Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Asia Argento Paid Off 17 Year Old Male Rape Accuser

[QUOTE]In the months that followed her revelations about Mr. Weinstein, Ms. Argento quietly arranged to pay $380K to her own accuser: Jimmy Bennett, a young actor & musician who said she sexually assaulted him in a hotel room years earlier, when he was 17. She was 37.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 600August 21, 2018 7:56 PM

Tie her down and give her a forced hysterectomy.

No anesthesia, no painkillers. Predatory cunt.

by Anonymousreply 1August 20, 2018 1:39 AM

A mess.

But in the months that followed her revelations about Mr. Weinstein last October, Ms. Argento quietly arranged to pay $380,000 to her own accuser: Jimmy Bennett, a young actor and rock musician who said she had sexually assaulted him in a California hotel room years earlier, when he was only two months past his 17th birthday. She was 37. The age of consent in California is 18.

The document lays out Mr. Bennett’s account: Ms. Argento asked the family member to leave so she could be alone with the actor. She gave him alcohol to drink and showed him a series of notes she had written to him on hotel stationery. Then she kissed him, pushed him back on the bed, removed his pants and performed oral sex. She climbed on top of him and the two had intercourse, the document says. She then asked him to take a number of photos.

by Anonymousreply 2August 20, 2018 1:43 AM

Not a fan of "Call Me By Your Name", I assume, r1?

by Anonymousreply 3August 20, 2018 1:43 AM

Very creepy because she played his mother in a film when he was only 7 years old. She's quite a monster herself.

by Anonymousreply 4August 20, 2018 1:45 AM

Before people go crazy with the accusations of hypocrisy, let's make clear that the only reason why this can be referred to as "rape" or "sexual assault" is that California is one of the very few places on Earth with an age of consent at 18.

by Anonymousreply 5August 20, 2018 1:46 AM

What’s sauce for the gander is sauce for the goose.

by Anonymousreply 6August 20, 2018 1:47 AM

If you read the story, they had a mother/son relationship since he was 7. The actual details are very creepy.

by Anonymousreply 7August 20, 2018 1:48 AM

He was barely 17, R5. A few days before she raped him, he was a 16 year old boy.

by Anonymousreply 8August 20, 2018 1:48 AM

Remember how she yelled at the audience in Cannes this year about sexual assault in the industry? This type of bullshit does nothing to protect women from abuse and furthers the idea that most of the metoo accusers are attention seeking lunatics.

Perhaps Bourdain heard about this before he killed himself. Imagine realising that you put your reputation on the line for this chick? If he had lived, he would have been caught up in the fallout from this for sure. Speaks volumes about Ronan Farrow’s investigative abilities too.

by Anonymousreply 9August 20, 2018 1:52 AM

#MeToo's collapse is complete.

by Anonymousreply 10August 20, 2018 1:52 AM

He had been 17 for months, not days, r8. And even 16 is legal almost everywhere. Calling this "rape" is retarded, and an insult to actual rape victims (whether Asia is one herself or not).

by Anonymousreply 11August 20, 2018 1:54 AM

LOL!!

by Anonymousreply 12August 20, 2018 1:55 AM

[quote] He was barely 17, [R5]. A few days before she raped him, he was a 16 year old boy.

It was not "a few days" it was a couple of months. Your Trumpian exaggeration isn't going to help you sell whatever you're selling.

by Anonymousreply 13August 20, 2018 1:56 AM

Words cannot express how I loathe this woman. She fucked Weinsten for money for years after the alleged "assault". Promptly threw her then boyfriend Vincent Gallo under the bus when he spoke out against Weinstein. Not to mention torturing Bourdain into an early grave. now this? She's vile.

by Anonymousreply 14August 20, 2018 1:56 AM

Jimmy

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15August 20, 2018 1:58 AM

He reminds me of Pete Davidson from Saturday Night Live!

by Anonymousreply 16August 20, 2018 1:59 AM

Why would any woman at any age want to hook up with this? Also, why the fuck would a grown woman find a teenager sexually attractive?

The kid was screwed over and raped, but he’s a hustler, just like Argento.

He hustled Argento, and Argento hustled Bourdain. Read the NYT piece. It alludes to Bourdain covering the “bill”.

I expect the DA to file charges against Argento in the coming weeks.

What a stupid cunt. Anyone who throws their entire career out the window for underage ass deserves everything that’s coming to them.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17August 20, 2018 1:59 AM

The documents, which were sent to The New York Times through encrypted email by an unidentified party, include a selfie dated May 9, 2013, of the two lying in bed.

mossad at work?

by Anonymousreply 18August 20, 2018 2:02 AM

If she wanted to have sex with actors who had played her son, she should have let the Sprouse twins spitroast her instead.

by Anonymousreply 19August 20, 2018 2:02 AM

I thought she was into older men.

by Anonymousreply 20August 20, 2018 2:02 AM

Since Dylan Sprouse called out Jared Leto for DM'ing 18 year olds will he chastise her since he and his brother were in this film.

by Anonymousreply 21August 20, 2018 2:02 AM

[quote]Promptly threw her then boyfriend Vincent Gallo under the bus when he spoke out against Weinstein.

Vincent Gallo is a hardcore Republican, so I don't have much sympathy for him.

by Anonymousreply 22August 20, 2018 2:05 AM

Does Rose know?

by Anonymousreply 23August 20, 2018 2:07 AM

The kid was claiming to be broke and ripped off by his parents, when he suddenly realized that the sexual encounter with Argento has stymied his lucrative career and earnings.

God, these people are all just awful. This Jimmy kid was surrounded by sharks and quickly learned he too, had to become one if he was Giotto survive.

How much did Weinstein pay for this gem? The pics were worth at least 100K, minimum.

by Anonymousreply 24August 20, 2018 2:08 AM

This poor kid has been screwed over multiple times by everyone in his life. His parents skimmed money out of his trust fund, they put him in a movie when he was 6 where he played a child of a prostitute who put him in situations where he ended up being raped (by the now exposed as fake JT Leroy) and his parents have now kicked him out of the family home that his earnings probably bought? Damn.

by Anonymousreply 25August 20, 2018 2:09 AM

It sounds like Argento promised him a role in a movie, which was a load of horseshit just to get him in bed from the beginning, R24

by Anonymousreply 26August 20, 2018 2:10 AM

Here are tweets from someone who claims to know the accuser and says he's a scammer.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27August 20, 2018 2:10 AM

I wonder how much publicity this will even get......

by Anonymousreply 28August 20, 2018 2:12 AM

That's the current boyfriend of his ex. I'd take a big grain of salt R27.

by Anonymousreply 29August 20, 2018 2:13 AM

Can you quote the tweets, r27? That guy has blocked me for some reason.

by Anonymousreply 30August 20, 2018 2:14 AM

This completely undermines her whole story. Whether it was statutory rape or not, she paid him off, which, to me, is an admission of knowing she did something she should not have done. Plenty of younger men sleep with older women, but the women don't buy their silence. How could she not know that this would come out? She can't be that stupid. She should have gotten ahead of this narrative, but she obviously thought she didn't need to. I'm disgusted by the whole MeToo bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 31August 20, 2018 2:14 AM

R21 Dylan Sprouse sounds like he's jealous that Leto is pulling hot models.

by Anonymousreply 32August 20, 2018 2:14 AM

Paying off with that amount of money, and making sure that the rights to the photos were transferred to Argento, sounds pretty incriminating for Argento. She acts like she has reason to want it to go away.

by Anonymousreply 33August 20, 2018 2:15 AM

[quote]Mr. Bennett was 7 when he was cast in “The Heart Is Deceitful Above All Things,” a 2004 film Ms. Argento directed, starred in and helped write.

[quote]The script, based on a book by the pseudonymous writer JT LeRoy, depicts the grim relationship between a drug-addicted prostitute played by Ms. Argento and her son, played by Mr. Bennett and two other young actors. Ms. Argento’s character dresses her son as a girl to lure men, and the boy is ultimately raped.

[quote]In interviews and subsequent social media posts between the two over the years, they referred to each other as mother and son.

[quote]On May 9, 2013, the day they met for a reunion in her room at a Ritz-Carlton in Marina del Rey, Calif., she posted on Instagram: “Waiting for my long lost son my love @jimmymbennett in trepidation #marinadelrey smoking cigarettes like there was no next week.”

[quote]Mr. Bennett responded, “I’m almost there!:)”

Some context as to why this is just so fucking wrong.

by Anonymousreply 34August 20, 2018 2:16 AM

"Whether it was statutory rape or not, she paid him off, which, to me, is an admission of knowing she did something she should not have done."

Harvey paid off Rose but people still say Rose is lying. Michael Jackson paid his victims MILLIONS and people still say the victims were lying.

by Anonymousreply 35August 20, 2018 2:16 AM

If you log out of Twitter, R30, you'll be able to see it.

by Anonymousreply 36August 20, 2018 2:16 AM

I suspect this thread will hit 600 by midnight Eastern.

by Anonymousreply 37August 20, 2018 2:16 AM

Any truth to the rumor that she and Bourdain had a suicide pact, but she backed out?

by Anonymousreply 38August 20, 2018 2:17 AM

Asia and Jimmy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39August 20, 2018 2:17 AM

The story is page 1 on NYTimes so it will get noticed.

by Anonymousreply 40August 20, 2018 2:18 AM

[quote]That guy has blocked me for some reason.

Why would he have blocked you?

Have you sent him critical tweets?

by Anonymousreply 41August 20, 2018 2:18 AM

Rose usually pops up pretty fast to defend Asia as her sister witch. Has she commented on this yet?

by Anonymousreply 42August 20, 2018 2:21 AM

Didn't RM support Victor Salva? This won't look good for her.

by Anonymousreply 43August 20, 2018 2:21 AM

r41

No, I have never interacted with him; but I've ended up on some idiotic blocklist that a bunch of people are using.

by Anonymousreply 44August 20, 2018 2:21 AM

Reads like a Mossad hit piece by Harvey. Birds of a feather.

by Anonymousreply 45August 20, 2018 2:23 AM

Did Bourdain know?

by Anonymousreply 46August 20, 2018 2:24 AM

Yes. He seems to have provided the money.

by Anonymousreply 47August 20, 2018 2:27 AM

R15 For being such a weird looking kid, he actually turned out ok.

by Anonymousreply 48August 20, 2018 2:29 AM

ROFL

by Anonymousreply 49August 20, 2018 2:29 AM

This is all so depressing. Abusers beget abusers, an awful cycle.

by Anonymousreply 50August 20, 2018 2:29 AM

R15, That pic is quite old. Here is an Instagram post with more recent ones.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51August 20, 2018 2:30 AM

I thought she was gay

by Anonymousreply 52August 20, 2018 2:30 AM

Whatever she is bi, straight or gay she was a beard for Bourdain and he was gay.

by Anonymousreply 53August 20, 2018 2:31 AM

William is already deleting a lot of his tweets about this. Interesting.

Asia pretends to be gay but I think she's the kind of gay woman who does it to attract straight men.

I feel bad for Bourdain if he footed the bill for this shit.

by Anonymousreply 54August 20, 2018 2:32 AM

She's openly bi.

by Anonymousreply 55August 20, 2018 2:33 AM

SHE paid $380K in Hush Money? Bullshit. She's never had that amount of cash readily available to her. More than likely, it was AB's money.

by Anonymousreply 56August 20, 2018 2:33 AM

I guess she likes her men to look more like women, hence her attraction to underage males. Still doesn't explain Bourdain though.

by Anonymousreply 57August 20, 2018 2:34 AM

The guy deleted a lot of his tweets regarding this because he is being branded a paedo dedender and victim blamer. The ones he deleted included how Jimmy would brag about having sex with older women, how it's true that Bennett's parents stole from him which in turn made Jimmy turn to scamming/thievery. He believes Bennett was extorting AA.

The remaining tweets:

It was consensual… and he bragged about it afterward to friends. It's definitely disgusting, but to compare this to child sexual abuse is arguably just as disgusting.

When did I "slander" Jimmy? All I'm saying is the fact that he was stealing money around the time he made demands for money is extremely suspicious… not to mention, he's the only single accuser.

The accuser also was scamming taxi drivers at the time of the article by asking to take a stop at restaurants & sneaking out the back so he didn't have to pay them around the same time he made the demands for cash.

I did. Broke out in laughter when I read who her accuser was then continued reading out of curiosity.

by Anonymousreply 58August 20, 2018 2:35 AM

Wikipedia says she's straight but I think she's gay

by Anonymousreply 59August 20, 2018 2:37 AM

r20

like her dad?

her dad is a filmmaker .

im waiting for that shoe to drop.

by Anonymousreply 60August 20, 2018 2:39 AM

She gave him alcohol

by Anonymousreply 61August 20, 2018 2:41 AM

Just wow!

by Anonymousreply 62August 20, 2018 2:41 AM

the heart is deceitful has a crazy backstory.

con artists and grifters. all.

by Anonymousreply 63August 20, 2018 2:42 AM

Can we use the word “rapist” now?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 64August 20, 2018 2:43 AM

I kind of doubt the kid was that traumatized...that said, her actions were gross and creepy, especially since she'd known him since he was seven, and of course he was underage and she clearly knew it. None of this means that she doesn't deserve justice for what HW did to her.

by Anonymousreply 65August 20, 2018 2:43 AM

Speaking of creepiness, her dad directed her in a brutal rape scene in "The Stendhal Syndrome".

by Anonymousreply 66August 20, 2018 2:44 AM

Who's this guy's lawyer? What he got was almost three times what Stormy got from Trump.

by Anonymousreply 67August 20, 2018 2:44 AM

If she only met him as a teenager it wouldn't be quite as bad (but still questionable), but the fact she has known him since he was 7 years old is quite weird. But then Asia has always struck me as a crazy, eccentric oddball who says and does whatever she wants at any moment and doesn't care who thinks what about it. That type of carefree, impulsive personality can get you in lots of trouble. It makes me wonder if Anthony Bourdain knew about it before his death.

People were finally starting to forget about Asia after flinging their accusations that she drove Anthony to suicide, practiced witchcraft on him, etc., and her life was starting to go back to some semblance of normalcy. And now this has to happen. I notice she hasn't even been on Twitter in almost a month and she used to practically live on there. I don't think she had better go back any time soon. 2018 sure has been a lousy year for her.

by Anonymousreply 68August 20, 2018 2:46 AM

I really hope nothing comes out about Dario Argento -- I'm sick of having to reassess my appreciation of all my favorite directors because they're all creeps in real life and not just their art

by Anonymousreply 69August 20, 2018 2:48 AM

@R57 - She is a tatted-up, has-been *actress* with no source of viable, independent income, though one with a famous father. Bourdain was a closet case of an aging, wealthy addict prone to self-inflicted depression and self-hatred when he met her while filming a PU episode in Italy. With a little help from popping "The V," it was the perfect storm.

by Anonymousreply 70August 20, 2018 2:48 AM

"She gave him alcohol"

I'm sure she forced it down his throat, because we all know teenage boys hate drinking.

by Anonymousreply 71August 20, 2018 2:48 AM

[quote]I feel bad for Bourdain if he footed the bill for this shit.

If Bourdain paid the money, that reflects poorly on his judgement.

And could taint his legacy.

by Anonymousreply 72August 20, 2018 2:49 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 73August 20, 2018 2:50 AM

Milo Y. has always said that the moment a man takes up a metoo cause, it's like starting the countdown to a sexual harassment case. Seems the same goes for women.

by Anonymousreply 74August 20, 2018 2:50 AM

The conspiracy theorist in me says this has Harvey's hands all over it. His lawyers dug this up to further destroy AA's credibility. I hope she doesn't off herself.

by Anonymousreply 75August 20, 2018 2:52 AM

bourdain's net worth after his suicide was gossiped about. it turns out that he paid off this kid so his gfs story wouldnt be complicated?

weinstein is a slobbering pig and a bully but he had a transactional relationship with these women including his exwives, nicole, gwyneth, rose and asia.

he had to pay women, why else would women endure him?

its a crime #metoo purpose has been co-opted by hollywood courtesans who have aged out of the grift.

by Anonymousreply 76August 20, 2018 2:53 AM

Such a nasty woman

by Anonymousreply 77August 20, 2018 2:53 AM

[quote] "She gave him alcohol"

[quote] I'm sure she forced it down his throat, because we all know teenage boys hate drinking.

