Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Jim Mattis 2020? Trump Says His Secretary of Defense is a Democrat and May Leave Soon

What do you think, DL? Could this gay Marine general be a dark horse candidate? Could he be the man we need to take down Trump?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 156January 31, 2023 4:15 AM

He’s gay?

by Anonymousreply 1October 14, 2018 4:00 PM

R1 You beat me to it. Is he?

by Anonymousreply 2October 14, 2018 4:04 PM

From his Wikipedia page. All the signs point to 'yes'

[quote] Mattis has never been married[54] and has no children.[2] He proposed to a woman named Alice Gillis, but she called off the wedding days before it was to occur, not wanting to burden his career.[19] He is nicknamed "The Warrior Monk" because of his bachelorhood and lifelong devotion to the study of war.[128]

by Anonymousreply 3October 14, 2018 4:06 PM

Not gay.

by Anonymousreply 4October 14, 2018 4:08 PM

I like Mattis.

by Anonymousreply 5October 14, 2018 4:12 PM

He has slobber mouth.

by Anonymousreply 6October 14, 2018 4:13 PM

Perhaps not out, but nearly all normal, straight guys want the home life and intimacy/sex a marriage provides. Not to mention the camaraderie with other married guys and community approval as well...

by Anonymousreply 7October 14, 2018 4:14 PM

For him to reach the level he did in the military without a wedding ring is astounding. You can’t get anywhere without that gold band.

by Anonymousreply 8October 14, 2018 4:18 PM

He's never been one of MY gentleman callers.

by Anonymousreply 9October 14, 2018 4:31 PM

[QUOTE]Not gay.

Yes gay.

by Anonymousreply 10October 14, 2018 4:48 PM

He's not a Democrat. Did trump really say that about him?

by Anonymousreply 11October 14, 2018 5:14 PM

This is an excerpt on Mattis from Bob Woodward’s new book “Fear: Inside the Trump White House”:

[QUOTE]As a colonel, Mattis had taken the Marines into Afghanistan after the 9/11 terrorist attacks. Navy captain, and SEAL for 17 years, Bob Harward had led the SEALs.

[QUOTE]“Hey, want to go together?” Mattis had asked Harward in 2001. In the dozen years that followed, Harward had major assignments under Mattis.

[QUOTE]In the summer of 2013, now a vice admiral, Harward was sent to MacDill Air Force Base in Florida to become deputy central commander to Mattis. He checked into the BOQ, Bachelor Officer Quarters, worked a day, and went back to his room. All his belongings had been moved out. He was told everything had been moved to General Mattis’s house.

[QUOTE]Harward went over to the house. He walked into the kitchen and found General Mattis there, folding Harward’s underwear. “Sir,” Harward said, “what the fuck are you doing?” “I did my laundry,” Mattis said. “I figured I’d do yours too.”

[QUOTE]Harward found Mattis the most gracious, humble officer he had ever served under. Rather than introduce Harward as “my deputy,” Mattis said, “I want you to meet my co-commander.” When Harward retired and moved to the Middle East as the chief executive of Lockheed Martin in the United Arab Emirates, he kept in touch with Mattis.

by Anonymousreply 12October 14, 2018 5:22 PM

For Trump, if you don't bow and scrape in front of him and treat him like a king, you must be a Democrat.

That's why all Republicans are Trump supporters now.

by Anonymousreply 13October 14, 2018 5:48 PM

Or, maybe, most Republicans share the same sociopathic tendencies with Trump, even if not his arrogant vulgarity and stupidity, so they see some aspects of themselves in him?

by Anonymousreply 14October 14, 2018 5:51 PM

By calling him a democrat Trump was hinting Mattis is gay.

by Anonymousreply 15October 14, 2018 5:56 PM

Maybe Mattis wrote the NYTs editorial ?

by Anonymousreply 16October 14, 2018 6:13 PM

Well known power bottom. Loves to wear the camo caftan.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17October 14, 2018 6:53 PM

That’s an odd story at r12. Sounds positively Lincolnesque...

