Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Pedal to the metal???

Lesbian couple and their six kids drive off a cliff in Northern California

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 600April 3, 2018 2:14 AM

DRAMA

by Anonymousreply 1March 29, 2018 2:17 AM

Susan and Geena were both nominated for this but that lesbian girl who played the FBI agent won so it all sort of makes sense.

by Anonymousreply 2March 29, 2018 2:17 AM

Sounds like the DeKalbs were the drama queens, and likely bigots besides.

by Anonymousreply 3March 29, 2018 2:18 AM

Make jokes bitches,but that boy dying breaks my heart. That picture broke my heart.

by Anonymousreply 4March 29, 2018 2:22 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5March 29, 2018 2:24 AM

Face it - in these PC Blue states if they had been straight, these kids would have taken away long ago. Something doesn’t seem right here, especially with the kids showing up at the neighbors. it was either the 19 YO or one of the lezzies who suddenly snapped...low brow Rosie drama minus the cash.

by Anonymousreply 6March 29, 2018 2:39 AM

DYKE DRAMA-tically killed.

by Anonymousreply 7March 29, 2018 2:40 AM

This is why we came out with Lane Departure Assistance in 2018 models

by Anonymousreply 8March 29, 2018 2:43 AM

Not true R6. Just the opposite. There is a huge bias in the law for maintaining parenting rights.

by Anonymousreply 9March 29, 2018 3:50 AM

It just seems odd...I'm inclined to think it was intentional. Poor, poor kids though, damn.

by Anonymousreply 10March 29, 2018 4:16 AM

No wonder he was crying so hard in that pic. Starved and abused by his crazy mommies.

by Anonymousreply 11March 29, 2018 5:25 AM

Dark lesbians

by Anonymousreply 12March 29, 2018 5:44 AM

Jesus took the wheel.

by Anonymousreply 13March 29, 2018 6:00 AM

I'm wary of adoptive parents who can't stop at a couple kids. They may collect (and neglect) them the way others collect large numbers of animals, in an effort to fill some internal emptiness, fix their shame issues, or serve their narcissism.

by Anonymousreply 14March 29, 2018 7:22 AM

I am a complete cunt who is seldom moved by anyone's tragedy. But I am sobbing thinking about those kids, especially little Devonte who was so afraid of being shot by a police when he was a grown up.

by Anonymousreply 15March 29, 2018 9:08 AM

I wonder if the bodies of the three missing children have been swept away by the ocean current. Enough of their bodies to be identifiable may turn up somewhere on the coast.

I wonder what kind of SUV it was that seated so many people. Must have been a Suburban. Odd that one of the articles mention the make and model.

The whole thing is weird. Were they arguing and got distracted? Seems strange that they'd all pile in the family truckster and take a trip when CPS had been trying to get in touch with them.

by Anonymousreply 16March 29, 2018 10:21 AM

Odd that NONE of the articles mentions the make and model of SUV, I meant to say. Usually that's one of the first things the news reports say.

by Anonymousreply 17March 29, 2018 10:23 AM

In addition to their many children, the couple also recently adopted a cat.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18March 29, 2018 10:37 AM

It's sad but I'm always suspicious of people who seemingly have the perfect life, especially if they like to make it known to the general public how wonderful their family is. I've seen far too many families who were thought to be so nice, so kind, but once you get close enough to at least one of the family members, and got inside the home for a long enough period you'd start seeing through all the lies

by Anonymousreply 19March 29, 2018 10:50 AM

The only thing that surprises me is that it was an SUV and not a U-Haul.

by Anonymousreply 20March 29, 2018 11:09 AM

R18 Fortunately it appears that they left the cat at home.

by Anonymousreply 21March 29, 2018 12:20 PM

I wonder if the canes will wash ashore before the bodies.

by Anonymousreply 22March 29, 2018 1:01 PM

I’d hate to be the responders who had to clean that up. Pulling the mangled bodies of six children from a wreckage? You know that memory will haunt them for the rest of their lives. I don’t know how they do it.

Rest In Peace.

by Anonymousreply 23March 29, 2018 1:07 PM

Hopefully they went quickly and didn’t know what hit them.

by Anonymousreply 24March 29, 2018 1:13 PM

[quote]I'm wary of adoptive parents who can't stop at a couple kids.

Betcha can't eat just one!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25March 29, 2018 1:23 PM

[quote]Fortunately it appears that they left the cat at home.

And the Chickens. Thank God!

by Anonymousreply 26March 29, 2018 1:25 PM

Well done, R18.

by Anonymousreply 27March 29, 2018 1:56 PM

I read that the highway where they went off the road is treacherously curvy. I wouldn't jump to conclusions yet about them going all Thelma & Louise; distracted driving (by text or because of having 6 kids in the car) could be a cause. Sadly though, reports are that some of the kids weren't wearing seatbelts. I really hope that this wasn't intentional.

by Anonymousreply 28March 29, 2018 2:03 PM

That's a very bad highway near Pacifica. Used to drive it from SF down to Half Moon Bay. But there are plenty of signs warning of that fact. We'll never know what happened though.

by Anonymousreply 29March 29, 2018 2:11 PM

They’re lezzies; of course they were arguing

by Anonymousreply 30March 29, 2018 2:24 PM

With a name like Devonte, maybe it was suicide

by Anonymousreply 31March 29, 2018 2:25 PM

[quote] That's a very bad highway near Pacifica. Used to drive it from SF down to Half Moon Bay. But there are plenty of signs warning of that fact.

Not near Pacifica, it looks like it was up in Mendocino

[quote]A deadly crash on the rugged Mendocino Coast this week now appears likely to have killed a family of eight — two Washington state women and their six children, though only three of the youngsters’ bodies had been recovered by Wednesday night.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32March 29, 2018 2:27 PM

Article in R32 says it was a Yukon they were driving. Eight people in a Yukon is a tight fit.

Six kids aged 12-19, who had behavioral issues, with two parents who were also messed up, I can see how the driver might have lost her shit and driven over the side, if they had all started to argue.

by Anonymousreply 33March 29, 2018 2:42 PM

Three of the kids are still missing.

by Anonymousreply 34March 29, 2018 2:46 PM

“He said the family didn’t eat sugar.”

Child abuse per se.

by Anonymousreply 35March 29, 2018 2:54 PM

WW for R18,

by Anonymousreply 36March 29, 2018 3:03 PM

There’s a huge gravel parking area before the cliff, seems hard to mistakenly drive over it...

by Anonymousreply 37March 29, 2018 3:03 PM

I live not far from that area in it is a treacherous drive, north of Fort Bragg and Mendocino, not Highway One south of Pacifica and San Francisco, (also a treacherous drive), where they finally bypassed Devil's Slide.

Frankly, I hate driving up that way. The curves are scary, no barriers at many pull outs, and fatal accidents almost every year.

All of the children were thrown from the car, whether is was three or six will likely be known soon.

The mothers were trying to do a wonderful thing when they adopted those kids. However, kids from traumatic backgrounds, like they had, often come with challenging problems. Sounds like they were facing a few of those. My heart goes out to the entire family. Poor kids, poor moms. May they rest in peace.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38March 29, 2018 3:06 PM

Those poor kids. Damn.

by Anonymousreply 39March 29, 2018 3:14 PM

I wonder if one of the moms found out they had been reported and decided to take out the whole family. There should have been skid marks somewhere.

by Anonymousreply 40March 29, 2018 3:18 PM

Stop r18, don’t you make me laugh at this.

by Anonymousreply 41March 29, 2018 3:20 PM

Maybe one of the kids was driving. You know several of them were old enough to drive.

by Anonymousreply 42March 29, 2018 4:30 PM

"Face it - in these PC Blue states if they had been straight, these kids would have taken away long ago. "

Yeah, there are never examples of abusive straight parents who didn't have their kids taken away. You seem dumb.

by Anonymousreply 43March 29, 2018 4:34 PM

Can I have a sammich? Fank you.

by Anonymousreply 44March 29, 2018 4:56 PM

Does this story have what it takes to dethrone "There's Something Wrong with Aunt Diane"?

by Anonymousreply 45March 29, 2018 5:02 PM

They pulled into the viewing area to look out over the ocean. Could the driver have thought she was in reverse when they decided to move back onto the road, but she was still in drive?

by Anonymousreply 46March 29, 2018 5:11 PM

Oh dear.... they never had a chance

Their people cannot swim to save their lives....obviously

by Anonymousreply 47March 29, 2018 5:19 PM

R18 My Sides. I loved TOONCES!

by Anonymousreply 48March 29, 2018 5:29 PM

Markis and Hannah were probably licensed drivers and Devonte probably had a learner's permit.

by Anonymousreply 49March 29, 2018 5:29 PM

[quote]Does this story have what it takes to dethrone "There's Something Wrong with Aunt Diane"?

This story has everything: A photogenic crying colored boy, health-obsessed lesbians, concerned flyover neighbors, a cliff, the ocean, missing bodies and human guardrails. You know, those things where they ask the smaller children to get out of the car and hold hands on the edge of a precipice.

by Anonymousreply 50March 29, 2018 5:31 PM

"Listen up, kids! We can't afford to take you all to Six Flags but we have an idea for our own 'thrill ride' here!"

by Anonymousreply 51March 29, 2018 5:32 PM

“There were no skid marks, there were no brake marks”

Reminds me of a distasteful joke about Black people that I won't repeat, because I'm a Lady and I'd like to remain a Lady.

by Anonymousreply 52March 29, 2018 5:37 PM

The neighbors calling social services because the kids were asking for help and food is chilling. At the same time, I worked with at-risk kids for a few years and they frequently acted out by claiming abuse when there was none. It wasn't because they were bad kids, but that when they were young they WERE abused, and so when they were angry and upset they unconsciously connected that to past abuse. That meant if they were upset because they wanted a new car for their 16th birthday but didn't get it, it was "abuse."

The idea that someone posted upthread about how this was PC culture run amok is just ludicrous. I don't know why we even get people like that here on DL.

by Anonymousreply 53March 29, 2018 5:42 PM

If we add this all up it seems more likely than not a murder/suicide. Apparently they had been visited by child protective services and then suddenly went on a road trip with everyone packed in the car. And the location they went over was a 75 foot gravel area that shows no evidence of a desperate attempt to stop. Top it all off with lesbian drama.

I don't know anything about these kids -- maybe they were terrible, maybe they weren't and were telling the truth about the abuse. But it still breaks my heart to think that the little free hugs kid died that way, as seems to be the case.

by Anonymousreply 54March 29, 2018 8:06 PM

Time to ban homeschooling, especially for Californians with large adopted families

by Anonymousreply 55March 29, 2018 8:26 PM

[post redacted because independent.co.uk thinks that links to their ridiculous rag are a bad thing. Somebody might want to tell them how the internet works. Or not. We don't really care. They do suck though. Our advice is that you should not click on the link and whatever you do, don't read their truly terrible articles.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 56March 29, 2018 8:28 PM

Dark lesbians, indeed.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 57March 29, 2018 8:43 PM

Er, R55, they were from Washington, since you're taking notes.

by Anonymousreply 58March 29, 2018 8:48 PM

How the hell these women got to adopt so many kids? My brother wants to adopt one and it has been a nightmare jumping through the hoops plus too expensive. Weird!

by Anonymousreply 59March 29, 2018 9:10 PM

R59, this is just me speculating, but maybe these children were easier to adopt because they had physical limitations or behavioral issues. If any of them were actual biological siblings, they could have been adopted out together.

My guess is that most, if not all, of the children had been adjudicated disabled. If so, they would get Social Security Disability payments as well as be eligible to apply for any social services offered by the states where the family lived. That's a decent amount of money coming in, and there's no real oversight mechanism in place to make sure that the money goes to the kids.

Sad situation all around.

by Anonymousreply 60March 29, 2018 9:18 PM

Ha, as if those homeschooling control freaks would allow the kids to get drivers licenses.

And yes, there is something wrong with people who adopt more than two special needs kids. I don’t give a shit HOW generous and loving and special they are. There’s something wrong in their heads. First of all, it’s hubris. Savior complex AND martyr complex. They get off on the praise and admiration. They are tyrants. They use their kids; there’s a lot of emotional blackmail “I saved you and you owe me.”

The homeschooling is a huge red flag for me. Schools are a (rather imperfect but it’s the best we have) line of defense for abused and neglected kids. For better or for worse, all school staff are mandated reporters.

Sorry. I’m full of rage at these crazy people and full of hurt for those kids.

by Anonymousreply 61March 29, 2018 9:39 PM

R49, if the kids weren’t allowed to go to school or go outside, why do you think they were allowed to drive a car?

by Anonymousreply 62March 29, 2018 9:44 PM

sounds like they were control freaks

by Anonymousreply 63March 29, 2018 9:53 PM

The article says nothing we don't already know, R57, so why did you have to link to the Weekly Reader for Deplorables?

by Anonymousreply 64March 29, 2018 10:05 PM

Some the new reports have been saying that one of the women was charged with "malicious punishment of a child" and plead guilty to domestic assault in 2011 in Minnesota. I was a bit skeptical of the neighbors accusations until I read about her past history. Who knows what really happened, but it sounds like it might not be quite so cut and dry as it first seemed.

by Anonymousreply 65March 29, 2018 10:40 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 66March 29, 2018 10:42 PM

The ghost of aunt Diane.

by Anonymousreply 67March 29, 2018 10:43 PM

R60 gets it.

I wonder what happened to the younger kids. Something tells me they’re dead, too

by Anonymousreply 68March 29, 2018 10:43 PM

They may have starved the children, but they surely ate themselves.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 69March 29, 2018 10:45 PM

Six special needs adopted kids brings in a lot of money every month. T o lose that income would be quite a blow. But Murder/suicide?

by Anonymousreply 70March 29, 2018 10:48 PM

Where are the three older kids? their bodies are missing and not found. Were they even in the truck?

by Anonymousreply 71March 29, 2018 10:56 PM

So they were driving a GMC Sierra truck, not an SUV. Only three kids were with them and they were travelling north, not south, so heading in the direction of home.

by Anonymousreply 72March 29, 2018 11:23 PM

[quote] So they were driving a GMC Sierra truck

I blame assault rifles and the NRA.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 73March 30, 2018 12:37 AM

[quote]I really hope that this wasn't intentional.

Why? It’s better to think it was intentional and that they all wanted to die. It’s too sad to think that it was all just a senseless accident.

by Anonymousreply 74March 30, 2018 1:07 AM

If those kids were disabled then they needed special education. Were the mother’s special ed teachers?

by Anonymousreply 75March 30, 2018 1:09 AM

R64 Don't be such a hall monitor. I for one enjoyed seeing the picture of the couple. They are much prettier than I would have imagined.

by Anonymousreply 76March 30, 2018 3:22 AM

[quote]Hopefully they went quickly and didn’t know what hit them.

They plunged 100 feet down, chances of that are not good.

by Anonymousreply 77March 30, 2018 4:04 AM

#LeftismKills

by Anonymousreply 78March 30, 2018 4:11 AM

Wake me when DL solves this mystery.

by Anonymousreply 79March 30, 2018 4:15 AM

Well, that's an effective way to handle multiple problems in one fell swoop. Not very subtle though.

by Anonymousreply 80March 30, 2018 4:28 AM

are the police looking for the missing siblings? how do they know all of the kids were in the car?

by Anonymousreply 81March 30, 2018 4:45 AM

R81 did you not read any of the articles because your questions are addressed in them. They're searching for the other children still.

by Anonymousreply 82March 30, 2018 5:02 AM

KTVU just had a group photo of them wearing the same Dr. Seuss shirts as the Turpins at R56.

by Anonymousreply 83March 30, 2018 5:26 AM

The radio silence from close friends, family of the two women is strange. Only people on camera I've seen are the couple next door who reported them to DSS.

by Anonymousreply 84March 30, 2018 5:44 AM

You know what they say about babies and puppies...

by Anonymousreply 85March 30, 2018 5:46 AM

r85, they'll always upstage you?

by Anonymousreply 86March 30, 2018 6:02 AM

yes i did R82, the articles state they have every indication all of them were in the car, but that doesn't mean they are positive. Mendocino County Sheriff Tom Allman said there was still a chance the three siblings escaped the grim scene discovered Monday afternoon on a rocky shoreline north of Westport and were staying with friends or other family.

by Anonymousreply 87March 30, 2018 6:02 AM

Those Dark Lesbians look familiar to me, especially the one with the nose. I probably got drunk near them at some point, somewhere.

by Anonymousreply 88March 30, 2018 6:06 AM

Devonte is missing. Maybe the mamas killed and buried him?

by Anonymousreply 89March 30, 2018 6:43 AM

[quote]The radio silence from close friends, family of the two women is strange.

Their pals are defending them on Facebook, saying something must have been wrong with the truck.

by Anonymousreply 90March 30, 2018 6:55 AM

“Buffet!”

by Anonymousreply 91March 30, 2018 9:25 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 92March 30, 2018 10:25 AM

Okay, so now the Daily Mail article is saying the family wasn't in a Yukon, they were in an extended cab Sierra. No way all eight of them could fit in that truck. Where are the other kids? They're old enough to stay home alone, but they must not be there, or they would have been reported as found.

Did the women kill them? Are they being hidden by friends of the two women? Why do I care? And what was on their iPods?

by Anonymousreply 93March 30, 2018 11:16 AM

Yes, Those shirts are a big red flag of disfunction.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 94March 30, 2018 11:17 AM

how can anyone stay sane with that many kids????

why were they allowed to have so many???

by Anonymousreply 95March 30, 2018 11:27 AM

When the k.d. lang versus Tori Amos debate goes too far.

by Anonymousreply 96March 30, 2018 11:28 AM

They could have had the other kids riding in the bed of the truck, but that's unlikely. Such a strange story.

by Anonymousreply 97March 30, 2018 11:29 AM

R90 Link?

by Anonymousreply 98March 30, 2018 11:42 AM

Unqualified lesbians.

by Anonymousreply 99March 30, 2018 11:49 AM

I couldn't handle 6 kids, that's for sure. But if the job overwhelmed me, I wouldn't think the murder/suicide is the answer. Them bitches be crazy. They never should have adopted. It wouldn't have saved their failing relationship.

Choices.

by Anonymousreply 100March 30, 2018 11:50 AM

Was this all even real? All the photos looked perfect to the point of staged. The children were always smiling. They were like Type A parents fashioning a model family. Now it sounds like they had a little cult going on. If this is all true, what a horrible fate for those poor kids. Why didn't the crazy couple just jump together and leave the kids with family?

Then there's this weird picture of their neighbors smirking when talking about the family to the press. I just hope they were laughing over a fond memory and not smirking at the outcome. The strangeness of it all makes me understand why some people question activist figures that get a lot of media coverage as potential intelligence assets. This whole thing feels weird.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 101March 30, 2018 11:54 AM

They were all well cared for, clean, well fed and dressed. If this family was for real are we sure no one sabotaged the vehicle?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 102March 30, 2018 11:57 AM

R55 There does appear to be a mission, no?

by Anonymousreply 103March 30, 2018 12:02 PM

This is all just too weird. Every photo of this family online is like a Hallmark moment. Something doesn't add up.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 104March 30, 2018 12:03 PM

My cousin adopted a young ten year old girl with special needs back in 1990. She was emotionally abused and possibly sexually abused as well. She fostered her for a few months and while the legal hurdles were being cleared, she killed her cat! And when confronted with the evidence, she threatened to burn the house down. Brenda had her removed from the house. She drowned the fucking cat in the utility sink in the laundry room!!! The cat fought back as the psycho girl had scratches on her arms and face. She got upset because “the cat kept running away from her “. Abandonment issues I guess. So awful. But Cousin Brenda is a toxic narcissist-always breast beating about liberal causes. She’d talk a good game and loved to lecture people about shit, but when push came to shove, she alway faltered and came across as a big hypocrite. I only felt sorry for the poor cat.

by Anonymousreply 105March 30, 2018 12:05 PM

Is it just me or do these kids not look like they're crying out for help? Not one is looking down or submissive. I'm not saying this doesn't mean they weren't trained to behave a certain way in public but the whole thing feels off.

