Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Got This Treason in My Body (The Mueller Investigation Part 25)...

Continued discussion... because I feel that hot blood in my body when it drops (ooh)..... because all those things I shouldn't do... I can't stop the treason.... break it down. Got this treason in my body...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 602May 15, 2018 7:41 PM

Link to previous thread for reference:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1May 7, 2018 11:19 PM

Previous thread titles for reference:

First Charges Filed in Mueller Investigation (10/27/17)

First Charges Filed in Mueller Investigation, Part Two (10/28/17)

The Four Treasons: Mueller Investigation, Part 3 (10/31/17)

A Man For All Treasons: Mueller Investigation, Part 4 (11/5/17)

It's Beginning to Look a lot like Treason! The Mueller Investigation Part 5 (12/4/17)

Treason Is The Reason For The Season! The Mueller Investigation Part 6 (12/16/17)

Treason to Believe (The Mueller Investigation Part 7) (12/26/17)

I Love You For Sentimental Treasons (The Mueller Investigation Part 8) (1/3/18)

Give Me One Treason To Stay Here... (The Mueller Investigation Part 9) (1/15/18)

Treasons of Love (The Mueller Investigation Part 10) (1/24/18)

For Treasons Which Are Well Known To Them (The Mueller Investigation Part 11) (1/30/18)

Come on and Treason Down, Treason Down the Road (The Mueller Investigation Part 12) (2/6/18)

13 Treasons Why (The Mueller Investigation Part 13) (2/18/18)

By Treason of Insanity (The Mueller Investigation Part 14) (2/23/18)

The Edge of Treason (The Mueller Investigation Part 15) (2/28/18)

A Treason to Live; A Treason to Die (The Mueller Investigation Part 16)…(3/10/18)

Treasons of the Heart (The Mueller Investigation Part 17) (3/17/18)

A Stormy Treason (The Mueller Investigation Part 18) (3/21/18)

Lovin', Touchin', Treason (The Mueller Investigation Part 19) (3/26/18)

Everything Happens for a Treason (The Mueller Investigation Part 20) (4/4/18)

For All the Right Treasons (The Mueller Investigation Part 21) (4/11/18)

Treasons Change (The Mueller Investigation Part 22) (4/16/18)

Dangerous Tre'asons (The Mueller Investigation Part 23) (4/22/18)

Don't Stop (the) Treason (The Mueller Investigation Part 24) (5/1/18)

Got This Treason in My Body (The Mueller Investigation Part 25) (5/7/18)

by Anonymousreply 2May 7, 2018 11:20 PM

8/10, OP. Not bad.

by Anonymousreply 3May 7, 2018 11:26 PM

Eh.

by Anonymousreply 4May 7, 2018 11:30 PM

Kyle Griffin:

[Quote] Trump has been griping to associates that Rudy Giuliani has failed to shut down the Stormy Daniels saga, Politico reports. And Trump has reportedly expressed frustration that Giuliani’s media appearances are raising more questions than they are answering.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5May 7, 2018 11:32 PM

Have we done The Age of Treason?

by Anonymousreply 6May 7, 2018 11:33 PM

I'm surprised that Drumpfy is even that aware that the Ghoul is raising more questions.

by Anonymousreply 7May 7, 2018 11:33 PM

Not yet, R6. Full list of titles is above.

by Anonymousreply 8May 7, 2018 11:34 PM

Ours is not to treason why...

by Anonymousreply 9May 7, 2018 11:43 PM

Another fucking song title.

As you were.

by Anonymousreply 10May 7, 2018 11:50 PM

It's not a song title.

by Anonymousreply 11May 7, 2018 11:53 PM

the other thread isnt full yet....and I doubt that this is the original OP......he alweays links to the new thread....and theres nothing.

by Anonymousreply 12May 7, 2018 11:55 PM

I am tired of Mueller taking so long, everyone knows Trump is guilty of many crimes and he is still breaking laws...our country is in very serious trouble, Mueller needs to move his ass.

by Anonymousreply 13May 7, 2018 11:55 PM

R12 I am the OP of the majority of the previous threads. I don't know what you mean that there isn't a link to the new thread. It was at 588 in the previous thread.

by Anonymousreply 14May 8, 2018 12:04 AM

Do you pinky promise, r14?

by Anonymousreply 15May 8, 2018 12:37 AM

Eric Schneidermann, the attorney general of NY, has been accused by 4 women of sexual abuse. There are reports that Governor Cuomo will ask for his immediate resignation.

How will this effect (if at all) the investigation by Schneidermann into Trump's illegal activities in NY state?

by Anonymousreply 16May 8, 2018 12:48 AM

It wont affect it at all.....but somethings fishy with the timing of this story.......

by Anonymousreply 17May 8, 2018 12:50 AM

I think Ronan Farrow is a Republican r17. He certainly targets liberals and Democrats.

by Anonymousreply 18May 8, 2018 12:57 AM

Lindsey Graham praises the selection of Oliver North (of Iran-Contra fame) as the new NRA President.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19May 8, 2018 12:59 AM

Ronan Farrow had a short lived show on MSNBC a few years back when it was trying to be the most liberal network that ever was, so I highly doubt he's changed his political stances so quickly.

He's just being an investigative journalist and trying to be non-partisan about it is my guess.

by Anonymousreply 20May 8, 2018 1:01 AM

R19 Ollie North brings back memories that the GOP once got into bed with Iran to win an election. When push come to shove, the GOP will always cheat and try to weasel out of it later. That's part of their playbook.

by Anonymousreply 21May 8, 2018 1:08 AM

Even the MSNBC period is suspect, r20. Farrow's show was so bad that there's no way it wasn't a deliberate attempt to bring the the-liberal network down.

by Anonymousreply 22May 8, 2018 1:11 AM

Greta lasted longer than he did ^^^^^

by Anonymousreply 23May 8, 2018 1:14 AM

Ronan is no Log Cabin gay. He is an intellectual gay whose entire last book was about diplomacy. Republicans and conservatives puss on diplomacy.

Ronan is one of us but smarter.

by Anonymousreply 24May 8, 2018 1:28 AM

^^^piss hahaha

by Anonymousreply 25May 8, 2018 1:29 AM

I could see Trump liking Rudy because he is a complete boob and makes Trump seem like Einstein in comparison. Or he privately hates that Rudy is hogging the spotlight. With a crazy narcissist at the helm you never know

Love the gif. CNN should use that for every Trump headline

by Anonymousreply 26May 8, 2018 1:33 AM

R26 Trump's using Rudy as media distraction for now... Why else put up with a lawyer who will incriminate you? But when he feels jealous or tired of the attention hog, he will throw Rudy under the bus. At some point, Rudy will be pushed back into the hole he crawled out of.

by Anonymousreply 27May 8, 2018 1:55 AM

The Republican love for Oliver North, who literally sold weapons to the Ayatollah Khomeini, is proof of the party's total cynicism and devotion to image and tribal power-gestures over policy or even ideology.

by Anonymousreply 28May 8, 2018 2:02 AM

Did Sarah take off her oats bag today to give another sad press conference? Can’t imagine being that victim mule

by Anonymousreply 29May 8, 2018 2:02 AM

Scneiderman just resigned after Cuomo asked for his resignation with no investigation and ES still denies.....Oh no ...nothing fishy here.......the NY legislature gets to pick the new AG....guess who has control ?

by Anonymousreply 30May 8, 2018 2:05 AM

Who has control of the NY legislature to pick new AG? I live in flyover state. I agree, this sounds shady but Cuomo a Dem.

by Anonymousreply 31May 8, 2018 2:10 AM

It’s very complicated, but as I understand it there are a number of Democrats who caucus with the Republicans, not that that necessarily means they’ll try to install a pro-Trump weasel in there.

by Anonymousreply 32May 8, 2018 2:12 AM

republicans control the NY legislature

by Anonymousreply 33May 8, 2018 2:13 AM

The Repubs have majority?

by Anonymousreply 34May 8, 2018 2:13 AM

there are multiple Dems who caucus with republicans in NY congress

by Anonymousreply 35May 8, 2018 2:15 AM

Dems have a 1 seat majority in State Senate. Bigger majority in House. So says Rubin on MSNBC. She thinks they will pick someone from the AG office now.

by Anonymousreply 36May 8, 2018 2:15 AM

Doesn’t it feel like the mob is taking over? I wish Kellylyin and Ivanka would be kidnapped and never reappear

by Anonymousreply 37May 8, 2018 2:15 AM

Also, bear in mind that the State AG will be elected by the people in November, so whomever the legislature picks will only be there a few months. NY will vote a Dem in, guaranteed.

by Anonymousreply 38May 8, 2018 2:16 AM

R36....but there is a MAJORITY of democrats that caucus with republicans in the NY congress

by Anonymousreply 39May 8, 2018 2:16 AM

Preet needs to run!!!! That would be PERFECT!

by Anonymousreply 40May 8, 2018 2:17 AM

As of January 2018, Republicans held 31 seats in the 63-seat New York State Senate, and Sen. Simcha Felder, a Brooklyn Democrat, caucused with them. The eight-member Independent Democratic Conference (IDC) maintained a bipartisan coalition with Senate Republicans.[9] The Senate Democratic Conference held 21 seats. There were two Senate vacancies. In the Assembly, the Democratic majority--consisting of 103 Democrats and one Independence Party member who caucused with the Democrats--held 104 seats, while Republicans held 37 seats. There were nine vacancies...

by Anonymousreply 41May 8, 2018 2:18 AM

R40 Love that idea!

by Anonymousreply 42May 8, 2018 2:19 AM

Get out and tweet #electPreet.

by Anonymousreply 43May 8, 2018 2:20 AM

Love the idea of Preet. That would show Trump. But then Trump would claim Preet biased against him.

by Anonymousreply 44May 8, 2018 2:33 AM

Yes, choosing Preet would be absolutely delicious poetic justice.

by Anonymousreply 45May 8, 2018 2:52 AM

Interesting tweets from one of the accusers......

M Manning Barish ‏

@MichelleBarish Follow Follow @MichelleBarish More Uhhhh...there's a "witch hunt" to figure out who is to blame for the Clinton campaign being the worst run...

and then theres this one.....hmmmmmm....nothing suspicious at all.......

M Manning Barish ‏

@MichelleBarish Follow Follow @MichelleBarish More Why hasn't anyone seen that Trump Soho is owned by a Russian Oligarch family? It is. I know the family. Tamir...

by Anonymousreply 46May 8, 2018 2:59 AM

Miss Lindzey must not be into gentlemen callers anymore.

She wants those bad, crime-ridden daddies now.

by Anonymousreply 47May 8, 2018 3:05 AM

Can Preet run? Would this be the same position that Trump fired him from so very abruptly?

by Anonymousreply 48May 8, 2018 3:11 AM

He was a federal prosecutor r48....this is state AG......

by Anonymousreply 49May 8, 2018 3:13 AM

Piss off the Dump. Slot Hillary in the opening. She’d be fabo.

by Anonymousreply 50May 8, 2018 3:16 AM

Turns out one of the accusers is friends with the russian oligarch family that owns Trump SoHo.....its starting to stink in here

by Anonymousreply 51May 8, 2018 3:17 AM

This (making fun of a disabled reporter) still gets me every time! WTF is WRONG with rest of you Trump supporters?!! I wouldn't wish this upon any of your family members! WHY do you think this it's okay for our POTUS to make fun of disabled people? I hate all of you! You're disgusting!

by Anonymousreply 52May 8, 2018 3:52 AM

And yet R52, being called, "Deplorable," made them lose their shit.

by Anonymousreply 53May 8, 2018 4:07 AM

Only after they looked up what it meant, R53, because you know they had not one fucking clue. And, then the fucking morons started wearing it around like a badge of honor.

Why did Schneiderman resign so quickly but Trump just gets to stay and stay?

by Anonymousreply 54May 8, 2018 4:18 AM

Has Ronan Farrow done an in depth investigation of all the women who accused Trump? If not, why not?

by Anonymousreply 55May 8, 2018 5:25 AM

- LOL -

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 56May 8, 2018 5:43 AM

R54: Exactly. The one fucker who should go more than anyone continues to stay put with his daily fuckery.

by Anonymousreply 57May 8, 2018 5:44 AM

[It is amazing that we are approaching 15,000 posts on the Treasons threads. Has there ever been a longer chain of posts? Older timers?]

by Anonymousreply 58May 8, 2018 7:52 AM

Is there actual evidence beyond 'she said - he said'?

by Anonymousreply 59May 8, 2018 8:02 AM

oops wrong thread

by Anonymousreply 60May 8, 2018 8:03 AM

I don't know R58 but there's probably a 'Who is better: Madonna or Janet' thread in the archives that reached the hundreds of thousands. Of course it was probably mostly two posters going at it with the occasional 'Please stop! We're already dead!' thrown in.

But all lame joking aside these are great threads for keeping up with what's happening and making one feel scared,relieved, despondent, hopeful and amused all at the same time.

by Anonymousreply 61May 8, 2018 8:14 AM

When I consider Trump’s involvement with NYC construction, mafia-tied lawyers and other similarly shady characters, along with the sort of brazen indifference to humanity shown in countless ways, I will always be convinced that Trump, or at the very least his father, had someone offed. There’s no way a man like this, someone so obsessed with projecting absolute power over his enemies, armed with such wealth, indifference to the suffering of others, and contacts with equally vile people didn’t have at least one person taken care of.

by Anonymousreply 62May 8, 2018 8:20 AM

r58: This is Datalounge, so there's got to be a "Golden Girls" thread that has more parts than this.

by Anonymousreply 63May 8, 2018 8:48 AM

Trudy Giuliani is proving to be a disaster for Trump's legal team. Good. I hope this old bastard ends up in prison with rest of these traitors.

by Anonymousreply 64May 8, 2018 8:54 AM

Trudy Giuliani. I like it!

This looks like something from a horror movie:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 65May 8, 2018 9:02 AM

New York Attorney General Eric Schneiderman has resigned, following a report on allegations of assault by multiple women in The New Yorker.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 66May 8, 2018 9:04 AM

Kellyanne Conway, counselor to the president, and one of the president’s sons, Donald Trump Jr., both shared a tweet posted by Schneiderman in October of last year. “No one is above the law, and I’ll continue to remind President Trump and his administration of that fact everyday,” Schneiderman wrote in the tweet.

“Gotcha,” Kellyanne Conway wrote in response.

“You were saying?” Trump Jr. wrote in response.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 67May 8, 2018 9:07 AM

Well Schneiderman hasn't been charged with anything yet.

by Anonymousreply 68May 8, 2018 10:02 AM

R67 LOL. These dimwits must think they are so clever. That are just opening up themselves for ridicule when Trump finally get his comeuppance.

by Anonymousreply 69May 8, 2018 10:15 AM

Plus by the resigning Scneiderman is validating/honoering his statement, whereas Trump will continue trying to get away with murder.

by Anonymousreply 70May 8, 2018 10:43 AM

Schneiderman can always run for President. As a Republican.

by Anonymousreply 71May 8, 2018 10:46 AM

[quote]Has there ever been a longer chain of posts?

At least a dozen. Prancing ponies. Footballers in Love. Chalupas and Elizabeth Whatever. Mariska Hargitay. And others, including three or four soap opera ones, which prompted the to be banned for a while.

BUT these are still filling up at a rather fast pace, so I don’t doubt they’ll catch up with our record breakers.

by Anonymousreply 72May 8, 2018 10:48 AM

It wasn’t the proliferation of soap threads that caused them to be banned, it was the bigotry expressed by the posters in those threads that got them banned (temporarily).

by Anonymousreply 73May 8, 2018 11:17 AM

Oh thanks for clarifying, r73. All these years I thought it was their taking over DL, as some members claimed back then.

by Anonymousreply 74May 8, 2018 12:27 PM

Love the pic R56!

Looks like Divine read them for filth back in the day - which makes me admire and like her even more. She was awake to cons and grifters - and trash trying to pass itself off as quality.

Fuck she was great!

by Anonymousreply 75May 8, 2018 1:04 PM

R52 - I’m with you! She. The geeeto made fun of the disabled reporter I felt sure that was it. He’d blown it. I could t see how the American people would stand for that.

Like you - I really hate the deplorables.

I don’t u derstand how they could enable this vile creature. And keep on doing so. I truly think they’re mentally ill.

by Anonymousreply 76May 8, 2018 1:08 PM

We are all conditioned to be insecure and afraid of at least something. And a great deal of us feel mighty depressed about our insecurities and fears. Then along come the snake oil salesemen and offer us a great solution for that issue we have. With Deplorables it's blind hate towards others. People underestimate that hate and rage feels just a little bit better than depression. The snake oil salesmen keep people in that state of rage and hate, because in that state they are of the most use for the GOP and Trump. Without Trump? The Deplorables will go right back into depression. They can't see beyond rage (because, really, what kind of hope and happiness can a guy like Trump give to them? Victory? The Wall? Jobs?).

by Anonymousreply 77May 8, 2018 1:35 PM

[quote]All these years I thought it was their taking over DL, as some members claimed back then.

They did take over DL. The soap threads brought the fraus, who brought bigotry and homophobia.

Banning the threads didn’t help, as they just moved their evil to the other threads.

by Anonymousreply 78May 8, 2018 1:36 PM

IMO the fraus weren't as much of the problems as the "NSFW!!!" shriekers who had a fit over adult content they clicked on, because they couldn't keep their nosy noses out of threads with sexual nature while, supposedly, working.

by Anonymousreply 79May 8, 2018 1:40 PM

I'm confident that no matter who is chosen as NY AG will do the job.

by Anonymousreply 80May 8, 2018 1:46 PM

Scaramucci on MSNBC just asserted NOTHING will be found on Tramp and Russia.

Why on earth would he be invited back and given any shred of legitimacy?!?

by Anonymousreply 81May 8, 2018 1:58 PM

Seth Abramson picked a fine time to go on vacation. WTF is up. The whole Schneiderman thing stinks to high heaven. Can't shake my suspicion on the timing. The Pres. Has powerful people dedicated to keeping him in office. Netanyahu , Putin, Koch Bros. Russian Mafia in Brighton Beach, Russian Oligarchs , Deutsche Bank, etc. etc.

I think the Mueller investigation is effectively over. It's sad. Makes me sick and I no longer believe in America or our Constitution . Or I should say I believe in those things but not in the government or in any of the people who have taken oaths to preserve and protect this Union of the people, by the people for the people that shall not perish from this earth. God I hope I'm just a drama queen and I'm so wrong and I'm just exhausted with all the bad news. I'm just not sure and I never thought I would doubt. Not even during Watergate. Maybe I'm just old and tired and I need to let go and forget everything. I'm 65 I won't be here to see how future generations deal with the aftermath of Trump. Maybe it will be better than my gut tells me.

by Anonymousreply 82May 8, 2018 2:49 PM

[quote]Former New York Mayor Rudy Giuliani, who is now on President Trump's legal team, told CBS News correspondent Paula Reid Monday that special counsel Robert Mueller's office has rejected proposals to allow Mr. Trump to answer questions from investigators in writing.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 83May 8, 2018 2:50 PM

Collusion with foreign governments continues unabated.

