Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Magnificent Midwestern Towns 2018 Part 4: Welcome to Company!

We've turned the Reardon Boarding House into Company! But Kelly Nelson and Phillip Spaulding can always stay here if they need to. Clothing optional, of course. Thank heavens it's Speedo season!

We don't have much of a pool, though. You'll have to go to Laurel Falls, or an hour or so down the road to Luthers Corners and the Snyder pond. Or if you're feeling like a long weekend trip, go up to Bay City. Theresa Lamonte does a great cabaret there!

Drinks on the house! For everyone except Ed Bauer, of course. He doesn't handle his liquor or his wives too well.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 600November 21, 2018 3:53 PM

Please use existing thread (attached at OP) until it's full - thanks!

by Anonymousreply 1July 14, 2018 1:32 PM

Nicely done, OP.

by Anonymousreply 2July 14, 2018 1:33 PM

You could SO tell Derwin was banging Beth Ehlers here.

Damn, what a sexy man.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3July 17, 2018 1:44 AM

Part 4

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4July 17, 2018 1:44 AM

And the final part

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5July 17, 2018 1:45 AM

Mo Garrett always had pussy breath.

by Anonymousreply 6July 17, 2018 7:58 AM

Can it really be nineteen years next week since the end of AW?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7July 18, 2018 2:30 AM

quote]Can it really be nineteen years next week since the end of AW?

Next week? I think you're confused about the date. The final episode of AW aired on June 25, 1999.

The 19th anniversary was last month.

by Anonymousreply 8July 18, 2018 5:15 AM

R8 Oopsie. You're right.

I blame Cecile!

by Anonymousreply 9July 18, 2018 2:45 PM

I want this to be my profile photo everywhere!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10July 20, 2018 2:14 AM

Happy birthday Helen Gallagher aka Maeve Ryan!

Bitch is NINETY TWO today!

by Anonymousreply 11July 20, 2018 3:08 AM

Oh Danny Boy... The pipes the pipes are hmmm hmm hmm....

And hmm hmm hmm.... la la la la la la.

by Anonymousreply 12July 20, 2018 10:35 AM

When I was a kid I always wanted to be a part of the Ryan family.

A large boisterous family argued but were fiercely loyal to each other & had 2 loving parents

by Anonymousreply 13July 20, 2018 12:54 PM

That’s nice, R13

I wanted either Phillip Spaulding or Seth Snyder as a big brother; someone to slip me 20 bucks now and then and to fend off bullies

Given that the Snyders were dirt poor Phillip remains a top choice.

by Anonymousreply 14July 20, 2018 1:18 PM

I wanted those things too, R14.

Of course, I would have also loved it if Phillip or Seth came to me when they had girlfriend trouble....and we ended up having some "just between brothers" bonding time.

by Anonymousreply 15July 20, 2018 2:43 PM

I wanted to 13th step Andy Dixon.

by Anonymousreply 16July 20, 2018 2:47 PM

I wish I would have been caught trespassing at the Synder farm barn, and then passed around between Seth, Caleb, and Holden.

by Anonymousreply 17July 20, 2018 2:50 PM

But only Michael Morrison's Caleb, in my case (not r17).

by Anonymousreply 18July 20, 2018 2:53 PM

Michael was pretty, for sure.

I wouldn't have minded if Jack and Brad joined in, or if Kirk Anderson unzipped his suit pants.......

by Anonymousreply 19July 20, 2018 2:54 PM

Quite possibly the greatest episode of Marland's ATWT. By this point, he had completely re-centered the show on Kim & Bob and their family by bringing back Chris and Nancy, recasting Frannie with the sublime Julianne Moore (seriously!) and making her the central heroine, giving meaty story to Tom and Margo and new Bitch Barbara, and giving Bob & Kim another child on the way.

And the whole week was full of nods to history. Dee had significant moments with Tom, Brian, and John. Original star Penny returned. Don announced Mary was pregnant. Grant Colman arrived (sans shades). And Susan Stewart and Rick Ryan visited.

But those last two visits were not just for fun. Susan's return was a set-up for Emily's arrival and James' surprise resurrection. Rick was to be central to the next main Hughes story, the discovery of Sabrina.

Such good stuff!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20July 20, 2018 3:49 PM

R20 That was definitely when all the puzzle pieces Marland had started moving around really gelled. It was so amazing to watch a soap when it just got into that groove where it started to just FLY.

That was one such time. Watching GL in 1991 after a few months of Nancy Curlee's team moving pieces around starting to click....that was another.

Although this was Chris and Nancy's episode the genius is that he was able to recap where the show had been....and where it was going....in one episode.

by Anonymousreply 21July 20, 2018 5:45 PM

Helen Gallagher as.....a sexpot?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22July 20, 2018 8:36 PM

It really pisses me off that NYT hasn't published an obit for Harding Lemay.

In fact, no major press outlets have.

by Anonymousreply 23July 20, 2018 9:34 PM

Write them and complain, r23. It may be that the millennials running the NYT obit desk don't know who he is.

by Anonymousreply 24July 20, 2018 11:15 PM

R24 I have.

I sent them a long ass letter explaining why it was culturally relevant.

Thing is, I think there's a question about proving his death! The Legacy.com posting had no funeral home as a source.

by Anonymousreply 25July 20, 2018 11:38 PM

Glad you contacted the NYT r25. That's a good point about the Legacy.com posting being skimpy. As a newspaper, NYT has got to verify the info.

Weird that no one from his family would contact the press. Lemay had two kids of his own, plus however many grandkids. Also he was one of something like 13 kids. So, he would have lots of nieces and nephews. The point is, there are many people who could, and should, legitimately contact the press about his death.

And let's face it, the man deserves a decent obit. And yes, the NYT does obits of people connected to soaps. Don'f forget, the NYT once wrote an obit for the real life actress a Lewis, but got details of her life mixed up with details about the fictional character of a Lewis on OLTL.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26July 21, 2018 3:38 AM

I thought LeMay's wife was still living. Wouldn't she have placed an obit?

by Anonymousreply 27July 21, 2018 3:00 PM

Lemay has a widow, but I don't know much about her.

I sent them an email and also included a lot of info - when they've printed stuff about him before, links to Douglass and Bev's obits, and a few names I suggested they speak to about Lemay. Including Victoria Wyndham.

I do know that Lemay was, even from what he suggests in his book epilogue, estranged from one or both of his children. I also know that most newspapers will not print an obit unless the funeral home sends them a certification of death form. (It's a long story why I know this, which I may or may not share someday.) And I saw no associated funeral home in the Legacy.com write-up, so that may be the hold up.

Yes, it's me at R23 and R25 too, all of which I should have signed.....

by Anonymousreply 28July 21, 2018 10:43 PM

WE overlooked an important anniversary. 46 years ago -- on July 21, 1972 -- Victoria Wyndham began playing Rachel.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29July 22, 2018 11:29 AM

My eyes are bugging at that oversight.

by Anonymousreply 30July 22, 2018 12:40 PM

I am shocked, R29! How could we?

by Anonymousreply 31July 22, 2018 1:21 PM

Also: The anniversary of the first episode with Cass Winthrop.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32July 22, 2018 1:25 PM

R32

Anyone know what HW created Cass? He is one of my favorite soap men.

by Anonymousreply 33July 22, 2018 4:30 PM

I always hated the name Cass Winthrop. So phony. And it didn’t fit Schnetzer. It shoukd have been something ethnic like Jared Rosen or Anthony “Del” Delvecchio.

by Anonymousreply 34July 22, 2018 4:45 PM

L Virginia Browne created Cass. She also created Sandy Cory, Alma Rudder andthe show’s first black family, and wrote the return of Steve Frame from the dead.

by Anonymousreply 35July 22, 2018 6:25 PM

R35

I've never heard of her.

Did she also create my beloved Felicia?

by Anonymousreply 36July 22, 2018 9:22 PM

R35, I’m pretty sure Corinne Jacker created the black family, the Morgans.

by Anonymousreply 37July 22, 2018 9:51 PM

Corine Jacker was HW from late 1981 to late 1982.

Cass Winthrop and Alma Rudder both debuted under her reign, so it is safe to assume she created them. Jacker also created the Morgan family, as r37 mentions.

Felicia Gallant, as well as Donna Love, debuted in Jan 1983. Robert Soderberg and Dorothy Ann Purser were HW at that point. My impression is that Soderberg was the transition HW between Jacker and Purser, but he stayed on a while to help Purser get started.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38July 22, 2018 11:07 PM

[quote]L Virginia Browne created ,,, the show’s first black family

AW’s Peggy Nolan was the first black contract role on a daytime drama, as played by Micki Grant from 1965-72. (She was created by Agnes Nixon.) Did we ever see Peggy’s mother?

by Anonymousreply 39July 23, 2018 1:20 AM

But Harding Lemay created Quinn (Petronia Paley), right?

by Anonymousreply 40July 23, 2018 3:15 AM

The Another World Home Page is a fantastic resource. Many different categories of information about the show. Many of the questions asked here can be answered from info on that site.

For example, going to the Character Guide section, you have description of all the major characters who ever appeared on the show, including who they were married to, who they dated,where they worked, their family members and of course their first and last air dates.

In the case of Quinn Harding, you find her first appearance was on July 1, 1981. Her last was on April 6, 1987. Then going to the Credits section, you can look up headwriters and see that L. Viriginia Brown was the HW in 1981. Thus, Quinn Harding was created by L. Virginia Brown.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41July 23, 2018 6:27 AM

Smell Miss R41!

by Anonymousreply 42July 23, 2018 9:38 PM

Yeah, I really don't think they'll ever post Harding Lemay's obit. One of these soap blogging queens should make a STINK about it!

by Anonymousreply 43July 23, 2018 10:03 PM

Quinn Harding was a favorite of mine. She had style, class and grace, but was self assured. Didn't come across as subservient like most black soap characters did up until that point.

Quinn survived several regime changes, but the sin stalker finally did her in.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44July 24, 2018 12:15 AM

Quinn was great!

by Anonymousreply 45July 24, 2018 1:29 PM

I must have missed where Daniel Pilon died but I'm seeing it in Digest now.

They have a statement from Grant Aleksander (and his dong),

by Anonymousreply 46July 24, 2018 7:39 PM

People have frequently wondered on these P&G threads what went wrong between Doug Marland and Agnes Nixon when he was HW for the first year of Loving in 1983-84.

Over on the Santa Barbara thread, someone linked a interview with acclaimed writer Patrick Mulcahey. The interview is primarily about his time on Santa Barbara, but he does mention some other things.

Mulcahey was also on the original writing staff for Loving, joining it because he had worked with Marland on GL. This was his comment about his experience there:

[quote] After working with Douglas Marland on Guiding Light and then on Loving, which I hated (and where Agnes Nixon was like some psychotic schoolmarm on speed, making copious condescending red-pen "corrections" in the margins of scripts - "You used the same word on page 2 and on page 34 ! Too repetitive !")

If Mulcahey as a script writer was going through this, Marland must have been experiencing it times 10! And we know how well Marland dealt with being micro-managed.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47July 25, 2018 12:18 AM

Mulcahey also had this to say about briefly working with John Conboy, who was EP of Santa Barbara in its next to last year.

[quote]Jackie Smith brought in a new executive producer named John Conboy, who might've been a really nice guy - I didn't stick around long enough to find out - but he played like a caricature of The Dumb New Boss. The one who says, "I know how to fix what's wrong around here - let's remodel !" We had one meeting, he told me his plans, I said, "No, thank you, I'm done."

That comment made me think of Conboy's year-long tenure as EP of GL in 2003-2004. GL had been getting back on track thanks to Millie Taggert's being HW (GL in 2002 was better than it had been since the early 90s under Nancy Curlee and Stephen Demorest). But then Conboy came aboard and took the show in a weirdly different direction under his pal Ellen Weston as HW.

by Anonymousreply 48July 25, 2018 12:21 AM

Conboy was a Palm Springs party gay whose first experience was at Y&R - he only really ever did shallow and splashy Y&R/Aaron Spelling style shows well. As EP he worked somewhat well at CAPITOL, but he had mixed results at SB and a lot of the fatal wounds that eventually killed GL were inflicted on his watch.

He killed the budget, had one of the worst writers ever in the HW chair, and apparently cast a few of the male characters on the basis of whatever they were packing in their shorts (a la Marty West).

by Anonymousreply 49July 25, 2018 6:19 PM

[quote]He killed the budget, had one of the worst writers ever in the HW chair, and apparently cast a few of the male characters on the basis of whatever they were packing in their shorts (a la Marty West).

Who was the writer?

I liked Marty West.

by Anonymousreply 50July 25, 2018 6:21 PM

Ellen Weston was the writer. She was an actress that had been on the show and a songwriter, but somehow began scriptwriting and was picked by Conboy to write. She did terrible stories, including the Carruthers story.

Marty was pretty but he couldn't convincingly walk from Mark A to Mark B.

by Anonymousreply 51July 25, 2018 6:26 PM

AW's Alicia Coppola in a new show

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 52July 25, 2018 6:27 PM

R48

If Mulcahey felt that way how the fuck does he stomach working at B&B? As bad as the remaining soaps are nothing is as God awful as B&B.

Bill Bell ell is rolling in his grave like the wheel in a hamster's cage.

PMc and MVJ are far too talented to churn out the garbage Brad Bell comes up with.

by Anonymousreply 53July 25, 2018 10:11 PM

R52

I have always loved Alicia ever since her AW days just like I've always loved William Fichtner since his ATWT days. I have made a point to watch whatever they're in.

by Anonymousreply 54July 25, 2018 10:13 PM

r51 Ellen Weston apparently bearded for Conboy from time to time. Over the decades, she'd s be his date at industry parties and events. They apparently go along well, so he rewarded her by making her HW of GL in 2003.

The thing that is so disturbing was that in 2002, Millie Taggert had come on as HW and was finally getting GL back on track. She dropped the San Cristobel storyline and killed off Prince Richard (YES!!!!! smartest decision she ever made), downplayed the Santos family, moved the focus back to the Bauers and Spauldings. Show felt was as good as it had been in the early 90s. Really felt like show was making a resurgence and cold go back up in the ratings.

Taggert's contract expired, so new EP John Conboy came in and gave the HW reigns to Ellen Weston, who quickly undid everything that Taggert had done to get the show back on track. It was under Weston that we got Maryanne Carthuthers storyline, Alex as a drug dealer, Gus's paternity hidden by Alex for decades, Gus's sister Eden.

And of course, Conboy foolishly brought back Bradley Cole in a new role -- Jeffrey O'Neil. Weston quickly made Jeffrey O'Neil the center of the show. Everything revolved around him. All the women were falling for him while the men were cowtowing to him.

Bradley Cole must have given Conboy the best FUCK of his life to become the show's center within just a few weeks of the character's debut. A character with no ties to any existing characters, I might add. No doubt, Cole had to give Conboy weekly repeat FUCKS to maintain that position for the rest of Conboy's tenure.

by Anonymousreply 55July 26, 2018 12:50 AM

R55

Wasn't Wheeler crazy about Cole too. I never understood it.

by Anonymousreply 56July 26, 2018 1:20 AM

Back in the day, we had an apparent GL Insider posting here on DL. He/She said that the Bradley Cole fanbase would regularly bombard the studio with fan mail and calls supporting Cole. There was one woman in New Jersey who phoned the show multiple times a week demanding more screen time for Cole.

Ellen Wheeler obviously kept Cole around to appease the fanbase. But she was wise enough to move him to the edge of the canvas, not have the show revolve around Cole.

by Anonymousreply 57July 26, 2018 1:47 AM

Thanks to whoever posted R20. I was just going to sample a minute or two of the post, and ended up watching the whole damn show. This was definitely when Marland got the show gelling , successfully combining the old elements of the show with the new. Probably the only two who were unhappy with the show's direction were Frank Runyeon (Steve) and Lindsay Frost (Betsy).

by Anonymousreply 58July 26, 2018 1:50 AM

The most that can be said is that at least Marland did give Steve and Betsy some story. But Lindsay Frost was nothing like Meg Ryan and had no chemistry with Runyeon (or anyone else). And all Marland could see in Steve was "Old World" values and a patsy for Lucinda. The exit storyline for Steve was pathetic, but by that point did anyone really care?

by Anonymousreply 59July 26, 2018 1:57 AM

[quote]Conboy was a Palm Springs party gay whose first experience was at Y&R - he only really ever did shallow and splashy Y&R/Aaron Spelling style shows well.

