Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

ICE BUSTS Man Driving Pregnant Wife To Hospital To Deliver Baby

Do you support the BUST or oppose it?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31August 20, 2018 10:26 PM

Are we sure she's not just fat?

by Anonymousreply 1August 18, 2018 6:02 PM

The story doesn't mention the status of the mother. I wonder if she is also removable.

by Anonymousreply 2August 18, 2018 6:25 PM

He was soooo close to dropping anchor, he could taste it!

by Anonymousreply 3August 18, 2018 6:26 PM

R2 Probably. The story says she doesn't even know English. I think they left her alone because of her physical state.

by Anonymousreply 4August 18, 2018 6:28 PM

"Driving Pregnant Wife To Hospital To Deliver Baby"

ICE. ICE. BABY. TOO COLD!

by Anonymousreply 5August 18, 2018 6:35 PM

I don't see the issue. He broke the law (entered the country illegally) and was arrested. If he robbed a bank, the police would have done the same thing and not let him off simply because his wife was pregnant.

by Anonymousreply 6August 18, 2018 6:36 PM

I think ICE should be abolished.

However. The woman now has six children, and from the article it doesn’t sound like they’re all fathered by this man. The couple also don’t seem to be married. Her legal status was not given and because of that I expect she herself is not a citizen and the reason ICE didn’t try to deport her may be because she’s got five “anchor baby” American citizen kids here (now six).

I have an idiot cousin who met a woman like this fifteen years ago and accidentally knocked her up. She already had a son by another man but had lost custody of him because she’d beat the boy. My cousin married her but they only lasted a couple years together as she’d just stay at home all day watching Mexican telenovellas—couldn’t cook, clean, organize, didn’t make any effort to learn English, and she had no more maternal instincts with her second son (my cousins’ boy) than she did with her first. After the divorce she got a job at a McDonalds and had child protective services called on her when she brought her three year old to work with her and left him unaccompanied in the McDonald’s playland area all day. She now has three more children (all daughters, I believe) by three other men. She has kids not because she loves them, but for the SNAP and welfare benefits that comes with having a young child. She’s not paying the hospital bills for these births any more than the woman in the article was paying for her c-section. Who pays those bills? Everyone else.

You hope that the kids will be raised in a loving home and will do well in school and get good jobs and pay taxes and ultimately be a net positive for society but that’s not a given. The public school system where I grew up used to be among the best in the country. Now it’s terrible because more than 1/3rd of incoming students are ESL. The non-immigrant kids are losing out on a good education as all the resources are going to getting the ESL students caught up, and class sizes have ballooned. This all happened in just two decades. The wealthiest parents are sending their kids to private schools because they can no longer get a competitive education in the formerly-excellent public schools. The rest of the non-immigrant kids are simply falling through the cracks.

This is the land of opportunity but it doesn’t have unlimited resources. I do wish people who come here illegally would refrain from having more than two kids.

Then again, it’s the conservatives who’ve villified and scapegoated immigrants while simultaneously diverting funds away from public healthcare and schools. The money is there: there’s enough in our country for everyone to get a great education and have free healthcare and free college. We could also prevent unwanted pregnancies by increasing access to sex ed, contraceptives, and abortions.

It’s all a mess. But no, I wouldn’t ever agree that it’s right to separate a loving parent from his or her newborn child. That benefits no one, in the short or long term.

by Anonymousreply 7August 18, 2018 6:46 PM

Yes, R6, because robbing a bank (a felony) is just the same as overstaying your visa (unlawful presence).

by Anonymousreply 8August 18, 2018 6:49 PM

What Trump and the deplorables are doing, via ICE, is *trying* to scare brown people. And ICE is going along with it despite the facts showing that this kind of activity is harmful and counterproductive to solving immigration problems. But it sure makes people who hate feel free to enjoy their hatred.

First question: where did this couple get the money for the car they were driving? The gas they were buying? Every other living expense? Clearly, one of them works; probably the father since the woman was pregnant and is now mother to a newborn. And this means, if he was here illegally, that there is an employer out there who didn't obey the law. In true DL fashion: why does the employer get off scot free, while the guy who is trying to provide a living for his family, is treated like a common criminal? It's just as illegal for the new father to work in the US without a green card as it is for an employer to pay him without proper paperwork.

Second question: does the father have an application for immigration on file? Is he here seeking asylum? Does he have other family members who are in the process of doing the paperwork to allow him to live and work in the US? Any of these facts mitigate ICE's actions.

