Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Celebrities you suspect might have a with mental illness

It's really hard to understand mental illness until you actually go through it. These days, it's much more common to have a mental health disorder and even though it's so common, the stigma is what keeps people from admitting how they're feeling.

Mental illness comes in a ton of different forms and severity. But the main thing is that mental illness doesn't discriminate. Even the richest person on earth could be the most depressed, and they have every right to be. You don't need an reason to feel anxious or depressed–if you have a mental health disorder, there doesn't have to be a reason.

To some, it might be shocking that celebrities seem to have everything yet come clean and talk about their struggles. However, it's definitely not a secret that celebrities are some of the most depressed.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 438June 21, 2021 5:26 AM

Kathy Griffin has borderline personality disorder. Not really mental illness, but a disorder. I don't suspect this, I know this.

Jon Hamm seems to struggle with depression, but I think he's talked about it. I would have suspected it nonetheless.

by Anonymousreply 1July 13, 2018 9:23 PM

Wouldn't this explain half the "stars" of YouTube?

by Anonymousreply 2July 13, 2018 9:24 PM

Johnny Depp & Lena Dunham

by Anonymousreply 3July 13, 2018 9:25 PM

After posting David Arquette staged slap, I began watching his mannerisms he appears to have bipolar traits.

by Anonymousreply 4July 13, 2018 9:26 PM

Sean Hannity

by Anonymousreply 5July 13, 2018 9:32 PM

Heather Locklear

by Anonymousreply 6July 13, 2018 9:32 PM

You know, in the long run I don't think being an actor is that healthy for your mind. Especially for method actors like Jared Leto. But then I believe a lot of actors choose to be actors to run away from their own inner demons.

by Anonymousreply 7July 13, 2018 9:33 PM

R7 agree. They get to be their alter personality for a few months.

by Anonymousreply 8July 13, 2018 9:34 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9July 13, 2018 9:36 PM

R9 what... definitely he is sane.

by Anonymousreply 10July 13, 2018 9:37 PM

A lot of them, maybe all of them.

by Anonymousreply 11July 13, 2018 9:38 PM

Wouldn't you have to be mentally ill to chose work pretending to be some else?

by Anonymousreply 12July 13, 2018 9:41 PM

all of them.

only the mentally ill would seek out that much scrutiny.

by Anonymousreply 13July 13, 2018 9:42 PM

Michael, Janet, Jermaine, and LaToya

by Anonymousreply 14July 13, 2018 9:46 PM

^exactly, R13. No sane person would want to be a "celebrity". Those who reach the status of celebrity for a fluke more than ruthless ambition become mentally ill later due to the horrible experience.

by Anonymousreply 15July 13, 2018 9:47 PM

Dylan Farrow. Sorry, she seems obsessive and off mentally.

by Anonymousreply 16July 13, 2018 10:43 PM

A certain woman who DL won't let me name. She's a bald professional victim who is friends with Asia Argento. Textbook borderline.

by Anonymousreply 17July 13, 2018 10:45 PM

Will Ferrell and Cheri Oteri from SNL have always seemed 'off' to me, like they are one second from just snapping, ripping their clothes off and jumping into the nearest body of water. Add Kristen Wiig to that list. They have loco eyes.

by Anonymousreply 18July 13, 2018 11:01 PM

Darrell Hammond

by Anonymousreply 19July 13, 2018 11:18 PM

Why's everybody looking at me?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20July 13, 2018 11:23 PM

I have a slight thing for Vincent D'Nofofrio who used to be on Law and Order Criminal Intent, he was a super cute slightly husky Italian hunk. I looked him up on Twitter after a few beverages one night and then forgot about it. I guess he doesn't tweet often, but once in a while there'll be a super bizarre post from him on Twitter when I log in. He's clearly not playing with a full deck. It's scratch your head weird.

The irony is he played a somewhat mentally unstable character on the show which I thought was great acting. Apparently not.He was super hot back in the day though in my defense, in a big beefy guy way.

Not really that famous, but this thread remInded me of him.

by Anonymousreply 21July 13, 2018 11:25 PM

r17 I would have guessed narcissistic personality disorder for the bald one. What makes you think she's borderline?

by Anonymousreply 22July 13, 2018 11:27 PM

Like mother, like daughter, R16

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23July 13, 2018 11:38 PM

R22 A number of things but mainly her extreme rage and devaluing of people who she thinks "betrayed her". See her public lashouts at former friends such as Alyssa Milano. She also threw her manager under the bus by blaming her for the whole Weinstein thing, when in fact the manager tried to help her. The woman she scapegoated publicly wound up committing suicide. She sees herself as the world's biggest victim, while being oblivious to others pain, common among borderlines.

by Anonymousreply 24July 13, 2018 11:58 PM

When I watch Fox News sometimes I wonder whether a lot of the talking heads are mentally ill, stupid, sell outs in all three.

by Anonymousreply 25July 13, 2018 11:59 PM

R20 No you're wrong! Diana was a chaste, pure of heart maiden devoid of any guile. She was destroyed by evil Charles and Camilla who MADE her call the paparazzi daily, throw herself down flights of stairs, and fuck all those married men and stalk their wives. She truly was the people's Princess.

by Anonymousreply 26July 14, 2018 12:03 AM

Winona Ryder and Angelina Jolie both have borderline personality disorder. (Jolie has admitted it, and Ryder has implied it.) So did Princess Diana. I would guess Roseanne has it too, although she has a whole host of mental issues.

I am certain Lena Dunham has narcissistic personality disorder, if not BPD. President Trump of course also has NPD or BPD.

Most celebrities are narcissists of one kind or another.

by Anonymousreply 27July 14, 2018 12:03 AM

Asia Argento

Lady Gaga

Nancy Grace

by Anonymousreply 28July 14, 2018 12:05 AM

Keith Olbermann

by Anonymousreply 29July 14, 2018 12:06 AM

Erika Sleezak

by Anonymousreply 30July 14, 2018 12:13 AM

Any actress famous for large, fake breasts, e.g., Pamela Anderson, Jenny McCarthy.

by Anonymousreply 31July 14, 2018 12:17 AM

All three, R25!

by Anonymousreply 32July 14, 2018 12:21 AM

Mel Gibson

Ryan O'Neil

Sean Penn

Charlize Theron

Alec Baldwin

by Anonymousreply 33July 14, 2018 12:24 AM

Susan Sarandon

by Anonymousreply 34July 14, 2018 12:26 AM

Everyone in politics, too.

by Anonymousreply 35July 14, 2018 12:28 AM

Angelina Jolie, Vincent D'Onofrio and Jared Padalecki

by Anonymousreply 36July 14, 2018 12:28 AM

and all the fans

by Anonymousreply 37July 14, 2018 12:29 AM

R33 yes to all those you listed. Also, I could totally see Charlize pulling a Hart Family Vacation on those two drag queen kids of hers.

by Anonymousreply 38July 14, 2018 12:32 AM

Demi Moore

by Anonymousreply 39July 14, 2018 12:32 AM

Cripin Glover is the first name that came to mind. And anybody who saw Robert Blake on The Tonight Show back in the 70s-80s knows he has issues.

by Anonymousreply 40July 14, 2018 12:38 AM

Most celebrities that are on social media I suspect have a mental illness; I don't mean the accounts that are managed by an assistant, either. The sane celebrities tend to stay away from social media so they can have privacy and shut off from work. As others have said, I believe that in the spotlight you start developing a mental illness, or possibly making a masked one worse, by having to feel like you have to perform like a monkey 24/7 and everything you do and say is scrutinised as if you represent someone other than yourself. I would not want that life but if I somehow ended up there I would not be using social media, at least not publicly.

by Anonymousreply 41July 14, 2018 12:48 AM

Chris Matthews, definitely.

by Anonymousreply 42July 14, 2018 12:55 AM

I think....Rosie O’donnel might be a tad....unhinged.

by Anonymousreply 43July 14, 2018 12:56 AM

Trump obviously has pathological narcissism personality disorder

by Anonymousreply 44July 14, 2018 12:59 AM

Nicole Kidman

Steven Spielberg

Bob Geldof

by Anonymousreply 45July 14, 2018 1:00 AM

Tarantino, considering the recent Daddy Issues reveal.

by Anonymousreply 46July 14, 2018 1:01 AM

Randy Quaid

by Anonymousreply 47July 14, 2018 1:01 AM

What do you guys mean by "mental illness?" Are you talking about people having depression, anxiety, etc."? Or people who are just straight up cray cray (as in saying, thinking and doing things with no rhyme or reason)?

If you mean cray cray, then Alex Jones, for sure. And no, I don't think it's all an act. Some of it is, obviously, but most of it isn't.

People who become the character they started playing, like Andrew Dice Clay and Daniel Lawrence Whitney (Larry the Cable Guy).

Andy Dick, who comes across as a genuinely tortured human being. No, I'm not sympathetic towards him at all. It's just that some people are assholes because they're full of themselves and narcissistic. His assholery seems to come more from self-loathing and hypersensitivity, like he was bullied as a kid. His take down of Chris Kattan was so histrionic. It spoke volumes.

by Anonymousreply 48July 14, 2018 1:04 AM

I might be going out on a limb here, but maybe Joan Crawford?

by Anonymousreply 49July 14, 2018 1:07 AM

Her first name is Rose and that's all I need to say! One of the worst.

by Anonymousreply 50July 14, 2018 1:09 AM

I agree that Rose Is probably borderline. Possibly PTSD as well.

by Anonymousreply 51July 14, 2018 1:11 AM

O.J. Simpson. Murder charges and using violence to break in a building to get his trophies back. And shows no remorse. Scary.

by Anonymousreply 52July 14, 2018 1:11 AM

Thomas Gibson. Granted he was on a show with someone who should be on drugs, but is not. Something about Mr. Gibson is just off.

by Anonymousreply 53July 14, 2018 1:17 AM

Angelina Jolie is right up there. Always wearing black for the slimming effect even though she's way too thin in the first place.

Has a messiah complex about adopting children from all over the world.

