Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Hammer & Child: "Oh dear God, no... they're CODEPENDENT!"

Now this is just bad couples' therapy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 600June 5, 2018 10:32 AM

Previous thread

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1May 25, 2018 9:22 PM

It's not the first time they are insecure. The best example would be Popsugar article about why Elizabeth didn't want to kiss Armie at the Oscars. The article came fast after the gala because some cameraguy decided to capture moments between the actors and the kiss between Elizabeth and Armie. Anyway they are insecure without a reason.

by Anonymousreply 2May 25, 2018 9:36 PM

So for R598 of the previous thread here’s the link for the Liz’s like.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3May 25, 2018 9:36 PM

I don't blame her for liking that comment. Go through Armie's IG photos and he can't post anything about his wife without 'what about Timmy' or even anything NOT about his wife without 'where's Timmy' comments. Then he posts a photo about his new play, and the comments come again and they always go straight to the top. I find it annoying to read, so no I don't blame Armie or Elizabeth for finding them annoying either.

by Anonymousreply 4May 25, 2018 9:39 PM

R2 lmao there was an 'article' about that?

by Anonymousreply 5May 25, 2018 9:39 PM

R4 I agree, and they should be called out on that. Why didn’t she want to kiss him at the Oscars?

by Anonymousreply 6May 25, 2018 9:41 PM

I think it's counterproductive. Shippers and annoying fans eventually will get bored. Probably very soon since I doubt Tim and Armie will be seen near each other in the near future. Answering to those comments - made by people just to be provocative - just gives them more attention and then they can use the "why are they do insecure about then? Something must be going on if they have to "defend" themselves". At best it comes off as petty and immature and at worst, it can be even taken as slightly homophobic.

by Anonymousreply 7May 25, 2018 9:45 PM

Jesus Christ! Her shoulders are narrower than the bicycle seat!

EAT SOME, YOU CRAZY BITCH!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8May 25, 2018 9:47 PM

It's not homophobic to like a comment saying it's stupid for people to say they don't believe he's straight because of a film he was in and that it was acting. The homophobic ones are the people that can't believe an actor can convincingly play gay without being gay themselves.

She didn't even respond to the comment, she just liked it. The fact that these shippers are following her and keeping tabs on the comments she likes shows how obsessed they are and that no, they're not going to just get bored. They pick on everything she does, they twist everything Armie does. Timmy doesn't engage with shippers ever and yet he still has people overanalyzing why he liked their anniversary post or whatever.

by Anonymousreply 9May 25, 2018 9:49 PM

Also what's up with her hair. Is it supposed to look totally disgusting? It used to be so nice and black and shiny.

by Anonymousreply 10May 25, 2018 9:50 PM

R9 I think at the end of the day, the shippers will just have to deal with them as a whole and that’s it. Armie will do whatever he likes and “ see you fuckers”.

by Anonymousreply 11May 25, 2018 9:51 PM

. Cant link can some of you post it? Its popsugar why Elizabeth chambers won't kiss Armie hammer at the Oscars. Do you really think people care if they kissed or not? Only shippers and they or their team does. Why? Because of shipping. The article came fast and isn't a coincidence.

by Anonymousreply 12May 25, 2018 9:52 PM

It's petty and childish and the stupid shippers are also the ones buying tickets for the most. Who's giving Armie much of the attention? Delusional teen girls,shippers and gay boys.....or you think his target audience is like higher level? lol

by Anonymousreply 13May 25, 2018 9:53 PM

lol I don't think it's that serious. There were lots of articles about Armie's illness, that one just took a new spin on the headline.

by Anonymousreply 14May 25, 2018 9:54 PM

She scary

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15May 25, 2018 9:54 PM

Most CMBYN fans are not shippers, most Armie fans are not shippers. Most of them are completely rational human beings. They don't have to pander to the wackos because they bought a few movie tickets.

by Anonymousreply 16May 25, 2018 9:55 PM

"On my way for mimosas! I couldn't love you more, Hamptons!"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17May 25, 2018 9:56 PM

Well exactly. Again! Armies is there where he is because ppl DECIDE so. He'd be rich sure. Filthy. But no actor without the audience. Well thanks to the shippers I found the comment by Dru. So I won't spin without anything to offer.

by Anonymousreply 18May 25, 2018 9:56 PM

Again, the majority of his audience are not just shippers and actors and their loves ones have no obligation to not disrespect people who disrespect them in the first place.

by Anonymousreply 19May 25, 2018 9:58 PM

The crazy shippers still post about Armie and his work. The PR (allegedly) only shares family pics and hashtag CEO and workingmom.

by Anonymousreply 20May 25, 2018 9:58 PM

Are you seriously suggesting that Armie needs these wackjobs for his career?

by Anonymousreply 21May 25, 2018 9:59 PM

Armie's completely rational human beings be like

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22May 25, 2018 10:01 PM

R22 Liz's hair is on its way to looking like that.

by Anonymousreply 23May 25, 2018 10:03 PM

Come to IG. Posts everyday about armie and his work. Majority by the shippers. They have so much time. No I don't but these wackjobs made many find Cmbyn which became a hit. Armie and timny even did stupid PR and enjoyed the lame first rehearsal talk when casting mafalda was a more interesting story. I didn't even know armies before and so didn't many I know. He's not that well-known

by Anonymousreply 24May 25, 2018 10:03 PM

R24 The majority of posts about his work are not by his shippers. There are hundreds of Armie fan accounts that aren't shippers. There are even fan accounts for Elizabeth. If you took away all the people that actually believe Armie and Timmy are in love the movie would still have made around the same amount of money. They are a loud minority. Making jokes during promo does not then call for people months later not allowing you to move on to a new project and calling you a liar for saying you're straight.

by Anonymousreply 25May 25, 2018 10:06 PM

R24 Look shippers will always be there, but no his career doesn’t depend on them. Some of them are loud and make themselves known in their small community? on tumblr and sometimes on IG...but tumblr is more predominant with them. Shipping can also be done in a respectful and rational way, in fact the girls who write all that shit about Armie/Elizabeth are always the same ones ( Aussie girl, Texas girl etc.) so no they’re not the vast majority.

by Anonymousreply 26May 25, 2018 10:09 PM

I agree with you. But if the shippers are a minority, why tf does she still care? You can't eliminate the minority or can you. Possibility of the possibility. Yea even the children have fan Accs. Two of which are ran by the same person.

by Anonymousreply 27May 25, 2018 10:10 PM

All she did was like a comment. It was one comment in a series of annoyed comments from other fans telling the original commenter to stop being stupid, disrespectful etc. If these randomers care, then why wouldn't she? As I said it bothers me to see this crap on his photos all the time, so of course it bothers her. And people are acting like she posted a 20 minute YouTube video ranting about the subject. She liked a comment and then moved on with her day.

by Anonymousreply 28May 25, 2018 10:12 PM

How come you only focus on "shippers" and leave "teen girls" out of the conversation? His main audience right now is mostly teen girls coming from CMBYN, some older women,some gay older/younger guys and very few straight males. No matter how rational or irrational that's the target.

by Anonymousreply 29May 25, 2018 10:13 PM

Well the majority of the shippers are middle aged women as you can see from their stupid commentary on the Tumblr post linked in this thread. The teen girls are the ones that like Elizabeth and make fan accounts for her and tag her in photos and DM her. So if your point is that they shouldn't be alienating teen girls then I don't think her liking that comment is doing that.

by Anonymousreply 30May 25, 2018 10:15 PM

Obv the career isn't built on the shippers but young fans with friends and a lot of friends. As r29 said. He became way more famous on SM. The follower and comment count shows it. So did the wife.

by Anonymousreply 31May 25, 2018 10:15 PM

R31 Already addressed this at R30.

by Anonymousreply 32May 25, 2018 10:17 PM

You cunts need to shut the fuck up already. This isn't a CMBYN thread.

by Anonymousreply 33May 25, 2018 10:19 PM

Don't lie. Elizabeth isn't so special that the teenagers would add pics before after and during the met gala when they didn't attend and they may not be shippers but by no means care enough to add pic after pic about their family and children with #workingmom,#ceo, #businesswoman, #bakery. Girlpower and perfect couple as hashtags, sure. But acc after acc with the same structure and hashtags? Same time? Please. She's not the star of cmbyn. Armie is. Those are middle aged fans like those shippers as u claim. Prob Republicans also!

by Anonymousreply 34May 25, 2018 10:26 PM

R34 I can literally link you to the Twitter account of the girl that runs ElizabethChambersWW. I believe she is 20 years old. You can ask her if she runs that account, I'm sure she will tell you.

by Anonymousreply 35May 25, 2018 10:28 PM

Dru casting the gay out of her son house

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36May 25, 2018 10:28 PM

Link me literally all the Elizabeth fan ACC's as u claimed!! On IG please. Show me a teen not a 20yo fan. #basta

by Anonymousreply 37May 25, 2018 10:30 PM

The only one I know the identity of is the 20 year old. Still far closer to a teen than a middle aged woman like you claim.

by Anonymousreply 38May 25, 2018 10:32 PM

R36 LOL

by Anonymousreply 39May 25, 2018 10:35 PM

Your arguments are full of holes. Teenagers have school, friends and homework. Most of the Timmy armies nonshipper ACC's say how much work they have to do so can't post everyday multiple pics. We can at least assume so that they have school. Secondly you said teens are making fanaccs for Liz?? Can they even cook nowadays? Assumption by me. Sorry. How do you know they DM her, huh?? Making claims as if you knew!

by Anonymousreply 40May 25, 2018 10:38 PM

R40 Yes, my point is that the Timmy/Armie nonshipper accs ARE teens or at least young people and the shippers are the middle aged women.

Can teens cook? Erm yes some of them can. It's not like you need to cook to be able to run a fan account though.

Okay for instance, go check tchallamett on IG, her story. She is 16 years old and in high school. She posted a DM with Elizabeth today. The different fan accs do it all the time. That's how I know.

by Anonymousreply 41May 25, 2018 10:40 PM

What has she got to offer to have fan accounts made by teens? Besides being a #workingmom, #ceo, #armieswife? To appease the teens? She's beautiful and has makeup on every time she cooks. What else? The one you showed us was made for the other actor not for Elizabeth you claimed SHE has fans who make accounts about her.its not like you only said tags. Facts first. You referred me to not Elizabeth's fan ACC.

by Anonymousreply 42May 25, 2018 10:49 PM

R42 Stop changing your argument. I said young people were the ones DMing her, making fan accounts etc. You said how do I know that they're DMing her so I showed you an account of a 16 year old. You said how do I know that they're making fan accounts so I told you about an account of a 20 year old. I'm assuming you are not a girl aged 15-25 so perhaps you don't understand what her appeal would be to them. But it's pretty obvious to me. She's a rich, attractive woman with a hot actor husband, two adorable children, she spends her life travelling and her work is making cute cakes. Lots of young women would aspire to that kind of lifestyle, whether you like it or not.

by Anonymousreply 43May 25, 2018 10:51 PM

R43 you are right. It makes sense; not too difficult to understand.

by Anonymousreply 44May 25, 2018 10:56 PM

She found some pastries to pre-vomit on her story!

by Anonymousreply 45May 25, 2018 10:58 PM

The structure of the sentences (last two) could apply for both, DMS and fanaccs. My age has nothing to do with the topic. Its not obvious. By her sm it is not. If you look when those ACC's were made, they weren't before cmbyn famdom. The travelling? What? Yea the children's ACC's are ran by the same person. Hot husband? Sure. Does it make her special? Some children in adoooooooorable clothing swimming? Sure.

by Anonymousreply 46May 25, 2018 11:03 PM

R46 For goodness sake just scroll down the comments on her latest photo and see the amount of teens with fan accs that are commenting positive things. They like her because they want to be her. They want to hang out with Timmy, they want to marry Armie. I'm not asking YOU to agree with THEM. But it's clear that they do like her. On the other hand, middle aged women already have husbands and they don't look like Armie, they already have kids that aren't as cute as Harper and Ford, they already have jobs that are harder work and less money than Bird Bakery, they only get to travel once a year, their salaries are pitiful etc. They look at Armie and Timmy and know that they are far too old and unattractive for both of them, so they have to makeup that Armie and Elizabeth are clearly desperately unhappy and that Armie and Timmy must be in love so they can flick their beans to their fantasies at night. A pretty, skinny teenager can still imagine that one day she might meet Timothee Chalamet and kiss him and although highly unlikely it's not out of the realm of possibility. A middle aged married overweight mother of two can not say the same. So the latter group are far more bitter and hateful than the former group. Yes there are SOME shippers that are young just as there are SOME Elizabeth fans that are older. But on the whole this is the way it goes.

by Anonymousreply 47May 25, 2018 11:18 PM

Shut up already!

by Anonymousreply 48May 25, 2018 11:23 PM

I can't believe my eyes! That's how you see life? Talk about fanfic... The Timmy part.. Fact is: Elizabeth is not young. That's how you see life, OK let's do the age thing. But my fact is that Elizabeth was unknown kind of on sm at least before she started to promote herself in the shadow of actors. Lmao cute kids. So we judge children by their looks? I commented clothing you go for the looks. Let's face the facts: why compare the ones not doing so good in life to those who are doing Amazingly good in HW. And that's not armie or Elizabeth. People have a constant need to be better so why go by your comparison. And Dakota for instance is younger and way more sexy. That's my view but your text was your view so let's make it a fact.

by Anonymousreply 49May 25, 2018 11:30 PM

R49 You're not even speaking English now so I'm done with this conversation.

by Anonymousreply 50May 25, 2018 11:32 PM

BTW we have talked on IG. You made fake accs.I can prove if need be.

by Anonymousreply 51May 25, 2018 11:33 PM

Okay go ahead.

by Anonymousreply 52May 25, 2018 11:34 PM

R46 = tedious

by Anonymousreply 53May 25, 2018 11:35 PM

If you keep lying it will come to that. I'm sorry if my English is rusty. Sorry r53. I won't post anymore today.

by Anonymousreply 54May 25, 2018 11:39 PM

Yeah so basically you have no proof because it didn't happen. If I'm telling you to go ahead and you can't come up with anything that says it all.

