Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

For All the Right Treasons (The Mueller Investigation Part 21)

Continued discussion as we watch and see if Cohen continues to take the fall for his man Drumpf or if the fear of some prison love makes him decide their love affair is over... as well as a prelude to Comey's interview where we'll find out if he still feels, "mildly nauseous," for fucking everyone over in 2016... Either way, we can bet they both probably still feel justified.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 606April 17, 2018 12:13 AM

Link to previous thread for reference:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1April 11, 2018 11:15 PM

List of previous thread titles for reference:

First Charges Filed in Mueller Investigation (10/27/17)

First Charges Filed in Mueller Investigation, Part Two (10/28/17)

The Four Treasons: Mueller Investigation, Part 3 (10/31/17)

A Man For All Treasons: Mueller Investigation, Part 4 (11/5/17)

It's Beginning to Look a lot like Treason! The Mueller Investigation Part 5 (12/4/17)

Treason Is The Reason For The Season! The Mueller Investigation Part 6 (12/16/17)

Treason to Believe (The Mueller Investigation Part 7) (12/26/17)

I Love You For Sentimental Treasons (The Mueller Investigation Part 8) (1/3/18)

Give Me One Treason To Stay Here... (The Mueller Investigation Part 9) (1/15/18)

Treasons of Love (The Mueller Investigation Part 10) (1/24/18)

For Treasons Which Are Well Known To Them (The Mueller Investigation Part 11) (1/30/18)

Come on and Treason Down, Treason Down the Road (The Mueller Investigation Part 12) (2/6/18)

13 Treasons Why (The Mueller Investigation Part 13) (2/18/18)

By Treason of Insanity (The Mueller Investigation Part 14) (2/23/18)

The Edge of Treason (The Mueller Investigation Part 15) (2/28/18)

A Treason to Live; A Treason to Die (The Mueller Investigation Part 16)…(3/10/18)

Treasons of the Heart (The Mueller Investigation Part 17) (3/17/18)

A Stormy Treason (The Mueller Investigation Part 18) (3/21/18)

Lovin', Touchin', Treason (The Mueller Investigation Part 19) (3/26/18)

Everything Happens for a Treason (The Mueller Investigation Part 20) (4/4/18)

For All the Right Treasons (The Mueller Investigation Part 21) (4/11/18)

by Anonymousreply 2April 11, 2018 11:17 PM

Great thread title OP!

by Anonymousreply 3April 11, 2018 11:32 PM

Cohen is checking your nda with essential consultants, OP, to see if calling the Donald “Drumpf” violates its terms.

by Anonymousreply 4April 11, 2018 11:36 PM

I can't decide if Cohen looks more like Henry Winkler or a squealing pig in OPs pic.

by Anonymousreply 5April 11, 2018 11:40 PM

"Right"? I see what you’re doing there, OP. Very clever!

by Anonymousreply 6April 11, 2018 11:42 PM

Does Cohen have kids? I think family men kill themselves to save their family from the revelation and consequences.

by Anonymousreply 7April 11, 2018 11:42 PM

Cohen looks a bit like Lena Dunham

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8April 11, 2018 11:43 PM

r8, her name is LENS.

by Anonymousreply 9April 11, 2018 11:45 PM

21 threads to impeachment is not bad

by Anonymousreply 10April 11, 2018 11:51 PM

I do my best, R6.

by Anonymousreply 11April 11, 2018 11:52 PM

No Republican is sticking up for Trump or calling for anyone to be fired, right? Tick tock

by Anonymousreply 12April 12, 2018 12:02 AM

These threads are the best way I've found to keep up with the twists and turns on the road to impeachment.

by Anonymousreply 13April 12, 2018 12:02 AM

I wonder if there are tons of NDAs without Trump’s signature, meaning tons of people can now speak out about their lawsuits

by Anonymousreply 14April 12, 2018 12:10 AM

I have a bad feeling about Friday the 13th

by Anonymousreply 15April 12, 2018 12:42 AM

Well you know something has to happen since he's going to want to distract from the Cohen raid and the Comey interview.

by Anonymousreply 16April 12, 2018 12:45 AM

He will fire Rosenstein is my guess

Fox News is really pushing the deep state conspiracy

by Anonymousreply 17April 12, 2018 12:57 AM

The public needs to pull the plug on fox already.

by Anonymousreply 18April 12, 2018 1:16 AM

I’m tired of FOX “News” fabricating contexts for Trump’s misdeeds.

Shouldn’t that be illegal?

Murdoch infiltrating and deliberately misleading Americans - isn’t that illegal?

by Anonymousreply 19April 12, 2018 1:18 AM

No it’s not illegal

by Anonymousreply 20April 12, 2018 1:19 AM

Yep - all of their shills are paid consultants including nerd for hire Alan Dershowitz or Judge Jeanine Pirro - both of whom badly give Trump legal advice

by Anonymousreply 21April 12, 2018 1:20 AM

If / When the Dems take control they need to get the Fairness Doctrine back.

by Anonymousreply 22April 12, 2018 1:23 AM

Trump tweeted out that Hannity had a big show at 9......Hannity talking about the Comey crime family.....lol

And it gets better......Roger Stone says dont fire Mueller, clean house at the DOJ......and Bannon.....pitching a plan to white house aides to cripple Muellers investigation......lol Suddenly everyone panicking.......lol

Stone :

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23April 12, 2018 1:25 AM

Bannon :

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24April 12, 2018 1:26 AM

Trump is tweeting to his followers to watch Sean Hannity? Sad. You can’t make up what a joke he is and how embarrassing it is people voted for him

by Anonymousreply 25April 12, 2018 1:31 AM

CIA Director Mike Pompeo failed to disclose last year that he owned a Kansas business that imported oilfield equipment from a company owned by the Chinese government, McClatchy reports.

CIA Director Mike Pompeo failed to disclose last year that he owned a Kansas business that imported oilfield equipment from a company owned by the Chinese government.

That omission, on the questionnaire Pompeo was required to fill out for Senate confirmation to lead the spy agency, could cause a problem for him in Thursday’s confirmation hearing before the Senate Foreign Relations Committee to be President Donald Trump's secretary of state.

The issue with the Chinese company, which was confirmed in a series of documents obtained by McClatchy this week, never came up during his confirmation hearings last year. Many senators contacted Wednesday were reluctant to comment until they had more information.

Sen. Ben Cardin, D-Md., a committee member, said he was unfamiliar with the discrepancy, but said it was troubling.

by Anonymousreply 26April 12, 2018 1:31 AM

Scott Pruitt wanted EPA memorabilia, including challenge coins, leather-bound notebooks, fountain pens, and stationary, to have the EPA seal removed and replaced with his name prominently featured, NYT reports.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27April 12, 2018 1:34 AM

^^^Holy Fuk

by Anonymousreply 28April 12, 2018 1:36 AM

Wasn't that guy rumored to have given stuff to Nunes during the "midnight run" to the WH?

[quote]Ezra Cohen-Watnick, who was removed from Trump’s National Security Council by H.R. McMaster, is joining the Department of Justice as a national security adviser to Jeff Sessions, a source familiar with the matter told TPM.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29April 12, 2018 1:39 AM

I think it’s clear why Paul Ryan got out. The Up Shit Creek is overflowing

by Anonymousreply 30April 12, 2018 1:41 AM

r29....why would Sessions take in a disgraced acolyte of Mike Flynns ?........somethings fishy.

by Anonymousreply 31April 12, 2018 1:43 AM

Trump wants a mole in the Justice Dept

by Anonymousreply 32April 12, 2018 1:47 AM

Trump may also get rid of Sessions and replace him with Stephen Miller, or the clown from It

by Anonymousreply 33April 12, 2018 1:51 AM

Even if he could, I doubt Cohen would do the Oliver North and take one for the team... He's gonna squeal like a pig when the case is stacked against him. Trump doesn't really have any good options left. It's either a slow slide into the abyss employing distractions and delay tactics, or a quick chaotic implosion by firing Mueller. Either way, there won't be a 2020 for Trump. The USS Deplorable is about to sink.

by Anonymousreply 34April 12, 2018 1:59 AM

r19, it was illegal until Regan vetoed The Fairness Doctrine. The scumbags have been dismantling America for a long time.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35April 12, 2018 2:06 AM

While necessary, the whole investigation and Trump’s obsession with winning are a giant waste of taxpayer money. Does Trump really think he can win this like a game show? Notice how you never hear anymore from Kellyanne, Ivanka, etc. Trump is a complete disaster. My predictions for Friday:

Stock market crash

Bomb goes off in US

Two firings from Trump - Rosenstein and Sessions

by Anonymousreply 36April 12, 2018 2:31 AM

r27's Pruitt is giving the "666" sign.

by Anonymousreply 37April 12, 2018 2:32 AM

The Missouri House committee investigating Gov. Eric Greitens plans to issue a second report on the Greitens gubernatorial campaign's alleged use of a charity donor list ahead of the 2016 election.

Members of the Missouri House Special Investigative Committee on Oversight acknowledged in newly-released transcripts of committee meetings that a report will be released regarding The Mission Continues, a veterans charity formed by Greitens in 2007. The charity has faced questions about whether the Greitens campaign used its donor list.

Doing so could violate federal laws and put the charity’s tax-exempt status at risk.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38April 12, 2018 2:37 AM

r37.....and thats another thing that was reported and then dropped by the media last week.....how in the hell did the cash strapped Kushner family finally find financing for their monstrosity 666 PA.....and not only pay off the debt, but also consolidate ownership to themselves ?

by Anonymousreply 39April 12, 2018 2:38 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40April 12, 2018 2:42 AM

[quote] [R19], it was illegal until Regan vetoed The Fairness Doctrine

No, it wasn’t. Fox went to court in FL in the 1990s and won the right to lie and call it news. Long story short - Fox wanted investigative reporters to lie about results of something, they said no & got fired. They took Fox to court and said they were whistleblowers. Judge said no, you’re not. There is no organization that has ever set standards for journalism, therefore you have no right to keep your job if you refuse to do what your boss wants because you’re not violating any “journalistic standard” saying that journalists must tell the truth.

It was up to journalism to set professional standards for journalists, but they wouldn’t do it.

by Anonymousreply 41April 12, 2018 2:45 AM

Bannon has been "strategizing "about how Trump could fire Rosenstein first and he wouldn't have to fire Mueller. Just hire someone who can limit him. I don't think anyone has told him the media has been discussing that very thing for weeks now. Maybe months. Bannon is batshit. he met with Mueller's team for what? 20 hours of testimony? He was fired from the WH. They're saying even now, if you say his name to Trump , Trump goes ballistic. How the fuck does Bannon even get people to meet with him. Well....wait. Nunes probably met with him. Birds of a feather and all that.

by Anonymousreply 42April 12, 2018 2:45 AM

It was probably posted as a link but here's the anonymous Rethug rant in all its shitstains:

"I read you writing about this, about wanting to say nice things when you can and criticize when you need to. He may be an idiot, but he's still the President and leader of my party and he is capable of doing some things right," he says before conceding it's usually other people doing the right things in the President's name. "But dammit he's taking us all down with him. We are well and truly f**ked in November. Kevin [McCarthy] is already circling like a green fly circling sh*t trying to take Paul's [Ryan] job because nobody thinks he's sticking around for Nancy [Pelosi]. She's going to f**k up the cafeteria again too. [Lord's name in vain], at least I'll probably lose too and won't have to put up with that sh*t."

"It's like Forrest Gump won the presidency, but an evil, really f*cking stupid Forrest Gump. He can't help himself. He's just a f**king idiot who thinks he's winning when people are b*tching about him. He really does see the world as ratings and attention. I hate Forrest Gump. I listen to your podcast and heard you hate it too. What an overrated piece of sh*t movie. Can you believe it beat the Shawshank Redemption?"

"Judiciary is stacked with a bunch of people who can win re-election so long as they don't piss off Trump voters in the primary. But if we get to summer and most of the primaries are over, they just might pull the trigger if the President fires Mueller. The sh*t will hit the fan if that happens and I'd vote to impeach him myself. Most of us would, I think. Hell, all the Democrats would and you only need a majority in the House. If we're going to lose because of him, we might as well impeach the motherf**ker. Take him out with us and let Mike [Pence] take over. At least then we could sleep well at night. You know having Mike as President would really piss off all the right people, too. They think they hate Trump. Mike is competent,"

He confirmed he does not think the votes are there to impeach the President if any of the Judiciary Committee members are facing primary opponents. But get through that and, if Mueller is fired, he thinks so and thinks a majority of the House would vote to impeach President Trump.

"I say a lot of shit on TV defending him, even over this. But honestly, I wish the motherf*cker would just go away. We're going to lose the House, lose the Senate, and lose a bunch of states because of him. All his supporters will blame us for what we have or have not done, but he hasn't led. He wakes up in the morning, sh*ts all over Twitter, sh*ts all over us, sh*ts all over his staff, then hits golf balls. F*ck him. Of course, I can't say that in public or I'd get run out of town."

by Anonymousreply 43April 12, 2018 2:48 AM

Unfortunately for us, all the people advising Trump are lunatics. They think he can win this, and the Republicans in Congress are pussies - retiring rather than standing up for the law

by Anonymousreply 44April 12, 2018 2:49 AM

The GOP is well and truly fucked. They deserve to be a minority party for at least a generation!

by Anonymousreply 45April 12, 2018 2:51 AM

Does anyone know what happens if Trump and Cohen are indicted for crimes? Asking for a friend

by Anonymousreply 46April 12, 2018 2:53 AM

Also in regard to the Fox News case, there was no FCC law, rule or regulation saying broadcasters have to always tell the truth. It was just a policy, so the journalists weren’t whistleblowers.

by Anonymousreply 47April 12, 2018 2:54 AM

The biggest problem as I see it is that Trump and his buddies in Congress and others believe this is al political. So they are responding with PR tactics and political tactics and this is not political. Or at least it is not mainly political. It is LEGAL. Trump has a LEGAL problem. The full weight and authority of our Justice system is aimed at him and those who place themselves as accessories to obstruct this investigation. This has legal standing. If it was only about politics it could be handled differently. But it isn't and anyone who believes he will survive this, and resolve it politically is dreaming. He can fire Mueller. He can fire Rosenstein. But the investigation will continue. If the Dems take the House they can re establish the investigation if it gets interrupted.

by Anonymousreply 48April 12, 2018 2:56 AM

Thanks to R35 & R41.

by Anonymousreply 49April 12, 2018 3:00 AM

Fascinating R43. This is going to be a Presidency that spawned a million books.

by Anonymousreply 50April 12, 2018 3:13 AM

R43 Guesses based on the clues are that it is Congressman Peter King.

by Anonymousreply 51April 12, 2018 3:24 AM

Can totally hear King in those words R51.

by Anonymousreply 52April 12, 2018 3:26 AM

R43: I love it! Had to rewind and let Lawrence O'Donnell read it a few times with sheer glee in his voice and face :) Too bad that congressman will never stand up to Trump publicly.

by Anonymousreply 53April 12, 2018 3:32 AM

How did we get to a place where Congressmen are passively enabling a psychopath?

by Anonymousreply 54April 12, 2018 3:56 AM

[quote]nobody thinks he's sticking around for Nancy [Pelosi]. She's going to f**k up the cafeteria again too. [Lord's name in vain], at least I'll probably lose too and won't have to put up with that sh*t."

What did Pelosi do to the cafeteria that pissed them off?

by Anonymousreply 55April 12, 2018 4:14 AM

Served trans macaroni

by Anonymousreply 56April 12, 2018 4:29 AM

R55: She made the cafeteria green

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 57April 12, 2018 4:30 AM

"Trump chooses impulse over strategy as crises mount"

Wow, WaPo, it's a choice? Perchance a rational one? Lol headline editor

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 58April 12, 2018 4:31 AM

[quote]She made the cafeteria green

Now that's an impeachable offense

by Anonymousreply 59April 12, 2018 4:33 AM

[quote]He wakes up in the morning, sh*ts all over Twitter, sh*ts all over us, sh*ts all over his staff, then hits golf balls. F*ck him.

Whoever scripts the movie, better put that rant in.

by Anonymousreply 60April 12, 2018 4:40 AM

Ryan threw the Republican party under the bus by announcing his retirement now and not waiting until after the midterm elections. Steve Bannon can chug as many Monster Energy Drinks as he wants, when we learn the full story of his behavior during BIOSPHERE 2 he will be finished.

by Anonymousreply 61April 12, 2018 4:48 AM

Biosphere 2?

by Anonymousreply 62April 12, 2018 4:50 AM

Yeah, with Ryan retiring he won’t do any heavy lifting for mid-terms. They have no leadership at top or at Congressional level. They brought it on themselves and the deplorable minority can’t save them - many people who voted for Trump will never vote for him again. I just hate the stalling aspect - wastes money and stock market will inevitably crash, due to uncertainty and slow job growth. Corporations are not actually hiring more and they will use any incentive to cut back employees. Unless the Republicans man up and get rid of Trump soon, we are entering The Hunger Games and the end of America

by Anonymousreply 63April 12, 2018 5:04 AM

If by some miracle Rethugs in Congress vote to impeach, you know they'll be hailed as heroes, saviors, selfless patriots who are above partisan politics, etc. They'll be washed off all sins in a hot second. I can already hear Morning Joe proclaiming them the second coming.

by Anonymousreply 64April 12, 2018 5:05 AM

Maybe if something so disgusting is released they will do that, but they are currently lemming zombies

by Anonymousreply 65April 12, 2018 5:09 AM

r64, but we do not know how deep Mueller will go. Will he get to Nunez? We have to wait.

by Anonymousreply 66April 12, 2018 7:37 AM

r55, she hired RuPaul's Drag Race contestants as waitresses.

by Anonymousreply 67April 12, 2018 8:38 AM

Did Pelosi insist the cafeteria serve only Starkist tuna, which is owned by contributors Del Monte based in San Francisco?