Having her feminine organs, breasts and ovaries removed.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 54July 14, 2018 1:18 AM

Almost all of them? Some are very obvious like Roseanne, and like R41 said some of it is obvious, and some they try to keep quiet about via PR.

by Anonymousreply 55July 14, 2018 1:18 AM

Anne Heche.

by Anonymousreply 56July 14, 2018 1:19 AM

Ellen.

by Anonymousreply 57July 14, 2018 1:21 AM

Kirk Cameron. Used to be so cute and popular but joined a batshit crazy strict religion and has now become homophobic and anti-common sense, period.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 58July 14, 2018 1:21 AM

Ellen DeGeneres

by Anonymousreply 59July 14, 2018 1:22 AM

Zosia Mamet and her "husband" she is bearding for.

by Anonymousreply 60July 14, 2018 1:24 AM

Jim Carrey. He idolized and based his shtick on Jerry Lewis, another mentally sick dude.

by Anonymousreply 61July 14, 2018 1:25 AM

The obvious, Donald Trump. Massive ego and irrational. And always channeling his inner teenage boy. It's frightening to have him as President, to put it mildly.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 62July 14, 2018 1:26 AM

Tarantino

Tom Sizemore

Jared Padalecki

Marilyn Manson

Julianna Margulies

by Anonymousreply 63July 14, 2018 1:27 AM

Definitely more celebrities with some form of mental illness than without.

by Anonymousreply 64July 14, 2018 1:27 AM

Woody Allen. Married his girlfriend's teenage daughter and seems to have a thing, period, for young ladies. Very creepy guy - even looks it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 65July 14, 2018 1:29 AM

There are certain behavioral /chronic traits in the people who seek public life and affirmation. The performing arts is terribly subjective and many in the field act out desperate traits. A reason not to worship or NEED to be entertained...just appreciate art and the performing arts.

by Anonymousreply 66July 14, 2018 1:30 AM

Alec Baldwin is not crazy. Just grouchy.

by Anonymousreply 67July 14, 2018 1:44 AM

Well, she denies it, but I still think...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 68July 14, 2018 1:48 AM

R67, just grouchy?

by Anonymousreply 69July 14, 2018 1:49 AM

No, he is crazy. The wife is, too.

by Anonymousreply 70July 14, 2018 1:51 AM

R68 Actually, Patty Duke the actress was bipolar.

by Anonymousreply 71July 14, 2018 2:04 AM

Marty Ingels.

by Anonymousreply 72July 14, 2018 2:08 AM

The clear winner. Actress Frances Farmer had so many problems that it would be difficult to list all of them. They destroyed her acting career and for awhile, her life. She was placed twice in a dreadful insane asylum. She was a Magdalene who drank deeply at the well of insanity and horrific problems.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 73July 14, 2018 2:10 AM

Chris Brown, Cardi B Johnny Depp Elon Musk David Duchovny Charlie fucking Sheen Tyrese Funky Dineva ( youtube "celebrity") T S madison ( too capable of going from 0-1000 took many times. I used to like them, but it became obvious. And their fans aint too" righted" either) Lily Allen 50 Cent Larry Clark Kate Hudson Nikki Minaj Miley Cyrus Not mentioned are the ones that are usually considered "crazy" like Mr Cruise and the other usual suspects. The ones that I have mentioned apart from Charlie Sheen are usually refereed to as anything apart from obviously mentally ill. I have always , since her first single suspected that Lily Allen is long term mentally ill. Larry Clark obviously has issues. 50 Cent is the epitome of "mad people in clean clothes". Kate Hudson seems to have no sense of shame, perspective or self awareness to a degree that would have her on the outs with a lot of people if she wasn't "Hollywood". Even her previously strung out ex husband has long time fixed up his issues without having to tart himself before any and any camera flash. Miley comes from familial crazy. Nikki Minaj won't lay off dem drugs to the point that she is enabling dibby people to out manoeuvre her in the game. I don't feel that Charlie Sheen's crazy is talked about enough. As you look on Funky Dineva the crazy pours through the screen. That one is under some drug smorgasbord plus a personality disorder. I won't pray for him, hateful bitch. Cardi B must be mad to invest her life with an equally talentless mug with less "charisma " than her and children scattered about. Plus she can't speak in any of her two languages. Crazy , rich simp! Elon Musk; all fur coat and no knickers crazy. Put Mark Zukenberg ( sp) in that category as well , except that he has a few pairs of drawers. David Duchovny; withered, veiny and not aware of how he looks with his nubile, young lady by his side. A long term sex addict always ends up looking the worst type of tired there is. Old time people used to say; "he/she is wearing their cocky/pussy on their forehead". Aint no lotion in the world that can smooth out that physical disposition. Only a long cocky or pussy rest from indiscriminate shenanigans for a smooth year can do any magic. Better to look tired by poverty combined with hard wor like most of the world, eventually. Tyrese needs to get down on his knees and thank the Lord for the legacy of white racism. That is the only thing that he can hide his crazy behind. He knows if he hitches, all the idiots will come out with "you can't drag a brother down". My black arse wants to fuck him up every time I see his image. Irrational , I know, but that is because I'm not crazy. Johnny Depp, I can't be bothered to write on. But he's crazy.

by Anonymousreply 74July 14, 2018 2:11 AM

Actress Gene Tierney. Very beautiful and successful, she had a sensitive nervous system and a few problems here and there that finally led to a full blow out mental breakdown that ended her starring career. She had to be hospitalized a number of times and continued to have issues for the rest of her life. Her memoir is frightening to read.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 75July 14, 2018 2:21 AM

Jonathan Rhys Meyers, ye olde booze hound with anger issues. I think he drinks to ease an undiagnosed mental issue. He also has those crazy staring eyes. Put down the bottle, Johnny!

by Anonymousreply 76July 14, 2018 2:25 AM

Steve Martin

by Anonymousreply 77July 14, 2018 2:27 AM

Stephen Colbert

by Anonymousreply 78July 14, 2018 2:28 AM

Not really a celebrity but I truly think Ramona Singer is on the spectrum - either Asburgers or mildy Autistic..her behavior is not normal at all.

by Anonymousreply 79July 14, 2018 2:32 AM

Riz Ahmed, he comes across as affable, charming, always easy to work with, dedicated to many social causes, his co-stars all adore him, no one ever has a bad thing to say about the man. Yet he's extremely paranoid about his personal life, to the extent of hiding his last longterm GF for over 4 years.

He's admitted to being diagnosed with ADHD as a child and depression as an adult.

by Anonymousreply 80July 14, 2018 2:39 AM

This is why people can be so disappointed when they meet their fave celebrity.

by Anonymousreply 81July 14, 2018 2:42 AM

Claire Danes and Julie Bowen always seem manic to me but not depressed so maybe they just love adderall.

by Anonymousreply 82July 14, 2018 2:42 AM

Frances McDormand Melissa Leo Johnny Depp Daniel Day Lewis

by Anonymousreply 83July 14, 2018 2:43 AM

Dustin Hoffman

by Anonymousreply 84July 14, 2018 2:43 AM

Alex Pettyfer

by Anonymousreply 85July 14, 2018 2:55 AM

Quentin Tarrantino - that guy is fucking messed up.

by Anonymousreply 86July 14, 2018 2:56 AM

Anne Heche

by Anonymousreply 87July 14, 2018 3:11 AM

Ellen DeGeneres

by Anonymousreply 88July 14, 2018 3:24 AM

when did angelina jolie admit to being borderline

by Anonymousreply 89July 14, 2018 3:41 AM

R89 that bitch is cray cray everyone knows!

by Anonymousreply 90July 14, 2018 3:51 AM

r90 i never said she wasnt crazy but another poster said she admitted to BPD. no such confession exists according to google.

by Anonymousreply 91July 14, 2018 4:05 AM

R79 Ramona Singer has NPD/narcissistic personality disorder. I am sure of that having grown up around them and once married to one as well. And you're right she's not really a celebrity, although she thinks of herself as one and has even stated that many times. But she has every single one of the top 7 traits of NPD.

by Anonymousreply 92July 14, 2018 4:07 AM

R91 is Angelina Jolie. Just admit it you are cray cray.

by Anonymousreply 93July 14, 2018 4:07 AM

Sinead O’Connor

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 94July 14, 2018 4:08 AM

Bren Dad Ickson

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 95July 14, 2018 4:26 AM

Dr. Phil

by Anonymousreply 96July 14, 2018 4:27 AM

Joan Crawford mudt have had OCD or something else. Mommie Dearest was made before we really understood that kind of mental illness, and it made her seem like a freak.

by Anonymousreply 97July 14, 2018 4:28 AM

Ninety-seven responses and no mention of Kanye?

by Anonymousreply 98July 14, 2018 4:38 AM

Amy Winehouse! But is it wrong to bring in musicians? Seeing Sinead made me think of Amy.

by Anonymousreply 99July 14, 2018 4:41 AM

R85 This is untrue! Live. Laugh. Love Life.

by Anonymousreply 100July 14, 2018 4:49 AM

This is what our Donny Moscow has.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 101July 14, 2018 4:52 AM

All of them.

by Anonymousreply 102July 14, 2018 5:30 AM

Jazz Jennings

by Anonymousreply 103July 14, 2018 5:36 AM

Cait Jenner

by Anonymousreply 104July 14, 2018 5:37 AM

Amy Adams has severe mental and emotional issues.

by Anonymousreply 105July 14, 2018 5:39 AM

R105 spill what you know!

by Anonymousreply 106July 14, 2018 5:40 AM

As far as I know, nobody mentioned Lindsay Lohan.

by Anonymousreply 107July 14, 2018 8:45 AM

I think people like Charlie Sheen, Britney Spears, Lindsay Lohan, Amanda Bynes, Heather Locklear, Jonathan Rhys Meyers, etc are too obvious for this thread. If you suspect them to be mentally ill you need to check your own mental state or check your ID if your name's Rose Nylund.

by Anonymousreply 108July 14, 2018 8:56 AM

Trump is a malignant narcissist. Read the Wikipedia article. It is a perfect description of him.

He abuses women - verbally, sexually, physically.

He has no affection or respect for his wives. They are simply trophies who are required to beautify themselves with cosmetic surgery and are discarded when he tires of them.

He sees his children only as extensions of himself - and his daughter is also required to beautify herself with cosmetic surgery.

He only respects corrupt, murderous dictators like Putin.

He is truly evil - and the deplorables love him.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 109July 14, 2018 10:26 AM

Tori Spelling

by Anonymousreply 110July 14, 2018 10:49 AM

Alec Baldwin has all sorts of problems. It's particularly interesting how many personality traits he shares with Trump. Baldwin wanted a political career more than anything and is reduced to playing POTUS. His wife is absolutely crazy. She has body dysmorphia and a massive eating disorder. And she plays it out on Instagram. Alec was just so desperately lonely and had been turned down by Salma Hayek. He took the next Latina who came along... And by the way, Hilaria was raised in Boston. Her Latina schtick is as fake as everything else about her. they deserve each other. Unfortunately I now have four children who deserve much better.

by Anonymousreply 111July 14, 2018 10:51 AM

Russell Tovey

by Anonymousreply 112July 14, 2018 10:52 AM

Any commentator who writes ‘all of them’, as if it’s an amusing or original contribution. Get help.

by Anonymousreply 113July 14, 2018 10:52 AM

^^they now have four children

by Anonymousreply 114July 14, 2018 10:53 AM

John Wilkes Booth.

by Anonymousreply 115July 14, 2018 11:24 AM

All of them

by Anonymousreply 116July 14, 2018 12:21 PM

Tori 'Grifter' Spelling

by Anonymousreply 117July 14, 2018 12:40 PM

Bieber

by Anonymousreply 118July 14, 2018 12:46 PM

R114, four?! Maybe her name is really Hysteria.

by Anonymousreply 119July 14, 2018 2:35 PM

All four of Alec Baldwin's kids with Hilaria are under the age of five. Insanity.

by Anonymousreply 120July 14, 2018 2:44 PM

Until this latest incident, I never heard anyone talk about Roseanne having a true mental illness due to a childhood car wreck. Now it seems like it was common knowledge in entertainment circles. Weird it never came out at the height of her fame.

by Anonymousreply 121July 14, 2018 2:44 PM

Christian Bale definitely has issues. His own mother and sister pressed charges against him and he's also known for being temperamental on movies sets.

