Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

What is it about certain actors that attracts such LOONIES?

Why do guys like Sam Heughan, Lee Pace, etc. attract such weirdos? What is it about them that draws crazy fans like moths to a flame?

by Anonymousreply 204January 25, 2019 9:55 PM

Don't forget about Chambo,Timothee and Jeremy Renner too OP.

by Anonymousreply 1May 11, 2018 6:23 AM

Some women are more into romance that sex, and the less stable ones will go nuts over men who are presented as more romantic than sexual. Of course that's usually because they're TOO GAY to have much sexual chemistry with a woman, but some nutballs will freak out and declare that they've finally found a man who is more into romance than fucking.

And then there's Benetict Cumberdump. Because he plays the I'm-not-autistic-i'm-a-high-functioning-sociopath on TV, he not only gets the crazies who don't like sex, he gets the non-neurotypicals who think they're found their dream boyfriend. No wonder he doesn't want to make more episodes.

by Anonymousreply 2May 11, 2018 8:10 AM

I think sci-fi/fantasy attracts a lot of nuts, so actors who appear in those types of movies or shows get nutty fans

by Anonymousreply 3May 11, 2018 2:39 PM

R2 Except both actors in the example have very sexual presentation in many of their roles.

by Anonymousreply 4May 11, 2018 4:00 PM

R3 You can say that again.

by Anonymousreply 5May 11, 2018 5:09 PM

What "both actors", R4? I only presented one?

Anyway, some actors, such as on the pay-cable kilt series, may be officially presented as having a strong sexual persona if more about romance than fucking, but it seems the fraus see through it. Particularly if the guy can't bring himself to fake in in real life.

But it's the guys without any trace of heterosexuality in their personas that attract the real nutballs. Okay, years ago I made the mistake of looking in at a Clay Aiken fan forum, to my eternal regret. Those loons were all shrieking that he was the perfect man, that finally they'd found a man who "gets women", that he was far too gentlemanly and courtly to "impose himself" on a woman, etc. I've seen bits of this bullshit elsewhere, because it seems that some heterosexual women don't like heterosexual men (and vice versa, obviously).

by Anonymousreply 6May 11, 2018 5:10 PM

No one on DL is remotely emotionally stable. Just go with it, OP.

by Anonymousreply 7May 11, 2018 5:16 PM

He said both actors in the show, r6. I presume he means Sherlock.

by Anonymousreply 8May 11, 2018 5:26 PM

Clay Aiken fans are all self-loathing, closeted, and usually quite butch lesbians.

I thought everyone knew this?!

by Anonymousreply 9May 11, 2018 6:01 PM

I doubt that really happens.

by Anonymousreply 10May 11, 2018 6:04 PM

R6 Both actors mentioned in the head post, Sam Heughan and Lee Pace. They aren't even confirmed as gay, Heughan is rumored to be closeted and Pace came out as queer saying he dates both men and women. Anyway, they are both pretty sexualized as actors, having sex scenes and nude appearances.

You might be onto something, though, I always thought fag hags (who dislike bisexual men and only like gay ones) are afraid of male sexuality.

by Anonymousreply 11May 11, 2018 7:45 PM

I wouldn't say Pace is "sexualized" - he's cute in an offbeat way but not really sexy

by Anonymousreply 12May 12, 2018 12:35 AM

R12, he’s thrusting his tallywhacker all over the Broadway stage!

by Anonymousreply 13May 12, 2018 12:37 AM

The Vikings fans are even nuttier. They have people getting full blown photo-realistic tattoos of their faces on themselves. The LSA forum has middle-aged white frau's obsessing over Fimmels every move to the point where they scour the internet to find out where he is . They are absolutely batshit to the point where I hope he and the other cast members have good security. I clock in once a week to watch the carnage.

by Anonymousreply 14May 12, 2018 1:18 AM

"he’s thrusting his tallywhacker all over the Broadway stage!"

Yeah, but 99% of his fans probably haven't even seen that, they know him from movies and tv, not the stage.

by Anonymousreply 15May 12, 2018 2:23 AM

Don’t forget the Supernatural guys (not even gay?) and Armand Hammer (also not gay).

by Anonymousreply 16May 12, 2018 2:28 AM

Have you read the Chalamet threads? Holy shit, those people are bonkers.

by Anonymousreply 17May 12, 2018 2:29 AM

I think half of it is these people fall in love or lust with the character and have a hard time separating the actor from the character they portray.

by Anonymousreply 18May 12, 2018 7:12 AM

What about ME?! I'm the biggest nobody God ever created, and yet I have zillions of whack-job fangurls, all of whom post HERE!

by Anonymousreply 19May 12, 2018 7:20 AM

Tom Hiddleston's and Johnny Depp's fans are batshit. I am surprised that JD still has fans but they are hard core stans.

by Anonymousreply 20May 12, 2018 7:25 AM

[quote]Have you read the Chalamet threads? Holy shit, those people are bonkers.

It's all just one bonk, zooming from post to post, thread to thread, telling people they 'shouldn't post that in this thread. Post that in thread number 362A0Z21.' He made Timmy into Muriel fodder singlehandedly.

by Anonymousreply 21May 12, 2018 8:54 AM

Can we please add Jonathan Groff to this list?? Those threads are *insane*.

They analyze every social media move that people who have basically even met him once make. I’ve never seen anything like it. Those people live for him.

And they all refer to him as “Jon” like they know him.

by Anonymousreply 22May 12, 2018 9:16 AM

I don't read those threads.

by Anonymousreply 23May 12, 2018 9:19 AM

I was reading tweets from the Depp stans this morning r20 and they are certifiable. Him having that kind of following in 2018 is akin to the crazy people who were still certain they were Napoleon as late as the 1920s.

by Anonymousreply 24May 12, 2018 12:26 PM

Norman Reedus has a lot of crazies.

by Anonymousreply 25May 12, 2018 3:07 PM

I had a peek into some of these threads out of sheer curiosity and fuck, these people are whack jobs. The celebrities can’t sneeze without people dissecting every nanosecond. And the whole “squeeeee!!!” routine every time someone likes a post or doesn’t like a post or follows someone or unfollows someone is fucking creepy.

