Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

SAM HEUGHAN, CLOSETED GAY ACTOR, LEAD IN OUTLANDER, THE SPY WHO DUMPED ME --PART 39

Carry on.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 600September 14, 2018 2:34 AM

Link to the previous thread.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1August 11, 2018 5:33 PM

PING!

by Anonymousreply 2August 11, 2018 5:54 PM

Continuing our Heughan-as-Bond-wannabe discussion from the previous thread, it bears mentioning that many of the Bond villains are portrayed as gay or lesbian. The millennials are right...

[quote]Connery's James Bond, who starred in the films between 1962 and 1982, has come in for most criticism from young people who have branded the films "transphobic, homophobic and sexist."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3August 11, 2018 5:58 PM

In fact, a millenial has written a research paper on it...

[quote]Vilifying characters that present as non-heteronormative can be traced back to the very beginning of James Bond...

[quote]...the initial choice to make Bond overly masculine and have him fight against a non-heterosexual villain began a trend throughout the films.

[quote]From one of the first installments, From Russia with Love (1963), to one of the most recent, Skyfall (2012), many of Bond’s enemies fall on the LGBTQ+ spectrum.

[quote]When Pussy Galore betrays her sexual identity and Goldfinger’s evil scheme simultaneously, the film and novel reinforce an implicit link between heterosexuality and goodness, and homosexuality and evil.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4August 11, 2018 6:12 PM

We saw “The Spy Who Dumped Me,” last night and my friend was so disgusted we argued, afterwards. Mybad for dragging an indy film cinephile snob to see a HW popcorn flick with me but I blame Heughan for not even bringing rudimentary acting skills or imagination to a mediocre script, when he had lots of opportunities to turn on the heat and show even a passing interest in his costar — he was on the screen way more than I expected. People would give their right arm for that kind of opportunity. Major flameout.

by Anonymousreply 5August 11, 2018 6:45 PM

This reviewer thinks Heughan's costar, out and proud lesbian, McKinnon deserves better...

[quote]What does Hollywood have against Kate McKinnon? It’s a question I’ve been asking for a while now as the funniest current Saturday Night Live cast member continually gets stuck in middling-to-insufferable comedies on the big screen. Remember the awful Masterminds? Or how she was one of the best parts of Ghostbusters? What about Office Christmas Party? Rough Night? Does her agent have a secret grudge against her? Did McKinnon get hexed by an evil casting curse (maybe it was those aliens)? Does Hollywood just not know what to do with a woman as comedically weird as this SNL star?

[quote]After watching McKinnon attempt to single-handedly salvage another disappointing comedy in this week’s The Spy Who Dumped Me, I still have no answers. What I do know is even when McKinnon gets handed the weakest of scripts and thinnest of characters, she still finds a way to become the film’s most enjoyable element. If anyone can make a bad buddy comedy just barely watchable, it’s McKinnon.

[quote]Kate McKinnon deserves better. Until then, she’ll continue to be Hollywood’s most reliable comedy savior, a one-woman circus act on a tightrope, juggling and balancing on one foot, all while holding up lousy studio comedies with her bare hands.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6August 11, 2018 7:07 PM

The TSWDM cinematographer does some nice portraits.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7August 11, 2018 7:11 PM

R5 I thought Sam did a find job but there was simply no chemistry between him and Mila. The script in itself wasn't anything special indeed. As predicted here before I don't think it will be a hit. There was hardly any audience to see it on a friday night here. Wonder how it is perceived and received in the US. I still think it was nice to not see Sam as Jamie Fraser for once.

R7 sure does.

by Anonymousreply 8August 11, 2018 7:45 PM

R8 *fine job

by Anonymousreply 9August 11, 2018 7:45 PM

Sam needs to remove the raised mole on his left cheek, then people will stop assuming he's gay.

by Anonymousreply 10August 11, 2018 8:53 PM

R10 Why should people stop assuming he's gay?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11August 12, 2018 1:58 AM

What does a mole have to do with a person's sexual orientation?

by Anonymousreply 12August 12, 2018 2:06 AM

Heughan brought two lesbian friends to his big Hollywood premiere. Would a straight guy do that?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13August 12, 2018 2:18 AM

The mole made him do it

by Anonymousreply 14August 12, 2018 3:18 AM

R7 If anything, the man is good look’n.... No denying that. New stylist perhaps? That recent mag photo shoot was the best so far.... Sam does have a solid career in modeling. Age won’t matter here.

by Anonymousreply 15August 12, 2018 2:53 PM

And Sam was back at EDA today, it's closed on Sundays, can't blame him for not wanting to run in the middle age housewives who are obsessed with Jamie.

R15 I liked his hair but thought he did ping very much in most of the Rake photos. Probably a stylist who works with Rake.

by Anonymousreply 16August 12, 2018 3:44 PM

EDA?

by Anonymousreply 17August 12, 2018 3:54 PM

R15 and R16 Yes, The Rake stylist also styled him in May for the Nobu launch party. She likes double-breasted suits.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18August 12, 2018 4:35 PM

R17 everyday athlete gym in Glasgow. Where John his coach works, the one who makes the workout program for MPC

by Anonymousreply 19August 12, 2018 4:37 PM

R18 she also styled Henry Cavill....hmmm....she didn't quite succeed in making these men look less gay but like I said. Sam's hair looks great.

by Anonymousreply 20August 12, 2018 4:40 PM

The stylist pings.

by Anonymousreply 21August 12, 2018 4:56 PM

Related: A frank discussion about homophobia in Hollywood and fake girlfriends, between Neil Patrick Harris, John Cameron Mitchell and Stephen Trask.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22August 12, 2018 5:28 PM

r19 thanks

by Anonymousreply 23August 12, 2018 5:49 PM

R22 thanks for sharing, interesting. What the hell is Sam doing to himself by going along with the homophobia.

by Anonymousreply 24August 12, 2018 5:53 PM

[quote]What the hell is Sam doing to himself by going along with the homophobia.

R24 Good question. He's turning into a cringe-y soundbyte machine. You can't watch his interviews without sensing the tension that he'll go off-script or something and say the wrong thing. Each answer ends with the closed mouth, lowered chin and pursed lips of someone swallowing back his truth and keeping his naturally open face in lockdown.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25August 12, 2018 6:26 PM

R25 couldn't agree more, esp. since the denial interview every interview has been the same. Whenever a different question is asked(other than TSWDM, OL, MPC) he simply doesn't give an answer.

by Anonymousreply 26August 12, 2018 7:15 PM

Face in lockdown mode...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27August 12, 2018 8:14 PM

So he’s the Rock Hudson of our time . What does a gay heartthrob looking guy do if he wants a big HW career? Since his so”soft” denial interview, fans just accept if he denied he’s gay than he’s not gay. What world are people living in? Do they think racism as well as homophobia just doesn’t exist anymore?

by Anonymousreply 28August 12, 2018 8:14 PM

Yet another interview in lockdown mode...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29August 12, 2018 8:17 PM

What's wrong with lockdown mode, bitches?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30August 12, 2018 8:24 PM

[quote] Since his so”soft” denial interview, fans just accept if he denied he’s gay than he’s not gay.

R28 You mean the Gabaldon cultists who are desperate to believe Jamie Fraser, fantasy unicorn King of Men could possibly exist?

by Anonymousreply 31August 12, 2018 8:39 PM

I'd argue that Heughan's softer style made him uniquely qualified to play the sensitive, doting 'King of Men' that his frustrated middle-aged female fans seem to crave. This ultimately submissive ‘husband' would never exist in 18th century Scotland.

by Anonymousreply 32August 12, 2018 10:12 PM

There are many reasons to believe Sam is gay. I am all for an out and proud Sam! My biggest doubt for Sam being gay is that he just lacks a certain bitchiness. Does that make any sense? I know its stereotypical to say that but he just reads kind of dorky and naive. At least in his interviews.

by Anonymousreply 33August 12, 2018 10:34 PM

R33 That's a terrible stereotype *ahem* and I'm guessing you haven't seen Heughan cut a bitch (@ 1:05)...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34August 12, 2018 10:49 PM

Ah good point! TY!

by Anonymousreply 35August 12, 2018 11:00 PM

Could he be Bi? Cause Those two look like they have definitely fucked especially in older stuff.

by Anonymousreply 36August 12, 2018 11:03 PM

They're like Will & Grace, super close but not sexual.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37August 12, 2018 11:09 PM

Is her Fiance, the Tony guy gay?

by Anonymousreply 38August 12, 2018 11:15 PM

Nobody here gives a shit about Balfe and her fiancé.

by Anonymousreply 39August 12, 2018 11:20 PM

A big reason many came to these threads was because of the “ older” stuff where Sam was trying sooo hard to make it look like he and Balfe were having sex in real life. It was so over done it clinched that he must be gay. And yes , we have discussed in old threads the fact that Sam is a gay man is what gives him the perfect sensibilities to play the fantastical king of men Jamie

by Anonymousreply 40August 12, 2018 11:25 PM

[quote]Sam is a gay man is what gives him the perfect sensibilities to play the fantastical king of men Jamie

R40 Exactly. Jamie's not the typical hetero Highlander who would be into women sexually. Gabaldon had to spackle over that gaping plot hole by making Jamie a virgin. In essence, he's like the gay male bestie.

by Anonymousreply 41August 12, 2018 11:37 PM

R41 Now that ‘Jamie’/Sam has materialized into a RL ‘bestie’ as MPC cheerleader, it’s even less likely that they’d accept his homosexuality. But everyone from Gabaldon up the chain has made bank on perpetuating the fantasy that yiur gay male bestie would fuck you.

by Anonymousreply 42August 12, 2018 11:53 PM

The wonderful Steven Cree is at it again - comment apparently made at a Starfury Highland Convention yesterday (seems to be another OL related meet and greet) when he was asked what three things he would want on a desert island: Sam Heughan; chocolate; and a condom (for the chocolate).

by Anonymousreply 43August 12, 2018 11:55 PM

R43 Link, please?

by Anonymousreply 44August 13, 2018 12:00 AM

r44 Trying, but now I can't find the damned thing again. Give me a few hours and I'll track it down again. It was buried in a retweeted retweet.

by Anonymousreply 45August 13, 2018 12:11 AM

wait Cree is gay too? And we should all care about balfes fiance. He has all the power in that mess. He could blow the lid off in a heartbeat. Not to mention that he is effeminate as all hell.

by Anonymousreply 46August 13, 2018 12:23 AM

[quote]And we should all care about balfes fiance.

R46 Uh, no, they're not the subject of this thread. But knock yourself out and feel free to start a thread on Balfe and her fiancé.

by Anonymousreply 47August 13, 2018 12:27 AM

Folks, Heughan is gay regardless of Balfe's love life. Now, will all the fantards kindly take your fan feud back to Tumblr and leave us in peace?

by Anonymousreply 48August 13, 2018 12:32 AM

Cree is married to a woman but he loves to make homoerotic comments about Heughan. From a fan who was at the Paris Con and took a pic with Sam and Steven:

[quote]" As I walked over they both said hi and Sam said something like, “oh, we like cardinals,” in reference to my jersey. They put their arms around me and we took the first picture. And then Steven says, “Sam also likes cock,” so I laughed and I’m pretty sure that’s this picture. And then I died and now I’m still dead."

Here he is at the same con being suggestive with bananas...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 49August 13, 2018 12:59 AM

your right. this is wrong forum. peace out! Stumbled upon you guys through Purv. Truly delusional wacko right there. Also I am certain that Purv is man pretending to be a woman. that's all.

by Anonymousreply 50August 13, 2018 2:59 AM

R50 This is ndeed the wrong forum for anybody still on planet Earth, what total shit you wankers spout, gay hating morons

by Anonymousreply 51August 13, 2018 3:06 AM

r44 Sorry, it won't let me link. Steven Cree's words were on the Outlander Cast ClanGathering facebook page, which is a closed group, and I guess I shouldn't have been referring to it in another forum - but it was funny, and vintage Cree. They are obviously extremely good mates.

by Anonymousreply 52August 13, 2018 3:59 AM

R51 "For anybody still on planet Earth?" Are the spaceships leaving, now?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 53August 13, 2018 4:03 AM

R52 Thanks for sharing the gist of it. Love it when Cree takes the piss.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 54August 13, 2018 5:14 AM

[quote]Also I am certain that Purv is a [sick sociopath] pretending to be a [sane] woman.

R50 Fixed it.

by Anonymousreply 55August 13, 2018 5:41 AM

Sam needs to appear straight for the big movie career he craves. Fully understand coming out, again, would hamper his chances. But, what I fail to understand is his supposed good friends outing him. Cree and Balfe both have, more than once. Cree takes every opportunity to get a dig in. Clearly if bothered Sam he would’ve put a stop to it. They’re all in the business so assume they understand the stakes.

by Anonymousreply 56August 13, 2018 7:35 AM

R56 CB is all ego and only cares about her own career, CB comes first and if it helps her career to make Sam look silly she will do it again and again. Cree I believe could be a real friend who assumes that the media won't take him seriously anyway, a person who is fed up with the HW crap.

by Anonymousreply 57August 13, 2018 10:02 AM

R55 haha thanks!

by Anonymousreply 58August 13, 2018 10:06 AM

Why would anyone assume that know what the relationship is between Cree, Cait and Sam? but since we are making assumptions I would guess that Cree & Cait are really really good friends with Sam and bet they would do just about anything for him if he needed something.

by Anonymousreply 59August 13, 2018 11:05 AM

R59 just said what I believe, CB doesn't seem very supportive of Sam's career online but he is supportive of her projects online. I'm sure they are all friends or Sam wouldn't have taken Cree to the baftas.

by Anonymousreply 60August 13, 2018 11:08 AM

Cait supports a lot of good causes and someone doesn't do that if they are only into themselves. I think the reason Might be because it just gives fodder to people who are always speculating on their relationship. but I guess it gives fodder no matter what she does.

by Anonymousreply 61August 13, 2018 11:33 AM

R61 I am not saying she is a bad person just noticing she seems less supportive of Sam than he seems of her. As far as charities go: it could just mainly be PR for the both of them.

by Anonymousreply 62August 13, 2018 11:49 AM

Sam's charities are personal to him, but turned PR to take advantage of the ladies who think donating will get them closer to Sam's zipper. Good luck ladies. Caitriona is purely PR and frankly, needs to get her spoon out of America's shit pot. As we work hard to heal divisions, she stirs it up. And, not so sure it's her place to be outing Sam when obviously he's trying so feverishly to keep it under wraps. Cree... that's his personality and he'd be taking the piss out of Sam even if he were straight.

by Anonymousreply 63August 13, 2018 12:49 PM

R63 my point if you care about a friend you are not outing them when they don't want to be

by Anonymousreply 64August 13, 2018 1:01 PM

Openly gay Jaymes Vaughn goes one on one with closeted gay Sam

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 65August 13, 2018 2:20 PM

[quote]And, not so sure it's her place to be outing Sam when obviously he's trying so feverishly to keep it under wraps. Cree... that's his personality and he'd be taking the piss out of Sam even if he were straight.

Clearly, the only way to truly support Heughan's closeting and show him you care is to deactivate your Twitter account and go off SM altogether. In other words, pretend you never existed.

by Anonymousreply 66August 13, 2018 3:00 PM

R65 well Jaymes looks relaxed and Sam just...uncomfy. Telling.

R66 true

by Anonymousreply 67August 13, 2018 3:26 PM

R66 don't forget Ross on twitter

by Anonymousreply 68August 13, 2018 3:28 PM

Heughan's PR team are the real champs at outing him with the lame bearding. And let's not forget Heughan, himself...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 69August 13, 2018 3:42 PM

r65 Sam uncomfortable, jet lagged, in a mood...not sure which, but he’s not at ease during that interview.

by Anonymousreply 70August 13, 2018 3:47 PM

We'll always have Prague...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 71August 13, 2018 3:58 PM

R71 thanks Ross/Ivan

by Anonymousreply 72August 13, 2018 4:51 PM

Did anyone see Idris Elba's tweet insinuating that he could perhaps be the next Bond?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 73August 13, 2018 6:48 PM

I am a bit disgusted at this recent charade of his. I could go along with it when he was not saying yay or nay but this is over the top. I can tell he’s acting during these recent interviews and it’s annoying. And the Salt? girl, how rediculous. Earlier interviews reveal his true pingy self. He pinged as Jamie toward the end of S3 and the director should have caught it. I don’t see it now at all. CB and Crees comments are very strange. Not sure what they want as the end result with all these comments. I used to think Balfe was sticking it to the establishment for making him stay in the closet but now with Cree it’s just odd. He would be great playing Tab Hunter on screen mainly bc he plays him daily. Hope I’m around to read Heughan’s tell all bio one day.

by Anonymousreply 74August 14, 2018 1:49 AM

R65 Sam, take a fucking nap....

by Anonymousreply 75August 14, 2018 2:09 AM

Stage notes for Heughan: When giving interviews, imagine that you're playing the part of someone who believes what he's saying.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 76August 14, 2018 4:23 AM

Wouldn't it be great if Sam could date Bristle Palin? What a cute couple!

by Anonymousreply 77August 14, 2018 4:33 AM

R77 Why?

by Anonymousreply 78August 14, 2018 4:50 AM

R74 you’re right. I guess he’s got a lot at stake now, but it’s just too much with all the self promo knowing he came right out and finally lied about being straight. He needs to calm the fuck down

by Anonymousreply 79August 14, 2018 5:22 AM

Because everyone will believe he's really straight; doesn't ping at all...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 80August 14, 2018 5:24 AM

Well, R78, Sam and Bristle have so much in common: their childhood in Malta, the failure of multiple marriages, their Taoist faith, and their Guatemalan heritage, to name a few.

by Anonymousreply 81August 14, 2018 5:39 AM

"Bristle?"

by Anonymousreply 82August 14, 2018 5:44 AM

R80 Since then he's dialed way back on the eyebrow pencil. What a shame. Everyone knows that the brows make the face!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 83August 14, 2018 6:02 AM

Agreed I loved his penciled brows and lipstick. It was very cute

by Anonymousreply 84August 14, 2018 6:06 AM

Serious Sambrows...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 85August 14, 2018 6:30 AM

BatSambrows...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 86August 14, 2018 6:51 AM

Related: Do you miss Heughan's expressive eyebrows? So do we. Says Rita Moreno, if we're feminine or flamboyant gay actors we need to rock that shit with pride or some straight guy without shame will sashay in and do it for us...

