Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Matt Bomer and Simon Halls Part 8

Join us as we discus Matt & Simon's continuing efforts to spread LOVE across the world!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 600January 27, 2019 10:40 PM

Falconry? Spreading love by carrier pigeon. He made this for us.

by Anonymousreply 1October 16, 2018 11:00 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2October 16, 2018 11:03 PM

I wonder how long they'll be on vacation. It's nice to see them out and about having some fun. It must have also been a nice way to spend his post-birthday, birthday whilst visiting his old stomping grounds in his ancestral home!

Here is him talking a little bit about Ireland from a few years ago while promoting Magic Mike XXL.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3October 16, 2018 11:09 PM

Typical “repair the marriage” vacation after one party is caught cheating. All for show. If they had kept it off Instagram I wouldn’t be so cynical.

by Anonymousreply 4October 16, 2018 11:20 PM

Nobody cares what you think with your made up rumors and general hatred of everything good that man does.

That man could save the world and you'd complain he forgot Mars.

Go to hell Duckling Troll at R4. Or better yet leave your brand of insanity of in the old thread.

by Anonymousreply 5October 16, 2018 11:31 PM

I think Bomer's a good egg.

Here's an accompanying soundtrack to this thread in case anyone needs it:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6October 16, 2018 11:34 PM

He’s sporting a bit of tummy flab haha. Still hot af.

by Anonymousreply 7October 17, 2018 12:11 AM

R7, When Matt was asked in a group interview for BitB what he was eating to stay in shape for it, the whole cast (almost in unison) commented that he wasn't eating. In person he looked super thin.

He's wearing a button down shirt with a sweater over it. I for one am happy he's putting on weight and obviously relaxing but it still seems like very little. I hope he's enjoying himself.

by Anonymousreply 8October 17, 2018 12:19 AM

Daddy AF!!!

by Anonymousreply 9October 17, 2018 3:16 AM

Maybe he puts on weight easily and that's why he does those crash diets.

by Anonymousreply 10October 17, 2018 3:51 AM

Behind the bar in a pub he used to work

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11October 17, 2018 7:37 PM

Simon's reflection at R11! HAHAHAHA

by Anonymousreply 12October 17, 2018 8:21 PM

Bomer is gorgeous. Some people are pathologically impossible to please. It's like they have a disorder where nothing in life's existence can ever be perfect enough for their approval.

by Anonymousreply 13October 17, 2018 8:25 PM

I think this vacation is sweet , they look so happy!

by Anonymousreply 14October 17, 2018 8:43 PM

Duckling will cheat soon enough, he’s cant be happy with his career. That how it always begins.

by Anonymousreply 15October 17, 2018 10:11 PM

I know we are advised to not feed the troll, but I really would like to meet the Duckling Troll in real life. Bitter people are fun to get to know.

by Anonymousreply 16October 18, 2018 3:28 AM

Hope they took more than just 2 days in Galway and that they didn't head straight home. Lovely Instagram pics, Maybe the trip will inspire something, as all enjoyed Papi Chulo what about Matt in a John butler film made in Ireland. Any number of possible scenarios.

by Anonymousreply 17October 18, 2018 11:26 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18October 18, 2018 12:39 PM

Are they wearing the same shirt in the different IG pics? In the falcon video Matt seems to be wearing a grey shirt under his sweater, then in the pub pics, you can see Simon in the mirror reflection wearing a grey shirt. Minor detail but with all those suitcases you'd think they wouldn't need to share clothes lol

by Anonymousreply 19October 18, 2018 1:54 PM

R19, sharing clothes was an endearing habit they practiced in the past

by Anonymousreply 20October 18, 2018 4:11 PM

R19, There are a few different image collections on tumblr going all the way back to before Matt even was officially out of them sharing clothes.

They've been doing it for years. I couldn't find the one from when he was working on White Collar which was about 5 or 6 different times they shared clothes but I did find this one.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21October 18, 2018 6:44 PM

They've also been sharing that smiley face hat Matt was wearing it in Georgia and Simon was wearing it in London

by Anonymousreply 22October 18, 2018 6:50 PM

I bet they get off wearing each other clothes. Btw is Simon left handed?

by Anonymousreply 23October 18, 2018 7:19 PM

What makes you think he's left-handed R23? I think I remember a poster asking that question before. Hard to know! Not like there are videos are him signing anything

by Anonymousreply 24October 18, 2018 7:30 PM

Yes Mr Peabody is left handed. That’s why Duckling had the scar in his left cheek.

by Anonymousreply 25October 18, 2018 7:39 PM

I can't believe there is one, R12.

by Anonymousreply 26October 18, 2018 7:53 PM

[R24] I asked because in the picture [R21] the knot in his tie is not very common for a right-handed.

by Anonymousreply 27October 18, 2018 8:06 PM

People talking about Matt's weight, I saw him in London IRL. He doesn't have a spare ounce on him.

by Anonymousreply 28October 18, 2018 8:14 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29October 18, 2018 8:23 PM

He does cleanses before any public event R28. He has even promoted them on his Instagram.

I think people were referring to a bit of a bulge around his belly which just looked normal with what he was wearing. The man could gain 10 pounds and still look better than any man you'd see on the street.

He looked rail thin, with a noticeable butt, when I saw him in person but even that is definitely not what he looks like when not working.

R29, I was just thinking with the holidays coming around Matt would go and visit his family.

by Anonymousreply 30October 18, 2018 8:26 PM

Jesus, hope that charity knows what it’s getting into.

by Anonymousreply 31October 18, 2018 8:27 PM

I doubt they'll show for the Glsen awards tomorrow. I'm guessing they only got back to L.A. yesterday evening or today

by Anonymousreply 32October 19, 2018 5:34 AM

It's sad seeing him reduced to joining the cast of a TV sitcom for multiple episodes when he used to have his own show.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33October 19, 2018 5:12 PM

Well, clearly, Duckling needs money, so this is good for him.

by Anonymousreply 34October 19, 2018 5:13 PM

Well he has his own show last year too and then that got cancelled. He'd already committed to doing Boys In the Band for 2018 so he couldn't really commit to TV. Maybe in 2019 he'll be able to get a decent role on a TV show. Who knows how much the misfire of TLT hurt his career.

by Anonymousreply 35October 19, 2018 6:07 PM

TLT did not hurt his career. People would have had to seen it for it to hurt his career.

by Anonymousreply 36October 19, 2018 6:09 PM

I just want the best for him but this isn't it.

They're so excited to have him coming back to the show multiple times because someone at his level wouldn't do this kind of as how multiple times.

I wonder why he never got involved in Ryan Murphy's "The Politician."

by Anonymousreply 37October 19, 2018 6:10 PM

Maybe it didn't seem interesting to him?

by Anonymousreply 38October 19, 2018 6:26 PM

Because his singing sounds like a gay donkey braying?

by Anonymousreply 39October 19, 2018 6:37 PM

We only hear about the projects he does get. We don't hear about all the rejections. No one has any clue how roles/projects he's gone for and has lost out. People always seem to talk as if it's his fault for not having another TV show lined up. As if it's that easy

by Anonymousreply 40October 19, 2018 7:40 PM

Most actors would take time off to figure out what it is they want to do. Or spend more than a few weeks at home with their kids & live their lives for a while. Remember the Monty movie? What happened to that?

by Anonymousreply 41October 19, 2018 8:11 PM

The eldergay at HBO who wanted to make it got fired.

by Anonymousreply 42October 19, 2018 8:19 PM

Poor Matt, too handsome and gay for movie stardom.

by Anonymousreply 43October 19, 2018 9:23 PM

At least he consistently works I suppose. It would have been worse if he'd struggled to get any work after White Collar. He's maintained a solid enough (if below the radar) career.

by Anonymousreply 44October 19, 2018 9:42 PM

[quote]I doubt they'll show for the Glsen awards tomorrow. I'm guessing they only got back to L.A. yesterday evening or today

Matt showed up. Simon may have too but you rarely see him.

There was no reason for him not to, it's not like he had to fly to a different state.

He also missed last year, so it would have looked very bad if he missed this year too as a chair.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45October 20, 2018 3:01 AM

Doesn't seem to be any pics of Simon there (although at least 4 of his clients are there too) . He could have stayed at home with the kids and let Matt represent the pair like he did last year when Matt was directing

by Anonymousreply 46October 20, 2018 5:34 AM

“Stay home with the kids”

Why you write me out of existence? Are you Trumpy?

by Anonymousreply 47October 20, 2018 8:09 AM

Jesus 30 year old Charlie Carver has more line in his face. No wonder Duckling is struggling to book roles, no one wants to hire a mannequin

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 48October 20, 2018 8:13 AM

“But I am smiling”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 49October 20, 2018 8:16 AM

r 41 do you know a lot of actors? Are you an actor? How do know what 'most' actors will do.

by Anonymousreply 50October 20, 2018 12:08 PM

R50 who is also R16 who is also R38, This is the Datalounge. It is a gossip board. There are a ton of actors and entertainment people here and there were before you slithered your way off of fandom Twitter. Go back to feeding the trolls and feigning innocence.

by Anonymousreply 51October 20, 2018 6:06 PM

Hi r51! I thought you were the troll?

by Anonymousreply 52October 20, 2018 6:49 PM

I am the troll!

by Anonymousreply 53October 20, 2018 7:02 PM

Who cares about the fucking roll. Ignore him. It's sad how he takes over Bomer threads.

by Anonymousreply 54October 21, 2018 1:17 AM

*troll

by Anonymousreply 55October 21, 2018 1:29 AM

Anyone here who saw the two of them in London see how they interacted with each other? Rarely even see videos of them, usually just pics of them at events or small videos on red carpet. Odd question but always curious to know

by Anonymousreply 56October 21, 2018 8:25 PM

I'd like to know too, what are they like together?

by Anonymousreply 57October 22, 2018 12:39 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 58October 22, 2018 12:58 AM

They both seem like they're really careful, probably because of Simon's background, that you don't know what they're like when people are watching.

Wasn't there a story about Simon straightening Matt's tie backstage at an event and some sweet words were exchanged. It seemed like a cute story.

by Anonymousreply 59October 22, 2018 4:25 AM

Simon has been caught in several sweet moments with Matt, like shielding him with his umbrella this summer and carrying his stuff. He seems amused when fans pay attention to him. I’m sure they are very careful in public, though, for good reasons.

by Anonymousreply 60October 22, 2018 9:53 AM

In what world is Matt Bomer a “singer”?

by Anonymousreply 61October 22, 2018 11:24 AM

In the world of Magic Mike XXL, where women go crazy over male strippers who don’t strip.

by Anonymousreply 62October 22, 2018 11:35 AM

Guess Matt is getting some down time now. Wonder if we will get a Halloween picture this year.

by Anonymousreply 63October 23, 2018 6:40 PM

How old were the kids when Matt came into the picture, does anyone know? Earliest photos of them all together I've seen are ones where the twins look to be 2ish years old.

by Anonymousreply 64October 23, 2018 8:22 PM

LOL! You must be the only one who doesn't know that Duckling fathered one of the children.

by Anonymousreply 65October 23, 2018 8:33 PM

R64, please ignore R65 aka the troll.

He gave a specific age for when he entered their lives in an interview in the past couple of years in a quick throw away line when he was asked if he thought he'd ever become a parent. It was an interview in print but I can't remember the exact one.

Prior to that he said it wasn't his story to tell of how he became their parent (but if they wanted to when they're older they could) or only mentioned that he "joined their family."

by Anonymousreply 66October 23, 2018 8:54 PM

Matt met Simon around the time Kit was born. He has always been Dad to the twins.

by Anonymousreply 67October 23, 2018 10:02 PM

He's never really confirmed when he met/got together Simon. The earliest public photo of them is from 2008. Most people have deducted that they got together after Kit was born but before the twins were born. Best guess is between late 2005 to early 2007.

by Anonymousreply 68October 24, 2018 3:15 AM

DL History lesson

Simon’s friend Jennifer Estess died in Dec 2003 and they met after that. Also Simon had just broken up with David Burtka.. 2004?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 69October 24, 2018 6:59 AM

Well in NPH's autobiography he said that he and David got together around April 2004, right after he'd broken up with Simon. Then Matt's ex Mike White said they'd broken up in very early 2004. After that there's never been anything about them dating anyone else prior to getting together. I still don't think they were together pre-Kit

by Anonymousreply 70October 24, 2018 7:36 AM

There is an interview with Simon somewhere he says he met Matt when he was 40. There is an interview with Matt saying age 27 was the best year of his life. Again 2004.

by Anonymousreply 71October 24, 2018 7:55 AM

Wasn’t Kit born in 2005? Of course, just because they met in 2004 doesn’t mean they were instantly life partners, even if it finally worked out that way.

by Anonymousreply 72October 24, 2018 8:01 AM

R71 what interview is this? Seems very out of character of Simon to say something like that. Simon doesn't do interviews either-only gives quotes

by Anonymousreply 73October 24, 2018 1:12 PM

Mr Peabody has never given date that he absconded with Duckling. Is best guestimated early 2004, because that it when he dumped David Fatka per Harris's book.

by Anonymousreply 74October 24, 2018 1:19 PM

R72, Exactly. It's unlikely they met. Got serious. Then decided to have kids together [italic]all in the same year.[/italic]

Even beyond that Simon's job requires him to be a control freak. I doubt he'd let a man he was dating be a parent to his children until he decided he was going to stick around for the long haul.

by Anonymousreply 75October 24, 2018 2:24 PM

I imagine surrogacy is a lengthy process so it's likely Simon had started it even before he met Matt - IVF success rate is around 30% so who knows for how long his surrogate had tried before suceeding.

by Anonymousreply 76October 24, 2018 2:58 PM

I think most people here are straight women but I don't think anyone caught onto them referring to each other as "co-parents." They have for years and have been referred to as such in interviews.

For straight couples, this means the couple is divorced or separated but raising children together.

For LGBT couples "co-parent adoption" usually means that one partner is the legal parent, and the other partner is helping them raise the children and has a legal agreement with the birth parent that they have the same rights. You can be just a "co-parent" or be a "co-parent" and "partner" which is how they have referred to each other since they're also married and a couple.

by Anonymousreply 77October 24, 2018 3:02 PM

Simon said in that surrogacy article in 2008 that his surrogate had miscarried but it wasn't clear whether it was before or after Kit but the way it was framed it appeared it was before Kit was born. Doesn't take a genius to guess that Simon was planning on having kids and then Matt came along in the middle of it all. I know it's not really a huge indicator of anything but the fact that the kids go by Halls does signify something.

by Anonymousreply 78October 24, 2018 5:06 PM

The theory that Matt fathered one of the twins seems highly unlikely to me. Maybe Matt and Simon were dating when the twins were born, but if Matt was an involved parent from that moment on/if Matt truly did father one of them then there would more than likely be photos of them together or at least something to suggest that that were the case- but there isn't. Plus, all three of those kids look exactly like Simon- even the one with slightly darker hair. In this interview Simon is referred to as a single dad expecting twins, and even if Matt wasn't out yet/their relationship wasn't public, he probably wouldn't be referring to himself as a SINGLE dad unless that were the case.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 79October 24, 2018 6:12 PM

R79, I agree. They have a really good distinction of what is and isn't the public's business but I don't think they've ever lied or obscured anything about that. They've never clearly stated it, which they shouldn't because there are young people involved, but the language used by them or more Matt indicates what happened. As for that article they could have mentioned Simon had a partner without naming his name that was involved with the process but they didn't because while he may have been dating Matt he didn't consider him to be a part of that process.

He obviously loves them and they're still his children but he's going to point out that he's a "co-parent" as did Simon in his father's day message back to him rather than just saying "parent."

by Anonymousreply 80October 24, 2018 6:33 PM

R79 it's okay, we understand, you'll never accept that Duckling put his baby in the closet.

by Anonymousreply 81October 24, 2018 6:46 PM

They were likely already together before that article was written. Simon is a publicist in Hollywood-he was hardly going to name his partner who was trying to make a name for himself in the industry. It would have been odd if he'd said he'd a partner but didn't name him. Publicists tend to mislead/bullshit the media, so I wouldn't put it past Simon to not mention his partner. Its obvious they went to great lengths to keep their relationship under wraps in the early days. He did an interview with Frank Decaro on Sirius (maybe 2014?) where he said that to prepare for Neal Caffery he cornered himself off to a section in their house so he could get the walk down. So they were already living together by 2008 so likely together since at least 2006/2007.

by Anonymousreply 82October 24, 2018 6:46 PM

Wow, they must have been really been financially struggling for Matt to have not moved out to prepare for a role.

by Anonymousreply 83October 24, 2018 7:05 PM

R83 pre White Collar it would have been Simon who had the bigger paycheck!

As an aside, what's astonishing is how little TV work Matt did between 2004 and the start of White Collar. Most actors before they get a big break gig around on TV shows, doing one episodes on a number of shows per year. But he only really has a handful of TV appearances and and one short-lived show.

by Anonymousreply 84October 24, 2018 7:15 PM

Duckling only went to work during pilot season. If he didn't book a pilot, he stayed home and played tiddlywinks.

by Anonymousreply 85October 24, 2018 7:18 PM

[quote]As an aside, what's astonishing is how little TV work Matt did between 2004 and the start of White Collar. Most actors before they get a big break gig around on TV shows, doing one episodes on a number of shows per year. But he only really has a handful of TV appearances and and one short-lived show.

He wasn't, "Matt Bomer" yet.

He was still living, at least part of the year, in NYC during that time according to the stories he has told especially after this summer when he rehashed them all.

He left True Calling in 2004.

He was workshopping a show in NYC in 2006 and left to do Texas Chainsaw Massacre.

He booked a lead role in a TV series in 2007 which meant he had to refuse a lot of work when he knew he got it and for what they thought would be the run.

He did have recurring appearances on Chuck from 2007-2009.

But he most certainly wasn't in Los Angeles the whole time between 2004 and 2007.

[quote] It would have been odd if he'd said he'd a partner but didn't name him. Publicists tend to mislead/bullshit the media, so I wouldn't put it past Simon to not mention his partner.

No, it wouldn't. He could have mentioned him and asked that his name be left out of it BECAUSE he is a publicist. He was completely in control of his part in that article. They may have been together but it doesn't seem like they were serious. People keep acting like couples don't date casually especially when one is an actor who is living on both coasts.

by Anonymousreply 86October 24, 2018 8:26 PM

"He did an interview with Frank Decaro on Sirius (maybe 2014?) where he said that to prepare for Neal Caffery he cornered himself off to a section in their house so he could get the walk down. So they were already living together by 2008 so likely together since at least 2006/2007."

