Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Part 18: Dangling Tendrils, Ill-Fitting Gowns, is it Time for a Style Intervention for New Royal Duchess Meghan?

Carry on! Previous thread below

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 602October 29, 2018 7:31 PM

So like I asked in the previous thread, can anyone ID the powder blue shoes she had on today? Are they new? they look like her trusty Altuzarra stilettos, only a different color.

by Anonymousreply 1October 26, 2018 1:07 AM

I'm R601 from the last thread, so hoping that made it through . . . in which I wondered, if it is true that Mulroney is back in Toronto, that MM has at last seen the Light and fired her ass and got herself a real stylist. She looks much, much better and these dresses aren't Mulroney's style.

Next question: why does Harry looks so bent out of shape?

by Anonymousreply 2October 26, 2018 1:09 AM

r2 Haz is supposedly pissed about the big security breach the other day in Fiji, where Sparks' life was on the line. He's demanding answers from the folks back at KP about this. Must protect his woman unborn youngun.

by Anonymousreply 3October 26, 2018 1:12 AM

So we've seen the sides of her head for the first time. Her hair looks sparse but real there. Can we say that she's not wearing a wig/weave now? Genuine question as I don't know weaves from Adam.

by Anonymousreply 4October 26, 2018 1:21 AM

R3 - They've done several events since the market and he didn't look like this. And KP's announcement of a security breach never seemed persuasive to me when I watched the video. But whatever - he didn't look thunderous in the events after that. He looks like a man whose wife pissed him off but whilst she is keeping the side up publicly, he suddenly has no more fucks to give.

R4 - Yes her hair looks sparse at the side but it's unlikely she got rid of the weaves in the middle of a tour like this, and her hair is oiled. It's probably easier to ditch the stylist than the weaves . . .

Just dying to know if she's given Mulroney the shove. Mulroney won't go quietly if Sparkle's ghosted her, you may depend upon THAT!

by Anonymousreply 5October 26, 2018 1:35 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6October 26, 2018 1:36 AM

He does as he's told.

by Anonymousreply 7October 26, 2018 1:38 AM

Annnnddddd - right on schedule, the DM carries the story that Thomas Markle has contacted the Archbishop of Canterbury to get help in healing the rift with his daughter . . . .

and is considering legal action to gain access to his grandchild.

by Anonymousreply 8October 26, 2018 1:39 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9October 26, 2018 1:39 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10October 26, 2018 1:50 AM

R10 - oh, surely you meant BETTER than a soap opera?

by Anonymousreply 11October 26, 2018 1:51 AM

Chicken legs in dark flats, dark dress on a sunny beach. While trying to control the weave.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12October 26, 2018 1:51 AM

The photo at r12 reminds me SO MUCH of Angelina Jolie.

by Anonymousreply 13October 26, 2018 1:53 AM

Its the trench coat on the beach that's throwing me r12. What a weird style choice for that type of setting.

by Anonymousreply 14October 26, 2018 1:55 AM

And it’s so funny to see scowling Harry with a black cloud over his head, and his lovely bride so studiously cheerful. It’s fun to piss off hubby!!

by Anonymousreply 15October 26, 2018 1:56 AM

MerchAgain strikes the just right fashion note between slutty and tasteless. While on an Official Trip.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16October 26, 2018 1:56 AM

R10 made me LOL. What a colossal fuck up he created in bring this piece of work into prominence.

by Anonymousreply 17October 26, 2018 1:57 AM

She looked great in the white evening gown, with Diana's aquamarine ring.

by Anonymousreply 18October 26, 2018 2:02 AM

R17, right? The father keeps trolling and I can’t help finding it delightful (while at the same time feeling a teeny bit sorry for her).

I loved the color of the blue shirt dress on her, and she looks incredibly pretty in those photos. The simple ponytail looks nice on her (I know many disagree).

She’s annoying with the “baby bump”. It’s ridiculous.

by Anonymousreply 19October 26, 2018 2:03 AM

She probably has a distorted body image. She definitely dresses like a taller person. Shirt dresses do not look good on a petite woman, it’s Fashion 101.

by Anonymousreply 20October 26, 2018 2:04 AM

I don't feel sorry for her at all. Seems to me they're reacting to her behaviour. I admit they seem a slippery, scummy lot to manage... but then so is she.

Mules in horse harness.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21October 26, 2018 2:08 AM

R20, agreed. She’s in denial.

I’m similarly a short-torsoed woman and avoid shirting (unless tailored) and dresses with a defined waistline because they bunch up awkwardly. Also anything that wraps and has a tie belt. It always looks bulky.

That she deliberately chooses these items is baffling. It’s almost like she’s being defiant. I mean, go ahead, honey. It doesn’t look good, though.

by Anonymousreply 22October 26, 2018 2:13 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23October 26, 2018 2:24 AM

Do you think she's being defiant with her terrible clothes? To what end? She's a social climbing actress - hard to imagine her making a point at her own expense.

by Anonymousreply 24October 26, 2018 2:24 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25October 26, 2018 2:28 AM

That is a brilliant analogy of the HazBean relationship. Haz is getting fucked up the ass by Bean. And when they're done Haz looks glum, Bean plasters her fake smile for the cameras, and they desperately hold hands.

by Anonymousreply 26October 26, 2018 2:34 AM

R24, she thinks the rules don’t apply to her. Bare shoulders in church, spaghetti straps and slits to the clit for daytime official engagements, eschewing stockings/hose, shameless SHAMELESS merching.

The rules of wearing clothing don’t apply to her. Maybe OTHER short-waisted petite women with skinny legs stay away from certain items of clothing, but I can pull off anything!

by Anonymousreply 27October 26, 2018 2:35 AM

Itinerary.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28October 26, 2018 2:37 AM

Okay, I'll just say this. It's great that her hair is finally smoothly styled, and under control. The striped dress, and the blue dress, are both great improvements over many of the previous outfits. I'm not a fashionista: I won't attempt to critique either outfit on a finer level. Really, in all these threads, what I really would have liked to see is some progression, some improvement, on her part, and this actually seems like an improvement. For God's sake, she's a newly-minted Duchess: learning the ropes isn't automatic, but I've kept waiting for her to start adapting to her new position.

She's not the first American-borne Duchess. It can't be all that easy, but she's actually been offered a lot of help. Better groomed hair, and more appropriate outfits, and all the fuss (and these threads, I think) would disappear. Although her American family will continue to raise its (very ugly) head.

by Anonymousreply 29October 26, 2018 2:40 AM

Queen maxima needs to upstage this bitch. Sparkle will be humbled real quick. Queen maxima is my favorite royal fashion bitch. She shut it down meeting the queen.

by Anonymousreply 30October 26, 2018 2:42 AM

She needs to stop merching r29, for these threads to really end. And stop some of the attention stealing actions, ie. wearing a large coat to a public family wedding to coyly hint at pregnancy, upstaging the bride.

by Anonymousreply 31October 26, 2018 2:44 AM

[quote]For God's sake, she's a newly-minted Duchess: learning the ropes isn't automatic, but I've kept waiting for her to start adapting to her new position.

Actually it's quite easy. Dress simply, brightly and with restraint. Comport yourself with sincerity and humility and with respect for your role, your purpose and your hosts. Make it about them, not you. Act at all times like the cameras aren't there and never forget they almost always are.

And check your tags, apparently.

None of it's hard if you take your job seriously and get the fuck over yourself. It's a job, not a part.

by Anonymousreply 32October 26, 2018 2:49 AM

There was no security breach; it was a stunt. They've been spinning (lying) ever since. It was a pre-planned visit to a safe market, obviously had been pre-secured by security both Fiji and U.K., there was no "crowd control" and people had planned and waited for weeks to meet. After two seconds she claims security threat and out she is whooshed. If's her fantasy of being so popular they can't control the crowds who want to get near her. Interesting she pulled this shit in Fiji among people of color in a market and not in fucking Australia. Meghan Markle LOVES security. Oh I need security. Oh I am such an object, such a target. I need bodyguards, I need special measures, blah blah.

It's crap, like everything with her.

Looks like her natural hairline today brushed over some supplementary hair underneath (you know it can go under as well as over, right, and I've seen her "real" front hair. Thin, fine, fine, thin (curly, but thin and fine).

One good thing is someone gave her a talking to about her make-up and she fixed it. She doesn't look like Norma Desmond now with jutting cheek implants. Somebody found a beauty blender.

by Anonymousreply 33October 26, 2018 2:51 AM

It's nice to think that Jess Mulroney has been banished but it's probably because she got kids at home and can't stay away forever.

by Anonymousreply 34October 26, 2018 2:52 AM

All of those crying - she's newly minted, it can't be easy - to excuse her groping her hubby's thigh (and him having his hand on hers) having tags hanging from her clothing and clumps of eyelash glue on her eyelids, teetering in heels with mud on the back, to excuse her stroking her husband's back, clinging on with both hands, leaning over and laughing and chattering behind her hand while people are trying to perform for them - forget that when he got engaged she was going to wipe the floor with Kate. Remember? Is being a duchess - meaning be respectful, composed and appropriate in public while being appropriately attired - harder than speaking at the U.N., interning at the Argentine consulate, traveling to Botswana to pose with thirsty regional kids more difficult? More difficult than dressing for the role for which you are auditioning and trying to act like that character? She was experienced with the cameras, in public, internationally travelled, hobnobbed with prime-minister adjacent persons in Toronto. They didn't just drag her out of the little red school house - she WANTED to be on camera, that is her profession. Her problem isn't that she's uncertain, or a beat behind, or not sure from time to time. Her problem is she thinks she has nothing to learn, merches her ass off (or her ass on, going by the butt pads), barges in ahead of the real royal in the family, talks over people, shows her upper thigh at an official meet and greet in a slit see through sundress, and otherwise acts like a jackass. There are no ropes to teach someone not to be an asshole.

by Anonymousreply 35October 26, 2018 2:58 AM

But she took her three kids with her to Oz. They were there with her and her husband.

by Anonymousreply 36October 26, 2018 2:59 AM

Oh, p.s., sorry - and about the learning the ropes - Harry grew up learning it and is acting like a dick and a buffoon. And a slob. And has been merching the pda (this is their celeb tour/reality show) as much as she has. That he frowns sometimes just means he's a moody bitch. Sometimes he feels like doing this shit with her, other times he's over it and she gets on his nerves. None of it is his fault, make sure that's clear.

There are some things that can't be taught.

by Anonymousreply 37October 26, 2018 3:01 AM

Is there any connection between Jess M's departure and Sparkle's sudden fashion, hair and makeup improvement? I can't help but think it's related somehow.

by Anonymousreply 38October 26, 2018 3:01 AM

Interesting R38. She was certainly a doppelganger for JM while JM was around. Was JM's departure sudden? But while the garish make-up was JM, the hair was godawful, and now the make-up is good, and the hair is JM.

by Anonymousreply 39October 26, 2018 3:04 AM

R17 R19 I don't feel sorry for her either. If she had two brain cells to rub together she wouldn't have ghosted her father and half siblings. She needed to have done what plenty have had to do, own their embarrassing fucktard relatives. Instead she tried her hardest to rewrite history and convince people that her mother was her only living relative.

She deserves everything her relatives bring her way. I don't think Senor Markle is talking to the Archbishop or family law lawyers but just the idea of it will be enough to give Megs the nervous shits.

by Anonymousreply 40October 26, 2018 3:10 AM

^^^^ Ooops R21 too.

by Anonymousreply 41October 26, 2018 3:12 AM

I wish she would just keep her tendrils under wraps. She is cute, and no reason to hide her face. Still pulling for you Megs. I have a soft spot for shameless gold diggers. Her being so wrong, just makes her more fun.

by Anonymousreply 42October 26, 2018 3:27 AM

Can someone post pictures of queen maxima. I don't find sparkle boring outfits fascinating.

by Anonymousreply 43October 26, 2018 3:37 AM

Harry clutching his jacket is the new dangling tendril.

by Anonymousreply 44October 26, 2018 5:42 AM

I think that is a really interesting observation R33, and one that I agree with re her pulling this security stunt in Fiji surrounded by people of colour. I haven't wanted to say it because I don't want to be accused of "hating Meagain because she's black." For the record, I couldn't care less whether she was white, Asian, or trans, the bitch is too smug for her own good and that's what rankles. But, back to my theory, she pulled the security stunt at the market in Fiji precisely because she was surrounded by people of colour and she doesn't want that distinction, of being one of them, of them adoring her because she is a woman of colour. She wants to be lily white - you can see it in all the ways in which she presents herself. In fact, her whole demeanor amongst the Fijians and Tongans has seemed to me to fall between superiority and derision. Imagine how much more endearing she would have been if she'd embraced her own heritage whilst amongst the beautiful people of these island nations and let her hair go natural.

by Anonymousreply 45October 26, 2018 6:19 AM

Having her run off after 5 minutes in that market is disgusting.

All the planning those people put in for her visit. And people waiting for hours to get a close up view.

And then she runs away after 5 minutes.

Disgusting.

by Anonymousreply 46October 26, 2018 6:22 AM

Her outfits and well groomed hair in Tonga today was a MAJOR improvement over anything else she's worn on the trip. Neither outfit seemed to have JM's stamp on them. The striped outfit was the best of her trip and her hair pulled back without the tendrils was a big improvement. She still has a few days in Oz to see if she's really changed and her constant clinging onto Harry's hand is still annoying. But at least she met with a head of state in Tonga dressed conservatively and appropriately. I can't stand Megs, but she turned things around today for the first time on the trip.

I have a feeling that Buck House got on them about her inappropriate outfits like the thigh baring sundress in Fraser Island. After that her outfits have steadily improved towards more conservative and proper dresses to meet foreign dignities on behalf of the queen. Not enough to save her horrible outfits at the start of the trip, but at least she's ending things on a more solid note. And today she finally got the tendrils under control. Just take a look a the Kensington Palace IG page where she was getting slammed for poor grooming and bad clothes. I think they finally gave her the message that things needed to change on this trip.

by Anonymousreply 47October 26, 2018 7:17 AM

Uh, no one is running out to the local Nordstrom to snatch her new outfits to wear....she's wearing what they brought in the 32 suitcases they probably have.

by Anonymousreply 48October 26, 2018 7:29 AM

Go and give this Instagram account some love - hilarious!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 49October 26, 2018 7:39 AM

Enough with the merching, you tired queens .How many women are going to rush out and and buy anything she wears? The Stella McCartney wedding evening outfit yes .But Stella didn't need Markle.

by Anonymousreply 50October 26, 2018 7:44 AM

More drama. An aborted landing this time.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51October 26, 2018 7:49 AM

[quote]The Duke and Duchess of Sussex had a close call on their return flight to Sydney when the pilot of their charter flight aborted the landing metres from the tarmac. The plane was over the runway and seconds from landing when it pulled up suddenly. Speaking over the tannoy, the pilot Nigel Rosser called the incident a "Missed approach". He said: “There was another aircraft on the runway that was a little bit slow to roll and unfortunately hadn’t cleared the runway. We were too close, so the decision was made to abort the landing."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 52October 26, 2018 7:53 AM

[quote] Just take a look a the Kensington Palace IG page where she was getting slammed for poor grooming and bad clothes.

Link, please.

by Anonymousreply 53October 26, 2018 8:44 AM

Interesting article about Bean's fashion choices:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 54October 26, 2018 9:10 AM

She gonna fit the mould, willingly or not.

by Anonymousreply 55October 26, 2018 9:50 AM

The blue bathrobe-y dress was cute, and of course the ponytail was a major improvement.

by Anonymousreply 56October 26, 2018 10:11 AM

Thanks r36. It must have been absolute chaos.

by Anonymousreply 57October 26, 2018 10:33 AM

That Guardian article at r54 calls the queen a "bona fide style icon" so I'm not sure it was meant to be serious.

by Anonymousreply 58October 26, 2018 10:39 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 59October 26, 2018 11:22 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 60October 26, 2018 11:23 AM

oh god, that's so funny r59

by Anonymousreply 61October 26, 2018 11:27 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 62October 26, 2018 11:32 AM

Grossly inappropriate. Bitch just lives in her own little world, doesn't she.

by Anonymousreply 63October 26, 2018 11:33 AM

Well, at least Harry seems to be wearing shoes with intact soles, so that is a step up.

by Anonymousreply 64October 26, 2018 12:38 PM

Harry needs to shave the back of his damn neck (and trim his beard). He's a complete mess.

by Anonymousreply 65October 26, 2018 12:48 PM

I wouldn't be so sure they couldn't order up new clothes in a pinch. Diana had to send back to London for warmer clothes when she miscalculated on how cold it would be on an autumn visit to Canada. The truth is, they can do anything they want or need to.

That said, I think it's the much neater hair that's making it look like the entire wardrobe changed, but in my view these dresses are well within Sparkle's belt-y tradition, it may be a confluence of what these events called for, for which she saved these particular dresses, and perhaps getting the message from the bad comments about her choices.

And, I wouldn't be surprised if Clarence House (it wouldn't be KP, that's William and Kate) had checked about the security breach, found out it wasn't, their PR office tracked comments about the thigh high slit, the inappropriate black clothes at the ANZAC reopening, the tag hanging from the hem, the reports from the staff at Admiralty House, and called Harry and told him to his wife to up her Duchess game, go neater and cleaner, and stop the grandstanding.

As for the Mulroney hag, who knows? It is school term so how long could she keep them out to follow Meghan Markle around the world? Possibly, what Clarence House told Harry was "Tell your wife to get rid of the hanger-on and get more in the mode of a Duchess and less in the mode of a fashion icon helping out a pal . . ."

It will be interesting to see what Sparkle does fashion-wise when she returns "home" - whether she continues the improvement we're seeing here, or goes back to oversized coats (well, she'll somewhat need those till spring, won't she?), black, navy, dark green (which looks dreadful on her), and tan.

Harry's gloomy aspect tells us something went down.

by Anonymousreply 66October 26, 2018 1:24 PM

At the Geo event, was the lining of the dress or her slip caught up on the side? It is a pretty dress but a bit much for the occasion, as is her eye makeup.

by Anonymousreply 67October 26, 2018 1:25 PM

Her hair looks brushed, so that is a win.

On the one side, the lining is even in the pix at DM, on the other side, caught up. Another mistake that someone should have pointed out or a mirror would have prevented. Hose can also help, it does not appear she is wearing any.

by Anonymousreply 68October 26, 2018 1:28 PM

R62 - Oh deah deah deah - there goes all the hopes for improvement. She - looks - absolutely - comical. A 37 year old four months pregnant woman in a Ballerina-Princess costume at an event where all the other women are dressed in desk-to-dinner suits, with long twenty-year old hair hanging down, and the slip caught up on side.

by Anonymousreply 69October 26, 2018 1:30 PM

Harry's gloomy aspect tells us something went down.

That's the kind of look a petulant, spoiled child wears when he's just had his hand slapped and been told "no".

by Anonymousreply 70October 26, 2018 1:31 PM

Said it in the last thread regarding the “security breach”: she’s “waifing” (damsel in distress) and people close to borderlines recognize the manipulation. Another stunt to give Harry a chance to White Knight. They probably had a fight and this was her response.

I thought you guys would hate the striped dress. Surprised to see it so well-received. I kind of liked it, myself. The tie belt didn’t sit where it was supposed to (naturally).

by Anonymousreply 71October 26, 2018 1:34 PM

R67 - Yes, slip caught up on one side, and whilst one other woman there appears to be wearing an evening gown, it is a very simple one, the rest don't seem to be. She also looks like she can barely walk in it, it is utterly wrong for a woman with a baby bump (as she has wearisomely reminded the world at every opportunity).

But the real tragi-comic aspect of this outfit is that it reeks of a nearly 40-year-old pregnant woman channeling her 14-year-old fantasy of looking like a 25-year-old ballet dancer about to do the Sugar Plum Fairy's variation in "The Nutcracker".

There's really something sad about this - because nothing is quite as sad as a woman trying desperately to look like something she isn't.

by Anonymousreply 72October 26, 2018 1:37 PM

And, btw, the dress is AGAIN de la Renta and cost 10,000 quid, which is about $13,000USD.

And the Kate haters on CB were dissing Kate for wearing a McQueen gown costing slightly less to a major state banquet for a foreign reigning couple requiring a tiara and the Family Order.

Words fail one.

by Anonymousreply 73October 26, 2018 1:41 PM

Oh, and the bronzer and blush are again applied with a trowel. The thing is, the dress in and of itself is enchanting: it would suit a young Keira Knightley perfectly - it would have suited Audrey Hepburn perfectly. But as even Kaiser on CB pointed out, it looks like something Sarah Jessica Parker would wear, and the makeup is way overdone.