Miss Lindsey prefers blackeyed peas and collard greens sometimes instead of the fishy-smelling stuff.. Just saying, Miss Lindz has a point.

by Anonymousreply 68April 12, 2018 9:34 AM

Fuck the repubs - I will enjoy watching them writhe in discomfort. They supported this debacle so fuck 'em. Hope they live in shame. Happy to see Ryan's legacy will be ineptitude, cowardice and debt.

by Anonymousreply 69April 12, 2018 10:39 AM

President Donald Trump's allies are preparing an extensive campaign to fight back against James Comey's publicity tour, trying to undermine the credibility of the former FBI director by reviving the blistering Democratic criticism of him before he was fired nearly a year ago.

The battle plan against Comey calls for branding the nation's former top law enforcement official as "Lyin' Comey" through a website, digital advertising and talking points to be sent to Republicans across the country before his memoir is released next week. The White House signed off on the plan, which is being overseen by the Republican National Committee.

"Comey is a liar and a leaker and his misconduct led both Republicans and Democrats to call for his firing," Republican chairwoman Ronna McDaniel said in a statement to CNN. "If Comey wants the spotlight back on him, we'll make sure the American people understand why he has no one but himself to blame for his complete lack of credibility."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 70April 12, 2018 11:55 AM

James will at least be in good company: "Lyin' Comey" joins "Crooked Hillary" and "Cheatin' Obama."

Such is the schoolyard tone to which this 'administration' clings as a virtue. When Mueller reports, the Karmic comeback will be obliterating.

by Anonymousreply 71April 12, 2018 12:07 PM

Wait he is recycling nicknames...remember Lyin Ted? Says the liar in chief, the irony is rich.

by Anonymousreply 72April 12, 2018 12:17 PM

So the pattern is emerging. Apparently there's a "former" doorman at one of Trump's NYC properties who had a story the Inquirer paid $30,000 for, then killed it and Michael Cohen was also somehow involved with that. The allegation was about Trump's sex life and the rumor he had an illegitimate kid. Problem is the WSJ got a hold of the rumor too so it was pretty hard to kill the story. But there was no proof: no kid....so far...

I was thinking. The FBI and the Department of Justice is way out on a limb. Suppose they find a lot of dirt on Trump, but nothing that rise to a level of criminal activity so they write a report that calls him an unethical piece of shit, but find nothing rises to the level of criminal charges. I know. That's highly improbably but it could happen. If it does, then it'll be up to Congress to decide if they till want to impeach him.

I say they have to impeach him regardless of what Mueller finds. I think we're all looking at this wrong. I don't think they need to, or that they should wait for Mueller's report. I think they need to move on him as soon as they can effectively do it. It's not because we disagree with his policies. It's because he's reckless and unfit for the office. We have enough cause right now to initiate Impeachment hearings, we just have the wrong Congress. Trump is endangering our country and he needs to go.

by Anonymousreply 73April 12, 2018 12:27 PM

I agree with you, R73. High crimes and treasons are really quite beside the point. He should have been ousted for sheer gross incompetence months and months ago.

Of course this Congress would never do that, and I don't think the Constitution has a provision for that, BUT IT SHOULD.

by Anonymousreply 74April 12, 2018 12:38 PM

[quote]Says the liar in chief, the irony is rich.

Don’t confuse irony with hypocrisy

[quote]He should have been ousted for sheer gross incompetence months and months ago. Of course this Congress would never do that, and I don't think the Constitution has a provision for that, BUT IT SHOULD.

But it does

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 75April 12, 2018 12:42 PM

Listen. R74, I don't think the Constitution says he has to be guilty of a crime. All he has to do is violate the Constitution which he has done repeatedly. His Muslim ban, his illegal policies dressed up to pretend there's a national security issue lying about the rapists coming in across the border, etc. all the licensing deals his family is making with China, and the crap he and Jared are doing in the Middle East, giving up intelligence reports, etc. The list is too long. We could go back to Inauguration Day. The Conflicts of interest and the reckless disregard for the safety and welfare of the American people

by Anonymousreply 76April 12, 2018 12:46 PM

According to Google "High crimes and misdemeanors" covers "misuse of assets, abuse of authority, intimidation conduct unbecoming, dereliction of duty, failure to supervise, "etc. and he certainly violated his oath of office. It's also pretty clear that he obstructed justice and he has not enforced the law when it comes to his cabinet officials being bought and paid for by the industries they are supposed to regulate.

by Anonymousreply 77April 12, 2018 1:00 PM

You know, the Republican Party, in particular the RNC and the Congressional leadership seems like what they really want is a popular President who isn't real smart. They found their man with Trump, but he is completely without discipline and unmanageable and that's the problem. If he would just go to rallies and let them govern they'd be OK. But he gets in the way. He will soon become inconvenient. Just because he is popular with the base is no reason to keep blindly supporting him. It's stupid. When will some of these guys realize they ought to tack more to the center and appeal to people who really aren't comfortable supporting Dems, but have no where else to go? How can they all be so blindly politically stupid.

by Anonymousreply 78April 12, 2018 1:06 PM

How fitting, it may be Stormy Daniels and the reporting of Ronan Farrow that neuter Cadet Bone Spurs.

by Anonymousreply 79April 12, 2018 2:00 PM

High Crimes and Misdemeanors.

Jaywalking is a misdemeanor. They really don't need much and he's certainly done plenty more than something like jaywalking.

by Anonymousreply 80April 12, 2018 2:07 PM

Yes, R80, now all they need is the political will. I'd like to see an #ImpeachmentNow hashtag start trending on Twitter. We need to disabuse people of the fact that "waiting for Mueller" is the correct way to go. At some point Mueller will conclude he has sufficient evidence to charge Trump with crimes. Let him. But we need to exert pressure now in the form of the strong possibility of impeachment, not waiting for Mueller, and wouldn't it be great if we could get the ball rolling before the fucking midterms. We have to have 24 GOP congressmen step up. Since more than 30 have announced their "retirement, " We just need Ryan to step up. He could allow it. Of course it will never happen. Never. But if they cared about ouor national security they would do their jobs.

by Anonymousreply 81April 12, 2018 2:18 PM

Bonuses for hotel doormen that sneak in HOs for DJT.

by Anonymousreply 82April 12, 2018 2:22 PM

I was listening to the news this morning and they were saying that the warrants for the Cohen raid mentioned Orange's name several times and that because it did it most likely means that the warrants had less to little to do with Cohen and was in fact all about Orange.

by Anonymousreply 83April 12, 2018 2:22 PM

Trump may be popular with the base, but he is wildly Unpopular with the majority, and that's their real problem. Reagan was also a monster, but he was well-controlled, could give a good speech, and seemed genial enough that he didn't terrify and motivate the opposition.

by Anonymousreply 84April 12, 2018 2:39 PM

Which news program were you watching, R83?

by Anonymousreply 85April 12, 2018 2:40 PM

It was on the radio, R85. The AP news break.

by Anonymousreply 86April 12, 2018 2:45 PM

Who cares if he's impeached by the House? He's not going to be removed by the Senate, which is just as likely as not to remain Republican majority in 2018.

by Anonymousreply 87April 12, 2018 2:56 PM

Trump’s Company Is Suing Towns Across the Country to Get Breaks on Taxes

Why is Trump’s business arguing its properties are worth just a fraction of what Trump has claimed they are on his own financial disclosures? To save on taxes.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 88April 12, 2018 2:57 PM

Because He Lies

by Anonymousreply 89April 12, 2018 3:00 PM

C'MOOOOOON Melania elevator tape

by Anonymousreply 90April 12, 2018 3:03 PM

If any Dems vote yes on Pompeo to run State I will lose my fucking mind.

And Bannon is back because the warrant on Cohen was for communications regarding the Access Hollywood tape between Cohen and Trump and *any other associates*. It's always been quite the mystery why the tape dropped into the lap of the Washington Post the same day the intelligence report on Russian interference came out. And several minutes after the tape was dropped, Wikileaks dropped some emails. It's almost like people in the Trump campaign were coordinating with Russia to take focus off the intelligence report.

by Anonymousreply 91April 12, 2018 3:24 PM

Yes, R91. The whole timing of events makes Cheryl's pussy smell fresher than a spring bouquet of flowers!

by Anonymousreply 92April 12, 2018 3:28 PM

I just want the fucker out now, and let them continue to investigate and then charge him all they want. Look at it this way. If he is not President he can't pardon anyone. And that makes it all the more urgent. That Orange Bastard needs to know he is going down with or without Mueller, so all his talk about Mueller and Rosenstein, i won't matter. That's what he and Bannon and Stone and the rest need to face. They need the assurance he is out. So let's get the ball rolling. As for the Senate, you have four GOP senators who will happily vote with the Dems to get rid of Trump and Mitch McConnell and Miz Lindsey are two of them. Grassley, Collins and a couple more may be on the table too.

by Anonymousreply 93April 12, 2018 3:37 PM

[quote]Mitch McConnell and Miz Lindsey are two of them. Grassley, Collins and a couple more may be on the table too.

I would never trust any of them to do the right thing. Ever.

by Anonymousreply 94April 12, 2018 3:44 PM

I'm with R94.

And I'm DELIGHTED to know Feds are looking into the coordination of the AH Tape and Podesta e-mails dropping hours after the announcement of Russian interference. That day was an unbelievable mind fuck. Bannon bragged last year about being able to take Facebook's platform and manipulate it to use against members. It doesn't make sense that he'd take it that far and yet not be involved with coordinating targeted messaging elsewhere for Trump. Fry that fat fuck in oil.

by Anonymousreply 95April 12, 2018 3:53 PM

[quote]And I'm DELIGHTED to know Feds are looking into the coordination of the AH Tape and Podesta e-mails dropping hours after the announcement of Russian interference.

We don’t actually know that, do we? I think that’s just a theory a few of us floated. I’m sure people are supposing the same thing all over the Internet, but I believe the official line is that they are looking at the AH tape as it relates to the timing of the payouts to Stormy, et al.

All that said, if they happen to find communications between Cohen and Wikileaks during that time, well, I doubt they’ll be ignoring them.

by Anonymousreply 96April 12, 2018 5:09 PM

Well, Duh -uh! Does it take a rocket scientist or a lawyer to figure out they we re coordinating their attacks? It is standard in a campaign to have ammo at the ready so you can control a news cycle, change the subject when necessary, and respond to attacks with countermeasures. The fact that they were doing this with the helpp of a foreign government, it's resurces and it's actors is what woud make it illegal and possibly treasonous. It would be a conspiracy.

by Anonymousreply 97April 12, 2018 5:13 PM

I remember that day so well thinking there was no way in hell tRump would win after that. Wouldn't it be something if there really was something more going on that day.

by Anonymousreply 98April 12, 2018 5:17 PM

And the GOP had all the power, too. They could have gone to Trump and said, “Listen you lazy motherfucker, you do as we say or we’re bringing articles of impeachment against you. You think we’re joking? You just try. We invented dirty tricks. Now get to work or get your ass out of this town.”

What a bunch of cowards.

by Anonymousreply 99April 12, 2018 5:28 PM

Just want to take a quick moment to thank OP for keeping these threads going. I love the subtle nods in this thread's title. Very clever and perfect timing!

by Anonymousreply 100April 12, 2018 5:31 PM

I still liked Springtime for Shitler

by Anonymousreply 101April 12, 2018 5:32 PM

Well, in this version of that number r101, how will the following be costumed?

Ivana

Ivanka

Marla (maybe her Will Rogers duds could be refurbished)

Mylanta

Kellyanne

The Incredible Huck

by Anonymousreply 102April 12, 2018 5:42 PM

Ha ha ha ha, wouldn’t it be rich if Trump was taken down by Rosemarys baby?

by Anonymousreply 103April 12, 2018 5:46 PM

There is this:

@PeterAlexander: Spotted: Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein leaving the White House.

And there is this bit of levity in the replies by a random ex-DOJ grunt:

[quote]you’d be surprised how many citizens called me when I worked at DOJ thinking that President Bush sat in the office next to me and were pissed I wouldn’t put the call through to him. Countless times in 10 years.

by Anonymousreply 104April 12, 2018 5:55 PM

Of course.

[quote]Pruitt insisted on staying in luxury hotels that were costlier than allowed by government standards, while also pushing to fly on an airline not on the government’s approved list so he could accrue frequent flier miles, according to a top former deputy.

[quote]Pruitt would often seek to schedule trips back to Oklahoma, where he still owns a home, so he could stay there for weekends. ‘Find me something to do,’ were the instructions Mr. Pruitt gave his staff, after telling them he wanted to travel to particular destinations.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 105April 12, 2018 5:58 PM

MENENDEZ: Did [Trump] ask you to do anything as it relates to that [Russia] investigation?

POMPEO: Senator, I don't recall.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 106April 12, 2018 6:01 PM

Today, in Fart of the Deal news:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 107April 12, 2018 6:09 PM

^ Let's try again:

President Trump told top administration officials Thursday to look at rejoining the Trans-Pacific Partnership, the multination trade agreement he pulled the United States out of shortly after taking office.

Rejoining the pact would be a major reversal as Trump escalates a trade conflict with China. The Pacific Rim trade deal was intended by the Obama administration as a way to counter China’s influence, but Trump criticized the pact as a candidate and pulled the United States out of the pact in early 2017.

Trump gave the new orders to U.S. Trade Representative Robert E. Lighthizer and National Economic Council Director Larry Kudlow during a meeting with lawmakers and governors on trade issues, according to two GOP senators in attendance.

by Anonymousreply 108April 12, 2018 6:10 PM

Kellyanne Conway's husband, George, appears to be no fan of DJT. His tweets have been critical recently.

by Anonymousreply 109April 12, 2018 6:14 PM

Why has Kellyanne been quiet and hidden for the most part? Far cry from the “alternative facts” days...

by Anonymousreply 110April 12, 2018 6:16 PM

Insde the GOP Plan to discredit Comey

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 111April 12, 2018 6:19 PM

Kelly Anne = informant

bet on it

by Anonymousreply 112April 12, 2018 6:25 PM

How on Earth can Scott Pruitt still have a job? There have literally been new stories about his “hog in a money trough” behavior every day for weeks now?

Also, there was something very queeny about him in that (I can’t believe I’m saying this but, GREAT) Fox News interview. I would love to have that same interviewer sit him down and ask, “Why did you lie to me last week about XYZ?”

by Anonymousreply 113April 12, 2018 6:30 PM

Yeah, everyone seems to think (and it's reported often) that KAC is the leak... question is why does he keep her around? It can't be possible that he hasn't heard the rumors that she's the mole.

by Anonymousreply 114April 12, 2018 6:31 PM

So if Trump goes to jail, will he have Secret Service protection there? Guys in black suits and sunglasses, talking into their shirt cuffs while Trump gets shivved in the group showers?

by Anonymousreply 115April 12, 2018 6:32 PM

I often have this dream that she's the one that brings him down and becomes a national hero (or in DL terms: a national treasure) in the process

by Anonymousreply 116April 12, 2018 6:33 PM

I've mentioned this before. I think one reason Trump is keeping Pruitt around is he's considering firing Sessions and making Pruitt Attorney General.

Either that, or Trump will follow Bannon's advice. If anyone saw David Frum on L O'D last night, he did a pretty good job of summing up what was actually quite brilliant about Bannon's strategy. Everyone keeps imploring Trump not to take steps in getting Mueller fired because it will just be more difficult for people to believe Trump's claim of innocence. But they're all giving him the benefit of the doubt. Bannon is one of the few - (if not only) - persons on Trump's side who not only assumes he's guilty, but is giving the correct advice on how to proceed when you know you're guilty as hell and want to get away with as much as you can for as long as you can.

by Anonymousreply 117April 12, 2018 6:46 PM

Joy Reid:

So wait... the RNC believes the strongest witness against Jim Comey is Hillary Clinton... who the GOP has spent the past 40 years demonizing as a pernicious liar, murderer and more recently, pizza shop crime boss? How does that work, exactly?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 118April 12, 2018 6:48 PM

Love Joy what a great read!

by Anonymousreply 119April 12, 2018 7:51 PM

Thanks for the think, r107. I can't stop chuckling, and "fart of the deal" gave me a giggle as well.

by Anonymousreply 120April 12, 2018 8:39 PM

God I hope the Trump love-child with a maid reports are true and she's Mexican and Muslim. The MAGAt heads would explode.

by Anonymousreply 121April 12, 2018 8:58 PM

35 years ago DJT looked OK. These fame-hos should have gotten $130,000 each to fuck him in the last 25 years or so. Man be nasty and very risky.

by Anonymousreply 122April 12, 2018 9:05 PM

Update on Maidgate

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 123April 12, 2018 9:23 PM

"Three sources familiar with the investigation said the findings Mueller has collected on Trump’s attempts to obstruct justice include: His intent to fire former FBI Director James Comey; his role in the crafting of a misleading public statement on the nature of a June 2016 Trump Tower meeting between his son and Russians; Trump’s dangling of pardons before grand jury witnesses who might testify against him; and pressuring Attorney General Jeff Sessions not to recuse himself from the Russia investigation."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 124April 12, 2018 9:25 PM

Holy shit. It's like Christmas for Trump haters today.

"Comey said he privately wondered why Melania might think there was even a 1 percent chance the allegations were true, claiming there is “zero chance” his own wife would believe such a claim.

