Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Tom Hiddleston Keeps His Relationships SO Low-Key But His History Is Pretty A-List

Who Is Tom Hiddleston Dating? The 'Thor' Actor Keeps His Relationships Surprisingly Low-Key

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 600November 10, 2018 10:02 PM

This Ariana/Pete business is everything I wanted Hiddleswift to be.

Tom and Taylor did not deliver at all.

by Anonymousreply 1August 8, 2018 2:56 AM

God, I can’t stand this cunt and look forward to the day he disappears from the spotlight.

by Anonymousreply 2August 8, 2018 3:00 AM

i wanna bum him

by Anonymousreply 3August 8, 2018 3:12 AM

They call this low-key? He's a self-serving media whore.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4August 8, 2018 3:30 AM

The hiddles toll is back. Go away frau.

by Anonymousreply 5August 9, 2018 5:56 PM

Anyone would change tactics after the disastrous result of the Hiddleston/Swift campaign.

by Anonymousreply 6August 9, 2018 5:57 PM

I want to cum inside that ass

by Anonymousreply 7August 10, 2018 1:20 AM

He blew his was (certainly not literally) with the Taylor Swift debacle. I've always heard his manager is his lover.

by Anonymousreply 8August 10, 2018 1:26 AM

I met him briefly in Hawaii. My impression was that he was gay but wanted SO SO badly to be a big leading man (despite the fact that I don't think he has the true looks or charisma of one -- and the movie he was shooting there didn't exactly set the world on fire).

by Anonymousreply 9August 10, 2018 1:27 AM

How did you meet him, R9?

by Anonymousreply 10August 10, 2018 3:02 AM

r9 Was it in the 4 season toilets?

by Anonymousreply 11August 10, 2018 6:29 AM

R7 He did win "Rear of the Year" Award in 2016.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12August 18, 2018 10:19 AM

He's KING of the tight pants - in a GOOD way.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13August 18, 2018 10:35 AM

Tom Hiddleston and lowkey. Never thought I’d see those words together. The man reeks desperation for attention. He’s not leading man material. The Taylor Swift debacle will be hard for him to get over in his career. Embarrassing for all concerned but he was the real casualty.

by Anonymousreply 14August 18, 2018 10:36 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15August 19, 2018 5:43 AM

staged and so fake

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16August 19, 2018 5:43 AM

Why's it fake?

by Anonymousreply 17August 19, 2018 5:47 AM

Cause she's a big ole lesbo who beards with gay guys (Taylor Lautner, Harry Styles, Jake Gyllenhaal). I taught her all she knows!

by Anonymousreply 18August 19, 2018 6:06 AM

He's just saving himself for the right girl! *sigh* Maybe it'll be me!

by Anonymousreply 19August 19, 2018 6:18 AM

In hindsight (or any other way), the "I love T.S." thing beggars belief. What bright spark came up with that? You can post that pic in any Hiddleston thread just to piss of his fans. His own friends are probably still teasing him about it.

by Anonymousreply 20August 19, 2018 6:40 AM

[quote]Tom Hiddleston and lowkey. Never thought I’d see those words together. The man reeks desperation for attention. He’s not leading man material.

No truer words were ever spoken.

by Anonymousreply 21August 19, 2018 7:56 AM

No, his publicist (not his manager) is openly gay but married to someone else. He and Tom have never even been seen together outside of work events. The theory about them being secretly married is a Tumblr fan frau invention. Can you imagine hiding a secret relationship with an employee, who destroyed your life and career by arranging a humiliating beard relationship?

TS was obviously fake but TH pretty much quit acting and has become a hermit since then.

by Anonymousreply 22August 19, 2018 8:23 AM

no one gives a shit after the taylor swift bearding debacle....

by Anonymousreply 23August 19, 2018 8:39 AM

I think the Swift debacle ruined his career. No new work with the exception in the latest 'Avengers' and voice work for that Wallace and Gromit movie.

by Anonymousreply 24August 19, 2018 8:45 AM

Ouch

by Anonymousreply 25August 19, 2018 8:45 AM

The aftermath mightn't have been so bad had Hiddleston shrugged it off and just got on with his job. But no, he couldn't admit defeat like that. He must CONVINCE everyone of his LOW-KEY HETEROSEXUALITY. The GQ interview and these obviously planted stories are making things much worse for him. Does his publicist have no better strategy?

by Anonymousreply 26August 19, 2018 9:48 AM

I notice that Tom Hiddleston seemed to put himself out there to attract unwanted attention.

Notice the camera man pretending to adjust Tom's tie at 0:20 in the following clip. Also, notice Tom's confusion and shock at his behaviour.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27August 19, 2018 6:30 PM

R7 It was Tom's idea to do the nude scene in "Crimson Peak".

His body looks quite nice in the following clip in the movie, "The Deep Blue Sea".

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28August 19, 2018 7:41 PM

He's what people used to (or perhaps still do) call "deeply uncool."

by Anonymousreply 29August 19, 2018 8:00 PM

Tom's problem is that he is hanging his head in shame over the debacle. Most of Hollywood have no shame, they will just go on with their business like nothing weird happened, instead Tom became a hermit. Hard to believe no one is offering him any roles yet gave Swift and James Cordon leading roles in a movie. Man up, Hiddlleston and be shameless like everyone else these days.

by Anonymousreply 30August 19, 2018 8:09 PM

It's odd. He seemed reasonably cheerful and kept on working and promoting himself for a year after the Swift fiasco. It wasn't until long after that he suddenly crashed and turned into a depressive hermit. And I doubt he can't find any work at all. Not movie leads, but I'm sure he could still land theatre roles or roles in low-budget British indies if he wanted to, and could use those to build up his career. The fact he has not acted at all (apart from an unpaid cameo in the gender equality short as a favour to friends) indicates he quit acting by choice.

Maybe something else happened that we're not privy to.

by Anonymousreply 31August 19, 2018 8:31 PM

Maybe he got black listed. I hope not since he is talented and a nice guy. Remember when Brendan Fraser disappeared for a while? There was a recent interview with him and he talked about why he disappeared. He had various surgeries and also he got groped by a man at the Golden Globe awards and reported it.

by Anonymousreply 32August 19, 2018 10:26 PM

It's possible, but even if he was blacklisted by Hollywood he'd still be able to get theatre work or Brit screen work. He's still active on the London theatre and society scene (is heavily involved with RADA and BAFTA, was sitting in the royal box at Wimbledon, and attended a few other high society events) plus Gemma Arterton's production company asked him to be in the short. So he hasn't been blacklisted in London.

by Anonymousreply 33August 19, 2018 10:32 PM

Its simple really,theres nothing exciting about him.hes just bland all the way around.

by Anonymousreply 34August 19, 2018 10:48 PM

I agree he's not leading man material. He's a good supporting actor, though.

by Anonymousreply 35August 19, 2018 11:03 PM

He should have followed up the hiddleswift debacle with a low key showmance. Someone less famous than him. Someone looking for a little career bump, but not expecting to become an insta superstar. Then do low key dating things. Go out to dinner. Don't pretend you're crazy in love or do big over the top photo ops. Then break up after a few months. Lather rinse repeat and most people will think you're straight but haven't met the right girl yet.

I assume the I ❤️ TS shirt was her idea. She seams to enjoy humiliating her fauxmance partners.

by Anonymousreply 36August 19, 2018 11:44 PM

His dating history consists of rumours and/or known beards. Every female co-star he was linked to later denied ever dating him. So what does the DL think? Gay, bi or confirmed bachelor?

by Anonymousreply 37September 13, 2018 10:52 PM

I think Susannah Fielding's relationship with TH was real enough -- and she is a BRILLIANT actress.

by Anonymousreply 38September 13, 2018 11:07 PM

R37 straight bachelors date women who exist. Bi men also date living breathing females.

by Anonymousreply 39September 13, 2018 11:08 PM

He seems reasonably nice.

But his biggest loves seem to have been himself, heroin, and staying in the closet - and not always in that order.

by Anonymousreply 40September 13, 2018 11:16 PM

R40 heroine?

by Anonymousreply 41September 13, 2018 11:17 PM

I ❤️ TS! I ❤️ TS! I ❤️ TS!

"'TS' stands for Twister Sister -- honestly!" -- TH

by Anonymousreply 42September 13, 2018 11:20 PM

He was at NYFW celebrating 50th Anniversary Ralph Lauren this past Friday night.

Looking much improved since that sadly unforgettable TS debacle, and wearing RL.

twitter.com/RalphLauren #RL50 featured him front and center in my RLtwitter feeds... and he looks, dare I say, elegant.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43September 13, 2018 11:25 PM

He wishes, R41

Horse, Smack - he may be clean now but I think he's had that monkey on his back

by Anonymousreply 44September 13, 2018 11:35 PM

I Heart TS followed by I Saved Sudan followed by I Really Loved Her in GQ. He raw fucked his career in the ass. Rumor is Jennifer Allen put this mess together. I'll never understand why. She must have know that dating Swift is essentially the same as coming out.

by Anonymousreply 45September 13, 2018 11:46 PM

The phrase "Swift fiasco" is repeated here again and again, but there is no explanation of what said fiasco was. Can somebody provide a summary?

by Anonymousreply 46September 14, 2018 1:17 AM

Where have you been in the summer of 2016 R46?! Tom was in a very obviously fake "relationship" with Taylor Swift for like three months and during that short period of time he managed to turn nearly his entire fandom and basically everyone else against him, make a complete fool of himself, destroyed every slight chance he ever had to become James Bond and did painfully obvious staged pictures with her that managed to convince everyone and their grandma that he's gay and bearding. The entire internet made endless fun of him for wearing a I-love-TS-shirt and even the Bond producer bashed him by saying that he is smug and not masculine enough to play James Bond. In the weeks after their official "break up" he managed to make things even worse by giving a cringeworthy GQ interview, including a ridiculous explanation for wearing the TS-shirt ( " I hurt myself and nobody had a band-aid so I had to wear the t-shirt"), showing up at the interviewers hotel room door at 6 in the morning to set the record straight about the I-love-TS shirt and after all still insisting that the relationship was real.

Tell us more about the heroin R40. There was a rumour years ago that he had a rather severe issue with coke.

by Anonymousreply 47September 14, 2018 7:31 PM

That's hilarious R47! The only thing missing is a yellow sofa to jump on! Thanks for filling me in.

by Anonymousreply 48September 14, 2018 7:42 PM

The sooner he accepts that he is a character actor and not a lead the better it will be for him

by Anonymousreply 49September 14, 2018 7:47 PM

[quote] He's still active on the London theatre ... scene

Where? The only thing he starred in recently was that (blink-and-you-miss-it) 3-week-only Hamlet at RADA. Which was mainly a short charity run to raise funds for RADA's campus. It wasn't even a normal West End or Fringe production for the general public.

He's a good actor, I'd love to see more of his theatre work. But he's gone AWOL.

by Anonymousreply 50September 14, 2018 7:55 PM

[quote] I met him briefly in Hawaii. My impression was that he was gay

He's a posh upper-middle-class Brit - almost all of them ping to high heaven.

by Anonymousreply 51September 14, 2018 8:08 PM

He is so ugly...on what planet is he considered hot?

by Anonymousreply 52September 14, 2018 8:12 PM

r43 he looks like he’s been ridden hard and put away wet in that photo. Dayum!

by Anonymousreply 53September 14, 2018 8:41 PM

I never found him attractive, but his looks seem to be fading. He looks rough for 37.

by Anonymousreply 54September 14, 2018 8:46 PM

The undercover rumour is that he is bisexual and he publicized some of his AAA list het relationships so much on purpose so that no one digs deeper to uncover the rest of it.

R51 Lol yes I think Americans have a slightly different defition of pinging that us people across the pond.

by Anonymousreply 55September 14, 2018 8:53 PM

than* in R55 of course

by Anonymousreply 56September 14, 2018 8:53 PM

"I hurt myself and nobody had a band-aid so I had to wear the t-shirt" Forgot this R47. What I remember is he described the relationship like it was true love and was all weepy because they broke up when it was 3 months long and obviously fake.

Think the fauxmance, speech, and article combo ruined him. If anyone of the 3 had happened without the others he would be fine and would have bounced back. When all three happened in only a few months he just became the butt of every joke. I think his people and maybe even Hollywood and theatre people have told him to cool it and try to comeback in 2019.

by Anonymousreply 57September 14, 2018 8:55 PM

I work in theatre in London. Tom's reputation is broadly: very nice guy, but ruthlessly ambitious. No one knows why he abruptly quit acting and turned hermit. He is still sort of active in the theatre world in terms of doing mentoring through RADA and BAFTA, and he's done stuff with BAFTA Kids which was sweet. If he wanted a theatre role he could get one very easily. He evidently does not, at least not right now.

I heard a rumour there's going to be a Loki TV show, which strikes me as a choice you'd only make if you'd given up on a real acting career and decided to screw every last penny out of your fading fame.

by Anonymousreply 58September 23, 2018 4:16 PM

Any rumours about his orientation R58?

by Anonymousreply 59September 24, 2018 11:16 AM

Aren't they making another Night Manager 2?

by Anonymousreply 60September 24, 2018 11:38 AM

R60 oh god I hope not, a TV show about posh people abroad loved by posh critics and the establishment wonder why the working class think they're so out of touch

by Anonymousreply 61September 24, 2018 11:42 AM

Tom doesn't have the charisma nor the looks to be a leading man, he isn't versatile enough to be a character actor and he's aging out of possibly playing the geekier characters. Outside of British theatre he is done. There will be no bond role, there will be no media and publicly lover romance and there will never be an oscar.

by Anonymousreply 62September 24, 2018 11:45 AM

I think he's waiting for the TS fiasco to fade from public memory before he attempts any kind of comeback--difficult to know how long that will take since TS relentless milks every fauxmance to boost album sales and keep the attention on her. He's looked quite rough, it's not difficult to assume he's dealing with some demons. I agree he is a far better character actor than leading man.

by Anonymousreply 63September 24, 2018 12:21 PM

Straight, apparently. At least I've not heard any rumours to the contrary, outside of DL.

There was a piece in the Standard the other day saying the Night Manager sequel had been cancelled or was indefinitely on hold or something.

by Anonymousreply 64September 24, 2018 2:57 PM

[quote] a TV show about posh people abroad loved by posh critics and the establishment

R61, "The Night Manager" was actually about posh people being mercenary and peddling illegal arms to war regions, due to greed and at the expense of human lives. And about the Establishment (posh politicians) coldly profiting from those arms sales and the MI6 covering for them.

So it was a surprisingly honest portrayal of what's really happening in the posh world.

by Anonymousreply 65September 24, 2018 3:52 PM

He would look great for 50. For 37 he looks awful. I know a lot of 37 year olds and they don't look like that. He made a fool out of himself with the Taylor Swift thing and then he made some ridiculous speech at what was it ? The Golden Globes ? He just seems too desperate. Is he gay ? Do not know, do not care. As for him being strung out on Heroin , based on what?

by Anonymousreply 66September 24, 2018 4:39 PM

Let’s give him another chance. He can become better.

by Anonymousreply 67September 24, 2018 5:32 PM

R66, people really blew that TS thing out of proportion. He wore some TS merch and bearded with her. So what? Fake romance is not news. Actors still 'acting' in real life is not news. He's a bohemian thespian who pretends for a living - so what do people expect? Actors shouldn't be "role models" - they're known to be opportunistic, hustling narcissists.

Same with the GG speech. Many posh Brits use French words at any opportunity. It's a cultural thing - listen to BBC Radio 4, same thing there. He was PRing his role in an anti-arms dealing TV show by listing his charity creds. Actors using charities to PR their own image is not news either.

We really live in a time of trivial outrage. As long as he's decent as an actor on screen / on stage (which he is, based on reviews), other trivial issues with him are hardly important.

by Anonymousreply 68September 24, 2018 6:12 PM

I listened to that speech and I didn't find it that bad.

I think he's suffering major depression over the Taylor fiasco. It could be that he really loved her and the double-whammy is that it ruined his career.

by Anonymousreply 69September 24, 2018 8:47 PM

Really loved her? That was bearding plain and simple. She's a lesbian and he's a famewhore.

by Anonymousreply 70September 24, 2018 9:18 PM

How long ago was all the TS bullshit? Quite a while. She's with some other English guy, obviously bearding for each other, and he's moved on too.

Not sure why this is still a topic with him, but his history is B list at best. Taylor is pop music and rich as fuck, but not that talented and won't last.

He'll ride this out or he'll keep talking about it. Don't do any in-depth interviews, promote the fuck out of all projects, ignore questions about Taylor. Done, over, finis.

by Anonymousreply 71September 24, 2018 9:48 PM

the Swift mess did him in

his star has sunk embarrassing display and plea for acceptance as 'str8"......geezz man, pick a real woman to begin with, not the dyke d'jour..

by Anonymousreply 72September 25, 2018 9:10 AM

R71 It's not really about time passing. We still laugh about Jake G and Swift. With their lattes and family Thanksgiving they were at an 8/10 on the fake scale. Same with Cuoco and Cavill. When something is a mess it's remembered most. A lot of people didn't know him before their relationship. Now they only know him for being Swift's beard.

by Anonymousreply 73September 25, 2018 7:37 PM

You think his butthole tastes good?

where the pic of him sitting on taylor swift's face ??

by Anonymousreply 74September 26, 2018 2:10 PM

I agree with R73 it's not about time, it's about the size of the cringes he induced. It took Afleck years to fully rehabilitate his image after the JLo Gigli fiasco. I think being off brand was a big part of why it was so embarrassing. Hiddlesten was trying to be. James Bond type. Bond is an ultra alpha male. No man looks like an alpha around Swift. She's always the alpha. If you're trying to promote an air masculinity, don't date her. He was just so thirsty.

by Anonymousreply 75September 26, 2018 10:57 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 76October 3, 2018 5:31 PM

See I am straight! The daily fail confirmed it!

by Anonymousreply 77October 3, 2018 5:33 PM

I wanna boof him....but only if he’s dressed as Loki.

by Anonymousreply 78October 3, 2018 5:48 PM

Apparently the woman in the photos is an aspiring actress/singer and a well-known 'Hiddlestoner' who has been stalking him for months. Her social media is all stuff about going Tom-hunting and writing songs about him, and another of his crazy stalker-fans claims to have seen them together the day the photos were taken, and that she just accosted him out of the blue.

I usually take these things with a pinch of salt since fangirls always hate anyone seen with an actor, but the fact his entire fandom recognised her within about 5 minutes of the photos being published says something.

by Anonymousreply 79October 4, 2018 2:52 AM

They also claimed that she moved into his neighbourhood on purpose 5 years ago and that the crazy stans stalking and moving there for him are a real problem.

Also 2 years ago Tom was allegedly catfished by some crazy fans using the picture of an asian model on twitter.

by Anonymousreply 80October 5, 2018 3:22 PM

ASIAN model?!

by Anonymousreply 81October 5, 2018 3:38 PM

His body is far to pasty looking. On the plus side, he does look like a guy who keeps his foreskin very clean.

by Anonymousreply 82October 5, 2018 4:21 PM

The posters on LSA and celebitchy claim that Tom's management called the daily fail and stated that he is single.

by Anonymousreply 83October 5, 2018 6:45 PM

I thought he died.

by Anonymousreply 84October 5, 2018 6:50 PM

R84 He did, when he put on that tee shirt.

by Anonymousreply 85October 5, 2018 10:42 PM

New gossip + the mystery woman's IG linked below:

The "mystery" woman's name is Joanna Kaze and apparently she has been a Hiddlestoner since at least 2013.

Now someone in the comment section of the Daily Mail article claims to have seen them together on the beach in Aldeburgh this summer. If that is true, she has been introduced to his mum already.