A couple of CB's commenters also mentioned the astronomical price for a dress that is slightly OTT for the occasion.

Back to Square One.

by Anonymousreply 74October 26, 2018 1:57 PM

I think the gown may have an asymmetrical line at the bottom and that's why it looks as if the slip got caught up on one side. It's hard to tell from the video which it is, but the asymmetrical hem wouldn't be out of left field, so to speak.

by Anonymousreply 75October 26, 2018 2:01 PM

I don't understand this dress. $13K for an Australian Geographic awards ceremony? This wasn't the Golden Globes. A simple jewel toned sheath dress would have been perfectly in place and far less expensive. I guarantee NO ONE at a Nat Geo event in the US for a similar occasion would be dressed this over the top. number. She's just desperate....but at least it seems she's jettisoned Jessica Mulroney to that's a plus.

by Anonymousreply 76October 26, 2018 2:40 PM

Harry probably got an earful from grandma about his wife wearing slit up summer dress and he got into an argument with sparkle about it.

by Anonymousreply 77October 26, 2018 2:57 PM

How can anyone take this 37-year-old woman seriously??? A fashion icon she is NOT.

Her frou frou gown is more appropriate for a high school prom.

by Anonymousreply 78October 26, 2018 3:04 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 79October 26, 2018 3:13 PM

R79 - I disagree. The dress may be expensive but it looks cheap and it's not appropriate for the occasion.

Pom Poms to Frou Frous.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 80October 26, 2018 3:15 PM

Look what the other women are wearing. Nutmeg's dress is overkill.

by Anonymousreply 81October 26, 2018 3:16 PM

The olive green and white striped shirt dress that she wore in Tonga is hideous.

by Anonymousreply 82October 26, 2018 3:16 PM

This striped dress is so busy that it gives me a headache.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 83October 26, 2018 3:17 PM

The bird dress doesn't look cheap. It's lovely and she looks great. Other women have on evening gowns. The staff with clipboards is dressed more informally.

by Anonymousreply 84October 26, 2018 3:18 PM

This dress is a pretty color.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 85October 26, 2018 3:18 PM

The ballgown is just embarrassing. Did they get bad info re the dress code for the ceremony?

Both she and Harry come off like substance abusers. He can’t get a simple haircut, they’re both always rumpled, she looks like she doesn’t bathe or wash her hair and just applies new makeup over old.

Like junkies.

by Anonymousreply 86October 26, 2018 3:20 PM

The birds on the dress were drawn by children in kindergarten class.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 87October 26, 2018 3:20 PM

Touching her hair even when she gives a speech.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 88October 26, 2018 3:21 PM

Love that woman in the background giving Sparkle’s dress the side eye!

by Anonymousreply 89October 26, 2018 3:21 PM

R83 It's horrible and very unflattering. Talk about looking like a bedsheet. The other sleeveless striped dress that she wore on the beach in Australia wasn't very flattering on her but the dress itself is ok.

And MM finally wore a French Twist (w/ flowers in her hair) when she had the bright pink dress in Figi. The French Twist, higher and less messy bun, and hairsprayed high pony tail are so much better than her previous hairstyles.

She's definitely got some added weave going on that makes her hair look thicker.

by Anonymousreply 90October 26, 2018 3:22 PM

The Royal Wedding dress is now at Windsor Castle.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 91October 26, 2018 3:23 PM

The de la Renta dress is lovely, but not suited for the occasion or her age.

by Anonymousreply 92October 26, 2018 3:23 PM

They look a bit embarassed with this Tongan getup.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 93October 26, 2018 3:24 PM

Megsy was overdressed for the occasion. Attention whore as always.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 94October 26, 2018 3:26 PM

R92 How could a dress with birds on it not be suitable for a conservation awards gala?!

by Anonymousreply 95October 26, 2018 3:27 PM

There are some pretty gowns on de la Renta's outlet website. Damn, they are highly discounted1

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 96October 26, 2018 3:28 PM

R95 - Look at the people lining up to greet them. MeAgain should have worn something like the pink dress of the woman shaking hands with Harry. Something more understated and elegant.

It's not about the birds, it's the style of the dress. It looks like a frilly dress for a prom.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 97October 26, 2018 3:30 PM

Meghan has made another cover of Hello - this time the Spanish version.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 98October 26, 2018 3:31 PM

Hand holding while bending down for a look.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 99October 26, 2018 3:33 PM

The dress doesn't fit. The sleeves are too big.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 100October 26, 2018 3:34 PM

A photo of Nutmeg looking directly at the camera can always be found at each event she attends. Lights, camera, action!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 101October 26, 2018 3:37 PM

Ladies and Gents, here for your viewing pleasure is the "Duchess Sashay". Enjoy!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 102October 26, 2018 3:39 PM

The white dress on the right would have been more suitable for the occasion.

Agree that the dress with multi-directional stripes is an eyesore.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 103October 26, 2018 3:43 PM

She thinks she's the Queen of the Prom.

It's totally out of place, she looks ridiculous.

by Anonymousreply 104October 26, 2018 3:51 PM

If you're going to wear birds on a dress, try to have them look like this.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 105October 26, 2018 3:52 PM

Smug look. The cat who ate the canary.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 106October 26, 2018 3:53 PM

Giggling to tears at children who were singing about mosquitos.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 107October 26, 2018 3:54 PM

Another event, another look at the camera.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 108October 26, 2018 3:58 PM

Hi, it's MEgain.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 109October 26, 2018 4:01 PM

Hi, thanks for taking my photo.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 110October 26, 2018 4:03 PM

R97 Look at the women at the event's dinner tables. Many are wearing evening gowns.

by Anonymousreply 111October 26, 2018 4:13 PM

R111 There' evening gown and evening gown.

The other women kept it simple, Markle went full Queen Promo.

If you can't do the difference, you're as tacky as Sparkles.

by Anonymousreply 112October 26, 2018 4:22 PM

R112, I think you meant Prom Queen.

by Anonymousreply 113October 26, 2018 4:39 PM

Although that could be a new moniker: Promo Queen.

by Anonymousreply 114October 26, 2018 4:43 PM

How could anyone possibly think the striped dress was a good idea? She looks like a teapot cover.

by Anonymousreply 115October 26, 2018 4:43 PM

Why does she apply bronzer next to the cornes of her mouth?

by Anonymousreply 116October 26, 2018 4:58 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 117October 26, 2018 5:15 PM

R117, I guess they don’t have much turnover at the palace. And the staff must be ancient and well-paid. Diana’s been gone a looooong time.

by Anonymousreply 118October 26, 2018 5:27 PM

Why no hand-wringing over the aborted landing? The babies could have perished.

And Meghan, too.

by Anonymousreply 119October 26, 2018 5:29 PM

Yes, isn’t it sad

by Anonymousreply 120October 26, 2018 6:25 PM

Princess dresses compared. Team Kate wins!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 121October 26, 2018 6:34 PM

Kate should pray for Meghan every day, she’s the best thing that happened to her. I used to not like kate (she’s more boring than oatmeal), but next to Meghan she looks regal, thin, tall, statuesque, confident, natural, warm. “The ugly truth: less attractive friends make you look better.”

by Anonymousreply 122October 26, 2018 6:47 PM

I don't get it, Royals are not supposed to be exciting. They are supposed to be boring and useless.

The only exciting ones are the trashy, like the Monaco trashy family.

A good Queen is a boring Queen.

by Anonymousreply 123October 26, 2018 7:06 PM

Does MM ever do anything but grin? She looks pathetically desperate to please, like a dog always wagging its' tail.

by Anonymousreply 124October 26, 2018 7:08 PM

She’s also quite pigeon toed.

by Anonymousreply 125October 26, 2018 7:09 PM

As I said on another thread about the bird dress, it reminds me of the movie The Birds, like she's being attacked by them. I want her to raise her arms in much horror like they are coming for her face like Tippi did in the movie. And she needs a bird in her hair like the one on the Madame Alexander doll of the movie.

by Anonymousreply 126October 26, 2018 7:29 PM

They're NOT holding hands or clinging to each other.

As the Handmaids say: Praise Be!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 127October 26, 2018 7:31 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 128October 26, 2018 7:35 PM

Being called Di2 by the royal household is NOT a compliment. Harry has truly excelled himself marrying a worse version of his mother - Diana's brand of crazy plus an even worse dress sense than Fergie. Let's hope he grows out of her soon.

by Anonymousreply 129October 26, 2018 8:02 PM

^^^The question is whether he’s adult enough to admit he made a mistake and move on or if he’ll double down on the PDAs because he can’t admit he fucked up.

by Anonymousreply 130October 26, 2018 8:17 PM

Do you wonder if Di2 isn’t a nickname, but rather wishful thinking?

by Anonymousreply 131October 26, 2018 8:24 PM

MerchAgain could have demonstrated resourcefulness and gotten a third-cycle out of that fugly diving bird hat to pair with the 50's prom dress.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 132October 26, 2018 8:51 PM

Di2? Apparently it's because she has worn some of Diana's jewelry. Sure, put on a pair of earrings and immediately people see the resemblance.

It's also that she's good at public speaking. Uh huh.

And she likes to wear high end designer clothing.

Yeah, that's definitely it.

by Anonymousreply 133October 26, 2018 9:02 PM

R133, you left out “beloved by the people”!!

by Anonymousreply 134October 26, 2018 9:06 PM

Doesn’t look like Meghan got any Diana’s valuable jewelry. An aquamarine ring is all we’ve seen so far, and I think that was a post-Charles piece. I’m sure it’s in the back of someone mind that if it’s given to her- it will never stay in the family.

by Anonymousreply 135October 26, 2018 9:15 PM

She had on some small earrings belonging to Di the other day but they were nothing you wouldn’t see in Target. Just little studs, nothing valuable. I think the family are possibly hedging their bets re: jewelry in case it disappears as “lost” to pay off some of her debts.

by Anonymousreply 136October 26, 2018 11:17 PM

R135 - The aquamarine ring was what Diana bought for herself to replace the sapphire engagement ring. She wore it frequently with evening and cocktail outfits, and because of her size, the ring looked much better on her than it does on Meghan.

If they are calling her Di2, it may being played as "affectionate" but people forget how many people left Charles's staff after Di got there. And one thing they all seemed to report was that Diana refused to be guided, taught, or advised. She believed in her own "instincts", her press reassured her that the public adored her (which was likely true at the time), and she didn't think she needed others' opinions or advice.

Meghan strikes me as right off the same assembly line - very much Di2. And the press, of course, is only interested in whatever side of the bread its butter is on on any given day, so, as it was complicit in confirming Diana's delusions for her, it will confirm Meghan's.

The difference here, though, is that Charles is the Prince of Wales, and Harry is a mere sixth in line. Meghan is (although not in her own mind) far less important that Diana was in life or death. I'm curious to see whether this factor means the BRF will shrug its shoulders and ignore the HazBean fiasco (as long as the public doesn't get restive), or that the BRF will feel less compunction about pulling the two up short. Because, fundamentally, I doubt whether anyone inside Buck House or Clarence House gives a flying fuck what Harry thinks or feels, much less his wife.

They really aren't important, but they're the novelty right now and they have to be seen to occupy some legitimate space in the Firm. But the truth is, they could be abducted by aliens next week and disappear, and a year from now no one would even think about them or see a difference in the operation of the BRF.

by Anonymousreply 137October 26, 2018 11:36 PM

r133 - you left out “stunning legs”!!

by Anonymousreply 138October 26, 2018 11:40 PM

HAHAHAHA!!!! Children automatically drawn to spontaneously hug Kate. Meanwhile, Meghan repels kids in Tonga while Harry bonds with them. Priceless.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 139October 26, 2018 11:42 PM

[quote]I doubt whether anyone inside Buck House or Clarence House gives a flying fuck what Harry thinks or feels, much less his wife.

To a certain extent the Palace may not care but in the broader scheme of things, they do give a royal fuck. The Queen just appointed Dimwit and his wife, reps for Commonwealth youth leaders (or something like that), Dimwit is the BRF face for Invictus, and a supporter for mental health causes. And saving wild animals (when he isn't hunting them). Harry is a big deal from a PR optics point of view.

by Anonymousreply 140October 26, 2018 11:58 PM

I do not believe everything Enty (CDAN) has to say, because no matter how many sources he has or how much he gets tipped off - and how much he makes shit up because he needs content - people have axes to grind and I'm sure tell him bullshit as much as they tell him real stuff. Wasn't his site a major site for Harvey Weinstein's minions to drop whispering campaigns about how crazy, slutty, deranged and debauched many of the actresses he assaulted, as well as many who rejected him, were?

BUT, in his recent podcast he clearly outlines how impossible Meghan Markles' lifestyle was before she married Harry. There is no way it was supported by Suits. He rightly points out that in the years before Suits, she earned about 5k a year "acting" and yet frequently traveled to Europe for the weekend. Deal or No Deal was a secure salary, but she earned about what someone would earn in a regular job - game shows pay shit. Yet prior to Suits, in her blog she bragged that she was one of the few who "support myself playing dress up." I am very familiar with what MM would have been paid on Suits and it's also not enough to support the travel she did. I suspect she pretended she'd been with Trevor Engelson 11 years to have a cover story as to how she kept body and soul together while unemployed.

However this ends, this will be a wake-up call to some die hard fans of the monarchy. There are some who are SURE the BRF is working behind the scenes, particularly after the stroking, petting, inner thigh rubbing and general fucking PDA rudeness Harry and Meghan decided to make a feature of this tour. And because Harry has shit the bed with Invictus - blew off the planning, showed for the opening, skipped the actual games, and will force his bride on the event to give the closing speech, which will be full of lies as are all of her speeches. I tell you now the BRF are doing jackshit. All they've got is "Well, Harry is 6th in line, so no real damage." and they'll probably try to separate the Cambridges from H&M, except for when they force H&M and the Cambridges together to prove there are no hard feelings or judgment. She is the fucking trashiest, but so is he, with bells on, and so all the protocol stories, and the queen forbids and mandates this and that bullshit is up in smoke. Going by rumor, and how she's playing with padding and butt pads to enhance this pregnancy she supposedly has, the BRF will even pretend an IVF kid of unknown bio-genetic origin is a natural born BRF member (they have no choice, and thank God for that poor innocent kid's sake). They are an Emporer's New Clothes. Nothing there. Queenie is 92, Charles may not be shelling out the $$ Meggie pretends he is but he is guilty over Diana so doesn't put Harry in line, and he's Will's only brother. That's that. It's a family story the tax payers are paying for.

by Anonymousreply 141October 27, 2018 12:01 AM

R43 if you don't find Sparkle's clothes engaging, why are you in a thread about Sparkle and her clothes?

by Anonymousreply 142October 27, 2018 12:04 AM

There's also a thread on other royals other than the BRF, r43.

by Anonymousreply 143October 27, 2018 12:09 AM

Narcissism is big on the internet, but I don't have much respect for anyone taken in by a narcissist. To hook you, they mirror you and are all about you, so any sensible person should find that suspicious, particularly if the attention is of the overwhelming variety. Sure, you may be gorgeous, brilliant, funny, special - but how would someone who only met you recently KNOW that? Those who fall for narcissist's seem self-absorbed themselves. Otherwise they would see past the initial adoration and wonder why their new love interest is pouring it on so thick.

Anyway, was reading some observations by a woman who is NOT a professional, but her ex husband is narc, and she wrote a little piece called "Things narcissists do." Two of them are Meghan all over. One of them is overact. That's because they don't actually feel anything. They just imitate it, so it goes OTT. We can see MM do it with the coy shit, the gestures, the titters. No wonder she hardly worked. Her eyes are flat too.

Another is talk to themselves. I've read Meghan has been caught doing it (at IG for one) and so has Angelina Jolie. I think this goes along with the phantom conversations they have. We can see when Meghan is ignored or not included (as in some of the pics of her in the bird evening gown), she sort of focuses her eyes in a vague direction and smiles and "reacts" as if she's reacting to something that just happened or someone said something to her. She did it on the balcony during Trooping and RAF too. The few times people spoke to Harry, or to anyone adjacent to her (one could tell by the sightline and Harry responding) she pantomimed as if she were part of the conversation.

by Anonymousreply 144October 27, 2018 12:12 AM

R140 - While I take your point, the fact remains that this "role" Harry has been given is a typical "Well, we have to do something with them, let's give them this, it's low-key and no one in the UK actually cares about the Commonwealth, and how much trouble can he get into with this? This will keep then reasonably busy, because as we all know, Idle Royal Yet Far From the Throne Hands Are the Devil's Playground."

There are also a good many Commonwealth residents who resent the royals and what they cost when they come there once in a blue moon. When do you think Harry and Meghan will be back? Part of their role will be to hold back the tide of republicanism that is much stronger in, say , Australia than it is here.

It's Charles who got the Big Commonwealth title: Leader of the Commonwealth.

The Invictus Games weren't even Harry's idea and they are, what, 2 days each year? And as you could see from the coverage this time around, the Games themselves got next to no media play, compared to Meghan's clothes, baby bump, and the incessant hand-holding that really is beginning to look disturbed. You get the same feeling of a narrative that the media is pushing watching Harry and Meghan on this tour, that you once got watching Charles and Di, despite the fact that both were miserable, he'd gone back to the comforting arms of his mistress, and she was fucking the handsome Cavalry officer in the stables.

The BRF are always concerned with PR, certainly, but if they have to reign Harry in, the way they wouldn't have dared to reign Charles in (Christ, they didn't even try to stop Charles from interfering in politics by writing to MPs!), they'll do it. And sooner.

by Anonymousreply 145October 27, 2018 12:19 AM

R142 - Because a thread about someone's clothes doesn't preclude - indeed, absolutely must include - criticism of those clothes, including that they are not engaging?

You want people whose discussion threads are all about drooling over Meghan's clothes, I can recommend you to Celebitchy.

by Anonymousreply 146October 27, 2018 12:22 AM

R141 The BRF don't have any real power. The real power is in the institution which is run by the household and the courtiers. The monarchy hasn't survived 1000 years and several different branches by just the family. Markle is an idiot because she doesn't see where the power lies and she should be going out of her way not to piss off the household. They are the ones who see everything and they are the ones who can dish the dirt and ultimately make your position untenable. Ultimately their job is to protect the institution of monarchy.

by Anonymousreply 147October 27, 2018 12:23 AM

R141 traveling to europe frequently is not expensive for a single woman who makes 100k+. I surely make less than Meghan did on Suits and I travel abroad frequently. ENTY needs a better point than "travels a lot" to back up his suspicions.

by Anonymousreply 148October 27, 2018 12:23 AM

R71, I imagine this behavior is ALL TOO FAMILIAR to the RF, no?

by Anonymousreply 149October 27, 2018 12:28 AM

^^^few days a year (not 2)y

R147 - True, the BRF have no real power, but they do have enormous influence, which is a quite potent weapon when it can be called into play.

R148 - Enty prints whatever he thinks will get clicks. The Cumbercrazies sent in one outrageous story after another about Sophie Hunter, whoever Enty is, he knew enough to know they stories were 1) ridiculous, and 2) being sent in by obsessed fraus still hung up Sherlock. So whilst he may once in awhile hit it right, more often than not it's pure fantasy.

by Anonymousreply 150October 27, 2018 12:33 AM

R147 - I meant to say, I do agree with most of your post. The BRF's main interest is their own survival, and Meghan is a fool for not realising what the long-term goal is; in that, however, she shares yet another trait with Diana, who also was oblivious to the damage she was doing to the institution by reducing it to the level of celebrity. It wasn't about the monarchy: it was always and only about her. And that is the real difference between Diana and Meghan, and Kate Middleton: of the three, only Kate gets is and is invested in the institution, not her own narcissistic gratification. How William managed that, I'm not sure.

R150

by Anonymousreply 151October 27, 2018 12:43 AM

r145 - Get your facts straight.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 152October 27, 2018 12:50 AM

There are other pics showing Harry drooling over the woman in pink (he and Meghan are in the foreground, she's in the background laughing at something and the way she stands shows off that she's got a lot of boob).

by Anonymousreply 153October 27, 2018 12:55 AM

Link, R153?

by Anonymousreply 154October 27, 2018 1:18 AM

R150 makes a very good point. The British Royal Family has no real power, but their influence is huge. I don't like cross-posting. in general. I don't like to derail threads. But I really would like us to consider, for a minute, the role of the British Royal Family in the world, then consider Meghan's merchandising schemes in that light. I'm going to have to post two separate links, unfortunately. I'm not a Meghan or Harry hater, at all. I wish she would succeed. But she seems to demonstrate an oblivious attitude, forgetting her new role.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 155October 27, 2018 2:00 AM

The thread

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 156October 27, 2018 2:00 AM

MerchAgain and Dimwit have their Halloweeen costumes already selected. They wil be leaving NZ for London wearing this tasteful ensemble.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 157October 27, 2018 2:03 AM

Sounds like Harry received a stern phone call from Granny, telling him to talk to his wife and explain that they are not on vacation and that her lack of understanding of why they are there, manifest by her trashy beach dress with the long slit, needs to change.

