Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Do I have potential or not?

Look, I know I don’t look like the gays on the magazine or Instagram but I’m really loyal and a nice person. However, that counts for nothing in the gay world. I just wanna homebody type guy like myself that wants to snuggle up and play video games. Last time I went to a gay bar I got turned down by every guy that I tried to approach. That was back in 2014 and it was a traumatic experience where I went home and cried. Those scars are just now healing but I don’t wanna open them back up by trying to put myself out there again. I’m terrified of downloading Grindr because what if my messages are ignored.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 76December 6, 2018 1:11 AM

Go away, cropped picture Troll, we know it's not you

by Anonymousreply 1December 5, 2018 12:21 AM

Pic and description are hot. Keep at it. You’ll find someone, if you want.

by Anonymousreply 2December 5, 2018 12:27 AM

Are you realistic, and stay within your league, or pursue guys you desire? What you desire, and what you can have, are not necessarily the same thing.

As for going out to a bar seeking a life partner (it sounds like that was your intention) is such folly. Same as going to a bathhouse looking for a boyfriend - although many of my fuck buddies have become decades long friends. If you're rather dull, and lack personality, a bar is not a place for you. Attention whoring extroverts are for them, not a sheltered introvert sitting in a dark corner. The patrons could smell your desperation across the room that night.

by Anonymousreply 3December 5, 2018 12:29 AM

If, on the off chance this is real, I like your glasses, OP. So, yes, of course you have potential.

by Anonymousreply 4December 5, 2018 12:29 AM

If you were a straight man with an outstanding personality and your shit together, you could get plenty of women.

by Anonymousreply 5December 5, 2018 12:31 AM

'What you desire, and what you can have, are not necessarily the same thing' should be posted at every bathhouse. Perhaps with 'don't be a creep' added.

by Anonymousreply 6December 5, 2018 12:32 AM

OP, I would love to fuck you, but I would be too embarrassed to admit to anyone that I actually did.

by Anonymousreply 7December 5, 2018 12:34 AM

First of all get a better camera angle. You're all nose in this one so it's not an accurate depiction of your facial proportions..

Skin looks good.

Fake or not, with some decent pix, some contact lenses and depending on your personality--- you COULD be adorable.

by Anonymousreply 8December 5, 2018 12:35 AM

Adorable!

by Anonymousreply 9December 5, 2018 12:36 AM

OP, if you're for real, I was just kidding. I think you're cute.

by Anonymousreply 10December 5, 2018 12:36 AM

You are fine. You probably need to work on improving self esteem and being more confident. I f you learn to feel good about yourself and present as confident - well those qualities are attractive.

And learn how to take a picture of yourself at a more flattering angle. You can google for tips on how to look good in selfies.

by Anonymousreply 11December 5, 2018 12:39 AM

Unlike R4, I think your glasses are ridiculous. Otherwise, you are perfectly adequate.

by Anonymousreply 12December 5, 2018 12:40 AM

Maybe. You’re boring and dorky looking but some people like that look.

by Anonymousreply 13December 5, 2018 12:40 AM

[quote] but I’m really loyal and a nice person.I just wanna homebody type guy like myself that wants to snuggle up

This is what I wanted for the longest time. While looks are important if they’re attached to an awful personality they’re rather wasted. You’re a good looking guy, OP. Sure you don’t look like an Instaho, but given your personality it doesn’t seem you’d like the life of one anyway. And as someone wrote above don’t go to gay bars looking for a boyfriend. Go there if you want a drink.

by Anonymousreply 14December 5, 2018 12:45 AM

" I’m really loyal and a nice person. However, that counts for nothing in the gay world."

Come on, being nice and loyal doesn't count in any world!

by Anonymousreply 15December 5, 2018 12:47 AM

I see that smoldering, come hither stare you're giving us OP.

Never you mind this "oh, will I ever find anyone to love me?" bullshit while you're cruising bars and bathhouses. I know a sex freak when I see it.

by Anonymousreply 16December 5, 2018 12:47 AM

4.7/10

by Anonymousreply 17December 5, 2018 12:48 AM

You're hot OP. Some here will think that, some not. Same as in the world.