“In what kind of marriage, to what kind of man, does a spouse conclude there is only a 99 percent chance her husband didn’t do that?” he writes in the book, which hits shelves April 17.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 125April 12, 2018 9:28 PM

Am I going to have to see Cuntway as a heroine? Fucking hell, I will. I will take what I can get, as long as she writes a dishy tell all.

by Anonymousreply 126April 12, 2018 9:29 PM

Go to the light, Kelly Anne!!!!!!! Go to the light!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 127April 12, 2018 9:30 PM

It'd be fascinating if she was in on the scam from the beginning. Remember, she came from Pence's world...

by Anonymousreply 128April 12, 2018 9:33 PM

No she came from Cruz world....and her masters are Robert and Rebekah Mercer

by Anonymousreply 129April 12, 2018 9:41 PM

What does it mean?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 130April 12, 2018 9:46 PM

The story about the love child with the maid, I’m guessing.

by Anonymousreply 131April 12, 2018 9:56 PM

Does Mueller have the power to issue criminal indictments against Trump and Cohen? Why even delay charging them if they have evidence they committed crimes? They certainly would not hesitate to charge you or me

by Anonymousreply 132April 12, 2018 10:04 PM

I think it means the pee tape is real. Trump wanting Comey to prove it wasn't true for Melania is just bullshit. When has he ever cared about the feelings of someone else? He was obviously trying to find out if Russia actually had it on tape.

by Anonymousreply 133April 12, 2018 10:11 PM

[quote]Does Mueller have the power to issue criminal indictments against Trump and Cohen?

It's complicated.

Cohen, yes.

Trump, no. He'd have to issue a report of everything he believes Trump did that was criminal to Rod Rosenstein (usually it would be Jeff Sessions but he recused himself) and then Rod will decide how to proceed. The decision is most likely whether or not the report is made public, how it is made public or if it just goes straight to Congress for review.

by Anonymousreply 134April 12, 2018 10:14 PM

Someone needs to point out to Trump that what goes around, comes around......he hates the investigation and things people are saying about him ?....maybe he should think about his birther-isms and lock her up conspiracies that were outright lies that ignorant people believe.........

by Anonymousreply 135April 12, 2018 10:16 PM

r134....dont worry...he, along with the whole world will know exactly whats going down.....before Trumps report is delivered, there will be multiple arrests beforehand.....Junior, Jared, Ivanka, etc........the writing will be splattered all over the walls.....

by Anonymousreply 136April 12, 2018 10:18 PM

Sorry r136, but I seriously doubt that he can run.

by Anonymousreply 137April 12, 2018 10:22 PM

I believe that Rod would NO CHOICE but release the report. The pressure would be too great.

by Anonymousreply 138April 12, 2018 10:26 PM

Just on MSNBC....

The FBI wants all communications between Cohen and two AMI (parent company of the Enquirer) execs — CEO David Pecker and Chief Content Officer Dylan Howard.

by Anonymousreply 139April 12, 2018 10:54 PM

The next title should be, “Come Let Us Treason with One Another “

by Anonymousreply 140April 12, 2018 10:57 PM

The word may be the warrant was about searching for documents in regard to the payment of hush money, but I believe there is a hell of a lot more they probably put their hands on. Attorney-client communications are privileged, but with notable exceptions, as far as I know, such as concealing fraud. That would mean there are communications between lard ass and his attorney which are available for review. There are also other exceptions, such as public policy implications. So good luck with that, lard ass.

by Anonymousreply 141April 12, 2018 11:13 PM

If there is any real movement to impeach it won't be until Republican primaries are over with, right?

by Anonymousreply 142April 12, 2018 11:19 PM

That depends on what suddenly pops up......they might have a reason real soon.

by Anonymousreply 143April 12, 2018 11:41 PM

Lordy, there may well be tapes!

[quote]Michael Cohen sometimes taped conversations with associates, according to three people familiar with his practice, and allies of the president are worried that the recordings were seized by federal investigators, WaPo reports.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 144April 12, 2018 11:41 PM

Call to Action:

Nancy Pelosi just sent this out:

I’m shaken to my very core.

I just watched Trump admit that he’s considering firing Robert Mueller.

He knows Mueller is coming dangerously close to exposing his Russian ties and delivering justice to the American people.

Quickly -- I need 25O,OOO signatures to protect Robert Mueller’s investigation. He MUST be allowed to finish the job. >>

Let me be perfectly clear: WE are the only ones who can protect Robert Mueller.

My Republican colleagues can’t be trusted. They’ve not only failed to stop Trump from interfering in this investigation -- I’ve watched them HELP him cover it up.

I can’t overstate how urgent it is we act in this moment.

Our national security is at stake. Our democracy is at stake. The safety of every election we hold is at stake.

I need your signature on my petition before midnight. Robert Mueller is our only hope for justice, Nicholas. Help me protect him. >>

Thank you,

Nancy

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 145April 12, 2018 11:42 PM

trust.....the GOP will throw Trump under the bus in a heartbeat if they find out for certain the Mueller is investigating them as well in regards to money laundering and conspiracy

by Anonymousreply 146April 12, 2018 11:44 PM

[quote]God I hope the Trump love-child with a maid reports are true and she's Mexican and Muslim. The MAGAt heads would explode.

In my personal experience, reports of Latino love-kids turn out to be true.

by Anonymousreply 147April 12, 2018 11:52 PM

You know who isn't one of the 35 getting subpoenaed by Mueller? The same lawyer whose office didn't get raided this week: Hillary Goddamned Clinton.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 148April 13, 2018 12:00 AM

Quote from the Comey book about the convo on the golden showers:

Trump: "Can you imagine me, hookers?"

Yes, we can!

by Anonymousreply 149April 13, 2018 12:03 AM

[quote]How fitting, it may be Stormy Daniels and the reporting of Ronan Farrow that neuter Cadet Bone Spurs.

Yep. It takes a 'ho and a 'mo to get shit done in a place like D.C.

by Anonymousreply 150April 13, 2018 12:07 AM

Hey....there is a difference.....a hooker will fuck for money....and thats what she does.....a pornstar will do the same, but they also create art.....huge difference.....

by Anonymousreply 151April 13, 2018 12:09 AM

[quote]Hey....there is a difference.....a hooker will fuck for money....and thats what she does.....a pornstar will do the same, but they also create art.....huge difference.....

Bullshit.

Some hookers make art without doing porno!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 152April 13, 2018 12:21 AM

Honey....promotional photos for your services can hardly be considered art.

by Anonymousreply 153April 13, 2018 12:23 AM

Reading between the lines of Comey's comments (1% chance of the golden showers' being true) it sounds like he believes the pee tapes do exist.

by Anonymousreply 154April 13, 2018 12:28 AM

Eat my muff, R153.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 155April 13, 2018 12:30 AM

Apparently, pee tape is trending on twitter.

by Anonymousreply 156April 13, 2018 12:37 AM

Kate BrannenVerified account @K8brannen

From two sources with knowledge of internal discussions: No resolution out of today's Syria meeting at the White House.

There remains tension between what President Trump and National Security Adviser Bolton want and what the Pentagon is advocating

Defense Secretary Mattis and Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff Dunford are concerned with managing escalation and preventing blowback on US troops.

Discussions will continue tomorrow.

by Anonymousreply 157April 13, 2018 12:42 AM

I'm not saying Mueller is not in danger, but I am saying that Pelosi is doing what every single Republican and Democrat are doing. They are using the controversy to raise money for the Mid Terms. So I wouldn't panic.

Jill Wine Banks, bless her, told us another way this could go down. Rosenstein could decide to suppress Mueller's report. But the Grand Jury has a report too and that will go to the court. And there isn't fuck all that Trump or Rosenstein or anyone else can do about it. (She was talking about it as if it was the best damned gossip. I wish I could go to lunch with her I bet she gives good dish.)

My prediction is that Trump is going to get frustrated with the complexities of the Syria decision and all the meetings, and he is going to decide to fire someone. If not Rosenstein, then Pruitt or Sessions or Kelly. He really wants to fire someone.

by Anonymousreply 158April 13, 2018 12:56 AM

Well, if what Comey said about Kelly is true, then Kelly will be out the door soon.

by Anonymousreply 159April 13, 2018 1:00 AM

Stormy only had sex with Trump once in hopes of getting a part on The Apprentice. She got paid $130K to go away and said she was never attracted to him

Hillary is laughing hysterically at all this but my God, what a waste of taxpayer money

by Anonymousreply 160April 13, 2018 1:01 AM

I remember back when the pundits and all those so-called political experts and "analysts" were saying that if Hillary had become President the GOP would have spent her entire time in office investigating her and trying to obstruct her at every term. But with Trump in the WH at least we had one party rule and stuff would get done........

by Anonymousreply 161April 13, 2018 1:06 AM

R 161 they were trying to make lemonade out of shit.

by Anonymousreply 162April 13, 2018 1:11 AM

Im calling it.....Mueller is turning in his report on Obstruction either tomorrow or Monday.....all the signs are there.....Comeys book....reporting Mueller doesnt need Trump and hes about ready to go....Rosenstein going to the white house .....

The reporting said Mueller had been prepared to have the report ready by May or early June, but now, without Trump, its much sooner.

by Anonymousreply 163April 13, 2018 1:28 AM

[quote]R 161 they were trying to make lemonade out of shit.

Mmmmm, lemonade.... 'Round the corner, fudge is made.

by Anonymousreply 164April 13, 2018 1:32 AM

R160 reasons like an evangelical

by Anonymousreply 165April 13, 2018 1:33 AM

Whats happening ? Rachel just said ABC News just reported that Trump just signed off an pardons for somebody.......

by Anonymousreply 166April 13, 2018 1:35 AM

Trump is poised to pardon Scooter Libby, sources familiar with the president’s thinking tell ABC News.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 167April 13, 2018 1:35 AM

Does is feel as if something really is about to break? So many crazy things going on... and that caged, crazy man in the Oval Office. It feels like it's all getting so big - whatever it is - that it is also about to crumble under its own weight. This is craziness. Real craziness. Name any other president at any other time could have hung on this long. It's fucking bonkers.

by Anonymousreply 168April 13, 2018 1:35 AM

Rachel just said something about Breaking news and a "pardon" then she went to a commercial.

A pardon? For who? Tune into Rachel Maddow on MSNBC if you are interested.

by Anonymousreply 169April 13, 2018 1:35 AM

Looks like r167 got the scoop, WTG r167!

by Anonymousreply 170April 13, 2018 1:36 AM

Scooter Libby.......he doesnt deserve it.....

by Anonymousreply 171April 13, 2018 1:37 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 172April 13, 2018 1:37 AM

Any middle-aged man who allows or encourages others to call him "Scooter" is a danger to himself and others.

by Anonymousreply 173April 13, 2018 1:45 AM

Scooter Libby?!? How random is that? Is that just to show potential witnesses that he’s unafraid to use pardons or something?

(For some bizarre reason, autocorrect changed 'pardons' to 'lardons' just now.)

by Anonymousreply 174April 13, 2018 1:47 AM

Michael Cohen looks like the actor on Transparent (the star that the fired...I forgot his name!)

by Anonymousreply 175April 13, 2018 1:47 AM

Jeffrey Tambor

by Anonymousreply 176April 13, 2018 1:49 AM

R174 is it random? What was he charged with again?

by Anonymousreply 177April 13, 2018 1:50 AM

Remember Scooter Libby's erotic fiction?

** At age ten the madam put the child in a cage with a bear trained to couple with young girls so the girls would be frigid and not fall in love with their patrons. They fed her through the bars and aroused the bear with a stick when it seemed to lose interest. **

** He asked if they should fuck the deer. **

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 178April 13, 2018 1:50 AM

Say what you want, MCs daughter is beautiful

by Anonymousreply 179April 13, 2018 1:50 AM

Scooter Libby pardon! Throwback Thursday!

by Anonymousreply 180April 13, 2018 1:53 AM

I read this as a feeble attempt by Orange to remind people that he has pardon power.

As if we’d forgotten. I’m confident that Mueller has planned for any such scenario.

by Anonymousreply 181April 13, 2018 2:01 AM

I am sick of this story.

by Anonymousreply 182April 13, 2018 2:06 AM

Just now?

The problem is, it’s not a story. It’s real life.

by Anonymousreply 183April 13, 2018 2:15 AM

We should get out of Syria. After we bomb Syria. Or maybe not.

Out of TPP. Or back in.

Unstable in Chief!

by Anonymousreply 184April 13, 2018 2:41 AM

It is not real life, R183. Not even close.

by Anonymousreply 185April 13, 2018 2:46 AM

[quote]We should get out of Syria. After we bomb Syria. Or maybe not.

And we're striking any day now. Or maybe some day in the distant future. Nobody knows.

by Anonymousreply 186April 13, 2018 2:48 AM

The Dems will win the House in Sep and vote to impeach. The Senate will not vote to remove Trump.

The above will be brought to everyone’s attention at some point, perhaps between the election in Nov and the change in Jan. Ryan will go to Trump and tell him he can claim the high road by resigning, and he will do it.

by Anonymousreply 187April 13, 2018 3:01 AM

R186, we’ll see. Trump doesn’t like to Telegraph his intentions. The voters, in particular, should be kept in the dark.

by Anonymousreply 188April 13, 2018 3:03 AM

R187 please explain your timeline? The house can’t go democratic in sept, it can go democratic in Jan 2019 after November 2018 elections.

by Anonymousreply 189April 13, 2018 3:04 AM

“The Dems will win the House in Sep and vote to impeach.”

Should read...

“The Dems will win the House in Nov and vote to impeach after they are seated.”

by Anonymousreply 190April 13, 2018 3:09 AM

R178, still not better than Bill O'Reilly's. An excerpt: "Say baby, put down that pipe and get my pipe up."

"I would like you to unhook your bra and let it slide down your arms. You can keep your shirt on."

"Cup your hands under your breasts and hold them for ten seconds."

"Off with those pants."

"I wish I were a lesbian."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 191April 13, 2018 3:10 AM

DNI Clapper is on CNN right now and just said Trump's obsession with the pee tape reminds of him 'he doth protest too much'. I think the intelligence community is confirming the POTUS is being blackmailed by a foreign country with sex tapes.

by Anonymousreply 192April 13, 2018 3:12 AM

Trump has abruptly ordered an evaluation of the Postal Service’s finances, just weeks after accusing Amazon of not paying its fair share.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 193April 13, 2018 3:19 AM

R190, January 3rd, 2019 will be the beginning of taking back America.

by Anonymousreply 194April 13, 2018 4:23 AM

Did I hear this right? Trump said something to Comey to the effect of:

“Do I look like a guy who would need to hire a hooker?”

Oh, that makes my head hurt.

by Anonymousreply 195April 13, 2018 4:27 AM

Comey describes his impressions of Cheeto's physical attributes - ahem, hands - upon their first meeting. {paraphrasing} He seemed slightly orange, with white circles around the eyes like marks left from sun goggles, hair seemingly all his ... lol

by Anonymousreply 196April 13, 2018 4:41 AM

R194 there are a lot of things we can be doing between now and January 3rd. We can work our asses off to make sure Dems get voted in. We can fight and call and show up so the GOP knows we are present and pissed off. This isn't a time to wait it's a time to show your resistance. We can't let Betsy De Vos, Scott Pruitt or any of the rest of them feel comfortable for a minute. As for Paul Ryan and all the rest of the GOP, go to their home offices. Go to the Congressional districts where they live. camp out on their lawns if you have to and insist on Gun safety reforms. Find out who is running in your districts for the state legislatures and the courts and Congress. Don't vote for any Republicans. Don't vote 3rd party. Get people out and vote for the Democrat. We have to engage. We have to participate, we have to be relentless.

And make sure the Dems understand how we feel. IMO we should not necessarily be waiting for Mueller' investigation. I've said it before. We have enough right now to impeach that incompetent traitor. He is a danger to our country. Our national security is at risk. We have been extremely lucky there have been no crises. Of course the rest of the world is watching us in horror, because we are the crisis.

by Anonymousreply 197April 13, 2018 4:45 AM

r197, none of that does anything without election integrity, including a paper trail, and un-gerrymandering nearly every congressional district in the country.

by Anonymousreply 198April 13, 2018 4:48 AM

Comey book media blitz is overshadowing other important story: Michael Cohen was an inveterate taper of phone calls and conversations (in NY State it's legal to record a phone call if one party "consents" which is an interesting use of that word but anyway) this might explain the urgency of the 6am raids, to try to capture Cohen's TAPES before he scrubbed them. TAPES ....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 199April 13, 2018 4:49 AM

As was said, Lordy!

Awaiting the bombing of Syria any hour now.

by Anonymousreply 200April 13, 2018 4:54 AM

Badass Avenatti again...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 201April 13, 2018 5:04 AM

Wasn't that a case with Steve Wynn? I don't recall the particulars of it. Though Wynn should have access to much better lawyers.

by Anonymousreply 202April 13, 2018 5:25 AM

Pardoning Scooter Libby? Is Trump thinking he will run with Cheney in 2020?

by Anonymousreply 203April 13, 2018 6:21 AM

I wonder if John Bolton pushed for the Libby pardon.

by Anonymousreply 204April 13, 2018 6:38 AM

I wish Trump would pardon Charlie Rose.

by Anonymousreply 205April 13, 2018 8:43 AM

will trump pardon kevin spacey?

by Anonymousreply 206April 13, 2018 9:26 AM

I hope Trump does pardon Scooter. What could be more endearing to the Intelligence community than granting a Presidential pardon to a bastard who outed a working CIA officer whose special area was weapons and the Middle East during a time of war ??? That outing cost lives, and blew up a significant network of assets. The CIA worker bees should be thrilled that Trump is so supportive. Too bad Cheney and Karl Rove, who initiated the action, weren't convicted.

by Anonymousreply 207April 13, 2018 12:01 PM

Former FBI Director James Comey offers an apology in his forthcoming book for not providing a better explanation of his decision to announce that he had reopened the probe into Hillary Clinton's use of a private email server just days before the 2016 election.

"I have read she has felt anger toward me personally, and I’m sorry for that," Comey writes of Clinton, according to ABC News. "I’m sorry that I couldn’t do a better job explaining to her and her supporters why I made the decisions I made."

The book, "A Higher Loyalty," is slated for release next week.

Comey initially announced in July 2016 that Clinton had acted carelessly in her use of a private email server during her tenure as secretary of State, but declined to recommend criminal charges.

But months later, just days before the November election, he publicly disclosed that the FBI had reopened the Clinton probe to review additional emails that had been recovered. The investigation was closed again days later, again without recommending charges.

Clinton has publicly decried Comey's decision to announce that the investigation had been reopened, and has suggested that it played into her eventual electoral defeat by President Trump.