It doesn't matter, R71, you don't give booze to minors. I'd be a bit more forgiving if she were a younger woman, say under 22 or 23, but she was 37. She should have used better judgment, obviously.

by Anonymousreply 78August 20, 2018 2:55 AM

[quote]Wikipedia says she's straight

Wikipedia says a lot of celebrities are straight -- even ones that are gay.

by Anonymousreply 79August 20, 2018 2:56 AM

R74: Milo Hanrahan is a pig and a disgrace and so are you for quoting it here. Get lost alt right trash.

by Anonymousreply 80August 20, 2018 2:56 AM

r66

im waiting for that to be openly discussed, chewed and ruminated on.

by Anonymousreply 81August 20, 2018 2:57 AM

Why is this not trending on Twitter?

by Anonymousreply 82August 20, 2018 2:59 AM

You can't see his responses since his Twitter was deleted, but if you search both their usernames together you can see a lot of times she tweeted him from 2012-2014.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 83August 20, 2018 3:01 AM

Bourdain loved this cow beyond all reasons. Imagine paying for this bullshit cover up & then she STILL cheats on you. If Bourdain had not met her he would be alive today. She's a fucking disease.

by Anonymousreply 84August 20, 2018 3:01 AM

It would be amazing if Anthony Bourdain had all of this information on a dead man switch to be sent out a certain amount of time after his death. He would certainly have known about it and wanted the world to know the truth about her.

by Anonymousreply 85August 20, 2018 3:02 AM

She's a parasite, in search of a new host.

by Anonymousreply 86August 20, 2018 3:03 AM

I'm laughing trying to imagine how this story is going to play in her native Italy.

"Wait...they said 'rape'. Where's the rape? I've read the article twice now. Did she rape him at another time? I don't get it."

by Anonymousreply 87August 20, 2018 3:05 AM

I actually think Ottavia Bourdain leaked it. I would bet money on it - she hates her.

by Anonymousreply 88August 20, 2018 3:06 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 89August 20, 2018 3:06 AM

Asia Argento @AsiaArgento · May 9, 2013

Waiting for my long lost son @JimmyBennett in the hotel room: I cry, I sweat, I pace, I tremble. I am alive.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 90August 20, 2018 3:06 AM

So May 9, 2013 was the rape day?

by Anonymousreply 91August 20, 2018 3:07 AM

What an overgrown middle school girl.

by Anonymousreply 92August 20, 2018 3:08 AM

Bourdain footed the bill on this one. How he got the down payment of 200K is none of my business, but it does explain somewhat, his diminished worth. Remember, he allegedly bought her a million dollar house.

Argento is a top notch rated actress in Italy, so I’m assuming she had some cash of her own.

This is just really sick, because we all understand that this is coming out as a mechanism for the defense team of the world’s greatest pig in an expensive suit, Harvey Weinstein. It’s a shame that this bastard is still breathing in and out to see another day.

I agree that women slept with Weinstein consensually, in order to secure roles, however, it’s not something they did because they wanted to.

I have a feeling that Jimmy might have asked Argento to pop his cherry. It would explain why she was smoking cigarettes like a frenzied teen, awaiting his arrival. I don’t believe she saw that there was anything wrong with what she was doing, being that she comes from a country where this wouldn’t be looked down upon. Her mistake was that she screwed him in California. Sounds crass, I know, but Europeans are pretty relaxed about this, hence movies like CMBYN.

Whatever. The movement started with Harvey, and now perhaps ends with Harvey. Even at his most vulnerable, this asshole is still able to call the shots.

by Anonymousreply 93August 20, 2018 3:10 AM

Is she friends with Courtney Love? The seem similar regarding partners, stds, attitudes.

by Anonymousreply 94August 20, 2018 3:11 AM

r82?

miss argento is third rate,a never been. her biggest role was landing the female lead in triple x with that other relic, vin deisel.

argento had all the connections through her father and fucked for more but somehow its weinsteins fault she and rose arent big fat movie stars.

rose was fucking the married director of grindhouse, grindhouse was supposed to make her a big fat movie star.

this didnt happen so twenty years later, its weinsteins fault?

by Anonymousreply 95August 20, 2018 3:11 AM

As of tonight Jimmy and Asia still follow each other on Instagram. Asia's daughter and Jimmy follow each other as well. I know things like social media and followers are seen as silly and frivolous by many people, but if I felt violated by someone I wouldn't want them looking at pictures of my life or have a way to contact me. I find that odd.

by Anonymousreply 96August 20, 2018 3:12 AM

She's waiting in the hotel room

five years ago when this boy was 17

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 97August 20, 2018 3:14 AM

R94, Yep..

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 98August 20, 2018 3:14 AM

"five years ago when this boy was 17"

But if it was an attractive straight male actor hitting on 17-year-old females, dl would be okay with it......ask James Franco.

by Anonymousreply 99August 20, 2018 3:16 AM

Courtney is a lesbian beard too like Asia

by Anonymousreply 100August 20, 2018 3:16 AM

"The documents, which were sent to The New York Times through encrypted email by an unidentified party"

Somebody wants her outed.

by Anonymousreply 101August 20, 2018 3:28 AM

"Before people go crazy with the accusations of hypocrisy, let's make clear that the only reason why this can be referred to as "rape" or "sexual assault" is that California is one of the very few places on Earth with an age of consent at 18."

No one is focused on the age.

by Anonymousreply 102August 20, 2018 3:31 AM

harvey hired mossad agents at one point, this has his stink on it.

by Anonymousreply 103August 20, 2018 3:32 AM

[quote] No one is focused on the age.

But that's literally the only part that can be used to justify calling it "rape" or "assault", r102.

by Anonymousreply 104August 20, 2018 3:35 AM

[QUOTE]Somebody wants her outed.

She’s made a lot of enemies.

by Anonymousreply 105August 20, 2018 3:39 AM

I'm not surprised in the least. She was the least credible of Weinstein's accusers and was probably the reason why Anthony Bourdain killed himself (after the pictures of her getting intimate with the French reporter were published). She's a real piece of work.

by Anonymousreply 106August 20, 2018 3:39 AM

This tweet from August of 2012 makes it sound like she was in love with him even then:

*@JimmyBennett sucks I left LA! I would have followed you everywhere. I wish I hadn't missed any of your birthdays all these years."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 107August 20, 2018 3:49 AM

[quote]and was probably the reason why Anthony Bourdain killed himself (after the pictures of her getting intimate with the French reporter were published)

if AB killed himself over this, then that reflects really badly on him.

I don't believe it, if course. A man with several marriages behind him and a young kid who needs him, would have to be pretty mental to end it over a short affair. I think he had much deeper issues. I mean, give the guy some credit.

by Anonymousreply 108August 20, 2018 3:52 AM

She was involved with Weinstein for years. This chick is as tough as they come. Who is going to believe that he raped her after this? She paid the kid off after lecturing industry heavyweights at Cannes about metoo. she is a liar, a grifter and a sexual predator.

Fucking a kid barely past 16 years of age when you are pushing 40 is an act of exploitation and manipulation. Fuck her, that fake feminist, she has just made life a hell of a lot harder for genuine rape victims in the entertainment industry.

by Anonymousreply 109August 20, 2018 3:53 AM

Rose and Asia always seemed pissed that there were other victims of Harvey. They wanted to be the center of attention and both hated the #MeToo Hollywood movement. Remember when Asia tried to throw Ava Duvernay under the bus at Cannes, saying Ava didn't offer her any comfort when there was fucking video of Ava consoling her? Or when Meryl actually tried to contact Rose about the THEY KNEW thing and Rose was suddenly to busy to respond after nonstop tweets about Meryl?

R43 Rose's response to working with Victor: "I didn't know it but I worked with a pedophile. AND SO HAVE YOU! EVERYONE OF YOU!" She refused to take any responsibility for that despite calling out numerous actors who were working with Woody Allen.

by Anonymousreply 110August 20, 2018 3:54 AM

It's finally trending on Twitter. I scanned a few pages of comments. Most of them say nothing more than "two things can be true at once," while ignoring the obvious hypocrisy.

by Anonymousreply 111August 20, 2018 4:05 AM

Well this is embarrassing.

by Anonymousreply 112August 20, 2018 4:07 AM

I wonder about Annabella Sciorra. She's grouped with McGowan and Argento but she seemed genuine. I hope she was. Her account was the only one that really disturbed me.

by Anonymousreply 113August 20, 2018 4:08 AM

There were a few comments that said how selfish Argento is since she put herself in front of the MeToo movement when she knew she had her own accuser.

by Anonymousreply 114August 20, 2018 4:08 AM

It’s damaging to her credibility, obviously, but I don’t see how it affects the abundance of other allegations against Weinstein in the slightest.

by Anonymousreply 115August 20, 2018 4:13 AM

I bet it was closet case Bourdain that fucked this kid

by Anonymousreply 116August 20, 2018 4:15 AM

I'm sure Bourdain is screaming from the beyond about how Hillary didn't speak up for Jimmy.

by Anonymousreply 117August 20, 2018 4:17 AM

The guy went away for 380k when he wanted millions? He's an ugly idiot.

Mr. Bennett’s notice of intent asked for $3.5 million in damages for the intentional infliction of emotional distress, lost wages, assault and battery. Mr. Bennett made more than $2.7 million in the five years before the 2013 meeting with Ms. Argento, but his income has since dropped to an average of $60,000 a year, which he attributes to the trauma that followed the sexual encounter with Ms. Argento, his lawyer wrote.

by Anonymousreply 118August 20, 2018 4:17 AM

I think this woman lied like totally. watch the video at the link it seems she's laughing at her made up story

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 119August 20, 2018 4:18 AM

He was 17. In what universe is this “child abuse”.? Please. Waste. Of. Time.

by Anonymousreply 120August 20, 2018 4:18 AM

He may have been 17 but Mr. Argento sounds like a predator so hypocrisy claim is warranted.

by Anonymousreply 121August 20, 2018 4:20 AM

I don't see what is all the fuss is about?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 122August 20, 2018 4:22 AM

[quote]statutory rape or not

It was statutory rape even if he consented since the age of consent in California is 18.

by Anonymousreply 123August 20, 2018 4:22 AM

R122 She's a beard that doesn't count

by Anonymousreply 124August 20, 2018 4:24 AM

R120 In California where the age of consent is 18. She first worked with him on her movie "The Heart Is Deceitful Above All Things" so she was probably grooming him for some time. In a sign of just how arrogant she is, she didn't have him sign an NDA probably believing no one would find out about it.

by Anonymousreply 125August 20, 2018 4:26 AM

In my view, it was consensual but he played her due to his poor finances.

Women have played the same game against men. Asia's accusations against Weinstein are the same thing. It's only fair that the tables be turned somtimes.

One of the best arguments that Asia could have in her defense is that Jimmy was still fanboying her after the "rape".

However, feminists can't employ that argument in her defense -- though they want to badly -- because they always say that accused male rapists can't use it when they have proof that their "victims" continued to seek their company after the supposed rapes.

by Anonymousreply 126August 20, 2018 4:26 AM

She has already been demoted in the MeeToo due to Anthony’s suicide. This won’t hurt her anymore than that....

He’s 17. And a obvious grifter. Next.

by Anonymousreply 127August 20, 2018 4:34 AM

[quote]In a sign of just how arrogant she is, she didn't have him sign an NDA probably believing no one would find out about it.

Wrong. She went in with full knowledge that he could disclose the agreement and the encounter. The payoff was to keep him from shaking her down for more money.

From the article.

The agreement does not prevent either party from discussing it. In the letter, Ms. Goldberg explained that California law does not allow nondisclosure agreements in civil contracts involving the types of allegations made by Mr. Bennett.

One alternative, Ms. Goldberg wrote, would be to work around the California law by using New York lawyers and arguing that the laws of New York govern the agreement.

“Ultimately, you decided against the non-disclosure language because you felt it was inconsistent with the public messages you’ve conveyed about the societal perils of non-disclosure agreements,” she wrote to Ms. Argento.

“Bennett could theoretically tell people his claims against you,” she wrote. “However, under this agreement, he cannot sue you for them. Nor can he post the photo of the two of you.”

“At the very least,” Ms. Goldberg added, “he is not permitted to bother you for more money, disparage you or sue — so long as you comply with your obligations in the agreement.”

by Anonymousreply 128August 20, 2018 4:35 AM

Rose and Asia seem mentally ill. They come off like actual child abuse survivors - damaged. And they were never going to be capable of holding it together to lead a movement.

Hope they get help, but I would advise not getting sucked into their never-ending thirst for drama, drama, drama.

by Anonymousreply 129August 20, 2018 4:41 AM

This is just the beginning. I doubt he’s the only one. She’s got a taste for young meat.

by Anonymousreply 130August 20, 2018 4:41 AM

Sorry, I’m in my 40’s and have people in my life that I have known since they were children. I couldn’t imagine sleeping with one of them. Argento has zero boundaries, she’s a complete nutter. Her father must have molested her or somebody did. She’s beyond messed up. She’s sick, sick, sick

by Anonymousreply 131August 20, 2018 4:41 AM

Yet so many of you cry pedophilia when it's a 16 year old girl! Hypocrites!

by Anonymousreply 132August 20, 2018 4:44 AM

A settlement is NOT an admission of guilt.

by Anonymousreply 133August 20, 2018 4:51 AM

In happier times...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 134August 20, 2018 4:54 AM

It's the main story on YAHOO so it's out there now

by Anonymousreply 135August 20, 2018 4:55 AM

So, who leaked the information? The NYT said it received the copies of the documents and the pictures in an encrypted email.

It was Black Cube, wasn't it?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 136August 20, 2018 4:56 AM

someone did it to her. so she did it to this kid. i wonder who else she did it to.

by Anonymousreply 137August 20, 2018 4:57 AM

What drives women to fuck with kids? I assumed most women had a better moral compass.

by Anonymousreply 138August 20, 2018 4:57 AM

Men and women are the same thing. What changes between the sexes is merely the frequency with which a behavior will appear in each. But if a behavior appears in men, it will at least occasionally appear among women as well, and vice-versa.

by Anonymousreply 139August 20, 2018 5:00 AM

#MeToo came full circle.

by Anonymousreply 140August 20, 2018 5:00 AM

The problem is that if she defends herself, that goes against the viewpoint that some supporters of MeToo and TimesUp have in that they feel that if an accused person defends themselves it's tantamount to calling the accuser a liar.

What's really a bad look is people posting pictures of AA and Bennett when he was a child which is making people who are skimming Twitter's timeline think this occurred when was 7.

by Anonymousreply 141August 20, 2018 5:02 AM

r139 I think you mean testosterone drives men to do a lot of stupid shit.

by Anonymousreply 142August 20, 2018 5:02 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 143August 20, 2018 5:02 AM

Had not heard that, R60. That would explain a lot if so.

She has very dark energy.

Pretty sure she has a 16 year old herself.

by Anonymousreply 144August 20, 2018 5:05 AM

What r17 said, period.

by Anonymousreply 145August 20, 2018 5:05 AM

[quote][R139] I think you mean testosterone drives men to do a lot of stupid shit.

No, that's not what I mean. I meant what I said.