That would have been 2009, R82.

He said during an interview for tBitB that they were together when he got the show even if they didn't get married until 2011. There are a few pictures floating around from when the show started and Simon can be seen in the background hovering around him.

by Anonymousreply 87October 24, 2018 8:31 PM

I think in 2008 they were together but they were starting to get serious, Simon said he was a "single father" because he was the one that was having kids, Matt was his boyfriend not his partner yet.

by Anonymousreply 88October 24, 2018 8:40 PM

I hope the twins are his. What a shame if a man that fine didn’t procreate. But good on him for being a dad and a good one at that. Simons and the kids are hella lucky

by Anonymousreply 89October 24, 2018 8:44 PM

Only Walker is his, the other one is Peabody's spawn

by Anonymousreply 90October 24, 2018 8:59 PM

R87 the pilot was shot in 2008 so it could have been around that time too. He was flying back to Los Angeles every weekend from 2009 so he was clearly were committed at that stage to the family. A few interviews/articles have already referenced the fact that he was with Halls pre 2008 too. Halls could have easily glossed over some of the truth for that surrogacy article-Matt went years without acknowledging his family; doesn't seem unlikely that Simon would do something similar for the sake of protecting Matt's career.

All kids are definitely Simon's lol you only have to look at Simon's nephews to know that

by Anonymousreply 91October 24, 2018 9:01 PM

From 2004 to 2009 Duckling basically did a pilot every pilot season, Mr Peabody connections helped him get roles. Very rare for somebody to only do pilots and not work the rest of the year in any capacity like guest appearances, tv movies, indie films, etc.

His pilots were Amy Coyne at Fox (not picked to series), Cult at WB (not picked to series), Traveler at ABC (moved to summer replacement), Chuck at NBC (he was able to only book pilot as guest star because Traveler was still contingent as summer replacement series) and finally White Collar. I may have missed one.

by Anonymousreply 92October 24, 2018 9:04 PM

Walker might have a shade of darker blonde hair compared to his brothers, but its obvious he's Simon's biological son. You guys are delusional if you fail to understand how unlikely it is to have a set of twins with different fathers, especially via surrogacy.

by Anonymousreply 93October 24, 2018 9:10 PM

He's done more indies and guest roles post White Collar than pre-White Collar. Very strange for an actor to only do pilots and have zero other T.V. credits in between. And of course it's the time period in his life people know the least about.

How anyone could think the boys were not biologically Simon's is beyond me. Although it doesn't really matter, Matt seems like a devoted dad to them.

by Anonymousreply 94October 24, 2018 9:19 PM

Fail R93

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 95October 24, 2018 9:58 PM

"The pilot was shot in 2008 so it could have been around that time too."

R91, I think I figured it out. Matt was cast in August of 2008. Tiffany was cast in November of 2008 and Marsha was cast in December of 2008.

The pilot didn't shoot until after that.

"You guys are delusional if you fail to understand how unlikely it is to have a set of twins with different fathers, especially via surrogacy."

Only the troll that haunts these threads believes otherwise, R93. No one else does. In the end it doesn't matter but it was fun seeing everyone do detective work.

He doesn't seem to talk about his life before a certain point. I was shocked he brought up the fact that he was a bartender in Ireland on Instagram. He rarely talks about that.

I've only read him mentioning that he was a janitor once. Can you believe he was a janitor? He only brought it up once in an interview.

by Anonymousreply 96October 24, 2018 10:12 PM

Duckling has always talked about the stupid bartending job, it is even in his Soap Opera interviews.

by Anonymousreply 97October 24, 2018 10:17 PM

His name is Matt R97 and are you saying "Soap Opera" interviews like that wasn't a billion years ago? What is wrong with you?

by Anonymousreply 98October 24, 2018 10:41 PM

Whenever they met, Matt is sentimental about it because he said he still has the blue LaCoste shirt that Simon was wearing. It may have been love at first sight. Simon has said something like, “I am still as impressed by Matt as I was when I first met him and that is a lot.”

by Anonymousreply 99October 24, 2018 10:46 PM

R93 Henry is the one with darker hair.

by Anonymousreply 100October 24, 2018 11:15 PM

Looks like Barrett Foa will be playing Will's love interest on "Will & Grace" early next year so it seems like they'll finish up Matt's character's arc really quickly. Probably after they get him to take his shirt off since that's what he does.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 101October 24, 2018 11:27 PM

Hope he takes off his shirt. When there are assets like that. They should be flaunted and enjoyed. It helps that he can be genuinely funny as well. I’m curious about his role

by Anonymousreply 102October 24, 2018 11:33 PM

Well they gave him an extra 3 episodes after his initial guest part so he has 2 more episodes to shoot after this evening's one.

by Anonymousreply 103October 25, 2018 5:08 AM

Flirty Matt

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 104October 25, 2018 6:06 AM

Yeah, real flirty R104.

by Anonymousreply 105October 25, 2018 6:10 AM

Im assuming that Matt is the bottom in the relationship.

by Anonymousreply 106October 25, 2018 6:58 AM

I assume they enjoys all the pleasures of versatile sex every way they can, as well as cuddling and kissing.

by Anonymousreply 107October 25, 2018 11:59 AM

R106, You could go by a random poster, from 5 or 6 years ago who only posted once ever who said Matt when he had a threesome with him pre-Simon. Another random poster once said that he & Simon are "oral only" and have been for a long time according to a dinner conversation but [italic]anyone could come here and say anything.[/italic]

Or you could go by your own two eyes and guess that a svelte former twink with daddy issues, who hooked up with a much older "powerful" man since that's his type, and is well known for showing his butt whenever any director asks, probably wasn't and isn't plowing his husband [Simon] nightly.

The choice is yours.

The only time he has ever directly talked about sex was on Andy's show.

No to: threesomes "one is enough" & manscaping

Yes to: older men, role play, skinny dipping and speedos "if you can pull it off."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 108October 25, 2018 12:59 PM

You can look at photos or videos of them together and get some idea of the dynamic between them. That pic of them in NYC earlier in the year where Simon was covering Matt with his own umbrella or how it's usually him who shoos photographers away (he was the one that called security at the London festival when the crowd got too rowdy) do show he has a "take charge/take control"

by Anonymousreply 109October 25, 2018 6:10 PM

R109 I think Matt finds that hot, I bet he loves to be taken roughly by Simon

by Anonymousreply 110October 25, 2018 6:49 PM

Mr Peabody is Father Duck and Duckling is Duckling. How many times does this have to be explained?

by Anonymousreply 111October 25, 2018 7:39 PM

This ancient photo speaks for itself.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 112October 25, 2018 8:16 PM

Most couples are almost always opposite of their power dynamic in public. I think Matt might has the upper hand. You can see in subtle ways if you observe closely. Simon is the nurturing type for sure. He treats Matt like a king.

by Anonymousreply 113October 25, 2018 9:04 PM

R113 well he does make Simon carry all his stuff for him. Looks like Simon was left holding all of Matt's gifts at the film festival. I'd say he had no qualms taking advantage of his husband for things like that

by Anonymousreply 114October 25, 2018 10:23 PM

I can’t believe he makes the old man carry his stuff.

by Anonymousreply 115October 25, 2018 10:39 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 116October 25, 2018 11:11 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 117October 26, 2018 12:57 AM

I think it also makes sense that Simon can hold on to bags and other items while Matt is signing autographs and taking pictures with fans, which probably happens quite often.

by Anonymousreply 118October 26, 2018 1:12 AM

R117. He used to be hot as fuck!

by Anonymousreply 119October 26, 2018 1:43 AM

R119 That was just 6 years ago.

by Anonymousreply 120October 26, 2018 2:07 AM

Matt and Kit on a movie night.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 121October 26, 2018 4:20 AM

He was Instagram happy today. Wowza, Kit has grown up so quickly. Full on teenager

by Anonymousreply 122October 26, 2018 5:20 AM

They’re bffs.

by Anonymousreply 123October 26, 2018 7:52 AM

He really avoids taking photos with his own kid doesn’t he?

Good! Build the resentment! It will help the little one in his career.

by Anonymousreply 124October 26, 2018 9:51 AM

He seems to take far more pictures with Kit. I think the age is the difference. A 13 year old can consent to pictures being on Twitter in a way that a 10 year old can’t.

by Anonymousreply 125October 26, 2018 11:39 AM

Kit's a teenager too now and probably is on social media himself so he is likely more vocal about his dad posting pics of them. The twins are still a little young to have veto on social media posts.

by Anonymousreply 126October 26, 2018 12:04 PM

sweet talented good dad what an awesome fella

wish he wer my buddy

by Anonymousreply 127October 26, 2018 12:34 PM

Jesus Christ you are talking about celebrity kids of Hollywood, "too young for social media" please the kids probably have already tried Oxycontin.

by Anonymousreply 128October 26, 2018 12:37 PM

I nominate matt for a Hollywood star on the blvd and for the rock n roll hall of fame ….

by Anonymousreply 129October 26, 2018 2:50 PM

[quote] He seems to take far more pictures with Kit.

Do any of you have kids?

It's probably easier for him to hang out with the oldest one than it would be for him to have to wrangle all three solo plus he can do more with the oldest that he might also enjoy doing. It comes down the kids being at the age where you can say, "don't run off" and they or rather the oldest won't.

[quote]Jesus Christ you are talking about celebrity kids of Hollywood, "too young for social media"

The second part of this is disgusting so I cut it out.

One of their fathers is an actor and their other father is a publicist that works with big names. You can be your ass that Simon is going to tightly control what those kids post on social media and probably wouldn't even let them do it unless he was monitoring it so closely it wouldn't even be worth it for them. They're not just "Hollywood Kids" they're the Hollywood kids of a PR specialist who has barely given a handful of interviews over the past few decades because he doesn't want you to know anything about him. Matt is media trained to high hell and has given canned interviews for years.

The parents are pretty private so you can bet it extends to the kids as not to accidentally take a picture of or say something neither would want said. The kids don't start revolting until around 16 then watch out.

by Anonymousreply 130October 26, 2018 4:52 PM

I don't even believe Kit is on social media, not yet.

by Anonymousreply 131October 26, 2018 6:38 PM

It's a handful of photos of him and one of his sons lol he waited until Kit was a teenager before posting selfies too so it's more of an age thing. There's probably a million photos he hasn't shared with the public. As R130 said, Kits a bit older so Matt can probably do more interesting stuff with him. Besides, Simon's IG is on private so we've no clue about what he's posted about the kids.

R131 I'd say he has social media.

by Anonymousreply 132October 26, 2018 6:53 PM

Matt posted this earlier on Instagram.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 133October 29, 2018 12:45 AM

[quote]You can look at photos or videos of them together and get some idea of the dynamic between them. That pic of them in NYC earlier in the year where Simon was covering Matt with his own umbrella or how it's usually him who shoos photographers away (he was the one that called security at the London festival when the crowd got too rowdy) do show he has a "take charge/take control"

Or there is something like reading too much into a thing.

Of course Halls will deal with photographers, security etc. , he knows how to do that. Does anyone expects Bomer, to shoo photographers, come on.

by Anonymousreply 134October 29, 2018 2:38 AM

R134 there's enough pics and videos to hazard a guess what kind of dynamic they have (at least in public anyway). There was a pic of Matt at TIFF giving an interview and even though his publicist was there, Simon was standing right behind Matt while she was behind Simon. I guess Simon must constantly be in work mode.

by Anonymousreply 135October 29, 2018 7:06 AM

[quote]Or there is something like reading too much into a thing.

And sometimes the simplest solution, or in this case answer, is the correct one.

Matt finds the time to tweet (and he is usually silent on Twitter) when he watches horror movies/shows he likes. He did it for Stranger Things, he did it for Creep, he did it today. He read the opening of a Lost Boys book. He probably likes horror.

He likes funny memes that involve bottoming and has for a long time (and doesn't care if anyone sees that he liked them) + other things covered in the thread. He's probably a bottom.

[quote] Does anyone expects Bomer, to shoo photographers, come on.

Oh, please! Plenty of celebrities do that for themselves. Quinto had zero problem doing that during BitB. Armie Hammer will tell you to leave him alone without flinching. Robert Downey Jr. will tell you to f-off. Emma Stone would give photographers the middle finger. The list goes on and on. There are going to be times when your publicist isn't around so celebs learn to do it.

Simon takes over for Matt in those situations and he's happy to let him rather than do it himself. Here, I agree and would say that has nothing to do with dominance. I would say that has a lot to do with Matt being too nice and Simon recognizing that. Without him he'd stand there and sign/pose for photos all day.

by Anonymousreply 136October 29, 2018 9:08 AM

Simon is most likely in publicist mode when he's with Matt at events, especially ones where Matt's own publicist isn't there e.g. London. Simon holding Matt's things is probably just a habit they've fallen into as Simon most likely holds his clients stuff when he's working

by Anonymousreply 137October 29, 2018 10:59 AM

Simon cares for Matt and takes care of him. It’s touching. Awwww

by Anonymousreply 138October 29, 2018 3:18 PM

Matt just posted this to Instagram.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 139October 30, 2018 4:32 AM

imagine matty bein ur daddy

swoooon

to hug and nestle and take naps with daddy would be so precious....

by Anonymousreply 140October 30, 2018 5:51 AM

Someone tweeted that Matt wouldn't take a video for her friend because "he doesn't work for free". That's so funny (he came back and took a selfie with her)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 141October 30, 2018 6:08 AM

Walker will need braces for that overcrowding just like Duckling had

Otherwise coming along very well. I am sure Mr Peabody has already got headshots squirreled away.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 142October 30, 2018 7:04 AM

Walker doesn't look like neither Matt or Simon. The other two boys look like Simon.

by Anonymousreply 143October 30, 2018 9:40 AM

R141 maybe he said it as a joke while at the same time avoiding the video.

by Anonymousreply 144October 30, 2018 9:41 AM

r141 that actually doesn't sound like something he would say to a fan...as an aside to his friends maybe, but not a fan.

by Anonymousreply 145October 30, 2018 11:35 AM

R139 Is that Simon? LOL, The kids look a lot like Simon's nephews with blond hair and light eyes.

by Anonymousreply 146October 30, 2018 11:57 AM

Poor Walker! Duckling’s fans will come up with any reasoning to hide the awful truth from their eyes.

by Anonymousreply 147October 30, 2018 12:08 PM

R141 he could have just been in a bad humour and wasn't in the mood to do a video. The comment itself is weird-funny but weird. An odd thing to say to a random person but he went back and let her take a selfie.

by Anonymousreply 148October 30, 2018 1:35 PM

There was a time last year when a fan mistook some other actor for him and ranted on Twitter. Turns out it wasn’t Matt. I can’t see Matt being this tactless.

by Anonymousreply 149October 30, 2018 2:24 PM

R149 you never know though. Everyone has bad days; she could have caught him at a bad time or he was just in not the best form. According to her other tweet he came back and let her take a selfie. He probably felt bad about being blunt. Who wouldn't get annoyed with people asking for photos and videos all the time?

by Anonymousreply 150October 30, 2018 3:18 PM

In the link, if the actor had said hi to her friends, they might have turned out to be objectionable in some way. Celebs have to be so careful. Videos can be edited, too.

by Anonymousreply 151October 30, 2018 3:26 PM

In a way, Matt is right. He makes his living being filmed and photographed.

by Anonymousreply 152October 30, 2018 3:27 PM

I guess we can remove the idea that Matt is always nice to people when you meet him from the list of things we say about Matt Bomer.

He could have apologized and said he was in a hurry, instead he was rude.

Celebs do have to be careful with saying things like that on camera because they never know what it's going to be used for. However, there are better ways to get out of that including, saying that.

by Anonymousreply 153October 30, 2018 3:38 PM

R153 he was a bit rude, so what? He could have said worse things to her. It's like people forget that celebrities are human too and aren't the flawless idols people make them out to be. People are people and they can have shitty moments. Everyone can have an off day, even the nicest of people. He was a bit of an ass to one person. Nobody's perfect

by Anonymousreply 154October 30, 2018 3:58 PM

Matt isn’t perfect???!!! Say it isn’t so! I love him. ❤️❤️❤️

by Anonymousreply 155October 30, 2018 4:11 PM

R154, So he was a bit rude, people are pointing out he was a bit rude, you're admitting he was a bit rude and are defensive of his rudeness.

This is a gossip board and people are discussing things.

by Anonymousreply 156October 30, 2018 4:20 PM

r153 I don't think I believe that rando girl's story. It sounds totally fake.

by Anonymousreply 157October 30, 2018 4:23 PM

R157, I believe that what she said happened did happen but I'd also totally believe it was someone else.

Who was it last time someone confused him with someone else? Cheyenne Jackson? It was hilarious that Matt saw what was being discussed and jumped into the conversation to stop it since he barely uses Twitter.

by Anonymousreply 158October 30, 2018 4:35 PM

Well, presumably she has the selfie to prove who it was.

by Anonymousreply 159October 30, 2018 5:29 PM

Not saying he’s perfect but he’s too image conscious to slip like that. He may refuse a pic but to say he won’t work for free? Nah don’t buy it. He’s never charged money for the countless pictures/videos with fans. Why would he even say that? Lol

by Anonymousreply 160October 30, 2018 8:07 PM

I seem to remember that it's not the first time that he didn't want to take a video with a fan, maybe she was rude and he didn't want people to record him, he's not a puppet in the hands of his fans and he always takes the time for a picture with them.

by Anonymousreply 161October 30, 2018 8:19 PM

[quote]Oh, please! Plenty of celebrities do that for themselves. Quinto had zero problem doing that during BitB. Armie Hammer will tell you to leave him alone without flinching. Robert Downey Jr. will tell you to f-off. Emma Stone would give photographers the middle finger. The list goes on and on. There are going to be times when your publicist isn't around so celebs learn to do it. Simon takes over for Matt in those situations and he's happy to let him rather than do it himself. Here, I agree and would say that has nothing to do with dominance. I would say that has a lot to do with Matt being too nice and Simon recognizing that. Without him he'd stand there and sign/pose for photos all day.

Matt Bomer isn't RDJ or De Niro. Do we not know the concept of individuality?