by Anonymousreply 18October 14, 2018 7:35 PM

Mattis is a close friend of Admiral McRaven, the guy who got Bin Laden and who has ripped Trump to shreds. I think Mattis may be the author of the NY Times article.

by Anonymousreply 19October 14, 2018 8:05 PM

With just un soupçon of Neil Simon, r18.

by Anonymousreply 20October 14, 2018 10:49 PM

him and Lindsay graham are secret lovers for many yrs....

by Anonymousreply 21October 14, 2018 11:09 PM

Mattis can do a lot better than Lindsey Graham.

by Anonymousreply 22October 14, 2018 11:38 PM

He's too old to be my gentleman caller

by Anonymousreply 23October 14, 2018 11:41 PM

Mattis so far sounds like an excellent choice. Would like to know more about him but so far I love his honorable character and true strength.

by Anonymousreply 24October 14, 2018 11:48 PM

Mattis wouldn't have made general if he were a friend of Dorothy. The military would have drummed him out a long time ago.

by Anonymousreply 25October 14, 2018 11:53 PM

i'm watching him on 60min right now. I think he's even fatter now! Eat more ! Eat more!

by Anonymousreply 26October 14, 2018 11:59 PM

Is it possible to have a presidential candidate who is younger than, oh say, 55?

by Anonymousreply 27October 14, 2018 11:59 PM

[quote]I love his honorable character and true strength

People of honorable character don't work for Trump.

[quote]Mattis wouldn't have made general if he were a friend of Dorothy. The military would have drummed him out a long time ago.

You might remember that old phrase Don't Ask, Don't Tell. If you're talented, I think the military will just look the other way if they think you're gay.

by Anonymousreply 28October 15, 2018 12:08 AM

He could harbor sentiments, but never have acted on them. Who would know? (except the navy seal in the story ar r12)

by Anonymousreply 29October 15, 2018 12:32 AM

I’m shocked that passage from the book didn’t ring any alarms. Was Bob Woodward expecting that morsel to make headlines?

by Anonymousreply 30October 15, 2018 1:22 AM

Damn. I never thought about Mad Dog one way or another except he was supposed to be relatively sane in that crowd. I hadn’t heard he was an unmarried possibile homosexual before.

by Anonymousreply 31October 15, 2018 1:43 AM

zero likelihood he’s gay. Marines are the smallest armed forces branch and a hint of it would have gotten around years ago. They also have lower BS and politics than the other services.

When the Marines turn against you, the entire military isn’t far behind.

by Anonymousreply 32October 15, 2018 1:49 AM

Mattis always struck me as the least horrible cabinet member so I can buy him as a Democrat, although that might just be Trump using one of his favorite insults.

by Anonymousreply 33October 15, 2018 1:56 AM

"zero likelihood he’s gay. Marines are the smallest armed forces branch and a hint of it would have gotten around years ago. They also have lower BS and politics than the other services."

You've clearly never met a closeted military man before.....

by Anonymousreply 34October 15, 2018 1:57 AM

Xactly T34

The Marines are filthy with closeted gays. It’s the service worried fathers shipped their suspect sons “To Make a Man Out of Them.”

by Anonymousreply 35October 15, 2018 2:02 AM

Trump apparently said in the 60 Minutes interview that he knows more about NATO than Mattis does.

by Anonymousreply 36October 15, 2018 3:14 AM

R34, Very briefly dated a young marine. He described the hazing practices for newbies, definitely homoerotic with S&M overtones. Universally practiced.

Remember US Army get regular R&R after boot camp where they can visit their girlfriends or paid companions. US Marines pride themselves on being super macho and hard ass, despite being stuck together on the same ship for a very lengthy period of time.

by Anonymousreply 37October 15, 2018 3:43 AM

Anyone with a lick of sense, decency and morality is a Democrat so he might be.

by Anonymousreply 38October 15, 2018 3:53 AM

Fourth graders probably know more about NATO than Trump does

by Anonymousreply 39October 15, 2018 3:25 PM

That's pretty safe to assume, r39.

by Anonymousreply 40October 15, 2018 6:01 PM

"It’s the service worried fathers shipped their suspect sons “To Make a Man Out of Them.”