And by the way, someone less gynocentric than you could phrase your argument as follows: women's overall higher levels of neuroticism prevents them from pursuing their (perverted) desires and commit crimes as often as men, but if they could just get hold of their general cowardliness and learn to take risks more, women would be as prone to violating the law as men.

by Anonymousreply 146August 20, 2018 5:07 AM

Bourdain was the one who paid off the kid, R68. Then she swanned off with the yummy but married Hugo Clement and was in every paper in Europe.

by Anonymousreply 147August 20, 2018 5:07 AM

Imagine your Bourdain - you paid off her sexual assault case, bought her a house, fired one of your longtime producers because she loathed him, started smoking again and drinking heavily to keep up with your much younger GF. Then you’re away working & see in the papers tgats she’s fucking a young hottie at the same hotel you two stayed at. You challenge her on it, she won’t stop calling you on set, she lashes out on social media. This is why he killed himself. She basically handed him the rope.

by Anonymousreply 148August 20, 2018 5:14 AM

[quote]I guess she likes her men to look more like women, hence her attraction to underage males. Still doesn't explain Bourdain though.

Meh, none of her public boyfriends have been pretty looking. More likely she's just a horny slut with an indiscriminate sex drive.

by Anonymousreply 149August 20, 2018 5:15 AM

Like this, R131?

It is beyond mental. She has a kid that age and she knew him when he was in second grade.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 150August 20, 2018 5:17 AM

This is really dark stuff. I feel sorry for Bourdain’s daughter who lost her father to a sicko nutcase.

by Anonymousreply 151August 20, 2018 5:26 AM

PEDO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 152August 20, 2018 5:26 AM

Funny how it's always such a struggle for everyone to admit when women do something wrong. She committed a crime, plain and fucking simple! She should be charged too!

by Anonymousreply 153August 20, 2018 5:28 AM

R150 That picture is fucked up. That's a Michael Jackson level of creepiness. And she was so open about it too. Posting about it on Instagram and Twitter...I can't believe nobody picked up on it.

by Anonymousreply 154August 20, 2018 5:28 AM

Also...like we haven't been seeing 20 and 30 y/o female teachers fucking their male students for decades? Some don't even get jail time. Sorry but you don't get the ability to ruin men's career with one accusation and not have to face consequences when you do something. Also don't think Harvey committed statutory....

by Anonymousreply 155August 20, 2018 5:31 AM

Just an FYI, I knew nothing of this.

by Anonymousreply 156August 20, 2018 5:32 AM

16 year old having sex with a 17 year old is OK in my book. But she is 20 years older than him, that is criminal. If a guy did this, everyone would be asking for jail time.

by Anonymousreply 157August 20, 2018 5:34 AM

I know plenty of women and out of them all, there is only one who I'd label as sexually indiscriminate, bordering on predatory. I think true female predator are rare, especially compared to men, but they do exist. Ironically, the one I know slept with her neighbour's/friend's 17 year old son when she was about 40. It's not so much that she raped or sexually assaulted him or that he wasn't willing, but it's the fact that her behavior was gross and indiscriminate.

This particular woman is the only female I've ever heard of who'd literally been barred from different bars due to her sexually aggressive behavior, especially when she was drinking. I was very young at the time and surprised that the men she'd become aggressive with didn't appreciate always appreciate her advances, but looking back, who really wants a sloppy drunk rubbing up against you while you're minding your own business? Most of the guys would be polite, and you could tell that some thought she was pathetic, a few indulged her, but one or two told her outright to fuck off, and some even complained, which is part of the reason why she ended up being barred. A mutual friend and I used to say that if she were a guy someone would punched her out. This woman would just about sleep with any man, and she was married. She must have cheated on her husband with at least a dozen men that I knew.

I believe that women like this are rare, even very rare, but they do exist. And no, I'm not excusing anyone, man or woman, who behaves this way, nor do I feel that women are near as bad for this behavior.

by Anonymousreply 158August 20, 2018 5:42 AM

[quote] Sorry but you don't get the ability to ruin men's career with one accusation

Um...Harvey's had like 80...

by Anonymousreply 159August 20, 2018 5:43 AM

R159 I was saying that's the climate, not ticking off the number of Harvey's gurls...

by Anonymousreply 160August 20, 2018 5:48 AM

R87 yep. In any other westernized country, what happened would be sleazy but regrettable sex. What makes America so bizarre is the hypocrisy. We're a sleazy porn obsessed culture where 12 year olds dress like hookers but our statutory laws are very strict and we constantly wave a puritanical finger at everyone else. I think alot of the sexual neurosis and paranoia you see in young people is a reflection of this. I don't think a couple regrettable sexual experiences do that much harm. I think alot of young people, women in particular, are encouraged to see themselves as perpetual victims if they regret sleeping with someone. Poverty, bullying and mental illness are the types of things that really ruin lives.

by Anonymousreply 161August 20, 2018 5:51 AM

R161

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 162August 20, 2018 5:54 AM

**I think the neighbor's kid in my post at r158 was younger than 17. At any rate, he was somewhere between 15-17.**

by Anonymousreply 163August 20, 2018 5:55 AM

She is over. I mean I have no idea what she does, apart from being a classless car wash cunt. So whatever she is, she is over

by Anonymousreply 164August 20, 2018 6:01 AM

Anthony Bourdain Was Defending Asia Argento, Attacking Harvey Weinstein, At the Same He Was Helping “Navigate” Settlement with Underage Actor

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 165August 20, 2018 6:16 AM

R162 161 here. Thanks for posting that, I got a laugh. Haven't seen that one in years.

by Anonymousreply 166August 20, 2018 6:30 AM

[quote] In any other westernized country, what happened would be sleazy but regrettable sex.

Not in Britain, Canada, Australia, or I think in Scandinavia.

by Anonymousreply 167August 20, 2018 7:21 AM

unbelievable!

by Anonymousreply 168August 20, 2018 7:39 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 169August 20, 2018 7:43 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 170August 20, 2018 7:43 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 171August 20, 2018 7:44 AM

No way her father didn’t molest her as a child.

by Anonymousreply 172August 20, 2018 7:56 AM

R172 Why do you think her father molested her?

by Anonymousreply 173August 20, 2018 8:06 AM

Didn't this kid's character sleep with one of his mother's boyfriends in the movie they were in together?

by Anonymousreply 174August 20, 2018 8:22 AM

R174 Think the son character was raped.

by Anonymousreply 175August 20, 2018 8:24 AM

[quote]This is why he killed himself. She basically handed him the rope.

Maybe she killed him herself.

And made it look like suicide.

by Anonymousreply 176August 20, 2018 8:26 AM

I didn't see it, R175, but didn't he cross dress and seduce Marilyn Manson's character at one point?

by Anonymousreply 177August 20, 2018 8:33 AM

I think this is Asia with Jimmy when he was 7 years old:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 178August 20, 2018 8:41 AM

Isn't this the plot of every teen boy virgin wanna get laid by an older woman movie? Except for the money part.

by Anonymousreply 179August 20, 2018 8:42 AM

R179 And not by a women he has known since he was a child, eeek

by Anonymousreply 180August 20, 2018 8:44 AM

R170 now we know she fucked Terry Richardson

by Anonymousreply 181August 20, 2018 9:17 AM

Photo from Argento's Instagram on the day she allegedly had sex with Jimmy:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 182August 20, 2018 9:19 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 183August 20, 2018 9:20 AM

Damn Daily Mail. Their link went to a video of Harvey Weinstein.

by Anonymousreply 184August 20, 2018 9:21 AM

Jimmy at the premiere of Movie 43 wearing the tampon suit.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 185August 20, 2018 9:23 AM

R113 Sciorra hasn't engaged in the kinds of publicity stunts that McGowan and Argento have had, so I think she' genuine.

by Anonymousreply 186August 20, 2018 9:24 AM

Argento posted this on Twitter in March 2013:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 187August 20, 2018 9:27 AM

oh my god, the poor kid probably has herpes from being "raped" by her. The fucking whore fucked everyone...

by Anonymousreply 188August 20, 2018 9:36 AM

The photos that drove Bourdain over the edge:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 189August 20, 2018 9:40 AM

So DL, who would you rather? Anthony Rapp or Jimmy Bennett?

by Anonymousreply 190August 20, 2018 9:41 AM

The Sprouse twins always seem to have an air of sadness(Dylan more so than Cole). I bet they experienced some heavy shit as kid actors.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 191August 20, 2018 9:42 AM

is there any proof that it was Bourdain who gave Asia the money to fix this legal mess? or is it just speculation? Asia is on X-Factor Italia starting next month. They must be shitting bricks over this.

by Anonymousreply 192August 20, 2018 9:46 AM

R191, since the Sprouse twins worked with Argento, people are probably going to start asking some questions.

by Anonymousreply 193August 20, 2018 9:46 AM

The guy blackmailed her and she was never raped by Harvey. The me too movement was disgusting as far as I can see. We lost Al Frankin who was a good congressman and I will not forgive that.

by Anonymousreply 194August 20, 2018 9:51 AM

Asia with Jimmy & the Sprouse Twins:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 195August 20, 2018 9:54 AM

So Asia Argento played his mother in a movie ten years ago? And this means that she was in a mother son relationship with him? Bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 196August 20, 2018 9:56 AM

R194 Maybe Al should not have felt that womens' tits?

by Anonymousreply 197August 20, 2018 9:58 AM

People are now going to wonder if she fucked the Sprouse Twins.

by Anonymousreply 198August 20, 2018 10:00 AM

R192

We only know that it was Bourdain's attorney who was involved w/ the settlement. We don't know if he paid for the attorney and paid off Bennett. Most likely Bourdain did.

by Anonymousreply 199August 20, 2018 10:03 AM

Look at this photo on Asia's Instagram from April 2013:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 200August 20, 2018 10:04 AM

R196 She has a strong mother/son fetish and referred to him as her son long after the movie was over. The following Instagram post is from the day she raped him: "Waiting for my long lost son my love @jimmymbennett in trepidation #marinadelrey smoking cigarettes like there was no next week"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 201August 20, 2018 10:04 AM

Looking back on the photos of her with and without him between 2013-2016, she really needs to get that mole that is growing above her eyebrow checked. ASIA, YOU IN DANGER GIRL!

by Anonymousreply 202August 20, 2018 10:05 AM

And Bourdain bought her a house worth around a million. He was spending money for her like a besotted fool.

by Anonymousreply 203August 20, 2018 10:07 AM

R199 I agree. The money had to have come from Bourdain. She has not worked much in recent years.

by Anonymousreply 204August 20, 2018 10:09 AM

R203 Have men turned on Bourdain yet, having finally figured out he was a cunt struck baby throwing money at this total sack of shit?

by Anonymousreply 205August 20, 2018 10:09 AM

Could a lawyer on DL explain something for us?

How was it legal for this settlement agreement to have been arranged in the first place?

If it's a crime for an adult to have sex with a minor under 18 in California, how can it be legal for lawyers with knowledge of that crime to participate in a settlement agreement?

by Anonymousreply 206August 20, 2018 10:11 AM

The Goldberg letter focuses on assault, battery, emotional distress, and the photograph and the rights to the photograph. I guess that gives the lawyer an out - or perhaps the lawyer genuinely didn't know actual sex was involved.

by Anonymousreply 207August 20, 2018 10:16 AM

Can the State of California prosecute her for statutory rape now that this is out?

by Anonymousreply 208August 20, 2018 10:18 AM

R208 Only if he bothers to press charge. I doubt he would since he took the pay off, which can also be considered blackmail money.

by Anonymousreply 209August 20, 2018 10:20 AM

Interesting

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 210August 20, 2018 10:21 AM

R194 what happened with Franken was outrageous. My favorite "victim " is the narcissistic nutbag Tina Dupuy, who claimed that him placing his hand on her waist for a photo was a gross personal violation that left her shaken. She's typical of this generation's crop of female journalists. Spoiled, privileged cunts who scream about everyone else's privilege while being blind to their own. Read Dupuys facebook page, she has a huge victimisation fetish.

by Anonymousreply 211August 20, 2018 10:23 AM

It's an industry that feeds off the addictions its participants have, then manipulates them into an addictive product. It's a freak show.

by Anonymousreply 212August 20, 2018 10:23 AM

Fuck you, ignorant asshole at R197. Al was not touching her tits, it was a joke...he kissed her on stage against her will and I guess he was too Jewish for her. For Christ sake, a man loses his important job because of a sloppy kiss 10 years ago! So stupid!

by Anonymousreply 213August 20, 2018 10:25 AM

This thread is a freak show. She wasn't his mother.

by Anonymousreply 214August 20, 2018 10:25 AM

Since he took the money instead of reporting the crime, does that make him a prostitute or a blackmailer?

by Anonymousreply 215August 20, 2018 10:27 AM

R214, she may not have been his actual mother, but they had a mother-son relationship because of the film and the age difference.

If you on Twitter right now there are thousands of people posting their disgust.

by Anonymousreply 216August 20, 2018 10:27 AM

R213 But, two blonde wasp American princesses were made slightly uncomfortable. That is WAY more important than any good he would have done for his constituents.

by Anonymousreply 217August 20, 2018 10:29 AM

Asia stopped posting on Twitter & Instagram a month ago.

Did she know the NYT was investigating this?

by Anonymousreply 218August 20, 2018 10:30 AM

James Gunn along with Dylan Sprouse called out Jared Leto....and for Gunn it wasn't the first time doing so, but he then ended up apologizing to Leto. I guess the second time he wasn't so lucky and karma bit him in the ass.....

by Anonymousreply 219August 20, 2018 10:31 AM

R218 I don't think so because in these months she was busy recording X factor Italy....now I doubt she will continue.

by Anonymousreply 220August 20, 2018 10:32 AM

R216 I don't find it disgusting at all. It's lack of legal consent especially with the alcohol involved, but saying she raped him is a bit much. What 17 yo horny hetero boy will think twice having sex with an older woman?

by Anonymousreply 221August 20, 2018 10:34 AM

rose speaks

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 222August 20, 2018 10:35 AM

[quote]What 17 yo horny hetero boy will think twice having sex with an older woman?

R221, you sound like a straight guy when you say stuff like that.

And this is not a normal situation.

This is a woman he knew since he was a little boy.

She was like a mother to him.

by Anonymousreply 223August 20, 2018 10:43 AM

No, R216, they did not have a mother-son relationship. What you describe does not constitute a mother son relationship.

I am not on Twitter now or ever, thank god. Beyond that, I have no interest in taking cues or instruction from online mobs of god only knows what kind of loony scum.

Since you take an interest in what large numbers of people think, millions voted for Trump and millions voted for Hitler. Hmm....

by Anonymousreply 224August 20, 2018 10:43 AM

No, R223, she was not like a mother to him.

How many years did she spend living with him and raising him? None. Don't be so fucking melodramatic.

by Anonymousreply 225August 20, 2018 10:48 AM

Miss Argento so seems to leave quite a trail of destruction in her wake.

by Anonymousreply 226August 20, 2018 10:48 AM

R223 Like a mother is not even close to being a mother! Unless she was raising him, cooking and cleaning for him every day, she ain't his mom. The only issue is the age. If he were 18+ and had sex with her. It would be legal and completely their own business.

by Anonymousreply 227August 20, 2018 10:56 AM

R224 the most hilarious part is the mobs of looney scum, as you so correctly call them, probably regular support institutions, businesses and social mores that do way more damage than a regrettable drunken fuck. But they only care when it involves sex. Note how no one gives a fuck about who works with the psycho Mark Wahlberg(who never gave restitution to his victim ) but they regular boycott actors, directors, singers for real or perceived sexual infractions.

by Anonymousreply 228August 20, 2018 11:05 AM

Of course, they didn't have a mother son relationship, but it sure does appear that Asia thought herself a mother-figure. Who knows what she conjured up in her mind that led her to share those "maternal" feelings on her social media.

by Anonymousreply 229August 20, 2018 11:08 AM

Exactly, R229.

I don't think a few of the posters above realize how bizarre this looks to most people.

Most women do not have sex with teenage boys that they have known since they were little kids and who used to play their sons.

by Anonymousreply 230August 20, 2018 11:13 AM

The issue is that this predatory fake feminist bitch cried rape, stood up at an industry event berating the audience about sexual abuse in the entertainment industry and made herself the face of the metoo movement while engaging in the very behaviour she claimed to despise.

