Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

New Sam Heughan thread

Why Sam does have full frontal in Outlander

by Anonymousreply 600January 22, 2019 9:53 PM

Obviously, because he has a small willie. They should give him a prosthetic and get on with it.

by Anonymousreply 1November 12, 2018 1:38 PM

r1 No, no - it's a packet of French Fries, just look at Balfe's IG post. As long as it's a Happy meal, it's got salt, and his guy likes it.

by Anonymousreply 2November 12, 2018 9:08 PM

If Tobias went full frontal why couldn’t Sam.... We’ve all seen the dick swinging while he was working out. He’s not that small at all.

Sam liking Nina Dobrev’s posts on IG, new hetero PR strategie?

by Anonymousreply 3November 15, 2018 12:58 AM

So where is this full frontal?

by Anonymousreply 4November 15, 2018 1:50 AM

r3 Some tumblr sites are certainly speculating that Nina Dobrev could be a new 'beard' - their own words - they are learning the lingo. It's possible, I guess. Now that Balfe has been at boringly great pains to stress that she is NOT WITH SAM (with the focus on her private life rather than the next season of OL - not exactly good PR), and Sam has finally joined in in the latest videos - 'I'll plan the wedding'), he is going to have to look at getting another beard if they decide that the Hot Hetero Hunk narrative is not being entirely successful - some Tumblr sites are now saying that he looks 'gayer and gayer every day' and 'gayer than ever'. On the other hand, he may choose to stay the available hunk until after that meat market Win a Date thing is over in May. Meanwhile he will hint and tease (and hopefully get in some really good acting in his roles as well).

by Anonymousreply 5November 15, 2018 5:18 AM

r4 The Tobias full frontal is in the last episode of Season 1 of OL - according to the podcast it was Tobias' idea and took some of them by surprise. Looks good though.

by Anonymousreply 6November 15, 2018 5:21 AM

Oh, I don't want Tobias' full frontal, r6. I want Sam's. This is what OP said:

[quote]Why Sam does have full frontal in Outlander

by Anonymousreply 7November 15, 2018 7:05 AM

Omg... I'm so sorry. Typo. "Why doesn't Sam go full frontal in Outlander?" I was drunk.

by Anonymousreply 8November 15, 2018 4:58 PM

Rumour has it that there was some footage of Sam full frontal in the last two Season 1 episode shoots but they decided to not use it, and I can see why - if there was a full frontal of Sam, some of the fantasist fans would have a meltdown - it would be all over the internet, prints up on walls, resting on the pillow next to them etc etc. Maybe he'll show it all in a future role when he's away from the OL obsessives - we can but hope. And as long as he uses some matte finish make-up. I've seen his shining testicles on stage years ago - very distracting.

by Anonymousreply 9November 15, 2018 6:29 PM

"Rumour has it that there was some footage of Sam full frontal in the last two Season 1 episode shoots but they decided to not use it, and I can see why"

Wise decision. Much as I'd love to see Sam in all his glory, those episodes were NOT the place to do it given the obsessive fandom.

by Anonymousreply 10November 15, 2018 6:44 PM

R9 there’s been a lot of talk over the years about these shiny balls. What’s the deal? Does he shave them or is it just glitter?

by Anonymousreply 11November 16, 2018 5:47 AM

r11 Not sure - maybe wax? He did say on twitter earlier this year that he'd had sac and back waxed (could have been just banter or maybe not) , so maybe he's been doing that for years (brings tears to the eyes). Whatever he does or doesn't do to/with them, the shine was damned distracting.

Meanwhile, on an Omaze post that referred to a competition to win a trip to NY to have a pizza with Jennifer Lawrence, Sam chimed in and commented "Can I swap?" Somehow I don't think he is looking forward to his Win a Date foray. The whole idea would be uncomfortable even with a straight actor. I feel sorry for him - some of the fans really do seem to think that it would be a genuine date and that they have a real chance to win his heart, and the organisers are going to have to choose the winner and guest very, very carefully.

by Anonymousreply 12November 16, 2018 11:50 PM

I think they’ll have an older married couple win that date- it is for winner and guest; probably a Sam-mummy fan and her hubby! That shiny balls thing is quite an enigma

by Anonymousreply 13November 17, 2018 3:52 AM

r13 What a pity a gay couple can't win it. Sam would probably enjoy himself so much more.

I went to a play a couple of nights ago in celebration of the 12 month anniversary of the plebiscite that strongly supported same-sex marriage in my country and there was a lot of full frontal/nudity. One of the guys had the flattest backside I have ever seen and I was wondering how the hell he kept his pants up when he was clothed, and the guys behind me described it as a 'Sam Heughan bum' - well, Sam is not curvaceous butt-wise but that seems a little unfair. I will have to look more closely now.

by Anonymousreply 14November 17, 2018 5:01 AM

I think he’s built it up since the first couple seasons of OL- it did look flat a few years ago. He mentioned using a bootie band for exercising somewhere

by Anonymousreply 15November 17, 2018 5:23 AM

R14 anyone can apply for the Omaze date. It seems unlikely that many guys will though....I hope a nice guy will win but it will probably be a granny from the Gabaldon cult. Who else would pay 5000 dollars?!

I understand Sam is not looking forward to this “date” at all. Makes you wonder why he agreed to do this. There are other ways to raise money instead of selling yourself. Pizza in New York sounds a lot more low profile, he should’ve done that too. Did Jennifer respond?

It’s hardly a real date in May anyway at a gala with at least 1000 others. Sitting at a table with Sam and at least 6 others. How romantic...

he’s starting to look a bit square since Bloodshot.

I miss the old Sam

I still find it repulsing that even his personal Facebook page is now scrubbed.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16November 17, 2018 6:56 AM

*repulsive

by Anonymousreply 17November 17, 2018 7:01 AM

Oh look who spent his friday night in a gay club in budapest.

by Anonymousreply 18November 17, 2018 9:55 AM

Who u ?

by Anonymousreply 19November 17, 2018 10:53 AM

R18 saw it! Drags and all. Average night for Sam like he says😉

by Anonymousreply 20November 17, 2018 12:09 PM

[quote]Oh look who spent his friday night in a gay club in budapest.

[quote]saw it! Drags and all. Average night for Sam like he says😉

YESSSSS. Sams IG story 17th November - night out last night in Budapest.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21November 17, 2018 1:23 PM

He’s not trying very hard to hide it. Also in the MTV/ Josh “funny” video he said he was “living a lie” he might not have referred to the gym😏

by Anonymousreply 22November 17, 2018 2:12 PM

R22 and I’m sure not many people picked up on that. And he said essentially the same on Kimmel - that he lies all the time - for roles. Sure Sam. ;-)

by Anonymousreply 23November 17, 2018 2:38 PM

r21. Great post! Anybody around, who is wondering?

by Anonymousreply 24November 17, 2018 4:41 PM

I dearly hope he's quietly working on a long game of reveal a more authentic (and lets face it, a more interesting) self - and these are little 'living a lie' clues he's laying down - and will get well schooled by Ruby Rose and friends that it's ok and he could still be rich and famous and loved and at the same time be a bit more real. He really needs to express a bit more personality - so good he did the Josh goof gym thing as generally his interviews are too boring, and he only ever trots out standard lines. I think he's a wicked dirty party model boy with a determination for fame and wealth.

by Anonymousreply 25November 17, 2018 8:17 PM

r16 Yep, I hear you about finding the scrubbing of even his personal facebook page repulsive. And.....the whole fauxmance/showmance (either he was a really crap boyfriend who didn't even like being in the girl's company, and at the same time a sleazy creep who slobbered over another guy's girlfriend/fiancee, or.....he is gay and he was bearding and being Will to Balfe's Grace); the oh so convenient 'denial' interview on the eve of TSWDM after all the previous hedging, and the condescension to the gay community and its supporters - we're not all 'camp', mate; the games, the innuendo. Hopefully a lot of it is in the past - but you never know, and JA watches him like a hawk. Meanwhile, if we can't have full frontal, maybe we can have him in drag somewhere - come on, Sam! But do use good wigs - not like the decomposing small animal OL ones that do nothing for your gorgeousness.

by Anonymousreply 26November 17, 2018 9:02 PM

[quote]@SamHeughan the last two episodes, first season, dynamic between you and Tobias, the agonizing sexual sadism depicted in Jamie's breakdown, searing, mesmerizing, I must know, did you draw on hetero/bi or homosexual impulses to make it so very real. I'm an out gay man, SF, CA.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27November 18, 2018 7:07 AM

Does anyone truly think at this point Sam would admit he is a gay man? His entire career trajectory for the last couple of years has been based on being hetero, going so far as an unasked for denial and calling being gay camp.

by Anonymousreply 28November 18, 2018 7:36 PM

r28 I doubt if anyone thinks he is going to come back out for now - he has played the hypocritical hetero game in order to succeed in the dirty HW game, and now has too much to lose (and even if he wanted to, there are too many people making too much money off his heterosexual image for him to do so). Maybe there's a Luke Evans replication in his future but not for quite a while, methinks. Meanwhile, we'll keep calling out HW homophobia and his role in it.

I've got to admit that his closeting has had an entertaining side, sad though the whole reason for it is. Has there ever been a more obvious bearding? The matchy matchy Equality t shirts, the photoshopping (no legs a bit of a giveaway), the scowling in her company, leaving her in the dust at some events, not looking at her at all, let alone lovingly etc etc (by the way, one tumbr-ite claims that she is back, and she's moving to Scotland to be with him as they can now live openly, and she has agreed to not antagonise his fans on SM - yeh, whatever). Worthy of a chapter in PR literature on 'How to draw attention to being gay by lousy and obvious PR'. Watch this space, I guess. The rumours may die down but they haven't gone away - some tumblr-ites have been hyperventilating that there's only one bar in Budapest that does drag shows and it's a GAY bar!!! (Oh,no, the horror). And "He should be careful! That's how rumours start!" (indeed).

by Anonymousreply 29November 18, 2018 9:13 PM

r27 Hmmm...this guy's later post there about Sam having a duty to come out if he's gay is likely to get him well and truly blocked. Interesting find.

by Anonymousreply 30November 18, 2018 9:23 PM

According to Graham McTavish, Duncan "Cockmunch" Lacroix is staying off Twitter...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31November 18, 2018 9:31 PM

Evidently, Heughan's a loud wanker. Cree taking the piss...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32November 18, 2018 11:08 PM

Looks like Sam "I want to be a movie star—I think that’d be great fun" Heughan is still on Enty's radar...

[quote]The PR and legal team have been in over drive as of late trying to scrub the internet of any reference to this foreign born A- list mostly television actor from a hit pay cable television show being gay. Apparently the closeted actor with the not very good at it beard thinks he could be a movie star, so the people are getting rid of it all.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33November 19, 2018 12:02 AM

r33 Very interesting. Thanks.

by Anonymousreply 34November 19, 2018 2:01 AM

[quote]Yep, I hear you about finding the scrubbing of even his personal facebook page repulsive.

For the newbies who still don't know what has happened in Sam's personal FB. These comments were posted in a previous thread:

[quote]Did anyone else read the comments to SH's photos on this personal FB page (not the commercial one))? I just read the comments on a photo of him as Bruce Wayne, a photo from 3 years ago and there is a guy called Keith Kikki Fleming who said "El Divo..?1 x" and Ian Skewis said: "Yum". and "are you Madonna?;)" To me this definitely suggest people know he is gay. Also a comment on another photo from a guy called Mark: "Fuck me Heughan. I think I may be on the turn!! Lookin'good &thrilled you are smashing it x" and another "Sam you are such a hunk after Batman, it could turn me".

[quote]Definitely not comments a straight guy would make to another straight guy.

[quote]There is also one from an elder woman (lesbian?) concerning his skipping pic "Keep skipping, big girl".

by Anonymousreply 35November 19, 2018 8:13 PM

R35 It’s very telling. By now I’m wondering who Sam and his PR time think they’re gonna fool. The Gabaldon cult must be retarded

by Anonymousreply 36November 19, 2018 8:34 PM

Oh DEAR, this thread was going so well, but then the rot came back

by Anonymousreply 37November 19, 2018 10:16 PM

Sam's got more foreskin than actual cock.

by Anonymousreply 38November 20, 2018 12:07 AM

R38 is that you Ross/Ivan? 🙄

by Anonymousreply 39November 20, 2018 8:37 AM

Those visits from Ross/Ivan were such a treat...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40November 20, 2018 2:14 PM

How convenient he deleted his social media profiles....

by Anonymousreply 41November 20, 2018 3:48 PM

Why was the previous thread closed?

by Anonymousreply 42November 20, 2018 3:48 PM

R40 R41

[quote]Those visits from Ross/Ivan were such a treat..

[quote]How convenient he deleted his social media profiles....

Ross Morrell's account was reported to Sam by a homophobic Outlander fan and it was closed. As usual. ((:

We'll always have Prague.......

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43November 20, 2018 5:42 PM

So it was Sam himself who backed this....geez...maybe Duncan was forced too

by Anonymousreply 44November 20, 2018 6:16 PM

r44. I think Ducan found out himself, that leaving SM is a clever move.

by Anonymousreply 45November 20, 2018 7:40 PM

Just on the edge... I any case, matching leatherjackets are much better than matching "Equality" shirts.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 46November 20, 2018 7:47 PM

matching?

by Anonymousreply 47November 20, 2018 8:03 PM

[quote]homophobic Outlander fan

R43 Which is like saying 'wet water' when it comes to the Gabaldon cult.

by Anonymousreply 48November 20, 2018 8:26 PM

r32 Yep, Cree is back. If SH is telling the truth about being 'usually COMPLETELY silent', he must be a bit of a dud lover - unless of course he is gagged as part of a bondage session. That could be a bit more interesting.

by Anonymousreply 49November 20, 2018 9:08 PM

I don't think Sam's gay. I get a transvetite vibe. I think he is a cross dresser but has sex with women. He just has a feminine side.

by Anonymousreply 50November 20, 2018 9:59 PM

Sam's longtime friend and co-star Steven Cree saying that Sam likes cock:

[quote]As I walked over they both said hi and Sam said something like, “oh, we like cardinals,” in reference to my jersey. They put their arms around me and we took the first picture. And then Steven says, “Sam also likes cock,”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51November 20, 2018 10:52 PM

R50 come on! Wake up and smell the coffee.

by Anonymousreply 52November 20, 2018 11:38 PM

[quote]I think he is a cross dresser but has sex with women.

R50 Do you really think so, possum?

[quote] Barry Humphries' Wives: Lizzie Spender m. 1990, Diane Millstead m. 1979–1989, Rosalind Tong m. 1959–1970, Brenda Wright m. 1955–1957

[quote] Barry Humphries' Children: Oscar Humphries, Tessa Humphries, Rupert Humphries, Emily Humphries

[quote] Sam Heughan's Wives: 0

[quote] Sam Heughan's Children: 0

by Anonymousreply 53November 20, 2018 11:59 PM

I think Cree is being too clever for his own good. We know he likes to take the p**s but he stirs it too. A cardinal is a bird so he was being funny saying 'cock' as in double meaning cock meaning bird but wink, wink. Sam is such a naive guy who Cree loves winding up. But IMO it's very tongue in cheek. I think they're all a bit theatrical.

by Anonymousreply 54November 21, 2018 12:00 AM

[quote]A cardinal is a bird so he was being funny saying 'cock' as in double meaning cock meaning bird but wink, wink.

R50/R54 We can see you're reeeeeeallly reeeeeeaching, here. Do you need to lie down?

by Anonymousreply 55November 21, 2018 12:15 AM

R50/R54, there's nothing straight about his Bat and his close friends know that ;)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 56November 21, 2018 12:24 AM

R56 But how very interesting that Amy’s tweet is gone. I’m surprised he didn’t delete his response. Anyone have a screen shot of the original tweet?

by Anonymousreply 57November 21, 2018 4:11 AM

If he were a straight guy with nothing to hide, his friends in the entertainment industry (who need to be promoting their brands) wouldn't be deleting tweets, deactivating accounts and going dark on SM. smh

by Anonymousreply 58November 21, 2018 5:04 AM

r56 Yes, that tweet to me is extremely telling. I've seen a few tumblr-ites trying to explain it away but they can't come up with anything even remotely convincing.

by Anonymousreply 59November 21, 2018 6:56 AM

Folks, sorry, I don't know how to post a link to this article in Yahoo Finance, 21 Nov 2018, so please bear with the typed summary: a survey of 2,201 US adults was conducted by Morning Consultation and the Hollywood Reporter (whoever they are) and came up with the following figures on the degree of support for changes to how James Bond is portrayed: Black - 49%; US-born - 32%; female - 19% (with Millennials much more supportive than older participants); Hispanic - 19%; Asian- 17%; gay - 15%. The article stated that the survey question on a gay Bond was unclear on whether it was referring to a gay Bond or a gay actor playing Bond. This survey seems pretty unreliable - 21% of participants had never seen a Bond movie, and the article itself isn't consistent in interpreting its own stats, but for what it's worth, the 70 something comments attached certainly underscore that changes to a white, straight, male, British Bond wouldn't be exactly welcomed by many (no comments dealt with an openly gay actor playing Bond - maybe that is just too left-field for them to even contemplate). Given Heughan's dream of playing Bond (I think he's got far too much competition but you never know], he is almost certainly going to continue to pursue a straight, action-man narrative, whether he is comfortable with it or not.

by Anonymousreply 60November 21, 2018 7:31 AM

R60 Thanks, Barbara Broccoli.

by Anonymousreply 61November 21, 2018 7:34 AM

Look familiar

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 62November 21, 2018 10:55 AM

Wrong link?

by Anonymousreply 63November 21, 2018 12:48 PM

Dunno bout the OL cast in general

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 64November 21, 2018 3:49 PM

[quote]Yes, that tweet to me is extremely telling. I've seen a few tumblr-ites trying to explain it away but they can't come up with anything even remotely convincing.

R59 It's amusing to watch them come all the way over here and try to pass off that ish on a gay website.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 65November 21, 2018 9:57 PM

r65 The justifications I have read on tumblr were a little bizarre to say the least. They go into detail that playing a straight bat is a cricketing term that means that you are playing the game fairly, transparently, truthfully and correctly (yeh, got that - I am from a cricketing country), and apparently SH was really hinting that he was being deceitful and lying about some undisclosed matter and that Amy would know this, and of course it had nothing to do with anything gay. So there you go -to them it was better for SH to be hinting that he was lying and being deceitful than making any gay reference - sad.

by Anonymousreply 66November 22, 2018 8:58 PM

I have to stop here now, because I want to read more pages of Tab Hunter's book Confidential.

This book came into me around No. 39 of the gay Sam Heughan threads.

This book is a great read and describes the HW rules for the gay perfectly. Nothing had changed.

And my love goes to the guy who,/her made me buy this book.

by Anonymousreply 67November 22, 2018 9:54 PM

If you watch the doco on tab hunter you will see that they did “Win a date with tab hunter “ sound familiar someone can post the front page of the magazine advertising the free date - nothing has changed

by Anonymousreply 68November 23, 2018 11:18 AM

during the time of Tab Hunter a lot of the stars did the win a date thing. It wasn't exclusive to him or gay actors. He also did it for his own popularity. Sam is doing it for charity. Big difference.

by Anonymousreply 69November 23, 2018 11:38 AM

If it’s just for charity and not for his ‘Herero Heughan’ image, then a gay guy should be able to win.

by Anonymousreply 70November 23, 2018 3:44 PM

**Hetero

by Anonymousreply 71November 23, 2018 3:44 PM

Why not? It's 2018. We even have our own gay dating game...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 72November 23, 2018 3:53 PM

[quote]If it’s just for charity and not for his ‘Hetero Heughan’ image, then a gay guy should be able to win.

