Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Why are majority of gay men so against bisexual men and act like they don't exist

Why are majority of gay men so against bisexual men and act like they don't exist. It's not just gay and straight guys there is such a thing as bisexual

by Anonymousreply 227January 5, 2019 7:41 AM

I don’t think we’re against them. But we do scoff at the notion of bi-phobia; the only aspect of bisexuality that’s ever been clamped down on by law and by society is the homosexual aspect. There have never been laws that singled out bisexuality for jail or punishment; only homosexuality. Bisexual people are highly fortunate that they can incline towards their heterosexuality if they so choose, and thereby conform to societal expectations. And many of them do just that.

by Anonymousreply 1September 19, 2018 6:58 PM

Shouldn't you be working on your algebra homework, OP? At least you're not trolling us with your usual Instahos.

by Anonymousreply 2September 19, 2018 7:04 PM

As a gay man, I’ve found my Bi friends live in deeper closets. Hell, more like submarines. Some are full on fuck buddies and great in bed. But will not acknowledge me in public, ever.

When they’re not in a relationship we’re friends in public: their submarine has surfaced and it’s shore leave! Once they start dating again WOOP WOOP DIVE DIVE

I hear from them when they need their ass pounded. Or they just want to hang out and talk. It’s good.

When I was younger, it pissed me off. I’m more empathetic. Balancing relationship and sexual needs isn’t easy when you’re gay or straight. It looks to me like it’s 4x more complicated for Bi men.

While most of my bi friends are monogamous in a relationship, some are heteroromantic only. It’s like being Bi has its own Kinsey scale and gays can be either threatened or judgemental. We keep expecting Bi men to conform to our expectations the same way straights expect us to conform to theirs.

I really like my bi buddies. I like their masculinity. I like how verbal and intense they are during sex. Most have a similar background to mine, so there’s a common outlook and perspective.

by Anonymousreply 3September 19, 2018 7:14 PM

Because bi men have never done anything for gay men, ever. Except leave them for their girlfriends and wives when they want stability and a happy hetero lifestyle.

by Anonymousreply 4September 19, 2018 7:25 PM

When more bisexual men start living out of the closet full-time, they will get more respect from gay men who are out full-time.

by Anonymousreply 5September 19, 2018 7:28 PM

Maybe The majority on DL or “gay activist forums,” but on dating apps, bi and nongay guys are the most desired men on m4m sites.

by Anonymousreply 6September 19, 2018 7:29 PM

DL is a disproportionately old and stereotypically cranky bitter gay population. Gay men in the real world are not nearly as anti bisexual, especially young ones

by Anonymousreply 7September 19, 2018 7:32 PM

Why is OP a simpy generalizing idgit who continues to make inane suppositions with no facts or information?

Maybe THAT's why you can't get laid, OP.

by Anonymousreply 8September 19, 2018 7:46 PM

Seems we can't go a week without beating this topic to death.

by Anonymousreply 9September 19, 2018 8:03 PM

Truec

by Anonymousreply 10September 19, 2018 8:17 PM

I'm not anti-unicorn either.

by Anonymousreply 11September 19, 2018 8:18 PM

[quote]DL is a disproportionately old and stereotypically cranky bitter gay population. Gay men in the real world are not nearly as anti bisexual, especially young ones

Totally agree - DL is not the real world. Weird demographic ..

by Anonymousreply 12September 19, 2018 9:24 PM

[quot]Seems we can't go a week without beating this topic to death.

I agree - I guess a lot of people still have issues they want to talk about. I see lots of bisexual threads in DL's future.

by Anonymousreply 13September 19, 2018 9:27 PM

Why is the bisexual masc troll so obsessed with this subject when Dataloungers don't even talk about bi men most days?

Why is the bi masc troll's grammar so bad? And will it ever improve?

by Anonymousreply 14September 19, 2018 9:35 PM

[quote]When more bisexual men start living out of the closet full-time, they will get more respect from gay men who are out full-time.

This will never happen

by Anonymousreply 15September 19, 2018 9:49 PM

[quote]DL is a disproportionately old and stereotypically cranky bitter gay population.

That's why YOU're here

- leaving poisonous messages.

by Anonymousreply 16September 19, 2018 9:51 PM

I'm homosexual, I'm not attracted to bi or straight men.

by Anonymousreply 17September 19, 2018 10:20 PM

To R7s point, I had not heard any real anti-bi sentiment IRL, except maybe people sometimes doubting that someone was really bi (versus.a stop on the way to gay.)

On DL, however, it seems a number of men--seemingly from smaller, Flyoverstani towns--have had bad experiences with self-identifying bi men who use them for sex and occasionally friendship--and then dump them when they find a girlfriend. Or they freak when the DLer wants to get serious because the bi guy says they are just fuck buddies, that he's not into romantic relationships with guys.

That's what I've gleaned from around three years on this site.

by Anonymousreply 18September 19, 2018 10:32 PM

r18 - those are interesting reasons. I've also read a lot of bisexual thread over the years and I also base the following on what I've read and on my life experiences as an openly gay man now in my 60's.

I think that a lot of gay men are jealous that bi men can have it both ways. Even though thing are better now, it's still not great for gay men. The majority of the American population doesn't like gay men - they are tolerated at best. Parents hope their children aren't gay, and they hope their neighbors or coworkers aren't gay. Straight men are often openly hostile and straight women are condescending. Thankfully there are plenty of exceptions but homophobia is alive and well in the USA.

I think lots of gays have gay-voice or gay mannerisms and they can't really hide their homosexuality. And I think it's these gay men that have the most issues with bisexuals.

No I am not self loathing. I've had a good life as an open gay man. I live near San Francisco.

by Anonymousreply 19September 19, 2018 11:07 PM

^^ Sorry for all the typos.

by Anonymousreply 20September 19, 2018 11:12 PM

Yep, r20 is spot-on! Apparently a lot of DL men are very stereotypically gay older men, and they really resent not only bi men but also masculine younger gay men who fit in with mainstream society. It’s a resentment of those who can pass or be accepted by mainstream society that precipitated the animus.

by Anonymousreply 21September 19, 2018 11:15 PM

Any person should be cautious in judging others. As a 58-yr old male college-educated professional married 33 yr's, w/2 adult sons, and 4 grandchildren, I finally resolved w/myself that I am bi-sexual about 15 yrs ago. Not easy, by any means. I've gotten it on w/2 different guys and have had many, many challenges meeting others in a similar situation. I use this extremely elementary analogy - it's somewhat similar to liking both chocolate and strawberry ice cream and society's norms telling you - you have to choose one flavor for the rest of your life! I know - sounds ridiculously elementary, but basically true.

by Anonymousreply 22September 20, 2018 12:25 AM

r22 - not to be rude but are you responding to the r20 and r21 or are you making a new point? I agree bisexuality can be a difficult - you get animosity from both side. Good luck on making new friends.

by Anonymousreply 23September 20, 2018 12:33 AM

R23 - you certainly are not being rude. I was starting a new point, I guess. By no means, did I intend to be responding to R20 or R21.

by Anonymousreply 24September 20, 2018 12:39 AM

Thanks very much !! Best of luck !!

by Anonymousreply 25September 20, 2018 12:55 AM

So many fantasies. So many projections.

No facts.

by Anonymousreply 26September 20, 2018 1:30 AM

r26 You seem like a troll - that's a fact ..

by Anonymousreply 27September 20, 2018 1:49 AM

I think, for whatever reason, an awful lot of gay men have had really REALLY bad experiences with bisexuals. The ones I have known have been, for the most part, duplicitous and subversive and cruel. Some, I think, have been full-on sociopaths. Just a really bad "vibe" around them.

And, as others have noted, they have sure done ZERO for gays. They get their freak on and then go right back to their girlfriends and wives. The whole "best of both worlds" thing. Even with a clear understanding by the gay guy that it is only about the sex, the bisexuals (I have known) just give off a creepy or manipulative or "cold" vibe. Something is "off" about them. Not nice people. Users.