[quote]Moreno recounted a story at the Outfest Los Angeles LGBTQ Film Festival that presented a different possibility: Straight actors, because they never had to live with gay shame, may be less inhibited in their performances as queer and flamboyant characters.

[quote]"We still can have a lot of shame and we have a lot of internalized homophobia," said Droege, who frequently observes bottom-shaming and fem-shaming among queer peers. "I don't have any straight friends that think being flamboyant is a bad thing. All my straight friends are like, 'Good for you. I love it.' ... But we get together, and there's so many times I see gay men tamping each other down."

[quote]Both Droege and Urie said it is gay executives behind the scenes who often push for a glut of serious, "straight-acting" gay characters in film and television, which in turn contributes to a culture of fem-shaming.

[quote]"So many gay men, especially the generation above ours, had to act so macho and hetero in order to survive," Droege added. "And so they see these young [queer] kids and they recoil because they're like, 'I wasn't allowed to be that way. It must be nice to act that way. It must be nice to put on a dress and wear makeup.' And so they have homophobia because they couldn't deal with that in themselves."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 87August 14, 2018 7:59 AM

Sing it!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 88August 14, 2018 8:05 AM

[quote]Openly gay Jaymes Vaughn goes one on one with closeted gay Sam

[quote]Jaymes looks relaxed and Sam just...uncomfy. Telling.

R65 and R67 Indeed, and here's an interview from his Chippendale days talking about why he's out and proud...

[quote]ED: Are you the first openly gay member of the Chippendales?

[quote]JV: Yes, that is actually my title, The First Open Gay Member of the Chippendales. I didn’t want to be a part of a show that would put me on magazine covers and billboards while hiding that part of my life. I didn’t want some teenager to see me and think that I was being successful because I was hiding my sexuality. We really have changed the show. It is not just the ultimate girl’s night out, it is the ultimate night out for anyone. The support from the company has been amazing.

[quote]ED: Is there a message that you would like to send out to LGBTQ youth?

[quote]JV: Yes, on all of my social media I have a hashtag that says Be You. I think that is the best message ever. For me, I became the most successful in my life when I started to be out and completely me. People really need to know and like the real you. Just be yourself and get people in your life that love you for being you.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 89August 14, 2018 9:00 AM

Vaughan is also proud to show off his boyfriend, Jonathan Bennett, like normal people in love.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 90August 14, 2018 9:25 AM

I just watched the interview with Jaymes again. Jaymes is totally laid back, flirty even, and Sam is doing all he can not to ping and not flirt back. If you have to try that hard Sam is it really worth it? I think not.

by Anonymousreply 91August 14, 2018 12:11 PM

R90. FFS, SAM! This is the look of love and happiness. You’ve made your coin, darling. You’re secure. Your family is secure. Get out and and be free. PS; I’d pay good money for your brows. Quit hiding ‘em. You’re beautiful...

by Anonymousreply 92August 14, 2018 2:58 PM

R91 yes Sam is trying too hard a hetero guy wouldn't even try that hard to avoid being flirty or even making contact with an interviewer

by Anonymousreply 93August 14, 2018 3:09 PM

and he RTed TB again....quit it Sam.

by Anonymousreply 94August 14, 2018 4:52 PM

The beard is like a business associate. You make a starving D-list actress into a "social influencer" and I'll make a former openly gay guy with no dating history try to look hetero. Why not cross-promote?

by Anonymousreply 95August 14, 2018 5:15 PM

I'd rather see him cross-dress than cross-promote but you have a point r95

by Anonymousreply 96August 14, 2018 5:30 PM

The King of Menopause sure can deliver those Gabaldon cultists and their SM eyeballs to advertisers. That’s his real clout. Lionsgate and Sony Pictures know it, too.

by Anonymousreply 97August 14, 2018 5:35 PM

R96 From his Sunken Place, I'm sure Heughan agrees.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 98August 14, 2018 5:41 PM

maybe he is just Supporting a friend.

by Anonymousreply 99August 14, 2018 6:02 PM

He’s off playing soldiers according to his instagram, prepping for his second project this hiatus probably. Seems he’s going to SA, then to a weekend Chicago con, and back to SA, with a return to US for NY Con and S4 promo in Oct/Nov. There was mention of filming in Budapest too. Movie number 2 to be fitted in somewhere. Exhausting schedule . A lot of jet lag. No holiday time. In his business you have to strike while the iron is hot, but not kill yourself with exhaustion doing it.

by Anonymousreply 100August 14, 2018 8:08 PM

R98 that's right...not in the least the "sunken place" part.

R100 he can't keep this up all the time...collapse is inevitable unless he is on something. Is he really going to do more cons???? I thought he cancelled the rest that were planned.

by Anonymousreply 101August 14, 2018 8:39 PM

[quote]Is he really going to do more cons???

Does the tin-man have a sheet metal cock? $$$

by Anonymousreply 102August 14, 2018 8:50 PM

r101. He’s still scheduled to attend the Chicago and New York cons, he could cancel again of course, but it’s not a good look, or pleasing to the promotors who have to suddenly scramble to fill his place. He knew what work he’d signed on for this summer, as well as the movie and S4 promos, so why he signed up for cons too is beyond me. It leaves fans out of pocket as they don’t offer refunds other that personal autograph and photography sessions. Cons are expensive for the fan and lucrative for the star.

by Anonymousreply 103August 14, 2018 9:02 PM

I wonder how long he will filming in SA. Does anyone know?

by Anonymousreply 104August 14, 2018 10:14 PM

I guess one would really need to be a marathon runner to keep up his pace. He seems a bit manic as well so that helps I’m sure.

by Anonymousreply 105August 14, 2018 10:30 PM

R95 Exactly. R99 That would almost be believable had they never started the fauxmance shit-parade in the first place. Too late now.

by Anonymousreply 106August 15, 2018 6:20 AM

Exactly, R106. That's why I am rooting for Bristle Palin.

by Anonymousreply 107August 15, 2018 7:33 AM

I guess he knows this closeting and the rest of the bad PR is a sliding scale or a downward spiral. Check the link. "Trying hard not to slide off the cliff... in every sense!" to quote Sam himself.

When I read stuff like this I just don't understand a career is worth it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 108August 15, 2018 12:43 PM

r108 the HW prize seems to be worth it in his eyes. Enough to hide his true self “living his life in a cave” (his words). To constantly lie, hide your Partners, and fear the sword above your head falling with one wrong word to an untrustworthy person, one dodgy fan sighting, hotel worker to tabloid,, there isn’t enough diazepam in the world to make that life easy.

by Anonymousreply 109August 15, 2018 1:26 PM

R109 word.we'll see how long he'll be able to keep this shit up. Man the fuck up Sam. There are plenty of people out and proud and plenty who would support you regardless of your sexuality.

by Anonymousreply 110August 15, 2018 1:42 PM

Cree is on a roll again. LOL. He almost makes this stupidity worth watching. He has got to terrify SHs PR. Cree = Immidiate Damage Control. Always on the of complete Sam exposure. He doesn’t give one shit. It’s like he’s forever giving JA the finger. Go Cree!

by Anonymousreply 111August 15, 2018 3:00 PM

R111 Please have the courtesy to post the fucking link. We have no idea what you're talking about.

by Anonymousreply 112August 15, 2018 3:29 PM

Basically, he's saying Sam is a little shit.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 113August 15, 2018 5:12 PM

Cree’s keepin’ it real. Is Heughan a poster boy for automatic weapons, now? Actor or not, he deserves to be roundly bitch-slapped for that one.

by Anonymousreply 114August 15, 2018 6:24 PM

......he doesn’t care if he is the poster boy for automatic weapons.....he has not thought that out yet.......

by Anonymousreply 115August 15, 2018 6:35 PM

well it was just airsoft.... in his defense: it's more like a hobby not like real guns or the American 2nd amendment. It's not an uncommon hobby here in Europe though I believe Sam did this for a project.....

by Anonymousreply 116August 15, 2018 7:53 PM

R102 my bad. You are right. I just though he had cancelled them all. The money indeed must be worth it.

by Anonymousreply 117August 15, 2018 7:55 PM

Looking at his new hobby of posting even more IG photos of himself, does anyone think he’s a secret scrapbooker? The stickers, the slogans etc. I think when he’s home in the evening he does a lot of cute crafting with pics of himself, trips, friends.

by Anonymousreply 118August 16, 2018 4:17 AM

Related: "Ruby Rose quit Twitter after her critics claimed she wasn’t LGBT enough to play a lesbian Batwoman. The real issues are the lack of LGBT representation and roles for out actors."

[quote]The struggle to get these stories told, to get these characters into the cultural mainstream, to encourage these actors to be out, has coincided with a time of feverish identity politics

[quote]“Beneath all of this is fear. Hollywood, no matter that many, many LGBT people work there, is scared of LGBT material. It is scared of how to sell that material.”

[quote]Hollywood sells sexuality, femininity, and masculinity to audiences, and for years its parameters for doing so have been narrow, and oppressively patrolled.

[quote]Meanwhile, while a growing number of LGBT actors have come out in recent years, those who have not are echoing the atmosphere of Hollywood, where a fear of openness affects the movies that are made, who makes them, and who stars in them.

[quote]If we want more LGBT actors playing LGBT roles, there needs to be—first—LGBT roles for them to fill, and an environment where careers are not imperiled because of an actor’s desire to live openly as who they are.

[quote]And for that, Hollywood itself has to come out, and grow up.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 119August 16, 2018 5:11 AM

R119 great article

R118 haha wouldn't surprise me. The IG stories and stuff are a bit over the top. He spends so much time on IG since he has reached 1million followers....ego

by Anonymousreply 120August 16, 2018 7:47 AM

The IG plugging is over the top.

by Anonymousreply 121August 16, 2018 5:53 PM

Another cancelled con.

by Anonymousreply 122August 16, 2018 6:16 PM

this is the same one that was cancelled a few weeks ago

by Anonymousreply 123August 16, 2018 6:18 PM

Sam, take heed.....

Happy Anniversary, Portia & Ellen <3

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 124August 16, 2018 6:23 PM

I don’t understand how he hasn’t cancelled Chicago yet?

by Anonymousreply 125August 16, 2018 6:29 PM

I'm sure all these cancellations are bothering him so maybe he is going to try and make the Chicago one.

by Anonymousreply 126August 16, 2018 6:32 PM

Supposedly it was his visa issue keeping him from filming. Not a change in filming schedule. Aren’t all the other actors there?

by Anonymousreply 127August 16, 2018 6:41 PM

r125 Apparently Chicago don't announce actor cancellations until a week before the event. They use the big names to pull in the crowds then......no refunds, it’s in the small print. Is possible Sam cancelled both together, but only one announced. I can’t see him coming back from SA for Chicago and going straight back after a couple of days. Bloodshot seems to be off schedule already and a role has been recast, so if I was a gambler I’d bet on a no show at any con.

by Anonymousreply 128August 16, 2018 7:12 PM

Yeah, Sam is riding his bike over in Scotland per his IG story. All the while not attending a con.

by Anonymousreply 129August 16, 2018 7:34 PM

R128 exactly I thought had already cancelled all the cons but I don't believe he'll go to Chigaco.

I also don't believe he feels that bad about cancelling(maybe a tad bit sorry for the fans en the money), on the latest con photo's he looked wasted and unhappy.

R124 great example and beautiful words by Wayne Dyer, he was a great and wise man.

by Anonymousreply 130August 16, 2018 7:47 PM

I think Sam’s missing all these Cons on purpose. He wants to put himself above the OL cast and create a bigger desire to see him. How lame would it be if he attended all the cons along with the lesser actors. He probably could attend most of them but chose not to , while still posting constantly on SM.

by Anonymousreply 131August 16, 2018 7:49 PM

Is Sam supposed to hide because he couldn't be in Jersey? how easy do you think it is to just keep jumping on planes and going all over the place with no rest?

by Anonymousreply 132August 16, 2018 7:59 PM

R131 good point, reading his last tweets he seems to suggest he is SA already?! I thought he was still in Scotland, that he'd be there for 10 days.

by Anonymousreply 133August 16, 2018 8:13 PM

Whilst I don’t fully agree with you r131, you may have a point. I think he may be over cons generally and not necessarily cast status. He wants to be a ‘movie star’. He’s two more seasons to film and with them come cons. I can see his future hiatus being filled with movie roles. Unfortunately signing up for cons, when you have little expectation of attending is leaving fans out of pocket and disgruntled. Swanning around on IG stories isn’t helping your look.

by Anonymousreply 134August 16, 2018 8:22 PM

r134 and before. May be he just needs some private time with his guy?

by Anonymousreply 135August 16, 2018 8:25 PM

Playing hard to get once your name is out there is an important step to being in demand. He didn’t show for a con with the cast in Rome and then appeared by himself a couple weeks later to make it up to the fans. That was a good PR move that gave him the spotlight. He’s smart and ambitious.

by Anonymousreply 136August 16, 2018 8:33 PM

R136 well at least his PR doesn't suck all the time

R135 let's hope so

by Anonymousreply 137August 16, 2018 8:36 PM

r137. Interesting for me as the PR-Oracle.

He is obvioisly capable and allowed to do his own PR now on SM. Therefore all his IG stories.

I can see Sam and his PR team at the table in the conference room discussing new and better strategies.

Sam Heughan gay actor wants to get a movie star. And all the people he needs for that will do everything for that. Because making him a movie star secures their Jobs.

Interesting qoute from one oft his co stars at a con. May be some one will find it. It was from Nell Hudson or Lauren Lyle at a Q&A

Something like: "Sam Heughan is not the King of men"

by Anonymousreply 138August 16, 2018 8:54 PM

Me r138 again.

Nice times here. No Nazi insulting. Peaceful. Interesting posts and links.

Next story to dig out. What happened to TSWDM movie.

My prediction for Germany: Straight to DVD. No movie opening at the announced date end of August.

by Anonymousreply 139August 16, 2018 8:59 PM

r139. I think TSWDM comes out in uk/Ireland this week and Continental Europe next week. No big premiere this side of pond as far as I know. No appearances scheduled on talk shows to promote. May fade away quickly to DVD without that extra advertising.

by Anonymousreply 140August 16, 2018 9:25 PM

r140.. I am close to doubt there will be anykind of movie screening outside UK in EU Europe.

by Anonymousreply 141August 16, 2018 9:30 PM

[R141] TSWDM is currently screening in NL

by Anonymousreply 142August 16, 2018 9:38 PM

in poland too

by Anonymousreply 143August 16, 2018 9:39 PM

R138 hi buddy where ya been? I saw that comment by Lauren Lyle too about the king of men. Lol

by Anonymousreply 144August 16, 2018 9:40 PM

Could that be a veiled reference to Princess Tinymeat?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 145August 17, 2018 3:01 AM

[quote]Cree... that's his personality and he'd be taking the piss out of Sam even if he were straight.

R63 Apparently, it's not just Cree and Balfe who like taking the piss out of Sam.

by Anonymousreply 146August 17, 2018 3:19 AM

Sam cancelled Chicago con. King of men is now King of the Con. Unhappy people out there tonight.

by Anonymousreply 147August 17, 2018 4:05 AM

Oh nooooooo...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 148August 17, 2018 4:33 AM

R147 wins the thread for best triple entendre.

by Anonymousreply 149August 17, 2018 4:39 AM

That Cultists need to face it. Their fantasy boy is gone and he's not coming back. They also need to face the fact that SH doesn't give one shit either.

by Anonymousreply 150August 17, 2018 5:41 AM

Has Heughan fallen off his giant, phallic pedestal? Are the Gabaldon cultists laying for his ass?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 151August 17, 2018 6:08 AM

about time that reality kicks in. Freedom over ego. The past few weeks have been sad. The pretence and ego.

by Anonymousreply 152August 17, 2018 2:14 PM

Desperado- why don't you come to your senses, you been riden' fences for so long now...

by Anonymousreply 153August 17, 2018 5:04 PM

Some of the comments under his twitter apology are ass kissingly sickening and he’s even liked some. Ego much? Tumblr’s ripping him a new one. At least he had the grace to make an apology statement. CB has cancelled and going to Chicago on a day no one else is there, and not a word.

by Anonymousreply 154August 17, 2018 6:08 PM

R145 he is a tall guy and from what I've seen(like the deadlift vid) the most negative thing would be that he might not be a grower but this size looks fine to me....probably not a monster cock but not tiny either. Of course I don't kow what Ross/Ivan is used to.....

by Anonymousreply 155August 17, 2018 6:08 PM

R154 yes true...I noticed too that Balfe didn't tweet anything. Clever woman. Sam should've done the same.

by Anonymousreply 156August 17, 2018 6:10 PM

Why does Sam not got a second passport? When travelling a lot I ve got two. Because some countries like the VAE dont give you access when being in Israel before. And r142 and r143. Do you know anything about the box office in your countries for the movie?

by Anonymousreply 157August 17, 2018 6:36 PM

R157 I don't know if one is allowed to to have two passports when having 1 nationality in the EU.