Quite frankly I doubt anyone else cares about what you've dreamt in your imagination so you shutting up is a good idea indeed.

by Anonymousreply 55May 25, 2018 11:40 PM

[QUOTE]shutting up is a good idea indeed

For both of you.

by Anonymousreply 56May 25, 2018 11:51 PM

R3 the little f**ker knows what he's doing

by Anonymousreply 57May 25, 2018 11:55 PM

They’re at People magazine editor Jess Cagle’s wedding.

What whores they are!

by Anonymousreply 58May 26, 2018 12:58 AM

@R58 Strengthening the gay connection

by Anonymousreply 59May 26, 2018 1:01 AM

I don't kniw about you guys but I feel a need a detox just by looking at the food pictures "Armie wife" posts! Do you think she has ever met any crap foods she didn't like? Blimey! She takes food fetish to a whole new level of peaches.

Btw... what's up with Armie's hair colour?

by Anonymousreply 60May 26, 2018 1:04 AM

[quote]Do you think she has ever met any crap foods she didn't like?

The foods don’t make it to the crap stage, dearie.

by Anonymousreply 61May 26, 2018 1:21 AM

R61 Rotflol Touché! By the look of "her things" she might aswell donate her bowels to science right now due to lack of use.

by Anonymousreply 62May 26, 2018 1:45 AM

"But it's clear that they do like her"

R47 My darling, don't be fooled by appearances.. its all a charade. They don't give a rat's arse about Lilibet and her exquisite cupcakes. They kiss up to her because she happens to be "Armie Wife", a proxy to the "King" of their hearts"... and other body parts. And it's not affection, it's desire. Desire to be in the queen consort...ahem ... position.

by Anonymousreply 63May 26, 2018 3:41 AM

R63 Starting fan accounts for her seems like a lot of effort to go to for someone they don't actually like.

by Anonymousreply 64May 26, 2018 4:06 AM

R64 They like him a lot.

by Anonymousreply 65May 26, 2018 4:24 AM

So then they can start Armie fan accounts.

I just think people here dislike her so much that they find it impossible to believe that anyone could like her. But really she's basically harmless and people are huge fans of far worse people. And as people point out here often people who she actually knows all seem to like her. But whatever I honestly don't care enough to argue about this anymore, if you want to believe everyone hates her as much as you guys do then you can do so.

by Anonymousreply 66May 26, 2018 4:27 AM

WHY DOESNT SOMEONE HELP HER? SHE’S WASTING AWAY!

I care more about her health than Armie, and I hate her!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 67May 26, 2018 8:04 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 68May 26, 2018 8:11 AM

I think she looks a little bit fuller in that pic...

by Anonymousreply 69May 26, 2018 8:14 AM

You look great honey! Pay no attention that this is who I used to date.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 70May 26, 2018 8:20 AM

R69 = bath superintendent at Treblinka

by Anonymousreply 71May 26, 2018 8:24 AM

Well, his taste in women might have changed since then.

by Anonymousreply 72May 26, 2018 8:26 AM

Armie encourages his wife to be a skeleton because he no longer wishes to be sexually attracted to her. When he married her and was presumably most sexually attracted to her, she was well-built with prominent hips and shoulders.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 73May 26, 2018 8:38 AM

Maybe, after the kids it’s kind of hard to go back to her previous weight...dunno, but yeah she needs to quit with this diet, if she’s on one.

by Anonymousreply 74May 26, 2018 8:53 AM

THIS IS HER DIET, YOU STUPID CUNT!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 75May 26, 2018 8:55 AM

I want him to do this to me

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 76May 26, 2018 9:00 AM

Hahaha, I knew that when drunk he’s more touchy feely than usual.

by Anonymousreply 77May 26, 2018 9:02 AM

[quote]Well, his taste in women might have changed since then.

Sigh. Yes, of course there's always that possibility.

We KNOW that. People were JOKING.

Oh, well. I appreciate your attempts to behave in a DL-appropriate manner, R67/R71.

by Anonymousreply 78May 26, 2018 9:04 AM

I agree that she looks better with some meat on her bones but she doesn't really look any thinner than most women in Hollywood/LA.

by Anonymousreply 79May 26, 2018 11:01 AM

Won’t someone please shit in my mouth?

by Anonymousreply 80May 26, 2018 11:05 AM

So everyone's just going to gloss over the fact that Armie is fine being friends with people who make homophobic comments, in favour of endlessly recycling the same comments about Elizabeth?

by Anonymousreply 81May 26, 2018 11:48 AM

R81 Also she gave a speech!

by Anonymousreply 82May 26, 2018 11:51 AM

R81 he's fine with a lot worse things.

by Anonymousreply 83May 26, 2018 11:55 AM

where are the homophobic comments?

by Anonymousreply 84May 26, 2018 11:59 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 85May 26, 2018 12:43 PM

"On Fridays we night bike! @shaareypardes"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 86May 26, 2018 12:56 PM

R85 I actually love this.

by Anonymousreply 87May 26, 2018 1:11 PM

I love when Armie poses with the little people.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 88May 26, 2018 1:24 PM

R85 Look at me, pretending to be riding a bike on a stopper!?

by Anonymousreply 89May 26, 2018 1:34 PM

Listen here R89, our Liz is a journalist, actress, mom, Armie wife, humanitarian, baker, feminist, entrepreneur, social media influencer, full time regurgitator, Instagram queen & CEO. If she wants to nimbly rest her vagine on that seat with the stand down and add cyclist to her resumé, we simply accept it.

by Anonymousreply 90May 26, 2018 1:52 PM

I didn't notice the kickstand. LOL! I can be a bit oblivious, so thanks for pointing it out.

by Anonymousreply 91May 26, 2018 2:01 PM

So Amrie’s career is officially dead? I don’t see him in any major big budget movies lately. He should let old and ugly producers suck his long big juicy straight dick to get a major role.

by Anonymousreply 92May 26, 2018 2:12 PM

Actually I'm not certain if the stand is up or down tbh R91 I mean, Liz wouldn't stage her pics.

by Anonymousreply 93May 26, 2018 2:14 PM

He seems VERY easy going when he’s drunk 🤣

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 94May 26, 2018 3:08 PM

R67 it seems she leads a sweet, charmed life. You all are just jealous.

by Anonymousreply 95May 26, 2018 3:30 PM

R92 I think he’s done as a movie star barring a serious reinvention a là Gyllenhaal in Nightcrawler

Nothing wrong with television though.

by Anonymousreply 96May 26, 2018 3:59 PM

R95 At least she doesn't get papped without knowing, can lead a sweet charmed private life whenever she wants to and then attend all the galas out there whenever she wants to shine. And the pics are staged, not candid. That's what IG is all about.

by Anonymousreply 97May 26, 2018 3:59 PM

Ermm... No, he can't make friends everywhere when he knows that he's known and those want to use him for his fame and looks. When were these friends 3 years ago?? He's always been a special guy. At least with the weekend he can somewhat control the pics and vids taken. Doesn't have to pose for IG pics.And no, he's a private guy who gets along with almost everyone but that's it.

by Anonymousreply 98May 26, 2018 4:11 PM

Sorry wrong thread

by Anonymousreply 99May 26, 2018 4:11 PM

R92 &R96 wtf are you both talking about? He is going to be on Broadway next with a movie coming out in July. After that, he will start his oscar campaign for "on the basis of sex". Then his Annapurna horror movie will be released. Pretty sure he'll manage to find projects in the meantime.

by Anonymousreply 100May 26, 2018 4:22 PM

Y’all are just jealous of my sweet charmed life!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 101May 26, 2018 4:26 PM

LOL at the little fangirl who think he has an Oscar campaign in the bag

by Anonymousreply 102May 26, 2018 4:33 PM

R102 lol, second that.

by Anonymousreply 103May 26, 2018 4:35 PM

R102 he is going to campaign for it. I am not saying he'll get the nom, but he"ll campaign, because that's what everyone who has a movie coming out in awards season does.

by Anonymousreply 104May 26, 2018 4:36 PM

Just because they slot your movie for a November opening doesn’t mean shit. Last year Fox Searchlight announced months ahead of time that they were going to open Goodbye Christopher Robin in awards season. Remember that one? Neither does anyone else.

by Anonymousreply 105May 26, 2018 4:39 PM

MAJOR BIG BUDGET movies mean really really BIG BIG BIG movies. Like BIG.

R104 well that's his job....campaigning for a movie is not about acting skills nor recognitions from peers....it's just work.

Besides in a movie about the struggles of RBG, the only second female supreme court judge; I don't think the male supporting actor is going to be all over the place...it's a very specific movie that will touch female social issues,the last thing they need is the white straight guy to talk considering he happens to be him.

by Anonymousreply 106May 26, 2018 4:43 PM

R105 No one cares about christopher robin movie that came out on September. You may not like Armie, but plenty of people care about a biopic of Ruth Bader Ginsburg with a cameo of her & which she will promote. . Focus features pushed Saoirse Ronan's movie to give the prime release date to "OTBOS". So, yes, he will campaign for it & for himself. R106 that's what i m saying, it's work, he has to campaign. He campaigned for the nate parker movie even after the movie tanked, there's no reason to think he'll sit this one out.

by Anonymousreply 107May 26, 2018 4:49 PM

Here is the write up for Goodbye Christopher Robin’s release announcement - even the people at Fox Searchlight which would sweep last year’s Oscars (20 nominations, 6 wins) miscalculated this particular film’s strength

Coincidentally released almost the same date (Nov 9/10) as OTBOS

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 108May 26, 2018 4:51 PM

R108 robin came out in uk on September & in USA on October. Wikipedia is your friend.

by Anonymousreply 109May 26, 2018 4:55 PM

That’s because they move GCR’s release date up in June when they realized Three Billboards Outside Ebbing Missouri was a better awards contender.

But it was originally slotted for November 10.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 110May 26, 2018 4:59 PM

R107 yeah but it's not what they were talking about....his role in OTBOS is not going to turn him into a superstar, it's not going to be a role to remember where everybody is like "shit the next Bale" or "shit the next McConaughey" and grant him leading roles in major movies. It's an ok supporting role in a movie that will focus on Ruth and Felicity...the devoted good husband...nothing crazy

by Anonymousreply 111May 26, 2018 4:59 PM

R111 I am not saying that either. I just said he'll campaign for it & got called a little fangirl. But it's basic awards season work that every actor does. Nothing more, nothing less.

by Anonymousreply 112May 26, 2018 5:05 PM

I thought the Christopher Robin movie was coming out this summer. I have plans to take my niece.

by Anonymousreply 113May 26, 2018 6:05 PM

Yes another one is coming out R113.

by Anonymousreply 114May 26, 2018 6:09 PM

winnie the pooh movie??...i love that shit to hell i didn't even know there was another one.

by Anonymousreply 115May 26, 2018 6:29 PM

I liked the one with Dominic&Margot.

by Anonymousreply 116May 26, 2018 7:46 PM

The guy he kissed his actor Jeremy Glazer

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 117May 26, 2018 8:28 PM

He's doing alright considering his limited talent. He is lucky to be able to choose projects without needing to make money. He's choosing well I think. Sadly he'll always be relegated for rich white arrogant men secondary characters. Not that there's anything terribly wrong with it. Character roles are good enough. His social image doesn't help.

by Anonymousreply 118May 26, 2018 8:38 PM

Doesn't he have any other shirts? He wears the same shit again & again

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 119May 26, 2018 9:56 PM

That could make for an interesting two-hander. Two very tall guys who have to solve crimes in the Hamptons for some reason.

Someone pitch it to CBS.

by Anonymousreply 120May 26, 2018 10:01 PM

[quote]winnie the pooh movie??...i love that shit to hell i didn't even know there was another one.

Goodbye Christopher Robin was strictly about A.A Milne and his relationship with son Christopher Robin who grew up to hate being associated with Winnie the Pooh. Christopher Robin is about Christopher Robin of the books, now grown up and Winnie and Co. trying to get him in touch with his imagination.

by Anonymousreply 121May 26, 2018 10:24 PM

R121 yeah I was not familiar with the first movie nor the story behind pooh...i'm hooked now i have to watch this. prob will like the second one better.

by Anonymousreply 122May 26, 2018 10:49 PM

Let's get married under a revival tent, said no gay man ever.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 123May 26, 2018 11:34 PM

With Mrs Stephanopolous

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 124May 27, 2018 2:48 AM

No photos of Armie being a drunk mess at the wedding yet?

by Anonymousreply 125May 27, 2018 2:55 AM

We’re getting there

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 126May 27, 2018 3:17 AM

Yikes.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 127May 27, 2018 3:40 AM

Did Liz walk into a stained glass window? The fuck is that outfit.

by Anonymousreply 128May 27, 2018 3:48 AM

What a dork

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 129May 27, 2018 4:18 AM

She looks like the night hostess at Denny’s

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 130May 27, 2018 5:44 AM

I thought you were joking, R130. But no.

