Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Let's be Kim's 1997 Subaru

Kim is a lesbian (of course) who is partnered in a womb and spirit union with Darlene. Kim has a bit of a drinking problem which has caused her to lose her license. The many minor scrapes and accidents have damaged the Subaru in several places.

This thread has several references to Kim's 1997 Subara.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 64April 25, 2019 3:46 PM

Also use this thread for reference.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1November 23, 2018 6:29 AM

I'm the Dreamcatcher hanging from the rearview mirror.

by Anonymousreply 2November 23, 2018 11:46 AM

I’m her 12-disk CD changer, loaded with Melissa Etheridge, KD Lang, Indigo Girls, Tracy Chapman, Phranc, Sophie B Hawkins, Michelle Shocked, Wynonna, and Me’chelle N’delecello. I’m a pre-millennial time capsule.

by Anonymousreply 3November 23, 2018 12:22 PM

I'm the accumulated fast food wrappers on the dashboard.

by Anonymousreply 4November 23, 2018 12:25 PM

I'm the dirty vagina smell in the upholstery.

by Anonymousreply 5November 23, 2018 12:26 PM

I'm the flannel car seat covers.

by Anonymousreply 6November 23, 2018 12:28 PM

I am the photo of R1.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7November 23, 2018 12:29 PM

I'm the fish scented car-freshener.

by Anonymousreply 8November 23, 2018 12:30 PM

I'm an ancient, faded, peeling WBAI bumper sticker next to a fresh RESIST bumper sticker.

by Anonymousreply 9November 23, 2018 12:35 PM

I'm the bottle of patchouli in the center console, used to enhance the vagina smell.

by Anonymousreply 10November 23, 2018 12:46 PM

I'm the plastic flask-sized bottle of Smirnoff in the glove compartment, on top of the paperwork for the latest DUI.

by Anonymousreply 11November 23, 2018 12:56 PM

I’m the Bob’s Stores Black Friday discount coupon in the cup holder. This is the only time of the year that coupons can be used on Carhartt clothes!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12November 23, 2018 1:00 PM

I'm the radio. My FM presets are to the local Pacifica affiliate, the local NPR affiliate, the college station that has the folk shows, and the other college station that does the "Women's Music" block on Saturday. And, though she would deny she set it on purpose, the local classic rock station. Because after a few nips of that vodka, when she's alone in the car and out of the neighborhood, Kim's up for a little head-bobbing to some Guns N' Roses or AC/DC.

by Anonymousreply 13November 23, 2018 1:04 PM

I'm the permanently folded down back seat where Darlene's sex drive (now retired) was first discovered. My owner, Kim, would enjoy a few Bartles & Jaymes, then go out and park near the hiking trails by the reservoir. She would hump and rub Darlene until they were both sore, though Kim, for obvious reasons, never really felt it until a day or two later. The last time that happened, at least with Darlene, was 18 years ago. Lesbian bed death is indeed a thing, thank god. If Kim would only clean me, my 21 year old upholstery would look, and smell, like 2.

by Anonymousreply 14November 23, 2018 1:06 PM

I am the shrill, high-strung gay man who bitches about Darlene behind her back because Darlene never offers me a ride in that disgraceful Subaru of hers. I totaled my mother's station wagon last month and don't have a car to get to the last remaining gay bar in my impossibly dreary town. I'm 47 but look 49.

by Anonymousreply 15November 23, 2018 1:17 PM

I'm a crumpled polypropylene reusable grocery bag with the logo of the local food co-op. I reside near the wheel well and I haven't been used in two years. I'm a bitter reminder of the dispute between Darlene and the co-op board over two months of unfulfilled work-hour commitments in the bulk grain section, which ultimately resulted in the banning of the Darlene-Kim household from the co-op. Lately, Kim has been passive-aggressively flirting with danger by icily commenting to Darlene on the high prices of kale, quinoa, and gluten-free crackers at the health food store.

by Anonymousreply 16November 23, 2018 1:41 PM

I'm the empty diet Mountain Dew bottle that Kim uses as a cuspidor.

by Anonymousreply 17November 23, 2018 2:20 PM

I’m the dried out Pine tree shaped air freshener that has faded with decades of sun yet still reeks of fake evergreen.