In situations like these Halls does what a publicist is used to do . It's a professional reflex and division of labor, and has nothing to do with any imagined "relationship dynamics" or "dominance".

by Anonymousreply 162October 30, 2018 8:30 PM

R160 he could have said it in a jokey way/sarcastic way too. It is a strange comment to make in general but it could have been during the play perhaps and he was a little tired of the stage door. Taking a video is a lot different than a selfie as he's being asked to talk and interact probably a lot more than he wants to. As a poster said before, videos can be edited so he could be wary of them.

by Anonymousreply 163October 30, 2018 9:27 PM

[quote]Matt Bomer isn't RDJ or De Niro. Do we not know the concept of individuality? In situations like these Halls does what a publicist is used to do . It's a professional reflex and division of labor, and has nothing to do with any imagined "relationship dynamics" or "dominance".

Simon is [bold]NOT[/bold] Matt's publicist.

Matt [bold]has[/bold] a publicist who is [bold]not[/bold] Simon.

Simon is his husband who [bold]happens to be[/bold] a publicist for directors and producers who are not Matt.

He is not paying Simon. Simon isn't on retainer. If he stepping in, he's doing it because he feels like he has to & because he knows it is okay to do so.

There is nothing wrong with saying Matt doesn't want to deal with those kinds of issues. It is not a failing on his part. It is, however, true that many celebrities would tell people to back off because it is something they often have to deal with no matter how you spin it.

by Anonymousreply 164October 30, 2018 10:08 PM

Agree with r160 - he is way too image conscious.

by Anonymousreply 165October 31, 2018 8:11 AM

R164 Simon may not be Matt's publicist but he trained Matt's publicist and probably can't switch off publicist mode even when present as husband. Also Matt's publicist aside aren't most of the publicists on Matt's low budget Indies going to be intimidated by the presence of a publicist of Simon Halls experience and reputation. And friendly and accommodating as Simon is noted for being on his appearances with Matt, his does a great intimating state.

by Anonymousreply 166October 31, 2018 5:26 PM

Papi Chulo will be realesed in US next spring.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 167October 31, 2018 6:43 PM

R164 while Simon is not Matt's publicist, he's clearly somewhat involved in Matt's career or lends a hand when needed. He was thanked in the credits for both Viper Club and Papi Chulo.

by Anonymousreply 168October 31, 2018 9:42 PM

Why doesn't a big studio hire Matt? it's kind of sad.

by Anonymousreply 169October 31, 2018 9:43 PM

R168, Of course, I'm not arguing that. That was in response to the person who was responding to the person saying that has nothing to do with their power dynamic in their relationship. If anything that adds to the idea that he's involved with many of the things Matt has done that we know him for except for White Collar.

The person was saying Simon steps in because it's a reflex from his job. I was saying Simon steps in because he feels like he needs to & Matt could easily shush off people if he wanted to. Simon does it because he loves him, because he knows he needs to do it and because Matt is okay with it. Matt has never come off as the kind of person who is brackish or rude to fans.

by Anonymousreply 170October 31, 2018 10:05 PM

FYI: There's no word if Doom Patrol will be at Comic-Con next year in San Diego but it's likely that the DC shows will be there and have panels since that's the outlet for these things.

Today is the last day to register for a Member ID to even apply to get tickets in November on November 10th, 2018.

You can't get a ticket unless you have a Member ID and you can't go without a ticket even if it's next year. You can always get rid of your tickets if the show isn't there but it's difficult to get one if you don't have one in the first place for the summer of 2019.

by Anonymousreply 171October 31, 2018 10:28 PM

R170 we'll probably never know if Simon had anything to do with With Collar or not. He could have had some influence there too.

Why do you think studios don't hire him R160? Aside from the obvious answer, it may also have to do with the fact that he doesn't have a steady TV role anymore. If TLT had been successful and gotten additional seasons than I think Matt would have nabbed some more studio film roles. Look at Claire Foy who plays the Queen in The Crown or even Sarah Paulson's work on AHS and ACS had boosted her profile. Both now steadily get work on TV and film.

by Anonymousreply 172October 31, 2018 10:59 PM

Duckling is also kind of fading, and better roles are given to actors who are “hot” (coming off a well received performance)

Despite the good notices that Papi Chulo is receiving, it will be a little seen indie.

by Anonymousreply 173November 1, 2018 12:49 AM

Let's play a game! every time a message include the words "duckling" or "peabody" we ignore it. Deal?.

by Anonymousreply 174November 1, 2018 1:20 AM

Family Halloween photo.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 175November 1, 2018 2:55 AM

Matt is too pretty for that mask.

by Anonymousreply 176November 1, 2018 5:14 AM

That + Negative Man. It's getting ridiculous.

by Anonymousreply 177November 1, 2018 5:36 AM

I’m sorry who is Mr Peabody supposed to be dressed as? Matt’s father?

by Anonymousreply 178November 1, 2018 5:50 AM

He's more than his looks. His face is still there under that mask.

He's set up for however long the Doom Patrol runs, R177.

He shot for less than a month, did a bunch of voice overs and only had to shoot flashbacks. He wasn't even the one wearing the costume. Easiest money he's probably ever made for being on every episode of a series. Who wouldn't take that?

by Anonymousreply 179November 1, 2018 6:30 AM

R177 oh wow shock, TV actors don't always get leading roles or do big shows for every single project. Sometimes they have to take smaller roles or voice over work e.g. Will & Grace/Doom Patrol to tie them over until something more substantial comes along.

by Anonymousreply 180November 1, 2018 7:17 AM

Some of Matt's fans think Simon is Matt's character from Walking Out.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 181November 1, 2018 8:01 AM

R181 ha possibly but more than likely just threw together the handiest semi-costume from what was in their house

by Anonymousreply 182November 1, 2018 8:34 AM

He's said that their kids choose who they are for Halloween.

So they're into Fortnite (Matt's costume is from the game) and I wouldn't put it past them to tell Simon to be Matt's character from "Walking Out" as a joke.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 183November 1, 2018 9:12 AM

Simon is so sexy!!

by Anonymousreply 184November 1, 2018 1:00 PM

Cute family

by Anonymousreply 185November 1, 2018 2:28 PM

I knew he wore that hat in that movie and the shirt in a different scene.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 186November 1, 2018 7:34 PM

I wanna be a falconer too!!

by Anonymousreply 187November 1, 2018 7:48 PM

I bet they role-play a lot

by Anonymousreply 188November 1, 2018 7:50 PM

Jeez, looking through Matt's Twitter timeline it's no wonder he barely uses the site. Some embarrassing fans there.

by Anonymousreply 189November 1, 2018 9:30 PM

Duckling has committed to another out of state public event, an appearance in Dallas for Beto O Rourke

Will he show up this time?

by Anonymousreply 190November 2, 2018 5:01 AM

R190 well since he's tweeted about it a two days before it's on then I'm sure he's going ha he didn't say a peep about The Aids Walk so it wasn't surprising he wasn't there

by Anonymousreply 191November 2, 2018 6:03 AM

R191, Will & Grace is on hiatus so he doesn't have to do that again until next year. I doubt he has anything booked between now and then since it's the holiday season. Finally, he's only a few hours away from his family so it wouldn't be surprising if he's doing this because he'll also get the chance to go and see them.

by Anonymousreply 192November 2, 2018 6:11 AM

Basically one or two of the girls have decided to quit twitter because they admit that they're obsessed with Matt and it's taking over their lives. A couple others have blocked that girl, and the Bomerbabe tattooed one that gave him the jacket, because they think they're weirdos for stalking them and being OTT obsessive.

Anyway lol, Matt is coming to Dallas this weekend to campaign for BETO, and I'm located here but what are the odds he actually shows up? A Wisconsin fiasco pt. 2 would be genuinely hilarious.

by Anonymousreply 193November 2, 2018 2:52 PM

R193 well I think anyone would agree that tweeting Matt on a daily basis, making friends with his co-stars, going to premieres/events multiple times when you're an adult woman is a sign of an unhealthy obssession. There's being a fan and and being overly invested and then there's just a different extreme which some of his fans fall into.

Well since he tweeted about being there yesterday I'd say it's very likely he'll show up. He never acknowledged Wisconsin in the weeks leading up to the event.

by Anonymousreply 194November 2, 2018 3:28 PM

I met a few of Matt’s avid fans in New York last summer and they seemed very nice. Obsessed but friendly, and also respectful of him. Some of them went to BITB performances every day for a week and also showed up at the stage door. Matt acknowledged them by name and kept moving along the crowd, signing things and posing for photos. I only went one time but it was fun. Matt was the most popular, but all the stars came out & said hello and signed my program. It’s a nice souvenir.

by Anonymousreply 195November 2, 2018 4:31 PM

R195 showing up at the stage door for a week is weird, regardless of how respectful you are. I met Matt at the stage door at the play and he was very kind and patient but I wouldn't dream of going more than once as I'd die of second-hand embarrassment. What's to be gained from having a 15/20 second interaction with someone? Just don't get the appeal myself. The novelty has to wear off after the second time

by Anonymousreply 196November 2, 2018 4:37 PM

Social media has turned fangurling into a competition in which these silly, foolish bitches try to outdo one another for social media bragging rights.

However, Duckling is culpable for enabling them by wearing their gifts, for example.

by Anonymousreply 197November 2, 2018 5:38 PM

R197 he clearly doesn't mind the fangirling. He seems very appreciative. Who wouldn't mind getting free gifts? He's very decent to his super fans, even the ones who really have serious boundary issues. Although I do think if they went too far (approaching his kids, tagging them on social media) he might act different

by Anonymousreply 198November 2, 2018 5:55 PM

R197 he clearly doesn't mind the fangirling. He seems very appreciative. Who wouldn't mind getting free gifts? He's very decent to his super fans, even the ones who really have serious boundary issues. Although I do think if they went too far (approaching his kids, tagging them on social media) he might act different

by Anonymousreply 199November 2, 2018 5:56 PM

Exactly R199, he doesn't mind it and seems appreciative but I'd add that ultimately he gets to go home and doesn't think about them. The problem is they don't stop thinking about him.

The super fangurls focus on him all the time. They're the first responses on his instagram. The first responses on his Twitter. The loopier ones send him pictures of themselves and talk to him about their lives as if he's going to respond and carry on a conversation and they'll be BFFs forever. I don't think he's completely aware of the depths of their madness because it doesn't concern him in his day to day actual life or else he'd probably hide from a couple of them. The problem is he seems to be the center of some of their lives and that's not healthy for them.

[quote]What's to be gained from having a 15/20 second interaction with someone? Just don't get the appeal myself. The novelty has to wear off after the second time

There's nothing to be gained from it at all. I too met him at the stage door one afternoon and he was nice and kind and that was all I wanted. I didn't feel the need to go back night after night as if the interaction would get better or he'd suddenly look into my eyes, decide he was straight and fall in love with me! I just wanted to say, "Okay, I had that moment. I met someone I respect and like. I'm glad to see he's nice in person. Time to move on." I'd never spend tons of money to travel all over the world to see him for 15/20 seconds if even that at a premiere.

There's a story about an actor who did Broadway and one of his super fans came to nearly all of his shows. One night at the stage door the actor turned to the woman and said something like, "Don't you have something better to do than to watch me dance on stage every night?" He meant it as a joke but he was also serious. The reality is, there are better things to do. You two will never become friends. You two will never become lovers. Save your money, wave hello and move on. Matt, of course, is far too nice to say that.

I'd add: I don't mind his super fans that have all become friends because of their love of him. The ones that meet up and go out together and eat and drink and talk. They got something out of it other than a 15/20 second interaction. They made friends with each other.

by Anonymousreply 200November 2, 2018 6:58 PM

R200 there's no harm being a super fan at all as like you said, you could actually end up making some good friends from the fandom. But when it's a case that you're spending thousands to travel across the world just stand at a stage door every night or travel to multiple premieres, you clearly have an unhealthy obsession.

For Matt it's just part and parcel of being in the public eye; he's probably used to it by now and the fans are probably only a small part of his day either when he posts something online or meets them at an event/premiere. You can tell some of his super fans are desperate to get noticed by him and somehow believe that he cares about them as "friends". Sorry but seeing some of the hard-core fans make friends with his co-star from Papi Chulo was pretty weird. Obviously they could have gotten on well with him but the motivation was to get closer to Matt. They even to the after-party with the guy. It's pretty desperate that they have such a lack of self-awareness.

I'm sure Matt appreciate the fans but I'm sure at times that he's probably like "oh it's you....again".

by Anonymousreply 201November 2, 2018 7:46 PM

There's this fan who tweets him her life, illnesses, etc. Then a few day later updates him on her condition as he gives a fuck! it's funny to watch. Others thank him for letting them being part of his life. hahahaha

by Anonymousreply 202November 2, 2018 7:57 PM

Middle-aged women acting like lovestruck teenagers-its funny but a little sad. Trying to get the attention of a gay man to satisfy some weird fantasy is so odd. They also infantize and sanitize him to an unbelievable extent-as if he's only a young innocent man, not a 41-year old man with kids

by Anonymousreply 203November 2, 2018 9:45 PM

R201 wait, wait they went to an after party with Alejandro Patino counting on Matt coming as well? This is so delusional he went somewhere to a gay club with John Butler and a herd of straight middle aged women had to be the last thing on his mind.

by Anonymousreply 204November 2, 2018 9:55 PM

R204 well to be fair it does look like there was a bit of a reception at a hotel and then Matt and John went off elsewhere. The fans did not get that invite ha

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 205November 2, 2018 10:28 PM

[quote]This is so delusional he went somewhere to a gay club with John Butler and a herd of straight middle aged women had to be the last thing on his mind.

They went to G-A-Y which was very close (about a 4 minute walk away) from where the film was showing the first night.

It's cheap and full of mostly full of youngish people. While they do let straight people in occasionally they're not above telling a group of 40 something year old women to back off.

by Anonymousreply 206November 2, 2018 10:30 PM

If Matt had been out from the start of the career and had been more about his relationships, do you think he'd still have the same fanbase?

by Anonymousreply 207November 2, 2018 10:39 PM

Yes.

by Anonymousreply 208November 2, 2018 10:41 PM

None of those fans thinks he would ever have sex with them, even if he were straight. They just like his looks and public personality. They do like to feel like they are “friends” with him, in a way.

by Anonymousreply 209November 2, 2018 10:50 PM

R209 they still think he's Neal Caffery. I've seen a few tweets which come off as more than just "I wish he was my friend. It's only natural though; he was marketed to straight women for most of his career. If he'd been out from the get-go, perhaps perceptions of him would have been different

by Anonymousreply 210November 2, 2018 10:53 PM

Trick question R207.

If he were out from the start of his career publicly, he would have never gotten White Collar, Chuck or Traveler back in that time in history.

So he wouldn't have that fanbase at all since he picked up most of them from White Collar.

While gay men find him attractive they're not his movie going/tv watching/tweeting about him constantly fanbase. They're much more interested in Henry Caville, Troye Sivan, Timothée Chalamet, Shawn Mendes, Adam Rippon and Gus Kenworthy. You have to be funny, muscular and or youthful. So he completely missed that audience.

[quote]None of those fans thinks he would ever have sex with them, even if he were straight.

Oh no, no, no, no, no. There are romantic fantasies involved for many of them. They know it won't happen but some obviously have thought about him sexually. They're not going to bat for Steve Buschemi.

by Anonymousreply 211November 2, 2018 10:53 PM

There's this British fan who's said on more than one occasion that she thinks he's bi. That sounds like she had/has hopes. But most of his fans really just love his looks (not even all his work) and don't give a fuck he's gay, as they had no chance anyway.

by Anonymousreply 212November 2, 2018 11:13 PM

It's because White Collar got adopted by the fanfic community: once that happens, you're stuck for life with these freaks. They write tons of hardcore porn, including rape porn, about his character Neal and that other guy. They're stalking Matt because they're sexually attracted to the fantasties they make about him. That's why they want to see him in person and touch his arm.

It's misfit women -- 40s/50s, sad teenagers, age less relevant than discomfort with your own sexuality so you remove the female body from your sex fantasties & replace it with your dream man getting fucked by another dream man.

The other commonality is being physically unattractive, whether by bad luck (the teens) or by being overweight or off-puttingly mentally ill -- so they have no outlets to have satisfying sex in real life. Fanfic porn it is, plus generally having given up on life to the extent that you just don't care about throwing your dignity out the window to stalk these guys and devoting so much time to it.

by Anonymousreply 213November 2, 2018 11:59 PM

R213 lol who hurt you dear? Why so triggered. Plenty of his fans genuinely like him for his qualities including but not limited to his beauty. Are you guys new to celebrity fandoms? Every celebrity has crazy devoted fans even Steve Buschemi & Roseanne. You think their fans want to bang them? Fans like people come in all shapes and sizes. There were plenty attractive fans when I saw him in NYC.

by Anonymousreply 214November 3, 2018 12:15 AM

R214 It's not normal to be THAT invested in a complete stranger because you find him attractive with good qualities

by Anonymousreply 215November 3, 2018 12:25 AM

R214, "some" of his fans want to bang him not "all" of his fans but of course you took the most extreme reaction to R213's comment.

R213 isn't completely off base although it sounded very harsh. There are some great fanfics out there but then there are some really creepy ones. Let's not act like that's not the case because if you did you would be 100% wrong. You'd have to ask yourself what's going on in some of their heads that they would write that.

Not all of your points are sound. Roseanne really doesn't have fans like this.

However, you are right, there are many fans who like him because of some of his other qualities. Of course, he is more than his beauty but not all of his fans see that. Those are the same fans bitching because he took a role where you'll barely see him on camera and his character's face is covered. He's an ACTOR. He didn't give a flip about losing a disgusting amount of weight for The Normal Heart because he doesn't see himself the same way some of his fans do.

Of course, if people realized that then they might have to see him as a person who might be weirded out by some of the stuff his fans do. Donate money to charity instead of seeing him perform every night of the week. Make a photo book for your best friend instead of a celeb you're only going to meet for less than a minute. Don't run up to his husband and say hi to his children when he isn't around just because you spotted them. Any mother would be weirded out by someone doing that to their kids even if they act perfectly nice about it. Don't go to his house or talk about seeing it on "google images" or stalk him when he's working.

There are some really great, normal fans out there but then there are a few extreme ones and that's what people are talking about.

by Anonymousreply 216November 3, 2018 12:33 AM

"But most of his fans really just love his looks (not even all his work) and don't give a fuck he's gay, as they had no chance anyway."

That's how his sane fans feel, except that they also like his personality, his down to earth persona.

by Anonymousreply 217November 3, 2018 12:34 AM

And don’t forget, he encourages them by liking some of their tweet and saying happy birthday, though not as much as he used to.

by Anonymousreply 218November 3, 2018 1:42 AM

Fangurling is rooted in the fact that women view other women as competition and feel they must “compete” for the attention of a man. That is why they all try to “outdo” each other.

by Anonymousreply 219November 3, 2018 3:08 AM

[quote]And don’t forget, he encourages them by liking some of their tweet and saying happy birthday, though not as much as he used to.