And he'll do anything for a movie role including severe weight loss.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 122July 14, 2018 2:47 PM

Tell me more about BPD celebrities.

by Anonymousreply 123July 14, 2018 2:50 PM

I forgot about Bale and that role. You would have to be insane to pull that off, no?

by Anonymousreply 124July 14, 2018 2:52 PM

Mickey Rourke.

by Anonymousreply 125July 14, 2018 2:52 PM

R123 the BPD Hall of Fame includes Marilyn Monroe, Tsarina Alexandra, and of course Princess Diana.

by Anonymousreply 126July 14, 2018 2:54 PM

Jesus Christ R74! Ever heard of paragraphs?

by Anonymousreply 127July 14, 2018 2:57 PM

I actually don't think Diana was crazy. I think she was in a very pressured situation.

by Anonymousreply 128July 14, 2018 2:58 PM

I'm sorry R128, but get real. She was textbook Borderline.

by Anonymousreply 129July 14, 2018 3:01 PM

Vivien Leigh

by Anonymousreply 130July 14, 2018 3:01 PM

The Rose Who Cannot Be Named probably has Complex PTSD...it's PTSD from chronic long term trauma. She has a lot of the signs like hypervigilance, dissociation, lashing out, memory loss (she's the only pretty girl raised in The Children of God who was never sexually abused or even saw anything suspicious, apparently)

Here's a list of symptoms.

Emotional Regulation. May include persistent sadness, suicidal thoughts, explosive anger, or inhibited anger. Consciousness. Includes forgetting traumatic events, reliving traumatic events, or having episodes in which one feels detached from one's mental processes or body (dissociation). Self-Perception. May include helplessness, shame, guilt, stigma, and a sense of being completely different from other human beings. Distorted Perceptions of the Perpetrator. Examples include attributing total power to the perpetrator, becoming preoccupied with the relationship to the perpetrator, or preoccupied with revenge. Relations with Others. Examples include isolation, distrust, or a repeated search for a rescuer. One's System of Meanings. May include a loss of sustaining faith or a sense of hopelessness and despair.

by Anonymousreply 131July 14, 2018 3:03 PM

R105 I want to hear more about Amy Adams mental health issues.

by Anonymousreply 132July 14, 2018 3:03 PM

My guess is almost all of them.

by Anonymousreply 133July 14, 2018 3:04 PM

No, I don't think so, R129

by Anonymousreply 134July 14, 2018 3:05 PM

R94 and R99, Sinéad O'Connor and Amy Winehouse has or had bipolar disorder.

by Anonymousreply 135July 14, 2018 3:05 PM

Bill Cosby. Drugged and raped countless women. Serial rapists are not normal people.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 136July 14, 2018 3:11 PM

Ditto for Harvey Weinstein. Severe predator. And hit with the ugly stick.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 137July 14, 2018 3:13 PM

I think that people that have the constant need to be the center of attention such as actors, IGers and such are all have mental issues. My theory is that an intense narcissism disorder actually helps these types get to where they want to be as and actor, models, IG personalities..

The combinations of good looks and a driving to be the center of the universe gets them to fame. It's not about hard work, as how many people that are actors are actually ugly? Its a genetic thing. You are born exceedingly handsome. There are many "normal" handsome people around. The genetic haywire is caused with the additional genetic fuckery of a complete disregard to get to be famous, admired, loved, and worshipped and other sociopathic items ae added..

We are all fucked up and damaged in one way or another. The most toxic is the beautiful/handsome human born with the genetic predisposition of sociopath added to the mix.

So all celebrities are damaged goods. They are not mentally stable, either in their day to day interactions, sex pest issues, day to day work issues, or just being a person that can fit in. Because deep down, they never wanted to.

by Anonymousreply 138July 14, 2018 3:25 PM

She had all the symptoms r134. She was histrionic and it showed, long before she got married. Even her family talked about her fragile mental state.

by Anonymousreply 139July 14, 2018 3:27 PM

I think many celebrities have narcissistic or histrionic personality disordes, but that may be helpful in their careers. Don't give names without comments, make the thread more interesting, not everyone here are informed as you are.

by Anonymousreply 140July 14, 2018 3:27 PM

R139, I agree that Diana had mental health issues but they were exacerbated by the rotten royal family.

by Anonymousreply 141July 14, 2018 3:30 PM

R141 she would have played merry hell wherever she ended up. They aren’t to blame for her actions. I’d look closer to her own family for that.

by Anonymousreply 142July 14, 2018 4:09 PM

I could never buy the silly narrative of Diana as some sort of poor, helpless victim. Anyone who has had to deal with a Borderline in real life can tell you that they are demented, manipulative people. They live to portray themselves victims of the endless dramas they delight in creating.

by Anonymousreply 143July 14, 2018 4:37 PM

Brodie Sinclair?

by Anonymousreply 144July 14, 2018 4:59 PM

La Faye Dunaway

by Anonymousreply 145July 14, 2018 5:28 PM

Halle Berry. Quite crazy and drove all her men away - can't hang on to a man. Her difficult attitude seems to have thinned out her waning career.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 146July 14, 2018 8:19 PM

Definitely Kevin Spacey. His father was a new Nazi who abused him and his brother in many different ways. Not to justify what he has done to others, but his upbringing explains a lot.

by Anonymousreply 147July 14, 2018 8:57 PM

[quote]The combinations of good looks and a driving to be the center of the universe gets them to fame. It's not about hard work, as how many people that are actors are actually ugly? Its a genetic thing. You are born exceedingly handsome. There are many "normal" handsome people around. The genetic haywire is caused with the additional genetic fuckery of a complete disregard to get to be famous, admired, loved, and worshipped and other sociopathic items ae added..

This part is certainly not true, at all.

There are TONS of unattractive actors and actresses and because of their plain looks and actual raw talent, most have very long term careers as character performers. The list of plain and/or unattractive performers is too long to add here.

You damn well know not all performers are gorgeous women and handsome men, so cut the bullshit psycho-babble.

by Anonymousreply 148July 14, 2018 10:15 PM

R148 the ability to act is part of the mental disorder. The ability to become someone else and act that out is part of the mental disorder. So you are putting forth the argument that "ugly" actors are just killing time because they are bored? And these "ugly" actors. They have no IG accounts, issues with people not finding them talented enough? This huge population of ugly actors you talk about, who are they?

Acting is a profession that lets the person doing the acting become another person. Then they portray that person. Then they go home and live in obscurity? Pull your head out of your ass.

by Anonymousreply 149July 14, 2018 10:50 PM

[R138] Interesting commentary...but, I wonder if any of us could withstand the intense 'transparency' we demand of public figures today. There was a time when monarchs enjoyed the myths they created about themselves...and it seemed to work for a while at least.

H. Barry is like many women actors and women in the public arena...they never should have married and bring helpless children into their lives which are crowded with mental health issues. Most women in Hollywood should never have been married...Kate Hepburn had a point when she spoke to that issue...she maintained she was far to selfish to have and take of a husband and children. Condi Rice seems to go her own way....the two black female professionals from 'Having Our Say' always said they didn't have time to bother with husbands or children they had their own goals....the problem is when women are disappointed when they try to juggle everything and stuff falls a part then they blame men.

by Anonymousreply 150July 14, 2018 11:04 PM

That black actress on Ally McBeal was certified mentally ill. She had to stop working. It's quite a sad story.

by Anonymousreply 151July 14, 2018 11:04 PM

R151 Yes, I know who you're talking about but I've forgotten her name. She ended up on the cover of the National Enquirer with all sorts of problems.

by Anonymousreply 152July 15, 2018 12:08 AM

Demi Lovato - admittedly so.

by Anonymousreply 153July 15, 2018 12:20 AM

Yes, Angelina has multiple issues as well as a chronic opioid addiction . She has restructured her entire face with jaw implants , chin and cheek implants , infra orbital rim implants as well as lower lip reduction and upper lip enhancement , not to mention the facelifts and brow lifts , nose jobs and breast jobs since she was in puberty . She is still lovely and always was but Something is quite wrong . Now the emaciated and pale look and wearing black tents for years aiming to look ethereal and pure all while most likely using Fentanyl and Heroin . It’s like a combination of NPD, Body dysmorphia and borderline . I wonder how much abuse she must have encountered as a child . Was she pimped out by her mother ? She definitely seems like a bitch but she always strikes me as heavily calculating about her image and other’s opinions of her and that seems really sad . I doubt she loves herself at all , in actuality.

by Anonymousreply 154July 15, 2018 12:28 AM

[quote][R148] the ability to act is part of the mental disorder. The ability to become someone else and act that out is part of the mental disorder. So you are putting forth the argument that "ugly" actors are just killing time because they are bored? And these "ugly" actors. They have no IG accounts, issues with people not finding them talented enough? This huge population of ugly actors you talk about, who are they? Acting is a profession that lets the person doing the acting become another person. Then they portray that person. Then they go home and live in obscurity? Pull your head out of your ass.

Stop twisting my words, you sound mentally ill. Read your post once again, you asserted that only attractive people become actors and actresses. Do READ your psycho-babble again, idiot.

Not ALL performers want to live in the spotlight either, some don't even live in CA or NYC. Honestly, you sound completely deranged.

There are tons of plain and unattractive performers who are excellent at their craft and have successful careers. They sure don't need IG, because they are not new to acting. Why the fuckbring up IG and what the hell are you talking about, "killing time because they are bored"?! That statement doesn't even make sense. How can any of them be bored, they are always working! They have lives and families, they aren't reality show assholes who record every fucking lame thing they do.

John C. Reilly and Ann Dowd, two rather plain people who can both act. IIRC, Ann won an EMMY last year for her role in the series The Handmaid's Tale, she always gets good reviews and it sure isn't because she's some vacuous beauty. Neither performer's looks can be compared with 'pretty' stars such as Tom Cruise and Margot Robie, yet they are always working.

Character performers are allowed to age, movie stars, not so much. The men sure, the women not at all. Very few older actresses are still working.

Now you can STFU. Because your bizarre argument makes no sense whatsoever.

by Anonymousreply 155July 15, 2018 12:45 AM

Jared Padalecki

by Anonymousreply 156July 15, 2018 1:00 AM

Some of the roles are very dark that actors play. Imagine playing a serial killer, or some seriously depraved character... the actor has to embody that part, go there, in some way to be believable. After a day of shooting.. I don't think it's easy to get back to "normal" mode, just switch off the darkness. I don't know. Then, there's the scrutiny of social media, paparazzi following them in their most private moments.. and not being able to do things, go places as easily as average people. It depends on the amount of fame. It's got to suck. I'd hate it.

by Anonymousreply 157July 15, 2018 1:09 AM

R74 Commas ARE your friend.

by Anonymousreply 158July 15, 2018 1:16 AM

R155, the point is, and this is the one that flew over your head is that people do not go into acting because it's a profession where you do not meet a lot of people or interact with crowds, say like an accountant. People who act do it out of the need to do it, it is what is in them. So the "ugly" and the beautiful actors share the same need, the same desire; to be out there where people can see them.