by Anonymousreply 18November 23, 2018 3:03 PM

I'm Kim's American Spirits in the left cupholder, and Darlene's Marlboro Reds in the right cupholder.

by Anonymousreply 19November 23, 2018 3:14 PM

I'm the second flask of Smirnoff under the driver's seat, "just in case."

by Anonymousreply 20November 23, 2018 3:17 PM

I'm the rust.

by Anonymousreply 21November 23, 2018 3:53 PM

I’m the layer of dust along the dashboard.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22November 23, 2018 4:01 PM

I'm the trailer hitch that hauled Kim's worldly goods to Darlene's when they first moved in together, 4 days after meeting. It's been 8 years since I hauled a damn thing but Kim isn't removing me. She says I might be useful for hauling camping equipment but I think she's hedging her bets with Dar.

by Anonymousreply 23November 23, 2018 4:01 PM

I'm the dent in the fender and the crack in the tail light.

by Anonymousreply 24November 23, 2018 4:03 PM

I’m the Ignition Interlock that Kim is legally required to use for a year before her driver’s license can be restored.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25November 23, 2018 4:06 PM

I’m the stench of Marlboro Lights in the upholstery. Kim hasn’t smoked in years but I’m never coming out.

by Anonymousreply 26November 23, 2018 4:09 PM

I’m the blood stains on the front seats.

by Anonymousreply 27November 23, 2018 4:15 PM

I love you, R27.

by Anonymousreply 28November 23, 2018 4:31 PM

I’m the check engine light that has been on continuously since 2001.

by Anonymousreply 29November 23, 2018 4:51 PM

I am the total lack of cleaning supplies.

by Anonymousreply 30November 23, 2018 5:27 PM

Ready for my close up!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31November 23, 2018 5:33 PM

I'm the distorted shape of the driver's seat.

by Anonymousreply 32November 23, 2018 6:13 PM

I'm the Single Remix of Stevie Nicks' "Rhiannon" which is on the CD of the 2004 re-release of the 1975 Fleetwood Mac album, Stevie's first with the band.

Kim LOVES to sing along to me as she is secretly picking up a 30-pack of Keystone Light!

"RHIA-AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA-NON!!!!!!!!!! FUCK YEAH!!!!!!!!!!"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33November 23, 2018 6:20 PM

I'm the dent in the dashboard Sar left when she hit off one time. She often looks over at me passive-aggressively.

by Anonymousreply 34November 23, 2018 6:23 PM

I'm the road surface that can be seen through the small rusted out hole in the floor behind the driver's seat.

by Anonymousreply 35November 23, 2018 6:34 PM

I'm the COEXIST bumper sticker that's been on the rear bumper since just after Obama took office. Two days after Trump was elected, Kim slapped the RESIST sticker right over me. She was drunk and snottily snuffling, she'd been drinking and crying for two days straight, and she didn't feel like fucking coexisting with JACK SHIT any more!

by Anonymousreply 36November 23, 2018 6:36 PM

I’m the Gore/Lieberman 2000 sticker, barely visible under the decades of dirt on the bumper.

by Anonymousreply 37November 23, 2018 7:03 PM

I am the dry bones of a long dead muskrat under her drivers seat.

by Anonymousreply 38November 23, 2018 8:01 PM

I’m the pathetic fag sitting in the backseat. I’m so unaccomplished in my own life that I try to make myself feel better by contributing to misogynistic posts. I’m a huge loser. Everyone knows it.

by Anonymousreply 39November 23, 2018 8:13 PM

I'm R39. I'm a huge misandrist. But "everyone" is misogynist so that makes it ok.

by Anonymousreply 40November 23, 2018 8:22 PM

I’m the “f*g” word uttered throughout the event by a few who think it’s the equivalent of “d*ke” in that cool reclaimed sense.

by Anonymousreply 41November 23, 2018 8:25 PM

[quote]I’m her 12-disk CD changer, loaded with Melissa Etheridge, KD Lang, Indigo Girls, Tracy Chapman, Phranc, Sophie B Hawkins, Michelle Shocked, Wynonna, and Me’chelle N’delecello. I’m a pre-millennial time capsule.