I am from the Netherlands too like our other poster, but I don't think the spy film is doing well here.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 158August 17, 2018 6:44 PM

r158. I am only a german citizen. And I had two passport. May be it is not longer possible. But it was also because of this visa stuff.

by Anonymousreply 159August 17, 2018 7:22 PM

He liked this, lol.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 160August 17, 2018 7:33 PM

R160 and??

by Anonymousreply 161August 17, 2018 8:28 PM

Vodden is a coach at that gym in La. Heughan was photographed working out there. He likes what he sees. Who wouldn't?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 162August 17, 2018 9:06 PM

Cree gets one in...

[quote]I’ve been In your company. I would argue they’ll definitely have a better time in your absence.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 163August 17, 2018 9:56 PM

You know, what I really actualy like about thread #39 about gay actor Sam Heughan?

The input here. The finding new links, new informations and stories.

No one is calling me a Nazi or complaining about my english. It is really calmful place here after our MT had left here and may be also OL fandom. May be adorable gay actor Sam Heughan made a good choice being officially connected with his long time lesbian GF Amy at the dumb movie RC. Caught a lot oft flies with one hit.

Intersting times nowadays.

by Anonymousreply 164August 17, 2018 10:47 PM

And If you want to have some more fun, I know it is very early Saturday in Europe, just have a look at the basement guy tumblr. Great fun to read when there is nothing on TV

by Anonymousreply 165August 17, 2018 10:53 PM

R164 This thread is viewed as diseased and populated by nasty gay hating fat fraus, coming here is like being covered in vomit and stupidity. You nazi cunt

by Anonymousreply 166August 17, 2018 10:57 PM

Oh. This is interesting. New troll on the post above me reply 166 just have set some alarm. No posting history on this thread.

by Anonymousreply 167August 17, 2018 11:05 PM

R159 same in NL. second passport is valid for 2 years. And you can only apply for one if you need it for the visa stuff a lot or if you are visiting countries who are in conflict with each other.

R157 I have no idea... It is 6th in the top 20 for last week.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 168August 17, 2018 11:08 PM

r168. Close to german law. For us it is six years, but you have to argue it again why you need it. I had two, but there was no more need for that, so I did not ask for it anylonger.

I do not know there is the same possibilty for UK citizens like gay actor Sam Heughan.

by Anonymousreply 169August 17, 2018 11:31 PM

[post redacted because independent.co.uk thinks that links to their ridiculous rag are a bad thing. Somebody might want to tell them how the internet works. Or not. We don't really care. They do suck though. Our advice is that you should not click on the link and whatever you do, don't read their truly terrible articles.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 170August 17, 2018 11:38 PM

R170 and R169 what I meant to say is that it looks like the same rules apply for UK

by Anonymousreply 171August 17, 2018 11:52 PM

r171.Mine german expired after six years and there was no longer a reason for this.

I do not unterstand why all this high payed people around gay actor Sam Heughan are so duimb.

by Anonymousreply 172August 18, 2018 12:32 AM

R166 = SpazPurv who's constantly lurking because she knows Heughan's gay denial wasn't very convincing. Same old hate spew: 1) abusive ("nasty") 2) homophobic ("gay-hating") 3) overweight ("fat") 4) female ("frau," "cunt") projecting her self-loathing onto a group of anonymous posters. Gotta crush that cognitive dissonance whenever the drugs wear off!

by Anonymousreply 173August 18, 2018 1:14 AM

TSWDM already down to evening showinsg only in my local US theater; already gone from our bigger theater.

by Anonymousreply 174August 18, 2018 1:20 AM

Heughan and Balfe are now very important people! Just ask them, they’ll tell you! Not for them those simple things in life like turning up at an event when hardworking people have scrimped and saved to get there! Sam was quite happy to travel overseas for short “papped”meetings with a dumb talentless fake blond as part of the ongoing farce which his “private” life has become. Turning up to a con (what an apt description!) which fans have paid to attend is just far too difficult. He’s “gutted” once again (surprised he has any left given how he’s overused those expression!) but the cat ate his passport! As to “I have a really bad haircut and think I’m really smart” Balfe, she should stop preaching to others all while living a privileged HW lifestyle. Heughan and Balfe are hypocrites.

by Anonymousreply 175August 18, 2018 3:34 AM

r175 Preach!

by Anonymousreply 176August 18, 2018 4:00 AM

R175 I totally agree! I just met friends at SDCC this year , and this was my first Con. They are not rich people, but SDCC is something they do each year and I had not seen them in 10+ years, so I decided to go. What an awesome experience, and what a non-judgemental crowd. I wore a “Baby Groot Shoulder Puppet” everyday with colorful leggings and fit right in......that being said, I am appalled at the series of Con cancellations by Heughan and Balfe, and fans acting like “that is OK, it’s business”. I am sorry but in true business you confirm those commitments up front when signing the contract. I have signed many a business contracts with caveats for future dates I have commitments (weddings, etc). If they deny you the time off you already know 6 months out signing the contract and can let people know you can’t make it. This last minute informing those Con people is BS.....PS. SDCC had Tons of A Listers there, cast of Walking Deas, Guardians Of Galaxy, Wonder Woman, and they seemed to have been available sans scheduling issues...

by Anonymousreply 177August 18, 2018 4:55 AM

A reply to Cree re: con cancellations on Twitter. Ouch! Sorry, don't know how to link.

Sam Heughan is a closeted actor who doesn't give a rat's ass if he disappoints fans who pay to worship at the altar of Heughan but they worship a fake God who is nothing but a con man himself. He's as gay as a pansy and tries to hide it but fails miserably.

by Anonymousreply 178August 18, 2018 4:56 AM

R175 You know this, but yet you fork over your hard-earned ca$h to follow Heughan all over the globe so you can stand in line for hours to get his autograph? Why? So you can impress the other fantards? smh

by Anonymousreply 179August 18, 2018 5:07 AM

No, they $pend down their $aving$ and follow Heughan all over the globe so they can listen to him dodge their questions, be inauthentic and avoid sharing any spontaneous, personal anecdotes.

by Anonymousreply 180August 18, 2018 5:31 AM

I’ll be scratching that off my bucket list.

by Anonymousreply 181August 18, 2018 6:04 AM

R178 Sounds like some homophobic Gabaldon cultist is having a meltdown because Sam isn't 'Jamie.'

by Anonymousreply 182August 18, 2018 6:16 AM

R179 There’s nothing in R175’s comment to suggest that they’ve wasted $s on going to cons. There’s just a broader commentary on the problematic behaviour of Sam and his co-star with respect to cons. They both have a bad track record of cancelling at short notice in comparison to many A-listers who’ve worked out that it’s hard to stay at the top if you don’t have fan support.

by Anonymousreply 183August 18, 2018 6:20 AM

Looks like Heughan was playacting at the gym, accusing Valbonesi of bullying him. So is that his real accent or does he just revert to whichever one fits the situation? There's a DL thread on Jennifer Ehle doing that; it's called bidialectalism.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 184August 18, 2018 6:33 AM

“Suggest you ignore” the bullying Sam, eh?

by Anonymousreply 185August 18, 2018 6:49 AM

Looks like "Hollywood Sam" has gotten too bigheaded to put the gym equipment back properly after using it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 186August 18, 2018 8:05 AM

r175. Nailed it.

by Anonymousreply 187August 18, 2018 8:07 AM

R184 it's more like he's slipping. Because he is probably tired from working out he slips, you can hear little bit of his original accent but he is still trying to hide it. Supposedly he only speaks his own dialect off camera with other Scots. That's what I have heard from Scots who have talked to him anyway.The Jamie accent is Highland Scottish so not his own dialect either.

by Anonymousreply 188August 18, 2018 9:01 AM

I see all the hateful people from tumble have shown up

by Anonymousreply 189August 18, 2018 11:31 AM

Let's get back on topic please. Go back to Tumblr if you want to bitch about Cons and such. We're here for Gay Sam discussions and no, it doesn't matter if you throw in a few "Gay Sam" or "Closeted Sam" descriptors.

by Anonymousreply 190August 18, 2018 3:50 PM

The cancelled con and more pertinently, Sam’s reaction is a valid discussion. Has his star risen sufficiently that he feels above such things? Has “Hollywood Sam” become a fame dick? Is he believing his own PR and press? Yes, work got in the way and he couldn’t be released or didn’t have a passport, he knew this would be the case, yet he left it to the last min to make a statement, and this naturally gave rise to discussion about the change in him. Now, fame came to him later and he struggled as a younger actor, it shouldn’t go to his head. His initial fans came built in, he didn’t have to lift a finger to court them. The movie star Sam we’ve seen in 2018 isn’t the same guy. His gym buddies have noticed the change, taking the piss in a IG.

by Anonymousreply 191August 18, 2018 4:15 PM

The passport thing is bizarre. Isn’t that what the personal assistant is for? The mundane details that are easily lost but really important? Especially since so much of his time when he’s not filming is promoting what he filmed and that involves a lot of travel.

by Anonymousreply 192August 18, 2018 4:38 PM

r191 I don't think you understand. This is a gay board. This discussion is Only about Sam being gay or not. It is not what he does to make You happy or unhappy. his cancellations have absolutely nothing to do with the discussion.

by Anonymousreply 193August 18, 2018 4:43 PM

R193 its about Sam being gay.

by Anonymousreply 194August 18, 2018 4:50 PM

r193. If it were only about his sexuality, all bases would’ve been covered in a couple of threads. Sam, and people generally, are more than their sexuality. He used to be humble, enthusiastic and affable. He’s now a Hollywood cookie cutter star. Or wants to be. I think the changes in his perception worthy of discussion. Perhaps multi-dimensional discussions aren’t your thing.

by Anonymousreply 195August 18, 2018 4:59 PM

r194 isn't that what I said?

r195 maybe there should be two discussions. The original topic and one for all the people from tumblr where you can discuss Sam to no end. not sure why you can't keep doing it on tumblr but whatever.

by Anonymousreply 196August 18, 2018 5:04 PM

Am I the only one who feels that his cancellations, the way he deals with things lately are a reflection of him, Sam being insincere? Closeting was the start of his decay, to me all this is cause and effect. Someone mentioned earlier on that his soul is eroding, well it could very well be. Bearding was step 1, the soft denial step 2. It's going from bad to worse. So it is still very much about him being gay, out and proud I feel not all of this would have happened to this extend. Now it is just a downward spiral, once you give in why not sell your soul all the way.

by Anonymousreply 197August 18, 2018 6:43 PM

R197. Agreed, these deceptions all encompasses the downward personal spiral of “Closeted Gay Sam”!

by Anonymousreply 198August 18, 2018 7:02 PM

how come none of you are talking about what he did for those in NJ today? or about all the wonderful comments about what he did? hardly anyone here says anything positive anymore. It used to be mostly positive but has turned completely around. Is that because of the tumblr people?

by Anonymousreply 199August 18, 2018 7:10 PM

R199 you talking about the Skype thing(NJ)?

by Anonymousreply 200August 18, 2018 7:18 PM

yes

by Anonymousreply 201August 18, 2018 7:19 PM

R201 he did that from Scotland didn't he? he was supposed to be filming.

by Anonymousreply 202August 18, 2018 7:21 PM

Looks like he can’t leave Scotland just yet.

by Anonymousreply 203August 18, 2018 7:34 PM

R196 no, you said if he was gay or not...

by Anonymousreply 204August 18, 2018 7:35 PM

R203 this is my point, at least be honest. The core of everything here on DL about him. He is not being honest, at-all.

by Anonymousreply 205August 18, 2018 7:38 PM

Apparently he is in Scotland, doesn’t have his passport. Held up getting visa to work in South Africa. Passport has not been released back to him.

by Anonymousreply 206August 18, 2018 7:44 PM

R206 and how easy would it have been to say that his passport didn't get cleared yet? it has nothing to do with the filming schedule. How easy would it have been to not say "it's not true"(regarding to his sexuality). He could have simply answered, love is love or I keep my private life private.

by Anonymousreply 207August 18, 2018 8:07 PM

I love the rainbow 🌈 flag speaker in SH’s IG story.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 208August 18, 2018 8:32 PM

[quote]Closeting was the start of his decay, to me all this is cause and effect. Someone mentioned earlier on that his soul is eroding, well it could very well be.

R197 I agree. We've posted before about Ellen Page who talks about how her activism is based on the soul eroding effect that the Hollywood Closet had on her life.

[quote]Page described the pressure not to come out from those inside the entertainment industry as insidious, saying she never felt like she could bring a woman to an event like the Oscars before coming out. “No one’s ever been so direct as to say, ‘You’re gay, so we’re gonna hide it.’ But there’s an unspoken thing going on. [People] believe it’s the right thing to do for your career. They don’t realise it’s eroding your soul. It was eventually about me being like, Wait, why am I listening to that? At what point did I let those things become important?”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 209August 18, 2018 8:33 PM

Snippet of Heughan skyping in to the NJ con...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 210August 18, 2018 8:55 PM

his soul is not eroding.

by Anonymousreply 211August 18, 2018 9:01 PM

R208 he has used that rainbow colored megaphone on a couple IG stories now. I’m thinking his PR wouldn’t intentionally do that. Give us all the clues Sammy!!

by Anonymousreply 212August 18, 2018 9:23 PM

Aren't a lot of the icons available in IG stories rainbow colored?

by Anonymousreply 213August 18, 2018 9:26 PM

[quote]his soul is not eroding.

R211 If you've just pulled off a coup and you look thrilled with yourself, your soul is not eroding? He's practically doing a happy dance. Now that he's figured out a way to Skype for a few minutes instead of actually flying across the pond and dealing with that obsessed mob I'll bet he feels like he's just managed the scam of the century.

by Anonymousreply 214August 18, 2018 9:31 PM

He mollified all the fantards with a virtual injection of feelgood opiates which will wear off in a few hours.

by Anonymousreply 215August 18, 2018 9:42 PM

[quote]he has used that rainbow colored megaphone on a couple IG stories now

Well, he tweeted nothing in support of Pride Month, which was notably absent compared to prior years. Then he made insulting remarks equating gays with 'campiness' during his clumsy closeting with the gay denial interview. A straight guy would have just said, 'I don't really care," rather than ‘I mean, it’s not true, but I don’t really care’. At this point, he'll need a stronger megaphone.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 216August 18, 2018 10:40 PM

Wait a minute , we don’t all follow him on tumblr and Twitter. You’re saying he canceled the con appearance and Skyped in a greeting? or answered audiences questions for a lengthy period of time? And somehow this is a great thing to do for fans? Did he do it for free or to insure he got paid for appearing? I don’t think he’s the devil, but I don’t blindly admire everything he does. He always has ulterior motives; he’s living a lie.

by Anonymousreply 217August 19, 2018 1:03 AM

R217 I don't know if he answered questions but both Ciatriona and him skyped in at the con. Couldn't have been a long sessions(most likely). R214 agree. He is fucking with his fans again, posting a pic of LA(link). He knows some will think that instead of filming in SA or the con he is visiting LA. All the while still being in Scotland. The passport stuff would have been a valid excuse. All of this is just a shitshow. And wer're back to lousy PR of a closeted gay actor having his eye on the big HW prize.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 218August 19, 2018 8:01 AM

Skyping at a con is the dictionary definition of phoning it in

by Anonymousreply 219August 19, 2018 8:51 AM

yes, he answered questions.

by Anonymousreply 220August 19, 2018 11:07 AM

R220 Q: Sam, are you gay?A: I mean, it's not true but I don't really care. ;)

by Anonymousreply 221August 19, 2018 2:31 PM

R218 I see Heughan, a watch, sunglasses, a car and LA. Instagram is all about shilling brands.

R219 Good one. It's a big deal to cancel on people; a huge fuck up. But what a relief. He gets to escape strangers' bodies violating his personal space. He gets to avoid being asked questions he'd rather not answer. He gets to avoid witnessing all those depressingly obsessed people waiting in lines for hours. He gets to avoid socializing with people with whom he has nothing in common and with whom he'd ever choose to spend time. What a relief to go back to the gym.

by Anonymousreply 222August 19, 2018 5:14 PM

r222 OMG PLEASE go back to tumblr

by Anonymousreply 223August 19, 2018 5:18 PM

It must be exhausting to be this closeted.

by Anonymousreply 224August 19, 2018 5:19 PM

Please stop with all the Con discussions; it's so boring. We get it; the King of Men let you all down and no longer lives up to your secret fantasies about him. He's moved on from Outlander and will only do the minimum now to meet his contractual obligations. We're discussing Gay Sam whether it be TV Sam or Movie Sam. This isn't an Outlander discussion board.

by Anonymousreply 225August 19, 2018 7:20 PM

R225 I understand what you are saying but to me it was never ever about OL, I've not even seen it all. It was more about closeted actor Sam Heughan who doesn't seem to have any sincerity left since the soft denial interview. It seems to get worse and worse and I am disappointed. I thought he was a hot guy doing the minimum of bearding(which I do not condone) but lately.....

by Anonymousreply 226August 19, 2018 7:33 PM

R223 = James Dean troll. I've never been on Dumblr, twat. Shall I quote you from a previous thread telling us to stop our discussion because it forces Heughan's PR to scrub the internet? Fuck the hell off.

by Anonymousreply 227August 19, 2018 8:00 PM

R226 I agree, you have to take his Outlander or into consideration when discussing his closeting. That’s where and why it started. We need to read between any lines we can because he’s not coming out anytime soon, if ever. I think practically everything he shows in public is acting and he wouldn’t want fans to know about his personal life even if he wasn’t closeted. He’s kind of weird compared to a lot of other actors ( who are generally a weird bunch). He’s just so inauthentic it’s tireso

by Anonymousreply 228August 19, 2018 8:01 PM

All was predictible. After OL he moved on. The only thing I could not see was the renewal for S 5 and S 6.