Good luck and send more pics!

by Anonymousreply 18December 5, 2018 12:49 AM

OP? We ALL have potential.

by Anonymousreply 19December 5, 2018 12:51 AM

[quote] We ALL have potential.

Erna doesn't. Nor does Poo Shoes.

by Anonymousreply 20December 5, 2018 12:55 AM

I want you to fuck me with your feet and then your cock.

by Anonymousreply 21December 5, 2018 12:56 AM

Woof! Love the scruff, and I'm always weak for a cute guy in glasses.

by Anonymousreply 22December 5, 2018 12:57 AM

Shove ur foot up my ass

by Anonymousreply 23December 5, 2018 12:58 AM

Step 1: Stop being so desperate and insecure that you solicit compliments online from strangers.

by Anonymousreply 24December 5, 2018 12:59 AM

First of all, if you want to find a nice guy you need to stay out of gay bars. Those places are filled with nothing but dopers, mental cases, drunks, and thieves.

by Anonymousreply 25December 5, 2018 1:00 AM

[quote] Those places are filled with nothing but dopers, mental cases, drunks, and thieves.

And gypsies and tramps and users and losers.

by Anonymousreply 26December 5, 2018 1:01 AM

Gypsies, tramps & thieves

by Anonymousreply 27December 5, 2018 1:01 AM

Cute, but a bit too American-looking for my taste.

by Anonymousreply 28December 5, 2018 1:02 AM

What is your shoe size?

by Anonymousreply 29December 5, 2018 1:02 AM

Really r28? I think he can pass for English.

by Anonymousreply 30December 5, 2018 1:04 AM

If that’s your id definitely date you based on your looks, you seem sweet too.

by Anonymousreply 31December 5, 2018 1:05 AM

You guys are lying to. Here’s another better angle of me at work. I am not by any means cute or adorable

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32December 5, 2018 1:08 AM

First stop with the hipster bullshit look. If you're normal then be normal, hon.

by Anonymousreply 33December 5, 2018 1:09 AM

Oooh, I see you've parked your ass beyond that sign. What a rebel. Love me.

by Anonymousreply 34December 5, 2018 1:09 AM

r32, stop. Anyone who is terrified of downloading Grindr because their messages might be ignored is certainly not going to subject themselves to the slings and arrows of Datalounge.

by Anonymousreply 35December 5, 2018 1:11 AM

R34 beat me to it.

by Anonymousreply 36December 5, 2018 1:13 AM

OP, you are an anti-Monet.

by Anonymousreply 37December 5, 2018 1:15 AM

First you were asian now you are white lol stupid OP

by Anonymousreply 38December 5, 2018 1:17 AM

Just stick to masturbation.

by Anonymousreply 39December 5, 2018 1:18 AM

Troll OP pretending to be asian lol

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40December 5, 2018 1:19 AM

I’d choose the Asian in R40 🥢🥡

by Anonymousreply 41December 5, 2018 1:22 AM

You’re handsome. Consider a new haircut and growing facial hair. Also, a new pair of glasses would bring out your eyes.

by Anonymousreply 42December 5, 2018 1:23 AM

R42 it’s not his photos it’s just some poor random guy OP is a troll

by Anonymousreply 43December 5, 2018 1:24 AM

Cute enough,but your cock size would determine just HOW cute. Small cock,your barely adequate looks wise,big cock,your smokin hot!

by Anonymousreply 44December 5, 2018 1:27 AM

You're just fine, OP. Have you ever switched up your look? I wonder what you'd look like with contact lenses and a short beard. Go to the library, local university activities, various geek conventions, and church for potential friendships. I'm sure there must be gay guys in the choir. Carry on....

by Anonymousreply 45December 5, 2018 1:28 AM

Thanks, R43, for bringing me back to reality.

by Anonymousreply 46December 5, 2018 1:29 AM

Trust me, you’re cute.

by Anonymousreply 47December 5, 2018 1:29 AM

Sorry but this is going in the direction of Datalounge as hook-up website, and the fact DL is not about that is why I like it.

