Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Kay! You ARE looking worse than usual!

More jibber jabber about Jabottom, Jabot, Jill and Kay, and more.

Let's welcome more Rosales and more wayward British writers to Genoa City!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 601December 16, 2018 9:02 PM

Twitchy Kay

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1November 23, 2018 2:39 AM

I think Daran Little must be the show’s new headwriter. He wouldn’t upend his pretty lovely life in London for anything else. Going by his tweets he’s also pitching projects for Netflix and the like.

by Anonymousreply 2November 23, 2018 2:55 AM

Good ending to Friday's show, Victoria goes badass.

by Anonymousreply 3November 23, 2018 7:17 AM

R2

I don't think he's the new HW because he's still writing for Eastenders. It wouldn't be humanly possible to pull off both jobs.

I'm definitely watching today's credits

by Anonymousreply 4November 23, 2018 8:19 AM

R3, when I saw her do that I was amused. It was a good turn. Very like her father. Does the show even have a bitch character who isn't just hamming it up?

by Anonymousreply 5November 23, 2018 11:19 AM

Y&R is in the shitter, for real. Stupid decisions keep being made and CBS and Sony keep allowing the destruction of the show. Save your money, Rosales actors. You’ll be out of work when the show is cancelled.

by Anonymousreply 6November 23, 2018 11:34 AM

I hate to say it but the Rosales aren't bad. The Winters clan was always dead weight and their obvious elimination is a good thing. The show is strongest centred around the Abbotts.

by Anonymousreply 7November 23, 2018 11:37 AM

R1:

BRENDA: "I could go the rest of my life, and never step foot in this . . . [LINE?] . . . [WHAT THE FUCK WAS THAT WORD?] . . . [LINE?] . . . dungeon . . . again."

by Anonymousreply 8November 23, 2018 12:32 PM

R5

The Mia character is shaping up to be a messy AF unapologetic bitch. I'm enjoying her IDGAF attitude.

by Anonymousreply 9November 23, 2018 1:01 PM

So now that CBS has sold Television City - they will eventually move all of their shows over to the CBS Studio Center - which I guess now is The Radford Studios....which was originally Republic Pictures....

Perhaps the ghost of Vera Hruba Ralston can show up on the show and give acting lessons to some of the cast.....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10November 23, 2018 1:20 PM

Rey needs less five-o'clock-shadow and more expressions. The man could be deadly hot. Also, they need to give him better fitting pants...you know, to show all of his dimensions.

by Anonymousreply 11November 23, 2018 2:20 PM

R4, last night’s episode of EastEnders, according to his tweet, was Little’s first one in five months. He’s only written one more which airs in the winter. He’s Y&R’s new headwriter.

by Anonymousreply 12November 23, 2018 2:20 PM

[quote]BRENDA: "I could go the rest of my life, and never step foot in this . . . [LINE?] . . . [WHAT THE FUCK WAS THAT WORD?] . . . [LINE?] . . . dungeon . . . again."

I've read a bunch of Bill Bell's actual shooting scripts. He would put very specific instructions that would say things like take a beat before saying this word or emphasis this word in the speech. So in Brenda's defense that wasn't an acting choice, but a stage direction.

by Anonymousreply 13November 23, 2018 2:40 PM

How many emmys did Brenda win during her career?

by Anonymousreply 14November 23, 2018 3:00 PM

She didn't win any. Jess Walton won for the role a couple of times.

But looking back at Y&R and Daytime Emmys, it seems like the first Emmys they ever won for acting was in 1985 when both Tracey Bregman won for younger actress and Beth Maitland won for supporting actress. I guess that was when Tracey put her head in the oven to kill herself because she couldn't get Danny's cock.

Y&R really wasn't known for its acting. It was the stylistic young soap, which is ironic when you think about it now. I remember when I was little my Grandma complaining that they needed to turn up the lights on Y&R. I loved the way Y&R did flashbacks back then. They would have a tight closeup of the person's ( having the flashback) face superimposed over the flashback scene.

Then characters would start singing. And the character of Snapper always looked like he had just finished fucking somebody. Bill Bell had to be gay.

by Anonymousreply 15November 23, 2018 3:21 PM

[quote]I've read a bunch of Bill Bell's actual shooting scripts. He would put very specific instructions that would say things like:

"I'm gonna STEAL from you!!!" and "I'm gonna blackball you in the industry because you are TOO TALENTED!!!!!" and "I have not gratitude that you let me fuck you in the back!!!!!!!!"

by Anonymousreply 16November 23, 2018 3:48 PM

R12

I've said from the get go that it is an impossible job in 2018 to be a HW and an EP.. Back in the day it could be done but the soaps now have to deal with so many other headaches.

I can see MY remaining EP and Daran becoming HW.

by Anonymousreply 17November 23, 2018 4:06 PM

Mal has saved Y&R.

by Anonymousreply 18November 23, 2018 5:17 PM

No offense to this Daran Little, but does CBS not know its audience for this show? Y&R has three major large demos that keep them at #1, Southerners, black people and people over 50. These are groups who are not watching EastEnders.

by Anonymousreply 19November 23, 2018 5:42 PM

So Daran Little is a FOM. Friend of Mal.

by Anonymousreply 20November 23, 2018 6:49 PM

Whatever Little's role at Y&R is, I'm guessing his main focus will be to help Mal develop character and story for all the new, YOUNGER characters that have been introduced recently. (e.g. Mia, Lola, Arturo, Nate, Kerry, Ana, as well as the one's they've become involved with Kyle, Abby, Summer, Devon. Add in the lesbians, Mariah and Tessa, as well as the underdeveloped Ashby twins and we've got about half the cast.)

While he's written scripts for both EastEnders and Corrie, he's also been associated with the "younger" soap Hollyoaks - specifically being EP for the soap's limited series, "Hollyoaks In the City." The cast was ALL young. More like something you'd see on The CW.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21November 23, 2018 6:54 PM

I didn't realize Little already had a go-round with American soaps, as a consultant for AMC in 2009. Um, not its golden era to be sure.

I knew when Mal said he was going to HW and EP he'd snap. One of my friends who works behind the scenes said it's impossible to sustain for very long.

by Anonymousreply 22November 23, 2018 7:14 PM

R20 From my knowledge, Mal and Daran have never worked together before.

by Anonymousreply 23November 23, 2018 7:15 PM

What CBS should do is create a spin-off for CBS All Access about the Walnut Grove Academy and put all the kids on it, Reed, the Ashby Twins, plus SORASed Faith, Moses, Johnny, Dylan, Christian, maybe throw in a Rosales and kids from long-lost legacy families. It's the only way they will get a young audience, who might watch Y&R after getting into WGA.

by Anonymousreply 24November 23, 2018 7:56 PM

[quote] Then characters would start singing. And the character of Snapper always looked like he had just finished fucking somebody. Bill Bell had to be gay.

Personally, I think a lot of "the style" of early Y&R was more gay John Conboy than Bill Bell. Back then, Conboy was the on-site EP, and some of "the look" we associate with early Y&R (lighting, pretty actors, etc.) had its genesis at "Love Is A Many Splendored Thing" when Conboy was EP there.

by Anonymousreply 25November 23, 2018 8:01 PM

It was a disaster from the beginning to bring Mal in. Nevermind making him EP and then EP and headwriter??? What the fuck. Under Pratt, Y&R got well over 5 million viewers and now they struggle to get 4 . Mal’s vision cost CBS alot of viewers. The lost advertising revenue because of his all time low ratings is monumental.

by Anonymousreply 26November 23, 2018 8:14 PM

The Kerry actress has such a weird line delivery. I can't take the character seriously.

by Anonymousreply 27November 23, 2018 9:10 PM

La Familia Rosales is always talking about FOOD.

Who can I marry to be join them?

Let's hope there's a Tío Rosales on the horizon!

by Anonymousreply 28November 23, 2018 9:18 PM

Just heard a soundbyte. OMG - Mel Scott HATES Cait Fairbanks! No wonder their orbits don’t cross.

by Anonymousreply 29November 23, 2018 9:31 PM

Yes, Little was a consultant on AMC for around a year or so but there were visa issues and he had to return to the UK.

by Anonymousreply 30November 23, 2018 9:35 PM

Funny how that makes me like Tessa more, R29.

I hope Mal puts EB and MTS out to pasture soon.

by Anonymousreply 31November 23, 2018 9:36 PM

Y&R (Sony) couldn’t cough up $$$ for a bump in pay for Mishael, but they could find the $$$ for McDaniel’s pet storyline. Create my family. Make it the McRosales.

by Anonymousreply 32November 23, 2018 9:46 PM

I don't mind The Rosales. In fact, I'd rather watch them as opposed to the boring old Winters-Ashbys crew.

Mishael Morgan, who? .. Hilary was only mildly entertaining prior to "Hevon." .. After that, it became dullsville with Devon.

by Anonymousreply 33November 23, 2018 10:01 PM

I'm thrilled that there is new blood writing for the show. I'm tired of the same old hacks moving from one show to the next as HWs.

by Anonymousreply 34November 24, 2018 4:35 AM

R34 That’s what people said about Mal Young. Now look at us.

by Anonymousreply 35November 24, 2018 5:38 AM

Ian Ward coming back?

by Anonymousreply 36November 24, 2018 1:15 PM

Get rid of the Sour Kraut and the old pole dancer. Love the Rosales addition. Love Jabottom and Dina combo. Great chemistry. Why are they pairing Aunt Jack with that dull as dishwater Kerry? Make Victoria a bitch. That character needs some dimension. Favorite character is still the Scieno, Sharon.

by Anonymousreply 37November 24, 2018 1:26 PM

Could we PLEASE stear this conversasion back to how the BELLS are the ONLY reason I currently do not have a deal with Netflix to streem a drama on there DVDs?????

by Anonymousreply 38November 24, 2018 1:33 PM

Victoria getting on with her bad ass self was great. They need to do that with her character more. Turn her into the new Victor. She was finally interesting

by Anonymousreply 39November 24, 2018 3:55 PM

R37

Sharon Case left the CO$ eons ago. Around the time she divorced her husband was when she left.

There was a Battle Royale behind the scenes because Stafford was fit to be tied. She was belligerent to Case. The actor who played Katherine's husband (Murphy) had been CO$ for decades. He also left.

Stafford was a raging cunt to him. Told him they'd see to it he'd never work again. Jeanne told her to back the fuck off.

CBS/Sony had to get involved because Staff was making for a hostile work environment.

by Anonymousreply 40November 24, 2018 3:58 PM

The rumor is Stafford is a lesbian, but doesn't the CoS frown on homosexuality?

by Anonymousreply 41November 24, 2018 4:04 PM

Thanks for the update R40. Sad to hear Staff treated Murphy so horribly. Glad I don’t know anyone in the CO$ cult.

by Anonymousreply 42November 24, 2018 4:11 PM

Is Bill Bell still stealing koo koo Brendad’s money? Bill, its time to stop stealing her money.

by Anonymousreply 43November 24, 2018 5:59 PM

It's (almost) an episode of "Guys in Sweat Pants" with both Rey and Nick walking around shirtless in sweats on Monday.

Too bad they're not in a scene together, though.. lol!

Jordi appears to be manscaping.

And playing with a beer bottle next to his crotch was a nice touch.

I wonder if McLaughlin wrote that into the script.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44November 24, 2018 7:38 PM

Jordi has the best moods in daytime.

by Anonymousreply 45November 24, 2018 8:06 PM

Moobs! Damned autocorrect.

by Anonymousreply 46November 24, 2018 8:07 PM

Melissa Egan became good friends with Little when he worked at AMC. I wouldn’t be surprised if she returns to Y&R because of him. He’s also really tight with Crishell Stause. Maybe she’ll end up at Y&R, too?

by Anonymousreply 47November 24, 2018 8:08 PM

Jordi has women titties.

by Anonymousreply 48November 24, 2018 8:12 PM

Chrishell Hartley (as she calls herself now) was already on Y&R two years ago when she played "Bethany Bryant."

I hope neither she nor Egan return. They're part of a group of ABC daytime soap actresses that all just kind of blend together.

by Anonymousreply 49November 24, 2018 8:24 PM

I can see Little bringing Stause back as another character. Would he and Young have the balls to recast Heinle with her?

by Anonymousreply 50November 24, 2018 8:43 PM

Who's McLaughlin?

by Anonymousreply 51November 24, 2018 8:46 PM

R51 Christian McLaughlin is one of Y&R's current scriptwriters. I believe he returned to the show when SSM and Alden were hired. He averages about one episode a week. He created and helped produce the campy "Spyder Games" for MTV (which SSM was EP of). He's also a published novelist. He actually interned for Y&R way back in the early 90s, and was a fan of the show when he was a gayling - once saying that he "grew up on Rose DeVille."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 52November 24, 2018 9:13 PM

Y,&R is spending money on new sets again.

by Anonymousreply 53November 24, 2018 9:37 PM

I don't understand the reason for the design of Nick's new place. Those two -l-o-n-g- hallways at a perpendicular to one another that characters have to walk through to get from the main room to the (unseen?) front door just seem really odd.

by Anonymousreply 54November 24, 2018 9:53 PM

Is it true that Joshua Morrow sort of demanded his new storyline and sets and put the kibosh of Nick and Sharon? I didn't know he had that kind of power.

by Anonymousreply 55November 24, 2018 9:56 PM

I read rumors on Twitter that he threatened to walk if they didn't change up Nick and his storyline. I also read that he doesn't like that GT is clearly pro-Phyllis/Billy on social media but has been rather silent about Phyllis/Nick. IDK.

by Anonymousreply 56November 24, 2018 10:17 PM

Where is Joshua Morrow going to walk to? No offense to the guy, but what are his options outside of Y&R? Maybe he comes from money.

by Anonymousreply 57November 24, 2018 10:39 PM

No one is able to demand anything from Mal Young, except Little Miss Dolly Parton.

by Anonymousreply 58November 24, 2018 11:47 PM

R57 I don't think he comes from money, but he's made money in California real estate.

e.g. He bought the old house in Pacific Palisades for $3.7 million, and in six years sold it for $5.4 million. But the new one he then bought in Lake Sherwood only cost $3.3 million. So right there, he made about $2 million realized profit.

by Anonymousreply 59November 24, 2018 11:58 PM

[quote] Where is Joshua Morrow going to walk to? No offense to the guy, but what are his options outside of Y&R?

Truer words were never spoken!

by Anonymousreply 60November 25, 2018 1:08 AM

Josh was pretty upfront in interviews that he was unhappy & told tptb he was going to walk when his contract came up earlier this year.

YR capitulated & gave him the moon to get him to stay. In the interviews he said he wanted Nick to be a big dog mover & shaker He resents Shick & didn't want it. He wanted a revisit a Phick

So the blew up Shick & Philly, made Nick into a watered down version of Adam & gave him 2 gigantic sets

by Anonymousreply 61November 25, 2018 2:06 AM

Josh is the Drake Hogestyn of Y&R. Pretty and masculine but unable to convincingly act out a fart.

by Anonymousreply 62November 25, 2018 2:27 AM

Drake Hogestyn is an all-out bad actor, like Ronn Moss. Morrow to me is just mediocre.

by Anonymousreply 63November 25, 2018 2:37 AM

At least as a "mover and shaker" (RME), Morrow has been forced to shampoo, get his hair cut, and groom his less than impressive beard. In the past, there were times when he was looking downright grungy.

by Anonymousreply 64November 25, 2018 3:28 AM

R64

Can somebody force EB to cut & shampoo his hair? It's so greasy you could lube a car.

by Anonymousreply 65November 25, 2018 3:48 AM

Does Josh actually like Sharon Case? He always seemed to favour that cunt Staff over Case. He never seems he is into his scenes with Case. When they reunited, you could tell he was just phoning it in (well, more than usual for him). They had such amazing chemistry when they were younger but something changed along the way.