Shes 31 or 32 - all sorts of turning thirty drama a year or two ago (can’t remember which). She told some people she was an accountant or something at one stage but think she’s a bookkeeper or something lik that. When she is on the hunt you can’t miss her - it’s really obvious (most of them are really obvious to be honest). She lived somewhere else in London at some point and used to come to the area as often as possible to see her special friend who worked at g&w - then her special friend left and she kept coming... apparently made other friends who work/worked there or loved the coffee or some such rubbish. Then she moved to the area. Then she moved closer to his place and then closer again until she ended up in a flat with a window she can watch his gate from and “accidentally” bump into him when he goes in/out. She used to place herself strategically in a chair right next to the till, facing the door and wait for him in the mornings and then leap up to pay just as he would come in to get coffee. She would always try to engineer it so she could walk out at the same time as him and put him in a position where he would kind of have to walk home with her as they were going in the same direction. I have no idea if he knows but I find it hard to believe he doesn’t... but for the sake of a 5 minute stroll along the road he’s unlikely to be rude or dismissive of her - like any normal person he would most likely make small talk and humour her and escape as soon as possible.

Not sure what has been going on lately as tend to avoid certain places when he is around (because of the stalkers that inevitably roost not because of him) and to try to be out of sync with his schedule (and some of us also have to work).

Somebody from London in the Daily mail posted a question. whether they are going to mention she (Joanna) is pregnant! if it's true this should calm down the crazies! Right?

She’s Romanian, not posh at all, and can’t keep up with him intellectually.

If you thrown a stone round here you are likely to hit one of the stalkers. He’s basically polite to everyone and will occassionally do small talk when “accosted” until he can escape. She made inroads when the dog appeared and made it all about the dog (and still does last I heard) but you can tell he gets kind of bored after talking about the dog for more than 5 mins....

I 100% guarantee he didn’t arrange a pap stroll and will be very unhappy about the pics. She on the other hand is rumored to have called the paps on a few occasions and to possibly even make some money from the Fail for calling in tips (bit slim picking since Brooklyn Beckham and madonnas kid have moved on) - probably just neighborhood gossip, but she has definitely been working hard to be seen walking with him for a few years now so not improbable...

OMG! That is Joanna - she is one of the stalkers who moved into the area because of him and to try and hook up with him/be his one and only. She has been angling to be photographed with him for years (and hanging about G&W, befriending staff there so she can get updates and info about him etc.). For some reason he seems to have never clocked her for what she is. She will be thrilled about these pics!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 86October 6, 2018 12:15 AM

Is she taller than him? That's not a good look.

by Anonymousreply 87October 6, 2018 1:14 AM

i am not sure about him interested in women. But if he agrees to pose, perhaps he is in love

by Anonymousreply 88October 6, 2018 8:39 PM

Gay or not. To those who suggest he is not atractive, where do u live? I mean there is no one near as handsome in my area. Most are half his size, to begin with. He is a tall, baby blue eyed inteligent, pointed nose, glossy hair, soft hands. Nor violent nor harsh, defends women rights, friends with the future king, open doors to parties all over the woeld . Has not criminal conviction, well behaved and rich. Do you related often to much much better than that? Where?

by Anonymousreply 89October 6, 2018 8:50 PM

I don't care if he is gay or straight, but that "romance" with Taylor was a big joke 😂

by Anonymousreply 90October 6, 2018 8:59 PM

Calm down Joanna at R89.

by Anonymousreply 91October 7, 2018 1:09 AM

SHE'S a fugly gay slut, we don't care about her.

by Anonymousreply 92October 7, 2018 1:17 AM

He looks better with the dark wig

by Anonymousreply 93October 7, 2018 1:39 AM

How do you know that he has "soft hands" R89?

by Anonymousreply 94October 7, 2018 2:09 AM

[quote] Tom looked handsome as he headed down the street in his low-key yet undoubtedly designer ensemble while sashaying along with the mystery woman.

Sashaying 🤣 Even the Fail don't try to pretend he's straight.

by Anonymousreply 95October 7, 2018 6:09 AM

[quote] So it was a surprisingly honest portrayal of what's really happening in the posh world.

What's really happening in the posh world is mercenaries and illegal arms deals??

Beware, bitches. Beware!!

by Anonymousreply 96October 7, 2018 6:26 AM

If he had any sense at all, he'd do some prestige supporting roles to get his mojo back. Find a good BBC historical drama and go to town, or something in the London theater. Quit seeming so damned depressed and vulnerable in public: Nobody respects a crybaby.

by Anonymousreply 97October 7, 2018 2:44 PM

[R91] not Joanna [R94] Just a perception. in my opinion, I honestly by now I think he is bisexual towards Gay. If he wasnt famous he would be out I am sure, and I also think his need to “hide” is somehow related to his need to come out but unable due to the weight of the industry or who knows why. Daddy issues? I watched Archipelago last night and I thought he simply seemed gay. Also, if he seeks out a partner it wiuld probably be like George Clooney, masculine features and non-femenine woman. I just cant wait to hear something from him. An explanation, but I guess it will come out after Avengers 4, when he is contractually done with Marvel.

Unless he is attached to that streaming series, but I suspect they might hire a younger actor.

by Anonymousreply 98October 8, 2018 9:37 PM

If they hire an younger/diffrent actor to play Loki the crazy stans on tumblr will have an epic breakdown.

by Anonymousreply 99October 8, 2018 10:08 PM

Was he ever in serious contention for Bond? I know he wanted it desperately.

by Anonymousreply 100October 8, 2018 10:29 PM

R100 he said on graham norton that we had not been not considered, nor contacted, and cavill said he had been. Back in the day. Some said he had been seen meeting with Sam mendes and Broccoli, but more recently producers, and I think Broccoli herself daid he was not masculine enough on different words. Anything else is pure speculation and ladbrokes bets.

by Anonymousreply 101October 9, 2018 1:33 AM

I always think he's sexy because he's such a good dancer, and good dancers are usually great in bed.

by Anonymousreply 102October 9, 2018 1:38 AM

R100 checked out google: too smug and not though enough to play Bond ( Broccoli)

by Anonymousreply 103October 9, 2018 1:40 AM

What I wonder is.. is he gay, bisexual, he doesnt even know himself, or hetero that has experimented?

He exhudes gayness, as early as in Joanna’s Archipelago. And rumours about him being gay are in almost every post.

Another mystery is his hermit life. I dont believe his “affair” with that Romanian singer of the DailyMail pics. More like a stalker/fan/acquaintance. But it helps his image I think.

by Anonymousreply 104October 9, 2018 1:48 AM

How does hanging out with a stalker help an image? It makes the star look crazy and/or gullible.

by Anonymousreply 105October 9, 2018 11:10 AM

R102 is Ansel Elgort.

by Anonymousreply 106October 9, 2018 11:23 AM

It gives the tumblrinas hope that if one stalker managed to come close to him maybe they will be next if they try hard enough. Wow I almost feel sorry for Tom.

by Anonymousreply 107October 9, 2018 2:18 PM

Yes, from his angle, he is the fallen tree and stalkers take advantage of him easily. Seems weak and lonely. But also, he needs people around, and if someone offers to walk his dog, well he also benefits.

I think is good because of his gay rumours. What He wants the most is Bond, if there are no better candidates -and I dont think there are strong contenders- he could get it, but zero chances if he is gay. Also for leads. Wasnt Rupert Everet who complained about coming out because his offers turned into “gay friend” He said he regreted it.

If it was ok Travolta, Elijah Wood, Heughan the gayest of them all, Vin diesel, Bradley Cooper, Will Smith, Gyllenhaal, Farrell, Clooney, Keanu, Hackman, Di caprio, 3 Harry Potters (redhead, felton, Daniel) Tom Cruise and Renner would have come ages ago, there was even gossip suggesting they were together for years.

by Anonymousreply 108October 9, 2018 4:21 PM

R108 is delusional. The Bond producer/owner already publicly said he was an absolute NO and gave reasons regarding his lack of masculinity to take on the role. This was a bad look and most certainly is part if the reason why he has not been cast in anything new. That and walking around looking grief stricken 95% of the time instead of moving on and hustling for new gigs.

by Anonymousreply 109October 9, 2018 6:37 PM

R109, R108 is also suffering as stroke as she writes.

by Anonymousreply 110October 9, 2018 6:53 PM

Daily express reports today on Ladbroke Hiddleston odds to become Bond are 4/5 “James Bond SHOCK: Tom Hiddleston suddenly ODDS-ON to replace Daniel Craig over Tom Hardy JAMES BOND favourite Tom Hiddleston is now odds-on to replace Daniel Craig as 007 over Idris Elba and Tom Hardy.

by Anonymousreply 111October 9, 2018 7:52 PM

Broccoli was pretty bitchy to be so specific in public about why he isn't in the running. A simple no he's not on the short list, he's not a good fit, would have sufficed. Did she need to smug and not tough? Ouch. He has kind of proven her point though. Going into hiding isn't tough.

by Anonymousreply 112October 9, 2018 8:17 PM

Tom will never be Bond. A campy Bond villain maybe, but not Bond. Also he seems so desperate, a few years ago he openly asked if he could be in the new star wars movie and there was a rumour that he offered to do Bond for free if they cast him.

by Anonymousreply 113October 9, 2018 8:30 PM

Hd offered Star wars for free

by Anonymousreply 114October 9, 2018 9:00 PM

He'd do a good Bond villain, he's not beefy enough for Bond himself.

He seems like a nice enough guy and he has talent. I hope Swifty didn't destroy his career, the humiliation is taking a long time to dissipate. The middle aged ladies chasing Hiddleston are shameless and appalling, the very worst the frauen have to offer. They stalk him everywhere.

by Anonymousreply 115October 9, 2018 9:51 PM

I saw him performing in a theatre fundraising gala tonight. He did a fine acting job, and posed for many many fangirl selfies afterwards to help raise money for the charity. Very tall and thin in real life.

by Anonymousreply 116October 11, 2018 1:23 AM

I think by itself the Swift thing would be over by now, but he made people hate him even more when he made that self-aggrandizing speech at that awards show.

by Anonymousreply 117October 11, 2018 1:45 AM

What did Hiddle and Swift talk about? Isn't he an Oxford grad and she did not?

by Anonymousreply 118October 11, 2018 2:07 AM

Yes, his image went downhill, even BBC news published a top article asking wether he had damaged his brand. Well, he comes accross as very naïve and perhaps spoiled! But also I thought he was controlling the whole Swift thing for self-gratification, luxury travels, and famewhoring. Even she seemed totally fooled by him.

Today looked extremely thin, I wondered how he looses his weight. In recent pictures he looked much heavier. Thicker legs and rounder face. Any chances of cocaine use? I just wonder sorry.

by Anonymousreply 119October 11, 2018 2:07 AM

[quote] What did Hiddle and Swift talk about?

The Scientific Revolution, the Counter-Reformation, the development of the stream-of-consciousness novel. Things like that.

by Anonymousreply 120October 11, 2018 2:13 AM

There have been coke and eating disorder rumours about him since at least early 2013.

by Anonymousreply 121October 11, 2018 10:00 AM

love to see a movie of some hot thug hustler fucking the shit outta his slender smarty pants pussy hole.

big tit clamps on his long hungry nipples.

tommy screaming his lungs out: THE FIST THE FIST. TEAR ME UP DADDI

by Anonymousreply 122October 11, 2018 10:19 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 123October 11, 2018 2:35 PM

R122 Has really thought about this scene.

by Anonymousreply 124October 11, 2018 5:54 PM

His head looks really big in R123.

by Anonymousreply 125October 11, 2018 6:08 PM

Think he's hoping his beard will immigrate to his forehead.

by Anonymousreply 126October 11, 2018 6:15 PM

Yikes, R123, not a flattering photo.

As for the brunette “stalker,” I don’t see the difference between her and any other bland brown haired woman these British actors (Colon Fitch, Cumberbland, etc) marry. They always look athletic and a bit harsh in the face. This one is probably no dumber than any other.

As for engineering the meetings with Hiddleston, you think the wives of all of these other actors/musicians didn’t?! Lol

by Anonymousreply 127October 11, 2018 9:25 PM

Cumberbatch's wife looks like she can be his sister. Is he gay?

Colin Firth is gay and bearding

Redmayne is bi

Hiddleston is gay and seeking for a new beard

by Anonymousreply 128October 11, 2018 9:30 PM

Tom's vulnerable quality is his undoing. Besides the onscreen butchness an actor must exude if he hopes to make the A-list, any actor who's going to survive in the business needs a thick, touch, shiny skin of narcissism to get him through the soul-crushing entertainment industry.

Tom just seems like a poor wee hermit crab without a shell. He really ought to write and direct instead.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 129October 11, 2018 9:38 PM

That hermit crab has a better chance at being A list.

by Anonymousreply 130October 12, 2018 12:50 AM

as Loki he rocks it!

by Anonymousreply 131October 12, 2018 1:18 AM

Is it me, or he has a more gay attire/attitude than ever.

by Anonymousreply 132October 12, 2018 1:23 AM

I love you R130!

by Anonymousreply 133October 12, 2018 2:15 AM

R128 I really don’t think Colin Firth is gay. His reputation is that he’s a horn dog in Hollywood. Tbh I heard that only on DL!

by Anonymousreply 134October 12, 2018 3:16 AM

If Colin Firth is gay, why did he live for for years way out in the woods of British Columbia with Meg Tilly? There are easier ways to be gay.

by Anonymousreply 135October 12, 2018 4:29 AM

[quote]Gay or not. To those who suggest he is not atractive, where do u live?

My inbred hillvilly relatives are better looking than the Hiddler.

To whoever posted that Renner and Cruise were supposedly rumored to be together for years- the rumors were always about Renner and his "roommate", the pretentiously named Kristoffer.

by Anonymousreply 136October 12, 2018 5:00 AM

*hillbilly

by Anonymousreply 137October 12, 2018 5:02 AM

Beard Bate?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 138October 12, 2018 7:37 AM

The “musician” chick turned out to be just some super fan who randomly approached him.

by Anonymousreply 139October 12, 2018 8:56 AM

im sorry he is a non entity after bein the gai beard for gai taylor swift cheese.

unreal

by Anonymousreply 140October 12, 2018 12:24 PM

What was he trying to gain from such an over-the-top display (With T. Swift)? There’s high-profile...and then theirs batshit crazy manic public displays.

What can be gained from that?

And why were both his and her MOTHERS involved?

by Anonymousreply 141October 12, 2018 1:01 PM

i felt bad for his mother, sister and cousin, him looking at the eye of the camera-paparazzi suring that beach walk and around her house.

That should have been private. Unless he dis it all for a share of her fortune through marriage. These brit old money families are so because they marry amo g themselves and their money together and in safe hands. Taylor is + £200m

by Anonymousreply 142October 12, 2018 5:26 PM

There have been many rumours over the years that Tom hates the fact that people are thinking that he is gay and made various lame attempts to "prove" his straightness. After his "relationship" with Taylor Swift became public the "Is Tom Hiddleston gay" searches reached a never before seen high.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 143October 12, 2018 6:58 PM

I think that Kenneth Branagh based the Loki character on Bishōnen which is a Japanese term literally meaning "beautiful youth". The bishōnen is a young, androgynous man whose beauty (and sexual appeal) transcends the boundary of gender or sexual orientation.

Bishōnen has roots in ancient Japanese literature. It breaks down stereotypes surrounding feminine male characters. These are often depicted with very strong martial arts abilities, sports talent, high intelligence, dandy fashion, or comedic flair, traits that are usually assigned to the hero/protagonist.

The aesthetic of the bishōnen began as an ideal of a young homosexual lover. The bishōnen is typically slender, with clear skin, stylish hair, and distinctly feminine facial features (such as high cheekbones), but simultaneously retains a male body.

Ian Buruma, writing in 1984, considered the "bishonen in distress" to be a recurring motif in popular manga. The bishōnen in distress is always rescued by an older, protective mentor. This scenario has an "unmistakably homoerotic" atmosphere. He also notes that bishōnen must either grow up, or die beautifully. He notes that "death is the only pure and thus fitting end to the perfection of youth."

Because Loki is depicted as pansexual in Norse mythology, it is fitting that Branagh depicts him as having androgynous bishōnen traits.

Today, bishōnen are very popular among girls and women in Japan. Because Loki, as portrayed by Tom Hiddleston, has bishōnen characteristics, this explains Loki's popularity with fangirls.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 144October 13, 2018 2:23 AM

R142 Taylor might have broken up with Tom to stop the constant ranting of her ex-boyfriend, Calvin Harris.

by Anonymousreply 145October 13, 2018 2:57 AM

I think it was Tom who broke up with her because his image went downhill in a matter of days! What I find weird among his fans is that most of them cannot accept he could be gay. Fans of other gay/bisexual actors seem to have no problem with it. But Tom's and perhaps Heughan's just cannot accept it.

They call it haters when it shouldnt bea big deal if it was true. That just provea he could never come out.

by Anonymousreply 146October 13, 2018 3:22 AM

Tom's best performance is his role as Loki where he plays him as gay or bisexual. His performance is also good in campy roles like F. Scott Fitzgerald in Midnight in Paris where he talks like an actor from the 1920's and also as the overly dashing captain in War Horse. Maybe, he should stick to gay or campy roles.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 147October 13, 2018 7:47 AM

R145 R146 I think the contract ended without a renewal.

by Anonymousreply 148October 13, 2018 12:24 PM

r128 Colin is a reputed womanizer with great appetite for his female co-stars

by Anonymousreply 149October 13, 2018 2:11 PM

It’s pretty creepy that you Tom fans also stalk his other fans!

All of wish that was you instead of Joann. You’d all do the same thing if you could, even though you feign contempt for him here.

by Anonymousreply 150October 13, 2018 2:17 PM

Nathan Fillion had expressed a man crush on Hiddleston in the past. He had also nominated Hiddleston for the Ice Bucket Challenge for the "ladies".

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 151October 13, 2018 6:47 PM

R142 He was probably thinking at the time that Taylor would make perfect wife material because of her wealth and the fact that she can get dolled up to look like a princess and mingle comfortably with British Royalty.

Hiddleston used to boast that he went to Eton with Prince William.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 152October 13, 2018 8:51 PM

Tom looks smitten with interviewer, Rachel Smith (Miss USA 2007) but she friend-zoned him because he's too white and nerdy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 153October 13, 2018 10:57 PM

I see the LSA girls have found this thread.

by Anonymousreply 154October 13, 2018 11:24 PM

Luke Evans fucks women FACT

by Anonymousreply 155October 13, 2018 11:42 PM

Are you lost R155?

by Anonymousreply 156October 13, 2018 11:44 PM

r99 hopefully some of them kill themselves!

by Anonymousreply 157October 14, 2018 12:15 AM

r155 Lost the plot you putz?

by Anonymousreply 158October 14, 2018 12:15 AM

Tom is still in love with Chris Hemsworth.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 159October 14, 2018 12:17 AM

Indeed “Closeted” Tom is no good as lead actor, no chemistry with women, and acts better as a gender fluid character like Loki. “Plus, Barbara Broccoli doesn’t like Tom Hiddleston, he’s a bit too smug and not tough enough to play James Bond.” British actor Hiddleston’s cringe-making romance with Taylor Swift sealed his fate with Bond producers, we’re told, followed by his self-righteous Golden Globes speech, pontificating about

“Plus, Barbara Broccoli doesn’t like Tom Hiddleston, he’s a bit too smug and not tough enough to play James Bond.” British actor Hiddleston’s cringe-making romance with Taylor Swift sealed his fate with Bond producers, we’re told, followed by his self-righteous Golden Globes speech, pontificating about his trip to South Sudan, and how Doctors Without Borders “binge-watched” his series.

by Anonymousreply 160October 14, 2018 1:46 AM

Its 2018 he should be able to come out and be equally successful

by Anonymousreply 161October 14, 2018 1:48 AM

Ahm.. met-met-ah ah, maybe hetero. I’m d-definitely hetero, I will say. Yeah; (laughs) but that’s just my particular preference. I have nothing against metro or anything else.” 1:14 - 1:28

That is a quote from the august 2013 Backlot interview Tom did. There used to be a video on youtube but somehow it seems to have vanished.

by Anonymousreply 162October 14, 2018 2:10 AM

He's probably straight but just real wimpy and needy and off putting to normal women. The Frau fans don't count.