Finally, what purpose does it serve to arrest, detain and deport someone who just had a baby? Now, the woman will qualify for government assistance. Great going! Let's overlook the reality of the situation and shove them into the box that Trump has put out there for his followers to enjoy... and end up costing taxpayers even more.

by Anonymousreply 9August 18, 2018 6:58 PM

R8 LOL...he didn't overstay his visa. He didn't have one.

by Anonymousreply 10August 18, 2018 6:59 PM

And so what's the difference between overstaying a visa and not having one? Or is it still... unlawful presence?

by Anonymousreply 11August 18, 2018 7:14 PM

One could be a simple oversight while the other is clear criminal intent

by Anonymousreply 12August 18, 2018 7:16 PM

ICE is COLD

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13August 18, 2018 7:18 PM

We simply cannot round up, pack up & ship out these grifter cunts fast enough.

by Anonymousreply 14August 18, 2018 7:26 PM

R7 you really believe there is enough money for everyone to have free education, free healthcare, and free college?

by Anonymousreply 15August 18, 2018 7:47 PM

r15 fuck yes there is. It would cost a fraction of incarcerating everyone and all the other outsourced bullshit the government pays private companies for. Other countries much less prosperous than the US manage to do it just fine.

by Anonymousreply 16August 18, 2018 9:04 PM

[quote]One could be a simple oversight while the other is clear criminal intent

Well, since we don't require visa from 38 countries, there goes that theory.

by Anonymousreply 17August 18, 2018 9:24 PM

Yes, R17, I’m sure he came from Norway

by Anonymousreply 18August 18, 2018 9:38 PM

She's apparently been here for forever and a day but she still couldn't speak a word of English on the news today. The channel had to have a translator.

ICE I guess is proceeding with his removal. Hopefully mummy and her 5 strong brood will follow.

by Anonymousreply 19August 18, 2018 9:50 PM

If she doesn't know English she may not be legal either.

by Anonymousreply 20August 18, 2018 9:52 PM

R20 Of course she's not but I suppose some of her kids are anchor babies. Congress really needs to close that gap. The Chinese, Russians, and Saudis are all coming over to drop kids here and claim dual citizenship for them. If one parent isn't a citizen, you're not.

by Anonymousreply 21August 18, 2018 10:01 PM

I think there is more to this story. ICE didn't just happen to be at a gas station. He probably has a removal order against him.

This is supposedly the 5th or 6th child so it's a safe bet taxpayers are supporting this family. None of articles I've read mention anything about either one of them being employed.

by Anonymousreply 22August 18, 2018 11:12 PM

They didn’t arrest the wife because they wanted to wait for her to deliver the baby, so they could take it away and put it in “summer camp”.

by Anonymousreply 23August 18, 2018 11:16 PM

The man was arrested for murder you dolts.

by Anonymousreply 24August 19, 2018 3:55 AM

R24 Thanks for the information. I suspected there was more to this story. NBC is confirming it:

"In a statement Saturday, the immigration agency said Arrona-Lara was the subject of an "outstanding warrant issued for his arrest in Mexico on homicide charges."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25August 19, 2018 4:07 AM

R25 What was that Trump said about murderers and rapists? Can ICE do us a favor and boot out the woman and her brood next?

by Anonymousreply 26August 19, 2018 1:38 PM

Don’t come bitch on here when you get deported driving your husband to the hospital to deliver his gayby.

by Anonymousreply 27August 19, 2018 1:45 PM

[quote] The man was arrested for murder you dolts.

But after days of spreading across the world the incomplete sob story, how few will see the actual facts. Which of course was the entire idea.

by Anonymousreply 28August 19, 2018 4:46 PM

Now on her 6th baby, all of whom were & continue to be paid for, by American taxpayers.

We need to end birthright citizenship,unless both parents are American citizens.

by Anonymousreply 29August 20, 2018 2:39 PM

[quote]We need to end birthright citizenship

I agree. Let's start with Michelle Maglalang Malkin.

[quote]unless both parents are American citizens.

If one of those parents is a citizen, the baby is automatically a citizen no matter where on planet Earth it is born.

by Anonymousreply 30August 20, 2018 10:07 PM

Birthright citizenship is fine, I just don’t agree with it when they come from all the Mexican countries. Even when they don’t come, they expect our help, like the Puerto Ricans. Let the president of Puerto Rico (if they have one) handle the hurricane.

by Anonymousreply 31August 20, 2018 10:26 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!