The preview critics for the dumb spy movie in Germany are bad, one critic is calling Sam "the pretty boy from OL" and his acting in the movie colorless and not believable as the tough spy.

Hollywood is farer away for him than before cast as Jamie.

by Anonymousreply 229August 19, 2018 8:03 PM

R223, R228 DL is a place for discussing LGBT issues. I agree that it's relevant to talk about the trajectory of closeting and a closed actor's career as it pertains to the thread topic. We're not interested in "fandom wars," celebrity worship and boring, humorless, long-winded sermonizing, which belongs on blogs, not here.

by Anonymousreply 230August 19, 2018 8:42 PM

**closeted

by Anonymousreply 231August 19, 2018 8:43 PM

Someone has written about how cons have gotten toxic because of crazed fans like some of these insane Gabaldon cultists who are stalking the actors, constantly on their SM and spending all their time and money on this shit like their lives depended on it. Now, the actors need 400-lb. bodyguards following them around like thugs.

[quote]Over the past decades, fandom has undergone a transformation, becoming more focused on not just the thing but the overpowering love of the thing.

[quote]That's not necessarily a bad thing. But it can get tricky for some folks, who hold their fandoms so tightly they fuse with personal identity. Then any change can feel like a personal affront.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 232August 19, 2018 8:47 PM

R229 Interesting review of TSWDM from Germany. Thanks.

As for S5/S6, Starz/Lionsgate knows the Gabaldon cultists are hooked and they’ll keep milking them with ‘The Adventures of Aging Jamie and Claire.’

by Anonymousreply 233August 19, 2018 9:11 PM

Related: This is such a brilliant, funny, thought-provoking piece on Hugh Grant, who starred as a closeted gay man in 1987's ground-breaking, "Maurice," faced his own scandal openly on Letterman, fired his PR agent, took on Rupert Murdoch and a stalker by his own wits and has now come full circle in "A Very English Scandal." The guy is balls out! Can't wait to see what he does next.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 234August 19, 2018 9:57 PM

I’d blow him.

by Anonymousreply 235August 19, 2018 10:07 PM

I went to the NJ Outlander Convention. It was my first-ever entertainment convention of any kind. This thread is not about the cons so I will leave out my general comments; but wow....there really are some humorless, obsessive fans out there. I was a little shocked at the rudeness of a few people. It was odd.

As regards Sam Skyping in...it really went well, was extremely well-received, and lasted more than an hour. He took sooooo many questions and was funny and thoughtful. Yes, I was (and am still) disappointed not to see him in person, but this was a good effort. His appearance was a surprise and the crowd ate it up. Considering that he is Skyping with the fans from next week’s wizard world con, it made a difference to those attending this con that the effort was made...and from what we understood, this was his idea.

by Anonymousreply 236August 20, 2018 2:13 AM

R236 Thanks for the report. So did he say anything we haven't heard before?

by Anonymousreply 237August 20, 2018 2:21 AM

I guess not. *crickets*

by Anonymousreply 238August 20, 2018 3:22 AM

r236 Thanks very much for the report. Skyping was a very smart PR move. He no doubt did have some genuine concern, possibly quite a bit, over disappointed OL fans, but he was also probably taken aback by the vehemence, even venom, that he copped on twitter over his cancellation. There seems to be only one group of fans that he doesn't really care about and that is his gay fans, but then he was 'not aware' of them, was he?

by Anonymousreply 239August 20, 2018 6:15 AM

R329 I wonder what he'd do if he'd be invited as a guest of honour at next year's canal pride in his favourite foreign city Amsterdam;)

by Anonymousreply 240August 20, 2018 8:32 AM

R239 That gay denial interview right before the TSWDM premiere was quite a desperate act of damage control, wasn't it? All that talk about campiness and transvestites. Hey, the1950's called. They want their homophobia back! For shame, Jennifer Allen, you traitorous clown.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 241August 20, 2018 8:48 AM

My brand has never really recovered from Jennifer Allen's bungled attempt to straightwash me.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 242August 20, 2018 8:58 AM

Neither has mine.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 243August 20, 2018 9:05 AM

Going to a con would be cool, to meet him, he is so very handsome. In everyway.

by Anonymousreply 244August 20, 2018 9:21 AM

For $8 you can watch a 3 minute video of Sam to help raise money for Graham McTavish (fellow Outlander actor killed off) film. Is there no limit to what this crew will do to bleed every last coin from the ladies who think Sam will drop his drawers for them? Shameless. All of them. Although I might spring $8 if Sam danced a little, naked. Just saying.

by Anonymousreply 245August 20, 2018 11:04 AM

so what it comes down to is that what Sam does is shameful unless it is something you want, then it is okay.

by Anonymousreply 246August 20, 2018 11:27 AM

R246 Please have the courtesy to follow the DL community norms. This is not a blog. To whom are you directing your comments?

by Anonymousreply 247August 20, 2018 3:13 PM

R245 We might pony up if we thought he had something worth paying for.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 248August 20, 2018 3:38 PM

So what’s going on with all his tight pants pictures? Stuffing?

by Anonymousreply 249August 20, 2018 5:45 PM

R249 Seriously! We don’t know how he can breathe in some of them.

by Anonymousreply 250August 20, 2018 5:50 PM

He’s trying to show off something, in every pic that shows below the waist, which definitely hints at trying to look bigger than he is. A sock? some kind of uplifting garment? Hmm..

by Anonymousreply 251August 20, 2018 6:02 PM

It’s interesting his twitter account won’t tweet the “I’m not gay” article but will the ever classy Just Jared poll which he’s leading to play Bond.

by Anonymousreply 252August 20, 2018 6:31 PM

I think JA had Sam’s eyebrow botoxed into submission. ;(

by Anonymousreply 253August 20, 2018 8:19 PM

R251 I wonder if he's wearing super tight pants and/or sock stuffing because of Ross/Ivan's claim. Is this how he's gonna react to everything that's said about him? It was only a matter of time before someone who fucked him came forward with the goods.

by Anonymousreply 254August 20, 2018 9:15 PM

[quote]It’s interesting his twitter account won’t tweet the “I’m not gay” article

I wonder if all the embarrassing, fake PR shit goes straight from JA to JJ. Did he ever tweet about the "mystery blonde?"

by Anonymousreply 255August 20, 2018 9:19 PM

Sam never stuffed anything and who is that guy anyway? anyone know him? is he famous? is known for anything?

by Anonymousreply 256August 20, 2018 9:20 PM

R256 is in a full-on panic.

by Anonymousreply 257August 20, 2018 9:54 PM

R256 unless you have seen something we haven't I agree with R257

Based on the dick swing gif I don't think he is that small.

by Anonymousreply 258August 20, 2018 9:57 PM

R257 full on panic lol he seems to try to show it off whenever possible but it always looks like he has something in his pocket. Why doesn’t it just hang down his leg like a normal dick? Is it a special dick that goes sideways?

by Anonymousreply 259August 20, 2018 10:26 PM

Heughan's dick gets three stars.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 260August 21, 2018 1:28 AM

I'll take one of each

by Anonymousreply 261August 21, 2018 1:29 AM

So will Sam!

by Anonymousreply 262August 21, 2018 1:32 AM

I almost thought the second guys shirt said "I <3 Cum"

by Anonymousreply 263August 21, 2018 1:33 AM

R263

Bwahahaha Me too!

by Anonymousreply 264August 21, 2018 3:51 AM

I thought it said I love cunt. I was like WTF, you shouldnt be hangin with Sam.

by Anonymousreply 265August 21, 2018 4:17 AM

WTF does the shirt actually say?

by Anonymousreply 266August 21, 2018 4:20 AM

Found it! hah

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 267August 21, 2018 4:25 AM

R260 he surely doesn't have anything is a pocket there.

R267 lol it still looks a lot like cum and cunt hahaha

by Anonymousreply 268August 21, 2018 7:08 AM

Guess he must swing both ways

by Anonymousreply 269August 21, 2018 8:09 AM

Bristle Palin could help Sam.

by Anonymousreply 270August 21, 2018 8:11 AM

R256 Im sure Sam has "stuffed" many a bunghole and of course the guy beside him is famous for loving Cum and Cunt..Duh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 271August 21, 2018 8:16 AM

I like the 4th guys big black...........diaper. Sams sideways weiner is confused as he is and doesnt know which way to hang

by Anonymousreply 272August 21, 2018 8:26 AM

He's still not in SA what a joke that he couldn't go to the con. He's just hanging out at the gym with all the hot sweaty guys.

by Anonymousreply 273August 21, 2018 6:59 PM

he has no passport. they wouldn't have let him on a plane without a passport. he would have had to have hidden in the wheel well.

by Anonymousreply 274August 21, 2018 7:01 PM

He received his passport, was on one of his IG stories yesterday or the day before

by Anonymousreply 275August 21, 2018 7:05 PM

yes, I meant HAD no passport at the time. I hit the s instead of d, but he didn't have it during the NJ con.

by Anonymousreply 276August 21, 2018 7:10 PM

The passport doesn't matter as far as his reason he gave to not go to the con goes, he said he couldn't go because the filming schedule of Bloodshot didn't allow it. Anyway he can sure lift some heavy weights.

by Anonymousreply 277August 21, 2018 8:08 PM

r274 Nah, not the wheel well. The closet is more his style.

by Anonymousreply 278August 21, 2018 8:11 PM

More gay Sam talk please

by Anonymousreply 279August 21, 2018 8:14 PM

👆🏻👆🏻👆🏻👆🏻

by Anonymousreply 280August 21, 2018 9:29 PM

R279 and R280 How about contributing news or information related to the thread topic? Enlighten us.

by Anonymousreply 281August 21, 2018 11:14 PM

R281 🙄

by Anonymousreply 282August 22, 2018 12:09 AM

Sam has a nice cock. He gets a hard on when he bear hugs Graham McTavish at an Outlander premiere. There is a video and gif floating around

by Anonymousreply 283August 22, 2018 2:53 AM

While Heughan's apologizing he should apologize to his gay fans for pretending he doesn't know about us and for that homophobic, insulting Azzopardi interview.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 284August 22, 2018 2:56 AM

A message from Duncan "Cockmunch" LaCroix...

[quote]Oh, and by the way, one of us will be wearing a dress.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 285August 22, 2018 5:48 AM

Nothing says love to Heughan like moving to Glasgow, joining MPC and deleting your Twitter account.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 286August 22, 2018 6:07 AM

I thought Duncan lives in Ireland

by Anonymousreply 287August 22, 2018 11:16 AM

R286 it surely is telling.

R284 he does look hot but you have a very valid point

by Anonymousreply 288August 22, 2018 12:49 PM

that filming schedule of Bloodshot does not seem to be a problem at all,he's still in Glasgow. At EDA every single day. Our sincere Sam.

by Anonymousreply 289August 22, 2018 12:54 PM

We only have his word when his passport was returned and no idea when his role requires him to be in S Africa.

by Anonymousreply 290August 22, 2018 1:08 PM

does anyone have proof he is still in Scotland or could he just be posting these from past days

by Anonymousreply 291August 22, 2018 1:59 PM

R287 LaCroix moved to Glasgow.

[quote]Now based in Glasgow during almost 10 months of filming every year, Duncan enjoys a life of relative anonymity, as without his famous beard few people recognise him.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 292August 22, 2018 2:19 PM

R290 exactly so why use it as an excuse when you don't have your passport and when it so obviously doesn't check out.....the lpassport is a fine excuse for not being able to travel. So he was not in SA this weekend so it had nothing to do with filming. How hard can it be to be at least remotely honest. Referring to him being gay as well...you can not say it but also not confirm anything. Sammie....downward spiral lad.

by Anonymousreply 293August 22, 2018 2:33 PM

r285. Great find. Love Duncan

by Anonymousreply 294August 22, 2018 7:11 PM

R285 Love that man!

by Anonymousreply 295August 23, 2018 3:14 PM

Cree is such a breath of fresh air amidst the OTT fan worship.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 296August 23, 2018 8:58 PM

Heughan's gay denial interview equating gay with camp is as bad as camp-shaming. Both are forms of homophobia. This article explains the problem and why it persists but the solution lies in part with filmmakers; they're not just a barometer of culture but powerful influences on culture. Many in the entertainment industry have made a difference and will help lead the way to more enlightened thinking about gender and sexuality.

[quote]One might ask, will media producers ever get it? What depictions of gay men are suitable or “correct”?

[quote]Making “rules” or “quotas” for representation will change nothing. It is only when our society values men who are gentle, effeminate and passive over men who are strong, masculine and aggressive that there will be a sea change.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 297August 23, 2018 9:32 PM

At one time, Heughan was one of those courageous, openly gay actors but that changed when he decided to become a “movie star.”

by Anonymousreply 298August 23, 2018 10:46 PM

Cree really is the best thing about Sam Heughan right now. Priceless...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 299August 23, 2018 11:07 PM

R299 Hah! We'll take Brokeback Creehan.

by Anonymousreply 300August 23, 2018 11:18 PM

DL'ers - just taking a moment to thank folk for the Related articles that are posted on this site. A few of us (some gay, some straight) are involved in an unofficial, completely informal, no agendas group that provides a space for (mostly) Millennials (gay, lesbian, bi, trans, the whole gamut) to just get together, talk if they want to, sit in companionable silence if they want to, and above all feel safe and respected. If they do feel like talking, the DL posted articles provide a great means for discussion, particularly for nervous newbies - everyone is interested in HW, celebrity, music, movies, tv, plays, art etc. and the challenges of being gay in these worlds.

In the 40 years I've been around the traps, there has certainly been some real progress (same-sex marriage etc) but sometimes it has been glacial - it's still far, far too much "No, you are not a 'freak', No, there is not 'something wrong' with you, No, you are not 'sinful', No, it doesn't matter if you aren't camp, No, you don't have to be overtly butch to hide yourself" (Thank you, Sam Heughan - in that vile interview he not only lied, insulted and condescended, but he stereotyped).

Please keep the articles coming - they are pure gold (just like Cree).

And message for Sam Heughan (not that he would ever see it, and even if he did, he would be too busy in his 'movie star' bubble, but I'll say it anyway) - Gay Pride is not an oxymoron!

by Anonymousreply 301August 24, 2018 1:46 AM

R301 Word! Keep up the dialogue. I think Millenials are leading the charge for equal representation.

by Anonymousreply 302August 24, 2018 2:31 AM

R301 thanks for your post of support and the work you’re doing with young people. Some of us who post here have younger people in our lives that we care about and don’t ever want them to be hurt by the world because of their sexuality. This is a site for bitching and snark, but there’s slot of underlying concern as well. We gotta call this shit in HW out

by Anonymousreply 303August 24, 2018 3:47 AM

If only Sam knew the difference he could make. Sad thing is I think he does and he doesn’t care. Foolish... Thanks r301

by Anonymousreply 304August 24, 2018 5:23 AM

Thank you R301

by Anonymousreply 305August 24, 2018 11:38 AM

I think that's exactly what Sam wants @ 0:30

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 306August 24, 2018 6:02 PM

R306 Methinks the gentleman dost protest too much.

by Anonymousreply 307August 24, 2018 8:28 PM

r306. The longer it takes, the amount of interviews he does, more IG stories spreaded by him: He just is gay. And even he is a trained actor. He just can't hide it. His moves, his sign language just screams. And gaining crotesque muscles for a movie role, that does not really fit with his career does not make him straight.

Gay actor Sam Heughan is a sweetie and adorable. But when I am watching him out of his Jamie character, then I will always hug him and take care for him as a mom. There is nothing which attracts me sexually.

Guys out here. This is your territory and job.

by Anonymousreply 308August 24, 2018 10:12 PM

[quote]And gaining crotesque muscles for a movie role, that does not really fit with his career does not make him straight.

No, but spending all that free time working out at gyms in every major city is perfect...

...for hooking up with hot guys.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 309August 25, 2018 2:54 AM

Related: Casual homophobes beware! We're onto you.

[quote]And that's the critical bullet point: homophobia, and related dangers, aren't exclusive to the Pulse massacre or schoolyard brawls or beat-you-to-a-pulp bullying. Much more pervasively — and even more dangerously — it's the insidious remark made under someone's breath, the uncontested generalization and the pop star or influencer who tells his or her millions of followers, implicitly (and with a tweet like Minaj's) that anyone who falls under the rainbow umbrella is obliged to take cheap shots on the chin. By extension, those millions of followers interpret such speech as implicit permission to follow suit, or do worse, or perpetuate the message that intolerance-as-a-punchline is a socially acceptable and protected practice.