With the crazy parents who chained their kids up, at least you only had to look at the Father's haircut to see something was definitely wrong with him.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 106March 30, 2018 12:05 PM

Photos on social media =/= Reality

People can be on the verge of suicide and bankruptcy, but their feeds would be non-stop photos of happiness and wealth.

by Anonymousreply 107March 30, 2018 12:10 PM

The news reports are so poor its difficult to glean anything meaningful from them. But the DM article does show the road and the turn out from an aerial view. Based solely on these photos i suppose its possible the driver accidently drove off the cliff thinking it was the road. That is if the incident ocurred in darkness. But its still difficult to believe 8 people were traveling iin a truck crew cab, but its possible.

by Anonymousreply 108March 30, 2018 12:12 PM

What heartbreaking photos. Such beautiful children. 😢

by Anonymousreply 109March 30, 2018 12:13 PM

There seem to be new comments in The Oregonian from the couple next door.

--He later came back asking for more. Then he asked for peanut butter. Then a case of peanut butter. Non-perishables. The list went on. He was eventually coming over three times per day. Dekalb told him she'd have to call for help. And on last Thursday night, she said, the boy's first words when he came to the door were: "Have you called?"--

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 110March 30, 2018 12:57 PM

Link to Oregonian article.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 111March 30, 2018 1:02 PM

R110 How is that couple now chuckling in interviews with the press? If all of this is true, it's not their fault but they're taking it really well, considering they experienced these children coming to their door, begging for food and promised they'd call for help but it appears they didn't. I'd be in shock mode at that point.

by Anonymousreply 112March 30, 2018 1:12 PM

R111 If this is all real, that's a chilling photograph not an uplifting one.

by Anonymousreply 113March 30, 2018 1:13 PM

Damn, what a couple of fucked up cunts. Those poor kids.

by Anonymousreply 114March 30, 2018 1:19 PM

God, this is so sad if they were abusing those kids :(

They were already “last chance” kids who had no real family and whose only other option would have been foster care (which as we know is so often completely hellish in it’s own right).

Even if they got away from the two women (were taken away by CPS) , the sad fact is that they may never have found another person to adopt them again.

That must have been a terrifying thought for the children: either take all this abuse and hunger or put up with a life in foster care with no predictability, control, and no adopted siblings (like the siblings they have in those photos).

It’s just heartbreaking.

You can tell that all those kids wanted was to be loved and to have a family (and it seems like they were trying *so* hard to “look happy” and to please their parents in every single pic)—and then this happens to them....

by Anonymousreply 115March 30, 2018 1:27 PM

Why don’t you withhold your homophobic scorn until we see whether it’s an accident or not, R114?

by Anonymousreply 116March 30, 2018 1:28 PM

Whether the car wreck was an accident or not, the parents were still mistreating the kids. There was a paper trail of abuse, plus what the neighbors saw. If the parents were innocent, they would have come to the door and talked to CPS about what had been going on, rather than taking off without a word.

by Anonymousreply 117March 30, 2018 1:34 PM

A paper trail which possibly meant nothing, if the kids knew the DeKalbs hated their parents. Not if they felt persecuted and hunted R117.

by Anonymousreply 118March 30, 2018 1:40 PM

Don't forget one of the kids was 19. What was he doing living at home if they were so bad? He would have gotten the hell out of there.

by Anonymousreply 119March 30, 2018 1:41 PM

Where's the Xanax bitch? Where's the Xanax bitch?

by Anonymousreply 120March 30, 2018 1:46 PM

More weirdness coming I predict. Not an accident.

by Anonymousreply 121March 30, 2018 1:50 PM

A lot of abusive parents keep their kids isolated. Making the kids feel like it was their family against the world, that they were being persecuted, was a way to keep control over them.

Probably also some stockholm syndrome going on, too.

by Anonymousreply 122March 30, 2018 1:56 PM

8 people in a cramped car, 6 kids irritable and acting out can create enough chaos in a car to easily drive off the road.

by Anonymousreply 123March 30, 2018 2:00 PM

Perhaps the driver smoked copious amounts of pot.

by Anonymousreply 124March 30, 2018 2:03 PM

It's also not uncommon to single out one kid as an "example" and they get the abuse worse than the others. I saw that in my own extended family. My uncle remarried after my aunt died. His new wife had three kids of her own and he had four, one being a baby. That woman treated the baby girl like shit. locking her in closets, beating her. Sending her to school with signs pinned to her clothes calling her names. It was horrible.

by Anonymousreply 125March 30, 2018 2:13 PM

These women have had these damaged kids for years with little evidence of abuse apart from the episode in Minn almost six years ago. I'll wait for more info before drawing conclusions.

by Anonymousreply 126March 30, 2018 2:19 PM

While I believe them, these revelations make the neighbours look really bad. A girl comes to your door at night with claims of abuse and you don’t act on that? I would have called the cops immediately.

by Anonymousreply 127March 30, 2018 2:27 PM

Yeah, true the cops could have gotten to the truth because sometimes kids just act out snd aren't entirely truthful.

by Anonymousreply 128March 30, 2018 2:29 PM

[quote]Don't forget one of the kids was 19. What was he doing living at home if they were so bad? He would have gotten the hell out of there.

With what money? Rents are astronomical in many areas and most 19 year olds aren't raking in the kind of salaries that allow them to move out yet.

by Anonymousreply 129March 30, 2018 2:34 PM

Child hoarding bipolar lesbians drive minivan off cliff to protest premier of Roseanne, film at 11

by Anonymousreply 130March 30, 2018 2:38 PM

R111 That picture is so heartbreaking now. Poor baby.

by Anonymousreply 131March 30, 2018 3:00 PM

This story made me sad, so I went and watched a couple of episodes of The Fosters and now I'm happy again.

by Anonymousreply 132March 30, 2018 3:15 PM

Are they sure the 3 still missing older kids are in fact with them? Do they assumed they're sitting at the back the truck and were thrown off to the sea? But hopefully they are not with them in the drive home and are safe somewhere?

by Anonymousreply 133March 30, 2018 3:22 PM

What did the family do for money living in a remote area? When I look at the aerial view ... seems like the area is clearly a viewing area and not a road.

by Anonymousreply 134March 30, 2018 3:29 PM

Apparently, they were reported to CPS and refused to answer the door. The next morning the van and the family were gone. Seems pretty clear what happened. Hopefully the three missing ran away. Why drag your kids into your drama?

by Anonymousreply 135March 30, 2018 3:32 PM

My bet is the 3 eldest killed the moms and the 3 youngest and then pushed the car off the cliff to make it look like a murder-suicide. The begging for food in the weeks beforehand was setting the stage for a defense, in the event they got caught. Now, the 3 will split the assets and forge their ways into the world with financial leverage and a sob story for the ages for six figure speaking gigs.

by Anonymousreply 136March 30, 2018 3:33 PM

r134, they were camgirls.

by Anonymousreply 137March 30, 2018 3:34 PM

The direction of the road, howver, carries on right over the cliff If one doesn't turn the wheel to the left to follow the road. This could only happen in the dark I would think. Or there could have benn padamonium in the car and vicious bitch slapping.

by Anonymousreply 138March 30, 2018 3:37 PM

R136, why would they kill the other kids?

by Anonymousreply 139March 30, 2018 3:44 PM

r139, why would the parents kill their kids? Why does anyone do anything?

by Anonymousreply 140March 30, 2018 3:45 PM

Why? Whyyyyyyy?

by Anonymousreply 141March 30, 2018 3:46 PM

R4, breaks my heart, too.

Clearly, that kid in the picture is desperately looking for love, a father figure's love.

by Anonymousreply 142March 30, 2018 3:47 PM

Using these curated kids as props with all those absurd signs should have been a fucking sign.

by Anonymousreply 143March 30, 2018 3:49 PM

Yes, he desperately craved a hot DL Daddy. You can see it in his eyes

by Anonymousreply 144March 30, 2018 3:49 PM

I was just asking if you had a particular reason in mind when you advanced your theory, R136. If the oldest 3 were capable of working together, why wouldn't they have freed the younger 3?

by Anonymousreply 145March 30, 2018 3:52 PM

Will the cops review emails and computer info to uncover motive ?

by Anonymousreply 146March 30, 2018 3:57 PM

Soon video like Aunt Diane in the gas station will surface.

by Anonymousreply 147March 30, 2018 4:02 PM

If they had known CPR they could have survived the crash.

by Anonymousreply 148March 30, 2018 4:07 PM

R134, one mother worked at a nearby mall, at Kohl's.

Co-workers are 'shocked', cannot comment any further.

Seems they had a second car. The Oregonian shows photos of investigators at the house inspecting it, a regular sedan.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 149March 30, 2018 4:07 PM

^I keep zooming in on that kid's clenched fist.

by Anonymousreply 150March 30, 2018 4:19 PM

r150, there are thousands of medical conditions that cause involuntary muscle contractions, particularly of the hands.

by Anonymousreply 151March 30, 2018 4:22 PM

[quote] Clearly, that kid in the picture is desperately looking for love, a father figure's love.

Not so stealth homophobia on your part, asshole at R142.

by Anonymousreply 152March 30, 2018 4:23 PM

I work with special ed kids. Very few of their "thousands of medical conditions" cause them to clench their fists when held by their care providers.

by Anonymousreply 153March 30, 2018 4:24 PM

Gay people, they're just as abusive to their kids as straight people.

by Anonymousreply 154March 30, 2018 4:27 PM

Oh please, one incident 8 years ago im giving them benefit of doubt until proven otherwise

That's a very nice property they lived on

Reporting is bad. They must have been in a n suv. All of them. No way 8 could travel even in a crew cab truck. Plus the dog.

by Anonymousreply 155March 30, 2018 4:39 PM

There is more information here about Devonte's adoption. He was the last child to be adopted. He was quite the little star of the family.

I know zip about adoption except the feline kind, but why would you drag an abused kid like him to rallies to give free hugs?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 156March 30, 2018 4:39 PM

I keep holding out hope that Devonte may be alive. I know that is completely unrealistic, but I don't think I will ever forget his sweet yet sad little face. I'm sure that the other kids were great as well, but there is just something about him holding that sign which rips my heart open.

by Anonymousreply 157March 30, 2018 4:41 PM

Maybe its the tacky vinyl jacket

by Anonymousreply 158March 30, 2018 4:43 PM

R152, no, not "stealth homophobia" on my part.

Just an observation that the fatherless child was looking for a father's love.

What the fuck is your damage?

by Anonymousreply 159March 30, 2018 4:49 PM

Here is a video of Devonte getting a long hug at a 'Beloved Festival' , whatever that is, in 2013 by the performer on stage. He appears at 08:30 or so. WTF?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 160March 30, 2018 5:00 PM

My mother would not buy unhealthy snacks and my brother would go to the neighbors for a sugar fix. A child’s definition of “nothing to eat” is not necessarily an indication of abuse.

by Anonymousreply 161March 30, 2018 5:14 PM

That video at r160 is just bizarre.

by Anonymousreply 162March 30, 2018 5:18 PM

It looks like Devonte was allowed to choose his own haircut with "Loved" shaved into the Mohawk part and hearts on the side, plus bizarre clothes.

by Anonymousreply 163March 30, 2018 5:28 PM

We don’t know that he chose that though.

by Anonymousreply 164March 30, 2018 5:31 PM

His Moms were not hippies. It seems unlikely they would have chosen that.

by Anonymousreply 165March 30, 2018 5:38 PM

165 replies and not a single "thoughts and prayers"??? What is happening to DL???

by Anonymousreply 166March 30, 2018 5:51 PM

I feel so bad for those kids. How they must have suffered!

by Anonymousreply 167March 30, 2018 5:56 PM

It seems so obvious to me that these kids are victims of their crazy parents. The people making excuses for the moms (“one incident 8 years ago - I’m giving them a break”, “the neighbors misunderstood”) baffle me.

It seems these women needed to project a certain image (which some commenters here seem to be buying). Kids of tyrant parents understand VERY WELL what’s expected of them. They can be sitting in a car, being emotionally eviscerated by their parent and the moment they step out of the car, they are wearing their “game face” and smiling and posing with the parent like nothing’s wrong. DON’T MAKE ME LOOK BAD. Am I the only one who understands this dynamic?!

Anyway, I hate these women and I’m glad they won’t be able to torture any more children. Too bad they took out half their “family”.

by Anonymousreply 168March 30, 2018 5:59 PM

R106: "With the crazy parents who chained their kids up, at least you only had to look at the Father's haircut to see something was definitely wrong with him."

This is such a quintessential Data Lounge observation. I really laughed out loud. Bravo/a, R106.

by Anonymousreply 169March 30, 2018 6:00 PM

So where are the older three kids? They know by now about the accident and that authorities are looking for them. If they haven't surfaced yet one would assume they met a bad end, probably before the 'accident' that killed the rest. Older kids/teens wouldn't be as easy to have in a crowded truck when trying to drive it over a cliff.

That said, r136 may generally be onto something. That is if the older kids are found alive.

by Anonymousreply 170March 30, 2018 6:10 PM

Deplorable troll at r73: you do realize don't you that for your joke to be funny in even a hurr hurr Cletus way, the journalists would have had to claim this was a shooting?

You've fucked the joke up so badly, it's just kind of sad.

by Anonymousreply 171March 30, 2018 6:22 PM

[quote]This is all just too weird. Every photo of this family online is like a Hallmark moment.

Jesus though, are you people new to the 21st century or something?

by Anonymousreply 172March 30, 2018 6:25 PM

[quote]What did the family do for money living in a remote area?

Two lesbians so probably both were on permanent "environmental disability" leave with unknown cause.

by Anonymousreply 173March 30, 2018 6:29 PM

From the Washington Post:

“Bruce DeKalb recalled how one night, about three or four months after the Harts moved into the house next door last year, Hannah Hart pounded on his door. She was “covered in weeds” after jumping out of the family’s second-story window and running through the woods to reach DeKalb’s house, he said. She ran up DeKalb’s stairs, found the bedroom and woke up DeKalb’s wife, Dana.

“That kid was totally losing her mind, just rattled to the bone,” Bruce DeKalb told The Washington Post. “You can’t fake that.”

Sarah and Jennifer Hart and the rest of their children then rushed into DeKalb’s house, looking for Hannah. They found her upstairs, crouched between the bed and the dresser. After Jennifer Hart spoke with Hannah, she came down and apologized to the DeKalbs.

The family came back the next day with an apology letter, and the parents introduced each of the children to their neighbors. DeKalb said he learned Hannah, who he thought was around 7 years old, was a teenager. She was missing her front teeth.

“They had some story about her getting them knocked out and said she didn’t want them fixed,” DeKalb said.

Sarah and Jennifer Hart told the couple that their children were not being abused, and said that Hannah was having a rough week because her cat had just died.

The DeKalbs said they tried to overlook the incident, although they considered calling Child Protective Services.

Then, on March 15, Devonte came over to their house and asked for food, claiming his parents weren’t feeding him, DeKalb said. The DeKalbs gave him some tortillas and peanut butter, and he went home. The 15-year-old kept returning, and last Thursday stopped by three times, including at 11:30 p.m. He had asked for six packs of tortillas and a case of peanut butter, some cured meats and apples, DeKalb said.“

He wasn’t asking for Doritos and Skittles. The boy was trying to obtain nourishment for his siblings.

Another case of a teenager being mistaken for a much younger child.

These dingbats very much remind me of a parent I know IRL. She’s a “free spirit”, too. Takes off on spontaneous “adventures”. Healthy organic eating, encourages diversity to a pathological degree.

For all the hippy-dippy “freedom” she apparently allows, there are very strict rules. Underneath all the “free spirit” nonsense, there is a very strong control of the child and its emotions and how they’re expressed. It’s as smothering and restrictive as the right wing fundamentalist families.

Very interesting. I’m terribly sorry for the children.

by Anonymousreply 174March 30, 2018 6:31 PM

I also think it was poor choice to drag these traumatized kids to various rallies and emotionally charged events. They went through enough with their abusive past. Why not take them on nature hikes or disneyland or legoland

by Anonymousreply 175March 30, 2018 6:35 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 176March 30, 2018 6:35 PM

Latest update from KGW 8 News in Portland, in which there is a link to a news briefing by the California Highway Patrol, undated, but sounds like it's from yesterday. Grim at the end when they point to the blue tshirt family shot and indicate the victims found and children still missing.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 177March 30, 2018 6:47 PM

^indicate=identify

by Anonymousreply 178March 30, 2018 6:53 PM

R173- There is plenty of money from the state and SSI for taking in foster kids. I’m wondering if they were abusing the money by not feeding the kids enough. Sounds like they were absconding. That’s how these families survive in places far away from civilization. They are recipients of all sorts of help from the state. There could have been a fight in the truck. Some of these kids had behavioral issues. I’m not blaming the kids.

by Anonymousreply 179March 30, 2018 6:55 PM

R175, I agree 100%. From what I know of special needs children (and neurotypical kids as well!) is that they thrive on consistency and stability. You can’t drag them all over creation and upset their schedules. But whatever. How boring and uninspiring they’d be if they couldn’t show off their Rainbow Tribe.

Sorry. I can’t with these awful people. I’m so angry at them.

by Anonymousreply 180March 30, 2018 7:01 PM

R169 In my opinion, every person who made contact with the family and pretended that man didn't look like Harry Dunne from "Dumb and Dumber" is complicit. Players in a grand charade of tacky and evil.

R162 It does start off with a creepy "Children of God" cult vibe but then it seems like the musician is sincerely just a "peace, love and understanding" trendo-hippy. He seems a little disturbed by the obvious pain coming from Devonte and the drummer sort of looks at him with concern, as well. Like they wonder if they should do anything about it. But calling the authorities, man, would be so uncool. We can work it out with enough love. Let's all come together and fix it with enough love.

Society benefits from diverse personality types, diverse perspectives looking at the same situation and offering different ideas. I'm sure most of those people at the "Beloved Festival" were sincerely just trying to be honest with their love outreach but it takes the pragmatic cynic to say "that kid looks really, really upset everyone and might need some help. We should really do something besides hug it out."

People are being culturally trained not to discern between danger and safety anymore because it might make someone feel bad but the risks you choose to take with yourself are different from putting the vulnerable in a dangerous position they are too powerless to protest being put in. The old adage "the path to Hell is paved with good intentions" seems apt here.

by Anonymousreply 181March 30, 2018 7:02 PM

The article linked in R177 says they were in a Yukon, which would have been able to carry them all. (I'm not sure why the Daily Mail ever said they were in a Sierra.) The bodies of the three missing kids may turn up later, depending on how the currents run in that area.

by Anonymousreply 182March 30, 2018 7:02 PM

Maybe I missed this part, but how did they know the car even went off the road? There were no skid marks. Did someone see it happen?

Authorities were able to determine which woman was driving, and they were both in the car. The children were not located in the car.

by Anonymousreply 183March 30, 2018 7:16 PM

That last article says they were in a van which is probably incorrect. So far we're been told suv, van and truck. Such pitiful reporting on this story.

by Anonymousreply 184March 30, 2018 7:31 PM

Diane Schuler Susan Smith Ebony Wilkerson (unsuccessful) Noel Bankhead Jennifer and Sarah Hart LaShonda Armstrong Akon Guode Unnamed woman in Hickory Creek, TX Joann Smith Unnamed woman in Vienna Township, OH Dee’Andra McGhee

by Anonymousreply 185March 30, 2018 7:38 PM

R183, they say a passerby called it in. I think there are scenic overlooks around there, and the person who called it in may have pulled over to look at the ocean.

The ironic thing about this is that there was this dark undercurrent to that feel-good image that the world saw a few years ago. Which if you think about it, makes sense. Anything that is so picture perfect might be overwrought. That little guy in his hipster pork pie hat, maybe a little too Potemkin village for this world? And then you look at the family group picture and the other little boy is ALSO in a pork pie hat? Forget about it.

I have to say though, I'm still not 100% convinced that these cries for help were on the up and up. These kids were all placed with the lesbians because they were trouble. Who knows to what extent they were gaming the neighbors?

by Anonymousreply 186March 30, 2018 7:41 PM

[quote]Who knows to what extent they were gaming the neighbors?