Actually John Conboy got his start and built his career at LIAMST, where he eventually became the EP. Y&R didn't come until after LIAMST. He was respected and and brought a unique visual style to soaps. What he developed on LIAMST, he brought to Y&R.

by Anonymousreply 60July 26, 2018 1:58 AM

R59 , it must have been traumatic for Runyeon to go from the undisputed lead of the show for two years to being shoved to the sidelines , and then booted out. It's ironic that when he and Scott Bryce were arch-rivals on the show, Bryce's Craig was the villain and Steve was the hero. By the time Marland fired Runyeon, Bryce was the new romantic lead (with Sierra) and Steve was sent to a Greek prison.

by Anonymousreply 61July 26, 2018 2:10 AM

I think it is pretty clear that Marland originally thought of Steve with Iva, but Bryce worked so much better with Lisa Brown he shifted gears.

That's one of the great things about Marland. He originally planned certain couples, but saw actors spark with each other on-screen and shifted them. Like Casey from Frannie to Lyla or Holden from Emily to Lily.

by Anonymousreply 62July 26, 2018 2:14 AM

Which ATWT actress had the biggest nipples, and were they larger or smaller than the size of a frisbee?

by Anonymousreply 63July 26, 2018 2:40 AM

R63 Excuse me?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 64July 26, 2018 5:07 PM

And R63, we all know that the bodacious tatas at ATWT belonged to Helen "Tits McGee" Wagner.

The biggest nipples were, of course, Jon Hensley.

by Anonymousreply 65July 26, 2018 5:08 PM

quote] If Mulcahey felt that way how the fuck does he stomach working at B&B?

I assume at this point it's low hanging fruit. It's an easy paycheck and he has to write maybe a script or two a week.

B&B is shiteous, to be sure. I wish literally anyone but Brad Bell was writing it. It might be interesting.

by Anonymousreply 66July 26, 2018 6:29 PM

Brad Bell is the Eric Trump of daytime.

by Anonymousreply 67July 26, 2018 6:30 PM

I didn't hate Bradley Cole at GL when he was on as Richard. I hated Cassie and LW so I was never a big fan of Richard/Cassie as a couple, but he was pleasant enough then.

But Jeffrey was unbearable from minute one, and I loathed Cole after that.

I never understood why they didn't make David Andrew McDonald the romantic lead. He could act rings around Cole, evoked both Christopher Reeve and GL's own Quinton Chamberlain and, also, he was fucking hot. But they always sabotaged Edmund. The character of Edmund suffered from all the HW changes, for sure.

[quote] Bradley Cole must have given Conboy the best FUCK of his life to become the show's center within just a few weeks of the character's debut.

It was either that or someone at CBS/PGP loved him. Or he was working cheaply enough to be popular with the suits.

by Anonymousreply 68July 26, 2018 6:52 PM

[quote] The thing that is so disturbing was that in 2002, Millie Taggert had come on as HW and was finally getting GL back on track. She dropped the San Cristobel storyline and killed off Prince Richard (YES!!!!! smartest decision she ever made), downplayed the Santos family, moved the focus back to the Bauers and Spauldings. Show felt was as good as it had been in the early 90s. Really felt like show was making a resurgence and cold go back up in the ratings.

If they had kept things going in that direction, I wonder if the show wouldn't still be on the air. It was, with a few exceptions, the last time GL was really good until the last six months.

by Anonymousreply 69July 26, 2018 6:53 PM

There was nothing that GL could have done, R69. PG wanted out. CBS wanted to program something in house and cheaper.

by Anonymousreply 70July 26, 2018 6:57 PM

R70 Oh, I know all that. The rot had set in well before then.

by Anonymousreply 71July 26, 2018 7:01 PM

R68

Preach! DAM &Edmund were so much better than Cole. So many directions to take Edmund and he had chemistry with everyone.

by Anonymousreply 72July 26, 2018 8:23 PM

Mulcahey is into scat and piss. He’s a real wierdo!!!

by Anonymousreply 73July 26, 2018 8:27 PM

I thought it was just really heavy BDSM

Doesn't matter to me because the dude can write.

by Anonymousreply 74July 26, 2018 8:29 PM

Who’s snatch did Geraldine Court munch on? Her BFF Anna Stuart? They were bosom buddies for years.

by Anonymousreply 75July 26, 2018 8:45 PM

No, R75, I knew Geri very well. She never had affairs with actresses. Anna Banana was one of her best friends but Anna is as hetero as it gets. Both of her long term gfs were not in the business at all. Judy Gold was a friend of hers but I don’t think they were ever lovers.

by Anonymousreply 76July 26, 2018 8:48 PM

Did Geri ever eat out the actress who played Evie Stapleton on GL? She seems her type.

by Anonymousreply 77July 26, 2018 9:55 PM

Bradley Cole's Prince Richard was milquetoast. Cole's Jeffrey' O'Neil was load, abrasive and obnoxious. Both ate up previous screen time from more likable and interesting characters.

The most telling thing about Jeffrey O'Neil is the show never could find a leading lady to pair him with. They tried virtually every actress on the show, but the chemistry wasn't there. The only pairing that worked in my mind was Reva, at the very end. But that was Kim Zimmer working hard to make the pairing work.

by Anonymousreply 78July 26, 2018 11:06 PM

As I recall reading, Bradley Cole was one of the finalists for the part of Nick Marone on B&B, the part that ultimately went to Jack Wagner. Nick Marone debuted in April 2003, while Jeffrey O'Neil came on GL in May 2003.

Whatever I read at the time said that John Conboy scrambled to sign Cole before B&B could. Then he had to create a part for him.

by Anonymousreply 79July 26, 2018 11:13 PM

Kim Stewart Hughes had perky titties and big nipples.

by Anonymousreply 80July 27, 2018 2:06 AM

Happy Birthday to snatch eater Geri Court!!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 81July 28, 2018 2:38 PM

Who were the biggest whores by gender on the sets of ATWT, AW and GL? The Pinters? Anne Heche? The dyke that played Hillary Bauer?

by Anonymousreply 82July 28, 2018 6:58 PM

R82

Beth Ehlers

by Anonymousreply 83July 28, 2018 11:42 PM

R82 Marie Wilson

by Anonymousreply 84July 29, 2018 12:38 AM

Vincent Irizarry slept/dated/got engaged to almost all of his co-stars with which he was romantically paired.

INCLUDING Ann Hamilton, who was Mindy #3 for about 30 seconds. That one I find particularly impressive. I think Krista Tesreau was the only Mindy he didn't bang.

by Anonymousreply 85July 29, 2018 3:21 AM

R85 Vincent & Kimberley Sims were smokin'.

by Anonymousreply 86July 29, 2018 3:52 AM

Who did Connie Ford eat out? Lous Kibbee?

by Anonymousreply 87July 29, 2018 12:43 PM

[quote]Vincent Irizarry slept/dated/got engaged to almost all of his co-stars with which he was romantically paired.

Yet he was an anti-abortionist. Hmmm.

by Anonymousreply 88July 29, 2018 12:44 PM

Mark Pinter definitely shared his cock with many female costars. I wonder if he ever shared it with men.

Michael Park wasn't a slut......at the studio.

by Anonymousreply 89July 29, 2018 2:02 PM

[quote] As I recall reading, Bradley Cole was one of the finalists for the part of Nick Marone on B&B, the part that ultimately went to Jack Wagner.

Wow. I wish he'd have gone to B&B so we could have missed that whole mess, round II, at GL.

by Anonymousreply 90July 29, 2018 2:09 PM

Speaking of....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 91July 30, 2018 9:31 PM

R91

I wonder what Kimberley Sims is doing now.? She was so good on GL.

Sexy, beautiful & talented.

I loved Krista Tesareau as teen Mindy but there's no way she would've been able to pull off the chess game that the Mindy, Roger,Alexandra story turned out to be. Sims was great.

by Anonymousreply 92July 30, 2018 10:30 PM

She really was, R92. She absolutely was the right actress to take Mindy to that next level as an adversary for Alexandra.

by Anonymousreply 93July 30, 2018 11:24 PM

She was great, and beautiful. She is much missed.

I know she's on FB.

by Anonymousreply 94July 30, 2018 11:26 PM

I never particularly liked Vincent Irrizarry in his days as Lujack. I never got what the fuss was about (especially when Grant Aleksander was on the same show). I was similarly unimpressed by Irrizarry when he was on Santa Barbara as Scott Clark.

So, when he came back to GL playing Nick McHenry, I wasn't expecting much. Imagine my surprise when they paired him with Kimberly Simms and magic happened. The two had great chemistry. Nick became one of my favorite characters during that period.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 95July 31, 2018 2:20 AM

Thirty-four years ago today -- July 30, 1984 -- Reva went into the fountain and baptized herself the Slut of Springfield.

Interestingly, Santa Barbara debuted opposite GL on July 30, 1984. I never realized it until now, but the fountain scene -- one of the most memorable in soap history -- was done as counter-programming.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 96July 31, 2018 2:29 AM

Vinnie I loves eating pussy! I should know.

by Anonymousreply 97July 31, 2018 2:32 AM

Meanwhile, July 30, 1984 on ABC, General Hospital counter-programming against the SB premiere:

Grant Putnam tries to murder Celia; Frisco and Tania fight over her interest in Grant Andrews (who is in prison); Ginny tries to get obnoxious little Mikey Weber to move in with her, which Rick overhears and is upset by. Rick shouldn't be so distracted by Ginny when he just buried the love of his life 4 months ago. Fletcher (the DVX agent) threatens Grant A. in prison. Jimmy Lee agrees to meet Jake Meyer in the gym sauna for a little nude wrestling.

I might have imagined that last plot point. I was young and impressionable.

by Anonymousreply 98July 31, 2018 9:21 AM

R96

I will never forget the fountain scene or the story that led up to it & the fallout afterwards.

There was so much yearning. How long has it been since today's soaps even attempted that emotion? They couldn't pull it off if they tried.

The chemistry was crackling. The subtext was yearning, shame, passion, conflict, jealousy. The whole bag of tricks were in that story. & played by actors with one of a kind chemistry

by Anonymousreply 99July 31, 2018 5:37 PM

As much as later Jeva ate the show, that whole story was indeed great. Even if it was somewhat a ripoff of Cat on a Hot Tin Roof.

by Anonymousreply 100July 31, 2018 8:32 PM

[quote] How long has it been since today's soaps even attempted that emotion? They couldn't pull it off if they tried.

The acting style now is to walk around as if one is on Ambien.

by Anonymousreply 101July 31, 2018 8:33 PM

Kim Zimmer gained over a hundred pounds since her slut of Springfield scenes.

by Anonymousreply 102July 31, 2018 8:46 PM

I remember a super hot scene that aired around the time of the fountain scene. I think it was a week or two before.

A wheelchair bound Josh was living with HB and Reva while he recovered. HB was away on business leaving Josh and Reva to fight their feeling for one another.

In one scene ending that day's episdoe, Josh is in his bedroom and Reva is in the hall, both struggling not to go to the other one. Music playing over the scene was Bruce Springsteen's "I'm on Fire." The song had just been released and it was perfect for the scene.

by Anonymousreply 103July 31, 2018 11:10 PM

Gail Kobe produced good soap opera.

by Anonymousreply 104July 31, 2018 11:51 PM

I disagree r104, you cunt.

by Anonymousreply 105August 1, 2018 12:09 AM

R103 I remember that scene too! The song did fit perfectly.

by Anonymousreply 106August 1, 2018 12:14 AM

“I’m On Fire” was also used on DOOL, as Gloria Loring’s Liz struggled to resist Don Diamont’s Carlo. (I think that was the character’s name — h was the pool boy or gardener or somesuch.)

by Anonymousreply 107August 1, 2018 12:33 AM

R103

Yes! That's on Youtube too.

GL was crazy good during that period.

by Anonymousreply 108August 1, 2018 11:10 PM

R108 Do you have that clip? I don't know where it is.

by Anonymousreply 109August 1, 2018 11:11 PM

Yes, r108. Don't just tell us it's on YouTube. Find it for us and post the link here!

by Anonymousreply 110August 1, 2018 11:59 PM

The scenes actuallt take place after the fountain scenes not before.

Talk about smoldering.

Plus, GL really had bucks because in one episode they not only used Springsteen for Josh/Reva but they used Lionel Richie's Trule for Beth & Phillip

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 111August 2, 2018 12:40 PM

Pardon the typos. Not enough coffee yet.

by Anonymousreply 112August 2, 2018 12:41 PM

Good Christ in heaven, would I like Robert Newman in me!

by Anonymousreply 113August 2, 2018 1:05 PM

I want Grant’s long dong in me.

by Anonymousreply 114August 2, 2018 1:27 PM

Robert Newman is - and especially was, then, a beautiful man. Some of it was physical (he was stunning in those scenes) but there's also something about him, too, that is just.....you want Josh on every level.

by Anonymousreply 115August 2, 2018 6:46 PM

I think they must have used I'm On Fire for more than one episode. The one that I remembered was an episode when they played it in someone's mind - Reva's? - where the faces of all the players - HB, Josh, Reva - went through that person's mind, or showed on the screen.

by Anonymousreply 116August 2, 2018 6:47 PM

Yeah, Thanks r111. Great to see that scene again.

My memories had a few details off, but that was the scene I was describing in my post at r103.

r116, It's entirely possible they used I'm on Fire for another scene too. The show went crazy using pop songs in 83-85, during Gail Kobe's reign.

by Anonymousreply 117August 2, 2018 10:32 PM

Damn! The follow up to that episode is a DL goldmine!

Reva & Josh smoking up the screen & then being caught

Hottie Tony Reardon

Phillip wet/naked in a bath towel

And India's first day on GL. She blew in on a storm

That's a DL smorgasbord!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 118August 2, 2018 11:55 PM

Speaking of hot scenes, remember the tango between Emily Stewart (Melanie Smith) and Brock Lombard on ATWT?

by Anonymousreply 119August 3, 2018 12:47 AM

Watching old ATWT from the early 70s on YT. Emily skipped kindergarten?

by Anonymousreply 120August 3, 2018 12:51 AM

Part of why I could never get into Reva as a character is I just never found Kim Zimmer attractive. Harsh looking woman.

by Anonymousreply 121August 3, 2018 7:03 AM

Kimmy Z likes her alcohol.

by Anonymousreply 122August 3, 2018 10:06 AM

R121

I thought Zimmer was beautiful & oozed sensuality when she was thin.

I understand it's difficult for women's weight after menopause. I could understand a 10-25lb weight gain but Zimmer packed on 50-75;bs.

She just totally let herself go.

by Anonymousreply 123August 3, 2018 12:49 PM

"Watching old ATWT from the early 70s on YT. Emily skipped kindergarten?"

Emily skipped a lot of things, like... well, having parents.

by Anonymousreply 124August 3, 2018 1:21 PM

Who was Mindy's mother? Did we ever know her name? Mindy rarely ever mentioned her mother, if she ever did at all.

Too bad the show never brought on Mindy's mother/Billy's first wife.

by Anonymousreply 125August 3, 2018 1:33 PM

I am too lazy to look it up but I seem to remember Mindy's mother was dead.

by Anonymousreply 126August 3, 2018 1:43 PM

It's interesting that we tend to think of Ross Marler as one of GL's leading men. But that only happened after they paired him with Blake in 1992.