More often than not, the biggest homophobes are the biggest closet cases. Read this article and tell me if you think Heughan's big show of disgust at seeing another guy's cock is more of the same homophobic micro-aggreession.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 310August 26, 2018 12:49 AM

[quote]tell me if you think Heughan's big show of disgust at seeing another guy's cock is more of the same

I see you caught that.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 311August 26, 2018 1:31 AM

r310 Thank you. Sad but unsurprising reading. Got to burnish those 'straight' credentials with cheap shots.

by Anonymousreply 312August 26, 2018 2:38 AM

Heughan's losing his cool on TW with disgruntled fans over the convention cancellations...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 313August 26, 2018 3:40 AM

Maybe because he was boasting about winning a dragon boat race when he was expected to be at a fan con. Mixed PR messages?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 314August 26, 2018 3:54 AM

It’s his last day in Scotland and his schedule changed again. After 5 hours of Skype and planning to send all the Skype people an autograph to their homes, he deserves a day of play. IMHO.

by Anonymousreply 315August 26, 2018 4:11 AM

R311

All three of those women are his agents

by Anonymousreply 316August 26, 2018 5:49 AM

Sam is a bitchy little queen as evidenced today by his babyish responses to a couple of disgruntled fans who paid to see him at Chicago con and all they got was to say hello and thank him for skiing to them on a tv screen. He falls apart really easily, like that time he tweeted badmouthing some luxury hotel that didn’t live up to his standards.. Not surprised he’s so far in the back of the closet he can see Narnia. What a baby!

by Anonymousreply 317August 26, 2018 6:30 AM

R317 oh please! Who’s the baby in this scenario? (You. You’re the baby in this scenario)

by Anonymousreply 318August 26, 2018 6:43 AM

Sam spoke and answered a question to every single person that had wanted to see him. The only thing they couldn't do was touch him. What other actor do you know that would go out of his way to do that? I don't know what you expect from this man but maybe you should find someone else to follow that is more to your liking .

by Anonymousreply 319August 26, 2018 10:46 AM

Public Service Message: Heughan can fight his own battles. Now, kindly take your OL fan feud back to Dumblr.

by Anonymousreply 320August 26, 2018 11:14 AM

r320 Well said.

by Anonymousreply 321August 26, 2018 11:18 AM

R318 and R319 Sam is that you?

by Anonymousreply 322August 26, 2018 4:43 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 323August 26, 2018 5:07 PM

Geez, the guy is a shameless brand shill. Look at that product placement for a certain designer of red-soled shoes. I'll bet he's told to flash 'em whenever possible.

by Anonymousreply 324August 26, 2018 8:15 PM

It's been nearly a year since the beard has been out of the picture and two other temp beards have since been slotted in, but the Shamzie queen still bangs away about her. Seems curious, doesn't it? Her 'source' has made her "the keeper of secrets" which she loves to rhapsodize about to her followers. Meanwhile, we notice she's shilling hard for Hetero Heughan. Could it be that this consumer of bodice rippers is just as obsessed as the fans who desperately need to believe Heughan would fuck them in their fantasies? It's almost as if she's trying to convince herself.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 325August 26, 2018 9:11 PM

r325. Boring. Isn't it?

And r323. Another example for Sam not being gay...

He is such a Sissy in a lot of his public appearrance, sorry everytime he is not in character.

Sam, oh Sam.

by Anonymousreply 326August 26, 2018 9:51 PM

He is probably going to have a few more of these dummy spits. He seems to have become addicted to the adoration and doesn't like the idea that there are some who don't think he is perfect. The reportedly nice, kind and humble guy of yesteryear no doubt is still in there but he has to be under one hell of a strain (even though most of it is due to his own choices) - He has gone into the closet after being openly gay (as he himself said, nothing straight about his bat); participated in a showmance and a laughable bearding fauxmance; lied, insulted and condescended to the gay community in a blatantly PR-timed interview; played silly manipulative games with fans; been slobbered over by Camuso; endured being shortchanged by Starz not supporting his real acting talent and treating him as a beefcake support actor in favor of Balfe etc. etc. He needs to be on that pedestal and to believe all the hype - it justifies, at least for now, his compromising and living an inauthentic life (at least publicly)- and it IS inauthentic despite all the fame and money and adoring fan worship (which is not likely to last past OL). For his sake I hope he finds it worth it in the long run.

by Anonymousreply 327August 26, 2018 11:09 PM

R327 well said, maybe that does explain his meltdown. Why does he spend so much time personally on his Sm. He said he has an assistant. How about today’s post of him shirtless and the words”get it”? Odd, I guess he showed us after his pantywaists tantrum

by Anonymousreply 328August 26, 2018 11:18 PM

R325 Everyone should believe CO, that faithful scribe, who ends each post with, “Last updated...”

by Anonymousreply 329August 27, 2018 12:39 AM

**Last updated: 8/26/18; 12:41 AM GMT

by Anonymousreply 330August 27, 2018 12:42 AM

Note: This is just my opinion as a fan, nothing more.

by Anonymousreply 331August 27, 2018 12:47 AM

**Last updated: 8/27/18; 12:48 AM GMT

by Anonymousreply 332August 27, 2018 12:49 AM

R329 Although a "faithful" scribe would have the courtesy to post their edit history.

by Anonymousreply 333August 27, 2018 12:57 AM

r328 Maybe his shirt is with his big boy pants, as he seems to have been missing these a bit lately.

by Anonymousreply 334August 27, 2018 1:03 AM

[quote][R318] and [R319] Sam is that you?

Yes, but I'm not gay, you fucking bitches! Notes to self: Spew more expletives at fans so they think I have balls, but don't block them or I risk losing followers and SM clout which = $$$. Stop bringing lesbian friends to premieres but find another beard; it's getting hard to explain why there are women mobbing me but I'm a bachelor pushing 40. Put on my big boy pants but not too tight or they'll see my my raging boner.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 335August 27, 2018 1:16 AM

People now believe Sam and Cait live together. It looks like the same place, where Sam was catsitting Eddie..

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 336August 27, 2018 6:13 PM

What looks like the same place where sam was catsitting Eddie???I dont see a room which looks like that

by Anonymousreply 337August 27, 2018 6:33 PM

R336 some people believe a lot of crazy things. But if Sam wasn’t using Cait as his sometime cover, would he be constantly dropping hints to encourage the fans to think he might be in a hetero relationship with her? More proof he’s in the closet

by Anonymousreply 338August 27, 2018 6:35 PM

R338 I agree, and we aren’t okay with cyberstalking where celebrities live.

by Anonymousreply 339August 27, 2018 6:41 PM

You know those same people or a subst , believe that Cait and Sam have one or two children also. Who knows, maybe she wanted a baby before she got too old, maybe Sam wanted a biological chid. But if true he was a sperm donor cause he’s still gay!

by Anonymousreply 340August 27, 2018 6:49 PM

Sam bought the apartment that Starz rented for Cait when the owner decided to sell up early this year. Now, some think this is creepy AF considering the weird closeness of their friendship and showmance. Some think it’s a good investment buy. There were many other equally good investment properties for sale in the area, but he bought the one the fandom knew to be hers, with a known street address and posted photographs and Skyped from it so everyone knew.

by Anonymousreply 341August 27, 2018 7:38 PM

R341 it’s true

by Anonymousreply 342August 27, 2018 10:16 PM

Ahem. r341. And the other posters before:

We already knew that Sam bought this Appartement.

The only thing we are discussing this issue: 1. He gave away this incredbly, but may be expansive porcellan statue to a fellow girl from OL Produktion. Point for him, this statue was close to Hummel figures. 2. He saw it, he knew it and he liked it. 3. He is a traveller since 18, he spent his last years before OL like a gipsy. 4. He has no furniture and linnen and dishes coming from heritage. He is the IKEA boy. ,5. So, he is still living another peoples life.

by Anonymousreply 343August 27, 2018 11:05 PM

It was convenient for him to buy for more than that reason. He constantly posts from this apartment to encourage people to think he lives there with Balfe, without saying it- it’s so manipulative for him to keep participating in closeting himself.

by Anonymousreply 344August 28, 2018 12:44 AM

Using a house as a beard - a bit of a twist on the traditional approach, I guess. Keeps the Sam/Cait shippers in his fan club. And earlier he liked an old image of South Africa posted by the 'I am still relevant' ex-beard just as he was due to go there - another breadcrumb for them too, because 'likes' are just so important, aren't they? This manipulative side of him is pretty ugly and he needs a dose of good old Scottish snark - over to you, Steven Cree.

by Anonymousreply 345August 28, 2018 1:29 AM

You are all just ridiculous!!!!! Not everyone’s minds work in a twisted way like yours do!!! For Christ’s sake, stop being so snarky and get on with your lives!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 346August 28, 2018 2:01 AM

And you all say the shippers and antis are crazy...

by Anonymousreply 347August 28, 2018 2:12 AM

R347 no one on these threads has said that. That’s not the topic here .

by Anonymousreply 348August 28, 2018 2:24 AM

R347 News flash! Nobody. Will. Convince. Anybody. We don't give a fuck what you think. This thread is about our observations from an LGBT perspective.

R348 is correct. We aren't interested in your fandom feuds or your heteronormative fanfictions. *yawn*

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 349August 28, 2018 6:09 AM

Related: In Crazy, Rich Asians, openly gay and Filipino-American actor, Nico Santos, is grateful for the opportunity to represent the intersectionality of LGBTQ and cultural diversity. Increasingly, films portraying gay and other marginalized groups are finding their audiences and pushing the needle forward in Hollywood.

[quote]Audiences are yearning for stories from people of color, from LGBTQ people, and these films make money," Santos said. "The landscape has changed. People want to see themselves reflected on-screen — on the big screen and the small screen. It's just our time." Santos's priorities as an actor have changed in response to this changing landscape. He is no longer trying to hide his identities; he is embracing them.

[quote]The reality is that many queer roles in Hollywood still go to straight actors.... "I don't take it lightly that I have the privilege of being gay [and] portraying a gay character, because we rarely get that opportunity, and I feel really fortunate to be a part of that," he said.

[quote]And Oliver's significance cannot be underplayed, particularly as he is bringing queer representation to an international Asian audience. In Singapore, where Crazy Rich Asians is set, gay sex is technically illegal and same-sex unions are not recognized by law.

[quote]"The fact that I'm changing lives by representing the queer community and Asian people through my comedy and through something that I love to do? It just makes my heart swell."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 350August 28, 2018 2:38 PM

We're gonna miss those sweaty, self-admiring EDA gym selfies.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 351August 28, 2018 3:02 PM

Where the fook is my Grindr hookup?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 352August 28, 2018 3:17 PM

great posts r352 and the thoughtful ones before. Thank you for the finds. Nothing to add.

by Anonymousreply 353August 28, 2018 10:38 PM

Wonder what happened to the link @ R284. Did someone delete their apology?

by Anonymousreply 354August 29, 2018 2:13 PM

R384 This one seems to work.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 355August 29, 2018 2:22 PM

** R354

by Anonymousreply 356August 29, 2018 2:23 PM

Related: Kevin Moore plays a closeted gay man in the regional premiere of Perfect Arrangement, Topher Payne's 2015 off-Broadway play about a man and woman in 1950 who got married as a cover for their true relationships with same-sex partners.

[quote]"The play is about the persecution of gay people, and there's a lot of that happening in the world today, unfortunately."

[quote]...the two couples have to consider at what point their clever subterfuge makes them part of the problem, contributing to the status quo that allows them — and others — to be oppressed.

[quote]Moore hopes that the play will get people thinking about how much it hurts, under the jokes, when people are afraid to be open about who they are and who they love.

[quote]"...you come to a point when you realize that life is too short not to be yourself." He's also come to realize that speaking out makes people safer than silence does..."

[quote]"Visibility is key, and the more visible any community is, the more power that community has."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 357August 30, 2018 2:37 AM

R357 great article

by Anonymousreply 358August 30, 2018 3:02 PM

Meltdown in Shamzie and Samcait Land. Nothing to talk about anymore. Sam moved on already. Most of the trolls have left. Paul Camuso is rotting in his basement. I am curious what will happen next.

by Anonymousreply 359August 30, 2018 7:07 PM

Oh, I’m sure the Dumblr queens will manufacture fresh dramas to keep their cult followings engaged.

by Anonymousreply 360August 30, 2018 7:47 PM

It’s pathetic to read the dribble they post on tumblr. They go on and on, both sides. Most are attention seekers with no inside knowledge. It says a lot about them.

by Anonymousreply 361August 30, 2018 8:26 PM

If you’re looking for a blog to make you feel better about yourself, you should read the “war” between puffy and perv. You can’t make these characters up!

by Anonymousreply 362August 30, 2018 9:50 PM

Sam in SA is just enjoying coffee and Tom Cruise.

by Anonymousreply 363August 31, 2018 6:48 PM

r362 and r363. Yep.

Wonder what will happen after. How Sam is doing which his new image as the straight guy Material in shitty HW productions. A lot of the OL addicted tumblr pages went offline or private. OL had already reached the peak with S2 and walks downhill. Lionsgate/Sony will melk the cow in third and fourth markets without any new Investments. But OL is not LOTR and Sam is not Viggo Mortensen. Well lets see.

by Anonymousreply 364August 31, 2018 9:09 PM

R364 well at least it shuts down the shamzies and shippers for now. About the only positive thing about this situation. Like I said before I honestly wonder if there will be a season 6 if season 4 won't do well. It seems Sam has some time away from the madness in SA. Which is nice for him.

by Anonymousreply 365September 1, 2018 7:15 AM

R365 The "madness" = $$$ He'll want to keep it going. Rapelander will be kept on life support with those lame interviews. Meanwhile, I predict more sweaty workout selfies from his favorite gym in SA.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 366September 1, 2018 4:50 PM

Like this one? I think he forgets that not everyone is an MPC'er who expects to see him huffing and puffing away on his daily workout. To the average person, he just looks like a narcissistic cunt, videoing himself at the gym.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 367September 1, 2018 5:16 PM

Apparently, Netflix Canada didn't get the memo from Heughan's traitorous lesbian publicist, Jennifer Allen. ha ha We love how they acknowledge Heughan's gay fans with male reaction shots, while he repeatedly feigns ignorance...

Gay Times interview (2016):

[quote]...he should be deluged with gay fan mail.

[quote]“But where is it?” the Scotsman asks with mock indignation. “Where is my gay fan mail? Maybe someone goes through my mail and maybe they’re taking it out. I’d like to see a bit of saucy fan mail. That’d be great. I need to have a word or put out a plea."

Logo interview (2018):

[quote]How aware are you of your LGBTQ fan base?

[quote]I’m not aware! But I hope there is one. And if there isn’t, then we need to make one.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 368September 1, 2018 5:57 PM

R368 YES correct

by Anonymousreply 369September 1, 2018 5:59 PM

Cleaned up in SA

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 370September 1, 2018 7:16 PM

... he just looks like a narcissistic cunt, videoing himself at the gym.

r367 Got that right. Yawn. If he doesn't have some lovely guy in his bed (and hey, I hope he has), he can always cuddle up with a mirror.

by Anonymousreply 371September 1, 2018 10:20 PM

Looks like the bracelet is back on in the SA fan pic.

by Anonymousreply 372September 1, 2018 11:17 PM

R372 well I like it, let's hope a gift from his boyfriend.

by Anonymousreply 373September 2, 2018 7:08 AM

Since Heughan's a walking $hill, why would the bracelet be any different? It was coyly 'unveiled' at a con where fans were buzzing about it and it was photographed prominently. Even if it was a gift, wanna bet someone is hoping Heughan's middlle-aged granny fannys with their deep pockets will be buying bracelets for themselves and as gifts?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 374September 2, 2018 5:52 PM

Bracelet appeared absent during America promo last month.

by Anonymousreply 375September 2, 2018 8:58 PM

Ostensibly, the watch sponsor is more worthy of the red carpet. You can't upstage a watch $hill with a bracelet $hill or you'd have to hold up two wrists. One wrist product at a time, bitches.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 376September 2, 2018 9:24 PM

This is why we saw Heughan's PR team leading him around by the nose, keeping it all - *ahem* - "straight."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 377September 2, 2018 10:24 PM

Related: Gay representation that promises to be inspiring (as opposed to the stomach turning, leaky-pen drivel that shall remain nameless)...

[quote]The Toronto International Film Festival has been on quite the roll the last few years when it comes to programming LGBTQ films. Last year alone brought us Call Me By Your Name, BPM (Beats Per Minute), Disobedience, A Fantastic Woman and Battle of the Sexes, which followed a year where Moonlight was rightfully the talk of the town. Next week, a lucky 13 feature films (by my count, at least — there could be more queer gems hidden in the festival's massive lineup of 300+ films) will aim to follow in their footsteps. Here's the rundown so you can decide which ones to add to your TIFF to-see lists (or, if you're not in Toronto, to look out for hopefully soon enough).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 378September 2, 2018 11:38 PM

R376 spot on

by Anonymousreply 379September 3, 2018 8:37 AM

Related: Heughan's overacted showmance and Jennifer-Allen produced fauxmance followed by a gay denial interview suggests he's hiding something and the Hollywood Closet is still in force...

[quote]What’s more, if a slew of salacious biographies are to be believed, the Hollywood closet wasn’t just overcrowded, it was practically bursting at the hinges. These macho young bucks, who shared chaste kisses with the likes of Elizabeth Taylor, Doris Day and Katherine Hepburn on screen, were – behind closed doors – busy banging blokes.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 380September 3, 2018 3:56 PM

R380 very good description “overacted showmance”,etc. I really don’t think Heughan, not a very well known actor, would have generated 39 threads of discussion here, had he not drawn attention to himself with these behaviors. He just should not sell the hetero thing so fucking hard if he wanted to fly under the radar. The recent interview where he unnecessarily inserted that he was not gay was just too much. I can’t even with the pretentious further statement that gay people are lovably “ camp”.

by Anonymousreply 381September 3, 2018 6:56 PM

r381. You are absolutely right. And I never thought about the "not very well known actor". BTW dumb movie box office? I will have a look to the german numbers and be back soon.

by Anonymousreply 382September 3, 2018 7:53 PM

Coincidentally, the Luke Evans thread just reached 39. We’ve been saying all along that Heughan is Luke Evans 2.0.

by Anonymousreply 383September 3, 2018 7:54 PM

Who can properly read and explain box office numbers? I only can see the domestic 33 Mio., and a predicted 26 Mio foreign, which means 10 Mio netto.

by Anonymousreply 384September 3, 2018 8:14 PM

Check out Travis Bluemling on IG. He seems a good match for Sammy boy.

by Anonymousreply 385September 3, 2018 8:14 PM

R385 I dunno. Looks like he travels a lot with this dude.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 386September 3, 2018 8:22 PM

R384 From Wikipedia...