[bold]They are 100% responsible for their own behavior.[/bold] It's not on him if his very [bold]minimal[/bold] kindness is taken incorrectly by people who have issues.

Most people know a "Happy Birthday" or a "Like" is just that. The large majority of people do. You can't say, "don't be nice to anyone" because it encourages the 5 or 6 people who think it means they're best friends.

He's not encouraging them as much as he's being a normal human being.

by Anonymousreply 220November 3, 2018 4:17 AM

R220 he's just being kind to his fans-its part of his job. They read too much into his interaction with the fandom. A like or a happy birthday wish isn't an indication that he prefers a fan over the other. If he's getting tweets from the same fans day in day out hes obviously going to notice them more.

If any adult woman thinks it's ok to go to multiple screenings of a film within the same week while he's there or hang by the stage door every night then they have a problem. If you think celebrities don't get weirded out by that behaviour, think again. Matt's hardly going to say to them "oh hey, you're hear so much, let's go out for dinner and we can talk more". Most of the fan behaviour is harmless rather it's just embarrassing as hell. Jesus, if he was straight it would 10 times worse.

by Anonymousreply 221November 3, 2018 5:32 AM

I find Matt extremely apathetic on Twitter and a bit of a snob. He should relax a little.

by Anonymousreply 222November 3, 2018 6:18 AM

I personally prefer the way he behaves on twitter...he is not overly familiar, and keeps it mostly professional. Most of the crazies are on twitter.

I also like that he is not like other celebs who share everything about his life on Insta. A little here and there is fine, but also mostly work stuff.

by Anonymousreply 223November 3, 2018 7:09 AM

His Twitter his keeps for all his promo, event news, and charity stuff. The odd time he'll share a recommendation about a show/play but he's fairly over the site (probably because his timeline is filled with stupid fan tweets) He prefers IG and that's his more personal social media. But I do agree with R223, he's not overly personal and still maintains degree of privacy. He'll post photos of his family but the captions are generic/non-specific e.g. Happy Halloween/Happy 4th of July. In comparison to other celebs posts/captions, he doesn't give much away. Despite him posting pics of Simon, no one could honestly tell you about their relationship. Even during BITB he'd told nearly half the world he loved them in his IG posts before his own partner got the same treatment (His father's day post was rather conservative as he used a fan collage instead of a personal pic). He knows how to say something without actually saying much. It's the persona he's set for himself I guess.

by Anonymousreply 224November 3, 2018 8:22 AM

Wow, he showed up in Dallas.

by Anonymousreply 225November 3, 2018 6:40 PM

R224, He's been over Twitter since he blocked that trans actress and had articles written about it in the Hollywood Reporter. He seems very concerned with saying or doing the right thing. Even before that people reported that he searched his own name and blocked people who said negative things about him. Twitter isn't the kind of platform for overly sensitive people. Some people were still attacking him when Anything came out. He never really learned how to sort out all the noise so he barely *talks* on it but he likes random tweets almost every day so he's most certainly watching.

[quote]Even during BITB he'd told nearly half the world he loved them in his IG posts before his own partner got the same treatment (His father's day post was rather conservative as he used a fan collage instead of a personal pic).

Instagram is all for show and it's FOR HIS FANS and co-workers and the general public.

He can literally pick up the phone and call his husband, text him or see him in person. I think he's very aware of that.

R224, he never posted Father's Day posts and then people HERE started bitching about the fact that he really damn well should and he suddenly made his first one ever. (That wasn't for him, that was for us.) Simon responded very dryly. They were probably both rolling their eyes the entire time. We see their lives, but they have to live them.

Then again, he'll talk about Gaga but only post PR approved pics. He'll tell Andrew Happy birthday and post PR approved previously publicized pics. He'll say it to Zachary and post a personal one. (A sign! They're genuinely friends and have been for years!)

Occasionally he'll post more personal pics in posts and delete the pics later leaving only one or two non-personal pics that were already released somewhere else. When it comes to his family he is a bit more lax. He is very careful about only posting pics that are approved OR giving photo credit.

But as said by R224 and by people for threads and threads before that, he's adept at saying a lot while saying nothing at all but that's completely intentional.

by Anonymousreply 226November 3, 2018 6:47 PM

I can’t imagine being a celebrity on today’s climate. Juggling privacy and to show genuine caring for fans isn’t easy. He was reluctant to join social media. I think he’s doing fine. He’s savvy. His interviews reflect the same. I respect that.

by Anonymousreply 227November 3, 2018 6:59 PM

He's on twitter today, back in Texas trying to get out the vote for Beto.

by Anonymousreply 228November 4, 2018 12:29 AM

She’s had a visit from mr needle

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 229November 4, 2018 5:12 AM

Beau Tox?

by Anonymousreply 230November 4, 2018 7:00 AM

He was also wearing the same type of shirt/jacket that Simon wore in London/Halloween-except in pink

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 231November 4, 2018 7:13 AM

R230, Nope. He hasn't done anything. There are a couple of close-ups of his face and it looks normal.

There's even a bit of acne, head lines and that scar from him bumping his head when he went to London.

None of this diminishes how handsome he is and it's telling that it doesn't because you thought he had something done.

by Anonymousreply 232November 4, 2018 7:48 AM

I was more replying to R229’s “needles” comment. Apart from the foundation he wears for red carpets and photo ops (to avoid the shiny/greasy look) he doesn’t need any help.

I still remember the part in BITB where he says something like “Well, am I stunning?” and the audience spontaneously cheered and laughed, stopping the show for a beat or two. Abso-freaking-lutely correct, you are stunning.

by Anonymousreply 233November 4, 2018 8:25 AM

What scar?, he is wearing bandages or something around his fingers.

by Anonymousreply 234November 4, 2018 8:30 AM

That's why he had that x-ray done. He hurt it obvs.

by Anonymousreply 235November 4, 2018 8:40 AM

That scar, R234.

As for his fingers, he said the finger issue occurred with his pinkie.

He's wearing what they call a "buddy splint" which attaches to both the injured finger and the one over to help it along. They're usually for sprained or "jammed" fingers.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 236November 4, 2018 8:46 AM

I still don't see the scar. The one on his hairline he's had it forever.

by Anonymousreply 237November 4, 2018 8:50 AM

It's the brown blotch on the center of his forehead. It showed up in another picture from today based on the lighting. It's not important anyway. Was just stating he hasn't had any work done since the "botox troll" was out again.

by Anonymousreply 238November 4, 2018 9:12 AM

Where’s the guy who said he had a ticket to the event last night? How was it? Report back!

by Anonymousreply 239November 4, 2018 1:05 PM

Botox is just R229’s way of saying Matt looked good.

by Anonymousreply 240November 4, 2018 1:06 PM

Wonder did he go on his own or did he bring Simon/family from Texas (although I imagine they would be republicans)

by Anonymousreply 241November 4, 2018 1:47 PM

Look how thin she is! The dyke could snap him in two.

Is this for a role?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 242November 4, 2018 3:56 PM

reply 242 So it isn't just gay men that you hate, you're afraid of women too. That explains a lot poor baby!

by Anonymousreply 243November 4, 2018 4:53 PM

Jesus Beto towers over Duckling.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 244November 4, 2018 5:09 PM

r242 he doesn't look that thin.

by Anonymousreply 245November 4, 2018 6:08 PM

R245 he's been that size since they filmed Papi Chulo. I saw him in New York and couldn't get over how slim he was-especially his legs. He's always had a naturally small frame, it's just more noticeable when he's beside average sized people

by Anonymousreply 246November 4, 2018 6:18 PM

Simon probably likes twinks.

by Anonymousreply 247November 4, 2018 7:16 PM

Matt isn't that short. Beto is 6'5".

by Anonymousreply 248November 4, 2018 7:23 PM

[quote]he's been that size since they filmed Papi Chulo. I saw him in New York and couldn't get over how slim he was-especially his legs. He's always had a naturally small frame, it's just more noticeable when he's beside average sized people

When asked about his diet during The Boys in the Band the cast added in that he wasn't eating. (Simultaneously, without consulting each other and it didn't come off like they were completely joking.) He was ripped there but also rail thin with a butt in person. LOL. Presumably he was preparing to be naked on stage in Boys in the Band while doing Papi Chulo since rehearsals started right after.

He actually looks like he has gained a couple of pounds since The Boys in the Band but he's only got Will & Grace coming up (that we know about) after their hiatus and to me he looks more normal than he has in a long time.

His natural weight is probably how he looked after he shot season one of The Last Tycoon and pretty close to what he looks like now. You can only really tell in his face. He's still thin but he isn't Boys in the Band thin but a few pounds heavier than he is now.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 249November 4, 2018 8:23 PM

All that weight loss for different roles has to take a toll on the body. Saw an interview last year when where he was doing The Normal Heart he didn't care if he put his health at risk as he was so committed to the role, which is all sorts of messed up, especially when he has kids.

by Anonymousreply 250November 4, 2018 9:33 PM

Not really. Lots of actors do that sort of thing.

by Anonymousreply 251November 4, 2018 10:25 PM

That's right R251.

The only thing he said his doctor warned him about was doing a shift like he did from The Normal Heart to Magic Mike. He told him to hold off for a while on taxing his body like that. He did until he did The Last Tycoon.

I like him thin or a little more than thin or however he chooses to look. I always liked him in this photo from his downtime which is a bit different than his face looks now.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 252November 4, 2018 10:39 PM

I hope he's not anorexic.

by Anonymousreply 253November 4, 2018 10:55 PM

It would not surprise me if he’s developed some kind of eating disorder given his obvious neurosis about his looks.

Look at him tonight, he set the makeup gun to “whore.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 254November 5, 2018 4:05 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 255November 5, 2018 4:06 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 256November 5, 2018 4:07 AM

Anyone who's in the public eye and is regularly on screen and photographed is bound to be a lot more concerned/insecure about their looks and their weight than most others. Lot of pressure to stay young in Hollywood. Must become an obsession

by Anonymousreply 257November 5, 2018 5:20 AM

Seriously wtf

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 258November 5, 2018 9:08 AM

I don't get it.

by Anonymousreply 259November 5, 2018 4:16 PM

R258 the pictures you link to seem perfectly ordinary black tie pictures

by Anonymousreply 260November 5, 2018 6:16 PM

R260, R259 -- that's what you two get for paying attention to the Duckling Troll & wondering why anything it posts doesn't make sense.

by Anonymousreply 261November 5, 2018 7:35 PM

When are you going to start ignoring the troll, people?

by Anonymousreply 262November 6, 2018 12:10 AM

How depressing is gonna be for Matt and everyone if the Republicans win tomorrow. 2016 2.0

by Anonymousreply 263November 6, 2018 12:14 AM

I think I will be more depressed for the children in cages than I will for Matt Bomer, R263.

by Anonymousreply 264November 6, 2018 12:19 AM

When Duckling's head hits the pillow.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 265November 6, 2018 12:20 AM

Matt speech he gave in Dallas.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 266November 6, 2018 5:48 PM

Good speech....once again he admits wasnt easy with his family...his sister seems to be realy his first advocate in the family

by Anonymousreply 267November 6, 2018 6:02 PM

I'm sure his brother is a bit of an asshole. he never ever mentions him. Except when he told the story of how he idolized him as a child.

by Anonymousreply 268November 6, 2018 6:44 PM

Didn't someone mention on hear before that his brother's wife was a Trump supporter or something? (Or maybe it was someone else). Well he seems closest to his mother and sister anyway.

by Anonymousreply 269November 6, 2018 7:07 PM

R268, He has also told stories about his brother lending him his ID to go to gay bars when he wasn't 21 and protecting him when his brother got him a job working on a gas pipeline. He mentioned his sister in law once at some kind of White Collar audience Q&A (I think that was the event.)

It seems like the brother doesn't have a problem with him being gay but either the politics may be off or something happened between them a few years ago and now. I did catch a hint of sadness when he talked about how how used to idolize him in that interview but he quickly changed subjects.

R269, They said she was making anti-BlackLivesMatter posts on Facebook. But yeah, he seems closest to his mother (who even came to see him on Broadway) and sister (who we saw him hanging out with) and will often mention his father.

Unless he's telling a story about the past he doesn't mention his brother in the present which is sad.

by Anonymousreply 270November 6, 2018 7:35 PM

R270 there might not be anything bad between them but they could just not be that close. Grew apart as they got older perhaps? If his sister-in-law shares anti-black lives matter stuff on social media I can imagine his brother could quite possibly share similar views. I imagine it would be hard to be around family members with more conservative views when you are a minority group yourself. In the speech on Sat he mentioned how his parents were very involved in him and Simon'/kids lives and thanked his sister and her husband for being there. No mention of the brother. Then again, nothing new about siblings not being close. Happens in a lot of families

by Anonymousreply 271November 6, 2018 7:48 PM

I enjoy listening to him speak. He is quite eloquent.

by Anonymousreply 272November 6, 2018 8:10 PM

R271, Nothing new about siblings not being close, that's true but he does seems close to his family and even old (non-hollywood) friends ... so, yeah. I do remember seeing pictures of his father at the Walking Out premiere along with his great grandmother. He also said he did that small role in Magnificent Seven for him since his father was a fan of the other movie. It's nice to know he's still close to them no matter how big he has gotten. He seems like a great guy.

by Anonymousreply 273November 6, 2018 8:38 PM

He knew Beto probably wouldn’t win, but he still put himself out there and did what he could. I admire that.

by Anonymousreply 274November 7, 2018 12:46 PM

He may not be the sexiest man alive (according to People) but he is the sexiest Matt!

by Anonymousreply 275November 9, 2018 3:57 PM

I'm guessing a random non-nativr English speaking fan made edits to Matt's Wikipedia page? It's like an in-depth study all of his roles.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 276November 10, 2018 7:32 AM

He did a group "ice bath" with his celebrity personal trainer on Instagram stories.

by Anonymousreply 277November 10, 2018 11:14 PM

That looked hot.

by Anonymousreply 278November 10, 2018 11:30 PM

His personal trainer has the shittiest body I’ve ever seen on a celebrity person trainer. Not one ab.

James Marsden’s trainer is da bomb.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 279November 10, 2018 11:41 PM

Oh god

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 280November 10, 2018 11:45 PM

R278, There's a whole "Iceman" Method (based upon the guy who could survive super cold temperatures) fitness tour going on now. They're in LA today. They make them sit in there and yell. They also teach meditation, ice bathing and breathing. There's been a bunch of tv specials and a few docs on it.

R279, Tyler is a model. This guy trains Billy Eichner, that Tucker guy he is friends with, and a bunch of other random celebs. They've been friends for a long time.

by Anonymousreply 281November 10, 2018 11:47 PM

Shittiest body? the trainer is hot. Is he gay? Matt should totally ride that.

by Anonymousreply 282November 10, 2018 11:50 PM

Tyler trains Luke MacFarlane in addition to James Marsden.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 283November 10, 2018 11:51 PM

Sorry this is an awful body for a Hollywood personal trainer.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 284November 10, 2018 11:53 PM

[quote]Matt should totally ride that.

He's married you idiot at R282.

by Anonymousreply 285November 10, 2018 11:57 PM

He's Simon personal trainer too, btw where is Simon? I want to see him getting naked in that ice bath.

by Anonymousreply 286November 11, 2018 1:27 AM

R286, I thought I recognized him from a video where he was training Simon.

I guess Matt has one more episode of Will & Grace to film after he finishes this one. I'm happy he is dipping his toes in comedy but I can't wait until he books another hour long weekly series.

by Anonymousreply 287November 11, 2018 1:32 AM

R282 the trainer is straight. His gf is on Instagram too. He was rumoured to have gone out with Dakota Johnson a few years back. He posted on his stories earlier on the week that he'll be on Bruce Bo zzi's radio show soon.

by Anonymousreply 288November 11, 2018 1:52 AM

[quote]I want to see him getting naked in that ice bath.

They were all in shorts in the middle of a parking lot with like 40 other people. Girl, please.

Simon is 55. He doesn't need to jump into a pool of ice and chant. LOL

by Anonymousreply 289November 11, 2018 2:09 AM

R289 Simon's too busy staying at home with the kids for the second weekend in a row. No quality/quantitative (or whatever he calls it) for them this weekend.

by Anonymousreply 290November 11, 2018 3:02 AM

why doesnt Matt get more roles

by Anonymousreply 291November 11, 2018 3:39 AM

R290, if they're like other parents with money their kids are probably busy all week and the weekend with activities. They even send the kids away for most of the summer. That workshop ends at 4 during the day so he wasn't doing it all day.

It's weird when celebrities raise their kids like that when most of them didn't grow up like that themselves but to each their own.

by Anonymousreply 292November 11, 2018 4:02 AM

R291 why do you think? It's not that hard to figure out.

R293 meh, I guess it's Hollywood parenting at its finest. He really does seem like a part-time parent. I do get sending the kids away for summer camp as the older the kids get the more restless they become and it's good to mix with other kids from different areas.

by Anonymousreply 293November 11, 2018 4:17 AM

Oh god

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 294November 11, 2018 11:48 AM

R295 oh wow. Cringe. The shit that passes for "health' under the guise of "wellness".

by Anonymousreply 295November 11, 2018 12:45 PM

He is so hot when he is not trying.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 296November 11, 2018 3:37 PM

A fan shared this on tumblr about Matt and Simon in London.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 297November 14, 2018 10:17 AM

"My boy" so possessive!

by Anonymousreply 298November 14, 2018 2:44 PM

That's actually funny R297. Someone on here posted a year or two ago that they had heard Simon called Matt "His boy". Guess they weren't wrong!

by Anonymousreply 299November 14, 2018 6:44 PM

"My boy" can be used in place of "my guy," or "my man." It doesn't imply possessiveness.