I think my IQ dropped 10 points in the Chalamet thread alone.

by Anonymousreply 26May 13, 2018 7:03 PM

What gets me is how they convince themselves what they are doing is rational. The thread I had a peek at they were tracking down his hotel and were justifying a group flight to another country where he is filming. They are then going to befriend him and one of them is going to end up shagging him. And they all say stuff like but we are not stalkers LOL!!!! They are women in there 40s its nuts

by Anonymousreply 27May 15, 2018 12:26 AM

r27 When that reporter published his piece about Lee Pace's "coming out" interview, you could see those same fraus that post on DL attacking him on Twitter. And a lot of them were from overseas, mainly Europe. I guess this is like a telenovela to them.

by Anonymousreply 28May 15, 2018 12:45 AM

The worst was the prancing pony gang, who thought Dominic and Elijah were sending them "signals"

by Anonymousreply 29May 15, 2018 1:11 AM

They are mostly women or straight fangirls, threads are very messy.

by Anonymousreply 30May 15, 2018 1:39 AM

Celebrities get their own personal nut cases, it’s a true downfall of the celebrity thing. Even if a person was famous 30+ years ago, there are still people that follow them around. It’s not talked about much, as it is not good to give the batshit people attention. It’s a main reason former pop stars can never list a public telephone number or addresses anywhere.

I worked for someone who’s heyday was 40 years ago. As that person travelled around making appearances, the same people would show up in every town. They’d find out what hotel, and wander the parking lot at all hours. It got so unnerving to the whole travel group, that fake names were given for checkins.

by Anonymousreply 31May 15, 2018 2:21 AM

[quote]They are mostly women or straight fangirls, threads are very messy.

And every post has a stupid emoji or ends in LOL or LMAO. Total infestation of idiot teen girls.

by Anonymousreply 32May 17, 2018 9:16 PM

Please observe the Sam Heughan (part 10389) thread that was created today. That nutcase OP copies the exact same first ten or so replies in every new thread, containing evidence Sam is gay. How is that not creepy, I ask you?

by Anonymousreply 33May 17, 2018 9:21 PM

[quote]Please observe the Sam Heughan (part 10389) thread that was created today.

I don’t think I have the strength.

by Anonymousreply 34May 18, 2018 1:57 PM

[Quote] And the whole “squeeeee!!!” routine every time someone likes a post or doesn’t like a post or follows someone or unfollows someone is fucking creepy.

Creepy yet humorous.

by Anonymousreply 35May 18, 2018 4:21 PM

What’s worse, R33, is that those psychos truly believe they are supporting the gay community by posting here. They trot out that contrived, stereotypical “gay” quote to lead every thread. Tell me that isn’t the epitome of how fraus think gay men speak? Grease fire, ladies. Grease fire. Here I’d thought we were past the prancing pony days.

by Anonymousreply 36May 18, 2018 5:09 PM

[quote]They are mostly women or straight fangirls, threads are very messy.

Are the current Timmy and Armie loons "mostly women or straight fangirls"? Their threads are exceptionally very messy, mainly just posters complaining about each other's posts.

by Anonymousreply 37May 18, 2018 5:25 PM

R37 It’s like 2 nutjobs posting from their mothers’ basements.

by Anonymousreply 38May 18, 2018 5:31 PM

r38 I never thought I'd avoid anything Timmy-related, but those two ruin everything they touch. I even got caught up in Muriel's [red]Fangirl[/red] sting.

by Anonymousreply 39May 18, 2018 5:41 PM

As for child actors, they also attract the creeps. My friends’ child has acting credits, and a pedo started stalking the family. Sick mofos. There’s a court order for the creep to stay away. The Osmonds have mentioned they have years long problems with unstable people that require court orders to this day.

by Anonymousreply 40May 18, 2018 5:58 PM

Some of these people HAVE to be the same ones who sit there day and night running those obsessive fansites and fan IG accounts. There is no other explanation.

by Anonymousreply 41May 18, 2018 6:16 PM

I can’t decide what’s more irritating: the fangirls screaming that their favorite could not possibly be gay (“but he’s MARRIED!!!”) or the ones screaming that he is clearly gay based on tired stereotypes à la Sam Heughan.

by Anonymousreply 42May 20, 2018 3:06 PM

The Sam Heughan threads need to be stopped - one of the people posting in there is a seriously scary troll named Kim who has, among other things, made numerous trips to Scotland to stalk Heughan and his co-star Caitriona Balfe, while on one of said trips she sought out Heughan's mother and signed up one of the art classes Heughan's mother teaches. Kim has set up at least ten accounts in order to attack Heughan's girlfriend with in really vicious ways. She even got into an argument with Heughan over a picture Heughan's girlfriend posted on Christmas, and Heughan naturally defended his gf from the attacks.

Oh, and she and her pals like to use gay as a slur against Caitriona's fiance Tony. She only uses this board to trash Heughan's girlfriend. She's a homophobic piece of shit who is just pissed Heughan and Balfe aren't a couple. She should not be allowed a platform to keep spewing her shit on.

by Anonymousreply 43May 20, 2018 3:16 PM

Hiddleston, Pace, the Outlander guy, Sam and Dean - all boyish, non threatening. I think that is the appeal for the fraus. These aren’t masc dudes.

by Anonymousreply 44May 20, 2018 3:21 PM

[Quote] Sam and Dean - all boyish, non threatening.

I'm sure all the cons they attend don't help.

by Anonymousreply 45May 20, 2018 3:33 PM

People who use the phrase "masc dudes" unironically are threatening.

by Anonymousreply 46May 20, 2018 3:33 PM

Sorry to trigger you, Tumblrfrau at R46.

by Anonymousreply 47May 20, 2018 3:35 PM

Not a frau, cunt r47. I just hate "masc dudes."

by Anonymousreply 48May 20, 2018 3:36 PM

[quote]Hiddleston, Pace, the Outlander guy, Sam and Dean - all boyish, non threatening. I think that is the appeal for the fraus. These aren’t masc dudes.

Armie Hammer seems to be the exception. His threads are a frau/fangirl clusterfuck.

by Anonymousreply 49May 20, 2018 7:05 PM

I remember several years ago when I tried to locate an actor whose last movie was in 1988. He quit acting altogether and pretty much fell off the face of the Earth. Yet his IMDb board was still reasonably active, there were several tributes to him on YouTube, fansites with every picture of him in existence (including photoshopped "fan art"), and Facebook posts by various women detailing how in love with him they were. I found it very interesting.

He was never THAT famous and he has been out of the picture for decades so I was surprised (and a bit creeped out) to see they were that passionately obsessed. I wondered if it had something to do with why he disappeared. I couldn't even find a hint as to his whereabouts so it seemed as though he were deliberately hiding. His most famous role is one that would attract crazy religious nuts as well.

by Anonymousreply 50May 20, 2018 7:56 PM

R16: The pathetic Supernatural fangirls own this thread.

by Anonymousreply 51May 20, 2018 7:59 PM

If I'm honest, these people make me feel better about being a fan, since I have never gone to any of the lengths they have over somebody I liked - I talk with other fans and share photos and gossip, but that is about it. I have never made up a conspiracy or stalked them or anything.

by Anonymousreply 52May 20, 2018 8:01 PM

[quote]Some of these people HAVE to be the same ones who sit there day and night running those obsessive fansites and fan IG accounts. There is no other explanation.

