonymousreply 291December 17, 2018 12:15 AM

The nation of Japan and this Datalounge thread have much in common.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 292December 17, 2018 12:26 AM

It’s expectations. Shoma- consistent silver medalist. REALLY!! Put some black on your blades and aim for GOLD. When Yuzu can’t make GPF- it’s your best chance.

by Anonymousreply 293December 17, 2018 12:29 AM

Shoma just needs an auxiliary coach.

by Anonymousreply 294December 17, 2018 12:38 AM

r294 Be real Misha, Shoma's not big enough to keep both you and Itsuki afloat.

by Anonymousreply 295December 17, 2018 12:47 AM

R292 I can't believe this.

by Anonymousreply 296December 17, 2018 12:48 AM

R288 Yes, it's completely unheard of for JSF to aggressively market a skater while inflating his PCS and GOEs to unreasonable heights that his tiny goblin body would not otherwise be able to scale unassisted.

by Anonymousreply 297December 17, 2018 12:50 AM

r292 What does the sign over the postar say?

by Anonymousreply 298December 17, 2018 12:56 AM

They should have chosen this photo. It showcases his big heart.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 299December 17, 2018 12:58 AM

So anyone know what's up with Rika's sister? Saw her interview about Rika after GPF. Is she another model like Itsuki or celebrity like the Honda sisters? I know Rika is young and loves her sister but we already have Mao + Mai, Shoma + Itsuki, and the Hondas. Unless this is a one-off thing, a new shtick would be appreciated.

Is Hanyu's family the only ones not jumping over themselves to get on tv because of association?

by Anonymousreply 300December 17, 2018 12:58 AM

I've never followed juniors before but Kostornaia at senior RusNats last year and the QUADS! girl(s) made me courious, so I've been casually following the JGP this season and I'm kind of confused about the japanese junior skaters. I think there's only one skater younger than 16 and the reigning japanese Jr champion is 18. That's around the same age or older than the current senior japenese ladies so they technically don't have a "next generation". It seems kind of odd for such a strong skating fed.

by Anonymousreply 301December 17, 2018 2:09 AM

It's not odd at all. Yin Yang in FS. Japan ladies junior had been strong for over 4 years, at the same time Japan men junior had been underwhelming for these 4 years. It's time for Japan's men junior rise again with those talents such as Kao Miura and Shun Sato. Similarly, Japan's senior ladies field is strong, the men one is weak. In 4-5 years, men field might be a bloodbath like ladies of these days.

by Anonymousreply 302December 17, 2018 2:34 AM

All those junior girls I'm talking about have better jumping technique than the current senior ones (they're worse in just about everything else though), so while not top skaters, I wouldn't call them underwhelming. Their international results are terrible, I get that, but if the're not allowed to go senior, why keep them around? They could potentially take opportunities for younger skaters and the JSF is allowing it. That's the odd part for me.

by Anonymousreply 303December 17, 2018 2:49 AM

R303 I completely agree with this. It's not so much about the lack of talent but the fact that JSF wasn't smart (or didn't care) about developing them or giving them assignments where they could have some international exposure. Now, they're going nowhere and clogging up the pipeline for other younger skaters. Frankly, they're doing the same to the junior men's field. Given how weak the junior men looked at JGPF, I think more than one JPN man could have qualified if they were smarter about assignments. I haven't had a chance to watch him, but people were pissed that Shun Sato didn't get a JGP assignment when he would have easily medaled or won most of them.

by Anonymousreply 304December 17, 2018 2:58 AM

No, those ladies were the best ones Japan could send to international competitions. The talented ones who are younger such as Wakaba Higuchi, Rika Kihira, Marin Honda already turned senior. These "old" skaters left in junior didn't get decent results to turn senior in younger age and to GET ONE SENIOR GP ASSIGNMENT.

by Anonymousreply 305December 17, 2018 3:10 AM

Here's Javi at the gala. He's bad.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 306December 17, 2018 3:16 AM

R303 And they choose skaters to send international competition and to decide who turns senior who stays in junior based on their scores, not their age. That's why 19-year- old Keiji Tanaka was still competing at Junior Worlds meanwhile 19 year-old Yuzuru Hanyu already became World Champion.

by Anonymousreply 307December 17, 2018 3:28 AM

R307 I'm very well aware of that. And there's no doubt that Yuhana (the Jr champion) is a more well rounded skater than some never before seen 13 years old, and her JGP assignments are well deserved, but she isn't a one off case. Just think about it, if your average age for your Jr podium is about the same as your potential senior one, wouldn't you at least check it out? Like, why aren't they getting the international results they need, what's happening to the younger skaters "waiting in turn", is this a shortage of new talent? I'm not saying they need to panic, I'm just surprised they let it happen.

by Anonymousreply 308December 17, 2018 4:02 AM

r306 Yikes! Not even close on a triple toe!

Hopefully he caught an edge or something because if that's seriously where his jumps are at, Europeans is going to be an embarrassment no matter how hard he trains from now to then.

That song is so boring too.

by Anonymousreply 309December 17, 2018 4:04 AM

R308 I don't get what you want?

1. Fereration: They send the best juniors.

2. Younger juniors: they aren't good enough to beat older juniors to get sent to international competitions." Waiting in turn" juniors you said are unpromising skaters who have to wait until older ones turn senior to compete internationally. If they're good enough, no one would stop them from going to JGPs because again Fed choose skaters based on their scores, not their age. And It is lacking of talent in ladies. They has no promising junior ladies at the moment, except Sara Honda (11yo) who isn't old enough to compete in junior.

3. Older juniors: (1) they are still in junior age range, they haven't got good enough results to get senior GP assignments. What is the point of turning senior then sitting at home, waiting for sectionals to get qualified to Nats. 2. They are better skaters than younger ones and have potential for medals, which matters. Yuhana Yokoi did compete at JGPs when she was 14 year old but she wasn't good there.

So what do you want ? Send younger skaters who won't medal, and let older ones who can medal turn senior then sit at home?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 310December 17, 2018 5:14 AM

Some tidbits from recent interviews of Kaetlyn Osmond, Eunsoo Lim, and Alena Kostornaia:

...[about returning to competitive skating] “It’s still all up in the air,” Osmond said in New York City last week, before performing at the Bank of America Winter Village at Bryant Park ice rink. “If I come back to competing, I will fight to be able to be back on top. I will fight for all of that, but I know what my strong suits are, and I’ll see what I can add onto that.” [Of her 2018 achievements:] “Worlds for me might have been the best one, only because I really questioned my ability; I was extremely tired after the Olympics,” she said. A minor back injury throughout the season flared after PyeongChang. Osmond skipped some training sessions and said she was “in quite a bit of pain.” Once she arrived at worlds in Milan, Osmond sprained an ankle the first day of practice....

Eunsoo (translated interview at GS - A is the "anchor" [interviewer]):

A: Congratulations again. And now, since Kim Yuna it has been nine years that a Korean lady has won a senior international medal, did Yuna send her congratulations? E: Um, Yuna always tells me "Good job" or other encouraging words after competitions, this time too, she was worried because I had two competitions in a row, but I did well and she's proud of all the work I've done, I was really thankful for her words. A: As you've said just now, I've heard that Yuna often gives you encouragements and advice, what kind of advice does she give you? E: Um, well... Comp- At competitions, she often tells me that she's proud of what I did, and... Sometimes, she says this would be better this way and things like that, she gives me those kinds of advice too.

Kostornaia: Said she had a growth spurt last summer (about 3cms) that affected her ability to do 3A. She currently plans to start medical education in 2 years, after finishing school and still wants to be a neurosurgeon. [her interview was in Russian – Kaetlyn’s is linked below]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 311December 17, 2018 7:43 AM

r285 Maybe Fuji is snubbing Tomono for bringing Ge along. I’m surprised how silent Ge’s been about his actual friend Medvedeva when he’s written so much about other people and their struggles.

r287 Fuji has their own reasons for pushing Takahashi, but the judges overscoring him would risk rehashing the Hashimoto scandal, which the fed wouldn’t want.

r300 The sister, Moe, was the first to skate and that’s how Rika got started. Moe is a university student and a dancer at Avex but not a celebrity. Hopefully we won’t get Itsuki 2.0.

R301 There were four juniors under 16 at the JGP.

r303 Specifically which seniors and which juniors are you referring to?

There are some promising juniors and novices like Kinayu Yokoi (14) and Hana Yoshida (12/13) who have both successfully landed triple axels in competition, but I don’t think it’ll even be logistically possible for Japan to produce as many top ladies skaters as Russia anymore.

Russia has 9000+ skating rinks and over 500 elite skating schools now thanks to policies enacted by Putin 11 years ago. Cities subsidize skating lessons and training for children from their pre-novice years. Top novices train 8+ hours a day and only attend school part-time.

Japan has 136 rinks and only 27 are open year-round. Skaters are responsible for their own funding and have to seek out other forms of off-ice training such as dance lessons on their own. They go to school and young skaters would never be allowed to train as hard and as long as those Russian girls.

by Anonymousreply 312December 17, 2018 8:59 AM

R311 I've linked a translation of the Kostornaia interview.

R312 Frankly, that sounds like a more reasonable way to train and maintain your long-term mental and physical health, but I guess I don't think like an elite athlete.

I went to Ted Barton's twitter to check whether he had released that interview with Eteri and he hadn't but good lord people were all over him for calling her "very honest and caring." It's Ted so I guess we shouldn't hold our breaths for anything juicy just before RusNats.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 313December 17, 2018 9:34 AM

Official selections for Europeans

SWEDEN

Anita Ostlund

Alexander Majorov, Nikolaj Majorov

SWITZERLAND

Alexia Paganini, Yasmine Kimiko Yamada

Lukas Britschgi

Victoria Manni/Carlo Röthlisberger

by Anonymousreply 314December 17, 2018 9:36 AM

There was a new story about Kozuka:

In addition to the random hookups, he had 2-year affair with another woman including while his wife was pregnant. He would even call her over to the home when the wife was away.

by Anonymousreply 315December 17, 2018 9:39 AM

NORWAY team for Euro

Men: Sondre Oddvoll Bøe

Women: Camilla Gjersem

Coach: Berit Steigedal

Team leader: Anette Oddvoll Bøe

Judge Women: Mona Adolfsen

Judge Men: Lise Røsto Jensen

Judge Reserve 1: Hege Røsto Jensen

Judge Reserve 2: Kari-Anne Olsen

by Anonymousreply 316December 17, 2018 9:48 AM

r315 Popcorn gif

Supported by evidence or just tabloids making shit up?

by Anonymousreply 317December 17, 2018 9:53 AM

Thanks for the link R313. She sounds remarkably mature. Interesting how stingy Eteri is with praise - wonder if it's true for all her students.