I can't stand both EB and MTS but you can't deny they ALWAYS have chemistry and seem to enjoy working together.

by Anonymousreply 66November 25, 2018 3:48 AM

Have to say that Sharon Case has aged very well.

by Anonymousreply 67November 25, 2018 4:00 AM

R66

I honestly think it stems from jealousy on Josh's part. Sharon has been given so many years of character damaging writing yet despite it she has a strong fan following. They advocate for her & love the character no matter what shit they throw at her. SC has also been able to create chemistry & fan bases with other pairings. SC never fails to speak very highly of Josh in interviews & speak highly of what they've created. He acts like a brat.

Josh has utterly failed at every pairing except Case & Stafford

by Anonymousreply 68November 25, 2018 4:00 AM

SC has always appeared to work really hard to make whatever scenes she's in work for her character, even if she goes overboard at times. JM has spent years phoning it in and he is boring as hell.

by Anonymousreply 69November 25, 2018 4:45 AM

Josh Morrow said in an interview once that he thought Nick and Sharon were the endgame. Staffy was DEEPLY HURT by this observation on Morrow's part.

She felt he was choosing Sharon over her.

For cryin' out loud, Nick and Sharon have been a couple since 1994.

Phyllis was a detour; actor shouldn't take this stuff personally.

by Anonymousreply 70November 25, 2018 5:30 AM

It sounds like Stafford was a handful on that set. Any truth to anything Rowell had to say about her?

by Anonymousreply 71November 25, 2018 6:25 AM

Yeah, R70. It was something like a year ago that Morrow told an interviewer that Sharon is Nick's "Juliet" (he being "Romeo",) so while perpetually "star-crossed," he still sees them as end game.

And the reason why he enjoyed working with The Staff seemed less about story and more about her. She's like "one of the boys." He can sit around and talk sports with her and not have to worry about burping and farting in front of her. She's probably doing it too.

by Anonymousreply 72November 25, 2018 6:32 AM

[quote] I can't stand both EB and MTS but you can't deny they ALWAYS have chemistry and seem to enjoy working together.

"Seem" is the operative word. .. They get along much better these days, but there was a time when it was simple toleration. .. I know one of those periods was mid-00s - around the same time she wanted her character to become more involved with Bobby Marsino (John Enos). .. Now there's a guy she absolutely loved working with. Instead, he gets canned, and his character is killed off .. and there were rumors why that happened .. lol!)

by Anonymousreply 73November 25, 2018 6:38 AM

R67. I think so too but some days she looks red and puffy. I think she was messing with her face for a minute there.

by Anonymousreply 74November 25, 2018 6:50 AM

R67, She looked even better on the days her hair was pulled back last week.

by Anonymousreply 75November 25, 2018 10:21 AM

Not seeing much heat between Rey and Mia. Their kisses seem as awkward as Kyle and Lola's. You just know there's an Arturo/Mia sex scene coming up. Who will walk in on them?

by Anonymousreply 76November 25, 2018 10:26 AM

Case has had really good surgery. The only downside is her seeming inability to blink.

by Anonymousreply 77November 25, 2018 10:59 AM

R77

I don't think Case has had surgery. She's a too heavy user of Botox.

Case is still a very pretty woman with a banging body. My main issue is her hair. It looks so much better when it's not flat-ironed & when it's not so blonde.

The hair falling in her eyes would drive me insane.

by Anonymousreply 78November 25, 2018 12:52 PM

Her hair looks much better when it's pulled back. I had to laugh when Mia called her "St. Sharon of the Flat Iron". That was a good one.

by Anonymousreply 79November 25, 2018 6:29 PM

Sharon has the wide eyed look. The eyes don’t close anymore. SC has kinda botched up her face.

by Anonymousreply 80November 25, 2018 6:42 PM

Kay chasing the beef.

Who's the beardo in the show open?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 81November 25, 2018 6:51 PM

Lawd, Bill Bell's writing should've been marketed as a cure for insomnia.

by Anonymousreply 82November 25, 2018 7:03 PM

R81 The guy with the beard was Tom Ligon, who played "Lucas Prentiss." .. The beard went along with Lucas being some kind of sailor working in the Far East when Lorie Brooks tracked him down.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 83November 25, 2018 7:05 PM

[quote]Lawd, Bill Bell's writing should've been marketed as a cure for insomnia.

Then you would hated soap opera before 1980.

by Anonymousreply 84November 25, 2018 7:08 PM

Jeanne Cooper was about 52 in that episode? She looked 70 way back then. The old lady hairdo. Jesus, that was boring!

by Anonymousreply 85November 25, 2018 7:11 PM

Lucas was part of the L-Quad. .. And he eventually shaved his beard.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 86November 25, 2018 7:12 PM

NuLatinaLeslie! Much better than than Lynde creature.

by Anonymousreply 87November 25, 2018 7:16 PM

Wings Hauser is cringeworthy. And the Jonas-FauxLeslie story was Bell's craptastic. They all ended up on the Prentiss Jet to go save the children in Santa Leandro.

by Anonymousreply 88November 25, 2018 7:17 PM

Tessa wearing flannel made my day.

by Anonymousreply 89November 25, 2018 7:41 PM

Stafford overstayed her welcome and thought she was Queen Bee. I wonder if there was a power struggle after Jeanne died to proclaim one’s self as the Queen of Y&R. You know MTS and La Staff probably thought they were the Queen even before Cooper died.

Agree about Case. She is a complete professional who has been able to withstand some of the most atrocious writing (and character assassination) to remain a beloved heroine. She does have great chemistry with other actors. She and Diego were fucking hot.

by Anonymousreply 90November 25, 2018 7:55 PM

R90

Case was also crazy hot with Muhney. I also thought she looked gorgeous when her character had to die her hair brown when she went into hiding during part of that story.

I'd kill for her to ditch the platinum & return to that warm caramel color.

by Anonymousreply 91November 25, 2018 8:05 PM

She and Muhney/Sharon and Adam actually worked really well. I don't know why they messed with that.

by Anonymousreply 92November 25, 2018 8:09 PM

Staff got really slopping during her last few years and apparently got pissed when JFP sent her memo telling her to stop with the incessant three-peating of words and lines and inserting words like 'absolutely' and 'definitely' every other sentence.

by Anonymousreply 93November 25, 2018 8:43 PM

MTS was queen after Jaime Lyn Bauer left in 1982 and she still is.....36 years later!

by Anonymousreply 94November 25, 2018 8:50 PM

Josh is a really nice guy but he's not a great actor; he can shine in the stuff related to kids - Cassie dying, keeping Christian from Victor -- but do I buy him as this mogul in the skyscraper out to out-Victor Victor?

No.

There's no story to back it up.

What exactly IS Dark Horse anyway? Victor hasn't been on the scene for over a month and they may finally be backburnering him.

Nick has no Adam to fight. What are his goals? He's gone from wanting to spend the rest of life Sharon to asking Phyllis to move in with him.

Why?

by Anonymousreply 95November 25, 2018 8:51 PM

Fuck Muhney. He’s a perv who should never work again. And he hasn’t. Thank GOD the perv cannot get a job.

by Anonymousreply 96November 25, 2018 8:52 PM

I thought MTS only became the queen bee because she was married to the guy running the show. Apparently she got pissed off at Jeanne at some point for some unknown reason, if Jeanne's bio is legit.

by Anonymousreply 97November 25, 2018 8:57 PM

R95 Braeden has been on vacation. He’s back this week and according to him he has a big story. We will see. Victor without his ranch and office is much less. The days of him dominating the show are probably over.

by Anonymousreply 98November 25, 2018 9:00 PM

R92, more autumn than what...than what?

Oh, I just got it.

Funny.

by Anonymousreply 99November 25, 2018 9:02 PM

Did Ed push for Brenda to be fired, so Mel could become Queen?

by Anonymousreply 100November 25, 2018 9:21 PM

Why is it that you never hear about this kind of craziness on other soap sets. Is there something in the water over at Y&R?

by Anonymousreply 101November 25, 2018 9:27 PM

Did someone say "water" ??

Come on over to GH, and I can sell you a case of Monavie.

by Anonymousreply 102November 25, 2018 9:45 PM

R101 It happens elsewhere.

There's always low key rivalries but most sets are pretty solid. Most of the East Coast shows were mellow, unless there was one particular rivalry between a couple or between two actresses (it's almost always actresses). They had an occasional diva who could be tiresome (hi, Zimmer!) but the NYC theater types are just more about the work getting done.

Paul Rauch pissed off a lot of people at GL and made the set a little crazy and same with Goutman at ATWT, but it still didn't make things as batshittery as Y&R has always been. EB, Melody and Peter B have shit written into their contracts about their characters and it has an effect on story- theirs and others.

by Anonymousreply 103November 25, 2018 9:45 PM

That's interesting R103. I wonder what they have written in their contracts. Just from reading message boards and blogs, you get the feelings that the actors are constantly fighting over there.

by Anonymousreply 104November 25, 2018 9:50 PM

R101. No drama over here!

by Anonymousreply 105November 25, 2018 9:51 PM

Silly to think Morrow would ever quit this job. .. He's repeatedly said how much he loves working at Y&R, because it provides him a steady livelihoodm but more importantly, the regular schedule he needs to do sports with his boys. It's all about his kids and sports. That's what he himself wanted to do after high school, but the pro-athlete path didn't work out. .. As for Y&R, he's the guy who'd go for and sign five-year contracts when such things existed. .. In short, he's got four mouths to feed and lots and lots of equipment to buy.

by Anonymousreply 106November 25, 2018 10:39 PM

They wanted to bring Keemo back on a few occasions, but Bergman absolutely hated everything related to that storyline and put the kibosh on it. How does an actor have the power to do that? Even arguably bigger stars like Lucci, Canary, and Slezak never had veto power. They played what was on the page, whether they liked it or not.

by Anonymousreply 107November 26, 2018 12:27 AM

here's my theory: Y&R will get ratings bumps on things like Ashley leaving, Nick and Sharon's wedding blowing up; but big climaxes involving new characters - or with stupid stories like JT.s' killers (It was SELF DEFENSE!) - won't help the ratings at all.

by Anonymousreply 108November 26, 2018 3:54 AM

Chuck Pratt regularly got over 5 million viewers and many weeks reached 5 and a half million. Mal Young has never once reached 5 million in a week and now regularly bottoms out at 4 million. Yet this brit is still employed. It boggles the mind. Sally and Kay were shown the door after a few months when their ratings were at 4.6 million. CBS clearly wants the show trashed so they can replace it with a cheap talk or game show.

by Anonymousreply 109November 26, 2018 4:26 AM

Bring back LML! It was written like a prime time show. It was the only time I ever enjoyed this dumb soap.

by Anonymousreply 110November 26, 2018 5:28 PM

has there been corresponding slippage with the other shows?

Don't get me wrong, I'm no fan of Mal's. He writes like Maria. A series of bang moments that aren't connected.

They have no plan. They may think they one in their heads but it simply does not translate.

Bill Bell could build a while week's worth of episodes to say, for example, Kay coming to John's for a party and Jill is fearful that Kay's going to give away some big secret and during the party the tension is high.

The secret, of course, doesn't come out, but Bill would have taken the story in another direction.

Here's a clip: Kay's about to show John slides of Jack and Jill screwing; Jill fakes being sick to get out of it; Kay's thrilled that this prolongs Jill's torment.

Perhaps not the best example, but I think the show has lost these kind of moments that string together a longer storyline.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 111November 26, 2018 5:42 PM

Did y’all get the survey from Sony asking about a cooking show? Buh bye Y&R. Sony is shopping around your replacement.

by Anonymousreply 112November 26, 2018 6:28 PM

Terry Lester was so hot.

by Anonymousreply 113November 26, 2018 7:19 PM

R111 You're right.

But I don't know if it's the writers per se.

Networks don't seem to like the fine mini psychological drama that soaps were so good at any more.

Characters are written as all bad or all good far too often.

No one's allowed to be an intelligent bitchy cunt like Kay was.

by Anonymousreply 114November 26, 2018 7:23 PM

Weird to see young Nikki

And completely different John Abbott and Jill

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 115November 26, 2018 7:32 PM

[quote] has there been corresponding slippage with the other shows?

Yes. Looking at the last reported week of ratings, Y&R, B&B, and GH are all down in total viewers, year-over-year, by double digit percentages.

GH is the worst, down 12%. B&B and Y&R are both down above 10%.

And Days is back in the toilet. The gains Carlivati made last year have disappeared. The show is back to the 2.1 - 2.2 million total viewer range. There was actually a week in September when Days was just over 2 million, and it tied its all time low in the HouseHold number.

by Anonymousreply 116November 26, 2018 7:44 PM

They'll all be gone in the next 2-3 years. Daytime just can't make decent shows on the budgets they have.

by Anonymousreply 117November 26, 2018 7:46 PM

[quote] Bill Bell could build a week's worth of episodes to say, for example, Kay coming to John's for a party and Jill is fearful that Kay's going to give away some big secret and during the party the tension is high.

That story of Jack & Jill having their sex romp while snowbound in the cabin -- and all the intervening melodrama leading to John finding out the big secret that Jack was the man in the photos -- lasted TWO AND A HALF YEARS! (It started during November Sweeps 1983 with John not finding out it was Jack until March 1986.)

Given the attention span of today's audience, and all the irritable impatience that seems to be prevalent on soap opera message boards, I wonder if that kind of writing would fly.

by Anonymousreply 118November 26, 2018 8:03 PM

R115

I didn’t know there was another John... learn something new every day

by Anonymousreply 119November 26, 2018 8:06 PM

All these Brits coming who have no idea how American soaps operate... they want to make the shows British.

by Anonymousreply 120November 26, 2018 8:15 PM

That clip reminds me that Jill actually started working at Jabot BEFORE Jack. .. While there, Jill found out that Daddy John would love it if his son would join him at Jabot, but Jack was this tennis-bum-playboy. .. Jill approached Jack to try to convince him to come on board. .. Jack agreed, but mainly because he thought he could get Jill into bed.

by Anonymousreply 121November 26, 2018 8:22 PM

Brenda Dickson was stunning here.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 122November 26, 2018 8:25 PM

If Joshua Morrow wasn't working on Y&R for whatever reason, he'd be a fixture in Hallmark Channel movies.

by Anonymousreply 123November 26, 2018 8:36 PM

Binge watched old FBI eps and found one with Brenda Dick as a bank teller messing around with a robber. Jessica Tandy was in the same ep and came off over the top while BD was relatively restrained.

by Anonymousreply 124November 26, 2018 9:11 PM

R120

Honey, the British soaps are much better than anything the 4 remaining soaps give us.

I wish CBS/Sony would allow them to truly embrace how Hollyoaks ,Emmerdale , Corrie or Eastenders do a soap.

American soaps are dying because the networks refuse to move into the 21st Century.

by Anonymousreply 125November 26, 2018 9:15 PM

[quote] American soaps are dying because the networks refuse to move into the 21st Century.

I think some of the NY soaps would still be alive if they had done that.

All the shows needed/still need to go back to 30 minutes.

They need to repeat at night or in an omnibus on weekends, as they do in the UK.

by Anonymousreply 126November 26, 2018 9:22 PM

While I agree that the UK soaps are generally better, EastEnders has been pretty rubbish the last two years. (You'll notice the decline in ratings supports this.) .. The much ballyhooed, John Yorke (who refuses to be called EP) has proven you can't go home again, and honestly, his material is worse than that of his one-year predecessor, Sean O'Connor. .. Hopefully, incoming EP (Kate Oates from Emmerdale and Coronation Street) can turn things around in 2019. And notice how these shows are doing the same musical-chair-routine as American soaps, with EP's going from soap to soap?

Meanwhile, Emmerdale still has too much lame "country humor" going on and could easily get rid of a dozen boring, 'unfunny' characters whose only purpose seems to be to fill up time so the show can lodge six episodes per week. Cut all that crap out, and you might have a decent, four-episode show per week. Corrie is a little better in that department, but personally I'm not looking forward to incoming EP Iain McLeod's work. I actually stopped watching Emmerdale when he was EP there, and once he left Hollyoaks, where he was an associate producer before, the show improved noticeably.