Plus, the fresh botox/heavy eye makeup combo is giving her an evil vibe.

by Anonymousreply 131May 27, 2018 6:03 AM

The eyebrow situation needs to be fixed asap. Why won't her friends help her? Also that hair is tragic

by Anonymousreply 132May 27, 2018 6:50 AM

50 shades of monotony

by Anonymousreply 133May 27, 2018 7:19 AM

Celebrities and their false friendships.

by Anonymousreply 134May 27, 2018 7:22 AM

“Homer, you’ve got the makeup gun set to ‘whore’!”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 135May 27, 2018 8:09 AM

She continues to look evil in R135's pic...

by Anonymousreply 136May 27, 2018 8:21 AM

It amazes me that Mrs perfect is fine with his husband looking drunk and high half the time. And I´m not talking about this wedding but in general.

by Anonymousreply 137May 27, 2018 8:37 AM

R137 I mean if he's like that at 32 imagine how immature he was 10 years ago.

by Anonymousreply 138May 27, 2018 8:44 AM

R138 I think it is just an act. He strikes me as a grounded guy who just likes to let loose once in a while due to the pressure he's under.

by Anonymousreply 139May 27, 2018 10:30 AM

Yeah, I get the feeling that Armie's a cutup; impish. A bit of a class clown on set from what I've seen. I don't think it's necessarily immaturity. He seems to enjoy life and wants others to enjoy it, too.

by Anonymousreply 140May 27, 2018 1:25 PM

R129 what's up with Joe's hair. I hadn't seen a recent pic of him. Is it for a movie? I hope so.

by Anonymousreply 141May 27, 2018 1:28 PM

BTW: Whose wedding was it?

by Anonymousreply 142May 27, 2018 1:30 PM

R142 Matt and Jesse.

by Anonymousreply 143May 27, 2018 1:31 PM

Is Abigail Spencer going to be at every wedding from now on?She was at the royal wedding just last week.

by Anonymousreply 144May 27, 2018 1:37 PM

Well for me being a class clown at 32 or worse deciding to opt for that public image is immature and it doesn't do him any good. but sure it's cute for likes.

by Anonymousreply 145May 27, 2018 1:45 PM

R145 do you ever get a nosebleed? Lighten up! In this instance, he's letting loose at a wedding reception. Most people do.

by Anonymousreply 146May 27, 2018 1:48 PM

R146 do u ever stretch your piehole? the fuck i give about a wedding i was talking in general.

by Anonymousreply 147May 27, 2018 2:04 PM

R142 here

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 148May 27, 2018 2:08 PM

Thanks! Now, I wonder about his mom's comments earlier in the week. She said she really approved of the title of Armie's Broadway play. Did she know he was going to a gay wedding that weekend and was making a statement? It seemed so random at the time.

by Anonymousreply 149May 27, 2018 2:15 PM

Well, his mom kind of had bad timing...don’t think she knows anything related to the play.

by Anonymousreply 150May 27, 2018 2:20 PM

Yes Straigth White Men is a critique of toxic masculinity and bourgeois expectations... doubt his mother is familiar with it.

You can read the reviews from the Chicago Steppenwolf production - it doesn't sound like it's a very strong Broadway vehicle. Probably should have been workshopped off-Broadway before moving to the big theaters, it could end up flopping.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 151May 27, 2018 2:35 PM

Additionally Hammer is playing the brother who is an academic and a writer - God knows who thought this was a good idea; he should be playing the other brother, an arrogant banker.

by Anonymousreply 152May 27, 2018 2:38 PM

Well he plays similar roles in Call me and Last Portrait so nothing new.

Leave that poor white conservative woman alone...she's 60+ and prob thought it was a legit ode to her own fav group of people.

by Anonymousreply 153May 27, 2018 2:45 PM

The best joke I heard about CMBYN is that you shoudn't see it to see Armie Hammer try to play gay, you should see it to see him try to play an academic.

by Anonymousreply 154May 27, 2018 2:51 PM

Wasn't Oliver's character exactly that? Oliver was so handsome that Elio had doubts about his academic abilities. In the book when Oliver asks what Elio likes to do, he says reading last because he didn't think someone as physically fit as Oliver liked to read much.

by Anonymousreply 155May 27, 2018 2:59 PM

His mother publicly saying that she "loved" the play's title is so much worse than anything Armie or Liz ever did.She's racist,sexist,just gross in general.She's the typical obnoxious Trump voter.

by Anonymousreply 156May 27, 2018 2:59 PM

R154 a joke that's been abused worse than Monica Bellucci's ass in Irreversible....time to move on.

by Anonymousreply 157May 27, 2018 3:04 PM

Dru Hummer is best understood as a cross between Tracey Ullman's Birdie Godsen and Arrested Development's Lucille Bluth.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 158May 27, 2018 3:09 PM

Don't smear the good name of Lucille Bluth like that!

by Anonymousreply 159May 27, 2018 3:13 PM

OK then, Malory Archer.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 160May 27, 2018 3:17 PM

The wedding food wasn't enough, so our little triple A battery gorged on coffee and ice cream last night!

by Anonymousreply 161May 27, 2018 3:37 PM

Egh, meant donuts and ice cream.

by Anonymousreply 162May 27, 2018 3:39 PM

I give Armie 5 years.....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 163May 27, 2018 3:40 PM

R163 five years for what?

by Anonymousreply 164May 27, 2018 3:42 PM

For learning Farsi, Rose.

by Anonymousreply 165May 27, 2018 3:43 PM

R164 really??

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 166May 27, 2018 3:45 PM

Oh, I didn't realize that was PSYCHO or a man in drag in the photo. Never seen the film but obviously know of it and the famous shower scene and I think he dresses up as his dead mom to commit these crimes.

by Anonymousreply 167May 27, 2018 3:49 PM

I doubt that would happen to Armie as he already had his wife as his replacement mother.

by Anonymousreply 168May 27, 2018 4:02 PM

So when do the rehearsals begin?

by Anonymousreply 169May 27, 2018 4:04 PM

Amrie married at a very young age which I think is a mistake. He’s a wild animal who probably feels like to have been imprisoned with her needy and clingy personality.

The reason he still stays with her because his career is not that successful and a perfect marriage/family is the only thing that helps his image and saves his face.

Deep down, he just wants to let loose, go crazy and fucks whomever he wants.

by Anonymousreply 170May 27, 2018 4:05 PM

On the other hand, maybe early marriage was a wise decision. Wife and children don't let his wild nature destroy his life. They limit his opportunities but save him from self-destruction.

by Anonymousreply 171May 27, 2018 4:27 PM

I may have to disagree. Everything has its limits and once the limiteeached its point, things might become even worse nastier

by Anonymousreply 172May 27, 2018 4:30 PM

Would you have liked to see him as Johnny Depp?

by Anonymousreply 173May 27, 2018 4:35 PM

I would love to see him as Joaquin Phoenix , Michael Keaton or Colin Farrell or fucking Mel Gibson. But he will always be Hayden Christensen.

by Anonymousreply 174May 27, 2018 4:45 PM

He's a much better actor than Hayden and his career so far is far more impressive than Hayden's.

by Anonymousreply 175May 27, 2018 5:13 PM

R175 compared to a Joaquin Phoenix he's an Hayden Christensen.

by Anonymousreply 176May 27, 2018 5:17 PM

R174 that's the meanest thing I've read on here and I'me the ones that makes fun of his wife's bulimia.

by Anonymousreply 177May 27, 2018 5:17 PM

Hammer is not a versatile actor and his career will go nowhere. He did a good job in CMBYN and that’s it. He’s lucky to be offered for that role. How many more lucks can he get in the future?

by Anonymousreply 178May 27, 2018 5:18 PM

R178 why are you so negative?

by Anonymousreply 179May 27, 2018 5:20 PM

I’m sure Luca will cast him in another movie of his in the future.

by Anonymousreply 180May 27, 2018 5:32 PM

Yep IMO he's lacking something. Can't put my finger on it. But to think he almost turned down the role....

by Anonymousreply 181May 27, 2018 5:39 PM

The CMBYN role. **

by Anonymousreply 182May 27, 2018 5:40 PM

He should have turned it down. It was a mistake in retrospect.

by Anonymousreply 183May 27, 2018 5:56 PM

R183 pls don’t open ur mouth ever again. Your brain has not worked properly, I suppose.

by Anonymousreply 184May 27, 2018 6:00 PM

Armie has even admitted the role has not helped him get offers. It was a hail mary pass that did not work out.

by Anonymousreply 185May 27, 2018 6:03 PM

I have faith in Luca! C’mon, don’t let him down!

by Anonymousreply 186May 27, 2018 6:39 PM

I didn't notice this before but paulo Coelho responded to him. He must have been over the moon.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 187May 27, 2018 6:59 PM

You think Armie is actually a fan of Paulo Coelho, instead of just pulling the quote off some wisdom-a-day calendar?

by Anonymousreply 188May 27, 2018 7:00 PM

He fought with a guy over this tweet. I think he's a fan.

by Anonymousreply 189May 27, 2018 7:04 PM

One doesn't have to be a fan to protect their ego. To me a fan can be a fan without seeking approval from a stranger.

by Anonymousreply 190May 27, 2018 7:30 PM

I'm not 188

by Anonymousreply 191May 27, 2018 7:32 PM

Our little candycane is devouring a box full of pastries! Even I have never done that and I'm in the worst shape of my life.

by Anonymousreply 192May 27, 2018 7:57 PM

I am exhausted just by looking at her food stories.All day it's just foods. How much can 1 person eat?

by Anonymousreply 193May 27, 2018 8:08 PM

You can eat an enormous amount if you NEVER DIGEST IT.

by Anonymousreply 194May 27, 2018 8:11 PM

Now she’s shoveling cake into her piehole.

by Anonymousreply 195May 27, 2018 8:14 PM

My anorexic/bulimic female friend can eat 3 times more than anybody who sits at the table I can't understand where the food is stored in such a tiny body. She pretty much vomits all main meals but keeps eating sweets all day mixed with large amounts of white wine. She's restless and works like a machine I can't even keep up with her because she takes plenty of "energy" medications . She doesn't do botox or any of that shit and it shows,she looks 15 years older than her age.

by Anonymousreply 196May 27, 2018 8:18 PM

Liz is obnoxious. I can’t wait him to dump her.

by Anonymousreply 197May 27, 2018 8:27 PM

Wait for him*

by Anonymousreply 198May 27, 2018 8:28 PM

How is she 35? she look old as fuck

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 199May 27, 2018 8:33 PM

Well vomiting three times a day does take its toll.

by Anonymousreply 200May 27, 2018 8:38 PM

The endless logging of what she eats is just so pathetic. Does it along with "our little XXX" represent the height of your attempts at wit? It didn't take off the first time, give it up.

Here's a lesson. If it's bitchy and genuinely funny, it belongs on DL. If it's dull repetition and sounds more like a spreadsheet trying to be funny, it belongs on Tumblr.

by Anonymousreply 201May 27, 2018 8:42 PM

R201 from Liz to you

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 202May 27, 2018 8:46 PM

I don't think she looks that much older than she is but she looks very confident and has that evil look. But I love the veneers. She's dull. R47 and r43 said it all in a very bitchy manner. Cute kids, cute cakes, bird bakery and a hot husband. She has it all but something is missing.

by Anonymousreply 203May 27, 2018 8:47 PM

[quote]How is she 35? she look old as fuck

Armie looks like he's 45 so it could be worse for the Ms.

by Anonymousreply 204May 27, 2018 9:07 PM

He doesn't look 45.

by Anonymousreply 205May 27, 2018 9:26 PM

R204 All that flying, junk food and "I can consume massive amounts of alcohol"-attitude, tanning adds up at one point. But he doesn't look 45, but older than he is definitely.

by Anonymousreply 206May 27, 2018 9:27 PM

Tall people always look older. I was the tallest & youngest in my school but i always looked older

by Anonymousreply 207May 27, 2018 9:29 PM

Look how you can see the outline of the bones in her elbow joint

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 208May 27, 2018 10:10 PM

Can we move on from the wife's eating disorder?

by Anonymousreply 209May 27, 2018 10:13 PM

Sure, once Armie does something interesting.

I can wait.

by Anonymousreply 210May 27, 2018 10:15 PM

I think Liz looks an awful lot like Sela Ward, down to the pointy brows and jaw lock. Only sightly younger, like Sela in her 50s. Do you see the resemblance too?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 211May 27, 2018 11:17 PM

You're totally right r211! I knew she reminded me of someone.

by Anonymousreply 212May 27, 2018 11:18 PM

R124 Is it just me or Armie never looks this handsome and youthful in the pictures his wife posts? She's hiding the good oned. Her insecurity is ludicrous! He looks so dreamy!

by Anonymousreply 213May 28, 2018 12:07 AM

It's just you and you're reaching.

by Anonymousreply 214May 28, 2018 12:09 AM

No, I'm reaching!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 215May 28, 2018 1:11 AM

She's so proud of her weight. It's kind of disturbing.

by Anonymousreply 216May 28, 2018 1:17 AM

She desperately needs a new hairstyle.

by Anonymousreply 217May 28, 2018 1:18 AM

R102 - imo dismissing OTBOS Award chances as a mere fangiirl delusion is a bit too hasty. I think the film imay be a serious contender. As mentioned in the linked Vanity fair piece, the CNN documenrary about RGB in theaters right now is a box office hit for the genre and its already being deemed as documenrary of the year. Obviously a lot of people gave interest in the subject and the docunenrary is helping build momentum for the movie. Armie's chsnces of a nom are as good as any other actor in the conversation. And, at this time, beung in that watchlist again is excellent. I think he's doing fine, building an interesting body of work....I think eventually he'll get there. Alright. I'll get off my soap box now!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 218May 28, 2018 1:22 AM

It's not fangirl delusion at all. OTBOS was test screened and THEN moved into their prime awards season release date, suggesting good things. If people were suggesting he was gonna be in the conversation for Sorry to Bother You then that would be fangirl delusion.

OTBOS is about as Oscar baity as you can get on paper.

by Anonymousreply 219May 28, 2018 1:25 AM

'The film opens November 9 and Participant, Jeff Skoll’s production company that eyes projects with social messages, plans to use the momentum they’ve created with RBG to help lure audiences into On the Basis of Sex.

“When we do campaigns, we love to have them live beyond one particular film,” said Weyermann. “It was a great opportunity to start our campaign [on gender-equality issues] with the documentary and follow it into the narrative film this fall.”