Just say it. They were trolling their neighbors. Those kids were little [italic]trolls[/italic].

by Anonymousreply 187March 30, 2018 7:44 PM

Miss r187 refuses to accept the words "who knows" -- she has stated her boundaries!

by Anonymousreply 188March 30, 2018 7:47 PM

I believe the claims. Limiting food as punishment was brought in the abuse claim seven years ago and then again by a different kid last week. Remarkably consistent.

by Anonymousreply 189March 30, 2018 7:50 PM

If the kids were gaming the neighbors, don’t you think they’d be asking for junk food? Tortillas, peanut butter and apples are staples that don’t require refrigeration, that can be stashed. The kids weren’t begging for ice cream and candy. They were hungry.

by Anonymousreply 190March 30, 2018 8:19 PM

[quote]The ironic thing about this is that there was this dark undercurrent to that feel-good image that the world saw a few years ago.

Making the kid embrace the cop when he was scared shitless of him was sadistic.

by Anonymousreply 191March 30, 2018 8:23 PM

Why do the boy's faces look so old?

by Anonymousreply 192March 30, 2018 8:26 PM

This case fascinates me like the 13 kids chained up. Hope we get more details about what was going on in their family.

by Anonymousreply 193March 30, 2018 8:30 PM

Bruce and Dana DeKalb, who live next door to the Harts in Woodland, said they rarely spoke with the family.

Dana DeKalb said Devonte had come to their home a dozen times to ask for food, saying his parents had withheld it as punishment.

She recounted how Devonte's requests for food escalated. First, he asked if the DeKalbs had any tortillas. The next morning, he came back and asked if they had any bread. She didn't, but she gave him a bunch of tortillas.

He later came back asking for more. Then he asked for peanut butter. Then a case of peanut butter. Non-perishables. The list went on. He was eventually coming over three times per day.

Dekalb told him she'd have to call for help.

And on last Thursday night, she said, the boy's first words when he came to the door were: "Have you called?"

by Anonymousreply 194March 30, 2018 8:53 PM

me too R193, i don't like posting personal info, but i'm a adoptive parent to a child with bi-polar, adhd and grew up oppositional defiant. She is now an adult and apologized for all the mean and spiteful things she did growing up.

by Anonymousreply 195March 30, 2018 8:55 PM

Story about the arrest for beating the younger sister

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 196March 30, 2018 8:55 PM

[quote]Maybe I missed this part, but how did they know the car even went off the road? There were no skid marks.

No skid marks on the paved road, but there are clear tire tracks going over the edge of the vista point.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 197March 30, 2018 9:19 PM

And that's exactly the place where lesbians would kill themselves. The only thing missing is a hardware store at the bottom.

by Anonymousreply 198March 30, 2018 9:32 PM

R193, I’m a little obsessed, too. Those children are haunting me. Out of the frying pan into the fire.

At least the Turpin kids are alive.

by Anonymousreply 199March 30, 2018 9:36 PM

R194, the last line in your comment is chilling. Jesus Christ.

by Anonymousreply 200March 30, 2018 9:37 PM

Oh great the creepy grief porn fetishists are here....Did you get banned from WebSleuths or something?

by Anonymousreply 201March 30, 2018 9:48 PM

R197, I've been reading too much about this, and forget where, but those tracks were apparently left by the massive tow truck that pulled the wreck from the bottom of the cliff.

by Anonymousreply 202March 30, 2018 9:51 PM

R201, I’m not a grief porn fetishist, but I do love to judge these psycho women who adopt child armies: Mia Farrow, Angelina Jolie, these dead cunts...

by Anonymousreply 203March 30, 2018 10:10 PM

Oh hush r201, I've been posting here for 12 years and have never even been to Web Sleuths. Just find this case interesting. If you aren't interested then shoo.

by Anonymousreply 204March 30, 2018 10:24 PM

I was all prepared for some dyke drama jokes but seeing those kids really set me straight. Bad enough they had to live with whatever horrors in their birth homes. Then they are placed with these two women and (maybe) thought they were finally safe. And it just got worse. So fucking unfair.

by Anonymousreply 205March 30, 2018 10:31 PM

R205, I know what you mean. The women went on tour with those kids like they were a circus act or something.

by Anonymousreply 206March 30, 2018 10:35 PM

Did they think of themselves as Thelma and Louise? But why include those poor kids.

by Anonymousreply 207March 30, 2018 10:37 PM

r207 I agree, if they didn't want to face CPS and the scandal they should have left the kids out of it and the mothers done the Thelma and Louise.

by Anonymousreply 208March 30, 2018 10:56 PM

The natural progression for many cults is mass suicide, R207, R208

Sort of like Jonestown. When the leader feels the game is up, it's time for everyone to go to a "better place." It's part suicide, but mostly mass homicide.

If CPS had caught on to some major scandal (as it seems from their repeated attempts to access the home) the crazy mothers saw this as the best ending, and an ending on their terms.

Very sick.

by Anonymousreply 209March 30, 2018 11:01 PM

I just have a very strong feeling that someone made a dumb driving mistake. Maybe someone needed to pee or just look at the scenery and someone made a chaotic mistake. Nothing too terrible was going to happen to those mothers.

by Anonymousreply 210March 30, 2018 11:11 PM

A creepy video on 'Jen Hart's youtube channel.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 211March 30, 2018 11:22 PM

Here is the source for the video.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 212March 30, 2018 11:29 PM

This is so sad. This is a scenic drive that is recommended to tourists, by the way. It is really not safe and many people report this.

As for the shocking statements coming out:

CPS are filled with racist and homophobic cunts. IF any of these reports were true, how could they still have fostered and/or adopted children?

by Anonymousreply 213March 30, 2018 11:32 PM

[quote]Healthy organic eating, encourages diversity to a pathological degree.

You realize that you're talking to a diverse community of LGBT people and generally supportive straights, right? How is diversity a pathology, exactly?

by Anonymousreply 214March 30, 2018 11:32 PM

Jen Hart went to the Joseph Jackson School of Parenting

by Anonymousreply 215March 30, 2018 11:34 PM

A girl barges into your house and hides there. She looks 7 years old, but she is a teenager. She has her teeth knocked out.

This alone is a tipoff that something is very wrong. The DeKalbs should have called CPS right away.

by Anonymousreply 216March 30, 2018 11:54 PM

The detail of a foster teenager deprived of nutrition to the point of resembling a 7 year-old made me think of this NJ couple from many years ago. The only starved and abused some of the children they adopted. So many parallels to this case: the starvation, the public profile, the school nurse who found bruises, shortly followed by the move to home schooling.

[quote] Michael Byrd thought he'd heard an animal digging through his garbage. Instead it was a ravenous, 45-pound, 19-year-old. "Gave him food," Byrd told CBS News Correspondent Jim Acosta. "He wolfed it down."

[quote] Bruce Jackson, a young man in a child's body, has become the latest grim poster child for New Jersey's broken foster care system.

[quote] Police charged the teen's parents, Raymond and Vanessa Jackson, with aggravated assault for staring four of their six adopted children. The state paid the Jacksons $400 a month for each adopted child.

[quote] New Jersey's division of youth and family services investigated allegations of abuse in 1995 when a school nurse found bruises on Bruce's body. The case was dropped and the Jacksons soon began home-schooling all their children.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 217March 31, 2018 12:25 AM

They were home schooled. Totally abused kids, I read more information about it. The kids were totally isolated. They could not go anywhere for help. The friend of the abusive parents said the kids were lucky to get adopted. This friend had no love or empathy at all for the children who are dead now. That is pretty disturbing right there.

by Anonymousreply 218March 31, 2018 12:33 AM

Did they die from blunt trauma or drowning?

by Anonymousreply 219March 31, 2018 12:51 AM

This truly makes me sad. About a year ago, I came across this video of a sweet little boy offering a hug to singer Xavier Rudd. The boy’s pureness of heart obviously got to Xavier, as he began to openly weep while singing and hugging the boy, and the two of them weeped together. An ending such as this truly makes me lose faith in humanity.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 220March 31, 2018 1:25 AM

I blame Aunt Diane.

by Anonymousreply 221March 31, 2018 1:29 AM

r220, what's your first language?

by Anonymousreply 222March 31, 2018 1:29 AM

Give it a rest,R222. God,I would hate to know some of you bitches in real life.

by Anonymousreply 223March 31, 2018 1:37 AM

Russian, then? Or just stupid?

by Anonymousreply 224March 31, 2018 1:48 AM

Pay no attention to R222 / R224. He'll find another thread to sniff out imaginary Ruskies.

Back to the case ... Do you think charges will be brought against the neighbors if foul play is discovered? It sounds like "deprived indifference" to have these kids literally knocking on your door and not taking action.

by Anonymousreply 225March 31, 2018 1:56 AM

R225, I don’t think so. (It’s “depraved indifference”, actually.) Bystanders aren’t required to do anything, and they can be covered by reasonable doubt. (Did they have knowledge that their parents were planning to drive them off a cliff?). Neighbors are not mandated reporters.

Did they have an ethical obligation? Yes. A legal one? IANAL, but I doubt it.

by Anonymousreply 226March 31, 2018 2:11 AM

Not a lawyer either, but found this article reporting on the status of the law in Oregon as of 2012.

[quote] In Oregon, the most severe penalty for failing to make a mandatory report of child abuse is a $2,000 fine. That’s the same penalty that can be levied against a veterinarian for failing to report aggravated animal abuse. That hasn’t always been the case. When Oregon’s first mandatory child abuse reporting law was enacted in 1963, violation of the law was a misdemeanor. However, the 1963 law only applied to health care professionals and police officers, and only required those officials to report the physical abuse of children age 12 or younger.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 227March 31, 2018 2:28 AM

At least they kept a cleaner house than the Turpins.

by Anonymousreply 228March 31, 2018 2:46 AM

another me too R193. Im still following the Turpin case.

by Anonymousreply 229March 31, 2018 2:51 AM

R227, the Harts moved across the river to Washington in 2017.

by Anonymousreply 230March 31, 2018 2:57 AM

That house is spotless. I, too, am starting to believe this was a freak accident of some kind. Not suicide/homocide.

by Anonymousreply 231March 31, 2018 3:11 AM

But no canes yet. Doesn't anybody care about the canes?

by Anonymousreply 232March 31, 2018 3:15 AM

they were home schooled. ALL of the kids. This is a complete red flag. How was this possible?

by Anonymousreply 233March 31, 2018 3:19 AM

The singer Devonte hugs is Xavier Rudd, an Australian singer. He’s a typical hippie-folk troubadour. Not a cult-person.

That video broke my heart. Poor little Devonte is crying out for calm and protection.

by Anonymousreply 234March 31, 2018 4:02 AM

Oh for fucks sake

by Anonymousreply 235March 31, 2018 4:12 AM

In the latest article in The Oregonian, there was another police call to their home, in 2013, although no details are provided. --In July 2013, after the family had moved to Oregon, police responded to a call at their West Linn home. Police characterized the call as a state Department of Human Services referral.--

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 236March 31, 2018 4:15 AM

Oh, but there was a cane, r232.

What 11-year-old kid (who looks 8) would ever consent to performing like this so that it could be plastered all over his parents' social media? I guess he knew what he had to do to keep a roof over his head, poor kid.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 237March 31, 2018 6:33 AM

LOL about the cane. What's weird is those boys have old man faces

by Anonymousreply 238March 31, 2018 6:34 AM

Nervous laughter?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 239March 31, 2018 6:39 AM

R-235 Devonte doesn’t look like he’s crying for calm and protection. Is this what you mean? The dramatic crying and hugging? Maybe Devonte looked for attention, which would be normal for a special needs child.

by Anonymousreply 240March 31, 2018 7:12 AM

Also all this Hallmark drama might have been a way to show social services how well the family was doing. The kids know how to complain to get attention even for trivial things.

by Anonymousreply 241March 31, 2018 7:22 AM

Not a chance, r45. Aunt Diane was swiggin' vodka from a Mickey D's cup, driving the wrong way like a champ.

by Anonymousreply 242March 31, 2018 7:38 AM

R225, Don't be daft. There is no law or legal obligation NOT to mind one's own business.

by Anonymousreply 243March 31, 2018 7:42 AM

I picture Yakety Sax on the radio as the van plunged over the cliff?

by Anonymousreply 244March 31, 2018 8:48 AM

[quote] R225, Don't be daft. There is no law or legal obligation NOT to mind one's own business.

Please mind your own business when it comes to giving legal advice.

As quoted above, in Oregon, it is a crime punishable by a fine of $2,000. This is the dollar value levied against those who fail to report the abuse of an animal, a fact the author wanted to change.

This family also lived in Washington state where failure to report the abuse of a child is a gross misdemeanor.

by Anonymousreply 245March 31, 2018 9:15 AM

This loooong hug and the way the kid is dressed and the messages shaved into his hair.... something is off.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 246March 31, 2018 9:17 AM

Well, at least those two child abusing cunts are in hell now.

by Anonymousreply 247March 31, 2018 12:01 PM

R231, have a word with Christina Crawford.

by Anonymousreply 248March 31, 2018 12:03 PM

Its a bit peculiar to expect normal behavior from a kid who was born drug addicted.

by Anonymousreply 249March 31, 2018 12:28 PM

R246, see R220.

by Anonymousreply 250March 31, 2018 1:51 PM

Who are the “friends” of the Harts? Who are the relatives who identied the bodies?

There has been nothing from the relatives.

There are the usual indignant statements from friends. They’re really angry at the neighbors. Why? All the neighbors did was report suspected neglect and abuse. The neighbors didn’t say anything BAD about the mothers.

by Anonymousreply 251March 31, 2018 2:09 PM

Exactly, R251. And the neighbors gave the parents the benefit of the doubt and held off reporting for a pretty good while.

by Anonymousreply 252March 31, 2018 2:22 PM

No skid or brake marks. Shit.

by Anonymousreply 253March 31, 2018 2:38 PM

Reminds me of Jeffrey Dahmer's neighbors. Imagine the horror of escaping, finding help ... and then being sent back.

Let there be no doubt that educated white people will be given "the benefit of the doubt" despite any and all evidence and red flags.

Didn't one the girls run to the neighbors after having her front teeth knocked out? Jesus!

by Anonymousreply 254March 31, 2018 2:50 PM

R254, that’s not even happening.

So far, the only people giving them any benefit of the doubt are their festival friends. There are very few comments in any comment section that defend the Hart parents.

by Anonymousreply 255March 31, 2018 3:39 PM

The one daughter with missing teeth might have had dental issues going back to before she was adopted. A lot of times, the birth parents don't take care of their chikdren's teeth -- don't help them brush, let them suck on a bottle full of sugary apple juice, etc.

She might have been missing the teeth when she came to live with the Harts, or maybe they were so decayed, they had to be pulled.

by Anonymousreply 256March 31, 2018 4:50 PM

R255 : You're confusing defending them once the children are dead, with defending the idea that they shouldn't be the subject of a police investigation for the statements made by the children.

Many posters on this thread (not all, and not even the majority) have explained that previously traumatized kids will say "all sorts of things". It would be a shame to subject the parents to witch hunts over questionable allegations. This attitude comes from the idea that nice white do-gooders should be protected, and disadvantaged children should be ignored.

Even R256 has a justification for why a young girl who knocks on a door for help saying that her front teeth have been knocked out (and presenting the empty space where those front teeth are supposed to be) should have her cries for help ignored. Call the police! Don't say she's looks poor and probably grew up with a baby bottle full of Pepsi.

Race and class aside, every time a child dies in the foster care system (either outright murder, or criminal neglect) there's always this history of bright red flags. Time to stop ignoring them.

by Anonymousreply 257March 31, 2018 5:51 PM

Here's today's article from The Press Democrat, the largest regional newspaper near the accident. It clearly states the vehicle was a "2003 GMC Yukon XL, which carries nine passengers."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 258March 31, 2018 6:08 PM

The six kids were found not wearing seat belts and the three they found were outside the vehicle on the rocks. It's possible the other three were thrown into the ocean and swept away.

by Anonymousreply 259March 31, 2018 6:10 PM

Huh? WTF? Poor dental health in foster children is a real problem. It's not easy to cheap to fix, either. Even something as simple as filling a cavity is very stressful for the child. "Oh, hello, young, formerly abused child. Lie down calmly in this chair while I drill into your tooth."

I just googled it, boom, very first link from the American Academy of Pediatricians says that "approximately 35% of children and teens enter foster care with significant dental and oral health problems. "

Any dentist you know will confirm this, or just ask when you make your next visit.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 260March 31, 2018 6:12 PM

But yeah, these women were awful.

by Anonymousreply 261March 31, 2018 6:13 PM

Is there ONE good reason to homeschool, barring extreme impairment or disabilities? If you don't agree with what's taught in the public schools, send them to a private school - there's one for pretty much every taste. Homeschooling foster kids is a particularly bad proposition rife with the abuse that's being alleged.

by Anonymousreply 262March 31, 2018 6:20 PM

r69 they ate themselves you say? Well, that’s not surprising given they were lesbians.

by Anonymousreply 263March 31, 2018 6:20 PM

Not that it really matters, but it's been stated upthread that the family was in a pickup truck. They weren't. According to the Mendocino office of the CHP, they were in a 2003 GMC Yukon XL, which is a very large SUV that seats nine.

by Anonymousreply 264March 31, 2018 6:21 PM

R264, as just stated in R258.

by Anonymousreply 265March 31, 2018 6:22 PM

WTF with CPS? Phone calls about the kids being starved and begging for food, and knocked out teeth! Why didn't CPS intervene?

by Anonymousreply 266March 31, 2018 6:37 PM

The justification at R260 that "it's probably just rotten teeth that were pulled" is EXACTLY the problem.

Who opens their front door and says "Hmmm, I suspect it's just it's common dental issue. Good bye, young lady."

"And tell your siblings to stop fleeing the house and begging us for help."

by Anonymousreply 267March 31, 2018 6:44 PM

Just speculating, but I think back teeth are more likely to rot and all out from neglect or decay, and front teeth fall out from trauma/impact. (Not that I’m saying the Hart parents knocked out the child’s teeth! Not at all.)

The only comments I’ve seen about the kids were very general “they were well-behaved” “they were always smiling”. It seemed that Devonte was the star because he brought them the most validation. He’s mentioned as being the child who was allowed out of the house to bring out the garbage cans. Not a single comment about any individual child, like “Hannah was shy, but she’d warm up to you after a bit” or “Jeremiah was a real ham!”

by Anonymousreply 268March 31, 2018 7:09 PM

They should have stuck to collecting cats and making bread pudding.

by Anonymousreply 269March 31, 2018 7:22 PM

From a Reddit commenter: “tRic_Adbur• 2d Jennifer Hart was the leader of the guild I'm in for a videogame I play. Sarah Hart was also in the guild as a regular guild member. A few days ago Hart said she had a "family emergency" at home and asked the other guild officers to handle some routine stuff while she was busy, left in a hurry, and then was missing from the guild and all game activities ever since. We only just found out about their deaths a few hours ago.

Accepting that I'm unsure of just how well you can really know a person via a purely text-based internet relationship, I would just like to say that during the 5 months I knew Jennifer Hart she never seemed anything other than intelligent, kind, and very level-headed, and I find the negative allegations many of the articles about this are now speculating over - the ones having to do with how her kids were treated - to be very hard to believe given my experience interacting with her.

She came across as a very loving mother with a family-first attitude, who spent a lot of time with her kids on outdoor activities like camping, hiking, and canoeing. I've seen pictures of the family that seem to suggest they were very happy, and I know other individuals online who knew her for far longer than I did, some who knew her for years, who had the same impressions.

I can't claim to have known her very well, but in the context of our game-related interactions and casual chat within the guild, I liked her. And I know my entire guild will miss her as a leader.

EDIT: Lots of people taking a tiny amount of information and running with it. I already admitted that knowing a person over the internet isn't the same as knowing them in real life, but that being said, I did know this person for the past 5 months and even with all that extra experience I'm not comfortable arriving at any definitive conclusions, so the rest of you Nancy Grace armchair sleuths who know even less should really be ashamed of yourselves for a lot of the conclusions you're jumping to. All I can say is what my experience with this person was, and I have nothing further to add.”

by Anonymousreply 270March 31, 2018 7:34 PM

r270 five months in an online game vs years of calls to CPS and police reports. neighbors claiming the kids came over to ask for cases of peanut butter and tortillas. isn't it a bit revealing that a foster mom of many kids who is also supposed to be repsonsible for their education, is the leader of an online game guild?

by Anonymousreply 271March 31, 2018 7:39 PM

Well R269 at least they spared the family cat. The doggies weren't so lucky.