Others may come forward now and it would be rather delicious if she found herself in the same situation as the odious Weinstein, a man she happily fucked for years.

by Anonymousreply 231August 20, 2018 11:19 AM

R194 9 women accused Al Franken of sexual harassment. Do you think they're all lying?

by Anonymousreply 232August 20, 2018 11:20 AM

This is how young Jimmy Bennett was when Asia Argento worked with him. She knew him as a child and stands accused paying him off $380,000 after grooming him in a mother-son style relationship and turning the relationship sexual right after he turned 17.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 233August 20, 2018 11:21 AM

Asia Argento sexually abused a minor. Asia Argento was sexually abused by Harvey Weinstein. These two events neither intersect nor should the consequences of either circumstance affect each other. Both are unacceptable.

by Anonymousreply 234August 20, 2018 11:23 AM

We must not let Asia Argento's alleged abusive behavior be used to derail the #MeToo cause

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 235August 20, 2018 11:25 AM

What is with all this bullshit, R232? Did you spend too much time watching Ghouliani this weekend? Is he contagious? I had no idea.

So, an arm placed casually and briefly around a waist with no other contact is sexual harassment? That's one of your nine accusers. Were these accusations brought to the authorities at the time or just to the media many years later?

by Anonymousreply 236August 20, 2018 11:26 AM

R235 Argento destroys derails and fucks up everything she is ever involved in

by Anonymousreply 237August 20, 2018 11:26 AM

R222, So I take it Rose feels betrayed by Asia and is going to drop her like a hot potato. I have a feeling this isn't going to end well. First was all the Weinstein stuff with people disbelieving her and calling her a whore. Then she had Anthony die, much of the public blamed her for it, and now this story comes out. So far all she appears to have lost is a best friend and her credibility in the #MeToo movement. What is next? Job opportunities? Her own children, perhaps?

Will this be another Polanski situation where she never comes back to this country? Or will she decide to do the same thing Anthony did and end it all? Or will it be like Lena Dunham where people on social media always give her a hard time but there are never any consequences? Only time will tell.

by Anonymousreply 238August 20, 2018 11:26 AM

R238, they're obviously going to have to fire her from X Factor Italia.

by Anonymousreply 239August 20, 2018 11:29 AM

The wrath of Harvey has always been terrible to behold and his ability to reach out and destroy people has always been strong. I wonder how much this Argento accuser cost him?

by Anonymousreply 240August 20, 2018 11:30 AM

R238, Speaking of Polanski, she was one of many celebrities to sign a petition calling for his release. When she was called out for hypocrisy when the Weinstein accusations were just surfacing, she released this little statement on Twitter.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 241August 20, 2018 11:33 AM

I don't know why, R239, California is one of the few places in the world (along with Turkey and Malta) dumb enough to set the age of consent at 18. In Italy it's 14 so I can't imagine they'd have a big probem with a 17 year old having sex.

by Anonymousreply 242August 20, 2018 11:34 AM

R242 Age of consent in Malta is 16, not 18.

by Anonymousreply 243August 20, 2018 11:37 AM

this shows that mob justice is fucking wrong. I have no doubt that Harvey assaulted women, but this shit must be brought to court. this crusade against anyone who touched someone 25 years ago is absurd. almost anyone could be guilty if you dig in their past long enough. Asia is no heroine but obviously a very troubled soul. things are never black or white.

by Anonymousreply 244August 20, 2018 11:38 AM

[quote]Speaking of Polanski, she was one of many celebrities to sign a petition calling for his release.

That's not going to look good.

by Anonymousreply 245August 20, 2018 11:40 AM

I just heard this story for the first time about 15 minutes ago when I started reading the thread, and it's hilarious to see the hysteria bloom.

At first it was creepy because he played her son in a film. Then it was creepy because she'd watched him grow up. Then she was a mother figure to him for most of his life. Now it's that she was basically his actual mother who groomed him for years so she could force him into sex the second he turned 17.

Some of you need to calm yer tits.

by Anonymousreply 246August 20, 2018 11:51 AM

[quote]Fucking a kid barely past 16 years of age when you are pushing 40 is an act of exploitation and manipulation.

Is that anything like manipulating ages to exaggerate a situation?

He wasn't barely 17, he'd turned 17 three months prior. And Argento was 37 and several months away from turning 38, not 40 or even that close to it.

What's strange is that he was 9 months too young to consent per CA law, so there's no reason to exaggerate about his age. Not unless you're trying to push the pedo angle.

by Anonymousreply 247August 20, 2018 11:57 AM

Is it so hard to understand that when there is a professional relationship adult/teen/young adult, the adult is in a more powerful position due to simple hierarchy director/actor or because it's a guiding figure like teacher/student, the younger person is in a vulnerable position by default, even if they think it's cool themselves to be sexual as in "so cool i fucked my own teacher/director/boss",even if they are physically more powerful than the adult, it's fucked.

It's not about the sex act it's about abusing your power and your position. Asia as a professional director took advantage of someone who depended on her and who was in such a difficult time that impaired his own judgment, the moment she spoke about a movie role soon after having sex with him; is everything she's been preaching against in her whole metoo mov.

by Anonymousreply 248August 20, 2018 12:17 PM

Maybe this explains the total media blackout of all things pertaining to Bourdain. For someone who made his career in the media, I thought there was a marked lack of coverage after his death. No tributes or funeral coverage, no staff or crew interviews.

by Anonymousreply 249August 20, 2018 12:17 PM

What do you think is behind it, R249?

by Anonymousreply 250August 20, 2018 12:20 PM

This would be more interesting if she pegged him.

by Anonymousreply 251August 20, 2018 12:26 PM

i'm afraid asia could do something stupid. she's troubled but she's not evil.

by Anonymousreply 252August 20, 2018 12:34 PM

she's not evil but she's extremely messy, she pissed off so many people and this will damage completely the metoo mov in italy which is one of the most conservatives countries when dealing with sexism and sexual assaults, only country to react negatively and show little support....she basically proved the point the most old fashion and radical far-right media was (wrongly) making about her.

she managed to piss off everybody, she extremely rude and aggressive nobody wants to deal with her.

by Anonymousreply 253August 20, 2018 12:40 PM

i know. sad that this mess Will give more ammo to all those conservative italian pundits who basically called a whore

by Anonymousreply 254August 20, 2018 12:48 PM

Laura Albert (author of The Heart Is Deceitful Above All Things) had this to say on Facebook. She is also Tweeting about it:

[quote]I cannot wrap my head around how Asia Argento after playing such a role as Sarah - (revealing a deeper truth about aspects of herself...) could continue to play this shit out (while hurl shit at anyone that tried to call her on it )– by Initiating a sexual relationship with jimmy who played her child in a film that dealt with the horrors of child abuse (based on the FICTIONAL Heart is Deceitful book ) ... I am so fucking infuriated and horrified & enraged & disgusted & mourn for jimmy - but again ...I am sadly not fucking surprised but it’s hard for me to Truly wrap my head around – and again I’m someone who KNOWS what TWISTER SHIT Argento is fucking fully capable of. And motherfuckers that want to say it was leaked by Harvey ?! you know what fuck off! I don’t care if BEELZEBUB fucking leaked it – it’s wrong- sick twisted fucking perverted abuse of power - that Argento did... outta what ?! Why? Why on earth would she ever EVER Consider doing THIS ? ....unless she just wanted to collect the whole set - from the heart is deceitful.... I’m sorry I’m done going high when they go low – this IS fucking child abuse. Asia was furious coz I said she seduced JT to get the rights to The Heart in Author: The JT LeRoy Story - I mean Savannah was down - but to do this to Jimmy? !!! So gross

by Anonymousreply 255August 20, 2018 12:53 PM

“but if they could just get hold of their general cowardliness and learn to take risks more, women would be as prone to violating the law as men.”

Only a man could write something this fucked up. Men are “risk takers and not cowardly” hence the sociopathic, destructive behavior that costs societies around the work billions of dollars in damage aka “breaking the law”. I think men should pay a special violence tax.

by Anonymousreply 256August 20, 2018 12:55 PM

And a link to her tweets

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 257August 20, 2018 1:01 PM

Laura Albert:

I think he was 16... the dynamic of what she played out -Asia was his director – and played his mother –– it is a psychodynamic of perverted power dynamic. Man, I know my illness - I work hard to be of service- to protect kids - Asia Argento cares about no one -

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 258August 20, 2018 1:04 PM

I think between Bourdain and Argento, they were both unstable characters who were attracted to each other for incompatible reasons. He thought he'd found the love of his life because here was this attractive, successful woman seemingly wanting to have sex with him despite his alcohol-induced premature aging, while she thought her profile would be raised by dating Bourdain. Thing is, Bourdain would have probably ended up with someone like her, one way or another, and vice versa. Did she really have that much money? I thought she was alienated from her father and the rest of her family? Interesting how they both suffered from unintended consequences of the relationship.

by Anonymousreply 259August 20, 2018 1:05 PM

The speculation on Bourdain is hysterical in two meanings of the word, the pure fantasy about his gay sexuality being the most hysterical. That part is pretty hilarious.

I suspected at the time she may have been a reason (apart from his long bouts with depression and use of substances) that he took his life, but didn't quite feel the picture of her hugging a guy was what did it, because that wasn't much evidence of a romance going on in those pictures of her with that other guy.

The NY Times article did not say that Bourdain personally supplied the pay-off money to Bennett. It said: "Mr. Bourdain helped Ms. Argento navigate the matter" apparently through his lawyers, but the degree of navigation was not specified. And where did people get the info that he bought her a house? I'm not disputing that because I never really doubted she was a reason for his suicide. I think she was probably toxic for him and she's definitely troubled.

And of course there's the hypocrisy of it all.

by Anonymousreply 260August 20, 2018 1:08 PM

R60, her dad - Dario Argento - is one of the most renowned horror directors.

by Anonymousreply 261August 20, 2018 1:19 PM

I love the people screaming "But she didn't make him sign an NDA!" like that excuses her behaviour.

by Anonymousreply 262August 20, 2018 1:42 PM

r141 If people who don't read closely end up thinking the abuse occurred when Bennett was 7, that really is too bad. But then again, this is exactly the lack of scrutiny that #MeToo encouraged, that you have to believe an accuser for no other reason than that she spoke up.

r235 Argento will derail #MeToo, and it should. The movement has devolved into trial by publicity, not just shunning thorough investigation but, worse, arguing that conclusive evidence is unnecessary.

We can all quibble about California's legal age of consent, but California is where the incident occurred and California's age of consent is where the line needs to be drawn. Argento knew where this line was and crossed it anyway.

by Anonymousreply 263August 20, 2018 1:46 PM

[quote]Laura Albert (author of The Heart Is Deceitful Above All Things) had this to say on Facebook. She is also Tweeting about it:

Fuck her. She's on Twitter hinting that she has deep, dark knowledge on AA and about how AA pushed Harvey to make the film. Bitch went along with it too to get the film made so she could further perpetuate this myth about JT Leroy. No honor among thieves.

by Anonymousreply 264August 20, 2018 1:55 PM

I teach high school. I spend most of my days with 17-year-olds. I thought CMBYN was gross and I think this is gross. I wouldn’t wish sex with a 30something on a teenager. I don’t think it’s good for them at that developmental stage. I don’t think it’s too much to ask for grown ups not to diddle teens. I don’t get why people defend it.

by Anonymousreply 265August 20, 2018 2:02 PM

16 is the age of consent in much of the world. 16 is the age of consent here in the U.K. I find this thread a bit bewildering since in Britain 17 would be considered ‘old enough’. It seems it was consensual, so the only thing making this sexual assault is age.

by Anonymousreply 266August 20, 2018 2:22 PM

R268, Yes, but there is also the fact she knew him since he was 7 that makes it extra creepy. Plus, she played his mother in the movie so he likely saw her as a parent figure. And since she directed in addition to acting, there was also that power dynamic of boss/employee. Then she promised him a role in a future movie (which never happened but that is beside the point).

One could argue she groomed him and abused her power. Many tweets to him and about him over the years (before and after the alleged rape) lend credibility to this theory in my opinion.

by Anonymousreply 267August 20, 2018 2:39 PM

how about since it's illegal you just don't do it?

by Anonymousreply 268August 20, 2018 2:41 PM

You keep telling yourself that R10.

by Anonymousreply 269August 20, 2018 2:42 PM

Will this really put the kibosh on X Factor? Italian TV is known to be extremely salacious (geriatric strip poker anyone?). If anything this should drive up ratings. People want to see the train wreck and, as others have said, despite the creepiness of it all, it would not have been illegal had it happened in Italy.

by Anonymousreply 270August 20, 2018 2:52 PM

At least we won’t have to hear more speeches from her about what a victim she is. She was paid by Weinstein to be his mistress and AB paid the kid off. She’s no victim.

by Anonymousreply 271August 20, 2018 2:59 PM

[quote]At least we won’t have to hear more speeches from her about what a victim she is.

Thank God for that. Now we need someone to find some dirt on Rose so #SheToo will shut the fuck up.

by Anonymousreply 272August 20, 2018 3:04 PM

It doesn’t matter if that’s technically true R133. The broader public perceives that a settlement is an admission of guilt, and that can be extraordinarily damaging for a career that relies on reputation.

by Anonymousreply 273August 20, 2018 3:05 PM

R270 she's despised in Italy and for that alone I think she will quit herself after this. She recorded only the selections which is usually few episodes.

by Anonymousreply 274August 20, 2018 3:05 PM

Laura Albert is a literal con artist who bilked millions out of gullible rubes. She has zero credibility. In any other age, she’d have been deservedly drawn and quartered.

by Anonymousreply 275August 20, 2018 3:07 PM

I worked with Anthony Bourdain and although he was difficult at times he was very smart and could be very respectful of other people and cultures. It's depressing to me that he got hooked up with a trashy low-life like this one and put so much on the line for her. A big mistake.

by Anonymousreply 276August 20, 2018 3:10 PM

[quote]I suspected at the time she may have been a reason (apart from his long bouts with depression and use of substances) that he took his life, but didn't quite feel the picture of her hugging a guy was what did it, because that wasn't much evidence of a romance going on in those pictures of her with that other guy.

It was pictureS, plural, and they show way more than hugging, you doofus. You clearly don't know what you're talking about.

by Anonymousreply 277August 20, 2018 3:11 PM

r277, were the fucking? No. So why don't you go fuck yourself.

by Anonymousreply 278August 20, 2018 3:22 PM

r1 has issues.

F/F, please

by Anonymousreply 279August 20, 2018 3:25 PM

R277 fuck off please....like they didn't have an open relationship lol

by Anonymousreply 280August 20, 2018 3:27 PM

A settlement is not an admission of guilt.

But pictures of her in bed breast naked with a teenager might as well be.

by Anonymousreply 281August 20, 2018 3:27 PM

I think she is a creepy and predatory woman who uses people and has sexual problem but I also think her talented and beautiful. She wrote and directed a movie called Misunderstood that was supposedly based on her childhood that would explain some of her neurosis and issues. I am not saying what she did is ok to be clear.

by Anonymousreply 282August 20, 2018 3:29 PM

R280 Bourdain unfollowed her on social media he before he died. If they had an open relationship, he didn't know about it.

by Anonymousreply 283August 20, 2018 3:29 PM

"almost anyone could be guilty if you dig in their past long enough." Guilty of having sex with a minor? OK.

by Anonymousreply 284August 20, 2018 3:30 PM

Rose and Rosanna Arquette are questioning the story.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 285August 20, 2018 3:32 PM

Arquette seems to think it's a set up.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 286August 20, 2018 3:33 PM

R286 And she's getting roasted by Twitter. This response to her tweet is perfect: "Tread carefully. If the goal is to believe victims, you don’t pick and chose...that’s literally been what the fight is about."

by Anonymousreply 287August 20, 2018 3:37 PM

There was a scene in the JT Leroy documentary showing her obviously seducing the fake JT Leroy to secure her being involved in making a movie of the novel. She is very obviously someone who is not above using her body to get what she wants.

by Anonymousreply 288August 20, 2018 3:37 PM

Of course it's a set up! How can anyone think this wasn't sent from Harvey? That doesn't negate that it happened.

by Anonymousreply 289August 20, 2018 3:38 PM

Notice how the director insinuates she slept with other people in the movie "Why on earth would she ever EVER Consider doing THIS ? ....unless she just wanted to collect the whole set - from the heart is deceitful."

by Anonymousreply 290August 20, 2018 3:40 PM

Sorry Rose, but all victims must be believed. Remember?

by Anonymousreply 291August 20, 2018 3:41 PM

[quote] 16 is the age of consent in much of the world. 16 is the age of consent here in the U.K. I find this thread a bit bewildering since in Britain 17 would be considered ‘old enough’. It seems it was consensual, so the only thing making this sexual assault is age.