Alas, my Iwo Jima vet USMC dad didn't even try. He knew a lost cause when he saw one.

by Anonymousreply 41October 15, 2018 6:31 PM

r34 um duh. Glad to make your acquaintance, dumbass

by Anonymousreply 42October 15, 2018 8:04 PM

r42, why so nasty? Get a life.

by Anonymousreply 43October 16, 2018 4:15 AM

Is it possible to become president without being married. Does there need to be a First Lady?

I would love a military guy to become president, he would sent the Assad's, the Xis and the Putins packing. EXACTLY what is needed in these dangerous times.

by Anonymousreply 44October 16, 2018 4:40 AM

r37 the USMC have an inferiority complex because they are considered an anachronism by other AF branches, even the Navy (of which they are a part). As an amphibious assault unit, they were incredibly brave and would take a shit ton of casualties, but were considered a "brute force" option. They don't really have a separate capability like air power, and they are not solely elite Special Forces like Navy SEALs. Those units they do have tend to get into trouble during deployments.

Point being, they stress a lot of "mano a mano" culture to compensate.

by Anonymousreply 45October 16, 2018 7:39 AM

where've you been, r44?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 46October 16, 2018 8:07 AM

“Is it possible to become president without being married. Does there need to be a First Lady?“

Maybe Bob Harward can be the First Lady.

by Anonymousreply 47October 16, 2018 7:56 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 48October 18, 2018 6:49 PM

Trump, his kids, Michael Cohen are all Democrats. No, OP.

by Anonymousreply 49October 18, 2018 6:50 PM

Which means if he is a reasonable and intelligent man, he must be a Democrat?

by Anonymousreply 50October 18, 2018 6:52 PM

I knew a man who studied war and had one short term marriage that ended nicely...I thought he was gay.

by Anonymousreply 51October 18, 2018 6:55 PM

Trump only picked him because he had the name Mad Dog. Trump the little scary cat, bully, liked that name.

by Anonymousreply 52October 18, 2018 6:58 PM

R24, I've just been reading about him, and he sounds decent, ascetic, and probably low-sexed.

by Anonymousreply 53October 18, 2018 7:06 PM

[quote]... lifelong devotion to the study of war. ...

Ascetic, indeed, R52. What a hobby!

by Anonymousreply 54October 18, 2018 7:20 PM

He's almost 70 years old and still carries himself like a Marine...beautiful trim body, great chest. Oh yeah, and he'd make a fine POTUS even without a FLOTUS.

by Anonymousreply 55December 22, 2019 5:36 PM

The anecdote @ R12 is very sweet...and I am wondering if Jim was in love with him. <3 <3

by Anonymousreply 56December 22, 2019 6:03 PM

It's interesting that Harward was Trump's choice for National Security Adviser when Flynn stepped down. Harward declined the position, likening the appointment to a "shit sandwich."

[quote]Harward was fundamentally uncomfortable taking charge of a National Security Council staffed with Trump’s political advisers, and was turned off by the “unwillingness of White House political team to be deferential to the White House national security team” and the “unwillingness of [the] White House political team to be malleable,” per a source. (According to CNN’s Jake Tapper, Harward allegedly called the prospect of overseeing a dysfunctional, politically driven council a “shit sandwich.”)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 57December 22, 2019 6:28 PM

My impression of General Mattis is that he’s a devout Christian. He doesn’t drink, doesn’t carouse and is always a gentleman.