Comey has said that he made the public announcement in part because he was concerned concealing the FBI's investigation would imply bias. However, in the book Comey acknowledges that he assumed at the time that Clinton would win the election.

“Certainly not consciously, but I would be a fool to say it couldn’t have had an impact on me,” he wrote of the assumption, according to ABC News. [bold]"It is entirely possible my concern about making her an illegitimate president by concealing the restarted investigation bore greater weight than it would have if the election appeared closer or if Donald Trump were ahead in all polls. But I don’t know.”[/bold]

Comey continued to serve as FBI director under Trump until he was abruptly fired in May 2016.

Trump initially pointed to Comey's handling of the Clinton investigation as the reason for his dismissal, though he later acknowledged that he had considered the FBI's probe into possible collusion between his campaign and Russia as part of his decision to fire the top cop.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 208April 13, 2018 12:30 PM

Trump just called Comey a "slime ball" in a tweet he just tweeted.

You can't make this shit up.

by Anonymousreply 209April 13, 2018 12:33 PM

[quote][R186], we’ll see. Trump doesn’t like to Telegraph his intentions.

Yes, he prefers to Daily Mail them.

by Anonymousreply 210April 13, 2018 12:41 PM

Trump's Very Presidential™ Tweet:

"James Comey is a proven LEAKER & LIAR. Virtually everyone in Washington thought he should be fired for the terrible job he did-until he was, in fact, fired. He leaked CLASSIFIED information, for which he should be prosecuted. He lied to Congress under OATH. He is a weak and...untruthful slime ball who was, as time has proven, a terrible Director of the FBI. His handling of the Crooked Hillary Clinton case, and the events surrounding it, will go down as one of the worst “botch jobs” of history. It was my great honor to fire James Comey!"

by Anonymousreply 211April 13, 2018 12:44 PM

Bless. He is an emotional 12 yr old.

by Anonymousreply 212April 13, 2018 12:47 PM

[quote]I wonder if John Bolton pushed for the Libby pardon.

Absolutely.

by Anonymousreply 213April 13, 2018 12:56 PM

Can you imagine if President Obama released a statement even close to the petulant, childish tone like that tweet? How far down the sewer we’ve gone in just a year with this current WH occupant.

by Anonymousreply 214April 13, 2018 12:58 PM

Mueller and Avenatti are becoming an awesome buddy cop movie with the straight-laced, by-the-book, no-nonsense older cop who is on his last big case before retirement suddenly paired up with the hotheaded, fly-by-the-seat-of-his-pants younger guy who's smart but does things "his way."

by Anonymousreply 215April 13, 2018 1:09 PM

Did you ever think you would live to see the day that the President of the United States would call the ex-director of the FBI a "slime ball"?

Me either.

by Anonymousreply 216April 13, 2018 1:19 PM

Mike Huckabee was all over Fox saying "nobody broke down Cheryl Mills door".

Huck, get back to playing Eye of the Tiger for Kim Davis. Oh wait.......

by Anonymousreply 217April 13, 2018 1:32 PM

[quote] "nobody broke down Cheryl Mills door"

Yeah, because Cheryl is a smart attorney who didn't break any laws. She went to University of Virginia where she was Phi Beta Kappa, and got her J.D. from Stanford Law School where she was on Law Review. So an esteemed graduate of one of the top law schools in the country versus Cohen who attended the WORST law school in the country.

Makes a difference, Huck.

by Anonymousreply 218April 13, 2018 1:56 PM

R208 I meant to post about Comey's, "apology," the other day when I first heard it.

Of course he "apologized..." he's only doing it for the book and his apology is a typical, "non-apology" an asshole gives. "I'm sorry you feel hurt. I'm sorry you took it the way you did. I'm sorry you were not capable of understanding my reasons."

Fuck you.

by Anonymousreply 219April 13, 2018 2:08 PM

So Cohen is challenging the warrant to raid his office, home, hotel......hearing set for 10:30 this am.......this should be interesting, and maybe we can get a glimpse of what they collected/were after.....

by Anonymousreply 220April 13, 2018 2:14 PM

R198 of course it will make a difference. Sometimes I think there are Russian bots taking a different tack—nothing Dems can do will matter, poor us! Might as well give up.

by Anonymousreply 221April 13, 2018 2:19 PM

Cohen wants to suppress the information found in FBI Raid.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 222April 13, 2018 2:24 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 223April 13, 2018 2:30 PM

John Brennan is in no mood for Trump's shit this morning.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 224April 13, 2018 3:12 PM

I won't lie, I had to look up "kakistocracy."

I can't believe it hadn't been used to describe Trump sooner.

by Anonymousreply 225April 13, 2018 3:18 PM

My only quibble with his tweet is that Trump's supporters weren't deceived. He told everyone exactly who and what he is from the start. They liked it and they still like it. They're getting what they deserve. Unfortunately the rest of us have to suffer along with them.

by Anonymousreply 226April 13, 2018 3:21 PM

I know, r225! I love language. There's always THE word out there.....

by Anonymousreply 227April 13, 2018 3:29 PM

I agree it's wonderful word, but at first I assumed he'd been trying to type "khakistocracy" and messed up.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 228April 13, 2018 3:32 PM

[quote] The Dems will win the House in Sep and vote to impeach.

In what country? Sep isn’t when we vote in the US

by Anonymousreply 229April 13, 2018 3:34 PM

[quote] It is entirely possible my concern about making her an illegitimate president by concealing the restarted investigation bore greater weight than it would have if the election appeared closer or if Donald Trump were ahead in all polls. But I don’t know.”

Bullshit

Rudy Giuliani’s pack of rancid wingnuts in the NYC office of the FBI insisted he announce.

He has no balls.

by Anonymousreply 230April 13, 2018 3:42 PM

[quote] There are also other exceptions, such as public policy implications.

There is no public POLICY exception to the Fifth Amendment right against self incrimination. There is a very narrowly tailored public SAFETY exception. in 1984 the Supreme Court held in NY v. Quarles that if the police need to locate a missing weapon in a public location they can ask "where's the gun" of the suspect without the normally required Miranda warnings. But that is a very specific instance and the police had been told by a rape victim that her assailant was armed and had just gone into a supermarket (I think it was Pathmark). When the suspect matching her description was stopped in the store by the police and frisked they found an empty holster and asked "where's the gun." He pointed to a stack of whatever and they found a loaded gun. The reasoning was based on the imminent harm to the public had it been found by a child or other. I had a case where the govt tried to use this exception to my motion to suppress a statement but I won because the circumstances involved a private house and nothing specific to my client that my client had had a gun. Though they did find a gun in the basement.

I think they could safely use the Quarles exception to ask a suspected terrorist where is the bomb when they are working on sufficient information that the person walked into a Cat Stevens concert with a ticking device. And possibly in other situations where there is imminent danger if they need an answer to prevent it or save a life.

by Anonymousreply 231April 13, 2018 3:44 PM

[bold] Michael Cohen May Have Tapes… Which Brings Us Into ‘Galatically Stupid’ Territory [/bold]

[italic] Who does this? No lawyer does this. LAWYERS DON'T DO THIS! [/italic]

The Washington Post reports that President Trump’s associates are worried because Trump’s personal attorney, Michael Cohen, had “some proclivity to make tapes.” Apparently, Cohen would regularly tape conversations with his associates, and the Trump people don’t know who else he might have recorded.

I am aware of no words or curses in English, Elvish, or Orcish that adequately capture the drooling stupidity of a “lawyer” who makes voice recordings of conversations with his client. It’s simply not done. They don’t “teach” you not to do it in law school, just like they don’t teach you where to poop in high school. YOU ARE JUST SUPPOSED TO KNOW BY THE TIME YOU GET THERE.

Since I honestly don’t know what to say, here are just some random quotes from lawyers I know on Facebook who I told the news to while waiting for my coffee to brew:

• “O.M.F.G.”

• “THERE ARE NO DUMBER HUMAN BEINGS ON EARTH”

• “This reminds me of that Onion article about the guy who wrestled the crocodile.” [Ed note: That was a classic.]

• “Thank you for playing should we, or should we not, listen to the advice of the galatically stupid… MICHAEL COHEN.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 232April 13, 2018 4:03 PM

Exactly R226, it was all there for everyone to see.

by Anonymousreply 233April 13, 2018 4:21 PM

r225 "He told everyone exactly who and what he is from the start."

Which is why I have a very rough time forgiving the US citizens who weren't suppressed nor intimidated out of their 2016 vote. What did they think was going to happen? How do Americans get civics pounded into their heads in high school, then see some obese racist loon run for the highest office and think "yeah, this guy doesn't need to be stopped at all"? Maybe I need to ask that in the questions for which I've always wanted an answer to thread.d

by Anonymousreply 234April 13, 2018 4:36 PM

Brennen as seen it all. The good, the bad... probably even an alien or two.

by Anonymousreply 235April 13, 2018 4:40 PM

I'll not forget Brennan's invocation of the perfect word for this debacle, 'kakistocracy.'

It was new to me too. However I did know another apt word: 'pornocracy.'

When Trump is impeached and further disgraced, he might if spared jail seize the chance to use his base to form the Pornocrat party. He has the perfect kompromat to lead the Pornocrats. Many fine people in the KKK will join. Good times.

by Anonymousreply 236April 13, 2018 4:42 PM

Half of the country are racist pigs..we have no reason to give into them.

When fucktard fires Rosenstein, what will we do?

What will Mueller and his people do?

by Anonymousreply 237April 13, 2018 4:44 PM

Trump will put that bastard Pruitt in Rosenstein's place. Pruitt is as moraless as Hitler.

by Anonymousreply 238April 13, 2018 4:46 PM

R234 -- you really think today's students learn "civics" in high school?? Half the kids currently in high school barely know how to read and write.

And the only students who study American Government in college are those who registered too late to choose psychology, sociology, or anthropology. An undergrad only needs three credits in a social science to graduate.

by Anonymousreply 239April 13, 2018 4:47 PM

weapons grade stupidity.

by Anonymousreply 240April 13, 2018 4:59 PM

[quote]He told everyone exactly who and what he is from the start.

You presume that people pay attention like you do. Many do not - I have people in my live who voted for Trump and are now horrified by who he is and what he has done. They thought of him as a fabulously successful businessman who was charismatic on TV and would bring a breath of fresh air to D.C. These are not people who watch cable TV news or go to political rallies or pay much attention to anything outside of their own lives.

by Anonymousreply 241April 13, 2018 5:06 PM

If Trump pardons Scooter Libby, it'll be another example of Trump doing the right thing, but for the wrong reasons.

by Anonymousreply 242April 13, 2018 5:10 PM

Yeah, they stopped teaching Civics in high school in the past 25 years. They just go to Washington DC to shop/eat in restaurants/take selfies now.

by Anonymousreply 243April 13, 2018 5:12 PM

It still amazes me, R241, that people like who you describe must have at least heard or seen the images of Trump down the escalator announcing his run and talking about Mexican rapists. Or his birther conspiracies. Or any of his other greatest hits during the campaign -- and thought, this is a good one to put in charge of our government.

I am more in despair of the average American's ability to use his capacity to reason than ever.

by Anonymousreply 244April 13, 2018 5:19 PM

I dont buy for one second that people were unaware of what Trump was really like......even if they dont watch cable news and dont read newspapers, they likely have the internet and have heard from others the things hes said and done......you would have to be a complete moron to be that clueless.

by Anonymousreply 245April 13, 2018 5:22 PM

Rod Rosenstein is telling people he expects to be fired soon. NBC reporting.

by Anonymousreply 246April 13, 2018 5:27 PM

This was posted in one of the Comey threads yesterday. I think it's worth posting here:

"As I've had time to think about the 2016 election, I'm just not sure Hillary would have won. There was a lot of indifference and complacency on the left and moderate side. A lot of them never thought Trump had a chance to win. On the other hand, right wingers were fired up because of their racism and hatred for both Obama and liberals. Trump, Fox "News", Assange, Wikileaks and Russia pushing out and backing each other up on countless fake news conspiracy theories fired up the right wingers even more.

Had Hillary won, I think she also would have been under investigation, but unlike with Trump, it would have been a true witch hunt. Enough moderates would fall for the propaganda of Benghazi/emails/uranium one/Clinton foundation stories and the republican-controlled congress would have launched investigations. The mainstream media and Democrats defending Hillary would be called all the names we're calling Fox and the repubs who are covering for Trump. Even though there wouldn't be any findings of guilt, it would have pushed more people to the right when it comes to voting.

As much as I hate to say it, there is 1 positive to the election of Trump. He, the repubs and Fox "News" have all been exposed as corrupt, filthy immoral liars and people who thought they didn't have to vote in the 2016 election are now engaged in following political news. Had Hillary won, the right-wing propaganda would have been more believable in many of their eyes. Now the right wingers have ZERO credibility. Certainly I'm not happy about Trump winning as he's causing insane amounts of lasting damage to our country but at least there is a feeling of a blue wave coming."

In particular, his observation "would have been a true witch hunt", stands out to me.

by Anonymousreply 247April 13, 2018 5:27 PM

Agree r247, all that Repub bs about "faaamilies" and fiscal responsibility has been exposed and anyone trying it on in the future all be laughed at.

by Anonymousreply 248April 13, 2018 5:31 PM

[quote]I dont buy for one second that people were unaware of what Trump was really like......even if they dont watch cable news and dont read newspapers, they likely have the internet and have heard from others the things hes said and done......you would have to be a complete moron to be that clueless.

For fuck's sake, he stood on a debate stage and said "HEY RUSSIA! STEAL THIS BITCH'S EMAILS!"

by Anonymousreply 249April 13, 2018 5:35 PM

Eliot Broidy....the name everyone told us to put a pin in.....used the services of Michael Cohen to pay off a playboy playmate that he impregnated for 1.6 mil......Broidy just released a statement admitting it......hes a friend and supporter of Trump, and the RNC Finance Co-Chair....along with Michael Cohen......lol

by Anonymousreply 250April 13, 2018 5:42 PM

R250 Wow. So that's the guy Avenatti wrote the "blind" tweet about last night.

by Anonymousreply 251April 13, 2018 5:44 PM

"I dont buy for one second that people were unaware of what Trump was really like"

The people you refer to truly believed they voted for the guy who starred in The Apprentice, a facsimile of Trump. Not a portrayal of who Trump really is.....That's what I think, anyway. It's unfortunate but thus the damage of "reality" tv.

by Anonymousreply 252April 13, 2018 5:47 PM

[quote]Eliot Broidy....the name everyone told us to put a pin in

Rats. I have lots of pins on hand.

by Anonymousreply 253April 13, 2018 5:48 PM

[quote]The people you refer to truly believed they voted for the guy who starred in The Apprentice, a facsimile of Trump. Not a portrayal of who Trump really is.....That's what I think, anyway. It's unfortunate but thus the damage of "reality" tv

I also think that he is suffering from some mental disorder or senility that has worsened in the years since that stupid tv show.

by Anonymousreply 254April 13, 2018 5:50 PM

[quote]As I've had time to think about the 2016 election, I'm just not sure Hillary would have won.

Yeah because with all the Russian influence, Gerrymandering, Comey / Email thing, Bernie trying to undermine her, etc. they still only managed to win by less than 77,000 votes.

What a stupid thing to say.

by Anonymousreply 255April 13, 2018 5:51 PM

From Malcolm Nance...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 256April 13, 2018 5:59 PM

Michael Flynn Jr. is Malcolm Nance?

by Anonymousreply 257April 13, 2018 6:01 PM

And in other news Paul Manafort is Mr. Rogers.

by Anonymousreply 258April 13, 2018 6:05 PM

R257, sorry. Nance posted Flynn, Jr's tweet on his twitter feed with commentary.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 259April 13, 2018 6:10 PM

Elliot Broidy is a shady financier and convicted felon who was involved in fundraising for Trump's campaign. He "recommended" people for various positions in the Trump administration, possibly in exchange for $$.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 260April 13, 2018 6:16 PM

R259 you're having trouble with links today!

by Anonymousreply 261April 13, 2018 6:17 PM

The link for R259

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 262April 13, 2018 6:18 PM

Elliot Broidy is also an associate of Rick Gates......and was funneling illegal Russian donations into the RNC......this was all planned in advance by Mueller......watch and learn as the GOP starts to crumble and fall.......Rick Gates knows where those bodies are too and hes not about to take the fall.

by Anonymousreply 263April 13, 2018 6:27 PM

Valerie Plame's husband was just being phone-interviewed by Katy Tur, and didn't mince words at all about Trump (and the neocons). At the end he let slip a "fucking", he was so ticked off.

Said the neocon propaganda machine will now boost Trump's propaganda even more through their own channels.

by Anonymousreply 264April 13, 2018 6:32 PM

Trump has lived his miserable, depraved life out in the open now for 30+ years. He was a lying, cheating douche in the '80s when he was buying time on Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous, when he humiliated Ivana with Marla in the '90s, when he appeared in cameo in porn, when he unloaded his filth on Howard Stern, etc, when he bankrupted and shafted people in the '00s, and when he started spying on naked, young women in beauty pageants. The Apprentice didn't even attempt to hide what a nasty, vengeful, moral-free scumbag he is.

Anyone who pretends to be "shocked" at his sociopathic behavior is a fat, fucking liar. They knew. We all knew. The world knew. People are pretending to be shocked because otherwise they'd have to own up the fact that they are craven deplorables who were willing to summon and embrace that kind of evil just so they could stay in power and stick it to a lib.

by Anonymousreply 265April 13, 2018 6:33 PM

Sooo....Scooter Libbys pardon attorney is Victoria Toensing......wife of DiGenova and also attorney for several people involved in Trumps corruption case....i.e. McGahn, Priebus and a few others.........its like a private club......

by Anonymousreply 266April 13, 2018 6:51 PM

He’s already been pardoned I thought. He was let out of jail years ago.