The company is levying its relationships with the A.C.L.U., law firms across the country, and other progressive organizations and corporations to get audiences excited about this RBG moment.'

by Anonymousreply 220May 28, 2018 1:35 AM

R219 R220 Aye! We're on the same page!. The timing for OTBOS is perfect and if they plug it away properly the odds are good.

R215 Don't sneak up on me like that! How creepy!

by Anonymousreply 221May 28, 2018 1:49 AM

Mimi Leder is the director of the notoriously bad failed Oscarbait Pay It Forward. This movie isn’t going to be a contender. If it was, Natalie Portman would still be starring in it.

by Anonymousreply 222May 28, 2018 1:51 AM

She's also highly acclaimed for her work on The Leftovers. If it wasn't going to be a contender they wouldn't have moved Mary Queen of Scots (which is also receiving positive early word) out of the way for it. Wouldn't make any sense whatsoever.

by Anonymousreply 223May 28, 2018 1:53 AM

Nobody said the movie itself won't get nom, we already discussed about this plenty of times, it's Armie who won't stand a chance at being nom. Maybe Felicity will get one but Armie's role is solid material but nothing spectacular.

It's not like nobody knows about the movie or the director or the subject of the movie....lol, everything from AW has been c/p here 3 times lol.

by Anonymousreply 224May 28, 2018 5:03 AM

The original comment said it was ridiculous fangirl behavior to act like Armie would be given a campaign. Why would he not be given a campaign if the film is strong elsewhere? Unless you know something I don't, the only description I've heard of Armie's role is that it is significant and baity. Even if it wasn't, coattail nominations exist. Was Woody Harrelson's role in Three Billboards spectacular? Not at all, but he got in on the strength of the film elsewhere. To some Armie was seen as snubbed this year and that will be a part of a narrative for him.

It's not remotely ridiculous to state that Focus will be campaigning at least two actors from their prime awards season film. That is absolutely what they will be doing and Armie is that second actor in terms of screentime and role significance. Therefore he will be campaigned.

by Anonymousreply 225May 28, 2018 5:08 AM

R225 and you really pay that much attention if one single idiot troll calls a fangirl? I'm not gonna re-do this entire convo for the 4th time tbh...go back and read what ppl discussed already and let's wait for NEW details. Armie has too much competition to be in the top 5...not to say he won't get some recognition or praise as I said he has a solid role but that's it...and that's tot fine for his career.

by Anonymousreply 226May 28, 2018 5:23 AM

R226 You're contradicting yourself. All anyone here is saying is that he will get a campaign, not that he will get a nomination. He COULD get a nomination and his competition right now looks weak, although obviously that could change. You can't say let's wait for new details and then straight after state that he definitely wont get a nomination. Far stranger things have happened.

by Anonymousreply 227May 28, 2018 5:26 AM

R227 No I'm really not.... and by that time I COULD become a billionaire and he COULD become Jack Nicholson,who knows! I'm sure he will get an Oscar,every dream comes true in the City Of Angels.

by Anonymousreply 228May 28, 2018 5:32 AM

Okay. I can see that it's important to you that he has 0% chance of being nominated so I'll let you believe that.

by Anonymousreply 229May 28, 2018 5:33 AM

R229 you're a fangirl, bye.

by Anonymousreply 230May 28, 2018 5:36 AM

Sure. I assume tyjagi from AW is also a fangirl then considering he is predicting him to be nominated and I'm not, just think he has a chance at this early stage.

by Anonymousreply 231May 28, 2018 5:39 AM

[quote]Unless you know something I don't, the only description I've heard of Armie's role is that it is significant and baity.

Having read the script, I can tell you that the role isn't THAT baity. It's a significant part because the role of Marty is the spouse of the lead, and he was involved in the case the film is built around. He gets a little bit of courtroom time, but at its core it's a husband role - most of what he does involves being supportive of Ruth. I am not saying that Armie couldn't get a coattail nomination if the film's momentum ends up being strong enough. But based on what's there in the script, I don't really see it happening otherwise.

by Anonymousreply 232May 28, 2018 5:40 AM

R232 Thanks for your input. I assume the people saying it was baity were reflecting on how often supportive wife roles are nominated and assuming it could happen the other way round. One of the people on AW who has read the script is predicting him to be nominated.

by Anonymousreply 233May 28, 2018 5:42 AM

One user predicting him to be nominated means very little, especially if the entire AW thread is about him not having such strong role or criticizing his acting skills. I think on DL we are far more generous than what the general movie fans towards him. That said I think he could be in the top 10 range but the top 5 are just out of reach.

by Anonymousreply 234May 28, 2018 5:50 AM

Eh if that user is the one that has actually read the script then I would disagree. At the end of the day he got a GG nomination for CMBYN and multiple critics awards noms. He was clearly not far away from the top five. If OTBOS proves to be a stronger contender than CMBYN and the category remains as weak as it does now then it could happen. Anyone saying it couldn't doesn't understand how these things work.

by Anonymousreply 235May 28, 2018 5:52 AM

[quote] I assume the people saying it was baity were reflecting on how often supportive wife roles are nominated and assuming it could happen the other way round.

Yes, I can see how they might think that - Marty is largely a gender-switched version of a supportive wife role. But the male acting races always have a much larger and richer field of contenders to narrow down than the female ones - the competition is almost always fiercer even in weak years. Honestly, I liked the script but once the legal stuff really kicks in I found it to drag a bit - it will be interesting to see the finished product.

by Anonymousreply 236May 28, 2018 6:07 AM

Everything is possible but I tend to be more realistic. There are multiple people who watched the early screenings, even if some editing can be corrected the role and the story can't be changed. The supporting cat. is not weak at all,there are many actors who have real interesting roles to cover the top 5 and it's only just begun....also there are actors who every year are kinda "due" or have major movies already lined up and a nom would increase their visibility for the following season. Armie being nom with no major roles lined up, and the token devoted husband role seems too unrealistic. He needs to still prove himself as an actor,he still misses that one strong performance to seal the deal and it won't be this one.

by Anonymousreply 237May 28, 2018 6:09 AM

R236 where did u read the script?

by Anonymousreply 238May 28, 2018 6:12 AM

R238 Nominations are more about politics than the work itself. Sam Rockwell is brilliant exemple of the behind the scenes maneuvering. Woukd I mind terribly not seeing him again? To be really honest I'm not sur I'd recognize him at all. And I sure want to see Armie If the cards are played right, Armie has a chance. He'll just have to learn to keep his mouth shut about sensitive topics come awards season. The wife's craziness may be an issue though.

by Anonymousreply 239May 28, 2018 10:46 AM

One of these days a bee is going to fly right in there.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 240May 28, 2018 10:54 AM

That one poster seems deranged being adamant that Armie won't get a nomination. Nobody is saying that he will, but he will definitely campaign. For Supporting Actor, that is. Whether it works and he gets nominated is an entirely different issue. All we're saying is that the film is Oscar-bait and there will be a campaign for most involved.

That said, I'm just glad they got an American to play the husband. I was not feeling another Brit playing another American icon.

by Anonymousreply 241May 28, 2018 2:13 PM

No one cares who plays the husband but the fact that the actual lead is being played by a gentile Brit instead of either an American, a Jew, or an American Jew will hurt the film.

And campaigning is based on feedback from the film, if the marketers and distributors feel that the role could get a nomination, then they will decide if he campaigns for it. You don't just campaign on your own.

by Anonymousreply 242May 28, 2018 2:23 PM

R241 Which poster?

by Anonymousreply 243May 28, 2018 2:24 PM

Off topic : I miss Luca & Armie together. They had an intense director-actor relationship which is not so common nowadays & to me, it was fascinating.

by Anonymousreply 244May 28, 2018 2:32 PM

R240 I pray she's allergic.

by Anonymousreply 245May 28, 2018 2:41 PM

LOL.

by Anonymousreply 246May 28, 2018 3:06 PM

Armie has completed an errand run on foot! How he toils for his art.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 247May 28, 2018 3:31 PM

Is Chelsea always this irritating?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 248May 28, 2018 3:41 PM

R242 Most Brit actors are extremely talented and easy to work with plus cheaper.Nothing wrong with a Brit being the lead in this film.

by Anonymousreply 249May 28, 2018 4:40 PM

Cheaper is they're unknown, you fucking dumbass, not if they're already an Oscar nominee.

by Anonymousreply 250May 28, 2018 4:48 PM

Mrs H selling Armie like a good stage mom

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 251May 28, 2018 5:30 PM

She was so much more softer-looking before all the botox. She seemed more easygoing too.

by Anonymousreply 252May 28, 2018 5:57 PM

Liz is obnoxious. She is trying too hard to be Kim #2. Girl, please! You don’t have what it takes.

by Anonymousreply 253May 28, 2018 6:36 PM

She's been using that awful hairstyle for 8 years

by Anonymousreply 254May 28, 2018 6:58 PM

R253 now you have all changed your tune?? So from Kim Kardashian is talentless to Mrs HAmmer doesn't measure up? Make up your minds.....

by Anonymousreply 255May 28, 2018 9:51 PM

"what it takes" They probably just mean Kim's ass, tits, mom and deranged husband.

by Anonymousreply 256May 28, 2018 10:02 PM

Is Abigail Spencer not with Josh Pence anymore? No signs of him on her Instagram and he didn't seem to be at the wedding.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 257May 28, 2018 10:40 PM

Lol! Mrs Hammer does her Memorial Day post 30 mins before midnight.

by Anonymousreply 258May 29, 2018 3:35 AM

R257 leggy

by Anonymousreply 259May 29, 2018 7:42 AM

Where is he staying in NY? Anyone knows?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 260May 29, 2018 7:46 AM

Maybe shelter island? It was in Mrs H's story. Spotted at a Starbucks yesterday.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 261May 29, 2018 8:39 AM

Shelter Island and commuting to Manhattan to rehearse (and later perform)? That's insane.

by Anonymousreply 262May 29, 2018 9:17 AM

My guess is somewhere close to the Hayes Theater,maybe within walking distance. It looks like the kids might be in colorado while they're settling in? I expect reunion photos soon.

by Anonymousreply 263May 29, 2018 10:42 AM

Maybe he's in for the full experience and staying at Westbeth Artists Housing. That restaurant where Mrs Hsmmer are the salad is in that area.

by Anonymousreply 264May 29, 2018 10:52 AM

MrsH's reply to @biscarod's comment got me cackling

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 265May 29, 2018 1:14 PM

She completely missed the point and that dress is visual pollution. Oktoberfest got better outfits.

by Anonymousreply 266May 29, 2018 1:58 PM

Confess who among you is this?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 267May 29, 2018 4:03 PM

A dress? Shocker! It looks like a two piece, complete with apron. It looks like a waiter uniforn. And the bar is not that elegant.

by Anonymousreply 268May 29, 2018 4:20 PM

R267 seriously, is someone posting on here going to see this play?

by Anonymousreply 269May 29, 2018 4:43 PM

R269 I don't even live in this continent, don't ask me.

by Anonymousreply 270May 29, 2018 5:07 PM

If I say I'm visiting USA for Armie's play I'm gonna be deported right away.

by Anonymousreply 271May 29, 2018 5:42 PM

Well, I don’t live in the US either, but there must be some NYers posting here who could do it, if they are interested of course.

by Anonymousreply 272May 29, 2018 5:47 PM

The play will be sold out in seconds, not minutes, if he is willing to show his long thick juicy pinky 8+ inch penis

by Anonymousreply 273May 29, 2018 6:21 PM

Hahaha, that won’t happen any time soon....

by Anonymousreply 274May 29, 2018 6:27 PM

I'd like to see the play but I'll be very difficult for me to travel across the pond this summer

by Anonymousreply 275May 29, 2018 7:42 PM

Pics from the reharsal. He looks the hottest in a tight t shirt.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 276May 29, 2018 9:54 PM

He is so fucking attractive and, oddly, always looks his best in casual clothes.

by Anonymousreply 277May 29, 2018 10:24 PM

He looks better than usual as of late. The extra weight agrees with him.

by Anonymousreply 278May 29, 2018 10:29 PM

I find him a bit ordinary

by Anonymousreply 279May 29, 2018 10:33 PM

R279 I wish I could say that I find him a bit ordinary too.

by Anonymousreply 280May 29, 2018 10:44 PM

OMG look at her legs

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 281May 29, 2018 10:51 PM

The guests at this wedding appear to have been almost entirely white gay men in their 40s who are the same height

by Anonymousreply 282May 29, 2018 10:53 PM

Link.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 283May 29, 2018 10:53 PM

quality people.

by Anonymousreply 284May 29, 2018 11:13 PM

Jesus Christ, is Tom Skerrit dying?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 285May 29, 2018 11:17 PM

R282 well spotted! So sad...

by Anonymousreply 286May 29, 2018 11:23 PM

R282 Armie's derrière is so distracting.

by Anonymousreply 287May 29, 2018 11:49 PM

R286 what's sad about that? I don't like nor understand this new expectation that everyone must have a collection of black, Asian, Latino friends. That may be what Hollywood is currently presenting, but it's not reality. Most people tend to gravitate toward others like themselves. Heck, you won't even find many masculine gays mingling with effetes.

by Anonymousreply 288May 30, 2018 1:08 AM

If you can’t understand the problem of gay monoculture among those in positions of power/influence, I feel sorry for you.

It’s because of gay men like Jess Cagle that Sexiest Man Alive was given to that hick singer from The Voice.

by Anonymousreply 289May 30, 2018 2:49 AM

When did Armie's ass get so big?

by Anonymousreply 290May 30, 2018 6:59 AM

[quote]OMG look at her legs

She has no body fat left, it's just flesh and bone now. There's no way she doesn't have some kind of a problem at this point. She did NOT look like that before Ford was born.

by Anonymousreply 291May 30, 2018 7:08 AM

R288 I tend to mingle with those who are my intellectual and lifestyle equals, which includes all sorts of people.

