Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

HALLOWEEN 4: Probably the best sequel of the series and probably the best sequel in horror movie history.

I cannot watch this alone, at night.

Side note: Ellie Cornell and Danielle Harris are fantastic in this.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 164March 18, 2021 4:02 AM

Halloween 5 is also very good. I actually like it better than 4.

by Anonymousreply 1September 16, 2018 3:55 AM

Even Halloween 2 and 3 are better than this. It’s best to just forget all the junky, cash grab sequels of Halloween 4 through Resurrection.

by Anonymousreply 2September 16, 2018 3:57 AM

Cops do it by the book.

by Anonymousreply 3September 16, 2018 3:57 AM

Halloween 4 is solid. 5 is garbage.

by Anonymousreply 4September 16, 2018 3:57 AM

I thought Halloween 5 was better. Tina's death was sad.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5September 16, 2018 4:00 AM

Halloween 4 is okay, but they took a right turn into schlocky and the franchise has yet to recover.

Danielle Harris is a great actress.

by Anonymousreply 6September 16, 2018 4:01 AM

R3 Yas!

by Anonymousreply 7September 16, 2018 4:02 AM

Danielle Harris should've been nominated for Best Supporting Actress for this. She was THAT good.

Ellie Cornell was revelatory,too.

They should've both had better careers. Truly talented actresses.

by Anonymousreply 8September 16, 2018 4:04 AM

I loved Tina! The actress that played her had so much charisma. Very fluid and spontaneous performance

by Anonymousreply 9September 16, 2018 4:05 AM

Are you sure you're doing it right?

by Anonymousreply 10September 16, 2018 4:08 AM

Tina was annoying as fuck.

by Anonymousreply 11September 16, 2018 4:11 AM

Aw, and Billy!

Tina was everything, you bastard! R11.

by Anonymousreply 12September 16, 2018 4:13 AM

Donald Pleasance brilliant in this. When he gets in the truck with the religious alcoholic old man.

by Anonymousreply 13September 16, 2018 4:15 AM

Tina was an annoying bitch!

by Anonymousreply 14September 16, 2018 4:22 AM

Tina sucks cocks in hell.

by Anonymousreply 15September 16, 2018 4:23 AM

R15 lmao.

by Anonymousreply 16September 16, 2018 4:24 AM

This was my first time seeing Michael Myers as a kid. It will always be my personal favorite.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17September 16, 2018 4:29 AM

Brady was such a babe R17

by Anonymousreply 18September 16, 2018 5:09 AM

As a kid I loved Tina, she seemed so glamorous and cool.

I still maintain there is no solid proof she died. MIcheal stabbed her in the shoulder!

Loomis would have Jamie anything to get her cooperation.

by Anonymousreply 19September 16, 2018 5:14 AM

Would have TOLD Jamie anything.

by Anonymousreply 20September 16, 2018 5:15 AM

I love that line, R19.

by Anonymousreply 21September 16, 2018 5:20 AM

Did anyone watch it?

by Anonymousreply 22September 16, 2018 2:45 PM

Halloween 6 is my favorite of the sequels!

by Anonymousreply 23September 16, 2018 2:47 PM

R23 That's actually my second favorite of the sequels. The horror movie that year that captured the 90s best.

I recently bought the Director's Cut of 6 on Blu-ray. I appreciate that version a lot but prefer the edited version because of some of the added shocks/scenes.

I've always loved the tone of 6 more than the actual story.

by Anonymousreply 24September 16, 2018 2:56 PM

Rachel died so we could have Tina...so yes, Tina sucks...

by Anonymousreply 25September 16, 2018 3:03 PM

They should've paired Rachel and Tina.

by Anonymousreply 26September 16, 2018 3:06 PM

So strange, just watched 4 and 5 with the boyfriend yesterday.

4 wasn’t as good as I remember, but I liked Rachel. I don’t understand the decision to kill her 20 minutes into #5. Ruined the movie.

by Anonymousreply 27September 16, 2018 3:07 PM

Tina would have been a DL-er and Rachel would have turned into a mug-cradling SJW frau.

by Anonymousreply 28September 16, 2018 3:09 PM

R24 One reason I like that version of 6 so much is that it makes sense of the released cut of the movie, which is kind of is a mess. But adding in the Thorn sequences completes the film.

Plus, the Thorn stuff is what kept Michael going strong all those years (per the original 1978 novelization). H5 even ends with the sign of the Thorn.

LOVE the Nineties clothes and hair on the characters in H666!

by Anonymousreply 29September 16, 2018 3:14 PM

I love that Halloween novelization you mentioned. I remember finding it back in the 90s in a used bookstore. I was 13 and had skipped school. I read it in one day.

I remember the author describing Michael's mask as "grotesque" and thinking that odd.