[quote]The Qatari government has sought to acquire a major stake in Newsmax, the conservative media company run by Trump friend Chris Ruddy, two people with knowledge of the talks tell Politico.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 84May 8, 2018 2:51 PM

With regard to the discussion on Ronan...

I went to school with him. From what I can tell you the only allegiances he has is to his mother and fame.

by Anonymousreply 85May 8, 2018 2:59 PM

It's funny to me that people take the time to come in and complain about the thread title and their history shows that their only contributions to these threads are complaints about the thread title.

by Anonymousreply 86May 8, 2018 3:00 PM

Ronan needs to scurry around in Miss Lindsee's closet and find what's going on there. Start with the $800,000 + contribution from a Russian oligarch to her political pac would be a good start.

Why the media has virtually ignored all this oligarch money filtering into the campaigns of a number of Republican Senators and House members, is shameful. Paul Ryan apparently distributed some of the allotments. Did he ever explain?

by Anonymousreply 87May 8, 2018 3:17 PM

Kirsten Gillibrand helps take down another democrat.

When it comes to exposing and canning any Republicans, she just can't find her way.

by Anonymousreply 88May 8, 2018 3:27 PM

[quote]Has there ever been a longer chain of posts?

Let's just say with resonant understatement that the times demand this, and given that it's Watergate x 50, the chain will be longer than a Mexican wall.

[quote]These dimwits must think they are so clever. That are just opening up themselves for ridicule when Trump finally get his comeuppance.

They're already opened up wider than the Grand Canyon. The ultimate ridicule when it comes will rewrite the history of ridicule. It'll be a Hiroshima of ridicule.

by Anonymousreply 89May 8, 2018 3:30 PM

"I think the Mueller investigation is effectively over."

Why? Because Trump isn't being carted off in handcoffs? Because Giuliani said it was on TV this past Sunday? Please. Even Stephanopoulos stated that several prosecutors he's spoken too said it was far from over.

by Anonymousreply 90May 8, 2018 3:31 PM

I believe he said something about it being a family thing, r87.....

by Anonymousreply 91May 8, 2018 3:38 PM

Ryan said to keep that kind of talk (about Russia and some of them being Russian assets by accepting money from Russians) within the family.

by Anonymousreply 92May 8, 2018 3:48 PM

Paul Ryan laughing about Dump being a Russian Asset and commenting that they keep it in the family.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 93May 8, 2018 3:54 PM

R82, I understand your post. It is discouraging that each day Trump remains in office, our enviromental regulations fall, our State Dept is neutered, racism is condoned. And on and on.

But hang in there. His day is coming and I’m still confident that Mueller will drop the dime at the proper time. Keep the faith.

by Anonymousreply 94May 8, 2018 4:06 PM

Abortion.

by Anonymousreply 95May 8, 2018 4:22 PM

OP - frequent contributor here, (and not just the thread titles).

Help me out. I'm sure it's obvious to most, but I don't get the significance of the title. Is it a song reference?

I absolutely loved your choice of visual aid, though. Quite fitting!! I'd gotten so sick of seeing that clip, but you gave it new life.

by Anonymousreply 96May 8, 2018 4:43 PM

Not OP, but R96... the answer is below.

And I think OP is a genius because there's always some sort of subtle thing going on along with the obvious thing in the title.

I picked up on the "Trolls" association.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 97May 8, 2018 4:46 PM

R97, thank you. I actually had to look it up after seeing your post. The biggest hit of 2016, plus an Oscar nom for Best Song. Just reminds me how out of touch I've been with current culture.

You know how sometimes someone will mention some huge hit you've never heard of it, then they play it for you and you're like, "Oh, of course I've heard that!"..... I swear, until today, I've never heard that song in my life! haha

by Anonymousreply 98May 8, 2018 4:58 PM

r35, r39: It's not the "NY Congress," idiot. It's called a state legislature. There's only one congress, and it's located in D.C. Your ignorance was making my eyes hurt.

by Anonymousreply 99May 8, 2018 5:25 PM

OP, in more civilized times, that "spasm" business alone would have disqualified him.

by Anonymousreply 100May 8, 2018 5:29 PM

This country should not allow foreigners to own real estate or media businesses in the US. Many other countries don’t allow non-citizens to own property. They can lease long- term but the government can take it away at any time.

by Anonymousreply 101May 8, 2018 5:30 PM

Far far too late for that, R101. That was part of the deal in 1787 - the Brits retained a lot of private property and still do.

by Anonymousreply 102May 8, 2018 5:44 PM

R100... it was only in 2004 that this got me disqualified!!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 103May 8, 2018 5:48 PM

He was trying to be more ebullient and it backfired. I love this guy and so do a lot of other Vermonters, and yeah, we felt really insulted by the reactions.

by Anonymousreply 104May 8, 2018 5:56 PM

Alex Wagner @alexwagner

Via @NYmag, a persuasive argument that it was President Trump — not RNC finance bigwig Elliot Briody—who paid $1.6M in hush money to silence a Playboy Playmate pregnant with his child:

Rick Wilson @TheRickWilson

If y'all think that's the first time I have some overpriced Manhattan condos to sell you.

by Anonymousreply 105May 8, 2018 7:16 PM

It's plausible as hell because he doesn't use protection.

by Anonymousreply 106May 8, 2018 7:21 PM

You just knew there was a reason Stormy and her lawyer made such a big point of letting us know they had protected sex.

by Anonymousreply 107May 8, 2018 7:43 PM

UNprotected sex, I mean.

by Anonymousreply 108May 8, 2018 7:43 PM

The Broidy thing was really a Trump thing, that were whispers in gossip circles in Manhattan, L.A., and D.C. well before the Stormy story got renewed per the payoff challenge.

by Anonymousreply 109May 8, 2018 7:52 PM

R56, thank you for posting that photo, it's beyond fabulous! I didn't realize Ivana was so damned homely when she was young, Jesus! Divine looks like the belle of the ball compared to her.

by Anonymousreply 110May 8, 2018 8:10 PM

As an Italian-American myself Giuliani is on of the crazies. What is it about older Italian-Americans they either go off on the crazy train or they're quiet and reserved.

by Anonymousreply 111May 8, 2018 8:11 PM

Another big thumbs up to R56 for that photo. Divine is all of us.

by Anonymousreply 112May 8, 2018 8:15 PM

Meanwhile, Underwood looks like someone the Drumpf crime family should be worried about. They may have been able to 'get' to Schneiderman, but she does not look the type for rough trade or abuse. Any NY law types with some info on her?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 113May 8, 2018 8:23 PM

R113, she looks grandmotherly but is in fact ruthless. Has argued many Supreme Court cases.

by Anonymousreply 114May 8, 2018 8:26 PM

R75, Devine was a homosexual male, not a deluded tranny.

by Anonymousreply 115May 8, 2018 8:38 PM

Frankly, I'd rather have her working with Mueller. She really reads ruthless, like R114 states. This may be a silver lining in today's dearth of bad news. Let us hope.

by Anonymousreply 116May 8, 2018 8:41 PM

*dearth of good news* - crikey, I'm shaken today

by Anonymousreply 117May 8, 2018 8:42 PM

R88, violence against women should not be tolerated just because the perp is a Democrat.

by Anonymousreply 118May 8, 2018 8:43 PM

Divine with an i was a character, r115.

by Anonymousreply 119May 8, 2018 8:43 PM

r62 I will never forget when the man who projects all his crimes onto others said this:

“And you’ve seen the stories about some of these animals. They don’t want to use guns because it’s too fast and it’s not painful enough. So they’ll take a young, beautiful girl, 16, 15, and others, and they slice them and dice them with a knife because they want them to go through excruciating pain before they die.”

by Anonymousreply 120May 8, 2018 8:47 PM

[quote]Meanwhile, Underwood looks like someone the Drumpf crime family should be worried about.

Hold on a sec; they’re putting a dame in there? How can she do that job when she’ll be PMS-ing and bleeding out her whatever? Women. Am I right, fellas?

by Anonymousreply 121May 8, 2018 9:05 PM

Cocaine Mitch & Fentanyl Paul

Come on, Don Blankenship is better at nicknames than DJT. And this is Republican on Republicans.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 122May 8, 2018 9:06 PM

So much the better. I hope she gets the blood lust for these asses. Besides, Rudy, she's past the age of PMS. This is a mean, menopausing mama.

by Anonymousreply 123May 8, 2018 9:06 PM

If McConnell is doing coke, might I politely suggest he double his usual intake?

by Anonymousreply 124May 8, 2018 9:32 PM

MSNBC is reporting that Cohen got paid a half million dollars from a sanctioned Russian oligarch in the months after the election. This info comes from Stormy's lawyer of all people.

by Anonymousreply 125May 8, 2018 10:02 PM

Holy Smokes. Put on Ari Melbar. Russian oligarch deposited $500,000 into Cohen account while Trump was President.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 126May 8, 2018 10:03 PM

Here ya go.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 127May 8, 2018 10:04 PM

Account in California! Mueller has been asking about it with oligarch cousin according to CNN.

I read that tweet from Michael Avenatti about ten minutes ago and kept clicking around trying to tell if it was real. He has posted a document.

News trying to verify. But they are reporting it.....

by Anonymousreply 128May 8, 2018 10:08 PM

Now we know what they were trying to divert us from knowing....

by Anonymousreply 129May 8, 2018 10:12 PM

What is the difference between a Chick Pea and a Potato?

Trump would never pay to have a potato on him.

by Anonymousreply 130May 8, 2018 10:14 PM

^A good one r130

by Anonymousreply 131May 8, 2018 10:17 PM

Hilarious r130.

by Anonymousreply 132May 8, 2018 11:06 PM

They peed on the bed, not on Trump.

by Anonymousreply 133May 8, 2018 11:07 PM

Bullshit, R133. We all know that germaphobe crap is a lie, like everything else pouring out of his damn mouth. You don't fuck porn stars without a condom and then claim to be squeamish about pee pee.

by Anonymousreply 134May 8, 2018 11:09 PM

AT&T and Novartis also paid Cohen for "insights into understanding the new administration". How they knew Cohen had just set up that LLC for "consulting" is anyone's guess. Oh, and after Novartis paid for that consulting they got to meet with Trump at Davos.

AT&T paid Cohen for consulting while the DOJ was suing to stop their merger with Time Warner. Their contract with Cohen ended the month the FCC repealed net neutrality.

I believe Republicans call this kind of situation pay-for-play, and we know they hate it. They accused Hillary of it and had impeachment proceedings about this ready to go the moment she took office.

I assume reporters will be asking all Republicans in Congress tonight if we can expect proceedings to start tomorrow against Trump.

by Anonymousreply 135May 8, 2018 11:43 PM

Senate Intelligence Committee just released their first report on Russian activity.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 136May 8, 2018 11:47 PM

That first paragraph includes "....successfully penetrated a voter registration database"

We now have our ammunition for this next election cycle. Our Congress has willfully ignored the truth of interference in our election. They all need to be gone.

by Anonymousreply 137May 8, 2018 11:50 PM

R137 - Oh, Wow!!

by Anonymousreply 138May 8, 2018 11:51 PM

Thanks R136: At least someone is doing their fucking job on The Hill! I am sure Rachel will break it all down for me @ 9pm :)

by Anonymousreply 139May 8, 2018 11:54 PM

I firmly believe Repukes in Congress are counting on Russia's help again in mid-terms.

by Anonymousreply 140May 8, 2018 11:57 PM

I want to hear more about that playmate - pregnant - hush money story, R105.

by Anonymousreply 141May 9, 2018 12:10 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 142May 9, 2018 12:13 AM

me, too, r140. That would explain why dump is so unconcerned about getting his ass handed to him.

They fully expect Russian help in the midterms. Damn those fuckers!

by Anonymousreply 143May 9, 2018 12:40 AM

Ari just did a rap quote on Chris Hayes.

by Anonymousreply 144May 9, 2018 12:47 AM

What if the midterms turn out to not be a blue wave and repugs occupy even more seats in the house and the senate?

WHAT IF???

by Anonymousreply 145May 9, 2018 12:47 AM

Go away, R145, you're not wanted here with pointless speculation centered on panic. Nothing wrong with reasonable extrapolation, but you're just ridiculous.

by Anonymousreply 146May 9, 2018 12:57 AM

Russian hackers posed as ISIS militants to threaten U.S. military wives. Closing paragraphs:

[quote]By that measure, CyberCaliphate’s targeting of media outlets like TV5 Monde and the military spouses succeeded handily.

[quote]Ricketts, the author, said that by planting threats with some of the most vocal members of the military community, CyberCaliphate guaranteed maximum press coverage.

[quote]“Not only did we play right into their hands by freaking out, but the media played right into it,” she said. “We reacted in a way that was probably exactly what they were hoping for.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 147May 9, 2018 1:05 AM

R146, please kindly fuck off Dimitri, it happened in Nov 2016 and because the Tяump mobster clan and his яepublican henchmen haven't done anything tho prevent it, very likely it will indeed happen again in November this year.

by Anonymousreply 148May 9, 2018 1:05 AM

As a commenter on another site noted:

[quote]Except this wasn't done to throw investigators off track. It was done to inflame U.S. fear and hostility against Arab nations -- nations that Putin wishes to draw into his Islamo-Russian Empire. It was done to push Americans inward and rightward...toward fascism and closed borders.

by Anonymousreply 149May 9, 2018 1:05 AM

Yeah right R149, Charlie Hebdo, Nice, 9/11, Pulse, Bataclan, Madrid, Brussels, Wuerzburg, Berlin, London, Manchester, Barcelona, New York

all didn't happen, it was just Russian trolls.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 150May 9, 2018 1:15 AM

See, here's the thing, R150: you really look like a fool when you don't bother to read the article. In this case, I was referring to the one I linked to at R147. Once you've read that, feel free to come back and join the conversation. Maybe then you won't look so stupid.

by Anonymousreply 151May 9, 2018 1:17 AM

The only one looking dangerously stupid is you R151.

by Anonymousreply 152May 9, 2018 1:19 AM

So you haven't read the article and you have no idea what you're talking about, R152. Got it. Thank you for confirming you're a moron.

by Anonymousreply 153May 9, 2018 1:30 AM

Is it true the Divine pic with the Trumps is a fake?

by Anonymousreply 154May 9, 2018 1:47 AM

At least R154 focuses on the real issues!

by Anonymousreply 155May 9, 2018 1:52 AM

So am I right to speculate that Mueller won't unseal indictments or release his findings of any significance until after the mid-terms when Mueller is hoping to see the Dems controlling both houses. I mean if he were to release his findings and unseal his indictments before then wouldn't they just go to Congress and be met with "it's a nothing burger"?

by Anonymousreply 156May 9, 2018 2:24 AM

Miss Lindzey's Pussy

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 157May 9, 2018 2:27 AM

R156, you're free to speculate as you see fit but there is no data at all about what Mueller will reveal nor when he will reveal it. And certainly no data at all about what Mueller is "hoping" will happen in the elections later this year. From what we know of his past history, most people seem to believe that he's ignoring the fuss and ignoring the politics and simply revealing what he has as it makes sense to do so.

by Anonymousreply 158May 9, 2018 2:53 AM

As usual, how far are the Republicans willing to go to maintain control? Apparently into illegal activity and nuclear war (just to test it, like only inserting the tip).

I think Mueller already has evidence of Russian collusion, Russian bribes and Russian kompromat on Trump.

The stock market is only being propped up by stock buybacks. Even Buffet is buying Apple because they are giving back to investors - not their workers

Do we really need more on Trump? No!

by Anonymousreply 159May 9, 2018 2:59 AM

And poof r.150 gone.

by Anonymousreply 160May 9, 2018 9:09 AM

Has Rudy been on Fox & Friends to discuss the slush fund yet? Cuz that would be good television.

by Anonymousreply 161May 9, 2018 12:07 PM

I don't think I've heard anything from The Deplorable House since the news broke. I'm sure Orange Twitler will vomit up some nonsense before long.

by Anonymousreply 162May 9, 2018 12:46 PM

Ari Melber said this morning on The Today Show that if you were writing the screenplay for a movie about all of this and you included the payments from a Russian oligarch as the last scene it would be unbelievable because it was too obvious a plot twist.

I loved the fact that Rudy scoffed at the idea and denigrated Avanatti because of it -- "how would he know that?" And then the existence of the payment was confirmed by the mainstream media.

by Anonymousreply 163May 9, 2018 1:09 PM

Speaking of midterms, my guess is that Joe Manchin is toast for re-election. Too bad the deplorables in WV didn't go for Blankenship, as the campaign would have been much more entertaining and Manchin would be a shoo-in. But WV is one state where I think Trump is a campaign asset.

by Anonymousreply 164May 9, 2018 2:11 PM

You are an idiot, r164.

by Anonymousreply 165May 9, 2018 2:19 PM

Trump and Frankenstein have been getting away with so much crap through the years...they both assumed the government would continue to look the other way. Putin pushed him to run for President and it finally brought the criminal down. Wish it could catch Putin also.

by Anonymousreply 166May 9, 2018 2:24 PM

Seems like Schneiderman got his goose cooked and of course he is guilty but good grief! Why couldn't these women take him down privately?

by Anonymousreply 167May 9, 2018 2:27 PM

Elsewhere on the internet, someone commented: At least this administration will put an end to the debate of whether or not a sitting president can be indicted.

by Anonymousreply 168May 9, 2018 2:27 PM

Look at the numbers, R164. Yesterday, Manchin received -- over 100,000 in a "lightly" contested primary. The top three Rethugs combined didn't reach that number. You have to add in the "other" voters to exceed his total. And when you add in votes from Machin's challenger on the Democratic side the Dems clearly had more voters come out for them.

It'll probably be a tough slog in November for Dems, but I think that Manchin has a very decent chance of retaining his seat.

by Anonymousreply 169May 9, 2018 2:27 PM

The president is not above the law...so it will be a very big constitutional crises. You can not reason with Trump and he would rather let them indict every one of his children, rather than submit.

by Anonymousreply 170May 9, 2018 2:38 PM

Well, if that's the case R165 and R169, why do we keep hearing that Manchin is among the most vulnerable Dems in the upcoming election? Manchin only had one challenger and it surprised no one that he won the primary. There were six GOP candidates splitting the votes, though the bottom three wound up with very little. The good news is that more Dems voted in the primary than Republicans by about 10K votes. But that doesn't necessarily predict what will happen in the general election, as we've seen before.

by Anonymousreply 171May 9, 2018 2:38 PM

I think it is pretty obvious that the polls are being tampered with. Which poll was it that gave Trump 56% of the vote?

by Anonymousreply 172May 9, 2018 2:42 PM

We keep hearing that Manchin is among the most vulnerable Democrats this year because he is among the most vulnerable Democrats this year. That is not even remotely the same thing as your assertion that he's "toast."

by Anonymousreply 173May 9, 2018 2:52 PM

Is that clip in the OP the gif of Trump mocking the disabled person?

by Anonymousreply 174May 9, 2018 2:54 PM

[quote] And sitting Presidents don't get arrested [R72].

After what is known about Trump by now it would really be justified. That man is a common criminal heading a criminal enterprise. Trump should not deserve any kind of privilege that comes with the presidency with so much evidence against him.

He doesn't care to uphold the Constitution, why should the Constitution protect him?