"My Boy" is pretty common slang for your very best friend or someone that you're proud of.

by Anonymousreply 300November 14, 2018 8:54 PM

In bed with David Schwimmer

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 301November 15, 2018 2:11 AM

Rainbow socks

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 302November 15, 2018 2:13 AM

Jesus Duckling makes McCormack look ancient. It’s like looking at him and Mr Peabody. (McC is one year Peabody’s senior). Casting fail.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 303November 17, 2018 12:56 AM

R302, and how unceleb no info on where to buy and discount code

I wonder if the boy's or his sister see items like the rainbow socks and think Matt

by Anonymousreply 304November 17, 2018 12:30 PM

Matt went to Alejandro's play last night. Alejandro seems like a very sweet guy (although he's made friends with some of Matt's more obssesed fans which is a little weird but each to their own).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 305November 17, 2018 2:42 PM

R305 Alejandro probably doesn't inspire obsession among fans, hence he may be as cautious as he should be.

by Anonymousreply 306November 17, 2018 4:17 PM

R306 in fairness, it must be nice for him to get fans engaging with him and praising him as he's been an actor for years and years and this seems like his biggest. Don't blame him for interacting with people but I'd bee a little reluctant to make a friendship with fans who are obviously obssesed with his co-star!

by Anonymousreply 307November 17, 2018 4:35 PM

How is matt's skin so line free? Is it retin-a, botox, laser, chemical peels and microdermabration, sunscreen and sunhats or a combination.

by Anonymousreply 308November 17, 2018 5:27 PM

She's had more needles stuck in his face than in Amy Winehouse's elbow.

by Anonymousreply 309November 17, 2018 5:41 PM

R308 probably all of the above. Guessing it's a combination of botox and expensive facial treatments/skincare regimes.

by Anonymousreply 310November 17, 2018 5:43 PM

He sometimes looks like he has "Obagi" face without makeup just like jlo or kim k anyone else see that.

by Anonymousreply 311November 17, 2018 5:48 PM

He looks like a every other actor who spends money on treatments and procedures to keep his face fresh

by Anonymousreply 312November 17, 2018 5:56 PM

Alejandro is being used by those wacky fans, he's a fool not to see that. Poor guy.

by Anonymousreply 313November 17, 2018 6:06 PM

R313 I do think they genuinely like Alejandro but their motivation is clearly to get as many chances to meet Matt or get his attention. They probably think that if they're friends with Alejandro then they have a chance of getting closer to Matt. Weird. Matt appreciates his fans but he very much keeps his distance and maintains boundaries.

by Anonymousreply 314November 17, 2018 6:20 PM

[quote]How is matt's skin so line free? Is it retin-a, botox, laser, chemical peels and microdermabration, sunscreen and sunhats or a combination.

It isn't line free, at all.

You'd have to see him close up, without makeup or find a high resolution photo. He definitely has them on his head.

He has posted ads on his instagram of some skin treatment center he goes to where they do some kind of on the skin rub in botox-like treatment which is supposed to be all natural. He also eats well knows how to do his own makeup.

As one fan said, we went from looking ethereal on tv to looking like a handsome boy next door in person.

[quote]I do think they genuinely like Alejandro but their motivation is clearly to get as many chances to meet Matt or get his attention.

I agree. They do like him but are just getting close to him because of his association with Matt. However, the man has been acting for over 30 years and is probably in his 60s so he probably knows and has some boundaries.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 315November 17, 2018 6:33 PM

R316 I've seen him up close and he doesn't look overly botoxified. He was wearing makeup but you can defintely tell he's had a little help in the skin department but it's not too overdone. He obviously looks after his skin very well, gets expensive peels and some botox. Nothing out of the ordinary there for someone who's in the public eye.

I'm sure Alejandro does have boundaries but he's probably not used to getting this much attention from people as he's had smaller roles in his career. It's all harmless most likely but inviting them to the after party in London was a bit of a head scratcher. If my co-star's fans constantly posted pics and tweets of them, I'd be a little wary of inviting them to a party that he'd be at.

by Anonymousreply 316November 17, 2018 6:49 PM

[quote]I've seen him up close and he doesn't look overly botoxified. He was wearing makeup but you can defintely tell he's had a little help in the skin department but it's not too overdone. He obviously looks after his skin very well, gets expensive peels and some botox.

I've seen him up close too. Most of us have at this point after this summer! LOL!

He looked great. He looked handsome. And yes, as I said, it's obvious (and I don't think he's hiding it) he has done things . As someone mentioned he had a dark spot, on the side of his face, on his jawline, that completely disappeared over the years. I don't think he's doing as much as some of his peers would do at his age. I don't think he's getting injected all the time. He is only 41 after all! (And there is a noticeable difference between him and Eric McCormack who is 55.)

He seems to look like a person that is aging very well instead of a person that went overboard and bought a new face.

I'm hoping he never goes full tilt and does that. I think seeing him not care about Simon's looks and his general denials/shrugging/quick thank you responses when people tell him he's attractive lends itself to the idea that while he is good looking he is probably not that much of a looks oriented person. Even when he interacts with fans he's not picking and choosing the "attractive" ones and treating them differently. He's kind to everyone.

by Anonymousreply 317November 17, 2018 7:07 PM

R317 ha I do think Simon was rather handsome when he was a bit younger. Simon's just aged like a normal 54-year old. He's clearly never bothered getting any work done-doesn't even dye his hair

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 318November 17, 2018 7:27 PM

R318, ITA! He was rather handsome when he was younger, and I still think he looks adorable now.

It does say something that even though he has a job that is entertainment based, and he's surrounded by attractive people all the time (including other gay men his age who seem to have all had plastic surgery,) he himself hasn't felt the pressure to do anything at all. It says something about his values.

by Anonymousreply 319November 17, 2018 7:31 PM

Mr Peabody at his best look like the schlubby love child of Roddy McDowall and Anthony Perkins.

by Anonymousreply 320November 17, 2018 7:32 PM

Yeah it's actually rather surprising that Simon never bothered getting work done. For someone working in Hollywood and constantly being surrounded by beautiful actors you'd think he'd jump on the bandwagon and follow suit but he just didn't. Maybe he thought he'd never have to pose himself on the red carpet or have cameras pointed at him. He doesn't seem to like being too much in the spotlight e.g. only occasionally poses with Matt at events and keeps his IG private

by Anonymousreply 321November 17, 2018 7:42 PM

Mr Peabody appears to favor his little goldmine, er, Walker.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 322November 22, 2018 12:41 PM

Does anyone know why they're spending the holiday in Houston? I know Matt is from Texas, but he's from Spring I thought?

by Anonymousreply 323November 22, 2018 1:32 PM

Spring is next to Houston you freaking dumbass

by Anonymousreply 324November 22, 2018 1:44 PM

Aw I'm so sorry O-Wise-One for not being an expert on the geographical layout of Texas! I'll pray you can forgive my absolutely sickening transgressions, drama queen.

by Anonymousreply 325November 22, 2018 1:50 PM

R325, stop interacting with the Duckling troll by muting it like everyone else did and you will have a much more pleasant visit in this thread.

by Anonymousreply 326November 22, 2018 5:41 PM

From a fan at the London Film Festival.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 327November 26, 2018 8:09 PM

Mr Peabody is Father Duck who watches over Duckling so he doesn't run headfirst into traffic.

How many times does this have to be explained?

by Anonymousreply 328November 26, 2018 8:12 PM

R327 The crowd at that film festival did seem over zealous, don't blame Simon for being cautious. Although, I'd say by now Simon can probably tell when Matt wants to leave the red carpet or finish up with the fans. By Simon signalling it time to go, it stops Matt from having to do it

by Anonymousreply 329November 27, 2018 5:32 AM

R329 I agree. I'm glad Matt has a good man as a husband.

by Anonymousreply 330November 27, 2018 7:22 AM

Neither Duckling nor Mr Peabody appeared to be in attendance at Ryan Murphy’s Hollywood Star ceremony.

Did Murphy fire Simon?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 331December 4, 2018 10:28 PM

Never mind I found mr Peabody. His hair is thinning quite drastically I didn’t recognize him.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 332December 4, 2018 10:33 PM

R332 well he is in his mid 50s now. Matt's in Atlanta filming-That's why he wasn't there

by Anonymousreply 333December 5, 2018 5:31 AM

Don't feed the Duckling Troll R333.

by Anonymousreply 334December 5, 2018 5:36 AM

He really doesn't give much thought to his Twitter anymore does he? Granted he is working atm but he rarely bothers with it now

by Anonymousreply 335December 5, 2018 8:53 AM

He is still filming that stupid show? I thought that was over and done with.

by Anonymousreply 336December 5, 2018 9:50 AM

Evidently not

by Anonymousreply 337December 5, 2018 12:37 PM

A lot of regular Twitter users are leaving Twitter and migrating to Instagram.

It's a very toxic environment.

It's also a place where many are more visible. A couple of hundred likes on Twitter is nothing to tens of thousands on Instagram.

But he still checks in on Twitter without commenting every few days or every day when he's not working.

by Anonymousreply 338December 5, 2018 12:58 PM

R338 IG seems to suit his personality more and its better for videos and ads. Plus it's a lot easier to avoid all those weird posts his stans make on Twitter

by Anonymousreply 339December 5, 2018 6:24 PM

R339 His "personality" is highly PR aware actor. Twitter isn't a good environment for that. Just look at Armie Hammer's issues these past few years.

Matt really began to make his exit from Twitter after the "Anything" backlash. First he got into trouble for blocking the wrong person.

Then he got bombarded with nasty comments about what a horrible person he was when he logged on from trans activists. Then they started happening AGAIN when the movie actually came out.

For someone that doesn't like criticism, or negativity, it's not a good platform. Twitter encourages conversation, Instagram is more presentational.

by Anonymousreply 340December 5, 2018 6:58 PM

R340 he was never really suited to Twitter in the first place. It's better for better who like to tweet "hot takes" or comment about their lives. With IG he has a lot more control and can let the pictures do the talking.

He attempted to give Twitter another go after the Trans controversy but once he joined IG last year he just left it to promotional stuff and the occasional personal tweet. IG appears to be more of the personal social media for him while Twitter is more work/fan platform.

by Anonymousreply 341December 5, 2018 8:54 PM

He barely tweets or Instagrams. Actor who likes to keep private thoughts private. He’s on Will & Grace tomorrow. Looks like staying away from Ryan Murphy shows. Would Seems that way

by Anonymousreply 342December 5, 2018 9:15 PM

R342 he literally just did a Broadway show that was produced by Ryan Murphy. He's probably staying away from American Horror Story and I wouldn't blame him but if Murphy gave him another chance to direct or a good role in a new show I'm sure he'd take it.

by Anonymousreply 343December 5, 2018 9:22 PM

[quote]he literally just did a Broadway show that was produced by Ryan Murphy. He's probably staying away from American Horror Story and I wouldn't blame him but if Murphy gave him another chance to direct or a good role in a new show I'm sure he'd take it.

There are many actors who have been on American Horror Story once or twice but never returned.

All have expressed that they would still work with Ryan Murphy if he asked but implied or straight up said just [bold]NOT[/bold] on American Horror Story.

There's something about THAT show that they don't like.

Michael Chiklis said it thought it was too dark. Zachary Quinto said he wanted to do other kinds of things. Chloe Sevigny didn't like her character. Wes Bentley, Teddy Sears and others just stopped after a certain point without explanation. Matt said he'd be back on the show for Roanoke but he only did a voice over in a single episode and he wasn't even credited for it.

I wonder how it looked when he dropped out of directing an episode to do Doom Patrol so close to the production of the episode? (It was the right decision.)

Remember when people noted how surprised Matt was when that SAG interviewer brought up the show and people applauded? Matt did his best with that role in Hotel but when general fans mention it, they always link him with Gaga and don't mention his performance. It seems like he gets much more personal satisfaction from doing projects he wants to do like Will & Grace (so he can be funny), Doom Patrol ("partially" for his kids) or ones where he can be the lead like Papi Chulo or Walking Out and show off his acting skills.

by Anonymousreply 344December 5, 2018 10:02 PM

I would prefer if he stayed away from Murphy shows. He never seems to get the good roles.

He can stick to directing for Murphy.

by Anonymousreply 345December 6, 2018 8:10 AM

R345, Sadly, Ryan Murphy was never going to let him be first or even second banana on AHS. He really doesn't give him much of anything to do on his shows other than get naked and then die or disappear into the background of everyone else's plots.

I'm glad he's doing pieces where he can show that he's more than that because when given the chance to shine and the right material he's great. He just has to keep looking for those roles when he can afford to do them.

by Anonymousreply 346December 6, 2018 9:17 AM

In what will come to no surprise to anyone here...

...he has been cast again as a vain idiot.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 347December 6, 2018 11:28 PM

Aww, the promo was better than the show.

by Anonymousreply 348December 7, 2018 1:40 AM

The problem with the episode is that Duckling was reduced to a third wheel in every scene. The comedic chemistry between McCormack and Hayes which was on fire last night, overpowered him. They could have just hired a handsome nobody.

by Anonymousreply 349December 7, 2018 9:10 AM

It's a sitcom with a runtime of 20 min. What did you expect? They liked him enough they called him back for three more episodes.

I enjoyed the episode - to be honest it was just awesome to see Matt Bomer on TV again.

by Anonymousreply 350December 7, 2018 12:48 PM

It's not [bold]his[/bold] show. It's called, "Will & Grace."

He's a guest.

They understand it and I'm sure he does too.

He will never take precedence over the other 4 main cast members and that's okay. That's how it works. It's just great to see him since you barely will on Doom Patrol next year.

by Anonymousreply 351December 7, 2018 1:13 PM

Yeah, we won't actually see him on Doom Patrol. That sucks.

by Anonymousreply 352December 7, 2018 4:33 PM

[quote]He will never take precedence over the other 4 main cast members and that's okay. That's how it works.

You must have never watched the show before. Guests like David Schwimmer are given prominent roles.

by Anonymousreply 353December 7, 2018 4:39 PM

[quote]You must have never watched the show before. Guests like David Schwimmer are given prominent roles.

You must have not done your research.

David Schmimmer is a "recurring" cast member.

He was [italic]always[/italic] meant to be around for the season.

They even planned for him to join the cast as recurring before the season started.

They've already hired that guy from NCIS: LA to be Will's next boyfriend when his arc finishes.

by Anonymousreply 354December 7, 2018 5:07 PM

Work is work I guess. It's probably just something to keep him ticking over while he looks for other roles. Plus, it's not the worst show to guest on. It must be tough to rebound on TV from a canceled series

I wonder how many flashback scenes there'll actually be in Doom Patrol. Can't imagine there will be too many

by Anonymousreply 355December 7, 2018 5:19 PM

[quote]I wonder how many flashback scenes there'll actually be in Doom Patrol. Can't imagine there will be too many

They updated the Doom Patrol back door pilot episode of the Titans show with a picture of Matt as Larry (before the accident) on a shelf along with Brendan Fraser before he became Robotman.

If it's like the Titans series, they'll probably give the character a spotlight episode.

I wouldn't be surprised if that's what the had to down there and do along with more voice over but otherwise there are quite a few people in the cast already.

Matt and Brendan (the voice actors) couldn't be there for the photo.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 356December 7, 2018 6:07 PM

He was really good on Will & Grace last night. No wonder they wanted more of him. Wonder what his arc will be.

by Anonymousreply 357December 7, 2018 8:49 PM

His stans who spam his Twitter feed are something else aren't they? I'd check in to see if there's anything news or updates and just come across the most random fan girl tweets. The mind boggles.

Anyway, Will & Grace is a decent enough guy that probably isn't too much time consuming to film and looks like a fun set. Be interesting to see how his TV career pans out over the next year or so.

by Anonymousreply 358December 7, 2018 10:39 PM

There was a reunion this week

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 359December 12, 2018 5:53 AM

It was great seeing that group together again, one of the best ensembles on TV IMHO. Everyone looked good. I hope they could bring them back together for a TV movie, would love to see a Neal reunion and a smart case to solve in the process.

by Anonymousreply 360December 12, 2018 3:25 PM

So Papi Chulo is a hit or flop at the box office?

by Anonymousreply 361December 17, 2018 8:49 AM

Papi Chulo hasn't been released yet. It gets released in March.

by Anonymousreply 362December 17, 2018 9:25 AM

There hasn't been anything new about either of these two in weeks.. so boring!

by Anonymousreply 363December 17, 2018 3:21 PM

He's worked practically non-stop all year. They'll probably go on their usual Hawaii vacation as he said during that Will & Grace interview.

Let the man take a break. You've had more of him this year than we've had since White Collar.

Doom Patrol is out in February so you'll have interviews from him then & he still has (I think) one episode of Will & Grace to do even though they've already shot the episode where Will has a new boyfriend.

by Anonymousreply 364December 17, 2018 3:41 PM

And it looks like he’s doing his last Will & Grace episode this week!

by Anonymousreply 365December 17, 2018 8:30 PM

Do you think the last tycoon flop has damaged his career?. I hope he tries for a new pilot next year or whenever it is.

by Anonymousreply 366December 18, 2018 2:26 AM

He was not bad in TLC - but the show was just not that interesting. No one is interested in 1930s Hollywood and his character was too idealistic.

by Anonymousreply 367December 18, 2018 2:46 AM

I don’t think TLT cancellation damaged his career. Papi Chulo is getting good reviews and Matt’s performance is being singled out for praise. His appearance on Will and Grace was uniformally praised as well and led to his being asked back for three more appearances. He mentioned in a prior interview that he relied on advice from Jodie Foster, that you should always take offered work. It seemed he was rethinking the advice at this stage of his career and maybe stepping back and being more selective about projects. I hope he does another Amazon or Netflix project too.

by Anonymousreply 368December 18, 2018 2:52 AM

I hope he does Netflix, maybe in one of Ryan's new shows. He's getting great reviews for W&G, many fans of the show have called Matt's episode the best of the season so far. That's good for him. And he was very funny on the show.

by Anonymousreply 369December 18, 2018 4:06 AM

[quote] It seemed he was rethinking the advice at this stage of his career and maybe stepping back and being more selective about projects.

It was talked about here that he has said in interview that he was going to stop doing projects that his friends (people thought he was referring to the Anything movie and Ruffalo) or his people wanted him/thought he should do and do things that [bold]he[/bold] wanted to do in an interview during The Last Tycoon promo. Someone posted the whole section from the interview and a link to it a while ago.

By that point he had committed to The Boys in the Band but couldn't talk about it but Broadway was one of those things he has said he has wanted to do for a long time. Since his commitments were fulfilled you now have Matt finally playing voicing/playing a superhero in (Doom Patrol) something that he has wanted to do for a long time, doing a comedy he likes (Will & Grace) and doing a movie where he has to do more than be cute and is far from perfect even if it's not big budget (Papi Chulo).