I also remember him describing M Michael as having a revolting stench which I also found odd but sensical, too.

by Anonymousreply 30September 16, 2018 3:21 PM

I've loved Danielle Harris ever since i first saw her in Wish Upon A Star. She was the only thing i liked about the Halloween remake.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31September 16, 2018 3:23 PM

Brady today...not bad for middle age...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32September 16, 2018 3:25 PM

R31 Harris was always an excellent actress, way beyond her years. She had charisma, too. It's a shame Hollywood never did anything better with her.

by Anonymousreply 33September 16, 2018 3:25 PM

I'd let Brady Today pound my pussy.

by Anonymousreply 34September 16, 2018 3:27 PM

Really surprised at all the H5 love on DL today. Back in day we'd tear H5 (and Tina) new ones on those old epic AMC threads...

by Anonymousreply 35September 16, 2018 3:29 PM

H4, H5 and H6 were great because the acting by the leads was so above and beyond what should be expected from a horror sequel.

I've always loved the Halloween series because no matter how complicated and crazy the mythos grew, they took themselves (the directors, actors, crew) seriously and it added a level of quality and seriousness to them that was always surprising and refreshing, especially when compared to the other horror franchises.

by Anonymousreply 36September 16, 2018 3:33 PM

The 1978 novelization of H1 is SO good! I still have my copy, which I got in 1981 after seeing H2 at the theater. I devoured the book in a weekend and was astounded how much sense it made of the storyline in H2.

Michael is the vessel for the evil power of the Celts/Druids. One reason I appreciate H5 is because of the continuation of the Thorn power that began with the 1978 novelization and used heavily in H2.

I LOVE continuity! I wrote my own "Halloween 3" in the Spring of 1982, long before the actual movie came out. My H3 continued the story from H2 and wrapped up the story of MM, Samhain, the Thorn and the Myers family. I even came up with a daughter for Laurie (many years before H4) but Jimmy was not the father because in the H2 book and TV version of the film, Jimmy did NOT survive.

I wonder if I still have that...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37September 16, 2018 3:36 PM

R37 you are too fucking cute.

Halloween fanboys give me hardons.

by Anonymousreply 38September 16, 2018 3:37 PM

Donald Pleasance was the key. As a kid, he made me less afraid of Michael because I always figured Dr. Loomis wasn’t far behind, chasing him. He was like a superhero in my eyes.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39September 16, 2018 3:38 PM

Which one was young Paul Rudd in?

by Anonymousreply 40September 16, 2018 3:46 PM

Seeing H2 in the theater at age 16, I had a crush on the barely-there Randy, played by Jonathan Prince.

Of course, I expanded his character in my version of "Halloween 3!"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41September 16, 2018 3:47 PM

R4 Part 6.

by Anonymousreply 42September 16, 2018 3:48 PM

R40, he plays adult Tommy Doyle in 'Halloween: The Curse of Michael Myers' (which, being the sixth movie in the series, had a working title of 'Halloween 666' - the trailer is in the deluxe box set!).

by Anonymousreply 43September 16, 2018 3:48 PM

R40 Part 6.

by Anonymousreply 44September 16, 2018 3:49 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45September 16, 2018 3:49 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 46September 16, 2018 3:49 PM

Halloween 3: Season of the Witch is by far the best sequel because it attempted to do something different. All the other sequels were pale comparisons to the original.

Anyone who disagrees will be forced to wear a Silver Shamrock mask on Halloween night.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47September 16, 2018 4:15 PM

SHIT-STIRRING THREAD FAIL

OP enjoys watching the adventures of 7-year-old girls. Because that's so cool and exciting. Her "Best TV Show of All Time" must be DORA THE EXPLORER.

THE COPS ACT LIKE COMPLETE, INCOMPETENT IDIOTS AND WUSSES IN HALLOWEEN 4. No real cops would behave the way they do or participate in a luring of Michael Myers without backup.

I already explained this in the HALLOWEEN 2018 thread, one of already too many, which is where the OP stole this thread idea.

OP IS POLLUTING DATALOUNGE WITH MANIC POSTINGS IN TOO MANY HALLOWEEN THREADS, JUST LIKE 'CALL ME BY YOUR NAME.'

PLEASE F/F THE OP!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 48September 16, 2018 4:37 PM

Also, indulging this violent subject with a bipolar hypomania patient is not good for the OP's health and it could result in harm to himself or others.

OP needs to be medicated and interact with other mental patients under the supervision of social workers. NOT TROLLING DATALOUNGE.

by Anonymousreply 49September 16, 2018 4:39 PM

r36 is so far up his own ass he can't see straight.