Drag him out of the White House in handcuffs in order to restore the nation's, and the world's, faith in the United States of America.

by Anonymousreply 175May 9, 2018 2:58 PM

He committed TREASON.....not only should he be cuffed and marched out of the white house, but he should face a firing squad on the front lawn.

by Anonymousreply 176May 9, 2018 3:19 PM

If Manchin wins, it’s cuz the China people all voted for him.

by Anonymousreply 177May 9, 2018 3:30 PM

Manchin is in the coal industry himself. He knows the state and has a lot of well-established connections. While Trump carried the state, percentage-wise, more than all the other states, the coattail effect is less strong in a midterm election, particularly if there in anti-Trump tide happening nation-wide. Politics being local is still a factor. Manchin's seat is shaky, but he's a very seasoned politician, and may indeed hold it in a close one. Mr. Koch and friends will be pouring money to his opponent.

by Anonymousreply 178May 9, 2018 3:41 PM

R167 Why didn't they take him down sooner is a better question. It's not like he paid them hush money or anything. ;P

by Anonymousreply 179May 9, 2018 3:43 PM

R169 is correct.

I looked at the number of voters in Ohio who turned out. There were 16% more votes for Dems than thugs in the Governor's race.

Granted, Ohio is an open primary state but the deplorables were pushing that dumb bitch Taylor who lost.

If those numbers hold for November (and I think they will probably go up), we got this.

BUT we still need to work! Remind people to vote! Help with a campaign. Donate, volunteer, talk to your neighbors, get on social media, register people to vote.

We can do it!

by Anonymousreply 180May 9, 2018 5:39 PM

You KNOW gay Kyle Griffin LOVES posting hot photos of Michael Avenatti!

[Quote] Michael Avenatti on @MSNBC: "Michael Cohen appears to be selling access to the President of the United States."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 181May 9, 2018 5:52 PM

This one hot fucker is destroying Trump! Keep it up!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 182May 9, 2018 5:53 PM

You know Avenatti, throws a mean, hot fuck. I bet Melania fantasizes about it.

by Anonymousreply 183May 9, 2018 6:30 PM

Judd Legum:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 184May 9, 2018 7:03 PM

R184 Cohen funnels money for Trump and probably takes a cut in the process. The "lawyer" title is a joke.

by Anonymousreply 185May 9, 2018 7:25 PM

Maybe, but I’m the only one who got two cuts!

by Anonymousreply 186May 9, 2018 7:39 PM

The Trump clan was trying to make money off his elections starting before his election. Failure to divest and put assets in trusts, is the milder part. Accepting bribes in exchange for government favors, lining their own pockets, not reporting it, not paying taxes on it, and knowing it is illegal, are all crimes. Most of his cabinet are scoundrels and/or incompetent for their posts. He surrounds himself with sycophants who have shady pasts or seeking to get rich with a government job. Congress does nothing about it; being full of crooks themselves.

by Anonymousreply 187May 9, 2018 7:42 PM

Yeah, I agree with posters that Manchin isn't the most vulnerable, and if I were betting, I'd bet he is reelected. IMO, the most vulnerable are Joe Donelly in Indiana and Claire McCaskill in Missouri.

by Anonymousreply 188May 9, 2018 7:52 PM

[quote] Seems like Schneiderman got his goose cooked and of course he is guilty but good grief! Why couldn't these women take him down privately?

I wish people would give it a rest. We don't need scum bags on our side. Schneiderman and Franken weren't special. There are others out there, who are squeaky clean who can do what they did. Almost no one is irreplaceable.

by Anonymousreply 189May 9, 2018 7:54 PM

So, It's pretty much a given by now that both Ivanka and Jared were only in the White House to look for stuff (that requires some level of security clearance past or present) they could exploit for the Trump empire? And they thought they all would get away with it?

by Anonymousreply 190May 9, 2018 8:02 PM

Eric Schneiderman Has Always Been A Con Man: The man liberals loved was a myth.

Though his record against the rich and powerful is profoundly unimpressive, Schneiderman consistently scored incredible press from mainstream and liberal outlets ― nearly all of it based on bank fraud investigations that not only weren’t turning out convictions but weren’t even trying to generate prosecutions.

Schneiderman built this reputation by holding press conferences and inking splashy settlements with banks that added up to much less than their headlines suggested. All politicians stretch the truth. Every ambitious officeholder is guilty of chasing microphones. But it was a special brand of fraud to build his career by convincing the world that he was a champion of the very cause he was working to undermine.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 191May 9, 2018 8:09 PM

Posted in Avantti thread. But relevant here:

If Cohen was soliciting undisclosed dollars for access to Trump administration, and using part of the proceeds to pay Trump’s “expenses” (whether for silencing hookers, or otherwise), then he and Trump were engaged in bribery, pure and simple.

by Anonymousreply 192May 9, 2018 8:24 PM

R187 Your reply and others support a theory I posted over a year ago that others have mentioned as well: The Producers analogy.

Trump, his family, Cohen, Michael Flynn, Paul Manafort, and so many others did what they did because nobody expected that Trump was actually gonna win. Therefore, they'd be able to keep all the money from the investors and no investigations would ever be conducted. It's also why they were all so sloppy. Most of them, (especially Manafort), have been getting away with grift/con jobs like this for many years with no repercussions. Trump actually winning could be the worse thing that ever happened to them. They just must have hope that with him now being in power, he could quash any investigations before they started. Obviously, they miscalculated.

by Anonymousreply 193May 9, 2018 8:28 PM

Wasn't Drumpf repeatedly going on repeatedly accusing and trying to pin HRC for being, "pay for play..."

Let's take a moment and try to count all the things about himself that he's projected on to others.

by Anonymousreply 194May 9, 2018 9:54 PM

well Kristen G. at r189, YOU are certainly not irreplaceable.

by Anonymousreply 195May 9, 2018 10:36 PM

R194 Trump could teach a course in Projection 101. EVERY SINGLE THING he accused Hillary Clinton of being guilty of, he is guilty of himself. And that now also goes for everything he's accusing James Comey of.

If Trump suddenly accuses someone else of a crime and it's the first we hear of it, within two weeks some reporter will uncover evidence of Trump having done exactly that.

by Anonymousreply 196May 9, 2018 11:14 PM

Think of all of his nicknames: Crooked, Lying, Little, etc. Who do they really describe?

by Anonymousreply 197May 9, 2018 11:29 PM

Columbus Nova? Sounds like an Ohio State observatory.

by Anonymousreply 198May 10, 2018 12:35 AM

This Russian involvement is in everything related to DJT. It is deeper and more shocking than initially suggested.

by Anonymousreply 199May 10, 2018 12:40 AM

Why are these companies giving free money to the lawyer?

Isn’t the public just a tad curious about that?

by Anonymousreply 200May 10, 2018 12:46 AM

r200...for the same reason various countries and organizations spend money at Trump hotels and properties......because Trump does nothing for you unless you line his pockets.

by Anonymousreply 201May 10, 2018 12:52 AM

Someone on MSNBC was saying earlier, "Every time you shake a tree in the Trump forest, a Russian falls out." Ha!

by Anonymousreply 202May 10, 2018 12:55 AM

Supposedly Trump doesn’t use drugs or alcohol. I think he looks high as hell in this photo.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 203May 10, 2018 1:23 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 204May 10, 2018 1:27 AM

I've always assumed that (at bare minimum) Trump does coke/pills, maybe the occasional glass of champagne. There is no way someone like him is a teetotaler. As mentioned many times earlier in the thread, it is important to remember that he means the opposite of whatever he says.

by Anonymousreply 205May 10, 2018 1:37 AM

He’s clearly on something. Adderall, maybe. He’s one of those people who doesn’t consider himself a drug addict cuz his drugs come in little CVS bottles.

by Anonymousreply 206May 10, 2018 1:40 AM

[quote]Isn’t the public just a tad curious about that?

Roughly a third already know what's going on here, aren't even remotely surprised, and are working like hell to get Trump taken down. Another third consider this "fake news" and wouldn't believe if it were inscribed in a stone tablet by lightning bolts. And another third just shrug this off as "both sides do it" and it's just "politics as usual," so what's on TV tonight?

by Anonymousreply 207May 10, 2018 2:01 AM

Maybe Dr Ronny has Trump on his special treatment. Ambien at night with a narcolepsy wake up pill. Supposedly, he wakes up at 5:30 a.m.

by Anonymousreply 208May 10, 2018 2:02 AM

Rachel is now running 5 minutes into Lawrence’s show.....

by Anonymousreply 209May 10, 2018 2:05 AM

He'll be tweeting around 6am so his comments make the early morning news shows.

by Anonymousreply 210May 10, 2018 2:07 AM

Fricking AT&T. They charge ridiculous rates and level hidden costs on the consumers; but they have plenty of money to pay Cohen to funnel cash to influence Trump. A giant corporation like that resorting to sleezy tactics like that is disgusting.

by Anonymousreply 211May 10, 2018 2:14 AM

[quote]Supposedly, he wakes up at 5:30 a.m.

Elderly people tend to do so.

by Anonymousreply 212May 10, 2018 2:20 AM

Trump is obsessive about never using alcohol (a sure sign of evil this alkie says, but anyway), but I think he has every crazy ass prescription drug that crazy ass doctor could proscribe. he's fucked up 90 percent of the time, I'm sure.

by Anonymousreply 213May 10, 2018 2:33 AM

They’ll probably get Trump for collusion after all. It seems to be the one thing he’s obsessed with. He’s the Large Hadron Colluder of collusion.

by Anonymousreply 214May 10, 2018 2:36 AM

What is Rachel covering tonight?

by Anonymousreply 215May 10, 2018 2:37 AM

Thanks OP for the song in the thread's title, because now I have that fucking song going in my head over and over again!!!!

Justin Timberlake must die.

by Anonymousreply 216May 10, 2018 2:40 AM

Well if they were extorting or receiving bribes in their pay for play scheme, you can bet there was a lot more money passing through than what we already know about. Trump is not going to settle for nickles and dimes. Go big, or go home.

by Anonymousreply 217May 10, 2018 2:47 AM

R215 Michael Avenatti was her guest. Finally. He's actually has a better rapport with Anderson Cooper. I was a little disappointed.

by Anonymousreply 218May 10, 2018 2:47 AM

So Cohen and Trump have been playing the old fashioned protection game. Corporations give them money and Trump might do them a favor. Every member of the family is familiar with the game.

by Anonymousreply 219May 10, 2018 2:50 AM

this is amazing. and the corporations rushing to say, oh, no, we hired Cohen for his expertise are ridiculous. but the funniest thing about all this, is how much this is business as usual. and they might just Drain The Swamp because they are so obviously the Swamp, and through their constant stupidity and incompetence they are exposing how the game is played.

by Anonymousreply 220May 10, 2018 2:56 AM

Swindler in Chief!

by Anonymousreply 221May 10, 2018 3:20 AM

Rudy already denying that Cheeto knew anything about the Cohen payments.

by Anonymousreply 222May 10, 2018 3:23 AM

Yes, Trump was very wise to have hired Rudy. He’s clearly the man to sort this all out!

by Anonymousreply 223May 10, 2018 3:25 AM

the trump misadministration may give us the most complete view into the total corruption that is Washington D.C. that we have ever seen.

by Anonymousreply 224May 10, 2018 3:29 AM

[quote]Another longtime Trump personal lawyer, Marc Kasowitz, also represented Columbus Nova in recent years in a commercial case. A spokesman for Kasowitz said the case settled in early 2017. As ProPublica reported last year, Cohen spent a short period in February 2017 working at the offices of Kasowitz Benson Torres in midtown Manhattan, alarming several lawyers at the firm who worried about the brash attorney’s reputation. That was at the beginning of the period, between January and August 2017, when Columbus Nova made its payments to Cohen. Cohen told ProPublica last year that he used Kasowitz’s offices “because we were working on several matters together after the inauguration.” Both he and Kasowitz have declined to specify what they collaborated on.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 225May 10, 2018 3:47 AM

[quote] the corporations rushing to say, oh, no, we hired Cohen for his expertise

Ha! This schlep from Cooley Law School? Who is an expert in nothing. He can't even do a competent job at a shake-down. I'm certain that Novartis was very interested in Cohen's health-care policy "expertise."

by Anonymousreply 226May 10, 2018 4:16 AM

I think these two would definitely give birth to a demon baby. Ugh!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 227May 10, 2018 5:46 AM

R227 Isn't she Gavin Newsom's ex turned right wing harpy?

by Anonymousreply 228May 10, 2018 5:54 AM

YUP she sure is.

by Anonymousreply 229May 10, 2018 5:57 AM

She's dating Jr. for his great personality and handsome looks, for sure.

by Anonymousreply 230May 10, 2018 7:44 AM

Perhaps Guilfoyle wants to be the future Queen Kimberly in the Trump monarchy.

by Anonymousreply 231May 10, 2018 9:07 AM

So, near everyone at Murdoch's Fox gets a job with Trump, become his advisors, or channel love interests for the clan?

by Anonymousreply 232May 10, 2018 9:23 AM

The swamp got drained alright - in order to make room for brand new sewer mud of their own. Three times as much.

by Anonymousreply 233May 10, 2018 10:43 AM

Wouldn't it be something to also watch stalwart (and arrogant and greedy and messy) Corprate America names & crooks get caught up as well in working against America?

Dogs/fleas, or birds of a feather, or whatever your favorite analogy is.....

by Anonymousreply 234May 10, 2018 11:01 AM

[quote]the trump misadministration may give us the most complete view into the total corruption that is Washington D.C. that we have ever seen.

Washington, D.C.? Only if you mean the Republican party. And this is on a, shall we say, slightly larger scale than politics.

by Anonymousreply 235May 10, 2018 11:37 AM

[quote]So Cohen and Trump have been playing the old fashioned protection game. Corporations give them money and Trump might do them a favor. Every member of the family is familiar with the game.

The really depressing thing to me was watching analyst after analyst say, "This isn't illegal in and of itself." Washington is a cesspool.

by Anonymousreply 236May 10, 2018 11:51 AM

Pence interviewed by DL fave Andrea Mitchell, said it's time for Mueller to wrap the investigation "in the interest of the country".

Just as people forgot about his existence, he steps right into the deep shit. And we know he's in some shit on the Russia thing.

by Anonymousreply 237May 10, 2018 12:26 PM

I sure hope that fuckin' bitch Pence is up to his neck in this Russia stuff because I don't want him as president if/when Drumpf finally goes.

by Anonymousreply 238May 10, 2018 12:33 PM

Columbus Nova, the Russia-linked company that hired Michael Cohen, registered alt-right websites during the 2016 election.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 239May 10, 2018 12:34 PM

r239, the plot thickens...

by Anonymousreply 240May 10, 2018 12:43 PM

[quote]Pence interviewed by DL fave Andrea Mitchell, said it's time for Mueller to wrap the investigation "in the interest of the country".

George Will, in yesterday's WaPo:

Trump is no longer the worst person in government

Donald Trump, with his feral cunning, knew. The oleaginous Mike Pence, with his talent for toadyism and appetite for obsequiousness, could, Trump knew, become America’s most repulsive public figure. And Pence, who has reached this pinnacle by dethroning his benefactor, is augmenting the public stock of useful knowledge. Because his is the authentic voice of today’s lickspittle Republican Party, he clarifies this year’s elections: Vote Republican to ratify groveling as governing.

Trump is what he is, a floundering, inarticulate jumble of gnawing insecurities and not-at-all compensating vanities, which is pathetic. Pence is what he has chosen to be, which is horrifying.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 241May 10, 2018 1:18 PM

Donald's new tweet, continuing to treat the quest for nuclear peace as a game show:

The highly anticipated meeting between Kim Jong Un and myself will take place in Singapore on June 12th. We will both try to make it a very special moment for World Peace!

by Anonymousreply 242May 10, 2018 2:44 PM

Can the OP Gif be used on all future Mueller Investigation threads?

It makes me smile so.

by Anonymousreply 243May 10, 2018 2:49 PM

Singapore ... isn't that where Kim Jong Un had his half-brother murdered in the airport, or am I remembering wrong?

by Anonymousreply 244May 10, 2018 2:54 PM

R244 It was Kuala Lumpur in neighboring Malaysia.

by Anonymousreply 245May 10, 2018 3:44 PM

R237 Pence must be getting antsy. Mueller will get him, too through Manafort.

by Anonymousreply 246May 10, 2018 3:49 PM

Thank you, R245—close enough!

by Anonymousreply 247May 10, 2018 3:57 PM

Argh...! Urgh...! Agreeing with George Will hurts so bad...! But... I can’t help it...!

by Anonymousreply 248May 10, 2018 4:02 PM

A Man for all Treasons.

by Anonymousreply 249May 10, 2018 6:26 PM

[quote]Agreeing with George Will hurts so bad...! But... I can’t help it...!

Those were some qualifiers he strung together!

by Anonymousreply 250May 10, 2018 6:32 PM

I hope Mueller has Pence shitting his pants so bad that not even Mother can clean him up fast enough.

by Anonymousreply 251May 10, 2018 6:40 PM

And SURPRISE !......Kasowitz law firm (one of Trumps lawyers) represents the Russians who gave Cohen $500,000.00.......

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 252May 10, 2018 6:55 PM

This is all so crazy...I cannot believe each new development seems to top the last.

by Anonymousreply 253May 10, 2018 7:01 PM

These people are such fucking idiots!

by Anonymousreply 254May 10, 2018 7:04 PM

Kyle Griffin @kylegriffin1:

Giuliani is leaving his law firm due to the “pressing demands of the Mueller investigation.” Remember when Giuliani joined last month, he said he didn’t think it would take “more than a week or two to get a resolution” from Mueller.

by Anonymousreply 255May 10, 2018 7:07 PM

Giuliani suggested payments like the one Cohen made to Stormy Daniels were common at his firm.

NYT asked Greenberg Traurig several times to explain those remarks over the past week.

On Tuesday, a firm spokeswoman asked for more time to provide answers.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 256May 10, 2018 7:07 PM

The "cleaners" have arrived

Columbus Nova, the Russia-linked U.S. investment firm that hired Michael Cohen, has scrubbed its website and removed mentions of its ties to Russian investment company Renova Group and its recently-sanctioned oligarch chairman Viktor Vekselberg.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 257May 10, 2018 7:09 PM

How can this be legal? We are one of the most corrupt governments in the first world, beaten only by the Russian Federation.

by Anonymousreply 258May 10, 2018 7:14 PM

Interesting: if true. Actually fantastic if true:

Scott Dworkin

BREAKING: A GOP Hill staffer just told me she was instructed today to keep her distance from Devin Nunes, his staff and the GOP House Intel Cmte staff, because it looks like they are targets "of multiple ongoing investigations by Special Counsel Mueller's office/FBI and the DoJ."

by Anonymousreply 259May 10, 2018 7:54 PM

Yes, R259, that's great news. Uber in the Night Nunes must be dripping in sweat. The Senate report did him no favors and made him look like the boob he is.

by Anonymousreply 260May 10, 2018 8:06 PM

Nonsense! Nunes's behavior suggests he’s very smart and level-headed and not at all shifty. He’s the Michael Cohen of congressmen.

by Anonymousreply 261May 10, 2018 8:30 PM

Wasn’t there a Singaporean rep at the Mayflower speech?