This is from KGW News reporting of March 30,

--Animal control seized one cat, several chickens and ducks from the home, the Clark County Animal Control told KGW. The arriving officer said it appeared two dogs also lived at the home but were not present.--

by Anonymousreply 272March 31, 2018 7:41 PM

R271, exactly. Shit, you can sleep in the same bed as someone for decades and not know what they do when they’re not with you.

And how the hell did they have time for gaming? Six troubled kids that they’re homeschooling? Where do they find the time?

AND Doesn’t that go against their “no electronics, hiking-camping-organic-farming” lifestyle? Seems hypocritical.

by Anonymousreply 273March 31, 2018 7:52 PM

You know what really saddens me ? The way those womens fellow gays are the very first to jump on the hate wagon. Theres no real facts out there other than the fact some are dead and some are missing,but you bitches got those poor dykes as all kinds of child abusing psycho lezzies. We are our own worst enemy,arent we.

by Anonymousreply 274March 31, 2018 7:56 PM

I bet one day this will be an episode on Forensic Files.

by Anonymousreply 275March 31, 2018 8:40 PM

R274 this isn’t a gay issue. Two parents drive their kids off a cliff. The welfare of the kids leading up to this was in question, neighbours had called authorities after one of the kids had said they weren’t being fed. I’m not going to reserve my judgement because they’re gay. Assholes are assholes

by Anonymousreply 276March 31, 2018 8:50 PM

Thank god the chickens were ok!

by Anonymousreply 277March 31, 2018 9:02 PM

Road Rage- with righteous anger!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 278March 31, 2018 9:17 PM

I guarantee you that if either of those women cared about those kids and this wasn't suicide ALL of those kids would have been wearing seat belts. none of them? they were told not to put them on.

by Anonymousreply 279March 31, 2018 9:22 PM

There is something off about this, almost like an assassination or former mob-informer kind of connection.

by Anonymousreply 280March 31, 2018 9:32 PM

Of course r279. Their parents were wearing them, so clearly they told their kids not to.

by Anonymousreply 281March 31, 2018 9:34 PM

if they were wearing seat belts and the kids weren't then they were terrible parents.

by Anonymousreply 282March 31, 2018 9:38 PM

r274 should have posted this in bold.

𝗧𝗵𝗲𝗿𝗲𝘀 𝗻𝗼 𝗿𝗲𝗮𝗹 𝗳𝗮𝗰𝘁𝘀 𝗼𝘂𝘁 𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗿𝗲 𝗼𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗿 𝘁𝗵𝗮𝗻 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗳𝗮𝗰𝘁 𝘀𝗼𝗺𝗲 𝗮𝗿𝗲 𝗱𝗲𝗮𝗱 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝘀𝗼𝗺𝗲 𝗮𝗿𝗲 𝗺𝗶𝘀𝘀𝗶𝗻𝗴,𝗯𝘂𝘁 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝗯𝗶𝘁𝗰𝗵𝗲𝘀 𝗴𝗼𝘁 𝘁𝗵𝗼𝘀𝗲 𝗽𝗼𝗼𝗿 𝗱𝘆𝗸𝗲𝘀 𝗮𝘀 𝗮𝗹𝗹 𝗸𝗶𝗻𝗱𝘀 𝗼𝗳 𝗰𝗵𝗶𝗹𝗱 𝗮𝗯𝘂𝘀𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗽𝘀𝘆𝗰𝗵𝗼 𝗹𝗲𝘇𝘇𝗶𝗲𝘀.

It's an odd situation but there is simply no evidence yet to make a judgment either way.

by Anonymousreply 283March 31, 2018 9:39 PM

andddddd maybe they thought they might survive but without seat belts the kids wouldn't.

by Anonymousreply 284March 31, 2018 9:39 PM

that devonte kid is super creepy - always hugging grown ass men. and what's with the zebra costume with the tail? Kill it with fire.

Or drive it over a cliff. whatever

by Anonymousreply 285March 31, 2018 9:49 PM

Yes, R283 ... Let's turn a blind eye to more red flags than a Communist parade out of some misplaced sense of solidarity to the LGBT community?

What could possibly go wrong when you ignore the obvious?

by Anonymousreply 286March 31, 2018 9:52 PM

Does anyone know what time of day or night this happened? Perhaps they drove up to the edge, for a better view of the ocean and got too close to the edge and didn't realize it until it was too late. Are there signs they sped over the edge?

by Anonymousreply 287March 31, 2018 9:53 PM

If these women were foster parents then they must have been taking in a nice sum every month from the gov't. Did this online gaming thing that she did cost money?

by Anonymousreply 288March 31, 2018 9:54 PM

R288. Special. Needs foster care.

by Anonymousreply 289March 31, 2018 10:03 PM

r289 do they get more money for taking in Special needs?

by Anonymousreply 290March 31, 2018 10:07 PM

This video is disturbing. Why was he dressed that way? Why was he always being groomed to hug men, in this case a half naked one. The hypnotic music is creepy too. It is not hard to guess the kind of info that they were trying to avoid having come out.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 291March 31, 2018 10:14 PM

The real tragedy is that video keeps getting re-posted, R291.

by Anonymousreply 292March 31, 2018 10:17 PM

This is creepy AF too, catnip for pervs. What is up with the 70s music too? In another he dances to Cat Stevens. At least the poor kid is clothed in that one. Starvation and isolation just like that other weirdo family. These kids look stunted too and skinny or dressed in layers. So sad. Hope they were asleep.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 293March 31, 2018 10:18 PM

Wonder why Sarah copped to the criminal charge when the kid said that Jennifer beat her? Allegedly Jennifer was the one driving, too.

by Anonymousreply 294March 31, 2018 10:19 PM

How long does it take them to analyze the car's black box?! They decipher black boxes of planes fished out of oceans faster. Autopsy toxicology results will take longer though. But still no news briefing today so far, according to the latest non story in The Oregonian. And what about results of the house search, and interviews with family members? I wonder who were identified as legal guardians in the womens' wills.

by Anonymousreply 295March 31, 2018 10:20 PM

Actually, R283, Sarah pled guilty to beating one of the children and in exchange another charge was dropped. The child committed the offense of having a penny in her pocket, which caused one woman to punch her repeatedly, starve her and submerge her head in a tub of cold water. Interestingly, the young child said that Jennifer had beaten her black and blue. After that they moved and pulled the kids out of school. Homeschooling is less risky for abusers.

by Anonymousreply 296March 31, 2018 10:22 PM

Not all cars have "black boxes," R295. The vehicle was a 15-year old SUV, so I highly doubt it had one.

by Anonymousreply 297March 31, 2018 10:29 PM

Posted too quickly. Wanted to add that re guardianship, although sadly this will not apply, it would indicate whether as referenced in a few stories, the women were mostly estranged from their families after the move from Minnesota. Yet the county sheriff said family members had identified the bodies.

Finally, we're used to almost hourly briefings by authorities for major events, and therefore the absence of briefings is puzzling.

R297, thought I saw earlier a car expert say there was a black box.

by Anonymousreply 298March 31, 2018 10:31 PM

[quote]That model of Yukon was also presumably equipped with a black box recorder that would show its speed and use of the brakes, said Marcus Mazza, an engineer and accident-reconstruction expert with Lancaster, Pennsylvania-based Robson Forensic.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 299March 31, 2018 10:34 PM

how deep is the water where the SUV landed? anyone know? i saw the drone video of the cliff and the rocks and water and it looks like a washing machine, very scary.

by Anonymousreply 300March 31, 2018 10:38 PM

R299, that's it. Thanks.

by Anonymousreply 301March 31, 2018 10:47 PM

HI JODIE!

by Anonymousreply 302March 31, 2018 10:51 PM

Sometimes this thread looks like a fiction novel is being written. And nobody actually knows anything! Why not wait till the cops release all the facts? Don’t think the police are actually taking us all into their confidence because they care about what we think. They will tell us when they are good and ready. The kids looked healthy to me. I don’t see some conspiracy with the lesbians or seatbelts or suicide or anything. Maybe the kids wanted sugar and so went for the peanut butter.

As long as everyone is alive in a foster home, Child Protective Services focuses on other needy kids. It takes unusual people to take care of unusual children. These kids were lucky to be placed at all. That “scenic outcrop” looks highly dangerous to me. And with 8 hyperactive kids, 2 large adults and dogs and whatnot bags, clothes etc. I would not even do a u-turn in that tight spot. It’s a pity.

by Anonymousreply 303March 31, 2018 10:59 PM

the kids with no seat belts is a huge red flag. we are talking about 6 kids, not one or two

by Anonymousreply 304March 31, 2018 11:06 PM

Carelessness does not equal malintent.

by Anonymousreply 305March 31, 2018 11:13 PM

as a parent I'm saying that there is no way they would have had 6 kids without seat belts and special needs at that.

by Anonymousreply 306March 31, 2018 11:22 PM

R305 you thinking they look healthy doesn’t mean they were healthy. And the neighbours were concerned because one of the kids was coming around asking for food. They were so concerned they called social services. Not to mention one of the women was in trouble for having beaten and starved one of the kids in the past. This isn’t speculation, this is fact. Don’t be naive, there was malintent.

by Anonymousreply 307March 31, 2018 11:32 PM

You know cops already have video footage of them from gas stations and the like. At least they should by now.

by Anonymousreply 308March 31, 2018 11:56 PM

[quote] Please mind your own business when it comes to giving legal advice. As quoted above, in Oregon, it is a crime punishable by a fine of $2,000. This is the dollar value levied against those who fail to report the abuse of an animal, a fact the author wanted to change. This family also lived in Washington state where failure to report the abuse of a child is a gross misdemeanor.

Someone needs to get their panties untwisted. Such reporting laws only apply to those upon whom the laws specifically impose a reporting requirement, social workers, doctors, teachers, et al. That certainly doesn't include a neighbor.

by Anonymousreply 309March 31, 2018 11:56 PM

One reason people hesitate to call is a scenario where the kids or battered spouse ends up LESS safe due to an ineffective system response. It is not a baseless fear.

by Anonymousreply 310March 31, 2018 11:58 PM

I love how r303 admonishes everyone to “wait for the facts” but she starts her own speculation.

CPS came a knocking and they high tailed it.

by Anonymousreply 311April 1, 2018 12:28 AM

I want to see this unfold. And the right certainly will attempt to use this as justification that the LGBT community should not be allowed to adopt. Of course for every abusive LGBT parent, there are at least a dozen heterosexual counterparts.

by Anonymousreply 312April 1, 2018 12:34 AM

"devonte kid is super creepy - always hugging grown ass men"

GAY???

by Anonymousreply 313April 1, 2018 12:44 AM

The lesbian moms sounded kind of loony. If this is an accident, then RIP. If not, then poor kids!

by Anonymousreply 314April 1, 2018 12:49 AM

Speedometer pinned at 90mph

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 315April 1, 2018 1:00 AM

^They knew from the time they lifted the wreck. That's how they obtained the search warrant for the home.

by Anonymousreply 316April 1, 2018 1:06 AM

[quote] Speedometer pinned at 90mph

After 300 posts finally some evidence. If true you don't drive that way by accident.

by Anonymousreply 317April 1, 2018 1:06 AM

Any publicity is good publicity!

by Anonymousreply 318April 1, 2018 1:13 AM

I saw Jennifer Hart's Facebook mentioned but I tried to look for it but too many people by that name. Anybody else have a link to it?

by Anonymousreply 319April 1, 2018 1:35 AM

They are now home with the Lord.

by Anonymousreply 320April 1, 2018 1:36 AM

Three bodies are missing.

by Anonymousreply 321April 1, 2018 1:54 AM

Do you think they thought CPS/police were going to get them, so they just did this? They probably noticed the Turpin parents getting arrested and appearing at hearings. Do you think both "moms" were in on it, or was one more controlling?

by Anonymousreply 322April 1, 2018 1:57 AM

Someone said one worked in a store. Did the other one have a job? Looks like a big house for the salary of someone working in a store.

by Anonymousreply 323April 1, 2018 1:59 AM

His "free hugs" sign is a Bernie sign.

It is really rightwing catnip. Lesbian moms, New age, Bernie supporters, adopting black kids etc etc.

by Anonymousreply 324April 1, 2018 2:02 AM

link

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 325April 1, 2018 2:03 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 326April 1, 2018 2:03 AM

Bernie did it.

by Anonymousreply 327April 1, 2018 2:06 AM

Joni Mitchell ~ Circle Game interpretive dance at 2:30 am. Because...Devonte.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 328April 1, 2018 2:07 AM

The picture in the Santa Rosa Press Democrat of the wrecked Yukon the day after the accident showed the vehicle on its roof nearly directly below the 100-foot cliff. Had it been going 90 mph, it would have shot off that cliff like a cannonball, landing a lonnnnng way from the base of the cliff. Surely the investigators would have commented on that fact.

by Anonymousreply 329April 1, 2018 2:08 AM

They are all wearing Bernie shirts. I didn't recognize it at first

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 330April 1, 2018 2:09 AM

R245, Then, as the adage goes, "the law is a ass." All one needs to say in defense is that they noticed nothing, or "misunderstood" what they allegedly witnessed.

by Anonymousreply 331April 1, 2018 2:24 AM

Or she was the age when kids lose their teeth. Duh.

by Anonymousreply 332April 1, 2018 2:28 AM

“I think this kid will be alright. No matter what is tossed at him,” Jen says.

Jen hopes the question, what do you want to be when you grow up?, extinguishes from our cultural lexicon.

“Perhaps we can replace it with questions that don’t catapult children 20 years into the future. What are you passionate about? What inspires you? What excites you? What makes you feel good?

“I think society needs all the reminders they can get that they are not defined by their careers. And for the love of the universe, let’s not categorise abilities by skin tone. Let’s move forward, shall we?”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 333April 1, 2018 2:29 AM

They were home schooled. This is the red flag, people. These kids were extremely isolated. CPS is a county and/or city program and they are corrupt as shit. It looks like NO ONE wanted to monitor to make sure these children were okay and thriving.

by Anonymousreply 334April 1, 2018 2:29 AM

That house was beautiful for so many kids, let alone troubled kids.

by Anonymousreply 335April 1, 2018 2:31 AM

R245, Reading comprehension? The fine of $2000 is for specifically mandated abuse reporters, such as educators, health care professionals, and so on.

The animal abuse law is for veterinary professionals.

Neither law applies to neighbors. Neighbors are not mandated to do anything. We had this discussion when a young person drowned while peers watched and even laughed. Posters here were SURE that the onlookers had broken some law about not saving someone in peril, or not calling for help, or something, dammit! But no.

by Anonymousreply 336April 1, 2018 2:34 AM

R323 -

[quote]Sarah was one of my managers at Kohl’s a few years back... out of all my managers she was definitely the nicest. Unfortunately, that is on a nice scale of retail management... I guess you never really know what is going on in people’s lives.

I can't remember where I read it, but in one of the articles it was mentioned that Sarah left MN first to find a job and then Jennifer and the kids moved the following year. Sarah stated in the police report that Jen was at home with the kids and that they had more of a maternal bond with her (Jen) which resulted in the kids getting more upset when Jen disciplined them. She was also the one managing the gaming guild, while Sarah was just a member. It kind of sounds like Jen's contribution was managing their social-media presence and cashing SSI checks. From the same Reddit thread....

[quote]Jennifer Hart was the leader of the guild I'm in for a videogame I play. Sarah Hart was also in the guild as a regular guild member.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 337April 1, 2018 2:39 AM

The kids did not go to school (home schooled) or did they have a medical doctor. They were isolated purposely.

by Anonymousreply 338April 1, 2018 2:40 AM

the last figures I could find were from 2016 and the income per child was $498 a month in WA but that is not for special needs which receive more money x 6 but it still isn't that much.

by Anonymousreply 339April 1, 2018 2:59 AM

I too want to wait for the information but have a couple observations.

I agree that the vehicle came around a curve and the overlook appears as though it is in a straight line of road. The road actually bears back left. I am totally shocked there is no guard rail present. Screw the overlook, and bserver stated that he sees accidents along that particular road frequently. Guardrail.

That one of thing mothers “Spanked” her child as described is more like beating and humiliating. Not spanking. I knew a horrible person that did that to kids on my block - one twisted fuck nothing short of a profound child abuser. Something was up with that vicious cruelty.

I also am not doubting the food was about hunger. Again the same beating not spanking person I knew of also routinely starved the kids. Someone in that family had profound issues - growing kids in that age group eat a LOT. Undoubtedly they were hungry. Initial indications dont look great but I can see the road being the problem that resulted in deaths.

by Anonymousreply 340April 1, 2018 3:18 AM

Maybe when they went over the edge the driver mashed on the gas and caused the engine to rev as she panicked. That could explain the 90 mph. I agree with the other poster that if they were going 90 when they went over theyd have landed much further out. Would that they were,maybe if theyd landed in water someone might have survived. Also,with 6 kids crammed into the back seats having them all buckled would have been a real pain in the ass,and most of them were old enough to not have to be buckled in.

by Anonymousreply 341April 1, 2018 3:28 AM

The impact could have moved the needle, torn the cable, etc. Many mechanical explanations about the speedometer - that is basically A red herring and nothing more.

by Anonymousreply 342April 1, 2018 3:44 AM

They would have only landed further out if the cliff were straight down. If there was an incline or series of inclines they could have been going fast and still hit land before eventually landing in the ocean.

by Anonymousreply 343April 1, 2018 3:52 AM

I lived outside Seattle for some years and I met quite a few parents who did not vaccinate and had their kids on weird special diets. One woman I knew had her kids on a strict GAPS diet and bragged about her kids not using doctors, so to me these lesbians weren't too out of the ordinary. If they had the kids on strict diets, it would explain why they were so fucking hungry. GAPS diet is big with families who have kids on the autism spectrum or behavior problems.

by Anonymousreply 344April 1, 2018 4:21 AM

It might have been foggy and if there was some type of distracton in the car...

by Anonymousreply 345April 1, 2018 5:03 AM

ON the other hand if they were fleeing CPS to start afresh somewhere they wouldn't have taken the coast road.

by Anonymousreply 346April 1, 2018 5:03 AM

Most likely this was about money, they had no way to support all those people.

by Anonymousreply 347April 1, 2018 5:04 AM

That road should've had some boundaries.

by Anonymousreply 348April 1, 2018 5:05 AM

[quote]they had no way to support all those people

I agree, with only one parent working as a manager at Kohl's

by Anonymousreply 349April 1, 2018 6:04 AM

LOL at the rug on that newscaster r333

by Anonymousreply 350April 1, 2018 6:10 AM

This family's picture should be under Virtue Signaling in the dictionary, maybe the mothers being reported for abuse was more than they could take.

by Anonymousreply 351April 1, 2018 6:16 AM

No insatiable bottom jokes?

by Anonymousreply 352April 1, 2018 6:46 AM

Unless they had a massive run up to the edge going 90 mph, the vehicle would not have "launched" far out into the ocean.

Some of you must have gone to physics class with Professor Wile E. Coyote.

by Anonymousreply 353April 1, 2018 6:53 AM

DeKalb said they called the agency Friday and saw a CPS employee knock on the Harts’ front door, then leave after a minute. By the time the CPS employee returned Monday, the Harts were gone, DeKalb said. The Harts had piled into their SUV and driven away sometime between Friday evening and Saturday morning.

[Mostly likely it is related to that....?]

by Anonymousreply 354April 1, 2018 10:54 AM

The Harts’ friends say Sarah and Jennifer Hart were nothing short of supportive and nurturing to their children.

“Jen and Sarah were providing a hilarious, joyful life for these kids,” Sinclair said. “They were what gave me hope for the future.”

Zippy Lomax, a Portland photographer who had known the family for six years, said the couple was “incredibly invested in their children.”

“They inspired me deeply and just felt like the most incredible people that the world needs more of,” she said.

She said the couple were activists who wanted to give the six children, who they said came from difficult backgrounds, a chance to thrive. The children were bookworms who were never on electronic devices. They instead spent time with their chickens and held their own dance parties.

by Anonymousreply 355April 1, 2018 10:55 AM

This is Datalounge! With all the daisies around here the correct wording should be "Petal to the metal"!

by Anonymousreply 356April 1, 2018 11:57 AM

"Incredibly invested" (r355) and then having Children's Services on their case could very well culminate in a "We won't let them take the children from us!" murder-suicide.

by Anonymousreply 357April 1, 2018 12:17 PM

#Pray4Devonté

by Anonymousreply 358April 1, 2018 12:42 PM

[quote]Zippy Lomax, a Portland photographer who had known the family for six years, said the couple was “incredibly invested in their children.”