And OMG - the skating advantages for Russia. I guess the men will get back on top eventually, with that kind of home country advantage! It's actually kind of amazing Japan has done as well. I remember Yuzuru saying in an interview that Canada had much better skating facilities than Japan (with 30% of Japan's population!) Somebody said it was all down to hockey though.

by Anonymousreply 318December 17, 2018 10:01 AM

Rizzo FS at Italian Championships

skip the whole program and go directly to Kiss&Cry

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 319December 17, 2018 10:43 AM

Kozuka sounds like a stud.

by Anonymousreply 320December 17, 2018 10:53 AM

LOL at Matteo. I guess it would suck a little bit to be from a small fed and have some wunderkind come along and outshine you so soon after you had established yourself as the country's #1. By the way, what do we know about Lorenzo Magri, Grassl's coach? Is he gay? He's kind of hot...

by Anonymousreply 321December 17, 2018 12:11 PM

How is Koola King doing ? I miss her entertaining videos lol.

by Anonymousreply 322December 17, 2018 1:14 PM

R319 oh my god. He actually walked out. What a baby.

by Anonymousreply 323December 17, 2018 1:20 PM

Interview with Zhulin.....

- he is pissed everyone in Russia just talked about Stepanova/Bukin being underscored in GPF rather than Sinistina/Katsalapov winning SIlver

- Russian judge didn't get the memo about S/K improvements and scored the RD in favour S/B...then she saw other scores and made it closer in the FD...

- Papadakis/Cizeron are doing the same dance again. He is bored

- He likes James/Cipres

- He is not convinced Medvedeva's programs are right for her. She can't sell that SP in the way Ashley Wagner would

- Zagitova SS are crap

- Japanese girls have short legs. so it is easier for them

- Kihira is colorless but "when she skates, I see the flow, I see soft knees, beautiful glid"

- Ilynich and Kastsalapov still hate each other

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 324December 17, 2018 3:56 PM

R317 Another tabloid but apparently they have damaging photos that they're going to be publishing.

by Anonymousreply 325December 17, 2018 3:57 PM

And Yuzurenai has changed his story. He's now saying they were at that hotel for 2.5 hours, not 1. Also, the first time Kozuka met and took his mistress home, a man and a woman also accompanied them, so group sex might be a thing for him.

by Anonymousreply 326December 17, 2018 4:03 PM

He's such a kinky bastard, where did he get it from

by Anonymousreply 327December 17, 2018 4:22 PM

r327 Maybe it's a decadence of coming from a rich family. They have everything so they seek extra excitement. Except Mao because considering her family business, her idea of rebellion was probably remaining pure and virginal.

by Anonymousreply 328December 17, 2018 7:12 PM

How do Kozuka and the faker know each other ? And do we have any infos about those women?

by Anonymousreply 329December 17, 2018 7:34 PM

This bitch out doing a club appearance in Hanyu's Cup of China costume. Wonder if there are fake bloodstains on it for that extra touch of realism.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 330December 17, 2018 8:38 PM

R330 Disgusting. If he's in that costume, he probably re-enacted the crash or injury. I can't think of any other significance and reason to bring back that costume when talking about that season and Hanyu's version of POTO. Unless he thought it was purdy, Hanyu only used it once and it was during COC, now a relic of that accident. To make an imitation costume with that detail, one would have to specifically only watch COC footage or search COC images.

Meanwhile Hanyu wore the blue one 5X for POTO - NHK, GPF, Nats, Worlds, WTT - and will probably only have the blue one on display in the exhibits.

by Anonymousreply 331December 17, 2018 8:56 PM

It gets weirder.

Kozuka contributed two columns to an unauthorized book about Mao by a known conspiracy theorist Hanyu/Yuna/Miyahara/Kihira-anti who writes for far-right magazines. The book claims the new rules were specifically created for Hanyu, and Hanyu has lied about his injuries and used Denis Ten’s death in some way. The book was released on Dec 8.

The same author wrote an article about Ten that’s going to be published in the January issue of another far-right magazine. The magazine has already issued a correction and apology for the author erroneously claiming that the Japanese fed admitted fault and apologized to Ten about Hanyu during the whole collision incident.

Meanwhile, a shameless opportunist interviewed Kozuka on Sunday and the “devastating” photos come out today!

R327 Dad.

R330 Chinese fans need to cool down and stop commenting on Yuzurenai's twitter. It's bringing bad press to Hanyu. There's also a lot of misinformation being spread because they've misread Japanese and jumped to conclusions.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 332December 17, 2018 9:11 PM

It seems like the Chinese fans are more annoying than the Western ones.

by Anonymousreply 333December 17, 2018 9:42 PM

r333 I was trying to make sense out of the Hanyu/Yuna/Miyahara/Kihira combo and the odd one out is Hanyu. Yuna won over Mao, Miyahara replaced Mao, and Kihira's infringed on Mao's ground with her 3A. But what's the conspiracy theorist's reason to harp on Hanyu?

by Anonymousreply 334December 17, 2018 9:57 PM

Sorry, that was directed at r332

by Anonymousreply 335December 17, 2018 9:58 PM

Guess who

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 336December 17, 2018 10:08 PM

R336 Thank you for this bit of levity. I'm sick of Hanyu getting embroiled in things that have nothing to do with him.

R333 We're all annoying.

by Anonymousreply 337December 17, 2018 10:12 PM

For Marilu Guarnieri's fans....Leccardi had at least 3 falls and 7 UR/downgraded jumps...so you can bet on an epic K&C....and she didn't roll her eyes too much....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 338December 17, 2018 10:13 PM

Zhou already looks old

by Anonymousreply 339December 17, 2018 10:13 PM

r339 Nah, usuaslly he looks like your regular Asian twink. It must have been a photographer with a special talent to make an 18-yo look 30.

by Anonymousreply 340December 17, 2018 10:19 PM

It boggles the mind that Jack G is still employed. He is a shit writer with nothing valuable or interesting to say, ever.

by Anonymousreply 341December 17, 2018 10:34 PM

R340 why is everyone misusing the word twink on this thread? You realize twinks are also supposed to be attractive right, not just boyish and skinny.

by Anonymousreply 342December 17, 2018 10:39 PM

I'm glad you brought that up because I want clarification. Is Hanyu a twink? (I assume there's no doubt that Cha is, but what's the age limit?) Upthread someone said that Michal Brezina was definitely NOT a twink at age 28. I need a chart!

Oh and who are the "bears" - Eric Radford? Guillaume Cizeron? (or at 24, is Guillaume a "twink") Merriam Webster is letting me down on this so I need Datalounge to help!

by Anonymousreply 343December 17, 2018 10:42 PM

Medvedeva's apparently got a new SP. Tosca. Ge.

by Anonymousreply 344December 17, 2018 10:43 PM

I don't know much about this Hanyu impersonator but Jesus Christ he is an asshole wearing that coc costume. Especially knowing Hanyu was seriously hurt in that costume.

by Anonymousreply 345December 17, 2018 11:08 PM

That Hanyu cosplayer has been gross and unfunny since the beginning and Alina's reaction to his shit was the only appropriate one. And don't be too harsh towards Yuzu's Chinese fans. Yes, some of them go a bit too far but most of the time they are the only ones actually actively working to debunk antis' assholery and lies about him. Japanese fans are too passive and Western ones uselessly pc to do anything about it most of the time. I remember reading comments from Japanese fanyus who were ashamed that during the whole Ten drama in Boston only Chinese fans came forward in defense of Yuzu with videos of the incident and debunking lies spread by his antis.

by Anonymousreply 346December 17, 2018 11:28 PM

R344 I hope the program is deliciously bad so that this thread can kill two birds with one stone.

by Anonymousreply 347December 17, 2018 11:40 PM

Are the Japanese photographers on DL? Why are they answering all our prayers?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 348December 17, 2018 11:42 PM

R344: taking on Tosca with Ge. I’m interested.

by Anonymousreply 349December 18, 2018 12:02 AM

R337. I can't even deny it. Yes, we're all annoying.

by Anonymousreply 350December 18, 2018 12:02 AM

r348 Well, item #1 to go into my secret shipping folder.

Also, is that the same wall as in the ass pic higher up? Is Hanyu's ass officially gallery exhibit?

r342 Yeah? I happen to find Zhou's face perfectly acceptable. I guess I'm not as discriminating as some.

r343 Hanyu still looks like one. Most of the time. Brezina actually looks more mature, in a rather attractive way, so I wouldn't qualify him as one. But as far as FS is concerned, nobody can hold a candle to the twinkiness of a 20-yo Adam Rippon.

by Anonymousreply 351December 18, 2018 12:35 AM

R344 I'm quaking. Will open mouth make a comeback ?

by Anonymousreply 352December 18, 2018 12:43 AM

R348 "God, he's so scary........a spring wedding would be nice."

by Anonymousreply 353December 18, 2018 12:45 AM

r349 Better Ge for Med than Wilson. And no "traditional feminity" or whatever bullshit it was.

Does that mean Ge is gonna show up at TCC? Maybe with new bracelets? Can't wait!

by Anonymousreply 354December 18, 2018 12:45 AM

R352 I laughed harder at that than I should.

by Anonymousreply 355December 18, 2018 1:02 AM

In case anyone is interested, there is a groupon deal for 4CC

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 356December 18, 2018 5:55 AM

R347 I kind of love you for posting that.

by Anonymousreply 357December 18, 2018 8:29 AM

Watching the crybaby reactions at kiss and cry are funny, but what’s sad is the audience ...or lack thereof at some of these nationals

by Anonymousreply 358December 18, 2018 9:22 AM

r334 The author is also a Takahashi and Uno uber.