I wouldn’t cross him. If he ran for President, I’d vote for him. Russia would shit it’s collective pants.

by Anonymousreply 58December 22, 2019 7:13 PM

R12 They were quite the pair at CentComm in Tampa when Gen Jim was in charge. In fact, it was the General's influence that jumped Harward from a one star Admiral to a three star! Skipped two stars completely. Plus, Gen Jim posts a picture of him in his new book --Call Sign Chaos ---with the caption 'my alter ego'. What a beautiful top/bottom match!

by Anonymousreply 59December 22, 2019 7:14 PM

R58 General Mattis loves his beer! He's not a lush but he is a beer drinker...the darker, the better!

by Anonymousreply 60December 22, 2019 7:16 PM

Is Robert Harward a bachelor too ?? Is Mattis still folding his underwear and doing his laundry ??

There might be a love story for the ages happening in plain view....

by Anonymousreply 61December 22, 2019 7:18 PM

After I watched Generation Kill years after it came out, I spent a few nights watching interviews with the real Marines the movie was based on. Some of these guys get very addicted to the experience of war, and find going back to normal married life very difficult--even though they're straight. I would imagine a fair number of lifers who stay feel like civilian life is an encumbrance.

by Anonymousreply 62December 22, 2019 7:18 PM

R61 Yep, Adm Bob is still a bachelor!

by Anonymousreply 63December 22, 2019 7:19 PM

R62 I loved Generation Kill. Especially it's true depiction of the homo-erotic USMC! Those guys are the manliest of the manly and are the least homophobic of any branch of service!

by Anonymousreply 64December 22, 2019 7:20 PM

R61 Bob Harward is still a bachelor. It was probably Gen Mattis' experiences dealing with La Donald that turned off Harward to accepting a position in that "shit-sandwich." I'm assuming the 'shit sandwich' he describes would have been himself, The Donald, and the General. Who knows? Maybe the game plan at one point was to set up housekeeping in DC before it all went to hell....

by Anonymousreply 65December 22, 2019 7:30 PM

R62 Have you seen this DL post? (Sorry I'm so new to DL I don't know how to link posts)

Rudy Reyes! Anyone watching Generation Kill?

by Anonymousreply 66December 22, 2019 7:35 PM

Mattis was in office for only about a month before Flynn had to resign, but I'm sure it was enough time to understand the dysfunctional dynamic and warn Harwood away. I wonder what compelled Mattis to take the position in the first place? Did he think it couldn't possibly be [italic]that[/italic] bad? Sense of duty and obligation? The challenge?

by Anonymousreply 67December 22, 2019 7:43 PM

R67 General Mattis says he took the job because of his 'sense of duty' -- but why would he accept the job KNOWING that Trump didn't agree with anything Mattis said in the interview? Mattis acknowledges this fact in many interviews but he accepted the job anyway. My guess is he just didn't realize how childish Trump is: that all LaDonald wanted was to gather up all the generals he could and put them in his toy chest. He used Mattis' reputation to burnish his own rep and all he accomplished was tarnishing Mattis. I think ALL the Generals - Mattis, Kelly, Dunford, etc - were so used to bending the will of others that they thought they could bend Trump. And instead they got played.

by Anonymousreply 68December 22, 2019 7:56 PM

[quote]I’m shocked that passage from the book didn’t ring any alarms. Was Bob Woodward expecting that morsel to make headlines?

R30 I'm surprised the passage made it into the book. The media has always treated him as untouchable because of his hero status. But recently more gossip is coming out about him partying without pants years ago! There's a DL thread about George Washington and the gays that gets into it a bit.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 69February 4, 2020 3:59 PM

"bump"

by Anonymousreply 70February 9, 2020 3:27 PM

I see nothing unharward in R12’s posting, R18.

by Anonymousreply 71February 9, 2020 4:43 PM

[quote] He used Mattis' reputation to burnish his own rep and all he accomplished was tarnishing Mattis.