This is pathetic.

by Anonymousreply 267April 13, 2018 6:56 PM

^^^^shes also a registered foreign agent

by Anonymousreply 268April 13, 2018 6:56 PM

Also this:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 269April 13, 2018 6:58 PM

The title of the article above is:

Coincidence? Scooter Libby case involved James Comey, ‘witch hunt’ claims and a vilified special prosecutor.

by Anonymousreply 270April 13, 2018 6:58 PM

Former F.B.I. Deputy Director Is Faulted in Scathing Inspector General Report

The inspector general said that when investigators asked whether he had instructed aides to provide information in October 2016 to a reporter with The Wall Street Journal, Mr. McCabe said he did not authorize the disclosure and did not know who did.

But Mr. McCabe did approve the F.B.I.’s contact with the reporter, according to the review.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 271April 13, 2018 7:03 PM

CNN has now learned that Rosenstein has consulted with the ethics adviser over the course of the investigation on whether he needs to recuse himself, and he has followed that individual's advice -- a fact which has not been previously reported and offers a more fulsome explanation for how he has continued to oversee Mueller's work. The source did not specify the number of conversations, timing, or the details of the advice

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 272April 13, 2018 7:05 PM

Kyle Griffin:

The FBI obtained warrants to seize material from Michael Cohen’s cellphones, tablet, laptop and a safe deposit box, according to people briefed on the warrants, NYT reports.

by Anonymousreply 273April 13, 2018 7:06 PM

A pro-Trump political action committee is refusing to return a hefty contribution from Steve Wynn, the former casino magnate who has been accused of sexual misconduct, CNBC has learned.

Wynn gave $500,000 to America First Action Super PAC on Jan. 23, just days before the first reports of his alleged harassment of women were published

"We're not returning the donation," a spokeswoman for America First said.

CNBC then asked the spokeswoman whether the group plans to accept future donations from Wynn.

"Why do you ask? Did he offer?" she wrote back in an email

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 274April 13, 2018 7:08 PM

Why isn’t the teen girl who made allegations against him never discussed in this thread or in any media?

Very strange.

by Anonymousreply 275April 13, 2018 7:15 PM

If she was underage then NDA is invalid. Not worth the paper.

by Anonymousreply 276April 13, 2018 7:16 PM

Sarah Huckabee Sanders is literally scolding the press for giving Comey any media coverage for his publicity stunt.....lol... DESPERATE

by Anonymousreply 277April 13, 2018 7:17 PM

[quote] Former F.B.I. Deputy Director Is Faulted in Scathing Inspector General Report

oh pish posh. It's easy to spin narratives and misinterpret questions and answers when you have an agenda. Actually prosecutors are very adept at this. Unless I know exactly what was asked and answered - not some notes of the investigating team - I can't know.

by Anonymousreply 278April 13, 2018 7:39 PM

She has a graduate degree in scolding, r277.....

by Anonymousreply 279April 13, 2018 7:43 PM

RNC Deputy Finance Chair was the payoff guy to Playboy Bunny. Certainly, they are checking where he got the money for such a huge pay off? I wonder if today was news to his wife?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 280April 13, 2018 7:44 PM

I have a question. I’m sure Presidential Pardons and Executive Privilege were never meant to be used as tools to cover up high crimes and misdemeanors of a President or his or her friends, family, allies, and past or present staff. If Trump uses them in this way, how would that not be considered an impeachable offense, obstruction of justice, or even possibly criminal conspiracy?

by Anonymousreply 281April 13, 2018 7:45 PM

[quote]DOJ just issued the McCabe report - which is a total disaster. He LIED! LIED! LIED! McCabe was totally controlled by Comey - McCabe is Comey!! No collusion, all made up by this den of thieves and lowlifes!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 282April 13, 2018 7:50 PM

No greater irony to cry about LIAR on the day of pardoning Scooter Libby.

by Anonymousreply 283April 13, 2018 7:59 PM

Firings tend to happen Friday nights. Brace up, folks!

by Anonymousreply 284April 13, 2018 8:16 PM

[quote]DOJ just issued the McCabe report - which is a total disaster. He LIED! LIED! LIED! McCabe was totally controlled by Comey - McCabe is Comey!! No collusion, all made up by this den of thieves and lowlifes!

The man is coming apart at the seams.

by Anonymousreply 285April 13, 2018 8:22 PM

Cohen might be smarter than we've given him credit for.

This whole business of paying off Playmates and porn stars on behalf of Republican clients might be a sweet little niche market for him. It certainly seems to keep him busy.

by Anonymousreply 286April 13, 2018 8:23 PM

Nonsense, r285. He’s a stable genius. He told us so himself and he always tells the truth. Just look at how big his hands are.

by Anonymousreply 287April 13, 2018 8:24 PM

R241 those people are useful idiots or being disingenuous.

by Anonymousreply 288April 13, 2018 8:45 PM

[quote]If Trump uses them in this way, how would that not be considered an impeachable offense, obstruction of justice, or even possibly criminal conspiracy?

It certainly could be but you have to keep in mind that an impeachable offense is whatever Congress says it is and the current Republican Congress is unlikely to find anything that Trump does, or has done, an impeachable offense. He really would have to stand out in the middle of the street and shoot somebody.

by Anonymousreply 289April 13, 2018 9:17 PM

r289, and then they would claim that Trump just defended himself or stood his ground or something like that.

by Anonymousreply 290April 13, 2018 9:22 PM

Joy Reid @JoyAnnReid

GOP source to me just now: “the Libby pardon is aimed at Manafort.”

by Anonymousreply 291April 13, 2018 9:28 PM

And there's this..

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 292April 13, 2018 10:06 PM

I’m exhausted.

by Anonymousreply 293April 13, 2018 10:07 PM

So is it possible that Cohen taped things so that Trump could listen to them? We all know he doesn’t like to read, but would he listen to recordings of Cohen and, oh, let’s say Russian businessmen?

by Anonymousreply 294April 13, 2018 10:08 PM

The silence must be deafening, upstairs at the White House and at casa Kushner. What could any of them have to say to one another?

by Anonymousreply 295April 13, 2018 10:59 PM

[quote] I need about 20 drinks to get thru thus weekend

lightweight!

by Anonymousreply 296April 13, 2018 11:17 PM

More confirmation of the Steele Dossier:

[quote]The Justice Department special counsel has evidence that Donald Trump’s personal lawyer and confidant, Michael Cohen, secretly made a late-summer trip to Prague during the 2016 presidential campaign, according to two sources familiar with the matter.

[quote]Confirmation of the trip would lend credence to a retired British spy’s report that Cohen strategized there with a powerful Kremlin figure about Russian meddling in the U.S. election.

Cohen has been denying for months that he was ever in Prague.

[quote]But investigators have traced evidence that Cohen entered the Czech Republic through Germany, apparently during August or early September of 2016 as the ex-spy reported, said the sources, who spoke on condition of anonymity because the investigation is confidential. He wouldn’t have needed a passport for such a trip, because both countries are in the so-called Schengen Area in which 26 nations operate with open borders. The disclosure still left a puzzle: The sources did not say whether Cohen took a commercial flight or private jet to Europe, and gave no explanation as to why no record of such a trip has surfaced.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 297April 13, 2018 11:19 PM

HAHAHAHAHA.....Mueller has proof and evidence that Cohen was in Prague in 2016......Trump is going down HARD......TREASON BABY

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 298April 13, 2018 11:20 PM

Cohen in Prague is HUGE!

by Anonymousreply 299April 13, 2018 11:22 PM

, Trump is anti-leaking and unmasking....unless he needs to tell the defendants in his case that they can lie to the FBI and be pardoned, by pardoning Scooter Libby? huh.

The "Comey Sucks" website by the RNC/GOP removes any pretense that they are not 100% behind Trump and his bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 300April 13, 2018 11:22 PM

R293. and it's only 4:20 on the West Coast. It isn't over, the news cycle of Friday the 13th....

by Anonymousreply 301April 13, 2018 11:23 PM

I f9ind it interesting that Kushner and Ivanka have all but disappeared. I don't follow twitter, though. I am sure Ivanka is still posting Marie Antoinette type tweets about champagne popsicles and the like...

by Anonymousreply 302April 13, 2018 11:25 PM

He needs to be impeached. I hope Tom Steyer increases his ad buy.

by Anonymousreply 303April 13, 2018 11:26 PM

HUGE! Bigly. If the Cohen thing is true, that's the ballgame on conspiracy. No wonder Twitler is having an even bigger meltdown than usual.

by Anonymousreply 304April 13, 2018 11:27 PM

Just reported by McClatchy News: They have confirmed that Cohen WAS in Prague in 2016 just like the Steele Dossier has always said, and which he has always denied.

Cohen is a LIAR! LIAR! LIAR!

by Anonymousreply 305April 13, 2018 11:31 PM

This is the reason the word woo-hoo was invented.

by Anonymousreply 306April 13, 2018 11:34 PM

McClatchy: Mueller has evidence Cohen was in Prague in 2016, confirming part of Dossier.

by Anonymousreply 307April 13, 2018 11:38 PM

Ha ha, I knew that Dossier was real!

by Anonymousreply 308April 13, 2018 11:39 PM

There was never a doubt the Dossier wasn't real and true. All the GOP could do is chip on some parts, because of some random typos.

by Anonymousreply 309April 13, 2018 11:41 PM

What is left to confirm in the dossier. save the poor, dead pee girls?

by Anonymousreply 310April 13, 2018 11:42 PM

Is McClatchy a trustworthy source?

by Anonymousreply 311April 13, 2018 11:44 PM

I still want to know what happened in Croatia when Ivanka was a bag woman with Wendi Deng. It has always stood out to me, and rarely is mentioned.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 312April 13, 2018 11:45 PM

damn it, I meant to sign my above post with "You're in Dubrovnik, I don't see you"

by Anonymousreply 313April 13, 2018 11:46 PM

I wonder if they thought it would less conspicious when the middle-man is someone different each time (Cohen, Ivanka, Don jr., Manafort, etc.)?

by Anonymousreply 314April 13, 2018 11:47 PM

It would look LESS conspicuous when ...

by Anonymousreply 315April 13, 2018 11:48 PM

r313, I got it, very clever.

by Anonymousreply 316April 13, 2018 11:50 PM

I’m afraid for the nation. His cabinet should act now and remove him from office.

by Anonymousreply 317April 13, 2018 11:51 PM

Thank you, R316. :)

by Anonymousreply 318April 13, 2018 11:51 PM

[quote]Is McClatchy a trustworthy source?

LEAST BIASED These sources have minimal bias and use very few loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by using appeal to emotion or stereotypes). The reporting is factual and usually sourced. These are the most credible media sources. See all Least Biased sources.

Factual Reporting: HIGH

Notes: The McClatchy Company is a publicly traded American publishing company based in Sacramento, California. It operates 29 daily newspapers in 14 states. McClatchy journalists have also won 9 Pulitzer prizes in their 159-year history. Well sourced and has low bias. (10/30/2016)

by Anonymousreply 319April 13, 2018 11:53 PM

Then hallelujah! Thx. R319.

by Anonymousreply 320April 13, 2018 11:57 PM

Patience, r312.

If Ivanka has any brains she's been trying to persuade Daddy to step down for a while. She must be on the verge of asking him to prove he means those "nice" things he says about her.

by Anonymousreply 321April 13, 2018 11:57 PM

Ivanka is in Peru right now....congress is miffed because she didnt get clearance......

by Anonymousreply 322April 13, 2018 11:59 PM

And now this....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 323April 14, 2018 12:05 AM

On Chris Hayes right now, McClathy reporter says that Cohen met with Kremlin reps and HACKERS!!!

by Anonymousreply 324April 14, 2018 12:10 AM

Cohen should be indicted for that plaid sports coat.

by Anonymousreply 325April 14, 2018 12:16 AM

[quote]If Ivanka has any brains she's been trying to persuade Daddy to step down for a while.

No, she worships him. Genuinely. That whole family is just a cult, really.

by Anonymousreply 326April 14, 2018 12:20 AM

So what's gonna happen by the end of the day? Will we be at war with Syria or will Rosenstein be fired? or Both?? What do you all thinK???

by Anonymousreply 327April 14, 2018 12:23 AM

At war with Syria? He will nuke the fuck out of it tonight?

by Anonymousreply 328April 14, 2018 12:26 AM

Mueller will conduct a midnight raid, rounding up the Trump crime ring........

you know its coming...especially with the seriousness of the recent leaks.......

by Anonymousreply 329April 14, 2018 12:27 AM

Supposedly, Mattis would not okay the attack on Syria last night, as he thought what was being proposed, went too far. He is standing up to Bolton. He doesn't want World War III.

by Anonymousreply 330April 14, 2018 12:28 AM

But what I really want to know - with all this going on - will Trump still be playing golf this weekend?

by Anonymousreply 331April 14, 2018 12:29 AM

[quote] R245: I dont buy for one second that people were unaware of what Trump was really like......even if they dont watch cable news and dont read newspapers, they likely have the internet and have heard from others the things hes said and done......you would have to be a complete moron to be that clueless.

You only needed to watch any one of the debates to see he was a thug. Or just listen to his rallies.

At his rallies, Trump routinely says he won’t talk about policy, and the crowd cheers. He usually makes a face, like a grade school candidate for class president, promising more recess. “Isn’t this more fun?” Trump asks when he throws his prepared remarks up into the air. He did that as recently as this last week. Then he says he’ll hurry through his remarks so they can “get the hell out of there”, and the crowd roars. If I waited in line, I’d be pissed, but those moron think that’s just great.

After the three-hour debate at the Reagan Library, where it was hot and too tiring for Trump, he “negotiated” for a change to a two-hour format. He bragged about his deal making skills. You could see that he was to hot and tired after that debate and he lost his temper. The media should have drilled into him right then, but they missed his chance.

by Anonymousreply 332April 14, 2018 12:30 AM

I think they reported that he had no events planned (he never does).....so yes, golf.

by Anonymousreply 333April 14, 2018 12:31 AM

There's this, it's about the Trump/Moscow hotel deal

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 334April 14, 2018 12:33 AM

From CNN: Trump is at this hour trying to convince the military to put U.S. soldiers in harm's way in a "sustained assault" on Syria—even as the Defense Department is pushing back hard on the idea. There can be little doubt they know this is just a ploy to distract America.

by Anonymousreply 335April 14, 2018 12:38 AM

Maybe the military will stage a coup and remove him from office.

by Anonymousreply 336April 14, 2018 12:41 AM

Going after Cohen is brilliant. Cohen connects all of Trump's crimes from Stormy to Russia. The Trumpies can't even say Cohen was just the coffee boy or a low level operative... no wonder they are panicked AF. They can't save him nor disavow him, so they go all crazy attacking Comey and Rosenstein. It's too far gone for them to do much except distract the country and delay justice. But they certainly won't give up without more dirty tricks. This mess will get larger and larger as more lie and cheat to save their big baby Trump.

by Anonymousreply 337April 14, 2018 12:41 AM

Heres Trump, and Cohen both denying Cohen went to Prague.......I apologize that this clip is Sean Hannity....but its worth it to see first hand the outright lying that they do.....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 338April 14, 2018 12:42 AM

Someone needs to update this video to include Cohen.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 339April 14, 2018 12:42 AM

Pence had to make an unscheduled stop back at his hotel in South America and the word on Twitter is that Trump will be making a major announcement about Syria in a few minutes.

by Anonymousreply 340April 14, 2018 12:48 AM

Press pool in Lima with Vice President Pence is rushing back to the hotel unexpectedly. White House is telling the press pool that’s here in Washington to gather.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 341April 14, 2018 12:49 AM

CNN is reporting that Trump riais going to address the nation tonight on Syria.

This is it, Gold help us.

by Anonymousreply 342April 14, 2018 12:50 AM

Trump is addressing the nation at 9:00 about Syria. Time to wag that dog.

by Anonymousreply 343April 14, 2018 12:51 AM

"is going to address the nation"

sorry. I hate my keyboard sometimes.

by Anonymousreply 344April 14, 2018 12:51 AM

Thanks to DJT, pee pee play has become a new, acceptable and sexual craze among right wing fundamentalists.

by Anonymousreply 345April 14, 2018 12:51 AM

Hopefully, Mattis won out and it will be measured.

by Anonymousreply 346April 14, 2018 12:52 AM

fuck man

by Anonymousreply 347April 14, 2018 12:54 AM

Damn, can be be impeached for this? Striking a sovereign nation because of troubles at home?

Can he be impeached for ANYTHING???

by Anonymousreply 348April 14, 2018 12:55 AM

Congresswoman Barbara Lee said that without debate in Congress, this strike would be illegal.

by Anonymousreply 349April 14, 2018 12:57 AM

Will there be sniffling? Big Mac remnants on his suit? Will he be orange or red?

by Anonymousreply 350April 14, 2018 1:02 AM

It could just be a lot of posturing and military threats in the hopes it’ll make President Pee-Pee look more presidential.

And I was really looking forward to Rachel Maddow tonight.

by Anonymousreply 351April 14, 2018 1:03 AM

r349, what fucking good does it do for *anything* to be illegal if no laws are ever fucking enforced?

by Anonymousreply 352April 14, 2018 1:03 AM

He's going to nuke MUELLER!

by Anonymousreply 353April 14, 2018 1:04 AM

Tots and pears for Syria.

by Anonymousreply 354April 14, 2018 1:06 AM

It's an impeachable offense only if Congress, the House of Representatives is willing to Impeach.

by Anonymousreply 355April 14, 2018 1:06 AM

R350: Sniffling-Check

by Anonymousreply 356April 14, 2018 1:07 AM

R (356) I just wrote out the same damn thing!! So, Russia is our "enemy" now? Chemical weapons are a problem? The deplorables heads will be blown apart tonight...Love him talking about "evil" and "warriors" as if he has any sense of decency. Also, he keeps bringing up WORLD WARS and GOD.

by Anonymousreply 357April 14, 2018 1:10 AM

The dog, she is wagged.

by Anonymousreply 358April 14, 2018 1:10 AM

Rachel Maddow is tearing up, MARY x a billion!!!!!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 359April 14, 2018 1:13 AM

SAD DAY. Our President is a criminal and his party is actively working to save him. The loons really want a full on rebuff of the rule of law. Thank God the military chiefs muzzled him: I cannot believe the Republicans have no shame and won’t stand up to him. Pussies! Get a grip and remove him

by Anonymousreply 360April 14, 2018 1:15 AM

And as of yesterday, not even the militia was aware of this.