Her continued grinning seems to indicate that whatever the message, it fell on deaf ears.

Her "security exit" from the market, leaving all those waiting people in the lurch was very tacky behavior.

And dresses with dangling tags do not speak well of either of them.

by Anonymousreply 158October 27, 2018 2:22 AM

R143, no, he does not. Meghan made about 10k-12k per episode on Suits, and Suits did not have many episodes a year. When Suits was not filming Meghan had to pay for her own house, her own insurance, her agent fees, her taxes (both in Canada and the US. So fuck you it's not that expensive. Every weekend to Europe IS expensive when you are making basically low six figures plus far more overhead than somebody in a regular job.

Meghan was also going to Europe every single weekend prior to Suits. So you tell me, how she, with only bit part roles that earned her about 5k a year, did that and survived.

by Anonymousreply 159October 27, 2018 2:36 AM

Uh, yatching, R159? That the answer you are looking for? Or, alternatively, Soho Housing.

by Anonymousreply 160October 27, 2018 2:59 AM

Is there that much of a market for cross-eyed, flat-chested, big-assed prostitutes?

by Anonymousreply 161October 27, 2018 3:36 AM

Meggy's such a beeotch, she absolutely can't stand other women -- especially pretty ones -- getting any spotlight near her. She presented an award at Australian Geographic last night and the winner was some good looking woman named Sophia. The woman comes up on stage and Meghan doesn't even try to shake her hand or congratulate her in any way, she just hands her the award, immediately points to where the camera is so they can do a photo op then walks back to the podium as fast as she can get away from poor Sophia. The girl looked pretty shocked and disappointed, yet what can we expect from ME ME ME! What an awful thing she is.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 162October 27, 2018 3:41 AM

She's finding the camera with those insane crazy eyes again. I bet the Invictus athletes are ever so grateful to have her there to soak up all of the attention.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 163October 27, 2018 4:27 AM

And, R163, Harry doesn't appear to be watching the game.

by Anonymousreply 164October 27, 2018 4:31 AM

R112 Pull yourself together. You can't even construct a simple insult.

by Anonymousreply 165October 27, 2018 5:06 AM

R135 The aquamarine ring is the most fabulous Diana trinket.

by Anonymousreply 166October 27, 2018 5:09 AM

She reminds me of Jodi Arias in her interviews.

by Anonymousreply 167October 27, 2018 5:10 AM

This is all so futile. We are arguing with people who think MM's hideous, ill-fitting bedsheet olive and white striped dress is heavenly. The same people think Queen Elizabeth's plaid outfit was the perfect, royal attire for Tonga.

And yes, MM haters, brace yourselves... Guy the Beagle is ALIVE!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 168October 27, 2018 5:22 AM

Because it's totally fine to judge 70's fashion with today's standards R168.

Tell me, you're the De La Renta's lover, ain't you?

by Anonymousreply 169October 27, 2018 5:27 AM

R160 Frequent Flyer Miles for free airfare. Not hard to figure out.

by Anonymousreply 170October 27, 2018 5:30 AM

R169 Tell me, you're the "merch" troll, right?

by Anonymousreply 171October 27, 2018 5:31 AM

R171 No and I don't care about merching.

by Anonymousreply 172October 27, 2018 5:33 AM

R169 It's de la Renta. No capital "D."

by Anonymousreply 173October 27, 2018 5:33 AM

R173 I see you don't deny.

by Anonymousreply 174October 27, 2018 5:34 AM

R169 70s comparison? Just gird yourself and travel upthead to see someone swimming in praise for the plaid tablecloth Queen Elizabeth wore to Tonga.

I love the de la Renta bird dress . It's probably the only de la Renta dress that I would ever remember. The old buzzard probably even didn't design it himself.

by Anonymousreply 175October 27, 2018 5:40 AM

No one said the 70's dress was beautiful, we said it was appropriate.

The Bird dress can be pretty but it was not appropriate and totally over the top.

by Anonymousreply 176October 27, 2018 5:44 AM

R176 So ugly is "appropriate."

by Anonymousreply 177October 27, 2018 5:48 AM

Appropriate is not about pretty or ugly dress, it's about the event.

You don't dress at work like you dress at home or with your friends, same for Meghan. She has to dress according to the event.

I'm not surprised Sugars don't get those simple rules.

by Anonymousreply 178October 27, 2018 5:55 AM

R178 Good God, you are tedious. Go back to tumblr.

by Anonymousreply 179October 27, 2018 6:00 AM

Go back to Celebitchy, you're tedious with tacky taste.

by Anonymousreply 180October 27, 2018 6:05 AM

R180 I know how hard it must be for you that Meghan doesn't dress (or want to dress) like your idol, Diana.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 181October 27, 2018 6:48 AM

WOW. The video at R162 is crazy. Meghan clearly wants NOTHING to do with the other woman; if she could have pushed her off the stage I think she would have.

Such a phony, insincere, shallow, creepy bitch Meghan is. And, to quote Warren Beatty in "Shampoo"...it looks like someone took a dump on her head.

by Anonymousreply 182October 27, 2018 7:59 AM

I'm sure someone has in her yacht days R182.

by Anonymousreply 183October 27, 2018 8:17 AM

Her mother Doria looks better with clothes . She was wearing very nice clothes ! Maybe she can give nutmeg some tips .

by Anonymousreply 184October 27, 2018 11:18 AM

Oh.My.GOD. R184, Doria does not dress like a duchess. Her clothes are not ugly, stained, wrinkled, or ill-fitting. AND they are not black or baby poop green. Nor do they feature gossamer ravens or pom poms. So, in essence, my poor mother has a LOT to learn about how to dress.

by Anonymousreply 185October 27, 2018 11:24 AM

Princess Valkyrie must be so grateful to be the least hated royal now.

by Anonymousreply 186October 27, 2018 11:37 AM

Do you think Harry and Meghan are fed up with each other right about now? I do.

by Anonymousreply 187October 27, 2018 11:55 AM

Ever since the "security" incident, they've both been a bit tidier in their grooming and more circumspect in their behavior. TPTB must have called Harry and read him the riot act. He seems very subdued. Hopefully their behavior on this tour sealed their fate and we won't be seeing much of them anymore. As fun as it is to pick apart her awful wardrobe, it's even more fun to imagine her holed away and stewing over the lack of attention she is receiving. It'll make the inevitable divorce happen more quickly.

by Anonymousreply 188October 27, 2018 11:57 AM

Meghan enjoys every fucking second, Harry starts to look gloomy.

by Anonymousreply 189October 27, 2018 11:58 AM

She enjoys every second of being in the limelight, but I wonder if she's enjoying HIM much at this point.

by Anonymousreply 190October 27, 2018 12:00 PM

Harry is just a means to an end for Meghan. She probably doesn't like him (or anyone). But yeah, he's fed up with her. She was supposed to up his worth. Instead, she's an embarrassment.

by Anonymousreply 191October 27, 2018 12:03 PM

And, Harry is probably depressed because it's dawning on him that he has no good choices. Stay with her and see his role diminished or leave her and eat humble pie. I wish he would just leave. If he played it the right way, the public would forgive him and he would regain his reputation.

by Anonymousreply 192October 27, 2018 12:11 PM

The video at r162 tells you everything you need to know about Meghan Markle.

She’s a cunt.

by Anonymousreply 193October 27, 2018 12:29 PM

I agree, R193. To talk about it is one thing, but to actually see her in action is jaw dropping. She's a mean girl.

by Anonymousreply 194October 27, 2018 12:34 PM

I hope she does not have a daughter.

Although the impact the craziness of Diana had on little boys is plain to see.

by Anonymousreply 195October 27, 2018 1:35 PM

R187 They had a long distance relationship before marriage. They saw more of each other than Chuck and Di but only barely. Anyone can fall in love with short week and two week long spells. Especially when they are holidays. It's being with each other 24/7 that kills weak relationships and exposes incompatibilities. They're going through that now and with a baby on the way. Essentially this marriage is fucked.

by Anonymousreply 196October 27, 2018 1:40 PM

New biography out on Prince Charles says Harry had a meltdown before the wedding.

by Anonymousreply 197October 27, 2018 1:47 PM

More, R197 !

by Anonymousreply 198October 27, 2018 2:06 PM

Welp, R197, that would explain everyone looking like they were headed to his execution.

by Anonymousreply 199October 27, 2018 2:09 PM

R152 - What "facts"? That article is pure PR - Downing Street and Buck House working hand in hand. It still lists Harry as the fifth rather than sixth in line. Yeah, 60% of Commonwealth populations are young, and as in most of the rest of the West, most of those younger folks don't give a flying fuck about the monarchy, although the monarchy wants them to.

Harry needed a high profile job and he got one. But in the great scheme of things, if his wife keeps pissing the family off, just as Diana did until she finally overplayed her hand with the Morton book, they'll take steps, and I stand by my assessment that they'll step in faster with Harry than they did with Charles - not least because they may have learned something from the Wales debacle.

The Sussexes are the Yorks of the future. There are only so many HRHs you can keep on the payroll wearing 10,000 quid dresses to fairly minor events.

by Anonymousreply 200October 27, 2018 2:30 PM

The photos here really show how the bump, be it real or a pillow, has been made to be the star of the tour by that nut job. These snaps and that video where she mean girled the poor woman receiving an award, really say it all.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 201October 27, 2018 2:37 PM

R178 - Stocky, four months pregnant woman pushing 40 show up in dressed like 25-year-old channeling Sarah Jessica Parker as the Sugar Plum Fairy from "The Nutcracker" picking up Best Actress at the Oscars, for a relatively low-key "Geo Awards" event that the rest of the world doesn't even know anything about, where everyone else, even the several women in gowns, are dressed far more simply, and said "Look At Me I'm The Star Here!" dress cost 10,000 quid by yet another foreign luxury label . . . in which, by the way, she could hardly walk . . .

I dunno, somehow, "appropriate" isn't exactly the word I'd have chosen.

by Anonymousreply 202October 27, 2018 2:40 PM

R196 makes good points. It is even easier to fall in love when one of you is just desperate too and not very bright. This thing probably didn't get out of the romance phase - a literally unfolded within a bubble. It was not place to make a life decision like marriage. I can't see it lasting. It won't be a blow up. I don't think she or he gets calls from the Palace scolding them about their inappropriate... everything. Gradually a chill will descend within the family, gradually the sameness of the existence will grate, certainly the media slagging will grate with her. It will just fade into disappointment and eventually some level of contempt and she will go. She has no motive to put up with it all when the thrill is gone. I doubt she feels trapped. She has no respect or understanding of the institution, she is a child of divorce with no ties to the country... she'll just go and get what she can on the way out the door.

by Anonymousreply 203October 27, 2018 2:42 PM

I didn't see anything mean about the video at 162. Meghan smiled at the woman, touched her arms, posed with her for the Australian Geographic photographer. Then when she went back to the podium, and she directed the audience's attention back to the woman for further applause. Meghan seemed warm enough to me. However, the resulting "award" photo probably looks more like two women at a Hollywood premiere party rather than a "business" photo. By contrast I saw a photo of Harry giving out an award at the same event. He gave the recipient a handshake with one hand as the other hand passed the award to the recipient. They were both looking at the camera as it flashed. This resulted in a much more framable "award" photo that one might hang in their business office underneath the award. I think Meghan just needs more training in "How to distribute awards while being photographed".

I still think she's a fame-hungry user, but I don't see that video as an example.

by Anonymousreply 204October 27, 2018 2:52 PM

I don't think she ever loved him, though. He's just a mark. Just like all her exes. It'll just be him slowly realizing that he's been had. Then he will have to figure out how to offload her, because she only leaves when a better opportunity comes along.

by Anonymousreply 205October 27, 2018 2:52 PM

R205 - I've always thought that her motives in hooking him have always been transparent, and she overacts on the PDA as compensation. My assessment of her is that she's been acting for so long in an effort to adopt whatever persona will get her the success she wants, that she can't stop. I doubt she's ever really loved anyone but the reflection in the mirror.

Meanwhile, at the closing of the IGs, MeAgain makes another speech in which, ironically, she talks up the importance of "family ties". She's wearing a quite decent simple dress that is, unfortunately, a drab olive greed. In cream or pale blue or blush it would have been lovely (the bump, again, is barely noticeable) but the drab colour ruins the effect.

R197 - do give us more info on the "meltdown" - was it just nerves or was it despair and second thoughts?

by Anonymousreply 206October 27, 2018 3:10 PM

^drab olive greeN (not greeD athough that might apply as well).

R206

by Anonymousreply 207October 27, 2018 3:11 PM

Drab olive greed is the color of her soul.

by Anonymousreply 208October 27, 2018 3:27 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 209October 27, 2018 3:30 PM

The fact that someone actually thinks Oscar de la Renta is still alive tells me everything about you posters.

by Anonymousreply 210October 27, 2018 3:34 PM

And an other horror to honor the wounded soldiers.

Kaki/military, you got it?

by Anonymousreply 211October 27, 2018 3:35 PM

Those are really ugly shoes.

Is this the end of the Sparkle and Dim vacation, er, tour?

Oh wait, they are on to New Zealand.

How do the Kiwis feel about the Royals redhead and his classless wife?

by Anonymousreply 212October 27, 2018 3:41 PM

I actually like the red top but those leggings have to go.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 213October 27, 2018 3:41 PM

She looks good on top (her hair is pulled back) and the color suits her. The bottom is a disaster: slut shoes with leggings. Calling the Kardashians!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 214October 27, 2018 3:43 PM

R211 - 1) that's "khaki" not "kaki" (the latter is what you find in a baby's soiled nappy).

2) actually it's not khaki - khaki is in the tan/light brown family, not green..

It's drab olive green, the silhouette and fit of the dress is quite nice on her as is the halter top, but the shoes are the last pair in the world someone with shapeless stick legs should wear.

She is, as usual, doing her best to occupy Centre Stage.

by Anonymousreply 215October 27, 2018 3:43 PM

Not as touchy feely. Has someone read them the riot act?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 216October 27, 2018 3:44 PM

Would a nice pair of black slacks have killed her?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 217October 27, 2018 3:45 PM

Good grief.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 218October 27, 2018 3:45 PM

Is she flattered or appalled? It's anyone's call.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 219October 27, 2018 3:46 PM

I like her hair in this style.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 220October 27, 2018 3:47 PM

R214 - yes, another mixed bag of hits and misses. The peplum-flared bottom blouse is a pretty shape, although I think the colour is a bit dull on her. But the top is a bit too short and her widening hips are expanding beyond the sides of the top. So it should have been longer. The tight black trousers and heels are awful. She always manages to sluticise outfits like this. Wide legged trousers over low-heeled pumps were the way to go with this outfit. She looks like a lollipop.

And I really don't care for the rust/red/brown colour. It doesn't liven up her complexion.

by Anonymousreply 221October 27, 2018 3:49 PM

R215 Yeah sorry, I'm french so sometimes I'm confused.

Kaki in french is the military color.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 222October 27, 2018 3:50 PM

R220 - Yes, I agree on this at least - the pulled back here showing her full face is a much better look than the hanging tendrils which always make it look as if she's trying to hide her face.

by Anonymousreply 223October 27, 2018 3:51 PM

A video of Meghan's speech. She's the Duchess of Sussex but she singles out an American athlete not a British one.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 224October 27, 2018 3:51 PM

R222 - ah, I see. Pas de problem . . .

by Anonymousreply 225October 27, 2018 3:52 PM

If people at KP really refer to her as Di2, I do wonder whether "Di2" is actually supposed to mean "Die, too" ...

by Anonymousreply 226October 27, 2018 3:52 PM

That color and those shoes. Words fail me.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 227October 27, 2018 3:52 PM

The sexy back is just unbelievable.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 228October 27, 2018 3:53 PM

Plastered fake smile doesn't reach her eyes.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 229October 27, 2018 3:55 PM

Nutmeg pretending the be interested in what Dimwit has to say.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 230October 27, 2018 3:56 PM

Nutmeg pretending the be interested in what Dimwit has to say.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 231October 27, 2018 3:56 PM

Of course, their wedding choir sings for the closing ceremony.

No Australian choir available?

by Anonymousreply 232October 27, 2018 4:02 PM

The shoes are straight jacket chic.

by Anonymousreply 233October 27, 2018 4:03 PM

In some closing ceremony pics, her hair looks neatly pulled back.

In others, her hair looks like she just emerged from a wind tunnel.

What gives?

by Anonymousreply 234October 27, 2018 4:06 PM

The olive dress is unlined and looks like it costs about $25.00.

by Anonymousreply 235October 27, 2018 4:08 PM

You know it doesn't cost $25.00.

by Anonymousreply 236October 27, 2018 4:16 PM

There's nothing wrong with the dress per se... just it further illustrates how clueless she is about what her job is.

by Anonymousreply 237October 27, 2018 4:18 PM

Notice that Harry is walking behind Meghan NOT holding her hand and helping her down the stairs. Yes, someone has had a little chat to knock off the excessive displays of affection.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 238October 27, 2018 4:19 PM

Summary of her outfit.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 239October 27, 2018 4:22 PM

A recipe for a potential disaster.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 240October 27, 2018 4:23 PM

Meghan's outfit would have been better if she wore the matching skirt.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 241October 27, 2018 4:25 PM

She dresses like a teenager. I also don’t understand her obsession with wearing slutty sundresses and house coats when performing royal duties.

Does wearing a regular dress feel too “grown up”? If so, why is she so attached to the idea of being a teenager— she is pushing 40!

by Anonymousreply 242October 27, 2018 4:25 PM

I'm sick of her peplum fixation. It's not flattering for her petite, boxy frame. The look is more suitable for a taller woman.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 243October 27, 2018 4:27 PM

Doesn't she have the same in green?

by Anonymousreply 244October 27, 2018 4:30 PM

R241, she's too fat for that skirt.

The entire ensemble would look gorgeous on Kate, though.

by Anonymousreply 245October 27, 2018 4:30 PM

Harry's over exuberant gestures are too much.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 246October 27, 2018 4:31 PM

This dress doesn't fit either.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 247October 27, 2018 4:32 PM

It's not polite to point.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 248October 27, 2018 4:32 PM

There's that "deer in the headlights" look again.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 249October 27, 2018 4:34 PM

How did she even get the idea to pair the very structured suit jacket and dressy heels with old, faded skinny jeans? What am I missing?

by Anonymousreply 250October 27, 2018 4:35 PM

I guess it could be worse. She could have worn ripped jeans and an oversize boyfriend shirt like she did at the Toronto Invictus Games.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 251October 27, 2018 4:39 PM

It’s LA style.

Even 60-year-olds dress like 20 year old surfer dudes and everyone has a severe case of arrested development (with all the trashiness and airheadedness that implies.)

by Anonymousreply 252October 27, 2018 4:43 PM

Compare R251's pic and the one starring her in black jeggins. You can see how much weight she has gained within a very short period of time - since the wedding, actually. She's becoming a chunky sow at an alarming rate - this is not just some rather normal baby fat you get when being pregnant.

by Anonymousreply 253October 27, 2018 4:46 PM

What’s with the olive green dress ? It looks cheap on her . She doesnt even look pregnant If you ask me . And than the slut shoes for someone who’s supposed to be pregnant not a good choice ! They will tell it costs a fortune .

by Anonymousreply 254October 27, 2018 4:49 PM

The "Harry Meltdown Before Wedding" was one of the subheads of the Daily Mail article about the new Prince Charles biography. It was not referred to in the article and now it's gone. Didn't imagine it, I promise.

by Anonymousreply 255October 27, 2018 4:52 PM

So she wore slut shoes to climb bleachers with no hand railing while pregnant?

Seems legit!

by Anonymousreply 256October 27, 2018 4:55 PM

I saw it too r255.

by Anonymousreply 257October 27, 2018 4:55 PM

Sometimes she has a belly and sometimes not . When you’re pregnant your belly is protuding . But not with nutmeg ! If she forgets to arch her back then you see nothing . She always had a belly even before dimwit .

by Anonymousreply 258October 27, 2018 5:08 PM

R255 I would be surprised if KP forced them to remove Harry's part.

by Anonymousreply 259October 27, 2018 5:20 PM

NOT be surprised, of course. ^^^

by Anonymousreply 260October 27, 2018 5:21 PM

Harry’s meltdown is still there as a sub-head, but the Mail is serializing the new bio, so presumably it will be discussed later.

by Anonymousreply 261October 27, 2018 5:42 PM

Do y'all remember all of that hullabaloo about Meghan closing her own car door breaching all sorts of HRH protocol? Here's how to upstage the "I'm American so I .... " duchess. The Princess Royal, Anne, closing the car door before approaching the church, at her wedding, no less. Who knew Anne could have the "common touch?" So no nonsense

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 262October 27, 2018 5:48 PM

I live Anne. So wish she were going to be Queen.