It is not the age of consent in California, she also plied him with alcohol, groomed him, got him away from his parents, was nearly 40, knew him since he wasn’t even 10 years ago, and paid him tons of money to keep his mouth shut about it. How many other times has she done this? She’s s sick fuck.

by Anonymousreply 292August 20, 2018 3:42 PM

Has AA commented yet?

by Anonymousreply 293August 20, 2018 3:47 PM

I doubt this is her only time with underage meat. Watch that space.

by Anonymousreply 294August 20, 2018 3:49 PM

Another perv is Brad Pitt here's Pitt with one of his underage girlfriends

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 295August 20, 2018 3:49 PM

R294 Is she the female Franco?

by Anonymousreply 296August 20, 2018 3:50 PM

Where did she even get 380K ? Her dad makes schlocky horror flicks and she does...what does she actually do?

by Anonymousreply 297August 20, 2018 3:55 PM

Asia Argento

Actress | Director | Writer

by Anonymousreply 298August 20, 2018 3:58 PM

I don't know that she groomed him, R292, but what she did (if all true) was gross and inappropriate, especially given that she knew him when he was a child and that she was so much older. I'm pretty sure that if she had been much younger this wouldn't be much of a story. Personally, I think 17 is too young, age of consent laws or not, and not because a 17 year old doesn't want to have sex, I just think they're too young to make wise decisions and the older person should be the responsible one. I said upthread that I doubt the kid was traumatized, but that doesn't make it OK, and this doesn't mean that Asia wasn't victimized by HW.

I don't think this will harm the #metoo movement any more than some of the other wishy-washy stories did, (I'm not talking about HW), but situations like the woman who accused Kevin Spacey, the guy who accused George Takei, and even the woman who accused Aziz Ansari of sexual misconduct.

Bottom line, don't ply underage kids with booze and then have sex with them, it's really not that hard. It doesn't matter what the age of consent in Italy, Britain, or anywhere else is. This happened in California and that's all that matters. Sure, there's some attractive 17 year olds out there, but why must adults 20 years older have sex with them and why do they even want to?

by Anonymousreply 299August 20, 2018 3:58 PM

Quit saying "she has just made life a hell of a lot harder for genuine rape victims in the entertainment industry," and "Annabella Sciorra is grouped with them — I hope Sciorra isn't phony!" or, "No one is going to believe Harvey is a rapist now!"

Harvey Weinstein has already admitted his own guilt. He has 60 accusers with lots of receipts and witnesses.

Most of them aren't hypocrites and it's not going to alter anyone's guilt. Especially in "the court of public opinion" which knows O.J. killed two people.

by Anonymousreply 300August 20, 2018 3:58 PM

E283 so what? he perfectly knew who he was dealing with,she's always been open about her ways. It's like dating ben affleck and killing yourself because he's a drunk ass. You keep pushing this story like she's responsible for the someone's mental health when they spent an entire life battling depression and addictions. She has plenty of shit to deal with without adding this silly crap.

by Anonymousreply 301August 20, 2018 4:02 PM

I hate this bitch, because MeToo needed to happen and she's just killed it.

by Anonymousreply 302August 20, 2018 4:03 PM

meant for R283

by Anonymousreply 303August 20, 2018 4:03 PM

She didn't kill #metoo, R302. She made herself look like a massive hypocrite is all, and Rose Mc Gowan is appearing to be one as well by telling people to "be gentle."

by Anonymousreply 304August 20, 2018 4:04 PM

R236 Fuck you. Just because I don't defend Democratic predators, I'm a Republican?

He got off on making women uncomfortable ala Louis CK.

by Anonymousreply 305August 20, 2018 4:05 PM

I haven't seen Jimmy Bennett in a movie in years. The last I remember him was as that bratty brother in Orphan. I love that scene where Esther makes him pee his pants by threatening him with the box cutter and said that if he tells anyone what he did she'll "cut his hairless little prick off before he even figures out what it's for." It was really shocking at the time to hear a child actress say that. She was really rough on his character.

by Anonymousreply 306August 20, 2018 4:05 PM

Rosanna Arquette has now deleted her tweets

by Anonymousreply 307August 20, 2018 4:43 PM

r304, what else is new with McGowan?

by Anonymousreply 308August 20, 2018 4:43 PM

Yes, let's be gentle, as McGowan admonishes us. Proceed with caution, the way she's always proposed with every man who has ever been accused. Oh, wait...

by Anonymousreply 309August 20, 2018 4:51 PM

Someone took screenshots, R307. Internet is forever!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 310August 20, 2018 4:52 PM

[quote]I think 17 is too young, age of consent laws or not, and not because a 17 year old doesn't want to have sex, I just think they're too young to make wise decisions

Let's say this happened in the final hours of his being 17...that he would be turning 18 in one hour before they had sex. Does turning 18 suddenly imbue him with wisdom or the ability to make wise decisions? It's a legality issue. Someone in NY being legal at 17 doesn't mean that they make better decisions to a 17-year old who is considered a minor in California and other states. They're just able to consent.

Honestly, if this happened when he was 18 she would still get criticized because of the perceived nature of their relationship.  I don't buy the idea that he viewed her as a mother figure just because they did a film where they played father and son. He referred to her as "momma" and she referred to him as her "son" in reference to the roles. Tom Cruise played Dakota Fanning's father in a film and he still sends her birthday gifts. I doubt they interact outside of that.

She fucked up, but this will only impact MeToo if people allow it to.

by Anonymousreply 311August 20, 2018 4:57 PM

[quote] 16 year old having sex with a 17 year old is OK in my book.

We're all marvelling at your open-mindedness. A true libertine.

by Anonymousreply 312August 20, 2018 4:59 PM

The entire Twitter scenario she posted for the world to see--a middle-aged woman stewing in her lust and chain smoking in a hotel room as she desperately waits for him to arrive so that she can seduce him (if that was in fact the first and only time, and what are the odds of that?) is pretty pathetic as well as repellent. And his response: "I'm on my way! :)" shows he knew what Mommy had in mind.

by Anonymousreply 313August 20, 2018 5:03 PM

[quote] Not in Britain, Canada, Australia, or I think in Scandinavia.

You're wrong, r167. It would be legal in all of those countries.

Setting the age of consent at 18 is an absolute outlier.

by Anonymousreply 314August 20, 2018 5:04 PM

Rose's new love interest...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 315August 20, 2018 5:07 PM

Rose's love interest will always be herself.

by Anonymousreply 316August 20, 2018 5:10 PM

This tweet didn't age well:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 317August 20, 2018 5:10 PM

I wonder if Anthony Bourdain heard this about her gf Asia before he hung himself?

by Anonymousreply 318August 20, 2018 5:11 PM

Of course not, R311, but the legal line has to be drawn somewhere, and I agree that even providing an 18 year old alcohol and then having sex with him/her is morally questionable, even if it's not illegal, especially given the 20 year age difference.

Here's another tweet of Rosanna's that she didn't delete.

by Anonymousreply 319August 20, 2018 5:12 PM

Here's the tweet.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 320August 20, 2018 5:13 PM

R313, Yes, I am inclined to think they are both in the wrong here. The fact Asia let this liaison happen at all is creepy and inappropriate, but I think Jimmy is an opportunist and saw a chance to get some money in a hard time. I don't think either of them wanted the press to learn about it, though, and Harvey Weinstein may be to blame for that. Just an unfortunate situation all the way around.

by Anonymousreply 321August 20, 2018 5:13 PM

r255

That manipulative bitch has some nerve to get on a soapbox.

by Anonymousreply 322August 20, 2018 5:17 PM

Bourdain apartment is for rent. It's not very deluxe-looking.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 323August 20, 2018 5:22 PM

It isn't, r323? Where do you live?

by Anonymousreply 324August 20, 2018 5:27 PM

That apartment wouldn't be my thing, if I had the money. I'm not R323.

by Anonymousreply 325August 20, 2018 5:29 PM

R's new boyfriend looks like a man but those breasts look real. So confused.

by Anonymousreply 326August 20, 2018 5:30 PM

Just because Bennett decided to cash in doesn't mean the abuse didn't happen. You can set aside the creepiness factor, and you can set aside the hypocrisy factor, but the law says you can't set aside the age of consent.

r299 This isn't the same as the "other wishy-washy stories" because in those cases, the alleged abusers in fact became the victims of the #BelieveHer perspective that ignored context, magnitude, and evidence. This is one of the victims of #MeToo inflicting abuse on someone else, and the only way she can get out of it is to throw #BelieveHer out the window.

r301 You don't kill yourself for dating Ben Affleck because he's a drunk ass. You kill yourself for dating Ben Affleck because he's a blowhard who lost his looks long before middle age.

by Anonymousreply 327August 20, 2018 5:30 PM

Even if it's not your thing, that's a deluxe fucking apartment. r323 is trolling.

by Anonymousreply 328August 20, 2018 5:30 PM

R291 Wins today.

by Anonymousreply 329August 20, 2018 5:39 PM

R306 shit, I didn't know that was him in orphan. Weirdly enough I found his character too annoying and bratty to root for. That little girls character was crazy though , I couldn't believe how far they went. I guess they got away with it by making the character 31

by Anonymousreply 330August 20, 2018 5:51 PM

[quote]R's new boyfriend looks like a man but those breasts look real.

She’s a woman, she just has a mannish face. We had a thread about them but it got removed.

by Anonymousreply 331August 20, 2018 5:52 PM

I doubt they give a shit about this in Italy. What is the age of consent there?

by Anonymousreply 332August 20, 2018 5:55 PM

She's on X factor there? I thought they didn't like her in Italy?

by Anonymousreply 333August 20, 2018 5:55 PM

She is really messed up. I mean, she went on to fuck Harvey for a long time, after claiming she was "raped" by him. How do you have sex with your rapist? How fucked up and damaged is this whore?

Poor kid. He has been used his whole life, by his parents, by the adults around him. He's probably gonna develop a drug habit and OD in the near future.

by Anonymousreply 334August 20, 2018 5:57 PM

Such an idiot, all she had to do was be nice to Bourdain, keep her affairs discreet & she would have been cared for forever. But she's a narcissist freak & has to destroy anything decent. Her poor kids. Her daughters an absolute freak judging from her Instagram.

by Anonymousreply 335August 20, 2018 5:59 PM

Sky Italia just announced that if this3story got confirmed Asia is out.

by Anonymousreply 336August 20, 2018 6:07 PM

R336, Out of what?

by Anonymousreply 337August 20, 2018 6:10 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 338August 20, 2018 6:10 PM

This story is the tip of the berg. I wonder if Ronan has chimed in yet? LOL he will have egg on face for days and the CBS Moonves fizzled .

by Anonymousreply 339August 20, 2018 6:14 PM

Asia is really not that well known within the US. It would take someone like Madonna being accused to open the floodgates for accusations against women.

by Anonymousreply 340August 20, 2018 6:16 PM

[quote]I doubt they give a shit about this in Italy. What is the age of consent there?

That’s a good question. I can’t imagine Europeans care too much about this #metoo shit.

There is no age restriction on alcohol consumption in Italy. I’m not sure if there is a legal sexual age of consent.

by Anonymousreply 341August 20, 2018 6:18 PM

Age of consent in Italy is 14.

by Anonymousreply 342August 20, 2018 6:19 PM

People who talk about age of consent keep forgetting that the majority of metoo victims were adults. I hardly see how the age of consent even matters in this case.

by Anonymousreply 343August 20, 2018 6:20 PM

[quote]R's new boyfriend looks like a man but those breasts look real. So confused.

Rain Dove is a bio-female with real tits and a real vag, but a masculine-looking face. However she prefers to be called “they”.

The article linked up thread seems to imply that Rose herself now identifies as gender “nonbinary”.

by Anonymousreply 344August 20, 2018 6:24 PM

r343

The majority of #metoo victims claim to have been coerced. Bennett doesn't claim coercion, so this is all about age of consent.

by Anonymousreply 345August 20, 2018 6:26 PM

[quote]This tweet didn't age well

There are tweets that do age well?

by Anonymousreply 346August 20, 2018 6:27 PM

Also, age of consent is relevant because Argento was raised in Italy. She likely doesn’t think that there is anything wrong with giving alcohol to and having sex with a 17 year old because it is culturally acceptable to her. Unfortunately it is against the law in California.

by Anonymousreply 347August 20, 2018 6:37 PM

Unfortunately, R347?

by Anonymousreply 348August 20, 2018 6:53 PM

r347 probably meant unfortunately for her, r348. (Though I would certainly say that having a law as irrational and ridiculous as this is unfortunate in general, too.)

by Anonymousreply 349August 20, 2018 6:56 PM

Does Ronan have to give back his Pulitzer?

by Anonymousreply 350August 20, 2018 7:10 PM

People who knew Asia before she created this image know she was nothing like this. Once Angelina Jolie was making huge waves as this tattooed, chain-smoking, hyper sexualized, rebel who can't be tamed actress ....... Asia took the image whole kit and caboodle and implemented it on her, including tattoos and where she got them. Tongue out in pictures, cigarettes in her mouth, promiscuous suggestions, rebellion, etc ... all manufactured and contrived.

Totally derived and derivative. Asia is a fake. Always has been.

by Anonymousreply 351August 20, 2018 7:23 PM

I think all the women who accused Al are probably little flowers. Why didn't they give him a good hard slap or tell his wife? Instead they wait till he is doing something important and make something of nothing. Rape is one thing, a pinch on the butt is absolutely nothing .

by Anonymousreply 352August 20, 2018 7:59 PM

Seeing Rose's old tweet at R317, I wonder where the fuck she gets this morally superior attitude?? She claims she was "raped" by Weinstein, took money from him, kept quiet about it for 20 years and continued working. Who is she to say that people who keep quiet are moral cowards??

Fuck this bitch.

by Anonymousreply 353August 20, 2018 8:04 PM

r353 she's an attention-grabbing narcissistic whore, is why.

by Anonymousreply 354August 20, 2018 8:05 PM

R343, people focus on the age of consent because it’s what makes this encounter illegal. If he was 18, he would have a difficult time persuading anyone that he’d been exploited. At 17, he’s still a boy. At eighteen or nineteen, he would be more than capable of fending off unwanted attention from a woman.

by Anonymousreply 355August 20, 2018 8:09 PM

it definitely matters. Boys mature emotionally slower than girls. She was 2 decades older. That's is just wrong.

by Anonymousreply 356August 20, 2018 8:18 PM

r351: asia has had that bad girl image forever, when Angelina jolie was still an unknown. Asia was famous in italy since the 80s. in the early 90s she was already a " rebel".

by Anonymousreply 357August 20, 2018 8:18 PM

i'm surprised there isn't a sex tape of her. She is a crazy bitch who is into everything. You would think one of the guys esp those mafia types would get her on tape just to blackmail her or something....

by Anonymousreply 358August 20, 2018 8:21 PM

R333 in fact they called her just to stir up some shit and oh boy if it worked....x factor's facebook page is like a DL thread now....

by Anonymousreply 359August 20, 2018 8:24 PM

When you read all the gyrations she went through to get with him, all the grooming, to get him along away from his parents, the alcohol, the letters, the fact that she knew him at 7, the fact that she had power over him - it’s fucking sick. He was just a few weeks past his 17th birthday. Then she pays him hush money. She made a big spectacle about Hollywood predators. You couldn’t write this shit.

by Anonymousreply 360August 20, 2018 8:31 PM

I’m sure there were others.

by Anonymousreply 361August 20, 2018 8:31 PM

Who’s side did Kathy Griffin take. She deleted her tweet.

by Anonymousreply 362August 20, 2018 8:35 PM

Whalestein issued a statement through his lawyers as if this vindicates him.