Indeed. They create sites, hoping their devotion will be noticed, as they beg their idol to make their site an official one - thereby creating a connection to them. There are sick people out there that are eternally wired to what happened in 1972, and what it meant to them. To get on with their lives like healthy people is no small task. I recall a person on a website years ago, left her husband and two sons to move to a country in Europe. To the same town her idol lived in. She was really batshit in a bad kind of way.

by Anonymousreply 53May 20, 2018 8:25 PM

I don't see anything wrong with fansites by themselves. As long as they aren't engaging in the nutty behaviour the worst fans exhibit.

Sebastian Stan seems to have attracted a lot of crazies, including one Australian who spent months in the US following him from con to con.

by Anonymousreply 54May 20, 2018 8:34 PM

The fansites are one thing, but the social media stalkers are a special kind of crazy. These people monitor every like, unlike, post, repost, hashtag, geotag and other tag to keep tabs on what the actor is doing and where he is and what he is liking, so they can breathlessly report the news to fans and discuss every tiny detail ad nauseum. That’s literally all they do, day in and day out. It’s sad and more than a little scary.

by Anonymousreply 55May 20, 2018 9:45 PM

They are straight women who flock here because they fetishise gay men, write fanfic about them etc and think that gives them something in common with actual gays. I wish they would fuck off back to their fandom spaces.

by Anonymousreply 56May 20, 2018 10:13 PM

Some actors encourage their rabid fans by liking their tweets, greeting them by name, etc. maybe it’s a sign of success.

by Anonymousreply 57May 20, 2018 10:37 PM

[quote]Some actors encourage their rabid fans by liking their tweets, greeting them by name, etc. maybe it’s a sign of success.

Well, if they do that, they lose all right to bitch.

by Anonymousreply 58May 20, 2018 10:42 PM

I used to date someone semi-famous. He was a Model for a clothing chain and was the go to man for all the big adverts made in our country. He did a few interviews in mags and in one interview he said his favourite band was Nirvana. Some freak tracked our address down and sent a card. I opened the card and inside were hundreds of individual hairs glued into the shape of a heart. I had a sudden feeling of horror when I realized they were not head hairs. Some freak had plucked then individually glued their own pubes into the shape of a heart. Couldn't figure out why but decided to get stoned. Spent the next couple of hours alternating between giggling my ass off and zapping the thing with fly spray because when stoned I realized it was supposed to represent a HEART SHAPED BOX the name of the Nirvana album. On what freaking planet is that normal. Stans really are insane

by Anonymousreply 59May 21, 2018 3:04 AM

R44 It's not about being nonthreatening it's about being seen as sort of romantic. None of them looks like a boy next door, they have this Disney prince vibe despite being sexy. Same goes for Hammer. Actually Pace, Hiddleston and Hammer even have the same body type, tall, slender but with broad masculine shoulders. Disney prince, yeah.

by Anonymousreply 60May 21, 2018 4:46 AM

Ugh forgot to add. Women get a lot of masc men's attention and sex invitations, at least pretty women and young girls. They don't have the obsession with masc dudes the way gay men do because there are a lot of masc straight dudes. What they have an obsession with is fairytale romance, something they almost never get irl. Thus R60

by Anonymousreply 61May 21, 2018 4:49 AM

R42 To me is that they seem to ignore the existence of bisexuality. It's like there are two types of fangirls

1) he is straight damn you, he will marry me one day

2) he is gay gay gay, he will never look at another woman who is not me

both dumb

by Anonymousreply 62May 21, 2018 4:52 AM

R62 Spot on.

by Anonymousreply 63May 21, 2018 5:01 AM

Adding to that - they have no concept of nuance when it comes to sexuality. If someone suggests that a nominally straight actor might not be opposed to the occasional dip in the man-pond, they lose their collective shit.

by Anonymousreply 64May 21, 2018 12:41 PM

The one I really feel sorry for is Benedict Cumberbatch. He was just a gigging/jobbing actor for years, not particularly well-known and enjoying a nice comfortable life, when all of a sudden Sherlock became an unexpected smash hit and then suddenly he got on the radar of ever fat,y crazy, lonely whackadoodle frau on two continents. The level of insanity was huge, even for a celebrity. He's had a few stalkers etc. It must've been unbearable.

by Anonymousreply 65May 21, 2018 2:41 PM

[Quote] Sebastian Stan seems to have attracted a lot of crazies, including one Australian who spent months in the US following him from con to con.

That's.....dedication.

by Anonymousreply 66May 21, 2018 4:06 PM

R65 I do not get the Benedict Cumberbatch fixation at all. In what universe is he remotely attractive?

by Anonymousreply 67May 21, 2018 4:20 PM

This woman, Hail Chord Shuler is probably the scariest yet hilarious stalker of all time. She's stalked D list actor Brentwood Spiner (Star Trek) for decades and is obsessed with Jesuits. Tosh I interviewed her.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 68May 21, 2018 5:05 PM

Gail not Hail.

by Anonymousreply 69May 21, 2018 5:06 PM

Cumberbatch is charismatic and talented, R67, which can give a fug actor a career if he lucks into the right role.

He seems to be building a solid career on the success of "Sherlock", but at the price of having a fan base from hell! Because his Sherlock is presented as "a high-functioning sociopath" and asexual, he's become the dream man of every autistic, asexual, incel, or batshit crazy female on Earth. It's a modern Faustian bargain!

by Anonymousreply 70May 21, 2018 8:01 PM

R70 I thought his most crazy fans came from their desire to ship him with his costar or something like that..

by Anonymousreply 71May 21, 2018 8:11 PM

Also, what about Chris Evans? He has some loons too...especially the ones who ship him with Seb.

by Anonymousreply 72May 21, 2018 8:13 PM

And what do you think those "shippers" are like in real life, R71?

I used to have a tangential online involvement with such people, and yeah - in real life they're fug, autistic, crazy, incel, or hopeless women. Bright and nice, but real life isn't kind to women who are bright and unfuckable, so they live in these fantasy worlds.

by Anonymousreply 73May 21, 2018 8:34 PM

But why live that fantasy out on DL where they’re not wanted? They’re treating these celebrities like their favorite gay pet much like R56 mentioned. They are fetishisizing gay men as a means of some bastardized form of support. It’s gross and disingenuous, and I prefer it if they’d fuck right off with that shit. This is exactly why that freak show that was the prancing pony was banned.

by Anonymousreply 74May 21, 2018 8:45 PM

Why here, R74?