Do people get into acting or become Instagram people because they want to lead a life of quiet introspection and anonymity? No, they do not. That's why actors, Instagram imbeciles, the Kardashians, and others are who they are, and have a mental illness. It's a super sociopathic narcissism of being the center of attention, all eyes on them, and that's what their goal in life is. We will look back say from 30 years in the future and see how mental and fucked up this period of time is with every moment of one's life is of supreme importance, from the food a celebrity is eating on Facebook, IG moment by moment updates of anything and everything a celebrity is doing and serial self-victimization and gut spilling.

by Anonymousreply 159July 15, 2018 1:48 AM

Social media is a field day for the narcissists. Almost any "joe/jane blow" can gain some kind of fame without too much effort.

by Anonymousreply 160July 15, 2018 2:00 AM

Tori Spelling

by Anonymousreply 161July 15, 2018 2:14 AM

Character actors seem more “normal” and grounded than so-called stars.

by Anonymousreply 162July 15, 2018 2:19 AM

r151 r152 LIsa Nicole Carson. There is this thing called the internet where you can find information.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 163July 15, 2018 2:20 AM

Meryl must have some mental disorder for all those accents she's able to pull off

by Anonymousreply 164July 15, 2018 2:47 AM

Kayne West

by Anonymousreply 165July 15, 2018 2:52 AM

Kate McKinnon - something seems off with her

by Anonymousreply 166July 15, 2018 3:00 AM

R166 wasn’t there in the know gossip stating she was mentally ill.

by Anonymousreply 167July 15, 2018 3:09 AM

This is great thread.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 168July 15, 2018 3:11 AM

Christian Bale was a child actor he's been raped and abused more times than you can imagine. He's a mess of a human, prone to violence, instability and will eventually die in prison.

by Anonymousreply 169July 15, 2018 3:14 AM

Laura Prepon

by Anonymousreply 170July 15, 2018 3:16 AM

R167 I haven't heard or read gossip. She gives me a Robin Williams type vibe.

by Anonymousreply 171July 15, 2018 3:19 AM

People go into *hic* acting because it's a way to make a good *hic* living without good grades.

by Anonymousreply 172July 15, 2018 3:21 AM

"Dylan Farrow. Sorry, she seems obsessive and off mentally."

On the contrary. She seems very intelligent and articulate. If she occasionally seems upset, well, having your repulsive father stick his face in your crotch and caress your vulva (and try to portray himself as a "loving father") IS something that can cause a little anxiety.

by Anonymousreply 173July 15, 2018 3:22 AM

R173 Hi Mia.

by Anonymousreply 174July 15, 2018 3:27 AM

I don't know about mental illness, but probably 90% of people who start out as stand up comics are deeply unhappy people- there is some strange need to make people laugh to help assuage whatever unhappiness they're feeling. You can see it in their eyes.

by Anonymousreply 175July 15, 2018 3:31 AM

R113, okay, I'll rephrase: MOST of them.

by Anonymousreply 176July 15, 2018 3:50 AM

Jonny Lee Miller

by Anonymousreply 177July 15, 2018 4:22 AM

Brian Williams

by Anonymousreply 178July 15, 2018 4:23 AM

R174, Hi, Woody.

by Anonymousreply 179July 15, 2018 4:28 AM

Aren't ALL celebrities a little teched in the head? Anyway, here are some examples of celebrities with more than a few screws loose:

Roseanne Barr

Courtney Love

Axl Rose

Johnny Depp

Donald Trump

Lindsay Lohen

Winona Ryder

Kristen Stewart

Lena Dunham

Britney Spears

Sarah Silverman

Miley Cyrus

by Anonymousreply 180July 15, 2018 4:34 AM

R159, must be like Trump, not remember the bullshit they spew, guess you forgot they write this: "The combinations of good looks and a driving to be the center of the universe gets them to fame. It's not about hard work, as how many people that are actors are actually ugly? Its a genetic thing. You are born exceedingly handsome. There are many "normal" handsome people around. The genetic haywire is caused with the additional genetic fuckery of a complete disregard to get to be famous, admired, loved, and worshipped and other sociopathic items ae added."

I could give a shit what your other points are, you wrote the above as well as this: "how many people that are actors are actually ugly? Its a genetic thing." Nothing went over my head, you seemed to conveniently forget what you wrote. You claimed no actors are ugly. What a moronic thing to say. The proof is out there, your statement is not true at all.

Next time, if you want to make a absurd point, try to remember what you wrote. Don't you wish DL had an edit option? LOL

by Anonymousreply 181July 15, 2018 4:36 AM

[quote]Character actors seem more “normal” and grounded than so-called stars.

Great point which a few here don't seem to grasp or comprehend.

Also, a lot of performers got into acting by accident, not every performer is a narcissist with need to be worshipped by the masses.

How about musicians, some of them just wanted to make a living playing an instrument. Not every single one of these musicians wanted to be in front of an audience of screaming fans. Three of my relatives were successful session and touring musicians, they were so happy to be able to make their hobby into a great living. They could give a shit about faceless fans screaming for them.

by Anonymousreply 182July 15, 2018 4:41 AM

Sarah Silverman wrote about having depression. She was on 16 Xanax a day as a child. As an adult,she just seems off, not quite there. I think the clinical definition is "not playing with a full deck". Obviously, many people have mistaken this for talent.

by Anonymousreply 183July 15, 2018 4:43 AM

The Brady Kids--especially the Brady Brides. Diana Ross.

by Anonymousreply 184July 15, 2018 4:49 AM

Kevin Spacey

by Anonymousreply 185July 15, 2018 4:57 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 186July 15, 2018 5:01 AM

Brian Wilson. Severe nervous breakdown. Very talented and very neurotic.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 187July 15, 2018 5:06 AM

Keanu Reeves has some problems or maybe he is just an alcoholic? He has had a great life and no, he did not have a girlfriend who died, he is gay.

Tom Hanks, an alcoholic.

by Anonymousreply 188July 15, 2018 5:14 AM

One would assume Helen Hunt suddenly fell off the face of the earth due to mental health problems. Maybe she was diagnosed with "no one, including this poster, cared enough to even look me up, I'm so bland" syndrome.

by Anonymousreply 189July 15, 2018 5:18 AM

I don't know if Demi Moore was mentioned but she is a mental case for sure.

by Anonymousreply 190July 15, 2018 5:56 AM

Definitely Jennifer Anniston.

She is all smoke & mirrors.

by Anonymousreply 191July 15, 2018 6:07 AM

Ellie Goulding.

by Anonymousreply 192July 15, 2018 6:08 AM

Travolta.

by Anonymousreply 193July 15, 2018 6:09 AM

Judy Garland

Liza Minnelli

Patti LuPone

by Anonymousreply 194July 15, 2018 6:37 AM

Frances McDormand doesn't exactly seem sane...

by Anonymousreply 195July 15, 2018 6:39 AM

I know I'm going out on a limb here, but I think Richard Simmons might qualify for this thread.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 196July 15, 2018 6:41 AM

Both Britney Spears and Sinead O'Conner are bipolar. I'm not sure if they are bipolar II which is the less severe one or bipolar I where one can get delusional. I think Britney is bipolar I. Not sure about O'Conner.

Courtney Love, Angelina Jolie and Winona Ryder are bpd. I suspect Charlize Theron is bpd too. She had a shitty childhood with an abusive, alcoholic father and her mother shot him dead in self defense. Nobody goes through something like that and comes out 'normal' without intense counselling. I know someone whose mother also shot her father dead in self defense and she is really messed up now: Alcoholic, suicide attempts, fits of rage, intense mood swings. Her father was an abusive alcoholic who abused both her and her mother. Not sure if this had happened to Theron but I would not at all be surprised if it did happen to her.

by Anonymousreply 197July 15, 2018 7:20 AM

Roseanne Barr.

Alex Trebek.

Paul Simon.

Mel Gibson.

Wayne Newton.

by Anonymousreply 198July 15, 2018 7:55 AM

I have always thought there was something way off with Marco Rubio.

by Anonymousreply 199July 15, 2018 7:58 AM

Not sure he still qualifies as a celebrity, but Tom Arnold seems a bit disturbed.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 200July 15, 2018 8:03 AM

r198 Alex Trebek?

by Anonymousreply 201July 15, 2018 8:04 AM

Naomi Judd

by Anonymousreply 202July 15, 2018 8:06 AM

As already mentioned, Ellen Degeneres. And I submit Exhibit A as evidence.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 203July 15, 2018 9:41 AM

Ellen Degeneres -- Exhibit B (insanity begins at 1:18)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 204July 15, 2018 9:44 AM

Oprah being mental illness-ish

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 205July 15, 2018 9:47 AM

R155 somehow Keanu Reeves' sperm got into a girl.

by Anonymousreply 206July 15, 2018 9:52 AM

^^meant for r188

by Anonymousreply 207July 15, 2018 10:00 AM

Betty Gilpin from Glow looks mentally unstable

by Anonymousreply 208July 15, 2018 12:35 PM

Maybe another thread should start with.. "Celebrities that seem stable and grounded". I guess it would be a very short thread.

by Anonymousreply 209July 15, 2018 12:40 PM

Gillian Jacobs comes off as a nut in a lot of interviews.

by Anonymousreply 210July 15, 2018 1:01 PM

Susan Sarandon

by Anonymousreply 211July 15, 2018 1:11 PM

Sarah Paulson. I've seen some of the video and she just comes off as mentally unstable.

by Anonymousreply 212July 15, 2018 2:04 PM

Stevie Nicks

by Anonymousreply 213July 15, 2018 2:08 PM

R212 Hello Cherry Jones. I see you're trying to trash my dear Sarah's reputation.

by Anonymousreply 214July 15, 2018 2:41 PM

Joaquin Phoenix and Rooney Mara

by Anonymousreply 215July 15, 2018 2:43 PM

Rooney Mara has signs of being on the autism spectrum.

by Anonymousreply 216July 15, 2018 2:47 PM

[quote][R105] I want to hear more about Amy Adams mental health issues.

Oh, I don’t know if I should post it.

by Anonymousreply 217July 15, 2018 2:50 PM

yes at least a little bit

by Anonymousreply 218July 15, 2018 2:51 PM

I don't know r138 there are plenty of actors that seem to lead fairly normal lives outside of being actors. DL favorite Meryl Streep and many of her peers lived their lives out of the public eye and come across as stable humans. I'd say those actors that choose to live outside Hollywood stay more sane then those living in the bubble of LA.

by Anonymousreply 219July 15, 2018 2:53 PM

I'd say Sarah is trashing her own reputation R214.

by Anonymousreply 220July 15, 2018 2:57 PM

Maybe not R217. Revealing private stuff is kind of a shitty thing to do, unless you want to get even with someone. If you don't, just leave it. She's got her life, you've got yours.

by Anonymousreply 221July 15, 2018 3:01 PM

[quote]It's a super sociopathic narcissism of being the center of attention, all eyes on them

r153 It doesn't have to come out of being a narcissist. It could also come out of a desperate need for attention from neglect or other reasons. It could come out of deep insecurity and need to be validated. Not saying that's more healthy but there are more reasons than severe mental illness that people seek out attention.

by Anonymousreply 222July 15, 2018 3:02 PM

I know this is a gossip site, but in the case of this actress she's not really a celebrity, just someone who does a job where you have to have some degree of name recognition (ie, become famous, whether you enjoy fame or not, whether fame is good for you or not) if you want to be making serious money and not starve. Because it's a job where often these are the only two options, unless you are also an English teacher - which she's not.

by Anonymousreply 223July 15, 2018 3:04 PM

r217 perhaps not details but what do you think she is struggling with. Depression? Anxiety? Abuse? Deep insecurity?

Jennifer Lawrence, she makes a joke about how she is a hypochondriac and other things but I think it obvious the girl really is mentally unstable.

by Anonymousreply 224July 15, 2018 3:15 PM

R217, don't. It's ok.

by Anonymousreply 225July 15, 2018 3:16 PM

I think a lot of them do not have stable upbringings then they get caught up in the weirdness of Hollywood/fame to make them even more unstable/crazy.

by Anonymousreply 226July 15, 2018 3:17 PM

Unless you're a character actor, looks are at a premium in Hollywood. Getting older, and not being as beautiful in your prime, has to be hard.. and not getting parts anymore.

by Anonymousreply 227July 15, 2018 3:21 PM

Oh honey, they ALL do!