Of course, I am making gross and perhaps unfair generalizations but this seems to be the siren call of many gay men. There seems to be an odd sameness to these stories.

by Anonymousreply 28September 20, 2018 1:49 AM

When was the “b” added to the lineup alphabet soup?

by Anonymousreply 29September 20, 2018 1:52 AM

Because it makes them feel inferior

by Anonymousreply 30September 20, 2018 1:53 AM

Bisexuals have given absolutely nothing to the society, like *ever*. Well, let me correct myself: they've given plenty of STIs to those poor, deluded women they've been stringing along.

by Anonymousreply 31September 20, 2018 1:59 AM

Such insecurity

by Anonymousreply 32September 20, 2018 10:33 AM

I think it’s great that bisexuals have always had our backs, standing side by side with us in the fight to secure rights and protections and to overturn laws that punished homosexuals. History has demonstrated conclusively that there is nothing bisexual men won’t do to help their oppressed gay brethren. Now... if any of the preceding sentence were even slightly true, we’d all think bisexual men were great!

by Anonymousreply 33September 20, 2018 10:52 PM

This. Never. Happened.

by Anonymousreply 34September 20, 2018 10:58 PM

If ever there were another McCarthyite era, bisexual men would be first in the queue, turning gay men into the authorities.

by Anonymousreply 35September 21, 2018 8:25 AM

Don’t be such a flamboyant drama queen

by Anonymousreply 36September 21, 2018 11:16 AM

Don’t mistake DL as normally gay dudes

by Anonymousreply 37September 21, 2018 8:56 PM

OP, you're craving cock. Otherwise, you wouldn't be constantly spamming us with innumerable threads on how attractive we find some random Instaho. So, accept it, suck one or take it up the ass and move on. God, you have more issues than TV Guide.

by Anonymousreply 38September 21, 2018 9:12 PM

Maybe he only craves butt

by Anonymousreply 39September 21, 2018 9:32 PM

[quote]No I am not self loathing. I've had a good life as an open gay man. I live near San Francisco.

I love you, R19

(& I never write that here)

by Anonymousreply 40September 21, 2018 9:37 PM

OP, do you run to straight men and complain that they act like bi men don't exist, and they aren't more supportive and don't pay you enough attention?

I'd bet my 401K that you don't. In fact, I bet the idea has never even occurred to you!

by Anonymousreply 41September 21, 2018 11:15 PM

The existence of bisexual men ruins the fantasy of seducing a straight guy.

by Anonymousreply 42December 8, 2018 12:51 AM

Bump

by Anonymousreply 43December 8, 2018 10:43 AM

Depends on where they place on the Kinsey’s scale.

by Anonymousreply 44December 8, 2018 10:45 AM

r22, have you informed your wife about your newly discovered bisexuality? Are you still married? If yes, is she aware that you are having sex with other men (and women?) outside the marriage?

by Anonymousreply 45December 8, 2018 2:14 PM

Humans in general have no great love for the lukewarm & non committal on anything.

by Anonymousreply 46December 8, 2018 2:21 PM

Has nothing to do with their sexual orientation. It's their constant whining and grandiosity that is easily generalized. They've even reinvented themselves as "pansexual" when being bisexual isn't an interesting enough personality trait. That's how they treat it.

They also have a tendency to assume that everyone else is bisexual and exists on some sort of spectrum. It's incredibly arrogant and offputting as when straights think their orientation is the default setting.

by Anonymousreply 47December 8, 2018 2:33 PM

Silliest thing I’ve ever heard. Total frau nonsense. My three best fuck buds are bi men. They went from play time to best beds. All of them are awesome, funnny intelligent men. With me, they don’t have to hold back on anything because we realy can talk about anything. I’m the classic “straight acting gay man” who’s not the prissy self declare gold star gay. Nobody makes it complicated, just hot, messy and fun.

by Anonymousreply 48December 8, 2018 3:01 PM

"I’m the classic “straight acting gay man” who’s not the prissy self declare gold star gay."

Look at this queen.

by Anonymousreply 49December 8, 2018 3:16 PM

^^"Masc-bottom bro" loves the NSA bi's

by Anonymousreply 50December 8, 2018 3:17 PM

Top, Sorry girls Maybe that’s why you Real Housewife wannabes are lonely.

by Anonymousreply 51December 8, 2018 3:23 PM

It's sad that your relationship with the bisexuals is constructed around perceived heteronormativity. They're halfway straight in your mind, and as the "classic straight acting gay man who’s not prissy" of course you pine for their approval because it alleviates some of that internalized homophobia.

That's sad.

by Anonymousreply 52December 8, 2018 3:30 PM

How long did you yourself identify as bisexual instead of a "straight acting gay guy," I wonder...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 53December 8, 2018 3:35 PM

R53. I’d say from 1979 to 1984. When my last girlfriend seriusly stomped the fuck out of my heart. That was it. I never dated another woman.

by Anonymousreply 54December 8, 2018 3:58 PM

Oh, so you're just a bisexual with a hangup that chooses to be with men, calls yourself gay and "straight acting," while shitting on the rest of us who are actually gay. Lovely. Another win for the bisexuals. As you were.

by Anonymousreply 55December 8, 2018 4:06 PM

R52 You certainly jumped a whole bunch of squares on the board, didn’t you? Bi men like me because I don’t label or analyze them, I’m a top and bluntly - I meet their needs without playing Psych 101 games . What I’d expected to be a casual hookup or FB turned into FWBs. Just like you do with your gay friends, we relate on multiple levels.

I’ve found too many gay men seem to have this antipathy and anxiety about everyone else. Hey, I have mine too so I get it. But I don’t have any about bi men. It’s good. It’s not a date, it’s just a buddy situtation. I have no interest in anything other than whats happening. Zero. No romantic interest.

I enjoy your ability to sling bullshit while hiding behind your big Reader’s Digest words. You’re just uncomfortable with your own sexuality and gender. Go ahead, be a big girl. That’s up to you. I’m not. Don’t care that you are, and don’t care that you’re threatened by men who are comfortable and confident in their masculinity.

I’m not interested in why you’ve chosen to feminize. That’s your thing, and your choice.

by Anonymousreply 56December 8, 2018 4:07 PM

Gay men who told themselves and others that they were bi before coming out as gay believe bisexuality is a stage or a cover story.

by Anonymousreply 57December 8, 2018 4:12 PM

R56 "Bi men like you" because you yourself are bisexual, as you've admitted, and your homophobic tendencies I assume are easily digestible to the types of men you hang around with. You really do a disservice to the bisexual community.

I have no antipathy or anxiety about you or anyone else, I have insight into how you comport yourself and regard gay men from what you've told me. You seem anything but confident in your masculinity and project this on to others. This was evident from the moment you used the term "straight acting" while referring to yourself as a homosexual. That's a paradox. No gay man is "straight acting" because straightness is characterized by an exclusive attraction to the opposite sex.

by Anonymousreply 58December 8, 2018 4:14 PM

R57 That’s an interesting statement. That was certainly true for me. It isn’t true for the majority of Bi men I know who are sexually fluid as they assert.

by Anonymousreply 59December 8, 2018 4:16 PM

R57 makes a good point. Part of the reason for lingering skepticism about bisexual men is that many gay men have said and continue to say they are bi rather than gay. (Tom Daley: "I still fancy girls." Sure you do, hon.)

by Anonymousreply 60December 8, 2018 4:21 PM

R58 You seem more obsessed with this than is healthy. You have no actual “insight”, you simply project. One of the struggles we’ve overcome since the 1970s was that nobody could compel us into a sexual definition. Yet, DLers seem to believe they can assert a definition for someone’s sexuality if they’re not a “gold star gay”. That’s childish.

Your entire statement was post hoc ergo propter bordering on Alice in Wonderland’s Bookworm’s “the word means exactly what it means when I mean it”. By your sloppy logic, a gay man who was attracted to a woman - once - and has sex with her is no longer gay, he’s bisexual. How about a gay man who has sex with an FTM? Are they bi now since they’ve penetrated a vagina?

You lack coherent logic but youu also take on responsibility for defining other peoples lives that isn’t yours to decide. If a woman says she’s lesbian, she’s lesbian. You don’t get to argue that with her because she was (a) previously married to a man and had children or (b) was previously male and transitioned and is now lesbian

It’s really not up to you. As for what is straight-acting, I see no evidence you understand the basic term as infer it’s determined by penis in vagina sex . That disqualified you entirely from any conversation, and I suggest you ask an actual straight man what “straight acting” means.

by Anonymousreply 61December 8, 2018 4:24 PM

You're so very confused, R61. I don't do the whole gold star thing and know many late in life homosexuals. You however are not gay in any sense of the word, you're an imposter. We don't want you. No one is gay because their girlfriend "seriously stomped the fuck out of their heart" and then elects to be with men as a result. Passing yourself off as a "straight acting gay guy" in order to take swipes at actual homosexual men is especially bizarre given this. The only one not confident with their masculinity or sexuality is you. You are bisexual.