He'll probably end up with a twenty something fan, who idolizes him, because he has no luck with successful women his own age. Or be forever alone.

He comes from money and is upper class, right? Maybe he can find a lady who runs in that circle and marry/breed with her.

by Anonymousreply 163October 14, 2018 2:20 AM

There is no way he wouldnt marry around those circles. It would beu heard of, unless it is someone rich/pretty as Taylor

by Anonymousreply 164October 14, 2018 3:13 AM

R162 On sexual orientation:

"I feel very proud that I’ve grown up as part of a generation that simply doesn’t make a distinction between gay and straight really … It’s like, ‘Oh. So you like strawberry ice cream and you like vanilla ice cream.’ It’s all good. It’s all ice cream."

— From an August 2013 interview with The Backlot

by Anonymousreply 165October 14, 2018 3:22 AM

r165, why are you spending Saturday night trying to post “proof” that Tom is gay on a dozen different websites? Do you think it’s not extremely obvious that it’s all one obsessed fan?

Pretty creepy.

by Anonymousreply 166October 14, 2018 10:31 AM

I think Tom and Chris Hemsworth had a falling out. During the promotion for 'Thor Ragnarok' Chris was close to Taika Waititi but not to Tom--it was as if he was trying to keep his distance from Tom. I also noticed how depressed Tom seemed at that time too. I think Chris broke Tom's heart.

by Anonymousreply 167October 14, 2018 10:48 AM

I think Chris couldn’t care less.

Anyway, Tom should find someone who he can talk about poetry and philosophy starting from Kant.

by Anonymousreply 168October 14, 2018 10:54 AM

Typical Hiddleston Frau

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 169October 14, 2018 12:18 PM

I get more of an asexual vibe from Tom than anything else. He may be technically hetero, but one of those twitchy intellectuals with a very low sex drive. Those types need either another frigid egghead OR a sexy earthy type with such overwhelming erotic energy that they flip the nerd right out of his own twisty brain. Of course, those relationships never work once the sex dies down.

by Anonymousreply 170October 14, 2018 1:31 PM

Ah, I know who r165 is now.

by Anonymousreply 171October 14, 2018 1:40 PM

R170 I totally agree with the description. The next step in his life should be doing some work though.

by Anonymousreply 172October 14, 2018 3:07 PM

R170. Yeah sure he is asexual. Anything but gay to you fangurls.

by Anonymousreply 173October 14, 2018 3:10 PM

Pretty fucking ironic that someone going into threads about anal sex posting, "as a straight woman, my opinion is..." calling other people fangurls.

Why are you here, "straight woman" at r173?

by Anonymousreply 174October 14, 2018 4:04 PM

R167 Hemsworth probably realized that Tom's feelings were more than platonic and wanted to keep his distance. Tom seemed fine with the breakup with Taylor Swift but not with the fallout with Hemsworth.

It's possible that Tom might be bisexual but he didn't realized it at the time in 2013 when he did that interview in R162. He always struck me as someone who is slightly emotionally stunted.

Notice how listless Tom seems in that picture with Joann R138 as if he is still nursing his heartbreak over Hemsworth.

In the clip below, Tom seems slightly irritated with Hemsworth's wife. Notice how Tom is trying to talk to Hemsworth but his wife keeps getting in the way.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 175October 14, 2018 5:06 PM

Ok, so any projects?

by Anonymousreply 176October 14, 2018 5:18 PM

Damn hemsworth is pretty in r175.

by Anonymousreply 177October 14, 2018 5:50 PM

R160 no chemistry with women

like Brad Pitt, DiCaprio, Michael Douglas, Banderas, ...

by Anonymousreply 178October 14, 2018 6:13 PM

R160 Tom acts better as a gender fluid character like Loki because upper class British men often get mistaken for being queer.

by Anonymousreply 179October 14, 2018 6:23 PM

Tom Hiddleston and Elizabeth Olsen are expected to return for the live-action series.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 180October 14, 2018 6:25 PM

R179 I found that just incredibly hard to believe.

by Anonymousreply 181October 14, 2018 6:27 PM

Jeff Goldblum: 'Tom Hiddleston, a very tender lover' | GQ Awards 2018 British

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 182October 14, 2018 8:00 PM

Tom Hiddleston at the British GQ Awards 2018

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 183October 14, 2018 9:07 PM

There's been some substantial fuckery from at least one of his more insane (literally) fans who is infamous for sending in blind items about Tom and haunting message boards like this one (Hi Victoria!). You can see some of her memes here: coke, eating disorder, immune disorder, father beat him as a kid, molestation victim in boarding school, affair with Brannagh, crush on Hemsworth, doing coke with Chris Evans). Girl should have been a publicist b/c she's been relentless in her effort to ruin his career.

by Anonymousreply 184October 14, 2018 9:23 PM

Who is the guy in r183? Potential boyfriend?

by Anonymousreply 185October 14, 2018 10:36 PM

R185 His name is Jonathan Heaf. I think that he's the Features Director at British GQ.

by Anonymousreply 186October 14, 2018 10:55 PM

wtf????? he is a closet queen !!!!

by Anonymousreply 187October 14, 2018 10:56 PM

R187 Yes every Taylor Swift boyfriend is a closet queen

by Anonymousreply 188October 14, 2018 11:23 PM

R185 Judging from his Instagram page, I think that the guy's married to a woman with 2 small children.

by Anonymousreply 189October 14, 2018 11:32 PM

Tom Hiddleston, Chris Evans and Elizabeth Olsen at Ace Comic Con on October 14, 2018 in Chicago.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 190October 15, 2018 12:42 AM

Tom Hiddleston at the ACE Comic Con in Chicago on October 13, 2018.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 191October 15, 2018 12:56 AM

As hard as it is to believe, the guy in the pink velvet jacket is indeed married with two kids.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 192October 15, 2018 1:50 AM

R192 It's because he's a British metrosexual or millennial.

by Anonymousreply 193October 15, 2018 1:59 AM

poor tom looks haggard and shitty with that hair and beard...…

sad

by Anonymousreply 194October 15, 2018 3:12 AM

he eats more dick that prince phillip, its said

by Anonymousreply 195October 15, 2018 3:36 AM

Sigh, I see that some of the tumblr fraus have invaded the dl. I can tell since they obsessively post about the other tumblr fraus as illustrated in post 184. Jesus Christ, just fuck off and go back to tumblr. You are all so boring and a waste of space.

by Anonymousreply 196October 15, 2018 4:44 AM

R191 For a skinny guy he has a nice ass.

by Anonymousreply 197October 15, 2018 5:22 AM

Oh my side's, you have Tumblr fraus who say he's everything but gay and fraus who tell those fraus to shut the fuck up and go back to Tumblr, He's a big homo btw, and no luke Evans does not fuck fish sad cow frau.

by Anonymousreply 198October 15, 2018 7:19 AM

Would any self respecting gay man wear the same clothes over and over again as Hiddleston does? I swear, he has been wearing the same dark blue sweater, black jeans combo for years now. It is so weird.

by Anonymousreply 199October 15, 2018 10:08 AM

omg has he turned into an old horse

by Anonymousreply 200October 15, 2018 10:15 AM

In some of the photos above, they could not look more gay even if they tried. And yes Jonathan is married with 2 kids. And so does Jeff Goblum.

Eventually Tom will go that route.

by Anonymousreply 201October 15, 2018 10:32 AM

Seeing how hard certain posters try to derail this thead makes me think we might be onto something gossip wise.

by Anonymousreply 202October 15, 2018 11:04 AM

I did a google dive. r165 has made 10% of all the posts in this thread, and is also the infamous poster News on CDAN:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 203October 15, 2018 12:38 PM

And "Earths" who got driven away from LSA for being too crazy and obsessive.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 204October 15, 2018 12:40 PM

I used to think Elizabeth Olsen was just a knock off Olsen twin, but she grew into her looks and is very beautiful.

by Anonymousreply 205October 15, 2018 3:12 PM

That is the difference that anorexia and smoking make R205

by Anonymousreply 206October 15, 2018 3:25 PM

Ultimately, there is no chance st knowing wether if Tom is gay or not. Crazydays has revealed he was since since his first Thor around 2010/2011 claiming at first he ( and Chris) both slept with Branagh to launch the roles. Who knows really, but only recently there is a madness among his fans, claiming conspirancy theories of all kind, that he could ONLY be hetero.

Well, again no one can assert the truth for sure. So is best to stop the witchhunt. Abd wait for him to come out when he is ready

by Anonymousreply 207October 15, 2018 5:27 PM

I will never come out! R207

by Anonymousreply 208October 15, 2018 10:12 PM

r207 you do realise we can see what posts have been made by the same poster? One click and all your posts are highlighted.

You're the poster who's posted more than anyone on this thread. You're the poster who won't stop obsessively banging on about Tom being gay and banging Brannagh for roles both here and on other forums. You're the poster "News" who was run off CDAN for being a stalker. You're the poster "Earths" who got run off LSA because literally everyone there though you were a complete loon, and when posters on LSA regard you as crazy and obsessive, that's really bad.

Just drop this weird obsession with trying desperately to convince the entire Internet that Tom is gay and owes his career to the casting couch. The Brannagh thing's been very comprehensively debunked, they didn't even meet till Tom was nearly 30 and already an Olivier winner, Brannagh didn't direct any of his early roles till Wallander, and his first few films and some of his major stage plays were directed by women.

by Anonymousreply 209October 15, 2018 11:16 PM

Tom Hiddleston and Jeff Goldblum at the British GQ Awards, September 5, 2018

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 210October 15, 2018 11:41 PM

Earth/News is also probably KelseighAnne on Tumblr who wants to "hold him accountable". She also posted a fake photo of her with him at some fan event.

by Anonymousreply 211October 15, 2018 11:59 PM

How much do these conventions pay? Must be worth it to deal with so many fans.

by Anonymousreply 212October 16, 2018 12:28 AM

If Tom is gay so fucking what. I really don't care what he is but his fan base is looney toons, such as r209 and 211. Please, for the love of God, go back to tumblr and stay there!! Stop stinking up the dl.

by Anonymousreply 213October 16, 2018 10:48 AM

Great. I found him nondescript and vaguely annoying and now I have to feel sorry for him due to his crazy fans. THANKS, fangirls.

by Anonymousreply 214October 16, 2018 2:19 PM

r212 By 2016 Cap America Chris evans made 200k min. google it. Downey jr. asked for 1.5 m to attend ComicCon after it became such succesful event. I reckon TH would have made 500k.

by Anonymousreply 215October 16, 2018 6:07 PM

Actors from successful sci-fi franchises can make a pretty good living by just doing cons for the rest of their lives, but it must be a shitty way to pay the rent. Not working-at-Walmart-bad, but there is the whiff of sex work about it: All the schmoozing and smiling and posing with your arms around sweaty obsessed fans. Carrie Fisher was right when she called it 'the celebrity lap dance.'

It's different if you're RDJ and taking a cool million to show up and do a Q&A, but the small cons where a lot of personal contact with fans is necessary must be really soul-sucking.

by Anonymousreply 216October 16, 2018 8:15 PM

Still it is easy money considering he has not a busy imdb like cumberbatch.

by Anonymousreply 217October 16, 2018 9:17 PM

Oh fuck off r213. I've been a regular here since 2003. (King Kong will stop the rain.) I've been posting about my experiences of working in London theatre here for over a decade, and have posted plenty of actor gossip and gay gossip in my time.

If anyone needs to fuck off, it's the insane young Russian fangirl who only visits DL to push her bizarre obsession with him.

by Anonymousreply 218October 17, 2018 11:56 AM

R218 Have you worked with Hiddleston? I had an ex that worked on the fringes of London theatre starting in the late 2000s. Never heard any gay rumours about him amongst theatre people. Also don't get gay off of him thru interviews.

by Anonymousreply 219October 17, 2018 3:21 PM

R218

Wrong thread, I know, but here it goes:

Do you have any gossip regarding Richard Armitage?

by Anonymousreply 220October 17, 2018 3:44 PM

On what planet is this one hot?

by Anonymousreply 221October 17, 2018 3:59 PM

Sakaar

by Anonymousreply 222October 17, 2018 5:13 PM

I worked at a company in London and used to meet one of my coworkers for lunch/dinners but never weekends. It took me about a year to find out he was gay and living with his bf. It was a distant cousin who told me because he would take his partber to weddings and family events.

Nobody in the office has any clue. So for those who have worked with Hidds. No matter how close, unless it is a family member or the closest of friends. I would find it hard to believe 100% for sure they would know. Same as any of us. Still, he has to be gay or metrosexual - like Beckham?- they will have the same looks/ attitude as you wiuld expect from the traditional gay outlook but would sleep/ have love and emotional relationships/kids with women.

by Anonymousreply 223October 17, 2018 9:32 PM

Still, he will do well. He is part of that 1%, wealthy, famous, awards, ownership lands/housing, an army of fans (mostly young girls) and not many job offers but good friends in high places.

If he ever comes out, we will know. If he marries too. He likes fame too much to “hide” permanently.

by Anonymousreply 224October 17, 2018 9:42 PM

He has female fans showing up in wedding dresses at cons for him. He can and will never come out.

by Anonymousreply 225October 17, 2018 10:55 PM

No one believes your fake stories pr shills, you can easily find where he attended uni by just googling.

by Anonymousreply 226October 17, 2018 11:55 PM

There is a queer vibe to how he relates to Jeff Goblum there is no doubt it is a bit “uh uh” They have defined his character as “gender fluid” “queer” etc but in real life does not seem any different

by Anonymousreply 227October 18, 2018 4:19 AM

I get this queer vibe to how he relates to other men as well like Ken Branagh and Chris Hemsworth.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 228October 18, 2018 9:38 PM

Those boys-only schools! He truly only showed happiness with Susanna and Katy. After that all the energy went to Luke, Chris, and again some glimpse to the fans.

But I get the vibe that he is in love with himself and his own image. As if the Comic Con pics were a vanity act.

by Anonymousreply 229October 19, 2018 12:54 AM

I noticed that he kept his distance away from Hemsworth at the British GQ Awards 2018.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 230October 19, 2018 2:48 AM

Or Chris did

by Anonymousreply 231October 19, 2018 2:59 AM

Perhaps he just cannot come out because of his dad/family? He had his expectations (did not want him to act) so he has to show he is know and succesful and “gay” would not have been easy.

I look at him ans I can see why so many people are still in the closet in 2018. Not easy to fit into family/society demands.

by Anonymousreply 232October 19, 2018 3:22 AM

Who was Katy? R229

by Anonymousreply 233October 19, 2018 6:26 AM

R223 Kat Dennings

by Anonymousreply 234October 20, 2018 12:29 AM

Still there were no pics of them outside the red carpet. Same with Taylor, that Met night Tay posted pics with friends after party and he flew away ahortly. Seems all his affairs are photoframed and there is an entire private life behind that we dont know about. Surely not what he wants out there.

by Anonymousreply 235October 20, 2018 12:34 AM

At 0:26, Tom looks like he's either checking out Chris's outfit or checking Chris out back in 2013 at the world premiere of Thor: The Dark World.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 236October 20, 2018 1:29 AM

He probably wants to get married and have kids since he seems fond of children.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 237October 20, 2018 2:03 AM

Would you two posters take these dumbass rehashed, stale converations complete with old ass photos back to tumbler or Lsa? The man's career is clearly stalled in Hollywood and the UK, and has been for the last couple of years with no end in sight. And it is his own fault, which included entertaining batshit fans obsessed with Loki. No wonder he will be stuck playing that same character for years to come while his peers are busy doing other diverse projects.

by Anonymousreply 238October 20, 2018 3:24 AM

Tom Hiddleston at the Ralph Lauren 50th Anniversary during the NYFW on Sept 7, 2018

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 239October 20, 2018 6:34 AM

He should stick to character roles. He was good in The Gathering Storm.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 240October 20, 2018 6:56 AM

Nobody liked him in Crimson Peak?

by Anonymousreply 241October 20, 2018 10:09 AM

I don't get why he's not doing theatre, taking supporting roles and generally trying to get his career together. Bigger stars had to do that and have done it successfully.

by Anonymousreply 242October 20, 2018 10:31 AM

Chris and Tom broke up. I think they had an affair and Chris was the one who broke it off. I think Tom fell in love with Chris and was heartbroken when it ended.

by Anonymousreply 243October 20, 2018 11:06 AM

Can’t someone tell the LSA girl to go back to LSA? Pretty please. Let’s discuss about other things.

by Anonymousreply 244October 20, 2018 11:07 AM

Half the posts on this thread are the same nutcase who pretended to be Tom’s neighbour, talking to herself. I looked at all her posts in isolation and she’s clearly sockpuppeting: posting that Tom is gay then responding to herself to say we can’t know and should stop “witch hunting,” posting that Tom is a dead cert for Bond and raving about how great he is then switching personas and saying he’s an effeminate loser who can’t act.

by Anonymousreply 245October 20, 2018 11:41 AM

R245 Great job, so my next question is: should I open a thread for Tom where we can talk about something different than all this mess? Like having a normal discussion? She can keep shitposting in here if she wants but at least the other people have another thread.

by Anonymousreply 246October 20, 2018 11:45 AM

In what way is this man interesting enough to sockpuppetting? Wow! I am here because his self inflicted career slide is fascinating.

by Anonymousreply 247October 20, 2018 12:32 PM

R241 He looked good in Crimson Peak.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 248October 20, 2018 3:24 PM

R248 YAY! Finally someone who liked him in there.

He was good with Chastain and he even showed butt.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 249October 20, 2018 3:38 PM

R243 I believe that he had a fallout with Hemsworth during the promotion of Thor: Ragnarok. He didn't look this depressed after his breakup with women like Taylor Swift or Kat Dennings. It's almost as if he's trying to hide from the rest of the world.

by Anonymousreply 250October 20, 2018 4:00 PM

There was an old rumour that Tom was a datalounger and started a thread about himself.

by Anonymousreply 251October 20, 2018 7:02 PM

The only movie I've ever seen him in was "Crimson Peak." He played the love interest, and I thought it was odd, because he was very plain, not handsome or very attractive at all. He had a bare assed nude scene and I didn't see anything particularly attractive about that either. He has an ass like a woman.

by Anonymousreply 252October 20, 2018 7:42 PM

R252 What about the one with Tilda?

by Anonymousreply 253October 20, 2018 7:47 PM

Only Lovers Left Alive.

He was alright. Anton Yelchin was good in that interesting little movie.

by Anonymousreply 254October 20, 2018 11:34 PM

Loki is definitely written as a queer character. Either that or the writers and Taika Waititi are trying to out Hiddleston.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 255October 20, 2018 11:49 PM

Isnt it showing his butt (too often and suggested by him) a call for other men? As a woman I dont feel such an interest on that part of the body. Obviously he is not going to do a full frontal as Fassbender, buy yet showing his women like butt doesnt seem to me “oriented primarily to his female fans”

What is the opinion from a gay perspective? anyone?

by Anonymousreply 256October 21, 2018 12:20 AM

R256, I thought women appreciated a nice ass on a guy. This here old fart finds Hiddleston to be a singularly unattractive man, at least from the pics.

by Anonymousreply 257October 21, 2018 12:29 AM

"I thought women appreciated a nice ass on a guy."