Part of a VIP group having drinks and chats with Trump and Vislyak?

by Anonymousreply 262May 10, 2018 8:53 PM

The current White House CFO was the CFO of IDT when they sold their Russian holdings to Renova in 2006 in a Deutschebank brokered deal. For those who don’t know IDT was the original pre-paid phone card company. Pre-paid phone cards got such great rates because of masking software that makes foreign calls appear as if they were domestic.

Not sure if it means anything, but it is weird.

by Anonymousreply 263May 10, 2018 10:25 PM

Mueller is giving Nunes more documents he's demanding Thought the GOP Intel was finished with their work? When Nunes gets documents he high tails it over to the WH. Swalwell noted that today.

This is the fault of Paul Ryan not removing Nunes from the Committee and not reprimanding him.

R259 also heard Nunes and crew are under investigation for obstruction for activities beyond the Intel Committee work. Nunes may be compromised and being aggressive with the DOJ, but there are growing indications he's pretty dirty with the Ruskie factors.

by Anonymousreply 264May 10, 2018 10:48 PM

We interrupt this thread to call your attention to Senator Martin Heinrich of New Mexico. I saw him interviewing the new CIA nominee today. Just a brief clip on the news. O. M.G. He is so fucking hot! How did we ever miss him?

by Anonymousreply 265May 10, 2018 11:34 PM

It’s the six month mark till Election Day.

Get ready for a barrage.

by Anonymousreply 266May 10, 2018 11:57 PM

I still say it hat they’re all acting like they know something we don’t. That is a distinctive behavior and absent blatant denial, that is absolutely the case.

So what is it?

by Anonymousreply 267May 11, 2018 12:00 AM

Whatever it is, it ain’t good.

They don’t appear to have a care in the world.

by Anonymousreply 268May 11, 2018 12:01 AM

Who? I’m not seeing it.

by Anonymousreply 269May 11, 2018 12:04 AM

Nunes is looking for names of domestic and foreign informants. You know where that info will end up. Those people will be in danger.

Paul Ryan stood at the podium and endorsed Nunes' behavior.

by Anonymousreply 270May 11, 2018 12:35 AM

I'm convinced Nunes is a Russian Asset. Demanding such information and the running it right through Trump and/or back to Russia. People would die.

by Anonymousreply 271May 11, 2018 1:18 AM

We knew the DOJ was investigating the Repubes from the House Intelligent committee, and many have speculated that the DOJ is baiting Nunes every time he leaks something to the White House.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 272May 11, 2018 1:20 AM

[quote]Senator Martin Heinrich of New Mexico. I saw him interviewing the new CIA nominee today. Just a brief clip on the news. O. M.G. He is so fucking hot! How did we ever miss him?

We have! His name keeps coming up when discussing possible Democratic candidates for 2020.

by Anonymousreply 273May 11, 2018 1:22 AM

We should start a new game: Fuck, Marry, Kill, Elect

by Anonymousreply 274May 11, 2018 1:29 AM

About longest threads, how can we forget the theater gossip threads (303 of them at last count - that’s over 181,000 posts), and the Aaron Rogers threads (consistent through one homosexual affair, assorted claims of possible female dates, and two beard contracts during a period of over five years).

by Anonymousreply 275May 11, 2018 1:44 AM

I think what this Mother Jones bit is referring to is the fact that so much of what goes on has been leaked to the media so the Intell committee and the Ethics Committee and probably Speaker Ryan and Devin Nunes with his paranoid ass are investigating their own staff. Good. It will keep them buy and further erode trust. There is so much tension and hate it is impossible to function. Good. At least it will fuck with Nunes.

by Anonymousreply 276May 11, 2018 2:01 AM

[quote]We should start a new game: Fuck, Marry, Kill, Elect

Fuck? Avenatti.

Marry? Avennati?

Elect? Avennati?

by Anonymousreply 277May 11, 2018 2:38 AM

What about me, r277?

by Anonymousreply 278May 11, 2018 2:41 AM

Basta!

by Anonymousreply 279May 11, 2018 2:59 AM

[quote]The highly anticipated meeting between Kim Jong Un and myself will take place in Singapore on June 12th. We will both try to make it a very special moment for World Peace!

Doesn't the Mueller team have a tradition of putting out really big new, indictments, etc. when the fucker is out of the country?

by Anonymousreply 280May 11, 2018 3:02 AM

I was listening to the Michealangelo Signorile show earlier and he had a caller who wanted to "give the Republican perspective," on the Investigation. He said that they have found NOTHING and because they have found NOTHING they should stop the investigation. He went on to say that there should be a time limit on these things because its a waste of time and tax payer's money to continue looking in to something where there's nothing there.

I thought Signorile was going to miss some of the key arguments against this (as he sometimes does) but he nailed the idiot on everything.

He asked why he didn't feel the same way about Benghazi. He asked how he knew Mueller didn't have anything when Mueller hasn't revealed yet what he had. He mentioned how if there was nothing how many arrests have there been in the case already? And asked how many arrests were made over the Benghazi case. He also asked how this caller was giving the "Republican perspective," when Mueller, Comey, Rosenstein, and every single damn person involved in the investigation is a Republican. He went on to ask the caller to name ONE Democrat involved in the investigation.

What was funny was that every time the caller was asked a question he would pretend not to hear the question. It was such a weak tactic. Every single time his response was, "What was that?" He'd say it two or three times in a row, hoping Signorile would just move on.

When he was forced to answer some questions this was his response:

Benghazi: "You mean when Hillary destroyed a bunch of emails and got a bunch of people killed?" Signorile brought up how there was NOTHING that proved that.. after 9 investigations which added up equaled 6 years... so how he can say he wants there to be a time cap? The guy's response was, "WHY do you people always compare apples and oranges???"

When asked about the arrests the caller said those were all Russians and had nothing to do with Drumpf.

And when pressed to name any Democrats involved in the investigation? The caller said: Comey and Mueller.

by Anonymousreply 281May 11, 2018 3:11 AM

[quote] and every single damn person involved in the investigation is a Republican

A quibble here. Most of the principals -- Rosenstein, Mueller, and Comey -- are Republicans. However, Mueller has some Democrats on his staff.

by Anonymousreply 282May 11, 2018 3:19 AM

R282 So? I think it's illegal to question political affiliation when hiring staff. At the end of the day, Mueller calls the shot. The current GOP political culture is so beyond the pale corrupt, a tough investigation and some long prison terms can only help to save it.

by Anonymousreply 283May 11, 2018 3:25 AM

R282 the point that he made was that everyone responsible for authorizing and continuing the investigation is a Republican.

by Anonymousreply 284May 11, 2018 3:27 AM

R259, regarding Nunes, I read a post on Reddit a while back about him, and the original poster added to this thread. The poster believes that Nunes committed treason in his efforts to keep a naval base in the Azores open. I'm dying to hear if all this is true.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 285May 11, 2018 3:47 AM

What I imagined was Pence's subtext for his answer about the Mueller probe needing to wrap up now:

"Wrap up the probe now. It's been long enough. The sooner Congress impeaches this asshole out of office, the sooner I get to be president."

He is one slimy motherfucker. He probably thinks The Handmaid's Tale is a feel good story for the entire family.

by Anonymousreply 286May 11, 2018 4:12 AM

Completely off topic but I just heard on my local news that we're getting a literal, paper receipt next time we vote!!!

It'll have our info plus who we voted for.

It's a new system that the election commission is being trained on right now.

Good thing because I'm worried Beto won't be recognized as the true winner.

by Anonymousreply 287May 11, 2018 4:14 AM

R285, in one of the earlier threads we covered Nunes' possible recruitment by the Russians through the Portuguese government. The Portuguese government is very pro Putin, obviously Putin had a hand in electing Anival Cavaco Silva. Nunez is close to the Potuguese government and co-owns a winery in California with Russian investors

by Anonymousreply 288May 11, 2018 4:17 AM

R287 where?

by Anonymousreply 289May 11, 2018 4:23 AM

Texas, R289.

Beto O'Rourke.

by Anonymousreply 290May 11, 2018 4:26 AM

Be Best!

by Anonymousreply 291May 11, 2018 6:09 AM

Nunesy be compromised

by Anonymousreply 292May 11, 2018 8:50 AM

R291 Deplorable ladies... Take her advice. Be Da Best Ho!

by Anonymousreply 293May 11, 2018 8:58 AM

Nunes getting money from Russian investors has been floating around for over a year - that Reddit thread about Portugal is very interesting... hope he fries and Ryan too for allowing this fuckery to continue.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 294May 11, 2018 11:18 AM

I suspect that one reason the investigation is taking this long is that every couple weeks another Trump shill (such as Giuliani) pops up to speak on his behalf and wades hip deep into potential legal jeopardy.

I can imagine any number of times wherein Mueller's team is like, "Okay, we got this. Let's start publishing everything and submit it to... or wait a sec, hold on..." They turn on the TV and there is Giuliani (or whomever) dropping bombshells, and Mueller looks at his team and says, "Okay, everyone. Back to work," because now they have another fucking idiot they have to create a case against for obstruction or whatever.

It's just an endless game of whack-a-mole where they're not going to present what they have until they get every single person they can.

by Anonymousreply 295May 11, 2018 1:29 PM

I think Mueller is being very thorough and obviously knew about Cohen and his bank accounts and his pay offs months ago, but sometimes I have to laugh at people like Donnie Jr. or Cohen or Rudy or others who talk too much to the media, and maybe end up giving Mueller another thread to follow in his investigation. I watched "All the President's Men" a couple weeks ago and I was struck by a scene in the movie where Hoffman was talking to some guy who is supposed to be FBI, pumping him for information, and the guy gets frustrated and says, "No, where are YOU getting your information, because you guys are ahead of us on some of this stuff and we only learned about it from reading the papers."

by Anonymousreply 296May 11, 2018 2:16 PM

So John Schindler tweeted 38 minutes ago: "Trump White House is about to have a bad day....heads-up"

by Anonymousreply 297May 11, 2018 2:21 PM

I've got my popcorn ready.

by Anonymousreply 298May 11, 2018 2:40 PM

To be fair though, R297, he could tweet that just about any given morning ad turn out to be right.

by Anonymousreply 299May 11, 2018 2:44 PM

Good point r299. The Trump White House is a constant train wreck.

by Anonymousreply 300May 11, 2018 2:54 PM

He Mikey, how about we march the entire Trump & Pence clans, along with the majority of the GOP off to the Gulag where they belong? That'd wrap things up lickety-split.

by Anonymousreply 301May 11, 2018 2:56 PM

I don’t trust people who post things like that, r297. It’s a ploy to make others believe they have inside information.

by Anonymousreply 302May 11, 2018 2:58 PM

BOOBS!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 303May 11, 2018 3:02 PM

[quote]He is one slimy motherfucker. He probably thinks The Handmaid's Tale is a feel good story for the entire family.

Okay I had to laugh at that one.

by Anonymousreply 304May 11, 2018 3:03 PM

We have two trials pending (Manafort and Flynn) and one conviction going to jail (SIL of that oligarch and bank fraud asshole) and these fools think NOTHING is going on? Flynn pled GUILTY. They really are intentionally blind to the interference that happened in the election and who is responsible. You don't get that far in without inside help. We need to know, as Americans, how far this has gone. I don't care if others get dragged in, but it sure as heck looks like the GOP was in it up to their necks.

If it looks, sounds, and acts guilty.....

by Anonymousreply 305May 11, 2018 3:39 PM

It's only a bad day if Trump thinks it's a bad day. I hope that's what R297 meant.

by Anonymousreply 306May 11, 2018 3:45 PM

It's definitely a duck, r305.

by Anonymousreply 307May 11, 2018 4:10 PM

The media is all focused on Trump's bitch aide mocking McCain's demise. It was a nasty comment and she should not be working in government. But the whole WH is disgusting as well as their legion of yappers out front spreading disinformation and deflection.

However there are more serious and sinister things going on. The media needs to be paying more attention to the obstruction being done in the House by Nunes and others. More investigative journalism is sorely needed in this domain.

Also, live coverage of everything Trump does before a camera is not necessary. Live coverage of every single "rally" is giving him an on-going advantage not afforded to Democrats.

by Anonymousreply 308May 11, 2018 4:25 PM

Maybe because of this.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 309May 11, 2018 5:32 PM

[quote]Also, live coverage of everything Trump does before a camera is not necessary. Live coverage of every single "rally" is giving him an on-going advantage not afforded to Democrats.

It drove me nuts when "liberal" network MSNBC cut away from regular programming to carry every last second of every last Trump rally live during the primaries and election campaign. They carried more than even FOX did. I remember one time Joy Reid got pissed because they were forcing her to cede her air time in favor of Trump.

As for the crux of your argument – "The media needs to be paying more attention to the obstruction being done in the House by Nunes and others" – I'm in total agreement. But it needs to go beyond that, too. The level of corruption that is going on, unabated throughout this administration is on a scale never before seen in this country. But it's not as sexy as payments to a porn star or connections with Russia, so it gets seriously short shrift.

by Anonymousreply 310May 11, 2018 5:39 PM

It'll gain more traction when Trump Jr. is arrested and charged, R310.

by Anonymousreply 311May 11, 2018 5:42 PM

I thought we were promised something big today???? Schindler better deliver !

[quote]Maybe because of this.

No, there had been articles about this months ago. Schindler's tweet made it seemed like something big was coming up the pipe

by Anonymousreply 312May 11, 2018 6:05 PM

Where is the big breaking Friday news??

by Anonymousreply 313May 11, 2018 6:55 PM

Don't we usually get it later than this?

by Anonymousreply 314May 11, 2018 7:01 PM

^^ Yeah usually about 5:55 Pacific time. Just before Rachel is about to start and she has to scrap the entire show she had planned.

I've posted this before and I'll post it again. To all those Trump-loving shills who keep stating that it's going on so long because Mueller can't find anything, it's just the opposite! It's taking this long because there's just more and more and more. It's a bottomless pit of collusion, corruption and all sorts of illegal activity. Devin Nunes knows that! And apparently, Paul Ryan does too.

by Anonymousreply 315May 11, 2018 7:07 PM

R315 that has always been my thought. They aren't nursing the same tit looking for more evidence--new evidence keeps drowning them like a firehose. We're only getting a fraction of it.

by Anonymousreply 316May 11, 2018 7:12 PM

As usual the media is totally ignoring certain aspects of this whole thing. We've had only one report where Paul Ryan was featured and that was the call where McCarthy said Putin pays Trump and Rohrbacher.

Carter Page slipped up on TV one night and made a comment about he wasn't worried because Paul Ryan was going to take care of things.

Ryan let Nunes destroy the House committee. Ryan is the one letting Nunes bully and destroy the DOJ. Nunes gets permission from Ryan before doing anything.

So why isn't the press on Ryan like flies on shit? Why is he getting a pass?

by Anonymousreply 317May 11, 2018 7:26 PM

Good grief! Sarah Sanders black & white stripes outfit looks like a convict's uniform.

by Anonymousreply 318May 11, 2018 7:28 PM

Calling Ryan patriotic is a stretch. He will salute, though, the Koch Industries Company flag; and by his actions, his protection of Russian meddling appears ongoing. They apparently want this to continue for 2018 and 2020.

by Anonymousreply 319May 11, 2018 7:34 PM

She's preparing herself for her impending incarceration...

by Anonymousreply 320May 11, 2018 7:34 PM

Makes her look really, really fat. She gets no advice on attire?

by Anonymousreply 321May 11, 2018 7:37 PM

She stopped listening after she heard the great advice about "smokey eyes."

by Anonymousreply 322May 11, 2018 8:25 PM

Those prison stripes! She's clueless or....trolling...or.... I don't know what.

by Anonymousreply 323May 11, 2018 8:47 PM

"Kelly Sadler's comments were at a colloguy whereby there was brainstorming about the ironical thoughts of Hillary Clinton when she was questioned about Benghazi with a transference to the CIA Chief confirmation process. It is so unfortunate that the fake media took this out of context."

by Anonymousreply 324May 11, 2018 8:50 PM

Uhhh AT&T is really in for a world of trouble.

Kyle Griffin:

[quote]AT&T reportedly [bold]shopped around for other Trump allies who could bring them closer to the admin—including Corey Lewandowski[/bold], The Daily Beast reports.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 325May 11, 2018 8:52 PM

R325 It's like they don't even bother with the line between lobbying and corruption. It's the old boys' club mentality.

by Anonymousreply 326May 11, 2018 8:56 PM

I agree with R315, R316, and R317. The Media is MIA when it comes to investigating Congress. And I want to say one thing about Cohen, At&T etc. Even though a lot of this crap is "legal" it is completely unethical. It is a perfect example of the obscene ways money buys influence. So we need to expose it so the public can be outraged and insist these laws are changed. Spreading money round to a Grotesque like Michael Cohen in telecom, accounting, healthcare, etc. when he is completely ignorant of any issues in those areas is more than obscene. It ought to be illegal.

by Anonymousreply 327May 11, 2018 8:58 PM

Michael Avenatti to NBC News:

[quote] [bold]"Individuals and companies are finally coming to the realization that much more information is going to come to light[/bold] regarding their dealings with Mr. Cohen and Mr. Trump. They are nervous and should be."

I' m getting my popcorn ready for later tonight.

by Anonymousreply 328May 11, 2018 9:02 PM

The Trump Swamp has taken over. It's incredible how blatant the corruption has become, and yet the press is still just regurgitating the lies told them daily at the WH instead of doing any investigative reporting out in the field.

by Anonymousreply 329May 11, 2018 9:28 PM

As far as I'm concerned, lobbying IS corruption. Elected officials should only care what the people who elected them need and want. It's going to be hilarious if not only the entire Trump administration and the entire Repug party are taken down by this but also the entire lobbying scam based solely on bribery.

by Anonymousreply 330May 11, 2018 9:31 PM

Hardly, R329. There is too much confusion in that corrupt bunch of incompetent rodeo clowns to 'take over' anything.

by Anonymousreply 331May 11, 2018 9:32 PM

What gets me stabby is what a bunch of pigs they all are. It's not enough they can receive unlimited contribution amounts thanks to the Citizens United decision, but they sell access as well. No, it's not legal, no matter how much you babble it.

by Anonymousreply 332May 11, 2018 9:35 PM

R331 If they can extort thousands, if not millions of dollars without anyone telling or noticing until now, they have already been in control for the last year and a half. All of the power of free press didn't catch them. It's only because of Avenatti working for a porn star we even know about it. They are stupid and careless but they know they can get away with it as long as Trump is in the WH to distract and intimidate.

by Anonymousreply 333May 11, 2018 9:41 PM

R333, I'm afraid they have been getting away with it for about three decades, at least.

by Anonymousreply 334May 11, 2018 9:45 PM

That's just it, R333. They've been noticed and caught. The more time they've had has only lengthened the rope they're hanging themselves with.

by Anonymousreply 335May 11, 2018 9:45 PM

People such as Ryan, Sanders, McConnell, Graham, and dozens of others, have become extraordinarily wealthy, and have done little to nothing actually having WORKED in the private sector. They can live nicely on government checks and benefits; but millionaires many times over again? They have their ways of getting huge supplements. Graham is getting what: three government checks where most anyone could live very comfortably off just one of them. Since when did McConnell ever WORK in international shipping; yet he is a shipping tycoon?

by Anonymousreply 336May 11, 2018 9:56 PM

R334 is worried again. Dear, they've been setting the rules of the game since people started trading fruit in the trees. It's a struggle to the death until we evolve enough to notice how no one really needs to play.

by Anonymousreply 337May 11, 2018 9:57 PM

Sarah ... big black and white stripes?!

by Anonymousreply 338May 11, 2018 10:13 PM

If I watched her falling down a flight of stairs I'd get a migraine.

by Anonymousreply 339May 11, 2018 10:19 PM

Dress for the (prison) job you want!

by Anonymousreply 340May 11, 2018 10:21 PM

[quote]Special counsel Robert Mueller’s team has questioned several witnesses about millions of dollars in donations to President Donald Trump’s inauguration committee last year, including questions about donors with connections to Russia, Saudi Arabia, the United Arab Emirates and Qatar, sources with direct knowledge told ABC News.