Before that, Ross was a supporting player throughout most of the 80s. Sure, he had some story while married to Carrie (Jane Elliot) with the multiple personalities and again while dating Lillian's sister Calla (Lisby Larson), but in both those stories, he was more a supporting player. And when even when they discovered Ross was Dinah's father, he was a supporting player; that was more of a mother-daughter story with Vanessa and Dinah.

by Anonymousreply 127August 3, 2018 1:52 PM

Speaking of Dinah #1- Wndy Moniz still looks great & is still married to smoking hot Franck Grillo I never would've thought they'd last this long.

She's currently on the nightime soap Yellowstone.

I enjoyed Wendy's version of Dinah but a fucking loved Gina's version.

by Anonymousreply 128August 3, 2018 2:26 PM

r128 Wendy Moniz was Dinah #3.

Jennifer Gatti was Dinah #1, although she only held the role a short time.

Paige Turco was Dinah #2.

Gina Tognoni was Dinah #4.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 129August 3, 2018 2:46 PM

Really, if you're going to mention me, I'd appreciate some tea. Some fine tea, please, none of this bourgeoisie Lipton nonsense.

And DO serve on the fine china, please. Villeroy and Boch. Two sugars, no cream.

by Anonymousreply 130August 3, 2018 3:03 PM

Go away fucken moron Serial Non Scholar nutjob. Seek mental help, NOW.

by Anonymousreply 131August 3, 2018 4:12 PM

Paige Turco was young heroine Dinah. Wendy Moniz was bitch Dinah. The transition only made any sense because of the strength of Kinckaid and ver Dorn.

Tognoni? I don't know her.

by Anonymousreply 132August 3, 2018 4:17 PM

R129

I forgot about Paige. I knew about the teenage Dinah but I try to forget her.

by Anonymousreply 133August 3, 2018 4:17 PM

I always thought they should have brought Dorie on. A long list of characters we already knew, tied to people we already knew.

There was Dorie, Peter Reardon, the Marler kids, Quint and Nola's kids (they did bring on "J" but it was during the horrible McTavish era), Tony and Annabelle's kids, I'm sure SImon and Jessie had a kid that could have stayed with Aunt Lillian.

Just so many existing options that didn't require inventing a new character and trying to Scotch tape them to existing ones - as they did, horribly, with Ava, Olivia and Jeffrey.

by Anonymousreply 134August 3, 2018 7:35 PM

Hey, r120, can you link one? I can't find any episodes from before Dan Stewart's funeral.

by Anonymousreply 135August 3, 2018 7:40 PM

Yes, please link the early 70s ATWT videos!

by Anonymousreply 136August 3, 2018 10:50 PM

R127 you are nuts. Ross was the primary leading man from 79-82 before Kobe and Long sidelined him. Pairing him with that hideous Gina creature. Ross was with Vanessa, Amanda, Trish and most prominently Carrie during that period. Jerry ver Dorn was so sexy with a beautiful chest and those blue eyes!

by Anonymousreply 137August 3, 2018 11:34 PM

Jesus have you seen ver Dorn lately? He must weigh 700 lbs, easily. He completely let himself go, like Zim Zim. Why?

by Anonymousreply 138August 4, 2018 5:30 AM

Jesus, he is unrecognizable

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 139August 4, 2018 11:02 PM

I agree JvD looks different. He's battled several bouts of cancer and is on tons of steroids so I am willing to not be a huge cunt about it.

I actually would go to the Bloss fan thing if I had the money. And if it wasn't in Jersey. LOL

by Anonymousreply 140August 4, 2018 11:04 PM

[quote] Ross was with Vanessa, Amanda, Trish and most prominently Carrie during that period.

For a brief time they were hinting at a Ross/Alex romance.

But Ross was kinda backburnered during Pam Long's first stint, to be sure. He was much better used during the second stint - I seem to remember that he dated Nadine briefly? And the Holly and Blake story (under Nancy Curlee) was great.

by Anonymousreply 141August 4, 2018 11:07 PM

I saw somewhere that a new TV show is being done. It's called Melange. It's a LBGT series too

Soap actors involved are Robert Newman, Darnell Williams, Ilene Kristin, Morgan Fairchild & David Gregory.

by Anonymousreply 142August 5, 2018 12:15 AM

JVD was a real DILF. Always looked forward to any shirtless scenes.

by Anonymousreply 143August 5, 2018 1:08 AM

Here's the info about Melange. A while bunch of soap actors involved. A whole bunch of openly gay actors involved.

Filming started this weekend. But there's no network attached at the moment. So, if they don't find a broadcast outlet, this may end up only being seen in YouTub.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 144August 5, 2018 3:28 AM

Oh, dear God, woman! Fairchild looks like a damn freak!

by Anonymousreply 145August 5, 2018 3:56 AM

This is what Morgan thinks of r145

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 146August 5, 2018 4:16 AM

Is that Connie Francis?

by Anonymousreply 147August 5, 2018 4:18 AM

I think Morgan looks Marvelous.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 148August 5, 2018 4:19 AM

Come have a drink with us!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 149August 5, 2018 4:51 AM

I was glued to my screen for this storyline. It blows me away that Michelle Forbes was just 22 but she hit it out of the ballpark.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 150August 5, 2018 6:07 PM

R150 I loved that story too. Almost zero percent was understandable or made sense, but fuck if it wasn't captivating!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 151August 5, 2018 10:54 PM

I remember being dumbstruck that the Sonni/Solita story wound up being a DID story That was a twist I didn't figure out.

by Anonymousreply 152August 5, 2018 10:59 PM

I always wanted my drag name to be Solita.

*opens dark fan in front of face*

by Anonymousreply 153August 6, 2018 2:55 PM

Once again I must remind Sonni/Solita lovers of a most amusing line uttered by my friend Ivar Brogger as a theatre director in Caracas.

“Yes, Solita, it’s true, you very well may have been the greatest English speaking actress in Venezuela. Before all the men and the cigarettes, that is.”

If anyone should by some miracle come across this on YT would you please post it here? TIA.

by Anonymousreply 154August 6, 2018 3:00 PM

Go away Serial asshole nutjob. Seek mental help. Immediately.

by Anonymousreply 155August 6, 2018 4:33 PM

Was that an actual line in an episode? R154? That's fabulous.

by Anonymousreply 156August 6, 2018 8:15 PM

I keep seeing Scott Bryce in clips from Facts of Life.......forgot he was on that show.

by Anonymousreply 157August 6, 2018 8:16 PM

Yes, it was, R156. I did see the scene when it first aired and cackled like hell. Ivar played the line with a raised eyebrow.

by Anonymousreply 158August 6, 2018 9:00 PM

Ross Marler's ass was amazing here.

Johnny is boring, but looks hot.

I'll never understand why they never recast Roxie.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 159August 6, 2018 9:29 PM

r154 I remember that line. It was good. Very memorable.

However, the thing that was weird about the line was that Michelle Forbes was 24 years old at the time (born in 1965). While she did look older than that, Sonni/Solita always came across as late 20s/early 30s to me.

The line suggested that Solita had been an actress for decades, at least early 40s, if not older. I mean, its hard to be considered the greatest English speaking actress in Venezuela if you don't have at least a couple of decades of stage experience behind you. So, when I heard the line, it took me out of the moment, wondering exactly how old Solita was supposed to be.

by Anonymousreply 160August 7, 2018 12:21 AM

Speaking of old scenes, I hadn't seen this in a while.

I remembered this from the 50th anniversary week. Literally weeks before Pam Long's 2nd stint started. They had viewers vote on classic scenes to replay, one every day for a week.

I know there was this, the Roger/Holly scene, a Phillip/Rick scene and then the Nola/Kelly confrontation. I'm forgetting what the fifth was.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 161August 7, 2018 10:10 PM

Here's more information about the Melange series mentioned upthread. The story centers around the fight for control on an NYC gay bar following the death of the owner. Scott Evans plays the man trying to get control of the bar, while Robert Newman plays the deceased owner in flashbacks.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 162August 8, 2018 12:35 AM

R162

I really hope it gets a distributor. I like Evans & I adore Newman & Darnell.

by Anonymousreply 163August 8, 2018 12:48 AM

These web soaps are all terrible.

by Anonymousreply 164August 8, 2018 1:32 AM

Web soaps get about 10,000 viewers only. Not good.

by Anonymousreply 165August 8, 2018 7:35 PM

Everyone is so whispery and lethargic on web soaps.

I miss the old days of dishtowels snapping and Lady Eyes A Buggin'.

Seriously.....it was theatrical without (well, mostly without) going over the top. I miss that.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 166August 9, 2018 12:27 AM

Damn it, the link for my post at R166 didn't work. Oh well.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 167August 9, 2018 12:33 AM

I have to say, I always loved Robert Newman but I'm really impressed with him going past his comfort zone.

I was always under the impression he was fundie - or on the borderline of it - but just this summer he did Hairspray and now a gay rights icon? Wow.

by Anonymousreply 168August 9, 2018 2:12 AM

Depends what you mean by "fundie", I guess. If you read DL, you might get the impression that any religious person hates gays and gay marriage. But Pew Research surveys show that 70% of Catholics are accepting of homosexuality, and over half (57%) support gay marriage. And since these studies were done a few years ago, and the oldest (65+) respondents were the majority that didn't support gays/gay marriage, in all likelihood those numbers are even greater today.

In my experience, most Christians couldn't care less about who I'm sleeping with or married to.

by Anonymousreply 169August 9, 2018 11:59 AM

R169 I am a somewhat religious person and I know not all Christians are like that. But there IS a particular strain of fundie that IS like that. And when several soap stars found God, some of them gave interviews at various times that suggested they were pretty conservative.

Vincent Irizarry, for example, is supposedly very conservative and pro-life (never mind he's fucked every co star he's ever had). I do remember Newman and his wife discussing their faith in an old article. He never struck me as a particularly hardcore guy, but one never knows. Josh was accepting of Olivia, etc. but I never assume character is like actor or vice versa.

I don't always assume the worst because someone may disagree on certain subjects. I believe Maura West is very pro-life, which I disagree with, but I can respect her POV, and she seems to be pretty open and supportive of LGBT people.

To the point of my post, though, at R168: I *was* surprised to see Newman take these roles.

by Anonymousreply 170August 9, 2018 10:36 PM

I saw this earlier this week. These 15 minute mobile things sound like they'd be perfect for soap reboots and/or new soaps made in the same style as ATWT, GL, AW, et al.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 171August 9, 2018 10:38 PM

"I believe Maura West is very pro-life"

Just because a woman has a lot of kids, it does not mean she wants to restrict other women's choices. Why do you think she is anti-choice?

by Anonymousreply 172August 9, 2018 10:41 PM

Did you confuse Maura West with Margaret Colin? I can't find anything saying Maura is pro-life.

by Anonymousreply 173August 9, 2018 10:42 PM

Maura said something about it a few years back, in some interview. I will search for it.

I don't think she's pro life in the same way Colin is (as in, she's not working with groups advocating for it). She carefully worded her response in an interview, it was something like "for me, I could only choose life."

by Anonymousreply 174August 9, 2018 11:09 PM

As I recall reading, Vincent Irizarry went through a very dark period in the mid 1990s. That's when he joined a Bible study and became a Christian.

That probably corresponds also to the time period when he quit sleeping with his leading ladies.

I'm not aware of him being especially conservative, but he may very well be. Apparently has always been gay friendly.

by Anonymousreply 175August 10, 2018 12:44 AM

[quote] She carefully worded her response in an interview, it was something like "for me, I could only choose life."

My mother said almost exactly the same thing when I was going through sex ed (many years ago) and she is completely pro-choice.

by Anonymousreply 176August 10, 2018 2:02 AM

Many people (myself included) are extremely pro-LGBT and also pro-life. They're not mutually exclusive.

by Anonymousreply 177August 10, 2018 2:06 AM

Colin is virulently pro-life.

by Anonymousreply 178August 10, 2018 3:56 PM

R177

Your stance makes zero sense to me.

You rightfully want folks to stay out of who you love yet you want to tell someone what to do with their body.

by Anonymousreply 179August 10, 2018 3:59 PM

Please, let's not get this thread deleted. I know the whole prolife discussion is a very passionate one. As is religion. Both can be very personal things.

I would really like this thread to stay a space for us soap fans.

by Anonymousreply 180August 10, 2018 9:33 PM

Yesterday would have been Beverlee McKinsey's 83rd birthday.

by Anonymousreply 181August 10, 2018 9:35 PM

McKunty is not missed. Rest in hell, cunt.

by Anonymousreply 182August 10, 2018 9:36 PM

Damn, R182 is SERIOUSLY mentally ill.

by Anonymousreply 183August 11, 2018 1:46 PM

and tomorrow is nine years since the last filming day for GL.

hard to believe

by Anonymousreply 184August 11, 2018 11:38 PM

R184

Till the day I die I will miss GL & AW

by Anonymousreply 185August 11, 2018 11:56 PM

I often wonder what As the World Turns would be like if it were still on the air. I'd like to think it would still resemble the show I loved, but I doubt it.

by Anonymousreply 186August 12, 2018 12:06 AM

R185 I will MARY! myself as well. I will miss them & ATWT too.

by Anonymousreply 187August 12, 2018 12:07 AM

R186, so do I, but I also wonder what the show would have been like if Douglas Marland hadn't died. Only thing I know for sure...the Snyders would not have faded away, and we wouldn't see the Invasion Of The ABC Scenery Chewers.

by Anonymousreply 188August 12, 2018 12:11 AM

Marland would certainly have never approved Marie Wilson for Meg.

by Anonymousreply 189August 12, 2018 4:13 AM

It just boggles my mind that ATWT took an great character like Meg, played by a wonderful actress (Ashe) and then tossed it all in the shitter by changing the character in every way & then cast Wilson.

by Anonymousreply 190August 12, 2018 12:38 PM

I was wondering where you'd all taken off to.

by Anonymousreply 191August 12, 2018 1:01 PM

It's not like I hate Marie Wilson. I could see casting her as another character on ATWT-- someone neurotic, dark, and jittery like Courtney or even Meg's sister Ellie. But Meg was so vivacious and bold, and Ashe was the perfect actress to play her. That recast was a real head scratcher.

by Anonymousreply 192August 12, 2018 1:45 PM

Go ahead, r192. Hate Marie Wilson. It's the only reasonable thing to do.

by Anonymousreply 193August 12, 2018 1:47 PM

So many of the casting decisions at ATWT were insane. I will never forgive them for bringing Scott Bryce back and then firing him.

That, and Martha.

NEVAH.

by Anonymousreply 194August 12, 2018 2:07 PM

R194

Rumor going around at the time was they cut Bryce due to bad behavior behind the scenes.

by Anonymousreply 195August 12, 2018 2:24 PM

I don’t hate Marie Wilson, either. She would have been fine as Ellie. But Meg she wasn’t.

by Anonymousreply 196August 12, 2018 2:31 PM

[quote]I don’t hate Marie Wilson, either. She would have been fine as Ellie.

AYFKM?

by Anonymousreply 197August 12, 2018 2:33 PM

[quote] Rumor going around at the time was they cut Bryce due to bad behavior behind the scenes.

No, Bryce refused to play Craig as a one-note villain. He always played Craig's vulnerability. Goutman told him not to, Bryce refused. Goutman canned him.

by Anonymousreply 198August 12, 2018 2:38 PM

I have spit on Goutman's red circle at Carnegie Mellon (like Holllywood's Walk of Fame, but for CMU School of Drama grads who have won awards).

by Anonymousreply 199August 12, 2018 2:52 PM

"No, Bryce refused to play Craig as a one-note villain. He always played Craig's vulnerability."

Bingo. Goutman's ridiculous, simplistic mantra was "Paul = Good, Craig = Bad". Well, fine-- it's your show, however much your complete lack of nuance may disgust me. But then don't hire Scott Bryce, because you know damn well Scott Bryce ain't no Hunt Block.

by Anonymousreply 200August 12, 2018 10:18 PM

Bryce created that role and he did so many amazing things with it. Chris Goutman was an asshole who should have known better.