R344 Why isn’t Ge in Russia with Medvedeva instead? He could actually be helpful there.

r346 Choosing not to issue death threats on behalf of Hanyu was being passive? OK. By the way, please tell your friends that the message they’ve been retweeting about Yuzurenai confused the word “Geinin” with “Geisha.”

R354 It means Ge will tweet another novel about this new program involving fruit, bracelets, gloves, and a brilliant, well-meaning “artiste” betrayed by “the other skater.”

by Anonymousreply 359December 18, 2018 9:23 AM

Happy Birthday Shoma

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 360December 18, 2018 9:28 AM

Is the Med and Ge SP change real? Link to news?

by Anonymousreply 361December 18, 2018 10:01 AM

Lol, poor Shohei. He looks like he has been bullied into doing that.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 362December 18, 2018 10:28 AM

Perfect twink alert!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 363December 18, 2018 12:01 PM

R362 He looked awkward.

by Anonymousreply 364December 18, 2018 12:56 PM

[R362] he's just mad he didn't make the cover of that newsletter

by Anonymousreply 365December 18, 2018 1:47 PM

Funny, I'd like too see this again 10 years later. Barring severe injury, Ohtani may have a longer competitive career than Hanyu so in time he may outpace Hanyu in popularity although depending on demographics they are probably equal now, but OGM does make better newspaper headlines.

Because of the nature of their respective sports though and sports histories nationally Hanyu was able to easily surpass Dai while Ohtani has a hard battle against Ichirou.

by Anonymousreply 366December 18, 2018 1:57 PM

Link to interview Ted Barton did with Eteri. Haven't had a chance to watch it but apparently her favorite skater is Brian Boitano. LMAO

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 367December 18, 2018 2:14 PM

@mishage8 Can’t describe the difficulty and the challenge of this piece to create, but i’m Grateful to coaches for choosing me for this creation. And Thankful to the whole team for the trust. Sincerely, Bow. #RUNationalsLadySP #RespectAll

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 368December 18, 2018 2:14 PM

Sorry, this is the link to the full Eteri interview

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 369December 18, 2018 2:24 PM

R362 Too bad Shohei wasn't asked to hold up the ass picture.

by Anonymousreply 370December 18, 2018 2:30 PM

Honestly, I like neither Med or Ge but this new SP might work out for Med. She couldn't do smiling jazzy but Ge fits perfectly with her style - overdramatic, pretentious, pushing the program as much deeper than it really is. So much for pushing new boundaries.

I'm so glad Hanyu's team refuses to let him work with Ge.

by Anonymousreply 371December 18, 2018 2:31 PM

R368 I wonder why Misha specifically thanks the coaches for choosing him. I think it's obvious Med did. Is he learning some diplomacy?

by Anonymousreply 372December 18, 2018 2:32 PM

R371 agree about Hanyu team. At Rostelecom Cup, it was kind of creepy how Ge was everywhere. And he's not the coach, but choreographer.

by Anonymousreply 373December 18, 2018 2:59 PM

R373 and he’s only the choreographer for the short program. But damn he was really everywhere.

by Anonymousreply 374December 18, 2018 3:01 PM

R373. lol. He may have been asking for Hanyu's forgiveness. I really would love to know what Hanyu thinks of Misha these days. I can't imagine them being friends anymore.

by Anonymousreply 375December 18, 2018 3:22 PM

Ted: What's your favorite part of coaching? Eteri: Getting the results

Hahahaha, well, she's honest. R369 Thanks for the link! It was really intersting. It was odd to think about Eteri as a mom worrying about her kid's performance and reprimanding herself because it was the Olys and she had work. That's far from the Ice Witch image I had of her, mom stories always get me.

by Anonymousreply 376December 18, 2018 3:26 PM

The part about her mom and how hard it was making it trough the Olympics, to the point that she struggles to think about them as her "best coaching moment" was touching as well. They cut to some photos of her mom right when she starts talking about her and she sounds like she cried, just about every other news channel would have zoomed into her face instead. Ted is great and classy here.

by Anonymousreply 377December 18, 2018 3:40 PM

I'm the one who posted it, but the interview bored me to tears. Ted seems like a nice guy but is not a good interviewer. Talks too much and spends too much time doling out platitudes. I can think of a million more important and interesting things to ask her (e.g. Is Daniil on Grindr? Is Orser fat and past his prime? Will Gogo keep his quads? Is Orser a bad coach and is that the reason Gogo abandoned him? Should Gogo lose 20 lbs to get more PCS?).

by Anonymousreply 378December 18, 2018 3:55 PM

R378 I'm with you.

by Anonymousreply 379December 18, 2018 4:02 PM

R378, yes Orser is fat. Duh.

by Anonymousreply 380December 18, 2018 5:57 PM

Yes, Orser has gotten very fat.

by Anonymousreply 381December 18, 2018 6:40 PM

Most awaited news of the week

Ireland selection for European Championships.....

Conor Stakelum

Meanwhile, Finland selection also announced:

Viveca Lindfors, Emmi Peltonen

Roman Galay

Juulia Turkkila/Matthias Versluis

by Anonymousreply 382December 18, 2018 6:45 PM

R371 I don't think Hanyu's "team" tells him which choreographers he can or can't work with.

R367 I was also--and still am--LMAO about Eteri's favorite skater.

by Anonymousreply 383December 18, 2018 7:21 PM

R378 Why would Ted ask Eteri about Gogo? What he should have done is ask about Med--although perhaps there was an agreement that any questions about her were off the table.

by Anonymousreply 384December 18, 2018 7:23 PM

Thanks Eteri

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 385December 18, 2018 7:24 PM

I also liked that Eteri called BB "the whole package" and "handsome" (aka not fat and Canadian homely)

R384 Of course someone should ask Eteri about Gogo - she could concern troll about whether jumping all those quads is really healthy for Gogo and maybe even offer Brian heartfelt condolences for having lost his chance at securing a men's OGM for his sad sad country, YET AGAIN.

by Anonymousreply 386December 18, 2018 7:45 PM

R382 Who did Conor Stakelum beat out for this honor? I recall a McAllister something also competing for Ireland.

by Anonymousreply 387December 18, 2018 7:47 PM

the interviewer in the K&C...."I have a good and a bad news for you...tremendous composition scores...but you lost.."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 388December 18, 2018 7:48 PM

R387 yes, there is Sam McAllister. But he doesn't have the minimum TES. Actually, Stakelum barely got it...the minimum TES in SP is 28 and he scored 28.61

by Anonymousreply 389December 18, 2018 7:51 PM

R388 Aww. I remember watching this when I was a kid. It's fun to joke about Orser now because he's had such a successful career overall, but that moment was painful to watch.

by Anonymousreply 390December 18, 2018 7:57 PM

West Germany, France, East Germany, Sweden and USA voted for Boitano

Canada, China, Yugolsavia and Soviet Union voted for Orser

by Anonymousreply 391December 18, 2018 8:01 PM

Is Eteri's second favorite skater Scott Hamilton?

by Anonymousreply 392December 18, 2018 8:05 PM

R383 I think it was Ge who has said previously that he wanted to work with Hanyu but it was hard since he'd have to go thru Hanyu's team and get permission, something along those lines. This sparked a few discussions among Fanyus about how much power Hanyu had over his programs. I actually think Hanyu has a lot of say in it; after all he chose Seimei, H&L, and his tribute programs and did more than just sit on his ass expecting choice music cuts and choreography. Hanyu probably used his team as an excuse to reject Ge.

by Anonymousreply 393December 18, 2018 8:58 PM

R393 I think this is the article you're referring to. For some reason I always thought Misha was talking about doing an ice show of some sort with Hanyu (he calls it an "exhibition"), in which case it likely would have to go through some bureaucracy. I agree though - I mostly thought Hanyu was using his team to avoid having to deal with Ge.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 394December 18, 2018 9:28 PM

R393 Yes, well said. Plus Yuzu has access to the best in the world: Shae-Lynn, Jeffrey , (I'll list Wilson though not my favorite) , Kurt Browning, Japanese star-Kenji- why would he go with Ge?

by Anonymousreply 395December 18, 2018 9:30 PM

R393 Hanyu is included in Hanyu team. Hanyu and his coaches have the most power over competitive programs. Orser was said not to be convinced on H&L and not to allow Hanyu to skate POTO before 2014-2015 season.

"Coaches" Ge thanked to should be her main coach Orser. I didn't buy Orser being happy with Med changing program mid-season. But even that, I doubt he would have tried to prevent Med, who was supposed go to him to find freedom and autonomy and already acquired a certain status, from doing what she wants. Like he did to Javier or Hanyu in their early years.

by Anonymousreply 396December 18, 2018 9:52 PM

Since at least the 2014 Olympics, Hanyu has had the final say over his competitive programs, not his coaching team. In fact, Orser even admitted during the season Hanyu first skated to Seimei that he didn't even understand that program. If Yuzu wanted a Misha Ge program, he would get a Misha Ge program. He's got two OGMs and is the most popular figure skater of all time. He can do whatever the hell he wants now.

by Anonymousreply 397December 18, 2018 10:34 PM

You don't have to understand it, Orser. You just have to appreciate its greatness.

by Anonymousreply 398December 18, 2018 10:58 PM

I once read a funny exchange of what the process of choosing Hanyu's first FS under Orser/Wilson might have looked like, I added some parts:

Orser/Wilson: "Something classical and appropriately dramatic." Hanyu: "Phantom of the Opera!" Orser/Wilson: "Wtf? Hell no." Hanyu: "The Swan?" Orser/Wilson: "Hell NO. Classical and inoffensive that judges will like." Hanyu: "Judges like Phantom of the Opera, Patrick Chan skater to it." Orser/Wilson: " You're not like Patrick Chan." Hanyu: " If I can't do Phantom, I want to be like Johnny Weir." Orser/Wilson: "..... Notre Dame the Paris?" Hanyu: *calls Johnny Weir about the costume* Orser/Wilson: .... inoffensive that judges will like...

The thing is, In 2012 Yuzu got to skate to Notre Dame the Paris in a costume ripped off from Johnny Weir. It looks like he did have quite a lot to say in his choice of programs.