A distraction, indeed. At a huge expense.

by Anonymousreply 361April 14, 2018 1:16 AM

What a heroic leader. How presidential. Pee what? Colluwhat?

by Anonymousreply 362April 14, 2018 1:20 AM

Wait so are we actually murdering people right now?

by Anonymousreply 363April 14, 2018 1:22 AM

#ThanksWarPowersAct

by Anonymousreply 364April 14, 2018 1:22 AM

Not to shrug off something this big and horrible, I hope and pray that the news tomorrow goes right back to being about Cohen, Prague and Pee-Pee.

by Anonymousreply 365April 14, 2018 1:24 AM

Cohen is an idiot, says Lindsey.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 366April 14, 2018 1:24 AM

Rachel is reminding everyone how dangerous Trump is. I have to believe some very important people are talking with the Kochs and other VIPs $$$ to move them to get Ryan & the House on board. If Ryan would at least allow articles of impeachment and let Judiciary Committee get moving, we could get all the Dems and 24 Republicans.

by Anonymousreply 367April 14, 2018 1:25 AM

Now that the cat is out of the bag regarding Russia, look for Putin to retaliate. Trump and Putin have this all planned out.

by Anonymousreply 368April 14, 2018 1:27 AM

The Truman Strike Group just left the East Coast on Wednesday. It'll be days before they're in position.

Either they're completely winging it, or this is only phase one.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 369April 14, 2018 1:35 AM

Trump and Putin have already worked this out. Putin has stepped back and moved his shit out of the way. Putin probably even knows where the strikes will happen and when. Now Putin will talk tough. Make some threats, even do something but not too much. This is all for show.

by Anonymousreply 370April 14, 2018 1:37 AM

R370 you mean like last year's air strike?

by Anonymousreply 371April 14, 2018 1:38 AM

Devil incarnate. Sending unknown numbers of people to their death for a distraction from his everyday criminality. May he start rotting in hell right now.

by Anonymousreply 372April 14, 2018 1:39 AM

No some official in Moscow is telling MNBC reporter in Moscow that the Western military and the Russian military were talking because the West wanted to minimize and avoid Russian casualties. So yes, Putin was warned, and very likely moved his assets.

by Anonymousreply 373April 14, 2018 1:40 AM

Malcolm Nance says...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 374April 14, 2018 1:41 AM

R370, here. Yes R371. I was writing "Now, some official in Moscow..." not "No"

by Anonymousreply 375April 14, 2018 1:41 AM

^^ check out Seth Abramson

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 376April 14, 2018 1:42 AM

Try again

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 377April 14, 2018 1:43 AM

BREAKING: The president just offered friendship and—I think it's clear—*money* to Russia in a statement that was supposed to unambiguously condemn Russia for its significant culpability in the commission of a war crime. I'm speechless.

6:14 PM - 13 Apr 2018

Seth Abramson ‏ Verified account

@SethAbramson 13m13 minutes ago More 2/ While directly addressing Putin, Mr. Trump said the following: "The United States has a *lot* to offer, [Mr. Putin], with the greatest and most powerful economy in the world..."

31 replies 181 retweets 464 likes Reply 31 Retweet 181 Like 464

Seth Abramson ‏ Verified account

@SethAbramson 10m10 minutes ago More 3/ Based on Trump's past off-teleprompter moments, it appears his expression of hope that we'd get along with Russia was off-script. In the past I've compared transcripts with Trump's actual words and he hit *every tell* that he was off-script.

This man is *terrified* of Putin.

by Anonymousreply 378April 14, 2018 1:44 AM

So DJT offers Putie the USA economy? How sweet & generous.

by Anonymousreply 379April 14, 2018 1:49 AM

This Shit is Getting REAL! OMG!

by Anonymousreply 380April 14, 2018 1:50 AM

Rachel posed the wag the dog question to a military general talking head (giving him an option to not answer) and wether or not the decision makers consider the optics when launching an attack at such a coincidental time, and the guy said he doesn’t believe in coincidences and that, yes, consideration is given to how ir csnapoear to be a distraction strategy. He added that he doesn’t completely disregard that it could in part be that.

by Anonymousreply 381April 14, 2018 1:56 AM

Poor Syria. Fucked by their leaders, fucked by Russia, fucked by us.

by Anonymousreply 382April 14, 2018 2:00 AM

When I click on WW for someone's comment, the FF button seems to be activated as well. This started happening a couple days ago. I don't want to FF my WW posters!

by Anonymousreply 383April 14, 2018 2:03 AM

It does that so you don't choose both options, R383

by Anonymousreply 384April 14, 2018 2:07 AM

Pentagon saying it’s a one time shot, unless Asad defies further with more use of chemical weapons.

by Anonymousreply 385April 14, 2018 2:08 AM

Bill Maher: “Operation Desert Stormy”

by Anonymousreply 386April 14, 2018 2:12 AM

The Pentagon General answering questions now - hot daddy!

by Anonymousreply 387April 14, 2018 2:13 AM

So Lawrence O’D was completely bumped - at least Rachel was able to host her hour, even if addressing the ongoing Syria crisis.

Now we’re on with B Williams

by Anonymousreply 388April 14, 2018 2:27 AM

Barbara Starr may be employed by CNN, but she's the Pentagon's go-to person to get their chosen messaging out.

by Anonymousreply 389April 14, 2018 2:35 AM

I've been watching Barbara Starr for years and she always has good solid information. She has sources she's cultivated for years.

by Anonymousreply 390April 14, 2018 2:37 AM

Plus she's a natural beauty.

by Anonymousreply 391April 14, 2018 3:00 AM

R339, “From Russia with Love” - love it!

by Anonymousreply 392April 14, 2018 3:42 AM

This week, bomb Syria

Next week, fire Rosenstein

by Anonymousreply 393April 14, 2018 3:42 AM

Brian Williams looks more orange than Trump tonight.

by Anonymousreply 394April 14, 2018 4:18 AM

r241, these people are lying through their goddamn teeth. They knew exactly who they were voting for. And they likely share the same racist and bigoted beliefs as Trump. They are now trying to save face by pretending to be horrified.

Pretty soon, these liars will deny ever having voted for him.

by Anonymousreply 395April 14, 2018 8:56 AM

I don't think they knew-knew / know-know. They are just stupid sheep being manipulated. They hear a few buzz words, their buttons being pushed, and they take the appropiate action (appropiate as in do what they are supposed to based on their brainwashing).

by Anonymousreply 396April 14, 2018 9:21 AM

Trump won because of white panic. He gave racists permission to come out of the shadows and they voted.

by Anonymousreply 397April 14, 2018 9:52 AM

AGREE R396.

Precisely why Cambridge Analytica stole users’ Facebook data: figure out the buzz words they could drop into personalized ads that would cause those voters to let down their guard and encourage them to conclude the topic being pushed possibly “had some merit.”

Like guys posting shirtless pics on DL to cover stupid shit.

by Anonymousreply 398April 14, 2018 9:56 AM

I'm wondering when Frank Luntz is going to surface as part of the Data manipulation schemes. Frank was always big on words and language and manipulating voter behavior, seeing what they react to and how to get them to respond the way you need them to. He was doing that back in the 90's long before Cambridge and facebook fused together. I won't be surprised to discover he had a hand in it.

by Anonymousreply 399April 14, 2018 12:14 PM

F. Comey and the book he's riding in on. Hillary might have been an "illegitimate President"? How's THAT working for ya, Jamie?

by Anonymousreply 400April 14, 2018 1:18 PM

r400....do you even know what that means ?......he is stating that had he kept quiet, the GOP would use it against HC to say she was an illegitimate president because the FBI withheld info re: the investigation.

by Anonymousreply 401April 14, 2018 2:52 PM

These GOP commentators going on about how undignified it is that Comey mentioned suntan goggles and Trump's hair must not remember much about the fucking Starr Report and how undignified, invasive and ridiculous that was - and that was supported and ordered up by the same GOP that is pretending to blush now.

The never-ending fucking hypocrisy of these conservatives is so galling. They really stand for nothing.

by Anonymousreply 402April 14, 2018 3:42 PM

I don't believe that protecting Hillary Clinton as a potential POTUS had anything to do with it but I do believe the hyper-partisan atmosphere in DC certainly informed Comey's efforts to cover his own ass. He was being a good boy scout by seeking to please his Republican overlords but failed to assess the scale of the impact his actions would have.

I really don't give a shit about James Comey. He is definitely a pivotal figure in our contemporary history but I don't feel any allegiance to him. At the same time, I don't question his integrity. Just his judgement.

by Anonymousreply 403April 14, 2018 3:47 PM

[quote] The never-ending fucking hypocrisy of these conservatives is so galling. They really stand for nothing.

THIS. A million time this.

by Anonymousreply 404April 14, 2018 3:49 PM

The spent years going after the Clintons for Whitewater....and after all the time and money spent, all they could come up with was he lied about a blowjob......Trump committed Treason.....the pieces are coming together......its been a year and we have half dozen guilty pleas/indictments......and now direct evidence showing Trump and co conspired with Russia........crickets.

by Anonymousreply 405April 14, 2018 3:50 PM

[quote] He was being a good boy scout by seeking to please his Republican overlords but failed to assess the scale of the impact his actions would have.

He's basically saying "I'm not the bad guy here! I was used as an unwittingly pawn!".

by Anonymousreply 406April 14, 2018 3:50 PM

R241 is talking a kind of comforting bullshit. There can't be a Trump voter alive who didn't hear the Access Hollywood tape at least once. Also, casting a garish vulgarian as "charismatic" is a misuse of that word. Bill Clinton is charismatic. Oprah Winfrey is charismatic. Trump is vulgar narcissist who will say anything to get attention. There's a difference.

The idea that Trump voters weren't aware of who he was is ridiculous - it's not like there was anything else there. These people are acting like Germans post-WWII when suddenly they all had selective amnesia about who they were and what they supported and went along with.

by Anonymousreply 407April 14, 2018 3:53 PM

And Whitewater went on for 7 years! And they had nothing! I remember reading about it everyday in the NYT (who, of course, reported on it dutifully) and I could never figure out what it was about - a land deal in the '80s? And then they turn around and elect a guy who won't even release his fucking tax returns as POTUS?!

A married man denies having an office dalliance with a consenting intern the first time he's asked about - oh my goodness, what a surprise! They were actually shown up when the Senate found him not guilty and his approval rating soared to 75%. But Clinton never talked about it or dressed down the investigation - he got on with the work of being President. Trump is on record as telling over 2,000 verifiable lies just in the last 14 months - and they don't do anything about it. It's unbelievable. But they'll get theirs. Embracing and covering up for Trump will be the end of the GOP. By the time he's brought down, that entire party will be in ashes and whatever remains will be in the wilderness for so long it won't even matter.

by Anonymousreply 408April 14, 2018 4:02 PM

The Access Hollywood tape probably got a few of the the mysogynists off their asses and out to vote. What better for them when a woman is the alternative.

by Anonymousreply 409April 14, 2018 4:03 PM

Just before the election, someone on MSNBC (it might have been Steve Schmidt) said, "The GOP can survive if Donald Trump loses, but they won’t survive if he wins." I’ve never forgotten those words.

by Anonymousreply 410April 14, 2018 4:13 PM

[quote]At the same time, I don't question his integrity. Just his judgement.

It was either David Axelrod or David Gergen, both respectable, moderate commentators (in my view) who said last night Comey's problem is that he sees himself as the lead in a morality play, and that many of his observations were petty and distracting.

Nonetheless you know that's what drives Cheeto craziest. Which is good because his fury is amusing and bad because he does have the ability to tell the armed forces what to do.

by Anonymousreply 411April 14, 2018 4:15 PM

To say Deplorables that voted for Cheeto didn't know the extent of how bad he was is fucking ridiculous. Stop wiping their asses and giving them excuses. There is not a single person who voted for him that didn't know how fucking goddamn awful he is. They voted for him PRECISELY because he showed them exactly who he was.

by Anonymousreply 412April 14, 2018 4:21 PM

[quote]Just before the election, someone on MSNBC (it might have been Steve Schmidt) said, "The GOP can survive if Donald Trump loses, but they won’t survive if he wins." I’ve never forgotten those words.

They also said the Republicans may never win another election and that Trump was an evil clown for implying that the integrity of national elections can be compromised.

by Anonymousreply 413April 14, 2018 4:21 PM

[quote] moderate commentators (in my view) who said last night Comey's problem is that he sees himself as the lead in a morality play, and that many of his observations were petty and distracting

R411 Have they read any Trump tweets? LOL It seems everyone is held to high standards except the whiny big baby in the WH.

by Anonymousreply 414April 14, 2018 4:23 PM

[quote]There is not a single person who voted for him that didn't know how fucking goddamn awful he is. They voted for him PRECISELY because he showed them exactly who he was.

Which is why it was such a poor campaign strategy for Hillary to go around bashing Trump all the time rather than focusing on appositive message about herself.

by Anonymousreply 415April 14, 2018 4:24 PM

^Nice try troll at R415. Your game is so weak.

by Anonymousreply 416April 14, 2018 4:27 PM

R415 No, it's not poor strategy. People just didn't respond to her correct criticism of Trump because of the brainwashing from Facebook and the rest of the media. They refused to hold Trump to any standards that would be applied to real politicians, and thus weakened any of her criticism as mere "politcal attacks". The same thing they are trying to do the Comey's criticism of Trump.

by Anonymousreply 417April 14, 2018 4:29 PM

R416, it is standard wisdom among Democrats that Hillary erred in focusing too much on Trump and not enough on delivering her own message. I know all criticisms of your Queen have to be met with outrage, but I am hardly the first person to express that commonsense opinion.

by Anonymousreply 418April 14, 2018 4:30 PM

[quote]Which is why it was such a poor campaign strategy for Hillary

Considering that she only "lost" by 75,000 electoral votes and won the popular vote by several million... DESPITE the Russians, DESPITE Comey, DESPITE Bernie, DESPITE Gerrymandering.... no, it wasn't "such a poor campaign strategy."

And you've proven yourself quite stupid to say that.

by Anonymousreply 419April 14, 2018 4:31 PM

*75,000 votes in three states (not electoral votes).

by Anonymousreply 420April 14, 2018 4:32 PM

[quote]People just didn't respond to her correct criticism of Trump because of the brainwashing from Facebook and the rest of the media

What fantasy land do you live in where the media were pulling for Trump? Every major newspaper in the USA endorsed Clinton. Practically every major media figure on TV was choking back tears on election night.

[quote]Considering that she only "lost" by 75,000 electoral votes and won the popular vote by several million...

The only popular vote that counts is the one you vote in at the state level. Trump won thirty states, Hillary won twenty states. Hillary lost by over seventy votes in the electoral college, which is the only win that counts.

by Anonymousreply 421April 14, 2018 4:33 PM

r421....yet every single station focused nonstop on Trump and his antics......they only coverage they really gave Clinton was about her emails and Benghazi......so fuck off with that shit. All had to do was give a side eye and he recieved wall to wall coverage. How many campaign speeches did they broadcast of Hillarys ?......the broadcast almost every single one of Trumps.

by Anonymousreply 422April 14, 2018 4:37 PM

R421 he "won"

Try again.

by Anonymousreply 423April 14, 2018 4:39 PM

R421 As we see, losing the popular votes makes a president weak and unpopular, Look at his inability to govern effectively and how he is now besieged by scandals of cheating on every front. "Winning" in this case is very much a case of losing. Can't wait to see you defend his "win" when he's kicked out of office in disgrace.

by Anonymousreply 424April 14, 2018 4:40 PM

Look at R421 's posting history and respond accordingly.

by Anonymousreply 425April 14, 2018 4:40 PM

He is our duly elected and inaugurated President, R423, your opinion notwithstanding. R425, my personal opinions don't alter the fact that the electoral college has always decided our elections.

[quote]....yet every single station focused nonstop on Trump and his antics......

For the purpose of undermining him, a tactic they have employed non-stop to this day.

Trump would win every online poll in 2016 during the primaries and debates, etc. and the media would tell everyone to ignore those polls as they were being rigged by trolls. The Public told the media over and over that we supported Trump for real and they spun it like he and we could be easily dismissed and vanquished. They thought they held all the cards. Weren't they surprised when the Trump Train turned out to be real.

by Anonymousreply 426April 14, 2018 4:41 PM

Right, R403. If Comey wanted to be above board, he should've also said about the already going FBI investigation into the Trump campaign. What's good for the goose should be good for the gander. No sympathies for him there. He majorly fucked up.

by Anonymousreply 427April 14, 2018 4:42 PM

In three states which were gerrymandered, had their db's compromised.

Man the trolls have come out... you know they're worried. Especially when they start revising history. I love watching them spin.

Clear some more cookies, Vlad.

by Anonymousreply 428April 14, 2018 4:43 PM

Yup, R428 watching them spin is fascinating. And obvious.

by Anonymousreply 429April 14, 2018 4:44 PM

He was a known fraudster BEFORE the election!

by Anonymousreply 430April 14, 2018 4:45 PM

[quote]Man the trolls have come out... you know they're worried. Especially when they start revising history. I love watching them spin.

I love being told how worried and nervous I am all the time. I am not the one engaging in pedophile human trafficking. Trump's enemies are very nervous because the open-borders kiddie-fucking market is being closed. Ask yourself why the CEO of Backpage.com, who just pleaded guilty to human trafficking, initially tried to bribe his way out of the charges by donating to Democrats in Arizona.

by Anonymousreply 431April 14, 2018 4:47 PM

R428 This troll is weak. Stupid talk points to make a cheating lying con man look legitimate. A Suckabeast wannbe!

by Anonymousreply 432April 14, 2018 4:47 PM

The CEO of Backpage, a classified ads website, pleaded guilty on Thursday to conspiracy, money laundering, and facilitating prostitution. Carl Ferrer will face up to five years in prison. His plea agreement requires that he permanently shut the website down immediately, according to a statement from the Justice Department, as well offer “technical assistance” to the US government to effectively do so.