[quote]Those interviewed included longtime Trump friend and confidant Thomas Barrack, who oversaw the fundraising effort, as well as individuals familiar with the massive inaugural fund, according to sources with direct knowledge.

[quote]According to a source who has sat with the Mueller team for interviews in recent weeks, the special counsel is examining donors who have either business or personal connections in Russia, Saudi Arabia, the United Arab Emirates and Qatar. Several donors with those ties contributed large sums to the non-profit fundraising entity – gifts that topped out at $1 million dollars, according to public records.

[quote]Special counsel investigators have also asked witnesses about specific inauguration donors, including American businessmen Leonard Blavatnik, and Andrew Intrater, according to sources familiar with the Mueller sessions.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 341May 11, 2018 10:52 PM

R338 Stripes are sliming, she is the exception.

by Anonymousreply 342May 11, 2018 11:09 PM

R341, I wonder if Ivanka will be questioned. She has been to all of those places on daddy business.

by Anonymousreply 343May 11, 2018 11:12 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 344May 11, 2018 11:28 PM

This one made me laugh:

[quote]I don't know why, but every time I see @LindseyGrahamSC being a Trump sychophant, I get an image in my mind of Putin holding a picture of Lindsey in leather, wearing a chock collar. My mind works in mysterious ways.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 345May 11, 2018 11:29 PM

It's a diamond studded collar, silly boy.

by Anonymousreply 346May 11, 2018 11:33 PM

My favorite.....

As if Trump didnt have enough troubles, now a photo of him with two prostitutes emerges......

BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA........

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 347May 11, 2018 11:40 PM

Dan Rather 9 hrs ·

"No man who is corrupt, no man who condones corruption in others, can possibly do his duty by the community." - Theodore Roosevelt

As a citizen, I detest the stench of corruption. As a journalist, I know corruption makes for very fertile investigative reporting. And as a student of history, I have learned that corruption often lays waste to the powerful.

That is why I am stunned by what is taking place today. Over the course of my life I have never seen a level of corruption in the United States equal to that emanating from the Trump Administration. It is the ultimate threat to effective governance. It is morally repugnant and a repudiation of the very ideals of our democracy. It is the rot of power for sale.

Of all the current dangers to the norms of our democracy, and there are many, I worry most that we will become a nation that shrugs off corruption as business as usual. This is not to say that we haven't had corruption in the past. But one thing that has marked this country from others is that, especially at the highest levels of government, our corruption (and our tolerance for it) has been comparatively very low.

The corruption that has already been proven is staggering. But with the latest revelations around slush funds, the money passing through Trump properties, this bizarre story of a "dirty ops" campaign against Obama Administration officials, the daily Pruitt perfidy (and so, so, so much more) one has a sense that we are seeing but the tip of the corruption iceberg. I have long felt that one reason why our global competitors and adversaries like China and Russia would falter was that the corruption that pulsates through their political systems is ultimately destabilizing. And now we are following down that same dangerous path.

I hear many on air and on line invoke President Trump's promise to "drain the swamp" to mark his rank hypocrisy. But I suggest that those who care about this issue drop the "swamp" metaphor as a reference. It is too cute, too passive, and too esoteric for what is going on. This is about hardworking, law-abiding Americans being played for suckers. This is about the very idea of honest government becoming just another partisan divide. There are already many worrisome signs that this mindset is seeping into the candidacies of those seeking lower office.

In the end, however, I trust the American people will not sit idly by and allow the fleecing of their country to take place without a reckoning at the ballot box, and likely in the halls of justice.

by Anonymousreply 348May 12, 2018 1:27 AM

Sorry, R348 is from Dan Rather's Facebook page.

by Anonymousreply 349May 12, 2018 1:29 AM

Not a Rather fan, but it's succinct. Where are the investigations, MSM? Rather should be calling that out.

by Anonymousreply 350May 12, 2018 1:35 AM

[quote]Those interviewed included longtime Trump friend and confidant Thomas Barrack, who oversaw the fundraising effort, as well as individuals familiar with the massive inaugural fund, according to sources with direct knowledge.

[quote]According to a source who has sat with the Mueller team for interviews in recent weeks, the special counsel is examining donors who have either business or personal connections in Russia, Saudi Arabia, the United Arab Emirates and Qatar. Several donors with those ties contributed large sums to the non-profit fundraising entity – gifts that topped out at $1 million dollars, according to public records.

Oh, I get it now, So that's why Trump was so adamant the inauguration crowds were the biggest ever seen - he was actually reassuring all the foreign contributors to the inauguration fund...

by Anonymousreply 351May 12, 2018 1:40 AM

Stop picking on me!

I'm reading old comics from my youth. Mr. President is not on my mind tonight.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 352May 12, 2018 1:54 AM

According to the Way back Machine this is the website of Demeter Direct (suspiciously this website is gone)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 353May 12, 2018 2:33 AM

When I see the gif at the top of this thread, my mind is changed about Trump. As much as I want to see him in federal prison, what I want now is to see him with Parkinson Disease, in public, unmedicated. Being wheeled in a chair to his sentencing hearing.

by Anonymousreply 354May 12, 2018 4:13 AM

So what about this “witness” that they are trying to get the FBI to reveal.

Are their any guesss on twitter?

Should be a bigger story than it is. It’s all they are focused on on the hill.

by Anonymousreply 355May 12, 2018 4:46 AM

“....we know Mr. Nunes’s request deals with a “top secret intelligence source” of the FBI and CIA, who is a U.S. citizen and who was involved in the Russia collusion probe.

When government agencies refer to sources, they mean people who appear to be average citizens but use their profession or contacts to spy for the agency.

Ergo, we might take this to mean that the FBI secretly had a person on the payroll who used his or her non-FBI credentials to interact in some capacity with the Trump campaign.”

WELL? who is?

by Anonymousreply 356May 12, 2018 5:01 AM

Don’t get too comfortable with this takeover of our basic human rights. We have a right not to be sold out to other countries, gas lighted, provoked, instigated and abused.

by Anonymousreply 357May 12, 2018 5:02 AM

I'll be sitting here waiting for the drip drip drip over the weekend. Surely some nefarious new revelation will come tomorrow...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 358May 12, 2018 5:13 AM

I guess we are entering the summer civil war

Any announcement yet from Democrats what their proposals are?

McCain insults are the work of the devil

by Anonymousreply 359May 12, 2018 6:03 AM

Treason is when you employ the FBI to spy on your political opponent, and you all abuse your powers in hopes of overthrowing a legally elected President should be happen to defeat your candidate.

by Anonymousreply 360May 12, 2018 6:09 AM

R360 is triggered deplorable with Faux News talking points. Ignore.

by Anonymousreply 361May 12, 2018 7:15 AM

Bill Maher can be a blowhard but he hits all the right targets in this piece: Married to the Mob.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 362May 12, 2018 8:23 AM

R362 yes, Maher did a good segment there.

by Anonymousreply 363May 12, 2018 8:39 AM

I wonder if the republicans murdered somebody.

by Anonymousreply 364May 12, 2018 12:36 PM

R364 Trump's gang... sure they have, probably outsourced the work to the Russians.

by Anonymousreply 365May 12, 2018 1:18 PM

Trudy Giuliani has her goonettes. But they are all in nursing homes now.

by Anonymousreply 366May 12, 2018 1:49 PM

Trump is what you get when an internet troll manages to steal the presidency.

by Anonymousreply 367May 12, 2018 1:59 PM

Stormy performed in Myrtle Beach. Her muscle protection were huge, black, and stoned faced. Any Putty-Trudy-Bone Spurs hired thug who even tries to approach her would get broken in half.

by Anonymousreply 368May 12, 2018 2:01 PM

r356....there have been stories from the beginning of this mess that there is a mole on the inside of the whitehouse........

by Anonymousreply 369May 12, 2018 2:13 PM

R362 not a Maher fan but that was on point.

by Anonymousreply 370May 12, 2018 2:13 PM

The mole on Kelly Anne's cooch?

by Anonymousreply 371May 12, 2018 2:18 PM

Trump's Scottish resort was paid money by US taxpayers to host VIP. We are paying for retard Eric to play golf in Scotland, it's just pathetic he gets away with this.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 372May 12, 2018 2:21 PM

R368 At this stage it's too late to even try to target Stormy. It's out of her hands. Avenatti is at the wheel right now, but even he's not the real player. Even if he has the evidence, Trump as President has enablers in high places to help him dodge, distract and delay. I think ultimately, this case will eventually be part of Mueller's investigation into Trump's conspiracy to defraud the United States, and we'll still need a Dem Congress to hold him accountable for his crimes.

by Anonymousreply 373May 12, 2018 2:25 PM

I'm going to take a risk here and "explain" lobbying. There is the corrupt, pay for play kind of lobbying that we see all the time in D.C. and then there is something that is its opposite and is pretty important. I worked for a healthcare organization years ago, in their gov't relations division. When our state health department was revising regulations or changing policy or coming up with boiler plate for basic mandated benefit for healthcare insurance providers for example, they often consulted with the representatives of organizations in that industry proving those services to get their input and their concerns.

They often hired University experts and industry experts to explain or analyze the impact of legislation or regulatory policies. (These people were lobbyists, and they were a totally different breed than the whores I see today like a Michael Cohen.) Once the regulatory policy or the legislation was in a "final form" (nothing is ever final in politics) it is open to public hearings and public comments.

This is important because in their eagerness to be seen "doing something" Congress often passes bad laws and then the operating department has to decide how to tweak or ignore certain parts of the legislation or get it amended. Also, depending on who's in charge of an operating department, (Scott Pruitt???) certain aspects of regulatory policy are subject to interpretation on one extreme or another.

what has happened with help from a Conservative Supreme Court in some instances, and in other instances just because Congress is corrupt and greedy, is that the entire legislative process and the internal operating processes in federal agencies, has been debased and totally fucked up. We used to have intelligent people running for office most of the time. And they used to hire staff that was super whip smart. And the committee staff, separate from any member's staff were really smart about their issues.

So for example, the Energy committee had energy policy people working who knew their shit. They weren't there to represent Big oil, they were there to deal with public policy on energy. Now to be fair, all these industries have legitimacy. They have a right to have their concerns represented and heard if they are to be effective in their mission. But what is illegitimate IMO, is the undue influence, and the complete lack of balancing competing interests. The Pharmaceutical industry should not be at odds with the public good. And the damned Congress should not be representing the interests of those industries over and above and in opposition to the public interest. That is all.

We need tighter regulation and complete transparency when it comes to lobbyists. What we are experiencing now is the Republican vision (nightmare) of almost complete deregulation, and it started back with St. Ronnie in 1980's.

by Anonymousreply 374May 12, 2018 2:41 PM

Thanks R357! Very well put.

by Anonymousreply 375May 12, 2018 2:55 PM

When the Supreme Court allowed Citizens United, they stated in their ruling that it could be changed BY CONGRESS PASSING NEW LAWS FORBIDDING OR LIMITING IT........what have they done about it ?

Same with gun control....in Heller, they (Scalia specifically) stated that the second amendment is NOT absolute and that the government has a right to limit the type and quantity of firearms in public hands.......what have they done about it ?

They repealed the Fairness Doctorine during Reagan and have repeatedly cited the consequences of that action....i.e. Fox News, right wing radio, etc........but what have they done to either reinstate it or pass other laws to prevent the biased brainwashing of the masses ?

by Anonymousreply 376May 12, 2018 3:04 PM

Donald Trump and this Republican Congress are a bunch of treasonous whores and Vladimir Putin is their pimp. There is absolutely no justification for this. Backing out of that deal makes us less safe. Trump is a danger to national security.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 377May 12, 2018 3:15 PM

AND......another piece of the Steele Dossier puzzle falling into place ?......

Interesting thread (very short)......and if true, Trump is more than fucked.......

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 378May 12, 2018 3:32 PM

Kyle Griffin ‏ Verified account

@kylegriffin1 Follow Follow @kylegriffin1 More Still find it remarkable that Michael Cohen made most of these consulting deals (or kept receiving money from these deals) while he was National Deputy Finance Chairman of the RNC.

6:15 AM - 12 May 2018

by Anonymousreply 379May 12, 2018 3:34 PM

I always get the feeling that Trump keeps himself one degree of separation from all the bad actions, like a true mob boss. He lets others dirty their hands so he can have deniability.

by Anonymousreply 380May 12, 2018 3:48 PM

[quote] and if true, Trump is more than fucked

I don't doubt that for a moment. But, considering how many times we have said that I just wish it would finally happen. This traitorous group of felons have to be removed from office.

by Anonymousreply 381May 12, 2018 4:01 PM

Concern Troll at R381!

by Anonymousreply 382May 12, 2018 4:32 PM

I'm not R381, but sometimes people really do feel that way, R382. I feel that way sometimes, too.

People expressing frustration and/or worry about the clusterfuck our country has become is not always some grand, evil conspiracy to make people apathetic.

by Anonymousreply 383May 12, 2018 4:36 PM

The corruption is so obvious and in our faces, it's difficult not to feel exasperated and want them to act and charge him and his gang of pigs. But I also believe if we could actually see some pushback from Congress instead of their complicit silence, it would help me at least, not to feel so frustrated. I think it's the combination of Trump being so blatant, and Congress being so silent, and seeing so little push back, except from people like Avenatti, that gets people frustrated. Yes, Mueller has to investigate, but the reality is that Trump has done enough stuff to justify impeachment and throwing him out of office with out Mueller 's investigation, just on the level of unfitness for office. "high crimes & misdemeanors" threshhold has been met a million times over.

by Anonymousreply 384May 12, 2018 4:42 PM

The only reason Congress is silent is because theyre complicit......theyre hoping they can shut it down so their parts wont be exposed.....thats all....the agenda is just a distraction.....THEY KNOW that the more Mueller digs, the more likely theyll be exposed and prosecuted.

by Anonymousreply 385May 12, 2018 4:53 PM

Thank you R383 and R384. I am R381, and I'm not some damn concern troll -- though I was pretty certain that someone would immediately swoop in and accuse me of that. And R382 did not disappoint. I'm only surprised it took him 45 minutes.

R384 does an excellent job at explaining the frustration. We are all well aware that a complicated public corruption investigation of this scope and size is going to take a long time to complete. But just on the basis of what we already knew about Trump's transgressions, this morally and ethically unfit traitor should be tossed from office. "This is going to take him down," or "this is surely going to be his undoing," or "he's finished now." OK, great. Let's get on it with it. His fat ass is still sitting in the Oval Office. And with each passing day he and his evil minions visit a little more destruction on this country and our public institutions.

by Anonymousreply 386May 12, 2018 4:58 PM

Can we just brand the Republicans as the party of corruption and just let those comfortable with corruption say it openly? That should at least clarify things. And then let Democratic candidates make it perfectly clear how corruption in government and business ruins the lives or ordinary people who can't afford to buy representation and privilege.

by Anonymousreply 387May 12, 2018 5:26 PM

Wow, R381/R386, R383 and R384 are all Concern Trolls. with the latter two komrades JUMPING IN to prop up their tovarisch!

"WAH!!! DEFEND my right to spread apathy and worry!!!!"

by Anonymousreply 388May 12, 2018 5:33 PM

If you really believe that, you have a problem with paranoia, R382/R388.

If you don't believe it, you're what you're accusing others of being: a troll.

Either way, you seem a bit silly.

by Anonymousreply 389May 12, 2018 5:45 PM

Unless Democrats take the House and hold their own or improve in the Senate come November, it is doubtful Mueller's report will be acted upon affirmatively. Or Trump pardons all the indicted, and/or tries to ends the investigation, via DOJ firings, before it is allowed to be completed.

Republicans are well-financed, and the evironmental destructionists, Koch Bros, will be dumping much more money onto GOP candidates in excessive ways. The Republicans will use very nasty tactics, and the Russian connections will be as active as ever. Pelosi and Schumer better be up to the fight; because they will be featured in negative ads and rendered heavy bashing on Fox. Maxine Waters is another they will vilify. Democrats need some lieutenants to step up and be effective attack dogs.

I don't know what all the Democrat messaging will be, but it better be good and strong. Watching Perez on CNN this morning, he sounded awfully optimistic; maybe too upbeat for now. No more within 5 percentage points bullshit. Compete everywhere. Democrats have to show and vote.

by Anonymousreply 390May 12, 2018 6:19 PM

when you worship the rich and you worship money, this is what you get. Don't pretend to be shocked, Republicans! You've been worshiping rich fucks for 50 years. This is what you get. If giving money to rich people is the answer to every question, eventually a rich person who doesn't care about anything but his own money is what you are going to get.

by Anonymousreply 391May 12, 2018 6:27 PM

The Kochs and other bigshots have dumped money into elections before. We can over come it. They are not incincible. Right now everyone needs to be focused on the state level. Gerrymandering and suppression happen at the state level, so does fraud. Support organizations like Eric Holder's group. They've been very successful with the gerrymandering issues. We have to push back. If you feel helpless then start finding organizations like MoveOn and Indivisible and the Committee on Redistricting, etc. and join the fight. We can ush back. We just need to be smart about it. If you are feeling frustrated then you need to get involved. We can only take back Congress if all of us get off our asses. I laugh at you asshole that thinks I'm a concern troll. You fucking Russian whore.

by Anonymousreply 392May 12, 2018 6:34 PM

Yeah, sure. Those of us who are worried and frustrated because there is a goddamn fucking foreign agent sitting in the Oval Office are just concern trolls.

And if you think there won't be interference in the mid-terms you're just a fucking moron. That sort of apathy will lead to destruction. The report that just came out shows how far Russians have penetrated our voter rolls and it's a serious problem. If you want to bury your head in the sand be my guest. Some of us, however, will be fighting on the state level to secure the vote.

by Anonymousreply 393May 12, 2018 7:42 PM

Agree R387, corrupt, kleptocracy, put on blast and repeat. Dems need a good message to appeal to the working class as well but nobody likes a rigged system.

by Anonymousreply 394May 12, 2018 9:34 PM

The Dems have a good message that appeal to the working class, hence the coasts vote for them.