When he fired Bryce it was a red flag. When he fired Martha Byrne, the writing was on the wall.

by Anonymousreply 201August 13, 2018 12:09 AM

According to this interview Kim Zinmer wasn’t Pam Long’s choice for Reva. She said “Pam wanted a fiery redhead instead of a sassy blonde.” Who might have been cast as Reva if Long had her way?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 202August 13, 2018 1:38 AM

The Bryce firing was the last straw for me. He took the character from arch-villain in the Meg Ryan / Betsy days to romantic lead in the Sierra era, and played everything in between. Hunt Block could be entertaining, but he was strictly a one-note actor who couldn't handle any scene with depth. But the worst was Jon Lindstrom, who committed the unpardonable sin of making Craig boring.

by Anonymousreply 203August 13, 2018 1:50 AM

I like Bryce in during his first run but I really liked Hunt Block's version

I totally bought Craig's personae during the Hunt Block years. Time & experience had changed him.

by Anonymousreply 204August 13, 2018 1:58 AM

Whatever happened to Frank Runyeon? His "Steve Andropolous" was the undisputed male lead of the show for a good two years.

by Anonymousreply 205August 13, 2018 2:10 AM

Runyeon must have been one hell of a pain in the ass for them to dump him and NEVER give him another chance. He was arguably the show's biggest draw (or one-half of it) when they let him go.

by Anonymousreply 206August 13, 2018 2:56 AM

[quote]Runyeon must have been one hell of a pain in the ass for them to dump him and NEVER give him another chance. He was arguably the show's biggest draw (or one-half of it) when they let him go.

I can relate.

by Anonymousreply 207August 13, 2018 2:58 AM

R202 I always thought Long was trying to redo Texas on GL and had actually written the role for herself!

by Anonymousreply 208August 13, 2018 2:59 AM

Frank Runyeon and Meg Ryan were very popular, but by the time Steve and Betsy (subsequently played by Lindsay Frost) were written off, their popularity had cooled considerably.

I started watching ATWT about a year before he left and I loathed that character.

by Anonymousreply 209August 13, 2018 3:00 AM

Pam Long and Gail Kobe wanted to cast Jerry Lanning as Billy Lewis. Lanning was one of the leads of Texas, playing Justin Marshall, the character to whom Long's Ashley Linden had been married. Pam Long reported this in some radio interview she did.

The Billy character and the Justin character were cut from the same mold. Both were macho, hotheaded and super competitive. Lanning had excelled in the role of Justin, so it was only natural for them to want to cast him in a similar role.

CBS wouldn't let them cast Jerry Lanning because GL had already cast several Texas alum at that point -- Harley Kozak as Annabelle, James Rebhorn as Bradley Cooper and Stephen Joyce as Annabelle's father Eli Sims. So, by July 1983 when it was time for Billy to come to Springfield, they were forced to go with Jordan Clark rather then Jerry Lanning.

Or course, the show would go on to cast many more Texas alum in the following two years -- Bev McKinsey as Alex, Michael Woods as Jim Reardon, Jay Hammer as Fletcher Reade, Lisby Larson as Calla Matthews, Mary Pat Gleason as Alex's maid Jane Hogan, Damion Scheller as Nola and Quint's visiting adolescent scientist Jonathan Brooks.

And Jerry Lanning finally got cast on GL in 1986, playing Cain Harris who rescued Reva after she jumped off a bridge, but then turned out to be an insane serial killer.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 210August 13, 2018 4:09 AM

[quote]James Rebhorn as Bradley Cooper

Oppps, that should read Bradley Raines. Sorry.

by Anonymousreply 211August 13, 2018 9:23 AM

I don’t think Lanning would have chemistry with Maeve Kincaid like Clarke did, though.

by Anonymousreply 212August 13, 2018 3:16 PM

Lanning was a good actor but I'm so glad they went with Jordan.

Jordan gave Billy the perfect combo of scoundrel & teddy bear, who at times could be a royal prick & a royal fuck up.

by Anonymousreply 213August 13, 2018 3:43 PM

I was thrift shopping a while back and spotted a Jerry Lanning record album! Same guy indeed.

Fun fact: the last song on the Lanning album "More I Cannot Wish You" was also sung by Mary Stuart aka SFT's Jo on her album, "Joanne Sings."

by Anonymousreply 214August 13, 2018 4:50 PM

Spotted Lanning on the street here in NYC a few months ago and damn, he looked old.

by Anonymousreply 215August 13, 2018 5:06 PM

Jerry Lanning is 75 years old now. Apparently, he collapsed five years ago during a performance of "And Give Us The Shadows," but stayed in character even as he collapsed.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 216August 13, 2018 11:17 PM

Jerry Lanning is the son of cabaret singer Roberta Sherwood, who had hits in the 1950s. Not a surprise he can sing.

Jerry had a album out about 40 years ago.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 217August 13, 2018 11:22 PM

Fun fact: Jerry Lanning got his start on soaps playing Nick D'Antonio on Search for Tomorrow in 1978-79. It was there that Jerry met his future wife, Sherry Mathis, who played Liza.

Also at that time, Christopher Goutman played Mark D'Antonio on Search in 1978-79. It was his first soap job and also where Chris met his future wife Marcia McCabe, who played Sunny.

The four actors all started on the show about the same time and apparently bonded off screen as well.

by Anonymousreply 218August 14, 2018 12:57 AM

Marcia McCabe divorced her cheating husband.

by Anonymousreply 219August 14, 2018 1:09 AM

It was great until it wasn't.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 220August 14, 2018 3:01 AM

Goutman was pretty until he wasn’t.

by Anonymousreply 221August 14, 2018 3:08 AM

Man, Marcia's expression is saying it all in that photo.

by Anonymousreply 222August 14, 2018 3:11 AM

Does Marcia still drink a *touch* too much?

by Anonymousreply 223August 14, 2018 6:36 AM

Did Chris eat out Marie Wilson? Hmmmm

by Anonymousreply 224August 14, 2018 7:05 AM

You know Chris and Marcia could do Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf....and it wouldn't be a long walk from the page to the stage, if ya know what I mean!

by Anonymousreply 225August 14, 2018 1:35 PM

I know so MANY of you (ahem) just LOVED Carly on ATWT so I'll leave this here.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 226August 16, 2018 5:57 PM

That was 3 faces ago for Maura.

by Anonymousreply 227August 16, 2018 6:36 PM

I love Maura West. I think she is wonderful. I also loved Carly from start to finish.

by Anonymousreply 228August 16, 2018 7:51 PM

R227

WTF are you talking about. Maura's face is natural.

by Anonymousreply 229August 16, 2018 11:34 PM

I'm surprised they didn't bring Michael Park on for a quick role opposite Maura on GH.

by Anonymousreply 230August 17, 2018 1:31 AM

He's too busy at the arcades catching a "matinee."

by Anonymousreply 231August 17, 2018 1:44 AM

"I started watching ATWT about a year before he left and I loathed that character [Steve Andropoulos]."

Most infuriating Steve Andropoulos moment of all the many, many infuriating Steve Andropoulos moments: Steve is bitching to Seth Snyder about how he wants Betsy to stay home with their little daughter Dani rather than have a career, and he says to Seth, "I mean, why not? YOUR mom stays at home."

UM, STEVE, EMMA WAS A FUCKING FARMER AND WORKED HER FINGERS TO THE BONE NIGHT AND DAY "AT HOME," YOU SEXIST PIECE OF SHIT.

by Anonymousreply 232August 17, 2018 2:25 AM

R232 has been triggered by a scene from a tv show 35 years ago!

by Anonymousreply 233August 17, 2018 5:22 PM

Not a fan of Maura here, sorry. She has changed faces a few times and I saw her on GH a few days ago. She has the menopause body now. Not inpressive.

by Anonymousreply 234August 17, 2018 6:08 PM

Hiss on, Miss R232!

I hated Steve. Hated him. I started watching post-Steve and Betsy (Meg Ryan Betsy) in early 1986 but I applauded the day his sour face left my screen.

by Anonymousreply 235August 17, 2018 8:53 PM

R232

It was 30+ years ago. Wouldn't most men from that era now be considered sexist & chauvinistic?

by Anonymousreply 236August 19, 2018 2:43 PM

Speaking of Steve...here is his last appearance. (Bonus appearances by the first Emily and Penny!)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 237August 19, 2018 10:04 PM

Runyeon did a few days on GH or YR a couple years back.

He played a priest IIRC.

He said he was surprised to be contacted because he said he had been retired for quite some time.

by Anonymousreply 238August 19, 2018 11:20 PM

Marland took a chance dismantling the Steve/Betsy/Craig triangle. That storyline literally WAS the show for two years.

by Anonymousreply 239August 20, 2018 1:48 AM

[quote]Marland took a chance dismantling the Steve/Betsy/Craig triangle. That storyline literally WAS the show for two years.

Really? I have no recollection of that.

by Anonymousreply 240August 20, 2018 5:11 AM

Marland , in his original Outline for ATWT, wanted Steve and Betsy to have a couple of years on the back burner as supporting characters, offering a contrast of marital bliss to the other characters. Instead he was gone within 18 months. Wasn’t Runyeon difficult behind the scenes?

by Anonymousreply 241August 20, 2018 5:46 AM

R241 I remember that. There was a long term outline that Tom Casiello posted online where he was going to give them a rest and have them be a happy couple for a while, with Steve's company and the independence Steve wanted from being swept up in Stewart/Hughes hegemony their small conflicts.

Runyeon apparently was difficult behind the scenes. I remember hearing that both Meg Ryan and Lindsay Frost clashed with him.

by Anonymousreply 242August 20, 2018 3:30 PM

Richard Bekins was on the most recent The Sinner.

He's aged but he looks better/healthier than I've seen him in a long time.

by Anonymousreply 243August 20, 2018 3:57 PM

Casiello??? Really?? That god awful writer queen. Casiello helped to kill the soaps. Ugh!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 244August 20, 2018 6:22 PM

What did Casiello do?

by Anonymousreply 245August 20, 2018 7:03 PM

R245 About 10 years ago he posted some excepts from a long term Marland projection he'd found (and made a copy of) while he was on staff at ATWT.

I'm linking to Part One below but there are four parts. It's very interesting reading.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 246August 20, 2018 7:16 PM

Part Two

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 247August 20, 2018 7:20 PM

Part Three

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 248August 20, 2018 7:21 PM

Part Four (final part)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 249August 20, 2018 7:21 PM

Thanks, r246 - r249.

by Anonymousreply 250August 20, 2018 7:30 PM

R165 writes,

[quote]Web soaps get about 10,000 viewers only. Not good.

Coincidentally, that is same amount in money for the entire budget of a given web soap.

by Anonymousreply 251August 20, 2018 7:37 PM

This thread has been grayed out on my phone (but not my computer). Undoubtedly, it's because someone said something nice about Carly, who ruined ATWT.

by Anonymousreply 252August 20, 2018 7:39 PM

Casiello went against every single one of Marland’s rules!

by Anonymousreply 253August 20, 2018 10:07 PM

most are made for less than that!

by Anonymousreply 254August 21, 2018 1:56 AM

25 years? It cannot be.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 255August 23, 2018 12:09 AM

JWS got his job on GL by sucking Marland’s toes. Douggie was into that.

by Anonymousreply 256August 23, 2018 1:50 AM

R256 is the most tiresome troll here.

by Anonymousreply 257August 23, 2018 12:33 PM

R257 Spicen, right?

by Anonymousreply 258August 23, 2018 12:36 PM

The only show that Doug Marland was any good on was GH. Someone just posted a ton of his GL episodes and they are really hard to get through. There are moments, but slogging through an entire show was torture. Doug Marland, while an okay writer, did not have the natural gifts of Nixon and Bell. His story structure was strange. I actually remember his ATWT. And again, there were wonderful moments, but day to day was a chore.

by Anonymousreply 259August 23, 2018 12:50 PM

Oh, please, r259. Just go away.

by Anonymousreply 260August 23, 2018 12:51 PM

Is r259 the Drew Dixon Douche?

by Anonymousreply 261August 23, 2018 12:52 PM

R259 Bye, Felicia.

by Anonymousreply 262August 23, 2018 12:52 PM

What R262 said.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 263August 23, 2018 1:14 PM

Not THAT Felicia, r263.

This Felicia.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 264August 23, 2018 1:16 PM

You know, instead of just saying bye Felicia or dismissing the point. Why not discuss it? This is a discussion board. Provide counter arguments to the claim. This isn't one of those soap boards where everyone is part of some hive mind collective. People can disagree. There was nothing rude or disrespectful in the post at R259. Most of this stuff is subjective anyway.

by Anonymousreply 265August 23, 2018 1:22 PM

Douglas Marland was the best writer of soap opera when I watched soap opera, 1988-1995. I loved ATWT before he died.

by Anonymousreply 266August 23, 2018 1:31 PM

I never thought an episode written by Marland was a chore to get through.

by Anonymousreply 267August 23, 2018 2:13 PM

I looked forward to each 7-acter w/prologue, five times a week.

by Anonymousreply 268August 23, 2018 2:50 PM

R257 Indeed. (And the brain damaged idiot that keeps repeating it is has the rumor ass backwards anyway. No one but no one was sucking on an older gentleman's toes. Marland was the one who liked JWS and Jon Hensley's feet, not the other way around.)

by Anonymousreply 269August 23, 2018 3:11 PM

Go away Serial Asshole. You are beyond help. Your family disowned you for a reason. They had you committed for a reason. Seek help, immediately!

by Anonymousreply 270August 23, 2018 4:26 PM

R268 has been day drinking.

by Anonymousreply 271August 23, 2018 5:56 PM

r271 has been not thinking.

by Anonymousreply 272August 23, 2018 7:19 PM

Donna check!

by Anonymousreply 273August 26, 2018 12:42 AM

I'm here and ready to chat P&G. Wish we would have a consistent conversation instead of these fits and starts with 15-20 posts in a day, but then nothing for a week.

by Anonymousreply 274August 26, 2018 12:45 AM

Fuck off, Aunt Liz.

by Anonymousreply 275August 26, 2018 1:04 AM

Hi Liz! *waves*

And me too. It's been empty in here for a while. I always figure sometimes we just all need to recharge our batteries!

by Anonymousreply 276August 26, 2018 1:11 AM

I've been thinking about centerpiece families that went the distance. For all of Days of Our Lives' issues, I have to give them credit for maintaining some prominence for the Hortons. After Lemay left, why weren't the Matthews given a second wind?

by Anonymousreply 277August 26, 2018 1:29 AM

Aunt Liz’s snatch smelled.

by Anonymousreply 278August 26, 2018 1:44 AM

Because P&G wanted new families. Same thing happened on GL with the Bauers.

by Anonymousreply 279August 26, 2018 2:34 AM

Anyone know why ATWT decided to kill off Reid ?

Reid & Luke made so much more sense by that point instead of Luke & Noah

by Anonymousreply 280August 26, 2018 1:46 PM

Nuke was a terrible pairing. Silberman couldn’t act. Reid was a much better pairing for Luke. Queen Newcomb will disagree since he proclaimed Nuke the pairing of the century before Silberman even aired.

by Anonymousreply 281August 26, 2018 4:53 PM

Jake Silberman may have been greener than many actors, but he improved over time. There have been many, many worse actors on daytime than Jake Silberman.

by Anonymousreply 282August 26, 2018 8:51 PM

It was so stupid to kill off Reid.

Noah was perfectly fine for a young first love but it was time for Luke to move on from that.

The potential of Luke & Reid was a hard thing to lose.

by Anonymousreply 283August 26, 2018 9:18 PM

Reid probably would not have been killed off if it hadn't been the end of the show.

by Anonymousreply 284August 26, 2018 10:24 PM

Is she whistling the AW theme?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 285August 26, 2018 11:45 PM

I don't think there's an OLTL thread so I'm dropping it here because La Strasser was on AW.

The death of Neil Simon has caused her to either drunk tweet or just throw caution out the window. LOL

She started out tweeting about his death then veered off into how her ex-husband started his affair with Lucie Arnez. That's old news but she also spilled that 6 months prior he confessed that he had been screwing both men & women throughout the marriage.