I think they probably do. But gay men appreciate it even more.

by Anonymousreply 258October 21, 2018 1:05 AM

r256, Patrick Wilson shows his ass (rightly so) all the time. And he's straight.

by Anonymousreply 259October 21, 2018 1:19 AM

[quote]He has female fans showing up in wedding dresses at cons for him.

That is so fucking pathetic.

by Anonymousreply 260October 21, 2018 1:22 AM

Just been watching the Hollow Crown, he is good, just that other actors like Ben Wisham, Cumber and Jeremy are infinitely better.

I think thats the problem that he has been give too many and too good roles for his average/ good but not outstanding talent and skills. He would need more practice as character/secondary ensemble actor but he doesnt bother. No work just events - he just wants the glory and easy comiccon big money.

Its a pity, I was a fan, and Fassbender and both faded fast.Cumber can be a bit boring although an excellent Khan

by Anonymousreply 261October 21, 2018 1:43 AM

R261 He has the good fortune of making connections with the right people like Ken Branagh.

by Anonymousreply 262October 21, 2018 1:59 AM

Hey r218, can you tell me anything about Ralph Fiennes?

As for TH, I don’t know if he’s gay or straight (my guess would be gay if for no other reason than he bearded with TS) and my impression of him is that he’s so thirsty for fame that it doesn’t really matter what his orientation is or whether he’s highly educated and “intellectual.”

I helped a friend out on his amatuer film production once and one of the actresses was so pathologically desperate for attention it was almost heartbreaking to see her. Literally every human she met she’d try to network with, repeat her name to, get your name so she could send you a FB friend request. I got the impression that she had no sense of self and was a bottomless pit that craved attention and a spotlight but could never get enough. The kind of person who’d give absolutely any low level Harvey Weinstein type a blow job or let him fuck her if he’d so much as let her audition for a straight-to-video movie.

From what I’ve read on DL, Hiddles is thirsty to the point of being off-putting to producers and casting directors. Didn’t he pull some stunt where he showed up unannounced and uninvited to audition for the Bond role, or maybe the rumor was that he’d tried to spread rumors that he’d already been cast as Bond? Whatever it was, it was completely inappropriate and I think that’s why Broccoli publicly dressed him down and said Hell no. And I imagine that kind of behavior is why he hasn’t been getting work lately. And perhaps why his costars are a bit distant from him at red carpet events. Just my speculation, of course. I’d like to be wrong and for him to be a genuine, smart, well-read, kind-hearted, unselfish, confident, thoughtful guy.

by Anonymousreply 263October 21, 2018 2:09 AM

"Can you tell me anything about Ralph Fiennes?"

Yeah, it would be interesting to hear some good gossip about him. He seems like a weird one. He dumped his wife Alex Kingston, for the 18 years old Francesca Annis. They made a big deal about being so happy together, but their union eventually ended. Wasn't he involved in a scandal where he was caught fucking a flight attendant on a plane? I seem to recall that the flight attendant got fired for that.

by Anonymousreply 264October 21, 2018 3:26 AM

Fiennes is far more talented He is too discreet. All this posh Brits seem serious and sophisticated and smart. Then bomb with some “embarrasing” story. Hugh grant caught with a prostitute. Fiennes caught having sex in the flight. Also Prince of Monaco got one assistant pregnant in another flight.

Then TH and Taylor, announced to the world. I had never heard of him before (he looked different as Loki) and their “love” affair coverage was among the biggest ever recorded and in good quality. Hard to get used to him as a hermit.

by Anonymousreply 265October 21, 2018 3:39 AM

Make that "eighteen years older Francesca Annis." I guess he wanted a Mommy. Supposedly he was very close to his mother who died prematurely.

by Anonymousreply 266October 21, 2018 3:43 AM

no r256. Nudity is in the script. The actor doesn't just decide to drop their pants. In major movies it is highly negotiated in contracts and there are all sort of union rules as to how it can be brought up in auditions.

by Anonymousreply 267October 21, 2018 4:14 AM

R267 It was Tom Hiddleston's idea to show his English Countryside In "Crimson Peak".

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 268October 21, 2018 4:35 AM

He was also naked in Only Lovers Left Alive.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 269October 21, 2018 4:54 AM

[quote]Isnt it showing his butt (too often and suggested by him) a call for other men? As a woman I dont feel such an interest on that part of the body.

Asses are the first thing I notice on men. Doesn't make Tom straight, but he certainly has a nice seat cushion.

by Anonymousreply 270October 21, 2018 6:46 AM

I have to admit that I have an ass fetish. Like that’s the first thing I notice...

by Anonymousreply 271October 21, 2018 8:57 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 272October 21, 2018 1:05 PM

^^^^Still not as embarrassing as

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 273October 21, 2018 3:00 PM

He's good in supporting roles when he worked with great directors like Steven Spielberg in War House and Woody Allen in Midnight in Paris. His performance is also good when he worked with great actors in critically acclaimed films like The Gathering Storm.

Instead, Hiddleston seems to attach himself to mediocre directors playing bland, straight and safe characters that will never win any awards.

He should take more challenge in his career and play a gay character because he's naturally gifted at playing a gender fluid character like Loki.

Playing a gay character never hurt anybody's career. It got Academic Award nominations for Benedict Cumberbatch in The Imitation Game and for Timothee Chalamet in Call Me By Your Name. Jeremy Irons earned his first Golden Globe Award nomination for his break-out role in the ITV series Brideshead Revisited (1981). Hugh Grant first received attention after earning the Volpi Cup for his performance in James Ivory's Maurice (1987).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 274October 21, 2018 5:44 PM

R274, is obessed with gay people on a bunny boiler level. Distrubing, even for this site.

by Anonymousreply 275October 21, 2018 6:04 PM

The difference is that Hugh Grant is confident enough in his own sexuality that he was never afraid to play gay characters even at the beginning of his career. He also told the story how his brother ( with whom he was living at the time) was surprised to come home from work and find him kissing James Wilby in their front room ( they were rehearsing for Maurice). Tom Hiddleston would and could never admit to something like that and not just because of his crazy tumblr fanbase. R274

by Anonymousreply 276October 21, 2018 6:33 PM

I think he will eventually make a comeback. Not sure if to play a gay character, but he is ambitious enough to try it again.

by Anonymousreply 277October 21, 2018 9:46 PM

He needs to take on character roles which he is more suited to.

by Anonymousreply 278October 22, 2018 10:27 AM

Lol the link at r272 reminds me of Quincy Jones’ declaration about Brando that “He’d fuck anything. Anything! He’d fuck a mailbox.” 😂

by Anonymousreply 279October 22, 2018 2:40 PM

Quincy Jones is awesome. He's too old to give a fuck anymore and just lets it fly.

by Anonymousreply 280October 22, 2018 3:28 PM

Tom Hollander went on to discuss being “accommodating when it came to my sexuality” early on in his career. “I was half-pretty and boyish, and a lot of gay people seemed to have influential positions in the theatre,” he wrote. “So I went along with it, up to a point,” he explains, when we meet in Notting Hill, west London, “I wasn’t trying to suggest that I slept my way to the lower-middle, no.”

by Anonymousreply 281October 22, 2018 10:21 PM

Blind item This movie which is a superhero movie filled with a galaxy of superheroes was filmed partially in a southwestern state. This foreign born A- list mostly movie actor who was in the movie met a young man on the set and the two started hooking up. The young man, much like our actor has never come out. Apparently the young man upset our actor though so the actor stopped by the young man’s place of work and asked if his boyfriend was there, outing the young man. Tom Hiddleston ("Thor") (filming locations: Santa Fe and Galisteo, New Mexico, USA

by Anonymousreply 282October 23, 2018 2:38 AM

BBC's new John Le Carré adaptation will not show Tom Hiddleston's bum for fear of offending Americans, star reveals.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 283October 23, 2018 2:41 AM

I thought he was very handsome in Crimson Peak. That role and his Loki role are his hottest roles, probably because he looks better as a brunette. The reddish-blonde hair washes out his features.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 284October 23, 2018 3:11 AM

[quote]The young man, much like our actor has never come out. Apparently the young man upset our actor though so the actor stopped by the young man’s place of work and asked if his boyfriend was there, outing the young man. Tom Hiddleston

So if this BI is to be believed, he's a shitty little cunt, eh? Wouldn't surprise me. Though it's a really stupid way to out himself too, by going around to some office park in New Mexico or whatever, asking to see someone's boyfriend.

by Anonymousreply 285October 23, 2018 3:25 AM

Honest question - do you women really have no other place to discuss Hiddleston and Hammer?

by Anonymousreply 286October 23, 2018 3:33 AM

The poster responsible for 90% of the posts here has been kicked off every other fan forum for being completely psychotic.

by Anonymousreply 287October 23, 2018 11:20 AM

tumblr does not allow discussions whether or not Tom is gay. It is frau central and god forbid you should think of such a thing. It is funny since tumblr is so gay-friendly and most of TH's fans are the same way. Yet, they react this way if you even suggest it.

by Anonymousreply 288October 23, 2018 12:36 PM

Tumblr is gay friendly to fantasy slash fiction for popular characters. Real life gay people are a no-no for these women. Regardless, those two insane posters don't need to bring their repetitive insanity here.

by Anonymousreply 289October 23, 2018 1:18 PM

That BI sounds like bullshit. Tom has more to lose by outing himself than any anonymous twink would, and given what he's risked for het-cred (the whole Swiftian debacle), I doubt he'd pull something like that in a fit of pique.

by Anonymousreply 290October 23, 2018 2:49 PM

I have to say the Hollander interview at The Telegraph is the most honest one I ever read, and it is valid for Hiddleston. Even more boyish and pretty than him at the age he began acting. That Tall and face so expressive, it would have been difficult not to notice him

by Anonymousreply 291October 23, 2018 5:05 PM

by the way never been kicked off for saying Tom might be gay. The world of Blind items and Datalounge is not full of fraus worrying about Tom being outed. Its not the end of the world

by Anonymousreply 292October 23, 2018 5:15 PM

R290 Have to agree. Don't know if he's gay but he must be so deeply closeted that he'll never come out. If you're gay, when you sign on the dotted line with Swift you're committing to a life in the closet. Especially if you then cry about how awful your "breakup" was like he did to Esquire.

by Anonymousreply 293October 23, 2018 7:00 PM

Two words: Ben. Chaplin.

by Anonymousreply 294October 23, 2018 7:06 PM

Elaborate R294

by Anonymousreply 295October 23, 2018 9:37 PM

Another closet case?

by Anonymousreply 296October 23, 2018 10:26 PM

r292/Russian stalker troll: you didn’t get kicked out for saying Tom might be gay. You got kicked out for being lying sockpuppeting stalker.

You do realize we can SEE which posts were made by you, right? We can see all your posts claiming to be Tom’s neighbour, posts insisting he’s gay, posts insisting he’s not gay, posts attacking him, posts praising him, posting something then attacking yourself for having posted it.

Either you literally have multiple personality disorder or you’re so obsessed with Tom you veer between loving him and hating him.

by Anonymousreply 297October 23, 2018 11:57 PM

British and never got kicked out from anywhere because homo is accepted. You changed your narrative. From “he is straight” to “you are to blamed for any gay post and BI” take note: those pages and posts have suggested he was a closeted actor long before I ever posted from him”

Not every post about him gay/Branagh is my “fault”

by Anonymousreply 298October 24, 2018 12:34 AM

^Well done, R297.

by Anonymousreply 299October 24, 2018 12:34 AM

I feel sorry for these actors like Hiddleston and Cumberbatch who attract these PSYCHO frau fans. Cumberbatch has had some stalking incidents outside his house in London and the police got involved.

by Anonymousreply 300October 24, 2018 12:37 AM

How on earth I am his neighbour? Never been to his area despite being a Londoner, and never contradicted my own narrative. It is he simple: He can be a closeted actor, likely slept with Branagh for roles. Just accept it instead of “blaming”and get over it!

by Anonymousreply 301October 24, 2018 12:41 AM

R301 Cumberbatch only had 1 case of one person leaving 2 red ribbons and the police issued one notification. Also internet talk about PR marriage/kids. Hiddleston has fans around supposedly and a heated debate about him being gay or not. Thats all.

by Anonymousreply 302October 24, 2018 12:53 AM

I don't consider him "handsome" at all. With that face? That's not handsome in MY book.

by Anonymousreply 303October 24, 2018 12:54 AM

r302 they've both been stalked by psycho fraus.

by Anonymousreply 304October 24, 2018 1:05 AM

R304 Also anyone that suggested Cumber could have a PR wife +2+1 soon was quickly called frau psycho. And seem the idea of Hidds being gay fuels the biggest feuds. bove for example, gay mention led to accusations of russian troll, psycho. Is it imposible to accept he can be gay, move on and get over it? Also their careers blossomed thanks to teen fans and their blind crazy “blind love” so to some extent I do not pity them that much.

by Anonymousreply 305October 24, 2018 1:54 AM

For the billionth time: Datalounge has a function, which you apparently have not discovered, that allows posters to view all posts made by a single person.

We know exactly which posts were made by you, infamous earths/news/yaoifangirl etc. We can see you arguing against yourself and changing your story.

by Anonymousreply 306October 24, 2018 11:10 AM

I don't know about Hiddleston, but Cumberbatch seems totally straight to me. Whatever deal he worked out with the wife, it seems to have been to his advantage: His career has been going gangbusters since he married her, and he's stopped giving disastrous over-share interviews. She's also pregnant with their third child, so if she's a beard, she's more than holding up her end of the bargain.

by Anonymousreply 307October 24, 2018 7:42 PM

Cumberbatch is straight, c’mon guys. You’re better than this.

by Anonymousreply 308October 24, 2018 7:46 PM

I've never heard any rumors about Cumberbatch, he appears to be straight as an arrow.

by Anonymousreply 309October 24, 2018 7:53 PM

R309 My post was meant as “ yes, I agree with you that Cumberbatch is straight and since Dlers are good at pinpointing the gay actors they’re ( for this) better than questioning Benedict’s heterosexuality and move on to other “preys”.

Hope now I cleared it better.

by Anonymousreply 310October 24, 2018 7:58 PM

Cumberbatch has zero gay rumours. Tom Hiddleston on the other hand has had gay rumours since even before Thor 1 came out.

by Anonymousreply 311October 24, 2018 9:23 PM

Yes, exactly. Cumberbatch met her wife ages ago in a film, when he was still dating that 10-yr long term pretty gf. So their relationship is healthy and solid. But fraus claimed it was PR Hidds has gay rumours always&forever “despite dating women occasionally (Taylor?) .” His fans claim he is hetero (lol), his gay PR never his bf (sure!), many hook ups with fans and models (evidence?) and that gf Sussana ( rumour is he would go to killing kitten parties with her and he would hook up with men too)

by Anonymousreply 312October 24, 2018 10:28 PM

What are killing kitten parties?

by Anonymousreply 313October 24, 2018 10:39 PM

R313 www.killingkittens.com (option couple)

by Anonymousreply 314October 24, 2018 11:51 PM

There aren’t gay rumours that pre-date him becoming famous though. Just people posting online “oh I heard when he was in college he had gay rumours.” But all the posts alleging the existence of gay rumours, date back only a few years.

by Anonymousreply 315October 25, 2018 12:08 AM

Gay rumours in the second post of this 2010 thread, before the movie was even released R315.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 316October 25, 2018 12:30 AM

According to IP logging, all these posts were made from the same computer:

Isnt it showing his butt (too often and suggested by him) a call for other men? As a woman I dont feel such an interest on that part of the body. What is the opinion from a gay perspective? anyone?

i am not sure about him interested in women. But if he agrees to pose, perhaps he is in love [with the woman he was photographed with]

I honestly by now I think he is bisexual towards Gay. If he wasnt famous he would be out I am sure, and I also think his need to “hide” is somehow related to his need to come out but unable due to the weight of the industry or who knows why. Daddy issues? I watched Archipelago last night and I thought he simply seemed gay. Also, if he seeks out a partner it wiuld probably be like George Clooney, masculine features and non-femenine woman. I just cant wait to hear something from him. An explanation, but I guess it will come out after Avengers 4, when he is contractually done with Marvel.

What I wonder is.. is he gay, bisexual, he doesnt even know himself, or hetero that has experimented?

He exhudes gayness, as early as in Joanna’s Archipelago. And rumours about him being gay are in almost every post.

Is it me, or he has a more gay attire/attitude than ever.

What I find weird among his fans is that most of them cannot accept he could be gay. They call it haters when it shouldnt bea big deal if it was true. That just provea he could never come out.

There is a queer vibe to how he relates to Jeff Goblum there is no doubt it is a bit “uh uh” They have defined his character as “gender fluid” “queer” etc but in real life does not seem any different

His fans claim he is hetero (lol), his gay PR never his bf (sure!).

Perhaps he just cannot come out because of his dad/family?

Ultimately, there is no chance st knowing wether if Tom is gay or not. Well, again no one can assert the truth for sure. So is best to stop the witchhunt.

Why do you keep posting "he seems gay, does anyone think he seems gay?" over and over and over again? Why does your story keep changing from "maybe he is straight" to "lol dumb fans can't accept that he's gay"? Why are you calling gay rumours "a witch hunt" and asking us to stop speculating, when you're the one starting and obsessively pushing those gay rumours?

by Anonymousreply 317October 25, 2018 12:36 AM

Oh and according to IP logging, our lady friend who can’t remember if she’s a native Londoner or if she can barely speak English posted both this:

“What He wants the most is Bond, if there are no better candidates -and I dont think there are strong contenders- he could get it.”

And this:

"Indeed “Closeted” Tom is no good as lead actor, no chemistry with women, and acts better as a gender fluid character like Loki. “Plus, Barbara Broccoli doesn’t like Tom Hiddleston, he’s a bit too smug and not tough enough to play James Bond.” British actor Hiddleston’s cringe-making romance with Taylor Swift sealed his fate with Bond producers, we’re told, followed by his self-righteous Golden Globes speech, pontificating about his trip to South Sudan, and how Doctors Without Borders “binge-watched” his series."

by Anonymousreply 318October 25, 2018 12:39 AM

And finally, she made this post, idolising him and lavishing praise on him:

"To those who suggest he is not atractive, where do u live? I mean there is no one near as handsome in my area. Most are half his size, to begin with. He is a tall, baby blue eyed inteligent, pointed nose, glossy hair, soft hands. Nor violent nor harsh, defends women rights, friends with the future king, open doors to parties all over the woeld . Has not criminal conviction, well behaved and rich. Do you related often to much much better than that? Where?"

Yet she also made these five posts:

"He comes accross as very naïve and perhaps spoiled! But also I thought he was controlling the whole Swift thing for self-gratification, luxury travels, and famewhoring. Even she seemed totally fooled by him.

"Indeed “Closeted” Tom is no good as lead actor, no chemistry with women."

"He likes fame too much to hide permanently."

"He just wants the glory and easy comiccon big money."

"But I get the vibe that he is in love with himself and his own image."

Really, stop. You've been busted. We can SEE which posts were made from your IP address. We can see you sockpuppet and change your story constantly. How come you switch between suggesting he might be bi, to saying he's clearly gay, to saying he might be in love with a woman, to saying we should stop the gay rumours witchhunt? How come you switch between gushing praise, and bashing him? Saying he could be Bond, and that he's a shit actor with no chance at Bond? How come in some posts your English is fluent and you claim to be a native Londoner, and in other posts you claim to be foreign and use broken English?

by Anonymousreply 319October 25, 2018 12:41 AM

11/2010 is 8 yrs ago. Liked the interview title “branagh’s boy” for thisislondon.com and Q&A about their relationship. Oh love! rumours about Conspirancy and Wallander. Not every actor is rumoured gay.