Everything trump touches turns to shit.

by Anonymousreply 72February 9, 2020 4:58 PM

He should take Trump down with a razor, across his throat.

by Anonymousreply 73February 9, 2020 5:14 PM

R72 You are correct. However, he climbed on board the Big Orange Express by his own choice. Two other people turned down the Defense Secty job. Difficult to believe anyone with an ounce of public awareness prior to the election didn't see Trump's taste for chewing up and spitting out a person's decency. Anyone joining his administration opened themselves up to reputational suicide.

by Anonymousreply 74February 9, 2020 5:17 PM

Why should anyone bow and scrape to the lowlife, Trump? People no longer have backbones.

by Anonymousreply 75February 9, 2020 5:20 PM

R75 Agreed. What they have instead of spines is the need to stay in the spotlight or remain relevant. And then that need bites them in the ass in the persona of Trump. Look at Bolton, too. Couldn't wait to get back in the mix and then couldn't wait to get out.

by Anonymousreply 76February 9, 2020 5:44 PM

John Kelly broke his silence yesterday to defend Alexander Vinkman against Trump. Is this too little too late? If he couldn't be impeached, what difference does it make for Kelly, Bolton, Tillerson, or Mattis to step forward now? It's over. The only way we can be saved now is by voting this asswipe out of office.

by Anonymousreply 77February 15, 2020 1:35 AM

Mattis as a dark horse candidate is only a possibility as a spoiler. That's the same strategy the DNC used bringing in Wesley Clark to knock the air out of poor Howard Dean's campaign.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 78February 15, 2020 2:56 AM

r44 Melania has been practically useless as First Lady so at this point I don't think it would matter

by Anonymousreply 79February 15, 2020 3:10 AM

All Trump's shenanigans are because Obama left the next President a country in good standing. Trump can survive with half an administration because he's still riding on Obama's fumes. He has had next to no challenges in his Presidency, except the shit he's brought upon himself.

by Anonymousreply 80February 15, 2020 3:29 AM

Mattis has been out of DC for over a year. Any further word on the gay / not gay front? Has he set up (or resumed) housekeeping with anyone? He's been very low key with the exception of that recent Trump takedown in The Atlantic.

by Anonymousreply 81July 10, 2020 12:58 PM

R44 President James Buchanan was not married, and I believe his niece took on the role of the first lady when needed.

by Anonymousreply 82July 10, 2020 1:52 PM

R82 Interesting. A few years ago, Ms Lindsay said his sister would act as FLOTUS if elected but I think he's given up on ever being elected to anything now!

by Anonymousreply 83July 10, 2020 2:21 PM

R82 His niece was, in fact, the first person to be referred to in the press as the First Lady, as she ran a very tight ship and was evidently a very formidable person.

by Anonymousreply 84July 10, 2020 2:40 PM

[quote]Well known power bottom.

R17 I'm intrigued because I want to believe this! Any tea?

by Anonymousreply 85August 14, 2020 9:31 PM

Anyone know if he's quarantining with anyone? Mattis has been doing some virtual speeches and PSAs from his home in Washington state. I wonder if he's alone or has a partner with him...

by Anonymousreply 86August 25, 2020 6:13 AM

I just saw a Navy Seal Foundation fundraiser where Mattis was the keynote speaker. They played plenty of videos of ex-Seals gushing about the Foundation. Then the goof who introduced Mattis mentioned his close relationship with Harward but kept mispronouncing his name (Hayward, Harwood!) but there was no video or comment by Harward himself. Mattis took the stage, talked for 20 minutes, barely looking up from his notes which is very unusual, and that was it. What the hell was that all about?

by Anonymousreply 87September 16, 2020 4:48 PM

R85 Yes, possum for sure. Beautiful chest.

by Anonymousreply 88November 10, 2020 6:58 AM

Relationship-wise, Mattis’s bio sounds very Lindsey Graham-ish, though obviously Mattis is not so flaming.

by Anonymousreply 89November 10, 2020 7:04 AM

The Senatrix is deeply in love with the Orange Con Man. The General isn't.

by Anonymousreply 90November 10, 2020 9:22 AM

Too bad Mattis didn't come through on your prediction, OP. He wouldn't have won the nomination but it would have made from some interesting debates.

by Anonymousreply 91December 1, 2020 1:08 PM

I’d love to see Mattis brought back as Secretary of Defense.

by Anonymousreply 92December 1, 2020 1:15 PM

Isnt McRaven going to be R92?

by Anonymousreply 93December 1, 2020 1:18 PM

I heard it was going to be either Mattis's protege, Michelle Flournoy, or Jeh Johnson. Mattis wanted Ms. Flournoy on his team but she told him she had a bad gut feeling about Trump!

by Anonymousreply 94December 1, 2020 1:28 PM

Looked up Bob Harward; no mention of any spouse or children.