You should try it....

by Anonymousreply 292May 30, 2018 10:21 AM

What’s really fascinating is that many of these gay men of similar height and similar age have similar jobs: Far left is George Cheeks, Universal cable productions prez; next over is Jason Clodfelter, Sony Pictures Television prez; next over is Michael Minden, MGM Television legal prez.

I read a comment recently on Deadline where someone said that Greg Berlanti being so prolific was good for diversity, to which someone replied, “Being a gay white man in Hollywood isn’t diversity.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 293May 30, 2018 10:56 AM

All of those guys look like they were made in the same factory. And as has been pointed out, many of them are in positions of power in the entertainment industry - they get to decide what we get to see, and who we get to see doing it. So if you're a POC, it's a little troubling to know that they apparently have few friends/acquaintances who aren't similar to themselves. They have self-sorted in their own lives - do you doubt for a moment that they're doing the same thing in their jobs? And that's what people of color (straight and GLBT) and women, are up against in Hollywood. These guys will hire people similar to themselves, and they will choose, consciously or not, to depict similar people in the media that they produce.

by Anonymousreply 294May 30, 2018 11:29 AM

Dru must having been praying all weekend. Lol. Liz is so phony Armie will be woke one day.

by Anonymousreply 295May 30, 2018 11:32 AM

white gays are "diversity" in HW? haha fucking pleaseeee...

by Anonymousreply 296May 30, 2018 11:32 AM

R294 and what's also sad is that many of these gays are Uncle Toms who don't want to hire out gay actors or actors of color... Jess Cagle is the worst of them, he'd rather put an unsexy straight white man on the sexiest man alive cover than an out gay man or a black man.

by Anonymousreply 297May 30, 2018 11:40 AM

Shouldn’t they be supportive of other gay people?

by Anonymousreply 298May 30, 2018 11:42 AM

Wow, this thread is turning interesting for a change. Like it. It must be attracting the right people....

by Anonymousreply 299May 30, 2018 12:02 PM

R298 internalized homophobia.

by Anonymousreply 300May 30, 2018 12:10 PM

R298 among minorities who achieve success behind the scenes in Hollywood there is still great pressure to maintain the "status quo"... best example being that Channing Dunguey the first black woman to run a network, is the one who greenlit the Roseanne reboot in the first place. Heck, Jewish actors are still changing their last names.

by Anonymousreply 301May 30, 2018 12:39 PM

[quote]Jesus Christ, is Tom Skerrit dying?

R285 - Well, the guy is almost 85. So in a manner of speaking, he probably has only about another 10-15 years left if he's lucky.

by Anonymousreply 302May 30, 2018 1:00 PM

So Armie is playing Matt, the protagonist? Now...those front row seats became even more tempting.

by Anonymousreply 303May 30, 2018 1:24 PM

Someone here said he plays Drew maybe? He is the youngest of the 3 actors cast as sons.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 304May 30, 2018 1:33 PM

According to IBDb, he's playing 'Drew:' Ha! A name very similar to his mom's.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 305May 30, 2018 1:42 PM

Jesus R303 reading the fucking thread, we just discussed this. Asshole.

by Anonymousreply 306May 30, 2018 1:43 PM

R304 Drew, hey? The socially conscious professor and writer? Oh my... the "woke king stans" will have a field day. I hear Drew sings?

by Anonymousreply 307May 30, 2018 2:28 PM

Drew is the antagonist because he's elitist, the sjws won't like him.

by Anonymousreply 308May 30, 2018 3:11 PM

It looks like Armie will prssent ar the Tony Awards! Nice, the boy is going all out for his broadway début.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 309May 30, 2018 3:27 PM

R308 like they can tell the difference.

by Anonymousreply 310May 30, 2018 3:29 PM

R307 if Armie sings with voice of his, fangurls will drop dead.

by Anonymousreply 311May 30, 2018 3:31 PM

R309 he is so thirsty I love it

by Anonymousreply 312May 30, 2018 3:33 PM

That’s a really good move, hope his play doesn’t flop.

by Anonymousreply 313May 30, 2018 3:42 PM

R312 why does that make him thirsty? It's part of the process. All movie actors who do Broadway present at the Tonys.

by Anonymousreply 314May 30, 2018 3:49 PM

R314 I know I am being a bitch. I have to give him props for his work ethic. He has a movie coming out this summer with a broadway play for 3 months. Then he has another movie this awards season with an oscar campaign to do. on top of all this, he has already shot a movie for next year. He's incredibly hardworking.

by Anonymousreply 315May 30, 2018 4:00 PM

Next year, if everything goes well, he will have two movies, Hotel Mumbai included.

by Anonymousreply 316May 30, 2018 4:04 PM

R315 You forgot the 2 projects with Dav Patel, Home shopper and Hotel Mumbai. If they sort out the legal issues, it may come out next year too. I agree. Armie works tirerelessly, by any standards. But for a guy.who wouldn't need to work.a day in his life, chapeau!

by Anonymousreply 317May 30, 2018 5:25 PM

Home Shopper is a short movie and was premiered at Cannes. He has many chances to have Hotel Mumbai next year, but don’t know how that will do with the awards circuit.

by Anonymousreply 318May 30, 2018 5:30 PM

R318 That's what I meant, it = Hotel Mumbai is still in the backburner for, maybe, next year. I think Home shopper premiered at Sundance earlier this year not Cannes.

by Anonymousreply 319May 30, 2018 8:35 PM

Jesus, Hotel Mumbai is a B movie.

by Anonymousreply 320May 30, 2018 8:49 PM

R320 - How do you know?

by Anonymousreply 321May 30, 2018 9:32 PM

So, Mrs H is back in LA?

by Anonymousreply 322May 30, 2018 10:00 PM

Wait....twitter is abuzz .... Tim Shallowmeats is desperately seeking Armie.... what the hell?!

by Anonymousreply 323May 31, 2018 12:07 AM

Seeking?? But the shippers are already living for it.

by Anonymousreply 324May 31, 2018 12:13 AM

Blimey?! Did someone hack into their twitter accounts or something? The shippers are all out in full force.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 325May 31, 2018 12:16 AM

No1curr about the shippers, including them.

by Anonymousreply 326May 31, 2018 12:20 AM

They care. They so do and might want to fuck with the shippers. Otherwise they'd facetimed or whatnot. Love the "I'm ringing you now have a funny story for you" and the "you've been in London so long ..." Parts. They are having a convo, its not just commenting the lyrics. If it was, I'd agree with you. R326

by Anonymousreply 327May 31, 2018 12:27 AM

Wanting to fuck with them would mean that they didn't care though. They've always showed off their friendship for the benefit of their fans, and not just the shippers, before the shippers even existed. They know that it's something that pretty much all of their fans enjoy seeing. Gets them in people's good books.

by Anonymousreply 328May 31, 2018 12:29 AM

LOL Armie gets namechecked in the new Kimmy Schmidt season when they list rich kid actors

by Anonymousreply 329May 31, 2018 12:30 AM

I agree with PR but not that they don't care. Wanting to get in peoples good books means they care and are strategic about it. IF as you said - they weren't only genuine and showed OFF for all the fans out there - that's the definition of caring. You go that extra mile. Might want to fuck with __ see, I used a might there cause idk what's the goal but there's a goal be it self satisfactory or whatnot. R328

by Anonymousreply 330May 31, 2018 12:44 AM

Yeah but as I say I don't think it's anything to do with the shippers specifically. Go back to last August when Timmy posted an overreactive birthday tweet for Armie with caps lock and exclamation marks. Back in those days there were no shippers that took it seriously. And even now if you go through the responses to the new tweets the majority are like 'we love a friendship', 'iconic friendship' etc, even one response with a photo of Armie and Elizabeth saying 'this is iconic'. I think people on DL overreact about the shippers. They exist but they're hardly Larry shippers or whatever. Most of the really crazy shit stays on Tumblr which Armie or Timmy would never see. I just don't think it's something that is prominent enough to impact their daily lives or their friendship. And I think it's a shame that every time they interact people on here bring them up when people should just ignore their existence unless either of them acknowledge the shipping directly again.

by Anonymousreply 331May 31, 2018 12:48 AM

r331 I kind of agree. Most shippers are very adamant about keeping the shipping on Tumblr. The really intense larry-level ones, those that send creepy stuff to Armie and Elizabeth are very very few and I've noticed they tend to not be fluent in english. If you go down the rabbit hole (I did, a few months ago) and start checking tumblr blogs, twitter accounts and instagram to try to understand what the fuck these girls are thinking, you'll start to recognize a lot of similarities, the lack of coherent english, the same statements. My guess is there is an extremely small number of shippers that are that intense. And they're clearly deranged, not just shippers.

by Anonymousreply 332May 31, 2018 1:00 AM

I find it’s really really strange that Armie looked happiest when Timmy was around.

by Anonymousreply 333May 31, 2018 1:07 AM

R333 around what?

by Anonymousreply 334May 31, 2018 1:08 AM

R329 aren't most young actors today from rich families?

by Anonymousreply 335May 31, 2018 1:13 AM

r334 His dick?

by Anonymousreply 336May 31, 2018 1:14 AM

What was going on? Why did they tweet back n forth today on Twitter instead of over the phone? They talked to each other like lovers. Fuck them

by Anonymousreply 337May 31, 2018 1:15 AM

R337 Why is this making you angry?

by Anonymousreply 338May 31, 2018 1:16 AM

Like lovers? lol calm down. They were probably trying to tweet like 'stan' twitter. And Timmy and his heart eyes with Armie is not exactly new. He's a fanboy.

by Anonymousreply 339May 31, 2018 1:20 AM

Yeah 'dude I'm ringing you now' and 'get back to NY so we can hang' is not exactly like lovers.

by Anonymousreply 340May 31, 2018 1:22 AM

R332 those intense shippers are generally chinese or Japanese. That shipping goes on in Weibo.

by Anonymousreply 341May 31, 2018 1:27 AM

Armie is mine and mine only. He should stop contacting that pretentious Tim

by Anonymousreply 342May 31, 2018 1:28 AM

R341 show me the receipt, darling. Otherwise plz stop all the bs once and for all

by Anonymousreply 343May 31, 2018 1:29 AM

R343 Hello 14 year old weibo user

by Anonymousreply 344May 31, 2018 1:34 AM

I was the one who made the comment in R325 about the shippers being out in full force this evening. They are Lol but 2b-really-honest with you, I was joking. There are indeed some " charmie" lunatics out there but they're not a real problem. The vast majority of replies to their friendly banter are fairly innocent and amusing. These impromtu interactions are excellent to keep fans engaged in SM, - brilluant PR and all that - but they really seem to get on like a house on fire. It's fun to watch...like iit was fun to watch the interations with Henry..

by Anonymousreply 345May 31, 2018 2:01 AM

R322 Nick is back in LA too. I missed him. The Prince and the frog!

by Anonymousreply 346May 31, 2018 2:34 AM

R345 was this convo only for PR or was it something genuine in there as well?

by Anonymousreply 347May 31, 2018 4:28 AM

Armie's response seems genuine and reminds me of an old IG comment he made about Timmy's fans being stalkers. Then I'm sure they actually had a phone call but the decision to air out that they were going to have a phone call seems deliberate to me. So a bit of both.

by Anonymousreply 348May 31, 2018 4:35 AM

Genuine exchanges are usually done in private. They want that sequel to b green lighted. Nothing personal here

by Anonymousreply 349May 31, 2018 4:37 AM

R348 I agree with you, that’s why I asked. I like their friendship, and for all intents and purposes think it’s genuine, but sometimes they know how to use it in their favour too hehe.

by Anonymousreply 350May 31, 2018 4:42 AM

Eh this has nothing to do with the sequel that wouldn't be happening for years. Plenty of genuine interactions between friends happen on social media, famous or otherwise.

by Anonymousreply 351May 31, 2018 5:03 AM

They are friends and their friendship brings them great PR, so yeah they will make the most of it.

by Anonymousreply 352May 31, 2018 5:10 AM

-R309 Nice that Armie is presenting. I'm sure the Mrs. Will all over the red carpet

-R322 She's probably back in LA getting beauty treatments for the carpet.

by Anonymousreply 353May 31, 2018 11:53 AM

Mrs H will be best friends with Patti Lupone by the end of the night

by Anonymousreply 354May 31, 2018 2:35 PM

I can't wait to see her selfies with all the Broadway stars!

by Anonymousreply 355May 31, 2018 3:13 PM

Lupone can't wait to bless Armie's theater career.

by Anonymousreply 356May 31, 2018 3:17 PM

R356 That's a given. She loves hollywood in her territory. miaow

by Anonymousreply 357May 31, 2018 9:58 PM

Remember after Denzel, Viola Davis, Catherine Zeta-Jones, and Scarlett Johansson all won acting Tonys at the 2010 ceremony? There was a mini backlash from the Broadway community. Sutton Foster's brother Hunter, his midget wife (also an actress, forget her name), and their pals took to Facebook denouncing their wins and decrying the takeover of Hollywood on the Great White Way. Anyone remember that?

by Anonymousreply 358May 31, 2018 10:05 PM

Patty disssed Uma thurman's play a while ago. Also, Mrs H is on a vitamin drip

by Anonymousreply 359May 31, 2018 11:28 PM

R359 Patty likes to put actors in boxes, film or stage,. She thinks movie stars can't be credible stage actors because they lack the holy slills.. A bit snotty! Mrs Hammer is also at a fitting @ chanel. What are they thinking?!!!

by Anonymousreply 360June 1, 2018 12:12 AM

The crazy bitch can’t even refrain from storying while driving!

by Anonymousreply 361June 1, 2018 2:51 AM

Not once but TWICE, R361.