Even more bizarrely, you bring up gay men having sex with female-to-female trans individuals. Another paradox. Gay men are not interested in the female sex, period, testosterone and breast removal or not. You assert there is such thing as a male lesbian and that humans change sex. This is nonsense.

I reiterate-sort yourself out-you're not one of mine. You don't elect to be gay. You certainly don't say you are and then call gay men "prissy" for not being "straight acting" and do the whole "lesbian with a penis" bit. I'm embarrassed for you.

by Anonymousreply 62December 8, 2018 4:35 PM

"That disqualified you entirely from any conversation, and I suggest you ask an actual straight man what “straight acting” means."

I know what "straight acting" means. It's a homophobic term used by self loathing gay men, or in your case, bisexuals confused about what being gay actually is. There is no such thing as a gay man that "acts straight." This is your homophobic prejudice showing.

by Anonymousreply 63December 8, 2018 4:38 PM

They hate us because we can have it all!

by Anonymousreply 64December 8, 2018 4:40 PM

R61 is a perfect example of why bisexuals get the eye roll. They're fucking nuts. This guy thinks homosexuality is a choice he or anyone else can opt-in to. He thinks lesbians can be men. He wonders why gay people aren't having it.

by Anonymousreply 65December 8, 2018 4:45 PM

R65 Caitlyn Jenner. Trans, now identifying as Lesbian. From your inability to follow simple narrative threads we can establish you don't get laid. You're too busy clutching your purse.

by Anonymousreply 66December 8, 2018 5:59 PM

R66 Caitlyn Jenner, man, regardless of how he identifies. Use a dictionary if you're confused about what homosexuality is and isn't.

by Anonymousreply 67December 8, 2018 6:01 PM

R66 Again, you're assuming you have an authority over others. You don't. Nobody asked you or is interested in your opinion - except perhaps your other unfuckables.

by Anonymousreply 68December 8, 2018 6:07 PM

And you sound SERIOUSLY confused.

by Anonymousreply 69December 8, 2018 6:08 PM

R68 Knowing the meanings of words is not assuming authority over anything except the English language, I guess. A heterosexual man in a wig is not a lesbian. You are not a gay man because your girlfriend dumped your pathetic "straight acting" ass and now elect to sleep with men.

by Anonymousreply 70December 8, 2018 6:10 PM

Sort of a combo of R18 + R57

Bad experiences with bi guys who just want sex when it feels like there's a deeper connection there must leave the gay guy feeling like shit (R18) plus a lot of guys who use "bi" as a stop on the way to Gayville. (R57). And all the guys on apps who figured out that saying you're "bi" greatly increases your chances of getting laid.

I suspect there's a decent amount of frustration too at guys who don't have to deal with any of the shit that femme obvious gay guys do and who are regarded as more desirable by many in the gay community

by Anonymousreply 71December 8, 2018 6:11 PM

Probably because bisexuals are psychopaths/on the Cluster B spectrum, which would explain why so many gay men (and straight people) have had negative experiences with them. I find it hilarious how these "bisexuals" are constantly begging for our validation/acceptance but at the same time calling us sissies and jealous (typical psychopathic behavior...the gaslighting, lashing out after experiencing narcissistic injury, projection, manipulation, etc). The B clearly needs the G far more than we need you, which is why you're here begging us to accept you, but we're the jealous ones . What a joke.

by Anonymousreply 72December 8, 2018 6:24 PM

Men who claim to be bisexual tend to view gay men as expendable.

by Anonymousreply 73December 8, 2018 6:26 PM

Trans trolls on DL arguing that homosexuality doesn't objectively exist and that we proved it in the 70's

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 74December 8, 2018 6:30 PM

IMO I think many Gay men are hateful of Bi men, for the same reason dark skinned blacks always resented Hi Yellahs. Being born Gay is not a choice, it is a blessing, but it comes with it a lot of shit. Gay men resent Bi men that live a seemingly straight life, and at times, don't have to deal with societies shit. Of course, I cannot paint with too broad a brush, as I'm sure many gay men have NO animus towards Bi men.

And yes I believe many gay men tell themselves they are Bi, while they are really gay, but, so what? You have to live your own unique life, so make whatever choices you want and you think best.

BTW I do believe some men are totally bisexual, or omnisexual, and enjoy sex and relationships with everyone. Ok Flame away.

by Anonymousreply 75December 8, 2018 6:37 PM

I sometimes feel like the only bi woman in the world who isn’t an abusive psycho, as all the ones I’ve known or dated or befriended have turned out to be either disordered, unpleasant or lesphobic on some level. Some particularly nasty closeted ones even stalked and slandered me. The last one I encountered cut me off cold one morning out of the blue, because she realised she hadn’t told me that she had a kid and a husband of whom I was about to discover the existence. Insane. In my youth I was like catnip to batshit bi girls.

I prefer to hang out with lesbian or straight girls only now, where possible, because I know that way I can eliminate some major ugly drama down the line. I try not to lie by omission and always cop to bisexuality if someone asks me if I am, but given how awful most bi women tend to be in my experience and how bad our rep is I don’t advertise that I’m bi either. I just let people assume what they want and behave according to what that seems to be. It is duplicitous and I’m not proud of it, but as you’ve read I have my reasons.

As for bi men, I don’t know. I’ve never dated one and to be frank the thought doesn’t appeal. I’ve only ever been close with two openly bi guys, of whom one was a cheating narcissist womaniser who bullied me and the other a manboy still playing with Pokemon cards in College.

If I know someone is bi I just give a polite civil wide berth. Lesbians and gay guys are the ones I seek and are my favorite people, and straights are just ok (tbh I find the men are frequently either gross morons or creeps and the women often boring or conformist).

by Anonymousreply 76December 8, 2018 6:44 PM

R75 I can see your points. I think we are what we are and we enjoy what we enjoy. Some gay men are horribly insecure and have turned into neo-Trumpists when it comes to who's Gay or Bi. You can't be sufficiently Gay to prove it to them. You have show your papers or you're some kind of illegal alien they want to deport to Hetero-ixico.

You see how worked up they get. I haven't had sex with a woman since 1984, but the fact that I have at all makes me "Bi" and therefor a class enemy or some bullshit. This is partly why my straight friends find a lot of gay men childish, and my bi friends won't get near a lot of gay men.

That's not meant as a sweeping generalization. On the whole, gay men have come an astonishing distance. We're not the simping, effeminate "Boys in the Band" stereotypes we used to be. The small numbers who are easily threatened, for whatever their reasons don't represent most gay men who frankly don't give a fuck.

Nobody's really that interested in bedroom politics. More often than not, when someone gets so over the top about bi men, it's a woman trying to pretend she's a gay man but fails to fool anyone.

by Anonymousreply 77December 8, 2018 6:45 PM

R77 You're not gay you freaking weirdo. You said your girlfriend shattered your heart into a million pieces and now you just choose to be with men, not that you were late in life. Stop saying "we."

by Anonymousreply 78December 8, 2018 6:48 PM

R78 You really aren't very intelligent: in 1984. You intentionally create brackets around everyone's sexuality. How do you get through life? "I can't eat there because they have one thing I don't like, therefore I can't eat anything there". "I can't drive that way to work because they have an HOV2 lane from 6 am to 9am so I can't go that way ANYTIME".

Dumbass. Two years later, I met a man and we were together for more than 30 years. Your ignorance is really appalling. Perhaps when you emerge from your emotional puberty you'll have something useful to contribute.

by Anonymousreply 79December 8, 2018 6:52 PM

R76 This girl gets it.

by Anonymousreply 80December 8, 2018 6:53 PM

R79 How long you've been with a man since has no bearing on what your innate sexual orientation is. You're not gay. You were broken up with, you then got into a monogamous relationship with a man despite being attracted to both sexes. That's bisexuality, mate.

You also think a man who says he's a woman can be a lesbian, and that a man fucking a woman who says she's a man is gay. You're all over the place.