Some people are already asking Sam about it in twitter but I don't think that he replies.

In 2016, Sam said that 'they were going to put him into a box' and this year, he hasn't even dared to post about Gay Pride, like he had always done in the past.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 73November 23, 2018 6:03 PM

r70 do the rules say a gay guy can't win?

by Anonymousreply 74November 23, 2018 7:03 PM

r70 Doubt if the rules would be so blunt as to say that a gay guy can't win but can you imagine Jennifer Allen's squawking if they did??? It would be hilarious! The Powers That Be would make damned sure that it didn't happen. They may well already have lined up some woman in a carefully selected demographic. Watching with interest.

by Anonymousreply 75November 23, 2018 7:31 PM

r75 of course the rules don't say it, it would be illegal/discrimination.

by Anonymousreply 76November 23, 2018 7:35 PM

[quote] The Powers That Be would make damned sure that it didn't happen. They may well already have lined up some woman in a carefully selected demographic.

R75 She'll be young, fit and single...maybe even the next beard! And we'll do it for charity! We'll kill two beards... uh, birds, with one stone.

by Anonymousreply 77November 23, 2018 7:41 PM

r77 Yeh, the thought about it being a way to select a new beard crossed my cynical mind too. Still love to have a gay guy win it somehow - he could go in drag - Sam would like that!

by Anonymousreply 78November 23, 2018 7:50 PM

I’m sure it’ll be some older married woman who is obsessed with OL or one of the Heughligans

by Anonymousreply 79November 23, 2018 8:47 PM

Like me?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 80November 23, 2018 8:51 PM

r77 and r79. Interesting. Very interesting.

May be it will be somekind of combination. Middle aged woman, who was overweighted but benefited from MPC and is now very fit, is widowed because her husband died from cancer and is also a huge fan of OL the books and the series. Anyone going to bet against me?

by Anonymousreply 81November 23, 2018 8:56 PM

Just for interest I did a (very) quick search on some Win a Date Competitions over the last decade or so - some are familiar, some I've never heard of but probably most people have, most tied to a charity or an event such as a movie premiere: Enrique Iglesias; George Clooney (twice); Max Greenfield; Nick Goepper; Norman Reedus; Harry Styles; Blake Gray; Jason Segel; Ryan Chiaverim; Chris Hemsworth; One Direction (all of them); Zac Efron; Dustin Diamond; Johnny Apple; Channing Tatum (? you had to answer a survey to get the rest of the details so can't be sure); Double date with Matt Damon and Ben Affleck; or with Mark Wahlberg and Will Farrell.

A-n-d a double date with Tom Daley and Dustin Lance Black in 2015 (Tom would have been out two years by then? And I think they have married and adopted now?) - Way to Go!!!

by Anonymousreply 82November 23, 2018 9:08 PM

We'll be there to assist Sam in managing his date.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 83November 23, 2018 10:12 PM

You know the MPC women at that gala are going to be all over the guy. The winner needs to be someone that can be ignored and isn’t threatening to his fan girls (like married couple).

by Anonymousreply 84November 23, 2018 10:24 PM

R84 yes since that winner of the date can bring a friend my bet is indeed that it’ll be a couple

by Anonymousreply 85November 24, 2018 2:04 AM

Just asking. Do you think there will be a filming of S5 and S6? I know, that it was already announced.

But with the Nielsen numbers down (OK there are no numbers public about the app users), I think, that there may be not more upcoming seasons of OL.

by Anonymousreply 86November 24, 2018 2:59 PM

r86 are you the one that thinks that they will cancel it every season? and what difference does it make? and yes, there will be a season 5 & 6

by Anonymousreply 87November 24, 2018 3:24 PM

R86 as I have said before I’m not sure. I don’t believe a season 6 will be happening if season 4 will not pay off.

by Anonymousreply 88November 24, 2018 3:34 PM

They already announced seasons 5 and 6 were a go.

by Anonymousreply 89November 24, 2018 4:15 PM

I think they’ve spent a crap ton of money promoting season 4 with the principals all tweeting and retweeting all the time. Caitriona not as much as the others but she’s the star so they all cater to her. [html removed] I can see a season 5 but I’m not so sure Starz won’t cancel before they film season 6. Just my 2 cents.

by Anonymousreply 90November 24, 2018 4:47 PM

Sam has been watching Scotland rugby game.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 91November 24, 2018 5:54 PM

[quote]as I have said before I’m not sure

R88 Of course; anyone can speculate. R87 is also R47/R69/R74/R76, the ConTROLLing (a.k.a. Brain-dead) troll. She lurks on DL Sam Heughan threads just to bash other posters and derail the discussion. She's been busted for outright lying and pretending to be different posters answering her own questions, like she does at R74/ R76.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 92November 24, 2018 6:16 PM

r92. And here we go again.

by Anonymousreply 93November 24, 2018 8:13 PM

r88 r90 FWIW I think OL is pretty safe while LG seeks a buyer - LG/Starz need all the attractions they can muster as they explore the market and then settle into new arrangements. OL ratings do seem down, and so far in S4 the writing has been quite patchy (it would be a challenge for even the most talented writers to adapt DG's brick-size tomes); Balfe's acting has been more mannered; the released scripts once again show some odd editing choices; and poor Sam is again downgraded to sidekick rather than male lead. But even with the issues, and with some slump in viewer numbers, it's likely to remain within an acceptable range, with S5 a goer. S6 may be a little less certain. In any event, LG/Starz needs OL for now, and the pressure will stay on Sam to remain the eye-candy and the straight hero, on and off screen.

by Anonymousreply 94November 25, 2018 1:36 AM

R94 well said.Sounds plausible.

I don't get how the fans think Sam and Amy are a thing.... Maybe Amy will win the date with Sam and then she can bring her girlfriend Marina haha

by Anonymousreply 95November 25, 2018 8:37 AM

r92 first of all you're wrong. I don't answer myself. I may add something but I don't ask a question and answer myself. you must sit and record everything people say so you can post accusing posts of others. If you don't like my posts BLOCK me. how is that so hard? or do you just sit here so you can accuse others of things to make yourself feel better? please....block me. and if you will notice, I never comment when the posts have some content to them.

by Anonymousreply 96November 25, 2018 11:47 AM

R96 You've been busted for worse than talking to yourself, troll. You have nothing of LGBT interest to contribute and if you continue to bash and disrespect others who do, we'll continue to call you out on it.

by Anonymousreply 97November 25, 2018 4:01 PM

r96 sorry, I don't block anyone. you really are delusional so I'll just leave it at that.

by Anonymousreply 98November 25, 2018 4:44 PM

r97. One thing is for sure. Our MRT is monitoring 24/7/365 any syllable around the globe (as far at is written in english) concerning gay actor Sam Heughan. MRT is on a crusade. We all know, what happened to most of them. So. Just do not feed.

by Anonymousreply 99November 25, 2018 6:41 PM

So, who looks more feminin?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 100November 25, 2018 6:50 PM

Hey pretty one, how are you. To be honest, he really looks like owning the world, very happy. This pic was taken around OL S 1 premiere.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 101November 25, 2018 6:53 PM

Link to the other thread about Gay Sam:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 102November 25, 2018 6:59 PM

r102. Thanks. I' am happily posting on both of them.

So one for the bed on this thread.

Mary wishes you a good night and a happily start in the new week.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 103November 25, 2018 7:04 PM

r97 I know it's tempting, but don't bother calling out the trolls. Just scroll by. Trolls were successful in derailing the great thread before (no doubt to the delight of Jennifer Allen - and probably SH as well) and reacting just further encourages them, particularly if they think they are on a roll. To quote Heughan himself, suggest you ignore.

Meanwhile, folks, loving the photos. SH has always been gorgeous, but he looked absolutely intriguing in his early/mid twenties. To me, he was so androgynously beautiful that he was like a work of art to be put on a plinth rather than a sexually attractive guy you would want to jump on. Now he's still absolutely gorgeous and still very pretty but he looks rather more 'real'. (now enough of the art appreciation rambling from me - heading off for coffee)

by Anonymousreply 104November 25, 2018 8:51 PM

[quote]To quote Heughan himself, suggest you ignore.

R104 Heughan's "look the other way and play the game" philosophy is exactly what's at issue, isn't it? Others choose to speak out and call out hate. You're welcome to follow your values and I'll follow mine.

by Anonymousreply 105November 25, 2018 9:58 PM

r105 Yes, I agree that ignoring is rarely the way to go, and I am certainly all for calling out homophobia, bearding, PR games etc. I've done it a lot on the threads (and I've been slapped around and spat at etc. by homophobic rednecks during marches etc - so I can never be seen as not choosing to speak out, I assure you). But in this case, ignoring the trolls seems to be the only way to deal with them - they will never go away (this whole crusade of theirs smells of orchestration), and engaging them only encourages them. They will never change their minds. Ignoring them is not playing their game - it's refusing to play their game by reacting to them and encouraging them in their plans to have the thread shut down again, which is what's at issue. We will have to agree to disagree, I think.

by Anonymousreply 106November 25, 2018 10:23 PM

R101 Poor guy had no clue what insanity awaited him.

by Anonymousreply 107November 25, 2018 10:30 PM

[quote]. SH has always been gorgeous, but he looked absolutely intriguing in his early/mid twenties. To me, he was so androgynously beautiful that he was like a work of art to be put on a plinth rather than a sexually attractive guy you would want to jump on.

Androgynously beautiful.....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 108November 25, 2018 11:08 PM

[quote]We will have to agree to disagree, I think.

R106 So be it. Trolls are redlined for violating DL rules, plain and simple. DL is a bigger community than just one thread. I can assure you that trolls getting banned doesn't automatically shut down threads. Hate speech should never be allowed to continue anywhere on DL, period.

by Anonymousreply 109November 25, 2018 11:17 PM

R33 [quote]Looks like Sam "I want to be a movie star—I think that’d be great fun" Heughan is still on Enty's radar...

[quote]"The PR and legal team have been in over drive as of late trying to scrub the internet of any reference to this foreign born A- list mostly television actor from a hit pay cable television show being gay. Apparently the closeted actor with the not very good at it beard thinks he could be a movie star, so the people are getting rid of it all."

Everybody knows that Sam is gay and closeted...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 110November 26, 2018 3:58 AM

Just my humble opinion. The DG books were entertaining up to book 3 and then the rest were deadly boring. The TV series went like this: Season 1 was beautifully done, well acted, plausible lines and good story. Season 2 wasn't as good as season 1 but still entertaining and of course, beautiful costumes. Then the rot set in in Season 3: Poor acting, chunky lines and silly sets. Season 4: Sweet baby Jesus how bad can it get?? Dreadful acting, awful editing, dreadful lines and dreary sets. There is going to have to be a miracle for the rest of the season to be worth watching. So is it realistic to expect a season 5 and 6. SH and CB are not going to gain any new fans from this dog's breakfast of a TV show or in SH case, from TSWDM which was painful to watch? I wonder if he thinks that the Showmance, the bearding and the lies added anything to reaching his dream of being a Hollywood star.

by Anonymousreply 111November 26, 2018 4:40 AM

r111 Well, IMHO, I think he's probably counting on a new wave of fans with the comic book franchise and the Andy McNab story based action movie. At least for now he probably does think that the showmance and the fauxmance and all the games have added to the chances of reaching his dream of being a 'movie star'. And JA and co. will be right in his ear all the time telling him so and urging him to stay in the closet and pursue a hetero image, no matter how uncomfortable he may be with some of it. The new OL season is getting a lot of fanatical praise from a core group, with anyone who dares to make even a slight criticism being pounced on and berated by 'real' fans of the show, and this constant praise is what he will be gravitating towards (only natural), but the sycophants are not necessarily a sizeable group, and a lot of viewers seem to be either liking only parts of the show, or increasingly indifferent to it all, or talking about switching to other shows such as A Discovery of Witches - too soon to say if this trend will last, and there are likely to be periodic surges of interest with various episodes, but OL does seem to be getting a bit stale and less engaging. I still think there will be a S5 but perhaps S6 will be a little less certain - for the moment LG needs OL. I do wonder whether he really does deep down think he has a real chance at Bond. Sure, he's probably in with a chance, but there are so many others after it too and they too will be adding to their CVs while the decision-makers ponder. Meanwhile, it's more games, more deflection, more closeting. I just hope that he does have a patient and loving and just wonderful guy in his private life. It's a hell of a price to pay for stardom. FWIW.

by Anonymousreply 112November 26, 2018 6:55 AM

Apparently they’re hard at work breaking down, set building and scripting s5 to commence filming in the new year. Only 12 eps. If the downward trend continues, S6 could be shelved. Contracts expire in 2020. SH has probably never looked better or happier, much better than 2017. For all the criticism of S4 so far, he has been praised for his subtle acting. CB seems to be under strain and taking pot shots at will at her fandom, calling them a bunch of ‘horny grannies’

by Anonymousreply 113November 26, 2018 7:28 AM

I feel Sam looked happier and more hopeful during season 1....Since the Bloodshot filming he generally looks tired, not very cheerful(and too square).

by Anonymousreply 114November 26, 2018 8:21 AM

[R114] yeh - before the closeting circus really got going. OL is certainly blah this season, the script writing not clever enough to elevate DG's anachronistic stories, and SH and CB not surrounded by enough brilliant and interesting gang of actors like they were in season 1. I still watch it though for my sins. My dream for SH's long game in a few years time is for him to star in an provocative and edgy netflix/amazon tv series set in the very near future, in a post truth, pre apocolyptic, populist simmering pot of a city, about a cross dressing and bisexual homicide detective with a complicated love life and a dark secret trying to do his job. Dexter meets Top of the Lake meets Grayson Perry. Hell - that's a pitch! Where's my agent!

by Anonymousreply 115November 26, 2018 8:57 AM

R115 haha brill, write a script

But agree the closeting and pressure has done Sam no good(well his bankaccount)...we'll see if he'll feel it's al worth it in the end.

I hope his current film project will be better than the spy.....He has talent it just doesn't seem to come out much after season 1 of OL. The storyline and scripts of the new season are meh at best.

by Anonymousreply 116November 26, 2018 12:39 PM

R115 You should done your pitch in the voice of “Stefan from SNL”, cause “it’s got everything”!!

by Anonymousreply 117November 26, 2018 2:28 PM

IT competence tragic here seeking advice - folks, I have on my desktop a supposed IG story from Heughan and my efforts to post it here to see what others think of it have been spectacularly unsuccessful. It was on a tumblr site a week or so ago and I copied and pasted it - it seems fake to me, but it is a little intriguing - all part of the weird SM world. All assistance gratefully received and feel free to tell me that I am obviously inadequate in not being able to do this myself straight away.

by Anonymousreply 118November 27, 2018 6:04 AM

Just watched OL season 4 episode 4. Has anyone else noticed that in this season SH and CB look like no matter how much effort they put into acting it looks like they can't stand a bar of each other?

by Anonymousreply 119November 27, 2018 6:45 AM

R119 in season one there was some chemistry in their acting and it has been getting less and less. It seems they have set their eyes on something bigger than OL like they are just doing a routine job or maybe they are also tired of the crazy fandom and shippers and don’t want to feed them.

by Anonymousreply 120November 27, 2018 7:29 AM

r119, r120 I think CB in particular regrets the hot scenes of the earlier seasons and she wants a more serious actress vibe - she probably hated Saeed Jones calling the show 'porn' (where have his episode assessments gone by the way?). I think that SH had been quite comfortable with the showmance and he continued to play up to it even after she got engaged - and she and Tony didn't mind all that much because he was gay, but now she really doesn't want to play any more, and it's been affecting their interaction on screen too. I expect that both of them, CB in particular, do want to move on separately from OL when they can (and can you blame them given some of the crazy fans? Some of the shippers still think that the two are married and have two kids). So she'll keep on with the serious actress bit and he will pursue the hot single hetero with a capital H action-man image, with perhaps hints of a girlfriend every now and again, and it will continue to impact on their screen chemistry, even though a lot of the fans will be in denial that the spark has dimmed. FWIW.

by Anonymousreply 121November 27, 2018 7:54 AM

I agree. It could be that CB resents sacrificing her integrity firstly in participating in the showmance and in falsely voicing her support of TB.

by Anonymousreply 122November 27, 2018 7:54 AM

r122 Sorry - looks like my post (r121) cut across yours as we both pressed at the same time - agree with your points.

by Anonymousreply 123November 27, 2018 7:58 AM

Agree with the last three posts on the lack of chemistry between Sam and Caitriona and the reasons why

R118 which IG story? can you describe it? I believe I have seen his IG stories over the past two weeks....what stood out for you?

by Anonymousreply 124November 27, 2018 8:08 AM

r124 I think it is a fake. I can't work out how to attach it so here is a description. It is supposed to be from Sam Heughan (same photo as he uses in twitter and IG), and has 'w.network' next to his name but there is no blue tick. It is a vivid orange, and in the middle there is a cut and pasted twitter posting by joniandpeter #Outlander #False Bride, saying 'Jamie: I have nothing to give you, Me: Have you looked in a mirror?' Above that is 'It's Friady. I'm in Love' and below it is a white rectangle withna heart and 'How perfect is Jamie?' and further under that is a head shot of Shatner in Star Trek uniform and smiling. It was the presence of Shatner that raised comment on tumblr. I don't know where it came from - it just appeared a couple of times on tumblr, with some comments about Shatner bullying shippers and expressing sadness that SH was promoting him. Curious. What I dislike so much about Shatner is his homophobia - George Takeo wrote about how downright vile Shatner was to him once he knew he was gay. If this IS a genuine SH IG posting, it is very disappointing that SH would include such a homophobic jerk in his postings, and if it isn't (and I don't believe it is - no blue tick for a start), what was the poster trying to prove? Very odd. Hope this makes some sense.

by Anonymousreply 125November 27, 2018 8:53 AM

Sorry, make that Friday, not Friady. Can't attach an image and now I can't type. Dram required.

by Anonymousreply 126November 27, 2018 8:56 AM

And 'withna' is supposed to be 'with a'. Sigh. As I said, I think it is a fake and hopefully SH has continued to be more distant from Shatner. Crossed fingers.

by Anonymousreply 127November 27, 2018 9:15 AM

I understand and the strange thing is I saw it too, Shatner in startrek outfit I do recall and I think it was Sam's own official IG story(I don't follow anything on tumblr) but it was like this very small/short snippet on a day that he added more to his story.... Yes strange that he would still mention Shatner after all that has happened with the " loyal OL fans" and the homophobic stuff. If he'd be wise and sincere he'd stay miles away from Shatner. Someone in the previous threads said his soul was eroding with all the bad and insincere PR and that person definitely had a point imo.

by Anonymousreply 128November 27, 2018 9:30 AM

r128 God, if it is not a fake, that is just so disappointing. We're camp, we're stereotyped, he is 'not aware' of his gay fans, he doesn't retweet anything about Gay Pride any more, he's gone along with the blatant straight washing, he went along with the crass and obvious bearding (even though he quite obviously came to be extremely uncomfortable about the whole thing), and he still seems to associate with a clear homophobic bully. Somehow I think he is neither wise nor sincere, at least not anymore. I'm now beginning to actively dislike him, which is sad because I've been following his career for 16 years, since he was a talented young lad cavorting on a table. He seems to be well and truly in the sunken place and I just hope he thinks it is worth it.

by Anonymousreply 129November 27, 2018 9:56 AM

R129 Tell us more about seeing him in Outlying Islands. How long was he up on that table?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 130November 27, 2018 10:07 AM

r130 It was a long time ago and the memory is a bit blurred now, but he did seem to be up there for several minutes. Mind you, we were so surprised at what we were seeing that the passage of time became irrelevant and it may not have been as long, or it could have been longer - being ambushed by naked white Scottish buttocks, let alone testicles, can distort your sense of time, believe me. Are we seeing what we think we are seeing? How long is he going to be up there? He is simulating, isn't he? Why are they so shiny? Does he shave them? Are those stage lights burning him? Hang on, the other guy is speaking from the sidelines - what's he saying? Who cares? I should track down and consult with the rest of the group who dragged me off to the theatre with them (I hadn't wanted to go to any play that dealt with anthrax testing). Pity I can't time travel - I'd have looked rather more closely.

by Anonymousreply 131November 27, 2018 11:15 AM

R131 Haha thanks for painting such a vivid picture of naked young Sam fucking on a table with his ass in the air and shiny balls glinting under the Klieg lights for untold minutes. Sounds like he was well worthy of that Lawrence Olivier Award nom for Most Promising Performer.

by Anonymousreply 132November 27, 2018 11:29 AM

R131 Thanks for the eyewitness account. This is why we love DL.

by Anonymousreply 133November 27, 2018 11:34 AM

R131 thank you. Wish I could have seen it. R129 I a m starting to feel more and more dissappointed.....I understand what you mean

by Anonymousreply 134November 27, 2018 1:51 PM

[quote]" ....being ambushed by naked white Scottish buttocks, let alone testicles, can distort your sense of time, believe me. Are we seeing what we think we are seeing? How long is he going to be up there? Why are they so shiny? Does he shave them? Are those stage lights burning him?"

