Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Glamorous gay couple who were found dead in their $1.5million Houston home in 'murder suicide' after filing for a divorce

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 601May 11, 2018 4:38 AM

How much was their home worth?

by Anonymousreply 1May 4, 2018 11:45 PM

Being out kills.

by Anonymousreply 2May 4, 2018 11:56 PM

I don't understand, they were so successful working in cool industries and hanging out with cool people like Brooke 'Easter Island Head' Shields, plus they had a $1.5m house IN HOUSTON! Am I missing something? Did one of them have herpes?

by Anonymousreply 3May 4, 2018 11:58 PM

Were they both cut?

by Anonymousreply 4May 5, 2018 12:00 AM

Above and beyond circ status, r4, can we try to answer r3's question -- why would fabulous people leading fabulous lives, seemingly happily, suddenly decide to implode?

by Anonymousreply 5May 5, 2018 12:01 AM

It’s hard to come out of the Valley of the Dolls^

by Anonymousreply 6May 5, 2018 12:04 AM

Very sad no matter what went down.

by Anonymousreply 7May 5, 2018 12:06 AM

Some might believe Gay Guy Right is the killer who offed himself because he is not as pretty as murdered Gay Guy Left.

However, experts (nine out of ten dentists too, also) can tell that Gay Guy Left has buggy eyes that tweek even further when on Tina and it was Gay Guy Right who pushed for the divorce. Gay Guy Left lost his shit at the listing (believing it was a pocket listing. He did. He really did!) and offed Gay Guy Right.

Also, Gay Guy Right died thinking, "This just proves my mother was right about you all along."

by Anonymousreply 8May 5, 2018 12:07 AM

Pill detox is a major investment of time.

by Anonymousreply 9May 5, 2018 12:07 AM

Thanks for bringing this unfortunate story to light, OP. I'm sure that's all you were doing and not mocking the deaths of two gay men. These tragic stories can be found among marriages you would never suspect.

[quote] A loving husband and wife who enjoyed golf and travel.

[quote] A commercial airline pilot and a recently retired flight attendant who seemed happy and cared for three feral cats.

[quote] That’s how neighbors Sunday described Paul Le Poullouin, 61, and his 53-year-old wife, Claudia, who lived in a neat home in a quiet neighborhood on Southeast Merritt Way in southern Martin County.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10May 5, 2018 12:14 AM

Perhaps money doesn't buy happiness.

by Anonymousreply 11May 5, 2018 12:15 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12May 5, 2018 12:15 AM

That kielbasa cannot POSSIBLY be Old Ruiz's dick in the shorts pic.

by Anonymousreply 13May 5, 2018 12:17 AM

This could have been Colton Haynes and his hubby.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14May 5, 2018 12:19 AM

You had to do that, R12? She looks like she takes herself seriously and she's judging me.

by Anonymousreply 15May 5, 2018 12:20 AM

r3, they were getting divorced.

Likely only one wanted out, the other killed him and then himself.

I think the older on the right is the shooter.

by Anonymousreply 16May 5, 2018 12:28 AM

The smaller, older guy almost looks like he is being held hostage in the photos at the link - he looks fearful - or maybe that is just depression.

by Anonymousreply 17May 5, 2018 12:29 AM

The smaller older guy who had no known profession was the sugar daddy. The younger guy with the "glamorous" job in fact didn't make much money. All show.

by Anonymousreply 18May 5, 2018 12:33 AM

Another husband/wife tragedy. This one in San Antonio, TX

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19May 5, 2018 12:33 AM

The younger guy looks fit, like he works out a lot and he has a successful career. Why would someone in his position kill himself. I think the older guy was depressed, (facing old age alone, depressed, has no career). Do the math.

by Anonymousreply 20May 5, 2018 12:36 AM

Don't give Colton any ideas.

by Anonymousreply 21May 5, 2018 12:37 AM

Dude on the right looks like Christoph Waltz (currently age 61).

by Anonymousreply 22May 5, 2018 12:38 AM

Guns are how Americans solve their personal problems. They're both dead. No problem.

by Anonymousreply 23May 5, 2018 12:43 AM

The tragedy of a murder/suicide involving a mother and her young son.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24May 5, 2018 12:45 AM

This murder/suicide involved a boyfriend and his pregnant girlfriend. Seven months pregnant and a good looking couple. Sadly, you just never know.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25May 5, 2018 12:50 AM

"Above and beyond circ status, [R4], can we try to answer [R3]'s question -- why would fabulous people leading fabulous lives, seemingly happily, suddenly decide to implode?"

Hasn't this happened as long as "fabulous lives" have been around. Plenty of people are unhappy, even miserable underneath the facade.

by Anonymousreply 26May 5, 2018 12:50 AM

The guy on the right reminds me of that sad confused friend on Will and Grace.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27May 5, 2018 12:51 AM

Can we talk about this actual tragedy. We get that it happens to more than gay couples.

by Anonymousreply 28May 5, 2018 12:52 AM

If you google their home, it was ridiculously overbuilt for that street. You can even see it in OP's link.

by Anonymousreply 29May 5, 2018 12:52 AM

Lol - "fabulous lives" - he's schlepping face-paint and living in a 1.5M house.

by Anonymousreply 30May 5, 2018 12:54 AM

They're home pic looks like a classic example of Houston's "no zoning". That house is within walking distance to those office park looking buildings.

by Anonymousreply 31May 5, 2018 12:54 AM

[quote] Can we talk about this actual tragedy. We get that it happens to more than gay couples.

You don't want to discuss the actual tragedy, you want to make fun of them because they were gay. So fuck you and wanting to discuss your actual tragedy.

by Anonymousreply 32May 5, 2018 12:57 AM

moral of story - don't live in the same house when you've decided to split-up.

by Anonymousreply 33May 5, 2018 12:57 AM

Well, well, hall monitor, R32 has arrived.

by Anonymousreply 34May 5, 2018 12:59 AM

Viewing the pictures of the couple at Op's link, one of the pictures (where the couple was sitting in a dining booth with red seats), the younger guy was considerably chubbier that he is at op link picture - i'm wondering if the younger lost a lot of weight and then decided to trade younger, or he gained a lot of weight and sugar daddy decided he wanted thinner....

by Anonymousreply 35May 5, 2018 1:05 AM

Thank you, R28 for saying that.

Whoever is posting all these links to prove that straight white people also have issues, we know. We've been told that our whole freaking lives. This isn't lost on anyone. There are all sorts of people from all walks of life that struggle, even in situations that seem ideal. That is called the study of humanity.The understanding of human beings, regardless of who they are.

The fact that this is an attractive couple that seem to have built a fun and interesting life ended in a sad and tragic way is interesting. It's not because of any identifying characteristics. It's interesting because of the why. Life isn't easy, even for people that make it look easy. I find no joy in mocking anyone, regardless of looks, status, etc, for their struggles.

by Anonymousreply 36May 5, 2018 1:05 AM

Thank you, r36, the real question is WHY?

by Anonymousreply 37May 5, 2018 1:09 AM

[quote] The fact that this is an attractive couple that seem to have built a fun and interesting life

The key word is "seem."

These two were just a couple of the hundreds of queens across the globe maintaining a façade of wealth and happiness on social media.

by Anonymousreply 38May 5, 2018 1:09 AM

I knew a gay couple who I thought were perfect until I found mugshots after they were both arrested for beating the shit out of each other. At least the had the dignity to just break up and not kill each other.

by Anonymousreply 39May 5, 2018 1:11 AM

follow the money. no doubt they were over-extended and broke and one blamed the other.

by Anonymousreply 40May 5, 2018 1:14 AM

R28: Alas...some people have terrible attention spans...

by Anonymousreply 41May 5, 2018 1:16 AM

The hall monitor is so fucking obnoxious. We’re interested in this story for the same reason, prurient or not, that we’re interested in the Hart family or the Georgetown murder—-because they’re our people.

by Anonymousreply 42May 5, 2018 1:17 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43May 5, 2018 1:24 AM

[quote] Whoever is posting all these links to prove that straight white people also have issues, we know. We've been told that our whole freaking lives. This isn't lost on anyone. There are all sorts of people from all walks of life that struggle, even in situations that seem ideal. That is called the study of humanity.The understanding of human beings, regardless of who they are.

You sound sincere and articulate but then you seem to tolerate and participate with:

[quote] These two were just a couple of the hundreds of queens across the globe maintaining a façade of wealth and happiness on social media.

[quote] Lol - "fabulous lives" - he's schlepping face-paint and living in a 1.5M house.

That makes you a hypocrite. Or a liar.

by Anonymousreply 44May 5, 2018 1:24 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45May 5, 2018 1:24 AM

R44, I"m R36, and haven't posted anything else on this thread. So you attributing me to any other statements makes you a liar. I did not type either of those other statements.

by Anonymousreply 46May 5, 2018 1:29 AM

The older dude is packin’!

This is really tragic. Some people see their lover as an actual possession. What a horrible ending to what was once probably a good relationship.

by Anonymousreply 47May 5, 2018 1:29 AM

[quote] [R44], I"m [R36], and haven't posted anything else on this thread. So you attributing me to any other statements makes you a liar. I did not type either of those other statements.

Re-read what I wrote. I didn't attribute anything to you other than what you originally typed.

by Anonymousreply 48May 5, 2018 1:32 AM

Do we think it was a shooting murder/suicide?

by Anonymousreply 49May 5, 2018 1:33 AM

This type of domestic tragedy can be found in every state.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 50May 5, 2018 1:34 AM

[quote]I find no joy in mocking anyone, regardless of looks, status, etc, for their struggles.

Then why the fuck are you on here?!?

by Anonymousreply 51May 5, 2018 1:34 AM

Normally the person who was shot would probably now be enjoying eternal life with the Lord, but since they were living in sin, sadly that may not be the case.

by Anonymousreply 52May 5, 2018 1:34 AM

R48 I'm not responsible for anyone's behavior other than my own. Do you want me to call out everyone and everything I don't like to prove a point? I'm not going to. Sometimes people and things have a way of working themselves out all on their own.

by Anonymousreply 53May 5, 2018 1:36 AM

I guess these guys were Houston “hot.” Lots of fatties in that town because you have to drive everywhere. But a Houston 8 is a NYC 3, at best.

by Anonymousreply 54May 5, 2018 1:36 AM

Oh Christ, r52. You’re gonna be really bummed out when you die.

by Anonymousreply 55May 5, 2018 1:37 AM

Too much time on their hands. They should have volunteered at the Salvation Army.

by Anonymousreply 56May 5, 2018 1:38 AM

Can you cunts who are hellbent on derailing the thread just take it somewhere else please?

by Anonymousreply 57May 5, 2018 1:39 AM

Can you imagine bragging about vacations in Mexico?

by Anonymousreply 58May 5, 2018 1:40 AM

R57, Define "derail."

by Anonymousreply 59May 5, 2018 1:42 AM

Oh just fuck off R59.

by Anonymousreply 60May 5, 2018 1:43 AM

Rare woman-on-woman murder suicide recently in leafy, affluent Radnor, PA, a desirable suburb of Philadelphia

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 61May 5, 2018 1:46 AM

Any Texas attorneys know how things would have worked out with the divorce?

Can one gay partner take the other to the cleaners?

by Anonymousreply 62May 5, 2018 1:48 AM

R50 Cool, no one cares.

by Anonymousreply 63May 5, 2018 1:48 AM

Houston homes are so overprices these days. That is an overpriced McMansion built on a nondescript street in a rather boring neighborhood surrounded by much smaller and older ranch homes. It has nothing going for it but the location, which is just so-so and not close to being a prestigious area like River Oaks or Tanglewood. The house might've added to their depression.

by Anonymousreply 64May 5, 2018 1:49 AM

This made me fucking sad, especially after looking at their pics at OP's link. They looked like nice men. I hope they were. Damn heartbreaking situation.

by Anonymousreply 65May 5, 2018 1:55 AM

Sad!!

by Anonymousreply 66May 5, 2018 1:56 AM

At least they left the earth looking fabulous. The one on the left that is......

by Anonymousreply 67May 5, 2018 2:06 AM

R65 "They looked like nice men. I hope they were."

Well one of them was a murderer, so...

by Anonymousreply 68May 5, 2018 2:07 AM

Here you go, tasteful friends.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 69May 5, 2018 2:08 AM

Which one was the bottom.? I say it was the one on the left.

by Anonymousreply 70May 5, 2018 2:11 AM

Nice work R69.

by Anonymousreply 71May 5, 2018 2:12 AM

I want to kill someone after seeing this.