It is targeting the new younger Gen Zers and those people that sat the election last time around that will bring the wins home. We need a bulldog that can scoop the new voters in and a good percentage of those that sat out the election. Also, none of it will matter if the Russians hack the election again.

by Anonymousreply 395May 12, 2018 9:44 PM

Fuck the whole "Dems need a good message" bullshit. Hillary had a great message. She won the damned election. People who claim we need a "better message" or we need to appeal to the "working class" are full of shit.They want us to move to the Right and be less inclusive. At no time do I recall Hillary saying that her policy proposals were directed exclusively at minorities or women. The only "special circumstance I recall is when she wanted to develop a special program for job re training and medical assistance for West Virginia miners.. As Democrat I know where I stand. I know what the Democratic party stands for. We want to make the Affordable Care act better moving towards universal healthcare. We want to increase the minimum wage, we want f ree college tuition for and job training programs. We want reasonable gun saftey measures and we want job creation. A strong economy, a clean environment and a strong national defense. We want equal rights for everyone. We want immigration reform that is compassionate and reasonable not the barbaric ugly shit that is happening right now. Democrats know who they are. We know what we stand for. And any rational person, including "independent voters" ought to have figured out by now that under Democratic Presidents and Democratic Congress, our country thrives and our economy is strong. The entire Republican Party ought to be cited under RICO statues for being a criminal enterprise.

by Anonymousreply 396May 12, 2018 9:48 PM

Bravo, R396!!!

by Anonymousreply 397May 12, 2018 9:52 PM

Great post, R396!

The Russian Concern Trolls want us to be quivering in worry and then they start peppering in Putin's message to embrace the Right.

Fight back against the Concern Trolls! They want us to bow down to Putin and Trump. "Move to the Center!!!"

by Anonymousreply 398May 12, 2018 9:53 PM

You're a fucking moron, R398.

If a centrist Democrat can win in your district, goddamn right you move to the center.

If a more progressive candidate can win in your district go right ahead and move to the left.

The point is to make sure you vote for the MOST ELECTABLE DEMOCRATIC CANDIDATE. That's it and that's all. Shrieking to the contrary will be mocked and the trolls run off the premises.

by Anonymousreply 399May 12, 2018 9:57 PM

A good start would be to call out the GOP for their lies....use specific examples of their obstruction to things like jobs, the environment and their greed......you cant say were better because we care....you need to show them how our way is better. Call them liars to their faces, when you give examples, show proof. Force the ignorant to see the hypocrisy. Call them out about their whataboutisms. The only reason they get away with it is that we let them......MSM does the exact same thing with very few exceptions. Fuck the "when they go low, we go high" bullshit.....they revel in it. They need to be shown that the GOP is who obstructs job bills, social programs, etc. When they say jobs and the economy matter, show them how the GOP blocks those efforts while they pocket the cash. The biggest problem with the message is that we let them get away with claiming its bullshit and doesnt work when the facts and data show otherwise.

by Anonymousreply 400May 12, 2018 9:57 PM

Oh, fuck you with all that "concern troll" shit.

by Anonymousreply 401May 12, 2018 9:58 PM

Fuck the whole MSM esp. NY Times and Ms. Maggie Haberman. She is still insisting she's right- that Michelle W. Insulted SHS looks not her character . Furthermore she has tweeted more about poor Kirsten Nielson almost quitting over the tongue lasting Trump gave her when the emphasis should be on why she doesn't quit over the obscene separation of parents from children to stop illegal border crossing and MH has been very tepid over the whole bit about why that cunt Sanders is unconcerned about the ugliness of the aides joking about the dying Senator than about the leak from the USS Titanic aka The Trump WH. I just cancelled my NY Times subs. I get better more reliable news here, from MA. And SA Twitter and other online sites. MSM can die in a grease fire.

by Anonymousreply 402May 12, 2018 10:33 PM

[quote]The point is to make sure you vote for the MOST ELECTABLE DEMOCRATIC CANDIDATE. That's it and that's all. Shrieking to the contrary will be mocked and the trolls run off the premises.

Bingo! First things first, and priority number one is to kick the GOP to the curb.

by Anonymousreply 403May 12, 2018 11:44 PM

I have mixed feelings about the Dems' moving to the center in a more conservative district. I agree that the more Democrats, the better, and that the Republicans need to be kicked to the curb. But: 1) the Republicans have kept moving the center towards the right; 2) Democratic policies are popular with the mainstream and they should be able to win on them, esp. in the current climate (cf. DL fave Lamb); and 3) by moving to the center to we end up with dead weight like Manchin.

by Anonymousreply 404May 13, 2018 12:26 AM

Manchin votes with the conservatives a good portion of the time and then there are those times when he doesn't (and hasn't) which we still need.

Lay off moderate and even conservative Democrats. We need them more than we need Bernie.

by Anonymousreply 405May 13, 2018 12:30 AM

There is supposed to be a story on Trump and Hannity dropping tomorrow night.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 406May 13, 2018 12:34 AM

I think we need to do exactly what R399 is saying! I was talking about the pundits on TV and some politicians who suggest the Dems "need a message for the working class". Some of them actually call women and minorities "special interest groups. " LOLLOL! And the problem is it sets us up for defeat and it really fucks us with the general public many of whom are too stupid to see through it. I know in some states the Bernie people have been working overtime at being very divisive internally with state parties and primary candidates pushing for the candidate who is so far to the Left they will be unelectable in the general election. It is part of the GOP strategy, of course. I've seen it in action. For example, Bernie is supporting this guy in Paul Ryan's district who is running against a more centrist woman school teacher. She should win the primary. She can win the general election. The Labor guy is a nice guy but he pales in comparison to her.

by Anonymousreply 407May 13, 2018 12:34 AM

I agree, R407, we have to exercise common sense in these elections and not try to engineer a leftist or centrist agenda. It's not a good idea to condemn a candidate as unelectable because he's left of center. If he's got the ability to do the job the people want him to do, it won't matter what direction he/she leans. It's about being responsible to the people who elected you and being able to vote with the party. Why not look to those states and districts where Sanders won in the primaries and support more leftist candidates and vice versa.

Sanders isn't as powerful as you think he is, btw. He's not even a registered Dem and many of us want him to leave the scene.

by Anonymousreply 408May 13, 2018 12:52 AM

Read this story about the crab business in Maryland going under because they no longer have illegals to work for them. They also couldn't get their normal seasonal workers because Trump changed the visa lottery system.

The majority of them are Trump voters who don't blame Trump.

He said he'd deport illegal immigrants. He said he'd change the visa system.

They are blaming everyone but Trump. They blame everyone else in DC. They blame the environmentalists. Only one guy has made the connection, and twenty bucks says he'd vote for Trump again.

This is an issue directly effecting their own pocket books, which is the only reason a Republican cares about anything, and they STILL think he's just great.

So exactly how are we to reason with these people and win their votes?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 409May 13, 2018 1:08 AM

It's a form of mass psychosis, R409, and will compel them to double down on their support the worse it gets. They refuse to believe otherwise because it would mean admitting they were wrong. They would rather profess their loyalty than their stupidity.

by Anonymousreply 410May 13, 2018 1:14 AM

r408.....and yet they ignore that Trump increased his own foreign seasonal workers through special visas while rallying against them in general for everyone else.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 411May 13, 2018 1:19 AM

Some voters you just have to write off as a total loss, r409.

by Anonymousreply 412May 13, 2018 1:20 AM

r411 was directed to r409....sorry

by Anonymousreply 413May 13, 2018 1:23 AM

We have the numbers. How many millions are in the fund to stop the election meddling that hasn't been spent? If you're not colluding with them, prevent them from doing it again. Trump isn't and this should be a key point in the elections coming up and going into 2020.

by Anonymousreply 414May 13, 2018 1:24 AM

Is this kind of mass psychosis what happened in the 1930s Gremany? I'm serious. I'm in flyover country but the few black people I encounter in Wichita Ks. ( yep, the home of Koch Bros. ) are very supportive of Trump and are shocked when I say " He's racist. You know that, right?" No. They tell me. He's not racist. Maybe some people around him try to make him out to be but He is not. I think I'm going to wake up from this nightmare because, even though black people are a minority, Damn near everyone in this god forsaken ninth circle of hell thinks Trump is the best thing since Twinkies went back into production. I think I'm going insane.

by Anonymousreply 415May 13, 2018 1:26 AM

R399, you get it. R396 is screeching crap. Messaging, and how it is delivered to local demographics, is critical.

by Anonymousreply 416May 13, 2018 1:29 AM

We don't need Trumpanzee slave votes. We need OUR votes and the Independents who are fleeing from him like rats on a rope line.

He stole the electoral college by the narrowest of margins and could not win the popular vote to save his tiny dick. Any thought that his disastrous "presidency" will last is delusional and speaks to a lack of understanding of this electorate.

by Anonymousreply 417May 13, 2018 1:30 AM

It's similar, R415, and this is why we need a strong Dem response this November. As far as I can see, it's happening. The number of women and minorities running has tripled. We must not allow the undermining of our system, right NOW, so we will have something to go back to.

There were many who supported Hitler who later regretted it. They ended up dead. I hope the black folks you spoke to will come around, but what I really want is for the mass of apathetic voters to get off their asses and do their duty.

by Anonymousreply 418May 13, 2018 1:35 AM

Having worked on dozens of campaigns, I'm well aware of the importance of "messaging" which is NOT the same as "The Dems need a message." And you know what. Since when does anyone out there in pundit land get to tell me what the Dems need. I refuse to be put on the defensive after the debacle we have lived through in the past three years. fuck them. We have plenty of ways to frame issues and deal with messaging. What we need is fair elections. No fraud.

by Anonymousreply 419May 13, 2018 3:35 AM

Trump will not fall until the economy tanks - deplorables will be in for a rude shock when they are begging in the streets

by Anonymousreply 420May 13, 2018 5:21 AM

Do some of you not understand that the economy being bad is not shocking to the average person in America? Even the deplorables won't be shocked by that because they've already been begging in the streets in the form of being so much in debt as to be unable to ever get out of it, losing their homes, visiting food banks in order to eat, and on and on. They don't see their neediness and indebtedness as 'begging' but that's what it is. They, unfortunately, will never be cured of their ignorance in that realm because that would make them like 'those people' and, in their own minds, they'll never be like 'those people'.

Deplorables be deplorable-ing.

by Anonymousreply 421May 13, 2018 6:57 AM

R409, you don't need the votes of those idiots; you need the votes of the dems and independents who sat out the last election.

by Anonymousreply 422May 13, 2018 8:25 AM

Don't forget about me, guys! I have quite a large penis!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 423May 13, 2018 8:50 AM

Had to chime in to praise the post from R396 . Absolutely on the money.

by Anonymousreply 424May 13, 2018 10:37 AM

CNN with Jake Tapper has on Bernie Sanders this morning. Sanders is the CNN regular for interviews, debates, town hall, special features, etc.

Tapper is also the chosen forum for Kellyanne Conway spin.

Where are the registered Democrats on CNN speaking for the party?

by Anonymousreply 425May 13, 2018 10:52 AM

Yes, another fan here of R396.

by Anonymousreply 426May 13, 2018 10:53 AM

Jake Tapper is a notorious BernieBro, so this is hardly a surprise.

by Anonymousreply 427May 13, 2018 10:54 AM

I wonder when Jake Tapper will ask Bernie about the Russian involvement in his campaign, or how his campaign hacked into the DNC and stole Hillary's ddonor lists, or how the FBI probes into his and his wife's finances are going, or when Bernie had his "conversion" to support gun safety measures, after decades of opposing them, or why, if he voted against immigration reform to "save American jobs" he didn't also vote in favor of the Auto Industry bail out to "save American Jobs" or why he screams about Wall Street after voting in favor of Wall Street deregulation, and why he tried so hard to sabotage and resist the passage of the Affordable Care Act? Just asking for a friend.

by Anonymousreply 428May 13, 2018 11:51 AM

For years Republicans have successfully made American voters feel dissatisfied. No matter how well the economy was going, they always exploited the dissatisfaction real or imaginary. People are never satisfied. They always feel like someone else is getting something for nothing and they are missing out. The GOP has done an excellent job of developing the "Grievance voter" and the Dems need to learn to do a little of that. Right now a lot of people are nervous about Trump. He scares people. Not his addled brained MAGAs but the Indies for sure. Dems need to exploit fears. it works.

by Anonymousreply 429May 13, 2018 11:53 AM

I have a sense that a lot of Trump voters—especially those in the "deplorable" category—embrace their abjection, cling to their grievances. Maybe some of them just haven't experienced anything better and don't expect it. Their business fails because there are no more immigrant laborers, their kids get shot up by a nutjob with an automatic weapon, whatever: they don't like it, to be sure, but they accept it and somehow fit the event into their preconceived worldview in which "others" are a menace and their chosen authority figure can do no wrong. It's an authoritarian—or, more primitively, tribalistic—mindset.

Fortunately they're in the minority, and there are still some Trump voters who will change their minds, as well as a lot of non-voters who will get out there and vote—as recent elections have shown—because they *aren't* complacent and content with whatever lot a bloated plutocratic con artist throws their way.

by Anonymousreply 430May 13, 2018 12:24 PM

R429, the Democrats are the actively Anti-White Party.

Your platform of "white people need to breed only with black people so we can eradicate the white race" isn't a very appealing one to the majority of voters in the USA.

The next Democratic Presidential candidate is going to have to at least PRETEND to like working class whites.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 431May 13, 2018 12:26 PM

Yes, that's the main point, R430. They are in the minority. Thank you! They have a big megaphone, but they are small in number. If they were more confident they wouldn't need to suppress the vote or gerrymander or lie cheat and steal to "win" an election. We can beat them. We need to stop dithering and go for it.

by Anonymousreply 432May 13, 2018 12:28 PM

It doesn’t matter what the democrats do.

The republicans are working with a foreign country to steal our elections. So what can they really do?

It’s difficult for dems to fight repugs AND a foreign enemy that is very motivated.

It’s not a fair fight.

by Anonymousreply 433May 13, 2018 12:59 PM

R431 illustrates another one of the right wing's bizarre fixations. They're unable to think in pluralistic terms or terms of basic sharing. Any talk of equality and fair treatment for everyone they hear as an existentialist threat against their group. You say "don't discriminate," they hear "eliminate the white race by miscegenation!" They deal in stark boundaries of identity; life for them is a zero-sum, all-or-nothing race. This attitude has no place in any adult society, but whoever said right-wingers are adults?

by Anonymousreply 434May 13, 2018 1:01 PM

Why don’t democrats frame this as a mass brainwashing, internally at least.

They are fighting the wrong fight.

If you get people off the propaganda then maybe they can think for themselves again.

The constant brainwashing from the right wing is at a whole new level. We are at full zombie.

by Anonymousreply 435May 13, 2018 1:04 PM

[quote]The republicans are working with a foreign country to steal our elections. So what can they really do?

No, they are not. That is a lie spun by Podesta and Mook to explain their $1.5 billion failure of a campaign.

Mueller's case is unraveling rapidly.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 436May 13, 2018 1:05 PM

R436—If you’re familiar with federal investigations, you’re misleading on purpose by declaring “unraveling.” If you’re not familiar with the subject, why post as though you are?

by Anonymousreply 437May 13, 2018 1:08 PM

"Treason is when you employ the FBI to spy on your political opponent, and you all abuse your powers in hopes of overthrowing a legally elected President should be happen to defeat your candidate. "

Jeez, r360, I don't think that sounded good even in the original Russian...

No vodka ration for you.

by Anonymousreply 438May 13, 2018 1:15 PM

This all reminds me of other countries. America was always different.

Did all those solders who fought for her freedoms and ideals die for nothing?

by Anonymousreply 439May 13, 2018 1:35 PM

Massive gaslighting is more like it R436

by Anonymousreply 440May 13, 2018 1:39 PM

AM radio is on a new level as well. They just lie now, and don’t bother with stretching the truth. Making up stuff from whole cloth is the new m.o.

by Anonymousreply 441May 13, 2018 1:51 PM

"Mother" Pence extends Mother's Day greetings.

She just received a honorary Doctor of Public Service degree from the Hannity-promoting Hillsdale College where her husband gave the commencement speech.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 442May 13, 2018 2:21 PM

Tapper hates Clinton due to an encounter he had with ber years ago.

by Anonymousreply 443May 13, 2018 2:37 PM

[quote]Where are the registered Democrats on CNN speaking for the party?

I've heard numerous news hosts say it's tough to get Democratic leaders to come on their programs. I'm not sure what the political strategy behind it is.

by Anonymousreply 444May 13, 2018 2:37 PM

Hot Daddy tricked by The DEVIL, Trump!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 445May 13, 2018 2:51 PM

The National Review article at R436 is an example of how the Rethuglicans are treating Mueller's Russia investigation as if it were a political campaign. They have taken facts and spun them into having far greater implications than is warranted. The author even acknowledges that Judge Ellis is unlikely to toss the case.

by Anonymousreply 446May 13, 2018 3:04 PM

r446......but the lie is put out there unchallenged.....so the damage is already taking effect.

The GOP puts lies into the public domain, and not only repeat the lies, but they pay people to propagate them and to attest to them as if they were true.....remember Joe, the plumber ?......by the time the Dems find the balls to counter them, the damage is done. The Dems need to be more proactive, and when the lies are stated, pounce on them and decry them IMMEDIATELY.....not days or weeks later after its been spread around. Look at how effective it was when Nunes released his memo and his IC report....the Dems were on it that second and it controlled the damage immensely .....had they waited a few days like they typically do, the damage would have been 1000x greater.

by Anonymousreply 447May 13, 2018 3:06 PM

[quote]The author even acknowledges that Judge Ellis is unlikely to toss the case.

Judge Ellis can't wait to try the case. Mueller is the one who does not want his own phony indictments leading to actual trials. Mueller tried to get the trial postponed on the grounds that the defendants had not been properly served. Meanwhile, the defendants are begging to go to trial immediately! Mueller never expected any of his "thirteen Russians" to ever show up in court.

by Anonymousreply 448May 13, 2018 3:09 PM

Exactly, R447, you have to counterpunch or you're just allowing them to catch their breath for the next round of lies.

by Anonymousreply 449May 13, 2018 3:12 PM

Swalwell, Schiff, S. Brown, Harris, Kaine, Warner, Whitehouse, Wyden, Castro, and several others, do well when they speak on TV. Often it is about one issue related to the proliferation of DJT's created mess. Several of them are running for re-election and may be guarded as to exposure and topics.

Schumer is certainly not a populist, and has strong ties to the Wall Street apparatus and othe special interests. He's more of an internal Senate power operative, and his criticisms of Trump are usually measured.

Pelosi apparently does well keeping House Democrats focused but is not smooth before the camera. Age is a factor.

Sanders, officially Independent, has his stump speeches and talking points that have been re-hashed for decades, i. e. Wall Street greed, regulating big banks, free tuition, anti-trade deals, etc. Yet, his taxation math does not add up, and he has never delivered strategies and methodology foe getting any of it though the House and Senate, a body of which he has been a long-time member, and whereby his voting record has sometimes been contradictory to what he espouses. Sanders and Rand Paul were the only two Senators that opposed the new sanctions on Russia, which Trump shown blatant reluctance to implement.