And speaking of Hollyoaks, I personally find it the most consistently entertaining of the six UK soaps I watch. It's also the most diverse. If Mr. Little brings any British influence to Y&R, I hope it reflects something from his time at the Channel 4 soap.

The other UK soap I love is the Welsh one, Pobol y Cwm (People of the Valley). It's budget is slim, but it's so entirely character driven. Moreover, they've got a hot gay couple, as well as a masculine farmer who was just revealed to be gay and on Grindr. They've also got a bisexual villainess (troublemaker) in the village who puts the moves on just about anyone she's attracted to.

by Anonymousreply 127November 26, 2018 9:54 PM

I thought Heinle was really good today.

by Anonymousreply 128November 26, 2018 10:07 PM

[quote] They need to repeat at night or in an omnibus on weekends, as they do in the UK.

Well, Y&R does repeat on the CBS-owned POP channel. .. But these days, there's not much difference between repeating the show that way and making them available for streaming at the network website and/or places like OnDemand or Hulu. .. The trend for non-linear viewing appears to be to give viewers the option of "Anytime TV." EastEnders gave up the omnibus for that very reason.

by Anonymousreply 129November 26, 2018 10:13 PM

The soaps are all on borrowed time. It won’t be long now.

by Anonymousreply 130November 26, 2018 10:26 PM

From what I've heard from other boards Mal doesn't actually "write". He pretty gathers his writers room together and tells them what to write about. Someone on another board says there is no long story written by one or two headwriter(s), that Mal just gives them his ideas and it's up to writers to flesh it all out. Don't know if it's true, but you have to admit Y&R is very choppy.

by Anonymousreply 131November 26, 2018 11:28 PM

So Lola's a VIRGIN .. lol!

That'll make performance anxiety less of an issue for JaBottom.

She'll have nothing to compare him to.

by Anonymousreply 132November 27, 2018 12:19 AM

Can some elaborate on the scenario a poster mentioned above about Kyle becoming a pass-around bottom. First Nick, then Cane, the Devon, then Nate, then Arturo, and finally Rey? It sounds interesting, Extremely interesting.

by Anonymousreply 133November 27, 2018 12:25 AM

Replace Devon with Billy, please. .. Or better yet, have it be the venue revealing that J.T. isn't really dead.

by Anonymousreply 134November 27, 2018 12:38 AM

Y&R is not doing a gay male storyline. You freaks. Advertisers don’t care about homosexual men who watch daytime soap operas.

by Anonymousreply 135November 27, 2018 12:41 AM

I've tweeted Mal a few times about doing a gay male storyline. After all, gay men make up a sizable portion of the audience and I think we should be represented. He's never responded.

by Anonymousreply 136November 27, 2018 12:47 AM

They prefer sexless lesbians on Y&R. Gays need not apply.

by Anonymousreply 137November 27, 2018 12:58 AM

“I thought Heinle was really good today.”

Me too. She was O/S. Give her an edge like today.

by Anonymousreply 138November 27, 2018 1:04 AM

Everyone in the business knows that total viewers mean squat. It’s all about the demos. Period. Advertisers buy time based on demos only. Gay male viewers is NOT a demo that advertisers look for in daytime. So have your little fantasies, but it is a waste of time. You mean nothing to the networks and advertisers. The execs couldn’t care less about you.

by Anonymousreply 139November 27, 2018 1:28 AM

[quote] Everyone in the business knows that total viewers mean squat. It’s all about the demos.

Which would actually go along with the strategy to feature a gay (male) storyline. .. Most of the shippers of the gay male couples are young women. .. NBC actually credited the boost in Days' demos to "WilSon" fangurls, referring to the increase as The Queer As Folk Effect, since that cable series about gay men had the same phenomenon: scads of young women tuning in to watch gay guys.

by Anonymousreply 140November 27, 2018 2:25 AM

R140 Oh hunnie. Keep telling yourself that. Ok.

by Anonymousreply 141November 27, 2018 3:06 AM

Eric Braeden is definitely voting for Jason Canela for the Best Actor Emmy. lol

by Anonymousreply 142November 27, 2018 3:20 AM

To EE viewers:

Devon is the Y&R equivalent of Jay on EE, isn’t he? He’ll have a job forever but not a storyline of his own because he’s not hunky and has no legitimate family ties on the show.

by Anonymousreply 143November 27, 2018 3:41 AM

Jordi has women’s titties. They are moobs.

by Anonymousreply 144November 27, 2018 3:55 AM

Victoria was really good today. She needs more scenes like that.

by Anonymousreply 145November 27, 2018 4:02 AM

You got that right R105

by Anonymousreply 146November 27, 2018 4:05 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 147November 27, 2018 4:05 AM

Woo hoo!!!!! Y&R hit 4.19 milion viewers. Celebrate! When Phelps and Pratt were in charge, Y&R had over 5 million viewers.

by Anonymousreply 148November 27, 2018 4:25 AM

Why aren't we gay men considered an important demo? We probably have higher incomes and are better educated than the 35-year-old trailer trash fraus they're currently targeting.

by Anonymousreply 149November 27, 2018 5:10 AM

R143 Sort of. .. And it would certainly make a lot more sense if Devon (like Jay) owned one black suit and worked as the local mortician running the neighborhood funeral parlor as opposed to trying to convince us that he's some kind of kind of influential, high-powered, multi-billionaire businessman.

by Anonymousreply 150November 27, 2018 5:14 AM

R127

How can I watch the Welsh soap?

R129

POP quit carrying YR & B&B about a month ago.

by Anonymousreply 151November 27, 2018 5:30 AM

[R151] B&B yes, but POP only removed Y&R from its evening slot for a few days (it remained on in its morning slot) for a sort-of Charmed marathon.

by Anonymousreply 152November 27, 2018 6:32 AM

Yes, Y&R is still airing on POP at 7 p.m. and 9 a.m. on weekdays.

by Anonymousreply 153November 27, 2018 8:21 AM

The intro of the Rosales family has helped Y&R's ratings. Mia is so much better than Hillary as an out and out bad girl. I think they'll keep her hopping in and out of other stories. You just KNOW she and Victor are going to team up at some point and which of those two power houses will come out on top will make a good story.

by Anonymousreply 154November 27, 2018 9:00 AM

R151 You have to be in the UK or have a VPN that lets you watch BBC iPlayer or the Welsh channel S4C (which gets funding from the BBC). I suppose someone may clip the gay storyline, but I don't watch that way, as I watch the whole show, so can't advise. It's in Welsh, btw, so non-speakers like myself need the English closed-captions from the source.

by Anonymousreply 155November 27, 2018 9:17 AM

R149 If you watch Y&R at cbs.com, they probably know (and care) that you're a man (and might even consider that you're a gay). .. I can tell by the ads that I get when watching Y&R there, that they've figured out my sex, my approximate age, my income level, and probably a few other things about me. One thing I noticed last time I was there is that I was under the impression that they think I smoke, as I got an ad for Chantix and another one related to some drug that treats lung cancer. Compared to the ads I was getting for cars, technical gadgets, mens clothing, etc., I thought those two were rather odd. But then I remembered that I'd done an internet search awhile back related to the patch (to stop smoking) with one of my sisters.

by Anonymousreply 156November 27, 2018 9:40 AM

r125 that's bullshit. The American soap model worked for decades and is nothing like the British... we had scores, lighting, emphasis on faces, we weren't hyper naturalistic. Soap is an American artform, the British changed it to suit their own sensibility (and preference for documentary style reality), and what we need to do is go back to how we were, not change.

by Anonymousreply 157November 27, 2018 10:12 AM

I tweeted Mal and just said 2 words to him: More Lezzys!!!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 158November 27, 2018 11:48 AM

R157

You much be 60 y/o to not realize soaps need to go forward not backwards.

by Anonymousreply 159November 27, 2018 12:39 PM

How about soaps just telling a good story? GET political - have characters take sides and debate. Have a true representation of minorities. The African Americans and Hispanics on Y&R are laughable. What about a have not black female - who'll do anything to survive? She sells her body for drugs - something like that.

by Anonymousreply 160November 27, 2018 12:55 PM

R160. You are so right. Remember when AMC tackled abortion and Vietnam and Erica's gay daughter.

by Anonymousreply 161November 27, 2018 1:38 PM

Kay's pussy reeked of booze, cigarettes, and stable-boy cum.

by Anonymousreply 162November 27, 2018 8:24 PM

R162 No, that was MY puss-he!

by Anonymousreply 163November 27, 2018 8:27 PM

If Y&R wants an issue-based storyline, I'd suggest they think about doing one involving male body dysmorphia. I don't think any American daytime soap has handled this subject with a male yet. .. It seems to be on the rise and one form now called "Muscle Dysmorphia" or "Bigorexia."

What the guy would see in the mirror wouldn't match with reality, so he'd begin an excessive (and secret) amount of working out, diet alteration, and illicit steroid use.

They handled this subject on Hollyoaks a few years ago with teenager, Jason Roscoe. His problem was exacerbated because he was also borderline diabetic. He was the youngest son in a family of boys and didn't think he measured up to his three older, athletic brothers or his twin, Robbie.

"You mean, an eating disorder? .. like a girl?"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 164November 27, 2018 8:55 PM

Why is Kyle growing his beard to look like Arturo and Rey"s?

LOLA is a virgin? I wonder how many times they had to rehearse it before she could say it without laughing?

by Anonymousreply 165November 27, 2018 9:23 PM

So who's top and who's bottom in Swicklor? They both seem like voracious bottoms.

by Anonymousreply 166November 27, 2018 9:30 PM

MM grew out the beard to look like his buddy, JS.

by Anonymousreply 167November 27, 2018 9:30 PM

Most younger guys are vers, but I imagine the topping percentage is probably 75/25 for his buddy

by Anonymousreply 168November 27, 2018 9:34 PM

So SWICKLOR is really a legit thing? They're seeing each other IRL?

by Anonymousreply 169November 27, 2018 9:39 PM

Mealor and Swickard are both straight.

by Anonymousreply 170November 27, 2018 9:47 PM

R170 is correct.

Straight to bed!

by Anonymousreply 171November 27, 2018 10:19 PM

I think a passengee jet should explode over Genoa City like he did on Emmerdale, paralyzing Victor forever. And then Kim Tate shows up, becomes his final wife, refuses to give him medication when he’s on the floor begging for his life and she checks to see if he’s still breathing from her make-up compact, giving herself a final touch up before hopping on a helicopter.

by Anonymousreply 172November 27, 2018 11:02 PM

Has anyone told Dummer that if she takes the job in Abu Dhabi she won't be able to flash the cleavage to impress? Skirts would have to be below the knees, and actually, pants suits from the Stephanie Forrester Collection would be a better choice.

by Anonymousreply 173November 28, 2018 12:01 AM

Lola picked the wrong town to be a virgin.

by Anonymousreply 174November 28, 2018 2:38 AM

Why would they tease us with Summer leaving?? I want it to happen but it won't!

by Anonymousreply 175November 28, 2018 3:09 AM

And Abby's upset that daddy didn't pick her? .. Can't they both go?

by Anonymousreply 176November 28, 2018 6:49 AM

r159 because stripping the show of those classical features takes away its identity. You want a British soap, watch one of them. American soaps do what they do with great effect.

by Anonymousreply 177November 28, 2018 10:00 AM

Lola as a virgin is absolutely riveting. The Rosales family represent the true America.

by Anonymousreply 178November 28, 2018 11:26 AM

I actually totally understood Sheila's hatred for Lauren, who was such a spoiled bitch and constantly taunted her about her ability to win back Scott. Everything Sheila did against that woman was motivated and on some level, most of us feel it was justified.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 179November 28, 2018 11:40 AM

Maybe Lola’s a virgin because she secretly isn’t attracted to men. Send her my way!

by Anonymousreply 180November 28, 2018 2:37 PM

Great idea, Mariah! Then, when I break up with Lola, I think it would be great for Rey and Arturo to teach me a lesson for breaking it off with their sister...a lesson I will never forget! Mal, get cracking on this!

by Anonymousreply 181November 28, 2018 3:16 PM

Terry Lester died 15 years ago today.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 182November 28, 2018 11:05 PM

Rey's shirt looked sprayed on today. Not only could you see the tip of the nipple...you could make out the whole areole. The man has major tits! Mmmm.

by Anonymousreply 183November 28, 2018 11:33 PM

R180 Ding ding ding! You've won a toaster! But of course, this being Y&R, LOLa the Virgin will go gaga for JaBottom's forbidden fruit.

by Anonymousreply 184November 28, 2018 11:40 PM

R183 Rey's ass looked pretty too.

Sorry, Dougie! You've been replaced.

by Anonymousreply 185November 28, 2018 11:54 PM

But does Rey's bulge rival Doug's? That's the question that must be answered.

by Anonymousreply 186November 29, 2018 12:01 AM

Maybe maybe not, R184. .. I remember when Ryan McNeil and The Virgin Tricia Dennison went to Aspen for her deflowering ceremony, and she was less than blown away by the sex. .. Clearly disappointed, Tricia said, "I thought it would feel different."

by Anonymousreply 187November 29, 2018 12:43 AM

R186 Rey's beer can cock not being framed with grey pubes is enough reason to go with him.

by Anonymousreply 188November 29, 2018 12:46 AM

I liked Tricia. The actress who played her died, correct?

by Anonymousreply 189November 29, 2018 12:47 AM

Truly, go the FUCK away Serial, just to be an asshole. Fuck you Serial Spicen! From, everyone.

by Anonymousreply 190November 29, 2018 1:58 AM

WOW....Interesting daytime connections to the Les Moonves story.

Apparently Joshua Morrow met with him before he resigned.....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 191November 29, 2018 2:28 AM

Does Lola have the only adult hymen left in Genoa City?

by Anonymousreply 192November 29, 2018 2:40 AM

JaBottom lost his a long time ago.

by Anonymousreply 193November 29, 2018 2:42 AM

JaBottom will never mange to penetrate LOLaVirgin. But she might still get pregnant through immaculate conception.

by Anonymousreply 194November 29, 2018 2:54 AM

Can anyone remind me when titty touchers first day back is? I want to set my dvr. Thank you in advance.

by Anonymousreply 195November 29, 2018 11:27 AM

Another take on Morrow meeting. Read the article twice and still didn’t understand the significance.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 196November 29, 2018 4:59 PM

JM wanted to be paired with a certain actress so he met with the real higher ups.Or, he gave Les a blowjob.

by Anonymousreply 197November 29, 2018 5:13 PM

Can someone please please please slap Nate. How annoying can one character be? I feel sorry for the actor

by Anonymousreply 198November 29, 2018 5:28 PM

JM probably sucked a lot of dicks to get the gig on Y&R. Lord knows he didn't get it on acting ability.

by Anonymousreply 199November 29, 2018 5:28 PM

JM is a masculine, straight dude jock bro. He don’t suck no dick.

by Anonymousreply 200November 29, 2018 5:30 PM

I hate the way Nate acts with his hands. He is so awful I miss that terrible actor who played Jordan.

by Anonymousreply 201November 29, 2018 6:09 PM

[quote] Apparently Joshua Morrow met with him before he resigned.....

===========

SECRETARY: "Mr. Moonves .. Joshua Morrow is here to see you now."

LM : "Joshua, WHO?"

S: "Joshua Morrow .. He's another client of Mr. Dauer's and an actor currently under contract on "The Young & the Restless" looking for potential prime time opportunities.

LM: "You mean the soap opera with that old kraut, Hans Burden?"

S: "It's actually 'Eric Braeden,' Mr. Moonves. .. But yes, THAT daytime soap opera."

LM: "Shit! .... I didn't even know we were still running that dinosaur. .. Are you sure?"

S: Yes, sir.

LM: "Get me their Nielsen numbers STAT. .. This doesn't sound right. .. Then, call McD and tell her to put that pork burrito down and send me whatever she's got on those new versions of 'Password' and 'Pyramid.' we'd been testing .. God, how I used to love watching Pyramid. .. Exciting stuff."