Because it's an anonymous forum, where the webmaster tolerates that shit. Here, they can say all the idiocy they wouldn't dare put on social media under their own names. And if people like you don't want them here, well, you're not in charge.

by Anonymousreply 75May 21, 2018 8:52 PM

The problem is that once enough of them find their way here, they form a critical mass that absolutely sucks the life out of a thread. You can call them on it and they give no fucks - they just keep right on. It’s maddening.

But like R75 said, we’re not the ones running the show.

by Anonymousreply 76May 21, 2018 8:56 PM

I am currently watching a thread about a certain actor and one stan is currently planning her holiday with her kids around the fact that this actor might be in the country taking part in an actors workshop. Insane.

by Anonymousreply 77May 23, 2018 10:26 PM

Link please R77

by Anonymousreply 78May 24, 2018 2:13 PM

[Quote] I thought his most crazy fans came from their desire to ship him with his costar or something like that..

They do.

by Anonymousreply 79May 24, 2018 5:41 PM

[quote]I used to have a tangential online involvement with such people, and yeah - in real life they're fug, autistic, crazy, incel, or hopeless women. Bright and nice, but real life isn't kind to women who are bright and unfuckable, so they live in these fantasy worlds.

Do they also have zero sense of humor? Because I’ve never seen people who can kill a joke as fast as some of the posters in these threads. It’s remarkable.

by Anonymousreply 80May 24, 2018 9:52 PM

R80, some of the hopeless fanwomen have senses of humor.

The most remarkably humorless people on the planet are the male DC film fans, they tend to be the sort of people who go around actually objecting the presence of humor in entertainment.

by Anonymousreply 81May 24, 2018 10:01 PM

So do these fat, loser, obsessed frau fans actually think these hot male celebs they're obsessed with will actually fuck them one day? Are they really that delusional? I know practically nothing about this kind of thing.

by Anonymousreply 82May 24, 2018 10:09 PM

How do you pronounce Heughan? I always wonder when seeing those threads but forget to ask.

My guess is like Hogan. That close?

by Anonymousreply 83May 24, 2018 10:14 PM

R83 I think it’s more like HUGH-ann.

by Anonymousreply 84May 25, 2018 12:44 AM

Some of the loons in the Sam Heughan threads believe that, because of the amount of thread views that they are generating, that they are actually doing Data lounge a service because of the riffraf they are bringing into this site.

by Anonymousreply 85May 25, 2018 1:01 AM

Thanks r84

by Anonymousreply 86May 25, 2018 4:46 AM

[quote]1) he is straight damn you, he will marry me one day

Their need for certain celebrities to be straight borders on pathological. They’re the same people who think lovey-dovey Instagram posts tell the whole story of a couple’s relationship.

by Anonymousreply 87May 25, 2018 1:02 PM

Agree with R62 that’s it exactly.

R74 but surely there are other anonymous boards?!

Everytime I see that pretty bespectacled schoolgirl at the Supernatural thread I think, this is what those fraus desperately wished they looked like. The reality is...Frincel (frau Incel).

by Anonymousreply 88May 25, 2018 1:33 PM

R88 Frincel. Brilliant!

by Anonymousreply 89May 25, 2018 3:45 PM

[Quote] but surely there are other anonymous boards?!

There are, but they still like to come here.

by Anonymousreply 90May 25, 2018 5:08 PM

In all my adventures in the weirder depths of online nerddom, I have never heard a straight fanwoman seriously state any intention to get her celebrity intention to fall in love with her, have sex with her, or marry her. What I HAVE heard is multiple attempts to become a Big Name Fan, someone who controls the fandom and is part of the celebrity's team, someone who has access while the other fans don't. Frankly, the drive for fandom dominance seems to be much more important than any real-life contact with the celebrity, because the celebrity is purely a fantasy but the fandom people are the "friends".

The seriously crazy ones usually have a different tack, deciding that the celebrity "needs" them and doing that Domlijah shit - running around yelling "I'LL HELP YOU COME OUT OF THE CLOSET OR GO PUBLIC WITH YOUR MARRIED CO-STAR, MY DARLING". They're basically looking for a way to connect to the celebrity by earning their gratitude, showing they're the only ones who understand. Most of them are on a blacklist for meet and greet events.

Of course the seriously insane ones, the ones who'll get arrested at the celebrity's home with a gun and a marriage license, they're too crazy for online fandoms. Yes, there is such a thing as being too crazy for online fandoms.

by Anonymousreply 91May 25, 2018 7:41 PM

That is fascinating, R91. Any insight into why these women so strenuously insist that their fan-crush is gay or straight? And why do they seem so opposed to acknowledging that this celebrity could be bisexual, or heteroflexible, or anything else in between the two extremes? I just don’t understand their need for someone to be a certain sexual orientation.

by Anonymousreply 92May 25, 2018 10:01 PM

R92, the irrational insistence you see is partly because the obsessed fan wants their fantasy to become reality, and again - it's partly fandom politics. They want to show the other fans that they know more, they understand the subject of the obsession better, that they're on the inside and the other fans are not.

Really, lots of the silliest behavior is motivated by the need to score points over the other fans. Because again, the celebrity is just a fantasy, and the relationships with other fans are "real".

by Anonymousreply 93May 25, 2018 10:17 PM

Thanks R91. I don’t know anything about fandoms, so again, this is really interesting.

by Anonymousreply 94May 25, 2018 10:21 PM

All actors big or small have their dedicated fandom these days. Frequently the fandom mimics the actor they are following. Loonier the actor loonier the fandom. If the actors play PR games they can't expect the fans to be normal. If the actors are in an intense romantic tv show or movie then forget about it... the fangirls and boys will shred to pieces their real life partner. That's just the way it. I admire actors who keep their privacy private instead of playing the PR game with the media and fans. Nothing to do with masc or fem. Have you heard of Henry the "superman" or Tom Hiddlestone's fandom despite their frequent show of their "masculinity"?

by Anonymousreply 95May 25, 2018 10:37 PM

These kinds of threads about celebrities are an intregal part of Datalounge. It’s not a new thing. John Travolta, Tom Cruise et al

by Anonymousreply 96June 21, 2018 7:11 AM

Angeloonies, Brangeloonies and Pittyloons

by Anonymousreply 97June 21, 2018 7:11 AM

Brangeloonies are the worst

by Anonymousreply 98June 21, 2018 7:14 AM

Genuine question about the shipper contingent: They are at best annoying and at worst psychotic. Are they always 100% wrong, though? I mean, there has been the rare ship that I could see being plausible.

by Anonymousreply 99June 21, 2018 1:16 PM

Yeah, R99, I think the shipping fangirls have scared quite a few actors further into the closet!

I used to be involved in fan fiction in a small way, and FYI one of the oddest things about the fandom shipping world is that quite a lot of the fancrazies don't see any difference between shipping relationships between fictional characters and real people.

by Anonymousreply 100June 21, 2018 4:35 PM

What is it about Supernatural that has made it the biggest success with certain kind of fans?