Yes, Sam's balls were shiny. Even grannies could see it......xd

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 135November 27, 2018 6:27 PM

r134 Yeh, a while ago I showed that oh-so-coincidentally timed and condescending 'denial', 'that world', 'camp' interview to a wonderful friend of mine for his opinion. My mate is 6'6", gorgeously dark and swarthy, so well built that he blocks out the sun, and a poster boy for masculinity (a lot of people just refuse to believe that he is openly gay). He read it and said 'I'd mince over to Heughan, apologise that I wasn't wearing a feather boa because it was in the wash, and then hang him up on the floor'. Yep.

by Anonymousreply 136November 27, 2018 8:15 PM

[quote] "God, if it is not a fake, that is just so disappointing. We're camp, we're stereotyped, he is 'not aware' of his gay fans, he doesn't retweet anything about Gay Pride any more, he's gone along with the blatant straight washing, he went along with the crass and obvious bearding (even though he quite obviously came to be extremely uncomfortable about the whole thing), and he still seems to associate with a clear homophobic bully."

Sadly, it's not a fake ((: Sam put Shatner's face in his IG story, 4 days ago.

This is a good site where you can find all the IG stories that Sam is posting:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 137November 28, 2018 6:51 PM

r137 Perhaps he thinks it is some way to cosy up to the large Star Trek fan base, even if it means ignoring Shatner's well-documents bullying and well-known homophobia. Very sad for someone who said about himself 'Ain't nothing straight about my Bat. You know that'. I now picture SH standing with his fingers in his ears going 'La, la, la, can't hear you, doesn't matter, don't care, I wanna be a movie star and I'll do anything to get there, la, la, la, can't hear you'. Maybe he should get back with the beard - they may have had more in common than it appeared. Off to stomp around kitchen and drink too much coffee.

by Anonymousreply 138November 28, 2018 9:07 PM

Make that documented, not documents. Definitely need a coffee

by Anonymousreply 139November 28, 2018 9:08 PM

[quote]I wanna be a movie star and I'll do anything to get there

Right now, he’s a wannabe actor.

by Anonymousreply 140November 28, 2018 10:33 PM

Sam is the leading man in the movie he's filming in Hungary, "SAS: Red Notice":

[quote]Deadline also exclusively reports here that Yeoman has joined the independent feature SAS: Red Notice from director Magnus Martens and written by Laurence Malkin and Chad Thurmann. Pic stars Ruby Rose, Tom Wilkinson and Sam Heughan. Production is already underway in Budapest. The movie follows a SAS operator Tom Buckingham (Heughan) who is hiding on a Eurostar that’s just been seized by a small army of private military contractors. Yeoman plays Olly, a Black Swan mercenary.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 141November 29, 2018 12:07 AM

r141 Luke Evans, back to being quietly but openly gay, was originally slotted for the SAS : Red Notice role now taken by SH, but has moved over to a major role in 'Midway', to be released 6 Nov 2019. Who knows, maybe if Midway is a big hit (x fingers although it's not my type of film), it might be an indication to SH that your career doesn't always suffer if you do come back out. Even if he wanted to, though, SH won't, or can't, do the same while he's involved in the weird OL world and he's pursuing his Bond dream, and while he and others - powerbrokers, PR staff, agents etc- have so much invested in his closeting and an image as a hetero hero. Luke also comes up in lists of contenders for the next Bond, rather more often than SH does, but I doubt if either of them would get it - Luke's chances probably went down after that survey about not wanting a gay Bond (with a probable inference of not wanting a straight Bond played by a gay actor either), and SH, even in the closet, just has too much competition, at least for now). Watching this space.

by Anonymousreply 142November 29, 2018 4:09 AM

Richard Madden seems to be vying for Bond. Nice new British GQ cover and spread.

by Anonymousreply 143November 29, 2018 8:35 PM

SH will never be Bond in a million years. He doesn't have the acting chops or the gravitas or an edge to him. He's cute, thas' all - which is why i watch him.

by Anonymousreply 144November 29, 2018 10:04 PM

r144. You have probably stolen my thoughts :-).

So. Bedtime pic for the two of us

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 145November 29, 2018 10:19 PM

[R145] Bless you and thanks for the pic! night night!

by Anonymousreply 146November 29, 2018 10:34 PM

Oh come on Sam held his own on those prison scenes with Tobias Menzies in Season 1.

by Anonymousreply 147November 30, 2018 12:05 AM

R147 yes I agree he is talented enough. Outlander....his heart doesn't seem to be in it anymore like in the first season plus the storylines are now completely crappy and boring. Everything is violence, rape, travel....we've seen that all before in the previous seasons. I hope his new film is a project he use his skills in.

by Anonymousreply 148November 30, 2018 7:08 AM

R147 Small screen charisma is a much different animal than the big screen as evidenced by his audition for the Bond role in the Spy movie. He's adorable but didn't cut it as a leading man. Madden could have a similar issue.

by Anonymousreply 149November 30, 2018 12:46 PM

[quote]Oh come on Sam held his own on those prison scenes with Tobias Menzies in Season 1.

[quote]yes I agree he is talented enough.

Agree. And I think he also has charisma.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 150November 30, 2018 5:15 PM

I forgot; he's beautiful and gay.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 151November 30, 2018 5:34 PM

R149 Yeah, agree on the big screen charisma factor - or lack thereof - for both SH and RM.

by Anonymousreply 152November 30, 2018 5:50 PM

RM played an excellent role in the Bodyguard recent TV series but I bought that he would make a good Bond. Roger Moore's Bond character was pathetic but he still played in several movies. But IMO Sean Connery was the best for the part. Arrogant, suave, dangerous and every women's fantasy. I don't think SH fits the bill but Jonathan Reese-Meyers sure does, if he's interested.

by Anonymousreply 153November 30, 2018 10:14 PM

Oops!! Not "bought", "doubt" of course.

by Anonymousreply 154November 30, 2018 10:29 PM

Hmm, the bearding narrative has a bit of a sputter - an anon poster has shown up in a few tumblr sites claiming that MM is moving/has moved to NC to the Blue Mountains [presumably meaning Blue Ridge Mountains?] where SH has bought a home and where they will live in secret and start a family soon. Why can't you people leave them alone? the poster cries. I would suggest that MM's problem is that she IS being left alone. Please let her get the message and just go away, get a job even.

by Anonymousreply 155November 30, 2018 11:17 PM

[153] i agree. SH is not hard enough to play Bond, or different enough. He is a modern day Roger Moore and Roger Moore would never be cast as Bond in today's world. I can understand why there was a lot of focus at some point about Idris Elba being the next Bond, as the producers need to make a choice that redefines the character and takes it forward for the next generation. SH doesn't fullfill those needs in my view. SH's suave always has a tinge of camp to my eyes and i'm sure that's not what they want for Bond anymore. They've had Moore and Dalton doing that. happy to be proven wrong. [147] - yeah sure he was good in the prison scenes but i think over the whole outlander, his acting range is pretty narrow. I haven't seen TSWDM. I hope this next movie gives him the ops to show more of what talent he may have. god OL is boring so far this season.

by Anonymousreply 156November 30, 2018 11:46 PM

I absolutely agree Outlander this season is as boring as bat shit. SH 's acting has been very ordinary in all the seasons. Even cringeworthy in some scenes but seasons 3 and 4 it is woeful. In TSWDM it was just meh.

by Anonymousreply 157December 1, 2018 12:06 AM

LOL.... Is that 'anon' Sam's publicist?? Some desperate shamzie troll? xd

Adorable GAY Sam:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 158December 1, 2018 12:19 AM

r155 The Shamzie Tumblr anon poster reminds me of that guy on YouTube in the 90's crying "Leave Britney alone!!" Sam would never move out of the UK. If he moved to the US, scores of deranged fans would find his house and stake it out 24/7. As it is, several have moved to Scotland to be "near" him already. He's ambitious as shit; but hopefully not completely off the rails. And let's hope the book has been finally, permanently closed on his little cross-eyed "friend."

by Anonymousreply 159December 1, 2018 1:01 AM

r159 Yes, let's hope we never again see our pretty Sam wearing that stink face he came to have in her company.

by Anonymousreply 160December 1, 2018 3:14 AM

how long do you think it will be before you stop bringing up MM? hasn't it been almost a year since the last sighting of them together? in 2 years will you still be saying I hope MM is out of the picture?

by Anonymousreply 161December 1, 2018 11:58 AM

R155 are you serious?! Where did you see that several have moved to Scotland to be near him? Not doubting...just pretty appalled. The MPC gala should be very interesting.

by Anonymousreply 162December 1, 2018 2:25 PM

R155 are you serious??!? Where did you see that people have moved to Scotland to be near him? Not doubting you...just pretty disgusted. The MPC gala should be very interesting considering most of them probably only joined to be “closer” to him.

by Anonymousreply 163December 1, 2018 2:32 PM

R155 are you serious??!? Where did you see that people have moved to Scotland to be near him? Not doubting you...just pretty disgusted. The MPC gala should be very interesting considering most of them probably only joined to be “closer” to him.

by Anonymousreply 164December 1, 2018 2:33 PM

by Anonymousreply 165December 1, 2018 2:53 PM

Are you serious??!? Where did you see that people have moved to Scotland to be near him? Not doubting you...just pretty disgusted. The MPC gala should be very interesting considering most of them probably only joined to be “closer” to him.

by Anonymousreply 166December 1, 2018 3:03 PM

Are you serious??!? Where did you see that people have moved to Scotland to be near him? Not doubting you...just pretty disgusted. The MPC gala should be very interesting considering most of them probably only joined to be “closer” to him.

by Anonymousreply 167December 1, 2018 3:04 PM

by Anonymousreply 168December 1, 2018 3:05 PM

Since JA seems to think MM is a believable beard, there’s a chance she’ll come back out of the woodwork. People seriously moved to Scotland to be “near” SH?? Can you link the site where you saw this? I completely believe you...just kind of disgusted by it.

by Anonymousreply 169December 1, 2018 7:12 PM

[quote]People seriously moved to Scotland to be “near” SH??

Judging by the sociopathic troll behavior we've seen on the Heughan threads, I'm not surprised to hear it.

by Anonymousreply 170December 1, 2018 7:24 PM

RELATED: Regardless of what you think about vocal range-challenged Troye Sivan, he's an out and proud gay pop star. Here, he talks about how difficult it was to play a homophobic role in Boy Erased, the Joel-Edgerton-written-and-directed-and-acted-in drama about gay-conversion therapy.

[quote]He's the gamine but weary boy Lucas Hedges's main character meets at a camp horrifically named Love in Action, where newly outed young people are expected to list and renounce their “sins” (that's hate-speak for gay stuff). Sivan's character periodically guides Hedges's through the trauma of denying one's identity.

[quote]The role is important to Sivan, but it also took an emotional toll on him. During filming, “it started to feel really isolated from the rest of the world,” he tells me. “All day, every day, all we heard was this negative rhetoric about LGBTQ people.” Scripted homophobia still hurts the soul. “So it started to feel very real after a while.”

[quote]“I remember feeling so relieved to go back to my life, which feels almost comically gay now: I got to make this super-gay album, and shoot these music videos, and live with my boyfriend in L.A., and get coffee in West Hollywood every morning.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 171December 1, 2018 7:45 PM

If anybody moved to Glasgow which is highly doubtful they would be very disappointed; Sam is hardly there he’s just commented he’s been away for 5 months not counting all the cons and other commitments, chances of seeing him would be rare

by Anonymousreply 172December 1, 2018 10:34 PM

R172 A fan did move there from the US and lives on his street. She has no shame (or self awareness) in tweeting about seeing him come and go.

by Anonymousreply 173December 2, 2018 12:03 AM

r173 I know of someone that moved there and also lives on his street but she was going to graduate school there. I don't remember her tweeting about him coming and going but she did tweet about him. is it the same one?

by Anonymousreply 174December 2, 2018 12:24 AM

Just a point from r155 - it was r159 who posted about fans moving to Scotland to be near SH - I don't know anything about that.

r171 thanks for the related article post - an interesting read.

by Anonymousreply 175December 2, 2018 3:09 AM

R173

Sam bought a house in Glasgow countryside to avoid thoseOutlander lunatics.

by Anonymousreply 176December 2, 2018 3:53 AM

R174 An Outlader/Sam fan just happens to choose Glasgow for grad school and just happens to live on his same street? What a coincidence.

by Anonymousreply 177December 2, 2018 4:16 AM

So which middle-aged couple will end up on the Tab Hunter-style dream date with Heughan? Will the lucky winners be invited to join him at a celebrity gym with a camera crew, or bag a munro with a camera crew or share a dram of "burning hospital flavored" Laphroig with a camera crew? Whatever they do, there'll be plenty to sell, er... tell the grandkids.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 178December 2, 2018 5:14 AM

R173 so ask your friend about boyfriend sightings re: Sam. Spill the the tea!

by Anonymousreply 179December 2, 2018 5:48 AM

r179 sorry, she's not a friend. She is one that I have watched play on both sides of the fence when she thinks no one is looking so she cannot be trusted. I just look at her account once in a while.

by Anonymousreply 180December 2, 2018 4:24 PM

Folks, just a friendly reminder that we're not stalkers and we're not encouraging stalkers.

by Anonymousreply 181December 2, 2018 7:52 PM

Forget the stalkers and trolls. Let's go back to topic: Gay Sam

R21

[quote]Oh look who spent his friday night in a gay club in budapest.

[quote] saw it! Drags and all. Average night for Sam like he says😉

[quote]YESSSSS. Sams IG story 17th November - night out last night in Budapest.

by Anonymousreply 182December 2, 2018 9:15 PM

Don’t forget the St Andrews unicorn

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 183December 3, 2018 5:51 AM

Oh, honey

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 184December 3, 2018 1:23 PM

R184 love it. I bet Sam does too

by Anonymousreply 185December 4, 2018 10:29 AM

RELATED: We're down with Scotland....

[quote]In what is thought to be a world first, Scotland has approved a plan to mandate an LGBTQ-inclusive education at all public schools across the country.

[quote]Some of the themes that will be incorporated into the curriculum will include “LGBTI terminology and identities; tackling homophobia, biphobia and transphobia; prejudice in relation to the LGBTI community; and promoting awareness of the history of LGBTI equalities and movements,” according to a statement issued by the Scottish Government.

[quote]Daly added that he hopes the LGBTQ curriculum will empower young people by inspiring confidence and giving them role models to look up to. “It’s all geared toward helping LGBT young people and making sure they know they are part of a diverse and wonderful community of people," he explained.

Maybe Heughan should go back to school.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 186December 4, 2018 3:03 PM

R183 R184 R185

[quote]R84 , love it. I bet Sam loves it too.

Yep. He loves unicorns and cats ;)

by Anonymousreply 187December 4, 2018 4:51 PM

I meant R184.

[quote][R184] love it. I bet Sam loves it too.

And I bet Sam also loves faunus...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 188December 4, 2018 5:58 PM

r186 . Yep, maybe he should (or make that definitely he should) go back to school. He might learn that not everyone in 'that world' is 'camp'. And let's get him one of those rainbow ties for Christmas. Go Scotland!

by Anonymousreply 189December 4, 2018 7:09 PM

He should go back for acting lessons. Are the Outlander performances terrible or am I missing something?! He and the female lead make me cringe.

by Anonymousreply 190December 4, 2018 10:56 PM

I think that Sam's acting is the best thing of season 4. His eyes, the way he looks, his face is very expresive.

[quote]R186. Yep, maybe he should (or make that definitely he should) go back to school. He might learn that not everyone in 'that world' is 'camp'. And let's get him one of those rainbow ties for Christmas. Go Scotland!

Oh, yes, the 'camp' remark. Closeted gay celebrities like Sam, should never give PR interviews where they say that they are 'straight'. Shawn Mendes is the last example:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 191December 4, 2018 11:44 PM

R190 Yep the acting of SH (Jamie), CB (Claire) and JB (Young Ian) is dreadful in season 4. I can't understand it. I thought SH and CB acted well in season 1, otherthan a couple of very amateurish scenes. I think SH must find it awkward trying to act with roadkill on his head.

by Anonymousreply 192December 5, 2018 1:19 AM

R191 Mendes might be more of a conflicted/self-loathing gay. Heughan seems like he's letting his PR run the show and playing along, with mixed results.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 193December 5, 2018 2:57 AM

Yes, but during the horrible bearding, Sam looked stressed and unhappy.

Remember his comments about ' they are going to put me into a box', 'my private life is like living in a cave' and 'the whole (PR with the beard) week has been a pantomime':

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 194December 5, 2018 9:33 PM

RELATED: On NPR's Fresh Air, Terry Gross interviews Mark Griffin, author of a new biography of Rock Hudson, "All That Heaven Allows," about his life in the soul-eroding Hollywood closet. As we've seen with Heughan and his klutzy PR team, it's the same tired, homophobic playbook, over 60 years later

[quote] ...Henry Willson took a definite and very proactive interest in how he managed his clients, and Rock Hudson, especially. That was - Rock was very much his bread and butter at that point - the number one client - and on the rise in terms of his stardom. He was about to appear in, maybe, the most important film of his career, "Giant." So that's an unfortunate example of how a gay man, Henry Willson, would be willing to sell out another gay man, Tab Hunter, to save the career of a third gay man, Rock Hudson

[quote]I think it was very much an open secret in Hollywood that all of the costars that Rock worked with or, certainly, most of them and directors and production folks knew that Rock was gay. And as one person expressed it to me, he was so kind to everyone that he worked with, whether that was the leading lady or the gaffer or the editor, that everyone sort of kept this secret for him.