To paraphrase Warren Beatty - she doesn't want to live off-camera.

by Anonymousreply 362June 1, 2018 6:32 AM

SHE HAS NO THIGHS ANYMORE!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 363June 1, 2018 9:44 AM

She earns another Gargamel

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 364June 1, 2018 9:46 AM

Mrs H is an ENTREPRENEUR, people:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 365June 1, 2018 9:56 AM

She is kind of mannish

by Anonymousreply 366June 1, 2018 5:01 PM

She needs to learn how to soften those traits.

by Anonymousreply 367June 1, 2018 5:03 PM

You guys will no doubt have fun with this new still from Suspiria..

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 368June 1, 2018 7:03 PM

Luca will stop at nothing until his muses fuck

by Anonymousreply 369June 1, 2018 9:23 PM

R365 but Mrs H day job is actress. She acts a lot.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 370June 1, 2018 10:45 PM

What kind of ghetto magazine is that? That photo is old as fuck.

by Anonymousreply 371June 1, 2018 10:47 PM

R369 which muses the old ones or the new ones?

by Anonymousreply 372June 2, 2018 1:17 AM

R372 that's Dakota in the photo at R368 all shibari'd up. I am talking about Dakota & Armie

by Anonymousreply 373June 2, 2018 3:56 AM

Mrs H will make cupcakes with edible playdough. She has truly gone crazy

by Anonymousreply 374June 2, 2018 7:20 AM

R363 I think that picture is alarming, for real. Eat!

by Anonymousreply 375June 2, 2018 7:27 AM

R373 oh, I see....

by Anonymousreply 376June 2, 2018 8:37 AM

R374 Come on now... those edible dough cupcakes are a great idea for the skinny bird's bakery. They are gonna be made from scratch everyday from a can. Not ceazy at all. Dont be mean.

by Anonymousreply 377June 2, 2018 11:03 AM

She’s in the car with the two beta males and she thinks it’s RUDE that they’re staring into their phones.

The crazy bitch was just making boomerang videos yesterday while DRIVING!

by Anonymousreply 378June 2, 2018 11:10 AM

She can't perform even the most mundane tasks every damn day without posting about them on IG, and she's getting mad at the guys for being on their phones? How often is she checked out on the people around her - including her kids - in order to do just that?

by Anonymousreply 379June 2, 2018 12:48 PM

I'm pretty sure she was joking..

by Anonymousreply 380June 2, 2018 12:49 PM

R380 Of course se was joking but considering her track record the joke's on her. The woman is a social media tart. In an interview a while back Armie was on about his daughter askkng him and his wife to put their phones down which made him realise he had cut back on screen time. And he was never seemed to be THE addict like Mrs H is. Surely he sees she spends way to much time on social media and pesters everyone around her for pictures. She gloats about having over 100k pictures on her phone! She lives for the camera. Imo Armie comes across as much more mature than his wife now. Her work as his mentor is done (he actually said his wife mentored him!!). He'll want more sooner or later.

by Anonymousreply 381June 2, 2018 1:43 PM

R381 If you're so sure then that he's going to leave her then there's nothing to get so wound up about is there?

by Anonymousreply 382June 2, 2018 2:39 PM

Any test screenings from OTBOS?

by Anonymousreply 383June 2, 2018 2:49 PM

Liz is a media attention whore. She’s really is. She’s fortunately a nobody beside being Armie’s wife. She’s using his name to be popular known but nobody cares an old and unattractive woman by Hollywood standards

by Anonymousreply 384June 2, 2018 3:11 PM

I saw a post where people underlined all the messages "Armie" left to every single nice comment about her in his IG....they all were little hearts or things that she usually say. I mean Armie doesn't talk like that and he doesn't use emoji in that way....she clearly did it using his account.

by Anonymousreply 385June 2, 2018 3:15 PM

What are you talking about? When has he posted hearts?

by Anonymousreply 386June 2, 2018 3:17 PM

R382 No. That plane is going to land.

by Anonymousreply 387June 2, 2018 3:17 PM

R386 saw a post months ago on Ig. I also remember he liked plenty of messages with hearts and those sentences she says like mantras like "I love u more than u know" or "queen to all of us" or "mother of our fandom"....stuff like this that Armie never likes, he barely replies to his real friends or other celebs so they assume it's her.

by Anonymousreply 388June 2, 2018 3:33 PM

He always likes comments the comments from everyone that he follows or who is verified. And unless you can prove it or tell me which post to look at I'm not gonna believe that he commented with emojis or anything like that because I've never seen it at all.

by Anonymousreply 389June 2, 2018 3:35 PM

R388 That theory has already been discussed and shut down because frankly it’s ridiculous. The only time she interferes is when those black chicks send him nudes lmao.

by Anonymousreply 390June 2, 2018 3:38 PM

[quote]The only time she interferes is when those black chicks send him nudes lmao.

What?!? Where have I been? I wanna know more!

by Anonymousreply 391June 2, 2018 3:46 PM

Yeah you can literally go through the top comments on his photos - ones about her or not about her - and he has liked them all. It's not unusual for him at all and people just want to believe he's not in control of his social media when they see something they don't like and that he is when they see something they do like. It's stupid because it's not like he wouldnt realize if someone else was using his account.

by Anonymousreply 392June 2, 2018 3:47 PM

Daddy!!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 393June 2, 2018 3:47 PM

R389 with all the respect but I couldn't care less...just remember this group of posts like Ig stories someone made with a group of these likes/messages...didn't know it's such a big deal?especially compared to other things in this very thread...

R390 Well not really...there are many who think she does no matter how ridiculous.

by Anonymousreply 394June 2, 2018 3:47 PM

R394 It's a big deal because it's absolving Armie of all responsibility and blame. If he's liking a comment, he's liking a comment. Trying to blame someone else with no proof whatsoever because you want to portray a world where he doesn't actually love his wife or want to post about her on IG or whatever is ridiculous. He's a grown man and he's in control of his own social media and his own life.

by Anonymousreply 395June 2, 2018 3:52 PM

You know how when you see a kitten's or puppy's face you just wanna snuggle your face up against it? The picture at R393' makes me wanna do that to Armie's fuzzy face. Is that weird?

by Anonymousreply 396June 2, 2018 3:53 PM

R394 trust me, she only interferes when she’s “threaten” by other women, no more or less.

by Anonymousreply 397June 2, 2018 3:55 PM

R395 lol bitch calm down.

R397 It really doesn't matter tbh...I just remembered this and posted you know...just to break the convo about her dying of anorexia.

by Anonymousreply 398June 2, 2018 3:59 PM

I'm calm. Just saying the people that think she's evil, awful, the worst person ever etc. and then act like the man that chose to marry her and spend 12 years and counting of his life with her is perfect, innocent, lovable etc. are annoying AF. I can't stand this victimization of a 31 year old, 6 ft 5 rich man who can walk out any time he pleases. Until he does I'd rather not find a way to blame everything we don't like about him on her. It's tinhattery.

by Anonymousreply 399June 2, 2018 4:09 PM

Is Nick still with that Italian model/fashion blogger?

by Anonymousreply 400June 2, 2018 4:38 PM

No one here absolves Armie, I thought it was generally agreed he was a manbaby nincompoop.

by Anonymousreply 401June 2, 2018 4:43 PM

Well when people bring conspiracy theories over created by people that do want to absolve him then it ends up working out that way.

by Anonymousreply 402June 2, 2018 4:50 PM

R400 she's not a model nor a fashion blogger....just someone rich whose dad didn't pay all his taxes.

by Anonymousreply 403June 2, 2018 5:23 PM

R403 Ah, okay thanks for clearing it for me. R398 I didn’t mean to sound rude, lol If I were to believ that she uses his IG account from time to time to put those likes etc. I guess good for her to know how to work that part of the fandom...in the end it’s beneficial to both.

by Anonymousreply 404June 2, 2018 5:28 PM

What likes are you all talking about?

by Anonymousreply 405June 2, 2018 5:34 PM

It doesn't matter because it's him, not her. Again, he likes all comments from everyone he follows and people that are verified. Check for yourself.

by Anonymousreply 406June 2, 2018 5:36 PM

R406 I don’t have ig account, that’s why I just read the comments. Anyway, it’s fine, let’s move on from this topic.

by Anonymousreply 407June 2, 2018 5:38 PM

I think I should it explain a little better: I mean, I believe you R406, but even in the non existent possibility she would put those likes there from time to time, at the end of the day she’s harmless, and on top of that it’s good.

by Anonymousreply 408June 2, 2018 5:49 PM

R404 you weren't rude at all. I think they should both quit whatever they're doing on online because it's beneficial only for things that have little to do with their real careers.

by Anonymousreply 409June 2, 2018 5:55 PM

R409 Haha well she definitely can’t quit because otherwise what would she do? Armie jus needs to learn when to shut up.

by Anonymousreply 410June 2, 2018 5:58 PM

There was an Armie mention on the second episode of "The Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt". Jane Krakowski character is trying to get a young trust fund baby into acting and when questioned why she doesn't help Tituss who is talented she replies, "Tripp is rich white kid and that's all that Hollywood really wants; look at the Mara sisters, Dakota Johnson, Armie Hammer..."

by Anonymousreply 411June 2, 2018 6:09 PM

They use Armie's fam background like it brought him immense fortune and he's this huge A-lister everybody wants to work with. Even his own family shit on him he can't catch a break. But it's his fault for not showing his dick tbh. Fortune favours the brave!

by Anonymousreply 412June 2, 2018 6:16 PM

r421 lmao you're absolutely right

by Anonymousreply 413June 2, 2018 6:18 PM

The Kimmy Scmidt joke is actually poking fun at star Ellie Kemper who is from the richest family in Missouri. There are several good natured pokes at her family’s wealth but you have to really be eagle eyed to spot them.

by Anonymousreply 414June 2, 2018 6:23 PM

So I stalked Mrs H's IG & Dru attended the premieres of all of his films except cmbyn. What a grade A bitch.

by Anonymousreply 415June 2, 2018 7:16 PM

Armie and his wife are just boring basic uneducated white trash who happen to be born in rich families. They have zero skills or any proper academic education. The last time Amrie was interesting when he was with Tim in CMBYN. His wife is a low class attention seeking trash

by Anonymousreply 416June 2, 2018 7:16 PM

[quote]The last time Amrie was interesting when he was with Tim in CMBYN.

Then why are you in a thread about him?

by Anonymousreply 417June 2, 2018 7:30 PM

R415 I bet the one she was most proud of was Birth of a Nation. Please somebody tell me Liz didn't make cupcakes for the slavery movie....

by Anonymousreply 418June 2, 2018 7:32 PM

Ask and you shall receive.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 419June 2, 2018 7:44 PM

If u are Armie Hammer, then Mrs H's ig is oddly depressing. It seems like everyone achieves career highs after working with Armie.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 420June 2, 2018 7:46 PM

R419 Lord Jesus.

R420 This is even more depressing than the above slavery cupcakes....wow this is sad. WOW.

by Anonymousreply 421June 2, 2018 7:52 PM

He's fine. He's regularly employed, most of the time nowadays in projects that are received well. Considering his limitations as an actor and his stereotypically attractive looks he also receives a decent amount of acclaim and awards attention. Not sure if I ever see him winning an Oscar but I'll be surprised if he never gets nominated. He also has a good reputation in the industry for being a decent guy. His main issue is his inability to keep his mouth shut in sensitive situations. Alicia and Brie were both IT girls and Leo had to wait decades for that Oscar. As for his infamous latest co-star, part of me thinks that Armie will have the last laugh over him.

by Anonymousreply 422June 2, 2018 7:54 PM

Sorry guys wrong thread ^ ^

by Anonymousreply 423June 2, 2018 7:57 PM

R422 why do you think the last sentence?

by Anonymousreply 424June 2, 2018 7:57 PM

R423 I think u r in the right thread

by Anonymousreply 425June 2, 2018 7:59 PM

R424 Too hyped up and he doesn't seem to be handling the delicate and unique situation he's in very carefully. Backlash etc. on the way I feel while Armie will continue to work steadily and improve his reputation and career as I say, providing he keeps quiet.

by Anonymousreply 426June 2, 2018 8:01 PM

R426 Ah, ok, I came to those conclusions too. But the hype will die soon, he just needs to choose interesting projects and not burn himself too quickly.

by Anonymousreply 427June 2, 2018 8:04 PM

If Armie doesn't get the nom he can still present some awards to Tim but God help him if yet another #husbandcostar gets an Oscar.

by Anonymousreply 428June 2, 2018 8:08 PM

Soon as in 2 years or so, fans right now really want to see Tim in the very next movie, after this one will be done too, and I’m sure he won’t have so much buzz as Call me during the promo tour of BB, they’ll quite down partially and so on. Anyway, I agree with Armie learning how to shut up. He can get that nod.

by Anonymousreply 429June 2, 2018 8:10 PM

Presenting an award to Timmy when they're literally each other's competition this year might be too much to ask. Honestly the main reason I hope they're both in the conversation is so we get to see how that dynamic will work because despite their faux modesty, it's obvious that Armie wanted that nomination and that Timmy wanted that win.

by Anonymousreply 430June 2, 2018 8:11 PM

Meanwhile he's tweeting again. Old stuff but new to him. I guess.

by Anonymousreply 431June 2, 2018 8:12 PM

R430 Yep, yep, so true. But who wouldn’t? They’re just more diplomatic about it in front of the cameras...unlike Eddie Redmayne lmao

by Anonymousreply 432June 2, 2018 8:13 PM

R430 I was just joking....but yeah it could be interesting to see. I don't think Armie will get the nomination based on the role he has (good husband) but maybe some awards noms are within reach; and I also think Tim won't win but will get a nom for sure. I hope Tim doesn't win to play such an overly done role and he gets to win leading role for a more original and less boy-ish character in the near future.Something more iconic.