It doesn't have the most handsome or talented actors, it doesn't have the best plots.

by Anonymousreply 101June 21, 2018 5:46 PM

[Quote] What I HAVE heard is multiple attempts to become a Big Name Fan, someone who controls the fandom and is part of the celebrity's team, someone who has access while the other fans don't.

I have never understood the appeal in being a bnf. If that happened to me i'd be embarrassed.

[Quote] What is it about Supernatural that has made it the biggest success with certain kind of fans?

All the conventions they do. And the fact that it's been on for over a decade.

[Quote] It doesn't have the most handsome or talented actors, it doesn't have the best plots.

Debatable and having a good plot is not a necessity e.g Teen Wolf.

by Anonymousreply 102June 21, 2018 5:53 PM

I peruse tumblr sometimes, if I miss an episode of a TV show I like. Usually, you can find a synopsis or review pretty quickly. However, you do see a lot of crazy shipping stuff. Tumblr seems to thrive on that shit.

by Anonymousreply 103June 21, 2018 6:33 PM

[Quote] However, you do see a lot of crazy shipping stuff. Tumblr seems to thrive on that shit.

That's what it's known for and not in the positive sense.

by Anonymousreply 104June 21, 2018 6:52 PM

[quote]FYI one of the oddest things about the fandom shipping world is that quite a lot of the fancrazies don't see any difference between shipping relationships between fictional characters and real people.

It’s a weird continuum. There have been onscreen couples that I’d bet money enjoyed their sex scenes a lot more than they’d ever admit publicly, but that falls way short of an actual real-life romance.

by Anonymousreply 105June 21, 2018 6:57 PM

And they might even have had an on-set fling. But again, not the same as a long-term relationship and shippers don’t seem to know where to draw the line.

by Anonymousreply 106June 22, 2018 12:11 PM

[quote]What is it about them that draws crazy fans like moths to a flame?

The other crazy fans.

by Anonymousreply 107June 22, 2018 12:21 PM

[quote]I have never understood the appeal in being a bnf. If that happened to me i'd be embarrassed.

As would I. These people have to lead the saddest and most pathetic lives.

by Anonymousreply 108June 22, 2018 12:28 PM

[quote]These kinds of threads about celebrities are an intregal part of Datalounge. It’s not a new thing.

No, but the crazy seems to have exploded lately. You have groups of deranged shippers and then other groups of militant anti-shippers who are outraged, OUTRAGED at the very idea and consider it their duty to purge DL of any such suggestion...all fighting with each other on the Sam Heughan threads and the Chalamet threads and the other shitshow threads. And the teenage morons and frauen are multiplying.

Nothing, of course, will ever top the Prancing Ponies.

by Anonymousreply 109June 22, 2018 12:52 PM

[Quote] As would I. These people have to lead the saddest and most pathetic lives.

Sadly most of them seem to see it as a huge honour.

by Anonymousreply 110June 23, 2018 4:40 PM

What's funny is that for the most part these guys are fairly obscure.

by Anonymousreply 111June 23, 2018 4:47 PM

[Quote] What's funny is that for the most part these guys are fairly obscure.

It also doesn't hurt if they attend alot of conventions.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 112June 23, 2018 4:56 PM

[quote]What's funny is that for the most part these guys are fairly obscure.

Tell that to their stans.

by Anonymousreply 113June 23, 2018 5:30 PM

I've only heard of most these actors from the threads here on DL (which I generally block as quickly as they appear).

by Anonymousreply 114June 23, 2018 5:40 PM

[Quote] Tell that to their stans.

The way some of them go off when something slightly negative is said about their fave...😒

by Anonymousreply 115June 23, 2018 5:50 PM

You can tell who they usually (but not always) go after: moody lone wolf types who are not known to have serious partners. They often usually play emotionally tortured types who seem like they need to be "saved," and they prefer slightly more obscure performers than hugely famous heartthrobs (like Ryan Gosling).

by Anonymousreply 116June 23, 2018 5:51 PM

I wish I knew.

by Anonymousreply 117June 23, 2018 6:00 PM

[Quote] You can tell who they usually (but not always) go after: moody lone wolf types who are not known to have serious partners.

I don't think it makes that much of a difference. If they do have a partner/gf/wife the stans automatically think they're bearding and secretly struggling with their sexuality and the stans are clearly the only ones who can see it.

by Anonymousreply 118June 23, 2018 6:18 PM

[quote]If they do have a partner/gf/wife the stans automatically think they're bearding and secretly struggling with their sexuality and the stans are clearly the only ones who can see it.

Goes back to the point about sexuality being so either-or for them. It’s possible to be a bisexual male actor happily married to/partnered with a woman. Or to be nominally straight and married to a woman yet also not opposed to a little man-on-man sex once in a while. Or endless other permutations that do not exist in the average fangurl worldview.

by Anonymousreply 119June 23, 2018 6:24 PM

Gerard Butler still has some crazy fans, including a Scottish woman who follows him everywhere. She works for British Airways and can travel on short notice. During one American talk show appearance, he was so freaked he stopped the interview to call her out. It is on YouTube somewhere. My friend's mom attends his NYC talk show appearances. She has been a huge fan for over a decade. Go figure.

by Anonymousreply 120June 23, 2018 6:26 PM

[quote]During one American talk show appearance, he was so freaked he stopped the interview to call her out.

It was probably the highlight of her empty and pathetic life.

by Anonymousreply 121June 23, 2018 6:32 PM

R119 I think alot of them are open to that....as long as it ends with the actor dating whoever it is they ship them with.

by Anonymousreply 122June 23, 2018 6:47 PM

Fascinating dichotomy with the stans too: there are some actors who are likely gay and the stanfraus will come to DL to protest that they have to be straight (Renner, Pace, Evans)

Then there are straight actors who have played gay roles (Harold, Hammer, Chalamet) and the stanfraus will come here to argue that they are gay or bi because "it looked too realistic on camera"

by Anonymousreply 123June 30, 2018 4:12 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 124July 4, 2018 7:58 PM

[quote]The LSA forum has middle-aged white frau's obsessing over Fimmels every move to the point where they scour the internet to find out where he is . They are absolutely batshit to the point where I hope he and the other cast members have good security. I clock in once a week to watch the carnage.

No one in this thread is thinking it's weird so many gay men at DL are constantly bring up female 'stans' and celebrity obsessed fraus? You are actually posting you're following a "middle-aged white frau's obsessing" over a performer? "I clock in once a week to watch the carnage." You don't think that statement is weird?

Why the heck do these types of fans seem to overly annoy so many gay men? Some of you actually seem to be stalkers of these 'stans'. I don't get it at all. This is not the only forum I've noticed this, this went on at IMDb too.