[quote]As of September 3, 2018, The Spy Who Dumped Me has grossed $33.1 million in the United States and Canada, and $26.6 million in other territories, for a total worldwide gross of $59.7 million, against a production budget of $40 million.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 387September 3, 2018 8:40 PM

r387. Thank, i saw the same numbers from another search. But the foreign numbers are "predicted". My ask was about the reliability oft those foreign numbers. But thanks anyway.

by Anonymousreply 388September 3, 2018 8:48 PM

R387 ya but there’s also promo costs, etc. so that’s inside info that’s tiresome to try to compile. It’s a movie probably going to cable in a while. Sam did a decent job in it judging from reviews he was adequate. We just haven’t seen enough of his work to know how his career will go- although I guess that’s a crapshoot for anyone

by Anonymousreply 389September 3, 2018 8:49 PM

Back to BatSam hair?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 390September 3, 2018 9:17 PM

The photo above comes from lumkiestone account on IG. There’s a photo of Sam with crew from last year too. Funny, she follows the beard.

by Anonymousreply 391September 3, 2018 9:58 PM

[quote]Sam did a decent job in it judging from reviews he was adequate

R389 If you think being hardly ever mentioned in reviews is “adequate.” He basically tanked in his first big-screen HW leading man role. He could have tried harder, IMO.

by Anonymousreply 392September 3, 2018 11:15 PM

If he tanked he would have been panned by critics. What he was was mediocre and not believable. Basically, a forgettable pretty face.

by Anonymousreply 393September 3, 2018 11:30 PM

Golly, what a nasty thread, Sam is gorgeous, why the fuck do y'all care about his private life, as all you all seem to do is bitch and hate on him. Maybe follow an actor you actually like, cause this behaviour is fucked in the head

by Anonymousreply 394September 3, 2018 11:38 PM

R394 = Finger Wagging Troll Who Loves Lurking Here

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 395September 3, 2018 11:50 PM

[quote]why the fuck do [you] care about [this forum], as all [you] seem to do is bitch and hate on {DL'ers]. Maybe follow [a forum] you actually like, cause this behaviour is fucked in the head

R394 Fixed it!

by Anonymousreply 396September 3, 2018 11:57 PM

R396 Because you are not fan(atics), you hate this man, it is clear from all your posts. Bizarre, would love to see how you talk about people you actually hate, must be Chernobyl, as this is how you speak about some stranger you 'like'

by Anonymousreply 397September 4, 2018 12:12 AM

R397 Having another hissy fit meltdown, troll? "Chernobyl?" hah! Typical Sam mommy fantard thinks anything short of drooling sycophancy is 'hate.' Spare us the sermon and piss off back to your Dumblr blog.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 398September 4, 2018 12:37 AM

The dumb trolls obviously love lurking here. smh

by Anonymousreply 399September 4, 2018 12:41 AM

R399 Either that or the they have nothing to do during "Droughtlander" and they're bored writing fanfiction and broke from pissing away $$$ on anything Heughan told them to buy and they've realized he isn't 'Jamie' and it's all our fault.

by Anonymousreply 400September 4, 2018 1:11 AM

Sam liked this tweet, must be true love;)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 401September 4, 2018 1:43 PM

I don't like his new haircolour for his new movie role

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 402September 4, 2018 1:46 PM

The return of the awful BatSam look. Thought he was wearing a skull cap and wig in movie.

by Anonymousreply 403September 4, 2018 2:27 PM

At least BatSam knew he was gay...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 404September 4, 2018 2:52 PM

R403 a wig would've been a better choice for sure....

R404 lol maybe the dark hair will make him remember

by Anonymousreply 405September 4, 2018 2:59 PM

It worked for BatSam, muscling up and darkening his hair. No room for effeminate men in the hypermasculine comic book universe... at least, not yet.

[quote]Deconstructing expressions of idealized masculinity, particularly heterosexual masculinity, in pop culture heroes has in many cases become an exercise in illustrating the ways in which hypermasculinity continues to be the preferred model of gendered behavior for boys and young men

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 406September 4, 2018 3:15 PM

R401 Do these thirsty wannabes not know he’s just not that into the 😺??

by Anonymousreply 407September 4, 2018 5:00 PM

R407 what are you talking about? he has been catsitting Eddie(CB's pet) :p

by Anonymousreply 408September 4, 2018 6:29 PM

r407 a lot of them would never say because Unlike half the people on this board they don't feel the need to control Sam and make him do and act the way they want him to. They have respect for his choices and would never discuss whether they thought he was gay or not and would never think of saying anything publicly.

Also women are not like men. They do not think about sex constantly and do not only see him as a sex object. They see him for a kind human being and for what he does for others. They see him as a great actor and for the fantasy he can bring into their lives. They see him as a caring person for and about others. They see him for the help he has brought to thousands thru his MPC program.

What exactly do the people on this thread want? Why do you want it? There are plenty of people in the closet people that you could go after with your excuse about how they have to come out to save LGBT and yet half of the people here are constantly here trying to out Sam in case he is gay. Why? what's in it for you? Is it so you can move onto the next target?

This thread was okay when it was a question as to whether he was or wasn't. When someone would occasionally get upset because they felt he was betraying them, some of the photos, but then it turned into a big bashing thread. He doesn't do this right, he isn't any good at this, he does this wrong, he doesn't look good, he only does this for the money, he doesn't care, etc etc etc. Many of the posters in this thread seem a little too angry and need to find another outlet for their anger rather than taking it out on someone they don't even know. All the posts about "this post is "related" which really has nothing to do with the thread but a discussion on why people who are gay should all come out. Then the beard was discussed endlessly even after it was apparent that she wasn't even in the picture any longer.

Discuss Sam but at least do it with some dignity and respect. Stop being angry at him because he won't do what you want. You are as set in your thinking as the shippers on tumblr. Think about some things, like why Sam would say he was not gay after all this time. was it just because he was lying? could there have been another reason? instead of discussing it you just get angry and talk negatively about it. That is the difference in this thread now. It is no longer a discussion but strictly based on your beliefs with no room to think or discuss other things. You do realize that the shippers believed and still believe that Sam and Cait are together. How is this any better? Yours is just an opposite view of the shippers but as stubborn in it's beliefs.

before you start calling me names, which you will do because you can give criticism but can't take it, think about what I have said. This Could be a really nice thread again.

by Anonymousreply 409September 4, 2018 6:39 PM

R409 Sam will never sleep with you

by Anonymousreply 410September 4, 2018 6:47 PM

R409 😂😂😂😂 I just saw in a fb group today grannies who said they’d line up to fuck Sam. So shut your face.

by Anonymousreply 411September 4, 2018 6:52 PM

r410 I have no interest what so ever in sleeping with Sam.

r409 a few people in a pool of hundreds of thousands. they also know it is only a thought because straight or gay he wouldn't sleep with them anyway and they know it so it's safe for them to say. I do have friends that thoroughly enjoy OL but have no interest in Any of the actors outside of the show. There are many, many more viewers like that.

by Anonymousreply 412September 4, 2018 7:00 PM

R409 okay Cathi.

by Anonymousreply 413September 4, 2018 8:08 PM

r409. Just for your information:

the DataLounge We've been serving up this steaming pile of Gay celebrity gossip, politics and pointless bitchery since 1995 (were you even born in 1995?) Go ahead. You know you want to...

So Don not spend your energy here. Again: This. is. Datalounge. Still and forever.

Just GTF out here.

by Anonymousreply 414September 4, 2018 9:19 PM

Ping.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 415September 4, 2018 9:32 PM

Ping. Ping:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 416September 4, 2018 9:33 PM

Ping. Ping. Ping. Error. Overload.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 417September 4, 2018 9:35 PM

R409 = Troll posting the same tired complaints: This thread is no fun anymore’ bla bla bla ‘You’re all so mean to Sam’ bla bla bla ‘If he wants to be in the closet you shouldn’t discuss it’ bla bla bla.

by Anonymousreply 418September 4, 2018 9:36 PM

r418 only because you keep posting the same old crap

by Anonymousreply 419September 4, 2018 9:56 PM

R409/R412/R418 This is not a fucking concierge service. Request denied.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 420September 4, 2018 10:01 PM

r418. Sorry. May I've missed it.

And you've added what new relevant new content here about gay actor Sam Heughan being straight?

by Anonymousreply 421September 4, 2018 10:02 PM

R421 Exactly. The troll has never posted any content but she somehow thinks she can dictate what others post. Delusional twat thinks this thread exists for her amusement.

by Anonymousreply 422September 4, 2018 10:21 PM

r418. Sorry with my deepest apologies. From my heart

Meant r409.

by Anonymousreply 423September 4, 2018 10:45 PM

Thread shaming is a weird thing. You can certainly disagree with individual posts, that’s part of a discussion. But why go to a site where like minded people are talking to tell them they’re wrong? Do people from DL storm onto those “shippers “ sites and try to lecture at length?

by Anonymousreply 424September 4, 2018 10:54 PM

R424 I wish they would.

by Anonymousreply 425September 4, 2018 11:26 PM

actually I have posted content but as usual you missed it.

I only care what you post when it may hurt someone if they were to come here to read it. other than that I could care less what you post.

I don't say things that are as nasty as some of you. Again you sure can dish it out but can't take it.

I came to this site/thread long before it became nasty and hate filled.

by Anonymousreply 426September 4, 2018 11:35 PM

R425 R426 Mental frau gonna frau

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 427September 4, 2018 11:42 PM

r426 If you dislike us so much, then perhaps you should leave and start your own thread on the Church of St. Heughan - This is not a fan club and if he himself does hurtful things such as that appallingly insulting PR-timed denial interview that stereotyped the gay community, when he throws dummy-spits and swears at fans because some of them dared to make some criticisms over the Con arrangements, when he cooperates with a particularly laughable bearding, a mechanism that diminishes the whole gay community as well as himself, when his minders straightwash his past bio detail, facebook content etc then he will be called out for it on this site. So shall it be.

by Anonymousreply 428September 5, 2018 12:19 AM

R423 I knew what you meant. No apology needed.

by Anonymousreply 429September 5, 2018 1:18 AM

R418 & R423 Sorry if I contributed to the confusion by typing R418 when I meant R419...

R409/R412/R419/R426 ConTROLLing Troll (a.k.a Brain-Dead Troll, Homophobic Troll, James Dean Troll) has a history of trying to derail this thread. She’s been busted for homophobic remarks, lying, pretending to be multiple posters, contradicting herself, having hissy fits and trying to censor this discussion. What she claims to be against she exhibits most: controlling others. Ranting and sermonizing as if we're all one monolithic LGBT stereotype is pointless and won't change anyone's mind.

R424 Yep, thread policing isn't cool. According to DL community norms, if you don't like a thread, scroll past and start your own thread.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 430September 5, 2018 1:49 AM

The Related posts have been interesting, IMO. Like the one with John Cameron Mitchell. Please don’t stop.

by Anonymousreply 431September 5, 2018 2:05 AM

From the Guaranteed to Keep Sam in the Closet Department: Henry Cavill (who is represented by Jennifer Allen's PR firm, which specializes in closeting, bearding, and other acts of straightwashing) has just signed a big series deal with Netflix.

by Anonymousreply 432September 5, 2018 3:12 AM

BatSam 2.0 @ the gym...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 433September 5, 2018 4:51 AM

R428 Well said. We've seen many a gay actor sell out to Hollywood and fall into the sunken place, as Heughan has done since this thread began, three years ago. One holds out hope, but it's been getting harder as we've watched this guy slip farther and farther down into the quicksand.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 434September 5, 2018 5:07 AM

Reminds me of the remark he made at the 2016 Golden Globes that seemed odd at the time (@ 2:45)...

[quote]Interviewer: What are you gonna do on your break?

[quote]Heughan: Probably, sort of hide in a hole, somewhere until they, yeah, they'll lock me in a box or something so I don't do anything stupid.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 435September 5, 2018 5:38 AM

R435 and where is his own responsibility and him manning up....grow a pair Sam. It's not too late.

by Anonymousreply 436September 5, 2018 12:32 PM

Not so odd, R435.

Sam's new publicist, Jennifer Allen, was already by his side in that red carpet, watching him like a hawk. The ridiculous and unbelievable PR bearding was about to start.....

Now it seems that his PR team wants to make it clear that the beard MM is gone -read PR driven Marie Claire article below.

But this PR planted new 'relationship' was even more unbelievable.

[quote]Then, during the promo tour, he's supposedly dating lesbian and old friend Shiels, who has called him "Big Brother" and publicly said he's not her boyfriend. How clumsily calculated, desperate and even more closeted does this make him look?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 437September 5, 2018 12:40 PM

Of all her clients attending the GG 2016 and she was right there with Sam. Can anyone elaborate at to why?

by Anonymousreply 438September 5, 2018 2:53 PM

He had to be kept on a leash? she thought it was best for her to be publicly seen with him(of all her clients)? She likes him the most? who knows....

by Anonymousreply 439September 5, 2018 2:56 PM

Just like during the TSWDM press tour, Jennifer Allen had him talking himself down while talking up his co-stars. Here's a chance for his naturally charming, engaging "leading man" qualities to shine and she has him so locked down (those pursed lips) that he's demeaning himself, saying he was "rubbish" as an aspiring actor and boasting that he lied to get parts. How is this good PR?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 440September 5, 2018 4:05 PM

These comments about Jennifer Allen personally accompanying Sam to these events is thought provoking. She definitely has more high profile clients and way more well known. Does this mean he is expected to be a really big moneymaker? It doesn’t seem like she’d have to keep him in line- he’s completely compliant. Anyone have any theories on her being so closely involved?

by Anonymousreply 441September 5, 2018 5:40 PM

JA is there for immediate damage control if necessary. I imagine Sam can be a loose cannon at times, especially after an allnighter....

by Anonymousreply 442September 5, 2018 6:36 PM

...or having a wee dram here and there... Maybe Starz/Lionsgate thinks he needs a babysitter. Wonder if it’s in his contract.

by Anonymousreply 443September 5, 2018 8:56 PM

r427. Where ist that from?

by Anonymousreply 444September 5, 2018 9:01 PM

So, we all are live, watching the meltdown of OL fandom. The most interesting gossip about gay actor Sam Heughan is actually posted here. My little PR heart tells me, that Sam has already reached his peak in his acting career.:

In the dumb spy movie, he was just the pretty face, like someone stated in a post before (Sorry poster, too tiered to search for the origin post). So surely not the new rising star at HW.

Sam should have a look at Viggo Mortensen's career, even Viggo did only one HW movie Hidalgo and then found his niche in indies and foreign productions. (Sorry I've looked it up. Captain Fantastic was also produced in the U.S. and distributed by Universal. And interesting: 5 Mio production costs, 21.3 Mio at the box office)

Sam earned enough money in the last years, even after tax and expenses, he will be never a poor guy, if he lives a life, like he did in his struggling years plus free cars, free watches and his Barbour deal. He always will afford some nice travelling to 5* hotels and resorts.

I can't predict, what this Bloodshit franchise will do for him. He is in costume, probably heavy armed, probably with a lot of CGI scenes. So who will knowledge, that this is gay actor Sam Heughan? Surely not his OL based fandom.

Those fans are already lost, which brings me back to my first observation. The hardcore Samcait and Samzie shippers are running out of material and input. Those girls are not interested in his character Sebastian from the dumb spy movie, even less seeing him in Bloodshit movie. Completly new target group, where he does not have the image for being successful.

by Anonymousreply 445September 5, 2018 9:31 PM

R444 It appears to be from the movie The Producers by Mel Brooks.

by Anonymousreply 446September 5, 2018 9:34 PM

r446. Thanks for that. And r427. Thanks for the recommodation. I must see this movie! Can't understand why I missed that.

by Anonymousreply 447September 5, 2018 9:47 PM

[quote]The hardcore Samcait and Samzie shippers are running out of material and input. Those girls are not interested in his character Sebastian from the dumb spy movie, even less seeing him in Bloodshit movie.

Those women are the same fans who NEVER post anything about Sam's brave gay roles. No comments, no pics, no gifs......NOTHING.

Because deep down, they suspect the truth and they can't stand it ;)

I hope that Sam's PR team doesn't scrub these clips from Dailymotion -like they've done in Youtube.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 448September 5, 2018 9:53 PM

r448. Lets keep the memories here.

And you hit the nail.

I mean, this meltdown was predictable. DG's books getting worse and boring. Probably not skyscreeping numbers watching boring S 3. Gay actor Sam Heughan and his other lead probably recognized during filming for S 4.