Was he the top in the relationship?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 95December 1, 2020 1:48 PM

R95 Yep, rumor has it that Mattis was a "bossy bottom." They lived together in Tampa when Mattis was head of US Central Command and Harward his deputy though he referred to him as his "co-commander." Harward was offered the position of National Security Advisor under Trump but he declined, quoted as saying he didn't want to be 'a part of that shit sandwich.'

by Anonymousreply 96December 1, 2020 1:58 PM

I'd like to inspect Bob's weaponry

by Anonymousreply 97December 1, 2020 2:03 PM

Admiral Bob was a Navy Seal...thus that beautiful body!

Here he is smelling cookies...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 98December 1, 2020 2:33 PM

Damn, Bob is a hot daddy

by Anonymousreply 99December 1, 2020 2:37 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 100December 1, 2020 2:54 PM

R100 He looks like George Jones!

by Anonymousreply 101December 2, 2020 1:20 AM

R95 Look at those beautiful chest pillows and abs. Absolutely gorgeous. Who wouldn't bottom to this god!

by Anonymousreply 102December 2, 2020 1:22 AM

[QUOTE] He's almost 70 years old and still carries himself like a Marine...beautiful trim body, great chest. Oh yeah, and he'd make a fine POTUS even without a FLOTUS.

It’s so hard to keep the pounds off at that age. I don’t know how him and Joe Biden do it.

by Anonymousreply 103December 2, 2020 8:36 PM

I think it’s all about your sweet tooth. If you’re not big on dessert and your ideal meal is steak and a baked potato, you won’t have trouble staying lean.

by Anonymousreply 104December 2, 2020 8:43 PM

R103 Mattis still runs 3 days a week and uses his elliptical the other 4 days. He has an amazing regimen but it makes sense because he has always been physically fit, prides himself on it. R104, Mattis is a definite steak, potato, and broccoli man although he claims to enjoy dark beer and a burger once a week.

by Anonymousreply 105December 2, 2020 9:01 PM

It seems quite a few Dlers know him. Anyone had him?

by Anonymousreply 106December 7, 2020 2:52 AM

Mattis was pictured being vaccinated last week in a drive-thru by the National Guard. Gotta love when famous people don't ask for special treatment.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 107January 31, 2021 7:36 PM

bump

by Anonymousreply 108March 9, 2022 6:42 AM

[quote] It’s so hard to keep the pounds off at that age.

He'd lose 10 lbs if he got rid of those bags under his eyes.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 109March 9, 2022 7:13 AM

LOL, R109. I saw him recently -- the eyebags aren't as huge now. They must've enlarged during the Trump years!

by Anonymousreply 110March 9, 2022 11:55 PM

Mad Dog Mattis finally got married.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 111July 3, 2022 2:05 AM

Don't tell me. He married his mother's cousin just to make sure she gets benefits, so she's not a forlorn spinster waiting for Medicaid.

by Anonymousreply 112July 3, 2022 2:14 AM

What are you talking about, R112?

by Anonymousreply 113July 3, 2022 12:39 PM

Incest, Rose.

At his age after his career is over, why bother?

by Anonymousreply 114July 3, 2022 12:55 PM

Oh, you were making a funny. I get it now.

by Anonymousreply 115July 3, 2022 3:18 PM

Was a board member of Theranos

Is he Opus Dei?

by Anonymousreply 116July 3, 2022 3:38 PM

He hires good writers

[quote] I'm not just an overrated general, I am the greatest, the world's most overrated ... I'm honored to be considered that by Donald Trump, because he also called Meryl Streep an overrated actress. So I guess I'm the Meryl Streep of generals, and frankly, that sounds pretty good to me. And you do have to admit that between me and Meryl, at least we've had some victories.