Thanks to r69 for the investigative reporting.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 72May 5, 2018 2:13 AM

This is treading into Liberace territory.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 73May 5, 2018 2:16 AM

Very Louis Katorze!

by Anonymousreply 74May 5, 2018 2:19 AM

R61 - horrible story of the soon to be ex wife lying in wait to shoot her husband’s g.f. dead. The murder victim had just moved to PA to start a new job/new life the week before at Villanova. She came from the Univ of Delaware where on the job, she met the husband of her murderer. Both of the women’s marriages were over: the murder victim was happy to move along but the shooter didn’t want to give up her man and marriage. She was going to make the other woman pay. The only innocent in the whole affair seems to be the husband of the murder victim. And, for accuracy’s sake: this did not happen in an upscale, affluent area of the Main Line. Lowry’s Lane is made up of primarily rental houses - duplexes like this one. Single family homes sell for 300-500k which is starter home territory on the Main Line.

by Anonymousreply 75May 5, 2018 2:19 AM

Very tacky decor. Almost as bad as Georgette Mosbacher's place. Her old place is just a bit worse though.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 76May 5, 2018 2:24 AM

R75 did the murdering wife seem a little unhinged leading up to the murder or was it just a normal day?

by Anonymousreply 77May 5, 2018 2:29 AM

R61, thanks for the link. I know it’s wrong to be titillated by someone else’s tragedy, but I was.

by Anonymousreply 78May 5, 2018 2:31 AM

The grandiosity of the house is painfully mitigated by the baby-crap-brown ranch house fifty feet away. LOL.

by Anonymousreply 79May 5, 2018 2:34 AM

R78, I'm the same way. That woman must have been very scary in the final moments before shooting her husband's girlfriend.

by Anonymousreply 80May 5, 2018 2:34 AM

Do not get married. It’s not worth your life.

by Anonymousreply 81May 5, 2018 2:39 AM

The husband's girlfriend had left her own husband and was already living apart.

by Anonymousreply 82May 5, 2018 2:45 AM

R77 -the shooter/jilted wife was really unhinged, as you suggest, and didn’t seem to care who knew it. She had posted on her area Neighborhood “Next Door Digest” asking for help with her marital woes. (Maybe you have the Next Door deal where you are: it’s an online, public place folks ask for names of the best pizza, names or landscapers or to announce tag sales). She posted two different times, asking first for a marriage counselor...then, days or weeks later, for names of really good divorce attorneys. It doesn’t seem like they had kids luckily, but they did rescue dogs. How can someone kind enough to save an animal blow a romantic rival’s head off?

by Anonymousreply 83May 5, 2018 2:49 AM

That house screams delusions of grandeur ! I bet they were in debt up to their eyeballs. No real person lives like that,its all strictly to show off.

by Anonymousreply 84May 5, 2018 2:54 AM

Which city has the worst gays in Texas? Houston or Dallas?

by Anonymousreply 85May 5, 2018 2:54 AM

R83, I thought that also!

by Anonymousreply 86May 5, 2018 2:57 AM

R80, it’s like a reverse “Fatal Attraction”!

Imagine coming home from work and finding your boyfriend’s angry wife standing there in your house. The terror! I couldn’t help but imagine the wife sitting in a high-backed swivel chair and slowly turning to face her rival/victim.

Yes, I’m sick.

by Anonymousreply 87May 5, 2018 3:10 AM

My first reaction was the older one was the murderer but after reading the entire thread and seeing the pictures in Daily Mail, I've changed my mind and think the young one killed the older one. Just a hunch really, but in that picture of the older guy with the dog he looks like such a gentle soul.

by Anonymousreply 88May 5, 2018 3:12 AM

R87 Did you see the murder suicide pact of the twin sisters with OCD?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 89May 5, 2018 3:16 AM

They have some lovely pieces in that home and I like a lot of the woodwork and use of light. Interiors are fine for southern queens and many areas must have been excellent for entertaining.

Tragic end to 20 years together. So very sad.

by Anonymousreply 90May 5, 2018 3:32 AM

I think the old guy supported the younger one. Not sure who the murderer was. Will they be able to identify the murderer via bullet wounds...?

by Anonymousreply 91May 5, 2018 3:36 AM

Yes.

by Anonymousreply 92May 5, 2018 3:37 AM

OP, this couple was not "glamorous." They lived in Houston, Texas, fer chrissakes. They are hicks.

by Anonymousreply 93May 5, 2018 3:45 AM

Not hicks. By American standards they were glamorous - rubbed shoulders with celebs, 2nd home in PV, travelled internationally regularly. That's all it takes. We're not talking Euro aristos here.

by Anonymousreply 94May 5, 2018 3:54 AM

As anyone who watches Dateline knows, these things are always about sex, money or both

by Anonymousreply 95May 5, 2018 3:55 AM

Nah, R94. Texas. The taint of it is forever.

by Anonymousreply 96May 5, 2018 4:01 AM

Yeah - not so glamorous. Houston, midrange neighborhood, a condo in PV - basically middle class LA or. NYC. Sad. Just watched War of the Roses - the comedy version of this. Passion and marriage do crazy things to people.

by Anonymousreply 97May 5, 2018 4:03 AM

OMG, this 22 Year old female at OSU shot by her boyfriend.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 98May 5, 2018 4:07 AM

So you think the average gay has a million dollar home and a second in PV?

by Anonymousreply 99May 5, 2018 4:11 AM

If I were in the UK at the moment I'd go to a betting shop and put 100 on the Papi.

by Anonymousreply 100May 5, 2018 4:14 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 101May 5, 2018 4:18 AM

If you need realtor, Dead Gay Son Mom's, I'm best in Houston!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 102May 5, 2018 4:29 AM

So if it was Papi that did the killing, it was because he was fretting over losing the younger guy, and being by himself.

If it was the Cub that did the killing, it was because Papi was supporting him and he didn't want to lose the lifestyle he had come accustomed to.

Got it!

by Anonymousreply 103May 5, 2018 4:34 AM

Poor dog.

I know how retarded it sounds, but I could never commit an act of violence at home because I wouldn’t want to traumatize or orphan my pup. He didn’t ask for human drama when he was up for adoption.

by Anonymousreply 104May 5, 2018 4:35 AM

A mother daughter murder/suicide. What could have been so wrong in this mom's life?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 105May 5, 2018 4:40 AM

The little one did it ... maybe he had money ...

by Anonymousreply 106May 5, 2018 4:44 AM

No one cares about such random stories, R98. That couple was just a pair of over-hormonal students. Not married. Not rich. Not glamorous. No multi-million dollar house. Nothing mysterious about that case either (the murder culprit has already been identified, his likely motive as well). Case closed = Not newsworthy for DL.

by Anonymousreply 107May 5, 2018 4:45 AM

Channel 2 Investigates reviewed court documents that showed each man had recently filed a temporary restraining against the other. Rene Ruiz filed for divorce March 29.

Rene Ruiz was in the oil and gas business. Benjamin Ruiz was a makeup artist.

Neighbors said they didn't see signs of trouble.

“We never saw them arguing, fighting. They were just a happy couple,” Joaquin Medellin said. "(They were) very active, you know, walking the dogs and friends with our kids, just good people. (They'd come to birthday parties or come to house parties.”

by Anonymousreply 108May 5, 2018 4:51 AM

The younger of the two had a fantastic body, especially given his age. I would have done him in a heartbeat.

by Anonymousreply 109May 5, 2018 4:53 AM

The house pretty much screams they're trying too hard. They have the same vibe as that horrible gay couple from the first season of "The Amazing Race," "Team Guido." I would not want to spend time with them (other than an hour fucking the younger one) no matter how fabulous they may have been. Knowing someone who has had close proximity to Brooke Shields is not really one of my life goals.

by Anonymousreply 110May 5, 2018 4:56 AM

If the older guy filed, then I wonder if the younger one did it.

"Oil and gas" is vague, but there are a ton of related industries where one can make a lot of money.

by Anonymousreply 111May 5, 2018 4:58 AM

R104, you have the right priorities. Even though I don't like yappy little dogs.

by Anonymousreply 112May 5, 2018 5:02 AM

[quote] Knowing someone who has had close proximity to Brooke Shields is not really one of my life goals.

If only you had learned to aim high you might have gotten to be one of my gays.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 113May 5, 2018 5:05 AM

I would assume the younger guy was originally a hairdresser or makeup artist, was even sexier when he was younger, and was kept by the older guy because of his great body. They then legitimized their relationship with a marriage.

Since the older (apparently richer) guy filed, I would guess the younger one either cheated on him or embezzled from him or both.

by Anonymousreply 114May 5, 2018 5:07 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 115May 5, 2018 5:17 AM

First, Bar Bush dies and now this. Houston must be reeling.

by Anonymousreply 116May 5, 2018 5:33 AM

R11, I'd love to find out.

by Anonymousreply 117May 5, 2018 5:45 AM

R36 is so profound. Life is a battle that everybody loses, even the most pretend "successful" among us. Yeah, yeah, yeah, but why do men so often think they own somebody else's life and have a right to take it? (Yeah, yeah I know BettyBroderick and Jodi Hart, but the fact is women rarely think this way).

by Anonymousreply 118May 5, 2018 5:49 AM

Their address was 4027 Markham St, Houston, TX 77027 (from a link posted above). If you paste the address into google maps you can see a 360 degree view of the neighborhood. Their fancy digs are smack in the middle of a neighborhood of modest, older ranch style homes and looks quite out of place. It's a block from a Costco and Panda Express and two blocks from a Burger King. They were probably severely depressed.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 119May 5, 2018 6:03 AM

Trying again with a photo of the neighbor's house.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 120May 5, 2018 6:04 AM

One more time. The neighbor's house. The deceased couple's house is to the left.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 121May 5, 2018 6:05 AM

I'm with R40 and R84, this screams money issues.

by Anonymousreply 122May 5, 2018 6:07 AM

[quote] I find no joy in mocking anyone, regardless of looks, status, etc, for their struggles.

You're beautiful...

by Anonymousreply 123May 5, 2018 6:07 AM

Sad.

And they have the most expensive house on the street. It just looks out of place on that block.

With the street one block away from a busy thoroughfare.

by Anonymousreply 124May 5, 2018 6:13 AM

I thought this was about Colton Haynes and his old man. You know how unstable he is.

by Anonymousreply 125May 5, 2018 6:26 AM

So tired of self-proclaimed DL Content Police. Nice try at detailing the thread. You sure put a lot of effort into it. I think you may worry too much about whether someone else is making fun of you. Sounds like a personal problem.

by Anonymousreply 126May 5, 2018 7:07 AM

The Sugar got tired of supporting the makeup artist and was dumping him. Mr Makeup couldn’t stand the idea of losing his comfy lifestyle and killed Mr $$$.

by Anonymousreply 127May 5, 2018 8:25 AM

OK Papi files, house goes on the market, guys are quarreling in one of the bedrooms, one of them pulls a gun.

Still not clear which one, but it may be the younger one was roided up a bit and lost it.

by Anonymousreply 128May 5, 2018 2:38 PM

That house is really awful. I'm sure in Houston you could find a beautiful house in a nicer setting for $1.5 million.

by Anonymousreply 129May 5, 2018 2:46 PM

Actually, most of you are wrong about this. I knew both of them very well. Rene had filed for divorce while Benjamin was out of town on one of his Laura Mercier work trips; Benjamin came home to an empty house. Rene had left and moved in with a much younger man he had been seeing on the side. Depression, anxiety, money worry issues abounded on Benjamin's side. I never would have seen this coming, having spent birthdays, holidays, vacations with them over 20 years. The kindest people in the world and very generous, gracious friends.

by Anonymousreply 130May 5, 2018 2:47 PM

🌷 RENE & BENJAMIN 🌷

TOGETHER 💑 FOREVER

by Anonymousreply 131May 5, 2018 2:53 PM

What the fuck is "PV"????

by Anonymousreply 132May 5, 2018 2:56 PM

I can’t believe there was only a decade age difference. That old man looks like he could’ve been his father.

by Anonymousreply 133May 5, 2018 3:03 PM

Some of you keep calling that house a McMansion but I wonder about that.

It looks to me that the house was built sometime between the 1920-1940s. The woodwork and details are very nice and I think the wooden floors look like originals that you'd find in an older home.

The house just doesn't have the "off" proportions and cheap finishes of a McMansion. And the layout does not suggest a new build.

I find the outside of the house stylish.

I'm wondering if it was maybe one of the first homes on the street, perhaps surrounded by fields or wooded areas.

It looks like the kind of house that may have had "Mediterranean" touches like a tile roof or decorative embellishments that were later removed or replaced.

As far as the interior goes, these guys wanted the house to be something it just wasn't and never could be.... but their design sense wasn't entirely awful.

The problem is that they were trying to get there with reproduction furniture some of which is quite ugly.

This is the kind of house an interior designer like Darryl Carter could have done an appropriate job on.

by Anonymousreply 134May 5, 2018 3:14 PM

NO, R134, they finished building it last year.

by Anonymousreply 135May 5, 2018 3:20 PM

Zillow reports that the house was constructed in 2015.

Realtor.com reports it was built in 2014.

How embarrassing for you, R134.

by Anonymousreply 136May 5, 2018 3:20 PM

I love how the DailyFail puts GAY coupe up front. Statistically there are more heterosexual murder suicides.

by Anonymousreply 137May 5, 2018 3:25 PM

R136 LOL. No embarrassment on my part. As I said: "...but I wonder about that."

I wasn't sure, but if I had to bet... I would have said it was an older home. No cathedral ceiling? In Texas? No grand staircase?

Well, I was fooled.

by Anonymousreply 138May 5, 2018 3:28 PM

$1.5m should be a leafy suburb without a high rise office tower in the background. 4000sq ft is NOT a mansion by any standard.

by Anonymousreply 139May 5, 2018 3:30 PM

Am I the only one who doesn't know what the fuck Laura Mercier is? I mean - it's a brand of cosmetics apparently. There is no Laura Mercier - the name was bought by someone else.

Based on that - the younger one was a cosmetics queen who overspent and wanted a lavish lifestyle. The older one was the money and constantly trying to reel the younger one in.

Financial issues brought on by the younger one. Older one was fed up and realized his hard earned money was gone - and his younger husband would be gone too with another guy.

What do I win?

by Anonymousreply 140May 5, 2018 3:32 PM

A McMansion is an oversized home built on a tiny lot that looks ridiculously out of place in its environs. Houston is full of homes and entire residential streets like this. They have ruined once pleasant-looking and historic neighborhoods. There's no zoning in the city to stop them.

by Anonymousreply 141May 5, 2018 3:34 PM

[quote]What do I win?

A years supply of Laura Mercier Flawless Fusion Ultra-Longwear Concealer.

by Anonymousreply 142May 5, 2018 3:37 PM

R140, there is an actual Laura Mercier makeup artist, but you’re correct she sold her name.

by Anonymousreply 143May 5, 2018 3:41 PM

Houston is weird that way. You can build anywhere you want, basically. That why it is unzoned,. sprawled out and generally pretty damn ugly.

by Anonymousreply 144May 5, 2018 3:46 PM

They seemed like the perfect couple. What went so wrong?

by Anonymousreply 145May 5, 2018 3:48 PM

Here's the Laura Mercier guy in action.