Having someone named “Zippy” as their character witness doesn’t help much.

by Anonymousreply 359April 1, 2018 12:43 PM

“None of that computes. I'll tell you, none of that lines up with the people that we all knew,” said Lomax. “Jen and Sarah, I think, were the parents that this world desperately needs.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 360April 1, 2018 12:47 PM

I am discounting the hunger thing unless they find that they were malnourished. When my son was 4 we went to the beach. He wandered off for a few minutes and came back eating a chicken leg. We asked him where he got it and he told us and said he told them he had no breakfast which was a lie. Another time he was at a neighbors and later that neighbor told me she gave him cereal because he told her we didn't feed him, again a lie. I might believe the females if they said they weren't being fed, but not the males.

by Anonymousreply 361April 1, 2018 1:03 PM

R332, the neighbor said that the girl with the bashed-in teeth was a teenager, not a five-year-old.

The Daily Mail now claims that the speedometer shows the car was driven over the cliff at 90 mph.

This story stinks as bad as Aunt Diane.

by Anonymousreply 362April 1, 2018 1:16 PM

The young boy dancing in his underwear being posted on Youtube is a big red flag.

Jenn was the one who beat and punched the little girl for having a penny in her pocket, also pushing her head under cold water and starving her. Sarah took the fall. Jenn was also the one driving.

Parents with abuse convictions should NOT be allowed to home school and withhold medical care.

In many abusive families, one kid is targeted. This was all different kids trying to get help. A teen girl with knocked out front teeth. Horrifying does not begin to describe it. These poor kids, out of the frying pan, and into the fire. RIP. If the 3 did not wash out they may be found buried somewhere. I think the missing 3 were the ones who had made contact with the neighbors, led to CPS coming?

by Anonymousreply 363April 1, 2018 2:33 PM

What kind of gaming were they into?

The house looks super orderly for homeschooling and for 8 people in a 3 bedroom.

by Anonymousreply 364April 1, 2018 2:35 PM

It is reminiscent of AJ - the family described as a tribe, no relationships outside the family, moving around, no school, etc. Must be some part of the white savior psychology to control and isolate. The talking about the personal info of the kids, the pictures/video of kids not dressed, the description of their interests as though talking about an adult not a child, even the knocked out tooth that is not fixed, although other teeth would shift around causing adult problems. Of course AJ went for the transed from birth deification route rather than the black kids forced to hug cops while they sob in staged photos. Smdh.

Free hugs sign and kid dancing in briefs posted online, wonder if the abuse went way farther than punching and starvation? Kid being prompted all the time to hug adult men, esp ones that were half dressed, none of whom is family, sure looks like grooming. No responsible parent, esp of adopted kids who may have RAD, would be prompting it. That the kid is always crying while doing it speaks volumes. He did not enjoy the persona their narcissism created for him. Sad.

by Anonymousreply 365April 1, 2018 2:43 PM

R361, your deep love for your kid(s) really comes through. Are they adopted?

by Anonymousreply 366April 1, 2018 2:47 PM

Quoted from R110 's Observer link ... I woke up with this part on my mind.

[quote] He later came back asking for more. Then he asked for peanut butter. Then a case of peanut butter. Non-perishables. The list went on. He was eventually coming over three times per day. Dekalb told him she'd have to call for help. And on last Thursday night, she said, the boy's first words when he came to the door were: "Have you called?"

I'm afraid three of them were planning to blow the lid off of the abuse and escape. This boy was stockpiling food for their life on the run. CPS was closing in and the adoptive mothers decided to end things on their terms. Devonte and the two others who are currently missing may have been murdered and disposed of first. Then, the moms took the rest of the kids for a ride and drove off everyone off the cliff.

by Anonymousreply 367April 1, 2018 2:50 PM

Excellent point raised on reddit: Society tends to overvalue intention and undervalue execution

by Anonymousreply 368April 1, 2018 3:00 PM

It was dark and foggy. The driver was tired and frazzled. She accidently drove off the cliff.

Many of you have depraved minds.

by Anonymousreply 369April 1, 2018 3:14 PM

What is a gaming guild? How much time would be devoted to running it? What games did they play?

So the moms chowed down (far from skinny like the kids) and were on electronics but the kids had food withheld and were supposed to make a life out of crafts and chickens, like the teens were 4 year olds? No neighbors described interacting with them socially or them having visitors. It was these staged interactions at these kinda creepy seeming festivals that were the times the kids were let out. Who listens to Cat Stevens and Judy Collins?

How many more of these cult like abusive families are out there? SO sad and troubling, as is the drumbeat of defense of child murderers. She beat a 6 year old for having a penny in her pocket to the point that she got a criminal sentence, then the kids were killed as CPS finally was closing in again. Yet we are all supposed to sing kumbaya? It seems clear that the hippy dippy types are willfully blind to the welfare of other humans, their claims to be all about LOVE ring quite hollow.

I will not be surprised if that kid compelled to hug strangers and dancing in his briefs on youtube was being abused or pimped in other ways.

by Anonymousreply 370April 1, 2018 3:25 PM

Found this posted online ---- Sarah worked a lot at Kohls and Jenn was home online and unravelling. She had beaten one of the kids black and blue years earlier, with Sarah copping to the criminal charge. Wonder if there is any evidence of the harassment she claims or if it was an excuse to become ever more isolated to hide the abuse. There is only one reason a family switches to homeschooling after a criminal conviction for child abuse. And they move around for the same reason.

---------- Letter supposedly from Jen Hart dated 6/17 that a FB friend posted.

10 hrs · [​IMG]Here’s an ominous and informative message that Jen Hart wrote on her fb page last summer...after their ‘Hug Seen Around The World’ notoriety and challenges. This is a glimpse of their experience...

“I unplugged from Facebook for over half of this year. I've had to change my/our phone number(s) twice. I've steered clear of public settings for the most part. Rather than answering the floods of messages like: Where have you been? Why haven't you responded to my texts? Etc - I'll try and address SOME of the things that led to the disconnect.

This. Year. Slammed. Us. Hard. It was as if we were continuously seeing this "Proceed No Further" sign showing up in a myriad of ways.

Extremely simplified explanation: Loss of a friend Loss of 5 animals(2 in the last month) Serious stalking and threats of violence towards me and my family Robbed/vandalism Cancer 3 job transfers(Sarah) Several other very challenging medical diagnosis Surgery

Sarah: rear ended in a car accident. Totaled Discrimination from the government & insurance companies - which nearly led to homelessness weeks before closing on our home. Yeah. This is still a thing that happens. Thanks to my wife for being a badass superhero along side of me to combat this bs.

*All of this while home hunting non stop for over a year.

*All of this during an already very terrifying time in this country (and Portland...holy shit)

*All of this while trying to be supportive and loving wife whilst raising 6 teenagers.

So, where have I(we) been? SELF CARE, y'all. I've been taking care of myself and my family. Our safety, emotional and physical health are always the absolute most important things. Period. Releasing the expectations to show up here or elsewhere was vital in my own healing. I am no service to others if my tank is empty.

What do we need? What we need is loving understanding that there is a lot going on, and that we are working on putting our lives back together now that we've finally purchased our new home/land. Time. Trust building. Time. Trust building. TIME. We've been fighting the good fight always - just a little more behind the scenes than usual.

What we don't need: -pity or sorrow for these struggles -guilt trips for not meeting your expectations -pressure of any kind.

We've embarked on an incredible new journey up on some beautiful land in Washington. After over 4 1/2 years in the PNW, we finally feel at HOME. We're looking forward to sharing it with everyone... when the time is right.

Big[​IMG]Love

Oh - and if you still have our old phone numbers, please don't text or call them anymore...unless you like really colorful language from strangers.[​IMG]”

- Jen Hart, June 2017

by Anonymousreply 371April 1, 2018 3:29 PM

Wonder what the childhoods of Jenn and Sarah were like? Bad might explain the lack of family around the kids. Of course, isolation just ups the abusive dynamics and stress levels further. Letting 2 women who lacked real social support and who had one job in retail take on 6 kids seems insane. I do not count the naive dippy people still defending them as meaningful social support. None commented on any of the kids as individuals, they were just using the image from FB to support their own narcissism.

From a study: Annihilators are overwhelmingly male (95 percent, he estimates), and mostly white and middle-aged. They feel inadequate as men and have often suffered childhood abuse. Having felt powerless as kids, many try to exert strict control over their households and seek to create an idealized version of family that they never experienced.

If they were getting SSI for the kids and they were taken, a job at Kohls would not support a $375,000 house.

Jenn escaped into gaming and eating, Sarah into work. What did all those kids do all day in a small house with no electronics for them and not being allowed outside? It is heartbreaking to think of punches, heads held in cold water, teeth knocked out and using food as a weapon.

by Anonymousreply 372April 1, 2018 3:39 PM

R372 or maybe the kids did all the chores and this is why everything looked so neat. They might also have been gifted by a few well off benefactors. Looking at Patreon accounts some grifters/beggars have set up on Youtube, it's amazing how some naive admirers will open their wallets.

by Anonymousreply 373April 1, 2018 3:45 PM

Those videos really disturbed me, especially the one of the kids singing and playing instruments... If they were singing about Jesus I would have immediately thought they were a cult. I suppose this should be no different. The kids seemed like they were trained to perform. Like a lezzie Jackson Five.

by Anonymousreply 374April 1, 2018 3:47 PM

r366 no not adopted. They were/are well loved. All 3 are very successful AND happy and so are their kids

by Anonymousreply 375April 1, 2018 3:48 PM

Why wouldn't you believe a male child who said he wasn't being fed? Simply because your son lied a couple of times?

by Anonymousreply 376April 1, 2018 3:54 PM

R376 meant for R361.

by Anonymousreply 377April 1, 2018 3:55 PM

Props - this 12 year old boy had no ability to interact with peers or anyone outside his immediate family. His birthday was another pretext for famewhoreing by his narcissistic fantasy game playing parents.

The kids look younger than they are, like the Terpins. The teen girl being so small and missing front teeth is what made the neighbors think she was in grade school.

They were dressed oddly, I am not sure where you would even get clothes like this, like Good Times costumes, in kid sizes. They are often in layers and jackets, which hides how thin they are.

Responsible parents do not put their kids on the internet dancing in briefs nor do they compel their sobbing black son to hug police and various adult men, many of whom are shirtless, while they commit it to images and video. The zebra costume is feminizing and disturbing on so many levels. The kid is clearly distressed yet so many wanted to put adult or hippy meanings onto his exploitation.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 378April 1, 2018 3:59 PM

Another stratagem of a few utubers I've observed is to casually mention and include the link to their Amazon wishlist, and packages arrive by magic on their doorstep, even furniture, and they then do unboxing videos to thank the generous patron. But I digress.

by Anonymousreply 379April 1, 2018 4:07 PM

Where were black men to serve as role models for these kids? Who was teaching them to operate in the real world, not the one on hippy social media? How long was a black boy going around hugging strangers going to be seen as CUTE? How many black teens are safe approaching and trying to hug the police? Talk about trivializing and inverting BLM.

This and the zebra costume, hugging the singer while sobbing are creepy AF. Always being prompted to hug men, not relatives, men in public, for the camera is disturbing. That the moms got so much affirmation for it says something about the circles they ran in.

That this kid had such a bad life and will never get to grow up makes me hope that the Buddhists and reincarnation are true. He seems like he was planning to run and preparing for it. He had not given up hope. It is heartrending.

Kids are not circus animals to be trotted around for instagram. They all look so much younger than their ages, like the Terpins, so sad what starvation will do to kids.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 380April 1, 2018 4:09 PM

Jenn Hart, supervising the staged photo with a smirk.

The distress of the kid preceded the photo, according to the photographer. He said the kid started sobbing when he was talking to his guardian and that he seemed terrified.

I hope the pets mentioned on FB died of natural causes. Parents who beat and starve a 6 year old have been known to use love for animals and sibs to keep kids in line, esp with the runs to the neighbors. That must have really pissed them off.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 381April 1, 2018 4:14 PM

Twisted!

It's all the fake lives lived on facebook, youtube, too.

A lot of the new agey hippy stuff is empty and fake and about appearances

by Anonymousreply 382April 1, 2018 4:18 PM

You may have a point re the being sent stuff.

Not a cute little kid anymore. Organizing a revolt. Now missing.

Wonder who this was meant for? Seriously would not be surprised if this kid was being pimped out. The grooming is unmistakable and hiding in plain sight.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 383April 1, 2018 4:19 PM

Twisted like this?

Those sick, depraved women. Pimping the kids as shamelessly as Tori Spelling and at least her kids go to school and have FOOD.

The irony of this sign could not have been lost on the kids.

Narcissists can cow little kids but teens are hard as the control slips. CPS should have brought the police. It is messed up that the parents were not even registered as homeschooling, the kids were so public yet off the radar of the systems that nominally protect them. Knocking out the front teeth of a tween? A different kid beaten black and blue leading to all of them being pulled from schools. Moving every time the authorities came? So sad.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 384April 1, 2018 4:25 PM

Maybe the entire family is stuck in a Groundhog Day-type loop, and this was the day they decided to try to end it by driving off a cliff.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 385April 1, 2018 4:30 PM

'A Character Witness named Zippy'

My new band name

by Anonymousreply 386April 1, 2018 4:35 PM

R370 R371 R372 R378 R380 (esp R380) May be repeat posters but they nail it. Isolated kids without support from a diverse community is very ugly. Presenting yourself as a public progressive do gooders when your kid should be in school developing social skills is fucked.

Look no further than the Parkland High School kids - that is good parenting writ large (albeit comfortable middle class families) A sound focus on education, emotional development aided by professional educators have made these kids smart enough, secure enough to Demand an end to school massacres by GOP/Russian/NRA sponsored White Supremacists. THAT is what i call a strong healthy foundation in progressive, balanced ideals for healthier kids. What these 2 women were doing - no matter how noble the intentions - was just misguided and woefully ill planned, underplanned, destructive.

What responsible adult human being adopts 6 kids from Foster care on a Kohl’s salary? Though I seriously believe that being a “Berner” establishes predisposition to form or follow sound policy and practice. See the above.

by Anonymousreply 387April 1, 2018 4:37 PM

R387 here. Should read: “Though I seriously believe that being a “Berner” establishes predisposition or INABILITY to form or follow sound policy and practice. See the above.

by Anonymousreply 388April 1, 2018 4:39 PM

That kid was cute, great set of teeth!

by Anonymousreply 389April 1, 2018 5:08 PM

This is at least the fourth day without a media briefing by authorities. With almost 500 miles driven, and children and dogs in the car, there had to be many pit stops and possibly sightings reported and security videos. There must be a reason authorities are holding off on a briefing and major media outlets refraining from commenting. Would the FBI be involved at this point? Could silence mean that they are trying to protect anyone still alive and locate any accomplices?

by Anonymousreply 390April 1, 2018 5:20 PM

MAYBE the kids were malnourished before they were adopted ? MAYBE that would account for their so called undersized bodies? Though they hardly look starving to me. Again,it saddens me how,before many facts are released,you all have these women as murdering abusive lezzies. Were they sick,or are most of you ?

by Anonymousreply 391April 1, 2018 5:23 PM

R353 says: [italic]Unless they had a massive run up to the edge going 90 mph, the vehicle would not have "launched" far out into the ocean. Some of you must have gone to physics class with Professor Wile E. Coyote.[/italic]

I'm not really sure what you're trying to say. The only way the car would have reached a speed of 90 mph was by having a massive run-up to the edge of the cliff, at which point it would have literally flown quite a way from the cliff. The cliff appears to be pretty much vertical. Had the car simply rolled off or been driven at slow speed, it would have landed pretty much exactly where it did.

by Anonymousreply 392April 1, 2018 5:53 PM

The comment within R270’s post saying they looked happy in photos is so stupid.

by Anonymousreply 393April 1, 2018 6:06 PM

r376 because males are always hungry and if they think they can get more food, would lie without even realizing it.

by Anonymousreply 394April 1, 2018 6:12 PM

and I didn't mean I would just forget about it. I would keep an eye out but wouldn't be so sure he wasn't getting food if he didn't look malnourished.

by Anonymousreply 395April 1, 2018 6:13 PM

[quote]Having someone named “Zippy” as their character witness doesn’t help much.

Fine. So forget Zippy and use Jammie instead.

[quote]“Your friends are killers,” wrote one commenter in response to a post by Jammie Hermans, a friend of the Harts’ who had written a long tribute that called the couple “the example of marriage and parenting that I looked to and wanted to emulate.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 396April 1, 2018 6:18 PM

R391, they were sick.

One red flag doesn’t mean much. Do well-fed kids go cadging food? Yes. Do good parents lose their tempers? Yes. Are there normal people who homeschool? Yes.

There are multiple red flags here. Something was going wrong.

by Anonymousreply 397April 1, 2018 6:21 PM

How do we know that the little girls teeth were knocked out by a parent?

by Anonymousreply 398April 1, 2018 6:36 PM

Unfortunetly the wingnut right will seize on this as case in point to prohibit gay parenting. Some of that is already appearing in this thread. There are also fair concerns being expressed by less agenda driven posters.

by Anonymousreply 399April 1, 2018 6:57 PM

[quote] How do we know that the little girls teeth were knocked out by a parent?

We don't. But the allegation combined with the evidence of the knocked out teeth should be enough for any adult with a brain and a heart to pursue the matter. The neighbors appeared to have shrugged it off, but perhaps CPS was investigating this and other allegations.

by Anonymousreply 400April 1, 2018 7:05 PM

[quote]Why not wait till the cops release all the facts?

Been here long?

by Anonymousreply 401April 1, 2018 7:12 PM

r399 where? I haven't seen any. 2 women, 2 men, a man and a woman. They are all people, some good, some not so good.

by Anonymousreply 402April 1, 2018 7:28 PM

It is not typical for a teen girl to be missing her front teeth and for the parents to do nothing about it, R400. They did not tell the neighbors that her teeth were being worked on, rather that nothing was being done. The child had appeared at the neighboring house seeming terrified in the middle of the night. The victim of the criminal assault had talked of food being withheld and the girl with no front teeth seemed so undersized as to be years younger than her age. One woman had been convicted of criminal assault on one of the kids when she was 6, allegedly the other, stay at home mom was the one who did it, because the child had a penny in her pocket. Also she was the one who posted pedo bait videos, set up faux viral photo shoots and drove the family off a cliff at 90 mph. If a penny in the pocket leads to numerous front and back bruises and sticking the head of the kid in a cold bath, does that sound like someone who would cope with teens well?

by Anonymousreply 403April 1, 2018 7:37 PM

My theory, for what it’s worth (about two cents), is that one of the women was a malignant narcissist and the other was codependent with BPD. The kids were adopted so that they could serve as “look how benevolent we are” props and sources of income. When the narcissist realized that she was going to be exposed and punished, she decided to kill herself and take her mate and adopted children with her.

by Anonymousreply 404April 1, 2018 7:39 PM

Dailey also said the women “expressed some sentiment about not fitting in” to their small town, and said they planned to move. “The kids would get strange looks at school, and the moms would get strange looks in church,” he said.

When the family moved to West Linn, Oregon, neighbor Bill Groener said they were pleasant but very private.

“They were very lovely kids, they smiled a lot. But you couldn’t really have a conversation with them. It was like they had been asked not to,” Groener said. “It seemed like they were pretty controlled.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 405April 1, 2018 7:41 PM

I think it might be something like that, too, R404 . We don't really know both of the women's personalities, but I would bet that one was more controlling

Isn't a "malignant narcissist" also someone with "BPD"

I wonder if anyone really knew either of them. It just seems to be unaware and somewhat distant neighbors/coworkers/festival people

by Anonymousreply 406April 1, 2018 7:45 PM

Looks that way, R404, the one even copped to the crime that the other had committed, according to the victim.

Why is the media not widely reporting on the speedometer pinned at 90?

Regardless of family structure, kids need both men and women as role models. Black kids need to have black people in their lives and the parents neglected that, too. Kids cannot thrive in isolation from peers and from the surrounding culture. People with criminal convictions against their children should never be allowed to home school.