[quote] He continued, "I've earned my spurs on the battlefield ... Donald Trump earned his spurs in a letter from a doctor."

by Anonymousreply 117July 3, 2022 3:40 PM

If you’re thinking of replacing Biden with Mattis in 2024…. I don’t think the younger generation wants another 70+ baby boomer.

by Anonymousreply 118July 3, 2022 3:45 PM

This thread was before Biden even announced his candidacy, R118. It just happens to be the only major Mattis thread we had on here and I didn’t want to start another.

by Anonymousreply 119July 3, 2022 3:48 PM

R116 Yes, he was on the Theranos board. He must fall for these supposedly strong female entrepreneur types. They make good beards, I guess. Busy with their own lives. His favorite fuckbuddy, Bob Harward, was his best man at the wedding last weekend!

Don't know about Opus Dei but know that he claims to be a devout Catholic.

by Anonymousreply 120July 3, 2022 4:03 PM

[quote]Is Robert Harward a bachelor too ?? Is Mattis still folding his underwear and doing his laundry ?? There might be a love story for the ages happening in plain view....

R61 Harward was married decades ago, another beard situation. The fact that he was Mattis' best man at the wedding (instead of Mattis's brother) speaks to their unique relationship.

by Anonymousreply 121July 3, 2022 4:29 PM

[quote]At his age after his career is over, why bother?

R114 He needed a beard so his gay legacy wouldn't move forward. It's all for the history books to ensure he comes out as completely hetero. It's amazing that for all his self-promotion as a lover of the ladies, not one has ever stepped forward to talk about it. Why not? He was a bachelor, it would be quite a status point to have been a 4-star General's bedmate. Nah, he has no old 'girlfriends' in his closet. Only an ex-fiance from 50 years ago. She broke off the engagement; probably knew he smelled cookies.

by Anonymousreply 122July 3, 2022 5:08 PM

Well he’s a big, strong married man now, R122. Heterosexuality confirmed. Mad Dog loves the pussy.

by Anonymousreply 123July 3, 2022 5:28 PM

My question is: If he was such a pussy hound, why haven't we heard from at least ONE of his ladies? He never claimed celibacy, insisted that he loved the ladies. If he had a long-term relationship, she'd be writing a book. If it was a series of flings, at least one of the women would come forward. I agree, R123, he's now a big strong married man and confirmed hetero.

by Anonymousreply 124July 3, 2022 10:02 PM

R123 Thanks for the laugh!

by Anonymousreply 125July 5, 2022 6:19 PM

Don't ask don't tell

by Anonymousreply 126July 5, 2022 6:29 PM

I make man out of him.

by Anonymousreply 127July 5, 2022 6:36 PM

OMG, the DLer who was in love with him must be crushed.

by Anonymousreply 128July 5, 2022 7:02 PM

R128 you mean DLers, pluriel Muriel

by Anonymousreply 129July 5, 2022 7:17 PM

[quote] Heterosexuality confirmed. Mad Dog loves the pussy.

At his age, marriage hardly confirm a love of pousshay.

by Anonymousreply 130July 5, 2022 7:29 PM

Cheaper than hiring a private nurse, I guess.

by Anonymousreply 131July 6, 2022 1:10 AM

R131 Great observation! Validates his false legacy as a pussy lover AND marrying a wealthy woman looking for status is probably less expensive than a private nurse.

by Anonymousreply 132July 6, 2022 2:29 PM

Yeah but Mad Dog could’ve had a private nurse who looks like this:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 133July 6, 2022 3:51 PM

He is not a Democrat.

He is not someone we should remotely consider supporting.

He is a rethug and sufficiently passed cheeto's purity tests to get the Defense job in the first place.