He's good at selling that stuff. His clients must have loved him.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 146May 5, 2018 3:51 PM

More than likely cops did it and made it look like a m/s.

by Anonymousreply 147May 5, 2018 3:54 PM

I've been going through the younger partner's Instagram, and it seems that they were quite in love, enjoying travels, friends, and good times together. It's a shame how it all ended in such tragedy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 148May 5, 2018 3:57 PM

R148, people NEVER fake anything on Facebook, Instagram or anywhere else online.

It's all real.

by Anonymousreply 149May 5, 2018 3:59 PM

r148 yeah Instagram and Facebook are such prime examples of reality.

by Anonymousreply 150May 5, 2018 3:59 PM

I take it back - I think it was the younger one who killed the older one and killed himself.

by Anonymousreply 151May 5, 2018 3:59 PM

I think it was the younger one too

And though it looks better than some McMansions, it is clearly one when you see the surrounding buildings

by Anonymousreply 152May 5, 2018 3:59 PM

R130 thanks for the inside scoop. I love DL - crowdsourced inside info. Not surprising the one with the obsession about appearing rich and fabulous on social media had issues. The one who didn’t bother with social media just wanted to live a happy life. Obsession with money and glamour is a dead end road.

Re: the house. If it was a few blocks east it may be worth $1.5MM but it is still a pretty good location for Houston. I found in Houston, being near high rises and commercial areas is a plus. “Inside the loop” is prime real estate. Close to everything - from a Texas viewpoint. But I would definitely not pay $1.5MM in that block. Nicer houses on nicer blocks nearby for around the same price.

by Anonymousreply 153May 5, 2018 4:01 PM

I usually find an indirect correlation between happiness and what’s being posted on social media.

by Anonymousreply 154May 5, 2018 4:01 PM

[quote]The kindest people in the world

Apparently not, since one is a murderer.

by Anonymousreply 155May 5, 2018 4:02 PM

Be careful what you wish for.

by Anonymousreply 156May 5, 2018 4:03 PM

Is it that hard to determine the shooter in a murder suicide? Someone needs to shoot themself last!

by Anonymousreply 157May 5, 2018 4:05 PM

[quote]Rene had filed for divorce while Benjamin was out of town on one of his Laura Mercier work trips; Benjamin came home to an empty house. Rene had left and moved in with a much younger man he had been seeing on the side.

That also doesn't sound like something a kind person would do.

by Anonymousreply 158May 5, 2018 4:05 PM

The house is listed for 1 million, not 1.5 million.

ONE MILLION. Don't you queens read the links?

by Anonymousreply 159May 5, 2018 4:06 PM

Whose gun was it?

by Anonymousreply 160May 5, 2018 4:08 PM

Say what you will about the younger one but he had fucking awesome legs. Delicious!!

by Anonymousreply 161May 5, 2018 4:10 PM

[quote]Depression, anxiety, money worry issues abounded on Benjamin's side.

Wow...a nice career, traveled, was handsome....

by Anonymousreply 162May 5, 2018 4:11 PM

Oh, calm down, r149, r150. Appearances can be deceiving, but it did seem that all was well. The younger guy apparently enjoyed his life, family, and friends, and would warmly respond to the comments made on his pictures. I could seem him being stunned and crushed by this surprise divorce.

by Anonymousreply 163May 5, 2018 4:12 PM

R162, depression and anxiety can’t be cured by $$$. Sometimes meds are necessary.

by Anonymousreply 164May 5, 2018 4:13 PM

R161. Could you have handled the purses flying in all directions?

by Anonymousreply 165May 5, 2018 4:15 PM

R165 that’s what pillows are for.

by Anonymousreply 166May 5, 2018 4:17 PM

So how old is the younger side piece? How does a 62 year old get an even hotter, younger boyfriend than that one? He’s in good shape and good genes but still..

by Anonymousreply 167May 5, 2018 4:17 PM

It appears they lived in Houston because René, was in the oil and gas business. Benjamin was a make up artist. It looks like René was the one who filed for divorce and a restraint order.

by Anonymousreply 168May 5, 2018 4:20 PM

I still can’t tell which is which. Sorry.

Well, it’s sad it came to this.

by Anonymousreply 169May 5, 2018 4:29 PM

[quote]Appearances can be deceiving, but it did seem that all was well.

I don't get those of you trying to normalize all this. "They were completely wonderful people who wouldn't hurt a fly! Er, except for the older guy moving out on the younger guy without telling him, and then the restraining orders, and then the murder/suicide... but those are mere hiccups we can ignore! They were normal lovely people!"

Face reality: this couple was incredibly fucked up and was hiding it.

by Anonymousreply 170May 5, 2018 4:31 PM

Not incredibly fucked up. Shakespearean.

by Anonymousreply 171May 5, 2018 4:34 PM

Isn't this the plot of "The Lisbon Traviata"?

by Anonymousreply 172May 5, 2018 4:36 PM

Further evidence of the stupidity of owning a gun. Without a gun, this would not have happened almost guaranteed.

Gun owning people are just plain stupid because they ignore the FACT that having a gun is not correlated with protection, BUT it has an incredibly high correlation with suicide and domestic violence. The main thing owning a gun does is significantly increase the likelihood of “successful” suicide and domestic murder. This is why my tolerance does not extend to gun owners - they ignore FACTS in favor of the instinct of fear which only leads to hate and senseless violence. They harm the world.

by Anonymousreply 173May 5, 2018 4:39 PM

What is glamorous about being dead?

by Anonymousreply 174May 5, 2018 4:42 PM

Log Cabin Rethugs???

by Anonymousreply 175May 5, 2018 4:46 PM

This news report recaps the incident.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 176May 5, 2018 4:58 PM

Did the older man divorce the cosmetologist for a younger boy?

by Anonymousreply 177May 5, 2018 5:02 PM

r172 Well, pardon me while I play the grand piano, Dorothy.

by Anonymousreply 178May 5, 2018 5:05 PM

If gramps is 62 Im your monkeys uncle! Hes well preserved,but pushing 70 easily. Now hes dead for fucking around with young bitches,who wanted nothing from him but MONEY.

by Anonymousreply 179May 5, 2018 5:22 PM

R170 we don't really that there were restraining orders against each other, Rene moving out leaving Benjamin to come home to an empty home. That's just what some random typed here on DL. I know what's presented on social media is often very misleading. I think one of these guys just lost his mind in moment of anger and grief, as anyone who's ever been in a breakup can relate to. I think the younger was the shooter.

by Anonymousreply 180May 5, 2018 5:25 PM

Since they were married I wonder if their families will hold a joint funeral. Talk about awkward.

by Anonymousreply 181May 5, 2018 5:25 PM

It's a lovely home. Very tasteful, and I'm sure will be a popular listing. Lots of amenities, upgrades, pool etc.

by Anonymousreply 182May 5, 2018 5:31 PM

I would like to see Christophe Waltz and Liev Schreiber playing the couple.

Maria Conchita Alonso as the make-up magnate Mercier.

Brooke Shields does a cameo as herself.

by Anonymousreply 183May 5, 2018 5:33 PM

^.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 184May 5, 2018 5:34 PM

Miguel Gómez as the younger lover.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 185May 5, 2018 5:42 PM

The Hershey Highway is a dangerous road after a certain age!

by Anonymousreply 186May 5, 2018 5:50 PM

Rene (62) was attached to something called Frontera Gas Supply, Inc. His father is Jesus.

Benji's (52) maiden name is Marshall.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 187May 5, 2018 5:57 PM

Sounds like a bottom gone crazy. Rene, the older top, found a younger bottom, and the prior one went nuts and shot him. Doubt this will be reported as such, though.

by Anonymousreply 188May 5, 2018 6:01 PM

No one will ever suspect it!

by Anonymousreply 189May 5, 2018 6:06 PM

[quote] Further evidence of the stupidity of owning a gun. Without a gun, this would not have happened almost guaranteed.

Guns don't kill people.

Shallow Latin American kept musclebears kill people.

by Anonymousreply 190May 5, 2018 6:08 PM

Don't hate me cuz I'm beautiful...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 191May 5, 2018 6:09 PM

R177. Yes. The younger boy, Joel, is inconsolable.

by Anonymousreply 192May 5, 2018 6:09 PM

Lol, R189, that's pretty funny.

by Anonymousreply 193May 5, 2018 6:10 PM

“Bottom Gone Crazy. Details at ten.”

by Anonymousreply 194May 5, 2018 6:10 PM

I just want to gloat that I called this first at R18, that this was a sugar daddy who supported a younger man with folie de grandeur, but not the income.

by Anonymousreply 195May 5, 2018 6:10 PM

[quote] [R170] we don't really that there were restraining orders against each other,

It was reported in the news that they in fact did:

"Channel 2 Investigates reviewed court documents that showed each man had recently filed a temporary restraining against the other."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 196May 5, 2018 6:12 PM

A dual restraining order? The plot thickens!

by Anonymousreply 197May 5, 2018 6:14 PM

[quote] Two men, who police said had been married for 22 years...

Not possible in the U.S.

by Anonymousreply 198May 5, 2018 6:15 PM

So why were they both in the house at the same time? That's a big no-no.

by Anonymousreply 199May 5, 2018 6:18 PM

R198 good catch! When did MA first allow gay marriage? It wasn’t 22 years ago. And DOMA was only struck down in 2013.

by Anonymousreply 200May 5, 2018 6:19 PM

"A dual restraining order?"

After that sissy boy slap party?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 201May 5, 2018 6:25 PM

Yes R195 you get the trophy.

Being a creative director isn't what it sounds. He's probably one of many and/or a part-time freelance makeup artists for the brand. That doesn't mean big bucks. It's not even a really well known brand.

He's going to lose his hubby, money and knows he's got nothing to fall back on. The hubby was tired of his shit.

Chris Rock said something once - no matter how beautiful a person is, there is someone somewhere that's tired of their shit.

by Anonymousreply 202May 5, 2018 6:30 PM

r192, what's going to happen to Mitzi?

by Anonymousreply 203May 5, 2018 6:34 PM

! right you are R202

by Anonymousreply 204May 5, 2018 6:34 PM

Surely the young one would get a divorce settlement? Especially after being dumped. Maybe she was stupid and signed a prenup.

by Anonymousreply 205May 5, 2018 6:42 PM

MOAR Benji

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 206May 5, 2018 6:49 PM

Absolute silence from Brooke Shields’ Twitter.

Worse than Susan Fucking Dey.

by Anonymousreply 207May 5, 2018 6:50 PM

R206, yeah, that post certainly puts an ironic touch to all of this.

by Anonymousreply 208May 5, 2018 6:57 PM

Notice in Gramps pictures he always has sad eyes. I think he was done with Benji a long time ago.

by Anonymousreply 209May 5, 2018 7:06 PM

Sounds like they were pillars of leadership in the Texas LGBTQI community of Texas!

by Anonymousreply 210May 5, 2018 7:07 PM

Now I want the entire film to be shot from the POV of the dog, like in The Lady in the Lake.

There would be an extended take of them remoing all the throw pillows off the bed before they settled into mediocre sex, all under a watchful canine eye.

by Anonymousreply 211May 5, 2018 7:16 PM

We all know they hadn’t had sex with each other in years

by Anonymousreply 212May 5, 2018 7:26 PM

Has Anderson Cooper reported on this story yet? Or does it hit a little too close to home.

by Anonymousreply 213May 5, 2018 7:43 PM

You guys are terrible.

Funny, but terrible.

by Anonymousreply 214May 5, 2018 7:59 PM

[quote]Further evidence of the stupidity of owning a gun. Without a gun, this would not have happened almost guaranteed.

They would have still killed each other with a knife, bomb, bazooka, grenadine, ray gun, laser, phaser, ninja stars, darts, poison, whatever. Where there is a will, there is a way.

by Anonymousreply 215May 5, 2018 8:16 PM

Two fancy fruits on drugs. B.O.R.I.N. G..........

by Anonymousreply 216May 5, 2018 8:30 PM

Oh, Gawd! I find myself agreeing with Erna.

Shoot me.

by Anonymousreply 217May 5, 2018 8:33 PM

Wait, the police are not telling yet who shot who?

Seems like good a premise for a gay soap premiere episode... 2 dead bodies, with bullet holes in their heads. we wont know who killed them until the finale.

by Anonymousreply 218May 5, 2018 8:33 PM

[quote] The kindest people in the world >>>>Apparently not, since one is a murderer.

It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive.

by Anonymousreply 219May 5, 2018 8:36 PM

There would have been no death without a gun. The ease of killing with a gun makes it exponentially more likely to kill than maim - suicide and murder. There is a difference = grabbing a gun in the heat of the moment and simply pulling a trigger that shoots a bullet that is intended to kill vs attacking someone or oneself with a knife which is likely to cut. Never keep a gun in the house.

by Anonymousreply 220May 5, 2018 8:44 PM

Chemsex party gone awry. There is more to this story. I hope Ryan Murphy is writing the script.

by Anonymousreply 221May 5, 2018 8:48 PM

They both reached for the gun!

by Anonymousreply 222May 5, 2018 9:01 PM

That bottom... those leggs!!! What a waste. Shame on that old fart for this. May he rot in hell. He had it coming.

by Anonymousreply 223May 5, 2018 9:07 PM

Daddy had already moved out and moved on. He had a new boy. It was the make up queen, probably with a meth problem, who flipped out on Daddy. Put money on it.

Daddy had the money. Any money put toward the purchase of that house had to have come from Daddy. When the house is sold and Daddy got his down payment back and the broker is paid, etc., etc., the make up queen was going to get about $1.98.