I'm Patty, the friend from the Thanksgiving dinner who looks and dresses like Dwight Schrute. I've tried to tell Kim to no avail that Michelle Shocked is canceled.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42November 23, 2018 8:36 PM

I'm the faded Provincetown beach permit stickers in the car window from '94 and '95. That was when Kim was with Babe. Those were happier times. Kim tells Dar she was single then, but Dar has always had her suspicions about those stickers.

by Anonymousreply 43November 23, 2018 11:19 PM

I'm the broken dashboard hula girl under the seat. A couple years ago, Kim made the mistake of driving a friend of Dar's, Liz, home from the Food Co-Op. Liz was aghast that Kim would exhibit such an insensitive, implicitly violent example of colonialism and pandering to the male gaze. Kim, irritated, later asked Dar whether she thought Liz had a point, expecting that Dar would say the whole thing was silly, since the hula girl had been there for a year. "I think it's cultural appropriation," Dar had snarled, "and I think it's tacky, and ignorant, and it's very presumptious for you to assume it's OK for you to use the rape of Hawaiian culture and the sexualization of native Polynesian girls as a cute little decoration." Kim impulsively grabbed the hula girl, ripped her off the dash, and flung her over her shoulder as she drove.

Hula girl eventually settled under the driver's seat, her dancing stilled forever. The partially torn white adhesive foam disk remains on the dashboard, a mute testimony to Dar's disloyalty and willingness to take anyone's side against Kim. But who cares anyway? A little vodka makes it all so unimportant.

by Anonymousreply 44November 23, 2018 11:51 PM

I love you, R44.

by Anonymousreply 45November 24, 2018 12:08 AM

That Hula girl argument with Dar put Kim on a four-day bender, which resulted in the cracked fender on the '97 Subaru and a stay in the drunk tank at County Regional.

by Anonymousreply 46November 24, 2018 12:13 AM

I'm The Club, also from 1997.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47November 24, 2018 5:45 AM

I'm the lyrics being bellowed by a sloshed Kim as Dar begs her to stop singing and pull over before she gets her license permanently revoked:

You say you haven't been rocked in a long, long time

Oh, a good hard rockin' is so hard to find, baby

Gonna make you sweat, gonna make you shout

Oh, your homemade lovin' done knocks me out, baby

Oh, now I've looked long and hard for you

And you seem to know what I'm fixin' to do, baby

Oh, you want a little love, that's all right

Oh, your fruit ain't rotten, it's oh so ripe

Oh, now your momma sure done raised you right

When it comes to home cooking you eat every bite

Take your sweet time, got all night

I'm gonna show you how to rock me right

Come on now, rock me right

Rock me right

Rock me right

I'm gonna show you how to rock me right

Rock me right, now

Oh Lord

Years ago, when Dar still had a little twinkle left in her eye, she made eye contact with Susan Tedeschi, her dream wombyn, on the patio of the Snug Harbor Fish Company and Dar [italic]knows[/italic] that Susan winked at her. She just knows.

For a split second she wondered how much her life would change with all of that convenience-store money to fall back on. Not in a greedy way....she just saw herself being able to buy new books on release day without a second thought rather than spending months on the library's waiting list before checking them out with goddess-knows-what stuck between the pages.

But then Kim stumbled back from the Subaru with their entire collection of Susan Tedeschi CDs, dropped the pile on her table knocking over the drawn butter and said, "hey, you got a pen?" as a loud smelly burp slipped out.

Dar plays them over and over as an act of self-flagellation and has even has Kim believing that Rock Me Right is "our song."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 48November 24, 2018 7:56 AM

I'm FFing R39 and encouraging everyone else to do so.

by Anonymousreply 49November 24, 2018 11:03 AM

I'm the sunflower seed shells in the diet Mountain Dew spittoon.

by Anonymousreply 50November 24, 2018 12:52 PM

So... what's with the ten "let's pretend we're lesbians" threads this week?

There's always been a handful of guys complaining about lesbians around here but this seems like overkill.