I challenge you to find one major celebrity who isn't addicted to something, or suffering from a Cluster B personality disorder. Because some of the Cluster B personality disorders both give one the desire to claw one's way to the top in the hopes of feeling better, and the lack of empathy and the ability to use and discard people with ease is hugely useful on the way up.

by Anonymousreply 228July 15, 2018 3:24 PM

Hollywood is full of frenemies. Let people be.

by Anonymousreply 229July 15, 2018 3:24 PM

That's a good point 226. Being a celebrity will just magnify any problems you have before you became a celebrity. If you are pretty grounded before your fame you will probably do all right once fame comes. If you have been fucked up before you get fame, then it will get worse. There are plenty of stage actors who aren't crazy, there are plenty of soap actors who aren't crazy and most of the roster of people we have watched on TV and in movies are not mentally ill if you really thing about it.

Viola Davis said in claiming her Oscar

"Thank you Academy. You know, there's one place that all the people with the greatest potential are gathered. One place. And that's the graveyard. People ask me all the time: 'What kind of stories do you want to tell Viola?' And I say exhume those bodies. Exhume those stories. The stories of the people who dreamed big, and never saw those dreams to fruition. People who fell in love and lost. I became an artist and thank god I did because we are the only profession that celebrates what it means to live a life.

It's not a deadly profession, it won't make you crazy, your own over blown or under developed ego will do that.

by Anonymousreply 230July 15, 2018 3:25 PM

R217 well you could at least hint at what the problem is. I'm a fan of her acting and genuinely curious, it won't make me think any less of her.

by Anonymousreply 231July 15, 2018 4:09 PM

Can't be pleasant to see your private stuff being posted over the Internet. But let's make it about the audience's feelings - as long as it's ok with them, then by all means

by Anonymousreply 232July 15, 2018 4:12 PM

I agree R205. Definitely Oprah. She has every one of the top 7 signs of narcissism. And yet many people haven't picked up on that when the signs are right there in front of their face.

As usual, the frauey Oprah troll will be along soon to defend Oprah.

by Anonymousreply 233July 15, 2018 4:22 PM

R233 is very right.

Come to think of it, I had a friend just like Oprah. Had to ditch her 2 or 3 times before she finally let go.

by Anonymousreply 234July 15, 2018 4:26 PM

Poor R181, trying to make the case that celebrities are the epitome of excellent mental health. Keep believing sweetie.

by Anonymousreply 235July 15, 2018 4:44 PM

Taylor Swift

by Anonymousreply 236July 15, 2018 7:35 PM

A friend dated Keith Olbermann for awhile. Yes. Mentally ill and pretty much unemployable at this point b/c of it.

by Anonymousreply 237July 15, 2018 7:53 PM

Charlton Heston

by Anonymousreply 238July 15, 2018 8:21 PM

Everyone on CNN, Fox and MSNBC is mentally ill.

by Anonymousreply 239July 15, 2018 8:23 PM

BD Hyman

Joan Crawford

Faye Dunaway

Jack Warner

Celeste Holme

by Anonymousreply 240July 15, 2018 8:25 PM

Jodie Foster - do paranoia and superiority complex count?

by Anonymousreply 241July 15, 2018 8:46 PM

Shia LeBeouf. Doesn't seem like a bad guy, but always seems about two small steps away form being the homeless dude on the sidewalk with the cardboard sign.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 242July 15, 2018 8:48 PM

JILL SOLOWAY

by Anonymousreply 243July 15, 2018 8:54 PM

David O. Russell.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 244July 15, 2018 9:00 PM

Catherine Zeta Jones, by her own admission.

Sean Penn has some issues, no doubt.

by Anonymousreply 245July 15, 2018 9:02 PM

Edward Furlong

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 246July 15, 2018 9:03 PM

Nobody has mentioned Vivien Leigh, who while not psychotic I think, had severe manic depression. One of the 2 most beautiful actresses ever (along with Hedy Lamar).

by Anonymousreply 247July 15, 2018 9:14 PM

Most of the people being mentioned in this thread are just high-functioning addicts (like Jon Hamm) or are high-functioning eating disordered (like Nicole Kidman).

Others have obvious personality disorder traits, but a high-functioning narcissist isn't necessarily 'mentally ill', they may feel just great, have a highly successful career, people longing to be around them, they just aren't 'normal', can't deal with 'normal', and are abusive to others.

The seriously 'ill' are those who are low-functioning or temporarily not able to function at all, requiring hospitalisation because of mania or psychosis (Kanye, CZJ, Britney, Shia...)

by Anonymousreply 248July 15, 2018 9:31 PM

Bipolars are frequently very artistic, becoming writers, actors or singers. Vivien Leigh, Robin Williams, Kanye, Mariah Carey, Carrie Fisher, Mel Gibson, Marilyn Monroe, Catherine Zeta Jones, Stephen Fry, Brian Wilson, Virginia Woolf, Ernest Hemingway, Patty Duke... the list is endless. Very interesting book written by a psychiatrist who is in fact bipolar herself, Kay Redfield Jamison, "Touched with Fire" about the connection between manic depression and the arts.

by Anonymousreply 249July 15, 2018 9:42 PM

Ryan O’Neal

by Anonymousreply 250July 16, 2018 1:27 AM

^ As per the thread title I don't think anyone suspects Ryan might be mentally ill. They KNOW he is.

by Anonymousreply 251July 16, 2018 1:39 AM

R249 I'm bipolar and it's true many of us are artistic and "Touched with Fire" is a great book about the connection.

This is the first time I've heard that Mel Gibson is bipolar and I find it offensive. I thought he was just a complete asshole.

by Anonymousreply 252July 16, 2018 2:45 AM

r233 I spent some months around Oprah making a movie, you know nothing about her.

by Anonymousreply 253July 16, 2018 2:47 AM

R252 he can be both.

Bipolar is hereditary and runs in families. My mother was bipolar, my older sister was too. I missed out on it. Both were brilliant (my sister graduated 1st in her law class at the age of 23) and both were horrific pains in the ass. My mother died of cancer in her 40s, my older sister never had a career, had a tumultuous life. She was non-compliant with her meds - she loved her highs too much.

by Anonymousreply 254July 16, 2018 2:57 AM

Corey Feldman. Any armchair psychologists want to take a crack at what his major malfunction might be?

by Anonymousreply 255July 16, 2018 3:00 AM

R255 I suspect borderline personality disorder and/or histrionic personality disorder

by Anonymousreply 256July 16, 2018 3:09 AM

Is this thread about celebrities both living and dead? Anyway, here are some dead celebrities who definitely had mental problems:

Frances Farmer

Clara Bow

Mary Miles Minter

Louise Brooks

Veronica Lake

Joan Crawford

Charlie Chaplin

Margaret Sullivan

Amy Winehouse

Whitney Houston

Michael Jackson

Prince

Kurt Cobain

Robin Williams

Brian Jones

Janis Joplin

Pete Duel

Marvin Gaye

Montgomery Clift

James Dean

Marilyn Monroe

Frank Sinatra

Howard Hughes

Mickey Rooney

Judy Garland

Gloria Graham

Veronica Lake

Gordon McRae

by Anonymousreply 257July 16, 2018 3:10 AM

As for the previously mentioned Betty Gilpin. I watched her interview on Off Camera with Sam Jones. She mentioned dealing with depression in the past. During the interview, she came off as manic in some parts.

According to L Chat lezzies, Kate McKinnon supposedly dealt with clinical depression after her father's death.

by Anonymousreply 258July 16, 2018 3:21 AM

R257 Howard Hughes developed a severe phobia about germs and became more and more reclusive (he was quite odd in the first place). At the time of his death he suffered from drug use and malnutrition.

He was a genius but a rather demented one.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 259July 16, 2018 3:21 AM

Carrie Fisher - bipolar Madonna - text book narcissist

by Anonymousreply 260July 16, 2018 3:44 AM

Ben Stiller - bipolar

by Anonymousreply 261July 16, 2018 4:07 AM

A sane actress once said "Acting is all about wanting to be someone else". So I wonder if acting appeals to people with a weak or absent sense of identity, that's a feature of BPD and some other personality disorders. But I suspect that most people with BPD are too unstable to do a really good job of building a career.

For people with narcissistic personality disorder, on the other hand, the entertainment field is a dream come true! It's not only considered normal to act like you're the center of the universe, and treat people like disposable paper cups to be used and tossed aside, but many other people treat you like you really are the most important being in the universe! Really, clawing one's way to the top comes naturally to these people, almost everyone who gets super-famous and stays super-famous for a long time has some degree of narcissism. And if they weren't narcissistic when they started out, they get that way after being on the top of the heap for a while. Being treated like the center of the universe does that.

by Anonymousreply 262July 16, 2018 4:08 AM

Two days ago Kristen Stewart was pictured in NYC wearing a shirt that read GO MAD and a pair of socks -- that she had rolled her jeans up to reveal them -- that read EAT SHIT.

She's a basket case.

(And that turns me on).

by Anonymousreply 263July 16, 2018 4:23 AM

R263, that isn't solid evidence of mental illness.

That could easily be a publicity stunt, an attempt to look cool, or just being an asshole.

by Anonymousreply 264July 16, 2018 5:03 AM

JFKJr had a mental problem that is quite evident in hindsight.

by Anonymousreply 265July 16, 2018 5:08 AM

R4 what type of mannerisms? Explain

by Anonymousreply 266July 16, 2018 5:11 AM

R33 good call!

by Anonymousreply 267July 16, 2018 5:20 AM

I'm curious R257 what was wrong with Gordon McRae. I went to school with two of his kids.

by Anonymousreply 268July 16, 2018 3:20 PM

R74 how is Tyrese crazy? I remember him in the film baby boy. It's too bad the film had a lot of racist black stereotypes. I mean, yeah it is a ghetto film, so I knew it wouldn't be all happy and everything. But the one character in it got literally, and totally screwed for the side piece Tyrese's character was banging.

I don't know anything about Tyrese's personal life other than he used to be a pop/r&b singer, and was in a few films but stopped all of that, was it because of excessive demands, or being crazy?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 269July 16, 2018 6:40 PM

R268 Gordon McRae was a severe alcoholic toward the end and it wrecked his marriage to Sheila McRae (she said so in her book) but I wouldn't say that he was mentally ill.

Handsome, good voice, good actor but liked the bottle too much.

by Anonymousreply 270July 16, 2018 8:00 PM

[quote]Poor [R181], trying to make the case that celebrities are the epitome of excellent mental health. Keep believing sweetie.

Once again, there was NO argument in ANY of my posts about celebrities NOT having mental issues. I'm sure many do, a lot of these people get into showbiz because they crave constant attention, what better way than to have captive audience looking at them? That's obvious.

Yet in any of my previous posts, I NEVER SAID THEY DIDN'T have mental issues. Do you have reading comprehension problems, it's apparent you do! My posts didn't even touch upon their mental health at all.

My posts focused on one of the absurd statements made by an incoherent poster, the moron I was arguing with CLEARLY STATED that ALL actors and actresses were really attractive people, which is definitely NOT TRUE. Imagine if every performer was model level beautiful and super handsome, we would not have any character actors and actresses! Imagine an old Western being filled with Marlboro Men and gorgeous model level women?!