There is a point in saying the Democrats don't have one person that stands out as the prime spokesperson/leader. That may not emerge until after the midterms this year, and the 2020 primary season begins.

by Anonymousreply 450May 13, 2018 3:19 PM

r448....keep telling yourself that Hon.....Mueller stated in open court that he was ready to go to trial NOW....and that was on their first appearance before the judge.....its the defendants that are stalling. The only time Mueller has asked for was for actual sentencing because he needs to use the defendants against other defendants and it prevents them from changing their stories after the fact.

by Anonymousreply 451May 13, 2018 3:20 PM

[quote] Judge Ellis can't wait to try the case. Mueller is the one who does not want his own phony indictments leading to actual trials.

Sigh.

R448, you are talking about the wrong trial, genius. Judge Ellis sits in the ED of Virginia and is presiding over the Manafort trial taking place there. There is nothing phony about the indictment.

by Anonymousreply 452May 13, 2018 3:27 PM

[quote]Mueller is the one who does not want his own phony indictments leading to actual trials. Mueller tried to get the trial postponed on the grounds that the defendants had not been properly served.

LOL.... Oh, you poor thing. You have it exactly backwards and you're talking about the wrong trial! You can't even get your basic facts right, much less your ... creative ... interpretation of those facts.

by Anonymousreply 453May 13, 2018 3:38 PM

I see the trolls are out in full force this morning!

by Anonymousreply 454May 13, 2018 4:33 PM

R409 let the dumb eastern shore trumpers lose it all. Maybe they will wake up when their property is foreclosed. #sadnotsad

by Anonymousreply 455May 13, 2018 4:45 PM

This one is pretty seriously disturbed, R454. His other posts, for example, show that he's a 9/11 truther and that "Democrats are the actively Anti-White Party" whose platform is "white people need to breed only with black people so we can eradicate the white race."

He also thinks that the Russia investigation stems from "a lie spun by Podesta and Mook to explain their $1.5 billion failure of a campaign" and that "Mueller is the one who does not want his own phony indictments leading to actual trials" and that "Mueller's case is unraveling rapidly."

Except that he can't quite make up his mind about the Russia investigation, since he also insists that "the Mueller Probe is actually investigating the Uranium One deal" and that "Treason is selling your nation's uranium reserves to your enemies." And that: "Putin and Iran are now threatening the USA with the very nuclear weaponry built with the uranium Obama, Hillary, and John Kerry sold to Russia." Seriously, this is some laugh-out-loud bullshit.

Oh, and he's a Trump fan who insists that "Everyone who voted for Trump knew he was a playboy billionaire who banged hookers. We don't care. We'll vote for him again and so will everyone who does not want to see their taxes go up."

And, to nobody's surprise, he's an anti-Semite, but I'm not going to bother to quote those idiotic comments.

by Anonymousreply 456May 13, 2018 4:56 PM

Hotty Avenatti is at it again this morning. Does anyone know what happened on Dec 12?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 457May 13, 2018 5:29 PM

I guess the question here is who did Flynn and Cohen meet with that day, and why?

Avenetti must know something for sure, otherwise I don't think he would make these kind of implications.

by Anonymousreply 458May 13, 2018 6:03 PM

From Benjamin Wittes/Susan Hennessey: Here's the thread that got Devin Nunes so worked up

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 459May 13, 2018 6:27 PM

My niece ( who works for AT&T) said that all of the employees received a letter from the President of AT&T apologizing for having anything to do with Cohen. The company is claiming they knew nothing about his shady ways and want their employees to know that they do not support pay for play and all that.

She said people at AT&T were super pissed off when they found out about the payments to Cohen, since many of them are Liberal (the majority that she knows).

by Anonymousreply 460May 13, 2018 7:37 PM

Yes 459. There is growing concern that Devin Nunes having access to classified and investigative material will get intelligence agents and informants killed.

Paul Ryan refuses to change this situation.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 461May 13, 2018 7:44 PM

[quote]There is growing concern that Devin Nunes having access to classified and investigative material will get intelligence agents and informants killed.

I think the DOJ is setting a trap here. The DOJ must be anticipating Nunez and Gowdy leaking most of the information back to the WH. When they do, they'll probably bring charges against them.

by Anonymousreply 462May 13, 2018 7:55 PM

It would be so great if Mueller's team was setting up a straw prosecution just to trap Nunes. Treat this the way they would an internal corruption probe.

Probably too much to ask. But Mueller is smart enough to take these expected leaks into account. Most likely he simply uses procedural tricks to delay releasing info to Congress until they have what they need from witnesses/informants so that leaks won't do too much damage.

by Anonymousreply 463May 13, 2018 8:06 PM

Why do you think Nunes backed off last week ?......he demanded the info, had the meeting....only to reschedule.....funny, the resheduling only happened after it became public that the DOJ is on to them and stories started circulating that Nunes and his staff are under investigation themselves.

by Anonymousreply 464May 13, 2018 8:07 PM

I would like Susan to soften her hairstyle.

by Anonymousreply 465May 13, 2018 8:09 PM

So the embassy is opening up in Israel, tomorrow. I wish someone with serious bombs would drop a bomb on it.

by Anonymousreply 466May 13, 2018 8:26 PM

How is that possible r466....they have to build it first.

by Anonymousreply 467May 13, 2018 8:27 PM

#MPRCGA. Trump is overruling his own administration and working to undo sanctions against Chinese phone company, ZTE. ZTE faced two charges: the first is that it violated U.S. sanctions, sharing technology with, among other countries, Iran and North Korea. And, second, that its phones contained a back door that it could use to spy on its customers, with concerns raised by the heads of the NSA, FBI, and CIA.

The U.S. slapped $900 million in fines on ZTE and banned U.S. companies from selling components to the Chinese company. ZTE apparently took this to the Chinese leadership, which reached out to the easily-manipulated Trump, who subsequently tweeted:

[quote]President Xi of China, and I, are working together to give massive Chinese phone company, ZTE, a way to get back into business, fast. Too many jobs in China lost. Commerce Department has been instructed to get it done!

Yes, because the primary goal of the U.S. President is to make sure that no Chinese jobs are lost.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 468May 13, 2018 9:06 PM

R467, it's a temporary location. They haven't identified the final location or built the embassy.

by Anonymousreply 469May 13, 2018 9:07 PM

Michelle Obama's "...we go high" bromide might be fine for elementary school, but it is useless to the point of dangerous in politics.

by Anonymousreply 470May 13, 2018 9:35 PM

I have an awesome ZTE Axon 7, so I'm a tad torn on the subject.

by Anonymousreply 471May 13, 2018 9:38 PM

Like torn in the backdoor spy access they have for you, R471?

by Anonymousreply 472May 13, 2018 9:44 PM

But everything's fine because Kim Jong Un "shares the objectives of the American people."

[quote]“When I said earlier this week that I think Chairman Kim shares the objectives of the American people, I am convinced of that,” Pompeo told “Fox News Sunday” host Chris Wallace. “Now the task is for President Trump and he to meet to validate the process by which this would go forward, to set out those markers so that we can negotiate this outcome.”

[quote]“We have a shared vision for what we hope when this process is completed the Korean Peninsula looks like,” Pompeo said on Friday. “We have a good understanding, and I think there is complete agreement about what the ultimate objectives are.”

Isn't it great how Kim Jong Un is Making America Great Again?

by Anonymousreply 473May 13, 2018 9:48 PM

R471 ZTE is an easy whipping dog. Huawei is the bigger and more formidable global player. Trump always picks the weaker one to bully. Of course, banning ZTE also hurt the sales of American chip makers and other component makers who sell to ZTE.

R472 You are assuming R471 is worth spying on.

by Anonymousreply 474May 13, 2018 9:50 PM

The answer to Avenatti's riddle:

@MichaelAvenatti 9m9 minutes ago

Why was Ahmed Al-Rumaihi meeting with Michael Cohen and Michael Flynn in December 2016 and why did Mr. Al-Rumaihi later brag about bribing administration officials according to a sworn declaration filed in court?

by Anonymousreply 475May 13, 2018 9:52 PM

Miss Lindsey is in Israel for the ceremony. She's been tweeting from there. Your taxpayer dollars for these junkets at work.

John Hagee and a bunch of anti-gay, the Rapture anticipating, mega-church shake-downers are there as well. It's a Mother's Day treat for them all.

by Anonymousreply 476May 13, 2018 9:58 PM

The Chinese have told Kim Jong Un to flatter Trump relentlessly.

Kim to Trump:

"Mr. Trump you are a great leader. You do great deals. Your hand are huge and strong. You must have huge, huge, penis. I am so, so jealous."

Kim Jong Un will end up owning South Korea, Japan, Alaska, and Hawaii, and keep his nukes. In exchange, Kim agrees to the erecting of a Trump hotel in Pyongyang.

by Anonymousreply 477May 13, 2018 10:19 PM

[quote]In exchange, Kim agrees to the erecting of a Trump hotel in Pyongyang.

Don't need to. Just put his name on this one:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 478May 13, 2018 10:27 PM

Short article which clarifies what Avenatti revealed today.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 479May 13, 2018 11:19 PM

r475.....highly suspicious considering that the global fund he runs bought a 19 % share in Rosneft.......

Remember what the Dossier said about Trump and Rosneft.... in exchange for lifting Sanctions Trump was to get 19%. Meanwhile this man’s company got 19% and for some reason he (if this is him) was at Trump Tower.

Is he the middle man ?......Did Putin arrange for him to administer the funds/shares until Trump delivered on sanction ? (hes done pretty well so far contrary to the drivel he and his talking heads spout publicly)

by Anonymousreply 480May 13, 2018 11:23 PM

Mueller is looking into Cohen’s attempted shake down of Ford Company. Cohen is in deep shit.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 481May 14, 2018 12:05 AM

Considering how incredibly fucked Michael Cohen is, I wouldn't be surprised if he tried to do something desperate like flee or off himself (or pretend to). He hasn't been charged with anything yet, so they wouldn't have pulled his passport.

Every day there is a new revelation of some other crime that he is involved with. He must be beyond despondent at this point.

by Anonymousreply 482May 14, 2018 1:03 AM

In the 1970s my sister came home one night — she was just stopping by on her way out with her friends. She was about 20 or 21. She mostly lived at her boyfriend’s house.

“Do you have the tv on? Did you hear about it?”

“Hear about what?”

“In NJ! They say something has landed. A UFO. The police are approaching it now,”

I said, “You asshole! It’s Halloween! The local rock station is playing War of the Worlds! They do it every year, like they play Alice’s Restaurant every thanksgiving.”

I mean seriously. - I understand she was high, but still! It was a broadcast from 1939 and it sounded like a 1930s broadcast. I remember thinking, “How can anyone be so dumb.”

She’s a deplorable today. She loves Trump. And she’s from NY. Naturally, she lives in FL now.

by Anonymousreply 483May 14, 2018 1:22 AM

The Washington Examiner says Trump complains about the Cohen raids about 20 times a day.

Good! Keep that blood pressure high, jackass.

by Anonymousreply 484May 14, 2018 1:25 AM

Can someone please remind me how any of this leads to impeachment? Trump will just deny he had any knowledge of this activity, and the Democratic Party is rapidly losing any advantage for November

by Anonymousreply 485May 14, 2018 1:35 AM

r485....you cant be that willfully ignorant......Do you honestly believe, with all the information that is public, that Mueller doesnt have hard evidence to back it up ?

by Anonymousreply 486May 14, 2018 1:41 AM

No one is losing any advantages, R485. In fact, a lot more women and POC are running than ever before and effectively. We've held our ground and gained some, in fact. 'Rapidly?' A bit on the excessive side, don't you think?

by Anonymousreply 487May 14, 2018 1:42 AM

But what is the evidence that indicts Trump? Not seeing it and I am sad to say it

by Anonymousreply 488May 14, 2018 1:53 AM

Just got to follow the money...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 489May 14, 2018 1:56 AM

[quote] please remind me how any of this leads to impeachment?

Seriously? First, he admitted on national television to Lester Holt that he fired Comey to stop the Russia investigation. His "brilliant" lawyer Rudy the Ghoul admitted that he fired Comey because Comey wouldn't confirm that Trump wasn't a target of the investigation. He asked Comey to "let go" of the Flynn investigation -- one that resulted in an indictment and a guilty plea.

That leaves aside all of the corruption and simply touches on a piece of the obstruction allegation.

The question is not should he be removed from office, but rather why is he still there?

by Anonymousreply 490May 14, 2018 2:06 AM

R488 If his attorney does illegal things in his name for years, there will bound to be a paper trail. It is true Trump and his legion of enablers will obfuscate and delay any legal prosecution in the name of the presidency. That is the problem with the American system, that partisan politics can make someone above the law for far longer than is prudent even if there is damning evidence. The obvious solution is to first strip Trump of his political cover by voting in a Dem Congress this Nov. Otherwise, he can last to the 2020 election. But he might want to die in office, because once he leaves it, the justice system will come for him.

by Anonymousreply 491May 14, 2018 2:12 AM

Mueller 1) hasn't finished his investigation, 2) hasn't presented his case, and 3) has not leaked anything. Yet trolls keep crowing that they haven't "seen" proof of anything so this is all a big nothingburger.

Begone to Daily Caller with your stupidity. You're not fooling anyone.

by Anonymousreply 492May 14, 2018 2:19 AM

Whenever I see certain comments that are suspect I always just check the person's history and sure enough it will be their only post.

Hm. Wonder why that is, R485?

by Anonymousreply 493May 14, 2018 2:20 AM

My hope is that Mueller will frame and present his findings in such a way that can be easily understood by the American public. Americans that seem to be undereducated, irrationally religious and outright dolts.

by Anonymousreply 494May 14, 2018 2:22 AM

[quote]But what is the evidence that indicts Trump? Not seeing it and I am sad to say it

Well, dear, why don't you call Mueller's office and ask to see it? They probably just forgot to email you your copy of the evidence gathered thus far in the middle of an investigation.

by Anonymousreply 495May 14, 2018 2:58 AM

[quote]oleaginous Mike Pence

LOL!

by Anonymousreply 496May 14, 2018 2:59 AM

From the beginning of this administration, the money trail derives from Trump’s share of the the Rosneft deal. Avenatti is drawing attention to this today with his tweets about the Qatari fund manager, the largest Rosneft shareholder. Rosneft is only successful, paying out enormous sums, if the Russian sanctions are voided or ignored. Funny, the trump crime family is playing along....

by Anonymousreply 497May 14, 2018 3:22 AM

R265 is new to DL.

by Anonymousreply 498May 14, 2018 3:24 AM

[quote]The former White House official called the trouble caused by Hannity, and Fox more broadly, “a fucked-up feedback loop” that puts Trump “in a weird headspace. What ends up happening is Judge Jeanine or Hannity fill him up with a bunch of crazy shit, and everyone on staff has to go and knock down all the fucking fires they started.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 499May 14, 2018 3:35 AM

r488.....this thread will lay it all out for you......

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 500May 14, 2018 3:50 AM

The point is none of this matters to deplorables or Republicans writ large. They are into Trump until the economy tanks

by Anonymousreply 501May 14, 2018 5:00 AM

The world doesn't revolve around Deplorables or Republicans writ large. Just because they refuse to accept the fact that they support a common, white collar criminal doesn't mean the rest of the world has to follow "their lead".

Call me elitist or something, but these Deplorables and Republicans can fuck right off and crawl back under their rocks, where they came from ages ago, and these rocks should never be disturbed to keep them there.

by Anonymousreply 502May 14, 2018 5:09 AM

r502....the best way to do that is to win the majorities of both the house and senate.....then shun them as a party.....ignore their demands, ignore their protests and shut them down. Give them no voice.

by Anonymousreply 503May 14, 2018 5:34 AM

Streisand 2020

by Anonymousreply 504May 14, 2018 5:45 AM

[quote]The former White House official called the trouble caused by Hannity, and Fox more broadly, “a fucked-up feedback loop” that puts Trump “in a weird headspace. What ends up happening is Judge Jeanine or Hannity fill him up with a bunch of crazy shit, and everyone on staff has to go and knock down all the fucking fires they started.”

Terrifying we have a turd sitting in the WH who is so gullible and takes the opinions of talking windbags, not experts, as advice and facts.

by Anonymousreply 505May 14, 2018 1:42 PM

The Insane are running the Asylum. Why is it that when that happens in the movies it's cute and charming, but......

by Anonymousreply 506May 14, 2018 2:45 PM

People, as a little comfort I'll offer some history. Nixon. Most people had no idea what "Watergate" was. Seriously. A lot of time passed before the Post had some company. The Times got on board fairly quickly back then when they had real journalists and more importantly, a serious editorial staff. TV coverage was almost nil, and the three news networks treated it as some burglary.

Nixon went to China. Historic trip. First U.S. President to visit Communist China. Did I say Historic? Lots of coverage. Great visuals. Nixon traveled to Russia. He and Brezhnev got a long well. Buddies. There was Kissinger doing shuttle diplomacy meeting in Paris with the leaders of North Viet Nam, etc. trying to to the whole "Peace with Honor" thing (our way of saying we lost. ) Our soldiers were starting to come back home.

The rioting in our cities was winding down, our college campuses were starting to become less volatile after the horrific debacle at Kent State in Ohio. (May, 1972.) Our seasons of political assassinations were drawing to a close: JFK, RFK, MLK,Jr. Malcolm X, Medgar Evers, etc. all gone, J. Edgar Hoover, who was very close friends with Nixon, (not in that way.) was happily trying on dresses, and Teddy Kennedy killed himself, a political death to be sure, one July night in 1969.

Nixon had everything going for him. He was going to get re-elected, no problem. In 1972, it looked as if he was unstoppable. Our economy wasn't great, but Nixon was trying to spend his way out of it (not your typical Republican) . We had rising unemployment and we had inflation, we had a deficit, and we had some vague problems with the rising price of oil. We had no idea all of that would bite us in the ass very soon. (Gerry Ford had monstrous inflation and lines, long lines, at the gas pumps because we actually ran out of gas, literally. But that was a few years later.)

But whatever. As far as Nixon was concerned life was good, problems were manageable. He did win re-election easily. But by August 9, 1974, Nixon was gone. Disgraced. Over. If you map it from the burglary in 1972, until August 1974, it didn't take that long for everything to turn to shit from his self-inflicted wounds. Trump is riding high now. But as Sir Isaac Newton said, in the mid 1600's, "What goes up, must come down." It is an immutable fact of nature.

by Anonymousreply 507May 14, 2018 3:03 PM

r502 I agree. My point with the crab fisherman story was these people are not reachable. They're not just racist and homophobic and hateful, they're stupid. The evidence of the con man conning them can be right in front of their faces and they either choose to ignore it or don't have the critical thinking skills to put it all together.