Words have meaning.

by Anonymousreply 81December 8, 2018 6:56 PM

r77 That woman left you in 1984 because she knew you had issues.

by Anonymousreply 82December 8, 2018 6:58 PM

R81 and R82 please explain how you established this as fact. You're both very entertaining in that you create nonsense from whole cloth - but it documents why gay men need to grow up and quit projecting their insecurities. You two Dr. Zachary Smiths are doing the Lord's Own Work here.

by Anonymousreply 83December 8, 2018 7:05 PM

R54 You said " when my last girlfriend stomped the fuck out of my heart". I 've never met a gay men who says that, it sounds like you think that being gay is an choice.

by Anonymousreply 84December 8, 2018 7:07 PM

R84 You've never had your heart broken, never had any form of life altering event in which you evaluated your mistakes? Ever? How old are you?

by Anonymousreply 85December 8, 2018 7:11 PM

He does! He's a homophobic bisexual that uses 'gay' inappropriately to promote his "straight acting" mantra and say that lesbians can have cocks. I'm over this delusional shit. This thread has done nothing to improve the image of bisexual men.

by Anonymousreply 86December 8, 2018 7:11 PM

A man with no sexual interest in other men is not bi. A man supposedly with a women and going with a man, well, he uses the term bi to assuage his guilt. He is gay.

by Anonymousreply 87December 8, 2018 7:17 PM

[R84] You've never had your heart broken, never had any form of life altering event in which you evaluated your mistakes? Ever? How old are you?

People don't 'turn gay' because their girlfriends, who they were madly in love with, broke their heart. Stop.

by Anonymousreply 88December 8, 2018 7:18 PM

R88 and again you demonstrate a complete inability to follow any of the normal forms of logic and fallacy. How old are you?

by Anonymousreply 89December 8, 2018 7:24 PM

R88 Old enough to know you're insane.

by Anonymousreply 90December 8, 2018 7:27 PM

**R89

by Anonymousreply 91December 8, 2018 7:27 PM

R90 Gosh, if only there was a word to describe someone who lacks empathy for others and yet manages to project their ideopathy as normative. Ponder, ponder.

by Anonymousreply 92December 8, 2018 7:28 PM

We're seriously using Caitlyn Jenner as an example? This is what it's come to?

by Anonymousreply 93December 8, 2018 7:30 PM

OP : because bisexuals men (and women) are unreliable and by the way, they often are in the closet, they end up with a woman, children and all the "comedy"to be accepted by the society....

by Anonymousreply 94December 8, 2018 7:30 PM

Because they're gay.

by Anonymousreply 95December 8, 2018 7:32 PM

R85 Yes, but i have never thought about starting to date girls just because a guy broke my heart.

by Anonymousreply 96December 8, 2018 7:33 PM

R96 And, you got it backwards and factually misstated by imputing facts not in evidence. I dated a girl. I never said I hadn't dated guys before her. You made that assumption. You appear to have added a great deal of hostility, Is that an accurate statement?

by Anonymousreply 97December 8, 2018 7:34 PM

R92 I do have empathy for you. I know you're mentally unwell and I feel your frustration since what has been said to you by multiple people obviously isn't registering.

Homosexuality is not a choice and it never involves members of the opposite sex. Duh. Your situation is not one of a late-in-life homosexual, yet you seem to be hiding behind them as if that was ever in dispute.

You lack empathy for the gay men you're impersonating and then vilifying with your homophobic "straight acting" bit, as well as the lesbians you've mocked by saying heterosexual men can be lesbians if they say they are-like you've chosen to say you're a "classic straight acting gay" despite being attracted to both sexes. This is a gay website.

by Anonymousreply 98December 8, 2018 7:39 PM

I am more concerned about the guys who say they are gay but the world refuses to believe it. Like Aron Hernandez. The way some people argue about him being BI just because he had a kid with some woman is ridiculous. He was so deep in the closet he killed for it.

by Anonymousreply 99December 8, 2018 7:41 PM

[R96] You DATING MEN *BEFORE* the love of your life, who was a woman, indicates that you weren't repressing any homosexual desires. Only men exclusively attracted to men are gay.

by Anonymousreply 100December 8, 2018 7:42 PM

**R97

by Anonymousreply 101December 8, 2018 7:43 PM

R92 Again, you like to project an image of knowledge you don't have. You're mildly entertaining, because I know the game. I get it everyday in sales negotiations where the idea is for someone to put you off your game to gain an advantage. In your case, you think hostility gains you an advantage, when it just illustrates your own APD issues. Had you engage in therapy, you'd be a happier person today and you wouldn't be so desperate to convince others they're wrong about their personal histories and experiences.

You have a remarkable hostility to other people who don't agree with you. That's something you should consider exploring with a therapist to uncover why you need to be in control of other people. Everything you wrote about vilifying and mocking? That's your playbook.

Go get the help you need. Cognitive therapy takes a long time but is generally help in reducing antisocial personality disorder. Best of luck to you.

by Anonymousreply 102December 8, 2018 7:45 PM

Bisexuals are gay who don't assume. Between the closet, the wives and children, the social life etc...they can't really be full field, they don't stand a chance.

by Anonymousreply 103December 8, 2018 7:45 PM

Delusional folks often perceive the truth being told to them as hostility.

by Anonymousreply 104December 8, 2018 7:52 PM

When the "love of your life" is a woman, even when the love story is over, you don't change your sexual orientation. You are and you stay straight.

by Anonymousreply 105December 8, 2018 7:58 PM

R104 So when a Klansman tells his "truth" to an African American and isn't believed, who's at fault? Perhaps the problem here is you never took a single collect class in philosophy so you failed the first challenge at ethical framing.

by Anonymousreply 106December 8, 2018 7:59 PM

R97 That's what you wrote or tried to imply.

by Anonymousreply 107December 8, 2018 8:02 PM

R106 Look Clayton Bigsby, you're not gay. This is not up for debate. You don't even know what gay means.

You think lesbians have penises.

by Anonymousreply 108December 8, 2018 8:02 PM

R105 How silly of me. You'll project endlessly because you need to control the narrative, so you're going to write the ending and then rewrite everything else to suit your predetermined ending. Nope. Totally gay. That was the love of my life up until 1984. You have a remarkably rigid mind.

Reminds me of this horrid boy who kept pursing me on Grindr. Convinced himself he'd get into my bed. It would never happen. It was a "boil your bunny" stalker if ever I saw one. A couple of years later, sure as hell - he's hooking up with a friend of ours and trying to convince us it's a relationship. Nah, he's just a mouth. He wants to project this image of confidence but he's an emotional mess. He has sex in the bathroom at bars and then a complete meltdown claiming his uber didn't pick him up. It's just his way of manipulating people.

Several of us won't get near him. We see right through him.

It's the same with you anti-Bi types. It's totally cool that you personally don't want to date a Bi guy. It's not cool that create a sweeping generalization that you turn into frau drama (and, yeah - most of you are women, not men) who engage in your typical piling on hostility which is consistent with every DL frau thread. You can never admit you're wrong, because well -you're fraus. This is one of the highlights of a frau thread.

Anybody who spends any time on DL knows that a thread about Bi men knows this a toxic issue because fraus are hyper threatened that Bi men are going to dump them for another guy. So, here's what happens. Some of you demonstrate more than a little APD. That's your issue to deal with, not mine.

You don't get a veto over my life and we don't have a Union of Gay men who own the branding of who's gay, bi or not. At my age and my experience I'd love to know who you are so I can ensure I don't accidentally fuck you. That would be awkward. Since you're fraus, that's a guarantee I won't. I haven't accidentally tripped and had my dick fall into a vagina in a really long time. I get that you're envious that I've had a much more adventurous sex life than you and I'm sorry you have such anxiety about your men.