S: "Yes, sir. Shall I send Mr. Morrow in now?"

LM: "Okay. .. But make sure to buzz me in five minutes for some 'emergency meeting' or something. .. I don't have all day. .. Julie wants me to go shoe shopping with her."

S: Yes, sir.

LM: "Hold on. .. Is this Murrow one of the gay guys on Y&R? .. You know, half of them are gay over there. .. Not that there's anything wrong with that. .. I just want to know."

S: "I don't think so, sir. .. In my opinion, he doesn't appear bright enough to be gay .. although he does have very full lips."

LM: "Good to know. .. Alright, send this Joe guy in."

S: "That's 'Joshua,' sir."

LM: "Whatever. .. And remember five minutes, starting now."

by Anonymousreply 202November 29, 2018 7:11 PM

Nate is just annoying and awful

by Anonymousreply 203November 29, 2018 7:38 PM

Nate is useless.

by Anonymousreply 204November 29, 2018 7:39 PM

Nate needs an intervention.

by Anonymousreply 205November 29, 2018 7:39 PM

"And before the elevator door closes, wrap your scarf around your neck and put on your sunglasses - that will show how Devon is really moving on with his hedonistic lifestyle.....yes.....perfect.....get me that Mia girl, she is the Latino Bette Davis.....all this stuff is going to put the ratings through the roof!"

by Anonymousreply 206November 29, 2018 10:32 PM

Dear God in Heaven, this show is shit!

by Anonymousreply 207November 30, 2018 2:43 AM

Lol R202!

by Anonymousreply 208November 30, 2018 2:47 AM

Morrow's manager was basically blackmailing Moonves. But despite the fantasies of the 411 article, if the most he offered the client who was actually sexually harassed was a $5k guest role, I doubt Moonves was changing Y&R plotlines.

by Anonymousreply 209November 30, 2018 7:44 AM

LOL if Mia is the Latina Bette Davis it must be the Rosa Moline character BD did in Beyond the Forest - the self proclaimed worst movie of her career. Let's hope Mia meets the same end as Rosa - but pity the train running over that bitch!

by Anonymousreply 210November 30, 2018 9:27 AM

The Rosales are dragging this show down.

by Anonymousreply 211November 30, 2018 9:57 AM

The Rosales are a breath of fresh air, especially Rey. They need to show him shirtless every goddamn day of the week. A chest like that needs to be appreciated.

by Anonymousreply 212November 30, 2018 1:07 PM

They are casting for Federico - Mia's brother and their grandmother, Counseula.

by Anonymousreply 213November 30, 2018 2:33 PM

Nate needs to go. Please..

by Anonymousreply 214November 30, 2018 2:38 PM

They are casting for Mia’s Abuela. It never ends.

by Anonymousreply 215November 30, 2018 3:38 PM

R212 Totally agree.

The Rosales are so much more entertaining than the tiresome old Winters-Ashby gang. They could write them all out as far as I'm concerned.

And the only sidelined vet I miss is Rikaart - who's killing it on Days of Our Lives, btw That show's gain. It will be fun when Judith Chapman shows up there.

by Anonymousreply 216November 30, 2018 7:16 PM

Hated Rikaart. Kevin is one character they ran into the ground. I miss Gloria some but she should have more to do than being a Jabot receptionist.

by Anonymousreply 217November 30, 2018 7:22 PM

NuFen is back Monday!

by Anonymousreply 218November 30, 2018 7:58 PM

Do we know if he’s on PrEP?

by Anonymousreply 219November 30, 2018 8:07 PM

Everyone lecturing billionaire Devon is getting TIRESOME. He should buy the building and kick Nate out. Cane is beyond annoying, so now I know it's not just when he's with Lily.

by Anonymousreply 220November 30, 2018 8:07 PM

Did Miss Chrissy get a boner around NuFen?

by Anonymousreply 221November 30, 2018 8:12 PM

R220 Devon already owns the building. He bought "The Lakeview Towers" where his own penthouse is.

by Anonymousreply 222November 30, 2018 8:13 PM

Let's hope NuFen is at least vers.

Kyle already fills the powerbottom slot.

by Anonymousreply 223November 30, 2018 8:18 PM

[quote] Let's hope NuFen is at least vers.

NuFen tells his parents he's dropping out of law school and now wants to be a musician. Lauren immediately mentions Danny Romalotti.

Not a good sign.

by Anonymousreply 224November 30, 2018 8:54 PM

there is a pic of NuFen with love in his eyes towards Kyle

by Anonymousreply 225November 30, 2018 9:51 PM

As stated before, Y&R is NOT doing a gay male storyline. Kyle is straight, Fen is straight, Michael Baldwin is straight. Y&R is focused on Angelica McDaniel’s family history and expanding the Rosales footprint on the show. They have no time for gay male storylines.

by Anonymousreply 226November 30, 2018 10:12 PM

I love Mia. She's my favorite character on the show. I can't wait for her abuela to come to Genoa City. Exciting stuff! More Mia!!!!

by Anonymousreply 227November 30, 2018 11:26 PM

Is Mia the fat one or the virgin? I don’t pay attention enough to know the difference.

by Anonymousreply 228December 1, 2018 12:54 AM

In a daring new storyline, Lola, Kyle and Fenn are going to have a three-way. Afterward, Lola will still be a virgin.

by Anonymousreply 229December 1, 2018 1:35 AM

So Mal is burning down the rarely seen Newman Ranch and stables. Nikki almost dies in the fire. Original, huh? Didn’t JFP get trashed for doing the exact same thing? Old Vic will rebuild with the new new Newman ranch looking like the original, but what’s the point? Will this bring viewers back? Oh, the old Newman Ranch is back on Y&R. I’ll tune in again. As if.

by Anonymousreply 230December 1, 2018 1:39 AM

R230

Only thing that would make Nikki & Victor exciting to me would be if they both bit the dust.

by Anonymousreply 231December 1, 2018 1:43 AM

Please tell me Faith is trapped in the fire?

by Anonymousreply 232December 1, 2018 2:29 AM

I hope there's enough time to toast marshmallows before the firemen arrive!

by Anonymousreply 233December 1, 2018 2:39 AM

Why go for marshmallows only when we could have entire Cuban Bar-B-Que with all the fixings?

I can then name off five kinds of grilled meat and 10 side dishes in Spanish.

by Anonymousreply 234December 1, 2018 4:31 AM

OMG, Lola, you're a walking stereotype. No wonder Kyle doesn't want you. Oh, well that and the fact that you don't have a penis.

by Anonymousreply 235December 1, 2018 4:38 AM

Another musician storyline with Fenmore?

by Anonymousreply 236December 1, 2018 6:23 AM

Poor Sharon must be wringing out her panties waiting for Rey to slip her his Latino pinga.

by Anonymousreply 237December 1, 2018 6:27 AM

Ana's a singer too.

by Anonymousreply 238December 1, 2018 6:29 AM

What does it say that Michael first recognized his son from behind as he stood near the GCAC bar?

by Anonymousreply 239December 1, 2018 10:24 AM

Reid coming back will save Y&R!!! Forget about Dina’s bangs.

by Anonymousreply 240December 1, 2018 10:27 AM

It's spelled the same as Grandma Nikki's maiden name, REED.

And why anyone would want to give a child a name that reminds us of pervert, Nick Reed, is beyond me.

That was LML, who also gave us the weird "Fenmore" for a first name.

by Anonymousreply 241December 1, 2018 8:56 PM

You must come from trash R241. Giving children family names is a long and encouraged practice in those of us who come from families who matter.

by Anonymousreply 242December 1, 2018 10:06 PM

R242 It has nothing to do with. The practice is used in my family as well. But no one would name their son after pedophile rapist or something that calls to mind a swampy bog.

by Anonymousreply 243December 1, 2018 10:15 PM

Why another fire at the Newman ranch?

by Anonymousreply 244December 2, 2018 2:46 AM

Lola is a virgin in the vaginal sense, but she has sucked many cocks and taken it up the ass more times than she can count. Hmmm, now that think about it, she and Kyle have more in common that I originally thought.

by Anonymousreply 245December 2, 2018 3:03 AM

R230, I don't think that stuff can hurt; Ron Carlivati brought back both the Floating Rib and Doug's Place.

by Anonymousreply 246December 2, 2018 3:39 AM

Fen, bro, let's grab some brews. Be cool to chill. You down with that, bro?

by Anonymousreply 247December 2, 2018 4:06 AM

[quote] Why another fire at the Newman ranch?

The Ikea Ranch can burn to the ground for all I care. One of the fugliest sets JFP came up with.

Mal probably needs the studio space for La Hacienda Rosales for when the rest of the family shows up.

Nikki and Victor can move in with Victoria at the Father Knows Best house or stay in an all-purpose hotel room at the GCAC .. lol!

by Anonymousreply 248December 2, 2018 4:39 AM

I hope this iteration of Fen is gay. And that he hooks up with Kyle.

by Anonymousreply 249December 2, 2018 5:15 AM

R248, Victoria’s house has already been severely downsized. It’s awful.

by Anonymousreply 250December 2, 2018 6:11 AM

Bring back Roberta Leighton as Dr. Casey Reed as a new love interest for Jack.

by Anonymousreply 251December 2, 2018 6:16 AM

R249 I think Kyle is out of Fen's league...

by Anonymousreply 252December 2, 2018 6:20 AM

Daran Little's screen credit on Monday's December 3, 2018 episode (U.S.):

Story Consultant

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 253December 2, 2018 7:13 AM

This is why they shrank Victoria's house, to pay Daran Little's salary.

by Anonymousreply 254December 2, 2018 7:19 AM

Also, besides the newbie associate writer, Annie Burgstede, mentioned in the previous thread, there's now a new scriptwriter, Sara Endsley, as well. She wrote last Tuesday's episode and this Monday's episode.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 255December 2, 2018 7:34 AM

R251 ... I don't think so. ... Y&R is broadcast in HDTV.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 256December 2, 2018 9:49 AM

Is Sara Bibel still on staff? Or did she get fired?

by Anonymousreply 257December 2, 2018 10:05 AM

Mal has made this a shit show. It gets worse and worse.

by Anonymousreply 258December 2, 2018 12:53 PM

I'm sick of reading that reading that Victoria's set was greatly downsized. That's such bullshit.

The only thing missing is her foyer. Big Whoop!

I also don't care if they burn down the stables. We only saw them maybe once a year.

by Anonymousreply 259December 2, 2018 1:09 PM

Not only is Victoria's foyer missing, but the front door, closet and stairs are missing. I watched an episode where at least two of her guests just let themselves in the house and walked straight to the living room. It looked so silly and unrealistic for people to just let themselves into someone's house. Speaking of sets, I think the show should redesign the coffee house set; it looks so tired. The booths are the worst.

On a different topic, it appears that the show is using more extras lately.

by Anonymousreply 260December 2, 2018 2:47 PM

Curious here. Does Y&R have major plans to increase their ratings? Or are they just going to continue to kill the show?

by Anonymousreply 261December 2, 2018 7:51 PM

Did the 10 feet of the foyer, stairs and revolving door at the GCAC set really take up that much space in the studio?

by Anonymousreply 262December 2, 2018 7:56 PM

Mal Young has completely saved Y&R! Look at the ratings!!!!!!!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 263December 2, 2018 8:41 PM

They are being used on other sets. Note the Rosales apartment set.

by Anonymousreply 264December 3, 2018 8:30 AM

Mia's grandmother Sanchez is going to be the 'talk to person' in the future. Her wisdom will filter into the lives of many GC residents. It will nice to have a 'have not' on the show who isn't a grifter like Tessa.

by Anonymousreply 265December 3, 2018 9:43 AM

I deleted 3 unwatched episodes of Y&R off my dvr yesterday. I just don’t care anymore.

by Anonymousreply 266December 3, 2018 4:47 PM

Fen and Reed will be doing a Y&R version of "Call Me By Your Name." Mark my words.

by Anonymousreply 267December 3, 2018 7:15 PM

I think the girl Fen met is Ana.

by Anonymousreply 268December 3, 2018 7:31 PM

He's only been on one episode & I already prefer this new Fen to Max's version.

by Anonymousreply 269December 3, 2018 8:08 PM

I thought that Shawna was Maddie. Shows how closely I watch this mess. It’s background noise.

by Anonymousreply 270December 3, 2018 8:22 PM

LOVING Mia. 'The Old Lady that owns the building' - perfect.

by Anonymousreply 271December 3, 2018 9:59 PM

Mia s the shining spot in all the changes.

Reminds me of the time Chelsea (aka Georgia) on DAYS, the first one, Mandy Musgrave, when someone said to her: You're a regular Sami Brady.

Chelsea (sneering): "Who's that?"

by Anonymousreply 272December 4, 2018 12:46 AM

Ohmygawd, they actually show the lesbians in bed together tomorrow.

Of course, no lovey dovey or cuddling. Instead, they're reading, and the mood is tense, communication strained.

And when it's lights out, they're facing opposite one another ... back-to-back.

All that's missing is a cat in the middle of the sofa bed.

by Anonymousreply 273December 4, 2018 1:01 AM

And the Doc Martens at the foot of the bed.

by Anonymousreply 274December 4, 2018 1:09 AM

Just NO to the lezzies. Cait is the worst actress ever.

by Anonymousreply 275December 4, 2018 1:10 AM

R275, I think she's bad, but in fairness I doubt she -- or the writers -- could tell us who Tessa is, what she wants, etc. She's never been developed.

She does tend to fire off zingers in a snazzy-Eve Arden type way.

by Anonymousreply 276December 4, 2018 1:25 AM

CueBall is unconvincing as a billionaire, and he's even more unconvincing as a billionaire in some kind of drunken downward spiral.

Cue the sunglasses, again.

by Anonymousreply 277December 4, 2018 1:42 AM

Mal downsized the side room in Crimson Lights and changed the entranceway. The sets are in continual change on this show.

I hate Mia. She’s a rude, ignorant bitch. Why would anyone go to her makeup party in her skank apartment? Horrible writing. I’m glad Sharon is starting to snap back at her.

by Anonymousreply 278December 4, 2018 3:53 AM

When Mal first came in, he made such a big deal about GC Buzz. He thought that was IT, and told SOD how he was going to use Genoa City's talk show and the format it provided to help generate and develop story .. lol!

I'm guessing that's one of the HUGE sets that have now gone by the board. I can't remember the last time we saw it. With Hilary dead, Mariah must work out of the trunk of her car and do interviews on the street.

by Anonymousreply 279December 4, 2018 4:06 AM

At Christmas, Nikki's life hangs in the balance! Will there be a Christmas Miracle?

YAWN.

I wonder if anyone will bother to call Sister Casey and her LIPS?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 280December 4, 2018 6:04 AM

I, for one, am on the EDGE of my seat waiting for Jack and Kerry to really get together. I've been rooting for them....for days! I don't care that we'll learn Kerry is trans, it's the LOVE story that matters. Jack is old enough to be her grandfather, but hey, he's JACK ABBOTT!

Ho-ho-ho hum: NIkki's life hangs in the balance at Christmas? Do someone deny her pork or is she just missing Victor's sausage? When will TPTB dump Melody's fat arse and beg Eileen to come back.

by Anonymousreply 281December 4, 2018 7:20 AM

Did Nikki finally do a face plant? She’s a fall risk, you know.

by Anonymousreply 282December 4, 2018 1:49 PM

Pork? Sausage? Just tell me when and where, and I'm there!

by Anonymousreply 283December 4, 2018 2:04 PM

I really wish they'd write off the Newman's.

Every writing regime for more than 10 years does the same thing....Either Victor or Nikki falls ill & their "near death" staus brings the splintered family together. Then 3 months later the family splinters again. Wash Rinse Repeat.

I wouldn't miss Victor, Nikki, Victoria or Nick one iota.