Now that I think of it, I wonder whether his "Legend" program was inspired by Johnny's Swan.

by Anonymousreply 399December 18, 2018 11:00 PM

Hanyu, consider working with Daniil for a program.

by Anonymousreply 400December 18, 2018 11:06 PM

r400 No. Just no.

Unless you mean "working" with Daniil on a "program".

by Anonymousreply 401December 18, 2018 11:17 PM

Yuzuru is straight, even Wikipedia says so... “His name means "a bowstring which is pulled tight", symbolizing confidence, strength, and straightness.”

by Anonymousreply 402December 18, 2018 11:25 PM

R402 that's an incorrect translation, Dirt Czar will back me up on this - "bowstring" in this context actually means "rear fabric of black marina ice practice pants."

by Anonymousreply 403December 18, 2018 11:30 PM

Oh yes, I bet he's very very tight.

by Anonymousreply 404December 18, 2018 11:39 PM

Yes very tight in his beliefs and dedication to skating ... I get ya guys

by Anonymousreply 405December 19, 2018 12:31 AM

Okay, we been knew Yuzu lives in a closet and doesn't go out because he grew up in a tight knit family. NEXT.

by Anonymousreply 406December 19, 2018 12:40 AM

He lives ina cave , not a closet

by Anonymousreply 407December 19, 2018 4:29 AM

Brian Orser back in 88 was such a twink. Why did he let himself go? Boitano is the same age and loos great and can still do double axels.

by Anonymousreply 408December 19, 2018 4:55 AM

This is what Boitano looks like now. Maybe he's kept in shape (can't tell from the picture), but he doesn't look any better than Orser (or maybe I'm feeling bad for how much we've made fun of Orser today).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 409December 19, 2018 5:08 AM

Here streaming and other info for Rus and JNats

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 410December 19, 2018 5:52 AM

Livestream for German Nationals

Menu:

Paul Fentz proposing his Game of Throne FS for the 120th time

Cancer Dance

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 411December 19, 2018 6:23 AM

"Is he the same person?" One asked.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 412December 19, 2018 9:11 AM

What would Brian Boitano do if he was here right now? I'm sure he'd kick an ass or two, that's what Brian Boitano would do

by Anonymousreply 413December 19, 2018 9:46 AM

Voronov (injury) and Gumennik (cold) are both out of RusNats.

by Anonymousreply 414December 19, 2018 10:19 AM

Apparently Kolyada checked out of the hospital Monday and flew to Saransk on Tuesday (and he's been travelling mostly by train because flying aggravates his chronic ear/nose/throat problem whatever it is.

His practice report today: 4T-3T not from first attempt, 3A, a couple of times 3Lz. “Speed is there, but lack of training is felt.” He was marking jumps and was the first to leave the practice.

Oh dear. The Russian press/fed have been so brutal with him - saying he lacks "character". I hope he can rally here. No Voronov or Gumennik may be good for him - one less rival to take a podium place from him. I'm worried about him (and Boyang.) The Russian guys are reminding me of the headcase American girls this year.

by Anonymousreply 415December 19, 2018 10:54 AM

R415 Voronov will never get podium. Kolyada needs to watch out for the next real push, Samarin with his ridiculous PCS. I would bet Samarin for gold at Nats even.

They'll probably underscore Voronov anyway so their precious can get to Worlds and Euros. Voronov was the only Russian man to make it to GPF this year, but he also made it last year and you-know-what happened. Despite the whole lackluster crop, the fed doesn't even try to help him.

by Anonymousreply 416December 19, 2018 10:59 AM

They're more brutal with Voronov than Kolyada. That makes me sad. Especially because he's one hot daddy... er, uncle.

by Anonymousreply 417December 19, 2018 11:02 AM

Brian Orser has probably gained weight from the stress of being a high level coach and the challenges extensive travel put on the body. I've known some people personally, especially men, whose weights have ballooned after they started traveling all the time for work. It's tough to deal with jetleg all the time and maintain a healthy weight. There's been research done on the phenomenon.

I doubt Brian Boitano travels as much, especially extensive international travel, which no doubt helps him stay slim.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 418December 19, 2018 12:26 PM

They're going to push Samarin and Kovtun, sadly. I figure Samarin will be the new champ. Can't stand his skating but I'm just resigned to it happening. I don't like Kovtun or Kolyada either, so...fuck this Nationals. I'm a fan of Aliev but I just don't think he will be able to pull out a great performance. Apparently he had no real vacation between last Oly season and this one, only 5 days off or something ridiculous. And then they wonder why these men are falling apart.

by Anonymousreply 419December 19, 2018 12:42 PM

R418 It's common for middle aged men to gain a lot of weight mainly due to poor diet and lack of exercise and maybe some hormonal reasons. Maintaining the body in shape at the age of 50 is something quite admirable.

by Anonymousreply 420December 19, 2018 12:44 PM

R419 Who knows. He did not too bad at Euros and Worlds last season.

by Anonymousreply 421December 19, 2018 12:47 PM

Very true R420. Adding in frequent international travel just makes it even more difficult.

by Anonymousreply 422December 19, 2018 1:25 PM

Med fans are raving about her new SP. Figures. Ge's drama matches Med. She does drama best after all. Can't blame her when most of the top skaters aren't versatile. Shoma probably will have the same problem if he decides to change from dramatic arms and intense glares.

by Anonymousreply 423December 19, 2018 1:32 PM

R423 Didn't they also rave about the old one ? Loll. I don't see anything watchable in her new short. The stsp looked particularly laboured.

by Anonymousreply 424December 19, 2018 1:56 PM

I'm not against skaters having a style. Med tried to change her style and couldn't, it was expected. Like, imagine Hanyu trying to skate manly, it would never work, it's just not his style.

by Anonymousreply 425December 19, 2018 2:06 PM

R425 I think Change was Hanyu's most "manly" program/exhibition. It was also rock music that he loves. I'd actually love to see more of that.

R424 You jogged my memory and yes, lol, they did rave about her old SP especially during Rus test skates. Now they're shitting all over it because she doesn't fit it. In hindsight, comical but expected reaction from fans who think she should be getting better PCS now with this short, as if she wasn't overscored already when the old SP didn't work.

by Anonymousreply 426December 19, 2018 2:17 PM

Good god you Med haters are tedious. No matter what she does, you'd find something to complain about. A test skate is a test skate. Maybe some people were excited to see her try something new, others were already bitching that it was too "North American" and didn't suit her. Obviously she never became comfortable with it and it wasn't working, so of course her fans are going to be hopeful that she can perform better now. I suppose I'm a Med fan (not an uber or stan), and I didn't really like the old SP. The new one looks a bit generic, but I feel relieved that she looks confident and far less awkward out there. Call it a Hail Mary, but at least she isn't recycling some old thing for the umpteenth time like an Ashley Wagner would.

by Anonymousreply 427December 19, 2018 2:28 PM

I rewatched Hanyu's performances at Rostelecom cup and fuck you 4A. I don't need 4A. Throughout 3 competitions, he hasn't done any perfect 3As. The best one he did is the one in short at Rostelecom and it was not perfect.

Aren't Let's go crazy, Origin, Change... all supposed to programs displaying his manly and powerful side ? They didn't appear manly though. But maybe he still thinks he skated these programs manly.

by Anonymousreply 428December 19, 2018 2:31 PM

Manly or not manly. obviously it doesn't matter. HIs fans fill stadiums like no other.

by Anonymousreply 429December 19, 2018 2:50 PM

At the very least, we are seeing the Russian ladies are devoid of talent. They are rather empty.

Pulling in a rookie choreographer at the last minute is weak.

Despite all of that, it means Med dumped Wilson. For that gesture, she is the greatest.

by Anonymousreply 430December 19, 2018 3:38 PM

R428 He doesn't categorize his programs as "manly" or "feminine" so he doesn't have to think he's skating manly in those programs. He does his own thing with his usual flair every time even when it's supposed to be a tribute, so let me reword that - As a fan I personally think Change was a manly enough program for Hanyu that shows off his prowess - it's a mile away from Haru yo koi despite having some of the same elements like the hydroblade. Seimei is actually the program that shows his powerful side. But go off, I guess.

by Anonymousreply 431December 19, 2018 3:51 PM

Just saw Med’s new SP. She still is muscling the hell out of all her jumps. Music suits her much better though because she excels at cheesy melodrama.

by Anonymousreply 432December 19, 2018 4:05 PM

Yes, like I said, it's her style. She did what he had to in order to win nationals. She has to prove that this'll year drama wasn't all for naught.

by Anonymousreply 433December 19, 2018 4:11 PM

I have read some Med's fans claim that she started wearing the same bracelet as she did during summer (like Yuzuru's one) again and that this pair of bracelets was presented to Med and Yuzuru by Ge so that they would make up a quarrel (like WTF?). So, basically yeah some individuals do excel at cheesy melodrama...

by Anonymousreply 434December 19, 2018 4:14 PM

R433 After all the talk this summer about how happy she is to be able to pick her own music and programs, isn't it funny that, lo and behold, the programs she's most comfortable with are the exact kind of programs Eteri picked for her. Changing it just before Nats seems crazy though.

LOL. I don't think I've ever heard LGC described as "manly." It's high camp - song by an androgynous artist, skater by an androgynous looking skater in a painted on purple satin suit. I'll use this moment as an excuse to post another LGC ass pic. Thanks for the opportunity.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 435December 19, 2018 4:15 PM

Med's short is same old without the quantity, but she might perform the hell out of it. What are her chances of actually winning over Alina? I don't think she can, the fed can fudge the numbers any way they want, but just the possibility.

R435 I love LGC but I have never seen Fanyus claim it's manly either, just flirty (when he manages it) and sexy if they want to push it.