Get that through your thick skull, especially if you are the person who made that absurd statement, that all performers are extremely attractive.

Trying to backtrack on what you/they posted, it sure isn't going to work! Especially as DL doesn't have an edit function.

by Anonymousreply 271July 16, 2018 8:12 PM

No ghetto trolls. R269 trying to make this into your own site. Injecting threads nonstop about celebrities of color no one mainstream cares about. Endless talk about white people being the enemy, threads bashing Asians to get a rise out of evil white devils. Sitting in your inner city projects dwelling all alone racing between gossip sites to see if your troll baiting attempts have been rewarded.

Your great grandparents were slaves on a plantation. Got it. Please stop making your personal heritage and legacy the problem and burden of those who enjoy gossip sites. See a doctor and therapist, you elderly time wasting woman. We're sick of you and your racial preoccupations!

by Anonymousreply 272July 16, 2018 9:15 PM

Naming golden age actors.. Vivian Leigh, Margaret O'Sullivan, Robert Young, Francis Farmer.. depression, or spent some time in sanitariums.. some suicides or attempted suicides.

by Anonymousreply 273July 16, 2018 9:50 PM

Gig Young. I was shocked when I heard he killed his wife and himself.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 274July 16, 2018 9:52 PM

Carrie Fisher.. and maybe, Debbie Reynolds.

by Anonymousreply 275July 16, 2018 9:53 PM

What or who exactly are you rambling/trolling on about R272?

Here are some obvious ones: Elton John. -depression/anxiety/narcisscism/drug addiction.

Chris Robinson the ex husband of Kate Hudson-drug addiction, depression, and narcisscism. Kate Hudson was no stranger to drugs but she really started using coke and heroin when she was with Chris.

Conan O'Brien-depression.

Zosia Mamet and her husband, and the rest of the cast of GIRLS including Lena-depression, narcissism. Zosia's husband Evan Jonigkeit is into drugs, a talentless actor who got where he did via nepotism, and is a total narcissist but this is extremely common.

Tom Waits-bipolar.

Tyrese is batshit crazy like being bipolar or manic, or one of either and schizophrenic, read linked thread and his posts from various sites.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 276July 16, 2018 10:02 PM

Susan Powter. No longer a household name, but what a mess. Notice how she practically has to do a somersault just to emphasise the word “is”.

I always thought she was a drug user.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 277July 16, 2018 10:02 PM

The "ghetto trolls" have opened a thread called "White women whitewomening" and are posting on it.

by Anonymousreply 278July 16, 2018 10:03 PM

That's my fave new band, Ghetto Trolls!

by Anonymousreply 279July 16, 2018 10:05 PM

Owen Wilson

by Anonymousreply 280July 16, 2018 10:08 PM

The bizarre racist ramblings and weird "dancing" of Donald Glover in his racist This Is America video seem to indicate he has some sort of mental illness.

by Anonymousreply 281July 16, 2018 10:11 PM

Bruce Jenner is clearly mentally ill too after he cut off his own penis to call himself Caitlyn.

by Anonymousreply 282July 16, 2018 10:11 PM

R282 I still don’t believe that ever happened.

by Anonymousreply 283July 17, 2018 12:36 AM

Did we ever get a clear announcement one way or another?

by Anonymousreply 284July 17, 2018 12:39 AM

I thought she didn't take that final cut..

by Anonymousreply 285July 17, 2018 12:57 AM

She did, last year.. googled.

by Anonymousreply 286July 17, 2018 1:07 AM

R284, No Bruce gets off on the idea of people thinking about his cock, or lack off. Well, thinking about them without vomiting as we imagine a chopped off dick flap contorted into something that looks like a yak vomited betwixt his thighs

by Anonymousreply 287July 17, 2018 1:07 AM

287 posts and no Anthony Weiner?

by Anonymousreply 288July 17, 2018 1:16 AM

Jerry Lewis and Marlon Brando. Both absolute crazies.

by Anonymousreply 289July 17, 2018 1:28 AM

R288 you think he is a celebrity, really?

by Anonymousreply 290July 17, 2018 2:31 AM

Sharon Stone

by Anonymousreply 291July 17, 2018 4:39 AM

All politicians was already mentioned which would include Weiner.

by Anonymousreply 292July 17, 2018 5:09 AM

R286 A google link here or there means nothing. Not that I want to actually see that mess, but “pics or it didn’t happen.”

by Anonymousreply 293July 17, 2018 1:41 PM

Bump.

by Anonymousreply 294July 19, 2018 12:00 PM

He's not much of a celebrity but comedian Ron White is fucked up in the head. Funny, but fucked up.

by Anonymousreply 295July 19, 2018 11:41 PM

[quote][R148] the ability to act is part of the mental disorder. The ability to become someone else and act that out is part of the mental disorder.

Pure unadulterated bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 296July 19, 2018 11:45 PM

Sinead O'conner has Borderline. Anyone who watched her social media meltdowns a while ago can testify to this.

I heard from a reliable source that Michael Stipe is bipolar and doesn't take his meds.

by Anonymousreply 297July 19, 2018 11:47 PM

Nicole Kidman

by Anonymousreply 298July 20, 2018 12:22 AM

"Sinead O'conner has Borderline."

Really? I always thought that she was a textbook case of raging, untreated Bipolar Disorder. And that she'd been open about her refusal to take psych meds, which is why she has a massive public freakout every year or two.

Of course she could have both, it's possible to have both a personality disorder and a mood disorder at the same time, and my deepest sympathy to the children of any such person. Sinead has four or five.

by Anonymousreply 299July 20, 2018 12:39 AM

What made me realise borderline for Sinead was the suicide " attempt" a couple of years ago. She went on Facebook blaming her 11 year old for driving her to it, said she was in a hotel room somewhere about to overdose. Turns out she was at home doing no such thing. That kind of manipulation wouldn't be typically bipolar.

I do feel sorry for her but even more so for her family.

by Anonymousreply 300July 20, 2018 1:22 AM

Speaking of Sinead, what is it with mentally disturbed women who pop out baby after baby? I've noticed with some of these Frau types, it's like a compulsion.

by Anonymousreply 301July 20, 2018 1:26 AM

Depends on the case, R301. People with bipolar disorder can be VERY keen on sex during manic phases, when everything seems like a great idea... except carefully using birth control. Schizophrenics have trouble getting together practical things like birth control as well.

And of course people with personality disorders make the world's most fucked-up parents, and don't see why they shouldn't have children if they want them, or lots of children. Because to them, children are nothing but an accessory, an audience, or a punching bag, and who doesn't want a cute accessory or an audience, if not a punching bag? Or a way to keep their spouse prisoner, or to show up some other parent? They really don't see why not.

by Anonymousreply 302July 20, 2018 1:38 AM

After today, Whoopi Goldberg.

by Anonymousreply 303July 20, 2018 2:01 AM

"Celestia"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 304July 20, 2018 2:08 AM

Ariana Grande. I'm convinced she's fucked up based on what's happening in her relationship with that SNL fellow. The Manchester attack is probably affecting her decisions at the very least. I know sudden disasters like that can cause people to act wildly in like a every-day-can-be-my-last kinda way. She's had relationship issues in the past but this is beyond what happened in the others. Doesn't help that the SNL guy has BPD.

Ricky Martin has obviously had issues in the past. Some fucked up shit has happened to him (menudo scandal, homophobia, family issues, etc) and he sounds like a self help book. He said a couple times with the way he acted in a long time ago "you'd call him depressed" and then said he wouldn't call it depression, but he probably was depressed at least.

by Anonymousreply 305July 20, 2018 2:25 AM

R305 also Ricky Martin is bisexual but refuses to come out as being bisexual, and calls himself "gay" despite claiming that he's sexually attracted to women.

by Anonymousreply 306July 20, 2018 3:13 AM

R303, she's always been batshit crazy. With her comments about, "It wasn't rape rape", being a heroin addict, and strung out on other drugs.

by Anonymousreply 307July 20, 2018 3:15 AM

R306 He only says that because like 75%+ of his fans are women lol.

He hasn't touched a vagina since 1993, if ever, though personally I can believe he did fuck Alejandra Guzman.

by Anonymousreply 308July 20, 2018 3:19 AM

What did Whoopi do today that was crazy?

by Anonymousreply 309July 20, 2018 3:23 AM

[quote]do not go into acting because it's a profession where you do not meet a lot of people or interact with crowds, say like an accountant.

What kind of Haiku thinking is this?! Does this statement even make any sense?!

Actors and actresses sure do meet a lot of people. Besides meeting a new group of people each time they work on a new film or even a play, they also meet their fans and are always bombarded by their publicists reminding them they have to meet with journalists who interview them when their next project is about to come out. Then make the rounds of TV talk shows and, well, keep on promoting. Don't interact? WTF are you talking about? All performers seem to do is schmooze.

Acting is a profession where you have to do much more than just act, you are pulled in so many different directions. After your film is done, you need to go out and promote it.

Most importantly, for performers, your career isn't all about you, your success means many others have jobs due to your success.

by Anonymousreply 310July 20, 2018 5:47 AM

Which celebrities do you suspect are truly sociopaths?

by Anonymousreply 311July 20, 2018 5:41 PM

R311 good question. I know Stephen Tyler and Rick James are fucked up. But my vote goes to Ryan O'Neil. And maybe Joe Jackson.

by Anonymousreply 312July 20, 2018 7:18 PM

r311 Stephen Tyler? Haven't much much about his private life. Are there horror stories about him?

by Anonymousreply 313July 20, 2018 7:36 PM

Sean Penn chewing his toenails

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 314July 20, 2018 9:07 PM

Sean Penn and Ryan O'Neill = textbook sociopaths.