DL has become an extremely angry place. I've been here since the late 1990s, I don't recall people being this vicious and honestly, it's for no reason.

Why give a shit that any celebrity has overly obsessed fans. Extreme fandom has been going on forever, it's nothing new.

For a brief period of about five years, I was a music photographer, when I shot one particular very famous band, the same group of fans were always sitting in the first two rows. For pretty much every gig I shot on the coast where I live, I always saw the dame fans. An equal mix of men and women, it's to just female who are obsessed.

The band's lead singer broke out on his own, he became even more popular than his former band. Once again, it was the same set of obsessed fans sitting in the first two rows at every one of his gigs I photographed. One fan, I talked to told me she and her husband took off an entire year from their jobs to 'tour' with the singer's world tour. Now, that's bizarre level of obsession, mostly because it involves a shitload of money.

What the couple did for a full year was a whole lot scarier than following gossip and posting about the celebrity or musician on gossip forums. There are obviously different levels of fandom.

by Anonymousreply 125July 4, 2018 8:59 PM

[Quote] No one in this thread is thinking it's weird so many gay men at DL are constantly bring up female 'stans' and celebrity obsessed fraus?

I don't understand why some think there's only female stans. The male ones can be just as obnoxious/creepy.

by Anonymousreply 126July 5, 2018 5:37 PM

R125 Your comment would be apt if it wasn't for the fact that they don't just post harmless gossip and follow gossip. They try and hunt down photos of family members, Research their schools, Insult ex partners, freak out at the mere thought that they might be in a relationship, Plan holidays around where the actor or actress is going to be. Find out where they live. That isn't harmless its weird. It's no less obsessive it just seems it because they are part of a group that justifies it.

by Anonymousreply 127July 6, 2018 3:44 AM

What is it about me that attracts such loonies?

by Anonymousreply 128July 6, 2018 3:49 AM

[quote] Why the heck do these types of fans seem to overly annoy so many gay men?

Context, idiot. It happens at one of the few ongoing gay boards around.

And it only happens here because of the liberal posting regulations.

There's more but I won't bother. The fact that you've been here this long and haven't figured it out means you're a lost cause.

by Anonymousreply 129July 6, 2018 3:56 AM

R9 makes me think. There's this old woman neighbor who was in her 70s when Aiken was at his peak. Even calling into the idol show to vote. Her kids all grown and an aspie husband from Germany, like her parents. Bought his CDs. Eventually started obsessing on me. My mom was her friend.

I'm a pretty animated and confident person. I heard her tell her daughter that I can be intimidating. I think she meant "take charge" kind of person. To her, I guess I'm take charge and loyal but without that German/Aspies coldness. Her children are spineless (her words) and awkward. I grew up with the family and I've always felt in my gut that she wished I was hers. As I grew up and handled my own family crises with stoicism and that French Canadian charisma, she is OBSESSED!

So I'm gonna go with perhaps these wacky fans recognize a similar trait within themselves and/or their families but with an added touch of warmth, vulnerbility, loyalty and expression they and/or kinship lack.

Oh and this neighbor who is now early 80s is creaming her knickers over Justin Trudeau. So I'm thinking these fraus like guys with a feminine side. All of her 5 day trips with her husband (gambler) are no longer AC or LV but casinos up in Queerbec Canada. She creeps me out so much I need to do yard work at night. If day, I'm out she'll come over or watch my every move from her window.

by Anonymousreply 130July 6, 2018 4:17 AM

[quote]I have never understood the appeal in being a bnf. If that happened to me i'd be embarrassed.

It's about being queen bee aka attention-seeking and control.

As a rule, they are fat ugly fraus who were probably shunned their whole lives and nobody paid attention to them. The online fandom has different rules of popularity - not how attractive you are but how cray you are about the object of the fandom's attention, and if you're single-minded enough to muscle in and take over control. Usually, it goes hand in hand with being an obsessive stalker and conspiracy theorist by nature.

by Anonymousreply 131July 6, 2018 4:47 AM

They are insane cunts with zero lives. But the Sam Hueghanan fraus are the worst fucking sad bitches around

by Anonymousreply 132July 6, 2018 4:52 AM

To R97/98, my feeling on the Brangeloonie base (Angie invested) is basically that they are older (40+) black women with lesbian tendencies who would normally be put off by this goth blood vial wearing white chicks until she adopted an African child. Before that, everything she did or stood for is basically taboo in black culture the world over. Be it Ivory Coast, Haiti or inner city Chicago. The Zahara adoption coupled with pillowy lips becoming a valued trait pretty much solidified her fan base. Having her first known bio child (I believe she had another when young, put up for adoption) born in Africa is the selling point to her most ardent fan base, none who were white. Her base is/was gender bender POC. Add in the fact that Jolie herself is in FACT not 100% Caucasian but partly First Nation (come on, those 2 splayed front teeth inverted) and there's your Angeloonie. They know she's dated women. Not black or white women but an Asian woman. Everything I wrote above is the recipe or equation for her die-hard fan base or as some of us are all too aware her die-hard "anti" fan base. Either way, Jolie is right up there with Madonna (another part French-Canadian, as is Beyonce, oddly) with a cultish, obsessed fan base.

by Anonymousreply 133July 6, 2018 4:57 AM

My feeling is to go with R131 as an explanation to these people who are online. Totally agree. What about people in the past or older people that don't go on fan websites?

Can I throw out David Cassidy or even brother Shaun? The Beatles with fainting fans?

by Anonymousreply 134July 6, 2018 5:03 AM

Love you R129. Preach it sista!

by Anonymousreply 135July 6, 2018 5:05 AM

R134 here again. Thinking of David Cassidy phenomena one trait really stands out. He wasn't really manly. He was a pretty, gender fluid Boy with a vulnerability. People related to that. I think the coupling of masculine and feminine traits lends to the hysteria.

Is this an American thing that goes back a bit? I mean were British or French fans hysterically crying and hyperventilating over The Beatles or Elvis?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 136July 6, 2018 5:22 AM

IMHO the crying and hyperventilating fans of the Beatles/Elvis/Sinatra era were a very different phenomenon than the modern stalker-fans. That was pure mass hysteria, the very young fans would get together in crowds and get all hyped up and scream their fool heads off, and make so damn much noise that they couldn't actually hear the act they were paying to see. The girls were letting off energy and hormones in an era when girls weren't allowed many other ways to let off energy and hormones - these were "good girls" in their early who thought that sports made you ugly and heavy petting got you pregnant, and that planning to spend your entire life vaccuming and changing diapers was the path to personal fulfillment.