And I've been here nearly 15 years so don't pull the "it's all in good fun thing" with me, because I know better. I'm just curious as to what's going on.

by Anonymousreply 51November 24, 2018 12:56 PM

[quote] I'm a huge misandrist

Oh, wait, is this a thread by some of those MRA college student Reddit types who pretend to be gay men? Because no adult with any sense uses the word "misandrist" seriously.

by Anonymousreply 52November 24, 2018 1:01 PM

I'm the Kim and Dar in happier times, before the right driver's mirror was came off after Kim drove up on the kerb to hit a transwoman:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 53November 24, 2018 1:06 PM

I'm the naked Barbie doll positioned on the rear view mirror with the base between my legs.

by Anonymousreply 54November 24, 2018 1:57 PM

I'm a treasured photo of Lil (a mutual friend), Babe, and Kim taken at Lilith Fair. Kim felt so safe with Babe. She would never admit it, even to herself, not even today, but it was like having a big, strong loving man to take care of you. Without all the toxicity of masculinity, of course.

When Kim is trying her self-hypnosis and relaxation tapes, and the hypnotist says to picture herself in a happy place, she remembers seeing Jill Sobule walk on stage, and Babe looking at her with glee. Because with her and Babe, whatever made one of them happy made both of them happy. They were eating Cheez-Its and drinking two-buck Chuck and it tasted like manna from the gods. And when Sobule played Kim's favorite song, "I Kissed a Girl," Babe smiled, and leaned in, and grabbed her shoulders, and kissed her, lips rich with wine, kissed her so firmly, so lovingly -- not like it was a job, or a feminist duty, or a political statement, but like it was heaven for Babe, something she had been wanting to do forever and would want to do forever.

Now the wine is off limits. The junk food snacks are frowned on, and it's not worth the passive-aggressive remarks. And the kisses, when Dar gives them, feel dutiful and perfunctory. And the last time Kim was in a good mode -- and stone sober, no less! -- and started happily singing "I Kissed a Girl," Dar waited till the second verse and suddenly snapped, "What IS it with you and that stupid song?" She must know somehow. But this photo stays on the phone, where Dar will never find it, buried in a folder called "Tax Documentation 1995." And it comes out whenever Kim drinks.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 55November 24, 2018 2:20 PM

I'm the middle finger given to the driver in the neighboring lane who looks over in disbelief at just how loud Rhiannon is blaring while stopped at traffic lights.

by Anonymousreply 56November 24, 2018 2:23 PM

I'm the 'Increase Prostate Cancer!' bumper sticker purchased from a stall at Michfest.

by Anonymousreply 57November 24, 2018 2:25 PM

I’m humor, I don’t exist in this car or anywhere else in Kim’s life. At least not since her glory days on the women’s soccer team at SUNY Cortland in the late 1980s.

by Anonymousreply 58November 24, 2018 2:51 PM

I am the dirty, smelly, dog hair-covered, rough polyester throw that's crumplingly draped over the left side of the back seat for Ursula, the very large and shaggy rescue that's part sheepdog. Ursula doesn't use it. She has the run of the car when she's in it.

by Anonymousreply 59November 24, 2018 5:18 PM

I'm the sleeping bag, MREs, and the can of Fix A Flat in the rear storage area. I'm ready for anything.

by Anonymousreply 60November 24, 2018 7:48 PM

I'm the E-Z Pass in the window. I was loaded with money once with Kim's debit card, and when that was used up I was never topped off. The first time we got stopped for insufficient funds, Dar wouldn't shut up about Kim's irresponsibility for the rest of the 2-hour drive. Now Kim just chronically "forgets" and always has to go through the cash lane. She likes that it makes Dar helplessly seethe.

by Anonymousreply 61November 24, 2018 10:27 PM

[quote]Now the wine is off limits.

That’s what you think, dumb bitch.

by Anonymousreply 62November 24, 2018 11:29 PM

I'm the completely desiccated cube of $0.99 eye shadow that was purchased on impulse 17 years ago at the local Walgreens, now moldering under the driver's seat. There is a single smear in the middle, where Kim scooped out a chunk and applied it liberally to her eyelids, her cheekbones AND her lips right before the office Xmas party, in hopes of looking soft. I haven't been seen since.

by Anonymousreply 63November 26, 2018 2:12 AM

I'm the glass tinctures set on the cupholders.

by Anonymousreply 64April 25, 2019 3:46 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!