[quote]Rock is playing a character who's masquerading as a gay man in order to seduce a woman. So you have to wonder - Rock was a very intelligent man. What is going on in his mind when he's being handed these scripts? And of course, he plays it all very adeptly and shows a wonderful flair for comedy in all of these movies. But you just have to wonder as an actual gay man, you know, how was he processing all of this? And is it having any sort of impact on him psychologically or emotionally?

[quote]Rock believed that once this disclosure about his AIDS diagnosis was made to the public, that the public would completely turn their backs on him. And in fact, he received, I think it was 30,000 letters of support from, you know, the general public, moviegoers, people that had grown up loving him and seeing him in the movies.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 195December 6, 2018 8:23 AM

R195 it sounds all too familiar. Thanks for sharing. Let's hope Sam's story will take a more open and positive turn.

Fuck that closet.

by Anonymousreply 196December 6, 2018 10:58 AM

Agree, R196. And it's not like the closet is getting any awards or nominations for Sam.

It's the same thing every year. Cait gets her fourth nomination for the Golden Globes. Sam is, again, snubbed.

I don't think that Cait deserves it at all and I still don't understand why Sam was snubbed in Season 1.

Will congratulating his Grace.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 197December 6, 2018 4:43 PM

r197 Yes, I fully agree that Balfe does not deserve yet another nomination for a GG. Her acting in the earlier seasons did have some very fine moments and she did deserve some recognition but now that she apparently thinks she has 'arrived', her acting has often been far more mannered and pose-striking - waggle your eyebrows, stare with your mouth half-open, flare your nostrils, fold your arms and look sour and constipated. Meanwhile Heughan's wonderful acting in S1 went completely unacknowledged and he got pushed further and further into the beefcake, sidekick, cheesy dialogue spot. He is overall a far better actor than she is, and it must have been very disheartening to keep getting pushed aside for the 'lead', the 'star', even with his gratitude to her for the 'showmance' cooperation. Another nomination for Balfe will just encourage the show-runners to keep the focus on her and push him aside, although hopefully it won't get as bad again as it was in the last half of S3. Sadly, it just further encourages him to stay in the closet as he looks for a career outside OL (it has to end eventually).

by Anonymousreply 198December 6, 2018 7:48 PM

Even shippers are starting to realize Sam is gay and wish he would come out of the closet.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 199December 6, 2018 10:00 PM

[quote]Even shippers are starting to realize Sam is gay and wish he would come out of the closet.

The SHAMzie troll is also leaving because she has no PR showmance or FAKE gfs to push.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 200December 7, 2018 12:50 AM

In other words, she notified her sock accounts that she was taking a break.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 201December 7, 2018 5:35 AM

Balfe really wasn't great in OL season 2, 3 and 4....she gets nominated again...unbelievable. I hope Sam is starting to realise the closet isn't helping his career advance in anyway. It's probably just politics....Balfe getting nominated for mediocre acting once more. She won't win.

by Anonymousreply 202December 7, 2018 8:25 AM

Sam and his hot Barbour guys.

These pics reminds me of what he wished in the Red Bulletin interview: going back to to his first love, the theater , leading a quiet life ......." I dream of a little place on the water or on a loch in Scotland,” he says. “An escape place with a canoe somewhere"......

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 203December 7, 2018 5:48 PM

Good night guys.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 204December 7, 2018 8:34 PM

Because it is Friday night

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 205December 7, 2018 8:39 PM

r202 Well, let's hope she doesn't win. You can never rule anything out in showbiz (except fair play in promoting Heughan's talents and fair play for gay actors of course). I'm not surprised she was nominated again no matter how undeserving she really is. There would have been some very heavy lobbying to get it for her - LG needs as many associated noms as it can get as it still seeks a buyer; Albrecht still carries some misogyny taints after his domestic violence arrest in 2007 and it serves him well to ID with #MeToo and promote Starz women; and they know Sam (who is a minnow in the big picture) doesn't protest as Balfe stands on his shoulders yet again - after all, she did help him out with the showmance cover until she saw it as a liability on her way to being the 'star', the 'lead', the 'serious actress'. As long as he stays with OL (still his main meal ticket), Sam will be corralled as Scot Hunk support, and his action-man avenue into movie stardom is very crowded and hetereo-centric. So looks like more bearding or deflections and hints; more straight-washing; more avoidance of anything supportive of gay rights issues; and maybe, but hopefully not, another 'denial' or two. He is indeed in a box and maybe he will come to question whether it really is all worth it...or maybe not.

by Anonymousreply 206December 7, 2018 9:10 PM

r204, r205 Thank you.

by Anonymousreply 207December 7, 2018 9:13 PM

r206. In my opinion he is already on the descending path. Which is nothing I wish him.

But , to be honest, he had his peak after OL S1. Portraying Jamie he really gave his best. It is not his fault that Gabbaldon's story was getting boring after book 2, when she ran out of the plot line.

Now, he is milking the OL cow. Be honest, his appearence on the big screen are not impressive. He never left the Hallmark Christmas movie level. This Adam Sigl thing was an attempt in the right direction, but failed for many reasons.

All the stereotype, multi times already better done stories he was doing for Hollywood will just stay unreknown and no big success. Remember how fast TSWDM went straight to DVD? I don not know anything about that Marvel universe (Bloodshot), but I can hardly figure out, that this will generate a new fan base for him. Some 14 years old guys may be.

And the story line for his new production..., well I've already celebrated my 50. birthday: So quick review.

Sylvester Stallone in ??? rescuing people from a tunnell, Sylvester Stallone on his own in a jungle (Rambo part I to part eternity), Harrison Ford on the plane, Harrison Ford without a plane on an island, a thousands variations of a super hero.

Sam is for sure none of them, even he is spending 36 hours a day in the gym. And there will be no "movie star" unless producers want to go back to the 50's and 60's movies and need a Rock Hudson or Tab Hunter.

Why is nobody of his highly paid PR and agents are telling him?

by Anonymousreply 208December 7, 2018 9:36 PM

Is Sam feeding the SamCait shippers?

[quote]fatchance123 said: I can see your point @bestof60 but why has he not replied to the shipper comments making that clear. I agree with @pdxblonde it really is not fair of him to make these ambiguous tweets when she is engaged to another man. It is directly feeding the hate Caitriona receives from subsection of shippers. Caitriona has been 100% consistent about her relationship with Tony and friendship with Sam. Sam has always been ambiguous. It makes me wonder what he is hiding.

What he is hiding? Sam being gay is the ONLY scenario that makes sense and explains EVERYTHING ;))

Sam DID NOT want to do the denial interview in EOnline, he knew that Balfe was the perfect beard for him so he keeps being ambiguous when he can ;)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 209December 7, 2018 11:05 PM

r209 Yep - the showmance and the fauxmance can only be explained by his being gay. Either he has been a really sleazy straight guy publicly slobbering over another guy's girlfriend/fiancee, and at the same time making little effort to be with a woman he was supposed to be in love with, even eventually looking sick on the few occasions they were publicly together, and never acknowledging her as his love, indeed not even saying her name. What a boyfriend, what a jerk if he was really straight, and it just doesn't fit with his reputation as a really nice, kind person. All the hints, the games, Balfe (friend) and Mauzy ($$) going along with it, the innuendo, all can only be explained if he is gay and he has been bearding through a showmance and fauxmance. As you say, the ONLY scenario, the ONLY explanation. But to far too many of his fans it has to be ABG (anything but gay).

by Anonymousreply 210December 7, 2018 11:56 PM

[quote]Why is nobody of his highly paid PR and agents are telling him?

R208 Because exploiting gay shame and keeping homophobia alive in Hollywood is how leeches like Jennifer Allen make their living. As for his agent, TSWDM was a step in the right direction but he phoned it in. Wannabe James Bond fizzled on the big screen.

by Anonymousreply 211December 8, 2018 4:39 AM

r210. Perfect summation. There seems to be a distance between them, they were great friends, but I think Balfe is fed up with his posturing and insinuations. Usually during hiatus and showtime they banter on SM and promote the show. This year very very little

by Anonymousreply 212December 8, 2018 8:08 AM

R212 indeed the will and grace friendship is not what it used to be.....I guess CB feels she doesn't need Sam anymore. Sam would still like to hint at a "romance"

by Anonymousreply 213December 8, 2018 9:30 AM

Sam's new favorite song lyrics:

Don't know when she started changing Don't know how it's come to this Seems like yesterday she was in my arms, begging for a kiss Now the winds of change are blowin' And they're taking her away I will do my best not to hold her back, But there's nothing more to say She doesn't need me She's gonna leave me She needs some time on her own I should have told her Now I can't hold her Wish it could be like before But she doesn't need me anymore It's so hard to watch believe me It's so hard to be alone I just hope and prey that there'll come a day, She'll find the road back home She doesn't need me She's gonna leave me She needs some time on her own I should have told her Now I can't hold her Wish it could be like before But she doesn't need me anymore If I pretend to be happy, I'd only be fooling myself 'Cause here in my heart I know that I'm dying And it's tearing me apart, baby I'm crying I should have told her Now I can't hold her Wish it could be like before But she doesn't need me now Wish it could be like before

by Anonymousreply 214December 8, 2018 12:17 PM

Sam's IG story from Budapest. December 7, 2018:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 215December 8, 2018 5:52 PM

214, what song are those lyrics from? And any guesses who you think it's about for him.

by Anonymousreply 216December 8, 2018 6:02 PM

R214= first time poster

R216=ConTROLL poster

Ping, ping ping...adorable gay Sam:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 217December 8, 2018 6:55 PM

217 cheeky bugger😉 conTROLL , got it but you couldn't be more wrong. Naïve maybe, definitely curious but love reading DL for its banter. Stop making assumptions. Now back to beautiful, gay Sam.

by Anonymousreply 218December 8, 2018 7:20 PM

[quote]I guess CB feels she doesn't need Sam anymore

R213 That was apparent after she got her first award nom. She started in with the shading and smack talk about him on SM and in interviews.

by Anonymousreply 219December 8, 2018 8:00 PM

r219 To me, she well and truly revealed herself this time last year when she got her third GG nom (which she did not deserve - after the first two noms she became comfortable and she now primarily emotes rather than acts) . Sam had set up an appearance on a popular UK morning tv show (the one with Holly in it) and it seems that it was originally going to be just him but then he got Balfe on as well. Suddenly after her nom strings must have been pulled, he was no longer appearing, it was her alone, and she claimed he was 'working' so he couldn't be there. That must have stung. He did strike back on SM saying that no, he wasn't working and had been free. Then at the main GG show, she stated that she'd 'sent him home' for a table read. It then seemed pretty clear that she was out to push him aside, genuinely great friend or not. She's pretty ruthless- maybe she thinks she has to be, but no need to kick him in the face. Not much Will and Grace there anymore. It is a pity that he can't get away from any role with her as he'll be overshadowed until he does.

by Anonymousreply 220December 8, 2018 9:33 PM

r220 how do you know all that?

by Anonymousreply 221December 9, 2018 2:16 AM

r221 It was all on their twitter feeds at the time (apart from the bit about strings pulled and her being ruthless, which is my speculation and opinion).

by Anonymousreply 222December 9, 2018 2:26 AM

I don't remember Sam posting that he had set up an interview on a UK station and then got Cait on and then he wasn't going to be on but she was.

by Anonymousreply 223December 9, 2018 2:36 AM

I remember the tweets R220 mentioned too. I’m too lazy to scroll back through all Sam’s tweets to last year but it happened. He was honest and Caitriona looked like a fool because she had obviously been lying about the reason why he “couldn’t appear” on the show. Sam must have been angry to (more or less) publicly state that she was lying.

by Anonymousreply 224December 9, 2018 2:46 AM

Let’s not end this on a negative note;)

December.... Sigh

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 225December 9, 2018 2:49 AM

Not trying to hide it....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 226December 9, 2018 2:53 AM

Ignore the dumb ConTROLLing troll at R221/R223.

R220/R222 is correct and here's the Twitter exchange...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 227December 9, 2018 5:21 AM

r227 Thank you. It would have taken me ages to find it again.

by Anonymousreply 228December 9, 2018 7:19 AM

R227 thanks....I was too lazy to try and find it again.

by Anonymousreply 229December 9, 2018 8:23 AM

Oh fuck, I really thought you sad sad sad sad women had fucked off DL, but of course not

by Anonymousreply 230December 9, 2018 8:36 AM

The only positive thing about CB is that he didn't continue to support Sam's closet/cover

by Anonymousreply 231December 9, 2018 9:30 AM

*she didn't

by Anonymousreply 232December 9, 2018 9:30 AM

Haha! R230 gave herself an accurate signature.

by Anonymousreply 233December 9, 2018 2:17 PM

Sam's Q&A on his IG stories. Dec 9 2018.

He will be fly home on Christmas Eve,

Q: What are your plans for New Years?

Sam: "A fire. Whisky. Good company!"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 234December 9, 2018 7:09 PM

Given SH's involvement in a McNab-related movie, a snippet of possible interest - sent to me by a gay military mate (according to him no-one asks and no-one says and he has proceeded up the ladder just as his peers have done) - a tweet from Andy McNab (my mate didn't copy in the tweet that McNab was responding to):

4 April 2016: "SAS gay soldier? No big deal, not the first. All SAS come from the real world. Besides the Spartans didn't have problems with gay fighters?"

by Anonymousreply 235December 10, 2018 6:27 AM

Thank you R235. It would be interesting if being gay was part of why they gave Sam the role in that film

by Anonymousreply 236December 10, 2018 8:45 AM

Hey mentals, the latest episode of Outlander, Lord hot slut comes back, some wonderful acting and a strong episode 2 seasons in the making, Sam with his son and Claire were fucking excellent, resonance for Africa

by Anonymousreply 237December 10, 2018 8:49 AM

Love you too💋

by Anonymousreply 238December 10, 2018 9:34 AM

It was a good ep, Sam excelled in it, it really has been his season so far. The once much lauded chemistry with Balfe has diminished, sex and intimacy toned down. Her acting has become quite laboured and deliberate, which begs the question, just how much did Starz pay for the GG nomination?

by Anonymousreply 239December 10, 2018 1:09 PM

[quote]Sam with his son

Hey mental at R237, it was JAMIE with his son, not Sam....xd

Sam is not Jamie.

Adorable GAY Sam for you.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 240December 10, 2018 2:39 PM

I thought the acting was poor by all actors except Duncan.

by Anonymousreply 241December 10, 2018 3:19 PM

then why do you watch?

by Anonymousreply 242December 10, 2018 6:50 PM

r236 Hmm, I don't think it's likely. He isn't playing a gay character (perish the thought now that he's been straight-washed into the Hetero Hunk) and it fits him getting runs on the board in a lead role playing a straight guy, a straight hero, who even saves his girlfriend. I can't see it doing all that much for him but you never know - movie goers can be unpredictable.

by Anonymousreply 243December 10, 2018 7:43 PM

R239 You are right about their chemistry; they seem so over the sex scenes. That bathtub scene was painful to watch and you could feel the inner cringing from them over the ridiculous lines they had to say. So uncomfortable, but I found the rest of the episode to be amongst the best of late. David Berry always raises the level I think.

by Anonymousreply 244December 10, 2018 11:23 PM

in actual life no one experiences total compassion for years and years and years. After about a year or so one moves onto the next stage of a relationship. Why would anyone expect them to have this magic lovemaking for life that is completely unrealistic?

by Anonymousreply 245December 10, 2018 11:47 PM

R245 Hey, dumbass troll, we didn’t write the ridiculous books. Go ask Babbledon. She puked out the trashy pablum that sells like fast food for lovesick readers of cheesy bodice rippers.

by Anonymousreply 246December 11, 2018 12:06 AM

I’m liking this season so far. Never a fan of Balfe though plus her voice irritates me.

by Anonymousreply 247December 11, 2018 12:26 AM

r246 but she isn't directing the show, is she

by Anonymousreply 248December 11, 2018 1:05 AM

I continue watching this trainwreck of a season because I am an eternal optimist hoping for an improvement like the quality of season 1.

by Anonymousreply 249December 11, 2018 1:15 AM

Maybe Sam is tired of trying to hide he's into men and it shows in the series with Balfe....plus she treats him like shit online and in interviews anyway

by Anonymousreply 250December 11, 2018 8:42 AM

R248 she is a consultant and like R246 said the whole story sprung from her sadist mind

by Anonymousreply 251December 11, 2018 8:47 AM

Sam, the Cat Whisperer. Isn't he adorable?

The only pussy he likes ;)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 252December 11, 2018 1:07 PM

If his career fails he can always get his own catshow;)

by Anonymousreply 253December 12, 2018 7:34 AM

Or set himself up in a cathouse.

by Anonymousreply 254December 12, 2018 8:40 AM

lol R254

cats & drags show

by Anonymousreply 255December 12, 2018 9:09 AM

Interesting posts at R21 R33 R35 R40 R43......

[quote]Rumour has it that there was some footage of Sam full frontal in the last two Season 1 episode shoots but they decided to not use it, and I can see why

Of course there must be some footage of Sam full frontal....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 256December 12, 2018 10:27 PM

R6

I wonder if Tobias was wearing a modesty patch in this scene...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 257December 12, 2018 10:33 PM

Heughan would complain bitterly about filming sex scenes with Balfe but he sang a different tune about his rape scene with Menzies...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 258December 13, 2018 4:37 AM

He does his best acting with men.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 259December 13, 2018 5:12 AM

[quote]Heughan would complain bitterly about filming sex scenes with Balfe but he sang a different tune about his rape scene with Menzies...

Yep, R258, Sam said that those sex scenes with Tobias were 'a gift', With Balfe, Sam said that those scenes are 'a challenge' and he dreads them.

[quote].......revealed in an interview with Vanity Fair that the steamy encounters between Jaime and Claire aren’t his favorite part of the job – far from it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 260December 13, 2018 5:34 AM

More gay innuendo about Sam in Steven Cree's new "Heughan Talks Christmas Edition".

Sam's tumblr fangurls are not very happy about it.......xd

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 261December 13, 2018 2:01 PM

Loving the new season, good stories.

by Anonymousreply 262December 14, 2018 2:30 AM

r261 Yes, some little dears even unfollowed Cree over it - he wasn't worried.

by Anonymousreply 263December 14, 2018 6:30 AM

Heughan Talks is Cree's love letter to Jennifer Allen. He also went straight for Camuso with "Special guest, Michael Jackson." Now, that's a friend.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 264December 14, 2018 1:53 PM

[quote]More gay innuendo about Sam in Steven Cree's new "Heughan Talks Christmas Edition".