The statement continued, "The sheer duplicity of her conduct is quite extraordinary and should demonstrate to everyone how poorly the allegations against Mr. Weinstein were actually vetted and accordingly, cause all of us to pause and allow due process to prevail, not condemnation by fundamental dishonesty."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 363August 20, 2018 8:36 PM

ROSE KNEW.

by Anonymousreply 364August 20, 2018 8:38 PM

Jimmy Bennett is straight? I always thought he was a gay twink. When I saw the headline I thought he was creeped out by being forced into contact with vagina.

by Anonymousreply 365August 20, 2018 8:41 PM

Asia is a toxic person, too bad Bourdain had to meet her.

by Anonymousreply 366August 20, 2018 9:00 PM

Argento is in deep shit now:

"The L.A. County Sheriff's Dept. has done an about-face and now says it will investigate allegations by a man that he was sexually assaulted by Asia Argento when he was 17 years old.

Several Sheriff's officials told TMZ Monday morning the department would ONLY investigate if the alleged victim -- now 22-year-old Jimmy Bennett -- came forward and filed a complaint. One official now tells us the media attention on the case has made them do an about-face."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 367August 20, 2018 9:01 PM

[quote]Seeing Rose's old tweet at [R317], I wonder where the fuck she gets this morally superior attitude??

She’s a narcissist. The entire world revolves around her.

by Anonymousreply 368August 20, 2018 9:03 PM

I wonder what Dario Argento and Daria Nicolodi think of this mess.

by Anonymousreply 369August 20, 2018 9:16 PM

It's already come to light that R lied about when she met Argento after a pic surfaced of them together from 15 years ago. Someone on Twitter commented that R must have forgotten everything from when she had her old face.

by Anonymousreply 370August 20, 2018 9:23 PM

R67 Stormy wasn't raped.

by Anonymousreply 371August 20, 2018 9:27 PM

Has Michael Avenatti inserted himself into this story yet?

by Anonymousreply 372August 20, 2018 9:28 PM

What DL really wants to know is if he had a big dick.

by Anonymousreply 373August 20, 2018 9:35 PM

She raped THIS?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 374August 20, 2018 9:37 PM

She seems borderline personality to me.

by Anonymousreply 375August 20, 2018 9:43 PM

The last thing I saw Bennet in was in Bosch where he played a criminal prostitute who lured men into compromising positions in order to steal their money. I did find it strange that he wasn't featured that much given that he had a semi successful career up to that point.

by Anonymousreply 376August 20, 2018 9:44 PM

Really, Asia? Really???

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 377August 20, 2018 9:47 PM

Looks like Chris Pine's aborted twin. After it fell to the floor and got stepped on by the midwife.

by Anonymousreply 378August 20, 2018 10:00 PM

He did play young Chris Pine as Kirk in Star Trek, r378.

by Anonymousreply 379August 20, 2018 10:04 PM

So how big is the cock?

by Anonymousreply 380August 20, 2018 10:06 PM

I don't know about this story. When I was 17 I think I would have let anybody blow me. Can't recall a hornier period.

by Anonymousreply 381August 20, 2018 10:12 PM

It's not about the moment but about the aftermath, R381.

by Anonymousreply 382August 20, 2018 10:14 PM

What "aftermath", r382 - the hellfire?

by Anonymousreply 383August 20, 2018 10:17 PM

378, He doesn't look half bad now. There just aren't many recent pictures of him since he hasn't been that big of a star since he was a child and he constantly deletes all his Instagram posts. Most of the ones on Google are very old. Here is a newer one.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 384August 20, 2018 10:22 PM

R379 Doesn’t explain the abortion, the accident, and the careless midwife.

by Anonymousreply 385August 20, 2018 10:22 PM

Asia could've had any hot stud but she destroyed her reputation for this ugly kid... that's a hard fetish gurl

by Anonymousreply 386August 20, 2018 10:25 PM

She seems like a freak.

by Anonymousreply 387August 20, 2018 10:35 PM

R382, true, but it’s also true that you can’t retroactively revoke consent. If you genuinely consented at the time, your unpleasant feelings afterwards don’t cancel out that consent.

by Anonymousreply 388August 20, 2018 10:35 PM

In this case he was below the age of consent... so it doesn’t matter legally whether he said “yes” or not... still rape.

by Anonymousreply 389August 20, 2018 10:37 PM

He has tard face.

by Anonymousreply 390August 20, 2018 10:38 PM

r388 That's not what MeToo has argued. She should be judged under the new standards that she has helped promote.

by Anonymousreply 391August 20, 2018 10:38 PM

Is that meth, R384?

by Anonymousreply 392August 20, 2018 10:41 PM

That's an interesting plot point, R376.

by Anonymousreply 393August 20, 2018 10:42 PM

His parents sound like pigs. It seems to me if you love your child you do not allow them to play baby prostitutes. It seems like he might be an adult one now.

by Anonymousreply 394August 20, 2018 10:44 PM

They’re covering this story on MSNBC now.

by Anonymousreply 395August 20, 2018 11:04 PM

R391, most of #MeToo has involved lack of consent. What stands out here is that Asia seems to have linked the sex with a project, which could imply an element of pressure.

by Anonymousreply 396August 20, 2018 11:06 PM

R389 Yeah, 17 year old guys having sex with older people is automatically "rape". Like a 17 yo will let the law decide if they can have sex! Especially in this sex-obsessed culture.

by Anonymousreply 397August 20, 2018 11:12 PM

R383 - the potential feelings of confusion, anger, and regret.

by Anonymousreply 398August 20, 2018 11:13 PM

r383 r398 Also the cum all over his tummy.

r397 The law doesn't decide if a 17-year-old can have sex. But like it or not, the law decides whom they can have sex with.

by Anonymousreply 399August 20, 2018 11:15 PM

R399 Not if they don't tell. The law has no say at all.

by Anonymousreply 400August 20, 2018 11:16 PM

[quote] It's already come to light that R lied about when she met Argento after a pic surfaced of them together from 15 years ago. Someone on Twitter commented that R must have forgotten everything from when she had her old face

She was sure to write that she got to know AA 10 months ago. There are people whose circle has overlapped with mine but I can't say I know them well. Bonding over this Weinstein debacle is how they developed a friendship.

by Anonymousreply 401August 20, 2018 11:17 PM

Will any celebs speak up and say they support Bennett?

by Anonymousreply 402August 20, 2018 11:23 PM

Has Rose blamed Meryl Streep yet?

by Anonymousreply 403August 20, 2018 11:24 PM

Sprouse twins know something.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 404August 20, 2018 11:25 PM

R402 Not after he took the money. That paints him as an opportunist. Not a victim.

by Anonymousreply 405August 20, 2018 11:25 PM

It's really pretty simple: in any sort of interaction between a teenager and a significantly older person, the latter has a moral obligation to put the younger person's needs and safety first. Always. In the case of sexual encounters, regardless of whether the younger person seems to want it, you steer clear, because you have no idea what the longer-term impact of that decision on the teen is going to be. Of the young people who were sexually 'initiated' by a much older person, the majority tend to say, in hindsight, that they would have preferred their first sexual experience to have been with someone closer to their own age. Even under the best of circumstances (seeming consent, non-coercive contact), the younger person can come to feel very ambivalent about the experience and feel used and/or manipulated.

People who advocate "intergenerational" sex can be disingenuous in their arguments in that they will call those who would disapprove of such contact "sex-negative," just to deflect from their own lack of responsibility.

by Anonymousreply 406August 20, 2018 11:25 PM

$380,000 is a lot of money for a blow job and a fuck. Dylan Geick might want to rethink his business plan.

by Anonymousreply 407August 20, 2018 11:29 PM

[quote]Not after he took the money. That paints him as an opportunist. Not a victim.

You mean exactly like Rose did?

by Anonymousreply 408August 20, 2018 11:30 PM

R406 Link to peer-review article that shows most young people who lose their cherry to a mature person would rather it have been with a young person.

I have no skin in the game I didn't look for daddies when I was a teen, and I don't look for twins now.

But I have plenty of friends who affirm losing it to a mature man was just what they wanted and it was great!

by Anonymousreply 409August 20, 2018 11:30 PM

That doesn't mean it didn't happen, R405.

by Anonymousreply 410August 20, 2018 11:30 PM

Now CNN is covering this too.

by Anonymousreply 411August 20, 2018 11:46 PM

Think of the three people you respect most in life. Would any of them mess around with teens?

by Anonymousreply 412August 20, 2018 11:48 PM

I don't think she should have messed around with him but we also don't know if it was traumatic for him or if he liked it and monetized it years later, cynically.

by Anonymousreply 413August 20, 2018 11:50 PM

R412, probably so, Mary.

by Anonymousreply 414August 20, 2018 11:52 PM

R413 Exactly, people are projecting all their psychobabble onto the scenario.

by Anonymousreply 415August 20, 2018 11:53 PM

Honesty time:

When Hanson broke out onto the scene (suppress your groans, this is TRUE) in 1997 I was absolutely thunderstruck. I would have done anything for Taylor. As an open-mic regular, I even wrote a novelty song about him entitled "Taylor Made" that was all about my lust for this somewhat-underage kid with soul and wiggle and looks who I would have leapt upon without hesitation, given the opportunity. If his parents had dropped him off at my hotel room, damn rights I would have smoked like a fiend in anticipation of his arrival, shared my booze to loosen him up, slid his pants off, had my way with him, and photo-documented the entire thing in a post-coital selfie. Just like Miz Argento did with this kid.

However, I was 22 years old when this ridiculous celeb crush happened. Taylor was 16. Had it taken place, it would hardly have been scandalous. I also didn't meet him when he was 7 and act as a parental figure to him, monitor his maturity and growth, and then arrange a lascivious encounter as soon as I felt he was old enough and I was horny enough.

That is some weird, sick shit on her part. I don't think she is evil--and let's face it, she could have risked it all for a much hotter teenager--but she is a hedonist who has been accustomed to engaging in whatever type of debauchery she desired without consequences. This must, therefore, be a total nightmare for her, and I cannot imagine how she'll pull through this successfully. She is far too immature, uneducated, and impulsive to handle this sort of thing with grace and precision. There is such a thing as bad press, after all.

by Anonymousreply 416August 21, 2018 12:13 AM

R416, many of us would have fucked Taylor Hanson at 17.

by Anonymousreply 417August 21, 2018 12:15 AM

R416: Taylor Hanson was fourteen in 1997 (b. 1983).

by Anonymousreply 418August 21, 2018 12:16 AM

Fact is: a 17 year old boy can physically overpower a much older woman whereas a 17 year old girl probably can’t overpower a man. Either way, AA sounds like a nutcase and it creosote me out she knew this kid since he was 7.

by Anonymousreply 419August 21, 2018 12:18 AM

R418 Even better. Or worse.

by Anonymousreply 420August 21, 2018 12:19 AM

R416, But he looked so womanly then. No thanks. If I wanted a girl I'd be straight.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 421August 21, 2018 12:26 AM

R419 Puberty changes everything. Asia is being a bit of a perv but 17 is way past puberty. Most dude's been jerking off for years by 17.

by Anonymousreply 422August 21, 2018 12:28 AM

R416, how is someone "somewhat" underage?

by Anonymousreply 423August 21, 2018 12:28 AM

She’s a creep, and legally a rapist but especially it’s creepy that he saw her as a mother figure. This wasn’t some 17 year old meeting an older woman in a bar.

I always thought Mira Sorvino was the face of the Weinstein scandal. Asia isn’t the only one he hurt

by Anonymousreply 424August 21, 2018 12:31 AM

I can’t really get over the fact that in California it is illegal for anyone, even another teenager, to have sex with anyone under the age of 18 unless the two are married. There is no close in age exemption. That’s just bizarre. Everyone under 18 is supposed to be a fumbling virgin, I guess.

by Anonymousreply 425August 21, 2018 12:34 AM

It's effective for keeping the creeps away, R425. There are a lot of creeps in CA.

by Anonymousreply 426August 21, 2018 12:36 AM

This is beyond sick. All this honestly makes her look like a serial child predator. Why would she become sexually obsessed with this average looking kid after knowing him since he is seven and having him sleep over with her own child? I have little doubt she was getting off on this relationship from day one.

by Anonymousreply 427August 21, 2018 12:37 AM

Who dug this up? Mossad?

by Anonymousreply 428August 21, 2018 12:38 AM

r422. Yet no one says that when it's a 17 year old girl. If it's a 17 year old girl people call the guy a creep and a pedo even if it doesn't apply.

by Anonymousreply 429August 21, 2018 12:57 AM

R429 plenty of people think it was A ok for Scott Baio to have sex with 17 year old Nicole Eggert when he was 30.

by Anonymousreply 430August 21, 2018 12:59 AM

That she felt the need to share all that on twitter. Her waiting for her "long lost son" all moist and trembling, then pics of them after she fucked him... That woman is clearly insane. That was not much work for the Mossad to dig up!

by Anonymousreply 431August 21, 2018 1:02 AM

$380,000 how the hell do they come up with these weird numbers for payoffs?

by Anonymousreply 432August 21, 2018 1:02 AM

That sure is a lot of money. Sounds like extortion, pure and simple, but yeah someone was a fool for sleeping with a minor.

by Anonymousreply 433August 21, 2018 1:05 AM

The celebrity me too advocates are strangely quiet on this. Come out, come out Anthony Rapp, Deb Messing, Alyssa Milano....

by Anonymousreply 434August 21, 2018 1:06 AM

r416

PEDO PEDO PEDO PEDO PEDO PEDO PEDO PEDO PEDO PEDO PEDO PEDO PEDO PEDO PEDO PEDO PEDO PEDO PEDO PEDO PEDO PEDO PEDO PEDO PEDO PEDO PEDO PEDO PEDO PEDO PEDO PEDO PEDO PEDO PEDO PEDO PEDO PEDO PEDO PEDO PEDO PEDO PEDO PEDO PEDO PEDO PEDO PEDO PEDO PEDO PEDO PEDO PEDO PEDO PEDO PEDO PEDO PEDO PEDO PEDO PEDO PEDO PEDO PEDO PEDO PEDO PEDO PEDO PEDO PEDO PEDO PEDO PEDO PEDO PEDO PEDO PEDO PEDO PEDO PEDO PEDO PEDO PEDO PEDO PEDO PEDO PEDO PEDO PEDO PEDO PEDO PEDO PEDO PEDO PEDO PEDO PEDO PEDO PEDO PEDO PEDO PEDO PEDO PEDO PEDO PEDO PEDO PEDO PEDO PEDO PEDO PEDO PEDO PEDO PEDO PEDO PEDO PEDO PEDO PEDO PEDO PEDO PEDO PEDO PEDO PEDO PEDO PEDO PEDO PEDO PEDO PEDO PEDO PEDO PEDO PEDO PEDO PEDO PEDO PEDO PEDO PEDO PEDO PEDO PEDO PEDO PEDO PEDO PEDO PEDO PEDO PEDO PEDO PEDO PEDO PEDO PEDO PEDO PEDO PEDO PEDO PEDO PEDO PEDO PEDO PEDO PEDO PEDO PEDO PEDO PEDO PEDO PEDO PEDO PEDO PEDO PEDO

by Anonymousreply 435August 21, 2018 1:08 AM

Rumor has it that this nasty heifer was responsible for Bourdain's suicide. Damn her for that. He was a good man.

by Anonymousreply 436August 21, 2018 1:11 AM

Maybe that's all she could do not to jump her own son, then well... could have been worse. Some serious therapy is required here in any case.

by Anonymousreply 437August 21, 2018 1:23 AM

R435 Projecting is best saved for art-house cinemas.

by Anonymousreply 438August 21, 2018 1:40 AM

R203, Bourdain spent a fortune on her, and lots of time (plus travel to Italy). He allotted a whopping 5 days a month to spend with HIS child but when not working he was with Asia and her kids in another country. No fool like an old fool.