Saying “he must be in love” with the singer/fans is obviously mocking the article. They couldnt look less romantic. But even if they slept together and hook up rumours are ok that doesnt make a gay guy hetero/straight

by Anonymousreply 320October 25, 2018 1:16 AM

@R319: Because she's fucking psycho, that's why.

by Anonymousreply 321October 25, 2018 1:45 AM

[quote] R116: I saw him performing in a theatre fundraising gala tonight.

This October? What was that performance / play? Was it any good?

I thought the last time he returned to the stage was in Hamlet for the RADA fundraiser back in September 2017.

by Anonymousreply 322October 25, 2018 11:58 AM

Maybe, he should work with British director, Tom Hooper. I like his Jaguar ad.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 323October 26, 2018 2:32 AM

his career seems to have sunk since the taylor swift bullshit

by Anonymousreply 324October 26, 2018 2:41 AM

Maybe it is too late, but he needs some work to look like he is busy and still in the game. I don't know if he is just not getting anything decent or refuses to take anything that is not one of the leads. Do a decent indie or another TV show or theatre. Everything does not have to be blockbusters or obvious awards bait. It is almost like he is blacklisted outside of Loki.

by Anonymousreply 325October 26, 2018 2:53 AM

He plays a good villain.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 326October 26, 2018 3:03 AM

It’s been 2 years since his last new project. Whats he up to? Has he really been blacklisted?

by Anonymousreply 327October 26, 2018 4:01 AM

Or is he just done? He quit social media, he stopped his grooming and seemed like he doesnt care anymore aside from being Loki. He said in ACE he’s been busy, but with what.

by Anonymousreply 328October 26, 2018 4:05 AM

Tom Hiddleston attends the press night of 'I and You' at Hampstead Theatre at Hampstead Heath on October 25, 2018 in London, UK.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 329October 26, 2018 6:42 AM

This two look great together. Similar beards. He also poses with Richard Madden whos been tipped for a James Bond role. Both look unworthy of that role anyways

by Anonymousreply 330October 26, 2018 9:32 AM

who has a link to that guy in texas sucking on tom's asshole.

I cant find it anymore, must have been removed.

in a toilet stall ...it was def him.

by Anonymousreply 331October 26, 2018 3:27 PM

Whos the companion with the similar beard anyways? It rings a bell.

by Anonymousreply 332October 26, 2018 6:02 PM

r331 we would like to see that.

by Anonymousreply 333October 26, 2018 7:53 PM

Don't feed the troll, R333.

by Anonymousreply 334October 26, 2018 8:52 PM

His name is Laurence Spellman. He's an actor who appeared in Game of Thrones, The Tudors and The Legend of Tarzan. He also acted with Hiddleston in the staged play, Cymbeline. He also played the Nazi Captain in the theatrical production of Bent.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 335October 27, 2018 6:42 AM

R335 Thanks. I google him and on comments/pics, Tom went with him to the Thor premiere in LA

by Anonymousreply 336October 27, 2018 12:36 PM

Frankly, Laurence Spellman looks like TH’s more attractive brother.

by Anonymousreply 337October 27, 2018 1:30 PM

Also theatre buddies, acted together in the 2006 play The Changeling with Olivia Williams @TheBarbican Cute. Lawrence had a boring/ inexpresive face without the beard.

by Anonymousreply 338October 27, 2018 1:40 PM

I have watched Bodyguard + Johnny English this week, add Kingman, ans so many actors /productions want to be the “Bond/franchise” Tom truly wanted Bond, and perhaps went the Taylor/hetero route. But now that there are better candidates (madden) competition, he might as well give up his hetero image and enjoy the fame he has left.

by Anonymousreply 339October 27, 2018 1:47 PM

I think Kingman made the James Bond franchise irrelevant

by Anonymousreply 340October 27, 2018 1:50 PM

I remember seeing a picture of Laurence Spellman in the car with Hiddleston after the Glamour Awards in the early days of Hiddleston's fame but at that time Spellman was beardless and very young looking. He was also seen walking behind Hiddleston at "Life of Pi" premiere in 2012.

by Anonymousreply 341October 27, 2018 4:52 PM

he will be in ACE Arizona in January 11-13. Seems fond of his fans! Or financial worries’

by Anonymousreply 342October 27, 2018 10:10 PM

To the resident Tom Hiddleston Troll, I have some questions. 1) What do you hope to achieve posting pro an negative posts about the man? 2) What is the origin of your obsession with him? 3) Seriously, you are not displaying normal, sane behavior. Have you ever sought mental help? 4) Again, why do you do this? What is your end game here?

by Anonymousreply 343October 28, 2018 12:37 AM

R342, the ACE Comic Con in Arizona is looking to be very interesting. Scheduled star guests will include Chris Evans, Sebastian Stan, Tom Hollander, etc and now apparently Tom Hiddleston too.

Meanwhile, this weekend's Comic Con in London has almost no big-name stars. Why are they sending Hiddleston all the way to Arizona and not to his domestic London Comic Con?

by Anonymousreply 344October 28, 2018 1:02 AM

*Tom Holland, that is, not Hollander (that's another actor)

by Anonymousreply 345October 28, 2018 1:03 AM

Why does he do those stupid Comic Cons? Those things are ridiculous.

by Anonymousreply 346October 28, 2018 1:15 AM

R346 Money? Promotion? He likes to be admired? No other job prospects? Travel? Socialising?

I think it will eventually pay off him well.

by Anonymousreply 347October 28, 2018 2:17 AM

R344 R345 The Ace Arizona has so far confirmed Hidds + David Tennant + Jessica Jones actress. You might be talking about another event.

Well see if he takes Laurence again there, or Luke.

by Anonymousreply 348October 28, 2018 2:23 AM

r345 I published an interview with Hollander above, he admitted to sleeping with men for roles, and only because they have top positions at the theatre and he had a boyish look that attractred them. Interesting actor, telling the truth.

by Anonymousreply 349October 28, 2018 3:22 AM

Here's the picture of Laurence Spellman in the car with Hiddleston after the Glamour Awards in 2012 where Tom was holding his Man of the Year Award.

Sorry, my mistake. I thought that Laurence was beardless at the time but I guess not. R341

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 350October 28, 2018 3:59 AM

So now you’ve moved on from pushing the “Tom fucked Branagh a decade before they met to launch his career” nonsense to pushing this other dude? At least this one could conceivably be true. But why the obsession? I noticed you’ve been posting all the same Tom/Spellman stuff on LSA today too.

by Anonymousreply 351October 28, 2018 11:56 AM

R346 Because he needs the cash. No one wants to give him an acting job so he's making money off of his desperate fanfraus.

by Anonymousreply 352October 28, 2018 12:40 PM

Hiddleston is from a filthy rich family, he doesn't need to work to pay the bills.

by Anonymousreply 353October 28, 2018 12:43 PM

The richest are so because they make big numbers, barely spend, and invest their money. You would be surprised to hear “poverty tales” from the richest.

by Anonymousreply 354October 28, 2018 1:03 PM

R353 Of course he needs to make money. The old money is on the mother's side. It and the titles drifted away from her a generation or two ago. The father is well off but probably isn't writing support cheques for his adult son. Having people pay to hug you is just slightly less embarrassing than asking your father for pocket money. He's doing conventions because he needs the money because there's no other reason for him to do them. Exposure is a side benefit but Hollywood producers aren't handing out roles based on how fast convention tickets sell.

by Anonymousreply 355October 28, 2018 1:35 PM

r355 he probably has a trust.

by Anonymousreply 356October 28, 2018 3:31 PM

ComicCon pays really well. Let him do that bc so far he doesn’t have other offers.

by Anonymousreply 357October 28, 2018 3:42 PM

Just stop. We're sick of your constant Hiddleston posts. You've tried to convince us he was gay. What do you expect us to do? Denigrate him for that? We don't care. It's a gay forum. We also don't care if he's straight or bi. We do care if you constantly try to make this into some type of venue for your own hatred of him. Go away and stay away.

by Anonymousreply 358October 28, 2018 3:57 PM

That car photo is photoshopped and not very well.

by Anonymousreply 359October 28, 2018 5:07 PM

His own father rose from working class Scotland. I doubt he wants to pay his bills. He should begin directing/writing/ presenting TV programmes? There must be something else he can do other than hugging and posing for pics for cash.

by Anonymousreply 360October 28, 2018 6:08 PM

"His own father" married into Vestey meat-packing money, so we can't assume what he will or won't pay for.

by Anonymousreply 361October 28, 2018 6:37 PM

R361 No. This is the whole point. He didn't marry into money. Whatever money trickled down to his wife from her distant Vestey relatives wasn't much. The father's money made for Tom's comfortable upbringing. You're as bad as the crazy gay obsessed fan but more of a thicko.

by Anonymousreply 362October 28, 2018 6:53 PM

His eyelashes are permed.

by Anonymousreply 363October 28, 2018 7:02 PM

^^^His dad or his incredibly wealthy mother paid for the perm.

by Anonymousreply 364October 28, 2018 7:11 PM

Now you're really making shit up. Give.It.Up and take your hostility and bad photoshopping skills back to whatever fangirl hole you crawled out of.

by Anonymousreply 365October 28, 2018 11:13 PM

Whatever his financial/jobs stats he will always be a Datalounge topic. One of the few “hot” british actors (wellknown enough) whose gayness been rumoured here since 2010 at least.

See older posts - yet no evidence just fluid celeb persona who poses with fans for a living.

by Anonymousreply 366October 28, 2018 11:55 PM

R365 The Vesley Baron and family have a combined fortune of more than 1.2billion pounds. The father had a good small CEO salary considering his working class roots. If he was the one to be left “to pay all the bills” that would be outrageous, but that could explain all his father difficulties understanding his career in Drama, and his eager to be accepted/ rewards/ the whole Taylor fiasco. Hopefully the father/family is not homophobic.

by Anonymousreply 367October 29, 2018 4:44 AM

R362 The Vesley Baron and family have a combined fortune of more than 1.2billion pounds. He married into money for sure. But it wouldnt be a shock if he was left to pay for his Eton, Cam and RADA. The problem is if one of the reasons why he doesnt come out, is the father and not the fandom. There are not that many actors in the closet nowadays is easier than ever before.

by Anonymousreply 368October 29, 2018 4:56 AM

where are the damn nudie pix mentioned here and on other sites???

by Anonymousreply 369October 29, 2018 10:10 AM

Yeah, I saw the posts you made on LSA earlier today about Tom relying on his “family money” for handouts bc his career is going so badly.

Honestly what do you hope to achieve by flooding every single forum you can find with this bilge, one minute raving about how he’s the most amazing talented wonderful person ever, the next that he’s an untalented whore who lives off his mummy?

by Anonymousreply 370October 29, 2018 5:43 PM

I'm not a huge fan of Hiddleston or Cumberbatch, but I do feel sorry that they attract these PSYCHO fraus. That has to be rough.

by Anonymousreply 371October 29, 2018 5:45 PM

Not here! Look at the title! This is just a debate about a news article presuming he is in low-key relationships ( an excuse to hide his gay appeal/past lovers?)

Also an excuse to conceal his Taylor fiasco ( a mix of high key love affair with promo for a fame addict) Likely bearding too

by Anonymousreply 372October 29, 2018 7:34 PM

I don't think he is closeted just bipolar. By all accounts he is a genuinely decent guy but his behaviour is erratic and downright crazy to put it mildly, I won't be surprised if he is in a clinical depression right now. Who wants to bet that he will commit suicide in the next couple of years? Well, physically that's it, socially he is already a goner. And his management is shit.

by Anonymousreply 373October 29, 2018 8:43 PM

Let's not create far-fetched theories.

If he were in "clinical depression", R373, he wouldn't be out partying in NYC at the Ralph Lauren event / Fall Fashion Week this September.

And it's highly unlikely that he's "asking his father for pocket money" and "support cheques", R355. He was reportedly in negotiations to buy Michael McIntyre's £4 million 6-bedroom mansion. According to reports, he pulled out of that real estate deal because McIntyre did not contractually agree to include furniture into the £4 million purchase price. Such deal dynamics suggest that, while Hiddleston is not super-rich (i.e. he frugally tried to negotiate for a cost-saving bargain), he is not hurting for money either because he has access to ca. £4 million (plus extra funds to cover Stamp Duty Land Tax) for a real estate acquisition / investment.

by Anonymousreply 374October 29, 2018 9:30 PM

Right you are, R348. I guess I was looking at the star guest list for previous ACE Comic Cons, which included Evans, Stan and Holland.

by Anonymousreply 375October 29, 2018 9:45 PM

Being murdered by r373 seems far more likely than suicide.

by Anonymousreply 376October 29, 2018 9:47 PM

[quote] I published an interview with Hollander above, he admitted to sleeping with men for roles

R349, I'm not sure Hollander meant that. In the interview he implied that he flirted, etc. for roles, but denied trading sex for roles: " "a lot of gay people seemed to have influential positions in the theatre.” he wrote. “So I went along with it, [bold]up to a point[/bold],” he explains, [...] “I wasn’t trying to suggest that I slept my way to the lower-middle, no.” "

by Anonymousreply 377October 29, 2018 9:54 PM

R374 Which is what I said. He's not living off of some trust from either his mother or father. But he's not making money from tv and movie gigs either. Hence the need to do some conventions.

by Anonymousreply 378October 29, 2018 11:13 PM

The authority with which this crazy poster speaks is flabbergasting. She has no clue what she's talking about and can't even make up her mind what she believes and is still trying to push her memes even though she's been outed as the author of many posts on this board, both condemning and praising Hiddleston. In addition to LSA and DL, she's also up to the same shit on Tumblr, with multiple screen names posting all of the above and worse. I suspect she's also the one who photoshopped (badly) a photo of herself with Hiddleston. She's got dozens of people telling her to get mental help and to stop posting this drivel. What will it take exactly for her to stop? What's the end game? Does she want him to kill himself? Does she want to kill him? Is she a physical danger to Hiddleston if she's ever in his same zip code? For all we know, this may be why he's making himself seldom seen and now traveling with bodyguards at public events.

by Anonymousreply 379October 29, 2018 11:28 PM

@R369, there are no photos. It's more of her insane lies being passed off for fact. See above, she creates multiple personalities to "talk" to herself and whole scenarios in her crazy head. Nude photos/pornos are just part of her rich fantasy life apparently.

by Anonymousreply 380October 29, 2018 11:31 PM

I can smell the foul odour of the Sam Heughan is Gay fraus all over this thread. Is Fraulein Hitler here too, the batshit PR Oracle?

by Anonymousreply 381October 29, 2018 11:34 PM

R378, I'm not sure there's a big financial need in his case.

How much did he make roughly from all the Thor movies? He doesn't appear to be a big spender (no publicity about him with new luxury cars, new houses, other bling-bling toys, obviously no expenditure on any family partner or kids' school fees, etc). It seems his main acquisition was a new pet. Based on his seemingly conservative spending habits, that Marvel money can last him quite a while.

As for conventions, how much can a guest actor make per 3-day weekend? 10k? 20k? Doubt that it's mega bucks.

by Anonymousreply 382October 29, 2018 11:41 PM

Tell me more about Fraulein Hitler? I enjoy batshit PR oracles! This thread is a bit of a mess. I have the gay obsessed on block and the he's rich and pretty much a royal family tree expert. I'm only seeing half of the posts.

by Anonymousreply 383October 29, 2018 11:43 PM

R382 I guess Marvel pays peanuts unless you're Robert Downey Jr. He didn't get rich off them. I think taxes on his fuck off would be the major cost in his life. That and agent/PR fees. All of this I got from another thread so who knows how accurate it is. Apparently the big names can make over $200,000 at a convention. It's crazy.

by Anonymousreply 384October 29, 2018 11:54 PM

Google it! There is an article that mentions the minimum the average actor makes is 200k. And RDJr once asked for 1.5m at the peak of the ComicCons. Some fans, not happy with visiting his area of London and attend his events, manage to pay $565 for the pass, autograph and photo. Those fans with different photos ( there was a mother and a child who took 3) must have paid a mini fortune.

BUt then the US has cash Europe and Brexit Britain wont have

by Anonymousreply 385October 30, 2018 12:05 AM

$565 for a stupid photo and a two-second meeting? Wow, these people are nuts. Jesus Christ Himself could come back down to Earth and I wouldn't pay that to see Him.

by Anonymousreply 386October 30, 2018 12:10 AM

[quote] BUt then the US has cash Europe and Brexit Britain wont have

What does Brexit have to do with any of this. AFAIK, no one spends any big sums on Comic Cons / autographs / photo ops across the EU either. There are plenty of big spenders in Europe - they just don’t waste their money on Comic Cons.

by Anonymousreply 387October 30, 2018 12:27 AM

There is no one on this Earth I would pay money to meet or take a picture. It all is do desperate, especially when you see pictures of grown women in costumes posing. If I was his PR, I would put a stop to it because he currently has an image issue and this does not help. Try for some endorsements.

Too bad he couldn't hustle like Hemsworth and get various studios to pay for endless flops.

by Anonymousreply 388October 30, 2018 12:46 AM

"$565 for a stupid photo and a two-second meeting? Wow, these people are nuts. "

Indeed they are. These conventions attract the weirdest of the weird, real loonies who will pay that kind of money for the privilege of a photo or an autograph. If I was an actor I wouldn't want anything to do with these strange people, but I guess big money can't be passed up. But if I was a successful actor, making good money doing films or tv, I would never want to go to these things and deal with all the weirdos.

by Anonymousreply 389October 30, 2018 12:53 AM

Even Cumberbatch attended at a similar US convention that same weekend. Not seen fan pics for cash, just gave a pannel talk Money is too tempting. These families have some aristocracy and name but, except the Vesleys, I think they need that money.

Hiddleston is weakest position, he nees the cash, it comes from women fans, and he cannot come out then. Trapped!

by Anonymousreply 390October 30, 2018 1:33 AM

[quote]Indeed they are. These conventions attract the weirdest of the weird, real loonies who will pay that kind of money for the privilege of a photo or an autograph.

I've seen photos of these frau fans getting their pictures taken with the actors, and I just feel embarrassed for the actors. These fraus all look like Jean Teasdale from the Onion.

by Anonymousreply 391October 30, 2018 2:05 AM

some just are teenagers on fancy dresses, sinilar to a Halloween party. Very American in a way. The shock is how much they manage to charge for it! That explains Hiddleston attending them all. It is too easy money to decline, even if it means only-hetero image.

by Anonymousreply 392October 30, 2018 2:18 AM

Hiddleston has a long history documented in video and photos of him peering down females cleavage. So is that something gay guys routinely do or is he just curious about their fashion choices?

by Anonymousreply 393October 30, 2018 3:19 AM

Someone should just make a poll thread with the question “Is Tom Hiddleston gay?” with the choices Yes or No.

by Anonymousreply 394October 30, 2018 3:35 AM

Perhaps I'm "thick" about Tom's financial background because I have other interests and don't spend every waking moment cyberstalking a weasel-faced English actor, twat at r362. I merely said that we don't know for sure what his dad might pay for, just as YOU don't know for sure but pull shit out of your ass to sound like you do.

by Anonymousreply 395October 30, 2018 4:20 AM

What do you think his asshole tastes like ?

by Anonymousreply 396October 30, 2018 4:22 AM

The Jean Teasdale reference maybe one of the most accurate things I ever read on DL. Perfect model of the type of fan he attracts in looks and behavior.

by Anonymousreply 397October 30, 2018 10:45 AM

I don't know what the female version of an incel would be called, but that's what these frau fans are. Sad, lonely, unattractive, never been touched by a man a day in their lives, etc.

by Anonymousreply 398October 30, 2018 12:24 PM

Tumblrinas R398.

by Anonymousreply 399October 30, 2018 12:49 PM

With his bad luck I won't be surprised if one of them stabs him at the next ComicCon

by Anonymousreply 400October 30, 2018 7:06 PM

R395. Let me apologise. I shouldn't have called you a thicko. You're actually retarded. My mistake. You said the father married into meat packing money. Well no he didn't, as I said. His wife isn't a meat-packing heiress. She isn't an heiress at all. As I understand she has money from her divorce and from her work but little to no Vestey money. I know this not because I pulled it out of my ass but because a former colleague retired to the same seaside town as his mother lives in and they are in the same social circle. They've gathered some crumbs about her situation. They had just moved there when Swift visited. My former workmate was in a shop when she stopped in, with one bodyguard inside and another waiting outside. She bought a jumper and shoes FYI.

by Anonymousreply 401October 30, 2018 7:53 PM

hahaha that was funny in a way. He doesnt have bad luck though. He drown his own career himself. He wanted the fame and the flow of good roles, simply by dating a famous professional beard. He signed that PR contract himself

Not bad luck, his one choice!

by Anonymousreply 402October 30, 2018 9:34 PM

I also think his fans care about him to a point. The day he comes out, they will halve and the day is completely ages, very few will be left

Somehow most posts here highlight the fans delusions and interest. When in fact they will swap fast at the next heartrob and forget about him in a sec.