Really painting lipstick on a pig there.

by Anonymousreply 50September 16, 2018 4:43 PM

The Night HE came

by Anonymousreply 51September 16, 2018 4:45 PM

According to one of the Halloween Wikis

Ellie Cornell did not initially plan on returning as Rachel in Halloween 5 but agreed to with the understanding that her character would be killed off early in the film. She requested that the writers change her form of death. Originally, Michael was to shove scissors down her throat, but Cornell felt that ending her character in this way would have been too gruesome. In the finished film, she is instead stabbed in her left breast just below her shoulder.

by Anonymousreply 52September 16, 2018 5:27 PM

Really smart sequel! Love it.

by Anonymousreply 53September 16, 2018 5:28 PM

[QUOTE]It’s best to just forget all the junky, cash grab sequels of Halloween 4 through Resurrection.

No it isn’t. They’re all entertaining in their own little ways.

Now the Rob Zombie remakes are some that you might want to forget.

by Anonymousreply 54September 16, 2018 11:59 PM

I had no idea parts 4,5 and 6 were filmed in Mormon country. I wonder why they chose there. The house from part 5 looks ridiculous, at least when this person did a massive tour of all the places. I prefer the look of Halloween 1 and 2 myself.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 55September 17, 2018 1:24 AM

Halloween 4 is just ok. 5 and 6 are turds.

by Anonymousreply 56September 17, 2018 1:38 AM

Im in love with the OP for this thread because I totally agree. H4 is the best sequel followed by (the first) Halloween 2. H5 is awful but fun to watch. The direction was pretty good in that one, but still... Part 4 is the best sequel. Plus, i still want Sasha Jensen inside of me deeply.

by Anonymousreply 57September 17, 2018 2:18 AM

The opening for part 4 really sets the tone for the movie. Great countryside shots.

by Anonymousreply 58September 17, 2018 2:30 AM

Halloween 4 was good, better than it had any right to be actually, but 5 and 6 were AWFUL

We don't need an explanation, especially that poorly written Thorn bullshit, for the pure evil that is Michael Myers, he just IS

I met John Carpenter at a meet and greet just last year and asked him about the Halloween sequels and he told me that the only he's seen aside from 2 and 3, which he produced, was H20 and the first Rob Zombie one, he said he knows NOTHING about the rest

by Anonymousreply 59September 17, 2018 2:44 AM

4 was a fun, solid 80's slasher flick, but 5, 6, H20, and Resurrection were total poorly written and ill-conceived shit. Halloween 4 wasn't ground breaking by any means, but as a kid seeing it in the theaters when it came out, I really enjoyed it.

by Anonymousreply 60September 17, 2018 3:10 AM

... and don't even get me started on the Zombie sequels, dumb trash, and a complete insult to the original.

by Anonymousreply 61September 17, 2018 3:12 AM

H20 was good, they actually gave it a robust for a Halloween film budget of $17 million, with $5 million going to Jamie Lee Curtis, by comparison the ENTIRE budgets of Halloween 4 and 5 were between $4-5 million 6 had a LOWER total budget of just $3.5 million and stupid fans wonder why Jamie Lee didn't come back for those films.

There's your answer right there

by Anonymousreply 62September 17, 2018 3:14 AM

The Zombie remakes are fun fanfic produced gorgeously. They're still fanfic and don't truly deserve the titles of remakes or sequels.

Rob did something fun, gruesome, weirdly poignant and speculative with his versions of Halloween 1 and 2.

I still maintain that his Halloween 2 was a hell of a hallucinatory ride.

And, of course, Danielle Harris is brilliant in it as well in her extended death scene as Annie.

by Anonymousreply 63September 17, 2018 3:20 AM

In fact, Danielle Harris' presence in both of Zombie's homages single handedly saves and elevates them.

by Anonymousreply 64September 17, 2018 3:22 AM

Both of Zombie's efforts are pure utter shit.

by Anonymousreply 65September 17, 2018 3:29 AM

R63/R64 = Sheri Moon Zombie

by Anonymousreply 66September 17, 2018 3:30 AM

I'm always surprised by how much Curtis and Carpenter bash Halloween II in the press, its regarded as fans as the best sequel but Carpenter called it a "terrible terrible film" in an interview and Curtis hates it mostly because she has nothing to do, which is true, and has very little lines in the film

by Anonymousreply 67September 17, 2018 3:34 AM

R67 on paper it seems good but it was the first film to show his eyes, followed by H20.

They completely missed the right tone for Michael in 2.

4-6 got him good and even made him creepier.

by Anonymousreply 68September 17, 2018 3:38 AM

R68 no way, 2 is slightly better than 4, which was good except for "The boogeyman " who's supposed to be in the shadows, taken out the ENTIRE police department, that was ridiculous and the horrible mask and the sudden Jason Voorhees super strength that Michael got after he awoke from his 10 year coma

5 and 6 were TERRIBLE and killed the series, in fact Halloween 7 was SUPPOSED to go straight to video wirh an ULTRA low budget until Jamie Lee Curtis got an idea to come back...

by Anonymousreply 69September 17, 2018 3:43 AM

This one is my favorite out of the franchise.

by Anonymousreply 70September 17, 2018 3:44 AM

The reason 4 is so good is because he looks like a bonafide spectre, which he is.

by Anonymousreply 71September 17, 2018 3:46 AM

Yeah Carpenter clearly has a vendetta against H2. He’s out there now touting Halloween 2018 as the best one since his original, and I think he says this as yet another dig at H2 which seems to be universally agreed upon as the only one that comes close to the first.