If they had gotten married 20 years ago, then they would be splitting things 50/50 and this might not have happened. But same-sex marriage is a recent development and this marriage would be viewed by the court as short-term. Because, unfortunately, it was. Homophobia at work here.

by Anonymousreply 224May 5, 2018 9:18 PM

The bottom's legs and torso are indeed remarkable for a man of 52.

by Anonymousreply 225May 5, 2018 9:41 PM

The whole Houston non-zoning thing is so odd. Some cities could stand to (and some do) loosen up their zoning, especially if trying to revitalize depressed areas. But, to have zoning this loose seems crazy.

by Anonymousreply 226May 5, 2018 10:05 PM

It's just Texas-sized ignorance, R226.

Cain't have the guv'ment tell ya whut to do with yer own dadblamed land!!!

by Anonymousreply 227May 5, 2018 10:07 PM

Here in Dallas we have zones, of course.

Not like that landfill Houston.

by Anonymousreply 228May 5, 2018 10:10 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 229May 5, 2018 10:27 PM

So Grandma was the top?

by Anonymousreply 230May 5, 2018 10:28 PM

R229 are those fake plastic abs?

by Anonymousreply 231May 5, 2018 10:42 PM

That looks like an AIDS body.

by Anonymousreply 232May 5, 2018 10:43 PM

I can't believe this queen put Laura Mercier as part of his Instagram name. What if he had gotten fired or decided to take another job? He would have been stuck with that name for the rest of his life. I've seen this happen with reporters who put ABC or CNN as part of their Twitter or Instagram handle and then they get fired. And then uh huh, they're stuck with the name of a station they're fired from. Now they have to create a new account and rebuild their millions of followers from scratch.

by Anonymousreply 233May 5, 2018 10:48 PM

It would be interesting to know who owned the gun and when it was bought.

by Anonymousreply 234May 5, 2018 11:01 PM

R5 "...seemingly happy..."

Appearances can be deceiving.

by Anonymousreply 235May 5, 2018 11:49 PM

They were young and they had each other

But just WHO shot WHO?!

by Anonymousreply 236May 5, 2018 11:52 PM

I began the thread thinking the sad older looking guy was the killer with the himbo dumping him, but the later information indicates I probably had it exactly backwards. Go figure.

by Anonymousreply 237May 6, 2018 12:03 AM

Maybe they both fell on the gun and it fired?

by Anonymousreply 238May 6, 2018 12:08 AM

Was it throw pillow related violence?

by Anonymousreply 239May 6, 2018 12:16 AM

R202. Although Laura Mercier is a small or "boutique" brand, it's well known.

by Anonymousreply 240May 6, 2018 12:57 AM

Maybe Laura Mercier herself did it. Look at all the free publicity!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 241May 6, 2018 1:06 AM

the bottom was packin' heat no doubt. do they have those ridiculous conceal and carry bullshit guns laws in Texas?

by Anonymousreply 242May 6, 2018 1:14 AM

It may be only Papi's name is on the deed. That'll drive a bottom to madness.

by Anonymousreply 243May 6, 2018 1:21 AM

Adds new meaning to the term power bottom.

by Anonymousreply 244May 6, 2018 1:27 AM

[quote]I began the thread thinking the sad older looking guy was the killer with the himbo dumping him, but the later information indicates I probably had it exactly backwards. Go figure.

That is what assumptions will get one.

by Anonymousreply 245May 6, 2018 1:28 AM

The Laura Mercier brand was started by the less glamorous-sounding Janet Gurwitch, pictured right.

The conspiracy runs deep.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 246May 6, 2018 1:31 AM

WHICHEVER was the killer he knew he may as well kill himself, since no way could he escape the law in Texas.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 247May 6, 2018 1:34 AM

This is what happens when you call someone a fatty to their face

by Anonymousreply 248May 6, 2018 1:47 AM

Lol, r248!

by Anonymousreply 249May 6, 2018 1:50 AM

I think the older one is hotter.

by Anonymousreply 250May 6, 2018 2:58 AM

Questions - did they have a prenup that cut out the young one? - how much did they pay for the house and in whose name was it? -are there any benefits to living someplace without zoning? - how do they keep River Oaks streets (right nearby) all residential ? - whose gun was it?

by Anonymousreply 251May 6, 2018 3:36 AM

[quote] If gramps is 62 Im your monkeys uncle!

He's not anything now but carrion.

by Anonymousreply 252May 6, 2018 3:42 AM

r251, why do you think any of us would now answers to those questions?

by Anonymousreply 253May 6, 2018 3:42 AM

Sorry, "know," not "now"

by Anonymousreply 254May 6, 2018 3:50 AM

In his Instragram, the younger one constantly called his Yorkie Victoria "#theloveofmylife". So the love of his life wasn't his husband. Why would he kill himself and leave his poor dog alone and traumatized?

He also called himself Victoria's grandfather. That's weird. Wouldn't most people just say they're their dog's dad?

by Anonymousreply 255May 6, 2018 3:53 AM

Guns kill

by Anonymousreply 256May 6, 2018 3:54 AM

[quote] Guns kill

See r190.

by Anonymousreply 257May 6, 2018 3:57 AM

[quote] Why would he kill himself and leave his poor dog alone and traumatized?

Well if it's good enough for CDC doctors....

by Anonymousreply 258May 6, 2018 4:05 AM

anyone know what brand his bathing trunks are from in r229? i'd like to shop for some.

by Anonymousreply 259May 6, 2018 4:15 AM

Two quick-titted angels got the dope on what went down

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 260May 6, 2018 4:47 AM

[quote] anyone know what brand his bathing trunks are from in [R229]? i'd like to shop for some.

Maybe you could bring the photo into a swanky department store and say, "I want to look just like this guy who just murdered his husband."

by Anonymousreply 261May 6, 2018 4:51 AM

WTF is Der Perfekte Teint? Sounds kinky to me.

by Anonymousreply 262May 6, 2018 5:28 AM

Daily Mail tries to sell this sordid story of 2 striver queens in an embarrassingly garish new-build tract house in fucking Houston as some kind of 1%er meltdown -- c'mon boys, this is just embarrassing. $1M would not land one a nice condo in a decent part of Texas, much less in SF or New York.

by Anonymousreply 263May 6, 2018 5:49 AM

I hope the desairologist is familiar with Laura Mercier products.

by Anonymousreply 264May 6, 2018 6:39 AM

R233, he doesn't have to worry about his Instagram name now, does he?

by Anonymousreply 265May 6, 2018 7:10 AM

This is my new shade of lipstick, Murder Suicide Red.

by Anonymousreply 266May 6, 2018 8:32 AM

thoughts and prayers

by Anonymousreply 267May 6, 2018 8:42 AM

[quote]How does a 62 year old get an even hotter, younger boyfriend than that one?

Oh, bless you. I wish I was this naive.

by Anonymousreply 268May 6, 2018 8:50 AM

The older one is way hotter to me. The younger one looks like a nightmare to be around for more than a minute.

by Anonymousreply 269May 6, 2018 8:53 AM

Did Grandma have 'work done'?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 270May 6, 2018 9:14 AM

Jessica would have solved this at first glance of the picture of them together. The younger one looks like the Botox made him crazy!

by Anonymousreply 271May 6, 2018 10:29 AM

People who smile incessantly are usually bad news.

by Anonymousreply 272May 6, 2018 10:39 AM

R251: In Houston, private deed restrictions in certain neighborhoods operate much like public zoning ordinances.

by Anonymousreply 273May 6, 2018 10:51 AM

That house is not a tract home. If you go up and down the street on Google maps you can see that the neighborhood is primarily older, ranch style homes with a few, much larger, newer McMansions sprinkled in here and there, Theirs is not the only one, which makes me think the lots are prized more for the land than the homes. They (or their builder) may have bought an old tear down and built a new house 2-3x larger on the same lot. This is very common in certain towns in NJ and NY that are close (or commutable by train) to NYC. Land is so valuable and lots so hard to find in those areas that tear downs are the only way to get new construction. Why anyone would want to do this in Huston, TX, I don't know. Aren't there zillions of homes just like this one (new construction, small lot, 4000 sf, etc) available in brand new tract home developments there?

by Anonymousreply 274May 6, 2018 11:27 AM

The bottom was hot!!! Woof! GORGEOUS!!

by Anonymousreply 275May 6, 2018 1:56 PM

R274 It's all about location. Houston is densely populated inside the Loop, where this home is located. Land is difficult to find for homes.

by Anonymousreply 276May 6, 2018 1:57 PM

R274 is rght. Lots are quite expensive in relatively close-in neighborhoods. In many cases, the tax appraisal district values the land significantly more than the improvement. And property taxes aren’t cheap by any means.

by Anonymousreply 277May 6, 2018 2:05 PM

Whodunnit????

by Anonymousreply 278May 6, 2018 2:14 PM

That house which you all secretly covet would be lovely on a larger more appropriate lot.

I'm interested to learn how they ended up in the house together when they both had filed restraining orders.

by Anonymousreply 279May 6, 2018 2:19 PM

R279 - probably picking up some stuff or a discussion over the house sale. Or - most likely - some ruse by the younger to get the older one in there so he could kill him.

by Anonymousreply 280May 6, 2018 2:25 PM

“I’m pregnant, and the baby is yours!”

by Anonymousreply 281May 6, 2018 2:33 PM

The older one looks like he’s into scat or k9.

by Anonymousreply 282May 6, 2018 2:43 PM

I bet these guys thought they were “elevating” the neighborhood with their Ken and Barbie dream house on the postage-stamp-sized lot. “They should THANK us for raising property values!”

There’s a very expensive condo two doors down from me. It’s a converted parking garage and they go for $10mil for a 4,000 sq ft unit. The roof space looks out onto the sides of other buildings and a giant HVAC unit. Those people pay $10 mil for the privilege of watching me cook breakfast in my underwear.

The doorman is really hot, though.

by Anonymousreply 283May 6, 2018 2:46 PM

It's really bizarre to me that the #1 subject on this thread has been property values in Houston.

by Anonymousreply 284May 6, 2018 2:52 PM

Are you new around here, r284?

by Anonymousreply 285May 6, 2018 3:13 PM

According to tax records, both were listed as the property owners with Rene listed first.

More property info can be found by doing a search on the Harris County Appraisal District website. Just search by address: 4027 Markham.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 286May 6, 2018 3:30 PM

Fuck you R281 ! I now have a keyboard coated with coffee!

by Anonymousreply 287May 6, 2018 3:56 PM

Move Over, Mrs. Markham

by Anonymousreply 288May 6, 2018 4:55 PM

Which one was the killer?

by Anonymousreply 289May 6, 2018 5:05 PM

Perhaps neither one was the killer.

by Anonymousreply 290May 6, 2018 5:47 PM

Interesting how this became a hot DL thread. Lessons for hot threads: divorcing gay couples, excessive Instagram posing, home design pics, gay on gay crime.

by Anonymousreply 291May 6, 2018 5:58 PM

I'm waiting for the funeral photos.

by Anonymousreply 292May 6, 2018 6:49 PM

Looking at the photos made us think of that Liberace movie, Behind the candelabra!

by Anonymousreply 293May 6, 2018 7:22 PM

Houston is like Atlanta and similar spread out cities, “inner ring” neighborhoods are now highly sought because people are sick of wasting their lives in terrible traffic.

by Anonymousreply 294May 6, 2018 7:53 PM

What is The Loop?

by Anonymousreply 295May 6, 2018 7:58 PM

R295 loop = death...squirrels

by Anonymousreply 296May 6, 2018 8:00 PM

610 is the Loop.

by Anonymousreply 297May 6, 2018 8:04 PM

Were there 2 dogs?

If the one man talked about his Yorkie? And there is a picture of the older guy hugging a small dog that did not look like a Yorkie.

So, are there now 2 orphan dogs?

by Anonymousreply 298May 6, 2018 8:11 PM

Ben was getting kicked to the curb, which I understand given his delusions/insanity, but I wander what kind of young side piece Rene pulled down? Bought and paid for I’m sure but if Rene had a big dick and was a rough top, he could have had a wider choice. That twins must be reeling right now. As for Ben, Texas divorce is brutal on the non-monied spouse right? That’s probably what drove him to the edge. They were underwater on that overbuilt, over decorated house. He wasn’t going to see a dime from it and Rene’s other assets were probably off limits. That neighborhood won’t catch up for a good 7 years if it ever does. Gay marriage might be legal everywhere but Texas judges would have no sympathy for Miss Ben. His Instagram reminds me a little of Anderson cooper’s new Texas gaggle of pals. $50-thousand dollar millionaires!

by Anonymousreply 299May 6, 2018 8:25 PM

^ that twink, hate autocorrect

by Anonymousreply 300May 6, 2018 8:28 PM

[quote] Interesting how this became a hot DL thread.

I hope the thread derailer who tried SO hard with his random murder posts is handling his grief.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 301May 6, 2018 8:32 PM

Too bad Ben couldn’t present more as butch/masc. All he had to do was stop shaving the chest, grow it out to match those hot hairy legs, and gone after the monied bottoms of Houston. Would have been an option for after the divorce.

by Anonymousreply 302May 6, 2018 8:55 PM

Regardless of who is responsible, the crime is that Ben is gone... those leggs!!!

by Anonymousreply 303May 6, 2018 9:01 PM

R302 Not only that but wealthy women love that sort of gay man and their husbands feel safe if they have friendships with guys like that. He could have gone into other professions in the high-end market: decorating, real estate...

But he was obviously a very troubled soul.

by Anonymousreply 304May 6, 2018 9:16 PM

[quote] Are you new around here, [R284]?

Actually I've been on this forum for seventeen years.

by Anonymousreply 305May 6, 2018 9:26 PM

[quote] Interesting how this became a hot DL thread. Lessons for hot threads: divorcing gay couples, excessive Instagram posing, home design pics, gay on gay crime.