She says she had no idea. She didn't leave him but they entered therapy. Six months later they were still in therapy when she learned he'd taken up with Lucie.

She then said there's nothing wrong with Lavender marriages if the spouse knows & is OK with it but the secrets & lies are not OK.

by Anonymousreply 286August 26, 2018 11:56 PM

So Larry Luckinbill wasn’t the only straight cast member in The Boys in the Band besides Cliff Gorman?

by Anonymousreply 287August 27, 2018 12:12 AM

Strassman is koo koo. Certifiable.

by Anonymousreply 288August 27, 2018 12:14 AM

But she WAS Rachel!

by Anonymousreply 289August 27, 2018 1:33 AM

Here's the OLTL thread, r286.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 290August 27, 2018 5:36 AM

[quote]Is she whistling the AW theme?

"I Could Have Danced All Night," from My Fair Lady.

by Anonymousreply 291August 27, 2018 6:20 AM

Air date 34 years ago today.

The first time I ***really*** noticed Phillip.

Oh my, yes.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 292August 28, 2018 6:23 PM

Tony Reardon made my peen hard.

by Anonymousreply 293August 28, 2018 6:52 PM

R292 How was that supposed to be anything but a setup for the gayest soap storyline of all time?

by Anonymousreply 294August 28, 2018 6:53 PM

And more importantly, why didn't they show Phillip's BULGE?

by Anonymousreply 295August 28, 2018 7:14 PM

Well, they did, r295, if only a little.

by Anonymousreply 296August 28, 2018 7:22 PM

There IS an episode where he's with Mindy and there is an obvious hardon

by Anonymousreply 297August 28, 2018 7:45 PM

Did Grant ever stick his long dong into Krista T?

by Anonymousreply 298August 28, 2018 10:42 PM

DONG!

by Anonymousreply 299August 28, 2018 10:48 PM

The episode where Grant got an erection on camera would have aired 35 years ago this month. It was a scene where Phillip was while sitting on a sofa watching Mindy do yoga. When Grant realized what was happening, he pulled his leg up and then leaned his chest against his thigh to block the camera's view of the erection.

I've hunted for the scene on YouTube, but have not been able to find it. Would have aired in August 1983. If anybody can find it, please post the link!

by Anonymousreply 300August 29, 2018 1:44 AM

Aunt Liz, you naughty minx!

I do seem to remember that it WAS on YT, but it disappeared at some point. I'll have to unleash my detective powers and see if I can locate it again. It was very near the beginning of the run of all four Four Musketeers.

by Anonymousreply 301August 29, 2018 6:39 PM

ORD, the Four Musketeers started in late May/early June 1983 with the introduction of Mindy and Beth. The scene is question aired in August 1983, possibly late July 1983.

I've looked for it multiple times over the years. Have never found it. Good luck in your search for it.

by Anonymousreply 302August 30, 2018 2:44 AM

Wow, this might be Grant and Mikey's first scene together.

And yet they had a great rapport on screen.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 303August 30, 2018 2:57 AM

Serial Asshole Nutcase is back in the mentsl institution! Thank GOD!!!!

by Anonymousreply 304August 30, 2018 9:07 AM

The funniest interview that I’ve ever read is the one where Van Hansis claims to be straight. Hysterical! As if that pansy could pass as a pussy hound. Jesus, even Christian LeBlanc acts straighter than Van.

by Anonymousreply 305August 30, 2018 9:49 AM

Nola and Quint's wedding. Full episode. June 24, 1983

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 306August 30, 2018 10:39 AM

This website has a list of important dates in GL history.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 307August 30, 2018 11:11 AM

Bert Bauer had the stinky old snatch.

by Anonymousreply 308August 30, 2018 11:29 AM

R302

The Phillip/Mindy scene is definitely on Youtube because it's been linked many times

by Anonymousreply 309August 30, 2018 11:34 AM

r309 Please find it for us and provide the link.

I've been on DataLounge for 15 years. That yoga scene has been discussed here several times over the years, but the link to the video has never been posted here on DL. Believe me, I would remember if it had been posted.

I just spent the past 90 minutes going through 1983 GL YouTube postings and couldn't find it. Came across the above episode of Nola and Quint's wedding, but not the yoga scene from Aug 1983.

by Anonymousreply 310August 30, 2018 11:40 AM

I know you all are about the dong of Aleksander, but I wanted to marry O'Leary from the day he first appeared.

by Anonymousreply 311August 30, 2018 10:10 PM

R311 O'Leary was a cutie when he first appeared. I liked him a lot in his early days.

But he was phoning it in after Rick and Abby split up. The idea that Harley would sleep with Rick was just.....no.

by Anonymousreply 312August 31, 2018 8:19 AM

Help! I've been racking my brain trying to remember the name of Rosanna Cabot's estate.

I keep thinking Wildwind but that was Dimitri's and Wyndemere was the Cassadine estate.

It's driving me insane.

by Anonymousreply 313September 1, 2018 9:30 PM

Not sure of the name, but do you think Rosanna was being groomed to be the next Lily?

by Anonymousreply 314September 2, 2018 12:30 AM

R314

Cady has more talent in her toenail than Martha has in her whole body.

I loved Cady's turn as Rosanna. Great work.

I would've welcomed Cady as a major lead on ATWT but she was adamant about not signing a contract so her coming & going threw a monkey wrench in that.

During a lot of her ATWT run Cady was in her crazy town affair with Hunt Block & she was also in the midst of her mental issues.

If you haven't read her memoir you should get it off of Amazon.

That woman has been thru hell and back from child sexual abuse to disasterous relationships to mental breakdowns.

I'm glad she got the help she needed & is in what appears to be a loving & safe marriage to Jon Lindstrom.

by Anonymousreply 315September 2, 2018 12:43 AM

Is Cady the only woman to win an Emmy for 2 different roles?

by Anonymousreply 316September 2, 2018 12:54 AM

Maura West & Gina Tognoni did.

by Anonymousreply 317September 2, 2018 1:02 AM

Susan Flannery had Emmys for playing Laura Horton in the 1970s and Stephanie Forrester in the 2000s.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 318September 2, 2018 1:17 AM

R313

Fair Winds

by Anonymousreply 319September 2, 2018 2:36 AM

I thought Fairwinds was what happened when Lily queefed.

by Anonymousreply 320September 2, 2018 3:21 AM

Fairwinds was the estate owned by Damian and Lily when she returned to Oakdale. Barbara ended up living there-isn’t that where she was burned and scarred? And Paul and Emily lived there when the show ended

by Anonymousreply 321September 2, 2018 3:41 AM

Did Rosanna own Fairwinds first?

by Anonymousreply 322September 2, 2018 10:01 AM

R322

When Rosanna first came to town she was an heiress but lived with the Snyders She played down her wealth.

When she & Mike fell in love he was never comfortable with her being rich. They got engaged & he wanted her to give away all her money.

She agreed to but then it was revealed he had an affair with her sister Carly. Rosanna called off the wedding & decided fuck this! I'm keeping my money.

All this was during the first Rosanna's tenure. When Cady joined Rosanna was a dichotomy. She was still a part of the unpretentious Snyder clan but she was also incharge of running Cabot Motors.

She bought Fair Winds as her home.

by Anonymousreply 323September 2, 2018 5:28 PM

Just saw Dr Bob at our local supermarket. Looking pretty darned good for 84.

by Anonymousreply 324September 2, 2018 10:16 PM

Dr Bob had a small dick.

by Anonymousreply 325September 3, 2018 12:27 AM

I wonder what Kathy Hays is doing these days.

by Anonymousreply 326September 3, 2018 12:32 AM

I met Kathy Hays once when I was working in a bookstore in Union Station. She was so nice. We talked a little, and she called me "Kiddo!" (I asked her to. She was charmed.)

by Anonymousreply 327September 3, 2018 12:52 AM

Susan Brown, who played Adelaide, just died. I worked on the show at the time — bottom rung — and she was so sweet and kind to me. The type of person you want to spend time with. What a lovely woman.

by Anonymousreply 328September 3, 2018 1:46 AM

Eileen F has the dementia. Shits her diapers. Its sad to hear about her. Godspeed!

by Anonymousreply 329September 3, 2018 2:23 AM

Adeliaide?

by Anonymousreply 330September 3, 2018 2:51 AM

Adelaide fucked Kirk. She took her choppersout to give him bj’s. She wore wigs. Susan Brown always had a wig on.

by Anonymousreply 331September 3, 2018 3:06 AM

Imagine if the Emmys were around in the 60's for soaps? Mary Stuart, Eileen Fulton, Rosemary Prinz would have won among the women; Gene Bua, David Birney and Jonathan Frid would have won among the men.

by Anonymousreply 332September 3, 2018 3:17 AM

There are still so many that deserve them, either competitive ones or lifetime achievement ones, that never got them.

And yet there's a long list of shiteous recipients over the last decade.

by Anonymousreply 333September 3, 2018 4:47 AM

Happy 100th birthday Helen Wagner!

by Anonymousreply 334September 3, 2018 4:00 PM

A veritable Helenpalooza

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 335September 3, 2018 4:01 PM

Helen never sucked MY cock!

by Anonymousreply 336September 3, 2018 8:53 PM

I know you can only believe 5% (if that) about what is written about Eileen Fulton here, but does she really have dementia? Reports are that Susan Brown did too.

by Anonymousreply 337September 3, 2018 8:57 PM

There were rumors about that even when ATWT was still on, R337. Some people who claimed to be in the know said that she was only given short scenes because of that.

by Anonymousreply 338September 3, 2018 9:09 PM

Search for Tomorrow premiered on September 3, 1951. Today would have been the show's 67th Anniversary.

by Anonymousreply 339September 3, 2018 9:37 PM

I don't believe Eileen had/has dementia. Certainly not while the show was on because since the cancellation she has done her 1 woman cabaret act.

She couldn't have done that with dementia.

by Anonymousreply 340September 3, 2018 10:03 PM

Roger Newcomb has reported that Susan Brown had Alzheimers. Eileen has dementia. There is a difference. Eileen shits her pants.

by Anonymousreply 341September 3, 2018 10:09 PM

Coming soon, apparently.

HBS has had better days, it seems. She's really looking kinda old.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 342September 4, 2018 1:18 AM

Does HBS’s pussy stink?

by Anonymousreply 343September 4, 2018 11:09 AM

In one of those Helen clips, Barbara Rodell - the true unsung heroine of New York soaps in the 60's and 70's. Another World, Secret Storm, Guiding Light, World Turns. She was so pretty and her Joyce on ATWT was so different from her Leslie on GL. 's

by Anonymousreply 344September 4, 2018 6:21 PM

Carole Shelley has died. She appeared on a few soaps, most notably as a short term Iris recast when Beverlee fell off a ladder and broke some bones.

I don't remember her appearances but it seems to me some of you said you liked her work?

I didn't know she was on the Odd Couple, either.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 345September 4, 2018 7:09 PM

Shelley was a better Iris than McKinsey and that god awful voice of hers.

by Anonymousreply 346September 4, 2018 7:21 PM

another soap world related death

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 347September 4, 2018 9:56 PM

To me Cady McClain was never Roseanne. It didn't help that I never bought Hunt Block as Craig. One of the biggest problem's with Goutman's ATWT was bringing back characters in name only with recasts we knew from other roles. The absolute worst was Dusty, who talked to John about a grand total of once and resembles the original character exactly zilch.

(And to correct something above...Barbara was burned in a fire at the boat house.)

by Anonymousreply 348September 4, 2018 10:04 PM

Here are some Carole Shelley as Iris scenes from March 1980. The first of the Iris scenes starts at 13:30, but the best is at 18:10, when Iris learns that Janice tried to poison Mac in St. Croix.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 349September 4, 2018 11:12 PM

Shush you kids.....Mama's attending Papa Bauer's memorial service.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 350September 5, 2018 12:40 AM

Aw. As à kid I liked Patrick Clarke as Pat Ryan. I thought he was handsome. Then he was replaced by Malcolm Groome, who I never much cared for. I later found out that Malcolm was Pat previously, and returning to the role. But I missed Patrick.

by Anonymousreply 351September 5, 2018 5:16 AM

Sarah Joy Brown needs to have several seats. She lies about ATWT.

by Anonymousreply 352September 6, 2018 1:37 PM

Say what, r352?

by Anonymousreply 353September 6, 2018 1:38 PM

Lower East Side condo

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 354September 6, 2018 1:45 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 355September 6, 2018 1:45 PM

Centro de Comando Operacional, Porto | Portugal by Cociga ALUCOBOND® ultramarine blue

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 356September 6, 2018 1:48 PM

Hmm, thread notification counts have gone wild again.

by Anonymousreply 357September 6, 2018 2:12 PM

r354-r356 seems to be posting on the wrong thread. I believe he/she wants to be posting on the Post a Photo of Anything Blue thread which is linked below.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 358September 6, 2018 2:19 PM

Thank you, R358. I was wondering why this thread went beserk all of a sudden.

by Anonymousreply 359September 6, 2018 2:21 PM

I believe R352 may be referring to Sarah Joy Brown's claims the Les Moonves fired her from Cold Case and has spent years sabotaging her career.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 360September 6, 2018 2:46 PM

Sarah Brown taking on Vanessa Marcil won’t end well.....for Sarah.

by Anonymousreply 361September 6, 2018 4:05 PM

Who did Sarah Brown play on WT?

by Anonymousreply 362September 6, 2018 4:09 PM

Wasn't she a Julia who wasn't the Julia that went crazy and Jack met when he lost his memory?

by Anonymousreply 363September 6, 2018 9:05 PM

I would have been gone by then, r363. That poor show was so bad for so long.

by Anonymousreply 364September 6, 2018 11:11 PM

Yes, it was weird that they named two separate characters Julia. Thanks, Goutie.

by Anonymousreply 365September 7, 2018 11:49 AM

The two Julia's was part of the plot. Jack had amnesia, but had some vague flashes of his past life.

So, when Julia Larrabee found him, Jack felt somewhat safe with her because he had vaguely remembered being married to a Julia (Lindsey).

by Anonymousreply 366September 7, 2018 1:00 PM

SJB obviously has issues. What a bitter drama queen. She looks foolish with her bitter tweets.

by Anonymousreply 367September 7, 2018 2:08 PM

That was the whole era of ATWT that I just completely blocked out.

by Anonymousreply 368September 7, 2018 2:51 PM

Wasn't Parker also psychic when Jack was missing with amnesia?

by Anonymousreply 369September 7, 2018 3:28 PM

R369

I don't remember him being psychic per se. He didn't say I know where Jack is & if you go there you'll find him.

Parker was adamant that he was alive though.

by Anonymousreply 370September 7, 2018 4:23 PM

I always got douche chills whenever the opening credits showed Tony Reardon doing the karate moves.

by Anonymousreply 371September 7, 2018 5:59 PM

Tony was every blue collar dude I grew up with. Definite douche vibes, but you could tell he had a hot body and was packing a nice big one.

by Anonymousreply 372September 7, 2018 6:09 PM

Terri Conn tweeted this week that she is going to be one of the hosts on QVC.

She said she has to go thru an 8 month orientation/training before you're allowed to be on screen.

by Anonymousreply 373September 7, 2018 7:58 PM

Although clearly he can't compete with THE dong.

by Anonymousreply 374September 7, 2018 8:06 PM

I'm kind of sorry to hear that, r373. Though I (mostly) hated Katie, I thought Teri was a really good actress who just got stuck in a very annoying role. She had great comic timing, and really proved her drama mettle when Brad died. She deserves better.

Speaking of which, her husband, Austin Peck, was a lot better than I expected him to be, too-- for his whole run as Brad. I never had any interest in Brad until Austin lightened him up and made him fun.

by Anonymousreply 375September 8, 2018 2:00 AM

R375 I didn't mind Terri when she first arrived, and agreed she did good work when Brad died, and with Reid.