I don't think his decisions are random. I think he's just doing what he wants for a while. He even seems happier talking about these projects. People discussed here how "over it" he seemed at the end of AHS: Hotel, The Last Tycoon and of course Anything.

by Anonymousreply 370December 18, 2018 11:23 AM

BWAHAHAHA! Nobody "wants" to do those cheesy off-network streaming DC shows. And he already voiced Superman years ago, in an animated movie. He is doing Doom Patrol because he needs moolah.

by Anonymousreply 371December 18, 2018 11:50 AM

There is a huge fan-base to be had with those 'cheesy off-network streaming shows'.

Just because we all know who Matt Bomer is, does not mean that the rest of the world does. Anything for further name recognition, I say.

by Anonymousreply 372December 18, 2018 1:38 PM

R372, that's the Duckling troll who has multiple accounts. It hasn't said a nice thing about Matt since 2012. Just mute it.

And the reception Matt got when it was announced he was taking part in Doom Patrol was overwhelmingly positive from straight fanboys.

While I'm sure there are some roles he doesn't get, it's just weird that people don't think he doesn't get offers that he turns down.

by Anonymousreply 373December 18, 2018 1:45 PM

It's so sad that Monty Clift never happened!

by Anonymousreply 374December 18, 2018 5:32 PM

Worth remembering that we also never hear about the roles he doesn't get/loses out on. While I don't think the cancellation of TLT did a huge amount of damage, I do think it was a big enough setback. I doubt there were producers rushing to snap him up for projects after the cancellation. He probably has bid his time and take smaller projects until he can manage to get another big TV role. He can't live off indie films forever.

by Anonymousreply 375December 18, 2018 6:54 PM

Cancellation wouldn't have hurt him, there are actors like David Walton who do a failed series every year.

Duckling simply is seeing the declining career opportunities that one expects from someone who made a name for himself being pretty in his 20s and early 30s, and is now 41.

by Anonymousreply 376December 18, 2018 7:07 PM

It also hurts that he hasn't bothered to try to reinvent himself.

I thought leaving Mr Peabody for Andrew Rannells was the perfect opportunity for him to reinvent himself, but obviously he screwed that up.

by Anonymousreply 377December 18, 2018 7:13 PM

Not possible, Simon would have destroyed his reputation had Matt tried to leave .

Simon is a vindictive guy

by Anonymousreply 378December 18, 2018 7:37 PM

Do you think Simon will become violent if Matt decides to leave him?

by Anonymousreply 379December 18, 2018 7:47 PM

How can his reputation be any worse than it already is? He put his baby in the closet.

by Anonymousreply 380December 18, 2018 7:52 PM

As if he'd even have half the career he has now without Simon's help. He once called Ryan Murphy the architect of his career, which basically means Simon.

by Anonymousreply 381December 18, 2018 7:53 PM

Even Murphy is sick of him.

by Anonymousreply 382December 18, 2018 7:55 PM

R382 well in fairness, Matt was one of the first few actors he thanked during his Walk of Fame speech. And he gave him a Broadway debut and directorial debut in the space of a year. Matt's just not one of his favourites but he clearly rates him as an artist. But Simon's influence there obviously has played a factor

by Anonymousreply 383December 18, 2018 8:04 PM

[quote]While I don't think the cancellation of TLT did a huge amount of damage, I do think it was a big enough setback. I doubt there were producers rushing to snap him up for projects after the cancellation.

Canceled streaming TV shows don't do a lot of "damage." It's so bizarre people are saying this. Tons of actors have had shows that have been canceled. Kelsey Grammar has had a few over the past decade (and Tycoon was his show as well) and he just keeps on working. The only thing it does is screw up the timing of getting new projects because pilot season takes place at a certain time of year barring streaming services that have their own seasons.

Nobody ever considers the idea that he's doing exactly what he wants to do now or maybe he doesn't want to get locked into another series? Maybe he want to keep working and trying new things? Or maybe people need to let go of the idea that he'll ever be "Neal Caffrey" from "White Collar" again.

[quote]He can't live off indie films forever.

I know this is coming from a place of concern but the man isn't stupid, he has money and even if he was (which he isn't), Simon is smart enough to make sure they'd be fine if he took a year off. It seems like people don't like his choices so they're thinking there's a money issue when they may just really be his choices. It's like no one thinks he should have any agency.

[quote]Not possible, Simon would have destroyed his reputation had Matt tried to leave .

Or maybe he likes his husband and never considered "leaving" because of some troll rumor it keeps perpetuating and people keep responding to. He could have left him at any point after White Collar started and he chose not to. Tons of rich and powerful gay men would have leaped at the chance to have been with him but he never left.

Yes, Simon is a huge part of his career but maybe he's okay with that. He gets to work. He has protection and he has a family.

Not everyone wants to be James Bond. Hell, not even James Bond wants to be James Bond most of the time.

It's so strange. Ryan Murphy doesn't hate Matt Bomer. It's totally possible that Matt just doesn't want to work with him right now.

by Anonymousreply 384December 18, 2018 8:30 PM

Mr Peabody is that you? If it is you, Slate PR is ovah, get with the social media age or go home. Only agency that doesn’t have an active IG account.

by Anonymousreply 385December 18, 2018 8:38 PM

Anyway as I have said before, Murphy is simply not inspired by Duckling, I’m sure he would give him work but it would be of the “show up on set and we’ll figure out the character as we go along” variety. He’s not going to do something dramatic like he did with Darren Criss in Versace or Sarah Paulsen in Ratchet.

by Anonymousreply 386December 18, 2018 8:44 PM

Oh wow I didn’t even hear Finn Wittrock was cast in Ratchet. Another example of Murphy actually nurturing actors who inspire him.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 387December 18, 2018 8:49 PM

R384 well the thing with Kelsey Grammar is that he's not an out gay actor in Hollywood. LGBTQ actors and actors of colour aren't the same opportunities to succeed after failed shows/ underperforming films. It took Ryan Reynolds and Armie Hammer years and disappointing films to breakout and you can sure bet that it wouldn't have happened if they were openly gay. But that's just one factor. He may just only want to work on stuff he really wants to know. A series is a big commitment. He was tied to TLT from 2015 to the second half of 2017. Could have turned down lot if other work for that show.

As an aside, I love how John Butler had to tweet out that he would share details of festivals and dates when they were available as Matt's stans were constantly asking him about showing.

by Anonymousreply 388December 18, 2018 8:59 PM

Well Andrew Rannells secured a starring role on Showtime’s Black Monday and Jonathan Groff is on that Fincher show on Netflix. So the roles are there. It’s just a matter of someone looking at Duckling and seeing more than a pretty face.

by Anonymousreply 389December 18, 2018 9:11 PM

[quote]LGBTQ actors and actors of colour aren't the same opportunities to succeed after failed shows/ underperforming films.

I hear what you but tv shows and films have two completely different sets of rules.

Having a canceled TV show isn't going to hurt him.

Being LGBTQ hurts him, of course, but the failure of a tv show on Amazon of all platforms isn't going to hurt him.

As much as I think people want to use it as a reason for his choices (or that he's not doing what people want him to do), that's just not it.

If you're concerned I'd say wait until between January and April of next year to see if he does return to network television.

I'd also add, that sadly, most actors only get one long running tv series in their careers. Some get two. He has even said that the cast of White Collar knew that show was special because they'd all been on shows that didn't last and they were finally happy to be on one that was a hit so they respected that joy.

[quote]It took Ryan Reynolds and Armie Hammer years and disappointing films to breakout and you can sure bet that it wouldn't have happened if they were openly gay.

Ryan Reynolds and Armie Hammer are film actors.

The difference is that Ryan Reynolds "Green Lantern" bomb and career setback was because there was a $200 million dollar budget for that movie and he was the star of it.

Armie Hammer's "The Lone Ranger" also bombed but that budget was $215 million.

Not being able to carry a movie hurts you more as a film actor because of the enormous amount of money involved.

TV shows are a bit more disposable which is good for actors who do television.

by Anonymousreply 390December 18, 2018 9:46 PM

Someone sure likes to hear themselves talk.

by Anonymousreply 391December 18, 2018 9:52 PM

When are you idiots going to start ignoring the duckling troll! He fucks up every single thread with his deranged conspiracies. So fucking exhausting.

by Anonymousreply 392December 18, 2018 11:39 PM

I’m just happy to see Bomer back on my tv. He is smashing on Will & Grace. Let’s see what he does next. He’s a hard working actor.

by Anonymousreply 393December 18, 2018 11:47 PM

Matt loves acting and I’m glad he does.

by Anonymousreply 394December 19, 2018 1:15 AM

Wonder does he also move out for the Will & Grace filming? lol you'd never know with him.

I suppose it's only been a year since TLT too. Feels like a lot longer. He's worked consistently since then so no reason to think he won't pick up decent work over the next few years.

by Anonymousreply 395December 19, 2018 5:00 AM

Duckling would be fine for one of those stupid network shows which have “city” + “law enforcement agency” in the title. He can play the vain mayor or vain district attorney.

A career revival would mean someone taking an interest in him enough to pick him up and repurpose him into something new which TBH is a bit like lightning striking. The reason why the Rannells pairing was so intriguing is because it gives duckling colour which he sorely lacks.

by Anonymousreply 396December 19, 2018 10:53 AM

Rannells would be a good influence for him- he's been in everything, and his character is always a scene stealer. TBITB, the romanoffs, big mouth, a simple favor, black monday, etc.

by Anonymousreply 397December 19, 2018 2:49 PM

I can't stand Rannells. He is very off-putting.

by Anonymousreply 398December 19, 2018 3:56 PM

Funny that a lot of the reviews of the play suggested that Rannells had been miscast. Thought the same. Wildy overrated.

Let's hope Matt has more prominent roles in 2019. While a stint on Will & Grace is pretty cool, you'd hope he gets something more than just guest/small roles. Papi Chulo is a great showcase for his talent and ability, but similar to Walking Out, will only get small realeses worldwide. It's a shame.

by Anonymousreply 399December 20, 2018 5:31 AM

Multiple reviews of the play suggested many roles were miscast, including Parsons and Quinto. I believe Robin De Jesus is the only one who was generally agreed to have been cast well.

Anyway irregardless, Rannells has the kind of personality that Duckling sorely lacks. Being with someone who has a dynamic and inviting public personality would go aways to improving Duckling’s image, which is that of a colossal bore.

by Anonymousreply 400December 20, 2018 10:54 AM

I don't know why people don't think this is a calculated move to show that he can do comedy because he's not a comedy actor. I'd guess that he apparently likes how well Papi Chulo was received, he liked doing it and he is going in that direction.

IIRC, during festival promo for Papi Chulo, Matt even asked John Butler how he knew that he was "funny" when he attempted to cast him. John responded from his talk show interviews. Matt then (politely) pointed out that those are just set up to sell a project aka they're cookie cutter. He knew he's never really gotten to demonstrate that before on tv or in a film.

and I'm not going to use the R word in here because people are so starved for conversation that they keep talking to the troll.

How about this: what kind of roles would you like to see Matt do next? I can see him making a Rob Lowe shift and doing more comedy just no more period pieces.

by Anonymousreply 401December 20, 2018 1:04 PM

Well, when I saw TBITB on Broadway Matt was the one who seemed the least natural- like you could honestly tell he was reading lines from a script, whereas everyone else seemed a bit more natural. That being said, the whole play was so enjoyable and I thought EVERYONE did stellar, Matt just had the least experience. So I'd say I would love to see Matt do more theater next, because it's an environment I could see him thriving in.

by Anonymousreply 402December 20, 2018 3:21 PM

If you watched him in White Collar, it is obvious that he has excellent comedic timing....

Honestly would like to see him in something light and fun...not take himself too seriously and just do a job for the fun of it.

by Anonymousreply 403December 20, 2018 3:51 PM

R403 it seems like Will and Grace is a "for the fun of it" job.

by Anonymousreply 404December 20, 2018 5:16 PM

402, I'd rather him not limit the ways we can see him. To see him on Broadway you had to physically go to or be in NYC. So did he and he couldn't leave. That's the downside. If you missed it, then that was it! Gone forever. It seemed like that was on his checklist and since Ryan, his friends and Simon (doing PR) were involved it made sense.

He did say that when he gets a gig Simon is supportive and tells him he should go off, do it and he'll see him when he gets back but who knows how much of that he can get away with? He did leave his "family" for several months in a row and only saw them (that we know of) less than 5 times. I remember that woman he knows on his instagram (after he returned to LA) asking him if he was finally going to start taking the kids to school because Simon needed a break. LOL

403, I always thought he did but I don't think they hired him for White Collar because of it. I do miss seeing him and Tim behind the scenes palling around. I had a friend that worked on the show that said they could be quite funny.

His obvious ad-libs in the car scene on that Funny or Die sketch he did, "The Junketeers" were adorable.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 405December 20, 2018 6:03 PM

There is a ducking troll. And there was a feminine feature troll. What happened to that poster

by Anonymousreply 406December 20, 2018 6:12 PM

R405 well I think it's quite obvious that he isn't bothered about being away from his family for months on end. He's probably spent more time away from his family than he has with them this year. It speaks volumes that he moved out of the family house to film a locally shot indie movie when he was already going to on the other side of the country for 4 months. Wouldn't be surprised to see him back on Broadway sooner rather than later.

He's always had good comedic timing. Anyone who has seen him on White Collar can tell you that. Even in the outakes and bloopers you can see his humour shine. Maybe he'll get a chance to do more after this stint on Will & Grace.

by Anonymousreply 407December 20, 2018 7:06 PM

Agreed about MB's comedy skills because even if he's not laugh out loud funny, he's witty and quick which makes him super enjoyable to watch.

by Anonymousreply 408December 20, 2018 7:11 PM

R407, he only did it once but I agree with you. He's barely a parent. He's probably very vapid and we just haven't seen it yet. It's disgusting how many people like him when he's done nothing but prove that he's fake and everything is just part of his image. The family. The husband. He's terrible. If he can't stay at home with his own children for a month or take roles closer to home like other actors do then I think that just says everything we need to know about him.

You're right R407. You confirmed everything that I ever thought about him!

by Anonymousreply 409December 20, 2018 7:20 PM

He's not the only actor who leaves his family for work.Most actors,particulary movie actors,leave their families for long periods when they're filming in another city or country.If you're starting a family with an actor you've to be on board with your partner often being away.

by Anonymousreply 410December 20, 2018 10:21 PM

Self absorbed parent? Neglected children? I’m on my way.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 411December 20, 2018 10:48 PM

[quote]Wouldn't be surprised to see him back on Broadway sooner rather than later.

He mentioned multiple times that he was cast in plays before or did workshops for plays before but he [bold]always[/bold] dropped out of them. He waited until he was 40 before he did one. It took every major gay actor in Hollywood + Ryan Murphy to do it.

I think it's pretty clear where his priorities lie.

As people pointed out here, it looked like he was over it by the end, even avoiding Brian Hutchinson's pics of the cast on the final nights.

by Anonymousreply 412December 20, 2018 11:02 PM

Oh please you don’t know why he missed the photo, he could have just been in his dressing room with a dick in his mouth.

by Anonymousreply 413December 20, 2018 11:08 PM

Also Duckling did that play at Williamstown.

by Anonymousreply 414December 20, 2018 11:09 PM

Also iirc Duckling was weeping at the final curtain call, hardly sounds like he was over it.

by Anonymousreply 415December 20, 2018 11:14 PM

But anyway he will not go back to Broadway as clearly he needs money. His chances of getting a lead are dwindling given his age, middling fame and tiresome public image; but he can easily make do with recurring guest spots and season long arcs.

by Anonymousreply 416December 20, 2018 11:20 PM

Oh my God.

R413, R414, R415, R416 = Duckling Troll.

You are psycho! Do you just sit here and make post after post?

You're also contradicting your own posts from back then. YOU were also one of the people who said he looked over it while making up random conspiracies!

Are you okay, honey? Do you need a hug?

by Anonymousreply 417December 21, 2018 12:14 AM

Omg you actually remember my old posts? Freak!

by Anonymousreply 418December 21, 2018 12:23 AM

Matt is a comedy god! he has the best facial expressions and he's so fucking handsome and humble, I dont get why he's so underrated., people go nuts when he makes an appearance (like on W&G).

by Anonymousreply 419December 21, 2018 2:26 AM

He clearly wasn't over the play since he was crying the final night and hung around NYC for a few days after the run had ended. He probably over the stage door, which is fair enough.

I don't think there is anything wrong about giving an actor side eye for voluntarily moving out of his house to shoot a small indie movie- that he probably got paid fuck all for-when it was being filmed locally and he was already planning to be away from home for months.

It's more to do with being a guy than an actor. Keira Knightly wrote about it few months ago saying that she would be exhausted on set after being up with her child the night before and she couldn't believe how her male co-stars with young children would be fine. She noted how a lot if them would not see their kids because they needed to focus in their art so they'd step away from their responsibilities at home.

by Anonymousreply 420December 21, 2018 4:37 AM

I imagine for the children it’s somethink like Gigi with Bomer as the absent mother and Mr Peabody as Hermoine Gingold.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 421December 21, 2018 11:03 AM

He said he cried before he went on stage the first night too, R420 as for crying on the last night he could have been crying because it was finally over. He said himself he cries over the dumbest stuff. But as other people have said, we'll never know how he really feels about anything. He's well media trained. He'll rarely share his real feelings and everything is all smiles.

He stuck around a few days? The play closed on the night of the 11th. He went to see Gavin Creel's play with his former castmate on the 14th and flew back early the next morning. So really he was only around 3 days which is enough time to pack up his stuff from his dressing room and whatever he was taking back from their NYC apartment which he referred to as "our place" (his and Simon's) on Andy Cohen's show. That's not excessive.

by Anonymousreply 422December 21, 2018 12:16 PM

[quote]I don't think there is anything wrong about giving an actor side eye for voluntarily moving out of his house to shoot a small indie movie- that he probably got paid fuck all for-when it was being filmed locally and he was already planning to be away from home for months.

It's an actor thing they teach at CMU.

You have to experience something before you perform it.

I think one of the Papi Chulo cast members posted video of him spinning around in circles so he could be dizzy to prepare to play drunk even though I'm sure he's been drunk before.

It's part of the process and he didn't seem ashamed or embarrassed by it since he apparently mentioned this is what he felt like he had to do.

by Anonymousreply 423December 21, 2018 12:23 PM

Duckling must be a pretty shitty actor if he cannot interpret "lonliness" from memory or experience.