Bell rebooted the show when he phased out the Brooks family. It's long past time to kick the Newmans to the curb,

by Anonymousreply 284December 4, 2018 2:55 PM

I agree R284, totally. What’s Nikki in the hospital for this time? Facelift gone bad? Kill her off in GC Memorial. Have Victor caught having dug up & hiding the body of JT at the burned out ranch. Life sentence behind bars. 2 down, 2 to go.

by Anonymousreply 285December 4, 2018 3:03 PM

Isn’t Nikki having a twat lift this time?

by Anonymousreply 286December 4, 2018 3:13 PM

They certainly wasted no time establishing that NuFen loves the poooooon! The Kyle-Lola-NuFen triangle will save the show!

by Anonymousreply 287December 4, 2018 6:50 PM

Has Kyle been sniffing around around Fen?

by Anonymousreply 288December 4, 2018 7:29 PM

Fen has the creepy vibe....like his father.

by Anonymousreply 289December 4, 2018 7:32 PM

I get the idea that Fen's going to be bad, or I should say, still bad. He was a creepy bully when Ehrich played him as teen. He was also a druggy. I see some are speculating that the apple doesn't fall far from the tree, thinking they're going to do some kind of "Young Michael Baldwin" story with Fen where the Virgin Lola Rosales is involved. They've immediately pitted him against Kyle, who seems to be getting moved into the romantic hero spot. A couple of the British soaps have gotten rave reviews recently for covering the subject of sexual consent. Maybe Mal and Daran are planning something like that.

by Anonymousreply 290December 4, 2018 7:42 PM

R290 The actor who plays Fen is recurring. Doubtful he’s gonna be involved in a major story. In 2019 most of the stories will revolve around the Rosales family. Mark my words. Probably half the cast that’s on now will be gone except for them.

by Anonymousreply 291December 4, 2018 7:46 PM

Join us again for the YOUNG and the ROSALES.

by Anonymousreply 292December 4, 2018 8:10 PM

Way way way too much Rosales on this show. It sucks.

by Anonymousreply 293December 4, 2018 9:16 PM

What's this about Victoria and Cane working together?

Geez - I already see fraus voting for them as a couple in polls.

Is that just Goddard's rabid stans trying to keep his name in circulation while Khalil ain't around?

by Anonymousreply 294December 4, 2018 9:32 PM

Los Joven Y Los Rosales....

Ahora in Henor City todo el mundo está esperando el próximo movimiento de Mia ...

Adios - let me know when they're gone.....

by Anonymousreply 295December 4, 2018 10:08 PM

R294

According to TVSource (which has been completely accurate) YR is going to pair Cane & Victoria.

by Anonymousreply 296December 4, 2018 10:21 PM

R296 How ridiculous that fraus are already shipping them and getting them on polls.

by Anonymousreply 297December 4, 2018 10:24 PM

They should bring in a new generation of Brooks and Fosters. Maybe keep Jill around, but wipe out the Newmans and Abbotts.

by Anonymousreply 298December 4, 2018 10:51 PM

Nikki is dying?

I'm available to play Casey Reed! Or Nikki!

I mean, if Melody is being a diva, cast me! I'd NEVER be an attitude filled diva who would complain about her story all the time!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 299December 4, 2018 10:54 PM

I say Kim Zimmer could play Jill's grandmother Ma Henderson - not seen since 1973. KZ would be about the right age.

by Anonymousreply 300December 4, 2018 11:59 PM

[quote] In 2019 most of the stories will revolve around the Rosales family.

But a story involving Fen doing something to the Virgin Lola WOULD be a story revolving around the Rosales family. Just think how upset Lola's two protective hermanos would be, and Rey is a cop.

by Anonymousreply 301December 5, 2018 1:12 AM

R301 I thought Ma Henderson was already dead when the show started. .. Isn't that why Liz and and her brother, Bruce, were somewhat estranged? .. Their mother had willed the Henderson Farm solely to Bruce, which he sold for a profit affording him the education and life he lived as a medical doctor in Chicago. .. Meanwhile, poor, struggling Liz was reminded of the slight on a daily basis as she rode the bus to the factory, passing the new homes that were built on what used to be the farm. .. Something like that ???

by Anonymousreply 302December 5, 2018 1:22 AM

Lez Foster

by Anonymousreply 303December 5, 2018 1:25 AM

Swicklor were out playing golf ⛳ at a putting range recently.

by Anonymousreply 304December 5, 2018 8:46 AM

OMG. I thought that the Rosales clan was bad but then I left the tv on and saw B&B. Is there a worse actress on tv than Hunter Tylo?????? I felt bad for her because she was so BAD on Tuesday’s show. Cringeworthy. Gurl cannot act at all. Jesus.

by Anonymousreply 305December 5, 2018 8:48 AM

Nah, Ma Henderson came to GC for surgery which brought Jennifer Brooks face to face with her old love Dr. Bruce. Dorothy Adams played Ma - she was the real life mother of Rachel Ames from General Hospital. Ma just vanished one day, no more mention of her.

by Anonymousreply 306December 5, 2018 10:13 AM

R304 How many strokes did they take? Any holes in one?

by Anonymousreply 307December 5, 2018 10:29 AM

R307

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 308December 5, 2018 10:55 AM

Swicklor were out hunting for pussy on the links. They are just straight bros doing bro stuff.

by Anonymousreply 309December 5, 2018 11:16 AM

Did they hit the lockerroom afterward and take a shower together? Typical bros.

by Anonymousreply 310December 5, 2018 3:08 PM

I miss many Y&R episodes for lack of interest. So are Shauna and Maddie 2 different characters? I sat through most of an episode thinking that Charlie was talking to Maddie. Also, who are all these latino people and how do they relate to the Genoa City folks? The show is so confusing and uneventful. They provide no incentive to tune in the next day so I rarely watch it. Yawn.

by Anonymousreply 311December 5, 2018 4:14 PM

I could suckle for days on Jordi's bitch tits. They are immense.

by Anonymousreply 312December 5, 2018 4:16 PM

Christmas miracle! Victor arrives in time to will Nikki back to life!!!!! Amazing. They will be together FOREVER henceforth. Mal Young is changing daytime like we’ve never seen before. Mal is a GOD!!!!!!!!!! This sounds like a true tearjerker. Let me get to Rite Aid and stock up on tissues.

by Anonymousreply 313December 5, 2018 4:55 PM

Oh brother.....now they'll be ANOTHER day behind......

by Anonymousreply 314December 5, 2018 5:15 PM

We haven’t seen any of the last 4 days. News alerts. No fire or Nikki in hospital yet. Now there is some trial on Nick with his past loves and some dippy dog.

by Anonymousreply 315December 5, 2018 6:36 PM

[quote] Now there is some trial on Nick with his past loves and some dippy dog.

CBS thinks this four-year old episodes is a CLASSSSSSSIC .. LOL!

It could have been, if Joshua Morrow had been shirtless in some snug tighty whities during the whole episode.

by Anonymousreply 316December 5, 2018 6:46 PM

Josh Morrow makes my tits hard! Oh MY!!!

by Anonymousreply 317December 5, 2018 8:29 PM

Was show preempted today? No new ep on CBS.com.

by Anonymousreply 318December 6, 2018 1:44 AM

What a fire!!!! You know that the budget is shit when they have canned fire footage for 3 seconds. Stupid stories = low ratings = no budget. Why don’t execs realize this?

by Anonymousreply 319December 6, 2018 1:51 AM

R318 For the time zones where the Bush funeral didn't pre-empt Y&R. they broadcast an old episode from November 2014 about Nick's love life. So the episode that should have aired on 12/5 will air on 12/6.

by Anonymousreply 320December 6, 2018 2:13 AM

When does Victor eat out Nikki’s snatch again?

by Anonymousreply 321December 6, 2018 8:32 AM

Phyllis pimps out Nick.

by Anonymousreply 322December 6, 2018 10:57 AM

YR aired in Canada yesterday but was pre-empted here.

So I guess that means we'll now be 2 days behind of Canada.

Do you think YR will somehow correct that?

by Anonymousreply 323December 6, 2018 1:59 PM

Where my stories at?

by Anonymousreply 324December 6, 2018 3:10 PM

Its nice not having to see The Young and the Rosales. The break from it is good.

by Anonymousreply 325December 6, 2018 4:06 PM

How lucky is JaBottom to come home to this?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 326December 6, 2018 8:01 PM

R323 A Canadian source said Global didn't air the day-in-advance episode on Tuesday, because they knew Y&R would be pre-empted in the U.S. on Wednesday.

by Anonymousreply 327December 6, 2018 9:21 PM

So Y&R got shut out of the Writers Guild Award nominations. So much for Mal’s wonderful writing.

by Anonymousreply 328December 6, 2018 9:24 PM

There are only four shows left on the air. Wouldn't each of them get noms just by default?

by Anonymousreply 329December 6, 2018 9:29 PM

No R329. Days wasn't getting nominated during the Dena/Josh era partly due to homophobic kill Will thing and partly due to the overall extremely terrible writing in general on Days. Y&R didn't get a nom either it was mainly GH and B&B getting noms.

by Anonymousreply 330December 6, 2018 9:42 PM

Is British Mal a member of the Writers Guild?

And I think the reason why Dena-Josh didn't get nominated is because they were scabs during the WGA strike.

by Anonymousreply 331December 6, 2018 9:44 PM

Days and GH got writers guild noms. Nothing for the 2 cbs disasters.

by Anonymousreply 332December 6, 2018 9:45 PM

R331 That also was part of it too with both of them being scabs it already caused problems and then that serial killer storyline and especially the way in they killed Will off was said to have further caused tension and division between the WGA and Dena/Josh and with Days. Dena was one of the writers called out for being a traitor to the WGA.

by Anonymousreply 333December 6, 2018 9:58 PM

Though I love them, soaps are a joke, always have been. Dialogue and storytelling have always been awful to horrendous, depending on the show. How have any of these shows ever been eligible for a WGA award?

by Anonymousreply 334December 6, 2018 10:01 PM

[quote] There are only four shows left on the air. Wouldn't each of them get noms just by default?

No. They definitely like to put writers who went fi-core on ignore. .. In contrast, Carlivati (Days) went out on strike, so he's a star. I assume Altman (GH) did as well, since she was working at OLTL with Ron at that time, and their record shows the same break from the show during the strike.

by Anonymousreply 335December 6, 2018 10:03 PM

R334 Surely every show can come up with a couple of really great scripts to submit out of 250 per year. Anyway, it's my understanding that the WGA award is more about the technical craft of writing - basically the process. And how something goes from the HW's idea, to the outline, to the breakdown, to the actual teleplay with subtext and dialogue.

by Anonymousreply 336December 6, 2018 10:10 PM

Daran is probably a consultant that is doctoring scripts here and there, as well as contributing ideas for weekly/monthly "twists" and hooks.

by Anonymousreply 337December 6, 2018 10:12 PM

Is Tessa the singing girlfriend Fen is pining for? Jack looks way too old for Kerry but I weirdly like it; however, how rude is she to slip out while he looks for more wine? Tacky.

by Anonymousreply 338December 6, 2018 11:48 PM

All that talk about wine. Maybe 'fluid' Kerry actually prefers galpals, and Aunt Jack is just way too femme.

by Anonymousreply 339December 7, 2018 12:32 AM

R337, yep, I’m sure that’s exactly what Little is doing. He has his own office at CBS Television City where he probably is allowed a certain amount of time to develop projects for the likes of Netflix, too. He mentioned making a pitch to them a few months ago.

by Anonymousreply 340December 7, 2018 1:43 AM

From the pics he's posted of his new office, it's not at Television City. It's up on Sunset Blvd. in WeHo. I recognize the building's view.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 341December 7, 2018 7:02 AM

Is Daran Tiny as big a jerk as Mal? Posting pics of views from your office. Really????? Why not concentrate on making Y&R, Y&R again? Fosuc on the job and not your view.

by Anonymousreply 342December 7, 2018 10:27 AM

R342

GMAB! It's on his personal IG account.

I doubt 99.99% of viewers even know he's now a part of YR. He's free to post whatever he wants on IG the same as anyone else.

by Anonymousreply 343December 7, 2018 11:57 AM

Sure he’s free to post what he wants. As am I free to post that maybe he should be focusing more on his job at Y&R than what his view is like from his office. Y&R is a mess and needs desperate help. Between Mal liking every comment that kisses his ass and ignoring constructive criticism, and this Daran Little guy concentrating on what his view looks like, its no wonder that Y&R is in deep shit. Focus on making a better show.

by Anonymousreply 344December 7, 2018 2:39 PM

A few years ago Little was very fond of posting on Twitter his consorting with porn actors, strippers and escorts. Of the male variety, of course. The BBC stepped in and told him to cut that shit out.

by Anonymousreply 345December 7, 2018 3:10 PM

R344

#1 Mal hasn't tweeted or liked anything in ages

#2 It's not like Little is "focusing" on his view as opposed to his job. It took 45 seconds to snap a pic & post it.

by Anonymousreply 346December 7, 2018 3:26 PM

So Mal couldn’t take the heat over the shitshow Y&R has become so he disappears, much like the viewers. They disappear all the time. It’s funny that even though there are only 4 soaps left, Y&R couldn’t even get a nomination for a Writers Guild award. That shows how much Mal’s writing is respected. Oh wait, he’s the joke of the industry.

by Anonymousreply 347December 7, 2018 4:06 PM

R347

As someone pointed out upthread if Mal isn't a member of the WGA then he can not be nominated.

by Anonymousreply 348December 7, 2018 4:58 PM

Don't wanna see no gay mans in my stories. Those lezzies is bad enough.

by Anonymousreply 349December 7, 2018 5:01 PM

R348 But the SHOW can be nominated. The writers on Y&R who are members of the Writers Guild can be nominated. But they weren’t.

by Anonymousreply 350December 7, 2018 5:17 PM

Well, in order to be nominated, you'd first have to know if Y&R even submitted.

by Anonymousreply 351December 7, 2018 5:40 PM

R342 It beats people posting what they're going to eat for dinner.

by Anonymousreply 352December 7, 2018 5:43 PM

I have a bottle of Champagne saved for the day when they finally kill off Nikki and fire that old drunken bitch MTS.

by Anonymousreply 353December 7, 2018 6:01 PM

R351 Why wouldn’t they submit? If they didn’t submit, its a huge slap and F you to those writers who are in the Guild. Y&R submitted for the WGA awards. That’s a given. All of the shows submit. Y&R got dissed, with good reason. Shitty writing.

by Anonymousreply 354December 7, 2018 6:06 PM

R350 R354 Not really debating whether they did or didn't submit. (I assume they did.) I was simply pointing out that "a show" itself can't be nominated unless the HW chooses to submit, because the submission "package" has to start with his/her work. (It's based on showing how the HW's storyline summary (precis) is subsequently developed through the outline, breakdown, script, and editing processes based on three teleplays that were broadcast during the year.)

by Anonymousreply 355December 7, 2018 6:36 PM

I'm a gay male and I keep tweeting Mal and imploring him to add a gay male couple, suggesting that Kyle/Fen would make a great pairing, but he never responds to me. Why is that?

by Anonymousreply 356December 7, 2018 6:55 PM

One does have to chuckle that the gay males try to be vocal but they are laughed at behind the scenes. The gay males don’t get it. They are not the desired demo that advertisers on soap operas want to reach. They are nonexistent. Duh! Their opinion does not count with execs or advertisers. Perhaps these queens will understand that someday. Duh! But probably not.

by Anonymousreply 357December 7, 2018 7:29 PM

Maybe they can do one of the Dena Higley methods. Which is blame the gays for any declines in soaps. Then make up lies about the actors playing the gays and then begin killing the gays off and also see to it actors who aren't a producer or writer pet and those who won't engage in the Bryan or Harvey method are fired.

by Anonymousreply 358December 7, 2018 7:54 PM

[quote] There are only four shows left on the air. Wouldn't each of them get noms just by default?