Most of us just got sick of her character when Katie was the Vagina That Ate Oakdale. I know it wasn't her fault that, for example, Helen Wagner couldn't even get an entire episode to herself let alone a whole week. But she was where all the attention was being channeled to, so.......

by Anonymousreply 376September 8, 2018 2:51 AM

Paul was the one who became psychic, although I think that was after Jack's amnesia story. I had to quit watching for a while because I felt my IQ points were dropping watching such dreck.

I agree with most of the recast comments. I liked Block Hunt, but I always referred to him as "Faux Craig," because he was written so differently and at times, seemed to be channeling W.C. Fields. As for AP, I much preferred the original Brad, who was Jack's OLDER brother and was smoking hot. I hate rewrites of characters to fit the actor, so to make Brad Jack's YOUNGER brother who was a jock, etc., was too much for me. I referred to him as "Faux Brad." I was so happy when he was killed, then pissed off when he came back as a ghost for months on end. Enough!

by Anonymousreply 377September 8, 2018 3:06 AM

Wonder why they wrote out Seth Snyder & the 2 sisters ?

by Anonymousreply 378September 8, 2018 3:10 AM

[quote]Most of us just got sick of her character when Katie was the Vagina That Ate Oakdale.

I know, right?

by Anonymousreply 379September 8, 2018 5:43 AM

[quote]Most of us just got sick of her character when Katie was the Vagina That Ate Oakdale.

Luckily that never happened with my character.

by Anonymousreply 380September 8, 2018 6:06 AM

Or mine.

by Anonymousreply 381September 9, 2018 1:27 PM

Or mine!

by Anonymousreply 382September 10, 2018 2:23 AM

[quote]Carly Tenney Munson Montgomery Hughes Stewart Grimaldi Dixon Snyder Snyder

Did she really? I knew she was the Whore Who Ate Oakdale, but nine husbands (or did she marry Jack twice)?

by Anonymousreply 383September 10, 2018 5:10 AM

Lisa Miller McColl’s snatch stunk!

by Anonymousreply 384September 10, 2018 10:40 AM

No, she didn't marry a Hughes or a Stewart or a Montgomery. Just Hal, John, Brad, and Jack (twice-ish). And Winston Lowe...though that may not have been legal.

by Anonymousreply 385September 10, 2018 1:57 PM

Margaret Colin and Anne Sward fundraising for the American Indian College Fund. They both look fabulous!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 386September 10, 2018 1:57 PM

So, Carly Tenney Lowe Munson Dixon Snyder Snyder?

by Anonymousreply 387September 10, 2018 2:19 PM

R385

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 388September 10, 2018 4:26 PM

WTF was Winston Lowe??

I'm totally blanking on who that is.

by Anonymousreply 389September 11, 2018 12:54 AM

There was no joke for r385 or Superman to miss, r388.

by Anonymousreply 390September 11, 2018 12:57 AM

It gives me a perverse tickle that EB is pissed about his office.

He's such a prick behind the scenes so this is just deserts as far as I'm concerned.

by Anonymousreply 391September 11, 2018 1:01 AM

R390 There was. I was joking when I added many extra names to Carly's name. Because she married a lot.

HA HA

by Anonymousreply 392September 11, 2018 2:49 AM

r392 Oh. Ha.

by Anonymousreply 393September 11, 2018 2:52 AM

And r383 didn't realize it was a joke, so r385 explained it. So your meme was directed at the wrong poster.

by Anonymousreply 394September 11, 2018 12:16 PM

I blame Cecile.

"Did she die?"

"No....she's HERE!"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 395September 11, 2018 4:22 PM

"She's the Queen of Tanquir."

"Well, I'm not so sure about her status....there may have been a spat, or a coup....."

by Anonymousreply 396September 11, 2018 4:27 PM

"Is she sexy?"

"Her legs are too short."

by Anonymousreply 397September 11, 2018 4:33 PM

The entire Anne Heche/Anna Stuart exchange there is GOLD.

As is, literally, any scene ever with Nancy Frangione and Anna Stuart.

Glorious.

by Anonymousreply 398September 11, 2018 4:40 PM

Thanks for posting that. Iris seems to have forgotten that she is the one responsible for turning Cecile into the monster she became.

by Anonymousreply 399September 11, 2018 4:56 PM

Philece Sampler was a better Donna than haggy old Stuart.

by Anonymousreply 400September 11, 2018 5:51 PM

Anna is divine.

by Anonymousreply 401September 11, 2018 9:00 PM

They should take some of Les Moonves' money and start up a few new NYC soaps (or restart GL and ATWT!)

by Anonymousreply 402September 11, 2018 9:56 PM

“Tanqueray” “Tanquir” “...Whatever ...”

by Anonymousreply 403September 11, 2018 10:44 PM

R400 ...oh, honey. No, just no.

by Anonymousreply 404September 11, 2018 10:45 PM

Anna does more with hors d'oeuvres and food business than any other actress I've seen.

Fabulous!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 405September 11, 2018 11:02 PM

The only food I want to discuss is the 10 inch sausage dangling between Grant Aleksander's thighs.

by Anonymousreply 406September 11, 2018 11:09 PM

Did Mark Pinter have as big a schlong as Grant?

by Anonymousreply 407September 11, 2018 11:17 PM

It's thick, girthy and meaty. THE pendulous dongs to end all dongs.

by Anonymousreply 408September 12, 2018 12:03 AM

Trying to remember who Lady Eyes A Buggin says "It's you!" to at the end of this.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 409September 12, 2018 1:09 PM

R409 buries the lede:

Donna to Jake @ 3:19: "Lassiter...it's worse than I thought."

by Anonymousreply 410September 12, 2018 1:20 PM

I didn't think that was Tom Eplin in the car with her at the beginning.

Finding a whole bunch of Lemay 2 era AW's from 1988-89 and they are SO good. Anne Heche was a marvel.

by Anonymousreply 411September 12, 2018 5:52 PM

R411

Anne as Marley & Vicky was just seamless brilliant acting.

Forget the different style of dress,makeup or mannerisms.

You could tell who was Marley/Vicky just by looking at how she used her eyes. Just fucking masterful

by Anonymousreply 412September 12, 2018 8:24 PM

This scene between Heche & Eplin still blows me away.

Marley was always the soft, timid twin but in these scenes she is determined, assertive & filled with seething resignation. Jake had always been slick and tough but in these scenes you see him crumble with shame.

These scenes also stand out because AW let them play without breaking them up via commercials or switching characters. It allowed them to truly resonate.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 413September 14, 2018 2:38 AM

WOW! Thanks for posting that r413. I'd forgotten how incredible Anne Heche could be.

by Anonymousreply 414September 14, 2018 5:17 AM

Anne Heche is terribly underrated. I have liked her in other shows, but sadly after she had very public mental health issues - not to mention a high profile lesbian affair with someone who turned out to be a cunt - she's been kind of a pariah.

by Anonymousreply 415September 14, 2018 2:57 PM

Poor Anne! And I thought the posters on this board have psychological problems? You could never know the type of mental issues she had!!!

by Anonymousreply 416September 14, 2018 3:03 PM

I'm sure Anne's breakdown was more believable than Alice screaming at you when you tried to take her house, right?

by Anonymousreply 417September 14, 2018 3:12 PM

Yes, Anne's breakdown was more believable that Jackie's. Anne's was raw and real. Where's the stark realism that Jackie ever gave to a scene?

by Anonymousreply 418September 14, 2018 5:39 PM

*stares at Jackie*

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 419September 14, 2018 9:55 PM

Ugh. I guess Imgur doesn't work like I thought it would.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 420September 15, 2018 10:59 PM

Finally, the eyes have it

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 421September 15, 2018 11:00 PM

This never gets old. Connie's performance is just mesmerizingly, compellingly insane. There's no other way to describe it. I could watch this over and over and never get tired of it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 422September 16, 2018 1:06 AM

In the unedited version she says “Nancy, if you don’t cut up those credit cards, I’m going to kick you in the cunt”.

by Anonymousreply 423September 16, 2018 1:11 AM

The actress playing Nancy was OK, very solid at times.

But boy she LOOKED like Connie's daughter, for sure.

by Anonymousreply 424September 16, 2018 1:24 AM

Watch it, toots.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 425September 16, 2018 3:00 AM

How in the world was Kim satisfied with Bob's micro-penis after experiencing Nick Andropolous's thick Greek meat?

by Anonymousreply 426September 16, 2018 3:04 AM

Miranda left Bob because of his micro penis.

by Anonymousreply 427September 16, 2018 6:34 AM

Nick was a god.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 428September 16, 2018 1:02 PM

"Break me off a piece of that!"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 429September 16, 2018 1:04 PM

This was my favorite MMT Nick.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 430September 16, 2018 1:13 PM

Kim Stewart Andropolous Hughes had a smelly pussy. For realz.

by Anonymousreply 431September 16, 2018 9:06 PM

I loved Kevin McClatchy. Wish he would have stayed around on GL or on AW.

Somewhere out there he's in a short LGBT movie, one of the stories in Boys' Life, I think it's called. He's the object of affection of a gay man. It's very charming.

by Anonymousreply 432September 17, 2018 4:03 PM

Today is 8 years since the end of ATWT.

Tomorrow will be 9 years since the end of GL.

by Anonymousreply 433September 17, 2018 4:03 PM

OMG.....I love Mac and Rachel but

this is grade A, high level HAM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 434September 17, 2018 5:05 PM

That HAM won Watson an Emmy.

by Anonymousreply 435September 17, 2018 5:07 PM

He was WORKING for it!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 436September 17, 2018 5:15 PM

I hated that storyline. If Lemay was writing it, he would have had Rachel tell Mac almost immediately after she was pregnant that the baby was Mitch's. And that would have created drama, not that stupid trial and Rachel keeping a secret that didn't need to be kept. She fucked Mitch to save Mac's life.

by Anonymousreply 437September 17, 2018 5:16 PM

R434

Turn in both your gay card & your soap loving card.

by Anonymousreply 438September 17, 2018 8:06 PM

R438 I'm the OP of this thread!

I just thought it all rang false. Mac would understand that Rachel was trying to keep him alive during that whole business with Janice and Mitch.

by Anonymousreply 439September 17, 2018 10:31 PM

This was posted on its own thread a few days ago.

Cindy Wilson here.....reminded me a bit of Lisa Brown, which made me connect dots as to why the B52s were asked to be on Guiding Light all those years ago.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 440September 17, 2018 10:32 PM

If you think Watson was bad, how about that awful McInzey and that affected voice of hers? On AW, she always came off as though she were playing the bus and truck production of some Tennessee Williams play. She was probably one of the worst parts of Texas, she didn't even try when she was GL. Just all-around awful and justifiably never won an Emmy.

by Anonymousreply 441September 18, 2018 1:01 AM

McKunty was indeed terrible. I could never stand her. Rest in hell, cunt.

by Anonymousreply 442September 18, 2018 3:07 AM

FFS we get it, r441, you hate Bev. You seem to cut and paste this shit everywhere.

by Anonymousreply 443September 18, 2018 4:17 AM

R443

Just ignore the troll All they want is attention.

by Anonymousreply 444September 18, 2018 8:15 AM

Its name is Spicen.

by Anonymousreply 445September 18, 2018 10:34 AM

Yes, always block the Twitter queens.

by Anonymousreply 446September 18, 2018 12:44 PM

Serial nutjob is psychotic. He got ripped a new one on twitter.

by Anonymousreply 447September 18, 2018 1:02 PM

always!

by Anonymousreply 448September 18, 2018 1:28 PM

The role Drew Dixon, formerly known as Andy Dixon, is now being played by the hunky, non-homely Cameron Mathison.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 449September 18, 2018 2:28 PM

In your dreams, cuntabella.

by Anonymousreply 450September 18, 2018 2:44 PM

r449 genus histrio

by Anonymousreply 451September 18, 2018 2:45 PM

No, Drew Dixon Douche, just no.

by Anonymousreply 452September 18, 2018 9:28 PM

everybody gets high

everybody gets low

Ellen Wheeler didn't know

The right CBS exec to blow

And now we're off the air

Like Ron Raines' fake hair

As tired and as broke

As Kim Zimmer's girdle spoke

ONLY LOVE CAN SAVE THE WORLD, BITCHES!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 453September 19, 2018 5:56 PM

That opening doesn't look as threadbare as it used to, given what soaps look like these days.

by Anonymousreply 454September 19, 2018 6:05 PM

True. Actually outside of a few really bad shots, some of the later scenes near the end were not bad at all.

by Anonymousreply 455September 19, 2018 6:37 PM

One thing, and ONLY one thing, could have saved ATWT and have kept it on the air. Alas...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 456September 19, 2018 6:49 PM

Speaking of GL:

Liz Keifer (Blake) has an ad running for voting against climate change.

Her kids are briefly shown in the ad. Her son looks a tiny bit like a young John Wesley Shipp!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 457September 19, 2018 9:24 PM

McFlimsy's voice was vomit-inducing.

by Anonymousreply 458September 19, 2018 10:27 PM

it's oh

so quiet

by Anonymousreply 459September 24, 2018 12:37 AM

MARY!'

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 460September 25, 2018 2:12 AM

That's Douglass Watson on The Moment of Truth.

by Anonymousreply 461September 26, 2018 12:29 AM

A young Douglass. He was quite handsome even then.

by Anonymousreply 462September 26, 2018 1:20 AM

Honestly, Rachel....THAT outfit?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 463September 26, 2018 11:11 PM

R463

La Bev was so lovely during that time. She looked like porcelain.

by Anonymousreply 464September 27, 2018 12:14 AM

Bev mostly looked amazing.......though there are a few times where her wig game is not quite on point.

by Anonymousreply 465September 27, 2018 4:12 PM

When Ellen Wheeler wore white

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 466September 28, 2018 8:10 PM

This was before my time watching ATWT. Lisa's man here is kinda hot.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 467October 4, 2018 6:32 PM

Hey gals, why don’t we all meet up tomorrow after work at Tops? Martinis are on me.

by Anonymousreply 468October 5, 2018 12:05 AM

I'll be there, looking fabulous as usual.

by Anonymousreply 469October 5, 2018 12:31 AM

This was so awesome.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 470October 6, 2018 1:34 AM

I'm sorry I was late to the gathering at Tops, but I had to remind Pat that Michael and Marrianne have a birthday coming up. She's been forgetful lately, a bit to much merlot these days. But I'm sure its just a passing phase.

And then I overheard Dave Gilcrest talking at the hospital about this blonde doctor he wants to ask out. So, I rushed over to tell Alice since she was likely the one who he was talking about. New romance is so exciting.

Then finally, I saw Russ and Rachel having coffee together and I grew worried. I'm glad they are friends. Not all divorced couples can be. But they seemed just a little too close. Rachel may have changed her ways, but that doesn't mean I want her involved with Russ again. No, I he can do much better for himself. So, I put on my dark glasses and sat at the booth beside them to see if I could hear what they were saying while pretending to read the newspaper,

by Anonymousreply 471October 6, 2018 3:23 AM

Fanny, you drinkin' again?

by Anonymousreply 472October 6, 2018 8:54 AM

R470

That retrospective brings back so many memories. God how I miss Springfield!

by Anonymousreply 473October 6, 2018 3:35 PM

Me too.

by Anonymousreply 474October 7, 2018 9:33 PM

Jenn Landon is a lezzy.

by Anonymousreply 475October 8, 2018 10:59 AM

OMG I never saw this before.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 476October 8, 2018 11:30 AM

H Squares with Kim Zimmer!

by Anonymousreply 477October 8, 2018 11:30 AM

Has anyone seen a scarf?

by Anonymousreply 478October 10, 2018 7:16 PM

Someone at the NYT has decided soap people don't deserve a proper obituary.

No Harding Lemay.