Since his character is in Papi Chulo is mourning the death of his lover, maybe Duckling should have killed Mr Peabody, too.

by Anonymousreply 424December 21, 2018 1:24 PM

He really needed that paycheck.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 425December 21, 2018 3:20 PM

Matt being cute, he's obviously in a happy place right now.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 426December 21, 2018 7:05 PM

Love how his first IG today was "that's all from me this year-family time. Two hours later he's posting again. #awks

by Anonymousreply 427December 21, 2018 8:27 PM

Awwww look what Duckling wrote

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 428December 21, 2018 8:44 PM

Whomever's pictured in R428, they're dressed like my US postperson.

Which could be hot RP....

by Anonymousreply 429December 21, 2018 8:50 PM

He wrote Cute R428 and he wrote a bunch of heart eyes emojis on Andy Cohen's birth announcement. He writes like a 14 year old girl when he comments which is fine. It's Instagram!

Andrew's clearly with Charlie Carver and has been since the show since they're going to fire island, running around half naked and decorating trees with their families together.

by Anonymousreply 430December 22, 2018 1:26 AM

Lol he is not with Charlie Carver you dingbat.

by Anonymousreply 431December 22, 2018 9:56 AM

“Went to the beach with a group of friends” = “running around half-naked”

The scent of yeast is strong with R430

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 432December 22, 2018 9:58 AM

I suppose Rannells is sleeping with all these people too since they are not his family.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 433December 22, 2018 10:00 AM

Laughing at him liking this tweet. The 'middle-aged women' part....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 434December 22, 2018 10:56 AM

Take your Rannells convo to the appropriate thread, please.

by Anonymousreply 435December 22, 2018 11:20 AM

Doom Patrol was already renewed.

So you know what Matt will be doing next summer for a little over a month.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 436December 24, 2018 5:06 PM

They renewed Doom Patrol for a second season. Matt is gonna get new fans out of this, probably younger and male.

by Anonymousreply 437December 24, 2018 6:36 PM

LOL! This show is an embarrassment, fanboys have been dragging it all week on social media for its cheap looking costumes.

by Anonymousreply 438December 24, 2018 6:46 PM

Yikes.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 439December 25, 2018 10:53 AM

Yes, the doom patrol trailer is so ridiculous and the series seems to be aimed at children.

by Anonymousreply 440December 25, 2018 5:37 PM

And they are launching it the same day as Umbrella Academy which Netflix has clearly spent a fortune on.

by Anonymousreply 441December 25, 2018 6:07 PM

R440, If it's anything like Titans on the DC Universe streaming service (since the show's back door pilot was on that series) then it's definitely not for children.

Titans had swearing, killing with blood and nudity.

The real problem is for all of these shows that

1. It's 7.99 a month to get the service.

2. It's a brand new service so in the US it will compete with other services. (Potentially you'd have to get Netflix, Hulu, DC's streaming service and Disney's streaming service to cover what just used to be on Hulu and Netflix.)

But the good thing is ...

Outside of the US the shows will be on Netflix. So while in the US you'll have to pay for the service, outside of it, they'll get it with their regular Netflix subscription.

So people will see it.

by Anonymousreply 442December 25, 2018 10:26 PM

I enjoyed the Doom Patrol episode of Titans so I have really high hopes for this show.

by Anonymousreply 443December 26, 2018 9:06 AM

Looks like they didn't vacation for the holidays this year. Matt spotted earlier today in LA

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 444December 27, 2018 7:49 AM

I understand he’s just running out for coffee, but camo pants with bright blue and yellow sneakers? He looks... so special.

by Anonymousreply 445December 27, 2018 9:37 AM

He's a 41 year old gay actor with three kids who went out to walk his tiny dog and grab coffee. He looks exactly like you should expect him to look.

by Anonymousreply 446December 27, 2018 9:43 AM

Ten to one he takes the foofy dog with him when he moves out of the house.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 447December 27, 2018 10:21 AM

Well he isn't wearing his wedding ring lol although he and Simon have been pictured without their wedding rings numerous times over the years

by Anonymousreply 448December 27, 2018 10:38 AM

He doesn't seem to wear it during his early morning coffee runs. This is from early last year. I had no idea he loved camo so much.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 449December 27, 2018 12:04 PM

Stella is so cute! Where's Simon? Matt didn't post anything this year, I want a good picture of the family!

by Anonymousreply 450December 27, 2018 1:02 PM

Aww

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 451December 27, 2018 1:11 PM

Maybe he had to move out of the house over the holiday. There might have been a Santa Ana wind.

by Anonymousreply 452December 27, 2018 1:11 PM

He posted a Thanksgiving pic r450.

I think he is done with social media for the rest of the year. He said it after he did his last episode of Will & Grace but came back once the Doom Patrol trailer came out but that was work related.

by Anonymousreply 453December 27, 2018 1:21 PM

R453 yeah he wished everyone a happy holidays in that IG post too, indicating that he wasn't planning on posting over the holiday period. Defintely seems to be quieter over the last week.

He doesn't always post pics of the family on social media every holiday. Some years he does, other years he didn't.

by Anonymousreply 454December 27, 2018 2:33 PM

He looks good. Well rested. Well fucked.

by Anonymousreply 455December 27, 2018 3:48 PM

yeah I think Simon did a good job!

by Anonymousreply 456December 27, 2018 6:51 PM

where was he shopping is the question? that looks like a feminine shopping bag.

by Anonymousreply 457December 27, 2018 8:52 PM

It's Larchmont village so probably a bakery.

Oddly enough the person behind him gawking is wearing the same jacket Bomer had during the filming of Magic Mike.

by Anonymousreply 458December 27, 2018 8:55 PM

R458 the bag says Larchmont Beauty Center so it's probably a skincare/hair care product.

How is it odd? It looks like a generic enough design so wouldn't be surprised if there are similar jackets out there.

by Anonymousreply 459December 27, 2018 9:56 PM

Of course, Duckling was picking up his stem cells for the day.

by Anonymousreply 460December 27, 2018 9:59 PM

Yes, that's a beauty store in his neck of the woods. They have a lot of random (candles to overseas beauty products) but expensive stuff.

And that jacket design has been around for years. The guy is probably gawking at him since he probably has no clue why they're photographing him. I love it how the caption at Just Jared says that he "smirks" at the photographer. He's probably wondering the same thing too. He's not his usual camera ready self.

by Anonymousreply 461December 27, 2018 10:47 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 462December 27, 2018 11:00 PM

Me have masculinity issues? That’s unpossible.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 463December 27, 2018 11:10 PM

R462, love the pic.

It looks like he's showing off the book as if it's one of his Christmas presents along with the jacket that still has the tags.

Also look at that picture of Simon and him in the background on the right on the table. Adorbs.

by Anonymousreply 464December 27, 2018 11:15 PM

I think I can see also a picture of a naked man with a blonde baby beside that picture with Simon.

by Anonymousreply 465December 27, 2018 11:18 PM

I think that’s a picture of Lucky the dog.

by Anonymousreply 466December 27, 2018 11:33 PM

The lamp is a hate crime.

by Anonymousreply 467December 27, 2018 11:33 PM

Can't make out the picture beside the one of him and Simon.

Look at the all the wrapping paper! Lots of presents for the kids.

Is that Stella on the right side of Matt beside the couch dressed up in a Santa outfit?? Her tail looks visible. She blends in with the wrapping paper

by Anonymousreply 468December 27, 2018 11:37 PM

I thought it was a picture of a man in a red sweater holding something white or pink. This is a Rorschach test.

It's also funny that he's wearing the same camo shorts he apparently wore last year in R449 that are different than the camo pants he wore outside the next day.

by Anonymousreply 469December 27, 2018 11:37 PM

[quote]Is that Stella on the right side of Matt beside the couch dressed up in a Santa outfit??

Great detective work. That is her on the floor dressed in a santa outfit nosing around the wrapping paper!

by Anonymousreply 470December 27, 2018 11:39 PM

What does the pap say to Matt at the start of the video? Can't make it out

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 471December 28, 2018 4:42 PM

R471,

From what I can piece together, Matt was in the store. Came out, and untied the dog.

The Pap asks Matt, "Are you okay with that? Just random people touching the dog?"

Matt says, "[Yes?]. Yes, she's a real friendly dog."

Then Pap says, "But people should definitely ask ..." and then maybe he says something maybe about, "maybe some kids?" I can't make that out.

Matt then goes back in the store with Stella.

Then later he comes out, they follow him up the street and the pap says,

"Thank you for making sure, I woulda' told you." And Matt says, "Thank you, I appreciate that. I always go [around?]" and the video cuts off.

It is super annoying that they waited for him and kept following him even as he left the store.

by Anonymousreply 472December 28, 2018 5:39 PM

I hope Duckling at least read for this.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 473December 30, 2018 6:11 PM

Does Matt’s sister have kids?

by Anonymousreply 474December 31, 2018 5:07 PM

R474 From the pic he posted on Mother's Day it looks like his sister has a baby. Why so curious?

by Anonymousreply 475December 31, 2018 5:38 PM

Not so curious. Just wondering. I forgot about that pic.

by Anonymousreply 476December 31, 2018 6:41 PM

The Bomer man disappeared from social media!

by Anonymousreply 477December 31, 2018 11:38 PM

He said in his last post he would be taking a social media break. Nothing new from him. R477

by Anonymousreply 478January 1, 2019 12:43 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 479January 1, 2019 12:51 AM

He said he was taking a break until next year.

He usually likes posts/tweets even if he's not updating his social media. He hasn't been doing that either. The only reason we saw pics of him is because those Twitch papps caught him shopping and because he sent that writer guy he likes a photo of him with his book to post on his own Instagram.

Good for him.

by Anonymousreply 480January 1, 2019 3:54 AM

He hasn't taken a social media break since 2017 after TLT was cancelled lol he's always liking posts on IG. Wonder what prompted him to take one now? Maybe he's working a lot from January onwards and wanted to focus on the kids for a few weeks. He worked a lot in 2018 so probably making up for lost time.

by Anonymousreply 481January 1, 2019 5:34 AM

A man with his priorities right. I really like him

by Anonymousreply 482January 1, 2019 5:45 AM

That we know of so far:

He has Gold Meets Golden on the 6th.

And then Doom Patrol starts February 15th so he may have promo for that R481.

by Anonymousreply 483January 1, 2019 6:22 AM

R483 He could be doing other work in over the next few months that hasn't been announced yet. Papi Chulo is playing at the Palm Springs Festival from the 6th. I wonder will he make an appearance at one of the showings.

by Anonymousreply 484January 1, 2019 7:00 AM

R484, Pretty sure R483 said, "That we know of."

You don't always have to swing in and try and correct every poster even when they don't need correcting.

by Anonymousreply 485January 1, 2019 8:00 AM

R485 Hey hun, you ok?

by Anonymousreply 486January 1, 2019 8:22 AM

It was fun seeing stagedoor pix of him every night last spring and summer. Then there were the festivals.

by Anonymousreply 487January 2, 2019 1:36 AM

He was at an event for The Favourite this evening. Still not wearing his wedding ring. Although Joe Alwyn is one of Simon's clients

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 488January 5, 2019 7:09 AM

Oh it seems that he and Ryan Murphy were hosting that event. Simon must have been around somewhere. The ring thing is probably nothing but he usually always wears it to events....

by Anonymousreply 489January 5, 2019 7:31 AM

As R488 pointed out Joe Alwyn is Simon's clients and Matt is also confirmed to attend the Gold meets Golden event, where Simon's other client, Billy Porter is going to perform. He may be in attendance with Matt.

by Anonymousreply 490January 5, 2019 9:47 AM

[quote]Still not wearing his wedding ring.

I wouldn't place any emphasis on that for a couple that has been together as long as they have. For all we know he could have lost it or it doesn't fit right at the moment.

Even in the "Behind the Scenes" ACS: Versace piece he had it on in some shots and off in others.

Even back when those infamous beach pics came out from their vacation he had it on in some shots and off in others while he was with Simon.

The whole, "wearing it to events" rule doesn't always apply.

He didn't wear his wedding ring to Gold Meets Golden last year either.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 491January 5, 2019 10:32 AM

R491 yeah there's probably nothing to it tbh just he usually does wear his ring at most events but sure there's IG pics of him at home and out and about not wearing it so probably nothing!

Looks like he got a got color (or Joe Alwyn/Emma are extremely pale). Maybe the family went away for New Years.

by Anonymousreply 492January 5, 2019 10:36 AM

Maybe Simon behind him in that pic?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 493January 5, 2019 1:50 PM

Joe Alwyn is with Mr Peabody, no wonder he has such awful publicity.

by Anonymousreply 494January 5, 2019 1:57 PM

If you had to spend time on just his cock and balls, or his hole, which would you choose?

by Anonymousreply 495January 5, 2019 2:50 PM

The Boys in the Band remake for Netflix. I'm happy for Matt if this is true, I think it is, this guy was at the party hosted by Ryan and Matt yesterday.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 496January 5, 2019 5:20 PM

"Buzz" and "Likely" means that it's possible but until Ryan himself says it, it's not anything to take too seriously.

I wouldn't be surprised, but they'd have to coordinate all of their schedules/salaries to get them all back, plan the damn thing and then it might be a year or more off.

Personally I'd rather see the boys working with Ryan Murphy on a different project entirely on Netflix.

by Anonymousreply 497January 5, 2019 6:17 PM

I was hoping Monty biopic could be picked up by Netflix now that Murphy is involved with them.

by Anonymousreply 498January 5, 2019 7:03 PM

While I would not mind an introspective remake of TBITB, I can only image that Netflix would be FURIOUS if Murphy simply tries to pass off his warmed over old content for his gigantic deal with them. As far as I know the two series he has with them, Ratched and The Politician, aren’t even part of that deal since he was still under contract with Fox when he sold them. So now he comes over to Netflix and immediately he tries to sell off stuff he’s already done, that would reek of desperation.

by Anonymousreply 499January 5, 2019 7:37 PM

Finally getting some decent pics of today

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 500January 5, 2019 7:49 PM

Jeez he’s too old to pull off pajamas in public.

by Anonymousreply 501January 5, 2019 7:54 PM

Joe Alwyn’s head isn’t big enough for Hollywood.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 502January 5, 2019 8:09 PM

That suit looks too small but he looks amazing.

by Anonymousreply 503January 5, 2019 8:26 PM

R497 what a negative human you are. smh.

by Anonymousreply 504January 5, 2019 8:27 PM

[quote]That suit looks too small but he looks amazing.

He looks amazing as always and that suit does look too small but the one last night looked too big.

From looking at that and his face, he's getting back to his normal "in between roles" weight and he looks great.

by Anonymousreply 505January 5, 2019 8:32 PM

R504, Saying wait for an announcement from someone involved and it will take a while before it actually happens isn't being negative it's being realistic.

Saying that we want Matt to have his own TV series again isn't being "negative" either.

by Anonymousreply 506January 5, 2019 9:48 PM

Someone on Instagram asked Matt why he wasn't at the Golden Globes he said he is in Atlanta. Could be for Doom Patrol or a new project. I'm hoping it's something new.

by Anonymousreply 507January 8, 2019 12:18 AM

No, that piece of shit was already renewed for a second season.

by Anonymousreply 508January 8, 2019 12:45 AM

Why does he have to be there if he's just doing the voice?

by Anonymousreply 509January 8, 2019 2:14 AM

R507, They're filming Season 1 until March and they'll be right back at it again around August for Season 2.

R509, they always prefer for you to be there with the director(s) in the same area as the production if you're doing the voice in a film or tv show. If you're a big enough name you can get out of it and do it from wherever you want but it also saves the production money if you are there and on call. However, there will apparently be a lot of flashbacks (but it's still a huge cast.)

He's only been down there a month and a half with a break in between so far but everyone else (except for Brendan who is also a voice) started in August and has been working the entire time except for the holidays and they'll keep going right until March.

by Anonymousreply 510January 8, 2019 2:39 AM

[quote]they always prefer for you to be there with the director(s) in the same area as the production if you're doing the voice in a film or tv show.

Idiot, every US movie and program is dubbed by people all across the world who have no contact with the actual production.

Matt is in Georgia simply because he prefers to be away from his children and husband. I am sure he brought Stella with.

by Anonymousreply 511January 8, 2019 1:30 PM

[quote]Idiot, every US movie and program is dubbed by people all across the world who have no contact with the actual production.

YOU ARE 100% WRONG. NAILED YA!

"Dubbing" is completely different than what he's doing. Who says dubbing? It's ADR. It's what you do when the footage is already shot. Everyone does ADR in another location from the production because it's done after everything is recorded and edited together. That's when you watch yourself on a screen and match the words up with what's happening. He doesn't even have a mouth.

He's doing voice over cause he doesn't need to see his character to do it and then they match it up with what they've shot later which is why he doesn't need to be down there the same amount of time as everyone else unlike ADR where they would do it after the episode is complete.

by Anonymousreply 512January 8, 2019 2:25 PM

What a shitty tv show. Anyway, maybe he is there because there's lot more of Larry Trainor showing that we know of.

by Anonymousreply 513January 8, 2019 7:15 PM

[quote]What a shitty tv show.

What a negative person you are R513. The show hasn't even aired a single episode yet but you've already decided it's shitty.

by Anonymousreply 514January 8, 2019 7:26 PM

I can only imagine children watching that shit, Bomer is way too talented and pretty for that crap.

by Anonymousreply 515January 8, 2019 7:41 PM

You have no imagination then

by Anonymousreply 516January 9, 2019 2:44 AM

Today is Simon's birthday. He turns 55.

by Anonymousreply 517January 12, 2019 12:26 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 518January 12, 2019 12:41 PM

Hopefully Matt will post something on SM.

by Anonymousreply 519January 12, 2019 1:30 PM

Omg he poses with fans now! Sad, Simon, sad.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 520January 12, 2019 3:56 PM

Happy birthday Simon

by Anonymousreply 521January 12, 2019 7:28 PM

Nothing from him about Simon's bday on social media? Harsh for Simon

by Anonymousreply 522January 12, 2019 9:09 PM

R522, and nothing about his mother or sister's birthdays or any of his children.

It's almost as if he has the ability to contact them and speak to them on his own without the assistance of an Internet post.

by Anonymousreply 523January 12, 2019 9:41 PM

R523 not posting about the childrens and his mother/sister's birthdays are understandable as he probably doesn't want the whole world knowing. I suspected last year that the only reason he acknowledged Simon's bday on social media was because Bruce Bozzi posted a nice pic and caption on IG of Simon's birthday dinner. Other than last year he's never acknowledged Simon's birthday

by Anonymousreply 524January 12, 2019 9:54 PM

R520 Sorry but isn't it much more sad to go trawling around Instagram looking for mentions of Simon so that you can call him sad. Obsessed much!

by Anonymousreply 525January 12, 2019 10:17 PM

[quote]not posting about the childrens and his mother/sister's birthdays are understandable as he probably doesn't want the whole world knowing.