Disagreeing with cheeto does NOT make you a Dem - it merely makes you nominally less INSANE than other rethugs.

by Anonymousreply 134July 6, 2022 3:54 PM

We are beyond that, R134. It’s cool. Relax.

by Anonymousreply 135July 6, 2022 4:04 PM

R134 thinks it's still 2016.

by Anonymousreply 136July 6, 2022 4:29 PM

Why was this dumb thread bumped?

by Anonymousreply 137July 6, 2022 4:33 PM

R137 Because Mattis - at the age of 71 - ust married A WOMAN, a very wealthy woman, and his best was his fuckbuddy for years! DL catnip!

by Anonymousreply 138July 6, 2022 4:51 PM

It’s the only Mattis thread I found that wasn’t locked due to age and inactivity, R137.

by Anonymousreply 139July 6, 2022 7:29 PM

Thank you, R139. I started a MAttis thread a couple years ago and I can't find it now. There are many Mattis / gay USMC fans on DL. I'll try to do another search and see if I can find my original. I was heartbroken over him at the time and looking for comfort. The responses were helpful, funny, and snarky. It was a good DL thread!

by Anonymousreply 140July 6, 2022 7:45 PM

I've tried doing a search about the Mattis thread I started in 2019 or 2020 and can't find it. Don't know if it's me or the search function but it was a good thread with some very interesting pictures.

by Anonymousreply 141July 7, 2022 4:55 PM

R137 / R139 I would love to continue the thread I started a couple years ago but - as I wrote in R141 - I can't find the thread. I started out with a broken heart but DL got me out of the doldrums.

by Anonymousreply 142July 8, 2022 12:05 AM

Wiki:

He berated Trump for deliberately trying to cause division among the American people and advocating military action to "dominate" the country's protests.

"Militarizing our response, as we witnessed in Washington, D.C., sets up a conflict—a false conflict—between the military and civilian society, and diminishes the trust and constitutional relationship between the armed services and the civilian population they support", he wrote.

👍

by Anonymousreply 143July 8, 2022 12:30 AM

He still managed to be part of the shit-show for two years. He was smart enough to get out but then hid behind the "I-don't-talk-about-a-President-still-in-office". Cowardice trying to disguise itself as INTEGRITY.

by Anonymousreply 144July 8, 2022 9:03 PM

He was afraid of how much worse things would get without him, R144.

by Anonymousreply 145July 8, 2022 9:43 PM

Then he should have stayed. That business about 'the only adults in the room' was bullshit. It was apparent before the first year was over, that Trump was orchestrating that circus.

by Anonymousreply 146July 10, 2022 1:16 AM

A man can only take so much, R146.

by Anonymousreply 147July 10, 2022 3:29 AM

R147 He should have told us much earlier instead of flying around the word trying to reassure allies. Yes, it was great he did that but he didn't tell US, the American people!! We needed him then.

by Anonymousreply 148July 10, 2022 4:37 AM

Is he thinking about 2024? That makes sense about his marriage a few weeks ago at age 71.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 149July 22, 2022 1:17 AM

Does OP think it's 2019? WTF?

by Anonymousreply 150July 22, 2022 1:29 AM

[quote]Does OP think it's 2019? WTF?

OP started the thread in 2018, R150. 10/14/2018 per the date on the post, to be exact.

But to answer your question; no. OP did not think it was 2019 (because it literally was 2018)

by Anonymousreply 151July 22, 2022 1:34 AM

I didn't want to start a new thread. His recent marriage (after life-long bachelorhood) poses the question: Why? There must be a reason...

by Anonymousreply 152July 22, 2022 1:41 AM

There is a new DL thread about Mattis's convenient marriage at 71.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 153July 22, 2022 4:34 PM

Should he be considered for 2024 now that he's married?

by Anonymousreply 154December 3, 2022 6:01 AM

Here he is at the November 2022 USMC birthday bash. He sounds great but looks terrible. Maybe marriage isn't agreeing with him...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 155December 4, 2022 12:47 AM

bump

by Anonymousreply 156January 31, 2023 4:15 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!