In case “Sam likes cock” wasn’t clear to everyone.

by Anonymousreply 265December 14, 2018 7:17 PM

According to IG story he also feels the "Queen Ruby Rose"chair should be his on set;)

by Anonymousreply 266December 15, 2018 10:25 AM

No more hideous shoe polish in his hair...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 267December 15, 2018 2:47 PM

he looks better

by Anonymousreply 268December 15, 2018 3:54 PM

[quote]In case “Sam likes cock” wasn’t clear to everyone.

Maybe Heughan came on to Cree (pun not intended) when they were at RSAMD. You wouldn't tease a straight guy about liking cock for no reason.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 269December 15, 2018 3:59 PM

I'm not a troll nor do I have an agenda. Got pilloried in here for saying I think Steven Cree is too clever for his own good, Cardinals are a red bird so double meaning is there. Yes, cock could be gay todger or a bird. I think Steven is just being funny, taking the piss. He knows full well these double meanings send some folk nuts. I think he's messing with us. Am ready for arsy comments . And no, I'm not against Sam being gay but I don't think he is.

by Anonymousreply 270December 15, 2018 6:30 PM

R270 = ConTROLLing troll who just can't leave these threads alone.

Adorable GAY Sam for her:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 271December 15, 2018 7:51 PM

The fact remains: He's pushing 40 and he's never been in a long-term relationship with a woman. You can come up with all the excuses you want, but that's a hard one to explain away for someone who's supposedly the nicest guy on earth.

by Anonymousreply 272December 15, 2018 8:59 PM

r272. Just a PR girlfriend/party escort who managed to make him look even more gay. And ill.

by Anonymousreply 273December 15, 2018 9:57 PM

r272 More than that to me, the fauxmance and showmance are hard to explain away when he is supposed to be not only straight but also a really nice guy : looking like he would rather be anywhere else than with the woman he is supposed to be dating? practically gagging when a 'girlfriend' is mentioned in a tv interview and turning the subject to his mother? Not even saying his supposed love's name? leaving her in the dust on the red carpet at the academy awards? etc etc. And continuing innuendos/heart's eyes/ PDA in interviews and on SM to his co-star when these are completely inappropriate toward a woman who is girlfriend/fiancee to another guy? These are the actions of a closeting gay (and he probably is a really nice guy - a really nice gay guy).

by Anonymousreply 274December 15, 2018 9:58 PM

271! Jesus Christ, in not a bleeding troll. Is everyone who has a different opinion a troll? Look until I see proper evidence not a guy acting daft or caught in unflattering photos I'll reserve judgement. I couldn't give a toss if Sam's gay but some of these assumptions are really weak. But hey, i don't blame you for wanting it to be. Maybe you're right? Time will tell.

by Anonymousreply 275December 15, 2018 11:59 PM

[quote]Just a PR girlfriend/party escort who managed to make him look even more gay. And ill.

[quote]These are the actions of a closeting gay (and he probably is a really nice guy - a really nice gay guy).

R274, BINGO.

Luckily, the horrible and ridiculous bearding is OVER; the main SHAMzie liar troll has finally given up (it was about time, lol)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 276December 16, 2018 1:21 AM

Thanks for letting us know!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 277December 16, 2018 6:30 PM

R275 Good luck getting any sense out of Frau Braun and her mental enablers

Anyhoo, new episode was great, am really liking this season lots

by Anonymousreply 278December 17, 2018 12:30 AM

[quote] Time will tell.

R275 Take all the time you need, hon. We'll be here.

[quote]Frau Braun and her mental enablers

R278 I've noticed that the DL mods don't look too kindly on hate speech, troll.

by Anonymousreply 279December 17, 2018 2:19 AM

It's time for a holiday musical interlude from our favorite *queen* of satire...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 280December 17, 2018 2:35 AM

R279 But you are Blanche, you are a nazi frau, by your own mental admission

Anyhoo, new season rocks, next season already renewed, you go Sam

by Anonymousreply 281December 17, 2018 5:53 AM

Sam likes watching himself on the telly according to IG and R281 he also likes cock like previously stated.

by Anonymousreply 282December 17, 2018 8:27 AM

R279 And Muriel shit canned your last two homophobic threads as they are such shit, so wake up and smell the sauerkraut, YOU are not needed or welcome frau cunt

by Anonymousreply 283December 17, 2018 8:46 AM

R280 Brilliant!

by Anonymousreply 284December 17, 2018 1:13 PM

It's VERY obvious that the REAL homophobic troll at R278/R281/R283, is not very happy because the ridiculous adored SHAMzie bearding is definitely over .....xd

This troll is again trying to derail these threads since they can't stand the talk about SAM BEING GAY. So let's go back to topic.-

[quote]More gay innuendo about Sam in Steven Cree's new "Heughan Talks Christmas Edition".

[quote]"Sam was thinking about cock when everyone else was praising Cree's dance moves in this FB post that sent the prissy fantards into Church Lady mode and caused Heughan to later delete his comments..."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 285December 17, 2018 1:15 PM

Not surprisingly, the gym is where Heughan spends most of his time...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 286December 17, 2018 3:20 PM

R285 Too true. Speaking of epic PR fails, have they announced the lucky married couple, or beard-in-training, who won the date with ‘Tab’ Heughan?

by Anonymousreply 287December 17, 2018 3:32 PM

RELATED: Alonso Duralde is so articulate on the subject of gays in Hollywood, homophobia's roots in misogyny and why many more gay actors than actresses choose to stay in the closet.

[quote]...being able to accept a man who is out as a romantic lead?

[quote]In the perception that audiences will have a problem with that. I don't know that they necessarily will. But I think that, like, agents and studio chiefs and the usual people who are afraid of losing their very lucrative jobs and the fear-based place from which they make their decisions...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 288December 17, 2018 4:13 PM

288/ Christ, the guy in pink shirt is so annoying he's stuttering, ooh and erring. Say what you mean.

by Anonymousreply 289December 18, 2018 1:21 PM

[quote] R21 He’s not trying very hard to hide it.

[quote]I dearly hope he's quietly working on a long game of reveal a more authentic (and lets face it, a more interesting) self - and these are little 'living a lie' clues he's laying down - and will get well schooled by Ruby Rose and friends that it's ok and he could still be rich and famous and loved and at the same time be a bit more real.

Yes, it seems that Sam and his co-star ,openly lesbian Ruby Rose, have become good friends. Sam posted this IG story yesterday:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 290December 18, 2018 6:53 PM

Beautiful Gay God.......

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 291December 19, 2018 7:29 PM

Bloody great episode this week, the girl playing Brianna is great casting.

Missed Jenny, I know she is in 'The Ferryman' on BW, but the actress is just so good.

by Anonymousreply 292December 19, 2018 7:58 PM

Yes r291 This one is does not need any explanation.

And merry Christmas to all of you who fill this thread with content.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 293December 19, 2018 8:22 PM

Hi darling

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 294December 19, 2018 8:29 PM

R292 Couldn’t agree more. I think it’s the best episode of the season thus far.

by Anonymousreply 295December 20, 2018 4:39 AM

Which isn’t saying much.

by Anonymousreply 296December 20, 2018 5:05 AM

R296 Sam and CB aren't in the episode lol

by Anonymousreply 297December 20, 2018 6:47 AM

Funny that the best episode doen't have CB or SH and their distaine for one and other in it even though it was deadly boring. It seems to be that this season RDM has been MIA.

by Anonymousreply 298December 20, 2018 10:50 AM

R295 Yes nice callbacks of characters and choices, am really enjoying it

by Anonymousreply 299December 20, 2018 4:52 PM

Looks like the Starz/Lionsgate flacks are showing up to shill for Rapelander because they know the DL thread on Heughan's homosexuality is heavily watched (currently close to 20K views) by fans who have been voicing their dissatisfaction on SM. The average person wouldn't seek out a thread about a TV actor on a gay gossip forum to talk about a low-ratings show unless they were clued-in PR shills or trolls.

by Anonymousreply 300December 20, 2018 6:08 PM

R300 Oh dear, you are so fucking mental

by Anonymousreply 301December 20, 2018 6:13 PM

R301 Right on cue, troll. Mental bla bla bla frau bla bla bla. You just gave yourself away as the SpazPurvMuso troll because you forgot that you're also pretending to be 'Chrissy Metz' spewing the same hate language upthread.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 302December 20, 2018 6:23 PM

R300 Oh dear. Someone needs their meds.

by Anonymousreply 303December 20, 2018 6:23 PM

Our troll can't even keep her multiple personalities straight, anymore. This is why we have institutions.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 304December 20, 2018 6:32 PM

Related: Homophobic Hollywood tried its best to fuck her over but Ellen Degeneres proved that audiences still loved her.

[quote]As to what helped DeGeneres muster up the courage to reveal her truth, she references a dream about a bird being locked in a cage and finally realizing it has the ability to set itself free.

[quote]"I had a great life, a successful sitcom, fame, money, and everything that I thought that was important, but I was hiding a part of myself."

[quote]I learned that the truth will always win. Everyone’s scared of something. But it’s not until you’ve faced that fear head-on that you realize your power."

[quote]"We all want to feel good about ourselves and proud of who we are."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 305December 20, 2018 7:44 PM

FFS don’t engage trolls, just block them and move on.

by Anonymousreply 306December 20, 2018 10:50 PM

Interesting like by SH on IG ... one might think he wishes the comment could be his own... maybe one day...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 307December 20, 2018 11:19 PM

[quote]Interesting like by SH on IG ... one might think he wishes the comment could be his own... maybe one day..

Yes, very interesting like......and pic.

And Sam's close friends like Cait and Steven Cree, know THE TRUTH. Too bad that many of his fans don't accept Sam's real self and choose to be fooled by PR stunts, beardings and ridiculous conspiracies.

As we've always said in these 43 threads, Sam being gay is the ONLY scenario that explains EVERYTHING and makes sense.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 308December 21, 2018 12:30 AM

Maybe he's just a cross dresser? Some straight guys are cross dressers too, just as some gay guys are very masculine. It's not always black and white.

by Anonymousreply 309December 21, 2018 10:07 AM

[quote] In case “Sam likes cock” wasn’t clear to everyone.

[quote]"Sam was thinking about cock when everyone else was praising Cree's dance moves in this FB post that sent the prissy fantards into Church Lady mode and caused Heughan to later delete his comments..."

Since it isn't clear enough for R309....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 310December 21, 2018 2:34 PM

[quote]Some straight guys are cross dressers too

Yes, for example, Barry Humphries/a.k.a. Dame Edna, but straight guys also have long-term relationships with women. We'll repeat this since R309 didn't get it the first time....

[quote]Barry Humphries' Wives: Lizzie Spender m. 1990, Diane Millstead m. 1979–1989, Rosalind Tong m. 1959–1970, Brenda Wright m. 1955–1957

[quote]Barry Humphries' Children: Oscar Humphries, Tessa Humphries, Rupert Humphries, Emily Humphries

[quote]Sam Heughan's Wives: 0

[quote]Sam Heughan's Children: 0

by Anonymousreply 311December 21, 2018 3:52 PM

310 & 311, Steven Cree is the biggest piss taker so take him with a pinch of salt. And Barry Humphreys is the best you've got? Seriously, no one knows for sure it's all guess work. So stop with the patronising ' in case I don't get it' posts. I'm not a troll I just think Sam has a very feminine side but I don't get gay. IMO I see transvetite or crossdresser others see gay, some neither, so we can agree to differ. Unless someone can give actual evidence not gossip or hearsay.

by Anonymousreply 312December 21, 2018 6:15 PM

R312, you know that Sam is gay but you just don't want to accept it, so you keep coming to these threads over and over again, grasping at straws and making lame excuses. You keep saying that you 'don't care if he's gay' but it's obvious that you do.

'Actual evidence'? What do you want? A sex tape of Sam with another guy??? He is in the closet and wants to be a movie star!

There are 43 threads in DL about Sam being gay with enough facts, info, pics, tweets......

We've seen his male friends (boyfriends) go dark on SM, we've seen him engage in laughably fake relationships with his co-star, friends and beards , if after all the gay scrubbing, the PR stunts, the PR shills trying to derail these threads...... you still don't get that Sam is gay, you should buy a new gaydar and go back to tumblr.

by Anonymousreply 313December 21, 2018 7:14 PM

313, feel better now? Not on Tumblr. But would love Sam to be gay I really would as he's got terrible taste in blondes. But time will tell. I only hope that if he is gay he picks a really cute guy.

by Anonymousreply 314December 21, 2018 7:25 PM

[quote]Unless someone can give actual evidence not gossip or hearsay.

Then, what are you doing on a gossip site, dumbass? We're not exchanging DNA samples, here.

by Anonymousreply 315December 21, 2018 7:56 PM

315, charming ! Can't be arsed. Hopefully not all gay guys are as nasty as some on here. Dumbass, troll, bitch? Whatever. DL used to be a fun read but not so much now. A different opinion is definitely a No, no.

by Anonymousreply 316December 21, 2018 8:23 PM

[quote]And Barry Humphreys is the best you've got?

R312/R315 If you want to be treated with respect then stop acting like a moron. Barry Humphries (learn to spell) is a very visible and out example of a straight guy who cross dresses. He's a huge buster of the "all cross dressers are gay" stereotype. Only a complete moron -- or a troll -- would deny this.

by Anonymousreply 317December 21, 2018 8:27 PM

**R316 (not R315)

by Anonymousreply 318December 21, 2018 8:29 PM

317, I don't expect to be treated with respect on this site. But having a different opinion even on this gay gossip site I thought might keep the threads from being so repetitive. My apologies I was mistaken. Just lots of name calling so you win, I'm off, the ones who shout the loudest and insult the best have won yet again.

by Anonymousreply 319December 21, 2018 8:58 PM

r313. Perfect summary.

We are not here to prove Sam Heughan is gay.

Darling at r315 you know why? Because we know that Sam Heughan is gay.

You can deliver nothing. Because there is nothing to deliver

by Anonymousreply 320December 21, 2018 9:03 PM

[quote]I'm off, the ones who shout the loudest and insult the best have won yet again.

R319 Oh, please. You're "off" not because you can't take the salty language but because you're a troll who's been busted. You have no argument and nothing to contribute and you got called on it.

by Anonymousreply 321December 21, 2018 9:07 PM

321, You're delusional. I'm off because I've got paint to watch drying.

by Anonymousreply 322December 21, 2018 9:13 PM

r321. Many times.

And there are possibly lots of paint to be watched drying outside DL.

by Anonymousreply 323December 21, 2018 9:52 PM

I wonder if Sam reads here since it’s been said so often on these threads that the Jamie character is a unicorn. He calls Jamie a unicorn of men instead of the king of men in this interview.

Hi Sam, join the conversation😘🦄

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 324December 22, 2018 1:28 AM

yes, unicorn is such an unusual word and it is the national Animal of Scotland but I'm sure he said it because of DL.......eyeroll

by Anonymousreply 325December 22, 2018 2:26 AM

Who cares where he got the idea, bitches? The fact is, we agree. Jamie Fraser is a fanfic unicorn dreamed up by a frustrated housewife obsessed with a Dr. Who character.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 326December 22, 2018 6:44 AM

He’s definitely taking the piss out of Babbeldon’s writing by saying that. Being sarcastic too.

by Anonymousreply 327December 22, 2018 6:45 AM

Sam is still working in Hungary. And singing....:)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 328December 22, 2018 6:48 PM

It's a wrap in Hungary. No more drag shows in Budapest for him

by Anonymousreply 329December 23, 2018 12:33 PM

This would be GREAT......;)

[quote]Well, Sam started his innuendo. Graham is going to spend New Year with some "highlanders" and Sam liked the post.

[quote]Cool, a bunch of highlanders and their kilts wearing nothing underneath singing jingle bells and happy New Year drunk together. Sounds like the kind of party he may enjoy. Imagine if DL was right all along and the real couple is Duncan and Sam. They could attend together Cait’s wedding.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 330December 23, 2018 6:25 PM

R316 Honey, there are zero gay men on this thread, is all nasty frau bitching, nothing to do with us

by Anonymousreply 331December 24, 2018 4:39 AM

Frau bla bla bla, nazi bla bla bla. Who are we pretending to be this time, R331? The Ghost of Chrissy Metz Past?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 332December 24, 2018 5:05 AM

Merry gay xmas bitches

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 333December 25, 2018 10:27 AM

[quote]Merry gay xmas bitches

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 334December 25, 2018 8:30 PM

Wow, the nazi really is totally mental. And thinks she owns this thread. Time for mass f and f

by Anonymousreply 335December 25, 2018 8:49 PM

r333. Great post darling! Thank you. And merry christmas

by Anonymousreply 336December 25, 2018 11:15 PM

R336 YW and thank you R334. Sam is finally taking some time off it seems.

by Anonymousreply 337December 26, 2018 11:46 AM

R269 Cree dabbled at the academy

by Anonymousreply 338December 26, 2018 3:59 PM

[quote]Sam is finally taking some time off it seems.

And liking some William Shatner's post about whisky.

Why Sam is still 'friends' with this mysogynistic and homophobic old troll?? To promote his new brand?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 339December 26, 2018 8:20 PM

Sighting of Sam at Queen Street in Glasgow, December 28th.

"One thing I love most about my countrymen and women in Scotland is how down to earth we tend to be. No finer example than this, global Scottish superstar @samheughan taking public transport on a damp Friday morning in Glasgow. A truly remarkable gentleman"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 340December 28, 2018 3:27 PM

[quote]If only someone had some goss on Duncan and SH. I would so love it if they were together.

[quote] Probably they are. DLC moving to Glasgow, joining EDA gym and leaving SM. Never heard anything. No interaction on SM, even Duncan's character Murthag survived and will probaly seen as Murthag in the next episode.

R340 Looks like Sam was at the train station today .....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 341December 28, 2018 11:33 PM

R341 And Duncan Lacroix, too.

Today it's Duncan's birthday.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 342December 28, 2018 11:35 PM

Graham McTavish has been on IG from NZ talking about getting in whisky supplies for New Year for a 'certain couple of visiting fellow Highlanders', and DLC says he's going to NZ (back on SM -#Duncan.Lacroix). Maybe SH is the other one - or maybe not, and he will be chilling out climbing a couple of hundred mountains somewhere else.

by Anonymousreply 343December 29, 2018 2:27 AM

I read on another (non-Tumblr) blog that SH was going to NZ for NYE but would be in LA right after (Jan. 3) - FWIW. So … yeah. As to SH's NYE plans, see r234.

by Anonymousreply 344December 29, 2018 2:38 AM

[quote]SH was going to NZ for NYE but would be in LA right after (Jan. 3) -

They said that because Sam was supposed to be in LA early January for a Live with Ryan and Kelly but I believe it’s a repeat. The tickets for new season go on sale Jan 7.

by Anonymousreply 345December 29, 2018 3:38 AM

[quote]Graham McTavish has been on IG from NZ talking about getting in whisky supplies for New Year for a 'certain couple of visiting fellow Highlanders', and DLC says he's going to NZ......Maybe SH is the other one

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 346December 29, 2018 3:51 AM

So Duncan and Sam at train station together hmm. Why is Sam taking public transport these past few days as announced by 2 fan pictures? What’s the scam?

by Anonymousreply 347December 29, 2018 5:53 AM

Maybe he simply doesn't want to take an uber all the time. In Scotland people generally behave a bit more down to earth and less hysterical than the average Gabaldon cultist in the US....