I read a local report that stated that CPS did bring law enforcement on Friday, but that the Hart family did not answer the door. When they pulled up the SUV and had the speedometer at 90, that was likely the basis for a felony and for a search warrant.

Inexperienced parents with little family or social support adopting so many kids, without the income to support them, should never have happened.

by Anonymousreply 407April 1, 2018 7:47 PM

An Olivia* Cruise picked them up and took them to the isle of Sapphos.

by Anonymousreply 408April 1, 2018 7:48 PM

They pulled off the Pacific Highway and drove 75 ft down a dirt road directly leading to the cliff edge. They were doing 90 MPH. No skid marks.

Those poor kids.

by Anonymousreply 409April 1, 2018 7:49 PM

They sure did not choose a MORE DIVERSE area, R405. More isolated seems to have been the goal. It was like a cult of Jenn.

Meanwhile, she overeats and games all day while the kids are punched, starved and uneducated. They did not register with the district, I wonder if they had any curriculum. With electronics kept from the kids it does not sound like online schooling took place.

HTH were these kids being set up for successful adulthood?

by Anonymousreply 410April 1, 2018 7:50 PM

What/which game were they into?

by Anonymousreply 411April 1, 2018 7:53 PM

Obviously lots of issues to explore.

I am curious about the speedometer "pinned" at 90 - what else could cause that? I am not a mechanic but I imagine it's possible something else could have caused the pinning. There was no run-up to the edge. The car was crossing a bridge and then made an immediate right turn maybe 30 feet from the edge- if they are correct on its direction. So would that be enough to get up to 90? Wouldn't the turn have slowed down the car. ther is a photo on line that shows the scene and marks what they believe hapoened.

I am getting sick of the poster with its sicko pedo fetish take on everything. Kids run around in their shorts all the time. Not much different from bathing briefs. I don't really see anything that odd with the Circle Game video. It's rather sweet. Seeing this crazy "pedo bait" shit in everything says more about this poster than the people they accuse. This poster is getting off on these accusations.

I don't like the whole vibe from this family but I am resisting nitpicking every fucking thing. Yes they seem like so many of these typical FB parents showing off their kids left and right. Clearing they seem like stage moms. There are lots of possibilites for everything except the physcial assault and if they really did withhold food as punishment. And, yes, I can see the stay at home mom becoming overwhelmed.

Children with troubled backgrounds or physical or emotional disabilities are a handful when you have ONE. Not sure what made any social services organization think putting SIX in one home was a smart thing to do. Do we know at what ages the kids were each adopted? Stunted physical or emotional issues were most likely set in place before adoption.

We aren't getting the entire story on any of these issues. The physical abuse of the child, Abigail, didn't come about because the child had a penny. It came about because the child had become an incessant liar or maybe a thief - and not just about the presence of a penny. Getting frustrated because of a penny is irrational. Getting frustrated because you don't know what to do about a child who can't stop lying and may be stealing - with all the attendant harm that may cause the child, you or others - is normal. Seeking an appropriate punishment is normal. Beating your child til they are bruised is NOT normal. Parental physical discipline is not illegal or considered child abuse. Causing marks from such discipline is considered abuse and is illegal.

We don't know anything about the missing teeth. The child may have fears of dentists or maybe they needed implants and they were waiting until she was a certain age.

The reality of present times is that parents do urge their children to be cautious out of their presence. As in "don't talk to strangers." So I don't find it odd that they weren't completely open with neighbors. We also need to remember they were children from troubled backgrounds or with disabilities so we don't know to what extent these issues existed before.

I tend to believe it's very possible that Jennifer, the stay at home mom, may have been the out of control mom and that Sarah took the blame. They would have had to, however, convince the prosecution and the judge taking the guilty plea that the wrong mom was accused by the child. That's not unheard of - I've seen many cases where the police or whoever took the report got it wrong and confused the victim's narrative. Happens all the time.

While I find these people to be obnoxious and possibly worse I just don't have the facts I need to make a judgment that they were the monsters some people are suggesting. Obviously if the cliff stunt was deliberate then someone snapped - or one or both decided to end it for them all.

by Anonymousreply 412April 1, 2018 7:57 PM

R404, I concur.

by Anonymousreply 413April 1, 2018 8:04 PM

No, I am not getting off on finding the video odd and concerning, it is not something parents of tween boys post, esp when they are complaining about attention to the boy and the family. Prompting a young boy to hug on adult men in public a lot is also unusual. The zebra costume was strange too.

Black young men face a lot of challenges in this culture, not educating him, isolating him from peers and training him to engage in prompted physical intimacy with strange white men was doing him no favors as a career or life strategy. Your vehemence about how sweet it is says a lot about you. Shared with grandma, sure. Posted publicly after that staged photo, nope. No black men in his life to serve as role models? Not buying this grooming as any better parenting than driving off a cliff in a runner from CPS.

by Anonymousreply 414April 1, 2018 8:08 PM

R411, I was wondering the same thing. I looked at the profile of the person on Reddit who had been in the same guild and they had a posted quite a bit about Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes. There's someone whose screen name is "Hart/HartAttack" in the same guild so I'm guessing this may be the one.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 415April 1, 2018 8:09 PM

The cops did not get it wrong this time, R412, there was a deliberate attempt made to shift the focus off of Jenn, the stay at home mother. It is possible that she was the only legal parent? Minimizing her interactions with the 6 kids would have been wise, rather than pulling them all out of school so the pesky teachers could not report bruises. The kid was cast as a liar to discredit her identification of Jenn. Had the kids stayed in school and had Jenn gotten a job, the financial stress would also have been lessened, of course the abuse would have had to stop.

by Anonymousreply 416April 1, 2018 8:12 PM

Is there any info on what time of day or night this happened? Maybe they got stuck in coastal fog, didn't see the turn or where they were going until it was too late?

by Anonymousreply 417April 1, 2018 8:17 PM

All the hypocrisy, the no electronics and both moms avid gamers, the no sugar and both moms quite well fed, the kumbaya and beating a first grader black and blue, social media sure is something, huh? Good going on finding the guild. Anyone find a Patron account?

by Anonymousreply 418April 1, 2018 8:17 PM

Here's a diagram of what they believe happened.

R416, that's possible. But I can't see the authorities interested in shifting the blame. But I wonder why the mothers would have sacrificed the only working mother and risk their future livelihood. And that is certainly what they did by having Sarah plead guilty.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 419April 1, 2018 8:21 PM

Good graphic, r412. If they were drifting off the road, they would have gone off in a different spot. Just looking at that scene gives me anxiety.

by Anonymousreply 420April 1, 2018 8:23 PM

They worked out the plea so another serious assault charge was dropped, R419, avoiding any time served. The docs were posted online somewhere. It is possible that Jenn was the one who was the legal parent of the kids, thus making Sarah taking the blame more appealing? If Jenn had been convicted, maybe they feared losing custody? Which in hindsight, would have been a better outcome, at least they might be alive.

by Anonymousreply 421April 1, 2018 8:25 PM

what did the mother do for a living?

by Anonymousreply 422April 1, 2018 8:25 PM

As far as the speedometer being "pinned at 90," someone on another message board who knew something about relevant engineering suggested that the driver had the gas pedal pushed down all the way, and the engine would continue to speed up without resistance during the fall, which might explain the thought that it wasn't enough space to work up to that speed before the fall over the cliff.

by Anonymousreply 423April 1, 2018 8:26 PM

One worked as a manager at Kohls, the other did not work. She was a big gamer though, and supposedly homeschooled the children.

by Anonymousreply 424April 1, 2018 8:27 PM

Before I read this thread, and all the grisly details you generous souls have posted, I want to say I hate these 2 cunts with a searing hatred of 1000 suns. I hate all these homeschooling narcissistic whack jobs! Homeschooling must be banned!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 425April 1, 2018 8:30 PM

Thanks, R423. This is so sad and quite enraging. These poor kids never got a break. 3 may have been murdered elsewhere or may have been washed out to sea. The abuser was not going to let their fake life be exposed or lose her victims.

This is not some good parent, distraught over a loss of job and eviction snapping, this was someone evil over a long period of time.

The photos had gotten much less frequent, the kids were not so young and cute and perhaps they were less cooperative?

by Anonymousreply 426April 1, 2018 8:31 PM

They like homeschooling and adopting because it means fewer kids in the system the state has to pay for.

by Anonymousreply 427April 1, 2018 8:33 PM

Who is they?

by Anonymousreply 428April 1, 2018 8:34 PM

In R106 they are all emaciated.

by Anonymousreply 429April 1, 2018 8:36 PM

That email from Jennifer upthread, she sounds batshit and frantic.

by Anonymousreply 430April 1, 2018 8:40 PM

Are you a parent R412 ?

I would never upload a video of my young son bare chested and dancing in his underwear to YouTube. Show some adult judgement and know that you're opening your child up to the wrong sort of attention.

Until they find the other three kids, I'm holding out hope they escaped and are hiding out somewhere with a stockpile of tortillas and peanut butter.

by Anonymousreply 431April 1, 2018 8:40 PM

This might be them, too

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 432April 1, 2018 8:44 PM

they look fine in the pictures.

by Anonymousreply 433April 1, 2018 8:44 PM

I was mercilessly assaulted by kwaps down on Fremont. 42 heading west. Nine inches rain. Full on. Gung ho.

by Anonymousreply 434April 1, 2018 8:46 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 435April 1, 2018 8:48 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 436April 1, 2018 8:50 PM

Ok I am mid thread and wanted to post. About the very creepy people posting on this thread to defend these 2 cunts. The whole affair was dark from the get go. Who are these freaks coming here to defend these wackjobs?

by Anonymousreply 437April 1, 2018 8:56 PM

KGW TV in Portland has a slight update from California Highway Patrol 30 min ago

-- Greg Baarts, Acting Assistant Chief for CHP, Northern Division, confirmed that the speedometer of the Hart family's SUV, which was found crushed at the bottom of a California roadside cliff on Monday, March 26, was pinned at 90 mph, but Baarts cautioned that finding is not conclusive because a full investigation still needs to be conducted.

"It was documented at the time of the crash, the vehicle was 'pinned' or was traveling at '90 mph.' However, that information is not conclusive or factual. The speedometer could have moved at impact or somehow was manipulated.

"While it has been documented that the car was traveling at 90 mph upon impact, it is not conclusive whatsoever. We do have reason to believe, however, that the crash was intentional. This is all based on preliminary information," Baarts said.

It is safe to report that a felony may have been committed in this case," Baarts said.

Baarts said items were retrieved from the home during the search, including computers, credit cards and bank statements. But Baart said CHP cannot confirm at this time that a suicide note was retrieved from the home.

Baarts said CHP, Northern Division and the Mendocino County Sheriff's Office are working together on the investigation of the fatal crash. Currently, they are attempting to determine a time line, path of travel and whether the family made any stops.

Investigators are continuing their search Sunday and are in touch with family and friends, Baarts said.

Editor's note: This story initially said Jennifer Hart was driving the SUV. Greg Baarts, Acting Assistant Chief for CHP, Northern Division, said he could not speculate as to which woman was driving the vehicle. --

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 438April 1, 2018 8:58 PM

Were they hiding food?

by Anonymousreply 439April 1, 2018 8:59 PM

I. can't. stand. it. when. people. type. like. this. to make a point. That facebook post is very domineering that Jen posted. Ugh

by Anonymousreply 440April 1, 2018 9:01 PM

There's a family on youtube in Arizona who have adopted almost 20 kids in the space of 5 years or so. I was amazed to see the state seemingly just kept giving them kids.

by Anonymousreply 441April 1, 2018 9:01 PM

Is R412 a homeschooling Frau in our midst, with her back up? Very creepy posts, there.

by Anonymousreply 442April 1, 2018 9:04 PM

It's alleged that Jen is 10 years older than Sarah so that would make her 48 and Sarah 38. Here's a video i watched. He is wrong about the tire tracks though. They were from the tow truck

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 443April 1, 2018 9:10 PM

R437, I don't remember anyone "defending" them as much as questioning what we still don't know. Plenty of stupid parents out there who make mistakes with their kids - that doesn't equate to knowing abuse or deliberate neglect.

And, R431, since I am an adult with professional experience in this field I can judge that your overreaction to some of the youtube vids is bordering on paranoia. Children swimming and playing around and even bathing before bedtime are all over youtube. Sick people don't even need that kind of photo to fuel their fetish. Fully clothed photos are as satisfying to them. You are free to take what you consider necessary precautions with your own family. But you have no business condemning others who don't have the same fear levels you do.

I hope you are right that some of the missing were not in that car. I fear you're not though.

Fuck off, R442. What's the matter? Can't handle anyone disagreeing with your precious self and your kneejerk opinions? I don't even approve of homeschooling unless there is some medical reason for it. Keep trying.

by Anonymousreply 444April 1, 2018 9:13 PM

The speedometer in the car of a Woodland family who died in a crash on the California coastline was “pinned” at 90 mph, indicating to officers the vehicle was running and in motion just prior to hitting the rocks below, according to court documents. Court documents state California Highway Patrol investigators found no “acceleration marks, tire friction marks or braking furrow marks” at the scene. Investigators said there was no evidence the car collided with the embankment as it “traversed towards the tidal zone below.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 445April 1, 2018 9:19 PM

Why is there not some type of guard rail at that spot? Some time ago we contemplated moving to CA. I used a street view site to go down that highway and others in CA. Those roads are crazy, with that deep plunge on the side, it looked like there wasn't always guard rails and then there are the rock slides. Saw those on the Caltrans site. When out there we were told the Pacific Coast Highway was a haunted road due to all the cars that have gone over. Move there? No way!

by Anonymousreply 446April 1, 2018 9:23 PM

The pics and hugging are creepy. Devonte was not a kid! He was 15 years old.

by Anonymousreply 447April 1, 2018 9:29 PM

The car did not go off at a curve. She made a 90 degree turn, drove across a pull off, accelerated over a berm and to deliberately drove to their deaths. The police have now announced that they believe it was intentional.

That said, I would not want to drive on that road either.

Those poor kids, terrorized their whole lives. I hope that they were asleep.

by Anonymousreply 448April 1, 2018 9:29 PM

R447, true. And evil abuser Jenn was witnessed to prompt the hugging on strange men, she can even be heard on videos directing him to do so. She beat a 6 year old black and blue, starved them, and pimped him on social media. Not too far of a reach to think that she was grooming, at minimum. Was not like he was getting an education to prepare him for some other career.

Each of the moves was prompted by contact from the authorities. They spun it differently to the neighbors but attempts to help drove the isolation further. Incredibly tragic.

Wonder how much tax $ they got per month while the kids were starved? 8 people in a small 3 bedroom house? No school or peers to release some of the pressure.

by Anonymousreply 449April 1, 2018 9:34 PM

So there is some type of berm between the pull in and the edge of the cliff? In photos it didn't appear there was a berm.

by Anonymousreply 450April 1, 2018 9:36 PM

That is how it was described by the police R450. Some earth may have been moved or compressed by pulling the SUV back up and over? They are calling it intentional.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 451April 1, 2018 9:37 PM

I think I have correctly identified R444 as a homeschooling frau. Or at least a quite strange woman. If R444 is a gay man, i would be quite surprised.

by Anonymousreply 452April 1, 2018 9:50 PM

A police affidavit to get a search warrant is never taken as gospel. It is written with a deliberate slant to get that warrant approved. Calling them court documents doesn't enhance their reliability..

But the link at R445 has some useful comments about the area by those who claim to travel it.

For instance,

"Shaking or twisting a speedometer will make the needle move. The reading after a crash means nothing."

or

"Agreed. I have done a number of instrument cluster swaps on similar vintage GM vehicles - removing stock 100mph speedometers and replacing with 120mph ones from premium vehicles. I learned that a needle at max MPH does NOT return to zero at power-on. If this vehicle was upside down or sideways after the accident, gravity could have easily pulled the needle to the max and it would appear 'pinned'. "

by Anonymousreply 453April 1, 2018 9:52 PM

R444 - Anyone with a normal IQ and normal socialisation opened this story and realised quickly we are dealing with INSANE CRUEL parents who abused their kids and murdered them. DAFUQ is your diagnosis?

by Anonymousreply 454April 1, 2018 9:58 PM

yeah, i mean what 12 year old boy wants to be seen dancing in their underwear and posted on youtube? no matter how "innocent" it appears, it's creepy and bad parenting.

by Anonymousreply 455April 1, 2018 10:02 PM

I mean really. Creepy creepy creepy.

by Anonymousreply 456April 1, 2018 10:04 PM

Cops in this area are hillbillies. They need SF cops to take over the investigat ion or bring in the Feds.

by Anonymousreply 457April 1, 2018 10:07 PM

It sure will not make anyone less dead, R456.

Not sure why the pedo apologist is presumed to be a woman? There is a whole NAMBLA defense squad on DL.

by Anonymousreply 458April 1, 2018 10:13 PM

Meant R457.

That the kid was crying when hugging these men makes my skin crawl. And those are the pictures that are public.

by Anonymousreply 459April 1, 2018 10:14 PM

"Free Hugs" = a social media stunt which sends an emotionally damaged boy to solicit intimate contact with adult strangers

by Anonymousreply 460April 1, 2018 10:43 PM

he is always photographed with that Free Hugs sign

same with the "transmoms" putting their kids in the media, youtube, facebook etc. They get signs, too.

by Anonymousreply 461April 1, 2018 10:46 PM

Any possibility the three kids escaped, and the mothers feared they would go to the authorities, so they Thelma and Louise’d the rest? Or that the moms somehow figured out some of the kids had told on them and decided without those six paychecks they couldn’t maintain their lifestyle, so why go on?

I can’t help but wonder if one or more of the kids threatened them with discovery. The kids must not have known what was going to happen or they wouldn’t have gotten into the car.

by Anonymousreply 462April 1, 2018 10:48 PM

Sarah was supposedly an assistant store manager at Kohls. That would not seem to pay enough to support 8 people.

Jennifer looks far older than Sarah, she is reported to be the same age, and alternatively as 10 years older. I find the latter more believable.

What kind of time commitment would be required to be the leader in a gaming guild?

The 19 year old man was also isolated, no indication of community college work, even online, a drivers license, etc. What was the endgame when these kids were not cute preschoolers? If they were getting SSI it might not end at 18. It would include medical care but it does not appear the kids got that either.

Moving around to avoid CPS should not be so easy. People who plead guilty to punching a first grade girl and sticking her head under cold water should NEVER be allowed to homeschool.

by Anonymousreply 463April 1, 2018 10:50 PM

maybe when they found out CPS had been called, one of them was so enraged she beat Devonte, and had the kids get in the SUV to claim they were taking him to the hospital. Maybe he died from the beating and they said fuck it and drove over the cliff.

by Anonymousreply 464April 1, 2018 10:52 PM

A utuber referred to above who analyzes certain crimes and posted earlier about this case, just added an update. Never watched him before, he's very good at using Google Earth to show possible trajectories.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 465April 1, 2018 10:57 PM

The poster who keeps pushing the "pedophile grooming" scenario( 35 posts so far) is a mental case. And I agree with the person up thread who said that her fixation about this says a lot more about her(I feel quite confident that it is a woman) than it does about the 2 mothers. She also seems preoccupied with the horror of Devonte being encouraged to "hug up" on white men. She doesn't like the fact that he had no black male mentors and the fact that he was forced to dance to hippie music such as Joni Mitchell and Cat Stevens.

Of course she is right. It was wrong that the 5 year old drinking and smoking vulnerable child who only spoke a few words, one of which was fuck, was given into foster care of two white lesbians. This child who was born addicted to drugs would have been far better off with the people in his natural community which allowed his fate to become a living reality. Had he been left with his blood family, I bet he would have had many black males "mentoring" him.

This case is tragic, and I weep for Devonte and the 5 others. But it is naïve and wrong headed to suggest that these children had much of a chance for a successful, happy life under any circumstances. They were born with 2 outs and no one on base. The women were likely extremely flawed parents, but the idea that they were pimping Devonte out by taping his dancing and displaying the vids on You Tube is beyond absurd. I don't know what is the problem with a zebra costume, and as others have pointed out, his dance in his boxer briefs was not revealing any more than shorts.