That's too bad. It's not the bi men that are the cause for your anxiety. It's you.

by Anonymousreply 109December 8, 2018 8:12 PM

I'm not bi, but am "married" to one. The Bi guy upthread is right, one of the reasons bi guys hook up with other masculine gays is because we have more in common. I wouldn't call myself straight acting, that's an old term eldergays use. Masculinity has no relation with sexual orientation. It is true, as far as I'm concerned that femme gays loath bi men because they usually hook up on the DL but won't acknowledge them in public. It's way more common to see bi guys acknowledging a masculine gay guy as a friend or lover, that's my experience. My experience tells me also that usually its the effeminate gays that hate bi men more often.

by Anonymousreply 110December 8, 2018 8:13 PM

These are the ravings of a lunatic, R109. Everyone can see it but you. I got scared at the non sequitur that started on paragraph 2.

by Anonymousreply 111December 8, 2018 8:16 PM

Elder gays do not use the term "straight acting," R110. We hate it.

by Anonymousreply 112December 8, 2018 8:17 PM

R112 And when was this legendary national vote?

by Anonymousreply 113December 8, 2018 8:18 PM

Well I don't know anyone under 30 that uses this term. I thought it was a very outdated term just like heteronormative, which is homophobic in nature, assuming everyone who's masculine is heterosexual. No one under 30 uses this terms anymore. If ever.

by Anonymousreply 114December 8, 2018 8:20 PM

R144 I'm certainly not under 30, nor do I care what under 30s concern themselves with.

by Anonymousreply 115December 8, 2018 8:21 PM

That is not what heteronormativity means.

by Anonymousreply 116December 8, 2018 8:21 PM

Kids these days.

by Anonymousreply 117December 8, 2018 8:22 PM

As soon as it went into Queer Theory I got bored. Yet, most of the guys who are interested in me are under 30 who like .. masculine daddy tops. So your rejection of heteronormativity seems to be creating a generation of horny daddy seeking bottoms. Thank you!

by Anonymousreply 118December 8, 2018 8:24 PM

I know all the religious babble of heteronormativity and patriarchy blah blah blah. Most people of my generation associate this boring discourse of heteronormativity with gender roles and demeanor. Blame gender theorists and their fascist interpretation of reality blaming masculinity for all the evil on the planet. There's a reason newer generations are against labels, it has a lot to do with that. Only crazies idolize Butler and her ilk.

by Anonymousreply 119December 8, 2018 8:26 PM

I don’t know any bisexuals in real life. Are they all this thirsty for attention?

by Anonymousreply 120December 8, 2018 8:38 PM

Probably because men don't go around announcing their sexuality. When a guy wants to get with a guy, he says he is bi. He is Just a guy gay and not dealing with it.

by Anonymousreply 121December 8, 2018 8:39 PM

R121 That never happens to me. Maybe to somebody else. If a man wants me to fuck him, he just tells me up front. Actual men don't play silly ass games like that. I get 10-15 guys a day, both gay and bi who ask me to fuck them . Here's what it looks like:

"Hi. Horny? Want to fuck?"

by Anonymousreply 122December 8, 2018 8:41 PM

R120 Yes. They're like straight men but far less interesting as a whole and more prone to mental illness. When they don't get the attention they seek they pretend it's them that are the disinterested party or that it's only feminine men that can't stand them.

by Anonymousreply 123December 8, 2018 8:46 PM

I know my partner and the friends I've made once we became a serious item. They're great people and are drama free. They're not gays pretending to be bi, they enjoy and fuck women too because they like it. Most of them prefer masculine men to date, but my boyfriend's best friend only dates femme guys, but he picks the ones that are not over flamboyant and those with something in common with our group, we play psychedelic rock in our spare time. I think he wants to get serious with a very flamboyant gay but he's afraid to admit it, though.

by Anonymousreply 124December 8, 2018 8:49 PM

R120 Just ignore the fraus and the femmes. They're desperate and angry.

by Anonymousreply 125December 8, 2018 8:49 PM

^Homophobic bisexual pretending to be gay.

by Anonymousreply 126December 8, 2018 8:50 PM

Fuck you R126 I'm neither homophobic nor a bi pretending to be gay. Whatever you must be 50 or a jealous queen. I was describing my experience and how the bisexual people I know act. I don't care what you think of me.

by Anonymousreply 127December 8, 2018 8:53 PM

^Not the homophobic bisexual pretending to be gay from before, apparently, but still a dickhead.

by Anonymousreply 128December 8, 2018 8:54 PM

R125 "Ignore the femmes" like you know anyone's mannerisms over the internet here. Insecure about your own limp wrists are ya?

by Anonymousreply 129December 8, 2018 8:57 PM

Bisexuals can fall in love and can have their heart broken by men and women, that's what bisexuality is all about. How difficult is it to understand that?

by Anonymousreply 130December 8, 2018 9:00 PM

OP, I'm not against bisexual men. I just think bisexual men and women should date each other. Bisexual is different from gay.

by Anonymousreply 131December 8, 2018 9:27 PM

I thought the Eldergay term for the-opposite-of-effeminate was "butch"

I'm pretty sure I learned that on DL too.

by Anonymousreply 132December 8, 2018 11:19 PM

R60 And how do you know they are really gay? There is a surprizing tendency which I noticed in the celebrity threads here and also irl, if a man says he is bisexual or queer (anything really that suggests being neither straight nor gay) but he has a long term boyfriend or seems to have dated men recently, people rush to say he is gay. As if they think if he were really bisexual he would have chosen a woman. Which makes no logical sense.

by Anonymousreply 133December 9, 2018 12:53 AM

R65 I'm neither that guy nor I agree with him on all his points, but there is something that's really, really hard for a bisexual person to grasp.

Monosexuality,

A lot of us just don't get it. Intellectually, yes. But it's so hard to relate to people who think genitals define attraction when for you a person's sex means no more than hair color or height, it's just one more physical trait their body can be described with. I often think that despite the LGBT thing straights and gays actually have more in common sexuality-wise.

by Anonymousreply 134December 9, 2018 1:05 AM

R71 The funny thing is that some bi guys are very femme yet truly bisexual, with fully realized sexual and romantic attraction to females.

by Anonymousreply 135December 9, 2018 1:13 AM

R135 true but I don't think that's surprising

I mean how many feminine women are bisexual and date women?

by Anonymousreply 136December 9, 2018 1:15 AM

Actually I knew this guy who was very flirty and slept around a lot, he was like 70/30 bi, more into girls but also into guys quite regularly, and DL would have called him the girliest bitch queen ever. One thing he did not have was the gay voice, he had a low voice that was a contrast to his boyish looks, very sexily. He liked nonfeminine women, so when he dated one, people often assumed they were a gay and a tomboy lesbian friends.

by Anonymousreply 137December 9, 2018 1:18 AM

Please! “Bisexual” men are just closeted gay men that have sex with women (why? i’ll never know...to convince themselves they’re not totally gay? to convince themselves they’re masc? to convince society they’re not gay? to get married and have kids?)

by Anonymousreply 138December 9, 2018 1:24 AM

R138 sure keep telling yourself that

I LOVE fucking women, the feeling of my dick in her pussy, eating out women and the smell of good CLEAN pussy

Also NO porn makes me cum quicker than "lesbian" porn, I love that shit!

And I LOVE sucking dick and hooking up with dudes too because I'm... BISEXUAL

by Anonymousreply 139December 9, 2018 1:28 AM

Jesus Christ. I can't believe the nonsense in this thread. As someone who has worked in public health bisexuality is real. Some men can go equally on both sides some bi men are located somewhere on the Kinsey scale be it a 3 or 7.

All you assholes stating they are just gay-fuck off. Until you know them personally and have studied sexuality just be quiet.

Are there men that struggle with sexuality? Of course. Are there mem that lie to themselves for various reasons? Sure! Are their men who are JUST bicurious and have no actual contact with men? Yes.

For fucks sake stop trying to put people in a box.

by Anonymousreply 140December 9, 2018 1:34 AM

R131 Different how? If we are talking about an exclusive relationship.

by Anonymousreply 141December 9, 2018 1:43 AM

R149 yep it gets complicated because we can only define sexuality through self-identification and a lot of people are not honest to themselves about their own sexuality or have other issues clouding their self-assessment. I found that a lot of bisexual people seem to be very confused about the duality of their attraction. It's like they really wanted to define themselves with a single factor concept and got frustrated when they couldn't. Sometimes it's about gender stereotypes in sex. I knew a guy who started as straight, then came out as bisexual, then said he was gay, and only recently admitted he was bisexual all along but also liked to be submissive in bed, and it brought him to the idea he could only be a gay bottom because "women are all bottoms" or some outdated crap like that. Basically he dated soft traditionally femme girls and ended up dissatisfied with their sex life and so he thought he was gay.

by Anonymousreply 142December 9, 2018 1:49 AM

R125 Ah ya swish, like you'd know who's gay or bisexual? Run back to your knitting.

by Anonymousreply 143December 9, 2018 2:23 AM

R134 Yes, both homosexuals and heterosexuals are exclusively attracted to one sex class. We know there are myriad differences between the sexes besides the genitals. We're not idiots

by Anonymousreply 144December 9, 2018 2:59 AM

R144 Except there aren't. Some hormonal levels, some stuff like typical fat distribution and facial hair. Some social stereotypes that are nurture not nature. That's it.

by Anonymousreply 145December 9, 2018 3:07 AM

There are over 6,500 different genetic expression between males and females and we're continuing to find more, R145. It's never too late to go back to school and enroll in a basic Anatomy & Physiology course where the basics of sexual dimorphism is taught.

by Anonymousreply 146December 9, 2018 3:15 AM

R146 Ok, that was totally cool AF

by Anonymousreply 147December 9, 2018 4:48 AM

So basically one side hears, "I am vegetarian but I still eat meat." and the other side hears, "You can't call yourself a vegan unless you retch at even the smell of cooked animal flesh."