It would be nice to see if Duncan and him are really both heading for NZ.....great finds with the train station photo's en Graham's photo!

by Anonymousreply 348December 29, 2018 8:41 AM

He went out and bought himself a motorbike.

by Anonymousreply 349December 29, 2018 2:07 PM

R349, yes. A few weeks ago, Sam said in a Q & A that he was going to buy himself a motorbike.

And today, Sam has posted this in his IG stories:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 350December 29, 2018 6:11 PM

And the shippers think the photo was taken at Caits place. (Insert eye roll). Duncan confirmed he was going to NZ on his IG. I don’t know about Kelly and Ryan. It films in NYC and the guide claims its first run. I don’t know.

by Anonymousreply 351December 29, 2018 6:27 PM

[quote]Sam said in a Q & A that he was going to buy himself a motorbike.

Pretty sure the motorbike has 'bought' itself. #productplacement

by Anonymousreply 352December 29, 2018 6:43 PM

[quote]Graham McTavish has been on IG from NZ talking about getting in whisky supplies for New Year for a 'certain couple of visiting fellow Highlanders', and DLC says he's going to NZ......Maybe SH is the other one.

Because closeted actors can't be seen together on a major holiday without beards or a straight merkin like McTavish hosting them.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 353December 29, 2018 7:56 PM

[quote]He went out and bought himself a motorbike.

[quote]Yep. A few weeks ago, Sam said in a Q & A that he was going to buy himself a motorbike.

I've found the post. Sams Q&A on his IG stories 9 December 2018:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 354December 30, 2018 12:31 AM

R352 my thought exactly

by Anonymousreply 355December 30, 2018 3:52 AM

Sam deserves to be praised. He's carrying the season on his shoulders.

Why he isn't nominated for a GG -but Cait Balfe is, year after year- is beyond me.....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 356December 30, 2018 5:30 PM

r356 He has been carrying this whole season, and playing a major part in carrying the show as a whole from the start, and without any professional recognition. Indeed sometimes RDM and company have been downright dismissive of him. In some ways it's a pity he doesn't get away from OL into something where he can shine without the overrated Balfe dominating the stage. The Hetero action man avenue doesn't seem likely to get him much acting scope, though, even if it can make him a lot of money.

by Anonymousreply 357December 30, 2018 6:16 PM

I actually think she is overrated. But Jamie? Poor Jamie? No recognition AT ALL?

by Anonymousreply 358December 30, 2018 8:36 PM

He really is the heart of the series. I can only think it is because he is “dark?” the gay bearding manouvres or perceived the wrong way?

by Anonymousreply 359December 30, 2018 8:42 PM

He really looks aged in this season. But yet... his best season is long past. So If he hasnt been nominated yet I dont expect him win any in the future

by Anonymousreply 360December 30, 2018 8:43 PM

you do know that they have purposely aged him since he is now older.

by Anonymousreply 361December 30, 2018 11:32 PM

They also purposely added those clown bangs.

by Anonymousreply 362December 31, 2018 12:33 AM

R361 oh i didnt know that. his skin looks too wrinkled. Lost a lot of charm

by Anonymousreply 363December 31, 2018 2:30 AM

[quote]He has been carrying this whole season, and playing a major part in carrying the show as a whole from the start, and without any professional recognition

[quote]He really is the heart of the series. I can only think it is because he is “dark?” the gay bearding manouvres or perceived the wrong way?

[quote]I actually think she is overrated. But Jamie? Poor Jamie? No recognition AT ALL?

Totally overrated.

After Sam's great acting in 4-09, look who's getting all the recognition........ Balfe and Sophie Skelton.

[quote]HarpersBazaar.-"Balfe and Skelton’s performances are chilling",

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 364December 31, 2018 2:55 AM

R364 sophie really? I am beggining to think that being GAY - no doubt has made his career no favours. And most know at least about his bearding. I accept he is no Tobias Menzies but... he is no worse than other nominees.

by Anonymousreply 365December 31, 2018 3:21 AM

His lack of recognition evidences that bearding seriously damages a career. But what can he do - I have seen few actors THAT GAY- He is the epithome of modern gayness in the closet. And look he cannot be himself publicly and no career awards.

by Anonymousreply 366December 31, 2018 3:24 AM

I wonder what he will do in the future. He surely cannot go the marriage+kids route with a woman. It would be too far from him. He will have to come out eventually and then bye career? Must be a tough decision.

by Anonymousreply 367December 31, 2018 3:40 AM

He’s his own worst enemy.

by Anonymousreply 368December 31, 2018 4:36 AM

Well, midnight is only a couple of hours away in my neck of the woods, so Happy New Year to all DLers. It has been an 'interesting' year but we are still here. Have a great time. And may SH have a bit of a break too wherever he is, away from attention-hogging co-stars, unappreciative and suppressing show-runners, HW homophobia and all it entails, PR games and innuendos (these will start up again soon enough, often at his own instigation). May he be with a great guy - perhaps they could work their way through The Perfumed Garden - most positions adaptable to both gay and straight (not saying how I know this, but it is so). See you next year!

by Anonymousreply 369December 31, 2018 6:21 AM

R368 Poor man. Such good actor supressed. Practically runs the show sincs there are no other characters like Tobias. And he is trapped in a lie. Hopefully 2019 will not bring more bearding

by Anonymousreply 370December 31, 2018 8:02 AM

I agree with many of the above but he can still make a different decision. He can come out if he wants to.

Liking this photo of young Sam

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 371December 31, 2018 9:20 AM

R371 it would have to be +50, before that he could still audition to Bomd roles or romcoms. But what could he do with his love life in the meantime, is the question. Singledad like Ronaldo?

by Anonymousreply 372December 31, 2018 11:39 AM

Happy New Year everyone. I'm a SamDunc shipper... i'm posting the new year greetings from Duncan and Graham in NZ -- and deciding to imagine that the voice (of the person filming the greeting) that cuts in towards the end is SH's! never posted a link before so it might not work..

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 373December 31, 2018 12:22 PM

nope that didn't work... try this

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 374December 31, 2018 12:25 PM

fuck me old boots that didn't work either... try this!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 375December 31, 2018 12:29 PM

[R374] can anyone else do the link please from graham mctavish's instagram? I'm obviously incapable...

by Anonymousreply 376December 31, 2018 12:41 PM

r373 Damn, Mctavish has posted a photo on his twitter account of himself, DLC and a guy called Paul Kavanagh (sorry, don't know how to link it) so looks like SH is somewhere else (or he could be avoiding the camera if he is indeed in NZ). Kavanagh wrote This Guest of Summer, the film marking McTavish's directorial debut, with DLC being one of the stars of the film. Wherever SH is, let's hope he's having fun.

by Anonymousreply 377December 31, 2018 1:06 PM

Hopefully this works

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 378December 31, 2018 1:09 PM

R373 as much as I would like it to be, I don't think it's Sam's voice

by Anonymousreply 379December 31, 2018 1:11 PM

It seems that Sam is staying in Glasgow for NYE,

He has posted this IG story from his gym..

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 380December 31, 2018 4:07 PM

Seems it is Paul Kavanagh, author of This Guest of Summer. See McTavish's twitter.

by Anonymousreply 381December 31, 2018 6:34 PM

R380 right, why would you take an ard or take a day off after being away from home for at least half a year. Someone doesn't want to be confronted with himself it seems.

by Anonymousreply 382December 31, 2018 7:23 PM

ARD shmard! The gym is ripe for hookups.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 383December 31, 2018 8:58 PM

R383 that was funny- that pic is hilarious! True about the gym

by Anonymousreply 384December 31, 2018 10:29 PM

Happy New Year, DLers!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 385January 1, 2019 2:25 AM

R383 yes who knows how he spent his time in the gym besides rowing.....

R385 happy new year

by Anonymousreply 386January 1, 2019 8:38 AM

A happy new year to all of you. Sam also appreciates us...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 387January 1, 2019 1:35 PM

Well, he does think gays are “camp and fun”

by Anonymousreply 388January 1, 2019 4:49 PM

[quote]Well, he does think gays are “camp and fun”

Camp and fun like this? ;)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 389January 1, 2019 8:09 PM

Just watched the last episode. Poor man, he is forced to act aged, on full make-up, most unflattering clothes nor wig? Plus he is given few words to say. Claire steals his show. He owned it in Season 1 but the decline is obvious

by Anonymousreply 390January 1, 2019 8:14 PM

SH is carrying S4, despite its sometimes abysmal writing, plot changes and tangents, although things improved in 409. Balfe, while being hyped as the lead, the focus, the star, has often seemed to phone it in, although she certainly has had some fine moments (hardly GG nom worthy though). Starz does not seem to value SH and now seems to be trying to have Rankin as the male 'lead', and praising everyone, even peripheral Menzies, rather than SH. It is to SH's credit that he soldiers on and turns in wonderful acting when he gets the chance. Pity he can't get some good roles and move on from OL - meanwhile it's the closet indefinitely.

by Anonymousreply 391January 1, 2019 9:26 PM

He is in the closet - what seems a huge sacrifice- for little in return, thats for sure. Rankin has to be among thr worst actors of his generation. Walks like a duck. There is something truly clown-like about how he always appears lost and unable to process information.

by Anonymousreply 392January 1, 2019 10:14 PM

R392 At least Rik is not in the closet

I know people think season 4 is a good one but from what I have seen it's boring and the acting of most( except Ed Speleers, Sam and Duncan) is pretty bad. esp. Bree. I would be suprised if season 6 is happening still. It's been downhill since S1(which is not even a surprise since the story is quite sick). There are so many better series with better stories out there. The only upside for our gay closeted actor Sam must be the do

by Anonymousreply 393January 2, 2019 11:05 AM

The Outlander upside for Sam apart from regular work, getting jobs for mates on the show, working at home etc is the publicity he’s able to generate for side projects like MPC and charities he supports. He has a rabid fan base throwing money at him. Less OL screen time also equates to more time for movies. He’s off the grid a lot too, so I suspect able to live his true life privately. I have to agree the show is going downhill rapidly, his performance alone is holding it together, Balfe seems to have been replaced by a robot suffering from depression. S6 is a long shot now.

by Anonymousreply 394January 2, 2019 11:29 AM

SH’s reaction when he met his daughter in latest episode was impressive and very moving. He totally nailed that scene.

by Anonymousreply 395January 2, 2019 11:59 AM

This wold be the perfect way for Sam to start a new year.

how is Sam really spending this holidays........ [see R383, R384, R386....]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 396January 2, 2019 2:25 PM

New fan pics of Sam Heughan today in London at a Ramen Restaurant. [January 2, 2019]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 397January 2, 2019 6:58 PM

Why are fan pics with him always perfect pars? Why do all these fans with pics never mention who he’s with? Why doesn’t anybody ever just take a candid pic of him? They all just say” look who I ran into!’ Are these pics mostly set up by his PR or does he constantly just walk around dressed for pics wearing a baseball hat?

by Anonymousreply 398January 2, 2019 8:05 PM

why would they mention who he is with? they don't care. all they care about is that they got a pic with Sam. you think he only wears a baseball hat for photos?

by Anonymousreply 399January 2, 2019 8:25 PM

[quote]Are these pics mostly set up by his PR or does he constantly just walk around dressed for pics wearing a baseball hat?

Sam's agent offices are just 5 blocks away from that restaurant.

by Anonymousreply 400January 2, 2019 8:56 PM

R398 Exactly. He's $hilling whatever is on the hat and the restaurant.

by Anonymousreply 401January 2, 2019 8:58 PM

R398 When we want you to see a "candid" shot of Sam Heughan and his assigned beard, we'll hire proper paparazzi with long telephoto lenses and have the pics posted on Just Jared. Everybody wins!

by Anonymousreply 402January 2, 2019 9:14 PM

RELATED: From “Love, Simon” to “Boy Erased,” 2018 saw an unprecedented bounty of high-profile LGBTQ films —many of which are up for awards, but...

[quote]...no openly gay actor has ever won the Oscar for Best Actor.

This needs to change.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 403January 2, 2019 9:29 PM

Considering that the entire movie industry runs on gay talent, it’s criminal.

by Anonymousreply 404January 2, 2019 11:15 PM

true, you look at Sam and he could be a poster man for gay rights but has to exist like in the Middle Ages closeted!

by Anonymousreply 405January 2, 2019 11:34 PM

R393 Rik is supposedly dating his co-star Bree the daughter. That sounds as suspicious as Sam and Balfe. Another suspect is Fergus adult- in real life he likes the femenine clothes- that femaleish fashion style that many gay men adopt or they are just being french and sophisticated.

by Anonymousreply 406January 3, 2019 12:01 AM

Oh dear, back to rape as a storyline.

And can you frau mentals stop talking about gay films or gay culture or gay anything, you are straight women, your opinions are worth zip here

by Anonymousreply 407January 3, 2019 12:07 AM

Yes, where are the candid photos of Sam? Always Sam and a fan. No fan talks.

by Anonymousreply 408January 3, 2019 12:25 AM

R407, you are the only homophobic and misogynistic troll here. Who do you think you're fooling? xd

Actual GAY men would never try to stop these discussions about an obvious GAY man like Heughan in DL. NEVER.

Only PR shills and the homophobic Outlander stans would do something like that.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 409January 3, 2019 12:31 AM

Exactly

by Anonymousreply 410January 3, 2019 12:53 AM

R407 I'm pretty sure a gay board is THE place to discuss gay films, gay culture, gay anything. So why don't you fuck off back to Tumblr.

by Anonymousreply 411January 3, 2019 2:27 AM

R406 well at least John Bell does not seem to be trying to hide anything Rik seems a bit old for Sophie but I don't know anything about the OL gossip

by Anonymousreply 412January 3, 2019 7:57 AM

Sophie Skelton and Rik Rankin? The girl can barely stand him. PR push for publicity only

by Anonymousreply 413January 3, 2019 12:32 PM

R406 From what I understand Rik is dating someone and Sophie is dating someone but not each other. I think there’s a photo of Sophie’s beau on her IG. However, it doesn’t surprise me that Starz would be push them as the next power couple. Shades of Sam/Cait anyone?

by Anonymousreply 414January 3, 2019 2:01 PM

R414 It's a very different situation, IMO,

Richard is not gay, he doesn't need a beard like Sam does. Richard has a real gf and Sophie has a hot bf.

Starz may be pushing Rik/Sophie as the main 'couple' in the show since probably, Sam and Cait will have less screen time in seasons 5 and 6.

by Anonymousreply 415January 3, 2019 4:59 PM

Fuck you mental cunts have zero lives, and I revel in how pathethic you cunts are to stink up a gay message board with your stupid cunt fantasies. Especially the fat nazi cunt.

You loathsome bitches

by Anonymousreply 416January 3, 2019 5:09 PM

^ LOL someone needs to chill out.

by Anonymousreply 417January 3, 2019 5:25 PM

Did the on-duty nurse forget to give SpazPurvMuso Troll her meds? She's having another meltdown. Please do so immediately and tighten her straitjacket.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 418January 3, 2019 6:47 PM

Related: Fuck you, Homophobic Hollywood, perpetuators of gay shame, oppression and exploitation. The world is changing and LGBTQ people demand respectful and authentic representation. You can't hide your heads up your 20th century asses any longer...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 419January 3, 2019 7:36 PM

R415 less screentime and much less chemistry....it seems to be all gone. They are not close friends the way they used to be. Maybe in 2019 he will come out again, one can only hope.

by Anonymousreply 420January 3, 2019 7:38 PM

R419 this is fantastic! thank you for sharing. I'm still dreaming of a future where words as gay, hetero, lesbian, LGBT etc. won't even exist. We create the great divides with words not with emotions or feelings, we live in a sick society and yes I am an idealist.

by Anonymousreply 421January 3, 2019 7:41 PM

I feel sorry for anyone who's still watching Gilligan's Rapelander. Maybe if they'd spent more money on decent writers and less on RDM's wife and her massive S2 costume budget with those silly, too-short dresses (you'd never expose a woman's ankles in the 18th century), the show would be less of a laughingstock. We saw production values plummet after her excesses and now she's bolting after hubby who got the fuck outta there when it was clear there were no major awards to be had.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 422January 3, 2019 8:14 PM

S2 had to show opulence. Simple as that. Budgetary reasons dont explain the lack of “life” and chemistry of the S4. Nothing was working until episodes 8 and 9. In fact it is the worst of the seasons-according to metacritic. Even the opening theme is awful now. I think it was a mistake on Balfe to announce her engagement. the chemistry is gone. Less believable as a couple. Still, she plays her cards well because she gets noms and Sam stays at the gym

by Anonymousreply 423January 3, 2019 11:02 PM

[quote]Still, she plays her cards well because she gets noms and Sam stays at the gym.

It's unfair and I can't believe that she may be a GG winner next Sunday.

[quote]I think it was a mistake on Balfe to announce her engagement. the chemistry is gone. Less believable as a couple.

But Cait has been dating her fiance Tony McGill, since Outlander started, 4 years ago and that didn't hurt the chemistry. And Cait's boyfriend knows very well that Sam is 'harmless'....;)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 424January 4, 2019 12:48 AM

R415 Yes! I totally agree. Different situation completely but I think Starz will push anything they think they can sell.

Thank you for articulating it better than I did. :-)

by Anonymousreply 425January 4, 2019 12:59 AM

Sophie and Rik seemingly are being groomed to be the new leads of OL, so there’s a push to get them more recognition now, sad that Starz are trying the couple route again. Heughan and Balfe will take a back seat and have more time off to persue other projects. If Starz pay any attention to feedback, they’ll see this isn’t the direction the fans want. S5 will go ahead, but I doubt they’ll be any viewers left for S6. The books go way off course as time goes on. Should’ve stopped at S3

by Anonymousreply 426January 4, 2019 9:11 AM

After S1 you mean.

Sam should've never gone back into the closet because of this ridiculous series.

by Anonymousreply 427January 4, 2019 11:19 AM

He must be bored.

Sam took an online personality test. January 4th 2019.

- MIND: 60% EXTRAVERTED

- ENERGY: 67% INTUITIVE

- NATURE: 64% FEELING (36% THINKING)

-TACTICS: 61% PROSPECTING

- IDENTITY: 51% TURBULENT

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 428January 4, 2019 6:39 PM

An online personality test...is he a teenage girl?

by Anonymousreply 429January 4, 2019 7:24 PM

Myers-Briggs is a not usually a test for "fun"test and can be seen as a personality indicator(sometimes used within teams professionally). Of course it depends on how serious you answer the questions. Sam seemed to doubt the outcome.... He is very much an introvert if you ask me. Result should be: closet 100%

enjoy the test ;)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 430January 4, 2019 7:37 PM

r430. Cool find. Thanks tried it. Very interesting in any ways. Kudos

by Anonymousreply 431January 4, 2019 8:05 PM

R431 you're very welcome, I had to take it myself once for work and like you I found it interesting too.

by Anonymousreply 432January 4, 2019 8:51 PM

So. One for the road.