Don't forget that Ben had a great body. That will do it every time.

by Anonymousreply 306May 6, 2018 9:27 PM

R115 If Ben was a real friend of Brooke Shields he would have told her to cut her hair.

by Anonymousreply 307May 6, 2018 10:01 PM

r304, Ben did have great Real Estate Agent-face!

by Anonymousreply 308May 6, 2018 10:06 PM

[quote]Interesting how this became a hot DL thread. Lessons for hot threads: divorcing gay couples, excessive Instagram posing, home design pics, gay on gay crime.

So basically any Colton Haynes thread.

by Anonymousreply 309May 6, 2018 10:09 PM

To the poster up-thread who said yes, "Joel" is inconsolable in response to a question about the new boyfriend... did Rene run off with his massage therapist? Seems IRL Ben and Joel were the closer friends but jeez, you never know.

by Anonymousreply 310May 6, 2018 11:59 PM

[quote]R292 I'm waiting for the funeral photos.

I'm still waiting for my invite [bold] : ( [/bold]

I'll entertain!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 311May 7, 2018 12:44 AM

[quote]r298 Were there 2 dogs? Is the one the man talked about his Yorkie? And there is a picture of the older guy hugging a small dog that did not look like a Yorkie.

This could have been what set the whole thing off...a secret "side pet" he refused to share.

by Anonymousreply 312May 7, 2018 1:32 AM

[quote]r307 If Ben was a real friend of Brooke Shields he would have told her to cut her hair.

She DID cut down on the mousse...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 313May 7, 2018 1:40 AM

Why hasn't Rene's new younger BF stepped forward?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 314May 7, 2018 3:33 AM

Who found the bodies?

by Anonymousreply 315May 7, 2018 3:39 AM

[quote]the monied bottoms of Houston

Don't GIVE me ideas!

by Anonymousreply 316May 7, 2018 3:40 AM

Benjamin had hair plugs, no?

by Anonymousreply 317May 7, 2018 4:01 AM

Who was the murderer? Why did they have restraining orders?

by Anonymousreply 318May 7, 2018 4:03 AM

R316 - Andy, wow you and Ben should start a movement. Oh wait...

by Anonymousreply 319May 7, 2018 4:06 AM

This a tragic story. Why did they kill each other?

by Anonymousreply 320May 7, 2018 4:12 AM

Were they married in the Church?

by Anonymousreply 321May 7, 2018 4:16 AM

R320 The police haven't yet announced who the initial shooter was, I think, but the Keyboard Detective Frauen on this thread have deduced the younger one was dumped by the older one, flipped out at the thought of beginning again with limited options, and opened fire.

We also think they're broke.

by Anonymousreply 322May 7, 2018 4:18 AM

Did René, the older top have a new, younger hairdresser boyfriend?

by Anonymousreply 323May 7, 2018 4:29 AM

The older one did it.

The younger one was hot enough to get another sugar daddy.

The older one knew it was over for him as a 61 year old who looked even older. No market for that, no matter how much money you have. So instead of spending life alone or in a laughable Calvin Klein/Nick Gruber situation, he took them both out.

by Anonymousreply 324May 7, 2018 4:43 AM

"Initial shooter". WTF? This was murder/suicide not a shoot out.

by Anonymousreply 325May 7, 2018 4:53 AM

"Initial shooter" would be the one who survived to then kill themselves.

by Anonymousreply 326May 7, 2018 4:58 AM

[quote] This a tragic story. Why did they kill each other?

If only there were 319 preceding posts explaining it to you!

by Anonymousreply 327May 7, 2018 5:03 AM

We don't think they were both broke; we think the younger one was going to be left broke after he was dumped.

by Anonymousreply 328May 7, 2018 5:04 AM

R326. Oh, dear.

by Anonymousreply 329May 7, 2018 5:16 AM

R130, please don't take our bitchiness to heart.

I am sorry that you lost your friends.

by Anonymousreply 330May 7, 2018 5:22 AM

If only the good homosexual had a gun, so he could shoot the bad homosexual.

by Anonymousreply 331May 7, 2018 5:23 AM

R176, I think Rene was going to run off with that reporter at the house.

by Anonymousreply 332May 7, 2018 5:43 AM

The devasting the Houston gay community. Will there be a community memorial service for them this week? Or a candlelight vigil?

by Anonymousreply 333May 7, 2018 5:45 AM

Yeah, great friends, R130. Just be glad you weren't at the house when the fireworks started.

by Anonymousreply 334May 7, 2018 5:54 AM

If there hadn't been a gun the older guy would have just throw his martini at the younger one's face and that would have been the end of it.

by Anonymousreply 335May 7, 2018 6:03 AM

[quote]R30 I knew both of them very well. Rene had filed for divorce while Benjamin was out of town on one of his Laura Mercier work trips; Benjamin came home to an empty house. Rene had left and moved in with a much younger man he had been seeing on the side. Depression, anxiety, money worry issues abounded on Benjamin's side.

In other words, I was right!

by Anonymousreply 336May 7, 2018 6:03 AM

Rene's new boyfriend must be in shock.

by Anonymousreply 337May 7, 2018 6:11 AM

He's lucky to be alive.

Maybe he won't be so quick to hook up with a married man next time?

by Anonymousreply 338May 7, 2018 6:14 AM

Are we sure it's a murder/suicide?

by Anonymousreply 339May 7, 2018 6:17 AM

Rene should have heeded the wisdom of decades past

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 340May 7, 2018 6:17 AM

The little homewrecker may as well have loaded the gun himself.

by Anonymousreply 341May 7, 2018 6:19 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 342May 7, 2018 6:43 AM

Well-done, DL. I feel as if I've lived through the whole story by reading your posts above.

by Anonymousreply 343May 7, 2018 7:08 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 344May 7, 2018 7:09 AM

[quote]R343 Well-done, DL. I feel as if I've lived through the whole story by reading your posts above.

You're welcome.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 345May 7, 2018 7:15 AM

This Posting is one of the most compelling and heartbreaking I have read on DL. After 22 years that ANY close relationship should end in mutual deaths is horrific. Who here has not hoped to have this close, connected and shared relationship in their life? To see what 'appeared' to be for a gay man the "wished for life" home friends dogs vacations and style end in murder?! Heartbreaking and tragic for all involved and those that knew and loved each man and their families. ⌚

by Anonymousreply 346May 7, 2018 7:36 AM

OMG. I'm crying as I type. My heart goes out.

by Anonymousreply 347May 7, 2018 7:41 AM

Should have spoken to Vera Donovan, first...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 348May 7, 2018 8:05 AM

Grandma had some lovely very white dentures!

by Anonymousreply 349May 7, 2018 8:18 AM

Older one really does look like the German actor Christolphe Waltz.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 350May 7, 2018 8:40 AM

She has those feminized eyes that can come only from a brow and/or upper lid lift.

by Anonymousreply 351May 7, 2018 9:01 AM

Anyone who thinks being all high-handed and moving out of the house while your partner is away - think again. The younger husband obviously felt a deep sense of betrayal - who wouldn’t? - and the action obviously exacerbated his considerable anxieties about the future.

Abusing your power is never a good idea. The way you say goodbye is the most important part of any relationship, obviously. This could’ve been avoided if there was more kindness involved in their parting and if all parties felt provided for. Divorce/separation is never good when it becomes about revenge, as it so often very quickly does.

by Anonymousreply 352May 7, 2018 9:07 AM

^^moving out of the house while your partner is away *is a good idea* - think again...

by Anonymousreply 353May 7, 2018 9:08 AM

Or, R335, slapped Ben silly.

by Anonymousreply 354May 7, 2018 9:19 AM

Be suspicious of any beneficiaries.

by Anonymousreply 355May 7, 2018 10:37 AM

Has Deb Messing commented yet?

by Anonymousreply 356May 7, 2018 11:11 AM

Yes, coddle the crazy. That way your bullet hole will be in your back.

by Anonymousreply 357May 7, 2018 11:12 AM

If the older guy was shacked up ahead of the divorce papers, moving out quietly and safely was certainly justified. Leaving the partner to discover this all at once is cruel but do we know that was the case.

The deadly mistake here was not a stealthy exit, it was letting oneself be alone with jilted husband afterwards.

Consider what R346 says. If they had just been wounded, the one who pulled the trigger would probably have regretted the crime after a few months.

Obviously a heated crime of passion and revenge.

by Anonymousreply 358May 7, 2018 11:27 AM

I would have handled things differently.

by Anonymousreply 359May 7, 2018 12:03 PM

If he can't have him NOBODY can.

by Anonymousreply 360May 7, 2018 1:05 PM

[quote] As for Ben, Texas divorce is brutal on the non-monied spouse right?

Texas is a community property state, so 50/50 split.

by Anonymousreply 361May 7, 2018 1:14 PM

Don't listen to R352. His advice sucks.

I have NO idea what went down between these two particular men, but the existence of cross restraining orders suggests there was a history of violence between them. Judges do not place people under such court orders without evidence. If you are in a relationship that is plagued by violence, then moving out while the violent partner is away is the absolute best way to do it. Plan it carefully. Have the best support network you can put together. Move when the partner is away.

You should also do a lot of other things that these guys did not do. First of all, obey court orders! They were legally restrained from meeting one another, but did it anyway. And they did it in the worst way possible.

Once things get so bad that you and partner have court orders restraining each of you from talking to the other, understand that things are really bad. Communicate, if necessary, through your lawyers. If you want to cozy up to the person you once swore under oath was a threat to your safety, then go to court and ask the judge to lift the order.

by Anonymousreply 362May 7, 2018 1:37 PM

Blah blah blah

by Anonymousreply 363May 7, 2018 2:13 PM

R362 Good advice.

[quote]the existence of cross restraining orders suggests there was a history of violence between them.

Interesting though that the make-up guy's Instagram account shows them in vacation together in January. Perhaps the breakdown of their relationship and violence (or threats of violence) were recent.

by Anonymousreply 364May 7, 2018 4:07 PM

Probably some little Latino twink came in between them

by Anonymousreply 365May 7, 2018 4:45 PM

R361 - got it. At this stage the only community property was the house, which was probably underwater given all the overimprovements and overbuilding. 50% of negative equity meant $0 for poor Ben. I’m sure Rene had a boy toy, that can drive even a level headed bottom to the edge, much less a crazy one like Ben.

by Anonymousreply 366May 7, 2018 4:48 PM

The Hershey Highway is the road to......death!

by Anonymousreply 367May 7, 2018 4:59 PM

When will they announce the shooter? I imagine there will be liability issues with Rene’s premarital assets should it be shown he did it - but I bet it was Ben.

Oddly enough, this may bring a kind of fucked-up, lurid, camp glamour to the street. If the Real estate boom continues I bet you’ll see the next couple of tear downs and spec-houses go up soon. Especially if it’s a good location like everyone says - this will stick out for gay and millennial homebuyers who love internet gossip. Crime of passion are viewed differently and the dogs were not hurt. Poor guys, this may be the neighborhood catalyst they were otherwise hoping for.

by Anonymousreply 368May 7, 2018 5:15 PM

For a view of the murder-suicide through what I guess would be the alt-right lens, take a look at these comments.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 369May 7, 2018 5:15 PM

Good to hear that another member of our well-regulated militia is responsibly exercising his constitutional right.

by Anonymousreply 370May 7, 2018 5:16 PM

Ryan Murphy could bid on the house while the crime scene tape is still up and then shoot the story on the premises. He could even get the new bottom boy to portray himself for extra realness.

by Anonymousreply 371May 7, 2018 5:19 PM

R345 LOL

by Anonymousreply 372May 7, 2018 5:28 PM

I can assure you that our neighbor's son Joel had NOTHING to do with this...

by Anonymousreply 373May 7, 2018 5:51 PM

R371 - Preach!

by Anonymousreply 374May 7, 2018 5:55 PM

It seems that we never get a follow up on these cases.

Remember the Chicago professor who murdered his BF with the help of a Brit guy in Chicago? DL had more than one lively thread about those two... but there's no more info about them.

It'll probably be the same with this case... even more so since both are dead.

by Anonymousreply 375May 7, 2018 6:03 PM

Ask me no questions and I will tell you no lies...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 376May 7, 2018 6:07 PM

R371 - I would expect boy toy to be ready for his close-up right away! Query as to how many guys he’ll give his number to (or try to suck off) at Rene’s funeral...God this is so sad but so f***ing typical of these vapid queens...

by Anonymousreply 377May 7, 2018 6:25 PM

[quote]I would expect boy toy to be ready for his close-up right away!

If it were me I'd throw myself on the coffin.

by Anonymousreply 378May 7, 2018 6:34 PM

Does boy toy get the house? Will secret letters and pledges be revealed??

by Anonymousreply 379May 7, 2018 6:39 PM

I think that this was an ongoing domestic violence situation. It’s not easy to kill someone. Thankfully, most people on earth will never do it.

These two kept up appearances, but I’d bet good money that a pattern of domestic violence precluded this incident.

by Anonymousreply 380May 7, 2018 6:47 PM

Suppose Rene was the shooter, could Ben’s family sue and get Rene’s pre-marital assets and business?

by Anonymousreply 381May 7, 2018 6:53 PM

Updated

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 382May 7, 2018 7:07 PM

R381 So the bottom that got dumped for a much younger bottom did it as many correctly suspected

by Anonymousreply 383May 7, 2018 7:10 PM

Yup! And not surprisingly he was a hypocritical liberal gun grabber according to his Facebook posts! How hilarious that she had such strong convictions against guns (even just a month ago) and then went on to become a gun shooting murderess!

by Anonymousreply 384May 7, 2018 7:25 PM

[quote] At this stage the only community property was the house,

How do you know?

by Anonymousreply 385May 7, 2018 7:36 PM

From R181 link:

[quote] after a close and longtime friend of the couple got a disturbing text.