What I find interesting is that people assume that's it's only the gay side. I have heard from many straight people who believe that any man who has sex with a transwoman cannot be straight. And have heard bisexuals who hear "Gay but still attracted to women" and call them ABB, anything but bisexual.

by Anonymousreply 148December 9, 2018 7:41 AM

R148 What is your point? A man who has sex with a man, even with breast enhancements and extensions, is not straight. Sexual orientation and the human species is very straightforward.

Roleplaying that this is a cat does not mean you're engaging in bestiality. It's a facade.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 149December 9, 2018 7:56 AM

It's always bisexuals pushing this "woman with penises, man with a vagina" nonsense.

by Anonymousreply 150December 9, 2018 7:58 AM

R146 Except you aren't even aware of the factual definition of sexual dimorphism which is obvious from your references. Throwing a few big words together doesn't make it a point.

by Anonymousreply 151December 9, 2018 8:47 AM

R148 because you cannot be a vegetarian and eat meat. Those two conditions are mutually exclusive. Any sort of attraction beyond 100% exclusively aimed at one sex means nonbinary sexuality, be it bi, pan, fluid, queer, whatever you like.

Now there is a different point. Does monosexuality even exist as a permanent condition instead of a temporary one? How can you be sure that you will never ever experience attraction to some group of people based only on the fact you have not done so before? The only moment of time when you can say with absolute surety that you have never sexually and romantically wanted a person of the certain sex is on your deathbed. When you have no future and thus no possibilities. Otherwise, you just never know. It is not possible to know for sure.

by Anonymousreply 152December 9, 2018 8:52 AM

R151 There's this term for someone so profoundly stupid they are unaware of how unintelligent they are, thus assuming everyone else is an imbecile. Called the Dunning–Kruger effect, I think.

Humans are sexually dimorphic. The genes that code for these physical differences are the ones I referenced. Please stop wasting my time.

by Anonymousreply 153December 9, 2018 8:53 AM

Bisexual dirtbag: Is MoNoSeXuALiTy eVen rEal? hOw dO yoU kNoW yOu dOnT lIkE pUsssY iF yOuvE nEvEr tRiEd IT?

THIS is why no one can stand you.

by Anonymousreply 154December 9, 2018 8:57 AM

R153 Stop replying to me then lol. And get rid of this habit of throwing a bunch of big words together hoping your opponent doesn't know what they mean. It only works with fools.

by Anonymousreply 155December 9, 2018 9:01 AM

R152 Substitutes homosexuality with "monosexuality" in order to say it's a phase. This is a gay website. Take your homophobic ass back to where it came from. Bisexuals are a plague.

by Anonymousreply 156December 9, 2018 9:02 AM

R164 Nah "tried" doesn't work. That's the biggest mistake gay-leaning bi guys make. They wonder whether they are gay and they try to test it by fucking the first girl they meet who isn't repulsive. Of course it doesn't work. She is not sexually attractive to them to begin with.

And why do they think it should have worked? If a 50/50 bisexual person tries to have sex with a random person they aren't attracted to, it won't work either. If a gay guy tries to have sex with a random guy he doesn't find hot at all, it won't work. Sexuality doesn't work that way.

by Anonymousreply 157December 9, 2018 9:05 AM

R156 Let's count the times an average bisexual person hears that it's a phase and they will pick a side earlier or later.

by Anonymousreply 158December 9, 2018 9:10 AM

R158 Don't care. Bisexuals then turn it on gay people like you just did.

by Anonymousreply 159December 9, 2018 9:11 AM

R159 You are the one who made it about gay people whereas monosexuality applies to both heterosexuality and homosexuality equally.

by Anonymousreply 160December 9, 2018 9:13 AM

Neither heterosexuality nor homosexuality are phases. Your homophobia showing.

by Anonymousreply 161December 9, 2018 9:21 AM

I am gay and I think part of the bias against bi people is specific to gay people, and part is less specific.

Less specific: The ‘otherness’ bigotry. Just like some straight people automatically hate gay people because we are different and something that they can’t compute, they believe it is a choice, and it’s a choice they resent and oppose. In the same vein, this is where human nature reveals itself to be universal: we know that being gay is not a choice because it’s our nature. We know being straight is not a choice because most people are straight by default. We don’t accept that some people may be oriented in both directions because we’re not, plain and simple.

Specific to gay people: A few things. First, many of us have known gay people and have witnessed celebrities who ease into coming out by saying they are bisexual—yet after that, they only have same-sex associations, and so that builds an assumption that people who say they are bi are just gay and in denial. Many people who once came out as bi eventually say, ‘I’m gay; I just couldn’t admit it until now.’” That compounds the assumption. And then there’s an idea of competition or dilution of the gay-rights movement—pay attention to us specifically, not to *all* of us who are different! And then there’s a competitive idea of wanting people who are into the same sex being exclusively into the same sex, because it’s disappointing, for example, to be into a guy who turns out to be into a girl...and then later into a guy. It’s more difficult to define, and people do like to put things into well-defined categories to make sense of the world.

Ultimately, I think that people who are part of the majority and mainstream tend to condemn people who are not. When gay people are oppressed, we are more open minded and accepting because there is a more limited pool of people with whom to associate. When black people are oppressed, same thing. When women are oppressed, same thing. Once anyone’s group is generally accepted as ‘normal,’ then people within that group are free to hate others who they determine to be abnormal. White-majority people always felt black people should be “normal”—meaning that they should behave and dress and speak like white people. Straight people felt gay people should be “normal”—wear the uniform, play the team sports, marry, have kids, etc. Gay people still feel bi people should be “normal” gay people. You’d think by now, and of all people, gay people would just accept others exactly as those people feel themselves to be and express themselves, but that’s not human nature. If you’re a freak, then you are not as judgmental of others who don’t fit easily into a category. If you’re maintreamed, then you can’t resist judging others by your standard of normal.

by Anonymousreply 162December 9, 2018 9:48 AM

R72 Nails it. Cluster B and persecution complexes rampant in the bisexual population. Gay people don't want to be involved in their drama. In relationships they often want "open" status or want you to engage in heterosexual intercourse, which is itself a form of psychological abuse that they don't recognize.

by Anonymousreply 163December 9, 2018 10:01 AM

R163 If you’re applying personality disorders broadly to subpopulations, would you say that narcissistic personality disorder is rampant among gay men? And/or body dysmorphia? I am gay, and from what I see among gay men (and admitting this about myself), I feel that these are omnipresent—at least one of these applies to every gay man I have ever known. It’s really telling that #instagay became a designator primarily of guys showing off as much of their naked bodies as is allowed on Instagram.

If we’re going to pigeonhole entire subpopulations of people this way, then it’s only fair to be honest about ourselves. Grindr and Scruff as objective views into gay mens’ psyches: the majority I see in any city to which I travel is gay guys showing off their worked out bodies in endless photos and reducing other men to their list of demands: be hot, be fatless, be muscular, be white, have a big dick, be a top, no fats, no fems, no asians, and if you don’t meet these demands, then please go be straight because we don’t want you. The “hottest” guys who check off the “musts” are the most narcissistic and held in the highest regard by gay peers.

by Anonymousreply 164December 9, 2018 10:14 AM

#instagay exhibit A.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 165December 9, 2018 10:15 AM

#instagay exhibit B

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 166December 9, 2018 10:16 AM

#instagay exhibit 3.