Maybe Charles will kick off before Betty?

by Anonymousreply 263October 27, 2018 5:51 PM

R36 kids have school.

by Anonymousreply 264October 27, 2018 5:57 PM

Harry may be some kind of unholy mentally messed up mess and that's why this is allowed to go on, but it looks like spoiled brat syndrome to me. Moody as shit, which is why all of those who think Harry is some poor little rich boy exploited by the Evil Meg and her manipulations stay on the hook. When he looks grim or sad around her, it's "oh, what she's doing to him! Rescue him!" and then when he ups the ante and doubles down himself on the pda (such as his hand on the upper inside of her knee when they were on the boat) - it's, oh, he has to play along.

Nonsense. Even if he is some mess of dim, spoiled and "what are we going to do with Harry" - he is responsible. His whole problem seems to me that he's always the victim, he whines his ass off, he never steps up. She's probably running the show because he can't be bothered, and if they both look like asses he prefers that to actually stepping up and being an adult who makes decisions and follows through. He totally looks like "It's just easier to go along with what she wants." He totally wants stuff done for him, and resents when he has to do stuff. Been like that all his life.

by Anonymousreply 265October 27, 2018 6:02 PM

[quote][R36] kids have school

So, what are you trying to say? She still took them out of school for this sojourn. She's plastered them all over Instagram during the trip down under. I'm sure she still followed curriculum standards and personally schooled them in hotel rooms as per Canadian law, correct? Or at least the invisible tutor did.

by Anonymousreply 266October 27, 2018 6:10 PM

R248. I finally noticed that when Harry wants to seem engaged and involved, he points. You know how Meghan talks to herself, or reacts and smiles at phantom conversations because people aren't talking to her? When Harry wants to seem energized and interested, he leans over and points at something. Bet anything if you followed the direction of his pointing arm, we wouldn't see anything to point at. It's one of his camera moves.

by Anonymousreply 267October 27, 2018 6:16 PM

R266, what I'm saying is that is probably why she had to go back to Toronto sooner rather than later. Yeah, she can pull them out for an "opportunity" like this trip, and make sure they stay up on their schoolwork, but she probably had to get them back and couldn't keep them away for the duration.

by Anonymousreply 268October 27, 2018 6:18 PM

Those shoes that she is wearing with the Green dress, are they the same shoes that Doria was wearing when she visited that event in the KP grounds near the stables?

by Anonymousreply 269October 27, 2018 6:23 PM

Close r269. I just looked up Doria at KP and hers have the same huge clunky ankle strap that looks like manacles but she has a block heel while Merchagain has the 6” stiletto stripper heel.

by Anonymousreply 270October 27, 2018 6:34 PM

R262, Thanks for that clip. I loved it! They all look so happy! And Anne doesn't mess around!

by Anonymousreply 271October 27, 2018 6:53 PM

I think it's time to say it. Harry has plainly inherited all the nutty parts of his mother.

by Anonymousreply 272October 27, 2018 6:58 PM

Harry certainly comes across like a cokehead.

Why can’t he have his clothes pressed and get a haircut?

by Anonymousreply 273October 27, 2018 7:19 PM

and do up the button on his suit jacket and resole his shoes?

by Anonymousreply 274October 27, 2018 7:22 PM

He's cheap and probably doesn't want to pay proper wages for help.

If stories about Sparkle being a bitch are true, wouldn't they have trouble keeping people?

Who would put up with that shit for a pittance of wages these days?

by Anonymousreply 275October 27, 2018 7:57 PM

She can be pretty at times but I have a strange feeling that underneath that exterior is a very ruthless and ambitious woman.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 276October 27, 2018 8:15 PM

Ruthless, sure.

But ambitious, I don’t know. Ambitious people don’t become professional skanks, which is what she was prior to marrying Harry.

She’s like millions of delusional people (especially in LA) who think they are super special and deserve to have things given to them.

by Anonymousreply 277October 27, 2018 8:23 PM

R277 - in an interview, Meghan said she had two things in common with her Suits character Rachel: she loved shoes and she was ambitious. Yep, she admitted it herself.

Why do you think she uses people and then drops them when they're no longer useful?

Do you think she would bother with Harry if he wasn't WHAT he was?

People are stepping stones for her ambitions to be realized.

by Anonymousreply 278October 27, 2018 8:32 PM

I sparkle and YOU don't.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 279October 27, 2018 8:33 PM

I'm Special you know.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 280October 27, 2018 8:37 PM

I'm off to the prom...oh wait...I'm off my rocker for wearing this dress.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 281October 27, 2018 8:38 PM

She is such an AMBITIOUS asshole!

by Anonymousreply 282October 27, 2018 8:44 PM

R272 - he certainly has. And then some. And then he married someone with his mother's issues.

I think this is exposing the British Royal Family as do nothing. I want never to read another article about the queen forbids this or that again. Ever. Clearly if someone wants to say fuck it to that, nothing happens.

by Anonymousreply 283October 27, 2018 8:49 PM

R278 there's nothing wrong with ambition. Problem with her ambition is the form it takes. She wants to be able to treat people like shit because she's more important. She wants to be famous and to have all the markers of fame - such as massive security because people want to be near her, and private this and that, and special entrances and access. All status. And she wants someone else to pay for absolutely everything. And with all of that she wants to be seen as serious and important, but in an editorial way - you know, making speech with the light behind her a certain way - the key is literally SEEN as important and serious, not literally be that.

by Anonymousreply 284October 27, 2018 8:58 PM

R258, she certainly DID. Here she is sporting the “7-months along” look in 2013.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 285October 27, 2018 9:06 PM

Again

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 286October 27, 2018 9:07 PM

Listen, if MM wasn't ruthlessly ambitious she would have ended up a miserable person who squandered her youth and talents, kind of like her siblings.

Those "In Touch" interviews that her brother did that are on YouTube explain a lot about the Markle family and what MM is hiding. The stories about her father going to Thailand are very telling. She rose out of considerable dysfunction. Apart from her complex relationships with her family members, you don't hear stories about her treating crew members like trash or hurting people.

She wanted better for herself and worked for it. I can't knock her for that. Her brother is middle-aged and still blaming his father for his unhappiness.

MM looked lovely on the tour. She did very well.

by Anonymousreply 287October 27, 2018 9:11 PM

R287, when will you finally realise you can't win anyone over with your sugary shit, you fucking Zuckerschneckenarschloch?

by Anonymousreply 288October 27, 2018 9:16 PM

R286, look closely, Harry. This is what your beloved Merchghan will look like from now on. Now that's she's got the ring on the finger, there's not need for her to stay slim. She got fat before - she'll get fat again.

by Anonymousreply 289October 27, 2018 9:18 PM

Just noticed that from the wrong angle and lighting that bird dress was see through. You could see her boney little legs all the way up. It seems like her team were somewhat overzealous in ensuring that she was photographed from the right angle.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 290October 27, 2018 9:21 PM

From ^

[Quote]Leading the royal entourage is expatriate Australian Samantha Cohen, who is the royal couple's private secretary and has worked with the royal family for nearly 20 years. She is joined on the tour by deputy private secretary Amy Pickerill, three communications staffers, a program co-ordinator, an orderly for their sea of luggage, personal assistants, [bold]London celebrity hairdresser George Northwood [/bold]and someone billed as a "digital officer", who is presumably running their Instagram account.

Now we know who's responsible for the dangling tendrils.

by Anonymousreply 291October 27, 2018 10:32 PM

Remind you of anything?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 292October 27, 2018 10:46 PM

I liked the bird dress, though the view of her wishbones seemed inappropriate for the task at hand and I hated the length of the dress. It would have worked better at the knee or to the floor. And not on her.

by Anonymousreply 293October 27, 2018 10:47 PM

I did not see the bird dress at the link above?

It was lined, you can see the lining caught up on one side in some photos, at about her knee. Odd that it would be see through with the lining, maybe it was the lights.

by Anonymousreply 294October 27, 2018 11:25 PM

In reference to the pregnancy poll on another thread, I think it's anybody's guess, although if she is with spawn it is most certainly IVF. But if she is, she is not yet showing and because she wanted to do the stomach rubbing and cradling madonna routine, she has padded her ass and her boobs. But pregnant woman don't just gain in their erogoneous zones, and Markle's face, ankles, etc. haven't changed at all.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 295October 27, 2018 11:25 PM
by Anonymousreply 296October 28, 2018 1:28 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 297October 28, 2018 2:25 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 298October 28, 2018 2:30 AM

So today it is reported (in the Times) that William and Harry are divorcing.

No, seriously. They are in the process of separating KP into separate households and offices. Now, I didn't know they were united, but I guess they were what with the Royal Foundation and Heads Together. So forget that asinine "Fab Four". The report says they are very different people (William and Harry) with a different outlook on life, and now that both have families of their own....

This can easily be spun as a plus for Harry - he and Smeggy have proved they are an independent force! But it really isn't. No more William and Kate to royal them up. Or bail them out. They are on their own and if the recent tour is an indicator. GOOD LUCK. An anon on tumblr (the one who reported why Smeggy is merching) said there were many complaints to BP or whoever is in charge re the Harkles demands, behavior and comportment during the tour. What this will mean, essentially, is the Harkles will get less "help" (i.e. money).

I could see William and Harry divorcing even if both couples were successful and the Harkles weren't freaks. What I think is very interesting is the timing of the announcement - on the heels of the tour and before H&Smeg are back home. It reads like a comment on how they handled it.

by Anonymousreply 299October 28, 2018 2:38 AM

R297

Those ugly shoes again!

She has such skinny legs that one would think she would not want to call attention to them with those shoes!

by Anonymousreply 300October 28, 2018 2:40 AM

Those shoes remind me of the cheap eBay shoes I bought my daughter for her Barbie once.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 301October 28, 2018 2:42 AM

pubic = public at r298, obvs.

by Anonymousreply 302October 28, 2018 2:42 AM

Harry did that pubic event in Vegas one time...

by Anonymousreply 303October 28, 2018 2:44 AM

I'm still hoping that Sparkle and Dim will not get that big apartment next door to William and Kate.

Given their poor performance on this tour, perhaps a delay can be arranged.

Think of it...

Princess Anne went one on one with a kidnapper.

The Queen handled a stranger walking into her bedroom at night.

Edward VIII (later the Duke of Windsor) handled shots fired at him while he was riding in a procession.

And The Queen carried on after hearing what were assumed to be shots fired at he while riding down the Mall.

But Sparkle must be removed by security from a public market full of women and children in Fiji for unknown reasons.

Not a positive sight.

And very insulting to their hosting country.

by Anonymousreply 304October 28, 2018 2:47 AM

R297 Kate's hair wasn't the problem on windy tarmacs. Her problem on windy tarmacs were the floaty skirts she insisted on wearing. "Fuddy duddy" "shy" Kate has managed to put the K in Exhibitionist on more than one occasion.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 305October 28, 2018 2:49 AM

Is there a link r299? would love to read that. Or is the Times behind a pay firewall.

Someone here or on another thread mentioned this, that their offices are splitting off. Which means more $ spent, since any staff that are currently shared will have to word for one team or the other.

by Anonymousreply 306October 28, 2018 2:50 AM

Dorito will become Dimwit and Bean's nanny and office manager.

by Anonymousreply 307October 28, 2018 2:52 AM

Here's the story from "The Times".

Headline

[quote] PRINCES HARRY AND WILLIAM TO CALL IT A DAY FOR THEIR DOUBLE ACT.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 308October 28, 2018 2:59 AM

Here's the link to The Times. You can read a couple of paragraphs. Talks about setting up 2 "courts."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 309October 28, 2018 3:00 AM

Harry used to look genuinely happy with his brother and Catherine. Maybe it was all put on. This seems a bit sad somehow. He seems to be losing a lot of relationships, or experiencing change in them, from family and friends, all for someone who likely does not love him. Given that he seems quite young for his age, and lost his mother as a child, I imagine it would take a toll. Yet the sleep tracking ring is constantly on display...Did he not KNOW of her debts until close to the wedding date (if that story is true?) Was he so determined to rescue? If the story about her taking photos in private areas and being booted by Charles is true, it is surprising and sad that things were allowed to continue to this point. When people show you who they are, you had best believe them.

by Anonymousreply 310October 28, 2018 3:13 AM

Very intriguing. Haz & Sparks have only been married, what - 4 months? You'd think they'd want to keep combined efforts for at least the first couple of years. To at least help Meghan get up to speed, and fully comfortable.

What 'different directions' is this piece referring to? It's the Times, so the sources are likely impeccable. Eventually William and Kate would need an expanded and separate staff to match their roles as Prince and Princess of Wales, but its still a few years away. Kate is still working only pt while their kids are so small.

I wonder who initiated this, William or Haz?

by Anonymousreply 311October 28, 2018 3:15 AM

And should add, this really means FOUR courts: Buck Palace and the Queen's office; Clarence House and Charles's (increasingly coming to the fore and combining with his mother's as she ages); Wiliam and Kate's at KP; and HazBean's.

That's a lot of competing factions at the top. There are a lot of family politics here to consider. Charles's office for years fought with his mother's, often at loggerheads; this obvs has subsided a lot as he's taken on many of her duties and responsibilities. In recent years, it was rumors of Charles's CH people sparring with William and Harry's at KP, with the majority of the tension between Charles and William.

Is there sides being taken here? Haz & Bean lining up behind Dad, the future monarch who currently is de facto family lead?

by Anonymousreply 312October 28, 2018 3:20 AM

Interesting question, R312. Any of our posters from the UK want to hazard a guess?

by Anonymousreply 313October 28, 2018 3:27 AM

There is no reason NOT to hope. They're not getting that apartment. It is occupied by the Gloucesters. When the queen passes, Kate and Will will move to Clarence House, and perhaps then H&M will get big KP digs. If they keep this up they may end up with the same deal as the Windsors - Queenie will make Harry ambassador to Los Angeles or something and make him live there.

by Anonymousreply 314October 28, 2018 3:28 AM

Interestng that the "two courts" announcement was made while MerchAgain and Dimwit are literally en route to New Zealand.

by Anonymousreply 315October 28, 2018 3:53 AM

Actually the honeymooners are just landing in NZ now.

by Anonymousreply 316October 28, 2018 3:54 AM

They're in NZ doing formal greetngs.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 317October 28, 2018 3:56 AM

Not from the UK, R313, but did notice that Charles has a new biography coming out. He apparently cooperated with the author (basically sanctions it). Anyway, one of the teasers of the book describes Harry's "meltdown" before the wedding. It doesn't seem like it will put him in a good light. All that to say, I think the whole family is closing ranks against Meghan and Harry. They'll try to minimize their exposure until the inevitable divorce.

by Anonymousreply 318October 28, 2018 3:57 AM

I get that feeling too r318. They seem to be distancing themselves from the messy fallout. I think they can see right through her and Harry refused to listen to warnings so they’re leaving him to it.

by Anonymousreply 319October 28, 2018 4:00 AM

MerchAgain is wearing a Kiwi designer.

"A Kensington Palace representative told media the Duchess was wearing a dress by ASOS Maternity and a coat by Kiwi fashion designer Karen Walker."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 320October 28, 2018 4:06 AM

Playing with her clothes while trying to control the flying tendrils.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 321October 28, 2018 4:10 AM

Does she have to ruin every outfit with rolled up sleeves?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 322October 28, 2018 4:12 AM

Back in black.

A maternity dress looks silly. As usual, looked much better on the model.

by Anonymousreply 323October 28, 2018 4:14 AM

Two hands to hold her hair now.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 324October 28, 2018 4:17 AM

And return of the hand holding.

by Anonymousreply 325October 28, 2018 4:18 AM

First shot out of the plane is her damn hair.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 326October 28, 2018 4:21 AM

So she needs a dress for getting on the plane (a high necked burgundy disaster) and a different dress for getting off the plane ( the sloppy trench and too short LBD)? She really doesn’t know her place, him either for that matter? What surprises me is say what you will about Diana, but she did instill the importance of the boys place in history regarding the monarchy. You would think that Harry would have more respect for protocol and the ways things work. He wants his part in the family, but is basically saying ‘fuck you’ to the way things are done.

by Anonymousreply 327October 28, 2018 4:22 AM

Royal itinerary

October 28

• Arrive

• Welcome at Government House

• Wreath-laying ceremony at Pukeahu

• National War Memorial Park

• Reception hosted by the Governor-General

October 29

• Visit Maranui Cafe at Lyall Bay

• Travel to Abel Tasman National Park

• Beach barbecue with schoolchildren

• Return to Wellington for an encounter with young people

October 30

• Travel to Redvale on Auckland's North Shore

• Join children in a gumboot-throwing contest

• Visit Pillars, which supports children with a parent in prison

• Wander around Viaduct Harbour

• Reception hosted by the Prime Minister

October 31

• Visit Te Papaiouru Marae in Rotorua

• Check out Rainbow Springs

• Public meet and greet Rotorua Government Gardens

• Visit Redwoods Treewalk

• Return to Auckland

November 1

• Leave

by Anonymousreply 328October 28, 2018 4:34 AM

R328- she’ll need at least 20 more outfits!

by Anonymousreply 329October 28, 2018 4:38 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 330October 28, 2018 4:47 AM

Yes r330. Good eye!

by Anonymousreply 331October 28, 2018 4:54 AM

That's the rare question-mark tendril. We never get to see it because she's always so sure of herself, but someone must have just told her about the article in the Times.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 332October 28, 2018 4:57 AM

R314

[quote] When the queen passes, Kate and Will will move to Clarence House, and perhaps then H&M will get big KP digs.

I thought the story was that Charles wants to NOT live at Buckingham Palace. Apparently they all hate the place. When the Queen's father died, she and Philip wanted to stay at Clarence House which had just been renovated and was more livable.

But given her youth and inexperience, she could not resists when the Prime Minister then Churchill insisted that they must live at Buckingham Palace.

Doubtful that Charles will want to live there.

So, will he stay at Clarence House, leaving Will and Kate at KP?

Given this "separation" of William and Harry, I am hoping that indicates no big KP apartment for Sparkle and Harry. No connecting doors to Will and Kate's apartment, etc.

by Anonymousreply 333October 28, 2018 5:01 AM

Buck House (as Londoners call it) is undergoing major renovations at the moment so it would be unlikely for it to be mothballed.

by Anonymousreply 334October 28, 2018 5:04 AM

Isn't the plan to turn Buck House into a permanent museum?

by Anonymousreply 335October 28, 2018 5:10 AM

I'm thinking that Wills and Kate want to separate from the Ginger Sparkle sideshow partly because they presently share staff. It would be easier to gather some gossip with shared staff and if one has one's own staff, then any leakages can be more easily identified.

So looking forward to how this all plays out.

by Anonymousreply 336October 28, 2018 6:05 AM

Quite aside from their inappropriateness or ill-suitedness to her figure, what really strikes me is how ugly nearly all her clothes are. With a few exceptions, I wouldn't wear most of them if they were given to me, despite the label and price tag.

by Anonymousreply 337October 28, 2018 6:05 AM

I predicted months ago that the Cambridges would separate themselves from the Harkles due to the awful publicity MM and her ghastly family had generated, from months before the wedding. So much for family unity! But who can blame them? Harry's on his own with this one. But it's sad, because Harry, Wills and Kate had been a team for over 15 years. I bet Kate doesn't even let MM get near her kids.

by Anonymousreply 338October 28, 2018 6:10 AM

I really don't understand her total lack of fashion sense...the only talent she seems to have is to pick the absolute WORST thing to wear.

As a celebrity you have basically 3 main options: Be polished and very groomed like most politicians/business leaders (like the rest of the Royals dress) or be high fashion like many A list actors or be high fashion/trashy like musicians and reality stars.

But, she goes this absolutely WEIRD way involving earth tones and clothes that never fit properly. Like an office manager who got a raise and starts shopping at the nicer stores in the mall.

She's one of the few people who can make high end clothes look awful....which really makes no sense because she IS an attractive young-ish woman with a decent body (albeit problematic figure flaws) and access to money and HELP.

by Anonymousreply 339October 28, 2018 6:58 AM

I'm not surprised the BRF wants two different Houses for the Cambs and the HazzBeans, but the timing is weird.