R329 No. .. For several years now, the Daytime Drama category for the WGA Awards has only garnered two nominees. .. In fact, there was one year, when there was only one nominee (i.e. (default winner).

btw - The Guild seems to have hard-ons for Ron Carlivati and Shelly Altman. .. They were the only two nominees last year as well. .. And the year before that, it was Shelly Altman for GH only. .. Ron won for GH the year before that. .. And the last time Y&R garnered a nomination was when Shelly Altman was the show's HW. .. I'm sensing a pattern .. lol! .. Of course, both Ron and Shelly support the union and went out on strike (good on them).

by Anonymousreply 359December 7, 2018 8:10 PM

R357 That must be why Y&R just hired one of the most openly gay serial drama writers on the planet to be their new story consultant.

by Anonymousreply 360December 7, 2018 8:14 PM

R360 I know. Y&R is pandering to the gays. Absolutely!

by Anonymousreply 361December 7, 2018 9:08 PM

Lots of gay behind the scenes doesn't necessarily translate to lots of gay on screen.

by Anonymousreply 362December 7, 2018 10:03 PM

But Little will get them on. Trust me.

by Anonymousreply 363December 7, 2018 10:25 PM

The only time Mal Young tweets is to post about his awful vocalist wife.

by Anonymousreply 364December 7, 2018 11:42 PM

[quote] I liked Tricia. The actress who played her died, correct?

R189 No. The actress who played Tricia, Sabryn Genet (Ertle), developed a debilitating illness called Dysautonomia - Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome (POTS), but she's still alive.

SOD actually did an interview with her earlier this year. If you click on the link, there should be arrows to get to the next two pages of it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 365December 8, 2018 3:00 AM

She was very pretty back in the day.

by Anonymousreply 366December 8, 2018 3:33 AM

Cait Fairbanks pussy lips are swollen for Zach Tinker. She wants him.

by Anonymousreply 367December 8, 2018 4:42 AM

Camryn Grimes really irritates me as lesbian Mariah.

by Anonymousreply 368December 8, 2018 10:21 AM

R365

That's awful what happened to her. She was so good as the vixen/bad girl.

I never knew Lasix eye surgery could have such a devastating complication.

by Anonymousreply 369December 8, 2018 12:30 PM

Nikki and Victoria kidnapped Tessa and contemplate killing her???? What is wrong with this show? Only Sharon is the voice of reason. Not that I like Tessa but our supposed heroines are anything but.

by Anonymousreply 370December 8, 2018 1:44 PM

Thanks, R187.

I remember Tricia as just being a good girl, sort of like a younger version of Ashley. She turned bad?

by Anonymousreply 371December 8, 2018 2:49 PM

R371 Tricia Dennison went loopy during her last year or so. She joined up with Carter Mills (Matt Clark) since they both hated the Newmans. .. After Carter-Matt died, Tricia began seeing and talking to him - like a voice in her head, but we always saw him dressed totally in black. .. I thought these scenes were great and a pretty good way to continue playing the dynamic between Genet and Rick Hearst. .. Anyway, Ryan was going to marry Bitchtoria, and on their wedding day, Tricia bound and gagged Victoria and dressed up in the same gown and veil, surprising everyone at the altar as Ryan's bride. She ended up shooting Ryan and that's what he died from.

by Anonymousreply 372December 8, 2018 5:47 PM

And when the men from the loony bin came to take Tricia away, she was still in her wedding gown at the police stations, and she thought they were there to escort her down the aisle.

In the final seconds, they cut to slow motion and Genet gives this perfect crazy eye to the viewers at home .. lol!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 373December 8, 2018 6:03 PM

r361, I always thought Sabryn Genet was incredibly talented and wondered why she dropped off the face of the earth.... this explains it.

by Anonymousreply 374December 8, 2018 6:12 PM

How can Victor be a suspect? Makes no sense.

by Anonymousreply 375December 8, 2018 6:55 PM

Yep, R374. Shit sometimes happens.

by Anonymousreply 376December 8, 2018 7:10 PM

The Tricia story was fantastic. Genet should have been awarded an Emmy. Tricia was so dull when she first came in but making her psychotic was genius because Genet made her descent believable. That scene where she kissed Tony was genuinely shocking. Genet brought real depth to the role because we never truly knew why she went crazy and Genet brought an underlying sadness to Tricia that made her more than a conventional soap villain.

by Anonymousreply 377December 8, 2018 7:22 PM

R377 I agree. I thought it was one of Alden's best stories - minus the image of Tricia mixing up a concoction of sedatives and viagra and drugging The Old Goat, so she could climb on top of Victor in her black bra and panties and get rape him, that is. .. And yes, one would have to be an incredible actress to pull that off .. lol!

by Anonymousreply 378December 8, 2018 7:29 PM

Gener never did any emmy worthy work. Ever.

by Anonymousreply 379December 8, 2018 8:33 PM

Reed actually looks much more handsome in photos for his latest appearances. He looks like he's matured a bit....and maybe has been working out too.

by Anonymousreply 380December 8, 2018 8:55 PM

A bottle of wine with a twist top.....A TWIST TOP? Where the hell are Nick and Rebecca - the Genoa City Motel Six?

Why didn't they just order up a box of wine and plastic wine glasses?

by Anonymousreply 381December 8, 2018 9:13 PM

i thought Genet carried the show during the 2000/2001 years... as someone mentioned, she played Tricia's mental illness very sympathetically, with the same tragic grandeur that Cynthia Watros had as Annie on Guiding Light a few years before.

by Anonymousreply 382December 8, 2018 10:32 PM

Is there a B&B thread, Y&R’s sister show? I’d love to talk about how BAD Hunter Tylo is. Oh mother of Gawd! How does her ‘acting’ even make it to air??? Hunter is the worst actress ever to have screentime. It is abhorrent. My 84 year old mother laughs at Hunter and her fake face that doesn’t move anymore and her even worse acting.

by Anonymousreply 383December 9, 2018 7:01 PM

Hunter Tylo used to be good. Bad plastic surgery tends to disable one's talent... just ask Faye Dunaway.

by Anonymousreply 384December 9, 2018 7:04 PM

Tylo's range was always pretty limited - one step above hair model.

But once she destroyed her looks, how weird she looked became the focus of her scenes, so she basically ruined her one redeeming asset.

by Anonymousreply 385December 9, 2018 7:13 PM

R329, I don't think B&B even submits anymore; they have had glorious Patrick Mulcahey scripts that don't get nominated and there are many that should have won.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 386December 9, 2018 7:14 PM

R385, sadly, you're spot on.

by Anonymousreply 387December 9, 2018 7:14 PM

BB has the 2 best scriptwriters in the biz with PM and MVJ but the show is dreadful due to Bell.

I'd kill for MVJ and PM to be co-HWs or GH or YR.

B&B is so bad it makes every other soap look like Shakespeare.

by Anonymousreply 388December 9, 2018 7:35 PM

Bell is the Eric Jr of soaps.

by Anonymousreply 389December 9, 2018 7:37 PM

Sorry, I meant Eric Trump.

by Anonymousreply 390December 9, 2018 7:38 PM

R383

Hunter Tylo and the actress who plays Steffy have butchered their faces so badly it's difficult to watch them. They look like gargoyles when they try to cry or emote.

Then you have the dime store weaves that Steffy wears. If you're going to wear a weave or wig get a good one. If not then don't bother.

by Anonymousreply 391December 9, 2018 7:38 PM

How did Hunter Tylo’s acting even make it to the air last week? Of course, that fool Garbage Man was having orgasms (ughhhhhh!!!!! The visual!!) because Hunter liked one of his tweets. Hunter is the reason everyone ridicules soap acting.

by Anonymousreply 392December 9, 2018 7:51 PM

R386 Interesting to note, that the last time B&B was nominated for a WGA Award was for storyline in 2015 (awarded in 2016). .. That was the year of the big Myron-Maya transgender story, of which Mulcahey was lead shepherd. Since that story was getting a lot of press, I'm guessing those were the scripts B&B submitted. .. The show lost to the other nominee, General Hospital (Ron Carlivati).

by Anonymousreply 393December 9, 2018 8:22 PM

Mal “no new characters”Young has certainly introduced alot of new characters. Are they helping the ratings? Y&R has never been as BAD as it is now. Who are these people? Bill Bell is spinning.

by Anonymousreply 394December 9, 2018 9:30 PM

Mulcahey does not want to be head writer. He has no interest in fighting the networks and long term isn't his strength.

He prefers to write dialogue and he IS rather good at it, though he's stuck with a shiteous bunch at B&B. But the best scene since Stephanie's death at B&B was Katie writing off Brooke and saying "goodbye" and it was undoubtedly his creation.

by Anonymousreply 395December 9, 2018 9:58 PM

Well, I think Bradley also likes being classified as a bona fide "showrunner" (someone's who both a show's EP & HW).

by Anonymousreply 396December 9, 2018 11:21 PM

Hunter Tylo no longer can display any emotion. When she is supposed to be crying the only thing she can do is throw her hands in front of her face. That's the only way she shows emotion. I find it fascinating to watch her face to see if anything moves. It never does. When she tries to cry it's just plain embarrassing.

by Anonymousreply 397December 9, 2018 11:40 PM

Is Mulcahy the S&M leather daddy, or am I confusing him with Josh Griffith?

by Anonymousreply 398December 10, 2018 12:13 AM

Tylo has never been nominated for an Emmy in 30+ years in soaps? How can that be?????

by Anonymousreply 399December 10, 2018 12:28 AM

Yes, Mulcahy is the leather daddy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 400December 10, 2018 12:29 AM

Patrick's slave is called Patrick too.

Who has the old photos of them from years ago in leather jock straps at Folsom Street Fair?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 401December 10, 2018 2:02 AM

R396

IDGAF what Bradley Bell sees himself as, he's the worst HW on Daytime. B&B is straight up Wash & Rinse & Repeat horseshit.

by Anonymousreply 402December 10, 2018 3:09 AM

Yes, I agree 100% If his family didn't own the show, there'd be no way he would have survived this long.

by Anonymousreply 403December 10, 2018 3:18 AM

SPOILER:

[quote] Fen offers to help Lola when she caters a private dinner for Devon. .. Fen hopes to make a connection with Devon and with Lola. .. Kyle is left out in the cold.

Hopefully, lonesome JaBottom heads off to the GCAC steamroom looking for some heat!

by Anonymousreply 404December 10, 2018 8:09 AM

Nikki's Queen size bed doesn't leave much room for Ictor or his king size manhood.

by Anonymousreply 405December 10, 2018 10:47 AM

Does Nikki die when she’s in the hospital for her pussy lift?

by Anonymousreply 406December 10, 2018 11:24 AM

We can only hope Miss 406, we can only hope.

by Anonymousreply 407December 10, 2018 11:25 AM

Expect a Christmas Eve miracle when Victor comes home and kisses Nikki through her oxygen tent and the Hallelujah choir sings. The YT&R theme will play as Victoria, Reed, Nick, Phyllis and little Faith all cry. Faith will go to the window, a single tear falls from her eye as she looks up at the North Star and just says 'thank you Jesus'.

by Anonymousreply 408December 10, 2018 11:30 AM

An Emmy moment for little Faith for sure.

by Anonymousreply 409December 10, 2018 1:03 PM

How come Fen looks nothing like either of his parents?

by Anonymousreply 410December 10, 2018 5:56 PM

r410, you say that like it's a bad thing.

by Anonymousreply 411December 10, 2018 6:01 PM

Fen looks so Jewish!

by Anonymousreply 412December 10, 2018 6:03 PM

Are Jews and Blacks welcome in the Athletic Club?

by Anonymousreply 413December 10, 2018 6:18 PM

I don't think anyone looks like "Lauren," since that's not her real hair color, and she's changed her looks with cosmetic surgery.

At least both "Fens" have dark hair like Michael LaBaldwin.

And I could see either of them being a pool boy at the GCAC with a relatively lean swimmer's build w/ nice muscle tone.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 414December 10, 2018 7:00 PM

[quote] Are Jews and Blacks welcome in the Athletic Club?

Neil goes to the Athletic Club all the time, and George Kaplan helped inaugurate the new steamroom in an unforgettable 'Men Over 30' scene with Paul.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 415December 10, 2018 7:13 PM

Paul should still be on this show over the Rosales virgin and fat annoying slob.

by Anonymousreply 416December 10, 2018 7:18 PM

Reed has a man bun, or is it just a bun?

by Anonymousreply 417December 10, 2018 7:30 PM

Does Reed still have a crush on stepfather, Billy?

If the show were daring, they would have done that story instead of the crap with Dummer chasing after Billy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 418December 10, 2018 7:40 PM

Fen and Reed returning to GC at the same time? Both musicians? Not related in any way? Let the 'shipping begin!

by Anonymousreply 419December 10, 2018 9:49 PM

Reed looks like a lesbian.

by Anonymousreply 420December 10, 2018 9:50 PM

Hit the road, Reed! There’s only room in GC for one power bottom. (Two, if you count Michael, but why would you?)

by Anonymousreply 421December 10, 2018 9:56 PM

Is little Faith going to ask Nikki why she needed to get a twat lift? Gramma, why were you all stretched out down there?

by Anonymousreply 422December 10, 2018 10:31 PM

Reed's not a power bottom R421, he's just a passive twink looking for a full-time daddy. He wants a relationship.

by Anonymousreply 423December 11, 2018 12:00 AM

Won't Faith be devastated about the fire at the stables? Didn't she and Gramps Victor play chess there? Isn't her pony there? Is her pony dead? Think of the Emmy caliber scenes little Dolly Parton could churn out based on this brilliant plotting.

by Anonymousreply 424December 11, 2018 12:24 AM

Did little Dolly Parton kill the Dolly movies? They don’t make them anymore. How could viewers not want to see the brilliant Faith in primetime tv?

by Anonymousreply 425December 11, 2018 12:28 AM

They should've recast Reed with a hot actor who can actually act.

Reed should've returned angry & loaded for bare towards his mother.

This Reed is an anemic bland nothing.

by Anonymousreply 426December 11, 2018 1:12 AM

I don't like these returning sons... they are all here to steal JaBottom's screen time!

by Anonymousreply 427December 11, 2018 1:15 AM

Little Miss Dolly Parton doesn't need this Popsicle stand. She'll undoubtedly win a real real Emmy for the new Netflix series she's starring in.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 428December 11, 2018 1:19 AM

Who thought it be a good idea to recast WASPy Janice Lynde with ethnic looking Latina Vicki Mallory (RIP)?

by Anonymousreply 429December 11, 2018 1:21 AM

Vicky Morales (RIP)..

by Anonymousreply 430December 11, 2018 1:24 AM

If Jamie Lynn Bauer had decided to stay, I wonder if they would've made such a big play to get Brenda back to replace Deb Adair. Lorie Brooks filled the heroine/bitch role, so having Brenda back as force-to-be-reckoned-with Jill (compared to Adair's more passive version) might've been redundant with Lorie still around.

by Anonymousreply 431December 11, 2018 1:30 AM

According the industry rags CBS sold the Television City studios today for $750 million.

All the studios have 5 years to either move to another location or close down.

Tick Tock

by Anonymousreply 432December 11, 2018 1:34 AM

R430 ????

by Anonymousreply 433December 11, 2018 1:36 AM

Y&R is on very borrowed time. They won’t get another renewal.

by Anonymousreply 434December 11, 2018 1:40 AM

R433 In reply to R429 .. "Mallory" was her stage name. .. Her actual surname was "Morales."

by Anonymousreply 435December 11, 2018 1:41 AM

[quote] All the studios have 5 years to either move to another location or close down.

The articles at both Deadline and The Hollywood Reporter say that they will be there "for at least another five years." That makes it sound like shows produced there now could stay beyond five years -- especially since that's the business the new owners are in -- running studios. And while I agree that Y&R may not be on the air in five years, Sony itself has previously (and very seriously) considered moving Y&R to their own studios in Culver City; so that's always been an option.

by Anonymousreply 436December 11, 2018 1:53 AM

[quote]Reed should've returned angry & loaded for bare

I’m loaded FROM bare. Does that count?

by Anonymousreply 437December 11, 2018 2:01 AM

Don't you actually mean that Reed wants some BEAR to load him?