Ferrer, 57, admitted that “he had long been aware that the great majority of Backpage’s ‘escort’ and ‘adult’ advertisements are, in fact, advertisements for prostitution services,” according to a statement from the Justice Department. Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton said in a statement that the company has also plead guilty to human trafficking in the state.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 433April 14, 2018 4:48 PM

Ha, told ya!

by Anonymousreply 434April 14, 2018 4:49 PM

lol. Didn't even acknowledge the facts.

by Anonymousreply 435April 14, 2018 4:50 PM

Looks like someone got offended, ha.

by Anonymousreply 436April 14, 2018 4:51 PM

Nervous Nelly can't handle the Stormy Weather.

by Anonymousreply 437April 14, 2018 4:53 PM

For Trump supporters - and I am including morons like Roseanne and Palin - they want an “outsider” who will stand up to “illegals and liberals” and unlike Obama, “put America first.” They are not deep thinkers or inclusive, and they really just want white power. Unfortunately the RNC is not only enabling this mindset, they are actively promoting it, to the point where “they don’t care” if Trump is a crook

by Anonymousreply 438April 14, 2018 4:55 PM

The recount in Wisconsin caused Trump to gain votes. The recount in Michigan was shut down promptly after chicanery in Democratic precincts was uncovered. There is no evidence of fraud in the PA election. You people make up pretty lies to justify Hillary's fair loss.

Note the one thing that no Democrat ever brings up to explain away Hillary's loss is the October revelations about spirit cooking and the "cheese pizza" pedo-code that is all over Podesta's emails. They are terrified lest we discover what Cheryl Mills was referring to in the email where she described "sacrificing a chicken to Moloch" in her backyard. All gay men know that chicken does not mean poultry.

by Anonymousreply 439April 14, 2018 5:00 PM

Andrew Breitbart warned us in a series of tweets in 2011 that John Podesta had links to underage sex slavery and pedophilia.

In 2010, years before WikiLeaks emails exposed John Podesta’s dubious activities, Andrew Breitbart recognized Clinton’s campaign manager as one of the biggest, most corrupt figures in Washington, D.C.

"How prog-guru John Podesta isn't household name as world class underage sex slave op cover-upperer defending unspeakable dregs escapes me." -- Andrew Breitbart, Feb. 4, 2011

by Anonymousreply 440April 14, 2018 5:02 PM

OMG, please fuck off R439. Not this Pizzagate shit again. Blocked!

by Anonymousreply 441April 14, 2018 5:03 PM

They want things to be shaken up (Drain the Swamp) so bad that they trust a con man who just says what they want to hear and then does the exact opposite while they are still holding on to his original message. Some of the Trump (& Jill Stein) voters (and Bernie Sanders supporters) are just too ashamed that they've been duped so they try their best to "save face".

by Anonymousreply 442April 14, 2018 5:04 PM

R438 Yes, the RNC sold out to a cheating lying con man and the hateful deplorable crowd. When the game is up, the GOP will go into the trash with them.

by Anonymousreply 443April 14, 2018 5:05 PM

R441, this pizzagate shit goes back to 2011, when a professional journalist staked his reputation on outing Podesta as a human trafficking pedophile. That same journalist died mysteriously a few months later - the way people often do when they cross the Clintons.

by Anonymousreply 444April 14, 2018 5:05 PM

Don't fuck with me boys, I will kill you with my cold bare hands! I did in Vince Foster, the guys in Benghazi and anyone else who may have given me a hard time!!!

by Anonymousreply 445April 14, 2018 5:08 PM

The thing is that the GOP (and others like the NRA) create a hostile, and divisive, enviroment because that's the sort of enviroment where they can prosper. Scared and angry people are easy prey for these snake oil salesmen. That's why they have such a control over the media which manipulates people worse than any school or religion these days can.

by Anonymousreply 446April 14, 2018 5:08 PM

R444 Are you wanted those conspiracy theorists who are afraid to leave the basement and put tinfoil on the windows? Are “they” out to get ya?

by Anonymousreply 447April 14, 2018 5:10 PM

And that's why they try to take over the internet as well (trolls, bots, and killing net neutrality).

by Anonymousreply 448April 14, 2018 5:10 PM

[quote]Scared and angry people are easy prey for these snake oil salesmen.

What famous homosexual lawmaker introduced sub-prime mortgages to exploit the financially illiterate for easy profits for his friends in the finance industry?

by Anonymousreply 449April 14, 2018 5:11 PM

From the looks of it... Monday should be really interesting.

by Anonymousreply 450April 14, 2018 5:13 PM

"Misson Accomplished"... When have we heard that before? LOL

by Anonymousreply 451April 14, 2018 5:15 PM

Subprime in itself isn’t a horrible idea. But only slightly sub, as within one or two points of prime. It would have been the expected cost of a riskier loan.

However it was the variability of the rates in the recession that really sent it overboard. If they had all been fixed it never would have gotten so bad.

By that point, the recession began to feed itself so it was over.

by Anonymousreply 452April 14, 2018 5:17 PM

[quote]Subprime in itself isn’t a horrible idea. But only slightly sub, as within one or two points of prime. It would have been the expected cost of a riskier loan.

They were giving out mortgages where for the five-years you only paid interest. Then they jacked up the rates and threw out the buyers. This is exactly the sort of scam the government would protect us from if it wasn't being run of, by, and for the finance industry. Today's Democrats are the defenders of payday lenders and other unscrupulous forms of usury. Why vote for a party that sells you down the river for a quick buck?

by Anonymousreply 453April 14, 2018 5:20 PM

Twenty five years ago I worked with a woman who was dating (and later married) a guy who owned a few payday lender businesses with his father. He was exactly what you would think somehone like that would be like. This woman wanted to be married and have babies — that’s all she ever thought about. She gave up a rent controlled apartment to move in with him because they were engaged. He broke it off, kicked her out of his apartment and she had to go out and find a market-rate apartment. Duh. She cried and threatened suicide, she begged him to take her back. They started dating again and she had been seeing a fertility specialist.(without telling her seedy beau). She finally got pregnant.

He married her, they moved upstate into a gigantic house away from her family and friends. I lost track of her, but I was amazed at her example of how stupid people are. I’m sure it did not work out well.

by Anonymousreply 454April 14, 2018 5:34 PM

Let's go to Comey's own wording, shall we, r401?

“It is entirely possible,” Comey writes, “that because I was making decisions in an environment where Hillary Clinton was sure to be the next president, my concern about making her an illegitimate president by concealing the restarted investigation bore greater weight than it would have if the election appeared closer or if Donald Trump were ahead in all polls."

"My concern about making ..." would be grammatically "My concern about MY making her an illegitimate president...." You may infer what you want about his meaning, but Comey himself does not qualify his statement with any words such as you suggest.

by Anonymousreply 455April 14, 2018 6:21 PM

Preparing to restock the Department of Justice at the start of the Trump administration, Jeff Sessions sought out Elliott Broidy for recommendations. The Republican donor’s conviction in a political corruption case years earlier didn’t seem to be a problem.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 456April 14, 2018 6:30 PM

Two senior Trump administration officials were once registered as lobbyists for an investment company controlled by a Soviet-born industrialist who made billions doing business with newly sanctioned Russian oligarchs.

Makan Delrahim is now the assistant attorney general for the Antitrust Division in the Department of Justice, after rising from his original appointment as deputy White House counsel and deputy assistant to the president. David Bernhardt is the No. 2 official in Trump’s Department of the Interior.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 457April 14, 2018 6:33 PM

r431 for the block

by Anonymousreply 458April 14, 2018 7:09 PM

And so many posts disappeared on troll patrol.

by Anonymousreply 459April 14, 2018 7:23 PM

I love how once R428 called the troll out the troll went from trying to subtly troll to going full fledged typical nutso trolling. I's hysterical (pun intended).

by Anonymousreply 460April 14, 2018 8:07 PM

Even funnier since the block feature allows most of us to make him invisible. I don't see anyone responding to his ridiculous shit anymore.

by Anonymousreply 461April 14, 2018 8:16 PM

DataLounge block=drop a house on them

by Anonymousreply 462April 14, 2018 8:24 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 463April 14, 2018 9:06 PM

In case you are interested in a deeper look at Trump supporting media American Media Inc. British Goss site Popbitch lifts its paywall, for this weekend only, for a particular report series (four parts) about people connected to Trump (like Roy Cohn).

Too much to copy (TLTR *LOL*), but still very interesting imho.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 464April 14, 2018 11:58 PM

Seth Abramson:

CONFIRMED: Trump is deliberately commingling the Syria question with the Russia probe. He asked his attorneys in the Russia investigation what they thought about a military response in Syria. So all the "wag the dog" concerns appear to have been fully justified.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 465April 15, 2018 1:07 AM

Is that why he called Michael Cohen ?

by Anonymousreply 466April 15, 2018 1:17 AM

[ruote]Republican chairwoman Ronna McDaniel

AKA Ronna Romney McDaniel.

She is architect of the coordinated propaganda campaign against Comey but is NOT allowed by orange to use her maiden name.

Her grandfather would be utterly disgusted.

by Anonymousreply 467April 15, 2018 1:29 AM

[quote]kakistocracy

cacastocracy works too

by Anonymousreply 468April 15, 2018 1:32 AM

R467 It's his niece.

by Anonymousreply 469April 15, 2018 1:48 AM

[quote]AKA Ronna Romney McDaniel.

I heard her on CNN Friday night.

She was a disgrace. Hyper partisan. Beyond redemption. She should hang her head in shame. It was appalling even by the behaviours of these carpetbaggers. She made that bucket of fried chicken behind the podium in the press room sound honest and trustworthy.

by Anonymousreply 470April 15, 2018 2:07 AM

That article was fascinating, R464. Thanks for the link!

by Anonymousreply 471April 15, 2018 2:27 AM

r469, we know, dear.

by Anonymousreply 472April 15, 2018 2:29 AM

R469, her grandfather was George Romney, a prominent moderate Republican who was the governor of Michigan (1963-1969) and a 1968 candidate for the Republican presidential nomination. And as R467 said, he would be utterly disgusted the current state of the GOP.

by Anonymousreply 473April 15, 2018 2:36 AM

Even his own are turning against him....lol Alex jones......"Im not gonna sell out my morals for fucking Donald Trump".......lol

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 474April 15, 2018 2:39 AM

damn, r464, didn't think I'd much care but that was truly fascinating.

by Anonymousreply 475April 15, 2018 2:45 AM

Oh so that explains the sad z-list troll from earlier.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 476April 15, 2018 2:51 AM

excellent read, r464! thanks for sharing it.

by Anonymousreply 477April 15, 2018 6:26 AM

There are a lot of prominent conservative people from Michigan, and Ronna Romney is one of them. The De Vos/ Amway crowd, the Romneys and other wealthy backers who came out of the anti Labor, Religious Conservatism back in the Reagan era is a modern iteration of the kind of bastards who were around in the post-WW2 years.

by Anonymousreply 478April 15, 2018 10:40 AM

The RNC is suppose to represent the entire Republican party and display a respectable degree of professionalism. It has turned to trash. Creating a website to call another Republican, the former FBI Director, a liar and other offensive names, is quite disgusting. Comey is a controversial figure, but this organization should stay out of a Justice Department/special investigation, and not engage in character assassinations.

Ronna Romney McDaniel is not a display of political decency. The GOP Congress, and the few in the rank and and file that show some moral dignity, need to be demanding McDaniel's removal.

Where is Mitch disavowing any connection to her?

by Anonymousreply 479April 15, 2018 2:52 PM

R441, At the risk of adding to the digression: Surely you aren't so naive as to think a person cannot possibly be a pedophile simply because he or she is famous and/or is politically simpatico with you?

by Anonymousreply 480April 15, 2018 4:04 PM

Go away, R480. I am sure you are the type to go to articles and fill them with WHAT ABOUT______? You are not here sincerely.

by Anonymousreply 481April 15, 2018 4:12 PM

No one thinks that, R480. Just in this case it's known to be entirely untrue, so no one takes it seriously.

No one with a brain.

by Anonymousreply 482April 15, 2018 4:14 PM

I'm savvy enough to know that people will spread lies about political figures with whom they disagree.

But I'm not r441.

Can't wait to hear about how the Cohen warrants are elaborate steps on the path to orange's secret campaign to prosecute the Obamas for child prostitution and subservience to Putin.

Honestly, I think you are a fookin' fool beyond humanity and redemption.

by Anonymousreply 483April 15, 2018 4:16 PM

Putie's trolls are flooding onto social media three fold. Note, the Republican party is being complicit. For party greed, they have sold-out democracy and have become subservient to a hostile foreign power.

by Anonymousreply 484April 15, 2018 5:05 PM

Russian trolling is up 2,000% in the last couple of days according to the Pentagon. I believe it.

by Anonymousreply 485April 15, 2018 5:07 PM

It's funny how both Nimrata "South Carolina Necklace" Haley and Pentagon spokespeople know within hours what the measure of Russian bot activity is.

How do they know it isn't Chris Christie in a basement in his underwear?

by Anonymousreply 486April 15, 2018 5:12 PM

I had 8 of the obvious trolls and the "I voted for Obama BUT..." Trolls blocked four hours ago but now they have ALL cleared their cookies.

Scary times!

by Anonymousreply 487April 15, 2018 5:13 PM

I don't know anything but about Michael Cohen and Prague, but look over there; child molesters!!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 488April 15, 2018 5:38 PM

The Rolling Stone article on Cohen is amazing. He’s just a Russian mob enforcer. His father was a crook, too. Go to the worst law school in the nation and start buying up condos in various Trump properties. Sure, that’s normal.

by Anonymousreply 489April 15, 2018 5:49 PM

Kyle Griffin ‏ Verified account

@kylegriffin1 Follow Follow @kylegriffin1 More Per pool, Trump has arrived at Trump National Golf Club in Sterling, VA.

This is Trump's 143rd day at a Trump property as president and his 106th day at a Trump golf club as president.

9:50 AM - 15 Apr 2018

by Anonymousreply 490April 15, 2018 6:15 PM

Praises Trump. Commends Military. Wants more extensive and sustained military action in Syria. Views Russia and Iran as the winners.

Lindsey is contradictory but predictable.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 491April 15, 2018 7:45 PM

So the deplorables are now okay with wasting millions in bombing another country? Even old Trump tweets contradict his current action. What a bunch of morons.

by Anonymousreply 492April 15, 2018 9:51 PM

If Trump resigns or otherwise leaves office, and lets say he is pardoned.

He can still be put through the state ringer?

by Anonymousreply 493April 15, 2018 9:52 PM

yes.

by Anonymousreply 494April 15, 2018 9:56 PM

Comey interview on ABC tonight at 10 pm., starting the book media blitz.

by Anonymousreply 495April 15, 2018 10:22 PM

I cannot believe the republicans are attacking a Republican ex-head of the FBI. Party of loyalty and law and order, my white ass. Pour the tea, Jimmy, Pour it out!

by Anonymousreply 496April 15, 2018 10:39 PM

The problem with these media blitzes is that everything good comes out in the first interview. Didn’t he already give one to GMA? This’ll just be more of the same, right? Or might he be saving something juicy up for prime time?

by Anonymousreply 497April 15, 2018 10:47 PM

In addition, I believe, Trump, or others, can be pardoned by Governors for their State offensives. Not likely in NY, I imagine, at the moment, but just ask Scooter how things change!

by Anonymousreply 498April 15, 2018 11:12 PM

Listen. In order to be aprdoned, you have to first be convicted. In order to be convcted you either plead guilty, or you go to trial and the Prosecution has to lay out its case and produce evidence. Now if the Prosecution has enough evidence to charge Donald Trump with a crime or crimes, and can show cause, and produce evidence, I dare any governor who dreams of having a future to consider pardoning him after the full extend of his filthy disgusting crimes are laid out and publicized for the American people. He ought to be buriedin a dungeon in the ninth level of Hell.

by Anonymousreply 499April 15, 2018 11:19 PM

Cheer up, Debbie/R498! Under the New York Constitution, the governor's ability to pardon is more restricted than a U.S. President's. The New York State governor also cannot pardon treason . . .

by Anonymousreply 500April 15, 2018 11:21 PM

Say Trump makes it through to 2020 and then says he's not running for re-election. There is nothing stopping the government from trying him and his entire family for treason at that or any future point.

by Anonymousreply 501April 15, 2018 11:23 PM

R499, but Ford gave Nixon a blanket, pre-emptive pardon.

by Anonymousreply 502April 15, 2018 11:24 PM

r501....dont worry, when the next administration enters office and uncover the massive theft, Trump and his entire cabinet will be charged with crimes.

by Anonymousreply 503April 15, 2018 11:25 PM

R502, I believe R499 is talking about pardons under State law, and he is correct: under the New York State constitution, before you can be pardoned, you must first be convicted of a crime.

by Anonymousreply 504April 15, 2018 11:28 PM

r502....what part of Nixon did not commit TREASON do you not understand....we are in completely different territory here....this is not theft in office or incompetence....this is crimes against the United States. It even specifies in the constitution that Treason is punishable by death.

by Anonymousreply 505April 15, 2018 11:29 PM

Timing is everything. The reason Ford gave Nixon a blanket, pre emptive pardon is because Nixon resigned before he could be impeached and the prosecuted for his crimes. But Trump will not leave early. He will hang on so he can try to pardon his people. And now that they're both gone I believe there was some discussion about Ford doing that and whether it really was legally binding. No one wanted to challenge it. We had had enough Watergate. Ford wanted to move forward. I doubt the same circumstances will maintain for Trump. And Who in their right mind would want a President Ponce to be able to "move forward." the longer we spend on Trump the less the GOP can get done. And that's a good thing. One of the conditions for not prosecuting Ponce ought to be that he fires all of Trump's cabinet.

by Anonymousreply 506April 15, 2018 11:29 PM

Comey is going to be on Rachel Maddow this Thursday. That should be interesting.

by Anonymousreply 507April 16, 2018 12:08 AM

Apparently, Cohen didn't do any actual lawyer stuff for Trump. Which begs the question, what did he do?

by Anonymousreply 508April 16, 2018 12:10 AM

Michael Cohen, President Donald Trump’s personal attorney, used the same Delaware limited-liability company in two secret deals relating to alleged sexual encounters involving his clients, according to people familiar with the matter.