Stolen from a tumblr, which is dedicated to the former TB.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 433January 4, 2019 11:24 PM

his next project Bloodshot looks good!

by Anonymousreply 434January 5, 2019 5:18 AM

R434 what are you talking about? no trailer has been released yet. Or did you read the comic? Personally I didn't like the way Sam looked for his role in the film, hair too dark and face to square...too bulked up. His suits fitted even worse than usual during promotion.

by Anonymousreply 435January 5, 2019 8:28 AM

No GG parties or PR fuckery for Sam. He has just posted this IG from London.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 436January 5, 2019 5:37 PM

Well imagine having to stay at home in Scotland for a few weeks.....

by Anonymousreply 437January 5, 2019 6:40 PM

Sam must be at loose ends tonight/this weekend. Have to feel sorry for the guy getting snubbed by the GGs as compared to the cold brittle performance that got his costar a GG nod. Not to mention Ric and Sophie are at WizardWorld in New Orleans and Duncan and Graham are living it up down under in NZ. Hopefully he has someone to lend a shoulder and a stiff drink. Kinda thought he might pop up at GGs to plug the show but think his IG story was his way of letting folks know he is still in England or Scotland.

by Anonymousreply 438January 5, 2019 6:49 PM

Sam posted an IG story that was taken in London. When? No idea. It could be a throwback or posted by his assistant. He could be anywhere. He’s worked hard over the past year. Hopefully he’s on a beach somewhere exotic and private living his best life with a good man.

by Anonymousreply 439January 5, 2019 7:27 PM

[quote] It could be a throwback

A homeless guy in Piccadilly Circus sure is a throwback. It's a throwback to when his father got evicted for doing the same.

[quote]Dave Heughan Hippie Squatter Evicted From Building In Piccadilly 22 Sep 1969

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 440January 5, 2019 8:01 PM

His father is supposedly the star genetics of the family, and the one who gave him his unique stunning looks. And for that photo he looks average.

by Anonymousreply 441January 5, 2019 8:07 PM

David Heughan with baby Sam and his brother, Cirdan…

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 442January 5, 2019 8:25 PM

Heughan made a bundle of ca$h shilling for products and helped a lot of middle-aged ladies with his fitness charity but he cheated himself and is craft. By hitching his wagon to Hollywood scum like Shatner (no friend of RDM since he killed off James T. Kirk,) and gay shame exploiters like publicist, Jennifer (showmane/fauxmance) Allen, he set himself up for failure after OL S1. In his big-screen spy movie (possibly engineered by Shatner), he phoned it in. You live by the sword, you die by the sword.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 443January 5, 2019 8:58 PM

LaCroix has a new fuckmobile for picking up hot guys...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 444January 6, 2019 4:35 AM

R444 and poor Sam will miss out on all the fun. He did like Duncan's post and commented though. According to the shamzies this would mean it's true love;)

by Anonymousreply 445January 6, 2019 8:00 AM

Could be still in London for Barbour’s 125th anniversary fashion show. It’s tomorrow. .

by Anonymousreply 446January 6, 2019 1:11 PM

Sam keeps loving theatre. I hope he comes back to the stage soon.

Sam IG story today from London. 6th January 2019.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 447January 6, 2019 3:11 PM

Definitely not before the filming of the new OL season is done. Plus last summer he said he wants to be a movie star.......

by Anonymousreply 448January 6, 2019 8:10 PM

Duncan said he’s looking for a Mrs.

by Anonymousreply 449January 6, 2019 9:11 PM

[quote]Duncan said he’s looking for a Mrs.

Wentworth Miller also said that he was 'eager to have a wife'.......xd

From The Advocate: "15 Celebs That Denied Being LGBT Before Coming Out" 2017/08/31.

[quote]"The closet served as home to many a celebrity through the years but it can't contain everyone forever. These celebrities at one point in their career, denied rumors they were LGBT, then came out to live their lives openly"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 450January 6, 2019 9:55 PM

[quote]Hanging out under the mistletoe in search of a kiwi bride so I can retire in NZ!

That's a reference to McTavish, whose wife is from NZ where they now live.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 451January 6, 2019 10:21 PM

A Scottish actor wins best actor in a TV drama at the GG.

This could be you, Sam.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 452January 7, 2019 1:15 AM

The new season of Outlander was bloody excellent, you poor sad cunts must be ropable HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

by Anonymousreply 453January 7, 2019 1:19 AM

[quote]The new season of Outlander was bloody excellent

LOL Clearly, watching Rapelander addles the brain.

by Anonymousreply 454January 7, 2019 3:20 AM

well sam has lost it as Jamie, for some reason i dont find him as goodlooking. Clearly beauty is only skin depth and when it wears off, there is little. Sam is nice but also doesnt come across someone interesting nor particularly smart.

by Anonymousreply 455January 7, 2019 3:44 AM

R455 not being yourself is always bad branding and bad marketing. I also feel that if he's tired of OL he should quit. Do what you love, be yourself and you will shine. R452 Madden is great and ideed it could've been Sam and should've been Sam for S1 a few years ago.

by Anonymousreply 456January 7, 2019 7:24 AM

Outlander actors seem to be giving worse and worse performances. Richard Madden has my vote for the next James Bond.

by Anonymousreply 457January 7, 2019 12:54 PM

All the same complainers whining about how bad Sam and OL are. Why are you even here? Why are you even watching it? Since it has gotten so bad for you I guess you will be leaving this thread and will stop watching Sam and OL. Oh wait, you won't do that because then you couldn't whine and complain about it. The continuous circle. If you found something that made you happy you would be much better off.

by Anonymousreply 458January 7, 2019 2:55 PM

Don’t know what you are complainjng about. Plenty people seem to think he was great in S1.

He was out today on his motorbike it seems(IG story). Never a rest day.....

by Anonymousreply 459January 7, 2019 3:39 PM

r459 why do you think he was on his motorbike?

by Anonymousreply 460January 7, 2019 3:41 PM

I stick with OL for the time being as I like SH and my curiosity about his closeting has certainly been a good portal through which to see more clearly how traditionally homophobic the media industry is (society as a whole really is). SH is building his brand of which acting is one part of the pie.... he's smart enough to know he photographs fab as a model, I think he enjoys the charity, body lifestyle, ambassador, coach, good vibe Peaker stuff and can make a great business out of that, he does come across as a genuine gym buddy. I think his acting range is limited - but picked with care, he can sell the light weight action man/ matinee idol thing, but I don't think currently he carries much gravitas as an actor -- ( richard madden who is way younger too is on a whole different level. ) SH isn't pursuing interesting character defying indie pics or theatre in between OL that could redefine and extend his range of how people see him as an actor - he's gone for the brand and the buck and it always looks like he loves being idolised - good for him.... maybe he knows what he can do and what HE likes doing and is making the absolute best of it. This season OL though is frigging limp. S1&2 had the overall arc interest of the impending doom of Culloden. But hey, this thread is about SH, not OL.

by Anonymousreply 461January 7, 2019 4:07 PM

[quote]Since it has gotten so bad for you I guess you will be leaving this thread and will stop watching Sam and OL.

These threads are not a fansite. They are about Sam, his obvious gayness, his closeting, his work.....If you don't like it, go back to your tumblr.

I've already said that Sam is carrying this season on his shoulders. Right now, he is the soul of Outlander and he deserves more recognition. Oh, and that he pings to high heaven and there's nothing wrong with that .

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 462January 7, 2019 4:34 PM

Sam is carrying this season, he’s been the best thing about it. He embodies Jamie in the Frontier. He’s had a couple of clunky scenes through the previous seasons and hasn’t always been on top acting form. When he’s put next to Richard Madden, he’s just not in the same league. RM could be the next bond, though I’d personally prefer Elba. Probably also why RM was cast as Robb Stark in GoT and Sam auditioned 7 times for nothing.

by Anonymousreply 463January 7, 2019 4:46 PM

According to his IG stories, it seems that Sam is still working on his movie.....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 464January 7, 2019 8:44 PM

R463 RM is Tom Cruise height. He is tiny

by Anonymousreply 465January 8, 2019 2:27 AM

R464 that or he just goes to the gym early. He’s been known to do that. How can anyone keep this schedule up for months and months? Not just the gym I mean. Is he on meds? Or self medicating?

R460 in the story he filmed a museum/manor/castle(something like that) and you could see a bike standing outside, he also filmed the view from the window.

by Anonymousreply 466January 8, 2019 4:37 AM

The facts are that Tom Cruise is 5'7" and Richard Madden is 5'10". IMO having a discussion about OL here is quite valid. After all it was the series that was behind the showmance, the fauxmance and the lies. Since season 3 and 4 have been flops I wonder if SH has any regrets.

by Anonymousreply 467January 8, 2019 5:05 AM

Sam.....lol

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 468January 8, 2019 5:55 PM

468 as Sam would say “yazzzzzzz”

What’s with his spelling anyway? Yasss vs Yazzz 🤷🏻‍♂️

by Anonymousreply 469January 8, 2019 7:13 PM

SH is once again liking Shatner on twitter - Shatner bullied some of SH's own shipper fans, ("don't feel safe, ladies"), after SH himself was one of the main promoters of the showmance that fooled them. And just ask George Takei about Shatner and homophobia. Pretty tone deaf, but sadly not surprising (virtual swipe over SH's head with latest copy of The Advocate).

by Anonymousreply 470January 8, 2019 8:01 PM

Related: Yasss!

[quote]“I started to see myself on them and have the yearning to be there… to represent my community as a Filipino man, as a young leading man, a gay man, and [asking] what if I could be up there and be myself?”

[quote]."...I can’t think of a Filipino romantic lead on a network television show who was played by a gay actor,” Rodriguez admits. “That’s something that I didn’t know was possible until Crazy Ex-Girlfriend happened.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 471January 8, 2019 8:45 PM

I am not aure in this case has anything to do with homophobia, but necause ALL of thr Outlander fans are women in their 50s that couldnt imagine a Jamie being gay. It is a different generation and Jaime is supposedly a very macho man.

by Anonymousreply 472January 9, 2019 2:08 PM

The samcait shippers can't stand the idea of Sam being gay so they are trying to convince themselves that Cait's fiance -Tony McGill is just her gay PA- because Sam and Cait are living a 'forbidden love story' (lol>>>>>>>>>>) and they are being 'forced' to hide it from the world (I wonder why...>)

The other side -the antis , Purvmuso and Co......- are probably being fed by Sam's PR team, so they have been pushing one FAKE gf after another, and supporting every ridiculous bearding and PR showmance. They refer to DL as a 'cesspool of lies' and they've tried to derail and close these threads many times. You know who they are ;)

R472, it's clearly HOMOPHOBIA.

by Anonymousreply 473January 9, 2019 4:39 PM

I think all the shippers are pretty young and naive. One was upset when she found out they were not actually having sex in the scenes.

by Anonymousreply 474January 9, 2019 10:21 PM

Google the “Just Make it a Double” blog to see delusional commentary vomited out in grandeur style.

by Anonymousreply 475January 9, 2019 11:15 PM

He is too gay and his beards the most obvious of all industry

by Anonymousreply 476January 10, 2019 1:49 AM

According to his IG he started filming again. Not for OL obviously. It's not Scotland I think.

The strange thing about the shippers is that they think CB is putting on a charade....not their beloved "Jamie" of course....

by Anonymousreply 477January 10, 2019 8:00 AM

R477 Today, Sam is filming SAS Red Notice in London. I remember an article where they said that Budapest, London and Paris were the filming locations for this movie.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 478January 10, 2019 12:47 PM

R474 I think it’s a mix of young and naive and middle age and delusional.

by Anonymousreply 479January 10, 2019 2:56 PM

I suppose there are many actors that are rumoured gay or bisexual for years and some are not. So they thibk Sam is one of those. However is the definition of GAY

by Anonymousreply 480January 10, 2019 10:39 PM

[quote]I think it’s a mix of young and naive and middle age and delusional.

In other words, intellectually challenged.

by Anonymousreply 481January 11, 2019 2:15 AM

I wouldn't say that the Outlander stans are intellectually challenged but deluded and in denial. I think that many of them suspect the truth but they don't want to accept it. To them, Sam 'is' Jamie and their adored 'King of Men' just 'can't be gay'.

They refuse to admit that Sam being gay is the ONLY scenario that makes sense and explains EVERYTHING.

[quote]However is the definition of GAY

My gaydar exploded when I saw this and I'm sure that many of those fans felt the same.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 482January 11, 2019 4:05 AM

Related: Time to man up and wear a dress, Heughan. You know you want to...

[quote]...it’s clear that celebrities feel more free than ever to embrace various aspects of their gender identities or to reject gender norms related to presentation. Discussing the potential criticism he might get for wearing dresses, Porter told the Times that he had no plans to stop wearing dresses. “I represent a challenge to the status quo,” he said. It’s a declaration that many people, regardless of gender or sexual identity, are now making on and off the red carpet.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 483January 11, 2019 4:30 AM

Cody....I liked him in AHS. Hope he'll return in the next season. Sam will never cross dress on the carpet, too introvert and to deep in the closet. It'll be all fake and phoney until his management can't get him any proper roles anymore but I can't guess if that'll take long....might not.

by Anonymousreply 484January 11, 2019 3:01 PM

Queer Eye's Jonathan Van Ness has just posted this comment on Sam's IG.

Sam has said that Queer Eye is one of his favorite TV shows.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 485January 11, 2019 7:53 PM

JVN is very in touch with his dress-wearing self, y'all.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 486January 11, 2019 8:04 PM

Sam has also mentioned he’s binged Queer Eye. JVN is his favorite, he’s said.

by Anonymousreply 487January 11, 2019 8:27 PM

[quote]Throughout my life many people were so mean, didn’t understand me, didn’t think I could succeed in my life, or my career. But there was one person who never ever gave up hope. That person is this power bitch you see right here, in her custom skirt that my dear friend @alibstyle helped create. This year found a whole new style that Allison helped me unlock, 2019 I’m ready for you.

JVN is truly a role model for finding his inner "power bitch." You go, gurrrrrl.

Heughan could take page out of that book.

by Anonymousreply 488January 11, 2019 8:52 PM

R485

No wonder why Jonathan is drooling over Sam......;)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 489January 12, 2019 12:41 AM

Ugh he is a beautiful man

by Anonymousreply 490January 12, 2019 4:59 AM

I know this is old news but here is a video of Sam’s old apartment in Glasgow.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 492January 12, 2019 5:35 AM

R492 old news? I don't even understand how people find out where people live.... Is the guy being stalked? So he doesn't live in the west end anymore?

by Anonymousreply 493January 12, 2019 10:48 AM

Sam lives in a flat in Glasgow when he's filming Outlander but 2 years ago he said in an interview that he had bought a home in the Glasgow countryside, where I think he leads what he wats : a very private life.

[quote]r485 Queer Eye's Jonathan Van Ness has just posted this comment on Sam's IG. Sam has said that Queer Eye is one of his favorite TV shows.

[quote]Sam has also mentioned he’s binged Queer Eye. JVN is his favorite, he’s said.

R489

[quote]R485.......No wonder why Jonathan is drooling over Sam......;)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 494January 12, 2019 3:09 PM

R492 I’m pretty sure Sam lives in London.

by Anonymousreply 495January 12, 2019 3:20 PM

R495 why do you think so?

by Anonymousreply 496January 12, 2019 3:50 PM

R495 No, not London, he bought Cait's old house in Glasgow's West End

by Anonymousreply 497January 12, 2019 4:02 PM

R497 still strange, his old house was spacious enough for one person already....Is CB's old house in a better locatian or even more spatious?

by Anonymousreply 498January 12, 2019 5:24 PM

R498 Sam was renting his flat in West End and moved out prior to filming The Spy Who Dumped Me. He did not buy Caits place. He’s been spending most of his time in London when he’s not working.

by Anonymousreply 499January 12, 2019 8:13 PM

IG story. Sams in Paris

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 500January 12, 2019 8:16 PM

R500, yes it seems that today, he has been filming SAS Red Notice: from St Pancras train station in London- Eurostar-Paris.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 501January 12, 2019 8:56 PM

R499 interesting since fan sightings are usually in Edinburgh or Glasgow and he still visits EDA now and then....so he is supposed to have a house in London and no place in Scotland at all?

by Anonymousreply 502January 13, 2019 8:40 AM

Please guys can you double check your facts before you post them here. It becomes boring if your post turns out to be untrue. "IMO" in a post give the readers here an idea of the veracity of the post.

by Anonymousreply 503January 13, 2019 5:52 PM

R503 If you’re looking for facts, you’ve come to the wrong place. This_is_a GOSSIP site!

by Anonymousreply 504January 13, 2019 6:34 PM

Learn to use the Internet, people. Geez.

[quote]I grew up in the South West, on old castle grounds that were also a working farm. That is an amazing area, but now I live in a region near Glasgow, which is a fantastic place to visit. There are beautiful munro peaks near by.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 505January 13, 2019 6:41 PM

Close to the Trossachs...I suppose.

Thank you R505

by Anonymousreply 506January 13, 2019 7:17 PM

R505. that's what I've been saying all this time. Thanks for the link. Sam himself saying that 'he is living in a fantastic region near Glasgow with beautiful munros near it'.

Menwhile it's a wrap for Sam in Paris.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 507January 13, 2019 7:22 PM

I have seen bits of the spy film and he is not as good as Jamie. They better sign for more seasons, and Diana finish the 8th and many more books or Sam career is back to dvd

by Anonymousreply 508January 13, 2019 10:39 PM

No more Outlander for Sam.

He just needs a good, intense role like Richard Madden in "Bodyguard".

by Anonymousreply 509January 13, 2019 10:57 PM

He looks so aged in OT S4 hard to imagine him young again. Also, the dynamics inside the series have evolved to a point where you want Jamie and Lord John to be together.

by Anonymousreply 510January 13, 2019 11:21 PM

According to Nielsen, the series has drop 50% viewers in the demographic 19-49

by Anonymousreply 511January 13, 2019 11:39 PM

My 17 year old granddaughter who was an OL obsessive has given up watching season 4 in disgust.

by Anonymousreply 512January 14, 2019 1:37 AM

[quote]Also, the dynamics inside the series have evolved to a point where you want Jamie and Lord John to be together.

If only.....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 513January 14, 2019 3:31 AM

Almost!

by Anonymousreply 514January 14, 2019 4:44 AM

Great episode, and again, I wish all you awful women get everything you deserve, dissing the Mans father, have you all no class or shame?

by Anonymousreply 515January 14, 2019 4:54 AM

You can stop shilling, now, SpazPurvMuso. Everyone knows Rapelander is circling the drain.

[quote] dissing the Mans father

Boo hoo hoo over a deadbeat dad who ditched his wife and young sons.

[quote]have you all no class or shame

Pottymouth SpazPurvMuso is lecturing us on class and shame. Her multiple aliases got redlined for hate speech and her sick Queer Enby threads got deleted because she cyberstalked and doxed a vulnerable, disabled trans family and their children, exposing them to ridicule and danger. POOF!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 516January 14, 2019 2:45 PM

Related: We loved it when Heughan was an openly gay actor playing gay roles. The controversy rages. Of course, "like-for-like casting can only inhibit the scope of acting in general." All we ask is that MORE openly gay actors are chosen for gay roles.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 517January 14, 2019 3:05 PM

[quote]He looks so aged in OT S4 hard to imagine him young again.

Jamie is now a grandfather so Sam needs to look older.

But last weekend, Sam looked great while filming the final scenes of Red Notice in Paris.