It's funny seeing the Med fans blame TCC for everything that was changed and now reverted when Brian and she media played about it initially.

by Anonymousreply 436December 19, 2018 4:18 PM

Well, I too dare to say that LGC was sexy, because he managed to seduce everyone with those pants. God bless you R435

by Anonymousreply 437December 19, 2018 4:27 PM

Kevin Reynolds just announced his retirement. I guess he's not going to Nats then?

by Anonymousreply 438December 19, 2018 4:27 PM

R438 I am not sure why he continued. He had a decent outing at 4 Continents 2018. It was a decent way to end it. What has this season added? 45 UR calls and that's it?

by Anonymousreply 439December 19, 2018 4:45 PM

It literally means no Nationals.

by Anonymousreply 440December 19, 2018 4:50 PM

“Despite an encouraging start to the season with a new personal best short program, I was unable maintain this form and my body has started to tell me it has had enough. It was a tough decision but given the circumstances I know it is the right choice,” said Reynolds.

“I would like to thank Skate Canada for their support throughout my long and wonderfully rewarding competitive career. I would also like to thank the many Canadian and Japanese skating fans who always supported and believed in me, even in those moments where I doubted myself. Finally, I would like to give a special thank you to my long-time coach, Joanne McLeod, who has been with me on this incredible journey every step of the way. I look forward to continuing my involvement with the sport of skating as I move on to the next phase of my life and pursue new career opportunities.”

by Anonymousreply 441December 19, 2018 4:58 PM

so no 4A for Reynolds- harness only

by Anonymousreply 442December 19, 2018 4:59 PM

R442 You're mixing him up with Keegan Messing. I know, these interchangeable Canucks.

by Anonymousreply 443December 19, 2018 5:03 PM

I am excited for the Pair event at Japanese Nationals

Can Riku MIURA/Shoya ICHIHASHI beat Miu SUZAKI/Ryuichi KIHARA??

by Anonymousreply 444December 19, 2018 5:05 PM

Well I wish Reynolds the best. I hope he puts on weight and leaves his Naruto hair behind.

by Anonymousreply 445December 19, 2018 5:08 PM

LOL The jacket Misha Ge was wearing in this IG post has TCC logo on it. It is TCC jacket.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 446December 19, 2018 5:12 PM

TCC logo

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 447December 19, 2018 5:12 PM

R444 GTFO delusional Miura/Ichihashi uber. Suzaki/Kihara are sizzling this season.

by Anonymousreply 448December 19, 2018 5:20 PM

Misha Ge in Weibo:There will be a choreo surprise in today's Russia National Championship.

Yeah, this jacket.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 449December 19, 2018 5:40 PM

I really need to know the background of the Ge/Med partnership this late in the season

by Anonymousreply 450December 19, 2018 5:44 PM

R443 Yes, thanks. One has funny hair and other with funny hat at K &C.

by Anonymousreply 451December 19, 2018 5:46 PM

R446 arghhh, why do I find this so annoying.

by Anonymousreply 452December 19, 2018 5:48 PM

So wth is going on with yt skating channels being deleted? It's all over my tl this morning. And misha ge is annoying.

by Anonymousreply 453December 19, 2018 6:32 PM

Ge looked sheepish at Rostelecom - like he was trying to make up with Yuzuru. I hope he'll stay on his p's and q's.

Someone asked how she got Ge involved - I imagine they text each other all the time, as teens will do. (and hangers-on and users of all ages)

by Anonymousreply 454December 19, 2018 6:54 PM

Didn't Orser produce an ice show in Korea? - and he used Misha Ge as the choreographer. Ge was also at TCC last summer, giving some sort of camp or something? Orser must like him. But I wouldn't think David Wilson would be too happy, with Ge working primarily as choreographer - just trying to pinch David's clients, right there under his nose at TCC. Go back to China, Misha! I think he spent some of his childhood in Beijing and has translated for Boyang? Surely it's a big enough place to stay busy with their skaters! Canada's doing fine, thank you very much.

by Anonymousreply 455December 19, 2018 6:57 PM

I generally like Med well enough but found the new program a bit labored. It's an improvement from the tango program, but it's hard to learn new choreography and have it come together so quickly. For her sake hopefully the program will gel quickly in competition. She's got a fight ahead of her to make the team.

by Anonymousreply 456December 19, 2018 7:45 PM

It's Med's jumps that are labored.

Such a shame Gracie Gold didn't make it to the Olympics. If she could have held herself together, she might be an OGM today.

by Anonymousreply 457December 19, 2018 7:55 PM

r455 Sorry, I'll take Ge over Wilson 90% of the time. He may be a an attention whore but he's a pretty good choreographer.

And please for all that's holy, let's not get back to the braceletes.

by Anonymousreply 458December 19, 2018 7:56 PM

R457 Lmaooo

by Anonymousreply 459December 19, 2018 8:02 PM

R453 ISU sold Korean broadcast rights to the SBS network. Instead of simply blocking offending videos in Korea, SBS is now running amok, getting entire channels deleted if they've posted a video from any competition SBS has broadcast, even if it's not theirs. E.g. SBS will get your channel taken down if you post a GPF video from NBC or CBC, because SBS aired GPF in Korea so they think they own that competition instead of just their broadcast of that competition.

The latest victim is the most popular upload of Hanyu's Hope & Legacy from Worlds 2017. RIP, 3.5 million views.

by Anonymousreply 460December 19, 2018 8:09 PM

R458 What's a good example of Ge's choreo? I only remember Tomono and I didn't really see anything distinctive about it. I don't understand why people are still using David Wilson these days.

by Anonymousreply 461December 19, 2018 8:12 PM

R459 I think it would have been very possible for Gracie to win. The quality of her skating was always better than the Russians and she certainly was more of a natural talent than Evgenia. Too bad her family situation was so fucked up.

by Anonymousreply 462December 19, 2018 8:28 PM

I watched Medvedeva’s SP without sound and maybe it’s just the Misha Ge-style, but the first half reminded me of Tomono’s SP. With Kostornaia there and Med performing last, I don’t think the use of drama is going to be as effective.

R450 They definitely have a close relationship and talk a lot as he’s one of just 20 followers on her private IG and they share those friendship bracelets. Either Med asked him to do it or Ge suggested she do a new program and offered to choreograph. He met with her during the first week of this month and I think it was reported that he did it for free.

Here’s another mystery. Why is Ge only labeling his Tomono posts with “#coach” when he’s been using “#CoachChoreographer” or “#Choreographer” with others?

Also, why does he keep using the word “sensei” and is he aware he’s using the Japanese gesture for “sorry” and not “thank you” in his post about Med’s new SP?

R462 You're forgetting everyone else who skated at the Olympics (even her Canadian equivalent is more expressive and Osmond jumps higher) and Gold isn't the only skater who's experienced extreme hardship.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 463December 19, 2018 9:02 PM

Shoma has killed Tomono

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 464December 19, 2018 9:04 PM

463 You're missing the point about Gracie Gold. Gold finished fourth at Worlds in 2016. That is not a bad place to be two years before the Olympics, especially when you're skating for the United States. Had she gotten some decent counseling and not neglected her training for months, she could have gotten herself onto podiums at subsequent competitions.

The ISU would have loved to have someone like Gold as their OGM. As she was repeatedly told, just rotate your jumps and you'll win. She already had the PCS so it was just a question of nailing her jumps. Her technical and skating skills were very good and she looked great on ice.

by Anonymousreply 465December 19, 2018 9:18 PM

Those of you who were discussing Brian's body shape may find this video interesting as it shows quite a bit of Brian and his current body.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 466December 19, 2018 9:21 PM

R460 Even Fuji and tv asahi aren't that retarded. And usually Korean channels are the first to try and take advantage of YouTube so let me put on my tinhat and say that they are doing it to undermine Hanyu (it's mostly his videos which have been targeted) now that they have a horse in the race with Jun Hwan. End of tinhatting although it wouldn't surprise me if it's true. Anyway at this point let this sport die because by doing what they are doing and deleting videos with millions of views which have brought tons of new fans, it's exactly what they are doing. I hate tv and I hate old farts calling the shots behind it even more. It's high time for this outdated medium to go extinct.

by Anonymousreply 467December 19, 2018 9:32 PM

r461 Tursynbaeva, Pogorilya, Voronov, I liked those. Tursy made a terrible Carmen due to her stature but her choreo was really good - way better than Daleman's that saame season, and way better than Zagitova's current one, and I'm saying it as a Carmen hater.

r462 Why was Gracie Gold's family situation fucked up? I thought she was just a headcase.

by Anonymousreply 468December 19, 2018 9:38 PM

R467. I agree with you. They are trying to undermine Hanyu. When Hanyu leaves I will be leaving as well. I seriously can't take much more of this. Isu wants to kill the sport.

by Anonymousreply 469December 19, 2018 10:06 PM

Think of the money Japan (or whoever) could make if they sold streams or dvds of Hanyu's programs over the years.

by Anonymousreply 470December 19, 2018 10:09 PM

Hey, does Hanyu even own the rights to his own videos (of just his programs)? And if not, why not? Come on Yumi, do something!

by Anonymousreply 471December 19, 2018 10:11 PM

I'll try to follow Hanyu if he goes on to something there's recordings of - but the rest of these guys and gals are like watching paint dry, comparatively speaking. And I have tried - but then, maybe I wasn't cut out to be a figure skating fan and it's not their fault - I just found one charismatic performer I loved to watch. Life moves on.

But I wonder if Hanyu saved this dying sport for a few years and it'll go ahead and collapse when he exits the stage. Asked about Hanyu once, Nathan said, "He's good for the sport." Scott Hamilton emphasized that point in his Olympic commentary too - that it was a shock that a guard in Pyeonchang told him they had "crowd control" problems for the men's programs. He said Wow! That's something new!! (well, something like that - he seemed shocked and delighted). I didn't know figure skating had fallen on such hard times - but then, after watching them fuck over Weir a few times, when he left, I couldn't bear to watch it for years.

by Anonymousreply 472December 19, 2018 10:24 PM

R468 Thanks very much. I'll take a look at those programs. I don't know much about Ge besides his Instawhoring, so maybe it's time to give his actual work a chance.

by Anonymousreply 473December 19, 2018 10:59 PM

The ladies are going to save FS. Attention shifted towards the men for a while but once Hanyu bows out and the "sQuad" generation are done, it's the girls who'll be the next gen of stars and the real cutthroat competitors, not the boys.

by Anonymousreply 474December 19, 2018 11:25 PM

What they did to Weir is a sore spot for me too. I guess it wasn't the right time. I think we won't be seeing anything like Hanyu in a long while, but I agree with R474 that some of the girls have the potential to become great. I have my eyes in Kostornaia.

by Anonymousreply 475December 19, 2018 11:45 PM

She is magic - I haven't been as touched by a female skater since Oksana Baiul. (ok I skipped a couple years - or decades) I did catch a bit of Sasha Cohen and loved her too.