Who remembers Rob Lowe, or Lorenzo Lamas today?

by Anonymousreply 403October 30, 2018 9:38 PM

What if the reason he joins those ACE comic cons and some events he attends is To avoid being completely forgotten?

What if most of fans forget about him the minute Loki is over in April next year. What if he is no longer invited to those Comic Cons? Fans might be ridiculous and those who go to his London area too. But they help keep him relevant.

Surely he might have noticed he is slowly fading away for good

by Anonymousreply 404October 30, 2018 9:44 PM

[quote] some just are teenagers on fancy dresses, sinilar to a Halloween party. Very American in a way ... It is too easy money to decline, even if it means only-hetero image.

R392 / R402 / R403 / R404, etc what is your first language? You don't seem to be a native English speaker. Not trying to offend, just curious.

by Anonymousreply 405October 30, 2018 9:58 PM

Interesting how some homophobes think they own the thruth

Still Attached to the idea of an Heterosexual Tom forever loved by his fans? At some point, even Paul Newman’ craziest fans and admirers vanished! ( and his bisexuality is now accepted and life is just fine)

by Anonymousreply 406October 30, 2018 10:46 PM

Sick of the Sam fraus from the hospice invading every thread and screaming about bearding and the closet.

by Anonymousreply 407October 31, 2018 12:16 AM

Also, how fast went from being everywhere only 2 years ago, displaying worldwide the most embarrasing and entertaining “love” affair ever, plus the GQ interview declaring his love, and that egocentric speech to irrelevant except some fans, and not that many.

by Anonymousreply 408October 31, 2018 1:36 AM

I really liked The Night Manager, and thought he was very good in that. There was talk of a sequel, but nothing seems to be moving.

by Anonymousreply 409October 31, 2018 1:46 AM

The Taylor shit bearding killed his image, he became a joke. He seemed kinda not there during the avengers promo.

by Anonymousreply 410October 31, 2018 1:52 AM

Last night he was interviewed at JW3 by Rosie Rourke in front of a large audience, mostly females of course. Some travelled from other countries, Rosie said. There ls a bad quality video in youtube.

by Anonymousreply 411October 31, 2018 3:04 AM

[quote] Also, how fast went from being everywhere ... to irrelevant except some fans, and not that many.

Again, R408, etc - where are you from? Not an English-speaking country I guess? Your sentence structure is very odd and inadvertently comical.

by Anonymousreply 412October 31, 2018 9:46 AM

R411, how do people find out about these events and talks in advance?

I would have never guessed that such an event would be held at JW3 (the Jewish Community Centre in London). Apparently they were discussing The Night Manager, which is a beautifully shot TV series that I like.

by Anonymousreply 413October 31, 2018 9:53 AM

Oh, just found the info. Apparently it was a widely promoted event. Even the UK chapter of the Harvard Club (U.S. Alumni) had tickets to that event. It's on Harvard's website.

How disappointing that I missed this. I would have actually loved to see Josie Rourke (Donmar's director) in person. I saw her production of "Coriolanus". It was very good.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 414October 31, 2018 10:33 AM

Any first hand storys of his notorious public toilet outings?

by Anonymousreply 415October 31, 2018 11:57 AM

It works for Joe Alwyn. Since he has started "dating" TS he gets contracts and offers. TH was born under an unlucky star.

by Anonymousreply 416October 31, 2018 7:00 PM

People keep assuming that it was solely a fake PR arrangement. However, that depends on what one defines as "fake". Swift is worth around $300+ million, give or take. Let that sink in - ballpark of $300+ MILLION. By comparison, Hiddleston would never make that kind of money by himself, even in his wildest dreams, even if he landed the Bond franchise. Even Daniel Craig and Sean Connery don't have that kind of money. Many males and females would date Swift, regardless of attraction. For a chance to get their hands on at least a slice of that jaw-dropping FORTUNE. With Swift, anyone would be set for life.

So Hiddleston's attraction was not necessarily "fake" - it was just more likely attraction to her mind-blowing fortune, industry power and PR clout. People often get genuinely thrilled about being around someone who's one of THE richest people in the industry. It would also explain why he behaved in such an obsequious, fawning manner. If you're around smn who's worth $300 million, most people start behaving like servile sycophants, to get in the good graces of that super-rich person.

by Anonymousreply 417October 31, 2018 7:29 PM

That's too far-fetched. This guy doesn't bother to buy new clothes for years. And according to DL he is ready to have a pay cut to get a role. I doubt he wanted money, to be a part of her clique for sure. He is so weird and self-contradictory. Just watched some of his interviews, he is an idiot but he is not vile. His PR image and his real self are so at odds with each other it gives me a headache. Truly, damaged people go into acting. He is far from perfect but he is not rotten enough to succeed in the industry. For his own sake I hope he will quit and sort himself out.

by Anonymousreply 418October 31, 2018 8:03 PM

[quote] I doubt he wanted money

Sure... that's why he mainly signed up for silly mega-bucks $$$ blockbusters, instead of indie intellectual movies and stage work. Almost everyone in Hollywood wants money or more money. The fact that he doesn't buy a new wardrobe doesn't mean that he doesn't want access to millions or a mansion.

[quote] He is so weird and self-contradictory. Just watched some of his interviews ... His PR image and his real self are so at odds with each other.

How is that "weird"? That basically describes 99.9% of Hollywood. Or does anyone naïvely believe that an actor's PR image = his real self? E.g. Jennifer Lawrence's re-vamped current PR image is that of a glamorous star (she miraculously became the face of the ultra-elegant House of Dior now). That is about as far from her real Kentucky self as can be. It's comical but that's standard Hollywood. Almost everybody pretends for the crowd.

by Anonymousreply 419October 31, 2018 9:29 PM

R248 - I thought he looked dishy in Crimson Peak (in fact, I'd have gotten up and left the theater were it not for his voice, elegance, and perfectly played aroma of down at heels aristocracy) and Kong and Night Manager. I think he's a decent actor and I will say he never phones it in. He was more than decent as Prince Hal and then Henry V in "The Hollow Crown" series. I loved him in Only Lovers Left Alive and I Saw the Light was a huge stretch and rather brave. He's well trained, and he can act, and he has a reputation for being willing to do anything a director wants to get a part right.

I don't think there's any human alive he will ever care about more than he cares about acting. He's obviously highly intelligent - no one gets a double first in Classics from Cambridge without some smarts upstairs, and it likely runs in his blood, as his father was allegedly a brilliant scientist attached to Oxford U. And he did go to Eton and I believe in his class there were a bunch of aristos.

But something definitely went wrong, somewhere. I agree with the poster upthread who mentioned he seemed emotionally stunted. His intellect and a definite degree of talent somehow prevented emotional growth.

I wonder how much his parent's bitter divorce played into it - he states he's dealt with it, but it was apparently quite ugly. The father is a self-made man of Scottish parentage, his mother is the one in the stud book with the aristo background, but both had money.

The Swift debacle was definitely a watershed of some sort. The narcissism and emotional stunting wouldn't go very far in establishing relationships of any kind, homo or hetero, so who knows what the problem is.

He's looking very professorial these days, and the thing is, he'd probably have been very happy as a Cambridge don, adored by pups of both genders. His mistake was chasing being a film star.

I hope he goes back to theater work - I think it's where he belongs, despite the good film performances he's turned in. God knows, he doesn't need the money.

He is a bit geeky looking, but he has gorgeous legs (he looked quite appetising in the nude scenes in the Jarmusch film), an allegedly prize cock, and 6'2" Eyes of Blue count for something, no?

by Anonymousreply 420October 31, 2018 10:44 PM

@R420: Not if your our resident Tom Hiddleston troll, no. Nothing he ever does will be ever good enough to make up for his "sin" of dating Taylor Swift. That's what she's apeshit about--and she's an English Language native, just faking after her exposure for repeatedly posting both pro/con re Hiddleston.

by Anonymousreply 421October 31, 2018 11:17 PM

Tell us more R415

by Anonymousreply 422October 31, 2018 11:49 PM

R422 - Any artist's work has to be judged apart from his or her personal flaws. Because otherwise - we'd have precious little art left to talk about.

by Anonymousreply 423November 1, 2018 12:14 AM

R422 there are no such stories about Hiddleston. Just more from our resident TH troll.

by Anonymousreply 424November 1, 2018 3:03 AM

The majority of these posts are from the tumblr stans. My God you people are so boring. I don't understand how certain celebrities can attract the most insane fans such as Hiddleston. Cumberbatch is another one.

by Anonymousreply 425November 1, 2018 3:04 AM

Though Tumblr was out of fashion years ago. Never got in. Nothing of interest, but then it is always “the tumblrs”. Whatever

by Anonymousreply 426November 1, 2018 3:52 AM

The only info that seems veridic are those blind items revealed. And it always calls him “closeted actor”. It began months before the first Thor was released. Has not changed. So he might have other emotional problems but that doesnt mean he is asexual.

Some posts above describe him very well. There is no emotional growth, either blocked by his work, or his studies o his preferences, or his parents divorce. Bit he has had time to recover.

by Anonymousreply 427November 1, 2018 3:58 AM

I think Tom is a very anxious person and too eager to please. I am glad he has stopped doing those silly impressions and dancing during press junkets in earlier times. I think he just wants to be taken more seriously and maybe lose some of his more psycho fans.

by Anonymousreply 428November 1, 2018 7:28 AM

His farts smell like the inside of a pumpkin

by Anonymousreply 429November 1, 2018 9:52 AM

he was on the short list for bond and thought havin a gf would help...….good god tho, ms swift? with her history of gay bf's ????

by Anonymousreply 430November 1, 2018 9:56 AM

R424 - new definition of "troll": anyone who disagrees with you on any topic or any person whatsoever.

I'll put it another way, you fucking moron, and drop the civility and see if your primary school brain can absorb the context: artists who are lousy people, liars, dissemblers, narcissists (I do believe I mentioned Hiddleston's emotional stuntedness and narcissism) - and still turn out decent work.

Stravinsky was a rabid anti-Semite - we haven't yet stopped discussing his music or striking off The Firebird, Petroushka, or The Rites of Spring from concert menus yet.

Sorry about finding him reasonably attractive and talented, despite the fact that he made a jackass of himself over TayTay.

By the way, did you ever see him as Henry V? No? Thought not. Bit beyond your intellectual level, eh?

by Anonymousreply 431November 1, 2018 1:46 PM

He once told Graham Norton at his programme that his first professional acting review read: He is too young, too RADA, and proyecting as much masculinity as Graham Norton.

by Anonymousreply 432November 1, 2018 6:53 PM

It's a show. People joke there (often in an idiotic fashion), they don't make confessions there.

by Anonymousreply 433November 1, 2018 8:09 PM

[Quote]He's looking very professorial these days, and the thing is, he'd probably have been very happy as a Cambridge don, adored by pups of both genders. His mistake was chasing being a film star.

This.

by Anonymousreply 434November 1, 2018 8:25 PM

Just to contribute to the side-item of Tom Hollander — my husband had sex with him when they were both in their 20s (my husband has no connections to the business). Hollander is a textbook example of an ambitious, closeted actor. Internalised homophobia? Self-hatred? Who knows. But Tom is most decidedly gay, and was always in the clubs and saunas.

by Anonymousreply 435November 1, 2018 10:08 PM

The easiest thing for Hiddleston to have done after Taylor Swift would have been to hook up with some Basic Becky toi prove he wasn't gay. He didn't do that. I don't know how the hysterical OP here keeps insisting otherwise. What more do you want from him exactly? A signed apology? If so, I hear he's doing a lot of these conventions and will sign anything for a price.

by Anonymousreply 436November 1, 2018 11:43 PM

Arizona ComicCon: Hiddleston VIP tickets (photo, autograph and entry) at $645 per head. I would never pay a penny ( I have acted on stage and rather be paid, thank you) unlike the women/men ( many Asian teens) who attend. I highly doubt they will pay that amount if he comes out, even as bi. M

by Anonymousreply 437November 2, 2018 12:30 AM

Really, R437?? Why is Hiddleston doing those conventions (regardless of the price)?

Really. I’m curious. Surely he can’t need the money? (Does he?)

by Anonymousreply 438November 2, 2018 1:45 AM

R438 - The fact that he could never work again and wouldn't starve and would still own that nice house in Belsize Park and be able to come home to Mama's estate in Aldeburgh (to which he is probably heir) doesn't mean that he doesn't want to work and get paid for it.

Don't go simples on us, you know perfectly well what I meant: like a great many other UK actors who land roles in franchises, those contracts make it possible to go home and get paid far less for theater work. Shit, do you think Daniel Craig made on Broadway in the revival of "Betrayal" what he made in even his first Bond film?!

That's what lots of them do: they make a fortune in a Marvel or DC comic film, then they go do indie films or live theater. Do you think Cumberbatch got paid for his Hamlet at the Barbican what he got paid for Dr. Strange? I'm sure he got paid top scale, but hardly what Marvel Studio or DC pays.

Hiddleston is a rich man now. Doesn't mean he plans to work for free. My point was that he doesn't have to work to keep food on the table, clothes on his back, or a roof over his head.

by Anonymousreply 439November 2, 2018 2:18 AM

I had gotten the impression in recent years that he (allegedly) wanted to distance himself from the Marvel “fan convention” type stuff.

He must like it in some way (I’m thinking now) because there are other ways you can “sell out” (make good $$$) as an actor. Commercials, voiceovers, ad campaigns?

The conventions are very specific and one on one; I’m guessing he doesn’t actually dislike these conventions as much as previously rumored...

by Anonymousreply 440November 2, 2018 2:29 AM

Here's a newsflash, r401- when you know something that other people don't, calling them names because they didn't know makes you look like the moldy cunt that you are. Why didn't you just reveal your source in the first place and make the correction in the spirit of good-natured bitchery, instead of demonstrating your lack of social skills and need to feel superior?

by Anonymousreply 441November 2, 2018 3:11 AM

Girls! Girls! You're BOTH tiresome cunts!

by Anonymousreply 442November 2, 2018 3:14 AM

Apologies, 410. I meant 401, who thinks she's entitled to act like a shithead because she met Closet Case's mum. You still don't know anything for sure, you're just repeating hearsay.

R441, stop acting butthurt and contribute something meaningful to the conversation.

by Anonymousreply 443November 2, 2018 3:22 AM

good god

why he doin them tacky autog conventions???

there must be a better way to regain the love of the public..

by Anonymousreply 444November 2, 2018 10:33 AM

Because he is an idiot. And his management is the epitome of awful.

by Anonymousreply 445November 2, 2018 8:53 PM

[quote] why he doin them tacky autog conventions???

Perhaps because he might still be contractually obliged to show face as part of the Avengers franchise. He’ll probably be part of some discussion panel and then do photos / autographs.

Sebastian Stan, Chris Evans, etc did panel discussions at the 2018 ACE Comic Con.

by Anonymousreply 446November 2, 2018 9:12 PM

R443: Butthurt did you say? And there's Toby/Victoria/Shaitana contributing in the Troll Jamboree (probably an upgrade from her usual Psych Ward and Baker Act holds though).

by Anonymousreply 447November 2, 2018 11:00 PM

I read over other posts in DL. There is a bully in each, sometimes discreetly, others in direct attack. That would deny the actors/celebs/singers are gay nor bi.

Interesting job.

by Anonymousreply 448November 3, 2018 12:04 AM

Bully job is calling names to discredict them to death. It will never accept any shadow of gayness/bisexuality/samegenderattraction Almost a full time job with Hiddleston

by Anonymousreply 449November 3, 2018 12:07 AM

^This reads like Haiku poetry.

by Anonymousreply 450November 3, 2018 12:51 AM

I think Hiddleston did the right thing keeping as low a profile as possible after the Swift debacle and I think it was deliberate. I think the turnabout from the star of KONG: SKULL ISLAND into the geeky looking guy with long hair in the back, big glasses, and a beard, is also an attempt to leave the man who tried on the Tay Tay PR strategy behind.

The poster upthread who mentioned that appearances at Comic Con are by all odds part of his contractual obligations to Marvel Studio is correct. Those appearances are part of promoting the THOR and AVENGERS series.

But I think he's fundamentally really an odd duck. I haven't a clue who he is sexually. I wonder if we'll find out for sure by the time he turns forty.

by Anonymousreply 451November 3, 2018 1:32 AM

Calling them out on their craziness and their habitual addiction to flooding websites with their own unique versions of reality is hardly bullying. And this is datalounge-it's meant to be bitchy.

by Anonymousreply 452November 3, 2018 2:48 AM

If he is not gay, but a bi who slept with men only for roles, then he is taken us all for a fool. There have been rumours all along here in DL, castmates, RADA students as early as 2010.

by Anonymousreply 453November 3, 2018 3:20 AM

I am not any of those people, R447. I'm just tired of the unnecessary nastiness and the crybabies on this thread.

Anyone have the scoop on whether the Loki TV show is any further along in the works?

by Anonymousreply 454November 3, 2018 5:14 AM

Can you find posts from these RADA students and castmates? Because I remember only those where it was said that Hiddleston was a loner with mood swings at RADA.

by Anonymousreply 455November 3, 2018 6:58 AM

They are no such posts that state anything like that. The earliest posts on DL about him simply said that he was straight but he dated women who were "below" or beneath him in attractiveness. Another said that it was hard to tell but he was straight although they said he could be one of those guys who figures out he's gay years later. That's it. The rest this infernal DL troll is pulling out their ass and figures that people are far too lazy to figure out the search function here to go look it up. Again, DL dismissed him very early on as straight and not nearly good looking enough to waste their time speculating on until this crazed troll popped up and keeps trying to beat a dead horse.

by Anonymousreply 456November 3, 2018 2:21 PM

R454 decries the nastiness after posting approximately 354 nasty posts on Hiddleston. The irony is rich with this one.

by Anonymousreply 457November 3, 2018 2:24 PM

Also, no one has commented on mood swings re Hiddleston either.

by Anonymousreply 458November 3, 2018 2:25 PM

True, talking about him is like going around in circles. Just as pointless. It baffles me that someone who is so bland can stir so much controversy.

by Anonymousreply 459November 3, 2018 3:09 PM

What are you talking about, r457? Do you not know how to pull up my posts with the ignore feature? Pretty sure you're one those trolls who accuses everyone else of being a troll to divert attention from yourself.

by Anonymousreply 460November 3, 2018 3:17 PM

First I've heard of his mood swing, too, and I've been reading the occasional threads on him for years. I do remember seeing a few posts from people who said that either they'd gone to RADA with him or knew people who'd gone to RADA with him or they worked in theatre, and from what I remember, they all said pretty much the same thing: very hard worker, thirsty as fuck, would probably do anything for a part, including the casting couch, but his actual sexuality was either straight or bi - the latter mostly depending on how much use the other party could be to him. He still looks like a clinical narcissist to me, which wouldn't make him much of an anomaly in show biz, and narcissists are often not that particular about who makes them feel adored for the moment. Really, WTF knows? Show me a post from a man or woman who slept with him who doesn't sound like someone writing fan fiction? Then we might have, as they say, scope and texture.

by Anonymousreply 461November 3, 2018 3:30 PM

He might not be a terribly sexual person, which would explain his lack of onscreen sexual chemistry with just about anybody.