Why are they announcing it in the middle of a Tour? They say they would separate in May after the baby's birth, two Houses for two families so it's quite logical.

But it looks to me like William had enough of the bullshit and officially dumped Harry at the worst time when he is in the middle of the Tour in the opposite side of the planet.

HazzBeans come back in November gonna be interesting, the BRF must be pissed.

And I also wonder about the £££££££, how much £££££ will their House get? Will Meghan be obliged to cut her spending? Gonna be juicy.

by Anonymousreply 340October 28, 2018 7:55 AM

Wow. If William has dumped Harry then what on earth does that say about their relationship? And yes, the timing is highly suspect. All of it seems so...dire. I wonder if William has attempted to talk about the situation with Harry and been dismissed. Can a mean, badly-dressed dipshit like Meghan come between the brothers?

by Anonymousreply 341October 28, 2018 8:11 AM

Well, among other things, the separation means two separate Twitter accounts.

The scenario of late has been that Sparkle has been handling the KP Twitter account (sounding very American) which would have been extremely irritating if the account is to reflect on both households. Would William and Kate be happy with Sparkle's bon mots being attributed to them?

The bitchy pregnancy announcement timed to garner attention away from Eugenie on her wedding day would have enraged plenty pf people in the RF - especially given the "now you see it, now you don't" baby bump during the tour.

Add to that the insulting "security scare" in Fiji in that open air market. What an insulting thing to do to your hosts and the people who wait so long to see you. I would bet that the Queen was particularly incensed by that episode.

Sparkle and Dim are supposed to be connecting to the young people of the Commonwealth and her behavior there hardly speaks well of her attitude toward those very people.

I still say how the RF handles that big apartment 1 in KP will speak volumes.

If they are truly appalled at the performances of Sparkle and Harry down under, - that awful slit up the crotch beach cover up dress!!!!! among other things- then the Gloucesters will be staying in place and the renovations will be mysteriously delayed.

by Anonymousreply 342October 28, 2018 8:23 AM

I think Will and Kate told Harry he should wait a bit before marrying Meghan to be sure she was the right one. He didn't and I suppose William thinks Harry is now old enough to take care of himself.

+ Meghan's huge influence. Meghan is used to dump people, she doesn't care about being estranged or ghosting people. I can see her influence here telling Harry to not listen to William cause he doesn't need him anyway.

There's now tons of stories about Harry giving up his old friends. She's isolating him so it's gonna be them against the world.

by Anonymousreply 343October 28, 2018 8:39 AM

Starting with that Vanity Fair article, Meghan has handled ALL of this with astonishing ineptitude. Almost every single thing she's done (with the possible exception of the fucking cookbook), has been in appalling bad taste. It's literally mind-numbing. Granted, she has yet to step out onto the Buckingham Palace balcony and moon the world, but at this point who would bat an eye if she did? That's how ridiculous it's gotten. Remember the Dave Chappelle character on SNL - the Jheri Curl guy who used to crash parties and always carried a bag of hooch in a paper bag? That's Meghan.

by Anonymousreply 344October 28, 2018 8:40 AM

She's isolating him so it's gonna be them against the world.

THIS. In a nutshell.

by Anonymousreply 345October 28, 2018 8:42 AM

The cookbook is at the same time well-meaning and trashy.

It would be lovely if all the other Hollywood famewhores didn't have their own cookbook.

Meghan wants the TIG back, she wants to blog the Duchess lifestyle. She would have had her own TIG cookbook before if she could.

by Anonymousreply 346October 28, 2018 8:46 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 347October 28, 2018 9:38 AM

This page is hilarious.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 348October 28, 2018 10:11 AM

This coat is depressing.

by Anonymousreply 349October 28, 2018 10:13 AM

Trust me don’t be sorry for him . He wanted nutmeg . She ‘s a lesbian and they have an agreement . He can go secretly visit boys and do drugs and she can merch the hell out of anything . I think he thought he could control her but she’s controlling him . And now its a shitfest that’s gonna blow up in his face

by Anonymousreply 350October 28, 2018 10:21 AM

The family was probably well done of Meghan before the wedding. But they had to go through the motions of welcoming her lest she claim they shunned her a la Diana or worse, that they are racist. Now they can fade them into obscurity and Harry and Meghan will be hard pressed to come up with a decent complaint. All the firm has to say is that William and Kate take precedence because of their future roles. With this move they'll probably curtail their staff and funding. They'll probably arrange it so that Harry and Meghan have few patronages, therefore, few opportunities for exposure. Maybe they'll use the press to drop little unsavory tidbits about Meghan's past. Since exposure seems to be the only reason Meghan is with Harry, she will hopefully get fed up and leave.

by Anonymousreply 351October 28, 2018 11:43 AM

That's why I don't understand it when people say she's playing the royal family like a pro. No, she's not. They're playing her, and she doesn't even realize it.

by Anonymousreply 352October 28, 2018 11:50 AM

Agreed R352. They're playing the long game. It's going to be fun when she does realize she's been played. Her acting abilities are so lacking that she probably won't be able to hide her anger.

by Anonymousreply 353October 28, 2018 12:18 PM

Maybe they'll pay her off,she'll go back to the states or Canada abd leave the baby with the BRF.That's the best case scenario.

by Anonymousreply 354October 28, 2018 12:44 PM

Agree, R350. Do you think it is a time limited contract or one with an open end?

The reality of parenting is not going to sit well with either of them.

He is too old to act like a teen and far too young for a midlife crisis.

Harry is like an angry child in the body of an adult man.

by Anonymousreply 355October 28, 2018 12:46 PM

The child is going to be raised by nannies or Doria anyway.

I think Harry gonna be the kind of father who plays from time to time with the child but won't be involved with the hard stuff like punishment and child's tantrums.

Meghan's will be the 'hard working" barely there mum even if she doesn't work much.

by Anonymousreply 356October 28, 2018 1:32 PM

Thanks to the poster who linked to the hairdresser 's instagram page. He favors tendrils and piecey long hair. It might work if the rest of her, clothes etc, fit well but they don't so she comes off sloppy.

There are *plenty* of photos of Kate with her hair blowing around her face, especially when she wore it longer. But since she has very thick hair, it falls back into place.

The timing of the announcement of the separation is weird, they couldn't wait until the baby was born to make it more natural? So do they come home and find there's no staff? Not moving into the Gloucester apartment would be the real telltale.

by Anonymousreply 357October 28, 2018 1:41 PM

R354 I don't think she'll ever leave. She'll have an anchor baby so she'll stay in the UK and live on the fringes of the RF like a Fergie Part Duh. She'll go back on social media and live vicariously through her sprog/s. They'll give her a generous settlement so she won't have to sell juicers like Fergs but she won't go away.

by Anonymousreply 358October 28, 2018 1:43 PM

The timing of the announcement was telling. Doors are closing in their faces; it'll be interesting to see if the Gloucester apartment door is one of them.

by Anonymousreply 359October 28, 2018 1:43 PM

I can't see it though. The Gloucesters are "cousins", their kids are grown and presumably living elsewhere. They don't need 20 rooms (well nobody does). Since the two households are separating, that means H and M will need offices for staff. So yeah, they're going to end up next door to Will and Kate.

by Anonymousreply 360October 28, 2018 1:56 PM

Ugh. Seems dysfunctional to have them living next to each other that way.

Maybe HazBean will get apartments elsewhere?

On the other hand, the cousins can grow up together.

by Anonymousreply 361October 28, 2018 2:33 PM

It's a Firm, not a real family. I doubt they even know what family really means.

by Anonymousreply 362October 28, 2018 2:38 PM

There is no way William and Kate will live next to Meghan. She can't be trusted not to divulge personal details about the family.

by Anonymousreply 363October 28, 2018 2:48 PM

[quote]That's why I don't understand it when people say she's playing the royal family like a pro. No, she's not. They're playing her, and she doesn't even realize it.

That's what I started thinking as the summer went along and no pics of MerchAgain in the Queen's Bentley going to church. Everybody was photographed en route to church. They got a photo of Philip to drive it home "this is the family or 'firm' and the family or 'firm' is intact." This was at the height of the daily media onslaught by the Markles. I was waiting every day for the Palace to do something but they just left the bad stories roll in every sngle day without any pushback.

by Anonymousreply 364October 28, 2018 2:50 PM

R295 - again with the IVF? What do you mean "most certainly by IVF"? Do you have X-Ray vision and a medical degree so that you can see the state of her ovaries and uterus? She wasn't yet 40 years old, women her age get pregnant through sexual intercourse every day of the bloody week, and that "most certainly" reeks of conspiracy theorist nonsense. She got pregnant right on schedule after the wedding, IVF takes a large physical and emotional toll, has fairly high failure rate - the idea that she got pregnant exactly on schedule at 37 because she was using IVF is utter nonsense.

And I say this as someone who absolutely despises her. Either produce a report from a fertility clinic treating her, or stop using phrases like "almost certainly by IVF". It is medically misleading, as well as unlikely given the timing of the pregnancy amidst the rest of their year since the engagement. Much as many of dislike her, the woman got pregnant for the first at 37 exactly when she wanted to. End of.

Now - can we return to her absurd wardrobe. The black dress she wore giving her (in my view, endlessly ironic given her history of only moving forward in life because of the men she fucked) feminist speech in NZ was another Black Widow cocktail dress. It's pretty, of course, but her incessant wearing of black just sucks.

I actually liked the plaid trench coat - just not on her. It's, again, for a taller woman with a small waist and not too much up top. Most trenches make most women look like boxes - it's one of those male looks that are charming on the right woman, but not on most women because of all the cloth, flaps, buttons, belt buckles, etc., let alone one who is short, naturally has no waist, is four months pregnant, with an exploding bosom.

Re William and Harry separating their "courts", which means their PR operations and private staff, my guess is that this was a natural eventuality once both were married - the brothers as a "unit" would have been questionable as they had families and their roles became more distinct (one heading for Heir Apparent status and the other playing a secondary hierarchical role). But I'd be surprised if this weren't also being driven by, as I suspect, William, Kate, and the rest of the senior royals unable to stand Meghan Markle and her hard driving increasingly unhidden enjoyment of and craving for the limelight, her pretensions, her extravagance, and her domination of Harry. She is rapidly eclipsing him just as Diana eclipsed Charles. She was the undoubted focus of the IGs, not the athletes.

Those of you talking about "contracts" and Sparkle departing any time soon are off your rockers. She has nothing to lose and everything to gain by hanging on as HRH the Duchess of Sussex for the rest of her life. She's pushing 40. She needs to push a couple of kids out of the oven and settle in to her life of luxury and privilege - she'll never get a better gig than this and she knows it. As for her being a lesbian and Harry gay: no proof whatsoever.

The only things fairly enough evident are his immaturity, stupidity, and susceptibility, and her narcissism, shallow cleverness, hypocrisy, and skill at manipulation.

The Great Feminist: her first husband got her the only real acting job she ever had, and her second one got her the A-List status she's always craved, her lifestyle, her title, her social status, her security - her first step up she owed to one man, and her second and major step up she owed to her second husband.

You couldn't make it up.

by Anonymousreply 365October 28, 2018 2:53 PM

R360 - I thought from the beginning that was the outcome. I'm sure they didn't want to make it look too quickly as if Meghan was pushing out the Gloucesters. But with the first baby on the way, I'm sure that within a short time the Gloucesters will be gracefully relocated, and the Sussexes and Cambridges will be, however much Kate, especially, dislikes the idea, will be close neighbours.

Every effort within reason will be taken to be sure there is no suggestion of treating the brothers differently in order to avoid the perception that Meghan is being treated as "less than" because she's American and mixed race. Of course, when Charles ascends the Throne, he moves to Buck House and the Cambridges, by then Prince and Princess of Wales, get Clarence House, which is actually grander and statelier than KP - and, of course, will be theirs alone, not shared with relatives.

HM has got to get out of the way, and soon; the position she has left Charles in is horrific.

I read the excerpts from the Johnson book on Charles in the DM. Look forward to reading the entire thing.

What was interesting was Charles's awareness nearly from the get-go of how abysmally mismatched he and Diana were. Given my belief that family history always repeats itself in at least one descendant, and it's clear that it hasn't repeated itself in William and the low-key, no-drama, demure Kate, Harry and Meghan are the likely candidates.

by Anonymousreply 366October 28, 2018 3:06 PM

What is the point of that book and his whinging? What an embarrassment Charles is! Cue the worlds tiniest violin.

Even if every word is true (at least from his perspective), what is to be gained by putting this out there? He has children and grandchildren. Let the past be the past and have some dignity.

What a bunch of nutters they all seem to be. From sleazy Andy to wet Charles to off the chain Harry. No sense of self discipline or dignity or care for the impact of their actions on others. Charles is a bigger danger to the monarchy than Sparkle could ever be.He has always been quite odd but to do this seems addled and impaired.

by Anonymousreply 367October 28, 2018 3:29 PM

It's hard to imagine Harry cooped up in a three bedroom house with that wife, her mother and a squalling baby. They'll find some place bigger for them. They could do the country house, Buckingham Palace route... Edward and Sophie and Princess Anne both have suites within the Palace. Not sure that is suitable for a young family but who can say what Meagain wants?

by Anonymousreply 368October 28, 2018 3:31 PM

R367 - What's to be gained from putting that out there? Charles was painted as the villain in all this and it's to be expected that at the end of his life he'd like more of the truth of the matter to come out. He may be rich and privileged but he's also human. To those of us who saw from the beginning what a narcissistic phoney Diana was and how badly matched they were, a bit more nuance to the story is refreshing - otherwise, the St. Diana Myth goes on forever. Perhaps, personally, Charles believes that his sons should know that he suffered from this terrible mistake, as well as them.

Children are notorious for not seeing parents as human beings. Parents are often wounded by this. Perhaps Charles is like other human parents and believes his children should know that he is a human being with feelings, like them, and like their mother.

As for the "nutters" - well, welcome to the world of human families. You know any families without them?

by Anonymousreply 369October 28, 2018 3:36 PM

R368 - Buck House is being renovated, suites there at any rate are not appropriate for a growing family of secondary royals. Pss. Anne is the Princess Royal and the Sovereign's daughter, but her suite there is for when she needs accommodation in London, her home base is an estate in Gloucestershire, not far from Charles's HIghgrove estate - which Diana hated.

I'm sure the Queen will get the Sussexes a country home, something nice but smaller than the Cambridge's place, Anmer House in Norfolk (which is where Sandringham is, so close to the Queen's Easter hol. estate), and they will, inevitably, end up in a large flat in KP as their London base.

by Anonymousreply 370October 28, 2018 3:39 PM

She's trying so hard to wave at the people on the tarmac but she can't see them. Hair, hair everywhere!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 371October 28, 2018 3:43 PM

Members of the Royal Family usually don't stoop to indulging the throngs but these two attention whores have no problem with selfies.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 372October 28, 2018 3:45 PM

Her bird legs look swollen here especially her knees.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 373October 28, 2018 3:46 PM

Sorry I may have spoken too soon.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 374October 28, 2018 3:47 PM

Both are in a "bubble" of their own.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 375October 28, 2018 3:48 PM

Giving her "feminist" speech under the watchful eye of The Queen.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 376October 28, 2018 3:48 PM

Whatever he hoped to gain, R369, he comes off badly and as weak, to boot. Silence would have at least allowed him the figleaf of dignity. Now he seems no better than her in running to the press to get what, validation? The woman has been dead for decades, trashing her, the mother of your kids, DOES NOT make people like you more or think well of you. Whether you are Prince Charles or some regular person. The need for external validation and to turn all opportunities into the victim Olympics is quite pathetic in a pensioner. Charles never grew up, likely Harry will not either.

by Anonymousreply 377October 28, 2018 3:49 PM

Always fucking fixing her hair even when she's speaking.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 378October 28, 2018 3:49 PM

Charles was, is and always will be a SPOILED, SELFISH and SELF-PITYING piece of shit.

His mother, The Queen, thinks he's "hopeless" as well and she should know.

by Anonymousreply 379October 28, 2018 3:52 PM

She needs to borrow a hairnet and some color

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 380October 28, 2018 3:53 PM

R369, his children are unlikely to become more sympathetic to his perspective when reading about it in the NEWSPAPER.

We cannot control how others view us but we can certainly act with dignity and class. Not speaking ill of the other parent of your children or speaking ill of the dead are both social norms for a reason.

His parents read Charles correctly as wet. He has done a lot of harm to himself with this campaign. It is just distasteful on so many levels.

by Anonymousreply 381October 28, 2018 3:53 PM

Agree, R379.

Harry is not unlike his father.

by Anonymousreply 382October 28, 2018 3:55 PM

R377 - He didn't trash her: he acknowledged that they were hopelessly mismatched and he'd made a mistake. Diana's personality issues have been outlined by several previous biographers: it's only news to people stubbornly clinging to the image of Diana as a martyred saint. You might read the book before making judgements.

He doesn't need a figleaf; if anything, his mother's refusal to step aside has subjected him to far more indignity than admitting his marriage was a terrible mistake. I suspect you're one of Diana's acolytes and you're angry at the public getting any more information about how miserable she made Charles, and that the beloved Cinderella fairy-tale was just that: a fairy-tale.

by Anonymousreply 383October 28, 2018 3:59 PM

Charles made a terrible mistake years ago to go TV and admit adultery. That's when his credibility was severely damaged (and the Tampon Tape). He should have stayed quiet and let Diana hang herself with her self-destructive behavior. He obviously doesn't follow his mother's mantra : don't explain and don't complain. When you open yourself to scrutiny by the press, you become a celebrity not a royal. The press never get enough. Everyone is flawed but does the public need to see the heir to the throne lay them out on a platter? A little mystery is the key. The Queen understands this but Charles (and Harry) do not.

by Anonymousreply 384October 28, 2018 4:02 PM

The trench coat is sloppy and way too big.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 385October 28, 2018 4:05 PM

If Charles want to redeem himself he should talk to his sons rather than give interviews.

Otherwise Charles is weak, always has been, always will be, but he gonna be King anyway.

Unless you're a total retard you can be Queen or King, Betty is senile but stills does the job.

by Anonymousreply 386October 28, 2018 4:06 PM

R381 - You have no clue whether they just read about it "in the newspaper". It is likely he told them about the biography long before the excerpt hit the DM.

Back to sartorial issued: the long deep purple dress is quite attractive - again, though, like the trench coat, it seems appropriate for autumn in the UK, not spring in NZ, and paired with those absurd shoes, which in both style and colour have no business appearing under that dress, reduce what might have been a pretty outfit to silliness.

Someone on CB commented that the shoes look like those electronic ankle tags the justice system puts on offenders out on bail.

She has a gift for putting things together wrongly even when the pieces, separately, are interesting or pretty.

And the constantly blowing hair in her face is getting beyond tiresome.

by Anonymousreply 387October 28, 2018 4:06 PM

Nutmeg: Hand on hair

Dimwit: Hand on bum

They have their priorities straight! LOL.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 388October 28, 2018 4:07 PM

Maori nose greetings of Diana, Catherine and Meghan.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 389October 28, 2018 4:10 PM

Lost in thought.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 390October 28, 2018 4:11 PM

R386 - Yes - on that we're agreed, and that is the argument against an inherited monarchy: you get whoever comes first in the hierarchy and you can't remove the ones you don't like except in extraordinary circumstances. That is the whole point: you can get rid of the PM and put the former opposition in power at the next election, but you can't get rid of the next Heir to the Throne.

The Queen has to take some responsibility for who Charles is, as well. She has left him more or less in limbo for his entire adult life. Queen Beatrix of The Netherlands, King Juan Carlos of Spain, were more sensible and stepped aside whilst their sons were young enough to spend decades in the job and leave their own marks on it. As it is, she has ensured that Charles will be a lame duck Sovereign. She should have known better.

Speaking of which, I noticed in a video of a recent gala reception by Queen Margrethe of Denmark this week, that the widowed Margrethe was walking very stiffly - she is approaching 80, has been chain smoking for most of her adult like, and her smiles look increasingly forced. I wonder if she will be the next European Sovereign to step aside when she reaches 80, and Frederik's and Mary's children are old enough (the eldest I think is already 12 or so) to sustain their parents' taking over. Frederik is now 50.

If she does, Charles will again look thwarted in the face of younger Crown Princes taking over at appropriate times.

by Anonymousreply 391October 28, 2018 4:13 PM

Mrs. Clingon is back! We did NOT miss you.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 392October 28, 2018 4:14 PM

Black is such a cheerful color.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 393October 28, 2018 4:15 PM

The Queen knighting a man on one of her visits to New Zealand.