I think the closest thing we have to that is Rey when he doesn't shave. But he's more of a wolf.

by Anonymousreply 438December 11, 2018 3:09 AM

Rey could bust his load inside of me any time!

by Anonymousreply 439December 11, 2018 3:11 AM

Reed can offer his ass to Rey, so the detective doesn't arrest his mother or Grandma Nikki.

by Anonymousreply 440December 11, 2018 3:16 AM

Rey's tits need some major attention.

by Anonymousreply 441December 11, 2018 3:21 AM

Lorie needed a break from Y&R back in the day; she was exhausted, had two young kids...but still...I wonder if she ever regretted leaving. She had a nice run on DAYS; Tom Langan who produced Y&R and then went to DAYS scooped up Bauer, Deborah Adair, Eileen Davidson, and Lauren Koslow for plum roles.

I always wonder if folks like Melody, Lucci, Fulton who had mostly long uninterrupted runs were the smartest ones.

by Anonymousreply 442December 11, 2018 3:40 AM

Where did blonde duckinbill go? He's hot.

by Anonymousreply 443December 11, 2018 3:44 AM

Vicky Morales was a Maria in WSS for the ages at City Center in 1971.

by Anonymousreply 444December 11, 2018 4:13 AM

R443 You can generally find Thad attending premieres for the TV shows and films made by the production company he's a partner in (Black Label Media).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 445December 11, 2018 5:36 AM

Will the JT storyline end in this century? Does anybody care? Even JT wants this to end

by Anonymousreply 446December 11, 2018 4:34 PM

I want JT buried deeply in me.

by Anonymousreply 447December 11, 2018 5:06 PM

Nikki is back on the hooch? Kay wouldn’t approve.

by Anonymousreply 448December 11, 2018 6:10 PM

Is Reed transitioning?

by Anonymousreply 449December 11, 2018 6:12 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 450December 11, 2018 7:12 PM

I'm just grateful to have 5 more years of getting paid for my inability to act.

by Anonymousreply 451December 11, 2018 7:23 PM

Reed's bun reminded me of the early hairstyles on the show. Chris Brooks used to wear a bun with the little side curly cues. Reed should try that.

by Anonymousreply 452December 11, 2018 7:26 PM

Reed is very womanly looking.

by Anonymousreply 453December 11, 2018 7:28 PM

r450, they all sound so insincere.

by Anonymousreply 454December 11, 2018 7:56 PM

Woo hoo! Y&R is no 1 for 30 years. Big whoop. Its not hard these days to be no 1 when there are 4 shows left and you have the prime 12:30 timeslot. Its an accomplishment, sure, but there is no movement amongst the remaining soaps as far as one show overtaking another show. Y&R will remain no 1 for its final couple of years. Its first 20 years as no 1 was impressive but once all the soaps started getting cancelled, its not a tough feat to remain at no 1. Yaen at that insincere promo.

by Anonymousreply 455December 11, 2018 8:13 PM

I totally believe Josh “please keep watching because I’ll never get another job if we’re cancelled” Morrow when he thanks the viewers. lololololololol

by Anonymousreply 456December 11, 2018 8:19 PM

Reed wearing his hair in a bun is obviously part of the story.

Notice how when the new day kicked in mid-episode, Victoria was wearing her hair in the same style of bun?

Apparently, when Cane and Victoria begin to get close in the coming weeks, Cane will get drunk and lonely (as he tends to do) and end up crawling into bed with Victoria (from behind) ... or so, he thinks.

But it will actually be Reed in the bed, and he won't stop Cane.

This will echo the time when drunk Nick crawled into bed with blonde Grace Turner, thinking it was Sharon -- only with an updated twist.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 457December 11, 2018 9:13 PM

I can't believe I remember this, but it is actually 30 years. AMC topped the ratings for the first week of December 1988. Y&R took back the top spot the following week and never looked back.

by Anonymousreply 458December 11, 2018 9:16 PM

Someone, anyone, a hairstylist, a director, a producer, anyone with authority should have said NO to Reed’s hair. Is no one paying attention to how this show looks?????

by Anonymousreply 459December 11, 2018 10:50 PM

For the Reed character's age, his interest in music, and overall 'sensitive' nature, his hairstyle fits. .. And it generally looks pretty clean and lustrous when he wears it down.

I had to do a double take to make sure he had pants on in this photo he just put up.

The Tiger Beat crowd seem excited.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 460December 11, 2018 11:13 PM

More sessy Reed pics!

by Anonymousreply 461December 11, 2018 11:24 PM

Reed looks like a girl.

by Anonymousreply 462December 11, 2018 11:30 PM

There's a contingent of teenage girls who are attracted to feminine-looking guys.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 463December 12, 2018 12:01 AM

R461 Same photo shoot.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 464December 12, 2018 12:06 AM

Back in the day, Traci would have eaten that boy alive.

by Anonymousreply 465December 12, 2018 12:33 AM

I noticed that Spectrum cable no longer has Y&R in "on demand" anymore. I find that odd.

by Anonymousreply 466December 12, 2018 12:35 AM

There was a time when even Paul looked quite femme with that fluffy do' and lesbian outfit.

Thank god for Andy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 467December 12, 2018 1:14 AM

Daran Little tweeted today “I hope you like all the new stories!”

I hope he eventually writes in a story about when he fell hard for a Brazilian twink, married him and it turned out the twink was only after moolah and a UK/EU green card.

by Anonymousreply 468December 12, 2018 1:36 AM

Yeah, Daran. Notice the HUGE increase in viewership lately. lolololololo This idiot sounds as clueless as the other brit writing and producing this crapfest. Y&R is doomed with these 2 egomaniacs.

by Anonymousreply 469December 12, 2018 9:22 AM

This Jack sniffing after the new chemist storyline is BORING.

by Anonymousreply 470December 12, 2018 9:37 AM

So, who will invade La Vida Lola's precious snatch first, Kyle or Fen?

by Anonymousreply 471December 12, 2018 9:39 AM

Mariah.

by Anonymousreply 472December 12, 2018 10:10 AM

Kerry and Mia look alike. Bland vaguely ethnic chicks with long hair.

by Anonymousreply 473December 12, 2018 10:49 AM

It's time for Jack to date a woman his own age or do a story where the young woman is a gold digger. But realistically all these young broads hot for 70 year old Jack... again with the stupid.

by Anonymousreply 474December 12, 2018 11:26 AM

How old is TranKerry supposed to be? Jack's age veers on being her grandpa.

by Anonymousreply 475December 12, 2018 11:29 AM

Daran Little calls these “new” storylines? Nikki drinking? Jack falling for a younger woman? These have been done many many many times before. What is so new about these storylines? TPTB just don’t get it.

by Anonymousreply 476December 12, 2018 12:31 PM

R459

His hair looks like he stuck his finger in a light socket.

by Anonymousreply 477December 12, 2018 12:34 PM

Kyle and Reed (KREED) would be hot together, but can two voracious bottoms be in a relationship.

by Anonymousreply 478December 12, 2018 1:12 PM

Y&R is not doing a gay male storyline.

by Anonymousreply 479December 12, 2018 3:38 PM

Yes, it will. Daran Little will see to it.

by Anonymousreply 480December 12, 2018 3:48 PM

I'm going to tweet Daran to see if we can get a hot gay male storyline. I hope he responds.

by Anonymousreply 481December 12, 2018 3:53 PM

R480 lol Daran is merely a consultant. Mal is the EP and headwriter who has made it clear that there will be no gay male storyline. The Teriah story is the only crumb that gays will receive because he feels that women will tune in to see a lesbian story and women are the target audience. Gay male viewers want a gay male storyline, but they are NOT the target audience with advertisers. Tough luck. It won’t happen. Soaps are about what women want.

by Anonymousreply 482December 12, 2018 4:17 PM

Does anybody know the story behind this Terry woman? Is she jacks long-lost sister?

by Anonymousreply 483December 12, 2018 5:47 PM

R483 It's more likely she's Jack's long-lost brother, and there will be a cross-over story with Maya from B&B.

by Anonymousreply 484December 12, 2018 7:58 PM

R482

That's not correct. According to Jamey & Ryan Mal had every intention of doing a true lesbian love story.

CBS put the kibosh on it because they got push back from conservative viewers.

YR & BB are the most stodgy of all the shows. YR is even getting racist comments regarding the Rosales.

by Anonymousreply 485December 12, 2018 8:49 PM

The Bell soaps' primary viewers are poor blacks, trailer trash, and women in the 80s and 90s. They're all very conservative, and none of them want to see two men kissing.

by Anonymousreply 486December 12, 2018 9:03 PM

[quote] CBS put the kibosh on it because they got push back from conservative viewers.

If CBS "put the kibosh on it," then how come it's still going on nearly a year later?

(btw - That wasn't much of scoop from LaGiddens et al. .. Cait Fairbanks (Tessa) had already told SOD that Mal had informed her during the audition for the role that her character would be in a lesbian relationship. )

by Anonymousreply 487December 12, 2018 9:04 PM

R482/asshole, LOL, Little is far more than just a consultant. He’s actually co-headwriter with Young. Do the math, dipshit. He didn’t sell his apartment in London and give up his main writing job on EastEnders just to be a “consultant.”

by Anonymousreply 488December 12, 2018 9:31 PM

Reed, Maddie, Charlie.....Devon....Cane......all of them are so BORING......giving a boring character a "new story" doesn't make him any less boring....

by Anonymousreply 489December 12, 2018 9:34 PM

R487

I guess I wasn't clear. Jamey & Ryan were the ones who said Mal was told to put the kibosh on Teriah due to push back.

Yes, you might say the lesbian story is on but not as was intended. After Mariah declared her feelings they had Tessa shut her down & there was no meaningful interaction for months.

Now they have rapidly gotten together, are living together yet have had zero intimacy or physical contact. This was done just to advance the JT story.

They look like 2 you female roommates as opposed to a couple.

by Anonymousreply 490December 12, 2018 9:40 PM

Just say fucking no to the lezzies. That shit don't have no place in my stories.

by Anonymousreply 491December 12, 2018 10:09 PM

Next Week

While driving Charlie's car Reed mows down a drunk Nikki.

by Anonymousreply 492December 12, 2018 10:09 PM

Hey R480 That’s cool that Daran Little is Mal’s co-head. But why is Daran bragging about the new stories when Nikki being in the hospital and Jack lusting after someone young enough to be his daughter have been done several times over? What, exactly is Daran doing that is new? For what it’s worth, I would never admit to being Mal’s co-head. Disaster in the making.

by Anonymousreply 493December 13, 2018 12:23 AM

Hilarious. Reed kills Nikki....well we know she'll survive for her Christmas miracle.

Faith scolds Reed about drunk driving.

by Anonymousreply 494December 13, 2018 12:43 AM

[quote] For what it’s worth, I would never admit to being Mal’s co-head. Disaster in the making.

That could be why DL opted for the "story consultant" title. While it sounds important, it can also be quite nebulous - leaving a lot of room for distancing oneself, if necessary.

by Anonymousreply 495December 13, 2018 12:51 AM

If Twink Reed ends up in prison for driving drunk, there will be a major battle among the Big Dogs of Walworth over whose wife he'll become.

by Anonymousreply 496December 13, 2018 12:55 AM

I wish they’d really think outside the box with Jabottom, Fen-Boi and Rey, hot tub scene at Devon’s. In walks. Nate........... Legs in the air..... No rubbers.

by Anonymousreply 497December 13, 2018 1:04 AM

Lola is in business but can’t afford a transmission for her food truck? Doesn’t she have a credit card?

The pop-up at CL is mentioned TODAY, yet Lola sets up shop and sells grande!! And the sandwiches are only $12.00!!!

But WAIT! Abby needs an amazing menu and dinne4 from Lola TONIGHT, and it’s a GO!

Oh, Lola, you’re so good at your job!

by Anonymousreply 498December 13, 2018 1:28 AM

Shouldn't Lola be wearing a hair net while preparing food?

by Anonymousreply 499December 13, 2018 6:23 AM

How many times did the camera cut to the bottle of liquor when Nikki was in Mia's shithole apartment?

by Anonymousreply 500December 13, 2018 6:25 AM

Reed's Bette Davis bob looks ridiculous.

by Anonymousreply 501December 13, 2018 6:26 AM

Memo to Melody, Josh, Eric etc: There is life beyond Y&R. Miss Rikkart is killing it over on Days!!! He’s acting. Not just pulling down a paycheck like you’re doing over at Y&R. You can feel Melody’s boredom in every scene.

by Anonymousreply 502December 13, 2018 7:28 AM

Lola is a dirty Mexican.

by Anonymousreply 503December 13, 2018 8:43 AM

When did they stop calling Katherine Kay?

by Anonymousreply 504December 13, 2018 9:12 AM

She died.

by Anonymousreply 505December 13, 2018 9:49 AM

They used to Call Elizabeth Foster Brooks 'Liz' or 'Ma Foster'.

Christine Blair used to be 'Cricket'

and of course Nikki used to be called 'Cunt Face'.

by Anonymousreply 506December 13, 2018 10:56 AM

Mia hasn't been on for a few days.....fat farm?

by Anonymousreply 507December 13, 2018 11:22 AM

I was watching yesterday... back in the heyday of soaps, Mia would already be starting to break out.... although unlikely the actress is hilarilous and likeable and the character is just rip roaring ready to eat the show... she's Revaesque - or any of the legendary female characters.

by Anonymousreply 508December 13, 2018 11:34 AM

R507, She gives Nikki a makeover on today's show.

by Anonymousreply 509December 13, 2018 11:50 AM

R509 is it an special 3 hour episode?

by Anonymousreply 510December 13, 2018 11:59 AM

Spoiler for January 3: little Dolly Parton asks Mariah what a lezzy is.

by Anonymousreply 511December 13, 2018 1:04 PM

They used to call me Jabottom. Now that I've proven that I'm straight, everyone is calling me Jabreeder.

by Anonymousreply 512December 13, 2018 1:31 PM

No, Kyle. They’re really not. They are, however, calling Lola JaBeard.

by Anonymousreply 513December 13, 2018 4:56 PM

Looking back at Daran Little tweets from a few years ago. I like the one which reads “My autobiography should be titled Porno and Showtunes.”

by Anonymousreply 514December 13, 2018 6:31 PM

R504 I remember that into the early 80s when married to Derek, she was still being referred to as "Kay Thurston." .. Then, by the mid-80s, John Abbott was addressing her as "Katherine."

by Anonymousreply 515December 13, 2018 7:01 PM

Kay was a name definitely went away after the early 80s.

by Anonymousreply 516December 13, 2018 7:02 PM

I think Brenda's Jill was still referring to her as Kay through the end of her run. I don't recall Jess's Jill ever referring to her as Kay.

by Anonymousreply 517December 13, 2018 7:22 PM

Looking at Little's social media I was surprised to learn he has grown children.

#1 I didn't think he was old enough to have grown kids

#2 Was he married & closeted in the past?

by Anonymousreply 518December 13, 2018 7:26 PM

She often referred to her as Katherine, R317, what the hell are you talking about?

by Anonymousreply 519December 13, 2018 7:26 PM

[quote] ... everyone is calling me Jabreeder.

Gee ... Per all the waiters, bartenders, bellhops, porters, trainers, etc. etc. at The Athletic Club, it's actually "JaBred."

by Anonymousreply 520December 13, 2018 7:27 PM

Oops, read your post wrong, R317, sorry!

by Anonymousreply 521December 13, 2018 7:27 PM

While you can find clips of Brenda's Jill calling her "Katherine," she was also still calling her "Kay" - especially during their one-on-one verbal spats - right up to the end of her run.

This "trifecta" compilation of "the three Jills" has some scenes of Brenda near the end of her run in 1987 - when she's plotting with David about finding "Kay" a man (who would go on to be the Rex Sterling character).