I hope they reveal what it said.

by Anonymousreply 386May 7, 2018 7:37 PM

So the old nelly-looking one was the 'top'?

by Anonymousreply 387May 7, 2018 7:40 PM

Autopsy: Younger Ben killed older Rene.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 388May 7, 2018 7:42 PM

OMG, did you see the neighbor being interviewed in the video in R181's link (the bottom video)? It was "Joel"!

by Anonymousreply 389May 7, 2018 7:43 PM

I meant R382's link.

by Anonymousreply 390May 7, 2018 7:44 PM

[quote]Yup! And not surprisingly he was a hypocritical liberal gun grabber according to his Facebook posts!

If the "hypocritical gun grabbers" had their way (our way), far fewer of these crimes of passion would occur.

by Anonymousreply 391May 7, 2018 7:47 PM

Jesus, I don't why, but I somehow thought the Republicans had kind of given up on homophobia. Freerepublic shows that they've doubled down on it.

by Anonymousreply 392May 7, 2018 8:15 PM

Republicans have become the party of "hate everyone who's not a straight white middle American Christian."

by Anonymousreply 393May 7, 2018 8:20 PM

If he hadn't killed himself, could he have argued the Terra Cotta Defense? Like the Twinkie Defense? The chemicals in his botox and makeup drove him insane?

by Anonymousreply 394May 7, 2018 8:24 PM

The kooks on freerepublic hate republicans like Bush and McConnell more then they hate gay guys or Hillary. They're too liberal. Once upon a time they had sane people there but like on democratic underground, they were purged away over the years.

by Anonymousreply 395May 7, 2018 8:28 PM

R385 - maybe not the only community property - but if there was substantially more I’m not sure Ben would have gone this far this soon...Gay or straight, Texas trades in a tawdry way on money and looks. He still had his look would be lucky to get a shared 2 bedroom in Sugarland...

by Anonymousreply 396May 7, 2018 8:35 PM

The bottom was messed up. She be crazy. Sodomy is anything but “gay” - a disgusting practice of the reprobate mind, utterly darkened by narcissism, and the demonic insatiable desire to possess that to which one has no right. Intrinsically disordered, diametrically opposed to life, and by its very nature violent. According to saint Catherine of Sienna, even the demons, being angelic in their original nature, flee such a depraved creature.

by Anonymousreply 397May 7, 2018 8:41 PM

If he was so opposed to guns, how did he get a gun in the first place? Had he always had a gun? Did he just buy one?

by Anonymousreply 398May 7, 2018 8:43 PM

I'm just glad Brooke Shields is ok.

by Anonymousreply 399May 7, 2018 8:46 PM

""If you want to cozy up to the person [who is a] threat..."

Wear a suit of armour.

by Anonymousreply 400May 7, 2018 8:58 PM

And it all ended in the bathroom???

We didn’t even get bathroom shots when we took that realtor’s photo tour of the home.

by Anonymousreply 401May 7, 2018 8:58 PM

I’m just glad the pups are ok. Screw these two losers.

by Anonymousreply 402May 7, 2018 9:31 PM

I wonder if the original intent was to scare the older husband. Emotions got out of hand, a fatal shot was fired, the younger realized the what he had done and then turned the gun on himself.

Older guy yelled dramatically "You're too much of a chicken shit to shoot!" Bam! Thud. "Oh my God! Fuuuuuuck! What did I do? Fuuuuck! Oh my God! Rene?!!" Bam! Thud.

by Anonymousreply 403May 7, 2018 9:32 PM

I read a retired cop's blog (or book maybe) many years ago, and the one line that stuck with me was, "You'd be surprised how many people's last words are, "You don't have the guts to shoot me.'"

DONT EVER SAY THAT TO ANYONE.

by Anonymousreply 404May 7, 2018 9:48 PM

This is also a goodie

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 405May 7, 2018 10:17 PM

Who gets the house and cash?

by Anonymousreply 406May 7, 2018 10:24 PM

The Botoxed Bottom shot his husband "several times" - it wasn't just a random shot that went awry. He blasted Rene to death repeatedly.

Quit trying to defend the make-up queen just because you think he's hot.

by Anonymousreply 407May 7, 2018 10:29 PM

R407, what a great idea! Botox for bungholes!

by Anonymousreply 408May 7, 2018 10:41 PM

Told ya I was hard core

by Anonymousreply 409May 7, 2018 11:00 PM

Marriage license was from 2016, probably not a lot of community property. Ben was fucked and not the good way.

by Anonymousreply 410May 7, 2018 11:05 PM

R398 - it’s called “virtue signaling”, done quite a bit nowadays.

by Anonymousreply 411May 7, 2018 11:08 PM

After being together for more than 20 years, Benjamin was still referring to his husband as his 'honey' just one year ago. And they seemed to have a picture perfect life. With the best of everything.

I usually find those perfect posts annoying. But maybe it's just my own jealousy.

What a difference a year makes! Now I can't stop my own schadenfreude. I'm bad.

by Anonymousreply 412May 7, 2018 11:09 PM

I don't feel schadenfreude about this. Who were they harming when alive? I knew a sugar daddy who was murdered. He was increasingly lost in his delusions but he didn't deserve that!

by Anonymousreply 413May 7, 2018 11:14 PM

Til Death Do Us Part: The Ben Ruiz Story

by Anonymousreply 414May 8, 2018 12:01 AM

Bigger in death than life.

by Anonymousreply 415May 8, 2018 12:02 AM

Hell hath no fury like a bottom scorned.

by Anonymousreply 416May 8, 2018 12:55 AM

The new bottom isn't even pretty just young enough that everything sticks up...

by Anonymousreply 417May 8, 2018 1:00 AM

"...I can't stop my own Schadenfreude. "

Join the crowd. We're at Yankee Stadium.

by Anonymousreply 418May 8, 2018 1:03 AM

Shot him three times. Just shows Ben was really pissed and out of control. I imagine we'll get a drug report in some weeks showing Ben was hopped up.

DLers in or near Houston come on, go to the funerals and report back, svp.

by Anonymousreply 419May 8, 2018 1:17 AM

[quote] You should also do a lot of other things that these guys did not do. First of all, obey court orders! They were legally restrained from meeting one another, but did it anyway. And they did it in the worst way possible.

You mean, with a gun?

by Anonymousreply 420May 8, 2018 1:21 AM

Pups

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 421May 8, 2018 1:32 AM

Are you sure they weren't straight?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 422May 8, 2018 1:40 AM

Who is the young guy between them? Could that be the youngster Rene dumped Ben for?

by Anonymousreply 423May 8, 2018 1:41 AM

PLEASE tell me he didn't shoot those dogs

by Anonymousreply 424May 8, 2018 1:44 AM

R422 I assume he's their fat friend's boy toy. Rene saw his friends were all upgrading for younger pieces and wanted to do the same.

by Anonymousreply 425May 8, 2018 1:47 AM

R423, I think you are correct. R422, the fat friend is in the news video, he's the one who got the disturbing text that sent the police.

by Anonymousreply 426May 8, 2018 1:50 AM

Wow the fraus on his instagram loved Ben, are they aware he was a jealous murderer?

by Anonymousreply 427May 8, 2018 1:50 AM

R425, I prefer "prosperous."

by Anonymousreply 428May 8, 2018 1:52 AM

"Stocky".

by Anonymousreply 429May 8, 2018 1:53 AM

The only way I can think that ugly house is worth $1.5 million (in Houston especially) is if the pipes are all made of gold. It looks like a cracker box house built in a not so great area with office buildings practically on top of it.

I'm betting the young one with the perky brows is the one who murdered the old guy. The young one looks like he was probably a prissy queen trying to look butch, and you can never trust them.

by Anonymousreply 430May 8, 2018 1:55 AM

R430 your bet is correct but your'e also like 100 posts late dear

by Anonymousreply 431May 8, 2018 1:58 AM

[quote] I'm betting the young one with the perky brows is the one who murdered the old guy.

Well hon, given that's what the coroners report released said as reported above, you'd be right.

READ THE THREAD BEFORE YOU POST.

by Anonymousreply 432May 8, 2018 2:11 AM

Hey Guy in Houston,

Please tell us the dogs are being adopted by friends.

Thanks

by Anonymousreply 433May 8, 2018 2:12 AM

The gays in Houston who knew them must be reeling over this.

They appeared to have a large social circle, where they entertained often, or were often entertained.

I would love to see someone who really knew them well, post. No way were these two just fabulous and perfect. There had to be some ugly underpinnings for such a heinous end to it all.

by Anonymousreply 434May 8, 2018 2:23 AM

[quote]r401 And it all ended in the bathroom??? We didn’t even get bathroom shots when we took that realtor’s photo tour of the home.

Maybe it was all just an argument about wallpaper, gone terribly wrong?

by Anonymousreply 435May 8, 2018 2:38 AM

Was the Ben using steroids

by Anonymousreply 436May 8, 2018 2:52 AM

^ OMG was thinking the same thing. He had the build of someone a quite a bit younger. Would explain a lot.

by Anonymousreply 437May 8, 2018 2:56 AM

You would have already discussed roids 250 posts ago if you'd read the thread.

by Anonymousreply 438May 8, 2018 3:02 AM

Maybe it was sterroids?

by Anonymousreply 439May 8, 2018 3:07 AM

If you want to ask questions or raise theories, then read the whole damned thread first.

by Anonymousreply 440May 8, 2018 3:08 AM

I am reading the autopsy report. This was a violent murder. Ben the makeup artist may have been on steriods and other drugs. Now we know why René was the first to place a restraining order on Ben!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 441May 8, 2018 3:14 AM

R440 I am saying that steroids can cause mood swings, and maybe the younger one, Bert, was perhaps on them for bodybuilding ( they are sometimes used for that because they build muscle mass.)

Anyway, One has to be quite angry to fire a gun (and the couple was together for 10 years, at least) so that takes a LOT of anger/emotion/whathaveyou. My theory is: the sterroids he was taking for body-building/muscle-mass caused a mood swing, CAUSING him to shoot the gun....killing the older one.

Get it?

by Anonymousreply 442May 8, 2018 3:15 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 443May 8, 2018 3:19 AM

Am I the only one who hates Ben's suit at R441?

by Anonymousreply 444May 8, 2018 3:19 AM

Rene's restraining on Ben was useless to stop the murderer.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 445May 8, 2018 3:23 AM

I wonder if they fought over the gun.

Three shots to Rene: leg. torso, head.

by Anonymousreply 446May 8, 2018 4:13 AM

Earlier above they said his social media was of the gun-grabber persuasion. It only stands to reason he'd be a lousy shot.

by Anonymousreply 447May 8, 2018 4:20 AM

R443 Dum dum, read the thread.

by Anonymousreply 448May 8, 2018 6:10 AM

What was the text message sent by the murderer, Ben to his friends that alerted the police?

by Anonymousreply 449May 8, 2018 6:46 AM

In the spirit of it all, the young Latino in Reply 422 might just be worth killing for. He's darlin'! Let's hear more about her--or is she a top, maybe?

by Anonymousreply 450May 8, 2018 7:18 AM

The rage of the soon to be ex. Is beyond disturbing! With so many social outlets, career and relative youth and wherewithall how pathetic. Makes one not want to ever go out on a date again!!!

by Anonymousreply 451May 8, 2018 8:07 AM

Wow so one of these guys killed the other? Any guesses which one? My theory is the older one had a side piece and was going to dump the younger one. Which one is the older? Or maybe it could have been fumes coming off all the finishes in their fabulous luxury decor. And pictures of the house?

by Anonymousreply 452May 8, 2018 8:21 AM

A life of conspicuous consumption, artifice, and fac¿ade. Make-up, indeed.

by Anonymousreply 453May 8, 2018 8:36 AM

We must have had a hundred contacts with fancy fruits like that. Thank God we left after an hour or less with hundreds of dollars in our pocket!

by Anonymousreply 454May 8, 2018 8:43 AM

R452 No one knows...it's a complete mystery!

by Anonymousreply 455May 8, 2018 8:44 AM

R452 and r455 have You not read any of the previous posts or autopsy report in links above?

by Anonymousreply 456May 8, 2018 8:56 AM

The older one looks a bit like Nancy Reagan.

by Anonymousreply 457May 8, 2018 9:20 AM

Do you think steroids could have been involved. I can see them being taken in that ugly cracker box house, that's not worth $1.5 million, especially in Houston!

And no, I didn't read the rest of this 450+ reply thread because I have a life and I don't have time to rummage through the miscellany of most huge threads.

by Anonymousreply 458May 8, 2018 9:59 AM

I don't know about the steroids R458, good theory! But reported upthread was oxy and meth and both of them linked to a Mexican cartel and supplying Houston's gay scene and society types too. The sidepiece with the horsecock has a record but may have been an undercover stooge. He's disappeared, suspicious, huh? What do you think?

by Anonymousreply 459May 8, 2018 10:08 AM

I am starting to wonder if anyone clicks on and reads the news updates throughout the thread. I am now at approx. R250, and everyone is still questioning who killed who and then shot himself. A piece from the Houston newspaper 50 posts earlier stated that the younger shot the elder.

You guys are bright as hell. You are sharp and witty as fuck.

How could you miss a rather salient detail such as a news update?

by Anonymousreply 460May 8, 2018 10:10 AM

I realised yesterday my boss rarely reads emails from staff, R460, and you're just waking up to lazy navel gazing online?

by Anonymousreply 461May 8, 2018 10:13 AM

Maybe it was steroids?

by Anonymousreply 462May 8, 2018 10:20 AM

"How could you miss...a news update?"

R460, it takes work, but we're conscientious.

by Anonymousreply 463May 8, 2018 10:30 AM

Youz guys are ignoring the KNOWN FACTS!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 464May 8, 2018 10:32 AM

Anyone know how much their house is worth? So this was in Dallas, or Houston? My theory is Houston.

by Anonymousreply 465May 8, 2018 10:41 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 466May 8, 2018 10:54 AM

Makeup Most Foul: The Ben Ruiz Story

by Anonymousreply 467May 8, 2018 11:15 AM

R461 Wow, you really hit me where I live with that comment. I have four email accounts(each on a different browser) and yet I have not read an email in nearly 6 months.