Halloween 2018 basically wipes H2 out of existence and that truly elates Carpenter. Probably how they convinced him to get on board with the film.

I think he despises H2 for setting up the brother/sister arc with Michael and Laurie.

by Anonymousreply 72September 17, 2018 3:47 AM

R72 You've seen Blumhouse's sequel/reboot?

by Anonymousreply 73September 17, 2018 3:49 AM

No.

by Anonymousreply 74September 17, 2018 3:55 AM

I've seen it and H2 is still a strong sequel. It is the atmosphere of 2 that makes it endure. The quiet hospital is creepy.

The reboot is entertaining but lacks the atmosphere of 2 and even 4.

by Anonymousreply 75September 17, 2018 3:57 AM

I never had any doubt that H2 and H4 would be able to stand with H18, however good it may be.

by Anonymousreply 76September 17, 2018 4:14 AM

4 is surprisingly good, although Michael's mask looks ridiculous. They never could get that mask right after the original, could they? What's with that? Every film has a slightly different mask. Did William Shatner threaten to sue or something so they had to tweak a few things?

Danielle Harris and Ellie Cornell had such great chemistry and were such wonderfully likable actresses. I do wish they'd do more. I think Danielle still does some indie horror films here and there, but Ellie rarely even does those horror conventions these days. She was a really endearing actress and I think Halloween 5 goes down the shitter when she's killed. It would have been far more interesting to have combined Rachel and Tina into one and play around with the idea that Rachel has changed a bit since the events of the last film and just wants to be a normal girl and party it up on Halloween night. She could still die, but trying to save Jamie. Oh, well...

I didn't care for Rob Zombie's first Halloween, but there's something about his sequel that I think is really bold and daring and nothing like you'd usually see in a wide release multiplex horror movie. He wasn't afraid to make classic characters unlikable and ugly due to their experiences with Michael. I remember finding Danielle Harris and Brad Dourif really moving and realistic in that film. Had he trimmed out all the ghost mom and white horse stuff, it would have probably been a much stronger film. It operates more like Ordinary People than a Halloween sequel and I kinda love it for that.

by Anonymousreply 77September 17, 2018 4:54 AM

I think Halloween II is a good sequel to the original, but the brother and sister angle did make it so personal that it took away a lot of the scariness. Just stay the fuck away from Laurie Strode around Halloween and you're good. I'm kinda glad the new movie is throwing all that shit out. I've heard it's really terrific, too.

by Anonymousreply 78September 17, 2018 4:55 AM

I loved this one when I was a kid and I had a mini crush on the actress who played Rachel - I thought she was super cute. I tried to rewatch it a few years ago and had to to turn it off after 20 minutes, that's how awful I thought it was.

by Anonymousreply 79September 17, 2018 6:05 AM

R72 Are you aware that Carpenter himself wrote the script for H2?

by Anonymousreply 80September 17, 2018 6:13 AM

R80 he did with Debra Hill, who NEVER gets the credit she deserves

He can still hate it though

by Anonymousreply 81September 17, 2018 9:10 AM

I love the slutty sheriff's daughter in Part 4.

by Anonymousreply 82September 17, 2018 11:46 AM

R82 her Mom is Abby Dalton who starred on the 80s nighttime soap operas Falcon Crest, Daltons co stars in Falcon Crest was Lorenzo Lamas, who married the cops daughter in Halloween 4 , Kathleen Kinmont is her name, and Halloween II 's Nurse Janet, Ana Alicia

by Anonymousreply 83September 17, 2018 12:50 PM

R77 love your observations. I agree with a lot of them.

by Anonymousreply 84September 17, 2018 1:23 PM

Can someone please explain the ending of this movie when a mysterious guy dressed in all black breaks Michael out of jail????

by Anonymousreply 85September 17, 2018 2:23 PM

R89 He was the leader of a the Thorn cult, which had ties to the government to some extent, and they were involved in popping up to tend to Michael whenever he was shot down.

They were instrumental....

by Anonymousreply 86September 17, 2018 3:18 PM

That Thorn shit was the worst. So glad they rebooted the franchise with H20.

by Anonymousreply 87September 17, 2018 10:22 PM

JLC **only** did H20 because of the alcoholism theme she made them add in.