How funny to see Jess try to imitate Brenda. .. Terry eventually told her to just stop.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 522December 13, 2018 7:55 PM

Miss Rikaart is supposedly only making somewhat slightly over scale over at Days compared what miss Rikaart was previously making and if Dee ever decides to try once again to force Days into giving her a raise miss Rikkart could be one of the ones in the chopping block.

by Anonymousreply 523December 13, 2018 8:37 PM

R522 Were those the scenes where Brenda left? I see at least one of them was taped with both Jess and Brenda saying the lines.

by Anonymousreply 524December 13, 2018 9:00 PM

I used to go home and tell my Daddy how mean that Bwenda Dicksuck was!

by Anonymousreply 525December 13, 2018 9:07 PM

Did Deb Adair temp for Brenda after Brenda had returned permanently? Jerry Douglas looks older in that clip, and definitely wasn't from the early 80s when Deb played the role full time.

by Anonymousreply 526December 13, 2018 9:17 PM

Brendad is as crazy as Serial Asshole nutjob.

by Anonymousreply 527December 13, 2018 9:31 PM

R526 Yeah,as I recall, Melinda Fee, Judith Champan, and Deb Adair all did some temp episodes during Brenda's second return. IMDb shows Adair's temp work in 1986. Fee did an episode in 1984;

But "the show must go on" philosophy was pretty much standard operating procedure back then. Temp actors stepped in for Terry, Wilma Jeanne, Mel, Tracey Bregman, even Bell's pet Jaime Lyn Bauer.

by Anonymousreply 528December 13, 2018 9:40 PM

Adair was Jill for a while, wasn't she? I thought she was on for a stretch of a few months or more.

by Anonymousreply 529December 13, 2018 9:44 PM

R529 Yes, Adair played Jill full-time after Bond Gideon's brief run (ca. 1980). She was in the role for about three years prior to Brenda returning in 1983. Adair is the Jill who married John Abbott in 1982.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 530December 13, 2018 10:13 PM

How many per diems per Jess Walton do?

by Anonymousreply 531December 13, 2018 10:42 PM

Adair was pretty.

Amela Heinle’s pussy hound ex hubby is in a spot of bother.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 532December 14, 2018 12:14 AM

I liked Adair... took me a long time to warm up to Jess Walton... Walton played her like a shrew bitch. Brendad played her like a drag queen.

by Anonymousreply 533December 14, 2018 1:47 AM

Can anyone refresh my memory as to why Brock called Katherine "Duchess"?

by Anonymousreply 534December 14, 2018 2:56 AM

Rhymes with "tuchus," which she kept grabbing, among other things.

by Anonymousreply 535December 14, 2018 3:09 AM

Is JaBottom still around? He's getting so little air time this December...

by Anonymousreply 536December 14, 2018 4:07 AM

What happened to JaBottom and JaBilly's plan to take down that ballbreaker Phyllis?

by Anonymousreply 537December 14, 2018 4:09 AM

Hilarious how they gave JaBottom "the finger" for his spot Y&R's new promo.

This could be used in an ad for Boy Butter as well.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 538December 14, 2018 5:20 AM

R538 Look at the size of that finger! JaBottom is insatiable!

by Anonymousreply 539December 14, 2018 6:10 AM

she likes it long and thick

by Anonymousreply 540December 14, 2018 11:52 AM

Brick calling Kay “Duchess” was blatant rip-off of Benny doing the same thing with Phoebe on AMC.

by Anonymousreply 541December 14, 2018 11:55 AM

Brock pre-dated Benny on AMC so R541 you are wrong.

However....The 'stealing' that went on between Bell and Nixon in those soap years, mid 70's was hilarious.

Rich lady Phoebe the drunk vs Rich lady Kay the drunk

Leslie in an mental hospital....then suddenly Alice on AW and Erica on AMC had breakdowns

Gwen Sherman the prostitute/call girl on Y&R and then later Donna the street smart hooker on AMC

The facelift of Margo on AMC.....and later Kay's facelift on Y&R

by Anonymousreply 542December 14, 2018 12:02 PM

Gwen came before Donna? My memory is so faulty about time frames.

by Anonymousreply 543December 14, 2018 12:53 PM

Donna was not a steal from Y&R. Agnes had read a story in the paper called "Little Ladies of the Night" about teen prostitutes, and did the Donna story based on that article. It was mentioned by Agnes and others throughout the year.

by Anonymousreply 544December 14, 2018 1:36 PM

What happened to Nikki's tinkly drinking music?

by Anonymousreply 545December 14, 2018 4:11 PM

LatinaLeslie Brooks aka Lola, don't you have tacos to sell?

by Anonymousreply 546December 14, 2018 4:54 PM

[quote] Lola is in business but can’t afford a transmission for her food truck? Doesn’t she have a credit card?

Problem solved. She'll just get her very own restaurant now.

She'll be the new Gina Roma!

I hope she hires some gay waiters like Gina did.

by Anonymousreply 547December 14, 2018 7:01 PM

McDaniel pimping Hans, Mel, LaBergman etc. while saying:

[quote] The Young and the Restless has also survived a serious contraction of the daytime drama world, with a dozen soaps going off the air during its 30-year streak. But with no real end to the run in sight, McDaniel likewise isn't planning for the end of the series. .. "We have this award-winning, ratings-generating, money-making show, and it really adds value to CBS," she said. "We expect it be a part of our lineup in the future."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 548December 14, 2018 8:13 PM

Sharon Case entertaining The Muhneys.

There are about three or four others.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 549December 14, 2018 8:41 PM

Why doesn’t Angelica McFatso acknowledge how many viewers have been lost under her watch? Y&R in particular has lost 1.5 million viewers in 2 years. Sure, Y&R is #1, it will always be #1 by default because of the timeslot and habit. That doesn’t make it a great show. The rankings in daytime stay pretty much stagnant.

by Anonymousreply 550December 14, 2018 8:57 PM

Angie's too worried about The Squawk tanking! That's what could get her fired.

[quote] Season to date, "The View" leads CBS' "The Talk" across the board: Total Viewers (+606,000 - 2.905 million vs. 2.299 million), Women 25-54 (+91,000 - 453,000 vs. 362,000) and Women 18-49 (+52,000 - 319,000 vs. 267,000). In fact, "The View" is increasing its Total Viewer lead over "The Talk" compared to last season (+88% - 606,0000 vs. 322,000) to its largest in 6 years - since the 2012-13 season.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 551December 14, 2018 10:09 PM

The Squawk has lost as much audience as Y&R!

by Anonymousreply 552December 14, 2018 10:27 PM

Jack and Kerry are so boring to watch!

by Anonymousreply 553December 14, 2018 11:40 PM

Jack and Kerry are a very creepy couple.

by Anonymousreply 554December 15, 2018 1:33 AM

Aunt Jack getting a women young enough to be his daughter, again. YAWN!

by Anonymousreply 555December 15, 2018 4:03 AM

Reed drives into a tipsy Nikki during a blizzard? How many times has that scenario been used on Y&R?

by Anonymousreply 556December 15, 2018 5:07 AM

Fen singing at the Jabot Christmas party . . . WTF?

by Anonymousreply 557December 15, 2018 5:08 AM

In this case, the actress playing Kerry is actually young enough to be Aunt Jack's granddaughter. That's what makes it super creepy.

by Anonymousreply 558December 15, 2018 5:12 AM

Who cares about the Jabot Christmas Party? .. Can't we just fast-forward to "JaBottom's Holiday Bukkake" up at the Abbott cabin?

I hear it's a five-hander. .. Maybe six, if J.T. makes a surprise reappearance.

by Anonymousreply 559December 15, 2018 5:18 AM

Where was Dina when Jack and Kerry were decorating and deciding on whether to fuck?

by Anonymousreply 560December 15, 2018 5:33 AM

Why is Traci in NYC for Christmas?

by Anonymousreply 561December 15, 2018 5:35 AM

Was the car Reed was driving declared a total loss after it hit Grandma Nikki?

by Anonymousreply 562December 15, 2018 5:37 AM

I get all moist “down there” seeing Jack get the young snatch.

by Anonymousreply 563December 15, 2018 5:55 AM

I'm still restless, Snapper.

by Anonymousreply 564December 15, 2018 5:56 AM

Why hasn't Kyle deflowered Lola yet? What's he waiting for?

by Anonymousreply 565December 15, 2018 5:57 AM

R565 Kyle is saved from the deed because she's a committed Virgin!

by Anonymousreply 566December 15, 2018 6:03 AM

Has Lola even seen or touched Kyle's empanada yet?

by Anonymousreply 567December 15, 2018 6:10 AM

I get the impression there's something not on the up & up about Kerry.

by Anonymousreply 568December 15, 2018 6:16 AM

I see Daran did some "story consulting" on this coming Monday's episode.

Karaoke is such a British soap thing.

All of those soaps have "Karaoke Nights" in their main pub that the characters frequent.

I bet we get Bingo and Quiz Nights before too long as well.

by Anonymousreply 569December 15, 2018 6:26 AM

The only thing up about Kerry is her penis.

by Anonymousreply 570December 15, 2018 6:42 AM

Unless Reed is present, Kerry is usually the tallest guy in the room..

by Anonymousreply 571December 15, 2018 7:38 AM

Reed looks like he's transitioning.

by Anonymousreply 572December 15, 2018 12:07 PM

Reed is a lesbian.

by Anonymousreply 573December 15, 2018 12:28 PM

Love the comment about Reed's Bette Davis hairstyle. Very MARGO dah-ling.

by Anonymousreply 574December 15, 2018 5:32 PM

Spoiler:

[quote] Aunt Jack and Dina's Bangs take a trip down memory lane about past Christmases.

I wonder if we'll get any more flashbacks of Young John in his snug pants?

by Anonymousreply 575December 15, 2018 7:45 PM

Dina’s bangs have made Y&R #1 for 30 years!!!!!!! We need more Dina and her bangs!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 576December 15, 2018 8:50 PM

Too bad they can't remember the Christmas where Kay shows up drunk at the Abbott party ready to spill the beans on Jack and Jill.

Mamie: Mrs. Chancellor, wouldn't you like a cup of coffee?

Kay: Ohhh, what a sweet, lovely thought Mamie.No.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 577December 15, 2018 9:31 PM

Terry Lester was SO sexy.

by Anonymousreply 578December 16, 2018 2:12 AM

Too bad Terry wasn’t smart enough to not get the aids.

by Anonymousreply 579December 16, 2018 3:31 AM

Video of Brenda last week.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 580December 16, 2018 9:28 AM

That is surreal. Nuttier than Christmas fruit cake. Still milking a soap opera role from decades ago. The broad is a freak.

by Anonymousreply 581December 16, 2018 11:36 AM

Since we're almost done here....yes, the new thread

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 582December 16, 2018 11:40 AM

Watching old clips, am I wrong in thinking Dickson was actually a decent actress - I mean before the camped Jill up for the 80s? In that Christmas clip, big hair notwithstanding, she's quite natural with Lester. And a pretty figure

by Anonymousreply 583December 16, 2018 12:09 PM

I jacked off so many times to Terry Lester in the 80s.

When I first saw Jack Wrangler in a porn video, I was like, Oh....this guy looks like he could be Jack Abbott's older brother!

by Anonymousreply 584December 16, 2018 12:24 PM

Crazy Brendad gets a lifetime achievement award - a piece of paper printed on a home computer - and they couldn’t even spring for a frame for this ‘award’. LOL. Homeless Brendad is crazier than ever. What if she spills her drink on this lifetime achievement award? It’s ruined forever. lololol #KooKoo

by Anonymousreply 585December 16, 2018 2:07 PM

R579, may I educate you? Back in those days no one was smart enough not to get AIDS because no one knew what caused it and how it was transmitted. Was it poppers? Was it repeated exposure to other STDs? Was it the STD treatments? Many years went by before the virus and its means of transmission were identified, during which people were infected without their knowing and, of course, so many died. And then it was even more years later that treatments started coming out, and the first ones only postponed the inevitable. It wasn't until the mid 1990s when protease inhibitors came out that there was a chance to survive.

by Anonymousreply 586December 16, 2018 2:14 PM

R586 You are noble and kind, but ignore Miss R579 as so many of us already have.

She's mentally ill and just says shit like that all the time. When she isn't saying things like "Traci Abbott plugged up the toilets at Television City!"

by Anonymousreply 587December 16, 2018 2:19 PM

Bajour Jabottom!

by Anonymousreply 588December 16, 2018 5:13 PM

Miss Lester was pretending to be straight, but having the gay sex, wink wink. He got the aids. Karma.

by Anonymousreply 589December 16, 2018 6:47 PM

Miss Lester ‘pretended’ to have a girlfriend, Lindsey. Everyone knew that he was gay. Girlfriend. Yeah right. He was getting the aids.

by Anonymousreply 590December 16, 2018 6:51 PM

So who besides Bierdz, Corbett and Lester were gay on Y&R in the 80s? What's the verdict on Michael Damian? How about hunky Steven Ford?

by Anonymousreply 591December 16, 2018 6:55 PM

R583 Brenda was very memorable during her first run - a perfect mix of the innocent and the sex kitten. .. And for about the first two years of her second run, she was still pretty "normal." .. There's one scene I have from 1984 where Brock has returned home, and the chemistry between Brenda and Beau takes viewers right back to the mid-70s. .. There's no way Adair or Walton could have captured their on-screen relationship. .. From my perspective, the OTT campiness that people forever associate with her didn't really take over until about 1986. This is one of the reasons why I believe her when she claims she was getting conflicting direction on how the character should be played. While she herself may have been developing "issues," there definitely seemed like something else was going on as well. And if TPTB didn't like how she'd been playing the character, then why did they tell Jess Walton to sit in a room and watch videos of Brenda, instructing her to "play Jill like that"?

by Anonymousreply 592December 16, 2018 7:15 PM

Make no mistake. Brenda was always eccentric, but she was following direction. What happened was, it was 80s and the home audience liked the over the top portrayal of Jill, so they encouraged her to play it that way. Then, when they needed to get rid of her, they turned it all around on her and then blackballed her which turned a charming eccentric into a full on crazy person. There is a special place in hell for the people who did that. Jeanne Cooper knew the truth.

by Anonymousreply 593December 16, 2018 7:31 PM

R591 The actor who played Greg Foster #4 (ca. 1980-82) is gay.

Howard McGillin. Came out in the 90s. Big star on Broadway.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 594December 16, 2018 8:09 PM

He's got a dreamy sensitive look.

Bottom.

by Anonymousreply 595December 16, 2018 8:43 PM

R592 Jess was instructed to play that way during the first month of transition, to ease the viewer's natural reluctance to see a new performer in the role.

She did it that way for a while and then, as someone previously mentioned, Terry Lester told her "you're allowed to stop imitating her now."

It's unusual for recasts to be instructed to act so much (with physical elements and expressions) like the prior actor but this was one case. Liz Keifer taking over for Sherry Stringfield at GL was another. But in both cases they were stepping into a role that had JUST been vacated.

Most other recasts either have a few weeks/months in between, or have been done deliberately to go in a very different direction from the prior performer.

by Anonymousreply 596December 16, 2018 8:48 PM

Why was Brenda fired in the first place? She was compelling to watch, even in OTT Alexis mode, and she was definitely responsible for bringing in the viewers. She and Jeanne were born to be screen partners. Was she really caught in the middle of some power struggle between Bell and presumably Wes Kenney?

by Anonymousreply 597December 16, 2018 8:59 PM

No, Muhney is STILL not coming back.

by Anonymousreply 598December 16, 2018 9:00 PM

Dear God in Heaven!

by Anonymousreply 599December 16, 2018 9:01 PM

I'm still dead bitches!

by Anonymousreply 600December 16, 2018 9:01 PM

Did Jess play her for a few episodes and then they went back to Brenda? I’m still unclear wtf was going on while they were trying to,decide who to have as Jill. Someone please answer in the next thread

by Anonymousreply 601December 16, 2018 9:02 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!