I have learned my lesson now about throwing stones.

But you guys really are as sharp as tacks(to use my late mother's expression.)

by Anonymousreply 468May 8, 2018 11:22 AM

The younger guy had given his sugar daddy AIDS because of his sluttish ways.

by Anonymousreply 469May 8, 2018 11:28 AM

I agree that the shooter bottom as pictured at R229 has a body which would do a 35 year old proud.

But it you look a Gramps in the same photo, but cover his head, he is outstanding for a man is his sixties. Sure, there are telltale signs of seniority which cannot be denied; but he looks firm...and I will bet good money he works almost as hard as junior to keep his elder bod as firm as he did.

I am embarrassed to admit, while I am no spring chicken myself, I simply cannot become aroused by the body of someone over 60.

Rene was very doable.

by Anonymousreply 470May 8, 2018 11:30 AM

Benjamin was not on steroids or any other drugs. He barely drank (he had a heart condition so he couldn't). However, those are pec implants, and he had abdominal etching, lipo, etc., plus calf implants, and of course facial fillers and botox. Also, they were both tops with big dicks...so there was always a third party involved, if you know what I mean. However, they always seemed completely devoted to each other, and they were a lot of fun to be around. Rene could be kind of cranky and snarky, but he was very smart. I don't know what's going to happen with the memorial service; how do you not mention the violent end?

by Anonymousreply 471May 8, 2018 12:39 PM

Keep going R130.

Was there anything about Ben that suggested he'd be capable of doing something like this? Absolutely no signs?

by Anonymousreply 472May 8, 2018 12:49 PM

R472, absolutely no signs I was aware of, but I hadn't seen them in about a year. We shared a large group of friends and no one so far has said they saw this coming. I don't know what's happened with the dogs, but I'll find out this week. They both had extended families here so I'm assuming that's where they've gone.

by Anonymousreply 473May 8, 2018 12:55 PM

R473 Anything about Ben's financial situation? So many of those high-profile "glamour" jobs are actually surprisingly low pay.

by Anonymousreply 474May 8, 2018 1:00 PM

R474, I always thought he was doing very well. He always had beautiful clothes, watches and cars. Who knows? They also had a house in Puerto Vallarta that was pretty nice...high on a hill with its own pool.

by Anonymousreply 475May 8, 2018 1:05 PM

Smokey eye, smoking gun; the Ben Ruiz story.

This isn’t the type of murder that was over wallpaper. No, this was serious. This was over tile.

by Anonymousreply 476May 8, 2018 1:30 PM

[quote]Screw these two losers.

Necrophilia at this point, I'm afraid.

by Anonymousreply 477May 8, 2018 1:49 PM

The older one sat on the $15,000 white custom-made sofa bare ass. The younger one went ballistic (literally)

A couple of comments about face makeup ruining EVERYTHING in the house. Well, the rest is history.

by Anonymousreply 478May 8, 2018 1:53 PM

Lol, R478!

by Anonymousreply 479May 8, 2018 1:58 PM

You can make this shit up

by Anonymousreply 480May 8, 2018 2:13 PM

sizemeat verificatia?

by Anonymousreply 481May 8, 2018 2:28 PM

So if they were both sharing bottoms, why the break up?

by Anonymousreply 482May 8, 2018 2:36 PM

[quote] those are pec implants, and he had abdominal etching, lipo, etc., plus calf implants, and of course facial fillers and botox

Houston reconstruction doctors must be devastated at the loss of such a profitable customer.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 483May 8, 2018 3:08 PM

That body doesn’t look fake. Even if it is, he worked out.

I’ve seen fake abs, and they don’t line up like that.

by Anonymousreply 484May 8, 2018 3:15 PM

That picture at r422 is really unnerving. Why are so many rich gay men obsessed with tiny yappy dogs?

by Anonymousreply 485May 8, 2018 3:17 PM

W&W for r476!

by Anonymousreply 486May 8, 2018 3:22 PM

I wonder if they were fighting over custody of the dogs? The Italian Greyhound looks ancient. Maybe it died and Rene realized that they had nothing in common but caring for the elderly dog. And he saw a bit of himself in that dog and he decided to get some even younger ass in order to feel like a puppy again.

by Anonymousreply 487May 8, 2018 3:57 PM

They probably just drifted apart. Their relationship reminds me of Elton and David Furnish; they'd been together for decades and were most likely not even sleeping together anymore. I would bet money that they were both seeing other people and the older guy met someone and simply decided he'd had enough.

by Anonymousreply 488May 8, 2018 4:04 PM

I'm sure they were fearsomely bitchy--rich gay men obsessed with small yappy dogs usually are (think of team Guido from "The Amazing Race").

You would not want to miss one of their brunches if you were invited, or else your love life would be Topic A for ungenerous discussion.

by Anonymousreply 489May 8, 2018 4:15 PM

I like the house.

Take out the overly ornate furniture and do some cosmetic changes, the house would be fine...

by Anonymousreply 490May 8, 2018 4:32 PM

R489, you're completely wrong, and possibly projecting. They were the opposite of bitchy, and, in fact, self-deprecatingly funny. That's why this is so impossible to believe.

by Anonymousreply 491May 8, 2018 5:10 PM

Please go to memorial and tell us what happens. You're our only link, man.

by Anonymousreply 492May 8, 2018 5:26 PM

I'll go to the memorial service if I can find out when and where it will be.

by Anonymousreply 493May 8, 2018 6:06 PM

I'll be there. I know where it will be -- just not the date and time yet.

by Anonymousreply 494May 8, 2018 7:12 PM

The Makeup artist Ben must have been a truly evil human being to murder in cold blood. I am surprised that René did not throw Ben out years ago.

by Anonymousreply 495May 8, 2018 8:21 PM

R494, we here at DL would very much like to attend. Obviously, we can’t all make it, so I vote we send BILL TAYLOR on our behalf, as our ambassador.

by Anonymousreply 496May 8, 2018 8:35 PM

[quote]Please tell us the dogs are being adopted by friends.

One of Ben's cousins confirmed on IG that they're being cared for by family.

by Anonymousreply 497May 8, 2018 8:41 PM

Those poor dogs. I imagine they saw it all happen.

by Anonymousreply 498May 8, 2018 8:44 PM

I imagine Houston has it's own City/Lifestyle magazine... this story calls out for an investigative gossipy human-interest story a few months from now after things have settled.

The kind of thing Vanity Fair does.

by Anonymousreply 499May 8, 2018 9:16 PM

BUMP

by Anonymousreply 500May 8, 2018 9:19 PM

This will eventually make a great miniseries for Ryan Murphy. i will be interested when the full story comes out as to how much debt they were under, what drugs they were using, what guys they were both seeing on the side, what they spent their money besides that very Texas house, etc.

by Anonymousreply 501May 8, 2018 9:23 PM

They left behind computers and phones, so there's a slim chance that nudes and/or sex tapes may leak.

by Anonymousreply 502May 8, 2018 9:53 PM

The sex tapes must out there already. Their Mexican holiday orgies were legendary.

by Anonymousreply 503May 8, 2018 11:18 PM

If I won the lotto, I don't think I'd ever settle down and trust one guy.

I'd just buy lots and lots of fun.

by Anonymousreply 504May 8, 2018 11:20 PM

The price on that house will plummet. Who wants to live in a murder-suicide house?

by Anonymousreply 505May 8, 2018 11:34 PM

I honestly would, r505.

"Come visit me at THE MURDER HOUSE!!!"

by Anonymousreply 506May 8, 2018 11:37 PM

Their ghosts will haunt you while you poo in the loo.

by Anonymousreply 507May 8, 2018 11:47 PM

All the more fun.

by Anonymousreply 508May 8, 2018 11:48 PM

This incident might give the street the attention it needs to take off.

by Anonymousreply 509May 9, 2018 1:15 AM

DL priorities at R502

by Anonymousreply 510May 9, 2018 1:31 AM

r498 Those poor dogs. I imagine they saw it all happen.

Oh please, enough about those stupid toy dogs!

They probably thought it was a great game, jumping all over the weeping, struggling couple as they wrestled over the gun. In fact, the frisky, nipping teacup sized dogs might have set off the trigger.

Then the dogs had a nice snack as they ate their owners' faces over the weekend.

by Anonymousreply 511May 9, 2018 1:36 AM

I'd dying to see sex vids of Benjamin Ruiz. So hot.

by Anonymousreply 512May 9, 2018 2:30 AM

I wonder if Brooke Shields will speak at the memorial

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 513May 9, 2018 3:27 AM

The photo at R344 shows how well Benjamin presents when he is dressed up. And of course we know he looked splendid when dressed down. Someone mentioned upthread that Ben could have easily attracted a moneyed older woman who was looking for companionship, a good looking, well dressed escort along with the bonus of his makeup and hair styling skills. I am a 62 year old woman with 3 times the apparent bet worth of Rene, and I would have eagerly scooped him up following his untimely dumping. And natch he would have had free rein to have his fill of "boys on the side."

I guess he was so hurt he just couldn't see all the opportunities which would be open to him following the break up.

by Anonymousreply 514May 9, 2018 3:51 AM

R514 here. the word "moneyed" does not look right to me. I typed monied, but autocorrect changed it. Just wanted to add that before the spelling trolls oh deared me.

by Anonymousreply 515May 9, 2018 3:54 AM

Why would a straight woman "scoop up" a gay man? No matter how old she is.

by Anonymousreply 516May 9, 2018 4:06 AM

R393 Please don't jump to conclusions just from reading the replies of some misanthropes on Free Republic. Your instincts are correct. For instance, my parents are died in the wool Faux News watching Republicans with very traditional values and ideas. But as so many in that demographic, upon learning that one of their beloved grandkids(or any relative or close friend) is gay, they modified their beliefs after the initial shock.

Those Freepers do not represent more than 20% of the right.

by Anonymousreply 517May 9, 2018 4:08 AM

R516 I thought I made that clear in my post.

by Anonymousreply 518May 9, 2018 4:09 AM

Republicans think gay people are a half a step above child molesters.

by Anonymousreply 519May 9, 2018 9:34 AM

Where do you people live that you think all republicans are mouth breathing evangelicals? You sound like naive children. All the republicans I know are just rich or well off---not socially conservative in the least. They care about protecting their assets and paying less taxes. That's really all there is to it. They don't GAF who you fuck....or have any opinion about you at all for that matter. Get over yourselves.

by Anonymousreply 520May 9, 2018 10:19 AM

Who gets ALL that "fabulous" crystal and china and silver?

by Anonymousreply 521May 9, 2018 10:30 AM

Fish are not interested in sex and they certainly don't pay for it.

by Anonymousreply 522May 9, 2018 10:52 AM

Shut up R522. You obviously didn't grasp the finer point of the lady's comment.

by Anonymousreply 523May 9, 2018 11:30 AM

R514, why would you pay to "keep" a man in an extravagant lifestyle (which he clearly would expect) when you can just hire the services of stylist and escort by the hour when needed? It 'might' be worth it if he's at least boning you on the regular, but this gay dude wouldn't be. Besides, a woman can hire out THAT 'service' too rather easily and inexpensively (when the mood strikes), and have her pick of young, straight studs to do the job (and then leave). No need to bankroll an aging queen.

by Anonymousreply 524May 9, 2018 11:47 AM

At 62, most women can live without sex. Interstellar companionship is another matter.

by Anonymousreply 525May 9, 2018 12:01 PM

We have loads of girlfriends for companionship, R525.

by Anonymousreply 526May 9, 2018 12:13 PM

No R520, they don't give a fuck how their party treats gays, as long as they have their tax cuts.

by Anonymousreply 527May 9, 2018 12:15 PM

Sorry, R514, but Benjamin does not present well when all dressed up. The fabric of that suit is, at best, gauche and ill-advised. The tailoring is insane. The suit looks two sizes too small. And in every photo we've seen of this troubled man, his smile is both manic and tense, his apparel is more of a costume for a man he's trying desperately to be.

If I saw him in a bar, I would run the other way. Which is good. And I am still alive to post this observation.

by Anonymousreply 528May 9, 2018 12:28 PM

I very much regret the fact that our R514 didn't get to him in time to save Benjamin. That is a handsome man and his body is great. Glad to see there are other leg lovers her. Muscular, well-shaped and hairy. Superb!

Maybe he was obnoxious and one of those spend, spend, spend guys but I don't care for those "trade him in for a younger model guys". That's not nice. I immediately thought that the young latin stud in R422 was the trade-in model though.

by Anonymousreply 529May 9, 2018 1:46 PM

Tight young Latin looks more like Powder Blue Shirt's own private Benjamin.

by Anonymousreply 530May 9, 2018 2:02 PM

R520, I agree. It’s about fiscal policy. The Republicans I know are quite liberal as far as abortion and gay rights. They don’t care what other people do as long as they don’t have to pay for it.

by Anonymousreply 531May 9, 2018 3:42 PM

Except for the Religious Right, Republicans don't care about a goddamned thing except themselves. That's why they are Republicans. Me. Me. Me.

by Anonymousreply 532May 9, 2018 4:34 PM

R529 keeping every shallow, and superficial stereotype of gay men alive and well!

by Anonymousreply 533May 9, 2018 5:24 PM

I thought the house was very nice. Location may be a problem but I don't know the city. It was certainly a lot of house - and nice house at that - for the price. Okay it may have been a bit over the top here and there for my tastes now but it was overall a nicely done interior.

And Benjamin probably made very good money, Those jobs can pay very well. So his desperation at being dumped had to have been more than financial.