Look at that dress and the formal attire of Prince Philip. Now they know how to dress appropriately.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 394October 28, 2018 4:20 PM

Does an American-born Duchess have to remind the women of New Zealand of their right to vote? Duh.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 395October 28, 2018 4:23 PM

Betty is clinging to the throne.

Fuck that, even the super conservative Pope retired when he felt too old and tired for the job.

Betty should let the place to Charles and enjoys peacefully the rest of her time.

by Anonymousreply 396October 28, 2018 4:26 PM

They don't abdicate in that family. I don't think they ever have, apart from Edward VIII and he was forced out by the Government.

by Anonymousreply 397October 28, 2018 4:30 PM

Black is common cocktail wear for women, this is a classic evening cocktail party dress. The only problem is, wearing black constantly because she fucking feels like it diminishes its distinctiveness for royal mourning. She could have worn the exact same dress in red (another good cocktail dress colour and more suited to her skin tones), mulberry or cranberry, pale blue, or dark brown taffeta. She just refuses to play ball, whilst the dutiful Kate has eschewed black at all formal official events.

I would bet anything the Queen loathes her.

by Anonymousreply 398October 28, 2018 4:32 PM

TQ has slowed down considerably and has transferred many roles and responsibilities to Charles. Charles looks ghastly as of late. Stooped over and red faced. Wouldn't be surprised if he keeled over from a heart attack or stroke before TQ.

by Anonymousreply 399October 28, 2018 4:32 PM

Well, maybe Wills gonna be a 40 years old King finally.

by Anonymousreply 400October 28, 2018 4:33 PM

R397 - No, generally, they don't. But times move on, and in this case, with all due respect, I believe HM has miscalculated badly. It's possible that if Philip pegs out soon instead of hanging on doggedly for another few years, she can use that as an excuse finally to give it up. She needs to give him ten years or so, and as he's now 70, and looks, as R398 pointed out, rather bad lately, her refusal to let go is damaging both him and the Firm.

Yes, Charles looks ill, sad, and diminished. It would be quite ironic if he pegged out first and William became King.

I wonder if it's possible that Charles really IS ill, and only the innermost family members know it - that may be one reason HM won't step aside yet.

And, no one has factored in that his 70th birthday may also be causing emotional depression. As an Elder, I know what that feels like - other contemporaries at their 70th birthdays have gone through a fair amount of glum times thinking about it. He may be no different in that regard.

On the off chance that William ascends unexpectedly early, one can just see Meghan gnashing her teeth at Kate taking precedence over her so early in the game.

by Anonymousreply 401October 28, 2018 4:40 PM

The Queen doesn't have to abdicate if it's such a horrible prospect. She can retire to the country as Philip has and let Charles become Regent or whatever. It's almost as if she doesn't trust him.

by Anonymousreply 402October 28, 2018 4:48 PM

If she doesn't trust him she should pass the power while she's still alive and can advise him.

by Anonymousreply 403October 28, 2018 4:54 PM

The Queen will never abdicate. A coronation is like marrying a country. Charles and others will continue to take on more responsibility, but she will be Queen for life. It's unfortunate for Charles, but I don't feel the least bit bad for a man who has led a life of extraordinary privilege.

The excerpts from this book are just tacky. The thought of that dirty old bag becoming Queen make me ill.

by Anonymousreply 404October 28, 2018 4:59 PM

I don't feel bad for him, I just think this situation is absurd in 2018.

by Anonymousreply 405October 28, 2018 5:01 PM

As proved YET AGAIN by the inventory tag hanging from the hem of her red dress, Markle is getting freebies and she's merching. BUT, she wants us to think that PC thinks she is so valuable he is shelling out hundreds of thousands of dollars more than he gives Kate, and just for clothing. And the merchants who "work" with Jessica Mulroney also want us to think that Smeggy, a bona fide member of the royal family, would pay exhorbitant amounts for the rags that they lend her. Nobody is spending that kind of money on her wardrobe, as her muddy shoes and lack of recycling demonstrate. The suede shoes with the bows are hers, one of the bathrobe coats belongs to her, the oversized cowl necked cream colored sweater is hers, and so is the McQueen blazer. I may have missed a few items but the rest of it is merched and sent back. The labels don't know what's appropriate for a given event and neither does Mulroney. Furthermore, the label may not design things meant for the sort of event attended by Smegela. That is likely why she often looks so off.

by Anonymousreply 406October 28, 2018 5:01 PM

If Harry is given the highest military honor, why is Meghan the one who is attaching it to his chest?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 407October 28, 2018 5:07 PM

Meghan's outfit summary.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 408October 28, 2018 5:08 PM

I question if Charles is depressed at turning 70 considering his parents are still living and relatively hale and hearty. AND considering that he's always been an old man, even when he was in his teens/twenty.

I don't know if anyone here has read the book on the royals (focusing on Diana, of course), by Tina Brown (almost wrote Kitty Brown as Kitty Kelly also did one). But Camilla is fine. Most of the aristocrats of Charles' generation and the generation before them had such unholy fucked up lives, emotionally speaking, and entered into such horrific marital arrangements while pretending it was all jolly and normal, that it's a wonder they are not all insane. The betrayals and the casual cruelty, and the recipient is not supposed to be a normal human being with actual emotions. Several of them, including Diana's mother Frances, rediscovered their humanity later in life and acted accordingly, but when young, these people fucked themselves over.

Anyone, despite her fling with Charles, Camilla had been in love with Andrew Parker Bowles but he cheated on her relentlessly, including, it is speculated, with Princess Anne. Charles needed a Kate, but he got a Diana, who wanted him to be her Prince Charming, endlessly devoted to her. Each was competing to be the one in need of support, each failed the other. Charles went back to a basically abandoned Camilla (who remained friends with her hubby - of course she did, that's how they rolled). She is by all accounts a nice person and not a bitch. If she'd stayed away from Charles, Charles and Diana's marriage would still have failed. Diana enjoyed torturing Camilla by having the public believe she was the reason her marriage fell apart. She never bashed Dale Tyron, another mistress of Charles, and even wore some of Dale's designs.

by Anonymousreply 409October 28, 2018 5:08 PM

BTW, I do not believe for one second Charles ever said, "I refuse to be the only prince of Whales who never had a mistress."

by Anonymousreply 410October 28, 2018 5:09 PM

After fixing her dangling tendrils, the Duchess of Merch invites us to gaze upon her delicate earrings. Price available upon request.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 411October 28, 2018 5:10 PM

Motherfucker, giving Harry a freaking military honor. The BRF is a joke.

by Anonymousreply 412October 28, 2018 5:11 PM

Dimwit The Idiot Prince.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 413October 28, 2018 5:12 PM

R412 He served, and in a greater capacity than either his father or brother. He's a shithead for Megs but he's earned his military honours.

by Anonymousreply 414October 28, 2018 5:13 PM

R414 - It is generally acknowledged that at no time was Harry ever allowed to be in any real danger whilst serving. He was whisked out of the way when any real danger seemed imminent, and, in fact, because of his value as a hostage, was deemed a danger to his unit. I don't doubt he opted for military service in good faith, but the idea that he was ever exposed to the danger of his "mates" is specious. He was protected in a way they weren't.

And, yes, he is a shithead for his choice of a bride.

by Anonymousreply 415October 28, 2018 5:17 PM

R414 - I think the poster meant "what the fuck is Meghan doing pining his medal on him rather than the person who actually awarded it to him" ???? Am I right R412?

by Anonymousreply 416October 28, 2018 5:18 PM

They all have military honors, even Andrew and Edward.

This family is a joke.

R414 Please, he was more a burden than anything.

People mock Will's air ambulance job but it's the only time a Royal has been really useful to society.

by Anonymousreply 417October 28, 2018 5:18 PM

A slideshow of royal wedding dresses. Personally, I've always loved Princess Anne's Elizabethan style dress the most.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 418October 28, 2018 5:19 PM

The Touchy Feelies are back!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 419October 28, 2018 5:20 PM

R418 I love Sophie's.

by Anonymousreply 420October 28, 2018 5:21 PM

Her eyes look glassy. Her smile is fake.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 421October 28, 2018 5:21 PM

R420 - After Anne's, Sophie's would be my second choice. And however much It pains me to say this, I liked Camilla's too.

by Anonymousreply 422October 28, 2018 5:23 PM

Sparkle will soon be showing up at public events dressed like this.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 423October 28, 2018 5:24 PM

To think that not long ago she was hanging around and sipping vino with her chef bf Cory Vitiello and Soho guy Marcus Anderson. My how times change for a woman with ambition.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 424October 28, 2018 5:27 PM

R379 "Hopeless" is what Diana claimed the Queen said about Charles. If you are taking anything Diana said publicly as the truth, as Andrew Morton apparently did, then you are wasting your time. She was a known liar and her tactics are Personality Disorder 101.

by Anonymousreply 425October 28, 2018 5:27 PM

R425 = The Princely Tampon

by Anonymousreply 426October 28, 2018 5:30 PM

Princess Anne's wedding dress.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 427October 28, 2018 5:30 PM

Comparing the styles of BRF wedding gowns throughout the years thanks to the pic in R418's post, the sheer idiocy of Markle's dress and her ludicrous veil is even more unfathomable.

by Anonymousreply 428October 28, 2018 5:31 PM

Markus Anderson is the dude who "played" Harry on her blog or instagram when she wanted to pretend she was with Harry, and partially obscured the face of the man. For an example, there was one post of Markus in a Golden Girls tee-shirt with the caption "He wears it well." The image is awash in a heavy orange toned filter to turn the hair and beard ruddy. Those who bought into it failed to notice the entire image was also orange. There is also the image of Meghan and a bearded guy with his face semi-buried in her hair. The Sugars had a meltdown, and demanded the image be removed from the internet, claiming it was hacked and illegal.

No such thing. It was Markus. The sugars were afraid that not only would that be proven, but that it would also show Smegs' ass as the liar and manipulator she is. That's why they wanted it gone, before too many people said "That ain't Harry, that is Markus." If it were REAL, they wouldn't give a shit that it was hacked - and btw there is no evidence it was. They would be too busy re-posting it as evidence of adorable Harry and Meghan love, and using it to push back against people who think the marriage was arranged or coerced.

Of course Harry either enabled these photos or did nothing about it, but it was still Markus.

by Anonymousreply 429October 28, 2018 5:31 PM

We'll have to get used to another habit of Nutmeg's: patting little baby bump.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 430October 28, 2018 5:33 PM

Well, it was a rush job R28, and one wonders why, as they'd been engaged for months. I think the claim about all the flowers being commonwealth flowers is false but they put it out there to front they'd been working on the veil for a long time. Has anyone actually counted every flower and matched it with the supposed flower of each country in the commonwealth? Easy fake claim to make.

by Anonymousreply 431October 28, 2018 5:34 PM

The princely tampon was Charles and Camilla pillow talking to each other over the phone. That doesn't demonstrate him as hopeless anymore than Diana's Squidgy talks with her lovers.

by Anonymousreply 432October 28, 2018 5:35 PM

R432 - Dumb as Dimwit

by Anonymousreply 433October 28, 2018 5:39 PM

He did not earn his major title, R414, as he refused to take the test that was one of the credentials. The family also wanted him to stick it out in the military but he walked away. Harry's military career is PR, down to the "emergency" caught on camera. Of course Queenie then makes him a major, which is one of the most revolting aspects of her reign and an insult to people who earn their credentials in the services.

When Harry and William's mobile phones were hacked, to me one of the most surprising and interesting reveals were the number of calls William made to Kate while he was at work - messages he would leave her while she was out and him guessing where she might be, telling her about the bits and pieces he had to finish up on the job that would take less than an hour (he was calling her in early evening) and then he wanted to drive to see her. They sounded like ordinary work calls.

by Anonymousreply 434October 28, 2018 5:41 PM

Meghan's trench coat outfit.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 435October 28, 2018 5:43 PM

Next up for us to look forward to is a rhineston studded leather jacket with a dress up to here.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 436October 28, 2018 5:45 PM

A hot pant suit is planned for a public outing.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 437October 28, 2018 5:46 PM

That's a hot SHORT suit.

by Anonymousreply 438October 28, 2018 5:46 PM

Meghan's black dress.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 439October 28, 2018 5:47 PM

Smiling like a Cheshire cat.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 440October 28, 2018 5:48 PM

One of docs out now has Meghan talking about the veil and showing some of the flowers. It's now on public display. No need to make things up if you don't like her- there's plenty of real stuff to bitch about.

by Anonymousreply 441October 28, 2018 5:49 PM

The black dress is pretty but basic.

by Anonymousreply 442October 28, 2018 5:52 PM

R434 As I recall he was deployed twice to Afghanistan and took part in normal operations. That's more than anyone in the family has done in a long time. Andrew and Philip are the other two to see action during wars. And if he walked away even if his family wanted him to stay, well that's his right and you probably would too after two deployments to war zones.

by Anonymousreply 443October 28, 2018 5:54 PM

R443 War zone means nothing.

There are fighting soldiers and the supply corps, supply corps face no danger. If you're not close to the actual combats, there's nothing to brag about.

Harry's time in the army may be honorable, but it doesn't make him a war hero.

by Anonymousreply 444October 28, 2018 5:59 PM

Has anyone heard where the next Invictus Games will be held?

by Anonymousreply 445October 28, 2018 6:01 PM

Just when you think her clothes can't get any uglier, she wears that checked trench coat horror.

by Anonymousreply 446October 28, 2018 6:08 PM

^ DuckAss Merchghan never fails to disappoint.

by Anonymousreply 447October 28, 2018 6:11 PM

R445, you just can't wait to hear one of her oh so meaningful speeches, can you?

by Anonymousreply 448October 28, 2018 6:13 PM

Are we even sure there gonna be next Games?

by Anonymousreply 449October 28, 2018 6:16 PM

R448 - Good God no. I was actually wondering if there was going to be a next Invictus Games? It's usually announced at the closing ceremonies unless I'm dreaming.

by Anonymousreply 450October 28, 2018 6:19 PM

I have seen rumors saying they were the last one, or the last one where Harry is implied.

by Anonymousreply 451October 28, 2018 6:23 PM

R448 she does love her speeches doesn’t she? I don’t think I heard Kate’s voice for years after she showed up.

by Anonymousreply 452October 28, 2018 6:27 PM

"to be part of the very world you are part of".

"has paved the way for globally", it's just me or it doesn't sound right?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 453October 28, 2018 6:33 PM

R450, sorry, I left out the irony smiley at the end of my message, so obviously it wasn't clear I was being sarcastic.

R453,, if THIS is what feminism is about, I'm truly ashamed to be a woman.

by Anonymousreply 454October 28, 2018 6:48 PM

Markus Anderson... other than hanging on, how do you describe that look at R424? For the gay keeper of the list he sure... has a relaxed approach to style.

by Anonymousreply 455October 28, 2018 7:09 PM

I think he secretly hates her r455. The very definition of frenemy.

by Anonymousreply 456October 28, 2018 7:11 PM

Wrong, R383.

I can dislike Charles and think Diana was a nutter.

He however, comes off very poorly in his self pity. It is NEVER an attractive quality. He further damages his relationship with his sons with this, yet plays victim? What a truly SMALL little man. No one that people could or will respect as a leader. Does he have no sensible advisors? This was a really poorly thought out choice. His parents also seem like awful people and terrible parents, but their assessment of Charles seems spot on.

Harry is the worst of his mother AND his father.

by Anonymousreply 457October 28, 2018 9:18 PM

William seems like the only semi-normal one in the bunch in that he has reportedly limited the amount of time his kids spend with most of his family.

by Anonymousreply 458October 28, 2018 9:38 PM

That attention whore is wearing maternity outfits already? Gotta get those special merching deals while you can!

by Anonymousreply 459October 28, 2018 9:47 PM

As she'll remain fat after this pregnancy, maternity wear will be the only sort of clothing she will fit into - so it's a pretty good idea to get used to wearing this stuff now while she does have a reason to be fat.

by Anonymousreply 460October 28, 2018 9:56 PM

She will be pumping out babies until she decides to collect and adopt them from all the colonies.

by Anonymousreply 461October 28, 2018 10:15 PM

Harry supposedly has killed someone during his time in Afghanistan. It's easy to dismiss his military service, but most of us haven't been that involved in the kind of thing: I could never do it. So, while I can criticize him pretty freely for other things, I won't cast aspersions about that.

by Anonymousreply 462October 28, 2018 10:16 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 463October 28, 2018 10:30 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 464October 28, 2018 10:58 PM

R398 Meghan isn't really royal and at this point Harry has de-royaled himself. I don't think Diana ever could because of that spectacular, watched by billions wedding. But royalty is really a matter of credibility and buying into it. If you act like a Kardashian, it becomes a joke.

For a long time I think Beatrice and Eugenie's problems were their parents weren't really royal. Nobody took Fergie seriously, and Andrew was a joke. Andrew's one strength is supposedly he's his mother's favorite child. When Andrew bleated on about his daughters being blood princesses and deserving this and that, for a long time it was "talk to the hand" because they just didn't cut it. Then the girls began to step up into the role, and Eugenie in particular appears to have substantial social skills and a strong social network, so they were somewhat rehabilitated back into being royal.

Meghan does whatever the fuck she feels like and also thinks she has superstar status because she married into the BRF. What she's done, though, is devalue whatever part of the BRF she's part of; in this case, Harry. Instead of his position bringing her up, she's dragged him down. I think on a real level many of those around her know it, which is why there is so much overcompensating. If she would have handled herself like a member of the royal family, it would be different. As it is, "Fuck you, I do what I want" is not the sort of modernizing that will win widespread popularity, and neither is being a dick everywhere you go.

by Anonymousreply 465October 28, 2018 11:02 PM

Harry just decorated the war zone. It's like "I'm physically there, add it to my cv, and now I'm out!"

by Anonymousreply 466October 28, 2018 11:02 PM

R463, with the households separating, that will mean Harry will get a budget separate from William's. As the article made clear, William and Kate are stepping up into different, more serious responsibilities, while Meghan and Harry have "a blank slate." IMO that translates to mean - prove your value, and you will be supported ($$$). But if all you do is merch your ass off, offer weak support to your own projects (he showed for the glory parts of Invictus - the speeches, the awards, and not the day to day competition) and worst of all, if your wife is such an asshole that organizers later reach out to BP and CH to complain, you won't be getting much.

by Anonymousreply 467October 28, 2018 11:07 PM

I must agree with the poster (way) upthread about Pss. Anne's wedding dress - those sleeves were daring yet completely rooted in tradition - 16th century tradition - the simplicity of the rest of the dress ensured that they did not seem costume-ish. In that sense, Anne looked more regal than any English royal bride since her mother wed her father - and that includes Diana, Sophie, Fergie, Kate, Eugenie, and of course, Sparkle, who looked more like a surgical nurse than an About To Become A Royal Duchess.

by Anonymousreply 468October 28, 2018 11:11 PM

R460 - I doubt Sparkle will remain fat after giving birth. She's an actress, remember? She'll have a nice long maternity leave, she'll have access to personal trainers, nannies, chef's preparing the right foods, and besides: she has to compete with Amazing Kate, who turns up with her 28 year old figure within five months of giving birth.

by Anonymousreply 469October 28, 2018 11:17 PM

Harry bleated on about his family being the family Nutmeg lacked, but she seems to be costing him his family and friends. Although, after the latest stunt of his father, not sure they were all that great. He looks sad and angry, reality is setting in.

William and Kate were close to Harry. It is not just Nutmeg, he is into the Soho House lifestyle while his former wingmen are all growing up. Now there is a baby in the mix, with some really unfortunate psych genes, being born into a socially isolated and unstable situation. If drugs are not involved, they likely will be soon. What a clusterfuck.

Sparkle had plenty of family, she treats them like shit. Is needing to be the rescuer some male variant on lacking a sense of self? If it is not strictly an arrangement and the PDA is not faked (time will tell), then she is love bombing while isolating.