If Kostornaia can stabilize her 3A, and she's already got artistry to spare, I could be an uber. I'm rooting for Rika but Kost gave me chillbumps, even w/o her sidelined 3A.

by Anonymousreply 476December 20, 2018 12:02 AM

R476 I think your an Uber, these juniors have ways to go on artistry IMO

by Anonymousreply 477December 20, 2018 12:05 AM

Some links to Russian livestream.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 478December 20, 2018 12:07 AM

Could be. I'm one of those who doesn't know a damned thing about skating - just know what I like. Hanyu! (and Kostornaia). I'll admit to being moved by Uno - technical flaws tend to go right over my head - so I'm there saying What?? when they deck Satoko's tech score by 20 when she sits down after her skate (excruciating to watch at GPF)

by Anonymousreply 479December 20, 2018 12:08 AM

Kostornaiya is good. I don't find her skating particularly interesting and there is something I don't like about her jumps but her SS is amazing. Way better than any Russian seniors. Sadly, I don't see they will let her win at Nats even if she skates clean as much as she deserves it. Watch her SP practice and compare it to Med's. It made Med look like a crap junior skater.

by Anonymousreply 480December 20, 2018 12:42 AM

Her skating even made Trusova, Shcherbakova quads appear less impresive.

by Anonymousreply 481December 20, 2018 12:49 AM

Medvedeva likely chose Ge because he offered to choreograph for free. Reading her agent’s interview, it’s clear that training in Canada is bleeding all the family money, including savings and shady endorsement deals. Orser can say things like he expects the results of their work in two years all he wants, but if she doesn’t place in the top six at the Nationals, she gets no funding, so that is going to be the end of her collaboration with him, unless he’s willing to let her live with him and train free of charge.

by Anonymousreply 482December 20, 2018 4:01 AM

R482: I thought her people said Russian Fed gives Med no funding. Something will happen off season causing her to go back to Russia. She’ll claim she misses it.

by Anonymousreply 483December 20, 2018 5:17 AM

R483 I've linked one of the articles re: Med's funding. Fed pays for her "stay" in Canada (don't know if that would include other things besides rent) and flights. She pays for Orser.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 484December 20, 2018 5:39 AM

R482 The agent's interview at R151 was interesting, even though I don't recall anything about her desperately needing money for training (but I guess accepting endorsement deals from shady companies would count as desperate). One thing mentioned was that coaches often take a cut of advertising deals and that this is the main source of income for coaches (apparently, Brian made a concession and agreed not to take a cut).

The agent also said that while winning and relevance are important, a little drama and conflict also come a long way (citing the example of Plush v. Yags and how we always remember them, as opposed to Kulik, who was also an OGM). Might explain some of Med's Hanyu strategy this summer. Agent said that Med/Zags are popular in Japan right now because they are the best and they are attractive.

Poor Med. If all she was getting were shit shake deals despite the drama of her move and the Hanyu speculation, I don't see why any Japanese advertisers would care now that they have Rika and the other JPN ladies.

I also think she's going to run out of money. It's kind of crazy that you can be the top athlete for almost an entire quad, do really well at the biggest event in your sport and a year out be scrambling to pay for your expenses. I'm not her fan, but that fucking sucks.

by Anonymousreply 485December 20, 2018 6:06 AM

Med and Orser at the draw yesterday

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 486December 20, 2018 7:52 AM

All pics from the draw at Russian Nats. Not sure why some of them dressed like it was a night gala or if they were escorting rather than the draw of starting order

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 487December 20, 2018 7:53 AM

[quote]Think of the money Japan (or whoever) could make if they sold streams or [bold]dvds of Hanyu's programs over the years.[/bold]

They have though it's been a while.

R465 I didn't miss your point. I disagreed with what you said. Fourth at Worlds was the highest she’s ever placed as a senior and she was 5th at 4CC. She was always inconsistent, but consistent in that she was consistently fourth or fifth. In addition to Medvedeva (who did not win even with multiple 10's for performance and interpretation), she would’ve had to beat Zagitova and her backloading, Osmond, Miyahara and Sakamoto. She could’ve won nationals again instead of placing 6th, but she was a great jumper when she landed and had good skating skills, not a technical marvel nor an artistic skater. By 2018, the Americans had "quad King" Nathan Chen to rally behind and the ISU had already been fully supporting the Russian ladies. But that's an interesting perspective because I don't think she was ever quite seen the way you describe her outside the American media.

by Anonymousreply 488December 20, 2018 7:57 AM

R486: The pic of them staring at their phones may speak volumes.

by Anonymousreply 489December 20, 2018 8:09 AM

My understanding re: Gracie Gold's family is that her father has was/is addicted to prescription drugs and got caught stealing and taking them on the job. He had his medical license suspended. It's not clear if this is at the root od Gracie mental / emotional challenges, but it can't be helping. It might also be hurting her financial situation.

by Anonymousreply 490December 20, 2018 8:16 AM

Well, the “damning” Kozuka photo with his mistress was kind of underwhelming. Usually when tabloids claim they have a “shocking” photo, they’ve got a photo of their target naked in bed. The two 22-year old women from the hotel meeting have been identified on IG, but I don’t think they know they’ve been found out. They are part-time race queens/event girls.

It so happens that another tabloid had ambushed Kozuka the day before the hotel meeting (Bunshun only started following him that night) and yet that did not deter him.

It looks like Kozuka did appear on the TV special with Weir, Ando, and Meier, which will air on New Years. He’s still scheduled to do the men’s commentary for nationals, but Fuji is also still using Hanyu in their ads.

Plushenko says he frequently talks to Hanyu and Takahashi landed his 4T in practice:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 491December 20, 2018 8:32 AM

R483 Currently, she’s getting the top funding. If she finishes in the top 6 at RusNats, she will be on the national team, meaning she will get her salary, coaching and ice time expenses (standard Russian rates), summer camps, programs, medical expenses and costumes. If she finishes lower, she’s off the team and will get only whatever money her club (Sambo) gives her, plus her Olympic stipend which is for life.

by Anonymousreply 492December 20, 2018 8:47 AM

Japan Nationals draw is live right now:

Kihira is 27th.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 493December 20, 2018 8:53 AM

r492 How does that work for the likes of Tuk, Voronov and Gumennik? They can't take part in Nats but they've delivered good results in the season, do they get full funding?

by Anonymousreply 494December 20, 2018 9:01 AM

Miyahara picked last (29th). Now Men. Uno 18, Tanaka 20, Tomono 24, Yamamoto 26, Takahashi 22.

Kozuka and Mistress:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 495December 20, 2018 9:03 AM

[quote]Kozuka and Mistress:

lol

by Anonymousreply 496December 20, 2018 9:29 AM

Last year the Russian National team was the top 5 Ladies in senior age at Nats + Medvedeva (who didn't take part).

In Men it was top 5 at Nats + Erokhov.

by Anonymousreply 497December 20, 2018 9:30 AM

r497 That reminds me, what happened to Erokhov?

by Anonymousreply 498December 20, 2018 9:41 AM

I don’t even understand why Gracie Gold is being discussed here. The U.S. has to quit focusing on “ but if...” If Nathan had made his jumps in Olympics SP...if Rippon had some quads...if Gracie didn’t have mental/ social problems...on and on and on Accept the facts and reality...did you see Gracie Gold at Rostelecom Cup 2018? I wish her all the best but it didn’t happen. ISU would much prefer a Japanese female Hanyu- japan is the cash cow for the ISU

by Anonymousreply 499December 20, 2018 9:47 AM

Stream of the men's short program, on right now, first group warming up, Kolyada is 5th

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 500December 20, 2018 10:05 AM

[quote]I don’t even understand why Gracie Gold is being discussed here.

You're not very bright, are you.

Here, I'll help you:

[quote].... and other figure skating talk.

We discuss fucking bracelets for the muillionth time, why not Gracie Gold.

by Anonymousreply 501December 20, 2018 10:16 AM

Kovtun now in Russia

by Anonymousreply 502December 20, 2018 10:25 AM

one fall

by Anonymousreply 503December 20, 2018 10:27 AM

95.14 for Kovtun

by Anonymousreply 504December 20, 2018 10:31 AM

Kovtun f quads looking good all in 3A, Kolyada stepout on 3A other jumps unstable and I think he popped the solo quad. Kovtyun over 95, Kolyada 94,70 - he can't have popped the quad then.

by Anonymousreply 505December 20, 2018 10:39 AM

Kolyada 94.70 but I thought he was better. Quad looked good to me. Afterwards, awfully winded - blowing his nose, holding tissue to his nose like someone does with a nosebleed but not for a long long time - but noticeably tired I thought. I'm wondering if he has the stamina for the free.

by Anonymousreply 506December 20, 2018 10:40 AM

Lazukin 81.43

by Anonymousreply 507December 20, 2018 10:52 AM

Aliev a complete diseaster. Almost stopped in the middle. Sick?

by Anonymousreply 508December 20, 2018 10:54 AM

Mr. Tuk (Lazukin)'s quad downgraded. Aliev had horrific fall and looked injured after - I don't think he even tried 3A. Kept going - not sure he should have.

by Anonymousreply 509December 20, 2018 10:55 AM

Dima 71.74. In interview, Kolyada says he tried to do everything he could after the small surgery he had, it was very tough

by Anonymousreply 510December 20, 2018 10:58 AM

One more skater before Samarin. Now it's 1 Kovtun, 2 Kolyada, 3 Lazukin.