So, it's an AA commercial. And a shitty movie.

by Anonymousreply 88September 17, 2018 10:26 PM

R88 the $5 million dollar paycheck didn't hurt either

by Anonymousreply 89September 17, 2018 10:40 PM

I just have to chime in and say that I am tired of the dopes that keep trying to trumpet H3 as a good movie. It's garbage, and really poorly directed and produced to boot. Strictly amateur night.

by Anonymousreply 90September 17, 2018 10:44 PM

'Halloween 3' is very spooky and creepy - I love it!

It can also be looped into continuity (despite H1 being shown on a TV screen) with the Druids and trying to harness the dark power in that other dimension.

Carpenter is a co-writer of the story of the H1 novelization. Thus, he helped come up with the Samhain/Thorn connection, which he also used in H2, which he also co-wrote. Carpenter is the one who started the whole brother/sister theme as well as Samhain/the Thorn. Fans who say that they want the "pure" story are ignorant of Carpenter's involvement in those "hated" elements of the franchise.

Some people like continuity, which is what kept the franchise going for almost 20 years until H20 fudged it. (BUT not destroyed it, because, as the producers said in 1998, Laurie could have had Jaime right after high school and gave her up for adoption before she faked her own death. In 1998, they said they sidestepped some of the continuity, but not all, since Michael and Laurie were still siblings. It was just Danielle Harris who had the question mark on her, but, even then, she was not definitively wiped out of continuity).

Continuity error in H20: Laurie's yearbook shows her as GRADUATING high school in 1978. However, in H1 & H2, set in October 1978, Laurie is a Senior in High School, so she would have graduated in May 1979.

by Anonymousreply 91September 17, 2018 11:29 PM

The basic concept was good, R90, it's just the low-budget execution and sleazy rewrites that were ruinous. If you can ever find the film's novelization, it seems to be more in line with what Nigel Kneale would have written in his original draft. BTW, Kneale agreed with you, he didn't the finished film at all...

by Anonymousreply 92September 17, 2018 11:29 PM

Jamie Lee traps Michael Myers in her basement and sets him on fire. All three Strode women survive.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 93September 17, 2018 11:43 PM

Some guy is spamming every thread with the ending of H2018.

by Anonymousreply 94September 17, 2018 11:43 PM

Wow....

Dick....

Move....

I wouldn’t be unhappy with that ending however.

by Anonymousreply 95September 17, 2018 11:48 PM

In Halloween: Tyra Banks' Wig, why does Michael go into Haddonfield after he kills Laurie?

Was it because his childhood home was being desecrated?

If Michael wanted to kill Danielle Harris so badly, why didn't he try to kill Josh Hartnett after 1998?

Did Josh Hartnett visit his mother in the nuthouse after she killed the cop in H20 (as revealed in Tyra's Wig)?

I really want to see Michelle Williams die an onscreen death, unlike Tyra's death which only shows up in the DVD extras of HRez.

by Anonymousreply 96September 17, 2018 11:49 PM

The only screw ups in the series was 7 not acknowledging 3-6 and also for 8 even existing in the first place. I HATE Resurrection with a passion. In my mind the franchise ends for good when Laurie cuts off Michael's head with the axe.

I'll still watch H40/9/the alternate universe version of 2 anyways because it looks good.

by Anonymousreply 97September 18, 2018 12:31 AM

Katie Sackoff is enough to ruin any move, especially H8. Add in Tyra Banks' weave, and it's a goner.

Although I do dance around a little bit like Tyra when making my espresso.

by Anonymousreply 98September 18, 2018 12:55 AM

I’m not understanding the Tyra jokes. Was she in one of the awful sequels or something?

by Anonymousreply 99September 18, 2018 1:08 AM

2002's 'Halloween: Resurrection', yes!

Here is her death scene which was cut from the movie but her dead body is found later in the film.

The cut scene is on the DVD extras.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 100September 18, 2018 1:11 AM

Including that scene would’ve made the movie even worse. I didn’t think that was possible.

by Anonymousreply 101September 18, 2018 1:32 AM

Almost all of the HALLOWEEN films are garbage.

Really only 1,2 and H20 stand up as adequate horror films -- which only a fraction of people tolerate.

Methinks we have a bipolar shit-stirrer for an OP talking to itself and playing Devil's Advocate to trigger social interaction with itself.

It needs to go to a hospital where the patients aren't allowed access to the internet.

by Anonymousreply 102September 18, 2018 2:22 AM

[QUOTE]It needs to go to a hospital where the patients aren't allowed access to the internet.