Joe Jackson was a sociopath too.

by Anonymousreply 315July 20, 2018 9:39 PM

R313 I think this was one of the things

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 316July 20, 2018 9:59 PM

Steve Jobs was a dick for sure. I used to live 5 minutes from the Apple Headquarters in Silicon Valley for over 10 yrs and also worked there for a few years. I heard everything. He was awful.

by Anonymousreply 317July 20, 2018 10:06 PM

Nic C.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 318July 20, 2018 10:07 PM

Dean McDermott

by Anonymousreply 319July 20, 2018 10:11 PM

[QUOTE] I have a slight thing for Vincent D'Nofofrio who used to be on Law and Order

I’m 99% sure I used to go to the same gym, he had a big gut but a nice big set of balls and a fat cock.

by Anonymousreply 320July 20, 2018 10:11 PM

And what about poor Joni Michell?

by Anonymousreply 321July 20, 2018 10:19 PM

If not mentally ill I believe Blue Ivy is retarded in some way after that whole incident of her trying to shush her parents at the awards recently. Poor girl inherited her father's looks and her mother's (lack of) intelligence.

by Anonymousreply 322July 20, 2018 10:36 PM

Tom Arnold, borderline insane

by Anonymousreply 323July 20, 2018 10:38 PM

Rick James? He's dead.

by Anonymousreply 324July 20, 2018 10:51 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 325July 20, 2018 10:53 PM

Reese Witherspoon and Kristen Stewart - Depression

by Anonymousreply 326July 20, 2018 10:56 PM

R134, I actually do believe that Diana did meet with the diagnostic criteria for being BPD.

by Anonymousreply 327July 20, 2018 11:06 PM

Shia Ladouche is mentally ill. Most people in Hollywood, as well as politics are by the very nature of those arenas, personality disordered. Pete Davidson has BPD - a diagnosis he recognizes and accepts. It’s not as common amongst males as it is with females.

by Anonymousreply 328July 20, 2018 11:09 PM

R322 - perhaps she’s the only sane, level headed one. She was telling them to shush for a reason!

by Anonymousreply 329July 20, 2018 11:17 PM

I think that, for those who mentioned them, Chris Brown and Christian Bale suffer from anger issues. They have no self regulation.

by Anonymousreply 330July 20, 2018 11:29 PM

"Sociopath" is not a diagnosable mental illness, R315

by Anonymousreply 331July 20, 2018 11:37 PM

R149, believe me when I say that there are MANY unattractive individuals with BPD and NPD.

by Anonymousreply 332July 20, 2018 11:40 PM

Angelina Jolie Narcissistic Personality Disorder

by Anonymousreply 333July 20, 2018 11:50 PM

We could just say they are assholes.

by Anonymousreply 334July 20, 2018 11:51 PM

R247, that’s Hedley!!!!

by Anonymousreply 335July 20, 2018 11:54 PM

narcissistic personality disorder

Madonna, Trump, Kanye, Jolie, Mariah

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 336July 20, 2018 11:56 PM

George Sanders - his depression got him in the world.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 337July 20, 2018 11:59 PM

In the END. FFS autocorrect!!!

by Anonymousreply 338July 20, 2018 11:59 PM

R256 - PSTD would be included in any assessment made of Corey.

by Anonymousreply 339July 21, 2018 12:04 AM

Elon Musk

by Anonymousreply 340July 22, 2018 12:20 PM

lou reed

by Anonymousreply 341July 22, 2018 12:23 PM

After his recent hijinks at the Thai cave disaster, I'm not convinced Elon Musk is mentally ill.

Of course he could have a personality disorder or be on the bipolar upswing, but it's just as likely that he's been coked out of his fucking gourd for the last few weeks. He can afford it.

by Anonymousreply 342July 22, 2018 3:41 PM

R295 is he bisexual?

by Anonymousreply 343July 25, 2018 1:28 PM

Whoops wrong thread. I thought this thread was about famous closeted gay, and bisexual men who became famous from the casting couch.

by Anonymousreply 344July 25, 2018 1:30 PM

R342, if someone is bipolar or has a personality disorder then they are severely mentally ill.

by Anonymousreply 345July 25, 2018 1:32 PM

R320 was he cut or did he have his foreskin?

by Anonymousreply 346July 25, 2018 1:35 PM

R317 what all did you hear about him? Was he a drug addict, and is it true he did not bathe for weeks?

by Anonymousreply 347July 25, 2018 1:37 PM

True R310 most actors and actresses get their jobs because of nepotism. That's how Zosia Mamet her husband she is bearding for, and the entire cast of girls got jobs in acting.

by Anonymousreply 348July 25, 2018 1:45 PM

David Byrne-Anxiety/panic attacks, but it's pretty obvious and he has mentioned this before in interviews and songs.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 349July 26, 2018 8:30 AM

Michael Moore

by Anonymousreply 350July 26, 2018 8:36 AM

Nick Cage

by Anonymousreply 351July 27, 2018 2:43 AM

James McAvoy depression

by Anonymousreply 352July 27, 2018 2:43 AM

[quote]David Byrne-Anxiety/panic attacks, but it's pretty obvious and he has mentioned this before in interviews and songs.

About 20 years ago, I was in an elevator with David Byrne and about six other people, we were all leaving a downtown NYC art exhibition which was held in a huge loft which took up the entire floor of the building. I forget the name of the show, it consisted of new galleries from all over the world.

Byrne looked absolute freaked out that he was in an elevator with strangers. He was with a much younger woman, he was squeezing her arm continuously during the ride to the lobby. Byrne looked shell shocked. I don't think he was high or drunk, because previous to the elevator ride, he was speaking normally to a friend whose gallery was exhibiting.

What I found interesting about his odd demeanor, here was a man who has played concerts in front of thousands, yet there he was frightened by being in an elevator with six strangers?! I guess because he was in such small space, he felt like a hostage. Maybe he's claustrophobic?

This was one of the more bizarre incidents involving a celebrity. In my field, I meet lots of celebs, but this was one super strange incident.

by Anonymousreply 353July 27, 2018 3:05 AM

R353 what is your field, and who else have you met and what were they like? He probably also has really bad social anxiety as well, David Bowie was the same way, but he would get into character or be akin to an actor during concerts.

by Anonymousreply 354July 27, 2018 2:37 PM

[350] There was a blind item a year or so ago that claimed that Michael Moore is transitioning.

by Anonymousreply 355July 27, 2018 4:12 PM

[R350] There was a blind item a year or so ago that claimed that Michael Moore is transitioning.

by Anonymousreply 356July 27, 2018 4:12 PM

After reading Michelle Williams vanity fair interview, i'd say that chicks baloney-pony off her rocker.

by Anonymousreply 357July 27, 2018 6:04 PM

I suspect Kim Cattrall is a borderline personality. She comes across as unhinged emotionally and unwilling to take responsibility for her own actions. Everything is someone else's fault.

by Anonymousreply 358July 27, 2018 10:51 PM

^ Definitely. I agree.

by Anonymousreply 359July 27, 2018 10:53 PM

R353 Some people fear the elevator it was probably his case

by Anonymousreply 360July 28, 2018 1:27 AM

Most people in show business are at least little bit nutty - you have to be. Then there are some who are really batshit.

by Anonymousreply 361November 23, 2018 10:14 AM

What is it about Hollywood that attracts all the crazies and borderline crazies? Pop, rock and rap musicians as well.

by Anonymousreply 362November 23, 2018 10:31 AM

Artistic geniuses seem to be more likely to be mentally ill, and you need to be cut throat (resulting: no empathy), know somebody (resulting: entitlement), or pushed into things by parents, managers/teams, or celeb friends to get into the big leagues. Also the richer you are the less empathy you have, and after a while of not interacting with the masses you lose some social skills, and if you have assistants/etc doing everything for you there goes some growth and maturity.

Also Hollywood is filled with drugs and alcohol.

And then there's child stars, which is a whole other problem.

by Anonymousreply 363November 23, 2018 5:58 PM

R362, fame and money would attract sociopaths, narcissists and borderlines. Creativity is probably an outlet for those with mood disorders such as bipolar.

by Anonymousreply 364November 23, 2018 6:18 PM

Bai Ling is on the roof!

by Anonymousreply 365November 23, 2018 6:37 PM

I'd like to hear some Tom Waits and Ron White details, please.

by Anonymousreply 366November 23, 2018 8:14 PM

Christie Brinkley

by Anonymousreply 367November 24, 2018 8:29 PM

Emma Stone (more than her anxiety spiel), Paltrow, Rooney Mara, Joaquin Phoenix, and Bruce Villanch.

by Anonymousreply 368November 25, 2018 8:10 AM

Glenn Close. Her 'performance' in Fatal Attraction is just her playing her true self. I, the greatest ever actress auditioned for that role but humbly admit that I could not compete with the 'real deal'.

by Anonymousreply 369November 25, 2018 8:14 AM

Rooney Mara -> She comes across as being on autism spectrum, ditto for Joaquin Phoenix. Both brilliant actors, though.

Winona Ryder -> borderline disorder.

Angelina Jolie -> bipolar and narcissistic and hooked on ego power trips.

Leonardo di Caprio -> there's something both iffy and creepy about him still living like a guy in his early 20s, dating a barely legal girl and surrounding himself with large group of dudes who pretty much are there to worship the ground he steps on.

Emma Stone -> She confessed to still struggling with anxiety and being diagnosed as having a generalized anxiety disorder as a child. I think her natural charm and wit overshadows how deeply uncomfortable and stressed she is in public (see the hand wringing).

Reese Witherspoon -> a textbook successful female psychopath if there was one.

Anne Hathaway -> people pleasing to the nth degree. Maybe even some sort of self-loathing considering her messy love life and affair with Bale.

If I had to pick the most emotionally stable and 'normal' for the lack of better term famous actresses, I would go with Amy Adams, Michelle Williams and heck ,even Natalie Portman who seems pretentious as hell but is mentally strong.

by Anonymousreply 370November 25, 2018 12:15 PM

R367 she strikes me more as a textbook narcissist, though she may be borderline. Something seems off about the woman, and not just the usual stereotypical model ditziness. She seems empty.

by Anonymousreply 371November 25, 2018 12:19 PM

R370 a while back someone commented on another thread that they knew Amy Adams and that she had severe emotional problems. They refused to go into details though. Obviously, I take it with a grain of salt but I have read gossip on this board that later turned out to be true so I have always wondered.

by Anonymousreply 372November 25, 2018 12:22 PM

R372 I never heard of Amy having any kinds of emotional issues and I've known people who have worked with her. After the whole DOR and payment controversy, it did seem like she is kind of a doormat but then Russell is simply an asshole, and unless you're a big guy like Bale or Clooney it is hard to stand up to him and get away with it. But then in that Hollywod reporter roundtable she was very assertive and even confronted that jerkass journalist, so I'd say she isn't a total pushover, just a rather soft-spoken and maybe native at times but genuinely sweet woman.

by Anonymousreply 373November 25, 2018 12:29 PM

Let's be a thread of people who keep posting crap about mocking people with mental illnesses, who are suffering from severe mental illness themselves.

by Anonymousreply 374November 25, 2018 12:35 PM

When Meryl stole her Oscar years ago in 2011 there was a scathing blind item about one of the other actresses who was nominated (and obviously lost) that year. Saying the actress was seen flipping out and "balling hysterically" and needed to be calmed down after Streep beat her. The girl was unhinged and crying her eyes out and her team were trying to subdue her. The nominee who expected to win (and should have) was Michelle Williams for My Week With Marilyn.

She's an oddball as well child actor.

by Anonymousreply 375November 25, 2018 5:41 PM

Rooney Mara has been mentioned in this thread a few times and something is off with her. Her sister Kate also gives a similar vibe. Something could be wrong with both of the Mara sisters.

by Anonymousreply 376November 25, 2018 5:51 PM

[quote]Which celebrities do you suspect are truly sociopaths?

I would say Taylor Swift. There has been tons of gossip about her backstabbing other celebs, songwriters, producers, and others in the business.

by Anonymousreply 377November 25, 2018 5:54 PM

[quote]Rooney Mara has been mentioned in this thread a few times and something is off with her. Her sister Kate also gives a similar vibe. Something could be wrong with both of the Mara sisters.

Is anyone surprised these sisters are both weirdos? They grew up entitled. privileged and spoiled. Their parents are billionaires,. Both their parents families founded two very famous football dynasties.