In last group, will crazy Dmitriev try the 4A in that yolo wild way of his? Crazy fool's gonna kill himself. All these quadsters are daredevils.

by Anonymousreply 511December 20, 2018 11:03 AM

83.24 for Samarin

by Anonymousreply 512December 20, 2018 11:12 AM

Samarin had a serious knee surgery this summer. He takes third. A 4Lz and another quad - fell on one of them - no combo - 3A ok.

by Anonymousreply 513December 20, 2018 11:13 AM

Interviews Lazukin says he lost balance at combo and probably had made mistakes on spins and StSeq- that is why his results was low -

Oleg Vasiliev is praising Kovtun for a strong performance, Kolyada for pulling himself together and Samarin for 4Lz; says that Kolyada's sinusitis is making it hard for Kolyada to have balance to show strong jumps and spins; says that it is very important for top skaters to keep their head cool to show high level performance (asked if TM can win after failed GPF); says Mishina Galeamov are the most strong competitors in Junior pool coming for bronze medal at Rus Nats, he also praises Velikov's group Juniors - says that Junior Ladies are very fearless and if they skate clean they can beat top Senior Ladies because from TES pov they at at the top in the World; says that new SP for Medvedeva is not smth unusual, he saw it on practice and loved it, she was skating clean and calm, felt really comfortable with new music - says that when it comes to those who had to WD (Tuktamysheva, Voronov) due to illness or injury then it comes to Federation to see if they could recover in time to take part in EC and WC

Apparently Medvedeva has removed the lutz from her short program

by Anonymousreply 514December 20, 2018 11:38 AM

R501 I hit a U.S. nerve I see. Then let me finish the American “but if....” than American skaters would be back to the heyday of Yamaguchi and Kwan.... oh wait, I forgot Americans didn’t think they were real American skaters cause they didn’t have girl next door look

by Anonymousreply 515December 20, 2018 11:46 AM

R501 also... those are bracelets on actual competing skaters

by Anonymousreply 516December 20, 2018 11:48 AM

Uughh why Aliev, I get sad every time he fucks up. I find him beautiful on the ice, and his ass is beautiful too.

by Anonymousreply 517December 20, 2018 11:57 AM

Sorry I have to laugh.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 518December 20, 2018 12:08 PM

r515 r516 I'm not American but I too would rather read somebody's take on past chances of Gracie Gold than about the bracelets. As it was pointed out, "figure skating talk". I find it ironic that you complain about people talking about another skater and can't find it in yourself to just scroll past it taking into account how this thread was started.

by Anonymousreply 519December 20, 2018 12:12 PM

I liked that last skater a lot -Konstantin Miliukov. He knocked Samarin out of 3rd with his 90.05

by Anonymousreply 520December 20, 2018 12:27 PM

Gracie was always overrated. She always looked like a pageant queen with a plastered-on permasmile. Ugh. Only in America would such "artistry" be celebrated.

Poor Dima...wtf happened there?

by Anonymousreply 521December 20, 2018 12:47 PM

[519] ok scrolling past your naive comment. Kolyada kind of redeeming himself

by Anonymousreply 522December 20, 2018 12:51 PM

I couldn't care less about Gracie Gold but the butthurt that some people do is funny.

by Anonymousreply 523December 20, 2018 2:06 PM

Clarification: not American either.

by Anonymousreply 524December 20, 2018 2:11 PM

R523 LOL

by Anonymousreply 525December 20, 2018 2:37 PM

Great job Kolyada! Hopefully can keep it up for the Free

by Anonymousreply 526December 20, 2018 2:49 PM

Caption this

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 527December 20, 2018 5:49 PM

R527 getting blocked.

by Anonymousreply 528December 20, 2018 5:52 PM

R527 Is Brian taking on another mature, womanly Russian skater? I think this one may have to start with a lot of off ice training.

by Anonymousreply 529December 20, 2018 6:18 PM

TAT clinging to Orser made me sick.

by Anonymousreply 530December 20, 2018 6:28 PM

lol, what are we, twelve?

by Anonymousreply 531December 20, 2018 6:55 PM

So Brian was a Russian peasant all along. He looks perfect like that.

by Anonymousreply 532December 20, 2018 7:17 PM

R532 I think he's actually a female peasant?

by Anonymousreply 533December 20, 2018 7:56 PM

Japan Nationals info on Figure Skating XX thread.

Fancy K&C:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 534December 20, 2018 8:55 PM

R533 lmao you're right. I guess he looks great as a female Russian peasant.

by Anonymousreply 535December 20, 2018 9:24 PM

We gonna have bumps, we gonna have slides, but importance in that, to learn from the process, to improve. Through this preparation : Kazuki, Taijin-Sensei and Me, become more detailed as a team in many understandings and aspects. And im glad to see him hard & smart working these days before the competition.

It already started.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 536December 20, 2018 10:03 PM

r536 Ok, for Misha to be with Tomono at comps, somebody had to ask him to come, right? Sometimes choreograaphers do come, Daniil, Rohene Ward, Wilson. Trying to make sensed of it.

by Anonymousreply 537December 20, 2018 10:29 PM

Maybe everybody's happy with the Ge/Tomono arrangement - but some people are better than others at pushing back against pushy people - just sayin'... Watching Tomono interact with people, he seems to be suuuuuper sweet. I thought his coach might have more balls though, I mean his real hot-daddy coach. I sure as hell hope we haven't lost him in the melee because Ge is a very poor substitute for Coach Gorgeous.

by Anonymousreply 538December 20, 2018 10:43 PM

R538 are you mixing him up with Rika's/Satoko's coach? He does have gorgeous leather gloves, though.

by Anonymousreply 539December 20, 2018 10:48 PM

France have named the team for Europeans

Maé Berenice Maé

Laurine Lecavelier

Kevin Aymoz

Adam Siao Him Fa

Vanessa James/Morgan Cipres

Cléo Hamon/Denys Strekalin * under reserve, waiting for validation of minimum TES (Me: it shouldn't be validated...there were just French pairs at the competition in Latvia when they got it)

Gabriela Papadakis/Guillaume Cizeron

Marie Jade Lauriault/Romaine Le Gac

Adelina Galyavieva/Louis Thauron

by Anonymousreply 540December 20, 2018 10:48 PM

R539 it's this one, Taijin Hiraike. He floats my boat. Ge, decidedly, does not. WTF is he doing with the glasses and buttoned up look? Although I'm not sure what he could do to look hot. Maybe he's to somebody's taste. Funny that Med doesn't really seem to crush on him - just uses him as a bestie to get stuff done, some shady, some straight (so to speak).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 541December 20, 2018 10:53 PM

r541 He must have changed the haircut when he bought the gloves. The photo doiesn't exactly give off the same hot daddyh vibe as during the 2018 GP.

by Anonymousreply 542December 20, 2018 10:56 PM

Sorry - I just searched for the quickest pic I could find. I agree his hair isn't the best in the linked photo, but I still think he's cute, even with the dopey hair. I mean, compared to Misha... Maybe if Ge let his hair grow like Keegan Messing's coach? Long and straggly with tattoos and hippie-type clothes? That probably sounds gross to everybody else - I'm just trying to imagine if I was doing a makeover to make Ge look hot. He's not really horrible looking, so maybe it's a style thing?

by Anonymousreply 543December 20, 2018 10:59 PM

What dirty secret do Cléo Hamon/Denys Strekalin know for having Didier not only acknowledging their existence but trying to get their TES score validated?

They named an alternate in Ice Dance (Wagret/Souquet) but apparently they aren't brothering in Ladies and Men

by Anonymousreply 544December 20, 2018 10:59 PM

R541 He is too short for my taste.

R537 Sometimes choreographers show up at competitions with skaters but it's uncommon. Daniil's case is different, he works as a choreographer AND a coach in Eteri team, he takes responsibility for the group's choreo and skating lessons.

by Anonymousreply 545December 20, 2018 11:07 PM

R543 No need to explain your weird obsessions to us here. I mean, we have posted Itsuki ass shots (albeit mockingly, I think).

by Anonymousreply 546December 20, 2018 11:12 PM

Hmm. Here's Ge with shock scarlet red fluffy hair, long black sequined gloves - well, I guess I like this better than the faux-professorial look. Anybody turned on by punk rocker Ge?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 547December 20, 2018 11:21 PM

* not punk - glam I guess. Don't know my rock and roll. But I keep thinking he needs to get a cooler look.

by Anonymousreply 548December 20, 2018 11:23 PM

I'd hate fuck Mischa Ge.

by Anonymousreply 549December 20, 2018 11:35 PM

r547 I remember that. I also remember being disappointed when he switched to the lyrical stuff.

by Anonymousreply 550December 20, 2018 11:41 PM

Stepanova and Bukin's male coach is a handsome daddy (in 50's, white hair, very fit).

by Anonymousreply 551December 20, 2018 11:44 PM

Are you sure you'd want to do that r549? Afterwards, he'll write a long ass insta post: "Anon from DL. We have slides and bumps together. I tell you go harder, work harder and we succeeded. We work as a team and have understandings. Then you ghost me and make fun of me on internet forum. When you were down, I tell you it would rise again and now you are like that other thankless skater. Sometimes we offer loves to people who don't deserve it. That is life. We learn and move forward."

by Anonymousreply 552December 20, 2018 11:51 PM

Ha ha! I still would!

by Anonymousreply 553December 21, 2018 12:23 AM

R552 #respect #fortheart #CoachChoreographer

by Anonymousreply 554December 21, 2018 12:30 AM

Made a new thread. We might need it tomorrow.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 555December 21, 2018 3:34 AM

Another Hamada-Tamura lady landed a 3A (Ayaka Hosoda).

There's also a big girl (Hiyori Tokura) who is probably larger than Gold currently is, but she still managed triples and 2A with height, so it is possible.

Also, another big girl, who Ge choreographed for (Riona Kato), fell and hurt her back on her last jump (3Lo). Ge was at the boards and K&C. She looked like she was in a lot of pain.

by Anonymousreply 556December 21, 2018 8:18 AM

Yuka Nagai's (永井優香) coach, Makoto Tanaka (中田誠人), looks like a cross between Tamura and Taijin. It's difficult to find recent photos of him. The few photos out there are mostly from 2011 PIW with Hanyu. But you can see Tanaka in any of Nagai's recent videos (see below).