Someone opined upthread that judges don't give out restrianing orders easily but after dealing with them for decades I can tell you that is exactly what they do. The legal standard to get such an order is very very low and it often is simply on the say-so of one of the parties - with no corroborating proof required. So don't put too much stock in the fact there were such orders. It can often be a tactic in divorce proceedings or for those contemplating divorce. Not that it should be ignored completely - it could be a good clue.

Their personalities may have been too divergent. At first, and even for a while, differing personalities may complement each other, but can end up just grating or intolerable.

It really is sad. I wish splitting couples could just celebrate the good times they shared and move on. Like Al and Tipper.

by Anonymousreply 534May 9, 2018 6:56 PM

[quote] The Republicans I know are quite liberal as far as abortion and gay rights. They don’t care what other people do as long as they don’t have to pay for it.

Well, how very enlightened of the assholes.

No, they don't care what other people do, as long as they are allowed to stiff the government via contracts to their businesses, use government resources to keep pay artificially low, use the government to keep asset prices artificially high, and use the government to break standing contracts and agreements with poor people.

They're not paying for anything they haven't already stolen.

by Anonymousreply 535May 9, 2018 7:28 PM

R534, They were together for 22 years! They traveled together shared friends and had 2 houses together. You trivialize how interconnected their lives had been and make it seem like they should have just checked into another hotel. They do not seem to have separate lives for most of those years as one of their Houston friends has posted here.

by Anonymousreply 536May 9, 2018 7:35 PM

We sign restraining orders at the drop of a hat. Because if it goes south we want to make sure our asses are covered.

by Anonymousreply 537May 9, 2018 7:41 PM

[quote]The fabric of that suit is, at best, gauche and ill-advised. The tailoring is insane. The suit looks two sizes too small.

It's a very good suit. An update on the windowpane pattern and it's very on trend at the moment. Remember he was working in fashion environment.

Good design, color, cloth. It's stylish. It's not guache at all.

It's not my personal taste... but it looks good on the right guy and it's right for him.

It's very Euro. It's not an American look.

And the guys has a huge torso and arms.. .so unless he only goes with custom tailored suits, he's going to be a bit bulging. But again: tight fitting suits are what's happening now . It looks fine to me.

[quote]And in every photo we've seen of this troubled man, his smile is both manic and tense

There is that. But comes across very polished in his videos.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 538May 9, 2018 7:43 PM

I was rushing...please excuse the typos.

by Anonymousreply 539May 9, 2018 7:44 PM

Am I on trend too, fashionistas?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 540May 9, 2018 7:55 PM

[quote] You trivialize how interconnected their lives had been and make it seem like they should have just checked into another hotel.

R536, how have I trivialized anything? Because I think adults have to handle their breakups with grace and decency rather than MURDER? Don't read into my remarks what's not there. They had a great life together it seems and that's something to be grateful for - some people never achieve that. Al and Tipper ARE the role models for late in life splits.

by Anonymousreply 541May 9, 2018 10:54 PM

Everyone is talking as if Benjamin should have just made a coldly rational decision once Rene dumped him, but it looks like they were both Latin American, and Latin men can be extremely passionate and violent and irrational if they feel they've been screwed over in love matters. Their egos get heavily involved.

by Anonymousreply 542May 10, 2018 12:11 AM

Dear r534,

MARY!

by Anonymousreply 543May 10, 2018 1:15 AM

[quote] as one of their Houston friends has posted here

as one of their SUPPOSED (self claimed)Houston friends has posted here

by Anonymousreply 544May 10, 2018 1:18 AM

It's not a stretch to think the primo gay couple in Houston has friends who post here/look here. And no one has yet posted, "Hey they were my friends. And I know you are lying!"

by Anonymousreply 545May 10, 2018 1:58 AM

No, they did not, r545.

After 542 posts, however, we did finally get our “it’s their Latin fiery tempers” explanation, which I was dreading and yet fully expecting.

by Anonymousreply 546May 10, 2018 2:03 AM

Hey they were my friends. And I know you are lying.

by Anonymousreply 547May 10, 2018 2:25 AM

I am just hearing about this. A sad day for the gay community.

by Anonymousreply 548May 10, 2018 3:27 AM

R547,

In the words of Dorothy Zbornak when the sweaty big guy sat next to her at the baseball stadium,

"What kept you?"

by Anonymousreply 549May 10, 2018 3:28 AM

Al Gore was a Big cheater.

by Anonymousreply 550May 10, 2018 3:30 AM

Benjamin was beloved by the women he serviced.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 551May 10, 2018 3:38 AM

R540, it's so YOU. Love the insolent evocatipn of prison bars and gingham curtains.

by Anonymousreply 552May 10, 2018 3:45 AM

r551 They make it sound like he died in an accident and not that he fucking murdered someone and offed himself. I'm sure #lauramercier is super stoked to be tagged in all that shit.

by Anonymousreply 553May 10, 2018 3:52 AM

R553, we're talking about a "glamor"industry here! ImageM is EVERYTHING.

by Anonymousreply 554May 10, 2018 3:58 AM

[quote]r476 Smokey eye, smoking gun; the Ben Ruiz story.

Featuring Tori Spelling as Detective LaRue

This fall, only on [italic]Lifetime

by Anonymousreply 555May 10, 2018 4:06 AM

R512 "so hot"

Not anymore.

by Anonymousreply 556May 10, 2018 4:09 AM

In all these many posts, I can not find out the content of the message that was texted to friends that alerted the police of this crime?

by Anonymousreply 557May 10, 2018 4:25 AM

R130 left out the most important info.

by Anonymousreply 558May 10, 2018 4:35 AM

[quote] In all these many posts, I can not find out the content of the message that was texted to friends that alerted the police of this crime?

Here

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 559May 10, 2018 5:14 AM

What was the cosmetic boy, Benjamin's maiden name before he married René an took Rene's last name Ruiz?

by Anonymousreply 560May 10, 2018 6:08 AM

^McGillicuddy

by Anonymousreply 561May 10, 2018 6:46 AM

R553. They didn't do anything. SHE. Posted about her colleague.

by Anonymousreply 562May 10, 2018 7:41 AM

They were beloved by the local community and true role models for the children!

by Anonymousreply 563May 10, 2018 8:53 AM

R560 According to post R187 Benjamin's maiden name was Marshall.

by Anonymousreply 564May 10, 2018 1:34 PM

His "maiden" name?

by Anonymousreply 565May 10, 2018 2:38 PM

It seems like Benjamin was adored by other makeup artists around the world:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 566May 10, 2018 5:27 PM

We knew (in the Biblical sense) an LA makeup artist with a magnificent, thick, perfectly shaped 10 inches!

by Anonymousreply 567May 10, 2018 5:30 PM

Benjamin is a murderer... he deliberately shot and killed someone...he took someone's life.... yet these people are gushing about what a wonderful person he was.

It's sickening.

by Anonymousreply 568May 10, 2018 5:34 PM

They really shouldn't say anything , he was a cold blooded murderer

by Anonymousreply 569May 10, 2018 5:40 PM

R568, The professional associates knew a successful attractive role model and then hear of a crime of passion and death. I think they are shocked and sad at enormity of murder suicide.

by Anonymousreply 570May 10, 2018 5:41 PM

[570]Out of respect for the victim (and the victims family), you don't gush about what wonderful guy his murderer was.

by Anonymousreply 571May 10, 2018 5:46 PM

R570 Out of respect for the victim (and the victims family), you don't gush about what a wonderful guy his murderer was.

by Anonymousreply 572May 10, 2018 5:47 PM

But he was a great wonderful person up to the point of the murder. His friends shouldn't negate all that just because of one act.

by Anonymousreply 573May 10, 2018 5:51 PM

They should if he was so wonderful he would not kill someone.

by Anonymousreply 574May 10, 2018 5:54 PM

Nawww, I am pretty certain that if I had a true and loyal friend who had always shown me kindness and generosity(of spirit not $$) and suddenly I got a call that he/she had strangled his/her mother, I would just KNOW that something snapped...it was such an anomaly. I would still eulogize her/him as a dear friend.

NOW, if said friend had mowed down a group of innocent strangers at a mall food court, I believe that would immediately alter my impression of him.

by Anonymousreply 575May 10, 2018 6:01 PM

"No one knows what goes on behind closed doors."

by Anonymousreply 576May 10, 2018 6:11 PM

[quote]NOW, if said friend had mowed down a group of innocent strangers at a mall food court, I believe that would immediately alter my impression of him.

Like the mass shooter he's still a killer who planned to murder,

by Anonymousreply 577May 10, 2018 6:17 PM

I feel we need to discuss this little-known incident more fully.

The silence is deafening.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 578May 10, 2018 6:24 PM

You awful queens don't have any idea what went on between those two men or the level of distress either was feeling. (Well, maybe you can guess about Rene. After he was shot a bunch of times.) You don't know what mental health or emotional or psychological problems Benjamin was experiencing at that moment. Or why. These things can take over. It is possible to be a good guy who does an awful thing for reasons we will never know.

You don't have to approve of murder to have a bit of compassion for the guy. Even if he looks in every photo that he is trying far too hard. Maybe especially because of that. Something went terribly wrong that night. But for all the years that preceded that night, no one is piling on here with horrible stories about either one. And this is Data Lounge. If they were out there, it would not take 580 posts for them to be published here.

by Anonymousreply 579May 10, 2018 6:35 PM

Most probably it was an assisted suicide, and the younger one did not want to go on alone, after ceding to the elder's wishes.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 580May 10, 2018 6:55 PM

R577 If that is what you took from my post, then I do feel for you hon.

Here's another try: for those of us who have been in several extended relationships OR had a mother who was suffering from NPD or BPD, can anyone truly say in their heart of hearts, you have never let the thought of offing your loved one, if only for a brief second? If your answer id no, you are a very fortunate or a very easy going person. Either way, you have a charmed life.

by Anonymousreply 581May 10, 2018 7:06 PM

Who the fuck are you calling awful queens r579? People are awful because they say a fucking killer shouldn't be lauded? And fuck off, none of the "friends" who are posting about him are actual friends, they're just instagram assholes trying to insert themselves in this.

by Anonymousreply 582May 10, 2018 7:39 PM

R581 Yours is truly one of the most ridiculous posts I've ever read on DL.

by Anonymousreply 583May 10, 2018 8:02 PM

R583 Really" I applaud your candor as to your difficulties with reading comprehension.

by Anonymousreply 584May 10, 2018 8:17 PM

I can honestly say that I have never considered murdering a boyfriend, r581.

Maybe that question could be the next revealing DL poll.

by Anonymousreply 585May 10, 2018 8:41 PM

R582, you don't know what you're talking about. I knew Benjamin since he lived in Dallas in the 90s and dated one of my best friends, who remained Benjamin's best friend to the end. That was when he was Benjamin Marshall. He was always pretty smart with money. Even in his late 20s, he already owned a big house in a now-unfashionable area of Houston (Champions). He has a much younger brother who has been destroyed by this, as well as a sister. I know you don't want to believe he was a good person, but I can't think of him having a single enemy. And he wasn't some fucking "socialite" either -- when he wasn't working, he was at home or at the movies. Some of you people can only deal in stereotypes. I guess it makes your lives easier.

by Anonymousreply 586May 10, 2018 9:05 PM

So go start a charity in his name r586, giving makeup brushes to the underprivileged, if you're so torn up about this. You can't dictate how people are going to view someone who fucking murdered someone else, so stop trying.

by Anonymousreply 587May 10, 2018 9:10 PM

9300 views. Is that a record for a lined out post?

by Anonymousreply 588May 10, 2018 9:20 PM

[quote]I know you don't want to believe he was a good person.

"Rene Ruiz died of wounds to the head, torso and right leg "

Yes R586, he sounds like a doll!

by Anonymousreply 589May 10, 2018 9:28 PM

"But he was a great wonderful person up to the point of the murder. "

As they used to say: "Aside from that, Mrs. Lincoln, how did you enjoy the play? "

by Anonymousreply 590May 10, 2018 9:33 PM

Some people can just snap, can you tell us why he and Rene Ruiz were finally breaking up, r586.

by Anonymousreply 591May 10, 2018 9:40 PM

So why was there a murder/suicide plan?

by Anonymousreply 592May 10, 2018 9:48 PM

Tragic! I wonder what the last thing was that went through Rene’s head? Besides the bullet.

by Anonymousreply 593May 10, 2018 10:05 PM

R585 Remember, I said even for one brief second.

I did not mean everyone formulates a plan and then ruminates over the plan while deciding whether or not to go through with it.

Chris Rock does a bit in his stand up about how after 2 years, when ever you see your way just looking at you, she's thinking, "How can I kill this mother fucker and get away with it?" I meant it in that light spirit.

by Anonymousreply 594May 10, 2018 10:34 PM

By the way, this was not a "cold blooded murder." Cold is when you plot someone's murder, follow them around, execute according to a plan.

This was the definition of hot-blooded, probably the end of a terrible fight.

by Anonymousreply 595May 10, 2018 10:54 PM

We're almost done here, so here's PART II

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 596May 10, 2018 10:56 PM

[quote] This was the definition of hot-blooded, probably the end of a terrible fight.

You're guessing. Kept guy may have been plotting for weeks but Money Guy got wise so the job gets rushed leaving Fake Pecs no viable alibi.

by Anonymousreply 597May 10, 2018 11:17 PM

R568 We all have the freedom to look up to who we want to look up to.

I, personally, don't think either of them are hot.

by Anonymousreply 598May 10, 2018 11:54 PM

They will be missed. The Ruiz's were the kindest, most perfect couple, no one understands what went wrong????

by Anonymousreply 599May 11, 2018 4:32 AM

To look up to WHOM

I don't think they were hot either.

by Anonymousreply 600May 11, 2018 4:37 AM

Police still do not know why the murder/suicide took place!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 601May 11, 2018 4:38 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!