No Peggy McCay.

by Anonymousreply 479October 11, 2018 10:14 PM

In all fairness to the NYT, who the fuck would care about the death of a miserable old crotchety alcoholic like Lemay?

by Anonymousreply 480October 11, 2018 11:02 PM

NYT typically does obits of people who were involved in the theatre world, which Lemay was. Also does obits of NYC based actors regularly.

by Anonymousreply 481October 11, 2018 11:13 PM

That's why I am so puzzled they never did run one of him.

by Anonymousreply 482October 12, 2018 5:12 PM

Unless, of course, he didn't really die.

by Anonymousreply 483October 12, 2018 5:13 PM

Remember when Marie Masters showed her titties in that magazine? People were all up in arms.

by Anonymousreply 484October 13, 2018 10:32 AM

"Remember when Marie Masters showed her titties in that magazine?"

Link please.

by Anonymousreply 485October 13, 2018 1:12 PM

Playboy?

by Anonymousreply 486October 13, 2018 5:07 PM

[quote] "Remember when Marie Masters showed her titties in that magazine?"

Is this another so-and-so clogged the studio toilets thing?

by Anonymousreply 487October 13, 2018 11:52 PM

[quote]In all fairness to the NYT, who the fuck would care about the death of a miserable old crotchety alcoholic like Lemay?

I have no idea if Lemay was an alcoholic or not. But if the NYTimes opted to quit doing obits on people simply because they were crotchety and/or alcoholics, that would drastically reduce the number of show biz obits they did.

by Anonymousreply 488October 14, 2018 1:51 PM

If the New York Times can do an obit of an actress named a Lewis and confuse her with the 1980s OLTL character named a Lewis (played by actress Margaret Klenck), they can certainly do an obit of Harding Lemay.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 489October 14, 2018 1:55 PM

A toast to all the Bay City fans here on DL.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 490October 15, 2018 7:39 AM

R490

I will never not miss AW.

by Anonymousreply 491October 15, 2018 2:08 PM

Posted on the GH thread but had to share here.

I usually find fan created things on YouTube distasteful....especially the ones where they're trying to redo the themes or pretend they are the announcers....But this was funny and kinda clever.

(Some P&G names sprinkled in there.)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 492October 15, 2018 4:32 PM

R490 R491 Me too.

by Anonymousreply 493October 15, 2018 4:32 PM

I had to post my own remembrance....of ME, naturally.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 494October 15, 2018 9:50 PM

The shame of the ATWT/AW crossover is that no one focused on Donna and Lucinda. It would have been great to have these two characters together. They could have saved money on character names because both of them just call everyone "darling."

by Anonymousreply 495October 17, 2018 3:40 AM

OK, this is very very interesting, mostly about AW but ATWT also mentioned.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 496October 17, 2018 2:52 PM

Fascinating story about AW creation. Thanks for posting it.

by Anonymousreply 497October 18, 2018 12:36 AM

R490

Ok, that AW tribute has me all verklempt.! I can't believe it's been 18 years.

A teary Dano in the audience........MARY!

Who was the woman introducing the tribute? She's so familiar to me.

by Anonymousreply 498October 18, 2018 4:49 AM

R498 I believe that's Lynn Leahey, who was the main editor of Soap Opera Digest for a number of years.

She left SOD sometime around 2010ish, I believe - sometime after the whole Carolyn Hinsey debacle (and gossip thread). She would have been the editor in 2000 when this was filmed.

AW deserves a longer reunion, someday.

by Anonymousreply 499October 18, 2018 10:42 PM

[quote] I can't believe it's been 18 years.

19, darling. It's 20 years next June.

by Anonymousreply 500October 18, 2018 10:42 PM

R499

When Leahey left SOD did they make Hinsley Editor?

What was the dealio with Hinsley? She was there for eons then left for a handful of years.

She returned to write her column about 1-2 years ago. Speaking of her column I rarely agree with her. She loves all the characters I hate.

by Anonymousreply 501October 18, 2018 11:25 PM

It's Carolyn HINSEY, not Hinsley.

She was only an associate editor at SOD. She was fired from Soap Weekly and she stopped doing soap stuff for a while.

She's a fat cunt and everyone hates her.

by Anonymousreply 502October 19, 2018 12:51 AM

Carolyn Hinsey is legend (in a very bad way). Anyone have the scoop?

by Anonymousreply 503October 19, 2018 12:55 AM

The day she was fired, one of the old gossip sites had an item on her, and the comment thread generated almost 2000 replies. It turned into a hate fest. It's a lot to read, but some of it is glorious.

Cliff Notes version: No one liked her, she was an unpleasant boss, a total starfucker, and crossed lines with a number of performers, reporting on people who she, at least, thought were her friends, including a few of her pets (Cam Mathison, Thorsten Kaye, and Ricky Paull Goldin, to name a few).

by Anonymousreply 504October 19, 2018 11:34 AM

I remember reading that bash thread. I wish I could remember what site it was on.

It was incendiary & not just about Hinsey.

So much dirt. It was like a gift that kept on giving.

I remember it talked about Stephanie Sloan having a FWB thing going on with Eplin and he gave her herpes.

by Anonymousreply 505October 19, 2018 1:44 PM

The website was called Jossip. The Carolyn Hinsey thread was in August 2008.

The Carolyn thread amassed over 2,000 comments. By the end, the thread got out of hand and was bordering on fan fiction.

But the first several hundred comments (before the general public found it and started posting their fan fic) seemed to be from real insiders, people who worked at Soap Digest or Soap Weekly, talking about some of Carolyn's exploits. There were reports of Carolyn balancing her checkbook in the elevator so her co-workers could see how much money she was making, of Carolyn giving Cameron Matheson blowjobs in her office, of Carolyn interviewing people for jobs and demanding a list of story ideas, then failing to hire the person, but stealing their story ideas. And so much more. Carolyn was a real piece of work. They were calling her The Devil Wears Lane Bryant.

Also talk about Stephanie Sloane (current Digest editor) sleeping with many of the male Days stars when she went to LA to do interviews. Stephanie apparently also dated Tom Eplin and arranged for him to get one of the Soap Digest awards. Reportedly, he also gave her herpes.

Eventually the Jossip thread was taken down. However, someone copied the content and posted it elsewhere.

About a year ago, someone on one of the DL soap threads posted the link to that content. I think it was on either an AMC or OLTL thread. If you really want to see it, you could likely post requests on the the various DL soap threads and someone would probably post the link again.

In the meantime, here is the DL thread from Aug 2008 about the Jossip thread.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 506October 19, 2018 3:07 PM

Back when soaps first started to be talked on DL & we had real insiders the threads here were must read. This was prior to when the fraus found us.

by Anonymousreply 507October 19, 2018 3:34 PM

R506 is right. It was very insidery at first. I knew enough to know that several posters were legit - other staffers from one of the magazines.

It descended into a pile on after that.

One of my contributions was to enter the name "Frank Valentini's overstuffed jockstrap" on one of my posts, a concept which I am delighted to see has lived on here.

There was a poster who created a day in the life of Hinsey. It is probably not all that funny now, but it was riotous at the time.

by Anonymousreply 508October 19, 2018 4:12 PM

[quote] They were calling her The Devil Wears Lane Bryant.

I loved that so, so, SO much.

by Anonymousreply 509October 19, 2018 4:13 PM

Here's the thread in its entirety. All 2,056 comments. I found it on an Archive site.

Its some great reading. Enjoy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 510October 19, 2018 4:20 PM

"Iris Carrington Cory says:

How dreadful that Ms. Hinsey lost her job today. Bitches like us are ALWAYS misunderstood."

Fabulous!

by Anonymousreply 511October 19, 2018 4:23 PM

CAROLYN HINSEY CALENDAR (Part 1) August 13, 2008

6AM: Wake up.

6:01: Eat 11 cupcakes and have a beer.

6:05: Get out of bed.

6:07: Fart long enough and loud enough to loosen paint from walls. Shut off fire extinguisher.

6:11 - Scrape barnacles off private parts. Save later for stew.

6:25: Once every two weeks walk behind a Nissan Sentra through car wash to hose down gargantuan body. Call car wash attendant a worthless piece of trash for having hose me down.

6:50: Eat cold pizza, a calzone, three snickers bars and a fifth of gin. After that, have breakfast.

7AM: Call Asian dry cleaning lady a cunt after picking up clothes.

7:03: Balance checkbook in front of the Today Show window; hope camera catches zeroes. Call Meredith Veira a cunt for not look as pretty as Stephanie and Matt Lauer a faggot for not wanting fat ass.

7:07: Eat a side of ham, a Diet Coke and some vodka.

7:10: Go to Starbucks. Troll Jossip message boards. Post two comments. Eat 21 slices of their yummy lemon cake. Have a cofee sweetened with whiskey. Call Starbucks barrista a short dicked dumb fuck who couldn't find a job at anywhere but Starbucks after informing me that they had no more lemon cake.

7:20: Kick a cat. Call it a cunt.

7:30: Call Lynn, Stephanie and various cohorts to coordinate Jossip game plan. Call Lynn back 120 times when bitch fails to pick up.

7:42: Call Mark Teschner. Call of childhood friend a dumb fuck for complaining it's 4:42AM in Los Angeles. Bitch about how no one will answer calls. Eat a box of crackers and two wine coolers. Tell Teschner if he wasn't a "faggot," would have sucked his gay cock in 11th grade and made a real "man" out of him. Would have been a lady and licked the smegma, too.

10:07AM - Hang up with Mark Teschner.

10:08 - Swing by GL studios in Manhattan. Offer Bradley Cole, Lawrence St. Victor, and Murray Bartlett blow jobs. After they decline, suck off Jamaican security guard from building next door. Then call him a nappy headed coon after swallowing.

10:31 - Post on Jossip.

10:40 - Eat a pound of raw hamburger from Gristedes, drink a half a bottle of wine, and eat a three ears of raw organic corn in the middle of produce section. Call store employees assmunching fucks who'll never get a real job.

11AM - Return home. Go on AARP website to check membership status.

11:03 - Call Brian Frons' office. Call assistant a cunt for not picking up the phone after the first ring. Leave 117th message for Frons.

11:04: Eat roasted chicken, four cans of pork and beans, a german chocolate cake, and a leg of lamb. Beverage: a diet Coke. And a an old fashioned long island ice tea.

11:20: Post on Jossip.

11:46 - Go to Blondie's. Call employees mildly retarded Autistic fucks for letting her knock on door for 10 minutes before letting her inside.

11:47 - Knock back 6 beers, a pina colada, and an Incredible Hulk, with extra Hypnotiq and extra, extra Hennesey. Call Norwegian tourists in for lunch a bunch of stupid foreign fucks who would never be good enough to live in the USA and co-own a fucking sports bar, too.

12:39 - Finish cursing out Norwegian tourists.

12:47 - Put 19 posts on Jossip.

by Anonymousreply 512October 19, 2018 4:28 PM

1:00PM - Leave 47th message for Jill Farren Phelps

1:01 - Leave 164th message for Cameron Mathison.

1:02 - Hang up on Cameron Mathison's wife for 93rd time.

1:04 - Leave 271st message for Thorsten Kaye.

1:07 - Leave 69th message for Barbara Bloom

1:08 - Leave voice mail for Lynn, calling her a backstabbing whore who will get hers when she least expects it and her kids will be left orphans.

1:11 - Leave 19th message for Jamaican guy at building next door to GL studios.

1:13 - Bitch slap a 4th grader.

1:15 - Leave 333rd message for Michael Logan to get back about hook up at TVGuide.com or will release false info about the time Logan impersonated a priest at a Catholic middle school in the mid-80's.

1:19 - Leave 46th message for John Callahan.

1:21 - Leave 77th voice mail for Lauren Koslow.

1:27 - Fart.

1:30 - Lunch.

2PM - Leave 9 posts on Jossip. Check on Lynn and Stephanie's postings. Call them ignorant dick sucking bitches with STD's for not being more convincing.

2:02 - Drink a case of Snapple, eat a gallon of Pathmark brand ice cream, and a whole cheesecake. Top it off with two Jagermeisters. And some gin.

3:03 - Check Monster.com and Jobs.com for responses to resume.

3:03:04 - Cry that no one has responded to resume. Fart. Shut off sprinkler system.

3:15 - Take a shit. Shut off sprinkler system.

3:35 - Receive restraining order from Interlink to stay away from offices in perpetuity.

3:50 - Michelle Stafford takes call after 307th voice mail. The Staff misreads caller ID and immediately hangs up.

3:52 - Storm into Blondies. Call group watching the Olympics a bunch of cornholing faggots and they should pay for watching the games on the part of the big screen tv's that are owned or eat her out.

4:20 - Check personals ad on Craigslist. No responses.

4:22 - Leave 134th message for Chris Goutman.

4:23 - Leave 92nd message for Agnes Nixon.

4:26 - Take train to Peapack, New Jersey to find Ellen Wheeler.

8:40 - Return having not found Ellen Wheeler. Call New Jersey Transit workers short dicked cunts.

9:10 - Post 16 times on Jossip.

9:21 - Receive restraining order from Mrs. Cameron Mathison, Mrs. Thorsten Kaye, and Mr. and Mr. Ricky Paull Goldin.

9:30 - Order 7 Dominoes pizzas with various toppings. Eat whole meatloaf, a tub of mashed potatoes, half gallon of gravy, three cans of tuna, a jar of grape jelly, four Pillsbury Oven Fresh microwavable biscuits, and a bottle of Jack Daniels with a splash of Coke.

9:51 - Pizzas arrive. Call delivery guy a nasty little spic who should suck on her massive titties for being late and threaten to get him fired from he only job he was qualified or would ever get if he doesn't let her suck on his Mexican cock. When informed he's Armenian, exclaim that the dick at least won't taste like tacos and chimichangas. Slam door dramatically when delivery guy leaves after turning her down.

10:01 - After polishing off pizzas, post on Jossip.

10:20 - Begin calling and leaving messages for every producer, actor, and daytime executive. For the 5th day in a row. Hope for a response.

11:41 - Phone rings. It's an automated message from ConEd to pay overdue electric bill.

11:47 - Look out window, see Armenian pizza delivery guy leaving building. Yells down to crowded street that he has a little cock and a lady like her would not have enjoyed sucking it anyway.

Midnight - Dinner.

by Anonymousreply 513October 19, 2018 4:30 PM

I'm SCREAMING!!! LOL

by Anonymousreply 514October 19, 2018 5:46 PM

Worth a dig on a cold/rainy day, for sure. Some good gossip!

I don't know how she got back into Digest. And reading that thread reminds me that Alan Carter was the originator of It's Only My Opinion. That bitch stole EVERYTHING.

by Anonymousreply 515October 19, 2018 6:00 PM

Alan Carter certainly had lots to share about Carolyn on that Jossip site. Seemed to be having a therapy session getting all the things she did to him off his chest. But he sure endured a lot from her. Calling around LA looking for Alan and suggesting he was out doing drugs in an effort to ruin his reputation and good name with soap people. She was a piece of work.

by Anonymousreply 516October 19, 2018 6:23 PM

Alan is a nice guy, too. That fat cunt!

by Anonymousreply 517October 19, 2018 6:24 PM

Nancy Frangione (Cecile) disappeared seemingly from the face of the Earth after 1996. Hmmm..........

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 518October 21, 2018 9:01 PM

To this day, I have never understood why TPTB at AW lured her back to the show full time in 1995, then refused to put her on contact and unceremoniously wrote her off the show in 1996... Cass marrying Cecile would have made so much more sense in the finale, than Cass marrying Lila.

by Anonymousreply 519October 22, 2018 10:58 PM

Show should have moved heaven and earth to keep Nancy Frangione in the 1980s.

If they couldn't persuade her to stay in 1984, then at least have moved that mountain during one of her returns in 1986 or 1989. Should have given Nancy whatever it took to keep her.

If anyone was worthy of getting helicopter rides to work from Vermont, it was Nancy Frangione, not Jensen Buchanan.

by Anonymousreply 520October 22, 2018 11:11 PM

R520

You better PREACH !!

by Anonymousreply 521October 23, 2018 12:47 AM

Testify, R520!