Asia has always had very dark energy. This son thing is creepy as fuck. She promotes it, even Michael Jackson had alarms and tried to hide it. It is an agenda. Hope the fathers of her kids are involved and she is not the sole influence.

Giving the kid alcohol adds to the gross factor, so predatory. The repeated post-coital posts on social media that he would be in her next movie are the playbook of Harvey and Singer. Harvey does not play and is known to use Mossad. They could have just saved the money.

No idea what will happen to Jimmy after this. Every adult in his life has exploited him and he is still so young.

by Anonymousreply 439August 21, 2018 1:46 AM

R428, it was not exactly hidden on her own social media.

by Anonymousreply 440August 21, 2018 1:47 AM

Has Asia entered rehab for sex addiction yet?

by Anonymousreply 441August 21, 2018 1:50 AM

What makes this extra sick is how she directed him in that movie they did together in which his character was raped by her character's boyfriend and had sex with another. Granted, Bennett only did the rape scene and one of the Sprouse twins did the other but still sort of creepy.

by Anonymousreply 442August 21, 2018 1:56 AM

It was Bourdain who paid the settlement.

Hope there is some real money left for his young child after all he blew on Asia.

by Anonymousreply 443August 21, 2018 2:05 AM

[quote] In the case of sexual encounters, regardless of whether the younger person seems to want it, you steer clear, because you have no idea what the longer-term impact of that decision on the teen is going to be.

[quote] People who advocate "intergenerational" sex can be disingenuous in their arguments in that they will call those who would disapprove of such contact "sex-negative"

You don't know what the longer-term impact of [italic]anything[/italic] is, r406. The fact that you think sex, of all things, is so remarkably dangerous that it needs to be illegal till 18, whereas driving a car, something whose "longer-term impact" often includes the death or mutilation of several people, is already legal for 16-year-olds, indeed marks you out as "sex-negative".

by Anonymousreply 444August 21, 2018 2:19 AM

Considering all of his books and TV work $1.2M seems like too little. If he paid the settlement, that would account for a quarter of his wealth going to hide Argento's indiscretion. I can't find anything about purchasing a house for her.

-----------------------------------

Anthony Bourdain had an estate valued at $1.2 million, according to the will filed this week in Manhattan’s Surrogate Court. The will stipulates that the majority of the estate will be left to his daughter, multiple news outlets are reporting.

Bourdain’s had assets of $425,000 in savings and cash. He had another $250,000 in personal property and $35,000 in brokerage accounts, USA Today reported.

He had another $500,000 listed from royalties and residuals, or what USA Today classified as intangibles, for his book and television shows.

Many believed he had higher wealth, estimated at about $16 million but he had said in an interview in 2017 that it was “10 times overstated.”

He may have had other money since the will stipulated for a trust to be set up. Details on trusts are private and not public record, USA Today reported.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 445August 21, 2018 2:50 AM

Yeah, a house keeps getting mentioned. Where's the proof he bought her a house? I'd like to see that.

by Anonymousreply 446August 21, 2018 3:10 AM

Alyssa Milano has not posted once about this story, even though she appears to know Asia.

Can't fathom this silence if this was a man, even if it was a friend.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 447August 21, 2018 3:19 AM

R44, there is nothing sex negative (a term usually used by pedos btw) about expressing concern over a 37 year old chick grooming a 17 year old for boy for sex. You conveniently forgot to mention that she knew this kid and his family since he was 7 years old. Argento is a classic sexual predator. Stop trying to turn her abusive behaviour into some misty lensed, erotic experience between two equals.

There was nothing remotely sex positive about that encounter.

by Anonymousreply 448August 21, 2018 3:21 AM

From the Rome episode of Parts Unknown in Rome where he met Argento. He was really head over heels- if the show is indeed, to some extent, about embarrassment, then I will have to admit I am only slightly embarrassed at being seen and depicted as so clearly happy in this episode. It’s “off brand” for me. I’ve grown accustomed to being the misanthrope, the curmudgeon, the malcontent, the cynic … even the asshole.

But I will say it: Asia Argento is the most extraordinary, accomplished, intelligent, and endlessly interesting woman—make that person—I’ve ever known. Every minute working with her on this show was a great joy and a privilege.

by Anonymousreply 449August 21, 2018 3:38 AM

Bourdain wasn't one to put his bed on the streets. I think he killed himself because he was humiliated by what an absolute fool he had been.

by Anonymousreply 450August 21, 2018 3:40 AM

@R449 - AB clearly thought he'd found his "Angie."

Damn, I wish I would have known him.

by Anonymousreply 451August 21, 2018 3:42 AM

R448 Sex positive. Sex negative. WTF. Maybe you should let the dude decide. It's just one experience in his sex life.

by Anonymousreply 452August 21, 2018 3:45 AM

[quote]Her daughters an absolute freak judging from her Instagram.

What is her Instagram?

by Anonymousreply 453August 21, 2018 3:49 AM

R453, Here it is.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 454August 21, 2018 3:52 AM

Michael Rapaport:

"Is Asia Argento going to that spot in Arizona? #AsiaArgento

Funny she didnt mention any of this at CANNES. Does she get the Aziz sentence or the Louis CK sentence? Neither one of them paid off anyone & they havent been heard from in a while. Kevin Spacey sentence? Who decides?"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 455August 21, 2018 4:26 AM

R445 All of his wealth was in a trust to be inherited by his child. Trusts are set up for tax and inheritance purposes. The figures your article references are basically everything he had outside the trust. The contents/value of trusts are not disclosed publicly. Director Tony Scott had a similar situation. If you look at what he actually had when he died it is not reflective of of his entire net worth. Most of this fortune was in a trust too.

by Anonymousreply 456August 21, 2018 4:48 AM

The metoo movement may be waning, but social media justice is still here to stay. We live in an era where people are raked over the coals for simply being insensitive, saying the wrong thing on twitter or even when being recorded without their knowlede (see Sam Smith). Many of these men are so thoroughly piled on by the mob, that their only defense is to be so calculated in their appeasement that all trace of sincerity and individual expression is lost. The metoo thing is just the tip of the iceberg. Trial by social media is something anyone of us can be caught up and should have all of us shitting our pants.

by Anonymousreply 457August 21, 2018 4:49 AM

Flame away, but I am sick and tired of this American cult of sexual victimhood. It's pushed mainly by whiny upper middle class suburban brats who won't take responsibility for their own lives. And I am tired of this attitude,particularly among women, that a groping or regrettable fuck is the worst thing in the world, it's not. People wind up more damaged by poverty, bullying, and mental or physical illness. But there is an attitude in this culture that the minute somebody's bad experience involves sex, it's automatically worse. Bullshit. And on that note, Millenials are a bunch of freaks in their dating lives, alternating between wanton promiscuity and self infantilization. You can have one or the other but not both. The media needs to stop with this unthinking reverence for "bad touch " victims and grow the fuck up. And I don't even like Asia Argento.

by Anonymousreply 458August 21, 2018 5:41 AM

R444: "keep your hands off under-18s in all circumstances" really shouldn't be such a hard rule to follow for anyone aged 30+. Does the idea of automatically placing a teenager's interests and well-being above your own (having sex automatically means bringing *your* needs into the equation) offend you?

And sex isn't "dangerous," but as a responsible and ethical adult, you don't want get involved in any situations that could possibly make life more confusing for the teen than it already is.

by Anonymousreply 459August 21, 2018 5:49 AM

R351 No Mangelina Jolie made her fake wild image after Asia

by Anonymousreply 460August 21, 2018 5:55 AM

The N*MBLA people (and those from similar organizations and with similar "interests") would always pipe: "Children are sexual from birth!", even though no one denied that. Deliberately portraying their opponents as prudish and unrealistic as regards kids' sexuality was one of their tactics, even though people just wanted to protect children from THEM. They would also trot out the tired driving, drinking, and combat comparisons.

by Anonymousreply 461August 21, 2018 5:56 AM

Over the hill.

Hope you enjoyed fucking Grandpa, Asia.

by Anonymousreply 462August 21, 2018 6:12 AM

Bourdain has set up trusts for his kid.

by Anonymousreply 463August 21, 2018 6:43 AM

Her daughters's instagram is .... troubling.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 464August 21, 2018 8:42 AM

[quote]Rumor has it that this nasty heifer was responsible for Bourdain's suicide. Damn her for that. He was a good man.

Sweetie, no one is responsible for anyone's suicide but themselves.

by Anonymousreply 465August 21, 2018 9:04 AM

The Hypocritical Oath

by Anonymousreply 466August 21, 2018 10:33 AM

[quote]I wonder what Dario Argento and Daria Nicolodi think of this mess.

When she was on Bordain's show, she mentioned she wasn't on speaking terms with either of her parents.

by Anonymousreply 467August 21, 2018 10:44 AM

strange, she interacted with a lot of fondness with Daria on twitter just a few months ago

by Anonymousreply 468August 21, 2018 10:48 AM

R464 lol no it's not...it's just pretentious crap alternatives 17 yo use.....if you add she's the grand daughter of one of the most iconic cult horror directors, her mom is Asia who's always been into alternative rock and her dad is an eccentric musician; she's overall conformist to that aesthetic.

by Anonymousreply 469August 21, 2018 12:06 PM

^her dad is Morgan, a crazy, addicted popstar. Girl had no chance

by Anonymousreply 470August 21, 2018 12:13 PM

r456, what you say of course makes sense and people do that all the time with trusts for obvious money reasons. How do you know specifically about Bourdain?

by Anonymousreply 471August 21, 2018 12:52 PM

Fucking disgusting hypocritical cunt. How many more of them?

by Anonymousreply 472August 21, 2018 12:59 PM

This interview is very interesting now. She discusses having relationships with other actors, but says that she prefers to sleep with directors because actors are too self absorbed and therefore boring lovers. I guess things have changed over the years.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 473August 21, 2018 1:20 PM

she just denied everyrhing on italian media. she said she never had sex with that guy. very clintonian

by Anonymousreply 474August 21, 2018 2:53 PM

That was dumb. Her social media and photos are damning and Mossad rarely gets things wrong. Now she is a perv AND a liar. A gift that keeps on giving to Harvey.

Asia was pretty once upon a time, before the shoe polish dye and tatoos. She has 2 kids, one is only 9. She married the father of that one, she looked attractive back in 2010 and at the link above.

by Anonymousreply 475August 21, 2018 3:01 PM

Her denial part 1.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 476August 21, 2018 3:01 PM

So people are supposed to ignore the pictures and her tweets? And the payoff?

I thought we were supposed to believe all victims. Sorry, Asia, I believe him.

by Anonymousreply 477August 21, 2018 3:03 PM

Her denial part 2.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 478August 21, 2018 3:03 PM

Hopefully her denial will motivate him to speak with the sheriffs

by Anonymousreply 479August 21, 2018 3:06 PM

so she and bourdain helped a poor kid and he stabbed them in the back. too Dickens, sorry miss.

by Anonymousreply 480August 21, 2018 3:08 PM

And Bourdain considered the kid dangerous?

Her denial makes no sense.

by Anonymousreply 481August 21, 2018 3:11 PM

The guy who claimed to have dated Bennett's ex and subsequently deleted his tweeta criticizing Bennett did categorize this as an extortion scheme.

by Anonymousreply 482August 21, 2018 3:16 PM

Why can’t you fags be gentle?

by Anonymousreply 483August 21, 2018 3:27 PM

waiting for Bourdain's widow to kick Asia's ass

by Anonymousreply 484August 21, 2018 3:29 PM

She completely threw Bourdain under the bus.

by Anonymousreply 485August 21, 2018 3:30 PM

And it confirms what everyone thought: that she used Bourdain's money.

by Anonymousreply 486August 21, 2018 3:30 PM

Wonder if Hugo Clement was smart and kept it to a few days? Asia sure is something.

by Anonymousreply 487August 21, 2018 3:36 PM

TMZ has seen the post-sex photo

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 488August 21, 2018 3:39 PM

TMZ also has the texts between her and Bourdain:

"I am also broke." (to Bourdain to get him to pay) and "It wasn't raped (sic) but I was frozen. He was on top of me. After he told me I had been his sexual fantasy since he was 12." which contradicts her statement this morning that she didn't have sex with him.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 489August 21, 2018 3:43 PM

Goddammit Davida, will you shut up about the fucking Mossad already?

by Anonymousreply 490August 21, 2018 3:47 PM

Wow I can’t believe she blamed it all on Bourdain.

by Anonymousreply 491August 21, 2018 3:54 PM

How the hell did they unearth a dead man's texts? This is some scary shit.

by Anonymousreply 492August 21, 2018 3:55 PM

R476, That makes no sense and is very confusing. So she's basically saying Jimmy asked her and Anthony for money and they gave it to get him off their backs because Anthony didn't trust him? So why the rape allegation? ...Or was he blackmailing them with that? It seems like she wrote that in a rush and is pretty unclear.

by Anonymousreply 493August 21, 2018 3:58 PM

Yes, he asked for money for the rape.

by Anonymousreply 494August 21, 2018 4:02 PM

WTF are these race wars on TMZ? I mean it's not as if this isn't a hot topic by itself that has absolutely nothing to do with black people... I worry for the USA.

by Anonymousreply 495August 21, 2018 4:04 PM

This is probably why Anthony committed suicide. He probably knew it was a big lie that he went with only to help a crazy mess of a woman that he loved and cared about only to get caught up in paying off someone and he probably knew it would all eventually come out.

Very sad!

by Anonymousreply 496August 21, 2018 4:06 PM

R495 What are you talking about?

by Anonymousreply 497August 21, 2018 4:08 PM

"It wasn't raped (sic) but I was frozen. He was on top of me. After he told me I had been his sexual fantasy since he was 12."

If there is even a post-pic and they are both chill and she texted he wasn't abusive even if kinda aggressive; she's basically saying she did in fact had sex with him which contradicts her statement. She's digging her grave deeper by the minute.

by Anonymousreply 498August 21, 2018 4:08 PM

Not cool to give all these details about a dead man. Especially since he has a young kid. Not cool.

by Anonymousreply 499August 21, 2018 4:08 PM

So she's now been basically caught lying.

by Anonymousreply 500August 21, 2018 4:08 PM

Fetish

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 501August 21, 2018 4:10 PM

r497 The comments on TMZ. It's all white people are scum, black people are apes. Only one third of comments is about the AA situation.

by Anonymousreply 502August 21, 2018 4:12 PM

That’s why so many sites are abandoning their comment systems.

by Anonymousreply 503August 21, 2018 4:16 PM

R502 This is why I like coming to DL. Quality over quantity. I still am pissed about the IMDb message boards. The individual talent boards were relatively free of that shit.

by Anonymousreply 504August 21, 2018 4:18 PM

Seen a few comments from “woke” feminists tantamount claiming shes not totally responsible for her acting out in an abusive way because of the abuse she’s allegedly suffered has damaged and distorted her boundaries. Or something.

Also look out for the use of “17 yr-old *MAN*. Not BOY.

by Anonymousreply 505August 21, 2018 4:18 PM

This is why modern feminism is cancer. Sex equality, OTOH, certainly is not and is needed imore than ever in the developing world and Islamic countries particularly.

by Anonymousreply 506August 21, 2018 4:22 PM

Why do that with a picture of your child? She wants to silence her daughter?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 507August 21, 2018 4:29 PM

Ottavia Bourdain loathes this woman & would've had his phone. If she leaked this & I think she did...I have a new hero.

by Anonymousreply 508August 21, 2018 4:30 PM

per the texts she sent to bourdain looks like it was Bennett who basically assaulted her.

by Anonymousreply 509August 21, 2018 4:33 PM

^^So why would she need to pay him hush money? Her excuse is a pathetic lie.

by Anonymousreply 510August 21, 2018 4:35 PM

[quote]Not cool to give all these details about a dead man.