I see so many narcissists online who I think really nust desperately want to be fucked by themselves and who see presenting as gay as a way to justify their gratuitous self-lust.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 167December 9, 2018 10:19 AM

Oh and if we are dissecting groups of people based on their conspicuous deplorable behaviors, who wants to talk about gay men who only associate with other gay men who pass the gay version of the paper-bag test? “You must look EXACTLY LIKE ME to sit with me.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 168December 9, 2018 10:23 AM

R164 "Grindr and Scruff as objective views into gay mens’ psyches:"

Oh cute. A gay man that learned what being gay was all about on scruff and grindr and who signs his posts "Gay men are pathological narcissists." What you fail to realize, young sir, is that in all your disparagement of the gay population you yourself fall into a category of vain and superficial homosexual men that despise other gay men because they do not model themselves after you. You're a hypocrite.

I can tell you, you feeling the need to write "not into the scene, straight acting" on your grindr profile as you undoubtedly have is at least as much of a cliche as any of the things you've mentioned.

You entered this thread self-flagellating about gay men's treatment of bisexuals-- even writing extensively about an imagined trope where we deny bisexuality exists. Meanwhile, a bisexual male three posts above yours was the one insisting homosexuality is a phase. Yet not a word on that. You have a lot of growing to do. Your hangups will not serve you well in life.

by Anonymousreply 169December 9, 2018 10:33 AM

No need to make whole dish ; when you read, on another thread, "gay men always dated and married women, nothing new!" , well I think the "others" can do what they like...

by Anonymousreply 170December 9, 2018 10:34 AM

R169 A few things...

1. I did not exempt myself from those observations. I do think that if we gay men are going to go in on bisexual men and any women and allege generalities about them, then we should be abke to admit them about ourselves.

2. I’m 40 now, and so not exactly young.

3. Strange (and wrong) to assume that I have ever referred to myself as “straight acting.” I’m...very gay. Half the people on the phone call me ma’am. (Someone once told me I sound like a menopausal woman.) Home videos of me at age five reveal obviously gay mannerisms. So no, I have never had any illusions that I am straight acting. And I certainly have in the recent past been as self-absorbed and body image-obsessed as I describe above, which I do believe is a broadly applicable stereotype of gay men. I don’t prize “straight acting,” though, as any sort of prize and in all honesty—to the contrary of a disturbing share of gay men—I am drawn more to gay-acting gay guys than to straight-acting ones.

by Anonymousreply 171December 9, 2018 10:44 AM

R171 How many bisexuals have you dated?

by Anonymousreply 172December 9, 2018 10:48 AM

R172 Zero. But I’ve only dated a slight few gay guys. All of us have had hangups to greater or lesser degrees.

I’m sorry I don’t specifically hate bisexual people? I just think human beings in general are very messy and mostly miserable, and it becomes more apparent the better you get to know them.

“Normal,” typical, average, inside-the-box straight people are equally fucked up. They have multiple personalities, presenting as Ozzie and Harriet publicly, using strapons privately, and then fucking around when the cat’s away. We only see it when political scandals out people who we assume to be aberrant, but I think they are pretty typical. Everyone who has secrets and everyone who has some kind of past traumas and everyone who abides publicly by rules of polite society has psychological issues.

by Anonymousreply 173December 9, 2018 10:56 AM

R173 Mhm, mhm. The grass is always greener until you get involved with one. Only then do you come to realize how lucky you are to be gay and how normal we are in comparison. Good luck to you.

by Anonymousreply 174December 9, 2018 11:03 AM

Haha R174 I hope I am not normal by comparison. I’ve got *lots* of issues (the reason I haven’t been in many relationships...it’s not really fair to expect others to live with my insecurities).

by Anonymousreply 175December 9, 2018 11:11 AM

C’mon guys stop in-fighting! Can’t we all just agree the real villains are the “queers” and extremist trans-ideologues who want to “queer” homosexuality (especially lesbianism) and bisexuality, both as concepts and reality, into logically contorted meaningless mush in order to serve their sociopolitical aims and dogma

by Anonymousreply 176December 9, 2018 11:19 AM

R176 #instagay

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 177December 9, 2018 11:26 AM

R141, any bisexual man I've ever been with is very happy to be serviced, not so interested in giving any pleasure back.

For instance, you'll never get a better rimming than one you get from a gay man. And a bisexual man will never rim you. Just sayin'.

There's a difference. Nobody loves a man's body like a gay man. Period.

by Anonymousreply 178December 9, 2018 6:02 PM

R131 I've had some like that. Some are the opposite end of the spectrum. It may be a distinction in want of a difference in that I'm a dom or service top depending on who I'm with and some guys either want to give as much as they get, others want their needs to be taken care of. Out of 3 bi men I currently see, 1 absolutely will not rim at all or blow without a condom. The other two - they're 100% down for everything and one is pretty heavy on the kink side. I think you're pretty spot on about the level of attention they get from a gay man, though.

by Anonymousreply 179December 9, 2018 6:17 PM

R169 This imagined trope appears in this imagined thread every 10 posts or so.

by Anonymousreply 180December 9, 2018 8:10 PM

R161 Quote me on saying it's a phase or fuck off.

by Anonymousreply 181December 9, 2018 8:10 PM

(R109) = High profile...very agressive person for someone who "have had much more adventurous sex life than anyone" and by the way, a "supposed gay man" proud of having fucked many women, what happened to this world?!

by Anonymousreply 182December 9, 2018 9:41 PM

R181

R152:

"Now there is a different point. Does monosexuality even exist as a permanent condition instead of a temporary one? How can you be sure that you will never ever experience attraction to some group of people based only on the fact you have not done so before? The only moment of time when you can say with absolute surety that you have never sexually and romantically wanted a person of the certain sex is on your deathbed. When you have no future and thus no possibilities. Otherwise, you just never know. It is not possible to know for sure."

Are you so stupid that don't realize what you've said?

by Anonymousreply 183December 9, 2018 9:55 PM

R183 You should test your ability to understand what you are reading before you question other people's intellectual capabilities. Never in that quote I'm saying anything about a phase as the term stereotypically applied to sexuality.

Although this is a typical point of comprehension between binary and nonbinary views; the first one perceives the very idea as a threat to sexuality somehow. Even the straight side which was never oppressed for it.

Think about it in an abstract way. You can say, I absolutely reject the theory, because a theory is singular. But sexuality is based on human interaction and perception of other humans. Every new human you come across is able to challenge your idea of attraction simply because they provide a new and different experience. All sorts of extrapolation are based on the limited sum of past experiences.

by Anonymousreply 184December 9, 2018 10:08 PM

You are completely insane. End of discussion.

by Anonymousreply 185December 9, 2018 10:29 PM

You forgot to tell me to pick a lane.

by Anonymousreply 186December 9, 2018 10:30 PM

"All sorts of extrapolation are based on the limited sum of past experiences."

A little tip. When you use an online thesaurus to enhance a statement, you need to make sure the sentence actually makes sense. A scientist extrapolates information from a set of a data, a layperson infers or assumes.

"Every new human you come across is able to challenge your idea of attraction simply because they provide a new and different experience."

No.

by Anonymousreply 187December 9, 2018 10:52 PM

R182. More of your slippery slope assumptions? It really wouldn’t matter how many women I’ve had sex with, because according to you and your other femme, self-loathing, anti-sex - any man who’s had sex with a woman, even once is straight. You’ve invented a Kinsey Scale that’s only 0 or 5.

You enjoy your lurid fantasies about my sex life, though. I’ll post pictures of my cock and help you stroke one out in your lonely hell of a self imposed sexual emotional jail.

by Anonymousreply 188December 9, 2018 10:55 PM

It's not about sexual experience it is about sexual attraction. You can be bisexual while being a complete virgin.

by Anonymousreply 189December 9, 2018 10:57 PM

R197 How do you manage to deny the existence of nonbinary sexuality while also being threatened by the mere idea of it?

by Anonymousreply 190December 9, 2018 11:02 PM

R190 I've figured out since your last post that you are a 16 year old trans identified female, which I suspected early on.

Please stop infiltrating these forums for gay men and women. Thank you.

by Anonymousreply 191December 9, 2018 11:07 PM

That was unimaginative.

by Anonymousreply 192December 9, 2018 11:08 PM

I mean it, Aiden.