Venture capitalist Elliott Broidy paid an initial installment of $62,500 to the company, Essential Consultants LLC, as part of Mr. Cohen’s $250,000 total fee for negotiating a nondisclosure agreement related to Mr. Broidy’s affair with a former Playboy model who alleged he had impregnated her, a person familiar with the matter said.

Federal prosecutors are examining money flowing in and out of Essential Consultants as part of a broad investigation into Mr. Cohen’s activities to silence women with allegations against Mr. Trump or those in his orbit, according to people familiar with the matter.

The Wall Street Journal first reported the $1.6 million agreement between Mr. Broidy—the Republican National Committee’s deputy finance chairman with ties to Mr. Trump—and the

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 509April 16, 2018 12:13 AM

Separately, Mr. Cohen succeeded around 2013 in killing a story Us Weekly was preparing about an alleged affair between Donald Trump Jr., who had been a judge a year earlier on the television show, “Celebrity Apprentice,” and one of the contestants, Aubrey O’Day, a member of the singing duo Dumblonde, according to people familiar with the matter.

by Anonymousreply 510April 16, 2018 12:15 AM

Cohen is going to crash and burn and he will need to determine at what point he sings (and he has many interesting verses) about Trump and Co.

by Anonymousreply 511April 16, 2018 12:16 AM

Cohen is essentially the greaser and the cleaner for Mobster Trump.

by Anonymousreply 512April 16, 2018 12:21 AM

What's to stop other world powers deciding to take out the U.S.? At this point, China owns the U.S. (Property and debt payments) and Russia controls our government. I hope Mueller finishes his report and puts all the findings and evidence on line. Cohen is just a paper cut on the cancer that is Donald Duck and the Reublican Party.

by Anonymousreply 513April 16, 2018 12:22 AM

He will either be a 1 term president or not finish his first term.

by Anonymousreply 514April 16, 2018 12:26 AM

[quote]Apparently, Cohen didn't do any actual lawyer stuff for Trump. Which begs the question, what did he do?

Mob stuff. Like Pussy.

by Anonymousreply 515April 16, 2018 12:30 AM

R514 Yeah... Now that he's pissed off Russia with all this bombing and sanctions... who's going to do propaganda/hacking work for him for the re-election? Putin will call off the trolls or even turn them against Trump.

by Anonymousreply 516April 16, 2018 12:32 AM

I haven't read through this thread, so am I the only who laughs every time this thread pops up because of that picture of Cohen?

by Anonymousreply 517April 16, 2018 12:37 AM

Jesus. Why were so many women willing to sleep with Trump? Blech.

by Anonymousreply 518April 16, 2018 12:48 AM

Yes, every single time so far r517. And I've posted it at least 4 times before this thread was started.

It reminds me of that hissing shot on the front page of the newspaper of Susan Hayward, holding a toy tiger, in I Want To Live.

by Anonymousreply 519April 16, 2018 12:49 AM

R513, China couldn't crash our economy without crashing their own, and other than nukes, Russia isn't a military threat.

by Anonymousreply 520April 16, 2018 12:50 AM

Blowing up our deficit is a threat to national security and you don't have to be an economist to understand that.

by Anonymousreply 521April 16, 2018 12:55 AM

r516....he didnt piss off Putin....he called Putin ahead of time and worked out the story.....hes still sucking Putins cock....and the troll army infiltration has increased 2000% since last week.

by Anonymousreply 522April 16, 2018 12:59 AM

Looks as if Bone Spurs had a saving face deal in advance with Putie per Syria.

by Anonymousreply 523April 16, 2018 1:14 AM

Can someone who'll be watching Comey's interview give the rest of us a play by play?

by Anonymousreply 524April 16, 2018 1:51 AM

Kyle Griffin @kylegriffin1

Trump erupted when it was announced that France and Germany were each expelling only 4 Russian officials while the U.S. was expelling 60; he was furious that his admin was being portrayed as taking by far the toughest stance on Russia, WaPo reports.

by Anonymousreply 525April 16, 2018 1:52 AM

Comey interview read

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 526April 16, 2018 1:55 AM

r524, why can't you watch it yourself?

by Anonymousreply 527April 16, 2018 1:55 AM

BREAKING: President Trump Files in Court to Intervene in Michael Cohen FBI Raid Case

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 528April 16, 2018 1:55 AM

R527 timezones.

by Anonymousreply 529April 16, 2018 1:56 AM

r528, LOL what is Trump so desperate to keep hidden from view?

by Anonymousreply 530April 16, 2018 1:59 AM

Here’s the NYTimes on the Comey interview:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 531April 16, 2018 2:00 AM

If the Judge sides with Trump, watch Mueller either 1.state in court that Trump and Cohen are indeed co-conspirators in another case (Russia), or 2. unseal some indictments which would include Cohen and Trump.

by Anonymousreply 532April 16, 2018 2:14 AM

You can tell a lot about a man by how he treats his wife.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 533April 16, 2018 2:34 AM

Has Cheeto tweeted anything?

by Anonymousreply 534April 16, 2018 2:48 AM

What is the likelihood that the judge would agree with Trump's request?

by Anonymousreply 535April 16, 2018 3:45 AM

My guess is that it wouldn't be likely. I assume with how much they had to go through to get the warrant... it's air tight.

by Anonymousreply 536April 16, 2018 3:48 AM

The question is what are they afraid is going to be uncovered?

by Anonymousreply 537April 16, 2018 3:48 AM

Good Article: Robert Mueller's Brilliant Strategy for Outmaneuvering Trump

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 538April 16, 2018 5:53 AM

The Trump filing is about attorney client privilege. But Cohen's bribery, coercion and deal making and money laundering are not protected. Cohen is a bullshit lawyer who had Trump convinced nothing they did would ever come out because of "attorney client privilege." This is almost amusing. It's like Manafort attempting to get his case thrown out because Mueller "exceeded his authority and overreached.." That got thrown out of court too.

by Anonymousreply 539April 16, 2018 6:39 AM

I like this title recommendation from another poster:

Weather Update: Stormy with a chance of Treason

by Anonymousreply 540April 16, 2018 8:12 AM

It is true, right wingers have no credibility now that we see how awful they have behaved, the constant lies, people like Nunes running around like idiots rather than actually investigating and then, Paul Ryan sitting on his thumbs, day after day, it has been appalling.

by Anonymousreply 541April 16, 2018 8:24 AM

I like this one:

The Treasons are coming! The Treasons are coming!

by Anonymousreply 542April 16, 2018 8:45 AM

pee pee reasons for treasons

by Anonymousreply 543April 16, 2018 11:14 AM

Given all the focus on Mr. Cohen:

I may not be a fancy Treason, but ...

by Anonymousreply 544April 16, 2018 11:27 AM

From Mar-A-Lago With Treason

by Anonymousreply 545April 16, 2018 11:36 AM

R525, which is weird since we didn't actually reduce the number of diplomats the Russians have, which made the expulsions pointless, just like Trump's bogus and expensive Syrian attack.

by Anonymousreply 546April 16, 2018 11:37 AM

[quote]The question is what are they afraid is going to be uncovered?

Oh, I'm sure Trump is just filing on principle. He's a very principled man, you know.

by Anonymousreply 547April 16, 2018 11:55 AM

r540, I like it, but drop the "Weather Update" part.

by Anonymousreply 548April 16, 2018 1:36 PM

Pee Pee is to be excreted in toliets, urinals, in a doctor's office container for testing, or in the woods if you gotta go. No proper, cultured lady sees such fluids for sexual gratification and wicked entertainment.

by Anonymousreply 549April 16, 2018 1:55 PM

I keep forgetting my suggestion for thread title:

Sooner or Traitor, Truth Is Gonna Getcha!t

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 550April 16, 2018 2:12 PM

R550 I think that was already suggested (using Madonna's Sooner or Later)

by Anonymousreply 551April 16, 2018 2:20 PM

Is the Madonna song upbeat and catchy, spring-like, something with beat that you can dance to, with the hopeful promise of inescapable justice?

by Anonymousreply 552April 16, 2018 2:35 PM

It's better. It's something seductive that a porn star can use while pissing on a bed.

by Anonymousreply 553April 16, 2018 2:40 PM

I'll Plant My Own Treason

by Anonymousreply 554April 16, 2018 2:52 PM

Lost in Treason

by Anonymousreply 555April 16, 2018 2:57 PM

@margbrennan

WH walks back @nikkihaley’s statement on @FaceTheNation that @USTreasury would roll out Russia sanctions today. @PressSec: “We are considering additional sanctions on Russia and a decision will be made in the near future.”

by Anonymousreply 556April 16, 2018 3:03 PM

Nikki Haley is serving up Susan Kohner realness.

by Anonymousreply 557April 16, 2018 3:07 PM

Treasonaires Disease.

by Anonymousreply 558April 16, 2018 3:14 PM

I'm a fan of the title in R558.

by Anonymousreply 559April 16, 2018 3:26 PM

I like R554. Are you the poster who mentioned I Want To Live? (love Susan, and I thought the same)

by Anonymousreply 560April 16, 2018 3:32 PM

What was the saying that one of you kept using in these threads... something about someone not knowing if they were shitting?

by Anonymousreply 561April 16, 2018 3:52 PM

Are you referring to a comment about Trump not knowing whether to shit or go blind?

by Anonymousreply 562April 16, 2018 4:20 PM

Yes r560, if what you mean is comparing the Cohen hiss to the Susan Hayward hiss in I Want To Live.

But I think I prefer r558's suggestion.

by Anonymousreply 563April 16, 2018 4:28 PM

There's going to be a fight if Pence succeeds to the Presidency. Nikki Haley wants to be VP very much and the Religious Right will back her over Ryan. Of course Pence may feel like he doesn't want to be that close to a woman.

by Anonymousreply 564April 16, 2018 4:39 PM

Mother will have none of that nonsense.

She will push for a real man's man like Sen. Graham to be Mike's Veep.

by Anonymousreply 565April 16, 2018 4:49 PM

Yes, R562 that was it. Thanks!

by Anonymousreply 566April 16, 2018 4:50 PM

In case anyone is interested:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 567April 16, 2018 4:55 PM

Bloomberg:

[quote]Michael Cohen wasn’t the most in-the-know lawyer or adviser to Trump and his kids at the Trump Organization. Here’s the guy who actually was, and it’s not clear that Mueller has even gotten to that lawyer yet. This investigation could go on a long time.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 568April 16, 2018 5:05 PM

[quote]I haven't read through this thread, so am I the only who laughs every time this thread pops up because of that picture of Cohen?

He looks like such a squealing little pig in the OP. Let's hope he's squealing to Mueller.

by Anonymousreply 569April 16, 2018 5:06 PM

Another day in Putin's Russia

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 570April 16, 2018 5:06 PM

Didn't we see Maksim Borodin on MSNBC not so long ago ?

by Anonymousreply 571April 16, 2018 5:11 PM

For everything there is a treason

by Anonymousreply 572April 16, 2018 5:19 PM

Riffing on R558's nice variant on 'Legion':

Their Sins Are Treason

Join The Foreign Treason

by Anonymousreply 573April 16, 2018 5:21 PM

The Age of Treason

by Anonymousreply 574April 16, 2018 5:25 PM

"[bold]From Russia with Treason[/bold]"

by Anonymousreply 575April 16, 2018 5:37 PM

I'll suggest this one again: Beyond a Treasonable Doubt. (my second favorite is Treasonairre's Disease. I also suggested it a few threads ago).

by Anonymousreply 576April 16, 2018 5:43 PM

The tittle hast to be current to what is taking place right now, that's why "A Stormy Treason" was so good a few threads ago because the Stormy Daniels case was taking off.

Since the attention is turning to Cohen and the methods they used to silence people, it should not be hard to come out with one.

by Anonymousreply 577April 16, 2018 5:46 PM

Stormy Daniels just showed up at the courtroom!

by Anonymousreply 578April 16, 2018 5:56 PM

You know, when Stormy hit the scene I watched one of her movies and wasn't impressed, but after getting to know her I bet she throws an incredible fuck.

by Anonymousreply 579April 16, 2018 6:00 PM

[quote]Of course Pence may feel like he doesn't want to be that close to a woman.

It would put an awful crimp in Mother's schedule of...whatever she does, if she has to attend all the meetings where Pence and Haley could tempt one another.

by Anonymousreply 580April 16, 2018 6:00 PM

“Stormy Daniels just showed up at the courtroom!”

Yes, and dressed.... Pretty in Pink!

by Anonymousreply 581April 16, 2018 6:03 PM

[quote]You know, when Stormy hit the scene I watched one of her movies and wasn't impressed, but after getting to know her I bet she throws an incredible fuck.

Gotta tell ya, she was so worth that 130K!

by Anonymousreply 582April 16, 2018 6:08 PM

So the Russian reporter that got killed was investigating the Nastya Rybka case ? Interesting.

[quote]BREAKING: An agent of the Kremlin, or else someone seeking to curry favor with the Kremlin, appears to have murdered a journalist investigating "allegations made by a Belarusian escort known as Nastya Rybka" about a Manafort-Deripaska-Putin backchannel.

by Anonymousreply 583April 16, 2018 6:09 PM

From Tea Pain:

"Today, in 1862, the Party of Lincoln freed the slaves. Sadly, the Party of Trump has spent the past three years tryin' to lock 'em back up."

by Anonymousreply 584April 16, 2018 6:11 PM

Dangerous Treasons is the apt title for the next thread.....because over the next week of 2 there is going to be quite a few bombshells.

by Anonymousreply 585April 16, 2018 6:18 PM

Who's the third shoe to drop?

Kyle Griffin: Michael Cohen says he gave legal advice to three clients in the past year: Trump, Elliott Broidy (former deputy finance chairman of the RNC), and a third client who Cohen declined to identify in a filing in Manhattan federal court.

by Anonymousreply 586April 16, 2018 6:20 PM

[quote]Stormy Daniels just showed up at the courtroom!

Is that hottie Avenatti with her?

by Anonymousreply 587April 16, 2018 6:22 PM

[quote]because over the next week of 2 there is going to be quite a few bombshells.

you don't say much

[quote]Nastya Rybka was first charged with a status offense whose worst punishment was deportation. Then, per CNN (April 5), a mystery person came forward with allegations of prostitution, and now—mirabile dictu!—Putin's "problem" is facing 2 to 6 years.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 588April 16, 2018 6:23 PM

STORMY DANIELS - TRUMP HAS NO REASON TO DELAY LAWSUIT

Stormy Daniels has just filed legal docs responding to Donald Trump's request to put her lawsuit on ice.

Daniels' lawyer, Michael Avenatti, says the case should go full steam ahead for 3 reasons.

-- He says neither Trump nor Michael Cohen have submitted declarations explaining why going to trial would be unfair to them.

-- Avenatti says Cohen, who has suggested his 5th Amendment rights might be compromised, has made a number of statements since the FBI raid, so he can't be afraid of speaking out.

-- He says Trump is going after Stormy for $20 million, and it's unfair to make her live in limbo under those circumstances.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 589April 16, 2018 6:34 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 590April 16, 2018 6:35 PM

r586 I guess one of the Trump kids. They're all tangled up in his business dealings as well.

by Anonymousreply 591April 16, 2018 6:39 PM

Wasn't there something about Drumpf, Jr. and Aubrey O'Day?

by Anonymousreply 592April 16, 2018 6:40 PM

Link to new thread for when this fills up.

Please note: Dangerous Trea'sons has been noted and on the list for an upcoming thread (when appropriate).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 593April 16, 2018 6:44 PM

OH MY FUCKING GODDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

Judge ruled 3rd client name must be revealed and it's SEAN. HANNITY.

by Anonymousreply 594April 16, 2018 6:52 PM

R594 do you have a link?

by Anonymousreply 595April 16, 2018 6:53 PM

If that's true R594, that just made our new thread irrelevant.

our new thread should have HOnnity on it.

by Anonymousreply 596April 16, 2018 6:55 PM

reporter in court live-tweeting

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 597April 16, 2018 6:55 PM

Ohhh, my sides!!! I'm laughing uncontrollably as I type!!!!!!!!!!! And we know Cohen cleans up shit messes. I wonder. WTF is Hannity into?

by Anonymousreply 598April 16, 2018 6:57 PM

OMG!!!

erica ordenVerified account @eorden

Michael Cohen's previously unnamed third client is SEAN HANNITY.

by Anonymousreply 599April 16, 2018 6:57 PM

Link

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 600April 16, 2018 6:57 PM

Oh please oh please! Let Sean Hannity be exposed. I wonder what dirty tricks Cohen did for Hannity.

MSNBC just confirmed it !!!!!!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 601April 16, 2018 6:58 PM

Link to new thread:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 602April 16, 2018 6:59 PM

[quote] Listen. In order to be aprdoned, you have to first be convicted.

FFS, this has been known to be wrong for DECADES.

You do not need to be convicted of a crime in order to be pardoned. Gerald Ford pardoned Richard Nixon, who was never convicted of a crime.

by Anonymousreply 603April 16, 2018 7:01 PM

R603 they were speaking about at the state level.

by Anonymousreply 604April 16, 2018 7:04 PM

Link to new thread:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 605April 16, 2018 7:23 PM

Can't See the Forest for the Treasons

by Anonymousreply 606April 17, 2018 12:13 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!