"Mara was born and raised in Bedford, New York, a town in Westchester County about 40 miles north of New York City. Mara's mother's family (the Rooneys) founded the Pittsburgh Steelers and her father's family (the Maras) founded the New York Giants. Her father, Timothy Christopher Mara, is the vice president of player evaluation for the New York Giants, and her mother, Kathleen McNulty (née Rooney), a part-time real estate agent. She is the third of four children: she has an older brother, Daniel, an older sister, Kate, who is also an actress, and a younger brother, Conor."

by Anonymousreply 378November 25, 2018 6:19 PM

So, who are the sane celebrities then?

by Anonymousreply 379November 25, 2018 6:40 PM

R376 Really? Kate seems down to earth and unassuming, just like her husband. Now, her hubby's ex, Evan Rachel Wood is a loon. I'd say either bipolar or borderline.

by Anonymousreply 380November 25, 2018 8:47 PM

Kevin Spacey

Judy Garland

Charlie Chaplin

Vivien Leigh

And many many more

by Anonymousreply 381November 25, 2018 9:09 PM

R380 oh definitely Evan Rachel wood. I had forgotten about her. She went in front of Congress to whine about how Marilyn Manson had molested or abused her or something. I'm thinking, honey, what did you expect from dating a man like that? She and rose m both dated Manson and both exhibit borderline personality behavior.

by Anonymousreply 382November 25, 2018 9:15 PM

I was going to mention DiCaprio r370, he's all kinds of weird.

by Anonymousreply 383November 25, 2018 9:24 PM

I also forgot about loony Evan Rachel Wood.

by Anonymousreply 384November 25, 2018 10:57 PM

AIKC

by Anonymousreply 385November 25, 2018 11:11 PM

Why do people say Rooney Mara has mental illness (aside from her terrible taste in movie scripts)?

by Anonymousreply 386November 28, 2018 5:40 PM

Martha Plimpton

by Anonymousreply 387November 28, 2018 5:44 PM

I love him but I don’t think Ezra Miller is all there. He definitely has ADHD. Not sure what else is going on.

by Anonymousreply 388November 28, 2018 5:58 PM

HIstrionic is a mental disorder. That covers 97.33% of celebrities.

by Anonymousreply 389November 28, 2018 6:06 PM

[quote]When I watch Fox News sometimes I wonder whether a lot of the talking heads are mentally ill, stupid, sell outs in all three.

I wonder about all the newsreaders, interviewers and anchors. Especially pundits talking about Trump like he's SANE.

by Anonymousreply 390November 28, 2018 6:31 PM

[quote]I would say Taylor Swift. There has been tons of gossip about her backstabbing other celebs, songwriters, producers, and others in the business.

I don't follow her "music" but Swift seems like a spoiled, power-tripping and immature girl. Not a sociopath.

by Anonymousreply 391November 28, 2018 6:37 PM

Ezra Miller for definite after reading that odd interview with him

by Anonymousreply 392November 28, 2018 6:46 PM

Kate Beckinsale. Almost died from anorexia in her teens. Still has an eating disorder and likely borderline. Batshit insane and attention seeking

by Anonymousreply 393May 29, 2019 10:00 PM

This b#tch

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 394May 29, 2019 10:18 PM

That Meghan McCain bitch.

by Anonymousreply 395May 29, 2019 10:24 PM

Cybill

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 396May 29, 2019 11:57 PM

Vera Farmiga Laura Dern

by Anonymousreply 397July 6, 2019 5:38 AM

I've always thought Amanda Seyfried was a bit "off." If you watch interviews with her, she is witty but in a noticeably detached, borderline-aspergers way.

by Anonymousreply 398July 6, 2019 5:56 AM

Marion Cottriard

by Anonymousreply 399July 11, 2019 2:00 AM

E. Jean Carroll

by Anonymousreply 400July 11, 2019 2:04 AM

Daniel Radcliffe has a depressive vibe to me.

by Anonymousreply 401July 11, 2019 2:08 AM

[quote] Marion Cottiard

Any further insights R399?

I have a friend (actually friend/friend who is close w/her) who's swears she's intuitive, spiritual and gifted; but paradoxically down-to-earth and quite practical. Never heard mention of any pathology. Apparently she's very kind.

Know otherwise?

by Anonymousreply 402July 11, 2019 8:17 AM

She believes in conspiracy theories like the moon landing being fake and 9/11 being an inside job.

by Anonymousreply 403July 12, 2019 12:10 AM

Ellen Degeneres.

She takes genuine delight from seeing people scared on that stupid game show. And then there is her ongoing bit of having a scary clown jump out of that table on the set where she interviews guests.

When ever she has a chance to pull a mean prank... she just loves it. There is something wrong with a person like that. Absolutely. She must be an absolute horror to live with, no matter how much money she brings to the table.

by Anonymousreply 404July 12, 2019 12:18 AM

A poster earlier said that any star who posts on social media is mentality ill. I find that interesting.

by Anonymousreply 405July 13, 2019 9:54 PM

Amanda Plummer

by Anonymousreply 406July 17, 2019 10:08 AM

R404 I think she's mean and crazy too but I believe her shtick on her show is just that...gimmicks to get laughs. Her game show was launched after the popularity of those stupid games on her talk show. As for the scare tactics, I'm sure those guests are in on the prank. However, I can totally see her ripping into a production assistant in front of everybody. There are too many stories of her being an ogre for there to be no truth to it.

by Anonymousreply 407July 17, 2019 12:42 PM

I think most actors and actresses are at least little "off," You have to be. Some are really off and the fame is like more fuel for the fire.

by Anonymousreply 408September 4, 2019 11:13 AM

Rosanne takes the cake.

by Anonymousreply 409September 4, 2019 11:50 AM

$cient0logists look for those that have mental problems to prey on. So Cruise, Ravolta, Smith & family, and those at the link are all suspect.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 410September 4, 2019 12:20 PM

DiCaprio is a good one. He's not in-your-face cray cray like some of the others mentioned here, but something is off with that man. In interviews he's like a robot and always gives off a very unsettling vibe, like he's about to implode.

Then there are all the conflicting stories about his sexuality. Several people have outed him as gay, but he seems to fuck women, at least occasionally. However, he doesn't really appear to enjoy it. There are lots of rumours about 'performance issues', and several women claimed he lay there with headphones on while they were riding him. WTF.

He must be either deeply in denial about his sexuality or somehow sexually messed up (abuse victim?). On top of that, being uber-famous seems to have really messed with his head. No idea what his exact diagnosis could be, but something doesn't seem right.

by Anonymousreply 411September 4, 2019 5:33 PM

Chrissy Teigen. That level of attention seeking is not normal even in Hollyweird.

Aaron Carter, obviously.

And Robin Thicke's girlfriend/baby mama seems borderline retarded to me. She's 24, has been pregnant 4 times (including one abortion and one miscarriage), but comes across as having the maturity level of a 13-year-old.

by Anonymousreply 412September 4, 2019 5:41 PM

I forgot to mention that Chrissy Teigen strikes me as a textbook case of histrionic personality disorder.

And Kaia Gerber is anorexic, obviously. Shame on her narcissistic cunt of a mother for pushing her into modelling.

by Anonymousreply 413September 4, 2019 5:44 PM

Tobey Maguire. Gambling addict who's also rumoured to be an alcoholic. Seems to have severe anger issues and sadistic traits. Very strange relationship with his 'BFF' DiCaprio.

James Franco. Narcissist with a penchant for uncomfortably young girls (and boys?)

Jared Leto. See James Franco.

by Anonymousreply 414September 4, 2019 5:58 PM

Shia LaBeouf has had a few problems. But he's gorgeous so I forgive him.

by Anonymousreply 415September 4, 2019 9:49 PM

Taylor Schilling

by Anonymousreply 416April 7, 2020 9:54 PM

Amber Rose

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 417April 7, 2020 10:07 PM

Vera Farmiga

by Anonymousreply 418April 25, 2020 1:43 AM

R417, my 88 year old mother said, looks like that poor girl has the mark of the beast; I nearly died. We were watching TMZ in her doctors waiting room.

Lark Voorhees, from saved by the bell. Amanda Bynes.

by Anonymousreply 419April 25, 2020 3:02 AM

Emma Roberts beats up her boyfriends.

by Anonymousreply 420April 25, 2020 3:32 AM

R418, what makes you say that? Vera and her sister Taissa Farmiga seem very normal to me.

by Anonymousreply 421April 25, 2020 4:41 AM

Kim Darby

by Anonymousreply 422July 11, 2020 1:15 AM

Armie Hammer

by Anonymousreply 423July 29, 2020 12:24 AM

Being on [italic]Saved by the fucking Bell[/italic] could make anyone lose their mind. Watching it is a sign you haven't one to lose to begin with.

by Anonymousreply 424July 29, 2020 12:27 AM

I love Cheri O'teri but I would guess Keanu Reeves has some serious problem. He likes to be punished.

by Anonymousreply 425July 29, 2020 12:33 AM

[quote] Rosanne takes the cake.

And the ice cream, and the chocolate syrup, and the whipped cream, and the sprinkles…

by Anonymousreply 426July 29, 2020 12:37 AM

I think that both Charlie Sheen and Kanye West have bipolar disorder, Sheen's is fairly well controlled but West's obviously isn't.

That's what's wrong with Britney Spears, BTW, that or schizo-affective disorder.

What's wrong with Brian Wilson of the Beach Boys, BTW? He's been off his whole life and has apparently lost a good chunk of his life to mental illness, but I've never heard a definitive diagnosis.

by Anonymousreply 427July 29, 2020 9:47 AM

R203/R204 That isn't mental illness. Some may say it's wrong to show emotion in that manner on camera, or its weak to lose control of one's emotions in front of others, but not crazy.

I think Ellen was trying to use her show for good to gain attention, and as she remarked "hoped she could change their minds and return the dogs to the little girls". I think what she said actually disproves any allegations of how selfish and narcissistic she is. She took responsibility for making a poor choice, and not only apologised for that mistake, but shared her feelings about how terrible she felt. Narcissists simply never take responsibility, and rarely offer up heart felt emotional apologies.

She has a strong connection to both animals and children. I'm sure this was devastating for her.

by Anonymousreply 428July 29, 2020 11:45 AM

Said Faulkner NEVER, R158.

by Anonymousreply 429July 29, 2020 2:10 PM

we all have a "mental illness"

by Anonymousreply 430July 29, 2020 2:39 PM

Brian Wilson is actually bipolar and has had bouts of schizophrenia, r187.

Love & Mercy is a beautiful film about it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 431July 29, 2020 5:12 PM

How come nobody mentioned Kanye West?

by Anonymousreply 432July 29, 2020 5:15 PM

Anyone want to guess what's wrong with Jim Carrey?

Okay, I'll take a stab... major clinical depression, chronic anxiety, and a touch of some Cluster B personality disorder?

by Anonymousreply 433July 29, 2020 9:45 PM

Based on his slovenly grooming, Matthew Perry has got to be clinically depressed in addition to being an addict.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 434July 29, 2020 9:53 PM

Almost ALL of them, or like 98-99% or now it's even higher because of social media, and how they become even more narcissistic because of it and the media. An excellent example is the actresses or former actresses who force their young kids to be trans for attention.

by Anonymousreply 435January 3, 2021 11:35 PM

I think Kanye is on the autism spectrum, probably Asperger's. I believe Michael Jackson may have also been on the spectrum.

by Anonymousreply 436January 4, 2021 12:28 AM

R436 Kanye is bipolar/manic but it's obvious especially when he campaigned for President and was not making any sense at all. He must have went off his meds or they stopped working temporarily. I know for a fact that Tyrese Gibson-he was a singer and in Baby boy-is bipolar or manic and does not take meds or will take them and stop and it cost him his career or what was left of it in music and film.

by Anonymousreply 437January 4, 2021 12:31 AM

jJuliette Binoche Marion Cotillard Vera Farmiga Zach Efron

by Anonymousreply 438June 21, 2021 5:26 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!