Haddonfield Memorial Hospital should do the trick, then. I’ve watched H2 countless times and I never saw anyone using the internet.

by Anonymousreply 103September 18, 2018 2:33 AM

Halloween 4/5 were great. That little girl made that movie work. I always thought she was so talented, especially the scenes were she can't speak, the she used her face, body and eyes to express panic, fear....was quite amazing for a little one. Too bad she went nowhere....she did play that trampy slut on Roseanne back in the day.

by Anonymousreply 104September 18, 2018 2:39 AM

I FUCKING HATED TINA!!!!!! There was on scene where she enters the house giggly, idiotic and fast walk/stomping.....FUCK! I sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo wanted MM to fucking kill her.

by Anonymousreply 105September 18, 2018 2:46 AM

"Tina". She looks so boring now. Like Helen Hunt (before she started looking like Rocky Dennis/Mask).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 106September 18, 2018 2:50 AM

I liked Sherriff Meeker. He was a badass.

by Anonymousreply 107September 18, 2018 3:34 AM

You could tell Meeker was a good, strong lay.

by Anonymousreply 108September 18, 2018 3:35 AM

Thanks r100! That looked pretty awful.

by Anonymousreply 109September 18, 2018 3:46 AM

Remember Barry Simms, the Howard Stern wannabe in H6? Sigh o' the Nineties!

And the cute boyfriend who takes a shower and is then killed had one of the classic looks for young guys in the Nineties.

by Anonymousreply 110September 18, 2018 11:24 AM

The Curse of Michael Myers is soooo mid-90s

by Anonymousreply 111September 18, 2018 11:56 AM

Yeah it’s like the “Party of Five” of Halloween movies. It’s featured song, Brother Cane’s “And Fools Shine On” is the perfect encapsulation of the mid-90’s music scene. I can still remember hearing those distinct guitar strings during the commercials which were on TV literally this exact time in 1995 with the release nearing at the end of September. I even remember the cuts from the movie they were showing: Michael rising up from the cellar holding his knife as he chased Jamie, Michael in the hallway when lightning strikes. I was very excited to finally see a Halloween movie on the big screen.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 112September 18, 2018 1:01 PM

[QUOTE]Its* featured song

by Anonymousreply 113September 18, 2018 1:02 PM

R110 That guy was so hot. Gorgeous eyes, especially highlighted by the facial dark paint used for his Frankenstein costume.

by Anonymousreply 114September 18, 2018 1:48 PM

R111 / R112 I think that's why I like it so much. Takes me back to high school.

Also the director of photography/cinematographer did a great job with the atmosphere of the film.

by Anonymousreply 115September 18, 2018 1:51 PM

Resurrection is terrible but i still love it. Listening to Busta Rhymes talk about the future of reality tv and the internet, it's such a time capsule moment lol. Also watching him trying to do martial arts moves at the end was pretty great too.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 116September 18, 2018 2:50 PM

I think H20 can still exist within the world of 4-6. There was originally a scene that was written where a girl gives a book report in class about the Haddonfield murders and mentions Jamie and what happened to her and all that stuff. It'd definitely explain where the fuck Michael has been for 20 years. The only issue is - wouldn't there possibly be pictures in the book of Laurie? You'd think the student would have been like "wow! my teacher looks exactly like Laurie Strode." Maybe it was best that it was cut.

by Anonymousreply 117September 18, 2018 4:45 PM

I never knew that vodka doesn’t freeze in the freezer until H20.

by Anonymousreply 118September 18, 2018 5:11 PM

But Jamie Lee traps Michael Myers in her basement and sets him on fire. All three Strode women survive in the new Halloween movie.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 119September 18, 2018 6:38 PM

The cocksucker who just posted is the person going around spoiling the end to Halloween 2018. I know because they’re the only person on my ignore list. I’d suggest you block them like I did.

by Anonymousreply 120September 18, 2018 6:42 PM

R120, aren’t we all cocksuckers dear???

by Anonymousreply 121September 18, 2018 7:37 PM

I kind of liked how they kept fucking up the mask after 2. It made the rest of the series feel non canon, which as this upcoming reboot proves, was probably for the best. That said, I found some entertaining moments in most of the sequels, especially H20.

by Anonymousreply 122September 18, 2018 8:38 PM

[quote] Ellie Cornell was revelatory,too.

That's a bit much. She was decent at best.

by Anonymousreply 123September 18, 2018 8:39 PM

This was the original mask from H20, which can still be seen in long shots in the film. Fortunately, they went back and reshot a lot of Michael's closeups. Still didn't look quite right but yet, I don't know even know what to make of this...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 124September 18, 2018 8:41 PM

R118, I found that out 4 years earlier watching Alison on Melrose Place. It happens @ 2:55

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 125September 18, 2018 10:33 PM

R125 I LOVED Melrose Place

by Anonymousreply 126September 18, 2018 10:53 PM

I LOVE vodka!

by Anonymousreply 127September 18, 2018 11:53 PM

Love the rooftop scene in part 4.

by Anonymousreply 128September 19, 2018 12:00 PM

They also did a CGI mask in one or two scenes in H20. It's so awful. It looks like it's glowing or something.

by Anonymousreply 129September 19, 2018 7:45 PM

Yeah, its when the kid from Jumanji gets a corkscrew. It looks god awful. I don't get why they didn't reshoot it.

by Anonymousreply 130September 19, 2018 10:44 PM

At Universal Horror Nights, there's a Halloween 4 maze this year.