Looking forward to seeing what beans his great father dad chose to spill in the midst of his whinging about events long gone by. Should be a good clue as to why they all looked like they were heading to an execution at his wedding.

by Anonymousreply 470October 28, 2018 11:23 PM

Why are Harry's suit coats (at least on this trip) always so short? As much as we criticize Meghan's ill-fitting loaner wardrobe and his usual rumpled state {casual or not}, his suits at least on this trip have been atrocious. I assume a Prince's suits would be bespoke Saville Row made of a good quality fabric that doesn't wrinkle easily and lasts forever, but I'm starting to wonder if he goes off the rack at M&S. They look awfully short from the front, but this picture from the back really drives the point home. The coat should be at least three inches longer. And take a look at the state of the vents! They're a mess. He might not give a fuck, but he has people around him whose job it is to give a fuck.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 471October 29, 2018 12:35 AM

I always notice the wrinkling but the poor cut/fit of that jacket is a sight to behold! What's up with that?

by Anonymousreply 472October 29, 2018 12:52 AM

What makes you think he listens to anyone r471? He looks terrible, the tailoring is appalling but if he chooses to go out like that and an aide whispers “perhaps sir might reconsider that jacket?” what can they do if he ignores them? Nothing I’ve read about him leads me to believe he has the basic common sense to accept advice.

by Anonymousreply 473October 29, 2018 1:08 AM

Surely he has clothes from the past that were an appropriate length? Has he gained a lot of weight and they no longer fit? That was my first thought with the unbuttoned jackets, but way too short, I am at a loss.

Is he borrowing and merching clothes too?

At least I have not noticed large holes in the soles of his shoes on this trip.

by Anonymousreply 474October 29, 2018 1:32 AM

RR339, her horrible fashion sense is down to a perfect storm of circumstance. Primarily, she gets her clothes from J. Mulroney, whose own sense of fashion is horrific and tacky, although to give her credit, she sees to the details in ways Markle overlooks. Second, she only wears freebies or loans, from labels willing to have that relationship with her. That leaves out most U.K. brands which probably don't want to flaunt a violation of the freebie and merching rules. It also leaves out brands that do very well and dont need Her Tackiness for publicity. Stella McCartney was in trouble financially; I suspect the same of Givenchy, and I have no idea about Jason Wu. She clearly has no seamstress or tailor because most of the clothes have to go back, and she's not sample sized, proportionately (same with shoes). And finally, many of the labels she works with don't make clothing suitable for a lot of what Markle has to do as "Duchess.", so she makes do. That's why so much of what she wears is "ok, but off." The McCartney halter dress she wore apre-wedding was oversized. Compare it to Princess Sophia's emerald version of the same dress - clearly it had been altered to fit perfectly, and she wore appropriate underwear and everything else.

by Anonymousreply 475October 29, 2018 1:38 AM

I'm hoping they show their environmental activist cred and refuse a plane ride back to England. Harry will climb on Meg's back, she'll unfurl her tendrils, and a stiff wind will lift them gently into the air and carry them all the way back to Blighty.

by Anonymousreply 476October 29, 2018 1:52 AM

R469, going by the state of both of their wardrobes, I don't know that Harry and Meghan have access to the best this and that, including chefs. Someone has to pay staff. There's a budget for "office" staff and aids, but these are simply assigned where needed, while working for the BRF at large, not for Harry and Megsy specifically. I speak of Amy Pickerling and Samantha whatever her last name may be. KP is like a campus - it may be that, similar to the BRF office staffers, cleaning crew stop in at Not Cot from time to time and do the place over. I don't think royals as far down the line as Harry are kitted out with all the works same as Herself, Charles, and William and Kate. I suspect Meghan is never at Not Cot (not wanted, not welcome) and Harry seldom, and both lodge at the Soho Farmhouse most of the time, where it's full service, but not that personal.

by Anonymousreply 477October 29, 2018 1:55 AM

I also noticed the ill-fitting suits on Harry, r471. Just either very old suits and being worn again or off the rack. I've never seen him look so shabby as he does on this tour.

by Anonymousreply 478October 29, 2018 1:57 AM

R474 I think Harry has always dressed like crap. Going back to Smeg's appearance at last year's xmas, I thought his color story (as it were) was odd - pale blue coat that seemed just too short and just too tight. Nobody commented at the time, and some fashion websites liked what he had on, so I supposed I just didn't know how a man's overcoat was supposed to fit, or the acceptable variants. There was nothing to say about William's - clearly his fit fine and William looked comfortable. Going even further back, another fashion website or online version of a magazine did an entire article about what deplorable fashion examples William and Harry were, particularly Harry. Here they were, young, famous, very tall, fit, and dressed boring, cheap and like shit. I hadn't really noticed until it was pointed out and then I thought, ok, well, clearly Prince Charles spends a fortune on his wardrobe and maintains it impeccably, and they don't, and don't care.

Still, now that time has passed, it's clear that while William's attire is not exciting or "sharp" it is suitable, fits him, and he's well-groomed. Harry looks like shit. Harry's entire MO, in fact, from his marriage to his tours to Invictus to everything else is "I don't give a fuck." If he sticks in that mode another ten years he'll be worse than Andrew.

by Anonymousreply 479October 29, 2018 2:01 AM

He may claim that, R479, but reality is dawning and he seems less than pleased.

by Anonymousreply 480October 29, 2018 2:17 AM

Harry and Meghan give off a very strange aura through their clothing. It's almost as if Harry doesn't remember how he grew up and whose grandson, son, and brother he is. A half dozen properly tailored suits with a few dozen shirts, ties, and pairs of shoes for the second son of the Prince of Wales shouldn't be that much of a problem. His wardrobe doesn't present the issues confronting a female partner who has additional issues: the need for lots more accessories, public interest, public criticism, comparisons with a sister in law, the need to be interesting but still reassuringly feminine and tasteful, recycle in the name of "thriftiness" but not too often - all issues that do not afflict a male royal. And the costs for a Duchess's wardrobe keep escalating when, as we all know, a few good suits, handmade shoes, and a couple of drawers full of bespoke Jermyn Street-Turnball and Asser shirts go on forever.

So there really is something odd going on here. Markle's poor taste, extravagance (that de la Renta dress for the Australia Geo awards at 10,000 quid was absurd) and grandstanding seem to have produced an opposite effect in Harry: his poor grooming, bad suits, worn shoes - are not an unfamiliar signal to a mental health professional. Diminishment of regular grooming habits are a signal.

It's almost as if he's saying, "Well, here's the razzle-dazzle bride, I don't really have to try any longer. Why should I?"

I wonder if the "interesting" novelty wife isn't offsetting as much as he hoped the sheer boredom and emptiness of the work. This rather gruelling tour has been a baptism of fire for both of them - I don't remember Harry ever having to do something like this before - not this kind of schedule.

Perhaps the shades of the prison house are suddenly becoming clear, and perhaps that was the intent of the backroom offices who put the schedule together, at the direction of, er, well, people. After all, how were said grey-faced private secretaries supposed to know Meghan would be three months pregnant when the tour started?

by Anonymousreply 481October 29, 2018 2:22 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 482October 29, 2018 2:26 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 483October 29, 2018 2:40 AM

R483 Oh that line of blusher. Blend, bish, blend!

by Anonymousreply 484October 29, 2018 2:43 AM

Kate keeps her hair under control with hairnets. How hard is that Megs??

by Anonymousreply 485October 29, 2018 2:46 AM

That article is horrible, R482. If Charles really did sanction this he is a buffoon. He's still whining about Diana, 20 years in the grave. He throws his sons under the bus. He's described as falling for Meghan's machinations. Is there no one who can rein him in?

by Anonymousreply 486October 29, 2018 2:54 AM

R485, Really? I've never noticed her with a hairnet. They must be extremely inconspicuous. I just see a well-groomed young woman, almost always. This is what I think of when I think of hairnets.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 487October 29, 2018 2:55 AM

I think even her fetus hates her at this point.

by Anonymousreply 488October 29, 2018 2:59 AM

Agree, R486.

How can he have fallen for MeAgain if he had her ejected for taking photos in private areas though? I would think that actions speak louder than words?

Will Charles align himself with Dim and Sparkle out of competitiveness with Wills? Is that the subtext of the piece?

He is like any alkie, esp an OLD alkie, always moaning in his cups about how he was done wrong. One of the MOST PRIVILEGED MEN IN THE ENTIRE WORLD! What a complete tool.

by Anonymousreply 489October 29, 2018 3:12 AM

But there is no extravagance and escalating cost with the Smeg's wardrobe. It is all merching, which means she gets it free or borrows, and, one assumes, is frequently paid for wearing the items and splits the loot with Jessica Mulroney. The labels are invested in inflating the supposed price tag. They hope the pretense that a Duchess has spent that much on some stupid dress will inspire others to do the same. Meg likes having the cost inflated as much as possible, because a lot of Sugars and most of the media pretend she is playing by the rules, which she is not. The rules would mean Charles is giving her an allowance for her wardrobe, and with the ridiculous claims about how much her wardrobe costs, the impression is either he's helpless to stop her spending or all of his fortune is well worth spending on her because she's worth so much to the firm - she's so special, so important, she deserves to spend 10 x more than Kate on clothes. She's not spending jackshit and neither is Charles. She's in debt up to her eyeballs, she is merching her clothing. Even her biggest, most kiss as fans in the fashion media, which includes Go Fug Yourself, acknowledge she is pay to play when it comes to her wardrobe.

by Anonymousreply 490October 29, 2018 3:24 AM

No need to worry Charles has fallen for Smegs. I am sure the various courtiers all put their case forward, but I doubt Harry has anyone traditional left in his corner. The sight of Charles speeding up to shake off Smegs and Harry at Eugenie's wedding is enough to tell us what he thinks. He's 70, not born yesterday, and has been playing politics within the family forever. Smegs is probably someone he has never encountered before, but of course he has known that transparent, embarrassing grifters EXIST. He probably just never expected to find one within the family. Seriously, everyone watching from a great distance can see the obvious - she's a trick. The BRF may be dim, but not THAT dim. Bean's particular brand of manipulation is not so adroit that it could fool anyone but people exactly like her. Ill educated, grasping, insecure, and fucking poor. That ain't the BRF.

by Anonymousreply 491October 29, 2018 3:29 AM

She wears them to keep her chignons in place, R487. The lighting makes this one obvious.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 492October 29, 2018 3:32 AM

If MM ever decided to try one (which will never happen), she'd probably cover her whole head with it and use a crochet hook to pull tendrils through the holes.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 493October 29, 2018 3:52 AM

Hahahaha yes, you're right R493. That did make me laugh out loud!

by Anonymousreply 494October 29, 2018 3:54 AM

Part of it is Charles naturally loves both of his sons, and Meghan is Harry's wife; therefore, Charles is inclined to get along with Sparkle and appreciate her "qualities" or whatever mutual interests they might share. And, she is expecting his grandchild. No way in hell is he going to alienate this new daughter-in-law. Meanwhile, Sparkle is going to aggressively dote on sugar daddy Chuck because he will someday be king and such access is not lost on the grifter. But her excesses and flagrant demand for the spotlight will make her position in the family untenable and consequently the firm will shuffle to isolate her and Harry's sphere of influence. The inevitable tug of war will be interesting though because Megs is no shrinking violet and I imagine she will fight bold and dirty to hold on to prominence, wielding Harry and their children as hard leverage.

by Anonymousreply 495October 29, 2018 4:03 AM

Vanity Fair covers the royals a lot. I think a lot of it is bullshit, such as the obviously totally Mulroney-sourced "Wild About Harry" MM cover story they ran months before the wedding. But sometimes I think real stuff can be picked up. For example, Vanity Fair once said Will has arranged his life so he has an Exit Strategy should the monarchy not last. He genuinely loved being an Air Ambulance pilot. His wife's family is both wealthy and discrete (and his parental in-laws are relatively young). His marriage is strong, featuring a wife who puts him first. If the monarchy went tits up, Will could slide into Plan B and pretty happily.

When they write about Harry, I keep remembering the portrait of Harry who loved to talk to Chelsey Davy under the stars by their tent in Africa (of course). What he wished for was to have no responsibilities. I remember these articles would never drop the other shoe and say "Instead of being burdened with royal duties, Harry wishes he could..." there was nothing. No alternative. Basically, Harry wanted no responsibilities, period, just do what he wanted, funded by other people, not his own efforts. All the while dating a girl who, while partying as hard as he did, got through university (he couldn't get through the Eton without cheating) AND law school, practiced law at a major firm, and then later started her own business. Sure it was all funded, but she's very rich and didn't have to get herself highly educated and certainly didn't have to sign on as an associate somewhere.

He doesnt want to do anything or be anything. He's even clearly lost interest in Invictus, despite the massive amounts of publicity pumped into it to sell him. What is his problem?

by Anonymousreply 496October 29, 2018 4:16 AM

The articles on the upcoming household "split" discuss scenarios as to how the various factions will be funded, going forward. Sources are putting forth the scenario where Will and Kate will continue to be funded by Charles and the Cornwall Duchy funds, as they have been. HazBean would be funded perhaps by the Queen's purse, much like Anne, Andrew and Edward currently are.

Interesting if its truth. It would mean a reduction in Haz and Sparks's funds, since the Queens purse is already stretched. It's the Duchy $ where the real cheddar is. Ostensibly Charles would keep the heir - William - on a leash there, as well as prepare him for the inevitable eventuality that he'll be running it soon (Heir to the throne controls the Duchy).

by Anonymousreply 497October 29, 2018 4:18 AM

Re the abdication discussion, earlier upthread: it's worth remembering that Juan Carlos didn't want to abdicate, he really had to after all the scandals, the rising public disgust with his wealthy lifestyle and inability to condemn his criminal son-in-law. Republican feeling was really beginning to take hold, they saw the writing on the wall and JC stepped aside.

Same to a degree with the previous King of Belgium, too many scandals, rising negative feeling, he steps aside for his scandal-free son and his photogenic wife and family. Otherwise he'd probably be still be on the throne at his advanced age. The current monarchs of Norway and Denmark are 80 or over (Carl Gustaf in Sweden is rapidly approaching). It's really only the Netherlands where early abdication is an entrenched tradition, not in other monarchies.

by Anonymousreply 498October 29, 2018 4:23 AM

She has an unsightly mole on her upper lip (left side). She needs to get rid of that damned thing.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 499October 29, 2018 4:42 AM

The fact that Wills allowed this while Haz was on the other side of the world with his showboat, ill-fitting, horrible behavior wife shows he's done with Harry and Megs. Wills, Kate and their kids are the future of the BRF while Harry and MerchAgain are a "blank slate" left to do what they figure is best for the "Commonwealth Youth".....while Will and Kate get ready to become Prince and Princess of Wales. No wonder they want nothing to do with Harry ever since he brought Megs in to infect the family. This is their way of cutting ties and letting their futures play out.

Kensington Palace's social medial accounts have been taken over by Meghans' batshit fans who make cruel and disparaging comments about Kate. No wonder Wills and Kate want a break from Haz and Smug, who have been so gross and unroyal on their trip down under,. Kate did the same thing with a 9 month old baby George in charge and looked flawless along the way. Meg is pregnant with something the size of a blueberry and has spent the entire tour doing a "look at my baby bump" pose when there's NOTHING there.

Meg has made this tour all about HER and Haz has gone along with it. No wonder the Cambridges want to distant themselves from such a shit show.

by Anonymousreply 500October 29, 2018 4:47 AM

Someone on another site pointed out that this split and separation of the interests of William and Harry should also work to protect William and Kate from any possible financial shenanigans from the Sparkle and Dim side.

One of the pictures from the Down Under tour was a photo of a presentation to Sparkle of a beautiful pearl necklace. I don't know the ramifications of such a gift tax wise, but lest anyone forget, Sparkle is still an American citizen and I'm sure the IRS is paying attention.

Also there is the probable co-mingling of funds for their charity work.

If there are trust issues with Harry's wife or Harry himself, this separation of interests should work to create a bulwark of protection for matters financial.

by Anonymousreply 501October 29, 2018 4:55 AM

Meggy must be losing it knowing she's getting a severe time out with the Wills and Harry split. Now she has a 'Blank Slate" with her future with Harry that won't include State Visits, tiaras, and all of the attention Meg wants. Once she pumps out the baby I give them 3 years before a divorce.

by Anonymousreply 502October 29, 2018 4:56 AM

OMG, Hazbean and Bean would be kicked off the Duchy rolls and have to make do with the queen's purse? That is AWESOME.

So many non-Hazbeen observers have been hoping that Meghan would be somehow driven out of the U.K. in sackcloth and ashes, publicly denounced, or her rumored sex tape broadcast on the BBC. But this is how the royals roll, if they're going to do anything. With the money. I believe the anon who said Charles has been holding back on money for the Sparkle couple because he knows she's merching, knows the funds will go to her debts, and he believes her debts are Harry's lookout, if anyone's. And I figured that by having this baby, Harry figured he would checkmate his father and force him to open the purse strings. But no. Moving onto the queen's purse, holy shit. No Duchy money. But no more than they deserve. They were both absolute jackasses on this tour, and one wonders just how horrific it was behind the scenes since what we could see was obnoxious enough. They couldn't even be bothered to pet the fucking koala or put on the hats. Harry made it all too obvious he saw this tour as a platform for Meghan to increase her appeal and her merch value. IOW, it was "what can these charities and organizations and officials do for me and my spouse" not "What can we do for them."

I really did think that rigging Kate out in that ruched McQueen with a couple of centuries of ice around her neck was saying something, but I didn't know it was specifically aimed towards the Harkles. Now I think it was. Well played.

by Anonymousreply 503October 29, 2018 4:58 AM

R501 let's not forget the blind item suggesting Sparkle wants the charity money to go directly to her and she'll distribute! That sounds so ridiculous it must be made up, but the fact is she IS made up of that kind of gall and nerve, and sometimes when people are that audacious and insistent, others give in. I do not think she is spending half a million on her clothes - it's all freebies and hype. But that's what she wants people to think, and I don't think the BRF trusts her around money or anything that could possibly MAKE her money. Put this woman around charity funding? Put this woman around three little royal kiddos whose photographs would fetch a fortune, or about whom she could drop blind items (they prefer Auntie Meg, don't you know? Kate is too stressed). They are isolating her. A blank slate means it is up to them to shape up and prove themselves. They're not getting anything. Also if it's known she's off the duchy rolls then she can no longer imply Charles has given her the security codes to his bank accounts.

by Anonymousreply 504October 29, 2018 5:03 AM

Wow, the story in R482's link portrays Charles as having to walk on eggshells around both boys, as they both inherited some of Diana's personality traits. Apparently they both have temper tantrums and give Charles a hard time. Poor Charles...his parents don't like him; his sons merely tolerate him; he's grateful to get some attention from Meghan. The article portrays Meghan as pushing Harry to be nicer to his dad. Which is ironic considering her relationship with her own dad.

by Anonymousreply 505October 29, 2018 5:07 AM

Well it was Kate’s phone that was hacked, R434, so no wonder that it had Will’s messages to her.

by Anonymousreply 506October 29, 2018 5:17 AM

It's quite pathetic how Charles push his sons under the bus to look good.

He has always done it, no wonder his sons can't stand him.

And no way Charles doesn't have temper tantrums himself.

by Anonymousreply 507October 29, 2018 5:26 AM

[quote] OMG, Hazbean and Bean would be kicked off the Duchy rolls and have to make do with the queen's purse? That is AWESOME.

Was this specified somewhere?

Do you have a link?

by Anonymousreply 508October 29, 2018 5:36 AM

So, with this severing of the two Prince's functions, that would mean that each would have their own staff.

Would staff be assigned to one or the other? Or could each staff member choose which "court" to work for?

And each of them would be responsible for paying their own staff?

How does staff transfers among the now 4 Palaces (Buckingham Palace, Clarence House, KP - William, KP - Harry)? Are people ordered to move, shifted whether they like it or not?

by Anonymousreply 509October 29, 2018 5:41 AM

In the photo at R483, Sparkle has another bandaid on, but this time on her thumb. Is she learning how to self harm?

by Anonymousreply 510October 29, 2018 6:13 AM

Cooking banana bread is a dangerous task.

by Anonymousreply 511October 29, 2018 6:25 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 512October 29, 2018 6:44 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 513October 29, 2018 7:23 AM

I know this tour will be considered a huge success by the Daily Fail and all the fans of HazBean, but we at DL know positively that it's been a complete disaster. Upon their return we'll have weeks of congratulations and kudos for a job spectacularly well done. They'll be saying Bean was born to do all this stuff because she's such a natural, and that scruffy, adorable Harry was perfectly wonderful about giving her so many opportunities to shine. I'm gritting my teeth just thinking about it.

by Anonymousreply 514October 29, 2018 8:26 AM

The BRF needs good PR with Charles's BS book being published on 1st November.

Whinny Charles wants to be loved even if he has to trash someone dead since more than 20 years.

Charles is not better than Thomas Markle but people keep kissing his sorry ass.

by Anonymousreply 515October 29, 2018 8:39 AM

I remember back in the 70's when the BRF desperately wanted to portray Charles as a hunky heartthrob, so cool, so hip, such a sought-after bachelor who had his pick of women. I was in my early 20's and truly naive, and even I saw through it immediately. Charles a heartthrob? What a load of rubbish. Everybody knew he was a stuffed shirt, a prig who was probably still a virgin, and that he had a lousy personality and was totally unattractive. It's like the BRF have never known quite what to do with Charles.

by Anonymousreply 516October 29, 2018 8:47 AM

Young Andrew and even young Edward were quite handsome, Charles has always been ugly as sin.