I suspect that, and black twitter seems to bear this out, many black people do not like black children being adopted by whites; and they especially don't like them being adopted by gay whites. They would much rather these special needs, at risk kids be adopted by the throngs of black folk reaching out to love and take them in.

Oh wait....

by Anonymousreply 466April 1, 2018 11:02 PM

I don't think they were pimping Devonte out by posting the dancing video. I think that they were so insulated that they didn't see anything wrong with it. They were naive and lived in a idyllic bubble that popped. They were self absorbed women that struggled to maintain their hippie dippy image. Raising 6 special needs kids is no picnic, i'm sure. The kids needed way more than free hug signs. If they had their pre-teen daughter dancing in her bra and underwear and posted on youtube CPS would have been called instantly.

by Anonymousreply 467April 1, 2018 11:11 PM

R462, I’d love to believe the scenario that the three kids escaped and they’re off the grid.

What I think happened is more sinister.

RIP, kids.

by Anonymousreply 468April 1, 2018 11:12 PM

r419, i think that diagram is off. Aren't they supposed to head north , CA to WA ? That diagram shows their car is southbound.

by Anonymousreply 469April 1, 2018 11:19 PM

According to NBC, an official statement will be issued tomorrow Monday.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 470April 1, 2018 11:19 PM

Plenty of men are super creeped out by the Nemo video, for good reason.

Tariq Nasheed ‏ Verified account

@tariqnasheed Mar 29 More This looks like those women had those kids involved in some type of pedophilia activities. This is how pedophiles and child sex rings "advertise" to one another. The film "An Open Secret" discussed this

by Anonymousreply 471April 1, 2018 11:20 PM

Oh please, R471. Let’s not make this even worse than the bleakest horror that it already is.

by Anonymousreply 472April 1, 2018 11:22 PM

Tariq Nasheed?. Thank you for making my point as to black folks who hate the idea of white anything, much less white gays adopting black children.

Any word from Umar Johnson yet? Professor Griff? Blackchild?

by Anonymousreply 473April 1, 2018 11:26 PM

It is clear in the videos that there is no berm at the pull in. There should be a rail of some kind.

by Anonymousreply 474April 1, 2018 11:30 PM

How did these two fucked up cunts get their hands on so many kids? Obviously these kids were in a terrible situation. Why didn't anybody do anything about it? These stories are so heartbreaking.

by Anonymousreply 475April 1, 2018 11:34 PM

The authorities say it was a DELIBERATE MURDER/suicide, R474.

by Anonymousreply 476April 1, 2018 11:34 PM

[quote] 'A Character Witness named Zippy'

I wondered whatever happened to him. Back in the day he was a pretty big star. Comedian, athlete, author, and rumored lover of Dorothy Kilgallen.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 477April 1, 2018 11:36 PM

So many mysterious crazy stories now. This, the Turpin case, the missing CDC guy, the branding cult, the girls on the bridge in Indiana....

by Anonymousreply 478April 1, 2018 11:42 PM

It was 2 sibling groups, R476. People did try, there were calls to authorities everywhere they lived. That is what prompted the homeschooling and moves and this final family annihilation

It is horrific, as are attempts to defend the women or to defend their sick parenting.

After Sarah pled guilty to a criminal charge of assaulting one child, age 6, the family cut off extended family and friends who criticized their parenting approach. They left the state soon after. Allegedly, it was Jenn, the stay at home gamer guild mom who was the one who punched the 6 year old, starved her and held her head under cold water. Imagine how terrifying it must have been to be trapped in that house with no contact with the outside world.

Defending the sexualizing of Devonte is like appreciating the Terpins fashion sense. Bizzare. Like the Terpins, the kids looked much younger due to starvation. Meanwhile Jenn is tubby herself and the pets seemed well cared for. They were not living on one salary from Kohls, they were getting tax $ but without oversight of any kind. I hope that they are burning in hell for eternity. The best case scenario is that the kids were asleep. Devonte was trying to stockpile food, he wanted to live. He may have been trying to feed his siblings. When the people around you seem off, hope that intervention helps.

by Anonymousreply 479April 1, 2018 11:43 PM

This story reminds me of “The Virgin Suicides”. The crazy controlling parents, the increasing isolation, the resignation of the trapped children. And the pivotal rebellion that forces the parents to double down on their oppression to a fatal degree.

It felt familiar and I finally pinned down what it reminded me of.

by Anonymousreply 480April 1, 2018 11:44 PM

Neither here nor there, but I haven't seen it mentioned here yet that they were adopted in Texas as two sibling groups: Markis, Abigail and Hannah in 2006 and Devonte, Jeremiah and Sierra in 2009.

Some of the articles are calling Jeremiah and Abigail twins, I suppose because they were both fourteen.

by Anonymousreply 481April 1, 2018 11:46 PM

Why would someone F&F R480?

by Anonymousreply 482April 1, 2018 11:47 PM

R480 isn't greyed out on my screen, R482

by Anonymousreply 483April 1, 2018 11:50 PM

It is showing as having the F&F button pushed for me, your post too. But not all of them. Weird.

by Anonymousreply 484April 1, 2018 11:56 PM

I think that means you used up all of your F&Fs. We only get some, then they are used until you get more.

by Anonymousreply 485April 1, 2018 11:58 PM

[quote] Baarts said items were retrieved from the home during the search, including computers, credit cards and bank statements. But Baart said CHP cannot confirm at this time that a suicide note was retrieved from the home.

I wonder if the suicide note will be a part of tomorrow's big reveal.

Still hoping the missing kids are found alive and well.

by Anonymousreply 486April 1, 2018 11:59 PM

Not all the posts are F&F and I did not F&F either of those posters? So, mystery.

Like where those other poor kids are...

Glad that authorities are still trying to fill in a timeline. I am still hoping that one or more of the missing teens ran ahead of time or got away on the trip.

by Anonymousreply 487April 2, 2018 12:02 AM

"So many mysterious crazy stories now. This, the Turpin case, the missing CDC guy, the branding cult, the girls on the bridge in Indiana...."

I already forgot about CDC guy. I'm obsessed with that branding cult (there are so many intricacies) - it's just so bizarre, creepy. The girls on the bridge in Indiana is still the most heart breaking mystery.

Has anyone found either of these women's social media accounts?

by Anonymousreply 488April 2, 2018 12:09 AM

The black-haired white kid in the background on the far right in R149's pic looks like he could be a Turpin kid. See what I mean?

And I can't get over how both these creepy "Flowers in the Attic" families were photographed wearing Dr. Seuss "Thing 1, Thing 2," etc. shirts. Next time I see a FB or IG pic of a homeschooled family where they're all wearing matching/coordinating outfits (and the oldest kid is over grade school age), I'm gonna call CPS.

by Anonymousreply 489April 2, 2018 12:14 AM

The car was found UPSIDE DOWN in the sea. The 2003 GMC trucks and SUVs all have analog speedometers; ergo, if the speedometer is UPSIDE DOWN, it's entirely possible for the needle to peg at 90, even if the car had simply rolled off the cliff. I question the brain trust in Mendocino County who haven't figured this out yet.

NO WAY was that Yukon going 90 mph when it went over that cliff. No effing way.

by Anonymousreply 490April 2, 2018 12:16 AM

They are saying a variety of things could have influenced the speedometer, R490.

I am guessing that a note was found in the house.

by Anonymousreply 491April 2, 2018 12:20 AM

R488, I wasn’t able to find their FB accounts yesterday, but tried again today and found both. I’m guessing someone made them private. Can’t see anything much on Sarah’s and Jen’s is completely private.

by Anonymousreply 492April 2, 2018 12:23 AM

R465, thanks for that link to the YouTube video. I've been looking for something like that in general.

by Anonymousreply 493April 2, 2018 12:25 AM

All the kids have those syrupy Barnie the Dinosaur smiles.

by Anonymousreply 494April 2, 2018 12:29 AM

R476, okay deliberate murder. Maybe, just maybe, if there was a rail it might have stopped the vehicle. A rail might also prevent someone in driving in the dense fogs that happen in those parts to not go over, either. Murder or not, there still needs to be a rail.

by Anonymousreply 495April 2, 2018 12:30 AM

Six teenagers have bundles of energy, especially when they don't have any computers to keep them occupied. Did they ever play sports or other activities? If they had any kind of physical disabilities, i'm sure they had classes and teams for special needs kids. And why the hell was Jen in a gaming guild with six kids? who has time for that?

by Anonymousreply 496April 2, 2018 12:33 AM

Cannot really stop an adult set on family annihilation, sadly, they use so many methods. All the prior attempts at intervention were easily evaded by moving. There are lots of these families out there with huge numbers of adopted kids with multiple issues and disabilities. They need to be checked on.

Changing the law so that adults who have a conviction for child abuse cannot home school might save lives.

Social media seems to be fueling this stuff, like the Terpins, they seem to have been hoping for a reality show.

That road looks terrifying. There are guard rails for much of it, but the pull off berm referred to does not seem very substantial, that is for sure.

by Anonymousreply 497April 2, 2018 12:37 AM

R492, I found them both. Yeah, mostly locked down. Absolutely nothing on Jennifers but you can see some photos on Sara's page. I'm these women's same age, and a lez living in Minnesota. Sure enough we have some connected friends on Facebook, one person I went to high school with.

by Anonymousreply 498April 2, 2018 12:38 AM

R498, can you try to verify the age of Jenn? It has been reported that she is, in fact, 10 years older than Sarah? She does look older. If she was perimenopausal, that can really make abusers even more unstable.

by Anonymousreply 499April 2, 2018 12:42 AM

like the Turpins, I wonder who took the photos?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 500April 2, 2018 12:52 AM

This situation is tragic beyond comprehension. Ghouls abound and that YouTube guy is the biggest ghoul creepy dude ever. I watched a short clip - can identify Sarah from Jenn and then his rocks. Just STOP exploiting tragedies. At least these creeps are leaving the L word out of it.

by Anonymousreply 501April 2, 2018 12:53 AM

Driving on 101 through Big Sur back in '92 in a rainstorm in the middle of the night. Came around a corner and smack in front of us was a boulder the size of our car. Driver just missed it, swerved and hit another smaller rock and busted a tire.

That road scares the crap out of me to this day.

Didn't they just have a huge landslide that closed it for months within the past couple years?

Suicide psycho moms or not, they should do more to shore that road up and put up more barriers.

by Anonymousreply 502April 2, 2018 12:55 AM

R499, not able at all to see or determine any ages. I think she does look older in pics though.

by Anonymousreply 503April 2, 2018 12:56 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 504April 2, 2018 12:58 AM

What “relatives” identified the bodies?

It seems as though they were estranged from everyone. Did the childrens’ birth families identify them? Did the Harts’s families fly to CA from MN to identify them?

by Anonymousreply 505April 2, 2018 1:07 AM

One of the articles said that they cut friends and family off after they tried to object to their approach to parenting, following the criminal conviction. Her plea caused another charge to be dropped, else she may have faced jail time. It could have been a catalyst for change, not doubling down. Incredibly sad.

A lot of the pics seemed to have been taken by photographers at the festivals and events they attended.

Still cannot imagine living with 8 people in a 3 bedroom with the kids not allowed outside or to go to school.

by Anonymousreply 506April 2, 2018 1:20 AM

I often feel like these adopt a ton of troubled kids parents have some form of Munchausen by proxy. Esp when they adopt many of them. These parents don’t want what’s best for these kids, they want to look like martyrs to get attention.

And it should be illegal to homeschool kids without certain ratios and adequate space. And there should be required events these homeschooled kids and parents need to attend with the school district they reside in. Too easy to hide starving and abused kids.

by Anonymousreply 507April 2, 2018 1:41 AM

Thelma and Louise was playing on tv last week. I'm just sayin....

by Anonymousreply 508April 2, 2018 1:51 AM

Really curious if Jenn was misrepresenting her age by a decade? In the last few years in particular she looks much older than Sarah. I have seen posts online by people who went to school with Sarah but none who knew young Jenn. Wonder if her entire personal was fabricated? Also wonder if Hart was the surname of one or adopted as part of their love crusade. The irony of these frauds pushing free love by kids while punching and waterboarding a 6 year old. Evil every which way. These collector type situations through adoption need to be outlawed.

by Anonymousreply 509April 2, 2018 2:04 AM

R508 Detective Da Ta Lounge in the house.

by Anonymousreply 510April 2, 2018 2:05 AM

Since they were starving the kids why in hell weren't those children taken away from them? One of the girls showed up at a neighbor's house; she was so malnourished he thought she was seven years old when in fact she was a teenager. Her front teeth were missing; the excuse for that was that she lost them in an accident but didn't want to get them fixed. WTF? The teeth were probably missing due to neglect ( I doubt these children got regular dental visits) or were knocked out by a blow to the mouth, probably from one of the Mommy Dearests. And what teenage girl WOULD'NT want to have missing teeth replaced? Again I ask: WHY were these children not removed from this abusive home? And now they're all dead. I hope the Mommy Dearests are burning in hell.

by Anonymousreply 511April 2, 2018 2:12 AM

I knew Foster Mom who regularly had 8 kids or more, but they went in and out. She was an evil villain and big liar who fought with everyone.

by Anonymousreply 512April 2, 2018 2:22 AM

I'm not a pediatric dentist, but tooth decay doesn't target the front teeth, but a fist does. Also, I haven't seen any photos of a smiling toothless girl in the family photos. If she was punched in the mouth, the brief timeline of having them knocked out, seeking help from the neighbor, and having them repaired makes sense. This family had to keep up appearances.

by Anonymousreply 513April 2, 2018 2:24 AM

The neighbors did finally call, and they did a runner, as they had the prior 2 times they were investigated. One had a criminal conviction for child abuse and when her probation ended they moved and pulled the kids out of school entirely. The kids should have been removed at that point.

So incredibly sad.

Even with state $, living on one salary from Kohls had to be tight. Did Jenn ever work? She could not risk doing so and having the kids tell, I guess. They cut off family and friends who tried to intervene after the conviction.

You can see how skinny the kids are and they were often dressed in layers to hide it. The photos really dwindled in the last few years, things must have gotten worse.

Jennifer referring to Sarah being rear ended and them almost becoming homeless was strange. What were they going to do for money if the kids grew up and left? Or was no education or services or therapy supposed to keep them disabled and dependent?

by Anonymousreply 514April 2, 2018 2:24 AM

The self important FB post demonstrates blaming others; the social media posts craving attention through the kids. Two white ladies choosing two sets of black kids to adopt means they want everyone to know the kids are adopted.

I don’t know anyone with a conviction for child abuse. Stop trying to defend them- that is not okay.

by Anonymousreply 515April 2, 2018 2:35 AM

It is all so stagy and culty. Beautiful photography though. I hope those kids were asleep and I hope those women suffer for eternity. They were human beings not disposable props! The sick fucks defending or extolling them should be ASHAMED.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 516April 2, 2018 2:41 AM

DL detectives are very poor so far in this case. For instance the cops have stated the event MAY have been intentional. Not that it most definitely was intentional as stated in posts above.

by Anonymousreply 517April 2, 2018 2:47 AM

My guess is that a note was found in the home.

by Anonymousreply 518April 2, 2018 2:52 AM

[quote]I have seen posts online by people who went to school with Sarah but none who knew young Jenn.

"Jammie" grew up with Jenn. You can see her starting at 1:12 in the video linked below. She looks closer to 38 than 48 to me, but I'm not the best judge of frauenage.

[quote]Hermans knew Jenn for more than 20 years. They grew up together in South Dakota.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 519April 2, 2018 2:52 AM

Is the AA community commenting about the white women adopting black kids and then killing them?

by Anonymousreply 520April 2, 2018 2:56 AM

African Americans are talking about ...

the trendiness of adopting blacks

many point out that black children are on the market because there's a shortage of black foster parents

references to the horror movie "Get Out" and parallels of mind-controlling cults

outrage that white women were given the benefit of the doubt so many times now that their history of abuse has come to light

the creepy factor of Devonte hugging grown men

outrage at CPS as yet another case "fell through the cracks"

by Anonymousreply 521April 2, 2018 3:03 AM

R520, I’ve seen comments to that effect. On the heavy.com site and Reddit.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 522April 2, 2018 3:07 AM

The government, R258

by Anonymousreply 523April 2, 2018 3:10 AM

There"s not enough funding for CPS. Who doesn't already know this and that it will only get worse under Trump who hates social programs and abortion?

by Anonymousreply 524April 2, 2018 3:10 AM

FUCK THOSE WOMEN

The Associated Press ‏ Verified account

@AP 31m31 minutes ago More BREAKING: California Highway Patrol: Evidence shows the SUV carrying family was stopped then accelerated straight off cliff

by Anonymousreply 525April 2, 2018 3:11 AM

Xavier Rudd had a two-minute on-stage interaction with Devonte and now he's being blamed for not rescuing the innocent minorities from their mothers' agenda:

[quote]Didn’t you sense anything was off when those women used Devonte (and the others) as a way of exploitation for gain of attention?

[quote]The concept of ‘Free Hugs’ is cool & all, but you and others should really take responsibility for turning a blind eye to something so blatantly obvious. These children were VICTIMS and experienced injustice to the highest degree.

[quote]I’m sorry but there was nothing magical about that video of that boy hugging and crying on you. That was suspect and very telling as an “image” of these women’s pushed agenda that involved innocent minorities. But you were Stevie Wonder to the shenanigans?

[quote]don’t want my comments to be misconstrued as starting drama, but myself and others felt the need to point out the truth. And we hope you wake up to see it for what it was too.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 526April 2, 2018 3:12 AM

Unlike the Pope, I believe in Hell and I hope these women suffer unimaginable horrors. Fuck them and their sick child collecting. Punching a first grader black and blue, starving the kids, teaching a young boy to have no boundaries, then this unspeakable end. FUCK THEM and the sick assholes defending them or saying the world needs more people like them. They did the world a favor offing themselves but those kids deserved a CHANCE.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 527April 2, 2018 3:15 AM

I think the two Mommies did a Thelma and Louise stunt; rather than own up to the abuse and neglect and be revealed as they cunts they really were they decided "let's keep goin'!" and drove over the cliff, taking all their precious little ones with them. I really do think that movie was the inspiration for what they did.

by Anonymousreply 528April 2, 2018 3:15 AM

No gaming in federal prison.

Sick bitches.

CPS records need to be searchable across the country. Moving should not allow you to skip off the radar. People with a child abuse conviction should NEVER be allowed to homeschool.

Exploitative parenting and child collecting - people need to get over this, and over the white savior bullshit too. It is sick when Tori Spelling sells photos for cash, or when Huma A does it but in this case those kids were in desperate need of immediate help. Everyone was too busy virtue signalling to consider that and that needs to change.

by Anonymousreply 529April 2, 2018 3:21 AM

Oops wrote the wrong number and can't find the post that asked the question, but "they" is the various levels of government

by Anonymousreply 530April 2, 2018 3:23 AM

I wonder how they could figure that out at R525

by Anonymousreply 531April 2, 2018 3:26 AM

I wonder if they told the kids to take their seatbelts off because they were going to get out, then floored it. Then again, maybe seatbelts are a tool of the state and they never had to wear them. Or, best case scenario, they were drugged.

I can't wait to see what the apologists come up with to explain away this new development.

by Anonymousreply 532April 2, 2018 3:27 AM

The black box.

by Anonymousreply 533April 2, 2018 3:27 AM

Fuck ANYONE suggesting the children were lying about starving and having their teeth knocked out.

This slovenly cunt Jenn sat around getting fat and playing fucking computer games whilst depriving these black children of an education, of peers, of FOOD, of privacy, of life skills and filming them as a fucking hippie dippie sugar-free rainbow family.

Fuck her white saviour complex and fuck anyone defending her because she’s a lesbian.

by Anonymousreply 534April 2, 2018 3:28 AM

the SUV carrying family was stopped then accelerated straight off cliff

What a sad shame. I suppose the best we can hope is the kids were asleep.

by Anonymousreply 535April 2, 2018 3:28 AM

During a telephone press conference with media Sunday night, CHP said the Hart family SUV's on-board computer shows that the vehicle stopped at the pullout and then accelerated over the cliff, a distance of about 70 feet. The CHP spokesperson described it as: "Pure acceleration all the way."

by Anonymousreply 536April 2, 2018 3:29 AM

[quote]the vehicle stopped at the pullout

That's when they held hands.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 537April 2, 2018 3:31 AM

The hippy singer dude will live after a bit of education, too bad the kids will not have a chance.