Brings back memories of that hilarious thread from a few years back "What do you think of my D?"

by Anonymousreply 48December 5, 2018 1:32 AM

Personally, and only because I was asked, I think OP would look good with a bit more of a tan. Just to give a healthy glow and make him appear warmer.

But do use SOME sun protestion so it's not a fatal dose of tanning, and you're protecting your skin.

by Anonymousreply 49December 5, 2018 1:35 AM

Fix the self-confidence before you put yourself out there again. Otherwise, you're pretty much guaranteeing a continuing downward spiral. Because anyone you meet who starts dating you will see you putting yourself down, refusing to gracefully accept compliments, being overly clingy and needy, second-guessing their every word and action.

That will inevitably destroy the relationship, which will then lead to more damage to your self-esteem. Lather. Rinse. Repeat. I've seen this in a friend, who still struggles with this and still tries to put his self-esteem into someone else's hands, which always ends in disappointment. If you don't fix that, you will not succeed.

Get some therapy to figure out why you cannot believe in yourself and why you are so dependent on the opinion of others. Once you have that under control, you can put yourself out there again. Self-confidence is an amazing power, both internally and externally, and you'll find it much easier to attract the guys you want to attract.

by Anonymousreply 50December 5, 2018 2:11 AM

I don't mind the pale skin. It can bring out interesting shadows on a man's face.

OP. If you're legit I have to say one of the MAIN things you have going for you is that you look MASCULINE. Especially in the picture at R32.

Pretty you ain't (thank GOD) which is exactly your appeal. A lot of guys like you never experience self esteem because you have that solid, unassuming look that tends to not get noticed by pop culture and Madison Ave. You have that familiar and relatable look of a man that makes sure the power's on that keeps the whole fucking world moving and not some piece of useless eye candy. A lot of homosexual men actually PREFER your face to a runway model or teen idol type. There was a guy from the 70s who did some nude pictures with the iconic photographer Jim French who represented the same archetype you do. He was FLUMMOXED when he was approached to pose and even more so when he learned he was VERY popular.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51December 5, 2018 2:16 AM

R25 typed that from a gay bar bathroom as he serviced a cock and smoked meth at the same time.

by Anonymousreply 52December 5, 2018 2:21 AM

R50 - To help with my self esteem issues, I find having a large penis does wonders. I realize my own mediocrity, but my popularity is quite high. Gawd, I sometimes have to pinch myself with some of the guys I hook up with. Fortunately for me, I also realize that I'm not looking for a partner, and prefer to live as a single person. So, there are never unrealistic expectations when meeting someone new. But, I'm never lonely either.

by Anonymousreply 53December 5, 2018 2:23 AM

OP is probably a troll, but does anyone remember that middle-aged guy from about five years ago who kept posting his real photos: in one thread he wanted us to guess his age. In the other he wanted us to guess his profession based on his pic (I remember one of the replies said "hand model"). I can't seem to find any of these threads in the archive.

by Anonymousreply 54December 5, 2018 2:34 AM

OP with the right lighting and styling I 'm sure I could get some VERY sexy photos of you.

by Anonymousreply 55December 5, 2018 2:34 AM

EVERYONE gets their messages ignored on Grindr.

And YES, you're cute. You look very much like my husband who I met at a college alumni event. Gaybars are terrible places to meet people. Go to community events, the theatre, art galleries, anything where you get to be around mixed and diverse people.

by Anonymousreply 56December 5, 2018 2:35 AM

OP's giving us "Jack Torrance" realness at R32.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 57December 5, 2018 2:44 AM

You look cute OP!

by Anonymousreply 58December 5, 2018 2:44 AM

Of course you do. No question. What holds you back is confidence. It’s okay, Seriously. Ordinarily, I’m kind of an asshole. - but when it comes to young gays and lesbians, I wouldn’t steer you wrong.

by Anonymousreply 59December 5, 2018 2:53 AM

I have a feeling OP, if this is even real, had unrealistic expectations when he tried going to a gay bar. OP you are above average but you are not the model type of good looking, you have the wholesome guy next door look. Wholesome next door type isn't what most guys are looking for in a bar.