So, who wants to bet against me, that there will be no S 6? May be no S 5 starting filming springtime 2019?

by Anonymousreply 449September 5, 2018 11:02 PM

R449 I'll take that bet :) lol

by Anonymousreply 450September 5, 2018 11:16 PM

They’ll do S5.

by Anonymousreply 451September 5, 2018 11:30 PM

do you guys follow Sam? they have already signed for seasons 5 and 6

by Anonymousreply 452September 5, 2018 11:58 PM

r452 Yes, we do. We are also aware that seasons can be cancelled even though they have been signed for if the viewership dives. Hopefully for Sam, this will not occur with OL if he wants it continue (without him being turned even more into a beefcake supporting role as happened to him in the second half of Season 3).

by Anonymousreply 453September 6, 2018 12:15 AM

they aren't going to cancel them. I swear some of you want to see him fail at every turn.

by Anonymousreply 454September 6, 2018 12:22 AM

r454 Hopefully not, and if you were able read properly you would realise that I for one said nothing about wanting him to fail. On the contrary, I have been following and supporting his career since I saw him on stage in 2002, which is probably more than is the case with you. I would engage in a battle of wits with you but you seem to have come unarmed.

by Anonymousreply 455September 6, 2018 12:36 AM

r455 since you aren't the one that said there will be no season 6 and maybe no season 5 why would you think I was even talking to you? reading comprehension much?

by Anonymousreply 456September 6, 2018 1:22 AM

[quote]I would engage in a battle of wits with you but you seem to have come unarmed.

R455 Hah! Touché to the dumb troll.

R454/R456 Time to fuck off and let the adults talk.

by Anonymousreply 457September 6, 2018 1:33 AM

do you talk to people in real life in such a degrading manner or does it just make you feel good to do it behind a screen where no one can see you? you know whether done face to face or behind a screen it's still a mark on you.

by Anonymousreply 458September 6, 2018 1:37 AM

Tea time for Heughan...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 459September 6, 2018 1:37 AM

ConTROLLing Troll @ R458 has her rolling pin out, again. Such a hypocrite, trying to derail the thread from "behind a screen." Scold, scold, scold!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 460September 6, 2018 1:46 AM

r460 you do make me laugh lol

by Anonymousreply 461September 6, 2018 1:47 AM

R459 so cute the way the guy behind him almost seems to lean on his shoulder.

I've expressed my doubts before about OL being renewed for season 5 and 6 in previous threads. If season 4 is unsuccesful, I believe they would still cancel the confirmed two new seasons anyway.

by Anonymousreply 462September 6, 2018 7:02 AM

I think outlander has run its course, for a lot of fans, for Ron Moore and the acting talent. There isn’t the same excitement and anticipation about S4, and it’s later than normal. No nominations either - not sure if it was eligible for PCAs as no new episodes yet in 2018??? Frankly, the book series could’ve stopped there too, the main story is done by book 4 with the family reunited, most of the rest is money spinning drivel. However, it’s a secure job for the cast and crew, Sam fears redundancy, so he will probably shill it to high heaven, bringing back on board all sides of the fandom, with some cute interaction, a new blonde, a gay publication interview (more sensitively done) and the NY con.

In other news: The Spy movie has been nominated for a fan voted comedy movie award, are the outlander fans voting in droves again? I think will be interesting to see if it wins anything, without OL fans it won’t, the reviews aren’t great nor are the box office receipts, but are they now disillusioned enough to stop pressing the buttons.

by Anonymousreply 463September 6, 2018 9:57 AM

I see that the immature troll is at it again, trying to shut people up if he doesn't like and can't deal with what a person says.

by Anonymousreply 464September 6, 2018 11:51 AM

r463 nothing would win anything without it's fans.

by Anonymousreply 465September 6, 2018 11:52 AM

Could bloody brexit affect foreign productions in the uk? If anything could stop S5...

by Anonymousreply 466September 6, 2018 11:58 AM

r463 ... a gay publication interview (more sensitively done)

Dunno...I can't see how he can make up for that awful 'l'm not gay', condescending, stereotyping interview. It would have been insulting enough with its 'that world', 'camp', etc if it was given by a straight actor, let alone by an actor who certainly seemed to be well and truly out before he set off to be a movie star, and whose blathering denial just did not ring true. He would be better off just leaving it alone and not risking more damage and more lying ('methinks he protesteth too much'). I doubt if there are many gay fans (not that he is aware of us of course and not that we matter) who would be impressed by any such manoeuvrings. There is still a very fine actor and probably deep down a very nice guy in there somewhere and I hope that he finds his way back out of the HW bubble.

by Anonymousreply 467September 6, 2018 1:19 PM

r467. I think Sam’s biggest problem is he’s listening to the wrong people and probably too nice to ditch them. He needs to upgrade his PR management and Publicity people. (Business guys are doing a sterling job, they can stay!) He’s probably paying through the nose and being led by the nose, but they’ve done more damage than good to his image. Starting with overdone showmance, TB, cringeworthy papwalks, Amy TB2.0 and I’m not entireley certain we won’t get some Eiza innuendo.

by Anonymousreply 468September 6, 2018 1:36 PM

r 468 Maybe there are glimmers of hope. I have just seen that a couple of hours ago he 'liked' Balfe's post about the Indian Supreme Court striking down a colonial-era law that made gay sex a criminal offence. It is indirect but it is still the most supportive sign he has made for quite a while.

by Anonymousreply 469September 6, 2018 2:13 PM

r469. Yes! I saw he liked Balfe’s retweet of the Iandian Supreme Court Ruling. Would have liked him to retweet it himself with a comment....but baby steps...won’t complain!

by Anonymousreply 470September 6, 2018 3:08 PM

If you watch his IG stories it appears he uses pride like emojis often. I like to think that’s a subtle shout out for his true self.

by Anonymousreply 471September 6, 2018 4:02 PM

[quote]I can't see how he can make up for that awful 'l'm not gay', condescending, stereotyping interview. It would have been insulting enough with its 'that world', 'camp', etc if it was given by a straight actor, let alone by an actor who certainly seemed to be well and truly out before he set off to be a movie star, and whose blathering denial just did not ring true.

The timing seemed super awkward and PR-driven. A gay denial statement the day before the TSWDM premiere? How obvious is that, after four years of saying not a word about even dating anyone he's now commenting on his sexuality? I wonder if he was forced into giving that interview with Azzopardi. Justin Theroux (not a stranger to gay rumors) gave one, too. Almost like Starz/Lionsgate was pulling a power play and holding their feet to the fire. 'BEHAVE, or else!' He never tweeted that interview.

by Anonymousreply 472September 6, 2018 4:09 PM

R472 I agree. Theroux did not feel it necessary to volunteer his sexuality in that interview. In fact he spoke forthrightly about his gay roles in a thoughtful way. He also talked about his friendship with the Queereye guys in a flattering way , which was fun and interesting. At no point did he marginalize or stereotype them. . Justin’s interview was smart and interesting; made Sam’s interview look extra bad

by Anonymousreply 473September 6, 2018 5:47 PM

R473 I enjoyed Theroux’s interview, to. He answered the fucking questions without diverting or twisting the topic. He was also entertaining and respectful to all. Very professional.

by Anonymousreply 474September 6, 2018 9:29 PM

** too

by Anonymousreply 475September 6, 2018 9:30 PM

You sensed with Theroux he was being himself. SH on the other hand in interviews seems like he's acting still (as he can't be his real self)- and from the blandest script possible, which means he comes across as pretty damn boring. Never an ounce of authenticity. Rarely does he have anything interesting/ deep/ witty / smart / thoughtful / intelligent to say and he seems especially incapable of anything intelligent when questioned off the cuff, like on a red carpet. He's on a roll at the mo capitalizing on his bod and looks, but I do wonder if beyond the carefully curated sweetness and business orientated charity, he's really just a shallow airhead?

by Anonymousreply 476September 6, 2018 10:19 PM

R476 Lately, yeah, but it wasn’t always the case. I remember the GoldDerby interview he did back in 2015 was quite in-depth and thoughtful. What happened to that guy?

by Anonymousreply 477September 6, 2018 11:51 PM

[quote]"I remember the GoldDerby interview he did back in 2015 was quite in-depth and thoughtful. What happened to that guy?"

The closet happened.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 478September 7, 2018 12:20 AM

The only time I find him interesting in interviews anymore is when he is with Balfe.

by Anonymousreply 479September 7, 2018 12:59 AM

R478 ya I thought about that exact interview the other night, he was sincere and likable talking about acting. Seeing a rerun of Sam the other night on Kimmel for Spy, he was boring and couldn’t even tell a story about himself coherently. He talked about a gym owner in Budapest painting a wall mural of Sam in his gym because he was so in awe of Sam apparently, but the punchline was unclear. Kimmel was like”what”? Blah

by Anonymousreply 480September 7, 2018 2:16 AM

The impression I got from the TSWDM press tour, was that he was out of his element. He seemed to be saying that he had a lot to learn about the improvisational nature of comedic acting. McKinnon and Kunis were in a groove and bonding and he wasn't getting it.

by Anonymousreply 481September 7, 2018 2:53 AM

Up, up the long, delirious, burning blue...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 482September 7, 2018 3:13 AM

Sorry, wrong thread!

by Anonymousreply 483September 7, 2018 3:14 AM

The end of the PR SHAMzie charade ;)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 484September 7, 2018 3:26 AM

R484 woo- you should’ve warned us- jeez

by Anonymousreply 485September 7, 2018 3:39 AM

God the beard is so boring and cliche. Good riddance.

by Anonymousreply 486September 7, 2018 6:44 AM

Sorry, R485. I know, I should have posted a warning ;)

New IG story. Sam -and his waxed armpits- working out hard at the gym in South Africa:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 487September 7, 2018 5:52 PM

R487 Definitely a 'scaper.

[quote]Had the whole lot done... back, sack....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 488September 7, 2018 6:20 PM

MARY!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 489September 8, 2018 12:58 AM

r489 Mary deep into an altered state!

by Anonymousreply 490September 8, 2018 1:54 AM

Heughan and hottie martial arts coach.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 491September 8, 2018 9:10 PM

Are gays into MMA? Asking for Mary.

by Anonymousreply 492September 8, 2018 9:29 PM

R492 Tell Mary, why the fuck not? Whether they're out is a different question. There are out lesbians on the UFC circuit and this guy did a Gay Times cover to show solidarity but like many competitive, macho sports LGBT openness and acceptance is 'evolving.'

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 493September 8, 2018 9:58 PM

Sam and one of his Barbour guys...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 494September 9, 2018 5:18 PM

Barbour ‘gets him.’

by Anonymousreply 495September 9, 2018 5:54 PM

Related: Not sure if this radio interview from last year was ever posted but it's relevant. Colto describes how the crushing pressure of the Hollywood Closet made him weak and afraid...

[quote]I was literally told from the day that I moved to Los Angeles that I could not be gay because I wouldn't work ... I was with my management team and with a team of people that just literally told me I couldn't be this way, they tried to set me up with girls ... It was like a Tab Hunter situation.

[quote]I literally couldn't go to work because I would faint, or I would start sweating and shaking ... It really was hard ... I was so tired of not being myself.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 496September 9, 2018 7:49 PM

[quote]. I was with my management team and with a team of people that just literally told me I couldn't be this way, they tried to set me up with girls ... It was like a Tab Hunter situation.

Colton's beards were also his longtime girl-friends and co-stars. Sounds familiar? ;)

by Anonymousreply 497September 9, 2018 8:32 PM

R492 No, we don't. You should realize there are few gay men on this thread, just Frau Frau in Nazi Germany and her m,any personalities

by Anonymousreply 498September 9, 2018 8:42 PM

R498 What about your aliases and sock accounts, SpazPurv? I notice half of them have been redlined as troll accounts. Too bad DL deleted your Queer Enby threads, cyberstalking and doxing mentally ill, disabled people and their families, you sick maggot. The great and powerful Muriel has spoken.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 499September 9, 2018 8:52 PM

r496. Great find. Thanks..

r499. I was really wondering why I've not being insulted the last weeks. No longer relevant?

by Anonymousreply 500September 9, 2018 8:57 PM

Related: Tab Hunter admitted it was hard for him to come out (in his 70's after having been retired from HW for 20 years), but if it helped someone else it was worth it. Well, it obviously helped Colton Haynes because in the interview I posted @R496 we heard Colto directly relating to Tab Hunter's experience from the 1950s.

[quote]Glaser: If he had not written a book, you wouldn’t be seeing a documentary. The book helped desensitize Tab to the whole sexuality aspect of who he is that he was never comfortable talking about. Once he had that experience, it was easier for him to let us do a movie.

[quote]Hunter: And I’m glad I did it. There are a lot of people who have the same fears and problems I had as a young man growing up. You read about it all the time. If you can help someone in some way, terrific.

HW's oppressive, exploitative and threatening abuse of gay actors continues to destroy lives. With Heughan, we've seen his friends go dark on SM, we've seen him engage in laughably fake relationships with his co-star, friends and beards, we've seen him intimidated into babbling like a deer in the headlights when doing press (with his publicist babysitting him ) and basically driven into the Sunken Place of gay shame.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 501September 9, 2018 9:19 PM

It’s 2018, FFS. Shit needs to end. But complicit traitors like lesbian blood$ucker Jennifer Allen aren’t gonna be the ones to do it.

by Anonymousreply 502September 9, 2018 9:28 PM

I just have to post this shot of Tab Hunter during his affair with "Rudy" Nureyev and their straining cocks pointing at each other.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 503September 9, 2018 9:43 PM

Sing it, Glaser and Schwartz (R501)...

[quote]Glaser: It was interesting when Portia de Rossi said there’s still part of us still afraid of Hollywood, we’re still afraid to be who we are, because it’s so two-faced. It’s probably the most gay industry in the world and yet they won’t embrace their own sexuality for fear they’re going to lose money if they tell the truth.

[quote]Schwarz: Even if they want to be out, their managers and agents are preventing them from doing that. There is still a conspiracy of silence.

by Anonymousreply 504September 9, 2018 10:21 PM

r501 "With Heughan, we've seen his friends go dark on SM, we've seen him engage in laughably fake relationships with his co-star, friends and beards, we've seen him intimidated into babbling like a deer in the headlights when doing press (with his publicist babysitting him ) and basically driven into the Sunken Place of gay shame."

You are absolutely right, and it's even worse than that - after continuing to delve, I have yet to see another 'denial' interview from any other closeted gay that so insulted, stereotyped (so 'camp') and condescended to 'that world', and the gay fans he supposedly wasn't even aware of. He's in a league of his own with that effort. What a price to pay for the fame and the money you crave - selling your beautiful gay soul.

by Anonymousreply 505September 9, 2018 10:30 PM

R505 He sure jumped the shark with that gay denial interview. It was like a slap ‘n tickle game of ‘insult my gay fanbase’ and ‘I hope there is one.’ WTF?

by Anonymousreply 506September 9, 2018 10:48 PM

IMO, that interview was all about damage control for his drunken (?) tweet (gotta love when he takes a wee dram or two... *ahem*).

[quote]Boring and homosexual never go together. But thank you the compliment.x

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 507September 9, 2018 10:54 PM

r507 In vino veritas. Drink up, Sam.

The interview was also timed for the TSWDM premiere - releasing it on the very eve of that could not have been a coincidence (the wonderful 'not boring' tweet was some eight months earlier). JA is so amateurish that I am surprised that she still gets the clients in, but she does, damn it.

by Anonymousreply 508September 9, 2018 11:13 PM

R508 Maybe because no one else will take ‘em?

by Anonymousreply 509September 9, 2018 11:19 PM

R508 but she reps Cavill too. He’s super hot right now. I can’t imagine no one wants to rep him unless he’s tremendously high maintenance.

by Anonymousreply 510September 10, 2018 3:00 AM

R510 Right? Cavill is hot, talented and in demand. It's Jennifer Allen and the HW closet convincing him he needs to jump through hoops of gay shame with their fake, OTT machinations that's outing him. Sound familiar?

Jennifer Allen's client list reads like a cavalcade of the closeted, previously closeted or rumored to be gay: Tom Hiddleston, Matt Damon, Matt Bomer, Jodie Foster, Shia LaBeouf, Chris Pine, John Lithgow, Katherine Heigl, Kevin James, Dwayne Johnson, Kristen Stewart, Lily Tomlin, Zac Efron, Kate Mara, Kevin Bacon, Jesse Eisenberg...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 511September 10, 2018 4:42 AM

Wow So much mental here. Sad

by Anonymousreply 512September 10, 2018 4:47 AM

Finally, the SHAMzie troll has been caught in her lies, so she is hiding and claiming that she is is 'too busy' to comment -and that 'she never shipped SHAMzie'.-.....lol But she and her deluded minions are still monitoring DL -see R512- while they keep posting ass-licking comments in the dumped beard's IG.

Adorable GAY Sam for all them.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 513September 10, 2018 5:03 AM

R512 = SpazPurv troll projecting her "mental" illness is using the alias we saw in Part 35 where she spewed the same 'Nazi' bla bla bla 'frau' bla bla bla 'cunt' bla bla bla. She's also on the cyberstalking Subluxation Saga thread that's riddled with her other redlined troll aliases. Busted!

by Anonymousreply 514September 10, 2018 5:13 AM

R513 I've noticed that too, the blogger queens are making lame excuses and backpedaling for various reasons that never stopped them before. haha For the fantards and trolls who love to call the HW closet a "tin-hatter" creation, this bears repeating, from an Emmy-winning HW producer/director...