by Anonymousreply 433June 2, 2018 8:16 PM

R432 True but I can imagine them both being extra intense about it. Armie has come close a few times now only to be let down for differing reasons and I can't imagine him going through another long campaign to have it happen once again. I think if he gets his hopes up again and the film is received well and gets other noms etc. and he still doesn't happen then he'll probably give up ha. And as for Timmy, despite all his public stanning for Gary Oldman, he was caught mocking his performance on the streets of Austin after the Oscars and probably fully believed that he himself deserved it. I want the entertainment of them duking it out and pretending not to be bothered about being each other's competition ha.

by Anonymousreply 434June 2, 2018 8:20 PM

Mrs H is a drag icon

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 435June 2, 2018 8:22 PM

This is from 2014

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 436June 2, 2018 8:33 PM

R434 agree. Also, I’m not really sure whether Tim will get a nomination or not....dunno, but as you said if he has it, he’s not gonna win, there are other veterans in talk for supporting and become front runners. I can see him happening in his late 20s, sorry to be a downer. Armie has the perfect age either for nomination or win, but again the latter won’t happen soon lol.

by Anonymousreply 437June 2, 2018 8:34 PM

The tumblrinas calling Mrs H homophobic should see this

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 438June 2, 2018 8:42 PM

They're idiots. Believing that your straight husband is straight = homophobia.

by Anonymousreply 439June 2, 2018 8:44 PM

The dates don't lie. Armie was right when he said that his wife loves peaches, too. Not only the 'sexiest' book but also the peaches. Lol. They don't think he's gay they think he's gay for Timmy, who he 'got' to hug, hold and kiss and spend a 'magical, sensual Italian' summer with.

by Anonymousreply 440June 2, 2018 9:01 PM

Yeah the amount of crap I've seen about how you can be completely straight but if Timmy Chalamet comes along there's no way you could resist! Barf, please. He's not that special. This is what I mean about the overhyping and the backlash. It will come.

by Anonymousreply 441June 2, 2018 9:04 PM

R441 it’s already happening but in small doses lol

by Anonymousreply 442June 2, 2018 9:06 PM

If Hanry Styles was in a Nolan movie, then fangirls shit is completely irrelevant. On the other hand I'd worry too about the unnecessary extra hyping, HW has a long tradition to elevate people just to drag them down the moment they don't meet the expectations. I'm sure this moment will arrive for him.

by Anonymousreply 443June 2, 2018 9:11 PM

She used to read drudge bleh

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 444June 2, 2018 9:18 PM

Yes Pukeahontas is a deplorable. We’ve covered this already.

by Anonymousreply 445June 2, 2018 9:26 PM

It would be hilarious if this guy is in any way related to Armie

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 446June 2, 2018 9:40 PM

Jeez how many Hammer and Child photoshoots did they do?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 447June 2, 2018 9:53 PM

Armie's expression looks so fake there. You can tell he's not into it. Probably because his position is too submissive...

by Anonymousreply 448June 2, 2018 9:58 PM

[quote]And as for Timmy, despite all his public stanning for Gary Oldman, he was caught mocking his performance on the streets of Austin after the Oscars and probably fully believed that he himself deserved it.

I don't follow Timmy and I don't mean to jack the thread, but could you please elaborate or link to an article/video?

by Anonymousreply 449June 2, 2018 10:18 PM

Sounds like Nancy Kerrigan redux.

by Anonymousreply 450June 2, 2018 10:18 PM

Nothing so serious as an article or a video but if you've seen Darkest Hour you'll understand the reference. The line is slightly misquoted in the tweet.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 451June 2, 2018 10:21 PM

Better yet R449 , could you talk about Timothée in his own thread?

by Anonymousreply 452June 2, 2018 11:15 PM

The fat one has a rival!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 453June 2, 2018 11:34 PM

Even straight men can’t resist Timmy. He’s just so unique and beautiful. Armie already deflowered Timmy back then.

by Anonymousreply 454June 2, 2018 11:36 PM

Why did she tag Lily Depp in that pic? What's she getting at?

by Anonymousreply 455June 2, 2018 11:37 PM

Timothée, who's working with Lily Rose Depp in his new movie, liked the pic.

by Anonymousreply 456June 2, 2018 11:39 PM

Don't think it has anything to do with Timmy who isn't on set yet. That Michael guy's most recent photo has Lily in it.

by Anonymousreply 457June 3, 2018 12:33 AM

Sorry meant Lily isn't on set yet.

by Anonymousreply 458June 3, 2018 12:34 AM

Yeah Lily was at whatever event this was and she knows Elizabeth so that's why she tagged her I guess.

by Anonymousreply 459June 3, 2018 12:35 AM

The fat one with long hair must be some party mogul because he knows every it boy/actor and model wannabe. Rose Depp was in La in these days...she was there.

by Anonymousreply 460June 3, 2018 12:35 AM

OT but...is Johnny Depp dying for real? He looks scary.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 461June 3, 2018 12:37 AM

R461 Too many drugs and alcohol

by Anonymousreply 462June 3, 2018 5:21 AM

Is Johnny Depp channeling Tig Notaro or Ruby Rose in that pic at R461?

by Anonymousreply 463June 3, 2018 5:31 AM

by Anonymousreply 464June 3, 2018 5:31 AM

by Anonymousreply 465June 3, 2018 5:31 AM

by Anonymousreply 466June 3, 2018 5:31 AM

Sorry, mlm means nothing. Was trying to write either way, it's horrifying.

by Anonymousreply 467June 3, 2018 5:32 AM

Armie filmed his first blockbuster with Johnny Depp & the french mouse is filming his first with Depp's daughter

by Anonymousreply 468June 3, 2018 5:56 AM

What a coincidence hahaha

by Anonymousreply 469June 3, 2018 6:18 AM

[quote]Armie filmed his first blockbuster with Johnny Depp & the french mouse is filming his first with Depp's daughter

Hopefully the film will be well-received, but calling it a 'blockbuster' is really pushing it.

by Anonymousreply 470June 3, 2018 6:56 AM

Let’s say it’s a big budget movie and that’s it.

by Anonymousreply 471June 3, 2018 7:01 AM

I’m so thin and dainty! Moisturize me, moisturize me!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 472June 3, 2018 7:17 AM

Those legs can’t be seen.....

by Anonymousreply 473June 3, 2018 7:25 AM

Could someone please link me to Tim's current thread?

by Anonymousreply 474June 3, 2018 7:54 AM

R474 Here

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 475June 3, 2018 8:14 AM

[quote]Those legs can’t be seen.....

Does she have some sort of scarring just below her left knee, or is that what happens when you have so little body fat that your muscles and connective tissue are visible? It looks like a dent...

by Anonymousreply 476June 3, 2018 8:20 AM

Post your theories about why Armie doesn't like bdsm stuff on insta anymore

by Anonymousreply 477June 3, 2018 8:22 AM

R477 You know, I think this is a funny topic...well, he’s kind of afraid of being a bad example for the little girls who are even kinkier than him

by Anonymousreply 478June 3, 2018 8:27 AM

People made a huge deal out of it and he can still look at them without liking them.

by Anonymousreply 479June 3, 2018 8:33 AM

One of these days her uterus is just going to fall out onto the floor.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 480June 3, 2018 10:17 AM

She looks lovely

by Anonymousreply 481June 3, 2018 10:31 AM

R481 sure, Liz.

by Anonymousreply 482June 3, 2018 6:48 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 483June 3, 2018 7:07 PM

for once he doesn't look like he's completely towering over people.

by Anonymousreply 484June 3, 2018 7:09 PM

Happy for him

by Anonymousreply 485June 3, 2018 9:24 PM

I really hope the play goes well for him. It's a interesting career move for a guy like him and a way to sort of prove himself as an actor. I wish him the best.

by Anonymousreply 486June 3, 2018 10:02 PM

It would be so wonderful if most of the posters on this thread were like R485 and R486

by Anonymousreply 487June 3, 2018 10:17 PM

Honey, this is datalounge

by Anonymousreply 488June 3, 2018 10:21 PM

She can’t even go to the daughters ballet recital without plugging that fucking bakery

I’m going to write a bad Yelp review

by Anonymousreply 489June 3, 2018 10:53 PM

As stated above: "they (meaning middle aged women) already have kids that aren't as cute as Harper and Ford, they already have jobs that are harder work and less money than Bird Bakery ..." So when you have such CUTE kids and money, you only got to advertise more. Because these middle aged women may get offended and not visit the, as you said 'fucking', bakery. So cute!! Gotta use the kids, because they are the cutest.

by Anonymousreply 490June 3, 2018 11:21 PM

Armie continues to enjoy running errands on foot in NY. Thats 8th av again, isn't it?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 491June 3, 2018 11:37 PM

R491 how do you know it's him?

by Anonymousreply 492June 3, 2018 11:49 PM

The tweet says it's him and he's wearing the same clothes as in the photo he posted on IG.

by Anonymousreply 493June 4, 2018 12:07 AM

He looks like such a dad in those twitter pics.

by Anonymousreply 494June 4, 2018 12:11 AM

Maybe becoz he is a Dad?^^^

by Anonymousreply 495June 4, 2018 12:41 AM

he looks so thick

by Anonymousreply 496June 4, 2018 5:35 AM

This is a helpful thread

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 497June 4, 2018 6:05 AM

[quote]It would be so wonderful if most of the posters on this thread were like [R485] and [R486]

With all due respect to those posters, it would be fucking boring if all we did on this thread was make innocuous comments about how nice Liz looks today and best wishes to Armie on whatever he's working on at the moment. I'm not saying that positivity has no place here, just that if that kind of thing is so important there are other places online to get it. It puzzles me that we continue to have people here who struggle against the fact that they are on a site which pledges its commitment to pointless bitchery on the front page. NONE of the celebrity threads here are nice-nice FanForum-style lovefests.

As R488 said...this is DL.

by Anonymousreply 498June 4, 2018 6:13 AM

R498 While you have a point, it would be nice if someone was allowed to say something positive about Elizabeth like R481 if that's how they feel without it being immediately shot down. Saying she looks nice is hardly too egregious, people act like she looks like Jocelyn Wildenstein.

by Anonymousreply 499June 4, 2018 6:20 AM

The things said here are always said with sarcasm and for fun, if you begin with these so called compliments it won't take long before the thread will be filled with "queen" and "mom" cretins, just like the Tim thread. This thread was created with one precise tone and it should be respected. There are things I don't appreciate here but it's my own problem, if I want to discuss them I go somewhere else and don't expect an entire place to adjust to my occasional needs.

by Anonymousreply 500June 4, 2018 7:45 AM

Well said r500

by Anonymousreply 501June 4, 2018 9:23 AM

Fair enough, R499. I don't think people should be jumped on, but as R500 says, I also think that this thread and DL in general have a tone, and if that tone is not to people's liking, it's basically their issue to deal with. DL is the way it has been for years, and it has no obligation to change in order to accommodate people who don't care for it, especially if those people are not longtime Dataloungers, but people who have no investment in this community beyond Armie/TC/CMBYN threads. I'm not familiar with how things are on the TC thread, but I do know that in certain quarters of the internet, saying anything even mildly non-worshipful about Armie, Timothee, Elizabeth, Luca or even fucking Dru Hammer is tantamount to sacrilege. So if allowing too much soft commentary about Armie & Co is a slippery slope to non-stop QUEEN! posts about Liz or whatever, I think that has to be taken into consideration.

by Anonymousreply 502June 4, 2018 9:49 AM

No posts from our favourite lady today?

by Anonymousreply 503June 4, 2018 10:21 AM

Oh please, one post that she looks nice is not going to turn into a series of QUEEN posts. It's someone expressing their opinion and yes she does look nice sometimes. This thread is filled with both snark about Armie and positive things about Armie so I don't see why the same can't be done for Elizabeth and it has to be 100% negativity all the time.

by Anonymousreply 504June 4, 2018 10:22 AM

R504 Moderation in all things- including moderation.

by Anonymousreply 505June 4, 2018 10:28 AM

R504 if you are so invested into this it already means you have a problem. Because otherwise you'd already know that in every thread there are occasional positive comments.

by Anonymousreply 506June 4, 2018 10:44 AM

R506 That makes no sense.

by Anonymousreply 507June 4, 2018 10:48 AM

R507 You're making a big deal out of nothing....there were always been occasional positive comments in every thread unless you're new here; but considering how much you monitor all their social media I doubt it, so why do you pretend like nobody ever said anything remotely positive?You know it happened before so there's no need to even have this discussion.But the users; unlike you; who STILL have no clue where they are and urge others to "be kind" and "post positive things" are getting ignored pronto.....because they're all boner killers and have no reason to be on DL.

by Anonymousreply 508June 4, 2018 11:31 AM

Jesus Christ! Even the professional toothpick who modeled this on the runway is still thicker than Liz

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 509June 4, 2018 11:35 AM

R508 I know that positive things about Armie get posted occasionally and that positive things about Elizabeth get posted basically never and when they do get immediately shot down and people get accused of being her 'stans' or even Elizabeth themselves just for saying she looks nice in one photo. That's the whole point. I'm not urging anyone to be kind or to post positive things, I'm saying let other people do that if that's what they want to do.

by Anonymousreply 510June 4, 2018 11:55 AM

R509 I like the model’s legs. R510 I’m not R508 but I think if you post just a few posts like that about her, no one in this thread will mind (imo),but again don’t turn this thread all vanilla lol

by Anonymousreply 511June 4, 2018 11:59 AM

The only reason I said anything was because I saw the post (that wasn't posted by me) about her looking nice and I saw someone's ridiculous reaction to it, as if the only person that could think she looks nice is Elizabeth herself. I don't even feel any need to post anything nice about her myself but I want other people to feel like they can and this isn't some ridiculous hate thread where no honesty is allowed if it skews positive. Anyone that thinks someone that looks like Armie would be willingly married to someone that looks bad all the time must be on heavy drugs. That's all.

by Anonymousreply 512June 4, 2018 12:02 PM

You DEFINITELY don't know where you are R512 and you're being unbearably DULL and WHINY.

by Anonymousreply 513June 4, 2018 12:35 PM

R513 I don't give a fuck. Put me on ignore if I bother you.

by Anonymousreply 514June 4, 2018 12:36 PM

Please, don’t fight! The user said what they wanted to say and that’s it. Let’s move on with other things. When does Armie have to present the Tony Awards?

by Anonymousreply 515June 4, 2018 12:40 PM

On Sunday.

by Anonymousreply 516June 4, 2018 12:40 PM

[quote]The only reason I said anything was because I saw the post (that wasn't posted by me) about her looking nice and I saw someone's ridiculous reaction to it, as if the only person that could think she looks nice is Elizabeth herself.