First make sure there isn't something wrong in the smell department with you, garlic, badbreath, BO, crappy or too much cologne. No smell is better than the wrong smell.

Don't go on Grindr, try an actual dating site, not a hookup site. Plenty of Fish comes to mind, but stick with dating sites not hookup sites. You are decent looking and sound like a great guy, there is someone who would love to snuggle up with you and play video games, probably a lot of someones, but it only takes one. Good luck.

by Anonymousreply 60December 5, 2018 2:57 AM

You smell like a troll, OP, but if you aren't maybe you should also stop assuming gay men are all shallow, cruel and looking only for the next hung 10/10.

by Anonymousreply 61December 5, 2018 3:16 AM

Something tells me OP has VERY high standards of attractiveness while at the same time bemoaning that no one can see past his dearth of Instaho looks.

I suspect he wants the DNA coverboy just like a lot of other gay guys.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 62December 5, 2018 3:18 AM

R54 - Wouldn't that be a harsh reality check for most of Data Lounge - to post your real, current head shot, and ask all the other posters how old they think you are? Oh, the hilarity that would ensue.

by Anonymousreply 63December 5, 2018 4:37 AM

Or better yet - post a full nude body shot with head, asking Data Lounge to rate you between 1 and 10. . .

by Anonymousreply 64December 5, 2018 4:41 AM

You guys are too kind. He’s not average. That means he’s better looking than 1/2 the population. He is NOT. He’s not hideous and he can certainly find a BF, but he’s not above average by any stretch.

by Anonymousreply 65December 5, 2018 4:54 AM

[quote] sun protestion

That’s what happens when the Trump administration tries to deny global warming.

by Anonymousreply 66December 5, 2018 5:32 AM

R65 - This place is populated by mostly 1's and 2's. Of course he's gorgeous to them.

by Anonymousreply 67December 5, 2018 1:27 PM

No, you do not have potential. Thanks for asking though.

by Anonymousreply 68December 5, 2018 1:37 PM

[quote] Look, I know I don’t look like the gays on the magazine or Instagram but I’m really loyal and a nice person.

First rule of thumb: Self proclaimed nice guys are NEVER nice guys. You actually come across as somewhat of an entitled, whiny asshole in your post. People can pick up on that right away and it is a huge turn off. I also assume you are going for guys with looks 8 and above. If you don't want other guys to be shallow, you can't be shallow yourself. Try going for guys you feel are uglier than you. I guarantee you will meet someone.

Cheers.

by Anonymousreply 69December 5, 2018 1:37 PM

You look fine but the video games is a HUGE turn off.

Are you a smoker? Men often reject smokers due to the stench.

by Anonymousreply 70December 5, 2018 3:44 PM

You'll be swell! You'll be great! Gonna have the whole world on the plate! Starting here, starting now, honey, everything's coming up roses!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 71December 5, 2018 3:55 PM

Talk about a Millennial Snowflake!

This guy really needs to hear this:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 72December 5, 2018 4:04 PM

Post more pics, OP, including shirtless.

by Anonymousreply 73December 5, 2018 6:06 PM

I have confidence in sunshine.

I have confidence in rain. I have confidence that spring will come again!

Besides what you see I have confidence in meeeeeeee!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 74December 5, 2018 10:30 PM

OP. You should have known this thread would come this.

by Anonymousreply 75December 6, 2018 12:52 AM

I am a homebody, play video games (destiny 2 and overwatch mostly) and like to stay home and snuggle - Got a great job too, work from home and travel a bit for work making 6 figures. I think you are cute in your pic.

by Anonymousreply 76December 6, 2018 1:11 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!