Other celebs do it. He just doesn't use his social media for anything other than promotion and the very, very rare personal post.

[quote]Other than last year he's never acknowledged Simon's birthday

And he shouldn't have to publicly R524. As people can easily observe, as some of his celeb friends have said, as random gossip people have said, he's very nice but he's also a very private person. It's refreshing.

I noticed that he liked a Twitter post from a fan about it.

by Anonymousreply 526January 12, 2019 10:54 PM

The less a celebrity couple flaunts lovey dovey posts the more real their relationship is. Bomer is a classy guy for sure.

by Anonymousreply 527January 13, 2019 12:51 AM

He liked this tweet

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 528January 13, 2019 5:22 PM

Matt posted this earlier about Simon's birthday.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 529January 14, 2019 8:33 AM

The artwork, while inspired, is diminished by the seemingly random placement of the candles.

by Anonymousreply 530January 14, 2019 9:48 AM

Yeah, who the hell would just plant candles into the portrait like that? It looks like the voodoo thing where you stick needles into a pic of your enemy.

by Anonymousreply 531January 14, 2019 6:20 PM

There are 3 candles on each side, maybe the kids placed them.

by Anonymousreply 532January 14, 2019 7:25 PM

Adorable. Looks like they're at a pizza place. The kids probably put them there since the cake artist probably would have avoided the head.

by Anonymousreply 533January 14, 2019 7:45 PM

What makes you think it’s a pizza place?

by Anonymousreply 534January 14, 2019 9:49 PM

It was tagged on Bomer’s IG

It’s Beverly Hills pizza, so it’s fancy

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 535January 14, 2019 9:52 PM

R534, the location under his name on the instagram post?

by Anonymousreply 536January 14, 2019 10:34 PM

The food is not that expensive at all.

You'd probably spend more ordering out.

The wine is the only thing that's really expensive.

They also don't mind kids.

by Anonymousreply 537January 14, 2019 10:45 PM

Damn look at the cast of Ratched.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 538January 14, 2019 10:47 PM

Why did he scribble over the year on the cake?

by Anonymousreply 539January 15, 2019 1:52 AM

It's a joke R539. Probably for the same reason he wouldn't say "55" but kept saying "double nickels."

by Anonymousreply 540January 15, 2019 3:33 AM

Why is he ashamed of his old husband?

by Anonymousreply 541January 15, 2019 8:16 AM

541 That's a horrible thing to say. I think It's scribbled out because they got the year wrong. Simon was born in 1964 and the cake says either 1963 or 1965.

by Anonymousreply 542January 15, 2019 9:15 AM

Was Matt B always in exclusive relationships even in the past? Who did he date before Simon? Does anyone know?

by Anonymousreply 543January 15, 2019 9:43 AM

R542, don't feed the troll. Just mute it like everyone else.

R543, Why don't you use Google instead of rehashing topics that have been discussed 54,000 times in about 50 threads since 2008 which are all available on Google?

by Anonymousreply 544January 15, 2019 9:48 AM

R544 Honestly? Because it’s my first venturing in one of his threads. I know nothing of his personal life besides the fact that he is married to Simon. I didn’t want an encyclopedia about him just two lines if he was always like this or if he also had a whore phase. But, I guess, I shouldn’t have disturbed the whole pace of these threads. My mistake.

by Anonymousreply 545January 15, 2019 10:10 AM

How fucking stupid do you have to be to get the year wrong on a 55th birthday cake in 2019?

by Anonymousreply 546January 15, 2019 10:48 AM

R545 ignore that cunt.

No one knows anything of Bomer’s previous relationships other than his ex boyfriend Mike White who he dated when he was on Guiding Light and who is in that photo of Bomer passionately kissing another man that everyone has seen.

by Anonymousreply 547January 15, 2019 10:57 AM

R547 Okay, thanks.

by Anonymousreply 548January 15, 2019 12:10 PM

R545, Super religious, conservative family. Realized he was gay in college and stayed celibate until graduation. He was first noticed here when he was on a soap opera Guiding Light and then the gossip was that he was into dating older men but even then there were less than 2 primary people he was gossiped about being linked with and neither of them were actors nor was any of it even remotely confirmed. Less than 3 people ever claimed to have slept with him back then on here and only one seemed legit (and that person said they just did oral and it was just when he started doing Guiding Light.) The other seemed sketchy. The last one was busted by trolldar as a troll.

Then again there was a person posting a picture of him and his brother claiming that was his boyfriend so -- take the internet with a grain of salt.

The only confirmed person, because we have seen the "the kissing photos that nearly destroyed his career," is Mike White.

Matt doesn't even pretend he had anything resembling a dating life before he met his husband but he has openly wished he were more sexually active when he was younger.

There was nothing here at all after he met his husband circa 2004 other than rumors he was with the man who would become his husband. So it seems like when he was active, he didn't do much to raise eyebrows and it was for a very short (relatively speaking) amount of time.

by Anonymousreply 549January 15, 2019 2:00 PM

R549 It’s actually more than two lines haha. Thanks.

by Anonymousreply 550January 15, 2019 2:23 PM

How do people know when Simon and Matt met?

by Anonymousreply 551January 15, 2019 2:57 PM

R551 no one seems to have any concrete timeline of when they met/got together. Simon broke up with David Burtka in early 2004 and Mike White said he and Matt split around the same time so most people assume that they met anytime after that over the next few years. The earliest photo of them is from 2008.

by Anonymousreply 552January 15, 2019 6:09 PM

And to conclude the short summary the 3 kids are all Simon’s.

by Anonymousreply 553January 15, 2019 6:20 PM

R551, to add to what R552 is saying when Matt was outed in 2009 his friend (a web guy) stepped forward and tried to get the old photos of him kissing Mike White pulled from various websites. In a letter the friend also added that he was dating Simon and they had kids together but that the photos of Mike (who he dated from the end of 2001 to the beginning of 2004) and him were 9 years old. Keep in mind, he graduated from Carnegie Mellon in 2001.

So while the first photo of them that we've seen was in 2008, they were definitely together a few years before that if the kids were already legally his too in 2009 by "co-parent adoption" between him and Simon. People have debated and analyzed interviews and parsed it out to be around 2004. They got married when they legally could.

The end.

by Anonymousreply 554January 15, 2019 9:45 PM

Sport, Duckling was regularly mentioned on DL as gay during GL, I was here then. Whenever there was a discussion about gay soap actors, everyone was “Matthew Bomer, Matthew Bomer.” In fact the rumors were so prevalent that when Warner Brothers refused to cast Bomer in Superman, everyone on here assumed it was because of the gay rumors. (Ironically Warner insisted then director Brett Ratner choose Brendan Fraser, who is now Bomer’s costar on that awful DC show.)

Also Bomer fathered a child but lied about it because he did not want to come out professionally.

by Anonymousreply 555January 15, 2019 10:23 PM

R555, I see the Duckling troll has switched accounts to start spouting lies again. No he didn't but he considers all the children his like any good parent should while being very careful about his wordings in the press.

by Anonymousreply 556January 15, 2019 10:32 PM

At this point maybe he’ll father one too? Maybe...

by Anonymousreply 557January 15, 2019 10:37 PM

Duckling fathered a baby and lied about it to many people, over and over again. It ruined his relationship with USA Network and led to White Collars’ early cancellation. It has also caused Duckling to be emotionally distant from his own child, which is why the kid is always with Simon in photos.

by Anonymousreply 558January 15, 2019 10:42 PM

How do we know Doom Patrol sucks?

by Anonymousreply 559January 15, 2019 11:13 PM

Just look at it.

by Anonymousreply 560January 15, 2019 11:15 PM

Where's the proof that Simon and David Burkta dated btw ?

by Anonymousreply 561January 16, 2019 12:18 AM

Neil Patrick Harris said so in his autobiography.

by Anonymousreply 562January 16, 2019 12:28 AM

[quote]It ruined his relationship with USA Network and led to White Collars’ early cancellation.

White Collar was canceled because they changed the network's format. The new head of programming wanted most of their original programming gone. They also didn't want to keep supporting (paying for) a show the network only half-owned which is also the reason why the show can't come back because there's too many hoops to jump through in order to get it back on the air since it's not owned just by one entity.

Other people reported it at the time and Matt said it himself in an interview last year.

by Anonymousreply 563January 16, 2019 1:02 AM

Suits is from the blue sky era and it’s stil on the air.

Of the blue sky shows White Collar got a pretty short shrift - 81 episodes (for comparison: Monk - 125 episodes, Royal Pains - 104 episodes, Burn Notice - 111 episodes, Suits - 118 episodes). I remember that they gave it a huge hiatus between Season 4 and 5 and it stumbled in the ratings due to that.

by Anonymousreply 564January 16, 2019 1:20 AM

What destroyed White Collar was the shows inclusion of Hilarie Burton as Neal's love interest . That woman couldn't act her way out of a paper bag and that relationship just felt forced . If they wanted to give Neal a girlfriend (which wasn't needed from a story telling standpoint) they should have used the Alex character ,she was fun and light and had a stable characterization . Burton's character just became whatever the show needed her to be to drive the plot .

by Anonymousreply 565January 16, 2019 5:14 AM

r559 We don't. But haters gonna hate.

by Anonymousreply 566January 16, 2019 6:02 AM

I thought Neal and Sara had awesome chemistry.

by Anonymousreply 567January 16, 2019 6:05 AM

Sterling Bosch lady was fun if a bit “random”. Alex reminded me too much of CSI Sara Sidle for some reason. Kate was ok, especially on rewatch after knowing what her brother looks like. Cray cray librarian was, well, cray cray. De gustibus etc...

by Anonymousreply 568January 16, 2019 8:19 AM

[quote]Suits is from the blue sky era and it’s stil on the air.

And Burn Notice, Necessary Roughness, White Collar, Covert Affairs, Psych, Royal Pains are gone. They stopped making shows like Monk a long time ago.

Suits was the transitional show between them picking up programming like Mr. Robot and for some reason it has outlasted all of them with Mr. Robot going off the air soon enough.

by Anonymousreply 569January 16, 2019 12:52 PM

So Ryan Murphy announced his new Netflix show and he still thinks that MAatt is not good enough for his shows? He has even taken Charlie Culver, guy . Finn Wittrock who came in Murphy 's camp much later than Bomer and without any reference[Matt had the backing of Simon / Ryan freindship]. has managed to become a regular on Murphy's every show.

Why Ryan is giving chance after chance to many inexperienced actors but not Matt who is the husband of his good friend?

by Anonymousreply 570January 16, 2019 1:12 PM

I think there is something also for Matt from the Murphy projects...look just 10 days ago they hosted an event for The Favourite and the very next day Matt and Ryan showed up together at Gold meets Golden.

by Anonymousreply 571January 16, 2019 2:54 PM

I’d like to see Matt in a romantic comedy role - gay or straight. He was good on Will & Grace. He doesn’t need any more horror shows.

by Anonymousreply 572January 16, 2019 3:11 PM

I think with Ryan, Matt Bomer has a choice whether or not he wants to work in his projects. Matt is taking his time choosing what to do next imo. White Collar ended because Matt was tired of traveling to NYC and needed to move on after The Normal Heart. Neal Caffrey has chemistry with all the ladies except a couple but boy he was sexy

by Anonymousreply 573January 16, 2019 3:17 PM

I think he should be applauded for not building his entire career around Ryan Murphy. He has a TV series where he has to do very little work but also will be on for the next two years. (You may not like the series, which is strange because it hasn't even aired yet, but it's a series.) We got films like Walking Out and Papi Chulo because he chose not to continually work with Ryan Murphy and only Ryan Murphy.

He'll have more free time to do things he wants to do with a steady paycheck coming in for the period Doom Patrol isn't shooting but airing.

As for why White Collar ended, I'll take his word from his own mouth, over anyone else's.

I think people missed it before but they released the casting breakdowns from his character on Doom Patrol's spotlight episode.

John Bowers - A male of any ethnicity in his early 30s. A blue-collar ground crew chief for the Air Force, Bowers was a witness to a horrible accident during testing. Has a romantic relationship with another male.

Sheryl Trainor - A woman in her 30s who is definitely related to Larry. A distant woman with two children who is now living with the fact that her husband died in a plane crash.

Von Fuchs - A Caucasian German in his 40s-60s who used to be a Nazi. Know as Paraguay's village cobbler, he is secretly a scientist involved with conducting experiments. He has a noticeable German accent.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 574January 16, 2019 3:29 PM

I also think Matt has a choice of whether he wants to be in Ryan Murphy's shows. Maybe he hasn't read anything that appealed to him as yet. Maybe he prefers the indies that he has been doing lately.

I just want to see him in Marvel movie. At least once.

by Anonymousreply 575January 16, 2019 4:19 PM

I want more Neal Caffrey!

by Anonymousreply 576January 16, 2019 4:27 PM

I was so upset when they took White Collar off Netflix late last year- I had only recently discovered it, and it had become a favorite of mine. I liked watching it before bed, or having it on as background noise.

by Anonymousreply 577January 16, 2019 4:30 PM

What did Neil say in his biography about Simon and David exactly? Does anyone have the quote, because it was my understanding that David was dating a publicist, but it was never confirmed to be Simon.

by Anonymousreply 578January 16, 2019 4:31 PM

That's all in old threads R578 as we continue to loop back around again and discuss the same stuff again and again and again.

by Anonymousreply 579January 16, 2019 4:44 PM

R579 Not everyone has been here forever. If you are bored, read some other thread. You never know when you might learn something new anyway.

by Anonymousreply 580January 16, 2019 4:58 PM

R578 It’s very likely to have been Simon the one who David dated. That’s all.

by Anonymousreply 581January 16, 2019 5:02 PM

R580, There's also this thing called a "search function" why don't you try using it?

by Anonymousreply 582January 16, 2019 5:11 PM

It honestly doesn't take too much effort to look up old threads. If you've time to post on this thread then you've time to Google other threads. For those bot bothered to look it up, NPH said he met David but he was dating a publicist and he made a move after he learned they broke up. Later on in the book he says that it was his previous publicist who landed him in the mess forcing him to come out so he had to hire a new publicist to help sort it out and that it just happened to be David's ex. So it's Simon

by Anonymousreply 583January 16, 2019 5:12 PM

Did fans really buy tickets to the two screenings for Papi Chulo in Dublin? The two screenings which are within like an hour of each other? Wtf

by Anonymousreply 584January 24, 2019 6:57 PM

I know I'm mentally deranged, so no need to point it out, but I've had a dream of Matt and his family. Simon's face kept falling off so he had to put it back with scotch tape over and over again, Matt alternated between being absolutely mortified about it and acting like nothing happened, and his elder kid was a ten feet giant. That'll teach me to try to get through the whole thread before going to sleep.

by Anonymousreply 585January 24, 2019 9:52 PM

It's not like he doesn't encourage it R584. I wonder if Simon will come along this time to help handle his PR.

by Anonymousreply 586January 24, 2019 10:31 PM

I hope Simon is proud that he repped a pedophile who molested kids Kit’s age!

by Anonymousreply 587January 24, 2019 10:35 PM

r584 some of them are batshit crazy.

by Anonymousreply 588January 25, 2019 3:02 AM

R586 say it's 50/50 whether Simon will be there. I guess it's the first time Matt has had a film lead a festival so Simon may show for that but the fact they're going to Glasgow the next day kinda appears that it'll just be a group thing with the actors/producers/director.

Some of those fans are mental. Who goes to a screening of the same film within an hour of each other? Don't see the point as you may or may not get a quick 10 second meeting with an actor. So weird.

by Anonymousreply 589January 25, 2019 4:15 AM

R589, I just don't want him to get crushed because he's being too nice. LOL

There's only 9 posts left after this one on this thread and things should be picking up soon, the next one is at the link.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 590January 25, 2019 4:37 AM

Those fans are fucking crazy, there's one in particular who tweets him many times a day and he keeps liking her tweets, it's so weird how he encourages them.

by Anonymousreply 591January 25, 2019 9:14 AM

The Doom Potral cast has released new promo pics on their social media expect for Matt. I know some people on DL have already called the show boring, but I'm going to wait to see at least a few episodes.

Matt did drop out of a dircting gig for this. I hope this move works out for him.

by Anonymousreply 592January 25, 2019 9:27 PM

Matt will be presenting at the SAG awards this Sunday.

by Anonymousreply 593January 25, 2019 11:09 PM

[quote]The Doom Potral cast has released new promo pics on their social media expect for Matt.

They only released those short videos for three of the characters/actors so far. They haven't done Matt's yet, Cyborg and Chief. When they do, I'm sure he'll post it. Dropping out of that one episode directing gig for this long term gig was the right decision.

The more telling thing is he was completely silent on the Youtube Premium release of Viper Club. Not an instagram post or tweet about it which is usually how he shows how he feels. Guess he doesn't want any Susan backlash since he got caught up in that too.

It had to be a bit awkward when the film was doing the festival circuit while he was shooting Will & Grace with Susan's (often written about) online enemy Debra Messing.

by Anonymousreply 594January 26, 2019 5:39 AM

R594 he posted about Viper Club before but it's probably one of the roles he didn't care for too much aa he was just helping out a friend. Equally he could be working on something at the moment and he's only dipping in and out of social media.

Doom Patrol is just something he can do for an easy paycheck in fairness- not exactly a passion project

by Anonymousreply 595January 26, 2019 12:04 PM

R595, Yes he posted about it when he was doing press for it but now that the public can see it, he hasn’t mentioned it. I agree he didn’t care too much for it. (Unlike Papi Chulo or Walking Out.)

I don’t think an actor commits to a TV series unless they like it, even as a voice actor with mixed duties, because it will block them from doing other things for a time. He is on call for them until March, and then free until August when it starts up again.

I really hope he is just spending time with his family now since he has other Matt events coming up soon and that he has other secret projects he is going for.

by Anonymousreply 596January 26, 2019 5:28 PM

He has a beard again. I hate the beard.

by Anonymousreply 597January 27, 2019 10:07 AM

He busted ass last year and worked nearly the entire year.

Let him grow his beard out and relax. I think it's sexy.

by Anonymousreply 598January 27, 2019 10:44 AM

Has anyone seen "Jonathan"?Is it any good?Does Matt even mention this movie?

by Anonymousreply 599January 27, 2019 10:21 PM

Matt and Simon on their way to the SAG Awards.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 600January 27, 2019 10:40 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!