"Monosexuality" as a "temporary condition"

"Women with penises"/"Men that have sex with men with vaginas"

"Nonbinary views"

I know the trans lingo. You need to find a hobby. You will find no acceptance here.

by Anonymousreply 193December 9, 2018 11:13 PM

That's at least 2 different people. Maybe more. Quit assuming everyone who disagrees with you is a hivemind.

by Anonymousreply 194December 9, 2018 11:17 PM

Aiden. I said stop.

by Anonymousreply 195December 9, 2018 11:30 PM

That entity you are talking to is in the mirror dude, not on dl.

by Anonymousreply 196December 9, 2018 11:52 PM

Do you want me to call you "dude" back to affirm your gender identity? I know lots of Aidens like you that act aggressive online for this reason.

by Anonymousreply 197December 9, 2018 11:57 PM

This thread is a fucking boring disaster because of a few deeply self-absorbed morons. There's just no other way to describe it.

by Anonymousreply 198December 10, 2018 11:12 AM

R198 That's bisexuals for you.

by Anonymousreply 199December 10, 2018 11:14 AM

OP asks "why?".

Because of shit like this, OP, that's why.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 200December 10, 2018 12:05 PM

So sad crazies took on this thread. I've mostly dated bi men in my life, totally by chance. I'm a masculine gay guy but I've known of more femme guys also in relationships with bisexual men too, it's less common but it does happen. This idea that bi men are selfish and won't service others, is not at all my experience. I've had serious relationships with them, both monogamous and open and they were both great. My former boyfriends would gladly rim me for hours and loved the touch of another men, the beard, the cock. Some, not all, did have a problem sucking cock, but they loved jerking me off and fucking a guy with a hard dick.

Sorry to be explicit but my point is to show that maybe some random hook up will get you selfish bi men who couldn't care less about you, or maybe you make yourself devalued, a lot of gays put themselves into submissive positions to serve the "alpha male" in a similar behavior lots of women with no self esteem do. If you value yourself and know how to play this game, the response will be more positive. I never had problems with my bisexual lovers, they loved taking care of my needs and I loved to reciprocate as well.

by Anonymousreply 201December 11, 2018 8:14 AM

LOL what some of you old hasqueens don’t realise is that many gay men have pretended to be inexperienced bis in order to not have to suck your ugly or soap-challenged dicks

by Anonymousreply 202December 11, 2018 9:44 AM

R202 This... isn't a thing.

by Anonymousreply 203December 11, 2018 10:14 AM

Bisexual men have shown through their words and actions how they view gay men, and it has not been favourable. What I find hilarious is that when gay men acknowledge this and choose the prudent path of only dating other gay men then they are accused of biphobia and branded as bigots. Meanwhile, of course, none of this applies to bisexual men who allowed to express their preference for only dating women or other bisexuals. It's this weird "we don't want you but how dare you not want us" thing going on.

by Anonymousreply 204December 15, 2018 12:39 AM

(R188) You should calm down, your unhinged is showing...

by Anonymousreply 205December 15, 2018 10:20 AM

R204 Correct

by Anonymousreply 206December 15, 2018 12:15 PM

r109

i like you. i'm sorry someone broke your heart back in the day but you made a good point that other people cannot define for you/deny you/impose on you your sexual/romantic orientation. like thy cannot do that to me. or anyone other than themselves.

by Anonymousreply 207December 15, 2018 1:12 PM

and r189

you are almost too sane for this board. :*

by Anonymousreply 208December 15, 2018 1:15 PM

R207 Words have meaning. Grow up.

by Anonymousreply 209December 15, 2018 1:25 PM

I’m pro-bi, but r204 is correct that the widespread preference of bi dudes to only be involved with other bi or mostly straight dudes is rarely criticized.

by Anonymousreply 210December 15, 2018 1:28 PM

r130 and r134

i'm with you. thanks for summarizing how i feel.

and r209

you are right, of course words have meaning. i've never denied that. but i'm in no position to tell someone that when they were in lov with a man in 1995, it's impossible for them to be in love with a woman i 2003 or 1987 or whatever. i cannot tell another perosn that their attraction and love are invalid. neither can you. that's all.

by Anonymousreply 211December 15, 2018 1:33 PM

(i do apologize for the atrocious spelling)

by Anonymousreply 212December 15, 2018 1:34 PM

R211 If someone experiences attraction to both sexes, they're bisexual. It is not for you to say that the commonly agreed upon meaning of words and reality itself can be thrown out the window because someone doesn't like what words mean. You're a lemming if you think otherwise.

You're basically saying there's multiple interpretations of what 2+2 is and I'm somehow oppressing someone for explaining that it's 4. How stupid.

Late-in-lifers are NOT bisexual because they always know something's not right. The love isn't there. Being in love with your girlfriend who "stomps your heart into a million pieces" or whatever and then ELECTING to be with men from there on out is not late in life homosexuality. The reason he got called out is because he pulled the whole "I'm a straight acting gay guy hur hur" thing when in fact he isn't even a self loathing gay man, he's bisexual. End of discussion.

by Anonymousreply 213December 15, 2018 1:42 PM

Dude ADMITS he dated men BEFORE the love of his life (woman) who dumped him, then went back to men. He's NOT gay. There was no pressure on him to date women in the first place since he was dating men comfortably, so throwing himself in with late-in-lifers is entirely inappropriate. He also thinks women have penises and men have vaginas so no wonder he's so confused.

Stop enabling him.

by Anonymousreply 214December 15, 2018 1:46 PM

Unfollowing this shit show. Good grief.

by Anonymousreply 215December 15, 2018 1:48 PM

r213

i am sorry but nowhere did i say what you are accusing me of. i have never said a word can mean 'anything'. i know (and agree with you, it seems) that a chair is a chair, a woman is a woman and an elephant is an elephant (not a bunny, a cat or a peacock).

i only singled out attraction and love. very specific sentiments and emotions that i find it rather strange when other people think they know better than i do how i experience these.

by Anonymousreply 216December 15, 2018 1:52 PM

r213

it also didn't sound to me like the gentleman you had a beef with had this great tragic love story with a woman and then proceeded to ignore the love he felt for other women (because it looks like he just didn't feel any - it's a not a choice), staying with a man for no other reason than a whim and convenience or something. i thought he loved the man he ended up with after the woman-heartbreak.

please don't call me a lemming and claim i deny 2+2=4. i haven't and won't.

by Anonymousreply 217December 15, 2018 1:58 PM

Grow up dudes

by Anonymousreply 218December 15, 2018 2:10 PM

R213 Some late in lifers just reject the opposite sex for some reason while being technically bisexuals. I've met so many "lesbians after 30" who were bisexual women disappointed and bitter about men.

by Anonymousreply 219December 16, 2018 5:00 AM

"I've met so many "single women after 30" who were straight women disappointed and bitter about men."

There. I fixed that for you.

by Anonymousreply 220January 3, 2019 5:44 PM

It’s the majority of gay men; it’s the stereotypical Pissy professionally gay gay gay guys that are antibi. Joe Sixpack gay dudes are cool with bi men.

by Anonymousreply 221January 3, 2019 5:47 PM

*It’s NOT the majority of gay men...

by Anonymousreply 222January 3, 2019 5:48 PM

R220 Straight women don't eat out pussy.

by Anonymousreply 223January 5, 2019 5:48 AM

Why are bisexual mien so critical of gay men? Why do bisexual men feel they are free to be critical of gay men at a gay website?

Are you bisexual guys as critical of straight men at straight websites? Are you bisexual men even honest about your bisexuality at sites other than Datalounge?

Or are you thinking you can get away with it here.

No. Not. Never.

Get the fuck over yourselves. You are not some kind of prize. Younall end up as bottoms.

by Anonymousreply 224January 5, 2019 6:02 AM

Bisexual men are like mosquito bites. Pretending they don't exist is half the battle and before you know it, they're gone and no longer an irritation.

by Anonymousreply 225January 5, 2019 6:11 AM

Brilliant r225

by Anonymousreply 226January 5, 2019 7:10 AM

R224 Do gay bottoms perform any different from bi bottoms? And how is anyone a total bottom irl anyway, I'm only seen non-vers dudes on dl. Most real non-heterosexual men I know are vers, though many have a preference.

by Anonymousreply 227January 5, 2019 7:41 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!