I've often thought that being an asexual Hollywood actor would be as difficult or more difficult than being gay. You're still having to hide your sexuality, and the possibility of finding a partner who understands the need for emotional but not physical closeness would be next to nil.

by Anonymousreply 462November 3, 2018 6:05 PM

It's possible that he might be asexual or a prudish British person. Another famous asexual who was a great artist was Edward Gorey.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 463November 3, 2018 6:36 PM

Look at posts made in 2012-2014 before the fraus and freaks and flames descended upon Hiddleston & DL. No one said anything like what the serial posters is claiming. It's not that hard to use archives, you know. Observe too how the threads began over-the-top bashing after the Swift episode. Freaking lunatic fangirl who has lost her damn mind and thinks DL actually cares.

by Anonymousreply 464November 3, 2018 8:26 PM

I once read on DL in Feb 1981 that Tom Hiddleston was born wearing a floral crown and is actually a secret unicorn. Of course it's true. I cited what I remember reading from the DL archives by a friend of a friend of his mother's OB-GYN.

by Anonymousreply 465November 3, 2018 8:44 PM

Hiddleston's whole career is such a train wreck from the beginning to the end. And I don't think he is such good "friends" with Branagh, apart from Thor Branagh has never cast Tom in anything he films unlike Josh Gad or Tom Bateman.

by Anonymousreply 466November 4, 2018 12:05 PM

Is sex in toilets considered low key?

by Anonymousreply 467November 4, 2018 12:20 PM

Since you are an expert on the subject, please, feel free to enlighten us about your experience with toilets.

by Anonymousreply 468November 4, 2018 12:30 PM

Spoiler: Tom is NOT asexual and he will never marry you! Give it up tumblrinas!

by Anonymousreply 469November 4, 2018 1:06 PM

Theatre Gay here (can't remember which r and can't be arsed to look for it). I cleared cookies and couldn't post for a bit.

For whomever asked, I've never met Richard Armitage so no gossip there. I know a couple of people who've worked with Ralph Fiennes and they both said he's a total drama queen arsehole, and one person I know who worked on A&C said Sophie is a far better actor than him.

Going back to Tom, I don't know him personally, but his rep going back to drama school is extremely ambitious and extremely nice. He agreed to be in my mate's short film at the height of his Marvel fame (it ended up not happening because of schedule changes) which was not something which would really have benefited him. I'm not aware of any gay rumours in real life but in my personal experience most people working in theatre and certainly most actors are more or less bisexual. A percentage are Kinsey 6s but it's rare to find someone who hasn't at least experimented. So he's probably mostly straight, maybe bi. The tortured closeted fanfic by the resident troll is just bizarre.

by Anonymousreply 470November 4, 2018 3:18 PM

Oh and this has nothing to do with Tom but I finished a show a few weeks ago and discovered at the last night party that two of the cast, who I'd assumed were gay (including one person who's well-known and everyone assumes is gay because he "doesn't comment on his private life" and plays the pronoun game when talking about partners in interviews) were actually bisexual and had had relationships with women in the past. Though both are currently in ltrs with men, for what it's worth.

by Anonymousreply 471November 4, 2018 3:23 PM

Any info on Cumberbatch r470/71?

by Anonymousreply 472November 4, 2018 3:28 PM

Zero zero gay rumours for Benedict. But he is unfaithful

by Anonymousreply 473November 4, 2018 4:07 PM

All their fans would want are pics and some attention. Same as Tom Cruise in the past and even now. Marriage? I doubt any of tumbrls would stand the pressures of fame and snobbery.

by Anonymousreply 474November 4, 2018 4:21 PM

Ben's working on my best mate's film right now. Straight, boring, pretentious, obsessed with his kids, hates his crazy fans. Not heard any rumours about him cheating on his wife, and I take everything with a bucket of salt because his obsessed stalker fans who hate his wife and believe his kids are fake literally dedicate their entire lives to spreading lies about him and his marriage. They've stalked and harassed so many actors and journalists I know. I genuinely don't understand why he's not gone to the police about them yet.

by Anonymousreply 475November 4, 2018 4:49 PM

Ben's always been obsessed with kids. The cheating rumors were from his pre-Sherlock years, when he supposedly slept with many of his female castmates in plays. He was in a relationship with his college sweetheart, Olivia Poulet, who eventually got tired of his philandering and gave him the boot.

by Anonymousreply 476November 4, 2018 6:04 PM

R462: On screen chemistry has zero relationship with being a sexual person or not. There are actors who were fucking off screen with zero chemistry and people who hated each other with amazing chemistry

by Anonymousreply 477November 4, 2018 6:17 PM

I don't think I have ever watched his work, but he seems pretty harmless to me.

If other actors (who have done way worse than dating TS) have managed to get back on their feet, so can he.

by Anonymousreply 478November 4, 2018 6:26 PM

Btw, Benedict's wife was rumored to be one of the women he cheated on Olivia with. He's known Sophie for a long time.

It's not just "lack of chemistry" that I sense with Hiddleston, but more of a profound sexual awkwardness with women onscreen.

by Anonymousreply 479November 4, 2018 6:47 PM

Kevin Feige says MCU TV shows will be more like the comics than the movies.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 480November 4, 2018 6:55 PM

Theater poster, thanks for all that tea. None of it is particularly surprising. I sometimes wonder if both Hiddleston and Cumberbatch have a touch of Asperger's - they seem so clueless about certain basic interactions, and both cannot manage sexual chemistry onscreen. Some actors really can't "do sex" - Meryl Streep never could, either.

The Tumblr hysterics are still claiming Cumberbatch's wife is a criminal and the children were adopted or a surrogate used or photoshopped, or she's blackmailing him, and Oh Woe Where Has Our Dorkybatch Gone?! [he's like over 40 and they want their Dorkybatch back), etc., etc., etc. Frankly, Sophie Hunter looks to be the right wife for him - she knew she'd never get any further on her own, and he was as close to A-List as she'd ever get. She gives him the kids he wants, he gives her the A-List life, she looks like she can handle whatever it is he's dishing out. Poulet, I think, really wanted to keep trying as an actress and has since married herself.

Branagh actually cast Hiddleston first in the junior detective role in that dismal Swedish crime drama, I think that was well before THOR and TH still had a lot of hair. Magnus, I think was the D.I,'s name, So TH was on Branagh's radar before THOR.

by Anonymousreply 481November 4, 2018 7:08 PM

"I've often thought that being an asexual Hollywood actor would be as difficult or more difficult than being gay. You're still having to hide your sexuality, and the possibility of finding a partner who understands the need for emotional but not physical closeness would be next to nil."

There have always been gay rumors about Brent Spiner, who fittingly played a robot in "Star Trek:The Next Generation", but I always get the distinct impression that he's more of an asexual type. He's never any chemistry with females whatsoever, and when he has to kiss them it looks like he's not thrilled to do it. Supposedly he's had a long term relationship with a woman named Lori McBride who is supposed to be a producer (she has ONE credit as a producer); she's his wife or girlfriend, nobody seems to know for sure, and they have a son. But I can't imagine him having sex with a woman; he seems so uptight and controlled. It's hard to imagine him with a man, either. But maybe he's a very closeted gay and that's why he seems so closed off emotionally. Anyway, he's one of the most asexual actors out there, which is why his roles have tended to be eccentric weirdo types with no love interest. And of course he seems to have been born to play an emotionless android.

by Anonymousreply 482November 4, 2018 7:11 PM

Interesting, R482.

We need a thread about actors who can't generate sexual chemistry onscreen.

by Anonymousreply 483November 4, 2018 7:16 PM

[quote] TH was on Branagh's radar before THOR.

Well, of course he was. Both Branagh and Hiddleston appeared together on stage in Grandage's London production of Chekhov's classic play "Ivanov" back in 2008, a few years before "Thor" was filmed. Branagh played the lead (a depressed landowner). Hiddleston (very fittingly) played a nerdy, uptight rural doctor.

by Anonymousreply 484November 4, 2018 7:20 PM

Here he is in that play, exactly 10 years ago. He pretty much went full circle back to that exact professorial image.

I think it's high time he do another psychological Chekhov play on stage. Or maybe Ibsen.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 485November 4, 2018 7:23 PM

R483: But not being able to generate sexual chemistry and being asexual are two very different things.

I remember reading about how akward was Freedie Highmore in any kissing scene, but of course that doesn't mean he is asexual in real life. Most actor have problems to get comfortable in intimate scenes

by Anonymousreply 486November 4, 2018 7:35 PM

[quote]Branagh actually cast Hiddleston first in the junior detective role in that dismal Swedish crime drama, I think that was well before THOR and TH still had a lot of hair. Magnus, I think

You are correct. He was on a few episodes of Wallander. Branagh also cast him in a bit part for the movie Conspiracy, and of course in the Chekov play and Thor. There were rumors last year that they would work together again in a production of Hamlet, so they are still on good terms.

by Anonymousreply 487November 4, 2018 8:24 PM

The look in R485's picture seems to be his natural state. He should probably stick with it.

Tom would be an interesting Torvald Helmer: he could play him as a very condescending intellectual type.

by Anonymousreply 488November 4, 2018 8:36 PM

I wouldn't say all unsexy actors are asexual, but Tom seems incapable of generating heat on- OR off-screen. That travesty with Taylor Swift is a good example, and he hasn't had any really believable public relationships before or after.

by Anonymousreply 489November 4, 2018 8:38 PM

R489: Well, at least it didn't seem that they hated each other like Taylor and Harry

by Anonymousreply 490November 4, 2018 8:41 PM

Branagh didn't direct or produce either Wallander or Conspiracy or Chekov, I doubt he had anything to do with casting, that was not his job.

by Anonymousreply 491November 4, 2018 8:44 PM

No, Tom and Taylor didn't seem like they hated each other. They seemed like the prom queen and her nerdy pet.

by Anonymousreply 492November 4, 2018 8:46 PM

I didn't say he did, r491. I was responding to another poster who was trying to remember which show Magnus appeared on, and mentioned all their projects together to show that they have a history beyond just that one show. Pretty sure that Branagh has the clout to influence casting, or at least suggest strongly, so maybe he did get Hiddles some of those parts.

by Anonymousreply 493November 4, 2018 8:48 PM

Hiddles was letting Kenneth have HIS part, so it was only fair.

by Anonymousreply 494November 4, 2018 8:55 PM

The RADA insiders said that it was "known" there that Ken was Tom's "mentor". Also there is a dl thread from 2009 ( so pre Thor/mainstream fame) where the OP asks "Kenneth Branagh gay? Is he sleeping with Tom Hiddleston?". I linked the thread below.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 495November 4, 2018 9:03 PM

Hiddleston had already played at Donmar earlier that year in Othello (also Grandage's), and in Conspiracy he had less than a minute of screen-time, they didn't even have any scenes together, casting for Wallander was in spring, way before they met in person.

by Anonymousreply 496November 4, 2018 9:04 PM

In an old interview TH quoted Shakespeare to the ducks at some park.

by Anonymousreply 497November 4, 2018 9:12 PM

R493 - I think you're probably correct that Branagh as the "star" name in "Wallander" could have influenced casting strongly - he was a major star by then, and whether or not he and Hiddleston "met" in person, Branagh could still have had him in mind.

R496 - TH did Cassius in that production at the Donmar, yes? No one I know saw it, but I do have friends who saw him at the Donmar in Coriolanus (title role). They went expecting not terribly much from him compared to the rest of the cast and reported being pleasantly surprised.

by Anonymousreply 498November 4, 2018 9:18 PM

In the beginning of the following clip, Tom mentions that he auditioned for Branagh many times.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 499November 4, 2018 9:24 PM

Read the thread, there is no mention of any mentoring by any RADA insider, I think we have already established, those are ramblings of a crazy frau, it was announced that TH would play Loki in May 2009, so another crazy frau that sees gays everywhere and likes slash fanfic made a thread.

by Anonymousreply 500November 4, 2018 9:27 PM

Cassio (Cassius is from Julius Caesar), TH was good there, he won Laurence Olivier and Ian Charleson awards for that, and he was good in Coriolanus too, one can say about him anything (he annoys me too) but he is a good stage actor and he does have a way with Shakespeare's language, he makes it come alive.

by Anonymousreply 501November 4, 2018 9:43 PM

[quote] I do have friends who saw him at the Donmar in Coriolanus (title role)

R498, I saw him in that play (without even knowing who he was, I didn't see "Thor"). He was fantastic on stage. And I saw him in "Ivanov" about 5 years earlier. But at the time I had no idea it was even the same person. Which is probably a compliment to his acting skill. Because he was very believable as a moralising pedant from the countryside in "Ivanov" and, conversely, also very believable as a blood-drenched Roman warrior-general in "Coriolanus".

by Anonymousreply 502November 4, 2018 9:46 PM

[quote]Tom mentions that he auditioned for Branagh many times.

I bet he did, heh heh heh.

by Anonymousreply 503November 4, 2018 10:00 PM

Yes, Tom worked with Kenneth Branagh before Thor, but both Wallander and the play were years after Tom left drama school abc established his career.

For the 8th billionth time, Tom and Ken met for the first time when Tom was starring in Othello at the Donmar Warehouse, and Tom was in his late twenties at the time and already an Olivier winning actor.

It’s our friend the resident talks-to-self troll who is desperate to convince everyone that Tom was Ken’s boy-toy when Tom was a teenager (years before Tom really started acting professionally), that Ken got him into RADA (nope, they hadn’t met yet), that Ken directed his first play (nope), and that Ken directed his first film (his early films were directed by women). She’s posted this nonsense a thousand times both here and on numerous other forums and blogs, and refuses to stop no matter how many times people point out how easily debunked her lies are.

by Anonymousreply 504November 4, 2018 10:07 PM

I don't watch these shows. But Hiddleston is so neurotic in this one. I thought they discuss beforehand what the show will be about and what questions will be asked and what not. He is far more confident and relaxed when he is in character than when he is Tom.

by Anonymousreply 505November 4, 2018 10:17 PM

No one posted anything of the sort. I merely listed the projects they did together and speculated that Branagh may have had some influence. It's the firdt time I've posted about it and if I'm wrong, so what? How has that traumatized you? You already posted corrections,which seem accurate to me, but if other people don't agree with you, so what?

by Anonymousreply 506November 4, 2018 10:17 PM

If it was so easy to debunk the myths of Hiddleston gay, Branagh and him, casting couch, why +11 years of rumours in DL and many more in other posts and word-of-mouth.

Not so easy apparently.

by Anonymousreply 507November 4, 2018 10:21 PM

R505 That's why he brought his buddy, Branagh, there for support for his first interview with Graham Norton.

by Anonymousreply 508November 4, 2018 10:29 PM

He can't think fast on the spot, irrational, an overthinker, anxious, educated and well-read but not particularly bright, at the same time thoughtful and insightful if he has enough time to compose his thoughts, he could be a good writer if he had enough imagination, at the very least a good critical essayist, he should have gone an academic route or a teaching one, he is personable and nice.

by Anonymousreply 509November 4, 2018 10:35 PM

Sorry, but Branagh himself needs support, I saw him promoting Dunkirk, he was clearly out of his depth.

by Anonymousreply 510November 4, 2018 10:42 PM

It's our friend the resident Tom- is -straight -and- was -already -an-olivier-award-winning-actor-pre-fame-troll at R504 who is desperate to convince everyone that Tom wasn't Ken's boy-toy and already so well known by 2009 that the annoucement of him playing Loki in the first Thor movie (before the MCU was that popular) would inspire fan-girls to post gossip about him on DL. He's posted this nonsense a thousand times both here and on numerous other forums and blogs, and refuses to stop no matter how many times people point out how easily debunked his lies are.

by Anonymousreply 511November 4, 2018 10:46 PM

There is no word-of-mouth, just DL and slash writers.

by Anonymousreply 512November 4, 2018 10:47 PM

Marvel films were not (popular) but comics were, TH and CH were both discussed on forums, and fandom agreed that they would make good Thor and Loki.

by Anonymousreply 513November 4, 2018 10:53 PM

And still News/Earths/Yaoi Fangirl/Shaitana/Victoria hasn’t learned how to clear her cookies. We can SEE what posts are your via IP logging.

by Anonymousreply 514November 4, 2018 11:00 PM

Oldest DailyMail article about Hiddleston is mid-2011.

by Anonymousreply 515November 4, 2018 11:05 PM

I don't think anyone on DL thinks Tom is 100% straight, but anyone can go to Tom's Wikipedia or IMDB and see what theatre and film credits he had and what awards he'd won and been nominated for prior to meeting Kenneth Brannagh. Clearly they didn't know each other before or during Tom's time at RADA, and there are no rumours about that anywhere except DL.

For what it's worth Emma Thompson mentored me when I was first starting out (I've posted about this before) and I have no doubt that her marriage to him was real. I don't know Brannagh and always disliked him due to that, but afaik he's not gay.

by Anonymousreply 516November 4, 2018 11:05 PM

Tom was booking acting gigs while he was still a student at Cambridge. In fact, he signed with a London talent agent who saw him in a play at Cambridge and signed him on the spot. He didn't need Branagh to get into RADA and at that time, Branagh had no formal role with RADA as he does now. So another lie debunked.

by Anonymousreply 517November 4, 2018 11:30 PM

Branagh joined RADA in the late 70s as student and served as a mentor after he finished.

by Anonymousreply 518November 4, 2018 11:36 PM

Branagh nominated for a Golden Globe for his role at the 2001 TV Movie Conspiracy alongside a young Tom ( who played the phone operator aged 19 years old)

by Anonymousreply 519November 4, 2018 11:41 PM

A second Golden Globe nomination for TV series Wallabder ( Tom had a supporting role aged 27)

by Anonymousreply 520November 4, 2018 11:49 PM

Again Thor (2011) Branagh directed Tom aged 29. And 2018 Branagh has a voice role in Avengers IW according to IMDB.

by Anonymousreply 521November 4, 2018 11:57 PM

R517 - Hiddleston got the role of Stanley Kowalski in a Cambridge Drama run, and a talent agent was there, they often go to those things at those places. The scout (a woman, I believe, but don't quote me) went backstage and gave Hiddleston two pieces of advice: 1) get yourself an agent, and 2) audition for RADA. Hiddleston did both.

Hiddleston is well trained and talented. Is he Britain's next Laurence Olivier? No. Is he a decent actor? In my opinion, yes. He held his own as Prince Hal and then Henry V, as Coriolanus, and was willing to take risks with roles like Hank Williams in I Saw the Light.

by Anonymousreply 522November 5, 2018 1:17 AM

So by the logic of our persistent troll, Tom must have also have had a fling with Jeremy Irons considering they have been in at least two films together.

by Anonymousreply 523November 5, 2018 1:41 AM

The “troll” here. Found out who he was in mid 2016, at the peak of his “he come out by dating Swif”, did some research and found out about the Branagh myth. i also noticed that there were blind items calling him “closeted” and “deeply closeted” as back as 2010, same with DL mid 2008. Then a known jourbalist who still publishes for Vanity Fair Australia said on twitter that he was told by an Indywife journalist that Tom was gay. I personally think he is gay, but thiught he was bi until I watched Ragnarok.

by Anonymousreply 524November 5, 2018 1:52 AM

[quote] thiught he was bi until I watched Ragnarok.