I could watch Donna and Cecile scenes all day.

by Anonymousreply 522October 23, 2018 1:31 AM

I will forever say fuck you Serial Asshole Nutjob!

by Anonymousreply 523October 23, 2018 2:17 AM

I'm clutching my pearls for Kim as we speak.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 524October 24, 2018 2:43 PM

Where are the Zsa Zsa Gabor scenes? I remember her having scenes with James Stenbeck and Miranda Marlowe.

by Anonymousreply 525October 25, 2018 9:57 AM

meow.

by Anonymousreply 526October 26, 2018 5:41 PM

Aunt Liz, shouldn't you be meddling in someone's affairs?

by Anonymousreply 527October 29, 2018 7:50 PM

Go away Serial Sicko Nutjob! Asshole.

by Anonymousreply 528October 29, 2018 8:21 PM

[quote]Aunt Liz, shouldn't you be meddling in someone's affairs?

Well, I am, dear. Constantly. I can meddle and post on DL too. I'm a 21st Century gal. I know how to multi-task.

Speaking of which, I'm worried about Alice. She has been seeing that nice Dave Gilchrest, but I think he really has a crush on Rachel. I would hate to see Alice get her heart broken again. She can only take so much tragedy in her life. I think we should set Alice up with that handsome Cass Winthrop.

by Anonymousreply 529October 30, 2018 7:56 AM

Cass is a virile man. He has needs, needs Alice can't meet.

WHERE is the blow job she's ever given him?

by Anonymousreply 530October 31, 2018 10:00 PM

Asshole Serial Nutcase is off his meds. Fuck you forever, asshole.

by Anonymousreply 531October 31, 2018 10:09 PM

r530 Mom, Don't worry about Cass. Yes, he's a virile man. I've been taking good care of his needs.

by Anonymousreply 532October 31, 2018 10:28 PM

Heeee heee heeee heeee heeeeee *snort*

by Anonymousreply 533October 31, 2018 10:36 PM

Jamie always swallows, like a good neighbor.

by Anonymousreply 534October 31, 2018 10:51 PM

Philece Sampler was THE Donna Love that I remember. I just adored Philece. She was the TRUE Donna Love. I heart her forever and ever.

by Anonymousreply 535October 31, 2018 11:27 PM

Rhonda Lewin was playing Vicky when I first started watching AW. She's the one I related to and loved. Rhonda is THE Vicky Hudson in my mind.

by Anonymousreply 536October 31, 2018 11:42 PM

I know my memory is faulty but didn't Cass come to Bay City a good 10 years after Alice left?

by Anonymousreply 537November 1, 2018 12:28 AM

Yes, your memory is faulty.

Cass came to Bay City on July 21, 1982, according to the Another World Home Page.

Alice, as portrayed by Linda Borgeson, left Bay City on Sept 15, 1982.

Jacqueline Courtney reprised the role for a year, starting in May 1984. Her return was part of the 20th anniversary celebration. She also returned for visits in 1989 for the Brava 25th anniversary celebration and for Mac's funeral.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 538November 1, 2018 7:40 AM

I always wanted to lick Maureen Garrett’s snatch.

by Anonymousreply 539November 1, 2018 10:27 AM

Cass is my first uncut friend.

by Anonymousreply 540November 1, 2018 1:25 PM

Sigh.

by Anonymousreply 541November 5, 2018 1:33 PM

A fun ATWT factoid.

I worked on the show in the early 90s. During the summer, when there was pressure to capture the high school/college viewers, the network dictate was to open each episode with youth or Lucinda. Yes, she tested through the roof with young viewers. No other adult character came close.

by Anonymousreply 542November 6, 2018 10:30 AM

R542 I remember reading something online from Sam Ford, who was a researcher at one of the big universities (Yale?) and also a big soap fan.

He taught a class on ATWT and had, you know, fifty twentysomethings watching and analyzing the show, and down to a person, their favorite character was Lucinda. Margo landed on a few students' radar as well.

I think that may have been part of why Luke was so popular. Sure, he was Lily's son, etc. But the audience saw him through Lucinda and Holden's eyes, too. And we all know if an actor could survive ad libs with Liz Hubbard, they were pretty damn good!

by Anonymousreply 543November 6, 2018 12:07 PM

"I worked on the show in the early 90s. During the summer, when there was pressure to capture the high school/college viewers, the network dictate was to open each episode with youth or Lucinda. Yes, she tested through the roof with young viewers. No other adult character came close."

This doesn't surprise me at all. I was obsessed with her and her romance with John when I was still in my teens!

by Anonymousreply 544November 6, 2018 1:04 PM

Darlings!

by Anonymousreply 545November 6, 2018 1:55 PM

Based on my research, the college-aged viewers loved them some Lily. The teenaged girls all wanted to have a best friend like Lily, and the slightly older gals respected her for her brains. While the teenaged boys all wanted a girlfriend like Lily, who would fuck any dude she met in a barn, while the young gay boys wanted to be Lily, getting double penetrated by Dusty and Holden.

by Anonymousreply 546November 7, 2018 7:11 AM

^^

Speaking of Lily I just re-watched the story of Lily learning she was Iva & Josh's child. My God! Martha was simply awful. She chewed every bit of scenery while Lisa & William were perfection.

I wanted someone to throat punch Lily. Back then it wasn't one & done. The director should've told Martha to dial it down by at least 100. She was so laughable I don't know how Lisa/William stayed in character.

by Anonymousreply 547November 7, 2018 12:55 PM

Disagree totally. She was great in those scenes. I hated Lily pouting all summer long after that, though. A little of that went a long way.

by Anonymousreply 548November 7, 2018 2:23 PM

I remember a girl in my HS who loved Holden and Dusty.

She told us one day in study hall she wanted to fuck them both.

At the same time? one of the other girls asked.

Sure! she said.

How? Girl 2 asked.

I'll fart and make room! was her reply. We all fell off our chairs laughing.

by Anonymousreply 549November 7, 2018 3:28 PM

R548

Have you watched it recently? She was screaming & shrieking through the entire scenes. So OTT.

by Anonymousreply 550November 7, 2018 5:45 PM

R510, wasn’t that thread titled “The Devil Wears Lane Bryant”?

by Anonymousreply 551November 7, 2018 10:49 PM

"Speaking of Lily I just re-watched the story of Lily learning she was Iva & Josh's child. My God! Martha was simply awful. She chewed every bit of scenery while Lisa & William were perfection."

Disagree. It was quite appropriate for a girl who had just heard that her father figure-- Craig-- might have died in a plane crash to be "OTT," but then to hear this on top of it? Who wouldn't lose it? When Lily turned to Iva and cried, "You were my BEST FRIEND," it just broke my heart. All three actors were fabulous.

by Anonymousreply 552November 7, 2018 10:59 PM

I thought Martha was great as teen Lily. As she aged, you could see her acting. (When she played that sister or whatever she was, with the wig and the cheesy accent, it was embarrassing.)

by Anonymousreply 553November 7, 2018 11:47 PM

[quote] wasn’t that thread titled “The Devil Wears Lane Bryant”

It got that nickname, yes. Someone in the thread called Hinsey the Cow that and it took off.

I'm very shocked she's still around, but I think she's doing the weekly column for basic rates. I don't know what the bitch does for a real job. Is she still head waitress at Blondies?

by Anonymousreply 554November 7, 2018 11:50 PM

R554

She also writes for Closer Magazine.

by Anonymousreply 555November 7, 2018 11:58 PM

Josh and Beth from GL have small parts in the last season of House Of Cards.

by Anonymousreply 556November 8, 2018 5:50 AM

Martha confirmed that poor Liz has dementia. Sad.

by Anonymousreply 557November 8, 2018 8:15 AM

Ugh, one of the sharpest, smartest women who ever lived! So sorry to hear that. I have worshiped La Hubbard for so, so long. Truly my favorite actress ever.

by Anonymousreply 558November 8, 2018 1:25 PM

Can I ask where she confirmed it, r557, because I was just on Martha's Twitter page and she didn't say anything about it there.

by Anonymousreply 559November 8, 2018 1:28 PM

R557

Yes where did you hear that?

by Anonymousreply 560November 8, 2018 3:51 PM

I think R557 is full of shit - it's Spicen or Serial, one of those two demented Twitter queens who post here.

The same one who says things like "Eileen Fulton clogged the CBS studio toilets!" and other musings of a sad, sick bitch.

by Anonymousreply 561November 8, 2018 7:17 PM

I hate to be the one to tell them....but they betta reinforce that fucking chair, or it's gonna be a pile of toothpicks after La Giddens takes that throne.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 562November 9, 2018 2:50 PM

Holy fuk! Queen Jamey will never get her ass in that chair and if by chance Queen J did fit her fat ass in it, it would collapse! Obviously that is just for show and not for sitting. Gurl needs to lay off the mac & cheese and cheesy grits.

by Anonymousreply 563November 9, 2018 3:30 PM

So after several seasons of doing the lesbitastic scene on the California coast. "Venice" appears to be turning into Guiding Light Lite for its next season.

The Zim and Jerry ver Dorn are slated to appear, and I think Robert Newman is, too.

They are shakin' that tin cup for crowdfunding donations!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 564November 9, 2018 9:29 PM

The funniest exchange ever was watching John Wesley Shipp shut down the bully Serial Nutcase on twitter. HWS called out Serial Asshole for being a bully and sitting behind his computer attempting to bully everyone. JWS did not put up with any of Serial Asshole Nutcase’s bullshit!!!!! It was hysterical!! We talked about it in our DM group. It was classic!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 565November 10, 2018 9:24 AM

Hopefully they have a separate budget to fund the "Kim Zimmer 'I'm Not A Drunk, I Just Drink Twelve Glasses of Wine A Day" Craft Services and Wine Fund."

by Anonymousreply 566November 10, 2018 12:22 PM

I am a huge Zimmer fan. I just loved her on GL and would love to see her act again.

However, I saw a video a couple months ago with her family celebrating her son becoming a dad.

My God! She looks really bad. It really wounded me how she's let herself go.. She looked downright svelte at the end of GL compared to how she looks now.

It's unfathomable to me that someone could let themselves go when they were so sexy. Yes, I know menopause can add some weight but she's crazy big now.

by Anonymousreply 567November 10, 2018 12:32 PM

This was Zimmer about a year ago.

I think she's relatively short and any weight gain just makes her face and torso look very boxy. I know she's in her mid 60s and I have no delusions that she should look like she did in 1988, but I do worry about her and about JvD, who has ballooned as well. (With him, I wonder if it's steroids from his cancer fights.)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 568November 10, 2018 12:36 PM

Meanwhile, Robert Newman seems to get HOTTER as he ages.

by Anonymousreply 569November 10, 2018 1:01 PM

R569 Yes, he does!

by Anonymousreply 570November 10, 2018 1:07 PM

Damn that Harley (as a character).

She had a veritable A-list of prime dong: Phillip's pendulous dong, as well as Mallet's meat, Josh's dangler and Alan-Michael's pocket python.

by Anonymousreply 571November 11, 2018 5:16 PM

Who's Tweeting this account and asking him if he's still looking for Lenore's scarf?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 572November 11, 2018 9:51 PM

r571 Harley also got a steady taste of Gus's snake.

by Anonymousreply 573November 11, 2018 10:33 PM

R573 Yes, but we were talking about the HOT dudes she'd fucked!

Gus the k.d. lang lookalike was never hot to me.

by Anonymousreply 574November 11, 2018 11:39 PM

Hotness and sexiness are a matter of taste.

I found RPG incredibly sexy on GL. That's an amazing statement given that I did not care for him on AW. I think he grew into his looks and sexiness and was gorgeous by the time he got to Springfield. But others will disagree.

by Anonymousreply 575November 11, 2018 11:58 PM

I loathed his character and the way Gus ate the show so by default I just never saw him as attractive, I suppose.

And I never saw the fuss re: Gus and Harley. I thought they had zero sum chemistry, and I thought he compromised her strength and intelligence in ways that none of her other on-screen partners ever did.

by Anonymousreply 576November 12, 2018 1:53 PM

But Aunt Liz, you are right. It's a matter of perspective.

by Anonymousreply 577November 12, 2018 1:53 PM

R576

All I remember about Gus/Harley was the risque sex scene they had against a wall.

It started with both standing but eventually Gus crouched down while going down on her.

by Anonymousreply 578November 12, 2018 4:01 PM

Aunt Liz is an icon.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 579November 12, 2018 4:03 PM

[quote]I loathed his character and the way Gus ate the show so by default I just never saw him as attractive, I suppose.

Aren't you confusing Gus with Jeffrey O'Neil?

Yes Gus got extra screen time when they decided to keep him in town and connect him to the Spauldings.

But that doesn't even remotely compare to the way Jeffrey O'Neil ate the show upon arrival. Suddenly this character with no connection to anyone in town was the center of the show. Everything revolved around him. Every woman was throwing herself at him, men were kowtowing to him.

The character was repulsive. But then, I didn't care for yawn-inducing, milquetoast Prince Richard either. As a result, I never found Bradley Cole attractive

by Anonymousreply 580November 13, 2018 12:19 AM

Gus was the only good thing that came out of Claire Labine's year-long reign as HW.

by Anonymousreply 581November 13, 2018 12:21 AM

Fuck you Retard Serial No Friends. Asshole.

by Anonymousreply 582November 13, 2018 2:32 AM

R580 I loathed him too, for many of the same reasons.

You're right that Jeffrey ate the show on an even grander scale. Both of them were assholes. But that was the whole point, to make GL cool and hip by having these manly dudes around. It was working on GH, et al so GL needed it too.

R581, I kinda see your point, because I thought Gus was OK in his first few months. It was only what he was turned into once Claire left that made me loathe him.

by Anonymousreply 583November 13, 2018 2:57 AM

I saw that REBECCA is being remade (with Lily James and Armie, no less).

I always think of Quint, Nola and Mrs. Renfield.....an obvious riff on that story.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 584November 15, 2018 11:46 PM

I worship Lisa Brown. She was the Daytime Queen of Suffering.

by Anonymousreply 585November 15, 2018 11:53 PM

And her characters scored some very, very fine cock.

Lisa was never just the typical soap frau. She may not have had the traditional beauty pageant look, but she was a very stunning woman, and Nola, at least in the beginning, had a real offbeat vibe.

She was one of those characters that the audience could really identify with, see themselves in her struggle.

by Anonymousreply 586November 16, 2018 2:16 AM

I always wanted Mrs Renfield’s hairdo.

by Anonymousreply 587November 16, 2018 9:38 AM

I was referenced in another thread, darlings!

by Anonymousreply 588November 17, 2018 2:26 AM

Fascinating list of the longest running soap actors.

Lots of P&G stars on this list of American actors, with Don Hastings, Helen Wagner and Eileen Fulton at the top of the list.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 589November 18, 2018 2:18 PM

I know that for a time Don Hastings was the longest running actor in a show anywhere.

I believe he was eventually bypassed by William Roache from Coronation Street.

by Anonymousreply 590November 18, 2018 3:45 PM

Helen would have been had she not been written off in the early 80s.

by Anonymousreply 591November 19, 2018 1:25 AM

It's that time of year again....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 592November 20, 2018 12:07 AM

And in Springfield.....

(yes, it's a later one, but MARY STUART!)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 593November 20, 2018 12:08 AM

Turkey and the Hubbard squash!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 594November 20, 2018 12:11 AM

John Wesley Shipp still looks damn good in a suit.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 595November 20, 2018 2:11 PM

JWS handed Serial Nutcase his balls. Funniest tweets ever. Serial Nutjob bullies people and JWS called him out for it. Hysterical.

by Anonymousreply 596November 20, 2018 2:41 PM

This thread's about to end, and since things have been slow....maybe it's time to take a break for a while.

Lifting my champagne glass to you all.

by Anonymousreply 597November 21, 2018 3:47 PM

And some popcorn, too.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 598November 21, 2018 3:51 PM

May your journeys always be filled with light and love, darlings.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 599November 21, 2018 3:51 PM

and keep spinning....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 600November 21, 2018 3:53 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!