Death is not a shield to protect you from bad (and potentially illegal) behavior while you're alive. For all we know, he killed himself because he knew this was all going to come out soon.

by Anonymousreply 511August 21, 2018 4:37 PM

Exactly 510 she's the worst person ever. Bourdain must have been filled with self-loathing that he fell for this & her. The texts show that he would do anything for her & then she sluts around on him. It was a hard end...literally

by Anonymousreply 512August 21, 2018 4:37 PM

They're all nutz.

by Anonymousreply 513August 21, 2018 4:39 PM

How so, R509?

by Anonymousreply 514August 21, 2018 4:39 PM

R509, I am not buying it. She has tweeted at Jimmy over a dozen times throughout the years before and after the hotel. It is clear she was the one who was obsessed with him. That is probably the story she gave Anthony and he fell for it hook, line, and sinker. I wouldn't be surprised if he killed himself once he realized she was playing him for a fool.

Jimmy and Asia both still follow each other on Instagram, by the way, which I find very peculiar.

by Anonymousreply 515August 21, 2018 4:40 PM

killing himself because his GF lied to him? he was not 16. he killed himself because he was mentally ill

by Anonymousreply 516August 21, 2018 4:42 PM

^^Because she lied, manipulated and deceived him. He was crazy in love with her. He fired a long time friend/producer of his show because she asked him to, he bought her a $1M house, he paid off her black mailer. And then she fucked him over royally. She used him and made a fool of him.....and it threw him into a deep depression.

by Anonymousreply 517August 21, 2018 4:47 PM

Yeah, I don't believe Bourdain killed himself over that kid or necessarily strictly because of her. I think she was toxic and not good for him on top of his own depressed state, and she added to his depression at the end. My guess.

by Anonymousreply 518August 21, 2018 4:47 PM

Maybe he was depressed because he finally woke up to realize he gave a shit ton of his daughter's inheritance to a low life grifting scum.

Can the daughter sue AA and/or that kid to get the $350k in hush money back?

by Anonymousreply 519August 21, 2018 4:49 PM

I don't know what Bourdain 's ex-wife had to do (if anything) with Asia's current "troubles," but it would amuse me no end if in the end she let loose with info that contributed to this. If she even had such info. But I know she could kick Argento's ass, because Tony's ex is a badass.

by Anonymousreply 520August 21, 2018 4:50 PM

r519, his daughter inherited just abut everything--at least a million and apparently a trust was also set up of more undisclosed money. It does not look like he left his daughter in the church in any way. Apparently the trust parcels money out to the daughter until she's 30 or 35, I can't remember which.

by Anonymousreply 521August 21, 2018 4:51 PM

No, I'm with 517 also until now Bourdain had get his private life private. He crowed like a smitten 16 year old about her all over social media, involved her in his show & publicly declared her "his shelter from the storm". He had a hard awakening & was dead one day later. It was her. It was ALL her.

by Anonymousreply 522August 21, 2018 4:51 PM

*lurch (not church!)

by Anonymousreply 523August 21, 2018 4:52 PM

Slumberparty at her house with bellissimo Andrea. Jesus.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 524August 21, 2018 4:53 PM

Well, if Argento was mostly (or all) the reason for Bourdain's sudden downward spiral (if it was sudden--we don't know), then I hope this shit escalates on her.

by Anonymousreply 525August 21, 2018 4:54 PM

Its Bourdain 's brother who has Tony's phone and stuff including his ashes. Tony was estranged from his wife a long time.

Tony's crew and family feel AA abused and used Tony and her abuse over the last few days of his life led to his death. Every one in this group would like to see AA crash and burn so I think the texts are coming from Tony's brother with support from the crew who saw all the AA bullshit

by Anonymousreply 526August 21, 2018 4:54 PM

She waited 10 long years to pounce. Should have waited 11 yrs.

by Anonymousreply 527August 21, 2018 4:55 PM

AA reminds me of Donald Trump. Lying so much, can't keep the story straight anymore.

by Anonymousreply 528August 21, 2018 4:56 PM

Doh! Sorry--I meant r517, not r519.

by Anonymousreply 529August 21, 2018 4:56 PM

I agree with R526. Tony's friends and family have been pointing the finger at AA since the day of his death. They all tried to warn him about her, but he wouldn't listen.

by Anonymousreply 530August 21, 2018 4:57 PM

r526, how do you know about the brother having Tony's phone, and the crew hating her? I can totally see all that, but I'm wondering where the info you have comes from. I'm believing more and more Argento was a black cloud.

by Anonymousreply 531August 21, 2018 5:01 PM

[QUOTE]She waited 10 long years to pounce. Should have waited 11 yrs.

I doubt she waited. They probably did things in the preceding years that didn’t constitute as rape but were still inappropriate.

by Anonymousreply 532August 21, 2018 5:04 PM

You're right 526 I forgot his brother had his phone & you're right. Good for him. God, he loved her so much and she treated him worse than garbage.

by Anonymousreply 533August 21, 2018 5:05 PM

Nah, R511, it was that after all this and bleeding him dry financially, she was swanning around with Hugo Clement - younger and far hotter than either Asia or Anthony. Him mooning over her in interviews juxtaposed with those photos all over EU, narcissists have a hard time with humiliation.

Asia has always been bad news but this boy/son/mommy fetish thing all over her SM for years is beyond the pale.

by Anonymousreply 534August 21, 2018 5:06 PM

Tony did not buy AA a property. This is nonsense, but they did look at properties and contemplate living together in future.

The story is tragic because Tony took AA at her word. She taunted him by text the last days of his life for the fun of it - to see if she could hurt him and get him to prove his love. Its juvenile and Tony should have ignored it, but then the photos of her with another guy hit all the media sites

by Anonymousreply 535August 21, 2018 5:07 PM

Also, these texts will be nothing compared with the ones between the two the day he died. If those come out she is done.

by Anonymousreply 536August 21, 2018 5:07 PM

What was in those texts she sent to him?

by Anonymousreply 537August 21, 2018 5:09 PM

"narcissists have a hard time with humiliation."

r534, a lot of people (especially those prone to depression) have a hard time when they're feeling rushed out by someone they love, and no one likes humiliation. Do try not to be a total cunt, if it's possible with you.

by Anonymousreply 538August 21, 2018 5:10 PM

*pushed out

by Anonymousreply 539August 21, 2018 5:10 PM

Who's that kid in R524?

by Anonymousreply 540August 21, 2018 5:11 PM

Doesn't that dumb twat realize that everything she's put out there on SM is easy to track? She keeps digging the hole deeper by lying and then gets outed by her own social media posts over the last decade.

by Anonymousreply 541August 21, 2018 5:14 PM

[quote]God, he loved her so much and she treated him worse than garbage.

When will old fools ever learn?

by Anonymousreply 542August 21, 2018 5:15 PM

R50, I believe one of the actresses in Asia's 2014 film Incompresa (AKA "Misunderstood")

by Anonymousreply 543August 21, 2018 5:16 PM

Also, if you've every watched Bourdain he was hardly a narcissist. One of the young chefs that worked with him said he always 'passed the mic' and loved bringing attention to unknown talent, especially PoC. He was really one of the good ones & such Asia Argento to hell for destroying him after his separation.

by Anonymousreply 544August 21, 2018 5:17 PM

[R405] Not after he took the money. That paints him as an opportunist. Not a victim.

By your standard, every woman who took an acting gig or money from Weinstein is an opportunist, not a victim.

by Anonymousreply 545August 21, 2018 5:18 PM

Just watch....next she'll be claiming that the kid assaulted her, and that she didn't come forward because she didn't want to ruin his life.

Where's Dick Wolf when you need him?

by Anonymousreply 546August 21, 2018 5:22 PM

And yeah nobody can *make* you kill yourself but some people can drive you there & someone like sociopath Argento would take pleasure in it

by Anonymousreply 547August 21, 2018 5:24 PM

Remember in Amacord when the kid gets locked in with the big titty shop keeper? In Italy its no big deal if an older woman gives a young guy his first experience.

Spain and Portugal are like this as well.

This story is OTT and more about money than sex.

by Anonymousreply 548August 21, 2018 5:28 PM

Bruce Elliott is. longtime friend of Bourdain & wrote this (see link) NSFW

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 549August 21, 2018 5:28 PM

What the Dickens?

by Anonymousreply 550August 21, 2018 5:31 PM

R536, come sit by me!

But, but, but, Bordain said she was SO smart.

by Anonymousreply 551August 21, 2018 5:33 PM

She didn’t have sex with him but the kid raped her and then AB paid the kid 360k out of pity. Asia your story makes perfect sense!

by Anonymousreply 552August 21, 2018 5:37 PM

r549, the porno pics of Asia on that blog are photoshopped and badly so.

by Anonymousreply 553August 21, 2018 5:43 PM

Asia Argento takes after her father.

I did like Dario Argento's movies up until 'Trauma'. I was in my mid-thirties when it came out. What turned me off to Argento was he filmed 17-18 year old Asia topless in a scene that added absolutely nothing to the story. I spent the rest of that movie thinking those two have one strange relationship.

by Anonymousreply 554August 21, 2018 5:46 PM

What R553 said. The photoshop's not even good.

by Anonymousreply 555August 21, 2018 5:50 PM

I can't believe she is blaming Bourdian for the pay off. How low can you go? What a piece of work.

by Anonymousreply 556August 21, 2018 5:51 PM

Bruce Elliott is a very eccentric bar owner, artist...we all know that they are photoshopped (as does he)

by Anonymousreply 557August 21, 2018 5:52 PM

yes, in Europe it may have been no big deal. she should have fucked the kid in Italy. Not CA. What a stupid cunt.

by Anonymousreply 558August 21, 2018 5:52 PM

So is it usually a big deal in Europe when a middle aged fat guy gives a 21yo woman oral? Is that generally considered rape? Because Harvey did than in France/Cannes and Italian Asia still calls him a rapist.

Harvey is obviously a predator, as is Asia.

by Anonymousreply 559August 21, 2018 5:57 PM

Guess we know why she denied it- Argento’s statement comes after the producers of “X Factor Italy” said they would fire her from her gig as a judge on the reality singing contest if reports of the settlement with Bennett are “confirmed.”

“If the allegations reported by the New York Times today were to be confirmed, the issue would be absolutely inconsistent with Sky’s ethical principles and values and therefore … we would have no choice but to take note of it and put an end to the collaboration with Asia Argento,” the producers said in a statement to the Hollywood Reporter.

by Anonymousreply 560August 21, 2018 5:57 PM

Who has this "smoking gun" picture, and is it really of the two of them both shirtless in bed?

Depending on who has it (if it's even still around--has it since been deleted?) and what the image is, that would fuck her good. Except maybe in Italy, where she would still have a career.

by Anonymousreply 561August 21, 2018 6:00 PM

TMZ says they have a copy of it, R561, and yes, they're in bed, foreheads touching.

by Anonymousreply 562August 21, 2018 6:02 PM

She’s obviously going to say that the 17 year old forced her to have sex.

by Anonymousreply 563August 21, 2018 6:16 PM

^^Uh huh, and then she posted on SM just hours afterward how much she adored him and wanted to put him in her next movie? Sure, Jan.

by Anonymousreply 564August 21, 2018 6:19 PM

Plus after already telling us there was no sex at all.

by Anonymousreply 565August 21, 2018 6:20 PM

Simple, R564, R565, she's going to say she felt badly for him because she's known hims since he was a child and that she didn't want to ruin his life.

by Anonymousreply 566August 21, 2018 6:24 PM

I wonder if RM and RA are assisting Asia in crafting her story.

by Anonymousreply 567August 21, 2018 6:27 PM

^I think the three stooges are assisting her.

by Anonymousreply 568August 21, 2018 6:28 PM

Obviously she wasn’t in her right state of mind after she was just raped. She can’t be held responsible for things posted on social media.

And yes, Rose is helping her come up with the appropriate sorry.

by Anonymousreply 569August 21, 2018 6:29 PM

I would just about guarantee it, R567.

by Anonymousreply 570August 21, 2018 6:29 PM

R565, Uh huh. I bet she wasn't counting on those texts to come out and prove her a liar. Just like what happened with Michelle Carter. R566 is probably right with what lie she will come up with next.

by Anonymousreply 571August 21, 2018 6:29 PM

How did TMZ get the picture? And I wonder if they're allowed to publish it, or if they will be sued? Or maybe it's worth it for them even with a lawsuit.

by Anonymousreply 572August 21, 2018 6:30 PM

[quote]I wonder if RM and RA are assisting Asia in crafting her story.

Sorry, who is RA?

by Anonymousreply 573August 21, 2018 6:31 PM

Rose Army

by Anonymousreply 574August 21, 2018 6:33 PM

Rosanna Arquette

by Anonymousreply 575August 21, 2018 6:34 PM

Richard Armitage

by Anonymousreply 576August 21, 2018 6:35 PM

575 is correct.

by Anonymousreply 577August 21, 2018 6:36 PM

Fuck this cunt. Punch, delete, grease fire, done. Next!

by Anonymousreply 578August 21, 2018 6:59 PM

Will there be a part 2 to this thread?

by Anonymousreply 579August 21, 2018 6:59 PM

I'm surprised she lasted this long, she is a terrible actress.

by Anonymousreply 580August 21, 2018 7:00 PM

This photo is the essence of Asia Argento.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 581August 21, 2018 7:03 PM

that was her courtney love phase

by Anonymousreply 582August 21, 2018 7:08 PM

R579, Probably, once Jimmy tells his side of the story, Anthony Bourdain's family give their 2 cents worth, she gets fired from X-Factor, or Rose decides to turn her back on her. This story is only just beginning and it will be interesting to see the updates as it unfolds.

by Anonymousreply 583August 21, 2018 7:15 PM

Her parents must be so proud!

by Anonymousreply 584August 21, 2018 7:19 PM

Link to the leaked texts?

by Anonymousreply 585August 21, 2018 7:23 PM

Her family think this is ridiculous. In Italy this is nothing. In fact most young men would love to be in his shoes.

Its a money grab on his part. Nothing more. But Americans love litigation. For many its the only way to get hold of big money.

by Anonymousreply 586August 21, 2018 7:26 PM

R585

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 587August 21, 2018 7:27 PM

Who cares what her family thinks, R586?

Here's the tmz link, R585.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 588August 21, 2018 7:28 PM

"For many its the only way to get hold of big money."

r586, isn't that with this Italian woman did--get hold of big money?

by Anonymousreply 589August 21, 2018 7:30 PM

Uh this is a teenager estranged from the stage parents who stole from him and desperate about his fading career getting flown in by an old boss/friend who tells him she is his mommy and he is her son and she will give him work, who then quickly proceeds to get him drunk and hit it and quit it. This is straight forward abuse. Teenage boys are human too, idiots. Yes, everyone wants sex one way or another, but no one wants that.

by Anonymousreply 590August 21, 2018 7:35 PM

R588. R584 cares. Try to keep up, putana.

by Anonymousreply 591August 21, 2018 7:35 PM

by Anonymousreply 592August 21, 2018 7:36 PM

Her father is an exploitation filmmaker. She's a pig.

by Anonymousreply 593August 21, 2018 7:37 PM

Always thought very poorly of her father and that type of filmmaking precisely for that reason.

by Anonymousreply 594August 21, 2018 7:40 PM

The father and the daughter are a nasty little couple.

by Anonymousreply 595August 21, 2018 7:42 PM

New thread:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 596August 21, 2018 7:49 PM

R590 makes a good point.

by Anonymousreply 597August 21, 2018 7:52 PM

I don't like R596's thread, it won't come up if you search "Argento". I have resubmitted

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 598August 21, 2018 7:55 PM

Call Me

by Anonymousreply 599August 21, 2018 7:56 PM

By Your Name!

by Anonymousreply 600August 21, 2018 7:56 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!