[quote]Schwarz: Even if they want to be out, their managers and agents are preventing them from doing that. There is still a conspiracy of silence.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 515September 10, 2018 5:41 AM

Re publicists, while there are a lot like JA, who seems to be quite willing to encourage clients that they need her and need to sell out their sexuality for success (and get her the big $$$), there do also seem to be publicists who are happy to help gay clients without any agenda of keeping them in the closet and controlled - for instance, Howard Bragman of 'Where's My Fifteen Minutes?' book fame. Also Stephen Huvane and Simon Halls (Slate PR), and ILDK Media (I haven't done an in-depth search but I am sure there are quite a few more). Sam may have been set up with Miss 'I'm out but you get in the closet and stay there' Allen by Starz, or he might have been attracted by the big names that she certainly does seem to be able to get onto her client list, and her name is very well-known. Now he is in the snare (but he has escaped MM - one good thing).

by Anonymousreply 516September 10, 2018 5:51 AM

There must be a direct correlation between the stress of Sam’s closeting and the amount of time he spends on fitness. He’s always enjoyed working out and needs the sculpted body for the roles, but the stress relief and endorphins must be a great release for the price he pays to be in rather than openly out, living his personal life in the cave he said they put him in. Probably the only thing keeping him sane.

by Anonymousreply 517September 10, 2018 6:54 AM

Sam showing a tube of lube in his new IG story ........XD

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 518September 10, 2018 3:08 PM

Sam showing a tube of lube in his new IG story ........XD

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 519September 10, 2018 3:08 PM

I'm reading the comments after Sam's KY lube IG story.

[quote]Will this movie come with a free tube of lube for every female fan??? 😜😂🔥

[quote]He is confident in his own sexuality - don’t think anyones interpretation of his IG story will bother him - or me🤪

These shamzies above can't be that clueless, right?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 520September 10, 2018 4:57 PM

R520 yes they are clueless- the ky probably has something to do with prosthetics in his movie, but why women would think it has anything to do with sex with the ladies is insane!

by Anonymousreply 521September 10, 2018 5:23 PM

Sam’s obviously signaling he wants to have sex with some post- menapausal ladies.

by Anonymousreply 522September 10, 2018 5:36 PM

uhhhhhhh...women use KY too.

by Anonymousreply 523September 10, 2018 6:06 PM

Lube is needed here.......xd

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 524September 10, 2018 6:11 PM

R522 Ding! Ding! Ding!

Those optics are definitely not heteronormative.

Methinks someone's hitting the sauce, again...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 525September 10, 2018 6:51 PM

Needed that one, hope you agree.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 526September 10, 2018 8:37 PM

This one will ever be a cutie

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 527September 10, 2018 8:39 PM

Oh. A new one

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 528September 10, 2018 8:42 PM

Ok. Bedtime. Oldie but goodie.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 529September 10, 2018 8:46 PM

The peak of closeting.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 530September 10, 2018 8:49 PM

R530, Gay Sam and his obvious fake beards........lol

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 531September 11, 2018 12:01 AM

Bat shit crazy Purv actually went thru and counted all the beard’s photos to respond to someone’s comment. Damn that woman is cray! She’s beyond obsessed and clearly needs some mental help getting over her delusions.

by Anonymousreply 532September 11, 2018 12:52 AM

Purv was also a troll in the Twilight fandom. That says it all.

Going back to Gay Sam...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 533September 11, 2018 1:05 AM

R530 when those photos came out, he didn’t even look like himself. Bad.

by Anonymousreply 534September 11, 2018 1:10 AM

Do you get the feeling Sam is not a relationship kind of guy? He seems a loner. A nomad type.

by Anonymousreply 535September 11, 2018 1:16 AM

R535 Yes, he has said he's a loner and that "his private life is like living in a cave".

R534, Feb 2017. That PR charade was terrible and Sam looked very uncomfortable.

by Anonymousreply 536September 11, 2018 1:54 AM

r534 I always thought that every photo from that whole fiasco made him look like someone who had been forced to eat a bag of lemons. At gunpoint. Every molecule of joy had just totally left his life.

by Anonymousreply 537September 11, 2018 2:00 AM

can't you go find somewhere else to discuss Perv? maybe discuss her on tumblr

by Anonymousreply 538September 11, 2018 12:17 PM

Try and find a photo where he is actually looking at TB Plenty of him gazing into CB eyes but find a single publicity one where he has the same besotted look. Not to be found every photo of him with any women is him looking at the camera mouth partially open ( classic model pose) and posing to make himself more beautiful with a look in his eyes that says could be a broomstick or a paper cut out - as long as I look fabulous who cares about what’s her name ? Or whoever I doubt he evens remembers the name. Love him but get the impression he’s pretty vain and self serving

by Anonymousreply 539September 11, 2018 12:24 PM

It was clearly a contract that’s over and like Hiddleswift, it made him look even more gay.

by Anonymousreply 540September 11, 2018 3:17 PM

R538 Fuck off back to Dumblr, granny.

by Anonymousreply 541September 11, 2018 3:25 PM

Well, that was quick. The Spy Who Dumped Me already scheduled for Digital availability on 10/16 followed by Blu-ray & DVD on 10/30.

by Anonymousreply 542September 11, 2018 4:24 PM

r542. We predicted it, but so quick. Have to look up the german numbers. Sam will not be known as the rising HW star.

by Anonymousreply 543September 11, 2018 5:55 PM

Nice new interview with Sam in The Red Bulletin, October 2018:

"The Incredible Good Fortune of Sam Heughan"

Interesting tidbits:

[quote] "he's eager to get back to his first love, the theater, A family would be nice. And at some point, a real time-out. I dream of a little place on the water or on a loch in Scotland. An scape place with a canoe somewhere."

[quote]"I'd like to be remembered as someone who made a difference and made the world a better place."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 544September 11, 2018 6:20 PM

Never thought Sam the family man.

by Anonymousreply 545September 11, 2018 6:42 PM

What happened to, “I want to be a movie star?"

by Anonymousreply 546September 11, 2018 6:45 PM

I'd love to see him getting back to theater, leading a private life with his boyfriend, somewhere in Scotland.

As someone said in a previous post, Barbour really 'gets him'.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 547September 11, 2018 6:51 PM

Agree with all of that R547

Hope to see that happen.

by Anonymousreply 548September 11, 2018 6:53 PM

[quote]"I'd like to be remembered as someone who made a difference and made the world a better”

He’s harmed the gay community with his offensive remarks.

by Anonymousreply 549September 11, 2018 7:00 PM

[quote]Never thought Sam the family man.

Oh, please. He's always presented himself as a loner. Now, he's presenting himself as a wannabe 'family man'?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 550September 11, 2018 7:59 PM

r544 how do I make that bigger so I can read it?

by Anonymousreply 551September 11, 2018 8:06 PM

r544 never mind I got it.

by Anonymousreply 552September 11, 2018 8:17 PM

And is there another page following?

by Anonymousreply 553September 11, 2018 8:31 PM

R550, yes it's very gay, that elephant in the room is very big and I think the "I'm a loner" thing has just been an excuse to explain why he doesn't have real girlfriends, why he isn't married....etc

Going back to theater, living a private, quiet life in the countryside in Scotland, maybe that's what Sam really wants and today, we've seen a glimpse of the real Sam in that interview.

As R548 has said, I also hope to see that happen.

by Anonymousreply 554September 11, 2018 10:10 PM

r549 Got that right.

by Anonymousreply 555September 11, 2018 10:16 PM

From the Red Bulletin Article it's almost an afterthought that he'd like to be remembered as someone who "was also a reasonably good actor."

Think of all the time he spends shilling products and the "Hetero Heughan" brand for Lionsgate. Maybe he should consider giving Hollywood the finger and start seriously honing his craft.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 556September 12, 2018 12:31 AM

R556 good point! But I thought last interview he said he wanted to be a big Hollywood star. Different day , different mood I guess. I see he’s added more to his rags to riches story. Now he was a chubby little boy with thick glasses,as well as the playing in castle ruins with a wooden sword. He’s such a drama queen.

by Anonymousreply 557September 12, 2018 1:13 AM

r557 He has mentioned being teased about his glasses, being a chubby kid and playing in the castle grounds (pretending to be Robert the Bruce) a couple of times in interviews in past years, but what is new is the mention of raising a family, and downgrading to wanting to be a 'reasonably good actor' (rather than wanting to hone his acting skills to their highest possible level) - neither of these new factors rings true. As you say, different day, different mood, and you are absolutely right - he has become a real drama queen, probably because he is fully aware that he is not being true to himself.

by Anonymousreply 558September 12, 2018 2:22 AM

[quoteHe has mentioned being teased about his glasses, being a chubby kid and playing in the castle grounds (pretending to be Robert the Bruce)

I'll bet he was also dressing up in mommy's clothes...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 559September 12, 2018 2:44 AM

Related: Kit Harington spoke out about the lack of queer representation in Hollywood in an interview with Variety and asked Marvel why it hadn’t cast any openly gay actors to play the characters in its ever-expanding universe.

[quote]“There’s a big problem with masculinity and homosexuality that they can’t somehow go hand in hand,” Harington told Variety at the Toronto International Film Festival. “That we can’t have someone in a Marvel movie who’s gay in real life and plays some superhero. I mean, when is that going to happen?”

[quote][Thandie] Newton told the publication the issue of queer representation was similar to the situation in sport, and “it is changing, but we have to get behind those changes and keep pushing it. The few people that have stepped into their true selves in an uncompromising way, if we look in ten years time, the effect that will have,” she said.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 560September 12, 2018 7:01 AM

[quote]He’s harmed the gay community with his offensive remarks.

Yep and I think that's why Sam has NEVER made reference or posted that desperate PR interview. He doesn't seem very proud of it.

On the other hand, he keeps promoting his new interview posted yesterday.

"BTS of the @RedBulletinMagazine. Talking about my joy of The Outdoors' and FIGURING OUT WHO I WANT TO BE."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 561September 12, 2018 4:38 PM

Agreed R561. The attitude article came out at a suspicious time and was never re posted anywhere.

by Anonymousreply 562September 12, 2018 6:33 PM

Yes to Kit’s quote, we need to see more homosexuality and masculinity instead of camp.

by Anonymousreply 563September 12, 2018 8:32 PM

r561. It is interesting for me, how much light, filters and make up can do. Look at his weathered face without botox and fillers.

This pic is probably also processed. For me it is interesting and what we will hear until 4. November and the weeks before when PR for OL4 will start.

by Anonymousreply 564September 12, 2018 8:36 PM

And. There is at first the complete meltdown in Shamzie land. Samcait land is not better. They all suffer from "sources" no longer available.

Gay actor Sam Heughan obviasly moved on.

by Anonymousreply 565September 12, 2018 8:54 PM

Heughan has nothing to be proud of with that insulting 'denial' interview and maybe he hopes we will forget about it but news for him - we won't, no matter how much he might pose, shill, strut, divert, fill up SM space, or re-invent. Not sure that he has moved on - every time I think he has, he disappoints and starts the game-playing again. But...there is always hope. Meanwhile, Go Kit! Thanks to r560 for posting that great article!

by Anonymousreply 566September 12, 2018 9:11 PM

He played the movie star for the Spy fandom. Now he’s back to country shy boy for the OL fandom ahead of S4. Next year he’ll be back to big hw star again. He’s just playing the game and appealing to the right people at the right time. Acting his way through it. Unfortunately the side effect nobody really knows him and honestly I think he prefers it that way.

by Anonymousreply 567September 12, 2018 9:23 PM

r567 Yes, sure, but it's one thing to be playing the game and acting his way through it (par for the course - although the showmance and bearding have seemed to be quite ineptly performed). Deliberately putting the boot into the gay community is quite another thing. Yet he was prepared to do it, and that is the real side effect. Play his roles if he must but don't stereotype and condescend to the gay community - a league of his own with that little effort.

by Anonymousreply 568September 12, 2018 10:01 PM

[quote]Play his roles if he must but don't stereotype and condescend to the gay community

R568 Yes, although perhaps the biggest insult is phoning it in. Heughan continues to “unimpress” in the acting department. For those of us who closely follow the performing arts... well, let’s just say there’s room for improvement.

by Anonymousreply 569September 13, 2018 12:24 AM

[quote]Those women are the same fans who NEVER post anything about Sam's brave gay roles. No comments, no pics, no gifs......NOTHING. Because deep down, they suspect the truth and they can't stand it ;) I hope that Sam's PR team doesn't scrub these clips from Dailymotion -like they've done in Youtube.

[quote]Let's keep memories here.

Sam's gay role in A Very British Sex Scandal:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 570September 13, 2018 1:22 AM

R569 Seriously. Get. An. Acting. Coach. As for his TV gig, the S4 trailer looks like budget Wiglander is back. Jamie's joke shop bangs are reminiscent of Frankenstein's monster.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 571September 13, 2018 1:38 AM

A fan wins Heughan's sweaty marathon vest and Heughan hopes it doesn't still smell? All I can think of is that famous line from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof"...

[quote]There ain't nothin' more powerful than the odor of mendacity...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 572September 13, 2018 2:15 AM

[quote]There is at first the complete meltdown in Shamzie land. Samcait land is not better. They all suffer from "sources" no longer available.

R565 Or they're off their meds.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 573September 13, 2018 6:10 AM

R572 eh, it’s a joke

by Anonymousreply 574September 13, 2018 7:45 AM

Sam's new mantra

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 575September 13, 2018 2:59 PM

LOL, R575.

Sam with Nicolas Crasenti at the gym in Cape Town today.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 576September 13, 2018 3:28 PM

Trying to out-macho with his height, now? First, it was ragging on Valbonesi's "T-Rex arms," and now Rasenti is "mini-me." Something short and Italian needs to pound the shit out of him.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 577September 13, 2018 3:52 PM

Typical passive-aggressive Taurus. Sunken Sam is envious of their hetero bro lives.

by Anonymousreply 578September 13, 2018 5:16 PM

To the point where Rasenti's wife felt she needed assure Heughan's thousands of followers that her husband's cock isn't small.

[quote]nicole_reichlin@samheughan ...not small where it counts doe... 👀😜

by Anonymousreply 579September 13, 2018 5:28 PM

I’d like to know how often SH gets a pounding.

by Anonymousreply 580September 13, 2018 5:58 PM

r579 Rasenti is an actor - was in "Black Sails" and played one of the crew members on Sam's ship in "Outlander." He and his lady were in the famous "Epic Fail" photo shoot with Sam and TB from a year ago in NYC. They have also been on TW with Balfe from time since OL was in SA.

by Anonymousreply 581September 13, 2018 6:19 PM

[quote]the famous "Epic Fail" photo shoot

R581 Ah, yeah, they couldn't get out of the Escape Room. With Heughan's crowd, brawn is clearly more in evidence than brains.

by Anonymousreply 582September 13, 2018 7:35 PM

What R580 said...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 583September 13, 2018 7:58 PM

[quote]Sunken Sam is envious of their hetero bro lives.

R578 Maybe because he has something to hide and they don't. Lionsgate had to lock him "in a box."

by Anonymousreply 584September 13, 2018 8:19 PM

Related: Bodybuilding and masculinity in the transgender community are among the LGBT stories being showcased at 31st annual Out on Film...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 585September 13, 2018 8:29 PM

Oh, it is getting more and more entertaining. Fan war at its best. Now the main Shamzie queens are facing on the battle ground with an opened visir. Wondering now many SM stuff will be there, when OL S4 premiers in November. Looks like everybody has moved on. Sam, Balfe and the OL fandom.

Again, who is betting against me that there will be no S6, with an Option oft no S5?

The dumb spy movie also left german cinema quick.

by Anonymousreply 586September 13, 2018 8:48 PM

of all the people you could have chosen to pick on why did you pick Sam and why do you continue to follow him?

by Anonymousreply 587September 13, 2018 8:50 PM

r587. You will find the answer somewhere in beetween the last 39 threads :-)

Box office for the dumb movie was less than one Million at 2nd of September. You can call it a flop in the german market.

by Anonymousreply 588September 13, 2018 9:05 PM

By the way. This magazine Red Bulletin is a marketing tool from tjhe austrian based Red Bull company. Nothing wrong with that. It is a cost free magazine and distributed as a supply oft your daily newspaper. They have really good journalists working for then.

But RB is not Time Magazine.

by Anonymousreply 589September 13, 2018 9:23 PM

R587 Piss off back to Dumblr, Controlling Troll.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 590September 13, 2018 9:42 PM

R589 Definitely one of the more polished of the puff pieces, sanitized for our (his) protection. This time, he's more careful not to answer any questions about his family, which he used to do. Relationships are also off the table, gender-neutral pronouns and all.

by Anonymousreply 591September 13, 2018 9:48 PM

R589 thanks for info I was wondering what that publication was. Yes very nice arcticle telling us nothing about who Sam is or his acting. How does he look so wrinkled in the photo when just months ago he was noticed as tight as Saran Wrap? He’s not even old enough to be that wrinkled- too much whiskey?

by Anonymousreply 592September 13, 2018 10:18 PM

592, he doesn't have all those wrinkes.

I think they're trying to make him look more 'rugged and masculine'. His dumb fangirls are loving how 'manly' he looks in the Red Bull pics....lol

The real Sam:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 593September 13, 2018 10:30 PM

R586 that first paragraph in your post past to be the most unintelligent thing I have ever read.

by Anonymousreply 594September 13, 2018 10:33 PM

R593 lol thanks - I was amazed at the overnight wrinkles! Sam has admitted to botoxing , and does usually have that shiny look of fresh Botox, so okay . I did see that the ladies are loving the wrinkles, they love the “hot daddy” look!

by Anonymousreply 595September 13, 2018 11:20 PM

For someone with thinning hair, he sure is “cavalier” about letting them dye it!

by Anonymousreply 596September 14, 2018 2:06 AM

Link to the new thread:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 597September 14, 2018 2:17 AM

Related. Another Jennifer Allen's -Sam's publicist- PR production (fiasco).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 598September 14, 2018 2:20 AM

Cait is teasing Sam again: "Sam Who?"

And Sam's IG story replying her......

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 599September 14, 2018 2:33 AM

Gay Batman and Robin in Sam's IG story? ;)

by Anonymousreply 600September 14, 2018 2:34 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!