As far as I know nobody over the age of 18 behaved that way, and the phenomenon of screaming hordes of girls stopped during the mid-sixties, when the sexual revolution and drugs and feminism came in, and repression went out. No, the modern stalker-fan seems to be a very different beast, born of modern social isolation rather than adolescent hormones, and fed by the Too Much Information Age.

by Anonymousreply 137July 6, 2018 5:45 AM

R137 Your explanation is perfect!!

by Anonymousreply 138July 6, 2018 6:04 AM

Sorry, the other thing to remember about the screaming fans of the Beatles-Elvis-Sinatra era (yes, Sinatra had screamers in the 1940s) was that they were VERY young. Like age 10-14, most of them, old enough to have hormonal surgers but well below the age of reason.

Girls that age are still hormonal fangirls, but they tend to express their idiocy on social media or youtube now, not by going to concerts and screaming like idiots.

by Anonymousreply 139July 6, 2018 6:18 AM

R137, I asked. You answered. Very astute observation. We need more like you on here. Thank you ♡. You put that issue to bed for me. Isolation. Yep. You fucking genius, you.

by Anonymousreply 140July 6, 2018 6:45 AM

Garsh, thanks!

by Anonymousreply 141July 6, 2018 6:58 AM

R131 I get that and i agree with everything you said. I still think i'd die inside if a massive amount of people hung on my every word because they think i have some kind of special insight on a certain actor or shipper theory.

by Anonymousreply 142July 6, 2018 5:49 PM

The Chalamet/Hammer threads (those that aren’t shut down, anyway) have officially become a deranged meta mind fuck. Oh, the crazy.

by Anonymousreply 143July 23, 2018 1:53 AM

I don’t even know who these people are.

by Anonymousreply 144July 23, 2018 1:59 AM

R144 Trust me, it’s better that way.

by Anonymousreply 145July 23, 2018 4:04 PM

Why aren’t these loonies being red tagged? Just curious.

by Anonymousreply 146August 12, 2018 5:14 PM

A lot of actors aren’t exactly the picture of mental health to begin with. Add to that a reality distortion field that enlarges the ego and makes you distrustful of others’ true motives for wanting to be around you...and it’s not hard to figure out.

by Anonymousreply 147August 12, 2018 5:30 PM

I usually immediately block those threads. Are these trolls insane frauen and why bring it here? The Renner troll is particularly loathsome. I picture a crazy, giggling Asian with multiple personalities talking amongst themselves.

by Anonymousreply 148August 12, 2018 5:33 PM

It’s frauen, and fangirls, and sock puppets, all of whom insist they’re nothing of the sort. I’m not one to scream “PR shill!” at the drop of a hat, but there are such obvious agendas on some of these threads that it’s laughable.

by Anonymousreply 149August 12, 2018 5:48 PM

I saw Betty Buckley perform circa 2000. It seemed, at the time, she had a devoted stalker. I stuck around after the show to get my picture taken with Betty Lynn; there was a butch-looking woman not in the line of fans, but looking menacing and hanging out in the shadows of the theater lobby. Security of some type was present, and they kept talking to Betty Lynn's staff about Stalker Lady.

I was young, and the whole thing scared/disturbed me.

by Anonymousreply 150August 12, 2018 5:52 PM

Meant to follow up my post at r150 with ... Crazy attracts crazy.

by Anonymousreply 151August 12, 2018 5:54 PM

I tried spending a few minutes reading a Timothee thread, and quickly remembered why I've always blocked them. It was like reading the thoughts of a bunch of 12 year old, barely literate girls.

by Anonymousreply 152August 12, 2018 6:02 PM

Same, R152. Worse, there’s a splinter faction of them who have infested the A rmie threads, which . The last half of this one is the biggest shit show I’ve seen in a long time:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 153August 12, 2018 6:19 PM

^ Sorry, no idea what went wrong with the formatting there. Should have said “...which used to be dishy, bitchy fun.”

by Anonymousreply 154August 12, 2018 6:21 PM

If you knew the answer to that conundrum, dear OP, you’d have an antidote for frau who clutter DL.

by Anonymousreply 155August 12, 2018 6:34 PM

They are everywhere. And they are always watching.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 156August 13, 2018 2:12 PM

R59 - that’s just fucking alarming.

by Anonymousreply 157August 13, 2018 2:38 PM

Spot on, R74. You can spot them here a mile off. Clogging up threads. What shits me more than anything is when they try to pretend they are ‘fellow’ gay men. It’s highly offensive. Most of them have atrocious English as well.

by Anonymousreply 158August 13, 2018 2:42 PM

I’d like to know that also, R92.

by Anonymousreply 159August 13, 2018 2:45 PM

I find these frincels (love it - kudos) so difficult to empathize with and relate to. I suspect that it’s their unabating over investment of the lives of people they will never meet, with whom they have nothing in common, and really, whomever these actors choose to fuck and associate with in their down time, has absolutely ZERO to do with the stans, nor impacts their lives in any way whatsoever. I couldn’t give a toss as to who fucks who. What cereal someone eats. Where they get their pedicure, or who their mum or grade four teacher was.

by Anonymousreply 160August 13, 2018 2:51 PM

Exactly, R108. I believe that because their lives are so lacking, void of any substance or purpose, and the fact that in themselves they are one dimensional, empty, sad, unremarkable people, that it is the only status and recognition they will ever attain. That’s if they ever do receive attention as a fan. The fans seem to fuel each other. Outside of that, the actors they are wetting their panties over, really just do not give a flying fuck.

by Anonymousreply 161August 13, 2018 2:56 PM

Oh, that picture just made me CRINGE, R112.

by Anonymousreply 162August 13, 2018 2:57 PM

WW for R117.

by Anonymousreply 163August 13, 2018 2:58 PM

That’s a great article, R124. However, I do wish that the journalist hadn’t named the crazy fans, in the article. It acknowledges them, makes them feel recognized and legitimate.

by Anonymousreply 164August 13, 2018 3:06 PM

[Quote] That’s if they ever do receive attention as a fan.

I've seen some bnfs who think that they know the actors better than other fans because they've attended a few conventions.

by Anonymousreply 165August 13, 2018 3:13 PM

R150 - your post made me think of this ...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 166August 13, 2018 3:14 PM

That’s truly scary, R165.

by Anonymousreply 167August 13, 2018 3:15 PM

Wheeere to begin lol

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 168August 13, 2018 3:40 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 169August 13, 2018 3:42 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 170August 13, 2018 3:43 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 171August 13, 2018 3:43 PM

The Damie or Jakota or whatever they call themselves contingent (Dakota Johnson + Jamie Dornan post-50 Shades) must be added to the loony list as well.

by Anonymousreply 172August 13, 2018 3:57 PM

Don't Jamie and Dakota hate each other?

by Anonymousreply 173August 13, 2018 4:01 PM

Nerd fan bases. Autism central, no social skills.

by Anonymousreply 174August 13, 2018 4:05 PM

Not if you ask their stans, R173. Damie is real. REAL, I say. Hadn’t you heard?

by Anonymousreply 175August 13, 2018 4:05 PM

I made the mistake of looking at one of the Sam H threads, I have never wished for brain bleach more in my life!