He did have the grace to look a bit concerned, as did the drummer. Maybe they will call next time.

The girl with her teeth knocked out is the one who smiles with her mouth closed in the more recent family photos. Prior to that she had an open smile.

Devonte was brave to reach out and to try to get food for the other kids or to stockpile it for a run. Other kids told, and one had run away recently. None had given up, they wanted to LIVE. They were just kids.

Some people are pure evil. Jenn has that face and she always kept, Devonte, her money-maker, close at hand. I hope the women survived the crash and died a slow and agonizing death over days.

by Anonymousreply 538April 2, 2018 3:34 AM

R536 link please. I'm only finding rehash of old news.

by Anonymousreply 539April 2, 2018 3:35 AM

No note was found. Very T & L.

Authorities said that based on the absence of skid marks, data from air bag controllers and other information, which they wouldn't immediately disclose, they believed for now that the crash may have been intentional. But they said Sunday night that no suicide note had been found.

by Anonymousreply 540April 2, 2018 3:40 AM

r539 -

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 541April 2, 2018 3:40 AM

Dragging those kids around and boasting that the young boy had given THOUSANDS of hugs to strangers (after prompting from mom) is the opposite of what is recommended for any kid, but esp kids from traumatic backgrounds, who need to learn healthy and appropriate boundaries. It does not appear that they worked with any specialists on adoption issues at any point at all.

A sign of dysfunction on so many levels was heralded on social media.

Jenn was a sick pup. Not hard to imagine an abuse and mental illness background. I will not be surprised to learn that the kids received NO education but colored paper, crayons and chickens (fine for a 2 year old!)

I have seen this IRL, super controlling and manipulative parents get traumatized kids who need kindness and consistency and it veers toward abusive treatment. In the case of overseas adoption, there is ongoing involvement that prevents some of the worst case scenarios. Adoption of ONE abused child is a lot to take on, when there are stable finances and a lot of social support. This was collecting, pure and simple, driven by narcissism, laziness and $$$.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 542April 2, 2018 4:00 AM

I give them credit for adopting the whole family of kids, but they should have stopped at the one family of 3. My brother and SIL have gone through so much red tape and still haven't been able to adopt, but I realize it's a lot harder to adopt a white baby than an older AA child.

by Anonymousreply 543April 2, 2018 4:04 AM

Why would you give people who live on one supermarket salary credit for adopting children?!

by Anonymousreply 544April 2, 2018 4:18 AM

So when did the incident occurr? Cops must have the hour and date from the black box. How long were they stopped? Still looking for more info as this doesn't seem to add up yet.

by Anonymousreply 545April 2, 2018 4:20 AM

R543 why would you have given them any credit for anything? They shouldn’t have had any kids in their care, they clearly weren’t equipped to look after 1 let alone 6.

by Anonymousreply 546April 2, 2018 4:43 AM

I've held off on commenting on this thread, it's just so tragic and like all threads about adopted children, this one hits close to home as my son is adopted.

I can't speak for these women or attest to what resources they had available, but in my experience adopted/fostered kids need every ounce of attention you can provide, maybe even more than biological children who've had a stable background/upbringing. I applied to foster a single child because I knew that I wanted to do my utmost for him or her and a sibling group of two would have been too much for me to handle on my own. Six children is tough, even for two parents.

My son was abused and neglected for the first 12 1/2 years of his life. He came to me just shy of his 13th birthday, and yes, I did home school him and have him tutored for the first few months but after that initial time period he needed to get into a regular routine. He had some struggles adapting to a new school at first but he did settle in and eventually caught up with his peers. As important as it was for the two of us to bond, he also needed to make friends and socialize with other children his own age and he needed a routine. I love my son more than anything, and I don't regret a single thing, but, it wasn't easy.

Due to the trauma he experienced, my son was in just about every form of therapy - play therapy, music/ art therapy, horseback riding, and counseling which he still attends from time to time. All of this takes time, money, and dedication. I can't imagine the strain of providing all this for more than one child, (of course, I don't know the circumstances of the children in this case, my son may have had higher needs).

As a foster parent who later adopted my son, I went through endless hours of red tape, home visits, interviews with child services, and several meetings with a therapist myself to prove to family services that I would be able to handle the responsibility and the stress of adopting a child, especially one with a past. I would think that these women would have gone through similar.

My heart goes out to those beautiful children. This is truly a heart-wrenching story.

by Anonymousreply 547April 2, 2018 4:56 AM

Are you a gay man?

by Anonymousreply 548April 2, 2018 5:00 AM

Wow, r547 good on you! These kids must have been fostered first before getting approval. The state agencies need to show everything. I would love to know the household income at the time of the adoptions. I would think that the agencies would make sure that the kids' benefits weren't a factor. Did the income stream dry up when Jenn stopped working or what? There is a huge backstory on this case and damn, hopefully some changes are made for the whole process.

by Anonymousreply 549April 2, 2018 5:13 AM

Those kids look as if they were being forced to smile. How old are they in r504's image? No teen is that happy about anything. And they always have that smile. "Smile or you don't eat!" That's how it went in that family, I bet.

Redhead mom looks unbalanced. Was she the gamer? I can see her driving over and ending it all just to save face.

Heavy SUV's loaded with 5 or 8 people aren't going to fly hundreds of feet from a cliff no matter how fast they were going. Tides could push the car towards the rock before it sinks too.

by Anonymousreply 550April 2, 2018 5:17 AM

R547 if only those poor kids had found someone like you.

by Anonymousreply 551April 2, 2018 5:26 AM

They're smiling because they're outta the fuckin house!!

Seriously, I think Mom-with a capital M-Jenn was an agoraphobic. I used to know a woman, let's call her Brenda, who kept her agoraphobia under control when her kids were in school. My daughter met her youngest daughter on the first day of kindergarten and they became best friends. Except Brenda *barely* allowed playdates which was just plain weird. The kids saw each other at school and after school in the playground. And she was the same with the older brothers. All nights and weekends were family/tribe time. They would do stuff like shopping or driving down to Atlantic City for the weekend as a group. This Hart family reminded me of that dynamic. It was like Brenda could handle being out and about only when she was surrounded by her family. She was one of those women who can only drive by herself for one or two square miles. No highways, bridges or tunnels. She was the alpha and controlled everyone including her husband. If food needed to be picked up at night or for dinner, he did it. He was the breadwinner but tough shit, she called the shots. She went full agoraphobic once the daughter left for college. I'm assuming the stress caused it. I see some parallels in the Hart family story. The kids are growing up and asserting themselves as adults, CPS is knocking and Jenn can't handle it.

by Anonymousreply 552April 2, 2018 6:41 AM

Devonte, Devonte, Devonte. It's always about Devonte. It will come as no surprise that Jen was fluent in EST:

An elderly man was standing at the end of the bagging area conversing with the woman checking us out. He spots our son – looks him up and down.

Man: I can tell you are going to be a baseball player when you grow up.

Son: *Pauses, tilts his head and gives a closed mouth grin* Actually, no. Baseball isn’t really my thing.

Man: Well, I can tell you are going to be a ball player.

Son: (As his mom, I can tell there is a slight frustration inside of him) No, I don’t even play baseball.

Checkout lady: Oh, I bet you’re going to be a basketball or soccer player then!

Son: No, I don’t play any sports. It’s just not my thing. There’s nothing wrong with sports or anything, I just have other interests.

Checkout lady: (in a befuddled nearly astonished voice) WHAT!?!? I have NEVER met a kid that looks(!!!) like you that doesn’t play sports.

Man: *chuckling* Right?! never. They all do!

***My face was as red as my hair at this point. It was so obviously clear what was happening. While I wanted so badly to step in and protect my son from the ongoing racial stereotyping, I didn’t. I let him step into his own power and he handled it brilliantly***

Son: Well, of course you’ve never met a kid like me. I’m one of a kind. There’s not another person like me.

Man: Well, what do you want to be when you grow up?

Son: I’m here to help people. I’m here to inspire. Now.

Man: Oh, so you’re going to be a doctor? (as he laughed while he said it – not kidding)

Son: No, I’m not.

Man: Well, being a doctor is the best way to help people. What are you going to do to help and inspire people?

Son: (putting the last of the bags in the cart) I’m going to be myself. No matter how much people try to make me something I am not. Have a great night! *flashes ginormous smile*

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 553April 2, 2018 6:42 AM

Those tricky lesbians replaced the SUV's black box with a Black Box CD.

by Anonymousreply 554April 2, 2018 7:12 AM

r553 magical negro

by Anonymousreply 555April 2, 2018 7:22 AM

Hmm, wonder if all that $$ raised made it to the charities or if it went to overhead..

by Anonymousreply 556April 2, 2018 7:25 AM

R553, that article is gross, so much virtue signaling. Jen seems like a real piece of work.

by Anonymousreply 557April 2, 2018 7:32 AM

I bet that entire conversation at r553 was made up by that mom. What kid wants to “inspire” people. Inspire them to do what exactly?

by Anonymousreply 558April 2, 2018 7:42 AM

This is so disturbing. Who let these fucked up psycho adopt children in the first place? Why were they not enrolled in a public school and have on-going medical care?

CPS is run by loser nutjobs. We need reforms in how child health care, education and protection is operated.

These kids needed teachers, a medical doctor(s) and FOOD. They needed child development experts and a family court judge, not some loser social worker who cannot do their job.

When people make a report, they want those kids to have a DOCTOR, A TEACHER, A JUDGE looking out for them. Calling a hotline is BOGUS, right? A joke. We do not want some loser showing up whenever they want too. WE WANT A MEDICAL DOCTOR AND NURSES AT An ER.

by Anonymousreply 559April 2, 2018 8:00 AM

This is the best DL sleuthing since Soft Butch Sous Chef.

by Anonymousreply 560April 2, 2018 8:32 AM

This goes well beyond the usual "look at my perfect life" Facebook crap. Look at this video. It looks like footage from a professionally made adoption PSA.

To what end? I suppose it would make some sort of sense if they were staging these performances to bring in donations from people who saw them as a beacon of hope, but I haven't seen any mention yet of GoFundMe scamming or anything like that. Maybe they were and it just hasn't come out yet?

Were they following the Turpin plan for a reality fame — isolate a gang of starving, abused children and wait patiently for TLC to come knocking? I just can't comprehend what the original endgame was.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 561April 2, 2018 8:55 AM

r561 I have a 12 year old and she would not dance around and blow kisses, these kids act much younger than their ages and you can see they are being prompted.

by Anonymousreply 562April 2, 2018 9:20 AM

The neighbors had to call the Washington state authorities bc the local CPS authorities did not want to do anything. It looks like they were trying to get help for the kids for awhile.

Geez, these kids could have been alive. The cash crush happen in California, so I guess they bailed again.

Fucking Psychos.

by Anonymousreply 563April 2, 2018 9:25 AM

Damn woman drivers

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 564April 2, 2018 9:29 AM

R561, how old is that video? Also, it appears everyone had their front teeth...

Good Christ, this story is so heartbreaking and strange. Can't get away from it, since I am in the PNW and all the local news channels and such are all on it.

by Anonymousreply 565April 2, 2018 9:41 AM

People talk about the fakeness and hypocrisy of fundies, but the New age/hippy types are pretty fake, too. All about image.

by Anonymousreply 566April 2, 2018 9:45 AM

I bet Lipstick alley has a lot to say about it....

by Anonymousreply 567April 2, 2018 9:45 AM

Nah R567 they're either too busy licking Viola Davis' cunt or bitching about Shonda and her 'white' agenda.

by Anonymousreply 568April 2, 2018 9:53 AM

For those who are furious that The government powers that be would allow these women to adopt the two groups of children, do you not understand how difficult it is to adopt young white kids? Do you not understand that those in charge saw a chance to place some very troubled children and they realized that it might be the kids' only chance for a family?

That is also why I do not believe that they adopted children of color in order to signal to any and all that they had adopted the tribe. To put it plainly, I believe that the options for two lesbians in a red state(Texas) were extremely limited.

It would be great if this tragedy would propel black people to adopt their own with greater frequency.

by Anonymousreply 569April 2, 2018 9:55 AM

I noticed the teeth as well, r565. It was her 37th birthday so it must have been from 2016 or 2017. The other pictures and videos I've seen were older and I thought the kids looked so much healthier in this one.

by Anonymousreply 570April 2, 2018 10:02 AM

We do not want ABUSER and RELIGIOUS NUTJOBS to adopt children. We want less children (family planning) and responsible parenting.

by Anonymousreply 571April 2, 2018 10:45 AM

That birthday video was a tear-jerker. Those poor kids and dogs. It was the redhead. She killed them all.

I think the poster upthread was right in that she stopped the car and told the kids to get out to look at the ocean.

Once they unfastened their seatbelts, she gunned the engine and they flew off the cliff.

By some miracle, maybe the missing 3 ran off somewhere...

One of the girls sounded like she was mentally-challenged in the video of the kids watching the guy singing in pink shorts and head scarf.

by Anonymousreply 572April 2, 2018 11:32 AM

R549,I do not think they were fostered first. Both groups of sibs were adopted from TX at a time when the women lived in MN.

by Anonymousreply 573April 2, 2018 12:47 PM

This thread will reach 600 today, probably this morning. Hopefully, part 2 will then be started. This is too important, too tragic.

by Anonymousreply 574April 2, 2018 12:55 PM

It's strange that the birthday video at R561 does not appear on the uploads page of her channel.

All the other videos have received many views and nasty comments since the channel was discovered after the tragedy, but not this one.

Strange.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 575April 2, 2018 1:01 PM

Typical. Cruel, selfish behaviour from a bunch of Lipsticks. Us Butchies are well grounded and think of others and aren't mentally UNHINGED.

Were they even married or were they living in sin? God certainly punished the feeble.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 576April 2, 2018 1:19 PM

R575, the people making the comments haven't discovered it...yet. I wonder how R561 found it. Facebook?

It is strange how it wasn't on Jen Hart's page.

by Anonymousreply 577April 2, 2018 2:17 PM

The guys really do look malnourished in the camping video. There is no disputing that. Being “sent to your room without supper” must have been a regular thing.

Being a gay woman in this society has always been tough - in addition to being your own “bread winner” is the awareness “if you fuck this up yr toast.” This couple isolated themselves, and the kids - that is bizarre and tragic. They clearly they never reached out to friends or experts when they should have.

There was an awareness of the kids needs that was lacking in all the videos. The preponderance of videos smacks of certain narcissism, as in look our life is perfect and we are proving you wrong still those videos showed very very little in the way of affection between parents and kids. Had they reached out to PFLAG, or Community family play groups they could have found the emotional support they so clearly needed. Those poor kids, one day Mommy Jenn was loving the next day they were starving.

I know many Lesbian mothers and couples that foster and adopt. They are extremely smart, capable, compassionate and yes multiracial, progressive and believing in a better world for their kids. .

Praying that our society really understands that these 2 women were outliers. Fucking shocking that they felt so desperate they just snapped. Meanwhile I have also seen straight families where kids have flipped out from emotional abuse. These kids really needed advocates, the goodhearted neighbor woman was very sincere - she will be traumatized by this forever. The kids clearly picked up on her warmth and kind nature.

The LGBTQ Community always responds in times of crisis, and this certainly is one of those times.

by Anonymousreply 578April 2, 2018 2:22 PM

Go fuck yourself, r569.

by Anonymousreply 579April 2, 2018 2:23 PM

Isn’t there going to be a press conference today?

Also one detail I don’t understand - it says CPS went to the door and nobody answered, so they left? ... well of course they wouldn’t answer. CPS just leaves? So many failures in this case. And these kids were obviously not getting home schooled.

by Anonymousreply 580April 2, 2018 2:36 PM

I wondered about that , too, R580.

And how did the neighbor know they were CPS? Is it written on their car?

by Anonymousreply 581April 2, 2018 2:38 PM

If you look at Sara Hart’s Facebook page likes on pictures, there are a couple of loony, hippy people who seem to be their biggest fans- this is one that took photos:

Oh buddy... this makes me tear up... so glad to have had the chance to not only offer this up (what a freakin’ fun birthday party it was!) but I’m just so glad to have gotten to share special times with them. So many great Noodle hugs at Harmony Park, so fun goofin’ with the kids... having great chats with Jen... and I don’t even know who’s alive. It breaks my heart to even know... certainly a case of life not being fair as this whole family deserves to grow old together... I’m still shocked and in disbelief. I’ve been thinking about this party a lot, and just so glad for my time I got to spend with them. Air hugs. Love you buddy. ❤️

by Anonymousreply 582April 2, 2018 2:39 PM

Angelina Jolie "moves around a lot" and Angelina Jolie home schools and keeps her kids isolated. One of the reasons for the conflict with Brad is because he wanted them to have a real home base, and to be able to go to school and have friends and be normal. She OTOH wanted to start taking them to refugee cams in war zones.

by Anonymousreply 583April 2, 2018 2:44 PM

It's a strange coincidence that the two children who went to the neighbors for help are part of the three that are still missing.

by Anonymousreply 584April 2, 2018 2:58 PM

[quote]understand - it says CPS went to the door and nobody answered, so they left? ... well of course they wouldn’t answer. CPS just leaves?

What are they supposed to do, get a battering ram and break down the door?

by Anonymousreply 585April 2, 2018 3:02 PM

That visit was a matter of life and death.

by Anonymousreply 586April 2, 2018 3:04 PM

R585 No, they get a judge to sign an order and they literally take the door off its hinges. I have seen this in person.

by Anonymousreply 587April 2, 2018 3:10 PM

R584, I agree. And I’m not totally convinced they were on the trip to CA at all. I think they had received their “punishment” early.

by Anonymousreply 588April 2, 2018 3:14 PM

This thing is so depressing. Every time I read something like this involving kids getting abused or harmed or killed, we can catalogue the failures of CPS interwoven in to the story. It enrages me. The state has to balance the rights of parents against the rights of the state to intervene for the welfare of the kids and it always results in tragedy.

by Anonymousreply 589April 2, 2018 3:17 PM

Some things are as simple as they seem. Just like it has been acknowledged the speedometer probably moved (upon impact or as the vehicle was lifted) to 90 mph, i think the older kids @ heavier weight were propelled out of the car. I cannot fathom that these two broads didnt have any sort of LGBT parenting support group. Living in the woods away from a cosmopolitan center is just a bad move. No one paid the price for this but innocent teens and kids.

by Anonymousreply 590April 2, 2018 3:19 PM

I now believe that Devonte and 2 others were never in the car.

by Anonymousreply 591April 2, 2018 3:20 PM

R580, who knows?

There are no advisories on the website or Facebook of the CAlifornia Highway Patrol, in fact there is very little period. And I will be surprised if there is advance notice or live streaming if and when it happens.

You had to dig to find a video of the news briefing last week, and it was linked in a story by KGW 8 Portland, who instead of doing a new story each time there is a development, update a long existing article where you have to look carefully to find the one new fact.

At least The Oregonian does a new article, but here again you have to dig to find the new element.

Let's not even talk about the Seattle Times.

The majors have been mostly ignoring the story except the Washington Post.

Noone is trying to find family members of the two women for comment. Someone mentioned that if the family had been shot it would be a totally different matter.

Frustrating all around.

by Anonymousreply 592April 2, 2018 3:29 PM

R590, they DID have a parenting support group. All those burners and festival people told them how wonderful they are! /s

by Anonymousreply 593April 2, 2018 3:31 PM

New thread

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 594April 2, 2018 3:36 PM

Thank you, r594!

by Anonymousreply 595April 2, 2018 3:43 PM

Soon look for Donald using this tragedy to say homosexuals should not be allowed to adopt children.

by Anonymousreply 596April 2, 2018 4:59 PM

R320 HE IS RISEN!!

by Anonymousreply 597April 2, 2018 7:49 PM

Reenactment.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 598April 3, 2018 12:05 AM

So much fakeness online.

Read any feed on LinkedIn, and any of the messages could be these foster mums - so inspiring! you've changed my life! wow! a big thank you to you all! hugs to you all! here have an exclamation mark!

When did realness die?

by Anonymousreply 599April 3, 2018 2:13 AM

I call all this online fakeness an extension of virtue signalling - virtual rimming.

by Anonymousreply 600April 3, 2018 2:14 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!