What happened in Ragnarok?

by Anonymousreply 525November 5, 2018 2:03 AM

He got fucked in the ass, Rose.

by Anonymousreply 526November 5, 2018 2:14 AM

45. ENTERTAINMENT LAWYER 07/24 **#2** I’m a little surprised this B+ list mostly movie actress from an acting family agreed to do it. By it, I mean participate in a fake relationship. She must be really good friends with the actor or think she needs a relationship to move to that A list level. Her B list foreign born mostly movie actor "boyfriend" has been with more men than Lindsay Lohan. Elizabeth Olsen/Tom Hiddleston

by Anonymousreply 527November 5, 2018 2:28 AM

We know that you’re a troll because Datalounge has IP logging and we can see all the hundreds of posts you’ve made, talking to yourself, arguing with yourself, pretending to be various people, claiming to be a native Londoner in some posts, claiming to be foreign in others, using deliberate broken English in some posts to pretend to not be you, worshipping Tom in some posts and attacking him in others.

Honestly why are you still here? Every time you post we can see that it’s you and see all of your previous posts. Just bizarre behaviour that you won’t leave after your insanity and sockpuppeting has been so exposed.

by Anonymousreply 528November 5, 2018 2:36 AM

R527--Did you miss the part where we discussed how ENTY will post any tip from anyone? No fact-checking needed. And had you missed prior posts where he portrayed Hiddleston as a two-timing womanizer on the very same site you're posting as factual and evidence from some weird obsession you have with proving Hiddleston is gay? The thing is, it says right on the tin that ENTY is made-up. Furthermore, we've watched the site descend into absurdity now pushing mindless QAnon posts and his pro-MAGA stance. Sorry, but no one is dumb enough to believe ANYTHING on that site anymore. So in the words of Ariana Grande--Thank You....Next.

by Anonymousreply 529November 5, 2018 3:00 AM

These fraus are crazy, it's probably them who blew up the shit with that t-shirt on twitter, with such fans Hiddles doesn't need any enemies. Well, he is his worst enemy anyway. And his team fucked up royally cooking up that nonsense, he might have agreed to it but I doubt it was his idea. These people get paid well to think for an actor and come up with their strategy.

by Anonymousreply 530November 5, 2018 5:12 AM

Ok we get it posters can see which posts were made by the same IP-adress, you've mentionend it already 7 times in this thread.

by Anonymousreply 531November 5, 2018 10:19 AM

Well the troll/sockpuppet doesn’t seem to get it...

by Anonymousreply 532November 5, 2018 10:54 AM

Our resident troll has taken her BS back over to LSA and the ladies over there ain't having it and are calling her a homophobic pos saying that real fans don't care if you're gay or straight. Does my heart good.

by Anonymousreply 533November 5, 2018 6:25 PM

She's also shit-kicked another older thread up since she was getting her ass handed to her in this one. Good on those bitches at LSA! Carry on ladies, carry on.

by Anonymousreply 534November 5, 2018 8:02 PM

[quote]What happened in Ragnarok?

Jeff Goldblum's salacious wink for starters, followed by innuendos at Comic Con.

by Anonymousreply 535November 6, 2018 1:24 AM

I'm telling you now, these Loki freaks are the worse of all the fangirls.

by Anonymousreply 536November 6, 2018 2:11 AM

Actually Tom played Mitch in the Streetcar Named Desire production in college not Stanley.

He was graduating RADA the year I did a summer course there. I knew his ex-girlfriend who was very nice and said he was too. She also described him as "very British" whatever that means. (I"m American.)

He was clearly one of their "star" students. He had the lead in the graduation play. I spoke to him a bit and he seemed very nice. His star rose pretty quickly thru the British theater and then into films.

by Anonymousreply 537November 6, 2018 4:03 AM

R537 - Odd, I found one photo some time ago of Hiddleston in the production and he was quite clearly in costume for Stanley. It was also quite obviously the famous scene in the play where Stanley in his bathrobe assaults Blanche. I'll see if I can locate the photo. Mitch isn't much of a part unless you are a fantastic actor; I find it somewhat less than feasible that a young Hiddleston would have made so much of an impression in this part that a talent scout would have hurried backstage to tell him to get his arse off to RADA ASAP.

Again, I'll see if I can locate the photo - because I know I saw it and it sure as hell was Hiddleston and it sure as hell wasn't Mitch in that showy bathrobe.

Is it possible roles were traded off on different nights, as they sometimes do in these productions?

by Anonymousreply 538November 6, 2018 2:53 PM

^BTW, and further to my post, I saw "Beautiful Boy" this weekend and the young Timothy Chalumet reminded me somewhat of a young Hiddleston. In searching for the photo I mentioned in my post, looking at images of a very young Hiddleston, my impression was further confirmed.

R538

by Anonymousreply 539November 6, 2018 2:57 PM

Link to photo of Hiddleston in undershirt screaming, "Stelllllaaaaaaaaaaaa!"

https www google com searchq tom hiddleston streetcar named desire&tbm

by Anonymousreply 540November 6, 2018 3:05 PM

Here's a photo from that college production of Streetcar. He seems in 'costume' (buttoned-up blue shirt) and imitating the clumsy / corpulent posture of Mitch.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 541November 6, 2018 3:56 PM

R540, no, that photo is of Hiddleston reciting a different Williams play called "The Kingdom of Earth" on the stage of London's Criterion Theatre in 2012. He has a book in his hands - he was reading and partially playing out the short story version of the play from that script book in front of the theatre's audience.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 542November 6, 2018 4:10 PM

Here's the audio of that story reading:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 543November 6, 2018 4:14 PM

Well, in that case someone should inform the people who put streetcar named desire under the photo. I'll agree that that's Mitch he's playing, R541. Now, I wonder where I saw that photo of him in the bathrobe grasping the hapless Blanche. I'll go back to the search.

R540

by Anonymousreply 544November 6, 2018 4:18 PM

[quote] Timothy Chalumet

Oh, mon Dieu! Qui est "Timothy Chalumet", mon cher R539? Sacré blue! Omelette du fromage!

by Anonymousreply 545November 6, 2018 4:27 PM

*bleu

by Anonymousreply 546November 6, 2018 4:29 PM

Ah ha - this is the photo for which I was searching. Now it is possible this is NOT SND but it sure as hell looked like it to me. Apologies if I made an assumption strictly on viewing, but at least I know the photo exists and I was not suffering from hallucinations.

https www pinterest co uk pin 176484879124980002

R540

by Anonymousreply 547November 6, 2018 4:37 PM

R545 - Je suis désolé.

R539

by Anonymousreply 548November 6, 2018 4:40 PM

To the Theatre Guy, do you have some info about Douglas Booth? Thanks for sharing.

by Anonymousreply 549November 6, 2018 4:41 PM

R547, that photo is of Hiddleston starring as Alsemoro in "The Changeling" at London's Barbican theatre in 2006. It wasn't a college play, it was a professional production by Declan Donnellan.

His co-star in that scene is Olivia Williams. I recognised her face in that photo immediately. She's a rather famous English actress who played in Jane Austen-type period dramas and US films like "The Postman" with Kevin Costner, "The Sixth Sense" with Bruce Willis, Wes Anderson's "Rushmore" with Bill Murray", etc and many British films like "Anna Karenina" with Jude Law and Keira Knightley.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 550November 6, 2018 5:29 PM

*Alsemero, that is.

Here's another photo from that production. Notice Olivia Williams is wearing the same white silk-type dress as above in this different scene. So, nay, it wasn't "A Streetcar Named Desire".

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 551November 6, 2018 5:35 PM

R550 - I'm obliged to you for the clarification. But you can see why a glance at the photo, remembering he first came to someone's attention in ASND, would have registered as it did. The perils of quick reading!

I'm actually more impressed that he got the attention as Mitch, which is something of a thankless part.

by Anonymousreply 552November 6, 2018 5:35 PM

Enough with the stage photos and back to the gossip please!

by Anonymousreply 553November 6, 2018 5:51 PM

R553 - Ah, well, that's the problem: in terms of the subject of this thread . . . there isn't sufficient materiel for a final decision.

R552

by Anonymousreply 554November 6, 2018 5:56 PM

Tom Hiddleston will be joining Tokyo Comic Con for 3 days.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 555November 8, 2018 4:05 AM

^^^Ticket price of Tom Hiddleston is 28,000 yen for each photo or signing. Only 2 tickets per session can be purchased.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 556November 8, 2018 9:12 PM

I just read that he's doing the Loki series, so he may keep his career alive a while yet.

by Anonymousreply 557November 8, 2018 10:39 PM

The Marvel actors must be getting paid boku bucks for them to agree to appear at these conventions and do meet and greets with the biggest freak of nature on earth.

by Anonymousreply 558November 8, 2018 11:43 PM

All he's done is capeshit for the last 3 years. Not the best career.

by Anonymousreply 559November 8, 2018 11:52 PM

Isn't he concerned about being typecast if he already isn't? If he had other movies or shows, I would say do it, because there would be some variety. But at the same time, if he is no getting any other offers then at least get paid for something you can do in your sleep.

by Anonymousreply 560November 9, 2018 12:52 AM

Never even nominated. Why bother discussing?

by Anonymousreply 561November 9, 2018 1:29 AM

Worth discussing because he is quietly the queerest Marvel actor- other than Jeremy Renner

by Anonymousreply 562November 9, 2018 1:58 PM

Today Disney boss confirmed Tom will be Loki for the upcoming streaming service. Burying himself in the closet. Disney and fans wouldnt cope with gay/bisexual with male preference. Tumblrs fans said it is ok, but how can you tell the ones who attend those comic cons in wedding dresses?

by Anonymousreply 563November 9, 2018 2:04 PM

R559 - Not true. He's done "I Saw the Light" within the last three years, a six-week run as "Hamlet", and "The Night Manager". He got excellent reviews for all.

You may like him or not like him, but he has not done just Loki in the last three years.

by Anonymousreply 564November 9, 2018 2:10 PM

I can't believe it can't be somewhat humiliating for actors like Hiddleston and Cumberbatch. They've received the finest dramatic training Britain has to offer, they've played Shakespeare and other classics, and then they go to these cons IN CHARACTER and have to get their pictures taken with the biggest incel/Tumblerina pieces of human shit on earth. Could you even imagine Laurence Olivier or Richard Burton having to do this embarrassing shit in order to stay relevant? It's so sad.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 565November 9, 2018 4:29 PM

? R562

by Anonymousreply 566November 9, 2018 5:06 PM

R565

Everyone has their price.

by Anonymousreply 567November 9, 2018 5:13 PM

R564, please take your lying slobbering stan ass back to Tumblr or Twitter. I meant what I wrote. I Saw the light premier in 2015, which means it was filmed in 2014. He only did THREE weeks of Hamlet and The Night Manager came out in early 2016. He has not been cast in anything new/substantive since 2015 and it is almost 2019. He ain't DDL.

I don't hate the man. but silly ass fans like you are part of the reason his career is stalled into playing Loki for the millionth time. Cumberbatch had the good sense to give his crazies the middle finger after he got what he wanted.

by Anonymousreply 568November 9, 2018 6:55 PM

R568 Just block. It makes for a better thread.

by Anonymousreply 569November 9, 2018 7:47 PM

I didn't mean to be so harsh, but his fans are so annoyingly delusional. Even other second tier characters like Bucky, The Falcon and The Scarlett Witch are slated to get their own shows, but have actors that do other tv shows and movies outside of Marvel. Only ridiculous stans think getting typecast into playing a comicbook character they whack off to is cool.

by Anonymousreply 570November 9, 2018 8:26 PM

It's not the coolest choice, but it may be the only choice he has right now if he wants to rebuild his fanbase and have a shot at a decent career later on.

I'd feel sorry for Tom for having to eat so much shit to stay relevant, but he seems like SUCH a sub he's probably getting off on the humiliation.

by Anonymousreply 571November 9, 2018 10:00 PM

This is the first time that he has posted anything on social media in over a year.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 572November 10, 2018 12:24 AM

He went dark for a while to give his fans time to miss him, then came back with a major project. Yeah it's another Loki project but it's going to be given a major push by Disney on its new streaming channel.

Not the worst strategy I've seen.

by Anonymousreply 573November 10, 2018 12:57 AM

R464 - Man you really got your panties in a knot, haven't you? So it was four years, not three,. and 2016 was two years ago. Last time I checked two years was less than three years.

If you hate the fucker so much, just say so and have done with it. Having a modicum of respect for some of his work doesn't make one eligible for a lifetime pass to Comic Con or Tumblr.

The fact is, he's done decent work but his career has stalled and he's got some personality issues. At no time have I ever argued that.

Get a fucking grip and stop getting hysterical about a post that doesn't do much except point out he had had some decent work in the last few years.

Liking his work doesn't qualify me for Stanhood, but the excess of your reaction certainly qualifies you for something.

Believe me - I am not Tom Hiddleston's problem.

Christ, anyone would think I'd just offered to pay to build him a statue in the town square.

R564

R568

by Anonymousreply 574November 10, 2018 1:50 AM

^My post above was meant for R568, not meant to look as if signed by him. Apologies to R464.

Annoyance is bad for typing.

As for the poster upthread who mentioned Burton - shit, he did the VIPs, didn't he? Seems equivalent in quality to THOR: The Dark World. And far inferior to THOR: Ragnarok, which was at least actually funny.

Taylor did for Burton's career what Swift did for Hiddleston's.

by Anonymousreply 575November 10, 2018 1:55 AM

Like i said, r575, stupid slobbering fangirl, can you comprehend that that he has not been cast in anything new or substantive since 2015, almost 4 years ago? Obviously not because you resorted to lying. What new project outside of Loki was he cast in since 2015?

This is what I mean by his dumb fans that make him sound like an infant. No wonder his career is stalled in Marvel land. Swift didn't force him to make a fool of himself with her or do all that dancing bear nonsense he has always done that made everyone outside his fangirls cringe. Is she a studio executive, casting agent, producer or director? Stop trying to blame her for his lack of options.

by Anonymousreply 576November 10, 2018 6:05 AM

Hiddleston is jet-setting / flying around the world. From dynamic New York City (Ralph Lauren fashion show) to lovely London to beautiful Arizona to futuristic, exotic Tokyo.

He's fine. He's sending everyone his warmest regards.

by Anonymousreply 577November 10, 2018 10:58 AM

R577 Tom is that you? The air miles must be nice but at the end of each of those jet-sets is a PR appearance or fan convention where nutters pay to hug you. Are you fine? I patiently await your reply.

by Anonymousreply 578November 10, 2018 1:36 PM

R576 - look you stupid rude cunt - I never suggested that someone forced him into a PR relationship with Swift; no one forced Burton to fuck and marry Liz Taylor , either. But the impact on both men's substantive career wasn't good. Why do you keep reading six tonnes of meaning into simple statements?

The relationship with Swift was a stupid move - does that leave enough room for your exacting standards of accuracy?

Jesus - Hamlet is a substantial role. It was last year. All right, it was only three weeks.

No one is fucking arguing with you that his career is stalled and that he made some bad decisions, including agreeing to the bloody PR stunt with Swift.

He's a decent actor. I've never seen him phone it in. He's got some goods to deliver, but his mistake was thinking he also had the makings of a film star, and that he could do both. He can't. He's not the type.

How the fuck does this qualify me as a mindless stan?!

by Anonymousreply 579November 10, 2018 2:37 PM

I'm fine, thank you for asking, R578. Seriously, I'm fine!

I live for my lovely fans...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 580November 10, 2018 3:03 PM

I do not understand why you all are so testy. Maybe he doesn't want to be an actor any more, maybe he has given up. Perhaps he is indeed blacklisted. Can he sue his management for the poor piss job they have been doing so far? Anyway let the man make a buck and retire. And if he is really a narcissist as someone mentioned above then he does genuinely enjoy interaction with fans.

by Anonymousreply 581November 10, 2018 6:10 PM

R580 So happy to hear this Tom. See you at the next convention. Here's a peek at what I'll be wearing.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 582November 10, 2018 6:42 PM

I notice how lately that he has been involved with hosting duties such as at the BAFTA Breakthrough Brits x Burberry Reception on November 7, 2018 in London, England.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 583November 10, 2018 6:57 PM

I love when I wind up pathetic angry stans like r579! You are right. No one cared about a three week charity gig. But apparently he can't even get any long term theater work, indies or TV shows unless he is putting on a greasy black wig. However, he is the only decent, hard working actor. Dime dozen.

Bullshit on the Taylor Burton comparison. Burton was a highly celebrated actor out of Hiddleston's league when he wasn't doing dreck. Furthermore, guys were envious of Burton getting Taylor at the height of her stardom. No man has ever fantasized about fucking Swift. Burton was never a dancing bear or gave silly, desperate fangirls piggy back rides.

by Anonymousreply 584November 10, 2018 6:59 PM

R584 Thanks for reminding me about the piggy back rides! I paid $200 so I'm getting one.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 585November 10, 2018 7:08 PM

Can one ban this psycho fan girl frau? She is annoying.

by Anonymousreply 586November 10, 2018 7:09 PM

I can't believe this thread is more than 20 posts long. Who gives a shit about Tom Homelyston?

by Anonymousreply 587November 10, 2018 7:12 PM

Asian fans love Loki ♥

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 588November 10, 2018 7:16 PM

Crazy cunts

by Anonymousreply 589November 10, 2018 7:19 PM

Are there any guys here?

by Anonymousreply 590November 10, 2018 7:19 PM

I doubt

by Anonymousreply 591November 10, 2018 7:23 PM

Ok, so only LSA girls here then? Apart from the guy who works in theatre.

by Anonymousreply 592November 10, 2018 8:06 PM

Nay, those are on their own forum. And here there are only crazy tumblrinas.

by Anonymousreply 593November 10, 2018 8:09 PM

DATALOUNGE is about gay politics, gay. This post should be endless. Problem is LSA and Tumblrs would kill anyone that suggests he is gay in real life. But they love his bisexual acting in fiction. That explains why many fraus come here: To defend his honour.

by Anonymousreply 594November 10, 2018 8:18 PM

HOMOSEXUAL acts are still banned or punish in many places in the world. In others, it is still an insult. That is why they are here and attack every post and blind that evidences he is gay. It kills the dream they can HOOK up with him. MANY think they can, there are many stories of quick hookups, almost as many as gay stories

by Anonymousreply 595November 10, 2018 8:40 PM

Whatever his sexuality, Tom isn't going to fuck any of the Tumblrinas. If they pay $200 he will hug them, which is its own species of fucked up, but he won't fuck them.

by Anonymousreply 596November 10, 2018 9:37 PM

Does Tom hate his fans?

by Anonymousreply 597November 10, 2018 9:41 PM

Given how many of them turned on him after the Swift debacle, I doubt he truly likes or trusts them very much at this point. Whatever his faults, the guy ain't stupid.

by Anonymousreply 598November 10, 2018 9:53 PM

I read stories of quick hook ups with fans, in which he has sex and then acts as if nothing had happened. One story about him fucking one model fan, and watching porn in between. Another a black fan he picked with his car and another Asian fan in a hotel. There are stories that woek for almost every fan, so they all keept their blind faith (like the lottery). That is why a GAY Tom or even the suggestion he is not into women/girls is the worst nightmare.

by Anonymousreply 599November 10, 2018 10:00 PM

The hooking up with a black model and watching porn in between story was about Fassbender.

by Anonymousreply 600November 10, 2018 10:02 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!