Sam in a leather jacket in Gay Paris....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 518January 14, 2019 4:45 PM

r517 Ben Whishaw was outstanding in a very English scandal. But I don’t think an actor’s sexual orientation should matter when being cast, or being employed for any position in any industry, discriminating positively or negatively isn’t the answer. Ending discrimination is the answer, best person for the job, personal sexuality should not in the list of criteria to be employed. Sam was cast, because he was the best Jamie, RDM etc must’ve known of his sexuality before casting him. It may have been suggested he closeted, legally he couldn’t have been forced to do so, he chose to and took the job. THis decision, we’ve talked about enough here in previous threads. His career is going well just now, he seems happy and upbeat, so it’s working for him.

by Anonymousreply 519January 14, 2019 5:13 PM

[quote]My 17 year old granddaughter who was an OL obsessive has given up watching season 4 in disgust.

in disgust of what?

by Anonymousreply 520January 14, 2019 7:20 PM

R520 Probably because he is out of the closet “ de facto” Gayness or boredom? S4 has become full of stereotypes, predictable, and boring. And the aged Jamie is not that atractive anymore and a bit naïve and stupid. In real life he was never as hot as young Jamie in Scotland. I honestly diubt he will make it in HB after Jamie. He was just a pretty face before that. Didnt made it to GOT.

by Anonymousreply 521January 14, 2019 7:33 PM

r521 so she watched the first three seasons when he was the same person and it was okay but this season she is disgusted?

by Anonymousreply 522January 14, 2019 10:47 PM

R522 i am 521 I was just guessing, not my relative

by Anonymousreply 523January 14, 2019 11:06 PM

I'm guess that the "disgust" is because it is bleedingly obvious that the cast and production crew are making no effort to make the show even remotely entertaining.

by Anonymousreply 524January 15, 2019 12:39 AM

Audience has dropped considerably. 50% 19-49 and 36% in others. So it is not only the relative

by Anonymousreply 525January 15, 2019 1:03 AM

Here's the link to the thread to talk about Outlander:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 526January 15, 2019 1:06 AM

R525 not surprised. S6 might not be happening like I predicted before....

by Anonymousreply 527January 15, 2019 1:38 AM

I agree. I think his career is doomed. There is a lot of good marketing coming from kids+marriage, or solid and reliable relationships. And he cannot provide that.

by Anonymousreply 528January 15, 2019 2:20 AM

Because he's gay????

by Anonymousreply 529January 15, 2019 3:04 AM

I think it is part of the problem in HB. If at least he came clean and married long term like Whishaw did, but he casts a shadow over his relationships by “bad bearding”. See it killed Hiddleston’s too

by Anonymousreply 530January 15, 2019 3:06 AM

R530 = Homophobic Gabaldon cultist

by Anonymousreply 531January 15, 2019 4:19 AM

Great photo of Sam in Paris

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 532January 15, 2019 5:19 AM

Cheers

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 533January 15, 2019 5:21 AM

Not so sure that his career is doomed r528. Sure, with OL he’s heading down a dead end. Particularly since the second half of S3, the scripts have sidelined and weakened the Jamie character and treated Sam as only beefcake. His fine acting (when he gets the chance) has never received promotional support from Starz for nomination and awards, and this isn’t going to change - they’re already Twitter-ising about an Emmy strategy for Rankin as the new de facto ‘lead’. To his credit Sam is still providing a great performance, and will do so as long as OL lasts, no matter how ridiculous it becomes. And OL does pay the bills and provide an obsessively loyal fan base who give him the idolization he seems to enjoy (or they will as long as he is not gay of course).

At the same time, he’s having some success in exploring a niche in action-movie franchises, and while his two latest movies aren't likely to be mega hits, they do get runs on the board and make him money. And he has those gorgeous looks that he can exploit.

In both the OL and action man arenas, he will see it as in his interest to keep playing the straight card. Balfe has made clear that the showmance avenue is finally closed, and he probably knows himself that he has to be far less amateurish about bearding, but the hetero image is his main game, and he seems fine with stressing his brand first, at least for now.

by Anonymousreply 534January 15, 2019 6:06 AM

What's all this blathering that Heughan should stay in the closet and maintain the HW status quo? Fuck that! The HW status quo is all about oppressing, exploiting and closeting gay actors. You bitches need to reread this Kit Harrington piece...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 535January 15, 2019 7:38 AM

Agree R535

by Anonymousreply 536January 15, 2019 8:42 AM

r535 If you are referring to the long-winded r534, you need to re-read it. It's not saying that he SHOULD stay in the closet but that he WILL, damn him. He should never have played the stinking HW game and let himself be pushed into the closet in the first place, but he did, and once JA got her claws into him it just intensified - one of the most vile things about all this HW oppression is that it is often gays conniving to keep down other gays for their own purposes, usually to make money. I hope she and her kind rot in hell. SH is having enough success so far to persuade himself that it's worth it. It's not, ever. Some are brave enough to break out of the closet but it doesn't seem that SH is another Luke Evans or Wentworth Miller. It would be great to be wrong.

by Anonymousreply 537January 15, 2019 12:00 PM

I think he accepted a role in OT from which is difficult to come out. We all agree it is the best thing, come out and enjoy a happy life, or at least more authentic. R530 it is not my faul the trapped himself into this situation. His career practically relies on his hetero life and it will not be there (How to handle wifey+kids unless an agreement with a lesbian friend) I dont see a career future for him. He could pull a Wishaw, awards and a happy gay married life ( out but privately) But he is an exquisite actor, a bit ugly too, and Sam relies too much on the appeal of his looks to middle aged women.

by Anonymousreply 538January 15, 2019 1:29 PM

Sam Heughan.- "Tour of Paris with Timothee Chalemet. (He wasn't available)"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 539January 15, 2019 4:20 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 540January 15, 2019 4:45 PM

Sam and Romann

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 541January 15, 2019 8:34 PM

Glad he looks young again!

by Anonymousreply 542January 15, 2019 10:23 PM

No he doesn't , he looks old. He's desperately trying to appeal to millenial audiences by associating himself with actors half his age on social media. It's so obviously PR-driven, courtesy of Jennifer Allen, his ham-handed publicist.

by Anonymousreply 543January 16, 2019 1:05 AM

I think he looks great....and that he likes Timothee Chalamet a lot.....;)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 544January 16, 2019 1:55 AM

So the PR damage control has started.....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 545January 16, 2019 2:18 AM

That makenxie makes me want to vomit! Look if you dont want to comeout, just dont date oficially. But she has to be the worst beard in HB and utterly disgusting. Is this all JA can arrange? Isnt Jennifer Anistoj out there single? Any other beards that busy? How about thr pretty and professional beard Olivia? Just anyone else really. Even his last pretended gf was better.

by Anonymousreply 546January 16, 2019 2:51 AM

Olivia munn

by Anonymousreply 547January 16, 2019 2:52 AM

We've been over this. There's no such thing as a good beard. It's a soul-eroding prison that makes liars out of everyone.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 548January 16, 2019 3:03 AM

The overplayed showmance backfired and the SM fauxmance did him no favors.

by Anonymousreply 549January 16, 2019 3:14 AM

MM following Romann makes her look like a crazy exgirlfriend stalking Sams account.

by Anonymousreply 550January 16, 2019 4:04 AM

Sam posted pics with Romann and he was in his ig Stories. That’s why she followed him. She is clearly in the US while Sam sticks around Paris. And Sam still likes her pics; they clearly had no bad breakup lol

by Anonymousreply 551January 16, 2019 4:09 AM

R551 They would need to be an actual couple in order to have a breakup. Sam and MM are simply platonic friends who exploited the media and his fans into believing they were an item. They are still platonic friends and Sam is still gay.

by Anonymousreply 552January 16, 2019 4:45 AM

R552

Sam and Cait are platonic BUT close friends, who played up their chemistry together to sell the show and Sam's 'hetero' image.

I don't think Sam and MM were ever real friends. He looked stressed out being near her ("they're going to put me into box" "my private life is like living in a cave" " this whole PR week -with the beard, Sept 2017- has been a pantomime"............ It was totally a PR stunt and a SM FAUXmance.

Remember Sam's face -with the beard by his side- at the epic PR disaster in BAFTAS 2016.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 553January 16, 2019 5:20 AM

The look of a soul being crushed. Balfe got the nom and Heughan got sent down to the sunken place with his booby prize.

by Anonymousreply 554January 16, 2019 5:34 AM

TB riding on Sam's coat tails as usual.

by Anonymousreply 555January 16, 2019 7:25 AM

TB is just desperately seeking some attention. She has no job and now no famous ‘bf’. Still trolling though!

by Anonymousreply 556January 16, 2019 7:41 AM

R548 549 I agree

Am I the only one who finds it a bit yuck that Sam almost 40 is almost flirting online with Timothee age 23?

by Anonymousreply 557January 16, 2019 8:17 AM

r553 He looked like a zombie that night -- a zombie about to hurl at any moment. Dead, dead eyes. The "relationship" went downhill from there, culminating on the Red Carpet at last year's Vanity Fair Oscar Party when neither member of the happy couple would be photographed in the same frame as the other (they only had passes to pose on the carpet - in the last group, after even the C-listers had gone) They didn't even merit admission to the actual party! Yeah, that pairing did them both worlds of good: it convinced more people than before that Sam is gay; and TB's career as an actress netted zilch. She was reduced to the status of an internet Avon Lady shilling for a line of face lotions notorious for causing chemical burns, a stint as a camp counselor for starstruck teenagers, and extolling the virtues of "smart" tampons.

by Anonymousreply 558January 16, 2019 8:41 AM

R558 they didnt go to the party? Likely, They posed and webt separate ways? How pathetic, he should come out, what a gold prison he has built himself into. Really should try the Hiddleston route. A hot openly gay assistant and pretend it is his job.

by Anonymousreply 559January 16, 2019 3:24 PM

Jennifer Allen destroyed Hiddleston's career. Plain and simple.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 560January 16, 2019 3:30 PM

Have Timothee and Sam ever met?

by Anonymousreply 561January 16, 2019 7:00 PM

R561

If they haven't, they could meet now. Sam is back to London and Timothee is there.

From Nic Rasenti IG stories - 16th January 2019 #sam heughan #london gym

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 562January 16, 2019 7:51 PM

Uff, that would be a weird couple. Age difference but then I guess Sam has seen his film and wants some of it!

by Anonymousreply 563January 17, 2019 1:48 AM

r562 Nic Rasenti (married to a woman who loooves to post on IG) is a little pissant. He played one of the crew on the boat in OL S3. He and his wife were photographed with SH and TB in the notorious photo op during 2017 NYFW where SH was holding up a sign that said "epic fail." But have you SEEN Tom Hopper (also married to a woman)??? He is also mentioned in the Rasenti IG story. YOWZA!! He played Billy Bones in the criminally-underrated "Black Sails" on STARZ (no male in that show was looks-wise less than a "9"), and is in SH's movie that is currently shooting. Several other guys in that film are also tasty, to say the least!

by Anonymousreply 564January 17, 2019 5:41 AM

R563 the idea alone is yuckie....Timothee is practically a boy.

R564 yes the men are hot

by Anonymousreply 565January 17, 2019 8:23 AM

Sam and his gym buddies yesterday in London.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 566January 17, 2019 1:00 PM

r566 That's Rasenti on the left; Hopper next to SH.

by Anonymousreply 567January 17, 2019 5:42 PM

[quote]I think Sam looks great....and that he likes Timothee Chalamet a lot.....;)

Josh Horowitz wants to see Sam and Tim together in "Dune".

@joshuahorowitz Replying to @SamHeughan @RealChalamet Can someone photoshop Sam’s face on Sting’s body in DUNE please?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 568January 17, 2019 9:15 PM

R568 so not want to see him with little boys 🤢, prefer him out with a man

by Anonymousreply 569January 18, 2019 12:36 AM

Sam out with friends in London

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 570January 18, 2019 2:02 AM

R570 he looks much more relaxed than on all the "PR pics"

by Anonymousreply 571January 18, 2019 11:01 AM

r69 Also with that group of friends was Matt Neal, brother of Luke. Hmmm. Wonder who else was there...

by Anonymousreply 572January 18, 2019 2:36 PM

Good catch R69...didn’t even notice that he was in the comments. How long have Sam and Luke been together? It seems like he was around well before Sam started OL.

by Anonymousreply 573January 18, 2019 3:47 PM

R573 Sam lived in London for 10 years and likely became friends with them during that time. Pre Batman days. Maybe through Twist London.

by Anonymousreply 574January 18, 2019 7:24 PM

R572 R573

Yep.

The fact that Sam and Luke keep avoiding being photographed together -since Jennifer Allen was hired as Sam's publicist and the PR fuckery started- speaks volumes to me. I mean, during 3 years there have been many pics of Sam with his old good friends......but Luke is still MIA and his SM are still closed ;)

Before the PRfuckery, Luke was with Sam everywhere: trips, premieres, Outlander events, private parties.....

Cait and her fiance Tony; Sam and Luke at Outlander premiere party:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 575January 18, 2019 8:05 PM

When being an actor it doesn’t seem very smart to delete all your SM accounts. Less publicity. He must really love Sam....

by Anonymousreply 576January 19, 2019 3:59 PM

He's cute with the ginger hair, unremarkable as a brunet though.

Multiple twitter posts on Timmy threads in a week? Is he just thirsting after Chalamet or could he really be in consideration for a role in Dune?

by Anonymousreply 577January 19, 2019 10:38 PM

R567 he truly does, he said “my boy” about Sam in one old SM post. He seemed quite in love with him

by Anonymousreply 578January 20, 2019 3:05 AM

R578 He also defended Sam several times on social media.

Don’t be fooled- Sam and Luke are still very close, they’re just staying out of the public eye. With Sam spending so much time in London, I’d imagine he’s spending it with Luke.

by Anonymousreply 579January 20, 2019 3:15 AM

Let’s hope Sam does!!

by Anonymousreply 580January 20, 2019 10:36 AM

R572 R573 R575 R576 R578 R579

[quote]Before the PRfuckery, Luke was with Sam everywhere: trips, premieres, Outlander events, private parties....

[quote]he truly does, he said “my boy” about Sam in one old SM post. He seemed quite in love with him

[quote]He also defended Sam several times on social media. Don’t be fooled- Sam and Luke are still very close, they’re just staying out of the public eye. With Sam spending so much time in London, I’d imagine he’s spending it with Luke.

Luke defending his boy Sam on SM (a nice change from his FAKE 'gfs' behaviour ;))

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 581January 20, 2019 9:09 PM

R580 I have no doubt Sam is more enamoured of his own career.

by Anonymousreply 582January 20, 2019 10:59 PM

Thanks R581 it is telling....and still hardly any SM for Luke....

R582 hopefully not forever

by Anonymousreply 583January 21, 2019 4:59 AM

Related: British GQ tells homophobic Hollywood how to improve the Oscars...

[quote]Somebody just needed to google “Kevin Hart”

[quote]Let's just have a category for superhero films

[quote]nobody with a film brain would vote for the karaoke film of the year, an opportunity for one lucky man (Rami Malek) to sing his favourite Queen songs in expensive movie sets. The film is utterly vacuous and pretty homophobic

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 584January 21, 2019 4:00 PM

Sam filming some hot guy working out at the gym........;)

The hot guy: "Thanks for the flattering camera angles @samheughan"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 585January 21, 2019 6:57 PM

That’s Valbo. They are good friends and work out together all the time. He’s co-owner of Everyday Athlete and part of My Peak Challenge. Just FYI.

by Anonymousreply 586January 21, 2019 8:48 PM

Great episode this week, I thought you mental fuckwits would be all over it as Sam was not in it, but then you never actually watch the show, as with your lives you just like talking shit about the poor man

by Anonymousreply 587January 21, 2019 9:05 PM

R587 Saying that Sam is gay is not 'talking shit about him'. Only a homophobe like you, would say something like that.

Sam wishing a Happy Birthday to David Berry.

YASSSSSSSSS....!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 588January 21, 2019 9:23 PM

r588. And again....Do not feed the troll :-)

by Anonymousreply 589January 21, 2019 9:40 PM

Anyway. At the end of this thread it is going every interesting.

All this posts on tumblr, openly suggesting that Sam Heughan may be really gay in real live.

Astonishing, isn't it.

The only thing it needed was a Engagement, a break up with a beard.

But fandom started thinking, when they found out that S4 was just bullshit. And when fandom said that they are missing the chemistry between Sam and Balfe.

Hello OL fandom. Sam is not unicorn Jamie. And he left the show mentally after S2. And tried to find his own personality again after looking at his Bank account

by Anonymousreply 590January 21, 2019 10:10 PM

Oh, and if you are wondering where your queen went, the really mental delusional sow who would go on about pr shills and spaz troll etc, she died. BWHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHA

by Anonymousreply 591January 21, 2019 10:36 PM

Sam has zero sexual chemistry with Cait. Cait has to initiate every kiss by planting one on his tightly closed mouth. She literally has to grab his chin and bring his lips to hers. It’s painful watching him kiss Cait. A total contrast to his sloppy open mouthed, same-sex kissing in a Plague Over England.

by Anonymousreply 592January 22, 2019 2:25 AM

[quote]Anyway. At the end of this thread it is going every interesting. All this posts on tumblr, openly suggesting that Sam Heughan may be really gay in real live. Astonishing, isn't it. The only thing it needed was a Engagement, a break up with a beard.

Yep, we have almost 40,000 views. Again, the most watched thread in DL.

Here's another thread to keep talking about Sam being gay, or do you think we should start thread #44?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 593January 22, 2019 2:28 AM

Ultimately we all just repeat the obvious. Unlike other bisexual or hetero actors , he really is gsy. But is it necesary to say it so frequently. We sll know, I think there is no one left to know

by Anonymousreply 594January 22, 2019 2:39 AM

r593 Perhaps New Sam Heughan thread Part 2?

by Anonymousreply 595January 22, 2019 2:52 AM

Gay Sam

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 596January 22, 2019 3:40 AM

R592

I’m not sure I agree with you on that one. Have you ever actually watched Outlander? Plenty of “Jamie” initiated, (with tongue) action.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 597January 22, 2019 4:10 PM

samcait shipper alert at R597 . They say that DL is a 'cesspoool of lies'.

But they are the ones who believe that Sam and Cait are secretly 'dating' and even have a couple of children, lol

by Anonymousreply 598January 22, 2019 5:47 PM

R598

I have no illusions about Sam and Cait dating - at all. Cait is happily engaged and Sam’s love life, whatever that may be, isn’t in question by me. But the other poster incorrectly stated that Sam (as Jamie) kisses Cait (as Claire) with tight lips, never initiating said kisses. When they are both in character for Outlander there is plenty of hot kissing. Isn’t that what a great actor is supposed to do.. make you believe something that isn’t real? Passion - when in reality there is none? Get over yourself ... and don’t assume to know what my thoughts or beliefs are.

by Anonymousreply 599January 22, 2019 5:56 PM

[quote]anonymous asked: DL anon here. You know, the one wretched got a couple of days ago. And no, I am not on a mission. And it is not about being right. Sam Heughan, who I really adore as an actor and as a person is gay. There is nothing wrong with that and there is nothing to complain about. His skills and looks as an actor, his obvobviously never ending energy made unicorn Jamie come alive. CB was very comfortable with him in the sex scenes and it was a eye candy to watch them. CB moved on, he moved on.

Link to the new thread:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 600January 22, 2019 9:53 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!