Here's the video.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 131September 21, 2018 10:40 PM

That would've been cool to walk through. They did a Halloween II one a few years back.

by Anonymousreply 132September 21, 2018 11:08 PM

Wrong, r117.

HALLOWEEN 4 + 5 explicitly say that Laurie Strode was killed in a car accident.

And H20 doesn't take place in Haddonfield. Laurie was hiding out under a different identity in Northern California, like part of a witness protection program to avoid Michael.

by Anonymousreply 133September 22, 2018 4:36 AM

The spook alley was lame.

Michael Myers can't clone himself, so it doesn't make sense to have 3-4 Michaels attacking in the same room or time.

They should have had other dangers -- like electrified fence obstacles, bystanders being electrocuted or mental hospital patients attacking, rather than cheapening the presence of Myers.

It was usually predictable where Myers would pop up, too.

by Anonymousreply 134September 22, 2018 5:00 AM

R134 It's probably based on that creepy scene from part 4 when a bunch of town boys dress up as him.

by Anonymousreply 135September 22, 2018 5:59 AM

Might I add, the title sequence to this sequel is really unique and creepy AF. Is it the only sequel not to have the main theme during the titles?

You can tell the director for this film was talented and had a clear vision. His is the only sequel in the series that not only captured the mood and atmosphere of the original, but also amplified both.

by Anonymousreply 136September 22, 2018 6:02 AM

I always thought Buck the electrician was cute.

Hated to see him buy the farm.

by Anonymousreply 137September 26, 2018 6:00 AM

Don’t try that Halloween shit with me.

by Anonymousreply 138September 26, 2018 6:05 AM

Oops, my bad.

He was Bucky.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 139September 26, 2018 6:19 AM

The actor who played him died several years ago.

by Anonymousreply 140September 26, 2018 11:54 AM

The opening credits really are a marvel. They set the mood beautifully. You never get opening credit sequences like that these days. Everyone wants to just get right into the story. I remember noticing this when the American remake of The Ring came out and there were no opening titles at all. Not even just a title card to show the name of the movie.

by Anonymousreply 141September 26, 2018 7:32 PM

ALL of the Halloween movies are better than Halloween 3. Which has no real place in this franchise AT ALL...

by Anonymousreply 142September 26, 2018 7:35 PM

I’m itching to watch this but I am forcing myself to hold out till at least October.

by Anonymousreply 143September 26, 2018 9:03 PM

PLEASE F/F THE BIPOLAR MOVIE MANIAC

Muriel needs to red-tag and permanently ban the OP and OP's I.P. address.

She's saturating Datalounge with multiple, redundant threads about the same topic, eons before the movie is even released and even SPOILING the end of the film in UNRELATED threads.

These are the same patterns of the CALL ME BY YOUR NAME stalkers.

It's mental illness, hypomania and O.C.D.

IT NEEDS TO STOP.

by Anonymousreply 144September 26, 2018 10:45 PM

R144 what in the devil are you talking about?

by Anonymousreply 145September 26, 2018 10:47 PM

Yes with all the racists and freepers and nazi liars trying to camp here, let’s overreact to the Halloween poster. Though if the OP is the one posting the Halloween 18 spoiler willy nilly they should probably get a spanking.

by Anonymousreply 146September 26, 2018 10:51 PM

OP is not the one posting that spoiler. I blocked that person and it wasn’t him.

by Anonymousreply 147September 26, 2018 10:53 PM

I loved the redneck calvary.

by Anonymousreply 148September 26, 2018 11:03 PM

Phone never just rings at a police station. *Click-CLACK* No way!

by Anonymousreply 149September 27, 2018 7:08 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 150September 29, 2018 3:18 PM

r57 = the OP.

We all know the Bipolar Movie Maniac is just talking to itself though different browsers and devices.

You can tell by all the, "I think XYZ" comments from Poster One, followed by, "You're right, Poster One. I think XYZ, as well!' from Poster Two.

by Anonymousreply 151September 29, 2018 3:43 PM

They're deleting cookies and using multiple browsers and devices, r147.

by Anonymousreply 152September 29, 2018 3:45 PM

Who cares? Even trolls get one right every once in a while by striking up a well-merited conversation.

by Anonymousreply 153September 29, 2018 4:11 PM

Just came back from a screening of the sequel reboot. I was floored. It has surpassed part 4 as my favorite sequel of the franchise.

The creators managed to thread together the best elements of the original and the franchise as a whole (including Zombie's what I consider "fanfiction remakes") weaving together both a frightening and poignant homage that also manages to use ambiguity expertly in exploring the character of Michael Myers and the evil that surrounds him.