Having participated in the Dylan threads, when you see some of the shit those stans get up to for essentially nobodies you wonder where humanity is headed. Seriously they link their mental well being to a stranger's relationship! (Not just kids either, adult fraus with kids of their own)

by Anonymousreply 176August 13, 2018 4:11 PM

R175 Lol nope. I gave the 50 Shades fandom a miss.

by Anonymousreply 177August 13, 2018 4:16 PM

R177 An unrelated Twitter search brought up a series of tweets from a crazed 50 Shades shipper....I didn’t even know they were out there until then. Holy nutballs.

by Anonymousreply 178August 13, 2018 4:21 PM

[quote]Nerd fan bases. Autism central, no social skills.

But these aren't nerds, though. Any of these obsessive fans that I've ever encountered online (never in person, thankfully) has shown signs of mental illness.

by Anonymousreply 179August 13, 2018 4:27 PM

R179 maybe the escapist nature of these shows attract people who want to get away from their reality.

by Anonymousreply 180August 13, 2018 5:54 PM

R180 Wow, that’s depressing.

by Anonymousreply 181August 13, 2018 6:11 PM

Frincelstans love more obscure actors because the chances of them being a star in say Sam Heugan's fandom is much greater than being a star in Ryan Gosling's.

DL, as others have mentioned is where the Frincelstans can come to trash talk the objects of their affection without having to use their own names or own up to their statements.

One technique I've seen is they will come on DL and claim to be someone who knows the Stan-Object and knows some secret information about him e.g., "Timothee isn't in love with Armie anymore. There's a new guy, a friend of mine, who works in Chicago. They met at [detail, detail detail] and Timmy texts him all the time." -- this alone can create three 600-post threads on DL and the Frincelstan is in heaven as a result.

by Anonymousreply 182August 13, 2018 7:38 PM

R180, I wasn't quite clear, a lot of nerds and a probably many in obsessive internet fandoms probably have autistic tendencies, but my guess is that the really crazy ones (as in the tinhats, Larries, Cumberbatch stans, Meghan Markle haters, obsessive posters in the Heughan and Pace threads) have a screw loose. The sheer venom against those who don't share their obsession is telling. There are also fewer of them than there appear, but they assume multiple identities to give the impression of an overwhelming consensus of opinion.

by Anonymousreply 183August 13, 2018 7:57 PM

I wasn't arguing against you, by the way, I got cut off before finishing off my last comment.

by Anonymousreply 184August 13, 2018 8:00 PM

The Sam Hugheanan threads have devolved into total fantasy, stupidity and endless homophobia. But the bizarre thing is the 'stans' actually seem to hate the man and his career, all they do is bitch about him and his bad choices, I mean, aren't fans actually meant to like the person they obsess on? Crazy nasty cunts the lot of them

by Anonymousreply 185August 13, 2018 8:06 PM

[quote]There are also fewer of them than there appear, but they assume multiple identities to give the impression of an overwhelming consensus of opinion.

I’ve encountered one who posts from multiple devices simultaneously and denies it, but the writing style could not be more obviously hers. Frankly, I just thought she was a nut job. It never occurred to me that she might be trying to create her own chorus of assent.

by Anonymousreply 186August 13, 2018 8:14 PM

Not sure if you're thinking of the poster I'm thinking of, but I got curious several months ago and lurked at one of the royal gossip forums. The rhetoric about Meghan Markle was very familiar, but the regulars at the forum just seemed like reasonably normal bored housewives who made it their hobby to bitch at a stranger for getting in the way of their fantasy lives. Although the scenario that they created and reinforced among themselves is pretty crazy in itself (and ugly and obsessive), I think the majority had no problem separating their hobby from their normal lives and used it as a way to blow off steam, while a minority obviously took it as a manifesto.

by Anonymousreply 187August 13, 2018 10:12 PM

Did the Jeremy Renner stans finally get sectioned? They were insane and very, very stupid.

by Anonymousreply 188August 13, 2018 10:17 PM

I guess Betty Lynn has had multiple stalkers? Or maybe this is the same one from circa 2000.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 189August 13, 2018 10:26 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 190August 13, 2018 10:32 PM

R187 I don’t think it’s the same person - this one tends to haunt the actor threads. She’s a dour, condescending, argumentative know-it-all. Like the love child of Hermione Granger and Ebenezer Scrooge.

by Anonymousreply 191August 13, 2018 11:16 PM

I give up.....what's a Frincelstan????

by Anonymousreply 192August 14, 2018 2:43 AM

R192 Frincel = frau + incel.

by Anonymousreply 193August 14, 2018 1:00 PM

Everyone mentioned on this thread:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 194August 15, 2018 3:09 PM

^ Ugh, wrong thread. Sorry.

by Anonymousreply 195August 15, 2018 3:09 PM

What thread were you trying to link to?

by Anonymousreply 196August 15, 2018 3:11 PM

R196 I was trying to link this thread to another.

by Anonymousreply 197August 15, 2018 3:13 PM

Does the FF button do anything these days? I keep using it on some wacko who is blowing up these threads with spam and nothing happens.

by Anonymousreply 198August 31, 2018 12:16 PM

[quote]Does the FF button do anything these days?

Not much. You only get 3 or 4 a day. I guess some loonies would go truly loonie if we got more of them.

by Anonymousreply 199August 31, 2018 12:26 PM

R199 Thanks. This person is worse than the loonies on the threads. Give me annoying fangurls over an unhinged spammer who goes around doxing porn stars and declaring war on the Tumblr crowd.

by Anonymousreply 200August 31, 2018 1:56 PM

R200 And....I guess you’re one of those who are following the A threads...religiously...okay, dude. Whatever floats your boat. If you’re blind when some real mental ill fucker posts in those threads, then I dunno what to say.

by Anonymousreply 201August 31, 2018 2:26 PM

Add Rami Malek stans to this list. They are metastasizing.

by Anonymousreply 202January 25, 2019 8:42 PM

R202 Nah, those are the same Timo Tay fraus.

by Anonymousreply 203January 25, 2019 8:45 PM

I believe most actors have their fair share of loonie fans I call fantards. Datalounge only covers a small part of celebrity culture. Just look at the occasional soap or HGTV or professional sports thread. Hell, take a look at threads about old classic Hollywood glam and you get crazy bitches scratching each others' eyes out over something that may or may not have happened eons ago.

by Anonymousreply 204January 25, 2019 9:55 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!