Here's the thing: the person who posted that Liz looked lovely in the Chanel pic is the same poster who said how wonderful it would be if MOST of the posters on the thread were like R485 and R486, posting about how happy they are for Armie, wishing him the best, etc. In other words, the Liz Looks Lovely poster wants the thread to be less snarky and nicer - they do not like the Dataloungey tone of the thread. If the people who choose to post 'nice' things are the same people who scold the rest of us for acting like DLers on a DL thread, then that is an issue. Ultimately, the people who don't care for the tone are going to have to find a way to make their peace with it, instead of trying to scold/shame the snark out of others on a board that is partly defined by that quality. The thread is what it is.

by Anonymousreply 517June 4, 2018 12:41 PM

R517 Well maybe they were pissed off at having their opinion shut down earlier.

by Anonymousreply 518June 4, 2018 12:43 PM

R502 where do people like Dru Hammer?

by Anonymousreply 519June 4, 2018 12:44 PM

The tone of the thread needs to be restored.

SHE KNOWS SHE'S A WINNER, SHE COULDN'T BE THINNER, SO SHE GOES TO THE BATHROOM AND VOMITS UP DINNER

by Anonymousreply 520June 4, 2018 12:46 PM

That thin skin, so prone to getting worked up over stupid stuff, must get so many bruises...

by Anonymousreply 521June 4, 2018 12:46 PM

R516 Thank you. Let’s see how Ilaria will style him...hmmm.

by Anonymousreply 522June 4, 2018 12:48 PM

[quote]Well maybe they were pissed off at having their opinion shut down earlier.

Maybe. But as far as 'shutdowns' go, the one they got was pretty mild. If expressing a positive opinion is that important to them, then they'll just have to learn to deal with the adversity they encounter when doing so. This place is not for the thin-skinned.

R519, I don't know of any place where open admiration for Dru is expressed. But I do know many would never dream of talking about her the way we do here, because she gave birth to Armie and is therefore sacrosanct, just as Liz is for being his wife.

by Anonymousreply 523June 4, 2018 12:52 PM

Oh man, not even Armie likes Dru...how can his little fangirls worship her ass? Wrong ass to worship...

by Anonymousreply 524June 4, 2018 12:58 PM

Posting this in both threads for anyone that wants to discuss.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 525June 4, 2018 1:17 PM

That movie has its own thread tho. In fact, there are two of them lol

by Anonymousreply 526June 4, 2018 1:19 PM

Suspiria thead n. 1

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 527June 4, 2018 1:20 PM

Thom Yorke you motherfucker.

by Anonymousreply 528June 4, 2018 1:24 PM

This is a whole ass look

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 529June 4, 2018 5:10 PM

everyone seems to agree his part is short but very effective. hopefully he will get similar but bigger fucked up roles in the future.

by Anonymousreply 530June 4, 2018 5:25 PM

Why does he look so good in that???

by Anonymousreply 531June 4, 2018 5:25 PM

R530 agree!

by Anonymousreply 532June 4, 2018 5:26 PM

Those prominent collarbones & that fur on his chest.......

by Anonymousreply 533June 4, 2018 5:40 PM

He should have that look in more movies....

by Anonymousreply 534June 4, 2018 5:45 PM

Yes that is his best asset and unfortunately it has more or less been wasted

Oh well, character roles it is.

by Anonymousreply 535June 4, 2018 6:43 PM

I really wish Elizabeth would give him permission to do sex and nude scenes.

by Anonymousreply 536June 4, 2018 6:46 PM

C’mon he’s not in his mid 40s yet...he can still show off...also, I might be late on this, but why are you people so sure she’s the one who doesn’t approve of it? Did she clearly state it or Armie for that matter?

by Anonymousreply 537June 4, 2018 6:49 PM

R536 She has, but only with little boys.

by Anonymousreply 538June 4, 2018 6:49 PM

R529 OMG! In that picture Armie reminds me so much of George Michael at his prime! The resemblance is astonishing! He looks sexy. Go on nox, bash me over the head for gushing over how hot he looks.

Changing needles. It's interesting that Mr Hammer didnt post pictures of the chanel.bash in Malibu. Do you think they banned cameras (guests)? But still, Mrs Hammer wants us to know she coordinated the look with the invitation. Lol And that Harper may very well be the bestest well-traveled kid in America. 230 flights in 3 years! Insane

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 539June 4, 2018 6:55 PM

Beats me why they want to interview her....

by Anonymousreply 540June 4, 2018 6:59 PM

Well everyone in this thread seems to find her completely fascinating to talk about so I guess there's interest there.

by Anonymousreply 541June 4, 2018 7:05 PM

R541 because we have little content from Armie himself so we latch on the very next best? thing close to him.

by Anonymousreply 542June 4, 2018 7:07 PM

That's clearly not the reason at this point.

by Anonymousreply 543June 4, 2018 7:08 PM

R543 well, personally I’m interested in her because she gives content of Armie and co...but everything else can be left out.

by Anonymousreply 544June 4, 2018 7:10 PM

[quote]Well everyone in this thread seems to find her completely fascinating

Because bitch is crazy. The same reason we love to talk about Roseanne.

by Anonymousreply 545June 4, 2018 7:24 PM

Well then why are people surprised that they would want to interview someone who people want to talk about? Let's face it most of the people in this thread would click more eagerly on a Elizabeth interview than an Armie one.

by Anonymousreply 546June 4, 2018 7:29 PM

R546 depends if the interview includes photos.

by Anonymousreply 547June 4, 2018 7:30 PM

Armie yesterday in newyork..... who is the other guy?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 548June 4, 2018 7:41 PM

R519 nowhere. They're exaggerating.

by Anonymousreply 549June 4, 2018 7:53 PM

R546 not me.

by Anonymousreply 550June 4, 2018 7:54 PM

R544 same here

by Anonymousreply 551June 4, 2018 7:55 PM

R548 maybe he’s the Chinese guy he runs with...just a guess.

by Anonymousreply 552June 4, 2018 7:58 PM

What chinese guy?

by Anonymousreply 553June 4, 2018 7:59 PM

Haha, when he run the last time this guy daijou13u run with him so they’re friends.

by Anonymousreply 554June 4, 2018 8:04 PM

*ran^^ hate autocorrect

by Anonymousreply 555June 4, 2018 8:05 PM

New detaiks about the movie filmed in Nola.. THE TRANSLATION OF WOUNDS - meh I don't love the title. I think Blatodea was quirkier.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 556June 4, 2018 9:58 PM

If Dakota is Alicia, there should be a sex scene. Please let it be.

by Anonymousreply 557June 4, 2018 10:10 PM

With a fan today. If anyone can find the original photo, drop the link

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 558June 4, 2018 10:20 PM

R558 he looks so snuggly there!

by Anonymousreply 559June 4, 2018 10:22 PM

Here.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 560June 4, 2018 10:23 PM

R560 thanks. How did u find it? Also, Isn't it summer in ny? He's wearing his winter sweater.

by Anonymousreply 561June 4, 2018 10:28 PM

People always say he smells very good sigh.....

by Anonymousreply 562June 4, 2018 10:29 PM

R557 Hahaha! My thoughts exactly. Please no panning away to the trees again - I want to see a proper hot sex scene between Armie and Dakota.

by Anonymousreply 563June 4, 2018 10:32 PM

I'm willing to bet as the woman of color Zazie will be the one he has the steamy affair with.

by Anonymousreply 564June 4, 2018 10:32 PM

Well zazie were wearing bar Waitress clothes in the photo. So she should be his gf. Also, alicia has a small part. Dakota only filmed for like a week

by Anonymousreply 565June 4, 2018 10:41 PM

Where does it say his gf is a waitress? And both the girlfriend and the mistress seem to have equal screentime by that description.

by Anonymousreply 566June 4, 2018 10:44 PM

Well they obviously will change the story.the book leaves lots of things unfinished. Also, the mysterious seductress would have less scenes. & dakota fimed for a short time.

by Anonymousreply 567June 4, 2018 10:50 PM

I don't see why. Plenty of films where the affair is more central than the actual relationship. And Zazie didn't seem to be on set for very long either. I mean it could go either way but take away 50 Shades from Dakota and tell me which one looks more like the plain Jane girlfriend at home and which one looks more like the woman you'd get seduced by in a bar?

by Anonymousreply 568June 4, 2018 10:51 PM

It's because of 50 shades I m thinking Dakota plays Alicia. She has played this typre of role in"A bigger splash " too.

by Anonymousreply 569June 4, 2018 11:00 PM

Well it's useless debating. We will find out.

Anyway looks like the poster was right about him hanging out with this guy in NYC.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 570June 4, 2018 11:03 PM

I'll have to do massive suspension of disbelief if homely-looking Dakota is supposed to seduce any man away from Zazie.

by Anonymousreply 571June 4, 2018 11:03 PM

That's how Hollywood works R571. R570 he is looking so good. New york suits him

by Anonymousreply 572June 4, 2018 11:06 PM

Well duh, but casting people usually try to make it a bit realistic.

by Anonymousreply 573June 4, 2018 11:20 PM

R563 oh, honey you have nothing to worry about. It is not a homosexual scene, so Luca would make sure it's as explicit as they come.

by Anonymousreply 574June 4, 2018 11:21 PM

R570 the unlikely couple.....Where did they meet?

by Anonymousreply 575June 4, 2018 11:23 PM

This isn't even a Luca film..

by Anonymousreply 576June 4, 2018 11:23 PM

R570 Oh... thats the swoon sweater he was wearing @ Hollywood Reporter Roundtable. Love. Drooling.

Armie tagged that guy on the citi bikes app screenshot and follows him. It looks like they're buddies. He's a police psychologist and former military. #Diversity.

by Anonymousreply 577June 4, 2018 11:27 PM

He follows Elizabeth, Nick and Ashton as well.

by Anonymousreply 578June 4, 2018 11:28 PM

He appears to be a longtime friend

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 579June 4, 2018 11:30 PM

Maybe I'm just hysterical, but it makes me so nervous when Armie (or anyone) makes himself so easily accessible to the public like that. Ever since the Christina Grimmie thing happened, that's all I think about whenever I see a fan photo like that. I don't even want to think about Armie stagedooring this summer!

by Anonymousreply 580June 4, 2018 11:36 PM

What do you mean? Someone could shoot him on the street whether he chose to pose for a photo or not.

by Anonymousreply 581June 4, 2018 11:40 PM

Mrs H looks like she could be Lily Roses’s mother

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 582June 5, 2018 12:19 AM

Well she could be.

by Anonymousreply 583June 5, 2018 12:21 AM

Hoping she doesn't get any nutritional tips from Mrs. H

by Anonymousreply 584June 5, 2018 12:28 AM

Who do you think has vomited more this year, Mrs H or Johnny Depp?

by Anonymousreply 585June 5, 2018 12:29 AM

I'm pretty sure the bulimia posters would have a field day with Lily.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 586June 5, 2018 12:30 AM

Liz is so desperate to be seen as YOUNG! and FUN!

by Anonymousreply 587June 5, 2018 12:42 AM

Nikki has better skin than her

by Anonymousreply 588June 5, 2018 12:45 AM

The summary of The Translation of Wounds at R556's link follows pretty closely with the book it's based on. And in the who plays who question, I'm going with Dakota as Carrie the girlfriend and Zazie as Alicia the temptation. I can see how the brainy student girlfriend role would appeal to Dakota after all the raunchier stuff she's done, and representation and racial issues being what they are, I can't see them giving a white guy a black girlfriend and then have him want to dump her for a white girl.

The summary says Will 'cheats' on Carrie with Alicia, which implies sex, but in the book it's just some making out and a confession of feelings, so it will be interesting to see if it goes further in the movie. Given our suspicions about the restraints under which Armie operates, I'm guessing not.

by Anonymousreply 589June 5, 2018 12:46 AM

I EAT CURED MEAT FOR MEAL. ME SO MANLY.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 590June 5, 2018 2:09 AM

RR590 Aww bless, is the poor thing missing Luca?

by Anonymousreply 591June 5, 2018 2:30 AM

R582 Mrs H used to be extra friendly with Armie's costars. Now she's doing it with the french mouse's costars too

by Anonymousreply 592June 5, 2018 2:36 AM

R581 I meant being out in broad daylight like that. Maybe I'm just too paranoid and am projecting. At any rate, I'm sorry I brought it up. I don't mean to be a Debbie Downer.

by Anonymousreply 593June 5, 2018 2:54 AM

R586 Lily suffered from anorexia. She and Liz have many things in common to bond over.

by Anonymousreply 594June 5, 2018 5:13 AM

New thread

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 595June 5, 2018 5:58 AM

R592 She knew Lily before he ever did. Probably from Lone Ranger days.

by Anonymousreply 596June 5, 2018 9:21 AM

Well, she seems to like her so.

by Anonymousreply 597June 5, 2018 10:26 AM

Let’s

by Anonymousreply 598June 5, 2018 10:31 AM

Close

by Anonymousreply 599June 5, 2018 10:32 AM

The thread!

by Anonymousreply 600June 5, 2018 10:32 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!