Midway through our first encounter with Myers, it's as if something descends upon or is awakened within "the Shape", causing the atmosphere and those around him to buzz with foreboding. It's an unsettlingly electric and effective sequence that, rather than explain to you why, simply allows you to feel and imagine the evil that permeates this man through creator John Carpenter's chillingly atmospheric score and David Gordon Green's assured, poetic direction.

Green has a firm grasp on the elements that made the original work - simplicity, realism and a little grounded pathos (and never seeing the Shape's eyes!) - playing with and and amplifying them. The simplicity is artful and unsettling, the realism disturbing and frightening, and the pathos painful and familiar. Also, the use of light and editing left me feeling unsure about whether or not I ever saw Myers' eyes save for one fleetingly chilling reveal which tips the hat to the mythos of the original and to Laurie Strode's first encounter with him. It's as if hid eyes are under dirty water throughout: you catch yourself thinking you've seen them and as soon as you do, they're gone. It was a wonderful technique I haven't seen in any of the sequels or the original, for that matter.

Jamie Lee Curtis gives her best film performance (she was also excellent in 2014's Scream Queens) since Freaky Friday here, shading her character with both pain and a will of steel. She's subtle, fierce and expertly gives us a realistic portrait of Laurie Strode as a PTSD suffering grandmother crippled by her past but fueled with the turbulent courage of someone with nothing left to lose. Her scenes opposite the shape are startlingly brutal and all the more satisfying for it.

It's easy to find out the myriad way in which this film could have gone wrong - watch Halloween ::gurgle:: H20, which also starred Jamie Lee Curtis on the franchise's 20th anniversary - and though it isn't a groundbreaking film, it's an excellent slasher pic that doesn't try to reinvent the wheel but puts the rubber to the road and lets it rip.

This is both a love letter to the original and to die hard fans, with mini homages cleverly executed and peppered throughout. The violence and gore are intensified for both current day horror fan sensibilities but also in service of the story, which is meant to highlight the savage and elemental quality of the evil on display. The kills are frightening, intense and surprisingly somber, which elevates and magnifies them.

Nearly halfway through the film, there's a beautifully rendered extended tracking shot during which the Shape swiftly enters a woman's home, bludgeons her to death with a hammer and after, with the oblivious nonchalance of a child switching toys, picks up a butcher knife. It's a chilling moment. Weapons are truly an afterthought for this kind of primal evil

The supporting cast is excellent, with Judy Greer and Andi Matichack providing the best, most nuanced supporting work since part 4s Ellie Cornell and Danielle Harris team up. Matichack in particular stands out as a young actress with a promising career ahead of her.

Expanding on his original score for "Halloween", with echoes of his other brilliant compositional work in film and shades of the score to "Suspiria" , Carpenter's music here is a fantastic variations on a theme homage to the most iconic score in horror film history; his own.

There's a plot point many have found disappointing involving a protege of Dr. Loomis' which I found successfully subversive and perhaps revealing of where the franchise is headed.

Contd.

by Anonymousreply 154October 21, 2018 8:34 AM

Whether or not you believe in evil, fear is universal and triggered by as many unknown elements as it is the known. This sequel doesn't attempt to explain the 'unknown elements' but simply observes their mysterious, macabre chill.

by Anonymousreply 155October 21, 2018 8:40 AM

Wade was the best.

by Anonymousreply 156October 21, 2018 7:24 PM

This sequel cost $5 mill to make and raked in $18 mill.

It's crazy to think that 20 years later the budget was raised by only 50℅ ($10 mill) and it's already grossed close to $90 mill.

by Anonymousreply 157October 25, 2018 1:14 AM

R157 not entirely true. Just 10 years later Halloween H20 cost $17 million to make, with $5 million going to Jamie Lee Curtis, and made $55 million im the US alone

Resurrection and the 2 Rob Zombie Halloween 's cost about $15 million to make apiece in the 2000s

by Anonymousreply 158October 25, 2018 8:09 AM

R158 This sequel cost $10 mill, though.

by Anonymousreply 159October 25, 2018 3:45 PM

Jamie must have taken a pay cut and went for a percentage of the box office.

by Anonymousreply 160October 25, 2018 3:48 PM

R160 If so, she's making a KILLING (pun intended).

I imagine Carpenter is, too. It's pulled over $10 mill between Mon and Wed alone.

by Anonymousreply 161October 25, 2018 3:52 PM

R154 is a complete loon and an insufferable macabre movie cunt, this Mary cannot stop shitting out the same overblown review in threads and starting endless Halloween 2018 threads to claim the film is the new Citizen Kane. All this drivel about a C grade fright flick. Tragic!

by Anonymousreply 162October 27, 2018 9:18 PM

The best Halloween sequel along with the 2018 reboot.

by Anonymousreply 163March 18, 2021 3:59 AM

Found another good copy of this pic on YouTube, since the copy in op has been taken down.

The performances in this, especially considering the fact that it is the FOURTH sequel to a horror franchise, are fantastic.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 164March 18, 2021 4:02 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!