The few "Women" who were interested were after the Princess title, nothing else.

by Anonymousreply 517October 29, 2018 8:51 AM

Andrew was quite handsome, and I always wondered about that. Definitely the best looking one in that family.

by Anonymousreply 518October 29, 2018 8:54 AM

Lol, too bad Andrew is a jerk.

Andrew is a jerk, Charles is whinny, Edward is transparent. Let's root for Anne as the non-nonsense Queen.

by Anonymousreply 519October 29, 2018 9:04 AM

[quote]When Meghan met the Prince of Wales, she was bowled over by his gentlemanly charm,’ said an inside source.

[quote]‘She told Prince Harry he was wonderful; welcoming, warm, hard-working, kind and stable. She made it clear that he should appreciate him and bond more.’

...unlike her own father?

by Anonymousreply 520October 29, 2018 10:17 AM

Meghan knows whose ass she has to kiss.

And Charles is no gentleman, a gentleman doesn't bash his dead ex-wife whatever her faults.

by Anonymousreply 521October 29, 2018 10:19 AM

And if you think we're harsh on this board, go read what Sugars write to Twitter Sugar in Chief Emily Andrews.

They're real trash.

by Anonymousreply 522October 29, 2018 10:23 AM

Well, I still like Charles, and I'm quite old. And if you thought he was a virgin, just because he looked rather geeky, you're misinformed. His great-uncle, the Earl of Mountbatten, was a notorious bisexual roue, who taught Charles to go out into the world and "sample the fruit". The Earl of Mountbatten was a mentor to Prince Philip as well as to Prince Charles, and the British Royal Family was known to have a very strong prejudice against the Irish, ever since the IRA blew the Earl up, while he was out on a small boat. Years later, when I watched the Queen speak at Dublin Castle, where she began by speaking in Gaelic, I was brought to tears, knowing how hard that had to be for her. I can't even imagine how painful that had to be. And I think the Irish are pretty wonderful.

Getting old sucks, but it can be nice to have grown up with the history. I was quite young when Charles was still young, but he was considered one of the most eligible bachelors in the world, and speculation on his eventual bride was very common in the gossip pages. And, back then, absolutely no one would have ever commented on his big ears; the rules were different back then (thankfully).

I'm American (obviously), but it would be disrespectful of me to my British cousins to comment on their Royal Family if I knew nothing about their history.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 523October 29, 2018 11:04 AM

He was considered one of the most eligible bachelors because of his title and his family, not because he was so wonderful or worldly. Everybody knew, on both sides of the pond, that Charles was a drip.

by Anonymousreply 524October 29, 2018 11:07 AM

Charles is like Harry or William, without the title they're nothing.

You think Diana would have marry Farmer!Charles or Meghan would have marry Plumber!Harry? Of course not.

Kate would have marry RealEstateAgent!William, but not lower.

by Anonymousreply 525October 29, 2018 11:37 AM

They’re whitewashing him to become king . He was a twat Charles and didn’t know how to deal with Diana . There smearing her legacy with all the dirt they can get . She no doubt had her faults like all of us . Still a fan of her !

by Anonymousreply 526October 29, 2018 12:09 PM

she can no longer imply Charles has given her the security codes to his bank accounts.

WHAT?!

by Anonymousreply 527October 29, 2018 12:31 PM

I skimmed the article but I didnt see "Harry's pre-wedding meltdown". There was a lot about tempers re both boys but nothing specific to the wedding. What did I miss?

Also the bit about MM being invited by Charles to view some exhibit but then pulling out because there would be cameras and how that was offensive because you don't renege on a royal invitation makes *no* sense. The camera part would be more motivation to go.

Charles certainly seems besotted with MM. There's no fool, etc.

by Anonymousreply 528October 29, 2018 12:33 PM

Charles is disgusting. No loving father trashes his sons and their dead mother publicly all while whining that HE is the TRUE victim.

He must also be dumb as a box of hair for thinking this behavior will make people like or respect him more. Quite the contrary, and even many young adults know that. Old, self pitying alkie, no wonder Harry is just like you, but younger. Me, me, me, no responsibility, no maturity or insight, just a tantruming tot in the body of an old man.

by Anonymousreply 529October 29, 2018 12:40 PM

So in actuality, "mood swings" probably translates into "only people who refuse to kiss your ass". Spoiled brat. He's a fool. William and his family are their best hope in continuing the monarchy. As the poster said upthread, he has other options.

by Anonymousreply 530October 29, 2018 1:33 PM

On a walk.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 531October 29, 2018 2:33 PM

Another boring outfit.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 532October 29, 2018 2:34 PM

She either sticks her stomach out or pats her baby bump. We've seen something like this outfit a couple of times on this tour. This one is much shorter.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 533October 29, 2018 2:35 PM

Some psychos on Tumblr think Meghan is William's lover. That's why she married Harry: to be closer to her real love, William.

And some of you are complaining about our dear Merch Poster, you should be happy we're still more or less sane.

by Anonymousreply 534October 29, 2018 2:35 PM

Her hair doesn't know which way to go!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 535October 29, 2018 2:36 PM

The Tea Lady has arrived!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 536October 29, 2018 2:37 PM

This is something a woman wears to go shopping NOT to a royal public event. She really doesn't have a fucking clue and really doesn't care.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 537October 29, 2018 2:38 PM

She doesn't give a fuck.

by Anonymousreply 538October 29, 2018 2:39 PM

The couple is a mess.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 539October 29, 2018 2:41 PM

Visiting a cafe. Very hard work.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 540October 29, 2018 2:42 PM

She always bunches up her scarf. She did it last year, too. Does she think it's attractive? It gives her lollipop head.

by Anonymousreply 541October 29, 2018 2:43 PM

Mrs. Clingon isn't happy just to hold Dimwit's hand. She has to grab his arm in a vice grip as well.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 542October 29, 2018 2:43 PM

R538 R539 She is trying to be a more modern and relatable royal. It seems to be working. Young women seem to love her and look up to her.

by Anonymousreply 543October 29, 2018 2:44 PM

They don't look Royal, they're looks like middle-aged Instagram famewhores. If you didn't know they're Royal, you could never guess.

And this coat on shoulders trend has to die right now.

by Anonymousreply 544October 29, 2018 2:45 PM

I visited NZ *after* Thanksgiving. It was so cold I had to buy a wool sweater when I was there. She's wearing a sleeveless white dress.

by Anonymousreply 545October 29, 2018 2:45 PM

Dimwit is pointing at his imaginary friend again.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 546October 29, 2018 2:46 PM

R543 Look at her fans on twitter, some of them have grand theories about Black China and Rob Kardashian. You really think it's the kind of people who gonna support the Monarchy?

And they have the same relationship to journalism and truth than Trump.

With this kind of fanbase, I'd prefer to be unpopular.

by Anonymousreply 547October 29, 2018 2:48 PM

As anyone ever seen a "Royal" lady put their hands in their pockets at a public event? She not only needs a style intervention but a protocol behavior invention.

by Anonymousreply 548October 29, 2018 2:48 PM

She can't walk in those slut shoes without assistance.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 549October 29, 2018 2:49 PM

R548 It's reaching the end of the Tour. They're tired and gonna act less and less Royal.

by Anonymousreply 550October 29, 2018 2:49 PM

The Dangling tendrils are never far away.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 551October 29, 2018 2:50 PM

The same boring shit in different "colors".

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 552October 29, 2018 2:51 PM

Outfit summary.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 553October 29, 2018 2:51 PM

Casual outfit summary.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 554October 29, 2018 2:52 PM

Getting their photo taken. Holding hands and hand in pocket. Very professional.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 555October 29, 2018 2:53 PM

Time to stop for a selfie.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 556October 29, 2018 2:53 PM

Harry doesn't look better with his open shirt.

by Anonymousreply 557October 29, 2018 2:54 PM

Harry's look to the camera = Oh do piss off, will ya!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 558October 29, 2018 2:57 PM

Another Hello cover for Meghan.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 559October 29, 2018 3:05 PM

Too bad you salty bitches can't make a living from your sick obsession.

by Anonymousreply 560October 29, 2018 3:08 PM

Hand in the pocket = no fucks given.

by Anonymousreply 561October 29, 2018 3:09 PM

When is this dreadful and and endless tour supposed to be over?

by Anonymousreply 562October 29, 2018 3:46 PM

On Wednesday I think.

by Anonymousreply 563October 29, 2018 3:49 PM

I am getting really sick of the Ninja's too short jackets that aren't wide enough around the waist either. He seems to do the 'Napoleon hand gestures' to cover up the shortfall.

Why can't they dress smartly, if not impeccably? It makes no sense. However, I cannot wait to see what happens when they return home - if they have a home to return to! Perhaps MM will finally start looking pregnant. Will the British press admonish them and favour Wills and Kate? It will be fun to see the outcome.

by Anonymousreply 564October 29, 2018 4:00 PM

The press has very gently implied that William in a jerk to staff. Years ago, they used the subtle phrase that he "doesn't suffer fools gladly", and now he apparently gives the palace switchboard operators a hard time. The DM story also said that William gets in Charles face and yells at him like Diana did. (Apparently Harry does too. I guess everyone yells at Charles.)

So, if William's a jerk to his dad, and he's a jerk to the staff, then he's probably a jerk to Harry, too. A few years ago, I would have thought he'd share the wealth and responsibility with Harry so as not to make Harry feel second-rate. Now, I'm not so sure.

by Anonymousreply 565October 29, 2018 4:09 PM

R534 do you have a link? I need a laugh.

by Anonymousreply 566October 29, 2018 4:11 PM

R565 Oh please.... It's Charles throwing his sons under the bus, if you read the article Harry is a total mess too and Meghan is not better. Only Kate is not trashed for whatever reason.

Funny how selective you are about what you read.

by Anonymousreply 567October 29, 2018 4:29 PM

Exactly, R567. It's about high time someone in that family stood up to Charles and his sycophantic staff. His mother apparently refuses to.

by Anonymousreply 568October 29, 2018 4:33 PM

I don't understand how his mother lets him whine to journalists, all the leaks to the Fail come from him.

Charles does not see his grand-children, the Middleston see Georges more often, Charles is not respected enough, Charles's sons don't love him, Charles's parents don't love him, no one takes Charles seriously, his first wife was crazy, poor sod.

The Queen didn't give him the no lament memo?

People say the Princes are reluctant but Charles is a whinny bitch.

by Anonymousreply 569October 29, 2018 4:38 PM

People complain about the princes slacking. Would you put yourself out there more if you had this jealous of a father? It's a no-win situation.

by Anonymousreply 570October 29, 2018 4:44 PM

Me! received a presumably valuable set of pearls from the First Lady of Fiji. I wonder if she gets to keep them or if they have to go into the Royal Collection, never to be seen again.

The hat looks like an ugly pincushion, the dress is ok but she’s got on way too much eye makeup. And of course, posing with glee with her expensive present.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 571October 29, 2018 4:48 PM

The British royal ladies usually only wear white pearls, if someone knows exceptions though I’d be curious. The continental royal ladies sometimes are seen in colored pearls though.

by Anonymousreply 572October 29, 2018 4:49 PM

The Johnson books seems to me to be a classic blend of sycophancy with a few crumbs of spice thrown in, e.g., the boys' mood swings reminiscent of their mother's issues (which may in fact lend some credence to the fact that her borderline personality disorder was at least part nature and not all nurture). If you read between the lines, though, you get a few glimpses of the truth. Such as Harry screaming at staff before the wedding that what Meghan wants, she gets, as opposed to the (and I'm surprised no one else picked up on this) reference to Kate being able to reign in William's temper and mood swings "with a quiet word". It's quite obvious which brother, either by luck or intent or a combination, married the right woman.

As for Sparkle charming Charles - that's her stock in trade, and she knew he was the line to the annual household stipend from the Duchy that would pay for nannies, new cars, private secretaries, etc. But when this book was being written, I don't think the full measure of MM's love of the spotlight, narcissism, willingness to eclipse Harry, disregard for protocol in dressing and other things, and of course the family drama, had really struck full force. Charles isn't that stupid. But, like Harry, he's stuck with her, as is the BRF. No one will really know the full story on this for some time.

Whoever said upthread that the separation of the Cambridge and Sussex operations mean that HazBean will be off the Duchy purse: I didn't see any info on that, please provide a link. Why would separating their offices impact the annual Duchy stipend that Charles gives to each son's household?

Meanwhile - to the matter really at hand: MM looks absurd in that white tuxedo dress which, as usual, is badly fitted across the bosom, exposes far too much those twigs she calls legs, and really belongs on a 20 year old model.

by Anonymousreply 573October 29, 2018 4:51 PM

Kate's supporters write since a long time that she's a stabilizing force in William's life and the BRF.

I think it's true and much more important for the Monarchy than any badly written speech. Perhaps that's why Charles doesn't say anything bad about her, because he needs her support with William.

by Anonymousreply 574October 29, 2018 4:56 PM

[quote]which may in fact lend some credence to the fact that her borderline personality disorder was at least part nature and not all nurture

How so? They could have inherited that from her, but just as well they could have learned from her.

by Anonymousreply 575October 29, 2018 4:59 PM

Wills ain’t no bargain either.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 576October 29, 2018 5:04 PM

I don’t understand the New Zealand outfits.

In one outing, they’re bundled up in winter clothes. In the next, she’s wearing a skimpy white dress! I’m freezing just looking at her.

Meanwhile, Harry seems to be wearing a suit jacket (NOT sports jacket, an actual suit jacket) with faded, wrinkled khakis.

by Anonymousreply 577October 29, 2018 5:05 PM

R575 If you read the article, Diana did not educate them and neither did Charles, too busy being a tampon.

The boys grew up with nannies and then boarding school, which explain why William must insist about being a present father himself.

Charles can only blame himself for being a shitty father.

by Anonymousreply 578October 29, 2018 5:06 PM

R576 Yeah, that's really terrible.

A 34 years old man being drunk and dancing, I clutch my pearls.

by Anonymousreply 579October 29, 2018 5:08 PM

R575 - Well, I did say "may", not "do". If they learned it from her, it would have had to have taken hold quite early, Harry was only 12 when she died, and it's unusual for all the children in one family to exhibit the same behaviours as one parent. Usually, each child in a difficult family environment tends to cope with a different strategy. Mood swings I think (mind, I'm not a neuroscientist, I'm not making a claim for this) suggest something neurological as well as pyschological, especially as they respond to medication.. I think the jury is still out on some of the nature/nurture stuff, but as the human genome keeps becoming further unraveled, the power of nature seems to be coming more to the fore.

And Diana's home environment couldn't have helped what may have been natural tendencies. Absolutely ghastly parenting, as I said on another thread, no matter how privileged in other ways, no child's emotional responses to divorce and ugly custody struggles should be treated as cavalierly as the Spencer children's were.

It is to me, and I've mentioned this before, very compelling to see that a woman craving stability and emotional attention should have gone about getting it so wrongly. And I stand by my (admittedly from afar) assessment that William has done far better than Harry because of the woman he chose, whilst Harry is on the way to repeating the family drama because of whom he chose.

Diana was extraordinarily charming, too. She charmed the public and she charmed the family on those first trips to Balmoral whilst she was pursuing her goal. After the wedding, she went on charming the public, but not the family. I suspect Meghan is off the same assembly line.

by Anonymousreply 580October 29, 2018 5:12 PM

[quote] reference to Kate being able to reign in William's temper and mood swings "with a quiet word"

It's called TRUST. If this story is true, it indicates that William is willing to listen to Kate because he trusts her and knows she has his best interests at heart.

You cannot say the same thing about his father. (For more about that, watch "Reinventing the Royals" which can be found on Youtube.)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 581October 29, 2018 5:16 PM

My word, that suit (not sport as pointed out) jacket at R542. Could Harry actually button if if he wanted to? There are five inches of uncovered girth that would in the very least strain the jacket's seams if it reached, which I don't think it would. Did he suddenly become barrel chested or develop couvade syndrome? (look it up for a giggle)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 582October 29, 2018 5:18 PM

Equating that video with dressing up as a Nazi or playing full-monty strip poker in Vegas--really?!?

by Anonymousreply 583October 29, 2018 5:25 PM

No, I think MM will continue to make the effort to be charming to Prince Charles. She's the wife of the second son and doesn't want to end up sidelined like Andrew. She is in danger of overplaying her hand. Charles won't see it but Camilla will.

Diana was *very* young, not very bright, and didn't think things through. She thought being popular with the public was enough.

by Anonymousreply 584October 29, 2018 5:25 PM

Dimwit is holding on to the umbrella. Nutmeg is holding on to Dimwit.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 585October 29, 2018 5:26 PM

Another selfie at the cafe.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 586October 29, 2018 5:27 PM

Wind wrecking havoc.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 587October 29, 2018 5:28 PM

Hey Sparkle, you're suppose to show some interest in the people you're meeting not concentrate on your bump.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 588October 29, 2018 5:30 PM

Oh dear. I wonder who leaked this story?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 589October 29, 2018 5:31 PM

The Ginger Manchild can't pour his own drink so Mummy Markle does it for him.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 590October 29, 2018 5:33 PM

Life is hard when you have to carry your own coat.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 591October 29, 2018 5:34 PM

The coat over the shoulder look (again). Maybe if she dressed properly she wouldn't have to layer in the first place.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 592October 29, 2018 5:35 PM

What royals fucking stand like this? They both need to go back to school and take "How To Behave Like A Royal 101".

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 593October 29, 2018 5:37 PM

One of the most striking and telling stories about Diana's labile nature and selfishness was of her in full meltdown mode weeping hysterically and locking herself in her bedroom (or was it the bathroom?), completely disconsolate and refusing to come out. Little William, who couldn't have been older than 3 or 4, would sit outside the door shoving tissues under it telling her "Mummy, please don't cry." and trying to get her to come out. Charles or whoever had just given up and it was left to the little one to do the caretaking. I distinctly remember reading this story even before she died. Does anyone else recall it? It may be apocryphal or put out by one of Charles' supporters when the marriage was on the skids. If true, it does speak to the nurture end of the equation. What a strong impression this reversal of roles can leave on a child --that one can let their moods run away from them and that they will not pass unless one is catered to or assuaged by others immediately, rather than developing the internal resources to cope and handle frustrations. What a lesson in manipulation!

by Anonymousreply 594October 29, 2018 5:39 PM

It also says a lot about adults letting a small child about George's age doing the care taking. Don't tell me they did everything to protect the boys.

by Anonymousreply 595October 29, 2018 5:43 PM

I remember reading stories like that about Diana, r594.

[quote] [Diana]thought being popular with the public was enough.

So does Meagain.

by Anonymousreply 596October 29, 2018 5:44 PM

R594 probably explains why he wanted an equal and stable woman like Kate as a wife. He saw his mom's drama more than Harry, who essentially married his ma's drama queen doppelganger....although at least Diana knew to dress well for public events unlike skanky Meg.

by Anonymousreply 597October 29, 2018 5:47 PM

R594 - I remember the story but who knows if it's true. I think both parents were lacking in skill. One was trying to cope with her mental illness and the other was coping by spending time with his Tampon instead of his sons.

I think both William and Harry were scarred emotionally from the ugliness of their parents relationship (during and after their ugly divorce). I'm sure they read all about their parents in the newspapers and how much that affected them is anyone's guess. Imagine what it would have been like for them to hear the Tampon Tape or Squidgy Tape. Having no psychological therapy wasn't good either. Even a grief counsellor after Diana's death would probably have been helpful. I think mood swings would be natural under these circumstances. They were acting out after keeping everything inside for so long.

Thankfully, I think William has calmed down quite a bit after his marriage and children. I'm not so sure about Harry.

by Anonymousreply 598October 29, 2018 5:48 PM

New thread! Go to it DL.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 599October 29, 2018 5:49 PM

Thanks OP.

by Anonymousreply 600October 29, 2018 5:49 PM

R594, yes Diana herself describes it in the Bashir interview. It reminded me of actress Patty Duke, when she’d go into her bipolar depressed phase she’d also lock herself in the bathroom and her son would also try to communicate to her under the door, begging her not to kill herself. Very sad that the children get exposed to this.

by Anonymousreply 601October 29, 2018 6:01 PM

A delight as always r513, and I'm not just saying that because I'm your agent.

by Anonymousreply 602October 29, 2018 7:31 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!