Yuhana Yokoi is still in first (66.27) with 12 more to go.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 557December 21, 2018 9:07 AM

Looks like Kozuka has been uninvited as he's not commentating.

by Anonymousreply 558December 21, 2018 9:30 AM

R557 sorry, but my love for Tamura cannot be diverted for cheap copies/hybrids. Last time I saw Nagai was like 3 years ago in Canada.

by Anonymousreply 559December 21, 2018 9:33 AM

Somebody once complained about Japanese girls doing the same sugary fluff: well, Mai Mihara's sp is the prime example of it. It's so boring and forgettable to the point of being unwatchable.

by Anonymousreply 560December 21, 2018 9:42 AM

R558 Kozuka wasn't scheduled to commentate for ladies, as far as I remember.

R560 All of the programs Wilson choreographed for the Japanese ladies are like that so get ready for more. I think her did Mihara's FS, too.

by Anonymousreply 561December 21, 2018 9:48 AM

I definitely like Mai more than some of you, but I had to watch her skate without sound and I have to say it was great not having to listen to the music. I hope they give her better programs next season.

by Anonymousreply 562December 21, 2018 9:49 AM

I agree with the comments above, I think Mai is a lovely skater and she could use a better vehicle to showcase her talents.

by Anonymousreply 563December 21, 2018 9:55 AM

Honda, ugh, such wasted potential. I like her program too.

by Anonymousreply 564December 21, 2018 10:46 AM

Alena Leonova scored 70+ and is 3rd after the first group of Russia, just behind Trusova and Samodurova. Not bad for a grandma.

by Anonymousreply 565December 21, 2018 10:49 AM

1 Satoko Miyahara 76.76

2 Kaori Sakamoto 75.65

3 Mai Mihara 72.88

4 Wakaba Higuchi 72.63

5 Rika Kihira 68.75

by Anonymousreply 566December 21, 2018 10:58 AM

1 Miyahara 76.76 2 Sakamoto 75.65 3 Mihara 72.88 4 Higuchi 72.63 5 Kihira 68.75

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 567December 21, 2018 10:59 AM

Zzzag's PCS are insane. I don't see Med topping that.

R567 Waka looked good, even though she's still injured. I would have put her above Mai.

by Anonymousreply 568December 21, 2018 11:01 AM

Rika won NHK after coming in 5th, so I think she can do it if she pulls herself together after the free. The problem is her boots and if it will hold.

by Anonymousreply 569December 21, 2018 11:05 AM

^ *for the free

by Anonymousreply 570December 21, 2018 11:09 AM

Yeah, her FS tech content is so high she's definitely still in the game.

by Anonymousreply 571December 21, 2018 11:13 AM

Rika could off podium, which is unlikely, still get Worlds spot.

R568 I saw your post and I though they had gave her 49PCS or something. They used to give Med 48PCS for a performances with a falls. So If she skates clean, I can see they're ready to boost her PCS to top Zag's score.

by Anonymousreply 572December 21, 2018 11:41 AM

Rough skate for Med at Rus Nats. 3 flip / 1 toe, 2 axel fall, 3 loop. The program has promise, but her presentation looked listless, like she'd given up before starting. 14th place. The audience was very kind and supportive.

She's only 10-12 points between 2nd-7th place, but she'll need skaters at the top to make multiple mistakes to significantly move up.

by Anonymousreply 573December 21, 2018 12:31 PM

Poor Med- all mental

by Anonymousreply 574December 21, 2018 12:33 PM

I love the camera people for showing us Brian's face so often. lol

by Anonymousreply 575December 21, 2018 12:38 PM

Anyone having watched Brian interview can sum it up ? It was too long for my lazy ass.

by Anonymousreply 576December 21, 2018 1:04 PM

I really like Med's new dress. The back looks very pretty.

by Anonymousreply 577December 21, 2018 1:22 PM

Lmao the way Brian covered his face with his hands in utter despair.

by Anonymousreply 578December 21, 2018 1:33 PM

And we still have that Blood Orange Sky to go. Med needed to skate that Tosca this entire season.

by Anonymousreply 579December 21, 2018 1:36 PM

Zag is in the lead with about 80 points, she was really only okay today but got the usual nationals points boost. Trusova is 2nd and can probably win if she lands the quads. If she skates like at JGPF, then probably not. Korstanaia is only behind Trusova because she had a silly fall on the footwork.

Even the skaters down in 8th have 70+ points, this was a brutal competition with lots of high scores.

by Anonymousreply 580December 21, 2018 1:37 PM

People were complaining about Rika's 35 in PCS even though her SP was clean, but I see barely anyone complaining about Med's 35 PCS with THAT. Why is she being treated so softly?

by Anonymousreply 581December 21, 2018 2:01 PM

I'm talking about Rika's SP at GPF of course.

by Anonymousreply 582December 21, 2018 2:04 PM

Zag's terrified look unintentionally matches POTO music lolll

R581 They just have sympathy for her. She was 17th in TES and 2nd in PCS.

by Anonymousreply 583December 21, 2018 2:12 PM

R581 Scores are funny, isn't it? Skaters are put into predetermined PCS boxes. Med has a higher range (despite her flaws) so 35 is low and funnily Rika (much better than Med in PCS imo) is believed by vocal ubers to not be in the same league (as Med and Alina) so 35 is high.

Seeing the debate about Chen (he's leading and going to Yale!) vs Uno vs Hanyu in the Youtube chat for Russian men is sad. The Russian men's field is really uninteresting unless Aliev and Kolyada puts up a fight. (And also the Chen uber claiming only Chen has defeated Hanyu at his peak, ie Rostelecom 2017, lol. If the talk wasn't shut down the what if's at Olympics would have started.) I confess, I sometimes enjoy the mess and delusion that is the Youtube chat and comment section, unless it crosses the line.

by Anonymousreply 584December 21, 2018 2:14 PM

Zag terror faces before every program makes me feel vaguely concerned for her.

by Anonymousreply 585December 21, 2018 2:25 PM

R578 Did you see Brian's face just before Med started her skate? As soon as I saw how concerned he looked I knew she would likely fuck up her SP.

R581 Med's PCS were ridiculous. But that's nothing new for her.

by Anonymousreply 586December 21, 2018 2:29 PM

R581, Med is having such a rough time right now that people probably just don't want to kick her while she's down. Her PCS was overscored today, but it's a moot point when she's buried technically.

by Anonymousreply 587December 21, 2018 2:29 PM

I worry for Orser's mental and physical health. He hasn't looked well since they arrived in Russia despite the optimism he tried to show in interviews.

PCS has always been high for everyone at Russian nationals.

by Anonymousreply 588December 21, 2018 2:51 PM

Geez. Mental game used to Med's forte. I guess that's what might happen when one is unfamiliar with losing, Suddenly everything collapses. Most skaters are able to pick themselves up, new day new competition. Med seems to be unable to.

by Anonymousreply 589December 21, 2018 2:54 PM

I bring highlights of Brian's interview with John Wilson Blades. About Cha: they discussed his growth and his hair. Brian talked about his background in the show business and said they (I guess the Korean federation?) were trying to create a brand with him. Brian said he was a good looking kid and his image is influential but he tries to get Cha to tone it down because he doesnt want it to distract from his skating. Said he knew it was gonna take some time for Cha to adjust to his growing spurt and that it was going to be tough, but they were able to push through and now Cha is a great 'senior man'. Said the Olympics really changed Cha because he became more focused in training and etc. Finally, Brian said Cha just needs to keep skating well in order to be remembered by the judges. The interviewer mentioned the Juliet scream meme, and asked whether Cha was aware of it, Brian didn't answer yes or no. I'll post the rest in a bit.

by Anonymousreply 590December 21, 2018 2:59 PM

R588 Brian’s lucky streak as a coach may be coming to an end. I still can’t believe he sacrificed Gogolev for Med (assuming that’s what happened). I bet Tracy Wilson is glad she didn’t have to go to Russia.

by Anonymousreply 591December 21, 2018 3:12 PM

I have a feeling Med may not be staying with Brian in the long run

by Anonymousreply 592December 21, 2018 3:19 PM

Samarin 182.25. With a fall. And a few stepouts.

Kovtun ok, one fall. In hate Carmen. Kovtun missed some of the music but he can suddenly do aggressive step sequences so at least there's that. Looks real overjoyed at the end. 186.45

by Anonymousreply 593December 21, 2018 3:22 PM

Nope, the Russian dude we never heard of is not gonna stay on the podium even though most other skaters gave him plenty opportunity. He skated right through Vivaldi with 2 falls. 141 something.

by Anonymousreply 594December 21, 2018 3:30 PM

PCS boost was shameless, especially in men.

by Anonymousreply 595December 21, 2018 3:35 PM

Kolyadacwas getting some insane. GOEs, I think he got 12 pts for the 3A. Fall okn a triple. TES 15 pts behind Kovtun, Kovtun interviewed without waitingg for Kolyada's score, he's teary. Kolyada 173.70. Kovtun, Kolyada, Samarin.

by Anonymousreply 596December 21, 2018 3:38 PM

I don't really care if Med stays with Brian or not. Brian talking about Med's mom in KnC, I wonder if she became a tiger mom after leaving Eteri. If Med leaves, it'll just open up a spot for another top lady to go to TCC and get some attention. Still salty about the Higuchi to TCC rumor being false, and the excuse that she's still studying and is a minor is BS since Hanyu and Marin did it. Higuchi is training a 3A and could probably do the SP Med threw away since she asked for a Wagner-style program from Shae this season. Both rumors were going at the same time, so if Orser chose Med over Higuchi, then he's lost it.

by Anonymousreply 597December 21, 2018 3:40 PM

Kovtun 281 pts, 93 PCS, Samarin 91 PCS ??? LOLLLLL l I don't need it for Christmas.

by Anonymousreply 598December 21, 2018 3:41 PM

Does that mean Fernandez with 97 PCS for a pop song at Euros ?

by Anonymousreply 599December 21, 2018 3:44 PM

Can barely beliueve Kovtun won Russian Nationals, but it's actually his 4th national title.

by Anonymousreply 600December 21, 2018 3:48 PM

Kolyada's effort was his best program in awhile. Maybe he should compete horribly ill more often.

by Anonymousreply 601December 21, 2018 3:59 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!