I don't give a damn what ignorant, dumbass Deplorabes want. They've been coddled for too long and that's why we're in this mess now.

by Anonymousreply 508May 14, 2018 3:29 PM

R58, it's not all stupidity. They just hate to admit they're wrong. It has been proven time and again, if there are people who believe something, or have an opinion about something, and you confront them with FACTS that prove they're wrong, they will simply dig in, and completely reject your facts and they will not change their opinion or admit they were wrong. They have to discover something for themselves that allows them to control the narrative and find something to be "right" about.

by Anonymousreply 509May 14, 2018 4:05 PM

Brainwashed people are reprogrammed people (duh). You can't present them with facts and undo all the programming that way. You may see the facts as facts, but the brainwashed people see the same evidence as FAKE NEWS, lies, etc. Religions, cults, politics, media, hell! even companies these days use brainwashing methods to manipulate people to see things differently. I believe the only way to treat this re-programming is with a total reboot of the mind to an infant stage and fill it with the necessary info how to rely on one's critical thinking skills.

by Anonymousreply 510May 14, 2018 4:26 PM

Does anyone else think Trey Gowdy may have met with Mueller's investigators about Paul Ryan,Devin Nunes, and the Russian money? I find Gowdy hateful after the way he treated Hillary. But I also believe his resignation and statements he's made since then make him someone who might still believe in the law. He was a former prosecutor. Maybe Gowdy doesn't want to burn his bridges by publicly criticizing Ryan. But he may have gone behind his back.

by Anonymousreply 511May 14, 2018 4:38 PM

Everything Gowdy has said and done recently suggests he’s trying to walk a fine line. He’s smarter than Nunes (who isn’t?) so it might just be a case of him seeing what’s coming down the pike and trying to get ahead of it. But who knows?

by Anonymousreply 512May 14, 2018 4:58 PM

[quote] the horrific debacle at Kent State in Ohio. (May, 1972.)

Kent State was 1970

by Anonymousreply 513May 14, 2018 5:37 PM

Thank you so much for that summary and info. 570. Let's hope the same scenario plays out with a Trump. I think it just might with people like Avenatti and others.

by Anonymousreply 514May 14, 2018 5:58 PM

[quote] he American public. Americans that seem to be undereducated, irrationally religious and outright dolts.

I was just thinking about how dumb Americans are because of John Kelly talking about immigrants with a 5th-6th grade education and being from rural areas.

Both sets of my grandparents had 5th-6th grade educations and only 1 set were immigrants. My native born grandparents were rural and they needed to learn to read, write and do basic arithmetic. And they had beautiful handwriting. The Palmer method. Plus they could print as well.

But today’s generation of teachers and students are too dumb to teach/learn script. I learned both at the same time in first grade (plus we were required to use pens, not pencils). My public school cousins didn’t start learning script until third grade, but at least they learned it.

Look at the handwriting — I mean hand printing — of the average 20 year old male and it’s teensy tiny chicken scrawl. Looking at historical records in those “finding your roots” tv shows, the handwriting and signatures on marriage certificates, citizenship certificates, birth certificates, bible entries shows very bold handwriting compared to today’s chicken scratch. And they learned script as well as print back then. But teachers simply can’t teach today’s children handwriting because keyboards.

American teachers and students have it easy today and can’t be bothered to expend a little energy learning new things that require intellectual skill and dexterity. No wonder they live by the propaganda spewed by Fox, Clear Channel and a billion idiotic net sites.

by Anonymousreply 515May 14, 2018 5:59 PM

Our education system has contributed significantly to our ignorance. I was required to learn American History and government before I was allowed to graduate. I was required to know how to read, to take not only English, but English grammar and Phonetics and spelling. I took what was probably a freshman in college level economic class when I was in the 11th and the 12th grade. We were far from perfect.Foreign languages weren't taught until 9th or 10th grade. But we knew the Classics, and we understood grammar. Today, most people are completely clueless about the purpose or the function of government or the fact that being in a Democratic Republic (representative government) requires more of us than just showing up to vote.

by Anonymousreply 516May 14, 2018 6:46 PM

My mother was a schoolteacher in Ohio and she was convinced that the various Republicans running things at the state, county and city levels were actively trying to make their students less capable of independent thought so that they’d be easier to govern and more apt to support the GOP's unsupportable positions.

At the time, I thought she sounded like a crazy conspiracy theorist, but now...

by Anonymousreply 517May 14, 2018 6:55 PM

oleaginous

I hadn't heard that word in years. I checked the meaning and my recollection matched, though I was not certain. Thanks to the DLer who posted it.

by Anonymousreply 518May 14, 2018 7:50 PM

Lindsey, meeting with John Hagee doesn't make one straight. Hagee is vigorously anti-gay in his hateful rhetoric.

Stop the charade, please.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 519May 14, 2018 8:01 PM

FFS.....Theyre finally talking about Avenattis tweets last night....hes on Nicole Wallace right now.....and theyre all "what does it mean ", "It could be anything", It doesnt mean anything suspicious"........I swear some of these people Jeremy Bash, etc are really too cautious for their own good....and its not helping. MA is "What do you think it means "

by Anonymousreply 520May 14, 2018 8:23 PM

[quote]My mother was a schoolteacher in Ohio and she was convinced that the various Republicans running things at the state, county and city levels were actively trying to make their students less capable of independent thought

I've always thought that the Democratic party would dearly love for American voters to be smarter and the Republican party would love them to be even dumber.

by Anonymousreply 521May 14, 2018 8:28 PM

Watergate was nothing in comparison. The corruption of the Trump administration would make Nixon blush.

by Anonymousreply 522May 14, 2018 8:28 PM

avenatti needs to reach over the desk and slap some sense into Jeremy

by Anonymousreply 523May 14, 2018 8:28 PM

Jeremy Bash is Dana Bash's first husband, before she married and divorced John King.

by Anonymousreply 524May 14, 2018 8:54 PM

I bet Trump is going to move on Mueller Wednesday after the midterms,no matter how thy come out.

by Anonymousreply 525May 14, 2018 8:56 PM

R525 If the Dems win Congress, it would be a moot point, they will nail Trump no matter what. If by some miracle/conspiracy, they don't, then he could struggle through the next two years, but the dark cloud will still hang over his head even after Mueller is gone.

by Anonymousreply 526May 14, 2018 9:02 PM

[quote]I bet Trump is going to move on Mueller Wednesday after the midterms,no matter how thy come out.

You mean, he's going to move on Mueller like a bitch.

Remember, he moves on people like a bitch.

by Anonymousreply 527May 14, 2018 10:44 PM

R518? It was George Will who wrote it. You need to read his recent polemic on Pence -- you'll love it.

by Anonymousreply 528May 14, 2018 11:10 PM

[quote]Watergate was nothing in comparison. The corruption of the Trump administration would make Nixon blush.

Speaking of Nixon, why didn't the investigation go on after Ford pardoned him. State prosecutors could still have nailed him. Why didn't this happen?

by Anonymousreply 529May 14, 2018 11:26 PM

This lawyer dude is doing the media’s work. It’s a shame.

by Anonymousreply 530May 14, 2018 11:45 PM

The media is just another page in an oligarch's portfolio. They knew they had to buy it all up to kill it. They turned this, our health care system, and everything they touch into trash.

by Anonymousreply 531May 14, 2018 11:58 PM

[quote] Speaking of Nixon, why didn't the investigation go on after Ford pardoned him. State prosecutors could still have nailed him. Why didn't this happen?

Didn’t it all take place in DC, which is not a state?

Also, Republicans wanted to “heal the country.” (snicker)

by Anonymousreply 532May 15, 2018 12:06 AM

There weren't as many Deplorables in the age of Nixon, were there?

by Anonymousreply 533May 15, 2018 12:15 AM

[quote] This lawyer dude is doing the media’s work. It’s a shame.

He went to George Washington University for law school. George Washington, Catholic University, Georgetown and American University is where a lot of spooks went to school. Those schools funneled a lot of people into the CIA. Avenatti knows lots of people in intelligence. As a law student, he worked with Jonathan Turley on constitutional issues having to do with FISA. He’s a democratic operative who is an expert on opposition research. He knows a lotta people. A lotta. He’s a messenger for them. And it’s working beautifully so far (knock wood).

by Anonymousreply 534May 15, 2018 12:16 AM

What kind of law is Tiffany studying?

by Anonymousreply 535May 15, 2018 12:19 AM

Well I don't recall either Nixon or his cronies committing crimes that were not federal crimes. But this is different. This involves business deals, real estate fraud, money laundering, etc. This is serious crime. These people are criminals. Not saying Nixon's abuse of power, dirty tricks, slush funds, break ins, using the IRA to "punish" adversaries, his enemies list, etc. aren't criminal acts, but they are all tied to his presidency, where Trump's crimes are much broader than the Presidency. Trump is so totally evil he has al ready jeopardized national security, etc. and then consider what Mueller's discovered,we're seeing a level of corruption we never imagined in the history of our country.

by Anonymousreply 536May 15, 2018 12:35 AM

Funny thing, Jonathan Turley who mentored Avenatti is a Fox News contributor who brought a lawsuit on behalf of House Republicans against President Barack Obama for overreach. He’s a constant, droning attacker of liberals, democrats, the left, etc. He doesn’t seem to see the difference between your average college student and Antifa

by Anonymousreply 537May 15, 2018 12:46 AM

I am fucking sick and tired of the cable networks repeatedly running clips of Trump speeches. even MSNBC constantly features Trump rallies under the guise of show how many lies and contradictory messages . We know he lies. Moving on, tell us some fucking news and stop saturating the airwaves with all Trump ll the time.

by Anonymousreply 538May 15, 2018 12:51 AM

In one of DJT to Hannity, after a 10pm weeknight phone call, their brainstorming led to Diamond and Silk explaining it all to the masses.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 539May 15, 2018 12:54 AM

The Daily Caller , co-owned by scum puppy Tucker Carlson- is trying to start a smear campaign against Avenatti. He's threatening to sue. I'm on his side but Seth Abramson and Olivia Nuzzi frown on his actions. WTF! Fighting Trump with Trump/Roy Cohn pit bull tactics is the only thing the idiots understand. And Avenatti says Trump is behind Tucker Carlson and the Daily Caller trying to smear him. Those god damned shitty cock sucking sons of bitches.

I'm behind Avenatti. Trump is sweating and shitting his big grandpa piss stained briefs.

by Anonymousreply 540May 15, 2018 12:59 AM

Something wrong with cock sucking?

by Anonymousreply 541May 15, 2018 1:12 AM

In that recent WaPo article, they say Trump's been complaining that he needs better TV lawyers. Every time I hear that, I keep thinking that who he needs is Michael Avenatti. Cool, handsome, well spoken and aggressive as hell. Too bad, Donnie; he’s on our side.

by Anonymousreply 542May 15, 2018 1:33 AM

Trump has Rudia (Rudy's drag name from the mid '90s). Now Rudy is Trudy one hears. Giuliani was hired to be Trump's TV lawyer. Trudy in drag really needs to go-on with CNN's Jake Tapper. Enough of Kellyanne.

by Anonymousreply 543May 15, 2018 1:51 AM

Seems Rudy has been very quiet suddenly.

by Anonymousreply 544May 15, 2018 1:56 AM

Well if bow-tie Tucker Carlson really went drag, he would look like Saundra Fluke.

Wouldn't need a wig either, and little makeup.

by Anonymousreply 545May 15, 2018 1:57 AM

[quote] Every time I hear that, I keep thinking that who he needs is Michael Avenatti. Cool, handsome, well spoken and aggressive as hell.

Trust that is what he's thinking too. Every time he sees Avenatti you just know he's thinking how he can get the hot guy to work for him.

by Anonymousreply 546May 15, 2018 2:02 AM

So fucking tired of Lawrence O'Donnell and everyone else on MSNBC breathlessly reporting, " what Donald Trump said today..." when it is the same old shit. I know it's important to keep track of some of what he's up to, but there is no judgement about what is important. He's an asshole. So today, he was an asshole again. Fine. Now, tell us about Betsy De Vos and Tell us about Pruitt and Mnuchin, and Carson, and WTF they're up to. Tell us something we don't know about Congress. Dig up some dirt on Nunes. Please. If you cant find anything serious, hype it. You know. Like "E-mails!"

by Anonymousreply 547May 15, 2018 2:05 AM

Oh shat up, Donald has me on his side and I am an attractive lady lawyer.

by Anonymousreply 548May 15, 2018 2:07 AM

Now The Hill is reporting- with help from Dershowitz- that Muelller has a conflict of interest. It's complicated but something to do with oligarch Deripaska spending 25 million of his own to try to help FBI get one of their agents freed from Iran. The Trump team is at war and they are going to fight dirty. This is only the beginning. It's going to get so vile and ugly.. I wish I had a crystal ball to see the outcome. But this is like something we've never seen.

by Anonymousreply 549May 15, 2018 2:37 AM

r549.....that piece is clearly marked "opinion".....it is not factual, but by throwing Dershowitz into the mix, it will make it seem legit to the deplorables and people to stupid to realize its an opinion piece.

by Anonymousreply 550May 15, 2018 2:59 AM

Any one have any thread titles for me to add to the list?

by Anonymousreply 551May 15, 2018 3:17 AM

Tomorrow's Daily News front page

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 552May 15, 2018 3:21 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 553May 15, 2018 3:28 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 554May 15, 2018 3:47 AM

His speaking is terrible. No wonder he mostly keeps his mouth shut.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 555May 15, 2018 3:52 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 556May 15, 2018 3:53 AM

It's been 362 days since Robert Mueller was appointed as special counsel by Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein to investigate Russian interference in the 2016 election and possible collusion with then-candidate Donald Trump's campaign.

Since that day, President Trump has complained/kvetched/vented about the Mueller probe approximately 7,240 times.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 557May 15, 2018 3:58 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 558May 15, 2018 4:01 AM

I wonder who Drumpf thinks about more each day... Mueller or Avennatti?

by Anonymousreply 559May 15, 2018 4:01 AM

Good question. Mueller has been a thorn in his side longer but notable by its absence is any mention of Avenatti in his tweets.

by Anonymousreply 560May 15, 2018 4:03 AM

Basta!

by Anonymousreply 561May 15, 2018 4:05 AM

I wonder who Melania thinks about more... Avenatti or Mueller?

by Anonymousreply 562May 15, 2018 4:06 AM

Be Best!

by Anonymousreply 563May 15, 2018 4:08 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 564May 15, 2018 4:09 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 565May 15, 2018 4:13 AM

According to the Post's analysis of voter records, some 26 voters who resided "in a predominantly African-American precinct that heavily favored Democrats in the fall" cast their ballots in the wrong district -- nearby HD-93. The voters lived in "seven apartment buildings built in 2016 in a fast-growing area outside the gates of Joint Base Eustis, an Army installation" and a majority had "voted since 2008 exclusively in one or more Democratic primaries," according to the Post.

A map of the district boundaries shows the buildings within the 94th District being contested by Yancey and Simonds. But the local registrar "mistakenly" placed them in the 93rd District, the registrar told the Post.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 566May 15, 2018 4:17 AM

I'm shocked that they've found new ways to cheat.

by Anonymousreply 567May 15, 2018 4:21 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 568May 15, 2018 4:23 AM

Michael Avenatti is using Trump tactics to battle Trump, a strategy that comes with risks

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 569May 15, 2018 4:28 AM

Bone Spurs calling people cowards.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 570May 15, 2018 4:29 AM

What's Lyin' Ted been up to?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 571May 15, 2018 4:32 AM

Oh God, I forgot about that. That's so gross.

by Anonymousreply 572May 15, 2018 4:34 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 573May 15, 2018 4:40 AM

I appreciate that people have so clearly articulated the rationale for impeachment. I just wished Republicans cared.

My deep thoughts: the Republicans have sold their souls to the almighty dollar.

Democrats need a more serious message than values. What about green jobs, education and saving the planet?

Bless Meryl Streep for making another timely movie, this time about international corruption (Panama Papers)

That Hawaai volcano is going to blow because the earth has to let off steam to cool down

Keep the faith

by Anonymousreply 574May 15, 2018 4:46 AM

I remember thinking that I didn't know it was possible for Cruz to get any more disgusting.

by Anonymousreply 575May 15, 2018 4:47 AM

The orange one definitely thinks about Avenatti the most. He's obsessed with pretty things.

by Anonymousreply 576May 15, 2018 4:48 AM

Melania obviously needed a break away from the WH, right?

by Anonymousreply 577May 15, 2018 4:48 AM

Sometimes I have a hard time figuring out who I hate the most in all of this.

by Anonymousreply 578May 15, 2018 4:49 AM

Nunes has to be a plant.

by Anonymousreply 579May 15, 2018 4:51 AM

R578 I hear you. It's gotten to the point where I can't even figure out who the most evil one is.

by Anonymousreply 580May 15, 2018 4:52 AM

I also like to think about how I don't know which one of them is the dumbest.

by Anonymousreply 581May 15, 2018 4:53 AM

[quote]I also like to think about how I don't know which one of them is the dumbest.

Definitely the Deplorables.

by Anonymousreply 582May 15, 2018 4:54 AM

I was just flipping past the channels and saw Tucker Carlson.

He had the following captions on his program:

Stormy Attorney STILL on Media Tour

and

Tucker Investigates CREEPY Porn Attorney.

by Anonymousreply 583May 15, 2018 4:58 AM

R583 that shows how desperate they are.

And yes, the Deplorables will eat it up.

by Anonymousreply 584May 15, 2018 5:01 AM

Link to new thread for when this one fills up.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 585May 15, 2018 5:02 AM

Someone please post the link to the new thread when this one maxes out, thanks.

by Anonymousreply 586May 15, 2018 5:02 AM

WHET Reince Priebus? There are so many douchebag characters in this epic saga that I keep wondering who's going to pop up again out of the blue. I'd bet he flipped early for Mueller. But then, I thought that about Rudy. God, the suspense is killing me! I want to finish binging this damn series but they aren't writing the script fast enough!

by Anonymousreply 587May 15, 2018 5:04 AM

Miss Lindsey is looking a little bloated at r519. I can't believe she lost her girlish figure!

by Anonymousreply 588May 15, 2018 9:04 AM

[quote]Anyone have any thread titles for me to add to the list?

Treasons, the treasons that we hear, the treasons that we fear...

by Anonymousreply 589May 15, 2018 10:21 AM

[quote]CREEPY Porn Attorney

It must eat at Trumpy that he can't tweet this regularly. It's really not enough that others do it for him. He'd crave to be seen putting alpha Avenatti down.

by Anonymousreply 590May 15, 2018 11:44 AM

[quote]Miss Lindsey is looking a little bloated at [R519]. I can't believe she lost her girlish figure!

She’s stress-eating. Can you blame her?

by Anonymousreply 591May 15, 2018 12:18 PM

Reince Priebus is alive and well, stops by the WH regularly and is busy "helping" with the Midterms. Doing fine thank you very much. He is as crooked as a corkscrew.

by Anonymousreply 592May 15, 2018 1:35 PM

Priebus is part of that Wisconsin trioka of Scott Walker and Paul Ryan. David Koch's babes.

by Anonymousreply 593May 15, 2018 4:15 PM

This One Weird Trick to Sedate Donald Trump Just Created a Whole New Problem

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 594May 15, 2018 5:04 PM

Link to new thread.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 595May 15, 2018 5:07 PM

Kellyanne's

by Anonymousreply 596May 15, 2018 5:39 PM

Pussy

by Anonymousreply 597May 15, 2018 5:41 PM

Closes

by Anonymousreply 598May 15, 2018 5:42 PM

This

by Anonymousreply 599May 15, 2018 5:42 PM

Out.

by Anonymousreply 600May 15, 2018 5:44 PM

New thread:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 601May 15, 2018 6:35 PM

In honor of Turd Carlson's CREEPY headline I nominate : [bold] CREEPY Treasons[/bold]

Or

Summer of Treason

or

Treason in HEAT

by Anonymousreply 602May 15, 2018 7:41 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!